2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.05/5

Signia is a market-leading hearing aid manufacturer with nearly one out of every four of the aids in use across the globe produced by this company. Formerly Siemens Hearing Instruments, Signia is now a part of WS Audiology but maintains its core German engineering strength to produce many high-performing models. Signia hearing aid technology features the latest in wireless connectivity, rechargeable batteries, and sleek styles, all suitable for hearing-loss levels ranging from very mild to severe.

Signia Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Signia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Signia?

Original review: July 28, 2020

I have owned Signia bi-cross hearing aides for about two years. They were my first hearing aids and recommended by the audiologist. During the last two years they have been back to Siemens 4 times for service. I brought them to my audiologist again today because they completely stopped working. The same problems recur each time - static, turning on and off by themselves, loss of bi-cross function. They have been replaced by the manufacturer and the problems persist. At a cost of $4000, it is a complete waste of money. I am planning to replace them with another brand.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I just got my first set of hearing aids, the Signia Pure Charge & Go 7X, 16 days ago and will be returning them for a full refund. Although I love all the features, either the right or left earpieces go completely dead on me. Just stop working. Signia replaced them quickly within a few days claiming this problem was an outlier, however when I picked up the replacements the Hearing Aid Specialist I've been working with claimed the issue could have been caused by the hearing aid getting wet from perspiration (from Arizona heat) and gave me a drying box.

Then the same day I picked up the new set in the morning by 6:00 pm the left earpiece went dead. It had a medium level charge according to the App. and I had been indoors in A/C all day. The only time I went outside with them in 104º heat was <5 minutes to check the mail. There's no way I perspired in that time. Even if I had these hearing aids wouldn't be a good choice for those living or traveling in hot or humid climates.

Although I did listen & watch YouTube reviews prior to purchasing them, which were all positive, I failed to read any user reviews until after the replacements failed. When I did read the reviews online I learned this is a common issue sorry to say. I’m grateful the issues surfaced during the trial period so I can get a full refund, but it's so disappointing. I was so excited about entering the hearing world again & having all the features, but in the future I'm going to research user reviews before purchasing a new set. Big thank you to all those users who have reviewed & inspired me to write about my own experience. I gave them 2 stars rather than 1 only because Signia responded so quickly during the trial period.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I don't know what it's like if you have an apple phone but if you an android device the customer service from Signia and Truhearing is non existent. After shelling out nearly $ 2,000.00 plus what my insurance paid, after a couple of months the bluetooth within their app went out. All but itself. Could not get a response from signia and truhearing said make an appointment to see if they need to be sent back for repair. Wonder what that'll cost me other than not having my nearly $2,000.00 products not available for use for who knows how long. Signia and truhearing if you own an android device are ripping you off. Do not buy them.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I bought my Signia Motion 13NX Motion 13p NX in March 2019. I regret that decision ever since. I had to send them out for repair or replacement 8 times. They are the absolute worst. If your hearing aid specialist suggest Signia please do yourself a favor and say no. I be happy to supply my record. I fought with my insurance, try hearing and signing. My next option is turning it over to small claims court. The only person that been helpful is my provider who stuck. I wasted my 4 year option on hearing aids and use my old pair as a backup. It truly a violation of the American disability act. These things are utterly worthless.

1. 3/16/19 - Purchased hearing aids through Truhearing. 2. 05/21/19 – Right hearing aid replaced due to failure. Requested option to replace through Truhearing. That I live 50 miles from my specialist it 100 mile round trip every time. 3. 06/18/19 – Left hearing aid replaced due to failure. 4. 09/25/19 – Left hearing aid repaired due to failure. 5. 10/04/19 – Right hearing aid repaired due to failure. Requested new pair through Truhearing. 6. 11/06/19 – Right hearing aid replaced. 7. 12/9/19 – Hearing aids replaced with same model. 8. 02/12/20 – Left hearing aid repaired due to failure. 9. 5/8/2020

Signia response

Hi Dane, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconveniences experienced. We're hear to help and now offer direct shipping repair service to prevent you from having to make the long drive. If you can private message us with your serial #s we will start the process to quickly provide you with any repair/ replacement necessary at no cost. Thank you

Original review: April 27, 2020

I purchased Signia Siemens Cellion Left and Right Hearing Aids with rechargeable batteries in 2017. They worked well for one year, but after that one year, and every year since, I've had crackling or whistling in either the Left or Right H.A. causing me to get help from my audiologist who sent them to the manufacturer for repair of the Left H.A. in 2018, and for replacement of both H.A. in 2019, this meant two trips each time to his office. This third year, despite the confinement for seniors, I shall have to make two more trips to my audiologist's office for the same whistling that occurred again, this time in both H.A. on 04/2020. My warranty expires on 08/2020. Does one have to expect a future of yearly problems from these costly hearing aids that are proving so unreliable and defective?

Signia response

Hi MarieLouise, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconveniences experienced. We're hear to help and now offer direct shipping repair service while many clinics are closed or partially open. If you can private message us with your serial #s we will start the process to quickly provide you with any repair/ replacement necessary at no cost. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Signia is my second set of hearing aides and they were much more expensive than my first set. Of course when the audiologists sold them to me she pointed out all the bells and whistles that my other set didn’t have. I have to say they have been very disappointing thus far. I’ve had them approximately two years and I’ve had nothing but issues from the start. The original problem I had was that they would turn on and off several times per day for no reason. The second issue I have is that they cut in and out all the time. Originally they blamed the humidity (even though it wasn’t humid). They gave me one of the “dry boxes” to store them in but the issue continued. They finally set them to Signia and supposedly replaced them and the issue is happening again.

It’s the middle of winter here so not sure what they will blame it on now. I’m reading all the reviews online. I see this is a common issue with Signia. I agree with the other reviews about the loudest of background noise too. Very disappointing after all the money I’ve spent. These may be have more bells and whistles than my other set but my other set never once had to be sent out for service or repair. Will never purchase this brand again!! Don’t waste your money!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I paid $5000 for the Cellion hearing aids with rechargeable batteries. This is the first pair of hearing aids I have ever owned. I have owned them for 2 years and have had to return to the audiologist 6 times already for battery issues. They work fine for a while then either start to cut out completely or give me the low battery warning when I have only had them on for a few hours and they charged all night. I had one replaced thru a rapid exchange 6 months ago and it is starting to do the same thing already. Am wondering if I was better off with replaceable battery set. Audiologist is fine with checking them out and sending back for service but this is getting tiring since I have to take off work every time I have an issue.

Signia response

Hi Art, thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the inconveniences encountered. We definitely agree to have your audiologist check the aids and send in to us for repair or replacement. Please private message us if you have any additional questions as we are here to help.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I don't have the specific model type info available right now - the pair cost me $7150. The most expensive model my audiologist had. All the bells and whistles, extended warranty, etc, etc, blah, blah... About 7 (or more) visits in the first 9 months for repairs and one replacement/send in fix - Without my right one for almost two weeks. These are 'paired'. If you don't have the right one, there is no way to raise the volume manually on these (left lowers, right raises). You are stuck with using the phone app. The phone app I had originally was pathetic. It would work about 50% of the time. Maybe.

The newest version of this app is even worse. They have also taken away some of the features of the original app. Those are features I paid extra for. Insert inappropriate language here. I'm getting 'hot' again just writing about this.. Go to Costco. Buy a different brand. Get things in writing (warranty, service, etc). I can get 3 pairs of good aids for what I paid for these. Two pairs of the best... I could write more specific details about noise issues, click sleeves (?) coming apart when removing aid from ear ($285 visit to doctor to remove the remaining part from my ear canal). Absolutely NOT recommended, especially for the price paid.

Signia response

Hi David, thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the inconveniences experienced. We are confident we can help resolve any lingering issues to ensure you get the full benefit from your investment in our hearing technology. If you would like us to explore a no cost repair or replacement please private message us your hearing aid serial #s to begin the process for you. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

They amplify background noise so much, I feel I am inside the A/C or the heater, it really drives me crazy to have this hearing aids on, and I don't see any benefit in discriminating words better in conversation.

Signia response

Hi Vit, thank you for sharing your experience and we're sorry to hear of your less than desirable experience. We are here to help and we're certain that we can improve your situation and would like to support your hearing specialist in doing so. Can you please message us with your serial #s and clinic name to get started? Thank you

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have had my Siemens Pure Micron hearing aids for over six (6) years. I chose this brand because of the Siemens name. They have worked famously for me. However, in recent weeks, I've noticed that the ear-to-ear wireless communication has stopped working. I must adjust each unit individually. When I was in for a cleaning today, I mentioned this problem to the technician. She tried to explain that this can happen and that their newer equipment does not support this feature any longer. I paid dearly for these hearing aids and now one of their key features is gone. What will go next… the program control? Perhaps the reasoning is that I will buy a new pair. Because of their shortsightedness, my next units will NOT be Siemens/Signia.

Signia response

Hi Ken, apologies for the delayed response as we were just able to get access to respond on this website. So we understand the inconvenience and would like to help resolve the issue for you. Due to the effects of wear and tear from regular usage, the typical life of a hearing aid is generally around 5 to 6 years. Much alike a well used automobile, eventually parts may fail and need to be replaced. Could you please privately respond with your hearing aid serial #s so we can investigate options to resolve this issue for you? Thank you

Signia author review by Shelley Webb

Signia serves people with any level of hearing loss, from mild to profound, including those with hearing loss in only one ear. Customers can take advantage of 0% monthly financing. Talk to your local provider for more details.

• Products: This company sells 18 hearing aid models, including behind-the-ear, in-the-canal and in-the-ear styles, as well as Signia’s uniquely slim receiver-in-canal model, the Styletto. Signia also sells an invisible hearing aid called the Silk Nx.

• Features: Many of these hearing aids are rechargeable, and most are Bluetooth-compatible. Signia hearing aids are also available with own-voice processing and tinnitus relief. Its line of CROS hearing aids, including an invisible hearing aid, offers solutions for those who experience hearing loss in one ear.

• Trial and warranty: Signia offers a warranty on every hearing aid. Contact your local provider for more information.

• Locations: You can find local Signia hearing aid sellers by using the store locator tool on the company’s website.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Signia Company Information