2.29/5

Need a good hearing aid?

Need a good hearing aid?

14 Signia Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have had my Siemens Pure Micron hearing aids for over six (6) years. I chose this brand because of the Siemens name. They have worked famously for me. However, in recent weeks, I've noticed that the ear-to-ear wireless communication has stopped working. I must adjust each unit individually. When I was in for a cleaning today, I mentioned this problem to the technician. She tried to explain that this can happen and that their newer equipment does not support this feature any longer. I paid dearly for these hearing aids and now one of their key features is gone. What will go next… the program control? Perhaps the reasoning is that I will buy a new pair. Because of their shortsightedness, my next units will NOT be Siemens/Signia.

Original review: June 25, 2019

After spending 4.5 k Euro, my pair of Signia devices loses connection when in a noisy environment, like restaurant. So the purpose of crossing sound is lost and again cannot listen to the speakers sitting on my deaf side. Really not happy with the such an expensive equipment. Just arranging my money back to move to another working brand.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2019

So disappointed and out $3,000 with fake intermittent hearing aids that don't stay in and keep cutting out. All they amplify is background noise and you have to deal with too many different people and middlemen. Maybe they work better if you live in Germany. Plus the companies just wanted my credit score and to sell me expensive loans. I can't find if they were approved by the FDA.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Bad experience in using Signia Cellion 5px hearing aids - I bought the above product in Delhi India, assuming Siemens to be the best. Willingly spent over Rs 2 lakhs with a hope to enjoy better hearing. Unfortunately my experience was different; unable to hear properly even TV, conversations. Complained several times with no positive results. I am disgusted & would never ever recommend Siemens Signia products to any one. - Dr Pramod **, Retired Professor, IIT Delhi.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Recently I called customer care about an issue. The representative would not listen, had no information to address my concern except "she was told by her manager". When I asked to speak with the manager I was told "that's not going to happen" and hung up. This is the kind of service you can expect from a $6,000 purchase. Speaks volumes. Beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Signia?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Through a hearing aid specialist, within the past year, I recently purchased a pair of Signia hearing aids. They never helped my problem as they only magnified the noises around me and not conversations. Twice they failed by suddenly started producing static (while under warranty) and I haven't finished paying for them! Look for something much less expensive because I didn't and I regret it!

Original review: June 21, 2018

The fidelity of the hearing aid is good, not great; but that may be true of all in the ear hearing aids. The Bluetooth leaves much to be desired. It should connect with the hearing device so that phone calls and media go right into my ear. Unfortunately, it constantly shuts off and I have to reconnect it. Second problem is that when I am talking on the phone using the Bluetooth, the people I am talking to constantly tell me I sound like I am in a tunnel. They also tell me that my voice is fading in and out, even if I hold the Bluetooth directly in front of my mouth. It is a disappointing product. Previously, I had bought my hearing aid at Costco, which was literally two thirds less expensive. Although the fidelity of the Costco hearing aid was lousy, the Bluetooth worked perfectly.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Bought Signia hearing aids, then had to replace one, ordered it thru local audiologist, and it's now been 17 days since they placed order with Signia and still not arrived. When they called Signia, were told by customer service, "Ooh, yeah, we are just processing that order today". Find a better manufacturer of hearing aids than Signia.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I bought a pair of Lotus Run SP hearing aids. When I have received them I was promised a fitting app to have them fitted to my hearing. In their advertisements of these particular hearing aids they do not say if you live in the U.S. you can't get them fitted because you can't get the app in the US. I bought these hearing aids from one of Sivantos Partners in India.

I've contacted them and I have contacted the Sivantos company. I requested help. All I was told because I live in the U.S. I am not entitled to this app. I cannot afford to pay $3,000 for hearing aids for I am disabled and yes I do live in the U.S. I have profound hearing loss in my left ear and severe hearing loss in my right ear. So now I am stuck with hearing aids that cannot be fitted to my hearing. Still no reply from the company other than telling me because I live in the U.S. I'm not entitled for the app. What is wrong with this picture here. Not every American could afford to pay a lot of money for hearing aids. There are some of us that are disabled and have to live on SSI and Medicaid which do not cover for hearing aids.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Hearing aids are very expensive for what you get in return. Do your homework before you buy. I did not and I regret it. I spent thousands of dollars on Siemens BTE RIC hearing aids that have been a huge disappointment. I have owned them 5 yrs. and they have only worked for 2 and a half maybe 3 yrs. of the 5yrs. After purchasing them and having them repaired once under warranty by the dealer I have spent another $1200 in repairs. The dealer I went to went out of business. I tried to contact the company, SIGNIA, directly about repairs and they just referred me to another dealer. I got zero help from them. DON'T BUY SIEMENS OR SIGNIA. AVOID A HUGE HEADACHE!!!

Signia expert review by Shelley Webb

Signia Hearing Aids, formerly known as Siemens Hearing Aids, is the United States division of Sivantos, a global hearing aid corporation. Signia draws on the technological innovation of Siemens, which has been a leading innovator in the hearing support industry since Werner von Siemens developed a telephone receiver for the hearing impaired in 1878.

• Product selection: Signia offers in-the-ear, behind-the-ear and in-the-canal options in many designs, colors and sizes. It also creates accessories such as wireless remotes, batteries, chargers and more, along with hearing protection earbuds for those exposed to loud noises frequently.

• Smart hearing aids: Signia makes a wide range of hearing aids and accessories, including devices that can connect to smartphones and automatically adjust to offer improved hearing in a wider range of environments.

• Doctor locator: The Signia Hearing Aid website has a doctor locator that helps potential customers find Signia Advanced Partners and Signia Hearing Aid Benefit Plan Participants near them.

• Hearing loss information: Signia provides hearing loss information that helps people determine whether they have hearing issues and how they can use hearing instruments to address those issues. Its website provides an online hearing test that potential customers can use to determine whether they have hearing loss.

• Options for children: Signia Hearing Aids offers information and hearing aid products that specifically focus on the unique needs of children with hearing loss and tinnitus.

• Best for: adults and children who have hearing loss and patients with tinnitus.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
      Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Signia Company Information