2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request More Info
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.33/5

Signia is a market-leading hearing aid manufacturer with nearly one out of every four of the aids in use across the globe produced by this company. Formerly Siemens Hearing Instruments, Signia is now a part of WS Audiology but maintains its core German engineering strength to produce many high-performing models. Signia hearing aid technology features the latest in wireless connectivity, rechargeable batteries, and sleek styles, all suitable for hearing-loss levels ranging from very mild to severe.

Signia Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I paid $5000 for the Cellion hearing aids with rechargeable batteries. This is the first pair of hearing aids I have ever owned. I have owned them for 2 years and have had to return to the audiologist 6 times already for battery issues. They work fine for a while then either start to cut out completely or give me the low battery warning when I have only had them on for a few hours and they charged all night. I had one replaced thru a rapid exchange 6 months ago and it is starting to do the same thing already. Am wondering if I was better off with replaceable battery set. Audiologist is fine with checking them out and sending back for service but this is getting tiring since I have to take off work every time I have an issue.

Signia response

Hi Art, thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the inconveniences encountered. We definitely agree to have your audiologist check the aids and send in to us for repair or replacement. Please private message us if you have any additional questions as we are here to help.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I don't have the specific model type info available right now - the pair cost me $7150. The most expensive model my audiologist had. All the bells and whistles, extended warranty, etc, etc, blah, blah... About 7 (or more) visits in the first 9 months for repairs and one replacement/send in fix - Without my right one for almost two weeks. These are 'paired'. If you don't have the right one, there is no way to raise the volume manually on these (left lowers, right raises). You are stuck with using the phone app. The phone app I had originally was pathetic. It would work about 50% of the time. Maybe.

The newest version of this app is even worse. They have also taken away some of the features of the original app. Those are features I paid extra for. Insert inappropriate language here. I'm getting 'hot' again just writing about this.. Go to Costco. Buy a different brand. Get things in writing (warranty, service, etc). I can get 3 pairs of good aids for what I paid for these. Two pairs of the best... I could write more specific details about noise issues, click sleeves (?) coming apart when removing aid from ear ($285 visit to doctor to remove the remaining part from my ear canal). Absolutely NOT recommended, especially for the price paid.

Signia response

Hi David, thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the inconveniences experienced. We are confident we can help resolve any lingering issues to ensure you get the full benefit from your investment in our hearing technology. If you would like us to explore a no cost repair or replacement please private message us your hearing aid serial #s to begin the process for you. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

They amplify background noise so much, I feel I am inside the A/C or the heater, it really drives me crazy to have this hearing aids on, and I don't see any benefit in discriminating words better in conversation.

Signia response

Hi Vit, thank you for sharing your experience and we're sorry to hear of your less than desirable experience. We are here to help and we're certain that we can improve your situation and would like to support your hearing specialist in doing so. Can you please message us with your serial #s and clinic name to get started? Thank you

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have had my Siemens Pure Micron hearing aids for over six (6) years. I chose this brand because of the Siemens name. They have worked famously for me. However, in recent weeks, I've noticed that the ear-to-ear wireless communication has stopped working. I must adjust each unit individually. When I was in for a cleaning today, I mentioned this problem to the technician. She tried to explain that this can happen and that their newer equipment does not support this feature any longer. I paid dearly for these hearing aids and now one of their key features is gone. What will go next… the program control? Perhaps the reasoning is that I will buy a new pair. Because of their shortsightedness, my next units will NOT be Siemens/Signia.

Signia response

Hi Ken, apologies for the delayed response as we were just able to get access to respond on this website. So we understand the inconvenience and would like to help resolve the issue for you. Due to the effects of wear and tear from regular usage, the typical life of a hearing aid is generally around 5 to 6 years. Much alike a well used automobile, eventually parts may fail and need to be replaced. Could you please privately respond with your hearing aid serial #s so we can investigate options to resolve this issue for you? Thank you

Original review: June 6, 2019

So disappointed and out $3,000 with fake intermittent hearing aids that don't stay in and keep cutting out. All they amplify is background noise and you have to deal with too many different people and middlemen. Maybe they work better if you live in Germany. Plus the companies just wanted my credit score and to sell me expensive loans. I can't find if they were approved by the FDA.

Signia response

Hi Anna, apologies for the delayed response as we were just able to get access to respond on this website. We can definitely help resolve an issues you are experiencing with your devices to ensure optimal benefit from your purchase. Can you please send a private response with those details and your hearing aid serial #s? Thank you

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Signia?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Recently I called customer care about an issue. The representative would not listen, had no information to address my concern except "she was told by her manager". When I asked to speak with the manager I was told "that's not going to happen" and hung up. This is the kind of service you can expect from a $6,000 purchase. Speaks volumes. Beware.

Signia response

Hi Ray, apologies for the delayed response as we were just able to get access to respond on this website. So we very want to make this right for you and we are confident we can quickly do so to address any product issues you may be encountering. Could you privately respond with more details if still encountering any issues? Thank you

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Through a hearing aid specialist, within the past year, I recently purchased a pair of Signia hearing aids. They never helped my problem as they only magnified the noises around me and not conversations. Twice they failed by suddenly started producing static (while under warranty) and I haven't finished paying for them! Look for something much less expensive because I didn't and I regret it!

Original review: June 21, 2018

The fidelity of the hearing aid is good, not great; but that may be true of all in the ear hearing aids. The Bluetooth leaves much to be desired. It should connect with the hearing device so that phone calls and media go right into my ear. Unfortunately, it constantly shuts off and I have to reconnect it. Second problem is that when I am talking on the phone using the Bluetooth, the people I am talking to constantly tell me I sound like I am in a tunnel. They also tell me that my voice is fading in and out, even if I hold the Bluetooth directly in front of my mouth. It is a disappointing product. Previously, I had bought my hearing aid at Costco, which was literally two thirds less expensive. Although the fidelity of the Costco hearing aid was lousy, the Bluetooth worked perfectly.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Bought Signia hearing aids, then had to replace one, ordered it thru local audiologist, and it's now been 17 days since they placed order with Signia and still not arrived. When they called Signia, were told by customer service, "Ooh, yeah, we are just processing that order today". Find a better manufacturer of hearing aids than Signia.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I bought a pair of Lotus Run SP hearing aids. When I have received them I was promised a fitting app to have them fitted to my hearing. In their advertisements of these particular hearing aids they do not say if you live in the U.S. you can't get them fitted because you can't get the app in the US. I bought these hearing aids from one of Sivantos Partners in India.

I've contacted them and I have contacted the Sivantos company. I requested help. All I was told because I live in the U.S. I am not entitled to this app. I cannot afford to pay $3,000 for hearing aids for I am disabled and yes I do live in the U.S. I have profound hearing loss in my left ear and severe hearing loss in my right ear. So now I am stuck with hearing aids that cannot be fitted to my hearing. Still no reply from the company other than telling me because I live in the U.S. I'm not entitled for the app. What is wrong with this picture here. Not every American could afford to pay a lot of money for hearing aids. There are some of us that are disabled and have to live on SSI and Medicaid which do not cover for hearing aids.

Signia expert review by Shelley Webb

Signia Hearing Aids, formerly known as Siemens Hearing Aids, is the United States division of Sivantos, a global hearing aid corporation. Signia draws on the technological innovation of Siemens, which has been a leading innovator in the hearing support industry since Werner von Siemens developed a telephone receiver for the hearing impaired in 1878.

• Product selection: Signia offers in-the-ear, behind-the-ear and in-the-canal options in many designs, colors and sizes. It also creates accessories such as wireless remotes, batteries, chargers and more, along with hearing protection earbuds for those exposed to loud noises frequently.

• Smart hearing aids: Signia makes a wide range of hearing aids and accessories, including devices that can connect to smartphones and automatically adjust to offer improved hearing in a wider range of environments.

• Doctor locator: The Signia Hearing Aid website has a doctor locator that helps potential customers find Signia Advanced Partners and Signia Hearing Aid Benefit Plan Participants near them.

• Hearing loss information: Signia provides hearing loss information that helps people determine whether they have hearing issues and how they can use hearing instruments to address those issues. Its website provides an online hearing test that potential customers can use to determine whether they have hearing loss.

• Options for children: Signia Hearing Aids offers information and hearing aid products that specifically focus on the unique needs of children with hearing loss and tinnitus.

• Best for: adults and children who have hearing loss and patients with tinnitus.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Signia Company Information