2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.63/5

Signia is a hearing aid provider with a comprehensive selection of high-tech products. The company values streamlined designs and offers consumers a wide variety of hearing aids to fit their needs. pricing and purchasing are not available online, but you can compare features on its website and order products through a local dealer.

BOTTOM LINE

People looking for many device options will find a comprehensive line of hearing aids from Signia. Available features include motion sensors, speech clarity, rechargeability and high-tech streaming solutions.

PROS

• High-tech solutions
  • Free trial
  • Comprehensive selection

CONS

• Must buy through local providers
  • Pricing unavailable online

Top Signia Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Signia?

It has always a nice staff to help you when you need it. I feel a care client always, I know I can find what I need. Good product and quality. Just what I want and need, affordable and always good stock, love this brand. Good value, trusty brand high care for you…

Store employees are right there in a flash when you need any assistance. They are very friendly and highly knowledgeable when it comes to their store. High quality, amazing, very very durable brand… We've been a customer for YEARS…

What is Signia?

Signia provides a comprehensive selection of hearing aids for mild to profound hearing loss. The company focuses on integrating new technologies and sophisticated design features, and it has style options that include receiver-in-canal, in-the-ear and behind-the-ear. Several of its models are rechargeable.

Signia offers online hearing tests and a free technology trial. Fill out a form on the website to be contacted by your local Signia provider and begin your free trial. Many models fit right away, while others require custom fitting. In all cases, your provider works with you to adjust the settings and learn to use the controls to maximize comfort and hearing experience.

How do Signia Hearing Aids work?

Signia has several options for connectivity and control of your hearing devices. Most Signia hearing aids connect to the Signia touchControl app, which lets you control the volume and other features from your smartphone. Some models also connect to the miniPocket accessory that fits in your pocket and controls volume and other features. Signia Made for iPhone hearing aids connect directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod so you can stream phone calls, music and more straight to your hearing aids.

Signia Nx models come with an optional StreamLine Mic device, which transforms your hearing aids into a hands-free mobile headset for phone calls and wireless headphones that stream from any Bluetooth device. The mic also functions as an additional remote microphone to help you listen in challenging noise situations, like meetings or crowds.

The StreamLine TV device feeds audio directly into your hearing aids and can be used with multiple devices in case more than one person in your family wears hearing aids. StreamLine TV is compatible with other streaming features and automatically turns off if you receive a call.

Several Signia models come with rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that deliver long-lasting wearability, reliable streaming with Bluetooth and shorter charging time. Pure Charge&Go X comes with a charging case that takes three to four hours to gain an all-day charge. Styletto Connect comes with a portable case that can charge your phone for up to three days without being plugged in.

How much do Signia hearing aids cost?

Though it showcases the entire line of hearing devices and accessories for shopping convenience, Signia does not disclose pricing on its website. Pricing for Signia products is available from local providers. You can find a local dealer by entering your ZIP code on the Signia website.

Signia FAQ

How do you turn on Signia hearing aids?
    Some Signia hearing aids have onboard controls that might include a power button. Others have remote control-only capabilities that let you make adjustments from a smartphone or accessory device.
    How much does the Signia Silk NX cost?
    Signia does not list prices on its website. Contact a local audiologist or retailer to find the prices of Signia hearing aids in your area.
    Where are Signia hearing aids made?
    Signia hearing aids are made in Piscataway, New Jersey
    Is Siemens now Signia?
    Siemens was acquired by Sivantos, which sells hearing aids under the Signia brand.

Is Signia a good hearing aid?

Signia offers hearing aid devices for mild to profound hearing loss and has a comprehensive range of options for high-tech, streamlined designs and rechargeability. Consumers looking for a one-stop shop for hearing aids will appreciate the selection and most likely find a model that fits their needs. But to make a final decision or determine which options fit their budget, customers must contact a local provider to get a quote — pricing information is not available on the company’s website.

Signia Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I bought my Signia hearing aid about 1 year ago and am very satisfied with the way it works. This hearing aid is very simple to pair and the battery last a lot longer than the old one that I had. This hearing aid is very comfortable and is small enough that most people do not realize I even have one in my ear. I would recommend these hearing aids to any of my friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

The Signia hearing aids I purchased two years ago are superior to others I have had. These aids have had no problems due to the aid it self. I have 5 different channels that include: Bluetooth, Telecoil which allows me to listen directly in my aids to a speaker in a room with a loop system installed. Also, a channel for privacy, and one for noisy environment. I would definitely purchase the Signia brand again.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

This line is superb. We ordered the top of the line, rechargeable. They are hard to see on the head and accurately attenuated by our audiologist. The company provides warranty for loss by deeply reducing the charge. An especially great service, given mask wearing for Covid. Even high frequency loss is aided for increased accuracy with speech perception. These offer direct focus to at-point audibility and "reduces" surrounding noise and other's conversations. Recharging is a God-send instead of changing tiny batteries which large male hands cannot manage. As opposed to detesting wearing hearing aids, my husband loves them!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

When I was younger I played bass guitar, in a cover band. Then I worked at the GM assembly line. My ears were shot. First words out of my mouth were WHAT...My family kept telling me to stop shouting, I thought I was just talking, well that's what it sounded like to me. Then there's the TV, surround sound, o boy, Man did my wife complain. Well it's been 5 or 6 weeks now that I've got my ears on. WOW I can hear things I haven't heard in many, many years. My TV went from volume 25 to 37. I'm so impressed, my vanity held me back...I didn't want to look like mom & dad... An old person... Guess what I am that old person, I don't feel old, & now that I can hear again life is super wonderful. You really don't know how bad it is until you put the hearing aids in and millions of sound waves in gulf your ears... Easiest part they are rechargeable.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I find it easy to insert and invisible even though I have short hair. I put in the charger nightly and the economic difference since I do no have to replace batteries is substantial. There is clarity of tone. I can adjust the volume. My husband who should be wearing a hearing aid but doesn't watches television while at a high volume. I can lower the sound on my hearing aid so that certainly prevents arguments.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Usually excellent But wish they had more customer support. They do have a line for us to talk directly with audiologists. We need more of that. And have these support desk available on weekends and evenings. And have more from your providers -- I am likely to change mine soon, and I don't know who in NM works with your company.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Still in the process of getting the correct "fitting" and the appropriate adjustment. The type I have bought, I find, is not user friendly... I'm hoping this will be fixed. The support up to now is very good.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Problem I had they tried to adjust my aids over the internet. Otherwise I am pleased with them. Talked to the company. They arranged for me to go to an audiologist to get them adjusted. I have a case of tinnitus and needed the circuit turned on.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I went to Tru Hearing in Anaheim, Ca. 92801 just before Covid hit, the ladies claim that the Signia is fitted for my ear canal, I told them I don't remember them taking a mold of the inside of the ear canal, many times & different ladies too, they claim it was adjusted, no it wasn't, when I use it, after I take it out for the night, a lot of pain in ear canal, they don't care. They got my money, it doesn't fit right to this day, Tru Hearing needs to make a mold of the inside of my ear canal & make it fit correctly, they haven't done it yet, I will have to call they again, for them to just do their job correctly the first time, I wouldn't have this problem with the hearing aid. The Signia is cute & red, they need to train the people that sell them a lot more about fitting them to the customer's ear. PLEASE Mrs. ** of Anaheim, Ca.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Had my hearing aids about a year and they quit working. Had them in for repair and replacement twice. Same problem. No resolve. Had to invest in a different company's hearing aids. Seems like a scam. Insurance company supposedly gives you a break, the hearing aids went discontinued and support was non-existent. It seems other people were having the same problem so going back to the vendor is a lost cause. The hearing aids are still under warranty. What a deal.

Signia Company Information