Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.8/5 (883 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

We purchased a mattress from the Hagerstown MD Mattress Firm store. It didn't meet our expectations and we woke after the first night with horrible backaches. They graciously helped out with a hassle free exchange for another mattress of better quality. "Mike" the assistant store manager helped us out, he was great!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I had a wonderful experience with Mattress Firm in Sugar Land, Texas. While my husband was hospitalized I decided to purchase a mattress. I wanted the entire process to be completed by the time he was discharged. I was probably their most decisive customer because I went in and spent much time looking at and lying of various mattresses. Finally I made a decision and completed the sale. The delivery and setup was completed as planned.

Well, after 2 nights, I felt I had purchased the wrong mattress for us. Well I called and then went in and talked about how awful the mattress was to sleep on. It was explained to me that the company policy was to keep and sleep on it for at least 30 days. I did not want 30 days. It was too hard. Brandon, my salesperson, had been with me through the entire process. He did whatever needed to be done to make sure I got a mattress that was to my pleasing. I was so appreciative and if need be will shop there again. Thanks for compassion that was shown to me by Brandon.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

They were quick, sufficient, and kind. Took care of my needs over the phone as well as when delivery was made. Above and beyond great customer service. Took old box spring and helped me move my mattress from basement to upstairs.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

The young lady who waited on us was professional, attentive, and supportive in guiding us to our choice. She was clear in her answers and allowed us to make our decision without any pushing. Very pleasant experience.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Allan was very helpful, pleasant and helped me pick out a great mattress. I was able to get the one I wanted. In today's world helpful, politeness goes a long way for me. I would recommend anybody looking for a new mattress go to Mattress Firm!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The delivery crew was professional and friendly. Always wearing a mask and easy to talk with. At first they told me, they did not set up the headboard set. But after I called Ms. **, she contacted the delivery company, The crew came back and set up the headboard. Even though it was not a scheduled task, they did well with no issues. The crew gets a 10 in delivery and set up.

Attached is picture of the headboard set up, which is 3” lower than the mattress. Looks odd, but I sent this pic to Ms. **. I am waiting for her to reply. My frustration is Ms. ** said she would call me back when she contacted the delivery company to set up the headboard. She did not call me back. She also didn’t return my call, when I left a message 1:10 pm. It wasn’t until 4:02 I called her again and she was pleasant, but not resolving my current problem. I asked her why she didn’t call me, and she said she was busy. What manager of a business doesn’t check her voice mail for 3-hours and call back customers that have given her $3500 worth of business?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I purchased two mattress recently at Mattress Firm. At delivery - one was extremely wet and very stained. The delivery group left it - obviously knowing it was extremely wet and stained. My Mom recently broke her hip. I went to the store to purchase an adjustable base so she could raise her legs and head. The day before delivery, Mattress Firm called to say it would be another week. Frustration is really not the appropriate word. It is more they need to understand - there are people behind these purchases, and at times, individuals who are in desperate need of these products. Although the mattresses may be good quality - the customer service is not. I would not recommend the company!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I selected and paid for a mattress over a month ago at Mattress Firm in Visalia, CA. Every week, someone from Mattress Firm calls me to schedule a delivery, and every week they cancel the delivery the day before and tell me that my mattress will be delivered the following week. This has been ongoing for over a month. Today, Adrian called me and told me that my mattress was "in the warehouse" - yay!! - and warned me that if I didn't schedule a delivery during the week (while I'm at work) that the mattress I paid for would be delivered to someone else.

When I called him on his **, he backpedaled and blamed the computer for automatically rerouting deliveries. I have no doubt that I will love my mattress when I finally get it, but customer service is lousy. I imagine that by now my mattress has been in the warehouse several times but has been delivered to other customers because my job means that I'm only available on Saturday. If they screw this up again, I'm canceling my order.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Salesperson was condescending and argumentative. Opted to purchase with them because salesperson said they had it available in the warehouse whereas the other mattress companies we had visited said 6 weeks or longer because the mattress was handmade. She said it would only be delivery time from the warehouse and gave a date 10 days away for it to be there. Then she changed it saying she needed to add 2 days just in case so it wouldn’t be an overdue order.

The 12 days came and we had heard nothing so I checked the order online and saw it wasn’t expected to leave the warehouse for another week! I called the salesperson at the store and she again tried to argue that I couldn’t possibly have a date for pickup on a Friday because they get deliveries on Saturday. As she was on speakerphone, my spouse heard and informed her of her original promise for a Wednesday but she wanted to add a couple days “in case”. Then she said that couldn’t be true because they don’t know until the deliveries come and she can see the invoice and once they see it on the invoice she would call us for pick up. Then what is the expected delivery date for?!?

Again we reminded her she said it was available in the warehouse and that was why we purchased with them. She said she couldn’t control when it came! When we said we felt she was rude from the start and now had lied to us and didn’t feel comfortable doing business with them any further so to cancel the order. She hung up on us! Tried calling back and nobody would pick up. When going online to the website it has a “call us” option to click but when you do it has a recorded message to go online and complete a form with your issues and someone will contact in 24-48 hrs! You can’t speak to a person! Horrible, Horrible, Horrible company and customer service

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I searched the site with measurements for a tri fold mattress to replace the one on my futon chair. It came up with one meeting the measurements. I went to the brick and mortar store asking for the product, and they told me they never carry them in the store. The store advertises a 120 day return policy, so I wasn't too worried. I went back home and ordered it. First off, I was supposed to have it by Friday of that week and it was 5 days late. Maybe that is not their fault, but I was unable to reach a human about the issue. Then I receive the mattress and it is the wrong size. I have no idea why the one I was looking at was not the one that went into my cart, but I received a useless item. I contacted customer support and they want me to pay $100 return delivery fee plus a 10% restocking fee. The mattress didn't even cost $100! They are not willing to do anything to help remedy the situation. I definitely do not recommend ordering anything online from them.

Mattress Firm author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information