2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.69/5

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: June 18, 2020

Salesman who was also manager of store, according to him, took time to show me the adjustable bases & sales mattresses. The Memorial day sale was extended. I presume because of pandemic not many people out shopping. Anyway: made my purchase & the warranties & since items were in stock delivery was to be in couple days. Well gentlemen came; brought in new frame/mattress & removed my old mattress/box spring. Thus far all is well.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Nice mattresses, comfortable, and the staff is friendly. However their payment plans are unrealistic during this pandemic and just a little pricey. What I like for us 1. Quality of comfort of a mattress. 2. The quality in which it is made and the style such as memory foam or pillow top. 3. Price, I guess this should be number 1. 4. Financing or payment plan options. 5. Promotions. Number 3 and 4 are just not in time with today's living standards.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I think my all foam mattress is lovely. It can get warm, but I wake up with no body aches. I fell for a trick in the show room. I was told it had "cooling gel" and when we laid on it, it was cool. It was also under the a/c vent in the showroom. We bought it, but it is still warm and my husband still sweats. We bought a cover for it and sheets through the same store. They are lovely as well, and perhaps the cover is why we don't get any feeling of "cooling gel". It is still the best purchase, and interest free financing is lovely.

Original review: May 4, 2020

The store was closing which I knew walking in and the sales rep made no bones about it, even took time to explain why they were closing locations. He managed to talk me into a better bed that was on a huge discount instead of making me go cheap and return in two years. He gave me his new location as well if I had any questions and made sure when they took my old mattress, they took both. He wasn't looking for sales to beg to keep open, he was looking to get people into a good night's sleep.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I walked in with a rough idea of what I'd end up with but ended up with what I WANTED! I was amazed the sales representative knew I really wanted the mattress in the other aisle! Of course, it may have been she caught me side-eyeing my "dream mattress" lol. She walked over to her desk, making sure to walk by my WANT. When I realized, by catching a glimpse of the sales tag, I could afford it was a moment unlike any purchase before! I had my dream mattress delivered 1 day later at no charge.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I wish I had seen these reviews before purchasing from this company. We ordered a "brand new" king size Beautyrest mattress from the Mattress Firm website. I figured this a nationally known name, so it was safe. I hadn't researched enough and wish I had. The mattress arrived in unsealed plastic but we tried to brush that aside because we waited so long for it. There is noticeable sagging and after testing it out, we realized it was clearly not a brand new mattress. After one week we had them pick it up. We hadn't even slept on it overnight yet as we were still moving into our new house, but we did sit and lay down on it & one side feels like a slope, there is no way it is new.

After emails which we provided multiple photo evidence that they requested, they said there is no evidence of sagging. (There is clear evidence!!) They flatly deny whatever you will send them, or say to them, just to get out of fully refunding you. They did pick up the mattress and gave me a partial refund, but I am disputing this partial **. We are not returning it just because we don't like it, we are returning it because it's not a brand new mattress. If they want to sell a floor model or used mattress, they need to fully disclose that so the consumer can decide if that's what they want to purchase!

After the multiple emails with short scripted replies of denying any fault, they had a manager call me a few times, and then email me to say she called me. I replied to her that I will stick to communicating via email as I needed evidence of all my correspondence. The manager did not respond to that email. Currently disputing charges. It's so frustrating. Go anywhere but here & save yourself the headache!

Original review: April 5, 2021

So I buy a bed, but don't get the bed I order! So they claim to give me a upgrade that is more of a no grade at all! The bed is extreme hard, at this point the floor is way better off or a blow up bed! the bed I wake up with backaches and headaches! Hell my old bed would have been better than this piece of garbage! Just to exchange it they want 10% + $99 Processing Fee Plus Price Difference In That Mattress I want! HELL NO! YOU'RE Mess UP! Now The Bank Is Stepping In! Good Luck!

Original review: April 3, 2021

I wish I had bought my mattress in store, instead I thought it might be easier if I bought it online. It went downhill from there, the sales agent in their web chat picked the wrong mattress and charged my card (I had no idea at the time). Secondly, I needed a certificate of insurance in order to have the mattress delivered to my building and my old bed frame removed - had to put delivery on hold because of it. It was impossible to get them to send me one, they have no phone # to call and speak to an actual person once they take your money. I spent nearly a week desperate trying to get the COI and emailing their non-existent customer service and filling out request forms, then decided to call my local mattress firm store sales person and beg for help. Without his help I would have had no COI and no delivery.

Finally the day comes, they deliver the mattress and the delivery guys say they didn't have a request to remove the old bed frame on their delivery job, I nearly lost it, after telling them this was part of their gold service they finally took some of the frame (not all of it). I checked the mattress and the sales agent online had ordered the wrong mattress for us, a lower class/cheaper mattress and we got charged for their top one. I would never recommend this company to anyone, horrific online customer service and no one to call once they take your hard earned money.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Bought a new queen size bed with frame and it is ok. When I got home I noticed that the back of the receipt didn't have the warranty on the back. I went back to the store to get a copy, but the sales woman, Jenny ** said it was on the website and that the delivery people would give me a copy. I asked her to print out a copy for me, but she refused. She lied on both statements. The delivery people did not have any warranty and they stated they only deliver products. The delivery men gave me literature stating I would be contacted for a survey, but that has not happened. If I knew how I would be treated I would never buy anything from Mattress Firm, nor will I ever again or refer them to anybody.

Original review: March 25, 2021

After years of experiencing back problems, I finally contacted Mattress Firm to see if my bed was under warranty, short of going out and purchasing a new bed. The warranty for my Laura Ashley mattress was 10 years. Their warranty claims process was cumbersome. I realized that the bed was not even 5 years old and that I have been having back issues for the past 3 years!

After providing the original sales receipt, picture of the Law Label (yes, leave it attached), and all pictures as requested by their claims process, I received the inspection report. It revealed "the measurements met the manufacturer’s standards and are considered normal body impression(s)"...tell my aching back that! To add insult to this, they signed off with "It has been our pleasure assisting you with this matter." A pleasure? You would think that it would be a concern that any of their products would be faulty after only a short period of time. Do they expect me to continue sleeping on this bed?

Mattress Firm author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information