toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am happy with the services that Mattress Firm has provided for me. The sales associate was gentle, kind, and responsible. I would recommend this place to whomever is looking to buy mattresses and box springs.

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new bedding and look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Original review: June 23, 2016

Needed a new bed for our guest room. Went to Mattress Firm. Found one easily and it was ready when we went to get it. Looks and feels great. Awesome customer service!

I ordered my mattress from Mattressfirm.com. They have a 90-day financing option with 0% APR which is what I need since I live paycheck to paycheck. I was only approved for $550. I needed a king size mattress because of my height. The sales guy met my needs with my wants and got me into a bed that I enjoy. I was pleased with this service because it was easy to get approved, order the mattress have good customer service all while eating lunch in my office. And then less than a week later, receive my mattress on my front porch. It was literally effortless!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live near the Mattress Firm store and we just made our first purchase from them, two foam mattresses. The sales representative was fantastic. The way that they handle their business is professional and polite. Plus, they got us a good deal. They’re a great outfit. I recommended them to a neighbor who ended up purchasing two mattresses as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm had a mattress that I liked. The mattress is great and it's the best one for me and my wife. Everything went great with their sales rep except writing my address down incorrectly. The delivery driver had trouble getting to my house so they called me to ask what my physical address was and they were able to meet their window time. I’m going to try with them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm was having a sale so I went out and got a new mattress and some pillows from them. I had a very pleasant experience with the sales rep. She was very nice and I really liked her, and she advised me on what I would need. The delivery team brought my purchases in and set them up, so that was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in the market for a new bed because I moved out and my old bed was terrible. So I went online and was going to go with either Casper or Purple. I went back and forth trying to feel which one was better. While driving down the street, I realized that I will be buying a bed for $1,000 but I have no idea what it feels like. Then I looked up and to my left was Mattress Firm. So I went in and told the guy my price point and what my back is like and what I wanted to sleep on.

He was incredible. I was in there with him for an hour, and we just went back and forth. I chose the iDream and it got delivered on the same day I bought it. I was in the store at 2:00 and they were at the house before 7:00. The delivery crew was fantastic. They even took my old mattress away. In general, the bed has been great. It took me a little bit to get used to its firmness and how it gets to your body, but I love it. I highly recommended Mattress Firm.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Buying from Mattress Firm was convenient since they were just down the road from where I live. I got a box spring and a metal bed frame from them. The sales reps really knew their stuff and I had a very good experience with them. I told them what I wanted and they sent me to the right location. Then I showed up with a truck to pick up my orders and the salesman helped bring these out. The products I received were exactly what I expected. They were of good quality and I haven't had an issue with them. On the whole, Bath Fitter had good customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Mattress Firm store was right up the road from my house so I'm familiar with them. Their price was good which was what made me purchase from them. The salesperson was nice, and he was knowledgeable about their products and warranties. I bought the mattress and box spring, which were delivered on time the next day. Also, the delivery team was courteous. They set everything up and took the old mattress as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm was down the street which was why I bought from them. The sales rep was good and helpful. I've had no follow-up after the delivery but we've been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a mattress and Mattress Firm’s prices were low. It was my first time buying from them. I went in and they didn't have what I needed. The reps told me that they'd have more stock the next day but they didn't. So, the communication was rough and I was a little frustrated. It was fine, though, after I picked up the mattress.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales reps at Mattress Firm had a great personality. They were not pushy, they took their time and let me try the mattress out. They were very positive into negotiation in trying to find the one I want at a price that I want. I bought one mattress for my wife and me and another one for my daughter. However, we ended up being very unhappy with the mattress that I bought for my wife and me. It gave us extreme back problems so we went back to them. We had 120 nights to return the mattress and we literally went on the 120th day. The dude pulled up, he remembered us and told us he'd find us a different one. He made that the easiest transition ever. We've swapped off to another mattress which we've been on for about a month and a half and it has been working well. Overall, the sales rep was excellent and I appreciated his experience and time. I'd definitely deal with them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a mattress from Mattress Firm many years ago and we recently got a pillow top mattress from them as well. Their sales rep was very helpful, knowledgeable and patient with us while we made our decision, and their delivery team was awesome. Our experience with Mattress Firm was very easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm is close by and I purchased all my mattresses from them. I like their customer service. The young lady helped us when we went in and said that we had some issues with our mattresses, and she gave us a 1-800 number. Their customer service is usually how we like them to take care of their customers. And also, the products there are really good. We sleep better with the mattresses we got from them. The delivery process was great. They called on time and made sure that we knew when they were coming. They also sent an email after seeing that it was delivered and that everything went out fine.

Dear Louella,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case who reach out to you for further assistance

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Purchasing from Mattress Firm was crazy. We ordered the mattress online and we took screenshots while we were ordering because we didn't have anything. They didn't even email us of any transaction detail. Also, the mattress was going to be delivered that night but someone called an automated system saying that it will be delivered the next day. And when it was delivered, no one was here and the Mattress Firm reps went back with it.

So I called them, which took 30 minutes, and they gave me the number that they called. When I asked where they got that from, they said the number was from the online chat. But I have the screenshot of the online thing and the number we surely gave was my number and not any other number. In the end, we had to reorder the mattress because they said they had the wrong number. Then, when I asked if they could deliver the mattress that day, they said that everyone’s out already and it cannot be delivered again until the next day. So instead of getting it that day, we got it two days after.

The experience was so bad that we almost didn't go through with the purchase. However, Mattress Firm was the only company that's online, so we had to do it with them. But if I was going to choose again, I'll just go to the stores and not do it online. Mattress Firm’s reps also never apologized and were quite rude on the phone. It's not our fault that they had the wrong number to call and someone would have been at home if they called the right number.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a queen bed and a king box spring from Mattress Firm. The sales rep was very good and polite, and I picked up the items from their warehouse the next day since it was easier than having them delivered. Everything with my overall experience was great. Also, the bed is perfect and its support and quality are good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got some back issues, we've looked at several places, and then we decided to try Mattress Firm. Their reps were very helpful. I got the frame and the king-size bed with the lift but we returned it because I still couldn't sleep, plus the mattress was damaged. I picked it up without any problems but it had a tear in it when it was delivered. So, they picked it up and brought us another one, and it's been good. We now have a queen-size bed but it's not working for me yet and I still have not gotten to sleep in it. Nonetheless, it’s very soft and comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was recently affected by a fire on May the second of this year. The company, my renter's insurance, Safeco Insurance, decided to go through Mattress Firm. We got a twin mattress and box spring and a queen mattress and box spring. The mattresses are very comfortable. We've had it since mid-July. I still have a lot of anxiety going on from the fire, but when I do get sleep, it's just the best sleep in the world and my son gets better sleep than me. We have no complaints.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was shopping around and a Mattress Firm store popped up next to me. I went there and checked the mattresses. I wasn’t planning to buy anything that day, but the lady offered me good deals. She wasn’t pushy, she just made me interested with the deals. I bought a mattress and we had it delivered the same day. Like at the store, I also experienced good customer service from their delivery guys. I’m happy with my purchase with Mattress Firm and I recommend them. Now, I have the most comfortable mattress I ever had. It’s really good and my wife likes it too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the mattress, box spring, six pillows and a silk top like a cooling thing from Mattress Firm. They were all good. However, there was something they forgot to put on when I bought it there. They called me when I left and the guy said he was just going to do the charge and send the receipt with the one who will bring the mattress. I asked the guy who brought the mattress about the receipt and he told me that the other guy was going to mail it but I never got the receipt. But besides that, everything was perfect. The delivery team didn't take long and came right away. They did a good job and took the old stuff out. So, it was nice and clean. Since having the mattress, I sleep good at night.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought two mattresses from Mattress Firm. I had a big problem with the first one, a single box spring mattress with the frame for my grandson, because they told me they were going to deliver it and then they kept giving me the runaround two days before we got it. They told us it was going to be delivered on a Saturday. We waited, and waited, but they never came. Come to find out they delivered it to the store in Branford where they sold the mattresses from instead of bringing it to our house. I was pissed because we had moved everything out, and we were waiting for the mattress. That put my grandson out because he had no place to sleep because we needed the mattress. Also, it was like I was rushed by the sales rep. But they did what they had to do to make me satisfied.

We bought a king size mattress the second time since our full size bed wasn't big enough for us. We have two dogs and they also had to sleep on the bed. I was willing to give Mattress Firm the second chance after the first bad experience I had with them. I said I'm going to go with John and hopefully it will be good. I was hesitating to go back, but then I said, "Everybody should loosen up once in a while, so let's see what happens." I was going to cancel if they didn't deliver the mattress when they said the second time it was going to be delivered. But they were right on the ball on the second mattress. The service was excellent and everything was done perfectly. Whoever spent time and explained everything to us when we went and bought the mattress was good. He took his time and did the job right. It's good to buy from Mattress Firm because they corrected it when they messed up the first time. That shows me that they take pride in what they do.

Edna,

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. A specialist will be assigned to your case and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I was moving and needed a queen size mattress quick and since Mattress Firm was right around the corner from me, I went in. When I was there, there was a mattress at $199 and it wasn't good at all. There's another one for $300 and the sales rep said it's the one that most people buy and that it's a good mattress. I sat on it but it wasn't comfortable. The prop that they put on it was terrible. Then I paid $500 for a mattress that I thought would be comfortable. It is thick enough to fit on the platform bed which was perfect. The top worked out good, but the mattress is awful and I hate it.

I wish I didn't buy the mattress and I should have gone to Macy's. They had a huge sale and I would have gotten a better mattress. Other than that, everything else was all right. The sales rep that sold the mattress to me was very nice. He waived the charges because I live right around the corner for it to be delivered and the delivery was perfect. $500 for the mattress alone was a pretty good price. Overall, the employees are great but not their product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went into Sleep Train before they became Mattress Firm and it's the selection and the person I was working with that made me return. This time, we bought a mattress, a box spring, and an adjustable base with mattress. What we bought is not exactly a European king, but it comes with two box springs, and one of them came damaged. They replaced it, but when the second one was delivered, the delivery guy destroyed it. So we had to get a third one delivered and that was a headache of headaches. The delivery people were horrible.

The first time, it was actually damaged before they even brought it in but they didn’t see it. I told the delivery guys about it and they contacted the warehouse. I just needed to schedule an appointment. When the second guys made the delivery, they weren’t even looking and they just dropped it. One of the plastic guards was dented and the bottom of the mattress was torn. I got a feeling it was done while they were either carrying it or when they dropped it. But they just left and nobody said anything. When I came in, I thought it didn't look right. There were pieces sticking out, a piece that is dented, and a piece that's hanging.

I called and spoke to manager Mike at a different store because I couldn’t get a hold of my salesperson. She was being moved around and she was on vacation. A rescheduling was done but the wind was blowing, plus it was getting late and we had to leave. They usually arrive towards the beginning of the time frame and the guy called me up and said he was at the door. It was a Friday and I wasn't far. I asked him if he could wait 20 minutes and he said no. I told him that was okay, "Take your mattress and goodbye." Then I had to call again to reschedule yet again.

The last guys who came in and delivered were very attentive. They knew what was going on originally with all the damage. So they came in, opened it up, looked it over and made sure everything was the way it was supposed to be. There was no hole or tear. Then they carefully put it in so I appreciated that. Before that it was like, "Here's your stuff. Let's move on."

The interaction with the delivery company was horrible, but with the store post the sale was decent. The manager at the store was the one point man in this whole thing. In fact, he wanted me to contact him. If anything went wrong I'll just give him a call, which I did. He got on the phone, verified and set up appointments. He gave me callbacks very promptly when I couldn’t get a hold of him for a couple days. But, overall, this was the first time when I've had a fiasco like this with Mattress Firm. Plus other than damage, the quality of the products is good so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a queen size mattress, box spring, and a bed frame from Mattress Firm when a friend of mine brought me there. The sales rep was very nice and then we shipped it home and my husband set it up. The product was comfortable and I'm satisfied. I'd recommend Mattress Firm to my friends or anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm was right next door from where we purchased our bed so we purchased a box spring and mattress from them. Their sales reps were good and we didn’t feel they were too pushy. We picked the box spring right there at the store, but the mattress they have is closer to our home in Sherman, Texas so picked it up there. Overall, we had a really good experience with Mattress Firm and we had absolutely no issues picking up our purchase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would recommend Mattress Firm. I had good service from them and their prices seem fair. I liked my salesman. He was very professional and he did a good job. He uses the product too, so he made recommendations. I ended up getting two sets of mattresses. One was a Tempur-Pedic. I had a very good experience with the delivery, however, the Tempur-Pedic that came was a floor sample and it had a stain on it. But that problem was handled and the mattress got exchanged.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been happy with Mattress Firm. I purchased a king and a queen mattress from them. The manager was very easy to work with and was very friendly. I didn’t know exactly what I was looking for, so he steered me in the right direction and helped me figure out what I needed. The delivery team brought one of the wrong box springs the first time, but they took care of it and brought the right one out the next week. Everything was as I expected as it should be. I'm satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm has great people and product. My wife bought from them before, and this time, my father-in-law purchased a mattress. I went to their store and the service was amazing. The rep was very helpful too. The mattress was delivered to us within the time frame that we talked about. The delivery guys were in and out, and they took the old mattress, so that was pretty good. The mattress we got is good as well. Everything went great.

Dear Daniel,

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Mattress Firm was close to my house and their advertising always seems cool. I purchased a mattress from them. Their sales representatives were polite and very nice. But I ended up returning the product and doing a dispute with my credit card company because they sold me a mattress that's supposed to be in stock. And it turns out they didn't have it in stock. I also had to call multiple times to get any updates because they didn't even bother calling me.

I waited close to 25 days. They told me they can get me a different mattress because the other one ran out. And then whenever they get the other one back in stock, we can swap it out. It sounds good but when I checked it out, the mattress was definitely not what I originally wanted. I showed back in two weeks and another guy there told me that they really don't know when they're going to have it back in stock. So I got upset because I thought they were just giving me the run-around so they can get their sale. I even showed up with the mattress but they told me they couldn't take possession of it and that somebody from the warehouse had to pick it up.

So they picked up and then I got mad when they tried to charge me a stocking fee after everything I went through. I spent almost $600 on something and then they want to charge me to take it back and it wasn't even what I wanted. And on top of that, they kept giving me the run-around on what I originally wanted. They told me they were going to give me a partial refund. I'm losing like $100 because of it so I started a dispute with my credit card company. It was a disappointing experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a really good experience with Mattress Firm. I got a queen mattress and it was my second purchase from them. They’re just nearby and their rep was really welcoming, attentive and knowledgeable. And the delivery was really prompt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for mattresses and I had to go and buy them over at Mattress Firm in Vancouver. They were twin size, extra-long Beautyrest mattresses. The sales rep was a nice guy and he listened to my needs. He didn't seem pushy and he gave me a lot of information. However, we're having trouble with one of the mattresses. My wife's is a medium and she's heavy set and it seems like the mattress is breaking down. I went back to the sales rep to talk to him, and he said, "try it for a month and then let me know".

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live in New York City and we have a place in Telluride, Colorado, where it seemed like Mattress Firm was the best place to go. The sales rep was a great guy. He was very friendly and helpful, not pushy but very knowledgeable and professional. I got a king size mattress and box spring, and it's an improvement that's given a more comfortable sleep. The only problem was they delivered the wrong box spring, so we had to wait a few days for them to come back and fix it. It was a bit of an inconvenience but it was well managed and we were able to use the mattress with the wrong box while we were waiting. They didn't get offensive, they just said, "You're right. This is wrong, we'll fix it." It took them a little while because of the long trip for them to drive to drop off the box spring 'cause we're in Telluride, but they did fine. That was an example where they could have screwed things up and they fixed it. It was a comfortable experience.

Dear Eric,

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I went into the Mattress Firm located in Edwardsville (Gateway Shopping Center) two times this past week. I had a lovely experience with an associate named Lisa **. She was extremely knowledgeable about what my family and I needed to satisfy our sleeping comfort. Very kind and caring. However, my encounter with the manager Eric ** was absolutely horrendous. The moment we walked in the door, he was taking a personal call on his cellphone with his feet up on the desk like we were coming into his home. All he did was glance up at us and rolled his eyes as we walked into the store. Keep in mind we never met this man formerly. We were testing out different mattresses without any assistance for a good 15 minutes before another gentleman named Alan ** came over to help us. This man was very pleasant, and was clearly stressed out by the so-called "manager" ordering him around like he was his slave.

After a few words, the manager (Eric) finally decided to end his personal call and approach my family and I with a HUGE attitude. Our entire experience with him was cringe worthy to say the least. This man had a cold and was coughing and sneezing on every piece of object in front of him. I have never even seen a child partake in behavior such as this, and being a representative of one of the Mattress Firm chains is even worse. The other two associates, Lisa and Alan, were clearly disgusted by his behavior as well, since they offered to sanitize everything this man was touching before we continued our conversation. We finally paid for our delivery of our Serta Comfort Plush mattress, along with paying for our pillows and a few other commodities that the sales associate Lisa sold to us to pick up at a later date.

Fast forward a few days later, I received a phone call by the associate named "Lisa" that our pillows were available for pickup at the store. We decided to change our schedule last minute so we could pick up our pillows. We walk into the store, and Lisa greeted us and provided us with an incredible experience, just like any representative of a major company should be partaking in. She had our pillows waiting to be picked up on the floor, but she showed us a few more mattresses that my son would have potentially enjoyed, while also offering us a special covering that our mattress would be lovely to have for our future experience. As Lisa sat at the desk to begin our check out process, I noticed she began to get a bit frustrated because the manager Eric ** was incorrectly marking all of the products she was trying to enter into the system. If this man is actually a manager, he should be fired completely in my opinion.

Not only was he blatantly rude in his behavior and clearly does not care about his job; he was also unsanitary and disgusting to say the least. Not only did the manager mismark the codes on many of the products Lisa was attempting to sell to me, Eric also mismarked my order a few days prior and scheduled my $300.00 pillows that were sitting on the floor of the store to be delivered with my mattress without my consent. In my honest opinion, this manager named Eric should be reprimanded and fired from his position. Lisa ** or any other associate in this store would have been an excellent candidate for this man’s position.

Mattress Firm Company Profile