3.66/5
Based on 1,499 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a good mattress?

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

Need a good mattress?

2643 Mattress Firm Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

When we moved last year from Hawaii to Washington State, there happened to be a Mattress Firm right down the street. It seemed like a solid company, so we went in and bought one of their mattresses after we tested it. We bought a queen one to go on our guest room. Then we replaced our other queen bed and we got a king. My husband and I needed to move across the country for a short period of time in Maryland and we needed a new bed because we set up a new household there. So we bought a queen. Then, my father in-law came to visit, so we needed another bed for our guest room and we bought another queen.

The sales rep listened and answered our questions. They didn’t seem pushy or trying to sell one over another. They asked for the reason and purpose for the bed and fit us to that. Our two guest room mattresses were for people that are a lot older. So it was important to make sure that the mattresses were good for people who are elderly. We have had the standard type of bed for a lot of years, so we went in and asked for one. All the beds that we purchased have all been very similar except for the king which was a little bit different.

Our place in Maryland is in a town called Aberdeen and there’s a very small military base. It was very specific being able to get inside the base. When they delivered, their driver had all their paperwork in order, made sure that everybody that was coming through the base had their IDs and paperwork ready. Mattress Firm had all their stuff together and we were able to have two experiences in one day. One was durable and the other one was very nice. I like that there is an actual warranty, although you can bring it home and try it out in an extensive amount of time. If you don’t like it, you can always bring it back and figure out another one that you like and they would re-deliver. For a mattress, that’s pretty cool, but then you couldn’t tell if it was a brand new bed because it has already been used and brought back. I’ve talked to people about Mattress Firm and recommended them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I cannot thank ** at the 5201 S. Tamiami Trail store in Sarasota, Florida, enough for what he did for my mother and me. We moved here and our belongings were delayed, so we needed to buy beds unexpectedly and ** was a Godsend. Everything he represented to us about what he sold to us has proven to be true and we are so thankful. We knew what we had prior to our move and we loved our mattresses, so we knew what we wanted and ** knew how to guide us. He was knowledgeable and accommodating.

Lately, I've been feeling like I get less respect as a female consumer, but I did NOT feel that way AT ALL with **. He was so respectful to my mother and me and he was kind in listening and understanding our needs in a mattress. Additionally, he helped us get everything quicker given we had nothing to sleep on. My mother has been a Registered Nurse for 42 years and I wanted her to be able to rest her hardworking bones on a good mattress, so ** efforts were more appreciated than I can express in words.

** also steered us toward an adjustable base when we walked in intending to buy box springs. He was not pushy about it, which we appreciated, but he educated us about the bases given we did not know about them. **, knowing that we did not expect to have to spend money on beds, also told us that Mattress Firm was offering those bases for free. Thank God he did because my mom's back went out a few days ago and that adjustable base was a HUGE help in getting her on her feet and on the road to feeling better!

** clearly understands how to provide excellent customer service in a time when I often do not feel that way as a consumer, so I am extremely grateful that ** was working the night we found ourselves at your store. We took so much time that we ended up in the store after closing and we rushed ourselves out toward the end because ** never once made us feel rushed or like a bother. He just helped us because I think, based on everything he did for us, he's a good man. We called ** to ask him a question a few days after our purchase and he was just as nice as he had been in the store and he seemed happy to speak to us and help answer our question!

This was our first experience with Mattress Firm, but we'll be back and recommend you to everyone we know who's in the market for a bed! I cannot thank you and ** enough. Please reward him for not just a job well done, but for those little something extras that make customers feel valued and happy with their purchases. You are very lucky to have ** representing your company.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had a bad experience with Mattress One, and Mattress Firm was the other company that was close to where I lived. I purchased from Mattress Firm for the first time and got the Beautyrest Memory Foam Mattress. Everyone at the store went above and beyond to assist me. In terms of delivery, it could have been a little bit better. There were two delivery guys. One delivery guy had covered his shoes and he wore gloves, but the other guy didn’t. I also asked them to leave the plastic on so that I could take it off ‘cause I saw the other guy didn't wear gloves. But when I came back after going in the kitchen to get some water, they took the plastic off in the hallway and dragged it on the floor until they got into my room.

It’s a brand-new mattress and I don’t want people touching all over it. It was my third mattress delivery from Mattress Firm because the other two were defective. The first two were clearance mattresses. When the first one came in, all the Memory Foam was on one side and it was lumpy. The second one that they brought out to replace it was flat so when they turned it on its side to bring it into the house, I could see the foam was sliding to one side. The delivery guys opened up the mattress and tried to adjust the foam. I told them that there was no need to do that because they weren’t wearing gloves. They had been in the heat and were sweating so that was germs and sweat all over the mattress.

At that point, I said that it was not working out with the clearance item and I just need to get a brand-new one. It was the same brand but a different model and it seems to be fine for now. In addition, other Mattress competitors provide either a free mattress protector or a pillow with it. I got a free mattress protector, but it was a basic one and I also had to ask for it. I asked for the five-sided mattress protector and I am going back later this week 'cause I was told that it was $60 more so I just have to exchange and pay the difference. But I paid a little over $4000 for the mattress and dealt with three different deliveries and I don’t really see what the big deal would be to just throw in the mattress protector, even if it is $60 more. But overall, everyone at the Mattress Firm store was very helpful and friendly.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The Mattress Firm salesman was extremely nice and helpful. And so we decided to go ahead and make the purchase from him. We got the Beautyrest mattress and then, that came with the free platform thing that moves the head up and down. And then, we ended up getting a mattress protector, the little like sheet thing that goes over it, and we got two of the Impulse pillows and sheets. He wasn’t pushy, too. And he let us have lots of time to discuss things among ourselves but right when we came in, he had us try these three different mattress styles and then explained how the rest of them are color-coordinated to the soft, the hard, or the medium. And then, he was able to answer all the different questions about the different brands as well as the different pillow padding and the difference in those. He’s extremely knowledgeable about the products. He got us for a lot that day. And I spent a lot of money, but I don’t feel I was sold things I don’t need.

The delivery was extremely surprising. We had bought the items on a Saturday and they delivered them on Monday. And they came within the time that they called and gave us a two-hour window. It was an automated message and then, I got another automated message telling me that they were 15 minutes away and then, they came right within that window. They brought our purchase in and they had a little red net and they also had little booties. And I told them they didn’t have to keep wearing the booties to bring it up because I was worried they would slip on the stairs because we have wood stairs. But they brought it in, set it all up and they plugged it in and made sure the little rising platform thing works and showed me how to work it. They were really fast and really nice. It was overall a really great experience.

My only concern was the sheets but the salesman explained that the sheets will be longer when they'll come. The tracking mechanism was only for the mattress, and there wasn’t a way to track when the sheets would come. I would have liked to have a way to track the sheet part of it. Other than that, I’m recommending Mattress Firm to people.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Mattress Firm is the best place to buy good quality mattresses and if I'm gonna buy one, I don’t think I’m going anywhere else. In fact, I have purchased from them five times within the past year. They've always given me exceptional customer service and good quality stuff. I also like their mattresses and they have good quality box springs. They gave me discounts, too, because I was a repeat customer.

But for my most recent purchase, I was extremely disappointed to the point where I felt like calling my bank, quitting the transaction, and getting my money back. My delivery was completely wrong and they had to come and replace the items. I ordered soft mattresses, but I got medium ones. And I got some box spring for a bed that already had a Bunkie board, so I didn’t need the box spring.

I went in and bought something else even after they made a mistake and I talked to Regina about the issue. She told me not to worry and that they'd take care of it for me. She also said they could swap out the box spring for something else or I could return it. I said that I’d talk to my husband then I'd let them know. I called the store the next day and talked to Rue, then Rue was the one that handled it instead of Regina. Rue said that she was sorry but they had to charge me for swapping out the mattresses that they sent that were the wrong type and for picking up the box spring that I no longer needed. Interestingly, when they shipped the items to me, they only charged me half price for delivery because I was a repeat customer. But when they had to take them back, they charged me full price for delivery. My total was two something and the refund was 129. So, that sounded more like $80 instead of $40.

I asked Rue if she was serious that they were gonna charge me for a mistake that their guys made but she said that there was nothing she could do and that I had to call customer service. So, I got charged a delivery fee for the second time. Then, one of the replacement mattresses that they brought was still the wrong type. It was still medium, so I'm gonna take it back.

The mattresses I bought were normally 750 and they were on sale weeks prior. They honored the sale for me because I knew they had been on sale prior. And if they were able to do that, I was wondering how come Rue couldn’t waive the delivery fee for coming and picking up the items. If I were to call customer service and they wouldn’t give me a refund on the delivery fee, that would be disappointing. Still, I like Mattress Firm's line of Tulo Soft Mattresses and that’s why I go back to them. They’re really comfortable, although they’re not the cheapest mattresses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: June 18, 2019

Bought a mattress and foundation from Mattress Firm on 6/1/2019. Still no delivery. I have called three times, written multiple reviews and still cannot get them to arrange delivery. My order was not inexpensive, I paid for a high quality bed and adjustable frame (not the free frame) so one would think the company would want to provide exceptional customer service. I gave them the best delivery dates for me but also said I could be flexible. Still feeling brushed off. Am considering cancelling the order and purchasing elsewhere. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Do no buy any clearance or discounted mattress from Mattress Firm. I bought my Simmons Beautyrest on clearance and it is failing with no support for the mattress or Mattress Firm. Because they are clearance they won’t back their own product. They denied my warranty claim on a product that’s supposed to have a 20 year warranty and only lasted 4 years. Mattress Firm should still back the structural integrity of their clearance or as is models, it’s not like I’m saying it has a stain or a tear. Especially when the salesman still told us that any of their mattresses that sag over 1.5” are covered. This is deceptive behavior by Mattress Firm and their employees.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Called from Florida, ordered 4 mattresses on 5/27/2019 and advised to deliver on 6/10/2019 to Suwanee, GA because we do not have new apartment keys till then. Received an email with order and deliver date as advised. Next day received email that order has shipped. Called back to fix the stupidity. Lady got FedEx online and they confirmed that they attempted delivery. Mattress Firm rep advised FedEx to ship back to sender and resend on 6/8/2019. The rep confirmed it will do so. Today no mattresses. Called back and were advised that king size was delivered on 6/06/2019. Advised that is not possible since we were still in FL and did not get the keys till today. Was on phone with them for 1h 27min to be told that they will resend it but it will take 7-10 days. At 8pm was told that manager will call me back. It is now 11pm. Now I am forced to sleep on the floor with 3 kids or go to the hotel. NEVER EVER ORDER FROM THEM!

Original review: June 2, 2019

1, I bought a fairly expensive mattress and bed frame since the other mattress warranty was voided because I did not have the correct frame. That mattress sagged in the middle.. 2, Bought what I thought was a good mattress in 2015. It started buckling on the side. I go back to Mattress Firm they tell me they no longer sell this product because of the problems with the manufacturer and don’t talk about what they can do to help us. I feel this company is a complete rip-off. I will never go to another Mattress Firm.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Updated on 06/03/2019: After getting the run around and being promised a mattress that wasn't in stock I got an email and a call from Angie at customer relations with Mattress Firm - Angie worked diligently after the debacle to get a comparable mattress delivered in a short turn around with red carpet service (that wasn't previously offered)! Just like that I can let bygones be bygones and look to a more honest and productive buying experience with mattress firm next time! #squeakywheel

Original: On May 25th I ordered a mattress and adjustable base through Mattress Firm. Amazingly the base arrived on Memorial Day with the understanding that the mattress will take 5-8 business days (once shipped). When I made the purchase it didn't alert me to low stock or a backorder situation. I checked my account for a tracking number a couple days after the base arrived with no results. I started the process of trying to connect via chat and phone - hours of wait on both got me nowhere. The first time I talked to a young man (cs) he told me that there wasn't any info yet (5 days after purchase). I called the next day - same man called me back to say it was in the process of being shipped/label printed and it would be here by Wednesday. AWESOME (better late than never)!

The next morning I checked my account for the tracking number and it didn't exist. When I called back a young lady told me they hadn't produced a shopping label & she had no idea when it would be shipped since it now wasn't in stock! WHAT. Now it's unavailable & on backorder with the window now being weeks to a month! You sold me an item that wasn't in stock without saying so. Your CS lied to preserve the false advertisement and now they won't let me post a review on their site of this debacle! If you're in Houston go see Mack at Gallery Furniture - not Mattress Firm. They just don't care. It's their corporate raider model!

Original review: May 29, 2019

After finding out from the doctor that my ongoing back issues may be from the mattress I purchased months ago I went back to the store to talk to a salesman about my purchase. I told this salesman that I had recently purchased a mattress that may be causing a lots of pain and discomfort with my back according to my doctor? I also told this salesman that when I purchased my mattress I told the salesman at that time I needed a firm mattress since there is a history of back problems. He suggested the Dream Bed Lux for a memory foam option. I told him I wanted the firmest of these he said that the 7 series was there firmest line.

Yesterday when I was discussing my issues with the salesman at my local store and told him I had the firmest Dream Bed Lux 7 series he told me that was the softest mattress they make! I have thought for months now that the bed seemed soft! No wonder since this ill informed salesman sold me the wrong series!! I'm really pissed and will take this to the BBB and all websites to express my dissatisfaction with this large purchase mishap! Angry! Tom **

Original review: May 29, 2019

Wanted a firm mattress. Was sold a plus firm, not knowing that it is not a full firm (because the industry seems to have shifted since the last time I purchased a new mattress and who knew?). 5 weeks in, the mattress began sagging/losing support. Called store, asked that it be taken back, requested no fee for "re-stocking" charge (because, what are they restocking). One rep (nice person) wanted to get it picked up the next day. That would not work for me. I went to the store towards the end of the week (last week - pre Memorial Day). I declined to purchase a different mattress. Requested to speak with her area manager three times (and this wasn't the first time). She called me later that evening and accused me of having a "bad base." Still would not give me information about how to contact her area manager.

Next day, I called the Houston, TX corporate office, got a rep who got the area manager to call me (5/24) and I had to relay the entire saga before that happened. Long story short, he worked it out to have the mattress picked up today (5/29) (as is stated on the paper-work I walked out of the store with, last week) with a full refund, when he called me yesterday (5/28) to confirm. He assured me I'd get a call with a 2-hour pick-up time-frame window. Did not receive a call, could not start my work-day (and attend to additional important business this morning) because I had to again (AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN) call corporate, find a live person (for new sales, press....) who got me to another live person who told me that the store scheduled the pick-up of my mattress for FRIDAY who then got me to another person who is due to reach out to the area manager (as if I trust that this will be her priority).

So yes, I am back on the phone (on hold) again, to get this resolved and gratefully, got the same person I spoke with initially on Friday (not three times) to get this taken care of. As it turns out, there was a tragedy at the warehouse. I was not notified, had to spend way too much time to find out, and now I have neighbors involved to get this out of my small home. The company is so compartmentalized and while store reps are "in the know" about what is taking place, to really get the assistance you need (seemingly at this store/that "manager") one must go "up the ladder" to get results. Way too much time, way too much aggravation and .... go someplace else for your new mattress, because their system is their system is their system and .... too much time, too much aggravation.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Six months back I had the opportunity to visit the Mattress Firm in Cottman Ave Philadelphia with my wife. I was a satisfied customer with Raymour and Flanigan for last 12 years. As we were shopping around for a mattress we told the salesman that the difficulties we are facing and we are looking to buy a new mattress. We currently had king size bed and the salesmen lured us to buy a queen size bed mentioning to us that we have a 120 day return policy not mentioning anything what is hidden behind those returns.

We tried and tried the mattress but instead of getting better the rest became horrible. Then I thought I would return it but they gave me so much hard time to return it and then we started to look for another mattress - a king size - and I started working with the store manager thinking he will provide me with a bed which would be comfortable but unfortunately this time also disappointment only came. I spent around 4K to get comfortable rest in the night but it's all gone in vain. I am stuck with this mattress. Anyone who is going to buy a mattress from this company should use DUE DILIGENCE because they promise so many things but they don't DELIVER. A very DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I ordered a mattress, box spring, and bed frame. Received the mattress and box spring within the week. Never got a delivery email on the bed frame. Called a week later and was told I would receive an email when it ships, could take a week. No email - used the online chat and was told the same thing... Nothing. Received an email saying it was out of stock and would be for 2 months. This was 2 weeks in. In the same day I received an email saying it was back in stock. I called to see what was going on and was reassured it was back in stock and to wait for my delivery email. A week later I received another out of stock email. Called and asked for a different bed frame instead. Waited another week and instead of getting a delivery email I got another out of stock email. This is when I gave up... Hopefully I will receive my refund, but the odds are against me.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Caveat emptor!! I ordered a Homelegance Harley bed set from Mattress Firm in April 2019. It is now the middle of May and it has still not arrived. I tried talking to the original salesman, who is nearly impossible to reach. Finally I reached another salesman who contacted him, but he will not speak directly to me. This second salesman told me what he thinks I want to hear, not the reality. Now I go on the Mattress Firm website and the Harley bed set is no longer listed. Apparently it is now unavailable. Does that mean temporarily out of stock? I still cannot reach the salesman. Beware! You have been warned.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Let me preface this with one person sleeps on this queen bed. I bought it in 2017. I initially had a good experience at the store. I was on a budget and needed a ultra firm mattress, so for approximately 500.00 I was able to get an old school mattress that seemed firm enough. The sales lady was nice enough to include the boxspring.

In 2018, my bed made squeaking sounds every time I sat on it. I turned the mattress which didn’t help. I then looked at the box spring. It was made of cardboard and had caved around the thin wooden slats. So I brought in my hurricane pieces of wood and put the mattress back and it was quiet. So I figured I could live with this. The the wood would shift and it would squeak again. I called mattress firm and asked why the box spring was cardboard, she said something about that particular box spring was a basic model and usually is free with mattresses. She said if I wanted a non-cardboard box spring it would cost 150.00. I now have to rotate the mattress weekly because it has soft spots. I’m still adjusting the wood regularly. Lesson learned. Hope this helps! Thanks.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I wish I took the the time to check it out before the delivery guys left. I paid 400.00 for a NEW mattress. What I got was a broken USED mattress. It's worse than my old one that they took away!! I will never make that mistake again!!

Original review: April 25, 2019

In 2017 purchased 2 mattresses and 2 adjustable frames. Was told that there was a 10 ten year warranty on both items. One of the lp100 is stuck in the up position and cannot go into programming mode. Told by both Mattress Firm and Leggett and Platt that there is only a 1-year warranty on the adjustable frame and that I would have to use a third party to come and service the unit. I will never recommend either company.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I purchased the Sealy Relax Pillowtop mattress, box spring and frame from Mattress Firm last July. When the product was delivered the pillowtop did not reach both sides of the mattress. I had just moved and have three kids so super busy so I thought I would give it a try. The mattress seemed comfortable at first but the pillowtop has been bunching up in areas making the mattress very uncomfortable.

I went through the numerous steps and uploaded a bunch of pictures as they require and they are not covering it saying it's normal wear and tear. I haven't even had the bed 9 months. My past 2 beds were pillowtop and they lasted for years but they think 9 months is ok. Horrible experience, will never purchase from them again. Beware if you buy from them and don't expect any type of warranty on your expensive purchase as beds are not cheap.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased a queen mattress/box spring on 3/22/19. The salesman "threw in" 2 pillows which were $100 each. He also "threw in" the $100 frame. I was assured that if I wasn't happy with the purchase in 30 days that I could return it. I was made aware of a restocking fee and a pickup fee. What I wasn't told was that they expect me to pay for those FREE items. They said that I am not keeping with my side of the deal. They will NOT let me return the frame, I have to pay for it and the 2 pillows. The salesman NEVER mentioned this at all. So I will be paying approx. $650.00 for 30 days on their mattress. I'm returning it because it's making my shoulders hurt. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: April 6, 2019

Upfront I will admit that we have had two horrible mattress experiences, one with Jerome's in El Cajon, CA and the other with Mattress Firm in La Mesa, CA. On both occasions my wife and I STRESSED that we DID NOT want a mattress that would leave us with valleys to sleep in and both times that is exactly what we got. We are both in our 70s and deserve a good night's sleep. Jerome ** guaranteed that the Mattress Firm mattress would be great. NOT! Of course it was great for the first five or six months but after that - junk! We are seriously considering making signs "We Hate Our Mattress" and walking the sidewalk in front of the store.

Original review: April 1, 2019

The staff is excellent, Laural & Bill in the Hammond Store went out of their way to find the perfect mattress I purchased there last year for my daughter only to find it was discontinued... Bill sold me one close to it but was disappointed so I canceled the sale out since I wouldn't be able to get the Clairmont that I loved. They worked with me effortlessly & was extremely patient with me.... especially Laural. I was sorry that we could not find that perfect mattress but they went above & beyond to please me.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Purchased a Jennings Hybrid Plush at MATTRESS FIRM August 2018. In January of 2019 this mattress sags on both sides. Called Mattress Firm. Said I could take 12 pictures and claim a warranty or they would send an inspector out for $79.99. Sent in Pics. Received an Email stating they did not cover FLOOR MODELS! Paid $129 for 5 year warranty but did not apply. Mattress Firm gave me a number to call in Florida. Third party inspector said the mattress should be replaced. Received Email stating it came within 1/4 inch of being under warranty. Mattress Firm went CHAPTER 11 and closed 200 stores due to shoddy business OCTOBER 5 2018! LOOK IT UP ON GOOGLE FOR YOURSELF!!!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I placed an order through Mattress Firm's chat service on March 15th. I was receiving bits and pieces of my order but missing the bulk of my order. Being a patient person, I allowed plenty of time (nearly 2 weeks) to pass before contacting Mattress Firm about the missing items. They asked me to allow 48 hours for them to get a response from their vendor, (Classic Brands). So two days later, a representative told me that my items were not in stock and my order was canceled. She also said someone was supposed to contact me about this but that didn't happen. Now I have to wait 7 more days for them to refund the account. This is such a disappointment. Now I'm left with bed rails and no mattresses.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We went to Mattress Firm here in Great Falls, Montana to buy a new Tempur-Pedic mattress for our master bedroom. There are several mattress stores here in town but what sold us was the “120 night sleep trial” and then when we got there the salesman Zachary told us that they have a 365 day happiness guarantee so we thought even better. We were looking to purchase the Tempur-Pedic Cloud-Luxe which is a very expensive mattress but they didn’t have it. We were told by the salesperson that the Tempur-LuxeAdapt was the new version of Cloud-Luxe. This couldn’t be farther from truth, there is nothing LUXE about this bed.

We were NEVER told that the 365 day happiness guarantee was in fact an exchange ONLY policy and that they do NOT give any refunds. Our salesman Zachary was new to the job but he had another salesman Wes there training him and NEITHER one of them told us we couldn’t return it if we were not happy. So what happens when you buy the most expensive mattress that they offer? Well you downgrade and lose the difference or you keep what you bought that you are not happy with, guess there really is no happiness guarantee in this case. So make sure when you walk out of Mattress Firm with a purchase you know what ALL the conditions are. So we threw 4400.00 out the window, and now will have to buy something else from someone else. We will not buy from Mattress Firm again. The convenience doesn’t outweigh the so called guarantee.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have bought three separate mattresses from Mattress Firm (formerly Sleepy's)... I admit that it's convenient and if you negotiate hard you can get a good price I (never accept their first offer). But I have been disappointed three times in a row... the last time today. I ordered a new box-spring and on the phone said my building required an insurance certificate. The woman said no problem. I sent her via email all of the information well in advance and she said she would take care of it. Needless to say when the delivery came it turned out that they had never ordered the insurance certificate...and I was fined by my building.

When I called the 800 number, the only way that you can get a live person is by saying you want to place a new order. They took no responsibility for their mistake and basically it was "oops". I am going to return the product because they don't deserve my business. I will probably end up paying a bit more but hopefully the customer service will be better some other place.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Mattress Firm in North Bergen, N.J. was very helpful and understanding of our needs. Mr. Thomas ** is a knowledgeable excellent salesman, he help us with every question and concerns we had. We will keep this company for any future purchases and will also recommend it to family and friends. To Mr. ** thank you so much for all your help, excellent customer service!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

When we first purchased our mattress and box spring, it was from Sleepy's and they were bought out by Mattress Firm. We paid a lot of money on this set, close to $2000 at that time, and we found out it was under warranty. So we had to go to Mattress Firm to get our replacement. What we purchased in replacement was a foam mattress because the sales guy told us it was better than springs. Well here we are 2 years later filing another claim for a sagging mattress and a extremely noisy box spring. Literally 2 months back and forth with claims via email, more pictures, more angles, box spring has to be on the floor, please take a video, need a better video. OMGOSH! Seriously?

I had to finally call them after they "approved" me for an exchange for 80.00. What? Once I got someone on the phone after hitting a gazillion prompts to connect to a HUMAN I was told by a very heavily accented woman named "Amanda" that the mattress has to have a sag of 1.5" before they will approve that and that I got approved for the box spring replacement. First of all, do you know how deep 1.5 inches is? My pictures proved that is was, but they said on their end it was not. Whatever, I am so done with Mattress Firm, there is a reason they went bankrupt! The first thing they write on their letterhead is Customer Satisfaction and product quality are top priority at Mattress Firm. As with other reviews, this is a bunch of bologna!

Original review: March 11, 2019

Mattress Firm has terrible customer service and does not stand behind their products! I purchased a mattress/box spring set paying $1800 in 2018 in North Carolina. Just one year later the mattress sags on both sides and at the corners. The sag marks are clearly visible and create terrible backaches. The box spring is also clearly defective with one corner totally void of and support structure.

I went to the local Mattress Firm store but was given the runaround and told to file a claim online with the manufacturer. What a nightmare that was getting all the required photos and specifications before even submitting the claim. My mattress claim was denied, but the box springs was deemed defective. I was told it would be replaced but I would have to pay for removal of the old box springs and delivery of the new one! I already paid one delivery charge so in essence, I am stuck with a bad mattress and the box springs will cost me $158 when it was supposed to be replaced for free. I'm not spending another dime for shoddy products and terrible customer service. Run don't walk away from this company!

Original review: March 8, 2019

6 months after getting our Mattress Firm bed the two front legs blew right off digging into our 8 month old floors. I called Mattress Firm. They referred me to Leggett and Platt who warranties the bed frame. Repairman came and replaced the legs and noticed the two legs that did not break were very loose as if they had never been tightened properly. I was told to call Leggett and Platt about my floor damage after the warranty repair. Leggett and Platt told me that Mattress Firm is responsible as they sold me the bed and also delivered and installed it.

Called Mattress Firm back and was asked to send pictures of the damage which I did. 2 large punctures and a 6 inch very deep scratch. 3 days later they called back and offered me a bed accessory to make up for the damage to my floor!!! A TV remote holder for massive damage to my new floors. I don’t even feel comfortable having this 5k dollar bed on the floors now as it will break again and ruin the floors again after I repair the damage already caused by bad design and bad install. Taking them to court is my only option now.

Mattress Firm expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Founded in 1986, the retailer Mattress Firm is committed to providing sleep solutions that will help their customers live healthier and sleep better. Consumers can shop Mattress Firm online or at one of their 2000 locations across the United States.

• Selection: Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses, so consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of their showrooms.

• Special financing available: Financing offers are always available, and they can include zero percent APR for up to five years for qualifying consumers. Check with your local Mattress Firm to find out what financing options and specials they currently have.

• 90-day payment option with no credit required: Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Adjustable beds: In addition to selling mattresses from top brands, Mattress Firm also sells adjustable beds with additional features like massage and wireless control.

• Commercial sales: Mattress Firm can assist you with your commercial sales, whether you’re a school, hospital, government agency, interior decorator, hotel operator or other business that needs to buy mattresses in bulk.

• Best for: Mattress Firm is best for commercial sales and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information