2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.99/5

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

Mattress Firm Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: May 5, 2020

I think my all foam mattress is lovely. It can get warm, but I wake up with no body aches. I fell for a trick in the show room. I was told it had "cooling gel" and when we laid on it, it was cool. It was also under the a/c vent in the showroom. We bought it, but it is still warm and my husband still sweats. We bought a cover for it and sheets through the same store. They are lovely as well, and perhaps the cover is why we don't get any feeling of "cooling gel". It is still the best purchase, and interest free financing is lovely.

Original review: May 4, 2020

The store was closing which I knew walking in and the sales rep made no bones about it, even took time to explain why they were closing locations. He managed to talk me into a better bed that was on a huge discount instead of making me go cheap and return in two years. He gave me his new location as well if I had any questions and made sure when they took my old mattress, they took both. He wasn't looking for sales to beg to keep open, he was looking to get people into a good night's sleep.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We were looking for another Tempur-Pedic Mattress after our move to AZ. We Went to the Mattress Firm knowing what we wanted and we ended up getting the Best & Easiest Service ever. Our sales associate was Tamara **. She was so helpful listening as I explained about my bad back she knew immediately which mattress We needed to try, not only did we get the Tempur-Luxbreeze mattress but We ended up getting a great deal, also received our pillows & mattress in the package for nothing. I would definitely recommend going to this mattress firm and asking for Tamara. She will set you up with a wonderful mattress. Can’t wait to start getting a great night sleep again on our new mattress!! Thanks Mattress firm for making our purchase an easy one.. We walked out the door feeling very confident that we purchased the right mattress for us. Thanks Tamara for making us very happy with our purchase!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

When we bought two different Brand name mattresses in different firmness from Mattress Firm, we were given a great deal and 120 days to decide to keep. After only a couple weeks we knew we were not happy with our choice, her's was too firm and mine was way too soft, even though we picked out the softest and firmest Mattress Firm had to offer. The manager was our salesman from the beginning and Super helpful throughout the process and did everything he could to make us happy but after we tried many other mattresses and nothing was satisfactory he refunded In Full every penny. All of the mattresses Mattress Firm sold were of the Highest quality but just Not Firm enough for me OR soft enough for her. - All in all I give Mattress Firm a Top Recommendation.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Went in as this company sells purple and wanted to experience it. Had only planned on upgrading the mattress and never experience an adjustable frame. We felt so well taken care of we did not even go look at other brands or stores. From the moment we walked in, Levon, the store manager of the Ypsilanti MI store, greeted us and made us feel welcome and made sure we experienced the range of not only purple but options for frames. Since current bed is 20 years old and standard frame, much as changed. There is a lot of tech now in sleep hardware and the experience is like buying a car with all the selection + financing options and sales. In our case we did not have the high pressure that would be associated with car purchases sometimes.

Our case was unique in that we went through some adjustments in model/s decided before delivery. We deciding to upgrade bed frame, changing some things etc. Levon was there all the way and excellent communication and assistant as changing terms and items around requires good knowledge and patients. He obviously knows his stuff. Since I live halfway between Ann Arbor area and Toledo, did go in to a mattress firm in OH to check on the mattress I would be getting, for one last feel even though Mattress Firm has an in-home 120 days trial. The employee in that store knew of Levon and talked well of him as a great person to be working with. Knowing he is even respected by fellow workers in others stores says something. Delivery was on time and professional. Highly recommend this store and working with the manager there.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I bought online in September. Should’ve received the item on 10/10. They keep canceling and moving delivery back. If they’d said they were having issues with back orders, I’d have chosen something else. They also “moderate” the ratings on their website. Unsurprisingly, they have overly skewed positive ratings.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Only 1 year into owning a Sleepy's brand mattress, purchased at Mattress Firm. The mattress sags tremendously in each location where my wife and I sleep. After reaching out to Mattress firm for a warranty claim, they quickly denied the claim, stating that our bed frame has voided the warranty. A bed frame that properly supported the previous mattress for 10+ years without issue. Stay away from this awful company! They denied our claim in less than 4 business hours. Guess that would be one positive; their response time was impeccable.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

This review is to inform customers who want what is advertised. We purchased this bed in 2018 and it was priced at $2044 (valuable pricing) and we were so excited for a great night rest. Instead with we received has been a utter nightmare. Upon the first delivery we received a i300 instead of a i500, we waited a week or so for the second delivery. We received our new bed and within 6 months it was falling apart, Mattress firm honored our warranty and we received our 3rd new bed. Fast forward to 6 months later the bed is falling apart again. Mattress firm denied our warranty due to a blotch. I do not recommend purchasing from Mattress Firm, and if so -please read all fine print.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I purchased a mattress on 9/7 - with a live agent from Mattress Firm. His name is Levon **. This purchase is confirmed with an email for a delivery date of 9/27. On 9/26, I call just to confirm. I find out from an agent that the mattress is out of stock. There was no follow up at all. I was promised a phone call from a manager and this did not occur. Follow up emails from Stephanie ** only offered a lesser model. I still did not get to talk to live person. When I finished emailing Stephanie **, she did not follow up like she promised. The next day, I called yet again. Adriana answered and said I probably ordered a custom bed. This is not the case. She also did not have my email on file. I have canceled this order. False advertising and lack of professionalism. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Bought 2 mattresses in June 2020. Both have sagged down. Called them, no human being to take warranty claims, directed to website. In website they demand $79.99 for a third party inspection. These are all ways to not to handle the claims. DO NOT SHOP WITH THIS COMPANY. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WARRANTY PROCESS IS A TOTAL FRAUD.

Mattress Firm author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information