3.88/5
Based on 1,046 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

Mattress Firm Video
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

1919 Mattress Firm Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Customer increased Rating by 4 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have bought from them in past and they were good. Went to get new mattress, we bout the Tulo. We tried it out but not very good. Wake up with back pain and toss and turn all night. Wake up tired. So we were told we can exchange the mattress before 100 nights as long as we get another bed. So we seen they sell the purple bed, we called ordered that for 1300. The Tulo only was 650 so we were spending more money with them. We called the store to have them pick up the Tulo, but now they want to charge us the 80 to pick it up. We already paid delivery the 1st time, have to pay it again with the purple bed now again to pick up bed. Want to cancel everything. Don't want to spend my money with them. Rather pay the 80 only and be done. We have called the store, the 800 number and they are rude. They have told us a few time they don't sell the purple bed, when it's on the website. I don't think they want to help, just sell and get money.

Dear Matt,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case reach out to you for further assistance.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I have a good pillow top mattress from Mattress Firm and I like it. There is a girl that I used to work with who told me that she got one and that it was nice. I like their people and those who delivered it here were very nice too. I'm leaving the plastic on it because my other one got dirty. If I hear anybody needs a mattress, I would tell them to come there.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I have been trying to work with Mattress Firm on a comfortable mattress, they were all for exchanging my bed from when I received it on 12/16. The delivery guys came out to pick up the old bed, the one delivery guy picked up the bed off the frame flipped it on the side, either he ripped the handle or it was delivered like that in Dec. I have not touched it or have moved that bed at any time, I put the mattress protector and sheets on the bed, the mattress protector hasn't been removed since the delivery in Dec. Because of the handle being ripped they will not do the exchange. I have talked the area manager and he says that the warehouse will not make a exception. They will not accept the bed. There is no way I can prove that it's a manufacturer's defect or if was ripped when the delivery guy picked it up.

So I'm stuck with a 2200.00 dollar bed, that I can't sleep on because it kills my back. Very dissatisfying doing business with a major company and the warehouse has the say so, not to accept the exchange. The area manager Andrew offered me the bed I was going to get at his cost $1100. Why would I want to spend more money at Mattress Firm. What a insult. Unbelievable.

Dear Eva,

We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your merchandise. We will have a Specialist contact you to address your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I purchased a mattress from Mattress Firm. I purchased the mattress during a mattress sale although I still spent over $1200. I had issues with the mattress within the first 6 months. They sent me a replacement. I have had the new mattress less than 6 months and it is bad as well. I called the store. They gave me a phone number, which refers you to a website. I go to the website and I am flagged. I do the I am not a robot thing and it just says, "Thank you for helping us better serve you." This has been going on for more than 3 months.

In addition to that the replacement can only be the value of the sales price or less. If what I paid for this gets me a crappy mattress why would I take something of lesser value? It's not the customer service at the store that I am displeased with it is the warranty policy and the degree of difficulty in which you get the replacement. Needless to say I purchased mattresses less than a year ago and I still am sleeping on a mattress that is lousy. I try never to complain, but I can't get any resolution for my issues.

Dear Valencia,

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Mattress Firm is such a big company. The sales rep was excellent. It took me a while to decide what I wanted and she was very patient with me. I got a beautyrest mattress and I am really enjoying it. It has been 3 weeks since I've had it and it's still a little bit firm, though I’m hoping it’s going to soften up with time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Purchased a Beautyrest on 1/21/2018 and it was delivered three days later with a damaged box spring. We called the store and spoke with the manager who was not thrilled to have to re-order and was not very pleasant. The re-delivery was set up for three more days. We had to call late on the re-delivery day to find out we were never scheduled for that day. We called the store and found we would have to wait another three days. The re-delivery finally came in and was the wrong model and color and did not match our set.

We called the store manager back to cancel the order. The store manager was not helpful or pleasant, the area manager helped but never followed up or returned calls. Customer Service dept was a nightmare to track down and the representative called once with no resolution or follow-up. Had product picked up and delivered to store three business days ago. Called the store for status of refund to find it will take several more days to complete. Never any apologies or remorse for the whole debacle. Horrible customer service!

Dear Shannon,

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I'm very impressed with Mattress Firm. It is a very good company. I have a friend who works at Mattress Firm and she speaks very highly of their product. She said her bed is the best that she ever had. She was absolutely right, and I've sent her five people. I got four pillows from Mattress Firm. And I had a friend purchase three beds for me. The beds are comfortable and they fit the body. It doesn't keep repeating where you lie down on it. It warms really quickly where you sleep on and bounces right back. It was made very good and one of the best things I've had.

Mattress Firm's sales representative wanted to know exactly what I was looking for. And she pointed out so many different things that could accommodate what I need. She was very informative and knows her stuff. I had the delivery a couple days later and the delivery team came 10 minutes before the start of their given time. They were very prompt and extremely professional. They moved my other mattress out of the way, too.

If you're going to get a bed, you got to try Mattress Firm. You cannot beat it, and you got to get the coconut infused pillow. I got one for my wife and she sleeps so peacefully at night. Mattress Firm will work within your budget, too. They will roof your budget and how you may choose the bed, they will not shortchange you or just try to make it sell. If they have searched and can't find anything for you, they will shake your hands and you're out of the door. And nobody gets hurt feelings.

Resolution response: Feb. 17, 2018

Previously I had complained about the way my order was handled with Mattress Firm. Apparently they are on the ball at that company as I got a call from "Adrian" and he has promised to take care of the problem I had and send me a refund for the returned box spring. I do not know where to put this on this site so I am creating another review to say I am now satisfied. I will let you know if I get the refund.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Everything was fine, the product was good, but it all fell apart with the deal I thought I'd made with them. I ordered a new mattress. It turned out to be smaller than the mattress I had so I ordered a new box spring (what goes under a mattress), paid for them both. Then on tv I noticed they were advertising new frames if you had bought both... So I called and went over to order my "free frame". They charged me about $80.00 for delivery, and I agreed to all that. It didn't come for six weeks, but when it arrived it was much more than I'd thought, it was electric, etc. So, I knew I didn't need a box spring with it since it bent in the middle and a box spring just wouldn't work with it so I had the delivery men take it back (the box spring).

I went back to the store to get a refund on my box spring (very expensive, around $800.00), but the girl there refused. She gave me a roundabout explanation about how I'd gotten a free frame, etc, etc... I did not because of the other money she'd charged, and at any rate, I felt I'd been bamboozled and got nothing for free. In fact, I felt I'd paid for something I didn't want and they kept my box spring also. Not happy, and I won't go back.

Dear Mary ,

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My daughter bought from Mattress Firm a long time ago and she recommended that I buy one of their beds, too, because my back hurt. I got a box spring and a mattress from them and their people were very nice. The two guys who came out to delivery my order also helped me with everything and put the bed together. The first time they mixed stuff because the box spring they brought was too wide. Then they returned a day after and brought me the short one. I feel much comfortable on it. It's perfect and it looks good. Its price was also fair.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My father-in-law and mother-in-law bought a mattress from Mattress Firm and they got a good deal so they sent us over there. We got a king size pillow top mattress with the box spring and the frame. We could have gotten another one that’s a little bit more comfortable for a lot more money, but this one was comfortable for cheap. The sales rep was really good. He explained everything to us very well and took care of us.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I got a queen size box mattress, box springs, and bed frame from Mattress Firm. They were close by my house and I’ve also seen of their commercials. I've heard good things about them, too. Their sales rep was prompt and very nice to work with. But when delivery came, the guys had a couple things wrong. They led me to believe that I bought a different headboard and footboard. They also told me that I had to have a sideboard and that the bed came with hardware. But it didn’t. When they came here, the guys also didn't come with tools and didn’t have any hardware. I just felt like they overpromised some things. Plus, The box springs came in with damage on them.

I called them to get things resolved but there was no help. I was then told me that they've got one there that they would get swapped out quickly. So I had to call and make a trip to their store, then I called two other times to get that traded out successfully. I also ended up hiring another company to come in and get the hardware and put the side rails in. I wouldn’t have bought that side rails from Mattress Firm and they just assumed I would. I understand that kind of stuff could happen but it shouldn’t have taken a week for them to get those things taken care of. It was irritating that I had to do stuff until they followed up. It should've never been my role and it shouldn’t have taken eight days to get it resolved.

So far, I enjoy the mattress. But if somebody were to ask me, I wouldn’t ever go in that store again, whether I knew that things could go wrong or not. The other thing about them was that they told me that all they could do was give me a financial concession for the hardware that I had to buy. But they knew that the hardware cost $5 and I wasn't asking for a concession. And for that reason, I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Mattress Firm's products are good but that store is not where I should have gone for what I needed.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We bought a Hampton and Rhodes HR500 Memory Foam mattress on 2-20-2017. About 4 months ago I started waking up with back pain and most morning I was unable to get out of bed easily due to being stiff and sore in my back. My wife decided to switch sides with me and I could tell a drastic difference from side to side on the bed. She decided that she would take the sagging side because she said she didn't care. Fast forward to today and she is now complaining about back pain and sagging. I called the store where I bought it and they said to go online and fill out a warranty claim. This had me measuring and taking photos and tearing apart the whole bed.

I decided to call Hampton and Rhodes customer service line and guess who I got...Mattress Firm. The lady I spoke to understood my problem. I know this because that's all she kept saying... "I understand. I understand." Well they aren't even remotely willing to help. They say that the sag in the mattress has to be 1.5 inches without anyone sitting or laying on it. Mine sags at .5 inches but being memory foam it has different properties than a coil spring mattress. While it may be dense enough to support itself without weight on it. It sure compresses a lot more than the other side when you sit or lay on it. A better way to judge this would be to set a weight in the suspected area and then take a measurement, and then do the same thing on the other side and compare the measurements and I know there will be a big difference.

What has me upset the most is they are even willing to have someone come look at this one and see for themselves there is an issue. OH BUT SHE UNDERSTANDS!!! I am beyond pissed and will pass this story along to anyone thinking of buying from them. I will post this on Facebook and other review sites. I have never dealt with such a stubborn group of people ever. I will never buy from Mattress Firm again.

Hello Eddie,

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I needed a Beautyrest and Mattress Firm was the closest place. The rep that I worked with was perfect. They were able to answer all my questions. The delivery was perfect as well. They came in, got my old mattress and carried it out. They also cleaned up after themselves. My new mattress is comfortable and I'd tell others to go buy one.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I purchased a Black Ice King Mattress and anxiously awaited the arrival. It was delivered on time by three guys. After they finished setting it up, we noticed a tear in the fabric. Big huge disappointment especially because I am pregnant and due any day. We went through the trouble of going back to the Mattress Firm store and doing an exchange and setting up delivery of a new mattress for a week and a half later. I took off half a day of work to be there during my window. Again, I am still moments away from giving birth. The guys came to the door, and said, "unfortunately we cannot delivery your mattress today because it is going upstairs in your house and we are only two guys." What! You know what you are delivering, why waste my time! You know what is on your truck. How do you sell mattresses and then schedule delivery and then make it sound like it is my fault that you can't deliver it! I am furious. I now am waiting on my bed again!!!

Dear Kristin,

We truly apologize for your dissatisfaction. We are here to help. A specialist will follow up with you to address your relayed concerns. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The Mattress Firm sales reps were very, very helpful and they explained everything. They explained the box size too which was amazing. The rep was patient with my ex-wife, as far as her English understanding. She got a queen size bed but it's a little bit softer than what she expected. It was supposed to be a little bit firmer. We did the pick up and it showed me where technology is going with packing and manufacturing mattresses. They don't have the old spring and they just had the box wrapped in plastic tightly. And then the mattress come out real thin and then all of a sudden you have to let it sit for a while before it gets back up to the size that you saw at the store. But other than that, it worked fine. We'd recommend Mattress Firm.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Beware of anything they claim is free!! It is a trick. I purchased an Alcove Hybrid bed for about $2800. It have me severe backaches daily for weeks. I traded beds with my son for a night to make sure it was the bed, and sure enough I woke up perfect. Tried to return it less than 60 days in per the 120 day return policy. Angel, from the Miami location on US1 and 141 St told me that the free pillows and bed cover would now change to full retail and it would cost me almost $400 to return the bed. I did not use the pillows but did not have the boxes. Who keeps boxes on pillows. Now I know the trick they use and want to pass it on.

Dear ISABEL ,

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I was just putting on clean sheets and cussing as usual every time I do this. I have had this bed for 13 months, threatening to write a dissatisfied review, every time I change the sheets, and today I have just had it with this bed. It is the worse bed I have ever had and I am 84 years old. Not only is it the most uncomfortable but terribly heavy for me to make. I can barely lift it to put on the fitted sheets.

A couple of days, after I had the bed, I called the store where I purchased it and complained to the salesman how hard it was, how heavy it was, etc., he told me to jump on the bed or have my grandson jump up and down on the bed to soften it up, and hung up on me. I still owe on this bed having to continue to pay for something I am really not satisfied with. Not only the bed but I allowed him to talk me into extra things I did not need. What a rip off. If I could get it out to the whole world about Mattress Firm I would. In fact I did write a letter to the company in and as of the date I have never received an answer.

Hello Patsy,

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

My wife and I needed an adjustable bed at our age. We went to Mattress Firm to look at their products and we were sold. We bought the adjustable bed and the twin mattresses from them. Their sales rep was very very good, professional, and alert. He was also very knowledgeable. We love our bed and we sleep a whole lot better on it. We would recommend it, too.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

If I could give 0 stars I would! Today between 12-2pm was my scheduled delivery. We purchased our bed and box spring on Monday. It was snowing outside and we have a semi steep hill for our driveway. My uncle was plowing when they arrived and the delivery people told Vlad **. their delivery "supervisor" that the whole driveway was covered in snow which was a absolute lie. They also told him the driveway was slippery which was also an ABSOLUTE lie. I asked this Vlad guy if they could wait a few mins and he said no. I told him that is not right. It's not my fault they are not trying to walk down the driveway. It's not as severe and they were making it. I started to get aggravated because the whole point of me paying for another mattress was for it to come at the expected time, and because my pillow top Serta mattress that we purchased in 2015 was already bulging and defective and the wooden box spring was broken.

I originally made the purchase when the company was Sleepy's and when we bought it my husband and I picked up from the store with a U-haul when we moved into this house and brought it home ourselves. I also have other furniture and the delivery men have walked my couch down the hill and well as my box spring (my second time replacing). Long story short I had to get aggressive with this Vlad person and tell him that my husband and I will get out ourselves since they delivery guys are too lazy to do it. It really was not as complicated as they made it. They said no they can't do that because they need to get the old items. I said well that is on them to come and get it. It's not right that I waited for my items and they are here and they can't bring them down the hill. The guy said I have to worry about the well being of my guys. And I said why didn't they come prepared if they knew it was snowing outside?

This is unprofessional and it sounds to me like the customer does not matter. If I didn't have this warranty and the bed was not uncomfortable to sleep in, I would not have chosen to buy my bed and box spring from them. So it's 1:10pm and I told him they need to wait so we can put salt down as proof from them that it's not slippery and we normally do after it snows. And (THERE WAS NOT THAT MUCH SNOW) he said they will only wait until 1:15pm and I said I will go up there and talk to the delivery guys myself. I walk out at 1:12pm and I don't see them or the truck and I setup out into the street. It's 1:14PM and still no sign of them.

I called this guy Vlad and said, "You told me they will stay until 1:15PM and it's 1:14PM and I'm calling you and they have been long gone. How is that?" He said I told me they would wait until 1:15pm. I said, "But they left before then not even giving me an opportunity to talk to them instead of having to talk to you." I asked several times to speak to a supervisor, he said he is the supervisor. They didn't want to walk. They are lazy and don't care about the customer. If it is raining and snowing why drive from New Jersey all the way to New York and to my home and not bring my stuff to my door. They claim this is red carpet delivery, THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE!

I called the store and spoke to Tim the person who sold me my stuff and there was nothing he could do either. So now I have to spend another night in my broken bed. I told Tim I do not want VLAD **. or the other people who were supposed to deliver my stuff to bring it tomorrow or whenever I am supposed to get it. They are disrespectful and do not realizes if we as customers don't spend money on their products they will not make money. They must learn to treat people better. So much for that tip, guess I'll keep it!

I do not believe Vlad is the right person to handle delivery concerns from customers. He seems to have clue how to be polite and even reason with people. If his tone was different I probably would not have been upset and if they would have waited like a couple more minutes and allowed my husband and I to help that would have been better for me also But to provide NO solution or no compromise for an item that my husband and I paid for doesn't seem reasonable, not does it seem like something a "supervisor" would do.

Rochelle,

We are sorry to hear what you experiencing. We would like to address this matter. A specialist will be assigned to your account, who will contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I've bought the low-priced item and it was a piece of junk. I got a king and two single mattresses and they were pretty crappy. And then the box spring was so poor that I had to buy new ones through Mattress Firm. I paid $100 more a piece for them and they're fine. The sales and delivery teams were superb and everything has been fine.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I bough a king-size bed and frame, headboard and mattress from Mattress Firm and their sales representatives were fantastic. They were knowledgeable and got me the right product. They've made it easy including the delivery. Mattress Firm is a good place to get a mattress. They provide good service. But I'm still waiting on that Fitbit that they said I was supposed to get.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I had been trying to survive with a rental room with a bed included, but there were no box-springs. I had had miserable nights’ sleep since I had got here. Mattress Firm was the closest to my new address, and they were very professional with me. The delivery folks showed up in the timeframe that I was told they would be here and there were no uncertain terms with their box-springs. They didn’t mind picking up the mattress and putting in the box-springs under it real quick. I had such a great experience with these folks that I am hoping to invest in a different mattress here soon. The only negative I have is that I asked for a receipt and didn’t get one. I have just one line on my banking account that says that I made a purchase, but I would prefer to have a receipt.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I purchased a standard mattress set from Mattress Firm which was on my way home. The rep that helped me was nice. However, when the mattress was delivered, the delivery people cut the box spring with a knife. I called to follow up with the rep and he said he was going to put an order and have the new one sent by Monday. Monday came around and I never heard anything. I called but he was off, so I spoke to someone else. She said that the order wasn’t placed, so the mattress ended up coming Tuesday, which was fine. I'm happy with the mattress, but the second delivery guys' hygiene was awful. I had to leave the door open for a while.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I made some purchases at the store close to my home, was told delivery will be next day and was given a window between 4-10 pm. I work Monday to Friday. I left work early to be able to be home for the delivery. I moved the old bed. Dismantled everything to make way for the new mattress. All day I did not hear from anyone then after 10 pm I received the most unprofessional call of my life. Telling me they cannot deliver to me. That I have to call the sales rep who helped me to reschedule. The guy who called me proceeded to ask me if no one called me and really seem unbothered that they wasted my time and did not have the common courtesy to schedule a redelivery with me. Planning on canceling my order.

Dear Rita,

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

My in-laws bought one of those awesome beds, the frame that lifts up and down, at Mattress Firm so we went ahead and bought one of those too. There’s a store down the street from my house and the people there treated me well. The guy there answered all our questions and I asked some really dumb ones. We had our purchase delivered and I love what we got. The only thing was on the day our bed was installed, I was looking at Facebook an hour after the installers left and it said that Mattress Firm was having a 70 percent off on old models to make room for the new ones. I never heard about that when I was in the store.

The guy there was super nice and he gave us what I felt was a great deal. But it would have been nice to have known about the 70 percent off offer. I might have gotten last year’s model. Other than that incident, Mattress Firm is the place to go. I let both my sister-in-law and her husband lie on the bed and play with it because the first time they came over, I had them check it out.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I got a Simmons Beautyrest Greenwood Firm mattress and box spring from Mattress Firm. It's good quality and I like it. The sales people were professional and courteous. But when Mattress Firm delivered the box spring, it was rainy and snowy outside, and it got wet. So they had to change it. But the next one they brought had some holes in it, so that one had to go back as well. And then the third one they brought was okay. Mattress Firm did good, and they gave me a nice cover for my troubles.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

For our first purchase from Mattress Firm, we got a California King adjustable bed and base. My wife likes the workers up there and she handled the purchasing. When we didn't like our initial purchase, we went back and we exchanged the bed out. The delivery of our products went well too.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My wife and I reached a deal on a perfect condition floor model mattress that was removed from a nearby Mattress Firm that was recently closed. The salesperson was absolutely firm, and very reassuring, that the 120 day sleep trial as well as the manufacturers warranty both applied despite the mattress being a floor model- the warranty would be less 1 year since the mattress was manufactured a bit more than a year ago- the salesman called that the born-on date. A 9 year warranty was perfectly fine with us, and my wife was fully disarmed by the 120 day guarantee since she was crystal clear to the salesman that she wanted the option of benefiting from a trade-up if she was dissatisfied with the mattress comfort. We arranged for delivery two days later and paid for the mattress.

Being the thorough sort that I am, I contacted the store manager by phone the following morning to confirm that what I was told was true, since the handwritten comments the salesman made on the sales receipt regarding the warranty and the 120 day trade-up were kept on his copy, but were curiously missing from the one we were given. A big red flag. I was quickly informed by the manager that the salesman blatantly lied to us- neither the sleep trial or a warranty applied to our purchase. I decided that I wanted to cancel the order since my wife really wanted the 120 day trial. He told me he would promptly call me back once he spoke to the salesperson, but he never called back.

Next I called Mattress Firm corporate in NY directly and I was told the customer rep as well as her supervisor there was nothing they can do to help me with canceling the order and processing a refund, that I needed to go to the store and have the refund processed there- very uncomfortable after what had happened the night before. So I promptly left my work day, picked up my wife from work, and took the 40 minute drive to the store to be sure to cancel the purchase, and to ask for our money back. You would think the corporate office would have been proactive enough to contact the store manager on my behalf after what I explained we were put through, since we were both at work and the bed was supposedly being picked up at the store that morning for it to be delivered the next day (More on that later). But no. It was all left up to me.

Let me say that the when we arrived the store manager was 100% professional and courteous towards my wife and I, and did eventually say to us that this wasn't the first time something like this has happened with the salesman we had the misfortune of working with, also confirming that he was a long-term employee of Mattress Firm and certainly knew the correct terms of each sale he made. He also said, and this really shocked my wife and I, that our mattress that was scheduled to be delivered the following day wound never have arrived, anyway. That was believable to us since it was still in the same place it was the night before- right in the middle of the store. Apparently, there are no procedures in place at Mattress Firm to deliver a floor model to a customer who lives further than 5 miles from the specific location of the floor model mattress. So Mattress Firm took our money on an item that was undeliverable. Mind boggling.

It appears that management at Mattress Firm is comfortable with a seriously unscrupulous salesperson so long as he sells a lot of mattresses- which it was confirmed this guy does. It's easy to see why he literally begged me to pull out my phone and leave him a positive Google review even before he took my credit card and printed up the receipt. That was extremely uncomfortable since at that point he'd really done nothing!

The nice store manager even went into the salesman's desk drawer while we were explaining to him what had happened and pulled out the receipt from the night before and sure enough, there was the handwritten comment on the invoice from the salesman. He just shook his head. He was obviously completely embarrassed by what had happened to us. I'm still waiting on getting my money back. Today I may have to dispute the charge on my MasterCard. What a shame. Perhaps the worst part for us is that we can't even buy the mattress we want, even buying it brand new, since it's exclusive to Mattress Firm and for obvious reasons we are reluctant to do business with Mattress Firm.

Dear Daniel,

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. A specialist will be assigned to your case and contact you for further assistance

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

In our home in Dallas, we have a Tempur-Pedic Cloud that we got from Mattress Firm. For our second home, we bought another bed from them. We like their return policy and their sales rep was very good. He was very professional, courteous, and explained everything pretty well, so we were happy. But the delivery and installation was the best thing about the whole experience. The gentlemen came when they said they would be there and they put on those little booties the way they often do when they came in. They kept the house clean and took out the old mattress. They were very careful and everything went very well. We got what we paid for.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We saw that on the west side, Mattress Firm had a 40% off on a lot of their items and the mattress that we wanted was sold with $100 worth of discount. But when we went to their store, the mattress that we wanted wasn't on discount and the sales guy told me that it cost $800. We told him that we only had $621 but we liked that one and we'd keep going to another store to compare prices. He told us he'd look to see if if he could give it to us for $620 and when he came back, he gave it to us for $619. That was exactly what we had so we took it right there and we didn't go anywhere else. It was real economic and the sales guy helped us out.

The two guys who delivered it were also cool. They put a floor mat on the floor and they were real good. This is the second time that we bought from Mattress Firm. The last time was in 2013 and their guy gave us two pillows for free. We would tell our friends to go to their store and be honest with their guys about what they need. No matter what the situation, those guys will help them out.

Mattress Firm Company Information

www.mattressfirm.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use