Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.8/5 (888 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: June 23, 2021

Purchased a mattress from the Bozeman MT store and found the staff to be helpful and knowledgeable, and they had a good selection of mattresses at varying prices. I would definitely recommend shopping here.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

They were quick, sufficient, and kind. Took care of my needs over the phone as well as when delivery was made. Above and beyond great customer service. Took old box spring and helped me move my mattress from basement to upstairs.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

The young lady who waited on us was professional, attentive, and supportive in guiding us to our choice. She was clear in her answers and allowed us to make our decision without any pushing. Very pleasant experience.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Allan was very helpful, pleasant and helped me pick out a great mattress. I was able to get the one I wanted. In today's world helpful, politeness goes a long way for me. I would recommend anybody looking for a new mattress go to Mattress Firm!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Mattress purchased was high quality and works very well. Salesperson was able to provide good discount and good financing choices. We later revisited to purchase highest quality pillows to complement the mattress.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Name brand but last line quality mattresses. 120 days trial sounds great but read behind invoice. There is $99 return fee plus 20% restocking fee. Unable to compare mattress because not sold other reputed retailers. I feel bad for people do not read reviews like me. I end up paying $300 return fee in 21 days. Poor customer service. Waited and came back to to make a refund.

Original review: July 20, 2021

After taking my clean bug free mattress out to my porch they saw an old dead beetle inside the sealed plastic of my old box spring. They put my box spring back, brought my old mattress back in and onto the bed. We were confused. They mentioned that they wouldn't take my old mattress because of the beetle (said they wouldn't even if it had been an ant) which was fine. I can understand that policy. I didn't even ask for the Platinum service where they remove the mattress anyway, that was given to me for free.

My problem came when they wouldn't let us have the new mattress etc. We said we would bring it from the truck into the house ourselves. I told them they didn't need to do anything but drop it off onto the street and they wouldn't even do that. They said they can't let it leave the truck. They told me to call the local store and order a drop off only delivery. Local store told me they are too limited with their ability to schedule deliveries and even moreso because I bought it online so they could not help me and to call 1800 number.

1800 number automated service said there is no live help outside of the website or text. Website chat live agent said they cannot help nor even reschedule my order for 24 hours. They can schedule a new order right now but cannot reschedule the one I have already paid for. So now I have to wait another few days for a mattress that was literally less than 15 steps from my front door less than an hour ago. I wouldn't even be allowed to pick it up from the warehouse myself. I would ask for a refund but the live agent said that takes a minimum of 14 days. I asked for a manager and was told none was available. The store agent took my information and said their district manager will contact us some time but they had no time frame for that either.

The mattress may be excellent- I don't know since I haven't got it yet- but the customer service is the most inept and frankly uncaring that I have ever experienced. I saved the transcripts and am sure it would really embarrass the company executives if they were to ever read them. The entire experience today cost the company wasted gas and manpower not to mention the wasted pollution of having to deliver something twice.

Original review: July 13, 2021

The salesman kept questioning me after I brought in the old label from a Queen bed even though I told him on the phone that I was replacing the old bed due to being soiled by my 98 year old mother. He was told several times and then lectured me when I came to the store with the label in my hand. He then proceeded to question me about me wanting a full size bed when I had a label that said queen. I heard this four times even when I constantly said I wanted the same style and firm mattress as the queen. What did he not understand?!! Then I never received a call for the originally dated delivery of 7/10/21. I called the store, the girl said he was at another store, and that man said he was at another, and that store said he was off. Then I called the original store and the girl said it was coming 7/12/21, and then the salesman called who sold me the mattress and he said that she was incorrect in her information.

Finally got a date of 7/13/21but no call the night before. I now had a call 20 minutes before they delivered the mattress. I brought down the old mattress which was soiled and I told the guys to bring the plastic cover and I would bag it. They did not do it and just dragged the old one away. How unsanitary. The calls and time and everything else that went wrong from the initial call was not worth it. The woman I deal with for over 20 years was away. I should have waited, but it was a personal matter and unknown when she would return. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. YOU'LL DO BETTER.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I purchased a basic firm mattress in June to replace a previous one that had been damaged. They delivered it within a week, but when I got it inside I noticed the thickness of the mattress was 1" less, (7.25" vs. 8.25"). When I contacted them through their chat system (since you cannot talk to anyone) they said they use different suppliers, so the width would vary. Unfortunately, the mattress is not as comfortable or supportive as the last. When I asked to exchange it because it had been misrepresented on their website, they said I'd have to pay $130. I did not expect such an unhelpful reply. I felt very let down and unappreciated as a customer.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Can't contact them, not through the phone, not through the mail. They take so long to resolve an issue. I'm still waiting for them to call me. No one did. My mattress is defective. It is sagging. Can't sleep on this mattress anymore and they take so long to respond.

Mattress Firm author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information