2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.10/5

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: May 5, 2020

I think my all foam mattress is lovely. It can get warm, but I wake up with no body aches. I fell for a trick in the show room. I was told it had "cooling gel" and when we laid on it, it was cool. It was also under the a/c vent in the showroom. We bought it, but it is still warm and my husband still sweats. We bought a cover for it and sheets through the same store. They are lovely as well, and perhaps the cover is why we don't get any feeling of "cooling gel". It is still the best purchase, and interest free financing is lovely.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We were looking for another Tempur-Pedic Mattress after our move to AZ. We Went to the Mattress Firm knowing what we wanted and we ended up getting the Best & Easiest Service ever. Our sales associate was Tamara **. She was so helpful listening as I explained about my bad back she knew immediately which mattress We needed to try, not only did we get the Tempur-Luxbreeze mattress but We ended up getting a great deal, also received our pillows & mattress in the package for nothing. I would definitely recommend going to this mattress firm and asking for Tamara. She will set you up with a wonderful mattress. Can’t wait to start getting a great night sleep again on our new mattress!! Thanks Mattress firm for making our purchase an easy one.. We walked out the door feeling very confident that we purchased the right mattress for us. Thanks Tamara for making us very happy with our purchase!!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

When we bought two different Brand name mattresses in different firmness from Mattress Firm, we were given a great deal and 120 days to decide to keep. After only a couple weeks we knew we were not happy with our choice, her's was too firm and mine was way too soft, even though we picked out the softest and firmest Mattress Firm had to offer. The manager was our salesman from the beginning and Super helpful throughout the process and did everything he could to make us happy but after we tried many other mattresses and nothing was satisfactory he refunded In Full every penny. All of the mattresses Mattress Firm sold were of the Highest quality but just Not Firm enough for me OR soft enough for her. - All in all I give Mattress Firm a Top Recommendation.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Went in as this company sells purple and wanted to experience it. Had only planned on upgrading the mattress and never experience an adjustable frame. We felt so well taken care of we did not even go look at other brands or stores. From the moment we walked in, Levon, the store manager of the Ypsilanti MI store, greeted us and made us feel welcome and made sure we experienced the range of not only purple but options for frames. Since current bed is 20 years old and standard frame, much as changed. There is a lot of tech now in sleep hardware and the experience is like buying a car with all the selection + financing options and sales. In our case we did not have the high pressure that would be associated with car purchases sometimes.

Our case was unique in that we went through some adjustments in model/s decided before delivery. We deciding to upgrade bed frame, changing some things etc. Levon was there all the way and excellent communication and assistant as changing terms and items around requires good knowledge and patients. He obviously knows his stuff. Since I live halfway between Ann Arbor area and Toledo, did go in to a mattress firm in OH to check on the mattress I would be getting, for one last feel even though Mattress Firm has an in-home 120 days trial. The employee in that store knew of Levon and talked well of him as a great person to be working with. Knowing he is even respected by fellow workers in others stores says something. Delivery was on time and professional. Highly recommend this store and working with the manager there.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I have a fused cervical spine and chronic lower back pain, I have literally spent close to ten thousand dollars on mattresses over the past several years just trying to get a good comfortable nights sleep! I have wasted so much money on high end mattresses and yet after 4-6 months the mattresses seems to just get less comfortable and then end up causing me even more sleep robbing pain..

Most places I've been to in search of quality mattresses, (And I've been to quite a few!) are just full of paycheck hungry salesmen. Dennis ** at the Riverdale Mattress Firm store was more than just a salesman, He was someone who literally understood my issues as he has very similar issues himself. he not only shared his knowledge with me but also took the time to educate me on other options and gave me a few more tools to work with. He also helped me out by discounting a floor model for me as he sympathized the fact that I have bought so many high dollar mattresses over the past several years. Great guy! more than just a hungry salesman, he was kind and knowledgeable, very helpful in my opinion. I had a very positive experience at the Mattress Firm store in Riverdale. I just thought I would share this with anyone whom it may be relevant to.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I would love to review my mattress but unfortunately after now 3 promised deliveries I still don't have one. I can't speak with anyone, the one time I did I was told the problem was manufacturing, so I changed box spring and still nothing. I am 60. Sleeping on the floor for 3 weeks now and this company appears to not care less. Poor service and poor customer service.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

This review is for buying online through the chat with sales associate feature and follow up. Sales person messed up order. Customer service is unreachable and does not call back, text back, or email back to fix error. Would not recommend.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Terrible company. After waiting 4 weeks for my delivery (mattress for my toddler) I received an e-mail just one day before the scheduled (and guaranteed) delivery date saying they don't have the product and they can't deliver on time. I tried to reach out the company but there is no way you can talk with an agent. I was transferred to online system and ended up with a chat robot. There should be price for the inconvenience they caused. Avoid this company which has no customer service and and reliable at all.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Edit The $900 mattress was suppose to be a medium firm. After a yr it is like a soft marshmallow. Don't believe the lies about a warranty. You will waste your time trying to get anything from them. The mattress has no support anymore - like sleeping in a pit. Have to sit up to turn over. Even then it pulls the sheets off of the corners of mattress.

Was told by salesman to submit a claim to factory. What waste of my time that was taking pictures to send them. Was told to put a straight edge across mattress put light pressure and if it goes down more than 2 1/2 inches it is bad. Mine goes down 5 1/2 inches. Factory now tells me that is not true. I should not put pressure on mattress to show sagging and to resubmit photos but that won't show anything as far mattress having no support. Mattress Firm bend over backwards to make a sale but give no help to customers after sale. Now I found that if I turn the mattress over and sleep on the bottom side there is some support till I can pay to have it hauled away. User's recommendation: Stay away from buying a mattress from Mattress Firm and Sleepy mattress company. They don't stand behind them.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I bought one mattress from Mattress Firm and it was delivered to my home as scheduled and delivery men were courteous and helpful. I ordered another mattress but needed it to be delivered to my builder's warehouse, which closes at 5:00 pm. After the first delivery attempt failed as it was 5:45, I contacted Mattress Firm through their customer service email system, and requested another delivery stating that it needed to be delivered before 5:00 pm.

Again, they scheduled the delivery (a month later) after 5:00 pm so I had to cancel that delivery as well. I paid for the mattress in June and as of now, July 21st, I have no mattress and no way to contact a REAL PERSON on the phone in order to insist that the delivery be scheduled before 5:00 pm. THIS IS NOT THAT HARD! If a real person, not an automated call system, would just contact me, I believe it could be straightened out with no problem. Lesson is, DO NOT BUY ONLINE as you have no salesperson to contact if there are delivery problems!!

Mattress Firm author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information