toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new bedding and look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Original review: June 23, 2016

Needed a new bed for our guest room. Went to Mattress Firm. Found one easily and it was ready when we went to get it. Looks and feels great. Awesome customer service!

I ordered my mattress from Mattressfirm.com. They have a 90-day financing option with 0% APR which is what I need since I live paycheck to paycheck. I was only approved for $550. I needed a king size mattress because of my height. The sales guy met my needs with my wants and got me into a bed that I enjoy. I was pleased with this service because it was easy to get approved, order the mattress have good customer service all while eating lunch in my office. And then less than a week later, receive my mattress on my front porch. It was literally effortless!

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

My mattress was worn-out and I needed a new one so I purchased from Mattress Firm. Their sales rep was helpful and very knowledgeable. I got a whole set of Beautyrest Black Hybrid with the box spring and so far, I'm happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used Mattress Firm a few times and I've no issues with them at all. I like the range of their selection and I'm really happy with the delivery and the folks in the store. They're always willing to listen and help, just this last time in finding something for a child. I'm very satisfied with Mattress Firm.

Dear Jamie,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case who reach out to you for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

We ordered a PLUSH mattress from Mattress Firm in April. Our mattress was always hard which made us think that it needed to break it in. 8 months later it is still extremely Firm, I have been having back issues and unable to sleep in my own bed that I paid almost $1,200.00 for. We went to the store we bought it from and discovered we had been delivered a FIRM mattress, not PLUSH like ordered. After countless trips to the store, telephone calls, emails, and instant chats with Mattress Firm; they will not replace it. We are not asking for a refund, just simply the plush bed we ordered and paid for. It is not our fault that we received the completely wrong mattress. This is my 3rd mattress from Mattress Firm and I will not be ordering again. This company's customer service team is a joke. They keep saying there's nothing I can do, or they refer me to an alternative place (call center refers me to the store; store refers me to the call center).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Dear Pennie,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We look forward to serving you for years to come - enjoy your new purchase!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Mattress Firm was the first place we walked in to purchase a bed. Their sales rep was very nice and helpful. We tried several different mattresses and we got a mattress and a box spring. We're happy with the entire experience.

Dear Cody,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the service you received. Enjoy your new purchase!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

There's not a whole lot of affordable furniture places in Colorado Springs. I went to American Furniture and they wouldn't budge on the prices, but Mattress Firm happened to have a huge sale going on and they got me what I wanted for the price that I wanted. I got the box spring and the bed frame itself. Their sales rep told me right where I wanted to go and he got it for me fairly quickly. He was polite about it too. I sleep comfortably with this bed and it's a lot better than my old one.

Hi Gary ,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad that our Bedding Consultants was able to assist in getting your purchase completed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We did a lot of research and decided to try Mattress Firm. Their rep seemed to be knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We purchased the whole bed - mattress, frame, and adjustable bed. So far, we're real happy with it.

Chris,

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and take this feedback very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Should you seek further assistance please let us know and we will have a specialist reach out to you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Mattress Firm carried the mattresses that I was preliminarily interested in from internet searching. The sales rep was helpful and gave us the time we needed to investigate. However, delivery was a pain. We were supposed to get calls to set up a time window, but we didn’t. We got a call 10 minutes before the delivery people were going to arrive. They arrived and declared that we had bedbugs and refused to deliver the mattresses. We were forced to get an exterminator to come out and state that we didn’t have bedbugs, and then had to set up another delivery. During that delivery event, one of the box springs was damaged so we had to deal with setting up a third delivery event. The scheduling for each of those was a pain in the neck. So far the mattresses we purchased have continued to be what we’ve hoped they would be.

Jerry,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm. We are glad our staff was able to create a positive experience for you. We look forward to serving you for years to come - enjoy your new purchase!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I did a lot of shopping and went to one particular Mattress Firm. I liked what they showed me compared to what I had seen and they were helpful and friendly. We had our mattress delivered and the delivery team was super helpful. Overall, I'm pleased with my experience with Mattress Firm.

Sherrie,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. A Specialist will be assigned to your account and contact your for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I financed mattresses from Mattress firm on 12/30 and my 1st payment is due in 1/13 and my mattresses were scheduled for delivery 1/05. On Thursday morning about 8am I called customer service to advise my phone number listed for delivery was incorrect and needed to change. "Oh ma'am no need to change because the driver is still has to come. You are already on the truck and scheduled for 3-5pm" so I called the store because is still felt uncertain. The salesman said "I see your delivery is scheduled for today" and I summarized AGAIn the phone number issue. He said not to worry. I called yet another store because I was supposed to be stop "7" and they were at stop "9". They called the warehouse and the called my salesman. Still no delivery. I left for my honeymoon in 1/6 and had someone to sit for a rescheduled delivery TODAY. Guess what, it was never put in and is not in the truck. This is my first and last time ever ordering.

Ioana,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your warranty claim. Your account will be assigned to a specialist who will reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We purchased our mattress at the end of September 2013 and it was over $2500. At the beginning of 2016 we noticed that our mattress had parts where we couldn't even sleep on. We contacted them by mail and by fax since we have a 10 years warranty on it. They never got back to us. In September 2016 I contacted them by phone and a lady said "no one ever got back to you regarding this?" We had to pay almost $40 to have an inspector come to us and check out the mattress. The answer that I got back to them was that the mattress is only 1 inch and a little bit dropped and that is not a manufacturer defect.

We cannot even sleep on one side of the bed and they said it's not a manufacturer defect. Considering the fact that the brand of the mattress that we got they do not make the king size no more because it was a bad one from the beginning and they took it off of market I am sure ours has the same problem. The employee there said that I can make another complaint in 6 months. It is ridiculous to spend over $2500 for a mattress that is bad in less than 3 years. I sure hope someone will get back to me and fix this in a way because it is really frustrating... so much for a "good night sleep".

John,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. A specialist has been assigned to your account and will follow up with you for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

My experience began pleasantly, my sales rep was extraordinarily friendly and very considerate of my schedule. She ensured she addressed my needs and offered helpful suggestions along the way. However, beyond my sales representative's interaction - this experience was a tragedy from the moment payment was made, and in fact at this very moment (7:55pm 1/7/17) the nightmare still has no clear sign of ending. But I'll start from the beginning:

On 12/30/16 I made my purchase, a very simple order: Queen Pillow top Mattress, standard split box spring. Delivery date was scheduled for 1/2/16 between 8 & 2 and I'm told I will receive a call the night before confirming delivery. When I never received the call, I had a feeling things were going to end badly, but I had no idea they would end this badly! I began making phone calls on 1/2/16, and that continued until 1/3/16. My sales rep was on vacation beginning the start of the year, so contacting her was not possible.

Calling corporate, I realized after 7 hours or so of attempt after attempt to navigate through their nested IVR (interactive voice response) - that this is by design. They loop callers to prevent them from reaching customer service at all, in fact I was only ever able to speak to a real human in the warranty department, who listened and made attempts to assist by sending notifications to various departments, all of which went unanswered.

I called four separate local stores in an attempt to get any information at all, all four were former Sleepy's who had just been purchased by Mattress Firm, and as one gentleman eloquently put it: "We have no more of an idea how to go about resolving this than you do..." Not what I wanted to hear of course. I was out of options, and trying to investigate any other avenue to make contact and considering filing a dispute with my bank, but before I did so I decided to take a crack at social media. Around 1:00pm 1/3, I made a post to their Facebook page, received a response via Facebook two hours later, and then a phone call from a representative who was very apologetic and sounded as if she would handle this. That was not the case.

Promises made by that representative disappeared, and no movement was made on this. I again (now 1/5/16) posted on Facebook, and was assured a second call that never came. Once again on 1/6/17 I posted, once again I was assured. Honestly, reviewing those posts now I'm almost positive that was a social automation bot of some sort, and not actually an individual. At this point my rep returns from vacation to this development, and contacts me immediately. I can't say enough for her assistance, as it seems she was the only one able to do anything at all about it. Finally, we got my delivery scheduled for today. And the story has not nearly concluded at this point.

My drivers showed up in a rented Enterprise truck, and a personal motor vehicle. These were not Mattress Firm employees, I'm pretty sure. They delivered my mattress, and of course unlike what I was told - they did not even take the old mattress and box spring. They had a full truck, and in their defense it has been snowing all day. But these two gentlemen didn't appear to be the brightest in the bunch, turns out I was right. I'm fairly certain these two gentlemen were hired in a more "informal" fashion, but I'll leave the speculation out of this review.

Now, I live down a private drive that consists of crush and run, excellent traction even in the snow. (Gravel) It's approx a quarter mile from the street, and my driveway is off of that private driveway. It continues passed my home to the gas main, which sits on a flat acre of land with natural gas well off to one side, with plenty of room for a large truck to turn around. I walked the gentlemen down to their truck, and explained the topography of the area. (Railroads, creeks, small hills that would be treacherous for a truck of this size.) I provided two options: Go over the railroad tracks and utilize the wide open field, much like the large service vehicles that maintain the gas lines do, or Back straight out. Well, they chose a stranger route.

Noticing a very small patch of flat surface just before reaching the railroad tracks, they attempted to use that to turn around and decided to ignore my instructions on the safest method to return to the primary road. I stepped inside to grab my coat, and upon walking back outside I noticed the driver beginning to head for an area I know has a small but sharp decline where the road mounds to meet the tracks, and took off in a sprint shouting in attempts to prevent what was about to happen, but the driver was paying attention to his spotter, and by the time he made eye contact with me it was too late, the truck caught the edge and slid rapidly down the incline, coming to a sharp halt as the lift gate assembly caught the edge of the road, leaving the tires a mere inch off of the ground making any attempt at using the drive line now impossible.

Frustrated by the pure idiocy displayed here (and the driver making an attempt to blame his spotter. Fact is they chose to come up with an option 3, it does not exist. The driver should have followed my instructions). I then decided against my better judgement to see if I could help. My Explorer does well on my property, even in the snow, but unfortunately physics simply didn't allow for the smaller Explorer to budge a fully loaded 30 ft. truck to budge a single inch. At that point I advised them to contact whomever they needed to procure a wrecker. I left the house around 3:30pm today for a family engagement, and upon my return at 8:00pm I was shocked to see the truck still here with no wrecker in sight. The time is now 8:53pm and a wrecker arrived approximately twenty minutes ago, and they're nowhere near recovering the vehicle yet. It's a sticky situation.

At this point the waived fees I was promised due to the original scheduling issue are still present on my invoice, the mattress and box spring "haul away" I also paid for was not on their instruction sheet so now I will have to handle that myself (certainly not trusting Mattress Firm to do ANYTHING at this point). But I also burned two PTO days waiting for a delivery that never came and attempting to track that down, and once they finally manage to get the truck recovered we'll see if this is even close to over yet. Significant damage was done to the road's foundation near the railroad tracks and was clearly disturbed, and we have contacted them to inform them of the damage to prevent any further accidents from occurring. However, with the moist land, snow, and proximity to the railroad there is likely considerable damage to the road, surrounding wildlife, and likely the tracks themselves.

Thankfully the mattress is manufactured by Serta, and Mattress Firm is purely a point of sale. The mattress is beautiful, and I'm very happy with that, but my experience with Mattress Firm started, continued, and has yet to finally end as an absolute catastrophe. As unfortunate as it sounds, I'll need to seek legal advice as I'm sure now that I have seen the "Mattress Firm Customer Service" that any damages done to surrounding objects/structures/infrastructure may find itself directed towards me in an attempt to circumvent their responsibility. Along with the legal consultation I will also need to contact my bank to dispute these charges as it was not at the price agreed, and none of the adjustment credits for violating their own "Red Carpet Delivery Service" and failing to perform half of the tasks they claim they will provide. Getting hold of anyone there to discuss this is clearly impossible at this point.

On their website, they advertise some simple benefits of this red carpet service: 1 day delivery window or delivery is free - Not true thus far. Same day and next day delivery - Definitely not true. Free in home set up of your mattress set - My bed set still resides in the kitchen. Free removal of your old mattress set - My old mattress and box spring are still in my living room. Courteous and professionally trained Dream Team Delivery personnel - Courteous perhaps, trained - definitely not. Red carpet and sanitary blue booties to protect your home - You're joking, right?

To all: This is a travesty, even the drivers told me that the company "Simply Doesn't give a **" which was their response when I asked them why they were still out delivering in this weather. (I honestly assumed it was not coming today, it would have only been logical knowing what I already went through.) Neither one of these gentlemen seemed qualified to operate this vehicle, and since it had air breaks it certainly requires additional licensing - unless of course you rent it from a company like Enterprise.

A horrible place to attempt to cut costs and save money. I have never seen such a grossly structured company, and have never experienced such a horrific shopping and delivery service such as this. The only bright side, I will most definitely get a wonderful night's rest - and I have Sealy Posturepedic to thank for that, not Mattress Firm. Stay away from Mattress Firm, avoid them like the plague. I will never use this company again! Period!

Hi Ebony,

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

My cousin actually bought a bed and I slept on it and loved it. So I got a queen-sized Beautyrest mattress from Mattress Firm. Customer service was awesome. The sales rep was informative, thorough, and explained the process, and the delivery guys were great. I have never slept and felt better for years.

Hi Joelle,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your concerns. A specialist will follow up with you to assist within 48 hours. We look forward to assisting you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Buyer beware! I have waited over one month for my refund of $1,800 and I still have not received it! Spoke with the District Manager and he was unwilling to speed the process up. Keep getting excuse of the corporate office! One month! Still no refund to date!!!

Pablo,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad you were pleased with the level of service you received from the sales Representative. We hope you enjoy your new bedding and look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Mattress Firm had a special offer so we went with them, and the sales representative we worked with were really good. We got the mattress with the protector and the base, but I'm not too happy with it. I'm not used to it because I'm a truck driver, and I used to sleep on my truck with my own bed. So, it's more of me than it was the mattress. But my wife is happy with the product and she likes it. Other than that, we were happy with the help that Mattress Firm gave me.

Dear Libia,

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

We had been looking for a bed for quite some time. We had our previous bed for 12 years and were shopping around. Mattress Firm was our third stop on that day. Because of the service that we got and their different options and the fact that we found what we wanted there at a better price we decided to make our purchase with them. The guy that took care of us was very nice and helpful. He let us test out quite a few beds. I have lower back issues so I needed something firm with a little bit of a topper. He helped us pick out the right one and we love it. It's very comfortable. It has helped me a lot with my back in that I've noticed a difference in my back. We got a king-size, so I like the space as well. I'm very happy with the bed, overall. Mattress Firm is a friendly and helpful place.

Dear Adam ,

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Bought a twin mattress for our 10 year old daughter who weighs 105 lbs. Within 4 months the edge broke down and you could hear broken springs. Mattress Firm's own inspector said it was obvious that something was wrong with the mattress, yet when we got the letter from Mattress Firm they claimed it met the manufacturer's standards and it is considered normal. We almost $650 on a defective mattress that they won't stand behind. Called customer service and I was 42nd in line with a 58 minute wait. That seems to be their standard as I have seen the same thing on other reviews.

Dear Janet,

We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations daily and we are thankful that you took the time to share your recent experience with us. Enjoy your new purchase! We look forward to serving you for years to come.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I bought a new mattress and TEMPUR-Ergo Plus and was delivered promptly and set up. The 2 delivery teams were very good. Slept on the mattress just one night but seems to be very good. Have not used the TEMPUR-Ergo Plus yet but will tonight.

James,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the service you received. We hope you enjoy your new bedding and look forward to assisting you with future purchases!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The Mattress Firm sales reps gave examples of different mattresses that were in the store and why one was different from the other, and they had us test them out to see what type of mattress would be best. They narrowed it down after that test to show us which one we should look at based on what our preferences were, so they did a great job. We got the Stearns and Foster Hybrid which is awesome. It gives us a much better night's sleep, no hurting back and there aren't big divots in the bed so I'm very happy with it. My brother was looking at a new mattress, and we told him about the warranty that Mattress Firm told us about and why we decided to buy it there and that he should go look there. The experience exceeded my expectations.

Anthony,

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

We had done research through a whole bunch of different mattress stores and found that Mattress Firm had the most knowledgeable employees as well as the best prices and great locations. So we picked up mattresses from the company for our daybed. The Mattress Firm specialist was very knowledgeable in the different technologies and in everything that's changed in mattresses since we purchased our last one. They were able to show us several different price lines and also gave us time to compare and contrast the beds. They even gave recommendations because this mattress is for the trundle so it's not gonna get used very much. They were very polite and great to work with.

The product exceeded our expectations. Once we got in the location, we were extremely comfortable. The things that people talk about online is the mattress in a store being significantly different than what would be delivered. But what was delivered was a really good quality mattress. We really enjoy it. Mattress Firm is definitely a place we'd go back to for our next mattress purchase.

The website was extremely helpful because we were able to do research and look on what we were gonna see at the store. Even when we were in the store we were able to pull it up on our phones. It's not something I would see like if I go to Sam's or some other places that have a mattress that they sell alongside other things. Then we looked at reviews and got more information so we felt like when we purchased, we got a really good product and price. We were extremely happy from when we walked in to when everything was delivered and even following up. We felt like we got really good value.

Hanumantha ,

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Some of my friends referred Mattress Firm to us, so I bought my foam mattress and box springs from them. At the store, they were able to explain well the stuff they have and the features of their products. However, the cloth on one of the box springs was a little bit ripped of when they delivered it. I contacted Mattress Firm and they said they will send the replacement, but nothing happened so I started using it. The mattress looks fine as of now. The only thing is they should have taken care of what they promised.

Dear Milton,

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I recently shopped at Mattress Firm for a new mattress (I've purchased several mattresses from Mattress Firm over the past few years for our home and vacation home). I complained that our mattress was sagging on both ends, even though it has been turned routinely. I paid about $40 for an inspector to come to our home to look at the mattress; he arrived on November 7, 2016...he agreed that the mattress was sagging badly. He said that we would hear from MF "in about 10 days." I never heard back from MF. So, today, after being on "hold" for about 35 minutes I was told that the warranty would not be honored because the mattress wasn't sagging enough (or words to that effect). When I explained to the MF personnel on the phone today what the inspector had told me, I was told that the "decision is not up to the inspector."

I am unhappy at the waste of time in pursuing this warranty claim since it appears that MF didn't intend to honor the warranty anyway. So much for loyalty over the past several years. Mattress prices are about the same in all stores--MF is no particular "stand out" bargain. At this point, it isn't about the money but more about the very poor warranty service. The MF sales staff make a big point of the warranty at sale time, but when/if it comes up, MF fails to deliver. At this point we will buy bedding products from another vendor.

Dear Anita ,

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Mattress Firm. They were on sale so I got mattresses for our bed and their sales rep was one of the most professional persons I've ever worked with. Their people were very courteous, helpful, knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. If I would need mattresses again, I would most certainly go back to Mattress Firm.

Dear Sue,

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The Mattress Firm sales rep was polite but I wasn't that fond of him which was why I didn't buy from him. He wasn't that helpful and I wasn't that impressed with him, so I went and got a frame and two pillows for a better price online. But my purchase was really good, everyone likes it and I'm very happy with it.

Daniel,

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

My wife recommended going to Mattress Firm so we walked in and purchased the mattress and then the bed box. Their sales reps were wonderful and of good help. I like the company's services. One of the delivery guys was delayed in coming and they were able to call and check on us. Everything went well. I like the place and if somebody needs a mattress, I can recommend Mattress Firm.

Dear Terry,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad you were pleased with the level of service you received from the Sales Representative. We look forward to serving you for years to come.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I had a Tempur-Pedic mattress years ago when the beds were hot, so I wanted another one. I started looking into reviews on all the mattresses that were sold in Titusville and saw that Mattress Firm was a great deal. Their rep was very knowledgeable and sincere, and he helped us a great deal as far as which bed I wanted to buy. He ran me through the whole steps and was an outstanding salesman. Another rep came in and I said I applied for credit for $5,000 on any Tempur-Pedic wherever I wanted to go. He offered me all the good options and he got my bed down to where I needed it to be as far as price.

The first bed I bought before was a single and I didn't have any troubles or issues with it being small, but the reps at Mattress Firm brought it out and I slept the first night and we decided I couldn't handle a single anymore. We went back and talked to the first rep because I had a puppy dog that I wanted to sleep with me. The rep made the adjustments and made the coming out and picking up easy. I bought the one that comes up and raises my head up because I've got COPD and the mattress helps immensely when it is raised at the head. The only issue is that the brochure gave me a free pillow with my purchase and it has not arrived or I haven't heard anything about it, but the whole experience has been outstanding.

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your experience with us. Your Bedding Consultants is always available to assist, we look forward to serving you for many years.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I've purchased from Mattress Firm before. This time around I bought a Tempur-Pedic Breeze. It was very pricey but that’s the way Tempur-Pedics are. Mattress Firm has a very good selection, and the representative was very friendly. Overall experience was fine.

Good Afternoon,

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Purchased Stearns & Foster King - South Manor mattress w/ Rize mechanical wireless adjustable base, from S. Lamar Mattress Firm. Sales rep T ** was very thorough and methodical in review of bedding and pricing options. Delivery was on-time and the crew was very considerate and professional. We are satisfied with the purchase of both components. But something to consider when purchasing the mechanical base. The use and feel of the base is different, depending on body length of the occupants. As a couple (6'3" and 5'7") positioning comfort is not the same, and the base does not offer customization. Buyer beware. Knowing what we know now we would not purchase the base again.

Jean,

We are sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced with your mattress. We were able to locate your account. A specialist will review your account and call you for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I bought my full size mattress one year ago, then decided I wanted a Queen. They charged me quite a bit to exchange mattress. Now the mattress is not holding up. I called their warranty dept to tell them the problem, I have to pay 49.95 to have someone come out and take a look at the mattress and then they decided what to do about it. I would never, never buy from this co. again. Their mattress are expensive and their warranty is not what they claim.

Mattress Firm Company Profile