toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new bedding and look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Original review: June 23, 2016

Needed a new bed for our guest room. Went to Mattress Firm. Found one easily and it was ready when we went to get it. Looks and feels great. Awesome customer service!

I ordered my mattress from Mattressfirm.com. They have a 90-day financing option with 0% APR which is what I need since I live paycheck to paycheck. I was only approved for $550. I needed a king size mattress because of my height. The sales guy met my needs with my wants and got me into a bed that I enjoy. I was pleased with this service because it was easy to get approved, order the mattress have good customer service all while eating lunch in my office. And then less than a week later, receive my mattress on my front porch. It was literally effortless!

299 Rte18 East Brunswick NJ - Shopped for a mattress. ** provided excellent customer service. He was able to change delivery date and location even though the mattress was already on the truck. Cares about his customers.

I purchased a mattress from Sleepy's back in 2014. The mattress sagged and the box springs did not seem as good as they were but thought I was stuck with it after going into the store and was told there was nothing that could be done. I then called the manufacturer who assisted me with getting a replacement in 2016. That part was excellent. I picked out a new mattress in March 2016 and it was delivered on March 28, 2016. It seemed okay for a while, then I noticed sagging on the mattress. I called Mattress Firm since they acquired Sleepy's and was told to file a claim. They gave me the number of Mattress Marshals. I called them and they called back about a week later from another state saying they would come to my old address. I told them I had moved so they re-routed my information to my new state.

About a week or two later, I received a call from a rude representative. I told her my schedule was a little hectic, but I would take off to be there. She said "if I call you once and you don't answer I won't come." So I took off but she called me the night before (after 830 PM) saying she had bronchitis and the weather was icy, so she wouldn't make it because she didn't want to risk her life. I asked would it be better to do the self-inspection kit and she said most people do not get their claims approved that way so it was best to have her come out. So I said okay. I called her back to reschedule and we finally had a day set. I turned the mattress around for the sagging portion to be located at the end of the bed after a while because it became uncomfortable to sleep in the indention.

She was to come about 2 weeks later and when I stripped the bed, the sagging rose up again but it still did not feel as firm. I called her back and let her know the update. She said she didn't know if it would be approved now and I should have called earlier because she could've rescheduled with another customer, so she would come out anyway even though she knew it probably wouldn't be approved. That was $40 down the drain. Due to her extremely poor customer service and attitude, I felt she wouldn't be impartial. So I called Mattress Marshals to have the appointment cancelled. I was told I would receive a refund which took over a month after numerous calls.

Now, I still have problems with the mattress shifting off of the box springs and indentions in the actual mattress and I am hesitant to call because the representative said she is the ONLY representative for my area, and I do not want to deal with her any further. I want a fair and unbiased inspection and do not know what to do. I need a quality replacement mattress and box spring since I spent my money on it and it hasn't even been a year. I called Mattress Firm to discuss this but their weather is bad so the call center is closed. I just want to get what I thought I paid for, a good quality mattress.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm was easy to find and easy to get there. I bought a bed that raise the head and the knees. It was my first purchase from Mattress Firm. It wasn't the experience of a lifetime but the sales rep did a nice job. Also, the product is very good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a mattress so I purchased a Sealy Posturepedic from Mattress Firm. They had sheets on sale so I pretty much got the whole bed. The bed is as good as I thought it would be. I had an eight-year-old mattress so it was hard for it not to be better. I waited a little long before I replaced it but it was worth it now that I got the new one from Mattress Firm. Since having the new bed, my shoulders don't hurt from pressure points when I wake up in the morning. It's comfortable to sleep on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I pass by Mattress Firm a thousand times a day and I've used them in the past, so I went with them again and it was a good experience. The sales rep was great. I got a couple of mattresses that I use for my other bedroom. Although I don't sleep on these particular mattresses, they seem to have lasted us a fine time.

Dear Beverly,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case who reach out to you for further assistance.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I bought a mattress at the end of 2014 from Mattress Firm. Paid $1701.62 for a Sealy Posturpedic mattress that started sagging within a year. Several months ago I noticed that one side of the mattress is higher than the other. No one sleeps on the mattress except me and I weigh 130lbs. I called Mattress Firm to find out what to do. First they couldn't pull up the information. Then their computer went down so I had to wait for it to reboot. Finally, I was able to get the information on the type of mattress but was told that they couldn't do anything about it. I would have to call the mattress company. It just seems that as much as I paid for this horrible mattress they could have at least helped me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We ended up exchanging a mattress and when we went back, we were confused because they had changed the name on the stores here in Washington from Sleep Train to Mattress. We thought we had the wrong store, but it's still the same company so that threw us a little. We did the exchange because my husband thought it was too soft for his back which made his back hurt a bit. They took care of it and the new mattress is a lot better.

Dear Scott ,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.Please allow for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: March 14, 2017

On 1/7/17 me and my wife order a new mattress due to her 2 recent back surgeries. We wanted a premium mattress so we purchased one from Mattress Firm in LaGrange GA. When the mattress was delivered their delivery driver left the huge truck out of gear and the truck rolled down my driveway and hit our 2008 GMC Yukon and did $9,500 worth of damage to it! After calling the store that we purchased the mattress from and receiving (NO) help not even a returned phone call we called to local police and had a report done. After the police advised us to contact our insurance company since we couldn't get Mattress Firm's insurance to even call us back after 5 days I turned it over to our own insurance company!

Well it's now 3/14/17 and I still haven't got our Yukon back from the repair shop! The best part of it is the adjustable frame that we purchased an L&P 500 broke after the first night so we call our local store and they sent us another one. 2 weeks later and it too was broken in the exact same place our first one was broken so the store loaned us a very cheap box spring set and ordered us another brand of adjustable frame (Premier Grey Ergo) we received it on 2/26/17 almost 2 months after our original order was placed. Mattress Firms insurance has denied to rent a car for me so I have been renting a car and paying for it myself since Feb 12 and Mattress Firm corporate NEVER has called me to check on me or my family! Worse customer service I have ever seen. Never will I ever buy anything from them again! Not to mention that the mattress total bill was $4,499.99.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought from Mattress Firm before and I was very happy with them. The sales reps were very professional and answered all my questions. This time, I got sheets, pillows, a mattress, and a box spring. They're great. It was a very comfortable bed. I sleep real good and I no longer have backaches. The pillows are nice and firm at night too. They're excellent and I've been recommending the store to my friends. When the time comes that I need a better mattress, I will go back to Mattress Firm.

Brandi,

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and take this feedback very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Should you seek further assistance please let us know and we will have a specialist reach out to you.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I had purchased from Mattress Firm before, and recently I got a queen-sized mattress. The team delivered it fast and they were good at what they did. However, we haven't gotten two of our pillows as there's some problem with getting those transported in. Other than that, it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm's service was good. I'm really happy with my bed, so far. Everybody's sleeping good and we're happy with everything.

Hi Cassie,

Original review: March 13, 2017

I had never been in Mattress Firm before. I thought they were a huge retailer who was only counting sales and that makes me mad because the place, honestly, has the best prices. I walked in, I had a really specific amount of money and I couldn't spend more than that. I also had to have a foam mattress. I told that to the salesman and he quickly whittled it down based on what I was looking for and what my budget was. They were all foam and no hybrids but they still weren't a good fit for me. I was wandering around the store and I tried a bed in a corner which felt really great. I called the salesman over, told him I love the bed but that I couldn't afford it. He pointed to the sign that floor samples were on sale at half the price. It was closer to the range that I could afford.

They kept working with me and they knew their stuff but with all of these mattresses that I was considering, he had to hand me off to another salesperson because of his schedule. A lady stepped in and was at least as knowledgeable as he was. She really stuck with me, talked to me about each of the different beds and what would be what with the different purchases. They're knowledgeable, well-trained on their products and honest. They share what they know and they don't do it like you're being sold. You feel like they're trying to share the information they have that could be helpful to you. I had been at Rooms To Go when they've had a sale sometime during the last couple of months and it was exactly the opposite experience. They couldn't tell me what it was I'd be buying and the lady was trying to tell me that the bed was all foam because they were foam-covered coils. It was really bad.

Mattress Firm is good but I had to stop in a different store to pick up the pillows because the store that I've been to was out of them and I want them to be delivered with the bed. The salesman offered to drive up to the other store but I declined because it wasn't that much farther. When I was in there again, the salesperson was very nice and asked me about my experience. He wasn't trying to sell me anything else but was interested in what I did end up buying and why.

Jerry,

We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your delivery. A specialist has been assigned to your account and will follow up with you for further assistance.

Original review: March 13, 2017

My wife and I purchased a set of mattresses from Mattress Firm on 3/5/17. The set they delivered on 3/7/17 had a flaw in the top mattress and I had to send it back. My wife called the store and they said they would call the warehouse and let them know. She asked how soon we could get a replacement. He told her Saturday because they only delivered twice a week in our area. We thought due to the fact of the mattress being faulty this was a long time to wait. I would think they could have made a better arrangement but we were told it was out of the question. So on Thursday I got a call for the warehouse telling me that our mattress set would be delivered on Saturday 3/11/17 and we would be their first delivery.

I have a bad back so my wife broke down the bed before she left for work that morning. She went online to check the delivery schedule for 3/11/17 and we were not on it. She called the store and asked to speak with Mr. **. He was the salesman who sold us our mattresses and I believe the man's name was Greg. She spoke with told her that Mr. ** would not be in till 10:00 am. He asked if he could help her and she told him she was checking to see if our mattresses were going to be delivered that day. He told her he did not have access to Mr. **'s files to get that information but he would have him call when he came in. Maybe 40 mins. later the same man called me and told me we would not be getting our mattresses that day. I asked why. He said because they didn't have any more in the warehouse and had to order another set.

They had from Tuesday to Saturday and I received a call on Thursday from the warehouse verifying delivery on 3/11/17. Now they say it will be Tuesday. I do not understand. We paid cash for these mattresses. Now we can't seem to get a good set delivered. Am I wrong? Is the customer who was delivered a faulty mattress should they not be a priority? Thanks so much.

Hi Shon,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We are happy that our Bedding Consultant was able to provide you with the information needed to choose the right set of bedding, and we are pleased to hear your delivery went seamless. Customer Satisfaction is our primary goal, enjoy your new purchase! We look forward to serving you for years to come.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Mattress firm was the only company that could get a whole bed to me the next day. And so, I purchased a queen size bed, a mattress, and rails from them. Their sales representative was helpful and friendly. Moreover, their delivery team put the bed together and they were great. Everything went smoothly. The mattress has been perfect and I've been sleeping very well.

Dear Sarah Lee ,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. A specialist has been assigned to your account and will follow up with you for further assistance.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I would never go back to Mattress Firm again. It started in November when I went up to the store in 3rd St S Jacksonville Beach with my warranty and explained to them about my mattress not being comfortable. The rep said that I should call the inspection company and get somebody out to inspect it. I did that and someone from the inspection firm came out. He stated that both the mattress and box springs were defective. He said that he has to take the pictures, measurements, and report up to Mattress Firm and that they'll call me within a week. However, I didn't get a call within a week.

I went up to the store again before Christmas and called the manager of the store. I said to him that I have not heard anything about my mattress and I'm very uncomfortable with it. He then said, "You'll hear something soon. I've never seen anybody have this much trouble." I said I've never had this much trouble before and Stearns & Foster is supposed to be one of the top lines and I expected to get a good mattress. He told me to be patient. I called the warranty department using the number that he gave me and they said the same thing. I said that I have been pretty patient. This has been going on since about the middle of November. Then they said I'll get a letter in the mail but I've never gotten a letter to this day.

Finally after the first of the year, I went up to the store and said something has got to be done. I've had minor surgery and I'm very uncomfortable in my bed and this has been going on since about the first week in November. The rep said he'll see what he can do. He got on the phone and evidently, they told him that I was due to get a new mattress and box springs. He didn't have what I wanted so I went over to the other store here in Jacksonville and picked out a Simmons Beautyrest mattress and so far it's good. I asked the young man who was taking out my old mattress, "What do you do with these?" And he said they'll send them back to the factory and they'll redo them. I hope my Beautyrest didn't go to be one that's been rigged on. I was dissatisfied with Mattress Firm.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife wanted a new mattress so we were out shopping and we walked through the door of Mattress Firm. They greeted us and they started going from mattress to mattress to see which bed we wanted. We got a mattress set and so far, we’re loving it. It was about 15 years since we bought one and we’re highly satisfied with their product.

Hi Lark,

We want to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding your recent shopping experience. We are truly sorry that the service you experienced was less than seamless. We do appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to determine how we might improve our organization and better serve our valued customers.

Original review: March 12, 2017

We just moved and found a mattress online from Mattress firm. And so, we decided to order. While finding the mattress that we were looking for was easy on their website, they did not have a clear number to call in order to get somebody to help you with rescheduling. We realized on the day of the delivery that we weren't going to be in the house. And so, we needed to reschedule the delivery for the following day. Unfortunately, nobody would help me. Instead, they kept sending me to call the wrong telephone numbers. It was a nightmare.

If they have just one 1800 number, then somebody answering that number should have the answers to all the questions. They would be able to direct me to the right person rather than have me spend an hour or two trying to reschedule my mattress delivery. I finally got in touch with the right person and he was able to reschedule the delivery for the following day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales reps at Mattress Firm were very knowledgeable and helpful. They made it easy to choose what we wanted and helped us make sure that we'd made the right choice. We went with the Tempur-Pedic and the delivery was great.

Troy,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm. We are glad our staff was able to create a positive experience for you. We look forward to serving you for years to come - enjoy your new purchase!

Original review: March 11, 2017

Mattress Firm is the closest mattress place to my house and the sales rep who attended to me was very engaging. I bought a mattress and it has met my expectations. But, I'm not sure if it was worth the money because it's too expensive.

Dear Larry ,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new bedding and look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Original review: March 10, 2017

My wife and I visited the Mattress Firm store in Gulf Shores, AL. We were met by Andrew ** who was extremely helpful. Andrew was very knowledgeable, helped us find the product that best met our need at the best price. We would definitely recommend Andrew and the Gulf Shores Mattress Firm store.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a good experience with Mattress Firm. We walked in and their sales reps were nice as is the quality of the product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress Firm's location was convenient to me and I knew where the store was. So, we went in there and we found what we were looking for. Their salesman was friendly and easy to work with. I had it delivered and they set up the bed for me because I also bought a frame with it. Overall, it has been good experience and I would recommend it to my friends.

Dear George,

Original review: March 9, 2017

Purchased a new Tempur-Pedic Elite Breeze adjustable bed. Was delivered a loaner mattress as they didn't have a firm. Three weeks later got our mattress but it was a loaner, not new. Paid 6 grand and feel scammed.

kay,

We are sorry to hear what you experiencing. We would like to address this matter. A specialist will be assigned to your account, who will contact you for further assistance.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Purchased a Sealy posturepedic pillow top mattress Aug 27, 2016 from Sleepy's which is now Mattress Firm (which was in the process of changing when we purchased our mattress). A few weeks later the pillow top started to pull away from the actual mattress. Went to store, was told to call customer service which they told me I needed to buy a kit ($25 which they did waive the cost) to measure my impression, which I explained it was not an impression in the mattress but an imperfection. I sent pictures that were sent to Marshall Mattress, they forwarded them to Sleepy's then to Mattress Firm. I was told the warranty only covers impressions in the mattress.

I proceeded to Sealy's customer service which they told me the same story. PEOPLE, I had a defective product and no one wanted to take responsibility for this product. After about 5 months of going back & forth I finally contacted Better Business Bureau which did get Mattress Firm to tell me I could finally get an exchange. Well, they no longer carry my mattress, so I had to find another one. I paid $800.00 for the original mattress set, but I only had credit for $380 because all of the free products I was told I was given was deducted from the price of the mattress. Free box spring, mattress cover, delivery & pickup of old mattress. Now I am told that was a package deal, never told at the time that my free items would cost me.

So try to find a mattress for $380 which I had to pay another $200 to get a mattress. Not happy with my choice but wanted to get out of this nightmare and away from this store & company ASAP. So buyer BEWARE!!! Be careful of all the free things they give you. It will be deducted from the cost of your mattress if you ever need to return it. Who thought we would have to return a mattress??? Mattress Firm & Sealy do not back their products unless it fits in with the normal conditions, but what about defective products. That pillow top was at least 3" from the actual mattress when we returned it. What aggravation this has been!!! When we stood it on its side when they picked it up it even bulged in the main part, so it was defective.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for shopping at Mattress Firm and sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad you were pleased with our the delivery service and hope you enjoy your new bedding and look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Original review: March 9, 2017

My experience with mattress firm was very positive. We saw something that we really liked among the newer types of mattresses at one of their state fairs in Texas. We were going to Tucson and they didn't have any here. Then, we started talking about Tempur-Pedic mattresses and thought we'd go with that. However, we had the mattress for just four months because we decided it was too hard. So, we went with the softer mattress and we liked that a lot more. The process of switching out the mattresses was very simple. Moreover, the service was great. When we finally made up our minds, they helped us with the whole process and the mattress got delivered quickly. Mattress Firm treated us very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mattress firm was close by and so I decided to buy products from them for our grandchild and our daughter. Their sales representatives and delivery team did a great job.

My wife and I purchased a mattress set from Mattress Firm on 3/5/17. The sales person Mr. Don ** was very polite, courteous, and helpful. Our mattresses were delivered on 3/8/17 but one side of the mattress had a seam coming out all the way down. I had to send it back and I was told it would be Saturday before we could get another set because they only deliver twice a week in our area. I would think that due to faulty merchandise they could bring out another one asap. Thanks So Much.

Maude ,

We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations and are happy that you took the time to share your recent experience with us. Enjoy your new purchase!

Original review: March 8, 2017

My husband likes our mattress because it's new but it's a little bit uncomfortable for me. It's too thin and not like the old-time mattress that you'll find at Zinus. But other than that, it's been a great experience. The salesperson was really nice and I'd recommend Mattress Firm.

Mattress Firm Company Profile