Call toll free
3.78/5
Based on 964 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

Mattress Firm Video
View More View More

2201 Mattress Firm Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

The mattress Mattress Firm is good. We had the same mattress for a while, which is why we ended up getting a new one. It’s comfortable and I really like the adjustable frame. The guy from the store I went to was really nice and was not pushy. I told him exactly what I wanted and he helped me get it. Then their system was down and they kept having to restart, so they ended up handwriting me a receipt and then the system came back up. But this stuff happens. Then the day before delivery, I got an e-mail with all the stuff that was gonna be delivered and the frame was missing. So I called them and the rep said she called the warehouse and they didn’t have the frame. But then they fixed it and it came with the delivery. They called when the delivery team was on their way. Then they got here and they were really nice and quick and they wore those little shoes. Overall, my experience with Mattress Firm was easy going and efficient.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2018

A couple of months ago, I was moving out of my mom and dad’s house into a friend’s house and my queen-size bed would not fit into where I was moving into, so I needed a mattress. The representative from Mattress Firm was very helpful. It took awhile for him to get to me, but once he did, it was a very fast transaction and we found exactly what I wanted in a timely manner.

I ordered a full-size mattress. It was not too soft and not too firm. I was told that it would be arriving sometime in the week. They also said they would drop it off any time and I was gonna pick it up sooner. We couldn’t pick it up on Sunday because I was sick, so I called them on Saturday and asked if I could pick it up on Monday. They said it was fine. Then on Sunday, I had someone who was gonna help me transport it, so I called and told them that. But the person I talked to said that the mattress wasn’t gonna be shipped until Thursday, so I couldn’t get it that Sunday. Then I called back on Tuesday to ask about it and Philip, the nice person that I talked to, told me a different story. Apparently, mattress arrived on Friday. Other than that, everything was great. The mattress was cheap and Mattress Firm got friendly people.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Mattress Firm is the best place to buy good quality mattresses and if I'm gonna buy one, I don’t think I’m going anywhere else. In fact, I have purchased from them five times within the past year. They've always given me exceptional customer service and good quality stuff. I also like their mattresses and they have good quality box springs. They gave me discounts, too, because I was a repeat customer.

But for my most recent purchase, I was extremely disappointed to the point where I felt like calling my bank, quitting the transaction, and getting my money back. My delivery was completely wrong and they had to come and replace the items. I ordered soft mattresses, but I got medium ones. And I got some box spring for a bed that already had a Bunkie board, so I didn’t need the box spring.

I went in and bought something else even after they made a mistake and I talked to Regina about the issue. She told me not to worry and that they'd take care of it for me. She also said they could swap out the box spring for something else or I could return it. I said that I’d talk to my husband then I'd let them know. I called the store the next day and talked to Rue, then Rue was the one that handled it instead of Regina. Rue said that she was sorry but they had to charge me for swapping out the mattresses that they sent that were the wrong type and for picking up the box spring that I no longer needed. Interestingly, when they shipped the items to me, they only charged me half price for delivery because I was a repeat customer. But when they had to take them back, they charged me full price for delivery. My total was two something and the refund was 129. So, that sounded more like $80 instead of $40.

I asked Rue if she was serious that they were gonna charge me for a mistake that their guys made but she said that there was nothing she could do and that I had to call customer service. So, I got charged a delivery fee for the second time. Then, one of the replacement mattresses that they brought was still the wrong type. It was still medium, so I'm gonna take it back.

The mattresses I bought were normally 750 and they were on sale weeks prior. They honored the sale for me because I knew they had been on sale prior. And if they were able to do that, I was wondering how come Rue couldn’t waive the delivery fee for coming and picking up the items. If I were to call customer service and they wouldn’t give me a refund on the delivery fee, that would be disappointing. Still, I like Mattress Firm's line of Tulo Soft Mattresses and that’s why I go back to them. They’re really comfortable, although they’re not the cheapest mattresses.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My daughter had purchased a mattress at Mattress Firm and she was pleased with that so I also got my mattress from them. Their sales rep is great and the delivery team was in and out in out in no time. They also took all the plastic stuff with them. I've had my new mattress for 3 weeks now and I've been sleeping better. I’m satisfied with the mattress that I have.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I made a spring box purchase from Mattress Firm five years ago. There's a Mattress Firm on my way to work and I always drive by it. It was in my mind to go there. I bought a regular metal bed frame which I like it. I wanted something simple and different as I didn’t want some big, old frame. I first went to the store at La Quinta but they only had the ones with the wheels so I was told of another store that had the bed frame I wanted. I didn't want the ones with wheels because I was putting it on bed risers. I called the store first to make sure and the older gentleman that helped me was so nice. I felt very welcome as soon as I called them and when I walked in. They knew who I was and what I wanted. I picked up my purchase and it fit in our truck so it was perfect. I recommended Mattress Firm and I told them I’ll be back soon to buy my mom a bed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: June 21, 2018

I bought from Mattress Firm five years ago and I really liked their bed, so I went back when I needed another one. I got a mattress and box spring and my experience with them was great and very comforting. The sales rep I got was awesome and helpful. When my order was brought here, the delivery team was really nice and didn’t take long. They had a really good personality and they were very friendly. So far, everything’s been pretty awesome and I’m sleeping like a baby on my new bed.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I went to Mattress Firm as my daughter had purchased from them previously. I got the lift, the sheets, the pillows, then I got the king split. Their sales rep was really good. It was a different rep than who my daughter worked with. My daughter wanted us to go through who she had worked with, and he really worked with her and her needs, but we ended up using a young lady and she was really good too. My husband wished that we had chosen a firmer mattress but I like the product quality.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I was with my family and I had been wanting to buy from Mattress Firm for some time. I decided to go ahead and get one. But I'm not sure I like my experience with it because the mattress was too soft. Other than that, the personality of the sales reps was great and I couldn't ask for a better team. They had great information and told me all the things that I could do if I wasn't happy with it.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I enjoyed my experience with Mattress Firm. The salesman and delivery guys were good. The sales rep walked us through every mattress and found out what kind of mattress we would like, and my wife finally decided on one. We purchased an adjustable bed, one king size mattress, and two queen size. The delivery team was courteous and they cleaned up after themselves well. They delivered and picked up the old mattresses. I went back to the store to buy some rails and the same salesman helped me out to make the decision. It was an excellent experience.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I needed a bed and I noticed that Mattress Firm is located across from my brother's house. I went in, knew what I wanted and how much I wanted to spend. The salesman showed me my choices then I made the decision and based it on my budget at that point. It was quick and simple. I purchased a full-sized bed. Overall, I like the price and it included the delivery tax, the whole nine yards. The salesman said he will have the product delivered and I will get a phone call the same day that I purchased towards the end of the day, and that was true.

I got a phone call to notify me that my delivery was gonna be done between 1:00 and 3:00 PM. In fact, the people who made the delivery arrived at least a half hour earlier than when they were supposed to. So that made me more happier. They assembled the unit like they were supposed to. And they asked me if I wanted that way, which wasn't a problem. So everything went quite nice and smoothly. The only thing that I noticed was that the frame is twisted a little bit from one of the edges where it's supposed to support the bed not to go over. But I don't mind that. I'm sure the bed is not gonna collapse on me. And besides that, overall, everything was fine. It was a good experience with Mattress Firm.

Resolution response: June 19, 2018

The company was quick to respond to my concerns! It is my hope that the company can streamline the Customer Service process to the benefit of the customer and their company!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

You know that there is something wrong with a business when Customer Service cannot connect you with the right person to solve your issue. There is definitely something wrong when that business does not return your calls, and they don't let you speak with a supervisor. To top this off, the business “guarantees” receipt of an item within 3-5 days of placing an order. Yet 8 days after the order has been placed, the company cannot even advise whether the item has been shipped. These are among the frustrations that I have encountered in my efforts to deal with Mattress Firm Customer Service. In spite of the fact that their sales rep informed me that I would receive notification and a tracking number when the item was shipped, no such tracking information was ever sent to me.

After contacting the company by chat two days in a row, I am told that I will have to up to 48 hours to find out if the item has shipped, and I am told that I have to wait up to 24 hours to speak to a supervisor. And my efforts to contact the company via telephone have also been fruitless. The recording said that I would receive a callback, but this has yet to happen. Customer service and satisfaction, unfortunately do not seem to be a priority once the company has your money.

Dear Karen,
We sincerely apologize for the delay in receiving your order and would like to help! This has been assigned to a customer relations representative to reach out to you and offer assistance. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Respectfully,

April H.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have my sister living with me and she's 83. We needed a queen size bed for her so somebody donated a new one. That ended up here but I wanted mattress covers on them. I've had some experience with Mattress Hub as my grandson worked for them. However, they didn't have what I wanted. Mattress Firm was the only place I could find the mattress covers that I wanted. They had it in stock in their store. I picked them up, gave their guy my debit card and was done in about 15 minutes.

The mattresses were $109 apiece and were laid out fine. I'll probably go back over there to get three or four more. Their price is as good as anybody's. Mattress Firm treated me right. If I needed to talk to them, their rep is there. He knows his business. Also, they have a nice showroom that is clean and well-lit. I can see everything. Overall, I recommend Mattress Firm.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Mattress Firm was in the area. So, I went and bought got a king size mattress and box spring from them. Their sales rep was fine and my order was delivered on time with no problems. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I got a mattress and the adjustable base from Mattress Firm because of its price. There was no problem with the sales rep and the interaction was fine. The bed is good and everything is great.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had purchased from Mattress Firm previously and compared to that, this experience has been pretty good. We purchased a mattress and got the adjustable frame free. The representatives were very nice, pleasant and very helpful. Although I like to do things in the store, their computers were down and since we weren’t able to do things in the store, I had to have someone from another branch call me. We had to work over the phone, which I wasn’t particularly crazy about, but it worked. The delivery was also right on time and the men were very good.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Originally made purchase of Adjustable queen bed, mattress and pillows on May 28, 2018 and delivery set up for June 2, 2018. Delivery made, but told item could not go up steps because of the layout of townhouse. Went back to store the following day and purchased adjustable split queen since I was told items can be taken upstairs and assembled. Delivery was expected today, but I received the runaround all day. Told delivery expected from 4 pm on.

Well, it is now 9:55 pm and still no delivery. Very disgusted, disappointed, frustrated and angry. Spent the entire day waiting for a delivery, which was never set up. Representative assured us that the delivery would be made today, talk about feeling very deceived. Could not track because apparently some type of error made by the representative. Will be going into the store tomorrow to cancel order and take my business elsewhere. Not how I should be celebrating Father’s Day with my better half.

Dear Kim,

We apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case who reach out to you for further assistance. Thank You

Original review: June 17, 2018

I decided to buy from Mattress Firm because it was convenient. I wanted to buy the Beautyrest Black, but it was a lot more expensive. The Serta iSeries was cheaper so I got that. The sales rep was very nice and the delivery guys were great. But when they started delivering the product, some of the information the sales rep gave us was not accurate. She said that it would fit within my bedframe so I specifically got the adjustable bed that I bought. But when they delivered it, it didn't fit so they took my mattresses away. Later that day, they delivered another one and then there were problems with that. When they were getting ready to leave the second time, I said, “You know what? Let’s try it," before they could go anywhere because we all had to sleep in the guest bedroom. I wasn’t impressed. Also, the sales rep said she was gonna give me or check to see if she could give me some free pillows for all the commotion but I never heard back from her.

There is a disconnect between the delivery and the sales. The delivery guy will say the sales people don’t know what they’re talking about and the sales people will say the delivery guy doesn't know what they're talking about. But in honesty, the delivery guys are the ones that set this up every day. They know which beds fit where and the sales people are trying to make a sale. But other than that, the bed works great. They're supposed to have a 120-day where I can bring it back in if it's not the right mattress for me and I can go from the firm to a soft or medium or king mattresses.

Hi Danny,

We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry for any inconvenience you have encountered with your delivery and service. We were able to locate your account and a Customer Relations Representative will follow up with you to address your concerns.

Original review: June 16, 2018

June 16, 2018. We set out to replace a 19-year-old extra firm innerspring mattress. It had begun sagging in places and generally losing its buoyancy. We were no longer getting good nights of sleep. We started our search reading consumer buying guides and reviews of mattress types. From the positive reviews, we decided to try a gel-infused memory foam mattress. Knowing and having experienced Costco’s customer service practices, we ordered the mattress from them.

We received the new mattress and began our trial sleeping period. Within a few nights it was apparent, going from an extra firm innerspring to a regular-plush foam mattress was not very comfortable. The contributing reasons for the extra-firm mattress, were rooted in past lower back problems. So, we requested a firm version of the mattress, But the comfort factor was still missing. We decided to return the mattress and try the Ghost-bed, another foam mattress but with a higher firmness rating (consumer-reports). Unfortunately, the experience was more of the same. And through these experiences, with a slight hiccup with Ghost-bed, customer service experiences turned out reasonably well, and exceptional with Costco.

That leads to the Mattress-Firm experience. With the importance of this investment, a good night sleep for many years, we abandoned the sight-unseen approach. We visited a few local mattress stores. One of those stores was Mattress-Firm on route 37 in Toms River. We tried a few mattresses within our budget, and decided to try and purchase a very firm Serta or Simmons foam mattress. We were assured by the company’s 120-day sleep trial promise. The salesman Scott, alerted us to what he considered the Cadillac of extra-firm mattresses, a Simmons Legends Garrison extra-firm innerspring mattress.

Testing the mattress in the store, it appeared firm and comfortable, but priced outside our budget. Scott informed us there might be one in the outlet store. He claimed these were new mattresses that may not fit their intended destination or for whatever reason, never used and returned. And he could sell these outlet items at a discounted price. After negotiating a price like the foam mattress, we decided to purchase the mattress. But once the contract was presented, a line item indicated no returns or exchanges. I was baffled, Scott assured us that the quality of this mattress would surpass anything we had experienced. And there was 3-year defect warranty clause which would protect us. Slightly apprehensive, we agreed. Scott informed us that during the delivery if there were any issues with the mattress or box springs, just decline the delivery.

On the day of the delivery, my wife noticed a tear in one of the box springs. Both she and the truck driver took pictures. The truck drivers stated they would get and return with a replacement. Later when my wife called the store to ask about the replacement, she was informed by Ryan, the store manager, that we had received such a good deal, he would not replace the torn defective box spring. He further explained that the practice with used mattresses and box springs, is to be sanitized and repackaged so the company could recoup costs. Wait one minute. We were never informed that we were buying used bedding. In fact, Scott was careful to craft his words that the items were new.

It has been almost 90 days sleeping on the mattress. The very first day, my wife put a cover on the mattress, to protect us and I guess, protect it. After all the hype of the quality of the mattress, I can honestly say, it is not the most comfortable mattress we’ve slept on. The firmness we felt in the store is only in the very middle of the bed. But we can say for sure, Mattress-firm was the most deceptive and least customer service friendly company we’ve experienced. From store manager to sales, there seems to be a culture of sale first mentality. When I visited the store to make my disappointment known about buying a used mattress and paying more than any of other mattresses we tried, Ryan said he would reach out to his regional manager but nothing came of it. And when I called to express a dissatisfaction in the comfort of the mattress, Scott, explained, we are here to help. But both claims rang hollow.

Mattress-firm is a huge disappointment. We would suggest avoiding them. The Better Business Bureau has the overall company rated as a ‘C’. And Consumer reports gives them a decent grade ‘80’ but also notes many customers would purchase elsewhere if they could do it again. There appears to be something inherently wrong in the culture. Wish I had read BBB and CR reports first. Buyer beware.

Dear Gene,

Original review: June 16, 2018

We have purchased mattresses from Mattress Firm in the past. It’s been seven years since the last one. But we had a good experience then, and we saw no reason not to give them a shot and see if they had what we needed when we were ready to get a guest room mattress. We bought it a memory foam for a guest room bed, a Murphy bed, the one that goes up into the wall. We needed something that we didn’t need a box spring and something that could only be 10 inches deep.

When we walked in, we weren’t exactly sure what we were gonna get and the young lady who helped us at the store was great. She went right to this and she said, “This was probably what you’re going to want,” because based on what we’d be using it for and how deep it needed to be, and the fact it did not need a box spring. We just went right on in and she narrowed it down very quickly. She also showed us some other options if we wanted something more traditional, but my husband and I both just went with the one that she said she thought was the best choice and her particular favorite, and we’ve been pleased. My daughter came home from college last weekend and decided she wanted to take a nap on it. She’s so excited to see what we did with this bedroom that used to belong to her brother and she was like, “This is great.”

The guys who came to deliver were professional, efficient and fast. It was an easy installation but still, they were great, polite and took care of it. I was kind of mesmerized by when they took this box out and opened it up, and all of a sudden, they unrolled this real mattress. I was like, “What in the world.” That was my first experience with a memory foam mattress.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Mattress Firm had a good price and we went in the Memorial Day weekend so there was a good sale going on. The sales rep was great, awesome, nice and helpful. We had two kids that were kindergarten and younger with us who were running around the store and he made us feel comfortable. He didn’t rush us then he also offered us something where we could purchase the mattress and then shop around and then cancel it with no penalty if we found a better deal or wanted to call back and price match with them.

We got a double bed and a box spring and got it delivered. There was a hole in the cover of the box spring when it arrived. I saw it and told them right away so they took a picture of it. Then the company called me that night to set up a time to switch it. I felt bad sending it back because I don’t know what they do with their product but you pay all that money and you want to make sure it’s good to start with. They were nice about that and everything went well. My husband was here for the second delivery and it was fine. The bed was for my daughter and she’s sleeping well and likes it so it’s all good.

Original review: June 15, 2018

When a company believes it is OK to deliver a piece of furniture that requires assembly at 10:45 PM, I have serious issues with them. I had waited from 5-9PM and then 6:45-8:45PM for my delivery- as shown on the tracking site. I received a call at 9:40 saying that they were on their way, only to get a follow up call (because I had called 3x with no answer) at 10:45 saying that they were coming. Impossible to reach a human on their phone line, the online chat was not helpful- and they went home at 10pm. I keep getting the run around when I believe after that snafu I should have had my base delivered this morning. NOPE. And the distribution center is only 1 hour from where I live. Beyond frustrated and I promise this hassle is NOT worth any $$ that was saved. Stay away- go to a local business and buy a mattress from someone you can trust and depend on.

Dear Quincy,

We truly apologize for your dissatisfaction. We are here to help. A specialist will follow up with you to address your relayed concerns. Thank you for your feedback

Original review: June 15, 2018

We're near Mattress Firm and we bought a mattress and base from them. The sales rep was helpful and not pushy. The delivery was good as well and it was on time.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was having back pains before so we decided to go for a firm mattress. We went in to the Mattress Firm store one day and looked around. Then two or three days later, we went back there again and we were welcomed with open arms. We liked the price and the salesman at Mattress Firm. The salesman was very informative and helpful, and he answered all of our questions. I could not ask for a better salesman. We purchased a memory foam mattress and my husband picked it up with his truck. The mattress we got is helping out a lot. It was a very good experience we had with Mattress Firm.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My wife and I were looking to replace our mattress and had tried a few stores. When we entered Mattress Firm (Lady Lake Fl) and were greeted by Monique we felt we were in good hands. Within 15 minutes she had given us choices based on what we told her, she explained the differences and gave us a great deal. Highly recommend Monique.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We bought a complete set of bed from Mattress Firm about a year ago (6/10/17). The agent was very helpful and nice and gave us discounts. The problem is, last week, when we tried to file for a warranty replacement, we are being denied and was told that floor models are not covered by the warranty. They told us that the mattress we bought was a floor model, when in reality, it is as BRAND NEW as it can be. It was even replaced 2 days after it was delivered because the guys that delivered it accidentally ripped one side of the mattress cover. If they were able to replaced it, how can it be a floor model??? We are still paying for the charges and no one, in any of their departments will help us. One of the agents I talked over the phone even have the guts to offer us a 20% off to purchase another mattress. WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Dear Beatriz

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case who reach out to you for further assistance.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I'm a student on a scholarship and when I came here in Arizona, the first thing that was well-known for me was IKEA. I and a couple of friends bought mattresses and beds there when we first started at the university but all of the mattresses broke. The springs broke and the bed frames themselves were broken after a period of time. I needed to get something that was tougher than IKEA’s, so I went with Mattress Firm. They are a well-known mattress place in Arizona and every time I went on YouTube, Mattress Firm’s ad hit me up since I was searching for mattresses.

I went to their place and it was a better place to buy from. I got the mattress, the bed frame and some sheets, plus I got mattress protection. The sales rep that I dealt with was Michael. He was knowledgeable and helped me with everything because I purchased three items from his store, and he purchased two other items from another location because they didn’t have them in his store. He waited until I got the delivery from the other store so he could send out the guys to install the bed. It was all cool. The delivery of the products were on point and the guys knew what to do. They didn’t cause a lot of noise. They did the job, got in and got out really quick. I’d recommend that people get their first beddings from Mattress Firm because they serve customers in the best way and they have good products.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Mattress Firm sales rep explained all the different options and what we would all need for it. He was also pushing for the mattress protector because you want to keep your mattress good for as long as you can. The queen mattress is for our spare bedroom and then the twin the size is for our son who seems to enjoy jumping on it. The first delivery was good and the delivery team assembled the frame and then got everything put exactly where we wanted it. But on the second time for the twin size, they didn’t wear their little booties so they tracked in tree stuff throughout the house. And then the box spring for the twin was warped so they’re gonna be coming on the 24th to replace it.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Went to the Memorial Day sale because I thought I could get a good deal. Deal was, if you buy king, pay for queen, buy queen pay for full... etc. After looking around and getting good customer service from the salesman, decided on a queen size bed from Sleepy’s very comfortable. Cost for full $1150. Seems like a lot. Buying queen paying full. Also you get an adjustable base for free, supposedly... applied for credit no problem. Mattress came a week later on time and friendly delivery guys. But mattress seems small, I’ve been sleeping on queen beds for 20 years and this is smaller than standard queen size. Did online search and queen beds are supposed to be 60x80 inches but mine is about 57x78. I bought a queen bed frame from Craigslist put it together and mattress looks like a full or double. Not Queen mattress.

Lots of space around the frame open. Called Mattress Firm who said check tag, if tag says 59x79 then it’s a queen mattress. It does but that’s not 60x80. Obviously they are shorting the mattresses and selling them as full queen beds. I’m not happy so I ask about return, which they say I can do but can’t return “free adjustable base”. If you return the mattress they now charge you $500 for the “free” adjustable base... plus 10% restocking fee. Loss of $600 on a $1150 bed? WTF? Of course they say they sold me a queen mattress, but they also sold me a queen mattress cover and it’s way too big for the bed. They said must be miss-labeled mattress cover. Not bed size. I called my lawyer who said it’s a least deceptive business practices and maybe fraud. But he said they are probably just inside the line of being legal. And he would look into it but was not sure if anything could be done.

When buying from these people BE VERY WARY OF DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES. The “free” adjustable bed base guarantees they make $500 or $600 regardless of whether customers keep the mattresses or not. I can’t afford to lose $500 so I’m keeping it but I had to cut my queen size frame down to fit my new queen mattress. Pictures are of mattress cover that is queen size and does not fit, also pictures of mattress and my queen bed frame also of space between frame and mattress. Last picture is my bed after I cut the headboard to fit the mattress.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.Please allow for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I purchased a mattress and adjustable base from Mattress Firm last week. The store manager Melissa was great. As wrapping up our transaction she informed me of delivery dates. I chose Sunday. I work six days a week with Sunday being my only day off, it would work just fine. We called Sunday to get an idea of a time for delivery. The delivery team showed up within the hour they said they would have. This delivery crew had No respect of person or property. First they informed me they wouldn’t take my old mattress away. While one was on the phone arguing with dispatch whom I can hear saying, "Take the mattress". The other decided it was wise by himself to start moving in the adjustable base.

I gave him a clear path to my master bedroom via my deck rather than fighting around hallways and doors, the deck gave a solid and safe route to the master bedroom. He chose to come through the home. Heavy as it is he dropped it. Cracked a tile and chipped another. The other delivery guy at this point came to help. They moved the old mattress against the wall as they laid in the base. They yelled out to me and asked for a hammer. Yes a hammer. To which I gave them a hammer. They then started hitting the new frame to “tweak” it. From the living room I could hear beating of a hammer against metal. I rushed in to ask “fellas what’s going on”. They stated it won’t align and they must tweak it. Very unhappy at this point.

I stated, "If it’s damaged let’s contact the store, I do not want a damaged unit." They said I would not even notice it. At this point they handed me the remote and told me my job was to install the batteries and suggested I do it in another room. I’m furious. I prompt my wife to contact the store. Not letting them out of sight at this point. I see the one starting to pick up additional hardware and trying to hide it. I asked what it was to? He stated he wasn’t sure. At this point one is hammering my frame, the other goes and gets the king size mattress himself and decided it’s a good idea to bring it in himself. Sliding across the driveway and the deck he struggles and hits everything in site including my Anderson storm door. Lays it in the door way and goes to check on the other guy.

At this point my storm door is busted. I snapped a picture with my cell phone of the new mattress halfway through the door. And the storm door damage. The frame is now finally tweaked enough that they were able to align the bolts to attach the two ends. They throw the new mattress on top and start taking pictures as if everything is good. Still not connected to the store or a manager at this point: I see a long thread coming from the end of the mattress on the top (like it was caught on something at one point). As I pull, it starts unthreading. They instructed me to just cut it and it should be fine once the sheets are on it. At this point I asked why they don’t use safety mats and use both of them while moving the merchandise They just keep quiet and take the old mattress out.

Still waiting for the store. I have one of them sneak back up the steps and he threw a “red mat” on the ground and proceeded to take multiple pictures of this mat on my deck as if they used it this whole time. I asked what he was doing and he stated it’s our policy to use the mat when moving the stuff. I’m floored and now yelling “then why didn’t you and why are you taking pictures as if you did!!!” Quickly grabs his cell phone and prompts me to quickly sign!

I refuse and ask to talk to his manager. Store just picks up. He can hear me talking to the store and they hopped in the truck and left. I have a screen door broken, a cracked tile and a chipped tile. A damaged new mattress, a damaged adjustable frame and a damaged wooden frame. The amount of disrespect and deceiving of this company is repulsive. Never again. Never ever again!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Mattress Firm is not far from my house and I knew the delivery was not gonna be too big of a deal. I had always kept driving by and they were running a special where you’d get a king for a queen size buy. The first time I went there, I went in by myself to browse and the woman I dealt with didn't really try to just put me on any mattress. She let me walk through the store and try out the different mattresses. She was able to give me information about each one that I was drawn to. I told her what I needed and what my husband’s needs were, and she explained to me the difference in the colors on the different beds, from the firm to the soft and the medium. I told her about my back problems and she let me know that there was one particular bed I was sitting on that wouldn't give me the support that I needed. I knew what I wanted so my experience with Mattress Firm was easy. The delivery was also quick, fast and easy.

Mattress Firm expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Founded in 1986, the retailer Mattress Firm is committed to providing sleep solutions that will help their customers live healthier and sleep better. Consumers can shop Mattress Firm online or at one of their 2000 locations across the United States.

• Selection: Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses, so consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of their showrooms.

• Special financing available: Financing offers are always available, and they can include zero percent APR for up to five years for qualifying consumers. Check with your local Mattress Firm to find out what financing options and specials they currently have.

• 90-day payment option with no credit required: Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Adjustable beds: In addition to selling mattresses from top brands, Mattress Firm also sells adjustable beds with additional features like massage and wireless control.

• Commercial sales: Mattress Firm can assist you with your commercial sales, whether you’re a school, hospital, government agency, interior decorator, hotel operator or other business that needs to buy mattresses in bulk.

• Best for: Mattress Firm is best for commercial sales and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information