3.21/5

Need a good mattress?

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

2630 Mattress Firm Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 15, 2019

I purchased the Sealy Relax Pillowtop mattress, box spring and frame from Mattress Firm last July. When the product was delivered the pillowtop did not reach both sides of the mattress. I had just moved and have three kids so super busy so I thought I would give it a try. The mattress seemed comfortable at first but the pillowtop has been bunching up in areas making the mattress very uncomfortable.

I went through the numerous steps and uploaded a bunch of pictures as they require and they are not covering it saying it's normal wear and tear. I haven't even had the bed 9 months. My past 2 beds were pillowtop and they lasted for years but they think 9 months is ok. Horrible experience, will never purchase from them again. Beware if you buy from them and don't expect any type of warranty on your expensive purchase as beds are not cheap.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased a queen mattress/box spring on 3/22/19. The salesman "threw in" 2 pillows which were $100 each. He also "threw in" the $100 frame. I was assured that if I wasn't happy with the purchase in 30 days that I could return it. I was made aware of a restocking fee and a pickup fee. What I wasn't told was that they expect me to pay for those FREE items. They said that I am not keeping with my side of the deal. They will NOT let me return the frame, I have to pay for it and the 2 pillows. The salesman NEVER mentioned this at all. So I will be paying approx. $650.00 for 30 days on their mattress. I'm returning it because it's making my shoulders hurt. BUYER BEWARE!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Upfront I will admit that we have had two horrible mattress experiences, one with Jerome's in El Cajon, CA and the other with Mattress Firm in La Mesa, CA. On both occasions my wife and I STRESSED that we DID NOT want a mattress that would leave us with valleys to sleep in and both times that is exactly what we got. We are both in our 70s and deserve a good night's sleep. Jerome ** guaranteed that the Mattress Firm mattress would be great. NOT! Of course it was great for the first five or six months but after that - junk! We are seriously considering making signs "We Hate Our Mattress" and walking the sidewalk in front of the store.

Original review: April 1, 2019

The staff is excellent, Laural & Bill in the Hammond Store went out of their way to find the perfect mattress I purchased there last year for my daughter only to find it was discontinued... Bill sold me one close to it but was disappointed so I canceled the sale out since I wouldn't be able to get the Clairmont that I loved. They worked with me effortlessly & was extremely patient with me.... especially Laural. I was sorry that we could not find that perfect mattress but they went above & beyond to please me.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Purchased a Jennings Hybrid Plush at MATTRESS FIRM August 2018. In January of 2019 this mattress sags on both sides. Called Mattress Firm. Said I could take 12 pictures and claim a warranty or they would send an inspector out for $79.99. Sent in Pics. Received an Email stating they did not cover FLOOR MODELS! Paid $129 for 5 year warranty but did not apply. Mattress Firm gave me a number to call in Florida. Third party inspector said the mattress should be replaced. Received Email stating it came within 1/4 inch of being under warranty. Mattress Firm went CHAPTER 11 and closed 200 stores due to shoddy business OCTOBER 5 2018! LOOK IT UP ON GOOGLE FOR YOURSELF!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I placed an order through Mattress Firm's chat service on March 15th. I was receiving bits and pieces of my order but missing the bulk of my order. Being a patient person, I allowed plenty of time (nearly 2 weeks) to pass before contacting Mattress Firm about the missing items. They asked me to allow 48 hours for them to get a response from their vendor, (Classic Brands). So two days later, a representative told me that my items were not in stock and my order was canceled. She also said someone was supposed to contact me about this but that didn't happen. Now I have to wait 7 more days for them to refund the account. This is such a disappointment. Now I'm left with bed rails and no mattresses.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We went to Mattress Firm here in Great Falls, Montana to buy a new Tempur-Pedic mattress for our master bedroom. There are several mattress stores here in town but what sold us was the “120 night sleep trial” and then when we got there the salesman Zachary told us that they have a 365 day happiness guarantee so we thought even better. We were looking to purchase the Tempur-Pedic Cloud-Luxe which is a very expensive mattress but they didn’t have it. We were told by the salesperson that the Tempur-LuxeAdapt was the new version of Cloud-Luxe. This couldn’t be farther from truth, there is nothing LUXE about this bed.

We were NEVER told that the 365 day happiness guarantee was in fact an exchange ONLY policy and that they do NOT give any refunds. Our salesman Zachary was new to the job but he had another salesman Wes there training him and NEITHER one of them told us we couldn’t return it if we were not happy. So what happens when you buy the most expensive mattress that they offer? Well you downgrade and lose the difference or you keep what you bought that you are not happy with, guess there really is no happiness guarantee in this case. So make sure when you walk out of Mattress Firm with a purchase you know what ALL the conditions are. So we threw 4400.00 out the window, and now will have to buy something else from someone else. We will not buy from Mattress Firm again. The convenience doesn’t outweigh the so called guarantee.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have bought three separate mattresses from Mattress Firm (formerly Sleepy's)... I admit that it's convenient and if you negotiate hard you can get a good price I (never accept their first offer). But I have been disappointed three times in a row... the last time today. I ordered a new box-spring and on the phone said my building required an insurance certificate. The woman said no problem. I sent her via email all of the information well in advance and she said she would take care of it. Needless to say when the delivery came it turned out that they had never ordered the insurance certificate...and I was fined by my building.

When I called the 800 number, the only way that you can get a live person is by saying you want to place a new order. They took no responsibility for their mistake and basically it was "oops". I am going to return the product because they don't deserve my business. I will probably end up paying a bit more but hopefully the customer service will be better some other place.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Mattress Firm in North Bergen, N.J. was very helpful and understanding of our needs. Mr. Thomas ** is a knowledgeable excellent salesman, he help us with every question and concerns we had. We will keep this company for any future purchases and will also recommend it to family and friends. To Mr. ** thank you so much for all your help, excellent customer service!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

When we first purchased our mattress and box spring, it was from Sleepy's and they were bought out by Mattress Firm. We paid a lot of money on this set, close to $2000 at that time, and we found out it was under warranty. So we had to go to Mattress Firm to get our replacement. What we purchased in replacement was a foam mattress because the sales guy told us it was better than springs. Well here we are 2 years later filing another claim for a sagging mattress and a extremely noisy box spring. Literally 2 months back and forth with claims via email, more pictures, more angles, box spring has to be on the floor, please take a video, need a better video. OMGOSH! Seriously?

I had to finally call them after they "approved" me for an exchange for 80.00. What? Once I got someone on the phone after hitting a gazillion prompts to connect to a HUMAN I was told by a very heavily accented woman named "Amanda" that the mattress has to have a sag of 1.5" before they will approve that and that I got approved for the box spring replacement. First of all, do you know how deep 1.5 inches is? My pictures proved that is was, but they said on their end it was not. Whatever, I am so done with Mattress Firm, there is a reason they went bankrupt! The first thing they write on their letterhead is Customer Satisfaction and product quality are top priority at Mattress Firm. As with other reviews, this is a bunch of bologna!

Original review: March 11, 2019

Mattress Firm has terrible customer service and does not stand behind their products! I purchased a mattress/box spring set paying $1800 in 2018 in North Carolina. Just one year later the mattress sags on both sides and at the corners. The sag marks are clearly visible and create terrible backaches. The box spring is also clearly defective with one corner totally void of and support structure.

I went to the local Mattress Firm store but was given the runaround and told to file a claim online with the manufacturer. What a nightmare that was getting all the required photos and specifications before even submitting the claim. My mattress claim was denied, but the box springs was deemed defective. I was told it would be replaced but I would have to pay for removal of the old box springs and delivery of the new one! I already paid one delivery charge so in essence, I am stuck with a bad mattress and the box springs will cost me $158 when it was supposed to be replaced for free. I'm not spending another dime for shoddy products and terrible customer service. Run don't walk away from this company!

Original review: March 8, 2019

6 months after getting our Mattress Firm bed the two front legs blew right off digging into our 8 month old floors. I called Mattress Firm. They referred me to Leggett and Platt who warranties the bed frame. Repairman came and replaced the legs and noticed the two legs that did not break were very loose as if they had never been tightened properly. I was told to call Leggett and Platt about my floor damage after the warranty repair. Leggett and Platt told me that Mattress Firm is responsible as they sold me the bed and also delivered and installed it.

Called Mattress Firm back and was asked to send pictures of the damage which I did. 2 large punctures and a 6 inch very deep scratch. 3 days later they called back and offered me a bed accessory to make up for the damage to my floor!!! A TV remote holder for massive damage to my new floors. I don’t even feel comfortable having this 5k dollar bed on the floors now as it will break again and ruin the floors again after I repair the damage already caused by bad design and bad install. Taking them to court is my only option now.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I needed a mattress very bad. Not just any mattress but the adjustable. I first called and spoke with April **, she listen and gave some ideas for me to think about. Yesterday, I went in the store and spoke with April **. She really showed me all types of mattress. She was awesome and she showed that she care. I rate her the number one salesperson. I will definitely refer friends and family to Mattress Firm in Vacaville, Ca. Thank you April ** for all your help!!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I purchased my mattress a few months ago. I had a problem with it sliding from side to side. I thought it might have to do with the bed skirt I had on it but I finally removed it... Had to actually tear it off as the mattress is too heavy for me to remove any other way. Anyways it didn't help the situation. When I called the Hanover, MA store about it they mentioned putting rubber sheeting between the mattress and stand. This still didn't help. It probably slides about 3 to 4 inches at night but it's a hassle to move it every morning and I'm afraid one of these days I'll actually fall off the bed. I'm well into my seventies so this is a big possibility. The people at the store were not willing to deal with it and say it's never happened before but now that I see all the one star ratings I only wished I had checked here sooner.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I had nothing but good things to say about the experience in the store and at a Home and Garden show where Mattress Firm was on display. I was able to get the product I wanted and am happy with the mattress and the adjustable base. As far as the delivery service that Mattress Firm uses out of Robbinsville, NJ, I would rate them a negative if it was a choice.

The first day, they refused to bring the mattress upstairs as they said it was frozen. The next day, they ripped the mattress on the way up against our banister. The salesperson said he never heard of the mattress freezing and agreed that the delivery men were just lazy. Of course the next week when a new mattress was delivered, they brought it upstairs with no problem. My biggest complaint is that one of the delivery men stole our newspaper. As little as that may seem, what if I didn't watch them in the bedroom and they stole jewelry. I have him on video and was told that Red Carpet Delivery would contact me within 2 days. It has now been 4 days. If you care about the delivery from Red Carpet, watch like a hawk.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I bought a mattress, they did not bother to tell me about it being on backorder. I cleared my entire schedule for delivery BUT was NEVER contacted about it. When I called customer service they put me on hold 6 times for over 40 minutes, only to tell me it was on backorder and wouldn't be available for another 8 days. They offered me a free pillow! No apology, no help for my purchase. They only answer/excuse, sales did not know it was on backorder, I call **! BAD BAD BAD service and NO solution, I am still without a bed for at least another 8 days!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I bought 3 sets of mattresses from Mattress Firm. I currently have a king mattress which is sagging so I called them. The guy at customer service said to take a couple pictures of the mattress and go on-line to submit them with the warranty claim. I drive 150 miles to my condo to take the pictures as he instructed. When I log in to submit them I find that I have to take certain photos with their measuring item in them. I also need to take the king size mattress off and take pictures of the box springs and frame. I don't want to drive 150 miles and 3 hours to retake pictures due to their failure to inform me of the pictures I needed from the start.

Customer service won't help. Only says I need to file the proper pictures or pay $80 to them to have a third party respond out to take them. This is poor customer service to not stand behind their product or help me out since their customer service rep gave the wrong info. I don't think a major company would go broke to forget the $80 fee for one of their employee's errors. Or just replace the mattress without the photo of the box springs since you can clearly see the sag in the mattress in the photos I have taken.

When I try to talk to customer service about the issue they say go online to take care of the warranty. When I say I will pay the $80 to have them come out to take the 3 photos for me she tells me to go online to file the claim. I don't know why Mattress Firm is paying people to be in the warranty department when they don't help you, won't take the request to have them respond out to take the photos and only keep saying go online. What a waste of money to pay people for nothing.

Resolution response: March 1, 2019

I did a Review of Mattress Firm 2/27/19 with ONE Star. I have attempted to Update that Review but can't. I am changing my overall Rating to 3 Stars. Today, 3/1/19, Robert **, our salesman came out on his own time and he and I figured out how to attach the 2 L & P bases to our headboard. Robert was VERY GRACIOUS and it indeed requires TWO people to accomplish this task and he and I managed to get it done - more to his ability than mine as I am older. He personally is worthy of 5 stars. He came out on his own time and without company compensation.

TL Logistics still deserves less than ONE star and I would personally not buy anything from anyone who uses TL Logistics Delivery Service out of Greenville, SC. I will be writing a review on just TL Logistics as soon as I can ensure I have the absolute correct name. They deliver for Mattress Firm in Spartanburg, SC and other furniture companies and possibly other retail stores who provide delivery of their products.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Bought 2 L&P Adjustable Bases, King Beauty Rest Mattress from MF of Spartanburg and just had delivered. Mattress has mark on it. No biggie, I guess since it will be covered. Delivery by TL Services of Greenville, SC. Delivery HORRIBLE! Guys not only had NO idea how to connect and synchronize the 2 Bases but actually argued that it could NOT be done and have both remotes work. WRONG!!! I called L&P in the Delivery Guys presence and they said - "Of Course, they CAN!" Salesman had ASSURED us delivery would attach our headboard to the bases and remove old frame. NOT! Two delivery guys said they had 12 deliveries today and they needed to leave. Told them if they couldn't program correctly, take back and put ours back on bed.

Called Robert **, our salesman, and reminded him I had told him before purchase I HATED misunderstandings so ensure that delivery included attaching our headboard to bases, synchronizing the 2 remotes, showing us how to program the remotes for the various settings, removing the old mattress and box springs, etc. "Absolutely" he assured us! Well, here we are. We can return and start all over somewhere else - or "Suck it up"! He (Robert) initially said bases would be connected to our headboard if he had to come out himself and do it. NOW, 3 hours later, he can't come out for "Legal reasons" as a MF employee. And he didn't know it but TL Contract Services had changed their policy on attaching headboards as they had damaged one recently. Had to pay for it, and decided they would NOT touch customers furniture in the future!

Hope MF can stay in business on ONE sale per customer. Lastly, I'm a big Amazon fan! I could have ordered these L&G bases and mattress for less money; had free delivery to my door; purchased for less; and then used my Amazon Card for a 5-10% CREDIT back to my Amazon account. BUT, I thought I might should buy something this expensive locally so if ANY problem came up, I could just call Robert at my local Mattress Firm and it would be taken care of! So much for that logic!!! BTW, I called L&P while installers on site. VERY HELPFUL! Great product! L&P 5 Stars! M. Firm 3 Stars. Delivery by TL Services NEGATIVE STARS!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This is the first time my husband and I have done business with Mattress Firm and for sure will be the last. We went to them for our first new mattress and had a budget so we thought we would get a good deal. The one we bought was good one but the service we had to deal with was ridiculous. We paid $1100 for this bed and was to have it delivered on a day we was off work. They had called and rescheduled the delivery on two different weeks cause supposedly their delivery truck broke down.

So the third week we was to get it on a Tuesday and our salesman said they would refund our delivery fee because of all the hassle of the rescheduling. He also said they would take our old mattress when they brought the new one. All of that was lies. My husband and I had everything moved and ready and the old bed out so it would be easy for them to bring the old one in. They brought it in and said they couldn’t take the old one cause we took it out of the room! Really?? They said that’s their “rule”. Funny how Tyler our salesman didn’t speak a word of it. And of course we wasn’t refunded our delivery fee for all the **. So thanks a lot mattress firm, we will never do business with you again and sure as hell not recommend you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I ordered a mattress through their online chat for the president's sale. Was told that the mattress would be shipped so it would arrive on March 8th (so basically Adeline, the lady I talked to said she would tell shipping to hold the order until it gets shipped out on a day that would time it perfectly to arrive on the 8th. She assured me twice that this won’t be an issue). Well, the next day I checked the tracking and it showed that it would arrive February 28th, so a week before I even move into my apartment. I called the hotline, left my phone number twice for a call back but was never called back. On the chat I was told then that they had already sent out my mattress. I asked for an immediate cancellation of the order. I was told I would receive a cancellation email within 24 hours. This was on Friday. It's now Monday evening and I still have yet to receive a cancellation email.

Also I was told on Friday that they requested the sales person to cancel the order. Then on Sunday when I asked about this again, I was told that FedEx was already in possession of my items. The lady requested FedEx to return the items so my cancellation could be processed (why hasn’t this already been done on Friday when I asked for the cancellation?). I waited until today and did an inquiry again. This time I was told that one of my mattress is back on its way to the manufacturer as requested but my other item is still on its way to me. Like what the hell! First of all this was your guy’s fault that this happened but then I have to be on top of the cancellation process, literally checking on it every single day to make sure that the items are actually being returned so I can get my money back. Super frustrated, I just want my money back and be done with this place.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Advertised on website if you order within certain hours, your order “Arrives in 3-5 business days”- FALSE! I placed an order on 2/19/19 timestamped 9:20AM, I received Fedex confirmation that it will arrive on 2/28/19. This is close to 8 business days!!! Will never buy from this company again!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Overall I've had a horrible experience with Mattress Firm. From the delivery being charged on me without notice to a misleading sales agent saying the a bed frame would be included with every purchase no charge. I have phone conversations and also emails between the salesperson and I confirming there would be no restock, no delivery charge, pick up charge or administrative fees if I was not happy with a purple mattress I bought. Mattress came with a special event sales giving customers supposedly a free mattress base. The sales person repeatedly told me that I was to keep the base. It was not returnable. There would be no charge for it and that I had at least a hundred and twenty nights to enjoy the mattress. If I found a mattress to be uncomfortable I could return it for a full refund. The adjustable bed base would be mine to keep.

At no time did the salesperson tell me Mattress Firm would deduct the price of the base if I returned the mattress. I consider this serious business fraud. Never was it pointed out to me in writing or otherwise that the price of the base would be charged to me if the mattress was returned. I have emails between the salesperson and I stating there would be no fees charged or retained if the mattress was returned. The correspondence also states I would get my full 100% refund. Please don't do business with this fraudulent company. The sales agents are out to make a sale and do not care about the customer. They are not trustworthy. It is no wonder why this company has filed for bankruptcy. All I want is to return ALL the merchandise and get 100% refund as promised. I WOULD GIVE THIS COMPANY ZERO STARS IF THAT WAS AN OPTION!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

As a consumer, how comfortable the bed would be was not the only selling point. The other selling point was making promises and being assured that those promises are kept. The sales rep clearly stated we would get headboard brackets and that they would be installed. However, this did not happen. Our bed was delivered December 11, 2018. The person who delivered and set up the bed had no knowledge of the brackets so they did not bring any. We phoned the sales rep that we were working with and he promised he would order them and have them delivered and installed. A week or so later the brackets were scheduled for delivery but we weren't going to be home. The person who was to deliver them said they could not leave the brackets on the porch. So they were sent back.

After countless times on the phone with customer service, we got nowhere. We went into a store and they ordered them for us. When we went to pick them up, they were the wrong size. Again, on the phone and again another delivery of the wrong brackets. We now have 2 sets of brackets that we cannot use; the salesperson said use them as book ends and he would send the correct ones and would be delivered on 2/16/19. We waited and waited...we did not get a delivery. We feel that once a bed was sold, it was not important enough for them to keep their promises. A promise that actually got Mattress Firm the sale of a bed that costed over 3K. We have a good bed but cannot use the headboard and very unhappy with the company!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I bought an Extra-firm mattress in Mattress firm in Port Chester shop on last March. But just a few months later, it already has hole in the middle of the bed (just one person used). I went to the shop where I bought it. The salesperson don't want to help to resolve the problem. He sent you to the customer service center. I took the pictures as they asked. You can see there is 1.5 inch dent in from the photos. But they said it meet the factory standard. They don't exchange the faux mattress for you. The message they gave you is that they don't take any responsibility on their merchandises as long as they are out of their door. Stay away from them. You will be away the nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Bought a $949.99 mattress and in less than 2 years starting breaking down. Went to store with paperwork and was sent back home and told to handle the warranty online myself. Very hard to deal with this procedure, took a couple calls and emails to get results. It’s like they try to make you never to want to deal with them again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I am now forced to deal with, yet again ANOTHER DEFECTIVE MATTRESS from SLEEPY’S/MATTRESS FIRM... We are on our THIRD mattress after the first TWO were deemed "defective" by a third party inspector and consequently returned/exchanged. I cannot even begin to describe the physical/mental anguish both my wife (140lbs) and I (210lbs) have endured since purchasing our 1st mattress from Sleepy's nearly 10 yrs ago. Make/Model of Current Mattress: BeautyRest Phenom Crossover. Size: King. Price: $1,500.00

Even with proper rotation the integrity of the mattress began to deteriorate shortly after the first year and has gotten progressively worse. Now in year 3, the mattress has lost all support and is virtually UNBEARABLE TO SLEEP/LAY ON. The mattress completely envelopes your entire body sinking no less than 4” along the perimeter and up to 6” closer to the center essentially thrusting your body like a sinkhole into the center of the bed and onto your partner as if you were laying on a slope/angle resulting in countless sleepless nights, chronic back/joint pain.

Although body outlines/indentations are visible of both our bodies in the mattress, given its "pillow top" style, the gel foam ultimately masks the severe manufacturer's defects (support/sinking) and returns the mattress on the surface to an "acceptable" sag of less than 1.5" likely resulting in our claim being denied/declined.

I am unsure if I can stomach and/or am willing to endure yet another warranty battle when I simply wanted nothing more than to get what I paid for originally... A good night sleep on quality mattress that lasts more than 3yrs! Hopefully Mattress Firm/Sleepy’s will see this post, do what is right and willing to quickly resolve this matter. Will update post as appropriate.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Got a bed for the second time in less than 1 year and it has given me nothing but backaches. First one did the same thing so I exchanged it for another one. Not happy spending $1200 for something that gives me restless nights.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have no complaint with my >3000$ Beautyrest mattress/boxspring/frame that we purchased a month ago at Mattress Firm in Pittsburgh. So far, the mattress has been quite comfortable. My complaint is that with a mattress set of this expense, I was surprised to find that Mattress Firm charged us 100$ for delivery. Maybe I am expecting too much, but it seems that with a purchase of this amount, delivery should have been free. I am sorry that I didn't just refuse to pay delivery and see what happened! Try that, is my advice to anyone buying there.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I purchased a Serta IComfort mattress for my daughter less than a year ago and it's falling apart. I contacted mattress firm about the warranty and because they sold me a mattress without a law tag they refuse to replace the mattress. They take no blame in selling me a mattress and not honoring the warranty. I will never shop there again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Extremely frustrated with the lack of customer service this company has. My wife and I bought a mattress at the state fair of Texas September of 2018 with the "120 day guaranty" and had our mattress delivered after giving the mattress 45 days like they told us so it would break in. We decided to contact our sales rep Parker ** on November 19 2018. At 1st it went well then the excuses started coming. We decided to go with the Victorian so Parker ok'd to deliver December 8 2018 then he said that they couldn't deliver on the 8th of December and would get back to us. Text us again and said the Victorian was hard to find and wouldn't be able to exchange. He said he could deliver the Victorian on January 5th with a 2 hour window.

January 13th Parker texts that the Victorian is not going to be in stock to deliver so he offered to exchange another mattress or give a refund we chose a refund. So Parker was supposed to set up a pick up and start the refund process on the 27th of January. It never happened and he will not return my text messages now. I have called customer service and keep being promised that a supervisor will contact me within 24 hours. I'm still waiting for the 1st attempt to call me when I called on the 27th to have this resolved. I would not recommend to purchase anything from this company. Also in good faith of the refund I purchased another mattress and I'm stuck with this one. I will definitely escalate this beyond the company and involve anyone who will resolve this with me. My conversations with Parker ** are all text messages so I'm can confirm all of this.

Mattress Firm expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Founded in 1986, the retailer Mattress Firm is committed to providing sleep solutions that will help their customers live healthier and sleep better. Consumers can shop Mattress Firm online or at one of their 2000 locations across the United States.

• Selection: Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses, so consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of their showrooms.

• Special financing available: Financing offers are always available, and they can include zero percent APR for up to five years for qualifying consumers. Check with your local Mattress Firm to find out what financing options and specials they currently have.

• 90-day payment option with no credit required: Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Adjustable beds: In addition to selling mattresses from top brands, Mattress Firm also sells adjustable beds with additional features like massage and wireless control.

• Commercial sales: Mattress Firm can assist you with your commercial sales, whether you’re a school, hospital, government agency, interior decorator, hotel operator or other business that needs to buy mattresses in bulk.

• Best for: Mattress Firm is best for commercial sales and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information