1.4/5 (68 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: June 28, 2022

My husband and I walked into the Mattress store at 12182 HWY 17 Murrells inlet SC and our sleep expert ** was super. He helped us find the perfect twin set for our grandson who will be here in 2 weeks. Also he recommended an adjustable base for our king bed that we find very hard to get a good night sleep on. Can not wait to try it out. Delivery was the next day and the drivers were very courteous, polite and efficient. Could not do enough. I would recommend this location highly. We were very pleased.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I mistakenly put the wrong city for my shipping and my mattress got lost in the mail. It said delivered. I was petrified it would take weeks to get my bed to me. Mattress Firm immediately sent me out another bed without making me wait for any long process. They were great. My mattress is so comfortable. It was described as plush and it is just that. Very soft and not firm. I built my plate form with headboard quick and easily, since I ordered online and didn’t opt for anyone to build it for me. Overall great experience. Customer service was excellent. Bed is comfortable.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2022

In 2019 we purchased the IntelliBed. After 2.5 years, the mattress started sagging in many areas. I worked with Alex from Mattress Firm in Leominster and Natasha District Manager to get mattress returned. After trying out several beds, we decided to purchase another brand. Alex and Natasha were most helpful. I give the customer experience an 'A'. Note: NEVER NEVER remove and tags off mattress. Removal of tags voids warranty.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

The salesman (Eric) is terrific. Whether the company itself is, it would be presumptuous of us to say because we do not know enough about the company. Eric has gone the extra mile on our behalf in post-sale customer service, possibly - possibly - because the company could not or would not. Prior to our decision to purchase, Eric (and a colleague) answered our questions perfectly lucidly and knowledgeably.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

We purchased a mattress from the Hagerstown MD Mattress Firm store. It didn't meet our expectations and we woke after the first night with horrible backaches. They graciously helped out with a hassle free exchange for another mattress of better quality. "Mike" the assistant store manager helped us out, he was great!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Buyer Beware! Mattress Firm does NOT honor their warranty! You file a claim, jump through hoops to try to show in pictures (because they say they have no one in your area to come to your home ...Chicagoland area!?!?) just for them to quickly deny your claim. Mattress sinks, we roll into each other like getting pulled under a boat, or wedged under the other person. Toss and turn all night just to wake with pain in back and shoulders. Four years left on warranty! When they sell you the product they reassure you that if you encounter any issues they have a solid warranty program that will protect you!! HOGWASH!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Back in 2/21 purchased a king size bed for $1100.00. Had to warranty it once which was fine because of severe sagging. New mattress delivered 1/2022. Again after being told that most likely wouldn't happen again we have sagging. Warrantied it and this time I was given 1100.00 store credit and we go to get the new one a different brand/style. I didn't have an issue paying the difference but they wouldn't give me the sale price of 1299. So I ended up paying another 1000. Instead of 200. Because they said they had to take the sale price away because it was a warranty. Then to top it off, I am now paying delivery charges for a third time!!! I have had it with Mattress Firm. I will never shop there again, I am cancelling their credit card, I am done with this company. And not to mention...As soon as we mentioned warranty the guy's whole demeanor changes and treated us like we weren't paying customers. Terrible service as well.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Ordered and paid for a mattress on 6/22 from the Pace FL location and it was delivered a few days later. Then they showed up the following week to deliver the exact same order in which I refused as we already had my order. Now they have turned it over to a collection agency saying I still owe them the same amount. Called the morning of 8/22 and spoke with the branch manager who was totally clueless. He stated he could see in their system where I had already paid for it and said he could get me in contact with someone in their finance department. I informed him this isn't my responsibility and it was theirs. The manager couldn't care less. No apologies, nothing. Just there to collect a paycheck. He couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag. Long and short, don't purchase from Mattress Firm.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

This mattress feels exactly like an air mattress. We got ours over a month ago and I haven’t been able to have a good night sleep since. I am a healthy 125 lbs person with no chronic pain. Every morning I wake up sore in this bed all over and sometimes with sciatica pain. You definitely sink towards the middle at night. The sleep IQ is just a joke. It tracks my sleep from 6-11 pm??!! When I’m not even in bed. We called and told them that the bed squeaks.

A technician came to check it. We said that it feels and sounds like air mattress. He said yes! IT IS AN AIR MATTRESS! they should say that to everyone. This is an expensive air mattress. And there’s no free trial! The mattress was 1300$ and they deduct shipping fee when you return it which is total of 500$. I am so happy they delayed our delivery last minute and I canceled the frame that I ordered. I read everywhere that you can’t return that. Much different than what we tried in the store. And the worse part is, I wrote two reviews with low rating and they deleted them. I talked to customer service which told me they review them and delete spams. No wonder on their website their rating is above 4 and everywhere else it’s 2/5! They tricked me with this!

Original review: July 23, 2022

I purchased a mattress on June 2nd but canceled the order after a few hours. They still delivered it and I was able to finally return it by late June. I still have not received a refund so they are extremely slow in refunding the purchase or it is essentially theft.

Mattress Firm author review by Sandy Baker

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Mattress Firm Company Information