Call toll free
3.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

Mattress Firm Video
View More View More

2510 Mattress Firm Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We bought mattresses and a bed frame from Mattress Firm. The customer service was great. Moe, the rep, was really helpful and hooked us up with a good price. We're really satisfied with our purchase. I'd tell others to go visit Moe.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have bought from Mattress Firm in the past and I had a good experience with them. Recently, I got a Posturepedic mattress and the variable frame. As soon as I bought it, the pricing on other places seemed a little bit lower but the rep was very attentive, knowledgeable and respectful of my timeline. He was very informative with the details that I needed and helpful in making my decision. They delivered it and it was all good except that they had the kit to walk into the apartment with booties on and they didn’t use it.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Mattress Firm has a good price and they are in a convenient location for me. I was moving so I bought a regular mattress and a bed frame. The sales representative was good and was everything one would expect. However, the store was running low on stock so the time from purchase until it was available for pickup was a little longer than I expected. Nevertheless, the products are good.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Mattress Firm was good all the way around. My friend told me to check it out, and so I went there to get some pillows, and they had them on sale. Also, I wanted to change out my bedroom, and go from a queen-size bed to a full bed. The sales representative was great. He knew what he was talking about and was courteous. He explained as he showed me the differences in the prices, and the differences in the product itself -- the softness, and the pillow top, and just different things that I really wasn’t aware of. He had me sit on one and feel it, and I liked the firm one better. Go check them out, they are nice and they'll give you a good deal!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I needed something close from where my mother lives and I went with Mattress Firm. Also, I liked their ratings on the website. I got my mother a mattress, box-springs, and a frame. When the installers came in, they set them up and left. Their sales reps were very helpful, too, and my experience with them was excellent. But I probably drove them a little nuts because I kept calling multiple times asking more questions so they could educate me. My mother has dementia and she is in assisted living, so it was a difficult situation and I asked if we could return the item if she decides she does not like the thing we bought.

Also, when I brought my mother in their store to lay on some of the beds, she had to kinda hop up on it and their rep, Ned, did not tell us about giving her a lower profile box-springs. So when my mom got it, she had to climb up into it and slide down. I got on the phone immediately and told him that it was not working and we talked about measurements. The reps should have awareness on their part and it is their job in making sure that my mom has something she can move on to more easily. But the next day, they had a low-profile box-springs delivered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I attempted to make an online purchase but was unable due to issues with the website so I started a chat and was able to complete the order. I received a confirmation email stating I had made an order and that delivery was to be the following Tuesday. In a few more days another email showed up with a link to check tracking. I used the link the day before scheduled delivery but it stated nothing was found so I started another chat session and was told the tracking wouldn’t show up until the scheduled delivery date. I proceeded to inform the chat person that I never received the phone call from the store to schedule my 2 hour delivery window and was told they have until 9:30pm to call and to call customer service at another number if I never receive the call from delivery.

The following day is now scheduled delivery day, I never received a call for the scheduled delivery window and called customer service only to be placed on hold so I finally hit 1 to have them call back. A customer service rep finally called back and after being placed on hold a total of 4 times at 5 minutes each times she informed me that she was unable to get a hold of anyone at the warehouse and that she was going to have to email them and wait for a response. I informed her to cancel my order. I did this due to numerous bad reviews I had read while waiting on them to call back, not to mention website issues, and since they couldn’t even make a simple call the night before to confirm delivery. My spouse took the day off work since we thought it was going to show up. Lesson learned!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I saw an ad for a mattress with an adjustable bed and then the rep from the Mattress Firm store I asked from was very rude and didn't care if I bought anything at all. He showed me Mattress Firm's basic adjustable platform and then the cheapest mattress. I purchased it and I got it home, and it was like sleeping in a hospital bed. But in the store, it felt all right just laying on it. I was really thinking about the price, so within my timeframe, I went to a Mattress Firm that was closer to my location to do an upgrade. The rep there was very nice to me and when their crew picked up the old mattress, they told me they would take the base. According to the store, however, they weren't supposed to take the base, but they got permission to do so. It was all just messed up and I got charged for that base which I should have gotten credit for.

I've got the mattress and the new frame in here. The rep upgraded the base and it's nice. However, when I got the mattress that I picked in the store, although it was the same kind of mattress, it wasn't really the same. There must be different qualities of this particular mattress because the one at the store did not feel like the one that I got. The rep got it out of a warehouse and she did not tell me that it was a used one. She said that it has been disinfected, but she didn't do that until after. Also, when I lay on it, the one side would conform to my body, and that was how I found out that the mattress I got was something that someone turned back in. The rep said that I should just sleep on the other side. With all of this going on, nobody would do anything.

I got a bill from Synchrony Bank for $3,000+ dollars. Apparently, Synchrony Bank has gotten my credit messed up. My payment ended up being $91 for $3,000+ and it was supposed to be $2,000+ and $40+ a month payment. I went back to the store and the girl who sold me the upgrade was very rude to me and didn't wanna have anything to do with me. Then finally, this other girl, Millie, got the adjustment straightened out. I trusted her and I kept calling her, and Synchrony Bank said I have to straighten all this out with them, both times. I have had an awful time. Yesterday, I called Synchrony and I was sobbing my eyes out. They got the adjustments from Mattress Firm but I still had to pay $91. I was so upset. I'm 75, I live alone and I live on a fixed income. This was devastating.

Synchrony Bank has been horrifying to deal with over this mix-up and this mess, and I pray to God that this issue will be straightened out. The girl that I spoke to at Synchrony supposedly has corrected their mistake. She claimed it will be straightened out but to wait for 7 to 10 days. I sent the $44 payment but they were still charging me $27 for late charges because the issue has been in dispute.

I'm very dissatisfied with Mattress Firm. Once they sell you the stuff, you can go to the moon. The rep didn't want to make any kind of restitution after I found out that the mattress had belonged to somebody else. They’re mad to think $2,000+ is no big deal. They said I was getting the best mattress, but it's the last mattress I would have. I have tried to send messages to Mattress Firm to let them know of my dissatisfaction but I got nowhere. Nobody ever returned my calls or my emails and I was totally ignored. That certainly made me have an even worse feeling about Mattress Firm. The only thing that will make me happy is if they give me the mattress like the one in the store that I thought I was really getting. I would never buy anything from Mattress Firm again and I would never recommend them to anybody. My family has been through this with me too and they said the same thing. My experience with Mattress Firm was horrible.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was on my way to work and I saw that Mattress Firm was having a sale. I purchased a mattress and an adjustable bed frame. Their rep was very nice, helpful, prompt and professional. The delivery team got the old mattress then set everything up. The wires had been put incorrectly on the adjustable so one guy had to crawl underneath and fix it, and he was able to do it quickly. I'm very satisfied with the quality of the items that I got from Mattress Firm.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I did an online search and made the purchase from Mattress Firm over the phone. I got a tulo Mattress and it was not what I thought it was going to be so I had replaced it with another. I was told that the mattress was gonna be firm and that it was gonna arrive at a certain date but when I got it, it was very plush and it did not arrive at the right day. They also sent some frames in the wrong place so I had it canceled. But then the people at the Mattress Firm in Lake Oswego were very helpful in helping me to find a correct one, and they didn't make me pay more for it, which was great. What I have now is a good mattress and I like it.

Mattress Firm response

We are sorry to hear about the difficulty you experienced with your recent order and thank you for bringing this to our attention. This has been assigned to a Customer Relations specialist with Mattress Firm to reach out and follow up with you.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have seen Mattress Firm over at the State Fair and I got a mattress from them, but I wanted to get a base. I got one from them, too. The gentleman who helped me out with the actual purchase was good and knowledgeable. He was able to get the sale. There was another gentleman that I talked to and he was just trying to get money out of me. The quality of the product I got is good. It is versatile and it helps out with my lower back because of the surgery I had. Go to Mattress Firm if you need a mattress.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

6 years ago I spent $2600 on a Seabrooke Queen Beautyrest mattress and box spring set. It was ok for a few years but gradually became problematic. After 6 years (it has a 10 year warranty) I contacted the store where I purchased it and was told to go online to get help. Then I was told to contact Simmons. No support at either place for my problem because you have to show a 3/4 inch divot to get any help. The way the mattress cover is designed the problem does not show up until you get on the bed. Long and short of it, the memory foam was not great and I got no help with my product. I felt like the company did not honor their warranty. This would not have happened if I had made the purchase at Costco. I am going to buy a Tempur-Pedic product from another store.

Mattress Firm response
We are sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with your mattress and the warranty process and would love to help. This has been assigned to a Customer Relations specialist to reach out to you and review your claim.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I got a mattress and box spring from Mattress Firm and their sales rep did well. I had to return the product though because the height was like climbing a tree for me, but it turned out good. They just came and got it and gave me the lower box spring.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I needed some mattresses and Mattress Firm's prices seemed reasonable. I purchased two twin-sized mattresses, a queen-sized mattress and box springs. The representative that I worked with was patient and he showed me around. He was nice and knowledgeable about the product. The delivery went fine and they have set everything up. I was very pleased with my experience and I would recommend Mattress Firm.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

We tried a couple other mattress stores. One was Sleep Number and we didn't like any of their mattresses. Mattress Firm was having a huge sale on a Labor Day weekend so we checked it out. The sales rep was laid back and wasn't pushy. He was easy to work with and we didn't feel pressured at all. He asked us how we slept and what we were currently sleeping on. So after going to them, we kinda had an idea of what we were looking for. We got a mattress and an adjustable base, and we were able to negotiate the price. The delivery experience was fantastic as well. I was very satisfied with Mattress Firm.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

The Mattress Firm's sales rep that I dealt with was fine but he didn't tell me about the skinny box-springs that’s available. I’ve never seen it posted on the wall that they have them and they didn’t tell me about it when I bought the mattress before this one. It was a different place though. If they told me about it, I would have bought it. Other than that, they were perfect. The mattress is fine but I liked my old mattress better. It was eight years old though and it was warped. I just wanted this because it was real cheap. It’s a $600 queen that was on sale for $99. It’s not the highest level of mattress but it’s okay. I can lie on it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Mattress Firm had a sale so we went and got the mattress, adjustable frame, and the mattress pad. Although their sales reps were busy, they were attentive and seemed to work with us and got everything done. The delivery went well too. They gave us a two-hour window and were a little late, but they said they were all over everywhere. They got it set up and things went smoothly when we asked them a question about the bed before they left. However, we just have the mattress for around three weeks and it's already dipping a little bit which concerns me. Other than that, I had a good experience with Mattress Firm and I'd recommend them.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought mattress 3 years ago. Started bunching on Pillowtop and sinking in so I went to buy new one. Bought new one, filed warranty on old mattress. Now I don’t get anything even though warranty was approved. That stinks. I love the product, it’s the warranty I wasn’t happy with.

Good Morning,

We are sorry to hear that you have had this experience with our warranty process. This has been assigned to a Customer Relations representative to reach out to you and offer assistance. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

A good deal was going on and I purchased an adjustable bed from Mattress Firm. The salesperson was knowledgeable. He knew exactly what that was what. I wanted a king-size, memory-foam type mattress and he was able to nail it down to what I like. It had to be ordered and I came and picked it up a week later. It was an easy experience to do that and I'm really satisfied with the product.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased a bunch of mattresses from Mattress Firm in the past and continued with them because of the convenience and familiarity with them, and that they provide a good service. I bought two queen mattresses from them recently and the sales rep was great and very helpful. He answered all of our questions and made recommendations as best he could to find us the best price on box springs. Then, they delivered the mattress on time when they said they would. Overall, I had a great experience with Mattress Firm so just keep doing what they're doing. I would recommend others to buy from them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Mattress Firm had a Labor Day sale, where you could get a free base so we decided to stop by their store. The sales rep knew the different products very well. We had the mattress delivered and the delivery team was a little late. But we understood. They delivered it on Sunday morning, really early before church and it was kind of strange. But they put it together and we were able to make it to church on time. They were also very nice.

We got the product where you can raise the head or the foot up. It was like the split king. You have your remote control, which you could do what you want to with your side of the bed. We had a Tempur-Pedic and we were upset that it didn't have cooling gel in it. It seems to be hot but as long as we jack the thermostat down a little bit lower, it’s better. We're glad that we can try it out more, like 120 days, and that if we're not satisfied, we could take it back. I would recommend taking a look at what Mattress Firm had to offer.

Resolution response: Oct. 6, 2018

Update: I tried the store again today (Saturday 6th October) and was able to get my mattress. Had they just told me the correct date from the beginning, all this stress and complaint could have been avoided.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I went to the Mattress Firm clearance store on Saturday August 29th 2018 to buy two matching twin mattresses. I got a pretty good deal on price, one mattress was available to take away, the other was "arriving on Monday". The first red flag was when they brought out the mattress for me to take away and it said "pre-owned" on the packaging. I let that slide because I realised that was the reason the price was lower and I decided to accept it. However, Monday came and went and I got no call about the mattress. I called up Wednesday to ask what happened to the mattress and they said it is due to come in on Thursday. I called Friday, they said it was in. I drove over and they couldn't find it. Then they said, "oh, the system says it is not due here until the 6th". I'm rapidly running out of patience as I needed the mattress today. Debating just demanding my money back and going somewhere else. Definitely won't shop here again.

Good Afternoon,

We apologize for your recent experience purchasing a mattress in one of our stores. We would like to offer our assistance in getting the issue resolved. We are assigning the case to one of our customer relation representatives who will contact you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Going with Mattress Firm was convenient. I bought a mattress and one of those movable/adjustable box-spring type foundations. The rep walked me through the options and it was a good experience. Also, I appreciate the next day delivery. The product has been great. I recommend!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I needed a new mattress and Mattress Firm was having a Labor Day sale so I took advantage of it. Sam, the sales rep I worked with was very nice. He told me he was gonna be there that Monday and so when I came in, I saw him and he assisted me with everything. So far, I'm enjoying the queen size Beauty Rest mattress. I had a good experience and I'd definitely go back. I would refer people too if they're looking for a mattress.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Mattress Firm was conveniently located by our house and then we ran up there to look at them. My mother-in-law bought a full bed there for our daughter. It was a gift from my father. And we like it. The delivery guys were awesome. It was pouring down rain and then they got everything in quickly. The had to bring it up to the second floor and set everything up. They also didn't leave a mess and everything went smoothly.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Several weeks ago, I decided to purchase extra beds for my two-spare bedrooms. I headed to Mattress Firm in Pasadena, TX and expected to be at the store for a lengthy amount of time. I was serviced by Laura **, a young lady who listened for what I was in search of and the price range I budgeted for as well. I could tell she was highly knowledgeable in mattresses and customer service. I had two beds picked out, purchase completed, and back at home within one hour. And to top off my experience, my mattresses were delivered the next day. Thank you to the young lady who provided me with a graceful experience of Freedom and Ease. Thanks Laura!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Wow not even sure where to start. The service was horrible from day 1 and we should have ran but we really needed a mattress and figured mattress firm was in every corner they should be a good company, right! So very wrong!!! So we went in to make a purchase the salesman Ray tried to get us to buy the Bentley of all mattresses for close to $6,000. After much negotiation and us letting him know that’s but what we want he quickly changed times and decided he didn’t want to help us as well as he was. Anyhow so we bought the mattress a Serta smart react Lynbrook king size. So it comes on a day it’s pouring rain out, I called to reschedule. They said they couldn’t. It was on the truck and it’s coming if I like it or not.

I was not home my husband was. The mattress comes, I get home and notice a huge jump on the right side, go to put the sheets on and the bottom corner was dropped in the water. So next day I call Ray. He says the hump should go down - that it was probably standing up in the warehouse and the stain was our fault we didn’t see it beforehand. We should have never accepted it so tough luck. We waited a couple weeks and the hump never went down. Called the store. He said they were out of stock and he will contact me when it comes in. Never heard back. A month before my 120 days was up I went in and told him, "Listen I need a new mattress." He said, "That one is discontinued. There’s nothing I can do here but I can replace it when we get another one in of that kind. Or call customer service and make a warranty claim." I made him sign my receipt that I will get a replacement, because I knew this wasn’t going well.

Been having the runaround since day one. So I sure enough I go online, make the warranty claim, take all the pictures. Wait a week or so didn’t hear anything. I call corporate get a hold of someone they go through my account and I tell her the story and she tells me because of the stain they can’t do anything it voided the warranty. I said the hell it did and explained the runaround and issues. She said, "Sorry can’t help you. You're stuck with the mattress the way it is." I then told her I had a signed contract it would be replaced. Sent her the email, she put me on hold and voila, gives me a voucher for the amount and to go get a new mattress. Seem’s simple, right? Nope here we go with more runarounds. So we go get a mattress, pre-owned, no warranty $3,000 mattress for less than half the price. The mattress comes to be delivered. It has a huge gash on the back side. I refused it.

Called to complain, I got a 3-year warranty and replacement. Week later, they come to deliver another one. It’s a different mattress. Are they kidding me right now!!! I had to change my schedule, not go to work, my husband had to wake up early before his time to work all for these 3 deliveries and we still can’t get a damn decent mattress. What the hell is wrong with this picture. I’m so furious right now, my stress level is through the roof and I’m getting extreme anxiety. All over a mattress. Buyer beware, do not buy from them unless you want to pay and use your hard earned money to get screwed and have a heart attack. I wasted more work time between me and my husband for these deliveries than the mattress was worth. I have pictures and names for everything I stayed here.

Good Morning,

We are sorry for your recent purchase experience. We would like the opportunity to speak with you and offer our assistance. This has been assigned to a customer relations specialist to reach out to you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I needed a mattress and as I happened to be walking out of the building next door, I saw the Mattress Firm sign outside and walked in. I got a Serta pillow top mattress and the sales rep was really good. He listened to what I was saying and because of that, he knew what I was looking for. I originally went in there because my back was hurting me, and I wanted to change my mattress based on that. He helped me find the mattress that was comfortable enough for my back, and at the same time, he helped me get a base that will make me sleep better at night as far as lifting my legs and my back. Also, the delivery guys were early and were in and out. They took away the old bed and set up the new one. It took me a couple of days to get comfortable with it, but now I sleep much better. I wasn't sleeping that much, but now I'm sleeping through the night.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I wanted an adjustable bed and I got a king size one from Mattress Firm. The sales rep that helped me was awesome. He was very nice and knowledgeable. He told us everything and gave us a lot of choices. The delivery team was very professional as well. They came in and did everything they had to do. They were very courteous.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The BeautySleep from Mattress Firm has a topnotch quality. This is our second time purchasing from there and the experience was just as good. Their rep was very informative and the delivery team was awesome and very professional. Mattress Firm should be the first place you go to.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I just started renting rooms to traveling nurses and I needed a mattress. Mattress Firm is local and I figured it was better than ordering online. I walked in and the associate was awesome and he knew his products. Although he was genuine in his attempt to upsell, I just told him that I needed a decent mattress that’s not cheap but not high-end and very kind throughout the process. He was honest and he showed me different things, then I made a decision and I was out the door in about 15 minutes.

Another couple also came in while he was helping me and he took the time to acknowledge them. He was in the store by himself and he took a phone call while we were chatting but he was very professional. He took information and got back to people. Mattress Firm was very decent to deal with and I felt better there than in Bedding Barn and Big Lots.

Mattress Firm expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Founded in 1986, the retailer Mattress Firm is committed to providing sleep solutions that will help their customers live healthier and sleep better. Consumers can shop Mattress Firm online or at one of their 2000 locations across the United States.

• Selection: Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses, so consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of their showrooms.

• Special financing available: Financing offers are always available, and they can include zero percent APR for up to five years for qualifying consumers. Check with your local Mattress Firm to find out what financing options and specials they currently have.

• 90-day payment option with no credit required: Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Adjustable beds: In addition to selling mattresses from top brands, Mattress Firm also sells adjustable beds with additional features like massage and wireless control.

• Commercial sales: Mattress Firm can assist you with your commercial sales, whether you’re a school, hospital, government agency, interior decorator, hotel operator or other business that needs to buy mattresses in bulk.

• Best for: Mattress Firm is best for commercial sales and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information