3.3/5 (589 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: April 23, 2022

I mistakenly put the wrong city for my shipping and my mattress got lost in the mail. It said delivered. I was petrified it would take weeks to get my bed to me. Mattress Firm immediately sent me out another bed without making me wait for any long process. They were great. My mattress is so comfortable. It was described as plush and it is just that. Very soft and not firm. I built my plate form with headboard quick and easily, since I ordered online and didn’t opt for anyone to build it for me. Overall great experience. Customer service was excellent. Bed is comfortable.

Original review: March 19, 2022

In 2019 we purchased the IntelliBed. After 2.5 years, the mattress started sagging in many areas. I worked with Alex from Mattress Firm in Leominster and Natasha District Manager to get mattress returned. After trying out several beds, we decided to purchase another brand. Alex and Natasha were most helpful. I give the customer experience an 'A'. Note: NEVER NEVER remove and tags off mattress. Removal of tags voids warranty.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

The salesman (Eric) is terrific. Whether the company itself is, it would be presumptuous of us to say because we do not know enough about the company. Eric has gone the extra mile on our behalf in post-sale customer service, possibly - possibly - because the company could not or would not. Prior to our decision to purchase, Eric (and a colleague) answered our questions perfectly lucidly and knowledgeably.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

We purchased a mattress from the Hagerstown MD Mattress Firm store. It didn't meet our expectations and we woke after the first night with horrible backaches. They graciously helped out with a hassle free exchange for another mattress of better quality. "Mike" the assistant store manager helped us out, he was great!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I had a wonderful experience with Mattress Firm in Sugar Land, Texas. While my husband was hospitalized I decided to purchase a mattress. I wanted the entire process to be completed by the time he was discharged. I was probably their most decisive customer because I went in and spent much time looking at and lying of various mattresses. Finally I made a decision and completed the sale. The delivery and setup was completed as planned.

Well, after 2 nights, I felt I had purchased the wrong mattress for us. Well I called and then went in and talked about how awful the mattress was to sleep on. It was explained to me that the company policy was to keep and sleep on it for at least 30 days. I did not want 30 days. It was too hard. Brandon, my salesperson, had been with me through the entire process. He did whatever needed to be done to make sure I got a mattress that was to my pleasing. I was so appreciative and if need be will shop there again. Thanks for compassion that was shown to me by Brandon.

Original review: May 16, 2022

My purchase - Sleepys mattress from Mattress Firm, Colorado Springs. My purchase was in March 2021. In less than a year it sagged and has been miserable. I went into the store and complained. They told me that they do not cover the warranty and that I have to contact the company Sleepy’s that handles it. They said it would probably be hard to get it covered because I also lay back against pillows in the evening. The store gave me a link to contact Sleepy’s to file get warranty form. That took me in circle after circle to get to the complaint which didn’t happen. It just said that I would be contacted.

One email and one contact resulted in the store still pretending they can’t get in touch with Sleepy’s. I intend to keep pursuing a refund. According to your site, Sleepy’s is out of business and Mattress Firm is responsible for that company. Shouldn’t the mattress tag say Mattress Firm since the tag says it was made in 2021? Any mattress should last more than a year under a 5 yr warranty.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I have to give my review here since it is unbelievably bad. I purchased mattress April 20 and now it is May 16 but they haven’t done delivery COI with my building yet. (To be fair, another data point is my moving company get COI done within 4 hours). The worst part is that they never do what they promised. During these weeks, I have emailed them around 10 to 20 times, and called them over 5 times, each time they promised me it will be done soon but never happened.. They did an attempted delivery on a wrong date, and ignored my COI communications. Over these weeks, I have talked to customer service even warehouse guys but none worked. Once they told me that COI is done, but when I talked to building, they never sent it out. I am not sure what makes delivering a mattress so challenging for them. During the call, I even offer to help several times, each time they assure me it is fine while in reality, they just don’t care about it that’s why it is fine for them.

Resolution response: May 12, 2022

Received my funds back the next day after this review. 13 days seems like a long time especially when they can take in a minute.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Made a purchase on a couple of mattresses. Called to cancel order due to financial problems. I was told it would be 3 to 5 days for the return of funds. Called the next week and was told 7 to 10 days. Still waiting on the return of funds, It has been 16 days now (12 business days) and still nothing. They will take your money real quick but it's a headache to get it back. Real friendly staff but the financial department needs some help.

Original review: May 6, 2022

IF YOU WANT SERVICE FOR THE LONG TERM, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS STORE!!! I purchased the top of the line ($1,400) adjustable base less than 5 years ago. In January the remote stopped working. I tried changing batteries with no success. I did not purchase a warranty because I was buying the best. I was never told if something goes wrong there is no way to fix it. I have been to this store 3 times. No one has helped. I am on my own. I spent a total of over $4,000 dollars. My bed is not flat, I am not sleeping well and it has now been 4 months.

No one has reasonably explained to me if I purchased a warranty who would have come to my house to fix it? All I have wanted is a service call in which I will pay. I understand it is not under warranty, however, for the price I paid, why can't it be fixed? Maybe they're hoping I'll purchase a new one in our throwaway culture. I am not looking for free service. I am a senior female and not handy. It was suggested I call the manufacturer and after an hour to get through to someone, they wanted to talk me through how to fix the bed myself. HORRIBLE, no empathy at all from Mattress Firm. How can there not be a person that they can recommend to have me gladly pay to fix my bed?

A side note when I went to leave a review for the adjustable base. Mattress Firm makes it clear that a reviewer not discuss service, only the product. That says it all!!! With the mattress industry changing so dramatically via online shopping, the amazing choices, prices and return policies, one of the main reasons to shop at a retail store is for service.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Have phoned them 20 times… Forget email they never respond…. Bought thousands of dollars of mattresses and they have owed me a $3200.00 refund for a month… They put me on hold for 55 minutes couple of days ago and promised to overnight a check but of course no check once again. Run from these dead beats…

Mattress Firm author review by Sandy Baker

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Mattress Firm Company Information