2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.33/5

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

Mattress Firm Reviews

Original review: May 5, 2020

I think my all foam mattress is lovely. It can get warm, but I wake up with no body aches. I fell for a trick in the show room. I was told it had "cooling gel" and when we laid on it, it was cool. It was also under the a/c vent in the showroom. We bought it, but it is still warm and my husband still sweats. We bought a cover for it and sheets through the same store. They are lovely as well, and perhaps the cover is why we don't get any feeling of "cooling gel". It is still the best purchase, and interest free financing is lovely.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We were looking for another Tempur-Pedic Mattress after our move to AZ. We Went to the Mattress Firm knowing what we wanted and we ended up getting the Best & Easiest Service ever. Our sales associate was Tamara **. She was so helpful listening as I explained about my bad back she knew immediately which mattress We needed to try, not only did we get the Tempur-Luxbreeze mattress but We ended up getting a great deal, also received our pillows & mattress in the package for nothing. I would definitely recommend going to this mattress firm and asking for Tamara. She will set you up with a wonderful mattress. Can’t wait to start getting a great night sleep again on our new mattress!! Thanks Mattress firm for making our purchase an easy one.. We walked out the door feeling very confident that we purchased the right mattress for us. Thanks Tamara for making us very happy with our purchase!!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

When we bought two different Brand name mattresses in different firmness from Mattress Firm, we were given a great deal and 120 days to decide to keep. After only a couple weeks we knew we were not happy with our choice, her's was too firm and mine was way too soft, even though we picked out the softest and firmest Mattress Firm had to offer. The manager was our salesman from the beginning and Super helpful throughout the process and did everything he could to make us happy but after we tried many other mattresses and nothing was satisfactory he refunded In Full every penny. All of the mattresses Mattress Firm sold were of the Highest quality but just Not Firm enough for me OR soft enough for her. - All in all I give Mattress Firm a Top Recommendation.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Went in as this company sells purple and wanted to experience it. Had only planned on upgrading the mattress and never experience an adjustable frame. We felt so well taken care of we did not even go look at other brands or stores. From the moment we walked in, Levon, the store manager of the Ypsilanti MI store, greeted us and made us feel welcome and made sure we experienced the range of not only purple but options for frames. Since current bed is 20 years old and standard frame, much as changed. There is a lot of tech now in sleep hardware and the experience is like buying a car with all the selection + financing options and sales. In our case we did not have the high pressure that would be associated with car purchases sometimes.

Our case was unique in that we went through some adjustments in model/s decided before delivery. We deciding to upgrade bed frame, changing some things etc. Levon was there all the way and excellent communication and assistant as changing terms and items around requires good knowledge and patients. He obviously knows his stuff. Since I live halfway between Ann Arbor area and Toledo, did go in to a mattress firm in OH to check on the mattress I would be getting, for one last feel even though Mattress Firm has an in-home 120 days trial. The employee in that store knew of Levon and talked well of him as a great person to be working with. Knowing he is even respected by fellow workers in others stores says something. Delivery was on time and professional. Highly recommend this store and working with the manager there.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I have a fused cervical spine and chronic lower back pain, I have literally spent close to ten thousand dollars on mattresses over the past several years just trying to get a good comfortable nights sleep! I have wasted so much money on high end mattresses and yet after 4-6 months the mattresses seems to just get less comfortable and then end up causing me even more sleep robbing pain..

Most places I've been to in search of quality mattresses, (And I've been to quite a few!) are just full of paycheck hungry salesmen. Dennis ** at the Riverdale Mattress Firm store was more than just a salesman, He was someone who literally understood my issues as he has very similar issues himself. he not only shared his knowledge with me but also took the time to educate me on other options and gave me a few more tools to work with. He also helped me out by discounting a floor model for me as he sympathized the fact that I have bought so many high dollar mattresses over the past several years. Great guy! more than just a hungry salesman, he was kind and knowledgeable, very helpful in my opinion. I had a very positive experience at the Mattress Firm store in Riverdale. I just thought I would share this with anyone whom it may be relevant to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: May 16, 2020

This company used to be Sleepy's but was bought out by a Foreign company. We purchased a Mattress online but never received ANY order confirmation or order number. We tried to contact them by Phone, Chat and E-mail to get information about the order. We finally received a response by e-mail a week and a half later. Since we never heard anything from them sooner, we replied to the e-mail and requested the order cancelled and refunded. We never heard anything back from them.

About another week later, Fedex came to deliver the order but we refused the shipment. We had to dispute the charge since they never honored our request to cancel. Only then did we get a phone call and an e-mail from their "Customer Care" department saying that they received a dispute on the transaction. We tried calling them back three times but couldn't contact anyone. We replied to their e-mail and explained the whole fiasco. They replied back saying how sorry they were and that they would send the refund request to their Accounting Department. It has now been a month and still no refund so we kept the credit card dispute active while they investigate. If you want to avoid stress and aggravation, STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY... There are so many better companies to get a Mattress.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I started my pursuit of buying a new mattress with research a lot of different mattress businesses. I was looking a for a BeautyRest, as I've had them in the past and was very happy with them. The store representative were very professional and did everything within THEIR power to make the purchase and delivery work. I selected a mattress and decided to use their financing program, as it is interest free as long as you make timely payments.

We knew we had low power lines on our road and that a 14 foot tall truck could not pass under them. We explained that and the Sales Rep. made detailed notes about the power lines and that they needed to call us BEFORE heading to our address to coordinate offloading onto a smaller truck. It was explained in the Sales Rep's notes that there is no cell service at the house; to call BEFORE leaving Denver area. The delivery appointment was made a week in advance. That's where it all went from bad to worse.

Mattress Firm was using a delivery company called Red Carpet Delivery Service. No one ever called. It was Fall and it started snowing. The truck was very late at even attempting the delivery. It was now dark. My boyfriend and I took off an entire afternoon of work to wait for these guys. "The guy" called about 7pm to say he wasn't coming and we would have to reschedule. We couldn't get another delivery appointment until another complete week.

The second attempt, went as it was suppose to. The guys called, we met them, transferred the mattress; it took them all of 5 minutes to set up. But SIX weeks later the mattress is sagging so badly, it was obvious that it would not last ONE year, much less 8 to 10 years. The Sales Rep tried to make it right. We upgraded from the $2,100 mattress to the $3,200 mattress - still using financing. Mattress Firm changed delivery services. No one would even share the name of the delivery company - not even the guys working for the delivery company. We had the SAME problem with delivery. A NO SHOW on the first scheduled appointment. No one to call. No one calling us. The Sales Rep tries to facilitate by reaching out to their dispatch person. Some guy in Florida finally called from the delivery company and tried to blame me for his people not reading or following instructions. AGAIN rescheduled a week later.

This time we waited at home all day as the delivery was supposed to be first thing in the morning. They finally called and showed up after dark. This time "the guy" doesn't want to transfer the mattress to the smaller truck. He wanted to call his boss - which I reminded him that if he had read the instructions it notes that cell phones don't work here. After a 20 minute argument, the two delivery guys finally did and took back the returned mattress. We paid a PREMIUM delivery service rate this too.

THEN the Financing.... Mattress Firm financing is through Synchrony. It took six months to get a statement from these people. First, they sent it to the wrong address entirely; THEN they STILL couldn't correct address entered CORRECTLY. When I first called, I asked for the account number and the dollar amount I need to pay every month. The Synchrony Service rep refused to give that info to me - even though I provided him with all my personal info Including SSN#. The Mattress Firm Sales rep calls on my behalf and gets the info for me. So I started sending payments based on the first mattress purchase.

Then we get the 2nd mattress and STILL no statement, but I'm still sending them money every month. They start charging me late fees and interest. I bought the 2nd mattress in November. It took me until March to finally get statements and have all the late charge fees and interest removed (5 phone calls later). After ALL THAT, the 2ND mattress starts doing the same thing as the first one. BeautyRest apparently has gone really downhill in quality. I finally bought a 4 inch thick deep pocket feather mattress ($100) to go ON TOP of the other mattress. I just couldn't go through all that crap a THIRD time.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I really really love my mattress. The comfort is amazing. The relief for my back is amazing. The ability to rest with pain to my neck is great. I was in a car accident and had difficulties sleeping.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Going to the store and lay on it is important. The employees were helpful and answer all the questions very knowledgeable. That also make a customer comfortable as he described the mattresses is was he was telling a stories. This mattress is comfortable and sleep all night without waking up with your body ready to start the day.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Dual-adjustable king, bought based on radio ads. This mattress was oversold and under-delivered. Entire experience was a disappointment. Next time I will stick to just a mattress, something easier and less expensive to maintain.

Mattress Firm author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Mattress Firm Company Information