1.4/5 (65 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Mrs. Harriet ** was on her A game as she greeted me with her knowledge and kind smile. Harriet's outstanding customer service and informative voice was nothing less than exceptional in my purchase for a good night sleep. Not only did she maintain my ear with her knowledge, she created a platform of maintaining me as a forever Mattress Firm consumer! She didn't attempt to hassle my decision in making my purchase, she made it comfortable and I am lucky enough to have had an awesome experience with Mrs. **. EXCEPTIONAL LADY.

Melissa

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Yesterday, 11/12, my husband and I went to Mattress Firm on 45N and Parker to purchase a new mattress. I spoke to Kenyja the day before and was unable to show up the day. When we arrived we were immediately approached by the welcoming staff and asked for Kenyja. While we a waited we were shown the choice we made online and our questions were answered about it. Soon after Kenyja joined us with her expertise and assisted us with making an even better choice along with choosing the bedding we wanted, warranty, and showed us options we would not have otherwise known about. Thank you for the amazing experience.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2022

My husband and I walked into the Mattress store at 12182 HWY 17 Murrells inlet SC and our sleep expert ** was super. He helped us find the perfect twin set for our grandson who will be here in 2 weeks. Also he recommended an adjustable base for our king bed that we find very hard to get a good night sleep on. Can not wait to try it out. Delivery was the next day and the drivers were very courteous, polite and efficient. Could not do enough. I would recommend this location highly. We were very pleased.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I mistakenly put the wrong city for my shipping and my mattress got lost in the mail. It said delivered. I was petrified it would take weeks to get my bed to me. Mattress Firm immediately sent me out another bed without making me wait for any long process. They were great. My mattress is so comfortable. It was described as plush and it is just that. Very soft and not firm. I built my plate form with headboard quick and easily, since I ordered online and didn’t opt for anyone to build it for me. Overall great experience. Customer service was excellent. Bed is comfortable.

Original review: March 19, 2022

In 2019 we purchased the IntelliBed. After 2.5 years, the mattress started sagging in many areas. I worked with Alex from Mattress Firm in Leominster and Natasha District Manager to get mattress returned. After trying out several beds, we decided to purchase another brand. Alex and Natasha were most helpful. I give the customer experience an 'A'. Note: NEVER NEVER remove and tags off mattress. Removal of tags voids warranty.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

In early December of 2022 placed an order online for a mattress and it was suppose to come with a free pillow so we placed the order online for this mattress and the mattress was supposed to be delivered between 12/22-12/28. We got the pillow in about 4 days so on 01/03/2023 I called the place and asked them when should we be receiving this mattress, they then told me that there wasn't an order placed for the mattress so I said to them, "You mean to tell me that I paid $179 for a pillow?" I then said I would like a refund. The lady told me that they can't refund or return the pillow so needless to say I will NEVER order from this place again and I sure hope it will help somebody else out there that might have been thinking about doing the same.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

We purchased an adjustable bed frame from Mattress Firm in November. The sales guy told us it was out of stock but guaranteed one for us by December 20. On December 18 I called and inquired about it and was told they would start searching for us one. They said they would call me back. I had to keep calling them back. They finally located us one and brought it to us and set it up on December 28. It was supposed to help with my husband’s snoring, bad back and other things. It did none of these things! We were told there is no returns so now we are stuck with an expensive bed that neither one of us can sleep on. Do not trust this store!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

On November 2022 my husband and I went to try the Tempurpedic in the store. We made the mistake of purchasing the ProAdapt through them. We had the mattress 21 days and decided it was not for us as it did not feel the same as in the store.. We called to have the mattress returned and was told it would be a 500.00 restocking fee and 99.00 pickup fee. We were not told any of this information beforehand and did not know until we wanted to return the mattress. Customer beware of this shady outfit.

Resolution response: Jan. 18, 2023

In the end, this was finally resolved and I received my order for the proper price. However, the amount of effort involved and the amount of time it required was unreasonable, and it still left me feeling like this was a company I would not do business with again. I was finally forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company, which I believe is what finally got them to respond.

I would have to write a novella to cover all the hoops I was forced to jump through, the myriad of people I had to talk to, the length of time I had to wait to receive call-backs, and the number of times I had to repeat the same story, and the number of employees who contradicted each other and did not wholly explain policies if they were aware of them at all.

Their system is set up to make sales, and if there is a problem you are left waiting and twisting in the wind. If you choose to do business with this company, ask a lot of questions, get it in writing, read the fine print, and hope for the best.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

Mattress firm is the single most horrible company I have ever had the extreme misfortune to deal with. The sales staff are unaware of policies and will lie at the drop of a hat. Once the sale is made there is no customer service. The phone lines are for sales only, customer service requires chat that promises an escalation that will trigger a phone call that you grow old waiting for. The incompetence is staggering, I rue the day I made a purchase from this insane excuse for a company. Everything that is wrong with businesses today is wrapped up in one wretched, lying, feckless package. Mischarged grossly and after 6 weeks no resolution.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I ordered a mattress, never received it. Have a tracking number and somehow got lost. Try getting in touch with customer service is a joke. Can't call, only chat or email and then have to wait days for response. I'm going on over a month now trying to get my money back to no avail. Do not do business with them.

Mattress Firm author review by Sandy Baker

Mattress Firm customers can browse at over 3,000 retail stores or online. Financing options with convenient monthly payments are available. Consumers who don’t want to apply for financing with Mattress Firm can still enjoy a 90-day payment option.

• Mattress pricing: Queen mattresses start at around $300.

• Types of mattresses: Select from innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, encased coil, gel memory foam or pillow-top mattresses from several manufacturers. Mattress Firm sells all the major brands of mattresses; consumers can test out a variety of brands in one of its showrooms.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 120-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Warranties vary by manufacturer.

• Additional products: Beds, frames, bedding and pillows are also available. Mattress Firm also assists with commercial sales for schools, hospitals, government agencies, interior decorators or other businesses that need to buy mattresses in bulk.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Mattress Firm Company Information