1.4/5 (76 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: July 7, 2022

2 months ago I ordered a king sized bed frame. 3 weeks later I opened the arrived box to find it to be a queen sized frame. Upon perusal of my emails I discovered that Mattress Firm actually confirmed the wrong size on the order despite the clear order size. They tried to blame it on the manufacturer who shipped to me and told me to take it up with them; however, since I had the email clearly defining Mattress Firm's culpability they opened a case and asked me for pictures and description which I sent the same day. A week later nothing had been done. I emailed again. They thanked me for my patience. 2 weeks after that I emailed yet again and got the same missive thanking me for my patience but with no offer of help or a status update.

I opened another case citing all of the reference numbers to the first case. The next day they sent an email asking for the information and photos again. I sent it all and then opened a third case. I received back an email saying that they would contact the manufacturer. The Live chat for the 3rd case told me that something would be done within 24-48 hours but could not specify what. He said that they would contact the manufacturer. To me this looks like just another time delay with no action that will happen. As the fault was with Mattress firm, they needed to place the new order and make arrangements to pick up the incorrect item. They made no promises to do either. The said that they would "note my wish" for a refund. It looks as though I will have to dispute with my credit card company to get any action and will have to drive 40 miles for a store to dump the other frame. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE Crooks!

Original review: June 28, 2022

My husband and I walked into the Mattress store at 12182 HWY 17 Murrells inlet SC and our sleep expert ** was super. He helped us find the perfect twin set for our grandson who will be here in 2 weeks. Also he recommended an adjustable base for our king bed that we find very hard to get a good night sleep on. Can not wait to try it out. Delivery was the next day and the drivers were very courteous, polite and efficient. Could not do enough. I would recommend this location highly. We were very pleased.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Got a mattress lesser than the cost. Paid $500 restock fee twice. We still since April do not have our refund difference. Really is bad business. Leesburg Fl. Store. They took about $1645 from us. SAD.

Original review: June 23, 2022

We purchased a vaunted Mattress Firm adjustable Mattress Firm mattress back in October, now it's June and we've tried to reach corporate customer service almost since the beginning. Bed power cord frayed by vacuum cleaner. But it's under warranty only if you can reach them. Keep getting numbers from local office. No answer or you hold for hours before being cut off. This must be a corporate shell game. You spend lots of money, you get lots of promises but no satisfaction. Stay away. There are so many mattress firms (small m) out there. Do yourself a favor and pick another.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Last week I bought a high-end king Tempur-Pedic mattress, power base, warranty, etc., etc. package from Mattress Firm. Part of the package was a set king of Tempur-ProPerformance listed at a retail price of $279! For that price you expect a fabulous set of sheets. These were the worst sheets I have ever purchased! They should even sell such low quality sheets, especially for the price. They are made of a very thin, stretchy polyester that stretches like crazy. It wrinkles, doubles up and stretches into bunches under you all night long. It is the worst sleep experience ever. When I called to complain about the sheets, I was told they could not be returned or exchanged. If this is the type of product Mattress Firm promotes and pawns off on its customers, I wonder if everything else I bought was a scam also. Not happy.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Ordered what was advertised as a hide-a-bed/sofa bed. I received a rolled up piece of foam made in the Philippines. I contacted customer service to return or exchange the product. I was told sorry-no can do. I'm thoroughly disgusted an 'american' business would stoop so low as to defraud a disabled senior with deceptive marketing.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I ordered a mattress and have not been able to cancel the order. I canceled the order the same day. When I checked a few days later, they said they cannot cancel the order. Fraudulent or incompetent.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I bought a mattress at Mattress Firm and it was not a good quality, when back and could not locate the seller as of now unable to do anything. Very dissatisfied with the product. I have not contacted the manager yet.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The customer service is terrible and beware of the contract terms. I ordered two twin Xl mattresses with adjustable bases from the Stamford, CT, Summer street store. When the mattresses were delivered in Florida, one was shorter than the other, and one was wider than the other. On 5/2/22 at 12.50 p.m. I spoke to Scott at the Stamford Office. He promised to contact the salesperson Joseph and inform him. I did not hear from Joseph. So I called again on 5/4/22; I spoke to one Christina at the Stamford store telephone number. She told me that she would ask Joseph to contact me and said that if I wanted to exchange, I had to pay a fee of $99.00. It seems incredulous that they deliver mattresses that do not meet the dimensions in the order terms, their mistake, yet I must pay a fee of $99.00. She promised that she would ask Joseph to get in touch with me. Mr. Joseph, I am still waiting.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The delivery team damaged our ceiling bringing the new mattress up our stairs. Did not bring face masks. We had to supply them. The bed was too low. Did not adjust it. The salesperson did not tell about the height of the mattress. When we complained, the manager said that he could order extenders but did not offer us help to install them. We asked for our money back after 3 days. There is a 120 night free trial. We were surprised to find that it did not cover the remote controlled adjustable base. We are out $1299 for the base and a restocking fee for the mattress. The salesperson was not informative and the manager was unhelpful, We had a much better experience working with a knowledgeable sales woman and Macy’s

Original review: June 2, 2022

Spoke with a very nice lady on the phone. Everything was "no problem ". I explained that I was looking for a firm RV mattress and she sent me an email with the mattress she was recommending. This is her response. "There is not a firm, however this is a medium, which in memory foam, is very supportive. It is made much like the Original Tempurpedic mattress, which was also an 8” memory foam. It is conforming, but being it is not too thick, you won’t sink into it like the thicker, more plush memory foam mattresses. I always say, ‘less is best with memory foam’, meaning the less thick they are, the better they feel."

I then I asked what if I have a problem with it. She explained the 120 night sleep guarantee, I asked how would I return a bed in a box and she said "NO PROBLEM" again and said "You will donate it." After 2 nights on it my back was so sore I could hardly walk. I've tried contacting Mattress Firm with no satisfaction. They are telling me now about 20% restocking fees and shipping charges. I am so unhappy and frustrated. I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND MATTRESS FIRM....BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: May 31, 2022

Not just bad customer service but NO customer service. I spent over $4000. on a mattress and adjustable bed frame which DOES NOT WORK. Despite phone calls to the retail location - Mattress Firm, Crossroads Town Center, 2920 E. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286 USA I have not received any customer service to handle the frame that DOES NOT WORK. I WAS TOLD TO CALL THE MANUFACTURER DIRECTLY AND DID. Still not fixed. Over a month and numerous attempts to reach out for assistance in getting this brand new fully warranted purchase handled. Forget this company. Better to just save money and buy online. I thought that by going to a retail location I would get service. WRONG.

Original review: May 16, 2022

My purchase - Sleepys mattress from Mattress Firm, Colorado Springs. My purchase was in March 2021. In less than a year it sagged and has been miserable. I went into the store and complained. They told me that they do not cover the warranty and that I have to contact the company Sleepy’s that handles it. They said it would probably be hard to get it covered because I also lay back against pillows in the evening. The store gave me a link to contact Sleepy’s to file get warranty form. That took me in circle after circle to get to the complaint which didn’t happen. It just said that I would be contacted.

One email and one contact resulted in the store still pretending they can’t get in touch with Sleepy’s. I intend to keep pursuing a refund. According to your site, Sleepy’s is out of business and Mattress Firm is responsible for that company. Shouldn’t the mattress tag say Mattress Firm since the tag says it was made in 2021? Any mattress should last more than a year under a 5 yr warranty.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I have to give my review here since it is unbelievably bad. I purchased mattress April 20 and now it is May 16 but they haven’t done delivery COI with my building yet. (To be fair, another data point is my moving company get COI done within 4 hours). The worst part is that they never do what they promised. During these weeks, I have emailed them around 10 to 20 times, and called them over 5 times, each time they promised me it will be done soon but never happened.. They did an attempted delivery on a wrong date, and ignored my COI communications. Over these weeks, I have talked to customer service even warehouse guys but none worked. Once they told me that COI is done, but when I talked to building, they never sent it out. I am not sure what makes delivering a mattress so challenging for them. During the call, I even offer to help several times, each time they assure me it is fine while in reality, they just don’t care about it that’s why it is fine for them.

Resolution response: May 12, 2022

Received my funds back the next day after this review. 13 days seems like a long time especially when they can take in a minute.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Made a purchase on a couple of mattresses. Called to cancel order due to financial problems. I was told it would be 3 to 5 days for the return of funds. Called the next week and was told 7 to 10 days. Still waiting on the return of funds, It has been 16 days now (12 business days) and still nothing. They will take your money real quick but it's a headache to get it back. Real friendly staff but the financial department needs some help.

Original review: May 6, 2022

IF YOU WANT SERVICE FOR THE LONG TERM, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS STORE!!! I purchased the top of the line ($1,400) adjustable base less than 5 years ago. In January the remote stopped working. I tried changing batteries with no success. I did not purchase a warranty because I was buying the best. I was never told if something goes wrong there is no way to fix it. I have been to this store 3 times. No one has helped. I am on my own. I spent a total of over $4,000 dollars. My bed is not flat, I am not sleeping well and it has now been 4 months.

No one has reasonably explained to me if I purchased a warranty who would have come to my house to fix it? All I have wanted is a service call in which I will pay. I understand it is not under warranty, however, for the price I paid, why can't it be fixed? Maybe they're hoping I'll purchase a new one in our throwaway culture. I am not looking for free service. I am a senior female and not handy. It was suggested I call the manufacturer and after an hour to get through to someone, they wanted to talk me through how to fix the bed myself. HORRIBLE, no empathy at all from Mattress Firm. How can there not be a person that they can recommend to have me gladly pay to fix my bed?

A side note when I went to leave a review for the adjustable base. Mattress Firm makes it clear that a reviewer not discuss service, only the product. That says it all!!! With the mattress industry changing so dramatically via online shopping, the amazing choices, prices and return policies, one of the main reasons to shop at a retail store is for service.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Have phoned them 20 times… Forget email they never respond…. Bought thousands of dollars of mattresses and they have owed me a $3200.00 refund for a month… They put me on hold for 55 minutes couple of days ago and promised to overnight a check but of course no check once again. Run from these dead beats…

Original review: April 23, 2022

I mistakenly put the wrong city for my shipping and my mattress got lost in the mail. It said delivered. I was petrified it would take weeks to get my bed to me. Mattress Firm immediately sent me out another bed without making me wait for any long process. They were great. My mattress is so comfortable. It was described as plush and it is just that. Very soft and not firm. I built my plate form with headboard quick and easily, since I ordered online and didn’t opt for anyone to build it for me. Overall great experience. Customer service was excellent. Bed is comfortable.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I purchased a mattress from this company. A Beauty Rest Signature by Simmons. I paid almost $1300 for the mattress. Within a few years it began to break down on one side. Sagging so badly you could not see across the bed. It was like climbing a mountain to get to the middle of the bed. When in the middle you will roll off into the pit of hell that makes your back hurt so bad you can't sleep. I jumped through all of their hoops and got back what I expected. It's normal wear. Malarkey!

Nothing's normal about a hole so deep it's a struggle to get out of. But because the pad puffs back up (as it should) when you get out of the bed it doesn't show in procedure. Do they care? Heck now they don't. You can't talk to anyone. All you get is their Mattress Firm Robot and that so unprofessional it's comical and very sad. Mattress Firm and Simmons should both be ashamed of themselves for letting their brands be handle so unprofessionally. I will do everything within my power to let anyone within the sound of my voice know that they should not in any way do business with this organization.

Original review: March 28, 2022

The warranty reviews are accurate. Paid $1600 for a mattress. Submitted photos and all required information to be denied. Company stated they do not cover tears in mattress seams. The mattress is only a year old. Do not trust or buy from Mattress Firm. Warranty is a fake. Plus the mattress was discontinued. More evidence that the product was worthless.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I bought Mattress Firm 3 yrs ago. Recently issues warranty claim as mattress is sagging. Claim had to have mattress measured for depth of sag. It was sagging on left side as I complained. My mattress is not covered because it has a stain on top left corner that is barely visible. It is from dog jumping on bed when sheets were off, he can always find the mud. It dried & is barely visible by ANY Stain invalidates warranty. So now have $1300 mattress with sag on adjustable bed platform. I’m 72. Barely slept on it for 2 of 4 yrs as am consultant so it is definitely a RIP OFF.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Refused order on a delivery because the product was not what was described on the web. Was told that this was OK by the store and they are refusing to refund my money. This company is a total complete rip off. My expectation was that they were going to honor their word however they don’t and you can’t get a hold of anybody whatsoever.

Original review: March 19, 2022

In 2019 we purchased the IntelliBed. After 2.5 years, the mattress started sagging in many areas. I worked with Alex from Mattress Firm in Leominster and Natasha District Manager to get mattress returned. After trying out several beds, we decided to purchase another brand. Alex and Natasha were most helpful. I give the customer experience an 'A'. Note: NEVER NEVER remove and tags off mattress. Removal of tags voids warranty.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I purchased a new mattress and adjustable bed from Mattress Firm and when I did I was informed that it would be about 4 weeks before it was available, no problem. We set a delivery date and I was informed that the merchandise would be available before the delivery date. About two weeks before the delivery date I called and asked to move up the delivery day and was told that would not be an issue. On the new delivery date, no delivery. I contacted the store and they could not explain but set a new date two days later. Guess what, again no delivery. I contacted the warehouse and they explained that the store had not made the requested changes to the delivery. Apparently left hand has no idea what the right is doing, in the meantime Mattress Firm has my $3000 + and I have no new mattress!

Original review: March 15, 2022

Before buying a new bed, I researched several brands and companies. I decided to purchase a hybrid memory foam over coil Simmons from Mattress Firm because of the "sleep guarantee" for 3 months. Plus they had a decent deal on the bed and 0% financing. However after only 1 yr, the center of the bed has a depression in the middle, so bad that you feel like you are rolling towards the center all the time. I contacted the sales people who suggested I file a warranty claim on the Mattress Firm website. They also told me it was unlikely I would get anything for the warranty....Well they were right! Nothing! I submitted the pictures requested in exactly the manner they requested on the website. After a few days, they told me that the bed had "normal wear". I'm not sure how they can tell that when the top of the bed has memory foam and looks brand new?!? It's the coil structure that feels like it failed. I even said that in the original request. So buyer beware. They DO NOT stand behind their product. After 90 days you are stuck.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Updated on 03/12/2022: Been a week since the installer of my bed accidentally took the remote to the bed, and still no replacement remote. Today I was promised I’d have the replacement remote, but when the installer showed up he said he was here to fix the bed and that he didn’t have a remote and didn’t know what I was talking about. Impossible to speak to anyone from Mattress Firm and still waiting for a call back which I was supposed to get 2 days ago!

Mistake are made but incompetent people is another issue. The fact that they’d believe their tech even though the picture they took shows my tv remotes and not the bed remote goes to show how unwilling and pathetic they are! Told they will be sending out a replacement remote tomorrow. Can hardly wait to see if they can get it right. I even had one customer service rep tell me take my mattress and sleep on the floor until the problem is resolved.

Original Review: Had techs come to house and install headboard to bed, accidentally took bed remote. Called immediately once I noticed it was missing, 10 minutes. Refused to help, told me driver didn’t have it and contact store. Refused to let me speak with a supervisor, told me one would call me back. It’s been over 24 hrs no call. When I asked how was I supposed to sleep in my bed since the left it with feet elevated above head. I was told to put the mattress on floor. I have that in writing! I guess they think I am a dog that has I’d sleep on the floor instead of a bed set that I just spent big bucks for.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I wish I can give them 0 Star. Hassle return policy and wasting your time. There is some companies trying to make money and servicing the customers the best way like Costco, and there is companies trying only making money and don't care about customers like Mattress Firm. I bought Beauty rest King size and after 4 months sagging, my weight 205 LBs.

- They have only 120 days return policy and they will charge you to send it back.
- They will charge you restocking fee 10% if you need an exchange or 20% to return it.
- Delivery people will deliver it for you in the entrance or garage and will charge you extra $100 if you need specific room.

- The mattress sagging in my case and I spend almost 2 hours taking pictures and open a warranty case to file a claim and took 5 days for them to inform me the sagging within manufacture range.

Note: I have the same brand for 11 years now in different room and it's in excellent condition. Save your time and money and buy your mattress from Costco, free shipping in any room you want and free return policy even after a year, and it will take you only 10 seconds to order a return. Not recommended at all.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I received this as a replacement product for a foam /unbreathable mattress that I had bought from them a month earlier. Paid an additional almost $200/ because it was supposed to have better support, better quality and be very breathable. The first day I slept on it my back started hurting so I asked my teenage son to try it. He woke up in the middle of the time and told me Mom I need my bed back my back hurts. I called and asked to return it. Additional $200/ for returns because they do not take more than one for free. I have been sleeping on it this past week waiting for a new order. I have had terrible legs pulling, backaches and had to take ** every night before bed. Finally slept on the carpeted floor.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I filed a warranty claim in Dec, finally had it approved in January and still don’t have a bed. I get nothing but excuses and lame sales tactics from the Walla Walla store manager and little support from the company itself. Do your research before you buy from this company. They have a history of poor customer service if there are any problems with their product. You are not a priority unless you’re spending money.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Went to store to file a claim and were told it had to be done on line and would take about 10 min. Took over an hour because of all the pictures they required. The store Manager and a salesperson said that what we showed then in a picture should not happen. Sent everything in that was required and 5 days later got an email that the claim was denied. No one came to look at the problem and how could someone sitting in an office make that decision from a picture when the people that sell the product everyday said this issue should not happen. I don't think I would ever buy another product from them. They tout how great their warranties are to get you to buy and then deny any claim you have after.

Mattress Firm Company Information