3.65/5
Based on 1,364 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a good mattress?

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

Need a good mattress?

2648 Mattress Firm Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

Bought a mattress and foundation from Mattress Firm on 6/1/2019. Still no delivery. I have called three times, written multiple reviews and still cannot get them to arrange delivery. My order was not inexpensive, I paid for a high quality bed and adjustable frame (not the free frame) so one would think the company would want to provide exceptional customer service. I gave them the best delivery dates for me but also said I could be flexible. Still feeling brushed off. Am considering cancelling the order and purchasing elsewhere. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Do no buy any clearance or discounted mattress from Mattress Firm. I bought my Simmons Beautyrest on clearance and it is failing with no support for the mattress or Mattress Firm. Because they are clearance they won’t back their own product. They denied my warranty claim on a product that’s supposed to have a 20 year warranty and only lasted 4 years. Mattress Firm should still back the structural integrity of their clearance or as is models, it’s not like I’m saying it has a stain or a tear. Especially when the salesman still told us that any of their mattresses that sag over 1.5” are covered. This is deceptive behavior by Mattress Firm and their employees.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Called from Florida, ordered 4 mattresses on 5/27/2019 and advised to deliver on 6/10/2019 to Suwanee, GA because we do not have new apartment keys till then. Received an email with order and deliver date as advised. Next day received email that order has shipped. Called back to fix the stupidity. Lady got FedEx online and they confirmed that they attempted delivery. Mattress Firm rep advised FedEx to ship back to sender and resend on 6/8/2019. The rep confirmed it will do so. Today no mattresses. Called back and were advised that king size was delivered on 6/06/2019. Advised that is not possible since we were still in FL and did not get the keys till today. Was on phone with them for 1h 27min to be told that they will resend it but it will take 7-10 days. At 8pm was told that manager will call me back. It is now 11pm. Now I am forced to sleep on the floor with 3 kids or go to the hotel. NEVER EVER ORDER FROM THEM!

Original review: June 2, 2019

1, I bought a fairly expensive mattress and bed frame since the other mattress warranty was voided because I did not have the correct frame. That mattress sagged in the middle.. 2, Bought what I thought was a good mattress in 2015. It started buckling on the side. I go back to Mattress Firm they tell me they no longer sell this product because of the problems with the manufacturer and don’t talk about what they can do to help us. I feel this company is a complete rip-off. I will never go to another Mattress Firm.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Updated on 06/03/2019: After getting the run around and being promised a mattress that wasn't in stock I got an email and a call from Angie at customer relations with Mattress Firm - Angie worked diligently after the debacle to get a comparable mattress delivered in a short turn around with red carpet service (that wasn't previously offered)! Just like that I can let bygones be bygones and look to a more honest and productive buying experience with mattress firm next time! #squeakywheel

Original: On May 25th I ordered a mattress and adjustable base through Mattress Firm. Amazingly the base arrived on Memorial Day with the understanding that the mattress will take 5-8 business days (once shipped). When I made the purchase it didn't alert me to low stock or a backorder situation. I checked my account for a tracking number a couple days after the base arrived with no results. I started the process of trying to connect via chat and phone - hours of wait on both got me nowhere. The first time I talked to a young man (cs) he told me that there wasn't any info yet (5 days after purchase). I called the next day - same man called me back to say it was in the process of being shipped/label printed and it would be here by Wednesday. AWESOME (better late than never)!

The next morning I checked my account for the tracking number and it didn't exist. When I called back a young lady told me they hadn't produced a shopping label & she had no idea when it would be shipped since it now wasn't in stock! WHAT. Now it's unavailable & on backorder with the window now being weeks to a month! You sold me an item that wasn't in stock without saying so. Your CS lied to preserve the false advertisement and now they won't let me post a review on their site of this debacle! If you're in Houston go see Mack at Gallery Furniture - not Mattress Firm. They just don't care. It's their corporate raider model!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: May 29, 2019

After finding out from the doctor that my ongoing back issues may be from the mattress I purchased months ago I went back to the store to talk to a salesman about my purchase. I told this salesman that I had recently purchased a mattress that may be causing a lots of pain and discomfort with my back according to my doctor? I also told this salesman that when I purchased my mattress I told the salesman at that time I needed a firm mattress since there is a history of back problems. He suggested the Dream Bed Lux for a memory foam option. I told him I wanted the firmest of these he said that the 7 series was there firmest line.

Yesterday when I was discussing my issues with the salesman at my local store and told him I had the firmest Dream Bed Lux 7 series he told me that was the softest mattress they make! I have thought for months now that the bed seemed soft! No wonder since this ill informed salesman sold me the wrong series!! I'm really pissed and will take this to the BBB and all websites to express my dissatisfaction with this large purchase mishap! Angry! Tom **

Original review: May 29, 2019

Wanted a firm mattress. Was sold a plus firm, not knowing that it is not a full firm (because the industry seems to have shifted since the last time I purchased a new mattress and who knew?). 5 weeks in, the mattress began sagging/losing support. Called store, asked that it be taken back, requested no fee for "re-stocking" charge (because, what are they restocking). One rep (nice person) wanted to get it picked up the next day. That would not work for me. I went to the store towards the end of the week (last week - pre Memorial Day). I declined to purchase a different mattress. Requested to speak with her area manager three times (and this wasn't the first time). She called me later that evening and accused me of having a "bad base." Still would not give me information about how to contact her area manager.

Next day, I called the Houston, TX corporate office, got a rep who got the area manager to call me (5/24) and I had to relay the entire saga before that happened. Long story short, he worked it out to have the mattress picked up today (5/29) (as is stated on the paper-work I walked out of the store with, last week) with a full refund, when he called me yesterday (5/28) to confirm. He assured me I'd get a call with a 2-hour pick-up time-frame window. Did not receive a call, could not start my work-day (and attend to additional important business this morning) because I had to again (AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN) call corporate, find a live person (for new sales, press....) who got me to another live person who told me that the store scheduled the pick-up of my mattress for FRIDAY who then got me to another person who is due to reach out to the area manager (as if I trust that this will be her priority).

So yes, I am back on the phone (on hold) again, to get this resolved and gratefully, got the same person I spoke with initially on Friday (not three times) to get this taken care of. As it turns out, there was a tragedy at the warehouse. I was not notified, had to spend way too much time to find out, and now I have neighbors involved to get this out of my small home. The company is so compartmentalized and while store reps are "in the know" about what is taking place, to really get the assistance you need (seemingly at this store/that "manager") one must go "up the ladder" to get results. Way too much time, way too much aggravation and .... go someplace else for your new mattress, because their system is their system is their system and .... too much time, too much aggravation.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Six months back I had the opportunity to visit the Mattress Firm in Cottman Ave Philadelphia with my wife. I was a satisfied customer with Raymour and Flanigan for last 12 years. As we were shopping around for a mattress we told the salesman that the difficulties we are facing and we are looking to buy a new mattress. We currently had king size bed and the salesmen lured us to buy a queen size bed mentioning to us that we have a 120 day return policy not mentioning anything what is hidden behind those returns.

We tried and tried the mattress but instead of getting better the rest became horrible. Then I thought I would return it but they gave me so much hard time to return it and then we started to look for another mattress - a king size - and I started working with the store manager thinking he will provide me with a bed which would be comfortable but unfortunately this time also disappointment only came. I spent around 4K to get comfortable rest in the night but it's all gone in vain. I am stuck with this mattress. Anyone who is going to buy a mattress from this company should use DUE DILIGENCE because they promise so many things but they don't DELIVER. A very DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I ordered a mattress, box spring, and bed frame. Received the mattress and box spring within the week. Never got a delivery email on the bed frame. Called a week later and was told I would receive an email when it ships, could take a week. No email - used the online chat and was told the same thing... Nothing. Received an email saying it was out of stock and would be for 2 months. This was 2 weeks in. In the same day I received an email saying it was back in stock. I called to see what was going on and was reassured it was back in stock and to wait for my delivery email. A week later I received another out of stock email. Called and asked for a different bed frame instead. Waited another week and instead of getting a delivery email I got another out of stock email. This is when I gave up... Hopefully I will receive my refund, but the odds are against me.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Caveat emptor!! I ordered a Homelegance Harley bed set from Mattress Firm in April 2019. It is now the middle of May and it has still not arrived. I tried talking to the original salesman, who is nearly impossible to reach. Finally I reached another salesman who contacted him, but he will not speak directly to me. This second salesman told me what he thinks I want to hear, not the reality. Now I go on the Mattress Firm website and the Harley bed set is no longer listed. Apparently it is now unavailable. Does that mean temporarily out of stock? I still cannot reach the salesman. Beware! You have been warned.

Mattress Firm Company Information