3.61/5
Based on 1,206 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a good mattress?

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

Need a good mattress?

Mattress Firm Reviews

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I purchased a "High Quality".... Premont Pillow Top. Model: G2941HR-1060. Manufactured by: Corsicana Bedding....King mattress and box springs in Rockwall TX. I was told that the mattress will not sink with our weight (260/155) and that it was guaranteed for 10 years. I also bought an insurance to be on the safe side. Guess what, the mattress sunk in about a year more than 3" in the body center of each side. When I went back to the store, I was told to contact my Mattress Insurance company. So I did and they told me there was nothing they could do. This has got to be the most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept in. I have several properties with beds from Sam's and other sources and are in way better shape than this one at less than 1/2 the price. Now I need to buy a new one. It certainly will not be from this store. Extremely disappointed!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Hello, I bought a mattress at the Mattress Firm at the beginning/ middle of July here in Manchester, New Hampshire. Had it delivered to my home around the 13th of July. My old mattress laid on my floor and we never had ANY problems. I was freshly home from Pennsylvania and I was relaxing in bed with my boyfriend and just so happened to catch a glimpse of something on the wall and all I could think was oh god a tick! (They’re awful here.) I asked my boyfriend to see what it was and when he looked he said “oh god, how did a tick get in here.” I jumped up and checked and it was way worse than a tick! A bed bug. I was appalled and prayed for it to be a lone straggler.

We had an exterminator come and do an inspection, he found none in the mattress I bought from the mattress firm.. but found a BUNCH in the base. Bed bugs can not climb metal, it is a known fact. Which means a bed bug infested mattress was placed on my “new” adjustable base, untreated, and then sent to my home and I have a 10 month old baby! I am disgusted.

I called for assistance and was told there were no other reports so they must have came from my home. We had NO bed bugs prior to this purchase. They’re still not in my couch or my spare bed (which is my old mattress that was on the floor exactly where this new base was placed) or my son's bed. We decided to call corporate for further assistance and received none. This experience has been time consuming and very aggravating! I have had to take off multiple days of work for the washing, spraying and bagging of everything I own because I was sent an infested base. DO NOT buy from the mattress firm!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

On 8/19/2019 we paid $2,374.78 for a mattress and adjustable base from Mattress Firm. Not the cheapest thing around but we thought it was worth it. The promised delivery date was scheduled for September 10th. This day came and went with no call, no email, no notice of any kind that our mattress would not be delivered. I called the salesman and was told that there had been a mixup at the warehouse and that our mattress was not available but would be delivered September 16.

Yesterday the mattress arrived and based on the condition of this mattress we refused delivery. This thing had at least one hole that we found, and was dirty on both sides of the mattress - like picked up on the side of the road dirty. So as soon as this happens I call to get a refund and the salesman apologized then promised a full refund. (I’m thinking that’s mighty thoughtful of ya man.) When I check the bank at 5pm today looking to confirm the refund I see that once again the Mattress Firm has failed to deliver. I call the salesman to ask what happened. He says a refund will take another 5-7 days.

This is unacceptable. The money they took from my account for a mattress they took a month to FAIL TO DELIVER is not something I am willing to tolerate giving them use of for another week. When I contacted customer support I was invited by Megan to submit a form and request a faster refund. This means that after THEY mess up, THEY kept my money for a month. THEY FAILED TO DELIVER AS AGREED. I am required to fill out paperwork so THEY will do their job and refund money they have not earned. This company is a disaster and I would highly recommend avoiding them at all costs. I’ve posted photos on Facebook, the Mattress Firm website and yelp so far. I’m happy to share here if I can find the option.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Placed an order over the phone on Wed. Was advised that I would receive tracking information within 24-48 hours. It is now 5 days later and I have still not received any tracking information. Upon calling customer service, the rep on the phone stated that I would not receive any tracking information until the item ships and that doesn't happen until 7-10 business days after the purchase!! I think this company is very misleading and just tries to push their sales!!!! I could have easily went in and placed my order in store and had it delivered within 2 days but chose to go the online route since the promotions were a little better.. I should have never second guessed myself!!! Do not place an order online or over the phone unless you plan on waiting for your delivery... Go in store if anything!!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Overpriced, pushy sales, and unexplained policies. My first bed here was too soft so I got an "exchange" bed and unfortunately, you're only allowed one return or exchange. My replacement bed is even more uncomfortable than my first one and I'm waking up with back, shoulder, and hip pain every day. I spent nearly $2000 for a mattress I despise and cannot return it since it was a clearance item and my "exchange" bed. I'm now looking for another mattress online that includes a 365 day return policy and this $2000 I spent here is basically going to waste because of it. Very disappointing. Mattress firm itself needs to do better with their exchange policies and pushy sales tactics all-around. The online companies with their 365-day policies and UNLIMITED EXCHANGES will eventually put them out of business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Mattress Firm bought Sleep Train but their customer service and client first philosophy has not carried over. Made a warranty claim on a mattress that was sagging after a year. Jumped through a bunch of hoops showing the sag in the mattress. They refused to honor the claim. I have bought several mattress for myself and 4 kids at Sleep Train and had nothing but great service. Mattress Firm is a company that I will not do business with ever again and anyone who is thinking about buying a mattress should go elsewhere. I really don’t think this company is going to be around much longer with how they conduct their business.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Purchased a mattress on Labor Day through live chat. At no time during our conversation was it mentioned to me It could not be returned. Trying to reach someone through the phone is impossible! They say leave your number for a call back and you will not lose your place in line. (It’s been 3 days.) I’ve emailed and live chatted with someone. They promised several times someone would get back to me. “No One Ever Does”. Their customer service is really bad! All they care about was making a sale. Don’t get me started on the smell of the mattress. Strong concentrated smell. It’s been a week and can’t sleep on the mattress due to the smell. Will never purchase from Mattress Firm again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I purchase 2 mattress about 3 years ago, one is fine the other is terrible. It sags and I feel like I am sleeping in a valley. I contacted the Mattress Firm store where both mattress were purchased at the same time and was given a form to complete along with a request for pictures. I completed the form, took the pictures as requested and returned the form with the pictures as required.

I then receive response saying more information is required. It stated there were 11 more pieces of information required. One of which was a short video of the mattress. It also stated that I was to remove the mattress and take pictures of the tags then lay a stick across the mattress and take more pictures. I am a 84 year old man and removing the mattress is not a option. If this was not possible then someone could could come to my home to inspect this mattress for a cost of $79. Then I was told there was no one in my area that could do this. I live in the Chicago area?? So my question is this...what good is the warranty??? Anyone have the phone number of the Better Business Bureau??

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I just got screwed by mattress firm. I paid 2753.88 for a mattress and base on Labor Day weekend and I hate the mattress 2 days later so I called them and between all their stupid return fees they say I will get back $922.42 for the $1999.00 mattress and cannot return the base which I paid $599.00 for which was on sale from $1099.00 of which I was not told. The base is lousy as it pushes you away from your nightstand by 1 foot! Never told that! He just said $599 for base. Well when wanting to return mattress my refund was debited the $500 sale amount I got for base since mattress was returned. Sneaky!! So I paid $1099.00 for a cheap base! Those thieves are only out for themselves and not customers.

I will seek EVERY avenue, the press and everywhere else I can to expose these thieves! I hope to stop even one person from buying from there. Then he called cops cuz I told him over the phone he will burn in Hell for cheating people. Cops called and lectured me, haha. So I guess that must be a threat nowadays? Anyway I just asked cop to not shop at Mattress Firm!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We bought a mattress 5 years ago. With a a 10 year warranty. The began to sag in the middle so we contacted Mattress Firm and followed their policy. 3 weeks later they decided not to honor our warranty but if you pay 79.99 we can send somebody out to look at it and maybe they can make a new decision. Why in the would I trust them. I wrote a bad review so customer service tried to contact me about my review. I’ve called back 4 times and only get a recording in a scam. Don’t buy from them.

Mattress Firm Company Information