2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.04/5

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

Mattress Firm Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Horrible experience 10 to 20 calls. The store cannot give any information on refunds. They will not give a number to call. They say, "We will find a manager," they don't call back. "We will find salesperson," they will not call back. Unprofessional, Nasty, unknowable and just don't care if they lose sale. THEY JUST WON'T HELP.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I bought a mattress and the salesperson said it just came from a online sales that the person just ordered the wrong size. It looked brand new. It was delivered to my house and it was sanitized and used. The manager had no clue how old it even was. They hauled off my previous mattress and wouldn't return it and I don't want a used mattress. We are under a pandemic, salesperson not wearing masks like state requires, no protection on any mattresses in the store except for your feet to protect the consumers from covid and the mattress wasn't lables properly.

The truck showed up on time but with no mattress on it, so all appointment delivery times were off over a hour after my house because they had to drive back to the store and pick up my mattress. My old mattress was donated and in the company policy they are not even supposed to remove any personal property. I am getting all of my money back through my own resources to get it from them for both mattress and will never buy anything from them or refer anyone to them. You don't get cashback you, have to buy another mattress if unhappy. Mattress can be returned after 120 days and some even up to a year if not happy. Beware, you buy a mattress you have no clue if it will really be new or not! Your brand new mattress could end up being used. They should not be reselling used mattresses period!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Non existing customer service, it took me calling my bank to get anything done. Complete disgrace. Requested an address change multiple times and still messed up the address. Tried to cancel my order for a week straight. They advertise “will respond within 24 hours”. Yeah that’s a total joke. Like I said I called all the customer service lines and speaking to someone isn’t a thing. I called corporate and no ANSWER TO ANYTHING. I tried to cancel my order using the tools they told me to use to cancel my order, I did this multiple times as well. It took me calling my bank, this was over a week later of trying to cancel my order, for them to then contact me literally 30 minutes after getting off the phone with my bank for them to get back to me. I don’t recommend at all.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

Purchase a mattress on October 2017 and in less than three years the mattress was sagging and it's extremely uncomfortable to sleep. After the manufacture states that we had a 20 year warranty the manufacture claim it was normal wear. Our mattress was sinking over 2 inches and you get the feeling as if you are falling off the bed. Buyer beware the mattress was good for a year and than the sagging began. Don't buy this product you will be disappointed and Simmons does not stand behind their product.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I Purchased a Queen Harley Bed Frame and during payment the website glitched and I had purchased it 4 times before realizing it. Luckily, since I used PayPal, a few days later they gave me the money back. Then I purchased It again because I still wanted one, and weeks after paying for it, they told me it was out of stock and asked if I wanted a refund or to wait until it is restocked. I chose to wait. Then when tracking the order It said That It was going to be shipped in some weeks, and also that someone was going to call me in 48 hours to schedule a delivery. I never got that call so I just decided to stick with the date they gave me. There were no branches near me, so while on vacation I saw a store and decided to stop in where they said I ordered from a franchised branch and that they couldn’t access my order or change anything. After that I wanted to change the delivery address because I was moving.

After multiple call attempts and emails they said my delivery address was changed successfully. I kept tracking the order for weeks but every time it still said it was going to be delivered to the previous address. I decided to call again where they sent me the same email weeks ago saying it wasn’t in stock and asking if I wanted a refund or to wait until it was restocked. I planned my whole move around the date it said it would be delivered and now they said they don’t even have one in stock. It’s months later. I’ve always been known to be an optimist, and I really like seeing the bright side but I’m sorry I’m really struggling to find anything good with Mattress Firm.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Bought a mattress from the Noblesville store about 3 weeks ago. After having it for 7 days, it developed a bump in the middle of it. Called the store and they said we needed to give it another week to 10 days to see if the bump leveled out. After 10 days there was no change. Called the store to exchange. When they came out, they noticed what appeared to be a very light yellow color spot on the very top of the mattress that might have been there since day 1.

We never noticed it since it was so light and immediately threw sheets on the bed after the mattress was installed- which we picked up- they did not deliver. The employees that brought the exchange would not give us the new mattress because they claimed it was apparent that our baby must have went to the bathroom up by our head when she was sleeping with us. My baby happens to be 16 years old and she does not sleep with us up by our headboard. No toddler in our house. Furthermore, whatever it was wiped clean with a damp cloth... no soap required.

I complained to the store manager in Noblesville, Johnathan (who is a joke in himself) and he told us, "Too bad. Our warranty clearly states that no exchanges on mattress that have a stain." THERE WAS NO STAIN. The definition of a stain is: mark (something) with colored patches or dirty marks that are not easily removed. As mentioned above, a wet towel with no soap easily removed whatever mark this was on the mattress. So it was EASILY removed. We spent almost $1000 on this mattress that we have had for less than a month. Furthermore, this mark may have been there when we bought it and we missed it due to the location of it. Maybe if they would have picked it up when we requested and not made us keep in another 10 days we would not have had this problem.

I know there are a lot of good reviews on here... but a lot of bad as well. My only suggestion is don't go to the Noblesville store. Johnathan, who claims he is the store manager, is useless! Also, may I suggest, be sure to look at the back of your receipt before you leave the store. That is where their warranty is located.... Which I never knew until just the other day. Our salesman never told us about it.

We just wanted to exchange a mattress that we only had for 7 days. No refund. Did not want my money back. Just an exchange. Johnathan in Noblesville needs to go to customer service etiquette school and learn how to talk to customers too. When someone spends almost $1000 in your store and a problem arises in 7 days, you don't treat them like crap. But that's probably the only way he knows how to act. Stay away from the Noblesville store unless they fire Johnathan!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Mattress Firm, WARWICK, RI is NOT the place to purchase a mattress. They have NO mattresses in stock. I purchased a mattress set (paid in full). and was promised a two week delivery date. The night before the delivery they called and said at least another month. I cancelled the order. They take your money anxiously, but will only return it 7 -10 days later. I purchased the goods with a debit card. Everybody knows... a refund should only take a day or two... Terrible place... Buyers BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress and unfortunately, it wasn’t a match. My salesperson Jannack **, he told me his name was Ken, was very friendly and actively communicated with me until I mentioned I wanted to exchange. He immediately disappeared and didn’t answer my numerous texts/calls. I had to contact the area manager of Manhattan, Julio **, which when I explained what was going on and why I was so angry for being ignored for so long, not at him but the situation, he told me I was speaking to him like a child and I can call him back when I’m calm. I did not speak to him like a child. I merely asked if the customer service I experienced was what it should be. He didn’t answer. Finally I found a salesperson that could help me and understood why I was so upset.

I hope there are repercussions for salespeople like the one who sold me my mattress, “Ken” and area managers should help increase customer satisfaction. I was willing to work with him, but he offered me no solutions. I am entitled to an exchange within the first 120 days, as per the contract I signed with Mattress Firm, and I was treated as if I wanted something that wasn’t justified, was ignored, and told I was being rude when I was asserting myself to the area manager who should have been able to be more understanding and helpful. I also had to teach them the exchange policy limit is 10% max $250 plus delivery, they gave me a completely different number appx $500.

I would NEVER EVER recommend mattress firm going forward to any of my friends, family, or colleagues and will tell them my full experience. It was great in the beginning and then they don’t uphold their professionalism once the check is paid and exchanging or returning is a nightmare, if you can even get someone on the phone.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I purchased 2 beds on 8/13/20 and was told delivery would take 3 to 5 days. My wife and children arrived from California on the 21st of August and today is the 25th of August, still no beds. Can't get through to customer service and it's obvious they truly don't care!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

We purchased a Queen size mattress for our high schooler 2 years ago. The salesman said it had a great 10 year warranty and would last him through college. In just barely over 2 years there is a HUGE sag in the middle and one side is collapsing. What used to be a comfortable place to get a good night's sleep now causes restless nights and body aches. When we turned it into their warranty company, we were told the warranty was void because there was a small stain on the mattress. The stain is approx 3-4 inches wide by the head of the bed, nowhere near the parts of the mattress that are failing. My son had spilled a drink on it before the mattress cover arrived from shipping. They are unwilling to support their product or honor their warranty. I will never be buying a mattress from there again and will discourage everyone I know from purchasing anything from there either.

Mattress Firm Company Information