3.67/5
Based on 1,562 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a good mattress?

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

2636 Mattress Firm Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I ordered a mattress through their online chat for the president's sale. Was told that the mattress would be shipped so it would arrive on March 8th (so basically Adeline, the lady I talked to said she would tell shipping to hold the order until it gets shipped out on a day that would time it perfectly to arrive on the 8th. She assured me twice that this won’t be an issue). Well, the next day I checked the tracking and it showed that it would arrive February 28th, so a week before I even move into my apartment. I called the hotline, left my phone number twice for a call back but was never called back. On the chat I was told then that they had already sent out my mattress. I asked for an immediate cancellation of the order. I was told I would receive a cancellation email within 24 hours. This was on Friday. It's now Monday evening and I still have yet to receive a cancellation email.

Also I was told on Friday that they requested the sales person to cancel the order. Then on Sunday when I asked about this again, I was told that FedEx was already in possession of my items. The lady requested FedEx to return the items so my cancellation could be processed (why hasn’t this already been done on Friday when I asked for the cancellation?). I waited until today and did an inquiry again. This time I was told that one of my mattress is back on its way to the manufacturer as requested but my other item is still on its way to me. Like what the hell! First of all this was your guy’s fault that this happened but then I have to be on top of the cancellation process, literally checking on it every single day to make sure that the items are actually being returned so I can get my money back. Super frustrated, I just want my money back and be done with this place.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Advertised on website if you order within certain hours, your order “Arrives in 3-5 business days”- FALSE! I placed an order on 2/19/19 timestamped 9:20AM, I received Fedex confirmation that it will arrive on 2/28/19. This is close to 8 business days!!! Will never buy from this company again!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Overall I've had a horrible experience with Mattress Firm. From the delivery being charged on me without notice to a misleading sales agent saying the a bed frame would be included with every purchase no charge. I have phone conversations and also emails between the salesperson and I confirming there would be no restock, no delivery charge, pick up charge or administrative fees if I was not happy with a purple mattress I bought. Mattress came with a special event sales giving customers supposedly a free mattress base. The sales person repeatedly told me that I was to keep the base. It was not returnable. There would be no charge for it and that I had at least a hundred and twenty nights to enjoy the mattress. If I found a mattress to be uncomfortable I could return it for a full refund. The adjustable bed base would be mine to keep.

At no time did the salesperson tell me Mattress Firm would deduct the price of the base if I returned the mattress. I consider this serious business fraud. Never was it pointed out to me in writing or otherwise that the price of the base would be charged to me if the mattress was returned. I have emails between the salesperson and I stating there would be no fees charged or retained if the mattress was returned. The correspondence also states I would get my full 100% refund. Please don't do business with this fraudulent company. The sales agents are out to make a sale and do not care about the customer. They are not trustworthy. It is no wonder why this company has filed for bankruptcy. All I want is to return ALL the merchandise and get 100% refund as promised. I WOULD GIVE THIS COMPANY ZERO STARS IF THAT WAS AN OPTION!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

As a consumer, how comfortable the bed would be was not the only selling point. The other selling point was making promises and being assured that those promises are kept. The sales rep clearly stated we would get headboard brackets and that they would be installed. However, this did not happen. Our bed was delivered December 11, 2018. The person who delivered and set up the bed had no knowledge of the brackets so they did not bring any. We phoned the sales rep that we were working with and he promised he would order them and have them delivered and installed. A week or so later the brackets were scheduled for delivery but we weren't going to be home. The person who was to deliver them said they could not leave the brackets on the porch. So they were sent back.

After countless times on the phone with customer service, we got nowhere. We went into a store and they ordered them for us. When we went to pick them up, they were the wrong size. Again, on the phone and again another delivery of the wrong brackets. We now have 2 sets of brackets that we cannot use; the salesperson said use them as book ends and he would send the correct ones and would be delivered on 2/16/19. We waited and waited...we did not get a delivery. We feel that once a bed was sold, it was not important enough for them to keep their promises. A promise that actually got Mattress Firm the sale of a bed that costed over 3K. We have a good bed but cannot use the headboard and very unhappy with the company!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I bought an Extra-firm mattress in Mattress firm in Port Chester shop on last March. But just a few months later, it already has hole in the middle of the bed (just one person used). I went to the shop where I bought it. The salesperson don't want to help to resolve the problem. He sent you to the customer service center. I took the pictures as they asked. You can see there is 1.5 inch dent in from the photos. But they said it meet the factory standard. They don't exchange the faux mattress for you. The message they gave you is that they don't take any responsibility on their merchandises as long as they are out of their door. Stay away from them. You will be away the nightmare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Bought a $949.99 mattress and in less than 2 years starting breaking down. Went to store with paperwork and was sent back home and told to handle the warranty online myself. Very hard to deal with this procedure, took a couple calls and emails to get results. It’s like they try to make you never to want to deal with them again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I am now forced to deal with, yet again ANOTHER DEFECTIVE MATTRESS from SLEEPY’S/MATTRESS FIRM... We are on our THIRD mattress after the first TWO were deemed "defective" by a third party inspector and consequently returned/exchanged. I cannot even begin to describe the physical/mental anguish both my wife (140lbs) and I (210lbs) have endured since purchasing our 1st mattress from Sleepy's nearly 10 yrs ago. Make/Model of Current Mattress: BeautyRest Phenom Crossover. Size: King. Price: $1,500.00

Even with proper rotation the integrity of the mattress began to deteriorate shortly after the first year and has gotten progressively worse. Now in year 3, the mattress has lost all support and is virtually UNBEARABLE TO SLEEP/LAY ON. The mattress completely envelopes your entire body sinking no less than 4” along the perimeter and up to 6” closer to the center essentially thrusting your body like a sinkhole into the center of the bed and onto your partner as if you were laying on a slope/angle resulting in countless sleepless nights, chronic back/joint pain.

Although body outlines/indentations are visible of both our bodies in the mattress, given its "pillow top" style, the gel foam ultimately masks the severe manufacturer's defects (support/sinking) and returns the mattress on the surface to an "acceptable" sag of less than 1.5" likely resulting in our claim being denied/declined.

I am unsure if I can stomach and/or am willing to endure yet another warranty battle when I simply wanted nothing more than to get what I paid for originally... A good night sleep on quality mattress that lasts more than 3yrs! Hopefully Mattress Firm/Sleepy’s will see this post, do what is right and willing to quickly resolve this matter. Will update post as appropriate.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Got a bed for the second time in less than 1 year and it has given me nothing but backaches. First one did the same thing so I exchanged it for another one. Not happy spending $1200 for something that gives me restless nights.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have no complaint with my >3000$ Beautyrest mattress/boxspring/frame that we purchased a month ago at Mattress Firm in Pittsburgh. So far, the mattress has been quite comfortable. My complaint is that with a mattress set of this expense, I was surprised to find that Mattress Firm charged us 100$ for delivery. Maybe I am expecting too much, but it seems that with a purchase of this amount, delivery should have been free. I am sorry that I didn't just refuse to pay delivery and see what happened! Try that, is my advice to anyone buying there.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I purchased a Serta IComfort mattress for my daughter less than a year ago and it's falling apart. I contacted mattress firm about the warranty and because they sold me a mattress without a law tag they refuse to replace the mattress. They take no blame in selling me a mattress and not honoring the warranty. I will never shop there again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Extremely frustrated with the lack of customer service this company has. My wife and I bought a mattress at the state fair of Texas September of 2018 with the "120 day guaranty" and had our mattress delivered after giving the mattress 45 days like they told us so it would break in. We decided to contact our sales rep Parker ** on November 19 2018. At 1st it went well then the excuses started coming. We decided to go with the Victorian so Parker ok'd to deliver December 8 2018 then he said that they couldn't deliver on the 8th of December and would get back to us. Text us again and said the Victorian was hard to find and wouldn't be able to exchange. He said he could deliver the Victorian on January 5th with a 2 hour window.

January 13th Parker texts that the Victorian is not going to be in stock to deliver so he offered to exchange another mattress or give a refund we chose a refund. So Parker was supposed to set up a pick up and start the refund process on the 27th of January. It never happened and he will not return my text messages now. I have called customer service and keep being promised that a supervisor will contact me within 24 hours. I'm still waiting for the 1st attempt to call me when I called on the 27th to have this resolved. I would not recommend to purchase anything from this company. Also in good faith of the refund I purchased another mattress and I'm stuck with this one. I will definitely escalate this beyond the company and involve anyone who will resolve this with me. My conversations with Parker ** are all text messages so I'm can confirm all of this.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

It's no wonder this company is going out of business. Numerous years ago, my wife and I bought a Simmons mattress/box spring that had warranty issues and they voided our warranty because there was a stain on the mattress, even though it had absolutely no bearing on the issue. I accepted that even though I was far from happy because there was a stain there for sure.

In 6/2015, we replaced our mattress/box spring with a very high end Simmons product again. We purchased the protect a bed cover from them, in fact I wound up buying two of them. There is not a spot on the mattress. They came out, delivered it and set it up. At the time of setup, I made sure with the guys that my base was sufficient to keep my warranty and what not. They told me I was great where that was concerned and I said wonderful. I even wound up adding even more slats to the frame after they had left. As luck would have it, the sidewall on one side of the mattress has blown out and we sent in everything that was asked of us for the warranty claim. I just received my denial stating that my warranty is void because my bed frame is not sufficient. Mind you, the sidewall has nothing to do with what's under the box spring. In fact, an elephant could get on it and not mess it up, that's how sturdy it is.

I would advise anyone to RUN from Mattress Firm. I have found their dealings with us highly unethical. I would say that this is a factor into why this company is a hair's breath from going out of business. Should they do what is right, I will update this message but at this point, I would strongly suggest finding another place to do business and it looks like I'm far from the only person that has experienced very poor dealing with Mattress Firm.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

This is what my comment's about - the Mattress Firm. The company store delivered Hampton & Rhodes Mattress. Came with Box Spring and they delivered them together on 11/2017 and in my life I never thought that I’ve been sleeping with a cardboard box spring. I noticed it before Thanksgiving just less than a year old it started making noise every time I moved so I examined it as I was curious what kind of material or composition they used. What a bad impression that I lift up the box spring and ripped off the black lining at the bottom to see what was the caused of annoying noise so it was a cardboard board box panel.

So to all prospective buyers before you buy the box Spring make sure you ask what kind of brand they will deliver with the mattress. Because the store will not tell you what kind of box spring they will give you part of the price package (mattress and box spring). I chose Hampton & Rhodes brand but not the box spring. They let me apply for a store credit to have purchased a mattress and box spring but it's not worth it - the price they charged me - because the Hampton & Rhodes mattress is not as great than the Serta.

But anyway I was just complaining about the box spring because it put me to sleep uncomfortably because every time I moved it's quacking. I felt like my next door neighbor can hear me - what I've been doing in the middle of the night. It was very embarrassing.

I learned a lesson. When buying like that make sure I insured it because in the event that I wasn’t satisfied within a year then I can return it in full credit and get a better quality that don't make noise, and watch the store warranty.

I slept with Serta queen size mattress and box spring since 1996 -2013. Believe it or not the mattress and the spring never changed. It's a great quality. I sold it to Craigslist because I moved to a small apartment and I had no choice but to dispose some of my bedrooms mattress set Because bringing mattress and box spring to move to another city is not practical so I bought a new one. So this is what I got - disappointment from sleeping a cardboard panel box spring. I never thought that My box spring was a cardboard panel underneath the mattress Hampton & Rhodes brand from Mattress Firm store.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My experience with this store started very positively. The sales lady Barbara was very insightful and willing to negotiate to get to a deal we were happy with which included a delivery within a matter of days. The delivery company arrived with the bed. They failed to use the “Red Carpet Service”, no booties or red carpets. They supplied a bed that had a large bubble in it due to the way it was stored during shipping. They were unable to identify that Mattress Firm had provided the correct headboard mounting brackets. There was a scratch on the remote for the base. During the delivery of the base and mattress they managed to damage the wooden floor in the bedroom. A scratch roughly 16 inches in length.

From this point forward the communication from the Globe The Professionals Corp has been appalling. Failure to engage or acknowledge they were aware of the damage to the property. Everything has felt like I was working for them. There was a failed second delivery which also had a bubble in the bed. 3 weeks later and I am still waiting to get any sort of compensation or path forward towards the remediation of the damage caused during delivery. The communication with Mattress Firm has been ongoing but there has been multiple times where I have called to follow up and get a basic status of my order without rebuttal. After the second failed delivery they did do their best to reach out to Serta to supply a new mattress but I am still yet to hear when I will actually receive this.

Genuinely not one of these people who writes reviews of companies if I have bad service but at this point I feel so ignored and ill treated as a paying customer I can’t help but begin to try and steer people towards another supplier. It’s hard to know how they have gotten to be the largest mattress company in the US with the standard of service and products I have been unfortunate enough to receive. I understand that there is cases where one or two things may go wrong, but once an issue is escalated beyond a normal sale there needs to be greater care and attention to ensure that the customer is not left in the dark and having to beg for a bed. Not like they gave it out for free. I will be using any other Mattress Firm going forward as will anyone I am come in contact with looking to make a purchase that is as important as a mattress. Caveat Emptor.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I bought a $1500 mattress from a Mattress Firm location near Austin, TX less than 2 years ago. Because I have had several operations on my spine, with the addition of several pieces of titanium inserted in my lower back and neck, I told the store rep as such. We looked at several models, all in the firm category. He highly recommended the mattress set we ended up buying. For 6-8 months it was great. Then the padding started collapsing, on both sides. The bedding was changed weekly, and the mattress was rotated each time. It's gotten to the point that neither of us can sleep on it comfortably. So I contacted the store, and was given Mattress Firm's website, to try and get it warrantied. I did everything they asked for, sent in the pictures, and a week later they said they wouldn't warranty it.

So I called Serta. They said that because it was less than 2 years, the warranty would be covered by the selling store. I informed them that they had already denied the warranty claim. Serta said basically "Oh Well". About a week after my first go around with Mattress Firm, I get an email to basically repeat the picture taking process, using their paper measuring device. Which is exactly what I did the first time. I asked them what exactly could they not see by the pictures that I had sent in. There would not be anything that I would do differently if I re-took the pictures. I have yet to receive a response from them. Needless to say, I don't see any Mattress Firm or Serta purchases in my future. Too bad for them both, as I have a 4 bedroom house and like to change bedding regularly.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Same as everyone else here. Mattress has huge indent and sag after less than a year. Spent the last 3 months sending them pictures of the mattress per their requests over and over. Sent in claim via their website, via email, on the phone. I've done everything over and over and they have done nothing to replace this mattress. Right now I am sitting on the phone waiting for someone at "customer service" to pick up the phone, I called at noon, it is now 12:19 and no one has picked up. They just give you the run around hoping you will give up. They said they can send someone out to "look at the mattress" but that it will be 80 dollars to send someone out! NEVER buy from these people, they are con artists and do NOT stand behind their product!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

My mattress had a 3 year warranty for full replacement. It had such a huge sag by 1.5 years that I had to put something under it just to sleep until I had time to take the bed apart to take all the pictures they require for the warranty claim. They then claimed the sag was due to improper frame, yet my box spring didn't sag at all. I would NEVER recommend anyone buying from this company because they don't honor the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Purchase a mattress, picked out the mattress on the floor, was told the mattress was on sale. Was told to pick up the mattress at a different location. My nephew picked up the mattress and delivered it to me. Found plastic on the mattress saying PREOWNED. Was very upset. Did not know that I purchased a PRE OWNED mattress and was not informed of this. Called the manager that sold us the mattress and he said that he informed my husband of this. My husband got very angry and went to the location and informed him that he was not telling the truth and that we would not have purchased the mattress if we knew it was PRE OWNED.

I have consulted several departments about this problem and didn't get any resolution. My next step will be to get in touch with Ted on channel 13 for some type of resolution. I checked the invoice and the model numbers on the invoice doesn't match up with the mattress that was received. This should not be illegal and against the Deceptive Trade Act. The mattress is very uncomfortable you can feel the springs.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I returned a mattress in mid November. It's now mid January and I still don't have a refund. I have moved since returning the mattress and they have mailed the refund check twice to my old address. I called their accounting department and had them update the address on file to my new address before I moved. I finally receive the refund check at my new address and I deposit it. 4 days later the money is taken out of my account. They put a "stop Payment" on the check because it took 2 weeks to get to me. THAT'S HOW LONG INTERNATIONAL MAIL TAKES!!!

Now I'm waiting again for the check to get through the mail and arrive to me, hopefully before they "stop Payment" again. So frustrating to have the money in my account one day, and gone the next. Very bad communication on their part. No one communicated to me that I need to verify that I have received the check. No one called or emailed to ask me if I had received it, they just took it back. 10/10 will never shop with MF again... They're a bunch of **!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased a mattress and was delivered the incorrect mattress I wanted. The mattress was VERY PAINFUL. The delivery person left the mattress outside my door, instead of bringing it in AND the plastic in which my mattress was wrapped in was FILTHY! It had some type of black tar substance on it which resembled oil or tar. I was afraid to bring it into my home because I didn't want to ruin my floor. I reached out to the location and they sold me another mattress, costing me an additional $500. Although I was sold the incorrect mattress and it was the fault of the company, I still had to pay another delivery fee. When I expressed my concerns to the manager, he basically took up for the delivery service and stated, "They are human". He gave me a $50 dollar credit and the delivery for the second mattress DID NOT come on the day he stated it would.

I am traveling from 2 hours away and made sure I opened my schedule to meet them on the new delivery date, in which I was charged for. I was never given a call, the day before, to confirm the time in which they would deliver. Instead, they gave me a window of 8 am - 7 pm. Because I live in a high rise, we have to schedule the service elevator in advance to make room for bulk deliveries. Now, day of the delivery the same manager is saying to me that he has to reschedule me for the following day, because the delivery company did not pick up the order in time. AGAIN, another mistake by the company.

My question to the Manager was simply this, "Is my business and time NOT important to you?" He again, began making excuses for all that was happening instead of trying to figure out how to get my new mattress, that cost me more than $2000, was going to be delivered to me. Because I run a few businesses, my time is very limited. Now I have to wait another 24 hours and be inconvenienced all because someone is failing to do their job correctly. I will NEVER do business with this company again. It has been a complete waste of my time and continual back and forth for 3 weeks now with no resolution. However, the funds for the product was taken IMMEDIATELY!! If I want someone to hold on to my money, I'd rather invest it. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Jerry ** was respectful and courteous and a joy deal with. Very pleasant and very knowledgeable about the product. He did not push us in any mattress. Let us make our own choice. The store was very clean and well presented. We felt very comfortable doing business there.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Purchased a mattress online for my elderly mother who lives in an assisted living facility. Asked specifically for a morning delivery as they close the facility at night and housekeeping/maintenance go home. Scheduled for 9 am. On the evening before the delivery, I get a text stating delivery will be between 5-9 PM. So I call and tell them that was not the promised delivery time and too late for a delivery. They tell me the delivery people set their own schedule and I should not have been promised a morning delivery. I tell them to cancel the delivery. They say they will cancel, but the mattress is on the truck and refund will occur after they take it off the truck.

I also call the next morning to confirm the order is canceled. I ask them not delivery, the rep verifies "NO DELIVERY WILL BE ATTEMPTED". At 5PM I get a phone call from the delivery driver, I tell him the order was canceled the night before. He says "Why did they send me all the way out here? ", then hangs up on me. I call him back and tell him not to hang up on me, it's not my fault your company sucks. So, lesson learned. This place may have good prices, but good luck getting the bed delivered at a reasonable time. If you do cancel, they will still try to deliver (probabaly at night). Don't waste your time, order from Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I told the salesperson that I needed an adjustable bed for health reasons. He assured me that an adjustable bed was the perfect fit. Well, I do admit that the adjustable bed frame was a good purchase but the mattress is the worst thing I have ever slept on. The salesman ensured me that the mattress had "cooling technology" that allowed the mattress to stay cool throughout the night. I strongly disagree with this, it was like sleeping on a heating pad set to high. Then the memory foam mattress conformed to my body a bit too snug. I felt like I was sleeping in a hole and couldn't get out. When I would roll over it was a struggle to free myself. Once free I found myself sliding back down into the hole. Don't purchase a mattress unless you like sleeping in a hole that gets hot, really hot!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a mattress at the fair. I was sent the wrong mattress by accident I'm assuming. We kept the mattress thinking we'd at least give it try. We were told we had 4 months from the date we'd purchased it to try it out. We thought it was way too soft, but again, thought we'd try it. Shortly after we started sleeping on it, I developed low back pain. I thought that it was just me, not the mattress. We left for 3 weeks to go on holiday. During that 3 week period, I had NO PAIN. When I returned to my home and began sleeping on this mattress, my back pain returned. I began calling MATTRESS FIRM to get assistance in getting the mattress exchanged. Since we'd bought it at the fair, the salesperson was no longer here, and I'd failed to keep his number.

I started calling the 1-800 number and was told to contact a store here in San Diego. I spoke to one of the Assistant Managers who told me he'd exchange my mattress and what my options were. I had ordered a mattress called the Dalia. He informed me that I did NOT get that, which we kind of wondered about. He later called me back to tell me he couldn't help me out as the "fair" people get their mattresses from a different warehouse then the local stores do. In the meantime I'd found our salesman's phone number (which my daughter had as she too had purchased both a mattress and base). I left messages for our salesman, however, he never called me back either. I was told by some extremely rude and nasty woman, that I purposefully didn't call the "right" number which was the reason my request wasn't made within the 120 days I had to return the mattress.

Regardless of what I said, she spoke over me and was absolutely out of line and truly the ugliest person I've ever had to deal with - EVER - on the phone. She kept telling me that because I'd called the "right" number some months earlier when I'd originally bought the mattress that I "knew" who I should call and this is why they were not going to help me. When I asked for her supervisor, she told me that her supervisor would say the same thing, I told her that I still wanted to speak with her. She hung up on me. I did call back and speak with a supervisor, Henrietta, who was extremely polite and stated she would reach out and someone would be in touch within the next 24 hours. I didn't hear back from anyone.

In addition to our mattress not being the correct one, my daughter's mattress's base has not worked right since we purchased it. She has been trying to get it replaced as well. The man who installed it said it was installed backwards and that it was their cheapest base and wouldn't last a week. Both my daughter and myself purchased mattresses from Mattress Firm. We also purchased bases. My base is one of their "good" ones. Here's is a cheap worthless piece of garbage. Mattress Firm offers these bases that really are just pure junk. Unfortunately, we didn't really know exactly what we were getting until they arrived and things didn't work.

We also were told by someone at Mattress Firm that the Fair Managers would be contacting our salesman to have him rectify the problem. This was told to me on the 28th of November. I later called back to try to follow up and was told by another representative that my request was being denied because it was more than 120 days since I purchased the mattress. It wasn't. I'd been trying to get help from Mattress Firm for over a month and each time was told something different. I will be reporting this to the BBB and writing to as many organizations as I can to look for help with this matter.

This company makes a fortune every year at the fair. This year, I will personally be there to boycott the company and inform everyone I possibly can what they can expect from this company. I have contacted the Del Mar Fair office to file a complaint. I am not giving up on this. We will have to file suit if we are not provided with a mattress we can sleep on. We spent over $13,000 and have never been this unhappy with what we are now stuck with. I sleep on a blowup mattress in our spare bedroom because I am unable to sleep on the one we purchased from Mattress Firm.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I would suggest that you do business with another mattress company. We put a deposit on a mattress with the adjustable base, and someone called us sooner than initially planned and arranged, to arrange to receive it. When we went to arrange for receiving it, the salesperson seemed unenthusiastic. When we purchased the mattress with the adjustable base, we were under the impression that the old mattress and box spring would be removed from the property, only to find out differently when the delivery team came. The delivery team showed up 1/2 hour early, which was inconvenient and did not seem to be prepared with tools to take the bed frame. He used my husband's tool. The overall experience with Mattress Firm was poor.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Updated on 02/20/2019: After several pictures to prove that mattress has collapsed past the manufacture standards they have refused to still replace the 1100.00 Mattress. I am taking it to the news and filing in court for all my money back plus court fees and them to haul this mattress away. I have had it less than three years and you can't even sleep on it. I weight 122 pounds there is no reason for it to have collapsed. Don't buy if you don't want a company to stand by their products cause this company doesn't.

Original Review: Mattress Firm / former name Sleep Train. Do not buy anything from this firm. They do not stand by their warranties. Bought a 1100.00 mattress pillow top that has sunk way below the required standard and they will not warranty it. Their excuse was there was a stain on the mattress. There are no stains on the mattress whatsoever... They do not stand behind their products. Do not buy from this firm.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I purchased a mattress on 11/27/2017 with an adjustable base which was on back order for 4 months. After the adjustable base was unable to be delivered I was offered a different base that was delivered on 03/14/2018. When the delivery guys came to set up the base they removed the pre-existing frame and dropped it on my motorcycle and cracking the faring. I contact the store and was assured that it would be replaced. I'm in the military and was in out on the ship and only got one phone call from the delivery company asking could I wait until he came back from out of town to pick up the part to have it replaced. I never heard from the guy again and subsequently the salesmen that sold me the mattress moved to a different store.

I was deployed for 4 months and went back to the store to see why I hadn't been contacted by email or phone only to find out the Salesman was no longer with the company. The delivery team they used was no longer their delivery team of choice, and the emails about my claim were no longer in their system (very fishy) and either are the comments. I've tried to get in touch with someone through the 1-800 number but it's only an automated system. Now I'm out of a $400 part but I can promise you if I don't pay my bill Mattress Firm has direct access to harass me and report it on my credit. This is unacceptable!!! All I want is my part to be replaced on my motorcycle!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I'm a single mom w/ 2 kids (no extra $) and needed an inexpensive mattress for my rapidly growing son. The sales rep was very helpful, efficient, and didn't try to pressure me to anything I didn't want. I praised her to her boss for this. I bought a clearanced demo, knowing it might not be the best, but now my kid can spread out. Upon receiving it, I see there's a yellow tag noting the mattress has been treated w/a germicide approved in Texas. But I'm concerned as I know regulations in Texas are sparse... And I live in Missouri! I'm concerned about what this chemical is, if it's carcinogenic and now perhaps worse for my son to be sleeping on? It doesn't note the name of the chemical! Help!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We purchased the Sleepy's basic twin for my 22 month old's brand new bed his grandmother bought him for Christmas. The bed came a few days early, I had already contacted one location and I was told to call the Liberia Avenue location and speak with Sean. We took my son's crib apart and put the bed together and left to purchase his mattress. We get the mattress home and it's 3+ inches too small for his bed, too short in both width and length. I contacted the store same night and told him the issue, I let him know this was for a small child, if he jumps and gets a foot caught he could break an ankle, we can't remove the plastic because it needs to come back with is a suffocation hazard and now we have no bed to put him in because the crib is out for trash in the rain. I let him know standard size for twin is 39×75 and This is also listed as standard on their own site, not to mention the mattress itself is advertised as standard size.

The rep measured an additional mattress and told me yes he came to the same conclusion, however he couldn't take it back and would have to talk to his area manager the following day and to put a blanket in the gap to fill it. SERIOUSLY! In addition at that point said return policy would require US to pay an $80 redelivery fee if we replace it, but he would take it out of his own commission. Needless to say I've had to sleep in this with my son out of safety concerns.

Following day no call, I contacted the first store and spoke with Earl and he advised he would contact the area manager personally, finally a call from Jose. As we are speaking he tells me these are handmade and can have anywhere from a 1/2 to 2-inch gap. Are you kidding me! First of all if that's the case you have to have a disclosure online and advised in paperwork so customers know what they are getting into, and you have none! This is called false advertising and is illegal!

Then he tells me the rep has been having additional mattresses measured to get one standard size, they were willing to waive half the fee and This is after I argue that I shouldn't have to pay a redelivery fee. This was a bad product, and redelivery would mean they delivered the first which they didn't. We picked it up. So Jose tells me, "Let me call my manager and call you back." Next call comes and I'm told that they can't help me at this point, it will be the same issue and they will just pick it up. All this over a fee that I refuse to pay because they sold me a bad product that's a safety hazard to my baby.

He goes over the return policy, I've read it, I'm not uneducated! It says that it can be returned if you find it is uncomfortable and doesn't meet your needs, this isn't a question of discomfort, this is a question of a bait and hook by this company... They offer you a mattress at a reasonable cost, you get it home and it doesn't fit because it's "handmade". Again no disclosure and then not only do you have to upgrade to a mattress that fits, you also are the proud winner of an $80 redelivery fee!

Next I call corporate and good luck hitting the right selection to get a human being because if you buy in store you get stuck dealing with these awful excuses for managers! I was told nothing she could do, talk to the area manager! Next I go social media and at this time I'm days into the mattress that I have to sleep in with son, we've have no sleep due to his arm and leg and part of his torso falling in the gap, and then there's the beautiful music a rustling plastic makes all night! Guess our sleep isn't important because I keep getting the, "They will call you. Just wait for escalations to call."

Finally Thursday Robert calls from escalations, asks for pics which I send and days he's going to fix this and apologizes for the awful customer service and shames the manager I spoke to. As he's reviewing pics my son's father calls, I'm in my way to work at night after no sleep on this mattress driving in the rain and he tells me that the company is there to pick up the mattress, yet there was no scheduled pick up per corporate! Pick it up, my son will have no bed at that point, NOTHING to sleep on, you show up with no refund money, no replacement and request the mattress! Finally Robert calls back after reviewing and is shocked at what's happening, says, "Why are they there? There is nothing in the system saying they are picking anything up!" I tell him, "Call my son's dad. He is arguing in front of my son with them over this," we disconnect.

At the end of the night my son's dad talks to the store we purchased from who said he will look for an alternative, however corporate calls me back and tells me not to deal with anyone else and he will handle it. Promises me a call Friday the following day, tells me to hang in there and guess what? No call today, nothing! My son is in there now woke up for the third time on that mattress fussing, I had to see the Dr today over my sciatica from sleeping on this mattress and am now on muscles relaxers and steroids. Guess who gets to work tomorrow night in pain, with zero sleep!! I do! Where is my resolution for my son?? How dare you cause this kind of problem. All over a fee I shouldn't be charged to begin with!

Let me give Mattress Firm some advice! You may want to speak with your corporate attorneys, yes I know you have them. I work corporate. You may want to ask them if what you're doing is legal. If I don't have a new mattress that fits by the end of this weekend I will be calling my attorney and you'll owe me much more than a mattress. No disclaimer, not disclosing the chance on that much of a size difference, and advertising that very mattress as 39x75 is in fact illegal and can get you into a lot of hot water. My son deserves better, now you have our money tied up so we can't even get another, and no extra to buy on until this one goes because of Christmas gifts. You should be ashamed of yourself! Now let me see how many more consumer sites I can locate, working in social media management really comes on handy!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I brought mattress and adjustable bed from Mattress Firm. I had to exchange original choice because it broke. I was given this bed that I never see in showrooms and no pricing. My total bill is $3500. Very expensive for a mattress that is beginning to sag and very uncomfortable and a bed that I cannot compare pricing!!

Mattress Firm Company Information