Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.8/5 (880 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

So due to extreme inconvenience (i.e. losing a day's pay about 100 dollars) I was supposed to get a refund of 100. And one for delivery charge too. I can’t reach anyone there or at MySynchrony. I rate 0 stars. At first it said it goes through Mattress Firm 2-3 weeks refund then it said MySynchrony (credit company for mattress firm) then it said 1-2 billing cycles. Bought the bed in mid May now it’s mid August and it’s been 2 billing cycles. I see no refund in sight honestly with this terrible of customer service. We are talking about 220 dollars. Which is a whole bill and more for me that I could use on other bills. MySynchrony said to go to mattress firm now and now I can’t talk to anyone at mattress firm. I even did the agent in the chat and they ended the chat without me even speaking. This service is terrible and I will never use these companies again even if someone paid me to. 0 stars.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I needed a mattress topper because of my arthritis. I decided to purchase one at a brick-and-mortar store instead of on the internet for the customer service in case something goes wrong. Two months after purchasing a 4-inch foam mattress topper I noticed a huge tear in the middle of it and smaller tears along the outer surface. I called Mattress Firm and they told me to contact the manufacturer. It seemed like they couldn't wait to get me off of the phone. This was the exact purpose of buying from their store instead of getting it cheaper on the Internet. All they did for me was make me regret going to their store. No customer service at all.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

My Order #** Tempurpedic Adjustable Base was delivered on July 20 2021. I truly expected the item to match the impeccable customer service that I received from the saleslady. The setup guys were in and out in less than 20 minutes. They left a card stating I would receive an “un-received” text and an email to rate my satisfaction. This is only “53” not “54” and neither one of the USB works! Why should I have to utilize the warranty so soon after the delivery? Why would a purchase over $1000 be considered un-returnable when the descriptions are inaccurate? I submitted this review here due to not receiving the promised questionnaire from Mattress Firm.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

The Kingsdown bed is horrible. It begins to slump after only two or three days and Mattress Firm sucks because after the products they sell malfunction, they send a ridiculous ruler to have you measure things and will tell you that if they are to come in evaluate the product you have to pay a large sum of money. Purchase your product elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Mattress Firm in north Kingston N.Y. Store. Purchase 12/2019. Issue with Mattress & box springs. Sales Manager refused to handle complaint, which is her job & sent me to salesman to rectify problem. I dealt with 5 salesmen & no one could help---only the manager. She would not let me speak or message her District manager--who could have approved my exchange or credit. They Discontinued my James & Owens products, therefore no exchange available. That company is now dissolved. That company told me Mattress Firm would warranty items. She did not return phone calls & minimal messages. Had to drive to store to talk to her several times to pursue issue.

3rd party inspector approved defects after personal inspection. Sales manager "D" gave me store credit. I purchased mattress & box spring--not allowed to purchase sales items it had to pay full tag price---no sales price allowed. Spent another $1400. Delivery came on 7/5/21 & removed mattress & 2 box springs and set up new bed & box spring. Handed me paper to sign. No paperwork left for me. Discovered credit of $400 for 2 box springs not reflected on Synchrony credit card. "D" said not I'm not getting it. I would never had let them remove from property to be destroyed. May have been able to be repaired. This sales manager is inept at handling her job. District Manager now on leave (unknown return or replacement). All sales people excellent at their jobs but cannot make decisions. Filed claim with Mattress Firm headquarters. STILL WAITING FOR $400.00.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I won’t bore you with all the details but basically I bought a mattress and it lasted 6 months before becoming unusable. ZERO help from their customer service department! Every non-defective mattress should last longer than 6 months…Mattress Firm doesn’t agree. They are just not a good company. There are a ton of options out there, exercise any one of them before you waste your money here! Peace.

Original review: July 31, 2021

My husband and I bought this mattress when we moved to Bradenton FL in November 2020. I asked the sales girl for the warranty information and she said they only needed to enter our phone number into the computer to get information if there was a problem. It is now July 2021 and our mattress has been sinking/sagging for the last 3 months. Since it was past the timeline to return it, they told me to file a claim for the warranty. I did and was told that because I had partially cut the tag off the mattress that they would not do anything. They sent the warranty information in this email. This was the first time I had seen the warranty.

I went back to the store and spoke with the manager who said the warranty usually is in the plastic bag around the mattress when it is delivered. We never saw it and assumed the delivery guys just threw it away with the plastic bag. If I had been able to read the warranty and see that the company needs the tag that is attached to the mattress for any problems, I never would have taken it off. Now we are out $1000 and still have a bad mattress. Will never do business with this company again.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Mattress Firm is very expensive and they do not honor their warranty. My mattress started puffing and sinking in the middle, I tried to get a new one with my warranty but they denied me. The mattress is also so uncomfortable. I have never slept in such an uncomfortable mattress like the one I bought from them.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Name brand but last line quality mattresses. 120 days trial sounds great but read behind invoice. There is $99 return fee plus 20% restocking fee. Unable to compare mattress because not sold other reputed retailers. I feel bad for people do not read reviews like me. I end up paying $300 return fee in 21 days. Poor customer service. Waited and came back to to make a refund.

Original review: July 20, 2021

After taking my clean bug free mattress out to my porch they saw an old dead beetle inside the sealed plastic of my old box spring. They put my box spring back, brought my old mattress back in and onto the bed. We were confused. They mentioned that they wouldn't take my old mattress because of the beetle (said they wouldn't even if it had been an ant) which was fine. I can understand that policy. I didn't even ask for the Platinum service where they remove the mattress anyway, that was given to me for free.

My problem came when they wouldn't let us have the new mattress etc. We said we would bring it from the truck into the house ourselves. I told them they didn't need to do anything but drop it off onto the street and they wouldn't even do that. They said they can't let it leave the truck. They told me to call the local store and order a drop off only delivery. Local store told me they are too limited with their ability to schedule deliveries and even moreso because I bought it online so they could not help me and to call 1800 number.

1800 number automated service said there is no live help outside of the website or text. Website chat live agent said they cannot help nor even reschedule my order for 24 hours. They can schedule a new order right now but cannot reschedule the one I have already paid for. So now I have to wait another few days for a mattress that was literally less than 15 steps from my front door less than an hour ago. I wouldn't even be allowed to pick it up from the warehouse myself. I would ask for a refund but the live agent said that takes a minimum of 14 days. I asked for a manager and was told none was available. The store agent took my information and said their district manager will contact us some time but they had no time frame for that either.

The mattress may be excellent- I don't know since I haven't got it yet- but the customer service is the most inept and frankly uncaring that I have ever experienced. I saved the transcripts and am sure it would really embarrass the company executives if they were to ever read them. The entire experience today cost the company wasted gas and manpower not to mention the wasted pollution of having to deliver something twice.

Mattress Firm Company Information