2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.36/5
Based on 1,145 ratings submitted in the last year

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

Mattress Firm Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Bought bed and frame under the promise of a full return within 120 days if we didn’t like it. We decided not to buy it and when we contacted Mattress Firm to come get it they refused to take back the frame. If we don’t have a mattress then we don’t need a frame! Now they refuse to contact us back. Clearly they are running a scam. DO NOT BUY FROM MATTRESS FIRM!! Do not buy under the notion they will return the product in the event you don’t like it. You’ve been warned!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I purchased a mattress and box spring a year ago. All was well. Later part of 2019 I noticed an issue with my box spring. Reported the issue as required by the company and they agreed my box spring needed to be replaced. I got my box spring at a discounted price $110 to be exact, I was then told in order to exchange it I had to pay the actual price $150 for the box spring. I didn't understand that. Whatever I bought it for should be what I get it for now. Even exchange. The store ran a sale then so why should I cover the extra money to replace a defective box spring along with a delivery charge. I was willing to pay for the delivery which included removal of the box spring but not the extra as they wanted. I feel it's unfair and my box spring should have been honored the way I initially purchase it. You had 30 days to complete this exchange transaction and now I 'm beyond. It appears MF will not do this fairly. Dissatisfied.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Bought a mattress cover and tried to return it one day later. Store said I could not return it but that I could exchange it. Made no sense to me because hygiene issues were used as reason for no refund but I could exchange it. If hygiene was reason for not being able to get a refund than hygiene should have been a reason for not to exchange it. It is my opinion that consumers should consider not shopping at Mattress Firm.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My wife and I went into the Bluffton, South Carolina store to find a good quality mattress. We tried many. We purchased a mattress, picked it up and after several nights thought that we must have been given a different mattress than we had purchased. We returned to the store hoping that they would like to make us satisfied with our purchase, but instead were met with anger and hostility. We have never been treated like this by any retailer in our lives. Adam was rude and loud. He said that his raised voice was just because he was a big man. The worst customer experience ever. I would never recommend Mattress Firm to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

What a Joke! They are overpriced on everything! The product is just OKAY. The credit card has a very HIGH INTEREST RATE. Customer service is pathetic! Before you decide to make a purchase...Please research other businesses first. MATTRESS FIRM treats their loyal credit card holders shameful and with no respect! I HAPPILY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT WITH THESE FOOLS TODAY AND I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. What a rip off of a company....Run far far away or you will pay out of your nose for junk. Don't do it!!!! Tammi ** a very dissatisfied customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Purchased a Sleepy's Calm Eurotop Mattress Queen Prime from Mattress Firm in Wake Forest, North Carolina. Mattress was ok for about a week, then I would sink in (like a hole). I was not supplied with any warranty information when I purchased the mattress on 8/26/2019. When I had time to see about filing a warranty claim was in January 2020. Some guy named Phil told me that since I, wasn't good with computers he would file a warranty claim for me. The manager Richard ** told me that they did not file claims. Phil lied to me twice. Manager blocked my calls. I tried to file a claim but can find no information on how to file it. The mattress was made by Corsicana Bedding 08/05/2019. Model# MFD3900-1058. Prototype ID: FCTTOS15. I will never purchase anything from Mattress Firm again. I can't even file a claim because their website does not even list the manufacturer. Poor quality, poor customer service, $349.00 down the drain.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

First they were out of the mattress they had on sale so I had to spend 300 more. Access wait a couple weeks for it to come. After almost 1000 it wasn't amazing so I wanted a refund that same day. Now I can't get anyone to call me back and the stores are totally separate. Take my advice access go Where but here. What a joke. Never again will I shop here.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We purchased this mattress approximately a year ago - and I do not like it both my husband and I wake up each morning with a backache. It is a mattress with a reclining remote but it is a big joke. The reclining apparatus is very cheaply made and if you recline it to watch tv it pulls away the head of the bed and therefore when you unrecline the bed a big gap is left between the headboard and mattress and your pillow falls through. I would never buy another mattress from Mattress Firm. We paid over $4000 dollars. We have exchanged it once but no better results the second time. Mattress firm is a rip-off as far as I’m concerned. I called to tell them at headquarters and received no satisfactory results. Would like a full refund or at least a half and go buy me a different mattress!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I wanted to reach out to Mattress Firm in Aventura, Florida, who gave an elderly widow who was having a hard time making ends meet due to her being on a fixed income. Mattress firm gave her a brand new bed for free to help her just before the Christmas holiday, I think that was a very honorable thing to do for her, thanks to the management and staff, have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

We purchased a Simmons Greenmont Plush Hybrid mattress From The Mattress Firm in August of 2018. After approximately 9 months of usage, we noticed ruts beginning to form on each side of the mattress. The ruts caused a ridge to form in the middle of the mattress which made it uncomfortable to sleep on and difficult to even roll over.

We filed a detailed and time consuming warranty request with The Mattress Firm including a number of pictures that they requested. We receive a response very quickly stating that the mattress conformed to their specifications. They offered to do an on-site inspection for $79.95 or provide a 20% discount on a new mattress. Neither is acceptable to me as I paid $1800 for a mattress that lasted only one year. My recommendation, based on my experience, is that their guarantees are worthless and I will not consider them in future purchases.

Mattress Firm Company Information