3.66/5
Based on 1,482 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a good mattress?

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

Need a good mattress?

2643 Mattress Firm Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a mattress at the fair. I was sent the wrong mattress by accident I'm assuming. We kept the mattress thinking we'd at least give it try. We were told we had 4 months from the date we'd purchased it to try it out. We thought it was way too soft, but again, thought we'd try it. Shortly after we started sleeping on it, I developed low back pain. I thought that it was just me, not the mattress. We left for 3 weeks to go on holiday. During that 3 week period, I had NO PAIN. When I returned to my home and began sleeping on this mattress, my back pain returned. I began calling MATTRESS FIRM to get assistance in getting the mattress exchanged. Since we'd bought it at the fair, the salesperson was no longer here, and I'd failed to keep his number.

I started calling the 1-800 number and was told to contact a store here in San Diego. I spoke to one of the Assistant Managers who told me he'd exchange my mattress and what my options were. I had ordered a mattress called the Dalia. He informed me that I did NOT get that, which we kind of wondered about. He later called me back to tell me he couldn't help me out as the "fair" people get their mattresses from a different warehouse then the local stores do. In the meantime I'd found our salesman's phone number (which my daughter had as she too had purchased both a mattress and base). I left messages for our salesman, however, he never called me back either. I was told by some extremely rude and nasty woman, that I purposefully didn't call the "right" number which was the reason my request wasn't made within the 120 days I had to return the mattress.

Regardless of what I said, she spoke over me and was absolutely out of line and truly the ugliest person I've ever had to deal with - EVER - on the phone. She kept telling me that because I'd called the "right" number some months earlier when I'd originally bought the mattress that I "knew" who I should call and this is why they were not going to help me. When I asked for her supervisor, she told me that her supervisor would say the same thing, I told her that I still wanted to speak with her. She hung up on me. I did call back and speak with a supervisor, Henrietta, who was extremely polite and stated she would reach out and someone would be in touch within the next 24 hours. I didn't hear back from anyone.

In addition to our mattress not being the correct one, my daughter's mattress's base has not worked right since we purchased it. She has been trying to get it replaced as well. The man who installed it said it was installed backwards and that it was their cheapest base and wouldn't last a week. Both my daughter and myself purchased mattresses from Mattress Firm. We also purchased bases. My base is one of their "good" ones. Here's is a cheap worthless piece of garbage. Mattress Firm offers these bases that really are just pure junk. Unfortunately, we didn't really know exactly what we were getting until they arrived and things didn't work.

We also were told by someone at Mattress Firm that the Fair Managers would be contacting our salesman to have him rectify the problem. This was told to me on the 28th of November. I later called back to try to follow up and was told by another representative that my request was being denied because it was more than 120 days since I purchased the mattress. It wasn't. I'd been trying to get help from Mattress Firm for over a month and each time was told something different. I will be reporting this to the BBB and writing to as many organizations as I can to look for help with this matter.

This company makes a fortune every year at the fair. This year, I will personally be there to boycott the company and inform everyone I possibly can what they can expect from this company. I have contacted the Del Mar Fair office to file a complaint. I am not giving up on this. We will have to file suit if we are not provided with a mattress we can sleep on. We spent over $13,000 and have never been this unhappy with what we are now stuck with. I sleep on a blowup mattress in our spare bedroom because I am unable to sleep on the one we purchased from Mattress Firm.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I would suggest that you do business with another mattress company. We put a deposit on a mattress with the adjustable base, and someone called us sooner than initially planned and arranged, to arrange to receive it. When we went to arrange for receiving it, the salesperson seemed unenthusiastic. When we purchased the mattress with the adjustable base, we were under the impression that the old mattress and box spring would be removed from the property, only to find out differently when the delivery team came. The delivery team showed up 1/2 hour early, which was inconvenient and did not seem to be prepared with tools to take the bed frame. He used my husband's tool. The overall experience with Mattress Firm was poor.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Updated on 02/20/2019: After several pictures to prove that mattress has collapsed past the manufacture standards they have refused to still replace the 1100.00 Mattress. I am taking it to the news and filing in court for all my money back plus court fees and them to haul this mattress away. I have had it less than three years and you can't even sleep on it. I weight 122 pounds there is no reason for it to have collapsed. Don't buy if you don't want a company to stand by their products cause this company doesn't.

Original Review: Mattress Firm / former name Sleep Train. Do not buy anything from this firm. They do not stand by their warranties. Bought a 1100.00 mattress pillow top that has sunk way below the required standard and they will not warranty it. Their excuse was there was a stain on the mattress. There are no stains on the mattress whatsoever... They do not stand behind their products. Do not buy from this firm.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I purchased a mattress on 11/27/2017 with an adjustable base which was on back order for 4 months. After the adjustable base was unable to be delivered I was offered a different base that was delivered on 03/14/2018. When the delivery guys came to set up the base they removed the pre-existing frame and dropped it on my motorcycle and cracking the faring. I contact the store and was assured that it would be replaced. I'm in the military and was in out on the ship and only got one phone call from the delivery company asking could I wait until he came back from out of town to pick up the part to have it replaced. I never heard from the guy again and subsequently the salesmen that sold me the mattress moved to a different store.

I was deployed for 4 months and went back to the store to see why I hadn't been contacted by email or phone only to find out the Salesman was no longer with the company. The delivery team they used was no longer their delivery team of choice, and the emails about my claim were no longer in their system (very fishy) and either are the comments. I've tried to get in touch with someone through the 1-800 number but it's only an automated system. Now I'm out of a $400 part but I can promise you if I don't pay my bill Mattress Firm has direct access to harass me and report it on my credit. This is unacceptable!!! All I want is my part to be replaced on my motorcycle!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I'm a single mom w/ 2 kids (no extra $) and needed an inexpensive mattress for my rapidly growing son. The sales rep was very helpful, efficient, and didn't try to pressure me to anything I didn't want. I praised her to her boss for this. I bought a clearanced demo, knowing it might not be the best, but now my kid can spread out. Upon receiving it, I see there's a yellow tag noting the mattress has been treated w/a germicide approved in Texas. But I'm concerned as I know regulations in Texas are sparse... And I live in Missouri! I'm concerned about what this chemical is, if it's carcinogenic and now perhaps worse for my son to be sleeping on? It doesn't note the name of the chemical! Help!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We purchased the Sleepy's basic twin for my 22 month old's brand new bed his grandmother bought him for Christmas. The bed came a few days early, I had already contacted one location and I was told to call the Liberia Avenue location and speak with Sean. We took my son's crib apart and put the bed together and left to purchase his mattress. We get the mattress home and it's 3+ inches too small for his bed, too short in both width and length. I contacted the store same night and told him the issue, I let him know this was for a small child, if he jumps and gets a foot caught he could break an ankle, we can't remove the plastic because it needs to come back with is a suffocation hazard and now we have no bed to put him in because the crib is out for trash in the rain. I let him know standard size for twin is 39×75 and This is also listed as standard on their own site, not to mention the mattress itself is advertised as standard size.

The rep measured an additional mattress and told me yes he came to the same conclusion, however he couldn't take it back and would have to talk to his area manager the following day and to put a blanket in the gap to fill it. SERIOUSLY! In addition at that point said return policy would require US to pay an $80 redelivery fee if we replace it, but he would take it out of his own commission. Needless to say I've had to sleep in this with my son out of safety concerns.

Following day no call, I contacted the first store and spoke with Earl and he advised he would contact the area manager personally, finally a call from Jose. As we are speaking he tells me these are handmade and can have anywhere from a 1/2 to 2-inch gap. Are you kidding me! First of all if that's the case you have to have a disclosure online and advised in paperwork so customers know what they are getting into, and you have none! This is called false advertising and is illegal!

Then he tells me the rep has been having additional mattresses measured to get one standard size, they were willing to waive half the fee and This is after I argue that I shouldn't have to pay a redelivery fee. This was a bad product, and redelivery would mean they delivered the first which they didn't. We picked it up. So Jose tells me, "Let me call my manager and call you back." Next call comes and I'm told that they can't help me at this point, it will be the same issue and they will just pick it up. All this over a fee that I refuse to pay because they sold me a bad product that's a safety hazard to my baby.

He goes over the return policy, I've read it, I'm not uneducated! It says that it can be returned if you find it is uncomfortable and doesn't meet your needs, this isn't a question of discomfort, this is a question of a bait and hook by this company... They offer you a mattress at a reasonable cost, you get it home and it doesn't fit because it's "handmade". Again no disclosure and then not only do you have to upgrade to a mattress that fits, you also are the proud winner of an $80 redelivery fee!

Next I call corporate and good luck hitting the right selection to get a human being because if you buy in store you get stuck dealing with these awful excuses for managers! I was told nothing she could do, talk to the area manager! Next I go social media and at this time I'm days into the mattress that I have to sleep in with son, we've have no sleep due to his arm and leg and part of his torso falling in the gap, and then there's the beautiful music a rustling plastic makes all night! Guess our sleep isn't important because I keep getting the, "They will call you. Just wait for escalations to call."

Finally Thursday Robert calls from escalations, asks for pics which I send and days he's going to fix this and apologizes for the awful customer service and shames the manager I spoke to. As he's reviewing pics my son's father calls, I'm in my way to work at night after no sleep on this mattress driving in the rain and he tells me that the company is there to pick up the mattress, yet there was no scheduled pick up per corporate! Pick it up, my son will have no bed at that point, NOTHING to sleep on, you show up with no refund money, no replacement and request the mattress! Finally Robert calls back after reviewing and is shocked at what's happening, says, "Why are they there? There is nothing in the system saying they are picking anything up!" I tell him, "Call my son's dad. He is arguing in front of my son with them over this," we disconnect.

At the end of the night my son's dad talks to the store we purchased from who said he will look for an alternative, however corporate calls me back and tells me not to deal with anyone else and he will handle it. Promises me a call Friday the following day, tells me to hang in there and guess what? No call today, nothing! My son is in there now woke up for the third time on that mattress fussing, I had to see the Dr today over my sciatica from sleeping on this mattress and am now on muscles relaxers and steroids. Guess who gets to work tomorrow night in pain, with zero sleep!! I do! Where is my resolution for my son?? How dare you cause this kind of problem. All over a fee I shouldn't be charged to begin with!

Let me give Mattress Firm some advice! You may want to speak with your corporate attorneys, yes I know you have them. I work corporate. You may want to ask them if what you're doing is legal. If I don't have a new mattress that fits by the end of this weekend I will be calling my attorney and you'll owe me much more than a mattress. No disclaimer, not disclosing the chance on that much of a size difference, and advertising that very mattress as 39x75 is in fact illegal and can get you into a lot of hot water. My son deserves better, now you have our money tied up so we can't even get another, and no extra to buy on until this one goes because of Christmas gifts. You should be ashamed of yourself! Now let me see how many more consumer sites I can locate, working in social media management really comes on handy!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I brought mattress and adjustable bed from Mattress Firm. I had to exchange original choice because it broke. I was given this bed that I never see in showrooms and no pricing. My total bill is $3500. Very expensive for a mattress that is beginning to sag and very uncomfortable and a bed that I cannot compare pricing!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We purchased a Beautyrest mattress from Mattress Firm in Glendale, Az ONE year ago. It was $3,000.00. In one year the mattress springs broke down under the pillow top and we could not sleep on the mattress! The inspection was $90.00 to come to our home to fill out a report on the mattress. He said the mattress was way too soft for people with back issues, which we have. He was amazed that it was $3,000.00! Well, Beautyrest and Mattress Firm neither one will do anything about the product which is now in our garage after one year! PLEASE do NOT buy a Beautyrest mattress or buy from MATTRESS FIRM!!! This is a NO customer service store and a NO customer service product!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I purchased a king size bed with the adjustable base. The sales staff was helpful and courteous as they sell you everything from sheets, to guarantees. By the time my purchase was complete it was near $4,000.00. Within the 120 day time frame I have been thinking if purchasing a king was a mistake for us. Before the time limit was up, my husband went back to the store to talk to the manager and ask if we could exchange our purchase for a queen size. She said she needed to speak to her manager and she would get back to him. When she called back, she said they would exchange the king for the queen at an additional charge of $350.00 for the queen size adjustable frame because the adjustable frame was not on sale but would give me that as a discounted price.

When I purchased the bed they gave us the adjustable base for with the purchase I upgraded to the head and foot so it cost me $350.00. They also were charging an additional $99 for a delivery fee which is in their contract. If I wanted to return the mattress for a refund, they would charge me $99 for a pickup fee plus a 10% restocking fee approximately $250. All I wanted was an exchange from king to queen with an adjusted price from king price to queen price. My experience dealing with Mattress Firm left me very very dissatisfied. I recommend not buying anything from this company. Sorry for us falling victim to this company. Hopefully this will help other buyers to beware and seek other choices.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Worst mattress I have ever had, We purchased Serta iComfort king mattress. Just after 6 months it started to sag so bad that it gave me severe backache. When we measured it was clearly covered within the guidelines of more than 3/4 inch. I am highly disappointed with this mattress and the warranty department, as they didn't take the responsibility of their product but tried to find reasons to void the warranty saying that although we do have center support we needed 5 horizontal slats as well.

We have a standard king size bed from a good furniture store, and that's what they have for all of their king beds. We were never told at the time of purchase that our bed didn't meet the standard for warranty. All they said was king size bed with center support touching floor is good. And now it is another story. I am not doing any business with this company any more. Please think twice before you buy from Mattress Firm, warranty claim department is just a joke, they sincerely don't want to help you.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We purchased a Purple mattress and adjustable base the day after Thanksgiving. It was supposed to be delivered last Saturday (12/1/18). When I didn't hear from them, I called Friday night and was told it wouldn't come until Wednesday. (Note that they didn't call me. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't called.) Since we were getting rid of our old bed (not just the mattress, the whole bed), we got rid of it Tuesday night. I reorganized my work schedule to be home for Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon I get a call that it won't come in until Thursday. I reorganize my schedule again. On Thursday I get a call - "I'm afraid I have bad news..." And the lady can't even tell me when I might get the bed. ("Hopefully over the weekend.")

At this point, we've been sleeping on an air mattress for five nights. And today (Sunday) they say that maybe we will get it on Tuesday. I'm not sure how I will manage that at work, but I guess I have to figure something out. They can't even agree to deliver after 5 pm. The only possible delivery windows are nine to four or three to nine. The people whom I've dealt with have all been very polite and apologetic. I have no complaints about those who are working in the store. I know it's not their fault, but this is ridiculous. My husband is older and this is a *huge* inconvenience. I guess we shouldn't have gotten rid of the old bed, but where would we have put the new one? We don't have that kind of space. And I assumed that after the first delay, we would get a bed. If it doesn't come by Tuesday, I will have to cancel the order and get a bed from someone who will actually deliver one.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I paid over $1,000 for a mattress that was supposed to be hand delivered tomorrow. I have the transcripts from when I ordered the mattress which clearly states "Your mattress will be hand delivered on 12/09, and you will receive a call the day before to give you a 2 hour window of delivery." The website also states it will be delivered on 12/9. It is the day before my supposed delivery, and I never received a call about my 2 hour window, so I wrote, and the lady I spoke with said "I'm sorry, but your mattress will not be hand delivered, and you won't receive it on 12/9, nor can I provide you with a delivery date." EXCUSE ME??? I feel completely cheated and lied to. I WANT MY MATTRESS!!! It's crazy because this happened before. I guess I'm twice the fool for believing this company! Ughhhh!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

After less than a year, our Serta mattress developed impression where you sit on edge before getting into bed - put in a warranty claim which was denied, then paid to have "third party" to inspect. Findings were that impression were considered normal. Feel that a $1,000 mattress shouldn't develop dents in such a short time. Also, don't waste your money requesting a second opinion. Hopefully, the mattress will last a few more years before we have to replace it.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

They charge for local delivery, give you a 2 hour window the day before, BUT DO NOT HONOR THE TIMEFRAME!!! Negotiate terms that the delivery must be in their window or should be for free. Low quality delivery -- no dispatcher or driver called...

Mattress Firm response

Hi Bob,

We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your recent purchase. We will have a Customer Relations Representative reach out to you for further assistance

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We purchased a memory foam mattress from Mattress Firm. A really big part of our decision to purchase from them was that we’re remotely located out on Long Island and they're very close to where we live. The sales rep was very friendly and super helpful. He did a nice job and we liked that he wasn’t super high pressure. The product that we got is good and I’m satisfied with it. It was exactly what we thought we were getting. I would recommend that people go to the Mattress Firm store we went to.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We bought something from Mattress Firm in the past. This time, we purchased a mattress and a base for the kids room and the quality is worth it. The sales rep I had was a good guy, too. I like his service and everything was perfect.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I had a fine experience with the sales and customer service teams in Mattress Firm. I purchased a queen-sized mattress, and it's working out fine. I'd recommend Mattress Firm. They did a fine job with me.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I buy queen size mattress almost a month ago. I call yesterday to the store cause the mattress is very soft. I work nights so I never sleep in my bed specially this time cause I have a friend visiting me. She was telling me my bed was so soft but cause I laid just a few times I didn't notice. Yesterday I call the place where I buy it. The seller was very nice all the time, easy to change and blablabla. I told her I didn't like the base. I find useless the foot side so I ask very kind if I can just change for the electric head. Immediately said NO even is going to be a month when I buy it. I need help cause I think isn't right to buy something I don't enjoy!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The mattress I ordered was delivered and found to have a large mold stain. The delivery team was apologetic and said I could call to request a new delivery. I didn't think it was a huge deal, these things can happen, but the ensuing experience with customer service in trying to order a new one made the issue a million times worse. It is very hard to get someone one the phone as wait times are routinely 2 hours. I used the online chat service, which although still slow, was faster than calling.

The entire day I tried to get them to schedule a new delivery for tomorrow, but I was repeatedly told to contact customer service later as the warehouse was unavailable. I repeatedly requested to be contacted so I wouldn't have to spend an hour getting in touch with them. One person said they would email me back at a certain time but never did. I was told that having a customer service representative call me to schedule this delivery when they were ready was out of the question as they have too many calls coming in. So I kept having to deal with a new agent each time, waiting on hold and re-explaining everything just to find out when I can request my re-order. If you order from them, you better hope that there are no mistakes. If there are, fixing them could be a never ending series of frustrating customer service calls. This could have easily been a four star review if anyone in the company ever stepped in and made the initial mistake right.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I ordered on the phone Sleepy 12 inches quilted foam gel mattress and they offered promotional free spring box, two pillows and mattress cover. The mattress didn’t extended to 13 inches and I paid the difference (total $ 867.00) and reorder 14 inches same type of mattress. This one inflated just 12 inches, but was enough for my needs. This mattress gave me terrible back pain and I intended to return.

Here we have a SURPRiSE!!! Even I didn’t used the mattress cover and the hard foam pillows, they will not take them back and they will charge their high prices: 10% restocking fee ($86.00), return delivery (?), $199.00 for low profile spring box that I paid to be assemble, $89.00 for each pillow and $79.00 for mattress cover that I bought one from eBay for $21.00. Now, I will get back $244.00 from $855.00 that I paid for queen mattress. Just don’t get excited about 120 days free tria!!! BE AWARE! I preferred to donate the mattress than deal with their business!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought a $8,000 massage chair in June at the fair through Mattress Firm. They delivered the chair and one wired remote... but no wireless remote, instruction manual or another equipment that comes with the chair. I have made 3 calls to the salesperson and 4 to customer service. NONE of them returned the call or sent the equipment or followed up. Here is the case # ** they created. This is horrible customer service with a capital H.

Resolution response: Dec. 4, 2018

The company called and resolved my issue. The bed was exchanged and they were very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My husband purchased the purple bed and I wasn't in love with it at the store but it was ok. A few weeks after using it I realize that my back ached every morning. I am 25 years old and never had a back problem. I decided to sleep on the couch for a week to see if it's possibly the new mattress. Each morning I woke up with no pain from the couch. We decided to exchange the bed for 1 that was more expensive but worked well with my back. The delivery guy came, the room wasn't very bright he took a picture and claimed there was a stain.

I moved the curtain to let the light in and showed him there was no stain there. He agreed but still pointed to his busted phone with half the screen smashed that the stain was on his phone. I took a picture of the same spot on my phone which showed no stain. The bed had no stain but he quickly left and told me to call the store. Now I paid $2600 for a bed that I cannot sleep in and can't exchange because of some old guy's view. I have videos and pictures of the bed on the same day he came with no stain. Even the employees at the store said the picture on the delivery guy's phone is shoddy and wasn't clear. I would like someone in management to contact me regarding this issue because it is beyond ridiculous and unfair.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My delivery was sent out wrong. Waited an hour on hold on the phone and was disconnected from service chat. I would give this company a 0 rating if possible. The delivery guys were about 0 helpful and couldn't get out of the house fast enough. "Not their problem". Really? You make the wrong delivery and it's not your problem? Give me a break. Just terrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I bought a King size hybrid mattress 116 days ago. I spent close to $1700 on the mattress. I began to notice body impressions. Not huge or terrible, but enough to make me question the mattress. Less than four months seemed too quick to have body impressions. Right? I was considering exchanging the mattress for something that wouldn't get body impressions. I knew I needed to decide quickly because the 120 day guarantee was ending soon. My husband and I went back to the original store. I told the salesman my concerns. And that's when the fast-talking double talk started. He said ALL king sized mattresses get body impressions. After less than 4 months? That didn't seem right to me.

I was guessing it had to do with the gel layers. His brilliant suggestion was to turn the mattress 90 degrees to try to get more even wear. OK. I'm no mattress expert, but that seemed weird to me. He repeated that suggestion several times and would not let me discuss other options. There never really was a discussion about other options. SO, now I have 4 days left on my 120 day guarantee, a mattress with body impressions that I can only assume will get worse over time, and many questions that never got answered. Final thought: If all king sized mattresses get body impressions, maybe I need to go back to my queen.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought a mattress and a box spring from Mattress Firm and it was a good experience. They were in a convenient location in my town, and it was pretty easy to just go and pick what I wanted. After looking on my own and picking what I wanted, the sales rep helped me. It was strange though that when the rep looked up the delivery schedule, they were all for Sundays. I also misjudged as I needed a mattress that's a little softer and I got one that's firmer than what I thought it would end up being. Nevertheless, the products have good quality.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We just purchased a new home and we needed new furniture. Mattress Firm had a sale and they also have a military discount so we went to them and bought three mattresses. I had gotten the full mattress and then a queen, and finally a twin mattress. They’re good mattresses. We got this cover for them that keeps the bed bugs away or it keeps it from getting dirty.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Mattress Firm's sales rep was phenomenal. He listened to my needs and let me try out every bed that I wanted. He recommended all the beds that he likes and I fell in love with one of the beds that he recommended. I purchased the mattress and so far, I love it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I went in the store to search for a quality affordable queen size set. Initially Annette, the saleswoman at the Denver store, was soft/pushy, meaning she provided information then allowed me time to lay on the bed. She then proceeded to run a credit check when I didn't want one done, but she pushed through my objections and did it anyway, including getting my social security. I didn't stand up and say 'NO' because I know these delete, but it made me uncomfortable and I felt "pushed". She then continued to push more, and got angry when I said that I would think about it.

I agreed to stay and look at cheaper beds, she said that "all you'll get for that amount is those" and they were the clearance beds standing against the wall. She then asked me if I wanted to pull the bed down to lay on it, as she wouldn't move the bed because of her bad back. This was way out of line! I left and will not go back, I do not appreciate being disrespected and then treated poorly when the "sale" looks like it's going south. I do not trust her, and she is the store manager!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Updated on 02/21/2019: This is been going on long enough with your company messing with my life. I have been stressed out with Mattress Firm store changing terms of an agreement that I have via text and online chat messages saying you were changing my terms back to agreed 89 a month interest free. I get a statement from synchrony bank and min payment is $157 still Telling me since end of November! I want my MONEY back come get the beds and frame as I have said since the beginning! This is enough of your company breaching a contract and changing the terms! I paid $341.59 of the bill not the agreed in writing $89 a month! You breached the contract again! I will go to a lawyer, news stations, everywhere on the internet, to get my money back and get out of this stress! Return my money, take back the beds, and frame!

Original Review: I ordered a mattress online and slept on it for 30 days, it hurt so badly I went into the local store to exchange. I said I can’t afford more than $2000. The manager was only person in the store. No one else there. No customers. I looked at beds and chose one, he sold me a adjustable base and another bed saying, "With your return it’ll only cost $800 more." I kept saying, "That doesn’t sound right." He said the base is a floor model. After him messing around on the computer for an hour he kept apologizing and saying, "I’m triple checking". I got the beds and base. For a delivery 4 days out.

I went home and decided to do a Mattress Firm chat at 3 am which the person looked up the sale and said everything was correct. I said it looks like everything is going to cost $3300, she said, "No. When the other mattress is returned all will be $2156." I also later that day text messaged the manager and asked to cancel stating it doesn’t look correct, (who gave his cell number on contract) he sent text with same $2156. And he said he called Synchrony to double check and after return it’s $2156. I said, "Are you sure? I can’t afford more than the $2156. I’m a widow." He said yes again. Well, lo and behold my credit card says I owe $3300. I was lied to and I have both these conversations in writing and the contract saying $2156.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My friends told me that mattresses from Mattress Firm are good. I got a head-up adjustable bed from them. The rep who helped me was nice. My back used to hurt but now, with my new mattress, I do not have a lot of pain when I wake up. My experience with it has been great.

Mattress Firm Company Information