1.4/5 (68 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Mattress Firm

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Mattress Firm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: March 9, 2022

I wish I can give them 0 Star. Hassle return policy and wasting your time. There is some companies trying to make money and servicing the customers the best way like Costco, and there is companies trying only making money and don't care about customers like Mattress Firm. I bought Beauty rest King size and after 4 months sagging, my weight 205 LBs.

- They have only 120 days return policy and they will charge you to send it back.
- They will charge you restocking fee 10% if you need an exchange or 20% to return it.
- Delivery people will deliver it for you in the entrance or garage and will charge you extra $100 if you need specific room.

- The mattress sagging in my case and I spend almost 2 hours taking pictures and open a warranty case to file a claim and took 5 days for them to inform me the sagging within manufacture range.

Note: I have the same brand for 11 years now in different room and it's in excellent condition. Save your time and money and buy your mattress from Costco, free shipping in any room you want and free return policy even after a year, and it will take you only 10 seconds to order a return. Not recommended at all.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I received this as a replacement product for a foam /unbreathable mattress that I had bought from them a month earlier. Paid an additional almost $200/ because it was supposed to have better support, better quality and be very breathable. The first day I slept on it my back started hurting so I asked my teenage son to try it. He woke up in the middle of the time and told me Mom I need my bed back my back hurts. I called and asked to return it. Additional $200/ for returns because they do not take more than one for free. I have been sleeping on it this past week waiting for a new order. I have had terrible legs pulling, backaches and had to take ** every night before bed. Finally slept on the carpeted floor.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I filed a warranty claim in Dec, finally had it approved in January and still don’t have a bed. I get nothing but excuses and lame sales tactics from the Walla Walla store manager and little support from the company itself. Do your research before you buy from this company. They have a history of poor customer service if there are any problems with their product. You are not a priority unless you’re spending money.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Went to store to file a claim and were told it had to be done on line and would take about 10 min. Took over an hour because of all the pictures they required. The store Manager and a salesperson said that what we showed then in a picture should not happen. Sent everything in that was required and 5 days later got an email that the claim was denied. No one came to look at the problem and how could someone sitting in an office make that decision from a picture when the people that sell the product everyday said this issue should not happen. I don't think I would ever buy another product from them. They tout how great their warranties are to get you to buy and then deny any claim you have after.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I had purchased a plush king Beautyrest from the manager at Mattress Firm when I went to the shop explaining the back & neck pains I have and I needed a bed that supported the back & neck. When I received the mattress, it was so stiff and I called to return the mattress within 2 days of sleeping on it. Salesman convinced me to keep the mattress as it will soften over time.

A month later, the mattress softened up.. only on the place that I slept on and the rest of the mattress did not budge, so it sunk in the center of the bed over an inch! This was not covered under their warranty even though they advertise quality and warranty. I tried to contact the original salesman/manager to exchange the mattress and did not hear back for over a month! So I gave up and returned the mattress. Only to find out that I had to pay 20% of the cost, $99 to pick up and I wasn't able to return the adjustable bed!! This was the WORST decision to have gone to this place and I will never purchase from here again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I bought a Sleepy Mattress from the local Mattress Firm and the mattress performed well for several months and things went downhill fast. I am a back sleeper and weigh less than 130 pounds. I began to notice a soft spot under my hips and the longer I used the deeper the hole got. I tried to contact the customer support group and couldn’t talk to a single person. I tried chat with the same result. They offer a service that for $79.95 they would send a representative who would work the problem. Problem solved!…

Wrong. No representative in my area to assign the issue. I finally reached a VP’s off and got an email from his assistant who sent me a packet outlining what they needed; 5 pages of forms, required pictures measurements, etc. I am 76 years old and no longer have the energy or desire to go through the required gymnastics to accomplish the required work. I'm out over $1000, a horrible mattress and a bad attitude towards the mattress firm. Buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Very pissed off at Mattress Firm. They told my husband our new mattress would be delivered today and he would receive a call last night to schedule a time. He finally contacts customer service today and they tell him there was a glitch in the system and won't come till next Thursday. We've been sleeping on a crappy mattress and needed this delivered today. The rep thought that she could just upgrade us to gold delivery and we would just be ok with it. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I bought a mattress and adjustable base because they talked it up like it was gold. The mattress that I bought, I have had for 3 months and has already broken down. The base which originally cost $700 is crap, Don't buy one, you won't use it. The mattress that was supposed to be for back and side sleepers has given me back problems and a pinched nerve in my shoulder and I cannot sleep through the night without the constant throbbing pain of my shoulder waking me up. I cannot even afford to buy a new bed due to the fact that this bed cost me over $1700.

They will not take the base back and will not refund your money. I have tried several times to contact them, with No response. I try not to be confrontational, I would prefer to chat or email and of course there is no email to contact. The chat people cannot help you and trying to get someone to call you is a joke. I also tried about 5 times to file a claim online for the "warranty"; but the website won't let you upload pictures. So of course now the 120 days is up and I am stuck with a bed that has made my life miserable. Don't shop here. It's not worth your money or time. That only care about their bottom line.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

DO NOT SHOP HERE. I am so absolutely disgusted. I ordered a mattress on Saturday night and realized two hours later it was the wrong size. I emailed them frantically. They said the sales agent would get back to me within 48 hours. I emailed them on Monday. They promised they'd send me a link to change the size. No email came. I emailed yesterday to cancel because I would afraid it would arrive. This morning, I got an e-mail to process the cancellation. Well guess what? It's 1:28 and the mattress is HERE. They don't even have a customer service phone number!!!! They do everything online!!!! Now they have lost my business and they are picking up the mattress tomorrow. I am so absolutely disgusted. I was willing to work with them over the error, and this is what happened.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

No phone number just a chat that is offline all the time. It's been 1 month since the date they promised they deliver. When you chat to support they drop the chat in the middle. And you have to wait hrs again and explain the whole issue. Probably a scam. Be careful.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Ordered a twin mattress and frame on 1/6/2022. Cancelled order 1/11/2022. Company notified me a refund would be issued within 7 to 10 business days. 1/22/2022 got email they were delivering the mattress. I tried to stop the delivery since the order was cancelled. The only way to communicate with the company for an online order is thru online Chat or submitting a form requesting assistance. Tried both ways and sent an email to agent that cancelled my order, to no avail. Got email telling me the approximate time of the delivery and the driver would contact me prior to delivering the mattress. Got automated message instead of the driver calling so I couldn't tell them not to deliver. Driver and assistant came. Arrived at my house. Neither spoke English, they had to get their manager on the phone. Explained order had been cancelled thus I couldn't accept delivery. She indicated they would take mattress back to warehouse and notify Mattress Firm.

Got an email from Mattress Firm apologizing for not being able to deliver mattress and informing me they would deliver it on 1/25/2022. I was shocked. The order has been cancelled since 1/11/2022, delivery was not accepted and they are trying to deliver again. Tried to contact company again to stop this delivery. Finally, got an agent thru online Chat. Agent stopped the delivery. Got email saying order was cancelled and it would be another 7 to 10 business days before they refund my money. I should have gotten my refund today, but didn't. Who knows if I'll get it in the next 7 to 10 business days. This is ridiculous. I will not be buying from Mattress Firm again. The corporate office is located in Houston, TX. After this ordeal, I looked up their rating with the Houston BBB. Wish I had done that before I ordered from this company.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

We have a mattress we purchased on Feb 23 2021 and the coil is popping out of the sides top and bottom of the mattress. We were told to file a warranty claim and provide photos. Most of these photos had nothing to do with the part where the coil is popping out. This is so bad it damaged our box spring and foam topper that was on top of the mattress. If we didn't have the topper it would have stabbed us while we were sleeping on it. Our warranty claim was denied. This is not even a year old! We are asking for a refund or replacement of a safer mattress. We would even be will to accept a credit to purchase a brand name that is safer and will last more than a year. This is not acceptable we have a defective product and they are refusing to replace it!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I went into the store trying to find a mattress that would help with back pain. The salesperson (Thomas) assured me that I could return it for my money back or for an exchange. I asked him what was the language and definitions of that because I had learned in the past what they say and what they mean isn’t always the same. He assured me it meant just what it said and they would take very good care of me. I opted to do their financing with no interest and I already had their credit card so I requested to use the one I already had but I wanted the promotional rate. When I got the mattress it didn’t feel anything like the one in the store that I had laid on. I had to return it but in the meantime I found out he had applied for a new card in my name instead of using the one I had given him and when I tried to take it back I found out there would be $100 charge to pick back up plus $500 to restock that. I felt betrayed on all counts.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

The salesman (Eric) is terrific. Whether the company itself is, it would be presumptuous of us to say because we do not know enough about the company. Eric has gone the extra mile on our behalf in post-sale customer service, possibly - possibly - because the company could not or would not. Prior to our decision to purchase, Eric (and a colleague) answered our questions perfectly lucidly and knowledgeably.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

We ordered a mattress online and it was supposed to be delivered within a week. It keeps getting pushed back. If we call in, they say that they cannot help because it was a web order and we have to go through chat. If we go on chat, they do not help. This has been a huge waste of time and we're canceling the order. Do yourself a favor and go to a reputable store and deal with someone in person. Mattress Firm doesn't care about their customers and is no help.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

My wife and I have back issues, so we decided to buy a Tempur-Pedic Mattress and frame. We bought it from the Mattress Firm. I wanted to place a good down payment, but the sales person convinced me he could get me 5 years no interest financing on the entire purchase. It sounded good to me so I agreed. Long story short we ended up swapping beds 4 times to find the right bed for us. the process was painless, and we ended up finding the perfect bed for us.

The Problem: Somewhere in the bed switching, our promotion of no interest was taken away, WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION. We had been promised that we would stay on the promotional financing even though we had switched beds so many times. We started receiving emails that we were delinquent on our payments, I knew we had paid all payments on time. Taking into account the increased price for the bed that finally gave us a good night sleep.

Inspecting our bill, Synchrony Bank (the "bank" the matress firm owns for financing), had decided to dictate that we now owed them over a thousand dollars in interest and penalties!

WOW! Just what I remember when I was younger from abusive lenders that think they can take advantage of anyone who gets talked into using their financing. SHAMEFUL. We tried to call to sort this mistake out, but could never get a real person on the phone. The best we got was an automated system. This system's only option was pay us money, pay us money, WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY US MONEY? No recourse, no disputing your bill, no way to work out a mistake on their end. I love the bed! I will never buy another bed from the Mattress Firm. I would tell anyone reading this: Buy the BED! Just don't buy it from this "bank" pretending to be a mattress retailer.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Delivery repeatedly delayed. They attempted to fix the problem by scheduling delivery of an inferior mattress and not offering any sort of credit. They said I could exchange later if not happy with the substituted mattress. Needless to say I canceled the entire order. Be warned that they do not meet their delivery or product commitments.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

If you use Mattress Firm’s financing, be aware that they may up monthly payments. I called a customer service agent after being charged late fees due to the auto payment falling on a weekend. The payment had arrived one day late. I paid the fee and moved the auto payment date so it would not happen again. The agent confirmed that auto payment date was correct so the payment would not be late in the future. Without missing or being late for a payment, I kept getting charged more for additional late fees. I called and they said I needed to continue paying late fees. Do not get this card or use it to finance a bed purchase.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Although I have purchased from them twice before and the experience was good. I purchased the same type mattress recently. It seemed OK in the beginning but after 45 days it sank really bad. It was difficult to get out of the bed. I returned it and got a replacement which had the same problem after 45 days. At this point I just wanted my money back and to return the mattress. They informed me that I had voided the warranty because I didn't purchase the recommended bed frame which was never mentioned to me during the sale. Now I am stuck with a mattress that is uncomfortable to sleep on by me.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I purchased a New mattress in Chesterfield MO & the mattress came with a 10 yr warranty. I’ve tried to contact the Corporate for the Warranty service But No Response is available. They need to be taken to Court for Fraudulent Warranties.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I really enjoyed my experience at first the salesperson always really nice which I enjoyed and I was able to get my mattress very quickly. Well while having it not that long I noticed it would indent. I didn’t like it and wanted a different bed but not from them because it was 2700 for the bed I had. I decided to return it and it was expensive as hell. Not to mention I got an adjustable bed frame and no one told me it was non refundable! I feel scammed and I’m confused on how I still owe 1600 to this company for a lack of quality in something they sold me! Not a good process, SUPER EXPENSIVE, and shady! Never going here again and I’m telling everyone not to go here.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Order Beautyrest mattress by phone and sales person promise that delivery to room is free and will take the old mattress but when delivery guy came he said he can drop outside only as showed me that nothing is mentioned in the notes. They lie to me to get the business. I was getting better deal online but because he promise this delivery I opted this. When I tried to return as it was too firm and was not all comfortable they said that I have to pay $100 delivery and 20% restocking fee. I learnt a lesson that at least for mattress go to store and checking it before buying. Never buy mattress online.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

The mattress we purchased is good. Not really worth the 2600$ we have to pay but good. My issue is their financing system. I lost 82 points from my credit score due to how they report it! Basically they don't tell you it's a credit card and once the full amount reported well it looks like you maxed out your cc!! That hit is gonna take years to recover and I'm extremely upset about it! Thanks Mattress Firm. I will NEVER comeback again!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I purchased a Zinus My Gel queen mattress online from Mattress Firm on 10/27/21. I was told my order would be delivered in 3-5 days. I also requested that it be set up in my home. I called 3 days later to see if they had an exact delivery date yet. They found my order right away and said that it would be two weeks & that I ordered contactless delivery. Then I was told then that in order to have it set up in my home I would need to call back and tell them on or a few days before 11/2.

So, I called them on 11/1. I used the track my order option and they could not find my order number. I re-entered it several times. I clicked on the chat option and the connection was not working. It suggests you contact them by the phone number if it is between the hours above. There were no hours above and the phone just said to go online. There was no option to speak to a CSR. I waited an hour and tried again thinking they were not open yet but got the same result. So, I canceled my order. Now the wait begins to see whether they will return the money to my card. I have no way of contacting them since they obviously do not want to be contacted by their customers. If I do not get a full refund I will leave another review. I do not suggest doing business with Mattress Firm.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

The problem everyone has with Mattress Firm. Do not deliver. They do not call to say date has changed. Do not buy from the folks. You will be wasting your time and even your pto for nothing. Had it in stock when you took my money two weeks before I was to have it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I am rating this store as LOW as possible. After placing an order over a week ago and paying $200 for a specific 2 hour delivery window, got a call 10 minutes before the delivery window saying there wasn't going to be a delivery. Part of the order is not in stock and instead of asking if a partial delivery is acceptable, the warehouse decided to do no delivery.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I did not read the fine print; if you do not complete the finance free time period, with only 390.00 left to go, they do not charge you a fee on the balance, but the entire thing. Bigger hole. Very deceptive.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

When in somebody bragged about the Purple mattress and so I got it for $2,997 in change and I have back pain and it does not help that at all. I don't care what you advertise. It's the worst bed that I've ever slept on. I wake up with back pain every single day! Wish I could have given a zero as I said.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

DO NOT buy from Mattress Firm. They charged me $784 return fee for a mattress I never slept on. I contacted them and let them know I was unable to stand the gasses that were emitting from their mattress. They told me I had to keep the mattress for at least 2 weeks. To be fair the contract did state that there would be a restocking fee ($99) and return fees (20% because you have the audacity not to like their mattress and another 20% because you have better sense than to buy a replacement from them).

They claim the additional 20% is to “encourage” you to buy the replacement mattress from them. At the time I did not see a problem with the arrangement. I figured worse case I’d pay 20% plus a restocking fee if I didn’t like my initial choice and select another mattress. If their fees are this high I figure they must get requests for returns quite frequently.

I didn’t know that the smell that came from their mattress was so offensive. I was informed to let the mattress air out for a day or two. My thought was it was a mothball type of issue. Not true, the gasses were coming from the mattress itself. Not long after the mattress arrived, I got a headache and felt nauseous. I tried the next day to get some work done. But since my bedroom doubles as my office, I had to abandon my bedroom/office for two weeks.

Mattress Firm charged me $784 to take back a mattress I never slept on. I hated to pay them that exorbitant amount but my health is much more important to me than Mattress Firm’s gouging return prices. My experience with Mattress Firm encouraged me to go organic. I investigated Birch and Awara. They are purported to be the top manufacturers of organic mattresses. I went with Awara.

But first I asked about their return policy. Get this, they allow you 365 days to return the mattress and they do not charge you anything to return it. Not to mention on top of being approximately $700 cheaper, Awara included sheets, mattress cover and pillows for free. I have never slept better. The service was excellent. Mattress Firm extended my delivery date. AWARA delivered exactly at the date/time we agreed upon. AWARA turned out to be an honest and reputable company worth doing business with. I wrote AWARA a glowing review.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The delivery crew was professional and friendly. Always wearing a mask and easy to talk with. At first they told me, they did not set up the headboard set. But after I called Ms. **, she contacted the delivery company, The crew came back and set up the headboard. Even though it was not a scheduled task, they did well with no issues. The crew gets a 10 in delivery and set up.

Attached is picture of the headboard set up, which is 3” lower than the mattress. Looks odd, but I sent this pic to Ms. **. I am waiting for her to reply. My frustration is Ms. ** said she would call me back when she contacted the delivery company to set up the headboard. She did not call me back. She also didn’t return my call, when I left a message 1:10 pm. It wasn’t until 4:02 I called her again and she was pleasant, but not resolving my current problem. I asked her why she didn’t call me, and she said she was busy. What manager of a business doesn’t check her voice mail for 3-hours and call back customers that have given her $3500 worth of business?

Mattress Firm Company Information