Puffy Mattress Reviews

Puffy Mattress Reviews
4.8(204)

About Puffy

Puffy is a bed-in-the-box mattress company that sells online and through retailers. There are four different types of Puffy mattresses: the Puffy Mattress, the Puffy Lux Mattress, the Puffy Royal Mattress and the Puffy Monarch Mattress. They also supply several accessories, such as bed frames, pillows and mattress protectors. Puffy provides a 101-night risk-free trial, free shipping and returns, and a lifetime warranty.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • 101-night in-home trial
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Good temperature regulation
Cons
  • Pricey higher-end models

About Puffy mattresses

Puffy mattresses focus on easing back and joint pain, using their design and technology to eliminate pressure points and improve circulation. Puffy offers foam and hybrid mattresses to suit all sleep positions, including back, side and stomach. Puffy mattresses offer a 101-night sleep trial. If you don’t think the Puffy mattress is right for you in that time frame, you can return it for a full refund.

101-night trial

Free shipping

Lifetime warranty

Puffy mattresses

Puffy mattress construction and materials

Puffy mattresses are made out of several layers of foam.

• Stain-resistant Cloud Cover: This top cover is hypoallergenic and helps keep your mattress clean and fresh.
  • Cooling Cloud Foam: The 2 inches of breathable foam is designed to be temperature-neutral and aid cool sleep, which is often a top concern for memory foam mattresses.
  • Plush Dual Cloud Foam: Available on the Puffy Lux model only, this 1.5-inch layer provides pressure relief.
  • Climate Comfort Foam: This 2-inch, humidity-resistant layer is included specifically to address temperature concerns by wicking away moisture to ensure you keep a cool, comfortable sleep year-round.
  • Firm Core Support Foam: The foam base layer of Puffy mattresses is designed to provide stabilization and support, keeping your mattress durable.
  • Grip Base Cover: The grip base cover helps keep your mattress in place, no matter how much you toss and turn.
Puffy mattress materials

Puffy mattress comfort

Puffy mattresses are designed to support most individuals, regardless of sleeping style.

• Firmness: Puffy mattresses are medium-firm, but each mattress type has various layers which will slightly affect comfort and firmness, ranging from ultra-plush to medium-firm.
  • Sleeping position: Puffy mattresses are designed to support all sleep positions and provide enhanced spinal support and pressure relief.
  • Motion transfer: Puffy mattresses are noted for limited motion transfer, making them a great choice for co-sleepers.
  • Sleeping hot: The Climate Comfort Foam and Cooling Cloud Foam ensure proper temperature regulation on Puffy mattresses. In addition, the top layer closest to your body is designed with a breathable fabric, which helps pull heat away from your body while you sleep.

Puffy mattress prices

There are four Puffy mattress models: the Puffy Mattress, the Puffy Lux Mattress, the Puffy Royal Mattress and the Puffy Monarch Mattress. The Puffy Lux includes a Plush Dual Cloud Foam and a Firm Core Support Foam with contour-adapt coils for minimal strain and maximum recovery. The Puffy Royal Mattress includes seven layers of comfort and is infused with a cooling gel to minimize heat retention.

The Puffy Mattress is the most affordable option. A queen-size Puffy Mattress costs $1,049, a queen-size Puffy Lux Mattress costs $1,499, and a queen-size Puffy Royal Mattress costs $2,399. Financing and discounts are available.

Mattress sizePuffy MattressPuffy Lux MattressPuffy Royal MattressPuffy Monarch Mattress
Twin$599$899$1,249Not available
Twin XL$749$1,049$1,449$1,999
Full$899$1,299$2,149Not available
Queen$1,049$1,499$2,399$3,299
King$1,249$1,699$2,699$3,799
California King$1,249$1,699$2,699$3,799
Split King$1,498$2,098$2,898$3,998

*Price includes a $750 mattress discount at the time of publishing. Puffy is also offering a free luxury bundle of sheets, pillows and a protector ($600 value) with purchase and 15% off all accessories.

Are Puffy mattresses good?

If you’re looking for a memory foam mattress designed to support all sleeping positions and provide mid-level firmness, a Puffy mattress may be a good option. As an added benefit, the advanced cooling technology built into Puffy mattresses make them an ideal choice for hot sleepers.

Puffy Reviews

Stars Rating

• 93%
  • 2%
  • 2%
  • 0%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puffy?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puffy?
    Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

Buying a mattress is an important decision that will impact your life on a daily basis. I like to test out my mattresses before buying them, because I have a chronic pain disorder, which affects my back and muscles. Mattress comfort is a personal thing and our bodies are all so different. Because of my chronic pain, I’m sadly a tough customer to accommodate. I traveled an hour and a half to find a showroom that had ALL the Puffy Mattresses to compare. The Puffy Cloud had a nice feel to it. I felt most comfortable on my back, and it was fine on my side for a while. I thought the experience would have been even better with a pillow topper. The Puffy Cloud is a great choice for a guest room. The Puffy Lux was an Upgrade from the Cloud. It had the right amount of firmness for sleeping on my side and back for long periods of time.

The Puffy Royal was by far the softest mattress. It felt like I was sinking into a huge piece of dough, and I was most comfortable on my back. My whole family loved this one the most, but it’s not a great choice for my chronic pain. The Puffy Diamond, renamed the Monarch, was by far the best feeling ever for my condition. It has the most layers and it was my very favorite in the entire showroom. It sleeps comfortably with the support my back needs. I was comfortable in all positions- on my stomach, side and back, yet there was still that desirable sink-in feeling my family raved about with the Royal. The price was actually better than a few comparable mattress, in other brands, but still outside my price range. The Monarch was honestly the best mattress I’d tried, and I was testing beds for over two hours. Puffy is an amazing company that makes a quality product, with customer service to match. I received answers within 12 hours, even on the holiday.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you’re enjoying your new Puffy mattress.

If you know someone who might love a Puffy Mattress, feel free to use our referral program to share the magic. You’ll receive $250 of store credit for every purchase from your referrals.

The Puffy Team

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Nov. 17, 2023

We got our Puffy Mattress & Bedding 2 evenings ago. As an "older person" with lots of body aches I was looking forward to how this could help. We have had the Sleep Number bed for 20+ years...really loved it for a bit but then...didn't seem to meet my needs as I aged. Went with Puffy after reading the reviews. First night's sleep...just fantastic. It is so very comfortable. It is very supportive while being soft & welcoming from head to toe. We got the Luxe & I would highly recommend. I probably am writing this too soon after only 1 night's sleep but I am just so happy with my Puffy!

Oh & don't let me forget to mention the bamboo sheets.. My goodness I had never considered buying these but after 1 night I doubt I will ever buy any other sheet. They are so very comfortable.. Can't say enough. I would love to have some more in colors... You may want to consider. The mattress cover also of very good quality. Everything very upscale & impressive. Oh & another great feature... We have had sleep Number bed for 20 years. We tossed the mattress but used the frame. The new Puffy works well with the rise & lower of the frame, also the massage feature. Win Win!

Hi Gail,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you’re enjoying your new Puffy mattresses.

Reviewed Sept. 24, 2023

I recently purchased a lux hybrid mattress, and I must say, it has completely transformed my sleep experience. From the moment I lay down, it feels like I'm floating on a cloud, enveloped in a cocoon of pure comfort. This mattress has truly exceeded my expectations in terms of comfort and support. One of the standout features of this mattress is its exceptional level of plushness. The moment I sink into its luxurious layers, I can feel the stress of the day melting away. The mattress gently cradles my body, providing the perfect balance between softness and support. It contours to my shape, ensuring that every inch of my body is properly supported, allowing me to wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

The materials used in this mattress are of the highest quality, evident in its construction. The top layer is incredibly soft and breathable, allowing for optimal airflow and temperature regulation throughout the night. No more waking up in a sweat or feeling too hot during the summer months. It truly feels like a personalized climate-controlled oasis. So if you're in search of a mattress that offers unparalleled comfort and feels like laying on a cloud, look no further. This mattress has truly transformed my sleep experience, providing the perfect balance of softness and support. Its luxurious feel, breathability, and motion isolation make it a standout choice. Say goodbye to restless nights and hello to a heavenly slumber.

Hi Samantha,

The Puffy Team

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2023

It is truly amazing the comfort that comes out of a box, mattress, pillows, & sheets. All of these items are cool & soft to the touch. Very addictive, late in the evening you start thinking about that feeling. I am 5'8", weigh 175 lbs and I receive just enough support with an incredibly soft touch to my hips that allows me to sleep longer. Close attention to detail with the sewing around the elastic that wraps around the mattress. Quality wide elastic that will hold your corners in place.

The entire mattress looks and feels of great quality, materials and workmanship. I have increased the amount of sleep I get per night, but mainly the quality of sleep is what sold me on the mattress. I have been falling into a deep sleep, not use to that, forgot what it felt like. THANK YOU PUFFY. I highly recommend this mattress to anyone, especially anyone that has pain in their hips when sleeping on their sides. I am a side sleeper and this mattress has improved my sleep quality. I have to be honest though, the Puffy Serenity Adjustable Frame also contributed to the quality of sleep.

What do you have to lose...Customer Service is Awesome and the policy is try for 101 days and return it for free if you do not like it. Very Fast Delivery, so when you order your Puffy Deluxe Mattress, be ready. Puffy has offered me a free pillow for this review. I am just glad they offered it to me when they did because I was about to leave a five star review anyway. I only give two kinds of reviews, real bad or real good. Thanks for your support and service Puffy.

Hi Clarence,

We're so glad you're enjoying your new Puffy Mattress, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

We put customer experience and satisfaction as our top priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

The Puffy Team

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2023

After two decades of fond attachment to our old bed, the time came to bid it farewell. Following meticulous research and reading countless reviews, we settled on the Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress with an adjustable frame. The product arrived, and it was undoubtedly hefty, a sign of its well-built nature. Despite this, the assembly process was surprisingly straightforward.

One of the standout features we've been enjoying is the adjustable heights. This has proven to be an excellent advantage for us as a couple with differing heights - I tower at 6'1", while my wife is a petite 5'5". We can individually adjust our sides to our liking, an impressive addition. Not to forget, the leg recline does wonders in alleviating our regular leg pain, something we've accepted as part of the retirement phase!

As a 25-year military veteran, my body bears the brunt of numerous injuries, including surviving five helicopter crashes. Chronic pain was my constant companion, especially upon waking. However, this Puffy mattress has truly changed the game. Waking up in the morning doesn't feel like a struggle anymore; I can now get out of bed with significantly less discomfort, something I hadn't imagined possible.

Our friends and family who've seen our new Puffy bed are all in awe, some admittedly jealous. I simply chuckle and suggest they get one for themselves! So far, we couldn't be more pleased with our choice. Here's to hoping this Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress continues to serve us for many more years. In terms of comfort and quality, it's definitely a top contender. Highly recommend!

Hi Robert,

Staff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Puffy can't be trusted. A mattress was recommended to me by a Puffy agent after I specifically told her what kind of adjustable bed I had. The mattress broke down and they refuse to honor the warranty.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience with our customer service and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

It’s important to us that our customers are more than satisfied and we would like the opportunity to resolve this issue immediately.

Please contact us at support@puffy.com and we’ll have our team respond to you as soon as possible!

Reviewed June 11, 2024

We've been sleeping on our Deluxe Puffy Topper - Firm for a week, and WOW, what a difference. We have a mattress we always liked, but it's getting old. Instead of going to the expense of replacing it, we decided to research toppers. Puffy Brand came highly recommended with great reviews everywhere we looked. They were right! If and when we decide to replace the whole bed, it'll be a PUFFY for sure!

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you’re enjoying your Puffy mattress.

Reviewed June 10, 2024

No kidding, our old mattress was a nightmare, so we finally pulled the trigger on a Puffy. Best decision ever. This mattress is like sleeping on a cloud but without the whole falling-through-the-sky thing. We're getting some decent shut-eye now and waking up without feeling like we've been hit by a truck. Unboxing and setting it up was a total snap. Not the cheapest mattress out there, but seriously, a good night's sleep is priceless. We're Puffy converts, through and through.

Hi Emily,

Reviewed June 7, 2024

I bought the Puffy almost a year ago and I absolutely love it! I have had back problems before buying the puffy and I no longer get the morning backaches. I now sleep through the night and wake up feeling well-rested. It is soft, well-made, and so comfortable! I now understand the "sleeping on a cloud" saying. Highly recommend!

Hi Jeanne,

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Real talk: We decided to go with a Puffy mattress and we're loving it. It's got just the right amount of softness and support, so we're sleeping through the night and waking up feeling refreshed. Honestly, getting it set up was a breeze. We believe investing in good sleep is always worth it, and our Puffy mattress delivers just that.

Hi there,

Puffy Company Information

Puffy
      Puffy LLC 13070 Saticoy St.
      North Hollywood