3.9/5 (134 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Puffy

Puffy Mattresses is a bed-in-the-box mattress company that sells exclusively online and delivers directly to your door. There are two different types of Puffy mattresses: the Puffy Mattress and the Puffy Lux Mattress. They also supply several accessories, such as bed frames, pillows and mattress protectors. Puffy provides a 101-night risk-free trial, free shipping and returns, and a lifetime warranty.

Pros

• 101-night in-home trial
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Good temperature regulation

Cons

• Lux model is pricey

Bottom Line

Puffy offers quality memory foam mattresses designed for complete support and temperature regulation. While the Lux model is a bit pricey compared to other memory foam options, financing is available.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Puffy mattresses

Puffy mattresses focus on easing back and joint pain using their Cooling Cloud foam to eliminate pressure points and improve circulation. Puffy offers foam mattresses to suit all sleep positions, including back, side and stomach. Puffy mattresses are sold exclusively online and offer a 101-night sleep trial. If you don’t think the Puffy mattress is right for you in that time frame, you can return it for a full refund.

101-night trial

Free shipping

Lifetime warranty

Puffy mattresses

Puffy mattress construction and materials

Puffy mattresses are made out of several layers of foam.

• Cooling Cloud™ Comfort Layer: The top layer of the mattress is designed to conform to your body to relieve pressure on hips, shoulders, knees and joints. This is a breathable material designed to be temperature neutral and aid cool sleep, which is often a top concern for memory foam mattresses.
  • Body Adapting Dual Cloud Layer: Available on the Puffy Lux model only, this layer provides additional support and contouring.
  • ClimateComort™ Layer: This layer is included specifically to address temperature concerns and is engineered to counter seasonable contraction and expansion to ensure you keep a cool, comfortable sleep year round.
  • Foam Core Support Layer: The base layer of Puffy mattresses is designed to add firmness and support for your body. This layer still provides some level of give, allowing every layer in the mattress to conform to your body.
Puffy mattress materials

Puffy mattress comfort

Puffy mattresses are designed to support most individuals, regardless of sleeping style.

• Firmness: Medium. Puffy mattresses only come in one firmness-level, but this is typical of many bed-in-a-box brands, and mid-level firmness suits many.
  • Sleeping position: Puffy mattresses are designed to support all sleep positions and provide enhanced spinal support and pressure relief.
  • Motion transfer: Puffy mattresses are noted for limited motion transfer, making them a great choice for co-sleepers.
  • Sleeping hot: the ClimateControl™ layer is in place to ensure proper temperature regulation on Puffy mattresses. In addition, the top layer closest to your body is designed with a breathable fabric, which will also help pull heat away from your body while you sleep.

Puffy mattress prices

There are two Puffy mattress models, the Puffy mattress and the Puffy Lux mattress. The Puffy Lux includes one additional layer made of “body adapting dual cloud foam,” designed to contour to your body and provide pressure point relief.

The Puffy mattress is the more affordable option, a queen Puffy mattress costs $995. A Puffy Lux mattress costs $1,595 for a queen model. Financing is available.

Mattress sizePuffy MattressPuffy Lux Mattress
Twin$595$1,245
Twin XL$625$1,295
Full$795$1,395
Queen$995$1,595
King$1,150$1,795
California King$1,150$1,795

Are Puffy mattresses good?

If you’re looking for a memory foam mattress designed to support all sleeping positions and provide mid-level firmness, Puffy mattresses may be a good option. As an added benefit, the advanced cooling technology built into Puffy mattresses make them an ideal choice for hot sleepers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puffy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puffy?

Original review: April 10, 2022

I talked to a Puffy representative about their Puffy mattress, asking how it would be for Fibromyalgia, was even guided to the Lux model. I was told it was an excellent choice and would conform to my body and give proper support. That is not true. The mattress loses its ability to conform and hold its shape very quickly. I began to not sleep well, eventually my body soft tissue ached, and then my pressure points inflamed to the point that I wake up with sharp pain. I will not be able to continue sleeping on this Puffy mattress.

I was sick and missed their 111 days return policy by 30 days. I emailed them to explain, but they stuck tight to that policy. I will not be able to return. I should have contacted them for refund much sooner instead of trying to give it the full trial. The mattress was good for a time, but it breaks down a little at a time until it is now ready for the dump. I've had it 4 1/2 months. I do not recommend Puffy for anyone and most definitely not for Fibromyalgia sufferers. Do not believe what they say. They only post 4-5 star reviews on their Puffy website. Beware.

Original review: March 17, 2022

We purchased the Puffy in September 2021. My wife enjoyed it for the first couple of months, although I started to develop back pain. By January, I had been to the chiropractor 4 times, started getting sciatica pain throughout the day, and was sleeping on the floor beside our bed, with a sleeping bag, towels, and a comforter underneath for back support. I couldn't take the pain that this mattress was causing me. I contacted Puffy about it, but unfortunately had just passed their 100-night trial, and they refused any service after that.

Things I've learned since then:

1) Nectar, which I've tried in the past but preferred something firmer, was actually more comfortable, has amazing customer support, and has a 365-night trial. Yeah, a full year!

2) I started doing my research in January, and learned that Puffy customizes the reviews published on their website - they won't publish anything less than 5 stars, so you're lying to yourself reading reviews there. I wasn't able to determine if they were posted by actual customers. This is definitely not an honest company.

3) If you're stuck with a Puffy, DON'T PANIC! This unfortunate waste of money actually has a work-around for those of you who, like me, are outside your measly trial period.

Just take two thick towels, lay them out flat across your side of the bed, and voila. The reason for my intense back pain was that the bed sinks in and pinches the nerves around my spine. I'm skinny, but not skinny enough that my spine sticks out like a razor blade. This mattress just hugs the spine more than anything, with a death grip that puts your nerves in a chokehold and simultaneously commands them to beg "Uncle!"

So, if this bed causes you lower back pain, try laying some towels out, either underneath your sheets or - like I have them - on top of your sheets, so that you're sleeping on them. The tension from the fitted sheet combined with the towels will flatten the curve (literally) so that your spinal column isn't sinking into the crushing foam bed alone and afraid.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I ordered a Puffy Mattress on their Black Friday special and at first everything seemed fine. The mattress and the accessories shipped within 2 days, but right away things seemed off with my delivery. I got an email from FedEx stating it was going to be delivered early on Saturday originally intended for Sunday, but when I looked at the tracking info it had not left the FedEx facility since Friday. Then on Saturday they updated the delivery to Delayed and said it would arrive Tuesday.

On Monday the tracking said it left the facility Sunday at 10 AM but there were no other updates. That is highly unusual in of itself since the facility was only 6 and a half hours drive from my house. So, I contacted Puffy and asked if they would send a new one if this did not arrive as expected and I was assured that yes, they would. So, I let it go till Wednesday and saw there were still no tracking updates and so I contacted them again and asked if they would send a replacement or just cancel my order. I was told this time that no, since it has not been lost for more than 7 days it is not actually lost so they won't ship a new one. And no, they won't refund my money until they work out with FedEx where the shipment is. I complained and was told they will go ahead and request a return of the shipment from FedEx and once they see FedEx update the address, they can issue my refund.

Well two more days went by and no word from Puffy then we hit the weekend. When I contacted them Monday it had now been a full 7 days with no tracking updates and the package was officially lost according to their criteria. So, I contacted them again and said it had been more than 7 days and I trust they will refund my money promptly adding that I would have still been a customer had they just worked with me last week. The response I got was "We followed all the protocols. Sometimes a package gets stuck in a shipping container for a few weeks ... We have submitted this to our shipping department as lost and as soon as they confirm it is lost, we will issue a refund."

I was flabbergasted, what freaking shiping container? Their factory is 7 hours from my house and this product is made in America. It has never seen a shipping container in its life. And the thing is 115 lbs. and 6 ft long so not something that just gets missed when they are unloading things. Now nearly 2 weeks from the day I ordered it I still have not got my refund of nearly $2,000. This company has no customers service and they prioritize profits over your experience. Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I ordered this mattress and a few hours later contacted Puffy to change the order. Delivery was not commenced. It’s been 4 days, and I have not yet received a reply from the company. I received an automated email that delivery commenced yesterday, but have still not received a reply to several emails. I would not recommend dealing with this company.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

We purchased a Puffy mattress Jan. 2021. At 1st it was great..My body was happier than it had been in yrs and slept great. Within about 6 months it started getting really hard and sank in to middle. No more goods night's sleep and can't afford to invest in a new mattress. Contacted company and the return policy is ridiculous. We are once again short on sleep and uncomfortable in the morning.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I purchased the Puffy Lux Mattress Hybrid a couple of months ago. The feel of it is okay but I do think they are pricey. There are two things that I mainly dislike about the product and company:

1. The shape of the mattress is horrible. The ends don't expand properly and it looks like a giant pillow (the ends of the mattress looking flatter).

2. Puffy sends a link where one can post a review after purchase. However, and if it's negative or like mine (2 stars), they don't post it. This latter point is misleading to consumers because all they see are the positive reviews when on the company's website.

I believe one can get better mattresses for the same price and look much better. I do realize that Puffy makes all their mattresses in the USA so I guess that's the only positive.

Original review: July 22, 2021

We purchased the Puffy mattress in June of 2018, I think. We loved it for the first year or so. We would flip end to end when we changed the sheets, hoping to not permanently imprint the memory foam. Now (for the last year or more) both ends and both sides are imprinted, and it is miserable. At first it relieved my back pain, now it only makes it worse. The warranty states that you must be able to see a specific indentation of a certain depth for a warranty claim. The cover remains tight, so no matter how deep the indentations get, the warranty will never cover a replacement because they aren't visible. When you press on the cover, you can feel the indentations, but they are not visible otherwise. We are stuck with it until we can afford a replacement, which will NOT be a Puffy. Bottom line: It feels like you're sleeping on a cloud at first, but it doesn't last. I do not recommend this mattress, unless you're willing to replace it at full price every year or so.

Original review: July 21, 2021

We ordered $6500 worth of beds/mattresses on June 7, 2021. Three of the four items ordered were delivered but not within the 3-5 business days as advertised. This late delivery cost us over $1000 in hotel bills since we had just moved and had no beds to sleep in. (We received a few complimentary pillows, etc. for our troubles and to compensate us for the hotel stay.)

But wait. It gets worse. As of today, July 21, our order is incomplete because one of the three mattresses ordered has still not arrived....and no one can tell us where it is or when, if ever, the remaining mattress will arrive. (Obviously we have now cancelled the order and requested our money back.) For the last six weeks we have repeatedly called and/or emailed various people in customer service (all very polite and courteous but totally unable to help us get the product ordered) and even top management including a Mr. Andreasyan, the CEO. Radio silence.

This company obviously has to management problems which it refuses to recognize. How long can Puffy can remain in business with such complete disregard for a delivery problem and customer problem is anyone's guess. The product we did receive seems like a quality product but anyone who orders any Puffy product is taking a risk that it will come late...or possibly never. Bottom line. Go to Casper (or any other competitor) for as good as product if not better and reliable delivery. Stay clear of Puffy.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Really didn't think our mattress was all that bad until we slept on Puffy cloud. Small hiccup but all handled in very professional and timely manner. Must try and see yourself, lifetime warranty. How could you go wrong!!

Original review: March 30, 2021

I saw really bad reviews for Puffy on returns and I was so nervous when I had to do one. It went so great, that I wrote this review and I usually don’t, but I wanted them to get the credit they deserve. My purchase & return experience with Puffy mattress was excellent. It wasn’t super firm for my preference, so I submitted a return. They had it picked up the next business day. I got an email confirmation from the pickup guys, screenshot the proof, and emailed to Puffy. The refund was processed that day. The money went back to my bank account the day after pickup. They had great communication through email with me the entire time! Great experience and I would do again!

Puffy Company Information