2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.31/5

Save Money. Sleep Happy.™

With more than 3,500 company-operated and franchised stores across 49 states, Mattress Firm has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Founded in 1986, Houston-based Mattress Firm is the nation's leading specialty bedding retailer with over $3.5 billion in pro forma sales in 2015. In September 2016, the company was acquired by Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion, and Mattress Firm now operates as a subsidiary of Steinhoff

The company, through its brands including Mattress Firm, Sleepy's and Sleep Train, offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, bedding accessories and other related products from leading manufacturers, including Serta, Simmons and Hampton & Rhodes.

View More View More

Mattress Firm Reviews

Original review: May 3, 2020

I purchased an adjustable bed from them. I was told that I would have a 10 year warranty on the mattress, bed frame and motor. I was impressed with the 12 month interest free payment plan. This was February 2014. I noticed in December 2017, I had problems with the bed not able to adjust the bed down to an acceptable level. I thought the batteries in the remote were getting weak, so I replaced the batteries and kept trying and eventually the bed adjusted properly. Now, as of today, my bed is stuck in the same position it has been since 2017. The remote doesn’t work, but I hear and feel when the motor randomly activates the massage function. Sometimes it wakes me up. I have called too many times to make a complaint and it just became so frustrating I just gave up.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I ordered bed frames for my sons. They are coming back home. The website promised 3 to 5 day delivery. My frames were supposed to be delivered the 26th. Tried to contact and of course they blame covid. I work every day in Covid rooms with covid patients so don't tell me about covid difficulties. The phone is useless. It loops and tells you to email customer service. Customer service takes 3 days to respond and it links a survey on what you need. I've notified paypal to refund my money since it is unlikely after reading the other reviews I would get Mattress firm to refund it.

Original review: May 2, 2020

The mattress that I have is well and it has lasted a while and I am glad for it and they seem to work for me and they are comfortable to lay on and it has been well so far. They seem to know what to do when you want to find the right mattress for you all.

Original review: May 2, 2020

A specified Manager & correlated with the overall Owner had presented false information to me related with approximately $300 more if including expending a Mattress from its regular mattress size (60x80) to a Waterbed size (60x84) size instead. So I unfortunately felt for buying that immediately, but communicating with another sales employee when the manager was not there, And he individually told me that this size & costs would not including any additional amounts in what I have heard of previously. That FULLY is disrespectful, and that Manager correlated with this company should clearly change their employment plans.

Original review: May 1, 2020

The salesperson was attentive to both my needs (financing) and wants (soft but not too soft). My own financing was rejected, but the salesperson encouraged me to ask someone for help; I did and eventually settled on a mattress that I am still glad to have after three years!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mattress Firm?

Original review: May 1, 2020

I will NEVER go back to Mattress Firm and I'd advise everyone the same. I went in with a warranty claim on a bed that was visibly lumpy after just days. It looked like the foothills of the Alps! I had the bed checked and filed the claim then was given a store credit. As I shopped over the next few days the salesperson was arrogant and loudly criticized me for coming back to test a bed 3 times. When I decided which I wanted he would not sell it to me because it was on sale and if I paid with my store credit he will not make enough commission!!!! He was the only salesperson in the store so I tried to call the manager who at the time was in another store. I left a message for him but did not get called back. I left the store and will never go back to Mattress Firm again. They are very overpriced as well! This happened in the Boonton, NJ store and the manager was in East Hanover, NJ.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I ordered a mattress through Mattress Firm website! I was quoted 3 to 5 day arrival via FedEx. I agreed and I cancelled a mattress from another company that was going to take longer. So I wait, after 7 days of not receiving any tracking info and my order status showing as shipping TBD to be determined, I tried calling the 800#. This number never answers, it's looped to just give you canned answers, tells you to email them and then disconnects you! So I emailed, a total of 4 times over the course of another 5 or 6 days and never received a response. I tried to get back on chat on website several times and as soon as you start to explain about a problem they give you the email address and disconnect the chat! Their excuse, they are overwhelmed with Covid 19. But they have a special team dedicated to handling concerns and inquiries.

I had signed up for a mattress firm credit card. I called and cancelled it, I have yet to receive a response from my emails. I can't cancel my order because no one will respond. They will gladly take your money and sell you something though, sales lines are fully open! So I found the link to review, after submitting my review I received an email saying that it would be reviewed to see if it met their standards. Well guess what, they rejected my review. So it's been almost 2 weeks since I've ordered and I have no ship date and no response and no way to cancel. This company is a bunch of moronic losers! Funny how they can take time to review my review and email me twice regarding it but they refuse to email me or call regarding my order that was promised to arrive in 3 to 5 days. Never Never again will I trust this company.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Was pleased with product salespeople, delivery time, delivery people, I will only shop mattresses from here for now on. We shopped around a lot before deciding where to purchase from and chose Mattress Firm for their attention and knowledge when we walked in the door.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I purchased my mattress from Mattress Firm 18 months ago. They did not have the right part to attach the base to my headboard. They tried 3 different brackets and none of them worked. Finally my husband got fed up and told them, "Enough." They said a different base was modified from this design but was more expensive. We were not going to spend more money so we just have the headboard squished against the wall. The salesman was the manager of the Redlands store and said there was nothing else that could be done. He tried to check all of the warehouses for the bracket but was unsuccessful. If I remember correctly he did refund us a couple of hundred dollars but I would rather have had the headboard attached to the base.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I was able to get this bed with a grant and they were willing to accept payment from them. They also were willing to wait for me to move before I had it delivered. I've had one problem with the motor but they referred me to get help.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I do not like the fact they do not have enough of on the phone customer service. I would like to be able to personally be able to talk to a live person to be able to ask questions and be able to personally be able to have some customer contact and I am very disappointed not to be able to do. This is not good. Everyone can not use a computer and none of this at your company is took into consideration.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I ended up having to buy a cheaper mattress because I feel like they did a bait and switch. You go in thinking that you are getting one item and when you see it, its quality is low. It would be easier if they also had more financing options.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I walked in with a rough idea of what I'd end up with but ended up with what I WANTED! I was amazed the sales representative knew I really wanted the mattress in the other aisle! Of course, it may have been she caught me side-eyeing my "dream mattress" lol. She walked over to her desk, making sure to walk by my WANT. When I realized, by catching a glimpse of the sales tag, I could afford it was a moment unlike any purchase before! I had my dream mattress delivered 1 day later at no charge.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Worst service ever. Only received part of my order. Misleading information on the website. Delivery time says 3 to 5 days. Delivery time should say undetermined still have not received the rest of my order. The site says email but they don't respond to your email. Called sales to see if they would answer they answered in 2 minutes. The rep was very rude. They took my money right away but still haven't completed my order. The worst mistake I ever made. They don't care after they get your money. I have not received an update about when I will receive the rest of my order. It's been over a 7 days and still no response to my email. So basically they took my money sent half my order and I can't find out about the rest of my order. I don't know if it is coming, if it shipped, if it's not in stock nothing and the company won't respond to my email. I would have given a zero rating but it is not listed.

Original review: April 27, 2020

They were very helpful. First, they found me financing even though my credit was poor. Secondly it was quick. Took about 30 minutes. I had my mattress the next day. I would absolutely use them again.

Original review: April 27, 2020

The salesperson was good. The price was good. The mattress was comfortable. The delivery service sucked. A free elevated base came with the mattress. It was missing a part. The delivery people never returned to fix it. That particular store closed a couple of days later. Never got help from customer service and am stuck with a base that doesn't work.

Original review: April 26, 2020

On February 17, 2020 I had a delivery from Mattress Firm at Freemansburg Ave, Easton Pa. I don't have a problem with the business at this time but with the delivery service called Red Carpet Delivery. The men were flipping the mattress over when they hit my lamp and busted it. They said I needed to file a claim which I did. A month went by and no response so I called Thomas **, he was the sales guy. He told me to call the delivery service and report my problem which I did the second time. It's now April 26, 2020 and no response but an email stating that they received my claim. They have a photo of the lamp lying on the floor busted and yet they drag their feet.

Original review: April 26, 2020

This was probably one of the easiest and most convenient purchases we have made. Courteous and friendly employees and very timely. I will definitely recommend to all of my family and friends. Our bed is very comfortable.

Original review: April 26, 2020

The customer service representative did an outstanding job explaining the different types of mattress. He was cordial, friendly, polite and definitely knew his job. I tried out different mattress to check for firmness. When I purchased my adjustable bed the head of the bed was free with purchase. But I decided to get the head and foot adjustable bed. I am enjoying my adjustable bed. It helps me because I have sleep apnea.

Original review: April 25, 2020

The customer service and delivery was great. However, despite the fact we bought a very expensive mattress hoping that we would not have back pain issues anymore, we got disappointed. Few months later we realized that it didn’t worth the price we have paid for a better mattress.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Salesperson was very helpful in selecting mattress and scheduling delivery. Was in a hurry to get and the firm mattress was out of stock so they sent me the regular and agreed to swap at no charge if I wanted. Turned out the regular. Was great and didn't need to exchange. Very happy with way it was handled.

Original review: April 23, 2020

They answered all the questions we had, they also showed us the best options for what we were looking for. Did not try to make us spend more than our budget. I will definitely be a return customer. We purchased our bed in 2018.

Original review: April 23, 2020

It’s crazy that buying a mattress is so similar to buying a car. Usually good about not getting scammed and buying the extras that I know I don’t need. I do enjoy my mattress very much, don’t get me wrong, but I feel as though I was pressured to get it the day I went into look because sales “that good never happen”. Of course the same sale lasted about a month and happened again shortly after. Oh well, you live and learn.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I bought a very expensive bed from Mattress Firm. I thought it would be great for my husband and I. Both getting a little older and thought what we needed was and new mattress. We stopped by Mattress firm and the customer service was great. We went back 3 different times to make sure the mattress is what we wanted. We laid on this mattress forever every time we went into the store. It was a little firmer than we usually buy but we liked it. Finally we decided to buy the bed. We had to wait 2 weeks for it to be delivered. I was excited. The day we got the bed the guys that delivered the bed and put it together were great. I couldn't have ask for better. My husband works out of town so I was excited for him to sleep on the bed too. Well that first night I just thought I didn't like it because it was new and I was not use to it. Well 2 months later neither one of us like it at all. It is way too hard (unlike the one in the store) feels like you are sleeping on the floor.

We got the adjustable bed and we did ask if it was hard to sleep together on this split bed. We were told that it was not much different than a regular mattress. Well I have been married 35 yrs and unless he is out of town he has to touch me when he sleeps. Well, he has not slept near me in months because if feels like you are going to fall in a hole if you get close to each other. Well let me finish this story. I made a comment on some sit that it was the worst investment we have ever done. I was contacted by someone that stated they were sorry I was unhappy and that one of their customer service reps would be getting in touch with me. I emailed back and forth with someone and they told me that a rep from the store I bought the mattress would be getting in touch with me. Well that was over a month ago.

I went to look at my contract and I am NOW out of date that it can be returned. So I guess I am stuck with this piece of CRAP. I paid over $6000.00 for something that my husband is going to burn. Now not only am I losing that money we have to buy a cheap bed now. Well, maybe the cheap one will sleep better than this one that I paid so much for. Hell, the one I had before this one was better to sleep on this one. I knew I was screwed the second night I slept on this bed. DO NOT BUY A MATTRESS THIS EXPENSIVE OR FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY DON'T CALL YOU BACK. JUST MY LUCK....

Original review: April 22, 2020

I purchased a king-size Simmons Beautyrest Luxury Firm Hybrid Mattress from Mattress Firm on 7/29/16. The mattress carried a 10-year non-prorated warranty. Within a 1-1/2 years, I noticed slight indentations where we sleep. The mattress was rotated 90 degrees about every month. After 2-years, the indentations have increased to over an inch. When applying a 8 lb. weight to the indentation area, the mattress sinks 2" (see picture). If I push down on the indentation area, the mattress easily sinks over 4" whereas the areas under the head and foot of mattress only sink less than 1". Imagine what this does to your back if you are a side or stomach sleeper! It should be noted this mattress was used on a new adjustable base - therefore it had good support.

After constantly waking up with an extremely sore back and without restful sleep, I submitted a warranty claim to Mattress Firm and was told the warranty does not cover this claim. I appealed their answer only to be told it was denied again since the indentation must exceed 1-1/2" without any weight it. Lesson learned: Save your money - do not buy a Simmons Beautyrest mattress from Mattress Firm as they don't stand behind the products they sell.
    Simmons Beautyrest mattress = junk.

Mattress firm = poor customer service.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Incredibly slow shipping times and a complete lack of communication. I understand that things are slower during these times, but website shows 3-5 day delivery. This is clearly not the case right now and should not be advertised as such, it is very misleading. After ordering a mattress customer service is only available via email, which has very long response times. Yet if I start a chat and select that I want to buy a new mattress I'm connected to a person quickly. All that tells me is once the sale is complete I am no longer a priority. Because of this mistreatment as a customer I will not be shopping at Mattress Firm again. I ordered Monday April 13th with a quote for delivery April 17-19, I still have not received the mattress or frame.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Our salesperson was fantastic. Not so much the company. Warranty situation. 10 yr only lasted 3+. Only able to purchase full price with sale price credit. Had to downgrade quality to avoid years more of payment. They should offer equal quality mattress in exchange.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Moral of the story: Brick and mortar mattress stores are becoming obsolete and charge a hefty markup. Do your research and purchase a quality mattress online. It will save you time and money and online sellers are much more flexible with returns. I have no issues with Mattress firm employees. Their policies are what created the headaches.

This was my wife and my first time buying a mattress. We thought that going to a brick and mortar store to test out the mattresses ourselves would be our best bet. Unfortunately, we got tangled up with all the nonsense that is embedded in the traditional mattress buying process. We started at Mattress Firm and were shown the Beautyrest hybrid which we liked. The sales manager, Craig, gave us what he said was a "good deal", but we would have to pay and sign for it that day as he "may not be in the same store tomorrow" (he turned out to be in the same store for weeks to come). I found out later that day that the price he gave us for the mattress was the exact same price as their website.

We had the option of canceling the order at no cost anytime before the delivery one week out. We ended up signing the papers with the intent on shopping around some more. We then went to Ashley Homestore and found a Sterns and Fosters mattress that we liked even better. I called Craig in the store and he said that he would beat their quoted price for the same mattress. We went back to Mattress Firm to find that they did not carry the same Sterns and Fosters model. I found out manufacturers sell the same mattress to different sellers just with different names to confuse buyers even more. Craig then had us try out a few comparable mattresses and we then settled on a Serta iSeries 300 hybrid (plush). We also were purchasing an adjustable frame as my wife has sleep apnea, so having the adjustable frame improves sleep quality. Craig threw in free setup of the adjustable frame and a purple pillow, so kudos to him on that.

The mattress arrived a week later and they set it up no problems. After they left, I discovered that a few of the button tufts were unseamed (see photos). I called Craig to notify him of this issue and possibly get a credit on the account as I was delivered a mattress with a defect. He said that the tufting was not something that was under warranty and that he would have to contact his manager in order to see what he could do. After several calls throughout the week there was no traction made. Sleeping on the mattress was comfy for the first couple of nights, but after the mattress broke in we began to have some reoccurring back pain.

After doing some research, having a firmer mattress is better for back support, especially with an adjustable frame. Why would we be sold a plush mattress when they were aware it was going to be on an adjustable frame and my wife had complained of back pain issues? Clearly we were not given the proper insight into this before making the purchase. After doing some more research on alternative mattresses, I stumbled upon the Avocado Green mattress. It had the highest Consumer Reports rating this past year and had very high scores for back sleepers. I also found out that the price of the Avocado was less than what we paid for the Serta.

I called Craig yet again to figure out our options for returning the mattress. He informed us that we could not return the mattress until 21 days after we received the mattress. He also said there would be a 20% restocking fee for the return and that we would have to pay back the discount he gave us on the adjustable frame in order to return it. I told him this was unacceptable and that I would be willing to pay a 10% restocking fee and not pay the difference on the adjustable frame (we ended up getting this). We ordered the Avocado mattress and were very well informed of our options by their customer support team. We've been sleeping on the Avocado for a couple of weeks and could not be happier. I wouldn't recommend anyone go through Mattress Firm to purchase a mattress. Their prices are far too marked up and there are plenty of great mattresses available online at a lower price.

Original review: March 5, 2020

April 2017 we went and invested in a new mattress. We hadn’t had one in years and decided to get one so we went to Mattress Firm in Broomfield, CO., which now that location is closed. Now in February 2020, just short of 2 yrs, we contacted Mattress Firm warranty dept online and followed all the instructions because we started to experiencing manor sagging on one side of the mattress (manufacture defect). Today we get an email back stating the limited warranty will not cover the mattress due to the stains on the bed. Minor stains and nowhere near where the sagging is taking place so they couldn’t use that as an excuse.

Do not go to Mattress Firm to buy your mattress as we paid over $2000 for this mattress less than 3 yrs ago. Also, Beautyrest mattress is not worth your hard earned money. Do your research in the mattress, product and company because as you can tell this mattress does not even meet the seven year standard to switch out your mattress. What a rip off.

Original review: March 3, 2020

We bought our mattress set at a home show last February. We still have NEVER received our full order. Delivery for the bed was a nightmare and took weeks to get. Then we never even received a bill for 6 months thinking maybe because our order wasn’t complete. We have our original invoice with all the things we had ordered, bed, base, pillows, sheets. We called several times to get the rest of our order and they never returned calls or even tried to reach out. Of course until then realized we had not paid for anything yet. Then they sent us our bill which didn’t match the original invoice at all.

Even after calling to get it straighten out and complete our order they said there is nothing we can do. So all in all they make up invoices, have a hard time delivering to your house, and refuse to help even when you have your original invoice in your hand. So a year later, we still haven’t received our full order, had to pay for the invoice they made up, and they still have never tried to correct anything. I would not recommend this company at all. If I could get negative stars I would. I hope this review reaches someone of power so they can see how terrible they treat people.

Mattress Firm Company Information