2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.50/5

Need a good mattress?

DreamCloud specializes in luxury hybrid mattresses combining memory foam with spring coils that are designed for comfort to provide a fully supported night’s sleep. Mattresses start at $899.

DreamCloud sells luxury hybrid mattresses with eight individual layers designed for your comfort and delivered to your front door. Mattresses combine memory foam with spring coils to provide a fully supported night’s sleep. In addition to their signature mattress, DreamCloud sells a selection of bed frames including simple metal platform frames, adjustable frames and metal slat frames that come with an attached headboard.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

DreamCloud offers high-quality hybrid mattresses that support all sleep positions. Mattresses are designed for support, cool sleep and are environmentally friendly.

PROS

• Long in-home trial period
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Hybrid construction suits many sleepers
    • CertiPUR-US Certified

CONS

• Can’t select firmness level

Need a good mattress?

DreamCloud mattress construction and materials

The DreamCloud mattress is 15” tall and constructed with eight individual layers including four layers of memory foam, including gel-infused memory foam, pocketed mico coils, natural latex and a cashmere polyester blend cover and euro top design. DreamCloud mattresses are CertPUR-US certified, so they are environmentally friendly.

dreamcloud mattress materials

DreamCloud mattress comfort

Each layer in the DreamCloud mattress is designed to increase support, breathability and comfort. The super dense memory foam and encased coils used by DreamCloud increases the support of the mattress. DreamCloud mattresses provide more bounce than typical memory foam-only mattresses and are designed to contour to your body for support throughout the night, regardless of your preferred sleep position.

• Firmness: DreamCloud classifies their mattress as “luxury firm,” ranking a 6.5 on the 10 point firmness scale.
        • Sleeping position: DreamCloud mattresses should be a good fit for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Because it’s on the firmer side, side sleepers may need to spend some time breaking the mattress in.
        • Motion transfer: DreamCloud does not specifically address motion transfer in its promotion of the mattress, but because the mattress is made with high-density foam, motion transfer should be limited.
        • Edge support: We saw mixed reviews when it came to edge support. DreamCloud may suffer slightly from weaker edge support, so there may be some roll-off as a result of its softer perimeter. However, hybrid mattresses typically provide enhanced edge support compared to foam-only mattresses.
        • Sleeping hot: DreamCloud addresses sleep temperature through the gel-infused memory foam layer. The gel will help most sleepers sleep cool.
        dreamcloud mattress

DreamCloud mattress prices

The average DreamCloud mattress cost is $1299 for a queen. Use the chart below to compare prices of all mattress sizes. Financing is available, as well as add-ons like sheets and weighted blankets.

Mattress sizeCost
        Twin XL$899
        Full$1099
        Queen$1299
        King$1399
        California King$1399

DreamCloud FAQ

Where can I buy a DreamCloud mattress?

DreamCloud mattresses are available exclusively online via the brand’s website.

Is DreamCloud good for side sleepers?

DreamCloud mattresses are marketed as “luxury firm” mattresses, meaning while they should still feel plush, the base provides a firmer level of support. Often, side sleepers prefer softer mattresses. Because of this, DreamCloud might not be ideal for all side sleepers. However, some may find that after giving the mattress some time to “break in,” it provides enough give to satisfy side sleepers.

Do you need a box spring with a DreamCloud mattress?

No. You do not need a box spring with a DreamCloud mattress. A DreamCloud mattress can rest on any flat service, and the company sells platform bed frames on their website.

Is DreamCloud a good mattress?

If you’re looking for a high-quality hybrid mattress, DreamCloud is a brand worth considering. With a mix of so many layer types, foam, gel, latex and coils, a DreamCloud mattress should support most sleepers. DreamCloud’s in-home trial period of 365 days is one of the longest in the industry and lowers any risk associated with buying a mattress online. If you aren’t satisfied, you can return the mattress for free. We like the CertiPUR-US certification given to DreamCloud’s foam layers, which is a certification given to less than 1% of the mattresses on the market.

DreamCloud Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Adjustable frame delivered damaged, was almost impossible to contact anyone from DreamCloud, countless times on hold, they would not answer my emails. then 3 different reps told me 3 different procedures for returning the frame. I took pictures and did everything they told me to do. Was told I had to dispose of the frame and show proof it was disposed of. Finally got ahold of another rep who is arranging a pick up, hopefully this will happen and I get my credit. Very frustrating company to work with.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Ordered 2 mattresses. One never came, got credit for that one. Then there one smelled like it had been saturated with pesticides - not your typical gas-off. As instructed donated it. (After 3 weeks in my garage it still stunk the whole place up). It's been 4 months and STILL NO CREDIT for the one I donated, despite an email stating I would get it. If you do business, you WILL regret it!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

The DreamCloud hybrid mattress is advertised as perfect for back and side sleepers. I am a back sleeper. After sleeping on this mattress for more than a month, I wake up every morning with a painful lower backache. The firmness is woefully inadequate. The DreamCloud by Resident company has not lived up to their claim of "If you’re not 100% satisfied, get a full refund." Since no one answers the phone, I initiated a return request seven days ago via the email address provided on the website.

I've made several follow-up attempts including multiple emails and at least a dozen telephone contact attempts. No one of DreamCloud has contacted me! You will NOT get a person if you try calling the returns number (833.237.3269). You will be on hold forever, and if you select the return call option, no one from DreamCloud will call you back. This company is not honest and be very wary of all the fake reviews on their website. Do not purchase a mattress from DreamCloud by Resident!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

After not even two months of sleeping on the DreamCloud mattress, the middle of the mattress starting having a deep indent. I have slept there alone and am of average weight and height. Getting help has been a nightmare. It's been two weeks and I have to continually follow up with them. The only reason for all their great reviews is because they ask for those within a month of purchasing it. At first it was great and I gave it a 5 star. But their customer service stinks.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

DreamCloud's customer service is fantastic, and they do stand by their 365 night guarantee. I purchased a mattress from DreamCloud about 9 months ago, and sadly I discovered I needed a more firm mattress for my back. I purchased a new mattress and placed the DreamCloud one in my guestroom temporarily. I immediately came to this website to read the reviews about their refund policy, and to my dismay read customers bad experiences. I reached out to DreamCloud via phone, selected the callback feature and received a call in about 20 minutes from one of their management team members Kara. I was floored by the options she offered me to keep me as a customer.

First they offered a topper for the mattress at no cost. Then offered me an exchange for a different mattress from one of their sister companies which I would've gladly accepted had I not bought a new mattress already. At this point she walked me through the company's process and policy, and processed my refund which should take about 7 business days. It's not a difficult process to take advantage of their guarantee, and the care she took with me over the phone was top notch. I'm moving into a new home in a couple of months and will need to buy another mattress for a small guest room; you guessed it. I'm going to purchase one from one of their sister companies because of their customer service, how they stand by their products, and their follow through with their guarantees. I do take reviews with a grain of salt, but I can attest this company is more than ok to do business with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DreamCloud?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We ordered our bed and the confirmation email said it would arrive in 5 days - it actually took three weeks!! I emailed the company twice in those three weeks thinking there was an issue with my order, only to receive an email a full week after my mattress had arrived stating "We aren't sure what the issue is -it appears your mattress has been delivered". Seriously? Then we requested a return two months into the one year trial. First they needed pictures, then they needed a picture at a better angle, then they offered me discounts on their other mattresses if I didn't return this one - all of these were 2-3 day gaps in communication after I responded immediately.

I'm now 2 weeks into trying to get this mattress returned and the email I got today was "We'd be happy to take care of your return, please just sign the attached form and we'll issue a refund to your original payment method". The form was for a $250 credit and stated that I would void the trial and would own the mattress. If I hadn't read it carefully I would have been scammed out of the return!! I've never seen service like this. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I tried to file my return in the 365+30 day window however they denied my return since I ordered before Feb of this year (before they added the 30-day window). This offer is front and center on their website with no clear caveats. I would have returned earlier if I did not think I had more time. This practice is dishonest and wanted to flag for other customers.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I bought a king size mattress and platform bed frame. The frame only lasted a couple months. Every weld on the center support rail snapped at the weld. I contacted DreamCloud 2 times in the last 9 days and still have not received any response. Needless to say their customer service is garbage. The mattress is ok.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I purchased the original DreamCloud in June of 2018 and I absolutely loved it. In September, I contacted DreamCloud regarding a warranty issue (sagging) and was offered a replacement because the mattress was under warranty. The website still touts the true tufted cashmere top and this was one of my determining factors when making my final decision in 2018.

I received my replacement mattress and it is nowhere near the quality or comfort of my original mattress. The top is not cashmere and is not tufted. Also, they removed the base layer foam as well as the side bolster foam which makes the mattress flimsy and very cheap feeling. Most importantly, the comfort level has gone down significantly.

I have demanded my money back and have been told no because I am outside the 365 day trial. All I want is my replacement mattress to be of the same quality and comfort as the one I originally purchased. This company is a joke and their mattresses are terrible. I am seeking legal counsel and will be seeking compensation well above the original purchase price now due to deceptive advertising and the absurd amount of personal time spent trying to remedy this situation. Do NOT buy a mattress from this company. This is a clear cut scam.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I ordered a king size DreamCloud mattress 2 weeks ago and it was recently delivered. We set it up in our platform frame and immediately noticed the different top. The top actually looked flat and the material on top was loose and not tightly fitted like it is in the photos on their website. Once it was fully inflated, it measured at only 14.5 inches and not 15 inches. I am extremely disappointed as it turns out that they have drastically changed their mattress without any notification of the changes (as the previous reviewer noted).

I called them today and was told that they changed the top to remove the tufting and buttons AND removed the natural latex layer that they advertise on their website. So the mattress is not at all what they advertise on their website, nor is the same mattress that all of these various reviewers are showing in their YouTube reviews. I am so very disappointed because a big part of the reason I ordered the mattress was due to the comfy Euro topper that they have completely removed. This is false advertising and a terrible way to do business. And like the previous reviewer said, this looks like a way to save money. Additionally, the mattress feels very soft and more like a memory foam mattress. It is not at all firm and that could be due to the removal of the latex layer and the puffy Euro topper. So disappointed in this mattress and this company.

Not sure about DreamCloud?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mattress for you.

DreamCloud Company Information