Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.6/5 (80 ratings)

About DreamCloud

DreamCloud specializes in luxury hybrid mattresses. Its mattresses have eight layers of memory foam and dense coils for comfort and support. The gel in the memory foam layer helps sleepers stay cool. Mattresses start at $899 for a twin XL and $1,399 for a California king. DreamCloud’s mattresses work with all sleeping positions.

Pros

• Long in-home trial period
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Hybrid construction suits many sleepers
  • CertiPUR-US Certified

Cons

• Can’t select firmness level

Bottom Line

DreamCloud offers high-quality hybrid mattresses that support all sleep positions. Mattresses are designed for support, cool sleep and are environmentally friendly.

DreamCloud mattresses and products

DreamCloud mattress construction and materials

The DreamCloud mattress is 15” tall and constructed with eight individual layers including four layers of memory foam, including gel-infused memory foam, pocketed mico coils, natural latex and a cashmere polyester blend cover and euro top design. DreamCloud mattresses are CertPUR-US certified, so they are environmentally friendly.

dreamcloud mattress materials

DreamCloud mattress comfort

Each layer in the DreamCloud mattress is designed to increase support, breathability and comfort. The super dense memory foam and encased coils used by DreamCloud increases the support of the mattress. DreamCloud mattresses provide more bounce than typical memory foam-only mattresses and are designed to contour to your body for support throughout the night, regardless of your preferred sleep position.

• Firmness: DreamCloud classifies their mattress as “luxury firm,” ranking a 6.5 on the 10 point firmness scale.
  • Sleeping position: DreamCloud mattresses should be a good fit for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Because it’s on the firmer side, side sleepers may need to spend some time breaking the mattress in.
  • Motion transfer: DreamCloud does not specifically address motion transfer in its promotion of the mattress, but because the mattress is made with high-density foam, motion transfer should be limited.
  • Edge support: We saw mixed reviews when it came to edge support. DreamCloud may suffer slightly from weaker edge support, so there may be some roll-off as a result of its softer perimeter. However, hybrid mattresses typically provide enhanced edge support compared to foam-only mattresses.
  • Sleeping hot: DreamCloud addresses sleep temperature through the gel-infused memory foam layer. The gel will help most sleepers sleep cool.
dreamcloud mattress

DreamCloud mattress prices

The average DreamCloud mattress cost is $1299 for a queen. Use the chart below to compare prices of all mattress sizes. Financing is available, as well as add-ons like sheets and weighted blankets.

Mattress sizeCost
Twin XL$899
Full$1099
Queen$1299
King$1399
California King$1399

DreamCloud FAQ

Where can I buy a DreamCloud mattress?

DreamCloud mattresses are available exclusively online via the brand’s website.

Is DreamCloud good for side sleepers?

DreamCloud mattresses are marketed as “luxury firm” mattresses, meaning while they should still feel plush, the base provides a firmer level of support. Often, side sleepers prefer softer mattresses. Because of this, DreamCloud might not be ideal for all side sleepers. However, some may find that after giving the mattress some time to “break in,” it provides enough give to satisfy side sleepers.

Do you need a box spring with a DreamCloud mattress?

No. You do not need a box spring with a DreamCloud mattress. A DreamCloud mattress can rest on any flat service, and the company sells platform bed frames on their website.

Is DreamCloud a good mattress?

If you’re looking for a high-quality hybrid mattress, DreamCloud is a brand worth considering. With a mix of so many layer types, foam, gel, latex and coils, a DreamCloud mattress should support most sleepers. DreamCloud’s in-home trial period of 365 days is one of the longest in the industry and lowers any risk associated with buying a mattress online. If you aren’t satisfied, you can return the mattress for free. We like the CertiPUR-US certification given to DreamCloud’s foam layers, which is a certification given to less than 1% of the mattresses on the market.

DreamCloud Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DreamCloud?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DreamCloud?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I bought two mattresses, One a Full, one a Queen. Before the 365 day trial, both were sagging in the middle and the full on side and middle. Trying to get Dreamcloud to honor their warranty has been a joke. They are doing everything they can to jerk me around with what to do with the mattresses they can so they don't have to honor. First they told me something called Sharetown would be picking them up. Well, Sharetown messages me and says they have no one in my area to pick up, so I can donate to charity and have them fill out a bunch of paperwork, or donate to a citizen not family or friend, or put on curb for trash. Well then Dreamcloud emails me and says must donate to charity. So ok, totally confused now. Called many charities and they do not accept used mattresses. So I guess they will continue to jerk me around until the date has passed to give me a refund!!!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I wish I would of searched the BBB and Consumer Affairs before buying the Dream Cloud Hybrid mattress. I read all the reviews on the website and google lead me down a hole of probably sponsored sites that had amazing reviews. I thought with the trial and 365 night guarantee I would have the perfect mattress, and did not mind the high price. When we received the box it was all ripped and torn, and extremely heavy to lift. The mattress was opened and it did not expand, I was told to wait 72 hours. The mattress was like being at a trampoline park it was extremely bouncy and when one of us moved we both bounced. (I can agree with another review that stated it was like a kid's bounce house).

The sides never did expand and the advertised 15 inches was barely 10 inches with sagging outpouching sides. You could not lay any wear close to the sides without rolling off. No, I did not want a replacement, I went with a good old Serta for half the price and a 100% better bed. Also the company did not come and get the mattress I had to removed it and dispose of it myself, and show proof before I got a refund. P.S. the sheets are not luxurious they give you paper cuts. Shipping was fast though.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I spent a lot of time researching mattresses before deciding on the DreamCloud Premier Rest. It had the best reviews, warranty, extras, and trial-in-home period. We were very excited for this mattress, thinking we’d never need another one again. Two nights so far sleeping on this mattress. I hated it the first night and I hated it the second night. Apparently, we have to sleep on it for another 28 nights to even initiate a return.

The best way to explain what it feels like is this: it’s like sleeping in a kid's bounce house. Every time my partner moves, I get “bounced around”. I can’t sleep too close to the edge or I will roll right off of it. I am also a stomach sleeper, but this mattress causes my lower back to “bow” when I’m in this position. I must be on my back to have any level of comfort on this mattress. It’s like a very expensive air mattress. It’s definitely not cloud-like, or even “plush”. It’s weird is what it is and once I can send it back and get a refund, I’m going down to the local mattress storing and buying a good ol’ Serta or Beautyrest.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I will start positive. Wonderful bed for a single person. Terrible for two..you will roll in towards each other. Not a big deal. However, returning a bed you can't sleep on is impossible with this company. Yes, it seems silly to complain about a 30 day return policy, but we can't sleep in the uncomfortable bed and at $1,500 we don't have the money to replace. Not happy with the service one bit.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

My husband and I purchased a DreamCloud mattress after researching hybrid memory foam/coil mattresses online. DreamCloud was one of the top rated mattresses of this style which is why we selected it, along with their 365-day trial and guaranteed returns. Unfortunately we were disappointed to find the mattress was much firmer than expected from the descriptions on DreamCloud's website. We also purchased the bed frame base, which was described online as being fabric-sewn panels attached to a metal frame. The bed frame base we actually received was a total knock-off and not at all as depicted online. It was a metal frame with a stretchable cover over it - COMPLETELY FALSE ADVERTISING!

When we contacted the company to initiate a return, the company ignored our concerns because of their apparent 30-day MANDATORY trial policy (*verbiage on the website is that the 30 days are "encouraged") during which no returns are accepted, even though the verbiage on their website states that returns are "guaranteed" at any time during the 365-trial period, which begins upon mattress delivery (*info about the 30-day trial period is buried further down on the page). We spoke with four different company representatives to no avail. Well, they did offer to take back the bed frame base but not the mattress until after 30 days. No one offered an explanation or apology for the false advertising with the bed frame base.

Now we are stuck with a mattress we can't sleep on (causes extreme back pain & lack of sleep for us) until the 30 day period is ended. I can only hope at that point that we will actually get our full refund as promised, since my confidence in DreamCloud is entirely gone at this point. This was our first experience with both this company and with purchasing a mattress online - as a result, DreamCloud (and the parent company) has lost our business!

Original review: July 29, 2021

I spent a lot of time researching mattresses, the DreamCloud kept popping up in national reviews. After several days of reading reviews, I decided to purchase the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress. This mattress is everything I had hoped for, quality material and workmanship, very good value for the money as compared to other mattresses, and - it arrived exactly two weeks after I ordered it. After a month of sleeping on it, I have no regrets, this has been a great purchase.

Original review: July 8, 2021

My Dreamcloud mattress was delivered on May 22, 2021. The packing was a disaster! The box was ripped and taped and re-taped and re-taped. However, the plastic covering was intact. As soon as we removed the plastic covering and the mattress inflated, we noticed an extremely bad off-gassing. We, promptly, moved the mattress to the garage and placed it on wooden slats.

One week goes by, two weeks go by, 3 weeks, 4 weeks... I, finally, called Dreamcloud and was prepared to request a refund. However, I was offered a $250.00 discount if I kept the mattress and signed a disclaimer (giving up my 30 day trial period). Okay, I was in agreement. HOWEVER, it is now (approximately) 6 weeks, since delivery, and the mattress is still off-gassing. The off-gassing is SLOWLY dissipating. For the past week we decided to try sleeping on the mattress with the windows, partially, opened and we are using an air purifier. This seems to be working, somewhat. Quite frankly, the mattress is extremely comfortable (hence the 2 star review)! Customer service is amazing, as well. If it weren't for the off-gassing, based on the comfort of the mattress and fantastic customer service, I would have given Dreamcloud mattress a 5 star review.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Dream Cloud is a hybrid mattress which is made up of quality materials. A good rest on dream cloud is the best. Its price is very moderate and every working class can be able to purchase it easily. I have one and I enjoy it with my sweet lady. Dream cloud supports every aspect of sleeping positions, and I feel appreciated when sleeping on the bed. The springs in the dream cloud enable me to sleep very well like a new born baby. I am able to dream sweet dreams when on bed. I will personally advised every household to please try dream cloud. It is a mattress that when you sleep on it, you dream big dreams. Dream cloud is the best.

Original review: May 30, 2021

Please do not buy from. This company everything they promise is false. There is no money back guarantee. It’s a lie. They will force you to keep the bed for 30 days and then you will still not get a refund. They also do not honor free returns. They don’t come get it. They will have every excuse as to why you can’t get your money back. The mattress is very nice but it sags really bad on the sides. You will just slide off if you sit on the bed. I have never seen anything me this. I wish I would have read the reviews here and on Google before I made the worst purchase ever. I don’t know if it’s possible to make a formal Complaint against the company since many of us have had the very same issues.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I placed an order for a mattress on Feb 19, 2021. At the time of my order their site said 7- 10 days to ship. When the 10th day was finally here and I was hoping for an "it shipped email" they changed the date for another week... And when that came and went, they change the date to another week and so on... Here it is, March 30th, 2021 and it still has not shipped. My last status said "Est. Ship Mar 23 - Apr 01", which is in 2 days. I am beyond livid. Their excuse keeps changing from pandemic related to weather related. I am SO frustrated and angry beyond words. This mattress was supposedly "IN STOCK" when I ordered it so they shouldn't have had to "make" it. I want to cancel my order but there are certain features I wanted in this mattress and I can't stomach the thought of having to reorder from another manufacturer. If this keeps up I will end up doing that anyway. Words cannot describe how bitter I am about dealing with this company.

DreamCloud Company Information