2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.87/5

PHH Mortgage has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH offers a wide variety of homeowner assistance and loan options, including options for those purchasing a new home or refinancing.

PHH Mortgage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Resolution response: Aug. 28, 2020

PHH finally resolved this issue. It still was too taxing and frustrating a process as I was constantly getting excuses, but thankfully, I now have my escrow account refund.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

PHH may be good at establishing a mortgage and taking your money, but they are horrible when it comes to their processes when you pay off your mortgage and returning any funds remaining in your escrow account. When paying off your mortgage, they will only accept a cashier’s or certified check. They do not have the ability to direct debit final payoffs. This was very inconvenient, especially during COVID, when your bank is located in a different state, many hours away by car. Once the payment was made, it has now been over a month and a half, and I’m still waiting on the refund of my escrow account funds. I’ve have contacted their customer service number 3 times now, each time receiving a different excuse.

Just an FYI, their customer support center is not even located in the US. Supposedly, my refund was mailed, using regular US mail, not certified or tracked in any fashion, approximately 1 month ago as of this review. To date, I have not yet received this check. I first contacted PHH about this at the end of July and was told when it was mailed (at that time, it supposedly had been mailed about 7 days prior. I was told to wait a few more days since there were problems with the US mail taking longer.

I waited the requested amount of time and contacted them again at the beginning of August. At that time, I asked if it was possible for the to just direct deposit the refund in to my bank account, the very same account from which they were able to direct debit my mortgage payments, and was told this was not possible! They would have to stop payment on the check they “mailed”, after first verifying that it was not cashed, and then mail me a new check. This would take 5 business days. I requested that the new check be sent by some sort of overnight service, or at a minimum by certified mail, so that it could be tracked and delivery verified. I was told that the request would be entered, but there were no guarantees that it would be honored.

I waited another 2 weeks and reached out again for a 3rd time. I was initially asked to wait a few more days, but asked to speak with a manager. It was through the manager that I found out that my request to re-issue the check, 2 weeks ago, was never processed due to “missing information.” No one bothered to contact me in these past 2 weeks to let me know or to get whatever information was missing. While the manager has assured me that she and her team will work directly on my case to expedite the replacement check, she indicated that this could take yet another 10 business days and again, she could not guarantee that it would not be sent to me by regular mail. I’m beginning to think legal action may be the only way to get their attention and for me to get the escrow funds that are rightfully due to me.

PHH Mortgage response

Janet, we value your feedback and sincerely apologize for your experience. We appreciate the chance to improve our service and resolve any issues that our customers may have. I see you were able to speak with one of our escalation relationship manager and asked them to contact you on priority.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Sold my house. Settlement date 8/12/20. Called for a payoff amount 8/4/20. Today is 8/21/20. Still haven't received payoff amount. Spoke to 3 different people & was promised I would have it by the 12th. Don't want to hear any apologies after the post. Want the payoff amount so I can settle. Do not want to hear excuses because of virus. Not acceptable. How long does it take to log into my account & figure the payoff amount. Computers are not that slow. It should take about 10 minutes to figure and email the results to me or settlement company. I'm told that with every inquiry it slows the process down. What process?

PHH Mortgage response

Barbara, we take all feedback seriously, and we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please send us a private message with the customer name, phone number and property address. We will then be able to research this and reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

PHH Mortgage did a great job when our loan was transitioned over from our first Mortgage provider. It was like we got a badly needed fresh start. The most important thing about PHH is they listen to you. If you have a the will to keep your property they will help you find a way.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Joseph. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

All the staff have been very helpful during this pandemic, with just 1 income of less than a 1,000, PHH have made me feel comfortable about sending what I can on my mortgage, until things clear up. And I thank PHH for that. I will make every effort I can to send something toward the mortgage, and thank you PHH for all that you do for all of your customers all over the world!!!!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Diane. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Resolution response: Sept. 28, 2020

I was contacted by a gentleman from the PHH Escalation Department. He was very helpful and provided the best service I have received from PHH to date. I have updated my rating from 1-star to 2-stars for this reason.

Here's the real issue though, why am I not able to reach the Escalation Department directly for my issue? I didn't expect anything when I posted this review and I still stand by what I said. Yes, my issue was resolved...sort of. The mailer that I received from PHH confirming that they had dropped the extra insurance coverage stated this, "We will need new copies of your insurance every year.". Yeah, duh. But guess what? I currently have 3 separate mortgages and I have had at least a half dozen before now. PHH is the only mortgage holder I have ever had that didn't request the insurance directly from the insurance company/broker.

More importantly, when I have contacted my insurance broker about this she has faxed it to them directly and emailed a copy (cc'ing me) so I know they have received it each of the last 2 years and yet here I am on my 2nd round of fighting with their customer service team about it being a mistake on THEIR side. So yes, I have given an extra star because I do feel like the Escalation Department team was legitimately trying to help me. I am still reserving the right to take this back down to a 1-star if I have the same issue in 2021.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

My experience with PHH is much like others have reported here minus the few obvious employee-reviews of 5 stars. If you look at the BBB (Better Business Bureau) site you’ll see that they are not “registered” yet they still received 1 out 5 stars from clients. Think about that for just a second. They are not registered and several customers still bothered to post reviews of this business to warn others about their business practices. That says a lot.

My experience with PHH was one consistent issue after another. I took out a mortgage on a property in July of 2018. That loan was later sold to PHH the following July (2019). Within the first 4 months of the loan change I received no less than 6 letters per month telling me that there were documents missing that I needed to supply. I was dumbfounded at first because I had just assumed if they purchased my loan from another company that they would confirm the transfer of all loan documentation. Nope. That became my problem and I spent hours going back and forth with their customer service and the company that originally held the loan.

Once that was settled I thought we were good to go but the calm only lasted about 45 days. I started receiving more letters but this time it had to do with our insurance. Again, it became my job to supply them with all of that documentation as well. I contacted my insurance agency and they provided everything that they had sent for the loan originator. Again, I thought it was fine, but just like before the calm only lasted 30 days. Then I received letters telling me that my insurance was insufficient because we had changed it from the prior year (we had purchased new insurance that made having a separate H06 policy unnecessary). I spoke to no less than 5 different customer service reps at PHH, all who told me they understood the discrepancy and would “take care of it”.

All the while I was still receiving letters telling me they were going to force me to purchase a new policy to cover the “gap” even though I had explained it to them, my insurance agent had explained it to them, and their own customer service team had notated...we sent them all the documentation they requested in duplicate. That still didn’t stop them from pushing the policy on us. I did finally get a call from someone in a different customer support role (outside of customer service) who did get the policy dropped and the money refunded. The refund took 3 months to receive but at least I did get it back.

Here we are now in year 2 of the loan and I just received a letter telling me that my escrow was being increased 150% from last year. WHAT?! As per usual, I had also received 3 additional letters. In those letters it shows that the reason my escrow is about to skyrocket is that they have AGAIN enforced the same unnecessary policy on my account without my consent. Unbelievable. I’m not a difficult client, I’ve been with other mortgage companies for years without duress. More importantly, I am a small business owner for the last 18 years and I know the difference between miscommunication and a clear business model designed to impose fees, penalties, and the like to extract additional monies from unwitting clients.

I am in the process of refinancing my loan with another provider but I have also contacted our attorney to submit a cease and desist in order to stop the letters and harassment. You can take a chance with PHH if you want but if you wake up one morning and they have purchased your loan... My only advice is to refinance or you could find yourself spending hours on hold to talk to reps who say they will “take care of it” all while receiving more mail from them than you receive in junk mail in a year. This is not personal, this is a business that needs new management and redefined core principles that don’t involve harassing clients into undue payments and penalties.

PHH Mortgage response

Darin, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your information and details regarding the insurance has been forwarded to to one of our escalation management team members for review. Following their review, they will be in contact with you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

The PHH representative that I spoke with was very professional. I had all my questions answered quick and efficiently. I will never hesitate to call PHH when I have a question about my mortgage. They have kept my life organized and easy to manage my mortgage.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Alex. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

OCWEN had our mortgage prior to merging with PHH, we never had an issue at all. Since they have merged it has been an absolute pure nightmare for me and my family. I am a First Responder, and have enough stresses in my life, This company has done nothing but add even more, if I had my choice I would not be using them. We had an arrangement with OCWEN where we paid half of our monthly payment every two weeks and PHH would not allow us to continue to do that, so we had to rearrange all of our other monthly bills to make it work out.

On top of that I get a phone call this week at work on duty to tell me that my payment will be late if not paid by the 15th. To say I was upset is an understatement we are not nor have we been late, your stupid policies are the problem along with the 24 hr. Time to post your payment after its made which in turn makes it late. PURE TRASH. I will be seeking to refinance away from PHH and hope to never have to deal with them again.

PHH Mortgage response

Brian, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

The agent at PHH Morgage was very polite and professional. He helped me resolve my problem. My wait time when I called was quick and when I was put on hold the wait time was short. I would recommend them to others.

PHH Mortgage response

Charlotte, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I contacted PHH regarding my account and I was absolutely pleased with the assistance I was provided. The representative was patient, very thorough and answered my questions. She understood my situation and worked with me to find a solution. I feel great about being a customer of PHH Mortgage!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, for your positive review! PHH is here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear our customer service representative provided you with the assistance needed.Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

My case handler was (Dan). Very professional and very compassion with understanding my hardships and willingness to work out with me to save my home. Also he also assist important of TIMING IN URGENCY REPLY TO ME WHEN PAPER NEED TO BE DELIVERED. Thank you.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Eric. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Thank you for reaching out to me. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a minor financial crisis. The program that PHH is providing its customers is God sent. The plan will bring relief and help my financial dilemma. I can manage my finances better with the additional time to approach the past due balance without being penalized.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Katrina, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Extremely fast and courteous customer service every time I call. PPH was there for me during COVID and remains ready to help anytime. Very friendly and professional. In fact, I would say the best service I have ever had. Thank you.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, James. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Edward ** was GREAT. He thoroughly answered all of our questions, sent paperwork fast, offered to stay on the phone while we completed the paperwork in case we had any additional questions, and quickly called to confirm that our rate was locked in. This is my first experience with a refinance and my experience was worthy of sharing with my friends and on social media.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Frank, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Original review: July 31, 2020

My mortgage company sold my mortgage to PHH. When the changeover happened there were snafus, but we eventually got them worked out. This year I made my final payment using my bank's bill pay service as I have always done. The next month I received an invoice that showed a balance due of 0.00. I was thankful to have the mortgage paid off. The next billing cycle I received a bill for 313.17. I was puzzled because of the previous 0.00 statement balance. On June 26 I paid the 313.17 using bill pay. Today I get a nasty letter in the mail saying that I am delinquent and that I owe them 379.01.

When I finally was able to reach a foreign customer service agent for PHH, they couldn't answer any questions, but would only read the line, "Since it is the final payment it has to be sent with certified funds." Because the payment was sent with bill pay, like every other payment I ever made them, they refunded my money. When I looked at my account, they had refunded the money on July 3. Because they put the money I paid them back in my account they charged me an additional 65.84. I look at that as stealing.

PHH Mortgage response

Regina, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss your concerns regarding payoff in detail. Thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I discussed my options with agent and he was very informative and helpful understanding the ramifications of each possibility. I was able to make an informed decision and would be very open to referring that agent to my friends.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Curt. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I was unable to make my payment on the website which after being helped extensively to set up months ago was now inoperable due to our choice to be in forbearance. The woman that took my call was a sweet breath of fresh air! Just a kind and sincere voice with the expertise to quickly resolve my dilemma. Such kindness in these times makes one hesitant to hang up. I even told my wife about her. She was amazing!

PHH Mortgage response

Charles, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: July 22, 2020

PHH Mortgage acquired our mortgage several months ago. In early July, we received an email to prove that we had homeowners insurance. This was done via fax on 7/8/20. Additionally, we submitted the information through their portal. We also called PHH and our insurer. At the same time, we received notice that our homeowners insurance from Cincinnati Insurance was going to expire on 7/20/20. It was due 7/1/20 but it had not been paid by PHH.

After multiple phone calls, a fax and online submission - PHH issued payment on 7/15/20. On 7/20/20, I contacted our homeowners insurance agent and was told that the payment was still not received. In order to prevent cancellation of the policy, I paid $2,287 to Cincinnati insurance. As of 7/77/20 - Cincinnati insurance still has NOT received the payment from PHH mortgage. Obviously, PHH collects money monthly for our insurance. How can they be allowed to not pay the insurance in a timely fashion? And it cost us and extra $2,287. Thank goodness we were able to do so - what about people who would be unable to double pay thousands of dollars?

PHH Mortgage response

Cortney, we apologize for the issues you've experienced with PHH, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding insurance payments. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for a review of your account and they will be contacting you regarding this.

Original review: July 21, 2020

We submitted our regular mortgage payment. Then we received a notice that we were short. I called PHH and Victoria helped me identify the problem. The check had cleared for less than the amount owed (an actual issue with our bank). Our payment was in suspense. I paid the difference and she waived any late fees. She was instrumental in identifying the problem and straightening out our account with no adverse effects. And she provided excellent Customer Service in a professional, positive and friendly manner.

PHH Mortgage response

Sue, thank you taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: July 17, 2020

We have resorted to begging someone to please return our calls. We have called and emailed many many times to no avail. If we have reached out to them 20 times they have sent a “we will get back to you soon” response with no answers. We are in fear of losing deposits on projects because we can’t seem to close. These projects were scheduled 3 weeks beyond our expected (told) close date. I am regretful having started this process with this mortgage company. This shouldn’t have to be this stressful. I have gone through purchasing a home 6 times and have never had this type of treatment.

PHH Mortgage response

Pennie, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I had received help from PHH Mortgage Bank during this Covid-19 pandemic. Each one of customer service associates that I have had worked with are kind, helpful and professional people that I can trust.

PHH Mortgage response

Jose, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided by PHH.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Payment. All my questions were answered. Everything was resolved. Waiting time was less than 5 minutes. She was very professional. I could not have ask for a more blessing person I received on the phone on Wednesday. She gave me relief.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Marva. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 12, 2020

% rate is 5%. This should be lowered to a veteran's rate. Pandemic rates should be dropped to rates prescribed in a pandemic relief rate prescribed by Congress and since we are a veteran family household and former employee and long time client hope you will consider. Thank you. Jack **

PHH Mortgage response

Jack, we appreciate the chance to improve our service and resolve any issues or concerns that our customers may have. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members and they will be contacting you regarding this.

Original review: July 9, 2020

We have been dealing with them since December. We tried to modify the loan and were denied. We were told that it matures on June 23rd and payment is due in full. We received a bill saying that our loan was mature on June 23rd. We paid the amount on the bill. They have not cashed our check or applied it to our loan. We sent the check via certified mail because they don't take online payments. We called to verify they received the check and they confirmed by reading the check number back to us. They told us we were good to go on June 26th.

We waited a week for the money to clear our account before we started calling. We now call EVERY day and are told something different and that someone will have to call us back. Nobody has EVER called us back and my payment still has not been applied to my loan to close it out. I have filed a formal complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. We did not choose this company, they bought our loan. If you have a choice, don't choose them!

PHH Mortgage response

Brian, we apologize for the issues you've experienced with PHH, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding payoff fund application. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for a review of your account and they will be contacting you regarding this.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I wish I could give negative stars to PHH. They are the worst mortgage company I have ever dealt with. When we submitted our application back in April everything moved very quickly. We signed all of the forms and provided pay stubs and other information. Then it was crickets for about 6 weeks. After repeated calls I was finally able to talk to the title company. They could not understand why my refinance had not gone to settlement. When I finally received a response from the loan processor after several emails and voice mails she told me that since our paystubs were more than 60 days old we needed to resubmit new ones. I sent the current ones within an hour. I was then told everything looked good and we should settle by June 9. Since that time I have again heard crickets. No responses to any of my emails or phone calls.

I reached someone yesterday finally and they looked at my bike and said there was a question about a credit inquiry. I told her that nobody had communicated any concerns to me. The rep she would send me the form right away and when my loan processor finished her call I would be her next call. Of course I never received the form or a call. I am thoroughly disgusted with this company. I am sure this review will be sent to the escalation team.

PHH Mortgage response

Frank, we appreciate you informing us of the issues you encountered with PHH while working out a refinance . We'd like to apologize for any frustration these issues have caused. Your information has been forwarded to one of our team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further. Thank you.

Original review: July 7, 2020

PHH always available, always helpful, always has a ready solution. During the COVID-19 pandemic they have been especially ready with a plan that helps homeowners through this unprecedented financial uncertainty and I cannot thank them enough!

PHH Mortgage response

Wanda, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by PHH.

Original review: July 5, 2020

My mortgage was just purchased by PHH Mortgage. If I had a choice I would never be involved with a company like this. I see others on here post their complaint for a $7.50 fee to pay online. Really PHH Mortgage? Especially with the state the world is in right now? Take a look at what insurance companies are currently doing to help. They are giving 20% back to their customers. It is not much but for some it makes a difference. I have never paid a fee to make on online payment. You should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not right and I am sick of companies thinking they can do this. I will contact your customer service everyday until you refund my money and drop the $7.50 for everyone. Remember Karma is a **.

PHH Mortgage response

Travis, we do take all feedback seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. One of our escalation management team members has been engaged to review your account and will reach out to you. Thank you.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Mortgage loan forbearance plan ending. While we're in the middle of this pandemic, it is reassuring to see agents call customers to try and work out a plan with them. The agent I spoke to answered my questions clearly, was courteous, helpful and professional.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Fabrice. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Updated on 07/25/2020: This is a follow-up to my review on July 3. On July 6, I received a call from a number I didn’t recognize, the heavily-accented man said my name and asked me for my full name. I asked him who he was and he refused to tell me so I hung up. This happened a second time then I blocked the number. I don’t give information to unknown people over the phone. Later the same day, I contacted PHH suspecting it might have been them trying to contact me. It was and I was told that was SOP for their customer service. This time I was told I would receive a check or the missing home owner’s insurance policy payment that was supposedly sent on April 27 would be again (third attempt according to PHH reps) sent to my insurance company (USAA).

On July 23, I made another call since none of the options above occurred. I spoke with Tyler (who I believe was the first person that told me about the “glitch”) and I explained very clearly that this needed to be resolved. She told me she would have to run a trace on the check to make sure it wasn’t sent/cleared at my bank. I told her I can provide proof but she insisted she had to do it from her end. I told her she should have done that last month. Beginning Monday, I will be calling PHH every day until this is resolved.

Original Review: I’ve been lied to about where my homeowners insurance payment went. My account (I have no idea what my account number is, btw) shows $1294.17 leaving my escrow account on 27 April but not where the money went. I called PHH on 10 June when I checked my bank/insurance company (USAA) and noticed the payment never posted. In fear of losing my homeowners insurance, I needed answers. The PHH employee told me they had just discovered the problem a few days before and were working on it. She assured me my bank was aware of it. I didn’t trust her and called USAA and after speaking with a few different departments, they had no idea what I was talking about. They did set up automatic payments for my homeowners insurance since PHH couldn’t be trusted to make my payment. Now, over 2 months later, my insurance hasn’t been paid and $1294.17 is missing from my escrow account.

PHH Mortgage response

Phyllis, we apologize for your experience with PHH, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding your escrow account. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I have a 2nd mortgage with PHH due it was transferred to them from another company. I sent my normal payment in May 2020. They returned it. I called and was told that the loan matured 11/19 and they don't accept payments on matured loans even though they have been getting payments up until May and posting them. I called several times, was hung up on several times. Was told that they would refinance, which was false. Then they had me to send in a loan modification application. I have a letter stating the application was received.

Since then, they have reported my loan 30 days past due even though I have tried to make 2 payments with them over the phone. Now, it is about to go 60 days past due because according to them, they don't accept payments on a matured loan. Oh, and still no status on the loan modification request. Just spoke to someone and was told that a supervisor will call me back within 24-48 hours. I'm about to involve an attorney.

PHH Mortgage response

John, we do take customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members so they can review your account and assist in resolving your concerns. Following their review, they will be in contact with you.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Great customer service and straight up front and to the subject. She was very helpful and professional. Explained all the options in great detail and the conditions to make the loan whole again. Thanks.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Anthony. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

PHH Mortgage Company Information