2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

PHH Mortgage has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH offers a wide variety of homeowner assistance and loan options, including options for those purchasing a new home or refinancing.

PHH Mortgage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

It was a very good experience. Thank you, and it would be nice to be able to call and make my payment by phone for no charge, that is how I pay all my bills. I am not in good health and it is hard for me to get to the post office at times to mail it, but it's cheaper that way, only cost me a stamp.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Becky. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. I will pass your feedback to our management for review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Absolutely the best customer service ever experienced. Everyone is so very helpful understanding and explain everything clearly. Would recommend your mortgage company to as many people I can. Very helpful at a time I thought there was no hope in my situation. They saved me and I'm so grateful and thank God for this staff.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Grace. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

We refinanced our PHH loan with Owning Corporation without escrow account. PHH was paid in full and escrow was to be refunded. Then, I learned PHH bought our loan from Owning Corporation and the escrow balance was transferred to a new PHH loan number. Why would PHH transfer escrow balance to an account that does not exist per the terms of the loan they bought? They need to refund the escrow. Our past experience with PHH has been terrible. Under the initial loan with PHH, they set us up for loan Modification without asking us or without us submitting an application or request, they even called me to tell me the Mod was denied. Of course, they denied an application that was never submitted, what a joke!

Also, they kept emailing me about final documentation for refinance even though we were not refinancing with them. Also, the document filed with the County I live in does not reflect my full legal name. I wish a consumer had a say as to whom the loan is sold to. I am beyond disappointed in the manner PHH handled our original loan and to our biggest disappointment we are to continue working with them.

PHH Mortgage response

Lucia, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I’m in the restaurant business and things have been difficult to say the least. PHH has been accessible, willing to listen, and more than willing to work with me to ensure my standing with them. In short “they’ve been great”!

PHH Mortgage response

Joel, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Every interaction this far has been timely and professional. I don’t anticipate having difficulty with my mortgage. However, with everything going on with COVID19, one never knows. I do feel based on the relationship that PHH would be supportive and assist me through difficulty without me fearing the loss of my home.

PHH Mortgage response

Zenobia, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

PHH, offers easy account access by a normal webpage interface with good document availability and self-service options. Phone service was easy to navigate with representatives that are clearly knowledgeable. Reasonable verification information was required and my docs were delivered over a separate secure website.

PHH Mortgage response

James, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I was having trouble getting to my Account on the Internet. I gave up and called, not in a good mood, for help. The gentleman I spoke with was very kind, considerate and extremely helpful but due to my "nasty" mood I gave up. However, after a short while, I was able to access my account using the info/slash assistance he had suggested. He was absolutely correct. I actually owe him an apology for my attitude and would call and tell him except I don't know how I could reach him. If, whomever receives this message could pass that on to him, I would be indebted.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, James. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. We will be sure to share this feedback with Amit and his manager.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I had a question about making arraignments to pay my escrow short fall. Not only did he answer the question but he went on to explain the reasons for the shortage. The representative was, knowledgeable, polite, and understandable. He was a pleasure to deal with.

PHH Mortgage response

Kenneth, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I have had nothing but positive experiences when dealing with PHH Mortgage. Very professional, kind and knowledge. They are always available and willing to answer any questions, and never make me feel rushed or unimportant. Would highly recommend to family and friends alike.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Misti. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Had an almost perfect credit score of over 800, and agreed to a Forbearance relief for 6 months (1/2 half of normal payment), and made every payment on time and a few months later found out they called every payment 60 days late and ruined my credit (dropped to 715), and will not change the reporting, even though I paid as agreed upon. Please do NOT do business with them. They never ever told me this would happen, as I take my credit score very seriously.

PHH Mortgage response

Bob, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your information and details regarding the credit reporting during forbearance relief has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review. Following their review, they will be in contact with you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

The associate that I spoke with about my concerns, was very helpful and understanding. I felt that she really cared about my concerns, and assured me that she would do all that she could to answer any and all of my questions, and that I should not worry. She took the necessary time to explain in detail what my options were, and to help me decide what was the best course of action to take at this time. I appreciated the fact that she was able to pick up on the sound of uneasiness in my voice, and took the time to put my fears at ease, and assured me that they are there to help us as homeowners, in any way they can during this most difficult time during this pandemic.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Cynthia. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I enjoyed a great experience with my re-fi! My re-fi rep. Elliott ** was fantastic! All associates involved are so friendly and professional; especially the woman who helped me set up my account online! I highly recommend this company to anyone!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Timothy. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

So far everything has been great. I will inform you after first payment is received from my bank. The person that helped me set up auto pay was extremely kind. I really do not know what more to say, but I hope everything works out OK because I have never missed a payment in my life.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Robert. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Your response to our survey: You always help anyone who has had problems saving their homes.. Answers all questions and take the time for any questions you may have. Whenever you need or if you need a modification things always get approved. They will always do whatever it takes for you to keep your home. It’s hard to trust anyone else. Now I hope they can help me with refinancing my home.

PHH Mortgage response

Valerie, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

My fiancée and I took the offer to stop payments in April because of COVID, and when we talked to them about what happens when we restarted monthly payments we were told we had plenty of options, one of them being deferment. When it came time to restart payments, they automatically had us go another 3 months. November 1st we were suppose to start payments again and we planned to defer the 6 payments to the end of the loan instead of pay it upfront. Called and was told it 100% wasn’t an option and wasn’t something the company did, even though it’s an option on the website. Got told to contact our manager, she can not be reached.

Hasn’t responded through email and the number we were provided doesn’t work. Trying to call again and we were kept on hold and then hung up on. Filled out the covid assessment, told absolutely nothing. Still haven’t heard anything but have been sent paperwork to "help keep us out of foreclosure" and paperwork for assistance with again no contact of what it's for. Was suppose to get certified mail from them today that just didn’t make it to our mailbox. This has been an awful experience and we still have no idea if they are going to take anything other than the 6k that we owe upfront. Absolutely awful.

PHH Mortgage response

Samantha, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Having problems during COVID with funds and lack of hours. Operator was polite. Good to know their are people who still care about you not just $$. I would recommend PHH Mortgage to anyone looking to get a loan good. Down to earth people???

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, David, for your positive review! PHH is here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Best mortgage company I’ve ever experienced! During this season of hardship being laid off because of the pandemic, PHH has been such a blessing to me and my family! I would recommend this company to all my family members and friends. I had no idea a mortgage company could be so understanding and cooperative. I hope many people get to see this write up because it’s all true and something everybody that is looking for in a mortgage company. I am grateful for PHH and it’s very courageous staff for being in here in such a time like this. Yours truly, Tyrone **

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Tyrone. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Every time I talk to a live person, they're always so helpful and kind. I've never had one bad experience. The wait time to talk to a live person is never long. To me that’s very important. Also the availability to pay my mortgage online is a plus. The website is very easy to use.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Samantha. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Yes. Thank for all your good service been offered to me. I will recommend to all my family and friend and also continue do business with PHH bank. On difficult times as the moment we need more bank as PHH bank.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Hector. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

The response to the emailed I sent to was replied to right away which is rarely done nowadays. The rep that responded was patient in listening to my concerns and was able to give me detailed information to resolve my issue in a timely manner and encouraged me to reach out to them with further questions.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Maria. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Started the refinance process in May, answered their questions, provided documents and then nothing. Every month, I would send an email and ask for an update. Signed more documents, then nothing. As of today, still nothing. My application has been escalated three times, still nothing. Would not recommend using PHH for a loan or refinancing.

PHH Mortgage response

Mark, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding the delay in refinance. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

PHH should have zero stars. My friend, Steve, is a brain injured Veteran with a home loan that was purchased by PHH. When PHH purchased his loan, they raised his payment to three times what he had been paying. They refused to modify the loan or reduce his payment. He tried to refinance his home but couldn't because he was slightly underwater. They told him to Short Sale the home he loved. He got a real estate agent, who found a buyer, who made an offer. We have been waiting now for almost one year to know if they have accepted the offer! They have been stringing Steve along for 18 months now with loan modification applications, financial packets, new case managers, foreclosure notices, etc.

We have done these applications many, many times because they say they expire. They only expire because PHH does nothing for months! They say one thing on the phone and then send letters and documents that have nothing to do with what was discussed on the phone. Now they are saying Steve's ex-wife is on the loan, even though we sent them a recorded Quit Claim Deed, Interspousal Transfer Deed, and Divorce Judgment, giving him the house ten years ago--long before his mortgage was sold to PHH in 2018! They have now ruined her credit! Now, they want another Short Sale Application and Financial Packet! Really?! If they would have modified his loan for one year, he could be selling it now and paying off the loan in full because the value of his home has come up to what he owes on it!! Or--he could have refinanced his loan with a reputable company and still be living in his home! But no, they continue to hold everyone in limbo!

PHH Mortgage response

Cecelia, we apologize for the experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that Steve is facing. The account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you or the borrower to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

It has been a hard financial year but I felt PHH was an ally. Through the great customer service, very friendly and helpful representatives, my anxiety is calmed each phone call. As a veteran, I feel I’m a priority with this organization. That alone will keep me coming back again and again. Thank you!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Jonathan. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I call because my payment for October has not cleared. I was told by them it was turned over to the new company a week ago. I still have not been able to track that payment. It now looks like I'm a payment late when I am up to date on payments.

PHH Mortgage response

Susan, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your information and details regarding the payment has been forwarded to to one of our escalation management team members for review. Following their review, they will be in contact with you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

The associate was very pleasant and thorough. I am a new client and was pleased that she confirmed all of my information and made sure that my account had been processed properly. I feel confident that my future interactions with PHH will be competent and professional.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Lynn. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I was able to get connected to an associate in a reasonable amount of time. They took care of my questions in a concerned and informed ability and when I got off the phone there was a feeling of satisfaction.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Dale, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Representatives of my mortgage company in assisting with ways to save my home through this pandemic and tornado of Nashville, TN went beyond my expectations, They demonstrated compassion and understood my plight at this stressful time in my life. Thank you so much for your support!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, William. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Totally understand Your situation. Help you the best they can To keep your home. Always answer the phone. They always call back. Friendly staff help with deferred payments. As long as you communicate with them they will not do anything to make you lose your home. The only thing is their phone system is very complicated to reach into The right person.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Frank. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

My experience with this company was excellent..Highly informative, courteous, helpful, understanding, easy to come up with solutions and striving for better ones. They treat people with respect and kindness. They should teach more companies what and how they do and treat people.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Sharon. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

This company went above and beyond to help me keep my house when I was fighting cancer. They are so friendly when you call them. Simply the best. They understand that life happens and sometimes you have no control over what happens. I am so lucky to have them as MY mortgage company!!!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Wayne. I hope you are feeling better now and I wish you good health. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

PHH Mortgage Company Information