PHH Mortgage Reviews

Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

What do you prioritize most?

About PHH Mortgage

PHH Mortgage (NMLS #2726) has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH Mortgage offers a variety of loans for home purchases and refinancing and provides assistance from experienced loan officers. Its website also has mortgage resources, including educational articles, checklists and loan calculators.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Variety of purchase and refinancing loan types
    • Available nationwide
    • Online tools and resources
    Cons
    • No fully online application
    • No home equity loans or HELOCs

PHH Mortgage Reviews

Stars Rating

• 18%
    • 17%
    • 7%
    • 3%
    • 55%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2023

Do not choose to do business with this company. I didn’t choose them. My mortgage was sold to them. A water pipe burst in my home over 5 months ago, which caused over $100,000 of damage. My insurance company has been great, but as they release claim checks to get my home repaired, they have to include PHH as a co-payee.

The insurance company has released 66% of the funds. PHH will only release 42% of that money to me. They refuse to release any more until my repairs are 80% complete. How can I get to 80% complete with only 42% of the money? That’s a question no one at PHH will, or can, answer. Thanks to my own mortgage company, we’ve been without a kitchen for 5 months, and will still not have one by Thanksgiving or Christmas. Because I cannot escape the nightmare of their call center, I reached out directly to Glen Messina, the CEO. He chose not to respond. My house is still gutted. We just want our house back. Avoid PHH if at all possible!

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2023

Avoid PHH at all costs. We did a loan modification and they reported us to the credit companies for nonpayment even though we made the modified payment on time. Our collective credit scores dropped almost 250 points in a single day. Talking to someone who does not have an accent is impossible. I was told to email my concerns (in a PDF form), which I have done several times. I spoke to my lawyer who said they need to do a rapid rescore on our behalf. I have not heard back from PHH and it has been over a month. Absolutely awful experience.

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

Had mortgage for years. First issue is they keep changing loan servicers. Hard to keep up. Reps on phone are mostly rude and unknowledgeable. Spend most time reading scripts to protect them. Recently got behind 1 payment due to illness. Long story short, eventual 2nd payment plan is mathematically incorrect. Would have us pay 8 payments over 6 months. It is simple math. We are elderly, the time and trouble trying to correct this error has stressed us. Recently advised by nonprofit law firm to file a ‘Notice of Error”. Stay away if possible.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! We refinanced with PPH Mortgage and ever since we completed the refinanced, it has been a nightmare. We attempted to un-escrow our taxes as we did not sign anything at closing that said we needed to keep our taxes escrowed. We got declined because it was a "commercial loan". Okay, we let it go because "it is what it is". Well, it's school tax time and on the 4 properties we have in our portfolio loan, only ONE got paid on time. The 3 others still have not been paid (due 8/31/23 & 9/15/23). I have called numerous times and attempted to email and call my loan specialist Kimberley ** and she refuses to contact me back. I have multiple emails of me reaching out, asking when my taxes will be paid and nothing in response. I have called and spoke with other reps and they "chat" over to her and she will make comments saying "I will call her today" and NEVER does.

She is extremely unprofessional and unhelpful. Since this company has not paid my taxes on the 1st due date, there are extra fees added on which supposedly PPH Mortgage will cover but again, it will be months of me contacting them and bugging them to refund my escrow account. This could be completely avoided if they allowed me to pay my own taxes as I have asked multiple times. They did not pull their end of the bargain and pay on time but no one there seems to be able to help. They just apologize and say "I am so sorry. This should not have happened". When I ask to speak with the tax processing team, they do not take calls so it is impossible to reach anyone who can help me. Worst mortgage company out there.

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2023

My mortgage was sold to PHH and I have been unhappy since. They are paying taxes on a lot next to my house. Not where my home is. This cost me almost 3000.00 from the state for taxes not paid. Dumb.

Profile pic of the author.
      Punctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed July 8, 2023

The service at PHH is beyond awful. PHH did not pay our 2022 taxes, despite me contacting them in November 2022. It was months into 2023 before they paid part of them and they still have not completed paying them. I contact them multiple times a week since May 2023 and all I get is "We are 'researching' it" despite me sending them all of the documentation. Now, I have to deal with our township threatening to place a lien on the home and not provide vital services. All because PHH is horrible at what they do. They have also been unable to confirm that any late and lawyer fees have not been deducted from escrow account. Overall it has been a horrible experience and we will be refinancing as soon as we can to get away from them.

Pinned

Nneka, we are extremely sorry to hear about your experience with PHH. I have forwarded your details to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will contact you to discuss your concerns regarding tax payment in detail. Thank you.

Reviewed May 21, 2023

It started just recently on the May payment. They have not applied the payment even though they have received the payment within the grace period in the contract. I have spoken with a customer rep from PHH one time on May 17th. Nothing discussed on the phone has been followed through on. I believe they are trying to blatantly push this loan into default through no fault of my own. I believe they are in retaliation over a review written on another site. They don’t listen well and I can hardly understand them with their heavy accent. I believe they do this to make it hard to record them. I have received my Return Receipt certified green card back showing it was delivered. This was explained to PHH rep.

As of May 22nd my payment hasn’t been processed or applied. Will have to call again and see what is going on. I believe at this time they are not going to apply the payment. Also I feel this is a blatant attempt to get me to change over to paperless and pay online. During our conservation the PHH mortgage rep he asked why I didn’t pay through the web site. I’m like others here. Why can’t or won’t stop them. They are murdering people, with stupidity. Now I hope people will not use this company. I had no choice, my loan was sold to them from Ocwen.

Pinned

Richard, we are extremely sorry to hear about your experience with PHH. I have forwarded your details to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will contact you to discuss your concerns regarding missing payment. Thank you.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed May 9, 2023

They don't respond to the 20 letters of request for detailed information. 5 years later and nothing! No agency can help put a stop to their insane way of accounting. They can't even explain it. Only more charges and more charges. The loan is now more than it was originally and they can't explain why. Who regulates them?

Pinned

Stephanie, we take all feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members so they can review your account and follow up with you.

Verified purchase

Reviewed March 17, 2023

I wish I could give them 10 stars. I’ve been doing business with PHH and its predecessor for over 8 years. I must admit when PHH purchased RMS back in 2021 I was more than a little apprehensive regarding the change of ownership. My wife and I had enjoyed such a great relationship with RMS for over 6 years and now we were dealing with the Covid nightmare. Being in our late seventies we were under a load of stress dealing with some serious health issues. To make things even worse our income was abruptly turned upside down 2 years ago thanks to the Covid pandemic. Even dealing with typical expenses like property taxes and insurance was a challenge. However, I am very excited to report that PHH knocked themselves out to get us through the Covid crisis.

Their customer service is without a doubt the greatest you could ever hope for. I must give a shoutout to several outstanding customer service reps that have assisted me over the years. Allen, Perla, Donna & Dawn come to mind right off the top of my head. They along with Willie and Philip have knocked themselves out to make our every need a painless experience.

One more thing I would like to mention. We were warned back in 2014 to avoid reverse mortgages like the plague. My wife and I after a lot of research decided the reverse mortgage advantages far outweighed any disadvantages. Being in our seventies we decided the security of not having to ever worry about another house payment for the rest of our lives gave us a lot of comfort. And now just 8 years later our countries economy is in the worst shape in 40 years along with threats of WWW 3 and global pandemics. Well needless to say we are convinced more than ever that we made the right decision going with a reverse mortgage and the icing on the cake has been PHH. God Bless PHH!

William from Georgetown, TN

Pinned

Thank you, William. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

The run around I have received from PHH has been unbelievable. To be honest it started out great! My original loan was "sold" to PHH with no problems. When COVID hit I lost my job and reached out to PHH to see what is and isn't possible. They offered me an extensions, with the ability to "modify" my loan...I WAS very pleased! Then the drama started, I had to sign documents that confirmed I had in fact been approved for the modification...and I sent in a notarized copy.

About 3 months later (right around when my modification trial expired), I was asked to get some information on the title to my home. It took me a while to get those docs, and I was diligent about keeping them informed of my progress. Once I received, they asked me to sign yet another contract for the modification trial...Once I sent this version in I asked them to send me confirmation I am all set...they stated that's not their policy (red flag).

Then they called me in another 6 months saying they never received my docs...and that I would have to sign another modification agreement...and on and on it is STILL going, I sent in my title docs over 6 months ago and they told me they are "still being reviewed" and right on queue, you guessed it, they are asking me to sign another trial agreement doc!

EVERY single time I call them I get someone different who I can barely understand, and I can NEVER talk to a supervisor...there is zero escalation process at PHH. You can tell they are aware of this problem because they have "relationship managers" that are supposed to act on the customer behalf, but this isn't working... Its almost as if they are "trying" to make this so difficult that I default, and they can add costs....very shifty. Despite all of this I have NEVER missed a payment. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and as SOON as I can move away from PHH I will! They are a scam in my opinion. RUN AWAY.

Pinned

Ted, we are extremely sorry to hear about your experience with PHH. I have forwarded your details to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will contact you to discuss your concerns regarding loan modification. Thank you.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2023

In August 2022 I called PHH asking if they had bi-weekly payments. I was told that they did, at first the agent said I couldn't be set up on it if I had automatic bank draft turned on, but then he came back and said I could. They sent me the paperwork to fill out. I completed the paperwork and faxed it back in at the end of August. I received a letter that was confusing about a week later. It didn’t say if I was approved, it didn’t say when payments would start, but it mentioned making a manual payment which was confusing since I was on automatic bank draft.

I called to get clarity. I was told that I was approved and that the bi-weekly payments would start the next month and that I would get another letter with when the payments would start. I never received another letter. The next month the bi-weekly payments didn’t start so I called again. This pattern repeated every month through November. Every time I called I was told something different. One employee told me I had to fill out the paperwork again. I repeatedly asked if I needed to turn off automatic bank draft but was told no. In October I was told I had to make a manual payment for the full month then the bi-weekly payments would start the following week. I asked her twice if there was a chance that they would pull the full amount for the automatic bank draft, but she kept reassuring me no.

I made the manual payment for the monthly amount and then they drafted the full monthly amount. Despite the employee reassuring me this wouldn’t happen. They wiped out my checking account since I was not anticipating this. It took a week to get my money back. I asked to speak to management and was never passed on to a manager. Even when my calls were escalated to the escalations team I was still never provided with information on when the bi-weekly payments would be set up. Finally at the end of November I spoke to an employee who seemed to know what she was talking about.

She finally informed me they do not offer bi-weekly payments only bi-monthly. They didn’t even offer what I had been asking for. Every call I asked about bi-weekly payments and no one ever told me this isn’t what they offered. I wanted to pay off my loan faster so bi-monthly was not helpful. Dealing with this company has been incredibly frustrating. I spoke with a different employee every month from August 2022 to November 2022, sometimes two different employees and only one employee could actually answer my questions.

Then in December without my consent or knowledge they shut off my automatic payments. I am hoping I never have to call them again because I will not trust anything they tell me. As soon as I can refinance away from them I will.

Pinned

Leanne, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2022

We obtained a mortgage from another lender and it was sold to PHH. I have read the state rules for dropping PMI and we have met them- having the legal amount of equity from our routine payments alone. On top of that, I forwarded PHH invoices for improvements (new windows in the whole home, new kitchen appliances- both totaling $80,000 for a measly 230,000 mortgage). Still, they want to milk me for $150 to hire their appraiser to come appraise our home. My mortgage is now about 15% of the value of our home- one only needs to see a photo to tell the improvements yet they want me to pay their biased appraiser. It’s just another money grab when my closing docs with the original mortgager said nothing of fees to remove fees! Go to United Mortgage, Rocket Mortgage, 5/3 bank- options are nearly limitless! This place is a money grab.

Pinned

Tricia, we apologize for your experience with PHH. I have forwarded your details to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will contact you to discuss your concerns regarding PMI in detail. Thank you.

Stratis increased rating by 4 stars.
      Loan Process
      After a positive interaction with PHH Mortgage, Stratis increased their star rating on Sept. 9, 2022.

Updated review: Sept. 9, 2022

Got it sent today. Thank you.

Original Review: Sept. 7, 2022

Our broker reported to us as we tried to get our house refinanced, that they had never encountered a mortgage company who will not provide a payoff statement. They've contacted PHH as have we with written or DocuSigned authorization. Verbal authorizations abound. Ready to send a notice of error but of course that can take a while and our original payoff statement request was through September 20th.

Pinned

Stratis, we apologize for your experience with PHH. Request you to send us a private message with the loan number and property address, we will review your account and contact you. Thank you.

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2022

Worst experience I've ever had in getting a home loan. They misrepresented information in emails - ended up going back and saying we needed to come up with $4,000 more in closing costs which we couldn't afford, would not release the appraisal we paid over $700 for - and ended up with a lender who said that their fees and costs were insane. We ended up closing for over $5,000 less than PHH's first agreement. Run away from them.

Pinned

We take customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2022

My experience overall with PHH has be awful but in particular cancelling PMI has be extremely frustrating. With the market so high, we submitted a request for a valuation at exactly our 2 year mark of our mortgage because we were sure the appraisal would be over what was needed to cancel PMI. They sent the form (surprisingly based on other reviews), we sent it back, they cashed our check, a few weeks later we were finally contacted by a broker to come by for a BPO. He confirmed he sent it on 7/14 and we also confirmed it was over the minimum amount we needed.

I followed up over a week later with PHH and they claimed they never received anything. I double checked the 3rd party sent it to PHH and called back a few days later and this CSR then said they HAD received it when the broker sent it. I asked them when it would be processed because they seem to be unnecessarily drawing it out and no longer trustworthy. They said there's been a lot of PMI cancellation requests so it's a little backed up, fine, but they told me at the VERY LATEST it would be done by 8/26 but I now realized he just wanted me off the phone. In the meantime we requested our escrow account be closed and that was processed super fast.

On 8/29 I called and asked if the PMI cancellation was processed like they said it'd be and they said no with no further info on when it would be processed, so I finally made it to the escalation team and she said she'll "monitor" and get back to me since I said they should not be taking the PMI with our payment on 9/1. I do not expect to hear back from them and after reading more about the The Homeowners Protection Act of 1998, I suspect this is bordering on illegal practices based on the time period (30 days) they must process/stop collecting payment according to the law. I get mortgage companies are struggling and laying people off but I shouldn't have to keep paying PMI payments because they're taking longer to process (whether it's because of the times or intentionally so they can keep taking more money).

Pinned

Megan, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding PMI cancellation. Your information has been forwarded to one of our team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2022

They purchased our loan from a local Texas lender that we refinanced with and did not recognize the over-65 property tax deferment available in the state of Texas. We sent them homestead documentation, a copy of the tax stature, and numerous letters, to no avail. Then, they suddenly paid our "back" property taxes without warning. They sent us a letter stating that if the funds were not repaid to them within 30 days, they would add an escrow account to our monthly payment, raising it to some unheard-of amount.

Fortunately, I still had cash from the refinance and sent them the funds (it was a huge amount). But, they incorrectly applied the payment to our mortgage balance! After many phone calls, letters, and a complaint to the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending, they corrected the mistake. However, I'm still getting letters that they are working on the issue. Employees in the tax or escrow department are unreachable. It appears that everything is handled by automation and offshore workers, and one department does not know what the other is doing.

Pinned

Mike, we value your feedback and sincerely apologize for your experience. We appreciate the chance to improve our service and resolve any issues that our customers may have. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our team members for a review and they will be contacting you regarding this.

Reviewed July 29, 2022

It has been two months of trying to get my home appraised in order to get my PMI removed and I have yet to even have my house scheduled for an appraisal. PHH will cash your $150 check right away for the appraisal but refuse to give you any answers after that. Customer service escalated my case 3 weeks ago and I have yet to even get a phone call from them.

Reading other people's reviews it seems like this is a common issue with them. They will fight you tooth and nails to make sure you continue making PMI payments to them even when your home evaluation has skyrocketed. I found it too good to be true that they are charging $150 for an appraisal in the first place and now I see why. I would be more than happy to spend $600 to get it appraised on my own right away. Avoid this company. They are not professional, I am praying they sell my loan to someone else.

Pinned

Salim, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your information and details regarding the PMI has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review. Following their review, they will be in contact with you.

Reviewed July 22, 2022

I was recently approved for a loan modification due to the pandemic. PHH extended my loan for 37 more years at $803 monthly. I only owe $87k and also added a balloon payment of $14k at the end. My initial loan was for 30 years and I have 11 years left. I’m not understanding how I will be paying nearly 60 years on a loan. They were supposed to help doing the pandemic but it looks like they were setting me up for failure. Please make this make sense.

Pinned

Donna, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding our loan modification. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Reviewed July 19, 2022

PHH Mortgage Co. has mishandled an insurance check we forwarded to them for endorsement so we could proceed with final repairs to our home damaged by the freeze in Tx. occurring in Feb. 2021. The insurance division of the mortgage PHH, to date, has still not returned our Liberty Mutual insurance check in more than 40K to us with their endorsement so we can proceed with repairs to our home. I have never dealt with a mortgage company like this when needed repairs to our home could not be done because they held the insurance check hostage. After numerous calls to in mortgage company, they finally told me they had no idea where the check was and I would have to go to Liberty Mutual and ask them to send another check.

Unfortunately, I would have to go through this process all over again. This mortgage company is incompetent and unethical and may well have stolen the check. Who knows, they finally said they sent the check to us by FedEx, but they don't have a tracking number. The Feds need to investigate this company for fraudulent practices. Plus, you can not talk with anybody in the company that has any authority to do something. Ridiculous, my mortgage was SOLD to this mortgage company, and I did not have a choice. If you have a choice, DO NOT choose PHH Mortgage Company!

Pinned

Terry, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed July 18, 2022

I contacted this company on behalf of one of my elderly clients. He has a mortgage with PHH and received an insurance check. The check must be forwarded to the mortgage company for processing and I agreed to do this for him because he is elderly. I spent 15 minutes of my time repeatedly explaining I don’t have specific loan information nor do I want specific loan information regarding My client's account with PHH. I simply need a physical mailing address instead of the PO Box they had previously Provided. I continually explained that each time a person picked up the phone, yet was sent down a rabbit hole repeatedly to end up with the same result on each occasion. The information I requested was basic and not specific to anyone’s account. This was either too tough for the representative to understand, or they simply didn’t care. Based upon this experience, I would never consider working with them!

Pinned

Deidra, we value your feedback and sincerely apologize for your experience. We appreciate the chance to improve our service and resolve any issues that our customers may have. Request you to send a private message with the borrowers name and phone number so that we can contact them and resolve the issue. Thank you.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 27, 2022

I was contacted by my county auditor after refinancing my HECM mtge with PHH. The amount on the document was $90,000 more than the Mortgage I took and a 2nd mortgage was placed on the property for $360,000. I do not and NEVER did have a 2nd mortgage on my home. Appraisal and all documents state loan was for $240,000. But auditor states all documents sent to the county say $360,000. Something is really wrong! Tried to contact them via phone and email 4 or 5 times with no responses. I believe this company is fraudulent and scamming people.

Pinned

Barbara, we apologize for your experience with PHH and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please send us a private message with the loan number and property address so that we can have one of our escalation management team members reach out to you. Thank you.

Customer ServiceLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed June 17, 2022

I am the trustee of my grandfather's estate, and as of March 1st for the last 3.5 months I have sent the trust, the amendment, death certificates, etc over 20 times! Daily calls with the SPOC department, no updates ever, no one can answer my questions, they send over the packet at least every week as an "urgent" request and we still have no answers. The legal department they claim they send it to, no one can ever actually get them to respond. There is never a supervisor or above to speak to. Every time I call for OVER 3 MONTHS, no one has an answer or any updates on the trust! My grandparents passed, my mom, etc and I have to go over this every single time that I call. They have no process in place, they are disorganized, incompetent, and take no responsibility for their company.

We are hiring a lawyer now because they can't get their act together to review a trust document! All I need is to be on the account and get the pay off. Oh, and they told the escrow company they need the request in writing, with the paperwork I have sent in over 20 times, AND it will TAKE 21+ days to review! What is this madness! I have tried to be nice, patient, but this house is going to fall out of escrow because PHH cannot get a process down to better help their customers. There is NO EXCUSE why I have had to send in the SAME PAPERWORK over 20 times with NO RESOLUTION!!!

Pinned

Angelina, we'd like to extend our condolences to you on your loss. We apologize for the issues you've experienced with PHH and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please send us a private message with the loan number and property address so that we can have one of our escalation management team members reach out to you. Thank you.

Reviewed June 5, 2022

PHH did not pay may taxes out of escrow for almost a year, resulting in my home being placed on a tax lien auction. Despite more than 15 phone conversations with the PHH Escalation Department and a formal complaint being filed with the New York State Department of Financial Services, taxes remained unpaid, penalties accrued, and ultimately my home was listed on auction for unpaid taxes. PHH is an incompetent, corrupt organization and home owners would do well to avoid them at all costs.

Pinned

Michael, we value your feedback and sincerely apologize for your experience. We appreciate the chance to improve our service and resolve any issues that our customers may have. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our team members for a review and they will be contacting you regarding this.

Reviewed June 1, 2022

I have recently had an incident where this mortgage company failed to pay my annual property taxes. I opened up an incident and it got raised to the escalation team. It's not been about 3+ weeks since opening the incident and despite multiple attempts at email + phone call to the direct escalation manager I cannot get a response on the status. The timeline for the taxes has come and gone and they still aren't paid, which is going to cost me even more money. Do I rate an update from this mortgage provider team? Apparently not!

Only update I have ever received was a canned email stating that they were waiting on the county trustee to respond and validate the bill. Well, I called the trustee and they never have heard of this company or even received contact from them. This prompts me to reach out daily to the mortgage company but zero responses come back. Long story short - buyer beware. If you expect a mortgage company that has your back and will work with you via exemplary customer service, look elsewhere.

Pinned

Jeff, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve your tax payment issue. I have escalated your concerns and one of our team members will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Verified purchase

Reviewed May 21, 2022

Extremely helpful!! Answered all my questions efficiently. Put me at ease. Very satisfied with responding. I was guided through how to have my payment returned from an insurance company, whom I would no longer doing business with, and how to have it put back into my escrow account.

Pinned

Thank you, Linda. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed May 12, 2022

This is one very horrible company to deal with trying to get my mortgage mod completed. I had have HUD specialist help. Advised to Consumer protection on them and State agency also called due no bill since 2019.

Pinned

Edward, we take customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience with PHH. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Customer ServiceRates

Reviewed May 4, 2022

Updated on 06/21/2022: So got PHH attention with last review and got them to do the appraisal. Now I can not get them to give me a copy of the report 2 months later and can not get them to give me a phone call. WHAT A HORRIBLE COMPANY. I have left voice mails every week to 10 days, send emails and NOTHING! Run away from this COMPANY. Run as fast as you can. I have called the Federal Housing Finance Agency AG on their unfair, unethical, and unlawful business practices.

Original Review: DO NOT USE THEM AT ANY COST!!! Well I am going with the pack on this. PMI is suppose to be removed when hit 80/20 loan to value is reached. Now with house market going through roof, I am well above that. Requested they reappraise the property and pay the $150 fee for that. They cashed my check but won't do the Appraisal. Claiming have not documented enough improvements to home to justify it. Even at Zillow's low range number I at 26% equity. I would refinance but interest rates have gone up so much that would be paying more monthly if I did. :(

Pinned

Stephen, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have with regards to PMI cancellation process. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Reviewed April 22, 2022

Mel on my loan processor got transferred to PHH without my knowledge but I guess they were shot selling some mortgages to PHH and mine was one of them. Ever since then I've had so much difficulty with their customer service. You never get anybody you could understand on the phone and they can be rude as hell. Now they're telling me I'm in default and I'm not. They sent me four left contradictory letters regarding my account and I've had to spend hours on end trying to get my situation resolved. This is not a company you wanna deal with and how I have a feeling they're doing fraudulent things or they're doing things that seem to be fraudulent because they're so stupid.

Do not use this company. I would not recommend it. You would be disappointed. My physical address will which PHH has the mortgage with is ** and this is a real review. If you have any more questions you're welcome to call me at ** and I'll be happy to further discuss this review with you. It's just too long to be discussing here but the overall summation is bad., my name is Sam **.

Pinned

Sam, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 21, 2022

I am happy that PHH initially approved my mortgage/Loan for modification due to financial hardship because of COVID-19. My acct/payments has never been late with them. They send back docs to be re-signed and notarized, but they came really late. (Mail delivery is really really slow since COVID-19.) They got the docs on the deadline date but now they rejected my modification. I really thought they are there to help us during this difficult time.

Pinned

Marilyn, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding loan modification denial. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Reviewed April 12, 2022

Our mortgage was transferred from another bank. PHH is the worse bank we have ever experienced. We called 10 times, 4 times out of those 10 times we got disconnected after being on hold for 20-30 minutes. One time an associate said she doesn't know how to calculate, so we have to wait for someone else, another time an associate told us to call our previous bank because they don't have records of the past payments. We will never recommend this bank or ever do any banking with them again. Also, we would have given them zero stars if that was an option.

Pinned

We take all feedback seriously, and we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please send us a private message with your phone number and loan number so we can have one of our team members reach out to you. Thank you.

PHH Mortgage Company Information