2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.15/5

PHH Mortgage has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH offers a wide variety of homeowner assistance and loan options, including options for those purchasing a new home or refinancing.

PHH Mortgage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Original review: July 31, 2020

My mortgage company sold my mortgage to PHH. When the changeover happened there were snafus, but we eventually got them worked out. This year I made my final payment using my bank's bill pay service as I have always done. The next month I received an invoice that showed a balance due of 0.00. I was thankful to have the mortgage paid off. The next billing cycle I received a bill for 313.17. I was puzzled because of the previous 0.00 statement balance. On June 26 I paid the 313.17 using bill pay. Today I get a nasty letter in the mail saying that I am delinquent and that I owe them 379.01.

When I finally was able to reach a foreign customer service agent for PHH, they couldn't answer any questions, but would only read the line, "Since it is the final payment it has to be sent with certified funds." Because the payment was sent with bill pay, like every other payment I ever made them, they refunded my money. When I looked at my account, they had refunded the money on July 3. Because they put the money I paid them back in my account they charged me an additional 65.84. I look at that as stealing.

PHH Mortgage response

Regina, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss your concerns regarding payoff in detail. Thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I discussed my options with agent and he was very informative and helpful understanding the ramifications of each possibility. I was able to make an informed decision and would be very open to referring that agent to my friends.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Curt. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I was unable to make my payment on the website which after being helped extensively to set up months ago was now inoperable due to our choice to be in forbearance. The woman that took my call was a sweet breath of fresh air! Just a kind and sincere voice with the expertise to quickly resolve my dilemma. Such kindness in these times makes one hesitant to hang up. I even told my wife about her. She was amazing!

PHH Mortgage response

Charles, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: July 22, 2020

PHH Mortgage acquired our mortgage several months ago. In early July, we received an email to prove that we had homeowners insurance. This was done via fax on 7/8/20. Additionally, we submitted the information through their portal. We also called PHH and our insurer. At the same time, we received notice that our homeowners insurance from Cincinnati Insurance was going to expire on 7/20/20. It was due 7/1/20 but it had not been paid by PHH.

After multiple phone calls, a fax and online submission - PHH issued payment on 7/15/20. On 7/20/20, I contacted our homeowners insurance agent and was told that the payment was still not received. In order to prevent cancellation of the policy, I paid $2,287 to Cincinnati insurance. As of 7/77/20 - Cincinnati insurance still has NOT received the payment from PHH mortgage. Obviously, PHH collects money monthly for our insurance. How can they be allowed to not pay the insurance in a timely fashion? And it cost us and extra $2,287. Thank goodness we were able to do so - what about people who would be unable to double pay thousands of dollars?

PHH Mortgage response

Cortney, we apologize for the issues you've experienced with PHH, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding insurance payments. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for a review of your account and they will be contacting you regarding this.

Original review: July 21, 2020

We submitted our regular mortgage payment. Then we received a notice that we were short. I called PHH and Victoria helped me identify the problem. The check had cleared for less than the amount owed (an actual issue with our bank). Our payment was in suspense. I paid the difference and she waived any late fees. She was instrumental in identifying the problem and straightening out our account with no adverse effects. And she provided excellent Customer Service in a professional, positive and friendly manner.

PHH Mortgage response

Sue, thank you taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: July 17, 2020

We have resorted to begging someone to please return our calls. We have called and emailed many many times to no avail. If we have reached out to them 20 times they have sent a “we will get back to you soon” response with no answers. We are in fear of losing deposits on projects because we can’t seem to close. These projects were scheduled 3 weeks beyond our expected (told) close date. I am regretful having started this process with this mortgage company. This shouldn’t have to be this stressful. I have gone through purchasing a home 6 times and have never had this type of treatment.

PHH Mortgage response

Pennie, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I had received help from PHH Mortgage Bank during this Covid-19 pandemic. Each one of customer service associates that I have had worked with are kind, helpful and professional people that I can trust.

PHH Mortgage response

Jose, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided by PHH.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Payment. All my questions were answered. Everything was resolved. Waiting time was less than 5 minutes. She was very professional. I could not have ask for a more blessing person I received on the phone on Wednesday. She gave me relief.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Marva. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 12, 2020

% rate is 5%. This should be lowered to a veteran's rate. Pandemic rates should be dropped to rates prescribed in a pandemic relief rate prescribed by Congress and since we are a veteran family household and former employee and long time client hope you will consider. Thank you. Jack **

PHH Mortgage response

Jack, we appreciate the chance to improve our service and resolve any issues or concerns that our customers may have. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members and they will be contacting you regarding this.

Original review: July 9, 2020

We have been dealing with them since December. We tried to modify the loan and were denied. We were told that it matures on June 23rd and payment is due in full. We received a bill saying that our loan was mature on June 23rd. We paid the amount on the bill. They have not cashed our check or applied it to our loan. We sent the check via certified mail because they don't take online payments. We called to verify they received the check and they confirmed by reading the check number back to us. They told us we were good to go on June 26th.

We waited a week for the money to clear our account before we started calling. We now call EVERY day and are told something different and that someone will have to call us back. Nobody has EVER called us back and my payment still has not been applied to my loan to close it out. I have filed a formal complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. We did not choose this company, they bought our loan. If you have a choice, don't choose them!

PHH Mortgage response

Brian, we apologize for the issues you've experienced with PHH, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding payoff fund application. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for a review of your account and they will be contacting you regarding this.

PHH Mortgage Company Information