2. Mortgages

4.4/5 (260 ratings)

About PHH Mortgage

PHH Mortgage has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH offers a wide variety of homeowner assistance and loan options, including options for those purchasing a new home or refinancing.

Pros

• Offers home loans and refinancing
  • 24/7 online account access
  • Competitive rates

Cons

• Does not offer HELOC programs
  • Mixed reviews for customer service

Bottom Line

PHH helps home buyers navigate the homebuying process and offers a variety of loan options for first-time homebuyers, seasoned homebuyers and investors

PHH Mortgage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Original review: March 23, 2021

My experiences were of the upmost friendly and with kindness and the business information was solved and taken cared of, the service is very nice!!! I could not have had a greater experience with any other company/ business! I look forward to doing business with this mortgage company again!

PHH Mortgage response

Lori, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have been very happy with the customer service, follow up and services provided by PHH. Online services and website are very easy to navigate. All my interactions and needs have been promptly resolved by customer care. I would definitely recommend PHH to friends and family.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Brian. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 18, 2021

One of your customer service rep was very helpful when they call me asking if everything was ok with me. I said that I had the Covid-19 for the past 3 weeks and didn't go to work because I was in quarantine. I told him that I will make this month payment a bit late for that reason. My husband was able to make the payment today. Thank you!

PHH Mortgage response

Rocio, we hope that you are feeling well now and wish you a speedy recovery. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I got a mortgage payoff and called about the approved "methods". It was explained to me that even though I've been paying using ACH for over 10 years that you WILL NOT accept that as a final payment. That's dumb. Please explain to me why not. Further after calling back there is a discrepancy of where the final payment should be sent and the person I spoke with, after consulting with others in the department, could NOT tell me where to wire the final payment. They were however able to tell me that if I sent the payoff using ACH, it won't be accepted and will be returned. When questioned as to why, the answer was "that's just the way it is." Unbelievable.

PHH Mortgage response

Wayne, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Options were covered. Rep was courteous and easy to understand along with being patient. Reviewed my loan and stated clearly what all options were available. Hold times were quick and response times as well. Appreciate PHH Mortgage customer representatives. Also the reminder calls.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Teresa. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I can't remember the name of the young man that I spoke with but he was very helpful in getting me set up on monthly payments for my new mortgage account. He was very courteous and very helpful. He also made sure I had my new account number as my mortgage had just been purchased and I didn't have any information. Most pleasant young man.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Lisa, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Professional, walk you through the loan process and explain. What you signing match the rate from other lender. Listen to your concerns, review briefly and follow up on your convenience whenever you available. I will recommend this company to my family and friends.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Sara. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 12, 2021

A phone call to PHH Mortgage on March 11, 2021. I inquired about the insurance coverage on my mortgage. The latest bill by my insurer was too high, the PHH mortgage representative was extremely helpful even suggested a company to check insurance rates. Then told me if I changed insurer what to do, who to call, and where to send the refund check from present insurer. This is the first time that I felt a mortgage company was working for me, The representative was courteous, knowledgeable, concerned plus, making sure my call to the new insurer was answered so that I was not hanging on a line with no answer. Very pleased with PHH and the representative for the company.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Dana. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I called the customer service to speak with a financial expert regarding my loan. After a series of connections from one person to another, I was finally connected to Mimi who is assigned for my state which was NC. She helped me throughout the procedure and stayed with me on the phone for almost 4hours. What she did was exceptional and I cannot thank her enough. She works well with Angela who was also prompt in her responses. Kudos to all the loan officers of PHH Mortgage!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Evelyn. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 11, 2021

It was great Speaking to the representative who I was talking to. Great, understand, was able to help me with the situation, will get back with me if I need you. The representative was will to understand me and I was willing understanding him in the situation would confide the 19.

PHH Mortgage response

William, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

PHH Mortgage Company Information