PHH Mortgage Reviews

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About PHH Mortgage

PHH Mortgage (NMLS #2726) has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH Mortgage offers a variety of loans for home purchases and refinancing and provides assistance from experienced loan officers. Its website also has mortgage resources, including educational articles, checklists and loan calculators.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Variety of purchase and refinancing loan types
    • Available nationwide
    • Online tools and resources
    Cons
    • No fully online application
    • No home equity loans or HELOCs

PHH Mortgage Reviews

Stars Rating

• 14%
    • 13%
    • 5%
    • 2%
    • 66%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Reviewed April 12, 2022

Our mortgage was transferred from another bank. PHH is the worse bank we have ever experienced. We called 10 times, 4 times out of those 10 times we got disconnected after being on hold for 20-30 minutes. One time an associate said she doesn't know how to calculate, so we have to wait for someone else, another time an associate told us to call our previous bank because they don't have records of the past payments. We will never recommend this bank or ever do any banking with them again. Also, we would have given them zero stars if that was an option.

Pinned

We take all feedback seriously, and we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please send us a private message with your phone number and loan number so we can have one of our team members reach out to you. Thank you.

Loan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed April 8, 2022

Wonderful company! They worked around our availability even if it was after hours, James communicated throughout the process. PHH Mortgage was able to bring my interest rate down, no one could beat their offer.

Pinned

Thank you, Gloria. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed April 8, 2022

PHH is pathetic. They lie and lost our wire transfer payment to pay off our loan. If they tell you they'll call you back...Don't hold your breath. I requested a payoff statement multiple times to get nothing. This is a terrible company

Pinned

Keith, we take customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed April 5, 2022

We have requested a payoff quote from this organization since March 16th. The organization has on multiple occasion delayed the processing of the payoff request. Each department is unaware of what the other is doing. We have called on multiple occasion and email and the problem has yet to be resolved. We

are in the middle of a refinance and PHH mortgage refuses to provide the required payoff to transfer the loan from their company. They also didn't paid the insurance for the property which was escrowed. The actions so far of this company has been retaliative and very unprofessional and has caused duress. We cannot proceed because PHH mortgage is intentionally withholding our legal payoff documentation.

Pinned

Tricia, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have regarding payoff quote and Insurance payment. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Reviewed March 29, 2022

Being self employed and was directly affected with the pandemic. I reached out to PHH mortgage and it only took a 10 minutes phone call with one of my account representative. She was able to put me in to a program that would enable me be able to have time to get my finances rectify and stop making regular payments.

Pinned

Thank you, Shiva. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Online & AppStaff

Reviewed March 28, 2022

I recently requested for PMI to be removed from my mortgage. I sent in numerous data to show the value of my home had significantly increased since purchase. In addition, PHH sends me one-two times a month a letter offering for me to refinance and THEY give me an estimated value of which clearly shows that I have at least 33% equity. However, they will not remove my PMI until I pay them for a Brokers Price Opinion (BPO). This seems highly unethical. My dashboard (mortgage website) indicates the estimated value quite substantial. Yet, they want to tell me in the letter that my home is worth the lesser of the amount of my sales contract or the original appraisal, penalizing me for getting a good deal. If I refinance with them, my house is worth a lot more, if I don't, well it's worth the sales value. Not to mention over $25k in a master bath remodel since purchasing the property.

Bi-weekly payments - PHH's website FAQs clearly states they offer bi-weekly payment plans. A representative from PHH answered a complaint on this website indicating they do not offer bi-weekly payment plans. PHH's website directs you to a FlexPay form which is a bi-monthly payment option. In speaking with a PHH representative, she indicated they do offer a bi-weekly form and she would have to mail it to me. She stated that the form is not archived yet. This makes no sense. She then proceeds to tell me to call back in two days and they would email me the form. Why would they have a Flex Pay form and not a Bi-Weekly form on their website if they in fact do offer both plans. Which is it? A customer should not have to go through this. I had no choice in the matter of my mortgage company. PHH assumed my previous mortgage companies business. I'm very disappointed.

Pinned

Kelly, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss your concerns regarding PMI cancellation and biweekly setup. Thank you.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 24, 2022

Experience was great. Excellent customer service.. agents were willing to explain things that I did not understand thoroughly. They were also very patient. Wish all customer service reps had this same level of concern for their customers.

Pinned

Thank you, Yvonne. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed March 12, 2022

I was going to say the last guy to help me was so very good. But now I received another letter looking like the problem is not solved. I have flood insurance and have submitted it twice. Why are my payment still going up this year. My taxes and insurance have not changed enough to warrant such a huge increase. Ever since I refinanced with you it has been nothing but trouble. Please explain.

Pinned

Jayne, we take customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience with PHH. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Reviewed March 10, 2022

Every time I call, all the agents are friendly and knowledgeable and are able to answer all my questions quickly. When I've had problems, they are quick to help with a fast resolution. As their slogan states, "Helping homeowners is what they do".

Pinned

Thank you, Fred. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2022

PHH Mortgage really cares for the clients. I have been customer for a while and any time I had a problem they made me feel I had nothing to worry about and reassured me they would assist me any way they could. I received timely notices when I could not pay under this pandemic and I felt they really had my back! Thank you PHH Mortgage.

Pinned

Thank you, Sabrina. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2022

Very convenient and easy and when I talk to somebody very pleasant and professional. Would recommend to anyone who has a chance to partake in the service. Thank you for all your help and guidance. Very much appreciated. Thank you. That’s all I have to say at this time about my experience. Thanks again for your assistance.

Pinned

Thank you, Richard. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2022

I called to get information on my city and county taxes. The young man that spoke with me was very professional, patient, knowledgeable and kind. This is expected from customer representatives but too often it is not received. Coming from me, this is a real compliment to him because I am a fanatic about areas such as this.

Pinned

Thank you, Gloria, for your positive review! PHH is here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear our customer service representative provided you with the assistance needed. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2022

It's a great pleasure to work with a knowledgeable mortgage company that takes pride in their customers. My wife and I would recommend PHH Mortgage to others that are thinking of buying a home. We thank you for your great service.

Pinned

Thank you, Larry. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2022

My experience with PHH was very pleasant. Their customer service was kind, respectful and very helpful. The knowledge that the individuals have when asking any questions is great, no holding for answers is the best. I'd definitely recommend this establishment.

Pinned

Thank you, Mercedes. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by our customer service representatives. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2022

PHH Mortgage Services, were an absolute Godsend to me. They worked tirelessly to help me. Everyone is very professional, friendly, respectful and do their very best. I am extremely satisfied with the outcome of my refinance. I would highly and most assuredly recommend PHH Mortgage.

Pinned

Thank you, Margaret. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2022

I was surprised that my statement was going to my old address, which is the house I sold and no longer there, so I called to make sure that they update my information. The representative was very nice and professional.

Pinned

Thank you, Dora, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2022

Had a great experience, the representative had lots of knowledge. I look forward to working with the team as we prepare for my next steps with the property.. I have never heard of PHH, but I'm sure it will be a good experience moving forward.

Pinned

Thank you, Terry. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2022

I have been planning a refinance for my mortgage and initially began to work with PHH Mortgage as they hold my current mortgage. Initially I paid for an Appraisal with PHH as the designated lender. After receiving the appraisal report I determined I would use a different lender to provide a refinance for my current mortgage held by PHH. As soon as I requested that the appraisal I paid for be transferred to my new lender every bit of communication and support stopped with PHH. I submitted to PHH a "Transfer or Release of the Appraisal Form" to PHH.

After a few weeks of waiting for them to sign a 1 page release of appraisal form I followed up with PHH with no success. Every time I call their customer service and explain the situation I am placed on a long hold only to be told that their policy is not to transfer the appraisal that I paid for to the lender I decided to work with. It has now been multiple submissions of the same form and going on 3 weeks to simply get the appraisal transferred to my current lender with zero success or help from PHH. At first PHH appeared to be very communicative and helpful, however, as soon as I told them I needed to transfer the appraisal to another lender they completely stopped answering any calls or emails. I am thoroughly frustrated at their lack of any support here as I am trying to refinance my home and the only document holding me up is in the hands of PHH and they are essentially refusing to help since they are not the ones getting my refinance business.

Pinned

Daniel, we take customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2022

I recently called the help line at PHH with questions. My call was answered promptly and the gentleman answered my questions. When I was put on hold for him to access my account, he came back quickly with the answers I needed. He was very courteous and professional.

Pinned

James, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2022

Outstanding customer service!!! I would recommend this organization to all of my friends. The customer personnel answer all of my questions and emailed all of my requested information within a few minutes. Keep up the great customer service work. I’m very satisfied with service that I received.

Pinned

Thank you, Tony. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2022

The representative was very professional, knowledgeable, helpful, as well as being understanding of my needs and situation. The representative was also very caring and did his best to assist with my request. I'm glad I call to speak with someone concerning my request, thank you for all you help.

Pinned

Thank you, Felicia. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Customer ServiceRates

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2022

We currently have PHH servicing our mortgage loan. Our taxes and insurance are escrowed. They are holding a substantial amount in our escrow account. Our 2021 taxes were due 11/30/2021. The company has yet to pay them. We are now 62 days past due for our property taxes and it is accruing interest daily. We have contacted PHH Mortgage NUMEROUS times by phone, email, and mail. They continue to tell us they are working on it but the taxes still are not paid at this point. I wish I could give ZERO stars for the unprofessional customer service we have received with this company. I will make sure to never do business with this company again.

Pinned

Jamie, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2022

I can always depend on PHH to help me with all my Morgage needs. I have never encounter a rude or uncaring attitude from anyone that I talk with. And they always find a solution to help me in keeping my home. I love PHH team.

Pinned

Thank you, Eileen. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2022

Reassured me my taxes were in escrow. I received my tax bill and there was no indication I was paying them as part of my mortgage payment. The agent was helpful and friendly. I feel good about this mortgage company.

Pinned

Thomas, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2022

I would like to highly rate your customer service department with 5 star accreditation. My experience with your agent Victor has been great. I have done business all across the country and have never experienced such great service anywhere. Notwithstanding Victor's representation of PHH reflects well on your company's success. Eventually I will payoff my loan with you but I will always remember the service I received from PHH's customer service.

Pinned

Earnest, thank you taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent. We will be sure to share this feedback with Victor and his manager.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2022

I really appreciate the help and understanding I received from PHH mortgage. The rep I talked to, was very helpful and efficient in helping me over a rough time I was having. Quite a different experience compared to other companies.

Pinned

Al, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2022

Every person I have talked to at PHH has been kind, informative, insightful and willing to answer any questions I have had. They are making this process of refinancing so simple and easy for me! Exceptional customer service! Probably the best mortgage company I have ever worked with.

Pinned

Thank you, Pamela. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2022

From I started the conversation with the agency person until the end everything was perfect. There’s nothing negative that I can say about it. You guys are awesome and I appreciate your patience and your support in these hard times. Thank you very much.

Pinned

Edra, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2022

I've have been with PHH for 6 years after the account was acquired after the entire Ocwen situation. My account has never been late with PHH, and recently had to file bankruptcy (not including my home in the bankruptcy), they abruptly closed the account and no longer report to any of the credit bureaus. After several attempts to get them to report, I received nothing.

This year after having them to pay insurance and taxes out of the escrow account as they've always have, they change it without notification and now my 1098 doesn't reflect taxes and full insurance payment. This in turn does not allow me to file the amounts that I paid on my 2021 taxes because the 1098 is incorrect. I've called several times on this issue, got through one time and received a name and callback number of an individual Maria (ARR associate iD) where I only receive a voicemail without any callbacks. Now, regardless of time of call, when I call the main number or the direct line I remain on hold without speaking to anyone for a duration of 28 min. or so and the call hangs up.

Pinned

George, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2022

I found the persons I spoke with, to retain old documents, incredibly helpful, were easy to speak with, patient with me and took it step further by making sure I could access the documents and that they were what I was looking for and needed. There was a lot of waiting during this process and I was grateful for their patience and their knowledge.

Pinned

Dana, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2022

We would like to see a copy of the appraisal please and see the comps used. We are getting emails from you that our home is worth $417,705. A house exactly the same as ours around the block just sold for $430k and others in our neighborhood are the same price range. My wife is a mortgage processor and previously a realtor. We could refinance with her company but want to know what our options are for removing the MI first. Thanks in advance for sending the appraisal.

Pinned

Jeffery, we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding appraisal. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2022

PHH has provided excellent Customer Service throughout our journey with them, especially during the Covid pandemic when dire assistance was needed. They were always patient and courteous when listening to our needs and was always very accommodating. We are grateful for such a caring company. Mahalo!

Pinned

Thank you, Norma. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Loan Process

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2022

PHH is Ocwen rebranded but as the old adage goes: a pig with lipstick is still a pig. My horrendous experience included litigation in which I prevailed with these guys violating court orders resulting in sanctions for 3 consecutive years. Then, during 2019-2021, they messed up royally in ways that I can't discuss in detail as I'm still waiting to see if litigation will be necessary to have them amend their mistakes and refund me overcharges made to my account. Luckily, I refinanced and won't have to deal with them again. My recommendation, stay away, run for your life. While mortgage loan servicers are notorious for mistakes, PHH is seemingly the leader in such poor behavior.

Pinned

We apologize for the issues you've experienced with PHH and the frustration this may have caused. Please send a private message with your name, contact number and the property address, so that we can review your account and follow up with you. Thank you.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2022

Fantastic company. Personable, caring agents. Always polite and always helpful, especially during pandemic times. They're an A-Plus service company, and every one of their agents comes off as helpful, caring, and sincere! I would recommend them to everybody.

Pinned

Thank you, William. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2022

Yes Mr. ** do his job in a professional manner, no I am very disappointment because I know for fact there is a mistake. Why your PHH transfer an account that doesn't exist, and now I have to get money to hire a consoler to find it out the true.

Pinned

Doris, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. If you need additional help in resolving your account issues, please send us a private message and we will contact you. Thank you.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2022

I refinanced my home last year and PHH was the note holder for less than a month. Since that time I get emails and calls from PHH constantly. My favorite was a call from PHH at 10:30PM on a Sunday night. From my experience they did not service my loan at all, just temporarily provided funds, then sold the note, then used my info for their telemarketing efforts.

Pinned

Dennis, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2022

I called PHH Mortgage to obtain information about refinancing my home. The agent did not give me the feeling of being rushed off the line because I am not ready to refinance at this time. Instead, the agent was patient, listened to my needs, & was helpful with suggestions. I now have a concrete plan.

Pinned

Thank you, Jill, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2022

Was able to get my issue resolved in one phone call. The customer service representative listen to my issue and was able to recommend a solution. I was given clear understanding of next steps that will be needed for long term solution.

Pinned

Thank you, Waddah, for your positive review! PHH is here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear our customer service representative provided you with the assistance needed. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2022

I have just had a mountain of things happened to me in the last year. And they've been totally understanding by PHH Mortgage and I truly appreciate everything they've done for me. Once I get back on my feet I'm sure you're going to straighten it all out.

Pinned

Thank you, Thomas. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2022

I had a good experience when I contacted PHH Mortgage Services. The Customer Service Agent that I spoke with was very polite and helpful. She helped me resolve the questions that I had on my account. I am thankful for her help.

Pinned

Thank you, Michele, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2022

Your company as well as your well trained representatives are always kind, patient, and full of compassionate and sympathetic to my needs. I recently lost my 61 yr old husband VERY unexpectedly and immediately when I called explaining my circumstances, the company representative took such good care of my needs. Reassuring me everything will work out and I should just take the time I need to get everything I had to do get done and suggested I call back in a month. Each time we had to call for whatever the issue we were treated very well. I would definitely recommend your company to anyone wishing to purchase a home or interested in refinancing. Thank you for all did for me and in my time of loss.

Sincerely,
      DeAnna

God Bless

Pinned

DeAnna we'd like to extend our condolences to you on the loss of your husband. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by our customer service representatives. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2021

They updated their name wrong in my homeowner insurance so they couldn't get my insurance renewal from my insurer. They then sent out letter saying I need to pay them for the insurance they bought on behalf of me. Shortly after that they made another change to their name in my homeowner insurance and this time was the correct name. But it took me hours to call everybody to ask what really happened for the letter I got even tho I already renewed my homeowner insurance before it expired. A simple mistake of incorrect name update from PHH wasted everyone's time. Bad service on PHH.

Pinned

We apologize for your experience with PHH. Please send a private message with your contact number and the property address, so that we can review your account and follow up with you. Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2021

In December 2021 my mortgage loan was transferred from Sierra Pacific to PHH Mortgage. I have called PHH Mortgage several times since the transfer of mortgage companies to resolve an issue. Each time I call I get someone that does not speak English so I am unable to resolve my issue. I am promised a call back within 24 hours with a supervisor and call never comes. I am at wit's end with PHH Mortgage....

Pinned

Marcela, we take customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review, and they will contact you to discuss this further.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2021

I was very pleased with a recent call to your company. We were hoping to recast our mortgage with a large payment and prior to the call we’re unsure of how the process worked. Your associate was kind, professional and very helpful. He answered my questions confidently and helped me feel at ease with our decision. I am very thankful for that interaction and I was so grateful for the amazing support. Thank you very much!

Pinned

Thank you, Carly. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2021

Received a letter my property taxes would go up, and if I could not pay the difference they would automatically foreclose on my property! I am on fixed income, age 69 in February with health issues. This adds more stress. Surely, there are programs in Maryland to help seniors keep their primary homes. Added; they outsource their Agents from India, who I can not understand their language. They know nothing about what is going on in the States. I wish they were at the New Jersey main headquarters. They have a ploy to call once a month to drag out the situation in hopes you will do a short sell, or forecloser.

They did this to me before Covid, when I was one month late. They offered me $10, 000 for a $200,000 home!!! Covid state of emergency saved me from forecloser, but the Agents in India did not know what was going on and asked ME for the information. I am absolutely tired of their games and lack of care for homeowners. We are in the midst of a major pandemic and they could not care less.

Pinned

Kathleen, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2021

I sent a fax for a credit draw on my reverse mortgage on Dec 14. It was supposedly “lost” as of Dec 21 so we emailed a duplicate. We called on Dec 23 and the duplicate was there and the funds should have been in my account as of today Dec 28. We called and the original had “just arrived,” no record of the duplicate and now it will be after New Year before the money arrives. I am planning to file a complaint with CFPB against this company if it is not here next week.

Pinned

Steven, we apologize for your experience and the frustration this has caused. One of our escalation management team member has been engaged to review your account and will reach out to you. Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2021

I have always received great customer service from PHH. Please keep it up because that is very hard to find nowadays. I'm not very much of a writing however, I'm thankful for your home owner's modification program as well. I'm glad to be working with this company regarding my issues.

Pinned

Audrey, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2021

PHH failed to make my flood insurance payment even after I called 3 weeks ahead of the due date to ensure they had a check on the way. They assured me they were on top of it and not to worry. On the day payment was due flood insurance company called and had not received payment. Got PHH on the phone with the flood insurance company. PHH could not wire them the money so I had to pay on the spot to avoid cancellation of the policy. It was agreed on the call that PHH would issue me a refund directly since I had to pay it. They failed to do so. They sent the check to the flood insurance company by mistake.

Flood insurance company takes 8 weeks to refund the check to PHH. PHH told me they would put a stop payment on the check and that it would be back in my escrow in 2-3 business days. 8 days later they still have not put funds back in my escrow. I have been on hold for over 5 hours the last 3 days trying to correct. Holding again right now for 63 min waiting for an "escalation manager" and still nothing. Have tried twice to leave messages for a call back and nothing. Have had 2 employees tell me how embarrassed they were. No wonder they are in the top 5 worst mortgage lender list.

Pinned

Sean, we appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members for review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2021

They were and have remained a pleasure to work with. I would recommend to family & friends. Our interactions remain explicit, clearly understood and promptly attended to or resolved. We have never had a situation where our questions or concerns went unanswered.

Pinned

Thank you, LaDon. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2021

PHH helped us get a mortgage modification and get out of foreclosure. We have been able to stay current with our mortgage payments since then. The Agents we worked with were very helpful guiding us through this process. Thank you.

Barbara **

Pinned

Thank you, Barbara. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2021

There was an issue with my November payment which was brought to my attention and we both successfully found the issue resolved it and it was taken care of. She was a great help. And keep up the great work. And thank you for making my day easier for me... Happy holidays to you all.

Pinned

Thank you, Jesse, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2021

I contacted PHH service line to ask questions as I am a new customer. I signed up on the web page which was very easy to negotiate. I wanted to make sure that my payment would come out every month automatically so I would not have to check on it each month. The helpful service person checked on it and reassured me it would! This is wonderful! He was very polite and knowledgeable.

Pinned

Janet, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2021

I love that every time I call PHH Mortgage they have always been so friendly and nice. They are always there for helping us in any way that they can. And if they have a program that one can apply for especially with Covid-19 pandemic they will let you know like they also told me about those help. PHH Mortgage is there to help us and not lose our homes. I highly recommend PHH Mortgage.

Pinned

Flerrida, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2021

Great website. Great customer skills. Your company is an asset to the public. Your company set a clear example of what great customer service is all about. I will share this everyone I know. For this you deserve to be rated 5 stars. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.

W.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2021

I got the letter regarding the lateness of the possible mail delivery. I wanted to talk to someone about my other options. I also wanted to find out what my balance was on my home. The representative was very helpful.

Pinned

Thank you, Odilia, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2021

They answered all my concerns and so far so good. Everything they told me work making my payment. I hope it stay that way. Great job for all that help me thru setting up my account. Hope my loan don’t transfer again.

Pinned

Thank you, Theresa. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2021

PHH Mortgage Services always provides the highest quality of customer service and genuinely cares for their customers and treat us like family. When you need their help, they always listen to your concerns and then do everything they can to help you through something small or something huge and life changing. They are always so respectful to us and strive to go above and beyond what is needed. I know and can trust PHH Mortgage Services to see us through while giving us every opportunity to make sure that we are satisfied. We greatly appreciate all the many years of trusted customer service.