Compare Reviews for Ticket Websites
In the past, consumers who wanted tickets to a popular concert, play or other live show had to wait in line for hours, or days, to purchase their tickets. In the last decade, ticket sales have increasingly moved online, and now consumers can purchase tickets as soon as they go on sale without waiting in line.
Online ticket vendors offer features to entice customers to make their purchase from a particular website. They may focus on one region or offer tickets for nationwide or international shows. Vendors may also focus on a particular type of event or may sell tickets for most live events.
Top 10 Best Rated Ticket Websites
|Read 829 Reviews|
Event Tickets Center (ETC) is an online resale marketplace for concert, sports and theater tickets that was founded in 2005. ETC sells tickets to events worldwide at market value and provides a 100 percent guarantee on all sales.
|Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
Vivid Seats works to help fans engage fully with entertainment options. You can browse the site to discover details about new artists or sports stars, and then purchase tickets for anticipated upcoming events.
|Read 893 Reviews|
Access a variety of event tickets through Ticket Liquidator, which connects sellers and buyers. Third-party sellers mean you might find hard-to-get or sold-out tickets, and some listings are below advertised ticket price.
|Read 1843 Reviews|
TicketNetwork providers online ticket sales with a 200 percent money-back guarantee that tickets are delivered timely and accurately. Order through the site and participate in seasonal contests for free tickets.
|Read 13 Reviews|
Find tickets to concerts, theater and family events with ScoreBig, which offers a discount for signing up. Order tickets without dealing with hidden fees or shipping costs, and get up to 60 percent off box office listings.
|Read 40 Reviews|
SeatGeek simplifies your search for event tickets by combining listings from major sellers in a single location. The database includes a scoring system to ensure the best deals are presented first for optimal savings.
|Read 166 Reviews|
TicketsNow lets you buy or sell tickets to favorite sporting and entertainment events. Search by geographic location or use the events calendar to see when and where your favorite team, musician or theater group will appear.
|Read 999 Reviews|
Browse and buy tickets for art, theater, music and sports venues at Ticketmaster. The Deals tab offers discounts via 2-for-1 pricing and bulk deals, or you can name your own price for up to 60 percent off listed ticket prices.
|Read 556 Reviews|
Score discount tickets on StubHub, or purchase last-minute tickets and pick them up at the venue the night of the event. Join the Fan Rewards program for added savings and access to special promotions and complimentary upgrades.
|Read Expert Review||Be the first one to rate this company|
TickPick is a marketplace for buyers and sellers of event tickets that promotes a policy of no hidden fees. With apps on Android and iOS, TickPick can be browsed from any location, which is beneficial while traveling.
The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
What features matter most?
The listings for any one city or region are immense, which means you will need a good browsing feature to find what you are looking for.
- City: Filter results for all available tickets by the city you are in or the city you will be visiting.
- Act: Filter results by act name, for example: "The Strokes" or "Windy City Tattoo."
- Genre: Filter results by genre of music, sport or festival, for example: "metal" or "NFL."
The more payment options a ticket vendor offers, the easier it is for customers to make a purchase.
- Credit card: Visa and Mastercard are the most frequently accepted credit cards online and in person, however more cards may be accepted depending on the vendor.
- Debit card: This works the same way as entering credit card details, except the money comes directly out of your bank account.
- PayPal: Many vendors will allow PayPal payments for tickets, making it easier for people without credit cards or non-compatible bank accounts to purchase online.
Tickets are available for all kinds of different shows and events, which means you need to make sure the type of show you want to see is included on the vendor's listings.
- Music: Bands performing in large arenas or cozy pubs will both be listed under this category.
- Sport: Wrestling, baseball, football, Olympic events and more.
- Festival: This category covers a range of miscellaneous listings, such as comedy shows and charity events.
The cancellation policy of a ticket vendor concerns whether you are eligible to receive any refunds in the event that you cancel your purchase.
- No cancellation: For event tickets, a no-cancellation policy is normal.
- Cancel in advance: The closer the event is on the calendar, the less likely it is that you will be able to cancel your tickets. There is generally a rule that you can only cancel up to a month ahead of time.
- Transfer: If you can't cancel your tickets but can't use them either, you may be able to transfer them to another registered user on the vendor's website, for free or as a sale.
There are many ways to receive your purchased event tickets, but the method depends on the vendor and your location.
- Mail: Some ticket vendors will ship your tickets by regular mail if you are in the same region as their office.
- On-site: In this case, the vendor will give you a confirmation code which you will use to pick up your pre-purchased tickets at the event venue.
- Email: It's common to receive ticket confirmation numbers via email, and you either print out the ticket itself or simply show the code when you go to the event.
In the case that you cancel your ticket or cannot use it, the refunds policy determines whether you will be compensated for the ticket price. Find the refund policy on the vendor website, or by contacting the vendor online or by telephone.
- 100 percent refund: A full refund for any purchase made when you cancel the order.
- Exchange: Instead of a refund, the vendor may offer you the chance to exchange your tickets for others of equal or lesser value.
- Partial refund: Some vendors prefer a 50 percent or partial refund to compensate their own loss of time and administration during your initial purchase.
What are different types of ticket websites?
This type of ticket website features only sporting events and tickets for baseball games, football games, track meets and more.
This type of ticket website features only musical shows, mainly concerts and festivals.
Arts and events
This type of ticket website offers admission to events such as stand-up comedy acts or theater performances.
Mixed ticket websites feature tickets from every type of event and show.
Who's it for?
Music fans that are looking for a chance to see their favorite bands or attend a music festival.
People looking for a perfect gift for their friend or family member.
People who want to catch their favorite teams on the field.
People who want to see plays and musicals.
TicketNetwork launched in 2007 as the primary online retail center for Ticket Network Inc. in Cincinnati. They sell tickets for music, sport and theater events.
Ticket Liquidator has been in business since 2003, providing tickets for often sold-out concerts, plays and sporting events.
Founded in 2005, Events Ticket Center (ETC) is a resale marketplace for many different types of event tickets. ETC sells tickets to events all over the world and has provided service to over a million customers.
- Pricing: Because ETC is a resale marketplace and not a box office, it sells tickets at market price instead of face value. This means that tickets could be priced above or below the asking price on the ticket.
- 100 percent guarantee: ETC offers customers a 100 percent refund if they never receive their orders or if their received tickets are invalid. ETC also provides a full refund if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
- Variety and inventory: ETC has an extensive inventory of tickets for a variety of different events. Concerts, theater productions and sports events are all available for purchase at ETC.
- ETC mobile app: With the ETC mobile app, customers can search for their tickets, venues and events wherever they go. Users can order tickets and check venue seating charts from the app.
- Tips and news: ETC’s news section is regularly updated with breaking news about events as soon as tickets go on sale.
- Best for: concert lovers, theater goers and sports fans who often buy tickets at the last minute.
StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.
Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.
Tickets Now is an online ticket resell market. They allow individual resellers to list tickets they can't use for theater, music or sporting events and sell them directly to fans.
TickPick is a secondary marketplace for concert and event tickets. The company offers no-fee listing and buying services.
- Mobile app: Download the TickPick app for Android or Apple and shop or sell from your mobile device.
- Graded tickets: The company grades available event tickets using an algorithm that takes seating and price into consideration.
- Name your price: On a budget? State the amount you are willing to pay and let vendors come to you.
- Venue maps: Choose your seating easily using the venue maps for each show.
- Easy sports navigation: Find great seats for the games you want to see using innovative browsing technology.
- Best for: TickPick is a great website for sports aficionados and concert-goers, since most of the online software and listings are focused on these types of events.
TicketIQ is an online ticket sales aggregator that formed in 2009. The company compiles deals and real-time data for events from a variety of pre-certified sellers. They also offer IQRewards, an engagement-based rewards program that gets you more discounts on “IQ Certified” sellers the more you use it.
- Mobile discount: IQRewards program allows you to save up to 10 percent on your purchases.
- Blog: TicketIQ’s blog reports relevant ticket data, tour announcements and price trends to help inform your purchasing.
- Low prices: Thanks to the aggregation of so many available tickets, you can find incredibly low prices through TicketIQ.
- Venue maps: Get venue layouts and seat views, so you can see your seats before you purchase.
- 100% guarantee: All tickets are carefully-vetted, guaranteed and backed by customer support.
- Best for: TicketIQ is best for concert-goers, theater aficionados and sports enthusiasts looking for the best prices and purchase transparency.
Razorgator helps you find affordable, quality event tickets to sports, music, comedy and theater. Founded in 2001, most company staff have at least 6 years' experience in the industry.
- 100 percent guarantee: This guarantee states that your tickets will be on time for the event, authentic, valid and refunded if the event is canceled.
- Coupons: Check out featured coupons and deals on the website.
- Mobile app: Download the mobile app to instantly purchase and download your ticket codes. Save up to 75 percent on last-minute tickets.
- Uber integration: Use the mobile app and you'll be able to easily check Uber for a ride to the venue.
- Interactive seat maps: See what you're really getting in terms of seating and quality by checking the venue map.
- Best for: Razorgator is best for concert-goers, theater aficionados and sports enthusiasts.
TicketCity is an online sale and resale center for sports and event tickets. The company has 25 years' experience in the business.
- Range of sporting events: Find whatever sporting event you can imagine, from golf and football to NHL and college basketball.
- Search by team: Browsing tabs at the top of the website make finding your sport and team simple.
- Resell tickets: If you have sports or other event tickets you can't use, sign up to resell them through Ticket City.
- Spanish language: Is Spanish your first language? TicketCity is available to view in Spanish.
- Community support: TicketCity supports various charitable organization such as Goodwill and the American Cancer Society.
- Best for: Sports enthusiasts looking for a wide variety of sporting events throughout the U.S.
Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.
- Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.
- Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.
- Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.
- Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.
- Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
- Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.
SeatGeek is an online ticket aggregator that provides customers with an easy way to find events and purchase tickets. Working with other ticket vendors means that SeatGeek offers more listings than many other online or retail vendors.
Score Big is an online ticket vendor that allows customers to save more money than most other vendors. The website uses an innovative method of non-posted pricing to allow primary vendors to give you a discount.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.