SeatGeek

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Bought MLB tickets from SeatGeek. After I bought them I was instructed I would have to sign up for a completely different website. Then I'd have to download an app onto my phone from yet another company in order to get my tickets. Then tickets never arrive and there's 3 middlemen between the original owner and myself to point fingers at each other about who's to blame. Would never have bought if they had been upfront about the process I'd have to go through.

SeatGeek is far from a reliable source. The system is set up as an aggregator, where they charge your credit card, and then leave it up to the third party to deliver the tickets. They do not verify if tickets are available at the time of sale. I found myself in a situation where I purchased same day tickets, the charge went through, the tickets were confirmed, and three hours later I received notification that the tickets were unavailable. SeatGeek, and the ticketnetwork.com both pointed fingers at each other and neither was willing to accept responsibility for providing accurate information on the SeatGeek site about the tickets that were posted. Very weak operation!

I ordered tickets for a July 28th concert on July 5th. It is now July 27th and I still don't have my tickets. After a dozen phone calls to SeatGeek, each one assuring me that "the tickets were in the mail", I never received my tickets. After reading many online reviews, I know understand that there is a good chance I will never receive my tickets, a refund, or satisfaction of any kind. My only hope is that the good folks at SeatGeek, get a bad sunburn, stub their collective toes, and fall off a cliff. I certainly will never be using this service again and will be sure to advise anyone I speak with to do the same!

On July 8, I paid $58.00 per ticket for the NBA summer league championship game in Las Vegas at SeatGeek. Once we arrived at the site, we realized that the same exact tickets (free seating) are sold by the UNLV ticketing office live for $30.00 per ticket. There were plenty of seats/tickets left for the game. I expect SeatGeek to eliminate these ticket-scalping SCAM inventory and am surprised that the transaction was allowed to go through. I asked for a refund of the price difference, but was rejected with a response of "We're sorry to hear that there were more affordable tickets at the box office, but tickets on the secondary market are often priced higher than face value, which is allowed. Because of this, we are unable to refund your order."

They provide absolutely ZERO value in ensuring that the inventory pricing is legit (and in some cases legal). Event: 2017 NBA Summer League Championship. Venue: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, NV. Time: Mon, Jul 17 at 1 pm. Section: ga. Row: ga. Price per ticket: $58.00. Quantity 2. Delivery fee: $0.00. Total cost: $116.00.

Purchased 2 tickets online at SeatGeek for Bruno Mars concert. At the time of the event when the tickets was scanned at the door the ticket read returned. I called SeatGeek and they were unable to help. I wanted refund but SeatGeek could not provide refund until an investigation was done. Upset, embarrassed, and disappointment is the only thing SeatGeek provided me and my daughter who only wanted to see her favorite artist live. This issue still haven't been resolve. DO NOT BUY FROM SEATGEEK!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

We purchased tickets from SeatGeek as they guaranteed fair market value. After we purchased we realized they charged us double the cost. We asked for a refund on the tickets and they said no refunds. We asked to visit with the supervisor and they would not put the supervisor on the telephone with me. Not sure what kind of company this is. However, I would strongly advise to stay away from ever ordering tickets through them. They are not reputable.

Purchased tickets to Def Leppard/Poison in Vegas for 6/17/17. Got a notification thru their app to have them scan my tickets at the door on 6/16/17. We then traveled 300 miles, and spent a few hundred dollars, to celebrate our honeymoon in Vegas. We arrived at the venue and the attendant scanned the tickets. Both tickets were invalid. SeatGeek customer service did offer a refund and discount on future purchase, but that was not a fix for a ruined honeymoon.

Since there are so many scams on the internet and since some had complain about SeatGeek I began asking myself if the tickets I purchased online were real. I purchased 2 tickets to a Met game since I wanted to take my son with me. On June 14th as me and my son were approaching the entrance gate I was silently saying to myself: "Oh please let these tickets be real" and guess what, they were, hooray for SeatGeek. Both my son and I saw the Mets play the World Champion Chicago Cubs and they beat them 9-4. As far as I'm concern you can rely on SeatGeek.

I had read reviews on SeatGeek and thought I understood what could go wrong and avoided that. However, I got caught, too! We are headed cross-country for a big birthday celebration and wanted tickets to a Tony-winning show. The Ticketmaster service fees were almost the price of the tickets, so I looked for alternatives and read up on SeatGeek.

I bought two tickets, had a reasonable service charge assessed ($25 for two tickets instead of more than $150 for two via Ticketmaster). I got a screen response with a confirmation code, kept that window open and began watching my email for the ticket confirmation to arrive. After more than an hour, I decided to take a screenshot of what had popped up on the SeatGeek site, saved the file and went to bed.

I checked and my credit card has a pending charge for the related amount. Still no email. We're now more than 12 hours later. I've been asked by SeatGeek to review them and did. They sent a follow up, asking why the low review. I wrote back and explained. No reply. I finally emailed them and asked about why I was charged for tickets, got a confirmation number for tickets, but still had no email with info about the tickets. At that point, I learned that they are only a broker and don't actually have the tickets. So, they referred me to their vendor -- Telecharge. So, I had to phone Telecharge, give them my confirmation number, address, phone number, email, etc. And, now they say they'll send me the email confirmation in another 3 hours.

If I order from Amazon and they subrogate my order, they (Amazon) makes it right. I don't have to track down another vendor. I told this to SeatGeek and they said they would try to move that direction and would share my insights. Bull! They have been in business for 8 or more years and still don't have this figured out? I'm hoping my email confirmation arrives. And, I am hoping it's not all a scam. But, don't expect SeatGeek to honor their commitment to you. And, don't expect that their vendors will be timely, either. Not a fan!

My wife of 1 week purchased tickets to a Cleveland Indians game may 29th. On that morning in her inbox was a verification of the tickets. After an hour and a half drive and a hour waiting to get in the gate we were informed our tickets were canceled, a freaking waste of a day thank you!!! She is now fighting with this company to get a refund. Never use this business. What a joke.

We bought two tix to Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa in Ottawa for May 19th. The entire process showed this as the date and had the time correct. When the tickets were downloaded it was actually for May 1st. We didn't realize this until we entered the stadium. We had purchased flights and hotels for our weekend in Ottawa. SeatGeek refunded the tix and are sending out a 20% ($72) inconvenience cheque, but we're out over $1000 from the transaction since we had to fly to the game. It was so disappointing. Check your ticket download before you make any further arrangements. SeatGeek, don't sell the wrong tickets!!! We will never use them again.

Thank you for your horrible customer service! I will never attempt to purchase tickets again through your company. On Monday, March 27th 2017 I purchased tickets for a hockey game in St. Louis. Based on the mapping on your website it showed the tickets I thought I was buying as in the "CLUB" section of 113. It did not list the seat numbers and therefore based on the depiction of your "Dot" looked as if they would be in the all inclusive area. They were not and for a few dollars more I could have purchased the tickets I wanted in the correct section.

I spoke with support and was given a runaround response. He first told me he could not transfer me to someone that would have better answers than him because the phones do not allow it. I find it hard to believe in 2017 your phone system prevents from placing someone on hold and transferred. Then I was told to send in an email and the response would be given timely. I never received a response. The man I spoke to on the phone said he would call back within the hour as well for answers. Never received that call. I will continue to write horrible reviews about your company thanks to this experience.

I purchased four tickets on this website for the first time and what a mistake it was. This company is absolutely despicable and an absolute incompetent company, after one month of going back and forth with them they cannot give me a straight answer regarding their vendor. I later came to find out the reason being they can't give me a straight answer is because their vendor has been ignoring them for a month. What a weak and despicable company that allows a vendor take more than that matter yet still sell on their site. Don't waste your time with this company. Take your business somewhere else.

Next to buying the tix directly this is a solid option. Multiple options make me feel safe for transactions especially knowing if it goes sideways I have multiple avenues to get my funds back just in case. It's good to know you can cancel if something comes up. I've been in situations where a major event comes up and I can't go to schedule event. Refund options are of utmost importance.

Greatest and largest database and greatest selection for tickets and concerts. It's great and you can get great deals. I would recommend this service and tell others about it. Payment options are always convenient. They pretty much accept any form of payment that is convenient for most buyers. It's a great database and very convenient. I haven't had to cancel anything recently since I was very happy when I purchased the tickets. Nothing was unprofessional or inconvenient during the process. I was very happy. Offers cancellation policies in a timely manner. It's a very convenient service especially with all the local events nearby me.

They had so many different types of tickets. It is truly incredible but made choosing rather hard. However I got the best price on mine and was happy to receive and use it. I loved the diverse set of payment methods they offer. It truly made my day since most places only offer one or two rather mundane methods but it was a nice surprising change. Their cancellation policy comes in handy if your financial situation is suddenly altered as mine was and they were exceptional at canceling and were very understanding and kind to me. I never personally had to use their refund policy but judging by their other offerings and my own experiences with them I feel like their refunding is probably exceptional.

This site has the best prices and always has what I am searching for and if they don't I can request it. Also they are very helpful. Any time I have questions or concerns I call the customer support line and they answer all my questions and take care of my every need. You can pay anyway you want or choose. They have even talked about getting a check option but I have not followed up on that subject to whether they did or not. Payments are instant and very legit. Their cancellation policy is understandable and legit. Once you cancel your money is redirected on your card almost instantly. You do have to pay a small fee for canceling though. Their refund options are very broad and down to earth. This company is very understandable. It does not take long to get your refund. You just go through an automated questionnaire then speak to a live representative as to why you want to have a refund.

The offered selection was very good with a lot of variety. What they offered seemed reliable and useful. They provided a good amount of information for each selection. The payment's options were highly useful. They offered payment options that would work for a vast amount of people who are seeking different options. The cancellation policy was very easy and reliable. They kept information confidential and made the cancellation process easy with little to no irritations.

Their refund options are very useful. They have created options for anyone who is looking for a refund, and they have policies set for refunds.

I used SeatGeek to find tickets for an NFL football game. I bought 3 tickets for a scheduled Thursday night game at a cost of $174 of which about $26 were fees. SeatGeek doesn't provide tickets, it locates a third party ticket seller. The tickets actually came through UberSeat which is equally, if not more, guilty than SeatGeek. Tickets were purchased on Sunday for the game on the following Thursday. On Monday the NFL changed the game to Wednesday due to a tropical depression that was threatening game night in Tampa Bay, Florida. My 2 friends and I would not be in town on Wednesday and the tickets are of no use to us. Starting Monday night I tried to get a refund and have learned that neither SeatGeek or UberSeat will refund any transaction due to a change in event schedules. How does that seem right? I bought tickets for Thursday not Wednesday.

While neither ticket seller has control over the change in schedule they certainly ought to be able to make refunds on tickets not yet expired. So the NFL gets about 148 of my dollars, and SeatGeek and Uberseat share in some 26 more of my dollars and I am left with nothing and no recourse. I would be more forgiving if the date had not changed and my circumstances didn't allow me to attend on the original date. But to sell tickets to an event and then pull the carpet out from under me by changing the date is certainly unfair.

Don't let the term guarantee fool you. They guarantee to send you a ticket but there is no refund or return policy for any transaction. Changing the date of an event is no different than cancelling the show if the new date is not viable for you. There should be a refund for dates cancelled or changed. The contract between me and the ticket vendors was for a specific date/time/place. If that changes then the vendor has broken the contract because the tickets are essentially for an event that didn't take place on that date and time. What is the point of these ticket sellers if they just charge fees and don't provide any assurances. Buy direct from the box office.

Bought tickets for a game, got them cheaper than other sites I looked at, very happy with purchase. Would come back again and buy tickets from this site in the future. I paid with credit card but there were other options, PayPal and debit as well gift card access. There were plenty of ways to pay. Cancel within 30 days and you get your money back. You can get a full refund with whoever you purchased the tickets so for me it would've went back on my credit card.

I would recommend because they make it so easy for you to find tickets to anything you want to see whether it is a concert or a theater show or if you have a favorite sports team you would like to see. I am happy with the payment option. They accept all major credit cards such as Discover MasterCard visa and American Express. I also like that they are instant download tickets and are available minutes after you request. I like the cancellation policy. It is very easy and they help every step of the way and it does not take long for them to refund your money back to your credit card. I am happy with the refund options. It is very easy to get a refund. You get it quick and they are very helpful in getting you your refund. I would definitely recommend this service to people.

I found my tickets quickly and easily. Overall I was completely satisfied with everything. They had plenty of different payment options. I chose to just go ahead and use my debit card but if you didn't have one or wanted to use a different option there was plenty to choose from that would fit your needs. We didn't use the cancellation policy so I'm not exactly sure how amazing it is, but they informed us about if we were to cancel and it sounded pretty good. They sounded like they were willing to work with you on getting your money back.

It was easy to obtain tickets through this vendor. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to buy tickets to an event. It is very easy to use. The payment options basically sell themselves. The cancellation policy was almost easier to use than it was to purchase the tickets. Although we did not have to use this certain policy it certainly is good to know about and to have on hand. The refund options are probably in my opinion better than everything else related to the other packaging. It is so easy to obtain a refund.

This website offered everything I was looking for when it came to buying tickets. The prices were exceptional and the buying process was extremely easy.

This is by far the best ticket selection ever. This is where you can actually see the seat that are open for you to purchase. Once you see what I mean you are hooked. This is as easy as 1-2-3 and you get choose how you would like to pay. There are many options available and it's what's best for you the customer. There is no better policy out there if you need to cancel. They are totally customer service and they know things happen. They really want you the customer to come back time and time again and this is why they have so many different refund options out there. Look them up and check it out.

It was like heaven buying that, wish I had done it earlier. I would definitely do this again. It was so helpful in ways I can't explain and you probably can't imagine. My parents use it more than I do to be honest because they took a liking to it just like me. Pay with your Debit or Credit Card. The cancellation policy was fine in my opinion. There were bare options.

Given that I was ordering tickets at a last minute notice, I was very surprised by numerous available seating options and they were priced rather fairly. The Payment options are pretty cool. You can receive payout through your bank or Venmo. I have yet to cancel on SeatGeek but by all appearances it seems to be a smooth and easy process. I can't find any negative reviews of people having issues with their cancellation. Just as with the cancellation option, I have yet to exercise the refund option. But I haven't seen any negative reviews in regards to their refund policy or process either.

They offer a great selection which I really thought was great and helpful. I like when you have some options to choose from. It makes things so much easier and less stressful. They offer some different kind of payment options which I really liked and use. Really helpful as well cause then you know they know what they are doing and they really want your business. It was cool they seemed to understand life is always changing and you need to change with it so you need a company that understands that and can really help take some of the stress away. They offer good refund options which I really thought was great and really helpful cause you want to know who you're dealing with and that you can get your money back if things don't work out without any hassle.

The selection was great. I have never seen so many choices on one site. It was all there for me and I got exactly what I wanted without feeling ripped doing it. I used my PayPal to pay but there was tons of way I could have paid using debits or credits even probably prepaid cards if you got cash on there. If you would have to cancel I would say it would be very easy. I did not cancel. I kept my tickets and loved my show. No need to cancel when you got a great deal. I could have got a refund if needed right back to the payment option I chose to pay with but I did not need to but the process made me feel same if I need.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

SeatGeek is an online ticket aggregator that provides customers with an easy way to find events and purchase tickets. Working with other ticket vendors means that SeatGeek offers more listings than many other online or retail vendors.

• Huge inventory: SeatGeek boasts "the largest inventory on the web," listing more than 400,000 tickets for arts and theater, concerts and sports.
  • Interactive 3D maps: Know exactly where you will be sitting in relation to the band or stage when you purchase your tickets.
  • Mobile app: Search for and purchase event tickets from your mobile device.
  • Notifications: Receive alerts when your favorite bands, plays or teams are scheduled to appear near you.
  • Resell your tickets: Sign up to easily post a listing for your unusable tickets and sell them via SeatGeek.
  • Best for SeatGeek has tickets for music concerts and sporting events, making it best for concert-goers and sports enthusiasts.

Compare Ticket Websites