3.3/5 (2090 ratings)

About SeatGeek

SeatGeek helps customers find and compare ticket prices for events and concerts across the United States. SeatGeek has a money-back guarantee, works to make sure you receive your tickets on time and offers transparent pricing on all sales.

Pros

• Rating insights
  • No fees
  • Transparent pricing
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Not the largest selection
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Although SeatGeek doesn’t have the largest selection of all ticket companies, its transparent pricing and simple rating model make it a great option for ticket shopping.

Top SeatGeek Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

SeatGeek is my go to for finding tickets. The ability to see a price score and even the view of the field from a potential section of a stadium/arena is a huge plus. I'll always p...

Verified

This is the first time we use Seat Geek, and we were extremely pleased!! It was very easy to complete the transaction and get our tickets!! We experienced no problems whatsoever. ...

What is SeatGeek?

SeatGeek is a ticket search engine that helps customers find and purchase affordable tickets to events all across the nation. All tickets sold by marketplace vendors offer a full money-back guarantee — sometimes even more than the ticket price — if the event is canceled or the ticket isn’t provided on time. SeatGeek has transparent prices, and all fees are included in the total cost of the ticket.

How does SeatGeek work?

SeatGeek searches multiple ticket sites to help you find the best available seats at a low price. SeatGeek offers a rating system called Deal Score that shows you how good a deal a ticket is compared to other sites, and the company provides options to help you decide which to purchase.

The tickets on SeatGeek are from primary markets that have allocated inventory to SeatGeek, like MLS, NBA or NFL teams, ticket brokers reselling tickets or individual sellers who purchased tickets and can’t attend the event.

How much are SeatGeek fees?

Unlike some sites, SeatGeek does not charge a flat fee for tickets. Instead, fees for purchasing tickets vary depending on the event, artist, venue and seat location. This means that fees can be expensive in some cases, but they can sometimes be more affordable than buying from primary markets. The fees are included in the total price and are not a surprise when you finalize the purchase.

SeatGeek FAQ

Is SeatGeek reliable?
Yes, SeatGeek is reliable. All vendors who sell on SeatGeek have a 100% guarantee, and vendors are required to pay 120% if a ticket is fraudulent.
How long does it take to receive tickets from SeatGeek?
For e-tickets or mobile transfers, tickets are sent to your account within 24 hours of the event, meaning you likely will not receive them right away. Shipped tickets arrive within 48 hours of the event.
Are SeatGeek seats together?
Yes. Tickets in the same listing are adjacent to each other unless stated otherwise in the seller’s notes.
Are SeatGeek tickets guaranteed?
Yes, all SeatGeek tickets are secured by a guarantee.
Does SeatGeek verify tickets?
From our research, it doesn’t appear that SeatGeek verifies tickets. However, tickets do include guarantees in case a ticket is fraudulent.
Why is SeatGeek so expensive?
SeatGeek includes its fees in the prices, so its prices may seem more expensive upfront because there are no hidden fees.

Is SeatGeek legit?

SeatGeek is a legitimate way to compare and purchase tickets from different vendors and venues. It works with companies that offer guarantees on their tickets, like Eventbrite, and requires third-party sellers to guarantee 120% of a ticket if it ends up being fake or double purchased. The company has transparent pricing and includes fees in the upfront cost, which makes it easy to understand exactly how much a ticket costs when comparing prices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Original review: June 12, 2022

On their website they offer return up to to 72 hours before event. When you try to do so they refer you to another page in small print telling you the return is for credit only. After emails that were responded to poorly and after delays I attempted to exchange my tickets for credit. The fee for the new tickets was double that of comparable sites, There were fees attached to both transactions. The service the misrepresentations and the fees made this the worst experience I have ever had with a ticket seller and I have had dozens going both ways. Stay away at all costs.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I paid $180 for concert tickets through re-seller SeatGeek. I was nervous when I read that often tickets will be emailed within 24 hours of the performance. Nevertheless I decided to trust the process. Day of the concert came, no tickets. I chatted with customer support. I was told there was no record of any tickets being sent to my email address or ordered from me. I screen-shotted my bank statement where it showed I had paid, months earlier. The customer service rep had no answers for me. Given that the tickets were a birthday present to my daughter, and getting nowhere with SeatGeek, one hour before the concert I purchased new tickets through a different re-seller. Then I got an email from SeatGeek customer service saying they HAD found my email after all, and their records showed I had received the tickets. Since I did not receive any tickets and had now paid for them twice, I asked for a refund. SeatGeek refused.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I purchased two tickets to the Elton John concert in Columbus, OH, scheduled for 4/25/20, but it was cancelled due to Covid. It was rescheduled for 4/12/22. When we arrived at the arena, our tickets did not appear on my phone app. I contacted SeatGeek's customer service, and we messaged back and forth for an hour-and-a-half. The customer service rep said she looked and could not find where our tickets were, but she did have the original invoice showing that I paid $686 for two tickets. She then said she was going to try to contact the seller. What? Two years after I bought the tickets and you're contacting the seller? Shouldn't those tickets have been surrendered by the seller at the moment I purchased them?

We did not get in to see the concert. Over the next couple of days, the rep and I continued to communicate via messenger. She asked for verification that I had paid for the tickets, including asking me for the last 4 digits of my credit card and other information. A few days later she wrote that her support team decided to give me a 50% refund. I declined, stating that I should not be held financially responsible for the tickets since I never received them. I asked for a 100% refund. This has now gone on for almost two months, and I keep getting the run-around. Just the other day the rep said her support team had decided to offer me a 75% refund. NO, I want a 100% refund...and I went on to remind the rep about SeatGeek's refund policy as it pertained to my situation.

I then wrote to her, asking for an explanation as to why SeatGeek is not giving me a total refund. Her response was: "I've raised your concern again to our higher support team and already got their response. And as per them, we can offer you a 75% promo code refund. Since you had plenty of time to request for a retransfer and you could have also checked their SG account for the transfer link." ...Tina, SeatGeek Customer Service

I don't know what that means. Oh, a few weeks earlier the rep said I wouldn't receive a full refund because I didn't attend the concert. Well no ####. OK, I feel silly even explaining this one, but since I had not gotten the tickets, as we had discussed several times, how would I have gotten into the concert? Does that mean if I had gone to the concert, SeatGeek would have refunded my money for tickets I didn't receive to get into the concert? Try to wrap your head around that logic. So, let's imagine, just for fun, that the SeatGeek Fairy came to town, waved her Magic SeatGeek Wand, and beamed us into the concert. In that theoretical but ridiculous setting, why would I be asking for a refund?

Original review: June 9, 2022

I bought concert tickets 2 years ago a month before Covid happened. I was using my phone to purchase tickets to a concert and I clicked on the section I wanted and had it all set and when I actually clicked on buy and received my tickets I was now the owner of tickets to the wrong section. A section I DID NOT choose, it's like as soon as I hit purchase the section changed but I was charged the same. I ended up with tickets worth waaay less than what I actually paid for them. Customer service was of no help. They said I got the tickets I purchased and I told them I know what section I had added to my cart and what actually came through after the purchase was not correct. There was no way for me to prove it because who takes screenshots of your cart prior to purchasing, you just trust you are going to get what you have added in there. They told me to sell them, who in their right mind would pay double for tickets when they could buy them cheaper?!

I would not get my money back and I couldn't cancel or get a refund. Even now that the concert has finally happened the section that I paid over $500 per ticket for were now selling for $267 NUTS ($500 tickets are super close to the stage and I was not). I know I was gypped. I would NEVER EVER go through SeatGeek again and I do tell everyone I know not to. They made what was supposed to be a FUN once in a lifetime experience so awful. I can't stop thinking about how I was ripped off and nothing was done about it.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I purchased two single seats to a Garth Brooks concert. Seat Geek Website said on each occasion that purchase cannot be completed. I went through all the steps again. I then got stuck with four seats and immediately contacted them. Lenrell, their agent, after a half hour of texting said he was forwarding file to the Service Team and he’d get back to me asap. Two weeks and no response so contacted Customer Service and followed up with Harold. I finally got a message saying too bad; nothing they can do and I should use SeatGeek to resell. This despite the website malfunction was entirely their fault and despite the fact I immediately contacted them upon discovery. I was dealing with crooks and thieves! Deal with them at your peril!

Original review: May 24, 2022

I purchased tickets to a baseball game in the section I wanted to sit in and I was given tickets in a cheaper section that I did not want to sit in. I was not credited the difference in price, fees, and taxes for the difference. SeatGeek has refused to be helpful.

Original review: May 13, 2022

We bought tickets for a hockey game. It was cancelled. They refused to refund my money right away. They said it would be 3-4 weeks. I had to email and chat multiple times before being told my refund was being processed. Still haven’t received it. Hopefully I’ll get it in the 3-5 day timeframe they've now promised.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I purchased two tickets for Boots in the Park and the fees were 40% of the ticket price. I discovered only 5 minutes later that I was able to get the same tickets for 10% fees at a different ticketing vendor/merchant. I quickly requested for a refund, however, 10 business days later I received an email indicating I now have SeatGeek credit for the total amount of the ticket plus the astronomical fees that must be used within a year. If and when I use the credit, I will again be charged the fees for the new purchase of tickets from SeatGeek! This is unfair and poor business practice.

Resolution response: April 27, 2022

Update 04/26/22: I received my tickets the next day. They were actually through Ticketmaster and sold on Seat Geek. I increased my rating to 3 stars because it worked out in the end. I'm keeping 2 stars off for the buying experience.

It's pretty evident that the Seat Geek customer service rep was just reading me a script and not actually researching my individual issue. If she had, she would have seen that the tickets were actually coming from Ticketmaster and that I should have my tickets within 24 hours. Not 3 months. Also, not being able to tell me exactly what seats I just paid for are is another annoyance. Won't be using them again.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I just bought tickets on the Seat Geek platform. The only plus was that it was easy to use. They charged me a hefty premium for the tickets. That's on me. But once I entered my credit card info and submitted my order I was expecting to at least know exactly where my seats were. Not just a general area. Not so lucky. I have to wait 3 months to find out what I just paid for. I tried calling customer service. Oh look, no phone number. Sign number 1 you are dealing with a company that is shady. Reputable companies will have a phone number to discuss customer issues.

I was able to do a chat with a rep. She wasn't able to give me any info or a refund. She said the tickets have already been allocated to me and can't be returned. I asked a common sense question: if the tickets can't be returned because they've already been allocated to me, how come you don't know where they are. She said I'll find out when I get them in 3 months. These tickets were supposed to be a gift. Happy birthday. Here's a receipt for some tickets for seats that are somewhere around this area on the seat map that will hopefully show up in 3 months or so. First and last time using this company.

Original review: April 23, 2022

We were looking for tickets for the Final Four. I purchased the tickets inadvertently when trying to look at different sites. I tried to cancel immediately, but there is no customer service available. I sent numerous emails and tried to contact them all to no avail. THERE IS STILL NO ONE TO CONTACT. The fine print also said I had 72 hours to refund, but that is NOT the case. You get a credit and you can only use it on one event. I just wanted my money back and contacted them immediately. DO NOT USE SEATGEEK.

SeatGeek Company Information