2.63/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

41 SeatGeek Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

IDK what is going on there but I have been emailing back and forth (37 times so far) trying to get money from tickets I bought over a month ago, are you guys a real company. They say that it was my mistake and would take 30 days to get the Venmo and still after that nothing and same runaround email with company Miranda? Either you guys are a fake or Miranda is the worst employee in the world. I’ve never gone out of my way to say anything about any company but I’m still waiting for you to hear from Miranda who needs to hear from your payment department so no I’m going to spread the word every way I can. Never selling a ticket online again and only buying tickets from StubHub. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Bought tickets to a Bob Seger concert on October 9, 2017 for a October 24th concert. The concert was already cancelled before I purchased the tickets. The company selling the tickets, (Fan Exchange through SeatGeek), never informed me that the concert was already cancelled when I purchased the tickets. Although, in SeatGeek bylaws and conditions it states that it won’t sell tickets of concerts that have been cancelled or postponed.

I called SeatGeek and they stated that they didn’t sell the tickets and to contact Fan Exchange as that was the seller of the tickets even though I went through the SeatGeek website to purchase the tickets. Went to the venue to find out that the concert had been postponed to a later date. After some research found out that the concert had been cancelled before I even bought the tickets. Contacted both SeatGeek and Fan Exchange to get a refund. SeatGeek said to contact Fan Exchange. Fan Exchange said that they wouldn’t give a refund and we should have known that the concert was cancelled because they sent out an email on the 4th of Oct. They were still selling tickets for upcoming concerts that were cancelled to date.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Last night, SeatGeek first couldn't verify my AMEX card address but miraculously could verify my MasterCard address (which is the same). Then they email me an email confirmation. I click on the email confirmation button and it says they can't verify my email. YOU JUST EMAILED ME!!! Then this morning, they CANCELED MY ORDER. Great job SeatLosers. Will never ever use your services again. Period.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I purchased tickets through SeatGeek. They actually came from Ticketfly. Upon calling SeatGeek I was told to look up the phone number and call Ticketfly. Upon calling Ticketfly I was told they could not contact the broker. They said they gave the broker a cut off time of 6 pm est. and to call them back at that time. When I called at 6:01 pm est. I received a voice message stating their office hours are 9 am to 6 pm est. I called SeatGeek and basically they said, “Sorry you are already at the game but there is nothing we can do.” I asked for a manager, which none were available. Then I was promised a callback the next day. It's been 4 days and I have not heard from SeatGeek. Maybe I should press #1 to buy tickets. I bet someone will answer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

SeatGeek is a marketplace not a vendor. They don't actually have tangible tickets. They are just a third party to reach out to the seller to let them know they found a buyer. I luckily ordered a few weeks before my event and had a backup plan in place after reading reviews. I never received my tickets but I was able to get a 100% refund plus an extra 20% refund through the mail. SeatGeek acts as a third party who reaches out to sellers when buyers are interested in tickets. I definitely would not recommend if you need tickets right away and always have a backup plan. The reason I gave a 4 is because I spoke to 4 different people the day before my event and I had 3 people tell me I would not get a refund on my money but get better tickets. Then the 4th person I talked to assured me I could get a refund or better tickets whichever I preferred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I read many negative reviews of SeatGeek.com prior to making my purchase so was prepared for anything. However, my experience was smooth and I ended up with a great deal on a sold out Broadway show. Seats were amazing. Purchased less than 24 hours before the show and I only paid a little more than double the face value (which for this show is a huge bargain). Since it was a last minute trip into the city, I was prepared to make other plans if these fell through. I found the tickets (actual seller was fanxchange – keep in mind that SeatGeek is an aggregator – so that site maybe gets some of the credit) on a Sat night and placed the order at 10:25 pm that night. As of 10:00 am the following morning, and despite the fact that these were eTickets, my order had not been confirmed nor had I received my tickets.

I filled out the SeatGeek survey (generally recommend waiting to do that until you actually have your tix in hand) saying I was unsatisfied and also emailed fanxchange (from whom I'd also received "we got your order" email the night before). Within 30 minutes (Sunday morning by 10:30-ish) I had my confirmation and the PDF of the tickets. I was still a little worried that upon reaching the theater they wouldn't scan (I've read all the stories). However, they did, the seats were GREAT and the show was amazing. I do think the tickets could have been provided right away (instead of my having to follow up and threatening to cancel my order), but I give them a little forgiveness since it was a Saturday night / Sunday morning and neither company probably has staff overnight on the weekend.

Bottom line, I would use them again and recommend them, but most likely only if eTicketing is available, if the deal was good (some of the deal ratings do not seem to align with the value but this one did), and if it was an event that is a "nice to have" experience vs. a lifetime dream. I don't know that I would put all my eggs in this basket if these tickets were a gift or something really important to me, but for a last minute opportunity to see a sold out show it worked great for me. Very satisfied, but like all things do your homework and be prepared if things don't turn out the way you'd planned. SeatGeek does not have control over the sellers (or even the resellers like fanxchange) and things CAN go wrong. In my case I got exactly what I wanted for a great price.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have used SeatGeek in the past and thought I'd try again despite having a rough first encounter. This last time I tried to place an order for MLB playoff tickets and had my order canceled just before the game. If you try and use a promo code on their website they will reject it even though it is sold by them. The promo codes do not have any exclusions except for that it has to be sold by SeatGeek which my tickets were. I tried calling customer service three times and each time a supervisor is supposed to call me back within the hour.

I am now on the second day waiting, The game has passed and I had to pay a higher rate for tickets from a local scalper. They have no customer service. They ship you overseas to people who literally hang up the phone when I asked to wait on the line for a supervisor instead of being called back. Don't waste your time with this horrible company. Pay the extra money for a legitimate company and don't get screwed right before the game.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

They do not tell you that they tack on 100% profit. They want you to read a long terms and conditions and put it at the bottom in Section II. There are no refunds or exchanges after they charge more than they should. They think they deserve the right to do this based on popularity. Horrible customer service. Buy from StubHub or Ticketmaster. My friends and I found out the hard way.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I bought tickets 2 hours before a show and the tickets never processed, they have terrible customer service and didn't do anything to help the situation. We ended up driving to the show and not getting in. Seatgeek is the worst.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I read some of the other reviews AFTER I ordered the tickets, so I was prepared for the worst. I pushed the order button at about 10 a.m., and received my tickets about noon on the same day. While I understand the concerns expressed by other reviewers, such as not getting tickets even weeks after ordering, I believe they might have purchased those on SeatGeek's third party vendors, which is a definite issue that SeatGeek MUST address! I'm not sure if my tickets came directly from SeatGeek or a third party vendor, so I cannot address those concerns; I encountered TERRIFIC service and would be willing to use SeatGeek again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Purchased tickets for a football game for very specific seats. Paid and order confirm by company. Received email a week or so prior to the event that the seats changed... Mine were great, alternative okay but worse than what I had. Offered a $20 refund or full refund. Too late to get other tickets at a decent price at this point. To add insult to injury, two days prior to event still hadn't received tickets. Reached out and they were express mailed. Unacceptable! I lost money. How do you go after a company like this? Awful experience and will never use again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I purchased four tickets for the Dodger vs. Giant game on September 12, 2017. When we got to the gate, only three of the four tickets worked. I had to visit customer service at the Giants stadium. Customer Service told me that the season ticket holder called and had the ticket held for someone else. I called SeatGeek and spoke to Mari. She apologized for the inconvenience and offered me ONE ticket not near my family.

I told her I didn't drive 3 three hours for a baseball game not to sit with my family. She offered us four comparable tickets on the first base side and said she would email me the new tickets. Since it was the end of the fourth inning, the customer service lady gave me a ticket to get into the stadium to see my family. In the meantime, SeatGeek called my daughter's phone and offered a refund plus 20%, which my daughter accepted. A week later, we have yet to receive the new tickets or a refund. I will NEVER purchase from SeatGeek again!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Bought MLB tickets from SeatGeek. After I bought them I was instructed I would have to sign up for a completely different website. Then I'd have to download an app onto my phone from yet another company in order to get my tickets. Then tickets never arrive and there's 3 middlemen between the original owner and myself to point fingers at each other about who's to blame. Would never have bought if they had been upfront about the process I'd have to go through.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

SeatGeek is far from a reliable source. The system is set up as an aggregator, where they charge your credit card, and then leave it up to the third party to deliver the tickets. They do not verify if tickets are available at the time of sale. I found myself in a situation where I purchased same day tickets, the charge went through, the tickets were confirmed, and three hours later I received notification that the tickets were unavailable. SeatGeek, and the ticketnetwork.com both pointed fingers at each other and neither was willing to accept responsibility for providing accurate information on the SeatGeek site about the tickets that were posted. Very weak operation!

Original review: July 27, 2017

I ordered tickets for a July 28th concert on July 5th. It is now July 27th and I still don't have my tickets. After a dozen phone calls to SeatGeek, each one assuring me that "the tickets were in the mail", I never received my tickets. After reading many online reviews, I know understand that there is a good chance I will never receive my tickets, a refund, or satisfaction of any kind. My only hope is that the good folks at SeatGeek, get a bad sunburn, stub their collective toes, and fall off a cliff. I certainly will never be using this service again and will be sure to advise anyone I speak with to do the same!

Original review: July 27, 2017

On July 8, I paid $58.00 per ticket for the NBA summer league championship game in Las Vegas at SeatGeek. Once we arrived at the site, we realized that the same exact tickets (free seating) are sold by the UNLV ticketing office live for $30.00 per ticket. There were plenty of seats/tickets left for the game. I expect SeatGeek to eliminate these ticket-scalping SCAM inventory and am surprised that the transaction was allowed to go through. I asked for a refund of the price difference, but was rejected with a response of "We're sorry to hear that there were more affordable tickets at the box office, but tickets on the secondary market are often priced higher than face value, which is allowed. Because of this, we are unable to refund your order."

They provide absolutely ZERO value in ensuring that the inventory pricing is legit (and in some cases legal). Event: 2017 NBA Summer League Championship. Venue: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, NV. Time: Mon, Jul 17 at 1 pm. Section: ga. Row: ga. Price per ticket: $58.00. Quantity 2. Delivery fee: $0.00. Total cost: $116.00.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Purchased 2 tickets online at SeatGeek for Bruno Mars concert. At the time of the event when the tickets was scanned at the door the ticket read returned. I called SeatGeek and they were unable to help. I wanted refund but SeatGeek could not provide refund until an investigation was done. Upset, embarrassed, and disappointment is the only thing SeatGeek provided me and my daughter who only wanted to see her favorite artist live. This issue still haven't been resolve. DO NOT BUY FROM SEATGEEK!

Original review: July 18, 2017

We purchased tickets from SeatGeek as they guaranteed fair market value. After we purchased we realized they charged us double the cost. We asked for a refund on the tickets and they said no refunds. We asked to visit with the supervisor and they would not put the supervisor on the telephone with me. Not sure what kind of company this is. However, I would strongly advise to stay away from ever ordering tickets through them. They are not reputable.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Purchased tickets to Def Leppard/Poison in Vegas for 6/17/17. Got a notification thru their app to have them scan my tickets at the door on 6/16/17. We then traveled 300 miles, and spent a few hundred dollars, to celebrate our honeymoon in Vegas. We arrived at the venue and the attendant scanned the tickets. Both tickets were invalid. SeatGeek customer service did offer a refund and discount on future purchase, but that was not a fix for a ruined honeymoon.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Since there are so many scams on the internet and since some had complain about SeatGeek I began asking myself if the tickets I purchased online were real. I purchased 2 tickets to a Met game since I wanted to take my son with me. On June 14th as me and my son were approaching the entrance gate I was silently saying to myself: "Oh please let these tickets be real" and guess what, they were, hooray for SeatGeek. Both my son and I saw the Mets play the World Champion Chicago Cubs and they beat them 9-4. As far as I'm concern you can rely on SeatGeek.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I had read reviews on SeatGeek and thought I understood what could go wrong and avoided that. However, I got caught, too! We are headed cross-country for a big birthday celebration and wanted tickets to a Tony-winning show. The Ticketmaster service fees were almost the price of the tickets, so I looked for alternatives and read up on SeatGeek.

I bought two tickets, had a reasonable service charge assessed ($25 for two tickets instead of more than $150 for two via Ticketmaster). I got a screen response with a confirmation code, kept that window open and began watching my email for the ticket confirmation to arrive. After more than an hour, I decided to take a screenshot of what had popped up on the SeatGeek site, saved the file and went to bed.

I checked and my credit card has a pending charge for the related amount. Still no email. We're now more than 12 hours later. I've been asked by SeatGeek to review them and did. They sent a follow up, asking why the low review. I wrote back and explained. No reply. I finally emailed them and asked about why I was charged for tickets, got a confirmation number for tickets, but still had no email with info about the tickets. At that point, I learned that they are only a broker and don't actually have the tickets. So, they referred me to their vendor -- Telecharge. So, I had to phone Telecharge, give them my confirmation number, address, phone number, email, etc. And, now they say they'll send me the email confirmation in another 3 hours.

If I order from Amazon and they subrogate my order, they (Amazon) makes it right. I don't have to track down another vendor. I told this to SeatGeek and they said they would try to move that direction and would share my insights. Bull! They have been in business for 8 or more years and still don't have this figured out? I'm hoping my email confirmation arrives. And, I am hoping it's not all a scam. But, don't expect SeatGeek to honor their commitment to you. And, don't expect that their vendors will be timely, either. Not a fan!

Original review: May 29, 2017

My wife of 1 week purchased tickets to a Cleveland Indians game may 29th. On that morning in her inbox was a verification of the tickets. After an hour and a half drive and a hour waiting to get in the gate we were informed our tickets were canceled, a freaking waste of a day thank you!!! She is now fighting with this company to get a refund. Never use this business. What a joke.

Original review: May 26, 2017

We bought two tix to Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa in Ottawa for May 19th. The entire process showed this as the date and had the time correct. When the tickets were downloaded it was actually for May 1st. We didn't realize this until we entered the stadium. We had purchased flights and hotels for our weekend in Ottawa. SeatGeek refunded the tix and are sending out a 20% ($72) inconvenience cheque, but we're out over $1000 from the transaction since we had to fly to the game. It was so disappointing. Check your ticket download before you make any further arrangements. SeatGeek, don't sell the wrong tickets!!! We will never use them again.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Thank you for your horrible customer service! I will never attempt to purchase tickets again through your company. On Monday, March 27th 2017 I purchased tickets for a hockey game in St. Louis. Based on the mapping on your website it showed the tickets I thought I was buying as in the "CLUB" section of 113. It did not list the seat numbers and therefore based on the depiction of your "Dot" looked as if they would be in the all inclusive area. They were not and for a few dollars more I could have purchased the tickets I wanted in the correct section.

I spoke with support and was given a runaround response. He first told me he could not transfer me to someone that would have better answers than him because the phones do not allow it. I find it hard to believe in 2017 your phone system prevents from placing someone on hold and transferred. Then I was told to send in an email and the response would be given timely. I never received a response. The man I spoke to on the phone said he would call back within the hour as well for answers. Never received that call. I will continue to write horrible reviews about your company thanks to this experience.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I purchased four tickets on this website for the first time and what a mistake it was. This company is absolutely despicable and an absolute incompetent company, after one month of going back and forth with them they cannot give me a straight answer regarding their vendor. I later came to find out the reason being they can't give me a straight answer is because their vendor has been ignoring them for a month. What a weak and despicable company that allows a vendor take more than that matter yet still sell on their site. Don't waste your time with this company. Take your business somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Next to buying the tix directly this is a solid option. Multiple options make me feel safe for transactions especially knowing if it goes sideways I have multiple avenues to get my funds back just in case. It's good to know you can cancel if something comes up. I've been in situations where a major event comes up and I can't go to schedule event. Refund options are of utmost importance.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Greatest and largest database and greatest selection for tickets and concerts. It's great and you can get great deals. I would recommend this service and tell others about it. Payment options are always convenient. They pretty much accept any form of payment that is convenient for most buyers. It's a great database and very convenient. I haven't had to cancel anything recently since I was very happy when I purchased the tickets. Nothing was unprofessional or inconvenient during the process. I was very happy. Offers cancellation policies in a timely manner. It's a very convenient service especially with all the local events nearby me.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

They had so many different types of tickets. It is truly incredible but made choosing rather hard. However I got the best price on mine and was happy to receive and use it. I loved the diverse set of payment methods they offer. It truly made my day since most places only offer one or two rather mundane methods but it was a nice surprising change. Their cancellation policy comes in handy if your financial situation is suddenly altered as mine was and they were exceptional at canceling and were very understanding and kind to me. I never personally had to use their refund policy but judging by their other offerings and my own experiences with them I feel like their refunding is probably exceptional.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

This site has the best prices and always has what I am searching for and if they don't I can request it. Also they are very helpful. Any time I have questions or concerns I call the customer support line and they answer all my questions and take care of my every need. You can pay anyway you want or choose. They have even talked about getting a check option but I have not followed up on that subject to whether they did or not. Payments are instant and very legit. Their cancellation policy is understandable and legit. Once you cancel your money is redirected on your card almost instantly. You do have to pay a small fee for canceling though. Their refund options are very broad and down to earth. This company is very understandable. It does not take long to get your refund. You just go through an automated questionnaire then speak to a live representative as to why you want to have a refund.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016
The offered selection was very good with a lot of variety. What they offered seemed reliable and useful. They provided a good amount of information for each selection. The payment's options were highly useful. They offered payment options that would work for a vast amount of people who are seeking different options. The cancellation policy was very easy and reliable. They kept information confidential and made the cancellation process easy with little to no irritations.

Their refund options are very useful. They have created options for anyone who is looking for a refund, and they have policies set for refunds.

SeatGeek expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SeatGeek is an online ticket aggregator that provides customers with an easy way to find events and purchase tickets. Working with other ticket vendors means that SeatGeek offers more listings than many other online or retail vendors.

• Huge inventory: SeatGeek boasts "the largest inventory on the web," listing more than 400,000 tickets for arts and theater, concerts and sports.

• Interactive 3D maps: Know exactly where you will be sitting in relation to the band or stage when you purchase your tickets.

• Mobile app: Search for and purchase event tickets from your mobile device.

• Notifications: Receive alerts when your favorite bands, plays or teams are scheduled to appear near you.

• Resell your tickets: Sign up to easily post a listing for your unusable tickets and sell them via SeatGeek.

• Best for: SeatGeek has tickets for music concerts and sporting events, making it best for concert-goers and sports enthusiasts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs