It's that easy Request Information
1.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for tickets to your favorite live entertainment event? Look no further than SeatGeek! Analyzing data from over 350,000 venues, their Deal Score system lists thousands of tickets and rates to give you the best bargain while their interactive venue map lets you find the perfect seat. Looking for tickets in a pinch? SeatGeek has you covered on Android, iPhone, tablets and much more. You can set-up notifications to get alerts when your favorite artist or sports team is in town. Visit SeatGeek today to see the best event in your city!

127 SeatGeek Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We bought Broadway tickets from SeatGeek for $820 for specific seats that got switched up somewhere along the process. Two people watched this happen. To top it off we never got the tickets. Every time we called they kept saying they are calling the seller. As if that matters to us. We bought from them not some re-seller that doesn't even have the tickets. The first time we called was after 24 hours passed from purchasing the tickets. They said it would take 24 hours after purchasing to show up in e-mail. We said it had been 24 hours. So then they switched up the excuse saying it would come 24 hours before the show (we have all the dialogues).

Well past 24 hours prior to show we call again and again they're saying they're trying to contact the seller and that we need to wait till the actual show starts. Are they nuts? We are on vacation from another country and we are to wait at the doors to the last second hoping the tickets show up? They won't issue a refund no matter what. 100% scam. Don't listen to the bs they spew here. We are just dealing with our credit card company fraud department now.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

They bait and switch me today via mobile. I purchased two Saturday tickets for an upcoming event in May. My tickets received were Sunday. I did not purchase Sunday tickets, I had a person next to me who physically watched me do so. I was bait and switched!!! Customer Service will do absolutely nothing. I have emailed and called more than once. Have not received even one call back. Very disappointed. Will not order from them again. Thanks for ruining my birthday!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I used SeatGeek for tickets to the Panic At The Disco concert in New Orleans on 2/9/19. I got my tickets at around 5 a.m. On the 8th, the day before the concert (which was definitely nerve wracking). I wanted to come on here and write a review because I read a lot of horror stories about invalid tickets before my concert. I wanted to leave a good review so that others who may be nervous might feel a bit of relief! In order to ensure my tickets were valid, my husband and I got there about an hour before the doors opened. The only reason your tickets would be invalid is if someone sold them to SeatGeek and then resold them to someone else on a different site. My husband and I arrived early so that we would have a better chance of beating anyone who might’ve been sold my same ticket (which I would have no way of knowing if it was). Overall, I had a good experience!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I purchased tickets in September, and realized a little while later that I would not be able to make the game. I OVERPAID ON SEATGEEK, and then on top of that, when I tried to resell the tickets, I had such a hard time. They were transferred to me via Ticketmaster, so the reps from SeatGeek told me I needed to go through Ticketmaster, and sent me to the FAQ page of listing tickets. For whatever reason, Ticketmaster AND SeatGeek would not let me re-list them, and after arguing for some time, they told me the only way I can try to resell them is StubHub. I have used this company a few times, but after this, I will NEVER buy from them again. It shouldn't have been so difficult to sell tickets. Not only that, but I felt like they kept trying to push me off to another company. I bought the tickets through them, and therefore I felt I should have been able to resell through them either (but apparently that is just too much to ask).

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

SeatGeek.com is a fraud. DO NOT BUY TICKETS HERE. They may deliver on some occasions, but if they cannot, due to email issues or issues with the seller, they will KEEP your money, and you will NEVER get your tickets. They are thieves, plain and simple. Below is what they wrote to me in their last email, after going back and forth with them in 15 emails trying to get the tickets I paid them for on my Order ** in December, 2018: "SeatGeek is a secondary ticket marketplace, and as such, all ticket sales are final. Unfortunately, refunding your order will not be an option here." Do Not Use This Fraudulent company! All sales being final AFTER delivering the tickets is understandable, but SeatGeek keeps your money WITHOUT delivering the tickets!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Not a great system to help with rescheduled shows - we live in Canada a concert was rescheduled however we cannot get a refund because it is a rescheduled show but we also cannot sell them on SeatGeek because we are not American. Will definitely reconsider using this site again for tickets/let others know before buying.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I bought tickets for my in-laws to Phantom of the Opera in Detroit for Christmas. They were purchased 6 weeks ahead of time. I had to contact SeatGeek by email in order to get my tickets sent to me so that I could gift them to my in-laws. That was inconvenient to begin with. I didn't get to see the tickets until 24 hours before the event even though I tried politely to have them sent a few days early. They said no problem but it never happened. So I reached out by phone and I was pleased with what customer service told me.

The tickets would be in my father-in-law's name at the Will Call window on the day of the event. All he needed was his ID and the phone number I provided to SeatGeek. As it turned out, they could not seat my in-laws until 2 minutes before curtain because they had to wait for everyone at the Opera House to be seated in order to find any two seats left for them to take. I paid over $300 for seats on the main floor, row DD. Yes they finally were seated in a row but not DD, in a row farther back. That was very stressful for them because it was last minute. Oh, and all the seats in row DD were taken... Hmmm, I have a receipt that says I bought 2 tickets for row DD. Where did those seats go? The folks at the Opera House says it happens all the time with SeatGeek. Sounds like a scam to me. I will NEVER use SeatGeek again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We bought tickets to Panic! At The Disco on SeatGeek, made travel arrangements (hotel, gas, food, etc), and took time off of work. When we got to the box office, they told us our tickets were invalid. Apparently, quite a frequent scam, the original owner sold the seats to SeatGeek and then requested a refund from Ticketmaster so SeatGeek essentially sold tickets that didn’t exist. SeatGeek could only guarantee 120$ refund which doesn’t even compare to what we spent trying to get to the show (all we wanted was tickets which were sold out... There weren’t even scalpers selling tickets on the street). I am so disgusted with the service from SeatGeek, which people (myself included) thought was a reputable company. I will NEVER buy tickets from SeatGeek again since they cannot guarantee your tickets and I strongly urge everyone else to consider looking elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My fiancé bought me Panic at the Disco tickets for Christmas. We just went to give our tickets at the arena and were told the tickets are not valid. We called SeatGeek who did not resolve the issue and hung up on my fiancé. The show is sold out and now we are out hundreds of dollars. I’ll be contacting the Better Business Bureau about this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Contacted SeatGeek on Friday when I notice two separate charges on my bank account that I did not make. Someone used my stolen information to make two different transactions. Contacted them again via phone and email. Basically the response I got: "Thank you for letting us know. Contact your bank for a refund." Whereas Vivid seats was able to confirm that the account they used to purchase the tickets was fraudulent and they stated they had cancelled and closed the account and would refund the money right away. Thanks a lot SeatGeek. After I confirmed the day of and via email that I did not purchase anything and whoever did used stolen information to do so. Way to let that person get away with the tickets. Over $1000 dollars in charges and that is it. Great customer service.

SeatGeek response

Thanks so much for posting. This sounds like a terrible situation, and we really do want to make sure we're doing all we can to assist here. While we can't speak to any specifics of your specific situation on a public forum, we'd like to offer a bit of clarity on how situations like these are handled and why.

Unauthorized card use is extremely serious, and a major challenge of e-commerce. This is especially true for the secondary ticket market, where stock has a fluctuating value and hard expiration dates. As you may know, the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market. Once tickets have been purchased, they cannot be returned, both due to the risk of value loss and the loss of selling opportunities for the seller.

Because of this, we really do need for your bank to be involved in investigating this matter. They have the resources needed to figure out what happened here, including potentially tracking down who may have taken your card information, as well as to get you covered for any financial damages. They can also advise you of what steps you need to take to secure your information to prevent this from happening again.

We genuinely do want to make sure that you get covered for any damages here, and we hope we've been able to shed some light on why reaching out to your bank is the best way to make sure that happens. If you have any questions though, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS SEAT GEEK WEBSITE! I purchased Balcony seats to Lion King in Spokane and paid $176 per ticket 3 months in advance. One week before the performance I received an email that they were "upgrading" my tickets to orchestra. When I did some research, I discovered that the "upgraded" seats had blocked viewing due to props. When I asked for my original seats, I was told they were not available and the blocked viewing seats were all that were available. And the value of the "upgraded" seats was $126 when I reviewed the official ticket website. So one week before, I was scrambling to try to get seats to an almost sold out performance. I finally found separated seats in the most expensive section for $169. It turns out I was overcharged from the very beginning. Seat Geek said they would refund my money but save yourself some headaches and don't use this website!!!

SeatGeek response

We really appreciate your feedback. We totally understand that this wasn't the great experience we want to deliver -- we hope we can take a few moments to give some clarity on what happened here.

As you may know, the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market. In this instance, the seller of your tickets (despite confirming the availability of your order) realized your original order could not be fulfilled. Due to this, the seller offered what they felt was an upgrade for you. Upgrades are usually determined by market value (how your original order was priced) rather than face value (which doesn't reflect what tickets are actually selling for at the time), and looking at ticket sales for this event, I can confirm that seats for the section offered that weren't as near to the stage were going for easily over $200 apiece, so at first glance these did look like replacements.

That said, the obstruction wasn't disclosed by the venue or seller and definitely DOES affect the value of those upgrades. You don't need any reason at all to decline an offer like this, but we definitely agree that you were especially validated in not taking this offer. It looks like when you declined them, we were able to get you a refund above and beyond what you had originally paid so that you could secure tickets of your own.

Again though, this is not an ideal experience for any user and we fully understand your feelings here. However rare these situations are, it's a frustrating and disheartening experience to go through. We take situations like these very seriously and your seller has been subject to penalties as a result, including the possibility of having their ability to list on SeatGeek restricted or altogether ended.

If there's ever anything we can do to help improve your experience with us, please, don't hesitate to reach out! We really do want to make sure we're doing all we can to help out here, and again -- thank you for the feedback, it helps us a lot to hear about your experience.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I will update this if the outcome changes, but as of right now, I would NOT recommend Seat Geek. Our 12 year old daughter loves basketball and wants to attend UConn. With UConn being 5 hours away from our home, we checked their scheduled and found that they were playing at Temple, which is much closer to our home (only an hour away). We purchased her tickets as a Christmas Gift through Seat Geek. Unfortunately, due to the weather in our area, the Game date and time got changed. The game was moved up a day. The original game was scheduled for Sunday, January 20 at 1:00 PM and was moved up to Saturday, January 19 at 12:00 PM.

While at the dinner last night, my husband was checking his Sports Apps and saw a score for a UConn v Temple game. Confused, we pulled up the scheduled thinking we made an error and somehow wrote the wrong date down. That's when we found out the game had been moved up a day due to the weather. We understand that the weather is out of everyone's control, but thought that a refund would be offered since we were not aware of the change. AND that it was moved UP a day not rescheduled to a later date. We called SeatGeek today and my husband spoke with Ian. He claims we were sent an email, which my husband did not receive. AT this time they are not willing to offer a refund. AS our first time using Seat Geek this is completely disappointing and overly frustrating. We are awaiting a call from a Supervisor.

While we are waiting, we did look further into my husband's email account. He did receive an email that went to Spam. It was time stamped for January 18, 2019 at 4:55 PM. So we were provided with the information that the game was being moved UP an ENTIRE day with less than 24 hours before the new date and time of the game. Again, we understand that Seat Geek cannot control this change and we understand that UConn and Temple cannot control the weather, but as consumers, we can also not control this and should be refunded the money we spent so we can find another Event to take our daughter to for her Christmas Gift. Hoping this is resolved, but per the conversation between Ian and my husband, it is not looking promising.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out. This is definitely a disappointing situation.

As you may know, the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market. Because we are not the seller of your ticket, the situations where we can compel a refund are limited to those where the seller does not deliver on their end. We cannot force the seller to refund (and be out that money themselves) when they delivered the tickets as expected for a game, even if that game was rescheduled by the venue.

While it does sound like SeatGeek sent out the notification of the day and time change, it's very upsetting that it was filtered into your husband's spam so that you weren't informed, and we totally understand your frustration here. We'd be happy to look into this further and do what we can to help improve the situation for you. Would you be able to provide an order ID or the email that this order was placed under?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased tix on SeatGeek then 2 days later I got a email saying they can't honor it and I would be refunded and go to a link to see if other tix avail. I did and got 2 more tix, now 2 hrs before the game I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE to say I haven't received the tickets yet and it 1.5hr drive to the game that starts in 2hrs. The rep puts me on hold for a bit then comes back and says, "I JUST TALKED TO THE BROKER and you will have them in your email in 5-10min." So I start driving with my 12yr old son to game and 1hr and 5min into the drive I get email stating "Sorry we can't provide the tickets", I mean c'mon. Are you serious? This is disgusting and heartbreaking for my 12yr old son. I don't even have words for him. And I have the call to cust service recorded as well. I have never been so let down by a company before.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out. Is this in reference to order #29361144? It looks like this order was placed with one of the third-party vendors that lists on our site. While SeatGeek helps to connect you with the seller, we do not process payment or handle any part of fulfillment. It looks like we have no record of any contact to our company on this order, which suggests that you were likely speaking with the third-party vendor and not SeatGeek when you were attempting to resolve this issue.

That said, that doesn't mean that we aren't concerned about what happened here. We'd love to talk to you and see if there's any way we can help improve this situation for you. Would you be willing to email us so we can discuss this?

SeatGeek CX Team

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased concert tickets in December from SeatGeek. 2 tickets Section 121 Row three - you couldn't pick seat, tickets were to be delivered electronically. As of January 17 2:20 I still have no tickets. I had to come to this review site to find a customer service number as they do not list one anywhere on their site. BTW 1-888-506-4101. I was told many reason why I still do not have the tickets from the Event center would not release them (Not true. I confirmed with the venue.) to there is some unknown delay.

The concert is tomorrow... in another state. I was told that hopefully I would have them by tomorrow the day of the concert. The problem with this is I need to resell them due to a change of plans. I was told that if I still didn't have the tickets 2 hours before the concert they would try to find me other tickets. Really? When I asked who the seller was so I could reach out to them they told me they wouldn't/couldn't tell me. I see there are many seats still for sale in this section and this row on the venue's site for less than 100.00. They sold the tickets for 213.00 a piece plus 128.56 in handling fees. BEWARE. Do not use this company for tickets.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for posting here! Looking at your order, it looks like these tickets were delivered to your account early this morning, around 8 am CST. While we would have expected the seller to have delivered these yesterday based on their expected in-hand date of 1/16, we hope that you had no trouble accessing those tickets!

To explain a bit more about the in-hand date -- different sellers get their tickets through different means, which means they can receive tickets at different times. While tickets sold through the box office, for example, are often delivered immediately and that is likely the information you received when calling them, that's not the only way that tickets are issued for an event! Tickets are given out to VIPs, fan clubs, or even directly to wholesalers. When tickets are sent through different means, they can often have different delays on when they are delivered as well. This is totally normal in the industry and can result in tickets not being delivered until the week or, or sometimes even the day of, the event.

Hope that helps to clarify your main concerns! If you have any questions, please let us know. We'd be happy to go into more detail on the other concerns you mentioned as well, but we don't want to put you through reading a whole novel (unless you're interested in it, of course)!

SeatGeek CX Team

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We bought the NBA tickets for Feb 4, 2019, Pelicans at New Orleans but for an unfortunate circumstances we are not able to attend so we are trying to resale them thru SeatGeek where we originally bought them. We had a hard time just looking for the tickets, we spoke to 3 reps before we can finally see the tickets. We asked them on how to resell our tickets, one person say that we just need to click "sell" button then it will prompt you, which we did, asked for our bank account and routing number which we inputted but still would not accept it.

So, we called again, we spoke to Dylan, he said we have to send our Government ID front and back plus our bank account and routing number. This is ridiculous! They still have the tickets and our credit card number. How come they make it so difficult for the people like us to resale their tickets since they already have the credit card info? Why don't they resale the tickets get their kickbacks then put the rest to our credit card? Please help!

SeatGeek response

SeatGeek actually doesn't have the ability to pay funds out to a credit card. While refunds can be processed to a card (i.e. reversing a charge), payouts themselves typically need to go directly to the account that the card may be associated with. In some instances, we need a bit more information to be able to verify your identity before sending that payout through, and that's where the advice you received from Dylan comes into play.

Hopefully this has already been addressed for you now, but if there's anything else we can help with, please let us know!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was incredibly excited to see System Of A Down. According to the SeatGeek website I could buy tickets to see them for either Saturday or Sunday, however the event only showcased the band I wanted to see for one of those 2 days. I felt mislead into thinking I had options. Once I found out about this I immediately went to switch dates and they refused. I won't even have access to the tickets for possible resale until a day before the event. You would think this could be easily fixed given that the event is months away, but no... I just threw away $300, I'm sure the owners are laughing this one up.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out! While we can't find an order under the email you've posted with, we can offer some clarity on our polices and some general guidance on your situation.

Events are typically advertised clearly for a specific date and only that date -- one event page would have been for the Saturday date, and the Sunday date would have its own separate event page -- so when this purchase was made, it was specifically for the day it was purchased for.

Because the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market, we don't have the ability to cancel, exchange, or change orders once they've been placed. The tickets on our site do not belong to SeatGeek, and we simply don't have the right to trade one user's tickets for another's, or to cancel a sale a user made in good faith.

If your tickets are expected to be on a delayed release because the venue has not sent the tickets out yet, your best bet is to resell them through a site that permits the sale of tickets before they have been received. If you'd like help exploring those options, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I had completely different seats picked out as well as a different price and I have no breakdown on why I was charged over $125.00 additionally over asking price of each ticket!!! I am extremely disappointed.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We don't see any orders on your account however. The only activity we see on the account using your email is that you received a transfer from another user on 1/6, the day before this review was posted. If you arranged to purchase your tickets from another user off our site who then transferred them to you via SeatGeek, you should reach out to them to get clarification on any concerns about what tickets you received or the price that you paid for those tickets.

(That said, if you're referring to an order placed on another account, please let us know the order ID and we'd be happy to look into this further for you!)

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

SeatGeek is a complete scam and they ruined my bachelor party by giving me 2 mislabeled tickets for a different show in a different state and different month. The site itself says I bought 8 for the same day, concert, and section. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL CHEAT YOU AND THERE ISN'T EVEN A PHONE # TO CONTACT. I am currently working on refunding my purchase through my credit card company because this was an ILLEGAL sale. The other 7 members of my party will be giving bad reviews soon too if this is not resolved.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I purchased tickets for my family for a holiday outing in Milwaukee. I was told the tickets would be sent a few days before the event. It’s the day of the event - still no tickets and my credit card was charged. They offered me an upgrade which I wasn’t interested in. I’ve sent a number of emails requesting my tickets. I would never use this site again. They are terrible and make what should be an easy process for an event stressful and unpredictable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I purchased (2) tickets to the Rose Bowl via SeatGeek. The ticket listing had a lightning bolt graphic and stated next to the lightning bolt graphic that these tickets would be 'delivered within minutes' after I purchased them. After I purchased them, SeatGeek immediately sent me an email confirmation stating that my tickets would be PHYSICALLY SHIPPED to me by the January 1st (the date of the Rose Bowl). I live in Arizona, and obviously will be in California for the game. I immediately called SeatGeek and asked them why they sold me tickets that were advertised to be 'delivered within minutes' when they are actually going to be shipped to me overnight or whatever. I will never use SeatGeek again. Representing that you are receiving 'E-tickets' with electronic delivery and then pulling a bait and switch is beyond dishonest.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for posting! It looks like there's some confusion on the ticket delivery here. The picture that you posted is for a different listing than the one you purchased. The tickets you purchased were from a seller listing them for around $205 apiece (including fees) in a hardstock format that has to be delivered physically by being shipped or picked up, while the screenshot you've taken is for a listing from a different seller, with a different price ($210 apiece with fees) in a different format (e-tickets) and a different method of delivery (instant download.)

We've investigated this situation carefully and it doesn't look like these tickets were advertised for any delivery other than what they actually had, which was for hardstock tickets that could either be shipped or arranged as a local pickup.

While this doesn't seem to have been an issue with misadvertising on our end, it's important to us to help make sure that your experience with us is the very best. We've already worked out a solution with you over email prior to this to help address the inconvenience of having those tickets delivered in a different format than you'd anticipated. If you have any questions about any of this, though, please don't hesitate to reach out -- we'd be happy to discuss this further.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The New Orleans Saints switched from Ticketmaster to SeatGeek this season, in handling season ticket packages. I am a season ticket holder, and had been very satisfied with SeatGeek this season. When it was clear that the Saints would be in the playoffs, all season ticket holders were sent emails asking for payment via either Pay As We Play or to pay the full amount for all potential playoff games up front. I chose the Pay As We Play option. After submitting this option, I received an email stating: "Your card is only charged for Saints home playoff games. Charges will be processed automatically in the week leading up to all Saints home playoff games."

The Saints secured a first round bye and are guaranteed to play their playoff games at home. Because of the bye, the first game is not scheduled until either January 12 or 13. However, SeatGeek ran the payment for the first game on December 27, which is clearly not the week leading up to the home playoff game, and in fact is 17 days prior to a game on January 12. Speaking with other season ticket holders, they were charged on the same date. I am wondering why SeatGeek would state one thing in their emails, but do another. It's like signing up for autopay on utilities, knowing you are going to be drafted on X day every month, but the utility decides, "Meh, we will just go ahead and charge a week'ish early." Not cool, SeatGeek.

SeatGeek response

Thanks so much for posting. This is the first our attention has been called to this issue, and we really appreciate it -- we never want to promise something different from what actually happens, and thanks to your feedback, we'll be able to get this addressed!

When it comes to the timing of charges for the Pay As We Play program, that's actually a decision made by the team, not SeatGeek. In this case, the team processed that charge earlier than expected in order to secure those tickets for Pay As We Play members -- and it's definitely an issue that doing that resulted in not meeting the expectations we'd set for you.

While SeatGeek does not control when those charges will be coming through, we DO control how we set our user's expectations, and it's clear that our understanding of what would happen with the billing for this team just didn't turn out to be what happened in practice here. We're reviewing the situation in full and will be doing all we can to make sure our communication on the timing of these charges is not just crystal clear to our users, but is in line with the practices of the team as well.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to discuss any aspect of this issue, please don't hesitate to let us know. We really do care about delivering the best possible experience for you (and all other Saints fans as well!) Again -- we are so appreciative of you calling our attention to this matter so that we can improve this!

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Terrible scamming website - even worse on mobile and it's intentionally designed to be this dysfunctional!! AVOID THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS. Tried purchasing tickets through mobile & desktop site - I was prompted with a the transaction "error" and was told the payment did not go through. I then go to look up on my bank account and it had 6 pending ticket charges due to the my payment resubmissions and 2 more "error" transactions on another card I tried. This was all due to the system that they are using to sell these tickets.

It's made to look like a simple mistake on the website but it's not - ALL the charges went through on my cards AND here's the kicker: I NEVER received any tickets electronically but was charged 8 times regardless. No order transaction. No history. Nothing. Called customer support earlier in the day and she was helpful basically stating that all those pending charges will be refunded usually in a business day but we will see about that... Stick to a more reputable website and save yourself the inconvenience!!

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out! While I'm not able to find an account using your email, I'd be happy to help clarify those charges you're seeing.

Whenever a user makes a purchase attempt on our site, we submit what's called a "pending authorization hold". This is basically our way of saying to your bank, "Hey, so-and-so is thinking of spending this much much money -- if they have enough, put it on hold so we can finish this order!" The bank will then reserve these funds from yours account and wait for us to process that order fully. Until they get that confirmation, those funds will stay with your bank.

If an order cannot go through or is cancelled, we send a void notice to your bank to let them know they can release those funds back into your account, such as in this instance. Banks can vary a bit in how long they take to return those funds, but it generally doesn't take more than 24 hours.

You can sometimes expedite the return of those funds by calling your bank. If you'd like, I'd be happy to see if we can get you the processor code for these transactions, which banks can sometimes use to speed up that void process. To do that though, we'll need to know what account you placed those orders under. Let us know if you'd like us to get you those codes.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I wanted to give 0 STARS but it wouldn't let me. I purchased two tickets from SeatGeek two months in advance for a concert. I received a confirmation email stating that I was confirmed/guaranteed my section and seats. I never received another notice from them or the seller stating my tickets were ready. After calling, two seats popped up on my app and they were for the complete wrong section (far less desirable both price and view!!).

After spending three days going back and forth with their "team" I was told that the seller sold my tickets (at a higher value I know) and there were no more available anywhere for my section. My offer was to take the horrible seats and a partial refund... which just happened to be the difference between what I paid and the cheap price for the crappy seats. NEVER USE SEATGEEK!! 1- They don't have a guarantee on tickets... no matter what they say. 2- Who cares about a refund when the section/seats you purchased are no longer available anywhere and your only recourse is to buy horrible seats that no one was buying from any site. SEATGEEK IS A FRAUD!!!

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out. This was an incredibly frustrating situation, and it's important to us to get your feedback on it. While it's rare to have an issue like this arise, it is so, so important to us to make sure that we're doing all we can for you as a buyer.

As you may know, the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market. Looking at this order, it looks like the seller mishandled your tickets badly, to the extent that comparable tickets were not available. We only discovered this after you reported receiving the wrong tickets, and did our best to get you covered per the terms of our guarantee.

The seller did make a replacement offer with downgraded seats and a partial refund, which would have had you paying less than face value for those offered tickets. It is totally OK that that offer was not acceptable to you -- we wanted to make sure you knew all your options so that we could make sure the solution we could get would be the best for you.

We never want any customer to go through a situation like this, which is why we have stiff penalties for sellers that do not deliver on their promises. Situations like this can and do result in sellers being removed from our service, because we know very well that the missed experience means more than any refund we can offer. At the very least though, we were able to get you covered with a 120% refund of your order due to their being no comparable replacement tickets available.

I wish that we had been able to do more to help here. We genuinely want to do everything we possibly can for our buyers, especially in a situation like this where the tickets promised by the seller fell through. Luckily these situations are rare, but that makes them no less upsetting when they do happen. If there ever is anything that we can do to assist, we hope you won't hesitate to let us know -- we would really love a chance to make sure your next event day is the very best possible.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Ordered tickets and didn’t get them in time. Total ripoff. Have dealt with StubHub and others and never had a problem. Called and they were rude and could care less and would not refund my money. I talked to reps and the manager was put on hold for 30 min. I was told they don’t give refunds. But I have a email stating they give 120% refund. I’m going to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out! We'd be happy to look into what happened here. However, it doesn't look like there have been any orders placed under the account using your email. Could you share your order number so we can take a look into this situation? We appreciate it!

SeatGeek CX Team

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Went to buy tickets for one concert as part of a Christmas gift. Turns out SeatGeek is in the business of selling used tickets and soon AFTER receiving a confirmation email, I was notified that my order was canceled due to "the ticket being unavailable". They'll try to sell you on a "revolutionary market-place" but all SeatGeek really is mark-to-market schemes. Hopefully, no one else makes the mistake of trusting this company! All I have left from this experience is a maxed out card and a resentment for SeatGeek.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for posting! We hate to hear about anyone having a rough time with our platform.

In this case though, it looks like you were unable to get an order through because you were attempting to apply a promo code intended for first-time users even though our system picked up on an already-existing account that used your credentials. Since these codes are intended for a user's first purchase only, you may not be able to get a successful order through if attempting to apply it on an ineligible account.

If you have any concerns or think your account may have been flagged in error, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I purchased a ticket from them, and I was sent a email saying, that the order was complete. And I will be getting a email confirmation soon... Shortly after they sent me another email saying that they have my back! On concert tickets and all my event tickets...I thought ok that’s cool. Then several hours later they send me another email saying that the ticket I bought was already sold, and there’s nothing I can do but go back online and look for another one... At first I thought it was a mistake, so I emailed them and they said, "Sorry but don’t worry. We will refund the money." So I emailed them again and said, "This is a gift! It’s not about the money! It’s about the ticket! To go to the game!"

They refused to give me any kind of gift card or credit or anything!!! Instead the tickets sold out and it was a complete waste of time, and 2 really disappointed people. I will never go through them again!!! And I’m warning everyone not to also. OH... And one last thing, I’m still waiting for the refund. I know it’s the weekend but, it’s a horrible thing to do to anyone.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience. This is definitely an upsetting situation, and we'd like to go over what happened in this situation.

Looking at your order, it looks like your seller was not able to confirm your order due to the tickets being unavailable. This is exactly why orders are placed into a pending state after being purchased -- we need to give sellers a chance to confirm their stock so that tickets are not sold to two groups at once! It looks like it took a half-hour to realize the issue and cancel out your order, which is within our expectations for an order placed before the day of the event.

Regarding that refund: The funds for this order were only ever placed on a pending authorization hold, meaning that your bank was holding onto the funds while we waited to see if the seller could confirm. When the order could not be put through, we immediately processed a void, telling your bank to release those funds back to you. Banks can vary on how quickly they process this, but it generally takes no more than 1 business day. In this case, since the order was placed on a Saturday and banks are generally closed on Sundays, we'd expect you to have those funds back no later than Monday of that week.

Order cancellations are rare, but we understand that they can be a source of frustration when you have your heart set on some seats that the seller isn't able to deliver for you. If you ever want to talk more about this situation, we would be happy to discuss it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My husband and I was looking forward to attending the Lions vs Cardinals game schedule for today December 9th only to realize due to an error made on our part. We didn't realize that the game was being held in Arizona. I call to find out if there was anyway that we could receive a refund or if the 175.00 which we had purchase for the seats could be applied to an upcoming game that would be held in Detroit. I was told that there was not much they could do for me because the tickets was from a private seller but they would see what they could do.

I received an email back today telling me that they had a solution they would refund me all of my money back but I would have to purchase tickets for Lions' home game first. What kind of BS is that. If you already got the money why couldn't you just use what I've already given. I don't just have money lying around to throw away. I understand this was a mistake made on our part but do you think we on dope or dog food. This company sucks at best, this is a warning to all consumers. Please read everything carefully before you send these CLOWNS any of your money. They don't allow room for mistakes.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was involuntarily put on SeatGeek's email list after purchasing concert tickets through Ticketmaster. However, I never subscribed for SeatGeek! Then, when I went to unsubscribe for the mailing list (that I never signed up for), the process was not simple and I was warned that if I unsubscribe, I would not ever be able to join again!? I had to reply "I understand"... I thought sending junk mail was illegal in Canada, now. SeatGeek... Stop spamming people!

SeatGeek response

Wow, this definitely sounds confusing! It's not clear how you might have gone through a different site and wound up on SeatGeek after purchase, but we can help clear up the rest for sure.

When it comes to unsubscribing from email, you don't need to do anything special - you just hop on your account, change your email settings, and voila -- no more emails with deals and announcements! You can also ask hi@seatgeek.com to unsubscribe you for the same result. It sounds like the rep understood your request as asking to have your account closed, which is a different issue. Account closures are permanent -- your account cannot be reopened once it happens, hence the scarily-worded warning.

Hopefully that brings at least a little clarity to the situation! If you have any questions, please let us know.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased tickets for a December 7th, 2018 event on September 7th. Tickets were confirmed to be delivered on or before December 5th. Tickets never came. Called SeatGeek three times and was told that they were still waiting for tickets to arrive. They told me "Don't worry, we don't have any reason to think they aren't coming." Every time I called they extended their deadline and would not provide replacement tickets or a refund. This is completely unacceptable as they have already violated their guarantee to provide tickets. I took a chance with SeatGeek and I was wrong. DO NOT USE this site. Their confirmations and guarantees mean nothing. They charged my credit card in September and will not provide the tickets, nor issue a refund.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out! This is definitely not a typical situation, and we recognize that it was not the experience we want to deliver. It does look like these tickets were delivered on 12/6, the day before your event, but by then the seller had missed a specific deadline we had promised, leading to you purchasing other tickets first, so we honored our offer of a refund. This is a frustrating and confusing situation that we wouldn't want any fan to ever go through, and we have been taking the issue up with the seller to make sure that it does not repeat itself. While we wish you could have had a much more trouble-free experience getting to your event, we hope that you were able to enjoy it regardless! If there's ever anything we can do to help make your next experience with us the very best possible, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I tried to buy 6 tickets to a college game, they took my credit card info but then told me that the tickets were no longer available. He was supposed to cancel the charge, so I went on to buy from another site. I was shocked to see the charge was not canceled.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for reaching out on this. We'd really like to look into this with you, but we don't have any record of a contact where you were informed that the tickets were no longer available or promised a refund. Would you recall how you reached out? Was it over phone or by email? Do you have any records on your end that can help show this contact - either phone records or the emails themselves? It's important to us to keep our promises, and we'd appreciate your help with this!

SeatGeek expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SeatGeek is an online ticket aggregator that provides customers with an easy way to find events and purchase tickets. Working with other ticket vendors means that SeatGeek offers more listings than many other online or retail vendors.

• Huge inventory: SeatGeek boasts "the largest inventory on the web," listing more than 400,000 tickets for arts and theater, concerts and sports.

• Interactive 3D maps: Know exactly where you will be sitting in relation to the band or stage when you purchase your tickets.

• Mobile app: Search for and purchase event tickets from your mobile device.

• Notifications: Receive alerts when your favorite bands, plays or teams are scheduled to appear near you.

• Resell your tickets: Sign up to easily post a listing for your unusable tickets and sell them via SeatGeek.

• Best for: SeatGeek has tickets for music concerts and sporting events, making it best for concert-goers and sports enthusiasts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs