It's that easy Request Information
2.14/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for tickets to your favorite live entertainment event? Look no further than SeatGeek! Analyzing data from over 350,000 venues, their Deal Score system lists thousands of tickets and rates to give you the best bargain while their interactive venue map lets you find the perfect seat. Looking for tickets in a pinch? SeatGeek has you covered on Android, iPhone, tablets and much more. You can set-up notifications to get alerts when your favorite artist or sports team is in town. Visit SeatGeek today to see the best event in your city!

80 SeatGeek Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have had two terrible experiences with Seat Geek. The first was when we bought tickets for a Lakers game and at confirmation of the purchase saw they were for the wrong date. We immediately called and emailed Seat Geek to tell them of this mistake, but they went ahead and confirmed the order and we got stuck with these tickets. We then went to purchase tickets for the game we wanted, and the website said they were 2 consecutive seats in Row 12, but when we got the confirmation, they were really "piggyback" seats with one in Row 12 and one in Row 13. That information was in the small print that we did not see- all it said was that they were 2 seats in Row 12. Now we find out that no other online ticket re-seller will take just 2 piggyback seats to resell- only 4 seats. We are so frustrated and angry. Will NEVER use Seat Geek again.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Horrible experience. Purchased tickets to a college game. Get to the game tickets won't scan. Tickets they sent to download were tickets to a game played the previous month. Six days later still waiting to hear from a manager or supervisor.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We purchased 4 ticket to the October 13th Notre Dame vs Pitt game. We bought the tickets in January 2018. We are meeting friends from California for the game and we are driving from Northern Michigan to South Bend, a 10-hour drive. We get an email saying our tickets will be mailed to us on October 10th. Really? So we can’t leave on our trip until our tickets arrive.

Fortunately we have a dialogue on email and have offered to pay for FedEx to ship us the tickets. At this point, anxiety is high and I am pissed. We can’t leave for South Bend until our tickets arrive. Even if I get the tickets in time, I will never use this vendor again. I used StubHub once and it was flawless as they had a pickup site outside Lambeau Field at a hotel in Green Bay. Stress of not having the tickets is not worth it. With friends flying across country to get to South Bend, what do I do if the tickets don’t arrive. Easy, hire a lawyer I guess.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased tickets over a month ago and still don’t have them! I emailed and called but I’m getting nowhere. When I called the representative told me all supervisors were in a meeting on a Saturday at 4 pm! Really! Doubtful! They have my $400 and I have no tickets. Don’t buy from them and lose your money. StubHub gets the tickets to you within a few days!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I purchased Chubbie tickets for my mom a couple days before Labor Day. She told me the next day she wasn’t going to be able to go so I had them resold. I received the notification that the tickets had been sold. A week later my payment was never received. I thought maybe it was because I hadn’t put my bank information in, so I went and did that and waited a few more days. Two weeks later still no payment. I contacted my bank and was told that no payment had not come through so I contacted SeatGeek. Just to be told that I needed to contact my bank which I had already done.

The employee then says, "Okay it’s going to take 5-7 more days," before I receive the payment. It’s now a month from when my payment was supposed to go through and I’m being told the payment was sent through PayPal. Now I am taking this to BBB because I never used PayPal to pay for the tickets so how could the refund be sent via a platform I never used and you don’t have access to. The entire process has been shady and I will not being using this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased 18 tickets for the Southwest Classic - Arkansas vs. Texas A&M game through SeatGeek. Saturday morning, I went to download the tickets on my SeatGeek app. When I clicked on the "tickets" tab at the bottom of my app, rather than the app displaying my tickets, it showed general information like AT&T Stadium policies, weather and directions. When I could not find my tickets on my app, I then logged into my SeatGeek account on desktop computer, again I was presented with the same general information rather than tickets. Convinced I was just overlooking something, I called your 888 number for assistance around 8:00a. I was then told that I did not have any tickets for the game, because the 18 tickets I had purchased from SeatGeek were actually in the reserved for the band.

I was then assured that the SeatGeek Team was working on allocating me new tickets, and I would receive an email within 20 min, with my new tickets. Around 8:45a, I had received no correspondence from SeatGeek and there were no new tickets in my inbox. So I called the 888 number back. After waiting on hold for about 20 min, I was then connected with a customer service representative, who I talked to from roughly 9a-10a. She was beyond unhelpful, providing me no further insight as to when I would receive my new tickets, only repeating "we are working on it". She could not give me a timeline for when I would receive my new tickets, nor could she even guarantee I would have the tickets before the game started at 11. I also asked if there was a supervisor I could speak to, she told me that they were all currently in meetings.

After your customer service line was able to provide me absolutely no help, I reached out a personal contact that sells boxes at AT&T Stadium. I felt completely embarrassed explaining my situation to him and like a total fool pleading for his help. Fortunately, he was able to contact a direct SeatGeek/AT&T Stadium Representative for me. Minutes before the game started, I was emailed new tickets from him. Unfortunately the tickets were not "comparable or better tickets to the event" (as promised in your SeatGeek Guarantee) and instead a section above the ones I had originally purchased. We arrived at AT&T Stadium around 10a, planning to enter the game a little bit early. Instead, myself + my party of 17 stood outside of the stadium for almost an hour, waiting on our tickets to get into the stadium (to add to the irony of this whole situation, it was pouring rain).

I had several friends who traveled from out of state for this game, and our morning was completely ruined. I was never notified via a phone call, an app notification or email that the tickets I had originally purchased were in fact unavailable. The only reason I was able to troubleshoot the issue, is because I tried to download my tickets early - what would have happened if I tried to download my tickets moment before we entered the stadium? Also, had I not had a contact at AT&T Stadium, I do not believe we would have ever received the tickets in time for the game.

Again, per your SeatGeek Guarantee, the "tickets I received were not the same as the ones I was ordered" nor was I "provided with comparable or better tickets to the event". After contacting the customer service email this morning asking for a refund of 2685.24 (my original purchase price), they were unable to do that. Instead, offered me a $200 credit on my SeatGeek account. This does me no good, as I do not plan on ever purchasing from SeatGeek again in the future, due to its unreliability.

Hey Taylor,

We absolutely understand your disappointment here. In this instance, SeatGeek is a partner with AT&T Stadium, and we are the primary ticketer for the event. In this case, it looks like there were not seats reserved for the band, and this error wasn't discovered until the seats needed for the band were already sold. This was not a situation we or AT&T Stadium wanted any customer to have to go through, so rather than simply refunding the seats (though that option was there for customers who preferred it), we all worked to find alternative seats for our customers. We recognize that this was a difficult situation, made worse by the last-minute nature of the discovery of the issue, and we really appreciate you working with us to find alternatives.

In this case, while the seats you received were not on the same level as your original tickets, they were Club Seats that came with a private space, amenities, and access to special lounges. While these are usually a bit more spendy than regular seats, we worked with AT&T to make them available for those affected by this issue. We hope that your party was able to enjoy the event despite the trouble!

We definitely do recognize the stress this change put on you, which is why we offered an additional promo credit as a courtesy. This is a very unique situation that we do not anticipate repeating itself. If you ever have any concerns about this that you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to reach out.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

The short of the story is, they were very nice and helpful with an issue I was having but don't tell me "don't worry, we are going to get you to the game" then call me back 20 minutes later saying "nope, nothing we can do! Sorry." I get she was trying to be positive but after a day of terrible service from another company hearing her say that made me so hopeful to only be crushed again. Don't say it if you can't do it. Otherwise, great.

Hey James,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! It can be seriously devastating to run into a bad situation, have an expectation set for a solution, and then have that expectation not met. We want to look into what happened here and see what we can do to help. Would you be able to get us an order number so we can sort this out?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was trying to purchase 2 US Open tickets for the August 29th 11 am session so I went on the SeatGeek mobile application > 24 hours prior to the event. The first attempt to buy 2 tickets through the app using the Touch ID failed with an error message from the SeatGeek app and the tickets were never put in my account. So less than 2 minutes later I went on again to find tickets and purchased them from the SeatGeek app but they would be fulfilled from Ticketmaster. I got a confirmation of those tickets and I saw them in the Tickets tab of the application. Later that morning I saw the first 2 ticket I had tried to purchase in my app Tickets tab also but they were mobile tickets and the app wouldn't produce a QR code so in addition to the fact I had 2 other tickets from Ticketmaster. The first set were useless as there was nothing to be scanned at the gate.

The Ticketmaster seats were not yet confirmed and I had the chance to cancel them so I called customer service at SeatGeek to find out what to do. With < 24 hours until my event was to start the group of terrible customer service reps had no sense of urgency or awareness of what was happened and no idea how to resolve the fact that the mobile tickets were not showing up on my phone. I deleted and re-installed the app from the App Store but to no avail. To this day I see the tickets in my app but no QR code gets generated. The SeatGeek group was no help at all so finally the next day I grabbed the tickets from Ticketmaster before they expired and went to the event. SeatGeek still has the nerve to charge me the cost of the unusable tickets. This has been the worst experience ever dealing with a company.

Hey Nikhil,

Thanks for reaching out! We sympathize with your frustration here. It looks like two orders were placed for this event on your account, and you were hoping to be able to cancel one. I'd like to offer a bit of clarity around our policies.

As you may know, the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market. This means that we do not own the inventory on our site, and we use our agreements with buyers and sellers to help make sure transactions go smoothly.

Because of this, we are only able to secure refunds from sellers in situations where the terms of our Buyer Guarantee are not met. Otherwise, all sales are considered final, which is typical of the secondary ticket market. This unfortunately means that there was no way to cancel your order after it had been placed.

Looking at your two orders, it looks like they were delivered from two different sellers through two different methods. Order 6P2-ZNGLQ6 is the one that was sent to you through Ticketmaster, while order GDZ-L83RGV was uploaded directly onto SeatGeek the day before the event.

It looks like you had issues connecting to SeatGeek to access those tickets about a half hour before the event, so you contacted us via email. I've checked and confirmed that there were no technical issues on our end at this time, so it doesn't seem to be a connection issue on our end that prevented you from accessing those tickets. We responded by asking which order you were having difficulty with and letting you know where to access each set of tickets, and did not receive a response until around 2 pm, well after the event had started at 11 am. If we had known sooner what order you were having trouble with, we would have been happy to help find a workaround for the connection issues you experienced.

That said, by the account given to us in earlier emails, you had intended to use the tickets on SeatGeek and decline the delivery through Ticketmaster for the other order if you had been able to access them. It's worth being clear that this would not have secured you to a refund of the Ticketmaster tickets, as all sales are still considered final at the time of purchase. Declining delivery of tickets does not cancel the sale, since the seller has already committed to delivering those tickets to you and forgone other selling opportunities by that point.

We recognize that this was a disappointing situation and would like to do what we can to help ease the pain and retain you as a customer, if you're still willing to discuss this with us. We were unable to do anything at the time because you had indicated that you were filing a chargeback, which cuts off our ability to do anything as a courtesy. That said, if you'd like to discuss this further, please email us and we'll be happy to see if we can work something out here.

Resolution response: Sept. 22, 2018

Seatgeek was able to get me tickets comparable to the ones I originally ordered.

If tickets are not confirmed when originally ordered, that should be explicitly stated in the order receipt, and if it's possible you won't get the tickets that you've ordered, that should be made clear before the purchase so that you can make an informed decision.

In the end, it took a few different times reaching out before the issue was resolved, and I fear not everyone affected is as persistent. I do appreciate the effort that was taken in the end to resolve my issue.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased tickets to a New York Mets game on 9/29/2018. At the time I made the purchase, the ticket prices were rapidly rising because of a recent announcement of a player's retirement. I caught 3 tickets that had previously been around $6 at $53 each - a steep but reasonable price given the once-in-a-lifetime significance of the game. The day after my purchase, I received a call explaining that they would not be able to fulfill my order and that I would be refunded. They explained that if I wanted tickets, I could pay the current price of over $200 per ticket. They claimed that the tickets I ordered were not available. There were tickets just like mine still available on the marketplace, but they wouldn't offer to fulfill my order with different tickets given the rise in prices.

SeatGeek should fulfill the order and provide tickets to people when they make a sale. I know for sure that if I bought tickets from them and the prices went down, they wouldn't offer me a refund just because I had buyer's remorse, so why do they get to cancel my order just because prices went up after I paid? It's dishonest and unethical, and I do not recommend anyone do business with SeatGeek.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like we're also working with you over on the BBB website, but just to reiterate some of what we've discussed there --

Some listings on SeatGeek are not through sellers listing directly through us, but are aggregated from third-party vendors. When a listing is being sold from a third-party vendor, you are informed at ticket selection and checkout that your order is being placed with them and under their terms. For these orders, not only does SeatGeek not handle any aspect of order fulfillment, but payment also does not come through us. We have not received or sent any communications

regarding this order - that call was from your vendor rather than us. Any issues with orders typically need to be resolved with that third-party vendor, and SeatGeek is here to be a guide and advocate for you.

In this instance though, we recognize the situation is especially troubling, and we want to do whatever we can to help out. If you can, please send us a copy of any emails you received from your vendor regarding this order - particularly anything that shows a confirmed order or that your tickets were guaranteed - to hi@seatgeek.com. While we're limited in what we may be able to do here, it's very important to us that we take the best care of you possible, and getting this information will help!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I recently bought Dodger game tickets on SeatGeek. I usually buy the e-tickets or instant download tickets and have ALWAYS been able to print them immediately after I complete my purchase. This transaction was not the case, 2 days later, no tickets available because SeatGeek is still trying to contact the seller. I have emailed SeatGeek and asked them to refund my money and I will buy other tickets elsewhere. I contacted my credit card company as well to advise them I was requesting a refund. The game is today, why wouldn’t the ticket seller want to get his or her money is beyond me.

I will never use SeatGeek again which is a shame because I have always appreciated their services and purchased many tickets with little to no problem previously. There are other ticket sites that I will start using. I wish SeatGeek would have responded with me in a way that made me feel comfortable that they even cared but instead I got an email yesterday that simply stated they were waiting to hear from the seller... Well duh, I was doing that too!! Thank you but no thank you SeatGeek!

Hey Lori,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here. We definitely understand your hesitation on placing another order, and we really regret seeing it kept you from enjoying the game! We'd like to discuss a bit more about what happened here and why you can feel confident this wouldn't happen again in the future.

Looking at your order, it looks like you were affected by a rare bug where the seller uploaded your tickets to our site, but they did not get delivered through to your account. This is actually a very easy fix - all we need is to be notified that you haven't received the tickets and have time to reach out to the right experts, and we can get them to you manually right away! In this case though, it looks like we were not contacted until you had already decided you needed a refund so you could buy elsewhere. When we let you know we'd take steps to get you your tickets, you responded by letting us know that you had cancelled your travel plans rather than securing other tickets. At that point, we bought the tickets back from you as a courtesy so that you could get a full refund.

We understand this was not a great experience, but hopefully this gives a bit more context to the issue that you experienced and how it would be fixed in the future, if you were ever to encounter it again. Please let us know if you ever need help with anything else!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

SCAM! On more than one occasion I’ve purchased NFL and College football game tickets. I use the website to choose my seats at a reasonable price. A few days later I get an email saying I’ve been given “upgraded seats” all I have to do I accept. When I research said “upgrade seats” I come to find that they are cheaper seats sold for less than what I paid. When I request to keep my seats I’m told I have to accept the “upgrade” or get a refund. What kind of business company is this? I’ve let it go in the past but it’s unprofessional and it’s a SCAM. If you accept these “upgrades” you’re being robbed. Plain and simple. Also why even have a website with seats to choose from? Why not call it a lottery and tell customers they’ll get whatever seats they want to give you and not what we choose. It’s deceiving and unprofessional. Last time I use SeatGeek.

Hey Rodolfo,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Upgrades are not very common on our site, so it's surprising you've experienced this multiple times! They are only allowed to be offered by sellers for certain events. This does not include NFL tickets - I don't see any notes on our end of this happening to any of your NFL orders, but please let me know what order was affected like this so we can investigate.

In general, we expect upgrades to be just that - UPGRADES. However, that is determined by the section and row offered, not by the ticket value, since ticket value is constantly fluctuating on the secondary market. For example, looking at your recent order where upgrades were offered, it looks like tickets for your section were priced around $45 at the time you purchased about a month ago, but prices have dropped significantly since then and you can easily get a 20 row upgrade for the same price that you originally paid. Ticket prices could have increased just as easily though, and the seller's offer would have remained the same, since these are the tickets they received from their source instead of the ones you original ordered.

In instances like these, sellers may still offer upgrades - but luckily, you do not have to take them if you think you can source better tickets yourselves! In this case, it looks like you opted for a cancellation of the order instead, and we expect you'll be able to get some great alternate tickets with the change in price over time.

Hopefully that helped add some context to this experience! Please let us know if there's ever anything else we can help with.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Purchased tickets and was unable to enter the game due to someone entering the venue with the same tickets. Seems the seller sold to multiple parties. SeatGeek customer service said someone attended the game and unable to refund due to a scan report showing this. I clearly didn't attend.

Hey Jay,

Thank you so much for reaching out. This is definitely a strange situation. As you may know, SeatGeek is the ticketing partner for AT&T Stadium. This means that for events at this venue, we are the party that issues barcodes, and we have access to a lot of information behind-the-scenes as a result. Whenever a ticket for this venue is sold on SeatGeek, we can see the journey of those tickets, including when the barcodes for those tickets changed (invalidating any version of those tickets before that point).

In this case, we can see that the barcode for those tickets was re-issued at the time you took possession of those tickets, meaning that the only valid barcode that would work for the stadium is the one on your specific copy of the tickets. This means that there is no possibility of another set of those regenerated barcodes being out there as a result of a previous owner, such as your seller. Because we can see this, and because the venue reported that that specific set of barcodes was scanned in at the event, we are unable to find any evidence that points to these tickets being sold to multiple parties.

If you have any evidence at all from the venue showing that you were turned away due to these tickets already being used, we would be very happy to look into this further with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Total Scam. Bought tickets for David Wright's last game when announce came out for $25 each. Received confirmation, then next day my tickets were "magically" unable to be processed. This was obviously untrue as my credit card has been processed many times by them before - SeatGeek is obviously selling that ticket for the now much higher price of $300. What crap.

Hey Christopher,

Thank you so much for letting us know about this situation. This is definitely not an OK situation, and we'd like to look into this further with you. In this case, your order was placed with a third-party vendors whose listings are aggregated on our site. This means that we did not handle any aspect of payment or fulfillment of this order, and also that your order was placed using that third-party vendor's terms rather than our own. We also did not accept payment for this order at any point, and that cancelling the order was not our decision. This does NOT mean that we are not concerned about this situation, or that we do not want to do whatever we can to help improve your experience. We'll be reaching out via email soon to discuss this more with you and see what we can do to assist.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Site is the worst. Got reasonable ticket price for David Wright’s last game this afternoon. They call a few hours later telling me the transaction didn’t go through. Tickets still available for 3x the money. Stick with StubHub. They don’t renew on tickets sold after transaction is done.

Hey Steve,

Thank you so much for posting on this. It looks like your order was placed with one of the third-party vendors whose listings are aggregated on our site. This means that we did not handle any aspect of payment or fulfillment of this order, and also that your order was placed using that third-party vendor's terms rather than our own. This means that we did not accept payment for this order at any point, and that cancelling the order was not our decision. This does NOT mean that we are not concerned about this situation, or that we do not want to do whatever we can to help improve your experience. We'll be reaching out via email soon to discuss this more with you and see what we can do to assist.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Horrible website set up. I have an account and they show away games as if they are home and once I purchased them the teams were in reverse order. I just bought Celtics tickets and Patriots tickets for my first ever Patriots game and it's in Jacksonville. Thanks a lot. $500 down the drain and they offer no refunds. In my 5 years of using Ticketmaster and StubHub I've always had my issue resolved. My first experience was horrible. I need a solution or no further business.

Hey Kristie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I absolutely understand your disappointment here, and I'd like to take a moment to discuss our policies on refunds and what happened with these tickets.

SeatGeek is a platform for buyers and sellers to make transactions on the secondary ticket market. Because of this, SeatGeek does not own the inventory on our site - we're just providing a venue for buyers to find deals and sellers to make sales. Since we are not the seller, we don't have a lot of leeway when it comes to securing refunds - we can only do that in instances where the seller has not fulfilled their end of the bargain.

When it comes to those event names, we are pretty specific - for example, this game was described as "New England Patriots *at* Jacksonville Jaguars", so you can know that the game is taking place at the Jaguars' home team. We also list the event date and the venue specifically on the event page, and all this information is restated on the checkout page as well.

It's always disappointing when the circumstances mean that we can't secure a refund for a buyer, we always advise reselling to recoup the cost. It looks like you were able to do that and get most of your money back, which we're delighted to see! That said, we do understand that this was an upsetting situation for you, and we hope very much that if there is ever anything we can help out with in the future, you won't hesitate to let us know. We really do want for every user's experience with us to be the very best possible, and we hope that if you ever do choose to give us another try, we'll be able to give you a stress-free and seamless experience!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

DO NOT use SeatGeek to purchase any type of event tickets. Purchased Indians tickets a few weeks ago, apparently their ticket sellers have the opportunity to double sell tickets on other 3rd party websites to no one else’s knowledge, until you actually show up to your event or whatever it may be... & realize that your tickets are invalid because they’ve already been used. Then... SeatGeek will “investigate” the issue & take a bajillion years to “investigate” before issuing any type of refund. Almost 3 weeks later, still waiting for a refund.

Hey there,

Thank you for posting about your experience. Sellers on our site are held to strict standards in order to prevent any double-sales from taking place, but simple human error is always a risk on the secondary market. That's why we back up all sales on our site with our Buyer Guarantee, so that fans aren't left empty-handed because of a seller error. Situations like these are rare but upsetting, and it's important to us that we follow up properly to make this right for you.

Since three weeks is much longer than an investigation with us tends to take, I've gone ahead and reviewed this situation to sort out what happened here.

It looks like you first reported your experience on August 31st, at which point we asked you for some information to start our investigation. It looks like we did not get a response until Sept 4th, at which point we let you know it could take about a week to investigate. A week later, on Sept 11th, we let you know the investigation was complete and asked for your information to get your refund sent. The refund was sent out that day, and it usually takes about 3-5 business days for those funds to reach your account, depending on your bank's processing speed.

You can expect those funds back in your account any day now, once your bank has processed them to your account. If you haven't seen them by the end of day on Tuesday, please give your bank a call and check on the status with them, and let us know if the bank has any trouble getting that sorted for you.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I do not recommend using SeatGeek's services when purchasing tickets. If any issues arise with your order they recommend using a different platform to sell you tickets (i.e. Ticketmaster or StubHub). If they recommend you to another company, why not just skip a step and buy from the company who has the ability to modify, exchange, or cancel your order. Very disappointed and don't foresee myself ever using their services again. Do Not Use.

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I'd like to take a moment to offer a bit of context for your experience.

Like most secondary marketplace sites, SeatGeek is not the owner of the inventory on our site, but is connecting buyers with sellers and helping make ticket buying easy and safe. Because of this, we not able to offer refunds except for situations covered by our Buyer Guarantee. In general, when buying tickets, you'll find that only tickets purchased through orders directly from the box office have any ability to be modified, exchanged, or cancelled - when buying on the secondary market, all sales are final. This is why we advised you to resell those tickets.

While our Marketplace for individual users is a great tool if your tickets are in an original e-ticket format, individuals are currently not able to use our platform to resell mobile transfer or hardstock tickets. We'd love to be able to help you sell all your tickets, but we're still a relatively young platform when it comes to helping individual users sell their tickets. In instances where we are not able to help you sell with us, it's important to us that you know your options, and we'll be happy to get you to a specific platform that can support your selling needs.

Hopefully this helps give some clarity to your experience with us! As always, if you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My husband purchased tickets for an upcoming NBA game, the very next day (not even 12 hours later) I was reviewing the email and noticed it was showing a date of 12/19 when we are planning our trip for 10/19 this year—when you pull up the NBA schedule, the dates are not shown in chronological order and show 12/19 first... My husband purchased over $1k in tickets. I understand, that was his mistake for not looking at the date, however, we’ve been trying to contact someone who can provide a solution to help exchange the tickets.

The solution we were provided with was that we’d be refunded the amount AFTER the event date. For a customer who paid over $1000 for tickets, that’s ridiculous. If we would have just purchased outright from Ticketmaster, we would have been able to exchange at no problem! Biggest mistake was using SeatGeek as it was recommended to us, but after this experience, I hope to warn others of the unhelpful and disappointing experience we’ve had with SeatGeek. Don’t waste your time or your money! It’s not worth it.

Hey Jazzmin,

Thanks for reaching out! I'd be happy to share some context for your experience here.

We want to make it easy for people to find the events most relevant to them, so events on SeatGeek will default to display the events nearest to your location first. So if you're traveling in particular, you'll want to confirm that the event you've selected to purchase matches the date and city you want to buy for. Because we are a secondary ticketing market, we generally are not able to offer refunds in instances where tickets are inadvertently purchased for the wrong event - I'm pleased that we were able to make an exception for you in this instance!

That said, I definitely understand your unhappiness with the delay in getting that refund. It is our policy to hold off on refunding any orders over a certain amount until after the event has passed, simply because we need to be able to confirm that those tickets remain valid. Tickets sold on the secondary market do not have the ability to have their barcodes regenerated in the instance of a returned sale, so this is necessary to guarantee that those tickets will work for the new buyer. While I definitely think an exchange would be a graceful way to address this issue for you, we do not own inventory for this event and do not have the ability to do an exchange as if you had purchased from the original ticketer. In this case, your best bet is to simply pick up some tickets for the intended date, knowing that a refund will be coming your way for the mistaken order later.

Hopefully that helps to clear up our policies in this area. Please let us know if you have any questions, or need help finding tickets for the 10/19 game!

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

On Aug 31, Beyonce was performing in Miami, after buying the tickets 2-3 MONTHS IN ADVANCE we get to the venue and we couldn’t get in since the tickets said refund. Ticket booth were no help, called SeatGeek outside the Hard Rock stadium and they kept hanging up and still no refund has been issued. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM SEATGEEK since it messed up my birthday!! I had really good seats too!!

Hey Joh-Ann,

Thanks for reaching out! This definitely doesn't sound right and we want to make sure this is handled properly for you. I'd be happy to look into what happened here, but I am unable to find any order using your name or email. Would you be able to share an order ID so we can get to the bottom of this?

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I paid SeatGeek $64 more than the other people in our section at the Minnesota State Fair grandstand. (3 rows from the top in the nosebleed section.) SeatGeek won't refund the $64 over-payment. They offer excuses but the bottom line is they are still ripping people off no matter what excuses they give... I will never buy from SeatGeek again!!!

Hey Bruce,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your disappointment here, and I'd like to offer some clarity around how SeatGeek pricing works.

SeatGeek is a marketplace connecting buyers and sellers on the secondary ticket market. This means a couple of things:

1.) SeatGeek does not own the inventory on our site,
2.) Prices are set solely by the individual seller, and

3.) Since the tickets are all being listed for resale by individuals with different pricing approaches, the prices may fluctuate and vary based on supply and demand.

The price you're likely comparing to is the face value of the ticket, which is an arbitrary value set by the box office when initially selling the ticket. The face value doesn't have anything to do with the prices for tickets listed on the secondary market, on SeatGeek or anywhere else! Sellers are free to sell (or not sell) those tickets at any price they choose. The buyer is the ultimate decider on whether the tickets are being offered at a price they think is fair enough to make a purchase at.

I definitely understand why you'd be upset, but we are unable to force a refund from your seller when this was the price agreed upon at the time of sale. Despite this, I hope you were able to have a great time at the event! Hopefully we've been able to give some context to your experience here, but if you have any questions or concerns that we can help with, please let us know and we'll be happy to discuss this further.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

SeatGeek is participating in deceptive and manipulative practices in hosting their retail marketplace. They intentionally hide "pending purchase" receipts and delay "confirmed receipts" in a process where tickets quickly become unavailable to deceive users into thinking a purchase hasn't occurred. The customers then purchase duplicate tickets, providing more fee revenue for SeatGeek.

My first purchase was at 9:40 am. I never received a receipt for a pending or completed purchase. SeatGeek does not display pending transactions. Believing it an error, I checked the same section/row and SeatGeek showed the same quantity of tickets available. I purchased that set of tickets at 9:46 am. At 9:55 I received receipt for my 2nd order and wrote a negative review on Google Play suggesting deceptive activity at 9:56. I still have no receipt for the 1st order and have contacted SeatGeek but not been refunded for it. The company profits off of transaction fees charged for purchasing and needs to be held accountable. It's incentivized to manipulate users into executing more transactions than desired.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for reaching out to us! We totally understand your frustration. Ordinarily, emails are automatically triggered to send when an order is placed to track its status - however, it looks like this was a rare situation where those emails did not send as expected. It's a very unusual situation, and it looks like we were attempting to work with you to buy back that duplicate order from you, but we haven't gotten a response since we contacted you on 8/28.

If you'd like a refund for that order, please let us know by responding to the email with the buyback terms, and we'll be happy to get that sorted for you! If you can't find that email, please just reach out to us and we'll be happy to help. And of course, if you'd rather just keep the tickets, there is no action needed on your part.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I purchased 2 tickets to see Disney’s Aladdin three months in advance. I had spent over $300.00 for two seats in the second tier section, the nose bleeds. At the time of my purchase these were some of the cheapest seats available. I checked up on the available seats two days before the show and orchestra seats on the first floor are only $47.00 dollars. Total and utter exploitation of people trying to do the right thing and purchase tickets in advance rather than wait until the last minute. I learned my lesson and am never going to use a third party again for seats. This place takes advantage of people.

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I definitely feel you here! I'd like to talk a bit about how pricing on SeatGeek and the secondary market in general is determined, to help give some context to your experience.

When we're talking about the secondary market, we're talking about tickets being resold after their initial purchase from the box office. Prices on the secondary market are almost universally set by the seller. SeatGeek has no control over the prices on our Marketplace - we just provide the venue for buyers and sellers to make their deals.

In general, we expect deals to be made around the "market value" of the tickets - determined by some combination of what the buyer is willing to pay and the number of sellers competing with each other to give the best price under that amount. Because those factors are always changing, the prices on SeatGeek fluctuate with supply and demand.

Getting the best deal on the secondary market means knowing the popularity of the event you want to go to and keeping an eye on ticket prices over time. In general, if you're hunting for the best price on tickets, the weeks or days leading up to the event are often going to be the best. That's because those times are the most likely for sellers to drop the price of their listings to try and sell before the event. There's no guarantee, though - if it's a very popular event and there are few tickets on the market, prices can go sky-high instead, or even sell out!

We hope this helps give a bit of clarity around how prices on SeatGeek work, as well as gives you a bit of a guide for any future purchases you might make on the secondary market. If there's ever anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll be happy to assist.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

"Oh your out of town event has been changed from next Saturday till this Tuesday." "Want a refund." "Sorry. No refunds." How can GreedyGeek stay in business? Run away from these soulless fools. They don't give a crap about you.

Hey Seth,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I feel your disappointment here! It can be really upsetting when events are rescheduled like this, and I want to take a moment to talk about our policies around them and why they are the way they are.

As you may know, SeatGeek is a secondary ticket market, meaning that most tickets on our site are not coming direct from the box office - they've already been purchased and are being resold. All sales are generally final once the purchase is made, and it's only in specific circumstances such as non-delivery that we can compel a refund from the seller.

When it comes to postponed events, the general rule of thumb is - if the box office is not refunding, neither can we. This is unfortunately the case for just about every postponed or rescheduled event. In instances like these, we recommend that you simply resell those tickets instead to recoup your cost.

I'd be happy to offer more assistance with reselling if you let me know your order ID, and of course if you ever have any questions or need any other assistance, please let us know!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Been using SeatGeek exclusively for the past few years. Got in a bad situation, was late to my event and 2 friends were at the stadium waiting for me. I didn't even know if I could send them the tickets electronically. The app is so simple and easy to use, I was able to figure it out in about 4 clicks, got the tickets over to my friends, and they were able to get in on time before I even got there!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I clicked on an event and the page redirected me automatically to an event at a different date. Purchased tickets for the wrong event. They would not allow an immediate refund. Told me to try to sell my tickets. I could not resell the tickets. Lost hundreds of dollars!

Hey Lukasz,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience. We never want for someone to wind up with tickets they didn't mean to buy, and we understand your frustration in this situation.

I just reviewed our records from when you purchased these tickets. It looks like you paused while checking out with tickets for the date that I think you must have intended to buy for, August 31st, when you began attempting to login. It looks like it took you several attempts, at which point you navigated away from checkout. When you had logged in and then attempted to find the tickets you were looking at again, it looks like you were then on a different event for the same performer on August 28th instead, where you placed the order and it went through. While this is frustrating, this does not look like an error with our system.

The SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market, we do not have the ability to demand your seller to refund your order in a situation where tickets were purchased by mistake. The good news is, you do still have several days to sell those tickets! This is a popular event and it looks like you are offering them at a good price. If you want to improve your selling chances, you can lower the price a bit further to make sure that you are at the top of the listings, but that may not be necessary given how much time you still have to sell those tickets. So I advise just keeping an eye on your listing, adjusting the price as necessary to keep it near the top of the listings, and waiting for a buyer.

Hope that helped, but if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Getting cash for selling tickets is incredibly difficult. Customer service is terrible. I sold two tickets to a concert where the headliner canceled. I sent emails prior to the show asking if I needed to do anything, but I was assured that I would still be paid, and it was the ultimate buyer's responsibility to use the tickets for the rescheduled show. I was paid for one ticket, but then when I inquired about payment for the second ticket, I was told that I wouldn't be paid for the other one because the show was changed. I initiated all communication and they never reached out to let me know that I wouldn't be paid (not following their own policy) and every time I called, they told me that they would look into it and they never got back to me. I had to keep calling. I'm still waiting for my payment. I'll never use them again. StubHub is much more reliable.

Hey Matt,

Thanks so much for reaching out. We understand that this was a confusing situation, and we'd like to clarify why we could not get you paid for the tickets. This was not because the headliner had changed, but because the venue had changed the event to a free concert and offered refunds for all tickets sold.

When we had discussed this matter with you when the headliner changed and the event rescheduled, the information about this being converted to a free concert was not available yet, so we advised you that sales for rescheduled events are still valid (which is true!)

However, when it came out that the event was free, the situation changed. SeatGeek does not generally permit the sale of tickets for free events through our Marketplace, so the buyer was refunded, resulting in you not being able to be paid.

If you haven't already, you should contact the party you received those tickets from to get refunded for your cost as well.

We hope this helps clarify the situation. If you still have any questions at all though, please do not hesitate to let us know.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My husband purchased tickets to an Astros game on Saturday, August 11, 2018, online, with this pitiful excuse for an honest company. We printed our tickets and attended the game on Sunday, August 12, 2018. Come Monday morning, I checked our credit card and lo and behold, we had been charged two (2) times, for two (2) tickets each. When I called the aforementioned pitiful excuse for an honest company, I was told that they showed where tickets had been purchased twice. One order was for Section 327, Row 2, seats 15 and 16, which is the order we received confirmation and printed our tickets. The second order (which we did not place, nor receive confirmation) was for Section 253, Row 3, Seats 19 and 20.

Obviously, I would love to know if those seats were used (resold), or sat empty for the game. Of course, SeatGeek can't do anything about this, and insist that we placed two (2) orders. We, of course, did not place the second order, and therefore received no confirmation of this phantom order. WE WILL NEVER USE THIS TICKET SERVICE AGAIN! They give no option for ZERO stars!

Hey Kristi,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand how frustrating this situation is, and I'd like to go over what we see from our end.

Looking at your account, we see that two orders were placed - one around 8:01 pm PDT, the other around 8:16 pm PDT. The time elapsing between the two orders eliminates the possibility of a button being double-clicked for an accidental order. Because these two orders are in very different sections as well, each order would have had to have been individually selected - there is no relation between the two orders being placed that would be explained by a system error. We can also see from your account activity that after the first order was placed, your account was actively browsing pages on our site before the second order was placed. Emails were sent to the same email to confirm each purchase.

Because of all this information, this does not appear to be an error on our end, and we are not able to secure a refund for you from your seller. As you may know, the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market. This means that we cannot cancel, exchange, or refund orders after they have been placed so long as your seller fulfills their end in delivering those tickets.

We do understand that this was a disappointing experience, however. We regret that we were not contacted about this issue until the day after the event, several days after the orders were initially placed, because we have no way to help you recoup the cost of the mistaken order if those tickets are unusable. If contacted in time to resell those tickets, we can help you get them on the market so that you can find a buyer and get your money back.

We care a lot about making game days special and it's frustrating that there was not an opportunity to help here. If there's ever anything we can do to help in the future, though, we truly hope that you will let us know and we'll happily do all we can.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I went to the Beyonce concert (8/8/2018) and planned to buy my tickets the night of as I am on a tight, tight budget and wanted to make sure I could really go. I bought them from a different ticket vendor that did not work out to begin with, and being in a rush and having used SeatGeek before I had no hesitation using this site. However, when I had purchased my tickets (two) and went to place them under the scanner, they were invalid and blinking red instead of green when scanned. I called SeatGeek and they sent a pdf of the tickets which still did not work under the scanner. Calling again I was put on and off hold for quite some time and was offered assistance without receiving much actual assistance. I wanted to get into the concert as my main priority but they were unable to help me find different tickets. I was told I would get my money back right away after filling out a long form.

I was fine with this however with the other ticket company that I had issues with I was given my money back the minute I contacted them with my issue. I have filled out the form and I am still waiting to get my money back and I did not get to attend the concert. I will be deleting this app because although they were willing to help, the help was not great and if this is rarely supposed to happen, I would hope that when this issue does happen it could have be solved much faster than this and exceptions could be made to help me get into the concert.

The thing about a concert is you spend the whole night getting ready and it takes more money to get to the concert than just the actual ticket so I lost more than the approximate $168 that I still do not have back. The gas money, parking, and other such expenses add up too, which also went to waste. I have never been the type to write a review but, as a broke college student who works hard, saves almost every penny, and splurges wisely (I still bought the cheapest tickets), I was extremely disappointed to have one of the only nights of summer I looked forward to, taken away.

Hey Ashley,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. This is a situation we never want any user to find themselves in, and we're so sorry that it happened! Sellers providing invalid tickets is a rare but very serious issue on the secondary market, which is why we back all sales with our Buyers Guarantee. While there may be a small wait while we investigate the details with the venue to confirm what happened, a situation like you've described with tickets being invalid WILL get you a refund - often above and beyond what you paid in the first place.

That said, I was not able to find an order number using your credentials, and I'd like to check in on your refund and make sure that everything is going smoothly. We'll be reaching out to you privately to get more details on your order so we an follow up and make sure that this is handled as smoothly as possible for you, so please keep an eye out for an email from us!

1-888-506-4101

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased tickets as a Christmas gift approximately 12/01/17 for an event 11/10/18; Michigan Wolverines at Rutgers Scarlet Knights at High point Stadium in Piscataway, New Jersey to be exact. After purchase I realized these tickets were extremely overpriced and ask for a refund as the tickets were not even delivered yet. I was told these tickets cannot be refunded and that the tickets would be delivered to me via email on 11/03/18 which is seven days before the event. I was told not to worry because I could sell these tickets on websites like “StubHub” or “Ticketmaster”.

After about a month of asking how is this possible without the tickets in hand or ticket number to the event a customer service representative told me that “It may be possible to do this, and to ask “StubHub” if it is possible”. It is now 4 months before the event. Seat Geek still states all sales are final and my tickets will be delivered seven days prior to the event. After numerous e-mails they offered me a $20.00 credit but still have yet to answer how can I sell these tickets like they stated 6 months ago or cancel and refund my money. Seat Geek has the worst customer service I've ever experienced and can't give me a straight answer.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Bought tickets to a Pirates game that got rained out. SeatGeek referred me to the Seller... TicketNetwork... for their policy on a rain check. I can get a replacement ticket but only for the rescheduled make up game and NO other. Tickets purchased thru the Pirates or StubHub can be exchanged for ANY other remaining game this season. Don't use SeatGeek...and if the actual Seller thru any other 3rd party ticket website is TicketNetwork, go elsewhere. Sorry I can't give either of these companies less than 1 star.

SeatGeek expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SeatGeek is an online ticket aggregator that provides customers with an easy way to find events and purchase tickets. Working with other ticket vendors means that SeatGeek offers more listings than many other online or retail vendors.

• Huge inventory: SeatGeek boasts "the largest inventory on the web," listing more than 400,000 tickets for arts and theater, concerts and sports.

• Interactive 3D maps: Know exactly where you will be sitting in relation to the band or stage when you purchase your tickets.

• Mobile app: Search for and purchase event tickets from your mobile device.

• Notifications: Receive alerts when your favorite bands, plays or teams are scheduled to appear near you.

• Resell your tickets: Sign up to easily post a listing for your unusable tickets and sell them via SeatGeek.

• Best for: SeatGeek has tickets for music concerts and sporting events, making it best for concert-goers and sports enthusiasts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs