3.3/5 (2127 ratings)

About SeatGeek

SeatGeek helps customers find and compare ticket prices for events and concerts across the United States. SeatGeek has a money-back guarantee, works to make sure you receive your tickets on time and offers transparent pricing on all sales.

Pros

• Rating insights
  • No fees
  • Transparent pricing
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Not the largest selection
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Although SeatGeek doesn’t have the largest selection of all ticket companies, its transparent pricing and simple rating model make it a great option for ticket shopping.

Top SeatGeek Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

SeatGeek is my go to for finding tickets. The ability to see a price score and even the view of the field from a potential section of a stadium/arena is a huge plus. I'll always p...

Verified

This is the first time we use Seat Geek, and we were extremely pleased!! It was very easy to complete the transaction and get our tickets!! We experienced no problems whatsoever. ...

What is SeatGeek?

SeatGeek is a ticket search engine that helps customers find and purchase affordable tickets to events all across the nation. All tickets sold by marketplace vendors offer a full money-back guarantee — sometimes even more than the ticket price — if the event is canceled or the ticket isn’t provided on time. SeatGeek has transparent prices, and all fees are included in the total cost of the ticket.

How does SeatGeek work?

SeatGeek searches multiple ticket sites to help you find the best available seats at a low price. SeatGeek offers a rating system called Deal Score that shows you how good a deal a ticket is compared to other sites, and the company provides options to help you decide which to purchase.

The tickets on SeatGeek are from primary markets that have allocated inventory to SeatGeek, like MLS, NBA or NFL teams, ticket brokers reselling tickets or individual sellers who purchased tickets and can’t attend the event.

How much are SeatGeek fees?

Unlike some sites, SeatGeek does not charge a flat fee for tickets. Instead, fees for purchasing tickets vary depending on the event, artist, venue and seat location. This means that fees can be expensive in some cases, but they can sometimes be more affordable than buying from primary markets. The fees are included in the total price and are not a surprise when you finalize the purchase.

SeatGeek FAQ

Is SeatGeek reliable?
Yes, SeatGeek is reliable. All vendors who sell on SeatGeek have a 100% guarantee, and vendors are required to pay 120% if a ticket is fraudulent.
How long does it take to receive tickets from SeatGeek?
For e-tickets or mobile transfers, tickets are sent to your account within 24 hours of the event, meaning you likely will not receive them right away. Shipped tickets arrive within 48 hours of the event.
Are SeatGeek seats together?
Yes. Tickets in the same listing are adjacent to each other unless stated otherwise in the seller’s notes.
Are SeatGeek tickets guaranteed?
Yes, all SeatGeek tickets are secured by a guarantee.
Does SeatGeek verify tickets?
From our research, it doesn’t appear that SeatGeek verifies tickets. However, tickets do include guarantees in case a ticket is fraudulent.
Why is SeatGeek so expensive?
SeatGeek includes its fees in the prices, so its prices may seem more expensive upfront because there are no hidden fees.

Is SeatGeek legit?

SeatGeek is a legitimate way to compare and purchase tickets from different vendors and venues. It works with companies that offer guarantees on their tickets, like Eventbrite, and requires third-party sellers to guarantee 120% of a ticket if it ends up being fake or double purchased. The company has transparent pricing and includes fees in the upfront cost, which makes it easy to understand exactly how much a ticket costs when comparing prices.

SeatGeek Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

It's unclear that the returnable tickets are only for a promo code, not cash. I wanted to change my order, so I went ahead and bought new tickets first, but they then wouldn't return the first purchase, so I'm stuck with those tickets as well. After this bad experience, instead of trying to help, the customer service really made it much worse. Didn't get a sense that anyone is trying to help.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Very sad and frustrating experience, and it will deter me from buying Broadway tickets from them going forward. There was a technical glitch on the SeatGeek website with tickets appearing then disappearing. I tried purchasing tickets in Row A but got an error message. So, assuming that the tickets in Row A had been purchased just that quick, I purchased tickets in Row B.

Minutes later, I noticed that the tickets in Row A had reappeared. I then chatted with a rep from SeatGeek to request an exchange for the tickets in Row A that had reappeared (same price). The tickets actually disappeared and reappeared again for the representative. In the end, the reps there are powerless and need to "escalate" the issue to the "assigned team." Many hours later, I called back, and they simply said, "All sales final." There was no consideration that a technical glitch on their side caused the issue and my dissatisfaction. Ticketmaster was much more responsive with better customer service values.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Purchased tickets for Lady Gaga in Atlanta for my daughters. Received all notification. The transaction was complete, my credit card was charged, the tickets were accepted. They were never transferred to my Ticketmaster account in order to access via mobile app, spent two days on the phone with customer service. They acknowledge I did buy them, they can see them in their system. Stay as far away from this company as possible... Do not use them! Still fighting for my refund, the management is a joke.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Purchased 2 tickets to Lady A concert at the Ryman. Band cancelled show and rest of 2022 tour. Easy, right if what is said on this site is correct. Well, wrong. Contacted SeatGeek for refund. Zippo. "All sales are final" was the answer I received. Email from Ryman says to contact point of purchase for refund. $600 down the toilet. I have two tickets to a show that didn't happen and SeatGeek has my $.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

SeatGeek failed to deliver my tickets on time despite ordering well in advance. They did not want to offer other tickets (many still available) and only offered to refund our money at 120% -as this is their guarantee. We did receive a refund however we never received the extra 20 % as promised despite many emails promising they would.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

This is a fraud ring. They offer a money back guarantee and don’t respect it. I purchased tickets they misrepresented; they acknowledged the misrepresentation and offered refund. Then kept money and accepted return of tickets. This is clearly not a legit business person. I’m happy to share correspondence with anyone. Be careful purchasing here. They need to be shut down to protect public.

Original review: July 31, 2022

On July 3rd, we arrived at Ball Arena gate, and our mobile tickets were scanned as invalid. We were escorted to the box office, where we were informed that our tickets had been resold. We were told that our only recourse was to purchase 2 new tickets. Our original tickets were on the floor, but the new tickets were not. Disappointed is an understatement. After the event, we contacted SeatGeek support, and after several emails, we were told we would receive a 120% refund. It is now almost a month later and we have received nothing. I am not confident that we will receive our refund.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I bought two tickets for a Tim Allen show in SF. Five days later Ticketmaster sent an e-mail that the show was cancelled. I contacted SeatGeek for a refund. First they said they had not received word of a cancelation. I forwarded the Ticketmaster e-mail. Then they said that they did not have "official cancelation notification" and even then, if it had been rescheduled my tickets would work (It has not been rescheduled). These guys are difficult to work with. The tickets are not a million dollars but a significant sum for me. I am very disappointed.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I had 4 tickets to a Red Sox game and was looking to purchase 2 more so my children could join us at the game. Although there were many sites selling tickets for less, Seatgeek was the only one that had 2 tickets in the same row. They cost about $70 more per ticket than other sites but it was worth it to my to have seats in the same row as the tickets I already owned. My order confirmation had the correct row and seat numbers but when I actually received my tickets they were for seats that were 4 rows away. I called immediately and explained the problem.

I was told they were "better" seats and that I should be happy with the "upgrade". I explained why I wanted the seats in the same row and I was told they would correct the problem. The next day I was told the original seats I paid for were no longer available and there was nothing they could do. I asked for a refund as tickets 4 rows away would not work me my party. I was told there was no way I would get my money back that they have every right to provide different seats than what I chose and purchased. Extremely frustrating!

Original review: July 27, 2022

Purchase two tickets to a sporting event for me and my son. The tickets were transferred to me the day before the event. The seats were not together. I contacted SeatGeek and was told that although this was their fault nothing could be Done. I will never use SeatGeek again and I’ll place my review on every social media possible. Be very careful when purchasing thru SeatGeek.

SeatGeek Company Information