It's that easy Request Information
1.89/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for tickets to your favorite live entertainment event? Look no further than SeatGeek! Analyzing data from over 350,000 venues, their Deal Score system lists thousands of tickets and rates to give you the best bargain while their interactive venue map lets you find the perfect seat. Looking for tickets in a pinch? SeatGeek has you covered on Android, iPhone, tablets and much more. You can set-up notifications to get alerts when your favorite artist or sports team is in town. Visit SeatGeek today to see the best event in your city!

101 SeatGeek Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I purchased a ticket from them, and I was sent a email saying, that the order was complete. And I will be getting a email confirmation soon... Shortly after they sent me another email saying that they have my back! On concert tickets and all my event tickets...I thought ok that’s cool. Then several hours later they send me another email saying that the ticket I bought was already sold, and there’s nothing I can do but go back online and look for another one... At first I thought it was a mistake, so I emailed them and they said, "Sorry but don’t worry. We will refund the money." So I emailed them again and said, "This is a gift! It’s not about the money! It’s about the ticket! To go to the game!"

They refused to give me any kind of gift card or credit or anything!!! Instead the tickets sold out and it was a complete waste of time, and 2 really disappointed people. I will never go through them again!!! And I’m warning everyone not to also. OH... And one last thing, I’m still waiting for the refund. I know it’s the weekend but, it’s a horrible thing to do to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My husband and I was looking forward to attending the Lions vs Cardinals game schedule for today December 9th only to realize due to an error made on our part. We didn't realize that the game was being held in Arizona. I call to find out if there was anyway that we could receive a refund or if the 175.00 which we had purchase for the seats could be applied to an upcoming game that would be held in Detroit. I was told that there was not much they could do for me because the tickets was from a private seller but they would see what they could do.

I received an email back today telling me that they had a solution they would refund me all of my money back but I would have to purchase tickets for Lions' home game first. What kind of BS is that. If you already got the money why couldn't you just use what I've already given. I don't just have money lying around to throw away. I understand this was a mistake made on our part but do you think we on dope or dog food. This company sucks at best, this is a warning to all consumers. Please read everything carefully before you send these CLOWNS any of your money. They don't allow room for mistakes.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was involuntarily put on SeatGeek's email list after purchasing concert tickets through Ticketmaster. However, I never subscribed for SeatGeek! Then, when I went to unsubscribe for the mailing list (that I never signed up for), the process was not simple and I was warned that if I unsubscribe, I would not ever be able to join again!? I had to reply "I understand"... I thought sending junk mail was illegal in Canada, now. SeatGeek... Stop spamming people!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased tickets for a December 7th, 2018 event on September 7th. Tickets were confirmed to be delivered on or before December 5th. Tickets never came. Called SeatGeek three times and was told that they were still waiting for tickets to arrive. They told me "Don't worry, we don't have any reason to think they aren't coming." Every time I called they extended their deadline and would not provide replacement tickets or a refund. This is completely unacceptable as they have already violated their guarantee to provide tickets. I took a chance with SeatGeek and I was wrong. DO NOT USE this site. Their confirmations and guarantees mean nothing. They charged my credit card in September and will not provide the tickets, nor issue a refund.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I tried to buy 6 tickets to a college game, they took my credit card info but then told me that the tickets were no longer available. He was supposed to cancel the charge, so I went on to buy from another site. I was shocked to see the charge was not canceled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased four tickets about four months ago for a NFL game. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I can go to the game and would like to resell the tickets on SeatGeek. THEY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE!!! I have been trying for four days. I am willing to accept their fees for the resell. Email - Email - Email. No one will actually do anything!!! Stay away from SeatGeek.

SeatGeek response

It looks like in order to get you set up as a seller on our site, our payment processor needed for you to verify your identity. We provided you the instructions on how to do this, and it looks like you did so successfully. I see that you were able to list those tickets for sale and have already sold two of the four of them, and still have a good week or more to sell the remaining two. Hopefully this means all this was resolved for you! If you need any other assistance with selling, please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

This company does not even deserve one star. I have no words but I feel the need to share my experience in order to protect others. SeatGeek raves on their site about "trusted sellers" and how they are the "smart way to buy tickets." NOT THE CASE. I bought two Freddie Gibbs tickets back in October for my bf's birthday. I paid $120 a ticket for (GA) for a total cost of $239. I am not familiar with Freddie Gibbs so I assumed since I was buying from a "trusted" website that this was a fair price. Turns out GA tickets are going for $25... and VIP tickets are going for $75.

Not only was I ripped off but when I called SeatGeek to see if there was anything they can do they said it was my fault for trusting the ticket price? While I do take some responsibility - the whole motto for SeatGeek is TRUSTED TICKETS. I will never be this naive again and will never use this company again. I will also be sure to spread my experience so others do not make the same mistake. My advice to you is to check up on the sellers to make sure they are not scam artists. The original seller of my ticket goes by the name of Kristopher **. I hope you at least have the decency to take away his privileges so he cannot do this to anyone else.

SeatGeek response

As a marketplace, SeatGeek is a platform that allows sellers to list tickets at their chosen price, and buyers to browse listings and determine what deals they want to take. It sounds like you're comparing the price you paid, which is set by the seller, to the price labeled on the ticket, which is the face value and has no relevance to the price that buyers pay on the secondary market. Similar to buying tickets on any marketplace, it's up to the buyer to decide how much they are willing to pay for the tickets before making an order.

While we definitely recognize the pain of paying more than you felt the tickets were worth, we don't have the option to force a refund from your seller after a buyer has ordered tickets at the they price agreed to.

We do recognize that this is a disappointing experience though, and we really wish there was more we could do to help here. If you ever want to discuss anything more relating to this order, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Saints vs. Bucs - 12/9/18. Bought one seat, 8 rows from the field, near where the Saints enter and exit the field. Paid in full online, for an instant download ticket, but the order showed pending - though my card was charge and an order confirmation issued by SeatGeek. Two days later, SeatGeek e-mailed me stating that the seat was no longer available and they refunded my money - but also provided a link to search for comparable seats. The link was to their normal seat selection map which not only had less selection than 48 hours ago (due to sales volume), but absolutely nothing in terms of a comparable seat at the same price level (comparable seat would be an additional $50). This isn't the first incident. SeatGeek needs to be investigated for bait and switch, as well as price gouging (as a result of bait and switch). Classic example.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for sharing your experience. We understand this was a frustrating experience, and we'd like to help offer a bit more context about what happened with this order and how SeatGeek handles order cancellations.

The SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market, meaning that the tickets are not sold directly by SeatGeek and the prices are set by individual sellers. When an order is placed, it's normal for it to go into a "pending" state, giving the seller time to confirm the availability of those tickets. This is very important for sellers whose agreements with us allow them to list on multiple markets concurrently - if a ticket sells on two separate markets around the same time, the order must be reviewed in order to make sure that the first order is the only one to receive tickets.

We give our sellers 24 hours to do this check when orders are placed well in advance of game day, and if they do not confirm orders in that time, will automatically reject the order. This is what happened here - the order placed on 11/24 was rejected on 11/25 without being confirmed.

At that point, you received an email letting you know that the order could not be confirmed, and a link that let you see what other sellers had available for that event. Prices on the secondary market do fluctuate over time, and in this case it looks like availability had dropped and prices had increased in the 24 hours since your initial order was placed. That's not ideal, but it's also not in SeatGeek's control - individual sellers set their own prices, and we do not have influence over the market price they are listing their tickets for.

That said, it looks like there's still a good week or so before the game, and prices and availability are changing all the time. I see at least one ticket in a similar section to the ticket you'd purchased, and a better row, that's actually a bit cheaper than your original purchase. So don't give up yet - you may wind up with an even better deal!

Hopefully that helps. Please let us know if you have any further concerns!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Very disappointed in this company and my customer service experience with them. Six days ago I purchased 4 tickets for my family and I to attend a college football game. The $454 dollars came out of my account immediately - however it is now 16 hours before the start of the event and I still do not have tickets. Numerous back and forth emails and 2 phone calls later the supervisor can only tell me that the “seller” must have intentions to release the tickets and they have until 9:00 am EST to release them. Furthermore if I do not have my tickets by 9:00 am in the morning, then they can possibly provide me a refund. This is unacceptable and not realistic for a family to plan for an event that they thought was secure a week ago. I would NEVER recommend this company for obtaining tickets to any event.

SeatGeek response

Thanks for sharing your experience. Reviewing your order, it definitely looks like there was an issue with the seller here. While the tickets were expected to be fulfilled through the SeatGeek portal, they seller marked it fulfilled through external delivery the day after you ordered.

While this would usually mean they transferred the tickets to you through a third-party service, you never received an emailed offer from a third party like the seller sent. This typically happens when there's an issue on the part of the website being used to transfer the tickets, so we let you know we'd be reaching out to the seller to have the tickets re-transferred, which typically fixes the problem. However, the seller did not come through with a re-transfer as we requested. This is obviously not OK and we recognized the stress the situation was causing, so we considered the order broken and got you a full refund for your order.

We hope that we were able to wrap this up to your satisfaction. That said, if you have any lingering questions or concerns you'd like to discuss, we'd be happy to talk about them - just let us know.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased 2 tickets to Travis Scott Astroworld concert that suppose to be held on November 21, 2018. The first day tickets became available on August 22, 2018 and I purchased them as soon as they went live on the website. They were floor seats. I then received confirmation with order number and everything and that my tickets would be available close to the concert date. They notified me that the tickets would be available on the 19th of November 2018 and I did not receive them.

So I waited until the 20th and still nothing, I then contacted customer support only for them to tell me the seller cannot fulfill my order and I would be issued a refund. I refused this offer and insisted on getting my tickets that I paid for. They had the audacity to give me nosebleed seat tickets worth way less than what I paid for my floor seats and an additional 50$ credit for SeatGeek on my account. This was suppose to be my first concert experience and I didn't even go. I just got my full refund and said ** outa here with those garbage ** seats.

SeatGeek response

It's incredibly disappointing that the seller did not deliver the tickets they promised -- I fully understand where you're coming from. Situations like these are never good, and especially when comparable replacements are not available, which is our preferred way of making good on a seller's broken order. Unfortunately, comparable replacements were not available at the time the seller informed us that they could not fulfill your order. In a situation like this, we will sometimes offer downgraded replacements, sometimes with an additional promo credit, in order to help make sure that at least our user doesn't miss out on the event. As you know, you are by no means required to accept that offer - if that isn't an offer that works for you, we can move ahead with a refund, generally above and beyond what you paid, so that you can either secure replacements on your own or hold onto those funds for a future event.

We recognize that this kind of experience is never good, and we so wish that we had had an option to assist you better at the time. We really just want for you to be having the time of your life at your event, so if there's ever anything we can do to help out, we sincerely hope you'll let us know.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Updated on 12/02/2018: I love how you post a review, and the company responds and then your review says there is “resolution in progress”. The only progress I am making is with the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission. SeatGeek resounds with “oh we know how you feel” and “It must be so frustrating” but they do not intend to make any advances to make this better. Oh, and these tickets that I bought from StubHub WERE NC State tickets. I called them to see why they so freely gave my money back and they said that the original event was canceled and they stand by their buyer guarantee.

The ironic thing is, SeatGeek sold me hard stock tickets, but then their response to me was “You can resell your tickets, you just can’t sell them on our site because we do not sell hard stock tickets” WHAT?? I bought them from you, but you don’t sell them??? Such a crock!! Oh and I did a try to sell the tickets, but like I said, no one wanted to go to that game. I couldn’t even give them away. I will continue to let my voice be heard. I paid $500 for these tickets because of their “buyer guarantee” yet the only guarantee is that they will take your money and you’re out. STAY AWAY!

Original Review: I am in contact with the Federal Trade Commission about this. I purchased tickets to a football game on Sept 15th locally. The game was between ECU and WV. My family is from WV so we were excited to see them play. A few days before the event, a hurricane came through, and the event was CANCELLED. WV could not reschedule due to their already tight schedule. NC State then decided that they would play ECU on Dec 1st, a date that I knew we couldn't attend, plus we had no desire to see these two teams play. I contacted Customer Service and after a multitude of emails, was told that the event WASN'T cancelled, but rescheduled. With a different team? And since NC State was playing another team on a different day, my tickets were still good and they wouldn't refund. HELLO! Not the same game at ALL! How is this rescheduled.

The ironic thing is that I had also purchased tickets from Stub Hub for a friend and before I could contact them, I had an email stating that the event was indeed cancelled and they refunded my money WITHOUT QUESTION. I called them and they said that even if there is another game scheduled, the original event was cancelled which is why I received my money back. As I said, I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau. This is ridiculous. I have no problem suing them. I don't care if it costs me money, they can't continue to rip people off.

SeatGeek response

We absolutely understand where you are coming from. The reason why some users may be refunded depends entirely on the ticket source - tickets sourced through the West Virginia ticket office have been cancelled and refunded, but tickets sourced through the ECU ticket office are still good for the future date. You can confirm this information for yourself on the official site of NC State, the team now scheduled to play ECU: https://gopack.com/news/2018/10/2/nc-state-football-to-host-east-carolina-on-december-1.aspx?path=football

As a marketplace, SeatGeek can only promise refunds in situations where the seller has not delivered valid tickets for the order. Because your tickets were not in the group that was cancelled, we did not have a basis to secure a refund from the seller of your tickets. We do recognize how disappointing this is, and if you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

On Nov. 2, I bought two $125 tickets to a concert in San Francisco on 11/11/2018. I was emailed confirmation of the tickets right away and saw a link to the tickets in the email. When I attempted to click the link to access the tickets while standing in line to attend the event the link was broken. Then (while still waiting in line) I downloaded the app, and tried logging in but wasn't able to. I then chose to log in via Facebook, and no tickets appeared under my account. I called and emailed SeatGeek while in line but of course their phones close at 11 PM Eastern time.

I assumed the tickets were fraudulent and went home without going to the concert. Only after I received an email from them in the morning was I FINALLY able to access the tickets and by then it was too late. They refused to refund my tickets even though the original link from my email was broken. I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't just email me my tickets as an attachment, send me a direct and working link to them from my email, or be available until 11 PM Pacific time for questions. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!

SeatGeek response

We understand your frustration here. I'd like to take a moment to offer a bit more context as to what happened with this order, in the hopes of making sure you never experience a situation like this again.

We emailed you instructions on claiming those tickets 9 days prior to the event, which required you to login to SeatGeek and access them through the SeatGeek account created at the time your tickets were ordered. We did include a link to make navigation easier, but it sounds like you were having difficulties accessing that link at the time of the event. That's why we provided instructions that you could also simple log into SeatGeek using the account used for your order to access your tickets.

It looks like there were no attempts to access those tickets until about an hour before the event. Our logs show that you attempted to log in twice but entered the wrong credentials, then instead created a new account using a Facebook login, which did not give you access to the tickets on the first account. This is why you were not able to access those tickets at the time of the event.

It looks like you were able to access your tickets without issue the next day, when you used the reset password feature to gain access to the account that ordered the tickets.

Because these access issues could have been resolved at any time before the event and because the issues were caused by supplying incorrect credentials to your account, not using the reset password feature at the time you needed access to the event, and not logging into the correct account, this isn't a situation where we can offer a refund. In the future, we recommend taking the time to access those tickets ahead of the event to resolve any confusions you might experience when using a new service for the first time.

If there's ever anything else we can help with, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I purchased tickets to an NFL game. Upon submitting my order, the confirmation page said I would receive an email to complete the registration. I never received an email. I contacted Customer Service via the email contact. The response told me to click on the button in the email I received to be fully verified. Obviously, they did not read my email because I never received the email in order to be able to take that step. (Email was not in junk/spam box.) I was then told that the tickets would be electronic and I could access them through the app.

When trying to log into the app, got a message that I had the incorrect password. Clicked on the “Forgot?” button to reset the password but never received the email for the reset. Contacted Customer Service again who responded that they had sent an email to reset my password. Did not get the email. Called Customer Service to actually speak with someone. Again, didn’t get a reset email. Said we had to try another email address. Gave a second email address that I do not use. Never received the reset email to that address. Gave a third email (my husband’s work email) and never received that email.

During all of this, the rep was talking to their tech people and trying to figure out why I wasn’t getting emails (interestingly enough I was conversing with them via email). After several days of back and forth both via phone and email, I agreed to pick up the tickets at Will Call at the venue. That is always cause for anxiety because you don’t actually have the tickets in hand and this involved a hotel stay. I was told to pick up at Will Call. Went to Will Call at the venue the day of the event and was told they did not handle any third party tickets. Called SeatGeek who then said that maybe I needed to go to the box office.

The gentleman on the phone helped in finding where the box office was located. The box office at first said they did not have any tickets but somehow I finally got them after being persistent. This was all the biggest anxiety-ridden hassle. All of the reps I spoke with were very cordial and were sincerely trying to help me but there’s obviously a bug in their system. One other thing, I was then charged $5 per ticket at the box office for them handing me a paper ticket which no one at SeatGeek made me aware of. This was a horrible experience. I’ve used other ticket services before without any issues.

Hey Barbara,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. This is definitely not typical for our users, and it's important to us that we helped get this addressed for you. It looks like we continued working with you after this review was posted and helped sort these issues out, but if you still have any concerns that we can assist with, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I purchased Blink 182 tickets back in June and the concert has been rescheduled. I have reached out to SeatGeek asking them what date I would be attending as the band had several weekends in October and November scheduled. Each time I sent an email, I received an email stating that they have not received a date from the seller. I supplied them with all of the upcoming dates via screenshot from the venue website and then they tell me they will ask. Why did they not ask before my email. I have been proactive and have asked several times and still have not heard back. The last date of the tour is next weekend and I cannot attend.

I am sure they will tell me that those happen to be the dates and for me to resell my tickets. The customer service has been horrible. They did not even know the dates of the rescheduled concert until I sent them a screenshot. I highly doubt that the seller of the tickets still don't have a date. The dates of my emails have been 9/30/18, 10/11/18, 11/2/18, 11/3/18, 11/4/18, 11/6/18, 11/7/18 and 11/11/18. Would like to get an answer!!!

SeatGeek response

Thanks for posting! It looks like we've already discussed this with you, but this specific tour date was not a part of those rescheduled dates. Instead, it has been postponed by the venue without a planned rescheduled date while they work it out with the team. We ordinarily can't offer refunds in these situations, but luckily it looks like we worked out a solution with you when you reached out to us.

Again though, we really do appreciate your feedback here! Please let us know if there's ever anything else we can help with.

SeatGeek CX Team

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I wish a zero star rating was possible because this company is the worst I've ever dealt with. We purchased tickets for the Drake + Migos tour, originally scheduled in Miami for Saturday, September 22nd, spending $2,400 on 3 tickets. The show was then rescheduled 3 hours before the event for the middle of the week on November 14th. My boyfriend's dad was on vacation from Europe and I have since moved to Boston for work, making it impossible for any of us to attend this new date. SeatGeek informed us that there is NO way to be refunded because the event was rescheduled, and we would have to resell the tickets to get any portion of the money back.

Even though tickets have decreased by HALF in value, this would have been slightly reasonable, except now they also insist that they cannot ship the tickets until 48h before the event and we would receive the tickets 24h before the show. How are we supposed to resell tickets in 24h? This company is garbage and you should purchase tickets expecting that at any chance, your money will be thrown away. Waste of $2,400. This is a ridiculous amount of money to waste on literally nothing. I cannot believe the customer service rep was extremely unhelpful and unwilling to do anything to help. I will never purchase from this company again and would advise everyone I know to stay away!!!

SeatGeek response

Hey Sophia, this definitely sounds like a frustrating experience! It sounds like there were three issues here: 1.) the event being rescheduled to an inconvenient date, 2.) SeatGeek being unable to secure you a refund, and 3.) the tickets being on a delayed release.

When it comes to the first issue, we wholeheartedly sympathize. Events being postponed are the bane of fans everywhere, especially when it's done at the last minute.

Unfortunately, because this is something that neither SeatGeek nor sellers can account for and it is not covered by our guarantee, we are not able to secure a refund for you. As a secondary ticket marketplace, the circumstances where we can secure refunds are limited. When a venue postpones an event like this, it's generally because they do not want to refund their buyers. Without having the tickets cancelled to force refunds, sellers are generally not willing to cancel sales based on a postponed event, which is why we cover this in our terms to clearly state that we can't offer refunds in these instances.

The delayed release is also very frustrating. Delayed releases are enforced by the venue, usually in order to limit the amount of time that tickets can be mishandled. It's increasingly common to see 72, 48, and even 24 hours delays on tickets. When it comes to selling, there are actually lots of options out there that will let you list tickets before you have them in-hand for just that reason, so definitely don't hold off on listing those tickets just because you don't have them yet! If you need help finding a market that will let you list those, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Hopefully this helps clarify the situation and give you an idea of your options going forward. If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I would give them a ZERO star if there was an option for that! Learn from my mistake. This company DOES NOT GUARANTEE your seats! We learned that the hard way. When I contacted SeatGeek about my "pending" tickets, I learned they did not even process my purchase and the seller rejected our purchase even though our credit card was pending a charge and an email say pending confirmation. They are a go-between ticket holder and you. Some of you probably already know all this, but I did not. We tried to purchase 2 sets of tickets so our friends can go with us, but this unfortunate incident happen that our plans had to completely change.

Also, their reps rather than even trying to help or contact the seller, all they said was we need to resell our tickets. Why in the world are we even paying for a FEE! We are reporting them to BBB. If they have a platform that they use with their sellers, a company who has good business ethics should favor and work their best for their customers. I would be more interested in a company that provides better service for the ticket purchaser than a ticket scalper. Unfortunately, because they don’t, I have post this review and warn other buyers and will NEVER be using this company for any future purchases and warning ALL BUYERS as well. Their customer service number and reps are useless in even trying to problem solve. It's almost like a script in their responses and are careless to their customers.

SeatGeek response

Hey Brian, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'd be happy to help clarify our policies and guarantees.

You've likely heard some iteration of this already, but when it comes to orders, before they are put into a "confirmed" state that is covered by our guarantee, they are first in a "pending" state. While pending, the order is not considered guaranteed - this is the period of time where the seller confirms that the inventory is still available and has not been purchased by another customer in the moments before your order. Typically, the seller has no problem getting those tickets into a "confirmed" state, but if for any reason the order cannot be fulfilled, the order will be cancelled and all charges voided without ever being processed by SeatGeek.

This is why we strongly recommend purchasing all tickets as a single set - either they all go through and are finalized together, or they are cancelled and your money is returned for the whole set. When purchasing two different sets of tickets, you are likely purchasing from two entirely different sellers. Sales cannot be cancelled from the buyer's end once an order is placed, as from that point on sellers have foregone all other selling opportunities for the sake of your order, so if two sets of tickets are ordered but one seller is unable to deliver, we are not able to secure you a refund from the other seller based on that.

Hopefully that helps to clarify what happened with your orders, and why we were unable to offer a refund in this instance. That said, if you have any questions, please let us know!

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My tickets were sent to a wrong email that I couldn't access and I called and emailed them for 5 days and it seemed like no one knew how to solve the problem or couldn't contact the seller to send the tickets to my correct email. I never felt so scammed. Very frustrated. Still waiting on those tickets or a refund.

SeatGeek response

Hey Jelani, thanks so much for sharing your experience here. This is definitely not an OK situation! It looks like a wrong e-mail was entered for your order in error, after which you reached out to get this situation corrected in plenty of time, but the seller was simply unresponsive when it came to getting your tickets delivered to the correct address. This is not what we expect of our sellers, and I want to follow up with you to check in on this. Please keep an eye out for an email from our team.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My little sister accidentally misplaced her tickets to the Travis Scott concert. When I emailed SeatGeek to see if they could resend the tickets electronically or again they replied that they could not, and they could not refund it either. These tickets were $200 a piece, this is ridiculous. Will never be buying from them again. Buyers beware. They do not accommodate. Waste of almost $500 dollars.

SeatGeek response

Hey Marwa, thanks for reaching out. This situation is definitely no good!

The issue is, hard stock tickets are essentially like cash. They work for whoever holds them, and if you lose them, it can be very very difficult to get a hold of them again. There are times where tickets are not able to be reissued, depending on what source the seller gets them through, and cannot be converted to e-tickets either. We also cannot force the seller to refund tickets that they sold and delivered properly, but were lost by the buyer.

It's incredibly disappointing when this happens, and we always do our best to exhaust all possible ways of getting those tickets replaced. However, whenever ordering hard stock tickets, it's very important to keep them safe so that situations like this don't happen.

I wish we could have been more help here, but I hope this at least helps to clarify the situation! If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I had bought two tickets for the Boston game in Toronto, however the tickets arrived extremely late and I wasn’t able to assure that they would arrive before leaving the house. I received an email 10 minutes before the game and by then I had waited for over an hour, and it was too late as I live an hour away. Thus I declined the tickets hoping for a refund, yet I have been charged the full $200 for an event I was unable to attend due to the extreme delay on the tickets. I have been looking for tickets all day and now I missed the game and have to pay $200 for nothing.

Just to clarify, my order ID was ** and although I purchased the tickets at 6:49, I received the confirmation email at 7:49, 11 minutes before the game started which is completely unacceptable. I contacted the SeatGeek and all they said was that they can't help me and that they "connect sellers and buyers only", horrible way to help a customer who just lost tons of money. The least they could have done was contact the seller and help me get a refund. Terrible experience and I DO NOT RECOMMEND using this website at all.

SeatGeek response

Hey Kaan, thanks for sharing your feedback. This situation sounds very frustrating, and we totally understand where you're coming from

The issue is, declining the delivery of those tickets is not enough to secure a refund for you. If we had been told at the time that you needed to leave for the event that you no longer wanted the tickets, we could have advised you that the order could not be cancelled, and further reassured you that our Buyer Guarantee would have you covered with replacements if there were any issue with the seller delivering those tickets so that you wouldn't be stuck outside of the gate.

Because we were not informed you no longer wanted those tickets until well after the time you were unable to make it to the game, however, and because the seller did deliver those tickets in time for the game per our Guarantee, we do not have a basis that we can use to secure a refund from your seller.

I definitely understand that this is a disappointing answer, and if you'd like to discuss it any further, please email us and refer to this review in your contact - we'd be happy to talk it out.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased tickets through SeatGeek without issue about 1 year ago. However, this past Saturday I received an order confirmation for 2 tickets to an NFL football game that I did not purchase. I contacted them immediately only to be told they were "only a platform connecting sellers and buyers" and would do nothing to help with the problem. Obviously I am disputing the charge. The other issue is that I make it a point NOT to allow websites to "save" my Credit Card information for future purposes but they still had it. Scary.

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out. Situations like this are so scary and unwelcome, and we truly hope this is sorted out for you quickly! We take reports of unauthorized purchases very seriously. As we discussed in email, a situation like this needs to be reported to your bank to be resolved, so we're happy to hear that you'll be reaching out to them. We'll be able to work with them to sort out what happened and get this taken care of.

In the meantime, if you are not sure about the security of your account, you should definitely take a moment to login, change your password, and remove any payment methods still on your account. Those changes can be made from your Account Settings page.

We hope this helps you plan your best next steps. If you have any questions, please do let us know.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Learn from my mistake. This company favors sellers over buyers. I learned that the hard way. When I contacted SeatGeek about an error in my tickets, I learned they did not even process my purchase. They work with subcontractor companies who do many of the actual transactions. In my case it was fanXchange. But they don’t possess the tickets they sell. They are a go-between between a ticket holder and you. Some of you probably already know all this, but I did not. So this means there is no opportunity to correct an honest error made, as in my case. The seller got their money and so did SeatGeek and fanXchange, at the sacrifice of this ticket purchaser. So now I will be sitting in seats I don’t want having regrets about ever using SeatGeek. I would be more interested in a company that provides better service for the ticket purchaser than a ticket scalper. Unfortunately, because they don’t, I have to post this online.

Hey Rick,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It sounds like you've had a difficult experience, and we'd like to help clear up your options here.

As you've mentioned, SeatGeek is a marketplace connecting buyers and sellers on the secondary ticket market - we do not own the inventory on our site, but are acting to help buyers find the best deals from around the Internet. Because we don't own that inventory, all sales are generally considered final when the buyer places an order.

This can be really frustrating when the buyer makes a simple error - we really want to do whatever we can to help, but we don't have any basis to demand the seller offer a refund when they fulfilled the order just as it was placed, so the order cannot be cancelled.

That doesn't mean you have to eat the cost of those tickets, though! In a situation like this, the best thing to do with unwanted tickets is to simply list them for sale to recoup your costs. Ticket prices fluctuate often so you may even be able to make a little profit, with some luck and good timing, but you should be able to at least recoup most of your cost. If you have any questions at all about selling, please just let us know - we'll be happy to help!

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have had two terrible experiences with Seat Geek. The first was when we bought tickets for a Lakers game and at confirmation of the purchase saw they were for the wrong date. We immediately called and emailed Seat Geek to tell them of this mistake, but they went ahead and confirmed the order and we got stuck with these tickets. We then went to purchase tickets for the game we wanted, and the website said they were 2 consecutive seats in Row 12, but when we got the confirmation, they were really "piggyback" seats with one in Row 12 and one in Row 13. That information was in the small print that we did not see- all it said was that they were 2 seats in Row 12. Now we find out that no other online ticket re-seller will take just 2 piggyback seats to resell- only 4 seats. We are so frustrated and angry. Will NEVER use Seat Geek again.

Hey Lisa,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback here. Your experience here sounds so frustrating! I'd like to take a moment to discuss our policies around returns and ticket disclosures.

As you may know, the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market. This means that we do not own the inventory on our site, and because of that, we are limited when it comes to refunding orders. In general, all orders are considered final as soon as the buyer clicks that "Pay" button. The ticket is only in a pending state in the sense that the seller is confirming their availability, but as the tickets have been pulled for sale and the seller has forfeited other selling chances from that point, we are not able to cancel an order for a buyer after the order has been placed.

When it comes to piggyback tickets - SeatGeek is happy to allow these tickets to be sold, as they often allow buyers to get better deals if they're willing to sit behind-and-front instead of side-by-side. Because this is unorthodox though, it is very, very important to us that these kinds of seats are clearly noted. As you mentioned, this order was indeed noted to have piggyback seats. That note is in the same-sized text as other order details, and displayed on the event page when a listing is first clicked, at checkout under the "Notes" section at the top of the page, as well as on the order page itself after the purchase is made.

We hope this helps to clarify a bit about our policies and give some context to your experience with us. If you have any questions at all though, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll be happy to help!

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Horrible experience. Purchased tickets to a college game. Get to the game tickets won't scan. Tickets they sent to download were tickets to a game played the previous month. Six days later still waiting to hear from a manager or supervisor.

Hey Chris,

We really appreciate you sharing your feedback. However, we weren't able to track down your order by your name or email. Would you mind sharing your order ID so we can take a look at what's happening here, and help get a resolution if need be?

Resolution response: Oct. 16, 2018

I wrote a review earlier about the stress I had in getting the tickets to the Notre Dame vs Pitt game on October 13th. With a trip planned with 2 people flying to South Bend from Cali, and my wife and I driving 500 miles to South Bend, we had not yet received our tickets and it was the 11th. As mentioned in my previous review, we had dialog with SeatGeek by email and a couple of calls. On the afternoon of the 11th, we got a call from SeatGeek and we were told the ticket provider had failed to mail the tickets out we paid $800 for in January 2018.

SeatGeek then upgraded our seats from the end zone to the 50 yard line 30 rows up at no extra charge. The tickets were immediately sent via “E-ticket” for us to print out. The trip was a success, SeatGeek pulled it off. But there was still some anxiety about actually getting the tickets. My advice to SeatGeek would to convert all the tickets to E-Tickets rather than rely on the mail. They pulled a rabbit out of their hat.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We purchased 4 ticket to the October 13th Notre Dame vs Pitt game. We bought the tickets in January 2018. We are meeting friends from California for the game and we are driving from Northern Michigan to South Bend, a 10-hour drive. We get an email saying our tickets will be mailed to us on October 10th. Really? So we can’t leave on our trip until our tickets arrive.

Fortunately we have a dialogue on email and have offered to pay for FedEx to ship us the tickets. At this point, anxiety is high and I am pissed. We can’t leave for South Bend until our tickets arrive. Even if I get the tickets in time, I will never use this vendor again. I used StubHub once and it was flawless as they had a pickup site outside Lambeau Field at a hotel in Green Bay. Stress of not having the tickets is not worth it. With friends flying across country to get to South Bend, what do I do if the tickets don’t arrive. Easy, hire a lawyer I guess.

Hey Steve,

We're delighted to hear that this was addressed for you! Those replacement tickets sound absolutely killer, and we hope you had a great time!

As a bit of context: Ticket conversions can be a bit hit-or-miss, which is why they aren't offered preemptively. The venue is the ultimate decider on whether that option will be available or not, and not all venues are accommodating when it comes to re-issuing or converting tickets, particularly if they are aware that the tickets have been resold on the secondary market.

That's why it's so important to make sure you buy your tickets from a market with a robust guarantee - just like in this instance, if there's a failure in the delivery of your tickets, that guarantee can make all the difference!

We're super pleased that this situation worked out so well. If there's ever anything we can be doing to make sure your next experience is the top, we hope you'll let us know!

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased tickets over a month ago and still don’t have them! I emailed and called but I’m getting nowhere. When I called the representative told me all supervisors were in a meeting on a Saturday at 4 pm! Really! Doubtful! They have my $400 and I have no tickets. Don’t buy from them and lose your money. StubHub gets the tickets to you within a few days!

Hey Nancy,

Thanks so much for reaching out. Looking at your order, it looks like this has already been addressed and those tickets are already in your account for the game in November. That said, if you're continuing to have any kind of issues at all, please let us know and we'll be happy to make sure you're taken care of.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I purchased Chubbie tickets for my mom a couple days before Labor Day. She told me the next day she wasn’t going to be able to go so I had them resold. I received the notification that the tickets had been sold. A week later my payment was never received. I thought maybe it was because I hadn’t put my bank information in, so I went and did that and waited a few more days. Two weeks later still no payment. I contacted my bank and was told that no payment had not come through so I contacted SeatGeek. Just to be told that I needed to contact my bank which I had already done.

The employee then says, "Okay it’s going to take 5-7 more days," before I receive the payment. It’s now a month from when my payment was supposed to go through and I’m being told the payment was sent through PayPal. Now I am taking this to BBB because I never used PayPal to pay for the tickets so how could the refund be sent via a platform I never used and you don’t have access to. The entire process has been shady and I will not being using this company again.

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for posting your feedback! It looks like we've been in contact with you on this. As we discussed, there was a miscommunication about sending your payout via PayPal - this was paid out using our payment processor as usual.

Miscommunications like these are definitely not OK - they cause unnecessary worry, as you've experienced, and we do our best to keep them from happening!

Looking at your account now, I see that a payment for this sale was issued to the bank account you have listed for a payout on 9/4. The bank did not return those funds, so from our end, it looks like this was paid out as expected. If you have not received these funds yet, please let us know - we'll be happy to get our Payments team involved and make sure you receive the funds you are due.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased 18 tickets for the Southwest Classic - Arkansas vs. Texas A&M game through SeatGeek. Saturday morning, I went to download the tickets on my SeatGeek app. When I clicked on the "tickets" tab at the bottom of my app, rather than the app displaying my tickets, it showed general information like AT&T Stadium policies, weather and directions. When I could not find my tickets on my app, I then logged into my SeatGeek account on desktop computer, again I was presented with the same general information rather than tickets. Convinced I was just overlooking something, I called your 888 number for assistance around 8:00a. I was then told that I did not have any tickets for the game, because the 18 tickets I had purchased from SeatGeek were actually in the reserved for the band.

I was then assured that the SeatGeek Team was working on allocating me new tickets, and I would receive an email within 20 min, with my new tickets. Around 8:45a, I had received no correspondence from SeatGeek and there were no new tickets in my inbox. So I called the 888 number back. After waiting on hold for about 20 min, I was then connected with a customer service representative, who I talked to from roughly 9a-10a. She was beyond unhelpful, providing me no further insight as to when I would receive my new tickets, only repeating "we are working on it". She could not give me a timeline for when I would receive my new tickets, nor could she even guarantee I would have the tickets before the game started at 11. I also asked if there was a supervisor I could speak to, she told me that they were all currently in meetings.

After your customer service line was able to provide me absolutely no help, I reached out a personal contact that sells boxes at AT&T Stadium. I felt completely embarrassed explaining my situation to him and like a total fool pleading for his help. Fortunately, he was able to contact a direct SeatGeek/AT&T Stadium Representative for me. Minutes before the game started, I was emailed new tickets from him. Unfortunately the tickets were not "comparable or better tickets to the event" (as promised in your SeatGeek Guarantee) and instead a section above the ones I had originally purchased. We arrived at AT&T Stadium around 10a, planning to enter the game a little bit early. Instead, myself + my party of 17 stood outside of the stadium for almost an hour, waiting on our tickets to get into the stadium (to add to the irony of this whole situation, it was pouring rain).

I had several friends who traveled from out of state for this game, and our morning was completely ruined. I was never notified via a phone call, an app notification or email that the tickets I had originally purchased were in fact unavailable. The only reason I was able to troubleshoot the issue, is because I tried to download my tickets early - what would have happened if I tried to download my tickets moment before we entered the stadium? Also, had I not had a contact at AT&T Stadium, I do not believe we would have ever received the tickets in time for the game.

Again, per your SeatGeek Guarantee, the "tickets I received were not the same as the ones I was ordered" nor was I "provided with comparable or better tickets to the event". After contacting the customer service email this morning asking for a refund of 2685.24 (my original purchase price), they were unable to do that. Instead, offered me a $200 credit on my SeatGeek account. This does me no good, as I do not plan on ever purchasing from SeatGeek again in the future, due to its unreliability.

Hey Taylor,

We absolutely understand your disappointment here. In this instance, SeatGeek is a partner with AT&T Stadium, and we are the primary ticketer for the event. In this case, it looks like there were not seats reserved for the band, and this error wasn't discovered until the seats needed for the band were already sold. This was not a situation we or AT&T Stadium wanted any customer to have to go through, so rather than simply refunding the seats (though that option was there for customers who preferred it), we all worked to find alternative seats for our customers. We recognize that this was a difficult situation, made worse by the last-minute nature of the discovery of the issue, and we really appreciate you working with us to find alternatives.

In this case, while the seats you received were not on the same level as your original tickets, they were Club Seats that came with a private space, amenities, and access to special lounges. While these are usually a bit more spendy than regular seats, we worked with AT&T to make them available for those affected by this issue. We hope that your party was able to enjoy the event despite the trouble!

We definitely do recognize the stress this change put on you, which is why we offered an additional promo credit as a courtesy. This is a very unique situation that we do not anticipate repeating itself. If you ever have any concerns about this that you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to reach out.

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

The short of the story is, they were very nice and helpful with an issue I was having but don't tell me "don't worry, we are going to get you to the game" then call me back 20 minutes later saying "nope, nothing we can do! Sorry." I get she was trying to be positive but after a day of terrible service from another company hearing her say that made me so hopeful to only be crushed again. Don't say it if you can't do it. Otherwise, great.

Hey James,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! It can be seriously devastating to run into a bad situation, have an expectation set for a solution, and then have that expectation not met. We want to look into what happened here and see what we can do to help. Would you be able to get us an order number so we can sort this out?

1-888-506-4101

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was trying to purchase 2 US Open tickets for the August 29th 11 am session so I went on the SeatGeek mobile application > 24 hours prior to the event. The first attempt to buy 2 tickets through the app using the Touch ID failed with an error message from the SeatGeek app and the tickets were never put in my account. So less than 2 minutes later I went on again to find tickets and purchased them from the SeatGeek app but they would be fulfilled from Ticketmaster. I got a confirmation of those tickets and I saw them in the Tickets tab of the application. Later that morning I saw the first 2 ticket I had tried to purchase in my app Tickets tab also but they were mobile tickets and the app wouldn't produce a QR code so in addition to the fact I had 2 other tickets from Ticketmaster. The first set were useless as there was nothing to be scanned at the gate.

The Ticketmaster seats were not yet confirmed and I had the chance to cancel them so I called customer service at SeatGeek to find out what to do. With < 24 hours until my event was to start the group of terrible customer service reps had no sense of urgency or awareness of what was happened and no idea how to resolve the fact that the mobile tickets were not showing up on my phone. I deleted and re-installed the app from the App Store but to no avail. To this day I see the tickets in my app but no QR code gets generated. The SeatGeek group was no help at all so finally the next day I grabbed the tickets from Ticketmaster before they expired and went to the event. SeatGeek still has the nerve to charge me the cost of the unusable tickets. This has been the worst experience ever dealing with a company.

Hey Nikhil,

Thanks for reaching out! We sympathize with your frustration here. It looks like two orders were placed for this event on your account, and you were hoping to be able to cancel one. I'd like to offer a bit of clarity around our policies.

As you may know, the SeatGeek Marketplace is a platform which connects buyers and sellers of the secondary ticket market. This means that we do not own the inventory on our site, and we use our agreements with buyers and sellers to help make sure transactions go smoothly.

Because of this, we are only able to secure refunds from sellers in situations where the terms of our Buyer Guarantee are not met. Otherwise, all sales are considered final, which is typical of the secondary ticket market. This unfortunately means that there was no way to cancel your order after it had been placed.

Looking at your two orders, it looks like they were delivered from two different sellers through two different methods. Order 6P2-ZNGLQ6 is the one that was sent to you through Ticketmaster, while order GDZ-L83RGV was uploaded directly onto SeatGeek the day before the event.

It looks like you had issues connecting to SeatGeek to access those tickets about a half hour before the event, so you contacted us via email. I've checked and confirmed that there were no technical issues on our end at this time, so it doesn't seem to be a connection issue on our end that prevented you from accessing those tickets. We responded by asking which order you were having difficulty with and letting you know where to access each set of tickets, and did not receive a response until around 2 pm, well after the event had started at 11 am. If we had known sooner what order you were having trouble with, we would have been happy to help find a workaround for the connection issues you experienced.

That said, by the account given to us in earlier emails, you had intended to use the tickets on SeatGeek and decline the delivery through Ticketmaster for the other order if you had been able to access them. It's worth being clear that this would not have secured you to a refund of the Ticketmaster tickets, as all sales are still considered final at the time of purchase. Declining delivery of tickets does not cancel the sale, since the seller has already committed to delivering those tickets to you and forgone other selling opportunities by that point.

We recognize that this was a disappointing situation and would like to do what we can to help ease the pain and retain you as a customer, if you're still willing to discuss this with us. We were unable to do anything at the time because you had indicated that you were filing a chargeback, which cuts off our ability to do anything as a courtesy. That said, if you'd like to discuss this further, please email us and we'll be happy to see if we can work something out here.

Resolution response: Sept. 22, 2018

Seatgeek was able to get me tickets comparable to the ones I originally ordered.

If tickets are not confirmed when originally ordered, that should be explicitly stated in the order receipt, and if it's possible you won't get the tickets that you've ordered, that should be made clear before the purchase so that you can make an informed decision.

In the end, it took a few different times reaching out before the issue was resolved, and I fear not everyone affected is as persistent. I do appreciate the effort that was taken in the end to resolve my issue.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased tickets to a New York Mets game on 9/29/2018. At the time I made the purchase, the ticket prices were rapidly rising because of a recent announcement of a player's retirement. I caught 3 tickets that had previously been around $6 at $53 each - a steep but reasonable price given the once-in-a-lifetime significance of the game. The day after my purchase, I received a call explaining that they would not be able to fulfill my order and that I would be refunded. They explained that if I wanted tickets, I could pay the current price of over $200 per ticket. They claimed that the tickets I ordered were not available. There were tickets just like mine still available on the marketplace, but they wouldn't offer to fulfill my order with different tickets given the rise in prices.

SeatGeek should fulfill the order and provide tickets to people when they make a sale. I know for sure that if I bought tickets from them and the prices went down, they wouldn't offer me a refund just because I had buyer's remorse, so why do they get to cancel my order just because prices went up after I paid? It's dishonest and unethical, and I do not recommend anyone do business with SeatGeek.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like we're also working with you over on the BBB website, but just to reiterate some of what we've discussed there --

Some listings on SeatGeek are not through sellers listing directly through us, but are aggregated from third-party vendors. When a listing is being sold from a third-party vendor, you are informed at ticket selection and checkout that your order is being placed with them and under their terms. For these orders, not only does SeatGeek not handle any aspect of order fulfillment, but payment also does not come through us. We have not received or sent any communications

regarding this order - that call was from your vendor rather than us. Any issues with orders typically need to be resolved with that third-party vendor, and SeatGeek is here to be a guide and advocate for you.

In this instance though, we recognize the situation is especially troubling, and we want to do whatever we can to help out. If you can, please send us a copy of any emails you received from your vendor regarding this order - particularly anything that shows a confirmed order or that your tickets were guaranteed - to hi@seatgeek.com. While we're limited in what we may be able to do here, it's very important to us that we take the best care of you possible, and getting this information will help!

SeatGeek expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SeatGeek is an online ticket aggregator that provides customers with an easy way to find events and purchase tickets. Working with other ticket vendors means that SeatGeek offers more listings than many other online or retail vendors.

• Huge inventory: SeatGeek boasts "the largest inventory on the web," listing more than 400,000 tickets for arts and theater, concerts and sports.

• Interactive 3D maps: Know exactly where you will be sitting in relation to the band or stage when you purchase your tickets.

• Mobile app: Search for and purchase event tickets from your mobile device.

• Notifications: Receive alerts when your favorite bands, plays or teams are scheduled to appear near you.

• Resell your tickets: Sign up to easily post a listing for your unusable tickets and sell them via SeatGeek.

• Best for: SeatGeek has tickets for music concerts and sporting events, making it best for concert-goers and sports enthusiasts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs