It's that easy Request Information
2.32/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for tickets to your favorite live entertainment event? Look no further than SeatGeek! Analyzing data from over 350,000 venues, their Deal Score system lists thousands of tickets and rates to give you the best bargain while their interactive venue map lets you find the perfect seat. Looking for tickets in a pinch? SeatGeek has you covered on Android, iPhone, tablets and much more. You can set-up notifications to get alerts when your favorite artist or sports team is in town. Visit SeatGeek today to see the best event in your city!

54 SeatGeek Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Getting cash for selling tickets is incredibly difficult. Customer service is terrible. I sold two tickets to a concert where the headliner canceled. I sent emails prior to the show asking if I needed to do anything, but I was assured that I would still be paid, and it was the ultimate buyer's responsibility to use the tickets for the rescheduled show. I was paid for one ticket, but then when I inquired about payment for the second ticket, I was told that I wouldn't be paid for the other one because the show was changed. I initiated all communication and they never reached out to let me know that I wouldn't be paid (not following their own policy) and every time I called, they told me that they would look into it and they never got back to me. I had to keep calling. I'm still waiting for my payment. I'll never use them again. StubHub is much more reliable.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My husband purchased tickets to an Astros game on Saturday, August 11, 2018, online, with this pitiful excuse for an honest company. We printed our tickets and attended the game on Sunday, August 12, 2018. Come Monday morning, I checked our credit card and lo and behold, we had been charged two (2) times, for two (2) tickets each. When I called the aforementioned pitiful excuse for an honest company, I was told that they showed where tickets had been purchased twice. One order was for Section 327, Row 2, seats 15 and 16, which is the order we received confirmation and printed our tickets. The second order (which we did not place, nor receive confirmation) was for Section 253, Row 3, Seats 19 and 20.

Obviously, I would love to know if those seats were used (resold), or sat empty for the game. Of course, SeatGeek can't do anything about this, and insist that we placed two (2) orders. We, of course, did not place the second order, and therefore received no confirmation of this phantom order. WE WILL NEVER USE THIS TICKET SERVICE AGAIN! They give no option for ZERO stars!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I went to the Beyonce concert (8/8/2018) and planned to buy my tickets the night of as I am on a tight, tight budget and wanted to make sure I could really go. I bought them from a different ticket vendor that did not work out to begin with, and being in a rush and having used SeatGeek before I had no hesitation using this site. However, when I had purchased my tickets (two) and went to place them under the scanner, they were invalid and blinking red instead of green when scanned. I called SeatGeek and they sent a pdf of the tickets which still did not work under the scanner. Calling again I was put on and off hold for quite some time and was offered assistance without receiving much actual assistance. I wanted to get into the concert as my main priority but they were unable to help me find different tickets. I was told I would get my money back right away after filling out a long form.

I was fine with this however with the other ticket company that I had issues with I was given my money back the minute I contacted them with my issue. I have filled out the form and I am still waiting to get my money back and I did not get to attend the concert. I will be deleting this app because although they were willing to help, the help was not great and if this is rarely supposed to happen, I would hope that when this issue does happen it could have be solved much faster than this and exceptions could be made to help me get into the concert.

The thing about a concert is you spend the whole night getting ready and it takes more money to get to the concert than just the actual ticket so I lost more than the approximate $168 that I still do not have back. The gas money, parking, and other such expenses add up too, which also went to waste. I have never been the type to write a review but, as a broke college student who works hard, saves almost every penny, and splurges wisely (I still bought the cheapest tickets), I was extremely disappointed to have one of the only nights of summer I looked forward to, taken away.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased tickets as a Christmas gift approximately 12/01/17 for an event 11/10/18; Michigan Wolverines at Rutgers Scarlet Knights at High point Stadium in Piscataway, New Jersey to be exact. After purchase I realized these tickets were extremely overpriced and ask for a refund as the tickets were not even delivered yet. I was told these tickets cannot be refunded and that the tickets would be delivered to me via email on 11/03/18 which is seven days before the event. I was told not to worry because I could sell these tickets on websites like “StubHub” or “Ticketmaster”.

After about a month of asking how is this possible without the tickets in hand or ticket number to the event a customer service representative told me that “It may be possible to do this, and to ask “StubHub” if it is possible”. It is now 4 months before the event. Seat Geek still states all sales are final and my tickets will be delivered seven days prior to the event. After numerous e-mails they offered me a $20.00 credit but still have yet to answer how can I sell these tickets like they stated 6 months ago or cancel and refund my money. Seat Geek has the worst customer service I've ever experienced and can't give me a straight answer.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Bought tickets to a Pirates game that got rained out. SeatGeek referred me to the Seller... TicketNetwork... for their policy on a rain check. I can get a replacement ticket but only for the rescheduled make up game and NO other. Tickets purchased thru the Pirates or StubHub can be exchanged for ANY other remaining game this season. Don't use SeatGeek...and if the actual Seller thru any other 3rd party ticket website is TicketNetwork, go elsewhere. Sorry I can't give either of these companies less than 1 star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Original review: June 8, 2018

I sell a lot of tix on StubHub but I figured I'd give SeatGeek a shot. The fees are actually higher than StubHub and they don't have the barcode technology, all it does is transmit the ticket via barcode. Which is fine as long as your seller doesn't scan or re-sell the ticket elsewhere. Whatever. It worked okay. I had some sales. The map for the stadium (Washington Nationals) is wrong and they don't even have a section where I sell a lot listed, so that's a problem. But still I listed some tix.

Anyway one day I'm checking my account for tix listed for the weekend and they're not in there. Somehow they were removed completely. And hidden from my inventory. When I checked "history" they were shown as removed from the SeatGeek marketplace. Why? Nobody emailed me. Nobody told me. They were perfectly valid tickets of games that were taking place soon! I missed out on sales because of this nonsense. You just lost all my business forever. There is no customer service number to fix problems. Which is a huge issue.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Listed an NFL ticket with the "official" NFL ticket dealer, TicketMaster. I wanted $500. TicketMaster listed the ticket for $556 (a $56 "listing fee") and then, when the ticket sells, adds another $117 in "fees" for a total of $673. In less than an hour SeatGeek had, without my knowledge or permission, listed my ticket on their site for $738 plus $147 in fees for a total of $885. They also said my ticket was "a bad deal". Yes, with all the added fees it would be a bad deal! Since SeatGeek doesn't know me, where would the money go if someone purchased and how would the unfortunate buyer get the ticket? Would SeatGeek pay the TicketMaster the $673 they wanted to charge, keep the extra $212, and get the electronic ticket from TicketMaster? Please check prices across ticket sites to avoid being double charged.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I wanted to purchase tickets to a baseball game for a particular area of the stadium. After I went through the entire purchase process, they sent me an email telling me those tickets were no longer available. So I went back on the site. Tickets still listed on the site. I clicked on them again, they said, "No longer available". So I went to a different site and purchased tickets. AN HOUR LATER they sent me an email pending the sale. I was out of town and no longer monitoring my email since I had made my purchase. Get to the office on Monday and see the email. I sent email to them that morning. No response. At the end of the day I called. The answer they gave me is, "I can see how that was confusing but there is nothing I can do." WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN!!! Kiss $166 good-bye.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Stay away from SeatGeek. They engage in dishonest, shady and non-transparent business practices. I purchased for 4 tickets for an NBA game which we were planning to attend for our upcoming trip to Orlando. However, our plans changed and we can no longer go to the game. I contacted SeatGeek within 24 hours of purchase to cancel our tickets and request a refund and at this point there are still 13 days to the game.

In all fairness, their FAQ section states that refunds may not be possible. What I don't understand is that SeatGeek claims to be the seller when you purchase the tickets but when I contacted their customer service I was told that the ticket was sold by a "Fellow fan that used SeatGeek Marketplace"! They claim to be transparent but why hide who the actual seller is? When you are in a marketplace website such as eBay, Amazon or Etsy, you clearly know who the seller is. However, that is not the case with SeatGeek. Instead, they like to lie about it!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I purchased 2 tickets to see Wizkid on Saturday 9/16/2017 at the Smart Financial Center in Houston TX. After purchasing tickets of $180 no one mentioned the concert was cancelled or postponed. SEATGEEK was still selling tickets after the fact. When I contacted customer service 24 hours later they didn't do anything to accommodate me. They told me to contact the seller. Knowing dang well they wouldn't give me any info to contact the seller to get my refund back. Whomever I spoke to wasn't very bright! I feel like they ripped me off. I was told the tickets would still be useful once the concert is reschedule. It's been 4 months and I'm still pissed off. I guess I'll be waiting on a concert that will never happen. I will never ever purchase from this off brand website again. (Ticketmaster) (StubHub) are the best!!! Thanks for nothing.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I bought 3 tickets to the 2017 Liberty Bowl and just got back a few hours ago from writing this review. I was very nervous about my purchase from SeatGeek and knew I'd log on and tell about my experience, whether good or bad, because of all the negative reviews online. Buying the tickets went smoothly. I was able to use a promo code from "The Herd," which only took $20 off, and the download was available within minutes after the purchase was processed. When I downloaded the tickets (said they were from Ticketmaster), they had someone else's name on them and said "SEC vs Big 12" instead of "Memphis vs Iowa State" for the team names. My parents were worried about the latter part (Memphis is not an SEC team) while I was worried about the former.

This caused me to go online and do research on whether or not we'd be able to get in with someone else's name on the tickets. Then I started reading SeatGeek reviews, and I found reviews here and elsewhere that freaked me out. I've previously bought tickets from StubHub (and my name was on those tickets, I believe), but I'd heard Colin Cowherd advertising SeatGeek on his show, which made me trust it enough to at least compare ticket prices with StubHub, and SeatGeek was cheaper.

Long story short, our tickets worked at the gate, but I've read enough negative stories about SeatGeek that I'm kind of scared to try them again. Luckily for me, we live in Memphis, but I'm a Michigan fan/alum and that means most of the time I go away to games. I don't want to spend $1000+ to go to Michigan/a Michigan game and end up turned away at the gate. Just to compare, I read StubHub's reviews here, too, and ending up with invalid or canceled tickets seems to happen more with SeatGeek. In the future, I will probably just go ahead and pay extra with some other seller. But this experience worked out, so I'm not sure what percentage of SeatGeek purchases go awry but it's not all of them.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

They claim tickets in minutes but now it is been 24 hours with no tickets, I tried to cancel and they said I cannot cancel because they are waiting for the seller to release the tickets and they do not know when that is going to happen, scam scam scam, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I gave one star because they won't let you give zero. Don't use this site for tickets. They do not honor their guarantee for your tickets. I spent hours getting tickets and booking a hotel to go to the Big Ten Championship Game only to be left out in the cold and watching the game in our hotel. Our electronic tickets were sold multiple times by their merchant and SeatGeek did not find us replacement tickets and just said, "Sorry, go back home".

We are heartbroken that we traveled so far and got turned away like second class citizens. Other merchants had ticket reps at the venue but there was no one in site for SeatGeek to help us. If you work hard for your money, like my family, do your business somewhere else that appreciates and respects your hard earned money or your hearts may be left broken too. We don't get to go to many events so this was to be a lifetime memory. A mere refund does nothing for the hours of travel and hundreds we spent for a heartbroken trip.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

IDK what is going on there but I have been emailing back and forth (37 times so far) trying to get money from tickets I bought over a month ago, are you guys a real company. They say that it was my mistake and would take 30 days to get the Venmo and still after that nothing and same runaround email with company Miranda? Either you guys are a fake or Miranda is the worst employee in the world. I’ve never gone out of my way to say anything about any company but I’m still waiting for you to hear from Miranda who needs to hear from your payment department so no I’m going to spread the word every way I can. Never selling a ticket online again and only buying tickets from StubHub. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Bought tickets to a Bob Seger concert on October 9, 2017 for a October 24th concert. The concert was already cancelled before I purchased the tickets. The company selling the tickets, (Fan Exchange through SeatGeek), never informed me that the concert was already cancelled when I purchased the tickets. Although, in SeatGeek bylaws and conditions it states that it won’t sell tickets of concerts that have been cancelled or postponed.

I called SeatGeek and they stated that they didn’t sell the tickets and to contact Fan Exchange as that was the seller of the tickets even though I went through the SeatGeek website to purchase the tickets. Went to the venue to find out that the concert had been postponed to a later date. After some research found out that the concert had been cancelled before I even bought the tickets. Contacted both SeatGeek and Fan Exchange to get a refund. SeatGeek said to contact Fan Exchange. Fan Exchange said that they wouldn’t give a refund and we should have known that the concert was cancelled because they sent out an email on the 4th of Oct. They were still selling tickets for upcoming concerts that were cancelled to date.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Last night, SeatGeek first couldn't verify my AMEX card address but miraculously could verify my MasterCard address (which is the same). Then they email me an email confirmation. I click on the email confirmation button and it says they can't verify my email. YOU JUST EMAILED ME!!! Then this morning, they CANCELED MY ORDER. Great job SeatLosers. Will never ever use your services again. Period.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I purchased tickets through SeatGeek. They actually came from Ticketfly. Upon calling SeatGeek I was told to look up the phone number and call Ticketfly. Upon calling Ticketfly I was told they could not contact the broker. They said they gave the broker a cut off time of 6 pm est. and to call them back at that time. When I called at 6:01 pm est. I received a voice message stating their office hours are 9 am to 6 pm est. I called SeatGeek and basically they said, “Sorry you are already at the game but there is nothing we can do.” I asked for a manager, which none were available. Then I was promised a callback the next day. It's been 4 days and I have not heard from SeatGeek. Maybe I should press #1 to buy tickets. I bet someone will answer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

SeatGeek is a marketplace not a vendor. They don't actually have tangible tickets. They are just a third party to reach out to the seller to let them know they found a buyer. I luckily ordered a few weeks before my event and had a backup plan in place after reading reviews. I never received my tickets but I was able to get a 100% refund plus an extra 20% refund through the mail. SeatGeek acts as a third party who reaches out to sellers when buyers are interested in tickets. I definitely would not recommend if you need tickets right away and always have a backup plan. The reason I gave a 4 is because I spoke to 4 different people the day before my event and I had 3 people tell me I would not get a refund on my money but get better tickets. Then the 4th person I talked to assured me I could get a refund or better tickets whichever I preferred.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I read many negative reviews of SeatGeek.com prior to making my purchase so was prepared for anything. However, my experience was smooth and I ended up with a great deal on a sold out Broadway show. Seats were amazing. Purchased less than 24 hours before the show and I only paid a little more than double the face value (which for this show is a huge bargain). Since it was a last minute trip into the city, I was prepared to make other plans if these fell through. I found the tickets (actual seller was fanxchange – keep in mind that SeatGeek is an aggregator – so that site maybe gets some of the credit) on a Sat night and placed the order at 10:25 pm that night. As of 10:00 am the following morning, and despite the fact that these were eTickets, my order had not been confirmed nor had I received my tickets.

I filled out the SeatGeek survey (generally recommend waiting to do that until you actually have your tix in hand) saying I was unsatisfied and also emailed fanxchange (from whom I'd also received "we got your order" email the night before). Within 30 minutes (Sunday morning by 10:30-ish) I had my confirmation and the PDF of the tickets. I was still a little worried that upon reaching the theater they wouldn't scan (I've read all the stories). However, they did, the seats were GREAT and the show was amazing. I do think the tickets could have been provided right away (instead of my having to follow up and threatening to cancel my order), but I give them a little forgiveness since it was a Saturday night / Sunday morning and neither company probably has staff overnight on the weekend.

Bottom line, I would use them again and recommend them, but most likely only if eTicketing is available, if the deal was good (some of the deal ratings do not seem to align with the value but this one did), and if it was an event that is a "nice to have" experience vs. a lifetime dream. I don't know that I would put all my eggs in this basket if these tickets were a gift or something really important to me, but for a last minute opportunity to see a sold out show it worked great for me. Very satisfied, but like all things do your homework and be prepared if things don't turn out the way you'd planned. SeatGeek does not have control over the sellers (or even the resellers like fanxchange) and things CAN go wrong. In my case I got exactly what I wanted for a great price.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have used SeatGeek in the past and thought I'd try again despite having a rough first encounter. This last time I tried to place an order for MLB playoff tickets and had my order canceled just before the game. If you try and use a promo code on their website they will reject it even though it is sold by them. The promo codes do not have any exclusions except for that it has to be sold by SeatGeek which my tickets were. I tried calling customer service three times and each time a supervisor is supposed to call me back within the hour.

I am now on the second day waiting, The game has passed and I had to pay a higher rate for tickets from a local scalper. They have no customer service. They ship you overseas to people who literally hang up the phone when I asked to wait on the line for a supervisor instead of being called back. Don't waste your time with this horrible company. Pay the extra money for a legitimate company and don't get screwed right before the game.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

They do not tell you that they tack on 100% profit. They want you to read a long terms and conditions and put it at the bottom in Section II. There are no refunds or exchanges after they charge more than they should. They think they deserve the right to do this based on popularity. Horrible customer service. Buy from StubHub or Ticketmaster. My friends and I found out the hard way.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I bought tickets 2 hours before a show and the tickets never processed, they have terrible customer service and didn't do anything to help the situation. We ended up driving to the show and not getting in. Seatgeek is the worst.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I read some of the other reviews AFTER I ordered the tickets, so I was prepared for the worst. I pushed the order button at about 10 a.m., and received my tickets about noon on the same day. While I understand the concerns expressed by other reviewers, such as not getting tickets even weeks after ordering, I believe they might have purchased those on SeatGeek's third party vendors, which is a definite issue that SeatGeek MUST address! I'm not sure if my tickets came directly from SeatGeek or a third party vendor, so I cannot address those concerns; I encountered TERRIFIC service and would be willing to use SeatGeek again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Purchased tickets for a football game for very specific seats. Paid and order confirm by company. Received email a week or so prior to the event that the seats changed... Mine were great, alternative okay but worse than what I had. Offered a $20 refund or full refund. Too late to get other tickets at a decent price at this point. To add insult to injury, two days prior to event still hadn't received tickets. Reached out and they were express mailed. Unacceptable! I lost money. How do you go after a company like this? Awful experience and will never use again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I purchased four tickets for the Dodger vs. Giant game on September 12, 2017. When we got to the gate, only three of the four tickets worked. I had to visit customer service at the Giants stadium. Customer Service told me that the season ticket holder called and had the ticket held for someone else. I called SeatGeek and spoke to Mari. She apologized for the inconvenience and offered me ONE ticket not near my family.

I told her I didn't drive 3 three hours for a baseball game not to sit with my family. She offered us four comparable tickets on the first base side and said she would email me the new tickets. Since it was the end of the fourth inning, the customer service lady gave me a ticket to get into the stadium to see my family. In the meantime, SeatGeek called my daughter's phone and offered a refund plus 20%, which my daughter accepted. A week later, we have yet to receive the new tickets or a refund. I will NEVER purchase from SeatGeek again!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Bought MLB tickets from SeatGeek. After I bought them I was instructed I would have to sign up for a completely different website. Then I'd have to download an app onto my phone from yet another company in order to get my tickets. Then tickets never arrive and there's 3 middlemen between the original owner and myself to point fingers at each other about who's to blame. Would never have bought if they had been upfront about the process I'd have to go through.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

SeatGeek is far from a reliable source. The system is set up as an aggregator, where they charge your credit card, and then leave it up to the third party to deliver the tickets. They do not verify if tickets are available at the time of sale. I found myself in a situation where I purchased same day tickets, the charge went through, the tickets were confirmed, and three hours later I received notification that the tickets were unavailable. SeatGeek, and the ticketnetwork.com both pointed fingers at each other and neither was willing to accept responsibility for providing accurate information on the SeatGeek site about the tickets that were posted. Very weak operation!

Original review: July 27, 2017

I ordered tickets for a July 28th concert on July 5th. It is now July 27th and I still don't have my tickets. After a dozen phone calls to SeatGeek, each one assuring me that "the tickets were in the mail", I never received my tickets. After reading many online reviews, I know understand that there is a good chance I will never receive my tickets, a refund, or satisfaction of any kind. My only hope is that the good folks at SeatGeek, get a bad sunburn, stub their collective toes, and fall off a cliff. I certainly will never be using this service again and will be sure to advise anyone I speak with to do the same!

Original review: July 27, 2017

On July 8, I paid $58.00 per ticket for the NBA summer league championship game in Las Vegas at SeatGeek. Once we arrived at the site, we realized that the same exact tickets (free seating) are sold by the UNLV ticketing office live for $30.00 per ticket. There were plenty of seats/tickets left for the game. I expect SeatGeek to eliminate these ticket-scalping SCAM inventory and am surprised that the transaction was allowed to go through. I asked for a refund of the price difference, but was rejected with a response of "We're sorry to hear that there were more affordable tickets at the box office, but tickets on the secondary market are often priced higher than face value, which is allowed. Because of this, we are unable to refund your order."

They provide absolutely ZERO value in ensuring that the inventory pricing is legit (and in some cases legal). Event: 2017 NBA Summer League Championship. Venue: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, NV. Time: Mon, Jul 17 at 1 pm. Section: ga. Row: ga. Price per ticket: $58.00. Quantity 2. Delivery fee: $0.00. Total cost: $116.00.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Purchased 2 tickets online at SeatGeek for Bruno Mars concert. At the time of the event when the tickets was scanned at the door the ticket read returned. I called SeatGeek and they were unable to help. I wanted refund but SeatGeek could not provide refund until an investigation was done. Upset, embarrassed, and disappointment is the only thing SeatGeek provided me and my daughter who only wanted to see her favorite artist live. This issue still haven't been resolve. DO NOT BUY FROM SEATGEEK!

SeatGeek expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SeatGeek is an online ticket aggregator that provides customers with an easy way to find events and purchase tickets. Working with other ticket vendors means that SeatGeek offers more listings than many other online or retail vendors.

• Huge inventory: SeatGeek boasts "the largest inventory on the web," listing more than 400,000 tickets for arts and theater, concerts and sports.

• Interactive 3D maps: Know exactly where you will be sitting in relation to the band or stage when you purchase your tickets.

• Mobile app: Search for and purchase event tickets from your mobile device.

• Notifications: Receive alerts when your favorite bands, plays or teams are scheduled to appear near you.

• Resell your tickets: Sign up to easily post a listing for your unusable tickets and sell them via SeatGeek.

• Best for: SeatGeek has tickets for music concerts and sporting events, making it best for concert-goers and sports enthusiasts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

SeatGeek Company Information

seatgeek.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business