3.3/5 (2150 ratings)

About SeatGeek

SeatGeek helps customers find and compare ticket prices for events and concerts across the United States. SeatGeek has a money-back guarantee, works to make sure you receive your tickets on time and offers transparent pricing on all sales.

Pros

• Rating insights
  • No fees
  • Transparent pricing
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Not the largest selection
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Although SeatGeek doesn’t have the largest selection of all ticket companies, its transparent pricing and simple rating model make it a great option for ticket shopping.

Top SeatGeek Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Verified

SeatGeek is my go to for finding tickets. The ability to see a price score and even the view of the field from a potential section of a stadium/arena is a huge plus. I'll always p...

Verified

This is the first time we use Seat Geek, and we were extremely pleased!! It was very easy to complete the transaction and get our tickets!! We experienced no problems whatsoever. ...

What is SeatGeek?

SeatGeek is a ticket search engine that helps customers find and purchase affordable tickets to events all across the nation. All tickets sold by marketplace vendors offer a full money-back guarantee — sometimes even more than the ticket price — if the event is canceled or the ticket isn’t provided on time. SeatGeek has transparent prices, and all fees are included in the total cost of the ticket.

How does SeatGeek work?

SeatGeek searches multiple ticket sites to help you find the best available seats at a low price. SeatGeek offers a rating system called Deal Score that shows you how good a deal a ticket is compared to other sites, and the company provides options to help you decide which to purchase.

The tickets on SeatGeek are from primary markets that have allocated inventory to SeatGeek, like MLS, NBA or NFL teams, ticket brokers reselling tickets or individual sellers who purchased tickets and can’t attend the event.

How much are SeatGeek fees?

Unlike some sites, SeatGeek does not charge a flat fee for tickets. Instead, fees for purchasing tickets vary depending on the event, artist, venue and seat location. This means that fees can be expensive in some cases, but they can sometimes be more affordable than buying from primary markets. The fees are included in the total price and are not a surprise when you finalize the purchase.

SeatGeek FAQ

Is SeatGeek reliable?
Yes, SeatGeek is reliable. All vendors who sell on SeatGeek have a 100% guarantee, and vendors are required to pay 120% if a ticket is fraudulent.
How long does it take to receive tickets from SeatGeek?
For e-tickets or mobile transfers, tickets are sent to your account within 24 hours of the event, meaning you likely will not receive them right away. Shipped tickets arrive within 48 hours of the event.
Are SeatGeek seats together?
Yes. Tickets in the same listing are adjacent to each other unless stated otherwise in the seller’s notes.
Are SeatGeek tickets guaranteed?
Yes, all SeatGeek tickets are secured by a guarantee.
Does SeatGeek verify tickets?
From our research, it doesn’t appear that SeatGeek verifies tickets. However, tickets do include guarantees in case a ticket is fraudulent.
Why is SeatGeek so expensive?
SeatGeek includes its fees in the prices, so its prices may seem more expensive upfront because there are no hidden fees.

Is SeatGeek legit?

SeatGeek is a legitimate way to compare and purchase tickets from different vendors and venues. It works with companies that offer guarantees on their tickets, like Eventbrite, and requires third-party sellers to guarantee 120% of a ticket if it ends up being fake or double purchased. The company has transparent pricing and includes fees in the upfront cost, which makes it easy to understand exactly how much a ticket costs when comparing prices.

SeatGeek Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I purchased tickets and did not receive them. Customer service says they are under no obligation to provide a refund if tickets are not delivered. If you purchase tickets within a few days of an event there is no phone support and you have no way of determining where your tickets are and have to wait a week for an email reply. Total rip-off!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

We purchased tickets for Phantom in September to see it in January on Broadway in NYC. We live in Pittsburgh and the whole purpose of going to NYC was to see Phantom. 2 hours prior to the show start time we were notified that the seller is not honoring the sale. SeatGeek was unwilling to get us comparable or better tickets and just gave us a refund for the tickets. Completely ruining our trip and still out the cost for the flights and hotel.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

We had purchased two tickets to a basketball game. They charged us twice for the tickets. We only received one set of tickets that did not even scan when we got to the event. We had to buy tickets at the ticket booth at the event. We sent SeatGeek pictures of the tickets being voided at the event when the lady scanned them. We also sent them pictures of the tickets we purchased at the event they were the same exact seats that SeatGeek claimed to have on hold for us. How can we purchase the same tickets that Seat Geek already sold? Basically they denied us a refund and we were charged for two sets of tickets in which we only received one set that didn’t even work. We are out over $500.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

I had to fight hard to get my tickets through SeatGeak and only after chatting with them 10 times I magically got them. Their support is too weak and was useless to me. They were connected in my case to Ticketmaster and the tickets I have finally received were located differently than what I bought initially online.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

SeatGeek sucks... I purchased tickets and discovered they were not what I wanted/expected. I returned the tickets and they would only give me website credit and not my money back... I emailed SeatGeek customer support and they told me the best option was to purchase another ticked (keep in mind the $75 I paid in SeatGeek Fee) and then list and sell for another SeatGeek fee! I will never buy a ticket through SeatGeek again. Screw this company.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I have contacted them when a legitimate promo code was offered. They would not honor when provided the code, service was terrible. Use StubHub or Ticketmaster, AVOID SeatGeek at all costs. Second bad experience.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

If you're a Senior or not particularly good at using apps on a cell phone, don't use Seat Geek. I bought discounted tix to a Broadway show and I had no choice but to access my tix on Seat Geek. They don't give you a way to print the tix; you have to log onto their app at the theater and show the theater the code verifying your tix. I couldn't log on at the theater, even putting in my password and their access code. I was standing at the entrance very frustrated because there was no way to access my tix. It was a horrible experience and I would never use this again.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Seatgeek is not the answer to ticket needs. Bought a Pre-Paid parking pass for the parking fee and fees on top. When I could not access the parking pass had to fight back and forth with them to receive a refund. They make you jump through hoops to get the refund. Then on top, they only would give a Promo code refund to use at a later date. This was the first time using Seatgeek, and will ever use them again. The only redeeming factor was the work of Nancy customer service representative that worked hard to get the money returned to the credit card used to buy the pre-paid pass. If you need a refund persist in getting it returned to the payment method used and no Promo code refunds for your next purchased. Better yet use another ticket broker.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I had issues getting into my mobile app to access my tickets with the barcode. I chatted with a rep for a while and they were unsuccessful with getting me in. Though I could see tickets on web they didn't have a barcode so unable to get in. They did nothing to resolve this. I spoke with over 20 agents and no sup would come to the line. Horrible experience. Never got to see game and no refund.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I purchased tickets to Jerry Seinfeld in 2019 (Pre-Covid). The event was scheduled for 2020. Eventually it got canceled. A year later they email me telling me the event was rescheduled for 2022 and the tickets I received are the same tickets to be used for the new date. Unfortunately for me I had lost the tickets and they are nowhere to be found. I've been trying to get in touch with SeetGeek for the past three months now to either get me a set of new tickets or reimburse me. No one can help me. They tell me every time I call that they are escalating the case and no one will call me back. Every time I call back a new customer service rep picks up and tells me the same thing. The event is next week and it is unbelievable they can not provide me tickets, a refund, or even an answer! I will never use SeetGeek again their customer service is awful! Best to buy tickets from Ticketmaster or the host of the event. If there's an issue they can at least help.

SeatGeek Company Information