2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

SeatGeek helps customers find and compare ticket prices for events and concerts across the United States. SeatGeek has a money-back guarantee, works to make sure you receive your tickets on time and offers transparent pricing on all sales.

BOTTOM LINE

Although SeatGeek doesn’t have the largest selection of all ticket companies, its transparent pricing and simple rating model make it a great option for ticket shopping.

PROS
  • Rating insights
  • No fees
  • Transparent pricing
  • Easy to use
CONS
  • Not the largest selection
  • Can be expensive

Top SeatGeek Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

SeatGeek is my go to for finding tickets. The ability to see a price score and even the view of the field from a potential section of a stadium/arena is a huge plus. I'll always plan to use SeatGeek moving forward. Keep up the great work!

This is the first time we use Seat Geek, and we were extremely pleased!! It was very easy to complete the transaction and get our tickets!! We experienced no problems whatsoever. Definitely using Seat Geek from now on!!

What is SeatGeek?

SeatGeek is a ticket search engine that helps customers find and purchase affordable tickets to events all across the nation. All tickets sold by marketplace vendors offer a full money-back guarantee — sometimes even more than the ticket price — if the event is canceled or the ticket isn’t provided on time. SeatGeek has transparent prices, and all fees are included in the total cost of the ticket.

How does SeatGeek work?

SeatGeek searches multiple ticket sites to help you find the best available seats at a low price. SeatGeek offers a rating system called Deal Score that shows you how good a deal a ticket is compared to other sites, and the company provides options to help you decide which to purchase.

The tickets on SeatGeek are from primary markets that have allocated inventory to SeatGeek, like MLS, NBA or NFL teams, ticket brokers reselling tickets or individual sellers who purchased tickets and can’t attend the event.

How much are SeatGeek fees?

Unlike some sites, SeatGeek does not charge a flat fee for tickets. Instead, fees for purchasing tickets vary depending on the event, artist, venue and seat location. This means that fees can be expensive in some cases, but they can sometimes be more affordable than buying from primary markets. The fees are included in the total price and are not a surprise when you finalize the purchase.

SeatGeek FAQ

Is SeatGeek reliable?
    Yes, SeatGeek is reliable. All vendors who sell on SeatGeek have a 100% guarantee, and vendors are required to pay 120% if a ticket is fraudulent.
    How long does it take to receive tickets from SeatGeek?
    For e-tickets or mobile transfers, tickets are sent to your account within 24 hours of the event, meaning you likely will not receive them right away. Shipped tickets arrive within 48 hours of the event.
    Are SeatGeek seats together?
    Yes. Tickets in the same listing are adjacent to each other unless stated otherwise in the seller’s notes.
    Are SeatGeek tickets guaranteed?
    Yes, all SeatGeek tickets are secured by a guarantee.
    Does SeatGeek verify tickets?
    From our research, it doesn’t appear that SeatGeek verifies tickets. However, tickets do include guarantees in case a ticket is fraudulent.
    Why is SeatGeek so expensive?
    SeatGeek includes its fees in the prices, so its prices may seem more expensive upfront because there are no hidden fees.

Is SeatGeek legit?

SeatGeek is a legitimate way to compare and purchase tickets from different vendors and venues. It works with companies that offer guarantees on their tickets, like Eventbrite, and requires third-party sellers to guarantee 120% of a ticket if it ends up being fake or double purchased. The company has transparent pricing and includes fees in the upfront cost, which makes it easy to understand exactly how much a ticket costs when comparing prices.

SeatGeek Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatGeek?

Original review: June 12, 2020

This is the first time I have ever purchased tickets from SeatGeek. On February 3, I bought 10 tickets for the SF Giants and CO Rockies baseball game on April 23. The game was cancelled because of the coronavirus. I received excellent communication from SeatGeek and specific instructions on how to receive a 100% refund. When I called, Marian was the most helpful person I could ask for. She was kind, sweet, and easy to understand. Thank you SeatGeek for an outstanding experience!

Hi Beckie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I'll be sure to pass on your kind feedback about Marian. We're proud of our customer service reps--We think of them as our biggest advantage!

Every order on SeatGeek is protected by our Buyer Guarantee, so I'm happy that we were able to find a good resolution for your cancelled event. As big fans of live events it's been a disappointing and difficult year, but I know we're all looking forward to the days when we can safely gather together and root on our teams again.

Till then, hope you and yours stay happy and healthy! We'll see you in the stands again soon--

SeatGeek CX Team

Original review: May 28, 2020

NHL ticket refund. Kris provided excellent customer service in a very quick manner. She is an asset to your corporation. Now it is up to the corporation to follow through and provide refunds in a timely manner. This is my first experience with SeatGeek and I will definitely use your service in the future.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Bucks tickets. Brandon made it very clear and explained situation excellent about my refund for game tickets. Would have liked to went to game but the unfortunate situation with covid. Stopped that. Was worried I would lose my money., but we got it figured out. Thank you.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I had a set of tickets that the event was cancelled for and a set that hasn't been cancelled yet. Rocky explained it all and guided me thru the process. Ticketmaster won't even let you talk to a person. You are seriously the best!!! I will NEVER buy tickets from anyone but you ever again. We have tickets for so many shows this summer (Dead and Co, Harry Stiles, Volbeat, Sammy and The Circle, Backstreet Boys) but from now on you will be the only app on my phone to purchase tickets. Total class, thank you!!!!

Original review: April 25, 2020

John was very quick and knowledgeable when helping me complete my request to have my credit card refunded for the cancelled event. John was very friendly and helpful and answered all my questions regarding this issue as well as the inquiries about how to handle this issue with future potentially cancelled events. Thanks John!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 4, 2021

Made a purchase of 2 UFC tickets coming up in May. Despite SeatGeek’s “buyer guarantee,” there have been extensive reviews of people either never receiving a full refund on cancelled/postponed events or ever even receiving their tickets. The last thing I want to do is fly to Texas from CA to an event that I may not even be getting into. And waiting to get the tickets within 24 hours or day of the event is completely absurd.

I reached out via email inquiring about my tickets as I have yet to receive them and I’m still waiting for a response. I’m not willing to risk surprising my boyfriend tickets to this event, planning this trip, booking flights, hotel, etc. before even receiving the tickets. It’s not unreasonable to ask for tickets I paid for. If I don’t receive my tickets in the next couple days I will be escalating this matter and demanding a full refund.

Hi Monique,

Thanks for reaching out, I'd be happy to look into this order with you.

Your order for the upcoming UFC 262 Oliveira vs. Chandler match is confirmed and awaiting delivery. These tickets are Mobile Transfer tickets, which means they'll be delivered to your email address by the seller when available. I see that this event is on a "delayed release" which means tickets will be sent out to ticket holders 48 hours before the event begins.

That means you can expect an email with all of your ticket transfer information on 05/13, and we'll give you a heads up when we know the transfer has been sent.

In the meantime, I want to remind you that you are always protected by SeatGeek's Buyer Guarantee. This means that in the rare event that your tickets have any issues, we have options to help save the day! Depending on availability and your preference, we can find replacement tickets or refund you above and beyond your original purchase amount.

You can read more here: https://seatgeek.com/buyer-guarantee.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions--

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
      Original review: March 22, 2021

I have Seat Geek account for Cavaliers. Works great for attending and transferring, however I have unsuccessful selling. Set up all the required information, received message stating can’t sell while seller information is being verified. It’s been over a week, still getting the message so wound up eating tickets! Sent email requesting assistance, promised response within 72 hours, have heard nothing. No number to call. Very frustrating.

Resolution response: Feb. 10, 2021

After discussing the need to bring in an attorney it was 5 hours later my final ticket was received with an apology; only when complaining I and others never receive one. To others: Be your own advocate. Only you can be.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I purchased two comedy tickets for my provider for a Christmas present ($268.50) and have yet to receive these. Being foolish; yet having faith I purchased two tickets for NASCAR for my father and I having a TWO HOUR window for delivery. OVER TWENTY hours later I left a complaint about my experience and they sent me only ONE TICKET and had the gall to mark my email as delivered with the two. I had to transfer to my mother for printing, she was able to receive the one ticket.

I remain with my proof of confirmation, pending and sent with two and one ticket is printed. This was another ($285.26) cost. How is this business even still running? I see the start date and the kid who started it, Jack **. His the one stealing our money or does he even know this is going on? I want my money back or I want my tickets. Somebody needs to make this right for everyone that keeps getting robbed!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I ordered two sets of four SEC Championship mobile tickets from Seatgeek, the first set of four came instantly as expected and promised the other four hit endless delays. Meanwhile my invited guests could not book air and hotel while waiting for tickets to come. We had endless emails (complete documentation) and many calls with unfulfilled promises So plans were aborted and friends uninvited. The explanation by Seatgeek was that acting simply as middlemen they could not control their ticket source, Ticketmaster. Cancellation of the unfulfilled order was refused, and a disputed charge with AMEX ensued. Should the dispute with AMEX fail, I intend to look into further actions through my company’s Council as a matter of principal.

If you choose to do business with this group I suggest you only risk an amount you are comfortable losing. I lost a few thousand dollars, disappointed friends who wanted to join me as guests for the game, and ended up spending miserable weeks keeping my friends in flux about the game I had invited them to. In my opinion, this is a poor business and at no point did they live up to any promises made. I have bought multiple hundreds of tickets to national championships, bowl games and SEC playoffs with no problems. This is my first time getting burned. I fully expect the company reputation defenders to try to refute my assertions, express insincere concern over my discontent, and then suggest we talk; standard gobbledegook response to bad press. Do not be fooled. I also noticed a HUGE discrepancy in the review ratings on their website versus other review venues, you can check to see if you see the same differences.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I live in Canada and travelled to Georgia to a concert that was cancelled for a year. Surprisingly?, I of course cannot attend a year later but they refuse to return monies...telling me I can try and sell my tickets on their site. And that event was never cancelled..only postponed!.. Anyone purchasing tickets from this agency qualifies as “fool and his money are soon parted."

Hi Andy,

Thanks for reaching out today, I'd be happy to help you with this!

I took a look at your order for Andre Rieu and see that this event was actually postponed to a future date. This event was rescheduled to 3/8/2021, which you can also see noted in your SeatGeek ticket tab.

As a secondary ticket marketplace, we have to abide by the ticket polices set by the Box Office. In this case, they are not currently accepting ticket returns for refunds, so likewise we also cannot currently offer refunds. As I mentioned, your tickets will be good for the new date, so all you'll need to do is update your calendar and show up for the new date.

That means you still have a few options, though! If you cannot make the new date, or if you’re no longer interested in attending, you have every right to list these tickets for resale. I’d be happy to walk you through that process if you like. If the event status changes to “cancelled”, we’ll reach out via email with the new steps to get this order refunded for you.

I know we're all looking forward to when we can safely enjoy live events together again. In the meantime, please rest assured that you are protected by our Buyer Guarantee.

If you have any other questions, please do let me know at hi@seatgeek.com and we’d be happy to assist you further.

SeatGeek Company Information