1.57/5

104 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I purchased tickets for a Phillies game on WEDNESDAY September 19th specifically because it was the only day I didn't have class or work. When I went to print my tickets the morning of the game I saw that they were for the Tuesday night before. When I called customer service to explain that I would not have ordered tickets for a Tuesday night the original representative just said "hold on" and put me on hold for about 15 minutes (the total call was 18 minutes and 18 seconds).

I was then directed to the "head of customer service" without even asking to, who asked me to explain what happened again then half way through explaining the situation he interrupted me and said "Our website is customer operated, so if there was a mistake in your purchase it is because you selected the wrong date. You checked a box confirming your order was correct so you are liable for whatever tickets you received." When I tried to explain that I would not have bought tickets for an event I know I wouldn't be able to attend he told me that it wasn't their fault and they have a strict policy that they have to stick to.

Even if somehow I did buy the wrong tickets by mistake, I obviously didn't go to the game. I never even asked for a refund, all I wanted was credit to go towards the game I bought tickets for in the first place, and the only thing I received was a backhanded apology of "I'm sorry you got the wrong tickets, but there's no way it's our fault." Out of curiosity I researched reviews and found three that stated they had almost the exact same experience with event dates changing after purchase.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I ordered tickets for Keith Urban concert in Eugene Oregon for September 27th thru Vivid Seats. I thought I was going through a company with a solid reputation as their website popped up when I tried to purchase the tickets directly From Mathew Knight Arena. I ordered and paid an arm and leg through Vivid thinking I had purchased great seats, but the minute I submitted, I decided to cancel and go to directly to Matthew Knight Area. I called them back within 4 minutes to cancel and was told, "Too bad. So sad" and that I was stuck with my order.

Now I do not mind paying good money for good seats, but I am a senior and my income is limited. I have called several times to at least find out what seats am I getting at such a high cost (better be close), all I got was double talk and still nobody can give me any idea of where I will be sitting, and I can only find out a day or day of the concert. What a bunch of bull. And after reading reviews that the costly tickets may end up general admission, even though my ticket gives me a range of maybe okay seats is causing horrible stress. Customer service at Vivid could not even give me a good reason or benefits why anyone should even order through them. Got my fingers cross that this company will do right by this senior citizen and get me the seats I paid good money for!

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We bought tickets using Vivid Seats and the event offered general admission tickets for $38 but we were presented an offer to pay over $220 per ticket for a reserved seat. So we spent $456 for two tickets which included all of the fees as opposed to paying $76 for two tickets because we were guaranteed seats. In fact, the tickets that were sent to us showed a row and seat numbers but when we arrived at the venue they said it truly was general admission and while they had reserve seating we did not have tickets for reserved seating. We called and spoke to James and he basically said we must have ‘misread’ the disclaimer and the tickets. Again, keep in mind the tickets reference a row and seat numbers but we paid $456 for what we could have paid $76 to have the same location at the concert.

We have used StubHub and other ticket brokers and only once (with StubHub) did we have a problem but when we contacted them they automatically credited us the entire amount and said they would take it up with the person they partnered with to sell us the tickets. The customer service at Vivid Seats is terrible - James was condescending and rude and completely uninterested in helping us —— he basically said we couldn’t read or we would have understood what we were getting. I would never suggest anyone I know using Vivid Seats. They claim to have a policy for assisting in these situations but they don’t care about their customers.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I went online trying to save money for parking tickets at SunTrust Park rather than paying for parking at the park. Which I should have done. Using this website I paid twice as much for parking ahead of time that I would have paid once I arrive to the game. They might as well be scalping tickets.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have twice contacted customer service about my negative experience & have not received a response from them. I experienced significant issues with my tickets and am extremely disappointed with my Vivid Seats experience. I purchased these tickets the afternoon of 9/7 for a 2pm showing of Hamilton on 9/8. I worked w/ a CS rep to explore all of the options for delivery of these tickets as it was approximately 24 hours before the event. I spent an hour purchasing these tickets as I had major concerns about whether the tickets would actually make it to me on time (they were only paper tickets) as I was also traveling into NYC just to see this show.

I purchased 2 box seats. Box seats were ideal for me as I am very short (5'1") & usually have issues sitting in regular row seats if I am sitting behind anyone-the box seats only have one row & are up high enough that I knew that no one would be in front of me & that I would not have to worry about my view being blocked. I paid a premium for these box seats along with significant service fees for Vivid Seats AND Saturday UPS shipping fees ($30) to have the paper tickets delivered to a UPS store near the theater that I would have to get to before the show to pick up. I tracked my order early on Saturday morning and it was scheduled to arrive on time to the UPS store that I was instructed to go and pick up the tickets in person (close to the theater). My guest & I got on to the train to head into NYC at 10am leaving us plenty of time to get to the UPS store & then to the theater.

As I again checked the tracking, I was stunned to see that my order had been delayed & the tickets would not arrive until Monday. I called Vivid Seats while on the train & spent over 45 minutes on hold waiting for a "supervisor". After this ridiculous hold, I was told that Vivid Seats would try to get in touch with the owner of the original tickets for a reissue or I would be offered an upgraded seat. I understand that UPS is out of their control but the events that followed are completely unacceptable to me & causes me to not only not use Vivid Seats again but to also discourage anyone from using Vivid Seats.

I was not contacted by Vivid Seats again until 12:45pm - 1 hour and 15 minutes before the show- & was offered an "upgrade." I spent over an hour waiting- not even sure that I would get to see the play- & was basically paralyzed from going anywhere or making any other plans because I did not know if I was supposed to head to the UPS store, to Will Call, or even back home. When I was finally contacted by a "supervisor" the seats that I was first offered that they passed off as an "upgrade" were in Row Q of the orchestra.

My original seats were Box seats up against the stage. Because I had done extensive research, I knew that Row Q was not only many rows back from the stage but was also an obstructed view under the mezzanine. Had I not done this research, I would have believed this supervisor & been given subpar tickets. Because Vivid Seats waited until 75 minutes before the show (even though I had contacted them at 10:44 with the original issue), I am sure that the inventory of seats available at that point was very limited. However, trying to pass off seats that were nowhere near as premium as box seats is insulting. I was then offered Row O, which I again refused, and then finally Row G on the sides of the stage but she could not tell me which side.

At that point, it is now about an hour before the show & I had few options & not enough time to research the seats. I had planned on box seats, had paid for box seats, & was now being offered seats that were nowhere near an "upgrade" by Vivid Seats. I accepted the Row G seats & hoped for the best because I had already traveled to NYC for this show. When we were seated, not only were these well behind the original (empty) box seats that I had purchased, but I was also behind two very tall individuals who blocked my view. I understand that is a risk; however, this is why I purchased box seats to avoid this in the first place.

My experience with Vivid Seats not only sucked my entire day from me as I sat on hold & then waited for a significant amount of time for any resolution (and then was offered extremely limited inventory - so I have to wonder if the wait was on purpose to save $). I am extremely disappointed that what was supposed to be an amazing experience in box seats turned into a 4 hour ordeal & then subpar seats that I paid a box premium for...

I am wholly disappointed by this experience and am livid that I paid for box seats and a very high service charge to Vivid Seats for subpar customer service on Saturday. I have repeatedly provided this feedback to Vivid Seats & have received complete silence in return and that speaks volumes about their customer service. Do not buy from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

On August 30th, 2018 I purchased 2 tickets for a concert from the online company 'Vivid Seats' that was going to take place on September 1st. I paid $182.62 for the tickets. The tickets were already outrageously priced as the face value for the tickets were $32 to $42 but we decided to pay more for good seats. I was e-mailed a copy of our tickets on the date of purchase and the printed tickets were the only way to enter the show. In the Vivid Seats e-mail I received, the company stated "Your eTickets must be printed to guarantee entry to your event." and "The venue where your event is taking place typically does not allow eTickets to be scanned from a mobile device and cannot print tickets on your behalf."

We arrived at the entry to the show over an hour before it was supposed to start and when we gave our printed tickets to the ticket taker at the door. He said that our tickets were not valid because the barcode that was supposed to be on the ticket was blank. He denied us entry and sent us to the box office booth. When the woman at the ticket booth agreed that the tickets were not valid, and when she looked up our seat numbers on her computer she showed our seats were assigned to a man whom we didn't recognize. I promptly called 'Vivid Seats' on my cellphone, and the customer representative said they could fax valid seats to the box office, but when the box office received the duplicate tickets, the staff said they were still not valid because the barcode was still missing. After trying to resolve the issue for over an hour with Vivid Seats, a dying cellphone battery, and the concert had already started, we were denied entry to the concert.

Three days later, on 9/4/18, I called Vivid Seats to request a refund. They kept transferring me to different representatives and finally said they would investigate and call me back. On 9/7/18 they left a voicemail asking us to call back. When I called them back on 9/8/18 they still couldn't resolve the issue and told us they would call us back once again in a few days. We still haven't heard back from them and it is now 9/14/18. Since this show was over an hour away, we booked a hotel room for the show, so now we lost our money for the hotel stay and the tickets.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Customer service is the worst. Please take my word. Do not do any business with this company. And tell everyone you know or come in contact with, they are a rip-off, in my opinion. And from what I have read no one has a different idea of them. I only wish I had checked on them before I had any dealings with them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

TOTAL SCAM. Spent $1,700 on tickets that were never delivered to my e-mail. Called customer service 10x and they insisted they were sent but refused to provide actual proof and were unhelpful and rude. Wouldn't provide a refund and money completely gone to waste. There's a reason there is a class action lawsuit against this JOKE of a "company".

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I paid a lot for tickets, never received them. Asked for my money back and was told I need to wait 5 business days for an investigation to be completed and I might get my money back. No customer service.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I paid $1228 for 2 tickets to Dave Matthews Band, I purchased seats Section D and when the tickets arrived, it was in a different section. They refused to help me out. This isn't the first time this happened. They claim, in the fine print I knew what I was getting into. Never again!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Ticket order ** purchased on Aug 31st was never transferred to me. My purchase was a 4:00 Sept 1st baseball NYY vs Det in NY. I live in NJ. Was supposed to receive transfer email within 24 hrs. I call Vivid 3x on Sat. Did not get transfer email till 3:24 pm on Sat. Could not attend game and they refuse me a refund. Screenshots below show initial receipt of purchase confirmation and the actual time they sent me the tickets. Horrible customer service experience. Was lied to by 2 reps, spent a cumulative time frame of 3 hrs trying to get my tickets. To top it off today I had an SR Customer Care rep tell me it's not their concern about my travel arrangements.

As long as they sent the tickets no matter if I would be late for the game, or if it didn't meet either their 24 hr turnaround time or 1 hr before the event time frame that they advertise I got the tickets and should have went to the game. Somebody tell me who pays gas, tolls, and travels to an event with no tickets in their hand that they purchased. I want a full refund for my 3 tickets or comp tickets to another game. I was totally refused my request and will never purchase from Vivid again and I'm looking into corporate complaints.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

An absolute joke of a firm. They up-charge an unacceptable amount in exchange for sub-par service. I bought 2 tickets to the Yankee Game last night and the tickets did not transfer properly into the "app". I spoke to Vivid Seats customer service 4 times yesterday and was told to take a screenshot of what I was seeing in the app and send it to them and they would get back to me in 45 mins - 1hr. I sent them 2 emails and never heard from them. After I called again I was told that I would be called directly - never was. The money left my bank account very, very quickly but acquiring the tickets was a real hassle and my wife and I missed the event. Each ticket was $21 and the total cost was $60 - that is almost a 50% service fee for absurdly unacceptable service. Will never use again and will advise every single person in my network to stay away. Good PR Vivid Seats!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I bought two tickets just the other day. I was told each ticket was $60, but then I got charged two fees. My total came to $189. When the tickets arrived a few days later, I saw the tickets were only $35 each. I checked it against Ticket Master pricing. For the tickets and shipping, it was only $109. I could’ve got parking and still have been way under $189.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My wife ordered two tickets back in April (Order# **). The tickets were never delivered. Everytime we call, wait time was long, and the custom service just resent the same email to us (not the ticket transfer email). When we ask Vivid Seats to resend the ticket transfer email, the CS always says it is up to the seller to send it. In the end we did not receive the tickets, and missed the event. And WORST thing is Vivid Seats refused to fully refund, insist the seller has sent us the ticket transfer email. Worst experience ever. Should have just used Ticketmaster.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I am absolutely livid about the bait and switch when I picked up my tickets for Pearl Jam. I paid $822.29 with the service fee and was told I was upgraded to a club box with a much better view. When we arrived to these seats, not only were they behind the batting screen which was annoying, but the stage view was almost completely obstructed by the sound and lighting deck. The only performer we were able to view was the drummer and had to watch the entire concert on the jumbotron screens as the entire stadium was sold out. The next day on Vivid Seats website/app, these similar seats we sat in went for $160 less per ticket than what I paid for my original confirmed seats 4 months ahead of time.

Not only is this bait and switch, but this cost me 2 roundtrip airplane tickets to Chicago, and 2 nights in a hotel to attend a concert I waited months for and I couldn’t see it from where I sat. Their response was that "I could see the stage". Yeah, 20 feet above the performers. I'm not done with this. Stay away from them, Stub Hub or anyone else but not Vivid Seats, EVER.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Misleading, wrongful sale, or resale of tickets. They said we were purchasing e tickets, and never got them, when we tried their app, their app was not functioning properly, so then they said we had to print them, seems like bait and switch to me, not to mention the insanely high markup and service fees. Will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

No accountability. Paid big $$$$ for event tickets and parking - tickets were left on doorstep exposed to rain, etc. Parking passes sent electronically, unable to retrieve. Did I mention poor customer service and support - Buyer Beware. Their services are not worth the hassle. Very, very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I purchased 3rd base line tickets for a pirate game to take a friend to baseball game. I checked the app to make sure the tickets were available before I left for the game. When I was at the entrance gate the app would come up on my phone, but had an error message when I tried to go to "my ticket" section of the app to show the tickets. 3 times while at the gate I kept getting this error response try again. Embraced and getting remarks from the people behind me in line waiting I got out of line and purchased another set of tickets from the box office. It was the 3rd inning before we got to our outfield seats as the game was sold out and outfield was the only tickets available.

While sitting in the stands I went into the app and this time I could bring up the tickets. I called Vivid Seats and explained this and ask for a complete refund since I did not have access to the tickets that I purchased from them and all they would do is apologize, put the blame on my phone for not being able to access the Vivid Seats apps and refunded $26.80 on a purchase they charged me $148.00 for 2 tickets on their site that were not available when I needed it. I suggest you go to StubHub or Ticketmaster if you are not purchasing tickets directly from box office. Do not use Vivid Seats or you may not be able to get into your event.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Like others have reported, Vivid Seats stated that an email was sent to us by the seller for us to claim or accept the tickets. We have not been able to locate such an email and have asked to have it resent. Vivid Seats have stated that the seller will not resend despite the fact that the tickets have not been accepted or claimed by us and there is nothing they can do. Huge mistake not looking at reviews before buying through Vivid Seats as this is not uncommon. We are now out $750.00 as Vivid Seats state they are unable to do anything because they show the seller sent an email. So many other reputable ticket agencies out there. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased two tickets for a concert and selected the wrong date. My BAD! I contacted them immediately and was told they can't change my purchase but I can resell them on their site for a commission. I posted the tickets for sale understanding that the sale would cost me over $100 in fees. I received a notification that my posted tickets for sale would expire. I went on the site and updated my registration. Still I heard nothing about anyone wanting to purchase. Now a week before the concert I have reduced the price to far less than I paid and decided to go on their site as a 'purchaser.'

My tickets for sale did not display. When I contacted them about this I was told, "Oh, you must have made a mistake in your listing." Then why didn't I get a notification of a listing error rather than a listing expiration notice? I rechecked my entry for listing and there are no mistakes that can be made as you simply fill in THEIR prescribed boxes. I think they simply don't want to resell tickets when they can get customers to purchase other tickets. Use another broker for tickets - we'll never use Vivid Seats again

Original review: July 31, 2018

My daughter received her Lalapalozza 2018 ticket which turns out is a wristband that my ten-year-old thought was really cool and she put it on. Turns out it does not come off easily. We watched YouTube. We tried for 40 minutes to get it off but not destroy it. So we called after a 40-minute phone call. They said tough luck nothing we can do. I offered to pay out of my pocket to overnight it to them if they would just let me cut this off her. Send me a new one and I will pay overnight shipment too you know. They really can't help. You'll have to send your 10 year old daughter or just lose the $220.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I purchased a ticket for Vans Warped Tour in Columbia on Sunday for over 132.61 at Vivid Seats to have a good Spot. What I got when I printed the ticket on the link that Vivid send was a 50$ general admission ticket from Ticketfly. That’s fraud in my book. Will never use them again.

Original review: July 28, 2018

We ordered tickets to the Man City Bayern Munich match and never received an email that tickets were delivered. We called 3x, twice hung up on/disconnected, live chatted 2x and Vivid claims an email was sent. Gave an alternate email at 5 pm and at 11 pm no response. Live chatted again and Vivid says they emailed seller and for us to just wait. After reading these reviews we did a charge back and would highly recommend never using Vivid. Oh BTW, the tic were allegedly delivered via Ticketmaster, just better off going to Ticketmaster to begin with. Don’t use Vivid ever.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Tickets were purchased for 7/22/18 Foo Fighters concert in 11/17. These were purchased by my daughter as a Christmas present for me. It was also a Birthday present for my friend whose birthday is 7/23. $411 was spent on the purchase. At NO TIME was any mention made of an obstructed view. When we arrived at Field Box 5 we discovered there was a big ugly yellow post obstructing my friend's view. I called immediately. I was put on hold multiple times. Call was “disconnected” at least twice. I was told I needed to send them a photo and there wasn’t anything they could do to rectify the situation at that time either. I missed the first 4 songs of the set, and then there is no place to upload a photo at support@vividseats.com!!! Worst experience ever! I urge people not to use this service. They do NOT care about the experience of the ticket purchaser. Go to LiveNation or Ticketmaster instead.

Original review: July 21, 2018

My girlfriend and I bought tickets on March 21st, 2018 for Dave Matthews Band's Toronto performance on July 10th (almost 4 months in advance), which was my dream concert for more than a decade, so I bought tickets by paying $446.46 to be able to see them close from in front of the stage. Our excitement lasted until they scanned our ticket at the day of the concert. The tickets were scam. I spent about an hour on the phone to be able to get a customer representative (dropped from line twice meanwhile) and in the end they sent me a ticket which was far from the stage and when we were in the arena Dave Matthews Band was already playing their songs for about an hour.

A huge frustration and disappointment, I cannot explain by words. They sent me a Denial of Access form to fill next day and when I clicked the link I found out that the link was valid for 3 days only. I'm still having back and forth with them to chase for my payment, just spent 28 minutes by chatting with them (saved the transcript) just to find out that a member from their management team will contact me within 24 to 48 hours (same thing they advised me on the day of concert after I found out the scam). I will not give up and will be chasing them for a resolution. I'll write here again when/if Vivid Seats contact me again. * Copy of the scam is attached to this review.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I purchase WWE tickets through Vivid Seats. On their website it did not state the event name only that the tickets were WWE so I purchased them for my sister birthday present because she loves wrestling. But came to find out that they weren't raw or smackdown but nxt ticket. So I called Vivid seats to ask about getting an exchange but they stated they don't refund or do exchanges. Lol. I paid over 400.00 for these tickets. But they didn't care. They basically told me to scalp my tickets. I thought scalping was illegal!!! And would I even get the same amount, WTF. I will NEVER order from VIVID SEATS AGAIN... THEY DON'T DO REFUNDS OR EVEN EXCHANGES.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I purchased tickets for a concert through Vivid Seats. Without asking, they switched my seats to a less desirable location in the venue. They would not exchange or refund the changed purchase. I spoke with a senior manager and she said she could not help me. I purchased price of two tickets was $267 each 3 month before the event, and now the price is $150 each!! They offer no refund no exchange!! Please purchase your ticket from somewhere else!!

Original review: July 11, 2018

My wife purchased two tickets to a major league baseball game for me as a Father's Day Gift. The original purchased price of the tickets was $50 each or a total of $100. My wife unfortunately purchased the tickets through Vivid Seats and not directly with the team/stadium. Instead of paying $100 for the tickets, she paid $171.92 or an additional $71.92.

Vivid's explanation for the increase is that they are a secondary ticket selling marketplace. That they sell the tickets at current market value and not the original selling price. So they sold the tickets at $67 each, not the original selling price of $50 and then they added two additional fees to reach the additional $71.92. Please do not make the same mistake my wife did. Please do not ever buy anything from Vivid Seats. In my opinion you are paying way too much. I would recommend you buy your tickets directly and not from what they describe as an "secondary ticket selling marketplace."

Original review: July 6, 2018

Original review: July 5, 2018

VIVID SEATS hereinafter called here as "seller", didn't delivered to me, product that advertised. Seller is deemed as scam or fraudulent because didn't honor the electronic business transaction offered. When me and my wife arrived to the HOLLYWOOD BOWL, I just stood as a fool there because I couldn't pick up nothing. I spent time, money, gas, effort, trust to arrive the place, and nothing appear under a "supposed order number **". I contact repeatedly the seller until 8:30pm. The event started at 7:30pm, and the representative only told me that they can not honor the ticket because it was reselled to a third party who will request my ID. WHEN I showed my ID, NOTHING APPEARED under my order number or ID. I miss the half of the concert at the Hollywood Bowl, and I had to rebuy another tickets SO MUCH EXPENSIVE with a reseller... Complete scam and fraud!

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs