Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.69/5

438 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

Today, I had my first experience with Vivid Seats. I was on the phone with Brian and I have never been more happy with a customer service agent. He was so patient with me, explained how everything worked. He gave me his extension in case I have any more questions as time went on. If you want to talk to someone who is amazing at their job and will take the time to help you in any way possible. Ask to speak with Brian!!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased tickets already for pit tickets for Charlotte, NC for Ariana Grande. However, I decided last night to go to the Atlanta, GA part of the tour too. I was panicking for last minute tickets and had my doubts about using Vivid Seats based on other reviews. I decided to give it a shot since there was an amazing deal on tickets for about a few rows back. Based on other reviews, I was scared that my tickets would not scan... The tickets scanned and the experience was flawless. Thank you so much. One of the best sites I have used. Also, customer service was really good at helping me with any promotions that were ongoing for ticket sales.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My review is about vivid seats customer service and tickets. I have been in touch with customer service who originally helped me purchase tickets. So I will say their customer service is fair. I purchased tickets for a concert and wanted to back out because I found better seats for cheaper on another site. Also the reviews made me feel like I threw $250 out the window.. But I must say, Vivid Seats itself may not be a scam. I requested a refund through PayPal and although PayPal denied the refund, Vivid seats actually personally refunded me. I ended up happy with better seats and honestly that was very kind of the company since they have a no refund policy. Anyways, I think it depends on the seller of your particular ticket. I would recommend you purchase MOBILE TICKETS because then you have more wiggle room before an event to tell if they’re fakes or not.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert. After I purchased tickets I went online and read reviews and instantly felt sick to my stomach. So many stories with bad outcomes. However my experience was completely different. My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few days before the concert. I actually received them 2 weeks after I bought them. For the next few months I worried that my tickets were fake and that they wouldn’t scan at the gate. But I had zero issue. Great concert!

Original review: March 3, 2019

I've purchased from Vivid Seats 5 times and I've never disappointed. Each event I purchased was sold out and Vivid would often be my last resort. 3 P!ATD concerts, 1 TOP concert, and 1 BTS concert. Each seat was in the right location, I received my tickets early except for Twenty One Pilots. I didn't receive an email for the tickets 'til the month of the show. They explained before the purchase that it was for security purposes, which it did bother me a bit. Another flaw is the fees. The fees definitely depend on what type of ticket you're after. BTS was one of the hottest events that I purchased and their fee was $100 for each ticket. Sounds ridiculous, which it really is. I remember P!ATD and TOP being around $50 which isn't far from Ticketmaster fees I believe. Overall, Vivid Seats has always given me a wonderful experience and a wonderful way to get tickets to sold out shows. As long as you're okay with the fees, you should be happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Vivid Seats sent us tickets that didn't look valid, small stubs. We browsed Seahawks web site and saw they went 100% mobile. That increased our suspicions. We worked with Seahawks support to determine the tickets we received from Vivid Seats were invalid.. a scam from the seller. Luckily we determined this before trying to use them and get rejected at the gate. Vivid Seats has a guarantee that seats are valid or your money back. They refuse to respond. I'm emailing daily with proof the tickets are invalid, no response. You can't call them to ask for a manager, no number posted to call. Their chat is non-existent, sat there for 30 minutes, no live chat response. There's a reason you can't post reviews on their site. BBB is my only option. Crooks. I would avoid at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Kid Rock ticket. This has to be the crappiest company I have ever used. Purchased 1 tix over on 8/15/19 and still haven't received my ticket yet as of 1 pm EST on 9/19/19. The concert is tomorrow. I wouldn't use this crappy company ever again and would recommend everyone to not use this company. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I guess I should have read the reviews about this company before spending $700 on tickets for a concert. Purchased tickets back on 5/8/2019. Received confirmation email of ticket purchase and email stating my tickets would be available 9/15/2019 via electronic transfer, 2 days before my event. I did not receive my tickets and called the day of the event stating so. I called the first stating the problem I was having, the woman was friendly, asked for an alternate email in case that was the issue and told me they had contacted the seller and the seller was going to resend my tickets, if I had not received them 1 hour after the phone call...call again. 1 hour later, no tickets, call again and the second man I spoke to again was apologetic and told me again that the seller was resending my tickets, if I didn’t hear or receive an email call back again in 1 hour.

After waiting over 2 full hours and still no tickets we were about 3 and a half hours before the event, 2 hours before doors opened for the event. I receive a phone call from someone at Vivid stating they were issuing me different tickets....in a different section and different row. Ok sure no problem aside from the fact that the new tickets were worth $60 less EACH from the tickets we originally purchased. I was told nothing could be done and now suddenly they had proof I received my tickets on 5/30/2019 when I was looking directly at an email telling me my tickets would be available ON 9/15/2019. The man who called me was very rude and told me that now I had accepted the new tickets nothing could be done and that was the best they could do. Best they could do?! For a company who 100% guarantees customer satisfaction.

Of course I accepted the different tickets. At this point it was 45 minutes before the event was supposed to start, we traveled out of state and purchased a hotel room for the evening. I wasn’t asking to be refunded. I was simply asking to be reimbursed for the inconvenience of worse seats in a farther section. The man told me to call the next day to figure it out and that was all he could do for me and actually ended up DISCONNECTING the phone call on me. I called the day after the event as he had stated I could and was told the same twist of nothing they could do. There was proof I had them. I accepted different tickets so I should be happy, etc.

The funny thing is though when I had asked for the proof he had that I received them on this obscure date he couldn’t give me any and told me that they were accepted a few days later which NOBODY had mentioned before and said to me “don’t call a few hours before the event and expect for it to be fixed” even though when you call customer service they tell you they PRIORITIZE people with events today and tomorrow. What a bunch of disappointment and garbage. Rude people, no solution and a bogus guarantee advertised on their website. Will NEVER buy from them again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Bought $1200 worth of tickets on Vivid Seats 2 weeks ago. Now three days before the event I need to resale some in advance due to a death in the family. But, Vivid says they don’t possess or control delivery of the tickets they sell AND now the tickets they sold me aren’t eligible for resale anyway!! You can’t actually talk to a human being in customer service. Just a bad, bad process. Don’t give them your money!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I bought 4 tickets to the Rolling Stone concert in Miami Fl for April 20th 2019. The show was rescheduled for Aug 31st 2019. I paid $937.48 for 4 tickets and was willing to wait 'til Aug 31st but Hurricane Dorian was approaching and one day's notice moved it to Aug 30th. We could not attend because of the approaching hurricane. We live in Cocoa Beach FL and are over 3 hrs away and Florida declared a State of Emergency. Called Vivid Seats for a refund and was told because the show was rescheduled I can't get a refund. I also bought insurance through PayPal from Allianz Global Assistance and they too said to go through where I bought my tickets. Talked to the top guy Brandon **. and he was really no help. So bottom line do not buy tickets from Vivid Seats. They are not a reputable co.

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs