Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.62/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Vivid Seats Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Well, I am elated to say that I am one of those who had a positive purchasing experience with Vivid Seats. That being said, I did pay $640 total for two floor seats to the recent Tool concert at US BANK ARENA. However, they were transferred over on 10/30 as promised (Ticketmaster didn’t release them until 10/29, so 10/30 was perfectly reasonable) and they did in fact scan correctly at venue.

Pricing was exorbitant and entirely ridiculous, but he wanted floor seats and didn’t commit to going until about a month ago, and of course scalpers had gotten ahold of all the good seats by then. (Probably within minutes of them being available, to be honest.) An expensive Christmas gift for him and my friend’s husband, but he needed someone to go with and nobody else we knew could afford/were willing to spend $320 for a concert ticket. We’re just lucky to both have good jobs and no kids so we can afford them, I guess? Anyway... our tickets worked, he got into the venue, so I’d say it was a success! I can now put over a month’s worth of worrying to rest!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased tickets already for pit tickets for Charlotte, NC for Ariana Grande. However, I decided last night to go to the Atlanta, GA part of the tour too. I was panicking for last minute tickets and had my doubts about using Vivid Seats based on other reviews. I decided to give it a shot since there was an amazing deal on tickets for about a few rows back. Based on other reviews, I was scared that my tickets would not scan... The tickets scanned and the experience was flawless. Thank you so much. One of the best sites I have used. Also, customer service was really good at helping me with any promotions that were ongoing for ticket sales.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 13, 2019

My review is about vivid seats customer service and tickets. I have been in touch with customer service who originally helped me purchase tickets. So I will say their customer service is fair. I purchased tickets for a concert and wanted to back out because I found better seats for cheaper on another site. Also the reviews made me feel like I threw $250 out the window.. But I must say, Vivid Seats itself may not be a scam. I requested a refund through PayPal and although PayPal denied the refund, Vivid seats actually personally refunded me. I ended up happy with better seats and honestly that was very kind of the company since they have a no refund policy. Anyways, I think it depends on the seller of your particular ticket. I would recommend you purchase MOBILE TICKETS because then you have more wiggle room before an event to tell if they’re fakes or not.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert. After I purchased tickets I went online and read reviews and instantly felt sick to my stomach. So many stories with bad outcomes. However my experience was completely different. My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few days before the concert. I actually received them 2 weeks after I bought them. For the next few months I worried that my tickets were fake and that they wouldn’t scan at the gate. But I had zero issue. Great concert!

Original review: March 3, 2019

I've purchased from Vivid Seats 5 times and I've never disappointed. Each event I purchased was sold out and Vivid would often be my last resort. 3 P!ATD concerts, 1 TOP concert, and 1 BTS concert. Each seat was in the right location, I received my tickets early except for Twenty One Pilots. I didn't receive an email for the tickets 'til the month of the show. They explained before the purchase that it was for security purposes, which it did bother me a bit. Another flaw is the fees. The fees definitely depend on what type of ticket you're after. BTS was one of the hottest events that I purchased and their fee was $100 for each ticket. Sounds ridiculous, which it really is. I remember P!ATD and TOP being around $50 which isn't far from Ticketmaster fees I believe. Overall, Vivid Seats has always given me a wonderful experience and a wonderful way to get tickets to sold out shows. As long as you're okay with the fees, you should be happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Purchased tickets from Vivid Seats for Hamilton in October, 2019. Received a call from vivid seats three days before event that my tickets were cancelled. No real explanation given. Very disappointed!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I recently used the Vivid App to search for tickets for a Florida Panthers hockey game looking for row 1. On the event search, I found a section 128 listed with 6 tickets in row 1. I purchased 4 tickets and waited for delivery. On delivery, I got row 26. I tried calling Customer Service and got pushed to using "chat" with a rep named Jose. I explained my situation and he explained that these tickets are marked 'zone seating', which when you read the fine print can be any row (1 to 28) in the section. I asked why was row 1 listed and not 28, as I did my search by row. Jose admitted is could be confusing but said he could not do anything. I asked for a supervisor and he stated all were busy but could try calling by phone. I called and got pushed around the automated system for 5 minutes trying to get a 'human', then hung up.

I contacted through Facebook and got a reply asking my contact info (email, phone). I got an email stating exactly what Jose said, and they could offer nothing except try to resell. Row 26 tickets are selling for $18, but I paid $55 for what I thought was Row 1. No one in their right mind will pay $55 for tickets that you can get for $18 is what I told them. I stated, "If you can't guarantee any row better than Row 28, then list them as Row 28 and not Row 1." I said I felt it was false advertising, and asked them to resolve. I had used Vivid for 6 years, but after this will gladly go to other ticket agencies since Vivid obviously will not resolve the situation that they caused....and admitted. Poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

We bought Broncos tickets 2 months in advance. Immediately got a confirmation email, everything seemed good. I am not a fan of this whole releasing tickets only a few days before the event, but I've done that with another company in the past and it worked out fine. The confusing part is the actual ticket delivery. They come from a 3rd party email, might be Ticketmaster, might be something else. I overlooked the email when it came 6 days ahead of time (I recognize that this is my fault) as it was pushed to my junk email folder. I had incorrectly assumed that I would be able to get the Vivid Seats app and accept my tickets. Of course, this all became an issue at the last minute when I couldn't find the "detailed email with instructions to accept tickets." I searched everything I could think of: "tickets" "broncos" "empower field" "Ticketmaster" etc. but they weren't coming up!

It took 20 minutes to find a way to talk to a live person on vivid seats (I had to go through the touch tone process a few times and finally selected refund, then got hung up on a few times.) When I did get a hold of a real person, she suggested I search more and use all of those same searches I had already used. I didn't understand why they couldn't just resend that same email or I couldn't just link to the tickets in the app, or they couldn't at least tell me for certain where this email was coming from.

They then tried contacting the seller and having them resend the email to a different address, but then while we were on the phone we were told that the resending process was not going to work. We ended up going to the ticket sales window and buying 3 similar seats for $150 less. The email to another address did come through in the end it was from Ticketmaster and seemed legitimate, but long after we had just purchased other tickets.

I think that if you're on top of it and doing your research (watching out for those fees!), vivid seats might be ok. I wish there was a more streamlined way of receiving tickets. It's easier to search for that email on a desktop computer. They won't offer me a refund because the seller did send the tickets and they needed to get paid, which I understand to a point. They did offer me a $55 credit toward my next Vivid Seats purchase for the inconvenience (I originally spent $500 on this order). It might just be easier to go directly through Ticketmaster? That's what the people at will call recommended.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Tickets were listed at $116 but then I receive an order confirmation via email for a total of $297.20! The "live chat agent" explained that I may have missed the fees "as they become available to view as a link underneath your order total at the top of the checkout page. THE ORDER TOTAL UPDATES FULLY ONCE YOU HAVE ADDED OR DECLINED TICKET INSURANCE." I placed this order on my phone and the full page wasn't available without scrolling so it's on me because buyer beware. Naturally tickets are not refundable because the order was confirmed and delivered (the email with the total).

Hopefully they will be accepted at the box office. The agent advised that of 10,000 of orders every day, only a handful of customers ever reach out saying they were denied entry for a given day or event and of those, not every instance is due to the tickets themselves. Yay. Such confidence. If our tickets are to scan as invalid or any other similar issue with them not being accepted, I should call Vivid Seats immediately. Right.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I ordered tickets to a Colts' game 6 months before the game and have not received them on the day before the game. I’ve called Vivid several times to no avail. The supervisor told me to ‘be patient’. As I explained to him, the other supervisor and the agents I spoke with, I am traveling from the Philadelphia area to Indiana to see the game with my son. When it got to 22 hours before game time I had to do something so I made the decision to dispute the charge and purchase tickets from a legitimate seller, (which I received approximately 3 minutes after ordering).

Vivid tried telling me the team hadn’t released the tickets, I knew this to be untrue as I know season ticket holders, another agent told me they were ‘waiting on inventory’. I supposedly purchased specific seats so why would we be waiting on inventory? This is a dishonorable, scam company. There are much more reliable sellers out there. I wish I knew that before I went down this road with vivid.

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs