2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.59/5

Vivid Seats Reviews

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

The ease of use makes the Vivid Seats app a pleasure to use. I like that you can search any artist, and it lets you know if, where, and when the desired artist will be playing near you. The cost of doing business with ticket brokers, is just out of control. When placing an order, there should just be one cost, no matter how many seats that you are purchasing. Especially when using the print at home feature. This isn't unique to Vivid, though. I would say that is the only negative, when using any of these sites.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Well, I am elated to say that I am one of those who had a positive purchasing experience with Vivid Seats. That being said, I did pay $640 total for two floor seats to the recent Tool concert at US BANK ARENA. However, they were transferred over on 10/30 as promised (Ticketmaster didn’t release them until 10/29, so 10/30 was perfectly reasonable) and they did in fact scan correctly at venue.

Pricing was exorbitant and entirely ridiculous, but he wanted floor seats and didn’t commit to going until about a month ago, and of course scalpers had gotten ahold of all the good seats by then. (Probably within minutes of them being available, to be honest.) An expensive Christmas gift for him and my friend’s husband, but he needed someone to go with and nobody else we knew could afford/were willing to spend $320 for a concert ticket. We’re just lucky to both have good jobs and no kids so we can afford them, I guess? Anyway... our tickets worked, he got into the venue, so I’d say it was a success! I can now put over a month’s worth of worrying to rest!

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased tickets already for pit tickets for Charlotte, NC for Ariana Grande. However, I decided last night to go to the Atlanta, GA part of the tour too. I was panicking for last minute tickets and had my doubts about using Vivid Seats based on other reviews. I decided to give it a shot since there was an amazing deal on tickets for about a few rows back. Based on other reviews, I was scared that my tickets would not scan... The tickets scanned and the experience was flawless. Thank you so much. One of the best sites I have used. Also, customer service was really good at helping me with any promotions that were ongoing for ticket sales.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My review is about vivid seats customer service and tickets. I have been in touch with customer service who originally helped me purchase tickets. So I will say their customer service is fair. I purchased tickets for a concert and wanted to back out because I found better seats for cheaper on another site. Also the reviews made me feel like I threw $250 out the window.. But I must say, Vivid Seats itself may not be a scam. I requested a refund through PayPal and although PayPal denied the refund, Vivid seats actually personally refunded me. I ended up happy with better seats and honestly that was very kind of the company since they have a no refund policy. Anyways, I think it depends on the seller of your particular ticket. I would recommend you purchase MOBILE TICKETS because then you have more wiggle room before an event to tell if they’re fakes or not.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert. After I purchased tickets I went online and read reviews and instantly felt sick to my stomach. So many stories with bad outcomes. However my experience was completely different. My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few days before the concert. I actually received them 2 weeks after I bought them. For the next few months I worried that my tickets were fake and that they wouldn’t scan at the gate. But I had zero issue. Great concert!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: April 3, 2020

We purchased tickets to CMA Fest for 2020 and it has been CANCELED due to the Coronavirus. This is completely unexpected and out of our control. Vivid Seats sent an e-mail stating the event is rescheduled for June 2021, though CMA Fest itself announced CMA Fest 2020 WILL NOT HAPPEN. CMA Fest is an annual event. Rescheduling it means it would happen again in the same year. This is not a reschedule or postponement as Vivid Seats is trying to claim. Vivid Seats will not issue us a refund in the amount of $1775.81.

After reading other reviews it appears this is not uncommon with Vivid Seats and how they treat their customers. I called on two different occasions and was told there was no one higher than the person I was talking to with whom I could speak. Perhaps a class action law suit will get their attention and either provide refunds to hardworking people like myself deserve or put them out of business so they cannot continue to hurt people like this. Who knows what will happen between today (3 April 2020) and June 2021? If we get infected by this virus and perish, then they won't think a thing about it, but they will have kept our money with no consequences. This is not OK. Stay tuned.

Original review: April 2, 2020

If you watch the behavior of some businesses during this crisis you can get a picture of who they really are and despite their empty words of working with their customers, they have a strategy of milking every dollar they can. Last November my wife and I purchased two tickets for a Michael Buble concert to be held May 8, 2020 in Las Vegas. We got the tickets through Vivid Seats and the total cost for two tickets was $742. Forget the fact that the only way you can get these tickets is through a third-party vendor such as Vivid Seats, accompanied by their markup. It became very obvious that the concert was not going to be held on the proscribed date. We were informed today that in fact the concert had been “postponed” to a later date to be announced.

I inquired about getting a refund. Vivid Seats has a clear policy if the event is cancelled you will get a full refund. But in this case, they play semantics and say the event has been postponed. They don’t have another date and do not know when they will have a date. In the meantime, they have collected millions of dollars from concert ticket buyers and have been sitting on that money, in my case, for over four months. For my point of view if the concert is not going to take place on the proscribed date then it has been cancelled. They can schedule another date for Michael Buble to appear but that will be a new concert.

If we assume that since Buble has cancelled his entire summer concert series due to the crisis then we may not see this event rescheduled until sometime in late 2020. So Vivid Seats can sit on this large pile of cash for close to a year or possibly longer. I then indicated that I was not sure we could be in Las Vegas when the event is “rescheduled” since we do not know what our schedule will be in this scenario. I was informed that we could then sell the tickets through Vivid Seats and of course there would be another service charge accompanying that sale. I think you can safely assume that I will no longer purchase any tickets through Vivid Seats or any other agent who adopts this rigid policy.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Bought tickets to a Dance Gavin dance event scheduled for march 18th. It was cancelled the week before. Got an email from customer service saying they would provide refunds. When I contacted them and requested a refund, they said I couldn't get one but I could resell my tickets. I tried reselling my tickets but my event isn't even posted on the app so I'm out $120. The customer service is garbage and won't help you. I'm never using this service again. During a time like this, I need the money back for bills. The fact that this company doesn't care about its customers, says a lot.

Original review: March 31, 2020

As everyone knows the MLB season is on hold and very well might not play at all. I purchased 2 tickets to Dodgers vs Giants March 28th 2020. The game is canceled. Vivid Seats does not want to refund the money. They tried to tell me the game will be played later, which is not exactly true. I would suggest that anyone doing business with Vivid Seats be prepared to have your money taken and not get it back. Very poor company that lies to customers. There is absolutely no reschedule date and MLB has in fact come out and said it wont be for several more months until they know if and what games might be played. Vivid Seats is holding my money, which I am not ok with. Buyer beware on this scalper site that keeps your money, even when it's the venue that cancels.

Original review: March 30, 2020

We had tickets to Shania Twain in Las Vegas for March 14, 2020. This was during the Corona Virus outbreak. Our governor had issued a do not travel mandate which we decided to follow, and not attend the concert. Vivid Seats would not give us a refund. Our friends who were going to meet us had used other resellers and received refunds or the ability to use the money spent for an event later in the year. I have used Vivid for all kinds of events, but will no longer have anything to do with them. I received refunds on every other aspect of our trip; hotels, air travel, car rental, etc. Beware of Vivid!

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team