2.7/5 (2648 ratings)

About Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats is an online marketplace that lets people buy and sell tickets to major events, including concerts, shows, music festivals, sporting events and theater productions. It offers a 100% Buyer Guarantee and serves as the middleman between customers looking for tickets and sellers.

Pros

• Easy access to event tickets
  • Independently operated
  • 100% Buyer Guarantee

Cons

• Ticket prices can fluctuate
  • Hidden fees increase final price

Bottom Line

Vivid Seats is a trustworthy online resource that helps connect consumers with event tickets. It serves as an intermediary between sellers and buyers and offers a buyer guarantee on all tickets.

Top Vivid Seats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Verified

I live in Nebraska, and purchased tickets for the Ozzy farewell concert in Tinley Park, Illinois.., I had my wife, 4 children, and grandson looking forward to this concert 600 mil...

Verified

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert… My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few...

What is Vivid Seats?

Vivid Seats’ goal is to safely and securely connect customers with event tickets. It also assists sellers who have tickets and want to sell them safely.

Vivid Seats lets you search for tickets by date, venue, city, price, quantity and seat location. The 100% Buyer Guarantee promises the ticket purchase is secure, the tickets will arrive before the event date and the tickets are valid. The company offers promotional deals and discounts via email, and, according to the website, Vivid Seats ships tickets directly to you in any of the following forms:

• Mobile e-tickets
  • Email delivery/instant download
  • Standard shipping
  • Electronic transfer
  • AXS Mobile ID
  • Special delivery (including local pickup, will call or paperless)

Vivid Seats gives sellers a safe online marketplace to find interested buyers. Tickets must meet standards set by Vivid Seats — they must be for a U.S. event, and you can’t sell tickets before you own them. The seller is not responsible for paying shipping fees.

Vivid Seats fees

It is free to list your tickets on Vivid Seats, but there is a 10% commission taken out of the final sale price. Along with the listed ticket price, the company adds shipping costs and a service fee to each order. The buyer is responsible for these costs. The goal of Vivid Seats is to offer the best out-the-door-prices for a wide variety of tickets.

Vivid Seats FAQ

Can you get scammed on Vivid Seats?
The 100% Buyer Guarantee means Vivid Seats upholds industry standards for safe and secure transactions. It never shares your credit card information, and you can read more about its privacy and security guidelines on the company’s website. The guarantee protects buyers from getting invalid tickets and ensures they receive their tickets on time. It is a safe and secure process.
Is Vivid Seats reliable?
Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable online marketplace for buying and selling event tickets.
Is Vivid Seats owned by Ticketmaster?
No. Vivid Seats is an independently owned and operated online marketplace.
Are Vivid Seats tickets guaranteed?
Yes. The 100% Buyer Guarantee ensures that you get the right tickets and that they arrive on time.
How do you sell tickets on Vivid Seats?
To sell tickets, they must meet Vivid Seats’ requirements. Sellers can choose the price for their tickets and modify them at any time. You get an email when the tickets are sold, and then you either upload them or ship them. You are paid through PayPal after the event occurs.

Is Vivid Seats legit?

Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable way to buy and sell tickets. It is a legitimate company that facilities hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ticket sales each year. We recommend the company for anyone looking for deals on concert tickets or shows in the United States.

Vivid Seats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

After reading review about Vivid Seats I was extremely skeptical but decided to take my chance anyway because they had the cheapest tickets for The Judd's Final Tour in Lexington, KY. The tickets I purchases were only $35.00 a piece after fees and taxes, the same tickets on Ticketmaster were listed for $170.00 a piece after fees and taxes. I received a link to claim my tickets within 5 minutes of purchasing and was able to transfer the tickets to my Ticketmaster account. I highly recommend purchasing tickets from a verified seller on Vivid Seats.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I have bought tickets through Vivid Seats for two different concerts. Overall, my experience was very positive. In one order, my tickets arrived via email within an hour or so. In my other order, my tickets didn't arrive until the night before the concert; that was a little nerve-wracking, but their customer service and chat support was great and they assured me they would monitor the situation.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I purchased tickets for the New Edition concert through Vivid Seats. I looked up reviews on this site and was a little worried but decided to move forward anyway and was pleasantly surprised. I made sure to use a credit card with fraud protection and I was prepared to call customer service if my tickets weren't sent to me within 24 hours. Luckily, the tickets were sent to me within an hour and they came through Ticketmaster. No issues at all, would use them again.

Original review: March 14, 2022

First time using Vivid Seats to get tickets. I bought tickets to a Tool concert from vivid seats and then read the reviews.... I was terrified that I would not receive my tickets. I bought my tickets 5 months before the show. My tickets were not released until 1 week before the show. I got an email the day they were supposed to get to me saying that they were sent but I would need different tickets to use at the venue. After setting up a ticket master account my tickets were sent to me. It was a nerve racking 5 months wait, but I did receive the tickets as promised!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I purchased tickets to Nitro Extreme stunt show and was charged triple the amount for show tickets. I feel they were not looking out for the consumer and price gouging. People work to hard to be taken advantage of.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Vivid Seats informed me tickets were transferred, however, I never received an email from the seller nor a notification to accept the tickets in my Ticketmaster account. Vivid Seats informed me the transfer would take place within Ticketmaster. I contacted customer service the day of the event and they stated "Since we are able to troubleshoot and confirm that tickets are not able to be located, we will be submitting a request for a retransfer. However, I would just like to let you know that this is still not guaranteed and may take some time as this has to be confirmed by the seller."

The tickets were never transferred to my email nor my Ticketmaster account. I showed proof that my Ticketmaster account did not show the pending transfer nor any scheduled events. Vivid Seats customer service would not refund my money even with all of this documented. When I called to speak with a real person, they stated they cannot issue the refund nor escalate further. Customer Service put me on hold to only come back 5 minutes later to say cannot help and hung up on before I could comment. I lost $296 on this transaction. People should not use Vivid Seats to purchase tickets as there is no guarantee the tickets will actually be received.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Do not try to sell a ticket on Vivid Seats!! We sold four tickets per the instructions on the Vivid Seats email and were told everything was done correctly on our part. Three days later after the event had already started, we received an email saying something went wrong. We called again and they said everything on our part was correct. Fast-forward to yesterday, they are saying they gave the four tickets to the people for free and are now charging us an additional almost 3 thousand dollars for not completing the sale correctly. Shouldn't they have told us something went wrong far before the event and not after it already started and after we had confirmed we did everything correctly?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I contacted CS because I cannot access my tickets via the website and they were never emailed to me. I paid $342 for 2 tickets to an event. Paul, the service rep, refused 4 times to connect me to a supervisor. He told me my only option is to borrow someone else’s smartphone and download the app. I refuse to download an app to access tickets that were supposed to be emailed to me. False advertising, because there is no way to get the tickets unless you download the app. They are not really emailed. I will be disputing this charge with my bank because The tickets were never delivered to me. Don’t do it. Go to a reputable site that doesn’t for customers to download apps.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I purchased 2 tickets for a Steve Harvey Vault Empowers conference in 2021 that was canceled. Unbeknownst to me the event had actually been canceled before I purchased the tickets from Vivid Seats and they still let me buy them. I was trying to use a credit from a Billie Eilish concert that was expiring so I was searching on Vivid Seats for something of interest. Not only did I use my 600 dollar credit I paid additional money for another ticket both totaling over $1000. I have reached out to Vivid Seats numerous times and Vault Empowers has reached out to them as well. Yet they refuse to even issue me a credit for an event that was supposed to take place now 2 years ago. I only get a canned email response that says the event is postponed and not canceled.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

They sold me tickets to the Fiesta Bowl that obstructs seeing the entire field in which they did not disclose at the time of ordering. They refused do anything because the railing is part of the stadium structure. The customer service was absolutely useless and refused to escalate the matter. I’ll never buy these guys again especially with price the extortion they use.

Vivid Seats Company Information