2.7/5 (2609 ratings)

About Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats is an online marketplace that lets people buy and sell tickets to major events, including concerts, shows, music festivals, sporting events and theater productions. It offers a 100% Buyer Guarantee and serves as the middleman between customers looking for tickets and sellers.

Pros

• Easy access to event tickets
  • Independently operated
  • 100% Buyer Guarantee

Cons

• Ticket prices can fluctuate
  • Hidden fees increase final price

Bottom Line

Vivid Seats is a trustworthy online resource that helps connect consumers with event tickets. It serves as an intermediary between sellers and buyers and offers a buyer guarantee on all tickets.

Top Vivid Seats Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I live in Nebraska, and purchased tickets for the Ozzy farewell concert in Tinley Park, Illinois.., I had my wife, 4 children, and grandson looking forward to this concert 600 mil...

Verified

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert… My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few...

What is Vivid Seats?

Vivid Seats’ goal is to safely and securely connect customers with event tickets. It also assists sellers who have tickets and want to sell them safely.

Vivid Seats lets you search for tickets by date, venue, city, price, quantity and seat location. The 100% Buyer Guarantee promises the ticket purchase is secure, the tickets will arrive before the event date and the tickets are valid. The company offers promotional deals and discounts via email, and, according to the website, Vivid Seats ships tickets directly to you in any of the following forms:

• Mobile e-tickets
  • Email delivery/instant download
  • Standard shipping
  • Electronic transfer
  • AXS Mobile ID
  • Special delivery (including local pickup, will call or paperless)

Vivid Seats gives sellers a safe online marketplace to find interested buyers. Tickets must meet standards set by Vivid Seats — they must be for a U.S. event, and you can’t sell tickets before you own them. The seller is not responsible for paying shipping fees.

Vivid Seats fees

It is free to list your tickets on Vivid Seats, but there is a 10% commission taken out of the final sale price. Along with the listed ticket price, the company adds shipping costs and a service fee to each order. The buyer is responsible for these costs. The goal of Vivid Seats is to offer the best out-the-door-prices for a wide variety of tickets.

Vivid Seats FAQ

Can you get scammed on Vivid Seats?
The 100% Buyer Guarantee means Vivid Seats upholds industry standards for safe and secure transactions. It never shares your credit card information, and you can read more about its privacy and security guidelines on the company’s website. The guarantee protects buyers from getting invalid tickets and ensures they receive their tickets on time. It is a safe and secure process.
Is Vivid Seats reliable?
Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable online marketplace for buying and selling event tickets.
Is Vivid Seats owned by Ticketmaster?
No. Vivid Seats is an independently owned and operated online marketplace.
Are Vivid Seats tickets guaranteed?
Yes. The 100% Buyer Guarantee ensures that you get the right tickets and that they arrive on time.
How do you sell tickets on Vivid Seats?
To sell tickets, they must meet Vivid Seats’ requirements. Sellers can choose the price for their tickets and modify them at any time. You get an email when the tickets are sold, and then you either upload them or ship them. You are paid through PayPal after the event occurs.

Is Vivid Seats legit?

Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable way to buy and sell tickets. It is a legitimate company that facilities hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ticket sales each year. We recommend the company for anyone looking for deals on concert tickets or shows in the United States.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: March 14, 2022

First time using Vivid Seats to get tickets. I bought tickets to a Tool concert from vivid seats and then read the reviews.... I was terrified that I would not receive my tickets. I bought my tickets 5 months before the show. My tickets were not released until 1 week before the show. I got an email the day they were supposed to get to me saying that they were sent but I would need different tickets to use at the venue. After setting up a ticket master account my tickets were sent to me. It was a nerve racking 5 months wait, but I did receive the tickets as promised!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I bought tickets 2 years ago and wanted great upfront seats to the Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett stadium concert in Washington. I did pay extra for my seats which was two. But, it was sure worth it in the end. I was outfield in section five, row twenty five, and seats eleven and twelve. Since this concert is going to be a blowout, I recommend Vivid Seats and pay a little extra for great seats. The tickets came to me in the mail in just a few days!

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Morgan Wallen tickets recently went on sale in my area. My daughter and I both waited online on Ticketmaster to get tickets. We were logged in early and still we could not get tickets. Every time we added them to our cart, it would say they had sold. We were crushed because we have wanted to see Morgan Wallen for so long!

We started searching for tickets and found some on Vivid Seats so we snatched them up. The one bad portion of the experience is that we did not get our tickets until the morning of the event. At this point, I had chatted with the people on the Vivid app. I had checked my email and app hundreds of times and had called waited on hold for 52 minutes only to get disconnected. So I was frustrated. I had read the reviews too and they were abysmal. So I was very concerned. I woke up the day of the event to an email containing our tickets. They downloaded quickly, were for the correct event and the correct seats. They worked perfectly and we had a great time! If it wasn’t for Vivid Seats we would not have been able to have this experience. I would totally use Vivid Seats again!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Let me first say that I was very hesitant to purchase tickets from Vividseats, based on the overwhelmingly negative reviews. However, they had the best seats, at reasonable prices. So, I had no choice but to roll the dice and hope for the best. Let me just say that I was completely shocked when I received my tickets within five minutes of placing the order. The e-mails containing the instructions to accept/download the tickets were excellent. I had no trouble at all, and can now rest easy knowing I will be able to attend the Genesis concert at the end of this month, and that I will not have to deal with any of the issues other people have/didn't just waste a ton of money. It's worth noting that I am very tech-savy, and that may be te reason some people have had such issues with Vivid. These are electronic tickets/transfers, and you need to know what you are doing. Thanks, Vividseats, for pleasantly surprising me.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

The bad reviews got the best of my emotions. It was my first time using Vivid Seats & I didn't see the first email from the seller to release tickets to me. I had purchased 7 tickets for a football game & the first customer service rep did not clearly explain the process to me. Many of the cust. service responses seemed like canned responses, which scared me more. After being neurotic & stalking on LinkedIn, a Senior Vendor Relationship Manager made me feel better about the purchase. Then I did receive the electronic tickets, but they disappeared from my Apple Wallet the day of the event. They were retrievable from the seller's email, but the entire time leading up to the scanning of the tickets was extremely stressful.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

My husband bought a ticket because he was taking me to see Michael Bubble, we asked for a change of parking and they could not cancel because they are resellers, did I realize that they resell it, the real cost was $10, but with a profit of more than 40 dlls and could not just change the ticket, it is a company that I definitely would not buy again. DO NOT buy, expensive and definitely do not buy from them, I cannot believe that they do not solve anything, this is absolutely terrible.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Purchased Padre tickets on Vivid Seats despite their outrageous fees. Got confirmation of sale. Starting 7 hours prior to event started communicating with customer service about non-delivery of tickets. Was assured I would get the tickets prior to the game and they had a 100% guarantee of delivery all the way up to 20 minutes before the game. At 5 minutes was told there was a problem with the seller. Tried to substitute inferior seats. Requested refund and missed the only game we were in town for. Ruined our vacation. Guarantee is total **. Customer service is useless and just stalls and delays. Will never use Vivid again. Zero stars. Buy from another service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Vivid Seats also operates as Ticketsales.com and is a total rip off with poor customer service and a no cancelation, exchange or refund policy. Paid $499.00 for tickets I thought were directly with the theater. However once the purchase was completed realized this was a third party. Called to cancel and they said tough luck all sales are final. Called the theater which they realize they have a problem and have ceased all mobile sales and trying to eliminate the website. Received the tickets 3 months later with a $100.00 face value under the name Lisa ** which turns out to be a fictitious name to buy tickets. Check the Better Business Bureau site for a long list of dissatisfied customers and complaints.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I purchased 4 last minute tickets to a concert. I was told via phone that I’ll receive my tickets in 3-5 minutes. They never arrived. We had to stand outside the concert for 3 hours calling Vivid Seats, emailing them, live chat etc. and they were “closed.” PLEASE SAVE YOUR TIME AND PURCHASE THROUGH TICKETMASTER! THEY'RE SCAMMERS.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I went on Vivid seats for the first time to buy Raiders Tickets and I should have stuck with my gut and bought through Ticketmaster, but I decided to try to save money on fees, which was a HUGE mistake. The tickets were $188 advertised (each) and after fees - which were not disclosed until the receipt came in my email after wards, that I paid over $500 for these two tickets and then with the exchange rate it costs me $691 for two tickets that were advertised for $188 - I called in to talk to them and they said "Tough luck" and to try to resell them on their website, which was completely unprofessional, as they do not disclose their fees at the time of the sale. I would highly recommend to avoid using this company and stick with ticketmaster, even though their fees are high, but you know what you're paying ahead of time.

Vivid Seats Company Information