Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.76/5

374 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased tickets already for pit tickets for Charlotte, NC for Ariana Grande. However, I decided last night to go to the Atlanta, GA part of the tour too. I was panicking for last minute tickets and had my doubts about using Vivid Seats based on other reviews. I decided to give it a shot since there was an amazing deal on tickets for about a few rows back. Based on other reviews, I was scared that my tickets would not scan... The tickets scanned and the experience was flawless. Thank you so much. One of the best sites I have used. Also, customer service was really good at helping me with any promotions that were ongoing for ticket sales.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My review is about vivid seats customer service and tickets. I have been in touch with customer service who originally helped me purchase tickets. So I will say their customer service is fair. I purchased tickets for a concert and wanted to back out because I found better seats for cheaper on another site. Also the reviews made me feel like I threw $250 out the window.. But I must say, Vivid Seats itself may not be a scam. I requested a refund through PayPal and although PayPal denied the refund, Vivid seats actually personally refunded me. I ended up happy with better seats and honestly that was very kind of the company since they have a no refund policy. Anyways, I think it depends on the seller of your particular ticket. I would recommend you purchase MOBILE TICKETS because then you have more wiggle room before an event to tell if they’re fakes or not.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert. After I purchased tickets I went online and read reviews and instantly felt sick to my stomach. So many stories with bad outcomes. However my experience was completely different. My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few days before the concert. I actually received them 2 weeks after I bought them. For the next few months I worried that my tickets were fake and that they wouldn’t scan at the gate. But I had zero issue. Great concert!

Original review: March 3, 2019

I've purchased from Vivid Seats 5 times and I've never disappointed. Each event I purchased was sold out and Vivid would often be my last resort. 3 P!ATD concerts, 1 TOP concert, and 1 BTS concert. Each seat was in the right location, I received my tickets early except for Twenty One Pilots. I didn't receive an email for the tickets 'til the month of the show. They explained before the purchase that it was for security purposes, which it did bother me a bit. Another flaw is the fees. The fees definitely depend on what type of ticket you're after. BTS was one of the hottest events that I purchased and their fee was $100 for each ticket. Sounds ridiculous, which it really is. I remember P!ATD and TOP being around $50 which isn't far from Ticketmaster fees I believe. Overall, Vivid Seats has always given me a wonderful experience and a wonderful way to get tickets to sold out shows. As long as you're okay with the fees, you should be happy.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I live in Nebraska, and purchased tickets for the Ozzy farewell concert in Tinley Park, Illinois. I later, read the reviews for Vivid Seats, and my heart stopped! I had my wife, 4 children, and grandson looking forward to this concert 600 miles away, and I didn't know if we could even get in. I kept my worries to myself, and when they scanned my ticket at the concert, the scanner lit up green, and we all saw an amazing concert! Thank you V.S.!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: July 22, 2019

They overcharge me by hundreds of dollars!!!! Sent me multiple tickets. When I asked why they said it was a mistake and gave me the worst available tickets they had!!!! Every time giving me worse tickets for my anniversary.

Original review: July 21, 2019

On July 20, 2019, I purchased two Indianapolis Colts Season Tickets. I found an incredible, once in a lifetime deal on Vivid Seats website. It was club level seating for $350ish a ticket. I immediately purchased. Later that day, I received a text message requesting that I call back customer service. I did. They advised me that the seller was unable to fulfill the order and that the order would be cancelled. The rep advised that the tickets were likely sold on another website and are now unavailable. The tickets were not already sold, the seller clearly made a mistake on the pricing and now did not want to sell the tickets for the price that they listed. Vivid Seats website clearly states that seller is responsible for any and all pricing errors. However, they did not hold this seller accountable. I've used Vivid before and it was pretty painless however this transaction has ruined any future business from me. DO NOT USE VIVID SEATS.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Purchased tickets that were non existent, after spending 50 on long distance call from Canada, they offered me to buy a different ticket on the game that was already half way in. Absolutely no interest in customer satisfaction from Jazzman, customer manager.

Original review: July 19, 2019

This service is terrible! They change the dates of when you will receive the tickets and then will not stand behind their "guarantee". They have no concern if you never receive the tickets - this may be a complete scam! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!

Original review: July 18, 2019

Bought 5 tickets as a group to Miss Saigon for my mom's bday. Tickets said rows were to be determined. But ALL FIVE SEATS were separated. Could have easily bought smaller groups of 2/3, but instead it ruined the entire experience. Customer service straight up doesn’t give a **! Rude and unhelpful. Website was very ambiguous, then customer service makes it seem like you agreed to it. Gross way of doing business.

Original review: July 18, 2019

My daughter purchased tickets which we thought were for $323 for both tickets as this person isn’t well known. We were also charged a service fee of over $280.00. How do they get away with this $960.00 for two tickets. This is just wrong.

Original review: July 17, 2019

You must not make a mistake. My elderly mother was trying to get concert tickets in Las Vegas but when transaction went thru it was for one in California. Just want to change tickets for correct location. Customer Service will not help her in any way!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I bought a Floozies ticket on their site and it was $25 more than Etix for the same ticket. This site should be a last resort, please don't waste your money on this website. I hate companies that are predatory like this one. We all just want to go see our favorite musicians, not get stolen from. SO DISAPPOINTED!!!! That's a boycott from me!

Original review: July 15, 2019

Bought Rolling Stones tickets for 7/14 in May. Understood that the tickets would be provided electronic by 7/13. Concert was postponed one day to 7/15 and got an email stating the tickets would be sent on or before 7/14. Contacted Vivid Seats help and was told I would need a computer to receive the tickets. Logged onto a chat with Vivid Seats and was told the tickets would be sent the morning of 7/15. I told him that was unacceptable but his response was “if you don’t receive the tickets before the event Vivid Seats will refund your money. I asked why the electronic tickets were not available and the response was that I will receive them before the event.

So - I have to have faith in this Mickey Mouse operation that I will actually receive tickets and be able to download them on a mobile device after staying overnight in New Orleans after driving three hours to get there. I highly recommend using ANY OTHER ticket source for your event tickets. I should have read reviews before doing business with these fine folks.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I bought tickets at 99$ per seat for the concert. I picked field level seats at a higher price. Instead of the tickets I paid for I received tickets valued at 49.50 each. After hours on video chat I was told the fine print doesn’t guarantee the exact seat but it’s comparable. My seats couldn’t be further from field level unless they were in a different stadium.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I purchased tickets for a Florida Georgia Line concert on 7/11 through Vivid Seats. When I arrived at the concert, I was told by security that the concert was to be rescheduled due to the down pouring weather. I drove an hour home, woke up the next morning to find out that the concert did indeed happen! Three hours late! Vivid Seats won't give me a refund at all. My ticket wasn't even scanned or used. $100 down the drain, all because of miscommunication. So disappointed. My friends used StubHub and got refunds/credits to their accounts. USE STUBHUB.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Like other ticket broker services, you expect to pay more than face value for tickets purchased from Vivid Seats. You accept it. But when you give them your money, you expect to actually receive the tickets you are paying for. In our case, this did not happen. Including the Vivid Seats fees, we paid $250 for tickets to see a show at a casino in Atlantic City. We received the email that said the tickets were transferred to us, and accepted the transfer by clicking the link. This is where the trouble began. The tickets never showed up. Vivid Seats support just says "well, you accepted the transfer, so we can't punish the seller". I wasn't asking them to punish the seller. I just wanted the tickets.

After literally hours on the phone on the day of the event, and reaching the point where we had missed the show, we gave up on seeing it and accepted that they would do their internal investigation as to what went wrong and give us our money back. This was not to be. We did everything we were asked to do, including sending them screenshots of both my wife's and my Ticketmaster accounts showing that there were no tickets transferred to us. What Vivid Seats offered us was to refund the ticket fees of $56 - in the form of a store credit. The person I spoke with would not even let me talk to her supervisor.

A few days later on a weekday, I called back, hoping that I could get someone else at a higher level to discuss this with. I got another "senior service agent" who put me on hold for 10 minutes then came back and told me that she was authorized to offer me $75 - again, in a store credit.... as if I'm going to give this company one more dime of my money. The bottom line? If you want to see a show, a game, or a concert, I advise you to go to a different service, or you very well could also lose your money. A scalper on the street would be better than these people - at least the scalper has the tickets in their hand to sell you, not some phantom on the internet. Vivid Seats is a terrible service that does not value their customers or care about their service.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I purchased tickets for an upcoming concert and had bad experience with the purchase and the allotment with the seating which was not available at the time of purchase. When I called customer service they have helpless and not even considerate, advised to see the tickets on some other website that can be found on google. They would not consider exchange. Very bad experience and would not recommend.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I bought a ticket off their website (on which the fee was 50+% of the asking price), and then needed to turn around and sell it as I couldn't go anymore. I went to sell it on the same platform and was informed that I couldn't sell it because it was a mobile ticket only. When I was connected to support they told me to google "sell tickets" and that I could probably figure out how to sell it somewhere else. Disgusting, predatory company. I don't know how anyone in good conscience could work there.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Bought 5 tickets to a concert ($75) each as shown on the site, great. Check-out price should have been $375. They show that price, and then in a SMALL click-through box (which I didn't even see), they show another price of $480. Why? They charge $100 service fee for NOTHING. I clicked through and did not see the fee (my fault -- but why hide it behind a small pop-up box). I immediately realize my error, customer service says nothing can be done. No help or nothing. The website seems VERY scammy. The fact that pricing is NOT up-front makes it feel like a cheap airline or car company. If you're going to charge service fees, fine, but DON'T put it in a pop-box box or underneath boxes which are never seen.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Accidentally listed mobile tickets as PDF for Rolling Stones concert I could no longer attend. Tickets sold same night that Stones postponed tour. Spent 2 days unable to reach VS to see what to do, as it seemed wrong to continue if the whole concert was now questionable. Strongly worded emails & answers in "help" made me accept sale even with issues that would buyer even want these due to indefinite postponement, plus I'd likely be able to attend delayed concert. Finally reached someone early the next week, was assured nothing would happen til concert was rescheduled but when we realized ticket delivery situation she would reach out to buyer to see if they'd accept other delivery method, if not she was to offer that I'd pay to get hard tickets mailed from Ticketmaster.

Surprised by email several weeks later -got penalized an exorbitant amount of $335 for listing wrong method that buyer wouldn't accept. Finally was able to reach someone again after a long delay and was told that they never knew about the other offer, nor would they consider lowering the penalty even though it was a so-called discretionary penalty and I had offered to relist the tickets with them to try to make it go away. I have since read so many instances of tickets being invalid through them. Why would they not do mobile ticket transfer from Ticketmaster, other than as they say, safeguarding their buyers' email addresses from sellers? Mobile transfer is the only safe way to go besides mailed hard stock tickets.

Original review: July 8, 2019

This company has the nerve to place guarantee for the their customers. Let me tell you this is very untrue. I will never do business with them again. I would not recommend anyone do business with them. Now that I have gotten right to the point here is my story. I purchased tickets on February 14, 2019 for a concert taking place on August 31, 2019. That is 6 months after purchase. My tickets were lost. This company will not replace them. They have stolen over $400 dollars from me. That is how I see it. I paid $400 dollars for something that I will not get. That is stealing. I warn you BE AWARE do not purchase from this company.

Original review: July 6, 2019

This was my first and last time buying from Vivid Seats. They blamed us for issues with shipping and refused to refund us our money after they were unable to reissue our tickets when we were promised it would be taken care of. The supervisor we were handed off to was incredibly rude and flat out told my fiancee that the only reason we received even a partial credit to my account was so I wouldn't write a bad review. Maybe not illegal, but incredibly poor business practice.

Original review: July 5, 2019

To whom it may concern: My name is ** and I purchased three Rolling Stones tickets on July 4, 2019. After receiving a confirmation email, I was emailed a cancellation notification. After speaking with a Vivid representative, it was revealed, that somebody at your office processed an unauthorized cancellation from someone other than myself. I did not receive in my email or by phone, any contact concerning this cancellation request. I did not authorize this request! Nobody confirmed it by email or phone - they just processed it. Wouldn’t you need to verify someone’s identity before cancellation?

Then when we tried to repurchase the tickets the gal stated that we needed to use another vendor!!! If anything Vivid should have used basic customer service skills and worked at finding a proper resolution, better seating etc. I am extremely unhappy with how this scenario was handled and I will never utilize or recommend purchasing any Vivid entertainment to anyone now or in the future.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I ordered 4 tickets to "Bring It! LIVE" with were $69 each, therefore my total should have been $276 but instead it was $356... I called to see what all the additional charges were and they said they charge $70 extra to just order from their website then a $10 delivery fee (even though I am receiving the tickets through e-mail). I will never order from them again. And on top of that their customer service is terrible.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I purchased tickets to a baseball game from Vivid Seats. Naturally, the game was cancelled 10 minutes after my purchase. I contact them for a refund as their policy states: "We are only able to issue refunds for events that are officially cancelled by the venue, team, or performer and not rescheduled". Vivid Seats would not abide by their policy as they say that the game "will be" rescheduled (though it hadn't yet so it isn't rescheduled).

Original review: June 30, 2019

Purchased seats 5 months in advance, week before musical was told seats were not available. Substitute tickets were in a different zone and far less desirable. Paid $900 per ticket, was sent $177 tickets, refund $193 per ticket. 2 of the seats were so far right, viewers could not see part of performance. Their agreement states they guarantee tickets in the zone if a substitution is made. NOT TRUE.

Original review: June 28, 2019

When I purchased tickets from they sent me to another ticket company who had the incorrect delivery method. Spent 3 hours trying to talk to a real person on the phone, but it only loops you back to prerecorded messages. I tried live chat after having to provide an annoying amount of info to even talk to someone on the chat. They were unable to help me and told me to go to the other company. Their help was essentially useless and complete waste of my three hours. Then I went to the other company, who said they were unable to help because I had not bought the tickets from them. A week away from concert and still no idea how I will receive my tickets: absolutely ridiculous. DO NOT USE VIVID SEATS.

Original review: June 27, 2019

If I could put 0 stars I would. My event was postponed to a date when I am out of state for and they refused to refund my money. Lame excuse they are the middle man. You sold me the tickets - you are responsible. I will never use this company again. They have a no refund no exchange policy. But really in this case I was made to pay for however changed the event. They really suck.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I ordered 2 tickets in January for a game on Saturday, June 29th. The delivery states they will be delivered June 28th. I purchased additional tickets to the same event in the same section from another site and received those over 2 months ago. It is now June 26 and I need to sell these tickets and can't because I still do not have them. I will NEVER EVER purchase from Vivid Seats again.

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs