2.04/5
Based on 56 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 21, 2018

56 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

I went to Vivid Seats website and purchase 4 tickets for Chayanne (Sep. 13 2018). I choose 57.00 each. So total 283. I thought that it was fair. I received the tickets and they are printed for 39.00 e/a plus 6.00 on fees. I call them to ask them why. The customer service do not let me talk. She told me it was not refund and she hang out me the phone. I will never going to buy tickets on this website at all. Sorry my English is not very good yet!

Original review: May 14, 2018

Best advice I can give you is to NEVER, EVER buy from or sell with this company. I am just about to start an open investigation with them and am discussing with two law firms on a class action against this company after I narrowed it down from five that were already interested. At least they will feel the wrath of the PR when it's in the news about their company, even if nothing comes of it.

I went to sell tickets on Vivid and when the buyer confirmed the tickets, I asked where to send them too for E-delivery and told them that the buyer has to turn them in for wristbands at the event (which everyone has to do). Seems like they saw a perfect opportunity to cancel the order because you need wristbands to get into the event (which you get from showing them your ticket).

All they did was charge me a large fee for the cancellation and said they can't issue refunds, even though they admitted to their own negligence and that I did nothing wrong. My credit card company is on this but I don't expect much, which is why I am working to get a class action going. I am sure I will be in touch with many of you in the near future.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I bought 2 tickets for James Taylor. The price was $52.00 each. They charged me $140.00. They do not display their fees anywhere just at check out. They do display very well if you want to add a insurance but they do not display the fee anywhere. They just charge more at check out. I went to their website to chat with them and John told me that they can't give me refund. If I knew about the fee I would have never bought these tickets. This is illegal. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Vivid Seats is Trash. I bought some tickets for the new Kevin Hart show coming to Houston in October, and with no previous knowledge of issues, they automatically cancelled my 6-ticket purchases saying they cannot serve customers with “recent transaction issues”... Humbly speaking, money is not an issue for me, so this was from left-field, not expected, and ridiculous I was not informed of an issue. This could have been a situation of identity theft, but as I said, no prior notice.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Purchased two tickets to Stagecoach and was told I was paying face value for the tickets. Just got the credit card statement and they added on a $179 service fee that was never discussed or disclosed anywhere on the website. This is the worst kind of service. It should be mandatory to show all fees and have them explained to you. Hidden fees in this day and age is disgusting. Wish I had read all the negative reviews on this company. They need to be investigated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: May 3, 2018

Your company should be absolutely ashamed to take money, send out a successful confirmation and then 2 days later say we're going to refund it because we found a review I had written online that was negative from a previous experience. Consumers are suppose to write about their experience, not suffer repercussions and be bullied online. Plus at your request I took the review down last year. Better Business Bureau does not agree with these tactics. Wonder if these artists know about your antics??

Original review: May 2, 2018

I purchased 4 tickets for Kevin Hart show in August, boy was I ripped off in fees after now looking at other tickets sellers. I thought I was getting a decent deal when the tickets were only $118 each and after all fees etc I paid $592. Lesson learned and just wanted to warn everyone else not to purchase tickets from Vivid Seats!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Made this account just to warn people away from Vivid. They tried to hit me with a 40$ (!!!) per ticket service fee AND - get this - an 8$ download fee to print your own tickets. Is this what we've come to? I found the EXACT same tickets on another site in twenty seconds without a single hidden fee. Seriously, same tickets, nearly 50 dollars less per ticket than Vivid. This isn't the 1980's when there was sort of an effort on Ticketmaster's part to facilitate ticket sales - Stubhub poisoned the well and now we're stuck dealing with greasy re-sellers and their nasty websites. I really wish box offices would assign a name to a ticket like airlines do with a no-transfer policy. So tired of events being sold out THE SECOND they go on sale compelling you to dive into the swamp of re-sellers. But I do it all the time, and have to say Vivid is one of the absolute worst.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I purchased 2 tickets to the Lightning/Bruin game yesterday through Vivid Seats. My credit card was immediately charged $309.58. I then received numerous emails from 3 different ticket companies asking to accept or decline the offer. I panicked and declined the tickets not knowing what was going on. I immediately called Vivid Seats and explained my situation and they said, "No problem we will contact the owner and have him send them again." Well, that never happened. I followed up with 3 more phone calls and they assured me that I would receive my tickets. Well the game came and went and I wound up with no tickets and no refund as they stated that all sales are final. Big rip off, no help, false promises. "DO NOT USE THEM".

Original review: April 28, 2018

I was purchasing tickets for an event on Friday. While doing so, I received a promotional email for $50 off that directed me back to what appeared to be the same page that I was reviewing. However, the date had changed. I purchased tickets, called immediately when I received the confirmation for the wrong date. Essentially was told, "Too bad -- all sales are final." I got spanked for more than $900. BEWARE. DECEPTIVE PRACTICES. Pure bait and switch scam.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Wanted to buy event tickets and went to Vivid Seats website. I found 4 tickets and ordered them on what they called the electronic ticket site. I received an email confirmation on 8 tickets which I declined understanding my order had not been fulfilled correctly. I purchased 4 other tickets and received an email and confirmed the order. All of this taking place within 48 hours of the event. The following morning I called Customer Service and after explaining my situation was quickly transferred to a manager. I was told they would contact the original seller who sent the wrong number of tickets about canceling the order and that they would assist in selling them. I asked to be contacted regarding their success. Of course none of that happened and all Vivid Seats says is all sales are final.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Bought 2 tickets to the Bruins Game 5 May 6th 2018... Tickets were $210.00 a piece. At check out I saw my total was $564.00. When they called to verify I ask why was I charged so much? Oh because there is an automatic $100.00 service fee they don't bother to tell you about nor is it anywhere on the website for you to read! So you're forced to pay $100.00 and you don't know it until you actually ask??? Um yeah. I will never recommend using these people!

Original review: April 24, 2018

I attempted to buy concert tickets from these people. I got all the way through the process and paid for the tickets. Shortly thereafter I receive an email from them saying that my order was cancelled as I had previously not satisfactorily paid or followed through with a previous order from them or another entity like them. I have no idea what they were talking about as I have never done this. I have now put Vivid Seats on my blacklist. I will never order from them again.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Went to attend the Kings vs Golden Knights hockey game and purchased 3 tickets from Vivid Seats. Received a confirmation email from Vivid tickets had been sent to my account and tediously downloaded another app, Flash Seats, to access the tickets. Was able to access the tickets early in the day before the event, however when I arrived to the event the tickets vanished from the Flash Seats app but I still had a receipt for the tickets from Vivid which Staples would not honor and told me to call them to get it worked out. I immediately called Vivid customer service and was passed around between several reps and put on hold for 5-10 mins each time before finally speaking to a "manager".

The manager wasn't able to explain the issues I was having with my tickets just that "there was an issue" with the tickets and they would have to investigate which would take 3-5 days... which was pretty inconvenient considering my event was happening in less than 5 mins from then. They did not offer any apologies or immediate resolution and seemed offended at my asking them to provide one as the event I was going to turned into a nightmare instead of a pleasant time out. Was forced to go buy other tickets from the StubHub booth outside Staples due to the horrendous service from Vivid. Would never use their terrible app or service again after this and am going to contact my bank for a refund if they do not immediately provide one for me.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I will never purchase tickets with Vivid Seats. I purchased 2 tickets to Lady Gaga over 700.00. I was informed by email that I had to meet at a specific location for these tickets thinking Vivid is a big company and they do this all the time that the location was at a hotel lobby. Never said, "Call when you get there" or "I'll be meeting you from my car." Nothing like that. We were to meet between 4:30 and 7:30. We arrived at approximately 5:00 pm and my husband went into hotel to ask where we should go to get our tickets and they said they have nothing to do with Vivid Seats so then he asked the Bell Hop man and he said any tickets are usually at Will Call inside the building. We parked our car and sat across the street waiting for the doors of the arena to open.

They were to open at 6:30 pm and they were late opening up at 7:00 so I got nervous thinking we only had till 7:30 to get into the place to get a tickets. My husband got a message to call the number. That they were going to try to expedite getting us our tickets. He called the number and a lady answered and said our tickets were inside at will call and everything will be fine even if we don't get in the place before 7:30. We got in and went to will call and no tickets and they have nothing to do with Vivid Seating.

My husband and I both got on the phone with the ticket sales people. The gentleman that I was on the phone with told me to go back to the hotel and ask them if anyone left anything for me at the front counter and there was nothing and he said he will do what he can to get the tickets printed out at. Maybe the hotel could print me out my tickets. He put me on with the manager and said, "Go back to will call and just give them your last name." So I ran back to the arena and did that and they had no tickets. We were in the lobby and the concert started and the will counter was closing and no one would help.

Vivid Seats says they sold these tickets to an off market guy that he then sells them and there is nothing they can do. I said I bought the tickets and I have my email stating I purchased floor tickets and you can't send them over the phone with today's technology - you can send anything over the phone and I truly believe it was a scam and Vivid did NOTHING. No refund, no voucher for future use, no apology but that they couldn't do anything. Well that is not a good company to purchase from if they won't help you in any way. They were rude and said there is nothing we can do. They said we missed our time meeting the guy. I said, "How. Our window was 4:30 - 7:30 and we arrived at 5:00 at the correct location. Where was the guy. Hiding behind a pole?"

Then we spoke with someone at 7:00 because we were worried about getting our tickets as the window time frame closed and was told, "No your tickets will be inside don't worry," so when I am told that by a reputable company or who I thought was a reputable company I thought I was being told the truth. They should have went after the guy they sold those tickets to and somehow gave me my tickets by or through email. I'm sure they didn't have to pay top dollar for their tickets so why not stand behind your company and forward me 2 tickets and let them go after whomever this man was that supposedly sold tickets through VIVID Seats.

I sat in the lobby and cried while I listened to her sing all my favorite songs. To me this man did not represent Vivid Seats in any good way and I will NEVER purchase my tickets through them again and I told all my friends and family and Facebook DO NOT BUY FROM VIVID SEATS, not a reputable company. Then after 7:30 the number they gave us was no longer in service but he NEVER answered our call anyway only an agent at 866-848-8499 and she was a lady that said our tickets were inside at will call.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased tickets to a concert back in December for a 3:00 show and was in a little bit of a rush to do so. Not realizing instead of purchasing 2 tickets, I accidentally purchased 4 by mistake. Realizing this, I immediately called Vivid Seats and explained the situation. Their response to me was, "All sales are final. No refunds." I asked to speak to a manager and again explained the situation, to no prevail. I then contacted my credit card company and explained the situation to them as well, and they immediately disputed the charge for me. Then found out after a few months I had to pay the charge for the 2 extra tickets, that were never used and there was plenty of extra seats not filled at the concert. That's the price you pay for making a mistake. After this experience I will never use Vivid Seats again, and I strongly recommend you buy tickets from a reputable source.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I bought tickets from Vividseats.com for a concert in another state. When we arrived at the concert we were told our tickets were sold to someone else so we were unable to see the concert. FRAUDULENT!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I ordered tickets for a two day event from two different sellers 5 weeks prior to the event. I was given an expected ship date. The seller was able to change the expected date a date before the tickets were supposed to ship. I was given a new delivery date and upgraded to overnight shipping. I received word on the expected delivery date that they would be delayed another day. All Vivid would do was defend themselves and the seller. When all sales are final you have zero recourse.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Purchased tickets (Pink at MSG) in section 227 which is just off center stage. Received tickets in section 212 on side of the stage. The answer they gave was they upgraded me because now I would be sitting closer to the stage. And the fees are ridiculous. Such crap. I will never use them again. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I ordered seats to surprise my boyfriend for April 26. I double checked and make sure I was ordering right tickets. I put my payment info and clicked continue. When it confirmed my purchase it said it was for Apr 25 not Apr 26. I now have tickets that I cannot use and lost almost $200 'cause they said they cannot change them. It was not my fault. I am even sketchy about selling them on there 'cause they want my credit card info to sell them. NO WAY will I use this company again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I tried ordering 3 tickets to the AMA Supercross race. It never came. Asked me to confirm what I was ordering before I put my credit card info in. Next thing I know I get an email stating I ordered 4 tickets instead of 3 in a section not anywhere close to where I wanted to sit. Of course the tickets they gave me were more expensive. When I looked again I didn't see the tickets I supposedly ordered. When I looked at that section the tickets were less than half of what they charged me for them. They insist this is my fault. Why would I pay more than double for seats. They have some scam going on here. I would never use them again.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I ordered Reds Opening Day tickets for 600.00. The game was changed for unknown reason to another day that I could not make. Vivid Seats gave many different reasons why they would not refund either a credit, refund payment, or give a different game. The tickets do NOT say they are not refundable, but I was told I should have gone to the website to read their policies. It doesn't say to go to the website. Apparently I should "have just done that" before I ordered them.

I actually was ordering from the actual Red's box office but somehow ended up on their site. I spoke to three different customer service people, asked to speak to a supervisor, was told they don't have any on duty and it would be up to 24 hours. I was told I could sell the tickets and they would assess charges for selling them. They were extremely rude, kept saying the same things over and over for an hour. I had to interrupt to be able to speak. In short, they did NOT deliver what I ordered. I did find some wording on rainchecks but the print is unreadable due to size.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I ordered tickets to the NCAA tournament - Paid a little over $550. Event was scheduled for Sunday 3/25/18. I was contacted by Vivid Seats explaining there was a problem with my order due to the fact that UPS does not offer Sat delivery in my area. They changed the shipping address to a UPS drop off center. The seller shipped the tix and delivery was refused at the UPS drop off point due to the fact that the drop off center does not just accept random deliveries to people and you must be enrolled in a special program. You would think Vivid Seats would be aware of the problem. Vivid Seats contacted me to ensured my tickets were now available for pick up. Went to the UPS drop off center - they were NOT there.

Same issue which I had already emailed them about. Finally spoke with supervisor and she stated they would contact the seller and attempt to have tickets reissued. Never received a phone call back or communication until Saturday when the time of the event was changed earlier. Advised the manager, that I would NOT arrange flights to Boston until my tix were in hand - considering what I was going through at home vs some other city in trying to receiving tix. It appears they don't know what they are doing! Why did their person confirm on Friday my tix were available for pickup and sent me on a wild goose chase even after explaining I had a UPS delivery confirmation showing there was a problem with the delivery? My conversation: "Are you sure my tickets are there?" Chole "Yes I am sure your tickets are there." Time is money! Took off work - no tickets. Still no tickets but too late.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Beware of the ticket fees on this site. They are buried off to the side while you are creating an account, and look like an ad. There is no reconfirmation of the price or total to authorize before you hit buy. I tried to call customer service, but no help there. They walked me through the process, and showed me what I had missed, and it is my fault for not seeing it, but not obvious at all. Bad enough to pay mark ups on the tickets, but $70 in fees on $220 worth of tickets is crazy.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Throughout the order process the tix I was purchasing were listed as ATL United vs NYC FC on 4/15. I was purchasing these tix as a surprise for my husband's birthday and planned to take family & friends to tailgate, celebrate his birthday and watch the game. The confirmation email I received stated that my tix would arrive on 5/7. Due to ticket arrival after date of game, I was prompted to look again at the tix I purchased. That's when I learned that at some point the tickets I thought I was purchasing switched to a different game.

I immediately contacted Customer Service which involved 45 min or more of automated answers, etc and then I was finally directed to a live person. That person forwarded me to a manager and the manager was inflexible and unwilling to resolve the problem. I asked her to exchange the tix for the game I thought I was purchasing tix to see. She informed me that the policy of Vivid Seats is NO RETURNS/NO EXCHANGES. Her answer was for me to resell the tickets that were fraudulently sold to me and attempt to purchase the tickets I initially hoped to buy. She said I would have to pay all the service fees of buying/reselling the tix. This is not an option, as I do not have any trust that the same thing won't occur again.

After several hours of dealing with this circus, I searched several reviews and found that this is common practice for Vivid Seats and they have a history of switching events, ticket prices, number of tix purchased, etc quite frequently. This company claims 100% BUYER SATISFACTION on their website. Well... I am a very dissatisfied customer and plan to post this review on all of my social media.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Went to Cactus League and referred to their site. Checked on tickets for game Cleveland vs Diamondbacks. Looked like there were few alternatives and limited sections where seats were available. When I went to make a purchase they told me those seats were gone. None left at that rate move up to $32 seats and made purchase. When I paid by credit card bill came back at $255 for 6 tickets rather than $192. Called them after making the transaction to complain and asked for cancellation. They refused saying their policy as indicated was no refunds. Since then I went to the MLB site and there appears to be no shortage of tickets.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Not only do they sneak horrible fees in and make it seem like "electronic transfer" is an immediate ticket. **It's not.** I won't get my tickets until 2 days before the event (making it pretty impossible get my friends to buy the other 3 tickets from me since I don't actually have tickets). They will sell you seats that don't exist!!! Just told a friend where I'm sitting and guess what? That section doesn't have a row 30!!! It only goes to 28!!! 1st time on this site and NEVER GOING TO BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. I wish someone had warned me!!! I'm warning you!!! Impossible to refund!?! What did I buy?! And now cannot get a human being in the phone!

Original review: March 20, 2018

Vivid Seats sold me 4 tickets to my family for 3/14/18 basketball game at Oracle Arena. Immediately called them to confirm the event and seats, however they then advised they are STANDING ONLY tickets they sold me. BEWARE of this deceptive company, they falsely advertise and lure the public to purchase seats to a basketball event. I asked to pay more to get SEATS for my family, I cannot have my nephews standing for HOURS at a basketball game, they declined. They would not switch out my tickets even when I offered to pay more. DO NOT GO TO THIS WEBSITE. Now that I have shared this HORRIBLE experience with friends and family, I have now found this happens often. I am still disputing this charge of more than $1,000 with my Credit Company.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I went to vividseats.com and booked AUGUST 9/2018 concert tickets for PORTLAND OREGON for Hall and Oates. I paid for them and when my receipt came through minutes later it said my tickets were for a May 4/20187 concert in SAN JOSE California! I did NOT book a May 4 concert and that particular concert date is 2 web pages away from the August 9 date so you can't even click on it by accident. They don't care and would do nothing even though I called them 3 minutes later. It's their system mistake and I will be spreading the word about them far and wide.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My son and I made the mistake of buying tickets on this site rather than shopping around as we were trying to hurry in order to not get caught purchasing them as a surprise for my husband’s birthday. The tickets were DOUBLE that from Ticketmaster. No refunds. No exchanges. Sites like this should be illegal. If you are inexperienced with buying tickets... they will RIP you off. Terrible. Beware! They have no conscience.

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs