1.74/5
Based on 80 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

80 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

My girlfriend and I bought tickets on March 21st, 2018 for Dave Matthews Band's Toronto performance on July 10th (almost 4 months in advance), which was my dream concert for more than a decade, so I bought tickets by paying $446.46 to be able to see them close from in front of the stage. Our excitement lasted until they scanned our ticket at the day of the concert. The tickets were scam. I spent about an hour on the phone to be able to get a customer representative (dropped from line twice meanwhile) and in the end they sent me a ticket which was far from the stage and when we were in the arena Dave Matthews Band was already playing their songs for about an hour.

A huge frustration and disappointment, I cannot explain by words. They sent me a Denial of Access form to fill next day and when I clicked the link I found out that the link was valid for 3 days only. I'm still having back and forth with them to chase for my payment, just spent 28 minutes by chatting with them (saved the transcript) just to find out that a member from their management team will contact me within 24 to 48 hours (same thing they advised me on the day of concert after I found out the scam). I will not give up and will be chasing them for a resolution. I'll write here again when/if Vivid Seats contact me again. * Copy of the scam is attached to this review.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I purchase WWE tickets through Vivid Seats. On their website it did not state the event name only that the tickets were WWE so I purchased them for my sister birthday present because she loves wrestling. But came to find out that they weren't raw or smackdown but nxt ticket. So I called Vivid seats to ask about getting an exchange but they stated they don't refund or do exchanges. Lol. I paid over 400.00 for these tickets. But they didn't care. They basically told me to scalp my tickets. I thought scalping was illegal!!! And would I even get the same amount, WTF. I will NEVER order from VIVID SEATS AGAIN... THEY DON'T DO REFUNDS OR EVEN EXCHANGES.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 12, 2018

I purchased tickets for a concert through Vivid Seats. Without asking, they switched my seats to a less desirable location in the venue. They would not exchange or refund the changed purchase. I spoke with a senior manager and she said she could not help me. I purchased price of two tickets was $267 each 3 month before the event, and now the price is $150 each!! They offer no refund no exchange!! Please purchase your ticket from somewhere else!!

Original review: July 11, 2018

My wife purchased two tickets to a major league baseball game for me as a Father's Day Gift. The original purchased price of the tickets was $50 each or a total of $100. My wife unfortunately purchased the tickets through Vivid Seats and not directly with the team/stadium. Instead of paying $100 for the tickets, she paid $171.92 or an additional $71.92.

Vivid's explanation for the increase is that they are a secondary ticket selling marketplace. That they sell the tickets at current market value and not the original selling price. So they sold the tickets at $67 each, not the original selling price of $50 and then they added two additional fees to reach the additional $71.92. Please do not make the same mistake my wife did. Please do not ever buy anything from Vivid Seats. In my opinion you are paying way too much. I would recommend you buy your tickets directly and not from what they describe as an "secondary ticket selling marketplace."

Original review: July 6, 2018

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: July 5, 2018

VIVID SEATS hereinafter called here as "seller", didn't delivered to me, product that advertised. Seller is deemed as scam or fraudulent because didn't honor the electronic business transaction offered. When me and my wife arrived to the HOLLYWOOD BOWL, I just stood as a fool there because I couldn't pick up nothing. I spent time, money, gas, effort, trust to arrive the place, and nothing appear under a "supposed order number **". I contact repeatedly the seller until 8:30pm. The event started at 7:30pm, and the representative only told me that they can not honor the ticket because it was reselled to a third party who will request my ID. WHEN I showed my ID, NOTHING APPEARED under my order number or ID. I miss the half of the concert at the Hollywood Bowl, and I had to rebuy another tickets SO MUCH EXPENSIVE with a reseller... Complete scam and fraud!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I'm so frustrated with Vivid Seats. I purchased tickets for my family of 5 to attend our 3 children's 1st concert make in March. The concert was June 27th. I called on June 26th because I hadn't gotten the tickets yet and you said, don't worry, the "company" has until 24 hours prior to send you your tickets. You'll get them. Then I saw the next morning I still didn't have them. So I spent another significant amount of time and called again, this time they said the "company" releasing the seats didn't open till 9. They would call me back by 9:30 once they open to find out where my tickets were. I waited till 9:45 then called again because I didn't get a call back as promised.

After another long wait, they said my tickets were not available. WHAT!!! And there was no way for my family of 5 to sit together. You gave me a $200 credit and sent me to sales. I paid $572 for 5 seats so I got that money back but now you said the lawn seats were over $600. Way worse seats at an even higher price. My kids were so excited to go to their first concert I couldn't say no so I purchased the tickets for $632, owing $432 with the credit you gave me. Come to find out when we got there, lawn seats were still available and only $48 per ticket. Are you kidding me! SO I spend an extra $192. You owe me $192 Vivid Seats!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I purchases 2 tickets to Sam Smith in Boston for 6/26/18 back in December of 2017. This was a Christmas/Birthday present for my son. As the date approached we never received the paper tickets in the mail. After a few calls they sent an digital replacement via smartphone. When my son and his guest arrived at the event they were denied access. After a few more calls they were allowed in and got to their seats. During the show two other parties showed up with the actual printed tickets. My son was forced to move to another row behind what I paid for. He spent a portion of the show on the phone with Vivid trying to resolve this. This company shouldn't be allowed to operate in this business and I'm going to demand my money back!

Original review: June 23, 2018

Stay away! Vivid Seats is highly deceptive. I bought two tickets for an event at the Santa Fe Opera and the site told me the price was $160 per ticket. I pushed the "buy" button and was told the price was $420, not $320. They then asked for my satisfaction in the transaction and when I rated it "very dissatisfied" they said they would contact me to find out why. They did not. I canceled the charge with my credit card. This company should be banned from the internet.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I do not recommend using vivid seats. They don’t care about their customers and just want your money...not to mention the outstanding fees they apply. Not going to go into great detail. They are not trustworthy and hide behind technicalities instead of honesty. Just wish I would’ve read all of the reviews on this site before I tried. Live and learn. Honestly, don’t use these guys.

Original review: June 21, 2018

UPS attempted to deliver the tickets three days prior to the event. They sent it back to the shipping hub. I requested that UPS send it to the nearest UPS store. Someone at the store signed for the tickets, but the envelope was lost. The tracking number showed delivered. I kept hounding UPS to sort it out. Vivid tickets will not refund or do any sort of compensation since the tracking on the UPS website says delivered. I will never use them again. I had to buy my tickets from Ticketmaster so my girlfriend and I would not miss the concert.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My daughter bought concert tickets in May from this site only to know right afterwards that Vivid Seats didn't even have the tickets yet, of course my credit card was charged right away and I was told tickets could be delivered as late as one day before the concert. The problem is, we live in Ohio and the concert is in LA, in September. This is fraud, stay away from Vivid Seats.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This company is selling tickets that do not exist. the seller did not own the tickets when they sell them. We purchased 2 international soccer game tickets more than 3 months ahead and tried to secure the tickets because they advertised that they are the official resell company. We chose the "E-mail Delivery" because we want to get the tickets right away. AFTER placed the order, I received the email stating that the tickets will not be delivered until 3 days before the game!!!

Unfortunately, The official organization posted an announcement on next day (must because a lot of people were asking and buying fraud tickets). "Anyone and/or any website selling the tickets now are fraud. The organization has not released any tickets yet. In a lot of states, that is fraud of conduct". I immediately contacted the customer service, and of course, no refund. The agent even said I can resell the tickets. (BUT HOW? THE TICKETS ARE NOT EXIST!!!). I am so curious why this kind of company exist. It is obviously a scam. Please do not buy anything from this website. THEY ARE SELLING AIR, FRAUD!

Original review: June 16, 2018

Please do not use this company. I was sincerely disappointed that there are going to be zero accommodations for an issue I had in receiving my concert tickets that were $116. I will never be using Vivid Seats service again. This is a scam company. They shouldn't make their customers jump through hoops to get their tickets. I was directed to download three different apps (Vivid Seats, AXS, and Flash Seats) in order to get tickets which didn't even work at the door to the venue. The barcode I received through the AXS app ended up being bad tickets because they said the tickets were a picture. Then as I tried to reach Flash Seats to obtain them, the app wouldn't even let me log into my existing account, or create a new ID. This shouldn't be a confusing process and it's poor customer service to say it was my fault for not setting it up properly.

I spoke with customer service for an hour and we finally came to a conclusion that I would be receiving a denial of access form where I could prove my case with screenshots and photos of the bad tickets and my inability to log onto Flash Seats. They agreed that I should have never received anything from AXS and that was unusual to them. They never sent the form and never followed up with me until I emailed them and had to find out 2 weeks later that they would not be accommodating me in any way. They didn't even give me a chance to submit the form. They literally do not care about their customers. You are way better off purchasing tickets directly from the venue.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Did not research this company. Should have done so. But just trying to purchase tickets for family. Purchased tickets over the phone for 2 tickets to Anita Baker concert at Ravinia 6/10/2018. Was informed there were lawn seats available. Requested two tickets. Price was 156.37... first robbery!!! Normally they are 38.00 with 3-6 dollar convenience charge. I was informed over the phone I could pick them up at the venue, and would receive an email as to the exact location where to pick them up. By the time we arrived at the venue I received word, my family could not make it in... disappointing, but could not be helped. I was also informed when I initially purchased the tickets I could receive a refund, if the tickets were not retrieved by the start of the show.

That's why I did not feel so bad when I purchased them. I thought to myself that's a good deal all around. When I called to receive the credit, because my family could not make it, I was then told all sales were final and no refunds. 2nd robbery and lie!!! I called again today and when I told them I ordered via telephone... they said all ticket agents must disclose all to you on the phone, we reviewed the call and no refund at this time. Buffoonery!! I will be calling my credit card company to dispute this charge. Do not used VIVID seats. Even if you want your family to attend. Never again.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Stay as far away from this unethical business as possible. They charge $60 service fee per ticket but you are unable to find that cost until after you purchase. They also will not refund for any reason. So many other reputable ticket agencies out there. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews about Vivid Seats before my ticket purchase. I purchased 2 tickets for a Doobie Bros concert in Missoula Montana for over $400 and was assigned seats, which did not exist, and found when I arrived at the event it was General Admission and the seats actually cost $67. I called Vivid Seats and they would not refund me the extremely high price I paid for tickets compared to the actual cost of tickets. DO NOT buy from Vivid Seats, you will save yourself some anger. I have purchased tickets online many times from other ticket outlets and never had any trouble until I tried Vivid Seats.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We bought 3 lower level tickets to the NBA finals. We arranged flights, hotel, travel, etc. We got to the game and the ticket office said our tickets were not valid for entrance and they had already been used. How can a company sell tickets that will not let us enter the game. We called Vivid Seats about this right away and was on hold for over 45 minutes waiting for a manager. We finally hung up the phone so we could see some of the game. I would never recommend using this company ever.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I recently purchased tickets from Vivid Seats for the Soul2Soul, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw Concert in Eugene, OR. I purchased tickets thru Vividseats for $127.00 each. I was interested in purchasing more and found out the price for the same exact ticket is $47.00. I contacted Vividseats and there is nothing they can do. I will never purchase tickets thru Vividseats again. I feel they are participating in scalping which should be illegal.

Original review: June 3, 2018

This whole venue is practically empty. I was promised best seat. I got seat 30, all the way at the end. They don't tell you what seat prior to buying it. They tack on extra fees as well. Horrible experience. I will dispute with my credit card company.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I purchased 1 ticket for an event from Vivid Seats which was confirmed on the final checkout page for $28 - I was then charged $38.98 through paypal. I contacted Vivid Seats and they asserted that I was made aware of the extra fees on the checkout page - but I am 100% sure that I was not. The show is not sold out and I checked the primary reseller before checking out - tickets were available there for the same price - but since I had already begun checkout process I stupidly went with Vivid Seats. I wish I hadn't.

Vivid seats business model is unscrupulous at best. They pay event calendar sites to redirect to their page instead of the authorized seller for the venue. Then they just purchase a ticket from the authorized seller and resell it to you and hit you with fees. I understand that they need to charge fees to make money - but in my case they added the fees after I checked out - not sure how it happened and would like to think it was an honest mistake or server error - but when I called they were extremely rude and would only offer to relist my tickets on their marketplace. The fact that they wouldn't cancel my order 2 minutes after it was placed over a matter of $12 should tell you all you need to know about this company. They are a scam - avoid them at all costs.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Always went through the big fellows before, but thought I'd try VIVID SEATS. Price didn't seem bad for an Elvis Costello concert coupled with Willie Nelson. Arrived at the venue, entered, and only then learned that Elvis Costello had stepped away from the engagement nearly a month BEFORE we had ordered our tickets (yet VIVID SEATS did not remove his name from the bill). To top all off, sat through the entire event waiting for Willie Nelson to only take the stage and angrily throw his hat into the crowd, then leave without performing. Neither Costello nor Nelson performed, and VIVID SEATS refused to refund our money, nor did they offer anything, even minimal, as concession. I wish I had read the reviews concerning VIVID SEATS on Consumer Affairs, before laying out so much money for worthless tickets/customer service. Two adages: "Buyer Beware" and "Live and Learn".

Original review: May 28, 2018

My daughter bought 2 tickets for Bon Jovi for my birthday, paid a total of 267$, even paid for the express UPS delivery. The tickets were then delivered by email and when we received them they are marked for 44.25$ each. We contacted Vivid Seats and they refunded the extra UPS delivery charge but that's it. So including fees we were charged about 170$ over the value of the tickets. Will never buy from that site again!

Original review: May 27, 2018

I bought tickets on this site which were priced at $90 each. I bought 4 tickets and paid $471 for the tickets plus taxes and admin. When I received the tickets they were priced at $50 each. This means the tickets were close to double before taxes and admin costs. I called to inquire why there is such a discrepancy. The lady said the tickets are not refundable but I can put them back on their site for resale. Maybe in the meantime I can purchase cheaper tickets. This is disappointing and the customer service is very unhelpful. Will never buy from here and will never recommend this site to anyone.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I went to Vivid Seats website and purchase 4 tickets for Chayanne (Sep. 13 2018). I choose 57.00 each. So total 283. I thought that it was fair. I received the tickets and they are printed for 39.00 e/a plus 6.00 on fees. I call them to ask them why. The customer service do not let me talk. She told me it was not refund and she hang out me the phone. I will never going to buy tickets on this website at all. Sorry my English is not very good yet!

Original review: May 14, 2018

Best advice I can give you is to NEVER, EVER buy from or sell with this company. I am just about to start an open investigation with them and am discussing with two law firms on a class action against this company after I narrowed it down from five that were already interested. At least they will feel the wrath of the PR when it's in the news about their company, even if nothing comes of it.

I went to sell tickets on Vivid and when the buyer confirmed the tickets, I asked where to send them too for E-delivery and told them that the buyer has to turn them in for wristbands at the event (which everyone has to do). Seems like they saw a perfect opportunity to cancel the order because you need wristbands to get into the event (which you get from showing them your ticket).

All they did was charge me a large fee for the cancellation and said they can't issue refunds, even though they admitted to their own negligence and that I did nothing wrong. My credit card company is on this but I don't expect much, which is why I am working to get a class action going. I am sure I will be in touch with many of you in the near future.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I bought 2 tickets for James Taylor. The price was $52.00 each. They charged me $140.00. They do not display their fees anywhere just at check out. They do display very well if you want to add a insurance but they do not display the fee anywhere. They just charge more at check out. I went to their website to chat with them and John told me that they can't give me refund. If I knew about the fee I would have never bought these tickets. This is illegal. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Vivid Seats is Trash. I bought some tickets for the new Kevin Hart show coming to Houston in October, and with no previous knowledge of issues, they automatically cancelled my 6-ticket purchases saying they cannot serve customers with “recent transaction issues”... Humbly speaking, money is not an issue for me, so this was from left-field, not expected, and ridiculous I was not informed of an issue. This could have been a situation of identity theft, but as I said, no prior notice.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Purchased two tickets to Stagecoach and was told I was paying face value for the tickets. Just got the credit card statement and they added on a $179 service fee that was never discussed or disclosed anywhere on the website. This is the worst kind of service. It should be mandatory to show all fees and have them explained to you. Hidden fees in this day and age is disgusting. Wish I had read all the negative reviews on this company. They need to be investigated.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Your company should be absolutely ashamed to take money, send out a successful confirmation and then 2 days later say we're going to refund it because we found a review I had written online that was negative from a previous experience. Consumers are suppose to write about their experience, not suffer repercussions and be bullied online. Plus at your request I took the review down last year. Better Business Bureau does not agree with these tactics. Wonder if these artists know about your antics??

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs