1.42/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

164 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I will NEVER buy from Vivid again - bought tickets in July and 2 days before the concert this Friday they canceled my order/ticket. They said the seller couldn't provide - that is A JOKE!!! So will they tell my daughter that she has no ticket for a concert that she has been looking forward to for over 5 months??? Then when you try to call you cannot get in touch with a person. They just send you through various menus then disconnect you. I am furious with this company. And will do my best to tell everyone NOT to do business with them EVER. AWFUL.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Shipped Parking Pass to wrong address and won’t reimburse me. Went back and forth with customer service for 5 days and still got no satisfaction. They delivered to Staten Island NY when they were supposed to deliver to Del Ray Florida. They were told from the start I needed in my possession by end of day Thursday. Said they would send to Florida but it arrived in NY on Friday after I had already left for Florida. They are refusing to reimburse me for the additional shipping costs incurred and for the time I spent trying to resolve this over a 5 day period.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. Bought tickets from this site, and when I went to resell them, they do not support listing the ticket format that they provided to me upon purchase. Who in the world does that? I mean, this is a first in my lifetime. And YOU WILL NOT GET ANY ASSISTANCE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. This place is a sham. I am honestly afraid to use or sell the tickets I have purchased from them... I doubt they are real after reading all of the other reviews here.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Purchased NHL ticket, the event is tomorrow. Still not received the tickets and customer service cannot help, they make you wait on hold several hours and nothing happens. This site is not serious. No tickets, no refund.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Would give zero stars if I could. I don’t understand how they’re still in business. My husband bought tickets for my daughter for a 21 Pilots concert in Dallas on 11.07, only to discover that the seats had already been sold, so he was basically holding bogus tickets. The employees of the American Airlines Center said this happens all the time with Vivid and there was nothing they could do to help. After waiting on hold for an hour, my husband reached a Vivid employee by phone, who seemed under the influence of something and proceeded to put him back on hold and then hung up. We are disputing this charge with the credit company but don’t understand why they haven’t been brought up on some kind of fraud charges.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Looking for low cost tickets to a college non-conference basketball game for a team my son was interested in for 5 people. Purchased some for $9 each, and with fees and finance charges, they ended up being about $14 each. This was still less or comparable to other ticket sites. But it seems shady to not be upfront with these fees/additional expenses.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We purchased 4 tickets on the Vivid Seats website. There was a glitch when ordering and my wife got a notice that the tickets did not go through. She then retried to purchase 4 tickets. Later she saw her credit card statement and was charged for 8 tickets. Later the concert was rescheduled, but the tickets cannot be resold. Basically we lost over $1,200.00 on 8 tickets for a concert that we cannot even go to. And of course talking to Vivid Seats is a total waste of time as the fine-print on their website absolves them of any issues. Please note these guys are just glorified ticket scalpers that are out to make a quick buck and pass issues on to others. Avoid at all cost!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My child got a hold of my card, totally unauthorized purchase. I didn’t even know it had happened until I received an email about the tickets. I immediately looked at my bank statement and called Vivid Seats to cancel the transaction. They refused. I called my bank who filed a dispute... and now I wait. The transaction is still pending. I had never heard of this company, but a $685 charge is a big deal and they were 100% unhelpful.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Please check Ticketmaster or any other ticket website before purchasing from here. I guarantee you will find cheaper prices for the exact same tickets! They will not refund a penny if you purchase from them and find them cheaper afterwards.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

2 tickets for Ariana Grande in CT... Listed at $330 a piece. Christmas gift for my daughter so although a little steep I was ok with the price. Purchased the tickets and was charged $850.92! $7.50 to email them to me and the rest in service charges. Give me an ** break. I should’ve known that something was up when the fees weren’t disclosed beforehand. But damn! How are they legally allowed to get away with this? Of course, no refunds period. I’m so disappointed. I hope no one else falls for their scam. Buyers please beware.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I purchased 11 tickets for a NFL game for my family. 2 days before event, they had still not arrived. I contacted customer service who was no help at all. I started live chats and got no response. I called the customer service line and after painfully long hold times, and communication challenges with the agents, they could do nothing... said they would contact the seller to further investigate, but could not guarantee the tickets coming at all, let alone on time. They also refused to refund my money if I didn't receive the tickets on time either. I spoke with a supervisor, who was also useless. Worst experience ever for ticket purchase. Do not trust this site and never buy from them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I bought 2 SJ Sharks hockey tickets which specifically said I would receive a "transfer notification email". I did receive a confusing ad-like email "this email is not your ticket, the tickets are almost yours, click accept tickets to seal the deal". I never did since I had already purchased them but was just waiting for the transfer email. Weeks went by without notice, and now 2 days before event, no tickets. Rep said I was sent email weeks ago but nothing. Very poor method to deliver product. The last time I ordered ticket was with StubHub, and 1-2-3, I got them in a jiffy, confirmed the same day.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I paid $800 for 3 tickets to Ed Sheeran, and Vivid Seats claimed that I had already received and verified the tickets through my email, but I never received them. When confronted numerous times to get the issue resolved, they kept saying they would "investigate" the situation, and told us that we would not be able to get the tickets before the show. I will NEVER buy from them again. Complete and utter scam even though they promise a 100 % guarantee. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Vivid Seats charges a 30% service fee to buyers PLUS a shipping fee (Even when your tickets are delivered electronically). Plus they charge the seller a fee. No other ticket reselling site has fees that high. Should've used StubHub or Ticketmaster. Will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I bought 4 tickets to a hockey game through the Vivid Seats app the day before the game. I received an email shortly after stating that my tickets will be transferred to me electronically and that I had to accept them. After a few hours go by I still did not receive my tickets to the game. I tried contacting Vivid Seats through the phone number that was provided in the app but got nothing but automated responses. I then tried using the "Chat Now" feature through the app and the same thing, automated responses. I then tried sending them an email through the app and was told someone would be contacting me shortly.

It's the morning of the game and still no tickets and no responses. I tried once again using the number that was provided through the app and I was no able to get in contact with a person after about an hour of trying. I was away on a trip and didn't have any time to deal with this so out of frustration I decided to purchase tickets from another ticket vendor (This vendor was a way better experience!).

The next day after the game, I was finally able to find a number where I was able to talk with a real person. I explained what had happened and was told they were going to do a investigation. I get a call a few days later from a customer service representative saying that they could not refund me the $400 because they claim the tickets were sent to me via email.

NEVER again will I use Vivid Seats. They are straight up crooks and stole money from me. I've never had an experience as bad as this one! It's funny how on their site they claim "100% Buyer Guarantee is designed to give you full peace-of-mind, safety, and security." Haha that's a joke. Save your time and money and use a different ticket vendor!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was unable to access my tickets. I believe I have went through the steps unless I accidentally deleted the ticket transfer email, because the app says they have been delivered. I even received a text this morning saying they have been delivered. I have sent several emails inquiring about my upcoming event and the only response I got was how to go through the steps. I tried the chat live and it's been over an hour and still waiting. I don't understand why there is so many hoops to jump through. This is ridiculous and will never use again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Vivid Seats should not sell concert tickets that they do not completely have ownership of. Instead, they sell tickets that others can cancel, deface, or discard. Should place a disclaimer upon ticket purchase of possibility of similar outcomes as what took place in my situation. Got to the venue and was told the tickets were fraudulent. "Sold to me then canceled by seller" is what I was told by venue employees. My 14yr. Old daughter waited all year for this concert, we bought it 2 months in advance. I should have went somewhere trustworthy!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I purchased 4 tickets to the first game of the World Series. The $700 tickets became $1000 per ticket after "service fees." I received a "view from the seats" which showed an unobstructed view. When we sat down we had a large pole right in front of us meaning 2 of us could not see the batter and the other 2 had to lean over to see him!! Very dissatisfied, will never use Vivid Seats again!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The ticket price says $153 but there are hidden fees that are designed to be overlooked or hidden until it's too late. Do not be fooled, the ticket price you see is not even close to what you will be billed! Also there is the worry that you may not even see the tickets as so many others have stated. I paid a $50 markup on a $150 ticket. I normally check reviews before making online purchases but this time I didn't. This company is basically a online ticket scalper.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We bought 4 concert tickets through Vivid Seats for $800! We tried to go to the concert. We were an hour early and the traffic was bad understandably. We could not even get to the venue not even close to the venue. We waited in line for an hour and a half and didn’t even move! The concert was oversold! Finally after missing the first band and the beginning of the main show we had to leave, I could see hundreds of cars waiting in the same line missing the show.

I called Vivid Seats and explained the situation. They DO NOT CARE AT ALL that they took $800 from me for an OVERSOLD concert. I spoke to ENRIQUE who told me they didn’t take my money a seller did. I told him that’s fine can I call that person he said no I had to go through them. I said that’s fine but that dies IN FACT make you the responsible party. He told me it does not.

They offered me $182 NOT A REFUND for the OVERSOLD SHOW but to buy other tickets I told him okay that’s fine but then when I let him know I’m very dissatisfied and I will be making negative reviews he said “well then we will not be giving you that $182” so basically as long as you keep your mouth shut about their SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES they will give me a credit of $182 of the $841.50 that I spent but if you tell anyone the truth they won’t do that?!?!?! PLEASE JUST STAY AWAY FROM VIVID SEATS. THEY ARE NOT TRUST WORTHY! And they do not care about anything but taking your money!!! Go to a trustworthy seller!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I bought Ed Sheeran tickets for 468 dollars. Drove almost 6 hours to find out they rescheduled to the next day. I can't take work off with only just finding out today. They won't refund me. So if I somehow don't find a buyer. I'll have to be out not only a concert but 468 dollars plus the gas and hotel purchased for nothing. Do not buy tickets from this company. Worst experience ever.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Bought e-tickets to a recent NFL game. On the day of the event, the tickets still had not arrived. Contacted customer service four times (three times on the chat, once at the phone) until an email was finally send. The email arrived after the event had already started. Additionally, the link to the tickets in the email did not work. By that time, the event was basically over, and not worth attending anymore. Contacted customer service through chat again and explained the problem. The agent claimed that they did everything correctly and basically blamed all fault on the seller. Asked for a refund but this was rejected based on the claim that they did everything correctly. TLDR: won't buy again from this company. Multiple customer service requests required to receive tickets. Tickets arrived too late to attend the event.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Bought 2 tickets to Oakland Seattle Game August for game on 10/14/18 in London for my son and I. First of all always call Vivid Ticket sales number so you get someone on the phone - Their Customer Service Department sucks big time. After Ordering noticed they said tickets would not be available until 7 days before the event - as we were flying to London on the 13th I called to see when I could get my Tickets as I wanted them in hand. Well no luck on this. They first said the tickets would be overnighted to me at no cost, then changed their mind and said the Tickets would be available at the main Will Call Window at Wembley Stadium.

Well my Son and I showed up - No tickets in our name were there and we found several others that had ordered via Vivid ticket in the same situation as us. NO Tickets - Can't get ahold of them either until after the game was over and they were no help at all. My son and I never saw the game we had traveled to see. Do not use this company. It's a scam.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Purchased 2 very expensive VIP concert tickets in late July for an event on October 19th. Tickets were expected to be electronically transferred on October 15th. The tickets were not transferred on this date so I reached out to the online chat on October 16th and did not have any issues getting a hold of a representative. The rep told me that he sees that I have not been transferred the tickets and he would contact the appropriate department, further explaining that I would receive the tickets soon. I checked online and my delivery date for the tickets was adjusted to October 16th. Well, the next day (October 17th), I still had not received my tickets so I reach out again to the online chat on explaining that I've already spoken to a rep but wanted an update. Online customer service explained that they are having trouble getting in contact with the seller.

At this point, I was nervous that I wouldn't be receiving the tickets so I start asking what is the protocol for an uncooperative seller and they explained that another set of tickets will be offered, claiming that these tickets would be close or equivalent to what I had originally purchased. About an hour or so later on that same day, I received an email saying "Urgent, please call in regards to your order..." So I immediately called. Again, at this time I didn't have an issue getting in touch with a real person and the person over the phone said that the seller is no longer able to provide me with the original seats that I bought, but is countering with a similar ticket offer along with a $25 refund for each ticket. I agreed because I had to catch a flight to the event and I also wanted these tickets.

Several hours pass and I still do not have these tickets so I again reach out to customer service. I was finally transferred the new tickets with the adjusted seats. I received an email from Vivid Seats saying "please confirm that you received your tickets." I refused to confirm this until I got in writing (or email) that I would receive a partial refund from the seller for the change in seating. I call customer service, but this is the part you should BEWARE... Once you have been transferred your tickets, the option to hit/dial "*" or "Stay on the line, a rep will be with you momentarily" is GONE.

With this being said, from here on out, it was nearly impossible to figure out how to talk to a real person and the online chat does not deal or handle refunds. I was on the phone for a total of 40 mins, most of this time being put on hold and I was transferred to 3 different departments. Finally, I explained the situation and the final rep I spoke to did send me an email and process my partial refund. I didn't receive the refund that night because they do take several business days to go through, but I did receive the refund a few days later. I went to my event and had no issues getting in, so my tickets were authentic.

Bottom line: I do not recommend Vivid Seats, but if you have no other option, then use them, but expect to pay way more and be more stressed out. The issue isn't the website (IMO), but any seller who buys original tickets can mark up them up by 90% if they want to. If I bought my tickets from the venue, they would have been almost half the cost if I hadn't bought them through Vivid Seats. Lastly, when you're on the chat or phone with the representatives, please be kind and courteous. After reading other peoples reviews, it appears that they were not as lucky as I was in communicating the customer service and receiving a refund if they were owed one. Remember, they are people just like us with managers/supervisors who are imposing long work hours and a troubling work environment.

Throughout this entire experience, I was kind to those who I talked to and thanked them for their work and helping me get this straightened out. I believe that's why I received my tickets 2 days before the concert whereas other buyers look like they didn't receive theirs until the day of or hours before their event. Again, I DON'T recommend this website due to the seller noncompliance and prices, but if this is your only option then you are more than welcome to try. Just please beware that this ticket purchase is more stressful and more costly than just purchasing from the event itself or StubHub/TicketMaster. 2 Stars for Vivid Seats resolving the issue with both the tickets and partial refund in a 3 day time span.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

This entire operation is designed to scam you. They screw you out of your money. You are not assured of the tickets... even though they hold your money. I would never advise anyone to use this service. They are a bunch of crooks. I purchased tickets in advance and was told they would arrive the day before the event. It's **, no tickets, no customer service, just stealing your money.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

This was the most stressful, frustrating and unprofessional experience I have ever had in my life. My tickets were ordered on Monday and were stated to be available Thursday for our game on Saturday. They were e-tickets... first of all, why should it take 3 days to receive an email with a barcode? Second, they never came Thursday and I had to spend LITERALLY hours Friday trying to get a hold of a person (instead of listening to automated responses) to find out if I was going to receive my tickets in time. The only way to speak to a human being is to buy something from them so I entered the purchase option in the phone list and had them transfer me to customer service from there.

After being told my tickets would be available in less than two hours, I spent the next 6.5 hours checking my email and getting more and more frustrated. I ended up having to call back and ask for a refund and after asking to put me on hold for a moment, SUDDENLY my tickets appeared in my email.

This was a birthday gift for my 7 year old and I had a party to set up and running around to do. By the time I received my tickets and wasted all the time on hold on the phone getting the runaround, I was super upset and behind on what I needed to get done. This ticket site should be shut down. I urge anyone coming across this site to go somewhere else and save yourself the wasted time and distress over something that should be simple.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We purchased 3 tickets for Ed Sheeran in MN in October of 2017 for his concert scheduled for October 20th of 2018. The confirmation stated the tickets would be available via an email a minimum of 3 days before the event. We were not able to access the QR code and the US Bank ticket office could not help us, even with proof of purchase and a confirmation number because we purchased tickets through a 3rd party vendor. We call Vivid and we were on the phone, either speaking with someone or on hold, for over 1 hour.

They were unable to help us. They were rude and condescending. They refused to re-send a QR code even when provided with all purchase information, including a confirmation number. The best they could do was investigate the situation. We drove 5 hours, spent money on a hotel and Uber, and did not get to see a concert for which we paid over $400. To top it off, it was my 13 year old niece's birthday gift. We will NEVER use Vivid again. It was an incredibly awful experience.

Resolution response: Nov. 9, 2018

In my previous review, I expressed my frustration with Vivid Seats over an unjust circumstance. While it took some time to get to the bottom of the issue, they did refund my ticket price and gave me a fair discount. As a result, I have decided to remain a customer. The only reason I gave them a 4 star review was due to the length of time it took to resolve this matter.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I purchased two tickets for a friend to the OU-TCU football game in Fort Worth for 10.20.18. When they arrived, they couldn't get in because they were holding duplicate tickets with another person stand in line next to them. (BTW, this is the second time Vivid Seats has done this to me. The first time was at a MLB playoff game). My friend couldn't get in, so I called Vivid Seats Customer Service. I was on hold for over 40 minutes in two calls and then had to call back a third time. MY EVENT WAS HAPPENING AT THAT MOMENT, BUT I HAD BEEN SOLD DUPLICATE SEATS!!! What about people "Being prioritized who have events that day?!?" While I was on hold, no one EVER came back to me and told me they were still trying to reach a department.

The “customer service agents" (and I use that phrase lightly) were Omar, Chris, and Cecelia, in that order. After failing to get an answer after 20 minutes of being on hold the first time, I called backed and asked to speak with a manager on my next two calls. The first time Chris told me he was transferring me to one, but no one ever answered. The second time Cecelia said it was impossible and refused my request outright. AWFUL JOB!!! Bottom line: I was transferred two times to a specific department that NEVER ANSWERED. When I asked for a direct line to that department, I was told there is no direct line they can give out. What a scam!!!

Vivid Seats is great if you enjoy the excitement of never knowing if your tickets are going to work or not. I've never had this issue with other ticket brokers, so I'm cancelling my account with Vivid. Almost an hour of hold time and still no resolution! I've had to contact my bank to dispute the charge. In the meantime, my friends had to go a different route to get in.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

When I purchased the tickets for my event the date for email stated I would receive the tickets at least 4 days before the event. Then 7 days before the event, they updated the delivery to one day before the event and told me to go print at FedEx while on my vacation in downtown Chicago. "Unfortunately we can't reimburse you for the cost of printing, it costs 10 or 20 cents to print a document out at FedEx." Never mind the cost of the Uber, and most importantly the inconvenience and my time on a vacation. I won't be using them again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Bought tickets for 60 dollars each and ended up paying 80 dollars per ticket with a sneaky service fees that they place out of the blue and the final price is only shown once, and quickly before you confirm the purchase. There are a no refund policy as well. I would never buy tickets there again unless you want to spend an extra sneaky 1\3 in every ticket you buy.

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs