2.8/5 (2532 ratings)

About Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats is an online marketplace that lets people buy and sell tickets to major events, including concerts, shows, music festivals, sporting events and theater productions. It offers a 100% Buyer Guarantee and serves as the middleman between customers looking for tickets and sellers.

Pros

• Easy access to event tickets
  • Independently operated
  • 100% Buyer Guarantee

Cons

• Ticket prices can fluctuate
  • Hidden fees increase final price

Bottom Line

Vivid Seats is a trustworthy online resource that helps connect consumers with event tickets. It serves as an intermediary between sellers and buyers and offers a buyer guarantee on all tickets.

Top Vivid Seats Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I live in Nebraska, and purchased tickets for the Ozzy farewell concert in Tinley Park, Illinois.., I had my wife, 4 children, and grandson looking forward to this concert 600 mil...

Verified

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert… My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few...

What is Vivid Seats?

Vivid Seats’ goal is to safely and securely connect customers with event tickets. It also assists sellers who have tickets and want to sell them safely.

Vivid Seats lets you search for tickets by date, venue, city, price, quantity and seat location. The 100% Buyer Guarantee promises the ticket purchase is secure, the tickets will arrive before the event date and the tickets are valid. The company offers promotional deals and discounts via email, and, according to the website, Vivid Seats ships tickets directly to you in any of the following forms:

• Mobile e-tickets
  • Email delivery/instant download
  • Standard shipping
  • Electronic transfer
  • AXS Mobile ID
  • Special delivery (including local pickup, will call or paperless)

Vivid Seats gives sellers a safe online marketplace to find interested buyers. Tickets must meet standards set by Vivid Seats — they must be for a U.S. event, and you can’t sell tickets before you own them. The seller is not responsible for paying shipping fees.

Vivid Seats fees

It is free to list your tickets on Vivid Seats, but there is a 10% commission taken out of the final sale price. Along with the listed ticket price, the company adds shipping costs and a service fee to each order. The buyer is responsible for these costs. The goal of Vivid Seats is to offer the best out-the-door-prices for a wide variety of tickets.

Vivid Seats FAQ

Can you get scammed on Vivid Seats?
The 100% Buyer Guarantee means Vivid Seats upholds industry standards for safe and secure transactions. It never shares your credit card information, and you can read more about its privacy and security guidelines on the company’s website. The guarantee protects buyers from getting invalid tickets and ensures they receive their tickets on time. It is a safe and secure process.
Is Vivid Seats reliable?
Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable online marketplace for buying and selling event tickets.
Is Vivid Seats owned by Ticketmaster?
No. Vivid Seats is an independently owned and operated online marketplace.
Are Vivid Seats tickets guaranteed?
Yes. The 100% Buyer Guarantee ensures that you get the right tickets and that they arrive on time.
How do you sell tickets on Vivid Seats?
To sell tickets, they must meet Vivid Seats’ requirements. Sellers can choose the price for their tickets and modify them at any time. You get an email when the tickets are sold, and then you either upload them or ship them. You are paid through PayPal after the event occurs.

Is Vivid Seats legit?

Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable way to buy and sell tickets. It is a legitimate company that facilities hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ticket sales each year. We recommend the company for anyone looking for deals on concert tickets or shows in the United States.

Vivid Seats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: March 14, 2022

First time using Vivid Seats to get tickets. I bought tickets to a Tool concert from vivid seats and then read the reviews.... I was terrified that I would not receive my tickets. I bought my tickets 5 months before the show. My tickets were not released until 1 week before the show. I got an email the day they were supposed to get to me saying that they were sent but I would need different tickets to use at the venue. After setting up a ticket master account my tickets were sent to me. It was a nerve racking 5 months wait, but I did receive the tickets as promised!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I bought tickets 2 years ago and wanted great upfront seats to the Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett stadium concert in Washington. I did pay extra for my seats which was two. But, it was sure worth it in the end. I was outfield in section five, row twenty five, and seats eleven and twelve. Since this concert is going to be a blowout, I recommend Vivid Seats and pay a little extra for great seats. The tickets came to me in the mail in just a few days!

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Morgan Wallen tickets recently went on sale in my area. My daughter and I both waited online on Ticketmaster to get tickets. We were logged in early and still we could not get tickets. Every time we added them to our cart, it would say they had sold. We were crushed because we have wanted to see Morgan Wallen for so long!

We started searching for tickets and found some on Vivid Seats so we snatched them up. The one bad portion of the experience is that we did not get our tickets until the morning of the event. At this point, I had chatted with the people on the Vivid app. I had checked my email and app hundreds of times and had called waited on hold for 52 minutes only to get disconnected. So I was frustrated. I had read the reviews too and they were abysmal. So I was very concerned. I woke up the day of the event to an email containing our tickets. They downloaded quickly, were for the correct event and the correct seats. They worked perfectly and we had a great time! If it wasn’t for Vivid Seats we would not have been able to have this experience. I would totally use Vivid Seats again!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Let me first say that I was very hesitant to purchase tickets from Vividseats, based on the overwhelmingly negative reviews. However, they had the best seats, at reasonable prices. So, I had no choice but to roll the dice and hope for the best. Let me just say that I was completely shocked when I received my tickets within five minutes of placing the order. The e-mails containing the instructions to accept/download the tickets were excellent. I had no trouble at all, and can now rest easy knowing I will be able to attend the Genesis concert at the end of this month, and that I will not have to deal with any of the issues other people have/didn't just waste a ton of money. It's worth noting that I am very tech-savy, and that may be te reason some people have had such issues with Vivid. These are electronic tickets/transfers, and you need to know what you are doing. Thanks, Vividseats, for pleasantly surprising me.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

The bad reviews got the best of my emotions. It was my first time using Vivid Seats & I didn't see the first email from the seller to release tickets to me. I had purchased 7 tickets for a football game & the first customer service rep did not clearly explain the process to me. Many of the cust. service responses seemed like canned responses, which scared me more. After being neurotic & stalking on LinkedIn, a Senior Vendor Relationship Manager made me feel better about the purchase. Then I did receive the electronic tickets, but they disappeared from my Apple Wallet the day of the event. They were retrievable from the seller's email, but the entire time leading up to the scanning of the tickets was extremely stressful.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Purchased tickets for KY Derby (5/7/22) last November, tickets sent (5/3/22) are not what I purchased. Have been on the phone twice now with them, no followup as promised after first call. Still waiting after second call. Could be easily fixed as they have tickets on their website for sale that are comparable to those I ordered.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Ordered tickets and found extra higher fees charged. I could have lived with that, but the problem was that even though I'd ordered these four months in advance, they didn't arrive in my email until the morning of the event. I was driving 700 miles to attend the event but wouldn't know until I got there. So, I thought this was a fluke. Just tried new seats again this year and got even worse. The event was rescheduled for a different date which I can't make. I asked Vivid Seats for a refund but they refused. As a result, I'm now forced to sue Vivid Seats. Worst company with which I've ever dealt. Their customer service is horrible.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Stay away from this reseller. If something goes wrong, you will never get your money back. I purchased tickets for Imaging Dragons concert for $900. I received an email with the link to download my tickets. When I clicked on a link, I received a message that my tickets were already claimed by another email address. What??! I went back to Vivid and spent next 3 days trying to get to the bottom of this with Vivid initially trying to brush me off by promising to call in 24h with a resolution. There was no resolution.

They just basically told me that they can't help me and they won't return me my money because they have a confirmation that I received the tickets. Excuse me?? It was like talking to a wall. I offered them to log in to my Ticketmaster account (because tickets were sold and resold apparently) and check my history as a proof that I have never received the tickets. Now I am working with my bank to cancel this transaction and I hope to get my money back. Vivid fights back. The moral of this story - be careful. I don't know what happened here, maybe a glitch in the system, maybe somehow my tickets got stolen. But Vivid has zero ability to follow transactions through so you will be left alone. They will take your money and kick you to the curb when things go wrong.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Order **, we arrive at the venue only to find out the tickets were sent for the wrong date. We sit at the box office waiting for a customer representative to do something while we can hear the game starting up in the arena and we are missing it. Garbage service.

Original review: April 21, 2022

So I purchased tickets to surprise my boys and they were so excited, they were not going to be the best seats but Golden State is my 10 year old's favorite team and he thought he would never be able to see them play in real life. So I picked seats on the visitor side and my boys were so excited they were jumping up and down and hollering when I surprised them. It took 2 chats to be told that the tickets would be sent, they recommended I just keep checking my email. Finally I received the email and the tickets were not the ones I purchased, they were all the way on the other side of the stadium. I called and spoke with a representative who looked into it and basically said they were comparable tickets and there was nothing that he could do. They were on the totally opposite side of the arena and the visibility was not the same as the purchased tickets.

I was so upset I was crying because this was something I had been trying to plan for my children who have had a very rough couple years. Very disappointing. Not even a sorry or an option to choose similar cost seats but with at least a decent view. Not sure if I will ever be using them again, talk about breaking a couple kids' hearts. Thanks Vivid Seats, I have to be the bad guy and explain that your customer service doesn't even care, they are obviously just uncaring and in it for the money.

Vivid Seats Company Information