1.32/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

224 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

They can sell you a ticket for $107 but when you get the ticket it is really a $38 ticket! When you call them, they say they have no control over it and you should have known... Nowhere is it obvious that a ticket can be scalped on this site.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I purchased tickets to Kaaboo 2018 from Vivid Seats. When I arrived I could not get into the venue because my ticket had another person's name on it. Vivid sold me the ticket with this name on it. I saw they had a 100 percent guarantee to back them up. Well, I still could not get in. They would not give me a refund either because they state they needed a paper saying I could not get in. The booth at the door is where they hand over your bracelets, but they do not provide anything to you and tell you they can't help you at the door.

I called Vivid and it's not like I could hand the phone to the check-in people. They would not take my phone. So you can imagine the anger inside my soul. I paid $100 for parking too. So I had to walk all the way to my car and basically gave my money away for free to Vivid and by the way it says all sales are final even though their website says they give 100 percent. I will never purchase from them again. Also, my USAA bank never backed me up either because of Vivid's all sales are final. So be aware of this corrupt ticket seller. BUYER BEWARE! Seriously frauds.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I created an account. Followed all the procedures and policies to list some tickets for sale. My profile indicates the tickets have been listed for 3 days. But Vivid Seats does not have them listed on their site. I called, and was told that an individual cannot list tickets for sale unless he/she already bought the particular tickets from Vivid Seats at a resale price. Funny. The site let me sign up, and then indicates in my profile that they are listed. This is a BS company. Waste of time and effort, and devious in that they never advised in their site that individuals can’t sell tickets.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Last night I purchased two tickets to see the 5th Dimension. "Please wait" came up in a red button. 30 minutes went by. 60 minutes. Finally I refreshed the page. Up came the ticket for an extra $103! I felt gypped but since my husband and I had already made arrangements for an 800 mile RT to the concert I decided to buy the tickets anyway. Same thing happened and this time the price was even higher! Got "Please wait" again. Then this morning, an ad for the concert appeared in my Facebook feed.

I clicked over and bought the tickets thinking this was a software a glitch they would remedy rather than a deliberate bait and switch scheme. I contacted customer service and they gave me bs excuses. No refund. I respectfully asked them to refund the difference between the 2 sets of tickets & they dismissed me. Now I am seeing that on every review site they are getting a 1 star review. I should have checked that out first. My mistake but I hope I can help others avoid the same.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Don't ever use this place to buy tickets. I purchased a ticket and it was for an incorrect venue, which I immediately purchased the correct ticket. I called like everyone else and was told they don't issue refunds and to sell the ticket. I asked for info on how to sell the ticket and was told I could research it. I called again and was told they wouldn't allow me to sell it because I am not a broker or professional. I warn everyone not to use this "company" and I use that loosely. They are a joke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My daughter and I wanted to see Metallica at PNC stadium on January 28, 2019 (Have not attended yet obviously). I went to PNC to try to purchase the tickets direct, but was funneled over to Vivid. We purchased the tickets almost a year in advance; We picked two decent seats for $489 apiece. When I received the tickets, the face value was $131 apiece. This is nothing more that price gouging at its finest. I called Vivid and got the generic response that they have to make money also. Never again VIVID!!! This is a scam and a rip off to working folks who simply want some enjoyment and entertainment. This whole thing really upsets me. I'm a business person who makes a profit with my work and could not get away with how VIVID, along with their greedy investment companies rip off the masses. I sure as heck don't blame the artists, their prices are affordable. They should be upset about this also.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Please consider this review and many others before purchasing tickets from Vivid Seats. I accessed the Vivid Seat's site to purchase tickets for the Houston Rodeo. I wanted to surprise my daughter and son with tickets. I selected a section to review tickets available. The system automatically assigned the most expensive tickets. When I went to go back to review the seats available, the system automatically processed tickets that I did not want and that I did not purchase in the amount of $3632.75.

I immediately called Vivid Seats to report this computer glitch. The salesperson that answered the telephone was unconcerned and unwilling to help resolve the situation. I immediately called my credit card company to dispute the charge and one of my friends who is an attorney. I did not purchase the tickets, will not accept the tickets and will not pay for the tickets. Since my experience, I have read so many negative reviews about Vivid Seats. Please consider removing them from your sites and help warn people never to use this company. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My husband purchased 2 tickets for the Justin Timberlake concert tonight. We get to the venue and are tickets are invalid. The seats do not actually exist. Called customer service to get help and all they could do was apologize because there were no alternative seats for us to have. When my husband continued to question them on their business practices, the associate just laughed and said there was nothing she could do. When he asked for a refund, she stated that it would have to be “investigated”. This place is a scam.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Purchased four tickets from Vivid Seats and paid twice the value of the tickets. Arrived near the vicinity of the concert (Allstate Arena Rosemont) at 6:45 p.m concert was to begin at 8 p.m. We sat in traffic on Higgins road for an hour without moving one inch. We observed people being turned away from the parking area that we were trying to turn into. People were screaming at each other and cursing because they were mad they were still sitting in traffic and knew at this point they were missing the concert.

At 8:30 our group agreed that it was not going to happen and turned around and left. Used up gas, time and money and saw nothing but the back of a vehicle. Called Vivid Seats and they never called back. $550.00 dollars to sit in traffic. Called them three times and they said they needed to review it. Finally fourth call and they said they would give me $128.00 and that is all!!! DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM THESE HACKS!!! Customer service sucks. Stick to reputable ticket vendors.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

These people are scam artists pretending to be 1st tier ticket sellers. My daughter searched for tickets to a concert and the 1st item that came up was for Vivid Seats. They sell seats that cost 37% more than 1st tier resellers. Me being an ignorant old man, when my daughter sent the link to me to get the tickets just assumed that this is a legitimate seller. I purchased the tickets for her, and found out a few minutes later that they were tickets issued by Ticketmaster, so I went to Ticketmaster and found out they actually had the same seats for $70 less. I have not been able to get any of these fraudsters to correct the problem. Even My bank wouldn't help me with the issue.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My tickets were terrible. Twice face value...and an embarrassment to a parent that was trying to give my kids a good time. Vivid Seats are a joke and a scam. I highly recommend you NEVER use this service! I beg not to.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I purchased tickets for a certain section. It took nearly a year to get the tickets. When I received the tickets they were for a completely different section. The tickets were not cheap. When I contacted support I was told tickets can be of equal value in ANY section. My receipt clearly states section 204, and I received section 230. When I asked to speak to management I was hung up on. Same thing happened with chat. Very unprofessional and borderline scam. If you have to deal with Vivid Seats please be careful. They play by their own rules and have 0 customer service. Expensive lesson learned.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Over a month ago, my fiance bought very expensive tickets for us to see "Hamilton" on January 1, 2019. It's January 2nd and we have YET to receive the tickets. We missed the show and we're out >$1300. Not only was Vivid Seats' customer service unresponsive to requests for assistance, review of the UPS shipment of the tickets reveals that they were NOT SHIPPED UNTIL 5 DAYS BEFORE THE SHOW. UPS attempted delivery twice, but required a signature, and as both of us work, we weren't home to provide the required signature. We tried working with UPS, but UPS was unable to allow us ANY ACCESS to the tickets. I have used Ticketmaster and StubHub for years without ANY difficulties, and I STRONGLY recommend avoiding Vivid Seats. I am deeply suspicious of fraud, but I not-so-patiently await receipt of the tickets before taking the next step.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We purchased Avalanche hockey tickets for a New Year's Eve game. The Vivid Seats website and the printed ticket stated a 7:00 pm start time. The game actually started at 6:00 pm. We did receive an email asking us to confirm that we had received our tickets. We hit confirm and sent it back. At the very bottom of that email was a 6:00 pm game start. We had to scroll way down to the end to see that and did not do so as we thought it was simply a confirmation that we had received our tickets. It said nothing about an error on the ticket or website about the start time of the game.

Prior to leaving for the game we checked our tickets and the website and both still said 7:00 pm. This kind of incompetence is inexcusable as we missed the pre-game show and 1st period due to their lack of attention to detail. They refused to issue even a partial refund. If you have any other choice when you purchase event tickets DO NOT USE VIVID SEATS. They should have sent a separate email drawing attention to their error about the game start time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Read their fine print before getting tickets from them. I thought the tickets I purchased were a fair price for the event considering the prices and seating they showed Actual 2 tickets I received were $45 face value each. Someone’s else’s name was on them, we paid $384 for these 2 tickets. They are just a broker to move tickets from other people who have them to sell and mark up the price to what they feel is in line. In line with what? Look elsewhere before inquiring about tickets from them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Please consider this experience before you use Vivid Seats. Our family had built plans around NYE this year is SF based on concert tix purchased from Vivid Seats. At 2 pm, the tickets had not arrived and our opportunity to get to SF and our pre concert dinner plans were lost. Vivid customer service recited their legal disclaimers to me and basically communicated that once they had my money and the tickets were on the way, they had no liability or interest in my personal situation or the plans that they had blown up. For a simple $200 they have lost a family of concert and sporting event buyers for the rest of our lifetimes... to me, that is the definition of "worst customer service".

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

DO NOT EVERRRRRRR. Just do not. Don’t do it to yourself. I ordered the tickets in April, the Giants vs Cowboys game was December. This was a father’s day present for my dad and it was my first game, I was so excited. So the day comes for the tickets to arrive. They’re electronic and they send it via email and you have to “accept the transfer”. Ok well the email never came. So 5 days before the game I’m on the phone with customer service.

Apparently they sent it to the wrong email. So they had to issue a re-transfer. Still never received the email. I was on the phone with these people all day Friday, all day Saturday and literally all morning Sunday, a few hours before the game. They all kept telling me the same thing “we don’t have an update. We’re waiting for the seller to send the retransfer”. So I drive all the way to MetLife Stadium because like hell am I not getting into this game that I paid almost $400 to see, it’s almost a 2 hour drive for me and I’m on the phone with them the whole way. Game starts at 1, it is now 12:55 and they had FINALLY, after days of refusal, transferred me to the “senior customer support specialist” and she upgraded our seats and apologized. Like okay don’t even talk to me right now your apologies don’t mean a damn thing at this point... But we made it. Got to see the game. Will never ever ever be using Vivid Seats ever the hell again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I was worried after I bought the tickets as I checked feedback. ??? Tickets to Belk Bowl went all good and were mailed via UPS and had in hand before I left from Georgia. The ??? tickets to Charlotte Hornets were purchased the next day after I bought ??? on Dec 22nd. These were supposed to be emailed the 26th as the event was the 28th. I would later be told 27th and then 28th. I spoke with customer service on the the a.m of 28th as I was concerned about no tickets yet and event was that same day. I was told I would have them by 2 pm. To make a long story short got tickets at 443 pm and was able to print at hotel. It was very stressful. If I hadn’t planned on traveling anyway to NC from GA to attend the Belk Bowl for 29th it would have been even more stressful. At the end of the day all was good and enjoyed both events.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Vivid Seats is misleading until you read the fine print. "100% customer satisfaction guarantee" only applies when a show is completely cancelled. Nothing is done for unhappy customers. There were still tickets available at the box office, yet they changed me nearly double what I would have paid directly. IT'S A SCAM!!! Do not EVER use Vivid Seats for anything. They are the worst I've dealt with.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Purchased tickets in November to the Peach Bowl on 12/29. Received email from Vivid Seats that my tickets were available to transfer however never received the ticket transfer email. The company is very hard to reach via phone if you have an issue and only can get a live person if you want to purchase tickets. Contacted them 4 days in a row and each time was told they are working on it and trying to contact the seller for my tickets and would let me know status. Never did they reach out to me on status. It was me calling them and they would never answer on how I could attend the event if I did not receive my tickets. In fact they stated it was my fault since the tickets were transferred to me. Their 100 percent buyer guarantee is false!! DO NOT BUY from this company!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased two tickets totaling $435 for my husband and son in June for the Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns game on 12/15/18. I received an email next day from Vivid Seats stating the seller has contacted them that the etickets will be delivered on 12/13/18. I never received the tickets or email of tickets. My husband and son flew to Denver and had to buy tickets at the stadium! Every time I called to complain or get an update they would hang up on me or tell me, "Sometimes the seller sends them an hour before game time. Please be patient."

After not receiving the tickets I asked for a refund and they kept needing to investigate and will get back to me in 3-5 days. 10 days later I contact them and they keep putting me on hold and finally get me with a “senior” representative who puts me on hold for another 20 minutes just to come back on and say they can’t give me a refund because they have proof the seller sent me the email and that it’s not their fault I didn’t accept the tickets in a timely manner. Um. Hello my family was at the stadium, why would we purposely not accept them? I will never be buying from them again and I will be reporting them to the BBB. I disputed the charges with credit card company. Such a shame and a scam.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We ordered the tickets for Jeff Dunham 4 months early. We received an email saying we would get the tickets a week early for the event. We received a email 17 days ahead that said the tickets were coming from a 3rd party vendor and had to get their Mobile App. After doing this we then received an email that we would receive the tickets by the 24th. On the 25th I sent an email that we had not received the tickets yet. I was called by Vivid Seats on the 26th and asked if we would like an upgrade to Floor seating at no cost to us.

After discussing this with the wife, we declined. The Customer Svc person then advised we would be getting a different section (still the same level though). When I asked about the tickets that were purchased according to the email we received, she said they were no longer available. After looking at the seating chart found the tickets we were getting put us 2 sections farther away from the stage. I called them back and was told that since we refused the better seats, this is what we get and if I wanted closer seats then we should have accepted the original offer.

I asked about our email with the original section and seat numbers and was told that according to their policy since we refused the upgrade that they then can give us tickets of their choosing. I asked about the email and the tickets we had been told and they said those are not available by the seller (Flash Seats). So we now have tickets that we paid $380 for and are available for $97 total.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I purchased 6 tickets through Vivid Seats 4 months prior to the Rams and Arizona game. Drove all the way to Arizona from Los Angeles and never received my email tickets. We got scammed for $600. I beg for everyone not to use them, customer service are paid to lie for their scamming.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered two tickets totaling $128.53. They never sent the tickets. They claimed they had. When I got to the event, hoping I could straighten this out. No such luck! So now I am out $200.53. Horrible!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Buyer beware. If you purchase tickets you cannot indicate if they are etickets, paper tickets or downloadable tickets. Your tickets will come (via emobile ticket) about a week before the event. You cannot resale, no refund and no transfer. DO NOT USE Vivid Seats.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Worst experience. I purchased tickets from Vivid Seats. I picked a certain section and purchased 3 tickets. When I received my tickets they were in a completely different section on the other side of the stadium. They say they are comparable, but definitely are not. I say we start a class action against them. They sell one thing and they give you another.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I purchased tickets through Vivid Seats for the Las Vegas Bowl football game between Fresno State and Arizona State. My husband and our 3 daughters are Fresno State alumni. Vivid’s map showed which side of the stadium was for each team and I purchased accordingly. When we got to the stadium we realized our seats were on Arizona State’s side. There were 4 other Fresno State fans seated next to us. They had also purchased their tickets through Vivid and confirmed that Vivid’s website map said we were on Fresno State’s side. One of them had even called Vivid’s customer service and had it confirmed. Of course Vivid’s customer service denies their error and states in their email to me that the map showed that I was purchasing tickets for the Arizona State side. Will never use Vivid again.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Worst Experience ever!!! There's no way to refund, resell or get tickets back if e-ticket got declined. There is some nebulous 3rd party that is actually the ticket holder and there is no way to contact them. Lost almost $300 on tickets. DON'T USE. Scam to get your money.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I tried to purchase tickets through Vivid Seats for an event and after entering all information, the site said the seats were no longer available. I went to then purchase similar tickets on another site, only to be given a confirmation email from Vivid after purchase that the seats I had originally wanted were now purchased BY ME. So I am now in possession of two tickets I don't need and Vivid refused to take responsibility for their site saying that ticket purchase did not happen.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I had a very similar problem as Christine (see Below). I went to purchase 4 tickets to the Women's National Soccer Team. The tickets were priced at $102, but my credit card was hit for $1,048. Vivid email Customer service has been no help and when I called their customer service number, I just sat on hold and no one ever picked up. I hung up after a 1/2 hour. Tom in NYC. "I bought two musical tickets for 300 dollars from Vivid Seats, because it said 'mezzanine right', but it turned out 'upper right' tickets which cost 30 dollars. Oh my God! I complained about this, but the company said they're just intermediary! They can't tell me who's the seller. Then, who can take responsibility for this scam transaction!"

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs