3.90/5
  • 1 star
Based on 20 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vivid Seats

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 30, 2017

20 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I purchased 3 tickets to see The Lion King in July of 2017. The show was scheduled for Dec. 2017. The price I paid for the tickets and what I bought the tickets for were two different prices. I disputed the difference with Vivid Seats and with my credit card company. The dispute was settled in the favor of Vivid Seats. I wasn't happy about it but learned my lesson to be very careful when buying tickets through a third party. We had been planning on seeing this show for 6 months and it was a very special occasion. My daughter was had turned 13 on the day of the show.

What I didn't realize was during the dispute Vivid Seats took it upon themselves on "my behalf" to sell my tickets to someone else. I didn't realize this had happened. So my wife, daughter and I go to the venue on the night of the show to find out that our tickets were invalid. At least they could of told us, we can never get that night back again and what a disappointment it turned out to be. I did get a refund but only part of the amount that I paid which I feel is unfair.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We purchased tickets, received receipt which we have for row 15 on the wall at TD Garden. Vivid seats sent us worse tickets, and would not honor tickets we had on our receipt. This should be illegal, these were for my kids for Xmas, they now put my kids in seats where their view is obstructed. They state they can change your tickets as they see fit if they seem it ok because you check the I agree box. I would suggest you use any other company but these liars. I will take pictures with my family at the game and post how they stuck us in worse seats and we will continue our internet campaign to warn as many loyal fans we can. Vivid should not be allowed to ruin other kids Christmas as they have done to my kids, who have looked forward to the seats we had paid for and now do not have. Stay away from Vivid tickets. They are not to be trusted.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have used Vivid Seats only for purchasing tickets. It could be a little bit harder to do it. I cannot find immediately what I am looking for. Basically they are intermediary between buyers and sellers of tickets. I had have some negative experience with them, for example if I buy a ticket, and after the purchase I made mistake in date. I have the next period of 10-15 minutes to allow me to change it or refund it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

At Vivid Seats, I'm able to search and find what I am looking for and do it from the comfort of my own home. I like the convenience of looking for tickets without having to look all over, without having to go and stand in line and when at the sporting event you can already have the tickets when you get there. However, I feel that they need to have more pick up options or the options to print them out without them charging a fee to do that. You shop online for the convenience of not having to leave your home so you shouldn't be penalized for it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

On the website the features I like the most are the VIP and the limited features. They are great for people that are loyal to their website giving them the fastest access to all the greatest events in and out of the area. The seats and ticket prices are great and all events I am looking for. They have great customers service. On the other hand, I remember a while back when I started using the site they had a slight bug where you would purchase tickets and not have access right away to them like you should. Few hours and the bug was fixed immediately.

It is a great site to purchase event tickets. To purchase tickets the best way is to make an account. You can use the search bar within the site to look up specific shows or events you want to attend then you add to your cart and checkout using your favorite payment method. There is also the option to save your payment method which is great because you use the site a lot like I do. Everything is already saved for you. It is amazing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I first searched most ticket sites and found that Vivid Seats was the cheapest. The overall ticket purchasing process was average. I made an account, activated it, and bought the tickets. Vivid Seats has a wide range of tickets. It is easy to find what I want within a short amount of time. I used it to sell some extra tickets before and I bought some when a concert was sold out. However, the UI needs improvement and the search bar is too specific and doesn't recognize a search if you barely misspell a word in it. Another cool feature would be to compare with other ticket sites to ease the research required to find the cheapest price.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I have use Vivid Seats to purchase ticket to a football game here in Tennessee. It was a game that I really wanted to see and I had tried a couple of other sites and I couldn't find anything or they were just too much. A friend told me about Vivid Seats. When I first used the site I made an account. The layout is very easy and intuitive to use. I found everything that I was looking for in no time and I would definitely go back and get tickets on here in the future if I needed them. It was a pleasant experience.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I feel like Vivid Seats is one of the up-and-coming ticketing websites/service for popular venues across the United States. I made an account and linked it to my primary email address. This made it easiest for me so that I could keep track of my ticketing purchases. Navigation of the site was simple and easy. I like how easy it is to find tickets for various venues. I also like how trustworthy the site is. The only thing I dislike is the fees that are associated with purchases. I often forget about them until I am buying the tickets at the checkout process. I wish that they would find a way to offer more promotional discounts and lower prices.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I like vivid Seats' low fees and tickets where you can not get much anywhere else. On the other hand they need to add some more to it than what was given in the way, as well as how they need to put more seats that make it easier to understand and make it more well known. They also need it to be better looking. I have had a account for this site but I have use others that makes me not use this one as much anymore. How it has something more to offer than most than others. It needs to be more clear and more telling on how to use things from others.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I enjoy everything about Vivid Seats. I appreciate the company and what it has to offer. I made an account and like the quick and easy access. On the other hand I would make tickets available for print and it would be nice if they offered discounts or incentives. Other than that it is a great site which offers great incentives. I am always pleased with my purchase. I would recommend them to a friend and family member.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

It was a good experience with Vivid Seats. I went to the website and searched for the event I wanted. It came up easily, and when I clicked into the event I had the option to navigate by either price or seat location and I like that. I could easily navigate the site and it allows me to focus on where I want to be for the show or event rather than having to scroll through cheap seats. But the checkout process was standard and could be more efficient. It always feels like it takes forever to check out on these types of sites. It would be nice if they had you create an account first so you don't have to re-type your name and address during checkout.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I googled the tickets and clicked on the website. I chose my seats and then paid for them. I didn't have to pay to make an account with this website which I really enjoyed. The tickets were easy to pay for and I trusted the website with my payment information. It is user friendly and loads quickly. I enjoyed using this website compared to other websites that do similar things because this website was very easy to use. If I was confused about a certain part I used the help option. It is sometimes difficult to see vacant seats. This was the only feature that I was having difficulties with. Some of the seats should vacant one minute and then the next it would be taken.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

It's a pretty easy site to use with the events I want. All of the seats I was able to obtain were amazing and weren't offered at any other site. I simply looked up the event I wanted to go see then I selected the type of seat I wanted and clicked purchased where I proceeded to make an account. I made an account before purchasing so that I would have a profile for future purchases. I was happy I was able to attend the event that I wanted to go to. All the other sites did not have tickets for the event that I wanted to attend. But I would like there to be more events/tickets available. It would also be nice if the payment system was streamlined, other than that I like Vivid Seats the way it is. It's a perfectly functioning system that provides the customer with what he wants.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Decent, would buy from again - The features in the website looked nice and thought out. Although I did have a lot of redirecting problems so I was sure if it was just the website or my internet. It was awful. It took me over an hour to order 2 tickets. Everytime I was almost done it'd close out and start all over again. It was easy to find everything you were looking for on the site, though. You could even see upcoming events and such which was pretty interesting. The payment was simple just like every other website. But the whole redirecting thing had me stressed out.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I made an account so I could be notified about available tickets for a sold out concert I'm looking for tickets too. At this point I've just used it for research but will definitely use to purchase if tickets come up in my price range. I really like the ease of the map feature when searching for tickets and the color coding system so you know exactly where the seats are that you're looking for.

I like its clean layout that doesn't feel cluttered. I also like that it shows events near me right at the top of the page, and that the search by filter function is on the homepage at the top so you don't have to go hunting for it. I would just like to see more ticket options. It seems like they don't have as many tickets available as StubHub or Ticketmaster at reasonable price ranges. But I realize that that might not be the website's fault and more of a matter of where people are choosing to list. Overall this site is one of the easier ticket purchasing sites to use.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

The Vivid Seats website is very easy to navigate. I was trying to secure the right seats for an upcoming football game and realized that I needed more info and some help. I called the Vivid Seats' number and made contact. The representative was very informative about the seating situation in the arena and he explained to me what would be the best ticket for me. I was trying to secure the right seats for an upcoming football game and I realized that needed more info and some help. I called the Vivid Seats number and made contact. He was very professional and courteous and helped me purchase the tickets I was looking for.

We got 3 tickets plus a parking pass! The tickets were sent when they said they would be, THEY WERE GREAT seats!!! Absolutely perfect! We were able to exit easily (because of VIP PASS) after the concert which was a much bigger bonus than when we arrived (we got there early). Such a great experience. JUST KNOW you will pay more for the tickets, but... for us it was worth it! Would definitely recommend them.

However, tickets were purchased by someone else and I couldn't use the tickets. I called customer service to ask if I could decline the tickets. After being on hold for 30 minutes. I was told no I couldn't, but I could accept them and resell them on the same site. So I accepted. Upon trying to sell the tickets, I was told by the sales department that customer service was wrong. My tickets are mobile tickets and can only be sold by professional ticket sellers. She actually said customer service has no idea how the selling process works. So why are they customer service. The worst experience I have ever had. Not one person was willing to help. All they wanted was the money.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I like the ease of finding the event and being able to choose what seat you want at Vivid Seats. They have a layout of the venue and you can pick and choose the seat you want. I love doing this as it helps me compare prices of seats from different areas of the venue. And it is very easy to order tickets on Vivid Seats. First you have to make an account. This helps for future uses so when you come back to the site, it has your info already for you to use. Then you search the event you want to go to. Then you look for the seats that are available and you choose what seats you want. Checkout is fairly easy especially if you have an account. They have your credit card info on file so you can pick that as a form of payment. Finally, you either download the tickets or they are mailed to you. Overall, it's fun and simple to use Vivid Seats. I find their website features more appealing than others.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Vivid Seats is easy to find and access. They also have a very easy to use website. The prices were as good or better than other sites. The customer service is fantastic and can easily answer any questions you may have. So far, it works great. But even though their prices are fair, I and most people I know would always like and benefit from lower prices. Vivid also needs to get their branding out in public more, away from the computer or internet. This would then lead people to look them up on the computer or internet. Bonus for Vivid and more customers and sales.

Vivid works great and others should try it. My experience was outstanding and I encountered no difficulties at all. Friends of mine have also said the same thing. I didn't expect it to be such a smooth process. I will definitely use Vivid again with no hesitations whatsoever and I would definitely recommend checking them. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I made an account and it was very easy to use the site, I had bought tickets for a upcoming event and it was a very simple purchase. I very much like the quick load times and the easy navigation of the site. A common issue is slow, unresponsive websites but is not a concern with this site. I would like to see what this site has to offer in the future and the changes it decides to make to its homepage.

But I would add more visual attractions that draw attention which increases the chance that a user will click to see what it is. This will also increase the amount of time a user spends browsing the site and searching for more information. What would really help with this is possibly a new font or graphic designs. Capitalization is another tool that could be used to draw attention to the site. This overall was a very impressive hands on site that I am guaranteed to use again. I will very likely refer a friend who may also give a review of the site as we have similar opinions. All in all I love the site. Keep up the wholesome work and thank you for the amazing memorable experience that I am not soon to forget.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

When you are ready to purchase your ticket you are given an option if you want to make an account. The process is easy and not very difficult. If you have an issue there are places you can go and ask questions. Also I like it when you enter the Vivid Seats website and you don't have to put your area in. You can automatically get tickets to events that are near your location. While the experience was good, I hate the fact that there aren't much information about what is going to occur during the event. I want to know more details about the event.

Vivid Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vivid Seats is an online ticket vendor that wants to make the entire event experience more streamlined and enjoyable.They feature theater, sports and music events.

• Gift cards: Purchase gift cards for friends and family directly from the website.

• Personal business support: Get in touch with customer support to help you with corporate events that include concierge services and hotel bookings.

• Secure payments: Vivid Seats will not pass on your credit card information to its resellers, keeping your details safe and secure.

• Low cost: The selling and purchasing processes are highly automated, which means more savings for the buyers.

• Social media updates: Hear news about your favorite bands and teams, plus inside info on venues and future listings, by following Vivid Sets on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.

• Best for: Vivid Seats is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados, all of whom can find diverse listings and savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Vivid Seats Company Information

www.vividseats.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use