2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

2.2/5 (1421 ratings)

About Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats is an online marketplace that lets people buy and sell tickets to major events, including concerts, shows, music festivals, sporting events and theater productions. It offers a 100% Buyer Guarantee and serves as the middleman between customers looking for tickets and sellers.

Pros

• Easy access to event tickets
  • Independently operated
  • 100% Buyer Guarantee

Cons

• Ticket prices can fluctuate
  • Hidden fees increase final price

Bottom Line

Vivid Seats is a trustworthy online resource that helps connect consumers with event tickets. It serves as an intermediary between sellers and buyers and offers a buyer guarantee on all tickets.

Top Vivid Seats Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I live in Nebraska, and purchased tickets for the Ozzy farewell concert in Tinley Park, Illinois.., I had my wife, 4 children, and grandson looking forward to this concert 600 mil...

Verified

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert… My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few...

What is Vivid Seats?

Vivid Seats’ goal is to safely and securely connect customers with event tickets. It also assists sellers who have tickets and want to sell them safely.

Vivid Seats lets you search for tickets by date, venue, city, price, quantity and seat location. The 100% Buyer Guarantee promises the ticket purchase is secure, the tickets will arrive before the event date and the tickets are valid. The company offers promotional deals and discounts via email, and, according to the website, Vivid Seats ships tickets directly to you in any of the following forms:

• Mobile e-tickets
  • Email delivery/instant download
  • Standard shipping
  • Electronic transfer
  • AXS Mobile ID
  • Special delivery (including local pickup, will call or paperless)

Vivid Seats gives sellers a safe online marketplace to find interested buyers. Tickets must meet standards set by Vivid Seats — they must be for a U.S. event, and you can’t sell tickets before you own them. The seller is not responsible for paying shipping fees.

Vivid Seats fees

It is free to list your tickets on Vivid Seats, but there is a 10% commission taken out of the final sale price. Along with the listed ticket price, the company adds shipping costs and a service fee to each order. The buyer is responsible for these costs. The goal of Vivid Seats is to offer the best out-the-door-prices for a wide variety of tickets.

Vivid Seats FAQ

Can you get scammed on Vivid Seats?
The 100% Buyer Guarantee means Vivid Seats upholds industry standards for safe and secure transactions. It never shares your credit card information, and you can read more about its privacy and security guidelines on the company’s website. The guarantee protects buyers from getting invalid tickets and ensures they receive their tickets on time. It is a safe and secure process.
Is Vivid Seats reliable?
Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable online marketplace for buying and selling event tickets.
Is Vivid Seats owned by Ticketmaster?
No. Vivid Seats is an independently owned and operated online marketplace.
Are Vivid Seats tickets guaranteed?
Yes. The 100% Buyer Guarantee ensures that you get the right tickets and that they arrive on time.
How do you sell tickets on Vivid Seats?
To sell tickets, they must meet Vivid Seats’ requirements. Sellers can choose the price for their tickets and modify them at any time. You get an email when the tickets are sold, and then you either upload them or ship them. You are paid through PayPal after the event occurs.

Is Vivid Seats legit?

Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable way to buy and sell tickets. It is a legitimate company that facilities hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ticket sales each year. We recommend the company for anyone looking for deals on concert tickets or shows in the United States.

Vivid Seats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I bought tickets for a Sep 18 football game on Mar 31. The incorrect tickets were delivered to my app on Aug 31. After two weeks of nothing but runaround from customer service the game came and went with the same incorrect tickets are still in the app. Furthermore customer service flat out lied and said the correct tickets were delivered on Sep 16th despite no supporting evidence from them and no response to the screenshots of the wrong tickets in my app. Horrible company.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

We bought tickets to the game in April of 2021. We were told that the tickets would be delivered by September 15th 2021. That date came and we received an email from Vivid Seats telling us to look out for our electronic transfer. That never occurred. I reached out to them the next three days leading up to today the 18th day of event. I sent 4 emails and was on chat with them daily. All the while they told me they’d be delivered. Earlier today we decided we were going to cancel our trip because we could not trust we’d have tickets to our event.

It was a good decision because we never were sent our tickets. After the event started I begin a chat to get a refund for our purchase. Danica their representative said we would get a refund and she was working on filing the report. I let her know that I did not want the conversation to be closed until I got an email confirmation that we were going to get a refund. She said, “give me a moment to file this report”. I waited then the next response was that she ended our chat and I did not receive any email confirmation that this report was filed and that we would get a refund. This has by far been the worst experience ever, DO NOT USE VIVID SEATS IF YOU WANT TO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR PURCHASE.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Customer Service horrible. I had to call at least 10 times and no one could help me to receive the tickets. Wanted to tell me I would get them 2 hours before the event. "Just keep watching your phone." WTH. I went from Florida to Vegas for the show and I should wait and see if the tickets come. They guarantee their tickets or money back supposedly but I don't believe you would have much success getting your money. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Purchased OVERPRICED TICKETS online, and they were not delivered, When I got to the Event, and still had no tickets delivered to me, I did get through to Customer Service. They put me on hold and THAT WAS THE END! I had to buy tickets at the gate because my grandson was coming. They have a terrible reputation for a reason!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Bought 2 different orders of parking passes on Vivid. First is cancelled because seller changed his mind and didn't want to sell them to me anymore. Got a 10% off my next order coupon. Vivid seats is horrible. They are going to charge that broker 200% who changed his mind and keep those profits for themselves after screwing me over - yet I only get 10% off my next order. Somehow they cannot send an order placed in the morning on a Friday for Saturday Delivery for a game that begins at 7:30pm the following day. Early Saturday delivery service can guarantee 9am deliveries and regular Saturday deliveries can also be guaranteed by NOON or 3pm depending on location. Many options. Refuses to listen and just wants me to use my fake pictures of parking passes. Unbelievable.

Other order is parking passes that are a picture of the parking passes on pieces of paper. These are 100% fake and will not be accepted. Vivid wants me to use them and get denied entry and will not refund the order. I should just accept the fake parking passes they sent. Does it make sense to anyone that you can take pictures of hard stock parking passes that take up 5% of a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper. Venue only accepts hard stock permits directly from the school - nothing else - no mobile transfer - no email or printable tickets. Only

Customer service sucks and does not understand what they are doing. A complete waste of time and effort dealing with customer service. Their defense of fake tickets/passes is just insane. Buy your tickets elsewhere. Vivid is one of the worst customer service experiences in tickets. Unreal and a complete joke. Vivid is pathetic!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

If I could give negative stars, I would. It is the day of the concert, just a few hours to go, and not only have I not received my tickets, but I have also not been able to get a hold of any customer support person. For the past few days I have been emailing and trying their chat without getting a hold of a single live human being. I called their customer support number this morning and was on hold for an hour and a half without getting a hold of a live human being. I gave up and bought new tickets through Ticketmaster (received my ticket barcode instantly) and contacted my bank to dispute the Vivid Seats charge, hoping I'm refunded since I paid for tickets I never received and have not been able to receive any help. Do not use Vivid Seats ever, for any reason.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Purchased ticket in May for a Sept concert. Day of show and still no ticket. Emails were never answered. The people on the page chat were great! Took about 20 minutes for anyone to answer it though. They were able to find out that the seller of my ticket didn't release his ticket and that I should have it by the time the show started or I would get a refund. I was disappointed!! I did another chat 2 hours before the show and again they reached out to the ticket owner. I finally got the ticket 1 hour before the show. I spent a lot of time trying to find out where my ticket was and was stressed out! I would not recommend getting a ticket this way.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

It amazes me that after all the backlash this company is still operational!! I had 2 horrible experiences!! First I ordered tickets to a show that was $400+ after waiting forever to receive them I started panicking and tried AT LEAST 20 times to get help and find out where my tickets were. Finally spoke to someone who assured me I would get my tickets before the event. I received them literally HOURS before the event and they WEREN'T EVEN THE TICKETS I PAID FOR!!! So my $400+ show ended up being over 1k because I bought a back up set directly from Ticketmaster with absolutely no issue. But of course because they sent them their so called buyer guarantee is void for any refund.

Next problem, I ordered tickets to a very small venue for an artist I've been waiting to see since I was a child! Show is in 2 days....still haven't received tickets. Tried a live chat to which I was told they contacted the seller but couldn't get ahold of them so I could either wait or get a refund but they could not replace them because the show was sold out...LIES!!! I went directly to the venue's website and bought another set of tickets and I'm praying that they just refund my money so I can be done with them. This company is reprehensible and should be shut down!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

This company messed up the electronic delivery of my tickets. They do not answer their phone number and refuse to refund the money. I wish I had read these reviews before buying. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and suggest that you do as well! What a ripoff!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Tried to called them to get refund for show get cancelled (COVID-19). Never never ever answer my call, just answer by robot and in circle. They ask us to email but they never replied. Just be careful. They ONLY responsible money IN, no money OUT when the event cancelled.

Vivid Seats Company Information