3.6/5 (1895 ratings)

About StubHub

StubHub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: May 5, 2022

Please don't use this ticket venue. Never got my tickets although they were guaranteed. Their only remedy because they tell you no other tickets are available as their delivery is last minute, is a refund so had to buy tickets from a different vender and pay more for last-minute worse seats. Took 5 days to get my refund so money had to be initially laid out twice. Learned that the penalty to the seller for not providing the paid-for tickets is that StubHub charges them the full sale amount on their seller's credit card.

So buyer is completely taking the hit, ends up paying more for worse leftover seats if they can even get them and StubHub makes the total sale price for those who used their site to be totally aggravated, cheated and inconvenienced. And had use of the buyer's money from the date they purchased their no-show tickets until 5 days post the event. What a scam gig. My younger daughter who buys many more concert victims than I informed me that stunning is widely known as a ticket scammers haven. Use TicketMaster!!

Original review: May 3, 2022

Bought tickets to go to a St. Louis Cardinals game on May 10th. Due to unforeseen circumstances I'm not able to attend the game. Called customer service to see about getting a refund on said tickets and just now found out that they don't do that. Basically of the tickets dont sell on the website again then I'm out 100 dollars, since they are a third party sell. Horrible customer service and the fact that they sold me the tickets on their site and cant give me the money they took from me is ridiculous. I wouldn't use this company again if my life depended on it. Glorified thieves is all this place is. I'd give it zero stars if this would have let me. I'd go through any other place than StubHub. Save yourself the hassle.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Please be very careful with this company as they are very unethical. They charged me for an order that I canceled and then turned me into collections. If you try and dispute it they will just turn you into collections. Worse company ever!!

Original review: April 29, 2022

I listed tickets on Stubhub. When they sold I went to transfer them. Ticketmaster had requested the tickets be printed and picked up but I requested they be mobile deposited. I sold the tickets on Stubhub and went to transfer them. When they wouldn't transfer I called Stubhub and asked them if they could help. She asked if I wanted to cancel the transaction. I said I would like to cancel it as long as the buyer or seller don't get charged a penalty. She said that there would be a penalty so I told her no. 15 hours before I was obligated to fulfill the order. Stubhub cancelled the sell and charged me $550 for not fulfilling the order.

I called Stubhub and told them I still had 15 hours to fulfill the order. They claimed that I said and confirmed that I wanted to cancel the order. This is 100% lie. It's on a recorded line and they wouldn't play it for me. I know exactly what I said and I said I would be ok with cancelling if there were no penalties on the buyer or seller. I had the tickets and barcodes before the expired time to fulfill the order but because Stubhub cancelled the transactions 15 hours before they were supposed to I got charged over $1,000. Come to find out the buyer disputed the charge and that's why they cancelled. Not because I fulfilled the order. They lied to my face 3 times to cover up the fraud. I would never use this company that over charges 10x face value and rips people off. They are absolute trash.

Original review: April 17, 2022

To add insult to injury, I still have two tickets for sale on their website and I can't get back on there. As the account was hacked. So I will have to re-list on another site which means their poor buyer will be out of money. I called my cc and they said "do not use the site anymore" so some poor buyer has paid StubHub for a ticket they can't use. I will have to email them myself and tell them to ask Stubhub for money back.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I purchased tickets on March 19 to see a show in DC in October. Upon checking out I was given an option to pay extra to protect my tickets and be able to cancel if I needed to. I purchased this protection since I was buying my tickets so far in advance, and the two tickets I bought are collectively close to $500. Today I found out that I have to be a bridesmaid this same weekend and though I was bummed to miss the show, I thought that’s OK I bought extra insurance for these tickets. Well, it turns out that you cannot cancel. StubHub requires you to resell the tickets yourself, with a lot of hoops to jump through, in order to try to get some of your money back and then when Allianz insurance is mentioned they inform you that Allianz is a different/separate company and you have to contact them about the insurance you purchased.

I brought up that the highest the website will allow me to resell my tickets does not cover the full cost of the tickets because there’s a significant portion of what I paid that’s just StubHub fees. I was basically told that I was ** and those fees are nonrefundable. Stubhub told me to contact the Allianz about my insurance. Upon contacting Allianz I was told that admittedly there is no explanation of what this insurance is when you purchase it from StubHub, but after you receive an email that has the coverage parameters in fine print, and you have 15 days to cancel. If you don’t cancel in that 15 days, according to Allianz, you are ** and it’s your fault for not reading the fine print.

They also said that they are not aware of how their company is promoted on StubHub‘s website (I.e. being prompted to pay extra for cancellation insurance without being told exactly what that entails). As far as I’m concerned both of these companies are scams. Unless you have the money to just set on fire in front of your face I would not recommend purchasing anything from either. They don’t care about their customers, and are lining their pockets via misinformation and misrepresentation. Save yourself the trouble and do not use either of these companies.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I purchased 4 Tickets on February 8, 2022 for an Event on April 28, 2022… It is now April 12th and I STILL don’t have my Tickets! They are telling me that They CAN’T get me the Tickets any sooner than 24-48 hour before the Event and I should get them no later than 10 am, April 28th (the day OF)! WTF?! These are E TRANSFER TICKETS!!!! What if, for some reason, the Seller falls thru?! Then I’m out an Event I’ve waited 18 years to have another chance to see?!?! NEVER AGAIN will I make another purchase thru StubHub!!!!

Original review: April 12, 2022

StubHub just stole $850 from me. CruelWorld sold tickets on my behalf without letting me know they sold the ticket. I didn't know this until AFTER I sold my ticket on StubHub. They aren't human. They don't listen. They refused to reverse the charge. So now the buyer has to rebuy their tickets and I have to pay $850. ** Stubhub.

Original review: April 7, 2022

I purchased 6 tickets in February for a performance on April 7, 2022. As of the morning of April 7 the tickets still had not been delivered. I called Stub Hub and they said they would investigate the tickets and call me back within an hour. I received no call back and called again. This time I'm told they can't fulfill the tickets and would issue me a refund in 5 days. I had to wait on the phone nearly 2 hours to get this answer from a Supervisor (who hung up on me once for no reason). These tickets were a birthday gift for my daughter and her friends. They sold tickets that didn't exist and then when I inquired they plan to keep my money another 5 days? This is a complete scam. They advertise the following guarantee, which obviously isn't true: "Buy and sell with confidence. Customer service all the way to your seat. Every order is 100% guaranteed." None of these things are true in my case. Stay Away.

Original review: April 6, 2022

When we purchased our tickets, we also purchased ticket insurance. It was our understanding we could cancel at any time. This was not correct. It was very hard to get through to Stubhub. Once we reached Stubhub, they kept offering to sell our tickets. As I kept saying no, cancel, Stubhub eventually informed us we had to go through an Insurance Company, Allianz. Then we could only reach Allianz during the week during office hours. The same hours we work. After getting some time off work, I called Allianz and asked for our refund. I told the truth, we have a conflicting date, and we were informed that reason was not a reason for a refund. So much for being honest. BOTTOM LINE: do not do business with Stubhub and never pay extra for an insurance policy.

StubHub author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

StubHub Company Information