StubHub

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We purchased tickets with StubHub to a Memphis Grizzlies game at FedEx Forum. We spend $355 on 4 tickets. Never been to FedEx Forum. I always go by the view they provide but this time got screwed. Picture shows seats way closer than where they actually were. Called customer service and they said it was just an idea where the seat was. What!!! I have used several times and the view is always pictured. Very unhappy and deleted StubHub and will never use again.

I ordered tickets to a professional basketball game, Washington Wizards, fairly expensive tickets. StubHub sent them via UPS. UPS claims they delivered the tickets but I never received them. Because of my credit card company request, StubHub did ask UPS to verify the delivery and UPS investigator says it was delivered. Neither StubHub nor the Wizards will do anything about this. I asked the Wizards to check to see if anyone is sitting in the seats for which I purchased tickets and they declined. My credit card company may make this right by refunding my charges but that is uncertain. What is disturbing is that Stubhub will not do anything more to make this right except for asking for UPS to check on delivery and only because my credit card company requested it.

StubHub sold me a worthless ticket and even forced me to go far out of my way to pick it up (I would have thought it was an e-ticket). No refund because the 30-day window for refunds is 4 days expired.

I regret I have not reviewed these complaints before I click enter on StubHub... and this is because when I asked them next day where are my tickets they said: "They will be provided to you few days prior to the concert which is end of May." Ridiculous isn't? However I gently answered "Please provide me tickets ASAP as I am the legitimate owner." They said: "No because we want to avoid frauds." Should I cry or laugh?

First of all this is against the law. Once we pay for the product it MUST be delivered immediately. Secondly, I could have store my 1000 USD for those 3 months and get some interest. Someone may say it is very few. But what if they sell the ticket the same way to 1000x users and store that money in the bank? This will be a quite nice interest profit. And thirdly, what if I decide to give those tickets to my relatives because I may be sick or my plans may change? To sum up. Never ever buy anything there!

StubHub you are nothing but scam artist and if you are thinking about using them, please don't! They overcharge you. I'm very pissed that I discovered this site and not in time to be scammed out of 3 tickets. I literally could have bought them from a different site except instead of 3 tickets which cost $101 I could have gotten 6 for that price on any other site. I can't believe I didn't shop around first. The only thing I can thank you for is now I know who to never use and definitely never recommend them to anyone. ** StubHub???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

On 3/7/17 I searched for best price for Art Garfunkel concert at Thousand Oaks Civic Center. StubHub said, "We've crunched the numbers to find the best value tickets for this event..." I purchased 1 ticket, thinking this was a discounted price. StubHub price $150 with fees $187.50. After I completed the purchase, the ticket is shown with an actual ticket price of $75 issued to MICHAEL **. Not anywhere before I purchased the ticket did it say the ticket may be HIGHER THAN ACTUAL PRICE. I called StubHub to get my money back and they basically told me how stupid I was to not know that the original ticket was from a third party who doubles the price of the ticket.

I bought a couple tickets at $80 a piece and now the tickets for the same section are about $20 something each. I contact them and demanded upgraded seats since I'm paying triple for what they are worth now and they didn't do anything about them. It is so disappointing and it's such a ripoff! They just blame it on the whole marketplace. That's BS! They should keep it fair and consistent for their customers.

A friend and I wanted to attend a concert. She said that's get them through StubHub. I normally don't buy through 3rd parties. So we went on the site. She said it's tickets on there. I went and bought a ticket and she can't get the other one that's for sale in the same section and sold by the same person. Why? Because now we have to buy both tickets because it's sold as two or none. I understand people want to sell their tickets. However the tickets should be sold separately. Very unhappy and now she don't have a ticket and I have one ticket that's most likely not going to get sold because it's one seat. Plus the tickets are overpriced. I'm not in to ripping off people so my ticket is for sale for less than what I paid.

I bought last-minute tickets to watch the soccer/football game between FC Port and Juventus Turin. I arrived on time at the place mentioned in an email. Contact person wasn't there, told me that he had left because, according to him, I was late (as I said, I was on time). Didn't even try to reach me on the phone before he left. I don't know what he did, could well be the case that he sold them twice or whatever since the way StubHub works you can simply sell tickets without giving them to the buyer apparently.

Customer service was also pretty bad. Took quite some time until they reacted and simply told me that "no refund will be given". There is no such thing as Fan Protection as advertised on the Website, no way of confirming that the contact person had ever been at the meeting place. Perfectly suited for abuse, you simply sell tickets and never have to hand them to the buyer. Sad to see that such practices work and are even supported/backed by companies like this one.

First time I used StubHub to buy tickets for a concert. I bought the tickets and they replied that had been a mistake and the tickets were not available. I asked for the reimbursement, and they paid me back CAD 42 less. Never deal with them again. Very disappointed.

On 11/1/16, I purchased 4 tickets as Christmas presents for an event in March 2017. I just printed the tickets today and realized I paid 120% of the face value of the tickets. I called StubHub to complain and they said they are a marketplace and don't monitor pricing. People can price the tickets whatever they want. I told them that I would never have purchased the tickets knowing the 120% increase but never saw the face value.

She said that is CORRECT, THEY DON'T SHOW THE FACE VALUE OF THE TICKETS YOU ARE PURCHASING. LEGALIZED SCALPING! What a rip-off! My only options are to use the tickets and take the loss or try to resell them on StubHub... hhhmmm... they already received a $95 fee from my original purchase. She said they would waive my fee if I jumped through a few hoops if I decide to sell them. I would feel terrible selling them to some other unsuspecting soul and ripping them off! Karma wins today... I can't be a part of ripping someone else off! Expensive lesson learned! Never Again will I buy from StubHub!!!

Worst ticketing agency ever. I signed in to my account and was unable to access a $200 egift card I had saved to my account. Spent 4 hours and 8 pages of Chat time to be told I would do better if I called someone in the morning. They told me I had to enter my credit card information even though I had money in my account on StubHub to use. This was wrong!!! I then call the next day only to go through a similar issue, having to give my credit card info all over again. I was told the tickets were purchased and I would received an email. I opened the email and followed the directions. Opened my account only to find I had no tickets!!! I ended up spending well over 6 hours to buy 2 tickets. I would NEVER recommend anyone using StubHub!!!

I used StubHub for the first time last year. I purchased 2 concert tickets to see Black Sabbath in Toronto. While it's disheartening to read the bad experiences some people have had with StubHub, I can only base my review on my one-time purchase. Based on the positive experience I had I will use their site again.

Fraud Facilitators. I really wish I would have taken 3 seconds to investigate the site before purchasing tickets. I fell victim to presale - scalped tickets. I didn't realize it until the day after and StubHub told be to get lost after several conversations with them. I paid double for tickets that were not even for sale yet, I hadn't realized that the vendor wasn't selling them yet. I will never ever buy tickets from anyone other than the vendor in the future - expensive life lesson.

I ordered 2 tickets from StubHub for the Kansas University basketball game on Saturday 2-4-17. When I bought my tickets the image from where I was going to sit presented a closer image than what I received. When I got to the game I found out I was sitting in the last row of the arena with a ventilation pipe behind us. Totally Disappointed on these seats and the process on how StubHub presented my seats. I KNOW STUBHUB HAS A DISCLAIMER on the image, but at least you can tell the customer that you will be sitting in the LAST row or show them exactly where they are sitting.

For the money I paid above the regular ticket price the value, and experience that I received was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Over $500.00 above ticket price, Ridiculous. I thought from the image I would have been 20 row closer. I am sure I won't hear from this company, but I had to let people know this about the process on how they present their services.

This company should be closed down. It's complete fraud and its business conduct is very unethical! I purchased tickets for a Premium League football game in the UK via their website. They had many tickets available all different prices. So I went for the higher prices ones expecting better seats. I was so excited and when they rang to confirm I couldn't wait. Before the phone call ended I queried the seat details so I could see where I would be sitting. This is when I know I'd be conned!

The ticket location was awful, the price on the ticket was 8x cheaper than what I paid and so I told him on the phone while confirming my details I didn't want this as I paid extra for a better seats. His reply was "Sorry" and then he cut me off! I couldn't believe it. I wasn't rude to him (In fact I was very polite) and that was the last I heard from the company. I emailed them many times and kept getting automated responses. I didn't want the tickets and I wasn't told what I would be getting until they took the money from me. I phoned their hotline and they have an automated response message on their answer machine saying they don't offer phone support. I'm shocked this sort of company exists.

As a first time buyer, I am so disgusted with how StubHub and any other resale company can allow people to resell their tickets to any event for almost triple the value of the ticket in the first place. I love how they back their seller but the buyer has to "deal with it" when they receive their tickets. I asked the Customer Support why don't they show the face value we are buying it for and let us decide then if we want to pay that much more for the ticket. It's a true ripoff and of course they are able to get away with it. I can see paying a little more for a come up but when I pay $245 for $120 worth of tickets, that stings.

Not everyone can get the tickets when they first come out for sale and these people take advantage of that. And yes the concert for Twenty One Pilots was sold out and we had no choice to get them from the website because it was promised to my daughter as a Christmas gift. They did offer to resell them at a cost of course! Never again will I purchase anything from them or any other site other than Ticketmaster because there's times when the place of the event does sell them. Definitely won't recommend them either!

I have bought tickets to hockey game and the time I went there, I was told that the tickets are below age 16. It was not mentioned on the website once I bought the tickets so I had to go all the way back, I didn't given a replacement ticket. It is such a shame for a company like that. I will never buy tickets from that website ever again.

I am a long-term StubHub user with over 40 selling transactions. I sold my Chicago Bulls tickets for the 1/17/17 game through StubHub and as usual I uploaded my barcoded tickets. On 1/18/17 I received an email from Kelly at StubHub. It stated my sale had an invalid ticket claim from the buyers and I needed to provide a scan report. I called the United Center and got a hold of a Manager. She said it showed the buyers entered but somehow tried to use the tickets again. She also said I did nothing wrong and provided the scan report, which I emailed to Kelly from StubHub. I had talked to Kelly prior to speaking with the Jacqueline from the Bulls, but she did not call me back as requested, after I emailed her the information from the Bulls.

To my great surprise I received an email from Kelly on Saturday stating that I would be charged back for the ticket sale plus a $53.00 service charge. I called Kelly, and while I was angry and upset we had a polite conversation. We talked for about 15 minutes - Kelly kept repeating herself that after an investigation I was being charged back for the ticket sale. She said the Bulls Manager was just speculating. She would not provide me with any other information but did say she was crediting me back the $53.00 service fee. I asked to speak with her supervisor or someone else at StubHub and she told me there was no one else to speak to.

I explained to Kelly that I uploaded the barcoded tickets and the only people who had access to the barcoded tickets were StubHub and its employees and the buyers. The buyers could have easily printed the tickets twice and sold or given away both or one of the sets. I have had no other problems in 40 plus transactions but it seems that I have just been lucky. I now realize that anytime a buyer wants to print and sell or give away several copies of their tickets there is a good chance that I won’t be paid. Wow!!! Who would think this to be possible?

I would seriously question whether people should use this site, at all--despite some transactions apparently working out for some--considering the fraud I personally know is associated with it & how they HANDLE that fraud. Here goes: Someone attempted to buy front row tickets to a game in Atlanta through them with our credit card, but luckily our credit card company was suspicious & contacted us regarding it. We denied the transaction, stopping it, and then contacted STUBHUB personally. The woman I spoke with seemed very intelligent and CLAIMED their company had "already caught" this fraud & stopped the transaction. Before telling me this she asked for information that made me very uncomfortable--claiming it was the only way she could look into it for me.

As I'd already contacted my CC and stopped the transaction and planned to close the account, I went ahead and gave her the information she claimed she needed to look into it. (The info could also help Stubhub in getting closer to being able to use the card SUCCESSFULLY for more fraud in the future, but it made sense that she needed the info to look into the situation--and as I was closing the CC account anyway, I decided to give it to her in order to find out who'd culled my card info--all good, IF SHE HAD DONE WHAT SHE CLAIMED SHE WAS GOING TO DO-report back to me on the information of WHO had tried to use the card--their IP address, location.)

The company said they would call me WITHIN 24 HOURS, and she asked for an email account "just in case" they could not reach me by phone. Well, that was three days ago and I never left the house--no call, and NO EMAIL. Should they call me tomorrow, I'll come back and update. The charge, almost $2,000 was attempted on Jan 18, 2017 and today is January 22nd. I should have received an email by now if this was legitimate, right? As it is still showing as pending on my CC account I verified just a few minutes ago with my CC company that it was indeed cancelled and the online status of my account simply had not yet removed it from the pending status on my account--they said it was. But nothing from this Stubhub company as they promised.

If this had nothing to do with STUBHUB, and someone simply stole my account info from a purchase elsewhere, why didn't Stubhub do what they said they would with the "extra information" they asked me for, and get back to me with this IP address and everything they claimed I would receive? It's smelling fishy to me.

Now, let's say they are totally legit and someone is simply not doing their job, and because I'd alerted my CC company that this was a fraudulent transaction and stopped it, they simply don't care and are not bothering to do their job--do you want to spend big bucks with a company that operates in this manner? I wouldn't, and simply wanted to share my first-hand experience with them to help you out in your decision about whether or not it is SAFE to utilize the services of this company. Good luck to you all, and thank goodness my CC company was on their toes and immediately alerted me to the transaction to verify whether it was a valid purchase--which it was NOT!

She wanted my name, address, telephone number, email address, card number and security code. Everything she needed to use the card for another purchase. If they try anything in the next five days, while we wait for my final payment to clear with the CC so we can close it, my CC company will know exactly where to look anyway!

Went on StubHub for first time ever, thinking it was a site comparable to Ticketmaster, etc. Bought 2 concert tickets that hadn't even been available yet to the general public in the hopes they would be great seats in the event tickets were sold out by time I could order. Bought 2 tickets for Section 300, which is up high, but like I said, I was afraid the venue would be sold out if I waited.

Well, general public tickets opened up today and I went on Ticketmaster to compare my awesome deal with what was available now... to find out I got hosed bad! The tickets I bought from StubHub were for Section 300, and on Ticketmaster the same exact section is going for HALF the price I paid!! I just got suckered out of $165 because StubHub allows folks to sell tickets at their price... ANY price. I'm beyond mad, but after calling StubHub was told they are sorry I feel the way I do but allowing people to sell for their own price is totally legal. UGGG... I will never use this site again and I hope you don't either!!

Filled out all the required information to sell a Super Bowl Suite in Houston, on the 50 yard line. Then I called their supposed "customer support" to get assistance listing a Suite with 14 tickets, 3 parking passes and a catering package. StubHub said I could list 6 tickets? I continued to tell them I'm selling the entire Suite, Parking Passes and Catering all included!!! Still they insisted I could only list 6 tickets? I have been selling tickets thru them for years and paying their outrageous fees too... No longer... They have very poor customer support and a lack of just good common sense? I'll pay that 15% sales commission fee to someone else. $300,000 x .15 = $45,000.00 fee plus the 10% fee they charge the buyer... So they just lost $75,000.00 in fees on one transaction... WOW.

I just purchased two tickets for the Atlanta v. Green Bay championship playoff game for $229.00 a piece. I paid for the tickets and received a confirmation afterwards that I would be able to print out the tickets shortly. I then proceeded to log into the StubHub account and couldn't get in. It kept saying that I was using the wrong password... An account that I just set up less than 2 minutes ago. Then my phone pinged an e-mail that my order had been cancelled for security reasons, so I called StubHub to find out what was going on and NOBODY could tell me anything. All the guy said was that some security department that they have cancelled the order and would be crediting my account within the next couple of days.

I then contact my credit card company to find out if there was an issue with my account and they told me that the account was in good standing but they did show that StubHub had reversed the charge. I was told that they didn't show why they did it. Confused and ticked off I went back to their site to see if the tickets had been sold... NO THEY WERE NOT SOLD BUT THE PRICE WAS NOW LISTED AT $386.00 ea. I would not recommend them to anyone ever!!!

If I could give negative stars I would. I was traveling in Spain and wanted to go to the Drake Concert in Amsterdam. Even though I asked them to send me the tickets to my Spain address they were shipped to my US address. They were unable to send me printable tickets and by the time the tickets were shipped to me express from the US they were delayed in customs and never arrived in time. The customer service end of StubHub was completely useless and it was a complete waste of my time and money. BEWARE WHEN YOU BUY TICKETS FROM STUBHUB. Their "Fan Guarantee" is a load of crap!!!

I see that I am not alone in my horrible experience with selling tickets for the first time on StubHub. I listed two tickets for sale to an event that I was no longer able to attend. They sold around Christmas and I was relieved to have them off my hands. Well, I uploaded the PDF to the buyer and less than 24 hours later StubHub had allowed this person to cancel their order because I failed to disclose these seats were side stage. Not only did my original purchase of the tickets from Ticketmaster not say it was side stage but I did not know this disclosure was a requirement for StubHub. There were many other listings with seats in the same section as mine that did not mention they were side stage. This is all aside from the fact that it is blatantly obvious that they are side stage seats...

StubHub gives the buyer a map that shows the exact location of the seats in the venue, where the stage is located in relation to the seats, and they even give you an image of what the view from the specific seats will look like. So now I'm being charged a hefty fee by StubHub for being "unable to sell my tickets." I was told that even if I re-listed them and tried to sell them again that I would STILL be charged this fine. Not to mention, StubHub allowed this buyer to receive my tickets! And THEN allowed them to cancel. So who wins in this scenario? StubHub. They get money if you sell your tickets but they get even more money if you FAIL. I'm done with this SCAM of a site. Never again will I ever buy from/sell through them.

I purchased 3 tickets for the 01/18/17 Packer playoff game. Right before the game, I sold 1 of the tickets. The 2 unsold tickets did NOT work at the gate! I called StubHub the next day and was assured I would be refunded in full. 4 days later I got an email that they were charging me for the third ticket. I called again, and was assured AGAIN I would be refunded the difference for that 3rd ticket that sold, as they were still fraudulent tickets. Now, a week later I still hadn't received that money back, I called and was informed they will NOT be refunding me the difference for that third ticket. They can't provide proof that ticket worked, yet I'm responsible for it?! WOW! I will NEVER go through this company again, and would strongly advise others to follow suit!

My girlfriend and I recently visited the USA and bought tickets for the Knicks game and also Matilda the Musical through Stubhub. Both went off without a hitch - only downside was that we couldn't get the Stubhub app as it's not available through our New Zealand App Store. Will definitely use Stubhub again!

I bought 2 tickets for the Red Wings game and they were $160 each, already way overpriced. I was then charged $81.80 in fees. I was told the fees are for handling, servicing and delivery and to keep the marketplace safe. It's all computers, nothings handled or delivered. I understand fees to keep the marketplace safe but that's ridiculous.

Bought 4 tickets to Redskins-Giants game. Tickets cost $676, but fees added an extra $183.24. Receipt didn't give breakdown, so I asked StubHub for details using their chat feature. They said mailing was $21 and the rest was "fees". I asked how the fees were calculated (eg a percentage, or set amount per ticket) - they said that they needed fees to survive and that the level of fees just depended on the event - ie no methodology. This feels very untransparent and expensive.

On 12/28/2016 at 4:00 pm I deleted a listing for tickets I listed for sale that did not sell. I then printed out a new set of tickets at 4:24 pm in order to go the game that was scheduled to start at 7:00 PM. At 4:31 pm I received a email stating my tickets had been sold. I immediately contacting StubHub to confirm the ticket sale as I had deleted the listing 11 minutes prior. I explained the representative what had just occurred and the representative advised me that the tickets had been confirmed sold and advised me not to go the game and that he would complete my sale to start payment. I then went home.

Later that evening I checked my StubHub account and noticed the payment sale had been cancelled. I again notified StubHub of what had happened and the advice I received earlier not to go the game, the rep stated he was going to start an investigation into the matter. I was then assigned an investigator from the Market Place Investigations unit who again took my statement as to what happened.

On 01/03/17 I was contacted by the Investigator who advised there had in fact been a software issue that was keeping postings active for sale that had been previously been deleted by tickets holders. She also went on to say however they were not making payment as the tickets were void when I reprinted a new set. I stated the tickets were printed after I cancelled the listing and was advised not to go to the game after their rep told me not. The rep never advised me to upload another set even after telling him I had a new set in hand.

This company admits fault and will not take responsibility for their faults, instead takes millions of dollars from buyers and sellers. THIS IS FRAUD AND MUST BE STOPPED. I encourage all who fell victim to this corporate fraud contact the CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE to file a complaint. This type of fraud cannot continue as we the hardworking people should not be paying to make this company rich by deceitful practices.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.
  • Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.
  • FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.
  • Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.
  • 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.
  • Best for StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Compare Ticket Websites