3.7/5 (1403 ratings)

About StubHub

StubHub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I purchased tickets for an Arizona Diamondbacks game on 09/17 at 8:30 am. Game was at 5:00 pm. Order confirmation stated that tickets will be available shortly. 3:00 still no tickets and I call and they say there is an issue and they can't get ahold of seller and cannot offer me alternate tickets, well ya you can't, it's 2 hours until game time. No call, no email nothing!!! Offers 120% refund as I have to buy more expensive tickets at the gate. Go to game and run into the seller, as our seats were in a section directly next to the ones we purchased from StubHub. I ask seller why they didn't answer the phone when StubHub called and he said, "Well if I want to go to the game and I didn't get a good price from StubHub or I can sell them for more money elsewhere, I just don't release them!" What the heck is this??

Fast forward to a week later. I get the refund, but only 100% of it. I call, get "disconnected" 3 times. Finally, a lady says, "We only give 120% coupon, not refund." Now why would I EVER order from them again. What do you mean Coupon?? Puts me on hold for a supervisor. You guessed it, 20 min hold and yep. Disconnected!!! Shady Shady company.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! They listed tickets for a music festival as 3 days passes but what I got was a 1 day pass. When I contact customer service for a refund I was offered 25%. They would not let me speak to a manager. I paid $368 and their refund offer was $73. They should be refunding the difference between what I paid and the price of a 1 day pass ($70) since that is what I got. I should be getting a refund of at least $200. They have the WORST customer service and they are STEALING money from people. NEVER AGAIN.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Buyer beware. We spent a significant amount of money for two day passes to a music festival and traveled over a thousand miles to attend it; on the day of the festival the tickets were never delivered. Contacted Stubhub customer service, they said the seller couldn’t fulfill the listing and they’d refund our money - in TEN DAYS. They do NOT stand behind the ticket listings as they claim they do. Will never buy from them again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

StubHub's technology worked fine ordering tickets for a St. Louis/Sam Diego baseball game on 9/21/22. Problems started as soon as I tried to access the tickets on my phone. The very next day StubHub would not accept my password. Then they would not let me change the password or even send me an email to get the process going. Things got so bad that my account was cancelled and by game time I not could not use or sell the tickets. Stub Hub just stole my money. Frustrated the hell out of me. Worst company ever.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They made everybody go into their accounts and re-select a default payment method for ticket sales. Their very own prerecorded message says once you do this, they'll process your payment "immediately." Needless to say, "immediately" didn't happen. When I called their customer service, I was told I had to wait 13 days. I sold these tickets 3 weeks ago. First, I had to wait for the show date to pass. Then it took them a week to tell me I needed to update my payment method. Now it's another 13 days. This company is a joke.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The event date was Sept. 15 Kevin Hart in Tampa Amalie Arena. I purchased 3 Tickets using Amalie's sitting chart section 315 row L. I bought the tickets back in April, received an email after purchased with the order # and a message saying I will receive mobile tickets in a separate email with instructions within 24-48 hours. I never received such email. I waited the 48 hours before contacting them. They say that I will get them closer to the event day. Call them back the day before the event and the representative tells me that the tickets were scheduled to go out at 4:00 PST (date of the event).

I was a hesitant because I am on EST 7:00 pm when the show is scheduled to start. She assured me I will have them if not to call them immediately and they will take care of it. ("customer service all the way to your seat") What a JOKE! Event day comes, drove a couple of hours in traffic to get to the Arena, $50 for parking and no tickets. Call them back as requested remember? ("customer service all the way to your seat") The rep asked me for the order # and email, well guess what - my email does not match the order number??? What??? I have called the day before, after I called her that VOILA she found it, after going back and forth I was told there was nothing they could do because they did not own the tickets but they will reimburse my money. I asked her when, she said she doesn't know because she has to send the claim to the reimbursement department, let's see how that goes. To be continued...

I suggest them to have measures in place to ensure customers get the product they’re paying for and eliminate their motto ("customer service all the way to your seat") because obviously, that is not true. I feel robbed and will certainly never use StubHub again. I urge you to purchase tickets elsewhere if you want quality assurance and decent customer service. Happy Birthday to me!!! I will post this experience everywhere I can.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I sold Kenny Chesney tickets on this site, their website states that you will be paid within 5 to 8 days after the event. It has now been 25 days after the event and they have failed to pay me. I have called 8 time and no one has been able to give me a straight answer or help me. When asking to speak to a manager they just keep you on the line for about 30 minutes before disconnecting you. I would not recommend selling tickets on this website.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I purchased Box seats from their site, using the seating map which showed box seats, description also said box seats. Once I got the tickets in the mail 2 days prior the show, they were not box seats. I called to complain & they said they would gladly replace them with another box & sent me a link to pick out the section I would like, so I did, as we chatted & confirmed my selection on the phone & an email confirmation before hanging up.

They sent me a return label (after having to call back once again to make that happen). Later received a few more emails, confirmations that digital tickets were coming for the new box seats I selected. Day of show still no tickets, called again & they said the seller cancelled, yet no notices at all to let me know this. Then, they proceeded to ask me yet once again to pick another box, listing several, I picked one, then, a moment later, ALL options they mentioned were gone & they were offering LAWN seats! Then, offered coupons! I saw one box open on the screen & she would not give me that box, I assume they were not willing to replace my box with a $1000+ box (not better seating) just more $ than they were willing to pay. I'm guessing that was probably the issue from day one, they had no intentions on ever replacing my box seat!

My girlfriend & myself both took days off work to attend, bought snacks, bags, etc for a trip that didn't happen. And, I wasted half my day & evenings on phone calls, always asking me to search my email boxes in several ways, as if I don't know how to use my email or aware of my incoming emails. Believe me, I'd find my box seat tickets if they were there!!! And, I was hung up on once, because I was upset & they didn't want to hear it. I was lied to over & over that tickets were coming, that I could have anyone transfer my call to them...all lies.

Now, I've asked that my money be returned, they said it must go through a review for god's sake, that could take 8 - 10 days! Really? Review how much they screwed me over? I'll be back on here again if they don't give my $ back!! Never again folks...If they really wanted to make good on their screw up they would have seen it through. You should not have to continually call back over and over to stay on top of them to make sure their promises happen....which didn't, a complete waste of my time.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I recently used StubHub to sell a parking ticket to an event in July 2022, it is now September 2022 and I still have not been paid. StubHub claimed I did not have a default payment method saved in my profile. I created this default payment twice according to the site instructions, no payment. I called their outsourced customer service in early August 2022 to inquire about my payment, they still claim I have no default payment on my account. I once again entered a default payment and still no payment from StubHub.

I call again September 2022, customer service did find my account and verified my default payment method, I ask then why no payment? They promised payment will be in my account the next day. StubHub was once a premier secondary market for buying and selling event tickets, I used them exclusively, unfortunately this is not the same company, fees are excessive, customer service is spotty and getting paid for sold tickets is hit or miss. I will no longer use or recommend StubHub for any event ticket purchase or sale.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I purchased tickets on StubHub for the Alicia Keys concert next week at the Greek Theater that indicated the tickets were in the PIT section, which is at the very front, by the stage. The listing clearly indicated that the tickets were in the PIT zone, yet when I received the tickets, they were at the back of the venue, not the front. I spent over 1-1/2 hours on the phone with Stubhub and was hung up on 6 times before I got someone to finally tell me that they could not reverse the transaction, even though the tickets were purchased based on a misrepresentation advertised on the Stubhub website. I asked several times to speak to a supervisor, but was denied.

I will dispute the charges with my credit card company and hopefully the charge will be reversed, but there is no excuse for the behavior of Stubhub's employees answering the phones, and the failure of a supervisor to even take a call. I have photos of the website where I bought the tickets and the misrepresentation of PIT tickets. This is a warning for anyone buying tickets from Stubhub, which apparently is owned by Ebay and affiliated with Ticketmaster. They don't stand behind the representations made on their website and they don't appear to care if you don't get what you bargained for. I would not have purchased these tickets if they were not in the PIT area. Stubhub doesn't care. Good luck if you do business with them.

StubHub author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

StubHub Company Information