StubHub

88%

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

1,416people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with StubHub:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

The worse ticket buying experience in my life. Originally told on Dec 18 tickets would be mailed to my selected address and delivery preference which would arrive no later than Aug 12th. Message came Aug 1 tickets seller would now contact to deliver tickets before concert. I kept a copy of every document from these gentlemen. Snafu, I'm not in States. I don't have the phone with the US sims card with me from Dec. My better half who was to bring the tickets was to be flying out right after the 12th. When I called StubHub at first NEVER was I able to speak to the seller just agents. I left my new number as StubHub says seller must contact me. Seller never called the new number in Europe. Never sent an email, never reached out first. Now it's 24 hours before a concert which I have flown half way around the world to get to see, a concert I still have no tickets, and no contact from seller.

So I called StubHub back after much time on phone. Got a number from them for seller. Called him several times and left messages with no response from the seller. Finally he picked up and informed me when he got to the concert city and determined a place to meet he would set up time and make arrangements. Seller was to call me back the next day with the details on the day of the concert before 11 am. Of course he never called to set up time. Didn't answer when I called him at 12:30 pm nor 2:30 pm. Finally 3 hours before concert I got him to answer the phone a second time. He directed us to meet at the lobby of a hotel which to our surprise he was not even registered. So we and others arrived to meet him in a hotel lobby and he was not there but was late by 10 minutes and the show was to start in 35 minutes.

When he arrived he proceeded to send us with a runner to walk us into the venue because as he explained our tickets were "paperless" and we would be scanned inside. At the venue we were rejected from entry as not valid. Runner then ask us to walk back to hotel to retrieve another card to scan which should admit us. OK 109 degrees outside in Phoenix so let's go for a second walk now on concrete and asphalt. We and another couple refused. The concert was to start in 20 minutes at this point. The runner returns now with paper tickets? WHAT!!!! Our bonus is we get to wait in line for long admission queues for a second time. I spent several days trying to obtain my tickets, long distance charges from Europe, wasting time on the phone worrying if I was going to miss a call and did I just waste thousands of dollars. NEVER NEVER NEVER use this site.

Let talk about the 10% fees were actually charged to my card at a rate of 20% when all was said and done. IMO a good lawyer could have a field day with these people in a class action suit. We got in, we saw a wonderful concert and the trip ended on a positive note which was a huge surprise after what STUB HUB put us through. Neither I nor the other couple were aware of anything stating this was a third party sale. The most unprofessional ticket sales I have ever experienced. NEVER AGAIN.

I sold Drake/Future tickets and received an email on 8/12 that I would receive payment via PayPal but it could take up to 5 days. Cool no problem... until I check StubHub's website and it says "$0.00" for processing payments... HUH?? Check my PayPal account on 8/17--nothing. So I do a chat w/ StubHub and the rep says "oh I apologize for that, your payment wasn't TRIGGERED" whatever tf that means... so she had to manually "trigger" this payment and now I have to wait ANOTHER 5 days for my payment.

They didn't even offer a faster method of payment seeing as though it was THEIR FAULT. They charge such high outrageous fees anyway. This is the last time I will sell on their site, I'd rather stick to Ticketmaster or TickPick for resales. BTW, for any of those looking to BUY tickets, do not use StubHub, they are all markups... scalpers' best site (if they aren't going through what I just went through). If you want tickets at face value you will need to search other sites not resale sites. Anyway... lesson learned!

I will never, NEVER, never use StubHub as a buyer or seller ever again! Let me preface this by saying that I am not a typical seller. I'm more of a buyer. I am a music junkie, concert addict, and this was a newer experience... or now known as a very hard, difficult life lesson. I chose stubhub because they claim to protect both the buyer and the seller. I bought some concert tickets many months before the actual event, in San Diego, which is two hours away from me. Due to it being one of my favorite bands, and they had no scheduled closer shows at the time, I bought them. It just so happened they did eventually announce closer shows to me and again, I bought those tickets.

July rolled around and I decided to sell the tickets to the San Diego show since it was further away from me. I chose stubhub thinking I was safe (boy was I WRONG). I thought everything went without a hitch... that is up until 2-3 weeks following the show when stubhub emailed me telling me that the buyer couldn't gain entry and that I had 48 hrs to get a scan report and explain why is it this happened. A) What?!? B) How the hell should I know? C) I'd really like to speak to someone directly because this just makes ZERO sense to me.

Following this email, I replied with a response of just pure confusion and so much worry. I reached out to the venue in San Diego (as asked by Stubhub) and spoke to the manager there, who was extremely helpful (to be clear this helpful person was NOT stubhub) in educating me on all the ways one can be thoroughly ** scalped even on stubhub.

She mentioned this has occurred quite a bit, and that it is possible that since I sold my tickets on stubhub via PDF, that it is impossible to trace how many times they are printed. When I asked how I'm supposed to explain this to stubhub, she said it would not be far fetched that a buyer bought my tickets, printed them a few times and either A) sold them to other people who gained entry before they did (trying to scam others and failed) or even B) that the buyer had friends try to gain entry after they already got in or gave the tickets to friends and then they tried to get in, making it look as if they themselves didn't get in somehow.

Let me explain. That scan report that stubhub is asking for provides VERY little information. It just shows 4 people tried to get into the venue, what time, and where. From what I understand two people came in, and about 15 minutes later two more people TRIED to get in but failed. How this happened, I don't know. I sold these tickets once and only on stubhub. Now I have to pay the original selling price I sold them for on stubhub, a fee to stubhub (the price they say that goes to buying tickets for the buyers to get into the venue despite not getting in with mine (?)) and not mention now I'm losing the original cost I paid for the tickets because I didn't go. Essentially I paid for tickets over and over again so that 4 strangers could see show they didn't even have to pay for!

I sold my tickets ONCE on a supposedly trusted website (HA!) and stubhub could care less about it. When I phoned them after receiving emails upon emails (I wanted to speak to someone to understand this situation and how something like this happens) I was met with the most lackluster, careless demeanor. I called it out and said that it felt like they didn't give me the time of day to "prove" I wasn't a scammer. She glazed over my statements and essentially said they've done their investigation (in 2 days?!?) and they've got to side with the buyer and basically take their word for it.

No understanding or compassion that I'm getting totally and completely screwed over. I guess in the end if you're a buyer you're golden, especially if it's PDF tickets. You can claim whatever you want, if you're a slimy, p.o.s. who has no problem lying and saying you didn't get entry when you did. You can get a free show and totally screw over a complete stranger and never have to even deal with the unjust mess that you've created. Must be nice to be the middle man stubhub. Just collect all the money and not care which is the right and wrong party. Never again will I suggest or give my business to stubhub. Leaving this comment as negative as my bank account will be!

I wound up buying a ticket for a concert from a third party, which I was not aware of, stupid me, and was charged twice the value of the ticket. No, I didn't read the disclaimers, I assumed it was just another ticket company that sold tickets directly from the venue. I have vowed to go on every review site I can find to warn people about this company. I think it is a fraudulent model. They do not offer refunds.

Purchased tickets for Paul McCartney concert the day they went on sale, found out the hard way that scum buy up the tickets and sell them on Stubhub to unsuspecting idiots like me. I didn't realize this practice went on, I believed the prices of tickets were the way it is. Found out I was paying for preowned tickets the hard way. Stubhub channels you to these tickets so they and the scum rip you off... So this is a warning to anyone considering buying tickets... Check that you're not buying PREOWNED tickets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

I bought a ticket to Lollapalooza 2016 for Friday only and I received it from the seller 2 days before the expected date. I also was able to track my process the whole way. The price was fair. I got into the festival without a problem. I was really nervous based on the other reviews and happy that everything worked out. I've used StubHub twice now and have been happy with both experiences!

I bought two tickets for camping and general admission to the Lumineers at the Ommegang Brewery. StubHub sent me two camping only passes that said they were not valid unless accompanied with a general admission pass. I called customer service and they initially told me there was nothing they could do. I had to prove to them on the website what I had purchased. Then finally after an hour gave me my money back. Totally terrible experience and terrible customer service. Wasted hours of my life I'll never get back. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company.

A friend of mine bought the tickets for a unique Radiohead concert in NYC. Long story short, couldn't get in for the life of me! Double sold. The others checked in 30 min before the concert (warm-up band) even started. So one trip to NYC for nothing - check. No concert - check! No money - check! Did I mention they were 3x more expensive than the price written on the actual ticket? Even the band (Radiohead) was so angry with all these scalpers that they wanted to cancel the show when the tickets were sold out 1 minute after they were up for sale on Ticketmaster. All these websites (especially Stubhub) are in cahoots with the scalpers and making profit out of people who only wanna see a band normally.

I sold paper tickets on StubHub. When I went to upload them I was told I could not upload scanned pdfs. I offered to drop the original tix off with the buyer (who lives a few miles from me) but was told to mail them UPS instead. I dropped the tickets off at a UPS shipping depot. But they did not arrive in time with the buyer. Now I have no tickets, my account has been charged a penalty, the buyer can't go either. StubHub may reimburse me the penalty, but I'm still out the cost of the tickets. I wish I had just sold the tickets on eBay or Craigslist.

I bought baseball tickets about a month ago and my credit card co cut off my card and said that it suspected fraudulent use of my card. So after contacting StubHub to see what happened I got a snarky woman who said there never was a charge and that it was my credit card's fault. So shame on me for buying tickets from these guys again!!! And the same thing happened!!! They charged my card twice!!! They tell you that there never was a second charge. They call it a "failed purchase" that was voided. But believe me... It shows up on your statement as a CHARGE and a REFUND... Not a "failed charge" and a "void". I asked the guy... "How can you void the purchase if there never was a purchase to begin with? You don't void things that don't exist!!!" DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

So, I went to order tickets for a local football game this fall but the price of the tickets was about the same price as the fee. Why would someone ever pay double for tickets?

I went to StubHub at the last minute to buy tickets for an event that was scheduled for that evening. Found 2 tickets and went to purchase them. After paying for the tickets, I went to download them and seen that they were not available to be downloaded at the moment. Tickets stated seller has until day of event to upload the tickets. Well it was the day of the event and tickets were not uploaded. Spoke to StubHub and they told me that sellers can wait until tickets are sold before uploading but most sellers upload right away.

After getting the runaround from StubHub I finally got a refund for both orders but yet the seller isn't out any money and they kept his order in tacked because they said it is not his fault. Now I get that entirely but StubHub should CLEARLY state (which they do not) if certain tickets are not uploaded yet that way the buyer can know that if they buy these tickets they won't be available right away. I suggested that and appreciated the refund but now I am out and can't go to the event because there are no more tickets and not only that, I won't have my refund right away! Last time I use StubHub!

I purchased 2 tickets for a very important concert for my husband and I 6 months away. We bought them on Stubhub almost twice more than the face value. After a couple of weeks, StubHub contacted me to tell me they were sorry but the person who sold their tickets to me didn't have them anymore... Consequently, since they didn't have any of the same VALUE on their website or in Get Me In (the only other website they are allowed to substitute) from only for the same price you paid for them, they had no choice but just refund me!!! This nasty experience cost me an additional £100 in order to replace the tickets after I received the refund. They HAD tickets for the same event and same seating available, but the sale prices were too high for them to substitute (about 30 more). This in my eyes in UNACCEPTABLE, and I will never buy from them again.

The ticket I ordered originally was held up in delivery by national holiday falling on the day of the event. I contacted customer services at StubHub and was given a ticket of better or equal value, on a downloadable ticket which I printed and it gained me admission to my desired event. Most excellent customer service. Satisfied customer.

My son wanted to see Phish for his 21st birthday and we realized that the tickets were sold out. The tickets are usually $45. He really wanted to go so I bought him a ticket on StubHub and it ended up costing me $161.10. This is a colossal ripoff and I will never again use StubHub for anything. StubHub takes gross advantage of customers and I urge someone in the business world to come up with a better system for resale that doesn't line the pockets of a corporation and rob music fans.

After viewing many seats I found a view that displayed no obstructions. I paid more for the seats than I usually would as I was bringing friends from out of town to the game. They were very excited to see a game. To say the least, the seats were terrible. We had 3 seats and in only one could you see home plate. Let me clarify. You could see the batter not the ump or catcher. The other two seats could only see an I beam. How sad. I even spoke with a customer representative asking for seats with no obstruction and asked about the seat I viewed online. I was assured there was no obstruction. Felt bad for my friends. Shame on you StubHub for intentionally misleading a well-meaning customer.

I attempted to use the website to sell tickets. For two days it would not upload the information. Then I am required to either take payment by PayPal or payment by check. I do not have a PayPal account nor do I want one and should not be forced to open one by a website. Further payments by check can be made by bad checks so that is not a good option either. This information should be posted clearly before I wasted my time. I will not attempt to use this site to sell again nor will I use it to buy.

I bought tickets for EDC Las Vegas. The event is on Friday (I bought the tickets 3 months before the event) and I won't get tickets till Wednesday, two days before the event. It works for some people but I want my tickets earlier than that. I used their sell option to resell the tickets, and I took a $30 service charge. I thought the original seller will send it to the new buyer but nope, the tickets is going to my address so I have one day to get the tickets to the new buyer. If I don't get it on time I'll be paying another fee. I had ups redirect the tickets to their last minute pickup center. I lost a lot of money going through this whole ordeal. Their system doesn't work. I'm never using StubHub again.

I typically do not write reviews unless I am angry. However I am trying to give back and StubHub deserves a good review. I was purchasing my tickets for Euro 2016. My tickets did not arrive via UPS even though UPS confirmation said it did. I called StubHub and emailed. They called me back and tried to get me new tickets. Unfortunately, the venue was sold out. They gave me a full refund on my Visa. The fellow, Mitch, on the phone was super helpful. Although I am SUPER sad I do not have tickets to the game, I am still hopeful I will score some tickets at the door in France.

I am travelling from Canada to visit Europe in general, but catching a game would be a cool experience for a Canadian. I have used StubHub for many NFL and NHL games and never had an issue. I prefer the direct download so I know I get my tickets. I have ZERO trust in the FedEx and UPS system. But, Euro tickets were hard copy only. So I took my chances and lost, but I don't believe this was the fault of StubHub.

I sold 2 tickets on StubHub on 5/17/16 and am owed $270. The site says payment will be made to my PayPal account within 5 business days but I have received nothing. When I didn't receive payment, I called them on 5/25, and they acknowledged there was some problem, pretty much blaming PayPal, and said I would have payment by the end of the day. Nothing happened. I contacted them again on 5/27/16 via their chat feature and the rep said that I had to wait ANOTHER 3 to 5 days because when I called on 5/25 they had to cancel my first payment processing. And why is that MY fault and why did the previous rep say I would get my money by the end of the day on 5/27??? This second rep via chat actually PROMISED I would have my money in 3 to 5 days. But here I sit with no money.

In addition, while their site shows that I sold the tickets, it has never once said in their payment processing section that they are processing a payment to me. It says there is no payment being processed. I have purchased and sold tickets on StubHub in the past and never had any problems. Based on the reviews here and the number of others having problems either with selling or buying tickets from StubHub, I will never use their site again. I have one ticket left for sale there and I plan to remove it.

Had never used this site before. I bought tickets for a concert in New York, 3 months in the future. Noticed somewhere after that it had a "guaranteed ship date" of 2 days before the concert. We all buy stuff online today. They give us a ship date, most times it gets there early. I just assumed that the seller had the goods and they would be coming in a reasonable time. Ended up, couldn't go. Went to resell the tickets on StubHub. It was asking me to ship them. I contacted StubHub, found out the dirty truth. If the buyer doesn't agree to the fall for the same scam I did, then they are going to charge me 20%. Thing is, this could be a scam, won't know until 3 months out.

I purchased what I thought were unobstructed seats. The picture on their website showed a clear view. We had a pole that was right in the middle of the left field scoreboard!!! $360.00 and a sore neck from leaning over to see the pitcher!!! Infield Terrace Reserved Preferred 224, Row 11 | Seat 103, 104, 105.

The worst experience of my entire life. Ordered 3 day pass tickets for bayou country superfest and when they came in the mail it was only for one day. Called the customer service and there was nothing they could do for me. Really?!? Wasted 450 dollars for nothing basically. I will never order from StubHub ever again.

Stubhub is a complete ripoff. My husband plans a super awesome getaway to Vegas, for he and I, after returning from a 7 month deployment to include a set of JLo tickets and what we thought were going to be super amazing seats, not so much, but you would think for the price my husband paid the seats would have been at least "enjoyable". Not only did we realize once the ticket was printed that the original price was $169.00 each and we paid nearly $500.00 each, we had to stand almost the entire time of the show and it was still hard to see JLo's performance; the couple next to us actually left because they were unable to see anything at all. Who would have thought sitting center and only a few rows from the stage that it would require you to stand on tiptoes to see a performance?

I bought Playoff tickets for Game 4 Lightning vs. Penguins for Friday May 20th for my Fiance as a surprise birthday gift. The day of I downloaded the tickets and to MY SURPRISE, the tickets read Wednesday May 18th. I IMMEDIATELY contacted StubHub and they simply replied there was nothing they could do for me. I spent over 300 dollars and there was NOTHING they could do? ARE YOU ** KIDDING ME??? So I ended up eating the tickets, didn't get to go to the game, AND WILL NEVER use this website again. They do not care if information is accurate nor will they do anything if YOU the buyer gets screwed over.

I tried to use StubHub to sell some tickets recently. I'm not a professional ticket broker, I simply had something come up and was unable to go to the event. I specifically requested that the tickets not expire until the date of the event. Much to my surprise I received an e-mail that the listing had expired, days prior to the event. When I contacted customer service, they acknowledged that the mistake was on their end, but they were completely and totally unable to fix their mistake. Complete incompetence and that incompetence resulted in my having to eat the tickets. Very unhappy with my experience and will never use StubHub again to sell or buy tickets.

I purchased tickets for a concert in Sept. this year, and on the listing it did not say limited/obstructed view until I had paid and downloaded and printed the tickets that say obstructed view!!! I just spent over $500.00 for 4 tickets for my daughters bday - WTH??? I called and they said what others on here are saying - cant help, the universal circle with line through it for them means opposite what it means to the rest of the world - it doesnt mean NOT, it means IS or DOES!? Someone needs to file a lawsuit against these clowns as reselling is my only option and if lucky will get half! NEVER USE STUBHUB!

StubHub seems to have very accessible, but extremely poor customer service, especially in regards to accurate and timely delivery of payment. StubHub still owes me about $800 (for an event that occurred last month and with an original payment processing date that was also about a month ago). There is very little alignment across their departments, as I have been told several different things by different representatives. Additionally, they have very apparently made clerical mistakes on an alleged check that was sent out - ex. incorrect payee on the check, no addressee name on the mailing label - which they not only failed to take accountability for, but also have not followed up on. Despite their "FanProtect Guarantee" statements, I have no idea when and if I will ever receive my reimbursement, but hope that this serves as a fair warning to anyone who is considering using StubHub for their ticketing needs!

I went through StubHub to purchase tickets for a concert. When I reviewed the tickets before purchasing they DID NOT say limited or obstructed view. When I got the tickets they said limited or obstructed view. I contacted StubHub immediately but they said there was nothing they could do for me. Really! All they did was offer to resell them at no charge. No good service at all. I will never use or recommend them for use ever again. What a crock!!! Thanks for nothing Hector. Left me no choice but to contact my back on dispute the charge. What a waste of my time.

I was attempting to load four $50 gift cards to buy Sf Giants tickets at 8:00 AM on Mother's Day morning. I figured easy no problem... well not easy and a big problem. I entered the horribly long gift card # and pin # over and over again and could not get them redeemed. So then on to customer support at StubHub?! So like a typical 800 number I talked to someone for 10 minutes, to the be told "I will transfer you to someone else" who then wanted me to take a picture of all the gift cards and email them pictures of the cards! Now I've got 45 minutes wasted trying to load gift cards. I had to hang up and spend an additional $200 on my credit card and I now have $200 in gift cards for StubHub that I still can't use. :( StubHub website user interface is GARBAGE. Thanks StubHub for making me spend $400 fo $200 seats!!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.
  • Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.
  • FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.
  • Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.
  • 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.
  • Best for StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Compare Ticket Websites