Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.69/5

925 StubHub Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased tickets for the BTS concert on May 11th 2019. When the seller sent me the Email to send the tickets to my Ticketmaster account I kept receiving an error message saying, "OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG." Ticketmaster simple told me since it was a StubHub purchase they could not help. I pointed out that the error page was a Ticketmaster issue and was told since not enough people have complained about it, it was not important enough to look into.

In comes StubHub customer service, literally for days they tried everything to correct the problem. They had the seller send me the ticket email numerous times, they called me daily to see if I had any success. They called Ticketmaster on my behalf, they went so far above and beyond that I was truly amazed. Never in my life has any company gone out of their way as StubHub did for me. They even planned to make sure I had tickets no matter what. The communication was not only by phone but followed up each time by email. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Now for my back story, only a couple people I spoke with from the service team knew that I am waiting for a double lung transplant and that this may be the very last concert I can attend with my daughter. I myself am a huge BTS fan so having this moment with my daughter meant more than everything to me. I hope and pray that I will have another opportunity to see BTS in the future, and I will never buy any ticket from anyone except STUBHUB. I want to personally take this time to thank each and every customer service employee, you are amazing. Have a beautiful year, hugs!! Michele

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Last week I got the urge to go to the Elton John concert literally just days before his Portland concert. StubHub was the only source I could find. Bought two pretty good tickets. When we arrived at the gate we were told the tickets had already been scanned and were no good. We were directed to the Ticketmaster ticket office where they confirmed the tickets had been already scanned. They gave us a toll free number to StubHub customer service. The service agent that answered our call took our information and then immediately passed us onto a fraud agent. He was able to confirm our tickets where invalid. He suggested we get back into line and he was going to forward us new tickets, which he did.

He then stayed on the phone with us until we had been scanned in and on our way to our seats... and the seats were awesome! Better than what we had paid for, and more money but I wasn’t charged any additional. I of course had to “visit” our original seats which was filled with some tweakers that looked a little worried when I told em the Stubhub cops where looking for the people the tried to defraud them and me and it was gonna cost someone the price of my upgraded seats. Thank you very much! Overall they did what was necessary to make sure we made it into the concert and had good seats... Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I bought my boyfriend Toronto Maple Leafs tickets - Sec 120, Row 2. This was for his birthday. To be honest, I was extremely nervous purchasing these tickets because they're SO EXPENSIVE, almost double the retail price and there were a ton of negative reviews and I was afraid I'd get fake tickets and get denied at the door. My best friend purchased tickets from StubHub before and told me they're pretty legit and never had a problem. I took a huge gamble on these and bought the tickets for $500 each. The day of the game, I was literally shaking in fear and prayed the tickets were real and they would scan properly and thank God THEY DID!

My boyfriend had the best time at the game. We were so close to the rink and the player's bench, we even fist pumped each player as they were going in and out of the rink. Thank you seller/StubHub. We had such an incredible experience! For anyone thinking of buying tickets from StubHub I would still be a little bit careful only because there are sellers out there that scam people which is unfortunate. But the good thing is StubHub provides their customers with the Fan Protection plan meaning if you ever run into any trouble with your tickets they can either find you a replacement OR a refund. So there's that to consider. Good luck!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used StubHub 3 times. First time was for BTS in Seoul. I was still in China so it was a slight hassle. I was quite worried that I would not get my tickets in time 'cause I had to go to Seoul. (The hard copies will only be sent to the original buyer a week ahead to lessen the chances to resell, so that's why). In the end I got a mail, asking to provide the address in Roman characters as I put it in Chinese. Afterwards, they recommended me to pick them up at a point near the venue because of Chinese customs taking often too long. Well, that's what I did. No issues at all and got my shipping fee back in a few days. Second time, for BTS in Seoul again, also just picked up my tickets, as it was the following day already.

Third time was a mess. Tickets for the BTS exhibition (I think you can guess by now I'm a fan of BTS). Basically, you had to show your ID and confirmation to get the actual tickets. I got the ID scan as well as the confirmation, but staff refused to give me the ticket, 'cause reselling is forbidden. Messaged StubHub, and they said I needed proof of rejection. Staff didn't want to help me, because what I did was wrong. (Fair, but too many tickets were scalped so I couldn't get one in the proper way). I told StubHub I couldn't get a proof of refusal, but they kept saying I had to in order to get the money back. They said an e-mail of a refusal of giving a proof of rejection was enough.

Well, if they don't want to help me at all, they would just ignore me anyway, is what I was thinking. I was on holiday, didn't want to spend too much time at that moment trying to get it, but before I was home and tried to e-mail them, I got my money back already. I guess Stub realized I spent over €800 on their site, so why would I suddenly make up a story about not getting in at a €22 event, rather than a €400 event. In the end, they even gave me a €22 voucher for further purchases. So although it was a hassle the last time, I'm very satisfied!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I was visiting in Cincinnati and bought eTickets via StubHub that were supposed to be emailed to me by the date I bought them for a FC Cincinnati game the next day. I opened a chat with StubHub and they immediately got in touch with me and tried to contact the seller who did not answer. They assured me if I didn’t have the tickets in my inbox by noon the next day (day of game) I would get a full refund or equally acceptable tickets provided by them from their guarantee. I was worried and nervous. Still no tickets by noon the next day so I opened another online chat and immediately, the StubHub rep apologized to me, could not get in contact with the seller of the tickets (he/she would not answer the calls), and so the StubHub rep offered me 2 options - a full refund, or comparable tickets.

Since I wanted to go to the game I first asked to see the comparable tickets. Within minutes I was offered center field, better-valued tickets than I had purchased (I had bought 3rd-row sideline, these were center field, row 31 - about a 10 dollar difference in price). I took these and these were delivered instantly to my inbox. Throughout the conversation I was always given many apologies from the StubHub group. I would give this a 5 had my original seller not fallen through as I still had to go through the stress of ‘no tickets’ originally. But I wanted to write the review to provide proof that there are no issues with the 100% guarantee! Thanks StubHub.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: July 15, 2019

I listed tickets, totally valid for a Broadway Show, but they cancelled the transaction because though I had a mobile receipt, the actual tickets needed to be picked up and after they cancelled the transaction they charged me double what the tickets cost. It said in their policy you do not need to have tickets in hand, so since the tickets were 100% valid and easily accessible, I was not clear what their requirements were, as I had never listed with them before. When I tried to talk them after I saw what they deducted from my account, they were totally rude and unhelpful. TERRIBLE customer service. I understand charging fees but they took an unauthorized $180 out of my account as a penalty. I received nothing, sold nothing and paid $180 to them for nothing.

Original review: July 13, 2019

It was my first time to purchase concert tickets last March because it was for BLACKPINK. I bought 2 tickets for me and my friend for Blackpink Melbourne - General Admission June 13, 2019 and paid the full amount of $1167.76 including shipping fee to NZ. I got an email stating that I will receive the tickets June 7. It was fine with me and was very happy and excited. Last June 5, StubHub contacted me to offer a change in the category of the tickets I bought for the reason that “seller has communicated that the tickets selected are no longer available”. From General Admission, StubHub offered to change it to Lower tier, section 7 row G (right side of the stage and is already almost side view) and was much cheaper. Since I had no choice and was panicking already as the concert was already near, I decided to accept the offer.

On June 6, StubHub replied that Lower tier, section 7 no longer available, as the seller sold it elsewhere (What the heck?!!!!). They then offered me another ticket from another seller - Section 12 row J side view, (left side of stage) with AUD 150 partial refund. Was very frustrated and annoyed but still decided to accept the offer as we were already running out of time. Our flight was on June 10 and we needed to get the tickets before we fly to Australia from NZ. Stubhub then replied: “Thank you so much for the acceptance, the new tickets will be electronic, and they will uploaded by the new seller. We also have proceeded partial refund of AUD 150, to the same method of payment when you finalized the the purchase.” - I DID NOT GET THE REFUND UNTIL NOW.

On the same day (June 6) StubHub sent me another email stating: “We will contact you shortly to let you know that we have returned $106.25 for the ticket(s) of type General Admission corresponding to the event BLACKPINK Melbourne that you bought from StubHub. You will receive this amount in your account within the next few days.” - I STILL DID NOT RECEIVE THIS REFUND UP UNTIL NOW.

Because StubHub changed the paper tickets to e-tickets, they sent another email on June 6 stating: “We will contact you shortly to let you know that we have returned $46.92 for the ticket(s) of type General Admission corresponding to the event BLACKPINK Melbourne that you bought from StubHub. You will receive this amount in your account within the next few days.” - I DID NOT RECEIVE THIS AMOUNT TOO UP UNTIL NOW. StubHub finally sent 2 E-tickets on June 6 (with TICKETEK logo. Should have just bought it from Ticketek directly) for the Section 12 row J side view. Each ticket was only 203.50 Aud as shown on the tickets.

Last June 21, I sent an email again to StubHub to follow up the refund. Luciano from StubHub replied stating: “Regarding your query, we will investigate it with the finance department. We will be contacting you as soon as we have news.” But it has been more than a month and still no refund and no update from them. Today, I sent them another email to follow-up the refund because I needed the money badly and am still waiting for their reply. My experience with StubHub is just the worst. Very poor service. I am very frustrated and will HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND it to my friend or other people. If you want to be ripped off, buy from them. If anyone from StubHub reading this, I need my refund asap.

Original review: July 13, 2019

StubHub is charging me 925$ because the buyer claims these tickets are not valid. These were bought on TicketMaster and I have sent in the receipt and now I am waiting for the venue to open again so that I can get a scan report. However none of this makes a difference because if the buyer is a scalper and has sold the tickets they bought from me multiple times then the scan report will show that it has been scanned many times which "proves" to them that I sold invalid tickets. So the buyer then gets their money back and they get to keep the money they made from selling those tickets multiple times! Ridiculous.

Original review: July 12, 2019

DO NOT USE STUBHUB. There are numerous others reliable ticket sites out there. StubHub is horrible. I did not receive my tickets and they were useless in helping. I called 5 different times and no one could help. BUYER BEWARE!! GO ELSEWHERE!!

Original review: July 8, 2019

I purchased the tickets for my wife´s Birthday and in the day of the concert I realized, that the tickets must be registered to correct name, as Ed Sheeran is strictly against re-selling tickets - this I realized just because there was an article after first concert, which was day before. We tried to contact StubHub, they just assured me, that the tickets are certainly valid, anyway, we have "fan guarantee". Later today, I contacted them with more details, that probably we cannot attend it and StubHub again assured me, that it will be OK... bla bla bla.

So finally we went to the event and after security control, when we wanted to enter to the "stadium", they wanted to see our ID cards and did not allow the entrance, as there is different name on ticket and as they respect anti-fraud re-sell, I write now this review instead of enjoying the Ed Sheeran concert... And StubHub? Doesn´t responding - **. :-(

Original review: July 8, 2019

I purchased the Celine Dion tickets for London and scheduled my trip from Canada so that I attend this event! I'm at the concert for and the StubHub team informs me that they are out of tickets and that they can't do anything to help me attend the event. I had purchased my tickets early enough to be guaranteed entry and how StubHub handled this issue was unacceptable.

Original review: July 7, 2019

We purchased tickets for Peter Frampton for July 5 Montreal Jazz Festival morning before the show. Good seats 1st balcony 1st row. Received an email confirming the sale and telling us will receive tickets via email on day of show. Drove from 2 hours away to Montreal that afternoon. 2 hour before show contacted StubHub to confirm no tickets as of yet. They were very reassuring and I said would call back in a hour if no notification came in. Called back 45 minutes before show and was sent new tickets. The new tickets turned out to be 5 rows back centre stage!!! This was my first experience with StubHub and was obviously elated. Heard stories over the years (good ones) but to experience was a rush!! Great show and great night!!...

Original review: July 5, 2019

I paid them 4,500 euros for a ticket to the 2019 Champions League final, the biggest event of my 63-year-old old life. They followed up the next 3 weeks with emails, saying things like “only a week to go, are you getting excited!” Then, just three days before I was flying from Bangkok to Madrid, when everything was booked, they phoned to say I wasn’t going to get the ticket after all. The prices had soared to even crazier levels and the ticket holder had opted to sell it for more elsewhere. I was distraught and yelled down the phone “for god’s sake get me another ticket. I’ve booked my flights and hotels!” The girl replied: “We can’t, I’m sorry.” And that was it, conversation over.

The flights and accom were non-refundable so I went over anyway, spent the whole 3 days before the game running around Madrid pestering ticket touts and anyone who would listen to try to get one ticket but by then the cheapest were fetching 9-10,000 euros, way out of my league. Long story short, Stubhub honored their pledge to refund my money and later sent me 1,500 euros as compensation, provided I promised in writing not to sue them. An American businessman friend said they’d never be allowed to get away with this in the US – they’d have had to spend whatever it took to find me another ticket.

The compo they sent me covered my flights/expenses but it’s hard to explain the absolute distress this whole episode caused me – flying halfway across the world, only to find I was one of several thousands, tearing around begging for a ticket. I finally tried my luck outside the stadium and got to 100 metres from the ground, where police on horses swept us all away and out of sight. It was truly ghastly. Why the rant? These people lied in their follow-up email, saying they had done all they could to find me another ticket. Even worse, their entire business practice is based on promising tickets they don’t have in their possession. THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

I don’t mind reselling websites onselling tickets for whatever price the ticket-holder wants to charge – I really don’t. But it is disgusting that they can willfully offer tickets they don’t actually have and can’t guarantee delivering. They should only be allowed to sell what they have in their hands. Yes, they compensated me – but it doesn’t go anywhere close to making up for the enormous stress they caused me and a trip of my life that became a nightmare. The law should stop websites like this from operating. I’m sure they’re not bad people but be very wary about buying from them if the event is popular and prices are rising.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I deleted a ticket sales listing. A few days later, I received a notification that my tickets had sold. I tried to explain that I no longer had the tickets and had cancelled/deleted the listing online. I received no assistance from customer service. I then had a charge of $182.60 on my VISA. Terrible experience. I'll never use them again.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I sold my Blue Jays tickets on StubHub. They said my payment was transferred to my account. I never received the money. They told me there is nothing they can do about it. No investigation or anything. Just that they can’t help me. I can’t believe how ridiculous this is. These guys are scammers. Be aware.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I bought a pair of tickets. The service fee was 40 bucks, but because i was buying 2 the service fee is charged per ticket. $80 before you even buy your pair of tickets... I calmly reached out to StubHub to explain that the customer should not be paying 2 SEPARATE service fees for ONE TRANSACTION. They fed me a line about how that goes towards making sure you get genuine tickets from the seller and bla bla bla. So for instance if you buy 4 tickets be prepared to shell out $200 just in fees!!

The icing on the cake is that if you were to buy 4 tickets for instance, they will charge you 4 SEPARATE TIMES FOR SHIPPING! EVEN THOUGH IT IS COMING IN ONE ENVELOPE! These people have the audacity to charge you the cost to ship 4 tickets individually even though they are going to be shipped to you all at once and in a single envelope. You guessed it, the pair of tickets i bought? I am getting charged for 2 separate shipping fees.. They wouldnt waive one of these charges either, they said it is part of their fees. Meaning they acknowledged they are just pocketing the other half of the shipping charges. NEVER USING STUBHUB AGAIN, THEY ALSO DID NOTHING TO MAKE IT RIGHT.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Bought two tickets a month ago through StubHub for my 91 year old grandmother. Spent 891.00 and when they got to box office they said tickets were no good. Apparently StubHub is saying that Caesars denied ticket because they didn't get their cut of money. Or is it StubHub scammed me! Buyer beware. I would not use this company for anything. Buy from box office and you will be guaranteed to get a seat. Will follow up when corporate office calls me to to tell me why the tickets were denied. I have no faith in a company that lied about getting original tickets. The face value on ticket were 120.00 a ticket and I paid 899.50. What a absolute joke. All they could do was say sorry. Well sorry is not good enough.

I have read reviews after this altercation and it seems I'm not the only one this has happened to. Where is the honor or bond by your word. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Absolute train wreck. I am so upset buying these tickets for my 91 year old grandmother for her bday. Now I feel like complete **. Way to go StubHub. Your company is a complete piece of garbage.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Purchased ticket weeks in advance to assure we got a good deal. Landed great seats almost in the very front. Day of the concert comes and no tickets. StubHub can’t get a hold of the seller so offers us replacement tickets that are HORRIBLE! Basically in the back. We had no choice but to accept or not go and we had already drove 5 hrs to be there for our anniversary. 10 minutes later the tickets are back on the site for INSTANT DOWNLOAD. We call and they basically tell us, "too bad." After some arguing they say “we will give you your fees back at least cause we understand.”

I said, "Whatever. At least I get 60 bucks back." Well... they raised the ticket price. So when they submitted the refund they got their 60 dollars back cause they put the ticket were 50 dollars more than we originally paid. We had screenshots of the original cost however and will now be making a 3rd call to them. They are just dirty POS’s that don’t care about the customer at all. If you want to just pay for ticket and get the tickets and go to your concert and be done with it DO NOT GO THROUGH STUBHUB!!!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

I advertised two tickets for a cricket event in England. On June 8th, 2019 when I did the listing, there was no mention of, you cannot sell child ticket. I listed the two different face value of the tickets. Clearly indicating that adjacent tickets are for one adult and child. Here is details of the event: #**. 2019 Cricket World Cup - Bangladesh v India Tickets. The ticket was sold and apparently buyer complained to StubHub that one of the ticket was a child ticket and in Alcohol free section. Now, StubHub is asking me to buy these tickets for the buyer. This is clearly StubHub who misadvertised to the buyer on what I was selling.

Here are unethical behaviors from StubHub:

1. Now, they have introduced a new option post June 8th, mentioning that child tickets cannot be sold. This was not there before.

2. I had chosen alcohol free and now they are saying it was not chosen.

My ask from them is, to give me the committed price buyer agreed to buy.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We paid for two tickets to a country concert series - 8 concerts. We were sent two tickets to the first concert and they were for the wrong venue and date. When we called to straighten it out, we were there were no longer tickets available and they would have to cancel the order and refund the money. Very disappointing since we planned a whole summer around the concert series.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Bought tickets using StubHub a week and a half ago for the concert last night (06-21-19). Upon arrival to the gate the lady scanned both tickets and told me they were already used. She kindly explained that this has been happening and I needed to call StubHub. I agreed and she let me stand on the other side by her as I called versus putting me at the back of the long line. After being on customer service for nearly 15 minutes (already missing the opening act...), the guy on the other end of the phone call said that he found another set to send me to my email address. I got them and he said he would stay on the line as I went through. As I told him I'm getting ready to go back through he hung up on me. (Maybe miscommunication?)

After I told the lady at the gate that I received a new set she promptly scanned them and told me they were invalid. After already wasting so much time getting another set. I recalled back to customer service and explained that I was already sent another set and that I'm finished with StubHub and want a refund. Now they have to investigate my case and will get back to me instead of just issuing my refund immediately like the first guy on the line offered to do. Missed the concert, time getting off work early, and driving to the concert only to be disappointed. Put a pretty bad taste in my mouth and won't be using StubHub again. Regardless if I receive my refund or not.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Purchased tickets for the Cubs vs White Sox game on 6/19/19. I ordered 15 tickets and spent over two thousand dollars to have the seats I purchased. I was guaranteed to have seats that were all together according to their website. When I placed my order the first time, they cancelled the order due to the amount. I had to go in and reorder the tickets after they realized I was not committing credit card fraud. This meant that I had to go in and find the seats I had originally ordered with the help of a sales associate. Our group gets to Wrigley Field on game day (6/19/19) to find out that we were not guaranteed the seats we had chosen and that it was a FREE FOR ALL!!!! I am so pissed! If that were the case I would have bought just a GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET and saved a lot of money instead of paying more!! Pretty upsetting! Never again will I go through this company again!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I bought tickets to a Washington Nationals game that was rained out and postponed. I cannot make the rain-date and my only option is to resell my tickets. People who purchase their tickets from MLB.com may exchange for different dates or receive a refund. The problem with the StubHub model is that all responsibility is owned by the buyer for "acts of God" even though StubHub makes a hefty commission on each transaction.

In fact, until I argued with customer service, they intended to charge me a service fee to resell the tickets I can't use. Then they "magnanimously" agreed to waive the service fee when I made a stink. Still, there's no way that I'm going to recoup the cost of my tickets (two at $30 a piece) plus the $16 service fee. My recommendation to StubHub is to take some loss yourselves and provide more flexibility to customers in these situations. I believe there's no chance that StubHub will change their policies. My recommendation to y'all is to never use StubHub for events that are prone to postponement unless you have a completely free calendar.

Original review: June 18, 2019

For some reason, the ticket I sold was used prior to when the supposed buyer attempted to enter the concert. The app was acting up the week prior, so I emailed the person several times from my personal account. StubHub charged me $139 and never heard my side of the story. They pretended to do an investigation, but just charged me. I called customer service twice and left voicemails to try and resolve the issue. I also emailed. Not once did anyone hear what I thought happened. Now I have to waste time fighting the charge. Once they charged me, customer service left me out to dry.

Original review: June 17, 2019

My son purchased expensive concert tickets thru Stubhub at a late date and was emailed that there was a red flag and tix were cancelled. When he got the email (over weekend so didn't read until a day later- day of concert) he re-purchased the tickets at $40 over original price. Stubhub took no responsibility, wouldn't refund difference and he was out $40 bucks! Totally inflexible and BAAADDDD Service. Will not use them again!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I purchased 2nd row seats to see Kinky Boots. I was able to get into the venue, but soon found out that the entire section where we were supposed to be seated did not exist (probably 100+ seats). The venue ended up seating us in Row Y towards the back of the theater. I called Stubhub to complain and to try to reach some resolution because I would never have ordered seats so far back in the theater. They would only offer a $17 refund.

I asked about their FanProtect Guarantee, which guarantees that you will receive the tickets you ordered or something comparable/better. The rep said that I did receive the tickets I ordered, I simply didn't receive the actual seats that I ordered. Apparently there is a difference. I'm not unreasonable - I know that glitches can happen and I did get to see the show. However, $17 off for 2 tickets did not seem like fair compensation.

Anyway, I tried to escalate this to a manager but she told me no managers were available and that they would just tell me the same thing anyway. In addition, Stubhub continued to list seats in the same non-existent section for the 3 Kinky Boots shows that occurred after the showing I attended. They literally had dozens of seats listed in that same section and barely anything else in any other legitimate/existing sections. This seems kind of sketchy, like someone knew there was a glitch in the ticketing system and was exploiting it. Stubhub should have removed the listings after I and probably many other people complained.

I have never filed a credit card dispute because I have always been able to go up the chain of command at a company's customer service in order to fix problems. However, this option doesn't seem to be available at Stubhub as the only people I can talk to are powerless customer service agents. This left me no choice but to file a dispute in order to get this resolved.

Original review: June 16, 2019

We ordered a parking pass from them and instead of sending us an electronic version like a normal company they sent it UPS to the wrong address. They also charged a 50% fee on top of the cost of the pass.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I made a purchase on StubHub where the online tickets available stated a specific section, row and seat number. When I got the tickets they were general admission. The customer service department was unhelpful in finding any resolution or admitting any liability in the misleading sale. I am very disappointed in my experience. It was my first and last purchase from StubHub.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I GIVE THIS SITE A NEGATIVE 5 REVIEW!!!! This was for a June 6, 2019 Detroit Tiger game at Comerica Park in Detroit. I paid $266.04 for 2 tickets. I could never get the tickets to appear on my phone app. I called on Friday, June 5, 2019 to notify them that I could not get them to appear on my app. A guy with a foreign accent said that it must be my phone. I asked him to email them to me and he said he couldn't. I asked what options. He said that they could cancel on their end and I could repurchase. I reluctantly said okay.

Once he cancelled them, he wanted my debit card number. It was then that I realized I didn't have enough money on my debit card because, I would not be refunded for 48 hours. I became very frustrated and this guy became very rude and condescending. I decided not to lay out another $226.04 to end up with the same result. My order # was **. BUYER BEWARE OF THIS RIPOFF SITE!!! The only reason I gave it a 1 star was because it wouldn't let me enter this review without marking one of the stars. THIS SITE DESERVES A NEGATIVE 5!!!

Original review: June 8, 2019

My friends and I decided to pool some money towards Raptors tickets for game 5 of the Warriors/Raptors game and thought it would be cool to attend such a crazy playoff game. For anyone who understands the significance of this, it was really disheartening to hear that after midnight (Quite a while after the Raptors win which led to game 5 being the potential last game for the Raptors), StubHub contacts me and says there is a security issue with my Raptors tickets on a guest account.

I open the support email immediately as I receive it and upon explaining that I had purchased the tickets with no issue etc. the "Live Assistance" provider told me that he would connect me with the trust safety team of StubHub. However, this team responds "within 24 hours" and when I asked if my tickets were still locked and held for me (Since I purchased them and had no issues on my end or my bank's end) and he alerted me that they were re-listed into the selling pool. It is disgusting to see that this happened only after the Raptors won game 4 and StubHub apparently had no issue with my account until the tickets tripled in value.

This was not an issue with my bank as I have done several high volume payments before and my bank/card never bounces or has problems with transactions. I had even contacted my bank after my live chat with StubHub and they alerted me that there was no concern for fraud on their end and this was an issue with the StubHub security team. I am unsure if StubHub is attempting to scam clients in games where ticket prices are volatile and relist tickets for a higher price because I have literally no understanding of why they would "temporarily lock" my account and then instantly re-sell the tickets at three times the price. I hope people see this and make better decisions before buying high-value tickets to playoff sports outings and events.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs