1.15/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 23, 2017

557 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Purchased tickets for an event months before the event date. Waited around to receive them... Still hadn’t received them 5 days before the event so I rang up and they said the tickets are now unavailable, they then managed to find me replacement tickets and even refunded me the price difference between the two tickets which I thought was great, until they then phoned me the day before the event to tell me the replacement tickets are now also unavailable... They refunded me the full amount but how awful to allow things like this to happen TWICE in a row, I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This is a review for StubHub Argentina. I tried to buy 2 tickets for a Coldplay Concert. I used a payment method called MercadoPago (the only one available on their website). The transaction was put on hold pending an authorization from MercadoPago that can take up to 48 hrs. A lousy standard for digital times, especially when processing a simple credit card transaction. It is deceitful to offer tickets for a concert that starts in 24 hours subject to a process that can take up to 48 hrs. Of course I never got the tickets. The chats and helpdesk are even worst, no one ever answers and if you call the call center they just answer that they are there for selling tickets and then they hang up. This company policy is a complete disregard of the client, it's like they are doing you a favor in selling the tickets. Their business motive screams “It's fine if you like it, If you don’t go someplace else”. So that’s what I will do, never again buy anything from them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I was selling tickets to a concert that only had mobile ticketing. I listed the tickets and they sold, then I found out that I had to have prior approval to sell tickets and there was no way to deliver them to the buyer. Because of this, I was charged $56 to my credit card. It's absolutely insane that I was charged for a mistake I didn't know I was making, and now I'm out the cost of the concert tickets AND a penalty fee. I couldn't attend the concert due a breakup and now I'm even more upset and out a lot of money. Do NOT sell tickets through StubHub, they have very unfair 'red tape' policies!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

StubHub ripped me off... they gave me the wrong tickets for an event I didn't want and absolutely refused to refund my $117.99. Now not only am I out $117.99 I am stuck with tickets for a band I have never heard of before. This was my first and LAST time ever using StubHub and I will tell every single person I know to never use this place. They steal people's money. The people there are so unbelievably rude and they STEAL people's money. ** StubHub.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I posted 2 tickets for sale on StubHub. I had 14 other tickets to the event. The tickets had not sold by the time I was on my way. Once I arrived, 2 of my original tickets could not be scanned. We were told that they were voided because they had been re-printed by another party. I realized at this point that my tickets had just sold. My friend decided to leave (his GF was not coming) and the rest of us entered the venue. I went to the seats that I had posted for purchase to verify the tickets had been sold. I met the purchaser and saw his printed tickets.

Days later, I was paid by StubHub for my sale, and almost immediately, they took the money out of my account, claiming the purchaser had not been able to use his tickets and was denied entry to the venue. I spent over a month trying to make StubHub understand that they were conned by this purchaser. I sent proof in the form of photos, videos and email conversations to show that this person was lying that I made a legitimate sale for which I needed to be compensated. Not only did StubHub not grant me the money, but they charged me an additional $160 penalty claiming that I inconvenienced the buyer!

I tried to go up the chain of command but the rep, Dominique at Marketplace Investigations, refused to listen to grant me access to anyone else. I went to my bank to try and fight it through them. They contacted StubHub and were told the same lies, that the buyer was not granted access (I had proof he was granted access) and that my 2 tickets were actually used by me. Both statements are false and StubHub never showed any proof of such activity, while I had tons of proof. My bank said it was beyond their capacity and that I had to deal with StubHub again. I tried repeatedly to have someone at StubHub actually review my proof, evidence, facts, witness statements and photos and video to no avail.

I've never had such a frustrating experience. I lost hundred of dollars on my tickets and was charged a penalty because the buyer conned StubHub out of charging him and they refused to see it. I'm assuming they stuck to their decision in order to save face. Otherwise, I cannot explain the unprofessional, unethical and unfair treatment I received from Dominique **, Dustin **, Kaitlen **, Rebecca ** and the entire claims support department at StubHub. Suffice it to say, I will never sell or purchase tickets through StubHub. I heard their reputation was awful, but now I know firsthand!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I purchased Lady Gaga tickets 5 months in advance. I was told I would get an email confirmation and tickets will be delivered UPS. They never processed my order so I never got tickets. I was very upset and verified with my cc company that they did not charge it. I went through the purchase tickets providing my cc information. I am putting an alert on my account because I am questioning why they took my info, then did not process. Now I get stupid emails with the caption "Released:" (like they released my tickets) -- yep. I will NEVER use this site again. Makes me really mad that I missed that concert over their phony fake crap.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM STUBHUB IF THE SELLER HAS NOT UPLOADED THE BARCODE! We bought tix for game 7 World Series on StubHub 3 weeks before it even happened. STUBHUB let the seller get away with reselling our tix at a higher price. The seller was allowed to do this because the seller had not yet uploaded the barcode. When my husband called to report that he saw his seats he already paid StubHub online they said they would "look" into it. They never took his posting down. My husband called back 5 hours later and they told him at this point the seller has done nothing wrong "yet". They said he had until 12 midnight the night before the game to upload them!

They gave him way too much time!! Thus was allowed to sell at a higher price and we were offered other seats. We were so stressed. We gave StubHub 4200 dollars! Our money was tied up for weeks with no tix. Then sure enough he sold them for higher and our sale was finally cancelled. They released our money but not before begging us to take some other seats that were of less value. This practice is allowed because they give the buyer back all their money and charge the seller. They charge the seller 40 percent plus our fees. It makes them more money but caused the buyer grief headaches and stress! Never again! I repeat don't buy tickets unless barcode has been uploaded!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I sent StubHub $2,200 worth of ACL concert tickets and either UPS or StubHub lost them. Since StubHub is considered the sender (because I used their mailing label), UPS won't even talk to me about the lost package and StubHub says nothing. Beware of using this service and know you are putting your tickets at risk.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have used StubHub numerous times without any issues, but unfortunately one bad experience ruined it. We traveled across town to see a concert for my girlfriend's birthday, paying top dollar for a sold out show, and high Lyft rates. When we went to scan our tickets for entry, we were told that the seller had already refunded them, which meant no show for us. StubHub refunded me the cost of the tickets but for the huge inconvenience, I expected any other fees associated with this horrible experience to be taken care of, along with a future credit in order to make things right, and keep my business. I will forever share this experience with anyone looking for tickets and highly advise people to avoid StubHub at all cost.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My credit card was skimmed and the thief used it to make thousands of dollars in charges on my card. I dealt with 3 vendors. All but StubHub gave me the details of the person who made the charges. Why would Stubhub protect the identity of someone who make fraudulent charges to my card? Idiotic. It was extremely difficult to get through to anyone to speak about the issue - Finally I got through to someone via the chat service. Stanley (from chat) totally understood what I was reporting and what I needed, but was unable to assist me because it was handled by another team. He got someone to call me immediately. Prior, I got in touch with one CSR told me there was nothing she could do since I did not have the email address of the account used to make the purchase. Yes, of course I didn't because these were fraudulent charges.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Purchased StubHub tickets 6 month earlier for NFL Seahawks game Visitors Side Section 108 Texas vs Seahawks. Two days before game, I was told the tickets are not available. They offered me a refund. I was very upset. Finally after 12 minutes complaining to them they offered 25 percent discount coupon (promo coupon) of the ticket price and Section 110 same row (10 sets over). Stay away from StubHub. It took 12 minutes before of heavy stressful argumentative talk before StubHub finally capitulated. Do not let them push you around.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

When planning my son's 21st birthday all he wanted was to see a soccer game in Paris. We found tickets several months in advance, and since I bought them through StubHub I was not worried. Huge mistake! First they were scheduled to be mailed to my house in the US and arrive 1 day prior to us leaving for Paris, which made me nervous. After several unanswered emailed, I finally received an email converting my tickets to etickets. When we arrived in Paris, we found out that our event had been changed to 1 day earlier and missed the entire game!

Since the tickets have no date, I constantly checked the website, which still said the 28th, up until the minute they were playing on the 27th their website was wrong. When I emailed, all they said was "Sorry" our website can be wrong. I entered the international chat room, and got the same response. I understand that events can change which is out of their control, but the website is under their control and responsibility and it is what many consumers rely on. WARNING!!! Customer service is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Bought tickets for a concert two weeks from the date of, immediately after purchasing (within 10 minutes) I realized I had purchased them for the wrong venue as the website makes very little effort to provide you with any information other than the name of the concert. Upon realizing my mistake, I contacted their customer service to have my ticket refunded or exchanged for the representative told me I'd have to go through a three day process just to hear from an agent who could assist me, and told me that no refunds are possible. Any other ticket provider will give you a much better service than this platform, avoid it if you can.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Do not use StubHub International!!! I used StubHub to purchase tickets to a soccer game in Mexico City at Azteca Stadium. It was the America vs Chivas games originally scheduled for September 23, 2017. Then Mexico City had the devastating earthquake that caused a rescheduling of the event. I immediately contacted StubHub before I left the United States on my trip to Mexico City.

Explained that I would no longer be able to attend the rescheduled event and needed the tickets refunded. They said the only option was to resale the tickets. So I requested they immediately place them up for sale. A few weeks after my trip I received continuous e-mails from StubHub Mexico asking if I wanted to sell my tickets. I continued to respond immediately saying yes I want them for sale. 4 days before the newly scheduled event I received another e-mail that said my tickets were still not listed and asking if I wanted to sell them.

I immediately called StubHub explaining my situation. They refused to help me because StubHub US does not deal with international events. They gave me multiple e-mail addresses to send feedback and request my tickets be sold. I never received any responses. So now I am out more than $600 because of something that was beyond my control with absolutely no support from StubHub. I will NEVER use this website again, even if it is the only site selling tickets to the event I wish to attend. Do not use them! Worst customer service experience ever and the loss of money makes it far worse.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

This week I had a very upsetting experience with StubHub. I purchased tickets for a show this Saturday. I bought the tickets from StubHub in May. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for them. Over the weekend I got a phone message and email that the tickets I purchased were invalid. I call first thing Monday morning. The gentlemen on the phone was nice and said they would re-issue tickets of the same or better and that they would email them to me.

On Tuesday morning I still have not heard from anyone. I called Tuesday morning and they said the seller gave us the wrong tickets for the wrong day and they will find me other tickets or get my money back and will email them to me. No email Tuesday so I called again. After talking to the person on the phone telling me they offered me new tickets, worse than the ones I had. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I spoke with the supervisor for awhile, and we agreed on different set of ticket, and he gave me 1/2 my money back.

I was grateful and appreciative. He emailed them to me and I printed them out. Wednesday night I get a message, "The tickets you purchased are invalid." REALLY! I thought it was a mistake. So I call again and it is true the new set were invalid. After more long conversations with the phone rep and supervisor. They refunded my money. I asked for someone from the corporate office would call me in the morning so we could discuss my situation, and he said, "No one will call you. We don't do that." This is the short version of my situation, but after explaining what happened to a different person every time I called in I am exhausted. I rarely write reviews, but I don't want this to happen to another person. This was a terrible experience.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Ordered last minute tickets to NCLS game 4 from StubHub as a gift. Selecting location, price, etc went fine on their site. Payment process went smoothly. The only glitch is that tickets weren't available for about 3 hrs, which wasn't really a problem but a little disconcerting for finalizing travel plans. Tickets on app were accepted at the game and everyone had a great time. Although many of the following reviews are negative and, honestly scared me a bit during my wait between payment and delivery, I would not hesitate to use StubHub again. In hindsight, would price shop a little next time but seemed easy to go with a well-known company and prices were in the range I expected. Overall, based on my experience, no qualms recommending to my family or friends.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I bought tickets for a football game. A gift to my husband and son for their birthdays. They are both big fans. Have never been to a game. I have always wanted to get them tickets to go found these on StubHub. I spent $145 on them! After I received them in the mail I noticed they have student ID required on them. Called to find out what I can do about it. It was not posted very clear on the site. Obviously I would not have bought them otherwise. They were absolutely no help at all!! They told me to try to sell them again. Chance of not selling them and just losing out on my money! So now I'm stuck with two worthless tickets! And no gift for my husband and son because I spend all that money on worthless tickets, that they will not help correct! DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I sold a ticket on SH recently. The only ticket option available was ticket in hand, although my tickets are electronic (mobile ticket). I didn't think much of being able to 1. Change it to electronic by calling customer service or 2. Advising the buyer of the great news - no mailing needed, I can send the ticket to you electronically. I was initially stomped by the tone of the SH reps who sounded like this may not be possible. HUH? Who wouldn't want their tickets electronically vs in the mail shipment? Still not realizing, I go about my day. SH calls me this evening to say the buyer DOES NOT WANT THEIR TICKET ELECTRONICALLY and wants to cancel the purchase. Wait what? Yeah, the buyer prefers to get the ticket by mail.

SH's hustle is this; if you sell a ticket on their site, they get a very small cut. But if a sale is cancelled, the seller's CC is charged the whopping price of about 90% of the ticket price. I sold a ticket for $51, SH's cut was $5 and change. The sale was cancelled and my card was charged $41. Yep FORTY ONE DOLLARS. So you see the amount of money they make if a sale is cancelled? And I then understood why they'd rather say it was cancelled because it benefits them. I'll never ever ever use their service to list or sell anything. It's one thing to say, "Although the sale was cancelled, we still collect $5 and change, our fee". How do they justify collecting the cost of a ticket that didn't sell??? I'll be fighting this one. That's beyond ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I recently purchased tickets from these thieves. They are selling tickets twice as much as Ticketfly. Won't let you get a refund and are charging a fee to resale. The 2 tickets I purchased were at the same price as if I'd purchased 4 from Ticketfly. Don't buy from these guys.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I made a purchase today on StubHub for two NHL tickets. Awesome deal... Order was cancelled 15 minutes later. I called and spoke to a representative to find out why my order was canceled. I was told that the tickets were fraudulent, non-usable, and that the order was canceled for my own protection. Basically, I got scammed and I should be thankful that this was caught, so that I didn't have fake tickets for a game I wanted to attend with my son. Fast forward 20 minutes later, the exact same tickets are on StubHub again, and the cost is significantly more!! So, I called again into StubHub to see what was going on. Because, if these are indeed fraudulent tickets and why are they back online? This time, the representative tells me that there was a glitch in the system and I shouldn't have gotten the tickets for the price that I did.

Then after peddling in circles the representative told me that the seller mislabeled the tickets, and the price, so they canceled the order for him. I told the rep what the first rep told me, as this is unacceptable. She didn't seem to care. Either way, this was a completed transaction and customer service handled very poorly. If this was a glitch in the StubHub system, they should have made it right with the seller, period. As the buyer, not my problem, unless the tickets didn't exist, which they do. And - If the seller listed his tickets for an incorrect price, it is my understanding, when reading the terms and conditions listed by StubHub, that it's irrelevant; and because I paid for the tickets, they were mine, and ready to download, this is a completed transaction - and that the seller CANNOT cancel this transaction, just to list the tickets at a higher price.

Either way, StubHub messed up. And as a buyer, they neglected to take my completed transaction into consideration, caring only about their bottom dollar and revenue, not me as a consumer. I'm not a legal expert on consumer trade, but I'm pretty sure that this whole transaction was handled very poorly, and shady enough - how Leah all the whole thing is, I'm not sure... And from an ethical standpoint, StubHub clearly does not care about any of their buyers. All the customer service reps I spoke with were rude, and did not care... Not to mention the first one LIED about why my transaction was cancelled in the first place. If these calls are recorded... all that information is there. I'm very disappointed and think this may warrant further consultation, as to how this was handled on their end.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchased 2 tickets for The Rolling Stones concert in Barcelona, Spain for $677. I flew from Los Angeles to Barcelona specifically to see this concert. When I arrived at the venue I was denied access and told my tickets were no good. I have several email threads going with StubHub because they are refusing to return my money.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This organization entitles itself to unethical if not illegal access to your credit cards accounts to make unauthorized charges. I purchased a ticket to a Roger Waters concert in Las Vegas through Stub Hub but due to flight cancels and an uncertainty that I would make the trip, I placed the ticket up for purchase. A soon time later, I CANCELLED the listing and made the concert, ticket honored as valid without issue. The NEXT DAY I received a notification a purchase transaction was in process. I never received any sort or payment, credit, anything.

Stub Hub went forward to actually charge my credit card AGAIN which despite my report that it was cancelled and no one went to the concert BUT ME - no other buyer. My credit card co. agreed this was fraudulent and reversed the charge. Stub Hub continued to make rules as they go and charge me a penalty fee which has since gone to collections. They have free-will with your money. Do not use this company as you will be a hostage!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Bad, Bad Bad experience. My daughter sold 3 tickets for a Show in Canada, around a month ago, still waiting for payment; every day she contacts (more than once) the Customer Service Department, calling or chatting, every time another excuse, bottom line, looks like a SCAM. They sold the tickets but she hasn't receive the money yet... I will really RECOMMEND NOT USING their Services... If I could rate them with "-10" (minus Ten) I would. Shame on them!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I kind of wish I didn't have to write a review, but I wanted to share my experience and hope it will be of value to other buyers in the future for StubHub. I bought a ticket for a concert a few weeks ago. It was a sold out show and I had no other way of finding tickets other than StubHub. On the day of the show, I got to the venue in Los Angeles and I went in line. Many people bought their tickets when they went on sale on the website that offered them. A guy comes out and says something like if you bought your tickets from a third party, you won't be able to go in. I said I bought mine from StubHub and he said I should be fine, but they will check and see. Later, he comes out again and says he is going to do pre-entry into the venue to check IDs and IDs must match the name of the person who bought the ticket and if we don't have names that match, we need to go to the back of the line.

He was being general, so I believe he suggested this included StubHub. So after waiting about 15 minutes or so to get pre-entered, a guy in front of me has a problem. He explains to the guy that he got his ticket from someone else in Palmdale and that it was a gift. Long way from Los Angeles! The guy checking IDs told him to step aside. Next I came up. I said I was the guy who had the ticket I got from StubHub. He said that I will not be allowed entry and that this was the rules on the sale of the ticket. So I called StubHub immediately. After waiting a little on the phone, I get someone and I explain to them that I am not allowed entry into the venue because I have someone else's name printed on my ticket and it had to match.

They said sorry, issued me a full refund and a 35 dollar voucher. StubHub did make an attempt to make the situation right, I will give them that. I just don't understand why they allowed those tickets to be on sale in the first place. I personally don't agree with the system of IDs matching the ticket (because mine was a legit resale), but if that's the way the venues and/or promoters are going to be, then StubHub need to find a way to make sure those kind of tickets never reach other buyers. Other than that, I feel I am satisfied with my experience. Never had a problem with StubHub up until that point.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I'm a longtime, very satisfied StubHub user... both selling and buying. Never had an issue. Yesterday, I purchased some Hamilton tickets (Los Angeles) for an excellent price. Order was confirmed, and then a few hours later cancelled by the seller. StubHub offered me a paltry $100 voucher to use on future purchases. I asked for replacement comparable seats, which there were thousands. I even said I would take tickets for any of the 100+ shows for rest of 2017, and within 3 rows of my seats... there was plenty of inventory. They refused. Basically, the FanProtect guarantee means nothing.

If my tickets are cancelled/fake, then there are three options: I get my money back, and StubHub penalizes the seller 40% of cost: StubHub wins, I have not lost money, but have no tickets! Of course since I paid with a credit card (as most people do), I could have just contested the charge and gotten my money back from Visa/Amex! Either way I get my money back. Tickets' prices are lower since my purchase. StubHub buys those tickets, makes money on my purchase (difference between my purchase price and replacement) and penalizes seller 40%, thereby making money on both sides of transaction. Personally, it would be better for me if they just refunded my money and I could then repurchase. But of course they won't do it as that wouldn't be as profitable.

Ticket prices go up since my purchase. StubHub refunds my money and I'm out of luck. Meanwhile, StubHub penalizes seller 40% so they still make a decent profit. Or maybe they charge them to full replacement cost and never send me the tickets. How would either the buyer or seller ever know! If you read the seller agreement, the seller is either on hook for a 40% penalty or replacement cost... whichever is greater. In this case, the amount was probably around $1000 (considering StubHub wouldn't have to pay a commission if they bought tickets from the listings). Why didn't they charge the seller in this case? My guess is the seller was an active seller/ticket broker, and that relationship was more important than my dozen transactions per year.

StubHub kept insisting that this was a very rare case... cancelled sales don't happen too often. But my argument was that is what the guarantee was supposed to cover. And the amazing thing is StubHub wasn't even on the hook for the money... the seller was! Plus, StubHub's definition of "comparable" tickets is different than everyone else in the universe. You and I think, same section, within a few rows… maybe stage left instead of stage right. However, StubHub incorporates cost into the equation... so if I paid $100, and the tickets now go for $500, they aren't comparable even if they have the identical face value and are right next to each other. WTF!?!

So in a nutshell, anytime you buy tickets from StubHub and the market moves against you (or you got a great deal on the tickets), the seller can renege and you are most likely out of luck. FYI, there was a high profile incident like this regarding Kobe Bryant's last game at Staples. StubHub said they were going to change their policies... clearly they didn't. I'm not sure if I want to give a company like that my business in the future. Caveat Emptor!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I had bought a garage pass for a Bears game against the Falcons. We arrived at the garage site where there was numerous cars trying to get in but the gates had a malfunction so we tried calling the garage management to no prevail so me and others who bought this garage pass from StubHub had to find another garage so we did... Called StubHub to inform of the situation and they also said they were receiving other complaints with the same garage so they said we will be reimbursing your full payment as they did... Two weeks later they sent me an email that they are gonna charge me for the whole amount. They found a way to scam your money on a technicality of using a legal matter to SCAM YOU so they recharged me. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING. THEY ARE SCAM ARTIST. "STUBHUB" STAY AWAY FROM.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I purchased two tickets for a Cubs Cardinal game in a all inclusive party suite via the Stubhub app. Without notice Stubhub switched my seats a day later to a non-all inclusive section. After I noticed the change Stubhub argued with me that the seats were just as good. Their overseas customer service manager made me out to be the ugly American just for expecting to get what I had paid money for. They have hundreds of tickets in other all inclusive sections still available but refuse to use them as a replacement claiming they couldn't because my tickets had already been replaced, with tickets I didn't want.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Sold some tickets thru StubHub. StubHub comes back a day later and tells me the buyer couldn't redeem the tickets! I of course, freak out because not only was I going to lose the money (after already having had to take a major loss on just reselling them) but my reputation, plus the feeling SOOO BAD for the people who bought the tickets!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE feeling. So after talking directly with the StubHub claims dept I'm told I needed to do the investigation myself... Ok fine.

So I call out Greek Theater and get them to do a scan check... turns out the tickets were REDEEMED fine. But then there were 5 or 6 scans after that OF THE SAME TICKETS. So I get the scan report and then email it to StubHub. Just about in tears at this point because I can't figure out what's going on. Days have passed. I got the money deposited by StubHub but you think these ** couldn't even give me an explanation? NOT A PEEP. SCREW THESE IDIOTS! Whatever's going on internally THEY ARE THE FLIPPIN WORST!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I splurged on September 7 for 4 tickets to the NYC Ballet on September 21. We are celebrating several things and we decided to make this special. The tickets were not cheap, but we found 4 seats together in the middle in the front and this was going to be a once in a lifetime experience. I was told the tickets would arrive no later than September 18. We have plans to leave September 20 for NYC. On September 18, I got a phone call from StubHub that the original seats we purchased at a very high cost were no longer available! They were going to switch us to another row, further back and not center, at the same cost.

On top of that, I was told there was a delay in their UPS mailing and I wouldn't receive them until the night of the 19th. Remember, we are leaving for NYC the morning of September 20. The morning of the 19th, I received a notice from UPS that the tickets were not in their possession, so they could not guarantee overnight delivery. After a very long and frustrating phone call with StubHub, I ultimately cancelled the order for their tickets. I called the ticket office at NYC Ballet and they had 4 tickets, albeit further back, at 1/3rd the cost. We will pick these up at the box office. Why didn't I think of this in the first place? Never again for StubHub.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Getting ready to drive to the DM concert - and my tickets are not ready - 4 days before the event. The customer service reps were basically worthless. I really wish I had seen all these reviews first- not a good situation. STAY AWAY.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs