1.13/5

728 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I received the wrong tickets (wrong date) through StubHub and they wouldn't cancel or exchange them. They said it was my fault. Worst customer service company I have ever dealt with. I had to dispute it with my CC company. Don't buy from StubHub.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I sold two tickets to a music festival on StubHub since I could no longer go. Tickets sold within a hour, great. A week after the concert I get a email from StubHub customer service saying the buyer contacted them the night of the festival saying my tickets did not work due to already being scanned and I need to provide a scan report or else I am getting charged $820. I reach out to ACL who informs me they don't provide scan reports (no venue does) but looked up my ticket number and confirmed my tickets were never scanned. Okay great, forward along to StubHub. They respond, “This is not proof, the buyer spent time calling us and had to replace the tickets so we're charging you.” WTF.

I have proof from the Director of ticketing that my tickets were never scanned, they are simply taking the buyer's side. Furthermore, the festival where my tickets were already scanned, has a policy that you can enter and exit up to three times a day. They scan you in and out. This argument makes zero sense. My theory, the buyer lost my tickets. Called StubHub right before and lied to get new ones. I've spent countless hours emailing and calling them and they are worthless. Still fighting this as I am not paying $820 for tickets I only spent $270 on. Don't use StubHub.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I am strongly disappointed about the approach of support department in StubHub. I have been asking for invoice issuing to the tickets I've bought since 6th of September. I've sent my requests several times but they do not care - they just say: "We are working on that..." It has already been 6 weeks and I still do not have it. :-(

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Made a mistake in posting tickets for sale. Customer service rep said the cancellation fee would be waived. Sold other tickets and never received money in PayPal account. Spent half an hour on phone with completely ignorant "customer rep." Later found out the site had confiscated the FULL amount of the ticket payment as a fee for the previously cancelled sale (though no sale had actually been made). Site collected $160 for nothing and it took three different levels of contact to be told. Deceptive, Dishonest, Unethical and apparently one rep doesn't know what any other rep says or does. DO NOT USE!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Paid for tickets to soccer matches in four locations in England. Problems from start to finish and no way to contact the company directly; no phone or direct email. Inaccurate and contradictory information from many employees. In one city had to pick up ticket on the street from some scary people after email from StubHub that the ticket would be delivered to my hotel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I received a notification saying I had purchased tickets from StubHub. Knowing I hadn't purchased any tickets recently, I looked into it and found tickets had been purchased for a game in a city I've never been to. I immediately reached out to their customer service and was told I couldn't get a refund. The rep continually kept trying to push me to resell them which I told her I was not interested in since I didn't even buy them. Worst customer service experience I've ever had and a total scam. I've been a very loyal StubHub customer for years now but will never buy from here again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was recommended by a friend to use StubHub to sell 3 tickets to a concert, I uploaded them to their app. They were sold but then canceled because they said "weren't valid". Called them right away after receiving an email saying they were charging me! I spoke to a representative and told them about the fee and was told that it was an error on the behalf of their system and that not to worry that they would take care of the problem and fee. Next day my account is negative due to them charging me and on top of that because my account was negative my bank charged me a fee too on top of the fee of stupid StubHub!

Called them again. Talked to the main supervisor and was only given 50% which doesn't cover my bank fee and the money they took! This is my first and last time I am ever using StubHub again! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO NEVER USE StubHub! They just take your money and make you look like the stupid one that is at fault! For sure my family and I will never use them again and I will make sure to spread the word to everyone I know to stay clear of these thieves!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I purchased two tickets to a football game for a customer of mine. As I printed the receipt to get reimbursed I noticed that it said a valid student ID was required to enter. I called StubHub immediately. Worse company in the world to deal with. They claimed it was noted on the listing. It was not. First I saw this was after the sale on the receipt. Total Scam. They would not cancel the sale even though nothing was mailed or sent out. I told them I would not be paying for the tickets and I would refuse them when they came. They charged me $198 in FEES for a pair of tickets. Totally outrageous and totally a scam. CSR was a ** too. I am stuck with $822 in tickets that I can never use. To make matters worse if I relist the tickets with them they will only let me relist them for $342 each. Did I mention that it is a total SCAM. I would NEVER recommend this company and I hope they go bankrupt and rot in hell. Stay away from them.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I tried to sell multiple tickets (4) on StubHub and 2 were sold. I tried to cancel the other 2 but didn't see the listing in listing or sold section. Thinking that it was already cancelled, a buyer had purchase the tickets that I no longer have. I needed to cancel tickets and was charge close to $300 due to non delivery of tickets. Why weren't the ticket available for me to cancel? Site is out to scam people. Beware.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I bought two tickets for Brazil x Argentina game for $560 and they said these tickets were the last ones available. After one week, other sites selled the same ticket for $10 each. W.T.F??? This is illegal, StubHub lied to us increasing the price 1000%. Liars and scammers. Do not buy or trust in this website.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

One star is too high! We spent $400 on tickets which should be a secure site and reputable sellers. We live in Florida and visited in Seattle and wanted to attend a concert. Arrived to the concert but tickets were never available. We will never purchase through StubHub again and suggest no one else does either.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

100% misrepresentation. Buyer beware. Do not buy tickets and expect them to be what you thought they were gonna be. Paid with fees $3000 for 3 tickets to OU vs Texas game. Rated as Best seats, view provided by StubHub looked great. We sat right in front of a giant pole. Truly the worst seats I've ever had. No disclosure. According to StubHub the Cotton bowl says they are unobstructed seats, but there is a giant pole. I got a 20% credit and I had to fight for that, they were very sorry, but their hands are tied. BUYER BEWARE I will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Tried to buy 5 tickets for a Knicks v. Nets game and the transaction failed. StubHub's website then recommended 4 tickets instead in an express checkout (only need to enter for CVV). I didn't realise they had dropped a ticket and checked out. I called back 10 minutes later only to hear that the website functioned correctly and makes recommendations based on location not quantity. I have a recording of this 50 minute long conversation. They were willing to waive the seller fee for me to re-list the tickets, but not the fees from when I bought the ticket (although the manager did have the option to do this) so the tickets would be more expensive than others for sale.

I think this customer service is absolutely atrocious as they were not willing to solve any of my problems and would have just collected more buyer's fees from me if I went to buy new tickets. Never use StubHub again, they are absolutely disgraceful and you're better off buying from literally any other major vendor. Next time I will buy them directly and these re-listing sites should be discontinued.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Bought 2 concert tickets in July for general admission pit (basically front row). $650. Concert was September 30th. We drove TEN HOURS for this concert. Get through the gate, they scanned my phone with StubHub ticket and we now have lawn seats which are located in the far back of the venue. Obviously not what we paid for. StubHub sold our QR code and gave up our pit tickets to someone who paid more. SCAM! 30 minutes after waiting... we had to buy 2 new tickets at the box office and spend another $330 for the same tickets (funny how they were twice as cheap at the actual venue LOL- what a joke). Now we are literally arguing back and forth with StubHub to get our $650 back for the 2 LAWN tickets they gave us and were never used. DON'T BUY FROM STUBHUB!! Even the workers at the venue said they see this happen a lot.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used StubHub 3 times. First time was for BTS in Seoul. I was still in China so it was a slight hassle. I was quite worried that I would not get my tickets in time 'cause I had to go to Seoul. (The hard copies will only be sent to the original buyer a week ahead to lessen the chances to resell, so that's why). In the end I got a mail, asking to provide the address in Roman characters as I put it in Chinese. Afterwards, they recommended me to pick them up at a point near the venue because of Chinese customs taking often too long. Well, that's what I did. No issues at all and got my shipping fee back in a few days. Second time, for BTS in Seoul again, also just picked up my tickets, as it was the following day already.

Third time was a mess. Tickets for the BTS exhibition (I think you can guess by now I'm a fan of BTS). Basically, you had to show your ID and confirmation to get the actual tickets. I got the ID scan as well as the confirmation, but staff refused to give me the ticket, 'cause reselling is forbidden. Messaged StubHub, and they said I needed proof of rejection. Staff didn't want to help me, because what I did was wrong. (Fair, but too many tickets were scalped so I couldn't get one in the proper way). I told StubHub I couldn't get a proof of refusal, but they kept saying I had to in order to get the money back. They said an e-mail of a refusal of giving a proof of rejection was enough.

Well, if they don't want to help me at all, they would just ignore me anyway, is what I was thinking. I was on holiday, didn't want to spend too much time at that moment trying to get it, but before I was home and tried to e-mail them, I got my money back already. I guess Stub realized I spent over €800 on their site, so why would I suddenly make up a story about not getting in at a €22 event, rather than a €400 event. In the end, they even gave me a €22 voucher for further purchases. So although it was a hassle the last time, I'm very satisfied!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Why can't you give them 0 stars??? StubHub is a complete scam. Bought what they advertise as "instant mobile" tickets from StubHub but never received my tickets. I called and talked to one of the customer representatives who told me my tickets would be delivered shortly. After not receiving an email I called the next day to see what the issue was and once again was told that my tickets would be delivered shortly, which they were not. At this time, they had already charged my credit card the full price for the tickets (which I still have not received my refund on). I called back the next day again and after about 45 minutes they told me my tickets were no longer available but that they would provide me with replacement tickets of similar value.

At this point the tickets had gone up in price and their "same value" tickets were not even close to the same tickets that I had purchased. They kept offering tickets that they were calling comparable, which they were not. My original tickets were one section right of the 50-yard line and 8 rows back and the comparable tickets they were offering were obstructed view tickets in the same section or tickets 3 sections right of the 50-yard line and 25 rows back.

After an hour and half of arguing with them and getting nowhere I asked for a refund of my money, which I still don't know who they could have charged me in the first place if they had not secured tickets for me at the time of purchase. I ended up buying tickets on a different website and had to pay more since they were not truthful with me on the day that I first tried to "buy" tickets and did not tell me the tickets were not available. How can you advertise so falsely by saying "Instant tickets" and "Buy and sell with confidence. Customer service all the way to your seat. Every order is 100% guaranteed." The only thing that's 100% guaranteed is that you be utterly disappointed with StubHub. I would never recommend using their service to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

They didn't list the parking garage address in Boston, and after driving around trying to find it - and googling it - only to come up with an office building address, and almost being late to the event as well as having to park in another garage and pay for that, they wouldn't even give me a partial refund. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. (I would've rated them zero stars if able.)

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Got StubHub passes for parking at the Tampa Bay Bucs game vs Pittsburgh Steelers 9/24/18, but was unable to get into the parking lot. The line was so long we could not see what the problem was, but the lot was turning people away, but StubHub states they cannot refund the $45.84 I paid on 6/17/18 to buy the passes!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I purchased tickets to an Ed Sheeran concert back in April that is taking place tomorrow. I paid for and transferred the tickets to my Ticketmaster account in April. On Monday of this week I received an e-mail saying my tickets were “unavailable” but not to worry because replacement tickets of equal value were found. I was asked to transfer the original tickets out and accept the new ones. I did not want to do this so I called StubHub. The rep on the phone told me the tickets were entered in the computer wrong and they were invalid. I needed to accept the new tickets and return the old ones. I was still uneasy and hesitated. I received 5 voicemails the next day with threatening messages from StubHub.

One stated that they were going to charge my credit card for the new tickets as well as the existing if I did not return the originals. I called StubHub again to ask why it was such a big deal to return the originals if they were invalid. The rep asked for my Ticketmaster login info so she “could do it for me”. I immediately declined. I was then sent multiple emails and calls harassing me to return the tickets I paid for. Finally exhausted, I returned the original tickets to find out the replacement tickets are of a significantly cheaper value. I’m talking over $120 cheaper before tax or fees. StubHub claims they are a 3rd party company so they cannot guarantee my tickets or their quality. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I bought tickets in August for an Italian Series A football match in October. I had to provide passport numbers for who would be attending and a mailing address in Italy. I did all that and received confirmation of purchase. I planned a vacation and surprise birthday present for my daughter around seeing that match. StubHub out of the blue today canceled my purchase. They said it was because they couldn't contact me. They obviously had my email to send the cancellation notice!

They said I could reinstate purchase if I contacted them. I did so within 3 hours. Initially 3 replies to email address in their notification came back as undeliverable. Then it took several tries over an hour to get an agent on the chat line. The online chat support said there was a "technical problem", a refund was coming and there was nothing they could fix. Tickets are now going for 2-3 times what I paid so I'm assuming they dropped me so they could make a bigger profit. This was a total scam! From the other posts I see that this is not an isolated incident. I would advise everyone to steer clear of this company because of their shady business practices.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Bought 2 tickets to a football game. Card was charged and I was told the exact seats. Got an email saying the seller would email instructions on how to download them. Never got it. A phone call and 2 emails later, StubHub says the seller can’t be contacted, my order is cancelled and my card credited. Customer service says “it’s in the terms and conditions” but they lead you to believe upfront that they’ll provide equal or better tickets. The kicker was, the day after they canceled my order, I got a marketing email from StubHub offering tickets to that same game! Fool me once, shame on you. StubHub won’t get another chance to fool me twice.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

On July 27, 2018 I purchased 4 tickets for an Alison Krauss Anniversary Concert held at the Tennessee Theater. An investment of $823 to surprise two husbands & celebrate two anniversaries. My credit card was charged. I was emailed exact seat numbers & row. Then, 5 days before the concert, Stub Hub called me to tell me the ticket vendor who I purchased my tickets from was unable to get the tickets from the Tennessee Theater. So they will be reimbursing my money.

There were no tickets available to give my party of 4. So... although I planned & purchased my gift tickets the first couple of days ticket sales began, we are without tickets for the Anniversary gifts for our husbands. Stub Hub's "100% Guaranteed...Because 99% Guaranteed just sounds sketchy" slogan is exactly THAT... Sketchy! Buyer Beware! I guess an Order Date, Order #, Row, Seat #'s, confirmation emails, and credit card charges mean NOTHING to Stub Hub. I am a customer no more!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Stubhub do not guarantee tickets at all. They will take your money and tell you that you will have a ticket by the time the event comes around. The guarantee? A refund? Who the hell wants a refund the day before a concert! These guys are jokers. I am flying across the world for this concert and they won't give me a refund. Other sites have instant download options for this concert but I have to wait until the last minute to know if I am going or not. Other sites are cheaper too! I really regret going with Stubhub. I asked them for a refund and they told me they wouldn't do it. Now I just have to wait and see if I am actually going to a concert I am flying across the world to see. There are other resale sites and I strongly suggest you use them instead.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I purchased tickets on StubHub for Michelle Obama on the recommendation of my friend when I couldn't get through Ticketmaster. I received confirmation the same day and waited for my transfer ticket email. 24 hrs later...no email. Called customer service everyday for 3 days. The first 2 service people were patient and kind. They sent emails to the seller, no response either day. The last service person was rude and all but called me a liar when I told her I hadn't received the email. The seller lied and told her I had not accepted them...makes no sense whatsoever. He didn't send the tickets and why on earth wouldn't I accept them?! Lo and behold at the same time she had him on the phone...the email showed up...like magic! I was finally able to access my tickets. This is the first and last time using StubHub.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought one ticket for Paul McCartney, when I arrived at the door they told me it had been already used!! I went to the box office and indeed, the name in the system wasn't of course mine as I bought it from StubHub. I couldn't get to the concert!! With my heart broken I returned home and immediately got in contact with them for a full refund!! Fortunately, this is happening in the next 3-5 days... They told me that wouldn't have happened at all, and that the seller would be penalized, but who cares, even if I will have my money back, which is good, what I really wanted was to see Paul... My trust in this kind of sites is completely broken!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Purchased a StubHub e-gift card as a birthday present for my little sister last night. Paid online, received my confirmation email from StubHub, received alert from my credit card company that I had been charged for the purchase. All good, right? No, not all good. In fact, it has been a total disaster thanks to StubHub. Awoke this morning to find an auto-generated email from StubHub saying they canceled my order. No explanation nor forewarning.

Have had a StubHub account for years and it contains all of my current contact information, but StubHub never bothered to reach out and confirm that I had, in fact, authorized a legitimate purchase before they canceled it (after I had already been billed for the transaction). The automated cancellation email from StubHub provided no contact number, no reason for the cancellation (other than a blanket reference to "security") and no indication of how long it will take for my money to be refunded to my credit card. Meanwhile, I am out the money and I have no gift card to show for it.

After I finally tracked down a contact number through my own research (i.e., Google search) and phoned StubHub, the situation simply went from bad to worse. One rep just refers you to another rep, another number to call. You call the other number and they refer you back to the original number you called. I was told four (4) hours ago that someone from StubHub would contact me about the issue. As you can probably guess, I am still waiting for that call. Safe to assume I'll never hear from StubHub as they seem incapable of dialing a phone.

Anyway, total runaround from StubHub. Customer service is abysmal and borderline nonexistent. Reps are clueless. They can apologize for the inconvenience STUBHUB HAS CAUSED and that's pretty much the extent of their "assistance." I will file a dispute with my credit card company since I don't think StubHub can be trusted to return my money since they have failed to provide an ETA regarding a full refund. Never again with StubHub. They do not take responsibility nor assume accountability for the problems they create. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Purchased tickets for the New England Patriots vs Eagles pre-season game. Found the game, selected the seats, purchased the tickets and then I received an e-mail saying I have purchased tickets to the New England Revolution soccer game. I called StubHub within minutes of my purchase to explain what happened and was told there is nothing that can be done. My only option was to try to sell my tickets. I was nice and asked to speak to a manager, but all the employees at StubHub do is read from a book and repeat the same thing over and over.

So basically, my only options were to go to the soccer game, which I don't even like soccer, try to sell my tickets (which no one is going to buy over $100 worth of soccer tickets to a game that isn't sold out) or lose my money... which I did. Tried to dispute the charge with my bank, however StubHub denied my claim, stating that "they tried to help me sell my tickets". Seriously, will never purchase from this site again. First and last time! Now that I am writing this review I see this has happen to multiple people. StubHub is just a scam. Wish I could give them a - rating.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Went to StubHub to purchase Paul McCartney tickets, clicked on Paul McCartney button. It said choose seats. I chose seats, paid for them and ended up with Jim Gaffigan tickets. Had no idea that I purchased the wrong tickets until it was too late. StubHub just told me, "Sorry Charlie, you bought the tickets so enjoy them." I'll never buy tickets from them again. They were rude & unforgiving. The representative on the phone exclaimed that this happens all of the time. He said he would try to sell the tickets for me but I doubt they'll get sold even though I offered a deep discount to try and salvage something. I asked him why this sort of thing happens all of the time and he tried to weasel out of saying that. But he did say that. He lied!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I sold a ticket on StubHub. After a month upon trying to access the website I realized my account has been locked without any reason or explanation. I contacted StubHub and they said they are reviewing my account and that they will get back to me. Some days passed and they still hadn't contacted me. I reached out again and they said that my sale has been canceled and the buyer has been refunded. This happened without any e-mail or any confirmation so if I hadn't contacted them I wouldn't even know.

They said my account is being reviewed for suspicious activity and couldn't even tell me what that means. I was very surprised as I have not done anything wrong. I just got an extra ticket for a concert and was trying to sell it. So I asked if could get some kind of confirmation for this cancellation as I would like to list my ticket elsewhere and the employee just said "ok I will send it" and disconnected the chat. Never using StubHub to sell or buy tickets ever again.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs