Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.56/5

966 StubHub Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased tickets for the BTS concert on May 11th 2019. When the seller sent me the Email to send the tickets to my Ticketmaster account I kept receiving an error message saying, "OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG." Ticketmaster simple told me since it was a StubHub purchase they could not help. I pointed out that the error page was a Ticketmaster issue and was told since not enough people have complained about it, it was not important enough to look into.

In comes StubHub customer service, literally for days they tried everything to correct the problem. They had the seller send me the ticket email numerous times, they called me daily to see if I had any success. They called Ticketmaster on my behalf, they went so far above and beyond that I was truly amazed. Never in my life has any company gone out of their way as StubHub did for me. They even planned to make sure I had tickets no matter what. The communication was not only by phone but followed up each time by email. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Now for my back story, only a couple people I spoke with from the service team knew that I am waiting for a double lung transplant and that this may be the very last concert I can attend with my daughter. I myself am a huge BTS fan so having this moment with my daughter meant more than everything to me. I hope and pray that I will have another opportunity to see BTS in the future, and I will never buy any ticket from anyone except STUBHUB. I want to personally take this time to thank each and every customer service employee, you are amazing. Have a beautiful year, hugs!! Michele

Original review: April 2, 2019

Okay, so a lot of these reviews are extremely negative and I was wary of this site, but I'm so happy that I decided to take the chance. First of all, I was totally scammed. I bought tickets that were wheelchair only and this was written NOWHERE on the site - honestly I was lucky that I'm extremely vigilant and I noticed the small characters under the barcode on the ticket.

I called the venue to ask if I could come with my tickets and I was obviously told no. So, I called StubHub's customer service and WOW. After verifying my purchase, and admitting that there was no mention of wheelchair accessibility, they replaced my tickets with equally great seats that were *twice* the price of what I spent at no additional cost! All the while, the customer service rep was so sweet and understanding. I definitely would recommend this site to anyone - their FanProtect guarantee is legit!

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Last week I got the urge to go to the Elton John concert literally just days before his Portland concert. StubHub was the only source I could find. Bought two pretty good tickets. When we arrived at the gate we were told the tickets had already been scanned and were no good. We were directed to the Ticketmaster ticket office where they confirmed the tickets had been already scanned. They gave us a toll free number to StubHub customer service. The service agent that answered our call took our information and then immediately passed us onto a fraud agent. He was able to confirm our tickets where invalid. He suggested we get back into line and he was going to forward us new tickets, which he did.

He then stayed on the phone with us until we had been scanned in and on our way to our seats... and the seats were awesome! Better than what we had paid for, and more money but I wasn’t charged any additional. I of course had to “visit” our original seats which was filled with some tweakers that looked a little worried when I told em the Stubhub cops where looking for the people the tried to defraud them and me and it was gonna cost someone the price of my upgraded seats. Thank you very much! Overall they did what was necessary to make sure we made it into the concert and had good seats... Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I bought my boyfriend Toronto Maple Leafs tickets - Sec 120, Row 2. This was for his birthday. To be honest, I was extremely nervous purchasing these tickets because they're SO EXPENSIVE, almost double the retail price and there were a ton of negative reviews and I was afraid I'd get fake tickets and get denied at the door. My best friend purchased tickets from StubHub before and told me they're pretty legit and never had a problem. I took a huge gamble on these and bought the tickets for $500 each. The day of the game, I was literally shaking in fear and prayed the tickets were real and they would scan properly and thank God THEY DID!

My boyfriend had the best time at the game. We were so close to the rink and the player's bench, we even fist pumped each player as they were going in and out of the rink. Thank you seller/StubHub. We had such an incredible experience! For anyone thinking of buying tickets from StubHub I would still be a little bit careful only because there are sellers out there that scam people which is unfortunate. But the good thing is StubHub provides their customers with the Fan Protection plan meaning if you ever run into any trouble with your tickets they can either find you a replacement OR a refund. So there's that to consider. Good luck!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used StubHub 3 times. First time was for BTS in Seoul. I was still in China so it was a slight hassle. I was quite worried that I would not get my tickets in time 'cause I had to go to Seoul. (The hard copies will only be sent to the original buyer a week ahead to lessen the chances to resell, so that's why). In the end I got a mail, asking to provide the address in Roman characters as I put it in Chinese. Afterwards, they recommended me to pick them up at a point near the venue because of Chinese customs taking often too long. Well, that's what I did. No issues at all and got my shipping fee back in a few days. Second time, for BTS in Seoul again, also just picked up my tickets, as it was the following day already.

Third time was a mess. Tickets for the BTS exhibition (I think you can guess by now I'm a fan of BTS). Basically, you had to show your ID and confirmation to get the actual tickets. I got the ID scan as well as the confirmation, but staff refused to give me the ticket, 'cause reselling is forbidden. Messaged StubHub, and they said I needed proof of rejection. Staff didn't want to help me, because what I did was wrong. (Fair, but too many tickets were scalped so I couldn't get one in the proper way). I told StubHub I couldn't get a proof of refusal, but they kept saying I had to in order to get the money back. They said an e-mail of a refusal of giving a proof of rejection was enough.

Well, if they don't want to help me at all, they would just ignore me anyway, is what I was thinking. I was on holiday, didn't want to spend too much time at that moment trying to get it, but before I was home and tried to e-mail them, I got my money back already. I guess Stub realized I spent over €800 on their site, so why would I suddenly make up a story about not getting in at a €22 event, rather than a €400 event. In the end, they even gave me a €22 voucher for further purchases. So although it was a hassle the last time, I'm very satisfied!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Do not, ever, purchase theatre/concert tickets from StubHub. They are thieves! They charge you a fortune and don't provide the goods. Beware!! I purchased concert tickets which cost over 500 dollars and was told they would email tickets for download. The tickets did not arrive. I tried phoning, but phone just rang out. I sent an email, which was never acknowledged nor answered.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

If you decide to go through Stubhub, BE VERY CAREFUL. Their software is horrible and slow and does not update you at all. The software made me end up with two extra tickets because they weren't showing up as purchased by me. Then when trying to sell the tickets, the transfer didn't go through properly and the same ticket ended up being used twice. I lost $775 total to this company when I should have only spent $230. Absolutely absurd.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I Purchased two tickets to the production of Hamilton in Providence Rhode Island. I was told by StubHub tickets would be delivered to me within a week of the performance. For five days before the performance I got a note saying there was a problem and the tickets would be at the Will Call window at the theater. I got to the theater. There were no tickets under my name. But the woman at the Will Call window said they had two tickets they could substitute so I took those tickets. The tickets I bought on StubHub cost over $500 each. The tickets that the woman at the window gave me cost $200.

I called StubHub him and told him of the problem and the person put me on hold for about 10 minutes, came back and said I would be issued a rebate within two weeks. A month later have not received the rebate. I called again and was told that the ticket seller to provide them with verifiable proof that the tickets were in fact the Will Call window and as a result there would be no rebate. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told that a supervisor would call me back usually within 24 hours. That was a week ago. I think this place it’s not a total scam at least has no sense of customer service and apparently doesn’t need customer loyalty.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I purchased a ticket to the Show in Las Vegas which was canceled. It was a nightmare dealing with StubHub to get my money back. They were tossing me around, denying that concert was canceled. After the fact was proven, they issued me a store credit instead of money back. Fight after fight, I finally got my money back. Ugh never again!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I purchased very very expensive seats, $500 for 2 tickets after the fees. The Photo of seat location totally inaccurate. What they are not showing you is a huge fence to the right, obstructing left field corner. Called customer service as soon as I purchased and they refused to refund, or let me speak to a Manager. I said, "I rather work it with you," and asked to speak to a Manager. She said she will try but no assurance to have a manager call back. I said, "The only other option is to dispute with bank." She welcomed it and laugh saying, "Well then you can never use StubHub again." Also when you email their customer service email you get an auto reply saying that there's no one checking the email box. So no manager to speak to, and no email to write to. Very poor customer service.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs