3.5/5 (827 ratings)

About StubHub

StubHub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

First of all. I have little to no experience selling tickets on StubHub. I went to sell my NCAA national championship tickets on the app. I could no longer attend the event and bought the tickets through Ticket Master. Listed my tickets on the stubhub app. Never received any confirmation that they were posted. Even went as far as checking their website to see them not posted. So after a while and checking the app they were listed nowhere to be found. I decided to try listing them again. Listed them on the 27th of December 2022. Received a confirmation email and then on the same day received the sale confirmation. I was not clear on how to transfer the tickets and what the guarantee was so I called customer service the same day to walk me through it.

Received confirmation emails that the tickets were transferred correctly. Called again on the 28th to find out when I would be paid for the tickets. I was told 5-8 days after the event. So I waited. 5-8 days after the event no payment on the tickets. I called again to make sure everything was good then had to set preferences of payment and tax number and so on.

Fast forward to now we are 14 days after the event and no payment. Called customer service and the rep did not understand why I haven't been paid. They escalated it to payment processing. I received no resolution. Called the next day. Then was told I would not be receiving any money because I did not deliver the tickets from my first post (that I didn't know was out there). I got frustrated and called back two days later. First rep offered me 20% of my sale value and then I asked to speak to a supervisor. I then spoke to a supervisor and he stated nothing could be done and the 20% was no longer valid. I asked to escalate the issue or dispute and I was told that there is nothing to dispute, it's my problem. I got irritated at the response and they hung up on me.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

If I could I would give this company zero stars. Their customer service is the worst. I bought tickets for a concert and was later notified that my seats were no longer available. They gave me a choice of other seats that were inferior. I tried to find a number to call, but I couldn't find the contact number on the email. I had to Google the customer service number.

Once I reached a rep, they told me I was stuck with the tix. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager told me the same thing. I asked to speak to her supervisor and I was told that I would have to hang up and call back and start all over or she would give me the address to the corporate office so that I could mail a letter. Mail a letter?!?! Not even an email address??? Actual insanity. I will NEVER order tix from this company again. If a company cannot ensure or even act like they care about customer satisfaction, they should not be in business. Tickets cost too much money to be treated this way.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I bought Adele tickets, 3 months ahead, and the tickets were not available as promised. Called customer support and was offered "comparable replacement tickets"; I originally bought tickets 2 sections away from the stage and they can only offer me "comparable tickets"... in the nosebleed! I checked the Stubhub site and tickets are available in the section I originally bought tickets for. Stubhub is unwilling to give me seats in my original section, again tickets are available on their site, and says they don't have the power to do anything about it, accept refund me or take the nosebleed. Stubhub should have the ability to make such changes. If the seats in the comparable section is not available on their site then I would understand but they had many available. I'd give them a zero review if I could.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Yeah, my worst experience with an app and company is StubHub. I sold the tickets there but after talking with more than eight times and calling them, sending the approval of my bank statement that they didn’t pay me, talking with Twitter and Facebook account of them and just get same ** from all of them that we paid but actually they didn’t, it is just in their app and your profile that you are paid. Nothing will be transferred to your bank accounts by them, even with their provided reference number I talk with my bank CIBC and VISA, they couldn’t find any trace of payments by stubhub there. I checked Twitter with stubhub hashtags and yes so many people had same issue. They just steal your money, time and make you annoy. I suggest never use this app and if you can sell or buy in more trusted way or go and enjoy your tickets that you bought from somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I purchased two tickets to see Six The Musical at the Orpheum Theatre in Omaha, NE for the evening of January 7th. When my daughter and I arrived with our mobile tickets, we were told that they had already been scanned and that someone was already in our seats. We were told to go to the ticket office. After standing in line for a few minutes, we got the same information. Obviously, the seller had sold the tickets to us via StubHub and at least one other buyer as well either through StubHub or another ticket reseller. We were devastated that we had driven all the way downtown, were all dressed up, paid for parking and would be unable to see the musical.

I immediately contacted StubHub customer service and were told they take these complaints seriously and they would start a refund. Now I am getting emails from StubHub saying the seller had validated the tickets and they need proof from us that we were turned away. I called the theatre who could only provide me with the name of the person I spoke to that night at the ticket office. The theatre employee me told me that from their experience that I would continue to get the run around from StubHub, that they never call the theatre to check this out and their recommendation was to dispute the charge with my bank. Please do not offer for me to contact your customer service because I have already gone that route with no success.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

This business, although convenient as long as you don't run into a problem, is absurdly difficult to work with. Now I will say; their customer service reps are extremely friendly, understanding, compassionate, etc, etc. Everything you could want out of a customer service rep. However, where they drop the ball is the follow through. And let's face it, that's the most important part. Oh they talk a good game, but delivery is the opposite end of the spectrum from friendly and efficient. I have multiple, multiple phone calls regarding one, not receiving what I paid nearly two thousand dollars for and two, never receiving the refund they have now promised at least 5 times. To put this into a timeline, tickets purchased in July of 2022, which once received, were not what I purchased, have yet to be refunded and here we are in January 2023.

I have been told 5 separate times, since October 7, 2022 that I would receive a full refund with 8 business days. But again, here it is January 9, 2023 and still no refund. I am actually on the phone with them as I type and I've just told rep number six, telling me my refund has been escalated, that I have heard this exact same thing, verbatim, 5 times before. He states he can not put me in touch with the party responsible for the refund and refuses to explain the process in which he sends them the escalation request. This department has no phone nor email? I find that extremely hard to believe. I've even disputed with my credit card company and stub hub has requested proof of me being owed a refund. What?!?! Check your multitude of notes! You state every phone call is recorded for quality. Check your recording. Check the emails. At this point, I guess to be continued is all I can say.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

We purchased tickets on December 29, 2022 for the Broadway show “Six”. The tickets were never delivered by the seller via email nor phone. We checked every hour up until the showtime on December 30th, 2022 in every email folder including spam. There was nobody to get a hold of at StubHub (great strategy on their part). What stood out the most isn’t the fact that we were defrauded out for $523.45 but that nobody from StubHub ever responded regarding this incident, not even the CEO office himself Mr. Baker. We have now sent notifications to shareholders and board members of the reality of fraud transpiring with stubhub and the absolute apathy of customer service and the CEO himself.

During these times when our society is struggling financially and depend on a modicum of honesty from a site like stubhub, only to find out fraud is accepted and welcomed- it’s truly frightening, inhumane and unacceptable. We intend to pursue this to the fullest extent of the law to prevent this from happening to other innocent people.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

We found and bought tickets several weeks before the event. We never received our tickets. They kept changing the delivery date. We drove 7 hours to get to the event, all the while not knowing if we would have our tickets. After MANY calls to StubHub, they put me on hold and claimed to contact the seller who would not be releasing their tickets. Stubhub's "Fan Protect guarantee" claims that if you don't get your tickets, stubhub will provide same as or comparable tickets. To them, comparable means not even close! We were on the 50 yard line and offered 10 yard line. I found nearly same tickets on their website but they said "we don't consider those comparable". We ended up paying TWICE the price. Do NOT use stubhub. You will get scammed.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Tried to sign in on my account 12/30/2022. Requested password reset. Waited 30 minutes. Called customer support. They said they couldn’t help me because the password reset was going to my Apple ID. No notifications went to Apple ID. I reset the email to be use. Removed the Apple ID. This failed too. The agent had to escalate. Wuld be 24 hours before I hear anything back. The agent was not able to help me with a password reset. At this point I feel I’m in trouble. I have an $800 ticket tied up and I can’t access my account. I should have read the reviews before I did business with them. I have a feeling this is not going to turn out good.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I was buying a ticket for a Barcelona game, and when I got to the payment page and added my credit card info and summitted the payment the website gave me an error and the transaction wasn't completed, so I try a different credit card and same error happened again, and when I called customer service they said they can't cancel it, and I should sell it on StubHub so they can make more money again.

StubHub author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

StubHub Company Information