StubHub

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So I had sold tickets on Stubhub 2yrs ago for a Music Festival and they said that the buyers never add their tickets 2yrs after the Music Festival. But it's funny that when they had their tickets it said to call me and email me for me to send them a Photo ID and permission to use my tickets and the buyers also called me during the show... And now I owe them money.... Come on StubHub GET WITH THE PROGRAM. NEVER BUY or SELL WITH STUBHUB.

To begin, I was a first time seller on StubHub. From my understanding, StubHub was a legit ticket selling company. Boy was I wrong! My blood is still boiling over what is going on, CURRENTLY, with StubHub. I intend on filing a lawsuit, as I believe they need to learn to stop screwing over their customers. I listed tickets on StubHub a few weeks ago because I realized I had purchased tickets to 2 separate events in different states, and obviously couldn't attend both. In addition to posting on StubHub, I posted on Craigslist. The day after I listed my tickets (Nov 10), I was able to get in contact with Ticketmaster, who was kind enough to exchange my tickets for a different date. I then went on and deleted my listing on StubHub (or so I thought I did- apparently it never got deleted- some glitch in their system).

On Nov 19 I receive an e-mail that my tickets on StubHub had sold- which as you can imagine my confusion thinking I deleted my listing. I immediately called StubHub and explained the situation and at some point I spoke to a guy on chat (I think before the call). They did not care that there was a system glitch and my ad never got deleted. I asked to speak to a supervisor SEVERAL times, and was denied the chance to speak to one. I eventually hung up in frustration. I did mention that I had exchanged my tickets for a different date, and they said if that was the situation that they would contact the seller and see if they would accept the new tickets instead. I never confirmed that I wanted to do this, nor did they ask if I was cancelling my order.

Today, Nov 20, I had been in contact with the buyer. As her and I were speaking, we came to an agreement to cancel the order, but neither of us wanted to be charged. So I spoke to a girl named Tiffany ** via chat and she told me, Tiffany **: "if a buyer should contact to cancel, we would urge to resell instead of cancel." Casey: "What would happen though if she wanted to cancel? Would either party be charged?" Tiffany **: "but if you insist on cancelling, then a charge would be applied" Tiffany **: "if the buyer wants to cancel no one will be charged."

After reading that message, the buyer began a chat with Rackeen **. She asked if she could be refunded since the tickets had not been mailed out yet. Rackeen responded with, Rackeen **: "Thanks for staying with me Jessica. I cancelled the order. Once your refund is processed you will receive an email, refund takes 3-5 business days to reflect in your account." IMMEDIATELY after the buyer showed me this chat message we BOTH received e-mails that the order had been cancelled.

However, upon further reading my e-mail it stated, "Unfortunately, there was a problem with the UPS delivery and this sale was cancelled. It wasn't your fault, and we'll make sure that you're still paid. Though you may get additional emails from us, you don't need to do anything else. We're sorry for the inconvenience... As a seller, you’re responsible for delivering tickets on time and as promised. When that doesn’t happen, you may be charged an amount generally equal to 40% of your ticket cost. Charge Amount: $400 Charge to: Credit card."

Now I was even more frustrated. Even though the buyer asked to cancel the order, I was STILL GETTING CHARGED $400?! How did this make ANY sense!? So, I immediately begin a chat session to figure out the issue. I got the run around, first saying the e-mail about delivery not being available was not meant to be sent to me, then they continued to say that I told them I could not deliver the tickets and that I cancelled the order. I brought up the fact that I was in contact with the buyer and I copied the message. They refused to answer my question and help me with my problem and IGNORED the fact that I KNOW what another representative said to the buyer. Did I receive a call from a supervisor, of course I did not. So I called and asked to speak to one.

After more than 30 minutes, I finally spoke to a supervisor- which as I read in previous comments, all she did was repeat wording of policies and never ACTUALLY answered any of my questions. She said that when I mentioned in my chat, the day before, about having exchanged my tickets, that they started processing the cancellation of the order- granted WITHOUT my acknowledgment nor asking me to confirm, nor did I receive a single e-mail stating the order cancellation the day before. She insisted that the cancellation took place because of the chat that took place the day before.

If that were the case, why did both the buyer and myself receive cancellation e-mails after SHE (the buyer) requested to cancel the order?! I received a copied message from the buyers chat with Rackeen ** at 7:19pm. When I went to check my e-mail I had a cancellation e-mail sent to me at 7:15pm. So, based on time stamps, it appears as though the order was cancelled because the buyer asked, and Rackeen ** processed the cancellation.

The supervisor I spoke with refused to accept this, or even address my questions regarding this, and continued to repeat policy lines. She stated that the order was cancelled the day before by me, because I could not deliver the tickets. IF that was the case, their policy is to offer the new tickets to the buyer and see if they are interested. Did they EVER offer the tickets to the buyer, NOPE! She never received a single e-mail until after she contacted them via chat and asked to cancel the order. The supervisor continue to say that as a "courtesy" since I was a first time seller, she would offer to only charge me 50% of the fees for cancelling my order, which is still $200.

I will be filing a lawsuit against this company, and I feel everyone who has been mistreated by this company should also file a lawsuit. What they are doing is ILLEGAL! They are just for profit, and do not care at all about their customers. They need to be punished! Not to mention, They are making a KILLING off people! I listed my tickets at $1000 (since they were going to take $100 I wanted to make back my money I spent). They charged $50 PER TICKET to the buyer, so she ended up paying $1200. So, just for listing my tickets on their site they get to profit $300?! Wow!

I purchased tickets from StubHub. They were sent to an old address and I contacted them to see if the shipment could be changed. It was too late so I told them I would go to see if I could retrieve it from the old address. I was able to get them. I called StubHub and told them I had them and everything was ok. They invalidated the tickets and reprinted new ones without telling me. So the event I could not attend and tried to sell the only tickets I ever had on StubHub. They sold and I sent the only tickets I had to the buyer. The buyer goes to the event and the tickets were not valid to get in. StubHub gives them other seats and charges me with selling bad tickets. The seller who I bought the bad tickets from got their money. The buyer who bought the only tickets I ever had got to go to the event. The only person who did not go to the event or get the money back was ME. So I am out $1190.50 dollars because of StubHub!!

I have canceled my acct with StubHub after 7 years. My last two experiences were horrific. First experience is that I resold four tickets to a baseball game after I purchased 18 tickets to the game. When I did not receive payment, I call S**Hub. They said the buyers could not get in with the tickets to the game. Of course the game was played in the pouring rain and my group of fourteen went to the game. I do not know what happened to those to whom I sold the tickets but they reported that they could not get in with the tickets. So the S**Hub response, "Our 'Truth and Security Dept' (TSD)" will investigate. After two calls to TSD they said nothing could be done and I am out 280 dollars.

A few days ago I was browsing for Giant tickets. I saw tickets but found out that I would have to pick them up at another site and not at the ticket office. I NEVER SUBMITTED MY SECURITY CODE and left the site. The following morning I looked at my email and saw a note from Stubhub, "Your just a few clicks away from purchasing tickets to the game." Then I continue to browse my emails and found that S**Hub CHARGE my acct and said I authorized buying the tickets! Well after several calls, one lasting over a half hour to get a supervisor, they referred the issue once again to the oxymoron TSD. I got an email and a phone call saying my "purchase" was completed because they used a credit card on file with S**Hub.

I called my credit card company telling them of the fraudulent action by S**Hub and the email stating I had to finish the process to get the tickets. In order to cancel the reported purchase they had to cancel my credit card and reissue it with another number. SO, I will have to go through all my accts and enter another credit card when I receive it by mail. Stop using S**Hub. Their customer service has gone down the tubes. Be ashamed S**Hub. You will eventually anger enough people to go under.

I just had a horrible experience. I bought tickets, and they added $20 service fees. I got tickets not in my name. When I contacted customer service, they asked me to go to http://www.stubhub.com/legal/ and see for myself that they won't return my money. So you're stuck!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

I am a long time user of Stubhub. When they were purchased by Ebay they became increasingly more difficult to deal with. I recently listed a couple tickets and ran into bar code issues. This was due to an internal issue within the Stubhub system and I was told in writing how to proceed in listing the tickets. When the tickets sold, guess what... The bar codes still could not be verified. I offered to overnight the tickets 2 days before the event and they offered to cancel my sale and hit my credit card with a $150 for failure to deliver the tickets even though this was all their fault. After many hours I have gotten the $150 reversed and they offered me $100 credit towards future selling fees. Guess what... They are making it next to impossible for me to receive the credit. They want me to contact them after each future sale to get the selling fees reversed each time I sell a listing. There are other options out there. USERS BEWARE OF STUBHUB.

I live in Colorado, so was surprised when I saw a charge for Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Clippers 4 tickets for $271.00 - I did not intentionally bring up the app, nor was I searching for any games nor any desire to use StubHub at all. Evidently while using the phone, inadvertently clicked the mobile app, it logged in and purchased the tickets and immediately to PayPal. I guess it can happen.

But, what happened afterwards with StubHub personal is disgusting, they assumed I was looking at the app, and searching for tickets, and made a mistake. Their supervisors only offered 50 refund and 50 coupon, not a complete refund, because they do not own the tickets. However they were purchased over 2 hours before game time, understood that, but it was their app, which is totally insecure. What if it was for tickets worth $7000, would they offer 50/50 then? They don't put themselves into the position of the consumer, or have any empathy. They have not had anybody contact me after promising tech support to contact me about the problem. Use some other outlet for tickets.

As promised you have not heard the last of me. I am sending you this email and will lay out in great detail the wrongdoing by StubHub. First let me start with the fact that I started my purchase for tickets to Insomniac's Escape Phycho Circus on 10/18/2016. These tickets were for my son's 21st birthday (which is today). All he wanted was to attending this music festival with 20 plus of this friends.

The day after my order, I received a email saying that my tickets we unavailable, but don't worry StubHub is working hard to find me a replacement. A replacement was sent to us on 10/20/2016. However these tickets were unusable as whoever was in charge of finding new tickets failed to read the details of tickets and sent us VIP tickets. That would have been great but it states on the event website that "you must be 21 to enter with a VIP ticket". I had to go out of my way to return tickets that should have never been sent to me, as I order tickets for 18 and older.

So back to square one. I had to call StubHub and explain the situation and hope for new tickets. I called every day until I finally got an email stating new ticket were being sent. The arrived on 10/24/2016. We checked and everything looking good. Wrong! At 4:12 p.m. I received an email of that my order was canceled. Yes canceled and the festival started at 4 that day!! StubHub said the seller canceled the order. As far as I am concerned the order was final. Paid for, shipping and received. I have asked every customer service agent I spoke with and no one has an answer as to why a seller can cancel on order after he mailed the tickets to me and after the event start time. (I do not believe the seller did this and after reading pages of very negative reviews, rather StubHub canceled the order and the penalized the seller to line their pockets as the buy is just out of luck.)

I called customer service once I read the email, however the my son was already at the event going through the 2 hour process to get it. He was told that the ticket was already used to enter. As a spoke to customer service (while at work) I asked 3 times to speak with a manager. Was ignored each time until I final said no more. My son did not get in and I was left with figuring out how to get him home. He went with a very large group of friends and was devastating to watch as they all entered and he was left standing outside. The event was about 2 hours from home and we had to put more money out of our pocket to get him home.

Customer service did issue me a refund and a new ticket for Saturday, well it seems that one was also a fraud. My son went through the whole process to get in on Saturday only to be told that again the ticket was a fraud. Again adding more expense trying to get my son home. And this ticket was emailed to me by customer service.

So in short you have robbed my son of his 21st birthday celebration, this as caused him and I great stress both emotional and physical. He had prepared for this show for months. I have countless receipts, emails, text and post that are time stamped and dated detailing my expense and my son's anticipation for this event. A credit was put on my account, however I have no intention of using StubHub again as I can't trust I would even get in with tickets from your site.

I am filing at small claims today but was told by the court house I must first give you the opportunity to hear what I want before the case can be started. I want the credit on my account sent to me. Compensation for having 4 terrible ticket experiences all for the same event should not be a credit on my StubHub account that I can't trust to use. You even issued me a fake replacement ticket for the first mistake. Why would I want to invest the time, money and emotions getting ready for a concert only to find out at the ticket gate, the ticket is no good. If StubHub actually cares about customer service, this should not be a problem.

Beware of Stubhub charging sellers a "40%" fee for any and every error they can find on your listing to "protect the buyer" in case THEY need to buy "replacement tickets". They hide behind their user terms, which are buried when you sign up. As a first time user, I was selling Hamilton tickets and even though I had customer service help me throughout the process of listing & uploading tickets, making sure everything was listed correctly, I was never told to include "partial view". When the buyer rejected the tickets, and my sale was cancelled, I was never told I would be charged to replace them or the amount, $589.20 to be exact, more than 40%. Charge just showed up on my statement and they aren't issuing me a full refund. Total scam. Buyers & sellers beware.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Professionally resolved.

Elias of Southfield, MI on

Original Review

I purchased a $220 ticket back in September to go to my favorite concert featuring BASSNECTAR Halloween Party. I also booked a 2-day Airbnb, bought my costumes and I was ready to leave work early and head to Grand Rapids tomorrow afternoon. Tickets were never delivered and StubHub offered me a refund. GREAT. THANK YOU. I wait 2 months for this event for StubHub to get to me last minute saying "We don't have a ticket for you." For those that plan ahead out, there would understand what it would feel like to be in my situation right now. I don't want the money, I just want to go. I plan on getting refunded including my Airbnb cancellation fee. I'm down for small claims court if they don't refund it.

Not professional, terrible planners. Why offer to ship the ticket last minute? Why not schedule it for an earlier time in case something like this comes up? I am very disappointed with their service, it is truly annoying when something like this happens, especially when you have been waiting for two months. Never STUBHUB again period.

I listed my Austin City Limits VIP tickets on their mobile app which crashed multi times. When I finally listed the 1 day pass it sold it one hour. 1 day before the event Stubhub canceled the transaction stating I listed the event in the "wrong" bucket. The buyer made the mistake of not seeing the 2 tickets were listed for only one day. Not only did StubHub make money on me in the front end (they charged me $90, they charged me a cancellation fee which I did not cancel). When trying to resolve the matter, they were arrogant, unreasonable and not accessible.

I found the name of the VP in charge of customer service to escalate, but they refused to transfer to him. I realize I may have made a mistake, but their choices for listing the ticket was extremely confusing and they took NO responsibility for their error in the transaction. I was unable to re-sell the ticket because they notified me AFTER the event took place. They made $230 on the transaction from me, would not refund the money and I was out $900 for the unsold tickets.

I bought $220 worth of the highest level tickets I could for a concert. I bought them 2 months in advance of the show. 2 days before the show I hadn't received the hard copies in the mail yet so I called, come to find out my tickets were on hold because the seller had missed multiple deadlines for information and shipment. StubHub then told me they could still get me tickets but they would be lower grade and higher price than what I bought. The associate then found 1 more 2-day high quality pass so he canceled my order and tried to get me the other ones. These were a scam post. I was screwed out of the 2-day pass with no help just a "there's nothing else we can do". I then bought a 1-day pass to the same concert which was ALSO held by a scam seller.

I am very dissatisfied with how they treated me. There was no help or anyone contacting me. I had to make every phone call myself, explain the situation every time to every associate I called and no one seemed to know how to help. I will never buy tickets from StubHub again. They claim they protect the buyer but you screwed me out of a concert I've been planning on going to for months as I prepared months in advance and you tell me 2 days before the concert that the seller fell through and there's nothing you can do. Next time when sellers miss deadlines or you know the sale is not valid anymore let the buyer know. You guys are unprofessional and the least bit helpful.

StubHub is a company of scam artists. I am a student and StubHub did not clearly list a way to mark my students as student tickets even when all of the tickets in the section I sold them in are student tickets. When my order was canceled, StubHub charged me $1,500, claiming that this was the difference it cost them to find replacement tickets. Their website did not even display prices for tickets that would be this much to make this charge valid. The customer service people were of no help and dodged my questions and accusations in every way possible.

Perhaps I misunderstood the way this website worked but I did not realize that they were legally allowed to charge unsuspecting customers more than three times the value of a ticket and although they state that there is a 100% money back guarantee, that is not really the case. And now that I am reading the reviews here, I see that I stand a good chance of my tickets not even being accepted when I get to the event! Their customer service sympathized but offered no real help, except that I should post my tickets and rip off someone else. Why is this allowed? I feel like I was just mugged and there is nothing I can do about it. This is so wrong!!!

I recently sold Disneyland Halloween party tickets on StubHub. The sale part was great. Approximately 2 weeks later I get an email stating the buyer claims the tickets were bogus and wanted their money back. I called StubHub customer service and they told me I need to go to Disneyland and get proof that the tickets were used. The StubHub CS agent said she'd be available till 9 pm. So after work at 5 pm I go to Disneyland and they confirmed the tickets were used and gave me enough information to corroborate the fact. I called StubHub for 2 hours to let them talk to the Disneyland agent and nobody answers. Next day I called the StubHub agent and she confirmed my 2 hours of missed calls but she failed to tell me she was on the east coast. After she said the information I provided wasn't good enough and I need to go back to Disneyland.

This is ridiculous. The purchaser bought the tickets. Disneyland confirmed they went and in order to get their money back they just claim the tickets didn't work. StubHub is making me run around like a chicken with my head cut off to prove my innocence. If I don't provide evidence to their liking I will be penalized almost $500 and the purchaser will get their money back and they will have had a great time at my expense. Ticket Sellers Beware. Think twice before you sell on StubHub.

Purchased Rolling Stones tickets for a 1-18-2016 show in Las Vegas. The tickets were over $1,000.00 and StubHub will not refund the money since it wasn't actually cancelled. They will "help me sell them" for some future event. Looking at their site, I believe there will be a charge for their services. This is outrageous, I will never use them again.

Just a joke. I made a mistake, my fault, and within minutes I called to see if I can rectify. Got someone in a foreign country who wouldn't help at all. Same day my wife bought tickets and they sent her lousy tickets for the same price in a completely different section. They're trying to say the seller mis-represented them but today they said it was a glitch in their seating chart. Buyer beware. This is a scam website and it's not the first, second or third time I've had problems. This website makes you give at least one star or I'd live no stars.

StubHub double sold my tickets for the last game of the (in Boston-Fenway) Boston Red Sox vs. the Blue Jays... Big Papi's last regular season game. We traveled from Toronto to Boston to see this game, on both of our birthday's. They claim that it is not in their error, but offered me a $900 credit to make up for my expenses for my trip (which cost $2000). Yet, a $900 credit would mean virtually nothing considering that Stub Hubs User Agreement states that "StubHub has no control over and does not guarantee the existence..." of tickets or other items. So, essentially we would be defrauded all over again.

They did refund our tickets in full, but not before fighting really hard and having arguments with the Customer Service Representatives, the Escalation Dept., the "Other" department, another supervisor, Executive Claims Dept. and THEN the manager of the Executive Claims Dept... I spoke to 7 people and got hung up twice on. My husband and I would not have purchase the tickets from StubHub if we knew we were putting out the money for the trip for nothing. Recommendation: Never buy anything from StubHub and let your family and friends know to protect them as well.

I had priced and sold a ticket for $90 on Stubhub (received $81). Unfortunately it had already sold and was transferred on another website. I called to Camel expecting to return the money and a possible few and they charged me $152.99! Their policy is a MINIMUM of 40% charge on undelivered tickets but as in my case the fees can go MUCH HIGHER. When I had reached out to the company to cancel and asked for specifics regarding charges the employee only stated that another department handles that service and she was unable to provide details. Certainly they want to make sure sellers can provide the tickets but I could have replaced the ticket for the buyer with better seats at that price. I would hope for greater specificity on charges, beyond the fact that I will be paying at least x percent.

Bought desert trip tickets and paid $800 for 3 days. The reason we went in stub was because they lied and said tickets were sold out. Fast forward to now. The tickets are $400 for 3 days. Rip-off False advertising 1957.

Horrible and arrogant describe StubHub. Their website is right in alignment with their customer service - unhelpful, confusing, and non-responsive. Tried to sell Steeler tickets through them. Was much more of a hassle than it's worth. By the way, if you try to cancel... 40% of the ticket value of what you may be charged. This is another publicly-traded company that cares more about the numbers on the street than they do about their customers. Poor design of website shows their lack of attention to the needs of the consumer.

When speaking with customer service (after being booted off their "CHAT" 3 times... This equaled over an hour of wait time for a CHAT. Idea of CHAT is for quick responses, not hour long waits), they make you feel like you should have know what you got yourself into. Word to future consumers - Don't use StubHub!! The multitude of 1-Star reviews are accurate and a sad picture of what our business models look like in America. Money first - consumer last.

I'm crying as I write this. Back in August my family and I decided to surprise my mom for her birthday. Well, she loves Tony Bennett so we all pitched in, and bought her 2 tickets (front row center: ROW EE; Seat 7-8) to the Tony Bennett concert at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts. Needless to say, she was super excited. Well, 2 months later, and I receive a call from Stubhub today notifying me that the seller does not have my tickets. This was unbelievable. I thought it was a joke. We did this whole presentation for my mom; we made this 10 page booklet of her photoshopped with Tony Bennett. We even made her fake tickets.

So I called Stubhub, and was told that they are simply a marketplace, and that it is not their obligation. Simply put, they did not want to take any responsibility. They told the seller will be penalized with a fine, but how does that help me? I am utterly mortified. My poor mom thinks she's going to see Tony Bennett front row and center. How am I going to tell her that that whole celebration we had on her birthday, those pure unadulterated feelings of excitement are all for naught? I will never use Stubhub again.

A friend of mine and I bought tickets to the Falcons/Panthers game. Really good seats for not a lot of money. That should have been our first clue, but no, we bought the tickets. Got turned away at the door because someone had already used our tickets. Our tickets were double sold. It was basically a game of chance, who was going to get there first. I will NEVER buy tickets from StubHub or any other 3rd party vendor ever again. This was so upsetting not to mention embarrassing.

I bought a ticket on StubHub, but I had to sell it, so I sold it on the website. That worked fine, but I noticed you can list the ticket you already sold on StubHub again. My first impression was, "That's not right!" You shouldn't be able to sell a ticket that is no longer in your account. But sure enough it let me. The ticket then sold, and I told them, "Hey, this is a serious system flaw! It shouldn't let you sell a ticket that you don't have." And they said, "We let you sell the ticket even though you don't have it, because we are a ticket seller, so you can sell the ticket."

And I was like, "That's not right! It shouldn't let people do that." And they said, "It's not up to us, it is up to the seller to make sure they are not reselling the ticket." And now they are charging me a fine for selling a ticket I already sold. But really, it shouldn't have let me resell this ticket! Terrible company, and they don't care about fixing this security issue at all. Once you sell a ticket, it shouldn't let you resell it! This is common sense!

I placed an Austin City Limits ticket for sale on StubHub for $300. The ticket sold on StubHub before the ticket was shipped to me from Front Gate Tickets, the original ticket provider. Rather than have Front Gate send me the ticket, which I would then send to the StubHub buyer, I contacted StubHub's help chat (on August 8th) to ask whether I could change the shipping address at Front Gate tickets, so that the ticket was sent directly to the buyer. The StubHub customer service agent said yes, confirmed the address I was shipping to, and then told me that all I needed to do was provide StubHub the tracking number once Front Gate sent the ticket. As soon as I received the tracking number from Front Gate, I chatted with StubHub again to provide them with the tracking information. They informed me that they would confirm with the buyer that the tickets were delivered.

I did not hear anything back from StubHub, and so I checked the tracking information and saw that the ticket was returned to Front Gate as undeliverable to the address provided to me by StubHub. When I saw this, I contacted StubHub again to let them know (September 22nd, I spoke with Ruth-Ann). When I contacted them this time they were very frustrating, asking me why I didn't just send the tickets with the UPS shipping label that they had provided.

At this point I was very upset, since I had specifically asked about this and was told that shipping directly from Front Gate would be fine. Ruth-Ann asked me to have Front Gate re-send the ticket to my address, at which point I could send the ticket to the buyer using the shipping label from StubHub. I told her I wasn't sure whether Front Gate would do this and she assured me several times (in chat and on the phone) that my sale was protected by the StubHub FanProtect guarantee. I contacted Front Gate and learned that the ticket was sent to will call at Austin City Limits and that there was no way for them to re-send the ticket to me. I immediately emailed back Ruth-Ann and asked whether I should put the ticket under the buyers name at will call but did not receive a response back.

So, I contacted StubHub another time (September 25th) to ask them what I should do at this point. After speaking with an agent for a brief time, I asked to speak to a manager. At which point I received a call from Jerome, one of the supervisors. Jerome informed me that since the tickets never reached the buyer they would not pay me for the sale. He reviewed the original customer service conversation and admitted that the original agent gave me incorrect information. However, despite the fact that at every step I followed StubHub instructions, they would not pay me for the ticket sale. When I asked, they also refused to send me a copy of the conversation for my records.

This was the most frustrating customer service experiences I have ever dealt with. I followed StubHub's instructions at every point in this transaction and now am left with a ticket at will call in Austin that I cannot sell. They should take responsibility for their agents giving out incorrect information and pay me for the sale that I made as they say in their FanProtect guarantee.

Sold some tickets on Stubhub. Didn't mark they were side view as I didn't see that on the ticket. Customer returns the tickets. Stubhub says they can charge 20% to 100% of the ticket value as a penalty. So I figure I have to pay the difference between the replacement tickets and my tickets. Basically, they charged more than two thirds the cost of the tickets which seemed extremely excessive. I asked for proof of the cost of the replacement tickets and they refused. So basically they can charge you a penalty whatever they want. They will not provide you any documentation on how they came up with the penalty. You just have to accept it. Customer service does not care, I can tell from their tone they get a lot of complaints. The worst company.

I wanted to purchase 5 tickets for Hamilton on StubHub for the play Hamilton. I found there were not 5 seats together. So I put in for 3 tickets and purchased, then two tickets. When I pushed enter the screen went black. When I went back on I was sent back two steps so I entered the info again and pushed enter. It came up you already purchased tickets for this event. Well yes I thought I had purchased the three tickets already so I entered again and later received notice that I had 7 tickets and they would not cancel the extra 2. Also just received tickets and the face value is $59 each. I paid $611 for each ticket. They are master knock off masters. I will never buy from them again - period. Also their customer service department sucks.

I am not happy with their customer support. They understand your issue, but cannot do anything to help you. So to me that seems useless. As a buyer, they were a rip-off. Unless I am feeling desperate to attend a concert, and there are no other ways of getting tickets, I cannot use this site. They are the reason we all have to pay more for tickets to events. Some (not all) of these sellers just want to screw people over and it is very sad. I hope my contribution with my overpaid purchase makes a difference in their life. The end.

I ordered tickets for a concert. Good seats, expensive but I splurged. I waited and waited - tickets never came. I ordered them 2-3 months before the concert date. Called StubHub and was told they were delivered. Now being delivered and being received by me is two different things. According to them they were put in my mail box.

I called them again and was informed I was basically out of luck. I could repurchase but that was it. I asked if the seller could have them reprinted and was told they checked with him/her and they could not be. This was strange. If they were purchased legitimately why would you not be able to get them reprinted? It is not like they would worry that several people would be in the same seats getting in for free. I would not buy from them again. If you have to at least make sure they are sent certified and that they can be reprinted if something happens to them. This was a very expensive painful lesson.

The title may sound overbearing but it is definitely the truth. I will start off saying that I made a mistake and I understand that I should pay for it. I sold tickets on StubHub that I had listed for both Ticketmaster and StubHub. I had a change of plans therefore I couldn't anymore and decided to get them off my hands quickly by listing them in both, both below what everyone else was selling (by about 5 dollars). I didn't realize they would get sold so quickly and had to cancel my order that I sold to StubHub.

I called them letting them know that I no longer had the tickets and understood that I need to pay the difference. I spoke with a representative over the phone, getting her to walk me step by step through process and was told I would need to pay the difference between my ticket price and the next one within the same section and better row. I sold my tickets below for what I got them for at 115 each for 2 so I was suppose to get 230 dollars. I talked the representative to let her know to not pay me out and just bill me the difference.

She told me it was too late and my check had already gone out (I chose to get paid via check) and that I will get billed the value of the tickets and the difference. I had talked to her and gave her examples of tickets that would work within the area and she agreed that all would fit in the description of "Same section and better row." They were all 5-10 dollars more expensive than mine and I understood that I should be paying around 20 dollars from it. I asked the girl if she wanted me to take some screenshots of what I was seeing and keep track of these sells in which she said it was unnecessary.

Couple days later I got billed 270 dollars, which confused me a bit since I expected to only be billed 20 dollars more. I once again called them and they explained to me that I would need to speak to claims about this issue and afterwards told me that it most likely because it was less than 20% of the ticket price and therefore I got billed the remaining amount. I had already submitted to something to claims and they kindly told me that since this was my first mistake, I would get 25% off. Up to this point, everything was done very professionally and cleanly.

Upon the 12 days I should've gotten my check, I never got anything so I followed up with StubHub. No one can explain why I didn't get it and calling back in circles for 3 weeks straight telling me that I would get a call from someone (which I never did). After talking to 8 customer representative, a claims representative and a supervisor who had reached out to accounts, my answer was that somehow the ticket they found to replace mine was 270 dollars more than my original tickets I sold and my check was never mailed out because they were billing me the difference.

It was completely OPPOSITE of what the first girl had spoken to me about and was just ridiculous and unbelievable. I just sat there listening to him explain to me that somehow, out of 1300 tickets in the whole arena that was on StubHub, the "best match" one that they found was more than double of my tickets, in which I have photos of tickets that were better than my seat in the same section for only 10 dollars more. Afterwards, I asked to have my recording because they misinformed me in the beginning and I wanted proof that is what happened and there was more than 100 options at the time of my call with seats better than mine that was less than double of my ticket price. The supervisor said no and that claims won't reopen the order to look if they made a mistake.

I already knew StubHub was making money off the buyer and seller as the middle and they are allowed to. But this so called "Sourcing" team of theirs, just makes things up and then they bill you WAY over the amount. I'm very upset and literally feel like I just got scammed. I might as well got someone to scam the tickets off my hands because I originally bought the two tickets for 250 dollars. I just wanted someone to enjoy them and get some money back so I didn't have a complete lost.

Now, I have to pay more than the actual value of the tickets I bought in the first place. BIGGEST SCAMMERS EVER. They won't even let you listen to your recorded conversation afterwards to prove what your initial phone conversation was. I'd suggest to just stop buying and selling on StubHub and just sell it where you originally bought it from (most likely Ticketmaster) and forget a 3rd party site where they can just publicly scam you.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.
  • Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.
  • FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.
  • Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.
  • 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.
  • Best for StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Compare Ticket Websites