1.10/5
Based on 144 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

645 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

Buyer beware of StubHub! Please do not purchase from them! I recently purchased 4 floor tickets for a music festival, but they shipped me incorrect tickets (non-floor seats) less than 3 days before the show. After several customer service calls, my options were to 1) refund & cancel the tickets for the sold-out show or 2) accept my worse tickets with the price that I paid for floor seats. Not to mention the flights and hotels that I already purchased for the show. I was a long-time StubHub user but will never be using them again! Please beware that their “FanProtect Guarantee” does not protect you from receiving the wrong tickets! The saddest part is that StubHub is owned by eBay, which did $2.2 Billion in PROFIT in 2017. But they were unwilling to spend any money on a 12-year customer to fix their mistake.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Came from Canada to go to Chicago and wanted to see a Cubs game. Bought the tickets, game was postponed. We were not able to go to the postponed game as we had to drive back. Tried to chat with customer service about what could be done as we were not able to see the game... They did not help us at all. We are now 250$.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Searched StubHub for tickets for the Friday game on the 22nd in Boston, it gave me the tickets for tonight the 19th in Minnesota for a game that already started. NO warning, they just took my money, and when I asked for a refund, they said, "we guarantee the seller so sorry...we don't care about the buyer." Never again...DON'T BUY FROM THEM. They only want to make money. Buy from the real site, and not the cyber ticket scalpers. SHAME ON YOU STUBHUB...

Resolution response: June 15, 2018

After this review and other postings, StubHub did in fact provide a FULL REFUND. I asked that they review this policy going forward so other sellers do not have to pay such outrageous fees if a game never happens. Thank you StubHub for doing the right thing.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I sold tickets to the Washington Capitals Stanley Cup game on StubHub on May 5th. On May 8th, my two boys told me they really wanted to go so I notified StubHub I did not want to deliver the tickets. Prices were significantly lower then. For 3 weeks StubHub delayed taking action despite repeated phone calls from me (they were waiting to see if the Caps would even be in the Stanley Cup). Once the Capitals won in the earlier rounds, prices went way up and StubHub finally replaced the tickets to the buyer.

Because of the delays, StubHub agreed to charge me "only" 40% of the original sale (or a fee of $1600). I called, again, to complain about this exorbitant amount and the supervisor offered to charge me only half of that ($800). The StubHub supervisor suggested I relist the tickets on StubHub given the high prices and then buy cheaper seats for my sons, in order to be able to make the $800 back in profit from selling the seats. HOWEVER, the CAPS WON!! There was no game 6 -- no home game #3 -- and no tickets as the game does not exist. Yet StubHub is still charging me an $800 fee. I am a retired single mom and called them yet again to see if they could waive this appalling charge. They refuse to waive the fee despite the fact there was no game! I have zero recourse and NEED YOUR HELP to get that money back.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Buyer beware!!! This is the first and last time I will ever use StubHub. I purchased tickets to Hamilton in NYC. The ticket prices were high, which is typical, but in comparison to Ticketmaster, the StubHub website shows you the view from the seats you are looking at. I was going back and forth between the two sites, I found comparable tickets on both sites, but the ones on Stub Hub were about $10 cheaper. I added them to my cart, and the next thing I knew they were purchased and there was a $125 Service Fee Per Ticket. You cannot review your purchase before you click to purchase, and the service fees appeared after I let them have my credit card information.

I called Customer Service to ask what the fee was for, which is basically their profit after the seller sells their tickets and re-coups their money. They keep the tickets in the site for you to download when you are ready, so there is no "service" there is no UPS delivery or mail so basically I just paid $500 more for tickets than I had to. They were completely unsympathetic when I called them and I will never use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: June 8, 2018

Bought ticket on StubHub for Game 3 NBA Finals in Cleveland 2018. Ticket was listed and plotted on the arena map incorrectly. Ticket came through on StubHub as what I thought I had bought but when it arrived in FlashTickets it was different. StubHub had allowed seller to incorrectly list the ticket but still processed the transaction. Called StubHub day before the game and they said there were two 114 areas (one a Suite and one a Section) and I had bought a ticket in to the Suite. Turned up and I was in section 114 as per FlashTicket and it was a miserable seat for the price paid. Flew from New Zealand, drove from Chicago, got played by StubHub and the Seller. No protection, no responsibility.

Original review: June 7, 2018

SELLERS BEWARE!!! This was the first time and last time that I use StubHub. I sold some tickets on their website (3 tickets to be accurate) and I get an email a week later saying that one of my tickets was invalid, and that they were trying to charge me triple the amount that I had sold it for. I called their investigation team and we had a conference call where we called the original supplier of the ticket and they confirmed that the ticket was scanned successfully and that it was later re-scanned (a few mins later) and then buyer claimed they couldn't get in when the buyer duplicated the ticket and tried to get someone else in. So now I'm being charged for someone else committing fraud.

So StubHub decides to charge the seller for something that the buyer did. When I asked if I went and bought a ticket from their website and made a 2nd copy and hand it to a friend to get in and then claim I couldn't get in, then they would refund my money and they couldn't answer me. I told them that I would make sure to tell everyone I know to buy tickets from them and make a 2nd copy. That way a buddy gets in for free and so do you and you get your money refunded back. They responded with, "No we don't want you telling people that." In other words yes that would work. I am disgusted with the way this company conducts business and will never be using them again. They ended with that is the risk you take by selling your ticket in an 2nd type marketplace.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Throughout the entire checkout process it showed 328 for my total, until I clicked submit, and my order was processed, then it showed over $400 being charged. I contacted them immediately and they did nothing to try to rectify the situation, would not cancel, and were not friendly. They threatened to cancel my account and ban me from using their services, which is no great loss. I will not ever use their service again, and will do my part to make sure no one else does either.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was on StubHub on my work computer on my break buying tickets to CMA fest, found the tickets I wanted and put them in my cart. Went to check out and the site would not let me sign into my account to buy the tickets I wanted because my password was incorrect. It would not let me change my password from my work computer so I got the email on my phone that prompted me to change my password, changed the password which allowed me into my account, right to the check out page (302 pm), great. Clicked order, get to the confirmation page and the ticket is now a different section and price (the ticket I had in my cart were more expensive but I didn't care because I wanted to sit with my friends. I immediately called StubHub (303 pm) and got a guy who told me there was nothing he could do because they are a "marketplace".

I asked to speak with a supervisor who told me the same thing - there is nothing she could do. But after I explained my story again she said she would "pull some strings" and have the technical team look into it for me. WHILE STILL ON THE PHONE WITH THIS LADY I get an email from StubHub (320 pm) - "we are really sorry there was a problem with your order. We want to make it better. If you relist your tickets we'll waive your fees." HA what?! I'm still on the phone with the supervisor. (If I decide to sell my tickets StubHub would still get the service fee from the next buyer for their website's mistake PLUS I now need to buy another ticket and HOPE the ticket I don't want sells...)

The lady come back on the phone (323 pm) and tells me the tech department did not see a problem with the order and she will gladly list my ticket for sale for me. I then asked her if she thinks I'm a liar, she wouldn't answer the question but kept telling me how easy selling the ticket was going to be. I told her the concert is tomorrow and there are many tickets for sale. She kept ignoring me and just kept telling me I can sell the tickets for what I paid for (which would make it the most expensive ticket by over a hundred dollars in that area). I kept trying to plead my case and was getting nowhere so I finally caved and said to allow her to list my ticket.

She comes back on the phone and stated she needed my bank account information because when selling tickets you need a bank account or prepaid credit card on file, so of course I asked why and she stated, “Because you are the seller and need to guarantee the ticket is real”. So I said I just bought the ticket and it's at will call... She said there was no way around it because the computer wouldn't let her list it without a card on file. So I gave her my account number. Now my tickets are on sale for $637 (what I paid for them after fees and taxes) which again makes it the most expensive ticket it the area (Before tax and fees the ticket was 529).

I told her I was not happy and the concert is tomorrow - her response was, “There was 5000 people looking at this event now so your chances of selling the tickets are high”. Then she stated she will ask the tech department to do a more extensive review of the sale but it can take 72 hours. I again explained the concert is tomorrow. She told me there was nothing else she could do for me. I will never use StubHub to buy tickets again and can't believe they get away with things like this. They are crooks.

Original review: June 6, 2018

A couple of year ago I bought a ticket to an NFL playoff game. I put the ticket up for sale later on StubHub. I was eventually able to sell the ticket to someone outside of StubHub, so I immediately cancelled my listing on StubHub. A few days later, I get an email from StubHub saying someone bought my ticket. I found this very surprising since I had already cancelled my listing on their site. I called StubHub to find out what was going on. They told me that since the tickets were no longer available, I owed them the ticket price plus a ridiculous fee on top of that.

I told them I had cancelled the listing days earlier. The rep said they had no record of the cancellation, but luckily I had the insight to take screenshots of my cancellation so I sent the screenshot to her and she told me that they would "investigate" it. I get a call 2 hours later after their technical team did see that I indeed cancelled my listing so I was off the hook. Even though things turned out well, after this experience, which was my first experience with StubHub, I'll never use them again. They are either disorganized or unethical in their practices. Even though it was a hassle and mild inconvenience for me, I think how much of an inconvenience it must have been for the person who bought my ticket not knowing it was no longer available. I'll stick to more reputable sites in the future when I need to buy or sell tickets and you should do the same.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I am very disappoint with my experience through StubHub. Upon buying tickets to a baseball game online through their system I had no idea that the game would be delayed 2.5 hours to a start time of 9:30. At the stadium there was an announcement of refunds were being given. My family who I bought all the tickets for we decided to bail on the game and get our refunds. But when I went to get my refund I was told StubHub did not upload all the information that was needed for a refund via their side to Stetson and that they were unable to locate my tickets. We still left for we all had work the next morning. When talking to a member of StubHub I was told I would be unable to get my refund for the game wasn't completely cancelled.

I understand that however, if they had uploaded all the information that they were supposed to the system I would be able to get a refund. So I am very disappointed with this system for they are sneaky not to show all their paperwork so that they can corruptly take your money. I will never be buying from StubHub ever again. And a warning to all who is this company if you do purchase from them make sure that they do all of their paperwork to the ticket sales to the place you are wanting to go see.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My husband and I purchased tickets to a concert yesterday that was held last evening. When we arrived and our tickets were scanned we were told they were invalid. We were fortunately able to purchase new tickets at the box office but they were at the side of the stage so we were only able to see the side of the performers and none of the effects that were projected on the screens behind them.

I called StubHub this afternoon and they said they would take 24 to 48 hours to investigate the matter. They did not offer any sort of compensation for my trouble. A credit towards future purchase would have been a minimum that I would have expected. We will see how the refund process goes, but I've already decided not to purchase tickets through them again.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I purchased 2 tickets to Aladdin The Musical for my Fiancee and I, a play she has desperately wanted to see. Put $366.05 on my Visa. 9 Days later, THE DAY BEFORE THE SHOW, StubHub cancelled my ticket order due to "a problem with the seller." This was a show that sold out weeks in advance. StubHub could not offer me other tickets. The best they could do was refund the charge on my credit card. What a disappointment. StubHub needs to do a better job of vetting its sellers. Reading the reviews here, I am not the only customer who has experienced this problem.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Someone really should start a class action lawsuit against StubHub seeing as how many people they have ripped off, including myself. I accidentally purchased three Weird Al Yankovic tickets for $20 each, which included a $21 fee. After I purchased them I noticed that they were parking passes. This is because the listing was not clearly listed. I tried to cancel the order immediately, but StubHub would not let me, instead asking me to try to sell them on their site where they would be able to charge someone another $21 fee if someone purchased them.

Needless to say, I did not sell the tickets (even though the agent claimed that there would be high probability that I would), and StubHub would not reimburse me, so I'm out $81. I really feel like I got scammed by the seller of the parking passes, and StubHub. StubHub calls themselves a "marketplace", but in what marketplaces do people not get a chance to cancel an order, or to at least even communicate with the seller of an item? Almost none. This company has sinister intentions in the way that they make their money, and have awful customer service skills.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had listed 2 tickets for sale at $525 each. I received an email that the tickets sold for $271 each. StubHub is sticking by their sale and forcing me to deliver or have me pay a 40% penalty. They claim that I changed the price, which I did not. Total ripoff.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have purchased 4 tickets for 336.53 and they cancel the event with no notification. I call several times and the only thing the customer service said that they won't give money back. I totally understand but at least give me a date when Marcos Witt will be performing. They don't know and my money is in the air. No one has call me, they told me I can sell the tickets through them but I don't know who's going to buy a ticket when they don't even know when this artist is coming. I would never buy anything through them.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Regarding The ABBA concert - I bought a ticket for this concert yesterday worth total $165.65 for 2 tickets thinking it was really the price and with good seats. When I print my tickets today and it was sold I guess originally by a certain Carter ** for $29.95 each ticket! I called StubHub and spoke with certain Ray and see if he could do something about it and I was been told that I can’t replaced nor refund those tickets at all. It was a RIP OFF selling it more than 100% of the real cost! That not legal at all!!! StubHub is a ripoff!!! Don’t trust them at all!!! They’re taking advantage of the innocent people!!! Screw them!!!!

Original review: May 12, 2018

I purchased three tickets to a concert for my daughter’s sweet 16 (over $500). And immediately after printing them we realized that they were wheelchair accessible seats and that we could be refused entry if we weren’t disabled. We contacted StubHub immediately and were basically told that we should have read the description and they could not refund them. The only thing we can do is try to resell them but it would be hard since they are wheelchair accessible. What they should have done is make that right and refund the tickets because it was an obvious human error.

Now our only choice is to try and resell them in the same fashion and hope someone else either is actually in need of wheelchair access ticketed or that they make the same mistake? This feels very unethical to me but now I need to recover the most money for my daughter’s birthday gift or she gets nothing. I posted a similar post as this on a forum on StubHub and it was removed and I was sent a private message that they can’t refund them because the seller would be penalized. A simple solution would be not to penalize the seller. It’s their policy so why don’t they change it? I am not happy with how they handled this situation and unless they make it right somehow, will never use StubHub again.

Original review: May 12, 2018

My experience is that the StubHub guarantee is worthless, and Flash Seats will outright steal from you with no accountability. Both have terrible customer service. I bought 2 concert tickets through StubHub, and was directed to retrieve my tickets using Flash Seats. I created a Flash Seats account and the seller that StubHub represented transferred the tickets to my account. Everything seemed to work fine.

Two weeks later, I received an email from Flash Seats that my tickets had been transferred. I logged into my Flash Seats account and saw my tickets had been transferred to Flash Seats' Support without my knowledge or consent. I contacted Flash Seats' Help Desk but they could not explain why my tickets had taken. I was told my concern had been escalated and someone would call me. Over the next 3 weeks I called 6 times and had to restate the problem each time. I asked to talk to supervisors.

The last call this week I talked to a supervisor in Dallas named Ed that told me the original seller had asked for the tickets back so they had been taken from me even though I had paid for them. Ed said the tickets had been fraudulently sold, but refused to send me any documentation that I could give to StubHub. Also, Ed refused to transfer me to his supervisor and told me to call the event venue. I tried that too, but they wouldn't tell me anything.

StubHub refused to pursue my complaint because the tickets had initially been transferred to me... even though the seller was fraudulent. I reminded them of their 100% guarantee, but they refused to honor it and said it was up to Flash Seats. They contract with Flash Seats to distribute tickets so StubHub needs to honor their guarantee. Fortunately, I used a credit card and will be reimbursed because I didn't receive what I had paid for. I'll try to get tickets elsewhere and will never use either StubHub or Flash Seats again. I tell everyone I know not to buy tickets through them.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Terrible service waste of a night. Traveled over an hour to get to the concert. I was the only one of the three of us that could not get into the concert because my ticket I spent $200 on was already used. I spent half an hour on hold while the concert was now on and then another half an hour having way worse tickets issued and after 4 attempts they said, "We have to refund your money." And now I am spending $100 on a cab to get home because my ride is at the concert. Never ever using StubHub again. Please take my advice. Do not use this company. Oh and the email I got saying they will refund my money in 5 days is $50. I paid $200.

Original review: May 10, 2018

They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with and trust me I have dealt with bad ones. First off trying to get my ticket up & for sale was malfunctioning and didn’t even upload right. Then they say they sent an email to me saying a buyer purchased it, but I never received this email. I called to ask them why I am being charged a 40% fee when I was never even contacted that someone wanted my ticket. They were not understanding and said it’s not their fault. It’s all mine. I understand that you are saying you sent out an email however I never received one.

I am being now forced to pay an extra fee that could’ve been avoided if they were to notify me beforehand. The manager was very rude with me and raised his voice at me more than once. I will never be using StubHub again. I work in customer service & the only good thing that came out of this was knowing that I will never treat a customer the way I was treated. I always want my customers to have a fantastic experience even if there was a mix up because no matter what they are my very own billboard walking the streets. I will be a very negative billboard for StubHub.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I bought tickets in December for DISNEY JUNIOR DANCE PARTY. I was supposed to go today on May 5th at 6:00. I get the tickets the night before and it said Saturday at 6:00. Little did we know we were driving to Rosemont Theatre and they told us the Disney Junior Dance Party got rescheduled for 4:00 instead of 6:00. I was not notified by the seller through e-mail nor StubHub at all. So I contacted StubHub to find out what happened. They told me the event planner for Disney Junior Dance Party did not notify Stub and Stub did not notify me, because of that me my husband and daughter could not go. She was so disappointed kept crying and crying because we have been waiting since December and now that the time was here for us to go we couldn’t because StubHub never notified us of the time change.

The show originally was suppose to start at 6:00 and my tickets showed 6:00. And when I called StubHub they told me they changed it to 4:00 and I said, "4:00? My tickets show 6:00. How can that be?" They said they changed it without notice and I never got notified at all. So we could not go. An absolute disappointment. Never ever doing businesses with StubHub ever again. They are suppose to e-mail of any changes. Never received an e- mail at all. StubHub sucks. Never doing business with them ever again. If I could give them a zero I would.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Buyer beware. I ordered playoff hockey tickets from StubHub. I was informed at their site that I would receive the tickets via email soon. I waited a while and did not have the tickets. I checked my Visa card, and sure enough, I was charged. About three hours later StubHub called me to inform me the tickets/seats I ordered weren't available to sell. What?!? By this time the good seats were pretty much gone. I was told by the StubHub rep this: "At no additional charge to you, we can find you other seats." I almost fell out of my seat.

They charge me for seats they don't even have, they charge me a huge fee, then they call me hours later to tell me I can have seats they choose for me at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!!! Like they are doing me a favor! I was between a rock and a hard place. She told me the seats were comparable to what I had first purchased. That was not true! I was charged the same amount for worse seats. I will NEVER use StubHub again. Someone needs to shut this company down. They are the worst. Their fees are already so high, I couldn't believe they told me this.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Never using @StubHub ever again, nothing but a scam. This is the second incident I have had with them. I listed my tickets on there for $77 but when I got the confirmation email of the sale, it said they were sold for $70, which I never approved. I called customer support and they said I made the change to the price today, where I know for a fact I haven't changed the price since yesterday, I didn't even log into StubHub today. When I logged in while on the phone with customer service, the page where my listing was appeared and showed my listed price at $77! Never changed. I sent the screenshot to them, and they said nothing of it other than "thank you for sending this information". I was transferred to a supervisor after an ungodly amount of time, to which finally I had a supervisor that essentially just said word for word what the support agent said.

And when I expressed that their business practice was illegal and I am willing to take legal action, they told me to "Think about what I'm saying". I am astonished. After reaching a standstill in the conversation, the support agent eventually stopped talking, just out of the blue. I remained on the line for another 25 minutes, nobody talking, but I could hear the background noise. I kept asking if anybody was there and what was going on, to which there was no response. Eventually, they hung up the phone. This was a 50 minute call of nothing but covering up an issue on their end, resulting into illicit business practice, and further taking advantage of their clients. ** @StubHub. Never use their service, and spread the word, this is not okay. This is my second incident with them.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We bought tickets through these people which would have been 9$ a piece to see a small town baseball game and were charged 30$ a piece! That’s not even the kicker... we got here and they told us the tickets were standing tickets! STANDING... have you ever stood thru a baseball game. You're ** kidding me right! I will never go through Stubhub ever again. They got me good.

Original review: May 1, 2018

This was my first experience with StubHub. I had ordered two tickets for a Broadway show for my daughter for her birthday. Then a few days prior I get notified that "unfortunately, the seller was unable to deliver your order and we have cancelled your order. We wanted you to know that we're working with the seller to ensure this doesn’t happen again. If their tickets are available, we'd be happy to help you find them. Just contact us for more details." They have ensured I will NEVER use their services again. I do not recommend using this service!

Original review: April 26, 2018

I listed a ticket for sale on StubHub. The ticket sold and the buyer received the ticket. I was suppose to receive my money within 5 business days. I have not received my money and I have called them multiple times and I get a new excuse each time for the delay in receiving my money. They obviously are not going to send me the money that I am owed. I tried to file a complaint with the BBB but was informed that StubHub is not accredited by the BBB. If you want to sell a ticket use another ticket resale site!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Bought a World Cup ticket 2018 with StubHub, claim to be an eBay subsidiary with full payment made, waiting for nearly a month, StubHub not able to provide the ticket or ticketing code for apply for FAN ID which required to enter Russia. The StubHub response is giving promise that ticket will be deliver, nothing else. Ask to cancel if StubHub can't deliver, their response is try to sell the ticket on their website on your own. Just felt cheated from the beginning. I will never buy any ticket from this StubHub.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I purchased two U2 concert tickets from these people for my wife and myself. Not until after did I realize that the two tickets I had purchased were not even seats that were together. I mean who sells multiple seats for a concert or any event that are not together? I went back to them to cancel the order at which time they told me all sales were final. Horse crap. What a swindling operation. They are now on my blacklist and I will never deal with them again.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I sold a ticket on January 6, 2018. I am still waiting for my payment. I have called 4 times and each time it is the same. "I've fixed it and you should get your money in 5-7 days." Utter incompetence. DO NOT SELL TICKETS on StubHub unless you want a real hassle. I will NEVER do it again.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs