1.17/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

799 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

This company should be party to a class action lawsuit in my opinion. Be VERY careful listing your tickets with them. We attempted to list our tickets and after the final step no tickets showed, so we re-entered them thinking they had not successfully listed. Apparently they had sold so fast that they didn’t show. Seeing nothing listed we relisted them. They sold again. We were held financially responsible for them and they charged us $600 extra! The system should alert you and say “Hey! These tickets already sold from this seller!” StubHub has a responsibility to design a system that protects sellers from this. The manager hung up on me. So frustrating. We will never use this company again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Last week I got the urge to go to the Elton John concert literally just days before his Portland concert. StubHub was the only source I could find. Bought two pretty good tickets. When we arrived at the gate we were told the tickets had already been scanned and were no good. We were directed to the Ticketmaster ticket office where they confirmed the tickets had been already scanned. They gave us a toll free number to StubHub customer service. The service agent that answered our call took our information and then immediately passed us onto a fraud agent. He was able to confirm our tickets where invalid. He suggested we get back into line and he was going to forward us new tickets, which he did.

He then stayed on the phone with us until we had been scanned in and on our way to our seats... and the seats were awesome! Better than what we had paid for, and more money but I wasn’t charged any additional. I of course had to “visit” our original seats which was filled with some tweakers that looked a little worried when I told em the Stubhub cops where looking for the people the tried to defraud them and me and it was gonna cost someone the price of my upgraded seats. Thank you very much! Overall they did what was necessary to make sure we made it into the concert and had good seats... Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

This was my first time trying to sell tickets on Stub Hub. I had priced my tickets at a certain amount. After editing the sale apparently I made an error. One of the three tickets sold for the mistaken price. I called to try and correct the error but they could not and told me I would be charged 40% or more in fees because of a mistake. So please DO NOT MAKE AN ERROR. YOU WILL BE CHARGED DOUBLE!!! They leave no room for error.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My first StubHub experience went terribly, inconceivably wrong. I decided to blow my annual entertainment budget on 3 Elton John concert tickets this a.m., StubHub confirmed the order so off I went on my merry way. Hours later, during my lunch break, I happen to check email and find these words in an email from you, "Hi **, We found an issue after receiving the following order from your account. For your protection, we've cancelled this order and temporarily locked your account. Please contact us and we'll help you fix this."

What? WHAT?!? I frantically dialed the customer service number, where I spend the next 50 minutes talking with three different agents trying to figure out the problem (I never was told). The first two agents played the "let's put her on hold for a very, VERY long time and just see if she'll go away." So I was forced to hang up and call you a total of THREE TIMES before finding someone who would actually provide me customer service. Throughout my lengthy hold times, I get a 2nd email saying this, "Hi **, Thank you for choosing StubHub. I apologize for any inconvenience in placing your order. Our system thought there was an issue with your account and, for your protection, prevented the transaction from completing. We have updated our system; however, you will need to place a new order."

PLACE A NEW ORDER?!? I'm sure you all can imagine how this went... I log in to StubHub and look at available tickets. The ones I bought this a.m. are no longer available and the next cheapest (if you can call these cheap) are conveniently $25 more PER TICKET. On top of that, the service charge has suspiciously gone from the $24 I paid this morning to $50.81 PER TICKET. And agent #3 is more than happy to help me get those purchased now that YOUR system no longer thinks there's an issue. Quite a financially advantageous "system issue" you've got going and some very deplorable business practices you're engaged in, StubHub.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Last fall, I took my gf to NYC to see a show. Bought the tickets through StubHub because it was sold out. Traveling from Baltimore, we went up for the weekend. Hotel, dinners, etc ran about $1,000. Tickets were another $400. Got to the show and our tickets wouldn't scan. The box office said they were apparently double sold, and that it happens a lot with StubHub. StubHub gave me a refund and a credit of 20%, but the show was sold out, so our weekend was wasted.

I used that 20% credit to buy her Justin Timberlake tickets for Christmas. Spent $800 on 2 seats. Went to the venue, had dinner, a few drinks, stood in the security line, and guess what? Yup. Tickets had already been scanned by someone else. Double sold AGAIN. Fortunately, the show was not sold out and I was able to purchase tickets at the box office. I got seats one section over for $150 per ticket. Lol. StubHub once again refunded my money and issued a 20% credit on top of it. This time however, I want my hotel paid for too. If anyone wants a 20% credit for StubHub tickets, call me. I'll sell it to you for half price, along with some swamp land in Florida. DON'T EVER USE THIS SITE, unless you want to hold your breath standing in the security line to your event. Fortunately for me, I made out the second time with better seats for much less money, plus a credit, but chances are it won't work out that way again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Week of 1/1 we posted (4) United Club Chicago Bear Playoff tickets on StubHub for $450 a piece. Several days later, we never received any notification from StubHub on status of tickets and our listing disappeared. We unknowingly went to the game and thus were turned away since our tickets had been re-sold online via the "Barcode", rendering our actual paper tickets invalid. When I contacted StubHub, they denied any wrongdoing. Sariah from StubHub's Trust and safety team, explained our account was never hacked, and the listing for our tickets were taken down "one ticket at a time" and resold on Ticketmaster. She instructed me to deal with Ticketmaster direct, since they were the vendor whom sold the tickets and StubHub's hands were tied. I said I do not have an account with Ticketmaster and they would not be able to help.

She was unapologetic and irritated, and refused to give me the contact information of her supervisor. So I called Ticketmaster and surprise, surprise; they told me there was nothing they could do, given I posted my tickets on StubHub and StubHub should've notified me if the tickets were taken down. What is lost in all of this bureaucratic game of ping pong between two major companies, is we are out $2,000 did not get a chance to attend the game. We have already invested nearly 15 hours without a response or proper customer service handling. I am seeking legal action as I have exhausted all my alternatives of resolution. How can you post a ticket online, and be exposed to theft via your "barcode" without recourse? Does this not smack of a huge vulnerability in StubHub's security system?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Recently bought tickets to NHL game in Anaheim. Paid $600 for 6 tickets, for which they sent me an email that said I could use mobile app which I tried to use but couldn't install on my phone. So instead I printed the tickets. When I went to the game they wouldn't allow printed tickets in anymore. We missed the game. When I called StubHub they refused to give a refund, didn't offer even partial refund or talk to supervisor. Unbelievable.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased tickets to an event. I had no idea where I would or could park. I seen that StubHub was advertising for parking for event, didn't say 3rd party seller and said it was 0.05 miles from parking spot to event. I purchased tickets for a total of $24.95 + fees of $7.25 = $32.21. The ONLY INFO provided was that it was 0.05 miles to venue. I HAD TO PURCHASE IN ORDER TO GET PARKING DETAILS. Once I received details I noticed that it said SP+ parking operated lot. Further only allowing my vehicle to be parked from 5 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. So I went to SP+ parking site and find had I went directly to their purchase site that from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. (said daily parking 18 hrs) would have been only $11.25 + $5 into weekend and 24hrs would be $25 for 24hrs weekend rate.

I would have been better off not dealing with StubHub and searched for parking myself and or just went to the parking lot at 5 p.m. The Only option given was to resell as a seller but there would be no refund. Rep could not answer how someone is able to sell a spot that is in a paid public parking facility. She further stated that it is for profit and StubHub makes no money from the sale... It makes me sick. NO MORE BUSINESS FROM ME!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

We had a very negative experience with StubHub. We purchased a very expensive ticket for the Premier League for my son and his 21st birthday. A dream present for him. When he got to the match, the seat was completely different to the one we purchased. StubHub admitted it was their mistake. And yet, despite their Fan Protect 100% guarantee, we had to fight for a month with them to get a fraction of the refund. Terrible service. Misleading advertising. I’d never use them again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My husband and I purchased tickets in October 2018 to the Peter Seeger concert which will be January 11 in Tennessee. We were not able to go so I went back to StubHub to sell them... Which I did... I actually took a $50 loss but was just happy to recoup some of my money. Yesterday I received an email from StubHub that they are charging me for the cost of the tickets because they were NOT VALID TICKETS! What? Hello... I bought them from you... So now I am going through the hassle of reporting them to PayPal, Better Business, ConsumerAffairs and you the consumer!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased very expensive seats Courtside Row 1A. The section on StubHub website showed the section as 1 row. I viewed the picture from the seats. It showed Front Row courtside just as I was looking for. I viewed Row 2. It showed a 2nd row seat with seats in front of it. When we arrived at the venue we were seated behind another row listed as Row 1 with seats directly in front of us. We had 0 elevation and it was extremely hard to see. When I called StubHub they ramble and ramble and do nothing. What a waste of a company. I may dispute the charge but will reach out again to the senior leadership team. Such a fraudulent sale. They should be ashamed. Indiana Pacers and Bankers Life Fieldhouse was the venue. Proceed with caution.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

STUBHUB IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER! DON'T DEAL WITH THEM! I tried to preorder Kelly Clarkson tickets and somehow got taken to the StubHub website. I accidentally purchased the tickets for Fresno which should of been for LA for over $200! I tried to get a refund for the mistake but StubHub refused to work with me or give me a refund. I opened up a complaint with my credit card company and they refused to give me a refund as well. Here is the thing StubHub refuses to give me my tickets until the day before the concert. Since Fresno is not close It is unacceptable that I get the tickets the night before. They are basically unusable. This is ridiculous. I paid for the tickets. Give me the tickets! This is such a rip off! Never do business with them. Their customer service says they want to help but they don't! It is all a scam! A VERY DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMER.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was searching for seats at a Queen concert in July in Wash DC. Clicked on several seat locations back and forth, picked 4 in a good section, saw almost $700 in my cart, loaded my AmEx card info, hit OK and Voila, the site said, "Your Cirque du Soleil tickets are all mine!" Just a few problems here: I didn’t buy those tickets and the performance started in 45 minutes and I live 4 hours from DC. I feel these were dumped on me fraudulently. I called StubHub literally seconds after seeing this and they said tough luck, they wouldn’t help.

I use computers all day long and know this site flipped for some reason on me. Rep even asked if I had a screenshot of my cart before I clicked OK and of course I didn’t. Never thought that was needed on a reputable website or with a reputable company. The fact he even asked me this makes me believe this wasn’t the first time they have done this. It is in dispute now with American Express fraud folks. Stay away from this scam, because they will hide behind “Sorry we don’t own the tickets, we just sell them for others” (and dump them fraudulenty also on suckers like me).

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Bought World Cup Junior Hockey game tickets on Dec 30th in Vancouver BC, as the New year treat for my sons. When arrived to Rogers arena tickets were scanned but we've been told someone scanned same tickets barcodes earlier. We didn't get any error messages from StubHub nor replaced tickets. When calling customer service, they said the seller should have left us voicemail about some "issue" with the tickets. When I asked why not email and replaced tickets, which they said it was a good question. As a result - two upset sons, and we had to go home, as new tickets at the site were pricey. They offered a refund, let's see what we get with that. Will never use their "service" again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Ordered tickets for soccer game in Manchester. Problem with hotel accepting original delivery before we arrived so tickets returned to seller. Still 10 days before event and I immediately contacted Stubhub to resolve. Spent full week on web-chat, phone, completing forms, but never got a single reply - every chat agent committed to getting back to me but never did. Finally the day before the game they confirmed the “trusted” seller had received the returned tickets but was under no further obligation to give me the tickets I’d paid for. They didn’t have to remail, and I even offered to collect them but was refused. This is a complete scam - because of 1 mix-up at the hotel reception the seller can refuse to give me my tickets and Stubhub were no help at all. I’ve submitted a formal complaint, let’s see if they respond. €500 lost and two sad sons - Happy Christmas!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Placed Snowglobe tickets for sale on StubHub only to find at last minute that tickets could not be transferred via mail in time so attempted to cancel sale since it could not occur. Even after attempt to cancel transaction, Stubhub charged $84 for 40% fee for tickets that were never sold on site. Attempts to resolve with customer service were useless as they were unwilling to reverse the fee nor even reduce the fee even though no transaction occurred on Stubhub. Complete lack of customer service, absurd policies and lock on market for innocent buyers/sellers seeking a safe place. Craigslist is sadly a safer place then Stubhub for ticket sales. Last Stubhub visit!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I was selling tickets to the SEC championship game on StubHub. While monitoring the prices I decided to lower the price of my tickets. It's simple, you go to your account. Lower the price of the tickets and re-post. Within a period of minutes, the time it took me to log into the site and re-post the original tickets sold and the re-posted tickets sold. They are telling me their system doesn't track the sell of seats and that I am responsible for the double sell of the same seats. The facts as I see them: They do track sells because I was sent an email that indicated an error had occurred. They will not let you speak with anyone. I requested to speak with someone multiple times. They will not tell how much they paid for the replacement tickets or why wasn't the buyer notified that they seats had been sold and purchase other seats on the site.

They want to scam me out of $1895.00. I know the seats around my section were going for $640 to $675 per seat. So for the four seats that were sold twice the buyer paid around $2500.00. StubHub took their $2500.00 plus they charged my American Express $1895.00. So, they got around $4400.00 for the tickets. Does anyone else think that is wrong. I still contend that there is a glitch in the system?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased concert tickets online but StubHub failed to deliver. I contacted them numerous times and each time I was told that they would review my case. I am still waiting to receive the refund. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

If you want to buy the tickets in StubHub, please ask Jesus to bless you. If it has any problems occur, StubHub staff doesn't help you. Even I prove the ticket was fake and not exist, they don't refund to you. Paid a huge service fee and got the ** service. I sent a comment here few time and StubHub replied to have someone to follow and until now "No". Please think it clear when you choose their service. Very painful!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased two tickets to go and see Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road tour from StubHub on July 04, 2018 and put the charge on my American Express. Tickets were promised on Dec. 10, 2018. Show was dated on Dec. 12, 2018. Around Dec. 10 I received a email stating that my tickets would not be delivered until Dec. 11. and on the same date I received an email stating the ticket seller did not deliver the tickets on time and no tickets were available. I requested a refund which they did provided three days later. The show was for my wife birthday, which we could not attend. So StubHub had my money for 5 months and now I did not get my tickets. Bad business company, I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I purchased tickets through the venue vendor for the national volleyball tournament in Minneapolis. We fully intended to go. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we were unable to go. I waited until after the regional finals were completed to post the tickets on StubHub. I selected the flash ticket sale on the website because I have never had actual tickets that I could not electronically transfer. There was no description of what a flash sale ticket was. If I had chosen the hard ticket option, I wouldn't have been able to sell them. My tickets sold on the Wednesday prior to the event. I filled out all the paperwork as provided to me by StubHub.

I received an email later from Stubhub that said that the buyer had not yet received her tickets. I called the 800 number that they provided and the person from Stubhub said that I was stupid and I should have known that I was unable to transfer these as a flash transfer. How would I know that there was no description of what a flash transfer was and why I wouldn't be able to do that on the website. So I told her it was no problem that I would just overnight these to the buyer. I had the email of the buyer and reached out to her to sell these tickets. She sent me her address and I spent ANOTHER $80 to overnight these tickets to her so that she would receive them prior to 10:30 a.m. the next morning.

I ran out like a madman to get them to the UPS store before the deadline and I after I returned I got another email from StubHub that said that they had canceled my sale and that I was being fined $400.00 in addition to not being paid for my tickets. These tickets were over $600 each plus shipping. So now I am out $1700, considering the cost of my tickets, the fines and cost of overnight shipping. After the game on December 13th, the purchaser sends me an email requesting that I call her, which I do.

She tells me that StubHub send her an email canceling my order and selling her ANOTHER set of tickets (sale number 5 to her because all of the other tickets had the same problem mine did, they couldn't be flash transferred). She received a phone call from StubHub telling this buyer that I was a scam artist and was committing fraud on their site as I never had tickets to begin with, which was a lie and slander against me. She then received her sixth set of tickets because number five also couldn't be flash transferred and before she left for the tournament, my tickets were delivered to her overnight. She said she sold them at the tournament for me. I will NEVER do business with StubHub again.

Think of the windfall they received just from this one transaction. They received a $400 fine x 6 for all these sales transactions being canceled for their lack of ability to communicate and instead of sales commissions for the tickets. The original amount received would have been 6 x $120. Instead they received 6 x $400. Plus the lady who received my tickets told me that everyone around her at the tournament had the same problem with the flash sale because StubHub did not explain that hard tickets could not be electronically transferred for this event. What a mess. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do business with STUBHUB!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I bought my boyfriend Toronto Maple Leafs tickets - Sec 120, Row 2. This was for his birthday. To be honest, I was extremely nervous purchasing these tickets because they're SO EXPENSIVE, almost double the retail price and there were a ton of negative reviews and I was afraid I'd get fake tickets and get denied at the door. My best friend purchased tickets from StubHub before and told me they're pretty legit and never had a problem. I took a huge gamble on these and bought the tickets for $500 each. The day of the game, I was literally shaking in fear and prayed the tickets were real and they would scan properly and thank God THEY DID!

My boyfriend had the best time at the game. We were so close to the rink and the player's bench, we even fist pumped each player as they were going in and out of the rink. Thank you seller/StubHub. We had such an incredible experience! For anyone thinking of buying tickets from StubHub I would still be a little bit careful only because there are sellers out there that scam people which is unfortunate. But the good thing is StubHub provides their customers with the Fan Protection plan meaning if you ever run into any trouble with your tickets they can either find you a replacement OR a refund. So there's that to consider. Good luck!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My daughter gave me a $100 StubHub gift card in December of 2017. I tried to enter the code and PIN into my online profile, but it would not accept it. I started calling StubHub to resolve it and since last March I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with them. I still can't use it. Now they claim that they have figured it out, it's December 21st 2018. Still no results. I have lost tickets I wanted 3 times now. This company does not give a damn. If it doesn't show up in 24 hours I'm going to throw it away because I can't stand the grief of realizing they ripped off my daughter and I. Terrible!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have used StubHub for ten years selling NFL tickets (almost 100 games) always in pairs. This week I found that Stubhub split off one of the tickets, leaving the other unsold. The associate I spoke with admitted error and assured me they would reimburse. Next day however another individual gave a circular argument insisting it was my fault. Maybe for the best as I had grown tired of their extortionate fees and am ready to move on. If you are a seller look elsewhere. These people do not value loyalty. Can you not give zero stars?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I listed tickets in a section listed on my tickets. The website accidentally listed them as box seats even though I put them in the right way. Right Section and Row. The seats with that section and row are not even offered in box seats. They had a search engine issue but wanted to charge me 40% fee and cancel sale saying I listed wrong. It was a website error and they won't admit it. Never selling here again. Lost tons of money!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We listed our NCAA tickets on Stubhub and were offered two options - paper tickets or Flash Seats. Although I had paper tickets the time to sell part was past so I researched Flash Seats. I located the venue and found that you could convert paper to flash seats at Target Center which was where the event was. I listed the tickets as flash seats. My tickets sold and I went to transfer via flash seats. When I did this my transaction was denied and I soon found out NCAA restricts flash seat conversions.

Ok so I call StubHub and ask how I can get the tickets to the buyer. Historically they had a drop site downtown for paper tickets similar to Will call so they could verify the tickets were picked up and voila you get paid. They said they no longer do that and since I couldn’t deliver the tickets they would cancel the sale - no problem. The transaction was very cordial and polite. 24 hours later I get a charge on my credit card for $396 for a canceled sale. They said they had to buy the person other tickets but other tickets were available for much cheaper.

I inquired and found out you are charged the cost to buy the new tickets or 40% of the list price whichever is GREATER. This was an honest mistake and I was willing to do whatever it took to get the tickets to the buyer. This is a scam - of course they got rid of their drop locations because they make more money this way. Nowhere was this enormous penalty disclosed (well I have been told it is in the fine print). It certainly wasn’t disclosed over the phone when they told me no big deal we will just cancel the sale. I have canceled my account and will never use them - there are lots of ticketing resale vendors.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I will never use StubHub again to sell tickets. Their system is very confusing when trying to sell tickets for "open sessions" and despite contacting their live chat agents two times the day that I posted, I received an email from them AFTER the event stating that there was an error in my posting and they were taking back my payment! Even though their own agents didn't catch any error. They were awful to work with. Despite their fees, there is no support or acknowledgment of their error.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

This company needs to be shut down. They some crooks. Been a Lakers fan for 20 years. Bought my tickets with StubHub. Fly 3000 miles to L.A to see the game and get denied at the door. I'm so pissed off.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

So I guess now they have a variable ticket fee for the seller, I found out this morning it's 10% to 15% depending on the concert...WTF! I have now decided to just go with TickPick fewer fees for buyers and don't want to deal with StubHub unethical way of running a business. I did not get an email on the change of fees or it is also not listed on their website.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

In fall 2018, we purchased $436 tickets for an event at the Fox Theater in Atlanta, GA. Upon arrival we discovered that our view of the stage was completely blocked by sound equipment. The Fox box office told us that the original purchasers of the tickets were informed of the issue at the time of purchase. The tickets were then resold to us via StubHub at premium rates. We left the theater and called StubHub immediately. We clearly explained the fraud perpetrated by the seller. StubHub refused any responsibility because “blocked view” wasn’t printed in the tickets. We lost the cost of the tickets, the concert opportunity, and confidence in StubHub.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs