1.17/5
Based on 165 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

680 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Besides the exorbitant fees Stubhub charges for buying and selling. Think $100 fee for buying Bruno Mars tickets, if you sell tickets on this awful site, they have the ability to not pay you! SO basically they steal your money. Sell tickets on team sites or other venues, not this ripoff. When buying tickets why should the fee be a percentage of the ticket cost? Are you telling me that it costs $100 per ticket to process a sale of Bruno Mars tickets but costs $1.80 for processing a sale of a Cleve Browns exhibition game? How can that be?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Wrong click from disabled person cost $230 - I am disabled and have trouble hitting key sometimes. I wanted to get a Phillies game for Saturday at 4:05 PM. I inadvertently picked Thursday at 4:05 not realizing it was the date till I click the mouse. I ended up having to buy both tickets and StubHub refuse to even give me service fee back which is over $20. They were rude and not compassionate all to a disabled person making mistakes. Now I find there’s no way out of the experience. Legally they are covered for everything.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I purchased tickets for an event with them. Purchased 7 tickets and only received 6 tickets. It is hard to actually talk to a person at StubHub to resolve. The day before the event, I finally heard back from them and they said the ticket must have been lost in my email. Made no sense since I got the other 6. I told them to forget the 7th ticket and refund my money for it. They insisted it was sent. I finally received the ticket 1 HOUR BEFORE THE EVENT. I live in Atlanta so you can't wait to leave for an event an hour beforehand. Since I hadn't seen the ticket or any resolution, the person the ticket was for obviously assumed he wasn't getting the ticket and didn't go. So we basically ate that ticket. I continued to complain and go nowhere with them.

To make it worse, I had posted Taylor Swift tickets for sale with them (all of this was a week apart). Sold all 4 tickets. They sent me an email 20 minutes after the concert started that the tickets weren't valid and that they weren't going to pay me for the tickets. What the heck is up with that??? There were people in those seats because I had the seats next to them. So I really believe they are a scam. My question is, what can I do?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Purchased tickets for local popular concert, all tickets sold within 10 minutes of being online - we have to do something about these scalpers! Less than an hour after they went on sale found 2 tickets on StubHub - with section/rows/seat numbers - including a seating chart indicating location of tickets. Paid $325 EACH for 2 tickets the scalpers paid $35 for. Only to find out upon arriving with my son to celebrate his birthday that I had paid a total of $798 for 2 General Admission seats - spent the concert standing on the top balcony. Called Customer service - they'll give me 20% off my next StubHub purchase - afraid not - I'LL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER TICKET OFF STUBHUB.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I would give StubHub negative stars if that was an option. They are an online scam that charges extraordinarily high surcharge fees for any activities. This review is based on my attempt to resell a ticket on their website which I had initially purchased from them. I had bought 3 soccer game tickets for my daughter, husband and me. My daughter is a sophomore soccer player and my husband a soccer coach so this event was intended to be a birthday gift to these August babies. It turns out that we had a conflict so I tried to resell the tickets back on StubHub.

First, they suggested that I sell the tickets at $100 each. I initially paid $388 for each Coaches Club ticket so that suggestion was absurd and a poor attempt at online robbery. I decided to sell them at $325 but I would receive less than that given the additional surcharge StubHub charges for the resale. I unexpectedly sold only 1 ticket and was concerned that we would be left with only 1 ticket so I took the last 2 tickets off the market at the last minute and we rearranged our personal schedules to attend the game. When we went to the stadium, the agent scanned the ticket from my phone and I even asked my husband how do they know which ticket to not scan? A week later, a rude StubHub representative called me to tell me that it was my fault for not scanning the correct ticket so they are charging me for the full ticket and an ADDITIONAL $70 penalty fee. In essence, I paid $500 for a ticket that was not used by my daughter.

I asked to speak with a StubHub manager, and she told me that there was not one available. I then told the StubHub representative that their online system is very flawed if they did not disable the ticket I sold and they allowed more than one person to have the same seat scanned. It is not my fault that the stadium agent scanned the wrong ticket from my phone.

My lesson is to never use StubHub ever again, and I want to publicize what an online scam they are. The representative refused to tell me her name, and she was arguing with me online. She was being extremely vindictive and it is not fair to a retail consumer like me to be yelled at online and then robbed from my account since they have access to my personal information including my credit card. This is online robbery that must be investigated as soon as possible, and there must be a stop to this. I will dispute this charge and refuse to pay for a mistake that is not mine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Last year, we purchased tickets for an event about two months in advance. StubHub never deliver the tickets to us. As the date you’re closer they gave us the runaround and blamed it on other people. They end up canceling our transaction and said we can we buy the tickets for $300 each. We initially bought them for $100 each. The same thing just happened to my brother-in-law for our Hollywood bowl tickets today. This company is absolutely ridiculous. They should be boycotted and banned and fined. I recommend you never use them for any tickets and if you do make sure you do instant download.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased two tickets through StubHub and paid for row B in the center pit. I hadn't received the tickets so my mother who is in her seventies called to find out when we will receive the tickets. That's when they informed her that the supplier doesn't have the seats available after it was available and that's what we paid for. They offered seats that are farther back and that if we didn't accept the offer that we would lose out. My mother couldn't understand what they were saying because there was a language barrier. I called myself to find out why our seats aren't available after they were paid for, and how can seats that were available all of a sudden not be available. I've never heard of or experienced anything like this! There really wasn't an explanation other than "it doesn't happen very often." I asked for a refund and was told that once the offer is accepted that they can't refund it. This is the first and last time I will purchase tickets through StubHub!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I sold two Hollywood Bowl tickets that I personally purchased at their box office, photographed them and uploaded them as mobile tickets. They sold. I never received payment and then 5 days later was informed the tickets were bad and that I'd be charged. As they require you to disclose your account information, this money has been auto-debited out of my account. In the meantime, I've asked Hollywood Bowl to research the barcodes on the tickets -- whether they were in fact used. This is my first time using StubHub as a buyer or seller but likely my last. Unless Hollywood Bowl tracks this kind of thing, I apparently have no recourse. I don't know what keeps people from "gaming" the system but I know those were good tickets!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Hamilton Tickets New York. Purchased tickets for the first mezzanine. Asked if this was the first row and she said yes. Also asked if she’d been to that theater Richard Rodgers in New York City and she said no. Apparently they have call centers and she was not familiar with the seating chart. I had the last row in the mezzanine. I had to sit it on the edge of my seat for 2 1/2 hours of the play. I am 74 years old and that’s not the way to enjoy. I could not see the stage. I requested some reimbursement for that situation and they said they reviewed the phone call even though I confirm that she stated these were the front row of the mezzanine. By my saying I agreed to the purchase. That’s the way they have their out.

They offered a 20% discount at any future purchases of tickets for one year. I do not go to plays in town or out of town. This was a visit with my son. It was terrible. I called, explained my feelings about it and explain that it was misrepresented on the phone and they get you by saying you agree not knowing that it was given incorrectly. I would advise you to listen very carefully to your ticket selection and to not agree unless you are absolutely sure of the location. I will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I was visiting in Cincinnati and bought eTickets via StubHub that were supposed to be emailed to me by the date I bought them for a FC Cincinnati game the next day. I opened a chat with StubHub and they immediately got in touch with me and tried to contact the seller who did not answer. They assured me if I didn’t have the tickets in my inbox by noon the next day (day of game) I would get a full refund or equally acceptable tickets provided by them from their guarantee. I was worried and nervous. Still no tickets by noon the next day so I opened another online chat and immediately, the StubHub rep apologized to me, could not get in contact with the seller of the tickets (he/she would not answer the calls), and so the StubHub rep offered me 2 options - a full refund, or comparable tickets.

Since I wanted to go to the game I first asked to see the comparable tickets. Within minutes I was offered center field, better-valued tickets than I had purchased (I had bought 3rd-row sideline, these were center field, row 31 - about a 10 dollar difference in price). I took these and these were delivered instantly to my inbox. Throughout the conversation I was always given many apologies from the StubHub group. I would give this a 5 had my original seller not fallen through as I still had to go through the stress of ‘no tickets’ originally. But I wanted to write the review to provide proof that there are no issues with the 100% guarantee! Thanks StubHub.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I recently used StubHub for the first time to list two tickets that I was desperately trying to sell. When I had no hits, I even tried using Vivid Seats. I didn't end up selling the tickets so I ended up going to the game. A day after, I noticed a charge on my credit card bill from StubHub. Confused, I called them and they told me that the tickets had sold - I checked online and indeed they had. Unbeknownst to me, they had sold two weeks prior to the game. I HAD NO IDEA! I never received an email from StubHub, although they said they emailed me. They mentioned that they tried to reach out but I never once received an email or a call - my email, phone number, and even my personal address is on there. I felt terrible for the person who had bought the tickets, and if I had known that the tickets sold, I would have definitely transferred the tickets immediately.

StubHub went on to say that it was my fault for not monitoring the site - even though I had logged on and did not receive any notification or alert that my tickets sold. I spoke with SAMANTHA and CURTIS on August 1st, 2018. Both were very rude, and had attitude problems, and needless to say - very unhelpful. They told me it was my fault and that they would not reimburse me for the charge, even though I did not receive any email or any alert from them that my tickets sold. Needless to say, I will not be using StubHub again. ZERO STARS. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE AS A FIRST TIME CUSTOMER.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

They did not pay me the amount for 2 tickets I sold, and the only explanation I receive was that I had a penalty of previous cancelled sell, for which I was never notified. The cancelled sell I had to cancel it via mail because their international website had a glitch that did not allow me to pause or stop the advertising of the tickets. To my email they only told that they will find different tickets for the customer, but that was all the communication.

Two months later I was waiting for the payment of the tickets I sold, but they just said you will not receive payment because previous penalization, but to the date I have no notification of any penalties or the amount I supposedly owe. So, they just charged me x amount of money the day they have to pay me other sell, for the exact amount they have to pay me that day. All of this, without a single notification. Do not use them, the is another company that have lower prices for buyers and pays the sellers without delay after the even so VIA GO GO there instead for selling or buying.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I uploaded 2 .jpg tickets to Zac Brown concert at Citi Field Flushing New York the morning of the event and 9 hours before the event was to start. I have several emails and acknowledgment from StubHub that my tickets were accepted later on that they were sold and later on that the tickets were given to the buyer. Approximately 10 hours later and 30 minutes after the event that started I received a cancellation from StubHub stating my ticket images were improperly uploaded?

I was not offered any compensation. I contacted customer service after waiting an hour on hold and was told there was nothing I could do is that the fine print clearly stated they had to be uploaded a certain way. I informed the customer service rep that my images were accepted hours later they were purchased and hours later they were transferred to the buyer. Had I known this in the morning I could have easily uploaded the correct version or whatever version they were looking for?

Any other public site that requires images to be uploaded will reject them if they're not proper. Not only am I stuck with two tickets that cost me $577 I'm out to 300 plus dollars they were sold for on StubHub and offered no compensation. I could have easily corrected the problem long before the event started or sold them elsewhere. Not only am I left holding the bag but I was told by the customer service rep that the buyers were left stranded outside the event and unable to get in with their printed copies.

This is a company that specializes in re-sales of Concert and Event tickets and there is no better method to verify proper ticket upload? If I were to upload a picture to print at the local Walgreens, it would kick it back if it was improper so you can't tell me they don't have software for this when this is all that they do? Here I am now two hours after the event started, left with nothing, no apology and "too bad you can't even speak to a supervisor " and then I was hung up on. How could you possibly run a business like this?

Original review: July 24, 2018

I purchased tickets to a concert for $281.90 - I then saw the charge on my credit card, except it was for $380.28. When I contacted the chat line for help, they said the ticket prices are in US dollars, but nowhere on the receipt or confirmation page before confirming my purchase did it say this. I spoke to a supervisor who came out guns blazing before I could even explain the issue. She told me the USD pricing is noted on the front page when you're first looking at tickets. I confirmed this and said, "Yes it is, but in small writing." Why is it not on the receipt? She could not answer that. And when I explained how shocked I was to see an extra $100 charge on my credit card because they neglect to put USD on their receipts or warn customers of the exchange costs, she was fake and told me, "I'm sorry you can't read." She offered no help, no refund. I will never purchase tickets from this site ever again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

An absolute nightmare. StubHub has a terrible website function and has cost me hundreds of dollars in lost work time and ticket sales owing to poor customer service and glitches in their system. I would absolutely never list tickets here again. I had several NFL tickets to sell for the 2018 season. At first the site erred in listing only ONE ticket for sale, although I had listed two tickets for six games, using the electronic bar codes. I discovered that error purely by accident, but it cost me money in lost sales. They told me to relist. I did, and then they removed the listings as ALREADY LISTED.

We tried again. It appeared the tickets were listed. Except they were not. No, after two weeks StubHub arbitrarily UNLISTED the tickets, and DID NOT INFORM ME OF THIS. Yet more money lost. I called to try to resolve the problem. No luck. The StubHub customer service rep was snippy, nasty, and condescending. And, ultimately, she could not solve the problem. She was going to punt it up to their "technical support" team to resolve "within 24 hours." NFL tickets cost thousands of dollars. Because of the absolute incompetency of StubHub, I lost many opportunities for sales, and spent an entire morning--actually more than one--trying to resolve the problem. And they couldn't even SOLVE THEIR OWN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY! LIst ANYWHERE but StubHub. And DEBACLE in online ticket sales.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I purchased two tickets for about $100 each at the last minute for a concert. Next thing I see are service fees adding up to $61.84. Then they included an $11.90 "discount". Gee thanks. There is no reason for "service" fees to be so high. I spoke with an agent and he basically said if the ticket is in demand, the fees are higher. So it's a nice big fat cash grab for StubHub. They are obviously extremely greedy. They know suckers will pay if the act is in demand. I was close to cancelling, but I promised my son we'd see the show. I'm done with StubHub.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I tried StubHub to buy tickets for concerts for me and my family. I thought it worked well and I had great experiences. That was ten years ago. Fast forward to today: I was "window shopping" for tickets for a concert in another state as a surprise for my son. The two day concerts, same venue and band, were not sold out on the band's site. So I was looking around to see what was available. I X-ed out of the StubHub website and immediately saw an email from StubHub "Congrats! You purchased the tickets?" WHAT?! So I immediately live chatted SH Customer Service. The rep asked me how I was looking -- using phone app? Computer? She said "depending on how you were looking at the website, I can help you".

I figured they must have issues with their apps, but I was honest and told the truth: I had been looking at the site on my home computer/desktop. But I had NO idea how something I had been only looking at became a PURCHASED item? (I was not even sure at that point my son could go). She then said "So here's what I can do! I can re-list those for you!" I went around and around with her... questioned why she asked me what method I was looking at the website… Nada. No use. Nothing they could do and nothing I could do. I was stuck with the tickets that I was not even sure I could use and that I KNOW I did NOT PURCHASE. Confused, I accepted the fact that I had the tickets and I told my son-- who was beyond excited.

So, night two of the said concert and I texted my son to send me a picture of him and his friends at the show. He texted back that he was having a blast but "the tickets he received in the mail did not work". I asked him what he meant and how he got into the show. He told me that upon being scanned the tickets read on the scanner "STOP. VOID! SHORT BAR CODE". 1. I was mad that he had not told me that so I could call StubHub and raise holy heck (the tickets were over $100 EACH) and 2. I was so angry that I had not even WANTED these tickets and now there was a major problem with them and my son had to get in without being able to see them!

I immediately live chatted STUBHUB because it was almost midnight Sunday and offices were closed. The rep said they would need to talk to me on the phone. She said someone would call me within 24 hours. 24 hours came and went. I was determined to see how long it would take for someone to call me back. It is now Tuesday and I just received an email asking me to complete a form saying the tickets I received were not able to be used. I am beyond disappointed. My experiences back in 2009, 2011, etc were so good and now this happened and... reading here all the other similar stories, it makes me sad and angry. But, smarter too! I won't use StubHub again. Too risky and not a good enough site. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

DO NOT ORDER FROM STUBHUB!!! It's my fault for confirming the order when I had doubts while placing it, I own my part but the way the tickets were worded read Parking Passes Only Willie Nelson Tickets, the price would be the cost of both and it listed 1 under tickets that read GA (did not read Parking). I assumed it was for General Admission. The seller knew what they were doing when posting the tickets! StubHub does not do refunds or cancellation of orders so my complaints fell on deaf ears but to top it off by adding insult to injury the manager (NOT IN THE USA) who took over the call told me she wouldn’t have made that mistake because she is careful with her money. Thank you StubHub for taking my money and insulting my intelligence! Your seller knew what they were doing when posting the tickets as they did. This will be my last time using this service and I will make sure to warn people about placing orders with your company.

The site is not transparent, sellers can mislead with wording and the “Chat Now” button on their email goes to a Q&A page, not live chat, with no contact info for StubHub! It takes digging into the site to find a phone number to call and you are transferred to another country where they apologize and tell you how sorry they are and understand the issue but they won't help. READ THE FINE PRINT, DO NOT USE!

Original review: July 15, 2018

I purchased some tickets for a concert at the Budweiser Stage in Toronto. Obviously, they were re-sale tickets of some kind and had the original purchaser's name on them but apparently that is not unusual. As the security person scanned the tickets at the venue's gate, the scanner alerted us that these were fake tickets or at least invalid! You can imagine the irritation and disappointment. So why am I giving StubHub a positive review? Simply because of their "FanProtect" 100% money back guarantee.

The following day I called them and after a brief questioning period, conducted by a very polite and attentive StubHub representative, they fully refunded my money with no hassle. I was impressed with their customer service and the fact they clearly take that money back guarantee and their reputation seriously. Realistically, this is the risk you take with re-sale tickets but I can honestly say that StubHub may not guarantee the validity of your tickets but they do guarantee your money. I should also say I used them at least once before this incident and had no problem with the tickets on that occasion. If you are leery about StubHub tickets, maybe just bring some extra cash and look for a scalper in case your tickets are rejected. That way you can at least see the show and rest easy because StubHub will refund you.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I sold 4 sets of tickets and tracked them with UPS. The UPS site showed them delivered in 2 Business Days. 8 Business Days later StubHub had them showing as "in transit" rather delivered. I don't get paid until 3-7 Business days after delivery. Because StubHub didn't update the UPS shipping information I now have to wait another 3-7 Business Days to get paid. I had to dig to find a phone number to call and straighten it out, prove that the tickets were delivered, (which the Stub Hub representative confirmed with UPS), and then updated my account to show them delivered. Now, I wait another 3-7 days before the money is in my account. Makes me think they are playing the "float" with the buyers money before they release it to the seller. Is there another source for ticket sellers? I don't that many transactions and I would like to find another more reliable and predictable source.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I bought two tickets for $417. I tried to get a refund but the site was not working. I was unable to view the tickets or print them out. I spoke with someone today and was hung up on. Then the second person said sorry but there's nothing they can do. I asked for at least a portion back. They said nothing. I know they will get refunded but won't give me an avenue to get my hard earned money back. I will never use them again. They don't deserve any stars.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Please think twice before you sell tickets with StubHub. I am working on a lawsuit and would like to make it a class action lawsuit for the thousands of people who have tried to sell tickets and been charged hidden/ridiculous fees. My mother fell ill on the day of an event that she was attending and asked if I could help sell her tickets. I put her tickets up on StubHub with an option to mobile upload them. The instructions tell you to capture a photo of the entire ticket and then upload them directly on the site, which is what I did. The site said the tickets uploaded successfully. Within 30 minutes I received an e-mail that my tickets were sold. I called StubHub customer care directly to be sure that the tickets uploaded properly and were going to be valid for use.

I was told that the mobile upload option doesn't work like that (even though the site clearly gave me instructions and allowed me to upload the tickets). So I told the representative to cancel the transaction because I only have hard copies of the tickets. I asked what my options were and she said that I could try taking them to will call but they needed to contact the buyer first to get approval. After an hour on the phone with customer support, I was told that they couldn't do anything to help me and they would be charging me 40% of my list price for tickets that weren't even sold. I demanded a manager and was denied very rudely and then hung up on. I called back and spoke to a representative named Kathy who said she was communicating with a manager to get my problem resolved.

They proceeded to tell me that I never uploaded the tickets, which was false because I took screen shots. After 2 1/2 hours of being put on hold and rude representatives, I was finally told that the issue was resolved and given a service request number which was supposed to have all of the notes, stating that I wouldn't have to pay the fee.

Two days later, I received an email stating that I had to pay them $810 + $405 in fees because the buyer could not get into the venue. WHAT??!! I never sold the tickets. The transaction was cancelled!!! I spoke to someone named Matt in Marketplace investigations who was very rude! Did nothing to try to help even though I gave him the service request number. He even confirmed that he saw notes that I wasn't supposed to be charged, but said the other manager was wrong and I am going to be charged anyway. I will be getting an attorney. DO NOT trust this company or service. They are deceitful, money hungry, and have terrible customer service! You will regret doing business with StubHub!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I downloaded their app then check out the process of selling tickets. I entered all my info and at the end before posted I hit the back button on my Android phone. The app was not user friendly and I had many issues but in the end did not post the ticket. A few day later I see in my email the ticket sold within hours when it was not even suppose to be on StubHub. Called and chatted with several agents and they all were very rude and did not want to rectify the problem. Basically said they could waive the fee but it is what it is and they are charging me $600 because the listing was posted. After pleading with over 6 agents no one would help me and they blatantly refused to let me talk to a supervisor. I also requested to see my app session and they just hung up on me. BAD BAD COMPANY!

I am a single mother of 4 and cannot afford to just give away $600 when the StubHub app does not even work properly. I even clicked on the links in the email they sent me and they don't work. This was an error and they still steal your money. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SELLING ON STUBHUB!!! They steal your money. There are other sites. Please check them out before you are charged for their website/app issues. In the end someone should really do something about this company. I believe if there was an investigation they would uncover a huge scam happening here.

Original review: July 4, 2018

There are four of us that purchased season tickets in Capital One Club at Globe Life Park, home of the Texas Rangers. One of the guys asked me to list his four seats for the Fourth of July as he was unable to attend. I listed his tickets on June 12, 2018. This was first time I had ever tried to sell tickets on StubHub. Heath keeps his tickets in a bank in a deposit box in Nacogdoches, TX. I live in Henderson, TX. 45 miles away. They said I did not send barcodes for the tickets. On June 14, 2018 they said I relisted the tickets. If I did, it was inadvertent. I was unable to give them the barcodes because I didn't have possession of the tickets. On June 26, I received an email stating that the tickets had sold and they had the barcodes. Keep in mind, they are still in safety deposit box some 45 miles from me. July 1, 2018 I received another email saying my tickets had sold and they needed barcodes. I thought they were talking about the first sale.

I phoned Heath and he said he would go to the bank and send me barcodes. July 2, 2018 he sent me email with pictures of the tickets. I tried to enter them on StubHub and was informed that the tickets had already been sold and that I would be charged 40% for not being able to deliver the tickets. I told them I was not trying to defraud them, just wasn't sure of what to do. 10 seconds after hanging up my American Express card was charged $356.40. 10 days later I have still not received payment for the tickets, $651.60.

I have tried 3 times to get them to refund the 40% and to pay me for sale of tickets. They are saying I gave them bar codes on the June 26th, yet I didn't see tickets until July 2. I have canceled my StubHub account and will never use them again. #1 Why would I want to list the tickets twice? #2 Why would their system allow someone to list tickets twice? #3 Why would they sell the same tickets twice? Sounds like something dishonest is going on in their business model.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I almost didn't use StubHub because of all the bad reviews. I purchased theatre tickets for a Broadway show at Paramount Theatre in Seattle this past weekend using StubHub. I received the tickets electronically via email a few minutes after my purchase without a hitch. The tickets were half the price of other ticket sellers for equivalent seats and the fees were much lower than the other places I checked. Overall I was pleased with my experience with StubHub and will use them again. I hope StubHub steps up and takes care of the issues brought up by other patrons so they can get more positive reviews.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I was trying to buy 3 tickets for the Taylor Swift concert. I usual use Vivid Seats but the seats I wanted could only be purchased on that site in 2 or 4. Went to StubHub and they had the same tickets with the option to buy 1, 2, or 4. So my son at I at the exact same time tried to purchase the 1 and the 2. Because those options were available. Went through the process and mine went through but his kicked back unavailable. So I backed out and tried again. The same tickets came up but now 1 wasn't an option. Now you had to buy 2. I called customer service and they say they never leave a seller with one ticket. I said then one ticket should never have been an advertised option. After an hour on the phone there was nothing they could do and of course they suggested I resell it. More money for them. I wish I could give them no stars. My suggestion is buy from Vivid Seats!!!

Original review: July 2, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would & like a few others, set up this account for no other reason than to explain the horrible experience I had with StubHub. Back in May, I was trying to purchase James Taylor tickets (4) as a birthday present for my sister. After looking at many different sites, including the one my friend used last year for the same tickets, I decided to go with StubHub because of their name alone. Didn't know of the other company & was a little nervous using them. My mistake! The first problem was I had to make 2 separate purchases for lawn seats (1 ticket, 3 tickets). I paid for them both & was sent a confirmation email on both orders stating that the tickets would be in hand by Friday, June 29th. In my opinion, with the concert being July 3rd, that was cutting it close.

The morning of the 29th, I received an email from StubHub, stating that the 1 ticket order was on its way & I'd have it via UPS by 8:00 pm that evening. No tracking #, no information on the other 3 tickets but since that was a separate transaction, I figured I'd get another email. By mid-afternoon, I had not received an email about the other tickets so I went onto their chat. Spoke to someone who assured me that they would be there, but if not, they would look on site to find other tickets. But ONLY after reaching out to the seller to see what was going on.

Saturday, late morning, nothing. No tickets, no emails, no information from StubHub. I got back on chat & spoke to a person who said that yes, they were still trying to reach the seller. I pointed out the very obvious fact that IF the seller had fulfilled his obligation, I'd have my tickets. However, since that day had come & went, it was obvious I wasn't going to receive them, could they please replace the tickets. Because, according to their "fan guarantee" one thing they say is "We go out of our way to find replacement tickets if there is an issue with your order." - Yeah, THAT isn't true!! I hopped onto their site only to see that yes, there WERE tickets still available. However, they don't want you to have them because then THEY are out $$. So what did they do? They waited till Sunday - no tickets, have to offer a refund.

So 2 people who had to take (unpaid) days off tomorrow AND my sister's birthday present? Who cares, they aren't losing money. So yes, it's going to be my mission to get this out to as many people as possible because StubHub, in my humble opinion, sucks. No customer service to speak of. And no, I don't feel like telling me "we understand your frustration & will refund your money" is good customer service. "We understand your frustration & let us offer you these tickets" would have been fine with me.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have used StubHub for several years with no issue, this year however, the entire process has been "Updated", The mobile app is my preferred method of use, I logged into my account on Tuesday June 26, 2018 - found tickets and attempted to purchase, I continued to get an error message so I tried different tickets, got the same result. I contacted and received some feedback online from tech support which did not help, they referred me to call 866-788-2482 to get help from them.

After 2.5 hours of dealing with this problem I was told their interface with the NFL was brand new and was having a problem and the tickets could not be purchase. They assured me my problem ticket was entered and I would be notified when it was fixed, for the next 2 days I called again and got the same info. Today I check the app, and not only is it up and running, my tickets are no longer available! What is available now has a $27 service fee (they were $19 3 days ago) and much more expensive.

If you use the mobile app and PayPal your PayPal account must use the same email address to login or you're out of luck also, no way to update that info from a mobile device, tech support removed and I added the correct address on my laptop (Which was there and working 6 months ago) and the mobile app changed it back. JUNK APP and terrible customer support.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Purchased tickets over 4 1/2 months ago for San Diego Comi-Con. Was phoned today and told they are no longer available. I have 10 people going for a birthday of a 16 year old who has been waiting 6 months for this and so has the entire family!! This child has had serious illness issues for over a year and was looking for to this event for months!! I was told by the management that is was MY responsibility to know that they may not fulfill the order because it is on their website and I agreed to it. So make sure if you buy from StubHub you are totally prepared to not have tickets for what you planned on going to!! Make sure to let your friends and family know this is how they do business. SELL TICKETS, TAKE MONEY FOR 4+ MONTHS BUT DON'T HAVE THEM!! Or unfortunately like me have 10 people booked for a trip specifically to go to this event to be told the seller can't find his tickets!! Completely unacceptable!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I purchased tickets for the Eagles concert in November, 2017. I paid $375.00 for my tickets. I found out on June 18th, 2018 that my mom was having surgery and her surgery looked as though it was falling on the week of the concert. It was suggested to me that I place my tickets online to StubHub where I purchased them. I did, but I deactivated the posting when my mother called me back to tell me her surgery was the week after. I clicked "deactivate". I went into my postings and it said "no posting". I assumed the post was deactivated.

On June 26th 2018, I received a message via email congratulating me on selling my tickets?? I contacted the potential buyer via email and stated that I am going and tickets are not for sale - for I had deactivated the post. I went to check on my account and it said "action needed to be taken". I have never clicked "confirm" for this sale. The potential buyer is not in receipt of these tickets. These are my tickets! In contacting StubHub, which is a joke, outsourced to the Caribbean. I was told the tickets were in fact sold, and I would need to purchase replacement tickets, or pay 40% of the original sale of my tickets. This is a scam! The tickets are mine! I deactivated this posting the day it was created. My tickets are not "sold". I should not have to find "replacement" tickets, or pay 40% of anything. Please help me.

Not sure about StubHub?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Ticket Websites for you.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

199 Fremont St.
San Francisco
www.stubhub.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business