2.43/5

889 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased tickets for the BTS concert on May 11th 2019. When the seller sent me the Email to send the tickets to my Ticketmaster account I kept receiving an error message saying, "OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG." Ticketmaster simple told me since it was a StubHub purchase they could not help. I pointed out that the error page was a Ticketmaster issue and was told since not enough people have complained about it, it was not important enough to look into.

In comes StubHub customer service, literally for days they tried everything to correct the problem. They had the seller send me the ticket email numerous times, they called me daily to see if I had any success. They called Ticketmaster on my behalf, they went so far above and beyond that I was truly amazed. Never in my life has any company gone out of their way as StubHub did for me. They even planned to make sure I had tickets no matter what. The communication was not only by phone but followed up each time by email. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Now for my back story, only a couple people I spoke with from the service team knew that I am waiting for a double lung transplant and that this may be the very last concert I can attend with my daughter. I myself am a huge BTS fan so having this moment with my daughter meant more than everything to me. I hope and pray that I will have another opportunity to see BTS in the future, and I will never buy any ticket from anyone except STUBHUB. I want to personally take this time to thank each and every customer service employee, you are amazing. Have a beautiful year, hugs!! Michele

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Last week I got the urge to go to the Elton John concert literally just days before his Portland concert. StubHub was the only source I could find. Bought two pretty good tickets. When we arrived at the gate we were told the tickets had already been scanned and were no good. We were directed to the Ticketmaster ticket office where they confirmed the tickets had been already scanned. They gave us a toll free number to StubHub customer service. The service agent that answered our call took our information and then immediately passed us onto a fraud agent. He was able to confirm our tickets where invalid. He suggested we get back into line and he was going to forward us new tickets, which he did.

He then stayed on the phone with us until we had been scanned in and on our way to our seats... and the seats were awesome! Better than what we had paid for, and more money but I wasn’t charged any additional. I of course had to “visit” our original seats which was filled with some tweakers that looked a little worried when I told em the Stubhub cops where looking for the people the tried to defraud them and me and it was gonna cost someone the price of my upgraded seats. Thank you very much! Overall they did what was necessary to make sure we made it into the concert and had good seats... Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I bought my boyfriend Toronto Maple Leafs tickets - Sec 120, Row 2. This was for his birthday. To be honest, I was extremely nervous purchasing these tickets because they're SO EXPENSIVE, almost double the retail price and there were a ton of negative reviews and I was afraid I'd get fake tickets and get denied at the door. My best friend purchased tickets from StubHub before and told me they're pretty legit and never had a problem. I took a huge gamble on these and bought the tickets for $500 each. The day of the game, I was literally shaking in fear and prayed the tickets were real and they would scan properly and thank God THEY DID!

My boyfriend had the best time at the game. We were so close to the rink and the player's bench, we even fist pumped each player as they were going in and out of the rink. Thank you seller/StubHub. We had such an incredible experience! For anyone thinking of buying tickets from StubHub I would still be a little bit careful only because there are sellers out there that scam people which is unfortunate. But the good thing is StubHub provides their customers with the Fan Protection plan meaning if you ever run into any trouble with your tickets they can either find you a replacement OR a refund. So there's that to consider. Good luck!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used StubHub 3 times. First time was for BTS in Seoul. I was still in China so it was a slight hassle. I was quite worried that I would not get my tickets in time 'cause I had to go to Seoul. (The hard copies will only be sent to the original buyer a week ahead to lessen the chances to resell, so that's why). In the end I got a mail, asking to provide the address in Roman characters as I put it in Chinese. Afterwards, they recommended me to pick them up at a point near the venue because of Chinese customs taking often too long. Well, that's what I did. No issues at all and got my shipping fee back in a few days. Second time, for BTS in Seoul again, also just picked up my tickets, as it was the following day already.

Third time was a mess. Tickets for the BTS exhibition (I think you can guess by now I'm a fan of BTS). Basically, you had to show your ID and confirmation to get the actual tickets. I got the ID scan as well as the confirmation, but staff refused to give me the ticket, 'cause reselling is forbidden. Messaged StubHub, and they said I needed proof of rejection. Staff didn't want to help me, because what I did was wrong. (Fair, but too many tickets were scalped so I couldn't get one in the proper way). I told StubHub I couldn't get a proof of refusal, but they kept saying I had to in order to get the money back. They said an e-mail of a refusal of giving a proof of rejection was enough.

Well, if they don't want to help me at all, they would just ignore me anyway, is what I was thinking. I was on holiday, didn't want to spend too much time at that moment trying to get it, but before I was home and tried to e-mail them, I got my money back already. I guess Stub realized I spent over €800 on their site, so why would I suddenly make up a story about not getting in at a €22 event, rather than a €400 event. In the end, they even gave me a €22 voucher for further purchases. So although it was a hassle the last time, I'm very satisfied!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I was visiting in Cincinnati and bought eTickets via StubHub that were supposed to be emailed to me by the date I bought them for a FC Cincinnati game the next day. I opened a chat with StubHub and they immediately got in touch with me and tried to contact the seller who did not answer. They assured me if I didn’t have the tickets in my inbox by noon the next day (day of game) I would get a full refund or equally acceptable tickets provided by them from their guarantee. I was worried and nervous. Still no tickets by noon the next day so I opened another online chat and immediately, the StubHub rep apologized to me, could not get in contact with the seller of the tickets (he/she would not answer the calls), and so the StubHub rep offered me 2 options - a full refund, or comparable tickets.

Since I wanted to go to the game I first asked to see the comparable tickets. Within minutes I was offered center field, better-valued tickets than I had purchased (I had bought 3rd-row sideline, these were center field, row 31 - about a 10 dollar difference in price). I took these and these were delivered instantly to my inbox. Throughout the conversation I was always given many apologies from the StubHub group. I would give this a 5 had my original seller not fallen through as I still had to go through the stress of ‘no tickets’ originally. But I wanted to write the review to provide proof that there are no issues with the 100% guarantee! Thanks StubHub.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: May 24, 2019

I had bought a pair of tickets for a concert in Toronto and was unable to make it so I sold the pair on StubHub. I had no problems with the sale itself, the buyer paid and received their tickets. StubHub has deposited the ticket sale money into an account with information that matches the last four digits of my account, but I have received nothing. I have been in contact back and forth with StubHub for about a month and have been getting different bits of information every time. The most I am being provided is a reference number - something that means nothing and cannot be traced by my bank. StubHub has essentially told my I am SOL since on their end money has been deposited somewhere. I even sent copies of my bank statements over the last month for the respective account to show that the money did not reach me. I am still being told there is nothing they can do, and now I am out nearly four hundred dollars:

Original review: May 23, 2019

Wish I would have read the reviews on StubHub before spending almost $500 on 2 tickets to Shinedown. The tickets were advertised being in Row 1, seats 9 and 10. My husband and I got to the show and turns out we were in standing room general admission. I contacted their customer support and was basically told to pound sand. I have the order that shows the row and seat number and of course it didn't list it as general admission until AFTER I paid and the receipt was emailed. We will NEVER use them again.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Basically, I bought at premium two tickets to West Side story for Mother's Day. They ended up costing me more than 4 times their running price at $600+. I did it because my wife badly wanted to see the show. I chose the seats and paid for it. I receive tickets with different seats, but I only realize that when I get to venue. And to make it worse, one of the seats was an accessibility platform with no seat. After negotiating with staff at venue, they literally bring me a high chair to sit on. Needless to say, I felt odd and uncomfortable, and my wife did not appreciate the experience. We ended up walking out of the venue.

I warned StubHub of the scamming seller, and while they acknowledged that I was scammed, they could only refund me one seat, and would do nothing to follow through on the scammer because they have strict selling policies that they live by. Needless to say, I will never do business with them. Integrity is not a value they live by. And they decided to make an honest buyer pay, and a scammer stay. Wasted hours trying and I got nowhere. Avoid a company that does not protect its consumers. StubHub is one of those companies to avoid.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I listed 4 tickets for resale to Hamilton SF. Two tickets sold immediately then about 3 weeks later the other 2 sold. I received the pdf of all 4 tickets and uploaded the first 2 seats for order one and all was fine. NOTE all 4 seats were on the ONE original pdf SO I SELECTED THE 2 seat numbers sold in first sale. Then the last 2 seats sold I I went in to upload the last 2 seats. I 100% choose the remaining 2 seats and uploaded the original pdf with the four tickets as required. Today I was charged back the sale amount and $225 additional penalty stating I uploaded the same 2 seats from first sale. When I called and went round and round with William he just kept telling me I uploaded the same seats twice.

I KNOW this is not right. Again I followed their direction and the original pdf upload had 4 seats so if I selected the correct 2 seats in both sales the StubHub has an upload issue because they just keep blaming me saying I uploaded the same seats tickets both times saying they see them in both orders. Both orders had the 4 original tickets in the pdf and both orders had the correct SOLD seats selected so they have an issue on their end when they transfer the 2/ sets of tickets and just keep saying I uploaded the same 2 seats both times. I am not taking the blame for their system error so will be taking further action as this is NOT right and I wonder how many times they have done this. Will start with filing official Consumeraffair and BB complaints and taking further action as I’m not paying for THEIR error as I did all correct on my end.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I paid over $50 for premium parking at a Golden 1 venue in Sacramento and could never get in. Even though this site says "satisfaction guaranteed", that is a lie. They should not be selling parking for lots in this town. I paid another $20 to park some place else as the lines to the one I paid for were so slow and so long I would have missed my entire event. StubHub would not take responsibility or refund my money, of course.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have contacted Stubhub multiple times by both phone and email. They have referred me to the venue, ticketmaster and even the actual original ticket owner. What has happened is I purchased tickets for an event and though the tickets came for me to accept, I was unable to view or re-accept the tickets. I just wish that someone responsible from Stubhub would contact me. This is quite frustrating to say the least, especially the runaround I get from service reps who don't know what they are talking about.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I wish I read the rest of the reviews. I don't know if people are interested in reading the entire story or not but my recommendation is read each and every fine print of this site if you still want to do transaction in this site. Because one way or the other you will be penalizing for listing tickets there. Forget about making money. You will lose money.

Original review: May 12, 2019

A purchase was made using my PayPal account from another account. I opened a fraud case with Stubhub and they denied it stating that the purchase was similar to ones I made in the past. Notes: I eventually found the purchasing account by sleuthing with online chat and that account was under a different name and email address. Wouldn't that alone be a HUGE red flag?! The purchase ended up being Minnesota Twins tickets in Minnesota. I live in Chicago. I had purchased sporting event tickets before. Is that how broad their comparison basis is? The fraud department refused to note any reference to the purchasing account. If they determined that it was not a fraud case, why would giving me the purchase details be a problem? Fortunately, the online chat personnel were far more cooperative and I was able to get reimbursed.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I sold two tickets for $207 total, but they sold on Ticketmaster first apparently. I called StubHub to cancel the sell. They charged me $238 for replacement tickets for the buyer, so they somehow ended up with $445 for a pair of tickets. This is absolutely terribly unethical. One customer service rep hung up on me when I asked to talk to a manager. The manager hung up on me when I asked to talk to her supervisor. It was a TERRIBLE experience. I am talking to a lawyer. This can't be legal.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I am very disappointed in this company. I went to sell paper tickets the other day and a customer cancelled the purchase because I didn’t sell them in one day. I went on a trip and was sending them one day later with ample time for the person to receive the tickets and I was charged. Then I listed them again and I chose pdf option because paper tickets was not available this time and I didn’t notice. The person bought the tickets and I went get the shipping label and it said upload tickets. I went to upload them and I was not allowed to copy them for the pdf. I called StubHub to see if the buyer would be okay to have them shipped overnight and StubHub said they would ship them overnight. The person cancelled the ticket purchase again. I called StubHub and they went on and on about how I listed them incorrectly. But nowhere on their website does it say that paper ticket options are erased as an option.

The man I spoke with, Miles, was very rude and said I listed them wrong. He said they do not ship overnight anywhere. It would be a courtesy. Which is not true because I’ve UPS tickets in one day with them before and it never said anything about that being a courtesy, it’s a standard practice. Then I said why did the man I spoke with earlier say he could send them on the weekend. And he said, "No. We don’t send anything over the weekend." So they told me two different answers and I got charged 24$ and 32$ for both listings. I asked where on the website it says they don’t deliver over the weekend and he said in the seller's policy but I haven’t found any information on that. And then he hung up on me after sternly insinuating how I did all this wrong.

I tried to explain I’m new to StubHub and selected what I thought was best given my options. There was no better information on their website over their policy. The man hanging up on me while I was politely asking questions about the process and asking for help finding these policies online so I could avoid things like this in the future was so rude. I was completely baffled by the horrible customer service and how they were blatantly trying to blame me for it all when I was merely trying to find better information to avoid being charged further.

Original review: May 9, 2019

NEVER use this website. NEVER. Worst experience ever. I sold two brand new tickets. After the event, the buyers claim that the tickets were used. They did provide any proof. I provided all the transaction records I had as well as the original tickets, StubHub still charged me the full price I sold and also 50% extras.

Full of crooks on the website! NEVER use this website!

Original review: May 5, 2019

Worst experience ever. I'll start start off by saying that 1 star is even too much. They deserve to be blacklisted from the internet. All they are is a portal to connect scam artists with their victims. I bought 4 tickets for the Supercross Final in Vegas 2019. I received the QR codes from the seller a few days before via email. When they scanned them they came up as voided. I emailed the seller who told me he posted them for his buddy and gave me his number. His buddy never answered or called me back. Luckily one of the event staff noticed how distraught I was and came over and I explained what happened and showed her my emails and let us in anyways. StubHub has been incredibly hard to deal with and even though I got in because of the kindness of a stranger I feel I deserve a refund for being sold fake tickets and waiting outside the event for 45 minutes. I wish I had searched their cs rating beforehand. Never again!

Original review: May 1, 2019

Okay, I got a phone call a couple of hours ago. I was told that the concert ticket (Hozier, Altira Theater, Richmond) that I purchased for my daughter was no longer available. I'm guessing the vendor wanted to sell multiple seats beside the one I purchased, so withdrew my seat. It was a good seat, orchestra D. They offered a lesser seat far against the wall. After challenging that seat, they offered a another seat further back. I found a seat in orchestra B selling 1-9 seats for just a little higher in price. They refused to acknowledge those seats and made it clear that my choice was their second offer or a refund. I accepted so that my daughter will have a seat. Avoid StubHub like the plague. Check out other reviews. They all suck!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I will NEVER use StubHub again. I purchased tickets for game 2 of the Bucks vs Celtics game. Not cheap tickets might I add. The website showed this game as May 3rd in Milwaukee. Game 2 is on a Tuesday in Milwaukee and game 3 is in Boston, even my order confirmation stated that was a home game when it is not. Customer service is BS. I called and explained the situation and that I wanted a refund and that the info was wrong and I didn’t trust that I was getting the right tickets. They said it would need to be sent to special events and I’d get an e-mail. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Was then told she spoke to a supervisor who said the same thing. I hung up and called my bank. The charge is still pending, so they cannot file a dispute until it goes through. I’ll get my $ back but then it takes 10 days.

So I call StubHub again and finally get a supervisor. They admit their website was wrong and even though it says May 3rd in Milwaukee I did purchase tickets for the home game I wanted. But my order confirmation still does not show the correct date and location. They said they need to fix the website. At this point, I’ve been on the phone way too long to be issued a simple refund. They still refuse to give me a refund. So I’ll have to dispute it. I let them know either way they won’t be getting my business and never again in the future. Terrible customer service and they will not do the right thing. They do not care about losing customers.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased tickets for Queen in Melbourne which isn’t on till Feb next year, that’s 10 months away. On the terms and conditions it said that I would be receiving my tickets in within 72 hours. Almost a week later and no ticket. Had to make an international call just to hear them say that these terms did not apply and that I would receive my tickets a week before the concert. Paid $2100 for these tickets that they took the money out of my account. Why take the money if the tickets are not available yet? Stay right away from this company. Total fraud if you ask me. I would never use this company again.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I purchased ticket and the show was postponed until next year. Chances are it won't happen at all. I requested a refund and was denied. I contacted the BBB and they did nothing to resolve the issue. Never use them again.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I bought ticket for Michael Buble in Massachusetts. They sent me tickets for a concert that was already over in New Jersey and said it was my fault for purchasing the wrong tickets. Stay away guys. They are a fraud...

Original review: April 19, 2019

I purchased a ticket to Beetlejuice for my anniversary of April 20th. My husband has passed away so I thought a show would be a nice distraction. I printed out the ticket. An hour later I noticed the date on the ticket was April 13th...a date that has already passed. I chatted with a rep who said they would take care of it and get me the correct ticket but if I didn't hear back from them to call in the AM. No word back so I called and Tanya said my ticket was not available but they would get me a better one. After being on hold for over 30 minutes she came back with Row B Orch Side. I was in row L Center which is a better seat. She could not give me the actual seat number but said it was close to the center.

I said since there are only 6 seats in that section and it's so close to the stage how bad could it be. She said I could not print out the ticket but would have to pick it up but not to worry because the ticket office was only 1 block away from the theater. Well, I get my confirmation and it's not Row B but Row P and the ticket office is 24 blocks away from the theater. I immediately called back and said the new seat was unacceptable but was told since I had accepted them there was nothing they could do. No amount of arguing with them about the wrong information being given to me mattered. They gave me a $30.00 coupon for a future purchase which I will not use. I also will not use the inferior ticket because I don't want to walk the 36 blocks before the show. I'm officially done with StubHub! They do not resolve issues fairly!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I wanted to buy tickets for a Los Angeles Dodgers game the day before to avoid buying them at the stadium as I usually do. Redownloaded their app to buy the tickets, after finding them, had to update my new address and card info, but the tickets were for the wrong date. There is no way to stop the transaction. Called them immediately, even though it is difficult to find their phone number on their app.

Talked with their rep about what had just occurred, and was informed that there is nothing I could do about date. I explained to them about the error date. Keep in mind that the game had already started and I live two hours away, even though I did attempt to stop the transaction, once checked out they will not do anything about the situation other than offer to resell them for less than half for what I bought them. Remember game had already started, who was really going to buy tickets after an event starts and make to see it. Won’t be using them and don’t recommend anyone to them.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I resold a ticket for an event and TWO WEEKS later got a notification that my ticket was fraudulent. I definitely posted exactly what I had purchased and even reached out to the event team and they said they had the same order number for me and nothing should have prevented the ticket from scanning. Stubhub still refunded the seller and charged me for the tickets. I sent the information to Stubhub as soon as I received it and they took three days to get back to me and then said I had missed the two day deadline. Just horrible all around.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I bought two tickets to Dear Evan Hansen. I immediately (within minutes) realized I bought for the wrong day and called customer service to switch the day and they refused saying my only recourse was to buy new ones and sell my old ones in StubHub. I did not but because the ticket prices themselves were a rip off. I then looked at the tickets then and only realized then through some weird coding on the ticket that they tickets (costing over $200 each) were only partial view. Sheesh. Then I have tried to sell them in StubHub and post with the recommended price StubHub gives only to be told a week later to reduce the price even more. I guess eventually I’ll have to give them away for free. I will never use StubHub again. Complete and utter rip off.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I live in California but was on vacation in Texas and purchased a ticket using PayPal on StubHub for a Saturday evening game in April that was rained out and rescheduled for a 1 pm game in June. In Texas. 100 degress and humid. Stubhub said I should try to resell the ticket (so they can get another commission!) but would not refund my money.

I filed a dispute with PayPal and when they contacted StubHub, StubHub promptly deactivated my account with all of my listings on there. The tickets I have listed to sell are locked up on there, being held hostage, a total of about $1000 worth. When I called StubHub, they said they would continue to hold onto MY tickets unless I dropped my claim. This is highway robbery!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I had extra tickets to Aerosmith in Las Vegas for April 18. I listed them with StubHub and got a message that I had sold them. I rushed down to mail them off immediately. Stub Hub said that the buyers had received the tickets and put money in my paypal. On the 16th late in the day, StubHub called and informed me that although the seats were in the correct section and row, I had given the wrong seat numbers. The seat numbers are supposed to be optional when you list the tickets so that shouldn't have mattered; however, StubHub refunded the buyers without getting my tickets back 1st and charged an extra 398.00 on my credit card. Now I am out over 1000.00 because of Stub Hub, and they didn't even consult me. I have been ripped off by this company. Don't buy or list with them. Ticket Master is a lot better, and so is Vivid Seats.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We tried to resell tickets we bought from StubHub that required names apparently (PSG in Paris- who does that???) But were told the names didn't matter over the phone until we sold them. Nothing was communicated in listing process and we were unable to change it. We were fined 50 Euros. This is the second time I've had issues with their garbage communication and customer service. We are done with them.

Original review: April 15, 2019

On 8/28/2018, I sold 4 tickets on StubHub. After the sale, I call to ensure Stubhub received my Direct Deposit info. Later, I receive an email stating my sale was cancelled. Several calls and emails to StubHub. No response, except their generic auto receipt email. My $800 sale was cancelled. After cancelling, they charged me an additional 40%. I am still in dispute with my credit card company regarding that charge. So, I file StubHub under 'another morally bankrupt and eventually irrelevant tech company' and made a mental note. If I dealt with them again, keep the bar low and document everything.

Spoiler alert: this is not a feel good story with a happy ending. I re-list those same tickets on SH and they eventually sell for hundreds less. After losing the more profitable sale, the additional 40% they stole without merit, and selling the same tickets for hundreds less, their error cost me over $500. The bar got lower. Lower. Nope, even lower. A little lower. There ya go.

It's 5 months later and I sell 4 different tickets on SH for a show on 1/19/2019. It's 10 days after the concert and I receive an email from SH. The buyer of my tickets claim they were invalid. Still not stressing. The tickets were purchased direct from Ticketmaster and I was willing to provide anything I could. Still, naively assuming this is a streamlined process created by StubHub to allow sellers an opportunity to protect their purchase.

But here’s the truth. Once you receive an 'invalid ticket' email from SH, they graciously (this space reserved for eye rolling) allow sellers 48 hours to provide a mountain of documentation. Many sellers do provide this documentation and can still be charged 150% of the ticket sale price. The hardest document, by far, is the ‘Scan Directive’. This request by StubHub is not authorized for the general public and most venues will not provide it. In addition, Ticketmaster requires 1-3 days-ish (heavy on the 'ish') before responding. You also need to check your email incisively as your 48 hour clock begins immediately - don't forget to search your spam! Personally, I received my StubHub email at 5:30 P.M.

Back to my personal nightmare. So I email documents to 'Patrick' with no last name, from StubHub's 'Marketplace Investigations'. Everything was sent within 48 hours. The only exception was the aforementioned 'scan directive'. The venue does not have a copy of the report and directed me to Ticketmaster. TM sent an email with a response time of 2-3 days. I sent several emails to Ticketmaster with numerous email addresses, made phone calls, tried social media... Hoping to alleviate this 2-3 day wait, but got nowhere.

Still not stressing. StubHub would know the response time for Ticketmaster, where most of their sales originate, right? They obviously have a strategy in place to ensure sellers aren't scammed by every buyer who makes a false claim, right? How else could a virtual marketplace, who only provide a service, justify taking around 25% of each ticket sale?

While waiting on hold with Ticketmaster, I receive an email from StubHub. The email was addressed to me but intended for the con-artist buyer-of-my-tickets, who initiated the false claim. Patrick, with no last name, from StubHub's Marketplace Investigations, tells the buyer that he was refunded for his purchase and was notified that I would not be paid. A StubHub buyer doesn't need to provide ANY documentation, photos... Even 10 days after the concert, this buyer makes a false online claim and it was assumed he/she was the victim. 'We do hold our sellers 100% liable and this seller was not paid for your order and is, also, subject to additional penalties.'

I was livid! After more research, I found many other StubHub buyers who used this false claim tactic to attend concerts for free. Most received a refund and additional incentives. I vowed to stop these con artists and ensure they didn't have the opportunity to steal from my family or anyone else's. Keep in mind, we're not talking about pocket change. The costs incurred from 150% of a ticket sale has wreaked havoc on sellers finances, not to mention create credit card debt and interest which is all incurred due to fraud and greed.

I familiarized myself with StubHub's Sellers FanProtect Policies. The policies state StubHub Sellers are issued a guarantee and an investigation where a sellers history plays a role. Personally, I had 40 sales without one claim. This did not seem to matter. Nothing I said mattered and nothing I provided would have changed their decision. Unfortunately, I was never able to provide a scan directive. This is not something Ticketmaster will provide. They will only verify whether or not the tickets were scanned. I was able to verify that 2 tickets were scanned and several minutes later, the other 2 were scanned. The buyer used all 4 tickets.

So it's 48 hours after the initial email, Patrick notified me that he was withdrawing 150% of the ticket sales price from my bank account. He would consider re-opening the investigation over the next 30 days. "As a courtesy sellers are given 2 business days to responded with the requested documentation..." It's clear that StubHub has no incentive to adapt consumer fairness to their seller policies. StubHub receives an additional 50% of the ticket sales if they side with the buyers. They are judge, jury, and executioner. How convenient... for them!

I recently opened a case for Arbitration, started blogging about my experience, have sought legal counsel, and contacted local news media. I invite anyone else in a similar situation to do the same. Stand up for what is fair and just or they will continue these practices. I will continue to update as the matter progresses and an open to additional suggestions. You can also open a free case by contacting the American Arbitration Association. Nothing is going to change if consumers continue to allow these deceptive practices. We have to believe there is strength in numbers and advocating for truth.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs