StubHub

• 1%
  • 0%
  • 95%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?
    Price

Reviewed June 16, 2024

Bought concert tickets from Stubhub. 2 days after my purchase I saw on the news the concert had been cancelled by the venue holder. I contacted Stubhub and asked for a refund. They told me the show was not cancelled but postponed. I emailed them several articles about it being canceled. They still said, not cancelled but postponed. It took a year and about 23 days before they refunded my $628.80. Never purchase tickets from them. I definitely won’t ever do business with them again. Their delaying my refund cost me over $200 In fees with my credit card issuer.

Reviewed June 16, 2024

StubHub is absolutely the worst place in the world to buy tickets. Please do not use this site ever. Go straight to the vendor to buy tickets or use Ticketmaster. I bought tickets for the Melanie Martinez concert in Detroit, Michigan and StubHub changed my tickets two or three times. I paid almost $4000 for these front row tickets and didn’t end up in the front row. Mind you I have already booked a hotel I’m in the city that the concert is in and I do not live in Detroit and we had to take what tickets we got. We had floor seats, but they were not front row. StubHub is the worst, do not spend/waste your money with these people!!

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 15, 2024

I wish I would have known how bad StubHub was before I used the site. I bought 2 tickets to a LA Dodgers game for June 12th 2024. All went well when I bought the tickets and I received an email shortly after. I live in a different city and before I left for Los Angeles I thought it would be a good idea to get the tickets downloaded before I left so there wouldn't be any problems. I was told I couldn't do that until the day of the game and was provided a code to apply in the StubHub app which I put on my phone. The day of the game I tried to upload the tickets with the code but it kept failing. After finally getting through to customer support they said a new email would be sent which never arrived. Now it's 2 hrs. until game time and still no tickets. What they didn't tell me was to download the MLB app as a way to also get my tickets. Very poor communication. Stay away from StubHub and go with Ticketmaster, I've had better luck with them.

Reviewed June 15, 2024

Don't order through here, I’m out 307.00 for tickets to Kenny Chesney and haven’t received my tickets yet and I’ve contacted them several times, their response??? "We’re looking into it!!!" I don’t have my tickets or my refund!

Verified purchase
      Sales & MarketingPriceOnline & App

Reviewed June 15, 2024

This is absolutely a scam. They do not list their fees on the website before they actually charge you. $6 shipping charge on a digital ticket? Yeah. Just pure fraud. They will not give you a refund no matter what. Just contact your credit card company and hope that they will help you out.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 14, 2024

SCAM>>>SCAMMM SCAMM... Watch out.... They suck.... Why do criminals like this get away with theft???? I bought tickets... Then they transferred to another person.... Sounds like they're running a scam!!!

Reviewed June 13, 2024

I recently had an issue with a rescheduled event. I had to contact customer service a number of times to try and sort out if my original tickets were still valid, if they were even in a comparable section. I had a number of horrible experience with them, they’re VERY seller focused, their fan guarantee really only protects them. For example if a seller lists a ticket that you buy and transfers you a ticket in a different section than you bought, they told me they only guarantee you a ticket to the event, not necessarily the same section. it’s all at their discretion. They also won’t ever give you a straight answer. They just waste your time going in circles until you want to pull your hair out. As a culture we need to stop giving these resellers and scalpers our money and stop using StubHub.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

I purchased 3 tickets for 200 more than ticketmaster charged but I was dumb and didn't look before I ordered but I only received 2 tickets. I have been told, "We will contact you through email once we make a decision." Still nothing.. What is there to decide? You didn't give me my tickets so I want a refund!!!

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed June 12, 2024

My son and I were planning a Father's Day Astro game. I decided to use the ticket app, StubHub. I felt certain there would be a small service fee. I went thru the process of selecting section and row. Then began the buy process. I was told the pricing did not include fees and felt confident they would be revealed during check-out. WOW was I ever wrong. The buy process swallowed my Amex and then after my card was authorized BAM two tickets for the price of almost three. $257 for two $80 tickets! WARNING, NEVER USE STUBHUB! SCAM DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO DESCRIBING THIS SERVICE(?)!!

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Bought tickets through StubHub to see Janet Jackson. I kept checking my email to see if I received my tickets. The week of the show still no tickets. I contacted customer service and they told me many times tickets aren’t released until the day of the show so check for an email then. Now, I wasn’t too worried because I’ve used StubHub before and had a similar issue. I called customer service and the were able to send my tickets immediately while on the phone.

But this time, fast forward to a few hours before the show I was told to call back an hour before the show as some events do not release tickets until an hour before the start of the show for security reasons. I was told that if there were any problems at that point they have contingency plans and I didn’t get my tickets, comparable or better tickets would be given to me. Welp, I called back an hour before the show and was on the phone with them for an hour and half. Finally they offered alternative seats that were in the RAFTERS. My original seats were on the floor and they would refund me the difference in cost. I said no way just refund me my money. I won’t be using StubHub any time soon. Terrible customer service and “contingency” plans!

StubHub author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

StubHub Company Information