StubHub

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I do like StubHub for buying tickets but will never again sell through them. So many conditions they don't tell you about. I listed an Ed Sheeran ticket I had that wasn't going to be used the day before the concert as I was on vacation and rushing to get these tickets listed and sold. I listed on the app and uploaded the ticket from my phone without any problems. The ticket quickly sold and it seemed like it was going well until literally an hour before the concert I got an email saying the order was canceled and invalid. I wasn't trying to scam the buyer. Wtf??? Besides that it also said my account was charged $55.80 as it was my responsibility as the seller to make sure the tickets were legit. But they were???

Another reason to hate big business always trying to take your money because of stupid penalties. I contacted StubHub through Twitter all heated and they were nice enough to cut my charge down to $27.90, but still why should they charge me for a ticket I didn't know was invalid even though it wasn't and that was my intention. I explained how I was at the airport with a 5 hour delayed flight and wouldn't be home until right before the concert. So selling on my phone was the best bet. They told me the ticket I uploaded was a screenshot and wasn't valid through StubHub. So disappointed in StubHub!!! Disgusting a business like that would take my money for no reason. Be careful when you sell with StubHub!!! I wonder what would happen if I never pay the charge. Ridiculous.

I tried to readjust the listed price for two tickets for Redsox -Yankees game (two tickets each worth $150). The website froze while readjusting the list price to $130, so I shut the website down and reopened it. Guess what, the tickets were sold for $10 each! Will not use StubHub ever again.

I listed tickets for today's Cardinals/Mets game on Stub. At about 8:30 this morning I was sitting in my driveway and wanted to knock the price down to $30.00. While sitting in my car, I had the distinct thought to make sure I entered the full price as $30.00. A short time later I received an email telling me my tickets sold for $6.00. I thought this was more than odd, as certainly I would have recalled entering such an odd amount.

I called customer support and explained that I did not list the tickets for $6.00. The rep on the phone offered two options, one of which was to cancel the order. He mentioned a $5.00 cancellation fee (did not mention how that amount was determined). Remember this, because it comes up again. I specifically asked if the barcodes on my hard tickets would be affected. He said they would be valid as the StubHub listing would be canceled. I received a cancellation notice at 8:46 AM.

Shortly after this call, I started making arrangements with a buyer through Craigslist who was driving in from out of town. As a season ticket holder, I told him I could contact the Cardinals and have the tickets reprinted and left at Will Call for him. I was unable to do this until after 1:00 when the season ticket reps would be available to assist me.

At just past 1:00 I spoke with the season ticket office and they took my information and said they'd print the tickets for the buyer. Minutes later they called me back to tell me they couldn't print them because they were marked as "sold by Stubhub" in their system. I then called StubHub back and was told I needed to delete the listing from my account (this was not possible). In the meantime, I noticed that I received an email at 1:00 from StubHub that stated that they reissued and attached new tickets/barcodes for the game. Keep in mind that this was at 1:00 and the sale was canceled at 8:45. The game was at 3:15. I was eventually able to forward those tickets to the Cardinals box office for printing. They were also confused as to what was going on with StubHub. No explanation as to why I was told my original barcodes would be valid or why it took until 1:00 PM to receive new tickets/barcodes.

It wasn't until late afternoon that I noticed I overlooked an email notice from American Express at 8:46 AM, advising me of a $47.40 charge from StubHub. This added to an already frustrated day of dealing with StubHub. At about just before 12:30 tonight, almost 12 hours into this mess, I contact chat support to inquire about the $47.40 charge. They advised me the charge was from the order I canceled, which I assumed to be the case. The rep advised of the cancellation charge applied to the seller. I mentioned that I was told it would be $5.00. (Again, remember this $5.00 reference. It comes up yet again.)

I advised the rep that I shouldn't have had to pay any fee considering something happened to cause my tickets to list less than the intended $30.00 price. I also let this person know about all of the other issues I had during the day involving the barcode issue. She subsequently advised me of the 40% cancellation fee because of the cost to StubHub to provide replacement tickets to the buyer. The very first rep I spoke with in the morning did not mention this at all. I asked for the name of someone in charge of customer service. I did not get an answer.

At this point, after going back and forth about the intended price of the tickets, I'm realizing that I'm not getting anywhere, and decide it's time to place a call to customer service. While doing so, I asked the chat rep again for the name of someone in charge of customer service. She provided me with a mailing address. She was unable to provide a name. I ended the chat.

After explaining what I had been dealing with all day, I asked phone support to put me through to a manager, which they did. I spoke Nick **. in Utah, who immediately started using very deliberate language assigning blame to me. Right off the bat he made a pointed comment to summarize what he knew about the situation by saying I made a mistake with the listed price. I promptly cut him off and corrected him.

Nick claimed they listened to the recording and said there was no mention of a $5.00 fee, to which I found incredulous, but said I suppose it's possible I misunderstood. I was certain I didn't. I was blown away by the notion that a so-called customer service professional would basically accuse a customer of lying. Remember this, because it will come up yet again. I asked if he could provide a recording of the conversation and he said he couldn't. Nick didn't acknowledge the issue with the barcodes but continued to take a very accusatory tone. The conversation went back and forth and he said he could meet me halfway and provide a $27.40 refund. The call reluctantly ended after 29 minutes, and I was still out $20. The call ended at 7:36.

Then, presumably as a follow up to my chat support session, I noticed that I received an email at 7:23 that reads as follows: "We have reviewed the interaction where you contacted about the barcodes from the tickets you sold here and we advised that we emailed you the reissued tickets with the new barcodes that you could use. When a sale is dropped here there is a 40% charge or the difference in the price of the replacements, whichever is greater. Had 40% applied it would have been about a $5 charge, in this case the replacement difference applied and that is why $47 was charged to you."

So there it is. The $5.00 charge that Nick was explicitly saying never came up during my original call appeared yet again. Nick was flat out lying to me and was attempting to make me doubt my account of the day's events. At this point, I was furious. I called StubHub back at 7:44 and asked to speak with Nick. I was put through to another supervisor, whose name I didn't get, who said Nick left for the day. I didn't believe this to be the case at all and said as much. As if Nick ran out of the office the very minute he hung up the phone with me.

I read the entire contents of the email referenced above to the supervisor, and expressed my anger with Nick for trying to make me believe there was never a reference to a $5.00 cancellation fee, and that this was validated by the email sent by another customer service rep. Again, displaying absolutely atrocious customer service skills, this supervisor also tried to be argumentative. I told him that I wouldn't just pull the supposed $5.00 fee out of thin air. I also made a comment referencing their policy to not share recorded calls with customers, even if my voice was in that call.

At one point, he said, "Is it possible human error was involved?" (paraphrasing), completely ignoring the possibility that this could also be a technical issue. Of course human error COULD be involved, but it doesn't mean it was. Instead, StubHub was hell bent on blaming me and siphoning $47 off of my Amex. This supervisor listened to my rant about their terrible customer service skills for 16 minutes, and eventually agreed to refund the remaining $20. Even still, he couldn't help but try to take a hardline stance about policy with me.

StubHub's supervisors are dishonest and quite frankly have terrible customer service skills. Had I noticed an error on my end, I wouldn't have made such a big deal about this. But when a customer is convinced they didn't make a mistake, and the company insists the customer did, or lies or manipulates the conversation to imply they did, that is a pretty significant customer relations failure. I do intend to address this with the Cardinals with the hopes that they will ramp this up with MLB. StubHub could have done a lot more to avoid this situation.

They completely failed to acknowledge the failure by the original rep, who told me the original barcodes would be valid due to the canceled sale. The original rep made no reference of "40%". I don't care about the fact that I agreed to it when I posted the tickets, because they didn't bother to entertain the possibility of a technical issue. Additionally, I acknowledged I may have just washed my hands of it had the original rep adequately explained the 40% fee, regardless of the sale error.

It's appalling that Nick W. flat out lied to me about the $5.00 reference and said it was never brought up. He sold out his integrity in order to try salvaging some revenue from a very angry customer. Quite frankly, this guy should be out of a job. Honesty goes a long way, but it seems like the supervisor crew was focused on manipulating the conversation to favor StubHub. The email I received this evening validates that I wasn't just making up the $5.00 fee.They waited until 1:00 to provide barcodes. A little more than two hours before game time. Nobody on their crack support team made any effort to explain this failure. Because of the inconvenience this caused me this afternoon, you would think this alone would have compelled them to say "We'll just give you a full refund."

Supervisors need to lose their ignorant, condescending attitudes. Begrudgingly providing a refund (partial and eventually full) does not sit well with me at all. I appreciate the refund, but the accusatory attitudes are completely unprofessional. It's amazing that these people are allowed to twist reality or ignore legitimate concerns the way they do. Even the final supervisor I spoke with wouldn't allow himself to finish the call without a lecture about how they could investigate and determine it was my error. It's as if he wasn't listening at all. I would fire anyone who conducts themselves the way Nick and the other supervisor did this evening. I get protecting buyers, but without sellers you don't have a purpose. And not every seller is trying to screw StubHub over.

I purchased concert tickets from this company. I've never had any issues with StubHub when purchasing tickets for an event. Well on this day, I paid over $300.00 for these tickets and I received a confirmation number from StubHub. When I went got home to print out the tickets, I received another email stating my order has been cancelled due to an issue with my acct supposedly. As soon I read the email, I called to find out why my order was cancelled and my account had been shutdown and placed with the "Trust and Safety" Dept, StubHub states it was for verification purposes as to why they cancelled my order. Apparently, they weren't "sure" the order had been placed by me. My tickets were then sold to someone else and my credit card still had the charge pending instead of being released immediately.

After calling, I received an email from Stub Hub informing me that it had been bought to their attention that I was in violation of the "User Agreement" and that this email served as a "warning" and the next time it occurred my account would be deactivated from further use. I've been working in customer service for 15+ years, EVERY COMPANY WOULD CONTACT THE CONSUMER TO CONFIRM THE PURCHASE IF THEY FELT IT WAS FRAUDULENT PURCHASE. STUBHUB DID NOT DO THAT. I didn't receive any phone call and when asked why don't they call, the rep advised that was apart of the policy and the correct thing to do was to cancelled the account and then confirm if the order then placed by me.

Bottom line is I lost my tickets, my money was still in pending status and no compensation was given for the inconvenience. I had to reorder a different set of tickets from another vendor for more money. But THAT VENDOR DID CALL TO CONFIRM IF I MADE THE PURCHASE BEFORE IT WAS CANCELLED. StubHub policies are ** backwards and are very unacceptable to the consumer market. The way they handle the customers accounts are completely unacceptable and the policy should be changed to further accommodate the customer not inconvenience them. I cancelled my account and will no longer will even think of purchasing anything from them EVER AGAIN.

STUBHUB IS A SCAM! I deactivated tickets on 6/22/17 that I was trying to sell on StubHub's site. I signed off and signed back in to confirm tickets were not listed on their site or still in my account AND I VERIFIED THEY WERE NOT LISTED. I was told this is a common problem that they magically reappear so if they do sell they will charge you at least 40% of the sale of the tickets. Sure enough a week later I get an email the tickets sold??? I contacted StubHub immediately and was told I would be charged at least 40% of the sale or replacement tickets (a minimum of $300.00 fee). WHICH I HAVE BEEN ALREADY CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD. I was told their IT dept will be contacting me within 48 hours. I have been contacting them every day, and I'm still waiting for a response as to how this happened. EASY MONEY FOR STUBHUB!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

I purchased online tickets from StubHub for July 3, 2017 game between Rockies and Cincinnati Reds. I reviewed my seating online, ordered row G29 seats 28, 29. On my arrival to the stadium, I was informed that the seats was removed for fireworks show. My girlfriend and I was informed we would have to stand the entire show. My girlfriend and I are close to 60 years old and expected to stand for 3 hours in the sun. Plus you couldn't see the ball field or game. Watch yourselves with StubHub. I contacted the main office. They refused to refund my $111.00 because the tickets was considered general admission. My tickets show two assign seats row G29 seats 28, 29. I've learn now to book direct with Rockies. My tickets would of been lot less. Rockies booking was sorry to hear our story. They tried to get us seating. Game sold out. Watch out everyone that booked July 4th, 2017 tickets with StubHub.

Phillies vs Pirates Event Tickets - Looking forward to a nice night with family and friends. Embarrassed by StubHub complete incompetence. My first and last experience with this company started by buying tickets at 10 am. Received confirmation and printable tickets. Looks good. At 5 pm just as we are heading to game I got a call from StubHub that my purchase was fraud? And they turned around and gave me another set of fraud tickets? Yes a second set of bad tickets and unknowingly I headed to Philly. Obviously I could not get in and was humiliated in front of family and friends. StubHub said it's reimbursing me but has not yet. And nothing for the wasted time and money for my 3 hrs up to Philly and back. Complete loser company that I would recommend avoiding. Period.

We wanted to sell our tickets to a concert that we did not want to go anymore. While listing the tickets Stubhub did not even confirm that Flash ticket sales were not allowed. They should tell the sellers that these types of tickets are not allowed for first time sellers. Ultimately we were not able to sell the tickets and they charged us a fee. They want 100$ per ticket! Even though we did not sell anything at all! They are such a scam and are just trying to get sellers' money. They were very unprofessional and harassing me with so many emails to pay up which is against what a company can do. BEWARE of this company. They are a SCAM.

Very very disappointed and embarrassed!!! Bought two tickets for the Roger Waters concert here in LAs Vegas T-Mobile arena last night. After a long wait at the gate and spending a lot for the whole experience the ticket was fake. They did not let us in. Worst possible experience for me. Never recommend StubHub. Their customer service is not very helpful too. Did not provide why the whole thing happened whatsoever. They need more than 5 business days to investigate! And it was not only us last night with the fake tickets from StubHub!! There were a bunch with the long faces and angry.

First thing firsts. Always do your research before buying tickets. I purchased NBA preseason tickets assuming they could only be obtained thru StubHub or ticket exchange. I found out later that I could've purchased the same tickets from the venue for 1/3 of the cost. Instead of paying 32$ per a ticket, I ended up 100$ per a ticket. StubHub does not care about the fans who make their business possible, rather they only care about the profit from price gouging greedy sellers. There is a reason there is no ticket price comparison information available. They profit off of keeping fans in the dark. This business will inevitably implode. Screwing over the fans which are responsible for your revenue is not sustainable.

Their customer service department is the worst. They have no care in the world on what the customer is all about. They get 10% mark-up on the tickets they sell plus an outrageous and high price transfer fee, and they get 10% premium from the seller, and the slowest to pay them as well. They will get the person's money ASAP, and sit on that for several days until they feel when the time is appropriate to fulfill their obligation. Trying to work with them is like talking to a child in the first grade, and I am probably doing a disservice to the first grader.

After years of purchasing from StubHub, I made my very first listing for an event I couldn't attend, and sold the tickets. Two weeks after the event I get an e-mail from StubHub stating that they have opened a claim against me due to "invalid tickets", and would charge me what I earned in the transaction in addition to a fee that would double my balance. Allegedly, the buyer was denied entry from the event because of a scanning issue with the tickets. StubHub includes in the e-mail a list of things I can retrieve from the venue to counter this claim. Yes, StubHub does not do any research, like any responsible organization would, but immediately points blame at the seller and requires them to fetch scan reports from the venue. This is a simple call they could have made on their own, and based on what I found out, would have saved them an accusatory e-mail towards a regular customer like myself.

Turns out the venue NEVER even used scanners for the event, and no one was denied entry. Yep. Tickets were ripped of their barcodes to prevent reuse of tickets. So obviously, the buyer was a lying you know what. StubHub is more than happy to provide a safe haven for scammers and throw their sellers under the bus. From other reviews you will see that sellers in my position haven't been so lucky to get their proof, and the monetary losses can be devastating. I wish I had seen them prior to my experience. Never again will I buy from or sell through this crooked company. Sayonara!

I purchased tickets in February to the John Legend concert that was to be on May 21st. May 21st came along and I go to the venue page to get the address and look at the rules.... to find out the concert has been RESCHEDULED to the 23rd. StubHub never emailed me of this date reschedule. I call StubHub to see if I can get a refund because I cannot make it on that date. They told me they don't give refunds and I would have to resell them. I list them on their website to resell. My email told me I would receive the tickets electronically on May 21st. Never received them so I called customer service. They told me they would come within a day. Next day, still no tickets. The day of the rescheduled concert, the tickets did not sale because I NEVER GOT MY TICKETS SENT TO ME!

I called customer service again to issue me a refund. They told me that I DID receive my tickets on the 22nd the day before the concert. I told them no because I checked my account and email and got NOTHING. Even if I did get them on the 22nd, I still did not receive them on the date promised. They still argued until I sent them the email with proof so they only issued me HALF a refund. I'm so tired of fighting with them! I lost out on $100 because of them! Basically it's my word against theirs and they refuse to give me a full refund because they think I'm lying! Never am I using their website again!!!!

Acted as a seller for first time. Sold at face value - I wasn't looking to make any profit. Unfortunately I posted the tickets on the wrong date of a 2 day festival (it wasn't clearly marked) and I was charged the full cost of one ticket. Terrible customer service when I called to and explained the situation. It will be the last time I use StubHub as both a seller and a buyer. Customer service is brutal and the app is badly designed. Service fees are also much higher than competitors'.

I purchased 4 concert tickets for over $1100 early April. The seller had stated in the ad that the tickets would not be available to send until a later date (at least 3-4 weeks at the time of purchase). It was still in advance of the venue, so I didn't have cause for concern. Within days, I received a UPS package with a "confirmation" letter of the purchase, but wasn't alarmed there were no tickets included as the ad stated the tickets wouldn't be available immediately. After a month or so passed, I grew concerned as the venue was upcoming. I checked my account on StubHub to see the status of my order. To my surprise and dismay, on my order it showed the tickets were "delivered" back when I received the confirmation. I immediately contacted StubHub and filed the complaint with the facts of the situation. They stated they would reach out to the seller to get a reprint.

They responded back in 2 days via email essentially saying "Sorry but not sorry the seller cannot provide reprints. Have a great day!" I called and went ballistic... How is this so with a FanGuarantee 100% (not 99% as that would be sketchy, according to their own ads). They said that I would have needed to respond to the "confirmation" that was sent within 5 days or they offer no protection. Where is that policy written, I asked?? The MANAGER stated, "it's an internal policy." INTERNAL... As not publicly known or posted anywhere. The consumer is suppose to know this policy??

So here is my assessment as a consumer who isn't a moron, although being treated as one. The SELLER is aware of this policy and claims the tickets won't be available for a period of time. When the buy receives the confirmation, there is no panic and therefore no "complaint" that the tickets were not included. After said 5 days of internal policy time frame, the seller can then sell or keep the tickets. The buyer is out said money, in this case, $1100. Well, I bought another set of tickets in the same section. I will get proof that those 4 seats are not vacant. I will buy rounds of drinks for all those to get verification of where they got the tickets from. Proof of fraud... Ridiculous!!! SHAME ON YOU STUBHUB!!

Bought 2 tickets to Yankees-Royals for May 25. Game rained out - resched for Sep 25. Can't go, have to work. Spoke to StubHub rep + supervisor. They won't refund the $$$ nor will they allow me to exchange/attend another game as would the Yankees. All they will allow is re-listing the tickets but with no guarantee of getting what I paid or even of any sale at all. Bottom line - only way it makes sense to buy from StubHub for Yankees is day of game.

The website is very user-unfriendly. I bought expensive Broadway tickets for the incorrect date and tried to correct the mistake 10 minutes later and was unable to exchange or cancel the order. I am not really sure that I made the mistake because I could not print my tickets at the time of purchase. I will NEVER use StubHub again.

We were visiting Madrid from Hong Kong in May and purchased a pair of football tickets between Real Madrid vs Valencia through StubHub. We got to the gate 15 mins in advance only to find out that the turnstile machine recognizes our ticket but it will not let us in. We were told by the guards to go to the ticket counter number 14 to check our tickets. The stadium employee at the counter number 14 scanned the tickets and told us that there are people already inside the stadium with the same tickets and we were scammed. He said it happens and we need to contact StubHub to get refund. It was 5 mins before the game so we had to run to the other end of the stadium to buy another tickets.

After the game we called StubHub right away who said they will investigate and get back to us. We told them we are leaving Madrid in 1 day but they only called after we left Madrid and asked us to email Real Madrid too and get them to prove that our tickets were fake. We were furious since no one checks ID at the stadiums and Real Madrid will never know whether we had duplicate tickets or someone else did. We told them that is impossible but they were repeating themselves like a broken record. I tried calling US customer service and they said they will email their international office to call us but we never received a call.

We also emailed the customer service who were keep replying that we need to get official record from Real Madrid. We then replied them to call us and they waited 3 days to reply as there is no official proof received within the timeline given, unfortunately we will have to close the case. We tried calling US customer service again but now the international lines seem to have been blocked. I told them I have receipts of the other tickets we had to buy and photo footage to prove I wasn't seating at the seat I bought from StubHub but they did not care. StubHub is a complete scam - don't waste your time and money in this website.

I purchased UFC tickets through their website and they sent the tickets to my default address which is in another state. I entered the correct address for shipping but it selected the default. I accept that part of responsibility. The company offered nothing, no refund, partial, credit similar tickets a coupon? The fee back nothing. They claim they did their diligence. Their website defaulted to an old address. It ruined our weekend.

I just got off the phone with a supervisor, Brett, who I wished to talk to after having a promotional code taken off my pending purchase. I was purchasing a single ticket for myself just two hours earlier and was on the phone with a very nice gentleman who helped me acquire a promotional code to get $20 off the ticket. I had to make a few phone calls to make sure I could afford these tickets, seeing I am a college student and these tickets were very expensive; more than twice what they were before they sold out on the original website. This promotional code was very beneficial to me and I was very excited to use it (I signed up for visa checkout just so I could).

When I went to go buy the tickets not too long later, I found the code had been removed from my account. When I called and questioned StubHub about why it was no longer working, they told me I no longer was able to use this code and that they didn't know how else to help me. I asked to talk to the supervisor who basically told me there was NOTHING the company could do to help me achieve that awesome discount and told me to have a nice day, sarcastically. I'm extremely surprised at the way a supervisor handled this situation, any other company would have helped me get that $20 off as a "sorry" for having me stripped of a promotional code that I was offered at first, and then moments after not. Safe to say I'm no longer purchasing/putting my trust in StubHub.

I purchased tickets to an event on STUBHUB. On arrival the event on 8 April 2017, I was denied entry to the event as the tickets were not valid. I have provided all the proof to STUBHUB. I have provided a formal letter from the Host event organizer to confirm that I was denied entry and that the tickets were not valid. STUBHUB are not honoring their guarantee. It is a dud company and DO NOT BUY TICKETS ON STUBHUB.

Wanted to provide my parents with a great Christmas gift. Searched for "best available seats"... and come across 4 tickets for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers at Verizon Arena. Bought the "best available" within my budget on 12/23/16... which note was over $500 worth of tickets for nosebleeds. Finally received tickets for download the night before the concert on 4/22/17... with buyer's name and face value of $36.50 on each ticket. Went to Verizon Arena's site... and see that the SAME tickets I bought were only $15 damn dollars. There were FLOOR tickets available for a quarter of the cost I paid for my tickets.

Completely pissed off, I contacted StubHub and asked how they were OK with allowing sellers to RIP OFF buyers. After wasting 1 hour and 7 minutes of my time on the phone... the only answer 3 different people wanted to give me was "We can try to sell them for you". Who the hell in their right mind is gonna buy $500 worth of tickets that are only valued at $60? Seriously.

The "buyer/fan protection plan"... specifically where they say if they see it fit they will work to find better tickets comparable to the cost and value... pure crock of **. If I were a company with 1 and 1.5 star ratings, I'd probably try to work a little harder at making my buyers happy. The least they could have done with to offer to take the money THEY profited off of me and help me find better seats than the ones I initially bought... but nope. No offers. No nothing. Just a lot of scripted repetition of no integrity, rip off, scam artist money makers who thrive off scalping. In Arkansas, that's illegal. Lesson learned.

I may be a nobody from Arkansas but I know that there will be PLENTY of people who NEVER spend a dime with StubHub after I BLOW SOCIAL MEDIA up with bad reviews on this thieving company. Don't send me another email with the title "You deserve a night out: get closer to your favorite artist for cheaper." Complete SCAM. Company with ZERO integrity.

I bought in one-month advance for 4 tickets of BPL game in Southampton taking place on 15 April pm through StubHub, after reading the below service commitment on their site: "How do we protect the buyer? The seller will not receive payment for the ticket until the buyer has attended the event. This way we can ensure that the ticket is authentic and corresponds to the location that the buyer has chosen. "

I've designated a hotel address in London where I'll be staying during my trip to UK for the delivery of the tickets. However, we waited and waited and when we were set to leave the London hotel heading to Southampton in the morning of 15 April, the tickets still hadn't arrived. We have no choice but leave the hotel to catch the train we have booked to Southampton with no any tickets on hands.

When asking for refund of my payment, StubHub just ignore totally and said nothing they can do because the tickets arrived at the designated London hotel at noon time, a few hours before the ball being kicked off in Southampton. According to their claim now, they are saying that nothing they can do so far if the tickets can arrive at the designated location in a minute before the start of the event in somewhere else!!!

I'm not complaining at the price of tickets here (as that have been known when I click the confirm button on their website), although that are really high. But the situation I mention above is really totally unacceptable and unfair. This is very near to the case of a fraud if technically it is not. Can someone from StubHub really help to follow up the case and send me the refund???

Beware of Mailed Ticket options from StubHub. Although StubHub has always come through for me, the latest experience with them proves that they are not a dependable source for tickets. Beware that they do not verify the sellers/or the tickets from their sellers. We purchased 3 tickets for Magic Mike for my mother's 70th Birthday. They were over face value and in the front row. Definitely the spot for my 70 year old single and widowed mother to have a fun and memorable night for her birthday. Flights were purchased, babysitters confirmed, pre-party at the venue confirmed. The option to get the tickets as a download was not available, only the seller could mail the tickets to us. What did we get in the mail a week later? An envelope with a sheet of paper with a generic printout from the StubHub website. No tickets.

We immediately called StubHub. They advised they would call the seller and find out what is going on. There was no call back from this mystery seller. They offered us alternate tickets in a lousy section for a different night (which we cannot attend due to travel/sitters/etc) or a refund. No offer for comparable seats for the seats we purchased, as those seats were more expensive than what we paid for. We had made travel plans to get to Vegas. We had the pre-party planned at the event venue, etc. There was no offer for a discount/voucher for future purchases for the inconvenience of this happening. Nothing but a "We are sorry, but we are really not sorry" from customer service.

We took the refund and now have to re-plan a party in Las Vegas in 4 days. Most of the good shows are sold out. That being said if you are ever planning anything around your StubHub tickets they do not verify the validity of their sellers/tickets. If you buy from them only take the "instant download option". Be sure that you have your tickets in hand before you make any plans. It is very disappointing and I plan on never buying from them again. This will not make a difference for StubHub to lose one small customer, it does not hurt their pocket. The reality is it only hurts our pocket, and more importantly it ruins all the plans we had for my mother's one and only 70th birthday. Thanks for nothing StubHub.

I made the mistake of twice using this con company to buy tickets for an MLB playoff game and an NBA playoff game. Both times the tickets were charged immediately to my credit card yet both times they never arrived! They do not have customer service. They are immoral and unethical. They allow sellers to pull tickets for better prices. I will never buy anything from them again, ever. I've switched to Vivid and have my tickets in hand for the OKC game on Friday. Don't gamble with Steal Hub. They are a nightmare and conveniently "disconnect" or hang up on customers they don't want to speak with. HORRIBLE!!! I would give them ZERO stars if possible.

Do not get into this trap, tried selling my flash seats to a concert. There was a drop down that reads, buyer to create flash seat account to purchase these tickets. One set sold for 1000.00 usd, then realized that StubHub could not sell these tickets, contacted them, apologized, cancelled transaction. Week later 450.00 was withdrawn from my credit card??? They said it's policy and in fine print, got to be kidding me, I spoke with them 5 times to rectify this. They said I signed agreement that's life, I did not give up and after several attempts they refunded me 227.00 and they kept rest. Total bs, greed, terrible company, if I could give them a minus 1 I would.

I purchased 7 tickets on row AA for the Kings and Rockets game on 4/9. I purchased the tickets a week before. After not receiving the tickets and on the day of the game, I called StubHub. They told me that the tickets I purchased could not be delivered by the seller. So they offered me 7 tickets 5 rows behind the seats I had originally purchased and gave me (after substantial arguing) $200 credit. Then these tickets were never delivered. This all went down on game day, after I had 5 people fly in from out of state for the game. On the day of the game, I called again and was told that these tickets were no longer available (again) and they offered me a split of 5 seats in one area, and 2 in another area. Not acceptable. No additional refund, and they don't seem to even care.

We purchased three tickets to the Jeff Dunham concert, 4 months in advance, via American Express, whom repurchased them from StubHub. We arrived at the venue only to find the tickets were duplicates and the other tickets holders had already arrived. We went to the box office of the Richmond Coliseum and were told there was nothing they could do and this was not an uncommon occurrence. We contacted American Express and were assured of an immediate refund of the tickets. This is insufficient compensation in my mind as we purchased tickets in good faith and we received no value for the purchase. I will continue to pursue this but I feel it should be noted that the buyer should be wary of these scams.

I ordered tickets to Green Day at 1st Bank Center on 4/5/17. Was charged over $650 for $140 face tickets!!! If this is not pure greed I do not know what is. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy from StubHub unless you have more $ than brains. I have learned my hard lesson.

I would give StubHub 0 star if possible. The experience is unpleasant. Bought the ticket for Hong Kong 7s and paid 669 SGD up front. Passed the committed delivery date but still no response from the website. Every time I contact them, the call center only told me "NOT TO WORRY" and no information on when will it get shipped. VIAGOGO has much, much better customer service.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.
  • Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.
  • FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.
  • Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.
  • 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.
  • Best for StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Compare Ticket Websites