StubHub

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought 2 tickets for the Red Wings game and they were $160 each, already way overpriced. I was then charged $81.80 in fees. I was told the fees are for handling, servicing and delivery and to keep the marketplace safe. It's all computers, nothings handled or delivered. I understand fees to keep the marketplace safe but that's ridiculous.

Bought 4 tickets to Redskins-Giants game. Tickets cost $676, but fees added an extra $183.24. Receipt didn't give breakdown, so I asked StubHub for details using their chat feature. They said mailing was $21 and the rest was "fees". I asked how the fees were calculated (eg a percentage, or set amount per ticket) - they said that they needed fees to survive and that the level of fees just depended on the event - ie no methodology. This feels very untransparent and expensive.

On 12/28/2016 at 4:00 pm I deleted a listing for tickets I listed for sale that did not sell. I then printed out a new set of tickets at 4:24 pm in order to go the game that was scheduled to start at 7:00 PM. At 4:31 pm I received a email stating my tickets had been sold. I immediately contacting StubHub to confirm the ticket sale as I had deleted the listing 11 minutes prior. I explained the representative what had just occurred and the representative advised me that the tickets had been confirmed sold and advised me not to go the game and that he would complete my sale to start payment. I then went home.

Later that evening I checked my StubHub account and noticed the payment sale had been cancelled. I again notified StubHub of what had happened and the advice I received earlier not to go the game, the rep stated he was going to start an investigation into the matter. I was then assigned an investigator from the Market Place Investigations unit who again took my statement as to what happened.

On 01/03/17 I was contacted by the Investigator who advised there had in fact been a software issue that was keeping postings active for sale that had been previously been deleted by tickets holders. She also went on to say however they were not making payment as the tickets were void when I reprinted a new set. I stated the tickets were printed after I cancelled the listing and was advised not to go to the game after their rep told me not. The rep never advised me to upload another set even after telling him I had a new set in hand.

This company admits fault and will not take responsibility for their faults, instead takes millions of dollars from buyers and sellers. THIS IS FRAUD AND MUST BE STOPPED. I encourage all who fell victim to this corporate fraud contact the CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE to file a complaint. This type of fraud cannot continue as we the hardworking people should not be paying to make this company rich by deceitful practices.

I purchased Canucks tickets two months in advance for 6 seats in a row. When I showed up with my guests we were refused entry because the tickets were already being used. It's an embarrassing situation that ruined plans for out-of-country guests. StubHub sold me fraudulent tickets and needed to investigate before issuing a refund. Stay away from this shady site. It's not worth the risk of not getting tickets and the hassle of having to deal with getting compensation for the fraud.

I went on the StubHub site to find tickets to GreenDay. Picked the tickets and click to go to checkout and it went ahead and purchased the tickets with a charge of $56 handling fees without prior warning of the large charge. Also, said I would get a $20 discount if I pay with Visa and I didn't get this discount. Called customer service and got nowhere. They asked if I wanted to resell the ticket. I said 'no', but I didn't want to pay $56 dollars in fees. HATE STUBHUB AND WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Purchased tickets Tix sold out from under me!!! Pissed 6 tickets deducted from my bank account. What a scam!!! Got other crappy seats offered. Purchased 3 weeks in advance... Hotel reservations... People from out of town and now... What is this?

Website and iPhone app are both easy to use and fast! You can quickly choose the event, see availability of tickets and purchase them in matter of minutes. Tickets are available as a download (pdf) or on your phone. Love the simplicity! If you want to check out tickets for an event you can do it directly from your device. Easy to check and see what is available, unlike TicketMaster. It literally takes minutes for a complete viewing and transaction.

It's simple enough to see what seats are open & how much they cost. Very easy to use. Great site. You easily pick out your seats, pay for them, and then you don't even have to print them off if you have their app on your phone they scan your phone at the gate! Can't get any easier!!!

I went online a few days before the event on impulse. I wanted to watch game 7 of the NBA finals and it was sold out. I got a good seat at a price I could live with. I had to create an account, which was a bit of a hassle, but I received an email pdf of my ticket and the ticket was valid in the venue. I had some anxiety about ticket fraud but it worked out for me. I'm going to keep using StubHub. I've never had a bad experience with them and I could always get good seats to sold out events. I use them once or twice/year. I wish I didn't have to have an account as it's a hassle to remember my login credentials since I rarely use it.

I sold tickets on StubHub and got scammed. I had the same tickets cross-posted on Ticketmaster as I was trying to get rid of my tickets quick. They had been listed for almost 2 weeks. Then one night, they were purchased off StubHub, then a couple hours someone had purchased them off Ticketmaster. It seems a little fishy to me that my tickets were purchased almost at the same exact time by two competitor websites. I wonder if there is a way to see who bought my tickets, could it be the same person? I called StubHub and explained the situation, she stated the buyer could get replacements tickets but I would be charged a 40% fee! This must have been very tiny fine print because if I had known, there would be no way I would risk posting them on StubHub especially now that I read these terrible reviews on how they treat both their buyers and sellers. I wish I never would have listed my tickets. How is this company still in business?

So I had sold tickets on Stubhub 2yrs ago for a Music Festival and they said that the buyers never add their tickets 2yrs after the Music Festival. But it's funny that when they had their tickets it said to call me and email me for me to send them a Photo ID and permission to use my tickets and the buyers also called me during the show... And now I owe them money.... Come on StubHub GET WITH THE PROGRAM. NEVER BUY or SELL WITH STUBHUB.

To begin, I was a first time seller on StubHub. From my understanding, StubHub was a legit ticket selling company. Boy was I wrong! My blood is still boiling over what is going on, CURRENTLY, with StubHub. I intend on filing a lawsuit, as I believe they need to learn to stop screwing over their customers. I listed tickets on StubHub a few weeks ago because I realized I had purchased tickets to 2 separate events in different states, and obviously couldn't attend both. In addition to posting on StubHub, I posted on Craigslist. The day after I listed my tickets (Nov 10), I was able to get in contact with Ticketmaster, who was kind enough to exchange my tickets for a different date. I then went on and deleted my listing on StubHub (or so I thought I did- apparently it never got deleted- some glitch in their system).

On Nov 19 I receive an e-mail that my tickets on StubHub had sold- which as you can imagine my confusion thinking I deleted my listing. I immediately called StubHub and explained the situation and at some point I spoke to a guy on chat (I think before the call). They did not care that there was a system glitch and my ad never got deleted. I asked to speak to a supervisor SEVERAL times, and was denied the chance to speak to one. I eventually hung up in frustration. I did mention that I had exchanged my tickets for a different date, and they said if that was the situation that they would contact the seller and see if they would accept the new tickets instead. I never confirmed that I wanted to do this, nor did they ask if I was cancelling my order.

Today, Nov 20, I had been in contact with the buyer. As her and I were speaking, we came to an agreement to cancel the order, but neither of us wanted to be charged. So I spoke to a girl named Tiffany ** via chat and she told me, Tiffany **: "if a buyer should contact to cancel, we would urge to resell instead of cancel." Casey: "What would happen though if she wanted to cancel? Would either party be charged?" Tiffany **: "but if you insist on cancelling, then a charge would be applied" Tiffany **: "if the buyer wants to cancel no one will be charged."

After reading that message, the buyer began a chat with Rackeen **. She asked if she could be refunded since the tickets had not been mailed out yet. Rackeen responded with, Rackeen **: "Thanks for staying with me Jessica. I cancelled the order. Once your refund is processed you will receive an email, refund takes 3-5 business days to reflect in your account." IMMEDIATELY after the buyer showed me this chat message we BOTH received e-mails that the order had been cancelled.

However, upon further reading my e-mail it stated, "Unfortunately, there was a problem with the UPS delivery and this sale was cancelled. It wasn't your fault, and we'll make sure that you're still paid. Though you may get additional emails from us, you don't need to do anything else. We're sorry for the inconvenience... As a seller, you’re responsible for delivering tickets on time and as promised. When that doesn’t happen, you may be charged an amount generally equal to 40% of your ticket cost. Charge Amount: $400 Charge to: Credit card."

Now I was even more frustrated. Even though the buyer asked to cancel the order, I was STILL GETTING CHARGED $400?! How did this make ANY sense!? So, I immediately begin a chat session to figure out the issue. I got the run around, first saying the e-mail about delivery not being available was not meant to be sent to me, then they continued to say that I told them I could not deliver the tickets and that I cancelled the order. I brought up the fact that I was in contact with the buyer and I copied the message. They refused to answer my question and help me with my problem and IGNORED the fact that I KNOW what another representative said to the buyer. Did I receive a call from a supervisor, of course I did not. So I called and asked to speak to one.

After more than 30 minutes, I finally spoke to a supervisor- which as I read in previous comments, all she did was repeat wording of policies and never ACTUALLY answered any of my questions. She said that when I mentioned in my chat, the day before, about having exchanged my tickets, that they started processing the cancellation of the order- granted WITHOUT my acknowledgment nor asking me to confirm, nor did I receive a single e-mail stating the order cancellation the day before. She insisted that the cancellation took place because of the chat that took place the day before.

If that were the case, why did both the buyer and myself receive cancellation e-mails after SHE (the buyer) requested to cancel the order?! I received a copied message from the buyers chat with Rackeen ** at 7:19pm. When I went to check my e-mail I had a cancellation e-mail sent to me at 7:15pm. So, based on time stamps, it appears as though the order was cancelled because the buyer asked, and Rackeen ** processed the cancellation.

The supervisor I spoke with refused to accept this, or even address my questions regarding this, and continued to repeat policy lines. She stated that the order was cancelled the day before by me, because I could not deliver the tickets. IF that was the case, their policy is to offer the new tickets to the buyer and see if they are interested. Did they EVER offer the tickets to the buyer, NOPE! She never received a single e-mail until after she contacted them via chat and asked to cancel the order. The supervisor continue to say that as a "courtesy" since I was a first time seller, she would offer to only charge me 50% of the fees for cancelling my order, which is still $200.

I will be filing a lawsuit against this company, and I feel everyone who has been mistreated by this company should also file a lawsuit. What they are doing is ILLEGAL! They are just for profit, and do not care at all about their customers. They need to be punished! Not to mention, They are making a KILLING off people! I listed my tickets at $1000 (since they were going to take $100 I wanted to make back my money I spent). They charged $50 PER TICKET to the buyer, so she ended up paying $1200. So, just for listing my tickets on their site they get to profit $300?! Wow!

I purchased tickets from StubHub. They were sent to an old address and I contacted them to see if the shipment could be changed. It was too late so I told them I would go to see if I could retrieve it from the old address. I was able to get them. I called StubHub and told them I had them and everything was ok. They invalidated the tickets and reprinted new ones without telling me. So the event I could not attend and tried to sell the only tickets I ever had on StubHub. They sold and I sent the only tickets I had to the buyer. The buyer goes to the event and the tickets were not valid to get in. StubHub gives them other seats and charges me with selling bad tickets. The seller who I bought the bad tickets from got their money. The buyer who bought the only tickets I ever had got to go to the event. The only person who did not go to the event or get the money back was ME. So I am out $1190.50 dollars because of StubHub!!

I have canceled my acct with StubHub after 7 years. My last two experiences were horrific. First experience is that I resold four tickets to a baseball game after I purchased 18 tickets to the game. When I did not receive payment, I call S**Hub. They said the buyers could not get in with the tickets to the game. Of course the game was played in the pouring rain and my group of fourteen went to the game. I do not know what happened to those to whom I sold the tickets but they reported that they could not get in with the tickets. So the S**Hub response, "Our 'Truth and Security Dept' (TSD)" will investigate. After two calls to TSD they said nothing could be done and I am out 280 dollars.

A few days ago I was browsing for Giant tickets. I saw tickets but found out that I would have to pick them up at another site and not at the ticket office. I NEVER SUBMITTED MY SECURITY CODE and left the site. The following morning I looked at my email and saw a note from Stubhub, "Your just a few clicks away from purchasing tickets to the game." Then I continue to browse my emails and found that S**Hub CHARGE my acct and said I authorized buying the tickets! Well after several calls, one lasting over a half hour to get a supervisor, they referred the issue once again to the oxymoron TSD. I got an email and a phone call saying my "purchase" was completed because they used a credit card on file with S**Hub.

I called my credit card company telling them of the fraudulent action by S**Hub and the email stating I had to finish the process to get the tickets. In order to cancel the reported purchase they had to cancel my credit card and reissue it with another number. SO, I will have to go through all my accts and enter another credit card when I receive it by mail. Stop using S**Hub. Their customer service has gone down the tubes. Be ashamed S**Hub. You will eventually anger enough people to go under.

I just had a horrible experience. I bought tickets, and they added $20 service fees. I got tickets not in my name. When I contacted customer service, they asked me to go to http://www.stubhub.com/legal/ and see for myself that they won't return my money. So you're stuck!

I am a long time user of Stubhub. When they were purchased by Ebay they became increasingly more difficult to deal with. I recently listed a couple tickets and ran into bar code issues. This was due to an internal issue within the Stubhub system and I was told in writing how to proceed in listing the tickets. When the tickets sold, guess what... The bar codes still could not be verified. I offered to overnight the tickets 2 days before the event and they offered to cancel my sale and hit my credit card with a $150 for failure to deliver the tickets even though this was all their fault. After many hours I have gotten the $150 reversed and they offered me $100 credit towards future selling fees. Guess what... They are making it next to impossible for me to receive the credit. They want me to contact them after each future sale to get the selling fees reversed each time I sell a listing. There are other options out there. USERS BEWARE OF STUBHUB.

I live in Colorado, so was surprised when I saw a charge for Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Clippers 4 tickets for $271.00 - I did not intentionally bring up the app, nor was I searching for any games nor any desire to use StubHub at all. Evidently while using the phone, inadvertently clicked the mobile app, it logged in and purchased the tickets and immediately to PayPal. I guess it can happen.

But, what happened afterwards with StubHub personal is disgusting, they assumed I was looking at the app, and searching for tickets, and made a mistake. Their supervisors only offered 50 refund and 50 coupon, not a complete refund, because they do not own the tickets. However they were purchased over 2 hours before game time, understood that, but it was their app, which is totally insecure. What if it was for tickets worth $7000, would they offer 50/50 then? They don't put themselves into the position of the consumer, or have any empathy. They have not had anybody contact me after promising tech support to contact me about the problem. Use some other outlet for tickets.

As promised you have not heard the last of me. I am sending you this email and will lay out in great detail the wrongdoing by StubHub. First let me start with the fact that I started my purchase for tickets to Insomniac's Escape Phycho Circus on 10/18/2016. These tickets were for my son's 21st birthday (which is today). All he wanted was to attending this music festival with 20 plus of this friends.

The day after my order, I received a email saying that my tickets we unavailable, but don't worry StubHub is working hard to find me a replacement. A replacement was sent to us on 10/20/2016. However these tickets were unusable as whoever was in charge of finding new tickets failed to read the details of tickets and sent us VIP tickets. That would have been great but it states on the event website that "you must be 21 to enter with a VIP ticket". I had to go out of my way to return tickets that should have never been sent to me, as I order tickets for 18 and older.

So back to square one. I had to call StubHub and explain the situation and hope for new tickets. I called every day until I finally got an email stating new ticket were being sent. The arrived on 10/24/2016. We checked and everything looking good. Wrong! At 4:12 p.m. I received an email of that my order was canceled. Yes canceled and the festival started at 4 that day!! StubHub said the seller canceled the order. As far as I am concerned the order was final. Paid for, shipping and received. I have asked every customer service agent I spoke with and no one has an answer as to why a seller can cancel on order after he mailed the tickets to me and after the event start time. (I do not believe the seller did this and after reading pages of very negative reviews, rather StubHub canceled the order and the penalized the seller to line their pockets as the buy is just out of luck.)

I called customer service once I read the email, however the my son was already at the event going through the 2 hour process to get it. He was told that the ticket was already used to enter. As a spoke to customer service (while at work) I asked 3 times to speak with a manager. Was ignored each time until I final said no more. My son did not get in and I was left with figuring out how to get him home. He went with a very large group of friends and was devastating to watch as they all entered and he was left standing outside. The event was about 2 hours from home and we had to put more money out of our pocket to get him home.

Customer service did issue me a refund and a new ticket for Saturday, well it seems that one was also a fraud. My son went through the whole process to get in on Saturday only to be told that again the ticket was a fraud. Again adding more expense trying to get my son home. And this ticket was emailed to me by customer service.

So in short you have robbed my son of his 21st birthday celebration, this as caused him and I great stress both emotional and physical. He had prepared for this show for months. I have countless receipts, emails, text and post that are time stamped and dated detailing my expense and my son's anticipation for this event. A credit was put on my account, however I have no intention of using StubHub again as I can't trust I would even get in with tickets from your site.

I am filing at small claims today but was told by the court house I must first give you the opportunity to hear what I want before the case can be started. I want the credit on my account sent to me. Compensation for having 4 terrible ticket experiences all for the same event should not be a credit on my StubHub account that I can't trust to use. You even issued me a fake replacement ticket for the first mistake. Why would I want to invest the time, money and emotions getting ready for a concert only to find out at the ticket gate, the ticket is no good. If StubHub actually cares about customer service, this should not be a problem.

Beware of Stubhub charging sellers a "40%" fee for any and every error they can find on your listing to "protect the buyer" in case THEY need to buy "replacement tickets". They hide behind their user terms, which are buried when you sign up. As a first time user, I was selling Hamilton tickets and even though I had customer service help me throughout the process of listing & uploading tickets, making sure everything was listed correctly, I was never told to include "partial view". When the buyer rejected the tickets, and my sale was cancelled, I was never told I would be charged to replace them or the amount, $589.20 to be exact, more than 40%. Charge just showed up on my statement and they aren't issuing me a full refund. Total scam. Buyers & sellers beware.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Professionally resolved.

Elias of Southfield, MI on

Original Review

I purchased a $220 ticket back in September to go to my favorite concert featuring BASSNECTAR Halloween Party. I also booked a 2-day Airbnb, bought my costumes and I was ready to leave work early and head to Grand Rapids tomorrow afternoon. Tickets were never delivered and StubHub offered me a refund. GREAT. THANK YOU. I wait 2 months for this event for StubHub to get to me last minute saying "We don't have a ticket for you." For those that plan ahead out, there would understand what it would feel like to be in my situation right now. I don't want the money, I just want to go. I plan on getting refunded including my Airbnb cancellation fee. I'm down for small claims court if they don't refund it.

Not professional, terrible planners. Why offer to ship the ticket last minute? Why not schedule it for an earlier time in case something like this comes up? I am very disappointed with their service, it is truly annoying when something like this happens, especially when you have been waiting for two months. Never STUBHUB again period.

I listed my Austin City Limits VIP tickets on their mobile app which crashed multi times. When I finally listed the 1 day pass it sold it one hour. 1 day before the event Stubhub canceled the transaction stating I listed the event in the "wrong" bucket. The buyer made the mistake of not seeing the 2 tickets were listed for only one day. Not only did StubHub make money on me in the front end (they charged me $90, they charged me a cancellation fee which I did not cancel). When trying to resolve the matter, they were arrogant, unreasonable and not accessible.

I found the name of the VP in charge of customer service to escalate, but they refused to transfer to him. I realize I may have made a mistake, but their choices for listing the ticket was extremely confusing and they took NO responsibility for their error in the transaction. I was unable to re-sell the ticket because they notified me AFTER the event took place. They made $230 on the transaction from me, would not refund the money and I was out $900 for the unsold tickets.

I bought $220 worth of the highest level tickets I could for a concert. I bought them 2 months in advance of the show. 2 days before the show I hadn't received the hard copies in the mail yet so I called, come to find out my tickets were on hold because the seller had missed multiple deadlines for information and shipment. StubHub then told me they could still get me tickets but they would be lower grade and higher price than what I bought. The associate then found 1 more 2-day high quality pass so he canceled my order and tried to get me the other ones. These were a scam post. I was screwed out of the 2-day pass with no help just a "there's nothing else we can do". I then bought a 1-day pass to the same concert which was ALSO held by a scam seller.

I am very dissatisfied with how they treated me. There was no help or anyone contacting me. I had to make every phone call myself, explain the situation every time to every associate I called and no one seemed to know how to help. I will never buy tickets from StubHub again. They claim they protect the buyer but you screwed me out of a concert I've been planning on going to for months as I prepared months in advance and you tell me 2 days before the concert that the seller fell through and there's nothing you can do. Next time when sellers miss deadlines or you know the sale is not valid anymore let the buyer know. You guys are unprofessional and the least bit helpful.

StubHub is a company of scam artists. I am a student and StubHub did not clearly list a way to mark my students as student tickets even when all of the tickets in the section I sold them in are student tickets. When my order was canceled, StubHub charged me $1,500, claiming that this was the difference it cost them to find replacement tickets. Their website did not even display prices for tickets that would be this much to make this charge valid. The customer service people were of no help and dodged my questions and accusations in every way possible.

Perhaps I misunderstood the way this website worked but I did not realize that they were legally allowed to charge unsuspecting customers more than three times the value of a ticket and although they state that there is a 100% money back guarantee, that is not really the case. And now that I am reading the reviews here, I see that I stand a good chance of my tickets not even being accepted when I get to the event! Their customer service sympathized but offered no real help, except that I should post my tickets and rip off someone else. Why is this allowed? I feel like I was just mugged and there is nothing I can do about it. This is so wrong!!!

I recently sold Disneyland Halloween party tickets on StubHub. The sale part was great. Approximately 2 weeks later I get an email stating the buyer claims the tickets were bogus and wanted their money back. I called StubHub customer service and they told me I need to go to Disneyland and get proof that the tickets were used. The StubHub CS agent said she'd be available till 9 pm. So after work at 5 pm I go to Disneyland and they confirmed the tickets were used and gave me enough information to corroborate the fact. I called StubHub for 2 hours to let them talk to the Disneyland agent and nobody answers. Next day I called the StubHub agent and she confirmed my 2 hours of missed calls but she failed to tell me she was on the east coast. After she said the information I provided wasn't good enough and I need to go back to Disneyland.

This is ridiculous. The purchaser bought the tickets. Disneyland confirmed they went and in order to get their money back they just claim the tickets didn't work. StubHub is making me run around like a chicken with my head cut off to prove my innocence. If I don't provide evidence to their liking I will be penalized almost $500 and the purchaser will get their money back and they will have had a great time at my expense. Ticket Sellers Beware. Think twice before you sell on StubHub.

Purchased Rolling Stones tickets for a 1-18-2016 show in Las Vegas. The tickets were over $1,000.00 and StubHub will not refund the money since it wasn't actually cancelled. They will "help me sell them" for some future event. Looking at their site, I believe there will be a charge for their services. This is outrageous, I will never use them again.

Just a joke. I made a mistake, my fault, and within minutes I called to see if I can rectify. Got someone in a foreign country who wouldn't help at all. Same day my wife bought tickets and they sent her lousy tickets for the same price in a completely different section. They're trying to say the seller mis-represented them but today they said it was a glitch in their seating chart. Buyer beware. This is a scam website and it's not the first, second or third time I've had problems. This website makes you give at least one star or I'd live no stars.

StubHub double sold my tickets for the last game of the (in Boston-Fenway) Boston Red Sox vs. the Blue Jays... Big Papi's last regular season game. We traveled from Toronto to Boston to see this game, on both of our birthday's. They claim that it is not in their error, but offered me a $900 credit to make up for my expenses for my trip (which cost $2000). Yet, a $900 credit would mean virtually nothing considering that Stub Hubs User Agreement states that "StubHub has no control over and does not guarantee the existence..." of tickets or other items. So, essentially we would be defrauded all over again.

They did refund our tickets in full, but not before fighting really hard and having arguments with the Customer Service Representatives, the Escalation Dept., the "Other" department, another supervisor, Executive Claims Dept. and THEN the manager of the Executive Claims Dept... I spoke to 7 people and got hung up twice on. My husband and I would not have purchase the tickets from StubHub if we knew we were putting out the money for the trip for nothing. Recommendation: Never buy anything from StubHub and let your family and friends know to protect them as well.

I had priced and sold a ticket for $90 on Stubhub (received $81). Unfortunately it had already sold and was transferred on another website. I called to Camel expecting to return the money and a possible few and they charged me $152.99! Their policy is a MINIMUM of 40% charge on undelivered tickets but as in my case the fees can go MUCH HIGHER. When I had reached out to the company to cancel and asked for specifics regarding charges the employee only stated that another department handles that service and she was unable to provide details. Certainly they want to make sure sellers can provide the tickets but I could have replaced the ticket for the buyer with better seats at that price. I would hope for greater specificity on charges, beyond the fact that I will be paying at least x percent.

Bought desert trip tickets and paid $800 for 3 days. The reason we went in stub was because they lied and said tickets were sold out. Fast forward to now. The tickets are $400 for 3 days. Rip-off False advertising 1957.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.
  • Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.
  • FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.
  • Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.
  • 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.
  • Best for StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Compare Ticket Websites