1.11/5
Based on 129 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 19, 2018

616 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I sold a ticket on January 6, 2018. I am still waiting for my payment. I have called 4 times and each time it is the same. "I've fixed it and you should get your money in 5-7 days." Utter incompetence. DO NOT SELL TICKETS on StubHub unless you want a real hassle. I will NEVER do it again.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've used StubHub for years for concert tickets, sporting events, and other things. I've ran into issues only a few times and when I contacted StubHub their customer service response was immediate and always above and beyond my expectations. The last issue I had was attending a Kings hockey game where my tickets did scan to get into Staples Center but some season ticket holders ended up showing up claiming they never listed the seats I bought off StubHub. This led to a big fight between myself, the season ticket holders, and security but once everything was settled down we contacted StubHub and we were reimbursed for the tickets with no hassle and were given new seats for no cost at Staples (this may have been through the box office, but I think StubHub did help with this as well).

It's worth paying the extra fees in order to make sure you have a good experience and good customer service in my opinion after dealing with that. Dealt with Vivid Seats on my last event and I was very sad I choose them over StubHub after I had an issue with their tickets and services. Thank you StubHub for making things right.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I tried 5 times to buy Indiana Pacers tickets. Each time I clicked "Buy" the site said the tickets were already sold. The worst part is that at first the site said seats 1-26 were available and it refused to give me any seats from the 26 allegedly available. Was extremely frustrated and went to SeatGeek where I got a better deal anyway.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Let me start by saying StubHub is a NO REFUND, if you buy it you OWN it type of company so BE CAREFUL!!! StubHub does not HELP the buyer at all, they continue to use the word "We HELP our buyers" but all they do is re-list your tickets. For example, if you buy something on eBay that was the wrong product - eBay will allow you a refund to the seller within a certain amount of business days, and if the seller doesn't refund you then eBay will take action against the seller. StubHub however will say, "Sorry you purchased the wrong product, all we can do now is allow you to become the seller of that product by listing the tickets on our site again and hope they sell before the concert date or else you lose out on your money or go to that concert."

There is a HUGE market of opportunity here for StubHub to step in and allow the buyer who if they bought the wrong product to have a chance to get a refund but instead StubHub is a NO REFUND policy to buyers. If the seller emails you or mails out the tickets for you, as soon as you receive it then it's your responsibility. Regardless if you bought the wrong product or not, they will NOT help you. All they will do is allow you to re-list it on their site, in which doesn't make sense because that's exactly what the original owner did in the first place. They guarantee you that if you buy anything on their site you own that product, no refunds.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Got a message when I was trying to get tickets saying my card entry wasn't valid. 20 minutes later says congrats you won the tickets. I already bought tickets from another site. Trying to refuse to give me my money back because of their error.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: April 13, 2018

My wife attempted to buy tickets for Celine Dion via Ticketek. Somehow StubHub came up offering tickets. A warning to the unwary. We got the tickets -listed at $119 each. Two tickets = $$238 Ticketek logo on top. We received the bill from Stub-Hub for $552.24. In reality we paid $276 for tickets marked at $119, this includes a fee or $40+ per ticket. In essence 100%+ increase. Do they buy tickets from Ticketek initially and then sell them at whatever price they feel they can get. Is this a scam? Is this legal? Once More a warning to the unwary. Are there any other suckers who have fallen for this?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I listed 2 tickets for sale on their website for $295 each. After a week or so I reduced the price to $275 each. The next day to my surprise, they sold for $209 and change!!! I contacted StubHub to ask what happened, they said there is nothing they could do, supposedly someone changed the price to 209 after I reduced the price to $275.

I was the lowest priced tickets by $25 when I listed them for $275, why would I undercut my own price?? They said I could cancel the trade and would be charged the GREATER of 40% ($167.20) or the price of replacing the tickets whichever is higher. Well replacing the tickets right now would cost $300 each so looks like for me to cancel it would cost me $600!!! They did refund the $41 selling fee to go towards another purchase with them but that doesn't fully make up for the $132 I lost. After looking into it, MULTIPLE people are having the same issue where they sell tickets for less than the seller lists them, yet StubHub stands by their buyers, not sellers.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I purchased tickets 2 months ago for my son's birthday. I still am unable to print the tickets. They are telling me tickets will not be available to print until the day before the concert which is months away. I will never purchase from StubHub again and I will make it my personal duty to use every internet review platform to tell people of their shady business dealings. This company is a ripoff.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I found some tickets for a baseball game with special club amenities - they were marked as a really good value. At $200 each for 4 tickets. When I made the purchase, I found that StubHub had charged me $192 in fees for the four tickets! That amounts to a 24% fee! When I contacted StubHub, they would not provide a fee schedule for their fees - it is clear that they increase the percentage fees if they feel the tickets are especially valuable - this is really unethical!! Don't click on 'buy" until you see what exorbitant fees they are charging!! I never thought a supposedly 'reputable' online service would be so shifty and dishonest... I will never trust StubHub again.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I bought 25 VIP Plus tickets from StubHub for the S2O event in Bangkok. After a few days I asked for the status of delivery, and the customer service told me that the tickets were not issued to the seller yet. A few days later, I started to think that this is scam and the seller does not have the tickets at all. Hence, I told the customer service to refund my money so that I can purchase the VIP Plus tickets from other sources. However, they insisted that the sellers are trustworthy and will deliver the tickets. In the end, none of them had tickets in hand. Take note that 25 tickets come from 3 sellers and all 3 sellers do not have tickets in hand. If you have no choice but to purchase tickets from StubHub, purchase from those who offer immediate delivery. As for me, I am not using their service anymore!

Original review: April 5, 2018

StubHub has a policy where they cannot sell “speculative” tickets. I was sold speculative tickets, and when we tried to call to get our money back, StubHub told us “these tickets aren’t speculative so tough luck”. Tough luck... very nice.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I've listed tickets for sale on StubHub as well as VividSeats. While they sold on VividSeats StubHub charged me an unexpected 40% for not being able to produce the tickets! And that while they only pay the seller AFTER the buyer receives and confirms the receipt of the tickets!

Original review: March 29, 2018

They allow sellers to rip off their clients. Sometimes asking 3 times what face value is. I just got burned for Pink Concert tickets that I bought on 10/7/2017. I paid 314.92 for two tickets. I got the tickets by UPS today! Both tickets face value was 69.95 each or 139.90 for both. There is no protection from StubHub about this unbelievable ripoff. They got me once. Never again. Please tell everyone you know about this scam company.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I purchased a parking ticket and was not able to download to my phone. Keep trying until I got to the event. Had to buy another parking ticket and StubHub will not refund my unused parking ticket. Very disappointed with their refund policy. I will never use StubHub again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I knew when using StubHub and their verified reseller that I’d pay a bit more than Ticketmaster price. Maybe 15-20 %. Imagine my surprise when I printed off my tickets that Ben ** sold to me for $53/apiece and printed in the ticket was admission price $25. That’s more than double the price. I would consider that scalping. Never again will I use StubHub. Shame on them, shame on Ben **. I believe in karma- just wish I could see it when it occurs. A customer is your best advertisement. Trust me- I will be advertising my StubHub lousy rip-off of an experience.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Last week, my brother and I went to see a Broadway show in NYC on the last night of our trip and we purchased tickets on StubHub. When we got to the door, my brother’s ticket scanned but mine did not and the theatre couldn’t do anything about it because I bought my ticket on StubHub. A StubHub ad on their website says “where do you want to sit.” Thanks to StubHub, I got to sit in the lobby! After later calling customer service, they offered to refund my money. Duh!!! I did not get what I paid for, so that is bare minimum. Then, the rep offered a $50 StubHub credit. To put it into perspective, for 2 tickets to the show we spent $375 on StubHub! I could have bought a more reliable ticket off the street or on Craigslist.

To add insult to injury, I was charged a whopping $69 in service fees, yet StubHub was so careless as to not even make sure I received the right ticket. It is embarrassing for a company that says they offer, “ticket buying as it should be,” to provide an invalid ticket. I will not be using StubHub anymore, and advise you to be cautious in trusting them with your hard earned money. I plan on using Ticketmaster or a service where I know my tickets will be valid. StubHub’s only guarantee is giving you a refund. I don’t care about the money, I wanted the experience. Because of StubHub, that was ruined! #BoycottStubHub.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Purchased tickets with a promise to arrive yesterday. I received emails that RE thank you for the purchase, directions on how to download the tickets, tickets have been delivered YET NO TICKET, NO LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE TICKET. Customer service only promises to correct the problem. Great, correct the problem. This has been the most difficult and worst experience in the purchase of tickets. Most sites that I have purchased from you just simply print out the ticket, DONE. Not here. As a result of this RIDICULOUS process I missed giving a friend a gift and I still wait for those tickets as customer service attempts to correct. DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH STUBHUB.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I bought a ticket for my boyfriend's birthday, it took 5 min to buy. Then received a mail that my tickets have been cancelled for ‘some reasons’/ reasons that no one knows. And it took me 3 full days to cancel everything. In three days I have called the company for 5 times and each employer promised to give me a call back in 48 hours to solve it out. Never received a call nor an email. I have tried the live chat but AGAIN 'it wasn't connected.' No way to reach them. SUCH A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY!! Never buy anything again from this company!!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Will never be using this website again. I usually get my tickets from StubHub, like I have been for the past 5 years. One time I had tickets to a Spurs game and once we got there, the tickets were already used inside! This past time was awful. I came to see the Houston rodeo from a city far from Houston. I mistakenly left my tickets at home (I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE FIRST PERSON TO DO THIS) and I called to ask for help. StubHub was very rude saying “your fault, your fault” repeatedly. I understand I purchased hard copy, but I’m sure there was a way to get an electronic copy. They would not help at all.

When I asked for a first and last name of the highest management all they did was give me a first name, not even a last. Not willing to own up to the responsibility let alone refund me any money. I spent a lot of money on those tickets. Second, they also attempted to lie to me saying “the rodeo only does hard copy. For every ticket of the rodeo, there is no electronic copy anywhere.” Which is total BS. Completely rude, did not care about you, very unsympathetic. Will not go back and purchase from here again.

Original review: March 15, 2018

UCL Match Ticket - First of all, I should say just don't trust StubHub and don't buy any ticket from them. They do not have enough information regarding the events and their requirements. I bought a football match ticket between Bayern Munich and Besiktas almost three months ago. In order to enter the stadium you should have Passolig. I asked them how I should get one and they said you go to the stadium, there is an office there, with your passport and the e-ticket you would get your Passolig. I went there and the guy said you should have signed up before and asked your agent from StubHub to send the information to our office.

I contacted StubHub and they told me that they have sent an email just one day before the match and informed me about the Passolig and its procedure!!! Just one day before the match while I am at travel and there is a chance that I would not check my emails. The funny thing is that when you want to sign up, it says it takes 15 days to issue the Passolig and send it to me, although the guy in the office said you just sign up and contact your agent to send the information to me. However, since it was too late (1 hour before the match), the agent of StubHub said they would not guarantee that I could get the ticket and at the end I couldn't attend the match and I lost 225$ and they say they are not responsible for this. All I am saying is that DO NOT trust StubHub.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Ordered NCAA tickets and 2 days later received the wrong tickets. Contacted StubHub and after spending over a period of 2 1/2 hrs they couldn't correct. Missed call back from first agent and of course could not speak to same agent but had new agent. The two agents gave me different stories regarding seller. First agent stated seller had sent wrong tickets and would send correct tickets. Second agent stated that tickets had been incorrectly listed but I had received the tickets truly available.

I was offered to return tickets for refund and then to purchase new tickets (of course limited selection without being able to get tickets together at that time) or could receive 25% credit on future order within one year. StubHub would not refund any of their charges for processing (I paid twice the face value of the tickets plus 25% of that amount for StubHub charges). Clearly agents reading from there standard predetermined responses. StubHub is a company which falsely advertises, has no commitment to service excellence, which wasted approximately 1 1/2 hrs of my time for their mistake and didn't really care about it.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My so called instant tickets for a golden knight game purchased on Monday, March 12 2018 were not instant. When contacting StubHub I was told by the end of the day, when I contacted them Tuesday morning I was told they were working on it. Asked for them to call me and they said they would and they didn't. I opened a case with PayPal asking for a refund and StubHub responded that to give them to the 19th. Never again. Absolutely horrible passive aggressive customer service.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Customer service is COMPLETELY NON-EXISTENT at StubHub... All emails bounce back. Calls placed went to a voicemail that said the box is full, try again later. In live chat picks up and hangs up before you can finish a sentence. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM by buying or selling... They only want your money and there's no one to resolve simple issues.

Original review: March 11, 2018

This is possibly the worst website ever! It keeps jumping all over the place then going to blank pages. I was looking for tickets to Santana in Edmonton Canada and the prices were all in US dollars. That to me is an insult as is most American companies! All of the other reviews I've read about ScamHub are negative and this fraudulent company must be shut down!!!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I listed three tickets to the Garth Brooks concert at the Houston Rodeo. When they sold, I needed the name, email, and phone of the buyer which I subsequently requested from StubHub. I was told to list their customer service number as the point of contact in the ticket transfer process. I transferred the tickets to the buyer immediately. But then I started receiving notices that the buyer had not accepted the transfer. I called StubHub twice to verify that everything was in order and was assured that it was. I received payment for the tickets.

The day after the event I was informed by StubHub that only one of the three tickets was transferred and that I would be charged the full sales price - which I was, plus an additional 40% charge. I was outraged. I had, in good faith verified that I had done everything properly. In addition the buyer had more than adequate time to notify me in advance of the event that there was a problem with the transfer. StubHub is a terrible place to do business.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I all for using StubHub to buy concert tickets, great site and you can always find a good deal. Well one of their sellers showed me a deal that was too good to be true, he made it look like he had the ticket. I bought it from him and everything seemed to be going to plan. When I get to the concert my ticket is not there. Well long story short he says he has the ticket, makes you pay an inflated price then he searches for it, his goal is rip off the buyer and pocket a higher sales commission. Does StubHub care about their customers?

Original review: March 7, 2018

I purchased Hamilton tix. They were promised to arrive electronically by 2/28. On 2/28 I called and was told 3/5. On 3/5 I called and was told 3/6. On 3/7 I called and they told me the seller had not received them from the venue (???) and that now I would be getting them on 3/12 by UPS. They are horribly unorganized and really do not care if the customer gets tickets or not. Horrible business. AVOID!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Back in November, I purchased two tickets to an Atlanta Hawks/LA Lakers basketball game for my daughter for Christmas. I never received the email notifying me that the tickets had been transferred to Ticketmaster. When I contacted StubHub, they said the email could not be resent and that they hoped I could “find” the missing email so that my daughter wouldn’t miss the game. What shallow words when they’re not backed up by Customer Service. Now, I’m out over $350, and my daughter is out two tickets to the ballgame! I will never do business with StubHub again!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

So I received this text a few minutes ago from StubHub, saying my account has been changed and if I didn't do it, call. So I did call and had to fight with their artificial intelligent operator (thanks America). Finally 10 minutes later a real live person answers, I explain the text, and she proceeds to try and verify my information. BIG surprise it doesn't match so she can’t talk to me about the account that they informed me was changed. Because I can’t verify the information on account. Duh, it was compromised what do you not understand! So NOW I get to call and cancel yet another debit card so there are no charges placed on the account. When are these companies going to make it just as easy to gain control back as it is for hackers to steal it?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Thankfully I did not purchase Monster Truck Show Tickets from StubHub! And After reading the reviews on this website, my suspicions and own personal experience is confirmed. This company should be removed or sanctioned for RIPPING off customers. I was able to purchase the EXACT same tickets that SH wanted to charge upwards in the amount of $90 for $25! BUYERS BEWARE... Any company that is willing to take consumers for a ride simply to profit off unsuspecting purchasers deserves to fail. Nothing good to say about this company.

StubHub expert review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

• Best for: StubHub is best for sports enthusiasts, since the company is affiliated with multiple sports leagues to offer great resales.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs