2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.59/5

StubHub Reviews

Original review: March 6, 2020

Even though StubHub is my first "go to" for getting tickets, I find you still need to shop around to see if there are better deals. They tend to have the biggest selection but sometimes confirming your seat is a challenge and/or a gamble. Seating charts are generally good but often I go off the site and search google for better seating charts. All that said, it is my "first stop" for online ticket shopping.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

StubHub is a reliable secondary market for tickets to all events. The descriptions of the tickets are accurate, delivery of tickets is as advertised and the prices are often lower than other secondary market sites. As far as selling tickets on Stubhub, the process is very simple and dependable. Tickets are listed and when sold the money is deposited into the account the seller has set up through the website. I have been very satisfied with Stubhub over the years and they are always my first choice when searching for concert or sporting event tickets.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Purchased tickets to Trans-Siberian for 12/7/2019 in Kansas City (we thought). While getting the tickets ready to print the night before, noticed the tickets were for Charlotte NC and not Kansas City. Contacted Ticketmaster where we purchased the tickets. They stated the tickets were not sellable on their site, but a third party could be used. I have a Stubhub account, so contacted them for their assistance. Miles assisted in getting the two tickets transferred from Ticketmaster to Stubhub and stuck with us the entire way until they appeared on the Stubhub site. Kudos to Stubhub and Miles for their exceptional customer service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I purchased tickets for a Calgary Flames and Dallas Stars hockey game 4 or 5 days in advance. I got ice level tickets for 1/3 the price advertised on TicketMaster. I received a code within 15 minutes of buying the tickets and was able to upload them and print them out from my computer. Zero issues at the arena. Truly enjoyed the game and my experience with StubHub - I will definitely purchase tickets (in advance) on StubHub again. - Lisa from Calgary, Canada

Original review: July 7, 2019

We purchased tickets for Peter Frampton for July 5 Montreal Jazz Festival morning before the show. Good seats 1st balcony 1st row. Received an email confirming the sale and telling us will receive tickets via email on day of show. Drove from 2 hours away to Montreal that afternoon. 2 hour before show contacted StubHub to confirm no tickets as of yet. They were very reassuring and I said would call back in a hour if no notification came in. Called back 45 minutes before show and was sent new tickets. The new tickets turned out to be 5 rows back centre stage!!! This was my first experience with StubHub and was obviously elated. Heard stories over the years (good ones) but to experience was a rush!! Great show and great night!!...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased multiple concert tickets through StubHub for events that were cancelled in the spring and fall. Though the venues and musicians have refunded the tickets to original ticketholders, StubHub will only give you a coupon. They changed their refund policy due to COVID, after the tickets were purchased. So basically, StubHub gets your refund from the band and keeps it. The absolute worst.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I would say that in light of all the recent Covid-19 cancellations StubHub is showing just how much they don't care about their customers. My event was cancelled 45 days ago and the refund still has not been processed. I called and they told me to be patient. I find this completely unacceptable. StubHub processes thousands of orders every day, I find it very difficult to understand that they need months to figure how to reverse the transaction. The date for the event that was cancelled has come and gone and still no refund. They have had my money for months now. I will not be using Stub Hub in the future. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Purchased 4 concert tickets. Due to covid 19 all concerts have been canceled. Stubhub changed their return policy on March 24,2020 to only give credit. Absolutely no refunds. This is very poor form to change policies after they knew all concerts would be canceled, but before any of them were. They would not even return the $40 per ticket processing fee. While on the phone, I was also told I don’t know how businesses are run. This don’t need to be communicated to me. Again poor customer service. Will never use them again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I bought a ticket for a single a baseball game. Mind you I have season tickets for this team so the likelihood of ever needing to buy a ticket again is rare. I was told after multiple conversations with Stub Hub customer service that once the franchise announced the cancelation I would be given a refund. Never were the words coupon given to me. With COVID I had 5 concerts canceled and every one of the concerts I was given a full refund of my money through Ticketmaster, but for stub hub I was given a coupon that I will never use.?? This is absolutely ridiculous that because of COVID they said they had to re-evaluate things and not everyone was able to be given their money back. I will never order from there again and I will go on every website possible to make sure everyone knows my experience and hopefully I will cause at least 1 other person to never order there again. Terrible service StubHub, Terrible!!!!

Original review: May 19, 2020

Already filed a complaint with the BBB. This place does not care about customers, they only care about collecting their fees for basically being the guy standing between you and the ticket scalper at the gate. Any hiccups in the process, and you're left holding the bag. $436.27 on two VIP tickets, over two months have gone by and I still dont have them. StubHub refuses to refund, says they'll contact the seller and, "ask again." When pressed on what happens if the seller doesn't respond, they say, "We'll try to find you comparable tickets." Um...NO! Those were VIP seats next to friends of ours. There are no "comparable" tickets. You people are lucky you're a virtual middle man, because I'd whoop yours, and the scalper's ** then and there for not handing me the tickets when I just forked over $436.27. Don't use this company. Let them go under.

StubHub author review by ConsumerAffairs

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team