2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

3.7/5 (1623 ratings)

About StubHub

StubHub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Purchased and never received the tickets, never again. They offered me $350 value ticket and accordingly to what the Representative said it’s more than the $250 that I paid for, the thing is, the $350 a ticket was cost $130 when I place my order and my current ticket cost $400, totally scam ..

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I purchased tickets to a football game before Covid-19 started, which was cancelled due the pandemic. StubHub eventually agreed to refund my order, after claiming initially that the event is only "postponed". More than a year later I still haven't received it. They ignore my many attempts to contact them, and when they rarely respond they claim the issue "is being investigated". It's obvious to me I will never receive the refund for the order I paid for, and I also will never purchase tickets from StubHub again. I recommend to anyone to avoid working with such a dishonest company.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I listed some tickets for sale a few weeks ago because a my infant niece got severely ill and we could not go and were hoping to make some money from the ticket sales to go towards hospital medical bills. One of my listings disappeared and couldn't be found in any of the tabs... wasn't even found when I went and looked them up on the StubHub website, either! I could find other tickets in the same section, but mine were not there. I listed the tickets again and both ended up selling?

I was on hold for forever and couldn't get through. Called back later to try and talk to someone and was told that I needed to pay $400 for the sale that couldn't be completed and on top of that, I would not be receiving the money from the sale. That means $800 stolen from me! Crappy customer service. They need to do better on customer satisfaction.. and not just for a buyer. StubHub wouldn't be a company without buyers AND sellers, yet they treat the latter, very poorly. DO NOT LIST OR SELL FROM THEM!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Stub Hub owes me $160 for tickets I sold and did not pay me. They just sent an email to my husband saying that PayPal didn't work for payment but left no instructions on what to do next. I called and have been on hold for over 2 hours. There's no other easy to contact them. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

As a victim of Hurricane Ida, with no power, water, WiFi, cable, mail for 11 days, StubHub has added to our trauma. The sheer corporate cruelty exhibited by a company "selling experiences" is disgusting. I dare anyone to try to reach StubHub's imaginary customer service. Unable to reach StubHub - BECAUSE OF A FEDERAL DISASTER, they are penalizing us to the tune of $1800, for tickets we didn't deliver. BECAUSE IT WAS A HURRICANE & WE HAD NO MAIL, NO POWER, NO WATER. I have proof of trying at least 7 times, trying to contact them, sitting in my car, charging my phone. StubHub's response: according to our policy.... corporate jargon. There are thousands of complaints on the BBB about StubHub. NEVER USE THIS CRAP COMPANY- Be Warned

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased tickets for the University of Ky. vs Florida football game. The tickets never came. I messaged them several times with no response. I’ve now had to file with PayPal to get reimbursed. I’ll NEVER use StubHub again. HORRIBLE!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

It's pretty easy to use. Lots of good ticket availability for most any sporting event. Of course the fees are a little rough, but it is what it is with these sites, they gotta make money somehow. I went to baseball games in Chicago and St. Louis (I'm from Texas) and StubHub just decided to sign me up for emails for those areas even though me visiting those cities was a one-time thing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

My event was cancelled. I called customer service 3 times over a 3 week period (with 3 hours total wait time) and the first 2 times was told I would get a refund once “their system is updated” to reflect the cancellation. The third time I was told it was postponed a full year, not cancelled and that refunds weren’t an option, only to go next year. So I’m supposed to float $500 for a year and then try to resell next year, and you can make double the fees?! Whatever leader at StubHub corporate made that policy decision desperately needs a lesson in customer service. They just lost a loyal customer in me. Why pay outrageous fees if they won’t honor refunds? I will order direct from now on to avoid the middleman. I paid $390 for tickets and $130 in fees and what that comes down to is I paid $130 to verify they are real tickets, nothing else. What a joke!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I have ordered tickets from StubHub multiple times, always hoping the next time will be different. I've ordered tickets, where I was "guaranteed" ticket delivery prior to the event. When the tickets do not get delivered to me (happened more often than not), I would have to wait in their customer service for over an hour, just for them to tell me they'll "look into it" and not follow up. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE TO GET YOUR TICKETS THE DAY OF, AS THEY CLAIM. StubHub is NOT worth stressing over.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I purchased one ticket to the Texas A&M vs Mississippi State plus a parking ticket. The parking ticket came through but not the game ticket, so I had to purchase another ticket to get in. There was no answer at customer service on weekends plus long holds to correct the situation. Finally, I was able to get through a few days later after 45 minutes waiting, only to be denied reimbursement. Never again will I use this service!

StubHub author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

StubHub is an eBay company that began selling and reselling event tickets in 2000. A fully online and mobile company, StubHub focuses on technology and innovation to create the best experiences for customers.

• Mobile app: Buy tickets and choose your seats, or resell tickets via the mobile app for Android or Apple.

• Easy sales process: List your tickets on the app or website, and StubHub will do the work of finding buyers, completing the sale and paying you.

• FanProtect Guarantee: Guarantee for buyers so that they will either receive replacement tickets or a refund if something goes wrong with the vendor; guarantee for the vendor that he or she can list his or her own price and post tickets free of charge.

• Fan rewards: For each StubHub purchase, earn two percent of the cost in rewards that you can cash in for a discount on a future purchase.

• 24/7 customer support: Call toll-free from the U.S. or Canada, or chat online with support.

StubHub Company Information