3.0/5 (810 ratings)

About Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

By far the worst experience. Only used them once and that will be the only time! I purchased tickets to JoJo Siwa and couldn’t go due to covid positive test and was told I’m out $311 because they won’t give me my money back like I had control if I get covid or not. This is ridiculous! They keep saying to contact event host and when I asked who that was they told me “they can’t give out personal information.”

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Ticketmaster sells “Official Platinum” packages which ‘coincidentally’ have the same name as packages some artists sell, and are about the same price as the artist, but do NOT include any extras, such as a meet & greet. These packages cost $700-900, and because the name of the package is the same and the price is the same, you are deceived into thinking you’re getting the actual meet & greet package the artist is selling, when in reality all you’re getting is an extremely overpriced ticket. This happened to me, and I have been working to resolve this since November 2021 (the day after I purchased the “Official Platinum” package sold by Ticketmaster, not the artist. There was no way to speak to anyone from Ticketmaster. The phone number directed you to send them a message on their website, then hung up on you. There wasn’t even an option to chat with a representative.

I sent a message (and then additional messages in the future) which then took days, and in my case weeks for them to respond. After countless messages, and requesting to speak with an actual representative in every message, I finally got a call today, 1/18/2022 (months since I’ve been trying to contact them, and 1 month after the show has passed), only to tell me that because the event had passed there was nothing they could do because the funds were no longer available. Had they helped me BEFORE the show, and responded to my multiple requests for help, I wouldn’t have been overcharged $600 for one ticket. I am extremely frustrated with how Ticketmaster does business and how they treat their customers, especially during these difficult times. I will avoid this company at all costs.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Terrible! Will never sell or buy for them again. I sold tickets to a concert and they never paid It out. After several emails (because you cannot talk to someone over the phone) they claim It was refunded to the buyer. I was not notified and on my app the tickets still state sold. So either way I don’t get the money I sold and I wasn’t able to go to the concert. Terrible customer service. Business lost forever from me.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

This is the only bad experience I've had with Ticketmaster, but it was truly terrible: Before the pandemic I bought two tickets for the Alanis Morissette concert at the Hollywood Bowl. It was postponed twice, and both times I chose to wait instead of requesting a refund. On June 8, 2020 I got an email from Ticketmaster informing me that the event had been rescheduled and that my tickets were still valid. The date for the concert was finally set for October 5th, 2021. Seven days before the concert, I got an email from Ticketmaster saying “Can you still make it?” with instructions in case I wanted to sell my tickets. I did not want to sell my tickets and did not even log into my account.

On October 1st, 2021 I logged into my account. My Events page showed as “Upcoming” the Alanis concert. The Event Details page showed the concert information, and said “Your event has been rescheduled: your tickets are still valid.” I attempted to print my tickets, and could not. The tickets did not show up at all on the Ticketmaster app. That same day I emailed customer support. Their response was a standard email reading, in part: “Thanks for reaching out to us. We are extremely excited that live events are back…etc., etc…We appreciate your patience…we are increasing our staffing levels to meet demand.” In the evening of October 1st I again opened the Ticketmaster app. The tickets were finally visible, but it said I had sold them. I emailed customer service again, informing them that at no point did I sell my tickets. I received another standard email.

From October 1st until October 5th I sent daily messages informing Ticketmaster informing them that I never sold my tickets. October 3rd: sent a message via Twitter to Ticketmaster Fan Support. On October 4th I called their 800 number and got a recording. I sent a message via Twitter to Ticketmaster Fan Support. October 5th: sent a message via Twitter to Ticketmaster Fan Support. I finally received a personalized reply via email saying “Thank you for reaching out to us. However I do see that your tickets have been sold.” I replied repeating that I had not sold my tickets. Later that day I got a reply informing me that the “fraud team” would contact me within 24 hours. I received that same day another email asking if I wanted to have “…our team look into this. Please reply by email or call us on [their 800 number]. Thanks. Alex.” I tried that number again, and again got a recording.

On October 6th I emailed “Alex” letting him know I did want to make a fraud report, and that the number he had given me did not work. I got a reply apologizing for the inconvenience and asking for my phone number. Then, I got another email from a “Miguel” asking for the last 4 digits of my credit card and my zip code. I finally received two phone calls from Ticketmaster, but could not pick up. On October 7th I called back the 888 number they left in my voicemail. I told the person who picked up that I would be recording our call. I explained everything that had happened, and requested that Ticketmaster also refund me the shuttle tickets that I had bought.

I was fully refunded a few days later. This was a great relief. However, what I really wanted was to go to a concert for which I patiently waited for two years. On November 1st I received one final email informing me that “We are working hard to keep pace with an unprecedented volume of inquiries, etc., etc…” SUGGESTION: Ticketmaster should implement a two-step verification system when someone allegedly wants to sells their tickets. If I’d gotten a notification asking me to confirm this, this whole mess would’ve been avoided.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Bought tickets which I paid for. Then due Covid I sold tickets. Ticketmaster sent me an e-mail stating I’d get a credit. 12 weeks and still no credit. Can only Reach these people via e-mail. Ticketmaster didn’t start the 12 week process till I reached out to them. I’m looking at 20 weeks before if and when I get a refund.

Ray

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I purchased tickets for Disney on Ice for my family along with two of the add on toys for my kids. A few days before the event both of my kids tested positive for covid I emailed them to figure out what I could do since we were unable to go. They took forever to respond to me. I had to figure out how to sell my seat tickets online myself and take a loss for all the money I spent on the toys since we weren’t able to go get them and they do not do any refunds.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

We drove more than 3 hours to get to the Ducks vs Red Wings game in Anaheim. You didn’t notify us it was cancelled until one hour after the scheduled start time. That is unacceptable. I expect some type or reimbursement or credit to cover our cost and time. Your app allowed me to download the tickets after the event was formally called off. There was no warning, notification, email or text sent to let us know the event was cancelled. Will buy from StubHub from now on.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I was trying to purchase ticket and it took me an hour to be able to make a purchase because their website was giving me lots of issues. It couldn’t load then I couldn’t enter my card info but when I finally was able to submit purchase, I bought ticket at the wrong state. I am not sure how that happened as I entered state where I live. I sent multiple emails with explanation but none of my emails was reviewed as someone would told me that tickets couldn’t be exchanged from different state, instead they kept sending me emails that hard to understand and so I asked follow up questions to clear things out with no response. They wanted to purchase new ticket and then they will review a refund. I did that because I couldn’t get help and right after I bought second ticket for my state I received email saying they can’t do refund because it’s from different state. The question I asked them 3 times on email with no response. I also have proof of everything.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Their fees are way too high, the ticket prices they list are too high, and their customer service and website are HORRIBLE. Now they won't let me sell tickets that I own and getting them to try to fix it is a nightmare.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I’ve been a Ticketmaster customer for over 20 years and WILL NEVER use them again. I’ve been in customer support for 25+years and have NEVER experienced poor customer support like this. They now make it near impossible to speak with any decision makers via phone call or email. I sent emails about my specific issue and received and FAQ email response that gets you nowhere. The call center will not transfer you to any decision makers and will put you oh hold for an hour and hang up on you.

I purchased my CFB playoff tickets and never received a response to receiving my tickets to get me into the game. The only response that I did get was from a rude refund representative who said there was no way I was getting a refund. I got several employee names/numbers and my attorney WILL be in touch early next week to get my refund. SeatGeek will be my new ticket resource!

Ticketmaster author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

Ticketmaster Company Information