1.13/5
Based on 128 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 25, 2018

1063 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

We purchased Lion King tickets as a Christmas present. Our tickets were for a Sunday evening performance. This performance ended up being canceled because of "scheduling conflicts" and was replaced with a Thursday afternoon performance. We were NOT notified at the time this was done. We learned after the fact that this change was made in February for a May performance. If we had been notified at the time this happened, we would have had time to rearrange plans. Instead we were notified the day before the performance. Most people cannot attend a Thursday afternoon performance with a day's notice. And if we had overlooked the email for even 1 day, it would have been too late to do anything at all about it.

We ended up taking a refund. Rescheduling at that point involved an expensive change fee (which in my opinion should have been waived) and available tickets were too expensive, plus the impossible task of rearranging plans at the last minute especially when out of town travel was involved. We are very disappointed with this approach for handling canceled events. It is hard to understand why a company would think this is an acceptable customer service practice.

Original review: May 18, 2018

From the purchase process on the Ticketmaster site: "If you can't attend this event for any number of reasons like covered illness, airline delays, traffic accidents, if you are required to work, and more, you'll be reimbursed for this purchase." This is a complete fabrication and lie. If you are required to work, your claim will be rejected by the insurance company they use, Allianz - even in appeal. And the only thing Ticketmaster will do (over and over) - besides not answer their phone - is to apologize for the "misunderstanding" and recommend you call Allianz. I made the insurance purchase based on exactly what they say above and I am not out over $400 with no recourse other than this. Which I will do far and wide. Way to go Ticketmaster!

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I bought event tickets for a music concert via Ticketmaster. Firstly, for an FV of $375 tickets their service charge is $85! So the total cost to me was $460. Second, I am checking the event line up a week before and the artist is not performing anymore. They refused a refund claiming 'line-up subject to change'. Good CYA and screw the customer line! If you change your part of the contract, why should I be held to pay a hefty amount for seeing people I am not interested in seeing? Absolutely unfair practice.

Original review: May 13, 2018

May 10th, one week before the show I added my credit card information and selected (2) tickets for Kenny Chesney. Website started to "Verify" then a message popped up "your tickets were purchased by someone else, RETRY". I attempted again in same section and same message, "your tickets were purchased by someone else, RETRY". I gave it one more try and the transaction went through. I received a confirmation email and all was good! NOT. I checked my credit card account 2 days later and all three transactions were on my statement! I called Ticketmaster and they told me they could not help because it was "Resale Tickets"!!! Called credit card company and disputed this rip off charge! Has anyone had this happen to them... This is a scam and they need to own up to it...

Original review: May 3, 2018

Twice, on two separate occasions, I have been charged by TICKETMASTER for initial online orders, without them initially producing tickets. When I have called them, both times, they admit that it's money pending against my account, and for me to get the tickets, I would need to do a re-purchase... so, I would get my tickets, BUT when I pay the second time, and then, after two-three weeks, the initial purchase money would eventually come back out of pending.

I don't have the money or the patience for this overcharging and poor business and fraudulent practices like this and don't know how TICKETMASTER gets away with it, considering all the regulations out there. With the money being placed in pending, and then, in ordering again, this company is putting the customer out of double the initial purchase price on the upfront expected cost and at their leisure, releasing the money back - why??? I am not sure what kind of game is being played here but I hope like hell you get caught, and I hope other people read this in my fair warning, you'll be out of double the money for a while, and I promise you I will never use your company, ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: April 21, 2018

I noticed on my bank account that there was a $1,164 charge from Ticketmaster. Which cleaned my bank account out of my Social Security check. I called the bank first and told me to call them. I called Ticketmaster. After waiting 10 minutes on the phone listening to deafening music I was connected with a real person. They told me it wasn't their department and they connected to me the resell department. Apparently anyone can sell tickets they ordered from them and don't want. The person on the phone said there are no refunds from that department. I told them I never ordered them in the first place.

He gave me all of my correct account information, name, where I lived, etc. Then said, "It is on your account and we can't do anything about it. Maybe you can resell them." WHAT? I want my money back... I did not order them! "Sorry It is on your account and we can't refund them." What a poor excuse for a company to do business! Apparently they don't even know who was reselling them on Their resell site. So, being a senior citizen and no money for a lawyer to fight it I won't be paying my bills at the end of this month.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Tried to use their site to purchase Platinum (resale) tickets and the site was broken, wouldn't complete the process. Tried to call and after 30 minutes finally was able to reach a person. Was told that I can't purchase those tickets on the phone, I'd have to use the site (which I explained did not work). Eventually went to another service (StubHub) and was able to get the same exact tickets in literally two minutes and CHEAPER. Will never try to purchase through Ticketmaster again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased Devils playoff tickets for 04/16/2018 game. I did not look at the tickets when they were delivered. Before I ordered the tickets I called everyone to see if they would be able to get off work because it was a Monday night game. We went to the game and they would not let us in because the tickets were printed with the wrong day and date. The tickets were printed with Monday 04/21/2018. 04/21/2018 is a Saturday not a Monday.

I then had to go into the box office, explain that Ticketmaster made the mistake and after almost an hour I was forced to have to purchase more tickets when the mistake was Ticketmaster's the whole time having security standing over my family and guests as if we were criminals. I have a DISABILITY!! And purchased these tickets so I could sit and enjoy the game and Ticketmaster refused to honor them and forced me to have to purchase more tickets and sit where we were forced to rather than where I would be more comfortable. Ticketmaster did refund my money for the first screwed up purchase.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I order my tickets well over a month ago and immediately got sent my tickets via e-mail. TicketMaster was also to send a parking pass for my concert via separate e-mail. It was never sent. I called and spoke to their support personnel at least 3 different times and each sent me to a different department. I was finally sent to the ticket resale dept., but was never able to speak to anyone there. I ask for a callback when someone got free, but never got called back. Now here it is the night before the concert and still no parking pass. TicketMaster appears to believe they can do whatever they want and they can still sell tickets. They have seen the last of my business! I wish I could give them a "No Stars" rating!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

Ticketmaster does not offer refunds when they violate FTC regulations. If you select 3 day shipping they make it seem like you'll get 3 day shipping, but really it's 2 weeks. They don't provide disclaimers. This is a clear violation of the FTC Mail Order rules.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I'm really surprised at how high the service charge was on both selling and buying tickets. I'd of course prefer never to use a service that charges so much without explanation, but I just don't have a choice. Not a good experience, doesn't make me feel good about Ticketmaster.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Tried to use their website for an Amex presale, repeatedly told me it was bringing up the seats I ordered, then would say another had beat me to them but I could have the next best. Looped with this BS ad infinitum. 1/2 hour of my life wasted trying to spend money with this ridiculous excuse for a company. Never again.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Though Ticketmaster is the only agent for some Broadway Shows, it is totally inept and not designed for those purchases. ON the phone, the automated system does not recognize the names of the shows that it sells. Online it gives no option to pick up tickets at box office. For Angels in America, with two parts it does not give any way to purchase both shows on Wednesday at once. Purchase one and take your chances with the second. And all this for outrageous "convenience" fees. If only they didn't have a monopoly.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We got a discount code at Albertsons for 20 percent off Disney On Ice Frozen in Phoenix. Ticketmaster kept rejecting the code. I asked they honor the discount. They charge outrageous fees and basically told me to fly a kite when I emailed them. Tough was their response. Not our fault. They have a ticketing Monopoly and really don't care because they have consumers over a barrel.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Asked for e-ticket, but never got the e-ticket. I was able to print off tickets, but I wanted to use the e-ticket. When I called customer support. There is no way to talk to a real person. The wait time was 15 min so they were to call me back. I never got a call and had to go thru the process all over again. Very very frustrating. Better off going and purchase tickets at the box office and also save me $45 in fees and lots of TIME. Ticket Master was very disappointing to deal with.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Reba concert July 28/2018 - This was the first time purchase tickets from Ticketmaster. I needed 4 tickets. They wouldn’t sell me 4 tickets so I had to purchase 2. Had time. That was ok. The one ticket price was 435.00 the second one 500.00. Now the problem is they charge me US prices when it was to be Canadian prices. I assume now that this company is not honest. I keep on trying to get an answer from them. I rather give them back the tickets and get a refund and never deal with this company again.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I've been using Ticketmaster for years now and this is the first year that I've had such a horrible encounter; not once, but twice, in a span of a week! I was trying to purchase 3 tickets for Jimmy Buffett and I know his concerts always sell out in a matter of minutes so time is always limited. I found a bunch but every time I clicked on it, it said no longer available. Each time, I had to change the number back from 2 to 3, which takes more time. I finally got 3 that worked, I checked the location and the seats were good, I clicked yes and it was processing. I was so excited that I got them, I told my mom. My aunt apparently got tickets as well so we were trying to see which ones were the best. When I went to look, it was completely different area than where I had clicked on. Then, when I clicked on the ticket itself, it said $54 each yet I paid $156 each! Apparently, it was a "fan to fan" purchase and I wasn't aware of it! These were nosebleed seats that I paid $156 for - ridiculous! I will never be able to sell these as no one else will buy them for that disgusting price!

If that isn't bad enough, I went to buy Camila Cabello tickets for my daughter as her and friends want to go. I went online and saw tickets for $87, though she thought they were only $40 or so. Whatever, it's my daughter so I bought it anyway. When I went to print the tickets out this morning, they were only $39 dollars!!! Are you freakin' kidding me??? I was very careful as I was burned last time and I was trying to look for anything that said "fan to fan" but I didn't see anything! I was doing it from my phone this time! Well obviously, it was "fan to fan" again and there was NO indication on my phone app that stated that fact! So I got stuck paying $60 more for a general admission ticket??? What a bullshit scam! I will never use Ticketmaster again!!! It really is disgusting how easy that make it for the creeps to scam good people out of their hard earned money!.

Original review: March 18, 2018

This website ticket agent are worst on planet, they charged my credit card, give me verified numbers to go to, WILL CALL WINDOW to pick up my tickets, and sold tickets to someone else, so I missed the EVENT. Please Never ever purchase tickets from them. This website are biggest fraud, they charge highest price for tickets, charge your credit card and Does not sent you tickets at all, when you try to talk to Ticketmaster Representative they said that, "Everything is good to go. Here are reference number for your tickets and you will have tickets at ticket windows", but later someone else bid higher for your ticket they will sell your tickets to others at higher price, so basically you will miss your event.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Ordered Spring Training tickets online. Ticketmaster said I was to be able to download or print. I clicked on the e-mail to view tickets. Nothing there. Showed the order, but I could do nothing but transfer to someone else. The game was later that day and I was on hold and then transferred. After 40 minutes they could not help me. Had to call the ballpark and have them take care of it for me. I will never use Ticketmaster again. I don't suggest you do either.

Original review: March 14, 2018

First the app would not let me select the seats I wanted as it left one seat empty even though this was greyed out and restricted view. Then I get an email saying I purchased Allianz insurance and I most certainly did not. Finally spent 15 minutes on phone waiting for a machine asking me what I wanted. I could tell you what I wanted to do but instead I have come to warn everyone about this scam. I probably spent more on hold than the £8 charged for the fake insurance.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I bought theater tickets over a week ago and am still awaiting an attachment so that I can print out my tickets. I have written to Ticketmaster over 5 times asking for the attachment. They wrote back 1 time and said they were sorry and did nothing more. One has to wait almost an hour if they call Ticketmaster and chatting online is no better.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I take my grandkids to Monster Jam every year, this year I couldn't because of Ticketmaster. Last year it was $90 for 6 tickets, this year it was $247 for 7. A $22 ticket was $40 on Ticketmaster with the 'convenience' fees. It's a scam and I hope someone sues them!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I find it absurd that Ticketmaster is allowed to advertise ticket prices that are, in fact, NOT reflective of the actual cost. Various fees (which are vague and refer to basically nothing) make the actual cost anywhere from 15% or more than the advertised price (exclusive of any gov't taxes). This is blatantly fraudulent, and I have no idea how it is allowed to continue. Further, it is abhorrent that the company is allowed to re-sell tickets through its own partner company (IES). How can a retailer sell an item to itself and then charge significantly more for the same item ON ITS OWN WEBSITE?? Everything about this company sucks. It is tragic that more artists do not insist on independent ticket sales. I hate Ticketmaster with an undying passion.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I bought expensive tickets to the Shania Twain Concert that were next to the stage that was created like a catwalk. However, I just found out that my 2 seats are now not next to the stage because they added more seats and took out the catwalk. Ticketmaster refuses to reimburse me for my tickets. I only bought them because I wanted to be next to the stage. I am not made of money and I saved to take my daughter to this concert. It doesn’t surprise me though. They could care less about who buys the tickets.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Curious if anyone has had this experience: A good show comes to town that everyone is excited to see, big buzz, fanfare, etc. You go buy your tickets online, 3-4 months in advance at Ticketmaster, and only the absolutely most expensive tickets show up, so you buy them. $122 each including fees. Bought 4, then you find out the night before said show, Ticketmaster is dumping tons of remaining tickets for only $39!! NONE of these tickets even showed up when you first purchased. You try to exchange, or "buy down" only to be told they will not issue refunds, or credit!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I'll try to make this short and abbreviated. I have $100 worth in Ticketmaster gift cards. I tried to use them for a show at Red Rocks in Colorado. I selected the tickets I wanted, but when I went to cash out, it would not let me use the Ticketmaster Gift Cards that I had. So I thought certainly this had to be a mistake, so I tried again. Next time I tried the tickets I selected were gone and I had to select another group of tickets that were 10 dollars more than the previous ones and, same thing happened, I could not apply the gift cards. So yes, I tried one more time, and again I had to pick more expensive tickets.

At this point I should have stopped, but instead I mistakenly thought, crap these tickets are selling out fast. This time I bought the tickets with regular money, thinking I would contact them later and just try to get the gift cards applied. Immediately after buying them, I called them to tell them what happened. At this point I still thought it was an error, as WHY wouldn't I be able to use Ticketmaster's own gift cards on Ticketmaster's own website??? Well, it turns out I was buying "someone" else's tickets, which they did not make clear at all. That being the case, they would not let me use their own gift cards for this transaction. Which make absolutely zero sense as I was paying ** themselves with their own cards that are to be treated like cash.

It gets way worse. Turns out the show I bought tickets for had plenty of tickets left and if I would have just gone through the box office itself instead of **, my tickets through ** that cost me $419.00 I could have gotten and still could get for around $200. So, I COULD NOT use my $100 in ** gift cards, and I was spending $200 MORE than I should have if I would have not used **. I found this all out only 10 minutes after my transaction was completed. So I called them back to cancel my order and get a refund, as my order was only 10 minutes old, the concert wasn't for 4 months, and I did not have any tickets. The only thing that happened at this point was I gave them $419 for tickets I still don't have. So they refused to refund my money. Was stuck with 4 tickets that cost me $200 more then what I can get them for today.

Do you think it ends there? Nope it gets worse. So here I am with a $100 in ** gift cards that I still need to use. I looked up 8 different events through **, and in all 8 cases I cannot use my $100 in gift cards for a single one of them. So I call them again (this was today) and I demanded to know do I really have $100 in gift cards that I cannot use? The simpleton manager told me I could use them, I said "really, for what?" I tried 8 different events and I couldn't use them for any of them. He insisted I could, so I said, "For what again?" He just changed the topic, still insisting I could use them for something. Great right? That would make everyone feel good right?

Basically I got ripped off $200 and, I still have a $100 in gift cards I cannot use!! So with this knowledge I just sold my gift cards to Cardpool.com for $12 less than their value bought value. ** has been ripping people off for years. I'm 40 years old and been buying tickets since I was 16, and they always have elaborate fees intended to screw over the consumer. One of them was called the convenience fee, hilarious.

Last part. The last event I looked up was for my children, Disney on Ice here in Colorado Springs. This event had 7 different show times. Still, ** only sold "other people's" tickets and they had hundreds of them. I called the Box office and found out not one of the shows was sold out. This leads me to a very solid conclusion. ** buys a bunch of tickets and then sells them as if they are someone else's tickets. There are not 100s of people that bought Disney on Ice tickets that did not plan on going, and just wanted to resell them. This is not the case, I don't believe it. ** buys a bunch of tickets and sells them for way more than you could get them for at the box office itself. NEVER NEVER NEVER, buy tickets through Ticketmaster. They is no longer a possibly of them ripping people off, they are officially and without question jackin' people for their hard earned money and are extremely anti-consumer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

After contacting Ticketmaster in the correct time frame it took them 3 days to respond and told me I was outside of the exchange or refund period and that I wasn’t eligible for a refund. 165.00 out. My dad wasn’t able to download the app. I tried to reach them. Horrible customer service. He had to purchase tickets there so charged twice. That’s insane.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Buyer BEWARE - watch for the "type" of ticket you are buying from Ticketmaster. I just found out that Ticketmaster allows people to resell tickets on the Ticketmaster website, AND they allow these folks to "name their price" AND THEN they promote said tickets as "verified resale" to make people think they are good tickets. What a scam! I understand that sometimes honest people cannot attend the concert they legitimately bought tickets for. These people have no choice but to resell their ticket or give them to friends. Since Ticketmaster does not give refunds, it would be fair for Ticketmaster to allow people to resell tickets for events they can no longer attend - but ONLY for the price shown on the ticket, (plus a the service charge). They should NOT allow people to jack up the price to whatever they want.

By allowing the customer to name their price, Ticketmaster is encouraging scalpers, and making it easy for these scumbags to prey on unsuspecting ticket buyers. Scalpers no longer have to stand in dark alleys trying to scalp tickets, they just let Ticketmaster do their dirty work. Ticketmaster - you should be ashamed! It is no wonder that concert tickets sell out so fast when there is such easy profit to be made with Ticketmaster helping you scalp the tickets. Be cautious when you buy tickets from Ticketmaster, you may not be getting the best deal. I paid 93.00 (plus service charge) for my tickets, then the week before the event Ticketmaster is selling the exact same tickets for $40. When I called customer service they said that there was nothing they could do. Turns out I bought "resold" tickets.

When I purchased them, I was only shown one price and was not given any other options. My ticket clearly shows the Ticketmaster logo, and my credit card showed the purchase from Ticketmaster, yet I was told that my tickets were from a private seller, and that seller was allowed to ask whatever price they wanted. I got ripped off and Ticketmaster really does not care. I am certain they got a cut of the profit, they call it a service charge; but it is really profit from scalping. The whole scalping issue is wrong and should be illegal, but until laws are put in place; major players like Ticketmaster should not be openly encouraging the process as it makes the issue so much worse. I would rather not use Ticketmaster ever again, but the sad fact is that most events use this site to sell their tickets. So, I will just have to be very careful the next time I order tickets to anything.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I just cannot believe that the fees need to be as high as they are. The last purchase a friend made increased from ~$148 to ~$196, which is a 32% increase in price. It just seems entirely unreasonable. It is worth noting that this did not involve receiving a physical ticket. It would have cost more to receive an actual ticket. I made a purchase myself not too long ago as well. I ran the numbers and it was a 24.5% increase in the price based on fees. (275.20 > 342.70).

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

They advertise the event at $99 dollars. I bought one ticket. A week later they changed the price of the seats for $55. I called and ask for a refund (two month before the event). They told me to sell it online. The website doesn't let me. I called again, they told me they will call the venue and I am receiving an email in two days. I never got the email. I called again, manager refuses to go on the phone. They will not give me my money back. BE AWARE. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR $.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs