Ticketmaster

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We don't purchase tickets very often from Ticketmaster and were unaware that they actually sell scalped tickets at huge markups right on their own website. Only a little dot with two arrows in it and "verified reseller ticket" vaguely communicate that you're about to pay multiple times what the ticket originally was sold for. The original ticket value should really be displayed along with the scalped ticket price. I'll be looking into starting a class action lawsuit to force Ticketmaster to show the original ticket price and compensate their customers who fell victim to Ticketmaster's deceptive resale ticket scheme.

I purchased tickets for Earth, Wind & Fire and Chic on July 18 in Phoenix, AZ about two weeks ago. I am treating a client and wanted to have the best possible experience for her, so I intentionally searched for VIP packages and bought 4 tickets, which I KNOW were to be VIP. No VIP confirmation. No help from Ticketmaster. All the service charges they layer on which seem to mean the same thing and after 45 minutes of holding... nothing. Too bad so sad. There needs to be some competition in this arena! Ticketmaster has a monopoly and clearly people are not happy with them.

Very disappointed experience with Ticketmaster! We not only lost the chance to see Calgary Stampede Rodeo, but also have to fight to get refund! I am in the process of dispute the charges. We booked 6 tickets for friends and family through Ticketmaster in advance in US. After created an account on the site, I saw the tickets were reserved. But when we arrived at the park a week later, we could not log into my account. There was a Ticketmaster representative on site, but he failed too after 30 minutes of resetting passwords multiple times. By the time he gave up, the show was already started. We then called the Ticketmaster customer service, but the line was so busy that we were told to hold for at least 20-30 minutes. We decided to give up, the most exciting event of the visit. And the representative agreed with us that we should get refund because those tickets were never scanned, used.

Well that was not the case. When we called customer service after got back home, they would not make the refund. First, I was told that I should print out the tickets, then, said I should call the customer service on the spot, last, told I should have called them within 72 hours. Yes, we called them on the fourth day after the event, but was second day we got back home. The customer service rep was rude, and tried to come up with any reason to blame on us, and at one point said "is there any other questions I can help with?" Just like to share my experience with those who are thinking to use Ticketmaster services.

Let me preface my review by saying that the rep I spoke with on the phone was a total pro. She was nice, helpful, and really tolerant of the fact that I was extremely dissatisfied. So, Kudos to her for her patience and professionalism in the face of this despicable system. The product however - is a scam. Now, as to Ticketmaster and Platinum Tickets: Though they are not allowed to sell tickets for these venues above the face value - somehow they have a magical supply of these 'platinum tickets' from a 'third party' available just days after all the good seats were sold out. So, somehow Ticketmaster has exclusive access to tickets that have never been sold before - and they are able to charge 2-10 times the retail price because supposedly these tickets are recently made available by the artist or event promoter.

I spent 3 hours on the phone with TM today (1.5 of which was on hold), and no one was able to tell me who the promoter was, who made these 'platinum tickets' available for sale, or exactly where the tickets came from. And, to top it off, one hour after I paid WAY too much for some of these rare and fancy 'platinum tickets' 20 more of these tickets became available for sale at a lower price. All front row, all equal distance from the stage, and now all cheaper than the ones I just bought. What just happened? Though I was able to come to a reasonable resolution - bear in mind that the official Ticketmaster policy for Platinum Tickets is: No Refunds. No Exchanges. No Cancellation Protection. No Transparency. No Kidding.

Somehow, Ticketmaster has turned their website into a resale portal and they are offering 'deals' on brand new tickets available from anonymous entities at an exorbitant rate. They long ago decided to join the "it's just business" folks who try to excuse their total lack of morals, decency, or social responsibility. So, the next time your favorite artist tries to offer their fans tickets for a fair and negotiated price, and on hour one of the public sale you can't buy tickets because they are all gone, please feel comforted by the fact that Ticketmaster does not care about music, fans, or people because, "it's just business".

And should you ever try to contact one of these platinum representatives, and the phone line is not giving you the busy signal, be prepared to wait a lonnnnng time. Ticketmaster only has about 4-5 phone reps in the office at any given time - and these 4-5 reps have the responsibility of handling all of the Platinum Ticket phone calls for the entirety of USA, Canada, and also parts of Europe. 4-5 phone reps to handle millions of customers?!? It's just business.

You have to watch Ticketmaster!!! They told me they was out of the $35.00 U2 tickets for St. Louis Mo and wouldn't get any more, so I just so happen to look and sure enough they have so many of them. It's not even funny!!! So I called. The lady wasn't very nice and put me on hold for 25 minutes..?? I WILL NEVER GO THROUGH TICKETMASTER AGAIN!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

On the first day... when tickets went on sale for Barcelona-Real Madrid game in Miami, there were NO tickets available OTHER THAN THE MOST EXPENSIVE seats (thousands of dollars). I purchased the cheapest 2 tickets available for almost 400 per ticket. Then a few days later they made available ALL THE TICKETS and were selling HALF the price. So they overcharge me $ 200 per ticket. When I called to get a partial refund to match the current official price... they just said no refunds or exchange. This is plain ROBBERY... be AWARE of their dishonest practices!!!

I'm not happy at all due to being a genuine fan of "The Weekend"... The tickets went on sale at 3pm and at 6pm after work I try to purchase a ticket and they are sold out due to the scalpers, and Ticketmaster quite happily say "we have a resale site you can purchase a ticket" which has jumped in price from 139.00 to anywhere from 175.00 up to 570.00 per tickets. It's absolutely disgusting. Where is the justice in this???? Those people have no intentions of going to this concert and are just out to make money off the celebrities and these ticketing places quite happily are allowing these idiots to do it. Plus there's another part you're only allowed tickets if you own an American Express card, now how many people do you know that own one of these cards???? The rich ticket scalpers???? Something needs to be done about this coz it is absolutely ridiculous that there isn't a law against these money making scammers.

I originally bought tickets for June 9th tickets to go see The Weeknd. It would have been my first concert ever for myself and I was beyond excited to get some back in early March. I go and select a ticket, I wanted to buy two but there were "resale" tickets? I had no idea what those were until after I bought them. I wanted to buy two seats in the same row. So, I thought, "Oh, it said I could buy one or three". So I bought one and it chose where I sat in the row? That's horrible. I go and try to buy another individual seat but they say, "Sorry! You can only buy tickets in pairs!" So I wanted to switch them for the individual to buy both seats and they said... "That's impossible, I'm sorry that's up to the reseller." So I'm already pissed off because that's sketchy, and they offered little help and they said, "We can't give you a refund. You have to sell your resale tickets! Sorry!"

How does this make any sense! (I'll explain further down what happened...) So I've already spent 200+ dollars on one ticket so far and I'm pretty upset that I can't get two, because my friend decided to ask to join me... but, anyways, I asked if I could get information about the reseller to see if he/she could open the tickets to selling individually and Ticketmaster told me once more, "Sorry! Can't do that or can't change it!" So. I gave up and decided to give in and sell my awful ticket at this point. I resell the resale ticket (this was already ridiculous), and there's an AGREEMENT! It says, "In order for you to sell your tickets you have to check mark this box just in case your buyer wants a refund on the event!" (Now this is stupid) - I could have easily gotten a refund from the resale ticket I bought it from unless it was impossible, being from a bot! But, I wouldn't know!

They refused to help me get a refund, yet expect to say yes to getting a refund taken out of MY account versus TM to pay up or the venue to refund the money to /That/ buyer! That's horrible! It should fall under an agreement after you sell the tickets you should be severed of this agreement where if the venue fails it is RESPONSIBILITY of TM to pay back! I put in my card information and agree to the awful checkmark, and then maybe a week later change my card information because this one "Was not a valid payment", thus I ended up with over 5 different emails telling me "I have to verify it", the card was completely valid, and had plenty of money on it, but... let's continue. I'm frustrated and honestly will never get another ticket with Ticketmaster after the phone tag I played with Ticketmaster to hear them tell me, "Your card information is VERIFIED".

Then I get another one telling me the information doesn't exist on the website after verifying it like it instructed in email. (The emails sent were not false email or viruses. I checked.) So, headache after headache, my tickets FINALLY sold, and more "unverified card" issues... I check and call them every few days since late May after my tickets initially sold. I call and I leave them my name, etc., information they would need in general. I call them back the next day and they say, "There's something wrong with our card information processor online, we're going to give you a call back when there's an update on your account. What's your phone number?" I give the number... it's been 5 days, no emails, no phone calls. I call them again, they say, "Oh we don't have a phone number in the system."

The last lady said they put it in and would call me back! I feel like she was listening to me and was careless and failed to put or write down my issue let alone my phone number to call me back! This lady actually put it in and told us an email would be sent too. A email gets sent saying the same thing, "It's still down we don't know when it will be back up." That's hilarious. It's been almost two weeks yet specifically when I want my money from a sold ticket it takes almost half a month just to get to a point where they actually verify my card or give me anything?? Anyways! I give them another call after getting an empty time. I get forwarded to resale in less than 2 minutes, I swear they knew I was going to call or already saw the amount of calls I've made in the last month.

It finally got to a point where I'm now waiting on my "micro deposit" but that'll take another 5 days. Then I verify that, then have to wait another 10 days... it takes so long to deposit yet they're a multimillion dollar company? It's horrible service and they're rather careless and don't care about the people trying to buy from them to constantly ruin it! It was the biggest headache I have had since April... It has taken forever to get my payment. I don't understand what failed on their part. It's taken so much of my time. Let's hope after adjusting my current information from my card to direct deposit that it happens... or it'll be more phone calls and email tagging, I just wish the system was simpler and more in and out rather than what I ran into...

Ticketmaster continues to try and resell tickets at higher than face value for concerts they perceive as being high demand. This often results in low attendance at concerts reported as "sold out", like Prince's last concert in Calgary. The amazing thing is, Ticketmaster lists the "resale" tickets on their official website. They've dispensed with the third party facades. That, friends, is ballsy.

So let me tell you a story. My wife and I went to see the 6/6/17 Roger Waters show at the Pepsi Center in Denver. We purchased Diamond V.I.P package. Well it was supposed to have a whole lot of extras. Nothing showed up for a while. Contacted the site to find out what happened. Got an email saying we will get a confirmation once they had some info. So today 3 weeks later a package came today opened it up and to my surprise I received 2 mugs. Really 2 mugs. No tour lithographs, no time capsule. WTF? My daughter could have made the same mugs and cost me a lot less. I truly hope no one else gets suckered by this deal. Thanks for listening.

I attempted to purchase tickets for a show after paying the horrendous processing fees and finalizing my purchase I noticed the date and venue were wrong. Fine honest mistake possibly clicked the wrong date or the site screwed up. Called to get the order refunded and they refused and were incredibly rude in the process. Told me "I guess you just have to sell them". That's gonna be a little hard when the tickets were for Minnesota and I'm in Washington.

I bought four tickets in November 2016 for a Coldplay concert taking place in July 2017. As the time was getting closer for the concert we realised that we wouldn't be able to travel from Greece to Paris for the concert due to difficulties of financing the whole trip. Since 15th of June I'm trying to contact through email the ticketmaster.fr (French Ticketmaster) where I bought the tickets from and I get no reply. The concert is getting closer and I'm about to lose the money I gave for the tickets. Their service is as bad as it gets! Don' t trust the French Ticketmaster site.

I bought presale Weekend Legend of the Fall 2017 tickets for the show in San Antonio accidentally. I thought I selected the concert in Houston. My card got charged $360, and I called customer support. The lady told me that the venue was not eligible for refund, which is total bs, what does that even mean not eligible. She said then to sell my ticket on a third party website. The tickets were unprintable until 3 days before the concert, so there's no way I can post them on any website, including TicketsNow, the official selling website of Ticketmaster! Last time I'm buying from Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster seem completely incompetent. After erroneously purchasing tickets for a concert in Monterey, CA for this Friday as opposed to Saturday, I contacted Ticketmaster via its chat function to be informed that while it would be possible to exchange the tickets I could only do so by calling Ticketmaster on Monday. After being placed on hold for almost 40 minutes the following Monday, the agent first informed that it would not be possible to buy tickets for the Saturday. Upon my insistence to speak to a supervisor, the same agent came back after another 10 minutes to correct her earlier incorrect statement, and assured me the tickets were transferred to Saturday. She also assured me that the electronic tickets will be forwarded with 20 minutes.

More than 4 hours later, I still had not received the email and called again. Again I was put on hold for almost 20 minutes, upon which the agent told me that the problem has been fixed and that I will receive my tickets in 20 minutes by email. Yet again, this did not happen. This morning, I called again. After another long holding period the agent (Giselle) told me that the previous two agents made a mistake with some setting and that this has been fixed. Again I was assured that an email with my electronic tickets will be sent by email. Another 3 hours later, and the email has not yet arrived. I decided to now cancel the tickets and will request AMEX to put a fraudulent block on the charges. DO NOT USE Ticketmaster. I will definitely never do so again. If it was possible, I would rate the service in the negative!

How do you justify a 33% surcharge on tickets??! Sorry... That is flat out stealing!!! You are EVERYTHING that is wrong with the side of the music industry that relies on fans to keep things going! This will be reported to the FCC... I don't have time to screw around... I have very large manufacturing customers and this is laughable. Have fun on the news!!! Flat out LAUGHABLE!!!

My experience with their customer service call center was the most dissatisfying experience I've ever dealt with. The WORST ever! On June 2nd, I went on their website and bought tickets for my daughter as a birthday gift to see a comedy show. I made the mistake of typing my email incorrectly. For days, I kept checking my email and never received the tickets. I checked my credit card and there was a charge. So on June 8th, I called their contact number to find out what's going on with my tickets (this was around 3:30 pm). The lady I spoke to verified my email and I realized it was incorrect (which was my mistake). She fixed it and told me to wait 15-20 minutes to get the tickets through my email. I waited 30 minutes and no email. Called back, a different representative I spoke to verified my email and tried emailing me again. I still didn't get my tickets. I called again. This time we decided to try a different email. I still didn't get my tickets.

This went on few times. Every time I called, the representatives said they resolved the issue and I should get an email w/ my tickets. It got to the point where I was on my 5th call over a 3 hour time frame of trying to resolve the issue and waiting for the email, I requested to speak to a supervisor. The representative kept trying to resolve the issue instead of getting a supervisor to talk to me. Then, he puts me on hold for several minutes (5-10 min), came back on the phone just to tell me that he's still trying to get a supervisor, and while waiting for the supervisor, he's trying to figure out how to fix the problem. Again, he puts me on hold and we get disconnected. I called the 6th time, another representative kept finding excuses not to let me talk to a supervisor, said she fixed the problem and guarantees that I will get my tickets through my email in 5 minutes.

We disputed for few minutes about what guarantee she was going to guarantee me if I don't get the email. She just kept saying that she fixed the problem and that she guarantees it. She waited with me on the phone and after 5 minutes, no email/tickets, so I requested for a supervisor immediately. She puts me on hold and several minutes later got disconnected. By now I am extremely frustrated and furious. The 7th call I made, I got disconnected again while I was put on hold for a supervisor. The 8th call (around 8:45 pm), I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold. After 15 minutes on hold, someone from the escalate department picks up to tell me that they will mail my tickets free of charge through UPS.

I got off the phone at 9:05 pm...still very dissatisfied about how poorly the situation was dealt with, the amount of time that I spent dealing with this issue, how the representative guarantees me, and how complicated it is to talk to a supervisor (which I never got to talk to). In addition, every time I called, I had to go through a process of providing my information to an automated teller before speaking to a representative and every time was a different representative, which I had to repeat myself and explain the whole situation. This is the first time I had ever wanted to complain and write a review about a horrific experience.

I had gotten the pre-sale code from the artist's website so I purchased via their site to get to Ticketmaster. I was going for what I knew to be best as VIP. As I saw the VIP seats offered, I saw listed Platinum Seats for about 35% more, at least. As you know you have a timer going on your current seat offer. So, I went for the Platinum as these were Christmas gifts and I figured this would be like VIP + better seats.

A few days before the concert, my daughter asked what exactly she got for Platinum. I told her what I 'had thought' but yes, I had forgotten about verifying what perks she would get. So Google of course and it says that these are considered Best Seats in the House thus the higher cost. It listed no perks like shirts at discount, anything!! Something!! Marked it up to duh mom and lesson learned. When she got to the venue with her friend for the concert, they were asking her what were Platinum seats. She told them all we knew. The lady being very kind checked and nope she wasn't on a VIP list nor was I as the purchaser.

A couple of employees kept saying for sure you get something at that price. I tried to call TM in the meantime and it was Sunday evening. Of course nobody is working. Seriously, why would there be? So I told her just enjoy the seats and I was sorry. She had known prior that there were no perks, it was the venue employees that were determined she MUST get something. But no.

During the concert she and her friend chatted with some people in the seats in front of them. They were VIP seats and they had gotten something from the Band, a piece of art I believe she said. AND, the kicker, their tickets were substantially cheaper. But yet I had bought Best Seats in the House section. One row diff to see the band was nothing. I'm saying I paid, for 2 tickets over $120 more total than the folks in front and NO perks. Now, what's wrong with this picture.

Since then I have Googled again and saw people totally angry about their Platinum seats' costs with similar complaints. Many just said it was just a way for TM to get more money out of people. LIKE ME!! LOL. How is it feasible to sell Platinum for much more, seats in front of them cheaper? I don't know what I expect to happen here but it's just flat out a price hike that is seriously without any factual incentive to purchase them. Best seats imply at least from your row forward are the top of the line, cream of the crop. But nooo!!

It's very late and I can only hope I am making sense with little sleep last night. I think they should stop this ridiculous gouging of customers, or include VIP perks along with the Platinum price. Basically I feel Ticketmaster gouged us prob for seats that would have been VIP for less money but I fell for the Platinum which sounded like an UPGRADE! But ended up being an extra $120ish bucks more to them for nothing!

I thank you for at least letting me sound off. I do know my daughter loved the concert and her seats. She like me, feels badly I spent that much more for the seats. This is not something I would normally do, but yep, I did it this time. I hope you can make some sense out of all this dialogue. I can't tell a short story!!! It's embedded in my genes. I'm originally from the South!! :)

***
Note to approvers:

Review already posted on https://us.eventbu.com/oakland/roger-waters-live-in-oakland-ca/1620694.amp

***

First let me say I have been a Pink Floyd / Roger Waters Fan for 40+ years. Seen Floyd twice, Gilmore solo once, Roger five times. Tulsa show was great except, 1. bought VIP package, did not get any VIP at the arena. No Early entry. No swag that was promised. No Lanyards, ect.... To make things worse, I just got back home to Little Rock and found the T-shirt I bought during the stampede at the table was not the one I asked & paid for. I asked for the "US & THEM" shirt with the two outstretched hands but got some BS crap shirt that my four yr old could have copied and pasted. Wow. I know Roger can't oversee everything but, when you pay in advance for "VIP", Early Entry so you don't have to fight the crowd.... Maybe this mistake would not have happened. "Now What, Now What, Now What". I've already gone home & left the show. Have been taken, taken taken..... Or will someone from Rogers entourage reach out and make this right?
EMERALD PACKAGE
One Amazing Top Price Reserved Floor Ticket in the First Ten (10) Rows *
Limited Edition Set of Us + Them Tour Lithographs
Limited Edition Set of Tour Lithographs Designed Exclusively by Roger Waters
Each Special Set Hand Numbered & Comes with an Official Certificate of Authenticity
Exclusive On-Site VIP Perks (Diamond & Emerald Packages Only)
VIP Preferred Parking (One Parking Pass Per Order) **
Separate VIP Entrance **
The Roger Waters Time Capsule (Diamond & Emerald Packages Only)
Time Capsule Designed Exclusively for VIP Package Purchasers
Includes a Timeless Collection of Roger Waters VIP Themed Merchandise
Each Time Capsule Contains a Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard.
Will Ticketmaster step up and contact me.

Why does this post keep diapering?

I purchased a $315.00 concert ticket and gave it to my son as a graduation present. My son lost his ticket. We tried to have it replaced. Ticketmaster would not do it. They also would not give me a refund or future credit. They kept my $315.00. Do not use them. They are thieves.

Adding my one-star rating to this embarrassingly long list of one-star reviews. I would have given zero if it was an option. If you need to contact customer service for any reason, be prepared to wait about three weeks for a response, regardless of how many times you email or how many times you call to sit on hold for hours. After 12 emails, 4 calls, and many headaches, I finally received a response apologizing for the extended wait time, but without even addressing my initial inquiry! Their customer support is an oxymoron and an absolute joke. Ticketmaster has zero regard or respect for their customers. I will avoid purchasing anything from them in the future as nothing is worth this stress and headache. They should be ashamed of themselves.

When ordering tickets for a concert yesterday, I selected my tickets and was taken through the usual ticketing and payment process, only to be told at the end that my tickets were no longer available. I was asked to then reselect my tickets, which I did, and this time the order went through. ONLY to find that the first order had indeed gone through and I had now been charged for 2 sets of tickets! I called them to get a refund for the tickets processed in error on their part, only to be told that there was nothing they could do and I had to resell the tickets!

When I spoke to JONATHON in the ESCALATIONS department, he admitted to me that their system is NOT WITHOUT ERRORS!! But still would not refund my $260!! I think that if they are aware that their system has errors, then they should have a refund process in place for tickets that are indeed issued in error. I am so cross and disgusted at their customer service and that how this has now become MY problem in trying to get some of my money back by selling them myself! People PLEASE read reviews on this ticketing site before ordering tickets through them, and heed the warnings!

Online purchased 2 tickets to any one day 1st weekend of NOLA Jazz Fest 2017. Stood 3rd and 4th persons in line of event on 1st day of event before gate opening (for the day). Upon ticket scans, we were told both tickets were prior scanned. Huh, how is that possible, we're the 3rd and 4th people trying to get in and this is the first day. They didn't have an answer at the event. They refused our entrance. Ticketmaster phone line was not answered for 2.5 days. There was no fixing the problem.

Upon Monday 9 am reach of Ticketmaster, we were declined refund with TM telling us because our tickets showed scanned and event had passed, they wouldn't do anything for us; in effect screwing us of $186.00. Ticketmaster refused under appeal to issue refunds... just cheerfully told us to rot in hell and be happy to purchase future event seats from them; the BALLS!!! DO NOT USE Ticketmaster. They take too much of your sale price and are unfair to buyers, literally cheating whomever they can wherever and whenever they can.

Purchasing Ed Sheeran tickets. Having prepared in advance for the commencement of pre sale tickets for a concert, and trying multiple times (probably in the hundreds!) to refresh and log on, and staying in my electronic queue I was still unsuccessful in securing ANY tickets for my 8 year old son!! So in turn I had to turn to another website (viagogo) to purchase and be only able to afford 2, instead three for well over inflated price of just under $1000...

Very, very unhappy with Ticketmaster. Let's start with fees, handling fee really, inconvenience fee even crazier than venue fees. Have you heard this 1 before? The promoters aren't allowing refunds. Or we can contact the venue but they're not guaranteeing refunds. But Ticketmaster is the 1 that sold you your tickets. The venue has no say. They're rude and such liars. They also own the "TicketsNow" site (I believe). Not positive but heard that. Which is a secondary market for their tickets to sell at a greater rate. They do (pre-sales) and only give the codes to ticket brokers who scoop up all the best seats and sell them on Ticketmaster site. I'm so sick of their rude, lying, fee grabbing practices. Anyone else having issues with them as well?

I had purchased two pairs (4 ticket total) for platinum seats for the weekend in Sunrise, FL. I paid a premium non-refundable ticket price which was OK considering I was sitting row 1. After an updated layout of the concert, there is a middle part of the stage where the artist walks down to perform. So this row 1 seat is now almost more like a row 40 and I will be looking at his back most of the show. They wouldn't exchange my seat or refund me or even provide me access to the VIP lounge with free drinks (which I could have purchased for half the price and a much better seat for the show). $2300 for "platinum" tickets that are not even close to the set...

Disclaimer - Jazzfest tickets: $70 online or $80 at the door. Reality - Jazzfest tickets: $94.20 online or $80 at the door. I purchased a ticket online at Ticketmaster.com for an event. I was unable to print the tickets. "You will not receive paper tickets for this event. Log in to our website or app on your smartphone to view your mobile ticket." I installed the app on my phone and logged in and noticed that the event was immediately listed under "Past Events". The ticket was "ANY ONE DAY" between Thu and Sun. This was Saturday morning. I noticed that I was indeed able to view tickets I have purchased of other upcoming events. But this particular ticket was inaccessible.

I went online twice to chat with representatives to resolve this. One told me, "The best I can do would be for me to set these for will call for you." I went to the event - went to Will Call. No tickets. I showed them my receipt and explained that I can't get to my tickets and they said that wasn't something that they can allow me entry with. So I purchased another ticket at the door for $80 (incidentally over $14 cheaper)!! I tried to dispute this with my Amex. Apparently they have an interesting relationship with Ticketmaster where you cannot easily file disputes with them. I don't have the exact message to copy/paste because I've been logged out since I attempted to dispute online, but it was something resembling, "Ticketmaster has very strenuous dispute regulations and you will need to reach out to Ticketmaster directly in order to resolve this."

I called Ticketmaster and spoke with someone and got a semi-unhelpful response of, "I'll submit this for you to see if they'll resolve it, but it may not be possible." I will update when the outcome has come to fruition. But even if they refund me 100%, this is still incredibly awful. How does this company get away with these illegal acts?

I went online 10 minutes before Pentatonix concert presale tickets were supposed to go on sale. I waited the countdown and selected tickets only to have the tickets I received not be the ones I selected. The tickets I received were in another section. When I tried to exchange them the section I selected was sold out and Ticketmaster wanted an extra $5 a ticket to exchange the seating. Ticketmaster already receives a convenience fee that is usually over $12 a seat.

My 15 yr old daughter will turn 16 in a few weeks. The ONLY thing she wanted was to go to a concert. We weren't keen on it but we knew someone (that we knew) was going with her. Fast forward to getting the tickets she had them in her cart at Ticketmaster and when my husband entered his credit card information the site crashed our browser and a message popped up saying that "ALL THE TICKETS FOR THIS VENUE HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT". My daughter freaked out and was hysterical (yes, she is a little dramatic).

Well she had been planning to go and was really excited so... my husband looked in his email and a message said that THE TICKETS WERE STILL IN HIS CART. Thinking that he DID NOT buy the tickets he went to another site and bought the tickets online. I checked our credit card and at that point NO CHARGES had been applied. He called Ticketmaster only for them to say "that this is out of their hands because they are just an intermediary and ONLY resell tickets and it wasn't their fault the site crashed... if we had done this on our their mobile phone they could track the crash but since we did it on the computer they had no way of tracking it". That was the first time we spoke to them.

And those notices about the tickets still being in your cart "will come even if you bought the tickets that message is always generated" though ODDLY WE DO NOT RECEIVE THOSE MESSAGES anymore after they said THEY WOULD NOT REFUND our $230 (which is now $460 because of buying the tickets from another site). They transferred my husband to another associate of TICKETMASTER who said she could file a complaint (yeah right). Our credit card company said we were welcome to file a complaint. "They COULD NOT stop a pending charge from occurring". The insult to injury part is where they added you can always "try to sell those tickets on OUR SITE though we do add a $17.16 upcharge per ticket which is a handling charge!!" WHY? why is Ticketmaster still in business?

I purchased six tickets to Joe Bonamassa at the MPAC today. When I reviewed my receipt I discovered that two of the six tickets were over twice the price of the others. When I contacted Ticketmaster about the confusion and asked if I could get six tickets together that were all the same price they said the two tickets were platinum and were not refundable. How can two tickets in the middle of six on the same row be special and why are they nonrefundable but the others are. This will be my last purchase from Ticketmaster.

Tickets go on sale on 4/21 at 10am! Yeah right. Watched the clock, refreshed at 10am on the dot, only tickets available were between $200-515. On the band's (Gorillaz) FB page, another fan wrote that he was able to get a ticket YESTERDAY with a presale code. What is the point of sending purchasers to your website on ticket sale day if you also send people there a day earlier with a presale code?? Why hasn't Ticketmaster been held accountable for these horrible practices?

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.
  • Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.
  • Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.
  • Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.
  • Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.
  • Best for Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Compare Ticket Websites