3.3/5 (868 ratings)

About Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: June 24, 2022

My wife just bought 2 $59 tickets (block 500, nose bleeds) for Manchester City game at NRG on 20th July. Ticketmaster charged her credit card $566. We contacted them and they told us to resell them but at 5 x face value rip off, there's no chance of that. They couldn't sell them at $59! NEVER buy your tickets from Ticketmaster, they are dishonest, unethical and mercenaries. How they get a 2.3 rating is beyond me, they're not even worth a zero. Hope my rating reduces this further.

Original review: June 21, 2022

The fact that there is no contact by phone for customer service is infuriating. This company didn’t take into account delays from COVID and refused to appropriately handle my grievance for over a year. June 2020 concert was cancelled, understandable but my money should’ve been refunded immediately when the 2021 concert was cancelled. Instead I went 7 months trying to work through emails with customer service to get my money back, each time being told it’s being review and give 30 days to see refund in my bank, I did this 3 times before one agent decided to tell me I couldn’t get refund bc my tickets were held by someone else who transferred to me (I did not opt to buy from another person, I was sent to TicketMaster from LiveNation to purchase lawn seats) and they received the refund. There’s no way to contact the original ticket holder through the site and they don’t give you a contact info for them.

2022 rolls around and I get a code to use for presale of the 2022 Halsey concert and I missed the presale but code wouldn’t work for concert anyway! Contacted customer support again and took a week to get an email back to which the rep says they can’t locate my original ticket and I need to look for email around the date I got the original tickets back in 2020 and go to that vendor source. It’s LiveNation! When I request customer support on LiveNation for tickets it automatically redirects me to TicketMaster’s website. They take no responsibility beyond selling of a ticket regardless of show cancellation. I’m out of money and out of time with bank as well, which I waited because the concert was rescheduled within a year then cancelled again and it was too late to dispute charge with bank by then.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Ticketmaster is trash. I clicked a link for a show I wanted to go to and well it ended up not being that show which is ** and I didn’t know it until it was too late and I can’t refund my tickets but I can resell under value. Traaaaaash. Pure trash. I will not buy through you guys anymore.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Foo Fighters/Taylor Hawkins Tribute Tickets. All these wonderful companies/scalpers that come in and buy up all of the tickets so that they can sell them at outrageous prices!!! You should be ashamed of yourselves. I hope no one buys your ridiculously priced at $500-$3000!! This is not honoring Taylor Hawkins at all!!

Original review: June 16, 2022

I sold tickets for an event. Ticketmaster held the money for months. The show finally went off and I started getting emails from them saying there's a problem with my Credit Card information. I have deleted the cards 3 times and re-entered them 3 times. I have gotten 7 emails saying they're trying to pay but there's problems with my Cards. I contacted them through the virtual assistant, which is useless, and they said they'd respond between 24-48 hours. Shocking, they never responded. I replied to their emails, NO RESPONSE. They know they're the only game in town and don't care to improve their horrible/non-existent customer service.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I purchased 4 tickets to the Monster Jam World Finals in Orlando Florida. My one son ended up being sick so he wasn't able to go with us. I got on Ticket Master to re-sale his ticket and it sold. I was so relieved to have some of my money back as the tickets were expensive. It's been a month now and I still haven't received my refund. I cannot find anywhere (ie phone number, email address, chat) to contact them about it. After getting super frustrated, I wondered if anyone else has had the same problem so I googled Ticket Master reviews and guess what I found?! Upwards of 1,000 complaints for the same reason. I can't believe they are still in business. I think I will look into a class action law suit and see if any of us can reclaim our money. So disappointing. Go elsewhere to purchase tickets people! Don't risk it! They are making huge profits off all us suckers!

Original review: June 13, 2022

In 2021, when things were starting to open again, I purchase really good tickets for a concert happening in 2022. When the date was getting closer I realized it was my daughter's birthday party so I decided to re-sell them on Ticketmaster. They emailed me that they sold a week prior to the event and I was thrilled. Then they emailed me with instructions to set up my bank account to receive the payment, then again to set up my tax ID to declare the earnings...so many steps. 3 weeks after the event I realized that I did not receive my payment and contacted them via chat (which is usually replied hours later by email) which is the only way you can get in touch with them.

I spend DAYs going back to the chat because their agent would tell me that my tickets were not sold and that the event expired, and he would not give me any more info. But when you went to my account on their site it said they were SOLD and that I would get paid 7-10 days after the event. The agent's replies were scripted, repeated, and limited. I finally get him to escalate my request, only to get somebody else to inform me that my tickets were sold but then refunded to the buyer, so I could have used those tickets but since they failed to inform me, I was left with no ticket and no money. Nobody apologized for this action and they didn't; even acknowledge the issue - because if they did, they would have to refund ME for what I originally paid for those tickets.

This was the worst consumer experience I've ever had and it's really disappointing because I've been purchasing tickets from them since I was a teen. To me, they sold the tickets and kept the earnings and they are probably doing this to many other poeple and since they don't have no entity to control them, they get away with it.

Original review: June 10, 2022

The performances of the concert I purchased canceled. Ticketmaster is not refunding my money and they’ve made it impossible to reach them. Please do not use them. They’re wipe off artist. The concert I paid for Coldplay scheduled for the SoFi Stadium 5-26-22.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I’ve tried everything under the sun, clears my cache and history. Tried different cards and PayPal, used the app and my computer. Used my carrier data. Keep getting error. Call a number that’s dead help.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I purchased KISS tickets for Hartford Connecticut on February 9, 2020. The original date of the show was in August 2020 and was postponed until May 14, 2022. The concert happened, and I am yet to be paid for my sold tickets. I have all the information submitted in Ticketmaster for payment and they still have not paid me. It is a scam and they should be held legally responsible for holding money that does not belong them.

Ticketmaster author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

Ticketmaster Company Information