Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.07/5

1219 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I wish I could give you NO stars. I sold my tickets to Rent for August 7th in Houston Texas on July 1, 2019. Because I had never resold tickets I called to have some questions answered. I spoke with a young man who explained my funds would be deposited in my account within 7 days and I had to have a credit card on file in case the event was cancelled or postponed so Ticketmaster could refund the buyer. After 7 days I contacted Ticketmaster again to inquire about my funds. I was told at that time that my tickets were posted for sale by the bar code and the money would not be placed in my account until after the event. I explained I had no choice but to place them by bar code since that was the only option I had and asked why the previous operator didn't express that. At that time I was quite angry because I felt the lack of professionalism from both CSR's was lacking.

Around August 1st I realized I hadn't changed my banking information to receive my funds since that account I set up when I listed the tickets is no longer open. I contacted your company again, spoke with another rude CSR who didn't know company policy to confirm I had set up my debit card correctly. She stated it was and rushed me off the phone. On July 9th to check the status of my funds. I was told by the CSR that I would have to wait 48 hours after the event to receive my money. She then stated she would expedite the payment onto my card and I should see the deposit by 08/12/2019.

On 08/12/2019 I contacted Ticketmaster yet again, talked to another rude CSR who basically threw the CSR I spoke with on the 9th and stated she couldn't expedite my payment and I had to wait an additional 7 days to get my money. At this point I am angry, everyone has benefited from the sale of my ticket but me, the buyer has attended the event, Ticketmaster has made money from both of us and I have nothing. I have been talked to like trash from your CSR's and not one of them knew company policies as I got contradicting information each time I called. It's disheartening to know Ticketmaster who touts themselves as the premiere event ticket seller has horrible customer service and practices. Once the event ended I should have had my money, I the seller shouldn't have to be the one hurting in the process.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I was all ready for the sale and was using my brand new phone, only to have the site bump me out of the waiting room and tell me to use a different device to purchase. I ended up using my 6 yr old tablet but by then all the good seats were taken. AND the site would NOT let me buy just one. I had to buy TWO tickets for the transaction to be completed.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

wasted time. This experience with "fan service" was the worst experience with a corporation I've ever had and that's a really low bar when it comes to the worst businesses in existence are "big" anything (pharma, agriculture, oil, etc). They force me to listen to the phoniest sugary, canned female voice that annoys me until I can get the machine to shut up and get me on my way to a real humanoid when I'm told it's going to be a 15 minute wait. Then they want to know if I want to rate that representative once I talk to her/him. Well, I'd rather have the chance to rate the company from the start of me trying to find a phone number to talk to somebody real until I get the nasty human I wind up with who can't answer my question anyway. This is the price of allowing monopolies.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Avoid Ticketmaster by all means, it's a scam. There was NO mention of seat's height restriction until I received the email confirmation. Since I'm taking two kids to the show, I emailed them right away as it says on the website that they have a 24 hour refund "Guarantee"! Then I received a response reading "We understand that plans can sometimes change, however as your booking was made more than 24 hours ago, unfortunately we wouldn’t be in a position to offer a refund or exchange"!

First of all I had explained that the reason was not change of plans but TICKETMASTER NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION ABOUT SEAT RESTRICTIONS AND ONLY PROVIDING IT IN THE PURCHASE CONFIRMATION EMAIL. And also my refund request was within the 24 hour policy. I replied to this email and submitted the request again on the website and I received exact same responses, meaning this is just an automatic response with no actual human customer service. Now I'm stuck with three tickets and even I am below the height limit, let alone the kids. Dishonest business.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I bought a ticket that was supposed to have To have VIP Benefits, yet come the day of the show they would not honor it. I opened a dispute with my bank regarding the charge. Ticketmaster please fix this!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

After this concert I am done with shows run by Ticketmaster. I have never seen such bs when using tickets.. I bought 2 for a concert but they can only be used off my phone. I figured I could download the barcode to my screen in a shortcut, bring it up at the gate and go.. No no no, you have to download it to another app (unless you have a signal and log into Ticketmaster find the ticket and open it there) which I didn't install originally because I didn't want it. Then for my wife's ticket I transferred it to her phone but she has to have a Ticketmaster account to open and use it instead of it just opening in the message or with a link without the hassle.. Now that I transferred it to her it is now invalid on my phone. What a bunch of bs.. Guess Ticketmaster doesn't realize how it is ruining going to concerts. I'm just done with them.

Original review: July 24, 2019

Horrible ticket buying experience and mafia style ticket fees added to the last page before checkout. If only they hadn't been allowed to buy Live Nation and have a monopoly over ticket sells. I've wasted hours on their website trying to buy tickets.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I purchased VIP seats for Heart which included 2 T-shirts. The concert is over, and I haven’t received the shirts yet! Also, their customer support is awful. I tried to get ahold of someone who could upgrade to a meet and greet package with no luck. We go to many concerts, and I will never use them again.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Ticketmaster and Blue Man Group Chicago offer a free Centennial Wheel ticket (ferris wheel at Navy Pier) with every Blue Man Group ticket purchased.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/a6iiq8#_ga=2.202364113.1138071784.1563818134-874571992.1563818134. I entered the code WHEEL when I placed my order. No extra tickets. After 35+ minutes with live chat, there was nothing to help me. Allejandro asked if I wanted to speak to someone "higher up". I said yes and he said, "Someone is calling you now." No call. This is very deceitful on the part of Ticketmaster and Blue Man Group.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Purchased two picnic tables at Saratoga for family event, including elderly parent in wheelchair. 12 tickets total. Visited track and table purchased not accessible for wheelchair. NYRA happy to move to table that makes sense. TM would not waive $10 per ticket fee to do so ($120 in total), and refused to accommodate disabled. Do NOT work with TM if you can avoid. Simple solution refused to be implemented.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs