2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Ticketmaster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: May 9, 2021

Ask you if you want to protect your ticket. If you say yes the cost does not change. In fact it never changes until after you have paid and purchased the tickets. At the very bottom of the confirmation email they inconspicuously let you know you'll be charged extra through the insurance company.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Worst ever company to deal with. No contact phone number any more for issues. Only option is to put in request online and then wait. Takes days, even more than week to get reply. Always come back with request for more info. Refunds takes weeks. Absolutely shocking customer service. Can almost never pick a specific seat you want, have to take what they give you. Cannot believe we are stuck in Australia with such a miserable excuse for a ticket booking company. Kids in primary school selling tickets for a school play do a better job. How can we get rid of Ticketmaster, surely we deserve better in Australia?

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I purchased tickets in October of 2019 for a concert in March 2020. At the time of purchase, their policy was to offer refunds for rescheduled or canceled shows. When March 2020 arrived, covid was in full effect and the concert was rescheduled for Nov 2020. I called for a refund and was told by the agent it was approved but can take up to 30 days. After the 30 days had past, still no refund. The first agent told me the show had not been canceled and it was my own fault I missed it. I asked for a supervisor who informed me the show had indeed been rescheduled, but she went on to essentially tell me that I was an idiot for thinking I could get a refund (even after the original agent a month earlier told me that) because their policy was only to refund cancelled events.

After the supervisor berated me and hung up, I looked up the policy and found in March 2020 it had been amended; and all changes were retroactive to the time I purchased the tickets! They can't be trusted at all if they can retroactively alter the contract you agree to at the time of purchase!! Well, Nov 2020 came and the event was again rescheduled for March 2021.

In the meantime, my beautiful wife who I intended to see the concert with, passed in January 2021. I thought I might just go to the concert alone in honor of her, but it was then again rescheduled. This time for Oct 2021. In the meantime, I will be moving as a result of the loss of my spouse. I won't even reside in the state anymore! Wasted money and the contractual guarantee is worthless being they can retroactively amend it and screws their customers. Therefore, I highly recommend purchasing event tickets from a reputable local dealer. Ticketmaster is run by thieves and they can go screw themselves. Never again will I give this shameful company even a dollar. Low-life opportunists taking advantage of a national pandemic to line their pockets. I HATE Ticketmaster!!!

Original review: May 6, 2021

I was in the queue to purchase Garth Brooks tickets for an hour. When I was getting to the end of the queue and be directed to select my seats the website kicked me out of place and started me in the queue all over again. Of course by that time tickets were sold out.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I ordered tickets through Ticketmaster for baseball games (Seattle Mariners) and I accidentally ordered two tickets to the same game twice and I immediately emailed them with my order number asking for a refund for the order. The response I got back was that "they didn't see that order" and played dumb with me like they didn't know what I was talking about. I tried using their "Chat" service since their customer service via phone is down because of Covid-19 and the lady in the chat did the same thing and acted like she couldn't see which order I was referring to even though when I log in I can see the orders plain as day. I gave up with them and hopefully I can find someone I know to buy the tickets off me otherwise I'm out a hundred bucks. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. They play dumb, and play little games to avoid having to reimburse you at all costs.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I bought tickets to a baseball game for me and wife anniversary and was told We not allowed in cause we not vaccinated for the COVID. Email Ticketmaster for two weeks, just for them to say, "Sorry we can’t help!???"

Original review: April 22, 2021

Long story short, I had fraudulent charges from Ticketmaster. Using the chat, a rep said to contact my bank, change my password, and then ended the chat. Nothing else. I'm out my money, my card, & investigating ID theft. Thanks for nothing Ticketmaster. Be aware!!

Original review: April 16, 2021

Attempting to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster is the worst experience I have had in a very long time. I have tried using 2 different browsers, clearing cache, etc, 3 different payment methods, and tried ordering using their app on my phone. EVERY single attempt gives the exact same failure message (U103). Any and every attempt to find a way to contact them is a joke. The toll free number that pops up with the failed purchase attempt leaves you in "your call is very important" Hell for over 30 minutes. Their FAQ points out where to find 'contact us' information on their web pages that are non-existent. I can't even say it is the worst ticket purchasing experience in my life because I have yet to complete a ticket purchase.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I purchased tickets more than a year ago for a concert that has been postponed only to find out that I’m not entitled to a refund because of a Time frame they put on a refund that I was never contacted about. Can not talk to anybody because they don’t allow that to happen because obviously they are there to take your money and keep it if you don’t stay on top of them. Obviously they don’t watch the news. There is a pandemic happening and they are out to take as much money as they can without making any refund to support their company to make sure they stay in business to take more people’s money heck of a way to run a company. But from the reviews it’s not just me!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I can't imagine designing a more user unfriendly way to buy tickets. I have paid for tickets and am trying to take delivery and Ticketmaster wants me to reset my password before accepting the tickets. It then continues to loop on the reset code and the login page saying the code is invalid. I cannot understand why this company is still in business. They must pay bribes to these teams.

Ticketmaster author review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team