Ticketmaster

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased tickets to a show several months prior. The week before the show I was sent the first notification that one of the seats had an "obstructed view." This was never mentioned at any point during the purchasing process. I emailed Ticketmaster upon receiving that email, but never heard anything back. They then contacted me several days after the event and apologized that there was nothing that they could do since the event had passed.

I was able to prove that I attempted to reach out as soon as I was notified about the obstructed view, which was a week before the event. They still said there was nothing that they could do. Not only could they not offer me any sort of discount or incentive to make up for any of the inconvenience, they offered no form of assistance whatsoever. Quite the opposite, actually. Every reply they came back with was that they had confirmed something that was, in fact, INCORRECT. I was able to prove differently, therefore their rebuttal was simply that there was nothing they could do. Very frustrating! Zero customer service!

I purchased tickets for a family event of 6! When I got to the venue and went through security to scan our tickets they told me that this was for night before. I went to the counter and told the women what happened. I explained that "Even though the tickets were not scanned/used you couldn't just put us in seats that were not taken yet." She rudely, said, "No, but I can sell you tickets." After discussing with the group we said we would just buy tickets. After wasting 2 hours of driving and the tickets to then be sold out, I had a rough ride home with very upset children. After waiting 3 days to hear back for customer service they said they couldn't do anything. I have had an account with them for over 3 years, and they couldn't even credit me, knowing that I use them to buy tickets at least 8 times a year. Never mind a refund. Never again will I use Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster is horrible. They overcharge for tickets. Also the show I purchased a ticket for was cancelled. I phoned about a refund and the rep asked if I wanted a refund. Seems like a ridiculous question since the show was not being rescheduled. Of course I would want a refund. Also there are times when the fee they charge is more expensive than the actual ticket. I would not do business with Ticketmaster at all but sometimes there is no option. :( :( :(

I found a Live Nation pre-sale password for King Crimson at Massey Hall, Toronto and took the day off work to assure I'd get a decent pair of seats. Or so I thought. I Sat refreshing the screen for most of the day, watching each pair of prime, clicked-upon seats I reserved on the venue map disappear as the software refused to complete every transaction. (FYI: I have every combination of CAPTCHA verification images memorized now after viewing them multiple times throughout the day). Even "Find Seats for Me" without the map would not complete the requests.

By mid-afternoon I gave up refreshing and ordered by phone. Ticketmaster's voice recognition robot (not a human being as I'd hoped) offered me seats that were as far away from the band as you could get without actually standing outside the venue. Ticketmaster's antiquated software obviously can't handle the onslaught of scalper-bots for even an obscure, non-mainstream band like Crimson. "Limiting" tickets to 8 per buyer is a joke! The scalper-bots obviously scooped them up by the fistful and they started to appear online at StubHub within the first hour of sale for 2-5 times face value. I guess when you have a monopoly and a backroom deal with a resale service, you really don't have to give a damn. BUT: This has to stop.

Limit sales to pairs of seats, period. (At least it will make life difficult for professional resellers.) Update the pathetically inadequate, antiquated software to handle demand. Hire real human beings to answer the phone. Purchasers can only pick up tickets on the day of the event at the venue box office with ID proof that they are the purchaser. How difficult is that to allow true fans the opportunity to see their band or team at the fair retail price? Ticketmaster has successfully killed my desire to even attempt buying concert tickets again, and this is from someone who has been attending concerts since 1972. Nice job.

I had been looking forward to placing a presale order for Ed Sheeran tickets since last Wednesday (today is Monday). I signed on with my presale code and was all logged in a half hour prior to the event even starting, and I watched the timer clock countdown with bated breath. Finally it was time to purchase my tickets. I had resigned myself to buying the first set of tickets that came up, no matter where the seats were because I wanted to go that badly. I chose my section, input my credit card information, and waited for my confirmation page. The next screen was a blank white screen, save for the "By proceeding, you accept our terms and conditions" at the bottom of the page. There were, of course, no buttons to proceed, however the title of the page in the URL clearly said "Confirmation Page." I never received an email confirming my order, and it didn't show up in my account.

I tried just placing another order but, of course, now the pre-sale tickets were all sold out - in less than five minutes. I gave it a few minutes, figuring there might have been a delay, especially considering the craziness that probably accompanies an Ed Sheeran pre-sale, but after a half hour of double-checking, I decided to call. After over a half hour of waiting on hold, someone finally answered. She double-checked my credit card number that I used to place the order, the phone number I used for the order, and my email address. Nothing pulled up any orders of any sort. My card was never charged - there was never even an authorization submitted to request the charge from my credit card company.

And, on top of all of that, the customer service rep said that maybe it was my fault, that I had too many tabs open (four), that I input the card number wrong (nope), or that there were just too many people placing an order at the same time (shouldn't you be holding my seats and section for me specifically?). The best she could suggest was that I try again with the general public sale at the end of the week. Great. Crappier tickets for double the price. I had heard that Ticketmaster went down the toilet since that class-action lawsuit was won against them, but this just confirms it. This was supposed to be a gift for my birthday from my husband, and now all it is is a disappointment. Thanks for nothing, Ticketmaster.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Bought tickets through automated service and wanted them mailed to me. Never received them in mail, no notification from Ticketmaster. Finally phoned after sitting on hold for an hour. They said I should've received a call because the automated service didn't get my address right. Never did receive a call or email. Then told me they would be emailed to me 24 hours before the event. Never received an email with tickets. The day of event had to sit on hold for an hour and 20 minutes. Then finally got the email with tickets. There should not be this frustrating process over tickets. The system was more efficient in the 1980s!! Get it together!!

I am not referring to ripping off tickets from a roll like at a booking office, but the excess charges endorsed by Ticketmaster. In June, there is an event which I could book for two of us directly with a small charge (£45 plus £2.50 each) without touching Ticketmaster if we were to be in the crowds; but my partner being slightly disabled would require a seat and I have looked at purchasing a more expensive ticket but these tickets were only available via Ticketmaster. The extra charges endorsed by Ticketmaster are nothing short of greed. The ticket will cost £155 plus £15 booking fee. It doesn't cost £15 to process a ticket so as my partner won’t be able to stand I am not paying this rip-off ticket handling charge (£30 for processing two tickets). Unfortunately I am going to have to disappoint my partner as she knows I will not be ripped off by greedy organizations, and Ticketmaster I want to avoid even if it means missing the event.

Ticketmaster is terrible. Tickets that are in high demand are often purchased in bulk by greedy people trying to make a quick buck only to resell them online for triple the price. It is beyond me to think that Ticketmaster doesn't protect consumer's best interest. Quite frankly I think it's suspicious that every time tickets go on sale, they sell out almost immediately, and are resold. This isn't fair to the artists who put tickets on sale at a set price, only for true fans to spend inordinate amounts of money to go see a show. I wish there was an alternative to Ticketmaster, unfortunately they have a monopoly.

Bought 2 "Platinum" tickets for Lukas Graham in NYC January 2017, $95/ticket. It said GA, had row# and seat#. GA tickets without row and seat# were offered at $35/ticket. When arriving at the concert, it turned out that there were no seats. Only standing on the floor. I showed the tickets with the seat# to the controllers, who said such seats were not there? The folks around us had paid $35 for their tickets. I emailed support/Help at once. No answer.

After the concert I've emailed back and forth with Customer support and Ticket exchange to try to get at least the $60/ticket reimbursed, as I didn't get any Platinum treatment. Their answer is "that's not our policy". I've also tried to get an explanation of what the "Platinum" buys? They haven't answered that. So I feel like I've been scammed for at least $ 120, which I paid more than the folks around me. I really don't get that you are allowed to sell seats that's actually not there??? And you as a Company (Ticketmaster) find that's ok??

Is scalping legal? Logged on for Metallica tickets February 17, 2017 at 10am for Nassau Coliseum (the exact time show went on sale). Clock indicates "wait for your seats, do not hit refresh etc..." Wait wait wait. Answer "Event sold out. Try again." Right after no tickets, event sold out. Try again at 4pm, resale tickets available from Live Nation. Plenty of them too at 3 to 4X the price.

I will rate Ticketmaster a zero. I purchased 2 Tony Bennett show tickets, and was unable to get a barcode on my E-ticket. Called Ticketmaster and waited 30 min before Anthony answered. Asked about the absence of barcode, Anthony said, "you are the few unlucky ones" that could not get the barcode. He confirmed every step I did was accurate and correct, but just "unlucky". For the 30 min. hold on the phone, Anthony said he will put my tickets at the box office for me to pickup. Waited another 17 mins for him to do just that. Asked about the 30+17 min hold, Anthony said, "it is the high volume" time. Ticketmaster had their employees trained to blame everything else rather than upgrading their system and training their employees to be more efficient. Will never deal with them again.

The past year I have attempted to purchase tickets through this website to no avail. No joke, for two of these concerts, we had three computers, and five cell phones going to try and get tickets... right at release time 0900 hours. Nothing. I either get stuck in refreshing limbo, or the message, "sorry, no tickets match your search." The website used to work. I know because I used it. It has gone downhill big time, to the point of being unusable. HMV has now into receivership so no Ticketmaster outlet available.

I logged on to purchase tickets to the Nickelback concert in Phoenix, AZ. I clicked on the "purchase by map" but I guess my finger accidentally hit the "resale" button which is literally right next to it. I simply clicked on 3 lawn tickets and hit buy. I ended up purchasing these tickets, not knowing they were resale (until after the fact) and were charged triple what the tickets normally sell for, and are still on sale for. I would like to call out Ticketmaster and Live Nation for not making it more clear about what is an official ticket and what is a "resale" ticket and not warning us that these were a resale product, and could be more than face value. Of course, none of their policies apply to resale tickets with Live Nation so we are out $40 bucks down the drain. Tried to get a refund as soon as I found out, but, they said "too bad". Will not purchase tickets through this company again if I can avoid it.

What am I missing? When did scalping become legal? I ordered and PAID Ticketmaster (Secure Tix) for tickets on November 7, 2016 for an event on 2/12/2017. I just received my tickets today (3 days before the event) and they were NOT the seats I ordered, they are on the side. I specifically wanted front facing seats. I called "customer service" and they told me that the seller could not fulfill the order so they "upgraded my tickets" to a closer location. I asked them why they didn't contact me to let me know that the seller could not fulfill my order so that I could cancel and buy different seats and they said "that is not our policy".

I paid $70.00 per ticket for $48.50 seats plus $40.60 service fee, and $14.95 for delivery to Secure Tix. So if they didn't pay the seller, they collected $83.60 plus $14.95 shipping from me on $48 tickets, what a scam. I paid almost $200 for $48 tickets. I would have been cool with that if I got what I paid for. From now on I will call the venue directly and purchase tickets or I will just not go. I used to use them all the time, what happened? No more Ticketmaster.

More evidence that Ticketmaster/Live Nation is involved in ticket scalping. My experience with the recent Seattle U2 Ticketmaster buying experience mirrors others on this website. Myself being online - at the open, registered, system ready to accept cookies, etc, etc. T/LN's system informs me no tickets available within minutes. Boatloads of resale tickets are available however, listed screen left, on the Ticketmaster website. I filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's Office. I received standing. T/LN responded with the usual BS. Their response avoids the issue of scalping resales altogether.

What we need is a citizens' movement blocking public funding for the venues that these events are being held in. If the public is called upon to guarantee bonds, pay for the necessary infrastructure and finally suffer the traffic inconvenience that building or remodeling stadiums entails, then the people deserve an orderly and honest system of purchasing the tickets necessary for attendance. Further, the voting public is entitled to a political class that aggressively follows up on complaints of obvious end runs around anti-scalping laws.

This morning we logged on to purchase tickets to an event that went on sale at 9 am. 845 we sat at 2 different computers to ensure we'd get tickets. The screen refreshes at 9 am and immediately we're told no tickets are available. But aren't we "lucky" because Ticketmaster has an official partner called "Get Me In" which gave me the delight of being able to pay almost £300 for 2x £50 tickets. Not to mention the nearly £50 processing fee, and the £10 for delivery. Now, I realize I'm being ripped off at every step of this process, but £10 delivery for 2x tickets? That's a joke. I can ship an entire box of trinkets and gifts to family in the United States for around £15. I'm shocked and find this disgusting. Obviously, Ticketmaster gives a lump of its own tickets to its OWN site so it can overcharge us for these tickets.

I do not understand firstly how all the tickets are gone within literally a second, or how they're legally allowed to basically SCALP tickets to us from the same company. I am disgusted, can't believe the treatment. If they weren't the only way to get tickets, I'd love to get them elsewhere. Ticketmaster is disgusting. Deliberate rip-off. I don't understand how in 2017 companies can still get away with all this rip off rubbish. Shame on you, Ticketmaster.

My wife and I purchased tickets to the Journey concert in Tulsa, OK. We searched for our tickets and the resale list popped up more prominently than anything else on the page. We purchased these tickets, not knowing they were resale (until after the fact) and were charged double what the tickets normally sell for, and are still on sale for. I would like to call out Ticketmaster for not making it more clear about what is an official ticket and what is a "resale" ticket and not warning us that these were a resale product, and could be more than face value. Of course, none of their policies apply to resale tickets so we are out $45 bucks down the drain. Will not purchase tickets through this company again if I can avoid it.

What is the point of two different fees? The service fee and the processing fee. The service fee makes sense. We are paying for Ticketmaster's service but isn't processing the tickets part of that service? Or am I missing something here. In a few years from now are we going to have to pay an "ink fee" for tickets that are printed and mailed to us? I advise everyone to only use Ticketmaster if they absolutely have to. Until they remove this nonsensical imaginary fee, they are essentially robbing consumers.

I bought two tickets at the wrong venue in a different city. The venue had the exact same name as the venue in my city. I called Ticketmaster almost immediately and asked them to give me an even exchange for the two tickets for the same group at the wrong theater with the same group at my theater and Ticketmaster said no. Ticketmaster is a rip-off & I'll never use them again even if that means missing concerts. Ticketmaster makes millions, and wouldn't have lost one cent letting me have an even exchange. Their agents were rude and indifferent. Don't use Ticketmaster if you can help it, and if you do, don't buy insurance with Allianz because they are useless, and won't lift a finger to refund your money. Ticketmaster & Allianz are a team of crooks. Buyer beware!

Where to begin? I had the misfortune of using Ticketmaster to purchase U2 tickets, and I wish I would have read some of the reviews prior to doing so. Tickets went on sale at 10 am sharp and I found myself at my computer at exactly that time feverishly selecting sections on the arena map hoping to get a pair of tickets for this hyped show. As time passed Ticketmaster said that other fans had beat me to tickets in that section and I quickly moved on to the next section again searching for a pair of the "best available" seats in that section. That was a mistake. As it turns out when I finally did get seats, 3 instead of 2 as I had requested, they were over $500 a seat. With Ticketmaster's additional $84 fee per seat my bill was in excess of $1600. Wow.

Ticketmaster has a policy that they will refund your purchase price for your tickets within 72 hours of your initial purchase which I did try to do later that evening. After being on hold in excess of 30 minutes the rather rude person on the other end of the phone informed me that I had purchased "resale" tickets and that their refund policy did not apply to resale tickets. I asked him how it was possible to purchase resale tickets within the first ten minutes of ticket sales. Who could possibly buy tickets in the first 5 minutes and then put them back up for resale at double the price so some unsuspecting sucker (me) would purchase them. The whole thing smacks me in the face with an undercurrent of dishonesty and corruption. What a monopoly scam this company is.

Please be wary when purchasing anything from this company and most certainly never ever select "best available seat" when ordering tickets. In fact I have found resale tickets on this site at a fraction of the cost that I paid for my "best available seats" that I scooped up during the frenzy of my initial purchase. Can U2 and other artists seriously condone this kind of abhorrent behaviour? Ticketmaster you stink!

After watching the timer count to zero and page refreshed I was disheartened to see there were no tickets available for the event. It was physically impossible for all tickets to have been sold in a matter of seconds. I was advised to go to a sister site where resellers sold them at extortionate prices (I did purchase one). Ticketmaster should not publically advertise tickets release date knowing full well that the only plausible way for customers to purchase said tickets is to go through resellers where you've sold them off in bulk to larger companies. Concert tickets should be for consumers and not corporates! :(

I attempted to purchase Katt Williams tickets online on Ticketmaster.com for an event that is scheduled to take place on January 21, 2017 and was unable to do so from any of my personal devices. I attributed this issue to not being on an actual computer. I then tried to purchase tickets from my work computer and still was unable to do so. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes to speak to a representative, I purchased tickets on December 27, 2016 for my 10th Anniversary on January 19, 2017. I chose to have my tickets delivered to me through an email so that I could print the tickets and present them to my husband as his gift. The day before my anniversary I went to the email that I believed contained my tickets and found that there was nothing attached.

I called them again to try and get them to send me an email with the tickets attached. The representative told me that my tickets would be sent to me through an attachment on the January 19, 2017. Therefore I was unable to present the tickets to my husband on the day of our anniversary and still was unable to present them to him on the 19th because the tickets would not be released until exactly 48 hours prior to the event. This is unacceptable because I have purchased tickets through other websites that sent me my tickets immediately and I was able to print them immediately. I am unable to print them from my home because I will not be home when the tickets supposedly get to me.

I will say that the customer service representative that I yelled at on January 19th remained very calm and offered to have my tickets issued to me at Will Call free of charge and supposedly refunded me $35 which I am assuming were the fees associated with purchasing the tickets with them. We will see if those tickets are at Will Call or if I ever receive the refund. Oh and to top it off, the Ticketmaster website does not allow me to print a receipt but obviously there are ways to capture the image of the confirmation.

I purchased two tickets for a hockey game via Ticketmaster. I received the incorrect tickets and they would NOT change to correct tickets, or refund my money. Customer service is not helpful and downright rude!! Now I'm stuck trying to unload two tickets I can't use.

Worst experience EVERY SINGLE TIME you log on to this stupid website. Somebody please come up with an alternative to take this monopoly out. They give you fuzzy pictures from other countries to click on like idiots to "battle the bots". I'M LOGGED IN TO MY TICKETMASTER ACCOUNT, I'M NOT A BOT. And then it just loads and loads and loads "Searching... Sit tight" and you don't want to refresh the page to "lose your spot" but you know something has obviously not worked properly. Meanwhile SOMEHOW scalpers have managed to order tickets already and put them up on eBay or Stubhub before you even get an option at seats. Pay these stupid presale fees and for what? FOR NOTHING. No surprise that it's rated one star by others too. I wish I could just go and wait in line somewhere for tickets. Instead Ticketmaster and eBay get richer and richer off of our dime.

Ticketmaster never ceases to amaze with its poor service. Unfortunately, for the tickets I bought, I could only get these through it. Bought resale tickets, which on its site clearly said instant email download. Then I got several emails from Ticketmaster that the tickets were available, and event reminders. So I tried to print them, but could not. Phoned and went through what has become the standard delay tactics by bad companies who hope you will give up and go away. Rep said "oh, they are resale tickets" (which seemed to suggest that meant something, but he later said it was not relevant). He then said the tickets could not be printed until 48 hours before the event. He said that is to protect against scalping. That's rich, given that is exactly what Ticketmaster did to sell me the tickets.

Also, the website allows me to transfer or sell the tickets, which means I could "scalp" them, but I cannot print them until just before the event. I will be out of town to see the event, and thus it will be difficult to print them out just before the event. The rep just kept repeating nonsensical statements about how all of this was for my benefit. Shameful, but it's a company that doesn't care, and has no shame.

Christmas time 2016, we flew to Las Vegas. On the 28th of Dec. 2016, We bought 5 tickets for Eiffel Tower Experience at Paris Las Vegas. The tickets are listed for the night show of 29th Dec. 2016, we chose for eTicket delivery. Yet no eTickets were delivered. In the afternoon of 29th, I logged onto the Ticketmaster website trying to print my tickets. However it listed as past event and as a result I could not print out any tickets. I called Ticketmaster. After nearly one hour phone call, I was told the event agency communicated the wrong timing information and as a result it was listed as past, even though at the time of the phone call, the event is actually still ongoing, however Ticketmaster was not able to re-list it as on-going because of technical reasons. I was promised to get a refund.

On the 4th of Jan. 2017, I called Ticketmaster and was told they have sent a refund request to the event agency and cannot guarantee to refund me. On the 6th of Jan 2017, I again called Ticketmaster (after one corporate person left a message). The person was very impatient and condescending and did not appear to be aware of anything regarding this matter. She stated the ticket was valid for a year (which is completely not true). I spent another half hour on the phone explaining the whole situation.

In short, this is what went wrong with Ticketmaster: 1) Bad/no communication. There is no email sent after the purchase, no email acknowledging any of the communications/phone calls; There seems to be a lack of internal communication too. As a result, I have to explain the whole situation each time; the communication between Ticketmaster and the various agencies on whose behalf ticket master sells ticket is also very flawed, which caused the situation. 2) Denial of the multiple mistakes on their side. Each time, somebody would blame someone else, the agency, the customer... 3) Refusal/Reluctance of refund. Because of the various mistakes Ticketmaster makes, not only did I not get to go the event as planned, but I also had to spend hours on the phone trying to get a refund.

As of now, I have still yet to hear from Ticketmaster as for the refund request. As of our Vegas experience, we had to scrap our plan for that night after spending our precious time on the phone with Ticketmaster representative. Conclusion: Never use Ticketmaster again. You may spend money on tickets that Ticketmaster have no accurate information about and you will have to spend hours trying to get your money back for an event you cannot even go to.

I bought tickets from their website and instead of allowing me to choose my tickets, they chose them for me and I was not able to sit by the aisle for my mother who is claustrophobic. You are only able to see the seat information AFTER you put in your credit card information. Totally deceitful, unfair and unreasonable and said their resale tickets are posted by private and confidential owners and so I asked them to contact directly since I purchased from their website and they should assist or guarantee the satisfaction of the purchase. They would not even attempt to contact them to explain the situation and move our tickets only 4 seats down.

Ditto to everyone else's complaints on resale tickets. Purchased tickets and they were switched to a higher level. Called customer service and she admitted if you change tickets and hot refresh new tickets populate to purchase. What a scam. Paid $58.00 for a $20.00 ticket in nosebleed section. The ones who lose are the kids who wanted to see the Monster Jam up close. Placed on hold when asked to speak to a manager and never transferred. Shame on this company. Like other disappointed customers will share this story everywhere I can. Signed another good consumer getting screwed.

In a perfect example of no good deed going unpunished, I tried to buy five tickets for my out-of-state family to attend the Alamo Bowl this year. I'm not going to attend, but I wanted them to have great seats near other fans of our team. The online "map" to buy tickets was pretty wonky and kept stalling, so I downloaded and used the App for my phone. I found a great set of seats, all sitting together in the upper club section (perfect for my 78-year-old mother). Going back and forth between my computer and the App, I confirmed that these seats were the best deal I could find and would put my family squarely on the PAC-12 side of the field (our team side). The "map" on my laptop was horrible at updating, so I chose to buy the tickets on the App.

Important note: at no time did I ever click (to open) on any section of seats on the other side of the field or stadium: why would I? That's where the BIG-12 side of the field is. Ok. So I selected the club level seats on our side (clicked on the correct seats in that section), and reviewed the price (and "service charge") and purchased them! Great. I was so happy. I sent my family the good news. We were all thrilled - for 2 minutes. When I received the confirmation email, the section where the seats were was completely different from where I had been looking - and right in the middle of the BIG-12 side of the field. I IMMEDIATELY called Ticketmaster, assuming they could just cancel the transaction (as it had only been a few minutes), and I could repurchase the tickets I thought I was purchasing.

Apparently, that is impossible! In order to achieve such a reasonable result, I would have to prove that their computer system made a mistake and not me. (Interesting shift of the burden of proof.) I demanded to talk to a supervisor, who discussed the matter with me and told me he would call me back when he got a "report" from the system on my transaction. I insisted that he call me back within the hour so I could deal with the transaction with my credit card company if I needed to. (All of this was after an hour on the phone and being on-hold in between being transferred around.) While I waited, I called my credit card company to discuss my options, as clearly this was not what I intended to purchase. (Short version: I can dispute the charge, but that will take 30 days, and the tickets are for an event in 14 days.)

So. The Ticketmaster "supervisor" did not CALL back. Instead, he somehow "sent" a voicemail (which never rang on my phone) saying that the "report" indicated that I had always been in the section in which the tickets I received are located. If I want to discuss the matter, please call back - to the main, root line - not even to his extension or department. Fascinating, considering that I never opened that section, or even that side of the stadium. Why would I? If their App is so touchy as to create that possibility (without me having any idea that was what was going on), perhaps the problem is with their system. This thought reminded me of the first question I was asked by "customer service": did you see an error message or have a problem with your order? Funny. You'd have thought they might have debugged that system before setting it in motion with real money and consequences.

$817 worth of tickets. My Christmas present to my out-of-state family members! To be clear, I am not a computer neophyte: I spent the first part of my career developing and writing computer software/code, so I understand how to move around a screen and properly point-and-click - complicated as that might be with an App (website) like this one. Oh. The "supervisor" also mentioned (on the unreturnable voicemail) that maybe I can re-sell the wrong tickets to someone else on the site. So. I looked into that. Funny thing about that: once you "own" the tickets, Ticketmaster charges you an additional "service" charge to sell them, which gets added onto the ticket price, ensuring that the price for YOUR tickets are now more than other tickets in the same area (unless you choose to take a substantial loss on your "sale" price). This is assuming anyone buys the tickets in an area that is not optimal viewing.

Mind you, this is - apparently - the ONLY way to buy tickets for this event, which is why the company does not seem to care one iota about the slew of horrible reviews on sites like Yelp. I'll make sure to reiterate my experience on as many review sites as I can find. Apparently, that is my only recourse. Now, unless I find another sucker to buy my tickets, my family will now be standing in row 11 of the end-zone, in the midst of the other teams fans during the bowl game they have been waiting 10 long years (yes, we are CU fans!) to see, when they should have had a wonderful view from the Club Level on our side of the field. Welcome to modern capitalism. I did not attempt to do this on the cheap. I paid full price, and I got fully screwed!

Ticketmaster are allowing people to sell ticket at any price they want because they label it as platinum ticket. I ended up buying these platinum ticket online @ 175 each & didn't know they come with no perks. I called to find out that there were no perks with these tickets. But they have standard tickets in the same section same & same row that can be bought @ $60. They say these tickets are not resale ticket but are selling at resale prices. Very disappointing as a customer.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.
  • Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.
  • Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.
  • Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.
  • Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.
  • Best for Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Compare Ticket Websites