2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.86/5

Ticketmaster Reviews

Original review: March 1, 2020

Ticketmaster seems to be the major ticket website around my city. They have real time information on the tickets you are looking for like which seats are still available and show an accurate seating map so you can see exactly were your seats will be. They show sec # and seat#. It also shows how many seats are remaining for sale buy section. They tell you if the tickets are resell tickets (from previous buyers) or from the venue itself. You can save time and narrow down the field by using the TYPE link. It can show you all regular tickets or best seat, V.I.P, most expensive, least expensive, Fan Club Seats and Preferred seats and more all with a click.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Two years ago my friend and I wanted to go see Metallica at the NRG stadium in Houston. My friend has a prosthetic leg and in the past it has been difficult to attend concerts. The stairs and walking tires a person who has two good legs but in his condition it is 10 fold. The ticket agent I dealt with was wonderful. She was able to get us excellent seats and elevator passes that your everyday consumer can not get. We were very pleased with the Price which I only paid $70.00 a piece for. The customer service she gave was exceptional and we had a blast. There was a Ticketmaster rep there to escort us the the stadium and the parking was front row. I contacted two other ticket vendors. One was the NRG ticket phone line and neither went to the length they did.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Remember when Ticketmaster was it? That was where we all got our tickets. Like, all of them! It was akin to “the” sheriff, located next to the pub, and the post office in a small town. Tickets? Ticketmaster. Obviously the internet changed this dramatically, and so Ticketmaster had to either roll with the punches and stand their ground, or be destroyed. I think they’ve done a pretty good job with that. They occasionally do feel a little more expensive than their competitors, though. I’ve searched and found a better deal on this or that, but in the end Ticketmaster is a name I trust. If there’s one thing they have that the others don’t, it’s their name on the faces of stubs from some of the best experiences of my younger years. That matters right now. People are bound to be loyal to that. Especially these days where everything is so canned, and temporary.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The website was well constructed and easy to navigate. It would have been nice to have a link with the ticket seating chart to give you a better perspective of where the stage would be in relation to the seat area. For us, It was difficult to tell just by looking at the blocked out areas. Upon looking it up online elsewhere which was very time consuming, we realized we need much closer tickets to enjoy the show that we wanted to see as we've never been to the venue.

The other thing may be worth mentioning is the Ticketmaster tends to be on the higher side of the price scale when there are competing companies offering comparable tickets for sometimes significantly less. Consequently, my dream of being front row- and eventually the pit of course- at SOAD May 2020, L.A Ca, was quickly crushed, but will live on...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I trust Ticketmaster to purchase tickets from. We have gone to various concerts over the years and we have purchased through Ticketmaster. There are other vendors who sell these tickets, but we are wary of them as we do not know if they are legitimate, a scam, internet hoax or just thieves. Some of the concerts we have been to over the years are: Miranda Lambert, Bon Jovi, Styx, Elton John, Queensryche, Journey, Heart, Foreigner, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, Celine Dion, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, BeeGees, Lalapolooza, Hamilton Joe Franklin & Reynolds, Three Dog Night, The Pretenders, Pat Benatar, Rascal Flatts, Motley Crew, Van Halen, The Cure, Reo Speedwagon, Night Ranger. Those are the concerts I can remember. I am sure there were more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: March 28, 2020

First - Avoid reading all the 3,4 & 5 Star reviews - Rubbish & BS! Ticketmaster will do and say anything to avoid refunding your money for most events especially now with COVID-19. They will postpone the event sometimes for almost a year. Be very cautious or avoid purchasing any tickets at this time. I purchased 4 tickets for Andre Rieu to take my wife and 83 year old mother and father to on 3/17/20. They made special plans to visit Phoenix (from NY) that week. A week prior to the concert it was POSTPONED with no rescheduled date (TBD) as the event was cancelled (COVID-19) understandably.

Ticketmaster and Promotor Andre Rieu also know that there will a lot less people that will actually be able to attend if the new 2/27/2021 date ever actually happen and in the meantime they are keeping everybody's money for events like this that may or may not happen. It's as much Andre Rieu choice to refund or not refund as it is Ticketmaster's. If he is so good - why is he afraid to refund and resell the tickets again closer to the POSTPONED Feb 2021 date? WARNING DON'T PURCHASE ANY TICKETS FROM TICKETMASTER.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Spent £100 on tickets for an event on 26 June 2020, which was just canceled due to the pandemic and rescheduled to FEBRUARY 2021. We can no longer attend on the new date and due to their policy we can not get a refund for the tickets, but instead this scammy company says to sell them on a marketplace so they don't lose a dime. That would be fine if the rules didn't state that you get your money AFTER THE SHOW, which in our case is now in Feb. What if the tickets don't sell? Even if they do sell we won't get the money for ELEVEN MONTHS. Absolute rubbish business model especially dealing with events effected due to the pandemic; we'll never give them a cent again and will be telling everyone we know to do the same.

Original review: March 26, 2020

We are not frequent event-goers. So, when we decided to take the family to the 2020 NCAA basketball tournament, we purchased our tickets through Ticketmaster because the website was relatively easy to use and Ticketmaster is a well known vendor. As the event was cancelled (COVID), we understood that refunds may or may not happen (it's a tough time for everyone), but were hopeful as we'd spent $900.

As it turns out, even though we have a receipt and Order # from Ticketmaster, we were actually purchasing through a reseller operating on the Ticketmaster platform. Ticketmaster was very quick to state that the reseller would be refunded, not us, and that UNFORTUNATELY they could not provide the reseller's contact information to us. That's just incredibly poor business operation. We will never use Ticketmaster again and strongly caution others to think twice as well.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Ticketmaster is withholding close to $500 in funds of ours that we are owed back. We learned on the phone that they are withholding payments from hundreds of customers that are in the same position. We had purchased Pearl Jam tickets for the show at Quebec City Videotron Center when they were first released. A few weeks later, due to work reasons, we cancelled our trip to Quebec which meant that we would be unable to attend the concert so we posted the tickets for resale via my Ticketmaster account in February of 2020. Our tickets were officially sold on March 3, 2020 as my husband received an email to confirm this saying our funds would be in our bank account within 5-7 days. Our resale of the tickets had nothing to do with coronavirus as the outbreak was not happening in Canada yet, nor was the Pearl Jam tour postponed when the tickets were posted for resale in February or resold on March 3.

3 weeks later, we still have not received our refund so we called to inquire why we haven't received the refund. We spoke with 4 people (including 2 supervisors) who told us that our refund is on hold despite the fact that our tickets are sold because the tour has since been postponed. As mentioned, we sold the tickets before any of this was happening. We also purchased insurance for our tickets at the time of purchase.

He informed us that many people are having their funds withheld. We understand that people still holding tickets wouldn't be refunded in case it will be postponed. However, we posted and sold our tickets before any of this, therefore, Ticketmaster has collected and is holding onto funds from two parties for the same set of tickets. We don't own tickets, nor do we have our money back. It could be weeks or months before coronavirus gets settled and we would like to have our $500 now. Ticketmaster is holding double funds for likely thousands of transactions. They are taking advantage of consumers during this difficult time and it's disgusting.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I recently purchased tickets for the 2020 Calgary Stampede which I'd planned to visit during an RV trip across the U.S. and Canada. But I am 79 years old (a high-risk category for the coronavirus) and have been advised not to travel by the U.S. Government. Further, the U.S.-Canadian border is presently closed to tourists. Accordingly, and sadly, I have cancelled my planned trip. Ticketmaster.ca however refuses to cancel my ticket reservations and refund my payment. They try to lay the blame on the Stampede organizers. This is unfair and inappropriate. We are dealing with an act of God. Standard policies about the event organizer don't fit this situation. It calls for forward-thinking and special exceptions in view of the current pandemic.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team