Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.11/5

Ticketmaster Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

It is a terrible company with terrible customer service. I was using their site to purchase tickets for a football game. At some point, it changed the game and when I clicked "purchase" I was informed I had purchased re-sale tickets for the wrong game. The online chat feature which they advertise as working 24 hours a day stated it was not working but only after 30 minutes of being online waiting before disconnection.

When I reached a live person shortly after the ticket purchase, they indicate there was nothing they could do. I would have to try and resell the tickets or give them to a friend? Of course, if you try to re-sell the tickets, Ticketmaster takes their big cut which means you can NEVER get the money back that you paid. Either way - the company makes money. They are rude and deceitful.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I purchased tickets to the Metallica concert in Syd, Aus. This concert was cancelled due to James Hetfield requiring admittance into a rehab facility (or became scared of being unable to acquire his drug of choice due to border control being so active in their duty to search items being imported into this country). A full refund was promised for this reason. I purchased my tickets for a total of A$386.19. I have just received my refund, to the generous tune of A$8.95. So apparently Ticketmaster have deemed that they can just steal A$377.24 from me, without any sort of explanation. This move is blatant theft, and completely unlawful. Looks like I will be proceed with lawful action.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought two tickets for NF in Nashville a couple weeks ago from Ticketmaster. The tickets were $116 each. When we arrived at the venue, we were told our tickets weren't "real" and that we could not go into the concert. When we went to the box office to figure this out, we were told this happens often with Ticketmaster. Someone reselling their tickets will ask for a refund immediately after someone (me) buys them. This then invalidates the tickets. When I contacted Ticketmaster, they were extremely unhelpful and ignored all my emails. Do NOT buy from Ticketmaster. You could get scammed, and they will NOT give you a refund.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

A simple transaction becomes a time consuming fruitless task. Tried to purchase my ticket for an event. System times out and you never complete a password set up to continue making your purchase. This really cost the event a sale because they farmed out their ticket sales to Ticketmaster. Waste of my time.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Waited in the waiting room after they had a problem with their website. Chose my tickets and waited three hours for Ticketmaster to never put my order through. So much for verified preorder ticket sales.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I bought 4 tickets for a show. Was wanting to take some friends. The tickets were digital on phone only. They didn't release the tickets to me until 24 hours before the show. When I finally received them, they were listed as nontransferable. I was stuck with 4 tickets and no way to give them to the people I wanted to give them to. I called them for help. Was stuck on the phone for over an hour, even though they said the wait would be 15 mins.

When I did get them on the phone, I told them that when I bought the tickets, it said nothing about not being able to transfer them. The guy on the phone said, "Did it say you could transfer them?" and I said, "Why wouldn't they be? I bought them". He said I amused wrong. Even when you pay over 200 for your tickets, according to them, you still don't own what you just paid for. Imagine buying a car and after you buy it, being told what streets you could and couldn't drive on with your new car? And were never informed of the limitation before you bought it. Beware of buying more than one ticket from them at a time. I can't wait for this company to go out of business. They have become more important to themselves than to their customers.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I purchased what I thought were front row tickets to a concert 4 months in advance. The tickets were labeled ROW 1 SEATS 34 AND 35. I even looked the seats up to see that they were right on the stage, which Ticketmaster of course showed they were. Here we are one day before the concert and I just now saw my tickets. They are general admission tickets with no assigned row!! And the retail price was 60 a piece!! Ticketmaster allowed me to pay 160 per ticket!! And with less than one day left, I cannot resell them! When we called to complain, we were told sellers can label them however they want and charge whatever they want. DO NOT ORDER TICKETS FROM THESE PEOPLE!! Their customer service is a joke and they knowingly let buyers be deceived!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I called in for a refund because of a medical emergency, days before the event. They told me that it would be refunded within 3-5 business days. I called again today and the event happened on Sunday, and they told me that they rejected the refund just today. No comments about why they rejected the refund or anything like that. I even offered to send them my medical bills and such to prove to them that I was in an accident, but they didn't need it because they "couldn't do anything about it". Regardless of that, if they want to keep loyal happy customers, there is something they can always do, like just ** REFUND MY MONEY.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Ticketmaster is a scam. I sold my NFL tickets through Ticketmaster and was never paid by them. This is an unbelievable scam and it looks like it is happening to thousands of others as well. Go sell somewhere else if you can.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Awful company, bought tickets last week have since found out I am not able to go, have asked if I am able to resell them and this has been declined. Have asked for a refund and this has been declined. On the phone for ages and the company outwardly stated they will keep the money and the tickets. Avoid the Ticketmaster scam. You will lose your money. Be warned.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs