3.2/5 (849 ratings)

About Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Please buy tickets directly from vendors.. Ticketmaster does not have a direct customer service to even ask questions. I purchased tickets online and was unable to validate a bar code .. so once I got to the ticket gate they could not find a bar code only a receipt and a debit of my account I paid.. Unfortunately that wasn’t enough.. I was embarrassed.. so I paid cash to get through the gate… so I paid twice for tickets.. Finally after all the tricks and hoops to to customer service Ticketmaster live chat said ask the vendors for a refund. Never any customer concerns, no apologies for embarrassment nor an explanation whatsoever where or what happened to my tickets. Took my money and blamed the vendor.. I purchased my tickets directly from Ticketmaster’s website not the vendor.. Please be aware. Take my word. You will not talk to a human being and they will shift the blame after they take your money.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Do NOT buy any tickets from Ticketmaster... Please scroll and read all reviews before considering buying! I wish I would have done this prior to purchasing my tickets. I purchased tickets to a baseball game about 3 weeks before the game. I downloaded the app as instructed and waited for my tickets. I was informed they would download before the game. The day of the game, there were no tickets. I started the chat online and called and Ticketmaster, they assured me the tickets should arrive any minute. Hours later, no tickets. I am at the gate waiting and NO tickets. I am frustrated because I am with my son who is disabled and he is getting upset and not understanding... I had to leave!

The next day, I looked and no tickets were ever downloaded. I called and emailed and finally got a reply stating the tickets were downloaded (which they were NOT) and no refund would be given. I was told by Nicholas at Ticketmaster that they almost never give refunds because people do not know how to use their app. He further stated that if you buy tickets (which I never will buy from them again) that you must read between the lines and fine print. (Apparently once you download their app, you have to download another app???).. This is ridiculous!! There are may other places to buy tickets, so Ticketmaster lost my business and my company's business! Ticketmaster does not care about their consumers and I will never purchase anything from them again.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I purchased 2 tickets to a show (MJ Live, 12/28/22 in Detroit), and they listed them for resale due to a schedule conflict. Ticketmaster keeps advising that they are listed, however they are not as they do not appear for resale on the seating chart map. The seats on each side of my seats, MIX 20, Row CC, seats 11-12 and 15-18 are also for resale BY TICKETMASTER and identified as such with the pink circle. I believe that ticketmaster buys and resells tickets at higher costs and is therefore not listing my tickets because they are competitively priced. Regardless, per their policy, they are obligated to list my tickets for resale.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I called today regarding an upcoming event we bought Tickets to & asked if it was possible to exchange seats for a different area & I was yes but I had to pay a processing fee of 300 which would be refunded. It was not correct. It was a scam. They wanted to buy a gift card from Target & read them codes for processing. I was then told that the billing manager made a mistake & they refunded me too much. I was ask to pay them back 400 dollars. This experience went on for a couple of hours. I was able to reach customer service & found out that my oringal tickets were being transferred. They had me change my password & cancel transfer. So my event tickets were safe & my bank had me cancel my credit card right away. Be Careful most tickets are not refundable or transferable! I hope this helps save somebody.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I was supposed to be given a discount and the ability to purchase tickets three days prior to the day they would go on sale to the general public, because I am a Citi Bank card member. The Ticketmaster app allowed me to gain access to purchase the tickets presale, however when it came to purchasing the tickets, the app refused to recognize my City Bank credit card as a valid card. I spent over an hour on the phone with a Citibank representative who could not figure out why Ticketmaster refused to recognize my valid credit card to purchase the tickets. So I had to go through StubHub and pay $70 more, because Ticketmaster didn't set up their system properly. I will never give them the opportunity to do this to me again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Honestly I was really scared to buy Kendrick Lamar tickets from Ticketmaster due to all the negative reviews. It was my first time buying concert tickets from this app, so I was very nervous but I bought 2 tickets in August 2022, I received my tickets two 2 weeks after with no issue I loved how it allowed me to save to my Apple wallet. The concert was September 10, 2022 in Phoenix and had no issue at all. It was very easy to get in. They just scanned my tickets from my Apple wallet and has amazing seats! I thank Ticketmaster for a fun experience and definitely will be going thru them again to purchase in the future. Just thought I would share my positive review since I didn’t see many and I know many of other people were just worried as I was ordering from them so I hope this review helps!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Ticketmaster was absolutely horrible and the fact they have a monopoly on tickets means they don't care about the customer in the LEAST. I almost missed the show because of their lack of help. Their APP does not work on my phone and I was getting emails with one line of instructions which did not work, I had to wait another 12 hours for the next email containing another sentence of instructions. I begged for alternative ways to receive my ticket (let me print them at home, send the code to my computer..etc). I was given the middle finger in my face at 12 hour intervals. I had to call the theater box office directly to get my tickets. Thank God for the Theater Box Office.

Ticketmaster doesn't even have a phone number for customers, that tells you exactly what they think of you. They charged an extra $50 which should be deemed highway robbery. No different than being held up in an alley. Thieves never give you good customer service. If you can get your tickets ANY other way than ticketmaster. I would advise taking that avenue.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I bought my daughter tickets from Ticketmaster.com and have bought many tickets through them. We spent nearly 500 on 2 tickets and we buy from Ticketmaster so we can purchase directly. When we buy from Vivid Seats and other places we know we're purchasing from a reseller so decided to use Ticketmaster to ensure our tickets. Well my daughter is going to a wedding and can't use them for the date. So she found she could transfer and use them at another stadium for an earlier showing.

She called and because we transferred the tickets to her she was told we needed to call so she could give them last 4 digits of cc used to pay for tickets. So we did a 3 way call and the rep on the phone said they can't be switched because we bought them via resell, which we had no idea Ticketmaster did resell tickets. He said it was on the site but I honestly didn't see anything about it saying these were resale tickets. So we kept getting run around and were very upset!!!! So we asked to speak to a manager and oh no!!!! We have to be called back, I persisted on speaking to a Mgr now, and never got anywhere.

So I finally gave up and said, "FINE have a Mgr call us back...." It's been 2 weeks and no Mgr called. Hmmmm suspicious. Why can't I speak to someone in authority when I call!!!! So now we are out our money because the tickets can't be transferred to another venue (same ** show). So now we are out almost 500....NEVER, NEVER, USE OR TRUST TICKETMASTER!!!! IDC WHO'S COMING. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN because of their lack of customer service and misleading!!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I had an issue activating my account. You have to go through a couple of steps, the second one is receiving an SMS with an authentication code to your phone. That didn't work with an international number. I called their service, waited 15 minutes, and got the most stupid answers. So I sent them an email and got an answer that has nothing to do with the issue I had. I was told to check my spam folder... Before you order tickets from them, make sure you have a working account. If not avoid doing business with them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Purchased tickets for Eagles concert at Canadian Tire Center this Tuesday Sept 13. Paid 417.50/ticket. Same ticket today has dropped to 174.50!!!! Reached Ticketmaster and told NOTHING CAN BE DONE. Incredible!!

Ticketmaster author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

Ticketmaster Company Information