1.14/5
  • 1 star
Based on 122 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2017

1008 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I was charged $56 in taxes and fees for two terrible $39 seats at the Janet Jackson concert. I was charged for parking and was told at the gate that parking was NOT included. These people are rip-offs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had a great experience when it came down to ordering my tickets online. I was having a problem and I email Ticketmaster and they responded and handle my questions. Keep up the good work Ticketmaster.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

So disorganized. I was trying to buy tickets for Taylor Swift and it kept on trying to load verifying my tickets, for I’d say 30 minutes. Then the page went completely white and blank. At this point I was having a full blown panic attack while my dad was trying to get on the phone with Ticketmaster customer support, and for 30 minutes he was on the phone being transferred to the next agent. Then my dad refreshed the page and I had to enter the presale code in again, and it wouldn’t let me in, since it thought I already used the code to buy tickets, which I didn’t.

I had a severe panic attack and was throwing a fit and was going insane for an hour and a half until my sister finally somehow bought tickets, much farther back than the original ones I was trying to buy. I am very very unsatisfied based on this experience, they need to get more people to help on the phone and for people’s access code to not be considered as used until an actual purchase is made. This whole situation also could’ve been avoided if I just received a message that my tickets had been bought and was able to select new ones. I was expecting a more organized purchase so I could actually be excited for the concert instead of being angered at the horrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My granddaughter paid $170 to see Evanescence in St. Louis, MO on December 3rd. The price was to include coasters, and a pre-show experience where she could watch the band rehearse. She was told to be at the Peabody Opera House 2 hours early to watch. She arrived in time, and along with about 100 others, was told that there had been some "mistake" and that the pre-show experience was NOT included in the price of the ticket. All the guests that had been told they were to be there for this experience had to sit and wait 2 hours for the show to begin... No offer for a partial refund or anything else. This was false advertising.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Ticketmaster Jay-Z 4:44 Tour - I am very upset with Ticketmaster. I had mistakenly ordered 2 tickets for a show that was located in a different state and the show was happening on the day of. I called that same day to have my money refunded but the customer service was closed. The other option was that I can email customer service but it would take 72 hours for them to reach me back. I then decided okay well I can call them the following business day to have my money refunded. I called and I was told that I was supposed to have called the day of the show in order to get an exchange/refund. I argued that I did but service was closed and I emailed instead.

This lady argued stating that it’s unfortunate and she cannot refund me my money and that there were no other options she could do. All I asked was to either have my money of 564.80 refunded/exchange or receive tickets for the show that I originally wanted to go see in MY city. I was willing to be offered credit to my account, however she made no exception and would not accommodate at all!! I have been a valued customer for years and for them to treat me with such careless and non negotiable way was pathetic and very disappointing. This will be my LAST time that I will EVER purchase through Ticketmaster again. I have spent over 500 for two tickets and they couldn’t reimburse me. I am very upset with you all and again WILL NOT recommend Ticketmaster at all nor will I shop here again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Will stop going to concerts after this last Ticketmaster experience. Continuous errors during purchase process. Website said I had up to 72 hours to cancel transaction. Tried to cancel and fine print states not all artists or venues will allow cancel. Cannot even re-sell these tickets on their site. I selected print tickets at home and was charged for mail delivery. Have been trying to call them for 3 days and get a constant busy signal. Will NEVER go through them again. They are a terrible company.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I attended the Big 10 Championship. I bought my ticket from Vivid Tickets. The ticket was not really a resale, TM and the B10 still owned the ticket, they just listed it as a resale to 2X and add 20%.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I purchased general admission tickets for Lady Gaga in Miami almost a year ago which isn’t uncommon. These tickets were credit card entry only (meaning you needed the physical card to enter and tickets were not provided for transfer or resale). I understand the concept and the idea is to protect the fans so they aren’t forced to pay extremely high resale value from 3rd parties for “hot” seats. However, a lot changes in a year… I moved to the other side of the country. Ticketmaster has no plan for supportable life changing circumstances and I am now out hundreds of dollars because I couldn’t attend the show.

I offered proof of address, proof I repurchased Tickets in the state I now live. I couldn’t give them away, give them back to Ticketmaster, sell them… They offered no solutions except “oh well”. I was fine not having the ridiculous fees returned (which is a whole separate issue in itself). They should not be allowed to make you feel hostage when you have a legitimate reason for not attending that can be supported. I wish I had other options to never use them again but they monopolize the entire event area.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Terrible, rude customer service, was not read the terms and conditions on a totally different transaction and was charged anyways, I could have gotten better tickets somewhere else... These companies then wonder what went wrong and they don’t see that customer satisfaction is the key; they prefer to hold to your couple of hundred dollars and not bend even a little, not buying anything ever from them, I would advice no one to buy anything there! Greedy company!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased the tickets for The Killers concert in Sheffield on 25th of November (just note that English isn't my native language) and have received numerous emails and one of them said that if tickets doesn't arrive 5 days before the event they will find the way for me to get them. The event is in 5 days, still no tickets, on their page the shipping is confirmed, the tickets sent normally, but no tickets at my mailbox and I've received an email in which they claim to haven't even printed the tickets yet so they couldn't send them! And I can get them before the event but no address, no hour, no information. So I've tried to call them and have waited for 18 min! No one is answering. Great service guys.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

In January of 2017 I purchased two tickets to Queen + Adam Lambert for the July 23rd 2017 show. It was advertised as the Ultimate experience. My sister and I love Queen + Adam Lambert. I bought the onstage tickets. Almost $1,250 a piece. We were so excited that day. Then we were shown our "platform" off the stage. We couldn't see a thing. Brian May and Adam had their backs to us the entire concert. I never saw the concert! It was falsely advertised and we were upset when we left the arena. It was a big dream that will never happen again.

I have reached out to my credit card company, I have posted on social media to try to make sure people don't buy an onstage Ultimate experience only to see a better view of the exact same concert at home in my bed on YouTube. I was allowed to take pictures but no video. I have many pics that back up my claim that this was far from an onstage Ultimate experience. I have too shared them so people can see how disappointing the view was. I believe I should pay something just not $2,500 for two tickets. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Purchased tickets for a special occasion - artist postponed - heard this from the news, not from Ticketmaster. 11 days after the date of the show had gone, and this special event activity had been replaced by another - tried calling Ticketmaster to cancel ticket. Have held over a half hour listening to same messaging repeatedly - including telling me how easy it will be to get a refund... (Tickets do not have the 'get refund' option.) Tried the Chat option... that's 'down'. This event was important enough not to go through usual 3rd party ticket provider - lessons learned!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Bought tickets at a hefty price to a concert, the tickets are now being sold for 1/3 of the price. They would not allow me to cancel the ticket to repurchase at the new price. Even asked for some type of compensation. Would not work with me. The concert tickets are literally being given away.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Bought a pair of Katy Perry tickets on a Citibank CC presale. Tickets were $150 + fees, then a few weeks later I find normal tickets adjacent are $90 + fees. What a scam - how unfair is it that they rip me off by $60 per ticket more than the person I'll be sitting next to. Obviously no refunds, and can only hope the concert is decent enough to outweigh my disappointment at Ticketmaster scamming me.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Bought tickets at a presale for Elton John 6 months before show date. Went to their website and somehow ended up buying tickets from a 3rd party that were triple what their value was. Paid $400 for 2 seats that should cost $100. Never been to this venue so we weren't sure of seating and thought it was strange the tickets came in a different name. Pretty convenient that while waiting to discuss this matter with manager at this Ticketmaster location there were about 2 dozen others in the same boat... One older lady paid almost $500 for her 2 seats that should have only been $49.50 each!! I called and customer service is absolutely no help!! Will Never buy tickets from Ticketmaster again! Complete scam and rip off!! Buyers beware.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I just purchased 4 tickets for an event with 2 additional add-ons which are listed $10 each. Like I normally do, I assume the system will calculate the total correctly. So I purchased the tickets. But when I look at it again, I see there's a missing $12.50 charge. I look closely at the details (adding up each processing fee, service fees) and I can't seem to find where this $12.50 comes from. So I contacted them, and they told me it's because the add-ons has an additional $6.25 processing fee on them each.

I was like wow, why didn't it states that there's such a high processing fee for such small items? Or at least list them on the details. I would have notice it first hand if I see that. I asked if I can cancel these 2 add-ons as I was only planning to pay $20 not $32.50. All they can do is crediting me $5 for this inconvenience. Since they are the monopoly (and StubHub), I would call the theatre or go personally to the box office to purchase the tickets. I will try to avoid Ticketmaster if I can. Please someone create another place for consumers to purchase tickets and don't let Ticketmaster get away with these high fees and charges.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I purchased four tickets for a theater production at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle. I was told the ticket would arrive at my address w/in 2 weeks. It's been a month and they are still not here. Every time I call, I get a busy signal -- day or night. I will contact my credit card company to have them refuse payment if I do not receive tickets in the mail today.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I recently 2 purchased tickets to see Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I just printed them out, and saw that they are for seats 102 and 104 in the balcony level. They were not purchased separately, so I do not know why they would not be next to each other. I am hoping that my boyfriend and I are somehow able to sit next to each other.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I attended a concert with my wife recently. We purchased tickets at a VERY hefty price. When we arrived at the venue, and got down to the seating area, we were told by those around us (going through the same issue) that the seats did not exist! (We purchased seats 19 and 20. The seats in the row stopped at 17!). The other fans in our same situation now had to CRAM into the aisle and our "premiere" seats turned into standing room only. My wife has lupus and cannot stand for that long. In short, the entire night was a disaster. The ushers were no help.

On Live Nation's site (Ticket Master's parent company), they explicitly state that Ticketmaster Resale tickets would be refunded in full if the ticket "does not conform to the listing description". I would think arriving to find out your "seat" did not exist would certainly qualify! The total cost was over $2,000.00. Further, their follow up / "customer service" has been dreadful! Several emails stating: can't find a record of your purchase (I provided scans, order numbers, etc), "please give us 7-10 business days to investigate" (sent 3 times, extending this out for 2 weeks each time beyond the promised resolution date), providing a number for a woman named Pam in West Virginia which goes right into her voicemail (and she never called back). According to other online reviews of TM, many others have experienced the same experience with "Pam".

The section in question: Special Refund Provisions Applying to Resale Tickets (note clause 'c'). The following applies only to resale tickets to Illinois events: If you purchase resale tickets to an event located in Illinois, you will receive a refund of the amount you paid for that resale ticket if (a) the ticketed event is canceled (in which case you will not receive a refund of any delivery fees), (b) that ticket does not allow you to enter the ticketed event for reasons that may include, without limitation, that the ticket is counterfeit or that the ticket has been canceled by the issuer due to non-payment, unless the ticket is canceled due to an act or omission by you, (c) that ticket fails to conform to its listing description, or (d) you failed to receive that ticket. This is out and out theft. A complete scam.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Received an e-mail from my local theatre with a special offer on discounted tickets for a upcoming live show. Clicked the link and wound up on the Ticketmaster website. The website showed empty seats side by side in the center of the 1st Balcony of the show venue but would not let me select them. Wound up selecting seats off to the side. Gave my credit information and received a receipt from Ticketmaster for $164.95. A few minutes later I got an e-mail from a company called Ticket Protector-CUMIS saying I purchased ticket insurance for an additional $16. I did not want this insurance and do not know how I got it from Ticketmaster.

Now I am attempting to cancel this insurance with Ticket Protector-Cumis. To put a cherry on top of this bad experience with Ticket Master, I checked my credit card today and found Ticket Master charged me $180.95 which is $16 more than I was shown on the receipt they gave me and Ticket Protector-Cumis is also charging me $16. I will never use the Ticketmaster website again to purchase tickets and I e-mailed my local theatre, who sent me the original e-mail that put me in touch with Ticketmaster, letting them know about all the problems I have experienced with Ticketmaster.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I have had nothing but terrible experiences with Ticketmaster. Spent 150$ on tickets to a show months ago, never received tickets, and was told I could not get a refund. Chargeback on the way. Trash company, Trash Service. What a joke. Abigail ** should be fired. I've gotten nothing but the runaround. I want my money back!

Resolution response: Oct. 27, 2017

Ticketmaster apologized for the mistake and payment was sent.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Ticket FAQ says one thing but when you get to the sell area they ask for more. Ticketmaster FAQ states; How do I sell tickets. "Just click the Sell button in your Order Details to start the easy step-by-step: you'll select only the tickets you want to list, set your price, and enter your debit card or checking account info." But when you get to the sell area they ask you to enter a credit card. It states, "If you sell, X will be used to refund buyer if event is canceled, postponed or rescheduled. If buyer requests a refund for a rescheduled/postponed event (different date or material change in time) or other refunds authorized by Event Provider."

I sold two tickets on 09/23/2017 for a concert that happened on 10/14/2017. Two days later I got a email saying "We couldn't verify your credit card". That's the card they need just in case the event is canceled. I contacted customer service right away. I told them I couldn't replace that card. It was the only one I had. They replied in a email, "If you are unable to input another card the sale will not reverse and the payment will simply be delayed." Now they say they cannot pay me until a new card is entered. Even though the concert happened a week ago. They still demand a new card just in case the event is canceled. It looks like the only way for me to get paid in to apply for a new card.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was online the very second that tickets went on sale only to be told they were sold out. Immediately thereafter those same tickets were listed on StubHub and other ticket sales websites for 10 times the face value. A $500 ticket was $5000 plus... EACH! What a scam! It's a disgrace to the supposedly down home "American family values" that country music tries to imply they cater to. Calling out the CMA to do something!! This has been going on for years. Is someone getting a cut of this money? Is that why nothing changes???

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Since I was taking two children to their very first concert, I wanted it to be special. I spent twice as much as I had originally planned so that we could the front row of the balcony. These seats were designated as front row, and yet when we arrived at the venue, there were box seats in front of us with tall adults lining the railing. It was a sold out show so we could not move. I contacted Ticketmaster first thing the next morning to ask them to address the issue. After all, my children saw none of the show. It was heartbreaking for them in addition to a waste of money.

The rep viewed the online seating plan from which I selected my seats and agreed with me that it showed that these were front row seats, and that no other rows or seats should have been in front of us. He apologized profusely, then transferred me to a supervisor for "a refund." The supervisor left me on hold for 45 minutes and then came back on to say that they would be happy to send a $25 Ticketmaster gift card... To me to make me feel better about the $364 in tickets I purchased based on their fake seating arrangement?! Had I only paid $35 per ticket we could have been down on the main floor with a much better view of the concert stage.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Continually get an error during Ticketmaster *presale* attempted purchase of ticket for any venue using American Express - "Sorry we cant complete your order. American Express has a two order limit for this presale" and I have not attempted any prior purchase and my current attempt is for 2 seats only. Call Ticketmaster customer support who hung up on me. Ticketmaster has significant negative customer experience and customer support issues that need resolving.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I can hardly stand it anymore. Every time I use Ticketmaster it seems amazing to me that such a big corporation cannot get it together. I have trouble with the website every time. Hey Ticketmaster - people have iMac computers, maybe you could sell to them. So I tried my iPad but the App doesn't take gift cards. Why???? So I went to the website on my iPad and bought the tickets, entered my gift card but it didn't take it. Argggh. Btw the gift card was a refund of outrageous service fees paid for spending an entire afternoon buying hockey tickets last March. With service fees that high the service should be exceptional. Too bad we are stuck with using Ticketmaster for a lot of events. It is an awful experience every time.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I was online to purchase tickets as soon as they went on sale. Clicked on 'find tickets' and it proceeded to search. It tells you not to refresh or leave page or you will lose you place in line, so I just waited it out. Seven minutes later a message pops up saying no tickets are available. The only ones you can purchase are top tier VIP packages. They do however have a bunch of their "fan to fan" resale tickets available (apparently from the pre-sale earlier in the week) here is where it gets really sketchy.

Ticketmaster is supposed to be against bots, yet they have nothing in place to prevent them. They allow resale of tickets immediately after purchasing calling it "fan to fan" resale, which is about as far from the truth as you can get. Then, not only do they charge fees for the initial sale of the ticket, but they charge again for the "resale" of the ticket so they can collect even more money. The truth is that they want the bots to buy the tickets and resale them so they can collect fees twice instead of just once.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have bought a concert ticket today from Ticketmaster website. The ticket price was less than $60 but the Ticketmaster service fee for the electronic ticket was $32. This is really outrageous! It is legal ticket scalping.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Don't ever purchase Ticketmaster' pre-sales. They take your purchase and send it through a different company called Ticketstoday. The problem with that is that their policies are completely different so even though you're under the impression you're purchasing through Ticketmaster, whose policy is to send the tickets within 10 to 14 business days, Ticketstoday's policy is to wait until 10 days before the event to send the tickets.

That may be ok for some people but these were a Christmas gift, and the person they're for will need to take the time off 2 weeks in advance, which means I'll have to tell them "Well, I bought you tickets but I don't have them yet." just doesn't have the same effect. I even called Ticketmaster and they said they have no record of my purchase. There was no benefit to me purchasing through the presale. My sister’s tickets were slightly cheaper, still floor seats so just as good, and I purchased on 09/08/17; still don't have my tickets. I got back on for my sister during general sale, purchased hers on 09/15/17 and she got hers in the mail on 09/22/17. Do not purchase through Ticketstoday; or sign up for Ticketmaster presale as the purchase may be sent through to another company and not actually done through Ticketmaster and you could get screwed.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Ordered WWE tix, got the original tix in August. Today, the day before the event, get a duplicate pair of tix with a different price-point. Called customer service and waded through the frustrating as hell IVR prompts only to be informed the rep had no clue and wouldn't look into it. Will likely update this review tomorrow with angrier language when I find out I am driving into town for nothing because TM is a customer service nightmare. My complaint is more with the IVR system than anything. For the love of god, why can't I press zero to get a human. The stupid voice prompts couldn't even understand one sentence they were asking me and I got stuck in an IVR loop asking me the same question over and over again. Please, for the love of all that is humane make them fix that stupid, non-customer-focused IVR system. ZERO should be allowed. Please stop the madness. I doubt I'll ever purchase through overpriced TM again after this.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs