1.06/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1162 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I went onto Ticketmaster's website to purchase tickets to an event. After I put in my credit card information their system popped up a message that said "order timed out, seats will be released to available". I tried to call but the recording said they were all assisting other calls and I could leave a message. No option to hold for the next available associate. I tried the online purchase again and it timed out again. I eventually drove to the venue and purchased the tickets in person (for nearly half the price). A week later while reviewing my credit card statement, I noticed that Ticketmaster had charged my care 3 TIMES! I filed a complaint and they refused to refund the money. I WILL NEVER PURCHASED FROM TICKETMASTER AGAIN!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I purchased 2 tickets to an event mid February. I received one email with tickets to print off. When my March credit card arrived I was double charged. I had to figure out how to find my purchase history and they had charged me for 2 seats in 2 places. I notified them and their reply was basically too late for a refund. That is not how you handle business, that is their error not mine. I certainly did not give my credit card twice.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 16, 2019

A girl messaged me on Twitter about how she has the same seats and so I checked my acc and it said my tickets were canceled. I did a live chat with Ticketmaster 5/9 to cancel my delivery method and change to e-ticket...not to CANCEL MY whole ticket. They canceled it probably around around 2 pm? And I asked the girl when she bought her tickets and she said 2 pm. They haven’t emailed or sent me a refund. If she didn’t message me I probs would have shown up at the concert looking like Boo Boo the Fool. I have stayed up for hours waiting for this ticket drop and finally got it but due to yalls representatives that messed up my order, I AM SUFFERING AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE MY IDOLS.

I at least would like a better seat than originally. I AM EVEN WILLING TO STAND IN THE AISLE ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE MY SEAT WAS A FLOOR SEAT AND WAS REALLY GOOD. This is really disappointing because I liked Ticketmaster when everyone says Ticketmaster is trash...Truly indespicable. What if I had already booked a hotel and airplane to go to Los Angeles for this concert and to have it be canceled?!! I would lose so much money because cancellation fees means I have lost money for what is not even my fault. I have been trying to get in contact with customer service through email and have not gotten a reply. It has been over 48 hours when the Ticketmaster website said it would take around 12 hours for a reply. I can’t even live chat on website anymore because having a ticket “cancelled” revokes it, so I had to call the line many times and the guy on the phone said, “There’s nothing we can do?!”

How would you feel if you waited hours for this ticket launch to see your favorite artist, got your desired ticket (floor, the best), booked a hotel, 2 airplane flights, canceled all your plans to attend and is excited to go to the concert only to find out from someone else (the person who bought the ticket, not even Ticketmaster), that your tickets were canceled?!!! Not only do I have to pay cancellation fees for my hotel, and flight, but also do not receive anything but stress in return, and many complications. The cost is a lot just for ME TO NOT GO TO THE CONCERT AT ALL? AND YOU ARE TELLING ME TO BUY RESALE TICKETS? UNBELIEVABLE. I don’t even need a seat at the concert. I am even willing to stand in the aisle on the floor, but they won’t even let me do that. A friken joke I tell you. I’m so mad because I won’t be able to see BTS and will have to pay cancellation fees and have all of this hassle. They won’t give me a ticket or anything.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Inconvenient, Inconsiderate and Unhelpful. What a joke. These people clearly don't give a damn about anyone. My little sister bought concert tickets for us as a Christmas gift. The show isn't until September but I wanted to plan ahead. It turns out that I can only get into the venue by using my phone as there are no more physical tickets. Not even the option to print them out. Not trying to be a jerk, but taking my business phone into a rock concert does not sound like a good idea. The customer service people clearly didn't care and offered no helpful advice or suggestions. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing anything from this company again. Furthermore, I will make sure to tell my friends and family to avoid Ticketmaster at all costs.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I went to an internet cafe to purchase some Stray Kids tickets for myself and some of my friends. However, once Ticketmaster let fans into the pre-queue they made me wait 1 MINUTE more than when the actual sale started! Even though this number may seem very insignificant, because of this delay we had to wait for 2000+ people to purchase their tickets first (and mind you Pasadena Civic Auditorium holds slightly less than 3,000).

I am very very disappointed because we've been waiting to buy tickets for their first world tour ever since they debuted and we did not do anything wrong putting in the information when attempting to purchase these tickets. I am 100% sure that this was Ticketmaster's fault and that they handled this situation poorly (by selecting random fans and putting them at the back of the queue despite being prepared and early, with fans who tried to get the tickets later). I am INFURIATED and I hope Stray Kids or any other artists won't use this website to handle ticket sales ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: March 1, 2019

I bought Elton John tickets last year for a show on March 15. Found out yesterday that my tickets were stolen and sold. Ticketmaster is only offering a refund. Say they know who stole them but won't release information. Why are the tickets not invalidated and money returned to the 2nd buyer? The tickets are my property and should be returned to me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

So I went on a Pre-Queue at Ticketmaster for BlackPink Tickets and bought the Official Platinum ticket for $720 plus fees which end up totaling to $850. It was pricey, but in my mind since it's a VIP ticket, at least I'll be given some perks and merchandise of my favorite artist. Note: there was a 5 minute counter on the upper right corner of the purchasing page so I wasn't able to get a chance to do my due diligence. Purchasing the ticket was suppose to give me the feeling of satisfaction, somehow I felt a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Somehow, I felt I just got robbed. To make matters worst, after checking back after 2 hours, I discovered Official Platinum is NOT actually a VIP ticket, it is simple seat assigned by Ticketmaster to sell at a Premium price to put SIGNIFICANTLY MORE money in their pockets!! 3 times the amount advertised to be exact!!

The VIP tickets are selling for less at $420 which includes GA tickets, merchandise and a meet and greet and send off to BlackPink, as well as early entry, that is what I am expecting to get for paying $850!! Yes, I paid more than double without all those perks!! I was also shocked to find out that the prices of the tickets are going down by the hour, with more tickets being made available. In fact, the seat beside me was now selling for only $670 and the one in front of me for $470. That's $300 cheaper for a better seat!! I can't believe TICKETMASTER would do something like this. I never had this problem before in other retailers.

I will surely not buy any tickets at Ticketmaster again in the future and will recommend all my friends, family member, Facebook groups and other concert aficionados to NOT buy from Ticketmaster. To add insult to injury, upon checking the event posters, the highest priced ticket was supposed to be the Blink VIP package which was $430, the rest, including the ticket that I just bought should have been only $230 something and less for the rest!! I went online early hoping to score the best ticket at the lowest price, instead it was the total opposite of what transpired. NEVER AGAIN, TICKETMASTER!! Don't even try calling their customer service, they suck!! They don't even deserve a one star to be honest!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Ticketmaster asked, "What is your likelihood of recommending Ticketmaster to a friend, on a scale of 0 to 10?" I answered: "A 50% surcharge is NEVER EVER EVER acceptable. Ticketmaster will ultimately be destroyed by equitable competition." Tickets were listed at $39.50. Cost was $59.50. That, my friends, is ludicrous.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I purchased a concert ticket for the first time through Ticketmaster. I couldn't figure out how to print the ticket so I called their customer service number and got a foreign lady that told me to research it myself and hung up on me. I will not be making big ticket purchases through Ticketmaster.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had two gift cards that expired and wanted to know how the funds can be reinstated on the cards. Ticketmaster explained to me that unclaimed funds are forwarded to New York State's Attorney General's office and can be reinstated to my accounts. I contacted the Attorney General's office in NYS & the Controller's office as well. They explained to me that they receive unclaimed funds in bulk from Ticketmaster, so Ticketmaster needs to request that the gift card funds with all the specific information and forms must come from them. Only Ticketmaster has the power to request NYS with the proper forms to reinstate the funds back to my gift card.

After learning all of this, I spoke with Ticketmaster several times again, and they continued to refer me back to the NYS Attorney General's office to handle, with no explanation. I have no choice but to file a claim against Ticketmaster through the New York State's Attorney General's consumer fraud division. The Ticketmaster organization has no real consumer service department, they just keep "pushing the can down the road", and hoping you'll go away out of frustration. What a horrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Rolling Stones tickets. Thursday Feb 14 10 am presale. I got in right at 10 am. Tickets were advertised at $119. I have pictures they started at $379. So disappointed to hear the scam on the news the next day.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I went to this website to purchase two tickets for a show I wanted to see in April. I found the listing, clicked it, filled out on my information and waited for my confirmation email. Imagine my surprise when the ticket I purchased for Seattle in April ended up being sent to me as a ticket in Georgia for 3 days from now! I contacted their customer service within a minute of purchasing and was on hold for 15 minutes. I explained what happened and was told that since I did not purchase their protection plan(???) that I could not be helped and that they recommend me to SELL THEIR TICKETS ON THEIR OTHER WEBSITE.

I verified that I was on the proper page for Seattle again, and I was. so why was I sent ones for Georgia? I'll never know. After talking to the rep longer, apparently these tickets were also resellers which they offer no refunds on. The page never said they were resellers and I had to go to the depths of their website to see this. I will not use Ticketmaster again.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Many months ago we purchased two tickets for Matthew Bournes Swan Lake at The Birmingham Hippodrome for the evening performance on 7th February 2019. Since at the time of booking I have been undergoing chemotherapy and more recently my 4 hour session happened to fall on the day of the performance.

Having contacted Ticketmaster they stated that their policy was not to take the tickets back in exchange for a future performance date, instead I would have book further tickets and try to sell my existing ones, the current tickets were valued at £51 each x 2. This was I feel a bit risky since the timescale to sell was short.

As such on the day in question we attempted to travel to the venue after 5 hours of chemotherapy but once on the train station platform we felt it too much of a risk to continue due to side effects and decided to return home, missing the performance, which was our concern when trying to change the performance date. We obviously felt aggrieved at this situation and the Ticketmaster policy.

We did, in error, phone Birmingham Hippodrome prior to contacting Ticketmaster who stated their policy being taking tickets back in exchange for a future performance, with a small charge of 7% of tickets costs, which I thought was excellent. Pity Ticketmaster are not so mindful, as I did fully explain my position fully to them. I would be grateful for any response that may be forthcoming from Ticketmaster. My reference was for stalls row N seats N18 and N19 for the 7.20pm performance.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I ordered 2 Monster Jam tickets with the pit pass for my son and husband to go for my son's first time. I had a code from Boy Scouts for free pit pass tickets. I ordered the tickets online, tried to use the code, and the code was not applied and not accepted by Ticketmaster, therefore, I was charged full price for the tickets and pit passes. The pit passes should have been free with the code I was given from scouts. I tried to get a refund, but was also denied a full refund from Ticketmaster. Another scout parent tried the same night and the next day and the code did not work either. When I called into their customer service, I was greeted with an I don't care attitude, no compassion, no professionalism, and too bad I'm sorry. Instead of the tickets costing me $50 for 2 tickets to Monster Jam and the free pit passes, they have now cost me $112.00. I will NOT use Ticketmaster in the future!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Ticket Master seems to be holding a monopoly on a lot of events (especially in the NYC area) where they are the only ticket providers. It has been my experience across many purchases through the years that you simply are committing money to a service that will never stand by you - the customer. The two most vivid examples that come to mind are: 1) Steve Angello concert on NYE a few years back where the venue was either oversold OR the management for Steve Angello likes lines outside, they simply didn't admit the rightful ticket holders in until well after midnight. We just couldn't get in in any reasonable time frame and ticket master had refused to refund us for a ticket they sold us that didn't fulfill its promise.

2) I purchased two tickets to a Broadway show and wanted to switch to the row behind me (I purchased the front row and from pictures it seems the barrier on the mezzanine level would obstruct my view, I'm not tall). I called within minutes of the purchase (around 8:30 a.m. in the morning), but their automated phone response system said they aren't open until 9 a.m. even though they sell tickets 24/7. Calling after 9 a.m. yielded the same exact result where their customer service line would quote their support hours (starting at 9) and would hang up shortly after saying they aren't yet open. This continued until 09:50, at which point I reached out through chat and chat agents refused to assist until I specifically asked for an escalation process. Once I asked for an escalation, somehow the chat agents got the phone line support team to give me a call.

The lady on the phone simply stated that the policy is to never exchange or refund anything that is sold on TicketMaster but because I just purchased they would refund the full ticket price if I preferred that. Once I asked for clarification, they said that they would not refund the service fee (for the service they didn't actually provide) and that they would charge a new service fee when I purchased tickets for the new seats.

Overall, I find this entire process completely ridiculous. These systems and processes should be designed with customer satisfaction in mind and instead, what this massive monopolistic company throws rigid policies at us and they train their human staff to regurgitate them. We all know in 2019 there is no technological barrier preventing a seat change on a completely electronic system and yet TicketMaster is simply refusing to do the right thing for its customers.

Contrary to many other solid businesses, when you engage with TicketMaster chat or phone support, there is no request for a satisfaction survey to collect any feedback from customer either, proving the fact that they simply don't care. At this point, given their lack of care for customers, rigid policies designed to actually shortchange customers, and simply bad technology, I sincerely hope they fail soon and be replaced by the new wave of customer-centric technology and service providers. I would advise all potential customers looking for tickets to avoid them completely if they have the choice.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

If you like paying outlandish prices for tickets this is your place. If you like having your tickets voided two days after purchase this is your place. If you like paying ridiculous handling fees this your place, handling fees for tickets you print yourself. I bought Fleetwood Mac tickets to only get an email two days later saying “you don’t have the tickets you thought you did” and still have a hold on my card after they decided to void my transaction with no reasoning other than that. So good luck. I’ll be glad when these scam artist get shut down. They’re no different than ticket scalpers.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I had a horrible experience from start to finish with Ticketmaster. When I tried to purchase tickets online, the transaction was denied twice. They put a hold on over $500 dollars from my bank account!! For tickets I never received. When I called Ticketmaster, they said the bank would have to release the hold on my funds. I did purchase tickets through them as it is an event I really want to go to, but the rep lied to me. I asked if we would be guaranteed the seats I was paying for and he said yes. Then once he had charged my credit card told me that the seats might not be the same I paid for. This whole process was horrible, took too long, and I DO NOT recommend using their service!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The experience of looking forward to seeing a concert is becoming way too expensive. RESELLERS should not be allowed to increase the price of a ticket to the point of one ticket when the lowest price comes in at $700 - WHAT!! This should be illegal. I have tried to get tickets to see Joe Bonamassa and Mark Knopfler and I would have to shell out between $350-$1500 to see Joe Bonamassa or Mark Knopfler. This is not right, reseller should lose their consumer license to do business because they are shutting your average income earner out of seeing an artist they love. SHAME ON YOU.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I tried to purchase seats for an event via Ticketmaster.com. The website said the selected seats were not available. I then picked another set of seats. Unknown to me Ticketmaster billed me for both sets of tickets even though I never received the 1st pair of tickets. They are denying my request for a refund. Ticketmaster even researched and acknowledged the tickets in question were never used/scanned at the event. The customer service was horrible, no calls back, long wait times, etc.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I attempted 4 times the same day to purchase Elton John tickets and would get to the payment screen and not have the opportunity to enter payment information. I tried again days later because I thought that the site had problems due to high demand and encountered the same problem. I attempted to call Ticketmaster customer service and would only receive an automated response. Over several days I never had the opportunity to contact a live agent. Not only did I give up and miss out, Elton John missed the opportunity to sell tickets.

If the Elton John experience wasn't enough, I tried to purchase Ludacris tickets for my kids. Again I had problems with trying to purchase them through Ticketmaster.com. Finally I received a message "It's not you, it's us" from them and was instructed to click a link to check status. To my surprise the tickets were processed. What if I hadn't clicked the link? What if I tried again and was successful? I cringed because I could have lost my hard earned money because the Ticketmaster site is unreliable and there is no way to speak with a live agent.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

There was a concert to be performed by Nas at the Detroit Symphony Orchestra for March 5, 2019. I tried to purchase tickets Jan 26, 2019 the day that they were supposed to go on sale but as soon as I tried to purchase the tickets all of a sudden the tickets weren't available and yes I too believe that there is a third party purchasing tickets because when you go to StubHub the tickets are there at triple the price.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I purchased tickets to attend a Tyler Perry event. The price of the tickets were very reasonable. However, Ticketmaster fees are ridiculous and absurd. Please do not purchase tickets through the website. It’s best to purchase directly from the box office if possible.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I posted Elton John tickets I had purchased through another service on Ticketmaster as I was invited to a suite. 9 hours before the event Ticketmaster, in their infinite wisdom, pulled my tickets off line and did not notify me. I learned of it by checking to see if they had sold and could not find them listed even though I got a confirmation email from them. I spoke to 6 people over the course of 4 calls and no one would tell me why they were pulled other than "potential fraud". Well guess what, today they called (4 days later) and said the reason why is that my account had been inactive for a long time and a new posting set off a trigger. Again, no one told me and no one is willing to take accountability and refund me my money for their decision. An email or a simple call from them would have remedied this.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Friends bought us Ticketmaster gift cards to the value of £60. The event we wanted to attend came to £66 after fees, delivery processing etc was added. Trying to locate and purchase the tickets on the Ticketmaster website has taken at least 10 years off my life. I have never experienced anything so chronic or frustrating. Decided to phone this morning after 30 minutes of different phone numbers, options and price of call info then waiting waiting waiting... Have decided to consider which people I dislike the most and give them the gift cards! Maybe the 'friends' who gave us the cards have already been through this and passed them on to us!!! Grrrrrrrr! Do yourself a favour and do not have anything to do with Ticketmaster if humanly possible. Just live a good and simple life.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I tried to buy tickets online for the August 6, 2019, Jimmy Buffet concert in Holmdel, Nj. Unfortunately, there was this "bot" nonsense that blockaded my effort, with no way to answer and get past the barrier! Ticketmaster is totally screwed for putting up this stupid barrier online!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased tickets for my father for a concert through Ticketmaster. I had to transfer the tickets to my father who does not have an email address and/or smart phone. I attempted to call Ticketmaster however they have no call waiting function. It simply says all their operators are busy and to phone back. After several days of calling I decided to email. I was very clear that I needed another method to transfer the ticket other than email. The response to my email... a link as to how to transfer the ticket via email.

Despite making my request being made clear on multiple occasions I received two more responses where I was informed to transfer online. On the third attempt they finally sent me another number to call. This automated system was horrendous as well. It took 20 minutes just to reach a person and I had to hold for 10 minutes after I was transferred to an operator. The operator then informed me I should transfer the tickets via email. After much arguing she set the tickets up so that they would be available at Will Call. Or so I hope... as I have since received another email indicating that I should transfer the tickets via email.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

On Feb 9, 2018 I purchased 2 tickets for Elton John through the verified fan presale. The seats were on the floor at the LA Forum, so good seats. I had planned to surprise my gf with these tickets for Christmas and had also bought plane tickets and booked accommodations (we live in Boston). On 12/21/18, I logged on to the Ticketmaster app on my phone and was shocked to discover that the tickets were sold and that I would get paid in 7-10 business days. I had not listed the tickets for sale. I immediately checked my email (I have sold tickets on Ticketmaster before and know that they automatically send an email when you create a listing). There was no such email nor was there a listing of the tickets on the "My Listings" section of the app.

I immediately called Ticketmaster to find out what happened to my tickets and was on the phone for at least 30 mins while they tried to sort things out. They finally told me I had to call their partner company, TicketsNow, because that is who handles the ticket resales. I called them the next day and was told that my case would be sent to their fraud department and that I would be contacted about it after Christmas. I was never contacted and called them again on Thursday, 12/27/18. I was told I could speak directly to the fraud dept but when I was transferred, a message said there was no such number and I was hung up on. Frustrated, I waited a day or two to call back then spoke to somebody again. This person said that they would transfer me to the fraud dept. I explained that the last time the connection did not go through.

They assured me that it would this time and also told me that they would speak directly to someone in the fraud dept and give them my contact info. Needless to say, the call didn't go through nor did I hear from the fraud dept. I called again on 12/31/18 and was finally told that I would get a call sometime on New Year's Day from the seller verification dept. I did get a call and they asked if I'd sold the tickets on a different site. I told them I hadn't. They said all they could do was refund me the cost of the original tickets. When I tried to explain that I had bought these tickets as a surprise for my gf and had planned a vacation around it, they had no sympathy and told me they were sorry but all they could do was give me a refund.

Now Ticketmaster has made a bunch of money from a crook who sold my tickets for way more than what I purchased them for. When I originally saw that the tickets had sold, I also checked Ticketmaster resale and saw my tickets listed for $614.00 each! In order for me to get tickets to the show, I'm going to have to pay almost the same amount as the floor seats to get lousy balcony seats. Ticketmaster/TicketsNow should void the original tickets or refund me the difference to purchase floor seats on their reseller site. As of today, 1/2/19, I have not received a refund. So much for a Christmas surprise... Thanks Ticketmaster, NOT!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We bought tickets to Hootie and the Blowfish and weeks later get email they canceled our tickets. Says we violated one of their terms but no one can tell me what I did wrong. I only bought 3 tickets and it went through on my credit card and few weeks later canceled. Never buy from them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was promised a refund for tickets to a show. They never gave me the refund. Spent many hours on the phone with them trying to resolve this issue. They broke promise after promise and I never did receive the refund. I will never work with this company again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I bought my fiancée tickets to Wicked at the Pantages Theater. It's all she had been wanting for Christmas. I was expecting two full tickets to the theater, what I got was four ripped pieces of paper and still not even a full ticket. BOTH of the tickets are ripped in pieces. Ticketmaster, I will never be using you again for tickets of any kind and I highly recommend you buy your tickets elsewhere. At least anywhere else you will get the full ticket. I need to figure out if I can even get in with the tickets that I have since I was never supplied with the full ticket. The dissatisfaction I felt when I opened the package was indescribable especially when you are spending over $300 on tickets. So, I highly suggest to whoever is considering using them - DO NOT DO IT.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs