Ticketmaster

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

What am I missing? When did scalping become legal? I ordered and PAID Ticketmaster (Secure Tix) for tickets on November 7, 2016 for an event on 2/12/2017. I just received my tickets today (3 days before the event) and they were NOT the seats I ordered, they are on the side. I specifically wanted front facing seats. I called "customer service" and they told me that the seller could not fulfill the order so they "upgraded my tickets" to a closer location. I asked them why they didn't contact me to let me know that the seller could not fulfill my order so that I could cancel and buy different seats and they said "that is not our policy".

I paid $70.00 per ticket for $48.50 seats plus $40.60 service fee, and $14.95 for delivery to Secure Tix. So if they didn't pay the seller, they collected $83.60 plus $14.95 shipping from me on $48 tickets, what a scam. I paid almost $200 for $48 tickets. I would have been cool with that if I got what I paid for. From now on I will call the venue directly and purchase tickets or I will just not go. I used to use them all the time, what happened? No more Ticketmaster.

More evidence that Ticketmaster/Live Nation is involved in ticket scalping. My experience with the recent Seattle U2 Ticketmaster buying experience mirrors others on this website. Myself being online - at the open, registered, system ready to accept cookies, etc, etc. T/LN's system informs me no tickets available within minutes. Boatloads of resale tickets are available however, listed screen left, on the Ticketmaster website. I filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's Office. I received standing. T/LN responded with the usual BS. Their response avoids the issue of scalping resales altogether.

What we need is a citizens' movement blocking public funding for the venues that these events are being held in. If the public is called upon to guarantee bonds, pay for the necessary infrastructure and finally suffer the traffic inconvenience that building or remodeling stadiums entails, then the people deserve an orderly and honest system of purchasing the tickets necessary for attendance. Further, the voting public is entitled to a political class that aggressively follows up on complaints of obvious end runs around anti-scalping laws.

This morning we logged on to purchase tickets to an event that went on sale at 9 am. 845 we sat at 2 different computers to ensure we'd get tickets. The screen refreshes at 9 am and immediately we're told no tickets are available. But aren't we "lucky" because Ticketmaster has an official partner called "Get Me In" which gave me the delight of being able to pay almost £300 for 2x £50 tickets. Not to mention the nearly £50 processing fee, and the £10 for delivery. Now, I realize I'm being ripped off at every step of this process, but £10 delivery for 2x tickets? That's a joke. I can ship an entire box of trinkets and gifts to family in the United States for around £15. I'm shocked and find this disgusting. Obviously, Ticketmaster gives a lump of its own tickets to its OWN site so it can overcharge us for these tickets.

I do not understand firstly how all the tickets are gone within literally a second, or how they're legally allowed to basically SCALP tickets to us from the same company. I am disgusted, can't believe the treatment. If they weren't the only way to get tickets, I'd love to get them elsewhere. Ticketmaster is disgusting. Deliberate rip-off. I don't understand how in 2017 companies can still get away with all this rip off rubbish. Shame on you, Ticketmaster.

My wife and I purchased tickets to the Journey concert in Tulsa, OK. We searched for our tickets and the resale list popped up more prominently than anything else on the page. We purchased these tickets, not knowing they were resale (until after the fact) and were charged double what the tickets normally sell for, and are still on sale for. I would like to call out Ticketmaster for not making it more clear about what is an official ticket and what is a "resale" ticket and not warning us that these were a resale product, and could be more than face value. Of course, none of their policies apply to resale tickets so we are out $45 bucks down the drain. Will not purchase tickets through this company again if I can avoid it.

What is the point of two different fees? The service fee and the processing fee. The service fee makes sense. We are paying for Ticketmaster's service but isn't processing the tickets part of that service? Or am I missing something here. In a few years from now are we going to have to pay an "ink fee" for tickets that are printed and mailed to us? I advise everyone to only use Ticketmaster if they absolutely have to. Until they remove this nonsensical imaginary fee, they are essentially robbing consumers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

I bought two tickets at the wrong venue in a different city. The venue had the exact same name as the venue in my city. I called Ticketmaster almost immediately and asked them to give me an even exchange for the two tickets for the same group at the wrong theater with the same group at my theater and Ticketmaster said no. Ticketmaster is a rip-off & I'll never use them again even if that means missing concerts. Ticketmaster makes millions, and wouldn't have lost one cent letting me have an even exchange. Their agents were rude and indifferent. Don't use Ticketmaster if you can help it, and if you do, don't buy insurance with Allianz because they are useless, and won't lift a finger to refund your money. Ticketmaster & Allianz are a team of crooks. Buyer beware!

Where to begin? I had the misfortune of using Ticketmaster to purchase U2 tickets, and I wish I would have read some of the reviews prior to doing so. Tickets went on sale at 10 am sharp and I found myself at my computer at exactly that time feverishly selecting sections on the arena map hoping to get a pair of tickets for this hyped show. As time passed Ticketmaster said that other fans had beat me to tickets in that section and I quickly moved on to the next section again searching for a pair of the "best available" seats in that section. That was a mistake. As it turns out when I finally did get seats, 3 instead of 2 as I had requested, they were over $500 a seat. With Ticketmaster's additional $84 fee per seat my bill was in excess of $1600. Wow.

Ticketmaster has a policy that they will refund your purchase price for your tickets within 72 hours of your initial purchase which I did try to do later that evening. After being on hold in excess of 30 minutes the rather rude person on the other end of the phone informed me that I had purchased "resale" tickets and that their refund policy did not apply to resale tickets. I asked him how it was possible to purchase resale tickets within the first ten minutes of ticket sales. Who could possibly buy tickets in the first 5 minutes and then put them back up for resale at double the price so some unsuspecting sucker (me) would purchase them. The whole thing smacks me in the face with an undercurrent of dishonesty and corruption. What a monopoly scam this company is.

Please be wary when purchasing anything from this company and most certainly never ever select "best available seat" when ordering tickets. In fact I have found resale tickets on this site at a fraction of the cost that I paid for my "best available seats" that I scooped up during the frenzy of my initial purchase. Can U2 and other artists seriously condone this kind of abhorrent behaviour? Ticketmaster you stink!

After watching the timer count to zero and page refreshed I was disheartened to see there were no tickets available for the event. It was physically impossible for all tickets to have been sold in a matter of seconds. I was advised to go to a sister site where resellers sold them at extortionate prices (I did purchase one). Ticketmaster should not publically advertise tickets release date knowing full well that the only plausible way for customers to purchase said tickets is to go through resellers where you've sold them off in bulk to larger companies. Concert tickets should be for consumers and not corporates! :(

I attempted to purchase Katt Williams tickets online on Ticketmaster.com for an event that is scheduled to take place on January 21, 2017 and was unable to do so from any of my personal devices. I attributed this issue to not being on an actual computer. I then tried to purchase tickets from my work computer and still was unable to do so. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes to speak to a representative, I purchased tickets on December 27, 2016 for my 10th Anniversary on January 19, 2017. I chose to have my tickets delivered to me through an email so that I could print the tickets and present them to my husband as his gift. The day before my anniversary I went to the email that I believed contained my tickets and found that there was nothing attached.

I called them again to try and get them to send me an email with the tickets attached. The representative told me that my tickets would be sent to me through an attachment on the January 19, 2017. Therefore I was unable to present the tickets to my husband on the day of our anniversary and still was unable to present them to him on the 19th because the tickets would not be released until exactly 48 hours prior to the event. This is unacceptable because I have purchased tickets through other websites that sent me my tickets immediately and I was able to print them immediately. I am unable to print them from my home because I will not be home when the tickets supposedly get to me.

I will say that the customer service representative that I yelled at on January 19th remained very calm and offered to have my tickets issued to me at Will Call free of charge and supposedly refunded me $35 which I am assuming were the fees associated with purchasing the tickets with them. We will see if those tickets are at Will Call or if I ever receive the refund. Oh and to top it off, the Ticketmaster website does not allow me to print a receipt but obviously there are ways to capture the image of the confirmation.

I purchased two tickets for a hockey game via Ticketmaster. I received the incorrect tickets and they would NOT change to correct tickets, or refund my money. Customer service is not helpful and downright rude!! Now I'm stuck trying to unload two tickets I can't use.

Worst experience EVERY SINGLE TIME you log on to this stupid website. Somebody please come up with an alternative to take this monopoly out. They give you fuzzy pictures from other countries to click on like idiots to "battle the bots". I'M LOGGED IN TO MY TICKETMASTER ACCOUNT, I'M NOT A BOT. And then it just loads and loads and loads "Searching... Sit tight" and you don't want to refresh the page to "lose your spot" but you know something has obviously not worked properly. Meanwhile SOMEHOW scalpers have managed to order tickets already and put them up on eBay or Stubhub before you even get an option at seats. Pay these stupid presale fees and for what? FOR NOTHING. No surprise that it's rated one star by others too. I wish I could just go and wait in line somewhere for tickets. Instead Ticketmaster and eBay get richer and richer off of our dime.

Ticketmaster never ceases to amaze with its poor service. Unfortunately, for the tickets I bought, I could only get these through it. Bought resale tickets, which on its site clearly said instant email download. Then I got several emails from Ticketmaster that the tickets were available, and event reminders. So I tried to print them, but could not. Phoned and went through what has become the standard delay tactics by bad companies who hope you will give up and go away. Rep said "oh, they are resale tickets" (which seemed to suggest that meant something, but he later said it was not relevant). He then said the tickets could not be printed until 48 hours before the event. He said that is to protect against scalping. That's rich, given that is exactly what Ticketmaster did to sell me the tickets.

Also, the website allows me to transfer or sell the tickets, which means I could "scalp" them, but I cannot print them until just before the event. I will be out of town to see the event, and thus it will be difficult to print them out just before the event. The rep just kept repeating nonsensical statements about how all of this was for my benefit. Shameful, but it's a company that doesn't care, and has no shame.

Christmas time 2016, we flew to Las Vegas. On the 28th of Dec. 2016, We bought 5 tickets for Eiffel Tower Experience at Paris Las Vegas. The tickets are listed for the night show of 29th Dec. 2016, we chose for eTicket delivery. Yet no eTickets were delivered. In the afternoon of 29th, I logged onto the Ticketmaster website trying to print my tickets. However it listed as past event and as a result I could not print out any tickets. I called Ticketmaster. After nearly one hour phone call, I was told the event agency communicated the wrong timing information and as a result it was listed as past, even though at the time of the phone call, the event is actually still ongoing, however Ticketmaster was not able to re-list it as on-going because of technical reasons. I was promised to get a refund.

On the 4th of Jan. 2017, I called Ticketmaster and was told they have sent a refund request to the event agency and cannot guarantee to refund me. On the 6th of Jan 2017, I again called Ticketmaster (after one corporate person left a message). The person was very impatient and condescending and did not appear to be aware of anything regarding this matter. She stated the ticket was valid for a year (which is completely not true). I spent another half hour on the phone explaining the whole situation.

In short, this is what went wrong with Ticketmaster: 1) Bad/no communication. There is no email sent after the purchase, no email acknowledging any of the communications/phone calls; There seems to be a lack of internal communication too. As a result, I have to explain the whole situation each time; the communication between Ticketmaster and the various agencies on whose behalf ticket master sells ticket is also very flawed, which caused the situation. 2) Denial of the multiple mistakes on their side. Each time, somebody would blame someone else, the agency, the customer... 3) Refusal/Reluctance of refund. Because of the various mistakes Ticketmaster makes, not only did I not get to go the event as planned, but I also had to spend hours on the phone trying to get a refund.

As of now, I have still yet to hear from Ticketmaster as for the refund request. As of our Vegas experience, we had to scrap our plan for that night after spending our precious time on the phone with Ticketmaster representative. Conclusion: Never use Ticketmaster again. You may spend money on tickets that Ticketmaster have no accurate information about and you will have to spend hours trying to get your money back for an event you cannot even go to.

I bought tickets from their website and instead of allowing me to choose my tickets, they chose them for me and I was not able to sit by the aisle for my mother who is claustrophobic. You are only able to see the seat information AFTER you put in your credit card information. Totally deceitful, unfair and unreasonable and said their resale tickets are posted by private and confidential owners and so I asked them to contact directly since I purchased from their website and they should assist or guarantee the satisfaction of the purchase. They would not even attempt to contact them to explain the situation and move our tickets only 4 seats down.

Ditto to everyone else's complaints on resale tickets. Purchased tickets and they were switched to a higher level. Called customer service and she admitted if you change tickets and hot refresh new tickets populate to purchase. What a scam. Paid $58.00 for a $20.00 ticket in nosebleed section. The ones who lose are the kids who wanted to see the Monster Jam up close. Placed on hold when asked to speak to a manager and never transferred. Shame on this company. Like other disappointed customers will share this story everywhere I can. Signed another good consumer getting screwed.

In a perfect example of no good deed going unpunished, I tried to buy five tickets for my out-of-state family to attend the Alamo Bowl this year. I'm not going to attend, but I wanted them to have great seats near other fans of our team. The online "map" to buy tickets was pretty wonky and kept stalling, so I downloaded and used the App for my phone. I found a great set of seats, all sitting together in the upper club section (perfect for my 78-year-old mother). Going back and forth between my computer and the App, I confirmed that these seats were the best deal I could find and would put my family squarely on the PAC-12 side of the field (our team side). The "map" on my laptop was horrible at updating, so I chose to buy the tickets on the App.

Important note: at no time did I ever click (to open) on any section of seats on the other side of the field or stadium: why would I? That's where the BIG-12 side of the field is. Ok. So I selected the club level seats on our side (clicked on the correct seats in that section), and reviewed the price (and "service charge") and purchased them! Great. I was so happy. I sent my family the good news. We were all thrilled - for 2 minutes. When I received the confirmation email, the section where the seats were was completely different from where I had been looking - and right in the middle of the BIG-12 side of the field. I IMMEDIATELY called Ticketmaster, assuming they could just cancel the transaction (as it had only been a few minutes), and I could repurchase the tickets I thought I was purchasing.

Apparently, that is impossible! In order to achieve such a reasonable result, I would have to prove that their computer system made a mistake and not me. (Interesting shift of the burden of proof.) I demanded to talk to a supervisor, who discussed the matter with me and told me he would call me back when he got a "report" from the system on my transaction. I insisted that he call me back within the hour so I could deal with the transaction with my credit card company if I needed to. (All of this was after an hour on the phone and being on-hold in between being transferred around.) While I waited, I called my credit card company to discuss my options, as clearly this was not what I intended to purchase. (Short version: I can dispute the charge, but that will take 30 days, and the tickets are for an event in 14 days.)

So. The Ticketmaster "supervisor" did not CALL back. Instead, he somehow "sent" a voicemail (which never rang on my phone) saying that the "report" indicated that I had always been in the section in which the tickets I received are located. If I want to discuss the matter, please call back - to the main, root line - not even to his extension or department. Fascinating, considering that I never opened that section, or even that side of the stadium. Why would I? If their App is so touchy as to create that possibility (without me having any idea that was what was going on), perhaps the problem is with their system. This thought reminded me of the first question I was asked by "customer service": did you see an error message or have a problem with your order? Funny. You'd have thought they might have debugged that system before setting it in motion with real money and consequences.

$817 worth of tickets. My Christmas present to my out-of-state family members! To be clear, I am not a computer neophyte: I spent the first part of my career developing and writing computer software/code, so I understand how to move around a screen and properly point-and-click - complicated as that might be with an App (website) like this one. Oh. The "supervisor" also mentioned (on the unreturnable voicemail) that maybe I can re-sell the wrong tickets to someone else on the site. So. I looked into that. Funny thing about that: once you "own" the tickets, Ticketmaster charges you an additional "service" charge to sell them, which gets added onto the ticket price, ensuring that the price for YOUR tickets are now more than other tickets in the same area (unless you choose to take a substantial loss on your "sale" price). This is assuming anyone buys the tickets in an area that is not optimal viewing.

Mind you, this is - apparently - the ONLY way to buy tickets for this event, which is why the company does not seem to care one iota about the slew of horrible reviews on sites like Yelp. I'll make sure to reiterate my experience on as many review sites as I can find. Apparently, that is my only recourse. Now, unless I find another sucker to buy my tickets, my family will now be standing in row 11 of the end-zone, in the midst of the other teams fans during the bowl game they have been waiting 10 long years (yes, we are CU fans!) to see, when they should have had a wonderful view from the Club Level on our side of the field. Welcome to modern capitalism. I did not attempt to do this on the cheap. I paid full price, and I got fully screwed!

Ticketmaster are allowing people to sell ticket at any price they want because they label it as platinum ticket. I ended up buying these platinum ticket online @ 175 each & didn't know they come with no perks. I called to find out that there were no perks with these tickets. But they have standard tickets in the same section same & same row that can be bought @ $60. They say these tickets are not resale ticket but are selling at resale prices. Very disappointing as a customer.

DO NOT PURCHASE RESALE TICKETS FROM Ticketmaster!!! I just bought two tickets to the Dierks Bentley concert for my wife on February 3rd, 2017 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta at an (unknowingly) over inflated price! After realizing this, I looked up their refund policy on their website which said 72 hours (so I thought)... I called Ticketmaster for a refund. After spending two hours on the phone with them, I am forced to take the hit for double what they are worth!!!

Their excuse is that the tickets are non-refundable because they are seller to seller... My only option is to relist the tickets on THEIR website in hopes that someone will purchase them... Here's the kicker... When the person before me listed them, they (Ticketmaster) added an extra amount per ticket for their "fees"... When I relisted them, they also added a $70 fee PER TICKET... So now they are making $140 plus what they charged the person before me off of the AUTOMATED transactions from their website... Seller to seller yet they have made probably $140 off the person I ended up buying them from, and another $140 off me... Crooks!!! No empathy whatsoever from them... If you are in the market for any tickets to an event, DO NOT use Ticketmaster resale!!! You are better off going with StubHub Canada... At least they are transparent with their prices and policies and won't bend you over...

I purchased four tickets through TicketExchange by Ticketmaster for a Winnipeg Jets VS New York Rangers hockey game. I assumed I was paying face value for these tickets which ended up costing me well over $800. Only when I finally opened my e-mail from Ticketmaster in order to print off my tickets did I find out that face value for these tickets was $129 each. On top of the $50 mark up there was a ridiculous $130 service fee (who knows what that's for). In the end I essentially got ripped off for over $250. Had I known they are able to mark up resold tickets as well as charge you a bogus service fee, I would have avoided Ticketmaster all together. I strongly advise not using TicketExchange by Ticketmaster. Only people on classified sites like Kijiji and people reselling on social media will get my business from now on. Hugely disappointed.

I purchased a ticket for Mariah Carey: All I Want for Christmas Is You and I inadvertently bought the ticket for the wrong date. I have been trying to get someone to change the ticket date for the correct date and no one gets back to me. I also tried to cancel the order but you can't. I will never use Ticketmaster again for anything.

Because of so much identity theft, the process can be time-consuming. The process was done online. It took 30 or longer to purchase tickets. Identity theft have made the simple things complex. They take great effort in protection their patrons assets.

I was on hold for almost 2 hours and then had to leave. Never did get through. Their system crashed due to so many people trying to get tickets at the same time and it just left us hanging to wait to try and get tickets with no explanation. When the system locks up due to too many people trying to get tickets at one time instead of just let people hanging for literally hours, you need to have some type of warning come up stating system has crashed.

Purchased tickets for Paul McCartney for two people handicapped for $250 plus $40 for front row floor seats. Went to the venue and the tickets we picked up at the office wasn't the seats I purchased, they were far from front row and weren't even on the floor. I then complained at the venue and was told to contact Ticketmaster. Contacted Ticketmaster and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Contacted The BBB and free MONTHS of trying to solve the problem they said they couldn't help me cause Ticketmaster doesn't belong to their company. Be aware when purchasing tickets through Ticketmaster.

The website isn't easy to use. It could use an update. Search for tickets, find right event date, time, place; then you enter how many tickets and type. Then click to prove you're not a robot and then try to figure out the map to see where you'll be sitting or standing before the timer runs out. Purchase tickets putting in email, credit card, name, and address before timer goes off. Or you have to search for tickets again. I wish the site was easier to use.

Ticketmaster has never been a problem for me that is why I continue to use them. I order my tickets online and they come in the mail or I print them off right then. I don't go to a lot of shows but when I do I use Ticketmaster. I find it is very easy to order and get tickets with them. I have never had a problem.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone today trying to get a simple receipt for an order I placed last week for over $250... still waiting to receive it. Hopefully they get the email correct this time. Highly do NOT recommend this company. If you have to order through them - order online, as the agents are completely useless.

After 40 minutes of screwing around trying to get into my account to buy concert tickets for Eric Church the best available are nose bleeds. Couldn't even get them off full website because it was jammed up. They will never have to worry about someone hacking them and crashing their site because they have done a pretty good job on their own.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Finally, after 10 or so email exchanges, the issue could get resolved.

Anette of Somerville, MA on

Original Review

I have recently purchased tickets and contacted Ticketmaster immediately afterwards in order to change the tickets for the following day (December 10th). Ever since, I am in contact with Customer Care: they are telling me that the tickets were exchanged and that I have access to them. As of yesterday, they are telling me that I had actually printed the, But there was never any print option, except for the receipt. Here is Customer Care's response: "Thank you for reaching out to us. Glad to assist you today! Sorry to hear of your troubles with printing your exchanged tickets. We checked your account and order, we see that you were finally able to print on November 11, 2016. We hope you enjoy the show." Here is my response to it: "I am sorry, but where did you see that I could print any tickets on November 11th???" I COULDN'T!!!

Again, I am attaching screenshots just taken now. Please look at them carefully. There is ONLY a "print receipt" option when I log into the www ticketmaster webpage. No "print tickets" option anywhere to be found. And, again, if I am using the app (please look at the first screenshot) on my phone: the ticket order has been canceled by you and not exchanged. I give you one more shot at fixing this, then I will have to cancel these virtual tickets that are not accessible to me, and hence worthless to me."

I had to give 1 star because there's no option for no stars. I ordered tickets to TobyMac with extra $10 for parking pass. No pass was in my package. First they tell me that they don't do that, then she said it's there ready to print. They told me I could pay again and get pass which I wouldn't do because already paid. Then they asked for order number and when I gave it, the next email from them said I gave wrong number, which I reviewed my email and had given correct number. Many back and forth emails stating different information every time.

You'd think a lucrative company would just issue the pass especially since I paid almost $200. They offended me, talked down to me and each email from different employees gave information that contradict the prior one. This company must've gotten too big since they have so many bad reviews. Someone high up needs to see what's happening in customer service. I mean just look at how many people they've done wrong. I will never use them again. I'll even pay extra if I have to. I have a lot of money so it's not about the ten bucks, it's the principle. I have string of emails should management needs them.

Ticketmaster is the worst 3rd party ever and the Al Hirschfeld Theatre agreed that I should never use Ticketmaster again... which I WON'T. I am so disgusted that Ticketmaster purged my order so that NO ONE can help me exchange my tickets. There was a snow storm on January 24th, 2016 at 2PM (EST) and Ticketmaster guaranteed (ALL OVER THEIR WEBSITE) that I could exchange my tickets due to the storm within 12 months of the show's date.

Well - Ticketmaster is a bunch of liars and I am disgusted by your customer service and by the company. I will NEVER EVER order anything through Ticketmaster again. I am posting this on Yelp and having my friend who has 200K followers put this on Instagram. This is an outrage. I followed all directions and went to the box office and they couldn't even help because TICKETMASTER PURGED MY ORDER. The next step is for me to dispute the charge on my credit card, because I am not paying for this.

Compare Ticket Websites