1.12/5
Based on 117 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1073 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

I've been a fan of Twenty One Pilots for many years and when they announced their new tour I immediately opened the Ticketmaster website and watched the timer go shift from days to minutes. I was redirected to purchase the tickets because I received a pre-sale code and when I purchased my general admission tickets, Ticketmaster swapped them for seats on the top balcony in the stadium all the way in the back. After trying to contact them for over an hour, I was told there was "nothing they could do about it". I called the next day and they instead said that I had "two choices; to exchange the tickets the day the general on sale comes or get a refund on the tickets entirely".

The next day I called again and another person told me I was "required to purchase another ticket in addition to the order". I called again that same day and someone else told me that was "untrue and it's required to pay another $10 per ticket on top of the already over $300 purchase. Today I called them and they said "no refunds are provided and there is no exchange available". After yelling at the manager he barely agreed to cancel my order and told me I would get my money back in over a week. Never, ever, ever using Ticketmaster again. I can't see my idols perform because I don't have a lot of money and Ticketmaster messed up my order and almost left me with empty pockets and left me with no tickets to attend a concert that I have been waiting for since the past year. Please don't trust these people. Don't use their website. Don't use this platform unless you want to be manipulated and mistreated.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Sign up to get early access for tickets because you're a real fan! Yea right, they only open certain sections of tickets are there are already people reselling them for 4x the price! If you can only buy 4 per person then how are their whole rows being resold! Ticketmaster is the lowest of low, and doesn't give a crap about fans.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 11, 2018

I paid over $1,000. for two VIP tickets for Skynyrd. Only because it was the farewell tour and I've been a fan since I was a teenager. We're suppose to receive the two tickets and they "fanbeat" was suppose to mail us memorabilia... to this date have not received it and probably never will. Then they send us an email stating "we're not allowed to ask for an autograph"... Um, what's the purpose of a meet & greet??? This company is such a scam artist and someone needs to start a class action lawsuit. Never again. I've learned that Ticketmaster has loopholes and the consumer gets screwed.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Purchased a ticket yesterday that was listed at $24.00. When I got the email with receipt, I noticed the total was $42.00. A total of $18.00 on hidden fees. Tried to find a way to contact them to cancel the order but when I emailed them, I got a message letting me know that they will contact me within three business days which is useless as the event is today. My advice, go directly to the event venue for tickets and STAY AWAY FROM TICKETMASTER. It’s a total RIPOFF.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I order one ticket for the Jay-Z and Beyonce OTR II tour when they open the second date for the Atlanta. On 06/27/18 I went on to Ticketmaster to see that they open a 2 new section Club Carter VIP and just a regular Club Carter. So I called in to upgrade my seats to the regular Club Carter. I spoke with a total of 6 people 5 being Ticketmaster reps. The first rep told me that I could only upgrade my ticket online, I knew that was wrong because online it says I would have to call in. So I ended the call and call back in and got another rep. I was on hold with her for 30 mins. She kept checking back in saying that she was trying to grab the tickets. The last time that she checked she told me that she couldn't get the ticket and she didn't understand why she couldn't get it for me and for me to call back later to see if the next rep can get it.

I called back in and the next rep said the same as the previous rep but she told me I would have to call Live Nation to do the upgrade or get a refund. She gave me the number and I called, turns out that she gave me the wrong dept number. So I got the correct and I spoke with the rep from Live Nation and she told me that she didn't understand what Ticketmaster told me to call. They are only handling the VIP section. She told me to call back and ask to speak to the supervisor and not let them transfer me to the VIP department because it's nothing they can do. I called back into Ticketmaster and spoke with a guy and he act as if he didn't care at all to what I was saying when I said that I would like a refund. He says I couldn't get one to just resale the ticket back on Ticketmaster.

I ask to speak to his supervisor and transfer me to him. Supervisor gets on the phone and I had to tell him everything over for the 6th time. Only for him to tell me he couldn't do it however he say if the rep told me that I could get a refund then they will have to give it back. He ask what rep said. I told him. I gave him a call back number and he said they will playback the call and they will give me a callback. I've never received a callback from anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: June 28, 2018

Dealing with Ticketmaster was a waste of time. Calling their "customer service" with an ticketing issue was useless. Their reps on the phone were totally unhelpful. They seemed to just want to end the call. There was clearly no interest in resolving ticketing issues. Their second level strategy seemed to be to put the call on lengthy holds. If you need event tickets, I recommend avoiding Ticketmaster if at all possible. If you can, buy at the box office or through StubHub or other online brokers; that's definitely the way to go. Be warned, with Ticketmaster, when there was an issue, they made it clear to me that they had no interest whatsoever in resolving it. Fortunately, there are no other ticket alternatives.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I bought tickets for a concert in Seattle... and sold 3 of them thru Ticketmaster thinking it would be the best way without getting ripped off. BIG MISTAKE. It has taken weeks... and about 6 DIFFERENT customer service people to figure out this problem. It was supposed to be as simple as entering your information to be credited... but none of them could figure out what the problem is. I even sent them two credit cards and a voided cheque to deposit the money. 7 people later, they decide they will just mail me a cheque. NEVER EVER again will I sell on Ticketmaster. StubHub all the way baby!

Original review: June 13, 2018

As a veteran, I am a member of VetTix, an organization that offers free tickets for numerous events at various venues for a very minimal handling fee. Normally the tickets are available on a box office will call basis or a print at home basis. This past week I obtained tickets for an Arizona Diamondback baseball game. The offer was processed through Ticketmaster. I received an email from Ticketmaster that basically said that the tickets would only be available online, non-printable, by showing a barcode on your cell phone at the entrance gate. Last night we arrived at the ballpark, I opened the email and when I clicked on the "Claim your tickets" image the screen went blank. Panic! I attempted to call Ticketmaster and after struggling through their "automated" system finally got to the talk to an agent standpoint - and was told there was a 15 minute estimated wait time!

Now let me digress a minute to elaborate on the situation. I am an 82 year old Korean War veteran and had invited my niece and her boyfriend who were visiting us from out of state for the day, along with my daughter to the game. I consider myself fairly computer savvy but confess to having difficulty with my cell phone at times. My daughter took over at this time and managed to get an agent immediately. But the agent wanted the last four digits of the credit card that had been used and the phone number that had been used along with the order number. However, we had not used a credit card or phone number with Ticketmaster as our transaction had been with VetTix. The agent therefore could not help us.

We eventually met with a customer representative from the Arizona Diamondbacks who using the Ticketmaster order number, that we had, was able to print the tickets. She told us that Ticketmaster was attempting to go further paperless and yes, they were having problems with their new system. This is not widely divulged and is of no help to the people who have this problem, especially if you are not computer savvy.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Ticketmaster is the WORST!!! I have never had a problem ordering tickets before... until this week. I tried using the Pre-Offer code to get tickets one day in advance. I picked my ticket, submitted my payment method, declined the insurance... but could not make a payment for the ticket. The green box would never unlock. I called Ticketmaster three times and no one could understand what the issue was. So I figured I had to wait until 10 am the next day when tickets officially went on sale. I literally started looking for tickets at 10 am.

This time though, I couldn't even see the tickets. There was an error with the website. I called the actual venue the event was being held in. They wouldn't even accept tickets sales via phone. You had to come in person to the box office to purchase tickets. (I live 45 minutes away). I have been trying ALL DAY LONG to purchase tickets online through Ticketmaster with the same exact problem I had the day before. It is the most ridiculous experience I have been through. Not a fan of Ticketmaster... AT ALL!!!

Original review: May 26, 2018

First of all, I closed the window on the computer immediately when I walked back in the room, and it all shut before appearing to have processed anything at all - however, that is not the case, I have been charged and I’m disappointed. Unfortunately my info had been entered and saved previously for purchasing tickets and as I was looking up options for purchasing tickets (in the middle of the night which is often the only times we parents can get to such matters) to surprise one of my children for their birthday this summer - I had a child who had a bad dream get up in the night (not unusual if any of you are parents).

The child thought they were helping me by completing the order when I had gone in the other room and they heard me saying I was in the middle of something and had wanted to finish it. Isn’t it illegal for young children to buy such items, order things online, buy stuff with credit cards, etc. all I asked for was a simple uncomplicated refund. I called immediately and multiple times the next day after it happened, as well as emailing them and they are busy and cannot help.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We purchased Lion King tickets as a Christmas present. Our tickets were for a Sunday evening performance. This performance ended up being canceled because of "scheduling conflicts" and was replaced with a Thursday afternoon performance. We were NOT notified at the time this was done. We learned after the fact that this change was made in February for a May performance. If we had been notified at the time this happened, we would have had time to rearrange plans. Instead we were notified the day before the performance. Most people cannot attend a Thursday afternoon performance with a day's notice. And if we had overlooked the email for even 1 day, it would have been too late to do anything at all about it.

We ended up taking a refund. Rescheduling at that point involved an expensive change fee (which in my opinion should have been waived) and available tickets were too expensive, plus the impossible task of rearranging plans at the last minute especially when out of town travel was involved. We are very disappointed with this approach for handling canceled events. It is hard to understand why a company would think this is an acceptable customer service practice.

Original review: May 18, 2018

From the purchase process on the Ticketmaster site: "If you can't attend this event for any number of reasons like covered illness, airline delays, traffic accidents, if you are required to work, and more, you'll be reimbursed for this purchase." This is a complete fabrication and lie. If you are required to work, your claim will be rejected by the insurance company they use, Allianz - even in appeal. And the only thing Ticketmaster will do (over and over) - besides not answer their phone - is to apologize for the "misunderstanding" and recommend you call Allianz. I made the insurance purchase based on exactly what they say above and I am not out over $400 with no recourse other than this. Which I will do far and wide. Way to go Ticketmaster!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I bought event tickets for a music concert via Ticketmaster. Firstly, for an FV of $375 tickets their service charge is $85! So the total cost to me was $460. Second, I am checking the event line up a week before and the artist is not performing anymore. They refused a refund claiming 'line-up subject to change'. Good CYA and screw the customer line! If you change your part of the contract, why should I be held to pay a hefty amount for seeing people I am not interested in seeing? Absolutely unfair practice.

Original review: May 13, 2018

May 10th, one week before the show I added my credit card information and selected (2) tickets for Kenny Chesney. Website started to "Verify" then a message popped up "your tickets were purchased by someone else, RETRY". I attempted again in same section and same message, "your tickets were purchased by someone else, RETRY". I gave it one more try and the transaction went through. I received a confirmation email and all was good! NOT. I checked my credit card account 2 days later and all three transactions were on my statement! I called Ticketmaster and they told me they could not help because it was "Resale Tickets"!!! Called credit card company and disputed this rip off charge! Has anyone had this happen to them... This is a scam and they need to own up to it...

Original review: May 3, 2018

Twice, on two separate occasions, I have been charged by TICKETMASTER for initial online orders, without them initially producing tickets. When I have called them, both times, they admit that it's money pending against my account, and for me to get the tickets, I would need to do a re-purchase... so, I would get my tickets, BUT when I pay the second time, and then, after two-three weeks, the initial purchase money would eventually come back out of pending.

I don't have the money or the patience for this overcharging and poor business and fraudulent practices like this and don't know how TICKETMASTER gets away with it, considering all the regulations out there. With the money being placed in pending, and then, in ordering again, this company is putting the customer out of double the initial purchase price on the upfront expected cost and at their leisure, releasing the money back - why??? I am not sure what kind of game is being played here but I hope like hell you get caught, and I hope other people read this in my fair warning, you'll be out of double the money for a while, and I promise you I will never use your company, ever again.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I noticed on my bank account that there was a $1,164 charge from Ticketmaster. Which cleaned my bank account out of my Social Security check. I called the bank first and told me to call them. I called Ticketmaster. After waiting 10 minutes on the phone listening to deafening music I was connected with a real person. They told me it wasn't their department and they connected to me the resell department. Apparently anyone can sell tickets they ordered from them and don't want. The person on the phone said there are no refunds from that department. I told them I never ordered them in the first place.

He gave me all of my correct account information, name, where I lived, etc. Then said, "It is on your account and we can't do anything about it. Maybe you can resell them." WHAT? I want my money back... I did not order them! "Sorry It is on your account and we can't refund them." What a poor excuse for a company to do business! Apparently they don't even know who was reselling them on Their resell site. So, being a senior citizen and no money for a lawyer to fight it I won't be paying my bills at the end of this month.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Tried to use their site to purchase Platinum (resale) tickets and the site was broken, wouldn't complete the process. Tried to call and after 30 minutes finally was able to reach a person. Was told that I can't purchase those tickets on the phone, I'd have to use the site (which I explained did not work). Eventually went to another service (StubHub) and was able to get the same exact tickets in literally two minutes and CHEAPER. Will never try to purchase through Ticketmaster again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased Devils playoff tickets for 04/16/2018 game. I did not look at the tickets when they were delivered. Before I ordered the tickets I called everyone to see if they would be able to get off work because it was a Monday night game. We went to the game and they would not let us in because the tickets were printed with the wrong day and date. The tickets were printed with Monday 04/21/2018. 04/21/2018 is a Saturday not a Monday.

I then had to go into the box office, explain that Ticketmaster made the mistake and after almost an hour I was forced to have to purchase more tickets when the mistake was Ticketmaster's the whole time having security standing over my family and guests as if we were criminals. I have a DISABILITY!! And purchased these tickets so I could sit and enjoy the game and Ticketmaster refused to honor them and forced me to have to purchase more tickets and sit where we were forced to rather than where I would be more comfortable. Ticketmaster did refund my money for the first screwed up purchase.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I order my tickets well over a month ago and immediately got sent my tickets via e-mail. TicketMaster was also to send a parking pass for my concert via separate e-mail. It was never sent. I called and spoke to their support personnel at least 3 different times and each sent me to a different department. I was finally sent to the ticket resale dept., but was never able to speak to anyone there. I ask for a callback when someone got free, but never got called back. Now here it is the night before the concert and still no parking pass. TicketMaster appears to believe they can do whatever they want and they can still sell tickets. They have seen the last of my business! I wish I could give them a "No Stars" rating!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

Ticketmaster does not offer refunds when they violate FTC regulations. If you select 3 day shipping they make it seem like you'll get 3 day shipping, but really it's 2 weeks. They don't provide disclaimers. This is a clear violation of the FTC Mail Order rules.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I'm really surprised at how high the service charge was on both selling and buying tickets. I'd of course prefer never to use a service that charges so much without explanation, but I just don't have a choice. Not a good experience, doesn't make me feel good about Ticketmaster.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Tried to use their website for an Amex presale, repeatedly told me it was bringing up the seats I ordered, then would say another had beat me to them but I could have the next best. Looped with this BS ad infinitum. 1/2 hour of my life wasted trying to spend money with this ridiculous excuse for a company. Never again.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Though Ticketmaster is the only agent for some Broadway Shows, it is totally inept and not designed for those purchases. ON the phone, the automated system does not recognize the names of the shows that it sells. Online it gives no option to pick up tickets at box office. For Angels in America, with two parts it does not give any way to purchase both shows on Wednesday at once. Purchase one and take your chances with the second. And all this for outrageous "convenience" fees. If only they didn't have a monopoly.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We got a discount code at Albertsons for 20 percent off Disney On Ice Frozen in Phoenix. Ticketmaster kept rejecting the code. I asked they honor the discount. They charge outrageous fees and basically told me to fly a kite when I emailed them. Tough was their response. Not our fault. They have a ticketing Monopoly and really don't care because they have consumers over a barrel.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Asked for e-ticket, but never got the e-ticket. I was able to print off tickets, but I wanted to use the e-ticket. When I called customer support. There is no way to talk to a real person. The wait time was 15 min so they were to call me back. I never got a call and had to go thru the process all over again. Very very frustrating. Better off going and purchase tickets at the box office and also save me $45 in fees and lots of TIME. Ticket Master was very disappointing to deal with.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Reba concert July 28/2018 - This was the first time purchase tickets from Ticketmaster. I needed 4 tickets. They wouldn’t sell me 4 tickets so I had to purchase 2. Had time. That was ok. The one ticket price was 435.00 the second one 500.00. Now the problem is they charge me US prices when it was to be Canadian prices. I assume now that this company is not honest. I keep on trying to get an answer from them. I rather give them back the tickets and get a refund and never deal with this company again.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I've been using Ticketmaster for years now and this is the first year that I've had such a horrible encounter; not once, but twice, in a span of a week! I was trying to purchase 3 tickets for Jimmy Buffett and I know his concerts always sell out in a matter of minutes so time is always limited. I found a bunch but every time I clicked on it, it said no longer available. Each time, I had to change the number back from 2 to 3, which takes more time. I finally got 3 that worked, I checked the location and the seats were good, I clicked yes and it was processing. I was so excited that I got them, I told my mom. My aunt apparently got tickets as well so we were trying to see which ones were the best. When I went to look, it was completely different area than where I had clicked on. Then, when I clicked on the ticket itself, it said $54 each yet I paid $156 each! Apparently, it was a "fan to fan" purchase and I wasn't aware of it! These were nosebleed seats that I paid $156 for - ridiculous! I will never be able to sell these as no one else will buy them for that disgusting price!

If that isn't bad enough, I went to buy Camila Cabello tickets for my daughter as her and friends want to go. I went online and saw tickets for $87, though she thought they were only $40 or so. Whatever, it's my daughter so I bought it anyway. When I went to print the tickets out this morning, they were only $39 dollars!!! Are you freakin' kidding me??? I was very careful as I was burned last time and I was trying to look for anything that said "fan to fan" but I didn't see anything! I was doing it from my phone this time! Well obviously, it was "fan to fan" again and there was NO indication on my phone app that stated that fact! So I got stuck paying $60 more for a general admission ticket??? What a ** scam! I will never use Ticketmaster again!!! It really is disgusting how easy that make it for the creeps to scam good people out of their hard earned money!.

Original review: March 18, 2018

This website ticket agent are worst on planet, they charged my credit card, give me verified numbers to go to, WILL CALL WINDOW to pick up my tickets, and sold tickets to someone else, so I missed the EVENT. Please Never ever purchase tickets from them. This website are biggest fraud, they charge highest price for tickets, charge your credit card and Does not sent you tickets at all, when you try to talk to Ticketmaster Representative they said that, "Everything is good to go. Here are reference number for your tickets and you will have tickets at ticket windows", but later someone else bid higher for your ticket they will sell your tickets to others at higher price, so basically you will miss your event.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Ordered Spring Training tickets online. Ticketmaster said I was to be able to download or print. I clicked on the e-mail to view tickets. Nothing there. Showed the order, but I could do nothing but transfer to someone else. The game was later that day and I was on hold and then transferred. After 40 minutes they could not help me. Had to call the ballpark and have them take care of it for me. I will never use Ticketmaster again. I don't suggest you do either.

Original review: March 14, 2018

First the app would not let me select the seats I wanted as it left one seat empty even though this was greyed out and restricted view. Then I get an email saying I purchased Allianz insurance and I most certainly did not. Finally spent 15 minutes on phone waiting for a machine asking me what I wanted. I could tell you what I wanted to do but instead I have come to warn everyone about this scam. I probably spent more on hold than the £8 charged for the fake insurance.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs