1.07/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1138 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I tried to buy tickets online for the August 6, 2019, Jimmy Buffet concert in Holmdel, Nj. Unfortunately, there was this "bot" nonsense that blockaded my effort, with no way to answer and get past the barrier! Ticketmaster is totally screwed for putting up this stupid barrier online!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased tickets for my father for a concert through Ticketmaster. I had to transfer the tickets to my father who does not have an email address and/or smart phone. I attempted to call Ticketmaster however they have no call waiting function. It simply says all their operators are busy and to phone back. After several days of calling I decided to email. I was very clear that I needed another method to transfer the ticket other than email. The response to my email... a link as to how to transfer the ticket via email.

Despite making my request being made clear on multiple occasions I received two more responses where I was informed to transfer online. On the third attempt they finally sent me another number to call. This automated system was horrendous as well. It took 20 minutes just to reach a person and I had to hold for 10 minutes after I was transferred to an operator. The operator then informed me I should transfer the tickets via email. After much arguing she set the tickets up so that they would be available at Will Call. Or so I hope... as I have since received another email indicating that I should transfer the tickets via email.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

On Feb 9, 2018 I purchased 2 tickets for Elton John through the verified fan presale. The seats were on the floor at the LA Forum, so good seats. I had planned to surprise my gf with these tickets for Christmas and had also bought plane tickets and booked accommodations (we live in Boston). On 12/21/18, I logged on to the Ticketmaster app on my phone and was shocked to discover that the tickets were sold and that I would get paid in 7-10 business days. I had not listed the tickets for sale. I immediately checked my email (I have sold tickets on Ticketmaster before and know that they automatically send an email when you create a listing). There was no such email nor was there a listing of the tickets on the "My Listings" section of the app.

I immediately called Ticketmaster to find out what happened to my tickets and was on the phone for at least 30 mins while they tried to sort things out. They finally told me I had to call their partner company, TicketsNow, because that is who handles the ticket resales. I called them the next day and was told that my case would be sent to their fraud department and that I would be contacted about it after Christmas. I was never contacted and called them again on Thursday, 12/27/18. I was told I could speak directly to the fraud dept but when I was transferred, a message said there was no such number and I was hung up on. Frustrated, I waited a day or two to call back then spoke to somebody again. This person said that they would transfer me to the fraud dept. I explained that the last time the connection did not go through.

They assured me that it would this time and also told me that they would speak directly to someone in the fraud dept and give them my contact info. Needless to say, the call didn't go through nor did I hear from the fraud dept. I called again on 12/31/18 and was finally told that I would get a call sometime on New Year's Day from the seller verification dept. I did get a call and they asked if I'd sold the tickets on a different site. I told them I hadn't. They said all they could do was refund me the cost of the original tickets. When I tried to explain that I had bought these tickets as a surprise for my gf and had planned a vacation around it, they had no sympathy and told me they were sorry but all they could do was give me a refund.

Now Ticketmaster has made a bunch of money from a crook who sold my tickets for way more than what I purchased them for. When I originally saw that the tickets had sold, I also checked Ticketmaster resale and saw my tickets listed for $614.00 each! In order for me to get tickets to the show, I'm going to have to pay almost the same amount as the floor seats to get lousy balcony seats. Ticketmaster/TicketsNow should void the original tickets or refund me the difference to purchase floor seats on their reseller site. As of today, 1/2/19, I have not received a refund. So much for a Christmas surprise... Thanks Ticketmaster, NOT!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We bought tickets to Hootie and the Blowfish and weeks later get email they canceled our tickets. Says we violated one of their terms but no one can tell me what I did wrong. I only bought 3 tickets and it went through on my credit card and few weeks later canceled. Never buy from them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was promised a refund for tickets to a show. They never gave me the refund. Spent many hours on the phone with them trying to resolve this issue. They broke promise after promise and I never did receive the refund. I will never work with this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I bought my fiancée tickets to Wicked at the Pantages Theater. It's all she had been wanting for Christmas. I was expecting two full tickets to the theater, what I got was four ripped pieces of paper and still not even a full ticket. BOTH of the tickets are ripped in pieces. Ticketmaster, I will never be using you again for tickets of any kind and I highly recommend you buy your tickets elsewhere. At least anywhere else you will get the full ticket. I need to figure out if I can even get in with the tickets that I have since I was never supplied with the full ticket. The dissatisfaction I felt when I opened the package was indescribable especially when you are spending over $300 on tickets. So, I highly suggest to whoever is considering using them - DO NOT DO IT.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Booked tickets from them 4 days ago. Never received any confirmation email. So I called them to find out why they did not send confirmation. Adviser said, "Will send it straight away", never received. Called again next day. Another adviser said, “We have no notes that you have called or whatsoever.” When I asked to send it over again I will be checking my email. She said she cannot stay on the line until I receive it and also asked, "Why you need that confirmation email if you have reference number." Like really??? I booked tickets, paid money and want to receive confirmation email!!! Distressful. Never booking through them again and strongly recommend do not waste your time!!! Worst service ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Thiefs. Ripped me off. I purchased tix on presale and they gave my tickets "a unique name/Club PRODUCER seats." The next day they call those exact same tix (date, section and row), Standard seats and charge less than half price with no different benefits. They fraudulently misrepresented them and refuse to refund the difference as "non-refundable, all sales final." I get prices change, but they misrepresented them for more. Spoke with several persons and nothing. Total scam. I was told my tickets were better seats and that's the difference in name; but they're not. Same ticket available for less than 1/2 price.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Purchased front row tickets to Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Milwaukee, 12/30/2018. Got an email months later that our seats had been moved due to a "stage reconfiguration", and we were now in a worse section and in the third row. Emailed customer support, no one could provide a new map of the venue and Trans-Siberian Orchestra says nothing has changed stage wise. Now our ORIGINAL seats are back up for sale on Ticketmaster and we are stuck with crappy seats we did not want. Total scam, avoid at all costs. I'll be getting my money back.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Ticketmaster is a complete fraud. We tried to purchase tickets for the Lakers - Heat game and we used three different payment methods and all three were declined, but the debit and credit cards were charged. We called Ticketmaster and were told there was an issue with the account and we will get a refund in 3-5 business days. We used my mother's account and same thing happened. They are THIEVES.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I purchased 3 tickets from TM on 12-1 for Rolling Stones/Houston for $1245.15. They took $$2,576.95 from my PayPal/checking account. I have been on hold for a total of 30 minutes, transferred to 3 departments, the last one the fraud dept. I was told that was the transaction that took place and there was nothing they could do since it was purchased 7 days ago. I opened up a dispute case with PayPal, but I have a feeling this will not work out for me. Wow.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased tickets to see Travis Scott for a Dallas show this past November. Once I realized I couldn’t attend show, I decided to use the Ticketmaster “Resale” option. Within 24 hours my tickets were sold! Awesome... except I’m still waiting for my $350 to be deposited into my account. After updating my payment options and speaking with multiple customer service reps and emailing back and forth non-stop... I still have yet to receive my payment for my sold tickets. It has been almost 6 weeks yet their website claims you will be reimbursed within 5-7 days. They keep telling me to be patient and wait for my micro deposits to verify the account info. I have done this multiple times to no avail! Total scam and horrible customer service! Never again will I buy or sell tickets through Ticketmaster!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

On top of excessive fees and shaky re-sale practices, Ticketmaster has yet another deceptive practice called Official Platinum tickets. This is their way of taking advantage of high demand through a demand-based pricing system. Be very aware, as you could end up paying much higher prices compared to other seats that are close to your seats. Unfortunately I got caught up in this when purchasing Rolling Stones tickets, and there is absolutely no protection or recourse!

Resolution response: Dec. 4, 2018

NA

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am an avid concert goer going to many concerts a year. Unfortunately there is a company that has managed to buy off enough politicians to maintain a monopoly on the ticket market and the only company you can buy tickets from for more than 3/4 of venues. Ticketmaster is a crooked company lined with crooked executives in which they have created a monopoly, overcharge in ticket fees, rig all their sales so that the great seats make it to their secondary market ticket site TicketsNow, and make your buying experience terrible.

Today just like the many other times, I went in to buy tickets for Brooks & Dunn in Allentown. I jumped in at 10:00 and got front row seats and when I went in to buy I got this error: So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.). Using a shared device. This is an error all too common for most people and just another way that Ticketmaster rigs their sales to make sure you don't get good seats. I run into this error quite often and am wondering when our government is going to get a clue and do their jobs and stop Ticketmaster from these illegal rigged ticket sales. Ticketmaster needs to be stopped as they rip off people every day and should be stopped from these crimes. Today I got nothing just like the many times I have tried for a show that TM runs. Have no problem getting good seats for shows that TM doesn't sell for. Coincidence?? Stop the crooks. Stop the Ticket**.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I went online to buy Dead and Co tickets for the Gorge in Washington State. I bought into the verified fan pre-sale. Almost all the seats in the general admission PIT section could only be purchased if you bought one of their expensive "packages" but after refreshing and entering my code, I was able to buy one GA Pit ticket. It cost me $175 which is crazy but got even worse when the total bill came to $207 because there was $32 dollars in fees! FEES of $32! I don't have another option for purchasing tickets to this show so I am stuck paying for the fees for each ticket I purchase! How is Ticketmaster NOT a monopoly? It's an absolute rip-off! Ticketmaster is horrible and should be investigated!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Went onto Casino du Lac-Leamy site to purchase tickets, directed to Ticketmaster. Seemed to be on Ticketmaster site when asked for credit card info, hit place order, receipt came up my ticket tracker.com in US dollars. Very deceptive website purchase.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought 6 tickets for Oakland Raiders vs Pittsburgh Steelers in December for almost $400 a ticket. The tickets in my section are now $200 a ticket, they seriously dropped the prices in half. That would be almost a $1200 difference I am out because I decided to buy tickets earlier. It just seems like a total rip off how they can change the prices on events and leave you with the bill, when I called customer support they just said there isn't anything they can do about it not even an explanation.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Please don't purchase tickets from this place, go to the location and get them from there. I got some tickets for a event and it directed me to this crappy company to get my tickets. When I looked at the tickets it stated that buying 4 would be less so I did keep in mind that. It was done thru my phone so when it stated how much I was paying (without the breakdown) I paid with my card. I looked at the ticket and did the detail and it charged me an additional $16 for each ticket and also for the parking ticket which should of only been $15. That is what is charged at the event. SO DON'T DON'T USE THEM. DON'T GIVE THEM BUSINESS.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I purchased 4 tickets to the Twenty-One Pilots concert in Lincoln, NE for $290, about what you would expect. When I received my email today, it said I purchased ONE PLATINUM ticket for $290 plus $44 in fees. I contacted them immediately because there aren't even tickets that high for sale for this concert. I got some song and dance about how I bought my ticket when the demand was high... Like the first day MONTHS before Awolnation announced that they would be touring with them (which would make the demand higher). There is NO WAY! I selected BEST SEATS available and bought FOUR at the best seat price which was $72.50. Ticketmaster will not refund NOR let me exchange them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Over time Ticketmaster has become worse. Try to get customer help and you go through voice automation hell only to eventually speak to a real person, who still cannot help. Of course that is after five minutes of reverification of the information that you already gave to the automated attendant. Customer call center sucks. At the fees that they surcharge for tickets they should be able to be efficient, experienced and helpful. I will only buy from them as a last resort.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Have used Ticketmaster many times. Have regretted it many times. Just ordered tickets for Seinfeld in Rochester for 4/19/18. I get that he is popular still, but after logging in to order tickets at exactly 10:00 am, it showed hardly any tickets left and the groupings left were in threes which, as we all know, you can't can't leave a single hanging there. I unfortunately couldn't leave work, so ordering online was my only option. My friend who was able to actually go to the box office, got much better tickets. Officially done with TM.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Recently bought 8 tickets to an event along with extra pit passes & parking. Went thru all screens & never once did anything show extra fees, just kept a running total in top right hand corner (which I trusted was the accurate amount... silly me). After clicking on "View Receipt" once my purchase was made I saw that an extra $120 had been added to my bill for additional fees. That makes my tickets 1.5 times more than planned! Called customer service to let them know it seemed a sneaky way to add in fees. I was forwarded to a manager who insisted they do have that screen (detailing the fees) & if I didn't see it it's probably because I'm using the wrong internet browser. Really? Every other page came up but that one?

I assured him I wouldn't be calling if I'd have seen & agreed to that screen showing me extra charges prior to my purchase, however, he proceeded to tell me I was wrong & there's nothing he'd do about it because it was my fault for not finding out what the fees were ahead of time & adding it up myself before I made the purchase to make sure the amount was right. In hindsight yes, I wish I would've dug further into it but I also trusted the amount Ticketmaster was showing was correct & that if there were extra fees they would show those prior to purchase (as most websites do such as hotels, clothing, etc.)

After this experience I will not be using Ticketmaster again & urge anyone considering using them to call the venue directly or find other avenues of purchasing your tickets! They have hidden fees, their customer service is horrible, & even though they have a satisfaction guarantee they won't refund most tickets once purchased or do anything to make it right!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

So I bought tickets for Cher in MGM Park for the 8pm show on November 3rd. I was aware that the tickets were for 8pm but when we left the hotel around 7.40, the app was showing that the show was at 9PM. So we took our time and still made to the venue around 8.40 and got in close to 8.50. We had missed about half the show already. We flew to Vegas just to watch Cher and booked it months in advance. I get that, as a customer, I should do my own due diligence with the tickets that the show but why do you create an APP that shows the wrong time? (I have the screenshots, which the Ticketmaster customer representative did not even give me a chance to share them because 'apparently, in their system it's showing the right time.)

Shouldn't you create an app that is reliable and convenient for the customer? Is it our job to constantly check on other sources what time the show is? I've been buying all my tickets for games, concerts and stand up shows through Ticketmaster, but their non-accurate app, lack of incentive for their app's mistake and lack of after sales service, where I could share what was showing on my APP to help better themselves, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Purchased a ticket to the Georgia/Florida game and never received it! Do not do business with this company. They have yet to refund my money!!! I don't know how Ticketmaster is affiliated with this company!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

TICKETMASTER RIPS EVERYBODY OFF. This has happened to me twice now, and was reported in September after an investigation. The first time it happens, I didn't understand it, but knew I had been ripped off. This time, not as badly. HATE TICKETMASTER. The pants ought to be sued off of them, and the system changed to be fair and to sell seats at their original price.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Block H Row 40 Seat 22 - Comfort — nil — view — large obstacle blocking main screen, main stage not completely visible. The screens are only an excuse of a facility. Your charges are outlandish in the hospitality department — total Rip-off. Never again. I won’t be back.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

When buying tickets from Ticketmaster be very careful! You are probably buying insurance you did not want from Allianz Insurance. I bought tickets on-line and all went smoothly until half an hour later when I received an e-mail from Allianz Insurance thanking me for buying their insurance. I definitely was not asked if I wanted to buy their insurance. So probably some well hidden box was already ticked in the ticket purchase agreement with Ticketmaster.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I booked a ticket to a Broadway show on their website. I of course didn't double check anything before I entered my credit card details and clicked 'purchase.' I sent the details to my wife who spotted the issue straight away... I was pretty sure this would be a black spot in the marriage forever! I checked the Ticketmaster website for returns/changes to booking policy. The theatre was not a member of Ticketmaster's 'Fan Guarantee' program and there was no option at all to change one's booking.

As a last ditch effort, I called the customer service helpline. I could not have had a better service. I explained my problem (and admitted my mistake) and the customer service representative did everything possible to rectify my problem. It took 40 mins on the phone (while she had to look up the returns policy, speak to manager, unlock reserved seats etc) but the job was done. When I realized I'd made a mistake with Ticketmaster, my heart dropped as I had heard about their bad reputation. I thought I'd lost my money. However, this OUTSTANDING customer service experience has totally changed my opinion of the company. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Do NOT buy tickets here. We Purchased Jeff Dunham tickets in Binghamton, NY. Paid a lot extra for 2 or the 4 seats. I bought to receive 1 premium reserved ticket, throw blanket, lithograph and squat plush doll. Needless to say did not receive and they claim I got a different package!!! I know what I got as the were for my nephew and daughter. PERIOD! I emailed and called and nothing. In the email they don't even tell you the kind of ticket you purchased. UNACCEPTABLE. I will never get tickets again, $365.55 kids seats off to the side of stage VS our seats $128.15 with better view than kids had right in front EXTRA paid for nothing.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We wanted tickets for MercyMe. When you go to the site it auto takes you to Ticketmaster. I realize the tickets will be higher than list. They were listed at $119 each. Click pay and suddenly $159. Called, emailed, etc immediately. Nothing can be done. All sales are final. Ticket price was $87 so paid about double. I am not upset about the higher price of $119 but adding another $40 at the tail end should be considered fraud. I wish all artists would band together and forbid use of ticket agencies. Let the fans see them without being frauded.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs