2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.76/5

Ticketmaster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: March 1, 2020

Ticketmaster seems to be the major ticket website around my city. They have real time information on the tickets you are looking for like which seats are still available and show an accurate seating map so you can see exactly were your seats will be. They show sec # and seat#. It also shows how many seats are remaining for sale buy section. They tell you if the tickets are resell tickets (from previous buyers) or from the venue itself. You can save time and narrow down the field by using the TYPE link. It can show you all regular tickets or best seat, V.I.P, most expensive, least expensive, Fan Club Seats and Preferred seats and more all with a click.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Two years ago my friend and I wanted to go see Metallica at the NRG stadium in Houston. My friend has a prosthetic leg and in the past it has been difficult to attend concerts. The stairs and walking tires a person who has two good legs but in his condition it is 10 fold. The ticket agent I dealt with was wonderful. She was able to get us excellent seats and elevator passes that your everyday consumer can not get. We were very pleased with the Price which I only paid $70.00 a piece for. The customer service she gave was exceptional and we had a blast. There was a Ticketmaster rep there to escort us the the stadium and the parking was front row. I contacted two other ticket vendors. One was the NRG ticket phone line and neither went to the length they did.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Remember when Ticketmaster was it? That was where we all got our tickets. Like, all of them! It was akin to “the” sheriff, located next to the pub, and the post office in a small town. Tickets? Ticketmaster. Obviously the internet changed this dramatically, and so Ticketmaster had to either roll with the punches and stand their ground, or be destroyed. I think they’ve done a pretty good job with that. They occasionally do feel a little more expensive than their competitors, though. I’ve searched and found a better deal on this or that, but in the end Ticketmaster is a name I trust. If there’s one thing they have that the others don’t, it’s their name on the faces of stubs from some of the best experiences of my younger years. That matters right now. People are bound to be loyal to that. Especially these days where everything is so canned, and temporary.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The website was well constructed and easy to navigate. It would have been nice to have a link with the ticket seating chart to give you a better perspective of where the stage would be in relation to the seat area. For us, It was difficult to tell just by looking at the blocked out areas. Upon looking it up online elsewhere which was very time consuming, we realized we need much closer tickets to enjoy the show that we wanted to see as we've never been to the venue.

The other thing may be worth mentioning is the Ticketmaster tends to be on the higher side of the price scale when there are competing companies offering comparable tickets for sometimes significantly less. Consequently, my dream of being front row- and eventually the pit of course- at SOAD May 2020, L.A Ca, was quickly crushed, but will live on...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I trust Ticketmaster to purchase tickets from. We have gone to various concerts over the years and we have purchased through Ticketmaster. There are other vendors who sell these tickets, but we are wary of them as we do not know if they are legitimate, a scam, internet hoax or just thieves. Some of the concerts we have been to over the years are: Miranda Lambert, Bon Jovi, Styx, Elton John, Queensryche, Journey, Heart, Foreigner, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, Celine Dion, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, BeeGees, Lalapolooza, Hamilton Joe Franklin & Reynolds, Three Dog Night, The Pretenders, Pat Benatar, Rascal Flatts, Motley Crew, Van Halen, The Cure, Reo Speedwagon, Night Ranger. Those are the concerts I can remember. I am sure there were more.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I was trying to buy tickets to a concert and the system was messing up. It never showed that the tickets went through. When I hit the cancel button it asked me if I wanted to release the tickets. I hit yes and then it took me back to the main screen. I then purchased 3 tickets thinking the first order didn't go through. When I checked my bank account it shows that I have been charged for both orders. When I asked for a refund they couldn't help me even though their system is the one that messed up. Wouldn't recommend.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I ordered tickets to a show that was cancelled and was never told of when or if refunds would be available, after calling customer service whose phone number was disconnected and I was referred to a chat/email where I received a automated response that my window for a refund had ended even though I was never told that I could get one or when or how. These people are thieves!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Horrible, horrible experience all around!! I purchased the tickets with them in February, then the concert has been delayed for a year, so I requested a refund. After three months I haven't seen my money yet, going back and forth with them. Every time I have a new person to contact me and every time they have a new story to tell me. Never again!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

#Boycottticketmaster. They want to invade your privacy by obtaining your health information. Their fees are outrageous. Looking forward to another company to kick them out and this company going bankrupt.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I bought tickets for an event that was supposed to be held on June. It is October and Ticketmaster refuses to refund the ticket. They are not responding phone calls, chat is unavailable and when you try to email them there is no proper reply. I understand there is a pandemic going on but it is over four month from the day the event was supposed to be held they should give customers the choice for a refund.

Ticketmaster author review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team