2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Ticketmaster Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Ticketmaster customer service is terrible:

-Website - I can't log in.
    -Called 800# - always busy.
    -Response by auto e-mail kept asking me to use their website even though I can't log in.
    -Simply trying to sell my tickets but couldn't due to customer service inability to respond to me personally due to my inability to access my account.
    -3 weeks of e-mails, 37 emails, and no resolution.
    -Out ~$500.00 with payment and no service.

-Now I want my money back.

Totally incompetent service and no personal touch. No one should deal with this experience to a middleman man that is not even involved in the actual entertainment of the product itself.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

This is the worst company -- fans should boycott them so the entertainers forcing us to use Ticketmaster will look elsewhere. I personally will never attend another event that forces me to purchase through them. The biggest issues is I couldn't get the tickets I paid for! I contacted customer service multiple times through chat with no resolution. I tried to call the "support" number -- always busy. Since they won't allow you to get your tickets until a couple days before the event, not enough time is available to try to resolve this type of issue.

In addition to the problem getting tickets I purchased, even buying the tickets was made more difficult by Ticketmaster. Their system is set up to enable scalpers. They have created a resale platform that allows scalpers to buy out the good seats, then turn around and easily re-sell those same seats as "verified tickets" at 3x-4x face value. Ticketmaster does nothing to prevent this (with the exception of regulated handicap seats). To add insult to injury, Ticketmaster charges exorbitant "+fees" on top of the ticket price. They do not reveal these fees until you get to checkout.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Joined queue the second the presale started, had 2,000+ people in front of me for about 20 minutes. After a lot of clicking trying to "catch" two tickets not already taken (dots on the seating chart would disappear faster than I could click on anything), finally managed to get my tickets, and on the checkout page, after entering payment information 3 times, every time I'd click Complete Purchase page would reload back to entering payment info, no error given. Gave up on the computer and tried on my phone, only to get massage that I was already in line and to return to original device/browser. Tried that, to get same message on the original browser. After 2 1/2 hrs of this going in circles, gave up. Extremely frustrated.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I was at my computer logged in to my account 30 minutes before tickets for a convert went on sale. The second the countdown timer was up and the page refreshed I tried to join the queue and was notified that there were 2,000+ customers ahead of me. Literally seconds after the tickets went on sale. I waited in the queue for almost 40 minutes and when I was able to make a purchase every single ticket available was a "verified resale" at more than double the original price, some balcony tickets were $700 for the worst seats in house. Scalpers had bought most if not all tickets in bulk and immediately resold them at a huge markup. The tickets for this show were only available through Ticketmaster so they had a complete monopoly on the event. This is the most predatory and unethical ticket site around. I will NEVER buy tickets through them again and will tell everyone I know not to use this service. Absolute thieves.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I have never been overly pleased with Ticketmaster's services, but they have a monopoly on online ticket sales so I had no choice. I was sitting by my computer for an hour before tickets went on sale. I was in the queue the second the sale began, and within a few minutes I was able to purchase tickets. Then I got an error telling me to try on another device and to make sure I was logged into my account. I was logged in- I had made absolutely sure of that beforehand so I wouldn't get slowed down. I tried contacting support but could not find a number anywhere on their website. The live chat option was not available to me because I had not yet made a purchase- a horrific catch-22 because I needed to call in order to MAKE said purchase.

I was on the phone with a friend who was also trying to get tickets in case it didn't go through on my end. When I selected floor seats, they were $200 each. When she selected them, prices had skyrocketed to $700 each. The same thing happened when I tried to purchase on another device. I sent an email to support and received an auto-response that my concern would be addressed within 12-24 hours, and it included a phone number for immediate assistance. I called that number and was on hold for nearly half an hour.

When I finally got through, the representative was extremely kind and tried to help. She told me I need to clear my cache and that would fix the problem. Well, it was too late by that point because the show was sold out. She said there were still seats showing as on sale on her end, but when I cleared my cache and tried to purchase them I got an error code. She said the code had something to do with order history, which didn't make sense because I DIDN'T HAVE ANY ORDERS, past or upcoming. At that point I was starting to cry because I was so disappointed, and the representative was super nice but there wasn't anything she could do.

I am appalled by the lack of assistance offered by the website. Nowhere on the page did it suggest that I clear my cache, and I was afraid of refreshing the page in case I lost my place in the queue. I had to fight tooth and nail just to talk to a human being about my problem, and they gave me a solution that would have been fine had I been able to get ahold of them before tickets sold out. I would say I'm never buying from Ticketmaster again, but they are pretty much the only service available so I have no choice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

We have had tremendous problems with Ticketmaster customer service following our visit to Birmingham Arena to watch the Strictly Come Dancing show on the 16th January. We purchased tickets from Ticketmaster and although we enjoyed the show there was a real problem with our seats. The row of seats in question and particularly our 2 seats were broken (Block 7 Row C 296 & 297) which meant the seats leaned forwards and made the viewing of the show tremendously uncomfortable for both of us in our backs. I left after the show with a lot of pain in my back because of this and I am concerned that it will last for any number of days now.

I did complain to one of the floor managers on the night at the interval and he brought a serviceman to try and fix it but he said that it was not the individual seat but the whole row of that run that needed repairing as the bar or something was broken. We were offered alternate seats for the rest of the show but they were going to be way further back and on the sides which was not what we had paid for.

I do not feel we had the experience that was expected for the price of the tickets and so contacted Ticketmaster requesting some measure of compensation for the faulty seats and discomfort caused. I did not require a full refund but some measure or discount on what we paid or future tickets would have sufficed. Instead of this we were told by Ticketmaster 'in as many words' you were offered other seats at the half way point and despite these being seats that offered far inferior viewing and being of less value than the price we paid we should be satisfied with this and they would not do anything further.

Future communications with Ticketmaster regarding this issue have been met with ignorance and dismissive feedback - almost a 'go away and stop bothering us' attitude. I have requested contact details for senior management or legal to deal with this issue but nothing has been provided to date so I am now forced to pursue legal action against them - This is the worst kind of customer service I have faced from a company that I have used many times before and who makes millions of pounds each year promoting events like this. This is not a productive way to run a service business and a poor representation of the industry. Being loyal followers of Strictly Come Dancing the show and tour it is a shame they use this outlet as the only means to book tickets.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I waited in the queue this morning to purchase Rammstein tickets. As soon as tickets went on sale I was in. I chose two tickets in the section upfront and added them to my cart then proceeded to checkout. At that point I was kicked back and told that another customer beat me to the tickets. Okay, I'll just try again. Nope at this point they are completely sold out for that section. Literally two minutes later hundreds of those tickets were for resale on StubHub for double or triple the original price. I'm so tired of being ripped off by Ticketmaster! It happens with every event! They are 100% selling these tickets to third-party sites. I thought scalping was illegal?!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Ordered 8 tickets for Elton John in July, was charged $200.00 ea, tickets arrive late November face value $125.00. Cannot get onto anyone to ask as I think they may of sent the wrong tickets. Surely there is not a $75.00 surcharge per ticket as their site states about a $5-$6 dollar surcharge. Have tried 15 times to call only to get a an automated recording then it just hangs up. There is no service and they state it is Ticketmaster Australia. The concert is now this weekend and not assistance provided at all. Have also sent as email request as requested for faster service, still no response. Their email address bounce and some phone numbers do not work.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I just bought tickets for Monster Jam. If I hadn't already promised my family we were going, I would have closed the page and not purchased the tickets when I found out what a terrible company Ticketmaster is. First off, they don't tell you how much "+fees" will be until you get to the part where you are actually buying them. $10 per ticket! For what? To buy the tickets online? What a joke -- 3 tickets cost me $30 for "+fees". This is not a reasonable fee, especially when the tickets themselves were supposed to be $15 each. That is so much of a rip off it hits my books as a scam.

Second, Ticketmaster is in league with the scalpers. I was going to pay for better seats. But Ticketmaster sold the good seats to scalpers in bulk, then let them turn around and resell those seats as "verified re-sellers" at 3x - 4x the admission price. Bye-by $30 tickets, now they are $110. Except, that is, the handicap seats that neither I or scalpers can buy. Those are still $30. This is a terrible company, and I can't understand why venues like the Pepsi Center and events like Monster Jam use them. I will NEVER go to another event that forces me to purchase tickets through Ticket Master. Never.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I bought 2 tickets. I was on hold for 1 hour. I work at a call center, so remained patient. My account was charged, but when I tried viewing the tickets I got a server error. I gave them my name and card info. Was on hold for another hour. The guy answering asked for my name and card info. Eventually fixed it myself while on hold. I could have benefited more by watching a plant grow for 2 hours. He also informed me they do not refund tickets unless a show is cancelled. I am never using this website again out of fear.

Not sure about Ticketmaster?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Ticket Websites for you.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team