1.09/5

1184 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2019

Ticketmaster fees are insane. A $95 dollar seat to see Iron Maiden end up costing $160 at checkout. That is an insane markup on price. Then add in the mobile only ticketing system. We have to load an app with crazy levels of permissions to access a mobile ticket... They are obviously collecting user data with the levels or permissions. I try to use a browser, but the security settings I use won't let the javascript load and my anti-fingerprinting on my browsers won't let me load the web page. Absolute garbage. Any BS they tell you about mobile ticketing being easy and fast is marketing crap for 'we don't want you selling tickets without us getting another cut'. They have a monopoly on ticket sales. They should be broken up.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I was quite excited that I was eligible for a verified fan presale for a concert. There are no bargains with these prices! I see no difference! What a gross waste of time. Almost $300/a ticket and this is presale? This is absolutely outrageous. This band has so many shows and keep adding more, I'm sure as the concert gets closer, prices will be cheaper than this rip off price! False advertising is what I call it!

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I ordered two tickets to a concert through Ticketmaster. The site clearly stated that delivery by Standard Mail was Free, as did my confirmation. When I still did not have my tickets after 45 days I rechecked the website to confirm free mail delivery and emailed Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster responded that my delivery method was Mobile and that I would need to pay $3.50 for mail delivery. When I rechecked the website I saw that they had just changed the order method from mail to Mobile and the reference to free mail delivery was no longer there. So unethical and sleazy.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Bought tickets for Boston Bruins April 23rd game. Put them up for resale and chose option to have them on sale until 1 hour after the game started (8:00). At 6:15, game day, got an email that "Your tickets for the following event did not sell and are no longer listed for sale". Tried to relist but was blocked out. Spoke to Customer Service and she admitted that this is happening often and that they would look into it. They got back to me with the response "that I had cancelled the order" and they would do nothing even though they admitted there was a glitch.... I am out $600....

Original review: May 12, 2019

I ordered with Ticketmaster's re-sale system to go and see Ricky Gervais' new stand up show. I booked the tickets 5 days ago and the event is in 2 days but I am still yet to receive my tickets. This company is awful and they don't have a proper helpline to call. I also sent them an email form about my enquiry and they're still yet to reply. I found a number for them and called them up, but the woman I spoke to was incompetent. She said my reference number wasn't correct (it was from my confirmation email) and then asked if I could read out my whole debit card number (to which I said no). She then asked me to repeat the booking name & venue at least 5 times as she didn't understand me. She finally said she was going to terminate my call and hung up before I could ask why. Awful service from this company. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM AT ANY COST!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: May 10, 2019

Bought a ticket to the Jonas Brothers for my daughter and kept getting an error message every time I tried buying a ticket. One finally goes through and the price goes way up. It was $196. Went up to $415. Wtf. How can you do that. Then I asked if I could get a refund the very next day only to be told no. I can’t even exchange the ticket, unless I want to buy a more expensive ticket. Ticketmaster is the worst for buying anything. The only reason I purchased it through them is because of the pre-sale. Horrible prices! Now I’m broke because I wanted to buy one ticket for my daughter.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I've had it with Ticketmaster’s self-scalping (Platinum), excess fees (EVERY ticket pays the parking fee), game-playing, and QUEUES! Why is it so hard to get a decent seat to see my favorite band and not have to pay $400+ to be up close?

Resolution response: May 3, 2019

In reference to my previous review. Ticketmaster corrected my issue at no charge. After I discuss my issue with a phone rep who was no help I sent an e-mail explaining my issue. They changed my seats from 3 and 4 to 1 and 2 that I thought I was buying.

Original review: May 1, 2019

When I booked my seats it stated seats 1 and 2. But when I clicked on purchase tickets it came back with seat 3 and 4. I get aisle seat because I have a artificial knee and can’t keep my leg bent. I called Ticketmaster representative and was told I would have to pay $10.00 per ticket to CORRECT it. I explained to the representative I did not select seats 3 and 4. The seats showed 1 and 2 until I made the final purchase. The representative confirmed seats 1 and 2 were available. This is nothing but SORRY customer service.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I bought tickets online on April 4th. My receipt said they'd be mailed in 10-14 days. It's been 26. Called and had the same problems as another reviewer with the bot. Finally got a rude human on the phone who told me there was a "ticket delay" and they wouldn't be mailed out until August 28th! He said it was in the "fine print" but became very rude and talked all over me when I asked him to navigate me to that language on their site. I repeatedly asked him to stop talking over me, yet he persisted reading to me as if I were a 2 year old. I asked 3 times to speak to his supervisor.

He said he had to put me on hold (again) for 1-2 minutes. Six minutes later someone from the "escalation" team (NOT the guy's supervisor) got on the line and basically told me the same thing. So, I can't give hard copy tickets for a gift as I'd planned, they have my money and I have nothing, and... I'm moving before that date. What are the chances I'll ever receive these tickets? It's not the first time this has happened but I didn't expect any delays since this event is not likely to be a sell-out. Somebody in government needs to do something about this company's monopoly on practically all things related to entertainment. Enough! I've had it with their self-scalping, excess fees, game-playing, and rudeness.

Original review: April 29, 2019

You can't speak to anyone until you give some information to the automated system and that was impossible. It asked for my 17 digit order number, but after giving 10 digits I was cut off and told that the order number was incorrect and I needed to put in the 17 digit order number. After three times, it was programmed to ask another question - the city and state of the venue. Apparently, Louisville, Kentucky has been wiped off the earth because according to the program there is no city by that name and I should try again. All this because I wanted to know how to get my tickets if I didn't have a mobile phone. Absurd!

Original review: April 28, 2019

I recently purchased 4 tickets to the UniverSoul Circus in New York. I arrived with our special needs child just to find out that our tickets were not valid. The amount was taken out of my account but my tickets were invalid. I was not notified. I drove 2 1/2 hrs with a special needs child. I had to purchase 4 expensive tickets due to my seats being sold to someone else. I called Ticketmaster the next day only to find out they canceled my tickets without notifying me. This is horrible customer service. We missed the first part of the show because I had to go to my car to get my credit card and then stand back in line and buy tickets that cost much more than the tickets initially bought. This was a huge inconvenience and very embarrassing. I am appalled that Ticketmaster operates likes this.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Went on Ticketmaster site and put in to purchase 2 2nd row balcony seats for Boston Bruins game at Paid for seats. Got message seats were secured and I paid. 200. Great price! Got message order in progress. Then got email, “Sorry your order failed." Absolutely ridiculous. Now same seats are 275. They’re playing games. Beware!

Original review: April 27, 2019

I decided to see if Ariana Grande had any last minute behind the stage tickets on the day of the concert, which she did. The seat map showed the price at $72, Perfect for my daughter's budget, but when you click on the seat and go to the next page to purchase the price jumps to $249! I tried this over and over for several seats in that section and the same thing every time. Unethical bait and switch tactic.

Original review: April 20, 2019

No one was helpful. Have not used Ticketmaster in years. Bought 1 ticket. Had to print at home. Concert night rolls around. My email link to print tickets directs me to a blank page "forbidden access". Any different computer did the same thing. Logging into my actual Ticketmaster account I click tickets or account and still directed to "forbidden access". From what I researched online my IP could have been auto banned by the system... Wtf? Waited 30 minutes on phone to be hung up on by an employee who never did what they said they'd do.

Ok, 2 hours already into the concert. Still home, no ticket, about to put me in a bad mood all weekend... I call AGAIN to wait another 30 minutes for someone to "place delivery service" of said ticket to show up at box office with ID, etc to collect ticket. Nothing else I could do but drive all the way and trust his word. Showed up to box office but people never have received any call or have any information about my ticket. Thank God old-school Rockers are cool. Saw my dismay and said, "Just go through man." Caught the last band thankfully.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Phone number leads to you being hung up on. Be careful not to switch the 47 around. Can anyone find the 24/7 live chat? The instructions lead nowhere! Oh and the human call back I'm still waiting 72hrs and refresh tells me 23mins. Finally got an email reply and it told me that I could not get a ticket to an OPEN seat. Next to 2 seats that I have already purchased. Because it is included in a bundle package now. It's wasn't at the time I purchased my 2 tickets 3 days prior. Which are all standard admission tickets in nosebleed sections. So tell me Ticketmaster what part of any of this is Customer Service? I can bring up the event I am going to and see the seat I need/want and you are telling me I can not buy a ticket to that seat. Why?!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Hello I bought tickets for Las Vegas Aerosmith concert for April 8 and the system gave me for the 6 and when I noticed was too late. I want my money back. I didn’t receive the product I paid for and I am really worried. Faulty app and the problem is that I am going to have to pay for my rest of my party and assume 2700 usd of scam due to faulty Ticketmaster app that showed the incorrect date and purchase. When I was purchasing it was bugging out a lot...

Original review: April 6, 2019

I purchased 2 tickets about 2 months ago, and have not yet received them. I tried to call, and the phone got dropped after being put on hold for a while. I called again, it said the office is closed at 6 PM. Hello, it does not say whose time. This is the first time I do business with them and will be last.

Original review: April 1, 2019

ATTENTION! If your account is signed into your girlfriend's account by accident and you buy tickets with YOUR CREDIT CARD and under YOUR NAME you cannot have them transferred to YOUR ACCOUNT! THIS IS WRONG! IT WAS A SURPRISE FOR MY GIRLFRIEND AND NOW SHE WILL KNOW! THANKS TICKETMASTER! Spoke with help supervisor Bain operator # ** who told me he couldn't do it! You suck Ticketmaster!

Original review: March 27, 2019

Ticketmaster sells me 3 seats to Justin Timberlake's show at Oracle Arena which ends up being 3/15/19 after he reschedules. We spend a small fortune for these seats, we get to them only to arrive to a huge screen blocking our whole view of seeing anything but a huge black abyss. Just to let all of you know, I used to work for a large concert promoter, and if you arrive at a show with obstructed views, you go straight to customer service at the venue and demand a seat change... which we did. Even with better seats, Justin and Oracle had one of the most crappiest stage setups and screen and post blockages I've ever seen. The workers were rude too.

Ticketmaster has become one of the worst monopolies of ticket selling of our times. I honestly believe they release very few tickets to the public to buy, they probably "deals" with secondary ticket sellers where they sell mass quantities to them, and the tickets we are left with are exorbitantly expensive with extremely unnecessary high fees attached to them. Years ago, Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam tried to go against the evil Ticketmaster. They did a concert (with other bands) at Chrissy Field in SF and everyone had to show their IDs to pick up their tickets at will call...NO SERVICE CHARGES! Eddie! We need you to fight the fight against Ticketmaster again, PLEASE!!!

PS: Please, everyone, please buy your tickets with a credit card (not debit or PayPal, etc). There is no reason for you to fight with Ticketmaster! If you receive your tickets ripped up, you don't receive them, they change them to horrible seats... Document and dispute directly through your credit card! Only give them ONE CHANCE to remedy the situation. :)

Original review: March 24, 2019

Unreal. I'm glad I somewhat figured it out. I had bought tickets from TickPick because Ticketmaster is just an expansive scam of a seller. A user from TM had 2 tickets I bought for a hockey game. Received an email from this person to accept his offer (he was transferring them to me). I accepted, and they were not in my account. NUMEROUS times I logged in and out of both the website and app. Wondering where they are. They only showed when I clicked on a special link. THE ONLY WAY I SAW THEM was to transfer them into Google Pay. Meanwhile I had transferred them to myself again. STILL didn't show. Ridiculous. Good thing I just saved it. Who would of figured this out?

Original review: March 22, 2019

I entered in three presale dates for the Metallica tickets and the web site and mobile applications have a lot of issues that is clear are made on purpose so people are not able to buy tickets at a normal price. When you select available tickets it tells you to use a laptop to buy, and I was using my Mac Pro and it was still saying same error. I was logged in and still was not allowing me to buy. It is clear that these bugs are there so people are not able to buy tickets and let the resellers get the tickets to later on sale them at double or triple the price. Ticketmaster is collated with the resellers so that for Ticketmaster is a double win. Shame Ticketmaster Shame!!!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Ticketmaster is a scam. Tickets are sold at 3 to 4 times the printed price. No refunds! Customer service was very sarcastic. They even compared themselves to the airlines, yep scammers. They call their scam, “dynamic pricing”.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I went onto Ticketmaster's website to purchase tickets to an event. After I put in my credit card information their system popped up a message that said "order timed out, seats will be released to available". I tried to call but the recording said they were all assisting other calls and I could leave a message. No option to hold for the next available associate. I tried the online purchase again and it timed out again. I eventually drove to the venue and purchased the tickets in person (for nearly half the price). A week later while reviewing my credit card statement, I noticed that Ticketmaster had charged my care 3 TIMES! I filed a complaint and they refused to refund the money. I WILL NEVER PURCHASED FROM TICKETMASTER AGAIN!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I purchased 2 tickets to an event mid February. I received one email with tickets to print off. When my March credit card arrived I was double charged. I had to figure out how to find my purchase history and they had charged me for 2 seats in 2 places. I notified them and their reply was basically too late for a refund. That is not how you handle business, that is their error not mine. I certainly did not give my credit card twice.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A girl messaged me on Twitter about how she has the same seats and so I checked my acc and it said my tickets were canceled. I did a live chat with Ticketmaster 5/9 to cancel my delivery method and change to e-ticket...not to CANCEL MY whole ticket. They canceled it probably around around 2 pm? And I asked the girl when she bought her tickets and she said 2 pm. They haven’t emailed or sent me a refund. If she didn’t message me I probs would have shown up at the concert looking like Boo Boo the Fool. I have stayed up for hours waiting for this ticket drop and finally got it but due to yalls representatives that messed up my order, I AM SUFFERING AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE MY IDOLS.

I at least would like a better seat than originally. I AM EVEN WILLING TO STAND IN THE AISLE ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE MY SEAT WAS A FLOOR SEAT AND WAS REALLY GOOD. This is really disappointing because I liked Ticketmaster when everyone says Ticketmaster is trash...Truly indespicable. What if I had already booked a hotel and airplane to go to Los Angeles for this concert and to have it be canceled?!! I would lose so much money because cancellation fees means I have lost money for what is not even my fault. I have been trying to get in contact with customer service through email and have not gotten a reply. It has been over 48 hours when the Ticketmaster website said it would take around 12 hours for a reply. I can’t even live chat on website anymore because having a ticket “cancelled” revokes it, so I had to call the line many times and the guy on the phone said, “There’s nothing we can do?!”

How would you feel if you waited hours for this ticket launch to see your favorite artist, got your desired ticket (floor, the best), booked a hotel, 2 airplane flights, canceled all your plans to attend and is excited to go to the concert only to find out from someone else (the person who bought the ticket, not even Ticketmaster), that your tickets were canceled?!!! Not only do I have to pay cancellation fees for my hotel, and flight, but also do not receive anything but stress in return, and many complications. The cost is a lot just for ME TO NOT GO TO THE CONCERT AT ALL? AND YOU ARE TELLING ME TO BUY RESALE TICKETS? UNBELIEVABLE. I don’t even need a seat at the concert. I am even willing to stand in the aisle on the floor, but they won’t even let me do that. A friken joke I tell you. I’m so mad because I won’t be able to see BTS and will have to pay cancellation fees and have all of this hassle. They won’t give me a ticket or anything.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Inconvenient, Inconsiderate and Unhelpful. What a joke. These people clearly don't give a damn about anyone. My little sister bought concert tickets for us as a Christmas gift. The show isn't until September but I wanted to plan ahead. It turns out that I can only get into the venue by using my phone as there are no more physical tickets. Not even the option to print them out. Not trying to be a jerk, but taking my business phone into a rock concert does not sound like a good idea. The customer service people clearly didn't care and offered no helpful advice or suggestions. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing anything from this company again. Furthermore, I will make sure to tell my friends and family to avoid Ticketmaster at all costs.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I went to an internet cafe to purchase some Stray Kids tickets for myself and some of my friends. However, once Ticketmaster let fans into the pre-queue they made me wait 1 MINUTE more than when the actual sale started! Even though this number may seem very insignificant, because of this delay we had to wait for 2000+ people to purchase their tickets first (and mind you Pasadena Civic Auditorium holds slightly less than 3,000).

I am very very disappointed because we've been waiting to buy tickets for their first world tour ever since they debuted and we did not do anything wrong putting in the information when attempting to purchase these tickets. I am 100% sure that this was Ticketmaster's fault and that they handled this situation poorly (by selecting random fans and putting them at the back of the queue despite being prepared and early, with fans who tried to get the tickets later). I am INFURIATED and I hope Stray Kids or any other artists won't use this website to handle ticket sales ever again.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I bought Elton John tickets last year for a show on March 15. Found out yesterday that my tickets were stolen and sold. Ticketmaster is only offering a refund. Say they know who stole them but won't release information. Why are the tickets not invalidated and money returned to the 2nd buyer? The tickets are my property and should be returned to me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

So I went on a Pre-Queue at Ticketmaster for BlackPink Tickets and bought the Official Platinum ticket for $720 plus fees which end up totaling to $850. It was pricey, but in my mind since it's a VIP ticket, at least I'll be given some perks and merchandise of my favorite artist. Note: there was a 5 minute counter on the upper right corner of the purchasing page so I wasn't able to get a chance to do my due diligence. Purchasing the ticket was suppose to give me the feeling of satisfaction, somehow I felt a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Somehow, I felt I just got robbed. To make matters worst, after checking back after 2 hours, I discovered Official Platinum is NOT actually a VIP ticket, it is simple seat assigned by Ticketmaster to sell at a Premium price to put SIGNIFICANTLY MORE money in their pockets!! 3 times the amount advertised to be exact!!

The VIP tickets are selling for less at $420 which includes GA tickets, merchandise and a meet and greet and send off to BlackPink, as well as early entry, that is what I am expecting to get for paying $850!! Yes, I paid more than double without all those perks!! I was also shocked to find out that the prices of the tickets are going down by the hour, with more tickets being made available. In fact, the seat beside me was now selling for only $670 and the one in front of me for $470. That's $300 cheaper for a better seat!! I can't believe TICKETMASTER would do something like this. I never had this problem before in other retailers.

I will surely not buy any tickets at Ticketmaster again in the future and will recommend all my friends, family member, Facebook groups and other concert aficionados to NOT buy from Ticketmaster. To add insult to injury, upon checking the event posters, the highest priced ticket was supposed to be the Blink VIP package which was $430, the rest, including the ticket that I just bought should have been only $230 something and less for the rest!! I went online early hoping to score the best ticket at the lowest price, instead it was the total opposite of what transpired. NEVER AGAIN, TICKETMASTER!! Don't even try calling their customer service, they suck!! They don't even deserve a one star to be honest!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Ticketmaster asked, "What is your likelihood of recommending Ticketmaster to a friend, on a scale of 0 to 10?" I answered: "A 50% surcharge is NEVER EVER EVER acceptable. Ticketmaster will ultimately be destroyed by equitable competition." Tickets were listed at $39.50. Cost was $59.50. That, my friends, is ludicrous.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs