Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.10/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ticketmaster Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

A 4 days ago we bought 3 tickets each $71 tax include for Caifanes concert Dec 04 2019 in Miami James L Knight center theatre. The day of the concert the tickets change the price to $27 + better chairs! That’s no fair! We called Ticketmaster customer service and they only can change our places if we pay $10 more so we can sit next the people that paid $27 and In the end I have to pay $81 for that ticket! This is a total customer abuse!!! Never in my life going to buy from ticketmaster!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Ticketmaster charged me twice for the same concert and after I reached out to them to request a refund since they duplicated the charge they stated that I authorized the transaction and refused to refund me my money. I asked why would I buy a pair of tickets twice? Wouldnt I just buy 4 at a time so I don't get charged a service fee twice and they couldn't say anything other than "you authorized it". Extremely unhelpful vendor. I will never buy tickets through them again. On top of that they sent the duplicate pair of tickets to an old email address that I have no access to.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I bought tickets to the Aerosmith Deuces Are Wild show in Las Vegas. I go to check on tickets before the concert and I can’t get into the Ticketmaster app. I called their service line and they told me to delete app and install again, purchase more tickets then get a refund on the tickets. After many calls and they said I was getting a refund now they are denying it. They denied my refund because now they said I used two different apps to purchase the tickets. What a rip off.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

On Saturday October 12, 2019 my wife and I had two tickets to attend the Jerry Seinfeld Show at the Tilles Center. Due to a false fire alarm that was unable to be silenced, Jerry Seinfeld left the stage at 9:35 PM which was only one hour after the show started. Jerry Seinfeld's show was cut short due to the Tilles Center's false fire alarm, and the staff at the Tilles Center unable to stop the alarm. I am asking for a full refund of $703.90 from Ticketmaster for not providing me with the full show that I paid for. TicketMaster would not provide any refund, and told me to contact the venue. Thus they have no issue with selling the tickets, but provide no service with show related issues.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I purchased tickets from Ticketmaster for Jerry Seinfeld at The Reno Event Center on June 6, 2019. I purchased the tickets for my husband's birthday. As the date of the event approached, Saturday October 9, 2019, I received a few emails from Ticketmaster about the event. On the date of the event I attempted to download the tickets to my cell phone. The link came up but when I clicked on it I got a message that said "You have no upcoming events at this time." I tried several times with no success. When we got to the venue we went to the box office with the order number. They told me that the number was not a Ticketmaster number, so they checked the seat numbers and told us that the tickets were in someone else's name. I asked them if they could check to see if someone was sitting in those seats. They would not do that.

All the employees in the box office were trying to help. They even took my phone to try to download the tickets but were unsuccessful. I tried to call Ticketmaster customer service but of course they were closed. Feeling very unset and frustrated all we could do was leave. I was in tears. The next day I called Ticketmaster customer service to get a refund. They explained to me that I had purchased resale tickets from someone else selling their tickets on the Ticketmaster website. I was totally confused and had no idea that anyone with tickets could resell them using the Ticketmaster website. After a Long conversation with customer service the conclusion was the name on the original tickets was not transferred into my name by Ticketmaster. The associate I talked to told me that an investigation would have to be done and they would contact me with the results.

I called Ticketmaster once a week for three weeks with no answer about my refund. Finally I called again on Thursday November 14, 2019 and was told I would not be receiving a refund. Can you imagine how I felt? My husband and I are below poverty level. I had to sell some of my dead mother's jewelry to be able to even buy these tickets for my husband. I paid $438.84 for a service that we didn't get, and it was out of my control. It was a Ticketmaster error. Why are we are being punished?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Rip offs! Purchased a ticket. Didn't realize it was for the wrong location. I wasn't asking for a refund. Just fix it for the right location. I even offered to pay the difference if there was one. The other ticket concert is over a month away and the location is on the East coast. I live in the midwest. Doesn't even give me the option to sell either. This is so horrible. Just money thrown away.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I bought 4 tickets the day before the game and planned on spending the day at the stadium before the game. Well they could not secure the tickets I bought till one hour before the game ruining my game day experience. I had my children with me and they missed out on all the fun pregame activities because Ticketmaster could not come through on what they promised. Will never use Ticketmaster again and recommend no one else does so either.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I wanted to attend the FAMU vs BCU game (The classic) on 11/23 at 3:30 pm so I purchased my ticket (order number **) through Ticketmaster. I found a ticket that cost 80.00 plus with taxes & service fee made the total cost of the ticket to by 99.14. I brought this ticket around 3:20 pm in the afternoon and the game was scheduled to start at 3:30 pm. I proceed to stand in line to enter the football stadium to watch this game.

As a I made my way pass security, I then showed the attendant my ticket through my phone. The attendant proceeds to scan my ticket and reported back to me that my ticket had already been scan. I then told the attendant that this could not have been possible due to just recently buying through Ticketmaster. The attendant called her coworker to try to fix this situation buy opening my Ticketmaster application and scanning my ticket. The attendant to me that she was not able to scan my ticket. I responded back to the coworker saying how is this possible when I purchase this ticket and show proof of purchase through my receipt, and my ticket through account Ticketmaster. The attendant referred me to the ticket resolution.

I went to ticket resolution and explained my situation to person at the ticket resolution station. He said that believes me, but he cannot resolve the problem. I began to show some frustration as I was denied to right to enter the building due to having a faculty ticket. I demanded to talk to a supervisor or a Ticketmaster service rep to resolve this problem. The attendant at the Ticketmaster desk spoke to his supervisor via phone and told me that i need to speak to box office. i told to attendant that this is not fair due to purchasing my ticket legally through Ticketmaster, showing proof of ticket purchase and waiting in line to enter the arena. I also told him that I would like to see a ticket history in which reluctantly did after my third request.

The attendant at the ticket resolution saw the purchase time at 3:20 pm but also said that someone happen enter the building with my ticket. I again told him how is that possible with the timeline of events. I then reluctantly went to the box office to quickly resolve this issue. I told that person who was hired to monitor the line that I wanted to speak to a customer rep at the box office to fix this issue. The worker made me go to the back of the line and I waited about 15 minutes to speak to a customer rep at the box office. I told the worker at the box office about my situation and show her the ticket on my phone. I then open my account through Ticketmaster through my phone and give the worker my phone to resolve this issue. The worker took my phone and proceed to head to the back with my phone with another coworker.

After about five minutes the worker came back and told me that I have call Ticketmaster. I was very upset and told the lady that I lawfully paid for my ticket and have proof that purchased my ticket. The lady then brushed me off. I called Ticketmaster and after 15 minutes spoke to a service rep. I told the service rep at Ticketmaster that I am not able to attend the game using the Ticketmaster ticket that was purchased due it already being supposed scan already. The lady at Ticketmaster said that my ticket was still valid and that I should be used to attend the game. I then told the customer service rep at Ticketmaster to tell the service rep at the box office so I can use the ticket. The customer service rep stated that she was not able to do that action because they have two different system.

I then asked for a refund back and the lady to me that I cannot get a refund since the game already started. I told the lady that that is fraud by charged for a service that i did not use. I told her that i show proof of purchased and that i attended the game on time to watch the game. The customer service rep said that am reporting this fraud to my bank and filing a complaint.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I bought Ticketmaster's venue parking to go along with my Hamilton tickets. The tickets for the actual event were very easy to acquire and use. The parking was a different story. The address they gave me was to the venue, not to the parking garage. I had to rely on the advice of a friend who had been there before, and we had to assume my ticket was for the same garage she had parked in. After 30 minutes of driving around, we finally got in the parking garage only to have my mobile ticket DENIED by the machine reader. Even though we had scheduled to arrive early, finding parking took up all our extra time, so we had to just buy the garage's more expensive parking pass so we wouldn't miss the event.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

On the 17th November 2019 I bought tickets to a concert at the Tivoli Brisbane. The site CLEARLY showed what section I was buying my ticket in (in the upper dress circle). There were over 100 tickets for sale left in that section. They are still available 6 days later. Luckily I checked my ticket when it was sent through as they had allocated my tickets behind the mixers (no view and a totally different section of the venue). I've sent a complaint to no avail, they answered since the complaint was filed on the 17th November. I phoned on the 22nd and was told bad luck, it's not their problem. This is straight out thievery. At least when I buy off a scalper I get the seat I bought. I will endeavor to complain to anybody I can, including the ombudsman, small claims and if necessary, A Current Affair. Ticketmaster are a straight out ripoff organization without any regards to their customers.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs