1.10/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1117 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Recently bought 8 tickets to an event along with extra pit passes & parking. Went thru all screens & never once did anything show extra fees, just kept a running total in top right hand corner (which I trusted was the accurate amount... silly me). After clicking on "View Receipt" once my purchase was made I saw that an extra $120 had been added to my bill for additional fees. That makes my tickets 1.5 times more than planned! Called customer service to let them know it seemed a sneaky way to add in fees. I was forwarded to a manager who insisted they do have that screen (detailing the fees) & if I didn't see it it's probably because I'm using the wrong internet browser. Really? Every other page came up but that one?

I assured him I wouldn't be calling if I'd have seen & agreed to that screen showing me extra charges prior to my purchase, however, he proceeded to tell me I was wrong & there's nothing he'd do about it because it was my fault for not finding out what the fees were ahead of time & adding it up myself before I made the purchase to make sure the amount was right. In hindsight yes, I wish I would've dug further into it but I also trusted the amount Ticketmaster was showing was correct & that if there were extra fees they would show those prior to purchase (as most websites do such as hotels, clothing, etc.)

After this experience I will not be using Ticketmaster again & urge anyone considering using them to call the venue directly or find other avenues of purchasing your tickets! They have hidden fees, their customer service is horrible, & even though they have a satisfaction guarantee they won't refund most tickets once purchased or do anything to make it right!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

So I bought tickets for Cher in MGM Park for the 8pm show on November 3rd. I was aware that the tickets were for 8pm but when we left the hotel around 7.40, the app was showing that the show was at 9PM. So we took our time and still made to the venue around 8.40 and got in close to 8.50. We had missed about half the show already. We flew to Vegas just to watch Cher and booked it months in advance. I get that, as a customer, I should do my own due diligence with the tickets that the show but why do you create an APP that shows the wrong time? (I have the screenshots, which the Ticketmaster customer representative did not even give me a chance to share them because 'apparently, in their system it's showing the right time.)

Shouldn't you create an app that is reliable and convenient for the customer? Is it our job to constantly check on other sources what time the show is? I've been buying all my tickets for games, concerts and stand up shows through Ticketmaster, but their non-accurate app, lack of incentive for their app's mistake and lack of after sales service, where I could share what was showing on my APP to help better themselves, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Purchased a ticket to the Georgia/Florida game and never received it! Do not do business with this company. They have yet to refund my money!!! I don't know how Ticketmaster is affiliated with this company!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

TICKETMASTER RIPS EVERYBODY OFF. This has happened to me twice now, and was reported in September after an investigation. The first time it happens, I didn't understand it, but knew I had been ripped off. This time, not as badly. HATE TICKETMASTER. The pants ought to be sued off of them, and the system changed to be fair and to sell seats at their original price.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Block H Row 40 Seat 22 - Comfort — nil — view — large obstacle blocking main screen, main stage not completely visible. The screens are only an excuse of a facility. Your charges are outlandish in the hospitality department — total Rip-off. Never again. I won’t be back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

When buying tickets from Ticketmaster be very careful! You are probably buying insurance you did not want from Allianz Insurance. I bought tickets on-line and all went smoothly until half an hour later when I received an e-mail from Allianz Insurance thanking me for buying their insurance. I definitely was not asked if I wanted to buy their insurance. So probably some well hidden box was already ticked in the ticket purchase agreement with Ticketmaster.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I booked a ticket to a Broadway show on their website. I of course didn't double check anything before I entered my credit card details and clicked 'purchase.' I sent the details to my wife who spotted the issue straight away... I was pretty sure this would be a black spot in the marriage forever! I checked the Ticketmaster website for returns/changes to booking policy. The theatre was not a member of Ticketmaster's 'Fan Guarantee' program and there was no option at all to change one's booking.

As a last ditch effort, I called the customer service helpline. I could not have had a better service. I explained my problem (and admitted my mistake) and the customer service representative did everything possible to rectify my problem. It took 40 mins on the phone (while she had to look up the returns policy, speak to manager, unlock reserved seats etc) but the job was done. When I realized I'd made a mistake with Ticketmaster, my heart dropped as I had heard about their bad reputation. I thought I'd lost my money. However, this OUTSTANDING customer service experience has totally changed my opinion of the company. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Do NOT buy tickets here. We Purchased Jeff Dunham tickets in Binghamton, NY. Paid a lot extra for 2 or the 4 seats. I bought to receive 1 premium reserved ticket, throw blanket, lithograph and squat plush doll. Needless to say did not receive and they claim I got a different package!!! I know what I got as the were for my nephew and daughter. PERIOD! I emailed and called and nothing. In the email they don't even tell you the kind of ticket you purchased. UNACCEPTABLE. I will never get tickets again, $365.55 kids seats off to the side of stage VS our seats $128.15 with better view than kids had right in front EXTRA paid for nothing.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We wanted tickets for MercyMe. When you go to the site it auto takes you to Ticketmaster. I realize the tickets will be higher than list. They were listed at $119 each. Click pay and suddenly $159. Called, emailed, etc immediately. Nothing can be done. All sales are final. Ticket price was $87 so paid about double. I am not upset about the higher price of $119 but adding another $40 at the tail end should be considered fraud. I wish all artists would band together and forbid use of ticket agencies. Let the fans see them without being frauded.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

So I bought some Widespread Panic tickets for their upcoming shows in Las Vegas back in mid-June. I won't be able to make it so I went into my account to figure out how I can sell these "mobile tickets". Via their website, there are two options, resell via Ticketmaster or transfer to an outside company (StubHub for example). Well, for these tickets, neither option was available so I got in touch with Ticketmaster figuring something was wrong with the site.

I have now chatted with them twice and was told neither option is available for these tickets. I have no recourse to sell these tickets. I was actually told the only way I would be able to sell them is to give someone access to my Ticketmaster account and have them log in to pull the mobile tickets themselves. I was then hung up on...both times. All I can say is these guys are ripping people off left and right. The FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection needs to come down on these guys. Absolutely a terrible company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought 2 tickets for my daughter and son-in-law as gift for Circuit of the Americas in October. Before the final order I was not given an option to review my order nor was I given the option to put in shipping address. After paying I was told that tickets will be mailed to the billing address. I called the customer service and told them that I need the package to be mailed to my daughter and not the billing address. I gave them the shipping address and was told the package will be shipped to the address I provided and not the billing address.

On Oct 9th I received an email notifying me that the tickets was on its way and shipped to the billing address (my address instead of my daughter's). I called the customer service again and talked to Andrea and she again told me that don't worry about the email since the package was sent to the address I had provided (my daughter's). However, I received the tickets like I feared and had to mail them to my daughter. I paid twice for shipping. First to Ticketmaster and then again to send them to my daughter. This even after calling them two times. Very disappointed in their poor service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Literally everything about this company has let me down. They have now erased all the customer service in Ireland, which is illegal. they have numbers online which are not in service. I have a 150 euro voucher which Ticketmaster are saying was already 'used' - not by me. So my birthday present form my parents has apparently been used by Ticketmaster. so now I'm out-of-pocket 150 euro, missing my gig with no customer support, I literally feel as if I have been robbed 150 by Ticketmaster - well I have! not to mention all the disgusting and corrupt practices this company is constantly trying to pull off. Laws in Ireland literally had to be changed so this scumbag company would stop ripping-off its clients and its customers, for decades!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I tried to buy tickets for a particular game, and accidentally selected the wrong date (same day and date, wrong month). I called within 10 minutes and they said there wasn't anything that could be done, except to "resell" the tickets. We have lost all our money (2K, because the tickets didn't sell, and Ticketmaster puts a minimum at which you can sell tickets). Needless to say, we can't attend the game we actually wanted to -- which was a wedding bachelor party. A terrible outcome, and really upset a lot of people. Heartless, ruthless, and greedy. DON'T buy from them -- ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I want to warn anyone who has an older cell phone not to do business with Ticketmaster when it is a question of getting the tickets on your mobile. In particular, if you have a Blackberry operating system of any kind, stay away from this company. Basically, they take your money, and then you find out that you have to have particular types of cell phone operating system to receive the tickets on the cell phone. And of course, they won't return your money. If there were reliable consumer laws in this area of commerce, these folks would be out of business. I won't do business with them again, and I am going to look for someone who actually says old fashioned hard copy tickets.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I was buying tickets right in front of the stage (3 tickets), put the tickets in the cart and when I paid they changed my tickets to way in the back! Contact customer service and they said nothing could be done! I’ll never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I had two tickets to Phil Collins, but can’t use them so I put them up for sale. After they were sold on September 30, I was given an email that said I would receive my money in 5-7 business days. Well after that time passed I received another email that I need to reset my bank information, why? I am not sure but they said my bank would not accept the deposit. I called my bank and they said no had tried to make any deposit electronic or otherwise to my account. And now because of their email to reset my bank account info I have to wait another 5-7 days?!

I now called them and spent over 2 hours on the phone with 3 people who did nothing but tell me my bank, Chase, does not know how to accept deposits? I said please just mail me my payment. They said, "We can’t do it" and now I had to reset my information yet again. Let’s see what happens yet again in 5-7 days. I was told nobody has issues but after finding this site I see I am not alone. Wish I had seen this before! They need to be held accountable for their actions.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had a presale code for Elton John 10am today. I populated all the information as to how many tickets, etc and it threw me off my own laptop. Advised my to switch to my phone or another device. By the time I did that nothing available since we were already at 10:07. There is so much deceit. I cannot believe that this company has been allowed to be the sole distributor of many concert venues (at ticket price).

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Ticketmaster is a rip off! 2 times they sold me tickets for a premium to sit on the floor or close to the stage and swapped the tickets, advertised and confirmed at checkout, with tickets at the very back of the venue. DO NOT buy from these crooks!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Wanted concert tickets. Only available online. Was directed to site instantly when tickets supposedly were available. Set parameters very quickly and then watched the blue spinning wheel for 10 minutes while the screen said: don’t refresh or navigate away or you’ll lose your place in line! When the wheel stopped spinning, it read “Nothing available”.

These guys sell to and encourage the ‘bot sales so individual buyers can’t get reasonably priced tickets! There’s no way that regular people could have bought up every ticket that fast. I opened 2 new windows and went to reseller sites immediately after I got the message, and there were all the tickets, for higher prices. I’ll never attempt to buy Ticketmaster tickets again! If everyone just walked away and didn’t attend the concerts, that would force these guys to treat people properly.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Worst customer service, never paid me by resale money and did not solve problem with multiple emails. Forget calling them, you will waste hours of your life on hold and no one will solve the issue. If you can help it, do NOT buy tickets or sell tickets on Ticketmaster. Use literally ANY other company you can.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have purchased 2 mobile tickets for my husband as a birthday gift. I transferred the tickets to him. He got an email with the transfer but... when he tried to accept the tickets he got the information that the tickets have been accepted by different email address... so I sent a massage to customer support. They told me they are not able to do anything. I lost my money and my tickets. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I bought tickets to Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods concert back in February. I believe it was the day the tickets went on sale or perhaps American Express pre-sale. I paid $160 + fees, totally $371.13 for the 2 tickets. I thought the tickets would be hot, having just come off of his Super Bowl halftime show. Unfortunately, the tickets were not selling. There is still a lot of tickets available in Ticketmaster. To my surprise, they DROPPED THE PRICE TO $95 for the same tickets! My friend and I lost interest in going to the concert and decided to put the tickets on sale. We were willing to take some loss since Ticketmaster is selling them $65 cheaper. To our surprise, Ticketmaster would not allow us to list the tickets for less than $160.02. Is this legal? This is so unethical!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

About a week ago, my best friend and I bought tickets to Adam Gontier's acoustic concert in Greece from "Public" stores. We went at Kyttaro, the place where the concert was to be held, about three hours before the event, to make sure that we would get front row seats, since we'd been dying to see this man perform live and it was his first time coming to our country. When the time to get inside came though, the people who were supposed to scan our tickets and see if they were real or fake couldn't do that because, apparently, Ticketmaster had forgotten to send Public the barcodes they were supposed to put on our tickets so that they could be scanned.

So we were waiting there for three hours to get a nice view of one of our favorite singers on stage and suddenly we're not allowed in and have to wait along with some others in the corner for our tickets to be verified. All this, while watching everyone else, even the people who arrived there last minute, get inside before us. Finally, they let us in since they understood it wasn't our fault and I still managed to get my friend through the crowd and get a seat at one of the corners in front of the stage. Concert was amazing (as expected), but this experience before the start of the event almost ruined it for us. If Ticketmaster is to collaborate with other companies and stores and allow them to sell their tickets, they should at least do it right or not do it at all.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Paid for a concert that I could not even attend & got charged for insurance that I did not ask for on top of that. Bought tickets for the Drake/Migos concert for what I thought was the September 1st concert (Saturday) knowing that I would not be able to attend a weekday event due to school & work. Not to mention, I purchased 2 tickets for my boyfriend and I!!! However, when I went to check for my tickets the night prior to the Saturday show it showed up as August 28th (Tuesday; past event)... I called Ticketmaster and asked them if they can refund my money because I would never intentionally have bought tickets for a weekday show knowing that I wouldn’t have been able to attend due to priorities. Ticketmaster proceeded to put in a lost form to see if my money would be refunded.

Later, that same day I asked if I could possibly get other seats for that same show & again, all they did was put in another lost form just for it to get denied... I was not offered any other seats (my tickets were for section 106 seats 11-12). Long story short, I was not offered a great amount of help with Ticketmaster's services, I did not get a refund for my $269.00, nor was offered any extra assistances or advice for getting other tickets for the same event. My money went to waste & I missed my first concert! I would not recommend Ticketmaster services as it became inconvenience & no help at all! It was a terrible experience with their service and return policy even after getting charged for insurance that did not help anything!!! I would not recommend this service for purchasing tickets!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We were given Ticketmaster gift cards totaling $150.00. We have tried to use them for sporting events including professional and college games. In every case using a gift card was not allowed, as they are only allowed for their chosen events. Which are hard to find and don't include anything popular. They blame it on partner companies and will not refund the money. This is after being on the phone with extremely poor customer service for more that 2 hours. Get the news out there to not use Ticketmaster and do not give Ticketmaster Gift Cards as gifts.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Warning: DO NOT ever resell tickets through Ticketmaster. I have been waiting for almost a month for them to pay me. Meanwhile they have my money and two happy people have my tickets. Their incompetence is beyond anything I have ever seen. The first two attempts were to an account that hasn't been linked to Ticketmaster in months. Each time I have been told to "update my payment info" but what they didn't bother to tell me is that by doing so I reset the 7 day clock. They are now telling me that I will finally be paid on 9/13... FIVE DAYS AFTER THE EVENT and just over a month since I sold the tickets. DO NOT USE.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased tickets for the Women’s Final at the US OPEN. I selected the section I wanted. To my surprise, my receipt showed a completely different section. I immediately contacted customer service whereby no one was willing or able to rectify the situation. Ticketmaster is using deceptive bait-and-switch tactics to sell event tickets. They also fail to identify that these were resale tickets and hence are not refundable. Purchasing tickets should not be a game of luck and chance. Worst experience. I should not have to go to my banking institution to resolve unscrupulous practice. Will not use them ever. Issue for the FTC.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Today, I tried to buy tickets to a concert in Toronto, Canada. Only automatic attendant was available during working hours. She kept asking for the name of the event, the performer, the date - again and again - but could not understand or find anything. Also, I needed some information, but the voice refused to put me though to an agent, until she finds the event. Finally, the automatic attendant made three offers of seats - and hanged up. There were many other seats available, but I was not allowed to make my own choice. So I cannot buy the tickets, although I want to.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

After searching online for a contact then being purposely disconnected by the automated system I have had it. It is the worst display of service. They offer none. They have their system set up to avoid human communication for a reason and I speculate that is because really they know their service is awful and unjust. I can not believe we have no other system in Canada to buy tickets.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I purchased 2 tickets for OTRII Tour at FedEx Field. Almost $500.00. The seat map was very misleading. Where the stage was shown, it was actually not as far back as shown. When I purchased it did NOT say obstructed view. I buy tix for Beyonce all the time and the jumbo screen is a large part of the show. We were seated BEHIND the screen. We asked to be moved, spent too much time at customer service, thus missing some of the show, and was never accommodated. I emailed 3 times, called and it took a month before I was told my refund was denied. Pure greed for them to sell those seats when you could not see the show! And no disclaimer! Everyone around us was saying the same thing. Ticketmaster is a ripoff! Scam. I will never buy from them again.

Ticketmaster expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

• Best for: Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs