2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.74/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Ticketmaster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: March 1, 2020

Ticketmaster seems to be the major ticket website around my city. They have real time information on the tickets you are looking for like which seats are still available and show an accurate seating map so you can see exactly were your seats will be. They show sec # and seat#. It also shows how many seats are remaining for sale buy section. They tell you if the tickets are resell tickets (from previous buyers) or from the venue itself. You can save time and narrow down the field by using the TYPE link. It can show you all regular tickets or best seat, V.I.P, most expensive, least expensive, Fan Club Seats and Preferred seats and more all with a click.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Two years ago my friend and I wanted to go see Metallica at the NRG stadium in Houston. My friend has a prosthetic leg and in the past it has been difficult to attend concerts. The stairs and walking tires a person who has two good legs but in his condition it is 10 fold. The ticket agent I dealt with was wonderful. She was able to get us excellent seats and elevator passes that your everyday consumer can not get. We were very pleased with the Price which I only paid $70.00 a piece for. The customer service she gave was exceptional and we had a blast. There was a Ticketmaster rep there to escort us the the stadium and the parking was front row. I contacted two other ticket vendors. One was the NRG ticket phone line and neither went to the length they did.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Remember when Ticketmaster was it? That was where we all got our tickets. Like, all of them! It was akin to “the” sheriff, located next to the pub, and the post office in a small town. Tickets? Ticketmaster. Obviously the internet changed this dramatically, and so Ticketmaster had to either roll with the punches and stand their ground, or be destroyed. I think they’ve done a pretty good job with that. They occasionally do feel a little more expensive than their competitors, though. I’ve searched and found a better deal on this or that, but in the end Ticketmaster is a name I trust. If there’s one thing they have that the others don’t, it’s their name on the faces of stubs from some of the best experiences of my younger years. That matters right now. People are bound to be loyal to that. Especially these days where everything is so canned, and temporary.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The website was well constructed and easy to navigate. It would have been nice to have a link with the ticket seating chart to give you a better perspective of where the stage would be in relation to the seat area. For us, It was difficult to tell just by looking at the blocked out areas. Upon looking it up online elsewhere which was very time consuming, we realized we need much closer tickets to enjoy the show that we wanted to see as we've never been to the venue.

The other thing may be worth mentioning is the Ticketmaster tends to be on the higher side of the price scale when there are competing companies offering comparable tickets for sometimes significantly less. Consequently, my dream of being front row- and eventually the pit of course- at SOAD May 2020, L.A Ca, was quickly crushed, but will live on...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I trust Ticketmaster to purchase tickets from. We have gone to various concerts over the years and we have purchased through Ticketmaster. There are other vendors who sell these tickets, but we are wary of them as we do not know if they are legitimate, a scam, internet hoax or just thieves. Some of the concerts we have been to over the years are: Miranda Lambert, Bon Jovi, Styx, Elton John, Queensryche, Journey, Heart, Foreigner, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, Celine Dion, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, BeeGees, Lalapolooza, Hamilton Joe Franklin & Reynolds, Three Dog Night, The Pretenders, Pat Benatar, Rascal Flatts, Motley Crew, Van Halen, The Cure, Reo Speedwagon, Night Ranger. Those are the concerts I can remember. I am sure there were more.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I purchased ticket for concert that got canceled due to pandemic. Was told I would get refund on used credit card in 30 days. 60 days later no refund. Emailed to ask what’s up and received email stating I would see refund on next credit card billing. Two credit card billings later, still no refund. No one to talk to. Website says you need to go into your account and click contact in bottom right-hand corner. There is no contact there to click. So I emailed fan base and they just tell me I have to go into my account and click on contact in bottom right-hand corner. I told them there is nothing there or anywhere on my account. They just repeated themselves. With no contact there is no means to email, chat, or call. Bottom line, I got ripped off $77.58. Beware! This pandemic gives them free reins to rip people off with nowhere to go!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Trevor Noah show was rescheduled from April to September. Due to the current circumstances, we are unable to attend to the show and so we have asked for a refund. After several emails during the past few months, we had no response until a month ago that the customer service said they are looking into it... No more responses after that... I cancelled many other events this summer and had no problem with the service... We are extremely disappointed! I would never ever choose them again to book tickets!

Original review: July 18, 2020

Purchased ticket to event My Songs - Sting at Caesars Palace on event for Aug 26, 2020. When checking the status on the ticket, I found that it was rescheduled for May 12, 2021. After contacting them, they said I miss the windows for the refund. They said they sent out an email. I have verified with my mail exchange and search my email account and not email was received. Ticketmaster Fan Support could not resend or verified when the email was sent. Just that it showed in their system that it was sent. On the second call to them, trying to get this resolved or possible change dates, since I was unable to attend the rescheduled date.

Reading this from their website: If an event is rescheduled, your tickets are still valid for the new date and no further action is required. If you can’t make the new date, in many cases event organizers will provide you the option to request a refund, or they may be offering you the option to choose a refund or a credit. We will send you a notification email as soon as the event organizer updates the status of the event. The email will also specify the timeframe the event organizer is making refund and/or credit options available; either 30 days from when you received your notification email or up until two weeks prior to the rescheduled date. Ticketmaster Fan Support agent informed me they don't do refunds. We purchased the ticket insurance, but was told the only way I could use that is if we were sick or dead. I would have to contact the insurance provider for this.

I asked about move the date to another date I could attend. The agent informed me that they would need approval for that and they would send me an email if approved and would call me to reschedule seating assignment. She also said they would waive the reschedule fee since of all the trouble I was having. Got the email approving the exchange that evening. I contact them the next day to do the exchange. The Ticketmaster Fan Support Agent said it was denied. I informed the new I was speaking of the entire issue I was having and that I received the approved email from them. The agent placed me on hold and came back and informed me it was approved and the agent I spoke to yesterday should of handled this exchange since no approval was needed. He said they would be a exchange fee and the mobile ticket app would not work with this ticket so I would have to pick them up at the box office.

To do this exchange for an addition 20.00 for both ticket and 12.00 to pick up the ticket at the box office event. Ticket Master organization in a whole is untrustworthy and doesn't care about customer service at all. They post their FAQ on their website, but don't follow them. This is false advertisement and unjust business practices. I would recommend to use any other ticketing service that TicketMaster. They are only masters of deception and untruthfulness.

Original review: July 15, 2020

It's been 3 months since my concert was postponed. Nothing has changed and still not able to get my money back. Contacted customer service and they wouldn't help at all. They said I had to continue to wait until one day someone might reschedule the event, even though I still can't go.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Poor customer service and refund process. Event was canceled out have no updates. For the event cancel an agent during a chat inquiry stated that I will see my refund on 7/4/2020 Still no updates. Ticket holders paid Ticketmaster directly so if we qualify for refunds they should be processed promptly and not be told that they will not give us the money back because the organizer did not give them the money back and at least have the courtesy to offer discounts on future purchases or whatever else given that you are holding our money now. I do understand that this are difficult times, however I have been waiting patiently for a resolve on over $500.

Ticketmaster author review by ConsumerAffairs

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.

• Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.

• Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.

• Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.

• Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team