4.9/5 (148 ratings)

About Zicasso

Zicasso Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Spain travel: I typed in google Spain luxury travel and Zicassso came up. I decided to give it a try since I had since theri company show up before. They directed me to their Spain tour operator. They contacted me and asked few questions. They came back with a proposal which after a couple of phone calls not accepted. They delivered everything they offered. Transfers were on time, every time. Hotels as expected. They informed one day prior to activity the meeting time, place and driver and tour guide phone numbers. Tour guides were actually very knowledgeable. Drivers extremely courteous. My whole family had fun. I have no doubt in recommended their services. No worries luxury travel!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I have used Zicasso twice now, the first trip was back in 2017 to Croatia, and the agent helped us with a wonderful trip that included Croatia, Slovenia, and Montenegro. That time was a family trip for 7 of us. We had great experiences. The hotel, the local tours, the private drivers, and the guides were outstanding, so this year, in 2022, I had to plan a romantic trip to France, so I decided to contact Zicasso again. Yes, the price was a little higher than our budget, and some of the hotel rooms were outdated, but overall the trip to France was planned well. The agent who I worked with is there for us; anytime you need them, you get a response. The trip was smooth, and all the local guides were knowledgeable and on time. I know if I planned the trip myself, I would save some money, but because I don't know the area well enough that I won't want to take that risk.

The agent who I worked with also upfront of the markup, and we even got some funds returned back to us because one of the trips got shortened. I don't mind some markup since they are doing all the planning and the work, and if I don't want to pay the markup, then I will have to do things myself. the bottom line is the trip was fun, it met all we were looking for, and the local drivers and guides were all on time the only thing I can change is yes, some of the hotels were outdated, and wish we could have better ones. BUT all the hotels were at super great locations. If I am planning for another trip, I would still get a quote from Zicasso again, and they were never pushy or expect you to sign up with them.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I've used Zicasso twice to plan really special family trips in Europe and South America. Both times I was connected with local agencies who listened to what we were looking for and hooked us up with experiences that were a perfect fit for our traveling style. I really appreciated how I could set the budget and they stayed within it without cutting corners.

Even though the local agencies were unaffiliated with each other they both worked the same way: very personalized service, working with a single person throughout the whole experience, strong attention to detail and excellent support the whole way. Travel was super smooth but on both trips we ran into unforeseen medical problems and both times the agencies were there to make sure we were taken care of. I am actually pretty excited to plan my next dream vacation with them! By the way--go see the Galapagos Islands! Wow!

Original review: July 24, 2022

I was planning a Spain trip for my wife and myself in 2019 for travel dates in 2020. I got proposals for an itinerary from several travel companies and liked Zicasso's the best. After talking to them and developing a final trip itinerary, I researched how long they had been in the business. Although that was pre-Covid times, I'm so glad I did that. Zicasso not only turned out to be a solid company, but also very easy to deal with when the trip had to be delayed, ultimately, to May of 2022. We just returned a month ago. The cost turned out to be a few dollars LESS than the 2019 final price. That's amazing in itself but more important to us was the ease of re-engaging with the same representative and having minor changes and additions handled quickly and efficiently. They even provided a hotspot WIFI device (at no extra cost) that was needed for GPS on rental car days, but also turned out to be the faster internet connection compared to most of the hotel connections. This is a fine fine company.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I found the company while searching tour companies for my summer trip to France with the family. I was interested by the concept and decided to try it out. After entering some simple information including the dates we were traveling, destination and budget, I was able to sit back and see what happened next. Soon, I was contacted by a Zicasso advisor who explained the process. I then was contacted by 2 local agents in France (Paris and Lyon). I would highly recommend connecting with the agents by video chat if possible instead of phone only. They asked exploratory questions about what I wanted out of our trip, about the likes/preferences of our family and whether I wanted to drive or not.

After that, the two agents were able to start brainstorming activities. Each had some great individual excursions that sounded outstanding. Both took feedback well and modified their itineraries. Eventually, I selected the agent I felt most confident in and he was able to update our final itinerary to include the best activities from both companies. It turned out to be a great trip packed with everything we wanted. Hotel selections were excellent and showed the local expertise as locations in Paris were centrally located and close to multiple attractions and metro stops.

We could tell that he had used the lodging options many times before outside of Paris (Normandy coast and Loire Valley) as well. Restaurant recommendations were also outstanding. I did not want to drive so we had a dedicated van and driver throughout our itinerary outside of Paris. They were able to stick to our budget and I was freed from having to do any of the planning or booking details! I will definitely use Zicasso again for my next trip.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

My husband and I wanted to plan a bucket list trip to Great Britain which would encompass specific sites that we were interested in visiting. No prepackaged tour would have been able to serve our needs. We were referred to Zicasso by a friend who had used their services for a trip to Italy and they were very satisfied. Zicasso referred us to two companies which had experience in planning trips to Great Britain. We talked to both of them and ended up selecting one for our travels. The company planned an amazing trip for us that involved many tickets and travel connections. We were very happy with the referral to this company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Each time I have used them they have provided the quality of personal service which have made my trip totally carefree and enjoyable. They have connected me with travel services which I could never have found on my own. I will be using them for every trip in the future. They have succeeded 5 times out of 5. It’s no coincidence, it’s quality.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Our trip to Greece was wonderful and exceeded every expectation. From the beginning stages of planning the trip to every day we experienced while in Greece. The Zicasso team really listened to what we wanted on our trip - visit Santorini to experience the culture and scenery and visit an island with nice beaches which we landed at Naxos from their recommendation. Plus, plan activities that we and our 8 year old son would enjoy together. All the activities planned were wonderful, having every transfer set-up during the entire trip was amazing. We did not have to think but just show up, relax and enjoy ourselves.100% would do it all over again!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Our family wanted to visit the Galapagos and didn't know how to start or who to contact. I had done some research and decided to go through Zicasso. They connected me with several travel agents. The whole experience was easy and they connected me with people that understood our expectations and that we could trust. The vacation was a trip of a lifetime and probably the most amazing vacation we have ever had. Zicasso made the experience less stressful. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I have mixed emotions writing this review. In 2019 my husband and I used Zicasso for our honeymoon to South Africa and it was just the most flawless and perfect vacation. We did a ton of things that the travel agency booked us including excursions/hotels and there were a lot of moving parts that just flowed so well together. I just couldn’t wait to use them again! Fast forward to 2022, we had a week of vacation in the south of France that my family and I were really looking forward to.

The agency quoted us $6,000 USD for 7 nights, 2 airport transfers and a day excursion with a private driver. My husband and I thought it was very expensive but with a family of 5, a presidential suite at a 4-star hotel we expected it. As soon as we got into our room and saw mold coming out of the air conditioner, the room was totally outdated, the balcony looking like it was about to collapse and the whole room reeking of mold, we stopped and asked ourselves where did the $6,000 go if the majority was to this room!?

I immediately told the hotel staff, they were booked up and couldn’t do anything that night. So the next morning I reached out to the agency and asked for a detailed receipt which they couldn’t provide. The gentleman mentioned Zicasso fees and the markups. I asked him numerous times where our money went to, I just couldn’t wrap my head around it. He was able to find 2 rooms at a much-updated hotel that turned out to be a million times better. I did my own research and found out the total cost of everything was just under $3,000 euros. I was livid. How could they overcharge us and take advantage of my family? I immediately contacted Zicasso and they mentioned they were doing an “investigation” during our trip and would reconnect as soon as we got home.

I had a phone call finally with an employee and she pretty much said Zicasso provides the marketing for these travel agencies and she can’t do anything for us to get even a portion of our money back. She says Zicasso has fees but it’s at the travel agency’s expense and shouldn’t be the customers. She also said that they will not be working with that agency anymore. I was mortified because my husband and I used our hard-working money for this trip that caused more headaches over anything. Zicasso is a marketing company, they are not in the travel business! This is so messed up because I have a few friends that are travel agents that don’t charge a thing since hotels/excursions etc. pay them to promote their businesses. Do your research and do not fall into a trap!

Zicasso author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zicasso partners with multiple travel agencies that specialize in specific styles of trips or destinations and puts agencies together with travelers. Founded in 2006, by two world travelers, Zicasso serves the luxury travel market from its headquarters in Mountain View, California.

• Regional specialists compete to plan trips: Clients receive unique travel opportunities, and agencies compete to get the clients' business, providing the client with perks and greater savings.

• Ease of booking: The agency selected arranges the details of the trip and handles booking everything for clients.

• Prescreened agencies: Agencies partnering with Zicasso are pre-screened to ensure quality standards are met every time.

• Custom itinerary design: Zicasso puts travelers together with an agent that works directly with them to fine tune their itinerary, creating an ideal vacation. In addition, that same agency is available 24/7 during the trip in case there are any problems along the way.

• No Zicasso fees for travelers: Travelers are not charged for using Zicasso, though travel agencies may charge travelers their normal fees.

Zicasso Company Information