2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

4.9/5 (136 ratings)

About Zicasso

Zicasso Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?

Original review: April 1, 2021

I booked a family trip with Zicasso for last June 2019, what I thought was going to be a trip of a life time for my family of 8 and then COVID happened. I cancelled my trip within the 90 days in which their documentation says I’m entitled to a FULL REFUND. Ever since then I have been trying to get my deposit back from this company but I’ve had absolutely no luck. I send them emails every other day about this pandemic and how it's not my fault that this happened but they do not care. They refuse to listen and refuse to refund our money. My family is out 5000. Money we can use right now to pay bills but they don’t want to listen.

We’ve all been impacted by this pandemic, I’ve been out of work myself and for a company like this to keep our money is disgusting. They sent me a voucher for 2021 however Europe is in another lockdown and they think I’m going to expose my family to this risk?! I am appalled with the lack of action and compassion this company has in a crisis like this. I DO NOT recommend ever trying to plan a trip with this company.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

We found Zicasso extremely useful in selecting our African safari guide & company. After completing the Zicasso input survey we were matched with two potential vendors. Both vendors reached out to us very quickly and provided excellent options. Knowing these vendors had already been vetted was a real confidence booster. We selected one of these two and were extremely pleased. Zicasso also made purchasing trip insurance very easy and convenient. We would definitely recommend Zicasso to other adventure travelers.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We were referred to Zicasso by a friend who used their services many times. We wanted to visit Egypt but we had no travel agent there who could help us organise the family trip. They put us in touch with a local travel agency and everything was perfect. We had a wonderful time and felt safe during all our trip, which was one of our biggest concerns.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The first time was three years ago for a trip to Greece, which was wonderful, but I won't review it here because it was so long ago. Bottom line, I had a great experience with Zicasso and their recommended travel companies for that trip that I looked them up again for a recent (Dec 2019/Jan 2020) trip to Australia. The response from Zicasso was immediate, and the response from the two selected travel agencies was within a few hours - despite the 16 hour time change between the US East Coast and Australia. We got a travel specialist who listened to our needs and wants, and put together a very lovely trip taking into account our wide variety of interests. I really appreciate her care in listening to what we wanted and turning that into a trip that was memorable and flawlessly planned. I will definitely use Zicasso again!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We have worked with Zicasso twice for family vacations with teens in locations in the Galapagos and in Australia. Each time, they found us terrific travel agents who came up with great, varied, itineraries that made everyone in the family happy. We were able to work with their agents on customized itineraries that met all our expectations and more.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

My wife and I have used the Zicasso Team for seven vacations (Africa, Spain, France, Peru, China). I think that says enough to convince the most skeptical customer that they are outstanding. We look forward to using them again!!! Hopefully that day is soon!!! Absolutely 5 Star!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We obtained Zicasso's web site through internet searches. We liked what we read regarding their services to refer travelers to quality tour companies. We were planning a family trip to Italy. Zicasso put us in touch with two companies that competed with several itineraries so we could get a good feel for the services and costs of each company. Eventually, one company wanted a large non-refundable service fee per person which would be applied to our trip should we go with them. Since they had been the higher cost provider, we continued to work with the second company with which we ultimately committed to use and had an exceptional experience in Italy.

Transportation was provided for our six travelers and luggage to get us to/from the airport, train station, tour sites. Train reservations were made, go to the head of the line tour tickets to various sites such as the Vatican, etc., were provided. The company used very reputable tour guides several indicating they had 25-30 years experience, and it showed. We had the trip of a lifetime, and couldn't be more pleased with Zicasso's research to provide quality in-country tour companies to make planning easier from the US.

An example of the better quality issue was the Vatican tour. My son studied in Italy for a semester and made a trip to Rome. Not knowing any better, he saw many tour guides outside the Vatican with credentials to provide tours. He indicated that his tour guide spent about 1/2 hour taking him through the Vatican museum, St. Peters Basilica and Square without a lot of detailed knowledge. Our tour company arranged to have a tour guide with 30 years experience, was transitioning to start working for the Vatican, and provided us skip the line tickets and a 3 hour tour, where her in-depth knowledge was on full display. Similar quality tours and drivers were provided for our visits to Napoli and Florence. Well done Zicasso.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Really enjoyed our experience with Zicasso! They did a great job start to finish with making sure our trip was planned and executed properly. Will definitely use again and recommend to others as well!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Zicasso matches people who are interested in traveling with travel agents with expertise in the area they are interested in traveling to. I have used them twice; once for help in planning safaris to Southern Africa and another time for a trip to Panama. In both cases they put me in touch with terrific travel agents who I used to plan and book both trips. There is no pressure to choose a Zicasso recommended travel agent. The agents contact you and describe their expertise and services. The client can make use of them or not as they see fit. I found the agents who contacted me through Zicasso to be exactly what I was looking for; knowledgeable, helpful, and focused on tailoring a trip to my needs and interests. I plan to continue to use Zicasso in planning future travels.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

We booked the private tour in Germany and private it was, from a driver picking us up to take to the next destination and the private tours which was just the three of us. The whole trip ran like clockwork, we had no stress or worries. The hotels were superb and suggestions for our free time taken. We had absolutely no communication problems and planning the trip in itself was an ease.

Zicasso author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zicasso partners with multiple travel agencies that specialize in specific styles of trips or destinations and puts agencies together with travelers. Founded in 2006, by two world travelers, Zicasso serves the luxury travel market from its headquarters in Mountain View, California.

• Regional specialists compete to plan trips: Clients receive unique travel opportunities, and agencies compete to get the clients' business, providing the client with perks and greater savings.

• Ease of booking: The agency selected arranges the details of the trip and handles booking everything for clients.

• Prescreened agencies: Agencies partnering with Zicasso are pre-screened to ensure quality standards are met every time.

• Custom itinerary design: Zicasso puts travelers together with an agent that works directly with them to fine tune their itinerary, creating an ideal vacation. In addition, that same agency is available 24/7 during the trip in case there are any problems along the way.

• No Zicasso fees for travelers: Travelers are not charged for using Zicasso, though travel agencies may charge travelers their normal fees.

Zicasso Company Information