4.9/5 (159 ratings)

About Zicasso

Zicasso Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Our trip was planned with Zicasso, and we could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. Zicasso planned according to our needs and wishes, our schedule, our likes and dislikes. But it was so much more than that. Every detail was communicated with us, reviewed, and settled before we left. We had a fully detailed itinerary planned, including “off days” where we did something on our own, which included doing nothing, reading a book by the pool. There was no pressure from Zicasso to get everything booked immediately. We had time to review, change our minds, and add new excursions before we settled on our final plans. And the communication was excellent.

The hotels we stayed at were divine, and fit our wishes exactly. We wanted smaller boutique hotels that would pamper us a bit, and that is exactly what we got. Truly special. Our guides for our many excursions were phenomenal. They were knowledgeable about so much, eager to please, patient, courteous, and kind. Our drivers kept it easy for us, and were experts at navigating some pretty tricky terrain. Zicasso was new to me, but I will definitely use them again for future vacations. It was the best vacation we ever had!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

We recently returned from our 2nd trip planned thru Zicasso and their local agents. The first was Andalusia, the 2nd Greece...Both were 3 weeks. In each case we were extremely happy with the knowledge and professionalism of the local travel consultants that contacted us and helped plan these trips. In effect, we interviewed them and they us. Our selected "on the ground" planners were excellent. We could not have asked for better on site coordination, planning, and attention to detail. Obviously, these planners were selected by Zicasso and, again, they were perfect. Drivers were always on time, courteous, and knowledgeable about our locations; hotel options and those we selected were outstanding; local guides were terrific, and fun to be with.

Domestic travel, when required was well planned...Tickets delivered to our hotel the day before. Having planned many trips (accommodations, car rentals, etc.) ourselves, we decided we no longer wanted the stress and hassle associated with getting around on our own. These 2 trips have spoiled us for future travel. There is no doubt that we will continue to use Zicasso for future travel of this type. Anyone looking for well-planned, curated, and stress-free travel must consider Zicasso.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I have used Zicasso twice now, the first trip was back in 2017 to Croatia, and the agent helped us with a wonderful trip that included Croatia, Slovenia, and Montenegro. That time was a family trip for 7 of us. We had great experiences. The hotel, the local tours, the private drivers, and the guides were outstanding, so this year, in 2022, I had to plan a romantic trip to France, so I decided to contact Zicasso again. Yes, the price was a little higher than our budget, and some of the hotel rooms were outdated, but overall the trip to France was planned well. The agent who I worked with is there for us; anytime you need them, you get a response. The trip was smooth, and all the local guides were knowledgeable and on time. I know if I planned the trip myself, I would save some money, but because I don't know the area well enough that I won't want to take that risk.

The agent who I worked with also upfront of the markup, and we even got some funds returned back to us because one of the trips got shortened. I don't mind some markup since they are doing all the planning and the work, and if I don't want to pay the markup, then I will have to do things myself. the bottom line is the trip was fun, it met all we were looking for, and the local drivers and guides were all on time the only thing I can change is yes, some of the hotels were outdated, and wish we could have better ones. BUT all the hotels were at super great locations. If I am planning for another trip, I would still get a quote from Zicasso again, and they were never pushy or expect you to sign up with them.

Original review: July 24, 2022

I was planning a Spain trip for my wife and myself in 2019 for travel dates in 2020. I got proposals for an itinerary from several travel companies and liked Zicasso's the best. After talking to them and developing a final trip itinerary, I researched how long they had been in the business. Although that was pre-Covid times, I'm so glad I did that. Zicasso not only turned out to be a solid company, but also very easy to deal with when the trip had to be delayed, ultimately, to May of 2022. We just returned a month ago. The cost turned out to be a few dollars LESS than the 2019 final price. That's amazing in itself but more important to us was the ease of re-engaging with the same representative and having minor changes and additions handled quickly and efficiently. They even provided a hotspot WIFI device (at no extra cost) that was needed for GPS on rental car days, but also turned out to be the faster internet connection compared to most of the hotel connections. This is a fine fine company.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I found the company while searching tour companies for my summer trip to France with the family. I was interested by the concept and decided to try it out. After entering some simple information including the dates we were traveling, destination and budget, I was able to sit back and see what happened next. Soon, I was contacted by a Zicasso advisor who explained the process. I then was contacted by 2 local agents in France (Paris and Lyon). I would highly recommend connecting with the agents by video chat if possible instead of phone only. They asked exploratory questions about what I wanted out of our trip, about the likes/preferences of our family and whether I wanted to drive or not.

After that, the two agents were able to start brainstorming activities. Each had some great individual excursions that sounded outstanding. Both took feedback well and modified their itineraries. Eventually, I selected the agent I felt most confident in and he was able to update our final itinerary to include the best activities from both companies. It turned out to be a great trip packed with everything we wanted. Hotel selections were excellent and showed the local expertise as locations in Paris were centrally located and close to multiple attractions and metro stops.

We could tell that he had used the lodging options many times before outside of Paris (Normandy coast and Loire Valley) as well. Restaurant recommendations were also outstanding. I did not want to drive so we had a dedicated van and driver throughout our itinerary outside of Paris. They were able to stick to our budget and I was freed from having to do any of the planning or booking details! I will definitely use Zicasso again for my next trip.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I am a first time user of Zicasso. We found the service really useful and effective at connecting us with several good quality travel coordinators who in turn provided us with options to consider. We ended up with a great trip involving four separate cities and daily activities over a two week trip. Even with all these complexities everything went surprisingly smoothly. Very thankful for the service.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

I was planning to visit Cuba but didn't know where to start to look for a reputable travel agency. When Zicasso turned up with my online search, I decided to to give it a try. As it turned out, the travel agency it introduced me to was excellent in designing and implementing a very satisfying itinerary for us and we had a great time in Cuba.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Zicasso hooked us up with a wonderful travel agent. We toured Australia and they provided everything we needed. We told the travel agent what we wanted to see and she scheduled and reserved the hotels and flights as well as ground transportation. We were provided a detailed itinerary. All we had to do was be at the right spot at the right time to be picked up. Sometimes meals were provided on the different tours but sometimes not. It stated on the itinerary whether we got a meal or if we were on our own. The hotels were perfect for us. Thank you Zicasso for providing such a fabulous vacation. I would not hesitate to use Zicasso again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

They made it very easy for me to set up my international travel. They communicated very well and made sure that the process was going well and also followed up after my travel to make sure everything went well!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

This is our second time using Zicasso. Our first was to South Africa and we just returned from New Zealand. In both cases we were set up with two travel agents who customized an itinerary based on the parameters we had set and what we were looking for. We chose who we wanted to work with and in both cases they exceeded our expectations. Our New Zealand trip was a self drive and the attention to detail is what made everything go without a hitch. Every reservation was in place, every activity, they were ready for us. The accommodations were five star and the meals were superb. When we needed a driver, he was waiting for us. The detailed itinerary we were given made driving incredibly easy. There is absolutely nothing we would have done different. Looking forward to using Zicasso again when we plan our next journey.

Zicasso author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zicasso partners with multiple travel agencies that specialize in specific styles of trips or destinations and puts agencies together with travelers. Founded in 2006, by two world travelers, Zicasso serves the luxury travel market from its headquarters in Mountain View, California.

• Regional specialists compete to plan trips: Clients receive unique travel opportunities, and agencies compete to get the clients' business, providing the client with perks and greater savings.

• Ease of booking: The agency selected arranges the details of the trip and handles booking everything for clients.

• Prescreened agencies: Agencies partnering with Zicasso are pre-screened to ensure quality standards are met every time.

• Custom itinerary design: Zicasso puts travelers together with an agent that works directly with them to fine tune their itinerary, creating an ideal vacation. In addition, that same agency is available 24/7 during the trip in case there are any problems along the way.

• No Zicasso fees for travelers: Travelers are not charged for using Zicasso, though travel agencies may charge travelers their normal fees.

Zicasso Company Information