4.9/5 (142 ratings)

About Zicasso

Zicasso Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Zicasso did it again! This is the second time I have used Zicasso to create a trip. The first was to New Zealand and Australia and this time it was to Croatia. Since I knew nothing about this country, I knew I could count on Zicasso to lead me in the right direction and they did. The trip was wonderful, with all the details completed. Thank you Zicasso for a job well done! Janet.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

When we decided on a trip to Africa I had no idea where to start searching for help. We knew what we wanted to include in our trip which spanned several countries. My online search of the large well known agencies turned up fairly regimented trips of single areas that would involve our prioritizing what we wanted and likely leaving out some experiences important to us. Zicasso kept popping up so I decided to take a chance on them. It was a perfect solution as they immediately contacted me, did a thorough review of all the experiences we wanted, our desired budget and time and provided me with travel company options that I would have never found on my own. Those in turn were able to put together tour packages that included everything we wanted. As a result our African trip was amazing and wonderful! We are so grateful.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I had a complicated vacation that involved multiple cities and countries in China, Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan. Because of the need for visas, travel permits, train, airfares and local guides in areas not in the most frequent tourist selections, I needed expertise and didn't want to plan this two week trip on my own. Zicasso was great in planning my itinerary. Everything went as planned. Local transportation arrivals/departures were on time, hotel selections were fantastic providing a feeling of the local culture, local tour guides were very knowledgeable. My experience with Zicasso was very positive.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

As we had such a wonderful experience with Zicasso last year when they planned our trip to Tokyo and Kyoto, there was no question that we would use them again for our vacation to Edinburgh, London and Paris this year. As last year, we had telephone and emails deciding our itinerary. I gave them lists of "must see" and those were supplemented with their suggestions of places and experiences I didn't even know to ask about. I never felt we were choosing from a cookie cutter menu of itineraries, but that each was customized for us. The hotels were always perfect, in a central location and, as I requested, with breakfast included, so we could eat before starting our tours. The tour guides in each city were friendly, outgoing and added so much to our experience! Each felt like a good friend showing us the city with such great background information. A real favorite of our family was the private boat tour down the Seine.

We loved seeing Paris from that perspective and had a personal guide giving us history of the sites we passed. This was so much better than the other large boats with crowds of people also on the Seine with a overhead speaker. One of the best services we enjoyed was transportation. In the past we would become frustrated trying to find a cab to transport our family of 5 plus baggage, so having a driver with appropriate size car waiting for us was a big time and stress saver. Either we were met by a driver or, if we had chosen to take a train, explicit details and maps were provided for us so we never felt lost. This was especially helpful last year in Tokyo. We will continue to have Zicasso plan our vacations!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Perfect job matching travel needs with professionals in multiple cities throughout Italy. All pricing from referrals was reasonable and extremely competitive with similar services offered in the metro NY area.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We take a lot of international trips, and found that we were often paying for a U.S. travel agent to contract with local travel agents to plan the trip - I wanted a more direct relationship with the local travel agent but had no idea how to find or vet the local agents. Zicasso took the fear out of that process, and let us select and connect directly with the local agent. The process was great - in fact, it was difficult to choose an agent because they were all very responsive with great proposals.

The travel agent we choose did an amazing job of putting together a very personalized trip, was extremely responsive to our questions and suggestions, and gave us great feedback. They were available during the whole trip to answer questions and handle changes in our itinerary - I felt that I had backup the entire time. The trip - to Spain and France - was terrific, well organized and thought out, the hotels and guides were all amazing. I would highly recommend this service.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My wife and I have twice used Zicasso to plan our travel experience and both times the company helped us find reliable, knowledgeable partner companies that assisted us in developing fantastic travel experiences. Our trips to Italy and Costa Rica were very different based on the things that we were looking for in each experience, and Zicasso helped us find the companies that could help us build the trips we wanted for the amount of money that we wanted to spend. We highly recommend going through Zicasso when travelling abroad.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

From our first communication with Zicasso to plan our multiple city visit to France, we knew our trip would be amazing. Every detailed step of our trip went without a hitch. Hotels, train, rental vehicle and many other tips and recommendations, were exactly on point. Zicasso's staff was personable, informative, and their degree of professionalism unequaled. Thank you for everything Zicasso. We had a trip of a lifetime!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We didn't know the best way to find a travel agent for our trip to Spain and Zicasso solved that problem for us. They had multiple agents submit proposals and we picked the one that best suited our needs. All the proposals were great and enticing and the decision was difficult. We had a great trip.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

This is my 2nd time using Zicasso. Previously for Argentina and now for Italy. The local companies that they link in with were fantastic - knowledgeable about the market and cater to the client’s requirements. It made the Organization of the trip for my friends stressed free. This spans across the route, itinerary, tour guides where applicable and accommodation. Would look forward to using Zicasso Amin.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I found Zicasso while searching the web for help planning a vacation trip to Thailand. They offered several agencies that could help, which they had vetted. We were very pleased with the referral that we chose and had a wonderful vacation in Thailand!

Original review: July 31, 2019

The planning was meticulous. We recall the weekly update/discussion to fine tune the itinerary a month ahead of our trip. On the final week we had a brief conference call via Whatsapp. The itinerary included usual glossary items such as useful Spanish phrases, excellent local restaurant recommendations for each locations (which you know first hand) and also tips such as appropriate gratuities/tips for various scenarios. All these useful information together with travel tickets, museum pre-paid vouchers, train/plane tickets uploaded into a mobile friendly app so that my entire family was able to access it with ease throughout our trip was something new to us. This is something we never had before in all our extensive global travels and I think it is an incredible setup!

Being appreciative that we were travelling with 2 teenagers, the special programmes catered for their needs helped a lot and I really appreciate the time spent discussing the little details and thinking through it. My son’s food allergy pre-cautions etc. The cooking class on the final day was very special occasion to end our tour.

I want to add that the local guides used for each cities were very qualified (most majored in arts and history) with steep local knowledge and also most importantly were very passionate about their own city. Special mention to Iglesia in Madrid for the memorable evening which was a lot more than just a regular tapas tour. Also Carlos “The Professor” who gave us a great introduction to Sevilla and the glorious history that Espana deserves. All your guides spoke very good English and engaged my teenage kids well, kept them going with interesting side conversations when necessary. Even the drivers tried hard. This is important.

The hotels chosen were "almost" perfect. We had a poor experience in Granada when given a bad room that was next to a very noisy and busy street and one of the spare bed was in poor condition, unfortunately the hotel was full on the first day and we couldn’t change rooms. That said, I was very impressed by the swift response to address all our problems including an offer to change to a new hotel for no charge, should we wish to do so. Although we ultimately didn’t move hotel and only move room, it is your reaction to the problem we encountered that impressed me. In terms of feedback for improvement, I really couldn’t think of much else to be honest.

I want to thank you for being so attentive of our needs throughout our trip, and for being in contact with us, in each city. You helping with little details such as pushing for earlier check in time for us if possible is much appreciated, as it really maximises our day and help us get as much out of our time in each destination as possible. It is all these little attention to details and services that we value a lot. We as a family travel all over the world annually and have a good sense of what good services means and what to expect. Thank you for a great holiday in Spain. Mucho gracias!

Original review: July 31, 2019

My partner and I travel extensively. Normally, I do the planning, booking and organizing personally and we travel independently. Recently, with a spell of ten days to spend on personal travel, sandwiched between other commitments, my focus was on Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro. Trip planning time was tight and I had not visited those countries previously, so went online looking for some starting points. In the pricess, I discovered Zicasso and decided to give them a try.

The experience was excellent. The immediate response was prompt and helpful. The planning process was collaborative and informative. The ensuing arrangements were seamless, efficient and totally reliable. The on-the-ground local operators, in the four stopover locations on our itinerary, were highly professional, helpful and personable. I endorse the positive reviews already posted. Joan (Melbourne, Australia)

Original review: July 30, 2019

Zicasso recently helped me plan a trip of a lifetime to Greece. My agent took the time to get to know me, my preferences, and desires. I think this created a personal experience that no other company could have offered me. Their attention to detail is superb. Not only did they respond in a very timely manner before the trip, they checked in on me throughout the entire trip. I am definitely going to use them again, hopefully for all my future vacations.

Original review: July 29, 2019

My husband and I used Zicasso two years ago for a wonderful trip to Italy. We did not hesitate to utilize Zicasso again when planning a two week trip to France during the summer of 2019. All the guides, drivers and transfers were very accommodating and spoke great English. We had a wonderfully executed trip and recommend using Zicasso for planning a dream trip!

Original review: July 28, 2019

We were planning a trip to Croatia, but didn't know where to begin. We found Zicasso online. We answered some questions about what we were looking for in a trip, then they matched us up with 2 excellent travel companies. These companies contacted us within hours, and asked us many more detailed questions. They both designed wonderful trips for us, and we chose one in the end, although the decision was difficult. Our trip was fantastic, and so easy, because every detail was taken care of by the company that Zicasso found for us. I would definitely use Zicasso again the next time I plan a trip.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Just returned from a ten day tour of Australia organized through Zicasso. Everything was excellent! We experienced great service from tour operators, visited Sydney, the Outback, Blue Mountains, Great Barrier Reef, and a couple of rain forests. Small group tours were well organized, and the experiences were once in a lifetime. They also accommodated our 13 year old's allergies. Highly recommend, and will hope to do again! A++, and 5 star!

Original review: July 27, 2019

My teen-aged daughter and I often vacation out of the country. I had used Zicasso a couple of years ago for our trip to Spain and was provided with excellent travel specialists who understood our needs. In the end, we had a memorable vacation that included plenty of activities for my daughter (e.g. Segway tour in Madrid and a trip to a farm for bulls). Thus, I did not hesitate to contact Zicasso for assistance in planning our Peru vacation. Again, the results were over the top, thanks to Zicasso. I have recommended Zicasso to a number of people in my social circles who ask how to begin their search for a good travel specialist.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I used Zicasso to get in touch with a travel agency for a trip to Italy. I had never used a travel agent before as I always plan my own. With multiple people going, it was easier to use a company and pay them. Zicasso listened to my wishes and our trip was amazing. I even recommended them to a friend planning a trip to Germany. And they exceeded her expectations. I would definitely use again if I want assistance with planning a trip!

Original review: July 25, 2019

Dealing with Zicasso was such a blessing. They planned my whole trip from hotels, transfers, excursions, dining, private guides and tours. Everything went so smoothly and I would of never known to do the wonderful things that they planned for us if I had done it on my own. I would highly recommend their services and I will definitely be using them for my next trip!

Original review: July 25, 2019

This was the second time we used Zicasso to set up and develop the trip we wanted. The first was to Peru and Machu Pichu. The second to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. Both trips were fantastic! They arrange all the travel, car service, guides and hotels perfectly. It was stress free from our side and we got to visit places I don't think I would have been able to find, such as the rose farms in Ecuador. The trip to the farm was very enjoyable and we learned a lot more about the history of roses which was quite interesting.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I have used them twice now, and the experiences have been awesome! The organization of our trips, the ease, the communication, have all been incredible. I plan to use them again next year. Every aspect was covered for us. Pick up times, locations, communication, all amazing.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I've used Zicasso twice now and been very happy with my experience and definitely recommend others use. I traveled to Italy on one trip and Greece on another. Both amazing trips that were thoughtfully arranged and dream trips.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Awesome trip Osa Penninsula. Thank you to Zicasso and Horizontes Nature Tours for a seamless and fun multi-generational family adventure to Lapa Rios. We had an amazing time and felt well taken care of and loved all the animals and learning. Thank you.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Wonderful experience working with this company for our trip to South Africa--they matched us with the perfect travel agent and services we needed to this a great family vacation! Payments were secure and easy.

Original review: July 22, 2019

We have used Zicasso twice to help plan special trips with wonderful results. The friendly and professional staff at Zicasso helped match us with travel experts in the countries we wanted to visit. Throughout the process of planning, setting up our trips and while travel, checked with us to ensure we were getting the highest level of services. We just completed a great trip to Ireland and Scotland. We plan on using Zicasso again.

Original review: July 17, 2019

A good friend used Zicasso last Fall to plan and direct a land trip with several friends thru multiple locations from Dubrovnik up the Croatian coast, ending in Venice. She was thrilled with the results Zicasso provided, and the trip, with all its handoffs to private local tour and private transportation guides, went off without a hitch. When I was planning a land trip this Spring, from Monaco and thru Provence, up the Rhone River to Lyon, I contacted Zicasso. I thought to myself, perhaps, these folks truly specialize in understanding their client, in providing a first-class trip and in managing, maintaining and supervising regional and local experts around the globe, to facilitate a vacation fully integrated with local culture. Yes, Zicasso does just that and does a superb job at it!

Our trip was absolutely fabulous, from Monaco (3 nights) to Aix en Provence (3 nights) to Valence (2 nights) to Lyon (2 nights), then back to the U.S., with private tour guides and a tailored itinerary all along the way, inclusive of private transportation to each location. All of our activities and transportation hand-offs were planned, in collaboration with Zicasso, and agreed upon well in advance. In the planning stages, our agents were greatly conscientious, sweet, highly professional and creative. We were grateful that this level of professional oversight extended to ground implementation, as well. Our local agent was in touch with us consistently throughout the trip to ensure that each day had gone as planned and to confirm the plans for the next day.

Very impressively, whenever we had a question or concern along the way, we communicated via text and/or WhatsApp, and our agent consistently responded immediately, even in the late evening. All of our local agents and designated French tour guides, were expert and highly articulate in the English language, a godsend because our own French, sadly, is lacking. The local tour guides were friendly, highly knowledgeable, and quite good company. In particular, the tour guides for the major segments of our trip were truly exceptional--Jerome for all 4 days in Monaco (tours of Monaco, Nice, St. Paul de Vence, Eze and Grasse); Pierre for the full day tour of the Ardeche Valley and the Chavet Caves; and Sebastian for the Beaujolais winery, Beaujolais regional tour and the Lyon silk makers district. We remember them fondly!

By far, the highlight of the trip for us was the visit to the Chauvet Caves--the 36,000 year old cave paintings just discovered in 1994, with public exhibit opened in 2005--and the trip thru the Ardeche Valley to get there was fabulous, as well. The Cave replica is perfect, vast and the paintings are stunningly beautiful and stirring to the soul. Our tour guide, Pierre was actually a spelunker, ardent about the Caves and the Ardeche. The Beaujolais wine country was gorgeous. The small towns so beautiful and charming. Our tour guide, Sebastian was from a winery family for several generations back and gave us a tour of his own winery and family village, which was just swell. We really felt we were seeing France, as the French see it.

The visit to Grasse and the exercise at Galimard in creating our perfume was actually great fun for us--i.e., two gals. The mosaic murals and sculpture in the Folon Chapel of St. Paul de Vence are a knock-out, a must see, absolutely beautiful. And, also, truly memorable, we had lunch on the veranda of the Rothschild Estate overlooking the expanse of the Saint Jean Cap Ferrat peninsula. We toured the Estate, beautiful to behold, and our lunch in such stunning surroundings was a joy. Needless to say, the local French cuisine was a joy throughout the trip! The Zicasso travel industry business model and execution are exceptional and, I think, unique to the industry, inclusive of managing an extensive array of highly professional local contacts for a memorable and fuss-free vacation on foreign soil. We will be using Zicasso for future trips.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Over the past 8 years we have used Zicasso to help us plan vacations in Europe and Australia/New Zealand. On each occasion we have been referred to an agency that has provided us with a very satisfactory itinerary and good hotel reservations, together with any necessary connections by car or ferry. Where we have included local guides in our plans they have all been English speaking, of course, and have been very knowledgeable about their areas. This year's tour of Romania, recently completed, has been the most comprehensive and has been most successful. We have been recommending Zicasso to many friends who have been talking of tours in other countries. We have been travelling, mostly in Europe, almost annually for the last 34 years.

Original review: July 16, 2019

My husband and I gifted our grandson a volunteer trip for his high school graduation. To assist us, I contacted Zicasso. This was our second trip planned with their assistance and both trips were fabulous experiences. I love having in country people make suggestions, arrange transportation and organize activities. We had the trip of a lifetime making memories with this young man and Zicasso made it all possible. The agency provides quick, efficient, competent assistance and we will definitely use them again.

Original review: July 16, 2019

We have used Zicasso for two trips in the past two years and were rewarded with the most fabulous trip service. Both trips, one to Croatia and one to Africa, provided wonderful accommodations, fantastic site visits, seamless transfers and knowledgeable and organized guides. Zicasso is by far the best travel company I have used - ever.

Zicasso Company Information