4.9/5 (138 ratings)

About Zicasso

Zicasso Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Zicasso matches people who are interested in traveling with travel agents with expertise in the area they are interested in traveling to. I have used them twice; once for help in planning safaris to Southern Africa and another time for a trip to Panama. In both cases they put me in touch with terrific travel agents who I used to plan and book both trips. There is no pressure to choose a Zicasso recommended travel agent. The agents contact you and describe their expertise and services. The client can make use of them or not as they see fit. I found the agents who contacted me through Zicasso to be exactly what I was looking for; knowledgeable, helpful, and focused on tailoring a trip to my needs and interests. I plan to continue to use Zicasso in planning future travels.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

We booked the private tour in Germany and private it was, from a driver picking us up to take to the next destination and the private tours which was just the three of us. The whole trip ran like clockwork, we had no stress or worries. The hotels were superb and suggestions for our free time taken. We had absolutely no communication problems and planning the trip in itself was an ease.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

A close college friend recommended Zicasso. The travel service referred by Zicasso did an outstanding job of coordinating our road trip throughout Greece. This trip of a lifetime went without a hitch. We spent 2 weeks driving throughout Greece mainland with each destination coordinated by the recommended traveling service. We definitely plan to use Zicasso on all our future travel plans.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Our trip to Spain went without a hitch due to the help we received from Zicasso in selecting a travel agency with expertise in travel to Spain. After completing a short questionnaire, we received bids from three agencies and were able to select the one that best understood our needs. The travel agency we selected provided excellent service for our one-week trip in mainland Spain, visiting Barcelona and Madrid, with a day trip to Toledo. We worked with our agent to develop an itinerary that provided us with a good overview of these three cities during our short timeframe. The agency arranged our hotels, transfers, train transportation, guided tours, and tickets to several museums/sights we toured on our own. Because of their extensive plan, we were able to visit museums, cathedrals, and other sights without waiting in lines and on days when these venues were open.

The agency also arranged personal guides to take us through busier, harder to navigate sights, such as The Prado Museum, La Sagrada Familia, and Toledo. The guides were excellent communicators, providing entertaining and informative talks on history and culture. We initially thought about planning this week ourselves but were overwhelmed by the many choices and logistics of selecting hotels and deciding what to do when. This self-guided, customized itinerary allowed us to maximize our time while touring the highlights for each location. We also had “peace of mind” knowing that we had experts to consult if problems arose. For instance, the Barcelona demonstrations were active during our visit. The agency kept us informed and were ready to offer alternatives if necessary. Luckily, none were needed. We would definitely use Zicasso to help plan self-guided tours to other places around the world.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

My family and I were planning an African safari and as you may or may not know there are a lot of "African Safari Tour" websites out there. How do you know which one is legit, best value, highest reputation, etc. I came across Zicasso and submitted a form to them with all the information on what we were looking for in our trip. They provided us with a list of at least three different reputable companies. It put our minds at ease knowing we would be working with a well known and respected company no matter which one we chose. With all the internet scams out there these days it was nice to have Zicasso doing all the research on the travel agencies. Highly recommend using Zicasso and hope to use them again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

This website proved invaluable to us when we traveled to Portugal from our home in the US. We’ve traveled extensively in our own country, Mexico and the Caribbean. We’ve used the same travel agency for all these needs for many years. But when we wanted to go to Europe our current agent wasn’t knowledgeable enough to help. Enter Zicasso. Their help in putting us in touch with a top notch local agent was simply fabulous. The agency that worked with us spent a lot of time tailoring an itinerary to our specific interests and budget. We will most certainly be using this service again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

My husband and I had a wonderful trip visiting Morocco by car with a driver. Zicasso put us in touch with a wonderful agency that planned every detail of the trip. The best part was the ride on a camel in the Sahara and our overnight there in a tent.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Our overall experience with Zicasso was fantastic. It all started when my wife wanted to have an exceptional private cooking class experience in Italy with a chef. When we started looking online we were overwhelmed at the choices and did not know where to start. After seeing an ad for Zicasso and what they offered we took a chance and contacted them. What a perfect move. They gave use two trip planners who specialize in Italy to contact to discuss our needs and wishes, and then select the one we liked best to work with. There was no pressure at any time to do anything. Zicasso was great to work with as we modified the itinerary several times to meet our changing interests. I could go on and on but setting up a trip like this is all about trust.

The bottom line is that everything that was set up was great and was implemented without a single hiccup. We had private drivers for certain parts of the trip, all of which showed up exactly on time, were courteous and professional, and knew exactly where we were going. The accommodations in Florence were great and the one in Cinque Terre was acceptable, but there are limits because of renovation restrictions there. Zicasso also arranged for a personal guide for us for our day trip to the Italian Riviera and our guide was fantastic. She gave us a real feel for the history and culture. We would highly recommend this type of excursion to any traveler. The small tour on the vineyards in Tuscany was perfect and we learned a lot about what goes into making their different wines from our guide. We were never rushed and enjoyed a number of wine tastings and had a delicious lunch at one of the vineyards.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Planned a trip to Switzerland with Zicasso. The selection of hotels, and the logistics of the trip were planned by Zicasso. They did an incredible job of setting up transportation, train connections, excursions, logistical details and specifics. This made the trip smooth and eliminated lost time in trying to figure out how and where to go. They included maps, train schedules, tickets and suggestions. Couldn't be more pleased with the coordination of the trip

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Exceptional recommendation for our trip to Italy and Sicily. We had no idea how to set up an itinerary. We fill out a questionnaire detailing what sights we wanted to include and we were paired with an amazing travel agent that set up the perfect vacation for us. They hit all of the sights we wanted and simply hit it out of the park for our vacation. Visited the Vatican/Colosseum, Sorrento and the Almafi coast. So many archaeological sites in Sicily we will have to go back to visit more. It was tailored to our historical tastes and we had amazing guides. We will definitely use them again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

My husband and I are not experienced travelers, but we wanted to take a trip to Spain that would be personalized with experiences that were perfect for us. We did not know where to start. We were in conversation with friends that used Zicasso to help them plan their latest international trip. The services and itinerary planning they got sounded like just what we needed. So we found the Zicasso website on line and filled out their questionnaire. They connected us to local Spanish tour professionals and with their help we designed our trip. We were very excited, however, circumstances got in the way of our taking the trip. That was 4 years ago.

When it was finally time for us to take the trip of a lifetime, it was easy to reconnect with Zicasso and the travel professionals in Spain. They still had the itinerary we had worked on years before!!! We were able to pick up where we left off and just got back from the most wonderful trip! We will definately use Zicasso's services again for our next trip.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Was able to be referred to a company that was able to fulfill our trip. Perfect relationship. They found a travel agent that customized out requests and put together a trip that satisfied all our desires.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

We wanted a personalized travel itinerary. Zicasso helped us find the perfect company to create a stress free, exciting, private tour throughout the Greek islands. We did not have Crete on our wish list but as suggested we went and it was amazing. We’d skip Santorini if going again, as its beauty is remarkable, but even almost off season it was packed with tourists. Greeks speak English as a second language which was a bonus!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I've never used a service like this before and to be honest I was a little nervous. However, it turned out to be the best thing I've done for a vacation. I surprised my wife with a trip to France for our 20th anniversary and needed it to be perfect. I was not disappointed. I spent a significant time on the phone and email going over the itinerary, food, hotels, transfers, etc. Towards the end they sent me over everything I needed to follow during my trip and it went off without a hitch. Many of the things we did like shopping and cooking with a French chef in his amazing restaurant were dream days for us. Wine and olive oil tours were private and just what we loved. I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary and will be back to plan our trip to Italy soon.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Zicasso greatly assisted in planning our honeymoon trip to Italy. They made excellent recommendations and work with us up to and even during the trip to ensure our experience was flawless. Will definitely use them again for future trip planning.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

As soon as we informed Zicasso of our trip to Croatia we immediately (within a few hours) received responses from local travel agents. The Agent we choose was very thorough and suggested an itinerary accordingly to our needs and made adjustments and changes and set up a wonderful itinerary. Our driver and tour guides in each city were very friendly and knowledgeable. In our whole trip including hotels and restaurants we did not encounter any problems and has a fantastic holiday. Will definitely choose Zicasso for our next trip.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

When I reached out to Zicasso with what I had in mind for a trip to Croatia, and neighbouring countries in Sept 2019, they came back quickly with recommendations on who I could reach out to. All the parties they recommended were great in responding to my queries. I landed on one and began the trip planning, which got delayed due to health reasons. Zicasso checked in to see if they could help, but it was just a matter of timing. Having travelled a fair bit, I find that it's best to work directly with bespoke travel operators who are located in the country you are travelling to. Rather than travel operators who are based in your country of residence. Zicasso's recommendations on who I could reach out was extremely helpful and reassuring. Would definitely use Zicasso again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I wanted to plan a trip to Greece for my 50th birthday and I had a specific time frame to travel within. I came across Zicasso on the web and selecting them was the best decision I could have made. Their service was top notch! The itinerary that was planned allowed my cousin and I to truly experience the Greek culture, and gave us an authentic experience. Their travel affiliate in Greece was very attentive and planned down to the smallest details. Our only obligation was showing up for the trip. It was one of the most fantastic memorable vacations I have ever taken!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I have used Zicasso many times, as I travel a lot. They have always paired me up with excellent travel companies that specialize in the country I am traveling too. I find it’s so much easier to work with a local company, as they will do as much or as little as you need as far as planning, they work within a variety of budgets and they often makes suggestions of sites to see that you might never find on your own. I use them for all my trip planning.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Our trip was a once in a lifetime experience! Our travel agent interviewed us, so to speak, to see what we enjoyed, and planned our trip around that. We had the perfect balance of guided tours and free time. All the little details were taken care of like transfers, ferries, admission into museums, etc...we just had to relax and enjoy. Our guides in each location were professional, knowledgeable and very friendly. Our accommodations were all different, yet 5 star. This is the only way we are going to travel!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My husband found Zicasso as we were desperately trying to find a local travel agent to plan our first African Safari. We kept running into camps who would only refer to their camps and we wanted it unbiased referrals. Zicasso was prompt and efficient and communicative and set us up with a local travel agent who planned us a phenomenal trip!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Zicasso did it again! This is the second time I have used Zicasso to create a trip. The first was to New Zealand and Australia and this time it was to Croatia. Since I knew nothing about this country, I knew I could count on Zicasso to lead me in the right direction and they did. The trip was wonderful, with all the details completed. Thank you Zicasso for a job well done! Janet.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

When we decided on a trip to Africa I had no idea where to start searching for help. We knew what we wanted to include in our trip which spanned several countries. My online search of the large well known agencies turned up fairly regimented trips of single areas that would involve our prioritizing what we wanted and likely leaving out some experiences important to us. Zicasso kept popping up so I decided to take a chance on them. It was a perfect solution as they immediately contacted me, did a thorough review of all the experiences we wanted, our desired budget and time and provided me with travel company options that I would have never found on my own. Those in turn were able to put together tour packages that included everything we wanted. As a result our African trip was amazing and wonderful! We are so grateful.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I had a complicated vacation that involved multiple cities and countries in China, Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan. Because of the need for visas, travel permits, train, airfares and local guides in areas not in the most frequent tourist selections, I needed expertise and didn't want to plan this two week trip on my own. Zicasso was great in planning my itinerary. Everything went as planned. Local transportation arrivals/departures were on time, hotel selections were fantastic providing a feeling of the local culture, local tour guides were very knowledgeable. My experience with Zicasso was very positive.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

As we had such a wonderful experience with Zicasso last year when they planned our trip to Tokyo and Kyoto, there was no question that we would use them again for our vacation to Edinburgh, London and Paris this year. As last year, we had telephone and emails deciding our itinerary. I gave them lists of "must see" and those were supplemented with their suggestions of places and experiences I didn't even know to ask about. I never felt we were choosing from a cookie cutter menu of itineraries, but that each was customized for us. The hotels were always perfect, in a central location and, as I requested, with breakfast included, so we could eat before starting our tours. The tour guides in each city were friendly, outgoing and added so much to our experience! Each felt like a good friend showing us the city with such great background information. A real favorite of our family was the private boat tour down the Seine.

We loved seeing Paris from that perspective and had a personal guide giving us history of the sites we passed. This was so much better than the other large boats with crowds of people also on the Seine with a overhead speaker. One of the best services we enjoyed was transportation. In the past we would become frustrated trying to find a cab to transport our family of 5 plus baggage, so having a driver with appropriate size car waiting for us was a big time and stress saver. Either we were met by a driver or, if we had chosen to take a train, explicit details and maps were provided for us so we never felt lost. This was especially helpful last year in Tokyo. We will continue to have Zicasso plan our vacations!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Perfect job matching travel needs with professionals in multiple cities throughout Italy. All pricing from referrals was reasonable and extremely competitive with similar services offered in the metro NY area.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We take a lot of international trips, and found that we were often paying for a U.S. travel agent to contract with local travel agents to plan the trip - I wanted a more direct relationship with the local travel agent but had no idea how to find or vet the local agents. Zicasso took the fear out of that process, and let us select and connect directly with the local agent. The process was great - in fact, it was difficult to choose an agent because they were all very responsive with great proposals.

The travel agent we choose did an amazing job of putting together a very personalized trip, was extremely responsive to our questions and suggestions, and gave us great feedback. They were available during the whole trip to answer questions and handle changes in our itinerary - I felt that I had backup the entire time. The trip - to Spain and France - was terrific, well organized and thought out, the hotels and guides were all amazing. I would highly recommend this service.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My wife and I have twice used Zicasso to plan our travel experience and both times the company helped us find reliable, knowledgeable partner companies that assisted us in developing fantastic travel experiences. Our trips to Italy and Costa Rica were very different based on the things that we were looking for in each experience, and Zicasso helped us find the companies that could help us build the trips we wanted for the amount of money that we wanted to spend. We highly recommend going through Zicasso when travelling abroad.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

From our first communication with Zicasso to plan our multiple city visit to France, we knew our trip would be amazing. Every detailed step of our trip went without a hitch. Hotels, train, rental vehicle and many other tips and recommendations, were exactly on point. Zicasso's staff was personable, informative, and their degree of professionalism unequaled. Thank you for everything Zicasso. We had a trip of a lifetime!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We didn't know the best way to find a travel agent for our trip to Spain and Zicasso solved that problem for us. They had multiple agents submit proposals and we picked the one that best suited our needs. All the proposals were great and enticing and the decision was difficult. We had a great trip.

Zicasso Company Information