4.9/5 (152 ratings)

About Zicasso

Zicasso Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Each time I have used them they have provided the quality of personal service which have made my trip totally carefree and enjoyable. They have connected me with travel services which I could never have found on my own. I will be using them for every trip in the future. They have succeeded 5 times out of 5. It’s no coincidence, it’s quality.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Our trip to Greece was wonderful and exceeded every expectation. From the beginning stages of planning the trip to every day we experienced while in Greece. The Zicasso team really listened to what we wanted on our trip - visit Santorini to experience the culture and scenery and visit an island with nice beaches which we landed at Naxos from their recommendation. Plus, plan activities that we and our 8 year old son would enjoy together. All the activities planned were wonderful, having every transfer set-up during the entire trip was amazing. We did not have to think but just show up, relax and enjoy ourselves.100% would do it all over again!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Our family wanted to visit the Galapagos and didn't know how to start or who to contact. I had done some research and decided to go through Zicasso. They connected me with several travel agents. The whole experience was easy and they connected me with people that understood our expectations and that we could trust. The vacation was a trip of a lifetime and probably the most amazing vacation we have ever had. Zicasso made the experience less stressful. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I have mixed emotions writing this review. In 2019 my husband and I used Zicasso for our honeymoon to South Africa and it was just the most flawless and perfect vacation. We did a ton of things that the travel agency booked us including excursions/hotels and there were a lot of moving parts that just flowed so well together. I just couldn’t wait to use them again! Fast forward to 2022, we had a week of vacation in the south of France that my family and I were really looking forward to.

The agency quoted us $6,000 USD for 7 nights, 2 airport transfers and a day excursion with a private driver. My husband and I thought it was very expensive but with a family of 5, a presidential suite at a 4-star hotel we expected it. As soon as we got into our room and saw mold coming out of the air conditioner, the room was totally outdated, the balcony looking like it was about to collapse and the whole room reeking of mold, we stopped and asked ourselves where did the $6,000 go if the majority was to this room!?

I immediately told the hotel staff, they were booked up and couldn’t do anything that night. So the next morning I reached out to the agency and asked for a detailed receipt which they couldn’t provide. The gentleman mentioned Zicasso fees and the markups. I asked him numerous times where our money went to, I just couldn’t wrap my head around it. He was able to find 2 rooms at a much-updated hotel that turned out to be a million times better. I did my own research and found out the total cost of everything was just under $3,000 euros. I was livid. How could they overcharge us and take advantage of my family? I immediately contacted Zicasso and they mentioned they were doing an “investigation” during our trip and would reconnect as soon as we got home.

I had a phone call finally with an employee and she pretty much said Zicasso provides the marketing for these travel agencies and she can’t do anything for us to get even a portion of our money back. She says Zicasso has fees but it’s at the travel agency’s expense and shouldn’t be the customers. She also said that they will not be working with that agency anymore. I was mortified because my husband and I used our hard-working money for this trip that caused more headaches over anything. Zicasso is a marketing company, they are not in the travel business! This is so messed up because I have a few friends that are travel agents that don’t charge a thing since hotels/excursions etc. pay them to promote their businesses. Do your research and do not fall into a trap!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Personalized trip to Greece with flawless choices for activities. The tour guides were folks we would like to hang out with…It was like vacationing with friends. This was our 4th Zicasso trip and the best one yet.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I came across Zicasso randomly while looking for highly reputable travel agents for my honeymoon in Greece. I provided Zicasso with the dates of my trip and some activities that my wife and I were looking to do while in Greece. Zicasso found 2 excellent travel agencies who promptly contacted me and competed for my business. We chose the travel agent we felt we had a better connection to and the trip was perfect! I have already recommended Zicasso to family and friends for their vacation/travel agent needs. Thank you Zicasso!!

Original review: April 1, 2021

I booked a family trip with Zicasso for last June 2019, what I thought was going to be a trip of a life time for my family of 8 and then COVID happened. I cancelled my trip within the 90 days in which their documentation says I’m entitled to a FULL REFUND. Ever since then I have been trying to get my deposit back from this company but I’ve had absolutely no luck. I send them emails every other day about this pandemic and how it's not my fault that this happened but they do not care. They refuse to listen and refuse to refund our money. My family is out 5000. Money we can use right now to pay bills but they don’t want to listen.

We’ve all been impacted by this pandemic, I’ve been out of work myself and for a company like this to keep our money is disgusting. They sent me a voucher for 2021 however Europe is in another lockdown and they think I’m going to expose my family to this risk?! I am appalled with the lack of action and compassion this company has in a crisis like this. I DO NOT recommend ever trying to plan a trip with this company.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

We found Zicasso extremely useful in selecting our African safari guide & company. After completing the Zicasso input survey we were matched with two potential vendors. Both vendors reached out to us very quickly and provided excellent options. Knowing these vendors had already been vetted was a real confidence booster. We selected one of these two and were extremely pleased. Zicasso also made purchasing trip insurance very easy and convenient. We would definitely recommend Zicasso to other adventure travelers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We were referred to Zicasso by a friend who used their services many times. We wanted to visit Egypt but we had no travel agent there who could help us organise the family trip. They put us in touch with a local travel agency and everything was perfect. We had a wonderful time and felt safe during all our trip, which was one of our biggest concerns.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The first time was three years ago for a trip to Greece, which was wonderful, but I won't review it here because it was so long ago. Bottom line, I had a great experience with Zicasso and their recommended travel companies for that trip that I looked them up again for a recent (Dec 2019/Jan 2020) trip to Australia. The response from Zicasso was immediate, and the response from the two selected travel agencies was within a few hours - despite the 16 hour time change between the US East Coast and Australia. We got a travel specialist who listened to our needs and wants, and put together a very lovely trip taking into account our wide variety of interests. I really appreciate her care in listening to what we wanted and turning that into a trip that was memorable and flawlessly planned. I will definitely use Zicasso again!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We have worked with Zicasso twice for family vacations with teens in locations in the Galapagos and in Australia. Each time, they found us terrific travel agents who came up with great, varied, itineraries that made everyone in the family happy. We were able to work with their agents on customized itineraries that met all our expectations and more.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

My wife and I have used the Zicasso Team for seven vacations (Africa, Spain, France, Peru, China). I think that says enough to convince the most skeptical customer that they are outstanding. We look forward to using them again!!! Hopefully that day is soon!!! Absolutely 5 Star!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We obtained Zicasso's web site through internet searches. We liked what we read regarding their services to refer travelers to quality tour companies. We were planning a family trip to Italy. Zicasso put us in touch with two companies that competed with several itineraries so we could get a good feel for the services and costs of each company. Eventually, one company wanted a large non-refundable service fee per person which would be applied to our trip should we go with them. Since they had been the higher cost provider, we continued to work with the second company with which we ultimately committed to use and had an exceptional experience in Italy.

Transportation was provided for our six travelers and luggage to get us to/from the airport, train station, tour sites. Train reservations were made, go to the head of the line tour tickets to various sites such as the Vatican, etc., were provided. The company used very reputable tour guides several indicating they had 25-30 years experience, and it showed. We had the trip of a lifetime, and couldn't be more pleased with Zicasso's research to provide quality in-country tour companies to make planning easier from the US.

An example of the better quality issue was the Vatican tour. My son studied in Italy for a semester and made a trip to Rome. Not knowing any better, he saw many tour guides outside the Vatican with credentials to provide tours. He indicated that his tour guide spent about 1/2 hour taking him through the Vatican museum, St. Peters Basilica and Square without a lot of detailed knowledge. Our tour company arranged to have a tour guide with 30 years experience, was transitioning to start working for the Vatican, and provided us skip the line tickets and a 3 hour tour, where her in-depth knowledge was on full display. Similar quality tours and drivers were provided for our visits to Napoli and Florence. Well done Zicasso.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Really enjoyed our experience with Zicasso! They did a great job start to finish with making sure our trip was planned and executed properly. Will definitely use again and recommend to others as well!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Zicasso matches people who are interested in traveling with travel agents with expertise in the area they are interested in traveling to. I have used them twice; once for help in planning safaris to Southern Africa and another time for a trip to Panama. In both cases they put me in touch with terrific travel agents who I used to plan and book both trips. There is no pressure to choose a Zicasso recommended travel agent. The agents contact you and describe their expertise and services. The client can make use of them or not as they see fit. I found the agents who contacted me through Zicasso to be exactly what I was looking for; knowledgeable, helpful, and focused on tailoring a trip to my needs and interests. I plan to continue to use Zicasso in planning future travels.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

We booked the private tour in Germany and private it was, from a driver picking us up to take to the next destination and the private tours which was just the three of us. The whole trip ran like clockwork, we had no stress or worries. The hotels were superb and suggestions for our free time taken. We had absolutely no communication problems and planning the trip in itself was an ease.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

A close college friend recommended Zicasso. The travel service referred by Zicasso did an outstanding job of coordinating our road trip throughout Greece. This trip of a lifetime went without a hitch. We spent 2 weeks driving throughout Greece mainland with each destination coordinated by the recommended traveling service. We definitely plan to use Zicasso on all our future travel plans.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Our trip to Spain went without a hitch due to the help we received from Zicasso in selecting a travel agency with expertise in travel to Spain. After completing a short questionnaire, we received bids from three agencies and were able to select the one that best understood our needs. The travel agency we selected provided excellent service for our one-week trip in mainland Spain, visiting Barcelona and Madrid, with a day trip to Toledo. We worked with our agent to develop an itinerary that provided us with a good overview of these three cities during our short timeframe. The agency arranged our hotels, transfers, train transportation, guided tours, and tickets to several museums/sights we toured on our own. Because of their extensive plan, we were able to visit museums, cathedrals, and other sights without waiting in lines and on days when these venues were open.

The agency also arranged personal guides to take us through busier, harder to navigate sights, such as The Prado Museum, La Sagrada Familia, and Toledo. The guides were excellent communicators, providing entertaining and informative talks on history and culture. We initially thought about planning this week ourselves but were overwhelmed by the many choices and logistics of selecting hotels and deciding what to do when. This self-guided, customized itinerary allowed us to maximize our time while touring the highlights for each location. We also had “peace of mind” knowing that we had experts to consult if problems arose. For instance, the Barcelona demonstrations were active during our visit. The agency kept us informed and were ready to offer alternatives if necessary. Luckily, none were needed. We would definitely use Zicasso to help plan self-guided tours to other places around the world.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

My family and I were planning an African safari and as you may or may not know there are a lot of "African Safari Tour" websites out there. How do you know which one is legit, best value, highest reputation, etc. I came across Zicasso and submitted a form to them with all the information on what we were looking for in our trip. They provided us with a list of at least three different reputable companies. It put our minds at ease knowing we would be working with a well known and respected company no matter which one we chose. With all the internet scams out there these days it was nice to have Zicasso doing all the research on the travel agencies. Highly recommend using Zicasso and hope to use them again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

This website proved invaluable to us when we traveled to Portugal from our home in the US. We’ve traveled extensively in our own country, Mexico and the Caribbean. We’ve used the same travel agency for all these needs for many years. But when we wanted to go to Europe our current agent wasn’t knowledgeable enough to help. Enter Zicasso. Their help in putting us in touch with a top notch local agent was simply fabulous. The agency that worked with us spent a lot of time tailoring an itinerary to our specific interests and budget. We will most certainly be using this service again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

My husband and I had a wonderful trip visiting Morocco by car with a driver. Zicasso put us in touch with a wonderful agency that planned every detail of the trip. The best part was the ride on a camel in the Sahara and our overnight there in a tent.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Our overall experience with Zicasso was fantastic. It all started when my wife wanted to have an exceptional private cooking class experience in Italy with a chef. When we started looking online we were overwhelmed at the choices and did not know where to start. After seeing an ad for Zicasso and what they offered we took a chance and contacted them. What a perfect move. They gave use two trip planners who specialize in Italy to contact to discuss our needs and wishes, and then select the one we liked best to work with. There was no pressure at any time to do anything. Zicasso was great to work with as we modified the itinerary several times to meet our changing interests. I could go on and on but setting up a trip like this is all about trust.

The bottom line is that everything that was set up was great and was implemented without a single hiccup. We had private drivers for certain parts of the trip, all of which showed up exactly on time, were courteous and professional, and knew exactly where we were going. The accommodations in Florence were great and the one in Cinque Terre was acceptable, but there are limits because of renovation restrictions there. Zicasso also arranged for a personal guide for us for our day trip to the Italian Riviera and our guide was fantastic. She gave us a real feel for the history and culture. We would highly recommend this type of excursion to any traveler. The small tour on the vineyards in Tuscany was perfect and we learned a lot about what goes into making their different wines from our guide. We were never rushed and enjoyed a number of wine tastings and had a delicious lunch at one of the vineyards.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Planned a trip to Switzerland with Zicasso. The selection of hotels, and the logistics of the trip were planned by Zicasso. They did an incredible job of setting up transportation, train connections, excursions, logistical details and specifics. This made the trip smooth and eliminated lost time in trying to figure out how and where to go. They included maps, train schedules, tickets and suggestions. Couldn't be more pleased with the coordination of the trip

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Exceptional recommendation for our trip to Italy and Sicily. We had no idea how to set up an itinerary. We fill out a questionnaire detailing what sights we wanted to include and we were paired with an amazing travel agent that set up the perfect vacation for us. They hit all of the sights we wanted and simply hit it out of the park for our vacation. Visited the Vatican/Colosseum, Sorrento and the Almafi coast. So many archaeological sites in Sicily we will have to go back to visit more. It was tailored to our historical tastes and we had amazing guides. We will definitely use them again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

My husband and I are not experienced travelers, but we wanted to take a trip to Spain that would be personalized with experiences that were perfect for us. We did not know where to start. We were in conversation with friends that used Zicasso to help them plan their latest international trip. The services and itinerary planning they got sounded like just what we needed. So we found the Zicasso website on line and filled out their questionnaire. They connected us to local Spanish tour professionals and with their help we designed our trip. We were very excited, however, circumstances got in the way of our taking the trip. That was 4 years ago.

When it was finally time for us to take the trip of a lifetime, it was easy to reconnect with Zicasso and the travel professionals in Spain. They still had the itinerary we had worked on years before!!! We were able to pick up where we left off and just got back from the most wonderful trip! We will definately use Zicasso's services again for our next trip.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Was able to be referred to a company that was able to fulfill our trip. Perfect relationship. They found a travel agent that customized out requests and put together a trip that satisfied all our desires.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

We wanted a personalized travel itinerary. Zicasso helped us find the perfect company to create a stress free, exciting, private tour throughout the Greek islands. We did not have Crete on our wish list but as suggested we went and it was amazing. We’d skip Santorini if going again, as its beauty is remarkable, but even almost off season it was packed with tourists. Greeks speak English as a second language which was a bonus!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I've never used a service like this before and to be honest I was a little nervous. However, it turned out to be the best thing I've done for a vacation. I surprised my wife with a trip to France for our 20th anniversary and needed it to be perfect. I was not disappointed. I spent a significant time on the phone and email going over the itinerary, food, hotels, transfers, etc. Towards the end they sent me over everything I needed to follow during my trip and it went off without a hitch. Many of the things we did like shopping and cooking with a French chef in his amazing restaurant were dream days for us. Wine and olive oil tours were private and just what we loved. I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary and will be back to plan our trip to Italy soon.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Zicasso greatly assisted in planning our honeymoon trip to Italy. They made excellent recommendations and work with us up to and even during the trip to ensure our experience was flawless. Will definitely use them again for future trip planning.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

As soon as we informed Zicasso of our trip to Croatia we immediately (within a few hours) received responses from local travel agents. The Agent we choose was very thorough and suggested an itinerary accordingly to our needs and made adjustments and changes and set up a wonderful itinerary. Our driver and tour guides in each city were very friendly and knowledgeable. In our whole trip including hotels and restaurants we did not encounter any problems and has a fantastic holiday. Will definitely choose Zicasso for our next trip.

Zicasso Company Information