347 Congress Street, Boston, MA

2.0/5 (126 ratings)

About Grand Circle Travel

Grand Circle Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grand Circle Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grand Circle Travel?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

We have just returned from our 6th, and probably last, Grand Circle tour. They have provided great service in the past, but this tour was bad. The Tour guide read from a book, did little guiding on site and was mainly interested in getting us back on the bus. It felt like a school tour where I had the least interested parent supervising me. Our buses had problems; the drivers were pulled from retirement and were unfamiliar with the vehicles. We ran off the road and almost flipped--and Grand Circle did NOTHING. Poor food, poor guidance and no involvement from the guide or the Company.

Completely different, and highly disappointing, from previous trips. I read that the company is being sold to some type of Holding Company--that may explain it. The main thing I have to say to others is: There are many tour Companies out there, now is the time to dismiss GCT and try someone else. I cannot force any reason they would improve from this point. I am disappointed, disgruntled and dissatisfied; I didnt spend money to get this treatment; I could have done better on my own!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I booked a river cruise with GCT because their COVID protocols were strong ... on paper. Not only did GCT require vaccination, including a booster, paperwork sent to me in my final packet, one week before departure, stated GCT policy "G.C.C.L requires all travelers wear facemasks when in public spaces while on board the ship and/or while traveling in a coach bus." This company policy was the reason I booked with them in the first place, because, as we all know, vaccinations may keep one out of the hospital but does NOT keep one from contracting COVID.

Two days before departure, it was a call from the Program Director in Romania who informed me that masks were no longer required. And this information was only transmitted because I raised the subject. He tried to justify the change as one of a country change but I read him the GCT policy which I received in writing as part of my final trip documents. I received no corrected, printed information, no email, no telephone call, informing me of GCT's policy change. It's equivalent to changing a flight schedule and not informing the ticketed passenger.

In a telephone call to GCT I was told the company policy had changed but the paperwork had not been updated. They refuse to accept their responsibility to inform me, in order to allow me to make the decision regarding my exposure. An offer of a certificate for future travel with a company I no longer trust is unacceptable. I feel like I was duped by a bait and switch and wonder how many others were caught in the same scheme. I feel I was defrauded and the company has been unethical in their dealings.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Avoid like the plague! Absolutely the worst travel agency in the business… the service is virtually nonexistent and if you need to contact them, be prepared to spend hours listening to their recorded music after which the line will probably go dead. They tied up over $10,000 of our money on a trip they canceled because the cruise line they offered us had Russian links. And then it took them over 3 months to give us back our money which they did only after numerous phone call attempts and letters to management. Avoid the grief and go elsewhere to a reputable business at the outset.

Original review: July 19, 2022

My cruise was cancelled by the company because do not have enough people, asking for refund but never get an answer. Try to call this phone number 1-800-221-0814/1-877-220-2610, holding for 2 hours cannot get a connection, if The Cruise Company cancel the trip they should automatically refund your money, finally I have through the credit card company to dispute payment.

Original review: July 7, 2022

They have made it impossible to contact them about anything. 2 hour wait for phone contact. No answer to emails or snail mail. They sent me an unitemized bill for $650 for a trip I'd been notified had been completely paid for. I've tried to reach by each way listed without success. Don't do business with these people. They are completely incompetent at this point. The best they do is send a canned letter saying how sorry they are that they are behind in correspondence because of having to frequently change airline reservations for various tours. That's no excuse for not responding to paid customer's inquiries.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Booked Iceland Greenland trip this year. GCT cancelled the Greenland portion. Terms indicate if they cancel you get a refund. You can also reevaluate if you want to cancel the total trip. We plan to go to Iceland. Asked for refund and got a credit instead. $7000 in their pocket. I called, sent letters, asking for a refund. It’s their terms. No answer. I don’t want to be obligated to Grand Circle. They appear to be having problems, long waits on the phone. I am still pursuing my refund.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Our 2020 tour has been re-booked to 2022. But we need to cancel. It is impossible to reach this company. They had no number call back policy and I have been on hold 1/2 hr. 4x. I was told last year I could not cancel the trip and they rescheduled it but now I cannot even reach them to find out if I can change the trip. I had always heard this was a good company but clearly it is no longer good. How Can I Get $$ back?? How can I reach them??

Original review: June 6, 2022

This company must not have enough staffing. They also operate overseas travel adventures. They have changed our river cruise a couple of times. We are only a month out. When you try to contact someone by phone. You are on hold for 2-3 hours. UNACCEPTABLE!! They don’t have any way to contact them. Even email or call back. This is my first experience with them. I would not recommend the company.

Original review: May 17, 2022

We have traveled with Grand Circle Travel 5 times in the past and never had an issue. We booked a tour in July 2020 for March 2021 and paid in full. They canceled the tour and said if we left in our the books for the same time the following year we would not be charged extra so we did. We got a bill November 11th for another $900. Not thinking I paid it. When I realized I should not have been charged I called and was told we should not have been billed that amount and a refund would arrive in about 30 days. So I waited. Instead I got an invoice saying we were not due a refund so I called again.

Again I was told we were due the refund and they had put in for it only to once again receive an invoice showing no refund due. So I called again but was told we also were overcharged $100 for travel insurance and $200 for the airline portion of the tour. We were once again assured that a refund would be issued. It has not and now when I call they leave me on hold for over 3 hours a call and do not answer. As they now owe us $1,200 I cannot give up but would like to warn others.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I had a trip planned to Costa Rico in March of 2020. Due to Covid it was cancelled 2 days before the trip. They promised to rebook at another date or a full refund. I choose a full refund. They then said refunds were not an option. I felt pressured to rebook another trip so I rebooked a trip to the Panama Canal for Jan. 2021. Travel was not advised so I cancelled that. Hated to lose my money so booked a trip to Alaska for August 2022 thinking it would be safe to travel by then. Now I have some health issues and don't feel safe to travel. I've tried to call them and waited an hour and a half without anyone answering. Not sure I have any recourse but feel they were dishonest from the first cancellation.

Grand Circle Travel Company Information