3.13/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Tours4Fun

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Tours4Fun is a thriving online travel site with a wide selection of exciting vacation packages and travel activities worldwide at the most competitive prices.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

528 Tours4Fun Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

If you are not Chinese, do not book this tours. They take you to asian buffets all the time, cheap disgusting food, horrible hotels and long bus hours to see 30 minutes Parliament Hill and 3 hours Quebec City. Choose another tour company! I left a bad review on their website, I bet it will never be published.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I had booked this tour for my parents and their friends. They are not very happy with the tour and tour guide. The itinerary was hectic. The tour guide almost forced them to buy tickets for the shows they were not interested in. He also didn’t allow them to buy tickets for the tours that were not offered by Tours4Fun such as helicopter ride. They really wanted to do the helicopter ride and had enough time to be able to do it in the morning but the tour guide was very non-cooperative to help them be able to do so by skipping some of the experiences you were offering. He Kept insisting to buy the tours you offered instead of helicopter ride.

He did not even guide them where to buy tickets to helicopter ride were and lied that they are not operating. My parents later figured their ticket booth was very close and the helicopter rides were very much in operation at that time. They had no interest in watching movie and fort etc and wanted to do the helicopter ride instead. They couldn’t do it because money because of complete money-making mindset if your tour guide instead of a supportive one. Even the bus driver was very rude. The way he gave instructions could have been more nicer and welcoming. We will not be using you again or recommending to others. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I searched online for a travel site and debated between Tours4Fun and TourRadar. TourRadar had a better graphical interface because they included stuff that Tours4Fun didn't include. For example, they have an actual PDF brochure of the tour which they got from Travel Couture and they also had vaccination preferences. So I looked at TourRadar for most of the information, but I ended up booking at Tours4Fun because they had a better price. I like the hotels, transportation, and everything in my trip but the biggest problem I had was the language barrier.

One thing that was very misleading on the website was that it said that you get a bilingual tour guide, which was true, but most of the tour guides barely knew English and it was really bad, as in they had a bad accent. And that made me really mad. Why then were they hired to be a bilingual tour guide if their English is not good? It's not fair for us who were paying the full price. While most of them spoke Spanish really well, their English was so poor to the point where we couldn't understand half of the things they were saying. I remember reaching out to Tours4Fun before to make sure their tour guides know very good English and they said they do, but that wasn't the case. So the next time I go to Spain or even Morocco, I am going to make sure that my tour guide only speaks English because it was very hard with the language barrier. Nevertheless, Tours4Fun was easy, economical, and simple.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I found Tours4Fun on the internet and learned that they’re affiliated with Rabbie’s Travel which I had used when I was in Scotland and England last summer. Our purchasing experience with Tours4Fun was really good and was easily. I have used other travel agencies before. I had to talk to somebody about it and negotiate with them. But with Tours4Fun, it was easy to sign up for the tour. Everything was online so I just plugged in what I wanted. Only once did I contact their customer service representative and that was when I was in Ireland. I had to tell them I got a notice that I was supposed to call and let them know I was going to be on the tour the next day. They wrote me back and told me not to worry about it.

The tour took about a week and a half throughout Ireland and we stayed in B & B's. It was in a 17-person minibus where the bus driver was also the tour guide. While the B & B's were really nice, I'm a 63-year-old woman who had to carry my bag up one to three flights of stairs every place we stayed which I really hate. I wouldn't do that again. The other negative thing about the trip was that I didn't get as much information like when I went with Rabbie's Travel where every director or leader of the group was incredibly knowledgeable on everything like botany, geography or culture. On this trip, I had three different tour directors and none of them did that. They gave a little bit of history and then asked if we had questions. I was really disappointed because in Scotland they've all been really chatty that I just couldn't shut them up. And every one of them had been like that. So I presumed they would be like that in Ireland too.

But still, I had a good time and it was a great tour. I traveled with three different groups of people and the groups rotated in over time wherein some people would leave and then new ones would come in. And they were so lovely. Also, the directors were incredibly flexible and very easy going. Whatever we wanted, they tried to make that happen for us. They were wonderful and couldn't have been more gracious. Overall, Tours4Fun was very accommodating and easy to deal with.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I am incredibly disappointed by the company Tours4Fun and their ability to meet customer satisfaction. We booked for a Miami tour in Orlando and were advised to meet in the morning at 6:30am. We waited for 2 hours and became concerned. When I called customer service they said they had called to inform us they had no driver for the day and said we will need to cancel and we will receive a full refund. Obviously we agreed as there was nothing we could do about the situation. We then received a phone call at around 2pm saying they had a driver, however we had booked plans the following morning and there was no point in travelling to Miami at that time in the afternoon, and the man had already cancelled. However, this confirmed that the company did not try to contact us in the morning otherwise we would have been informed about the initial incident and would not have wasted hours waiting for the tour.

Now when I ask about the full refund, the company refuses to give us the full amount because we "cancelled in less than 7 days". We did not wish to cancel, we were waiting for the tour for hours longer than we should have. The company never informed us that the tour would not be going ahead, then they promised a full refund, and now they won't give the full refund. I am very upset and disappointed and I feel like this is a scam.

Tours4Fun response

We regret to hear about your recent experience with your reservation and we do appreciate your feedback. Our records show that we have been able to process a full refund for the cost of your tour reservation on 09/08. Please feel free to email us at service@tours4fun if you require any additional assistance on your reservation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tours4Fun?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My friends came to visit and I decided to take them on a tour to Niagara Falls. I have done it before with another company and it was pretty good. First of all, the bus was very small, around 33 seats, no restroom on a bus, not enough space for legs either. Moreover, the bus' suspension must be so old or worn out, that it shakes so crazy, you feel it will fall apart any second. The tour guide speaks some English, though not enough to clearly understand her. Her knowledge of the places is not very impressive either. I was surprised when she called Native Americans - Indians, when we actually had a lot of tourists from India on a bus. I found it very rude and unprofessional.

Moreover, we must pay $19/person for her "services". They collect cash on a bus to pay for tickets and restaurants later, when I would prefer to pay for them myself. Once again, I have taken similar tour before from a different company and have something to compare with. My friends and I were very unhappy with a tour. Wasted time. Seriously, I strongly advise you to think twice before you purchase tickets from them. It is always the best option to rent a car. You would save a lot of money!

Tours4Fun response

We are sorry to hear about your experience on the tour you booked with us and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to email us at service@tours4fun to follow-up with your reservation number so that our customer service department can look into this issue for you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We had a very pleasant experience with Tours4Fun. We had some friends that were out in Spain who researched on a couple of tour operators and pointed us to one or two. My wife did a little research on the internet and found that Tours4Fun appeared to be more reputable. Purchasing online from them was fine. I was able to find what I was looking for in terms of pricing and timing. They were able to answer a lot of our questions too. The only thing I've got negative about Tours4Fun was the fact that they do not have a good follow-up system.

We booked our trip in advance and they did not have complimentary emails about the tour getting closer or more information about the trip. They also didn’t book the flights to Niagara Falls from New York until two or three days prior to the actual date, which put me from California going to New York at a nervous wreck thinking, “Well, what happens if they don’t pick us up at 4:00 in the morning. Who the heck do I call then?” But other than that, they were fine. I've called their customer service a couple of times and they were very pleasant.

The travel aspect was organized. They came by and picked everybody up within the time limit they said they would. They also corralled us to where we needed to go, put us on the plane, guided us on a bus, took us up, and helped us through customs. The local tour operator was knowledgeable as well. He spoke three different languages and was able to get us back on time. Everything was very well done and I’d use Tours4Fun again. I just have to bug them more and if they don't want to, I'd ask them them to keep me more posted as the tour gets closer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We booked a Calgary trip in Oct. Confirmation was given to us several times. Two weeks prior to the trip, we called to "re-confirm" and was told that it was "canceled!" It appears that if we had not called to re-confirm, we would have flown to Calgary with no tour or hotel accommodations. What happened? Also, the airlines (Westjet and Air Canada) have refused us a refund. Unacceptable! :(

Tours4Fun response

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Tours4Fun and appreciate your feedback. Upon checking your order details, our records confirm that we did not send out any confirmation notifications for your reservation due to non availability of the tour for your selected travel dates and we noted that we one of our customer service representatives has already assisted you with your reservation. Feel free to email us at service@tours4fun.com if you have any further questions on your order.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Horrible tour guide. Most speak Chinese very fast. No self time all rush. We was looking a tour from NYC to Niagara fall & DC. I find Tours4Fun web. The post was look and promise a nice and fun tour. We picked up from Brooklyn to Manhattan then start the tour to Philadelphia and DC. In DC the guide in name Allen notified us that the bus have some issue and cannot go to Niagara fall and we need switch bus. The replacement bus came was very old dirty all thing broken. Inside smell gasoline. Driver drive aggressive almost caused two accident. Talk on phone when drive, the bathroom on bus was out of service. Allen the guide announcement that we can't use the bathroom since not working so he suggest to "not eat or drink" during the drive so we no need to stop to bathroom.

Most of the people was Chinese so Allen spoke only Chinese. We most of the tour didn't understand nothing. Most attraction was fast. They don't give you time to be by yourself to take picture or walk. Nothing like army. "If you not be on time the bus leaving." From DC we drove almost 6-7 hours to Niagara time. Was almost midnight to enter to motel next day. We drive to the Niagara fall. We get there in evening time on our tour scheduled suppose to be a night view of the fall with the light on with all color. We was there like 2 hour and and when we ask Allen why we not stay to see the night view as promise Allen laugh and says "we can control when the Canadian side turn the light on." Really!!!

This trip use waste of time and money. The money was no matter like the time that maybe never come back. Most of time we stop to eat at Chinese food since most of the people use Chinese and I guess Allen get commission for bring people to their restaurant. In the of the tour we get split on 4 bus that was as group to NJ, NY, DC (not mention on their website) since our bus was from DC. Allen told us we need to move to other bus but the bus was full. No place to sit. 8 hour drive and we was party of 5. We try to sit together but no one of the crew help us. With all that mess Allen come to our bus to get his tip $120 and when we ask him to fix the mess he said the trip is over and this is not his problem. He said the tip is mandatory and everyone need to pay.

Bottomline Tours4Fun located in LA and use 3rd part company that don't care about services just the money, if I knew that will be the trip we was getting off from this bus in D.C., I try to dispute my card with my bank but they have hidden note in their web when using that can't be refund your money. Not worth the time you lost. Horrible company. If I can give them "0" star it was be great. Unfortunately I didn't read all review but hope you will.

Tours4Fun response

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your recent trip and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to email us at service@tours4fun to follow-up with your reservation number so that our customer service department can look into this issue for you.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This website is inaccurate, misrepresents information so it is not clear as what we will do and how the tour (4-Day Lower Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend and Grand Canyon) will look. Schedule is too strict, no freedom to walk in the parks or just enough time to see everything. For example at the Horseshoe Canyon we had 40 minutes, it took 15 min even to get there, 15 min to come back to the bus, what means we actually had 10 minutes there to see the canyon. Most of the time we were sitting in the bus and coming back to Las Vegas really early (around 5-6 pm).

The guide was awful and most of the time speaking in Mandarin. Guide was translating to English only additional prices for night tour, Las Vegas shows and buffets. We had three different guides during this tour and all of them were impolite, with poor English. Whenever we asked questions they said that they don't have time for us to answer our questions but at the same time the guides were chatting with Chinese tourists. Guides gave a lot more details for Chinese clients so we felt unimportant, dismissed and even discriminated due to our race (the fact that we are not Chinese).

The hotel was awful and poor, in dangerous neighborhood with lots of crackheads around. It has no room service so it means that three nights we were staying there we had full trash bins, no wifi (actually there is no wifi in the whole hotel) and so on. There were other fees not mentioned until the trip started so we spent double the money. All the payments during the trip had to be made only in cash and when we requested receipts we didn't get them. So no receipts, no official transactions, no tickets - it's up to you to decide if it shady or is it ok. All in all, there were even more problems but it's too hard to write a review about everything. My advice for you is to be smart and DO NOT BOOK this or any other similar tour. It's not worth your time, money and more important your mental health.

Tours4Fun response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do our best to ensure the tour information is as accurate and up to date as possible on the tours' information pages on our website. We will have one of our customer service representatives contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Tour was easy to book online. However the only information you get is what you see online. The tour met at a rent car counter at the airport that was unmanned so no one really knew who the tour guide was or if we were in the right place. There were several stops at Walmart to get "to go" food because we had to eat on the bus and sometimes we had to go get breakfast and lunch for the next day after we got to our hotel after 8 pm. The tours covered the highlights of the places we visited and driver and guide were nice, but many times we did not get the info we needed upfront.

The tour requires an additional fee for activities and it not clear that it has to be in cash and we were not notified prior to when we needed it. On the day before our last day the guide announced she was coming around to collect a fee for her and the driver and it was $8 per day. Well usually this is done on the last day so I didn't have that much cash with me. She was going to each person and requesting $8 per day for her and $8 per day for her. This is a TIP and should NOT be a mandated fee. If this is a fee it should be included in the price of the tour since I've paid for the tour and then all my food and all the activities and now a mandatory tip? I always tip for good service, however, the way this was handled was just rude! I enjoyed my trip seeing highlights of areas. I will return to at another time, however this just leaves me disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I was searching the net for Mt. Rainier trips and the prices from Tours4Fun looked reasonable and they’re very good so I decided to go ahead with them. I made the purchase a few months back and the process went smoothly. On the day of the trip, we got on board and then we were taken to a hotel and more people got on board then. We went to Walmart to do some shopping for lunch and then the next stop was Niagara Waterfalls. We spent 45 minutes there then we went to Mt. Rainier. We’ve trekked some two hours then we came back. The customer service team was professional and gave us the right kind of breaks. I would use them again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I like the location of the stops that Tours4Fun are making for the tour so I went with them. Their price was competitive and it was fine navigating their website. Everything went pretty smoothly during our tour of Los Angeles, except for the morning. There was a party of three that were an hour late and the bus driver had to wait for them. He was told by the tour that he must wait for them and that frustrated everyone on the bus. Everyone wanted to leave the three people and get the party started. Waiting for an hour was really annoying and they shouldn't be doing that in the future.

I'm from LA and I was taking my kids and my mom on the tour. We live in the suburbs so the kids have never seen a lot of these locations and my mom who is from out-of-town. I've been to a lot of these places but they really enjoyed the Grove, which has the farmers market and it was the best. The tour takes you to all the highlights of Los Angeles and if you only had one day to do it, it's a great tour to take.

But Tours4Fun is not the real tour, they're just the people who are selling those tickets. We were staying in a hotel and when we got to the hotel that morning to check in, the concierge was trying really hard to sell me a tour. I told him I already have a tour and when I told him which one, he said he had never heard of it before. He also said he doesn't know if they'll show up and he’s never seen that bus from that place before. At the end of the day, it turned out that the bus that picked us up was the bus he was talking about. So there must be some sub-contracting thing going on. The bus that actually picked us up didn’t even say Tours4Fun on it. So it's not like Tours4Fun grabbed me in the way that I would be going to their website and buy tickets from them again. I would just go to Trip Advisor and look at what other people are saying are really good tours.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

So I looked over all the reviews of Tours 4 Fun, both positive and negative and decided to give it a try, for one of their 2 day bus tours from NYC to DC advertised as $76 on their website. I'll get straight to the point: Although advertised as $76, if you're going alone they add a $50 fee- It came up to $126. The advertised amount is for 2 people and the fee drops to $55 per person if it's 3 or 4 people. This advertised fee on their website only covers the bus and the one night you spend in a hotel. There are other fees not mentioned until AFTER you book the ticket which are: $8 fee per person per day for the driver and tour guide- so $16 total, plus you're on your own paying for the attractions you visit and the cost of food, which if itemized adds up to approximately $110 in addition to what you've already paid on the website.

So in total the trip really costs $186-$200 depending on how much you're willing to spend on their "package" outside of the costs on their website. This tour is geared to Mandarin Chinese speaking customers. The bus I was on, the tour guide's English wasn't the best, but I tried my hardest to understand most of what he said. Tour guide spoke in broken English and Mandarin intermittently. Now, getting on the bus, you're assigned a number on a disclaimer that absolves the bus of any responsibility in case of any mishaps. You can't just sit anywhere, you have to sit in your assigned seat number that you receive on the disclaimer paper. Now, what I observed, not sure if this is subtle racism, is that all the Mandarin Chinese customers received seat numbers near the front of the bus, and anyone else (Indian, European, **) received seat numbers towards the back of the bus.

I'm not sure if this was intentionally done, was xenophobia, or what it was, it just seemed pretty odd in 2017. The seat numbers are ridiculous, it isn't an airplane and people should be allowed to sit wherever they please. The bus itself that I was on had no outlets to charge your phone, for such a long trip it was rather ridiculous, but I thankfully brought my portable charger. The AC was pretty low or not on at all for some of our traveling. The bathroom is also locked throughout the entire duration of the 2 day trip. We, the tourists were told to use the restrooms outside of the bus, and sometimes, some pit stops between states were 3-4 hours long. There was this little kid I felt tremendously sorry for, who needed to desperately use the restroom and the next pit stop wasn't for 2 hours! He asked the driver to open the bathroom on the bus for him and he refused! :(

If that isn't heartless then I don't know what is :(. Is it even legal to keep the restrooms on a tour bus locked for such a long trip? I'm not even sure. Hotel accommodation: Thankfully although the tour guide said we'd be staying at the Marriott and we ended up at the Sheraton instead, it turned out to be okay. I had my own room so it was good for me and I was able to get some rest. The attractions were all good but you didn't have much time to enjoy them, we were constantly being shuffled from one point to another in a short space of time.

The meal package offered as part of the $110 I mentioned before are ALL Chinese buffets. No other food options are offered as per their meal package. And the servers at these establishments aren't very hospitable, it's almost as though they're rushing you to eat and get out their restaurant. I personally won't patronize this tour company again. There are too many others with better reviews worth trying and having fun with, and in addition to the horror stories others have shared on this website, I'd be careful if I were you. I really think that the Better Business Bureau should look into Tour 4 Fun's business practices for any tourist who may not be aware of what they're getting to when they book trips on their website.

Dear Patrice,

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and we are sharing this with the tour operator to allow them to gain some insight as to where they can improve their services in the future.

Tours4Fun uses reasonable efforts to include accurate, complete and current information on the tour packages we offer available. Information on what our packages include as well as a list of any additional fees payable on tour not covered by the reservation price is always posted on the information pages for all our budget friendly packages.

We appreciate your feedback and invite you to email reviews@tours4fun with your reservation number so that customer service department can look further into this for you.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I'm currently on this trip with my girlfriend, and from the moment we set off the experience with our tour guide has been very annoying, shady, and unprofessional. Our tour guide does not know anything about any of our destinations besides for a couple of local eats (Tim Hortons and Mcdonalds), and the real estate pricing. She will say the same irrelevant things 5 times before she stops talking, only to repeat those same 5 things 5 more times. She will not stop talking, and only talking for the sake of speaking. She had no knowledge of any of our destinations whatsoever. The attractions have been amazing, I cannot deny that. Upon arrival, our tour guide told us we were to give 250$ per person for attractions and food. It is like it is a requirement to spend another 500$, on top of the 350$ we already paid.

We took a look at the prices for the attractions, only to find out that Tours4Fun is advertising them for up to 7-12 dollars more than what the prices are on the website! This lady: Tiffany, thinks we are stupid, and tries to take money from us. We did not decide to eat at every restaurant the tour stopped at. They stop at the same restaurant every time, a buffet style Thai eatery. We stopped to eat with them once, since we had no other option. Tiffany was charging each person in our group 28$ per buffet. Our group has 45 people. I saw the receipt while leaving the restaurant, while only totaled to 250$ for 45 people. She is trying to make over 1000$ off the group.

We had enough, and decided to eat at a local Cora instead of waiting for the group to finish with an attraction that we had not been interested in. While trying to enjoy at least 20 minutes away from Tiffany, she insisted on calling us 3 times telling us to come back, that we cannot do that, that it is "dangerous". This group was full of adults, not kindergarteners. Please watch out for Tours4Fun. They are a shady and dead beat organization aimed at making undeserved and dirty money. Apart from that, the attractions have been absolutely amazing. It's too bad the customer treatment could have been too.

Tours4Fun response

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your recent trip and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to email us at reviews@tours4fun with your reservation number so that our customer service department can look into this issue for you.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I booked the tours to Upper Antelope Canyon through this site. I planned my trip for 20th August, but by mistake booked for the 21st 12 PM prime show and paid $386 for a total of 4 adults and 2 kids. Then called them again to get the dates changed right away after placing the order, and they immediately increased the prices to $432 with an additional $30 price for changing the date. So now I have paid a total of $462. I go to the Navajo tours from where they take us in a van to the upper antelope canyon. I see the prices there which says $48 for adults and $28 for kids. So now if I calculate the total pricing, it only comes almost half as what I paid here.

There is absolutely no change in the services offered by Tours4Fun vs booking through Navajo tours. Please be aware about this and make sure to check all sites before booking through this site. Whether it is prime time or some other time, Navajo tours offer better prices. Please be aware and I'm never going to book any tours via Tours4Fun.

Tours4Fun response

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Tours4Fun and appreciate your feedback. Tours4Fun uses reasonable efforts to include accurate, complete and current information on our website including full information on our tour package prices, as well as our cancellation and change policies. The amendment fees are in place as a result of costs incurred by our agency when making a change to a confirmed booking. The reservation price offered for the Antelope Canyon tour allows for our customers to pre-reserve the tour, and we do not claim that we offer "walk in" rates or rates available for travelers who do not make a reservation for the tour. Please feel free to email us at reviews@tours4fun with your reservation number so that our customer service department can look into this issue for you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

It was a good experience with Tours4Fun including purchasing the package from them. Their website was easy to navigate and their pricing was good. My friend called them and booked with them our seven-day Central and Eastern Europe tour from Frankfurt. The trip was nice and we enjoyed it. On the first night though, the hotel stay was not good because there was no air-conditioner. It was hot but it was okay. It was a fun experience and I would recommend Tours4Fun to friends.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

We are booked on the 7-Day Canadian Rocky & Victoria Summer Tour Package (183-394) starting on 8/30/2017 (Reservation # **). We did not know this tour has been outsourced or would not have booked. Tours4Fun has refused to confirm the tour guide information, the pickup details and the hotel arrangements. They will not even tell us the name of the tour operator. They repeatedly state that we will have to call to get the requested confirmation information one day before the start of the tour (8/30/2017). One day before the tour we will be at sea on a cruise ship and calling is not available. What can we do? This is bizarre. WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY.

Tours4Fun response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Tours4Fun uses reasonable efforts to include accurate, complete and current information on our website including the fact that we are a travel agency and the tours we offer are run by various local tour companies. Tickets were issued out on the same day we received your order, and this included the contact information for the local tour operator that you traveled out with on their 7 day tour package. Please feel free to email us at service@tours4fun with your reservation number so that our customer service department can look into this issue for you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We took the 5 day Tours4Fun tour (**) from LA to San Francisco via Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park, as it fitted in with our itinerary, and what we wanted to see. We had no idea that Tours4Fun outsourced the tour to a Chinese company, Lassen Tours, which meant that we had a disengaged tour leader for the first 2 days (Bruce) who spoke 90% of the time in Mandarin, and when he did speak in English, it was very difficult to understand. Bruce was unsmiling and surly, and I suggest that he get a job that he actually enjoys. We swapped guides on the third day, and got Ming Ming, who was outgoing, funny and professional, and tried her hardest to please.

Despite the fact that it was a tour for Asian travelers, we actually enjoyed the tour, as the content was wonderful (Grand Canyon and Yosemite amazing). However, we felt that the language barrier meant that we didn't really engage with the other travelers, and felt left out a lot of the time. The hotels were very modest (the Red Roof Inn at San Francisco very poor, but the diner at the front of the hotel made up for the room) but I guess you get what you pay for, and the price of the tour was reasonable. Just be aware that this is tailored in every way to Chinese clients.

Tours4Fun response

Thank you for sharing your experience with your recent trip and we truly appreciate your feedback. We have passed this information on to the local tour company to allow them to gain some insight as to where they can improve in their services in the future.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I was searching for Grand Canyon tours then I came across Tours4Fun. Money-wise or price-wise, I found them better than the other websites and I decided to go with them. The interaction with customer care and booking was smooth and quick. I also sent an email to the customer care and I received a prompt response. It was awesome. Purchasing online was easy, I had all the information available, and their payment process was swift. The Sedona Red Rock Adventure I went to was a one-day tour. It has met all of my expectations and it’s a very good worth for the money. The tour guide was fun to be with too. Right from when we start from Phoenix until we reached Sedona, he explained all the places nicely. So, we had fun. I had a good experience with Tours4Fun and if I plan to do a trip and we need transportation and don’t want to do our own planning, I sure would consider them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I was looking for the Death Valley experience as we were going to be in Vegas for a few days, and I found Tours4Fun. I went with them because I didn't want to get into a package where I had to do a few different things as I just really wanted to do that one thing that day. The online purchase was easy, the reps were helpful, and the overall service was good. I got a call the day before to let me know the meeting point.

The participants of the tour all had independently booked a hotel. We weren't part of a group. Tours4Fun went from hotel to hotel to pick up people, and everyone, for the most part, was fine other than two people. The overall tour was fine but there was a little bit of a problem when we were there because we all had a time to be back at the bus and there were two people who kept on making us wait 15 to 20 minutes in the heat. So then on the way back, it made more sense for Tours4Fun to drop us off at our hotel because as soon as you get off the highway, our hotel was the first one there. But they decided to take the two people that were late for each stop all the way to their hotel and make everyone wait. It took 45 minutes for us to get back to our hotel and I thought it was really inefficient.

Also, one other thing that they didn't disclose when I booked before which I think should be, is that when we get on the bus we will be handed this paper that we have to sign over saying, basically, if we were hurt, even my insurance company wouldn't be able to sue them. But other than that, the tour guide was very knowledgeable. He took us to places that I don't think we'd see on a lot of tours because we were such a small group, and it was a great day. If people ask me about Tours4Fun, I would just give them the information that I had of my experience and I'd let them know about the release that they'd be asked to sign. But overall, it was a beautiful experience. It's like a once in a lifetime thing that you do.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: July 29, 2017

Trip was awful, rigid, had to stick to a strict schedule, no freedom to walk at the falls, no food choices, required meal was awful for the $16 that was required - misrepresented as international buffet but it was a poor version of Chinese food, horrible bathroom in restaurant. Website is inaccurate, misrepresents information so it is not clear as to what we will do. We thought we would have free time to walk the falls and choose our meal. Poor English by guide and whenever we ask questions he would say he has to talk to others, or tell us he will talk to us later and so we were made to feel unimportant and dismissed. Gave a lot more details to Chinese clients. Please don't advertise to non-Chinese tourists if you are going to tour like this. Overly priced and horrible.

Bus was comfortable and timely arrival, but communication issues - said they would not stop other than website, but stopped at so many hotel locations on the return. The only thing that made it fun was the company of my friends. I was planning to take more tour with them if this experience was good, but I will not do it and will recommend that others. Stay away.

Dear S ja,

We are truly sorry to hear of the disappointment you experienced when booking your travels with us. Tours4Fun uses reasonable efforts to include accurate, complete and current information on our website for our tour packages available. We'll investigate reported issues with the local tour operator and provide a resolution to you.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I once booked a different website. I was traveling with my mom and she doesn't understand too much English. But Tours4Fun was good because the tours didn't come only in English, they also have it in Spanish. I contacted customer service via email and they respond quickly. We went to see the Switzerland Alps. We have time to spend on our own without the guided tour, so we could explore and take tons of pictures. There were a variety of people and the tour guide could speak three languages. It was really good. My mom liked it a lot. It's very fun. It was a safe and comfortable ride for a one-day experience in Switzerland. I recommend Tours4Fun and if they have what I'm looking for. I will most probably use Tours4Fun on my next trip.

Original review: July 3, 2017

We took a trip to Grand Canyon through Tours4Fun because of the price. Their website is easy to navigate and I found where we wanted to go. The customer service reached out to me to confirm the final pick-up. A young man picked us up in a shuttle van, drove us after, provided water, and always gave us the detail of where we were going. I plan on using Tours4Fun again if there's something to do.

Original review: June 30, 2017

Tours4Fun got the best prices and package for a customer. I bought the Disneyland tour and the process was pretty easy. I'd possibly use them again in eight to nine months, it's just that I took too many trips at one time. They got excellent service and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Tours4Fun has a convenient scheduling of the tour, their timing was the right range of what I was looking for, and it seemed like a good value. The online purchasing experience was easy, but the site seems a little bit outdated in terms of look and feel and how you click through stuff but it was fine. Then I had some issues with the tour itself because there was a miscommunication in terms of timing. The drop-off and pickup timings weren’t reliable so it resulted in a lot of wasted time. I ended up getting a refund for my tour because it was that disorganized. It was good that they understood the situation and they accommodated me. It was fine in the end, but it was a new tour so they were still figuring out some logistics between multiple drop-off points.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: June 20, 2017

I had recently booked a tour to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec for my parents who are visiting from India. Unfortunately I had a family medical emergency and I got in touch with Tours4Fun if I could reschedule the tour. I was plainly refused any changes to the reservation. I asked if I could get a partial refund and I was denied that too. I understand that it is their policy and I should have been aware but I really fail to understand that when even airlines have an option of refund or at least changes to the reservation are accepted then why can't a 3 day bus tour have that? I explained the gravity of my situation but I was refused so I won't be ever booking a tour with them nor will I be recommending them to anyone.

Tours4Fun response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As we are unable to pull any records of your contacting us by phone or email regarding the cancellation request, please send us an email at reviews@tours4fun.com with additional details so that our customer service department can look into this issue for you.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I have traveled with Tours4Fun a couple of times and it's been a great experience. I didn't encounter any problem when I purchased online. It went smoothly and their program is very good. The more you travel through them, the more points you accumulate. So if I would go on a trip, I'd really go to Tours4Fun.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I called Tours4Fun to talk about specifics on dates and stuff about the Grand Canyon tour. A little bit of the information was missing because it says that it's a two-day tour but I needed to make sure that I could pick any two days. But it was still an easy online purchasing experience and they contacted me right away after I emailed them. They told me a little bit about what we were gonna do each day and what was gonna happen.

First they picked us up at a hotel where we were staying. Then we went to Sedona, as we were supposed to and then all the way up to the Grand Canyon. Wayne was a great tour guide and really fun to be around. He was also amazingly educated. He talked the whole four hours. He could drive and talk, drive and talk. We learned a ton from him and that's why we like to do these day tours. He took us to some great sites to look out. Then we got into our hotel, spent the night and were picked up the next day by somebody else at three o'clock and then driven home. Tours4Fun was professional, prompt and exactly what I expected.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 3, 2017

Til you get the tour package the guys are kind enough. Once you pay they treat you like they take you for free trip since the payment is not refundable. They have zero adjustment in the tour. If you want to have a slavery tour you can apt for it. I had my parents who are old enough to walk fast but the guide wasn't bothered about it. If I slow down the only note he always have is 'you gonna miss the trip'. They said they'll provide water where they didn't actually do. They gave irresponsible answer that they don't have water. I nearly spend 500$ which it's not worth for it.

Tours4Fun response

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the tour you reserved through Tours4Fun and appreciate your feedback. Requests for changes to most of the tour packages we offer are accommodated if requested outside of 7 days from the tour's departure date. Information on our tours and what the reservation price includes is clearly posted on our tours' information pages.

If there is anything we can be of assistance to resolve your concerns, please email us at reviews@tours4fun.com. We will coordinate with the local tour operator and provide a resolution to you.

Tours4Fun Company Information