3.56/5
Based on 79 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

tours4fun.com

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Tours4Fun is a thriving online travel site with a wide selection of exciting vacation packages and travel activities worldwide at the most competitive prices.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 23, 2018

578 Tours4Fun Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

Tours4Fun had a lot of variety and a little more things one can do. We went on one of those four-wheelers and then we stopped and did gun shooting. It was interesting ‘cause I never shot a gun in my life before. We took on this handgun and there was this big one they took back and we shot it. I'd probably use Tours4Fun again and I would tell a friend to look into them. The online purchasing was easy as well. And when we had a problem with one of their charge, they took care of it. It was over the phone and the representative worked it out really well.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

It has been unpleasant experience dealing with this tour company starting from misleading and confusing information on their website and the price keep changing. Basically we just try to buy tours package through them and part of the tour has seperate fee to it and it kept changing from some fee including and the next day they excluded and keep adding extra charge and fee started from $47 extra and kept adding to $75. I felt like it’s scammed even the tour guide said they are lied to you, I know one of the them are lying but can’t figure it out who or maybe they both in the scamming business together. Just beware of using their services.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had a terrible experience with Tours4Fun. It was my sister's birthday and we were looking up tours. We wanted to go to what they advertised as a cenote, where you could swim and snorkel. Then we wanted to go to the Coba archaeological site, and Tours4Fun also advertised the Mayan River. I googled the Mayan River, and it was supposed to be a really pretty beach. At the tour group, I asked when were we going to the Mayan river, and I was told that we were not going there. We were driving on it. Then we went to the Coba, which was cool. Then we went to the cenote, and I said that it was not the cenote that I remember was advertised. I was told that that was it. I took pictures because I was like, "This isn't right. This is not what I paid for." And they were like, "Nope, this is the one." They didn't even know what I was talking about.

When I called and complained, Tours4Fun told me that maybe the tour group didn't take us there due to weather. I'm like, "Shouldn't they let me know that? They didn't say anything." I tried to get my money back, but no one was cooperating and I just finally gave up. It was more of a hassle to get a hold of people. Tours4Fun was like, "We can't get a hold of them." I'm like, "What kind of company do you run?" I was trying to resolve this for months. It happened in May, and it went on into September. I was really pissed off about that. Tours4Fun is terrible at customer service. They never got back to me and I kept having to call. It was the worst experience.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I got more points through Tours4Fun and purchasing online wasn't bad. However, there were a few things that were a bit confusing, like being told that you had to wait until you got your ticket to make sure that it was guaranteed and also where to go exactly to meet up. We did the cocktail tour and that was pretty fun. The tour guide was really entertaining so I enjoyed going through her. We did the cemetery tour as well but I wasn't as enthused with it. And then, we did the ghost tour and that was neat. I wouldn't mind using Tours4Fun again when we go to another city on a vacation like that because it's a nice way to see different things in town. They're a good company to use and they're fairly reasonable on price.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We wanted hotel upgrade package with one night each in Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. We were advised that would only be possible on tours departing on Thursdays. So, Our group itinerary for Canadian Rockies tour had been changed based on advice of customer service. We changed our flight reservations. Later, they insisted on huge additional surcharge along with upgrade fee to confirm the reservation and sadly, we had to let go the hotel upgrade option. Every time I called them, it was a different person to deal with and a big headache to maintain continuity of conversations.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tours4Fun?

Original review: April 5, 2018

I requested a booking per availability shown on their website. Then they email me, "Are you willing to pay additional $$." I authorized since I was in tour mood. Then a local agent calls me and tells me that booking is unavailable for the date I want so can you go two days later and tells me to call the Tours4Fun and ask them to change the date. Now they ask me to pay surcharge for change of date???

Original review: March 28, 2018

Tours4Fun had some good specials. They had little packages for things to go see. Basically, we only did the plane ride. But for some reason, I had a hard time purchasing online. I could sign to other deals, but it took me a while to search for the same one. It had taken a little time. Nevertheless, I liked the Grand Canyon West Rim, the Scenic Airplane Tour. The experience was really neat. We’re planning to go back someday, and when we go back, we're looking at those helicopters and get the three seats across the front to get a clear view. Also, we’re going to Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands this year. I’ll look that up and see if Tours4Fun have some tours.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I booked a tour last year from Tours4Fun. I looked at the detail and it matched what we were looking for. Our Upper Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Tour were really good. I really enjoyed it. The local guide was cool. But the guy that picked us up at the hotel, the one who’s driving us all day, did not give enough informative detail about when we’re gonna arrive at the destination or the destination detail. But it was not a bad experience.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 24, 2018

Do not book with them!!! It's a ripoff!!! First there were issues with booking my trip. Then they forgot to pick me up. I phoned the emergency number, a Chinese woman with bad English picks up. After half an hour she sends me to a different spot in the city to meet the tour guide. Turns out he was the guide for the WRONG tour! He sent me by Uber to meet a driver! No idea if it was the correct bus seeing as no one spoke ENGLISH!!! After that I was transferred to a different bus, with no lunch stops! I ate at 7 am and got to my location at 11.30 pm starving and in a bad mood! No guide to meet me, no confirmation what time the bus leaves the next morning! Can’t really call this a guided tour as you go from point A to B, that's a bus service! A tour has several stops and information. Here on this apparently All Chinese tour they just ask for money, money, money!

I contacted Tours4Fun and they say I can leave the tour but I won't get a refund or compensation!!! Come on. If you promote a tour as Chinese/English I expect them to be able to speak English!!! Also the tour I booked (information on their site) does not match the actual product. Pure LIES! Turns out Tours4Fun just wants your money, that's the only part of this tour that went smoothly, MY payment!!! They should so leave the FUN out of their company name. Nothing is fun about this crappy tour!!!

Tours4Fun response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are reaching out to the operator who ran the tour you took and we will have someone from our customer service team contact you to assist with a resolution as soon as possible.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Tours4Fun had the best advertisement, their website was easy to navigate, and everything went fine with them. We went to the Grand Canyon and the tour was good. The tour guide was knowledgeable, friendly, and patient.

Original review: March 13, 2018

One of my friends told me about the Tours4Fun website and we purchased a tour from them online. Their customer service was amazing. We went to the Upper Antelope Canyon last year and it was amazing. It was bumpy there and I really liked the four-wheeler vehicles we used. And we were with kids and senior citizens. We enjoyed a lot there and we love that place a lot. It was a good experience. Maybe next year, we will definitely go with my parents.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 12, 2018

I did online searches for Grand Canyon trip and I purchased a helicopter trip that would pick us up. But I might have misread it because on the day, it was just a bus pick-up. It would have been okay if the actual tour turned out fine but the bus that we got was horrible. So I would never use Tours4Fun again. What we went on was one of those Chinese tour buses. They were late itself with the pick-up in the morning and then they proceeded to hurry us onto the bus when we were trying to get in, even trying to push us to go get our seats. They wouldn’t even wait for us to sit down before they started moving the bus.

The schedule was tight and my elderly parents were having problems even just walking to the bus ‘cause they wouldn’t even stop to let us sit down. I told the actual tour lady but at times I couldn’t understand her ‘cause she was Chinese. It might work better for the Chinese people because I did not catch a lot of the explanations because of the thick accent. The bus eventually got us there, but the experience was terrible on the bus.

Different people would have different experiences depending on the tour bus that was chosen for them at that point and maybe we happened to get the wrong tour bus. For us, it was a waste of money. Tours4Fun should communicate to the people buying the ticket that the package is a Chinese tour bus and they may not to go in this because it may not be a fit for them. They need to be more open and honest about what to expect in terms of who’s going to picking up and what local tour guide that they would be using.

Tours4Fun response

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that your tour experience was not as you had expected. We will have one of our customer service representatives contact you for further assistance.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I just Googled tours and I looked at the different ones that seemed to have the best deal. I got Tours4Fun and it was really easy to navigate their website. Tours4Fun was okay for the price and what we were trying to get out of it. But I have a lot of trouble walking. I have a bad back. So I should have done something more to facilitate so I could've gone do a little more. I probably have to ask for that and I didn't ask anything. Or if there's a thing that would say that we have handicapped-accessible things that'll probably be good. But the bus driver was really a nice guy. The bus was clean and there were very nice people that were on the bus with us. We would probably look at them again if we go somewhere. Everything went real smooth.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I've been using Tours4Fun for four years already and I like it. My husband told me about it when we went to Cuba last year. However, that time we picked a one-to-one feature but they put us in a bigger bus. Also, when we went there, there was nobody to tell us what time they were going to come pick us up. So, we had to guess and nobody knew it at the counter in the hotel and their website. But the online purchase was very good. I talked to customer service last time 'cause we had an issue, and though they could not do anything, they seemed helpful and courteous. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: March 5, 2018

We were in a hurry to book something for the tour and my friend recommended Tours4Fun. We found the website all right so we went ahead and booked it. Our trip was scheduled for Saturday but our flight got delayed. We thought that we would not get our refund back or we won’t be able to reschedule, but that entire process went smoothly. We had to reschedule it to Sunday and people were available on call. They did all the work for us overnight. There was some $25 rescheduling fee per person. But we could actually go ahead and enjoy it, and the Grand Canyon west rim helicopter tour was a good experience.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 3, 2018

Our Upper Antelope Canyon experience was great but dealing with Tours4Fun was not so easy. It was through text message and the address they had was to an office that they weren't even at. It was like an office to a company that they've brokered for. Then when we got to the site, there was nobody there from Tours4Fun. It was like you buy the ticket but you’re on your own after that.

Tours4Fun response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As a travel agency, we do our best to ensure our customers are aware that we do not operate any of the tours we offer available by including this information in the "about us" and terms and conditions sections of our website. Your e tickets also included information on the tour operator and their contact numbers. We are currently exploring options on how to make this information more visible to our customers and will be sure to include these enhancements when we update our website.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Our bus tour for the Grand Canyon and Sedona was fantastic. Purchasing online at Tours4Fun was very intuitive. I had to create an account and then I purchased the ticket, then they sent it to me in my email. It all seemed pretty seamless. Also, the tour guide was knowledgeable. He had a good balance between information overload and allowing us to just take it all in. So, he spoke when he needed to and he was quiet when he needed to be.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I found Tours4Fun on the internet, and the online purchase went pretty smooth. We had a great trip where they took us around the city and then to Capilano and Stanley Park. I don’t have a bad experience with it, so I don’t think they can go wrong with.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

4 days of torture and torment. I paid a total of $470 (excluding tips or extra services ) for the tour. They don't even give you a bottle of water during the trip. Customer service was well below standards. Beware! They charge you fees and don't deliver. They charge you for a tour inside a castle but just give you an outside view. Almost %80 of fees and surcharges goes into their own pocket. That's the way they make money so greedily like the end of world is coming.

Tours4Fun response

We are sorry hear about your experience with your recent trip and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to email us at reviews@tours4fun.com with your reservation number so that we can look further into this for you.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Visiting from France this three day Los Angeles San Francisco tour seemed to be a interesting tour, but the tour started with a unfortunate highway landslide in Santa Barbara due to which this stop was cancelled which one can understand. Arriving at the Bird Rock the first day of the tour the bus broke down and needed a new battery, and all the passengers stayed stranded for four hours until the bus driver and the tour guide Weslee managed themselves to get a new battery as the company provided no assistance at all. Above all when the bus got fixed there was no excuse at all till the third day and of course no one had dinner or something to eat that day. At least the staff should have been trained to handle such situations. So because of this I would not recommend this company at all who has still not answered to my complaint for a partial refund as I paid a 50% extra fare being a single.

Tours4Fun response

We are sorry to hear that your experience on the tour was not as you had expected. Note that the single fare is higher than the double per person fare as a single traveler generally bares the entire cost of the rooms booked for tour accommodations. We will have someone from our customer service team contact you as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Tours4Fun was first to show up on the list when I did an internet search. I did an online purchase through them and it went smoothly. Then we had to change the dates of the trip and their representatives were very accommodating. Our trip to the Canyon was beautiful, as expected. It has been a positive experience and there's no reason not to use Tours4Fun again. I have also recommended them to other people who would want to see the Canyon.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I liked the tour offered at Tours4Fun. I went to the bike tour and had a great time. The tour guide was fantastic, and the equipment and routes were good. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I took the Mount Rainier Day Trip from Seattle through Tours4Fun. My wife found it on the computer. She liked the prices and she liked the ease of it. And we had a great time going to the trip. They didn't have a bus but they had like a personal SUV that held six people and it was really good. We enjoyed it. We also got points off our hotel. Tours4Fun is a great opportunity for people that want a vacation.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was satisfied with my Montreal underground city walking tour trip experience through Tours4Fun. It has been nice, fun, informative, and comfortable. Booking it online was easy and any issue I had was resolved. Also, the customer service team was efficient. I would recommend Tours4Fun because of the pricing and my experience with customer service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I went on a trip through Tours4Fun about a year ago. I found them online and they were less expensive than others. Purchasing from them was easy too. On our tour to the Grand Canyon, we got a flat tire so they sent another bus and then we had to fuse all of us into one van for the rest of the four hours. And then, I sat on my luggage. The driver was accommodating and he let one of us sit at the front because it was so uncomfortable.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I saw Tours4Fun online when we were planning our trip to Alaska and Vancouver. I liked what they offered as well as their pricing, and my online purchasing experience was efficient. Their website was easy to navigate. The tour in Vancouver was absolutely fabulous, and I considered it a good value. The tour guide was a native and very charming and very knowledgeable. He was fantastic. The tour was really worthwhile, and I would highly recommend it. In fact, I recommended it to someone who was going to Vancouver. I plan on using Tours4Fun to book my next trip.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Tours4Fun was the one that does what we wanted so I made my reservation. I got my confirmation number almost five months in advance so everything was all set. On our Yellowstone tour, the lady that was driving was new so although she was knowledgeable, she got herself lost. Our trip lasted a little longer but other than that, it was fine. It met my needs and it was well-informed. Also, they came right to my hotel and picked us up which was very beneficial. The whole tour was good.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

As a traveler, I'd tell others that Tours4Fun is a really good resource in order to explore other places. I was looking for tours in the Barcelona area and when I checked them, their rates were feasible for what my wife and I were looking to do. They also seemed to have the better tour options out of all the other places that I have seen and they were advertised as well, so they were the first thing that caught my attention. When I purchased the tours from them, I did it online, which wasn't difficult, then they sent me information so that I could print it out before I got there with well enough time. So, I took care of that at the hotel once I arrived and everything was smooth sailing.

My wife and I flew from New York to London where we spent a couple of days then we interacted with Tours4Fun when we flew from London to Barcelona. We did the three-country trip in a day and it ended up being the highlight of our trip. Our tour guide was very informative, very enthusiastic and charismatic, so we appreciated that. And getting to see Andorra and the mountains was my favorite part of the entire trip.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Our tour guide that was doing the trip for Tours4Fun was absolutely adorable. She was very friendly and it was my family of four and then there were two others on the trip. She was very engaging and just knew a lot of information about the area. At each stop that we had, when we interacted with other tour guides when we went down to the falls at Niagara, she gave the other tour guides candy. She was just adorable and she was very much worth every penny.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I made several phone calls before I purchased online because I had some questions. They answered all my questions and I liked the pricing and what was included in the package. I took two different tours with Tours4Fun. I did one to South America and another one to the West. We had done one trip on Monday and the other trip on Wednesday. The person on Monday was more knowledgeable than the one on Wednesday. The second guide also wasn't explanatory, but that could have been the language barrier.

Tours4Fun expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Tours4fun is a full-service travel agency, offering both brick-and-mortar and online customer service options.

• Best-price guarantee: Tours4fun guarantees clients will receive the lowest possible prices. Travelers that find a lower price within 72 hours of booking can get a credit or refund of the difference in price.

• Customer satisfaction: Customer service is available 24/7 through the Tours4fun website. The company has representatives who speak English, Mandarin and Spanish.

• Easy access: One-click service is available using the company's app or website to simplify booking a flight or hotel.

• Group bookings: Groups can use the Tours4fun web portal or app to arrange travel at the best possible price.

• Events and shows: Consumers can enjoy discounted events and shows while traveling to enhance the vacation experience.

• Best for: Tours4fun is best for experienced tourists or first-time travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs