4.9/5 (148 ratings)

About Zicasso

Zicasso Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicasso?

Original review: July 22, 2019

Wonderful experience working with this company for our trip to South Africa--they matched us with the perfect travel agent and services we needed to this a great family vacation! Payments were secure and easy.

Original review: July 22, 2019

We have used Zicasso twice to help plan special trips with wonderful results. The friendly and professional staff at Zicasso helped match us with travel experts in the countries we wanted to visit. Throughout the process of planning, setting up our trips and while travel, checked with us to ensure we were getting the highest level of services. We just completed a great trip to Ireland and Scotland. We plan on using Zicasso again.

Original review: July 17, 2019

A good friend used Zicasso last Fall to plan and direct a land trip with several friends thru multiple locations from Dubrovnik up the Croatian coast, ending in Venice. She was thrilled with the results Zicasso provided, and the trip, with all its handoffs to private local tour and private transportation guides, went off without a hitch. When I was planning a land trip this Spring, from Monaco and thru Provence, up the Rhone River to Lyon, I contacted Zicasso. I thought to myself, perhaps, these folks truly specialize in understanding their client, in providing a first-class trip and in managing, maintaining and supervising regional and local experts around the globe, to facilitate a vacation fully integrated with local culture. Yes, Zicasso does just that and does a superb job at it!

Our trip was absolutely fabulous, from Monaco (3 nights) to Aix en Provence (3 nights) to Valence (2 nights) to Lyon (2 nights), then back to the U.S., with private tour guides and a tailored itinerary all along the way, inclusive of private transportation to each location. All of our activities and transportation hand-offs were planned, in collaboration with Zicasso, and agreed upon well in advance. In the planning stages, our agents were greatly conscientious, sweet, highly professional and creative. We were grateful that this level of professional oversight extended to ground implementation, as well. Our local agent was in touch with us consistently throughout the trip to ensure that each day had gone as planned and to confirm the plans for the next day.

Very impressively, whenever we had a question or concern along the way, we communicated via text and/or WhatsApp, and our agent consistently responded immediately, even in the late evening. All of our local agents and designated French tour guides, were expert and highly articulate in the English language, a godsend because our own French, sadly, is lacking. The local tour guides were friendly, highly knowledgeable, and quite good company. In particular, the tour guides for the major segments of our trip were truly exceptional--Jerome for all 4 days in Monaco (tours of Monaco, Nice, St. Paul de Vence, Eze and Grasse); Pierre for the full day tour of the Ardeche Valley and the Chavet Caves; and Sebastian for the Beaujolais winery, Beaujolais regional tour and the Lyon silk makers district. We remember them fondly!

By far, the highlight of the trip for us was the visit to the Chauvet Caves--the 36,000 year old cave paintings just discovered in 1994, with public exhibit opened in 2005--and the trip thru the Ardeche Valley to get there was fabulous, as well. The Cave replica is perfect, vast and the paintings are stunningly beautiful and stirring to the soul. Our tour guide, Pierre was actually a spelunker, ardent about the Caves and the Ardeche. The Beaujolais wine country was gorgeous. The small towns so beautiful and charming. Our tour guide, Sebastian was from a winery family for several generations back and gave us a tour of his own winery and family village, which was just swell. We really felt we were seeing France, as the French see it.

The visit to Grasse and the exercise at Galimard in creating our perfume was actually great fun for us--i.e., two gals. The mosaic murals and sculpture in the Folon Chapel of St. Paul de Vence are a knock-out, a must see, absolutely beautiful. And, also, truly memorable, we had lunch on the veranda of the Rothschild Estate overlooking the expanse of the Saint Jean Cap Ferrat peninsula. We toured the Estate, beautiful to behold, and our lunch in such stunning surroundings was a joy. Needless to say, the local French cuisine was a joy throughout the trip! The Zicasso travel industry business model and execution are exceptional and, I think, unique to the industry, inclusive of managing an extensive array of highly professional local contacts for a memorable and fuss-free vacation on foreign soil. We will be using Zicasso for future trips.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Over the past 8 years we have used Zicasso to help us plan vacations in Europe and Australia/New Zealand. On each occasion we have been referred to an agency that has provided us with a very satisfactory itinerary and good hotel reservations, together with any necessary connections by car or ferry. Where we have included local guides in our plans they have all been English speaking, of course, and have been very knowledgeable about their areas. This year's tour of Romania, recently completed, has been the most comprehensive and has been most successful. We have been recommending Zicasso to many friends who have been talking of tours in other countries. We have been travelling, mostly in Europe, almost annually for the last 34 years.

Original review: July 16, 2019

My husband and I gifted our grandson a volunteer trip for his high school graduation. To assist us, I contacted Zicasso. This was our second trip planned with their assistance and both trips were fabulous experiences. I love having in country people make suggestions, arrange transportation and organize activities. We had the trip of a lifetime making memories with this young man and Zicasso made it all possible. The agency provides quick, efficient, competent assistance and we will definitely use them again.

Original review: July 16, 2019

We have used Zicasso for two trips in the past two years and were rewarded with the most fabulous trip service. Both trips, one to Croatia and one to Africa, provided wonderful accommodations, fantastic site visits, seamless transfers and knowledgeable and organized guides. Zicasso is by far the best travel company I have used - ever.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I was thoroughly pleased with Zicasso and have recommended them to others already. I was planning a trip to Italy/Greece and happened to come across their web service when I was researching my trip. This service matched me with very professional travel agents and their service kept in touch with me throughout the process to make sure that everything was going well. I knew where I wanted to go and what I wanted to spend - this service matched me with perfect travel agents to choose from and allowed me the flexibility that I wanted. Highly recommend!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Zicasso connected me with great travel agents in both Spain and Iceland. I could not have been happier with the service and with both trips. Highly recommend their service. I wish there was a comparable service for travel within the US.

Original review: July 10, 2019

My family wanted to take a trip to South Africa and Madagascar. The more research I did on my own the more overwhelmed I became. I found Zicasso during my searches and decided it couldn’t hurt to see what they could do for us. After giving some basic information on what we wanted to do I got 3 different proposals and from there was able to chose the absolute best itinerary! I would highly recommend using their service.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We were looking for an agency to help plan a trip to China. We were referred to Zicasso by friends and were so pleased with the agency referrals provided to us. I would definitely use them again for help with International travel.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have now used Zicasso for three international trips (Greece/Turkey, England/France and most recently Tanzania). Each trip was planned to perfection by travel experts who specialize in each particular country and can recommend the best itinerary to meet our needs for the trip. For our recent trip to Tanzania, our agent works with a safari guide who she knew would do an incredible job and who, in fact, surpassed all of our expectations. We did not need to worry about any logistics as he took care of everything as well as showing us the most incredible animals all while providing us with a sense of security as we knew we were in good hands. The local connections that the specialists who work with Zicasso can provide make the trip more authentic and special. I do not even think twice to go first to Zicasso's website before any international trip I am contemplating.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I stumbled across Zicasso while surfing the internet. Dumb luck, maybe -- but luck indeed. This agency is great! In addition to setting me up with two wonderful travel advisors, they were communicating with me throughout the entire process. I can't say enough about the difference it made to use Zicasso. I could never have achieved the perfect mother/daughter trip to Spain on my own and I have Zicasso to thank for all the wonderful memories made. Thanks, Zicasso! Five stars might not be enough!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

We typically plan our own travel, but decided to consult with an agency for a trip to Bavaria. Zicasso matched us with the perfect agency that delivered an incredible customized trip with many extras we didn’t even realize that we needed. I will consult with Zicasso first before any travel plans moving forward. Our guides, destinations, hotels and all transitions to each stop were perfect. We felt like special and well attended to! Germany and Austria were gorgeous. My son (17) is taking German and each guide engaged him in conversation and encouraged him along the way. We visited historic sites, beautiful cities and the countryside along the Alps. And I didn’t have the typical stress of logistics before or during the trip.

Original review: July 9, 2019

As a repeat customer of Zicasso, I was delighted to have another Europe travel adventure in Ireland where we played the best courses around the country and stayed at 4-5 star accommodation that provided a value that exceeded our expectations. The service Zicasso provides allowed us to experience a golf experience that was second to none. I will start planning our next adventure soon... always through Zicasso as the value and experience is second to none. Thanks to the team that made it come to life!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have wanted to visit the continent of Asia all my life. Because of time restraints, I was very specific about what I wanted to see. Zicasso was amazing at delivering my dream trip! I visited all my desired destinations such as the Great Wall, TerraCotta Warriors and an awesome experience as a volunteer at a panda preserve. My agent at Zicasso worked tirelessly to make arrangements that fit my needs. Everything was accomplished on time and with very happy, helpful guides. I will definitely use Zicasso in my future travels!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Zicasso matched with a fabulous local tour agency. Our travel planner was knowledgeable and responsive and she planned an amazing trip. The accommodations exceeded expectations and the in-country service was impeccable. We will definitely use Zicasso again for referrals for planning international trips. Not only was the service fabulous, but our trip was a great value, price-wise. Thanks, Zicasso!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Zicasso did a wonderful job for us... a group of 10. They were very responsive and intuitive about what we were looking for in our journey to Croatia and expertly guided us in the right direction. We will continue to consult with Zicasso for our international travel whether in a small or large group. They made planning so-o-o much easier!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have used Zicasso for my odyssey to Egypt and Jordan and was so pleased with the experience that I used them for my Zambian Safari and my upcoming trip to Iceland. Professional and incredible customer service sets them apart from other agencies. All these trips have been amazing!

Original review: July 6, 2019

When planning our trip abroad, I naturally started with the internet. I searched all the usual tour companies and just couldn't find what I wanted. Then I stumbled across the Zicasso website. Such a perfect idea! Instead of trying to provide tours themselves, they bring you together with small specialized travel companies. You describe your dream trip and they find agencies that can fill those needs. I'm so glad I found them and know I'll use them in the future!

Original review: July 5, 2019

I wanted to plan a trip for my family of nine to Italy. I needed a location in Tuscany with comfortable accommodation for the entire family for one week in a location that was close to Florence and the other attractions of Tuscany. Zicasso was very helpful in making all the necessary connections. We ended up staying at a beautiful villa in San Casciano a small town on the outskirts of Florence surrounded by olive groves and grape vines. Transportation and tours of the highlights of the area were arranged for us. We spent a day in Florence, another day in Sienna and Montepulciano and one more day doing wine tours. The other days were spent poolside at the villa or exploring the trails and shops in the little town. Everything went very smoothly and if I ever do another vacation I will begin my planning with Zicasso.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I was initially unclear that Zicasso was a recommendation portal. However, they responded quickly, and I received several offers for our trip to Africa, also quickly. We ultimately chose one and they were excellent. Zicasso seems to stay on top of what their folks are doing...all to the benefit of the customer!

Original review: July 3, 2019

My husband and I were interested in a taking a once in a lifetime trip to Africa to go on Safari. We only knew that the goal was to see the amazing animals and birds there. For locations and support, I had no idea where to begin given that it is a huge continent and the internet is filled with companies working to get your business. After receiving a huge quote and very little hand holding from the first company I contacted online, I stumbled on Zicasso and filled out their questionnaire as to what kind of trip we thought we'd like to take. Again, we only knew that we wanted to focus on seeing the animals and also that we didn't want to tackle too many locations since we didn't want to spend too many precious days off traveling. They paired us up with two lovely and small travel agents who were both clearly passionate about Africa and animals.

I really liked both company leads that I talked to, but one company stood out as the clear lead because they were the first to call and on that call, we just hit it off! I would say many destinations are hard to navigate as a busy person trying to plan a trip on their own, but Africa is definitely a whole separate challenge. We are very adventurous and have done our own thing many times before, but having trusted people help us plan a logistically challenging trip with 12 total flights and locations we knew nothing about allowed us to truly sit back and enjoy this experience. One final note, this will NOT be our only once in a lifetime trip to Africa! We were already talking about our return trip on the flight home and we would definitely use Zicasso and the travel company they paired us up with again!

Original review: July 2, 2019

We wanted to go to Italy for our honeymoon and I found them on the internet and filled out the information. In less than a day I was in contact with someone who lived in Italy. I knew what I wanted to do for our trip and after talking with them they gave us a few more ideas and stayed in our budget. The trip was so amazing...once in a lifetime. I would recommend Zicasso!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Happy to say that our experience with Zicasso was excellent. They matched us with two companies that were both very responsive for our recent trip to Vietnam. We had a lapse in communication with the company we actually preferred and our Zicasso rep helped get us back in touch. Was nice to know the company we booked with was verified by Zicasso, gave us some peace of mind from stories we’d read online!

Original review: July 1, 2019

We have been repeat customers of Zicasso as the firm has assisted us in planning a few international trips, including one to Paris and the South of France, and, most recently to Croatia. It is a superb service which provides access to local travel agents in country. This makes for a much richer experience with recommendations provided that are truly on point. We will continue to use this service for all of our international vacation planning.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I usually plan all our family travel vacations on my own but with a once in a lifetime trip to Australia, it was overwhelming to figure it all out. I stumbled across Zicasso while doing web searches, read some reviews and signed up. Within a couple of hours, I had received an e-mail from regarding my trip. The travel professional that contacted me had grown up in Australia and asked great questions about the type of experiences my husband and I would like to have, kinds of accommodations and particular sites we would like to see while in Australia. In addition, my teenage daughter would be joining us while in New Zealand, so we needed some experiences that would be for her too.

While I was worried about whether this was going to be the real thing with all that you keep hearing about online scams, I can tell you absolutely that Zicasso IS THE REAL THING! When I first read our trip planner, I was elated that our travel consultant had chosen all the things that we would like to do. There were very few changes made to our itinerary. Our trip was amazing and every experience was one I will remember! When people ask me what my favorite part of the trip was, I cannot tell them because every day was a wonderful adventure. We want to take a Safari at some time in the future and I will definitely be going through Zicasso to plan that trip!

Original review: July 1, 2019

Zicasso connected me with multiple travel agents that provided itinerary options that helped us to decide where we wanted to go and who we wanted to work with. Everyone was very professional. We had an exciting adventure in Africa with surprises every day. I wouldn't change a thing.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I used Zicasso to locate a viable travel agent that would have knowledge of my trip destination, Indonesia. The process was smooth and successful. In timely manner, after completing my trip information form, I heard from travel agencies and Zicasso was there along the entire process to ensure my needs were met. Being able to have one point of contact for me to explain the type of holiday I desired was so helpful. I informed Zicasso where I wanted to go, when I wanted to travel, what I wanted to do and how much I wanted to spend. Then they did the leg work of locating travel agents for me that were trusting and professional. I will be using Zicasso in the future to help with my other travel plans.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Zicasso and their partner travel planners helped to create our dream vacation to Italy. We couldn’t have been more impressed with the thoughtful planning before our trip, and how that translated to our effortless experience during our trip, with accommodations, trains, transfers, tours, etc. all provided for us with the greatest of care. Do not hesitate to travel with Zicasso for your best trip yet!

Original review: June 26, 2019

We’ve used Zicasso three times now to find travel agencies to help us plan separate trips to Japan, Australia, and Cuba. For each trip we’ve received up to three referrals to travel agencies. Each agency that we’ve worked with has been excellent and helped us plan terrific itineraries to the different countries. Zicasso is a very effective way to find reputable travel agencies quickly.

Zicasso Company Information