2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

Nom Nom also sells single-ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are great for your dog or cat. The fresh pet food company also offers Probiotics for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit to learn more about your pet’s gut bacteria and overall health.

Visit their website or contact them today to learn more about how Nom Nom’s fresh customized nutrition and companion wellness products will help your pet thrive!

Nom Nom Video
Nom Nom Gallery (4)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

PROS

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

CONS

• Can be pricey

Top Nom Nom Reviews We Found

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that Nom Nom is using fresh ingredients. When I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are.

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having trouble with. Nom Nom is everything everybody says on the reviews. It works great.

How does Nom Nom work?

Nom Nom is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on Nom Nom’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level. Nom Nom then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

Nom Nom ingredients

Nom Nom’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog food. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

Nom Nom offers a variety of recipe options for your dog or cat. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup, or get chicken or fish for your cat. All nutrients below are referenced in grams per 1,000 calories (g/kcal).

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 100 grams
  • Fat: 48 grams
  • Carbs: 71 grams
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 44 grams
  • Carbs: 96 grams
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CHOW
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 59 grams
  • Carbs: 59 grams
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORK POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 75 grams
  • Fat: 55 grams
  • Carbs: 78 grams

Cat food recipes

nomnomnow chicken chow meow
CHICKEN CUISINE
  • Ingredients: Chicken thigh, breast and liver, asparagus, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 163 grams
  • Protein: 141 grams
  • Fat: 51 grams
  • Carbs: 22 grams

Nom Nom price

Your pet's size determines the cost of Nom Nom’s service. We ran a few options through their online quiz and came up with an average price between $50 and $150 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 20% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total $39.62 for an eight-pound dog. The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. Nom Nom's website has a chat feature that allows you to speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every 2 weeks
8 pounds$49.95
40 pounds$84.95
70 pounds$124.22

Nom Nom FAQ

What other products does Nom Nom offer?
In addition to dog and cat meal plans, Nom Nom offers the following products for purchase on their website:
  • Nom Nom treats: Chicken and beef jerky treats are available starting at $13 for a two-ounce package.
  • Nom No, variety packs: Sample packs are available for dogs and cats. The Variety Pack for Dogs contains four 150g samples of each of their dog recipes and jerky treat samples. The Variety Pack for Cats contains three 90g samples of each cat recipe and a Flavor Flakes sample. Both variety packs are available for $15 each.
  • Nom Nom supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • Nom Nom microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issue. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $90.
Is Nom Nom raw?
No. Nom Nom is precooked.
Do you have to cook Nom Nom?
No. Nom Nom is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.
What is the Nom Nom nutrient mix?
Each of the four dog food recipes includes the NomNomNutrient Mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The nutrient mix consists of the following ingredients:
  • Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Taurine
  • Choline
How do I cancel my Nom Nom account?
The company has an online form used to cancel your account. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.
Has there ever been a Nom NomNow recall?
As of September 2019, Nom Nom has never been recalled.
Can I do a Nom Nom trial?
You can get a 20% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.
Is Nom Nom cat food available?
Yes. Nom Nom offers chicken and fish recipes for cats.

Do we recommend Nom Nom?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pet, we think Nom Nom is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your pet with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. Nom Nom is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have time to cook the meals themselves.

Nom Nom Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

My dog absolutely loves the food. My only concern is that in these last 2 shipments, there are some meals that appear to be about 1/2 the quantity of the majority. They are noticeably smaller, and probably occur in about 1 or 2 of every 14 that I defrost for the week. The weight of the packages is also completely different since I first thought that it might be just how the food was packaged. I'm attaching some pics so you can see what I am talking about. I included pics of the front so you can see which were affected in those that I defrosted yesterday. Sorry the pic quality isn't great - not sure what's going on with my phone! Thanks!

Hi Jim,

Thank you for reaching out about this. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re certainly sorry to know that you’ve had a recent delivery experience that isn’t up to our usual standards. We’re delighted your pup loves the meals and would love the opportunity to make this right for you. Our care team will be reaching out to you to assist. We look forward to resolving this for you.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

My french bulldog could eat anything and was perfectly healthy until he got pancreatitis at 10 years old. Then he couldn't eat anything without the runs. After thousands in vet bills and 10 different foods and antibiotics we found he could only eat homemade food by me. I cooked for him for 4 months: organic sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli and ground turkey. All was well but I leave for 2 months every Winter and knew I would not be able to freeze 2 months of food for my sister and ship her a freezer to store it in.

I started researching all the fresh mail-order dog foods and NNN had a recipe similar to what I was making him with their Chicken Chow Wow. Well, after a 2 week transition, the clouds parted and life is back to normal. He loves his NNN and stalks me in the AM and PM for his food, licks the bowl and the floor around it multiple times. He's acting like an 11 year old puppy. Customer service has been spot on. I'm so grateful for NNN and the price was less than I was spending making his food. Win win!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I cannot say enough about this company. I have a picky eater that over time has become pickier. She is going to be 10. But for the past 3 months she had gobbled up her Nom Nom dinners so quick. Her coat is healthier and her energy level is back. The Customer Service dept is fabulous, I needed half meals because the full meals were just too large for my little girl. The rep assisted greatly, didn't try to "sell" me on any thing my pup and I didn't need. Truly a great company. I would recommend this company to any of my friends and family. Any further pups I may get will definitely be started on Nom Nom a lot sooner. Wish they were around when I first brought Rhea home. But she will know great dinners for the remainder of her days. Thank you Nom Nom!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

It's pretty important that we provide our pets with fresh ingredients, so I researched the best freshest food for them. I have two cats on NomNomNow, both domestic shorthair, where one's a male and one's a three-year-old female. I've been feeding them NomNomNow for around five months and they like it. They eat it all up and it's a good sign. Initially, their coat looked a little bit softer, too. There were only two choices, though, Chicken Chow and Fish Feast, and my cats didn't like the Fish Feast. It looked very dry. So, I just went back to the chicken, which could improve a little bit too. There were times where my cats have thrown up the carrot pieces, like whole. It's kinda hard and they don't really digest those. And every single time, I cut up the chicken a little bit more because the chunks are too big for them to chew up and swallow.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

My chocolate lab absolutely LOVES your food! She’s finally eating! After trying kibble, freeze dried raw and wet foods, all she would ever get excited about was the food on my plate. Her bowl of dog food went many times untouched. I tried making her meals but realized that there are things a dog needs in their diet that I probably wasn’t providing. That’s why NomNomNow is so perfect for her! She is eating her entire bowl now, it smells like a home cooked meal when I warm it up and she thinks I’m sharing my food with her! She literally licks her empty bowl for every last morsel.

Her hot spots have disappeared, which I’ve read could be a sign of a better diet. Her coat is now silky smooth and the beautiful rich chocolate shade she had as a puppy. In just 3 months, NomNomNow meals have made an incredible difference! NomNomNow deliveries have always arrived right on time, and the support staff is always quick to respond whenever I’ve reached out to them. I am one very happy customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: June 22, 2020

I love Nom Nom for my dog! Great company. Great service. Two suggestions:

1) Plastic on the bottom of the packaging is too thin and often gets holes in it during transport causing leaking.

2) Whole ingredients are appealing to humans but not when we also find whole peas and carrots in our dogs poop. Please consider grinding up the food.

Go Nom Nom!

Original review: June 6, 2020

I was really looking forward to receiving my order of Nom Nom dog food. I had tried other brands, however, I thought my dogs might like this brand better.

According to Nom Nom, my order was shipped out on May 28th. I did not receive it until June 5th. First of all, when the courier handed me the box I immediately knew something was not right. It was not cold, not even cool to the touch. I opened the box and all the dry ice was gone and the food, that was supposed to be frozen was soft and warm. There was no way I was going to feed this to my dogs. I sent several emails to this company before I even got a response. When they did reply, it was more a letter on how dry ice works, and that there was nothing wrong with the food. I told them I wanted a refund, and asked what to do with the food. Still waiting to hear back about this. In the meantime, I have to throw this food away. Will never order from Nom Nom again.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I got this for my 9 year old Maltese. After a month her stools were still not firm and quite loose and she was licking her feet like crazy. However the main issue I had was that there are more potatoes and carrots in the products than meat. Hardly any meat. Portions in each package are very small too. I have tried Farmers dog and Ollie and so far Farmers dog was the best. Waiting for my pet plate to come in also but will not be using Nom Nom Now again.

Nom Nom response

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a not about your experience. We are normally are known for our fresh, nutritionally balanced meals. We hate that we missed the mark with you and your pup. Please feel free to reach out to us at care@nomnomnow.com. We would love to discuss your experience with you.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I have been subscribing to NomNomNow’s dog food delivery service since 2017, and I’ve seen the quality of their dog food decline drastically. Not only did they have recurring packaging mishaps over the years, the freshness of their food is also questionable. They sent me soured food so many times that my dog is now traumatized and skeptical of the food in her bowl. After trying to work closely with their customer service team to resolve the freshness issue, they simply tell me that the soured smell is due to the vinegar that they add into the dog food. I don’t remember vinegar being a part of their ingredient list, nor did I notice any sour smell in the food in the earlier years of my subscription. Either way, my dog won’t eat her food from NomNomNow anymore.

Nom Nom response

Hi Alisha. Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with us. We are typically known for our healthy, fresh meals. We hate that we have missed the mark with you and your pup recently. While our recipes have not changed, we do hand-mix all of our meals. That would explain a difference in smell that. you have encountered. Please feel free to reach out to us at care@nomnomnow.com. We would be happy to further discuss your experience and do our best to make you and your pup happy.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I have been feeding Nom Nom's Fish Feast and Chicken Cuisine since December 2019, and in my most recent order, my cat threw up the fish meal I gave her shortly after she ate it. Out of distrust for the food in the order sent to me, I threw away the rest of the food and went back to feeding my cat what I gave her before starting my Nom Nom subscription and she hasn't thrown up since. When I spoke with the representative on the phone about it to ask for a refund on my on my order, she only offered a partial refund (for the fish meals). I asked why and she went on to talk about how it may not have actually been the Nom Nom food that caused her throw up in the first place, and that it could have been environmental changes, which were ridiculous excuses because nothing has changed for my cat but her food. Very disappointed with how the issue was dealt with, and have canceled my subscription since.

Nom Nom Company Information