Get Started

2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

3.8/5 (53 ratings)

About Nom Nom

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

Pros

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

Cons

• Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

Top Nom Nom Reviews

Verified

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that Nom Nom is using fresh ingredients. When I look ...

Verified

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having tr...

How does Nom Nom work?

Nom Nom is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on Nom Nom’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level. Nom Nom then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

Nom Nom ingredients

Nom Nom’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog food. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

Nom Nom offers a variety of recipe options for your dog or cat. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup, or get chicken or fish for your cat. All nutrients below are referenced in grams per 1,000 calories (g/kcal).

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 100 grams
  • Fat: 48 grams
  • Carbs: 71 grams
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 44 grams
  • Carbs: 96 grams
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CUISINE
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 59 grams
  • Carbs: 59 grams
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORK POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 75 grams
  • Fat: 55 grams
  • Carbs: 78 grams

Cat food recipes

nomnomnow chicken chow meow
CHICKEN CUISINE
  • Ingredients: Chicken thigh, breast and liver, asparagus, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 163 grams
  • Fat: 42 grams
  • Carbs: 21 grams

Nom Nom price

Your pet's size determines the cost of Nom Nom’s service. We ran a few options through their online quiz and came up with an average price between $50 and $150 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 50% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total just under $25 for an 8-pound dog. The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. Nom Nom's website has a chat feature that allows you to speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every 2 weeks
8 pounds$49.95
40 pounds$84.95
70 pounds$124.22

Nom Nom FAQ

What other products does Nom Nom offer?
In addition to dog and cat meal plans, Nom Nom offers the following products for purchase on their website:
  • Nom Nom treats: Chicken and beef jerky treats are available starting at $13 for a two-ounce package.
  • Nom Nom variety packs: Sample packs are available for dogs. The Variety Pack for Dogs contains four 150g samples of each of the company's dog recipes and jerky treat samples. It is available for $15 without a subscription.
  • Nom Nom supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • Nom Nom microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issue. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $90.
Is Nom Nom raw?
No. Nom Nom is precooked.
Do you have to cook Nom Nom?
No. Nom Nom is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.
What is the Nom Nom Nutrient Mix?
Each of the four dog food recipes includes the Nutrient Mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The Nutrient Mix consists of the following ingredients:
  • Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Taurine
  • Choline
How do I cancel my Nom Nom account?
The company has an online form used to cancel your account. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.
Has there ever been a Nom Nom recall?
As of September 2019, Nom Nom has never been recalled.
Can I do a Nom Nom trial?
You can get a 50% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.
Is Nom Nom cat food available?
Yes. Nom Nom offers a chicken recipe for cats.

Do we recommend Nom Nom?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pet, we think Nom Nom is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your pet with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. Nom Nom is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have time to cook the meals themselves.

Nom Nom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We have two senior dogs, one a picky eater and one with healthy issues. After researching the benefits of fresh food over canned or dry, we tried another home-delivery service for pets but found it lacking in packaging, instructions and general appeal. We took advantage of the Nom Nom trial and it has been truly transformational for our dogs. The picky eater LOVES his food, and our senior with health issues has seen a noticeable improvement in coat luster, reduced itching and improved dental hygiene (dog breath will always be a little stinky, but now it doesn't plow me down!).

Nom Nom has been incredibly communicative on where we are in the delivery process and it is easy to change your order for either pet. They also provide a plethora of resources on a variety of dog topics. I also feel good knowing they have staff veterinarians working on formulations and improvements. I have only had the need to reach out to customer service once and they replied promptly and were so helpful! If you are thinking of fresh food for your pet, I highly recommend NomNom.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

My dog loves NOM NOM dog food. She is so excited when it is time to eat. She will sit patiently until I crack open the bag then it is whine time. She can't wait to eat. She is healthy and also looks more svelte since she is on this dog food. I had one problem with a late delivery during a very hot week during COVID. I called and told you that the food was off and you immediately sent me a new batch. I am very happy with this company.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

We started ordering from Nom Nom when our dog Jack started having digestive issues. He would vomit, have runny stools etc. I figured it had to be because of the food he was eating because the vet could not find anything wrong. His stomach just could not handle it anymore. I did some research and found Nom Nom offered more of what I wanted and was more reasonably priced. Jack also needed to lose a few pounds and the prepackaged portion sizes helped. I like that you can pick different recipes and can change at any time. Deliveries are on time and I love that the packaging is recyclable. Jack has lost the weight that he needs and has maintained. We will see how he does on his next vet visit.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Overall the experience has been exceptional. We have a very picky German shepherd and were so concerned when she just refused to eat, especially as a growing puppy. We tried everything, but she wouldn’t eat any of it, until we found NomNom. Both she and her brother love it, and gobble it up every day. Customer service has always been exceptional, one time we got our order torn open, half missing, and hot—spoke with customer service and they shipped out a new box ASAP and we were never without food. Food is high quality and both my dogs are happy and healthy! Highly recommend!

Original review: July 20, 2020

NomNom is one of the best products out there for healthy food for dogs. Since using this food, my dogs have lost excess weight. During their recent check-up, the vet noticed how different my dogs looked (coats were shiny and healthy) and they seemed happy and active (they are 9 and 10 year old dogs). I have one issue with the administrative process. I would like the option to move between scheduling once a month or every two weeks because of travel. Although they will ship to an alternate location, I do not want a whole month of food shipped to a location I am only going to be at for 10 days. Then I have to carry extra coolers with ice to prevent the remaining product from thawing out. Also I noticed lately some packs are not of equal portion size (overfilled or underfilled).

Finally, I've never found a food for my one picky eater until NomNom. She sits and waits by her bowl when I am preparing the food. In the past, I would have to coax her to the food bowl with bacon grease, peanut butter, etc.. I would love to see the addition of a fish product for dogs. My dogs love Salmon. Keep up the good work.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Food delivery. Sometimes it's a little more defrosted than I'd like and I feel that can sometimes that upsets my chihuahua's stomach. Then when I defrost it for his dinner it makes it very liquidy per se. He does enjoy Nom Nom though.

Original review: March 30, 2021

We have 5 dogs, been eating Nom Nom for past 2 years and loved it. A Month ago all 5 dogs stopped enjoying the food. We contacted Nom Nom and they claimed nothing changed. So we tried defrosting our back up food from December and all 5 dogs gobbled up food. Gave them new shipment of food and they turned away. This happened for 3 weeks and Nom Nom customer service continues to claim no changes, but our dogs know better. Funny, I know some in CA whose dog is doing the exact same thing. Now 6 dogs, 2 states - what’s going on at Nom Nom and why won’t they fix it?

Original review: March 20, 2021

Week by week the amount of meat is less and less and the sweet potato in the chicken and the rice in the Turkey is more. My dog is noticing and not wanting it anymore. The delivery is always a day later than promised, as well. Please don’t jip my dog of her meat. Thanks. Looking for other brands.

Original review: March 3, 2021

My dogs absolutely love the meals we get from Nom Nom. I feel great about giving them food that is healthy for them. The service provided by Nom Nom is top notch. I would highly recommend this product and service to anyone I know.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have had no problems with the food I receive except that the turkey has very little turkey in it, but my dogs like it and do eat it. I wish there were more than 4 choices, as my dogs have eaten so much of the chicken and turkey, that are really tired of it. They are loving the beef; haven't tried the pork.

Nom Nom Company Information