4.46/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NomNomNow is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Our fresh, made-to-order meals are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist, prepared using only human-grade ingredients, portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and delivered directly to your door. No fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products, and no measuring! NomNomNow also sells single ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are perfect for your dog or cat.

Now offering a Probiotics for Dogs for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit for Pets to learn more about their gut bacteria, NomNomNow strives to help pet parents understand their loved ones better. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about how NomNomNow’s fresh customized nutrition — and our companion wellness products — will help your pet thrive!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

211 NomNomNow Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 2, 2019

I've been purchasing NomNomNow for about five months. It was kind of a fluke. I got an ad through email from the AKC. I have a purebred Scottie who's registered through them. And so, I kinda took a look at NomNomNow's website from there, and it intrigued me. I also liked what I saw on their website and how they described the process of making their food and what goes in their food. My dog doesn't have any formulation preference because they give me the ability to choose a variety of all their flavors, and that's what I do. And since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge and she sees it. So, to me, that's the proof in the pudding. And I love the fact that NomNomNow is using fresh ingredients. And when I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are just visually looking at it. And also, it doesn't smell too bad.

Since feeding my dog NomNomNow, she's more active. Her eyes appear brighter and more alert. She's only three years old, so she's not old but it appears her coat feels smoother. Overall, she appears to be happier and look healthier. One of the other things I really like about NomNomNow is the fact that I get it mailed on a regular basis. I don't have to think about running out of food. That's a huge plus for me. We were feeding my dog Blue Buffalo, and the price point is not that much different, and it saves me not having to go to the store with my gas. So the little bump in price is almost nonexistent for me.

The only thing I could ask them to do is to have breed specifics. And I say that because I got a scottie. My dog's a little dog. Her health needs and concerns are different than a Saint Bernard. And so, a breed specific or maybe size specific food would be good. Scotties also tend to get bladder cancer, and we lost our first Scottie to cancer. So, food specifically geared towards that would also be good. I would recommend them to come up with a plan that's specific for targeting different health things.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was with a competitor of NomNomNow but my dog wasn't quite satisfied with the food. I was paying all this money and she still wasn't wanting to eat it. When I asked the company why, they told me I needed to put chicken broth with it and put hot water on top of it to make it more palatable. But that's what I was paying them for. So I thought I needed to find an alternative. Then I found NomNomNow on Instagram. I saw the ad and the food looked 10 million times better than what I was getting from the other company. I tried it and my pup absolutely loved it. She loves the chicken. It's like Chicken Chow something, the yellow one, and that's the only thing we've been using for her. Every time I put it down, it's gone in seconds. Something they should do though is add snack green beans to the chicken recipe. It would be their kryptonite for dogs. I actually do that for my pup. I'll top hers up with eight or 10 1/4-inch pieces, and she loves it.

NomNomNow is a little more expensive than the other company, and I had their premium level stuff too. But I don't have a problem with the price at all. If it were higher, then yeah, it would be. But it's great. My 8.6-pound chihuahua has done a lot better with NomNomNow. I haven't found one that fixes her allergies yet. She's got hair falling off of her neck and she sneezes a lot. She also rubs her eyes and her face. She's constantly irritated by allergies. She does it year-round too, which makes me sad. But there is also a lot I can attribute to NomNomNow. Before, her bowel movements were very irregular and there was a lot of waste. Now there's hardly any waste at all. Her poops are very minute.

I gotta really brush her teeth though and that's kind of a con. NomNomNow is soft food and I have to brush her teeth every day. But it's worth it. I tell people about them all the time. My pup is a year and a half now, going on two years in October. She's a tricolor with short hair and she's very active. She's still got the K9 figure that they're supposed to have. She's got the dip past her rib cage in her belly then her hips still dips in the back. I really paid close attention to that to make sure that she has that going on.

Original review: April 9, 2019

There was an offer through an earning site called Swagbucks. I have been hearing that a raw food diet is better for cats and for dogs as well, so I thought I'd give NomNomNow a try for my cat. She is about 11 years old and I've had her for a couple of years. She is a high strung kitty. She is a tuxedo kitty and she's got a beautiful, thick fur coat. She's a short hair and what I've noticed since she has started this diet is she has been much happier and her coat is very sleek and really lovely. She is very adamant about getting her feedings twice a day like she is supposed to, and she gets them because I don't wanna be on her wrong side, and it seems to be working very well for her. When I'm out of town, I have to leave people to supplement with a bit of dry food as well, but for the most part, she is completely on the NomNom diet.

Initially, I chose the fish only and my cat was all for it. It was interesting because I've tried to give her fish and other things before, but she just turned her nose up and wouldn't eat them. She loves NomNomNow. She could have mixed one, so I also got the chicken one and I alternate that -- chicken once a day, fish once a day -- but she has something else to eat every day. Initially, she turned her nose up at the chicken and it took her a little while to eat it. She has started eating it, but it isn't really necessary for her to have that diverse of a diet. It is also more expensive to have the mixed delivery rather than just the single, so I may go back to just doing the fish for her.

My cat seems to be very happy with NomNomNow. She is still skittish, but she seems like a happier kitty and she really wants to go after I feed her. She wants to go back outside and get back on her little perch and be the watch cat that she is for our back porch. Also, I have noticed the significant difference in her coat. She has gotten a little healthier and a little rounder looking with the diet. I also noticed that she is more playful now, so I am happy to see that change in behavior for her.

I am very happy with the product. They are on the little pouches and I just empty it out and rinse them out and throw the plastic in recycling. It is a really easy thing to do. My kitty seems to take to it very well, so it has been a positive experience overall. There is no small amount of ribbing that I am receiving not only from family members, but other people about it. It is a Cadillac diet. I am now feeding my cat for a price because it is definitely more than what I spent on cat food in the past, but I figured it is worth it for her and it really helps her overall well-being. It is a win-win for everybody. I've had cats in the past who developed kidney problems from being exclusively on a dry food diet.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We have two rescues. One dog will be turning 13 while the other will be three in May. We realized very early on that our dogs only get their source of nutrition and supplements from us. We figured that if that's the case, we need to find the best we can. We went with various companies. We tried other food that was delivered to us before. I came across NomNomNow on the internet and gave them a try. They have more like people food. The food's fresh too. Our dogs like it and it's good for them. It was a win-win situation. We've been with the company since 2017.

Our dogs have been very healthy since using NomNomNow products and I don't think we'll change in the near future. We have to really watch some of the ingredients that are in the products. We tried things like their pork and beef. The beef doesn't settle well with our dogs' stomachs and it's hard to digest for them. We tried the chicken and turkey too. The turkey worked out really well and our dogs like it. They're really happy. We lost our first Westie when he was around 13. He had diabetes. That's why we're trying our hardest to find something that will keep our dogs with us for longer.

We had a Shih Tzu before our Westie. Our vet said the Science Diet was the way to go and that we had to do it. But I was in tears. I can't remember the dry dog food that I took to our vet to show her the difference between Science Diet and this other one which was a healthier thing. You could smell and see the difference. When we got our last Westie, I said there was no way Science Diet was gonna pass through his lips. I would not feed a dog that stuff. Our older dog is more susceptible to allergies but that goes along with the Westie. That's in the genes and it's not in what they eat. But since we've been feeding him NomNomNow, he's been a lot healthier in his later years.

NomNomNow comes to us frozen. We put it in our freezer then I put it in the refrigerator a few days. We pack it up by eight packages. By the time we're out of the one and put another one in, it's thawed out enough. It's just more convenient too. To my information, it smells better than the regular dry dog food. You could eat it I imagine because it has people food in there. You can see the carrots and eggs in it. You know what are in the products from looking at it. It's not like something that is totally ground up together in a mush that is then dried. It also has dog vitamins.

NomNomNow is a little bit more expensive, but I figure that the fewer times we have to go to vets, that also means that they're more comfortable in their life. And when they go to the bathroom, they don't have to excrete everything that they ate either. That's telling me that our dogs are using what they're eating. Their bodies are able to absorb the food and use the nutrition there.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Our dog is a rescue dog from Puerto Rico. He's 11 pounds and he's a mixed breed. I had a sick dog before that had seizures and had a pacemaker. When we got this rescue dog, I wanted to give him the best start possible. So if he gets sick, it'd be because he's genetically disposed to that genetic sickness and not food related. I worked with a veterinarian who was also a diplomat in vet nutrition in Gainesville and he helped me come up with a home cooked menu for our dog. We wanted to feed our dog human-grade dog food and NomNomNow was something that was as close to what I would cook myself based on his instructions. I went with Farmer's Table first but he couldn't tolerate the food. I also went with Freshpet and a couple of different other brands but NomNomNow is the only one that he would eat.

So far, our experience with NomNomNow has been great but there have been times when the food didn't meet the standard. It might've been a little old, there might've been a power failure, or there might've been a problem with shipping, but there had been a small handful of incidences where the food wasn't good and my dog had side effects. But their customer service reps went above and beyond and worked with us. So, even though things haven't been perfect, the way they handled any kind of objection was perfect. Going with NomNomNow has been the best decision I could make without cooking the food myself and I just hope to God that it's the best choice we're making for our dog.

NomNomNow response

We apologize for any inconsistency you have experienced with the meals. Your pup's health and happiness is our number one priority—so it does not sit well with us to know that we fell short in providing your pup high quality meals on a consistent basis. Please know, we appreciate your feedback and will certainly bring it back to our kitchen team to ensure better quality control. Thank you for your continuing support! We enjoying having you and your furry one in the NomNomNow family! :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Good food. Sometimes she doesn't eat and I have to throw it away. Too many carrots in the chicken. My dog eats around them. For the most part she likes the food. I got the sample pack and she seemed to like the pork and turkey. Will order next.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 24, 2019

I decided to try this fresh/frozen food after I received info from a Vets ofc about these new pet meal options, not as an endorsement, but general info about the different brands. I thought NomNomNow came with decent reviews, so I chose this company as first choice. Bad Idea. While the food smells fresh, and my Dog seemed to like it, the second order of the Chicken Food was a bad choice.

I first noticed gristle and fat in every package, what was suppose to be chicken was brown and did not look that good. About 3 weeks after having the Chicken meals, my dog started having eye drainage and anal problems. I took her to the Vet, stopped the food, and got meds for what seemed like allergy issues. I also tried to change the meal she would get in her 3rd order, and attempted to do that, but their website had problems. After 4 attempts, on different devices, I received an email that another round of the Chicken meal would arrive the next day.

I tried to get them to stop the full shipment process and send back to the company, due to what was website failure. Their customer service at this point was horrible. They did not believe that the Chicken contained the inedible pieces of fat and gristle that I had to throw out in every pack. I threw some packs away as my dog would not eat the food anymore. I guess she knew it made her sick. They even told me to take pictures for them, but refused to send me a proper container to send the food back for them to look at the problem.

They then told me gristle and fat were digestible. Apparently not if my dog's anal glands were blocked. The first time in 6 years any of those problems plagued her. I asked if they had pictures of their facility, they said No! I asked where it was located, I suddenly regretted that I did not check thoroughly enough. My food was made in TN, they said... but I still have no address to search the location on google maps for TN. They also make it in CA.

I got the address of 371 3rd St, Oakland CA... Map Google it for yourself and ask if yourself if you would want your Dog’s Food made in that building. I have another Vet visit coming up. The bad has outweighed any good even trying this food has caused. I feel very guilty for not asking more questions, because my dog is still having the problems after 3 weeks. Do your Research, please.

NomNomNow response

Hi B. We are very sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with us. We are known for our quality, fresh meals and for our customer service. We hate to hear that we have fallen short on both accounts with you. Please feel free to reach out to us at care@nomnomnow.com. Any of our customer experience managers would be happy to discuss the issues you have faced with you. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Original review: July 20, 2019

This product is the best! My foster fail would not eat his meals regularly and had chronic diarrhea. Since switching to NomNomNow, not only does he chow down his dinner but his stool has formed and firmed. I could not be happier! The reps are also very nice and super helpful!

Original review: July 16, 2019

This is my first few days of NomNomNow for my two cats and I'm very concerned as there's not enough chicken. I've even dug through a package to see if maybe some chicken is simply minced really small compared to a couple noticeable chunks of chicken. For the past few days, my guys eat the 3 or 4 chicken bits they find, and leaving the cantaloupe and veggies untouched.

So now I have to feed them protein after their NomNomNow. I spoke with a representative (very nice) today that asked that I email them pictures for the next week of the food portions. (Egads) I'll not be feeding my guys this for the next week -- it's not healthy enough. Indeed, I will feed them NomNomNow for the next couple of days, email photos, and hopefully find that I received a badly proportioned batch of food and can get a revised, properly portioned set of meals resent. I love the idea and convenience of NonNomNow, but this is seriously not enough meat.

NomNomNow response

Hi DJ, thank you for the feedback. We are very sorry about the experience you have had with our meals. We’re normally known for our nutritionally balanced recipes, and we regret that we missed the mark in this situation. We are glad to learn that you reached out to our Customer Experience team and that you had a good experience with us in that regard. We look forward to resolving this matter for you. Thank you.

Original review: July 13, 2019

We started with our little dog. He has only been on it for 2 months. We have a vet appointment at the end of the year to determine if this is a good choice. It is appealing looking in ways. We are happy to not go to the store to buy food.

NomNomNow expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

NomNomNow is a fresh pet food company and home delivery service founded in 2015 in the San Francisco Bay Area by Alex Jarrel, Zach Phillips and Nate Phillips. NomNomNow operates under the guidance of veterinarian Dr. Justin Shmalberg, a leading expert on dog nutrition, and offers pre-portioned, fresh food tailored to an individual dog or cats’ specific nutritional needs.

• Availability: NomNomNow offers delivery to the 48 contiguous states.

• Fresh food without the prep work: Pet food is cooked in NomNomNow’s facility using fresh restaurant quality ingredients. Each meal is delivered in a sealed, pre-portioned bag ready to be served or frozen.

• Individually formulated for your pet: NomNomNow customers are asked to fill out a pet profile that outlines the age, weight, health concerns and activity level of their pet. The profile is used to select the best formula and caloric intake for each pet’s individual needs with more detailed nutrition consultations also available.

• Options: NomNomNow offers dog food (beef, turkey, chicken, pork, egg & veggie), dog treats (human grade chicken or beef jerky) and cat food (fish, chicken).

• NomNomNow cost: Depending on the size of your pet, pricing for small dogs and cats starts around $30/week.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

NomNomNow Company Information