2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

Nom Nom also sells single-ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are great for your dog or cat. The fresh pet food company also offers Probiotics for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit to learn more about your pet’s gut bacteria and overall health.

Visit their website or contact them today to learn more about how Nom Nom’s fresh customized nutrition and companion wellness products will help your pet thrive!

Nom Nom Video
Nom Nom Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

PROS

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

CONS

• Can be pricey

Top Nom Nom Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that Nom Nom is using fresh ingredients. When I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are.

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having trouble with. Nom Nom is everything everybody says on the reviews. It works great.

How does Nom Nom work?

Nom Nom is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on Nom Nom’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level. Nom Nom then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

Nom Nom ingredients

Nom Nom’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog food. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

Nom Nom offers a variety of recipe options for your dog or cat. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup, or get chicken or fish for your cat. All nutrients below are referenced in grams per 1,000 calories (g/kcal).

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 100 grams
  • Fat: 48 grams
  • Carbs: 71 grams
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 44 grams
  • Carbs: 96 grams
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CHOW
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 59 grams
  • Carbs: 59 grams
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORK POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 75 grams
  • Fat: 55 grams
  • Carbs: 78 grams

Cat food recipes

nomnomnow chicken chow meow
CHICKEN CUISINE
  • Ingredients: Chicken thigh, breast and liver, asparagus, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 163 grams
  • Protein: 141 grams
  • Fat: 51 grams
  • Carbs: 22 grams

Nom Nom price

Your pet's size determines the cost of Nom Nom’s service. We ran a few options through their online quiz and came up with an average price between $50 and $150 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 20% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total $39.62 for an eight-pound dog. The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. Nom Nom's website has a chat feature that allows you to speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every 2 weeks
8 pounds$49.95
40 pounds$84.95
70 pounds$124.22

Nom Nom FAQ

What other products does Nom Nom offer?
In addition to dog and cat meal plans, Nom Nom offers the following products for purchase on their website:
  • Nom Nom treats: Chicken and beef jerky treats are available starting at $13 for a two-ounce package.
  • Nom No, variety packs: Sample packs are available for dogs and cats. The Variety Pack for Dogs contains four 150g samples of each of their dog recipes and jerky treat samples. The Variety Pack for Cats contains three 90g samples of each cat recipe and a Flavor Flakes sample. Both variety packs are available for $15 each.
  • Nom Nom supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • Nom Nom microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issue. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $90.
Is Nom Nom raw?
No. Nom Nom is precooked.
Do you have to cook Nom Nom?
No. Nom Nom is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.
What is the Nom Nom nutrient mix?
Each of the four dog food recipes includes the NomNomNutrient Mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The nutrient mix consists of the following ingredients:
  • Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Taurine
  • Choline
How do I cancel my Nom Nom account?
The company has an online form used to cancel your account. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.
Has there ever been a Nom NomNow recall?
As of September 2019, Nom Nom has never been recalled.
Can I do a Nom Nom trial?
You can get a 20% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.
Is Nom Nom cat food available?
Yes. Nom Nom offers chicken and fish recipes for cats.

Do we recommend Nom Nom?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pet, we think Nom Nom is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your pet with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. Nom Nom is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have time to cook the meals themselves.

Nom Nom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: July 27, 2020

Overall the experience has been exceptional. We have a very picky German shepherd and were so concerned when she just refused to eat, especially as a growing puppy. We tried everything, but she wouldn’t eat any of it, until we found NomNom. Both she and her brother love it, and gobble it up every day. Customer service has always been exceptional, one time we got our order torn open, half missing, and hot—spoke with customer service and they shipped out a new box ASAP and we were never without food. Food is high quality and both my dogs are happy and healthy! Highly recommend!

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2020

NomNom is one of the best products out there for healthy food for dogs. Since using this food, my dogs have lost excess weight. During their recent check-up, the vet noticed how different my dogs looked (coats were shiny and healthy) and they seemed happy and active (they are 9 and 10 year old dogs). I have one issue with the administrative process. I would like the option to move between scheduling once a month or every two weeks because of travel. Although they will ship to an alternate location, I do not want a whole month of food shipped to a location I am only going to be at for 10 days. Then I have to carry extra coolers with ice to prevent the remaining product from thawing out. Also I noticed lately some packs are not of equal portion size (overfilled or underfilled).

Finally, I've never found a food for my one picky eater until NomNom. She sits and waits by her bowl when I am preparing the food. In the past, I would have to coax her to the food bowl with bacon grease, peanut butter, etc.. I would love to see the addition of a fish product for dogs. My dogs love Salmon. Keep up the good work.

Original review: March 21, 2020

We decided to try NomNomNow after researching the leading fresh dog food companies. First we tried the variety pack. Our dog preferred the turkey, so that's what we settled on for our on-going orders. Our dog is 9 years old, has always been fed kibble and was never excited about eating. That has all changed with NomNomNow. Now she's excited at meal time, reminds us if we're late feeding her, and literally gobbles her food and licks the bowl. Everything that was suggested as a positive result of their fresh food has proven to be true. In addition, the communications with the staff are useful and just the right amount (not intrusive or excessive).

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

My dog absolutely loves the food. My only concern is that in these last 2 shipments, there are some meals that appear to be about 1/2 the quantity of the majority. They are noticeably smaller, and probably occur in about 1 or 2 of every 14 that I defrost for the week. The weight of the packages is also completely different since I first thought that it might be just how the food was packaged. I'm attaching some pics so you can see what I am talking about. I included pics of the front so you can see which were affected in those that I defrosted yesterday. Sorry the pic quality isn't great - not sure what's going on with my phone! Thanks!

Nom Nom response

Hi Jim,

Thank you for reaching out about this. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re certainly sorry to know that you’ve had a recent delivery experience that isn’t up to our usual standards. We’re delighted your pup loves the meals and would love the opportunity to make this right for you. Our care team will be reaching out to you to assist. We look forward to resolving this for you.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

My french bulldog could eat anything and was perfectly healthy until he got pancreatitis at 10 years old. Then he couldn't eat anything without the runs. After thousands in vet bills and 10 different foods and antibiotics we found he could only eat homemade food by me. I cooked for him for 4 months: organic sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli and ground turkey. All was well but I leave for 2 months every Winter and knew I would not be able to freeze 2 months of food for my sister and ship her a freezer to store it in.

I started researching all the fresh mail-order dog foods and NNN had a recipe similar to what I was making him with their Chicken Chow Wow. Well, after a 2 week transition, the clouds parted and life is back to normal. He loves his NNN and stalks me in the AM and PM for his food, licks the bowl and the floor around it multiple times. He's acting like an 11 year old puppy. Customer service has been spot on. I'm so grateful for NNN and the price was less than I was spending making his food. Win win!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I just canceled our subscription and it's a shame. Our dog really liked the food. We canceled because of inconsistencies with the weight of several food packs; basically not getting the amount of food we pay for. Each food pack is supposed to be 200 grams. We have to split the pack in half for each meal. I noticed that several food packs weighed less than 200 grams, some as low as 130 grams. I did outreach customer service several times, they were hard to get on the phone. I text twice and finally received a call back. The customer service rep apologized and explained they did have machines calibrated recently. I explained the issue and the customer service rep made up for it by giving us an extra week's worth of food as well as an approximately $20 credit.

After that call, we received two more monthly shipments that still had several food packs weighing less than 200 grams. I really wanted Nom Nom to work out since the food seemed to be more appealing than other fresh food brands out there, but we can't justify paying for this product when they cannot provide us the correct amount of food.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I have not been able to reach Nom Nom by telephone for specific questions. Also, there is no way on the website to delay an order--only a way to skip one. That does not work well for us. We do love the food.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

The last two shipments were sent to a wrong address. I had notified you after the first time but it happened again in the most delivery. This is not acceptable and I hope it won't happen again. Thank you very much.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Great food, positive all around customer experience. My pup's food arrives completely frozen and on time, every time. He loves his meals and I love the convenience. I have had other online fresh dog food meals delivered from other companies, but the consistency was not acceptable. I recommend Nom Nom for your 4 legged family members!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

My dog absolutely loves this food. We were having trouble getting her to eat for the longest time and now she gets so excited for each meal. Never had any issues with shipping or food going bad either, would definitely recommend!

Nom Nom Company Information