2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
Accredited Partner

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

Nom Nom also sells single-ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are great for your dog or cat. The fresh pet food company also offers Probiotics for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit to learn more about your pet’s gut bacteria and overall health.

Visit their website or contact them today to learn more about how Nom Nom’s fresh customized nutrition and companion wellness products will help your pet thrive!

Nom Nom Video
Nom Nom Gallery (4)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

PROS

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

CONS

• Can be pricey

Top Nom Nom Reviews

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that Nom Nom is using fresh ingredients. When I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are.

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having trouble with. Nom Nom is everything everybody says on the reviews. It works great.

How does Nom Nom work?

Nom Nom is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on Nom Nom’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level. Nom Nom then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

Nom Nom ingredients

Nom Nom’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog food. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

Nom Nom offers a variety of recipe options for your dog or cat. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup, or get chicken or fish for your cat. All nutrients below are referenced in grams per 1,000 calories (g/kcal).

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
HEARTLAND BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 100 grams
  • Fat: 48 grams
  • Carbs: 71 grams
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TASTY TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 44 grams
  • Carbs: 96 grams
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CHOW-WOW
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 59 grams
  • Carbs: 59 grams
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORKALICIOUS POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 75 grams
  • Fat: 55 grams
  • Carbs: 78 grams

Cat food recipes

nomnomnow chicken chow meow
CHICKEN CHOW-MEOW
  • Ingredients: Chicken thigh, breast and liver, asparagus, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 163 grams
  • Protein: 141 grams
  • Fat: 51 grams
  • Carbs: 22 grams

Nom Nom price

Your pet's size determines the cost of Nom Nom’s service. We ran a few options through their online quiz and came up with an average price between $50 and $150 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 20% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total $39.62 for an eight-pound dog. The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. Nom Nom's website has a chat feature that allows you to speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every 2 weeks
8 pounds$49.95
40 pounds$84.95
70 pounds$124.22

Nom Nom FAQ

What other products does Nom Nom offer?
In addition to dog and cat meal plans, Nom Nom offers the following products for purchase on their website:
  • Nom Nom treats: Chicken and beef jerky treats are available starting at $13 for a two-ounce package. The company also sells Flavor Flakes, a seasoning you can sprinkle on your dog’s food. Nom Nom recommends using the seasoning for picky eaters and to help your pet transition to a new diet.
  • Nom No, variety packs: Sample packs are available for dogs and cats. The Variety Pack for Dogs contains four 150g samples of each of their dog recipes and jerky treat samples. The Variety Pack for Cats contains three 90g samples of each cat recipe and a Flavor Flakes sample. Both variety packs are available for $15 each.
  • Nom Nom supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • Nom Nom microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issue. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $59.
Is Nom Nom raw?
No. Nom Nom is precooked.
Do you have to cook Nom Nom?
No. Nom Nom is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.
What is the Nom Nom nutrient mix?
Each of the four dog food recipes includes the NomNomNutrient Mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The nutrient mix consists of the following ingredients:
  • Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Taurine
  • Choline
How do I cancel my Nom Nom account?
The company has an online form used to cancel your account. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.
Has there ever been a Nom NomNow recall?
As of September 2019, Nom Nom has never been recalled.
Can I do a Nom Nom trial?
You can get a 20% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.
Is Nom Nom cat food available?
Yes. Nom Nom offers chicken and fish recipes for cats.

Do we recommend Nom Nom?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pet, we think Nom Nom is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your pet with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. Nom Nom is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have time to cook the meals themselves.

Nom Nom Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 2, 2019

I've been purchasing NomNomNow for about five months. It was kind of a fluke. I got an ad through email from the AKC. I have a purebred Scottie who's registered through them. And so, I kinda took a look at NomNomNow's website from there, and it intrigued me. I also liked what I saw on their website and how they described the process of making their food and what goes in their food. My dog doesn't have any formulation preference because they give me the ability to choose a variety of all their flavors, and that's what I do. And since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge and she sees it. So, to me, that's the proof in the pudding. And I love the fact that NomNomNow is using fresh ingredients. And when I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are just visually looking at it. And also, it doesn't smell too bad.

Since feeding my dog NomNomNow, she's more active. Her eyes appear brighter and more alert. She's only three years old, so she's not old but it appears her coat feels smoother. Overall, she appears to be happier and look healthier. One of the other things I really like about NomNomNow is the fact that I get it mailed on a regular basis. I don't have to think about running out of food. That's a huge plus for me. We were feeding my dog Blue Buffalo, and the price point is not that much different, and it saves me not having to go to the store with my gas. So the little bump in price is almost nonexistent for me.

The only thing I could ask them to do is to have breed specifics. And I say that because I got a scottie. My dog's a little dog. Her health needs and concerns are different than a Saint Bernard. And so, a breed specific or maybe size specific food would be good. Scotties also tend to get bladder cancer, and we lost our first Scottie to cancer. So, food specifically geared towards that would also be good. I would recommend them to come up with a plan that's specific for targeting different health things.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have a small luxury dog boarding kennel and one of my clients had a dog who had chronic diarrhea all the time. As soon as she switched to NomNomNow and after the dog got used to the food, the diarrhea went away. It was amazing, so I looked into it and then I got it for my dogs. My dog has lymphoma and the oncologist said no more kibble because kibble is full of carbs and sugar which speed cancer, so I started cooking for him. Then, I have a 12-year-old Boxer, and I might as well cook for both of them. It was more expensive than me switching to NomNomNow. My Boxer used to be a chronic poop eater when she was on kibble. Since I switched to cooking or now NomNomNow, she does not eat poop anymore. So, it was like they weren’t getting what they needed.

The dogs’ coats look better. I was able to cut down all the added supplements that I was putting in my dog with cancer’s food because I was adding so much stuff to make what I was cooking how it should be. It was all included in that, so it was cheaper for me to go with this food. Feeding my pets natural ingredients is very valuable and my pit bull is going on a year in remission from lymphoma. I used to have to always tell my boxer to eat her food because otherwise, the pit bull would eat it. Now, they can’t wait to eat. I don’t ever have to say, “Eat your food.” She’s waiting there, like, “Let’s go, feed me.” They absolutely love it. I even like the way it’s packaged. I’ve already recommended NomNomNow to people.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was with a competitor of NomNomNow but my dog wasn't quite satisfied with the food. I was paying all this money and she still wasn't wanting to eat it. When I asked the company why, they told me I needed to put chicken broth with it and put hot water on top of it to make it more palatable. But that's what I was paying them for. So I thought I needed to find an alternative. Then I found NomNomNow on Instagram. I saw the ad and the food looked 10 million times better than what I was getting from the other company. I tried it and my pup absolutely loved it. She loves the chicken. It's like Chicken Chow something, the yellow one, and that's the only thing we've been using for her. Every time I put it down, it's gone in seconds. Something they should do though is add snack green beans to the chicken recipe. It would be their kryptonite for dogs. I actually do that for my pup. I'll top hers up with eight or 10 1/4-inch pieces, and she loves it.

NomNomNow is a little more expensive than the other company, and I had their premium level stuff too. But I don't have a problem with the price at all. If it were higher, then yeah, it would be. But it's great. My 8.6-pound chihuahua has done a lot better with NomNomNow. I haven't found one that fixes her allergies yet. She's got hair falling off of her neck and she sneezes a lot. She also rubs her eyes and her face. She's constantly irritated by allergies. She does it year-round too, which makes me sad. But there is also a lot I can attribute to NomNomNow. Before, her bowel movements were very irregular and there was a lot of waste. Now there's hardly any waste at all. Her poops are very minute.

I gotta really brush her teeth though and that's kind of a con. NomNomNow is soft food and I have to brush her teeth every day. But it's worth it. I tell people about them all the time. My pup is a year and a half now, going on two years in October. She's a tricolor with short hair and she's very active. She's still got the K9 figure that they're supposed to have. She's got the dip past her rib cage in her belly then her hips still dips in the back. I really paid close attention to that to make sure that she has that going on.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My dog was on hard, dry and grain-free food. She was gaining weight on that and she needed to lose weight. I started her with Freshpet, but didn’t like some of the ingredients in there. I did some more research online and there was NomNomNow. Their website is really good. They asked what kind of meal plan and weight goals I liked for the dog, then they generated the set up for her.

When I first started, she was 70 pounds. I stated that her ideal weight would be 55 pounds but the first round of stuff they sent me was too much that my dog ended up gaining weight. I called them and they reduced that packet by 10%. But that still was too much. There will be the third shipment today and I’m hoping they’ve gotten it down where I told them. I’ve been feeding her one and a half packets, so down to two packets a day should be good. And she has trimmed down a little bit. I noticed that she’s not real thrilled with the Porkalicious variety but that’s my emergency backup and that’s what I’m on this week. She’s still eating it but it's not her favorite. But all others are okay.

Other than that, I know that every dog has its own set up, but NomNomNow just have a generic package list of ingredients which doesn’t tell me exactly how many calories my dog is specifically getting. It would be nice if they could do better with their labeling of each packet because when I sent my first packet to my vet and she told me it was way too much. Also, the packaging is a little difficult to pull open because I’m older and I have a little bit of arthritis. So, I just cut them open and that’s fine. But I’d rather have it sealed than make it easy-open and lose all the contents.

Original review: April 9, 2019

There was an offer through an earning site called Swagbucks. I have been hearing that a raw food diet is better for cats and for dogs as well, so I thought I'd give NomNomNow a try for my cat. She is about 11 years old and I've had her for a couple of years. She is a high strung kitty. She is a tuxedo kitty and she's got a beautiful, thick fur coat. She's a short hair and what I've noticed since she has started this diet is she has been much happier and her coat is very sleek and really lovely. She is very adamant about getting her feedings twice a day like she is supposed to, and she gets them because I don't wanna be on her wrong side, and it seems to be working very well for her. When I'm out of town, I have to leave people to supplement with a bit of dry food as well, but for the most part, she is completely on the NomNom diet.

Initially, I chose the fish only and my cat was all for it. It was interesting because I've tried to give her fish and other things before, but she just turned her nose up and wouldn't eat them. She loves NomNomNow. She could have mixed one, so I also got the chicken one and I alternate that -- chicken once a day, fish once a day -- but she has something else to eat every day. Initially, she turned her nose up at the chicken and it took her a little while to eat it. She has started eating it, but it isn't really necessary for her to have that diverse of a diet. It is also more expensive to have the mixed delivery rather than just the single, so I may go back to just doing the fish for her.

My cat seems to be very happy with NomNomNow. She is still skittish, but she seems like a happier kitty and she really wants to go after I feed her. She wants to go back outside and get back on her little perch and be the watch cat that she is for our back porch. Also, I have noticed the significant difference in her coat. She has gotten a little healthier and a little rounder looking with the diet. I also noticed that she is more playful now, so I am happy to see that change in behavior for her.

I am very happy with the product. They are on the little pouches and I just empty it out and rinse them out and throw the plastic in recycling. It is a really easy thing to do. My kitty seems to take to it very well, so it has been a positive experience overall. There is no small amount of ribbing that I am receiving not only from family members, but other people about it. It is a Cadillac diet. I am now feeding my cat for a price because it is definitely more than what I spent on cat food in the past, but I figured it is worth it for her and it really helps her overall well-being. It is a win-win for everybody. I've had cats in the past who developed kidney problems from being exclusively on a dry food diet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: March 21, 2020

We decided to try NomNomNow after researching the leading fresh dog food companies. First we tried the variety pack. Our dog preferred the turkey, so that's what we settled on for our on-going orders. Our dog is 9 years old, has always been fed kibble and was never excited about eating. That has all changed with NomNomNow. Now she's excited at meal time, reminds us if we're late feeding her, and literally gobbles her food and licks the bowl. Everything that was suggested as a positive result of their fresh food has proven to be true. In addition, the communications with the staff are useful and just the right amount (not intrusive or excessive).

Original review: March 21, 2020

My Baby Simba Loves his new food!!!! Mommy loves the convenient packaging and the portion size. He is full of energy, dances when it’s feeding time, and he enjoys feeding time. Mommy will have a healthier baby, and a happy doggie!!!!

Original review: March 21, 2020

Was not happy when the company withdrew money after I put a hold on the account causing my account to overdraft. My dogs liked the food but I was not happy with the service. Then no effort to make it right. Just continuing to try and sell me.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been feeding Nom Nom to my mini schnauzer for about 6 months. He really likes the food, he like texture in his food, not loaf or pate style food. The order process is easy to do & the food arrives quickly, already frozen, so I simply put into my freezer and take food out as needed. I would recommend this pet food to anyone who cares what their dog eats on a daily basis.

Original review: March 20, 2020

This is my second order of Nom Nom dog food and the good news Is that Chocolate adores it. She wolfs it down in record time (I mix a cup of her dry dog food with it). She has put on a little weight since we moved to Nom Nom, which was one of my goals. The only small issue I have is that I’m on a fixed income; it’s convenient but pricey.

Nom Nom Company Information