2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

NomNomNow is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

NomNomNow also sells single-ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are great for your dog or cat. The fresh pet food company also offers Probiotics for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit to learn more about your pet’s gut bacteria and overall health.

Visit their website or contact them today to learn more about how NomNomNow’s fresh customized nutrition and companion wellness products will help your pet thrive!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (4)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

NomNomNow offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

PROS

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

CONS

• Can be pricey

Top NomNomNow Reviews

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that NomNomNow is using fresh ingredients. When I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are.

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having trouble with. NomNomNow is everything everybody says on the reviews. It works great.

How does NomNomNow work?

NomNomNow is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on NomNomNow’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level. NomNomNow then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

NomNomNow ingredients

NomNomNow’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog food. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

NomNomNow offers a variety of recipe options for your dog or cat. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup, or get chicken or fish for your cat. All nutrients below are referenced in grams per 1,000 calories (g/kcal).

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
HEARTLAND BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 100 grams
  • Fat: 48 grams
  • Carbs: 71 grams
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TASTY TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 44 grams
  • Carbs: 96 grams
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CHOW-WOW
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 59 grams
  • Carbs: 59 grams
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORKALICIOUS POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 75 grams
  • Fat: 55 grams
  • Carbs: 78 grams

Cat food recipes

nomnomnow chicken chow meow
CHICKEN CHOW-MEOW
  • Ingredients: Chicken thigh, breast and liver, asparagus, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 163 grams
  • Protein: 141 grams
  • Fat: 51 grams
  • Carbs: 22 grams

NomNomNow price

Your pet's size determines the cost of NomNomNow’s service. We ran a few options through their online quiz and came up with an average price between $50 and $150 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 20% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total $39.62 for an eight-pound dog. The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. NomNomNow's website has a chat feature that allows you to speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every 2 weeks
8 pounds$49.95
40 pounds$84.95
70 pounds$124.22

NomNomNow FAQ

What other products does NomNomNow offer?
In addition to dog and cat meal plans, NomNomNow offers the following products for purchase on their website:
  • NomNomNow treats: Chicken and beef jerky treats are available starting at $13 for a two-ounce package. The company also sells Flavor Flakes, a seasoning you can sprinkle on your dog’s food. NomNomNow recommends using the seasoning for picky eaters and to help your pet transition to a new diet.
  • NomNomNow variety packs: Sample packs are available for dogs and cats. The Variety Pack for Dogs contains four 150g samples of each of their dog recipes and jerky treat samples. The Variety Pack for Cats contains three 90g samples of each cat recipe and a Flavor Flakes sample. Both variety packs are available for $15 each.
  • NomNomNow supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • NomNomNow microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issue. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $59.
Is NomNomNow raw?
No. NomNomNow is precooked.
Do you have to cook NomNomNow?
No. NomNomNow is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.
What is the NomNomNow nutrient mix?
Each of the four dog food recipes includes the NomNomNutrient Mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The nutrient mix consists of the following ingredients:
  • Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Taurine
  • Choline
How do I cancel my NomNomNow account?
The company has an online form used to cancel your account. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.
Has there ever been a NomNomNow recall?
As of September 2019, NomNomNow has never been recalled.
Can I do a NomNomNow trial?
You can get a 20% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.
Is NomNomNow cat food available?
Yes. NomNomNow offers chicken and fish recipes for cats.

Do we recommend NomNomNow?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pet, we think NomNomNow is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your pet with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. NomNomNow is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have time to cook the meals themselves.

NomNomNow Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 2, 2019

I've been purchasing NomNomNow for about five months. It was kind of a fluke. I got an ad through email from the AKC. I have a purebred Scottie who's registered through them. And so, I kinda took a look at NomNomNow's website from there, and it intrigued me. I also liked what I saw on their website and how they described the process of making their food and what goes in their food. My dog doesn't have any formulation preference because they give me the ability to choose a variety of all their flavors, and that's what I do. And since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge and she sees it. So, to me, that's the proof in the pudding. And I love the fact that NomNomNow is using fresh ingredients. And when I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are just visually looking at it. And also, it doesn't smell too bad.

Since feeding my dog NomNomNow, she's more active. Her eyes appear brighter and more alert. She's only three years old, so she's not old but it appears her coat feels smoother. Overall, she appears to be happier and look healthier. One of the other things I really like about NomNomNow is the fact that I get it mailed on a regular basis. I don't have to think about running out of food. That's a huge plus for me. We were feeding my dog Blue Buffalo, and the price point is not that much different, and it saves me not having to go to the store with my gas. So the little bump in price is almost nonexistent for me.

The only thing I could ask them to do is to have breed specifics. And I say that because I got a scottie. My dog's a little dog. Her health needs and concerns are different than a Saint Bernard. And so, a breed specific or maybe size specific food would be good. Scotties also tend to get bladder cancer, and we lost our first Scottie to cancer. So, food specifically geared towards that would also be good. I would recommend them to come up with a plan that's specific for targeting different health things.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was with a competitor of NomNomNow but my dog wasn't quite satisfied with the food. I was paying all this money and she still wasn't wanting to eat it. When I asked the company why, they told me I needed to put chicken broth with it and put hot water on top of it to make it more palatable. But that's what I was paying them for. So I thought I needed to find an alternative. Then I found NomNomNow on Instagram. I saw the ad and the food looked 10 million times better than what I was getting from the other company. I tried it and my pup absolutely loved it. She loves the chicken. It's like Chicken Chow something, the yellow one, and that's the only thing we've been using for her. Every time I put it down, it's gone in seconds. Something they should do though is add snack green beans to the chicken recipe. It would be their kryptonite for dogs. I actually do that for my pup. I'll top hers up with eight or 10 1/4-inch pieces, and she loves it.

NomNomNow is a little more expensive than the other company, and I had their premium level stuff too. But I don't have a problem with the price at all. If it were higher, then yeah, it would be. But it's great. My 8.6-pound chihuahua has done a lot better with NomNomNow. I haven't found one that fixes her allergies yet. She's got hair falling off of her neck and she sneezes a lot. She also rubs her eyes and her face. She's constantly irritated by allergies. She does it year-round too, which makes me sad. But there is also a lot I can attribute to NomNomNow. Before, her bowel movements were very irregular and there was a lot of waste. Now there's hardly any waste at all. Her poops are very minute.

I gotta really brush her teeth though and that's kind of a con. NomNomNow is soft food and I have to brush her teeth every day. But it's worth it. I tell people about them all the time. My pup is a year and a half now, going on two years in October. She's a tricolor with short hair and she's very active. She's still got the K9 figure that they're supposed to have. She's got the dip past her rib cage in her belly then her hips still dips in the back. I really paid close attention to that to make sure that she has that going on.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My dog was on hard, dry and grain-free food. She was gaining weight on that and she needed to lose weight. I started her with Freshpet, but didn’t like some of the ingredients in there. I did some more research online and there was NomNomNow. Their website is really good. They asked what kind of meal plan and weight goals I liked for the dog, then they generated the set up for her.

When I first started, she was 70 pounds. I stated that her ideal weight would be 55 pounds but the first round of stuff they sent me was too much that my dog ended up gaining weight. I called them and they reduced that packet by 10%. But that still was too much. There will be the third shipment today and I’m hoping they’ve gotten it down where I told them. I’ve been feeding her one and a half packets, so down to two packets a day should be good. And she has trimmed down a little bit. I noticed that she’s not real thrilled with the Porkalicious variety but that’s my emergency backup and that’s what I’m on this week. She’s still eating it but it's not her favorite. But all others are okay.

Other than that, I know that every dog has its own set up, but NomNomNow just have a generic package list of ingredients which doesn’t tell me exactly how many calories my dog is specifically getting. It would be nice if they could do better with their labeling of each packet because when I sent my first packet to my vet and she told me it was way too much. Also, the packaging is a little difficult to pull open because I’m older and I have a little bit of arthritis. So, I just cut them open and that’s fine. But I’d rather have it sealed than make it easy-open and lose all the contents.

Original review: April 9, 2019

There was an offer through an earning site called Swagbucks. I have been hearing that a raw food diet is better for cats and for dogs as well, so I thought I'd give NomNomNow a try for my cat. She is about 11 years old and I've had her for a couple of years. She is a high strung kitty. She is a tuxedo kitty and she's got a beautiful, thick fur coat. She's a short hair and what I've noticed since she has started this diet is she has been much happier and her coat is very sleek and really lovely. She is very adamant about getting her feedings twice a day like she is supposed to, and she gets them because I don't wanna be on her wrong side, and it seems to be working very well for her. When I'm out of town, I have to leave people to supplement with a bit of dry food as well, but for the most part, she is completely on the NomNom diet.

Initially, I chose the fish only and my cat was all for it. It was interesting because I've tried to give her fish and other things before, but she just turned her nose up and wouldn't eat them. She loves NomNomNow. She could have mixed one, so I also got the chicken one and I alternate that -- chicken once a day, fish once a day -- but she has something else to eat every day. Initially, she turned her nose up at the chicken and it took her a little while to eat it. She has started eating it, but it isn't really necessary for her to have that diverse of a diet. It is also more expensive to have the mixed delivery rather than just the single, so I may go back to just doing the fish for her.

My cat seems to be very happy with NomNomNow. She is still skittish, but she seems like a happier kitty and she really wants to go after I feed her. She wants to go back outside and get back on her little perch and be the watch cat that she is for our back porch. Also, I have noticed the significant difference in her coat. She has gotten a little healthier and a little rounder looking with the diet. I also noticed that she is more playful now, so I am happy to see that change in behavior for her.

I am very happy with the product. They are on the little pouches and I just empty it out and rinse them out and throw the plastic in recycling. It is a really easy thing to do. My kitty seems to take to it very well, so it has been a positive experience overall. There is no small amount of ribbing that I am receiving not only from family members, but other people about it. It is a Cadillac diet. I am now feeding my cat for a price because it is definitely more than what I spent on cat food in the past, but I figured it is worth it for her and it really helps her overall well-being. It is a win-win for everybody. I've had cats in the past who developed kidney problems from being exclusively on a dry food diet.

Original review: March 2, 2019

My Labradoodle is about to be nine months old now and she was never too fond of kibble. She also had some gastro problems going on, so we had to choose a very specific kind of kibble for her. I was always looking for solutions to figure something out so that she might eat well. I was exploring the human-grade food option and I came across NomNomNow's website, and then read through the reviews. And what appealed to me the most was that their packaging was per meal. So, it's hassle-free.

The first time I bought the food, it seemed that my pup was hungry and looking for more food towards the day. And then, I reached out to customer service to see what I can do to get more food that is more filling for her. I contacted them a second time about one kind of food that was less and it turned out that it was intentional. The turkey food is more caloric compared to the other foods. I've been buying this food for exactly two months now and my pup definitely likes it much, much better. I've never had her finish her food before she moved on to NomNomNow. And this food, she finishes it all. She's waiting for it. The bad thing, though, is the smell that comes from her mouth. She definitely smells more because of fresh food. The other thing is, because she's eating vegetables, her poop has remains of carrots and peas. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it's sometimes alarming to see something red in the poop. And then, you're like, "No, that's fine."

I usually ask for two weeks’ worth of food but last time, I asked for a month's worth and I felt that their dry ice wasn't enough. The top layer of the food was completely thawed, and that's about 14 packets, because the dry ice was at the bottom. I think they resolved that and they're gonna put the dry ice on the top instead. And tomorrow, I'm gonna receive my first delivery since that change. I would definitely recommend NomNomNow to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I had had to throw out some of Ginger's food when delivered at time due to it not being cold, and the color of food was dramatically different than what it usually is, and the packets were not airtight, Ginger would not eat it... I have had to throw away the whole packet of chicken or sometimes pork.. that’s my only concern!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

When I began buying NomNomNow for my dog, customer service was personal and accommodating. The food arrived with frozen packages of equivalent size. They were tightly banded together with plastic bands by category of food. I've just received my third order. It was sloppily packaged with the felt interior cooler scrunched down with food on top. The packages were not frozen and barely cool to the touch. The bands had slid off the package groupings and were in among the mess. I was able to salvage about half of the order - the rest will be waste because my dog won't be able to eat it all before it spoils.

With the second order, I noticed that there was a significant variation in the weight of the packages. Some were much smaller than others. I knew that they were inconsistent. With this third order, I contacted customer service. Twice. Both times I was told (cheerfully) not to worry. Their food is not frozen and is meant to arrive cool to the touch. No explanation as to why I received such a mess. No offer to replace the food which I will not be able to use. Pleasantly reminded me if I had more "questions" I could feel free to contact them. I felt I was receiving a canned response.

Just not I wrote to them a third time, requesting the founder's contact information. Alex Jarrell. From all that I have read, this company was started with a lot of hard work and wonderful customer service. I feel that she and her partners will want to know what I'm dealing with. I think you can expect your first order to be perfect, arrive cold, banded, and with consistent sizes. After that, don't expect future orders to be of the same quality packaging. Also, expect that you will not receive the full amount of food since weight of packages vary. I suspect you will get nowhere with customer service. Should they actually make this right, I'll post an update. That's only fair.

NomNomNow response

Hi Marilyn, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re sorry to hear that your most recent delivery was not as expected. Normally we’re known for our delicious fresh meals and excellent service, so we’re sorry to hear that we may have fallen short. We’ve tried to reach out multiple times but were, unfortunately, unable to connect. We’d love the opportunity to make this right, so please reach out to us directly at care@nomnomnow.com.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

My french bulldog could eat anything and was perfectly healthy until he got pancreatitis at 10 years old. Then he couldn't eat anything without the runs. After thousands in vet bills and 10 different foods and antibiotics we found he could only eat homemade food by me. I cooked for him for 4 months: organic sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli and ground turkey. All was well but I leave for 2 months every Winter and knew I would not be able to freeze 2 months of food for my sister and ship her a freezer to store it in.

I started researching all the fresh mail-order dog foods and NNN had a recipe similar to what I was making him with their Chicken Chow Wow. Well, after a 2 week transition, the clouds parted and life is back to normal. He loves his NNN and stalks me in the AM and PM for his food, licks the bowl and the floor around it multiple times. He's acting like an 11 year old puppy. Customer service has been spot on. I'm so grateful for NNN and the price was less than I was spending making his food. Win win!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I have received open packages more than once. I want to cancel next order and I may be forced to purchase food my pets won't eat. Both my dogs ended up sick. I hope I am not forced to take last order.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Cat food is good but quality control & customer service lacking. I had high hopes that NomNomNow would provide good, natural, fresh food for my two kitties. The first delivery was a day late and was not entirely cold, it had sat in the sun by my front door; I contacted customer service when I opened a package and thought it had a funny smell, I was told it was the cantaloupe that smelled strange. OK, cats seemed to do fine with the food. I spent a month transitioning them to the new food. The next delivery, I started noticing that some of the packages seemed smaller than others, so I started weighing them. I was supposed to be getting 70 gm net, but out of two dozen packets only 3 actually had 70 gm or more of food, some of the others had as little as 52 gms. I contacted customer service and began a back-and-forth email chain, asking for a description of their quality control program for ensuring that the weight on the package is actually what is being sent.

I continued to weigh the packets, and they consistently were underweight. Customer service sent lots of email hugs to my cats but refused to tell me about their quality control process, would not confirm if the packages were filled by hand or machine or if there were any packages that were weighed to ensure they were being filled correctly. I was told it was proprietary information. A few more emails and I gave up. I continue to weigh the packages, and today I opened one that was more than 20 gm underweight for what I am supposed to be getting. It irks me that I am not getting what I am paying for, and the company does not seem concerned. I think the food is good, and the packaging is easy to store and open, and my cats seem healthy and energetic. I am continuing to subscribe while I search for another option; there are more options for dogs than for cats. I may end up making my own food for them.

Also, they package in insulated cardboard boxes with inadequate supply of dry ice and use FedEx which is very inconsistent with its deliveries to me (FedEx is their delivery partner so there is no option to use another service or so I am told, and I don't know what to say about the dry ice that never seems to last until my box is delivered). So, I took off 3 stars for silly customer service responses to my requests, apparent lack of quality control for ensuring correct weights in the packets, and inadequate delivery process. I think the quality of the food is good and the packets are easy and convenient, but I recommend that if you go with Nomnomnow that you weigh the contents to make sure you are getting what you pay for.

NomNomNow Company Information