Call toll free
4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NomNomNow is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Our fresh, made-to-order meals are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist, prepared using only human-grade ingredients, portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and delivered directly to your door. No fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products, and no measuring! NomNomNow also sells single ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are perfect for your dog or cat.

Now offering a Probiotics for Dogs for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit for Pets to learn more about their gut bacteria, NomNomNow strives to help pet parents understand their loved ones better. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about how NomNomNow’s fresh customized nutrition — and our companion wellness products — will help your pet thrive!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

160 NomNomNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 23, 2019

A good friend's dogs are on the NomNomNow dog food and he talked about how they had been improving. I have a 13-year old Golden Toydoodle, and I wanna do the best for him as well. We've been purchasing NomNomNow dog food for probably two months, and we are rotating his formulation every couple weeks. They did the beef to start with and then I asked them for the chicken. Now, he has gone back to beef. Feeding my pet natural ingredients is very valuable, although quite expensive. With the NomNomNow food, his coat is beautiful and he has a little more energy.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I have two small mixed breeds, a Maltipoo and a Yorkipoo, and my father was decided for NomNomNow. My dogs are very finicky and they went through it quickly. Although, I cancelled my subscription because my dogs stopped eating it (happens with almost every food I buy), my experience with NomNomNow was excellent.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My cat was having issues with store-bought pet food brands and so I decided to try NomNomNow. It's been a little less than two months since we started but my cat already seems to have more energy now.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I looked at the different pet food brands and tried two brands. I decided to use NomNomNow because their food isn't as mushed up as some of the other ones. I've been feeding my 14-year old miniature Schnauzer with it for a month and a half now and he has been eating the other food too. He seems to be going good. I would recommend NomNomNow. I'm in the process of trying all their food types. I've tried the beef and the chicken, then I'm gonna try the turkey and the pork next time.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've purchased NomNomNow for three months and they were great. They got healthy options for my dog, and I like that they disclosed all the ingredients used. They use human-grade ingredients. It was easy to use, and they have website information for the vet. However, I stopped with them last week because of the cost. I cannot afford $300 a month for dog food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: April 9, 2019

There was an offer through an earning site called Swagbucks. I have been hearing that a raw food diet is better for cats and for dogs as well, so I thought I'd give NomNomNow a try for my cat. She is about 11 years old and I've had her for a couple of years. She is a high strung kitty. She is a tuxedo kitty and she's got a beautiful, thick fur coat. She's a short hair and what I've noticed since she has started this diet is she has been much happier and her coat is very sleek and really lovely. She is very adamant about getting her feedings twice a day like she is supposed to, and she gets them because I don't wanna be on her wrong side, and it seems to be working very well for her. When I'm out of town, I have to leave people to supplement with a bit of dry food as well, but for the most part, she is completely on the NomNom diet.

Initially, I chose the fish only and my cat was all for it. It was interesting because I've tried to give her fish and other things before, but she just turned her nose up and wouldn't eat them. She loves NomNomNow. She could have mixed one, so I also got the chicken one and I alternate that -- chicken once a day, fish once a day -- but she has something else to eat every day. Initially, she turned her nose up at the chicken and it took her a little while to eat it. She has started eating it, but it isn't really necessary for her to have that diverse of a diet. It is also more expensive to have the mixed delivery rather than just the single, so I may go back to just doing the fish for her.

My cat seems to be very happy with NomNomNow. She is still skittish, but she seems like a happier kitty and she really wants to go after I feed her. She wants to go back outside and get back on her little perch and be the watch cat that she is for our back porch. Also, I have noticed the significant difference in her coat. She has gotten a little healthier and a little rounder looking with the diet. I also noticed that she is more playful now, so I am happy to see that change in behavior for her.

I am very happy with the product. They are on the little pouches and I just empty it out and rinse them out and throw the plastic in recycling. It is a really easy thing to do. My kitty seems to take to it very well, so it has been a positive experience overall. There is no small amount of ribbing that I am receiving not only from family members, but other people about it. It is a Cadillac diet. I am now feeding my cat for a price because it is definitely more than what I spent on cat food in the past, but I figured it is worth it for her and it really helps her overall well-being. It is a win-win for everybody. I've had cats in the past who developed kidney problems from being exclusively on a dry food diet.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have been using NomNomNow for a couple of months now and it has been great. They have very good customer service. The quality of the food I have received has also been very good and I love its packaging. At first, however, it was really hard to feed the food to my terrier. I had to mix it with other food. She doesn't like the turkey variety and unfortunately, I got a ton of that the first time so I'm still trying to finish it. Things seem to be getting better though but I'm still trying different flavors to see which one is the best for us.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My dog has a lot of skin problems and allergies. I tried every dog food out there but NomNomNow's food is homemade cooked and has great reviews. I've been purchasing from NomNomNow for two months now. It is very valuable to feed my dog with natural ingredients. He has a lot of problems since we got him and I’m not having much success with my vet. So, I’m trying to do things without medication for my dog. NomNomNow is great and so is their pet food. I’m very happy with them.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have two sheltered cats and I've been using NomNomNow for six months now. Over other pet foods, it's the one thing on the internet that I could find that has the ingredients that I was looking for. My experience with them has been good and we recommend them.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have two Labradors and I needed to change one of my dogs' diet from raw to gentle cooked. At the time, NomNomNow was one of the only companies I could find that was offering it. I've been purchasing them for a year now and they've been helpful in doing portion adjustments. My experience with them has been great. They have been responsive whenever I've had questions or issues. They've made some mistakes, but they've also corrected those and reimbursed me for them.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have two dogs, one is a Chow-Lab mix and the other is a Corgi mix. I wanted them to have something fresh, and I looked under consumer reviews and NomNomNow was highly recommended. I'm rotating the turkey, the pork, the chicken and the beef so my dogs get a variety. NomNomNow sends it to me frozen, which I appreciate because in Phoenix, it gets very hot and you don’t want something sitting out very long. You can also skip a date if you’re travelling, which I do sometimes, and you can go to half portion or order every week or every two weeks.

My corgi is real finicky, and so sometimes she loves it and sometimes she doesn’t. But my Lab mix loves it so I’m real happy. Plus it’s human-grade which makes me feel better about it. Sometimes I open canned dog food and I wanna throw up. It’s disgusting and you don’t know what’s in it. With NomNomNow, my dogs seemed like they had a lot more energy at first, and now they’re doing well.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My Yorkie is super-picky and I have to alternate his food because he gets tired. As soon as I put the plate down, whenever he hasn't had a certain food in a while, he devours it but then, he gets sick of it easily. I tried the NomNomNow chicken and he didn't like it but he devours the Hearty beef flavor, so I went with that. Although I didn’t notice the shiny coat that I was told that I would notice, he doesn’t have a problem on his coat. His poop is better and he got skinnier. He was a little overweight and I was able to control his weight with NomNomNow. Their customer service is amazing. I told them about my dog being so finicky and they sent me the flavor flakes. They weren't for sale at the time and they sent me a small ziplock bag to try for free. They told me to sprinkle it on the food. They went above and beyond.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I’ve been using NomNomNow for three and a half months now. Our dog somehow was allergic to the batch of turkey that we got and we replaced it with beef. Then, I tried to put my account on hold but I had a bunch of billing issues. Also, a shipment was sent to me that was not supposed to be sent. It was a disaster and it was totally unprofessional. No one ever picks up the phone.

One of my major complaints is two of our friends have a better price than we do. As a retailer, you're only as good as your price, to a degree and if I have two people that have the exact same product that are paying 20% less than me, that doesn’t make me happy. It really put a bad taste in my mouth. When I called NomNomNow to discuss this, they told me incorrect information initially or they just flat-out lied to me. Then finally, a manager got on the phone and told me exactly what was happening and that people were, in fact, paying less than me for the same exact product. But it took two weeks to get that information through six different phone calls. The product itself is great but the back office customer support is horrible. Administration, billing, customer support and feedback need a lot of work. I have credit with them, so I'm gonna be forced to utilize that but if there was any competitor with the same kind of product, I would jump on that.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have a five-year-old dog and I used to do home-cooked meals but I got tired. It was a long process sometimes. I picked NomNomNow to try and I’ve been purchasing it for about a year now. He's getting a mixture. He gets all four of the flavors for variety. I tried doing raw and he wouldn't take it. I did cooked meals and he loved it but I just couldn't have time to keep doing that all the time, so feeding him fresh food is definitely best. He seems to be doing great with the NomNomNow and I don't have any issues at all with him.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have been looking into wet food versus dry for a couple of years now to avoid the kidney and urinary issues that I'm experiencing with my cat. I don't think canned food is the best option. Instead of keeping them on can all the time, I found a better option. Feeding my pets natural ingredients is very important to me and I have been purchasing from NomNomNow for about three months. My cats have been solely eating NomNomNow, but if there is ever a gap between orders, I use cans. My only feedback with NomNomNow is the portion consistency. I've noticed that there seems to be a wavering amount in the packages. Some have bigger pieces and others have more in it sometimes. The packaging is also tough to open sometimes, but you can always use a knife with it. I look for minimal recycling or recyclable packaging.

Original review: March 23, 2019

With NomNomNow, all of the food was portioned out, so I just had to open the bag, and that was the portion for his size and weight. I really like that. The quality of the food was good too. The only thing that I saw in the ingredient that was kinda surprising to me was the salt. My dog has food allergies and the salt was also something that contributed to his allergies. So that’s why I had to stop the food. Otherwise, I love the service. It was great. It was so convenient and the pricing was fair too. But NonNomNow just didn’t have a lot of options for me and my dog.

Original review: March 21, 2019

We’ve been very happy with NomNomNow and my 50-pound dog loves it. We’ve tried out some of the other freshly made food and we’ve cycled through their competitors but he has been happy with NomNomNow, so we’re still with it. The packaging could be reduced a little bit though. It’s a lot to get rid of. It doesn’t need all the padding since it’s mushy food. Other than that, the company's customer service has been very responsive. So, all good. I wish they cost less, but I kinda understand why they’re not.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I had been feeding my dog with real food and decided to give NomNomNow a try. My dog is a small Terrier mix and she's three years old. She has a good appetite and enjoys eating it. There are a couple of varieties that she's not fond of, but there are a couple that she loves. There would be times where I put a kibble down. She would go for two days without eating if you put kibble down. But I always keep some on hand just because it lasts. And if you need something in a pinch, there is at least some kibble. I want the freshest and best ingredients. Feeding my dog with natural ingredients, there are benefits to her coat, energy and continued appetite. Her health seems to be good. The NomNomNow product is fresh and is already portioned out. I like that. It's also similar to what I would cook, but I don't have to go to the store to buy it.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I was feeding my dogs Merrick and a mixture of hard food before. I read things and I thought that it was healthier if I give them wet food instead of dry. Also, I wanted to try out one of the more organic types of food. I got NomNomNow's services and my two King Charles Cavalier Spaniels seem to love their food right away. They love it more than any food they've ever had. Both of them seem to be a lot healthier now too. One of the dogs was a little underweight before and I could barely get her to eat once per day. With NomNomNow's food, she eats twice a day and she can't wait to eat the food! Also, she's at a perfect weight now. The natural ingredients are super valuable and I would never go back to what I was feeding the dogs before. I would definitely recommend NomNomNow to anyone who's looking to switch to soft or organic food.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We were doing refrigerated dog food and NomNomNow was a convenience of not having to physically pick it up because they deliver it. I have a little Shih Tzu and a Lab, and within a couple of weeks of feeding them, my Lab's coat has looked really good. The chicken is all that I've gotten them and they seem to like that. We were in Colorado last week so I had them at their little puppy day care and I sent the food with them. Everyone was really interested and they wanted some information on it. The food has definitely appealed to everyone. I like that it's fresh and that it has good ingredients. I also like that I could see a huge difference in my dogs' coats. The Shih Tzu has curly hair, and the Lab's coat is really sleek and shiny. We've been really pleased and I would recommend them.

Original review: March 7, 2019

My dogs used to eat Rawbble, but I wanted to get them something cooked and not just the regular dog food that you buy and eat from the bag. I have five dogs, and I feed four of them with NomNomNow. Each dog has different favorites, and I order four different types of food. I don’t order turkey though because there's rice in there and I don’t like them to eat rice. However, I might have to cut down a bit because it doesn’t look like they're losing weight. Maybe NomNomNow could come up with some formula that is low fat.

I didn't put one of the dogs on NomNomNow because she has skin problems. She has too much yeast infection, so she cannot eat their food because her skin would start to break out again. I wish NomNomNow could have more protein in their formula because more protein is better if the dog has a yeast problem. Or they could have a formula for dogs that cannot eat too many carbs. I would choose that formula if NomNomNow had that, but for now I have to stop the order for her because they don’t have a formula for that kind of dog.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've been feeding NomNomNow to my 10-pound, male Papillon Shih Tzuh for about six months now. He likes chunks versus ground meat. And I get the chicken one. I like that NomNomNow is fresh and not kibble. My dog used to have stomach issues but he doesn't have them anymore. He's more active, alert and energetic. The only thing is I can't stand NomNomNow's packaging. They come in boxes bigger than they need to be. It's environmentally not friendly. And on top of that, the insulation is so thick on the inside packaging. It feels like I'm throwing away a blanket every shipment I get. So, I try to get one shipment a month and just freeze it, even though it's preferred to have it fresh. The packaging used to be much better. It was in a small box with the aluminum thing that you can throw away. But now, it could be more efficient. Plus they use dry ice, which is fine, but it's overkill.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Our three year old York tried NomNomNow in my friend's place. He was eating with pleasure, so we also decided to try and since then, we have been ordering it. But now, we are mixing it with other food because he cannot eat it all in the morning. Sometimes, I'm not happy with the quality of the food. There are more potatoes in the beef portion rather than beef. I was surprised a little bit. Also sometimes, it's a little smaller than the other packages. It's always different, and I have different experiences. Other than that, everything in my experience with them was fine.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We've been purchasing from NomNom for about four months now. We decided to go with them because they were all-natural and fresh food. I have a Havanese and I usually get a variety, but I get the ones that have the ground meat in them. He liked everything with the sample pack but not so much the chicken because the chicken isn't ground. It has more chunks in it. With the other ones, the meat is ground and he seems to like that better. It seems to be doing well for him. It seems like his coat got a little shinier and he seems healthy. He doesn't have stomach problems and doesn't have issues with throwing up or anything like that. But I wouldn't really recommend it for somebody who has a big dog. If you have a big dog who eats a lot of food, then it could get pretty expensive. But for a smaller dog, which is what we have, it's doable.

Original review: March 3, 2019

My dogs had started with NomNomNow since April of last year. I have two small mixed breed dogs. One is seven pounds, one is 11 pounds. And I wanted to put them on something other than kibble. I went with NomNomNow because they're based outta Oakland and I wanted to support local businesses. My dogs have an Instagram account and I've had other companies reach out to me but I haven't jumped on that. I like having someone local, from whom I get weekly deliveries which makes me feel better versus freezing the food and thawing it out later. It's also super easy that the food come in pre-portioned packaging. All you have to do is open the package and put it in their bowl, and it's done. Whereas with other companies, they come with a measuring scoop and there's more mess and fuss over it.

Furthermore, their customer service department is excellent and that keeps me as their customer. They've always been very responsive whenever I contact them. My dogs have also been liking their food and have done really well on it. I do a rotation of the various recipes that they have. There's beef, chicken, turkey and pork. So, they get one recipe per week. I have recommended NomNomNow to other people and they have also subscribed to it.

Original review: March 2, 2019

My Labradoodle is about to be nine months old now and she was never too fond of kibble. She also had some gastro problems going on, so we had to choose a very specific kind of kibble for her. I was always looking for solutions to figure something out so that she might eat well. I was exploring the human-grade food option and I came across NomNomNow's website, and then read through the reviews. And what appealed to me the most was that their packaging was per meal. So, it's hassle-free.

The first time I bought the food, it seemed that my pup was hungry and looking for more food towards the day. And then, I reached out to customer service to see what I can do to get more food that is more filling for her. I contacted them a second time about one kind of food that was less and it turned out that it was intentional. The turkey food is more caloric compared to the other foods. I've been buying this food for exactly two months now and my pup definitely likes it much, much better. I've never had her finish her food before she moved on to NomNomNow. And this food, she finishes it all. She's waiting for it. The bad thing, though, is the smell that comes from her mouth. She definitely smells more because of fresh food. The other thing is, because she's eating vegetables, her poop has remains of carrots and peas. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it's sometimes alarming to see something red in the poop. And then, you're like, "No, that's fine."

I usually ask for two weeks’ worth of food but last time, I asked for a month's worth and I felt that their dry ice wasn't enough. The top layer of the food was completely thawed, and that's about 14 packets, because the dry ice was at the bottom. I think they resolved that and they're gonna put the dry ice on the top instead. And tomorrow, I'm gonna receive my first delivery since that change. I would definitely recommend NomNomNow to other people.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have three cats and two dogs and feeding them natural ingredients is valuable. I give them a particular NomNomNow for allergies. But pretty often, I reach out to their customer service when they do not fill the order correctly. Also, NomNomNow puts too many rubber bands on the food and it rips the packages open constantly which causes a lot of problems.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

NomNomNow has good and fresh food I'm buying for my Miniature Schnauzer. I have two dogs now and waiting to put the other dog on it eventually. She’s a little over a year now, but we have a lot of kibble still left over, so we’re just waiting for that to run out. Also a dog's system has to get used to the new type of food. Sometimes they don’t react to it in a positive way and we’re not ready to put her on it just yet.

With NomNomNow the dog's hair looks nicer. They get a better overall nutrition and I know that the regular kibble food is not the best type of food. I know that dogs have been eating it for many, many years, but I’m hoping that with me feeding my dogs the nutritional food that I am, their life will be a little bit longer, and they’ll be happier. For us specifically, we don’t always eat the same food, but at the same time, as long as we eat something healthy, then we’ll be better off. So that’s the way I look at it with my dogs. And I would recommend NomNomNow.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have an 11-pound Poodle-Bichon mix. He’s 13 years old and he likes NomNomNow. I’ve been buying it for two years and I like that it is fresh and delivered. It’s consistent and it is super valuable to feed my dog natural ingredients. NomNomNow is totally worth the effort and the price.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My Shih Tzu was having allergies to food, so I got NomNomNow and tried it, and it’s been great. She used to have an orange face, but since I switched the food, she’s got a beautiful face.

NomNomNow expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

NomNomNow is a fresh pet food company and home delivery service founded in 2015 in the San Francisco Bay Area by Alex Jarrel, Zach Phillips and Nate Phillips. NomNomNow operates under the guidance of veterinarian Dr. Justin Shmalberg, a leading expert on dog nutrition, and offers pre-portioned, fresh food tailored to an individual dog or cats’ specific nutritional needs.

• Availability: NomNomNow offers delivery to the 48 contiguous states.

• Fresh food without the prep work: Pet food is cooked in NomNomNow’s facility using fresh restaurant quality ingredients. Each meal is delivered in a sealed, pre-portioned bag ready to be served or frozen.

• Individually formulated for your pet: NomNomNow customers are asked to fill out a pet profile that outlines the age, weight, health concerns and activity level of their pet. The profile is used to select the best formula and caloric intake for each pet’s individual needs with more detailed nutrition consultations also available.

• Options: NomNomNow offers dog food (beef, turkey, chicken, pork, egg & veggie), dog treats (human grade chicken or beef jerky) and cat food (fish, chicken).

• NomNomNow cost: Depending on the size of your pet, pricing for small dogs and cats starts around $30/week.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

NomNomNow Company Information