4.26/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NomNomNow is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

NomNomNow also sells single-ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are great for your dog or cat. The fresh pet food company also offers Probiotics for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit to learn more about your pet’s gut bacteria and overall health.

Visit their website or contact them today to learn more about how NomNomNow’s fresh customized nutrition and companion wellness products will help your pet thrive!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

NomNomNow offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

PROS

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

CONS

• Can be pricey

Top NomNomNow Reviews

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that NomNomNow is using fresh ingredients. When I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are.

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having trouble with. NomNomNow is everything everybody says on the reviews. It works great.

How does NomNomNow work?

NomNomNow is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on NomNomNow’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level. NomNomNow then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

NomNomNow ingredients

NomNomNow’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog food. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

NomNomNow offers a variety of recipe options for your dog or cat. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup, or get chicken or fish for your cat. All nutrients below are referenced in grams per 1,000 calories (g/kcal).

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
HEARTLAND BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 100 grams
  • Fat: 48 grams
  • Carbs: 71 grams
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TASTY TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 44 grams
  • Carbs: 96 grams
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CHOW-WOW
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 59 grams
  • Carbs: 59 grams
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORKALICIOUS POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 75 grams
  • Fat: 55 grams
  • Carbs: 78 grams

Cat food recipes

nomnomnow chicken chow meow
CHICKEN CHOW-MEOW
  • Ingredients: Chicken thigh, breast and liver, asparagus, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 163 grams
  • Protein: 141 grams
  • Fat: 51 grams
  • Carbs: 22 grams

NomNomNow price

Your pet's size determines the cost of NomNomNow’s service. We ran a few options through their online quiz and came up with an average price between $50 and $150 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 20% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total $39.62 for an eight-pound dog. The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. NomNomNow's website has a chat feature that allows you to speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every 2 weeks
8 pounds$49.95
40 pounds$84.95
70 pounds$124.22

NomNomNow FAQ

What other products does NomNomNow offer?
In addition to dog and cat meal plans, NomNomNow offers the following products for purchase on their website:
  • NomNomNow treats: Chicken and beef jerky treats are available starting at $13 for a two-ounce package. The company also sells Flavor Flakes, a seasoning you can sprinkle on your dog’s food. NomNomNow recommends using the seasoning for picky eaters and to help your pet transition to a new diet.
  • NomNomNow variety packs: Sample packs are available for dogs and cats. The Variety Pack for Dogs contains four 150g samples of each of their dog recipes and jerky treat samples. The Variety Pack for Cats contains three 90g samples of each cat recipe and a Flavor Flakes sample. Both variety packs are available for $15 each.
  • NomNomNow supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • NomNomNow microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issue. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $59.
Is NomNomNow raw?
No. NomNomNow is precooked.
Do you have to cook NomNomNow?
No. NomNomNow is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.
What is the NomNomNow nutrient mix?
Each of the four dog food recipes includes the NomNomNutrient Mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The nutrient mix consists of the following ingredients:
  • Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Taurine
  • Choline
How do I cancel my NomNomNow account?
The company has an online form used to cancel your account. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.
Has there ever been a NomNomNow recall?
As of September 2019, NomNomNow has never been recalled.
Can I do a NomNomNow trial?
You can get a 20% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.
Is NomNomNow cat food available?
Yes. NomNomNow offers chicken and fish recipes for cats.

Do we recommend NomNomNow?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pet, we think NomNomNow is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your pet with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. NomNomNow is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have time to cook the meals themselves.

NomNomNow Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 2, 2019

I've been purchasing NomNomNow for about five months. It was kind of a fluke. I got an ad through email from the AKC. I have a purebred Scottie who's registered through them. And so, I kinda took a look at NomNomNow's website from there, and it intrigued me. I also liked what I saw on their website and how they described the process of making their food and what goes in their food. My dog doesn't have any formulation preference because they give me the ability to choose a variety of all their flavors, and that's what I do. And since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge and she sees it. So, to me, that's the proof in the pudding. And I love the fact that NomNomNow is using fresh ingredients. And when I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are just visually looking at it. And also, it doesn't smell too bad.

Since feeding my dog NomNomNow, she's more active. Her eyes appear brighter and more alert. She's only three years old, so she's not old but it appears her coat feels smoother. Overall, she appears to be happier and look healthier. One of the other things I really like about NomNomNow is the fact that I get it mailed on a regular basis. I don't have to think about running out of food. That's a huge plus for me. We were feeding my dog Blue Buffalo, and the price point is not that much different, and it saves me not having to go to the store with my gas. So the little bump in price is almost nonexistent for me.

The only thing I could ask them to do is to have breed specifics. And I say that because I got a scottie. My dog's a little dog. Her health needs and concerns are different than a Saint Bernard. And so, a breed specific or maybe size specific food would be good. Scotties also tend to get bladder cancer, and we lost our first Scottie to cancer. So, food specifically geared towards that would also be good. I would recommend them to come up with a plan that's specific for targeting different health things.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was with a competitor of NomNomNow but my dog wasn't quite satisfied with the food. I was paying all this money and she still wasn't wanting to eat it. When I asked the company why, they told me I needed to put chicken broth with it and put hot water on top of it to make it more palatable. But that's what I was paying them for. So I thought I needed to find an alternative. Then I found NomNomNow on Instagram. I saw the ad and the food looked 10 million times better than what I was getting from the other company. I tried it and my pup absolutely loved it. She loves the chicken. It's like Chicken Chow something, the yellow one, and that's the only thing we've been using for her. Every time I put it down, it's gone in seconds. Something they should do though is add snack green beans to the chicken recipe. It would be their kryptonite for dogs. I actually do that for my pup. I'll top hers up with eight or 10 1/4-inch pieces, and she loves it.

NomNomNow is a little more expensive than the other company, and I had their premium level stuff too. But I don't have a problem with the price at all. If it were higher, then yeah, it would be. But it's great. My 8.6-pound chihuahua has done a lot better with NomNomNow. I haven't found one that fixes her allergies yet. She's got hair falling off of her neck and she sneezes a lot. She also rubs her eyes and her face. She's constantly irritated by allergies. She does it year-round too, which makes me sad. But there is also a lot I can attribute to NomNomNow. Before, her bowel movements were very irregular and there was a lot of waste. Now there's hardly any waste at all. Her poops are very minute.

I gotta really brush her teeth though and that's kind of a con. NomNomNow is soft food and I have to brush her teeth every day. But it's worth it. I tell people about them all the time. My pup is a year and a half now, going on two years in October. She's a tricolor with short hair and she's very active. She's still got the K9 figure that they're supposed to have. She's got the dip past her rib cage in her belly then her hips still dips in the back. I really paid close attention to that to make sure that she has that going on.

Original review: April 9, 2019

There was an offer through an earning site called Swagbucks. I have been hearing that a raw food diet is better for cats and for dogs as well, so I thought I'd give NomNomNow a try for my cat. She is about 11 years old and I've had her for a couple of years. She is a high strung kitty. She is a tuxedo kitty and she's got a beautiful, thick fur coat. She's a short hair and what I've noticed since she has started this diet is she has been much happier and her coat is very sleek and really lovely. She is very adamant about getting her feedings twice a day like she is supposed to, and she gets them because I don't wanna be on her wrong side, and it seems to be working very well for her. When I'm out of town, I have to leave people to supplement with a bit of dry food as well, but for the most part, she is completely on the NomNom diet.

Initially, I chose the fish only and my cat was all for it. It was interesting because I've tried to give her fish and other things before, but she just turned her nose up and wouldn't eat them. She loves NomNomNow. She could have mixed one, so I also got the chicken one and I alternate that -- chicken once a day, fish once a day -- but she has something else to eat every day. Initially, she turned her nose up at the chicken and it took her a little while to eat it. She has started eating it, but it isn't really necessary for her to have that diverse of a diet. It is also more expensive to have the mixed delivery rather than just the single, so I may go back to just doing the fish for her.

My cat seems to be very happy with NomNomNow. She is still skittish, but she seems like a happier kitty and she really wants to go after I feed her. She wants to go back outside and get back on her little perch and be the watch cat that she is for our back porch. Also, I have noticed the significant difference in her coat. She has gotten a little healthier and a little rounder looking with the diet. I also noticed that she is more playful now, so I am happy to see that change in behavior for her.

I am very happy with the product. They are on the little pouches and I just empty it out and rinse them out and throw the plastic in recycling. It is a really easy thing to do. My kitty seems to take to it very well, so it has been a positive experience overall. There is no small amount of ribbing that I am receiving not only from family members, but other people about it. It is a Cadillac diet. I am now feeding my cat for a price because it is definitely more than what I spent on cat food in the past, but I figured it is worth it for her and it really helps her overall well-being. It is a win-win for everybody. I've had cats in the past who developed kidney problems from being exclusively on a dry food diet.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We have two rescues. One dog will be turning 13 while the other will be three in May. We realized very early on that our dogs only get their source of nutrition and supplements from us. We figured that if that's the case, we need to find the best we can. We went with various companies. We tried other food that was delivered to us before. I came across NomNomNow on the internet and gave them a try. They have more like people food. The food's fresh too. Our dogs like it and it's good for them. It was a win-win situation. We've been with the company since 2017.

Our dogs have been very healthy since using NomNomNow products and I don't think we'll change in the near future. We have to really watch some of the ingredients that are in the products. We tried things like their pork and beef. The beef doesn't settle well with our dogs' stomachs and it's hard to digest for them. We tried the chicken and turkey too. The turkey worked out really well and our dogs like it. They're really happy. We lost our first Westie when he was around 13. He had diabetes. That's why we're trying our hardest to find something that will keep our dogs with us for longer.

We had a Shih Tzu before our Westie. Our vet said the Science Diet was the way to go and that we had to do it. But I was in tears. I can't remember the dry dog food that I took to our vet to show her the difference between Science Diet and this other one which was a healthier thing. You could smell and see the difference. When we got our last Westie, I said there was no way Science Diet was gonna pass through his lips. I would not feed a dog that stuff. Our older dog is more susceptible to allergies but that goes along with the Westie. That's in the genes and it's not in what they eat. But since we've been feeding him NomNomNow, he's been a lot healthier in his later years.

NomNomNow comes to us frozen. We put it in our freezer then I put it in the refrigerator a few days. We pack it up by eight packages. By the time we're out of the one and put another one in, it's thawed out enough. It's just more convenient too. To my information, it smells better than the regular dry dog food. You could eat it I imagine because it has people food in there. You can see the carrots and eggs in it. You know what are in the products from looking at it. It's not like something that is totally ground up together in a mush that is then dried. It also has dog vitamins.

NomNomNow is a little bit more expensive, but I figure that the fewer times we have to go to vets, that also means that they're more comfortable in their life. And when they go to the bathroom, they don't have to excrete everything that they ate either. That's telling me that our dogs are using what they're eating. Their bodies are able to absorb the food and use the nutrition there.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been purchasing NomNomNow for my two Maltese for about two years. We tried other brands but our dogs like NomNomNow the most. We rotate the turkey, pork and beef type for them and I am very satisfied, overall. However, I noticed that they keep changing the packages and it is somewhat inconvenient and annoying. They put rubber band too much over each package and it is a hassle to take it off. They also use a plastic band over it sometimes. I get it that they have to be organized and that's the way they package their product but it's not consistent. I’ve seen three to four different packages. They keep changing.

I also want consistency and if they can do a better packaging job where there is less waste.

When I feed my dogs, their bowl weighs their food amount every time I feed them. Each meal is individually packaged for the same amount, but if I open two of the same packages and give it to them at the same time, the weight of the food is significantly different. I don’t even have to weigh it but when I put it on their plates, visually, I can see that one of them looks less. So, that’s when I started weighing and it would weigh differently. It wasn’t like that, but I've been noticing it for the past four months. Usually, they get an average of 40 gram of each meal. But then one of them will have 32 and one of them will have 42. I made a comment on their Facebook page, but nobody responded yet. Other than that, everything is great.

NomNomNow response

It means so much to us to know your pups love their NomNom! We appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback. Any inconsistency in the meals does not sit well with us as the health and happiness of your pups is our number one priority. We apologize if we missed your facebook comment, but please know that all of your feedback regarding the packaging and the weight of the meals have been noted and we will certainly relay it back to our operations team. Again, we thank you for your feedback and we enjoying having you and your pups in the NomNomNow family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have a sick pup - atypical Cushings, a benign tumor in his eustachian tube, complete undercoat hair loss, incontinence, etc. We were recommended to NomNom by a friend. We have chicken wow-wow and tasty turkey fare for the last 3+ weeks. Dog loves it! He is much better energy wise and incontinence is much less. He stopped losing weight as well. EXCEPT this week he also stopped eating the chicken wow-wow. No matter what I put in it to enhance it. He loves the turkey but I have thrown away and starved him 3 nights with the chicken dish. Help!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have being a customer for several years now. I started with my first dog Guinness, who passed away 2 years ago and now continuing with my second dog Flick. Flick loves all the different meals and his fur is so soft and shiny and in very good health, so far. I strongly feel that the food has helped him in staying healthy and also controlling his weight. I will continue giving him NomNomNow.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

My puppy Twix started eating NomNomNow when he was 8 weeks old and he loves the Beef recipe a lot. I also feed my cat Mouse all NomNomNow cat recipes, it took me about 2 weeks of trying since and now she won't even eat kibble. The key is to keep trying, put NNN bowl next to previous food bowl and eventually your cat will eat it! My pets seem to have more energy and more playful now! Thanks NomNomNow.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I love everything about this company. The customer service is awesome and everyone is so friendly and helpful. The product is great and convenient and I love how they custom make the proportions for each dog. I really Highly recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The beef mash for dogs is mostly potatoes. You can count the peas and carrots on one hand mixed in with what looks like maybe two tablespoons of beef. The turkey fair is mostly brown rice. The same deal with the side ingredients. This is overpriced garbage! Ollie or Spot & Tango are MUCH better for the money and the ingredients, overall quality.

NomNomNow Company Information