4.3/5 (340 ratings)

About Nom Nom

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog. Its fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives or byproducts. All meals are prepared using fresh, whole ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs and are delivered directly to your door.

Pros

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food

Cons

• Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking quality, fresh food for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your pet.

Top Nom Nom Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that Nom Nom is using fresh ingredients. When I look ...

Verified

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having tr...

How does Nom Nom work?

Nom Nom is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, real ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on Nom Nom’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level.

Nom Nom then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

Nom Nom ingredients

Nom Nom’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog foods. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

Nom Nom offers a variety of recipe options for your dog. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup. The table below lists ingredients and the guaranteed analysis of crude protein, crude fat, crude fiber and crude moisture for each recipe.

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 8% min.
  • Fat: 4% min.
  • Moisture: 77% max.
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CUISINE
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 8.5% min.
  • Fat: 6% min.
  • Moisture: 77% max.
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORK POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 7% min.
  • Fat: 5% min.
  • Fiber: 2% max.
  • Moisture: 75% max.
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 10% min.
  • Fat: 5% min.
  • Moisture: 72% max.

Nom Nom price

Your pet's size determines the cost of Nom Nom’s service. We ran a few options through the online quiz and came up with an average price between $67 and $175 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 20% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total just over $50 for an 8-pound dog.

The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. Nom Nom's website has a chat feature that lets you speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every two weeks
8 pounds$66.94
40 pounds$134.12
70 pounds$175.47

Nom Nom FAQ

What other products does Nom Nom offer?

In addition to dog meal plans, Nom Nom offers the following products for purchase on its website:

• Nom Nom supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • Nom Nom microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issues. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria in your pet’s gut and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $35.
Is Nom Nom raw?

Nom Nom is not raw; it is precooked.

Do you have to cook Nom Nom?

Nom Nom is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.

What is the Nom Nom Nutrient Mix?

Each of the four dog food recipes includes a nutrient mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The nutrient mix consists of the following ingredients:

• Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Choline
  • Taurine
How do I cancel my Nom Nom account?

You can cancel or reschedule your order from your online account or by emailing or calling Nom Nom’s care team. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.

Has there ever been a Nom Nom recall?

In 2021 Nom Nom had its first recall. The recall was for the Chicken Cuisine cat food recipe, which is no longer offered.

Can I do a Nom Nom trial?

You can get a 20% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.

Is Nom Nom good for dogs?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pup, we think Nom Nom is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your dog with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. Nom Nom is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have the time for cooking meals.

Nom Nom Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: June 2, 2022

I have tried almost all of the dog food delivery companies and Nom Nom is by far the best quality. It looks like real human grade food and not just frozen mush shoved into a container. I like how the portions are individually packaged and I don’t have to cut the portion in half for two feedings a day. The only complaint is that sometimes to pull corner on the package doesn’t open it and I have to cut it open with a knife. My dog loves it and she has shiny coat and sheds less.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

We decided to switch to a real food dog food about a year ago and decided to give NomNom a try. We have a 2 year old Manchester Terrier female dog named Willa. After a couple of week of switching to NomNom our dog's coat was much more shiny. Willa immediately loved the food and has loved it since. She didn't have any problems switching over and hasn't had any digestive problems and her temperament and activity levels have been great.

I would give NomNom a five-star review however, my only issue is the packaging. Every now and then we come across a daily food package that didn't quite get sealed and the lack of being able to recycle the daily food packages is a bummer but those are our only issues. It would be wonderful if we could recycle the daily food packets.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Nom Nom is the best for my dog, who is an extremely picky eater. After many trials of several other ‘fresh’ dog foods, Nom Nom is the only one he would eat. I don’t have to worry about measuring - Nom Nom takes care of that based on his age, size and weight. Their food is always natural and fresh and I can change his meal plan at any time to incorporate diversity. Lastly, Nom Nom’s prices are very affordable within the fresh pet food industry. Their deliveries are always on time and packaged to maintain freshness and with eco-friendly packaging. I am extremely happy with Nom Nom.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Great service, excellent ease of use, great customer service. We came to Nom Nom when our giant breed puppy was not eating as much as the vet recommended. She was very picky but took to Nom Nom right away. Added benefits were that her coat was shinier than ever which we attribute to the Nom Nom ingredients. We recently canceled our order only because she's been eating so much better recently and we're hoping to wean her off the the luxury food to a more affordable brand. However, we would not hesitate to recommend Nom Noms to any pet owner or to return to it if any of our pets need it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The hound loves the food and is excited to eat every day. Food is high quality so I like that. I gave 4 stars because of quality control and packaging. Some packages, on occasion, look like they are not mixed well and end up getting mostly vegetables or mostly meat. I think that also might make the packages seem like different weights as it seems like there is less food in the bowl sometimes. All this may be because I feed twice a day instead of one.

The other thing I have problems with is the packaging. The tab where you open the package is in the corner but sometimes one side is still sealed and the other open making it difficult to pull the tab. Also, instead of the package opening smoothly, the seam sometimes catches making it difficult to open without getting your fingers in there. In the case of the chicken meal, it's very greasy, making it great for the dog's coat but making it slippery to fully open the package. Still with those things it's still a positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I’ve been a customer since 10/2021. The first few months were great. Food/delivery/customer service all excellent. Then things started to go south… meal packs that were way under (or over) the indicated weight, missing meal packs, late delivery, bad packaging with thin plastic that were prone to tearing when unpacking the deliveries, meals that had mostly potatoes with a tiny bit of meat, and the coup de grace - spoiled BLACK potatoes pieces in the beef mash meal. Then I discovered this company was acquired by Mars, Inc. back in Jan. So I suspect this may be the reason for all the issues. Also, their pricing structure has changed since July. I had 2 dogs on a bi-weekly delivery plan and received a $70 increase ($140/month). So sad to see what happens to a small company when a big corporation takes over.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I’ll start with my dogs love the Nom Nom food. But for two little dogs it’s 330 bucks a month and the last 4 months the delivery has been wrong every time. The wrong number of meals and missing meals. And then it takes 30 plus minutes to sort it out with their customer service. The first 3 times it was wrong they said I’d receive a discount on the following month which I never received. It started out great for over a year and then all of a sudden the packaging changed and every month has been wrong in some way since. So something changed in their process or quality control. I’m happy to pay that much for my dog's food, but I’m going to look for another service.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Several orders have been late, with no accurate tracking information available. This is an issue because we are always at risk of running out of food for our pet. Some of the bags are poorly packaged and leak when thawed (not just condensation as the liquid that leaks is brownish in color from the food). Customer service is poor - today I requested an extra two weeks of food in my next order. The rep said he added it, and my next order would be delivered three weeks after that. When asked why I would receive 6 weeks of food and then another 4 weeks of food 3 weeks thereafter, he had no answer.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Honestly we feel so happy to have found and loved NomNom. We tried so so many different brands for our picky pup and truly he loves it. Couldn’t be happier with our decision! The whole ordering system is easy and reliable which is huge- we always know the order will arrive and it always arrives in time so we never run out. Customer service is amazing. The only downside is that it is expensive for sure and at the limit of what we would buy.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I was using The Farmers Dog and was researching fresh dog food options and Ollie and Nom Nom came up. So I bought the trials on each. I highly advise that you put the trial date end in your calendar. I have busy life and forgot about the auto ship that MAKE you sign up for. Ollie sent me an email stating that they were getting ready to process my dogs' orders so I was able to cancel it. My dogs don't eat the amount of food that these companies determine the auto ship. Ollie was pleasant and had no problem cancelling my auto ship. Nom nom didn't send out an email until they had already shipped out my dog's food. I cancelled my subscription however it showed up.

When I was cancelling it gave me an option to get at 50% off but I declined. So when I got the email about tracking my order I called and the male customer service representative was very rude and basically gave me the screw you attitude. I asked to speak to a manager and he claimed he was a manager. Obviously that was a lie and refused to pass me to someone above him. The packaging is horrible. It comes bundled with rubber bands so if you don't separate them when they're a little defrosted, you're stuck with four packages of food and will break your nails trying to separate them. The amount of food is small and I would never purchase from them again. Stay away!

Nom Nom Company Information