2. Pets
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5
50% off first order*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

Nom Nom also sells single-ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are great for your dog or cat. The fresh pet food company also offers Probiotics for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit to learn more about your pet’s gut bacteria and overall health.

Visit their website or contact them today to learn more about how Nom Nom’s fresh customized nutrition and companion wellness products will help your pet thrive!

Nom Nom Video
Nom Nom Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

PROS

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

CONS

• Can be pricey

Top Nom Nom Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that Nom Nom is using fresh ingredients. When I look at that dog food, I can actually see the meat and the vegetable, and I can tell what the ingredients are.

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having trouble with. Nom Nom is everything everybody says on the reviews. It works great.

How does Nom Nom work?

Nom Nom is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on Nom Nom’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level. Nom Nom then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

Nom Nom ingredients

Nom Nom’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog food. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

Nom Nom offers a variety of recipe options for your dog or cat. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup, or get chicken or fish for your cat. All nutrients below are referenced in grams per 1,000 calories (g/kcal).

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 100 grams
  • Fat: 48 grams
  • Carbs: 71 grams
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 44 grams
  • Carbs: 96 grams
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CHOW
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 84 grams
  • Fat: 59 grams
  • Carbs: 59 grams
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORK POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 75 grams
  • Fat: 55 grams
  • Carbs: 78 grams

Cat food recipes

nomnomnow chicken chow meow
CHICKEN CUISINE
  • Ingredients: Chicken thigh, breast and liver, asparagus, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe and NomNomNutrient Mix
  • Protein: 163 grams
  • Protein: 141 grams
  • Fat: 51 grams
  • Carbs: 22 grams

Nom Nom price

Your pet's size determines the cost of Nom Nom’s service. We ran a few options through their online quiz and came up with an average price between $50 and $150 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 20% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total $39.62 for an eight-pound dog. The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. Nom Nom's website has a chat feature that allows you to speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every 2 weeks
8 pounds$49.95
40 pounds$84.95
70 pounds$124.22

Nom Nom FAQ

What other products does Nom Nom offer?
In addition to dog and cat meal plans, Nom Nom offers the following products for purchase on their website:
  • Nom Nom treats: Chicken and beef jerky treats are available starting at $13 for a two-ounce package.
  • Nom No, variety packs: Sample packs are available for dogs and cats. The Variety Pack for Dogs contains four 150g samples of each of their dog recipes and jerky treat samples. The Variety Pack for Cats contains three 90g samples of each cat recipe and a Flavor Flakes sample. Both variety packs are available for $15 each.
  • Nom Nom supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • Nom Nom microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issue. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $90.
Is Nom Nom raw?
No. Nom Nom is precooked.
Do you have to cook Nom Nom?
No. Nom Nom is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.
What is the Nom Nom nutrient mix?
Each of the four dog food recipes includes the NomNomNutrient Mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The nutrient mix consists of the following ingredients:
  • Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Taurine
  • Choline
How do I cancel my Nom Nom account?
The company has an online form used to cancel your account. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.
Has there ever been a Nom NomNow recall?
As of September 2019, Nom Nom has never been recalled.
Can I do a Nom Nom trial?
You can get a 20% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.
Is Nom Nom cat food available?
Yes. Nom Nom offers chicken and fish recipes for cats.

Do we recommend Nom Nom?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pet, we think Nom Nom is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your pet with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. Nom Nom is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have time to cook the meals themselves.

Nom Nom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: July 20, 2020

NomNom is one of the best products out there for healthy food for dogs. Since using this food, my dogs have lost excess weight. During their recent check-up, the vet noticed how different my dogs looked (coats were shiny and healthy) and they seemed happy and active (they are 9 and 10 year old dogs). I have one issue with the administrative process. I would like the option to move between scheduling once a month or every two weeks because of travel. Although they will ship to an alternate location, I do not want a whole month of food shipped to a location I am only going to be at for 10 days. Then I have to carry extra coolers with ice to prevent the remaining product from thawing out. Also I noticed lately some packs are not of equal portion size (overfilled or underfilled).

Finally, I've never found a food for my one picky eater until NomNom. She sits and waits by her bowl when I am preparing the food. In the past, I would have to coax her to the food bowl with bacon grease, peanut butter, etc.. I would love to see the addition of a fish product for dogs. My dogs love Salmon. Keep up the good work.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 21, 2020

We decided to try NomNomNow after researching the leading fresh dog food companies. First we tried the variety pack. Our dog preferred the turkey, so that's what we settled on for our on-going orders. Our dog is 9 years old, has always been fed kibble and was never excited about eating. That has all changed with NomNomNow. Now she's excited at meal time, reminds us if we're late feeding her, and literally gobbles her food and licks the bowl. Everything that was suggested as a positive result of their fresh food has proven to be true. In addition, the communications with the staff are useful and just the right amount (not intrusive or excessive).

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

My dog absolutely loves the food. My only concern is that in these last 2 shipments, there are some meals that appear to be about 1/2 the quantity of the majority. They are noticeably smaller, and probably occur in about 1 or 2 of every 14 that I defrost for the week. The weight of the packages is also completely different since I first thought that it might be just how the food was packaged. I'm attaching some pics so you can see what I am talking about. I included pics of the front so you can see which were affected in those that I defrosted yesterday. Sorry the pic quality isn't great - not sure what's going on with my phone! Thanks!

Nom Nom response

Hi Jim,

Thank you for reaching out about this. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re certainly sorry to know that you’ve had a recent delivery experience that isn’t up to our usual standards. We’re delighted your pup loves the meals and would love the opportunity to make this right for you. Our care team will be reaching out to you to assist. We look forward to resolving this for you.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

My french bulldog could eat anything and was perfectly healthy until he got pancreatitis at 10 years old. Then he couldn't eat anything without the runs. After thousands in vet bills and 10 different foods and antibiotics we found he could only eat homemade food by me. I cooked for him for 4 months: organic sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli and ground turkey. All was well but I leave for 2 months every Winter and knew I would not be able to freeze 2 months of food for my sister and ship her a freezer to store it in.

I started researching all the fresh mail-order dog foods and NNN had a recipe similar to what I was making him with their Chicken Chow Wow. Well, after a 2 week transition, the clouds parted and life is back to normal. He loves his NNN and stalks me in the AM and PM for his food, licks the bowl and the floor around it multiple times. He's acting like an 11 year old puppy. Customer service has been spot on. I'm so grateful for NNN and the price was less than I was spending making his food. Win win!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I cannot say enough about this company. I have a picky eater that over time has become pickier. She is going to be 10. But for the past 3 months she had gobbled up her Nom Nom dinners so quick. Her coat is healthier and her energy level is back. The Customer Service dept is fabulous, I needed half meals because the full meals were just too large for my little girl. The rep assisted greatly, didn't try to "sell" me on any thing my pup and I didn't need. Truly a great company. I would recommend this company to any of my friends and family. Any further pups I may get will definitely be started on Nom Nom a lot sooner. Wish they were around when I first brought Rhea home. But she will know great dinners for the remainder of her days. Thank you Nom Nom!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

My first delivery arrived late and the ice was melted and several of the packages had to be thrown out. I had a few months of ok deliveries then I ordered 'Add Ons' for an additional $40. When the order arrived, no add ons. I called and they give you the runaround but never actually make anything right. They said the missing stuff would arrive on Friday but that was a lie and it wasn't coming until the next scheduled delivery was coming!! There was a 2-week gap yet they had their money! When I called to find out what was going on they said they would give a discount but I am done with them and their crappy service. Too bad, my dog liked the food but for $400 a month, I expect top-notch service and this company has no clue how to make things right. I'm done for good!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

We have been feeding our elderly Jack Russell terrier on NNN for at least 2 years. He loves it and has done very well on it, gobbles it down. I feel better knowing that the ingredients are fresh, human grade. The customer service is stellar.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

My 4 dogs have used NomNom for a few years. For most of the time, I was satisfied. Pre-portioned pouches are great. Recently, (after spending over $1,000) at the emergency vet) I became aware that the dogs are not digesting the food well (veggies are undercooked). They feel like rubber when you touch them, so I can't imagine what it must be doing to their intestines. I know other people that have stopped NomNomNow for the same reason. I tried many things when it became clear that one of them had Leaky Gut (or so we suspected). I thought it may have been a variety of things causing the issue, but in retrospect, I believe it was the digestibility of their food. Our last delivery was two weeks ago and I canceled my subscription and have moved on to another company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Almost immediately after they raised their prices the quality went downhill. I received 3 deliveries of partially warm boxes & packages that were only filled half way. (Not just 1 or 2 packages, over half the boxes.) I was willing to pay more because I was happy with the food & I understand the rise in overhead cost but I am not willing to pay more & receive not just less but a company that isn’t willing to acknowledge & correct their mistakes/issues. I reached out via email and spoke to 3 different people, none of which offered a solution.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

My dog loves this food. We tried Farmer's Dog first and he didn't like it. This looks and smells like human grade food. They also will ship it to you in smaller portions if you prefer to mix with kibble like I do. I highly recommend!

Nom Nom Company Information