Call toll free
4.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NomNomNow is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Our fresh, made to order meals are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist, prepared using only human grade ingredients, portioned to meet your pet's calorie needs, and delivered directly to your door. No fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products and no measuring! Visit our website or contact us today to learn how to give the best food to your best friend!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

90 NomNomNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My lab was diagnosed with cancer and he needed a softer food because he had an oral surgery. I looked into healthier alternatives and found out about NomNomNow. He has been on it since then and my other dog as well. He passed away and I just have one dog now who I am currently feeding NomNom. I like the ingredients in it unlike some other dog foods that are dehydrated. NomNom is formulated a little different but it seems healthier and my dog really likes it. His skin is better and he does not get itchy patches. Plus, his energy has improved. Feeding natural ingredients to my pet is very valuable. I used to make food for my dog before but it was time-consuming. I am happy with NomNomNow.

NomNomNow response

We're so sorry to hear about your :( our condolences. We do pride ourselves in serving meals that are delicious and nutritious so we truly appreciate your kind words. We're so glad we can continue playing a role in keeping your other sweet boy healthy and happy—that's our number one priority so it means so much to know he loves his NomNom! Thanks for sharing! :)

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have a lab who will be two next month and all of the other dog food was making him sick. We got him started with NomNom and I am paying quite a bit, but I see some value in it. Changing where I want the food sent as well as the amount is easy to do online. The packaging is good too. Last week, my lab was really sick and he has lost five pounds. I called NomNom and they were positive, helpful and super easy to work with. They were very concerned and they made it easy to adjust my dog’s diet. They returned my phone calls in a timely manner with good advice. My dog is now healthy and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I had a new German Shepherd puppy and he was a really picky eater. I wanted to give him something that was fresh and I looked at the things at the dog store but they seemed very processed and wasn’t sure what was in them. I kinda like the idea that NomNomNow was being made kinda more fresh for them and it was local. So, I thought I would give them a try and the dog liked the food. I buy either the chicken or the beef formula. I give him other foods but he tends to like it quite a bit.

We’ve been satisfied but it is expensive and I don’t think most dog owners are going to spend that much money on their dog unless their dog is a real integral part of the family. We’ve had German Shepherds and we love them very much. And we had one that got cancer and died. We thought that the food was a big part of that. So, we made the decision to do that and made the financial decision to pay a little more for it too so that he’s healthy. So far, I’m happy with NomNomNow and the dog still likes the food with them. So we’ll continue on until something changes.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have been a customer with NomNomNow for a little less than a year and prior was purchasing my fresh food from Farmer's Dog (which I will be returning to.) Things had been going well up until about a month ago when I called NomNom after my 14-year-old Yorkie had shown higher kidney values in his recent blood work. Due to him already being on several other medications my vet said we could control it with his diet. My vet recommended I switch him to a prescription diet. Before committing to the prescription diet (which is can food) I wanted to see what NomNom's options were for dogs with kidney issues.

I spoke to a woman named Jasmine who told me pork and beef were the best options for my dog and sent me the ingredient list. At this time I also updated my account with NomNom to include the new information about my pets blood work. Julie then contacted me from NomNom's customer service letting me know that chicken and turkey were the best option for pets that show higher kidney values (my vet looked over the ingredient list and said it was a good option). In the meantime I had a month's worth of dog food delivered with the beef option due to my first conversation telling me beef was the best option. I was a little frustrated that I was given mixed information and that I now had a month's worth of the wrong food.

I had also requested that I receive 28 portions of food every two months vs. 14 portions every month and was told by Alex in customer service in an email that my account had been updated. Two days ago on December 1st I received another package from NomNom and guess what it was 14 packages of pork. I sent two emails in the past 48 hours requesting they send me 28 meals in the chicken flavor and included the emails to show the conversations between myself and customer service. I have yet to hear back which is why I am here leaving this review. There are other and in my experience better options out there.

NomNomNow response

We sincerely apologize for your experience! It is certainly not the experience we want any of our Nommers to have, especially when it comes to your pet’s health and happiness as that is our number one priority. It hurts us to hear that we have fallen short, immensely, in offering you the support and service you deserve as a pet parent. Please know we are reviewing everything you have mentioned and will look further into the situation. We will take this as a learning experience to ensure we are providing only the highest quality of service. We wish you and your sweet pup nothing but the best.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Our Chow Chow is like our fur child. He's very, very important. I used to have trouble getting him to eat. Currently, I've been feeding him the chicken formulation. However, I need to switch over again because he's not eating well again. I know he's hungry but he wants something else. He's very picky. Since our freezers are full of the dog food, I wanna start the next few times with beef and then alternate it. Other than that, the pet food seems to be well-made and the vegetables in it are good for him.

NomNomNow response

We're so glad we can play a role in keeping your sweet pup healthy and happy—that's our number one priority, so it means so much to know he is enjoying his NomNomNow! We pride ourselves in serving meals that are delicious and nutritious so we truly appreciate your kind words :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

NomNomNow looked like something that I think my dog would like. It’s expensive but I can still afford it so I just tried it. I like NomNomNow because my dog liked it. He gets excited during feeding time. Also, the delivery was good because there was an issue one time and I didn’t even have to send them an email. They just sent me a replacement package about a few days later.

NomNomNow response

We're so happy to hear your pup gets excited for his meals—his health and happiness is our number one priority so it means so much to know he's enjoying his NomNom! We're glad to know we could be of service and make sure you and your furry loved one were taken care of :) Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My mixed Maltese Shih Tzu came from a shelter, so he had previous habits I could not control or see. Apparently, he was fed from scraps, and he was not able to adjust to dog food, kibbles or even canned. He had diarrhea for one year and he was never able to gain weight. Every time he would eat, he would get sick and feel pain. He was always suffering and he was becoming afraid of eating, which was terrifying. I wanted to give him something he would be able to digest and be happy, but not really scrappy because that's not healthy. How can I make human food adequate for my dog? I tried a lot of options before I switched over to fresh food and NomNom sounded better balanced for a fresh food delivery option.

After I changed to this food, he only had small issues. His digestion is way better and I do not see him with gases or cramps, so it's perfect. He does not have a problem anymore. NomNom made the difference from night to day, which is amazing. He's always in love with anything for the first week, and then he just eats it when he's very hungry. It's not something he loves the taste of, but it's good for him and he likes eating it, so I will not change it. I have a cat as well, and he does not like NomNom, so he's gonna have canned food. My priority is making my pet healthy and happy. If my dog is happy with NomNom, that's what he's gonna have. It's 100% valuable for him and I recommend it to friends all the time.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

NomNomNow partnered with Wag! which is the dog walking app that we use. They just stopped partnering with them a couple months ago, but it was easy. And we tried Ollie before and my dog started throwing up so I did not continue. I have two Havanese, one is four and one is one year old. We've been buying NomNomNow for five months and we got the turkey but they didn’t really love the turkey so now, we’re on pork and chicken. I’ve recommended them already to my friends in New York.

NomNomNow response

We're glad we can play a role in keeping your furry ones healthy and happy as that is our number one priority! Thank you for your continuing support and being a part of our NomNomNow family! :)

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My most recent NomNomNow order was over 60% sweet potatoes. The chicken & sweet potato are now huge chunks and my dog does not chew her food so I have to put it in the food processor before serving. I wish I had been informed that the food had changed. It's unfortunate because we've tried all of the dog food delivery services and this was our favorite.

Hi Brandy,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your situation regarding the sweet potato ratio and the diced chicken sizes. To hear that your pup was not able to eat her meal as it was, causing inconvenience to you, is certainly not our intentions. Our goal is to offer a seamless experience in providing a healthy meal for you and your furry family member. It saddens us to know that we fell short of your expectations. I’ll be sure to share your experience with our leadership team. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you and please know we truly appreciate the feedback you've provided us.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My dogs seem to really like the food but I wish there was more meat and a little less veggies. If I monitor their poop, many times I find undigested carrots and am not sure if they are getting the nutrition from those if they are not digesting properly... a few potatoes also at times but mostly carrots. Otherwise, the food is great!

NomNomNow response

Thank you for sharing! Your feedback is truly valuable. We understand your concern, but rest assured, this is totally accounted for as we expect dogs to digest approximately 86% of the food. For instance, we've noticed that dogs typically digest the inner pea, but the outer shell stays intact. No need for you to get this up close and personal with your dog's waste though. We've already done the dirty work here. Thanks again for sharing and it's great to hear that your pups are enjoying their fresh food meals! :)

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I would and already have highly recommended NomNomNow to friends and family. The whole process is great! They keep you updated with emails about when your food will be shipped, what you need to do when it arrives, and they answer any initial questions such as the food transitioning process. The food looks and smells delicious. You can see large chunks of fresh meat and veggies and no fillers. My 2 picky dogs devoured it in seconds, which they've never done with their food before. I love that the company excluded an ingredient that my dog is allergic to and took into account that my dog is on a diet, so they portioned his meals accordingly. Seriously love this company!

NomNomNow response

Thank you so much for the glowing recommendation! We're glad to know you felt supported by our care team and that we were able to make the transition to a new diet easy for your pups! We believe that our furry family members deserve only the best and highest quality food as their health and happiness is our number one priority. This is why we've also chosen to provide personalized meals that are made just for our pets' needs! We've won over some of the pickiest eaters so it's wonderful to know we've got 2 more happy Nommers in your pups!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Allergies and bald spots disappeared. Chronic runs disappeared. Fur is beautiful. She became a happy, healthy dog. Picky eater but she enjoys the food. The food is easily stored and easy to serve. I like the involvement of a veterinarian nutritionist in this product.

NomNomNow response

We're so glad to hear that your sweet girl is loving her fresh, healthy food. Your pup's health and happiness is our number one priority so it's great to know that she doing well :) Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The quality of the food, packaging and service is outstanding. My standard poodle had a serious parasite problem that she got from her breeder. After months of medication, she could not get rid of Giardia until she started eating NomNomNow. After she did, her fortified body easily got rid of the Giardia. She is a picky eater and loves NomNomNow.

NomNomNow response

Your pup's health and happiness are so important to us so it's great to know that your sweet pup is doing well and loving her fresh, healthy food. We pride ourselves in serving meals that are delicious and nutritious so we truly appreciate your kind words :)

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

NomNomNow is really convenient and our picky dog loves it! It is great knowing that she is getting all the vitamins and nutrients that she needs to stay healthy without feeding heavily processed dry food. Customer service is amazing and delivery problems are usually on their way to sorted before you have even realized there is a problem.

NomNomNow response

Thank you for sharing! We pride ourselves in serving fresh, healthy food that our Nommers will love and have won over some of the pickiest eaters so it's always wonderful to hear a success story like yours!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have been using NomNomNow for over a year now, and can say without a doubt that my dog is healthier, happier, and has an amazing coat to boot. On top of that, their service team is EXCELLENT. I recommend it to all of my friends.

NomNomNow response

Thank you for those kind words and your continuing support! We're so happy to hear your pup is doing well! We truly enjoy having you and your fur baby in the NomNomNow family!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My 3 dogs just love their NOMNOMNOW meals and so do I. I trust that they are getting the best food I can offer them and so do their vets. Thanks my friends for offering us this delicious easy food option.

NomNomNow response

Thank you for being a part of our NomNomNow family! We truly believe our furry loved ones deserve only the best so we're happy to hear that you and your 3 pups are enjoying our healthy, delicious, vet nutritionist-formulated meals :)

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The carrier could not deliver my NomNomNow on time so the good folks at NomNomNow took care of it right away and sent me a new shipment ASAP. My Pups and I are very please with the customer service NomNomNow provides! Thanks!

NomNomNow response

We're sorry to hear about the delivery issues, but are so glad to know we could be of service and make sure you and your four-legged loved ones were taken care of :)

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Been using for a few weeks. I used to make my own cat food but this is easy - cat loves it and so do I. I like the packets and they gave me so extra in case there is a problem with delivery. I should have thought of this!

NomNomNow response

We hope to offer convenience in providing healthy, fresh food meals to our Nommers so it's truly wonderful to hear you find feeding your kitty so easy! Thank you for your kind words :)

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My Golden Retriever boy loves NomNomNow. He is on the recipe rotation as he gets a different recipe each week. This food is really nutritious as it is human grade and perfectly portioned. I cannot recommend this highly enough! It is such a great experience.

NomNomNow response

We're so glad to hear just how much your sweet boy loves his NomNomNow! Thank you so much for the glowing recommendation :)

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

So much easier for me after cooking chicken, rice and vegetables twice a week for a year. Now the luscious meals from NomNomNow save me the hassle. My two buddies both enjoy their meals. They are voracious and healthy eaters. Thank you for such a natural and helpful product.

NomNomNow response

That's exactly why we do what we do! Our number one priority is the health and happiness of your four-legged loved ones and that means providing the healthiest meals while also making it as easy as possible for our pet parents to serve :)

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My dogs love and I mean love this food. I’m so happy that we found this great company out of the Bay Area. They cook fresh food and deliver it to your door. They have four solid recipes that I’m able to rotate each delivery cadence. Very convenient and also healthy for my pup.

NomNomNow response

We're so glad we could be of service to you and your pups! We hope to make serving a fresh, healthy diet as easy as possible so it's great to know you and your pups are happy nommers :)

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Lilly has been eating NomNomNow for the last year and half. She loves the chicken, turkey, and beef. Lilly used to get a different flavor every week but shes been on chicken only now for a while, as she prefers it more. Everyone always comments on how shiny her coat is. I swear it's the food. She likes the chicken and turkey strips. The customer service is incredible and always helpful.

NomNomNow response

It's great to know just how much your sweet Lilly loves her delicious, healthy meals (especially our Chicken Chow-Wow recipe)! There are so many health benefits to a fresh food diet so it's also wonderful to hear how shiny her coat is :)

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

NomNomNow has really been good for Gizmo! He loves every meal, especially the beef mash! He use to graze all day, until now. He his happy for his breakfast and dinner every day! Sometimes waiting at the refrigerator. He really likes it when I warm it up in some warm water before it’s served as well.

NomNomNow response

It means the world to us to know that Gizmo is such a happy Nommer! We're glad to hear about his mealtime excitement and that our Heartland Beef Mash is his favorite :)

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Very satisfied with this product. I have two papillons who are extremely fussy with their food. Since switching to NNN they look forward to their meal every day. Super fresh and excellent customer service. I also work at an animal critical care hospital and NNN is my secret weapon in getting our patients to eat. My boxer was overweight and since she has been getting her preportioned food prepared for her. She is now at her ideal weight.

NomNomNow response

We're so glad to hear our customized weight loss plan has worked so well for your sweet Boxer and that we've won over your picky Papillons! Thank you for your support and for helping other pups live healthy and happy lives with NomNomNow :)

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My 4-year old greyhound, Keeva, absolutely loves the food, her favorites being the beef and the chicken. She looks great, has plenty of energy when not resting or sleeping, as that trait being common with greyhounds. I continue to recommend NomNomNow to my greyhound friends, as well as my other dog friends.

NomNomNow response

It's wonderful to know just how much your sweet Keeva loves our Heartland Beef Mash and Chicken Chow-Wow recipes! She sounds like she's doing so well on her healthy fresh food meals. And thank you for spreading the word on NomNomNow, we truly appreciate the support :)

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I adopted Oreo, a papillon mix, a little over a year ago from a local shelter. At the time I was informed that he had been abused and neglected. Love this boy but he is the pickiest eater ever. Who would think that a dog who spent the better part of his life eating other dogs poop and barely getting fed would be a picky eater.

He loves NomNomNow chicken. Just the chicken nothing else. And quite honestly in order to get him to eat it regularly I have to put a little broth on it. Trust me it’s not the broth, if I put the broth on anything else he still won’t eat it. My vet says he is wonderfully healthy and I love knowing that he’s getting a healthy diet

NomNomNow response

We're glad to hear your sweet Oreo is a fan of our Chicken Chow-Wow recipe and that he's doing so well! He's sure lucky to have you serving him only the healthiest meals and caring for him now :)

Original review: July 19, 2018

Harley loves his food now. The consistency is moist and soft. I was using another home delivery service like yours and the food was hard and had to dig on it to break it down. Harley had enough of the practically dry dog food. Everything else is great. So happy to see all the positive posts and the rating ConsumerAffairs gave you.

NomNomNow response

Thank you so much! We pride ourselves in delivering fresh, pre-portioned meals made just for your four-legged loved one you never have to scoop or measure and they get the nutrition that's just right for them. We truly appreciate your kind compliments :)

Original review: July 18, 2018

I received my shipment (July) and for this shipment they cut back on the amount of ice packs used to keep the shipment cold (2 small ice packs on top of shipment, 3 on bottom). Several of the meals on top of the shipment were not cool, but lukewarm. I contacted my account manager to let her know and although she was quick to respond, and stated that this was not up to their standards, they offered no real explanation for the reason this occurred. She did offer a slight discount on next order to make up for the packages that were not usable but when I asked how they would ensure this wouldn't happen again, just told me there was a "mishap" but did not offer reassurances.

Today, when I opened a pack to feed my girl (we received the porkalicious order) the pork was very pink and there were very large chunks of pork in the package. I didn't seem like the pork was chopped up or cooked long enough, in my opinion. I'm not sure if this entire order was a "mishap" but it seems to me that the quality on this order has significantly decreased (this is my 3rd order with them) I am currently looking at other options before deciding to reorder from them.

NomNomNow response

We're so sorry to hear about your poor experience! Please know your account manager noted this case directly with the operations team to look into what could have happened as there should certainly be enough ice packs to ensure your meals stay cool to the touch and fresh for your Nommer to enjoy. Additionally, we'll be taking a look at the batch your meals came from to ensure quality control is in place. We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding on our end and please know we truly appreciate the feedback you've provided us.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My dog loves NomNomNow! If you are looking for dog food to make your pup much healthier and happier then I would 100% recommend NomNomNow! I love that the food is prepared fresh and that it comes in little packages. NomNomNow is great for any dog! Mine sure loves it!

NomNomNow response

The health and happiness of our Nommers is our number one priority so thank you for all the warm compliments! Your glowing recommendation truly means the world to us :)

Original review: June 23, 2018

My dog loves the fresh food, he is a picky dog so was skeptical but loves the food and my dog looks and feels a lot better. I would highly recommend this product. I have tried multiple dog foods before and this one beats the rest.

NomNomNow response

We've won over some of the pickiest eaters so it's wonderful to know how much your picky pup loves his NomNom! Thank you so much for your kind compliments :)

NomNomNow expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

NomNomNow is a fresh pet food company and home delivery service founded in 2015 in the San Francisco Bay Area by Alex Jarrel, Zach Phillips and Nate Phillips. NomNomNow operates under the guidance of veterinarian Dr. Justin Shmalberg, a leading expert on dog nutrition, and offers pre-portioned, fresh food tailored to an individual dog or cats’ specific nutritional needs.

• Availability: NomNomNow offers delivery to the 48 contiguous states.

• Fresh food without the prep work: Pet food is cooked in NomNomNow’s facility using fresh restaurant quality ingredients. Each meal is delivered in a sealed, pre-portioned bag ready to be served or frozen.

• Individually formulated for your pet: NomNomNow customers are asked to fill out a pet profile that outlines the age, weight, health concerns and activity level of their pet. The profile is used to select the best formula and caloric intake for each pet’s individual needs with more detailed nutrition consultations also available.

• Options: NomNomNow offers dog food (beef, turkey, chicken, pork, egg & veggie), dog treats (human grade chicken or beef jerky) and cat food (fish, chicken).

• NomNomNow cost: Depending on the size of your pet, pricing for small dogs and cats starts around $30/week.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

NomNomNow Company Information