4.89/5
Based on 70 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NomNomNow is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Our fresh, made to order meals are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist, prepared using only human grade ingredients, portioned to meet your pet's calorie needs, and delivered directly to your door. No fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products and no measuring! Visit our website or contact us today to learn how to give the best food to your best friend!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

70 NomNomNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

So much easier for me after cooking chicken, rice and vegetables twice a week for a year. Now the luscious meals from NomNomNow save me the hassle. My two buddies both enjoy their meals. They are voracious and healthy eaters. Thank you for such a natural and helpful product.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My dogs love and I mean love this food. I’m so happy that we found this great company out of the Bay Area. They cook fresh food and deliver it to your door. They have four solid recipes that I’m able to rotate each delivery cadence. Very convenient and also healthy for my pup.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Lilly has been eating NomNomNow for the last year and half. She loves the chicken, turkey, and beef. Lilly used to get a different flavor every week but shes been on chicken only now for a while, as she prefers it more. Everyone always comments on how shiny her coat is. I swear it's the food. She likes the chicken and turkey strips. The customer service is incredible and always helpful.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

NomNomNow has really been good for Gizmo! He loves every meal, especially the beef mash! He use to graze all day, until now. He his happy for his breakfast and dinner every day! Sometimes waiting at the refrigerator. He really likes it when I warm it up in some warm water before it’s served as well.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Very satisfied with this product. I have two papillons who are extremely fussy with their food. Since switching to NNN they look forward to their meal every day. Super fresh and excellent customer service. I also work at an animal critical care hospital and NNN is my secret weapon in getting our patients to eat. My boxer was overweight and since she has been getting her preportioned food prepared for her. She is now at her ideal weight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My 4-year old greyhound, Keeva, absolutely loves the food, her favorites being the beef and the chicken. She looks great, has plenty of energy when not resting or sleeping, as that trait being common with greyhounds. I continue to recommend NomNomNow to my greyhound friends, as well as my other dog friends.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018 I adopted Oreo, a papillon mix, a little over a year ago from a local shelter. At the time I was informed that he had been abused and neglected. Love this boy but he is the pickiest eater ever. Who would think that a dog who spent the better part of his life eating other dogs poop and barely getting fed would be a picky eater.

He loves NomNomNow chicken. Just the chicken nothing else. And quite honestly in order to get him to eat it regularly I have to put a little broth on it. Trust me it’s not the broth, if I put the broth on anything else he still won’t eat it. My vet says he is wonderfully healthy and I love knowing that he’s getting a healthy diet

Original review: July 19, 2018

Harley loves his food now. The consistency is moist and soft. I was using another home delivery service like yours and the food was hard and had to dig on it to break it down. Harley had enough of the practically dry dog food. Everything else is great. So happy to see all the positive posts and the rating ConsumerAffairs gave you.

NomNomNow response

Thank you so much! We pride ourselves in delivering fresh, pre-portioned meals made just for your four-legged loved one you never have to scoop or measure and they get the nutrition that's just right for them. We truly appreciate your kind compliments :)

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 18, 2018

I received my shipment (July) and for this shipment they cut back on the amount of ice packs used to keep the shipment cold (2 small ice packs on top of shipment, 3 on bottom). Several of the meals on top of the shipment were not cool, but lukewarm. I contacted my account manager to let her know and although she was quick to respond, and stated that this was not up to their standards, they offered no real explanation for the reason this occurred. She did offer a slight discount on next order to make up for the packages that were not usable but when I asked how they would ensure this wouldn't happen again, just told me there was a "mishap" but did not offer reassurances.

Today, when I opened a pack to feed my girl (we received the porkalicious order) the pork was very pink and there were very large chunks of pork in the package. I didn't seem like the pork was chopped up or cooked long enough, in my opinion. I'm not sure if this entire order was a "mishap" but it seems to me that the quality on this order has significantly decreased (this is my 3rd order with them) I am currently looking at other options before deciding to reorder from them.

NomNomNow response

We're so sorry to hear about your poor experience! Please know your account manager noted this case directly with the operations team to look into what could have happened as there should certainly be enough ice packs to ensure your meals stay cool to the touch and fresh for your Nommer to enjoy. Additionally, we'll be taking a look at the batch your meals came from to ensure quality control is in place. We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding on our end and please know we truly appreciate the feedback you've provided us.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My dog loves NomNomNow! If you are looking for dog food to make your pup much healthier and happier then I would 100% recommend NomNomNow! I love that the food is prepared fresh and that it comes in little packages. NomNomNow is great for any dog! Mine sure loves it!

NomNomNow response

The health and happiness of our Nommers is our number one priority so thank you for all the warm compliments! Your glowing recommendation truly means the world to us :)

Original review: June 23, 2018

My dog loves the fresh food, he is a picky dog so was skeptical but loves the food and my dog looks and feels a lot better. I would highly recommend this product. I have tried multiple dog foods before and this one beats the rest.

NomNomNow response

We've won over some of the pickiest eaters so it's wonderful to know how much your picky pup loves his NomNom! Thank you so much for your kind compliments :)

Original review: June 22, 2018

My little pup Sparky is a picky eater but he loves his NomNomNow deliveries. Sparky seems much happier and healthier since we changed his diet. The deliveries are so simple and Sparky certainly enjoys them. I would recommend nomnomnow to any dog parents. Thank you!

NomNomNow response

Thank you for the kind, glowing recommendation! We truly believe our Nommers deserve the very best so it's great to know how much your picky eater loves his fresh, healthy food!

Original review: June 22, 2018

Great food for both dogs and cats. It’s fresh and always makes my pets happy! I would recommend NomNomNow to any pet owner. And the best part is that it is delivered to you with no hassles! A very great concept if you ask me.

NomNomNow response

It's great to know how much your four-legged friends love their NomNom! We're also so glad to hear you enjoy receiving it right to your door—we strive to make it as easy as possible for our pet parents to feed fresh, healthy meals :)

Original review: June 22, 2018

My dog absolutely loves NomNomNow!!! I switched him over to it several months ago and I see a huge difference! He is much more energetic and now he gets so much more excited when it is time to eat! NomNomNow really cares about their customers and I highly recommend their food to anyone who is looking to have a happier and healthier dog!

NomNomNow response

It's great to know he is seeing the health benefits a fresh food diet has to offer and is experiencing such excitement at mealtime—that's exactly why we do what we do :) Thank you for much for your glowing recommendation!

Original review: June 22, 2018

The food is great! My dog loves it and it makes me feel better that she is eating food that is healthy for her. She is always very excited to get her food. Definitely recommend NomNomNow to my friends and family.

NomNomNow response

Thank you so much for the glowing recommendation! Your pup's health and happiness are so important to us so it's great to know that she is loving her fresh, healthy food. We pride ourselves in serving meals that are delicious and nutritious so we truly appreciate your kind words :)

Original review: June 16, 2018

My dogs Punshinka and Shannon can’t get enough of NomNomNow! They have never wolfed down food quite like tasty turkey fare. They are so much more energetic and their coats look terrific. Love this product and would recommend it to anyone I know.

NomNomNow response

It's great to hear your sweet pups are enjoying their Tasty Turkey Fare and it's even better to know they're seeing the benefits a fresh diet has to offer! Their health and happiness are our number one priority so we truly appreciate your kind words :)

Original review: June 15, 2018

I am very pleased with your foods. My dogs prefer the beef & pork. There was a slight hiccup in a couple orders with nearly raw potatoes, but with Jasmine's help, the issue, I'm sure, will be resolved. I'm looking forward to many years of feeding NomNomNow.

NomNomNow response

We sincerely apologize for any bumps in your orders and we want to thank you for working with us to ensure we are serving only the best :)

Original review: June 12, 2018

First with the bad: When I signed up I was told a slightly less quote then I ended up paying. I was told roughly 40 dollars a week and that it was one of the more affordable fresh dog food on the market. It ended up around 50 a week with slight variations based on the main protein ingredient. Second, I personally think the cat food is of the highest caliber but my kitty won't eat the same flavor multiple days in a row so I had to discontinue the cat selections.

The Good: My doggy LOVES this food. This is the only reason why I am okay with the higher price in the end. She has never loved food more. And I am very happy to have variety. She had the same fresh chicken meal every day and I know it did not excite her as she would eat with half enthusiasm. Once I introduced NNN she licks the bowl clean right away, and has never needed extra motivation or assurance. She dives right in and often goes back when finished to stare at me hoping there is more. I need more time to see long-term benefits but right now I think I will stay with them as long as I can afford to.

NomNomNow response

We apologize for any confusion about the pricing, but thank you so much for understanding that there is some variability in the recipes. And we'd love to discuss some tips and tricks we have for a finicky kitty! If you're interested, please email us at care@nomnomnow.com and your personal Account Manager would love to help you out to see what we can do :) And we're so happy to hear how much your sweet girl absolutely loves her fresh, healthy food! Thank you for sharing—it makes us so happy when we hear about a sweet pup licking her bowl clean!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I give NomNomNow 5 stars! My two dogs love the food. The deliveries are always on time. I love the now hassle, no measure experience (previously I used to buy another food similar-same concept: fresh, but the food came in big bags and I had to defrost, weigh and divide in the portions for my dog(s). I have also received the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE every time I have had a question/concern. My doggies would NEVER change you NomNomNow!. Thank you.

NomNomNow response

It means the world to know how much your two sweet Nommers love their fresh, healthy food and that our pre-portioned meals work so well for you! We always strive to provide the best one-on-one personalized service so please know we truly appreciate your kinds words. We're so happy to have you and your pack as part of the NomNomNow family!

Original review: June 11, 2018

First of all, my dogs LOVE this food. They get the chicken chow wow and turkey fare. The food is healthy and the delivery is always great, never any problems. I really liked how they included the “emergency week” of food in the second delivery, that was very thoughtful and great to have. I sort of expected my dogs to lose weight after a few weeks and they haven’t but that was not a main concern of mine, they aren’t super overweight. The only downfall is the price. I have a good income but I’m finding that for two large breed dogs this is costing me more than I spend on groceries for my household. For that reason I don’t think we will continue ordering unfortunately.

NomNomNow response

It's great to hear how much your pups love their NomNom! But we're so sorry to hear you're thinking of freezing your account. Your Account Manager would be happy to discuss your pups weight loss goals as well as if there's anything we can do to help get your cost down a bit. Please know we're always here for you :)

Original review: June 10, 2018

We have enjoyed our experience with NomNomNow. Their communication is great, pricing is transparent, and service is completely personalized. They make it worth the weekly investment by being professional, high quality, and personable. Shipments are always on time and arrive cold and fresh.

NomNomNow response

Thank you for sharing your great experience! We always strive to provide the best one-on-one service with a personalized Account Manager who is always here for you and your Nommer. Your fur baby's health is our number one priority so it's important for us to not only provide fresh, healthy food, but also ensure you are receiving the attention you need :)

Original review: June 9, 2018

My dog Bentley had signs of kidney disease in his blood work 8 months ago. We put him on NomNomNow and his blood work has returned to normal levels! Not only is the food great - but I have also always had great experiences with their customer service. I highly recommend NomNomNow for a happy, healthy canine.

NomNomNow response

Thank you so much for the kind recommendation! For pups with signs or a history of kidney disease, we always have our board-certified veterinary nutritionist, Dr. Justin Shmalberg, look at lab work to ensure our fresh food diet is the best option. Our pup's health is our number one priority so we're always happy to work with a pet parent to help get their fur baby to a healthy point :)

Original review: June 8, 2018

I would highly recommend this company. We have been ordering high quality food for our fur babies for almost two years now. It has always been on time. Our pups love the variety. I have only had an issue once or twice and each time I had to call the individual on the other end was respectful, knowledgeable and was able to fix the issue immediately and without delay. I have recommended to my friends and family, and will continue to do so.

NomNomNow response

We're so glad to know how much your pups love their NomNom! We truly appreciate all your support and are happy to be of service to you and your sweet fur babies—thank you so much for being part of our family for so long :)

Original review: June 8, 2018

My dog loves this fresh food! And I love the convenience. The fresh chilled meals are packed in handy freezer bags. You can freeze what you need to freeze and leave the rest of it fresh in the fridge. It is well worth the money spent to know that my dog is eating quality, balanced meals. I wish I had known about this service sooner!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Great service! The pups couldn't be happier with the food selection and it's easy to make changes anytime. Goals can be set for weight loss or maintenance too. Very dependable each month. Customer service has been very responsive. Highly recommended!

Original review: June 8, 2018

The food delivered is top notch. My pup Oliver whines for his food and guzzles it down. I think it’s delicious! His coat is shinier, he has less allergies. Once, the delivery company misdelivered my box, and Customer service was so professional and helpful!! I would recommend NomNomNow to EVERYONE!

NomNomNow response

Thank you for the wonderful recommendation! We are so happy to have Oliver as part of our family. It's great to know just how much he loves his NomNom and, of course, that he's experiencing the benefits a fresh food diet has to offer :)

Original review: June 8, 2018

I was looking for a healthy food for my puppies and stumbled upon NomNomNow. I feel good feeding my puppies such a wholesome healthy food made with real ingredients and no junk and they absolutely love it. Delivery is fast and my food is still cold when I receive it. I recommend this food to everyone I know and plan on purchasing for a long time to come. Thank you NomNomNow for making my puppies happy and healthy!

NomNomNow response

Thank you for being part of the family! It truly warms our hearts to know how happy your puppies are and how well they are doing on their NomNom. We believe our fur babies deserve the best so we pride ourselves in serving fresh meals, made with only real, restaurant-quality ingredients that provides them with all the nutrients they need :)

Original review: June 8, 2018

You never go back. Most people now know that commercial dog food is garbage, thanks mostly to social media. But they don’t know that you can get this type of quality, delivered to your door, for less than it would cost to cook all these meals. NomNom is the best thing that ever happened to my dogs, and me! I run a nonprofit dog rescue. I work a full-time job. On a daily basis, I meet and care for senior dogs that have been neglected and abused. Finding truly nutritious meals for them is critical. Marcus came to us emaciated with a broken leg. We had to amputate... and he started having seizures. His seizure medication took away any and all appetite. But After only a few weeks on this food, he is plumping up and feeling better. (How much is that worth?)

Just knowing that I can feed my dogs something completely nutritious, without having to go grocery shopping and cook it myself, is worth more than money. They put so much care into packaging it. Each meal is carefully weighed and inspected. I currently have converted 22 families and they have the same experience. On top of all of this, they are also just a bunch of good people! A friend of mine had her box stolen off of her porch, a $72 box, and they replaced it, no questions asked... and wouldn’t even let her pay for it! They check up on Marcus to make sure he’s doing OK. (You’re not gonna get that from nasty, poisonous Purina).

My dogs are healthy with shiny coats, they never itch and they love it! If you need more of a reason to try them out and bless your beloved dog, feel free to email me **. My goal is to have as many dogs on it as possible, because The dog food industry has lost their mind and they’re not taking care of our pets. I’ll be happy to tell you how wonderful this product is. Thank you so much NomNom. Marcus wouldn’t be the same without you!

NomNomNow response

This means the absolute world to us—thank you so much for sharing your amazing story! We started NomNomNow because we truly wanted the very best for our sweet fur babies out there and we believe they deserve the healthiest. Hearing how well Marcus is doing and how much we've been a part of his journey to better health warms our hearts. Thank you again and please know we are so appreciative of your support :)

Original review: June 7, 2018

My dogs absolutely love it... They were bored with their dry food that they have been eating for 12 years. It has been amazing with their digestive system. Their poos are constantly healthy... not hard or soft but perfect. Love love this product.

NomNomNow response

Wonderful! We are happy to know how much your pups love their NomNom and how well they're doing on it—it sure sounds like they're experiencing some of the benefits a fresh food diet has to offer :)

Original review: June 7, 2018

My dog has significant allergies and has been very difficult to feed. He seems to do best on a homemade diet and until recently I was making it myself. I am so happy to have this service now- it is less expensive than making it myself and my dog LOVES mealtime now. Thank you!

NomNomNow response

We love hearing about our happy Nommers and their mealtime excitement! It's great you were home cooking previously—you've sure got one lucky pup! But we're proud to take all the guesswork out feeding fresh and save you some time and energy as well so you can spend it with your fur baby instead :)

NomNomNow expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

NomNomNow is a fresh pet food company and home delivery service founded in 2015 in the San Francisco Bay Area by Alex Jarrel, Zach Phillips and Nate Phillips. NomNomNow operates under the guidance of veterinarian Dr. Justin Shmalberg, a leading expert on dog nutrition, and offers pre-portioned, fresh food tailored to an individual dog or cats’ specific nutritional needs.

• Availability: NomNomNow offers delivery to the 48 contiguous states.

• Fresh food without the prep work: Pet food is cooked in NomNomNow’s facility using fresh restaurant quality ingredients. Each meal is delivered in a sealed, pre-portioned bag ready to be served or frozen.

• Individually formulated for your pet: NomNomNow customers are asked to fill out a pet profile that outlines the age, weight, health concerns and activity level of their pet. The profile is used to select the best formula and caloric intake for each pet’s individual needs with more detailed nutrition consultations also available.

• Options: NomNomNow offers dog food (beef, turkey, chicken, pork, egg & veggie), dog treats (human grade chicken or beef jerky) and cat food (fish, chicken).

• NomNomNow cost: Depending on the size of your pet, pricing for small dogs and cats starts around $30/week.

• Best for: Pets who struggle with traditional store-bought kibble, pets with weight loss goals, pets with immune disorders and other health problems.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

NomNomNow Company Information

2015
www.nomnomnow.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business