4.3/5 (346 ratings)

About Nom Nom

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog. Its fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives or byproducts. All meals are prepared using fresh, whole ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs and are delivered directly to your door.

Pros

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food

Cons

• Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking quality, fresh food for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your pet.

Top Nom Nom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Verified

Since I've been using it, my dog literally dances every time I pull one of those packets out of their fridge. I love the fact that Nom Nom is using fresh ingredients. When I look ...

Verified

I have two German Shepherds and [since] using it, we've noticed that in one of them the hair has gotten softer. There is also a little bit of weight on her where she was having tr...

How does Nom Nom work?

Nom Nom is a meal delivery service for your pet. The made-to-order meals use fresh, real ingredients and come in pre-portioned pouches that are delivered straight to your door. To get started, fill out a short quiz on Nom Nom’s website and answer a few questions about your pet, including their age, weight and activity level.

Nom Nom then matches you with a recommended recipe and serving size for your pet. The company cooks meals on a weekly basis, but you can get weekly, biweekly or monthly deliveries of meals based on your preferences. You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.

Nom Nom ingredients

Nom Nom’s pet food is formulated to exceed the quality standards set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and is approved for all breed sizes and every stage of life. The food does not contain preservatives, artificial flavoring or coloring common in many store-bought dog foods. The company is transparent about its recipes — a full ingredient list and guaranteed analysis are readily available for any product.

Nom Nom offers a variety of recipe options for your dog. Choose between beef, chicken, turkey or pork for your pup. The table below lists ingredients and the guaranteed analysis of crude protein, crude fat, crude fiber and crude moisture for each recipe.

Dog food recipes

nomnomnow heartland beef mash
BEEF MASH
  • Ingredients: Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, egg, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 8% min.
  • Fat: 4% min.
  • Moisture: 77% max.
nomnomnow chicken chow wow
CHICKEN CUISINE
  • Ingredients: Diced chicken, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, spinach, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 8.5% min.
  • Fat: 6% min.
  • Moisture: 77% max.
nomnomnow porkalicious potluck
PORK POTLUCK
  • Ingredients: Pork, potatoes, kale, green beans, mushrooms, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 7% min.
  • Fat: 5% min.
  • Fiber: 2% max.
  • Moisture: 75% max.
nomnomnow tasty turkey
TURKEY FARE
  • Ingredients: Ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, egg, fish oil and Nutrient Mix
  • Protein: 10% min.
  • Fat: 5% min.
  • Moisture: 72% max.

Nom Nom price

Your pet's size determines the cost of Nom Nom’s service. We ran a few options through the online quiz and came up with an average price between $67 and $175 for a biweekly plan. We were provided a 20% off coupon for our first purchase, making the total just over $50 for an 8-pound dog.

The company also offers half portions, which helps reduce the cost for customers who supplement their dog’s regular food with higher-quality recipes. Nom Nom's website has a chat feature that lets you speak with nutrition consultants to get more information on portions and prices or get a quote for your pet's meals.

Dog sizeCost every two weeks
8 pounds$66.94
40 pounds$134.12
70 pounds$175.47

Nom Nom FAQ

What other products does Nom Nom offer?

In addition to dog meal plans, Nom Nom offers the following products for purchase on its website:

• Nom Nom supplements: The company sells full-spectrum and GI-targeted probiotics to help boost or rebalance your dog’s digestive and immune systems. The company charges $40 for a 30-day supply and provides free shipping.
  • Nom Nom microbiome testing kit: Microbiome testing helps you understand your dog’s stomach health and pinpoint the cause of any digestive, skin, immune system or weight issues. The test gives you a detailed analysis of bacteria in your pet’s gut and provides suggestions for how to improve gut health in your pet. Kits are $35.
Is Nom Nom raw?

Nom Nom is not raw; it is precooked.

Do you have to cook Nom Nom?

Nom Nom is precooked and ready to serve. The company recommends you not heat the food unless you choose to freeze it before serving. Additional cook time can degrade the nutrients in the food.

What is the Nom Nom Nutrient Mix?

Each of the four dog food recipes includes a nutrient mix, which contains vitamins and minerals crucial to your dog’s health and development. Each recipe is veterinarian-formulated and includes only naturally occurring nutrients — the company never uses artificial supplements. The nutrient mix consists of the following ingredients:

• Vitamin D
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Choline
  • Taurine
How do I cancel my Nom Nom account?

You can cancel or reschedule your order from your online account or by emailing or calling Nom Nom’s care team. You must cancel before your next delivery’s order deadline to avoid being charged.

Has there ever been a Nom Nom recall?

In 2021 Nom Nom had its first recall. The recall was for the Chicken Cuisine cat food recipe, which is no longer offered.

Can I do a Nom Nom trial?

You can get a 20% discount off your first two weeks of food to see if it’s the right fit for your dog. If it’s not, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time.

Is Nom Nom good for dogs?

If you’re looking for quality food for your pup, we think Nom Nom is an excellent choice. The recipes are backed by a veterinary nutritionist and formulated to exceed current pet food quality standards. The pre-portioned meals provide your dog with fresh ingredients filled with the nutrients they need to thrive. Nom Nom is a great option for anyone who wants to feed their pet a fresh-food diet but doesn’t have the time for cooking meals.

Nom Nom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Nom Nom is the closest thing to dog food that my dog will eat. She is VERY picky and will often go 2 or 3 days without eating-even the Nom Nom. I have tried all the tips, but the tips are written by people not a persnickety 8 pound Chihuahua with a mind of her own. With all that said Nom Nom is a life saver in that at least she is eating something good and good for her.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I am soo happy I chose Nom Nom.. My dogs love it! The ingredients are all natural.. Heck, we could eat it! I have tried food for dogs and my dogs turned their noses with it. Comes packaged to keep food fresh, so if you're not home for delivery, no problem, food will be fine until you arrive. Thanks Nom Nom for supplying the best ingredients.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Very satisfied with the food that I get for Trevor. His skin has improved. He’s not itching is much is a happier and healthier dog. If I have any questions or problems, I always call and it’s rectified right away. My deliveries come on time. They’re packed well because I work crazy hours that the food is still cold when I get home. I’m just Eleanor satisfy all.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I have tried almost all of the dog food delivery companies and Nom Nom is by far the best quality. It looks like real human grade food and not just frozen mush shoved into a container. I like how the portions are individually packaged and I don’t have to cut the portion in half for two feedings a day. The only complaint is that sometimes to pull corner on the package doesn’t open it and I have to cut it open with a knife. My dog loves it and she has shiny coat and sheds less.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Honestly we feel so happy to have found and loved NomNom. We tried so so many different brands for our picky pup and truly he loves it. Couldn’t be happier with our decision! The whole ordering system is easy and reliable which is huge- we always know the order will arrive and it always arrives in time so we never run out. Customer service is amazing. The only downside is that it is expensive for sure and at the limit of what we would buy.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I've been subscribing to Nom Nom's home delivery service for dog food since 2020. For the first year or so, it was excellent. Great service, the food always came frozen, on time, and in the correct amounts. My dog loved the food. It was pricy, but worth the expense. Since early last year (2022, around the time Nom Nom sold for $1B to Mars), the quality has progressively deteriorated to the point where we're sadly phasing our dog off of this food.

They have reduced the available portions/packaging sizes and raised prices dramatically. Big bummer, but since we could afford the expense we maintained our subscription. But the problems have been many. The deliveries are no longer frozen when they arrive, which leads me to question the food safety. The meal packaging itself is so terrible that it often has holes (fully open in places, this cannot be food-safe) and/or leaks everywhere when it thaws (both in the package when it's delivered and in the fridge).

The ratios of ingredients are now all over the place, never consistent. There will be packages that are obviously mostly potatoes w/ little meat. The mentions of human-grade food have been scrubbed from their website and it's obvious the meat in the food is lower quality - the chicken is sometimes a gnarly grey color and my dog doesn't even want to eat it, meat is gristly and with tendon/skin, comes in huge chunks that we have to cut so our dog doesn't choke, etc. None of this was ever a problem before.

We've also had repeated issues with not enough food being shipped... way less weight per package than promised on the packaging/order - more than the +/-10g variable promised - and/or not as many packages included in the shipment as we've paid for. We've run out of food multiple times in recent months. So we're getting ripped off, paying the hiked prices for amounts of food we're not even receiving.

It's honestly such a huge bummer because this was an excellent brand and excellent food before and now it's an expensive headache. There are too many competitors with high quality and competitive prices to keep giving Nom Nom the benefit of the doubt after an entire year of deteriorating quality and service. Sad to say all of this, but it's true. :(

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

My dog loves the food. The portions are very generous so I've cut back because she started gaining weight and does not need to. My only complaint is the packaging is hard to open! Generally very happy. I paused my subscription so we can catch up.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I’ve been a customer since 10/2021. The first few months were great. Food/delivery/customer service all excellent. Then things started to go south… meal packs that were way under (or over) the indicated weight, missing meal packs, late delivery, bad packaging with thin plastic that were prone to tearing when unpacking the deliveries, meals that had mostly potatoes with a tiny bit of meat, and the coup de grace - spoiled BLACK potatoes pieces in the beef mash meal. Then I discovered this company was acquired by Mars, Inc. back in Jan. So I suspect this may be the reason for all the issues. Also, their pricing structure has changed since July. I had 2 dogs on a bi-weekly delivery plan and received a $70 increase ($140/month). So sad to see what happens to a small company when a big corporation takes over.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I’ll start with my dogs love the Nom Nom food. But for two little dogs it’s 330 bucks a month and the last 4 months the delivery has been wrong every time. The wrong number of meals and missing meals. And then it takes 30 plus minutes to sort it out with their customer service. The first 3 times it was wrong they said I’d receive a discount on the following month which I never received. It started out great for over a year and then all of a sudden the packaging changed and every month has been wrong in some way since. So something changed in their process or quality control. I’m happy to pay that much for my dog's food, but I’m going to look for another service.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Several orders have been late, with no accurate tracking information available. This is an issue because we are always at risk of running out of food for our pet. Some of the bags are poorly packaged and leak when thawed (not just condensation as the liquid that leaks is brownish in color from the food). Customer service is poor - today I requested an extra two weeks of food in my next order. The rep said he added it, and my next order would be delivered three weeks after that. When asked why I would receive 6 weeks of food and then another 4 weeks of food 3 weeks thereafter, he had no answer.

Nom Nom Company Information