Call toll free
4.91/5
Based on 55 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NomNomNow provides healthy & fresh meals for your dogs or cats. Our meals are made to order based on your pet’s weight, age and health condition. Your meals will be delivered free of charge only a few days after they have been freshly prepared by our professional chef and formulated by our veterinary nutritionist Dr. Justin Shmalberg. Visit our website to learn more and save 50% off your first order!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

55 NomNomNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

My dogs Punshinka and Shannon can’t get enough of NomNomNow! They have never wolfed down food quite like tasty turkey fare. They are so much more energetic and their coats look terrific. Love this product and would recommend it to anyone I know.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I am very pleased with your foods. My dogs prefer the beef & pork. There was a slight hiccup in a couple orders with nearly raw potatoes, but with Jasmine's help, the issue, I'm sure, will be resolved. I'm looking forward to many years of feeding NomNomNow.

Original review: June 12, 2018

First with the bad: When I signed up I was told a slightly less quote then I ended up paying. I was told roughly 40 dollars a week and that it was one of the more affordable fresh dog food on the market. It ended up around 50 a week with slight variations based on the main protein ingredient. Second, I personally think the cat food is of the highest caliber but my kitty won't eat the same flavor multiple days in a row so I had to discontinue the cat selections.

The Good: My doggy LOVES this food. This is the only reason why I am okay with the higher price in the end. She has never loved food more. And I am very happy to have variety. She had the same fresh chicken meal every day and I know it did not excite her as she would eat with half enthusiasm. Once I introduced NNN she licks the bowl clean right away, and has never needed extra motivation or assurance. She dives right in and often goes back when finished to stare at me hoping there is more. I need more time to see long-term benefits but right now I think I will stay with them as long as I can afford to.

NomNomNow response

We apologize for any confusion about the pricing, but thank you so much for understanding that there is some variability in the recipes. And we'd love to discuss some tips and tricks we have for a finicky kitty! If you're interested, please email us at care@nomnomnow.com and your personal Account Manager would love to help you out to see what we can do :) And we're so happy to hear how much your sweet girl absolutely loves her fresh, healthy food! Thank you for sharing—it makes us so happy when we hear about a sweet pup licking her bowl clean!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I give NomNomNow 5 stars! My two dogs love the food. The deliveries are always on time. I love the now hassle, no measure experience (previously I used to buy another food similar-same concept: fresh, but the food came in big bags and I had to defrost, weigh and divide in the portions for my dog(s). I have also received the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE every time I have had a question/concern. My doggies would NEVER change you NomNomNow!. Thank you.

NomNomNow response

It means the world to know how much your two sweet Nommers love their fresh, healthy food and that our pre-portioned meals work so well for you! We always strive to provide the best one-on-one personalized service so please know we truly appreciate your kinds words. We're so happy to have you and your pack as part of the NomNomNow family!

Original review: June 11, 2018

First of all, my dogs LOVE this food. They get the chicken chow wow and turkey fare. The food is healthy and the delivery is always great, never any problems. I really liked how they included the “emergency week” of food in the second delivery, that was very thoughtful and great to have. I sort of expected my dogs to lose weight after a few weeks and they haven’t but that was not a main concern of mine, they aren’t super overweight. The only downfall is the price. I have a good income but I’m finding that for two large breed dogs this is costing me more than I spend on groceries for my household. For that reason I don’t think we will continue ordering unfortunately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: June 10, 2018

We have enjoyed our experience with NomNomNow. Their communication is great, pricing is transparent, and service is completely personalized. They make it worth the weekly investment by being professional, high quality, and personable. Shipments are always on time and arrive cold and fresh.

NomNomNow response

Thank you for sharing your great experience! We always strive to provide the best one-on-one service with a personalized Account Manager who is always here for you and your Nommer. Your fur baby's health is our number one priority so it's important for us to not only provide fresh, healthy food, but also ensure you are receiving the attention you need :)

Original review: June 9, 2018

My dog Bentley had signs of kidney disease in his blood work 8 months ago. We put him on NomNomNow and his blood work has returned to normal levels! Not only is the food great - but I have also always had great experiences with their customer service. I highly recommend NomNomNow for a happy, healthy canine.

NomNomNow response

Thank you so much for the kind recommendation! For pups with signs or a history of kidney disease, we always have our board-certified veterinary nutritionist, Dr. Justin Shmalberg, look at lab work to ensure our fresh food diet is the best option. Our pup's health is our number one priority so we're always happy to work with a pet parent to help get their fur baby to a healthy point :)

Original review: June 8, 2018

I would highly recommend this company. We have been ordering high quality food for our fur babies for almost two years now. It has always been on time. Our pups love the variety. I have only had an issue once or twice and each time I had to call the individual on the other end was respectful, knowledgeable and was able to fix the issue immediately and without delay. I have recommended to my friends and family, and will continue to do so.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My dog loves this fresh food! And I love the convenience. The fresh chilled meals are packed in handy freezer bags. You can freeze what you need to freeze and leave the rest of it fresh in the fridge. It is well worth the money spent to know that my dog is eating quality, balanced meals. I wish I had known about this service sooner!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Great service! The pups couldn't be happier with the food selection and it's easy to make changes anytime. Goals can be set for weight loss or maintenance too. Very dependable each month. Customer service has been very responsive. Highly recommended!

Original review: June 8, 2018

The food delivered is top notch. My pup Oliver whines for his food and guzzles it down. I think it’s delicious! His coat is shinier, he has less allergies. Once, the delivery company misdelivered my box, and Customer service was so professional and helpful!! I would recommend NomNomNow to EVERYONE!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I was looking for a healthy food for my puppies and stumbled upon NomNomNow. I feel good feeding my puppies such a wholesome healthy food made with real ingredients and no junk and they absolutely love it. Delivery is fast and my food is still cold when I receive it. I recommend this food to everyone I know and plan on purchasing for a long time to come. Thank you NomNomNow for making my puppies happy and healthy!

Original review: June 8, 2018

You never go back. Most people now know that commercial dog food is garbage, thanks mostly to social media. But they don’t know that you can get this type of quality, delivered to your door, for less than it would cost to cook all these meals. NomNom is the best thing that ever happened to my dogs, and me! I run a nonprofit dog rescue. I work a full-time job. On a daily basis, I meet and care for senior dogs that have been neglected and abused. Finding truly nutritious meals for them is critical. Marcus came to us emaciated with a broken leg. We had to amputate... and he started having seizures. His seizure medication took away any and all appetite. But After only a few weeks on this food, he is plumping up and feeling better. (How much is that worth?)

Just knowing that I can feed my dogs something completely nutritious, without having to go grocery shopping and cook it myself, is worth more than money. They put so much care into packaging it. Each meal is carefully weighed and inspected. I currently have converted 22 families and they have the same experience. On top of all of this, they are also just a bunch of good people! A friend of mine had her box stolen off of her porch, a $72 box, and they replaced it, no questions asked... and wouldn’t even let her pay for it! They check up on Marcus to make sure he’s doing OK. (You’re not gonna get that from nasty, poisonous Purina).

My dogs are healthy with shiny coats, they never itch and they love it! If you need more of a reason to try them out and bless your beloved dog, feel free to email me **. My goal is to have as many dogs on it as possible, because The dog food industry has lost their mind and they’re not taking care of our pets. I’ll be happy to tell you how wonderful this product is. Thank you so much NomNom. Marcus wouldn’t be the same without you!

Original review: June 7, 2018

My dogs absolutely love it... They were bored with their dry food that they have been eating for 12 years. It has been amazing with their digestive system. Their poos are constantly healthy... not hard or soft but perfect. Love love this product.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My dog has significant allergies and has been very difficult to feed. He seems to do best on a homemade diet and until recently I was making it myself. I am so happy to have this service now- it is less expensive than making it myself and my dog LOVES mealtime now. Thank you!

Original review: June 7, 2018

My dogs were gaining weight and began getting really lazy. My dog Rico can get really bad pancreatitis, he hasn't had one symptom since he started having NomNom. I also notice both of my dogs' coats are soft an shiny. My other dog Lola loves dinner time and does her happy dance. I cannot say enough about NomNom, I tell everyone about it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We tried the whole raw diet thing with our dog for about 3 months and it just became too expensive and a lot of work. NomNomNow is our savior and I love that it is created by a vet! Now our dog can still get healthy food and we do 0 of the work!

Original review: June 7, 2018

A few months ago I started feeding my Shih Tzu Zoey NomNomNow and she loves it. She is only 18 months old, and I feel so much better knowing that she is eating healthy. This food even smells good, which also makes it easier for me to feed her, as you all know how some of those other wet foods smell! I like how it is portioned out for her wait, so I am not overfeeding her. Also the best, is the delivery... no more going to the store for her food. I recommend NomNomNow to everyone who has a dog or cat family member in their life - They Will Love It!

Original review: June 7, 2018

NomNomNow makes a great product. My dog loves the food, it's healthy, and it's really convenient! It's on the pricey side, but I use it with kibble, and you can customize the size, or just use half of a package. This company's customer service really shines! I've had to contact them several times when I've missed a deadline, and a real person (a friendly one!) has always either answered, or called me back quickly to solve my problem. One time a box arrived warm (issues with the shipping company, not NomNom) and they sent a whole new box!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I can't say enough good things about the Tasty Turkey Fare that I've been feeding my pooch since January. He absolutely LOVES it and devours it the second I set his bowl down. When I was feeding him dry kibble, he'd only nibble on it here or there through the day. It makes me feel good to give him such a treat that he's excited about! I also feel very confident that I'm giving him truly healthy, nutritious food that will benefit him as he gets older. He's 8-1/2 now, and I want to do everything I can to maintain his joint health, muscle tone, weight, teeth, and coat. His digestive system accepts the food quite well and his energy level is great.

As for the company, the customer service has been flawless and I haven't had any problems with my deliveries. Any questions I've had have been answered thoughtfully and I appreciate all the follow-up. Everyone that I've spoken to has been very pleasant and seems genuinely interested in providing the best possible food for our four-legged friends. I'm looking forward to continuing my shipments, and I know my dog is too!! Thanks for everything!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I started using NomNom when a friend referred me. I have a rescue pup who was seriously overweight and I was attempting to get her healthy. I spoke with their team and we put a plan together. My pup LOVES her food and is down 10 lbs. My vet is very pleased and approves as well. The customer service team is one of the best I have ever dealt with!! I would Highly recommend NomNom to anyone who wants high quality, fresh food for their fur babies! I have referred them to several of my friends and family and they all love it!

Original review: June 7, 2018

Bottom line, Bodhi’s horrible gas is gone! End of story. And we were previously feeding him a top rated limited ingredient quality kibble. Feels so great to put NomNom yummy looking food in the dog bowls every meal. The customer service has been super responsive and answers all my questions! Wish NomNom was around years ago. Keep it coming. Thanks NomNom!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

Good communication and excellent service. Fast expedient delivery. No issues thus far and my fur babies love their food. I could not be any more happier with the service that is provided. Thank you for all the hard work and great customer service.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My pack loves the Beef, they are pooping less, shiny coats, tons of energy! It’s super convenient as it arrives at your door and it already comes portioned. Will not feed my bulldogs anything else. One of my pups has allergies and this food is vet approved by my vet.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Our Lucy loves her meals! Finishes every little bit but has somehow found a way to push the peas aside. She gobbles it up so fast I feel like giving her another portion. I don't but she gives those eyes. I love the convenience but most of all the fresh food of which I'm certain is not byproduct. When I see all the recalls of dog food I'm sooo thankful we do not have to worry about it. Thanks NomNom!

Original review: June 7, 2018

Recommend to Everyone especially senior dogs. My Ace hadn’t been well for about 2 years. After about $2000 with vet visits and a ton of tests we could find nothing wrong with him. I decided to research and find a great food for him. Found NomNomNow. That was about 6 months ago. Ace just had his 14th birthday and is doing great. All previous issues are gone. I thank NomNomNow for his 14th birthday and plan a trip to Monterey with Ace this month. He hasn’t been well enough to go for 2 years.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My cocker spaniel, Odie, was diagnosed with atypical Cushing's hormone imbalance and SARD and a fresh, home-cooked diet was recommended for him. Since switching, his coat is so much softer, he is no longer overweight, and his allergies are under control. He is a Nommer for life!

Original review: June 7, 2018

Yummy NomNomNow is what I think my dog is saying at every meal time, if he could open the packets by himself I think he would. His coat appears to be more silky, the jerky he also absolutely loves, again if he could open these packets he would.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Happy with the experience, quality of food and delivery options. The only reason why I gave 4 stars is because there could be improvement for the packaging. It's hard to open, the 'tear off' opening is not so easy to rip off and when it's opened, the opening doesn't opened all the way to the end of the package but rather opened upwards where the bag is still sealed.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Couldn't be happier, I was with another company and didn't receive the customer service help as quickly as needed as well as problems with food quality. Customer's service is great and food is quality is really good. My dog has improved on this meal plan.

NomNomNow expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

NomNomNow is a fresh pet food company and home delivery service founded in 2015 in the San Francisco Bay Area by Alex Jarrel, Zach Phillips and Nate Phillips. NomNomNow operates under the guidance of veterinarian Dr. Justin Shmalberg, a leading expert on dog nutrition, and offers pre-portioned, fresh food tailored to an individual dog or cats’ specific nutritional needs.

• Availability: NomNomNow offers delivery to the 48 contiguous states.

• Fresh food without the prep work: Pet food is cooked in NomNomNow’s facility using fresh restaurant quality ingredients. Each meal is delivered in a sealed, pre-portioned bag ready to be served or frozen.

• Individually formulated for your pet: NomNomNow customers are asked to fill out a pet profile that outlines the age, weight, health concerns and activity level of their pet. The profile is used to select the best formula and caloric intake for each pet’s individual needs with more detailed nutrition consultations also available.

• Options: NomNomNow offers dog food (beef, turkey, chicken, pork, egg & veggie), dog treats (human grade chicken or beef jerky) and cat food (fish, chicken).

• NomNomNow cost: Depending on the size of your pet, pricing for small dogs and cats starts around $30/week.

• Best for: Pets who struggle with traditional store-bought kibble, pets with weight loss goals, pets with immune disorders and other health problems.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

NomNomNow Company Information