3.6/5 (619 ratings)

About Diamond Pet Foods

Diamond dog food specializes in nutrient-rich formulas that contain healthy levels of protein, fiber, fat and probiotics to support pet growth, energy and digestive health. Diamond dog food is formulated with ingredients such as beef, pork, chicken and salmon that contain high levels of protein, and the company provides specific recipes for all sizes of dogs and each stage of a pet’s life.

Pros

• Grain-free formula available
  • Wide range of special formulas
  • Available online from retailers
  • Guaranteed probiotics in all recipes

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Only sold at authorized retailers

Bottom Line

Diamond dog food offers a wide range of highly nutritious formulas for all stages of a dog’s life. Diamond can be pricier than other brands, but each formula provides essential nutrients not found in some pet foods.

Top Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have four German Shepherds and they can be a little sensitive to different foods … It’s the only food that they’ll stay on consistently … My long coat shepherd's coat looks so m...

Verified

All my dogs seems to do good on Diamond Pet Food and I recommend it. It’s good food at a good reasonable price. I have Yorkies and Shih Tzus. I use the Puppy on all my puppies and...

Diamond Naturals dog food

What is Diamond dog food?

Diamond dog food creates nutrient-rich pet food formulas designed for pets in all stages of life. The company works to keep prices down while offering high-quality ingredients. Diamond conducts regular rigorous quality tests in its facilities to ensure products are safe for pet consumption.

Its product lines include Diamond, Diamond Naturals, Diamond CARE and Diamond Pro89. Pro89 is rich in proteins and amino acids from grains, pork and beef and contains glucosamine and chondroitin. Diamond CARE is a line of four specialized diets for sensitive skin, renal formula, sensitive stomach or weight management.

Diamond puppy food

Diamond puppy food supports brain and vision development, and it helps dogs maintain shiny coats and healthy skin. It contains omega-3 fatty acid DHA from salmon oil, which is also suitable for nursing dogs.

The puppy formula also contains 80 colony-forming units per pound of probiotics to support healthy digestion, and antioxidants such as vitamin E help develop a puppy’s immune system. Ingredients include chicken, whole-grain corn, wheat, chicken fat, beet pulp, egg and flaxseed. The Diamond Naturals line also offers options for puppies.

Diamond Naturals dog food

Diamond Naturals is a complete line of canned food, dry kibble and treats made with vegetables and fruits, cage-free chicken, pasture-raised beef and lamb and real salmon. Diamond Naturals includes food formulated for:

• Adult dogs
  • Puppies
  • Athletic dogs
  • Large breeds
  • Small breeds
  • Senior dogs
  • Light diets

Diamond Naturals are formulated with superfoods, including quinoa, chia seed, kale and spinach, that are high in nutritional value. All recipes contain probiotics for digestive support.

The company also sells treats with lamb, beef, chicken or peanut butter.

Diamond dog food price

Diamond dog food ranges in price based on the formula and product line. Diamond Naturals products are pricier than other lines produced by the company.

The popular Diamond Naturals chicken or lamb and rice dry food for all life stages is priced at $36.99 for a 40-pound bag, and the grain-free option is also $36.99 for a 40-pound supply. A 12-can case of Diamond Naturals wet food beef dinner for adults and puppies is $23.88. A 16-ounce bag of Diamond Naturals peanut butter treats is $5.99.

Diamond Dog Food FAQ

Who owns Diamond dog food?
Schell & Kampeter Inc. owns Diamond Pet Foods.
Who sells Diamond dog food?
Diamond dog food is available online from Chewy, Amazon, Naturally Unleashed, Tractor Supply Co. and PetFlow. You can also buy it from authorized retailers in your area, including veterinarian offices, pet stores or feed and supply stores.
What brands does Diamond dog food make?
Diamond dog food makes Diamond, Diamond Naturals, Diamond CARE and Diamond Pro89. Schell & Kampeter, Diamond’s parent company, also manufactures Taste of the Wild pet food.
Is Diamond dog food grain free?
The Skin & Coat All Life Stages Dog Salmon & Potato formula of Diamond Naturals dog food is grain free. Diamond Naturals contain rice, oatmeal and other grains.

Is Diamond dog food good?

While Diamond dog food isn’t the cheapest pet food available, all formulas contain probiotics for pet digestive health. For pets that require special diets, Diamond has a wide range of formulas to choose from. The Diamond Naturals line contains superfoods rich in nutrients not typically found in pet food.

Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2022

I changed dog food from Pedigree to Diamond HI-Energy due to the supply chain issues with Pedigree. I have 5 dogs all around 80lbs. each. I buy 100lbs every two weeks. With that said I have been buying it for about 6 months so that would equal 1,200lbs of food. My dogs' coats have improved, their body form has improved and they are more playful. My vet even noticed. He asked what I was doing different, I said " Diamond Hi-Energy" dog food instead of Pedigree.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I use the salmon and rice formula and my dogs seem to enjoy it. It works for me. I also breed dogs and I'd really like that Diamond would offer 7-pound bags that I could send home with the families. They don't do it in our formula that we use. Also, it would be nice if the samples that they give to the breeder, they would include those in every formula, not just the All Life Stages because it's not formulated for every breed. Nonetheless, I'll continue to use Diamond unless I have an issue.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I use Diamond Pet Foods on all my Dachshunds and Bullies and I get samples from them. 80% of my customers stick with the Diamond puppy food. We've tried lots of other food and I like Diamond. I like the size of it and the dogs don’t overeat with the food. It's filling and it gives them enough to keep them satisfied. The dogs have more energy, shinier coats and healthy nails. I'm constantly trimming their fingernails. I don't have any trouble and the dogs get good stools. The bags tend to tear a little easily though. I've gotten a few bags of dog food and I go to get them out and the bags tear. But other than that, I don't have any problem with the look and the size they offer because I buy the biggest bags. And normally, I buy quite a bit at one time.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We were raising Miniature Schnauzers and one of our mamas to the litter had a calcium problem. We switched to Diamond Pet Foods and since then she has not had it. So, we prefer the food better and we've been using it for four years now. Our dogs don't tolerate dry food, so Diamond food was a game changer when we switched. We use the Diamond Puppy and the Lamb & Rice. We have different dog breeds and some of them don't tolerate chicken. So, we just stick with lamb. Diamond dog food has completely changed our dogs, too. Our oldest Schnauzer went from having a weight varying from skin and bones, to a little chunky, to being plump. Also, his hair’s really thick and nice compared to before.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I like Diamond and my dogs don't have gas on it like a lot of the bulldogs do and they eat it. Right now, I'm using the Diamond Natural Chicken and Rice All Stage. The Diamond puppy food that I had the puppies on was for nursing moms and puppies. One of my females was getting a little too fat with it. So we switched to the Diamond Natural and she's doing great on it now. It keeps them healthy and it's good for them. I like it.

I buy all my Diamond food from Tractor Supply and I asked them about getting with Diamond for samples for me, and they said that they don't have a way to do that, so I just send the puppies home with Ziploc bags of the Diamond food because I don't know how to get the samples other than reaching back out to Diamond and having them send them. But by the time I remembered, it was too late.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I have been using Diamond now for about 5 years. I use it on all our dogs. I breed Teddy Bears and Pomeranians and use the small breed puppy naturals for all our pups, they just love the food and grow so nicely. I also use puppy food on the moms. They don’t lose weight while nursing.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Nothing bad to say at all. They make top quality products at a good price. I would recommend them to anyone who has a dog and wants to feed them good quality food with very good ingredients. With Diamond you can not go wrong.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I have a Cocker that was on Diamond Puppy food, and I asked them to send me samples for she just turned a year old. I had a sample of Salmon and Potato by Diamond Naturals. She is eating it now she loves it thank you for your sample!

Original review: July 20, 2022

Best dog food ever for my German Shepherd. Loves the taste and ingredients don't have anything bad in it. The best thing is when she goes to the bathroom there is very little smell. She has plenty of energy and her coat is silky smooth. Would definitely recommend.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Our dog {Snooki} is part of our family! When you compare ingredients & price with the others, it's my choice! We farm & ranch. We are very concerned about what our animals are fed. The results are obvious. I don't plan on feeding her any other brand or product.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information