2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
Accredited Partner

Shop on Chewy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.72/5

Looking for a new brand of food for your pet? Diamond Pet Foods offers a variety of dry & canned food, as well as treats made specifically for your dogs. Our food is made from high-quality ingredients in order to give your dog the best nutrition possible. Visit our website today to learn more about our products & ingredients!

View More View More
Diamond Pet Foods Shop on Chewy

Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 30, 2020

I like the Diamond Naturals, that’s what I was doing at. I started all my puppies with that, which I still recommend them being on the puppy food, the Diamond Natural Puppy for all the puppies. Diamond own Taste of the Wild as well. And then, they came up with the Taste of the Wild Prey. So, I switched from Diamond Naturals to Prey. If you get any picky eater, you give them Diamond Naturals and I guarantee they'll eat it. After my puppies were born, I had a professional photographer take pictures with the Diamond Natural dog food bags there with them. It was really cute. A guy just came on Saturday and picked up some cat food and he said, “All my cats won’t eat anything.” They're indoor cats. I said, “Try the Diamond Naturals Indoor cat food.” And he said, “They won’t eat it.” I said, “Yes, they will.” So, he took it. I haven’t heard from him yet. But I’ll guarantee, they absolutely love it.

I have Labradors and German Shepherds. I did large breeds. So, I do all the Diamond Naturals Large Breed. I don't breed anymore. I work with rescues now. I did the two litters because I only bred my female every two years, and I only do two litters. A lot of people don’t. They breed them every single heat and the poor things can’t regenerate, and there were just so many rescues out there. So, I thought, “There is no sense me breeding anymore.” I didn't wanna get into buying new dogs to breed. So, I found the shepherd mix. And so, I’ve been doing them now since 2013, I’ve been working with rescues.

People come to me and they go, “Wow, do you oil down your dogs? Their coats are so shiny.” I said, “It’s Diamond Naturals.” It makes their coat extremely shiny. In fact, I have quite a few articles on my website about Diamond Naturals. I have a paper that I give to every single one of my clients that come that I have printed out on, “Why Diamond Naturals.” Number one is the ingredients from USA and made in USA. They go, “Well, the other ones are made in USA.” They go, “Oh, but we should get Blue Buffalo.” I said, “Yeah, I looked at that too because their marketing is really good. However, yes, they are made in USA, but their ingredients come from China. I’d rather get Diamond Naturals.” I’ve made a lot of really fancy marketing things of Diamond Naturals.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I'm a breeder and I have a few litters each year. And when you're dealing with Siberian Huskies, they're actually very sensitive to different foods. You need a food that’s high in protein and low in filler, because they don’t tolerate large quantities, but they're very active and they need a lot of high energy. Even though the Siberian Huskies are fairly large dogs, they typically, by and large, eat less than dogs their same size. I needed a high energy food and I never had real good luck with some of the same diets.

I used to use Nutro Natural and it used to used to have a high energy. They labeled it as high energy, that was similar in the formula to the Chicken and Rice Diamond Formula. Nutro Natural started playing around with their chicken and rice formula and at that time, it was recommended that I try the Diamond. I had also tried Taste of the Wild in the past, but it was a little bit too rich for my dogs and they ended up getting diarrhea. So, I personally have been using Diamond Chicken and Rice All Stages formula for almost 5 years now. I currently have 8 Siberian Huskies and they're all doing very well on it. I found that the dogs are getting enough nutrition on a smaller volume. Their stools are good, their health is good, the puppies grow well, and my overall adult health has been good.

Once the puppies get to the point where they're taking solid food, they start on Diamond. I've been using the same food for the puppies after they're about 4 or 5 weeks old. Then I found out that Diamond has a sample program and I was very excited about that ‘cause I used to give samples. Since the last few months, I’m in the program now where I get samples from the company and so I'm handing some samples and brochures with the last litter. But I have to put them in plastic bags since I didn’t have the actual sample bags that they provide. Also, the only problem I ran into is that there are not a lot of retail outlets in Tucson, Arizona. We even lost a pet food chain that was carrying it. They don’t carry it at either PetSmart or Petco. I'm getting it through Chewy’s at the moment, and that’s working out well for me.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I breed corgis and the last litter that I did, I sent them home with Diamond samples. I've got a litter that's going home on February 22nd and 23rd and I will send samples home so that they can continue on with the food that I'm feeding them. Then I bought my puppy food from my local Tractor Supply but I didn't but it in bulk.

I would love to find a way to buy in bulk. The 40-pound bags of puppy food is 36 dollars for a bag. I'm feeding 19 puppies two to three times a day so I'm running into some money. My vet tried to get me to use Science Diet before and I bought four bags from her. It was cheaper because it was just a plain bag. I don't like it though so I don't feed it. But if Diamond could produce something that was less expensive and that saves me money, I'd love that. I want good food for my dogs but I do everything professionally and I don't cut corners. It would help me if I could save more money on their food. The supplier that I checked with and got it from gave me a little discount because I bought 52 bags at once and it was a pallet-full.

I’m happy with the food. Before I changed to Diamond, I've had Authority puppy food and I always used the chicken and rice. My dogs have all done well with it. So, I stayed with the Diamond Naturals chicken and rice and for the puppy food, I stuck with the chicken and rice. I like those. It's worked with me so far and my dogs have not had allergies.

Also, since I switched, my females have come in heat and I've been breeding them. I'm happy with that fact and it seems like my females are cycling. Whereas before, they weren't. But one thing that I have trouble with was my females after they have puppies. Like humans who are pregnant, they have different tastes in food and sometimes, they don't wanna eat the food they've been eating. I'm all the time having to find chicken on sale at the grocery store so I can boil it and use the broth on their kibble or cut up chicken pieces and mix them in the kibble.

It's really important that the mommas eat 'cause they've got to supply these puppies with the nourishment. I'm doing supplements that I buy from other companies and I give the mommas each one a day. But if Diamond could mix it in with food the food that more appetizing and different than what they've been eating, that would be a good thing. A lot of breeders will benefit from that and I'm gonna be sending Diamond a lot of business. Right now, I've got the 19 puppies so that's 19 more people. 9 times out of 10, the people are gonna keep feeding that puppy the food that it's been used to because they don't wanna mess up their tummy.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

My dogs have been on Diamond for at least three years. Diamond is awesome. I will not feed my dogs anything else. I breed Rottweilers. Rottweilers have to have a better quality food because of their hips, elbows and spines and just being a large breed dog. When you have them on Diamond, their coats look so much better. Rottweilers have that harder, denser rough coat and they're softer with Diamond. They grow up and when you do the OFA certifications, they get above average. And this is from 20 years experience of breeding them.

Even my breeding females, I feed them the large breed puppy. And a lot of breeders don't understand, when you have a female, like the first month that she's pregnant, you can feed the Diamond Naturals, which is the adult dog food. But once they get to the last four weeks, you need to put them on puppy food. I also get into breeding these little Poms and I need a small breed puppy on the moms and the puppies. They're enjoying it. They eat it. But I would like to see Diamond to come out with some kind of can food. I buy the Nutro can. I don't care any much for Nutro. But then I got a food processor so I blend it up to make a can food. When you have Pomeranian puppies, they're picky. But they eat that. I had them on a Nutro small breed. They turn their nose up at it.

I have a dog that has allergies and I have to get Royal Canin. It's the prescription food for sensitive skin and stomach and it's also grain-free. I'm not too happy with the food because the dog doesn't eat it. So, I'd like to see something from Diamond that is similar to what Royal Canin has. But Diamond Naturals is the best dog food I've ever fed. And if you watch some of these bigger brand names, they have recalls. And Diamond Naturals doesn't. More places need to carry it. The only place I can get it right now is at a few horse feed stores, which is Tractor Supply and Malabar Feed.

My puppies go home with samples that Diamond sent me. Hopefully, if they're smart, they will keep the puppies on it. The price on the food is awesome too. People buy the Purina Puppy. It sounds like a horrible food. They got all kinds of crap in it. Even the Purina Pro Plan, it's an 18-pound bag and it's the price of a 50-pound Diamond bag.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I've been using Diamond for 20 years and it's probably what I'll always feed. I looked at a lot of the different premium brands before and Diamond had the best price. Plus I buy so much that the retailer here gave me a break on the price. I probably go through 150 bags a year. I breed English Springer Spaniels. I have six adult dogs here and I've had two to three litters a year. My son has two dogs and he feeds them Diamond as well. My daughter has got one of our dogs and Diamond is also what they've always fed it because it's what we use. Half the time, their dogs are out here as well.

There's a lot of expensive dog foods out there but I don't really see where they're any better than the Diamond brand. I feed the maintenance formula during the off-season if I don't have a dog that I bred. Then when I breed a dog, I put them on the puppy formula until they have their pups and the pups are weened. The coats on my dogs are good. They're healthy and energetic. When they have puppies, they pretty much maintain their body weight if I can get them to eat. Sometimes, after they've had puppies, their appetite goes down the tubes. But they all do real well. It's cold in the winter here in Northern Montana and I feed them as much as they'll eat in the wintertime because they're outdoor dogs. I've never even brought a dog to the vet because they were sick or had any health problems.

I recommend Diamond to anybody I place pups with. It's their choice. Some people have their preferences that they've fed for years. If they're gonna use a different brand, I put some Diamond in a plastic baggie for them to mix in with whatever brand they're gonna feed. But a lot of them just go ahead and buy Diamond brand before they get here. A lot of people also ask me where I get the Diamond brand and I tell them to go on the website. There's a locator there and you can look up any places near where you live. It's pretty easy find.

I was getting it up in Havre, North 40, and they were giving me a break on it too. But sometimes it would take two or three weeks. It's a big outfit. They must employ 40 people and sometimes, my order will get lost. I get up there and nobody would know anything about it or it would be sitting in the back and they wouldn't call me when it came in. The ACE Hardware here in Chinook kinda carry Diamond so I told them that was a good dog food. I figured if I get it here in Chinook, it'd save me driving up to Havre. There's just the owner and the two workers so I go in and he tells me exactly when it would be in and it's only about three or four days – sometimes, five days. Then when it comes in, they call me and I go pick it up. So it's worked out better. It's a lot more convenient and being so much smaller, it's easier to work with them. There's no mix-up in communication.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: May 15, 2020

I breed Miniature Dachshunds. Other breeders recommended Diamond and currently, I'm using Diamond Naturals Small Breed. I’ve also used Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20. Sometimes, if the dogs are on Diamond and the girls don’t come into heat, I switch their food and generally, within a month or so, they go ahead and get their cycle going and put them back into heat. They’re a couple of months late but still, it changes up their heat cycle.

Original review: May 9, 2020

We raise Australian shepherds and we had tried a different food before. We had a bunch of pups that had a cleft palate that we had to put down when they were on different food. We've been using Diamond for two and a half years now and we have not had that trouble with it. There is enough calcium and everything else that we need in there.

Original review: April 25, 2020

We got Poodles and Goldendoodles and we've been using Diamond Pet Foods for them for six years now. We like its quality. It has nutrients and supplies that we needed for our moms and our babies, and then even for our older generational dogs. I use all stages, puppy, small breed, and all the different formulations. I've had other families feed the same thing and I thought it was great. They know what it's all about. I send the pamphlets and stuff that Diamond sends me for their families.

Original review: April 23, 2020

We have German Shorthaired Pointer, Cockapoo, and Bernese Mountain Dog and they all use Diamond. It was recommended to use by a breeder. It's economical as well and our dogs have grown well on it. We breed and we feed Diamond Naturals small breed and large breed puppy. We send the puppies home with Diamond too. We prefer the ones that have some grain in them. This is what works well for us.

Original review: April 22, 2020

We give Diamond Natural, lamb and rice, to our French bulldogs. When we have litters, we send them to new homes with Diamond as their bowel movements are a lot better on that product. I tell the customers that the product is easy and accessible. They can get it at Menards which is a pretty big chain of stores in our area. It has less ingredients in it which the French bulldogs need because of their allergy issue.

Diamond Pet Foods author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Diamond is a pet food and treat company that offer a variety of high-quality and all-natural food and treats. Diamond makes food for puppies, adult dogs, dogs with sensitive stomachs, pregnant dogs and cats.

• Diamond original: Diamond’s original dry food blend comes in a variety of options. There are blends for puppies, adult dogs, hunting dogs and athletic dogs.

• Diamond Naturals: Diamond Naturals are all-natural food options for dogs of all sizes and lifestyles. These food blends come in both dry and canned food options.

• Grain-free options: If your dog has trouble digesting grains, you can purchase grain-free food from Diamond. These are specialty brands from the Diamond Naturals line that uses no unnatural preservatives.

• Online ingredient list: If your dog has allergies or trouble with some ingredients, you can check to see if your blend contains those ingredients. Diamond lists all of its food ingredients online.

• Diamond Blog: The Diamond Pet Food Blog features regular blog posts. Subjects include transitioning your rescue dogs to a new diet, tips to give medicine to your pet, how to find a diet for a diabetic pet and more.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information