3.6/5 (611 ratings)

About Diamond Pet Foods

Diamond dog food specializes in nutrient-rich formulas that contain healthy levels of protein, fiber, fat and probiotics to support pet growth, energy and digestive health. Diamond dog food is formulated with ingredients such as beef, pork, chicken and salmon that contain high levels of protein, and the company provides specific recipes for all sizes of dogs and each stage of a pet’s life.

Pros

• Grain-free formula available
  • Wide range of special formulas
  • Available online from retailers
  • Guaranteed probiotics in all recipes

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Only sold at authorized retailers

Bottom Line

Diamond dog food offers a wide range of highly nutritious formulas for all stages of a dog’s life. Diamond can be pricier than other brands, but each formula provides essential nutrients not found in some pet foods.

Top Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have four German Shepherds and they can be a little sensitive to different foods … It’s the only food that they’ll stay on consistently … My long coat shepherd's coat looks so m...

Verified

All my dogs seems to do good on Diamond Pet Food and I recommend it. It’s good food at a good reasonable price. I have Yorkies and Shih Tzus. I use the Puppy on all my puppies and...

Diamond Naturals dog food

What is Diamond dog food?

Diamond dog food creates nutrient-rich pet food formulas designed for pets in all stages of life. The company works to keep prices down while offering high-quality ingredients. Diamond conducts regular rigorous quality tests in its facilities to ensure products are safe for pet consumption.

Its product lines include Diamond, Diamond Naturals, Diamond CARE and Diamond Pro89. Pro89 is rich in proteins and amino acids from grains, pork and beef and contains glucosamine and chondroitin. Diamond CARE is a line of four specialized diets for sensitive skin, renal formula, sensitive stomach or weight management.

Diamond puppy food

Diamond puppy food supports brain and vision development, and it helps dogs maintain shiny coats and healthy skin. It contains omega-3 fatty acid DHA from salmon oil, which is also suitable for nursing dogs.

The puppy formula also contains 80 colony-forming units per pound of probiotics to support healthy digestion, and antioxidants such as vitamin E help develop a puppy’s immune system. Ingredients include chicken, whole-grain corn, wheat, chicken fat, beet pulp, egg and flaxseed. The Diamond Naturals line also offers options for puppies.

Diamond Naturals dog food

Diamond Naturals is a complete line of canned food, dry kibble and treats made with vegetables and fruits, cage-free chicken, pasture-raised beef and lamb and real salmon. Diamond Naturals includes food formulated for:

• Adult dogs
  • Puppies
  • Athletic dogs
  • Large breeds
  • Small breeds
  • Senior dogs
  • Light diets

Diamond Naturals are formulated with superfoods, including quinoa, chia seed, kale and spinach, that are high in nutritional value. All recipes contain probiotics for digestive support.

The company also sells treats with lamb, beef, chicken or peanut butter.

Diamond dog food price

Diamond dog food ranges in price based on the formula and product line. Diamond Naturals products are pricier than other lines produced by the company.

The popular Diamond Naturals chicken or lamb and rice dry food for all life stages is priced at $36.99 for a 40-pound bag, and the grain-free option is also $36.99 for a 40-pound supply. A 12-can case of Diamond Naturals wet food beef dinner for adults and puppies is $23.88. A 16-ounce bag of Diamond Naturals peanut butter treats is $5.99.

Diamond Dog Food FAQ

Who owns Diamond dog food?
Schell & Kampeter Inc. owns Diamond Pet Foods.
Who sells Diamond dog food?
Diamond dog food is available online from Chewy, Amazon, Naturally Unleashed, Tractor Supply Co. and PetFlow. You can also buy it from authorized retailers in your area, including veterinarian offices, pet stores or feed and supply stores.
What brands does Diamond dog food make?
Diamond dog food makes Diamond, Diamond Naturals, Diamond CARE and Diamond Pro89. Schell & Kampeter, Diamond’s parent company, also manufactures Taste of the Wild pet food.
Is Diamond dog food grain free?
The Skin & Coat All Life Stages Dog Salmon & Potato formula of Diamond Naturals dog food is grain free. Diamond Naturals contain rice, oatmeal and other grains.

Is Diamond dog food good?

While Diamond dog food isn’t the cheapest pet food available, all formulas contain probiotics for pet digestive health. For pets that require special diets, Diamond has a wide range of formulas to choose from. The Diamond Naturals line contains superfoods rich in nutrients not typically found in pet food.

Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I like Diamond and my dogs don't have gas on it like a lot of the bulldogs do and they eat it. Right now, I'm using the Diamond Natural Chicken and Rice All Stage. The Diamond puppy food that I had the puppies on was for nursing moms and puppies. One of my females was getting a little too fat with it. So we switched to the Diamond Natural and she's doing great on it now. It keeps them healthy and it's good for them. I like it.

I buy all my Diamond food from Tractor Supply and I asked them about getting with Diamond for samples for me, and they said that they don't have a way to do that, so I just send the puppies home with Ziploc bags of the Diamond food because I don't know how to get the samples other than reaching back out to Diamond and having them send them. But by the time I remembered, it was too late.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I have a total of 4 dogs {2 pups, 1 adult & 1 senior). When I brought home our last 2 pups, I wanted to start them on the right food. Dog food has become quite expensive and I am disabled and on a fixed income. I wrote several premium dog food companies that I was interested in about getting some samples so I could find something they would like. I was surprised that all but Diamond refused my request. They all stated that I could buy the food and then return it for a refund if my dogs didn't like it. Who wants to schlep around town waiting in lines to return something? Being in a pandemic, unable to get around very well, I felt that I was not valued as a customer until....

Diamond was the only company to send samples (4) of their products. Each of my dogs really liked the Naturals line of food. The ingredients made me happy and the food made their taste buds happy and the pups growth makes the vet happy! Because the company treated me like a person instead of a wallet, all 4 dogs are now on a Diamond Naturals Dog Food diet! Thank you Diamond for your product and your client services!

Original review: July 1, 2021

We've been using Diamond Pet Foods for probably 30 years and as the different foods have evolved, we ended up going with the Diamond Naturals. It's reasonable, has good ingredients and not too many recalls, which a lot of them has. We use the chicken and rice, which is the All Life Stages. We're a breeder and when we started it, that worked well for us. We could feed the dogs from when they were puppies. But we mixed in the lamb and rice as well as the beef and rice to give our dogs variety so they were not on the same thing all the time.

We like Diamond. We’ve never had an issue with the quality of the food. We get the little sample packs and the brochures from Diamond but a number of times, I got the puppy samples but not the brochures because they were out. I'd like to see them both. It helps push along Diamond’s product if the people that we send home with the puppy samples have the brochures to look through too.

Original review: June 8, 2021

With my min pins and my dogs under 12 months, we use the Diamond small breed puppy food. Then, once they turn adult age, we switch over to the red bag, the beef, because I don't like feeding chicken, but I know that's the only brand they have in the puppy food. So, we get off chicken as soon as we can. Then, for the mastiffs, I do the large breed puppy. Once I get them off the puppy food, I give them the red bag as well. With other dog food, it was like they were never full. They would always eat it and we would go through so much dog food. With Diamond, two bags last me two weeks and that is a lot. That saves so much and it fills them up. They're very active and their coat is very thick and shiny too. I love Diamond. I also love the samples they send me. They're so professional-looking.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I first heard about Diamond at Barnes Border Collies over in Braxton, Mississippi. They had been using it for 30 years and they recommended it. I tried it. For the price, it was quality food. I've been using Diamond and I get good results. Sometimes, some of my dogs don't wanna keep good weight on the Hi-Energy so I have to switch back and forth between the Premium Adult and the Hi-Energy. This keeps things equalized out.

I get good and healthy litters with Diamond. In January, we had four litters in one month. I just had a litter born Wednesday night. I start all of them with Diamond Puppy. I noticed a lot of breeders are on Pro Plan. They’re just not getting bigger litters. I would see a lot of small litters coming off of that, fours and fives. We're consistently eight and 10 litters. I've got 14 dogs now.

We breed Border Collies and I tell everybody to use Diamond. A good bit of my dogs transport out to the northeast and out west and I can’t send them something because they won’t let me put anything on the airlines if the dog was still on the crate. But the ones that were picked up here, I send them home with something. I tell the new owners to use Diamond Puppy for one year. If they wanna use something else, I would recommend blending over slowly. But at least not for the first couple of months. That way, if it upsets the puppies' stomach, that’s our indication for other things.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

My dog loves this and I love how it's grain free, filler free and no by products. It's made with lamb and healthy fruits and vegetables. I know when my dog is eating this she is getting the nutrients her body needs.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Diamond Naturals pet food has been a wonderful addition to my dog's diet. He has an extremely sensitive stomach, and I was looking for a brand of dog food that wouldn't cause health and skin issues for my dog. Diamond Naturals came highly recommended, and the salmon and sweet potato blend has helped my dog's stomach issues significantly. I would recommend this brand to any dog owner, especially those with dogs that might have some food sensitivities.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Diamond is pretty good. I'm a breeder and I look for deals, like breeder programs.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Our bloodhounds are currently on Diamond Pet Foods. I use the Diamond Natural, Large Breed. And we get samples for our puppies, which is the only thing we have ever fed them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I use the salmon and rice formula and my dogs seem to enjoy it. It works for me. I also breed dogs and I'd really like that Diamond would offer 7-pound bags that I could send home with the families. They don't do it in our formula that we use. Also, it would be nice if the samples that they give to the breeder, they would include those in every formula, not just the All Life Stages because it's not formulated for every breed. Nonetheless, I'll continue to use Diamond unless I have an issue.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information