4.24/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for a new brand of food for your pet? Diamond Pet Foods offers a variety of dry & canned food, as well as treats made specifically for your dogs. Our food is made from high-quality ingredients in order to give your dog the best nutrition possible. Visit our website today to learn more about our products & ingredients!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

451 Diamond Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

I've been using Diamond for 20 years and it's probably what I'll always feed. I looked at a lot of the different premium brands before and Diamond had the best price. Plus I buy so much that the retailer here gave me a break on the price. I probably go through 150 bags a year. I breed English Springer Spaniels. I have six adult dogs here and I've had two to three litters a year. My son has two dogs and he feeds them Diamond as well. My daughter has got one of our dogs and Diamond is also what they've always fed it because it's what we use. Half the time, their dogs are out here as well.

There's a lot of expensive dog foods out there but I don't really see where they're any better than the Diamond brand. I feed the maintenance formula during the off-season if I don't have a dog that I bred. Then when I breed a dog, I put them on the puppy formula until they have their pups and the pups are weened. The coats on my dogs are good. They're healthy and energetic. When they have puppies, they pretty much maintain their body weight if I can get them to eat. Sometimes, after they've had puppies, their appetite goes down the tubes. But they all do real well. It's cold in the winter here in Northern Montana and I feed them as much as they'll eat in the wintertime because they're outdoor dogs. I've never even brought a dog to the vet because they were sick or had any health problems.

I recommend Diamond to anybody I place pups with. It's their choice. Some people have their preferences that they've fed for years. If they're gonna use a different brand, I put some Diamond in a plastic baggie for them to mix in with whatever brand they're gonna feed. But a lot of them just go ahead and buy Diamond brand before they get here. A lot of people also ask me where I get the Diamond brand and I tell them to go on the website. There's a locator there and you can look up any places near where you live. It's pretty easy find.

I was getting it up in Havre, North 40, and they were giving me a break on it too. But sometimes it would take two or three weeks. It's a big outfit. They must employ 40 people and sometimes, my order will get lost. I get up there and nobody would know anything about it or it would be sitting in the back and they wouldn't call me when it came in. The ACE Hardware here in Chinook kinda carry Diamond so I told them that was a good dog food. I figured if I get it here in Chinook, it'd save me driving up to Havre. There's just the owner and the two workers so I go in and he tells me exactly when it would be in and it's only about three or four days – sometimes, five days. Then when it comes in, they call me and I go pick it up. So it's worked out better. It's a lot more convenient and being so much smaller, it's easier to work with them. There's no mix-up in communication.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We've been using Diamond Pet Foods for 30 years now. It was recommended by the breeders that I bought my Rottweilers from. It was very hard to find back in the 80's but I was lucky enough to find a farmer who had a little feed store and he would order it for me. I originally used to always use the green or the yellow bag, depending on what breed of dog I had, but as I switched from Rottweilers and German Shepherds and Boxers to Chihuahuas, I require a lot smaller kibble. And so, we have switched to the Naturals in which you do offer an adult small kibble. However, not everybody around here carries it. I just started breeding Chihuahuas so I just had one litter, so far. The lady that I talked to sent me the one type of puppy food as well as the Diamond Natural Puppy food, so I got the purple bag and the white and navy blue bag. However, I can’t find any puppy bag bigger than a 6-pound bag.

My son is in the military so his Corso dog is here as well. He’s a big boy, about 125 pounds. He was the runt of the litter and my son got him because somebody was using him at four weeks old as bait in the city. So, when we brought him here, he had a lot of health issues. I went from the regular Diamond food which seemed to be okay, but he was having stomach issues, so I went to the lamb and rice of the Diamond Natural. I tried a lot of different lamb and rice because they didn’t carry Diamond Natural where I always got my feed at.

So, after I tried all that, I happened to go to a different pet store. The Pet Supplies Plus carried the lamb and rice Naturals and I switched him to that, and the problem went out. Otherwise, any other food that I had him on I also had to feed him with pumpkin, and he had to have peanut butter supplemented in there, and hard boiled eggs. One of the things that I love about Diamond Naturals is that there is no extra supplements that you have to add to it. Everything’s in there and they do well on it. He had a wicked stomach and there’s just something about the Diamond Natural’s lamb and rice that he does very well on. And he has been on it since he’s been here, and he’s six now.

Furthermore, I'd like to be able to get my bag of food, and if I’ve got a problem with it, I wanna know where I got it from. I don’t wanna order it from a warehouse because it’s been sitting in there for how long. And I definitely like the plastic type bags. It’s a lot more sturdier and easier. Sometimes, I have to drag it through the house because I’m not very strong and the bags that were made in paper layers sometimes would tear at the bottom, but the plastic type doesn’t. It’d be nice though if they make other animal feeds too because we work with a rescue on a ranch so we get a lot of animals like turkeys, chickens, donkeys and horses. It would be great though to be notified any time they come out with new products.

With Diamond Pet Food, my dogs don’t get sick at all. I have no problem with running stool and there isn’t a lot of excess stool. My dogs poop twice a day and it’s manageable. I just wish I could find the Adult Small Breed formula in a bigger bag. I looked yesterday and I was told that I could find it in Michigan. I went on to the Pet Supplies Plus up in Michigan and that’s where they showed me that they had a 6-pound bag and an 18-pound bag of the Adult Small Breed. I could order it from them and have it shipped here.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have been using Diamond Pet Foods since 1991. I started out with Dobermans in the beginning and I was given a list of different brands to feed them. And the kennel I got them was where I got my first bag of Diamond from. She said she fed it to all of her Dobermans because that seemed to work the best and it was economical when you have a large group of dogs.

Then, I progressed past several different breeds of dogs, primarily Dobermans and Shepherds, but for the last 10 years, I've had just English Mastiff and once they become full-grown adults, they go through one large bag a month per dog. Right now, with having four of them, I go through a bag every four days. So far, my dogs don't have any health problems at all. They don't lose weight but gain appropriately. They don't eat a lot, so food is out at all time and there's never a challenge for food. Also, I've always pre-fed my dogs and I find that pre-feeding them makes them not so aggressive and they decide what pattern they want to be on, so they're not trying to force themselves to eat to your schedule.

I've always had a good experience with Diamond. I like them and I've never had any problems with the dog food. I also call Diamond's toll free number and get puppy packs for when I have puppies and they send me puppy packs with extra little bags that look like the regular bags to go home. The first time I did it, they needed to sign me up as a breeder. When I lived up in Northeast Kansas, they had where I could buy directly from a wholesaler. Then, I moved to South Central Kansas and they don't have any of those in my area now that has an exclusive contract. So they changed their policy and I can't buy in bulk from a wholesaler anymore.

I recommend Diamond to everyone when I sell my puppies. I had a buyer in Bethel, Alaska that could not access the puppy food, so she stuck her dogs on Blue Diamond dog food. And I've had several potential puppy owners say that that was recommended to them also but I told them that I was not switching. However, I give them enough Diamond puppy food and the dogs can transition from that to another dog food easily. Also, some of the cheaper brands at Wal-Mart have so many fillers in them that the dogs poop a lot. But with Diamond, I don't have that problem, so I sorta brag about it. And if Diamond was sold at Wal-Mart, I would have no problems buying it. But I am specific and exclusive to the brand, so I stick to it. And I know that other brands are coming out with natural products and all these other different ingredients, but I stick to the same stuff I've been using since '91. When it works, why change it?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Every dog at my kennel has been raised on Diamond Pet Foods for about 15 years. I like the consistency of the product. Years ago, I had another product that I had been using for about 12 years and it was a very successful small company. It got bought up by a big conglomerate and the first thing they did was change the ingredients. Anybody that raises dogs hates that because dogs have extremely delicate digestive systems. Dogs can eat garbage but if they're used to eating garbage, that's fine. But if you take a dog that's been eating a certain food for years and throw even the smallest change in there, that kennel owner is gonna be cleaning a lot of kennels because the dogs will repaint your floors for you and I hate that.

For six years before that, we made our own food. I was friends with a guy and we had a dog food company of our own. We made food for our Shepherds and about 15 other kennels and they were trying to grow just like everybody does when they get started. We had a very good product and it was very consistent. We always used exactly the same ingredients and it was high-quality and we did that especially because it was for our own dogs. At that time, I had about 11 dogs but he had a whole kennel of about 30 and we needed consistency and the dogs were working Shepherds. They were Schutzhund dogs, so they were on trials and tracking, heavy training, and that kind of work demands high protein and digestible protein.

When the guy that we went into this partnership with turned out to be a crook and disappeared with the recipe and our money, we had to scramble. We tried Iams and it was good for two years. Then they did what we hate. They got a new guy in their lab who said that he could make the dog food cheaper. Though they made it cheaper, they were poisoning a lot of dogs because we found out that they were putting freeze-dried ground up tires in their food. The chemist that they hired in their lab to do this should have gone to cooking school because we all know that when you heat products up to a certain temperature, things change.

In this case, the rubber that makes these tires is perfectly okay for you and me to pass through our systems without releasing the toxins if it was ground up and powdered. At 400 degrees, the chemicals break down and all of the dangerous chemicals are released and dog food is baked at 450 degrees, so all the chemicals got released. They didn't know this and they killed a lot of dogs and we were petrified. We immediately took it out of our kennels, threw dog food away, and went to a different brand.

Then, I found National Dog Food up in New Holstein. I was picking up fox food for a friend of mine who had a fox farm and National Fur Food products made fur foods. I have never seen it before and the guy said that it is because they sell about 95% of it to the sled dogs in Alaska. My brain immediately told me that sled dogs are hardworking dogs.

The guy told me that it's highly digestible, high-protein dog food and that they make 30% brand for working trail dogs, 26% working dog food and a 24% maintenance. So, I talked to him a little bit and he gave me a 50-pound bag and I liked his sales pitch. I told him I have a 50-pound bag as a joke because I'll feed that out in two days and I won't know any results because in two days, I won't see anything. But he said to only feed it to my hardest keeper, the dog that just doesn't have a good coat and doesn't put weight on. He knew his stuff. That dog grew a new coat and she was beautiful. So, we fed that for years and then they got bought up by a conglomerate and they immediately changed the recipe. They're using cheaper products and I immediately went into a panic.

At that time, I had 22 dogs. I had a friend who also raises German Shepherds and she was feeding Diamond Peet Foods. Many years ago, Diamond had a bad reputation with dogs getting bloat. They had a problem with changing their recipe repeatedly, so I was scared to feed Diamond years ago. She told me that Diamond has changed, that they've really come around, and that they've got this new product called Diamond Naturals that has no additives. She asked me to look at her dogs, so I went over to her house and the dogs were beautiful. They got really nice and smooth coats. I then picked up five bags and I told my wife that we were gonna have a little bit of a clean-up situation for a week. But we didn't. It only lasted two days and the dogs were settled which was impressive. And I've been feeding Diamond Pet Foods since.

Every dog here at my kennel right now, my very oldest dog to my puppies that are outside, have been raised on it. Both our studs have been raised on it. Jake was born and raised on it. He was born here and out of parents who were raised on that food before that. They have fabulous bone. Both of my studs passed their OFAs and in the last 15 years, we have only had four people call us back with hip problems with our dogs and part of that hip problem thing is nutrition. Not every dog can eat Diamond though. We have three dogs here that don't. They get loose stools but it's nothing with the dog food. Each of us has different digestive systems. We have certain foods that we can't eat, that everybody else can. Dogs are just the same. They have certain foods that bother their systems.

One of them is our house stud. He was raised on Diamond and he did great on it. But at about five years old, he started developing a skin rash and we traced it down to the grains used in the food. We went to a grain-free food for him and he's fine. Sam, our second stud wasn't raised by us as a puppy but he was raised on Diamond ever since he was seven weeks old. We took him off of it this year because he got some terrible skin rashes between his toes and his feet swell up and bleed. We're trying grain-free for him now and it seems to be working. I would like to see Diamond come up with grain-free dog food in the 24% to 26% area. That is what we feed here at our kennels and I would switch all of my dogs to it. I understand that something like that might be a little more expensive than what I'm buying now but if they can find a way of getting it reasonably priced, I wanna do that for my kennel and for my clients.

My dogs are beautiful and my wife and I are both very happy with Diamond Pet Foods. We get a lot of puppy kits from Diamond because we make approximately six to eight litters a year. They're all from here but two of my daughters have dogs and we sell their puppies for them. I've been doing this for 35 years and we have very fertile studs and our litters are averaging 10 very healthy puppies which is far above the average of seven. So, we also get large litters with Diamond Naturals. We recommend it to all of our clients. We have two other kennels that are feeding it now, so we have spread the word.

Original review: July 29, 2018

We have been using Diamond Pet Foods for a long time. They have a good quality assurance program where they check their products. They went through their growing pains like any dog food company where they had recalls, but if you look at their recent history over the last seven years, they’ve had very few recalls, if any. Also, they have plants on a national scale. They have them on the East Cost and West Coast.

We breed Cocker Spaniels and have litters weekly. We send samples with the puppies to their new homes and require Diamond for the first year. Dogs have a unique set of bacteria in their gut. When the puppy is born, he's on mama’s milk. Then you wean him on a slurry wet food, milky stuff to get him on the solid food, just like a child. Then you get him on dry food and when they’re 8-weeks old they have that one set of bacteria in their gut which will digest it properly and they’ll have good stools. Plus, you don’t run the risk of diarrhea. We use Diamond Naturals Small Breed Puppy and we use all three varieties of Diamond Naturals. We try to change every few months from one of the Diamond Natural products to the next with our adults to give them a different flavor to keep eating interest high and making sure that the dogs are eating well.

When you change dog foods, you can really end up with a problem, which is why we want them to stay on Diamond because you want good stools. A person who is a professional in the dog business can evaluate the health and well-being of the dog based on the stools. We want little tootsie rolls coming out of these babies, so we know they’re healthy, the digestive system is working well and they’re handling what they’re supposed to have. I maintain contact with all of my owners for the life of the dog and when it’s time to change over to adult food, I encourage people to transition to another Diamond product, which is the adult food that we use here. It’s all for the well-being of the dog. Also, I wish Diamond had better distribution agreements with some people in different parts of the country, but that’s a sales and marketing issue that they have to attend to. It’s hard managing a national brand, but they do a good job all in all. I recommend them every day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have been buying Diamond Naturals chicken and rice since September 2018 and I haven’t had any problems until I bought a new bag on June 29th. I started giving the new bag of food to my 3 dogs the next day (6/30) and on Monday (7/1) around midnight my healthy 7 year old Aussie/Border Collie started having diarrhea. I assumed he must have got into something in our yard until he started vomiting and having bloody diarrhea. Tuesday morning he was refusing food and water so I made him boiled chicken and broth to keep him fed and hydrated. On Wednesday, he was still sick and at this point only pooping bright red blood and quite often, but he was still active and hydrated so I held off on taking him to the vet.

Then the same day my 2 year old dog got sick with diarrhea, but fortunately was only sick for a day. By Friday, my first dog was still sick so we went to the vet that morning and he was given an antibiotic and **. By evening, he was doing so much better. A couple days later my 3rd dog, an 8 year old Border Collie, got sick with the same liquid diarrhea (thankfully no blood). The ** didn’t help him, but the antibiotic did. He was only sick for 2 days. I spoke with our vet's office and we tried to figure out what could possibly be making my 3 healthy, vaccinated dogs sick and they said it was unlikely Parvo or salmonella, but I told them I was throwing our Diamond Naturals dry food out anyways because it was the only culprit I could think of.

We have a fenced in backyard that they play in and I checked the yard multiple times to make sure they didn’t get into something, but I couldn’t find anything. A dog in my house may get random day long diarrhea once in a while, but never like what we just experienced. We changed to another brand of dog food and they’re all doing good. I don’t know for sure if it was the Diamond food that made them all sick, but I won’t be purchasing ever again just in case.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I heard from other corgi breeders that Diamond works really well with the corgi breed and that they didn't have any problems with using it. So I used it as well. I've been using the Diamond Natural small breed puppy. My puppies are in good health. Their teeth are great, and they're not covered in tartar. Diamond is very good for them. So go ahead and try Diamond. They have many options to choose from and you can't go wrong with it.

Original review: June 20, 2019

We had good luck with Diamond. Our vet recommended it and we've been using it for about four years now. We breed boxers and we have four litters a year. They live in the home with us and we don't have a kennel. We use Diamond Premium for the large dogs then we use Diamond Puppy if they're a year or under. We also use that for our puppies when they're here or for pregnant mommas. We have a nine-year-old as well and we use the Senior Naturals for him. Then we send the puppies home with samples of Diamond Pet Foods and a lot of the owners stick with it. So far, our dogs seem to have done well on Diamond. We have two dogs that have sensitive stomachs and we haven't seen much of that in it at all.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Diamond pet food is the most amazing product I’ve ever used and I've been using it for 35 years now. Another breeder told me about it and I’ve tried other products but I always go back to it. Right now, I have small and large breed dogs and they all seem to take it really well. I use the purple bag Puppy then I use the Hi-Energy Adult. Sometimes, I’ll use the Diamond Naturals but not very often, just if I have an issue with a dog. I have a lot of dogs that live to be 18 and 19 years old, so it must be the food.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I’ve been using Diamond Pet food for a long time. My poodles like it and I’m very happy with it. We use the Premium Adult for the adult dogs, and for the mothers and puppies, we use the Diamond Puppy.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I had a horrible experience with Diamond Pet Foods. I breed dogs and I pushed that food on my clients to buy. I got the breeder packs and I’d send them home with them. I would also tell them how good the food was. But I bought a batch from a local store and every single one of my 30 dogs got sick on it. It also caused the infertility in my dog. When I called Diamond customer service, they did absolutely nothing. They were horribly rude that I switched to a brand that I’m paying three times a bag what I paid for them. And I’ll never switch back because of the horrible customer service I got. The minute I switched my dogs to another food, they were fine.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My dogs did good on Diamond. Their skin is a whole lot more sensitive than a lot of other dogs and whenever I used Diamond, it had no issues. I send puppies home with Diamond samples when I could get them but all of this year, I haven't been able to get them. They said that they were on backorder. I had been using Diamond for my American bullies for probably five years and it was relatively cheap for a while but now it got pricey. I stopped using it last month. I would still use them if it wasn't for the price and samples. I have too many dogs to feed. Whenever I could feed them a cheaper food that does the same, I would.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I was dealing with a dog breeder, and he switched to Diamond. He said it was working good, so I tried it and I liked it. Ever since then, I went with it. I was breeding Pitbulls for about 28 years, but they got such a bad name in the neighborhood I lived in. Then, I went to German Shepherds. I had all good reviews on my dogs. Diamond makes their fur great. I only had a problem with it a couple times, but I called them and they straightened it out. So, it was cool. When I need puppy packs, they send me puppy packs too. I tell everybody about the Diamond dog food, and I swear by it.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I found Diamond at Tractor Supply and I like the ingredient and price point. I noticed that my Pointers do well with the Hi-Energy blend. All in all, this is a good product. It's easy on dogs that have gut issues. They seem to tolerate it well.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I love Diamond, and my little pups love it even more. Even my adult dogs are on the Diamond. They're Shetland Sheepdogs and their intelligence is number six out of 133 breeds. I used to have 35 male studs and 25 females. Now, it is down to 10. I got two male studs and eight females. I breed about twice a year now. I use the puppy diet food for them and the adults have the high-energy food. My puppies are satisfied with the food, and the people are satisfied with it too. I owe it to Diamond for the long life that I've been doing this.

Original review: June 2, 2019

At the beginning, I started breeding Great Danes. I am now doing English Bulldogs and both respond well to Diamond. I love how the puppies look when I have a puppy. I like the ingredients of Diamond. There’s not a lot of corn and that’s a big thing for me. Some of them have so much corn as a main ingredient and I don’t like that. I do like the Hi-Energy because if I have one that I need to have weight put on, it does the job. I've been using Diamond on and off for probably 25 years and for the price of the bag, you can’t beat it. Customer service has been fantastic too.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I feed my adult dogs the adult Diamond, while I give my pregnant ones and my puppies the puppy Diamond. My puppies have never had anything else. My dogs digest the Diamond a lot better than they did the other one I was using. It's great food and I've been using them for 11 years now. I'm a Sheltie breeder and I wanted the best for my girls when they're pregnant. When I was researching food, I noticed one package said it was for nursing and pregnant mommies. I thought that that's awesome and it had a lot of stuff in it that the other ones didn't have. The company has been great too. They give me free samples to give with my puppies when I sell them.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I recently changed my four dogs over to the Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat formula, Salmon & Sweet Potato. Contrary to what I expected from a formula specifically for skin and coat, my German Shepherd has had a terrible skin reaction. He developed a mild rash on his belly within a couple days of beginning his food change. By the time we were completely changed over, he was severely itchy. Not realizing it was the food, I tried a couple different things to help relieve his itchiness. It continued to get worse and he began developing sores and scabies places all over his body. A trip to our vet and we're concerned that the food has caused the reaction. And now we're in the process of changing him, yet again, to a different food.

Diamond Pet Foods response

Sorry to hear about the on going skin problems. It sounds like he has a food allergy to certain protein sources, including fish in this fish based recipe. Food allergy diagnosis is frustrating because there is no good test. It is diagnosed by excluding protein sources until you find one that he isn't allergic to. Unfortunately a lot of GSDs have these sensitivities. We have a great product that uses hydrolyzed protein. That tricks the body into thinking it's not something to react to. Feel free to call us and we will be happy to help along with getting you refunded under our

Original review: May 30, 2019

I'm a Chihuahua breeder, and I use the Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice and the Diamond Naturals Small Breed Puppy foods. Diamond is a good food and it is affordable. Also, I could get it at Director Supply. I don't have any issues with it.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I use Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy for my breeding dogs. I have Goldendoodle dogs and they never lose weight when they have puppies as well as when they're breeding and when nursing the puppies. I have litter several times a year. I recommend the puppies’ new homes to continue feeding them with Diamond. They can spend more for the same type food or they can buy Diamond at a better price, and it's just as good or better. The formula keeps the puppies healthy. We have used Taste of the Wild before but they do just as well on the Diamond Naturals. Diamond Pet Foods is quality food and I get more for my money.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I like all my dogs to be on Diamond Pet Foods and we're using the Diamond Naturals right now. But the Hi-Energy dog food is really good for one of my males is so active. It has kept him from being skinny. Also, I like the puppy food. I have Labs and usually, I have two litters a year, almost three. Diamond’s customer service has been good and they send the samples right out when I need them. All the dog foods are close to the same price but the dogs seem to do good on Diamond.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I breed Siberian Huskies, Norwegian Elkhounds, Shiba Inus, and Pomeranians and they’re all on Diamond Naturals. I love the fact that meat is the first ingredient. I don’t have to get the Blue or more expensive food, and the price fits right in. I always have a litter and Diamond really helps with the transition from nursing through mommas, because I wet the food down before they start eating the hard and now, they all have mixed food. I've been using Diamond for the last 10 years and I’ve got a great experience with them. They always give my samples out in time when I order them. I send the puppies home with samples and I recommend to every one of my customers. I tell them I prefer them to stay on that.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I recently tried Diamond brand dog food for the first time. I chose the Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice. My pointer/pit bull mix seemed to like the taste. Unfortunately it gave him bad gas, upset stomach (even with a slow transition) to where he obviously felt awful, and anal problems. I don't know what was wrong with the product but I had to throw out a lot of dog food. Another brand I will never touch again.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My cat had been eating Diamond Indoor cat formula for the last 5 years but I got a new bag on April 11 2019, and he started throwing up. 11 times in one night so I had to take him to the vet. Nothing was found but nothing else except the food had changed. The rest of that week I fed him baby food which he was able to keep down. The next weekend another bag of the same food arrived, as I thought maybe that badge was bad. That day he ate again from the new bag and started throwing up again. Diamond says nothing was found in quality control but I have no doubt it was something with the new bags of food. Has anybody else has had any recent problems with this food?

Diamond Pet Foods response

Hi Luisa- we spoke to your vet. She shared it was the third time your cat has had vomiting issues since coming to the US. This one involved a hairball. Your vet said she did not have a diagnosis but had a list of differential diagnoses (possible reasons for the vomiting). You may wish to follow up with her to see if the exact cause can be identified. We understand the next step is xrays and bloodwork

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had purchased Diamond Naturals Chicken on Monday, April 22nd from Care-a-Lot in St. Clairsville, OH and started mixing it in with his other food on Tuesday evening as I was going to start feeding him this food. He is a 20lb Cairn Terrier, who has never had any issues with any food he has eaten, until now. He threw up in the middle of the night Tuesday, threw up 4 times yesterday and once last night and 4 times today. He doesn't seem as if anything is bothering him and is still acting normal. Still wanting to eat and drink at this point as well. I have never given him this food and the only reason I switched to it was because I switched him from grain free back to grain food. He doesn't have any allergies or issues with chicken as he was eating Whole Earth Farms Small Breed Chicken and Turkey. I am not sure why this is happening, if it is related to the food switch or something else but I am very concerned for him as this is not usual behavior.

Diamond Pet Foods response

We emailed you last Thursday. In case you didn't get it, here is the body of the email "Sorry to hear that. What’s his name? How long had he been on WEF’s? What was the foods ratio you fed Tuesday? About how long after he ate did the middle of the night vomit happen? What was in the vomit- undigested food, liquid, foam, bile? I’m glad he’s acting normal otherwise. It does sound like an allergic reaction. Maybe to the rice since the other ingredients are similar between the two brands? Do you still have the bag? If so we would love to have the production code from the bag, hopefully you still have it"

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have used the green bag of Diamond for something time now and had no issues. I bought a bag in April of this year and will probably never buy any more. My dogs stools became runny and had blood in it. They lost weight drastically and began throwing up blood as well. I switched to Blue Buffalo and these issues are now gone. My dogs could have died from this food and I'm very lucky they didn't. I'm not sure what happened this year to the dog food. Maybe the ingredients changed but I really hope y'all are looking into this to fix the problem!

Diamond Pet Foods response

Glad they are doing better. Might you still have the bag?

Resolution response: April 24, 2019

The company has actually reached out to me already and they are trying to help me figure out the ear infection issues. Another reason why I want to continue to support this brand!
It has not even been 24hrs

Hopefully we can figure this out so all 3 of my fur babies can go back to eating the food they love!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

We have used Diamond Naturals since day 1 with our pit bull. She loves the food and has been eating it for 4 years. All the sudden she is experiencing ear infection after ear infection. We changed foods and the infections stopped but she does not like the food. I am tired of trying different foods wasting money and for her to keep having something different. I would like to go back to Diamond but am wondering if they have changed anything? I'm scared to try it again. I have 2 dogs and they both prefer the Diamond food. Can Diamond let me know if anything changed before I risk trying it again?

Original review: April 17, 2019

My vet recommended Diamond Pet Foods back in the seventies (Texas). When I moved to Colorado, it was hard to find. The local Big "R" carries, but doesn't always have the type I feed my dogs. They are thriving!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

My husband did his homework regarding the food he would feed our dogs. He did research & found what he wanted. It's sold in Hsv, Al. @ Garvin's Feed & Seed. We've used this dog food now for 10 yrs. & we are still pleased. All 3 dogs love it.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have three dogs and my dogs love this food; they are very healthy; it is lower in cost than most premium dog foods and easily found in most pet/feed stores. Just a really good all around food. I have recommended this food to all my dog parent friends and family.

Diamond Pet Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Diamond is a pet food and treat company that offer a variety of high-quality and all-natural food and treats. Diamond makes food for puppies, adult dogs, dogs with sensitive stomachs, pregnant dogs and cats.

• Diamond original: Diamond’s original dry food blend comes in a variety of options. There are blends for puppies, adult dogs, hunting dogs and athletic dogs.

• Diamond Naturals: Diamond Naturals are all-natural food options for dogs of all sizes and lifestyles. These food blends come in both dry and canned food options.

• Grain-free options: If your dog has trouble digesting grains, you can purchase grain-free food from Diamond. These are specialty brands from the Diamond Naturals line that uses no unnatural preservatives.

• Online ingredient list: If your dog has allergies or trouble with some ingredients, you can check to see if your blend contains those ingredients. Diamond lists all of its food ingredients online.

• Diamond Blog: The Diamond Pet Food Blog features regular blog posts. Subjects include transitioning your rescue dogs to a new diet, tips to give medicine to your pet, how to find a diet for a diabetic pet and more.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information