2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.60/5

Looking for a new brand of food for your pet? Diamond Pet Foods offers a variety of dry & canned food, as well as treats made specifically for your dogs. Our food is made from high-quality ingredients in order to give your dog the best nutrition possible. Visit our website today to learn more about our products & ingredients!

View More View More

Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I'm a breeder and I have a few litters each year. And when you're dealing with Siberian Huskies, they're actually very sensitive to different foods. You need a food that’s high in protein and low in filler, because they don’t tolerate large quantities, but they're very active and they need a lot of high energy. Even though the Siberian Huskies are fairly large dogs, they typically, by and large, eat less than dogs their same size. I needed a high energy food and I never had real good luck with some of the same diets.

I used to use Nutro Natural and it used to used to have a high energy. They labeled it as high energy, that was similar in the formula to the Chicken and Rice Diamond Formula. Nutro Natural started playing around with their chicken and rice formula and at that time, it was recommended that I try the Diamond. I had also tried Taste of the Wild in the past, but it was a little bit too rich for my dogs and they ended up getting diarrhea. So, I personally have been using Diamond Chicken and Rice All Stages formula for almost 5 years now. I currently have 8 Siberian Huskies and they're all doing very well on it. I found that the dogs are getting enough nutrition on a smaller volume. Their stools are good, their health is good, the puppies grow well, and my overall adult health has been good.

Once the puppies get to the point where they're taking solid food, they start on Diamond. I've been using the same food for the puppies after they're about 4 or 5 weeks old. Then I found out that Diamond has a sample program and I was very excited about that ‘cause I used to give samples. Since the last few months, I’m in the program now where I get samples from the company and so I'm handing some samples and brochures with the last litter. But I have to put them in plastic bags since I didn’t have the actual sample bags that they provide. Also, the only problem I ran into is that there are not a lot of retail outlets in Tucson, Arizona. We even lost a pet food chain that was carrying it. They don’t carry it at either PetSmart or Petco. I'm getting it through Chewy’s at the moment, and that’s working out well for me.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I breed corgis and the last litter that I did, I sent them home with Diamond samples. I've got a litter that's going home on February 22nd and 23rd and I will send samples home so that they can continue on with the food that I'm feeding them. Then I bought my puppy food from my local Tractor Supply but I didn't but it in bulk.

I would love to find a way to buy in bulk. The 40-pound bags of puppy food is 36 dollars for a bag. I'm feeding 19 puppies two to three times a day so I'm running into some money. My vet tried to get me to use Science Diet before and I bought four bags from her. It was cheaper because it was just a plain bag. I don't like it though so I don't feed it. But if Diamond could produce something that was less expensive and that saves me money, I'd love that. I want good food for my dogs but I do everything professionally and I don't cut corners. It would help me if I could save more money on their food. The supplier that I checked with and got it from gave me a little discount because I bought 52 bags at once and it was a pallet-full.

I’m happy with the food. Before I changed to Diamond, I've had Authority puppy food and I always used the chicken and rice. My dogs have all done well with it. So, I stayed with the Diamond Naturals chicken and rice and for the puppy food, I stuck with the chicken and rice. I like those. It's worked with me so far and my dogs have not had allergies.

Also, since I switched, my females have come in heat and I've been breeding them. I'm happy with that fact and it seems like my females are cycling. Whereas before, they weren't. But one thing that I have trouble with was my females after they have puppies. Like humans who are pregnant, they have different tastes in food and sometimes, they don't wanna eat the food they've been eating. I'm all the time having to find chicken on sale at the grocery store so I can boil it and use the broth on their kibble or cut up chicken pieces and mix them in the kibble.

It's really important that the mommas eat 'cause they've got to supply these puppies with the nourishment. I'm doing supplements that I buy from other companies and I give the mommas each one a day. But if Diamond could mix it in with food the food that more appetizing and different than what they've been eating, that would be a good thing. A lot of breeders will benefit from that and I'm gonna be sending Diamond a lot of business. Right now, I've got the 19 puppies so that's 19 more people. 9 times out of 10, the people are gonna keep feeding that puppy the food that it's been used to because they don't wanna mess up their tummy.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I've been using Diamond for like 20 years. The first dog that I had on it passed away at 14 a couple years ago. Even years ago, I was aware that the garbage food brands don’t grow a dog right. There was one good store down in Sioux Falls and the lady there said, “Well, let’s try this with your puppy, see how he does.” My dog was badly in worms and everything else that was digestive upset, and nothing was working with him. So, we went right into the Lamb and Rice puppy. And ever since then, anybody that’s having a problem with their dogs, I get them on to switch over a Diamond product. People see yeasty ears disappear, yeasty feet disappear, and skin coats improve. It’s been an all-arounder.

We breed American bullies, the main ones, and then, the man-dogs, which is a molosser mix is the secondary. We breed for service dogs and working dogs. We had a house fire while our last litter was in the house. We had the care package sent in April. The care package actually arrived a couple days after the house fire. But I was able to get other breeders to handle the pamphlets and the dog food with their pups. So, we got a few more people on the brand. Even before I knew Diamond had a breeder kit, and I always send puppies home with their Diamond Puppy. Diamond got the probiotics. They got the good oils and fats. If a dog food bag comes that’s not quite right, the customer service has been outstanding.

Right now, I mainly use Performance for the girls that I have that are large breed. I’ve seen dogs where their siblings are passing away three years sooner than what my dogs do. So, we get three to five years extra life with Diamond. We’ve seen less tumors in some of our dogs than their siblings that are on bad food. We see better clarity in eyes as they age. We see less hip problems because they're getting the nutrients, balanced with the exercise and the proper growth rate. It’s an overall, a bonus benefit. I even post on Facebook. People say, “What do I feed my puppy?” I say, “What breed? What size?” And I try to give them the best Diamond for their puppy.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

My dogs have been on Diamond for at least three years. Diamond is awesome. I will not feed my dogs anything else. I breed Rottweilers. Rottweilers have to have a better quality food because of their hips, elbows and spines and just being a large breed dog. When you have them on Diamond, their coats look so much better. Rottweilers have that harder, denser rough coat and they're softer with Diamond. They grow up and when you do the OFA certifications, they get above average. And this is from 20 years experience of breeding them.

Even my breeding females, I feed them the large breed puppy. And a lot of breeders don't understand, when you have a female, like the first month that she's pregnant, you can feed the Diamond Naturals, which is the adult dog food. But once they get to the last four weeks, you need to put them on puppy food. I also get into breeding these little Poms and I need a small breed puppy on the moms and the puppies. They're enjoying it. They eat it. But I would like to see Diamond to come out with some kind of can food. I buy the Nutro can. I don't care any much for Nutro. But then I got a food processor so I blend it up to make a can food. When you have Pomeranian puppies, they're picky. But they eat that. I had them on a Nutro small breed. They turn their nose up at it.

I have a dog that has allergies and I have to get Royal Canin. It's the prescription food for sensitive skin and stomach and it's also grain-free. I'm not too happy with the food because the dog doesn't eat it. So, I'd like to see something from Diamond that is similar to what Royal Canin has. But Diamond Naturals is the best dog food I've ever fed. And if you watch some of these bigger brand names, they have recalls. And Diamond Naturals doesn't. More places need to carry it. The only place I can get it right now is at a few horse feed stores, which is Tractor Supply and Malabar Feed.

My puppies go home with samples that Diamond sent me. Hopefully, if they're smart, they will keep the puppies on it. The price on the food is awesome too. People buy the Purina Puppy. It sounds like a horrible food. They got all kinds of crap in it. Even the Purina Pro Plan, it's an 18-pound bag and it's the price of a 50-pound Diamond bag.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I've been using Diamond for 20 years and it's probably what I'll always feed. I looked at a lot of the different premium brands before and Diamond had the best price. Plus I buy so much that the retailer here gave me a break on the price. I probably go through 150 bags a year. I breed English Springer Spaniels. I have six adult dogs here and I've had two to three litters a year. My son has two dogs and he feeds them Diamond as well. My daughter has got one of our dogs and Diamond is also what they've always fed it because it's what we use. Half the time, their dogs are out here as well.

There's a lot of expensive dog foods out there but I don't really see where they're any better than the Diamond brand. I feed the maintenance formula during the off-season if I don't have a dog that I bred. Then when I breed a dog, I put them on the puppy formula until they have their pups and the pups are weened. The coats on my dogs are good. They're healthy and energetic. When they have puppies, they pretty much maintain their body weight if I can get them to eat. Sometimes, after they've had puppies, their appetite goes down the tubes. But they all do real well. It's cold in the winter here in Northern Montana and I feed them as much as they'll eat in the wintertime because they're outdoor dogs. I've never even brought a dog to the vet because they were sick or had any health problems.

I recommend Diamond to anybody I place pups with. It's their choice. Some people have their preferences that they've fed for years. If they're gonna use a different brand, I put some Diamond in a plastic baggie for them to mix in with whatever brand they're gonna feed. But a lot of them just go ahead and buy Diamond brand before they get here. A lot of people also ask me where I get the Diamond brand and I tell them to go on the website. There's a locator there and you can look up any places near where you live. It's pretty easy find.

I was getting it up in Havre, North 40, and they were giving me a break on it too. But sometimes it would take two or three weeks. It's a big outfit. They must employ 40 people and sometimes, my order will get lost. I get up there and nobody would know anything about it or it would be sitting in the back and they wouldn't call me when it came in. The ACE Hardware here in Chinook kinda carry Diamond so I told them that was a good dog food. I figured if I get it here in Chinook, it'd save me driving up to Havre. There's just the owner and the two workers so I go in and he tells me exactly when it would be in and it's only about three or four days – sometimes, five days. Then when it comes in, they call me and I go pick it up. So it's worked out better. It's a lot more convenient and being so much smaller, it's easier to work with them. There's no mix-up in communication.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: March 26, 2020

Diamond Pet Foods has all the natural stuff, the vegetables, and the probiotics. We were breeding for the last few years. The first litter, we kept. The second litter, we had 10. The last litter we had five. So, 15 different people got Diamond Pet Foods. We gave a little goody bag with all the information and the samples that they sent us. Then at least one of my girls gets rashes under her armpits, like scaly skin, and this stuff really helps out. We love it and recommend it to everybody. You couldn’t ask for a better spokespeople. The price is pretty decent compared to some of the other major brands, and in our opinion, the product is better.

Original review: March 24, 2020

We absolutely love your product, we have 4 dogs, so we buy the 40lb bag at our local Menards. We also like buying it there because of the price and their 11% rebate. Sometimes we also buy the can wet dog food as well. It has gotten to a point that our dogs won't anything but your product. We know that Diamond Naturals is all natural, no by products or preservatives, so we know that they are eating good quality dog food.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I’ve used it for 30 years. I have gotten those little sample packets to take home. I used to always just put them in Ziploc bags and then I got online and ordered those. I got three litters right now that’s about to go home so I need to order again. I called someone last time to order and the process was very good.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I have Australian Shepherds and on average, I have 10 litters a year. Diamond was easily accessible to me and my dogs did very well on it. It was better than what I had been feeding them. The price was very reasonable too. I've been using Diamond for maybe three years now and I just started sending puppies with their samples this past year along with the pamphlet. I tell the owners that that is what the puppy has been on and how well my dogs do on it. I let them know that we feed our adults the Diamond as well. We feed them the Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete. I tried so many different things before. I would have one dog that did get on something and one that didn’t. I was having a lot of lose stool and such. But on the Diamond, everybody has good energy, nice coats, good stool, and no health issues. They all like it.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I've been using Diamond Pet Foods for several years. I have Shar-Peis and was trying to find the best diet for them. Diamond seemed to be the most economical and healthiest diet for them. You hear about skin issues but I never have had any issue on that food with them.

Diamond Pet Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Diamond is a pet food and treat company that offer a variety of high-quality and all-natural food and treats. Diamond makes food for puppies, adult dogs, dogs with sensitive stomachs, pregnant dogs and cats.

• Diamond original: Diamond’s original dry food blend comes in a variety of options. There are blends for puppies, adult dogs, hunting dogs and athletic dogs.

• Diamond Naturals: Diamond Naturals are all-natural food options for dogs of all sizes and lifestyles. These food blends come in both dry and canned food options.

• Grain-free options: If your dog has trouble digesting grains, you can purchase grain-free food from Diamond. These are specialty brands from the Diamond Naturals line that uses no unnatural preservatives.

• Online ingredient list: If your dog has allergies or trouble with some ingredients, you can check to see if your blend contains those ingredients. Diamond lists all of its food ingredients online.

• Diamond Blog: The Diamond Pet Food Blog features regular blog posts. Subjects include transitioning your rescue dogs to a new diet, tips to give medicine to your pet, how to find a diet for a diabetic pet and more.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information