It's that easy Request Information
4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for a new brand of food for your pet? Diamond Pet Foods offers a variety of dry & canned food, as well as treats made specifically for your dogs. Our food is made from high-quality ingredients in order to give your dog the best nutrition possible. Visit our website today to learn more about our products & ingredients!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

410 Diamond Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased two bags from Amazon in December 2018. December 10: Senior Dog Chicken, Egg, & Oatmeal (35 lb) for my 13 year old spitz mutt/mix and December 16: Large Breed Chix & Rice (40 lb) for my 10-month shepherd mix. I weaned both dogs off of their previous foods and as of yesterday, January 2 2019, both of my dogs are having loose stools. Particularly my older dog who still had full-blown diarrhea and was becoming weak. I started feeding rice last week and went and bought him more of his old food last night. I am wondering if I should continue feeding my younger dog this food and may also switch her back after reading all of the recent reviews describing dogs with similar symptoms. Trying to save a buck has really backfired for me. I hope this food has not injured my dog’s GI systems or worse.

Diamond Pet Foods response

We hope that your older dog is back to normal. Since you transitioned him from the old food to the new, it is likely he has a food hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients. I hope that your young dog is continuing to do well. I never want to trivialize a pet getting sick, as I know from personal experience, it is a stressful time. However to put it in perspective, we do sell lots of food and average a concern, like yours, on about one out of ten thousand bags sold.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have been using Diamond for several years now. The price is fair for what I get and I like the ingredients and the way they're used. I changed from my previous pet food not because my dogs weren't eating it, but because of the way it was formulated. The mix had specific chunks of chicken and some dogs would eat it and some dogs would just eat around it. We thought it wasn't a good formula for everybody and the size of the chunks was not good too for the smaller puppies. We found that the ingredients were better with Diamond. I breed Miniature Dachshunds and Diamond has always helped me with some sample packs, the little-bitty packs that I can hand out to my customers. I explain to them why I use Diamond. It works so much better with our supplement that we can tell that it's different than the previous food. We purchase Diamond from a local feed store and we also go to Chewy. All in all, Diamond is the best

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I've been using Diamond Pet Food for two and a half years now. But my husband used them before I got a dog and he's been feeding Diamond for 10 years. We breed white Lab and it works for our puppies. We recently had four females come in and had four different litters. We had 22 pups here instantly about the 1st of September. Once the puppies turn six weeks, we start feeding them Diamond. We feed them Diamond soft puppy food, just mixed it with water, and they get all the nutrients they need. We feed them soft in the morning, dry in the evening.

Diamond sent me a box of pouches, and when we sell a puppy, we send them two to four packs of Diamond with them depending on the size of the puppy so that they can transition over. We try to tell the buyers to stay on Diamond until the pup is a year old because it produces good dogs. We had 24 pups come in January and all of them went home with at least two to four packs of Diamond puppy food. It gives them all the nutrients they need and it boosts their growth. They like it and they eat it. We've tried other brands, but we came back to it. I've been very pleased with them. I highly recommend Diamond to all my customers.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have American Bullies and they were able to digest Diamond better than the other brands. I always use the puppy formula even on my adult. I also have client dogs as I'm a K9 whelper and trainer. I whelp many litters throughout the year and I have four litters right now. I usually give clients samples so they can see if their dog likes Diamond and that usually gets them to buy it. The dog food helps put on the weight the dogs needed and they also enjoy it. I put other things with it like ground beef or coconut oil. It just depends on what each individual dog needs. I've never had any skin problems from it and I've never had my dogs’ coat be dyed a reddish tint or anything from the dyes in the food. We love Diamond and we hope it sticks around. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Early this year, I started using Diamond Naturals. I raise Labradoodles and I was researching a good food to feed my puppies. After looking at several brands, I was impressed with the ingredients that they had in the Diamond Naturals. It is based in the United States and they don't outsource ingredients. They haven't had any recalls either and I like that. So, I started using it when I had my puppies and recommended it to all my puppy parents, and we’ve had really good results with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My family has a feed mill for livestock and they sell dog food and that kind of stuff in it. They sell Diamond, so I went with that route. My dog is a Goldendoodle and she has like some allergies sometimes. I've tried different allergy medicines or food trying to help with that and so far, none of them has completely taken care of it, but I think that's gonna be with any dog food. I've used the Grain-Free and, mostly, the Diamond Naturals. My dog maintains her weight and everything fine. She doesn't have any issues there.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We've had Diamond Pet Foods on and off for 25 years. I feed my large dogs with Adult Performance. I do like it but I was just a little disappointed that they don’t wanna work with breeders when we can be affecting and influencing clients to be purchasing their product, and they don’t seem to care about that. I’ve called Diamond half a dozen times but they didn’t get back to me. One of the issues may have been because we’re not a hardware or a grocery store. But when we sell puppies, they’re coming here. They hold us in quite high esteem and they value our input on what we’re feeding our dogs.

I wouldn’t mind if they do a little work with us or help sponsor our feeds. We’re trying to breed dogs for police work and border patrol. We’ve shifted a bit more away from pets but we still do sell pets because not all of them are gonna make the grade or cut. We still feed Diamond but we are buying pellets from another manufacturer because they wanted to work with us and we’re getting some discount from some suppliers. They’re like, “Just get it from your local suppliers.” And so, we’re getting some from some suppliers but it still doesn’t compare to the other discounts that we’re getting.

I do like Diamond and I would feed them to all the dogs all the time and stay on it but I don’t want to go to bat for them if they can’t cut us a little slack or throw us a bone. If they found a certain group of breeders or clients who are buying their product who are influential in promoting their product, I think it’s a great disservice to their own business to lose us. Unfortunately, I’m done contacting them. I’ve tried and tried, and we ended up switching some dogs off of it and over although we still do have dogs on Diamond.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We've been using The Diamond Naturals for about three years now. We liked the quality that we had researched that it had. And we couldn't tell the difference in the quality of it than some of the more distinctive brands. It's a very good food. The Naturals has more natural ingredients in it. The better food versus the cheaper brands of food, the puppies waste is a lot better. They have a lot more formed stools and their waste doesn't smell as bad. The puppies just seem to do better. Their coats are better as well and they seem happier puppies. And it seems like the puppies have more of an even growth to them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have my lab mix on this brand for most of his 2 1/2 years and have loved it. I had to change him to this light about 4 months ago and everything was fine until the bag I purchased on November 19th through Amazon. I still had quite a lot left from my previous bag, so we just started him on this bag. He is throwing up over and over. Also constantly licking and very thirsty. I remembered I had some reserves from his previous bag in containers in the pantry since it all can't fit in the container. We have given that to him now for the past 2 days and he is back to his normal self. Something is definitely wrong with this bag of food. The production of the code is DM DNL1003 C11N TPB 13:08. Please help. I don't mind paying for good dog food, but not when the whole 30 lb bag makes him vomit.

Diamond Pet Foods response

UPDATE 12/19/2018- our retained samples from your batch remain unchanged from when we released the food for sale. No one else has reported any possible issues with your batch. I hope your lab is feeling better.

So sorry to hear about the vomiting. Thank you for providing the production code. That identifies the batch of food yours came from. We retain samples from each batch. The food was made in our Meta MO plant. The Quality Control Manager is conducting an internal investigation into your batch, Will be back in touch tomorrow with the results. In the meantime, if you haven't already it would be best to put your boy on a bland diet such as boiled rice with a bit of chicken meat to settle his stomach

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I’ve been using Diamond Pet Foods for almost 10 years. My dogs do very well on it. They like it, and I feel that it’s one of the better-quality dog foods you can get for your money that’s not gonna break the bank. I breed Labrador retrievers, and I give the new owners Diamond samples when they take their puppies home and as well as the brochures. I use the Diamond Hi-Energy for my adults, and then the Diamond Puppy food in the purple bags for my puppies. My puppies do very, very well on it. By the time my puppies are seven weeks old, they’re about 15 pounds at least normally, and they’re very, very healthy. They have really, really nice, shiny coats. It’s like a treat to them, so they like the taste of it, which is good.

Some puppy food make the puppies get a little bit of diarrhea, but Diamond doesn’t. None of my dogs have skin energies, and they get fuller faster. It’s not like a filler food. I’ve never had issues feeding Diamond. But the Diamond bags are almost like paper-type of bag. They rip open very easily especially at Fleet Farm. So, a lot of times, some of the bags are ripped open.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We breed Bernese mountain dogs and Bernedoodle, and we have two puppies born every three months. We also have a royal poodle. I've been using Diamond Pet Foods for 10 years now. We tried different brands back and forth, but, typically, their teeth and bowel habits are healthier with Diamond. We also see a consistent weight gain. We feed the puppies with Diamond Natural Large Puppy because they are a large breed of dog. We also send puppies to their new homes with Diamond samples, and everyone that we sold to has continued to use it -- we recommend them to. With the dog food, they are healthy, and we even notice a breath difference on the dogs. We’ve been very happy, and we appreciate it. I wish, however, that there were some coupons we could get every once in a while, or if we could buy in bulk. That would be wonderful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have a 3 1/2 month old Wheaten Terrier. The breeder sent him home with Diamond puppy food. We had nothing but diarrhea. I change to Wellness Core which is what my other dogs were on for their lifetime, nothing changed. Did chicken and rice. Small improvement but still very soft stool. I then went back to Diamond but change from a chicken based food to a beef based food. Next day and every day since, perfect stools. He has gained 10 lbs. and is finally looking healthy. Please don't let the brand guide you. Look at the ingredients most especially the main ingredient. Not all dogs can handle chicken based foods.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I went on DogFoodAdvisor.com and Diamond Pet Foods was ranked as a 5-star dog food. I have 13 big dogs so it's more affordable for me to get it than Taste of the Wild or Blue Buffalo and the quality is the same. I use the Diamond Large Breed Puppy for my puppies and the Senior on my 10-year old dogs because it's a little bit cheaper. I also do the Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete on all the kids that are breeding and once they retire, they go on Life Stages and then they go on to Senior. The Extreme Athlete is a better quality dog food and I like it better than I do the other ones.

My dogs have healthy coats, clear skins and they seem to hang on the weight well. They don't go overweight or become obese but they're not skinny either. There must be lots of good nutrients in the dog food which is what I'm looking for. Sometimes they can get gassy 'cause I give them people food but for most days, they're not too bad. We enjoy our experience and I would recommend Diamond Pet Foods to everybody. People get puppies from us and I call Meta, Missouri and they send me sample packets which I send with the puppies. They buy the smaller bags of the Diamond Large Breed Puppy and then they rotate over to whatever they want but a lot of people stick with the Diamond.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I had a Pomeranian puppy choked to death on some of the cheap and crappy dog food brand I got which was supposed to be puppy food. It was too big a morsel and it got stuck on my puppy's throat. I wanted something that was smaller so I bought the Small Breed Puppy from Diamond and so far, I've never had that bad luck again.

My puppies love Diamond Pet Foods so much that sometimes, I've had to back them off a little bit because they get a little overweight. They've never been picky about Diamond and I like that too 'cause for some dog foods I bought before, they looked at me like, "What are you giving us? This is garbage." I can also buy Diamond right here in town and I don't have to go far to get it and that's good. I like that they give the samples because I always give 10 items for people when they get their puppies. Hopefully, they continue using it too because the puppies seemed to do good on it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I fed Taste of the Wild (A Diamond product) exclusively to my service dog from weaning to age 27 mos. She was diagnosed with Taurine deficiency while in heart failure with DCM due to her diet. And yes, I have that in writing from a board certified cardiologist. I have since learned Diamond does not employ a veterinary nutritionist. Only a vet with “an interest in nutrition.” They don’t do feeding trials. They do little to ensure their food is actually safe and balanced. They DO NOT meet WSAVA standards. And did they care that their food is causing harm? No. They added Taurine but have no science to back up if it helps or as to the amount. It’s “what the industry landed on.” Is that who you want to entrust with your dog’s nutrition? I’d say no. They’re a reckless company that cares more about profit that animal health.

Diamond Pet Foods response
Our heart goes out to you regarding the DCM diagnosis. I'm sure along the way you've learned it has been established that there is a familial tendency and a genetic predisposition to DCM in Great Danes (Meurs et al 2001a). Great Danes were found to have the third highest death rate from heart disease of all breeds of purebred dogs (Egenvall et al 2006). We use a team approach for veterinary and pet nutrition. Dr.Heldman is the Director of Veterinary Affairs and Dr. Brookshire, along with her group of veterinarians, provide regular consultation. In addition, Dr. Fahey, a prominent nutritionist provides nutritional consultation on an ongoing basis. Mark Brinkmann has been formulating recipes for Diamond Pet Foods since 1995, and trained under Mark Morris, the founder of Hill's Science Diet.
As we became aware of the FDA’s findings, we started adding 1000mg taurine/kg of food. Even now there is no requirement for pet food companies to add taurine, since both people and dogs can make their own from the amino acid precursors, cysteine and methionine. Dr. Freeman, a veterinary nutritionist at Tuft’s vet school, wrote, 90% of our patients with DCM, in which taurine has been measured, have normal levels. Yet some of these dogs with DCM with normal taurine levels improve when their diets are changed. This suggests that there’s something else playing a role in most cases – perhaps a deficiency of a different nutrient.

When one looks at doing feeding trials, one must think long and hard about keeping dogs in cages for 6 months. Just because a diet can sustain a dog in a laboratory environment for six months, without causing illness or abnormal blood values, doesn’t mean it will perform the same way for dogs who may lead a much more active and stressful life, and for years on end. Foods that acquire the right to use a nutritional adequacy claim based on feeding trials need not be formulated to meet the other standard for nutritional adequacy: the “nutrient levels” criteria. Foods that pass feeding trials are not required to contain minimum or maximum levels of any particular nutrients. Therefore, it’s possible for a food to sustain dogs long enough to 'pass' the trial, but fail to demonstrate an ability (in real-world, long-term use) to promote optimum health. As one example, mineral excesses may take a year or more to cause noticeable health problems, but a food that claims to provide complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs (a 'maintenance' claim) may have just passed 6 month test. We prefer to do nutritional adequacy testing, so that dogs don't have to be locked in cages for little or no benefit. All of our diets do meet the USA relevant, AAFCO authority, that works with the FDA to ensure pet food is safe and meets all of the pets’ nutritional needs

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have been using Diamond Pet Foods for my dogs for about two years. We read some reviews on it an there were a lot of good reviews about it. We breed Labradoodles and golden doodles and we have litters about twice a year and it has been easy to get the samples from Diamond. I usually just send an email. We use the Large Breed Puppy, Lamb, Rice & Vegetable variant. My dogs are very healthy and they look great. Their coats are nice and thick and their bones have grown normally. We exercise our dogs a lot, so we like the way the protein and the calorie levels are. The food seems to work best for them. We’re very happy with Diamond.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We have Labs and have about three litters a year. We’ve been using Diamond Pet Foods for about five years now. I use the Chicken & Rice variant, the orange and white bag Diamond Naturals for my adult dogs. I use around four measuring cups a day which is according to the bag. I also substitute a lot of stuff in their diet, like eggs, bee pollen and Vitamin C. Still, it’d be nice if Diamond made a 50-pound bag. Also, for the puppies, their stomachs wouldn’t adjust to the puppy food well, so I couldn't keep feeding them that. Nevertheless, the price of Diamond Pet Foods is reasonable for decent food.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We used Diamond over another brand because it was better and by now, we've been using Diamond for our Labrador Retrievers for more than 10 years now. It's a good product for the price. We appreciate that too because we buy so much dog food. We have five dogs and then we have about two litters a year. We use the Diamond Naturals and then with the puppies, the puppy food. When our females are pregnant, we give them the puppy food as well, for large breeds. The dogs like how it tastes and we don't have any problem with them. But we feed them other things too. I don't believe that it's healthy for anybody to eat dry food all the time. It's hard on the digestive system to just have dry food.

I don't like that Diamond changed their dog food bag from paper to plastic though. But when I called them about it, they said they had people saying the opposite. I guess they had enough people to where they thought that they should change. Nonetheless, we recommend Diamond to the people who buy the puppies. Diamond is very generous when they send samples to us and sending the puppies to their new home with those is something extra that people don't expect. We don't just give them a dog. We also do a few other things that make their experience more personal.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Diamond is a good brand of dog food. I have eight Siberian Huskies and when I started feeding Diamond to my dogs, they liked it. They're healthy too. They did very well on it so we kept using it. We use the Diamond puppy food and we've been on it for about four years now. I have about four litters a year and I call Diamond the representative to get samples. I send those with the puppies when they go to their new homes.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I’m a small hobby breeder and I breed miniature dachshunds and dachshunds. When I started, I looked for puppy food that was high in protein and high in fat. I looked at the nutritional analysis and started with the Diamond Puppy Food because it was very much like Eukanuba, which I was using but was a lot less expensive. When the Diamond Naturals came out with no corn, wheat or soy, and the first ingredient is chicken, I was happy to start using that. I have been using Diamond for 10 years at least and my dogs are all very healthy. They have shiny coats and they are very active. I have never had a problem with any of my dogs having a food allergy or not thriving on that food, so when it works, I’m sticking with it. I’ve been very pleased with Diamond and it has been super helpful when I have litters on the ground. I call for the sample packs of puppy food, and they're sent out right away.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We have been feeding our four Great Pyrenees dogs Diamond Natural large breed chicken and rice kibble for many years without a problem until recently. We started our young Pyrenean Mastiff on it last year and it seemed OK at the time. Recently she developed diarrhea, and two days later began vomiting which did not resolve, after a day, we took her to vet emergency hospital where she died of multiple organ failure the following day. Healthy to dead in less than one week. On leash, in kennel or in house; no access to other dogs or forage. Now my Great Pyrenees dogs are showing lesser but related symptoms. I am looking for new food and a toxicology lab to test the Diamond food.

Diamond Pet Foods response

So very sorry to hear of your loss. Did the emergency vet have a list of possible causes for organ failure from the blood work? We are happy to review the blood work if you would like. I imagine there would be some comfort in understanding why she got so sick and passed

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I was really excited to try Diamond Naturals because I have read some good reviews about it, and it is a cheaper brand with good ingredients. However, I tried feeding it to my dog only once yesterday, and he was throwing up as well as scratching his head and licking his paws profusely the entire night. There is fur all over my house from his intense scratching and he has never done this before. I called the vet and they said it is most likely the food so I will be stopping it immediately. It is too bad because I had high hopes for this brand! So to other buyers please beware and be cautious before you buy a 40 lb bag like I did that you cannot use for the sake of your dog’s health.

Diamond Pet Foods response

Hope your dog is back to normal. Sounds like he has a food allergy to one of the ingredients. Please call us @ 800.442.0402 and we can follow through with our satisfaction guarantee

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I’ve raised two litters of Labradoodle puppies on Diamond and everything went really well. Somebody had recommended it to me and it was sold at Tractor Supply where we get our things, and I've been using it for five years now. I went with the Naturals and the puppies had no issues with any skin or ear problems. I would definitely recommend Diamond Pet Foods.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We breed dogs, but they're our pets too and we give them the Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy formulation. We used it based on a lot of good reviews on the Large Breed Puppy food and I've been using it for three years now since I’ve had dogs. I also used it for eight years before that and I got off of the Diamond for a minute just to try something different, then I had to go back to it. Diamond helps our dogs' coats and muscle tone. It also helps them put weight on but in a nice way. And whenever the puppies are about to go to their new homes, we get two bags of samples from Diamond which goes out to each client.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I would recommend Diamond Pet Foods to anybody. Somebody recommended it and I've been using it for over 10 years. I looked at the ingredients on it too, and they had said, "Check out the Diamond All Natural." I started using it then, and I really liked it. We used the regular Diamond, and I had to quit because, to me, it made the puppies' poop smell too bad. When I switched to the All Natural, there was a big difference. The poop doesn't smell as bad. I breed Pomeranians, Shih Tzus, Poodles, and Yorkies, and the puppies all do good off of the Diamond All Natural Puppy. It is a small breed puppy food, because the little bites are so tiny that they can eat it. We've never had any problems, and I also feed it to the lactating mommas because it has a little bit of calcium in it. The mommas get it. I give it to them two to three weeks before they have their babies, and then they eat it up until they weaned off their babies.

I'm on the Diamond breeders program, and so, I give my buyers the sample doggy bag puppy pet food, and I tell them to leave it on the puppies for a year, and as they get older, then they can switch to the regular Diamond. But if they can't get it, take the packages, and mix them half and half of what they get. For the most part, most of them are willing because they can get it at Tractor Supply and the feed stores all have it. I've had people that have brought me back the puppy because something happened and they couldn't keep it, or they had to move, and they all bring me these big bags of Diamond Pet Foods. But I strongly recommend that they keep using it, at least till the dog's a year old.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was looking for something that was high quality then and Diamond was rated very good so I decided to try it. We used it for five years and we were very happy with it. We breed miniature dachshund and we used the Diamond Naturals Small Breed Puppy for all of the puppies and the pregnant moms. And then for everybody else, which would include moms that weren’t pregnant, nursing dogs and the males, we used the Diamond Naturals. Chicken & Rice was the most that we used, and then once in a while, I'd get a Lamb or a Beef just to mix in and give them a little variety.

But then, somebody told us to switch food every few years and not just stay on the same thing. I didn’t think that was really true but someone suggested this new kind to me to try and so I gave it a try. I noticed that with Diamond, when our nursing moms were about three weeks into having their babies, they had diarrhea or very soft stools. But that didn't happen with the new kind. Nevertheless, everybody was healthy and got beautiful coats with the Diamond pet food. We were very happy with it and many, many people too because we give out samples. When they see how healthy and beautiful the dogs are, then they wanna continue with it. In fact, we have swayed hundreds and hundreds of people to Diamond. We were telling a lot of people about it and I had it on the website too.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I breed Italian mastiffs and I feed them Diamond Naturals Large Breed because of the quality. My dogs have good, shiny coats and good overall health.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We've been using Diamond Pet Foods for our dogs for about five years. I use the Diamond Naturals for Puppies, for Large breeds for the Great Pyrenees and Diamond Naturals for Small Breed Puppy. I also use just the Diamond Puppies for my males and Diamond Naturals for my indoor cat. I like the protein content and it’s also convenient for me to get. The dogs like it and I always recommend it. Also, when I’d have puppies the reps of Diamond Pet would send me out stuff for the puppy packs.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I'm a breeder and I was looking for something to feed the dogs. I wanted something that I could feed to both the puppies and the parents, and when I feed it to the puppies, it wouldn't upset their stomachs with the changeover. I've been using Diamond for over a year now and the dogs have been good on it. But the puppies couldn't handle the All Life Stages. It was too big. I have the small breeds, Maltese, Shorkies and Shih Tzu. I went to the small breed puppy food and they seem to do better with that. When I sell the dogs, I also give my customers the sample pack that I get through Diamond.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

When I started using Diamond, it was because a friend has had it for a little while and really liked it. She also liked that they made the small kibble. I have Schnauzers and I've been using Diamond for several years now. I was using the Diamond Natural Small Breed Puppy but I'm on the Tennessee-Virginia line and I have a hard time finding it here. I hate that part. Tractor Supply carries it but they would never order me the other bag. So I usually use the regular Diamond Puppy. Nonetheless, all my dogs have done well on Diamond and I've never had any complaints about their health and well-being.

Diamond Pet Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Diamond is a pet food and treat company that offer a variety of high-quality and all-natural food and treats. Diamond makes food for puppies, adult dogs, dogs with sensitive stomachs, pregnant dogs and cats.

• Diamond original: Diamond’s original dry food blend comes in a variety of options. There are blends for puppies, adult dogs, hunting dogs and athletic dogs.

• Diamond Naturals: Diamond Naturals are all-natural food options for dogs of all sizes and lifestyles. These food blends come in both dry and canned food options.

• Grain-free options: If your dog has trouble digesting grains, you can purchase grain-free food from Diamond. These are specialty brands from the Diamond Naturals line that uses no unnatural preservatives.

• Online ingredient list: If your dog has allergies or trouble with some ingredients, you can check to see if your blend contains those ingredients. Diamond lists all of its food ingredients online.

• Diamond Blog: The Diamond Pet Food Blog features regular blog posts. Subjects include transitioning your rescue dogs to a new diet, tips to give medicine to your pet, how to find a diet for a diabetic pet and more.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information