It's that easy Request Information
4.17/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for a new brand of food for your pet? Diamond Pet Foods offers a variety of dry & canned food, as well as treats made specifically for your dogs. Our food is made from high-quality ingredients in order to give your dog the best nutrition possible. Visit our website today to learn more about our products & ingredients!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

433 Diamond Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

One of the first ingredients of Diamond is meat or meat by-products and it’s paramount to me. I raise and breed mastiffs and they have to eat meat. Meat should be their first ingredient. I also like how Diamond adjusted the different vitamins and minerals that they added. I have tried other brands but I always went back to Diamond because the dogs like it better. I tried Victor for a while, but I had to add some dog food to it for the dogs to eat it. I put the dogs back on Diamond and they immediately started eating the dog food again with no hesitancy.

I start my puppies immediately on Diamond. I grind Diamond Puppy Formula until it’s a mash, then I add it to the formula that I’ve used. I add that to the milk replacer and I soak the soft puppy foods in that. The puppies start on that when they are two weeks old. I call Diamond and ask for samples to send with the new puppies and they always send me some. I send a pamphlet with the new owners so that they understand what Diamond offers and continue with Diamond as well.

I have the Diamond Performance and the puppies just gobble it up as soon as I put it in the bowl. It’s a little more expensive, but it has all the ingredients and the nutritional value that I need for my puppies. We are in the show world and my dogs are making champions and grand champions repeatedly. They are what they eat. I had gone off Diamond before but have always had to go back because it makes my dogs look and perform better. They also feel better and their coats show it.

Diamond is a better quality food and I recommend it to everybody. I have been in the grocery store before and someone was standing there, looking at the bag of whatever grocery the store sells. I told him to look at the first ingredient and he said that it has corn. I asked how many dogs he sees in the cornfield going and I immediately recommended him to Diamond and told him where to purchase. Also, I was over at our friend’s house today and she is also a mastiff breeder. She asked what I feed my dogs because she said that my dogs always grow so much bigger and healthier than hers and I told her I stick with Diamond.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We've been using Diamond Pet Foods for 30 years now. It was recommended by the breeders that I bought my Rottweilers from. It was very hard to find back in the 80's but I was lucky enough to find a farmer who had a little feed store and he would order it for me. I originally used to always use the green or the yellow bag, depending on what breed of dog I had, but as I switched from Rottweilers and German Shepherds and Boxers to Chihuahuas, I require a lot smaller kibble. And so, we have switched to the Naturals in which you do offer an adult small kibble. However, not everybody around here carries it. I just started breeding Chihuahuas so I just had one litter, so far. The lady that I talked to sent me the one type of puppy food as well as the Diamond Natural Puppy food, so I got the purple bag and the white and navy blue bag. However, I can’t find any puppy bag bigger than a 6-pound bag.

My son is in the military so his Corso dog is here as well. He’s a big boy, about 125 pounds. He was the runt of the litter and my son got him because somebody was using him at four weeks old as bait in the city. So, when we brought him here, he had a lot of health issues. I went from the regular Diamond food which seemed to be okay, but he was having stomach issues, so I went to the lamb and rice of the Diamond Natural. I tried a lot of different lamb and rice because they didn’t carry Diamond Natural where I always got my feed at.

So, after I tried all that, I happened to go to a different pet store. The Pet Supplies Plus carried the lamb and rice Naturals and I switched him to that, and the problem went out. Otherwise, any other food that I had him on I also had to feed him with pumpkin, and he had to have peanut butter supplemented in there, and hard boiled eggs. One of the things that I love about Diamond Naturals is that there is no extra supplements that you have to add to it. Everything’s in there and they do well on it. He had a wicked stomach and there’s just something about the Diamond Natural’s lamb and rice that he does very well on. And he has been on it since he’s been here, and he’s six now.

Furthermore, I'd like to be able to get my bag of food, and if I’ve got a problem with it, I wanna know where I got it from. I don’t wanna order it from a warehouse because it’s been sitting in there for how long. And I definitely like the plastic type bags. It’s a lot more sturdier and easier. Sometimes, I have to drag it through the house because I’m not very strong and the bags that were made in paper layers sometimes would tear at the bottom, but the plastic type doesn’t. It’d be nice though if they make other animal feeds too because we work with a rescue on a ranch so we get a lot of animals like turkeys, chickens, donkeys and horses. It would be great though to be notified any time they come out with new products.

With Diamond Pet Food, my dogs don’t get sick at all. I have no problem with running stool and there isn’t a lot of excess stool. My dogs poop twice a day and it’s manageable. I just wish I could find the Adult Small Breed formula in a bigger bag. I looked yesterday and I was told that I could find it in Michigan. I went on to the Pet Supplies Plus up in Michigan and that’s where they showed me that they had a 6-pound bag and an 18-pound bag of the Adult Small Breed. I could order it from them and have it shipped here.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have been using Diamond Pet Foods since 1991. I started out with Dobermans in the beginning and I was given a list of different brands to feed them. And the kennel I got them was where I got my first bag of Diamond from. She said she fed it to all of her Dobermans because that seemed to work the best and it was economical when you have a large group of dogs.

Then, I progressed past several different breeds of dogs, primarily Dobermans and Shepherds, but for the last 10 years, I've had just English Mastiff and once they become full-grown adults, they go through one large bag a month per dog. Right now, with having four of them, I go through a bag every four days. So far, my dogs don't have any health problems at all. They don't lose weight but gain appropriately. They don't eat a lot, so food is out at all time and there's never a challenge for food. Also, I've always pre-fed my dogs and I find that pre-feeding them makes them not so aggressive and they decide what pattern they want to be on, so they're not trying to force themselves to eat to your schedule.

I've always had a good experience with Diamond. I like them and I've never had any problems with the dog food. I also call Diamond's toll free number and get puppy packs for when I have puppies and they send me puppy packs with extra little bags that look like the regular bags to go home. The first time I did it, they needed to sign me up as a breeder. When I lived up in Northeast Kansas, they had where I could buy directly from a wholesaler. Then, I moved to South Central Kansas and they don't have any of those in my area now that has an exclusive contract. So they changed their policy and I can't buy in bulk from a wholesaler anymore.

I recommend Diamond to everyone when I sell my puppies. I had a buyer in Bethel, Alaska that could not access the puppy food, so she stuck her dogs on Blue Diamond dog food. And I've had several potential puppy owners say that that was recommended to them also but I told them that I was not switching. However, I give them enough Diamond puppy food and the dogs can transition from that to another dog food easily. Also, some of the cheaper brands at Wal-Mart have so many fillers in them that the dogs poop a lot. But with Diamond, I don't have that problem, so I sorta brag about it. And if Diamond was sold at Wal-Mart, I would have no problems buying it. But I am specific and exclusive to the brand, so I stick to it. And I know that other brands are coming out with natural products and all these other different ingredients, but I stick to the same stuff I've been using since '91. When it works, why change it?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Every dog at my kennel has been raised on Diamond Pet Foods for about 15 years. I like the consistency of the product. Years ago, I had another product that I had been using for about 12 years and it was a very successful small company. It got bought up by a big conglomerate and the first thing they did was change the ingredients. Anybody that raises dogs hates that because dogs have extremely delicate digestive systems. Dogs can eat garbage but if they're used to eating garbage, that's fine. But if you take a dog that's been eating a certain food for years and throw even the smallest change in there, that kennel owner is gonna be cleaning a lot of kennels because the dogs will repaint your floors for you and I hate that.

For six years before that, we made our own food. I was friends with a guy and we had a dog food company of our own. We made food for our Shepherds and about 15 other kennels and they were trying to grow just like everybody does when they get started. We had a very good product and it was very consistent. We always used exactly the same ingredients and it was high-quality and we did that especially because it was for our own dogs. At that time, I had about 11 dogs but he had a whole kennel of about 30 and we needed consistency and the dogs were working Shepherds. They were Schutzhund dogs, so they were on trials and tracking, heavy training, and that kind of work demands high protein and digestible protein.

When the guy that we went into this partnership with turned out to be a crook and disappeared with the recipe and our money, we had to scramble. We tried Iams and it was good for two years. Then they did what we hate. They got a new guy in their lab who said that he could make the dog food cheaper. Though they made it cheaper, they were poisoning a lot of dogs because we found out that they were putting freeze-dried ground up tires in their food. The chemist that they hired in their lab to do this should have gone to cooking school because we all know that when you heat products up to a certain temperature, things change.

In this case, the rubber that makes these tires is perfectly okay for you and me to pass through our systems without releasing the toxins if it was ground up and powdered. At 400 degrees, the chemicals break down and all of the dangerous chemicals are released and dog food is baked at 450 degrees, so all the chemicals got released. They didn't know this and they killed a lot of dogs and we were petrified. We immediately took it out of our kennels, threw dog food away, and went to a different brand.

Then, I found National Dog Food up in New Holstein. I was picking up fox food for a friend of mine who had a fox farm and National Fur Food products made fur foods. I have never seen it before and the guy said that it is because they sell about 95% of it to the sled dogs in Alaska. My brain immediately told me that sled dogs are hardworking dogs.

The guy told me that it's highly digestible, high-protein dog food and that they make 30% brand for working trail dogs, 26% working dog food and a 24% maintenance. So, I talked to him a little bit and he gave me a 50-pound bag and I liked his sales pitch. I told him I have a 50-pound bag as a joke because I'll feed that out in two days and I won't know any results because in two days, I won't see anything. But he said to only feed it to my hardest keeper, the dog that just doesn't have a good coat and doesn't put weight on. He knew his stuff. That dog grew a new coat and she was beautiful. So, we fed that for years and then they got bought up by a conglomerate and they immediately changed the recipe. They're using cheaper products and I immediately went into a panic.

At that time, I had 22 dogs. I had a friend who also raises German Shepherds and she was feeding Diamond Peet Foods. Many years ago, Diamond had a bad reputation with dogs getting bloat. They had a problem with changing their recipe repeatedly, so I was scared to feed Diamond years ago. She told me that Diamond has changed, that they've really come around, and that they've got this new product called Diamond Naturals that has no additives. She asked me to look at her dogs, so I went over to her house and the dogs were beautiful. They got really nice and smooth coats. I then picked up five bags and I told my wife that we were gonna have a little bit of a clean-up situation for a week. But we didn't. It only lasted two days and the dogs were settled which was impressive. And I've been feeding Diamond Pet Foods since.

Every dog here at my kennel right now, my very oldest dog to my puppies that are outside, have been raised on it. Both our studs have been raised on it. Jake was born and raised on it. He was born here and out of parents who were raised on that food before that. They have fabulous bone. Both of my studs passed their OFAs and in the last 15 years, we have only had four people call us back with hip problems with our dogs and part of that hip problem thing is nutrition. Not every dog can eat Diamond though. We have three dogs here that don't. They get loose stools but it's nothing with the dog food. Each of us has different digestive systems. We have certain foods that we can't eat, that everybody else can. Dogs are just the same. They have certain foods that bother their systems.

One of them is our house stud. He was raised on Diamond and he did great on it. But at about five years old, he started developing a skin rash and we traced it down to the grains used in the food. We went to a grain-free food for him and he's fine. Sam, our second stud wasn't raised by us as a puppy but he was raised on Diamond ever since he was seven weeks old. We took him off of it this year because he got some terrible skin rashes between his toes and his feet swell up and bleed. We're trying grain-free for him now and it seems to be working. I would like to see Diamond come up with grain-free dog food in the 24% to 26% area. That is what we feed here at our kennels and I would switch all of my dogs to it. I understand that something like that might be a little more expensive than what I'm buying now but if they can find a way of getting it reasonably priced, I wanna do that for my kennel and for my clients.

My dogs are beautiful and my wife and I are both very happy with Diamond Pet Foods. We get a lot of puppy kits from Diamond because we make approximately six to eight litters a year. They're all from here but two of my daughters have dogs and we sell their puppies for them. I've been doing this for 35 years and we have very fertile studs and our litters are averaging 10 very healthy puppies which is far above the average of seven. So, we also get large litters with Diamond Naturals. We recommend it to all of our clients. We have two other kennels that are feeding it now, so we have spread the word.

Original review: July 29, 2018

We have been using Diamond Pet Foods for a long time. They have a good quality assurance program where they check their products. They went through their growing pains like any dog food company where they had recalls, but if you look at their recent history over the last seven years, they’ve had very few recalls, if any. Also, they have plants on a national scale. They have them on the East Cost and West Coast.

We breed Cocker Spaniels and have litters weekly. We send samples with the puppies to their new homes and require Diamond for the first year. Dogs have a unique set of bacteria in their gut. When the puppy is born, he's on mama’s milk. Then you wean him on a slurry wet food, milky stuff to get him on the solid food, just like a child. Then you get him on dry food and when they’re 8-weeks old they have that one set of bacteria in their gut which will digest it properly and they’ll have good stools. Plus, you don’t run the risk of diarrhea. We use Diamond Naturals Small Breed Puppy and we use all three varieties of Diamond Naturals. We try to change every few months from one of the Diamond Natural products to the next with our adults to give them a different flavor to keep eating interest high and making sure that the dogs are eating well.

When you change dog foods, you can really end up with a problem, which is why we want them to stay on Diamond because you want good stools. A person who is a professional in the dog business can evaluate the health and well-being of the dog based on the stools. We want little tootsie rolls coming out of these babies, so we know they’re healthy, the digestive system is working well and they’re handling what they’re supposed to have. I maintain contact with all of my owners for the life of the dog and when it’s time to change over to adult food, I encourage people to transition to another Diamond product, which is the adult food that we use here. It’s all for the well-being of the dog. Also, I wish Diamond had better distribution agreements with some people in different parts of the country, but that’s a sales and marketing issue that they have to attend to. It’s hard managing a national brand, but they do a good job all in all. I recommend them every day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: May 7, 2019

I recently tried Diamond brand dog food for the first time. I chose the Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice. My pointer/pit bull mix seemed to like the taste. Unfortunately it gave him bad gas, upset stomach (even with a slow transition) to where he obviously felt awful, and anal problems. I don't know what was wrong with the product but I had to throw out a lot of dog food. Another brand I will never touch again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 3, 2019

My cat had been eating Diamond Indoor cat formula for the last 5 years but I got a new bag on April 11 2019, and he started throwing up. 11 times in one night so I had to take him to the vet. Nothing was found but nothing else except the food had changed. The rest of that week I fed him baby food which he was able to keep down. The next weekend another bag of the same food arrived, as I thought maybe that badge was bad. That day he ate again from the new bag and started throwing up again. Diamond says nothing was found in quality control but I have no doubt it was something with the new bags of food. Has anybody else has had any recent problems with this food?

Diamond Pet Foods response

Hi Luisa- we spoke to your vet. She shared it was the third time your cat has had vomiting issues since coming to the US. This one involved a hairball. Your vet said she did not have a diagnosis but had a list of differential diagnoses (possible reasons for the vomiting). You may wish to follow up with her to see if the exact cause can be identified. We understand the next step is xrays and bloodwork

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had purchased Diamond Naturals Chicken on Monday, April 22nd from Care-a-Lot in St. Clairsville, OH and started mixing it in with his other food on Tuesday evening as I was going to start feeding him this food. He is a 20lb Cairn Terrier, who has never had any issues with any food he has eaten, until now. He threw up in the middle of the night Tuesday, threw up 4 times yesterday and once last night and 4 times today. He doesn't seem as if anything is bothering him and is still acting normal. Still wanting to eat and drink at this point as well. I have never given him this food and the only reason I switched to it was because I switched him from grain free back to grain food. He doesn't have any allergies or issues with chicken as he was eating Whole Earth Farms Small Breed Chicken and Turkey. I am not sure why this is happening, if it is related to the food switch or something else but I am very concerned for him as this is not usual behavior.

Diamond Pet Foods response

We emailed you last Thursday. In case you didn't get it, here is the body of the email "Sorry to hear that. What’s his name? How long had he been on WEF’s? What was the foods ratio you fed Tuesday? About how long after he ate did the middle of the night vomit happen? What was in the vomit- undigested food, liquid, foam, bile? I’m glad he’s acting normal otherwise. It does sound like an allergic reaction. Maybe to the rice since the other ingredients are similar between the two brands? Do you still have the bag? If so we would love to have the production code from the bag, hopefully you still have it"

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have used the green bag of Diamond for something time now and had no issues. I bought a bag in April of this year and will probably never buy any more. My dogs stools became runny and had blood in it. They lost weight drastically and began throwing up blood as well. I switched to Blue Buffalo and these issues are now gone. My dogs could have died from this food and I'm very lucky they didn't. I'm not sure what happened this year to the dog food. Maybe the ingredients changed but I really hope y'all are looking into this to fix the problem!

Diamond Pet Foods response

Glad they are doing better. Might you still have the bag?

Resolution response: April 24, 2019

The company has actually reached out to me already and they are trying to help me figure out the ear infection issues. Another reason why I want to continue to support this brand!
It has not even been 24hrs

Hopefully we can figure this out so all 3 of my fur babies can go back to eating the food they love!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

We have used Diamond Naturals since day 1 with our pit bull. She loves the food and has been eating it for 4 years. All the sudden she is experiencing ear infection after ear infection. We changed foods and the infections stopped but she does not like the food. I am tired of trying different foods wasting money and for her to keep having something different. I would like to go back to Diamond but am wondering if they have changed anything? I'm scared to try it again. I have 2 dogs and they both prefer the Diamond food. Can Diamond let me know if anything changed before I risk trying it again?

Original review: April 17, 2019

My vet recommended Diamond Pet Foods back in the seventies (Texas). When I moved to Colorado, it was hard to find. The local Big "R" carries, but doesn't always have the type I feed my dogs. They are thriving!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

My husband did his homework regarding the food he would feed our dogs. He did research & found what he wanted. It's sold in Hsv, Al. @ Garvin's Feed & Seed. We've used this dog food now for 10 yrs. & we are still pleased. All 3 dogs love it.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have three dogs and my dogs love this food; they are very healthy; it is lower in cost than most premium dog foods and easily found in most pet/feed stores. Just a really good all around food. I have recommended this food to all my dog parent friends and family.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Quality food for my puppy and can feed less amount because of the quality. Quality ingredients to feed his high energy. Had other dogs in the past and did not realize the food I was giving them was damaging until my 1st lab I owned started to get sick with bloody stools and then switched to a quality food. You get what you pay for!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've had my lab 9 years. He had GI problems from the 1st day and was allergic to many of the things they put in dry dog food, even the most famous brands. I needed a food with no grains and no soy. I used the small breed for my smaller dogs, the beef flavor for my lab and have now switched all of them to Senior.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Diamond Naturals dog food is grain free and a great food for the price. The food was the suggested food that be fed to a dog that I adopted from a dog rescue in IL. The dog food comes in lamb and chicken.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have made many calls to Chewy which I I have purchased this dog food. I have made phone calls to Diamond and they could not help me because I did not have the SKU on the bag. But 1 dog would not eat eat it. 2 had runny stools and threw up from it. My beagle stopped eating, became listless and passed at the vet. The vet told me it was his kidneys. I can't believe that nobody, nobody had any of the stock numbers that reflect any time between Feb and early March of this year, where these products were shipped. Big manufacturers I am sure keep a paper trail. Sincerely, Corinne.

Original review: March 21, 2019

We have been feeding Diamond high energy for 2.5 years now. We have working border collies. They all have done well with this until recently. These dogs have to be able to run for up to 10 miles sometimes more in a day during our busy season. Now they won't eat their food. So we swapped to the Diamond High Performance. They won't eat that either. It has an awful smell too. What is up Diamond? Did you change recipes?

Diamond Pet Foods response

Hello, we emailed you but haven't heard back. Please give us and ask for Product Specialist, Holly. We want to help get your border collies ready for the season

Original review: March 17, 2019

The bad reviews I’ve read are unfortunate. Although, I like to know if those people had issues with other brands as well. Food allergies are very possible. I know Diamond Naturals is a family business, so it would be nice if people that have had issues could factually prove it’s the food and not the dogs. Bad reviews on assumptions can hurt a business and I think that’s terrible... What people have to understand is that these reviews typically state the effects their dogs were having at the time they were eating this food. Root cause analysis hasn’t been done to determine those dogs were having such symptoms. There are a zillion reasons for dogs to puke or have diarrhea. This shouldn’t be a reflection on Diamond Naturals just because symptoms have been put in a bad review without proof.

Now I’ll give my experience with Diamond Naturals. I have 2 dog that are 16 yrs old. I got them both when they were about 1. (8 lb Havanese and 65 lb mixed Husky/Shepherd/Beagle) They’ve both eaten this brand of food for 15 yrs and they are in great health! People are shocked when I tell them how old they are, because they’re so active. They always ask what they eat. I am always proud to brag about Diamond Naturals??? Thank you Diamond Naturals!

Diamond Pet Foods response

So glad you love Diamond Pet Foods! Your points are well taken. It is seemingly human nature to think if your dog or cat has GI issues, it must be from the food. However you are correct, it is likely not. We encourage pet owners to contact us directly, # is printed on the bag, and we will be more than happy to investigate the food to rule it out as well as work with you to find a food that does work well for your pet

Original review: March 6, 2019

I am a great fan of Diamond Naturals Beef and Rice. From time to time my area has none of them in stock. I tried Maintenance and my little dog started throwing up about 4-5 am. Once Diamond Natural Chicken and Rice was in stock, I started the switch over, that I did over a week, and that stopped. However, now that I am feeding 100% Naturals for only one whole day, my Kerry Blue became quite ill with throw ups and diarrhea and spent the day at the vet's getting IVs and on meds. Day two of the Diamond Chicken, the little dog has stopped eating it and is not well. The only thing that has changed in their lives is the Diamond Chicken. Thank you.

Diamond Pet Foods response

Sorry to hear about your sick little doggie. Sounds like he/she may have a food hypersensitivity to chicken, You mention multiple dogs? I assume the others are doing well?

Original review: March 6, 2019

I purchased a 40 pound bag of Diamond Naturals large breed chicken and rice food for my bullmastiff. He has many lefties so I have to be careful while selecting his food. He instantly loved this food but he started having diarrhea. His loose stools were frequent and very large. He had loose stools for a week.

Diamond Pet Foods response

Sorry to hear about the allergies. Unfortunately there is no good test for food allergies so the gold standard is feeding to exclude what doesn't work until you find one that does.Few dogs have food allergies to fish protein. Diamond Naturals Skin& Coat is salmon based so that may work well

Original review: March 1, 2019

Hi, I have 5 dogs. 4 are big breeds and the puppy is a Lhasa Apso. The big breeds (Boer Boel and the Rottweilers) are doing very well with Diamond Hi-energy. However the Lhasa Apso is having skin allergies and we changed her food from rice and fish to Diamond Puppy and she has been on it for 2 months. We started noticing skin reactions. We thought was something else but it has gone worse. Her skin is rough and the vet says it is a possibility that she is allergic to her food. Any experiences similar to this? And what can I change to?

Diamond Pet Foods response

Your Lhasa may have a food allergy to chicken, which is the protein source in Diamond puppy. She may also have seasonal or inhalation allergies. Please call us and ask to speak to our veterinarian with reference #108619 and we will sort this out for you

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

About 8-10 months ago, I started using Diamond Naturals for my Ridgebacks. I read the ingredients and was very surprised at how healthy it looked. I vividly recall opening the bag and got a whiff of this food. I was amazed at how good it smelled. I am not kidding, I almost wanted to take a taste. It smelled that good. The other thing I noticed at the time was that when I moisten my dog's good that it made a really nice gravy.

This experience went on for about 3 months. However, now something has changed. The food no longer has any smell when I open the bag. In fact, when I hold it up to my nose, I wonder if I should be feeding it to my dogs at all. It smells not so good. Like sort of "chemically" or something. I thought maybe that this was just a bad batch. But no, I have waited for the past several months for my experience to return. The other thing is that it no longer makes the nice gravy that I used to get from it. SOMETHING has definitely changed. I am no longer impressed and I have stopped recommending it to my puppy buyers and other breeder friends. Now looking for another food. I suppose they will respond to this review - but I hope they don't tell me the formulation hasn't changed. I am not stupid. I can tell the difference.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

My dog loves this food! I feel good about it because of its great ingredients. The shape and color of the food pellets changed but price stayed the same. I continued to feed it to my dog with the same result.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We have a 9 week old border terrier and have been feeding kibble supplied by the breeder. We bought Diamonds Naturals Small Breed puppy food and introduced it at a mixture of 25% Diamonds/75% breeder kibble. The pup's stools went from firm formed to soft and mushy with increased volume. I selected Diamond based on Dog Food Advisor. I am hesitant to increase the % of Diamond food now and not sure what to switch to. I would love to go back to the breeder kibble only but it is a regional brand not available in my state and unfortunately I have only a 5 day supply left. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Diamond Pet Foods response

from Gary--I am writing with followup on the switch from Diamond Naturals Puppy to Diamond Puppy. The stools have stabilized and are firmer and well shaped again. It looks like your recommendation has worked.

from Diamond- That's great, thanks for letting us know

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We have had collies for the past 20 years. I started using Diamond on the advice of our vet many years ago. Best decision ever. We buy it at the Farm Store. It's about thirty dollars for fifty pounds. We have three Collies so the price fits our budget. Our collies have always been with great coats. I also give them the dog biscuits to keep their teeth clean. I really appreciate Diamond keeping the price down for years and having a healthy product we can depend on for our Collies.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Have been feeding my adult American Pit-bull the blue bag of diamond naturals (Beef Meal and rice formula), and ever since he has had constant diarrhea for a month. Also he has flatulence around 5/7 times a day. I would like to keep him on a natural diet but after doing some research it seems that the beef proteins are giving him a food allergy giving him a food intolerance. He likes the taste but he seems to have an upset stomach and tries to eat grass to suppress it.

Diamond Pet Foods response

Your dog could very well have a food hypersensitivity. That is intrinsic to your dog and not the fault of the food. Other protein sources available in Diamond Naturals are salmon (skin&coat) and chicken&rice. Salmon would probably be the best bet. Please let us know if that doesn't fix the problem

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased through Amazon. I assumed this food would be fine since we have fed him the Costco brand for years and I thought they were both the same. Well, I was wrong. We'll be going back to the Kirkland brand. Tried feeding him some simple rice and chicken and he kept that down. This is not the first review about this food causing vomiting. That's concerning...

Diamond Pet Foods response

Sorry to hear about the vomiting. Which Diamond product did you try? It was likely a transition issue or food hypersensitivity issue if the protein source between the two products are different. Nonetheless we are happy to refund you for the bag.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased two bags from Amazon in December 2018. December 10: Senior Dog Chicken, Egg, & Oatmeal (35 lb) for my 13 year old spitz mutt/mix and December 16: Large Breed Chix & Rice (40 lb) for my 10-month shepherd mix. I weaned both dogs off of their previous foods and as of yesterday, January 2 2019, both of my dogs are having loose stools. Particularly my older dog who still had full-blown diarrhea and was becoming weak. I started feeding rice last week and went and bought him more of his old food last night. I am wondering if I should continue feeding my younger dog this food and may also switch her back after reading all of the recent reviews describing dogs with similar symptoms. Trying to save a buck has really backfired for me. I hope this food has not injured my dog’s GI systems or worse.

Diamond Pet Foods response

We hope that your older dog is back to normal. Since you transitioned him from the old food to the new, it is likely he has a food hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients. I hope that your young dog is continuing to do well. I never want to trivialize a pet getting sick, as I know from personal experience, it is a stressful time. However to put it in perspective, we do sell lots of food and average a concern, like yours, on about one out of ten thousand bags sold.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have been using Diamond for several years now. The price is fair for what I get and I like the ingredients and the way they're used. I changed from my previous pet food not because my dogs weren't eating it, but because of the way it was formulated. The mix had specific chunks of chicken and some dogs would eat it and some dogs would just eat around it. We thought it wasn't a good formula for everybody and the size of the chunks was not good too for the smaller puppies. We found that the ingredients were better with Diamond. I breed Miniature Dachshunds and Diamond has always helped me with some sample packs, the little-bitty packs that I can hand out to my customers. I explain to them why I use Diamond. It works so much better with our supplement that we can tell that it's different than the previous food. We purchase Diamond from a local feed store and we also go to Chewy. All in all, Diamond is the best

Diamond Pet Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Diamond is a pet food and treat company that offer a variety of high-quality and all-natural food and treats. Diamond makes food for puppies, adult dogs, dogs with sensitive stomachs, pregnant dogs and cats.

• Diamond original: Diamond’s original dry food blend comes in a variety of options. There are blends for puppies, adult dogs, hunting dogs and athletic dogs.

• Diamond Naturals: Diamond Naturals are all-natural food options for dogs of all sizes and lifestyles. These food blends come in both dry and canned food options.

• Grain-free options: If your dog has trouble digesting grains, you can purchase grain-free food from Diamond. These are specialty brands from the Diamond Naturals line that uses no unnatural preservatives.

• Online ingredient list: If your dog has allergies or trouble with some ingredients, you can check to see if your blend contains those ingredients. Diamond lists all of its food ingredients online.

• Diamond Blog: The Diamond Pet Food Blog features regular blog posts. Subjects include transitioning your rescue dogs to a new diet, tips to give medicine to your pet, how to find a diet for a diabetic pet and more.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information