4.52/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NomNomNow is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Our fresh, made-to-order meals are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist, prepared using only human-grade ingredients, portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and delivered directly to your door. No fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products, and no measuring! NomNomNow also sells single ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are perfect for your dog or cat.

Now offering a Probiotics for Dogs for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit for Pets to learn more about their gut bacteria, NomNomNow strives to help pet parents understand their loved ones better. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about how NomNomNow’s fresh customized nutrition — and our companion wellness products — will help your pet thrive!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

207 NomNomNow Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 30, 2019

My daughter suggested NomNomNow for my 12-year old chihuahua. He's super picky and old. He's blind, has no teeth and I try hard just to keep him eating something. However, he quit eating NomNomNow food and slowed down, so I have to give him another type of food. If he decides he likes NomNomNow again, I'll get back on the service. Still, I've been happy with NomNomNow.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I was very happy with NomNomNow and their service. They were very attentive. Whenever I called, they took care of whatever I was addressing or they answered my question. They were very good. Recently, I switched. I'm no longer with NomNom. Our new vet recommended the dog food that he feeds his dog. So, he gave me a sample, and I tried it and my dog really liked it and preferred it over the NomNom.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I was researching for food and NomNomNow came up on my browser or from Facebook. So, I clicked on it and started reading. I went and read some other reviews and obviously, everybody is the best but I wanted to try this one. Since my dogs love it, I’m gonna stick with it. I have two Chihuahuas, one is two years old and one is 16 weeks. They enjoy the food and the minute I open the refrigerator, they're waiting for me to get it out. They get excited when they see the plastic and stuff with the food. I need to hurry up and unwrap it and put it on their bowl because if not, they go crazy. I rotate the turkey, beef and pork. I figured they would like them more. Feeding your pet natural ingredients is very valuable and t’s better than all the other processed food. My older dog, Brooklyn, has a skin condition and NomNomNow is helping because it’s not as bad as it looks. I don’t know if it’s the weather or the food, but either way, I’m gonna say it’s the food.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I have two pets and my experience with NomNomNow has been good. One of my dogs is a beagle and she’s really picky. She would only eat when she was starving and absolutely had to. Now, she literally eats her NomNomNow every single time I feed it so, there has been no skipping meals or any of that stress, which is good and it has been a huge relief. She enjoys that and she has a healthy weight. I also have a King Charles Cavalier spaniel who is on regular kibble. I would love to switch him over to NomNomNow but it's pretty pricey to put both on them on there so I'm trying to see if maybe they give a discount for a second dog. Depending on the price, I would switch him. If not, I probably wouldn't be able to keep both of them on there.

I have been buying NomNomNow for two months and I got the one with meat, egg, peas and carrots. It was the one that they recommended and I haven't switched it. Natural ingredients are very valuable. It's a complete difference and it's real ingredients that you can see. It's not like hard kibble. I love how NomNomNow comes in a cold package. Just in case I'm not around, it'll stay cold. It is also easy to open and feed, and the delivery has been very good.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Our dog’s picky. She likes fresh food better than the dry food or canned food. I studied NomNomNow and they had good ratings. She likes the chicken and the turkey formulation better, because she’s still kinda picky about vegetables. She didn’t really like potatoes, but sweet potatoes. She’ll eat them as just regular. She doesn’t care for it. We tried the beef but she would take some of it out, like the potatoes. But with its natural natural ingredients it doesn’t have the fillers that the dry food does. I made my own food a couple of times, and it’s just very time consuming, but she liked it a lot. If they process their vegetables more, it’d be better. My dog doesn’t like the big squares or the big chunks, but she’ll eat the same thing a little bitty if you chop it up tiny. So, if there was one thing they could change, that would be it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: May 17, 2019

I find feeding my pet natural ingredients valuable and I like it. However, if I had time, I could probably do it for a lot cheaper than what NomNomNow is charging. Even so, I like the convenience of having my Border Collie's food delivered. Now he's interested in food. Thus far, his coat looks good.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have a two and a half year-old Schnoodle and I was looking for a dog food that was healthy. He's a snooty eater and it takes a lot of work to get him to eat. I got NomNomNow’s freshly prepared little meals and he has been eating this stuff. We order things from them half the time. He was eating Cesar and I was reading that it's quite bad for your animal so, NomNomNow is a good alternate. It's not dry food. Feeding your pets natural ingredients is totally valuable and eating NomNomNow contributed tremendously to his health and well-being. I like NomNomNow but their packaging is so outrageous that they should try to figure that out. They could send it in a big thing with a scoop and you just scoop out a portion so that you don’t have to open up so much boxes. Still, NomNomNow has been great and I would recommend them.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Do your research! The fat content in their food is higher than average. The pork recipe being the lowest. If you have a breed of dog that is more susceptible to pancreatitis, stay away from this brand! We had a healthy 13 lb mixed breed, who suddenly got sick after eating the variety pack for 2.5 months. One day she threw up blood and was rushed to the vet. She was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis, which was directly related to the food she was eating. We are very healthy pet owners who do not give table scraps, or anything that our little one shouldn't be eating, which was why we went with NomNomNow. We thought we were making the best food choice for her, but we were so very wrong. Now we are dealing with a very sick pup and vet bills!

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have been purchasing from NomNomNow for three months. I went with them since every pet food that I was trying was making them sick. I have a dog and two cats and the two cats were the ones that I was having trouble. They were getting sick. While the dog was fine, she never got excited over eating. I always had to add stuff to hers. Since starting with NomNom, my pets are no longer sick. The dog is on the chicken and I've tried the other three recipes and she likes them all. The cats are on the fish recipe. I have also noticed that their coats are very shiny and the dog who had had flaky skin for years, doesn't have it anymore. They also go crazy with the food.

Original review: May 2, 2019

No easy way to cancel service online. You can "skip" future deliveries...you must call them (which no one is available) and I emailed NomNomNow after my pet did not like this food to cancel all future deliveries and now 4 months later I get a shipment and am charged $190. I am very upset & have emailed NomNomNow several times today... I will not recommend this company to any of my friends.

NomNomNow response

We apologize for your negative experience. The reason we are unable to accept returns is due to the perishable nature of the meals. After reviewing your situation with our care team, we unfortunately have no record of a request to freeze your account from the email associated with your account. However, if you are able to locate the original cancelation request, our team will make sure you're taken care of. If there was a mistake on our end, we're happy to refund you for this recent delivery.

Original review: May 2, 2019

My 16-month-old Cavachon is very finicky and he has very good dry food that is kind of expensive. He would be fine with just that, but it seemed that he needed something more to enhance his appetite. So, I chose to do NomNomNow in topper portions. We gave him a sampling of my daughter’s dog’s NomNom and he was eating his dry food immediately by putting a bit on there. I had the two flavors that they split for me but my dog hated one of the flavors. I switched it and one was even worse. He wouldn’t even look at it. I have finished a month and I just got my second shipment but I found those flavors to be very dry. I don’t know what to do because I’m stuck now with a month’s supply, plus an emergency supply of it. But there’s nothing wrong with them or their product and it is not their fault.

Also, I cook so there’s always fresh food in the house. My dog eats raw vegetables when I’m prepping them all the time which is great. He did not really need NomNom but it's great if he likes it. NomNom’s extremely expensive and all the fresh ones are very expensive, too, so it was cost-prohibitive for me to do it as an entire diet. I would’ve liked to have done it, but I couldn’t afford it. All in all, my experience with NomNomNow has been fine. I just wish my dog liked it better.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I wanted a higher quality dog food for my adult boxer and after doing my research, I saw NomNomNow. They seemed to have great reviews and decided to try their product. Feeding my dog natural ingredients gives me peace of mind as it’s healthier and I’ve been giving her NomNom for about a month now. I started with the chicken because I thought that would settle well with her. I also did the turkey at first, but using two different food the first time I was switching my dog over from dry food was not settling in her stomach. Right the next day, I would stack the chicken formula only and once I switched to just a bit chicken, her stomach seemed fine we didn't get the traditional problems when you switch types of food. And she obviously loves it.

But I have a few issues that I have already told NomNomNow about and they are not yet addressed. One of the reasons I went with them over some other competition was because their product specifically said it wasn’t frozen. I’m easy and can be forgiving and understanding, but it was really something when more and more of the packs were frozen. When I first called, they said it was the dry ice. But I’m doing a weekly package right now and every single pack in there is hard-frozen. Then when they defrost, some of the juice is coming out. So, it’s a little bit nasty in that setting. I understand why the package might get frozen, being I’m in LA and they’re shipping it in San Francisco, but they could be transparent with that the food will be frozen.

Another thing is, the dosage of the bags was frustrating at first but they’ve worked out these kinks a little bit. They are marketing them to be one bag equals one meal, but that’s not true for larger dogs like mine. At first, it was a bag and a half, and now they’re down to two bags, which is easier, because you’re gonna have to save the bag for the next meal. I wish there was just a serving per bag, no matter what bags you got, because that would make things a lot easier.

Also, the food slightly pricier, about $10 more, than some of the competitors that have similar reviews. I get why it costs so high but at the end of the day, I could make this food myself. It would be a labor to me but it would cost less than half of what I’m paying for this. There’s also some of that shipping cost because it is a heavy box. But my dog loves the food, so I don’t have a desire to switch right now. I would recommend people to switch their dogs to real food but I would tell them that I use NomNom and my dog is happy.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have three Persian cats and they used to be picky about their food. But with NomNomNow, they aggravate me for it and they absolutely love it. Their hair is even better and they don’t shed as much. My cats are always happy and I am happier when I give it to them. Even my vet is even mystified. I have been buying NomNomNow for three months and I get delivery from them every two weeks. Now, my cats are not that picky. I put five ounces every day and pack it. I did a mixture of grain and some buffalo cat thing. I also mix in five ounces of the tuna fish mixture. I mixed it up a little so we can see what my cats can do and what’s good for them and it works for all three of my Persians. It would be great though if they would have some loyalty program but other than that, our experience with NomNomNow has been wonderful.

Original review: April 26, 2019

My sister-in-law recommended NomNomNow. I was making my own food for my dog and she convinced me that NomNomNow was cost-effective and just good, if not better, and obviously, would save me a lot of time. I have a little Chihuahua terrier mix and she seems to love the food. We’ve only given her the chicken. She definitely lost some weight on it, which she probably needed too. She’s also more active. I like the convenience of the food as well.

However, my biggest concern is about the packaging if I will do it long-term because I’m not crazy about it. Someone told me that it was recyclable, but with the package that I get, I find that hard to believe. But I’ve been putting them in the recycling, so I feel better about it. I also wonder why my dog's cousin is quite a bit smaller than her but they seem to have the same portion size. Even so, everything has come on time. We’ve gotten the right shipment.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I read about NomNomNow and some more information online. I used the product for about six weeks and it was great. I had to sit with the beef one and my pet, Uma, really loved it. She’s an 18-month-old Bernedoodle and she had great results. However, I stopped using it because they kept changing stuff all the time and it didn't make me feel comfortable. They were changing the sizes and the content. Just starting out with them, I felt they were unsure of themselves. And for the price of the thing, I don't want all those changes going on. I wanted to feel like they got their ** together.

Original review: April 23, 2019

A good friend's dogs are on the NomNomNow dog food and he talked about how they had been improving. I have a 13-year old Golden Toydoodle, and I wanna do the best for him as well. We've been purchasing NomNomNow dog food for probably two months, and we are rotating his formulation every couple weeks. They did the beef to start with and then I asked them for the chicken. Now, he has gone back to beef. Feeding my pet natural ingredients is very valuable, although quite expensive. With the NomNomNow food, his coat is beautiful and he has a little more energy.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I have two small mixed breeds, a Maltipoo and a Yorkipoo, and my father was decided for NomNomNow. My dogs are very finicky and they went through it quickly. Although, I cancelled my subscription because my dogs stopped eating it (happens with almost every food I buy), my experience with NomNomNow was excellent.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My cat was having issues with store-bought pet food brands and so I decided to try NomNomNow. It's been a little less than two months since we started but my cat already seems to have more energy now.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My dog was on hard, dry and grain-free food. She was gaining weight on that and she needed to lose weight. I started her with Freshpet, but didn’t like some of the ingredients in there. I did some more research online and there was NomNomNow. Their website is really good. They asked what kind of meal plan and weight goals I liked for the dog, then they generated the set up for her.

When I first started, she was 70 pounds. I stated that her ideal weight would be 55 pounds but the first round of stuff they sent me was too much that my dog ended up gaining weight. I called them and they reduced that packet by 10%. But that still was too much. There will be the third shipment today and I’m hoping they’ve gotten it down where I told them. I’ve been feeding her one and a half packets, so down to two packets a day should be good. And she has trimmed down a little bit. I noticed that she’s not real thrilled with the Porkalicious variety but that’s my emergency backup and that’s what I’m on this week. She’s still eating it but it's not her favorite. But all others are okay.

Other than that, I know that every dog has its own set up, but NomNomNow just have a generic package list of ingredients which doesn’t tell me exactly how many calories my dog is specifically getting. It would be nice if they could do better with their labeling of each packet because when I sent my first packet to my vet and she told me it was way too much. Also, the packaging is a little difficult to pull open because I’m older and I have a little bit of arthritis. So, I just cut them open and that’s fine. But I’d rather have it sealed than make it easy-open and lose all the contents.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have been purchasing NomNomNow for three months and my experience has been phenomenal. I chose NomNomNow for the health of my pets. I have a dog that's 14 and a cat that is 12. We do NomNomNow's variety packs because they're healthy for my pets.

Original review: April 12, 2019

This would be my third month with NomNomNow. I have a miniature schnauzer and I chose this food because it will be healthier for my dog and provide a healthy weight on my dog. It's good to feed my dog natural ingredients but I don’t see any improvement on the weight of my dog so this will be my last month with NomNomNow. But even if it didn’t work for me, it doesn’t mean that that will not work for someone else.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I looked at the different pet food brands and tried two brands. I decided to use NomNomNow because their food isn't as mushed up as some of the other ones. I've been feeding my 14-year old miniature Schnauzer with it for a month and a half now and he has been eating the other food too. He seems to be going good. I would recommend NomNomNow. I'm in the process of trying all their food types. I've tried the beef and the chicken, then I'm gonna try the turkey and the pork next time.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've purchased NomNomNow for three months and they were great. They got healthy options for my dog, and I like that they disclosed all the ingredients used. They use human-grade ingredients. It was easy to use, and they have website information for the vet. However, I stopped with them last week because of the cost. I cannot afford $300 a month for dog food.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have been using NomNomNow for a couple of months now and it has been great. They have very good customer service. The quality of the food I have received has also been very good and I love its packaging. At first, however, it was really hard to feed the food to my terrier. I had to mix it with other food. She doesn't like the turkey variety and unfortunately, I got a ton of that the first time so I'm still trying to finish it. Things seem to be getting better though but I'm still trying different flavors to see which one is the best for us.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My dog has a lot of skin problems and allergies. I tried every dog food out there but NomNomNow's food is homemade cooked and has great reviews. I've been purchasing from NomNomNow for two months now. It is very valuable to feed my dog with natural ingredients. He has a lot of problems since we got him and I’m not having much success with my vet. So, I’m trying to do things without medication for my dog. NomNomNow is great and so is their pet food. I’m very happy with them.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have two sheltered cats and I've been using NomNomNow for six months now. Over other pet foods, it's the one thing on the internet that I could find that has the ingredients that I was looking for. My experience with them has been good and we recommend them.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have two Labradors and I needed to change one of my dogs' diet from raw to gentle cooked. At the time, NomNomNow was one of the only companies I could find that was offering it. I've been purchasing them for a year now and they've been helpful in doing portion adjustments. My experience with them has been great. They have been responsive whenever I've had questions or issues. They've made some mistakes, but they've also corrected those and reimbursed me for them.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have two dogs, one is a Chow-Lab mix and the other is a Corgi mix. I wanted them to have something fresh, and I looked under consumer reviews and NomNomNow was highly recommended. I'm rotating the turkey, the pork, the chicken and the beef so my dogs get a variety. NomNomNow sends it to me frozen, which I appreciate because in Phoenix, it gets very hot and you don’t want something sitting out very long. You can also skip a date if you’re travelling, which I do sometimes, and you can go to half portion or order every week or every two weeks.

My corgi is real finicky, and so sometimes she loves it and sometimes she doesn’t. But my Lab mix loves it so I’m real happy. Plus it’s human-grade which makes me feel better about it. Sometimes I open canned dog food and I wanna throw up. It’s disgusting and you don’t know what’s in it. With NomNomNow, my dogs seemed like they had a lot more energy at first, and now they’re doing well.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My Yorkie is super-picky and I have to alternate his food because he gets tired. As soon as I put the plate down, whenever he hasn't had a certain food in a while, he devours it but then, he gets sick of it easily. I tried the NomNomNow chicken and he didn't like it but he devours the Hearty beef flavor, so I went with that. Although I didn’t notice the shiny coat that I was told that I would notice, he doesn’t have a problem on his coat. His poop is better and he got skinnier. He was a little overweight and I was able to control his weight with NomNomNow. Their customer service is amazing. I told them about my dog being so finicky and they sent me the flavor flakes. They weren't for sale at the time and they sent me a small ziplock bag to try for free. They told me to sprinkle it on the food. They went above and beyond.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I’ve been using NomNomNow for three and a half months now. Our dog somehow was allergic to the batch of turkey that we got and we replaced it with beef. Then, I tried to put my account on hold but I had a bunch of billing issues. Also, a shipment was sent to me that was not supposed to be sent. It was a disaster and it was totally unprofessional. No one ever picks up the phone.

One of my major complaints is two of our friends have a better price than we do. As a retailer, you're only as good as your price, to a degree and if I have two people that have the exact same product that are paying 20% less than me, that doesn’t make me happy. It really put a bad taste in my mouth. When I called NomNomNow to discuss this, they told me incorrect information initially or they just flat-out lied to me. Then finally, a manager got on the phone and told me exactly what was happening and that people were, in fact, paying less than me for the same exact product. But it took two weeks to get that information through six different phone calls. The product itself is great but the back office customer support is horrible. Administration, billing, customer support and feedback need a lot of work. I have credit with them, so I'm gonna be forced to utilize that but if there was any competitor with the same kind of product, I would jump on that.

NomNomNow Company Information