Call toll free
4.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NomNomNow is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Our fresh, made-to-order meals are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist, prepared using only human-grade ingredients, portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and delivered directly to your door. No fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products, and no measuring! NomNomNow also sells single ingredient chicken & beef jerky treats with 100% USDA-Certified proteins that are perfect for your dog or cat.

Now offering a Probiotics for Dogs for gut health maintenance and a Microbiome Testing Kit for Pets to learn more about their gut bacteria, NomNomNow strives to help pet parents understand their loved ones better. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about how NomNomNow’s fresh customized nutrition — and our companion wellness products — will help your pet thrive!

NomNomNow Video
NomNomNow Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

172 NomNomNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 23, 2019

With NomNomNow, all of the food was portioned out, so I just had to open the bag, and that was the portion for his size and weight. I really like that. The quality of the food was good too. The only thing that I saw in the ingredient that was kinda surprising to me was the salt. My dog has food allergies and the salt was also something that contributed to his allergies. So that’s why I had to stop the food. Otherwise, I love the service. It was great. It was so convenient and the pricing was fair too. But NonNomNow just didn’t have a lot of options for me and my dog.

Original review: March 21, 2019

We’ve been very happy with NomNomNow and my 50-pound dog loves it. We’ve tried out some of the other freshly made food and we’ve cycled through their competitors but he has been happy with NomNomNow, so we’re still with it. The packaging could be reduced a little bit though. It’s a lot to get rid of. It doesn’t need all the padding since it’s mushy food. Other than that, the company's customer service has been very responsive. So, all good. I wish they cost less, but I kinda understand why they’re not.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I had been feeding my dog with real food and decided to give NomNomNow a try. My dog is a small Terrier mix and she's three years old. She has a good appetite and enjoys eating it. There are a couple of varieties that she's not fond of, but there are a couple that she loves. There would be times where I put a kibble down. She would go for two days without eating if you put kibble down. But I always keep some on hand just because it lasts. And if you need something in a pinch, there is at least some kibble. I want the freshest and best ingredients. Feeding my dog with natural ingredients, there are benefits to her coat, energy and continued appetite. Her health seems to be good. The NomNomNow product is fresh and is already portioned out. I like that. It's also similar to what I would cook, but I don't have to go to the store to buy it.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I was feeding my dogs Merrick and a mixture of hard food before. I read things and I thought that it was healthier if I give them wet food instead of dry. Also, I wanted to try out one of the more organic types of food. I got NomNomNow's services and my two King Charles Cavalier Spaniels seem to love their food right away. They love it more than any food they've ever had. Both of them seem to be a lot healthier now too. One of the dogs was a little underweight before and I could barely get her to eat once per day. With NomNomNow's food, she eats twice a day and she can't wait to eat the food! Also, she's at a perfect weight now. The natural ingredients are super valuable and I would never go back to what I was feeding the dogs before. I would definitely recommend NomNomNow to anyone who's looking to switch to soft or organic food.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We were doing refrigerated dog food and NomNomNow was a convenience of not having to physically pick it up because they deliver it. I have a little Shih Tzu and a Lab, and within a couple of weeks of feeding them, my Lab's coat has looked really good. The chicken is all that I've gotten them and they seem to like that. We were in Colorado last week so I had them at their little puppy day care and I sent the food with them. Everyone was really interested and they wanted some information on it. The food has definitely appealed to everyone. I like that it's fresh and that it has good ingredients. I also like that I could see a huge difference in my dogs' coats. The Shih Tzu has curly hair, and the Lab's coat is really sleek and shiny. We've been really pleased and I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NomNomNow?

Original review: March 7, 2019

My dogs used to eat Rawbble, but I wanted to get them something cooked and not just the regular dog food that you buy and eat from the bag. I have five dogs, and I feed four of them with NomNomNow. Each dog has different favorites, and I order four different types of food. I don’t order turkey though because there's rice in there and I don’t like them to eat rice. However, I might have to cut down a bit because it doesn’t look like they're losing weight. Maybe NomNomNow could come up with some formula that is low fat.

I didn't put one of the dogs on NomNomNow because she has skin problems. She has too much yeast infection, so she cannot eat their food because her skin would start to break out again. I wish NomNomNow could have more protein in their formula because more protein is better if the dog has a yeast problem. Or they could have a formula for dogs that cannot eat too many carbs. I would choose that formula if NomNomNow had that, but for now I have to stop the order for her because they don’t have a formula for that kind of dog.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've been feeding NomNomNow to my 10-pound, male Papillon Shih Tzuh for about six months now. He likes chunks versus ground meat. And I get the chicken one. I like that NomNomNow is fresh and not kibble. My dog used to have stomach issues but he doesn't have them anymore. He's more active, alert and energetic. The only thing is I can't stand NomNomNow's packaging. They come in boxes bigger than they need to be. It's environmentally not friendly. And on top of that, the insulation is so thick on the inside packaging. It feels like I'm throwing away a blanket every shipment I get. So, I try to get one shipment a month and just freeze it, even though it's preferred to have it fresh. The packaging used to be much better. It was in a small box with the aluminum thing that you can throw away. But now, it could be more efficient. Plus they use dry ice, which is fine, but it's overkill.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Our three year old York tried NomNomNow in my friend's place. He was eating with pleasure, so we also decided to try and since then, we have been ordering it. But now, we are mixing it with other food because he cannot eat it all in the morning. Sometimes, I'm not happy with the quality of the food. There are more potatoes in the beef portion rather than beef. I was surprised a little bit. Also sometimes, it's a little smaller than the other packages. It's always different, and I have different experiences. Other than that, everything in my experience with them was fine.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We've been purchasing from NomNom for about four months now. We decided to go with them because they were all-natural and fresh food. I have a Havanese and I usually get a variety, but I get the ones that have the ground meat in them. He liked everything with the sample pack but not so much the chicken because the chicken isn't ground. It has more chunks in it. With the other ones, the meat is ground and he seems to like that better. It seems to be doing well for him. It seems like his coat got a little shinier and he seems healthy. He doesn't have stomach problems and doesn't have issues with throwing up or anything like that. But I wouldn't really recommend it for somebody who has a big dog. If you have a big dog who eats a lot of food, then it could get pretty expensive. But for a smaller dog, which is what we have, it's doable.

Original review: March 3, 2019

My dogs had started with NomNomNow since April of last year. I have two small mixed breed dogs. One is seven pounds, one is 11 pounds. And I wanted to put them on something other than kibble. I went with NomNomNow because they're based outta Oakland and I wanted to support local businesses. My dogs have an Instagram account and I've had other companies reach out to me but I haven't jumped on that. I like having someone local, from whom I get weekly deliveries which makes me feel better versus freezing the food and thawing it out later. It's also super easy that the food come in pre-portioned packaging. All you have to do is open the package and put it in their bowl, and it's done. Whereas with other companies, they come with a measuring scoop and there's more mess and fuss over it.

Furthermore, their customer service department is excellent and that keeps me as their customer. They've always been very responsive whenever I contact them. My dogs have also been liking their food and have done really well on it. I do a rotation of the various recipes that they have. There's beef, chicken, turkey and pork. So, they get one recipe per week. I have recommended NomNomNow to other people and they have also subscribed to it.

Original review: March 2, 2019

My Labradoodle is about to be nine months old now and she was never too fond of kibble. She also had some gastro problems going on, so we had to choose a very specific kind of kibble for her. I was always looking for solutions to figure something out so that she might eat well. I was exploring the human-grade food option and I came across NomNomNow's website, and then read through the reviews. And what appealed to me the most was that their packaging was per meal. So, it's hassle-free.

The first time I bought the food, it seemed that my pup was hungry and looking for more food towards the day. And then, I reached out to customer service to see what I can do to get more food that is more filling for her. I contacted them a second time about one kind of food that was less and it turned out that it was intentional. The turkey food is more caloric compared to the other foods. I've been buying this food for exactly two months now and my pup definitely likes it much, much better. I've never had her finish her food before she moved on to NomNomNow. And this food, she finishes it all. She's waiting for it. The bad thing, though, is the smell that comes from her mouth. She definitely smells more because of fresh food. The other thing is, because she's eating vegetables, her poop has remains of carrots and peas. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it's sometimes alarming to see something red in the poop. And then, you're like, "No, that's fine."

I usually ask for two weeks’ worth of food but last time, I asked for a month's worth and I felt that their dry ice wasn't enough. The top layer of the food was completely thawed, and that's about 14 packets, because the dry ice was at the bottom. I think they resolved that and they're gonna put the dry ice on the top instead. And tomorrow, I'm gonna receive my first delivery since that change. I would definitely recommend NomNomNow to other people.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have three cats and two dogs and feeding them natural ingredients is valuable. I give them a particular NomNomNow for allergies. But pretty often, I reach out to their customer service when they do not fill the order correctly. Also, NomNomNow puts too many rubber bands on the food and it rips the packages open constantly which causes a lot of problems.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

NomNomNow has good and fresh food I'm buying for my Miniature Schnauzer. I have two dogs now and waiting to put the other dog on it eventually. She’s a little over a year now, but we have a lot of kibble still left over, so we’re just waiting for that to run out. Also a dog's system has to get used to the new type of food. Sometimes they don’t react to it in a positive way and we’re not ready to put her on it just yet.

With NomNomNow the dog's hair looks nicer. They get a better overall nutrition and I know that the regular kibble food is not the best type of food. I know that dogs have been eating it for many, many years, but I’m hoping that with me feeding my dogs the nutritional food that I am, their life will be a little bit longer, and they’ll be happier. For us specifically, we don’t always eat the same food, but at the same time, as long as we eat something healthy, then we’ll be better off. So that’s the way I look at it with my dogs. And I would recommend NomNomNow.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have an 11-pound Poodle-Bichon mix. He’s 13 years old and he likes NomNomNow. I’ve been buying it for two years and I like that it is fresh and delivered. It’s consistent and it is super valuable to feed my dog natural ingredients. NomNomNow is totally worth the effort and the price.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My Shih Tzu was having allergies to food, so I got NomNomNow and tried it, and it’s been great. She used to have an orange face, but since I switched the food, she’s got a beautiful face.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We've been buying NomNomNow for about two years now and it's been very helpful. It’s natural and I think it’s formulated by a Doctor. We use it for our Pug and she’ll be four next month.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We were recommended to NomNomNow by a friend who use it for her dog who is a lot older and was really low in energy. When they switched to NomNomNow, she perked up a lot. So, we got our puppy around the same time, and we decided we might as well start her off with this food if it works. I put the food on a rotating thing. I thought it would be good for her to have variety. Feeding her natural ingredients is very valuable and NomNomNow is all she’s ever eaten, and she haven’t had any health issues at all. So, it's keeping her healthy.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Ordered a month's worth of food for my dog which was set to be delivered on February 14th. Everything was confirmed, gave them my credit card info and set for delivery. When I didn't get an email for delivery I went back into my account and saw that they arbitrarily changed the date without informing me and when I did call they had my account mixed up with someone else. I could not speak to anyone in charge as they were all busy, so all I could do was cancel my account. If a company is not set up to do business then maybe they should just keep it regional.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Back in 2012, we used NomNomNow for our dogs and ran it up for about six months. We were using Merrick dry dog food before and their stomachs were very sensitive and having solid stool, which was one of the big reasons why we wanted to change their diet. Then we got a third dog and NomNomNow got too expensive so we cut it off. We're back on it now and use it on our two-year-old American Bulldog. She's doing really good on it so I’m gonna probably keep it on long term. Feeding her natural ingredients is important for her and her health. Her coat is just gorgeous and she loves it. It’s been a wonderful experience.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have a two and a half year old, 65-pound, half husky, 25% pit, and some boxer dog and I didn't wanna feed her crappy, dry or canned food. I researched fresh dog food companies and I tested a few out and NomNomNow was the one that she liked. I would feed her raw if I had more time, energy and effort into starting that but this is second best, so for now, I'm sticking with this. We rotate through the different recipes so she doesn't get bored with it.

Lately though, NomNomNow has not been consistent. Sometimes it's in giant chunks. But lately, it has been frozen solid and they say that it's supposedly shipped fresh. It's not because of the packaging cooling it down to freezing. They've changed the way it's bagged up. It used to be much easier to defrost. When I defrost it, it leaks all over the microwave. It's a thick brick instead of thin, so it doesn't defrost well. The middle stays frozen. It's a long process and my microwave is messy. Also, they've been inconsistent in sizing. Some weeks, they've shorted my dog for about a cup and a half less food in each bag. They've had to send me emergency supplies to make up for it so she gets enough food. Every week the food looks different and consistency is how you build trust.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have been purchasing NomNomNow since November 2017 and their customer service is fabulous. They're incredibly easy to deal with. Because of the way they they package their meals, it is incredibly easy for me to feed my dog in the total amount of consumption that is needed. It is really nice. My dog is a Tibetan terrier and she's two years old. She normally gets the beef one, and then pork. I go in between the two. Feeding her with natural ingredients is much better. We have a friend who has a Tibetan terrier also that usually only gets kibble. Her hair is not anywhere near to what my dog's hair is which is very soft and shiny. You could tell the hydration is a big difference. I am satisfied.

NomNomNow response

Thank you for sharing! We're so glad to hear your sweet girl is benefitting from her fresh food diet as her health and happiness is our number one priority. It means so much to us to know that our care team was able to assist you as we hold them to the highest of standards. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience. We love having you and your pup as a part of the NomNomNow family.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I feed my dog the best thing I knew at all times and it ended up being NomNomNow is amazing. When my first doggie was super sick, he was getting special food. I was told he had Graves’ disease and he probably needed to be put to sleep as he was really suffering. My pet insurance company published an article about two different pet food companies and one of them was NomNomNow. So, I tried them and my dog's health got way better. He was like a puppy, so it changed his quality of life. He lived for two more years and was pretty happy all that time. Then, after my dog finally passed away, I got a puppy and give him NomNomNow. NomNomNow is absolutely the healthiest food anybody can give their animal. I’ve recommended this brand to about eight friends already.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I did lots of research and NomNomNow did not have any recalls. We have three Labs and my five-year-old dog, Tucker, has the Porkalicious Pork since he has some environmental allergies. The other two dogs are on the turkey. They used to be on chicken, but it was a little pricey. I was paying over $600 a month. Now, I'm down to about $525 a month. I love their customer service reps, Hannah and Jasmine. Sometimes it can be a little difficult to reach out, but they do get back with me the next business day. The biggest thing for us is with the puppy. NomNomNow adjusts the amount of food based on what the ideal weight is. My puppy is growing, so I make changes on the website all the time with their weight, and they're always responding back by email that they got it.

NomNomNow was paying for the shipping and we were getting two boxes of their dog food two weeks at a time, which I prefer. But they said that they could not do that anymore because FedEx upped their rates. It had something to do with the weight. So, I get a box every week. but for me, it doesn’t make any sense to get a box each week opposed to two boxes twice a month. NomNomNow changed their packaging and I have to use scissors. It was typically easier to open unless something happens with either the human error or the machine. They also changed their boxing. Now, it comes more frozen, which is fine.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When we had just gotten our new dog, we talked to our vet and she recommended a couple different options. NomNomNow was one of them as an organic diet for our dog. Our dog is a Coton de Tulear. He's a little fuzzy lap dog and he's two years old. We've been purchasing this dog food for him for a year and a half now. The dog food comes to us and it's prepackaged in portion control. It's fresh and we warm it up for our dog. We could see all the ingredients right in front of us and our dog likes it. But we haven't used it in a while because our dog was having some weird eating habits. He's very finicky and so he stopped eating it for a while. We have switched to another food, but I still have the NomNomNow in the queue for when we make the switch back.

I've told all my friends with dogs about NomNomNow. The staff at NomNomNow are super responsive. We've had some issues with our dog's diet for allergies, and I would reach out to them. They would call me or a human being would respond to my query. I enjoy that they were local here in the bay area and their response time is so fast.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My Standard Poodle has some digestive problems. We tried NomNomNow and we've been purchasing it for a year and a half now. My dog likes it. He eats it more than he's eaten other commercial foods and that’s a relief because he wasn’t enjoying eating very much before. He seems to be doing well. We like that the dog food is freshly-made. I find it extremely valuable to feed my dog natural ingredients, but NomNomNow's quality of ingredients could be better. There are things in the dog food that doesn’t seem to be digestible to my dog, so I sometimes contemplate moving to a similar product that has a little higher echelon of ingredients. Still, NomNomNow is a good product. We also like their service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My miniature dachshund has arthritis in his shoulder and degeneration in his back, so he takes lots of supplements, including glucosamine, chondroitin, and something like fish oil. He doesn't have a lot of teeth, so it's hard to chew anything that's hard. My coworker was using NomNomNow with her dog, she let my dog try it and he liked it. He's super motivated for it because it's all fresh and he's been eating it for a little over a year and a half now.

It's also easy to mix his supplements in the soft food. Before, there was a lot of trying to force them on him and he wasn't having it. He's also a super picky eater, and he consistently eats that, so it makes his supplements consumption easier. He's more consistent with taking them and that results in positive health benefits and supplements help. I'd recommend NomNomNow.

NomNomNow response

Thank you for the recommendation. It means so much to us to know that we can play a role in keeping your sweet pup healthy and happy—that's our number one priority so it is wonderful to know that with NomNomNow, he is able to take his supplements consistently with ease. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and we appreciate having you and your pup as a part of the NomNomNow family!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My dog is super picky and we switch up brands fairly often. He stuck with NomNomNow the longest and I have been using the product for over a year now. It has been very good and my dog really likes it. He gets the pork, turkey or the beef. I like that it is fresh food and they are the only one that would deliver fresh food. They ship it frozen but there is a lot of packaging that comes with the shipping and it is hard to know how they would give less. I am not sure how to recycle the fabric but I think they can do it. Also, they could mix up a bit more but I know that is something they are looking into. That aside, my dog and I are happy with NomNomNow.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We have a 13-year old dog and we purchased food from NomNomNow for about a year. Feeding our pet natural ingredients is valuable and that's all we're gonna do. My dog is very picky and I think older dogs are but when we were using NomNomNow, she liked the chicken and the beef. She got bladder stones and we spent $2,000 in surgery for her. The cause was diet-related because we were doing a soft pouch food from the grocery store and we did a different diet for her so that she wouldn't get the bladder stones again. So far, so good. She's old, but she's still always peppy. However, I stopped purchasing food from NomNomNow.

The delivery system that they use, OnTrac, is horrible. We were supposed to get the food on Fridays, but it would rarely get there on Friday. And if it didn't get there on Saturday, they had to return it because it was a weekend and they were not gonna deliver on the weekend, so it would go bad. We never got our food, so I canceled it and I went with another delivery. I got the feeling that NomNomNow knew that there were some issues, but it was a cheaper delivery method for them. If NomNomNow did some other delivery, we'd go back to them, and that's for sure. But with their delivery system, I wouldn't recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I used to really like this company but their new packaging is a NIGHTMARE. The package does not open properly and you immediately get it all over your hands. Then when trying to empty the package, it enlarges and you cannot pour it out. It ends up all over the counter. They have also started making the pieces of chicken in the Chicken Chow Wow item huge. Smaller dogs cannot eat it, forcing the owner to either put it in food processor or tear it up by hand. I’ve reached out to the company several times. They don’t care if it is a worse experience. Will be leaving them.

NomNomNow response

We're sorry to hear about your experience with our new packaging and we apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you. Please know that your comment has been noted and feedback like yours is valuable information as we can bring it back to our operations team. We do appreciate you for taking the time in letting us know where we can improve on.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I've been using NomNomNow for two years now and I've been having a good experience with them. They're convenient since they do home delivery and they provide food that is better quality than dry dog food. Instead, their food is made fresh. They send it to you in a box that is cooled, and you refrigerate it. I have an Australian Cattle Dog and I feed her their beef mash, which consists of beef, potatoes, and multivitamins. I'd recommend this company.

NomNomNow response

Thank you for the glowing recommendation. We're glad to hear your pup is doing well with her NomNom and is enjoying the beef mash recipe. We truly appreciate the kind words and your continued support. Thank you for being a part of the NomNomNow family and all the best to you and your sweet girl!

NomNomNow Company Information