Get Started

2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

4.3/5 (320 ratings)

About Nom Nom

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

Pros

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

Cons

• Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

Nom Nom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I stressed over my GSD, Remi, eating for the first 3 years we had her. She would go 2 days without eating sometimes!! Switched kibble, added wet food, tried toppers and even made homemade food to mix in her kibble in order to get her to eat. She was sooo picky! Then I found Nom Nom and tried the sample packs. She LOVED the Chicken Chow and Beef Mash! She has been eating 2 full meals a day now and has put on an appropriate amount of weight to where she doesn't look too skinny. She licks her bowl clean! Her coat is shiny and has lots of energy. Her poos are so much smaller now. So glad I found a high quality food that gets delivered to our home each month!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have had no problems with the food I receive except that the turkey has very little turkey in it, but my dogs like it and do eat it. I wish there were more than 4 choices, as my dogs have eaten so much of the chicken and turkey, that are really tired of it. They are loving the beef; haven't tried the pork.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

My dog Gizmo LOVES this food. He knows what the pack is as soon as I get it from the refrigerator. He starts barking and running around in circles as if he is saying hurry hurry!! Thank you for making him so happy.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

We've used another food delivery service in the past, but unfortunately it didn't work out due to my dog getting some digestive issues with it; however, since switching to Nom Nom she has had no problems and she loves her food so much. Would recommend to anyone looking for good, healthy food for their dog.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Every 4 weeks, right on time, the cold/frozen food packs arrive. Ginger gets her chicken chow for breakfast and beef mash for supper. She is soon excited! Cleans her bowl and licks it again to make sure she has it all. I can choose to tear the pack from a corner and recycle. What could be better? Although NomNom seems pricey, it's quality!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We have two senior dogs, one a picky eater and one with healthy issues. After researching the benefits of fresh food over canned or dry, we tried another home-delivery service for pets but found it lacking in packaging, instructions and general appeal. We took advantage of the Nom Nom trial and it has been truly transformational for our dogs. The picky eater LOVES his food, and our senior with health issues has seen a noticeable improvement in coat luster, reduced itching and improved dental hygiene (dog breath will always be a little stinky, but now it doesn't plow me down!).

Nom Nom has been incredibly communicative on where we are in the delivery process and it is easy to change your order for either pet. They also provide a plethora of resources on a variety of dog topics. I also feel good knowing they have staff veterinarians working on formulations and improvements. I have only had the need to reach out to customer service once and they replied promptly and were so helpful! If you are thinking of fresh food for your pet, I highly recommend NomNom.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Our dog Bill used to just let the cat push him aside at meal times so she could steal his food. After we started Nom Nom, the poor cat had a shock when Bill snapped at her to protect his food. Tells me this stuff is MUCH more valuable to him than the crappy canned stuff or dried kibble ever was. I have NEVER seen him so excited for meal times! Additionally, his breath smells better, his bowel movements decreased in size (and smell!!) by ~50%, and his coat is softer and silkier than it has ever been. We had such a great experience with the dog food, we started ordering for our cats as well. Customer service handles feedback/concerns really well and is always courteous, friendly, and prompt to respond. Would definitely recommend!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

My dog loves NOM NOM dog food. She is so excited when it is time to eat. She will sit patiently until I crack open the bag then it is whine time. She can't wait to eat. She is healthy and also looks more svelte since she is on this dog food. I had one problem with a late delivery during a very hot week during COVID. I called and told you that the food was off and you immediately sent me a new batch. I am very happy with this company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I just canceled our subscription and it's a shame. Our dog really liked the food. We canceled because of inconsistencies with the weight of several food packs; basically not getting the amount of food we pay for. Each food pack is supposed to be 200 grams. We have to split the pack in half for each meal. I noticed that several food packs weighed less than 200 grams, some as low as 130 grams. I did outreach customer service several times, they were hard to get on the phone. I text twice and finally received a call back. The customer service rep apologized and explained they did have machines calibrated recently. I explained the issue and the customer service rep made up for it by giving us an extra week's worth of food as well as an approximately $20 credit.

After that call, we received two more monthly shipments that still had several food packs weighing less than 200 grams. I really wanted Nom Nom to work out since the food seemed to be more appealing than other fresh food brands out there, but we can't justify paying for this product when they cannot provide us the correct amount of food.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

We started ordering from Nom Nom when our dog Jack started having digestive issues. He would vomit, have runny stools etc. I figured it had to be because of the food he was eating because the vet could not find anything wrong. His stomach just could not handle it anymore. I did some research and found Nom Nom offered more of what I wanted and was more reasonably priced. Jack also needed to lose a few pounds and the prepackaged portion sizes helped. I like that you can pick different recipes and can change at any time. Deliveries are on time and I love that the packaging is recyclable. Jack has lost the weight that he needs and has maintained. We will see how he does on his next vet visit.

Nom Nom Company Information