4.3/5 (337 ratings)

About Nom Nom

Nom Nom is committed to delivering the best nutrition for your dog or cat. Their fresh, made-to-order recipes are formulated by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and contain no fillers, artificial preservatives, or by-products. All meals are prepared using human-grade ingredients, are portioned to meet your pet’s caloric needs, and are delivered directly to your door.

Pros

• Exceeds AAFCO quality standards
  • Simple, pre-portioned packaging
  • Fresh food diet

Cons

• Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Nom Nom offers a unique product for pet owners seeking a quality, fresh food diet for their dog. While a subscription can be pricey, the service takes the guesswork out of feeding your dog.

Nom Nom Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nom Nom?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

My dog is happy and always excited for his meals. However it seems like the size of a 200mg package is always different. Sometimes pouring into the bowl is very minimal amount and he is not getting the amount he needs. It is always arriving on time and reliable but the packages of the same food should all be weighed the same.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Decided to try their food, my dog thats only eat pork due to her allergies, we usually give her another fresh food from different company. It took forever to receive the sample food for $150 (including tiny packaged probiotic we purchased). This food has too much freaking potatoes! Like I wouldn't eat potatoes every single day! My dog is itchy and her allergy is back.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

We decided to switch to a real food dog food about a year ago and decided to give NomNom a try. We have a 2 year old Manchester Terrier female dog named Willa. After a couple of week of switching to NomNom our dog's coat was much more shiny. Willa immediately loved the food and has loved it since. She didn't have any problems switching over and hasn't had any digestive problems and her temperament and activity levels have been great.

I would give NomNom a five-star review however, my only issue is the packaging. Every now and then we come across a daily food package that didn't quite get sealed and the lack of being able to recycle the daily food packages is a bummer but those are our only issues. It would be wonderful if we could recycle the daily food packets.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

My dogs love this food and their coats are looking great. I love that it is so fresh upon arrival and looks good enough for me to eat. I do find it expensive though so I use 1/2 package as a topper on their kibble. I add in some low sodium broth and they gobble it down. With 2 large breeds I go through 2 packs per day. Delivery is always preceded by email and ON TIME.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Nom Nom is the best for my dog, who is an extremely picky eater. After many trials of several other ‘fresh’ dog foods, Nom Nom is the only one he would eat. I don’t have to worry about measuring - Nom Nom takes care of that based on his age, size and weight. Their food is always natural and fresh and I can change his meal plan at any time to incorporate diversity. Lastly, Nom Nom’s prices are very affordable within the fresh pet food industry. Their deliveries are always on time and packaged to maintain freshness and with eco-friendly packaging. I am extremely happy with Nom Nom.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

My dog liked it for three days, then never wanted to try. He hates that many potatoes in beef and pork recipes we ordered. Good part is that cancelling steps are quite easy with no hassles. Also, the meal bags are not even neatly packed into the box. After frozen, they look awful. Hope they will fix this to make their goods a better looking.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Our dogs love their meals but there often seems to be unequal measurements in the meals. We order the chicken and turkey meals and the shipments will vary between 70-110 gms. And there will be a HUGE difference in weight between 2 identical packages.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

Horrible service and worse customer service. Food packets were thrown in the shipping box and customer service response was ‘shrug’. Deliveries are consistently delivered late to boot. If I could rate lower than one star I would create that rating and do so.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Great service, excellent ease of use, great customer service. We came to Nom Nom when our giant breed puppy was not eating as much as the vet recommended. She was very picky but took to Nom Nom right away. Added benefits were that her coat was shinier than ever which we attribute to the Nom Nom ingredients. We recently canceled our order only because she's been eating so much better recently and we're hoping to wean her off the the luxury food to a more affordable brand. However, we would not hesitate to recommend Nom Noms to any pet owner or to return to it if any of our pets need it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The hound loves the food and is excited to eat every day. Food is high quality so I like that. I gave 4 stars because of quality control and packaging. Some packages, on occasion, look like they are not mixed well and end up getting mostly vegetables or mostly meat. I think that also might make the packages seem like different weights as it seems like there is less food in the bowl sometimes. All this may be because I feed twice a day instead of one.

The other thing I have problems with is the packaging. The tab where you open the package is in the corner but sometimes one side is still sealed and the other open making it difficult to pull the tab. Also, instead of the package opening smoothly, the seam sometimes catches making it difficult to open without getting your fingers in there. In the case of the chicken meal, it's very greasy, making it great for the dog's coat but making it slippery to fully open the package. Still with those things it's still a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Online ordering is easy. Food selections are great. However, food quality seems to have changed slightly. Shipments are on time and if not, they are corrected quickly. The reminder and tracking emails are extremely helpful. Our dog loves the food!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

The food is nothing looks like all of the pictures on Nom Nom's SNS and all of review that on Instagram. The first bag I opened was more rice than chicken, so I wrote comment on Nom Nom's Instagram, unfortunately instead answering my concern they just deleted my comment! Because of afraid other people see that I commented rice is more than protein. Very dishonest, I believe most their good reviews are fake.

Also after I emailed them about the action they did on their Instagram were very dishonest and question about the amount of protein, they wrote me back: [Starting out, our Turkey, Pork, and Beef recipes will include more ground meat than potatoes (by weight). Then after being gently cooked, the protein and the potatoes weigh nearly the same (the protein still weighs slightly more than the potatoes). As you'd expect, the potatoes will swell as they absorb the moisture from the surrounding fresh ingredients. The ground meat will cook down; so 25 grams of gently cooked beef looks to be much less than 25 grams of gently cooked potatoes. Each ingredient is prepared at the temperature required to ensure the nutrients are maintained.] Clearly that meant, Grain + Veggies are more than meat, If I want feed my dogs rice and veggies I would just feed them my human organic meal. Nom Nom should learn about dog food before they making it.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I ordered the two-week trial which arrived fine. My Yorkie would not eat it. I had to mix in her old food and she would move The Nom Nom to the side. It had too many potatoes and even mashing them up she would not eat them. So I canceled the service but I did receive the next shipment because I didn't cancel in time which was fine but it showed up with no dry ice in it completely thawed out. I reached out to customer service and left a message. I had to then call them again cuz they never returned my call and they told me it was fine. I could refreeze it. I don't know of any food that you can fall out after it's been frozen and then refreeze it and it would be safe. I'm not willing to risk that on my family member and of course they offered no credit etc just for that reason alone and the fact that I don't believe it's safe to eat I would not recommend them.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Not only does my picky Jack Russell love this food, but her weight has regulated, For such an active dog this has been great for her and us. Also the customer service team has been very helpful when we first started and had a myriad of questions. They’ll even send a nutritional letter to your bets as well (just saw this and do this too). I recommend NomNom highly for your pet's daily nutritional needs.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Food delivery. Sometimes it's a little more defrosted than I'd like and I feel that can sometimes that upsets my chihuahua's stomach. Then when I defrost it for his dinner it makes it very liquidy per se. He does enjoy Nom Nom though.

Original review: March 30, 2021

We have 5 dogs, been eating Nom Nom for past 2 years and loved it. A Month ago all 5 dogs stopped enjoying the food. We contacted Nom Nom and they claimed nothing changed. So we tried defrosting our back up food from December and all 5 dogs gobbled up food. Gave them new shipment of food and they turned away. This happened for 3 weeks and Nom Nom customer service continues to claim no changes, but our dogs know better. Funny, I know some in CA whose dog is doing the exact same thing. Now 6 dogs, 2 states - what’s going on at Nom Nom and why won’t they fix it?

Original review: March 20, 2021

Week by week the amount of meat is less and less and the sweet potato in the chicken and the rice in the Turkey is more. My dog is noticing and not wanting it anymore. The delivery is always a day later than promised, as well. Please don’t jip my dog of her meat. Thanks. Looking for other brands.

Original review: March 3, 2021

My dogs absolutely love the meals we get from Nom Nom. I feel great about giving them food that is healthy for them. The service provided by Nom Nom is top notch. I would highly recommend this product and service to anyone I know.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I stressed over my GSD, Remi, eating for the first 3 years we had her. She would go 2 days without eating sometimes!! Switched kibble, added wet food, tried toppers and even made homemade food to mix in her kibble in order to get her to eat. She was sooo picky! Then I found Nom Nom and tried the sample packs. She LOVED the Chicken Chow and Beef Mash! She has been eating 2 full meals a day now and has put on an appropriate amount of weight to where she doesn't look too skinny. She licks her bowl clean! Her coat is shiny and has lots of energy. Her poos are so much smaller now. So glad I found a high quality food that gets delivered to our home each month!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have had no problems with the food I receive except that the turkey has very little turkey in it, but my dogs like it and do eat it. I wish there were more than 4 choices, as my dogs have eaten so much of the chicken and turkey, that are really tired of it. They are loving the beef; haven't tried the pork.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

My dog Gizmo LOVES this food. He knows what the pack is as soon as I get it from the refrigerator. He starts barking and running around in circles as if he is saying hurry hurry!! Thank you for making him so happy.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

We've used another food delivery service in the past, but unfortunately it didn't work out due to my dog getting some digestive issues with it; however, since switching to Nom Nom she has had no problems and she loves her food so much. Would recommend to anyone looking for good, healthy food for their dog.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Every 4 weeks, right on time, the cold/frozen food packs arrive. Ginger gets her chicken chow for breakfast and beef mash for supper. She is soon excited! Cleans her bowl and licks it again to make sure she has it all. I can choose to tear the pack from a corner and recycle. What could be better? Although NomNom seems pricey, it's quality!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We have two senior dogs, one a picky eater and one with healthy issues. After researching the benefits of fresh food over canned or dry, we tried another home-delivery service for pets but found it lacking in packaging, instructions and general appeal. We took advantage of the Nom Nom trial and it has been truly transformational for our dogs. The picky eater LOVES his food, and our senior with health issues has seen a noticeable improvement in coat luster, reduced itching and improved dental hygiene (dog breath will always be a little stinky, but now it doesn't plow me down!).

Nom Nom has been incredibly communicative on where we are in the delivery process and it is easy to change your order for either pet. They also provide a plethora of resources on a variety of dog topics. I also feel good knowing they have staff veterinarians working on formulations and improvements. I have only had the need to reach out to customer service once and they replied promptly and were so helpful! If you are thinking of fresh food for your pet, I highly recommend NomNom.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Our dog Bill used to just let the cat push him aside at meal times so she could steal his food. After we started Nom Nom, the poor cat had a shock when Bill snapped at her to protect his food. Tells me this stuff is MUCH more valuable to him than the crappy canned stuff or dried kibble ever was. I have NEVER seen him so excited for meal times! Additionally, his breath smells better, his bowel movements decreased in size (and smell!!) by ~50%, and his coat is softer and silkier than it has ever been. We had such a great experience with the dog food, we started ordering for our cats as well. Customer service handles feedback/concerns really well and is always courteous, friendly, and prompt to respond. Would definitely recommend!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

My dog loves NOM NOM dog food. She is so excited when it is time to eat. She will sit patiently until I crack open the bag then it is whine time. She can't wait to eat. She is healthy and also looks more svelte since she is on this dog food. I had one problem with a late delivery during a very hot week during COVID. I called and told you that the food was off and you immediately sent me a new batch. I am very happy with this company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I just canceled our subscription and it's a shame. Our dog really liked the food. We canceled because of inconsistencies with the weight of several food packs; basically not getting the amount of food we pay for. Each food pack is supposed to be 200 grams. We have to split the pack in half for each meal. I noticed that several food packs weighed less than 200 grams, some as low as 130 grams. I did outreach customer service several times, they were hard to get on the phone. I text twice and finally received a call back. The customer service rep apologized and explained they did have machines calibrated recently. I explained the issue and the customer service rep made up for it by giving us an extra week's worth of food as well as an approximately $20 credit.

After that call, we received two more monthly shipments that still had several food packs weighing less than 200 grams. I really wanted Nom Nom to work out since the food seemed to be more appealing than other fresh food brands out there, but we can't justify paying for this product when they cannot provide us the correct amount of food.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

We started ordering from Nom Nom when our dog Jack started having digestive issues. He would vomit, have runny stools etc. I figured it had to be because of the food he was eating because the vet could not find anything wrong. His stomach just could not handle it anymore. I did some research and found Nom Nom offered more of what I wanted and was more reasonably priced. Jack also needed to lose a few pounds and the prepackaged portion sizes helped. I like that you can pick different recipes and can change at any time. Deliveries are on time and I love that the packaging is recyclable. Jack has lost the weight that he needs and has maintained. We will see how he does on his next vet visit.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I have not been able to reach Nom Nom by telephone for specific questions. Also, there is no way on the website to delay an order--only a way to skip one. That does not work well for us. We do love the food.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

The last two shipments were sent to a wrong address. I had notified you after the first time but it happened again in the most delivery. This is not acceptable and I hope it won't happen again. Thank you very much.

Nom Nom Company Information