Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Canidae Pet Foods

Thank you for your review! We're very happy to hear that your Staffy is doing well on Pure Meadow.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I started feeding my 8yr old Staffy Canidae, Pure Meadow Senior, grain free 5 months ago. His coat looks great nice & shiny, he acts like a pup again & loves his Canidae kibble. Canidae is real easy to digest & is lower in fat - 10.08% what is needed as they get older. He is doing really well on this formula.

Hi John,

We are so happy to hear that your American Bulldog is doing so well on the CANIDAE Limited Ingredient Grain Free PURE Land formula. Thank you for your support and for your review.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I have a three-year-old American Bulldog and we’ve been purchasing Canidae Food for him for a couple of years now as recommended by the manager at the Pet Club store. He’s not a cheap dog and he’s thoroughbred so I want to invest in the best and valuable ingredients plus we try to be consistent with the bison flavor he eats. It’s a very good product and I’d highly recommend it.

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your support and for your wonderful review. We are very happy that the LIFE Stages works well for your dogs. Thanks again!

Original review: July 21, 2017

We used to use ALPO but we quit because of the content that was in it. We've been purchasing Canidae for two years now and I like it. I have two Boxers, a Pit and a Shih Tzu-Poodle at the ages of 14, 10, 1 and 5. We purchase Life Stages for them because of their different ages and it's also very valuable to feed my pets natural ingredients. It's a great product.

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your past support and for your review. Please contact us at 1-800-398-1600 or support@canidaesupport.com if we can ever be of any assistance. Thanks again!

Original review: July 20, 2017

The place I was buying pet food referred me to Canidae. I got the one which had buffalo meat in it. Feeding my pets natural ingredients is quite valuable to me. I have two pit bulls, one’s six years old and the other is five. I love Canidae. It was just too expensive. I was buying it for three months and then I stopped. I found a competing brand with basically the same ingredients for a cheaper price.

Hi Casey,

Thank you so much for your review! Its so great to hear CANIDAE has been a part of your family for so long. Thank you for your support, we appreciate your recommendations and continued loyalty.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have been feeding my dogs with Canidae Pet Foods for eight years now. I had a yellow Labrador named Neighbor then I also had two of his sons named Hank and Monk and Neighbor has since passed away. These two dogs are going to be 12 this year. Monk eats pretty much anything, but Hank is pretty finicky and I have to alternate his food every couple of months. He was good with Bison, but he burned out on it. Then he did pretty well with Lamb and Chicken and he did with Duck for a little while as well.

Since the dogs are a little older, we were looking at the protein content. One of them has health issues too. Canidae's Life Stages had other ingredients that were superior to other stuff that we saw. My dogs are a part of the family so I want to give them the best things I can. Feeding them with natural ingredients is invaluable. They liked Canidae, they do really well on it and digest it great. They've never been overweight and they keep a nice healthy weight on them. They're really active too. Canidae has always been a really good food for us.

Hi Rory

Thank you so much for your support and wonderful review! Its so great to hear CANIDAE has been a part of your family for so long. We love that you are apart of the CANIDAE Family. We appreciate your recommendations and loyalty.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I've been feeding dogs that range from an Akita to Pomeranians and Chihuahuas with Canidae for six years. We started on it right when it first came out in the market. We just looked for a change. We free-feed the dogs and it has worked for them for all ages. When they were tiny puppies, we got them puppy food. I currently have a Pomeranian that is a year-and-a-half old, a Yorkshire-West Highland Cross Terrier that's about a few months older than the Pom, a two-year-old and a six-year-old standard poodle, and a five-year-old large Australian Shepherd. Feeding them with natural ingredients is important and it's better than the processed stuff. Their coats look good and shiny. They're healthy and they've got a lot of energy. They're active dogs so they're in good shape. In fact, those that I've lost, it was due to old age. Overall, Canidae is a good product so I stick with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canidae Pet Foods?

Hi Christine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are happy to hear you are happy with CANIDAE. Thank you for your support and for being a part of our CANIDAE family.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I've been purchasing Canidae Pet Foods for 10 years now. The pet store recommended it plus they had a rewards program too although the pet store stopped doing the rewards program because they said Canidae had stopped doing it. One of the pets was a senior and I wanted to reduce the calories so we preferred having the Life Stages Canidae product. We have Frankie, a Border Collie mix that's he's nine. Lilly, who just recently passed away, was 12 and 1/2, also a Border Collie. With Canidae, I hope that it gives our dog what he's supposed to be getting. Overall, the experience with Canidae has been great.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your review. Please contact us at 800-398-1600 ext 0 or support@canidaesupport.com if we can ever be of any assistance. Thanks again!

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have three cats. Joey's the oldest one and has some allergy issues, so I do what I can to make him as comfortable as possible. I bought my cats the Canidae Grain Free Pure Sea in particular because the protein base was fish and not red meat or poultry and it made it a lot easier. I've been using it for my pets for a couple of years but then I switched over to Solid Gold which has a few more ingredients. The quality of the two was on the same level. It’s just that I was able to save a few dollars with the Solid Gold.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your support and for your review. We are very happy to hear how well CANIDAE has done for all your dogs. Thanks again!

Original review: July 14, 2017

I looked at the different dog food at our feed store, and I liked the ingredients of Canidae. I was going to get a different one in the beginning, but then I saw the All Life Stages. It was in a bigger bag at the store I go to, and it wasn't incredibly expensive like some foods. I gave it a try and it worked out. It seems to agree with my dogs and they like it. We have three dogs at the house, an Akita, a mutt from the pound, and a Peekapoo, and all three of them eat it. I'm on my fourth Akita and they've all had skin problems, but I don't have skin problems with this dog food, so that's awesome. She's got the best hair out of all the Akitas I've ever had. I've been feeding my dogs with Canidae's All Life Stages for almost two years and continue to buy it.

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for your support and for your great review. It makes us very happy to hear how well CANIDAE Life Stages has been for your Boston. Thanks again!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I've been purchasing Canidae for my Boston Terrier for six years now. After it was suggested to me, I did my research, and my dog stuck with it. We have tried their other products, but we usually stick with Life Stages. He’s super sensitive with what he comes across internally and externally, and Canidae is the one thing that I know that is actually balanced for him. He doesn't have any kind of food allergies, any skin irritations, and on top of that, his breath and his teeth are really well and he's about to turn seven. He even has a better diet than me. I don’t really go to Pet Smart or the big pet stores. In smaller ones, everybody’s in tune with what’s going on with Canidae. So, if ever there’s any contamination or some kind of weirdness going on with the food, I’m able to go to my pet store and they already are able to have that information directly from Canidae. I like that they keep people informed of what’s going on. It's an amazing experience overall.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your feedback and review! We are glad to have you a part of our CANIDAE Family!

Original review: July 12, 2017

We have several Shih Tzus and one Pekingese/Shih Tzu mix. They had allergies with our previous dog food so we switched to Canidae. We have been buying it for three years and we chose Life Stages because of its cost. I would like more fresh vegetables in their diet, but otherwise, we’re happy with and Canidae and I feel confident and comfortable with it.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your support and for your review. We are happy that Anna is a part of our CANIDAE family. Thanks again!

Beth

Original review: July 11, 2017

A friend recommended that I use Canidae, and we've been using it for five to six years. The person at the pet store said that Life Stages was good so that's the one we bought. Anna's eight years old and she's the last dog that we used Canidae with. She likes it and she preferred it over another brand that I had tried for a short period of time.

Hi John,

We are so glad to hear that your dogs have done so well on CANIDAE for many many years and that your Vizsla you have now continues to thrive with CANIDAE products. Thank you for your support and for your wonderful review.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Canidae is the food of choice of a breeder that we bought one of our dogs from. We've been purchasing it for more than 10 years back when my Vizsla and English Pointer were alive, and for another Vizsla we have now which is two and a half years old. The pure lamb or bison variety have the fewest ingredients. We are fitness freaks and we care about what we put in our bodies, and the same should be true of our pets. We appreciate the brand and what they stand for. We love the introduction of another line that was all grain-free and had reduced ingredients. It's what we use now. We hope Canidae keeps doing what they're doing. We're happy customers.

HI Melissa,

Thank you for your support! We are so happy your dog is doing so well on his CANIDAE and that you both find the canned food appealing. Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 9, 2017

Glad I made the switch. I've always fed my dog premium dog food. Unfortunately I have had a few bad experiences with a few brands that claim to be natural. My dog loves this food and is energized and happy after he eats. When you open a can, it smells delicious and appealing (even as a human). He has been on Canidae for about a month and his digestion and energy seem great. He is a happy customer so far. Please don't let your business be bought out by the evil BIG PETFOOD industry who don't care about our dogs and use creative branding to cover up lousy even harmful products.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your support and for your review. Please contact us at 1-800-398-1600 ext 0 or support@canidaesupport.com so we can discuss this with you. Thanks again!

Original review: July 9, 2017

My dogs Sophie and Graham are Beagles and I've been purchasing Canidae's chicken and rice for them for about 7 years. I did some research way back then and Canidae's always been what I use. However, I’ve noticed lately in the last 3 times I purchased a 30-pound bag that there are about 2 cups of crumbles. It’s not the whole pieces. I’d pour the food into another container, so it doesn’t go bad, and use a strainer to pour the food through because there’s so much crumbled food. Then once I was all done, there’ll be a little food left at the bottom of the container.

Hi Jason

Thank you so much for your feedback. We at CANIDAE really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Thank you for your continued loyalty for almost 10 years. Thank you for being apart of our family!

Thanks again,

Beth

Original review: July 8, 2017

I have a Mastiff, a Dachshund, and I have a Chihuahua-type Rat dog. I also have a black Lab and a German Shepherd. I wanted something better than the basic Pedigree stuff so I’ve been giving them Canidae for about 10 years. I fed them All Stages, then I tried the Senior. But when I had younger dogs, I went back to All Stages, which is what I'm feeding them now and it is working out for the age of the group. It gives me a peace of mind knowing that I'm getting something that comes from a better source to have better ingredients. They live happily, they’re shining, and they don’t have any problems that aren’t simply old dog-related. Everything's been good and I would recommend Canidae.

HI Betsy,

That is great! Thank you for your many years of support and for your wonderful review!

Original review: July 7, 2017

We went into our local pet store Healthy Pet in Aspen Park, Colorado. The girl who we talked to knew what she was talking about. I told her what kind of dogs we had and she recommended Canidae. We’ve had a number of animals through the years and we have two right now. Our local store, Healthy Pet, has a happy hour between 4:00 and 6:00 and we get 10% off. We've been buying Canidae for 10 years now and it's been working for us so, we decided to stay with them.

Hi Gilbert,

Thank you for your review about how well your dogs have done with CANIDAE.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I’ve been purchasing Canidae Pet Foods for about two years now and I’ve had great experiences with the food. Canidae was recommended to me. It is very valuable for me to feed my pets natural ingredients. I hear stories all the time on the news regarding dog food that either made the dogs sick or unhealthy. That’s something that I took into consideration when finding new food for the dogs.

I have two great dogs—one is a seven-year-old Australian Shepherd that’s around 60 pounds and the other is a Pit Bull mix which is under 50 pounds. I switch their Canidae dog food up with the different flavors every now and then to see how the dogs would react to them. After I’ve made the change to Canidae, there have been good changes in my dogs. Their coat looks better than how it used to. Also, when they need to go outside to do their business, it’s completely different. Canidae is better than what I’ve been using and I’d recommend them.

HI Bill,

We are so happy to hear how well CANIDAE has been for all of your dogs. Thank you for your support and for your review!

Original review: June 29, 2017

We've been purchasing Canidae food for our pets for about four years. Sometimes, we feed them the dry food, and sometimes we feed them the wet food. We save our coupons and then we get an extra bag. We have seven dogs whose ages range from seven to two. We have a couple of Rottweilers, an Australian Shepherd with the blue eye and the brown eye, and four pugs. We get the Life Stages as it had the extra ingredient then that we didn’t have for what my wife was feeding our dogs. One out of the three pugs that we inherited was a little diabetic and Life Stages worked a bit better for it. We’re satisfied with Canidae. It’s always been there for our dogs. They like the taste of it and eat it up. They don’t leave anything. They never get sick and they keep their normal weight.

Hi Chelsea,

We are so happy to hear how well your Dalmatian loves our Limited Ingredient Grain Free PURE formulas. Thank you for your support and for your wonderful review.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I was trying to find a really good food for my 5-yo Dalmatian because some dogs don’t like grain - they like more meat. I looked up online for a dog food that consisted of mainly all-meat and I saw that it was Canidae. My Dalmatian tends to like the all-meat and it helps with her digestive system. I get the chicken, duck and the salmon. I mix it up and also buy a different kind each time. You get different flavors and it’s healthy for the dogs. Natural ingredients are very valuable because the more nutrients, the more they get control of their life too instead of feeding them like Kibbles 'n Bits. I’m not going to feed them Kibbles 'n Bits and then have them not live as long because I’ve known people who feed the right kind of dog food and they can actually extend their life a little bit longer too.

HI Stan,

Thank you for your support and for your review. We are so happy all of your dogs are doing so well on CANIDAE. Thanks again!

Original review: June 22, 2017

We've been purchasing Canidae Pet Food since we've had our oldest dog, Junior, about thirteen years ago. He's a pit bull and we also have a rott/chow, two rat terriers, a red heeler, and a little mastiff. Their ages are different and they've all done great on Canidae. They’re all extremely healthy and they've got great coats. They always smell good, so we don't have to bathe them every single day.

Hi Denise,

Thank you for your support and for the wonderful feedback. Please contact us at 1-800-398-1600 ext 0 or at support@canidaesupport.com and we can assist you in locating CANIDAE in your area.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I have a chocolate labradoodle who's gonna be 10 in August. With the vets and the staff at the clinic, we all liked Canidae for our animals and I purchased it for eight years until it was discontinued in the pet supermarket where I shop at. I liked that I could buy Canidae and cut off the UPC code and save them. I could buy 12 and get 1 free and that was awesome because it's expensive.

It was a better product choice for my dog. It was grain-free and corn-free, and my understanding is that the less grain you feed, the more years you add on to your dog’s life. The ingredients are 100% important and that’s why I chose Canidae. But my dog has a sensitive stomach and she used to throw up every now and then. Now that I've switched to Blue Buffalo grain-free, she throws up a lot less. I'm paying more for Blue Buffalo, but I don't really look at price when it comes to my dog. I just have to do it. I would still probably be feeding her with Canidae if it wasn’t for the store discontinuing the product. Blue Buffalo was the next best thing there.

Hi Tami,

We are very glad to hear how well your Old English Bulldog is doing on CANIDAE and that your other dogs love it to. Thank you for your support and for referring potential customers to CANIDAE as well.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I've been buying Canidae for my pet for two years now and mostly because of the ingredients and smaller-sized kibble. I have a three-year-old English Bulldog. She's super tiny and was born with a birth defect. She is really like the size of a Frenchie, and I needed smaller kibble for her because she has a lot of health issues for being born different. She was born without a butthole, and so we had to build her one. I purchased the Life Stages product of Canidae because Bulldogs have a lot of allergies. I was staying away from the grains and away from any of the fowl so I only feed that kind of dog food product to my other dogs as well.

I love the Canidae dog food, otherwise I wouldn’t feed it to my pets. I feed two different dog foods. I feed another brand as well. One of my dogs did not like the other food, so I switched her to the Canidae that my other dog is on, and she loves it. They’re happy with the food and it’s really important that it's been keeping them healthy and maintaining their weight. I don’t have problems with tear stains, allergies, and with a lot of the common things where they'll see happening with other dogs that are reacting to a dog food and owners not understanding what it is.

I recently found out that Canidae does offer a program that when I buy 11 or 12 bags, I get one free. They also have the breeder and the rescue group program that I was just told about and that I’m going to get involved with. It’s super helpful to me because I have nine dogs at my house, just feeding that many is a lot. It's helpful now that I can pass on the information to other potential adopters and say that they have this program if other people want to buy their food. Not all dog foods have that so that’s important to me.

Canidae Pet Foods

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-398-1600 or support@canidaesupport.com if we can ever be of any further assistance. Thanks again!

Original review: June 17, 2017

I bought Canidae for my pet for three years off a buddy's recommendation. However, they raised the price and so I ended up going back to another brand. I had three Pointers. Canidae was $54 for one 44-pound bag and my dogs eat a lot. Canidae was a great dog food and my dogs did well on it. However, it got a little too expensive for that many dogs. The other brand has the same ingredients and I can get a bag of that for about half the price of a bag of Canidae.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that all of your dogs are looking better inside and out! Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I started raising my dog on Canidae and then I ended up getting a couple more dogs so I couldn't really afford to feed all of them Canidae so I switched out to Pedigree and he started losing weight and his coat started getting dingy. Also, I could tell, that he was nowhere near as healthy within a couple of months and so I switched back to Canidae despite the fact that it costs a little bit more. I've been purchasing them for the last four years and I now have three great, shiny-coated big mutts that are happy and well-fed.

It made rational sense that something that's good for dogs should be good for dogs whatever age they are. I went with the All Life Stages formula because I had a dog that was quite a bit older. The oldest one is four years old and the other ones are three, and they're big and young enough to be jumping around and doing all kinds of stuff. So with that many dogs, I had to feed a lot and Life Stages was the one they had in the 44-pound sacks. It's almost $200 dog food a month and I can hand in the twelve proofs of purchase and get a sack, which cuts almost 10%. Also, A friend of mine, who takes care of them when I work out of town, thought that it's a lot of money on dog food, but he watched them come into better health with them and was sold on that. So, I'm happy to see they can keep my pets healthy and I'd definitely recommend it to a friend.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your review! We're glad that all five of your dogs are doing well on CANIDAE!

Original review: June 11, 2017

I have five dogs so I have three different kinds of Canidae which include Life Stages, the Duck, and the Senior. My Westie had some allergy issues and that suggested Duck or Bison. They all seem to like it really well which means a lot. It might be a little more pricey but I feel like it’s a good dog food. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be using it. Also, Canidae is made in the US and I feel that they are a good company and I don’t have to worry about recall issues. I’m very pleased with it.

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that both your dog and cat are doing well on Canidae!

Original review: June 10, 2017

Someone recommended Canidae when I asked at the pet food store. I've been using Platinum for my dog and Life Stages for my cats for at least four years now. I buy it because it's not a lot of grain. Also, I like the saving the UPC program, as I get a free bag here and there. It's a good deal. I'd recommend Canidae.

Canidae Pet Foods

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Henry is doing well on our lamb formula!

Original review: June 8, 2017

Henry is a beagle and he’s four. He was showing signs of being allergic to chicken so I wanted him to go on a lamb diet. And then in the process of trying to find a lamb diet for him, I came across Canidae wherein I bought their regular lamb and rice in the brown bag. I liked that he's eating lamb, it’s grain-free and more easily digestible so that's good for him. My dog loves it and has been eating it for three and a half years. He's always happy when I put down the bowl. He's not one of the beagles that you put down the food and he's ravenous and inhales everything in two seconds. He grazes throughout the day but he's never turned his nose up at it so I'm happy with that. I also really liked the program where after you buy a certain number of bags, you get a bag free.

Canidae Pet Foods

Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear that both of your dogs are doing well on our All Life Stages formula!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I've been purchasing Canidae Pet Foods for four years because a pet food store recommended it as one that had none of the gross stuff in it. I have two dogs and they are from the shelters. They're sweet little babies and they are both 70 pounds but we don't know what they are. We give them Life Stages because we knew they were younger and we just didn't want to have to switch dog foods throughout their life because it's something we can just keep forever. It messes with their bellies and then they poop on your floor and no one wants that. It's very valuable to feed them with natural ingredients so we picked Canidae and that's mostly what they eat. Also, I really like getting the free bag every 12 bags. The pet food store we buy from would take the labels and give us their free one.

Hi Heidi!

We're happy to hear that your dogs are doing so well on our All Life Stages formula! Thank you for recommending!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I was looking for a better food for my dogs that would help them with their skin and overall health. I have two American Bullies. One is seven and the other is four. I want them to eat well. Canidae Pet Foods was recommended to me and I love it. Life Stages was the best for both because of the age difference. And then there were puppies for a little while. It’s cost–effective, they like it and it works. They’re not hungry all the time. Before, they’re always looking forward to eating whereas now, when they eat, they’re fuller longer. They also don’t have as much waste. It's healthy and we’ll keep using it. Overall, Canidae is one of the best that I’ve ever used for my dogs. I’ve recommended it to many people.

Hey Fred,

Thank you for the review! We're glad that your French Bulldogs are doing well on our All Life Stages formula!

Original review: June 5, 2017

My French Bulldogs were very picky and they seemed to like the Canidae Life Stages, which I've been buying for three years. The price point was good as well. All in all, my experience was pretty good.

Canidae Pet Foods Company Profile