Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 3 stars3%
  • 2 stars0%
  • 1 stars1%

www.canidae.com

Canidae Pet Food is committed to providing you, our valued customer, the highest standard of excellence for product quality, palatability, customer satisfaction and customer service. We began as genuine pioneers in natural and holistic pet foods, and we continue to raise the bar to create A Healthier Today for a Longer Tomorrow.

I have had my 3 dogs on Canidae dog food for 8 years now and I could not be happier with the food. I use to feed a food that I was told was very good and all my dogs were at the vet every couple months with scratching and sometimes hot spots. When I went to a dog event, I was talking with a retail store that had a booth and they mentioned some ingredient issues that may be causing the issues I was see with my dogs. They gave me samples and I didn't think much about it until my next costly vet visit. I switched foods and 2 dogs did get very loose stools but the store recommended to try some pumpkin. It worked great and they got over the loose stools in a couple of weeks. Now I do a vet visit every couple of years and everything is going great. I am sure my vet misses the visits but I do not. I recommend this food all the time and I have not had anyone complain after they switch. If they notice a loose stool I tell them to try pumpkin and it seems to work well.

We've been purchasing Canidae for about 5 years now because they have a more natural selection. I have a 6-yr old Vizsla named Meg and I use the Pure Sea for her. I used to get the Chicken but it wasn’t pure - it had grain in it. She used to never eat her food right away but she’ll eat Pure Sea better than she used to eat the other. She would leave the Chicken until 6 o’clock at night, but she eats Pure Sea within an hour. Canidae is a good food and has a good customer service. They were super helpful when I did have a problem with a bag. They gave us a new bag and a coupon, too. They have been helpful any time I’ve had an issue. Being a smaller company, we’re able to get customer service from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have been purchasing Canidae food many years now. We’ve tried other brands but it went down to the nitty gritty. Canidae is what Shayana, our two-year-old Husky, likes. She really likes the Bison variant. We switch a little bit with the Canidae Pure canned dog food which she also likes. We mix it up so she doesn’t get bored. We find feeding Shayana natural ingredients to be very valuable. It’s important for her to have tasty, wholesome, reliable, and healthy food. Canidae plays a tremendous part in my pet’s health and well-being. Whenever we have her weighed at the vet clinic and every time we tell the vet what she is eating, she says, “Oh, good!” They know Canidae’s quality food also. If we had any other dog food, she would turn her nose up at it. It’s a plus for her to like it. We don’t have to worry about coaxing her. Every bag of Canidae is delicious and we continue buying it for her.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read the "The Whole Dog Journal" and they test the foods and come out with an article every year of approved foods and I know that Canidae is always on the approved list and then also I was looking for a limited ingredient diet for my dog. It's high-quality food for a reasonable price. I'm currently feeding my dog the Pure one made from Bison. They also give great customer service. I was having some issues getting their coupons e-mailed to me and they took the time to respond to me and e-mailed the coupons and sent me some in the mail.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Chihuahuas have always been on the Purina Puppy Chow, but then when I got these two new puppies (Bindi and Cosmo), my daughter was telling me that I should try better dog food. Then she found Canidae for me, she said that this one looks like it has good ingredients, so I tried it. I buy the Canidae Grain Free Pure Chewy Treats and their Grain Free Pure Foundations puppy formula.

Canidae is not sold in my town so I have to travel 30 minutes to the next town to buy it. When I go, I just buy a bunch of bags so I don’t run out. I try and find coupons because it’s a little pricey because with Purina, it’s very cheap, and this one is $13 a bag. When I first started buying the Canidae puppy chow, to me it looked like a different color and now, it seems like it’s darker and I wanted to know if they had changed the formula. I already contacted the company and asked me to take a picture. I sent a picture to them and they never responded back. But, the dogs like it, and are happy and I don’t have a problem with them being sick on it. Every now and then, we would see my 11-year-old chihuahua (whom I have been feeding Purina) go to Bindi and Cosmo's dog food to eat Canidae every day. We might switch all our dogs to Canidae.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canidae Pet Foods?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have two six-month-old kittens and I didn't want any by-products or any filler in their food. I did a lot of research on the product and labeling and so I chose Canidae. I'm feeding them the Under the Sun Kitten-Adult canned food, the duck, the chicken and the turkey and I'm feeding the dry kitten by Canidae. The food is perfect for them. When I take them to the vet, the vet says they're completely healthy and at the right weight, they turned out to be beautiful Siamese kittens and I account for that for the food that they're getting. I just love the food. I'm very happy with it. I've had five Siamese cats over my lifetime and the last one I fed strictly Purina and I had some bad experiences with the Purina food and the vets feel that she passed away just because of the food.

My huge rescue dog, a great big 12-year-old 120-pound lab mix, had huge fist-sized patches of hair gone when I rescued him. I was researching what was going on with him when I got him and someone said, “You need to try Grain Free and that would make all the difference in the world.” So I was in The Feed Store asking about Grain Free and getting feedback from the employees and they said, “Just try Canidae.” And then I tried it with my dogs and they absolutely loved All Life Stages 44. My huge dog has got a gorgeous coat now and he’s totally happy and healthy. The size of the kibble and the ingredients are also good for all my dogs' breeds.

I rescued another dog, a bullmastiff, but I’m a full-time student and a widow, and so I’m pretty broke. I wrote Canidae a letter and said, “I rescued this dog. These are the circumstances. It’s wonderful dog food, and I want to have everybody on the same dog food.” And then they ended up sending me a voucher for a 44-pound bag of dog food and a bunch of coupons for dog food. It’s been very, very helpful and I’m just very, very grateful. I have recommended them to friends and I have got people to change from regular dog food to Canidae and to Grain Free.

I liked that Canidae was family-owned and had good quality ingredients which my dogs did well on. I left when they were packaging with Diamond. They called and told me they had their own facility opened again so I went back to them only to find out they lied and were still packaging with Diamond. I won’t buy it again. Diamond killed one of my dogs. I’m not okay with Canidae packaging with a company they know is responsible for so many animal deaths and sicknesses. Their customer service was good and their prices then were extremely fair.

I breed and raise German Shepherds. We raised working dogs, service dogs, detection dogs, so it’s all ages and we weaned to Canidae up until the elderly years. We bought canned, dry, the grain free, the PURE, the normal, all life stages, which we’ve used or were using on a regular basis. For a long time, my dogs did amazing on it. I had dogs that had allergies and ones that had sensitivities. I have working dogs which are hard to keep weight on even with the very expensive foods but there were times where the quality of the food wasn’t right and consistent enough.

I’ve actually gone through hundreds and hundreds of contacts just in the last couple of months to make sure we got everybody off of it. I’m extremely disappointed. I feel they’re dishonest and hide things, and it sucks because I loved them. I now spend four times as much on food to put them on raw because it’s too much of a pain.

I wasn't sure if my pets were having allergies or just getting old so I thought of starting to feed them better food. Canidae has no grains on it and has more natural products so I bought a bag of dry dog food in chicken flavor for my medium-sized dog named Sandy because she likes chicken. Canidae was really good and they also sent me some coupons which was really, really nice.

Six weeks ago, I switched from the brand that I've been using for three years. One of my friends sent me an email link about Canidae and that it was made in America. I watched the whole promotional video online and wanted to support the company. It seemed like the dog food was probably better than what I was using from Wellness. Canidae has been great, so far. However, I had ordered this new bag of the treat and was unaware that it had chicken fat in it. That was one issue I had and had to give the treats away to a friend. My dog is allergic to chicken, so I ordered the salmon, the sea dog food, then ordered the treats that went with those, assuming that they did not have any chicken in it because it said "good ingredients". But when they got here, it did have chicken fat, and I got them from Amazon so I was not able to return them.

I get the canned food, as well as the wet food to mix with it occasionally, but I've not had to do that like I did with Wellness. It's been six weeks since I started this, and I ordered a case of the wet food, thinking I would have to mix it to get him to eat it. However, I've never had to open one can. He eats it without ever having to put the wet food in it. The difference from the previous dog food is he actually enjoys Canidae. He's eager to eat, and doesn't leave the bowl the whole time he's eating. He loves it. I just wish they had some treats that had the same great ingredients as the dog food with no chicken fat and no by-products in it. I don't think they carry a single treat that doesn't contain chicken fat. But overall, Canidae is an awesome company. I wrote the company and told them about their treats and they were emailing me back and forth right away.

I saw Canidae's ratings for the All Stages were the highest and I purchased one small bag for the first time. It was also recommended by a breeder. I have two Aussiedoodles, a standard and a mini. The mini is two and the standard is about three months. I can feed both of them that one food. However, the All Life Stages didn’t go so well. I only used two scoops out of that bag. There was some serious projectile vomit as soon as one of them ate it so every morsel of it was out. I then switched to the Grain Free, both the puppy one and the Grain Free with the lamb, and that is working out much better. The biggest thing that I look for in dog food includes being grain free so that they don’t have the skin issue. The next is the dye to avoid the staining around the mouth. It's been great so far and everybody likes Canidae.

I’ve always believed in quality dog food and doing a research and some study on it, I came to the conclusion that Canidae was one of the best that we could afford without going overboard on price. We have a one-year-old French Mastiff and we had started out with doing the Large Breed Puppy but it doesn’t come in with Grain Free so I talked to our veterinarian and she said "it’s fine, just do it in the regular Puppy." My ultimate choice was going Grain Free because I felt that it had less fillers and stuff that's in it. I’d been real satisfied with it. He didn’t like the Giant Breed Puppy because it’s made out with duck and he didn’t care for it a bit when we switched to the regular Puppy which is the chicken. He loved it. He’ll go right for it and eat it. But it would be great if they can come up with Large Breed Chicken.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been purchasing Canidae for 15 years. The pet food store recommended it and now I choose it because it’s grain-free. When I started I had little tiny poodles, but now I have cats. I got the cats at a shelter, but since they’ve been eating Canidae, they’re totally shiny and healthy. Even my old cat is shiny and healthy since they’ve been eating the grain-free, and it has really changed the old one's life. I used to buy the salmon dry food, but all of a sudden my cats stopped eating it altogether and I don’t know why. So I buy whatever I can find of the other, tuna or trout. Then recently, every price has gone sky-high and I’m having a terrible time finding it in stock. Even at Petco, they back-ordered it. So I wondered what was going on with the pet food. But overall Canidae contributes everything to my cats' health and well-being, and I'm very happy.

The pet store recommended Canidae Lamb & Rice so we tried it and my dogs loved it. They started eating and ate everything. We've been purchasing it for 12 years now and it’s worked ever since and we will never switch. We have a Husky and he turned 11 and is still on the dog food. We have a new Pomeranian and she likes the Canidae over the other little kibbles.

Canidae's program is good. Their product speaks for itself. Our dogs are healthy, have kept weight on, have got shiny coats especially the Husky who got lots of fur and they haven’t had any stomach problems. So this is by far the best product and I'll keep buying it even if the price here in Canada is expensive. I buy the big bags for its value for the bucks. They also have a Buy 12, Get 1 Free program. I just applied to that and I hope they email me the coupons. It was excellent overall. When I sent them an email, I got a response right away. And they've always kept stock of the product in our store where we buy the pet food. I never go there where they're out especially that it's important to me to be able to get the product. I tell people about Canidae.

I have two dogs, a 7-year old Boston Terrier and a year old Frenchton. They were experiencing skin issues so I was trying to simplify their diet. They’re on the second large bag of Canidae food. I was choosing on the limited ingredients and trying to avoid chicken so I purchased the Pure line. So far it's good for them, more so than other foods, and I'm happy with it. I find it extremely valuable and important feeding my pets natural ingredients. The only thing is that I would like to know exactly where my pet food is manufactured.

I was searching for a new food because my dogs were having problems. A good friend of mine who is a manager at Petco feeds Canidae to her dogs and so does another employee, so I thought I would try it. Of my four dogs, I have two particular ones, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, who are two and nine years old, with IVD. These two need a prescription diet right now. That's why I was looking for something that was easy for them and I thought I'd try Canidae. I bought the salmon and the bison variety. It didn't work, but the only reason is because they are sick. The food from Canidae was too much for them at the moment. It wasn’t settling well with them, but they liked it.

I like the fact that it's a limited diet with only seven ingredients, and there's multiple proteins available to choose from. I wish there were more single proteins. I know the bison has the lamb in there as well. I wish there was just bison, nothing else. Other than that, I think it’s fine. It is very valuable to feed my pets with natural ingredients. In fact, I really can't wait till they're off the prescription. If my dogs were healthy, I would not be averse to using Canidae at all. I like their food. It's good food and I have friends who use it and love it. I would recommend the food. I have no problems with it.

Due to a recommendation from a friend, we went with Canidae and have been purchasing it for two months. My Shih Tzu enjoys it and he has been healthier and active since eating Canidae. It's been a very excellent experience.

Canidae is one of the best products I have ever bought for my dogs. I used to give my dogs the cheap brands, and one of my dogs, Sylvester, had allergies and kept getting bald spots. He’s a Great Dane and has a sensitive stomach. I tried everything. Then I finally switched him and all my other dogs to the Canidae Lamb and Rice. Now his coat is shinier. He doesn’t have bald spots anymore. He had a yeast infection in his ear and it’s now healing. All my dogs use the same product now. I started using it after a couple of people told me that it’s a really good product. It’s not a filler food, and they use it on their dogs and their coats are very shiny and they don’t have any issues.

My Great Dane needed to bulk up, so I tried to find a good protein for him. And now with Canidae, my pet is a lot thicker, bulkier and looks a lot healthier. We tried to figure out what he’s allergic to and we used Canidae's chicken but then we decided to stick to something that’s not poultry. Overall, Canidae's pricing is really good and it can be fed to all of my dogs. I love it a lot, although I wish they had a bigger bag. It’s my go-to product for any dog, and I always recommend it to any person with a dog having a rash, not eating or not fat enough. Now that I know all the health benefits and everything that Canidae has done for my dog, I realized that it’s really important to feed our pets natural ingredients. In fact, I work at Petco and Canidae is one of the main pet foods that I always suggest to our customers. I got so many people to buy it.

Canidae had only one recall of their products, and that convinced me to buy from them. Their product doesn't have any fillers in it too and it’s the best quality I can find. I have three dogs - a Welsh Terrier, a super eight and my beloved Angie, who I just had put away with cancer. They have all been eating Canidae PURE. I use the buffalo and not the lamb. I wouldn't feed them anything that's not natural because it's not good for them. It’s just that Canidae's price keeps going up. $75 dollars for 24 pounds is awful. But overall, I had an excellent experience with this brand of dog food.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 19, 2016

I had a bad experience happen to me and then CR called the very next day about Canidae dog food. I told the woman I spoke to I didn't think it was fair that I answer these questions then, as I was upset at the company. She told me to do the best I could and that she understood. It all started out with a pop-up I received saying free dog food. After clicking on the link and filling out a form, there was no place to send it to. I was very upset and figured it was a scam. I emailed the company asking "Where do you get your free food from?" They knew nothing about it and said they would look into it.

The next day I got an Email saying they had nothing like this. The only thing they have is a contest each month where you can sign up to take a chance on winning food for your pet. They asked if I could send the link to them, but I had deleted it. Anyway, I looked again but didn't find it. The lady I spoke with was VERY nice and said she would send me the free food and coupons. That was very nice of them. Just today I also got 6.00 in more coupons. My dog loves the food. I told them they have a new customer and thanked them for the food. Great company. It's too bad they have other companies or people that scam people. I'm still upset over this but, know it's not the company's fault. I give them a 5-star rating.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I was online looking around for something, and something popped up and it says, "Free dog food". So I clicked on it and then it brought me to, I guess, the Canidae site, and it asked me some information about what kind of dog I had and what kind of food that he has been eating and so forth. So I went ahead and when I got done filling out the information, there was no link or nothing that I click then. So, what the heck is this? How am I supposed to get this to the company? I tried a number of things. I spent a stupid hour on the thing, trying to figure it out, and I couldn't. Finally, I was getting more and more mad and upset. So I sent an email to the company and I said, "What are you guys doing? Is this a scam? Is this how you get new customers, saying free dog food?" There's no place to send this link.

They wrote me back saying that they weren't sure which link I was talking about or which advertisement. They said they would talk to somebody and get back with me. The next day, they emailed me and said that they weren't aware of any contest or any free dog food. They talked to the people in charge of the website and the only thing they had going, which they do once a month, is they take a survey like that and then they put my name in for a raffle for a bag of free dog food.

I told the woman, "Well, this wasn't a raffle. This explicitly said free dog food." She asked me if I could send her the website, and I went back to look for it and I had deleted it already. I looked for it and I tried a couple of different things to try to get it back again, and I just couldn't. I'm very upset over that free dog food ordeal. I'd like to get to the bottom of it one day, and I will keep my eye open for that advertisement that said free dog food, and email it to the people up there. But, Canidae sent me a bag, and my miniature poodle likes it, so it's good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Chelsea, our five-year-old miniature schnauzer, has been having Canidae for three years now. My husband read about Canidae and it was more natural than the other ones that we were going with for our dog. We first went with the Pure Sky duck-flavored dog food and it was working for her before but she decided to not want to eat after about 2 years of having it. She didn't eat for 3 days so we took her to the doctor and they said that she was being picky. I decided to change her pet food to a different flavor or style that’s specifically for small breed so we switched and she’s been eating since then. It's very important for me to feed our pet natural ingredients and I don’t want to poison my dog. Canidae keeps her healthy and she’s eating it every day or whenever we serve it to her and that’s with a mix of the dry and the wet food.

Our experience with Canidae has been great and I had just one issue so far. I store my dog food in the garage but it’s closed off with a clip; we’ve always done it this way. One day I saw ants in my garage and I noticed they're going into the bag of dog food. I guess it wasn’t sealed tight enough in one of the corners so ants got into the dog food but there was apparently a hole in the bag. I had to unfortunately throw the bag away. But that’s one time out of all the times I bought their dog food.

Two of my dogs have serious skin allergies and we determined that their allergies are to brans and glutens. I had been feeding them Solid Gold and every time they repackaged the product, seemed to take out two pounds and raise the price $5. First of all, I didn’t like that marketing technique. It was a bit shady. And second of all, it got to the point where it’s a good dog food but there are equally good alternatives that are priced less. Those are what caused me to switch.

I have three German Shorthaired Pointers: Rebel and Dixie are working field dogs and the ones with skin allergies, and Hodd is a blind rescue. I switched Rebel and Dixie to the senior chicken grain free, which local stores in my area do not stock. I have to buy it online. It would be awesome if it was stocked locally. Hodd eats PURE lamb because he’s just a baby. It's extremely valuable feeding them all natural ingredients which is a bit on the pricey side, even more so with three big dogs, but it’s money well spent because it saves me thousands of dollars at the vet. When we went to the field and they got something and had flare, it was almost impossible to treat. They were miserable and their hair was falling out. Putting them on a grain-free diet was no problem in itself but the flare was triggered when that factor combined with something environmental.

In Rebel’s last physical exam, protein in his urine was a little high so I was told to put him on a senior diet. He’s been on that for about two months now and we need to go back in about a month for a check to see if we've fixed that problem. It’s a great product. I get it at Pet Supplies Plus and it’s regularly on sale so that’s helpful. I regularly recommend Canidae and it saves my friends being miserable with the skin breakouts.

A month ago, I got a rescue dog. She is a small year old Yorkie mix. My son told me about Canidae and recommended it. I bought the chicken flavor because I saw on the wrapper that it had small pellets and she likes it. When I first got her, I was recommended to get something else that the dogs had when they were in rescue. I bought that and put half of it and half of the Canidae in the dish, and she ate the Canidae first. I also bought one can of wet food. I give her a little and she likes that too. That's her special dinner. But I'd much prefer that she eat lamb products because it really makes the dog's coat sparkle. I hope eating all natural ingredients makes her live a long, happy and healthy life.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have five dogs. The dog trainer recommended Canidae Foods and I've been feeding it to them for six months. Our Great Dane has grain allergy so we always choose the grain-free food, particularly the Under the Sun grain-free chicken and lamb. The dogs are very happy and we’ve noticed a little weight loss which is good. I'm pleased with the customer service and overall quality. I would recommend Canidae.

I went with Blue Buffalo at first because I heard that everything they had was all-natural. And then the "made in China" thing came out and they were part of the ones having a problem, unlike Canidae which was all made in the United States. My vet also recommended Canidae. I have two rescue dogs which are German Shepherd mixes. The small one, Gus, could eat anything but my older dog, Tod, has allergies. But Gus liked Tod's food so much and didn't eat the regular diet I was buying. He wanted the Canidae too and thought that I'll just buy Canidae for both of them. They're big dogs and eat a lot of food. They like the PURE Sea salmon better than the bison but sometimes I switch it up to keep the allergies from striking. I also had a friend who had her dogs on Canidae and they didn't have any allergy problems either.

Feeding my pets natural ingredients is one of the most important things I can do since I learned more about them and found out about the allergies and things that are in dog food. I even buy regular food, cook it and add it to Canidae. But right now, there's not another pet food out there other than Canidae that I would feed my two dogs. They love it and it's good for them, and they haven't had any allergy problems with it. It contributes to my pets' health and well-being because of it not having any fillers. Plus it must taste great because they love it. And both dogs are at a healthy weight and are extremely active.

Tod, my seven-year-old 110-pound dog started running again since I've been feeding him all-natural food and supplementing with all-natural human food. So he feels a lot better. They look forward to Canidae dog food and anytime I put it down, they eat it. They don't just leave it and walk away. I like the fact too that Canidae has the all-natural treats that go along with the dog food. Canidae cares about the dogs that they serve.

I have five dogs: a German Shepherd, two Cocker Spaniels, a purebred Chihuahua and one that's a mixed. I work in a Cocker Spaniel rescue and in our dog training club, I've come across quite a bit of cancer. It could be the preservatives in the kibble. I was on Canidae Life Stages before that and then I went to grain-free because it's cheap and for every 12 bags, I get a free bag. We get at least two bags a month and my dogs have been on that for quite a while. I also based the decision because of dog food advisors. Canidae got 4 or 5 stars.

I've tried one or two other varieties but the dogs seem to be doing okay on Land. I don't know how natural the ingredients are but my German Shepherd had intestinal bowel disease and we've been struggling with diarrhea for her whole lifetime after she was about a year old, trying everything, even prescription medication, a specialist, but nothing worked. By accident, when I went to pick up Canidae, I noticed they had one of those freezing compartments and I picked up raw mainly 'cause my friends used it, and overnight, we had a normal stool.

So, right now, we're trying to figure out why. I'm working with Canidae PURE. It has been suggested that I add some clay, which sounds terrible, but there is a reason to it. I am determining the amount of clay to add since she loves the combination of Canidae that I'm feeding the other dogs. I don't trust canned that much but I know kibble is good. I've been trying to get information about Canidae such as how much meat and other general information about combinations of the kibble and the canned and the differences, but every time, I could not ask for more help whoever it was who's knowledgeable.

But I like Canidae very much. We were having an online auction in the Cocker Spaniel rescue I am with and after I talked to a young lady at Canidae if I could talk her out of a few vouchers that we could put on our auction, she sent me two vouchers for 24-pound bags. I thought if Canidae does that, maybe some of the others might. Well, they don't. Merrick has a way out of it, as well as Blue. So I gave up on any of the others. But the fact that the others had some excuse and Canidae, right off the bat, helped us, they've got a very loyal customer here. That's $100 to help towards paying a neuter. I also recommend Canidae to others. It's really great and you can trust it.

I've been using Canidae for my dogs for more than ten years. I‘ve had three other dogs before that have passed on with the previous generic grocery store food that I used that was okay with most vets. But talking to my vet and to other people with dogs, Canidae was a good combination of both price and quality. It was also convenient for me since I shop at a certain place where I could get it. It’s healthy, good quality food all the time. If there’s anything medically wrong with my dogs, it was never due to the food. They’re all in good shape until they keel over.

I have three Rottweilers, a five-year-old female, a four-year-old and a one-year-old male. I also have a six-month-old male Cane Corso. I used (Purina) Pro Plan for a long time, and somebody told me about Canidae. I tried it and their feces don't smell as rancid as the Pro Plan made it smell. That caught my eye. That was the main reason why I switched to Canidae and I've been buying it for five years. I like their Large Breed Puppy and their "buy 12, get 1 free". Natural ingredients are valuable to me too. I give Canidae's Large Breed Puppy for all of the dogs since they are a large breed. The food is also to keep separate the puppies from the adults. It's been a great experience with Canidae. All my Rottweilers are over 125 pounds and it’s due to their diet. One of them is 135 pounds and he's not even two years old, while his father is only 120 pounds.

Canidae is an American-made product and there's no gluten in it. I've always kept my dogs on dry dog food and it's extremely important to feed them natural ingredients. No matter if Petco does not carry the specific one that I buy on a regular basis, which is the the chicken formula, I know that I can grab any other Canidae dog food that are available right there and they're still gonna be gluten-free. I don't have to read every label to see exactly what's in it, so it's a huge bonus. I've already recommended it to multiple people that I know. We live up here in Alaska so a lot of people run dog teams. Canidae is pure protein with the different variants of additional protein levels that are available, so everything that they offer is based on a protein diet.

The only thing I was questioning is on the back of the Canidae dog food bag down by the proof of purchase, it says to retain that proof of purchase and then your receipt. And then you receive coupons, discounts or points for other future purchases. I have not found any information regarding that on the website to see how to follow through on that. I've got three proof of purchases with three receipts at this time and have no idea what to do with them. I've gotten email replies but they're generic and I have not received specific information pertaining to that email directly.

Our cat has a sensitive stomach and was getting real sick with every food that we tried then I came across Canidae and it seemed to work really well for her. I want to feed my pets the best food. I noticed a great difference in their coat too from people that see them, when feeding them generic stuff versus quality pet food. Canidae also have really good customer service. I recently got a bag and I only had it for a couple of weeks when I realized our cat wasn't eating it. I contacted customer service because I realized after looking over the bag that it was actually outdated, so they sent us a voucher for a free bag of food. I really appreciate the customer service. We recently got a puppy as well and we just started putting her on the Canidae food as well. I would definitely recommend it.

Canidae Pet Foods Company Profile