4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CANIDAE is pet food made by pet people. We use the same ingredients we want for our own pets to make our foods. From working hard to form relationships with the farmers and ranchers that supply ingredients, to opening our own facility to cook the food—we’re dedicated to providing the best nutrition possible for the beloved dogs and cats that enrich our lives in so many ways. Sensitivities, picky dogs, multi-pet households, or healthy food on a budget, CANIDAE has your solution!

Canidae Pet Foods Video
Canidae Pet Foods Gallery (6)
View More View More

1663 Canidae Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 14, 2019

I was at a function in the States and I was talking to different breeders. At the time, I had a border collie and I wanted to know what to do in general, especially since back then, I didn't have access to the internet. I spoke to a breeder who was telling me that if I could get Canidae in Canada, I should get it. Or I should go out of my way to get it. And when I did, I noticed a difference in the coat of the border collie and in its eyes. I also saw the difference in its health and everything in the general within six weeks.

I love Canidae. For the last 14 years, I've been buying the All Stages product and I am really happy because I noticed a difference in all of my dogs. I used to give it to two of my dogs and they lived for 16 and 14 years with no problems. Their coats were shiny and their health were tremendous. They also had no problems with crystal in the kidneys. Now I'm down to one dog and I also give her Canidae. I'm not a chemist or a biologist, but from her the gloss of her coat, the nails, and the eyes, I would recommend that product to anybody. In fact, I have recommended it to other people. My dog is beautiful and I love her. And she's getting the best that I can find.

So I didn't wanna take her off of Canidae. And the few times that I had to, I noticed a difference. I know you always have to change the food gradually or mix it in if you're doing a transition and that's what happened this time in January. I couldn't get Canidae anymore and I was in a panic because our local suppliers stopped making it available. I'm in Canada and even though I'm close to Detroit, they wouldn't let me bring it over the border if I purchased it. So, I had to switch my dog over to what they recommended as a comparable dog food from Pet Value. Still, she was not the same and I wasn't happy. But this week I was able to get a hold of Canidae as I found one place in the county that still carries it. And I make a 30-mile drive to get it, so I bought two big bags.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Thank you for your many many years dedication and support Denise! We greatly appreciate both you and your dogs and thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful review. We are happy that your dogs have done so well with CANIDAE for the past 14 years. Thank you again!

If there are any questions please contact us

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Canidae is all natural, and that is very valuable. It's like what we put in our bodies, we have to think about what our pets put in their bodies as well. I've been purchasing Canidae for at least six years. The store that we purchase it from recommended Canidae for our yellow Lab. She was about two before we got her, and she's already nine. We use the brown 40-pound bag. It lasts a very long time. I wish, however, that they had a better way to open the bag. When I open it, I have to fold it down and use a clothespin. It's not like I can unzip it. At the pet store that I buy it from, they take and cut the UPC symbol off the back, and that leaves a hole in my bag. They have to tape that up because for every semi-bag, I get a free bag. But our biggest thing is having to get into the bag. It's made up of thick plastic and it lasts me for several months, but I wish there was a better way to keep it sealed.

I think adding a zipper-type seal and maybe putting the UPC at the higher portion of the bag would help everyone out, especially the people at the pet store. They don’t have to worry about the food being down there at the bottom where they have to cut the UPC off and have to put the tape over. I wish there was a way that the UPC would kind of peel off. That would be easy for them. But for me, I would like to be able to just zip it open. That way I can zip it close and know that the food is kept fresh. Still, Canidae helps out in my pet's coat and appearance. Its natural ingredients are really good for her.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your support and for taking the time to leave your review. We are very happy that the CANIDAE has been so wonderful for your Lab for the past 6 years. We greatly appreciate you both and we thank you for your suggestion as well. I will send this over for review for future changes. I have also sent you a PM with some suggestions for the upc code as it does not have to be cut out at time of purchase. Thanks again Angie.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Canidae has better ingredients and we used it for about 5 years for our cat and dog. Our eight-year-old male cat liked the Canidae but he was finicky. When the cat food got old, he didn't finish eating what was in his bowl. I would have to dump that out and put fresh food in and then put the older stuff back on top so he’d eat that and it won’t go rancid. I had to do that with the dog food too. The big bag fills 2 food grade containers and by the time we got to halfway through the second pail, the food would be rancid. We could smell it. Our 13-year-old dog won’t eat it too.

We used to buy the chicken flavored ones and we like that the idea that Canidae had three to one ratio between fat and carbs. If it's less than that, then that’s what fattens pigs. The dog was overweight and used to stink when we first got him. He became very active when he was here with us and he slimmed right down just by giving him Canidae dog food. Even though we gave him more than what he was supposed to be eating, he still slimmed down. Also, he had the right calcium and the things that he needed from the dog food so the odor went away.

We liked the dog food but we got so tired of having to throw some out because it would always go rancid on us. We stopped feeding Canidae to our pets 8 months ago even though they are not really fond of what we've got right now and our dog is having a problem chewing. He’s a Blue Heeler and they’re cattle dogs that like to chase the horses. Sometimes, he gets kicked in the mouth by the horses if he doesn’t watch what he’s doing. His teeth are getting real sensitive, so I've been adding water to the dog food to make it softer. But he really doesn’t like it. He really didn’t like that dog food in the first place but at least it wasn’t rancid.

During the summer, we would buy smaller bags, but then we would be in the grocery store all the time buying the smaller bags. A couple of stores close by just have the bigger ones. To get a smaller bag, we had to go way down to Eau Claire that is 40 miles away. I wish Canidae would have a softer dog food too for dogs that can’t chew the hard stuff. My husband reads a lot of labels and he says that Canidae is about the best that we can come across.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My girlfriend had cancer and was in the hospital for six months. When she got out, she started researching all the dog foods. She would buy it and then distribute it to all of us out here on the farm. So, I've been doing it for 20 years. One of my Border Collies had a bunch of joint swelling. I was feeding him dog food that wasn’t labeled and I was gonna slowly switch her over to mine but she ended up being allergic to potatoes. She could have sweet potatoes but no grain and no potatoes. So, I started researching the no-grain stuff. I just found out that Canidae was going grain-free, so that was neat, because I've got a couple of Border Collies that are really sensitive. Our pets are more sensitive than humans.

A next door neighbor raises German Shepherds and we did a supplement at the same time that I tried the new grain-free. So, between the two of them, it has really helped because the one that had all the problems with his joints is back to normal now. These Border Collies are the pickiest eaters in the whole wide world and when Canidae gave me samples of the dry raw, I just put it on my hand to see which ones would eat it and which ones wouldn't. Every single one of them ate it, so I was pretty excited about that.

I tell everybody that I've only had one dog in my whole life that has ever had cancer but I've never had a dog that was fed Canidae that had cancer. I do a lot of babysitting for my friends’ dogs and I warned everybody that I’m feeding Canidae to my dogs and not to bring theirs. I had Junction City order me Canidae and now, their supplier is starting to stock it. I educated them about it and that’s all I tell people to feed. Canidae is all I ever believe in.

Diane,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. We are so happy we were able to provide you with a good healthy nutritious food for your dogs and that you have seen such improvement since you started. We are very happy to hear how well your picky border collies loved our new Raw Coated Grain Free PURE Ancestral line as well. We are thankful and appreciate you and your dogs. Thank you again.

If ever any questions please contact us at 800-398-1600 ext 0 or support@canidae.com

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My cats started throwing up with Blue Buffalo and I heard that they changed their recipe. Somebody bought them out and it wasn’t quite as good so I tried Canidae and the cats love it. I have small and large 22 cats that I’m feeding and I’ve been buying it for eight years. I like it and it’s good for the cats and their coats are so good and great. I do it because I want them to be healthy so that I don’t have that cost in the long run.

I get the other products too but I get Life Stages more since it’s a little cheaper and it does better for them. I get the canned food when I can. I can mix the no-grain with it, but I’ve had problems with diarrhea and stuff with those kitties. If I change them to even another one of the Canidae brand, it can trigger it. So I just put in a little bit in there and mix it up. I have a couple of cats that have rather sensitive stomachs where they throw up. The dogs are usually okay and they are all doing really well. I had Blackie, she was a lab and she was put to sleep at 18.

The cats’ coats are beautiful especially if I start them young. Bobby is not a nice-looking tabby and the vet was walking past and he said, “Wow, what a beautiful cat.” Stretch, the latest one who is almost two years, is also getting a wonderful coat like Bobby. It really does make a difference and all my cats have really nice fur. I spayed and neutered my eight feral cats and I make sure that they get the good food because I don’t want the boys’ urinary tracts plugging up and I can’t afford to get them all that wet. I use Canidae a lot and so, I want to know how I can go directly to them and save some money. I do the “Every 12 bags, I get a bag free.” That’s really important for somebody who’s buying so much like me so Canidae should not stop doing that one. If they can send me anything and they wanna use me in any kind of commercial, if they wanna pay me or give me free food, that would be great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canidae Pet Foods?

Original review: May 16, 2019

A buddy of mine had a mom-and-pop type business as opposed to Petco’s and he had people that were educated on the products. He didn’t carry any of the garbage foods and educated me on what was good and bad, and the differences. IAMS was the gold standard but now, they changed all their innards. Then, Wilderness is good, the Buffalo and all those. I tried them but they either irritated my dogs’ skin or gave diarrhea. I always had two or three dogs at a time. So, a it's trial and error and just sticking with the top premium dog food.

Canidae has always been solid for me. I feed it to a Chihuahua, a Pug and a Brittany Spaniel. They don’t throw up and they don’t have diarrhea. They’re not overweight but they over ate. So, it has contributed in the factor of a healthy lifestyle. I usually get the yellow bag, which is the chicken, mostly because that’s the one that’s mostly in stock at stores in bigger bags. So, I just stuck with it but I switch that every once in a while. I wouldn’t change even on times where I might have a lesser paycheck or struggle. The pet is a member of the family so, So, I’m not gonna go and get a $12 bag of whatever from Stop & Shop because I can’t or because I’m a little tight on cash so it’d be something else. Canidae is affordable, accessible and problem-free.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you Jason! We are happy to hear that CANIDAE has always been so good for you. We appreciate you and your dogs support and we thank you both for your support. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I raise Great Danes and have seven of them. I was looking for a food that fits their needs which was a lower protein and the fat count. I had always recommended Canidae to those people leaving with my puppies. I always gave them a serving to take with them, and then I keep in touch. A lot of them used other dog foods and they're not as great as the Canidae. I enjoyed being part of Canidae's breeding program, but I stopped breeding. I would have loved to continue with them as a consumer with my dogs, but the price keeps going up and I just couldn’t do it.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you Scih for your many years of support. We are glad that CANIDAE was your choice for your breeding program. WE have sent you a private message to go over some price saving options. We appreciate you and your fogs support. Thanks again!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have a little Papillon and the cat is a domestic Shorthair. Canidae has been so great for both of them. Each of my pets are 12 and they’re ancient. They’re little geriatrics and they had upset stomachs with all the other brands. So, we switched over to Canidae and they’ve not had any of the stomach upsets. Canidae uses fresh ingredients and not a lot of grains. We wanted the best for the animals and feeding them natural ingredients are important. I only eat good food so they should eat good food. I’m not gonna have a bunch of trash in my cat food and dog food, because that’s gonna cost more vet bills. They get kidney infections and urinary tract infections, and it’s not like they get good insurance or anything if they have preexisting condition, which is ridiculous. Canidae has kept my pets young. It has contributed quite a bit.

Canidae has educated all the checkout people at PetSmart. So, they’re very passionate about the food as well, and that has been really neat. I get “thank-yous” from the checkout because they are thankful that I’m buying the food so that I care about my pet. They know more about it than I do and they are telling me more information every time I walk in the door. So, that’s cool. We recommend Canidae whenever we have friends over.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you Colleen for your support and for taking the time to leave your rating and review. We appreciate you and your pets support and are very happy that CANIDAE has been such a big part in keeping them healthy. If you ever have any questions please reach out to us. Thanks again!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I used Canidae years ago. But I put my dogs on something else and then they stopped making the products. So I went back to Canidae All Life Stages. My dogs eat it, and they don’t turn their nose to it. The price is pretty good for a pound on average when you break it down. The packaging looks pretty good. I work at a feed store, and people like Canidae and they buy it.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you Rick! We appreciate you and your dogs support. If you ever have any questions or if we can provide any assistance for you or your customers please let us know. We can be reached via phone or email.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Canidae is very highly recommended and I use it on my cats. She is a very picky cat. So, it is good that she likes it because it is hard to find her food. We also used the puppy food for my puppy when he was new. It did great when he was on it. It makes their fur very nice and their skin great. Canidae is a very good food overall. The formula is great. It has healthy grains and I love all the different products that Canidae have. But I wish their packaging had a seal or a Velcro seal so you could just reseal it.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My dogs seem to like Canidae. It is a high-end food, and the price is a little high. I have one of my other dogs on another brand that is as high-quality, and I mix it with Canidae. My other dog, Wrigley, has allergies so she is on a strict Canidae diet. He used to eat Pinnacle Trout & Sweet Potato, and they went to the complete west coast strictly. So, they don't deliver up here anymore. I got forced to switch to another food and Canidae was the closest ingredient to that with everything that my dog needed. If Canidae wasn’t so expensive, I would buy more of it. But if it ends up going up any higher, then I’m gonna look at another brand.

I put my dog food in a bin, and you can definitely see the difference between the two dog foods. Wrigley’s bin is not greasy, but the other bin is greasy. One thing that I don't like about Canidae is that because it is so pure, a couple times I’ve gotten bags of food and opened them up, it was all powder. It must have been the bag on the bottom and it gets crushed. The community store also said that there’s nothing in it to preserve this type of things to keep it from not doing that. But they did reimburse and we brought back the food.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you Jen! We appreciate you and your dogs support and are happy to hear how well CANIDAE has been for your dog with allergies. We sent you a PM with some cost saving options. If ever you have any questions please reach out to us.

Thanks again!

Original review: May 10, 2019

We’ve been very happy with Canidae. We use the grain-free for our dog. We spoil him by doing a combination of three formulas. I don’t have a great storage space for lots of food for the big, weight bags. So the four or five-pound bag works good for me, especially when I’m using three different kinds.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We suddenly adopted a dog and didn’t have much experience. Canidae was the pet food brand that my son was using, so I thought if it's good for his dog, it ought to be good for ours. I've purchased Canidae for a couple of years, and I've fed Life Stages to my female Pit Bull. It was decent food for the dog. The dog liked it okay and seemed healthy enough with it.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your support William. We are glad that CANIDAE has been good for your girl. If there are any questions please feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I liked how Canidae was reported in the reviews of how healthy it was and I've had Canidae for my dog for 15 years. We had several Chinooks, which are huge sled dogs that look like golden German Shepherd. Also, we've always had Westies and a German Shepherd and now, we have a Westie and a Flat-coat. I use the All Life Stages Premium since my dogs are now nine and eleven and they’re getting older. It seems to work the best. They’re not as active as they used to be but they look and act great. The vets always rant about how healthy they are and they have always told me that Canidae was a great product. We've had such good luck that we would never change unless Canidae changes their product and cheapens it up. I have recommended it many times.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Thank you for your many years of support Elaine. We appreciate you and your dogs and thank you for taking the time to leave your rating and review. We are so glad that CANIDAE has been so good for your dogs for 15 years. Thanks again!

If you ever have any questions please contact us.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I've been purchasing Canidae for my two chocolate Labs for about three and a half years now. When we got our dogs, that's what the breeder had set them and we just never switched them off of it. We've had pretty good luck with it and haven't had any problems aside from getting kinda tired of it.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your support. We are happy to hear you are happy with the CANIDAE your breeder recommended. We also have other formulas available. If interested please contact us and we will be happy to assist you in choosing another formula for your Labs to try. Thanks again!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I was looking for a grain-free type of product and Canidae was initially a recommendation from our veterinarian. I've been purchasing Canidae for 5 years now and we’re feeding them to our 2 dogs that are both mixed breed. We get the Platinum formula, which is for older dogs, and it’s less fattening. It’s not as much as they were natural as to where one does organic products, but we wanna eliminate the extra grains in our dogs' food. Hopefully, Canidae provides good nutrition. I’m satisfied and it's been a positive experience.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Thank you Steven! We are glad that you are satisfied with CANIDAE and we appreciate you and your dogs support. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We were using Eukanuba, but Eukanuba had a recall. We decided to try and change. My husband's a research scientist and he did an exhaustive research about foods and contents. We went with Canidae and I love the food. We have six Great Danes and I'm feeding the grain free Pure Sky to the boy. And on the girls, right now, they're on Life Stages, the orange bag.

One thing I am disappointed about Canidae though is they had a large breed puppy food, which was fantastic. And we raised one whole litter on it. And then they quit making it. I want healthy ingredients that are good nutrition. I'm not averse to supplementing and putting vitamins or whatever else that I need to, but good healthy food is what I'm looking for. And Great Danes are really touchy as puppies and you gotta be very careful about not overdoing the protein, the calcium, and any of that stuff. And I recommend to all my puppy owners to put them on Canidae.

I am concerned about the thing that's going off right now about what's causing the heart problems with dog foods. Some people are pointing their finger at grain-free, and yet it's not really proven one way or the other. Canidae has not been in the list of foods to watch out for. But if Canidae can give any feedback on that, I'd appreciate it. Our experience with them has been extremely good because every time we've had a concern, we'd call them. My husband has called them, and they've gotten him to a person who's knowledgeable. And if they don't know the answer to the question he's asking, and he can ask them pretty penetrating questions, they've gotten back to him.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you Barbara for your support and for taking the time to leave such a nice review and rating. We greatly appreciate you and your dogs and have enjoyed helping you over the years. We do now have a Life Stages Large breed formula for puppies, adults and seniors.

We understand your concerns, rest assured that the health of your pets (and our own) is our highest priority. The FDA is investigating a possible link between diet and canine heart disease which may be caused by a lack of taurine. Our products are formulated by a board certified veterinarian, and real meat or meat meal is the first ingredient in EVERY formula, which provides naturally occurring taurine. As with all important decisions regarding your pet, we advise doing your own research. Here is a helpful link to an article from the FDA to help you make your decision: https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/ResourcesforYou/AnimalHealthLiteracy/ucm616279.htm

If you prefer to feed your pet a diet with healthy grains, we recommend checking out our All Life Stages formulas or if you are looking for a formula without potatoes and peas take a look at our Under The Sun Original Formula.

We can be reached at 800-398-1600 ext 0 or support@canidae.com with any questions and Barbara we will send you an email with this info as well. Thank you again!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 1, 2019

Our vet had recommended Canidae. We used it for our dogs for six years. Both of our dogs had awesome coat and we were really happy with it. However, our lab developed cardiomyopathy. And there can be a link with potatoes and peas, which were ingredients in Canidae. So, we stopped feeding it, and he's actually gotten better. Canidae was a good dog food but with that issue.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your many years of support. We are sorry to hear of your dogs condition. Rest assured that the health of your pets (and our own) is our highest priority. The FDA is investigating a possible link between diet and canine heart disease which may be caused by a lack of taurine. Our products are formulated by a board certified veterinarian, and real meat or meat meal is the first ingredient in EVERY formula, which provides naturally occurring taurine. As with all important decisions regarding your pet, we advise doing your own research. Here is a helpful link to an article from the FDA to help you make your decision: https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/ResourcesforYou/AnimalHealthLiteracy/ucm616279.htm

Original review: April 30, 2019

I used to feed my dogs Purina. Before I got my Pit bull, I had a Rottweiler-Shepherd and she handled any type of kibble. When I got my Pit Bull, my breeder told me, he said, “So, that’s like giving your kid Cheetos every day. Don’t do it.” I had never realized before that how bad it was for them. The breeder said my dog had tummy issues. He couldn’t eat certain foods, and Canidae was the food that agreed with him. So we kept him on it and I've been using it for about 13 years. That dog passed a couple of years ago and now I have another dog that's a Pit Bull and she's also on Canidae. The food is awesome for the dog's coat and with it they're so shiny and pretty.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We have been feeding our black Lab the grain free salmon and mackerel canned food for many years. My dog seems to still enjoy the food despite the fact that the can's note it is a "new formula". I'm curious as to what has changed? I did notice that every drop of moisture seems to have been removed resulting in the texture being extremely dry.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you For your support Eleanor. The main change is the removal of carrageenan, guar gum and cassia gum and replacing them with thickener, agar-agar. The same protein remains the first ingredient as do many of the other ingredients! Please contact us for any additional questions.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I've got 2 Labs and we started with Canidae based on recommendation. Canidae is a little expensive but it has been doing great. We have been ordering it for 10 years now.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Yay! We are so happy to hear that your pups are loving Canidae! If you have any other questions or if we can be of any other assistance to you, feel free to let us know. Thank you again and have a great day.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I’ve been buying Canidae for ten years. I researched a lot and at the time I started with Canidae, it was one of the healthier foods. It’s very important to feed your pet natural ingredients. I have a Boxer Lab mix and I bought the All Life Stages for her. It seemed like the right thing at the time I got it.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Lisa! We are so happy to hear that you and your pup are loving our All Life Stages formula :) If you have any other questions or if we can be of any other assistance to you, feel free to let us know. Thank you again and have a great day.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I've been using Canidae on and off for 10 years. I have two French mastiffs, a Black Mouth Cur Border Collie mix and a cat. They eat Canidae most of the time. I like the Pure line that they have. Canidae has a few of them that don’t have a lot of peas in it and it’s mainly a meat protein instead of a grain protein or pea protein. My pets really like the Pure Wild Boar or the Bison. Canidae is right where they need to be especially with where the price point is. I love their new packaging. I really like the company.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have been purchasing Canidae food for my pet for about four years now. I usually purchase the lamb and rice formulation and my pet seems to like it better. It is all he eats! Feeding my pet natural ingredients is important. He is a Great Dane and it could be a lot of medical bills.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Kim! We are so so happy to hear that your pup is loving our food! We are also supper happy that you are loving Canidae as well. If you have any other questions or if we can be of any other assistance to you, feel free to let us know. Thank you again and have a great day.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I’ve been purchasing Canidae for two years now. Somebody told me that it was low yeast. I have a little Chihuahua who is very prone to seborrheic dermatitis and they say it would help tremendously. I get the grayish bag, Grain-Free PURE Senior Real Chicken, Sweet Potato & Garbanzo Bean and my pet likes them. It definitely helps with her allergies and itching.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hello Addy! Thank you for your support and kind review! We are so happy that since feeding our formula, your pup is feeling much better! If you have any other questions or if we can be of any other assistance to you, feel free to let us know. Thank you again and have a great day.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I work for a boutique pet retail establishment and I've used Canidae for my dogs for as long as I worked there, about seven years. I've been given free bags, and my pets seem to like it. When we need treats at the house we're a big fan of their grain-free biscuits. As someone that sells their food at the store we’re at, we don't specifically get paid to promote one brand over another. What's good for one dog is not good for another. So sometimes Canidae is right for that dog that's in front of me, and sometimes it's not but in general the ingredients and everything are great. Their packaging changed a whole lot. Probably not the best for the consumers that the packaging always changes. But it's nice and bright and from a marketing standpoint not too bad.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Thank you Brian! We appreciate your support and recommending of CANIDAE to your customers. If you ever have any questions for you or any customers please feel free to reach out to us as we are more than happy to assist you in choosing the right formula for their pets. We can be reached via phone or email.

Thanks again!

Original review: April 24, 2019

My pet has been on Canidae for a long time and eats it really well. I feed him the chicken and rice meal and he's very content. He eats a lot because he's getting old. He's about 10 years old. His bowel movement is great and he's getting along just fine on it. I would recommend it.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you Betty for your many ears of support. We really appreciate you and your dog and thank you for taking the time to leave your rating and your review and for your recommendations. We can be reached via phone or email for any questions. Thanks again!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have been purchasing Canidae food for my pet for more than eight years. It started when my dog ended up having hepatitis, although she just passed away. My dog got itchiness and ear infections, but all those went away by using the dog food that was better. So, I think it was an allergen in the other food that I gave her. The grain-free was great. I also give Canidae to my other dog. He is a Bulldog-Pit mix and he’ll be seven in May. He is an 85-pound lapdog. I purchase the 44-pound All Stages bag and I’m happy with that. Feeding my pet natural ingredients is really valuable and it is worth it. Their health improves with a better-quality food.

However, I had a bag of the All Stages and I was finding pieces of food that wasn’t cooked quite in or it wasn’t quite mixed in correctly. It was something I have never seen before. I sent in a sample and took pictures of the bag. The pieces looked like they expanded during the process of cooking and there were odd-looking things in there. I called Canidae and I talked to a girl and she helped me out. She got me a free bag. I’ve never had that happen before, but they took really good care of me when that happened. I like the Frequent Buyer Program, too. It was nice when I got the last UPC code to get a free bag. It saves me a lot of money that way.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hello Laura! Thank you for your kind and honest review. We are so sorry to hear about your pup and we send our condolences. We are happy to hear that your pups were happy and healthy while feeding our food. If you have any other questions or if we can be of any other assistance to you, feel free to let us know. Thank you again and have a great day.

Original review: April 23, 2019

The dogs seem to like Canidae food. We've been using it for about two years now and I choose the one brand of fish-salmon flavor because of the hypoallergenic dog that we have. It seems to work. He doesn't itch anymore. However, the place that I buy it from doesn't keep that flavor in stock. I talked to the store manager several times. They said, "we can get it once it's available." So I just go buy it at a bigger place.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been purchasing Canidae Pet Foods for our dogs since 2001. We had a Lab for years, and now we have an English Shepherd that is like a Border Collie. Our dogs have always liked it. We always do the regular, the multi-breeds, adult, multi-protein. And we used to feed our cats Felidae as well, and they liked that. We appreciate the fact that it’s made out of good stuff. One time in 2003, I won a scratch-off contest in one of the bags, and I got a year’s worth of dog food for free. I really had a good experience dealing with Canidae.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your kind words Kevin! It's always a pleasure to hear from our loyal consumers regarding their success stories. We hope your English Shepherd continues to thrive on the All Life Stages Multi Protein formula.

All our best to you and your dog!

Canidae Pet Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Canidae is a premium dog food company, offering a variety of flavors and types of food to dogs throughout the United States.

• Grain-free foods: If your dog has a grain allergy or you would prefer to give him a natural diet, you can purchase grain-free foods here.

• Fresh meat and vegetables: These foods contain a blend of meat and vegetables providing your dog with optimal health.

• Made for pets in all stages of life: From puppy to senior, you'll be able to provide your dog with the nutrition he needs.

• Variety of flavors: Canidae offers unique flavors such as duck and bison as well as standard sources of protein like chicken or lamb.

• Quality control measures: All products go through rigorous quality control assessments such as testing ingredients before using them, testing the quality throughout the food preparation process and doing safety checks prior to releasing the food for sale.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Canidae Pet Foods Company Information