Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for your review! We love to hear you have been apart of our family for 8 years!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2014

I have had my 3 dogs on Canidae dog food for 8 years now and I could not be happier with the food. I use to feed a food that I was told was very good and all my dogs were at the vet every couple months with scratching and sometimes hot spots. When I went to a dog event, I was talking with a retail store that had a booth and they mentioned some ingredient issues that may be causing the issues I was see with my dogs. They gave me samples and I didn't think much about it until my next costly vet visit. I switched foods and 2 dogs did get very loose stools but the store recommended to try some pumpkin. It worked great and they got over the loose stools in a couple of weeks. Now I do a vet visit every couple of years and everything is going great. I am sure my vet misses the visits but I do not. I recommend this food all the time and I have not had anyone complain after they switch. If they notice a loose stool I tell them to try pumpkin and it seems to work well.

We used to use Natural Selection, but my older dog started reacting to meat and my younger dog is allergic to meat, grain and all kinds of stuff. The younger dog's belly would get hives and her eyes would be all red. However, we heard that fish, grain-free food was good for dogs with allergies. And so, we decided to purchase Canidae. We find feeding our pet natural ingredients to be really valuable. Since switching her food to Canidae, we haven't had those problems. Everything has been great and beneficial, and I tell everybody about Canidae.

I've been purchasing Canidae food for my pet for about six years now. We stated our dogs, even the older ones, on All Life Stages, and then we kept them on that. It's valuable to feed my dogs with food having natural ingredients. So I'd recommend Canidae.

I've been purchasing Canidae for my pets for nine years because of the quality of the dog food. We have two dogs, Skylar and Beauford. One is a Husky - German Shepherd mix and the other is a Lab - Pitbull mix. They're going on nine, so we started them on Canidae. We purchased Life Stages because it works on puppies and then all the way up as they age. We'll change to Senior once they get to that age. It's important to feed my pets with natural ingredients. Their joints are a lot healthier from eating Canidae food. That was also one of the reasons why we chose that brand. It has one of the joint boosters as an ingredient. Overall, they've got great food that keeps the dogs healthy.

I have been buying Canidae for my service dog for about 6 years now. He's very active and loves the food. He's a Golden Retriever and was young when I put him on Canidae. He seems to enjoy it so I just didn't wanna change it. Also, I like the nutritional listing on it and that it's grain-free. It's important to feed him nutritious food and Canidae is a very good food.

I've been purchasing Canidae natural pet food for my dog for 10 years. I had two dogs who had allergies and that food seemed to agree with them the best. I've purchased Life Stages because of the less protein in it for older dogs. Our dog keeps it down and seems to be doing okay so I like the pet food a lot. However, it's not available in all places and I have to go to a grain and feeds store a few miles away from my house so maybe I should look online to see if there’s any other sources that I could buy locally. The Canidae food is very expensive too and higher than the other brands out there. Other than that, it’s a very reliable and good product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canidae Pet Foods?

I've been using Canidae with all our six dogs for many years. We had a Lab but had to put him down after 13 years, have two Wiener dogs, a Corgi, an English Setter and a Schnauzer. They're all rescue dogs. Once I switched my dogs over to Canidae, they weren't as allergic and the Corgi and the Wiener dogs weren't chewing their paws as much. Feeding my dogs natural ingredients is worth the price. They changed their packaging back to where the lid doesn't flip up anymore. For a time, I could open and then close it back up though it doesn't really matter to me because I put all in a big container anyway to keep the bugs out of it.

I bought Canidae because our work dogs use it and I figured that if they use it, then, I would, too and I definitely bought good food for a reason. We've been buying from them for maybe 10 years and I've had three dogs, Boxers and Bull Mastiff, that we feed Canidae to the whole time. It's been good and I'd recommend them.

I have two Boxers, one is seven years and the other one is four. I have been feeding them Canidae for more than three years and it's been good for them. I have tried other stuff before and it didn't work out so well. Canidae has the natural ingredients that is very valuable to me, and on top of that, it helps them with their digestion. The food itself is good, though the price is not that good.

I've been purchasing Canidae for three years. It's a good dog food and the reps were local boys from Cal Poly so I chose to purchase from them. I have three pit bulls and feeding them has been excellent. I used to use the Sea formula, which was a seller, for one of my Labs. I also use the All Age, which is for all of my dogs.

I’ve been purchasing Canidae Pet Foods for 10 plus years now. I have an older dog that we recently had blood work done and they said that she’s really healthy for her age. I can only assume it’s partly because of her diet. Thus, I have recommended them to others.

The vet had recommended Canidae, and it was on sale frequently so I would buy two of their big bags. It helped my dog a lot in her elderly years. She was having some digestion problems so it helped her have less diarrhea.

I've been using Canidae for seven years and it is really good. I don’t use anything else for my dogs other than that. Feeding them natural ingredients is very valuable, and has definitely contributed to their health.

We have used your dog food for many years with no problem however on our last bag we found appx. half cup of foreign matter which looks like chips of the bag material throughout the contents. Our dog got some pieces stuck in her pallet and we had to physically remove it by hand. Our pet store suggested we phone you however after leaving two messages we got no response. The food was Life Stages Platinum and the number on the bag was CCP0603MA11B 204421 (A 30 LB BAG). I WOULD APPRECIATE A REPLY AND ACTION TAKEN.

I’ve been feeding my dogs Canidae for years and I love the food. I had a chocolate Lab that lasted 10 years and was on Canidae for at least six. I got another chocolate Lab and a yellow Lab and they’re both been on it too. My yellow’s been on it ever since she was a pup and she’s now nine. Giving my Labs natural food is very valuable because I don’t want to give them Pedigree junk food. They are part of my family so I want them to have as long a life as much as possible. I tell everybody that I know that have animals, especially people with Labs, that they should feed their dogs Canidae. I’ve had several friends that were feeding their Labs junk food and they switched to Canidae and noticed immediately a big difference in their animals.

My dogs like Canidae and it has been a pretty good dog food. They eat it up and it has plenty of nutrition. I don’t have to feed them a lot to get what they need. I’d recommend Canidae as long as they keep the product good.

Canidae is a great product. We're very happy with it. We have both of our dogs on it. No desire to change.

I had two dogs that couldn’t even walk and I was poisoning them with another dog food. I switched to Canidae and one dog lasted five more years while the other one lasted three. I have three other dogs and I’ve been using Canidae for about nine years now. However, Canidae sold their company to a giant dog food company and I'm looking into whether they're going to stay at the factory that Canidae built and still make the same good dog food.

I work in a feed store in Ventura, so I'm educated on feeding my pets with natural ingredients and I like the idea of having grain-free food and ingredients I can read. That's why my Siberian Huskies have been on Canidae pet food their whole lives. We've been purchasing it for four years and I talk to the Canidae guys in El Rio all the time.

We love Canidae Pet Foods. We switched to it right after we got our dog four years ago. We live in a very small town which is about an hour to any real pet stores. We have a local lady who opened up a shop and she carried it. It’s the one that she recommends very highly to everybody who goes there. She only carries a select few and Canidae was one of them so we purchased one. Since then, our dog always had a really shiny coat. He doesn’t get sick. In fact, I got other people on it, too. Our old roommate got a puppy and it was nice because we had the All Ages, so we didn’t have to go out and buy separate food. It’s convenient to have and we don’t see that in a lot of dog food.

My pets are my kids, so it's at the top of my list that I feed them natural ingredients. That's why I've been buying them Canidae for about four years already. I have two weenie dogs, and I've been babysitting my dad's Border Collie, who's now also on Canidae. The lady that I buy it from at Ladida in Washington told me that the Life Stages would be a good bag so I didn't have to get a bag for each breed or each age group, and that it was a good all-around, so I didn't have to bring home five different bags of dog food. I took her advice as she seems to know her product and has a lot of fur animals like I do. My dogs are all pretty healthy, so I've already recommended it to my family. It's peace of mind knowing that I'm doing well for my animals. I just know it's a good product and it's convenient.

We've been purchasing Canidae pet food for at least 11 years, and it's the only one that we use now. Our oldest dog is 11 years old. We have three dogs -- a half-Shepherd and half-Rottweiler, a black Lab, and a half-Cocker Spaniel and half-Wiener. My friend who works for Canidae was the one who told me about them. I used Canidae for a while before and then we went cheap. But after we used a couple of bags of something else, our dogs' skin was affected. We took the dogs to our vet and she asked if we switched food, and I said, "Yeah, we switched from Canidae." She said, "Okay. Well, go back." So, ever since then, our dogs eat nothing but Canidae.

Feeding our pets natural ingredients is absolutely important for their well-being, their skin, and even their energy levels. It keeps them healthy. We switched from the regular Canidae, to regular food, then to the Senior. We switched to Canidae Overweight for our smaller dog that was getting a little too chubby and it actually helped the dog lose a little bit of weight and our dogs love it just as much.

I have two dogs-- a golden retriever, and a yellow lab. I was visiting the Coast and walked into a doggie bakery and they had two labs there that had the most gorgeous coats in the world. I said, “Oh, my gosh you must have just given them a bath.” The lady said, “No, I haven’t. But this is what I feed them.” And she gave me a sample of All Stages and I was hooked ever since. My dogs were younger then but now I pushed over to the platinum because my dogs are getting older. Since using Canidae, I get comments all the time about how silky and good looking they are. They should keep making the product, so I can keep buying it.

I switched my dogs to Canidae about a year ago. I spoke to one of their representatives at Petco and he told me about the list of ingredients that they had. As Shar Peis, my dogs reacted very well to the Boar brand. The oldest one is a senior dog, about 12 years old. Then I have a set of puppies that just turned 7 months, and their mom is about 2 years old. The puppies are eating the puppy food, and they love the chicken flavor. Then the oldest one is eating the boar flavor. They have really good coats, which are at their shiniest and look amazing.

In addition, I enjoy the little treats, the Salmon Treats, that break in half. They're amazing, especially for the puppies, since I'm training them to sit and stay, and teaching them different types of things to listen to. That helps a lot. They also like the canned food. I always recommend this brand to people who have issues with their dog's skin. I'm extremely satisfied with Canidae products and, as of now, I would never switch to any other product.

Bogey is going to be 9 years old in March and I have fed him Canidae since he was a puppy. I also have a puppy who is 10 months old and I have just converted all of his puppy food. He is now on adult Canidae as well. I absolutely love their "Buy 12, Get a bag free" program and buy that since I'm 62 years old. It's awesome because it's a way for me to be able to feed the dogs quality food and then know that I'm paying myself back a little bit when I get free bags. Every time I talk to the breeder or the vet and any kind of thing comes up about food, and I say, "They're eating Canidae," and there's always a positive feedback.

My mom has been using Canidae for a while and she recommended it so I decided to try it for my 2 German Shepherds. My other dog food was also a little bit more expensive. I did look at the ingredients and the reviews on Canidae, and everything was good. My dogs seem to like it a lot and I think I'm gonna stick with it.

When we first got the dog, I was feeding him unnamed brand dog food at the store. He was sick so my vet recommended Canidae. Canidae is quality food and it made him feel better. I never changed it since. My dog seems healthy.

We were told Canidae was the best kind for our breed of dog, especially since he had so many allergies. He's a blue nose Pit and he'll be two years old. We first started off with the puppy version of Life Stages and we went with the different kinds Canidae had too. But our dog really gravitated towards Life Stages so we stuck with that one. We've been purchasing Canidae for about two years now and it has helped his coat because he was really dried up. Also, he isn't so blotchy anymore and has more energy. Our experience with Canidae has been really well and everything that we wanted out of it for our dog, we got. He loves Canidae too and it's even worth the price. We tell everybody about it.

I've used Canidae for my puppy since she was born. I got a sample of it and my pit bull did well and had no allergies when eating it. It's been a great experience. I've tried other brands but she seems to always react to them. Canidae is a great product, so we'll continue to purchase it.

Feeding my pet natural ingredients is valuable. I've been purchasing Canidae for eight years and my veterinarian recommended them for my cocker spaniel.

I've been my boyfriend of 6 years, we both had put down 3 dogs last 6 years. His oldest mic mic had thyroid problems so his coat was very dry, not soft and cuddly. We switched to Canidae Brand. We notice how mic mic who was 5 yrs old when I meet Him. My Mic Mic now RIP on Halloween. His fur coat came back beautiful. Soft like Retriever fur. Now we have puppy her name is Marley. She is 4 1/2 months and she a Labrador and she eats the puppy brand. Her coat is beautiful color blond mixture of white and muddy blond. Her coat is soft smooth. They love the food. Thank you. It's really most trusted Brand!!

Canidae Pet Foods Company Profile