4.76/5
  • 1 star
Based on 194 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CANIDAE is pet food made by pet people. We use the same ingredients we want for our own pets to make our foods. From working hard to form relationships with the farmers and ranchers that supply ingredients, to opening our own farm to grow ingredients and our own facility to cook the food—we’re dedicated to providing the best nutrition possible for the beloved dogs and cats that enrich our lives in so many ways. Sensitivities, picky dogs, multi-pet households, or healthy food on a budget, CANIDAE has your solution!

Canidae Pet Foods Video
Canidae Pet Foods Gallery (6)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 8, 2018

1368 Canidae Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I've been buying Canidae for six years. I have two dogs, and one of them has a really sensitive stomach so I needed something a little bit better for him. They do really well on Canidae, otherwise I would have switched.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your review Vickie! We are very pleased to hear how well CANIDAE has been for your dog with the sensitive stomach. We appreciate you and your dogs and thank you for your many years of support.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I have poodles and they’re both girls. One is eight and the other one is six. My pets have allergies so I chose Life Stages for them because of its ingredients. Canidae has the natural limited ingredients and I find it better than others. I went to a place called Pet Club and they recommended to me to try that food. I've been giving my pet this food for a half year right now and for the portion my pets get, Canidae contributes to their health. I’m satisfied with them for now. But I noticed that there are ingredients in the food I get, like the chemicals that are used to keep the food together, that are not good for them. So I'm currently looking to change out.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that your girls have done so well with CANIDAE. We never use chemicals, artificial colors or dyes in manufacturing our products. I have sent you an email as well to go over the ingredients and answer any questions you may have. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

My vet said that Canidae was the best brand for a large breed dog with a lifespan that’s shorter than normal. I have been purchasing Canidae food for my Great Dane as soon as she can gnaw up puppy food, and she's seven years old now. Out of nine puppies in the litter, there's only three of them that are still alive and she's one of them. I know it has something to do with that food. My Great Dane is lean and her hips and all her joints are in really good condition. She's never had a tear and her coat is in really good shape. It's like a human being-- if you eat well and you eat good food, you're going to be healthier. I also put my other two dogs on Canidae and they are not large breed dogs. So, they all eat the same food and everybody loves it.

My brother has a Mastiff, and I told him that he would be making a mistake if he did not put her on this dog food. Canidae is really expensive but I told him to do it if he could afford it. A bag is $55 or $60, and when you have a large breed and they're eating six or seven cups of food a day, it goes fast. And that's just one dog. Still, I'm a big fan of Canidae and I have recommended it.

Hi Cyndi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are so happy that she is doing so well and that her joints are in really good condition and that her coat is in really good shape. We appreciate you and your dogs. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I've been using Canidae for four years after having to switch from another food. We needed a different protein source because one of my dogs is allergic to chicken and lamb, and we liked the grain free. We feed five dogs with Canidae and they all are in really good health. We have an Akita Pointer mix, a Vizsla, a Pitbull French Mastiff mix, a Pitbull Border Collie, and a mixed breed but he looks like a German Short Hair Pointer. They are ten, eight, seven, five and three years old respectively.

I've dealt with their CS reps a couple of times and it's been excellent customer service. I've always dealt with the same girl, too, which is interesting. At one point, the kibble looked totally different and it didn't say on the package that it changed so I contacted them to find out. I asked if that was okay or if they put it in the wrong bag. She was really helpful and she also sent me coupons in another occasion. I suggest Canidae to all my friends and I know quite a few of them feed it.

Hi Lindsey,

Thank you for your many years of support and for your wonderful review. We appreciate your support, you sharing about CANIDAE with your friends and we appreciate you and your dogs. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I switched off of grocery store foods 30 years ago because I had a standard poodle that started having seizures. As soon as I switched to natural food, she stopped having seizures. Since then, I have used high-quality pet foods and for the past 5 to 10 years, I've been purchasing Canidae products. The pet store that I like recommended it. I have three dogs and I give them Life Stages. Two are boxer mixes, who are both 50 to 60 pounds. The senior is 15 and the other one, a rescue, is about eight. Then I have a rat terrier who is the youngest at five.

When Canidae changed to plastic bags from paper bags, the coupon for the free bag of dog food was put on the bottom. Since I use the empty dog food bags for cat litter removal, I couldn't bear to throw out a perfectly good plastic bag. But I also couldn't bear not to cut out the coupon. So I have to start training myself to open the bag from the bottom, which I would try to do but I have an aging memory. Other than that one grumble, my experience with Canidae has been excellent. It's worth the price and reduced my vet bills.

Hi Lisette,

Thank you for your many many years of support! We are very happy that your dogs have done so well with CANIDAE and 15 years! That is Amazing :) Thanks again for your support and for taking the time to leave a wonderful review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canidae Pet Foods?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have three greyhounds, Mia, Liberty, and Josie. One has problems with her stomach and Canidae's wet food works well for her. I have been purchasing from them for over a year now and we've always been pleased with their product. I got their product PURE since it has great ingredients. I'm choosing a good product that it will help with my dogs' health and longevity.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for taking the time to give your review. We are very happy to hear how well CANIDAE has done for your sensitive dog. Thanks again!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I've been breeding for over 10 years, and I’ve been using Canidae for at least eight years and I love it. I like the fact that Canidae offers a variety for the different ages of dogs. I have an age range of one that's almost a year, all the way to about nine. I feed it to my adult dogs and also the one puppy that I have that's almost a year. My Chihuahuas, Sadie and Boogie, are the ones that mainly eat Canidae. Also, Canidae provides samples and puppy packs. A lot of the people that have just purchased a puppy are very happy that I was using that because it’s what they were already using for their other dogs.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your many many years of support Heather. We appreciate you and your dogs and we thank you for referring your pups to our food as well. We really appreciate your support!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

My dogs love Canidae's lamb and rice. I've been using them for about six years. I have a Doberman and she just turned seven now. Since using the dog food, the coat of my Doberman has been pretty shiny and she's also pretty active. Even when I'm away, she stays active.

Hi Joey,

Thank you for your many many years of support and for taking the time to leave a review. We are very happy to hear how well CANIDAE has been for your sweet girl! Thanks again!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

If anyone has spent any time reading Rodney Habib's work on pet diets knows that what they eat has a considerable effect on their health and longevity. After losing our Labrador Retriever (Jade) at the age of 12, to cancer. We were determined to make some diet changes with our new dog Molly (also a Lab). We scoured the internet for a simple healthy dog food, that was grain free. She has primarily been eating the Pure Elements Lamb version, but we recently introduced her to the Bison based variant. Wow! The first time we gave her the Bison version I thought she was going to eat the bowl too.

The dog food makes up about half her diet. The other half is a kale mix (from Costco) with romaine lettuce and sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and some sort of fruit. Tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries and an obligatory ration of 4 croutons (she loves the crunch), with about a teaspoon of blue cheese dressing mixed in. She also does get some human food... basically a little of what we are eating for supper. She is particularly fond of any type of squash and whatever meat we are eating. It's been 4 1/2 years now and we are hoping this regimen will help her to maintain her good health until well past her sister's 12 years. Her Pure Elements food is the base which we have built her diet on. Wish us luck.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your support and for taking the time to leave a very nice review and pic of Molly. She is quite cute and love to hear how she loves her CANIDAE Grain Free PURE Land.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My friend gave me a Canidae coupon as a gift and so far, my dog likes the food and I find it very valuable to feed my dog with natural ingredients. He seemed to be losing weight, but maybe he's building muscle. He still has a half a bag to go, so I'm going to see how he does throughout this and decide if I'll continue purchasing Canidae.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Hi Dee. We are happy to hear that your dog is doing well on the food! Canidae offers a large variety of formulas, and we value finding the appropriate formula for your dog! If you are concerned about weight, we would be more than happy to discuss some options within our wonderful line of products. Thank you for taking the time to to rate and review Canidae. It is truly appreciated.

-Travis

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

When I first got my Miniature Dachshund, I was giving him something from the grocery store. I took him into a local independent pet store to have a Christmas photo taken and somehow, me and one of the clerks got to talking. She told me that what I was feeding my dog was not a good brand of dog food. She suggested Canidae so I went with it and I've been feeding it to him ever since. I have gotten several bags for free with their offer that when I buy 12, I get 1 bag free. Usually, a bag lasts a little over a month so I take advantage of that once a year for probably four times already.

Feeding my pet natural ingredients is something I prefer and I wouldn't want it any other way. My dog will be 14 next year and he's at a point now where he's got cataract. It's really bad and he can't see and hear very well. I have to carry him in and out all the time because he falls down our steps in the back. But when he was younger, he was really super active and then, I switched over to Life Stages because it seemed like we were starting to have a real weight problem. We got established on it and he pretty well maintained his weight.

I was in Florida for almost six months and I could find only one place down there that was convenient to get Canidae. And they never had the Life Stages down there. I always had to buy the Salmon flavor down there but my dog liked it and did well on it. Then a month ago, I gave him the chicken flavor and that gave him bad gas for some reason. So, I went back and got the one he was normally eating. I've got some chicken left but I just mix it in with the other little bit every once in a while and it doesn't seem to bother him too much.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Hello Diane. We are glad to hear you have been able to take advantage of our Frequent Buyer Program. It is an opportunity for us to show our appreciation of our loyal consumers. 14 years old?! That is an amazing accomplishment, and we are extremely happy to be apart of it! Although he is suffering from a cataract, it sounds like he is very well taken care of, and we want to send our love and appreciation for the care you give to your dog. If you ever have further troubles in locating our products, you may always visit our website and use our store locator tool to help find both local, and online retailers. Thank you for taking the time to rate and review Canidae, it is greatly appreciated!

-Travis

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Canidae offers decent food for a good price but still has the same problems with most kibble and not necessarily as good as human grade natural food without the poor protein additives that are not the poor sources such as peas and fillers that most kibble has.

Hi Mary Jane,

Thank you for your review. The nutritionally dense fresh meats and meals we use originate from USDA inspected meats processed in a human grade facility and our high quality grains, vegetables, and fruits are from human grade producers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. 1-800-398-1600 ext 0 Thank you again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

These days it's difficult to find something of quality that is also affordable. Canidae meets these requirements. My dogs have allergies & are fussy about their food. I did some research and found Canidae to be a high quality food at a reasonable price. Also, there have been no recalls in the last several years, plus the dogs like it! It is difficult to find in stores, so we purchase it online and make sure to keep it in stock.

Hi Cherylynne,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very happy to hear how well you dogs are doing with their CANIDAE. Thank you again!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I have a purebred blue nose pitbull and I got her when she was about 12 weeks old from the breeder. The breeder asked me if I have owned a Pitbull before and told me that these dogs have very sensitive skins and are very susceptible to food allergies. I started doing research and looking into raw food diets. I tried doing that for a little bit but that got expensive on a college budget. So, I kept looking for other options and then I found Grain Free. I started off with the Canidae All Life Stages then I switched over once Canidae came out with the Grain Free product. I’ve been giving my dog the elements, the pure and all those other subcategories of Grain Free products and that's all she's had. She's seven years old and everyone asks me how old she is that she looks like a puppy. I told them, "It's just the food and the exercise I give her."

My dog's a grazer and she doesn't sit there and eat a whole bowl of food. Canidae’s products are formulated exactly what it says on the label and it’s not bad. If you get the Bison and the sweet potato, it's Bison and sweet potatoes that there's no additive. I appreciate that because even if she eats one or two cups throughout the day, she's still an ideal weight at 59 pounds, which is not bad for an old dog. She also got some muscle on her. If you want to put the life of your canine companion, you want to feed them just as good as you feed yourself. As a matter of fact, she eats better than me because she eats bison, ducks and anything. I get her a different bag of PURE every month, just to change it up. She's not a real big wet food so I tried getting the PURE wet food cans as a topper but that's because she's been on kibble her whole life. It's been a wonderful experience over the six years I’ve been using Canidae.

It’s great that I see Canidae in Petcos, PetSmarts and everywhere now unlike when we moved in a six-month span that there was no Canidae in Petco so I went to a special boutique to buy food. But, Canidae should have a little more variety. There are five brands of PURE but other than that, my dog eats just fine. I bumped into someone at Walmart and I told him what I feed my dog. Then, I bumped into him a couple of days later and he told me he bought the food. I said, "Yup, you can give it to him from puppy all the way to old age. You won't ever have to change your food ever again."

Canidae Pet Foods response
Hi Edward! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your success story you have experienced with Canidae. Our food is available in a large variety of stores, including online retailers! At this time, our products are not sold in PetSmart, but they are indeed sold in Petco. We have been an Independent and Family-Owned company, since we began in 1996, and we take pride in supporting stores that have those same values! We are now growing our own ingredients at our Canidae Farms, as well as cooking our foods in our very own Ethos Pet Nutrition Facility. It sounds like you Pitbull is doing great, even in the later years! Thanks again for sharing, rating, and supporting Canidae!

-Travis

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

The dogs have always done well on the Canidae... I love that it is good for all stages of life... They have been on it for 10 plus years with some mix ins for variety...

Hi Lynette,

Thank you for your many many years of support. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a nice review. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My daughter works for Petco and recommended Canidae to us. She does some of the food merchandising for Petco so we trusted her judgment when she said it’s a good food. We’ve been buying it for our three dogs for two years now and we liked that it has limited ingredient without fillers. With Canidae, our nine-year-old dog seems pretty active and playful still while the two other younger ones have lots of energy. We will continue buying it and the store keeps it in stock so we’re happy with it.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Hi Shannon! 3 dogs! We are glad you were able to find a food that they can all eat, and have success with. We are proud of the fresh ingredients we use in all of our foods! We always have Pet's, and their parents, in mind when we formulate our products. The health and wellness of pets everywhere mean the world to us! We hope your 9 year old can enjoy more years to come, while having the fun with her younger pet companions. Thank you for taking the time to share and rate Canidae.

-Travis

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My daughter recommended Canidae and I've been buying them for 7 years for my two big rescue dogs. The ingredients are good and have any trouble with them eating since I got them to eat it. But the pet store I go to cuts the UPC code off then Canidae switched over to the new plastic-coded bags and they still want the UPC codes collected, which creates holes in the bags. I have to put a small piece of paper on it and cover it with tape, which is a pain. If they're going to do the program where they want the UPC code collected, they better find a different way to collect them. Their new bag sucks.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Hi Patricia! We are happy to hear that you are having success with your rescue dogs! 7 years sounds like an amazing accomplishment for them! As far as the Frequent Buyer Program, and the UPC's being removed from the bags upon purchase, we now support electronic based tracking for the rewards program. Both Astros and Zooz! Please contact your local retailer to see if they are currently participating in either of these wonderful programs. If you have any further questions, you can always call a Customer Service Representative at 1-800-398-1600. Thanks for the feedback, as well as the rating!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I've been feeding my six large and active dogs the big bag, Canidae All Life Stages for several years now. Excellent food, it is the only food I've tried for my now 10 year old husky that doesn't give him diarrhea. The dogs all love the taste, and I love the quality ingredients. The price is right, and with the breeder discount, it is even better. Thank you for offering this program and please keep it up! There is no better food in this category, and I will continue to recommend this to others looking for a quality dog food! Don't change anything, I am very happy with this product!

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Kiersten! Thank you for your praises! We are glad to hear you are having such success on our products! We truly apprecite the review, rating, and pictures! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have 2 dogs, one is a 2 year old German Shepherd and a 5 month Golden Retriever. I was feeding my 2 year old Blue Buffalo Chicken Wilderness, she was getting sick. She would have diarrhea or vomit. My 5 month pup is eating Canidae Grain free pure Chicken and he loves it with no problems. I immediately switched my 2 year old to Canidae free pure grain lamb. She loves it and she has got better without any problems. Their coat are soft and shiny. I recommend this food to any dog lover.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hello Ronald. It is amazing to hear that your dogs are responding to the food so well! We appreciate the support and recommendation, along with your review and rating. Have a wonderful day, and thank you for taking time to send us your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We have used Canidae in the past. We have many dogs and it got too expensive because I had to feed a lot more of it to keep the weight where I wanted it, especially on my Old English Sheepdog. Everybody else did fine on it. My Cattle Dog’s coat was shinier and I like that. I have a Dachshund and it stays fat on air. My little Pomeranian didn't like it as much but she likes the neutral lamb and that's her being finicky. Everybody else liked and gobbled Canidae down. But at the end of the day, it's just too much and I felt that there might be something a little bit cheaper and could get better results for my Old English Sheepdog.

I have a horse farm and my Sheepdog’s out with me doing chores. She's a bit more active dog so I needed to do something different with her. Everybody's usually trying to keep their pets trim but sometimes dogs need a little bit more fattening calories. We're using Nutro now and my little ones really like it. I'm happy with it and it comes in small bites so I don't have to buy them in different kinds. Nonetheless, Canidae is a good product. We don't use it anymore just because of my specific needs. Canidae offered what it said and shine, and I liked it.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Danyale. We are sorry to hear that you are no feeding longer Canidae, due to your needs. In regards to cost of the food, we do offer a Frequent Buyer Program to show our appreciation for the support of our consumers. It is a buy 12, get 1 free program! We truly appreciate the feedback, and we will be sure to take it into consideration for the future! If you are interested in looking into possible options within our Canidae products, that may better suit your needs, we are more than happy to assist you in that process! Thank you for taking the time to rate us, and give us feedback! Take care!

-Travis

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I've been using Canidae Pet Foods for four years and I like its nutritional content. I have a medium sized mutt and Canidae does not have the allergens that affect my dog. She's on the bison mix and she loves it. She just got diagnosed with lymphoma so we're trying to switch over to a higher protein content one. But she doesn't want to switch away even trying to switch it out slowly. I wish Canidae plans on pushing out a high protein formula.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Thomas! We're glad to hear your dog has been loving our food! It is very unfortunate to hear that your dog has been diagnosed with Lymphoma. As far as a high protein formula, we appreciate your feedback, and we will take it into consideration. If you would like to take a look at some of our other formulas, that may have the protein amounts you are looking for, we will be more than happy to look into some possible options! Feel free to give us a call at 1-800-398-1600! Thanks for taking time to give us feedback, and a rating! Take care!

-Travis

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have two Labradors. Remington is 10 years old and Drake is five. They're both males. When I started to purchase Canidae, my Drake was a puppy and it said it's for all stages so I figured I could give it to my older dog and him as a puppy. It's very valuable. I was having problems with hot spots and my dog was not tolerating all the food well. A lady in my neighborhood who is a nutritionist said that Canidae was the healthiest and had the best stuff. So, I've been using it ever since and there were no more hot spots. My dogs have been better. However, it's expensive. I pay $56 for a 44-pound bag. I could pick up the same bag for a different brand for $20 at Costco. Also, I can only get Canidae in certain stores so it's very inconvenient.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Leopold. We are sorry to hear you are having some troubles finding our food. If you would like to a list of our retailers, both online, as well as local pet/feed stores, you may visit our website and use our store locator tool! We also offer our Frequent Buyer Program, to show our appreciation of your support in choosing Canidae! It is a buy 12, get 1 free program with proof of purchase from your bags! For more information you can give our Customer Service Department a call at 1-800-398-1600 and they will be more than happy to give you more information! We are happy to hear that the All Life Stages is working well for both of your dogs, and we hope to see another 10 years for both of your Labs! Take care!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My dogs have more energy and they don't just lay around anymore. Their coats are shiny and I can feed all my dogs who are at different stages the same food. It is a multi stage food.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Rosie. We are glad to hear you are having such a success with Canidae! Our All Life Stages are formulated with multi-pet families in mind; meeting the needs of different breed, ages, and sizes of dogs. Thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The breeder where we got our Yorkshire Terrier from was using Canidae so we just stayed with it. She's 9 years old now and has been a very healthy dog. The cost of the pet food is fine. I pay for it since she likes it and eats it. We buy the small bag since she's a small dog. It's funny that it takes her years for her to eat. I could go through a five-pound bag forever. The place where we buy the pet food gives the 13th bag for free if people buy 12 bags. We just recently got the free bag and she definitely eats more now. Overall, Canidae is excellent.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Deborah! 9 years is amazing! We are glad to hear you've had such a success with out products. We appreciate the feedback, as well as the rating. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Frequent Buyer Program; it is a way for us to show our appreciation. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Canidae Life Stages was recommended to us by the owner of the pet food store that we go to and my two lab mixes have been eating it for 10 years. It’s been fine and done well for them.

Canidae Pet Foods response

That is wonderful Casey! We are glad to hear that you have had such a great success with Canidae! 10 Years! We would love to see your labs, if you have any pictures. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback, as well as a rating, thanks for sharing!

-Travis F.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I've been buying the Life Stages by Canidae for about 3 years and it's the only thing I buy because sometimes, changing up the dog food, even if it's the same brand, will cause rashes. I like that with the food, my dog produces solid waste so it's easy to pick up. I have a Yorkie Terrier and she's happy with the food. She knows when it's her feeding time and she's excited about it so that lets me know that she likes the food I'm giving her. They recently changed their label and the bagging which was cool. However, it was a little confusing at first. For the first couple of minutes, I didn't know if I was getting the same type of food that I usually get but it's an easy fix. It's the same bag but with a different color. I usually would buy the small bags but I realize that if I buy the bigger bags, I buy less frequently at the pet store. That makes it easier because they don't sell it everywhere else, only at a few places in particular.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Hi Jose! Thank you for your continued support of Canidae! It is great to hear your Yorkie is experiencing overall health and wellness. Sounds like she is loving the food, and it is wonderful that you have found a food that satisfies her hunger, while meeting your expectations and satisfaction. We are sorry you experienced some confusion with our new bag designs. The bags have indeed changed, however we have kept our same great formulations and ingredients! The product you are still receiving is the same great product you have been buying for 3 years. Thank you for taking the time to share, and rate our company! We truly appreciate it.

-Travis

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I needed grain-free food for my dog and Canidae seemed like a good option. It's also reasonably priced so I have everything I needed. My dog is an eight-year-old Shepherd mix. He has a really bad skin and I was looking for anything to help get the allergies under control. While Canidae didn’t solve the problem, it made things a little bit easier for him. It hasn’t made it worse and he’s thriving otherwise on it. So, I’m happy to keep him on it and I've been purchasing Canidae for five years now. I have also recommended it to my brother’s pet and its littermates. They’re on the same food and they like it a lot.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Hi Gina! Thanks for the rating and the feedback! We are sorry to hear that you are not finding satisfaction in the skin issues your dog is experiencing. Canidae offers a wide variety of formulas, that will target and assist in issues such as skin and coat. We would be happy to assist in finding a formula that may provide better results! We always strive to provide the highest quality food for pets. If you would like to further discuss some of these options, as well as obtain further information, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-398-1600. Thanks!

-Travis

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Canidae was recommended by the sales rep at the store where I shop and I’ve been happy with it. I have a mini poodle and he’s been consistently 10 pounds for the duration that I’ve been feeding him this food. He also has minimal skin issues that I heard can be caused by food products. He's 11 and Canidae's Life Stages was recommended for his age. I like the food and that’s the only thing I feed my dog for the last six years. I also participate in their program and get a free bag every 12 months.

Canidae Pet Foods response
Hi Nancy! It's wonderful to hear that your dog has been so successful with Canidae! 11 years old?! It sounds like he is doing well, and we hope that his success continues, so he can have many more years to come! We are glad that you have been able to take advantage of our Frequent Buyer Program! It is just one way we show our appreciation to our consumers, for their support of our products! Thank you for taking the time to share, as well as giving us a wonderful rating!

-Travis

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My grandson’s 8-year-old mixed breed dog, Sam, had gained up from 79 pounds to 120 pounds and it was beginning to affect his pancreas. A veterinarian suggested that he get a different dog food to keep his weight down, so we went with Canidae Platinum that’s supposed to help maintain his weight and he’s lost down now to 89 pounds. We've been buying Canidae pet food going into the third year now.

Canidae Pet Foods response

WOW! Jean this is GREAT! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We would love to see him. I will contact you to check if you have one to send. This is so wonderful for him and for others who may be looking for a food for the same thing for their dog.Thank you again for your great review and rating too :)

Beth G.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have two dogs. One is a giant breed, one is a toy dog and both of them are approximately two years old. We could feed them both the same thing that’s why I bought Canidae. I’ve been using it for two years now since it was recommended and they also sell a product that’s for all life stages, all breeds of dogs, all sizes for dogs, which is unique. Just like a lot of dog foods, though, I got a couple of bad bags. This happened about three times in two years. But other than that, everything is great. They’re a great company.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your support and for taking the time to leave your review. We are very happy your dogs are doing well with the ALS Multi protein formula. We are very sorry to hear you have had some bags that were not to your satisfaction. Please contact us anytime you have any concerns and we will be happy to assist you. Thanks again!

Canidae Pet Foods Company Information

www.canidae.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use