It's that easy Request Information
4.02/5
Based on 620 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

782 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 25, 2018

I love the variety of flavors and the beautiful coats and bright eyes; plus the joyfulness of being really healthy cats and dogs. They are so soft and silky and I just love to stroke them, which is a health benefit for us humans. I am so glad that I found this brand and recommend it to all my friends. Many of my friends ask how I get them so soft and shiny and I tell them "Taste of the Wild" is the best. They seem to be so much happier since I changed brands. Thank you so much!!!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We were using Loyall brand before and it was kind of hard to get a hold of. We live close to L.A. Hearne where they have Taste of the Wild and it seemed to be a decent food, so we started buying it for our dogs. We've been giving it to them for at least six months now and they seem to like it. We have registered black labs which are one and 10 years old, and we give them the Wetlands Canine. It's a gray bag at the bottom and it's roasted fowl. Since we started giving it to them, they have endless energy and everything has been pretty normal. We would recommend Taste of the Wild.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Taste of the Wild is a great food for rotational feeding! Several different grain free recipes that make it easy to rotate flavor to flavor each month. Excellent quality and great price. They even recently added a frequent buyer program! Shop local and buy it at an independent pet store.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I've been feeding my cats Taste of the Wild for four years now and they like it a lot.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We have two highly active ranch dogs 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old really seem to enjoy and be thriving on Taste of the Wild dry dog food brand. We also have an two and one year old killers as working cats that thoroughly seem to enjoy eating any of the varieties of flavors of the canned wet food by Taste of the Wild cat foods. Also, our two kitties seem to enjoy the various flavors of the dry foods offered by Taste of the Wild.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: June 21, 2018

My dogs like Taste of The Wild. I’ve been using it for the Husky for nine years. Then my other dog whom I got at 12 was on wet food. I’ve had her for a couple of years and we switched her food to Taste of the wild as well. I have two healthy dogs and I’m happy. My dogs don’t stick with one, so I give them a variety. I use the boar, the salmon, as well as the blues, the lavender, the yellow, and the red. I’m a big proponent of Taste of the Wild and I’ve tried to get people to switch to it.

Original review: June 20, 2018

My Australian Sheppard lived to be 15 yrs old. I fed her Taste of the Wild for the latter part of 10 yrs. She had a beautiful coat, no health issues and lots of energy. I feed my cats taste of the wild also and they are in good health and have a shiny coat.

Original review: June 20, 2018

This food is of very good quality and would highly recommended it. It is also a plus that it is made in Missouri. I used to feed my dogs another large Missouri company’s food until they started having seizures due to all the fillers. Since I changed their food years ago, they have been very active and healthy.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We chose Taste of the Wild because of the quality ingredients. We have two dogs with food sensitivities, one of which has environmental and food allergies. After trial and error with different foods and supplements, we discovered that Taste of the Wild, by itself, was the best for our dog.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I purchased a large bag of the Bison flavor from Naturally Unleashed. My dogs loved it!! Unfortunately the product is a little too expensive to buy every month. Therefore, I bought the 4-Health brand, which is also made by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc. It is a little cheaper ($20) and provides the necessary nutritional needs of my dogs. Additionally, my vet recommended it.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Since we have been feeding Taste of the Wild her coat has been very shiny. She now eats Taste of the Wild prey. She loves it and her energy is amazing. We would suggest this food to anyone who has a dog that works like mine does and or who has a hunting dog, someone that wants a dog full of energy.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My dog loves this food and she has never had any upset stomach issues and it really suits her. She is not picky and eats it until it is all gone... Great Food for my little baby girl!! My sister also feeds her little yorkie this Taste of the Wild.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I recommend it to all my friends. I've been using it for years. Great stuff. The trouble I find The Taste of the Wild is you cannot get it at PetSmart. They told me they would carry it but you cannot meet their supply and demand. I usually go to a feed store and get mine but it'd be nice if it was Nationwide everywhere easier to get for some people.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We started using Taste of the Wild a few years ago for our elderly Chow/Golden Retriever Mix as it was a little more palatable for him and he didn’t have the food allergies he had with the other foods we had bought in the past. Now we have 2 beautiful German Shepherds and they love the food as much as our first did. We will always keep them on Taste of the Wild both the canned and dry food.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Taste of the Wild was suggested to me by the owner of the pet store I always go to, Whitie’s. They have different flavors and I just got my dogs on it and they like it. Also, their fur is very soft so I just stick with it. I have two Boxers and they’re gonna be seven later this summer. Their favorite flavor is the Pacific Salmon. They get clean bills of health when they go to the vet and I tell the vet what they eat and the vet approves. I definitely recommend Taste of the Wild.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Taste of the Wild is grain-free and in the couple of months that I’ve been using it, my Maltese and Yorkie dogs are eating very good and I like the way they finish all the portion I provide. They are small breeds and their hair are a little shinier since they started eating the Salmon formula. I want to keep using Taste of the Wild and I would recommend it.

Original review: June 17, 2018

When I first got my puppy seven years ago, he was on Earthborn. He was about a year old when I switched him over to Taste of the Wild. Everybody recommended it for the grain-free. My dog's a pitbull and his name is Odin. I also have a little female pitbull and she can’t eat anything but Taste of the Wild or she breaks out in hives everywhere, even other grain-free. I got them on a Wetlands and that’s what I’ve been using. They seem to like it. The food contributes to their skin, their coats, their body weight and their muscles. Everything has been all natural with them and they’re like statues. They’re beautiful. I recommend Taste of the Wild to everybody who has dogs.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had a friend whose pets liked Taste of the Wild and the store that we go to recommended it too. I have 3 male dogs, all mixed breed, and ranging in age from 1 to 8. I've been purchasing the yellow bag and they like it. We used to feed them a brand that wasn't all-natural but now, they've been feeding on Taste of the Wild for about eight months already. There has not been any change and the younger one doesn't know much, but the older one is less lethargic.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I give Taste of the Wild to my Cocker Terrier as a treat. I’ve been using it since I’ve had her for eight years. I like Taste of the Wild because I mix it with her wet food and it seems to satisfy her and fill her enough. I like the ingredients. She likes chicken or fowl. I don’t like all of the other ones that have a lot of beef and things like that. I saw that advertised, and I tried it and it agreed with her. My dog is very healthy. I’m very pleased with Taste of the Wild and I will continue using it. My kids have it. They all know about it and we’ve all had good lucks.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We've tried the other food brands but nothing compares to the "Taste of the Wild" dog food brand! Boxers are known for having room clearing gas (haha) but now the only one that leaves is the cat! As our dog has gotten older we've introduced them to the same flavor but wet food and they absolutely love it. Thank you for making a great product and a less smellier home!

Original review: June 13, 2018

After hearing good stuff about Taste of the Wild, I tried it to tell if it works out with my Boxers. One of them is five and the other one is a year and a half, and I use the same formulation for both. They were doing really good on it, but it's a little too expensive so I don't use it anymore. But I was really satisfied with it, and I've even told other people about it.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2018

We use Taste of the Wild occasionally as an add-in to our main dog food. We have a 75 and 110 pounds Lab mixes, and they’re always happy to get a little add-in although it may not be the same flavor all the time. They like the food that they had and it does well for them, but they were getting a little bored so versus trying to shift to a totally different food, we started adding in TOTW. They’ve had it in the past and it had done fine for them. But I also have a dog that’s allergic to chicken, so we’re limited as to what flavors we can give him. So I only buy the ones that doesn’t have any chicken in it. And I wish that when TOTW makes the new grain food, it needs to not have anything from chicken.

Taste of the Wild response
Glad to hear the dogs like TOTW and that it helps switch the food up for them! Only 2 of the dry food recipes have chicken. Those are Wetlands and High Prairie Adult. That leaves you several to choose from. Pacific Stream, Pine Forest, Sierra Mountain and Southwest Canyon

Dr Heldman @ Taste of the Wild

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have a six-month-old French Bulldog and when we got him, the previous owner gave us the orange Taste of the Wild. It's the Puppy Venison and we decided that we would stick with it. My dog's growth is great and he grew all his body parts. His skin looks great, his energy levels are high and everything is positive. Taste of the Wild is amazing.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My dog is a purebred brindle pug and my other dog is a pug/affenpinscher mix. I was using dry food and they would not eat it. So, I had to mix canned food and some kind of flavoring and it was a big process to get them to eat. My parents started using Taste of the Wild for their dog and I live with my parents so I bought it as well. I noticed that my dogs were just eating the Taste of the Wild Prairie Venison dry right out of the bowl. I didn’t have to convince them to eat it. Most pugs just scarf down anything in front of their face. But my pug would not eat anything. It was a pain in the butt to get him to eat just about anything. And now, I can't even get that food on the ground without him just inhaling it. So, it’s a big difference. I love it. I definitely plan on never buying anything else again. I've already recommended it to the other people whom I've heard have had trouble feeding their dogs.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My dog has eaten Taste of the Wild for years. I just spent over $400 at the vet checking him over because his stomach was so severely upset from this new bag of food. He threw up with specks in it and the gas was horrible. He wasnt acting like himself and would eat grass. His stomach made tons of noise. We ruled out everything possible and so the vet said it may be a bad batch of food. I stopped the food totally and switched to a different product altogether and immediately got better. I have noticed an increase stomach issues to this food and something is not right with the Big Blue Pacific Stream food. I will never recommend or use it again.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I've tried a few other pet food brands and Taste of the Wild was the one that my stumpy tail cattle dog seems to prefer the most. I've been buying ToTW Venison Puppy for almost two years and feeding her natural ingredients has contributed to her health. Her coat is pretty good and she doesn't shed as much as most dogs of her breed. Others should get Taste of the Wild. It's a good brand.

Original review: June 10, 2018

The trainers where I took my dogs suggested Taste of the Wild and I got them on it. My dogs love it. We buy some 35-pound bag every three weeks. My schnoodle needs a limited ingredient food without corn. It’s kinda odd because she’s white and it comes out in her saliva if there’s something going on. Their paws, fur and mouth get red. It turns red from licking. And that’s happening now and I don’t know what the deal is. I switched between the lamb and the buffalo. And I've got them on the lamb now.

I tried the new Taste of the Wild and it’s supposed to be even more limited ingredient. My rottie loved it, but my little dogs wouldn’t eat it. So, he was eating out of their little bowls and they wouldn’t touch it. So, I'm just giving my little dogs the original. But I’m gonna see how their feet are doing the next 60 days with the lamb versus the buffalo.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My mixed-dog is about 8 years old. He's a bit sedentary sometimes and not as active as he was. If I overfeed him, he will gain weight fast. So, I wanted to buy a food that wouldn't make him fat or gain unnecessary weight and that would make him very lean and trim. We've been feeding him The Pacific Stream by Taste of the Wild and he loves it. We put a little bit of water in it when we feed him, so the food’s already swelled up before it gets to his stomach. The food mixes really well with the water and it makes it soft fairly quickly which is good for him and it helps him to digest the food better. It also keeps him really lean and trim. Overall, it's a good dog food and we really like it.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I have a standard poodle, a miniature poodle, and a Labrador and they eat different kinds of Taste of the Wild. My miniature poodle has had a lot of allergies or issues with dermatitis. Her skin breaks out in horrible sores and she has uncontrollable itchiness. The sores are still bad and they got scarring. She used to take steroids, antibiotics, and antihistamines all the time. It turned out that she’s so allergic to corn that if she eats an animal that ate corn she has a reaction.

My veterinarian recommended I bought every single different food, but he gave me specific ideas on what to try. I feel like I’ve tried 100 dog foods with her but the Pacific Stream is the only dog food that she’s been well on in her entire life. Even though a lot of other foods are corn-free or have fishes or protein source, they must not be as clean as Taste of the Wild.

Also, my dogs are all performance dogs. They all show and compete in different types of dog sports. Like most people, I use training treats. It would be great if Taste of the Wild had training treats available that I could use since I don’t really trust anybody else with what I feed my dogs. I can make my own stuff but on the days I don’t have time to make something or I can’t keep something refrigerated, it would be nice to have something from Taste of the Wild. Additionally, the price point that Taste of the Wild has on their food has been good. It's as much as I can afford to spend on dog food. Still, I’m glad that there is something that keeps the dogs healthy that I can afford. I wouldn't be able to keep as many dogs if the food wasn't so affordable.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Taste of the Wild has good nutrition compared to some of the things you can buy at general stores. It has more protein and not as many fillers. I've been using it for six years. I have a six-year-old Chesapeake Bay Retriever and I give him the salmon formula because it doesn't have eggs in it. Our dog is allergic to eggs. Our dog is not fat so Taste of the Wild is a healthier choice and it seems to be good.

Taste of the Wild expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Taste of the Wild makes pet food for cats and dogs. All of its pet food products are grain free and include a range of ingredients, including meats, fruits, vegetables, antioxidants, chelated minerals and probiotics. Taste of the Wild focuses on producing nutritionally balanced pet food products that help support and enhance pet health.

• Focus on nutrition: Taste of the Wild enlists the help of veterinarians and other pet care professionals in developing nutritionally sound pet food products.

• Guaranteed probiotics: Every pet food formula contains guaranteed probiotics intended to aid digestion and support a healthy immune system.

• Real meats: Many Taste of the Wild pet food formulas contain real meats and fish, such as lamb, venison, bison, trout and salmon.

• Purified water: All of Taste of the Wild's dry pet foods are made using water purified using reverse osmosis in order to remove pathogens and potentially harmful chemicals.

• Ancestral-style diet: The company produces pet foods similar to the diet cats' and dogs' ancestors once ate, giving each pet formula a blend of tastes and varied nutritional profiles.

• Best for: Healthy active dogs, puppies and dogs that need to eat healthy.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Taste of the Wild Company Information