1.58/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

223 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have been feeding TOTW to my Labrador since he was 8 weeks old. He has done absolutely fantastic on it. Started him off on the TOTW Pacific Stream: Puppy Formula, and would switch to the High Prairie: Puppy Formula every so often just for a different taste pallet change. Did great on both. Since switching him to the Adult (All life stages) formulas, he's tried almost all of them. I would say the Lamb formula gave him terrible breath. He seemed to like the Pacific Stream the best. As of now, TOTW just came out with a new limited ingredient formula called, PREY, and he has been on the PREY: Trout formula and has done great! He seriously launches all 4 legs off the ground repeatedly when am measuring out his food! Haha. No complaints whatsoever! He has a very nice coat, never itches, highly energetic, and solid healthy stools.

Pretty sure the majority of these reviews about TOTW are fake. I have personally convinced about 6 other dog owners to switch to TOTW, and have heard nothing but positive feedback! Don't be fooled by these other reviews. Try it out for yourself. Just make sure you make a slow transition when switching foods. Example:

Day 1: 3/4 old food with 1/4 new. Day 2: 3/4 old food with 1/4 new. Day 3: 1/2 old food with 1/2 new. Day 4: 1/2 old food with 1/2 new. Day 5: 1/4 old food with 3/4 new. Day 6: 1/4 old food with 3/4 new. Day 7: 100% New food. Hope this helps!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

As others have described, I recently opened a new bag of TOW venison and bison formula dry and always mix with TOW canned food. The bag was purchased in Oct. 2017. Needless to say, my dog who has been on this food for six years became ill from it. This illness has been vet verified. The vet ran a series of tests and determined no kidney related disease or protozoans present. His symptoms were eye discharge and diarrhea. I already had him on the chicken and rice for two days to try and settle the stomach. I replaced his food without a slow transition period because I would not give him anymore TOW. He transitioned fine with antibiotics and probiotics and is doing great. More alert than he has been. So, no more Diamond TOW for him!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I'd been feeding my 12-year-old English Cocker TOTW almost her whole life. A week ago I bought a new bag of the Sierra Lamb, what I always feed her, and she had horrible diarrhea for four days. I will say that when I called in to TOTW their customer service was terrific. They offered to refund the cost of the bag if I emailed a receipt and they put me on the phone with a vet who guided me through feeding her rice and chicken for a few days then slowly adding in the new bag of TOTW I bought (switched to salmon this time). I came online today to see if I could find an online preference for "lamb over salmon" and found this page. It does lend concern over this recent spate of diarrhea from this food.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We got a french bulldog puppy for my son's 7th birthday. He died a few weeks later because of excessive diarrhea. He stayed overnight 2 nights at the vet hospital and got better. Brought him back home and he started to have diarrhea again. We did change his food, but it was too late. He had a prolapsed rectum that was so severe it couldn't be put back in and stitched. We had to put him down at 11 weeks old. Now this all makes sense. His stools were clear and he had nothing else wrong. I wish we would've know about this food before this tragedy.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I am so surprised when I read the reviews on this food and honestly they made me switch my dog food at one point. Bad move. We started him off as a puppy on Blue Buffalo, fine but always soft stool, moved him to Taste of the Wild and his stool was perfect! Read the reviews and switched him to Nutro Ultra. Almost immediately on that food he had bloody diarrhea and itchy bumps all over. Changed to EVO, no more blood, but still diarrhea! Just changed to Taste of the Wild again despite the reviews as it is the only thing that has helped him so far and within 24 hours of feeding it to our Bull Terrier his poops are perfect again.

I'm sure if a company had a dog food that was causing kidney failure it would be shut down very quickly. The Nutro Ultra gave my dog bloody, liquid poops that lasted an incredibly long time but I don't blame the food for being poison! It is simply something that did not agree with my dog. I will not be changing dog foods any time soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Switched my dogs years ago from the grocery store crap and it took me a while now to find TOTW but wow when I did what a difference it made! Healthy weight, great coat, generally much healthier happier dogs! I just got through reading a few other reviews and find some of the low ratings people give to just be laughable! I waited 6 months to a year to write a review to make sure of what I write! But someone switches and suddenly their pet gets ill and sick and suddenly it’s the food without any account of what that may have gotten into in the yard? In the house? Etc...

Do most of you know that vets like doctors push certain brands of foods like doctors do meds because they get kickbacks?! Vets (not all of them) aren’t always right! You want a good healthy diet for your pet, do your research and get what’s best for you and your pet not your vets pocket because you can’t take a few minutes to do the research yourself. TOTW is awesome and healthy for your dog, or puppy! Hands down one of the best out there!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews. I've had my English Mastiff on this for YEARS and now my second English Mastiff on it. Never a problem. I think perhaps other food companies are slamming them. My veterinarian (who happens to take care of the animals at the Baltimore Zoo) also recommends this. SMH.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We've fed our two labs TOTW Pacific Stream for over 6 years. A bag we bought last week has something very wrong with it. Both dogs have profusely vomited (including blood) and they have diarrhea. I'm very worried about my older lab. Avoid this dog food!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My dog has been on Taste of the Wild for seven years. The last bag I bought was September 5th. I had her finish up the old bag and about slightly past mid September I opened the new bag. She didn't want to touch it. That wasn't like her. I disregarded it not thinking anything of it. It's expensive healthy food that we always use. She had no choice but to eat it. My dog's health declined right in front of My eyes and I didn't notice. My dog's legs started to became weak/shakey and I wrote it off as us walking extra lately. My dog passed away October 7th. The vet said something turned her liver into mush. A toxin that her body could not get rid of.

After my dog passed, I gave away her things. I gave her expensive Taste of the Wild dog food to a friend since I had over half a bag left. With in a week, My friend reported that her dog got really sick. That his hind legs got weak and he couldn't walk or jump like usual. It wasn't like him. It wasn't until this coincidence that I decided to research a possible recall on Taste of The Wild. Something isn't right. I've stood by this dog food for a long time but this last bag has proven different by the death of one dog and illness of another.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We have been feeding our 1 1/2 y/o dog nothing but TOTW. We change the flavors every so often to give variety. Recently she has been vomiting sporadically for the past month. The last bag is the venison and bison flavor. We're taking her to the Vet tomorrow for a scheduled visit and will have a blood test done. We'll keep the bag of dog food in case it is necessary. I've read the other posts of dogs vomiting and am very concerned that there is something in the food that is causing these reported issues.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Longtime Taste of the Wild user. Two older dogs have been fine. Bought a new puppy and started on him on the puppy food 9 days ago. Diarrhea the whole time, up to 7 times a day. Took him to the vet. Everything checked out fine. Looked up the dog food on this site today and now it makes sense. Taking the food back and putting him on something else. Will switch the other dogs and cat, too. Hoping to goodness I am switching Jim in time. Goodbye Taste of the Wild!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I have fed this dog food (High Prairie Canine Formula) to my dogs for 8 years, I've never had skin allergies like I have now. My dogs are biting their paws and scratching bloody patches off of their bodies. Hair loss also! I decided to write the company on their Facebook page and saw several people posting the same complaints. My toy dogs are suffering the worst.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Holy cow. We had our mastiff on TOTW for a few months in late 2016 and early 2017. She likes it, her stools looked good, her coat was beautiful, no issues. Out of nowhere she got uncontrollable, bloody diarrhea. Mona is a rescue and was severely underweight when we got her so we were in a panic. Our vet gave us some antibiotics and a dewormer. She also told us to do a chicken and rice diet and then switch foods immediately. We didn't really have time to diagnostically run down what was going on, we just hit her with anything and everything. It cleared up immediately and we never knew what it was specifically that caused her to have a horrifying amount of blood in her stool.

Fast forward 8 months and I see on a Mastiff Facebook page and I see folks bashing TOTW. Other mastiff owners had similar issues as us. Sure enough, I start googling and doing research and TOTW seems to have dropped the ball somewhere. I'm surprised there hasn't been a recall but it doesn't seem widespread enough. I see a lot of folks in Texas complaining and that may have something to do with it. I'm not sure.

I didn't reach out to TOTW but I had ordered the food from Chewy. I had ordered 2 bags and 1 was unopened. I wanted to return it, and Chewy was great. They issued me a refund no questions and told me to donate the bag (seemed like an awesome gesture at the time but now I feel bad). Then they express shipped me, no shipping cost to me, 2 bags of Rachel Ray. Haven't had issues since. I can't say definitely it was TOTW. But based on the similarity of my experience with my dog, I'm comfortable saying I would never buy it again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have been feeding my bulldog Taste of the Wild venison and buffalo for several years now. His skin does much better on this grain free food and he loves it. I've not had any digestive issues with it. Not to say my bulldog hasn't had any upset stomach or anything but it is not associated with this food. I think some of these reviews could be purely coincidental. Great food.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I did not connect my dog's death with a change in food, and I will never be sure, but after reading all these stories I will always wonder. My healthy old dog very quickly started deteriorating a couple of months ago. I had started feeding her TOTW Lamb Formula for the first time. Soon after, she started being unable to last through the night, so had to sleep in the kitchen. This was hard on an old dog who had always slept on the human bed. Later, we were visiting and she suddenly messed the hosts' living room rug! I sadly chalked it up to 'old age', and after that, she had to be left home. She was sleeping a lot, but again, she was old...

Two weeks ago she suddenly collapsed in the house. Before I could get to the vet, she was dead. I have a younger dog, and as a matter of course was researching dog food info and found this site. If not, I probably would never have questioned my old dog's death. However, I have thrown out all the remaining TOTW, and will not buy it again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I recently purchased a bag of TOTW Pacific Stream Salmon that made my dog violently ill. Within an hour or two of feeding it to her she began vomiting and had horrible diarrhea for days before I realized it must be the food. During the five day period where I fed her the food she became very lethargic and by day four and five refused to eat the food which she never does. After switching her to a diet of chicken and rice she began feeling better and has her energy back. I hope they recall this food before it makes more dog sick, especially after reading all the reviews of people experiencing similar problems.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My 9 year old lab mix had been eating TOTW wild boar for 3 years. On 8/11/17 I bought a new bag. My dog Henry he ate from that bag for a week with no visible problems. Then all of a sudden would not eat it anymore! I tried many other foods eggs, rice, chicken broth. He would eat nothing! Then the vomiting started! It all came on very suddenly. He wouldn't walk, he wouldn't drink water, his body was shutting down and we were unable to get him to keep down his seizure medication. Three days later after two bad seizures he died. It never crossed my mind that him getting sick could have had anything to do with his food.

My family and I have just gotten a new puppy and she has been on Taste of the Wild High Prairie puppy formula. I just bought a new 40 pound bag two days ago. After reading these reviews the bag has gone in the trash. I cooked her chicken for dinner. She will be going on a new brand of dog food tomorrow!!! She is not having any problems but I am not willing to take any chances. When it's all said and done I have no idea if there really is a problem with Taste of the Wild... but this many people having problems with it makes me very concerned. I have not tried to contact taste of the wild and don't believe I will. From the sounds of it it has done nobody any good. I will move on and find a different dog food.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Our six year old dog has been eating Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain (Lamb) formula for over five years without any known issues. A few months back, I noticed that the food in a new bag (Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain (Lamb)) I had just opened looked different - the kibbles were smaller and darker than they had always been. Our dog kind of didn't want to eat it, but did go ahead and eat most of the first bowl (He normally always cleaned his bowl). Over the next several feedings, he ate a little bit more and finally got back to his usual habit of cleaning his bowl. Now fast forward to today. I had picked up a new bag of food (Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain (Lamb)) and again I immediately noticed that the kibble shape was different, thinner, and the color was lighter. So at breakfast, he would not eat a single kibble. He sniffed the food, got a small mouthful, chewed once, and then spit it out.

I could not get him to eat another single piece. So I temporarily wrote it off as him not feeling well or just not wanting to eat. He went the rest of the day without eating anything. Tonight, I made his usual dinner - some TOTW Lamb dry food with (on this particular night, some cooked ground chicken on top.) He ate every last particle of ground chicken but would not touch the TOTW dry food. There were several kibbles of dry food in the floor, all around his bowl from where he had selectively spit those out while eating the ground chicken - he normally always cleans his plate and there is not a single piece of food or kibble left. I handed him a single kibble and he literally turned his head away and backed up. I know he had to be very hungry but still he would not touch the TOTW food. Luckily I had a sample bag of another dog food that I had purchased a few days before to use as treats/tricks.

I put a handful of this food on the floor and he quickly ate all of it. So I put about a cup in his bowl and he also immediately ate. I don't know what has happened to this company or this food, but something has changed with TOTW. I know my dog well and I am positive that something (bad) has happened to this food. This seems to be further confirmed after I jumped online and did a quick search for TOTW and found this site with several very similar and recent reviews. I wanted to add my feedback because I too want people to know about this food. As of now, I will never purchase Taste of the Wild food (of any type) again. I am going to switch to an Orijen/Acana mix. Orijen is a higher quality food anyway.

Tomorrow I plan to return to the store and just see if I can get a refund or a partial refund, for this bag of (apparently crap) that I just bought. It is pretty pathetic when your dog has eaten a specific type of food (TOTW Lamb formula) for years and all of the sudden will not even touch it. I can tell you that in my case, it is NOT my dog - it is the food! Dog owners, be aware! I would NOT buy this food!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

My Shih Tzus have had Taste of the Wild for years. Recently, after ordering both wet and dry food in High Prairie and Southwest Canyon, BOTH dogs are suffering from explosive diarrhea. They can't seem to control it. It only started when they begin eating the new bags and cans. TOTW, you need to fix this before a dog dies.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I have been feeding my 1 1/2 year old pit mix TOTW Venison and legumes for some time now. We switched him from a more expensive food. About two weeks ago he had explosive bloody diarrhea and vomit. It was truly a horror scene. Had to take him to the ER vet where he stayed for 24 hours. He has had a sensitive stomach but never as bad as this. After reading about everyone else's experience it sounds like the same exact thing. Really worried about feeding this to him now. I switched to the salmon version and he seems better, but not sure if it is the meds he is on. I will be switching him to a different food ASAP. I will be contacting the company, but I don't keep the receipts from the pet store. I will from now on though. Lessons learned.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have been feeding my dogs Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain for over 2 years, dogs loved it. Bought a bag last week. My older Jack Russell became ill the first night with diarrhea and not wanting to eat. I took him off the food thinking he is 13 now and is just an older dog has a sensitive tummy, gave him chicken and rice. He's fine and switched him to Blue Buffalo Senior. Then last night my 5 year old Queensland Heeler with a cast iron stomach had projectile diarrhea and vomiting. She doesn't want to even touch rice with chicken broth. Have her on pro-biotics and keeping an eye on her today hoping we don't need to make a trip to the vet. Coincidence??? I had heard Taste of the Wild was bought out by Diamond who I never feed to my dogs, I will be heading to the feed store today to purchase a different brand of dog food and will not recommend Taste of the Wild any longer. Pissed me off, I just bought a new 30 lb bag.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had heard of the recent negative reviews of TOTW, however given the fact that our 4 year-old Siberian Husky has eaten it for the past year without issue, we elected to continue feeding it to her with close monitoring. She has historically been a very picky eater, so switching foods for her is no easy feat. At her regular 6 month check-up in June she was in good health and all lab values were within normal ranges. We bought new bags of TOTW Sierra Mountain & High Prairie Canine formulas in August. We noticed that she was much more interested in eating grass over the coming weeks, but never lost full interest in her food and never had any overt GI symptoms.

In early September she underwent routine lab work prior to a planned dental cleaning, where we discovered that she had a new transaminitis, indicating significant liver dysfunction likely caused by poisoning. We spoke with the vet regarding the liver dysfunction and the recent concerns regarding TOTW, and elected to trial her on a new diet for a month. After repeating lab work yesterday, her transaminitis has completely resolved and she no longer excessively consumes grass. While it's difficult to say that TOTW was absolutely the cause of her liver issues, it seems way too coincidental given the resolution with diet change and the other similar reports. Either way, we feel incredibly lucky to have caught the issue early prior to the significant GI issues setting in.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

First I am disturbed to read so many negative reviews with experiences very similar to ours. Secondly I am disappointed with the "poor" attitude Taste of the Wild corporate had in response to our dogs being ill. Jan-Feb of 2017 one of our Aussies developed stomach problems, problems sleeping, vomiting and "explosive" diarrhea. After four trips to the vet, thousands of dollars later, medication and no real results. Then our second Aussie started having the same problems (but not as serious, yet). We could not figure out what was the problem. Then my wife saw the reviews.

We immediately stopped using Taste of the Wild Bison and BOOM. The dogs got better. More active. Better coats. No more Taste of the Wild-No more problems. Then we thought let’s contact Taste of the Wild to give them a heads up. First person we talked to just made excuses and said "social media is killing them". Then a vet from Taste of the Wild called and said there in no way both the dogs got sick at the same time (Hum maybe if the food is bad both would get sick). Then a second vet from Taste of the Wild called asking for our Vets records. We obliged. Then he wants to blame anything but the food. Taste of the Wild needs to deal with their food quality issues before they starting killing dogs.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My dogs have been on Taste of the Wild for 2 years, and I’ve been satisfied up until this point. My dogs normally are enthusiastic about their food and have been on TOTW Pacific Stream for about two years. I purchased a bag in August, which is where the trouble started. Like what so many others have described, all three of my dogs had to be coaxed to eat, only to have them vomit, eat tons of grass, lethargic, and appearing unsteady on their feet. Thinking that maybe the particular bag was bad, I went to a different retailer to purchase a different bag. The same reaction, if not worse occurred. I even tried feeding it to the chickens, who eat EVERYTHING and they want nothing to do with it. Even the squirrels have not touched what is on the ground.

The two bags have different production codes and best by dates: Bag one is production code 0710, best by 15 Jul 2018. Bag two is production code is 0410, best by 21 Apr 2018. After I saw that there was a problem, I fed the dogs scrambled eggs until I could get a different brand, with the eggs they had no problem or reaction. I switched them to another brand of dog food and they’re back to their usual interest in eating, their energy level has returned, and no one has vomited since the switch. I contacted the company and provided them information on the batches that I had purchased. They asked for detailed information about my dogs and the reactions that they have had. I found it interesting that they said, "We take every reported concern very seriously. We log reports into our system and investigate each one thoroughly.

We do not have any product recalls and are not investigating any clusters of issues that appear to be connected ". There's almost 200 reviews for TOTW here, several of which have stated that they have contacted the company. They did offer me my money back if I send in the production stamps from the bags and either a receipt or information about where I bought the bags and the price paid. I'm not going to do that just yet. If I cut the codes out of the bags and send it in I'll have no proof. I would suggest that if you have the information available (or even if you don't), that you contact the company.

I went to the website on their bag, www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com, and entered a general comment on the "contact us" link. Give them as much in the way of details as you have, and save the sent email. This isn't a vendetta against TOTW, I loved their food but there's obviously a problem. I'm saddened to hear of real physical damage or death, with too many similarities to ignore the pattern.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have a 7 year old Lab that has been eating TOTW for the past 5 years as he has multiple allergies. For the most part, he has been very healthy until a few days ago. That's when he out of nowhere started having massive diarrhea attacks. After reading these other reviews, I now realize this was from a recent purchase of a new bag of TOTW food because he has not been exposed to or ingested anything out of the norm. Clearly Diamond brands has an issue they need to address.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Our Dachsador has experienced excessive hair loss and itching with this food. Has vomited 3 or more times. Not exactly sure what ingredients in this food is causing this but we are definitely switching today and we just got a new bag of this. Anyone have any other recommendations??? Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have 2 dogs... A 3 year old Golden Boxer and 7 month old puppy. I have fed my Golden Boxer the TOTW Buffalo/Venison for 2 years. And I started out puppy on it in March 2017. Everything was fine until June 2017. My Golden Boxer started acting lethargic and became very inactive. He started eating his food sparingly and picked at it. Then in August 2017... I bought 2 new bags of food: Adult and Puppy. My Golden Boxer had terrible diarrhea 3 times a night for several nights in a row and then didn't want to eat his food. My puppy went on a food strike and stopped eating his food almost altogether. He used to gulp all of his food down and then all of a sudden... He didn't even want to eat any of it.

I went back to Pet Supplies Plus and they helped me pick a new food. I mixed the two foods together (like I was told to) - and my puppy picked up lots of food in his mouth and dropped it on the floor. Then he started pushing the pieces of food apart and was only eating the pieces of new food. I'm a normally pretty low drama person... but, this whole situation has me convinced there is something weird going on with this brand. I'm done.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Our 10 year old lab was eating this. Within a few days he was throwing up everywhere and had explosive diarrhea! He was also very lethargic, and refused to eat his food. He stopped eating and drinking, so after 2 days we brought him in to the vet. He continued to refuse to eat or drink for 2 more days. He is currently taking some heavy duty antibiotics. He is responding to them and is starting to eat chicken and rice. I asked the vet about salmonella poisoning. Maybe coincidental, but he was perfectly fine before and with his previous food. Maybe do some research, Taste of the Wild is actual under Diamond Dog Food Inc., which does have a reputation for recalls. I have our puppy on Fromm and once the older dog is better, he will be going on Fromm as well. Hopefully this saves a parent from expensive vet bills.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

How very disturbing it is to read all of these reviews. I am seeing so many similarities in the experience I have been having with my 2 dogs. An 8 yr old shepherd mix and a 6 yr old shi-tzu. They have been on TOTW for 6 yrs now, with no issues. But over the past month or so, it has been a see-saw of upset stomachs and diarrhea between the two. It started with my shi-tzu, but my first thought was his heartworm medicine, since it was a possible side effect. But after a day or two, he seems to only want to lay around and is using the bathroom much more than normal.

And last night was the peak, my shepherd woke me up 4 times through the night to go out. Something that she never does. Her stools were runny and dark. And now she is itching and biting at her feet. I just spoke to my vet, and they recommended they stop eating their food, but would not go as far to say that there was a problem with the food. And I am embarrassed to say that I did not know until the vet told me, that TOTW is produced by Diamond. I wish I would have done my research ahead of buying this food. The last brand of dog food that my shepherd ate was Diamond, and she had all kinds of issues. Allergies, hair loss and digestive issues. Never again will I be so casual with choosing a new dog food for my babies. Going to follow my vet's recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have been feeding TOTW Pacific Stream for nearly a year. It has worked well for my Doberman who has terrible allergies. I chose the brand because of the reviews and felt it wouldn't break the bank. I even transitioned my JRT over to it to make life a bit easier. Well, all was well until I purchased my recent 30 lb. bag from TSC. I began feeding it a couple days ago and it has been a nightmare. The Doberman started with diarrhea so bad he woke me up last evening which he has never done and today, while out hiking, he had diarrhea with quite a large amount of blood.

I am completely stressed out and will be making a decision today to switch dog foods. I have spoken to the vet and I will fast him until this evening and then feeding white rice and boiled ground beef (he is allergic to chicken). We have changed NOTHING in his environment to cause any stress nor anything in his diet other than a new bag of food. Time to go off the TOTW and that makes me upset, but my dog's health is more important!

Taste of the Wild expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Taste of the Wild makes pet food for cats and dogs. All of its pet food products are grain free, and include a range of ingredients, including meats, fruits, vegetables, antioxidants, chelated minerals and probiotics. Taste of the Wild focuses on producing nutritionally balanced pet food products that help support and enhance pet health.

• Focus on nutrition: Taste of the Wild enlists the help of veterinarians and other pet care professionals in developing nutritionally sound pet food products.

• Guaranteed probiotics: Every pet food formula contains guaranteed probiotics intended to aid digestion and support a healthy immune system.

• Real meats: Many Taste of the Wild pet food formulas contain real meats and fish, such as lamb, venison, bison, trout and salmon.

• Purified water: All of Taste of the Wild's dry pet foods are made using water purified using reverse osmosis in order to remove pathogens and potentially harmful chemicals.

• Ancestral-style diet: The company produces pet foods similar to the diet cats' and dogs' ancestors once ate, giving each pet formula a blend of tastes and varied nutritional profiles.

• Best for: Healthy active dogs, puppies and dogs that need to eat healthy.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Taste of the Wild Company Information