It's that easy Request Information
4.46/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

1078 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Good quality and choice of grain free food. Just a bit pricey. Would like to see more choice of meat alone food and no potato or peas added. A bit more gravy would enhance the flavor of the can food with the dry food. Need coupons to buy more can food.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I want to Thank You for using the gifts God has blessed you with; to bless me, my dog & so many other! My dog has been on this food since a pup & she eats each bowl like she loves it! You are appreciated! Keep up the great job! God bless you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

The food gives our dogs a shiny coat and good poops. Our dogs seem to really love it. It would be great if you could add other flavors for small dogs. They love the Appalachian formula but sometimes they get bored and we have to switch it up. Overall, we really enjoy Taste of the Wild!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I switched my yellow lab from Orijen Original to Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream about two years ago. He hasn't had any issues with it, he still loves the flavor, the price is reasonable, and it is available at my local feed store. He is not picky with food that he eats, so we have never had to switch flavors. But, I am sure he would eat any of them. I am happy they have a reward program, too. It is a nice perk for those of us who stay loyal to one brand.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Our dogs have very sensitive tummies. We went through multiple brands and almost every flavor of Taste of the Wild before we found the lamb flavor. Our dogs love it and the lamb flavor of Taste of the Wild is nutritious and gentle on our dogs stomachs. With two big dogs, it’s vital that our dogs enjoy their food and there are no digestion issues. Taste of the Wild is our go to dog food!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have 2 dogs that are allergic to almost every ingredients dog food kibble is made from. Taste of the Wild is one of the few that does not have those ingredients. There are others which I tried but the dogs did not care for. Taste of the Wild is the only one they eat with gusto! They don't walk away until it's finished!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My dog absolutely loves Taste of Wild. The grain free dog food is healthy, gives my dog a shiny coat and plenty of energy. My friend's dog will only eat Taste of Wild when I go to their home and stay or she comes to my home. She is now a Taste of Wild customer as well.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have a 5 yr. old, #58 Bull Terrier (Malcolm) that I got from my sister at a yr. and a half, after he bit a member of the family and couldn't stay there any longer. Wanting to get him the best I could, and an hour, or so, online, I made my decision to purchase Taste of the Wild. It has lots of little extras, like pro-biotics (I feel they help me, why not him?), no grains, natural and wild-sourced proteins, etc. How could I, a self-proclaimed fitness/health nut, do anything less for my new charge?! He's now 5 1/2 yrs. old and is healthy and regular. Important for us all. Lol.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have a dog that was allergic to everything. I started him on Taste of the Wild a few years ago. He no longer has dry skin. He has grown all his hair back and his coat looks beautiful again. Before he looked like he had the mange. I would recommend this food for anyone that is having health issue to see if it could help.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My cat had a lot of vomiting over a year ago. After a few tests it was determined she had GI sensitivity to chicken and certain cat food. Grain free Taste Of The Wild was recommended, dry, and she has been fine ever since. I use the Wild meats and fish types. My cat loves it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

As a family of three dogs, we were looking for a dog food that fit our dogs needs. We love that it's grain-free at an affordable cost. Best yet, our dogs love it! The food is nutrient-rich, and great for digestive health! We love our dogs and they love their food!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I added the canned "topper" to Daisy's dry Taste of the Wild. She liked it, but I was having to throw the remainder out because it was going bad. It costs too much to throw out. I even read the label with a magnifying glass and never saw it say to refrigerate after opening. I'll still buy the dry, but not the other. I think it could be the reason the was getting sick so often. The company didn't really act like they cared when I contacted them. Very disappointing.

Taste of the Wild response
Hello Donna,
Sorry you didn't know to refrigerate the can upon opening. It does say to, on the side of the can, maybe the print needs to be bigger. Will be happy to make that right. We don't have a record of your call. About how long ago was it?

Dr. Heldman

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Great dog food. Have used it for many years on many dogs and puppies. They all do great on it!! Wouldn't use anything else. Loved it when it was all Life Stage dog food, but glad there is now a puppy grade food. The variety and choices available are wonderful especially with the more picky eaters.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Dogs love the bison /venison flavor. I feel good about buying a grain free product that is made in USA, responsibly sourced and reasonably priced. I can get the product in Chicago and in Montana. My Dogs love it. The prey flavors are also very good. I like that there are frequent sales and price matching.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We have had outstanding success with Taste of the Wild pet food. We use the feline varieties and our cats love it. Their coats are full and shiny and even though they graze we use less food than other brands. One of our Male cats has urinary problems but not with the product. Love Taste of the Wild.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

All four of my pets were on Taste of the Wild Lamb & Rice for their entire life. Each had healthy lives and no health issues. Our Akita was with us for 15 years, our 1st Husky for 12 years and our Doberman for 8 years. Our current Husky is active and no health issues at 9 years. I believe this in large part to a good diet. No plans to change unless a specific diet is needed for health reasons.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I’ve been feeding this brand to my 2 year old pit bull since he was a puppy and after testing all the top name brands Taste of the Wild was by far the highest quality. Ever since doing so his health and hair have been perfect and our vet wants him to stay on the same diet for the rest of his life.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I foster puppies plus I have a dog and two cats. ALL of the animals in my home eat only Taste of the Wild. Prior to this food, my cats were using regular grocery store food and they were getting very sick. I would 100 percent recommend this food. If you're having trouble with a smelly litterbox, switch to Taste of the Wild.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have been feeding my dog Taste of the Wild for years and she has always loved it. I am a huge fan of the ingredients in the Prey formula and have been feeding my dog this formula for about 5 months now. She is a 65 pound lab mix and always has access to her food. She tends to eat about 2-4 cups per day depending on how much exercise she’s had in the pool. Beautiful coat from the Prey formula which is important as she can get dry skin/hair from the sun and salt water pool. I believe the price is worth it due to all the benefits and I will continue to purchase.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Our dog has sensitive EVERYTHING it seems, once we switched him to Taste of the Wild grain free salmon, he loved it and had no more skin or stomach issues! Every time we think we'll try something else that seems to be on sale, he totally rejects it or just breaks out in hot spots and we have major vet bills along with a suffering dog. So we are here to stay and appreciate the high quality, reasonably priced dog food our beloved loves.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

So glad that I discovered Taste Of The Wild! I was feeding my dog a different brand of dog food that was high quality but very, very expensive. The cost became too much of a burden so I had to find a different food but didn't want to sacrifice quality ingredients. With Taste Of The Wild, my dog gets the best food without animal by-products etc. at a unbelievably low price.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Rocco is a floppy-eared Labradoodle. When young he was on another food and had terrible problem with his ears. You couldn’t even touch them without him screaming. Someone said that Salmon food would help and I found Taste of the Wild and tried that. It’s been 12 years now and never had another issue. I’ve recommended it to others who’s dogs have that problem so they will feel better.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

It took a few brands to end up on Taste of the Wild. My dog loves it! I switch flavors (for variety because I'm not a savage) each time and have yet to find one she doesn't like. Therefore, I will not buy anything else. Way to go Taste of the Wild!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have Field Spaniels and have fed them Taste of the Wild most of their life. I tried other similar brands as far as similar proteins and fat content and when I switched to Taste of the Wild, never more an issue with allergies, dry skin, or lack of interest in the food.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My dog looks and acts so healthy with this brand. I read the ingredients so it looks like it is good for him too. Shiny coat, lots of energy, and it seems to agree with his stomach too. I have tried other grain free brands but he seems to really like this one. Plus the farting is not nearly as bad as other brands.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Our Boxer has had many sensitivities to dog food until we found Taste of the Wild. A great product, with many flavor choices to choose from. It is a bit more expensive but well worth the extra cost to ensure our dog doesn't suffer from the itchy red welts on her stomach and itchy enflamed ears she was experiencing from the less expensive "grocery store" brands.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Our to furbabies love it, and they are finicky! They quickly get sick with other brands, due to allergies and snowflake stomach tolerances. Quality of ingredients is our top priority, and few brands compare to TOTW. Sourced company via Costco private label brand. Wouldn't buy another other brand for our furbabies.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The cost of Taste of the Wild is the weakest point. Dog food can be purchased at much less cost and much greater quantity elsewhere, such as Costco. The truth of the food is that unless you have working dogs or dogs on a diet, the less expensive brands are just fine. For example, Taste of the Wild is more rich in minerals and vitamins the dogs need, if my dog needed to lose weight I would feed them TotW but in smaller quantities. I purchase it to have on hand in the event of something happening that prevents me from being able to get the much cheaper dog food. Otherwise I am completely satisfied with the product. The cost prevents me from purchasing it as my main source of dog food.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This food has literally saved my dogs' lives! We have 5 dogs, 3 are pure bread labs. Two of them had severe food allergies, we tried everything the vets recommended, cooked chicken and rice, but still no resolve. So my husband did a bunch of research and found out they were allergic to starch! So we put them on the Pine Forest blend which has the least amount of starch. They are no longer chewing their feet off, no more scratching all nite, and normal bellies, no more pink hot spots. We will forever keep our fur kids on Taste of the Wild!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Our breeder fed all her puppies Taste of the Wild, but it wasn't as readily available 10 years ago when we got our dog. So, I tried several other dog foods, but kept coming back to Taste of the Wild because our dog responded the best to it. At almost 10 years old, she has the energy of a puppy and is going strong. Highly recommend this brand!

Taste of the Wild expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Taste of the Wild makes pet food for cats and dogs. All of its pet food products are grain free and include a range of ingredients, including meats, fruits, vegetables, antioxidants, chelated minerals and probiotics. Taste of the Wild focuses on producing nutritionally balanced pet food products that help support and enhance pet health.

• Focus on nutrition: Taste of the Wild enlists the help of veterinarians and other pet care professionals in developing nutritionally sound pet food products.

• Guaranteed probiotics: Every pet food formula contains guaranteed probiotics intended to aid digestion and support a healthy immune system.

• Real meats: Many Taste of the Wild pet food formulas contain real meats and fish, such as lamb, venison, bison, trout and salmon.

• Purified water: All of Taste of the Wild's dry pet foods are made using water purified using reverse osmosis in order to remove pathogens and potentially harmful chemicals.

• Ancestral-style diet: The company produces pet foods similar to the diet cats' and dogs' ancestors once ate, giving each pet formula a blend of tastes and varied nutritional profiles.

• Best for: Healthy active dogs, puppies and dogs that need to eat healthy.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Taste of the Wild Company Information