4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

Taste of the Wild Reviews

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Taste of the Wild is my dogs' favorite food. I've been using it for about eight years now. It's grain-free, and that obviously made a huge difference in their diet. The amount of food that you feed them is less compared to everybody else. Their feces is a lot harder than the other ones, which means they’re absorbing all the nutrients they can, and that's great. I had show dogs and their coat was better too. About two months after I switched them over to TOTW, I started getting best in show with them. They definitely love the original, yellow bag, the Buffalo, whereas my Pug loves the lamb. We tried all the different flavors, and he doesn’t like the Mountain one very much, but he’s all over the lamb. I feed him the daily dose but I cut it in half. So, I feed him in the morning about 10 minutes before we leave in the morning for work, and then about 50 minutes after we come home, then we’ll feed him his second half of his full dose.

Whenever we pick up the food, people always ask if it is really worth the price. I tell them my story, and they get the food too. Then the next time I see them, they tell me that I was right and TOTW is totally an amazing food. At work, if people are having issues with their dogs, I always tell them about the food. And then, they try it and their food issues go away.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I've been using Taste of the Wild for 17 months now. I have two dogs and they’re both on it. When I was first introduced to Taste of the Wild, that was when I have my first dog, my first Cane Corso. And with Cane Corsos, they need a certain percentage of raw meat, liver, bones or organs itself, and Taste of the Wild gave me a step above the normal dog food. I went with this brand because of the raw meat that’s actually mixed in with the food. To have my Cane Corso on a complete raw diet is pretty expensive. So, Taste of the Wild gave me the experience of having the mixture of the chicken with the actual raw food as well. So, I give my dogs a healthier diet.

I use the Absolute Taste of the Wild and I use Diamond as well. That with Diamond, I use a large breed because I have another dog I've just added to the family, which is an American Bully, and she's only 13 weeks. So, I wanted a dog food that my dogs could both eat. Some other dogs can't eat adult dog food, but adult dog can eat puppy food because of the nutrients and protein in it. My dogs pretty much liked the dog food from the start. The only thing is that it altered their bowels for a moment, but everything was pretty normal.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I want to say that the FDA is the same agency that has recommended Americans to eat more grains than protein and vegetables. Since this change we are fatter and more unhealthier than ever. So I don’t buy into this FDA report about grain-free dog food being a problem. It is the lobbyists and agency that is the problem here. Don’t you think that they would want to point our pets in the same direction if it meant the corn and wheat industries and their lobbyists would provide the right benefit $ to the agency in some form? Wake up People! Is your dog healthy? Mine is he has been eating TOTW HP and PS for 3 years and the puppy version before that. He has no health issues, his coat looks amazing, his eyes are bright and his nails grow the way they should. He is a show dog quality Belgian Malinois.

I chose this food because it was the best value for the best ingredients that I felt would benefit him. His diet is supplemented with all kinds of treats and meats - he is not a grain-free dog, but he is healthy and I trust a company that cares about making quality dog food over the agency that has been the primary reason for the decline of Americans' health. Just pointing out the obvious. So I hope that anyone that is using or considering TOTW looks at their own dog’s health instead of worry about a report from an untrustworthy government agency. With that said if they are having problems by all means work with your vet to find a solution. I am not a rep of TOTW and am not paid to be a voice of reason.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I bought Taste of the Wild for the first time at my local hardware store. I checked the ingredients and was satisfied with the ingredients as opposed to about every other food. The only thing is I wasn't sure about all of the different flavors, so I was trying to figure out which one of the flavors suited my dogs the best. And I noticed that whenever I would change flavors from bag to bag, there's a little bit of itching in my dogs. But otherwise, I am extremely satisfied with the company and how the dogs like the food and that it's healthy for them. It's one of the few that they like and it's good for them.

There are five flavors that my local hardware sells, so I was trying to figure out which one my dogs like the best. When I did that, I couldn't figure out why they were itching. And then, when I did a little more digging, because I know when you switch from food to food, that sometimes allergy arose, but I never thought of flavor to flavor in the same food. And I can't nail down that that was the exact reason. It could've been environmental factor. Other than that, I like the packaging. I like the product. I'm very happy that we are part of a program where once we buy 10 bags, we get a bag for free. I like that.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have been feeding my two 7 yr old very sensitive white Boxers this kibble for the past 5 yrs with excellent results in overall health, no allergy issues such as skin, nails, coat, stomach. I do have to say that it is only the Pacific Stream formula that has accomplished these results. I discovered after many trials of isolating various food ingredients that our Boxers are allergic to poultry. Prior to switching to TOTW Pacific Stream brand, I was feeding them both Orijen or Acana brand in the initial 2 yrs of life and did find that my dogs did develop skin allergies with the poultry even in this superior quality kibble.

Once I switched them back to Orijen or Acana Fish ingredient the allergies stopped. However for financial reasons I needed to researched other "brands" comparable the the above mentioned without sacrificing my pets health and found the ingredients in TOTW to be the most comparable and reasonable to that of Orijen or Acana. I wished it possible to upload a photo of how strong and healthy they are since a picture is worth a thousand words! Proud White Boxer Mom from Florida.

Taste of the Wild response

Beautiful dogs! Thanks for posting their picture (and of you too). Pacific Stream has helped so many dogs. Our recipe contains more omegas than most other salmon based dog food out there and it does seem to make a difference

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Dexter, our big dog, likes Taste of the Wild. He eats everything, and I switch the formula up. We have been using it for two years now.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

With Taste of the Wild, my dog has a good looking coat. During hunting seasons, I add a little bit of the wet food to it, which she really loves. Recently, she had a stick shoved up her nose, sneezed really hard and broke several teeth. She's gonna be on a little bit more wet from here on out to make it easier on her to chew. When she had her teeth removed, the vet asked if my dog was on a grain-free diet. I didn't get to talk with her too much about it, but she said that dogs needed grain.

I have a nine-year-old black Lab retriever. She's about 59 pounds. She's a working dog so I try to stay very consistent with what she's intaking. I look for the quality and the ingredients and everything has shown that Taste of the Wild has a consistent recipe. Consistency is also very important to me because I buy bags of dog food if the dog wanted to eat. A lot of different dog foods seem to change their recipe. Every once in awhile, they'll change it for a bit then they'll change it back. Eukanuba and Pro Plan have done the same thing. I used to be a Pro Plan guy 20 years ago but now, I'm done with them. Now, I'm into Taste of the Wild and have been for quite some time.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We got a pitbull puppy back in June. At the time I was feeding her Iams and she was having skin allergies. She lost fur and was itchy all the time. I tried shampoos for her coat and her hair never would fully grow back. I switched her over to Taste of the Wild Pacific stream puppy formula and her hair grew back within 2 weeks. Her coat is so soft and shiny now! Love this dog food.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We have used Taste of the Wild for five years and we are happy with it. It was recommended by a pet store. It is all natural ingredients and we alternate the formulation for our black Lab -- he has had Taste of the Wild since he was born.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have a Boxer-Lab mix and he itches a lot and he scratches. We found Taste of the Wild is the best dog food for his allergies and he likes it. He likes the Buffalo. Also, we always give him the salmon formulation. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Taste of the Wild expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Taste of the Wild makes pet food for cats and dogs. All of its pet food products are grain free and include a range of ingredients, including meats, fruits, vegetables, antioxidants, chelated minerals and probiotics. Taste of the Wild focuses on producing nutritionally balanced pet food products that help support and enhance pet health.

• Focus on nutrition: Taste of the Wild enlists the help of veterinarians and other pet care professionals in developing nutritionally sound pet food products.

• Guaranteed probiotics: Every pet food formula contains guaranteed probiotics intended to aid digestion and support a healthy immune system.

• Real meats: Many Taste of the Wild pet food formulas contain real meats and fish, such as lamb, venison, bison, trout and salmon.

• Purified water: All of Taste of the Wild's dry pet foods are made using water purified using reverse osmosis in order to remove pathogens and potentially harmful chemicals.

• Ancestral-style diet: The company produces pet foods similar to the diet cats' and dogs' ancestors once ate, giving each pet formula a blend of tastes and varied nutritional profiles.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Taste of the Wild Company Information