3.91/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

1199 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

I want to say that the FDA is the same agency that has recommended Americans to eat more grains than protein and vegetables. Since this change we are fatter and more unhealthier than ever. So I don’t buy into this FDA report about grain-free dog food being a problem. It is the lobbyists and agency that is the problem here. Don’t you think that they would want to point our pets in the same direction if it meant the corn and wheat industries and their lobbyists would provide the right benefit $ to the agency in some form? Wake up People! Is your dog healthy? Mine is he has been eating TOTW HP and PS for 3 years and the puppy version before that. He has no health issues, his coat looks amazing, his eyes are bright and his nails grow the way they should. He is a show dog quality Belgian Malinois.

I chose this food because it was the best value for the best ingredients that I felt would benefit him. His diet is supplemented with all kinds of treats and meats - he is not a grain-free dog, but he is healthy and I trust a company that cares about making quality dog food over the agency that has been the primary reason for the decline of Americans' health. Just pointing out the obvious. So I hope that anyone that is using or considering TOTW looks at their own dog’s health instead of worry about a report from an untrustworthy government agency. With that said if they are having problems by all means work with your vet to find a solution. I am not a rep of TOTW and am not paid to be a voice of reason.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My Yorkieshon was having major health issues black spots all over her belly that looked like mold, ear infections, biting her feet, etc. The doctor had tried her on different medications, ear drops, and foods over the course of a few years. Then ** for quite some time. It was costing us a fortune and we watched our little get worse.

I researched and found articles similar to her conditions and grain free foods, Taste of the Wild being one of them. I immediately researched TOTW with so many great reviews. I purchased some online and introduced it to my little girl and within a couple of weeks I began to see a BIG difference. I was able to take her of the **. Within a month she was reborn. The black spots on her belly were completely gone, her ears cleared up, she played more, etc.

It has been about two years and she is doing awesome. She will be eight years old in just a couple days and has loads of energy and clear skin. She just had her yearly checkup and is in A-1 condition. The Vet was surprised her teeth were in excellent condition for her age. I'm so thankful I found TOTW. I don't think she would be with us now if I hadn't.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I bought Taste of the Wild for the first time at my local hardware store. I checked the ingredients and was satisfied with the ingredients as opposed to about every other food. The only thing is I wasn't sure about all of the different flavors, so I was trying to figure out which one of the flavors suited my dogs the best. And I noticed that whenever I would change flavors from bag to bag, there's a little bit of itching in my dogs. But otherwise, I am extremely satisfied with the company and how the dogs like the food and that it's healthy for them. It's one of the few that they like and it's good for them.

There are five flavors that my local hardware sells, so I was trying to figure out which one my dogs like the best. When I did that, I couldn't figure out why they were itching. And then, when I did a little more digging, because I know when you switch from food to food, that sometimes allergy arose, but I never thought of flavor to flavor in the same food. And I can't nail down that that was the exact reason. It could've been environmental factor. Other than that, I like the packaging. I like the product. I'm very happy that we are part of a program where once we buy 10 bags, we get a bag for free. I like that.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have been feeding my two 7 yr old very sensitive white Boxers this kibble for the past 5 yrs with excellent results in overall health, no allergy issues such as skin, nails, coat, stomach. I do have to say that it is only the Pacific Stream formula that has accomplished these results. I discovered after many trials of isolating various food ingredients that our Boxers are allergic to poultry. Prior to switching to TOTW Pacific Stream brand, I was feeding them both Orijen or Acana brand in the initial 2 yrs of life and did find that my dogs did develop skin allergies with the poultry even in this superior quality kibble.

Once I switched them back to Orijen or Acana Fish ingredient the allergies stopped. However for financial reasons I needed to researched other "brands" comparable the the above mentioned without sacrificing my pets health and found the ingredients in TOTW to be the most comparable and reasonable to that of Orijen or Acana. I wished it possible to upload a photo of how strong and healthy they are since a picture is worth a thousand words! Proud White Boxer Mom from Florida.

Taste of the Wild response

Beautiful dogs! Thanks for posting their picture (and of you too). Pacific Stream has helped so many dogs. Our recipe contains more omegas than most other salmon based dog food out there and it does seem to make a difference

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My cat was having trouble going to the bathroom & I was trying to find a cat food, which was Organic & had No Artificial Preservatives, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors. That's "NOT" an easy task, for animal or human food, etc.! There are words which mean the above, but the fronts & small print on labels claim to be free of the above. You "ALWAYS" need to "CAREFULLY READ" all ingredients in the "INGREDIENTS LABEL". A Food Ingredients Label should "NEVER CONTAIN" the words "ENRICHED", "BLEACHED", "REDUCED CALORIE" OR "LOW FAT"!

I had come across Taste of the Wild (was using dry food then) & liked the ingredients & bought it (I always bought the big bag, ("WHICH ISN'T LOCATED WITH THE SMALL BAG"). Gave it to my cat & after eating it for a couple of days, started being able to go to the bathroom again. It's higher priced than some brands (but "not as high" as others), but worth the price, if you have the money. Taste of the Wild Dog & Cat Food can be purchased at Tractor Supply. If you do not have one close to you, you could always go to there website & they do have a Facebook page. Thank you to the makers of Taste of the Wild!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

When I moved in, I adopted my partner's dog, Kiera. He would have been using the Taste of the Wild for Kiera because it's mostly meat and it's like the full protein diet. She's a Stafford terrier, and she's been having Taste of the Wild for about four years.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We have mixed 3 years old dog. We gave him this food for the last 2 years. In the last 5 months our dog passed out almost 10 times. We took him to the doctor and firstly he made a wrong diagnosis of epilepsy, so we took him to Neurologist and once he examined him he said that it is not an epilepsy, but heart issue and that we MUST go to Cardiologist ASAP. The Cardiologist said that our dog's heart is in critical condition and he can get cardiac arrest in every moment. She recommended us to stop with that food ASAP and gave us pills.

Now we give him 5 pills in the morning, 1 in the noon and 5 in the evening, it costs 150$ per months and we hope that everything will be OK and we will see improvement in the next meeting with our cardiologist in the next month. After we read the FDA research we sure that all of this caused because of this food. Our dog was very happy and energetic before we started to give him this food. His heart got bigger and his heart rate in rest condition is 225 bpm. He has a leak between his heart partitions. :(

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I have two dogs, one is a full-bred German short-haired pointer, who eats and does very well on Taste of the Wild. She is an adult dog at over two years old, and we feed her a total of four cups a day of the High Prairie Canine Recipe with roasted bison and roasted venison. And she has been great. However, my other dog, a mixed breed, seems to get diarrhea on Taste of the Wild.

We started both of our dogs off of TOTW, but since the mixed breed did not do so well with it, we switched both of them to a new stuff. He did really well on it, but my GSP lost a lot of weight. The newer stuff is more expensive than TOTW, so then we decided to put her back on TOTW and he went on the new stuff, and that’s how we’ve had it for the last year. So depending on which dog, the reaction would be different for different recipes. But we’ve been buying Taste of the Wild for over a year, because we believe in it. It’s good stuff, and it works for our GSP.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We have been using Taste of the Wild for both my dog and cat for about eight years. I read a lot of really good reviews about it and I like the ingredient list. My dog has been at it since she was a puppy. She has always been healthy. Also, I try to mix the formulation up for both of them. There were only three options for the cat, and so I go from Lowland to the Pacific Stream to whatever.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My parents used Taste of the Wild for their dog, and we went with that as well when we got ours. Our black Lab mix dog has had Taste of the Wild for 8 months now. We get the Venison formulation that comes in a tan color package and he likes it. At one point, we switched him off of it but he didn’t like the new food, so we went back to Taste of the Wild.

Taste of the Wild expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Taste of the Wild makes pet food for cats and dogs. All of its pet food products are grain free and include a range of ingredients, including meats, fruits, vegetables, antioxidants, chelated minerals and probiotics. Taste of the Wild focuses on producing nutritionally balanced pet food products that help support and enhance pet health.

• Focus on nutrition: Taste of the Wild enlists the help of veterinarians and other pet care professionals in developing nutritionally sound pet food products.

• Guaranteed probiotics: Every pet food formula contains guaranteed probiotics intended to aid digestion and support a healthy immune system.

• Real meats: Many Taste of the Wild pet food formulas contain real meats and fish, such as lamb, venison, bison, trout and salmon.

• Purified water: All of Taste of the Wild's dry pet foods are made using water purified using reverse osmosis in order to remove pathogens and potentially harmful chemicals.

• Ancestral-style diet: The company produces pet foods similar to the diet cats' and dogs' ancestors once ate, giving each pet formula a blend of tastes and varied nutritional profiles.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Taste of the Wild Company Information