It's that easy Request Information
4.32/5
Based on 715 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

959 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We recently ran out of our dog's food so my husband stopped by a local big name grocery store and brought home a big yellow bag of yuck. Our dog would not even sniff it. He had scrambled eggs that night and the next morning we were at the Feed Store bright and early for his usual food. Taste of the Wild dry dog food is his preferred food. I don't need to blend flavors when I switch them up because he loves them all. Since switching to TOTW he also no longer has constipation issues.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Taste of the Wild has been amazing for our dogs, especially my little man that has severe allergies! Almost every other brand snuck chicken in there somewhere, but not Taste of the Wild! This has been the only food that he doesn’t react too, and they love it!! Would never switch when we have found the best!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Seriously the best dog food out there. Not only does my pup love the flavors, but it keeps her coat shiny and her energy high. We go in every 3 weeks and she chooses her own bag. It's wonderful! Price is excellent, the look of the bag is pleasing, the size of the kibble is perfect! Thank you guys for such an awesome product!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Our two Samoyeds love your dog food. We don't have any problems with their eating habits and our Vet says that their weight and muscle mass is right in line. We love that our boys are happy to eat it and that it is made in the USA, even better Missouri! I have picked up samples of your cat food to see if our picky kitty would like it. Have been feeding the dogs your food for over 2 years now.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Our competition yellow lab had trouble keeping weight on due to his activity level. After trying several options, Taste of the Wild was the only one that had enough protein and nutrients to help him maintain a healthy weight. That was 9 years ago, we’ve never tried anything else. Now his son, our black lab, eats it also with great results and beautiful coat.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have been feeding my pets Taste of the Wild for years, first my dog and then my cat (both wet and dry). Neither of them have grown old of it! Taste of the Wild makes quality food that I feel good about paying for and feeding to my animals!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I've had my German Shepherd on Taste of the Wild since she was about one when I figured out she doesn't do well with grains. Every bag we'd switch up what kind and she's always done well. Recently though, old age has set in and we've discovered she does best with duck or fish. Her poor sensitive stomach can't take most proteins anymore. It's been wonderful to have options and still be able to give her a little variety.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My dogs are small pug mixes. They have allergies to most major dog food brands. They had skin issues until I change to Taste of the Wild. I have no problems with their skin now. They have better coats, better attitudes... no scratching themselves to the point of bleeding. I highly recommend Taste of the Wild.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My puppy (1 yr old) for the past couple weeks hasn't been interested in her food. Stopped feeding treats, still continued to not want to eat but she would eat eventually. Opened a new bag, and she got sick within 5 days. Was barely moving. Started a bland diet, within 2 days she is herself again. Now my older dog whom is still on TOTW Prey, is acting as she did 5 days ago. Eating grass, not wanting to move, not interested in his food. I think this food just over time affects them internally. I tried calling the company, waiting on a reply, but until then both dogs will be eating a bland diet until I can find something that won't make my babies sick as well as be safe for their allergies.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Our 15 month English Setter, has been solely on TOTW, in June our dog came down with severe diarrhea, vomiting, we immediately took our dog to vet who said it was something our dog ate; we had just purchased a new bag of TOTW lamb a day before she got sick. We called the store where we purchased, they had no reports of dogs getting sick from TOTW products. Sent an email to TOTW, and received a prompt response and refund check was sent.

A week later our vet called and said our dogs fecal test had showed Giardia, which had to be from a contaminated water source - not the dog food. Long story short, thought the illness had to be from the recently purchased dog food (was just a bad timing) but it was from our dog getting into water on our property that was exposed to wildlife, and was contaminated with the Giardia parasite. We immediately put our dog back on TOTW, and have adjusted our E fence to ensure our dog is not exposed to standing water (we live rural). Thank you TOTW for a great product and excellent customer service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I am speaking for Charlotte, my border collie, who loves the food. She is healthy and thriving at a perfect weight eating the stuff. She also loves that it is made in USA. The only part that she wishes would change is the price, but she doesn't want a drop in quality, so she understands that part too.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We are very careful what we feed our eight-year-old German Rottweiler. We have found that the Taste of the Wild dog food meets all the quality standards that keep our dog healthy and happy. The grain free product that is made with quality American ingredients is an excellent basis for our dog's diet. We are pleased with these great products and the good diet it provides for our dog. Thank You.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I switched my 3 blue heelers to this food 3 years ago and noticed a marked difference in their energy and coats. I mostly feed pacific stream but will mix in a different flavor now and then. Although it is very expensive with few promos that I've found, it's been a great food that I'll stick with as long as I can.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have three high energy dogs in my house on the bison and venison formula. They are 15, 7, and 4 years old and all do great on this formula! The only formula they’ve ever eaten which doesn’t make them gassy or give them tummy issues. They are all high energy, including the 15 year old, and this formula gives them the nourishment they need to continue with their shenanigans all day and late into the evening!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Switched my English setter to Taste of the Wild about two years ago she seems to be doing quite well on it. The food is palatable for her. The price is reasonable. She is 10 years old and remains healthy and active for her age.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My dogs are happy to chow down on their buffalo and venison Taste of the Wild dinner, and in fact, I occasionally put some in my pocket to substitute for treats. It's fine with them! Meanwhile, I feel good about giving them a grain-free diet. It costs more, but worth it to me to know I'm not filling them up on indigestible ingredients such as corn.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Before finding Taste of the Wild my dog had a skin disorder where we needed to purchase an expensive ear salve to make sure he was receiving enough moisture to his keep his fur on his ears. We found out it was due to his diet and decided to try the Pacific Stream variety of food due to the Omega 3’s. Over a year later and we have no longer had any skin issues and Charlie’s coat looks better than ever, thanks to his food and balanced diet!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

When I picked up my puppy from the breeder he had been eating Taste of the Wild for a few days so I kept him on it and now have switched my older dog to this brand and they both love it and do well on it. I am glad that they're all natural with no bi-product.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I found Taste of the Wild roughly 5 years ago. My pitbull was having major skin issues and I was tired of having her on steroids constantly and the vet's recommendation was to put her on an allergy medication that has been shown to cause cancer, no thanks. That’s when I found Taste of the Wild. I think it only took around a week for us to see a major improvement in her skin. Her fur was growing back and looked healthy and shiny and her skin flaking started to slow down. She’s been on it ever since and I will never switch. I recommend it to anyone with similar issues.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I learned about Taste of the Wild from my daughter. When our Standard Poodle joined our family, I began her on Taste of the Wild as a puppy. She is 1 1/2 years old now, and everyone comments on how beautiful and healthy she is and especially on her white teeth (although most people think she's a "doodle" since we don't cut her like a traditional Standard Poodle). We are completing therapy-dog training this month and are so proud of her development and her fun-loving nature. She is a part of our family, and we only want the best for her - Taste of the Wild is the best of the best when it comes to dog food!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have been using this dog food for 4 years now and I am very pleased with it. My dogs love it and they look and feel great. I would recommend Taste of the Wild to any dog owner large or small dog, they will both benefit from excellent formula of dog food. This is a must try. Thanks and good luck.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This is a fantastic dog food! Great, grain-free nutrition at a great price. Taste of the Wild also offers a Prey line which has 4 key ingredients or less, including an animal protein source, lentils, tomato pomace and sunflower oil. Taste of the Wild is also made without artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Dogs enjoy the flavoring and leave nothing left in their bowl. My dogs will eat any of the flavors and enjoy them all. The one dog has a bird allergy so a few more beef choices would be good. Would be nice to have a lower protein food for my Great Dane, something around 20% protein.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We started Nelson (2 y/o Belgian shep-Labrador mix) on ToTW Bison and Venison around two months ago and my gosh, does his squishy poop stink like an actual dead venison on the road. He also gets super gassy and stinks up the apartment. Smells like a rotten version of the food. Very unpleasant. On the other hand he seems to enjoy the taste of his food very much and it looks like it is healthy enough since he is not constantly shedding anymore. So, mixed feelings here.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

You want a good solid diet for your dog. This is it. More of what my dog needs instead of fillers, dog had great energy wonderful coat! Taste of the Wild is amazing! It also has made my pets waste solid as it should be, easy clean up. He has more energy an enthusiasm, can't say enough positive things about Taste of the Wild it's an all-around great food source for my dog. If you haven't tried it you should, try it for 14 days and you'll see the difference and you'll become a faithful customer along with your dog!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I love and rely on this food. It's healthy and great for my dog, he also loves it. It has all that great meaty taste that he loves. His health has been great since I started to feed him Taste of the Wild (Dry dog food). I would encourage you to give your dog what he/she wants in their food.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My dog has only been exposed to this brand. It is not the more expensive kind of dog food, but I think that it is still pricey. I bought the salmon flavored kind thinking that it would be good for his coat. My dog's coat feels somewhat dry. You might want to add something to the food to take care of that issue.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My dog is an English Bulldog-Boxer mix. He is quite active but loves to sleep a lot. He has a super sensitive, chicken allergy, and is also allergic to some grains. His previous owner went through a bunch of different food trying to figure out what would work for him because he kept having a really bad reaction to a lot of them. She had him on Taste of The Wild and I've had him for about a year and three months now. He eats all of the TOTW food and it keeps him active. It is the best because it has a really good balance and has both fiber and protein. I switch back and forth between Pine Forest and the Pacific Stream because they were only two that don't have any poultry in it. I usually stay away from any kind of egg product because I know he's allergic to chicken. He likes being able to change between the two proteins which really helps in keeping him interested in it. I also like that TOTW has a program where you buy 10 bags and you get one bag half off which is cool.

I talked to one of my co-workers yesterday because her dogs have been having really bad reactions to a lot of the food. One of them continuously has hotspots and now, her other one is trying to lick the puss and chews at his feet. They've been trying to find food that won't have any kind of reaction with one of them because one of them gets really bad diarrhea on most food. She has also tried grain-free and poultry-free. I told her that finding food that doesn't have any kind of poultry is really hard, so I told her to try TOTW Pine Forest and the Pacific Stream because I looked at all the other bags and they usually have some form of poultry products. Hopefully, TOTW will work for her.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Hello. My dog is using TOTW lamb for 2 years now. Recently I received a batch that had different form and colour and my dog developed like in 5 days allergy. After the vet decided to change the food another brand my dog is doing fine. I want to know if there is a problem only with this batch or you have changed the formula permanently. It is not ok that after 2 years of doing fine with this food to develop an instant allergy. This diagnosis is confirmed by blood test IgE. The site I ordered gave me a refund for the bag.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I've been feeding my miniature Australian Shepherd Taste of the Wild since she was a puppy. And it's been two years now. I use the lamb-flavored one. It's a decent brand and my dog likes it. I've had a positive experience with Taste of the Wild.

Taste of the Wild expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Taste of the Wild makes pet food for cats and dogs. All of its pet food products are grain free and include a range of ingredients, including meats, fruits, vegetables, antioxidants, chelated minerals and probiotics. Taste of the Wild focuses on producing nutritionally balanced pet food products that help support and enhance pet health.

• Focus on nutrition: Taste of the Wild enlists the help of veterinarians and other pet care professionals in developing nutritionally sound pet food products.

• Guaranteed probiotics: Every pet food formula contains guaranteed probiotics intended to aid digestion and support a healthy immune system.

• Real meats: Many Taste of the Wild pet food formulas contain real meats and fish, such as lamb, venison, bison, trout and salmon.

• Purified water: All of Taste of the Wild's dry pet foods are made using water purified using reverse osmosis in order to remove pathogens and potentially harmful chemicals.

• Ancestral-style diet: The company produces pet foods similar to the diet cats' and dogs' ancestors once ate, giving each pet formula a blend of tastes and varied nutritional profiles.

• Best for: Healthy active dogs, puppies and dogs that need to eat healthy.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Taste of the Wild Company Information

2009
www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business