Freshpet

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

You guys were fast to get back to me and I thank you for anything I receive in the mail. My dog loves the food and I will be glad to save a little bit of money for him. Thanks again for the best service!

Freshpet has been the best food for my 14 year old Boston terrier mix. He has a heart condition and I don't have to worry about ingredients or there being too much sodium. I know I am feeding him the best thing short of making it myself. He will dance and bark when it's feeding time because he LOVES it so much!! Thank you Freshpet!

Tried canned dog food then dry food, my two pugs would only eat them when they were extra hungry. Then I heard about Freshpet, tried it and they loved it. The only food they will eat. I highly recommend it for your pet. Made with fresh foods and so good for the pets.

Love the product, I have 2 dogs so it does get expensive. Would appreciate some coupons to help offset the cost. My dogs love it and I was wondering if you are ever going to come out with other flavors such as turkey or a mixture of chicken and beef?

My 3 rescued doggies are very picky. I was concerned because they were not eating properly. I tried to cook for them because the other brand's dog food often times they got sick & the odors were unpleasant. I saw Freshpet advertisement on Facebook, saw their reviews then I contacted them. I purchased Freshpet that same weekend and thank God my doggies love it. It smells great, clean, fresh & healthy. I'm so happy with their products, most of all my babies are eating. My problem is solved. As a pet parent I thank Freshpet for taking the time to provide delicious meals and treats for our furry kids. I would urge all pet parents to buy Freshpet. It's healthy & your pets will appreciate it. I always say if you're concerned about feeding yourself healthy food then do the same for your fur babies. That's why I'm recommending Freshpet. Thank you so much Freshpet & please keep up the good work. God bless you all.

Since I changed my dog to Freshpet a few years ago, he has lost weight because the ingredients are fresh and healthy meats and vegetables. I believe this food is good for my dog and he loves Freshpet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshpet?

I bought Freshpet on the recommendation of a friend who had a great experience with her pet. Our dog has itchy skin and hives, and her scratching would keep her - and us - awake at night. After a single week feeding her grain-free Freshpet, the hives were gone and the itching significantly better. We continue to give it to her and her skin is completely clear. Our family is thrilled with our Freshpet experience.

These are fresh, refrigerated dog foods. Love the "crumbled" chicken w/ vegetables and cranberries - and the "rolls" - both the beef and the chicken & turkey. I feed twice a day, the crumble in the a.m. - and one or the other of the rolls, which I slice and then cube. My dog (Chinese Crested) eats ONLY these food choices, and I know that the food is fresh and of good quality. I am able to maintain Sophie's weight at 12 pounds - all of the time, with this fine food. Her energy level never wanes, and I don't have to "second guess" how long the food has been laying around. It is slightly more expensive than the "average" dog food, but I feel it's worth the price just for peace of mind - knowing my dog is getting a nutritious, high quality food that she likes. I've tried at least twenty or thirty different brands with my dogs over the years, and this is - by far - my number one choice!

I have 5 dogs and all are very different eaters... one is VERY picky! I bought Freshpet one day figuring I had nothing to lose and I am so happy that I did!!! They ALL love it (even my foster dogs do)! They see me take it out of the fridge or even when I'm taking out of grocery bag and they get so excited and follow me around until I will open and give them a piece! So, I now cut up small pieces and sometimes give as snacks for them! Great food for my dogs and I'm so happy I took a chance and bought it!!!

My dog is a rescue over 12 years old and was suffering from organ failure. He was limping in pain and would swell up frequently. I tried many other dog foods hoping to find something he'd eat. When I finally decided on Freshpet I was concerned as it's much more expensive but I found him healthier seemingly each day (small things you notice but wonder about). After a month I noticed his fur was triple density and lush not dry but shiny. He's no longer having all over body swelling. He is more limber and walking better. It’s been a few months now of feeding him nothing else and he's the dog he was 7 years ago. Walking better, happier, moving well, and able to climb up and down from beds again.

I've seen the Freshpet ads about how good it is for your dog. As usual I have an, "yeah, right!" attitude. But this is amazing. I've been buying it at Walmart for about a year as an evening treat for our dogs. Virgil has a genetic condition (he's a chocolate dobie rescue from Mexico) that caused him to lose some of his coat. His fur wasn't soft and he was bald on his hind end. He also had scab-like crusty patches at the bottom of both ears. He was checked for a thyroid problem, but it was negative. It's taken a year, but his coat is much softer. Most of his fur has grown back . But yesterday, I noticed that the scabs are completely gone. His vet said they were permanent. Nothing else has changed in his diet. So I think Freshpet's claims are true. I can't wait to show his doctor the difference. I highly recommend this dog food.

Something interesting about Virgil is that he was was being raised as a bait dog, but he was too sweet to fight. So they kicked him out on the streets as a puppy and he had to survive on his own. He still has nightmares from it. We gently wake him and reassure him. He had horrible stomach issues too from all the parasites, etc. We're so happy that he can handle the Freshpet. He's just the sweetest boy.

Freshpet pet food saves lives. At the very least the food extends your pet's lifespan and adds to their quality of life. I realize I'm making some very bold statements but I do not say this lightly. I have spoken to many people in person while buying this food, and they all say the same thing. In one way or another their pets' quality of life has improved through the use of Freshpet pet food. For me my dog stop having seizures. Others have said the exact same thing. Through personal discussion and research online I have found many testimonials from people saying similar things. Their pets had a bad coats, skin issues or sores before, after Freshpet their coats and sores have improved or gone away. Also the pets had no energy but now they have lots of energy, it's like they're young again.

These are all the things I hear when people talk about their pet and Freshpet pet food. Also my dog was extremely picky & didn't like ANY dog food at all. I used to boil him chicken and make all kinds of people food for him. When he tasted Freshpet he loved it & can't get enough of it never, and never gets sick of it. The best part is his stools are always solid. I could go on and on and have never felt so strongly about a product in my life seeing is believing and the results are truly life-changing.

My beloved dog passed away the first week of November 2013, and I received a rescue dog 3 weeks later. I take rescue dogs and find good homes for them, but occasionally one will tug at my heart enough for me to keep. Gurley came to me weighing only 2 lbs., very undernourished, highly anxious, thinning, dull hair, not spayed. I was told she lived with an elderly invalid and was let to run loose, fed only once in awhile and then only fast food burgers and fries. I took her to the vet immediately, who said she was severely undernourished. He told me to give her a prescription dog food, but she did not like it and she was not flourishing because she wouldn't eat it.

A friend mentioned a dog food you get in the refrigerated dog food section of the grocery store or Petco. I figured I would try it as the prescription dog food was not working out for us. I bought the chub of Freshpet Select Grain Free Dog Food, and the first morning I gave it to Gurley, she ate the whole bowl right up! And she has been doing so for the last three and a half years. She now weighs five and a half pounds, is spayed, she has a beautiful coat, is happy and outgoing, lots of personality! I am thankful I took a chance and tried her on Freshpet Select Grain Free Dog Food, and highly recommend it to any pet owner who cares about their pet's health.

Freshpet Company Profile