Herbalife

43%

Compare Weight Loss Programs

Research top Weight Loss Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

12932people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Herbalife:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I've been using the Formula 1 shakes for 2 months now. I consume no other Herbalife product. I was overweight mostly because I was too tired and was drinking lots of sugary caffeinated drinks. I weighed in at 185 lbs. Now I'm down to 164. I have added no exercise, but I have cut out all drinks with sugar in them. I cannot say that the whole loss was due to Herbalife, but I'm happy with the product, and I continue to consume. I make my shake with whole milk. I did initially suffer from constipation, but after adding more water to my diet that cleared up. Now my wife has started consuming the product, and she also drinks the tea (peach flavored). She likes it. She's lost some weight, but she's still overweight. My mother-in-law has started using the product, and she's losing weight too. My brother-in-law started using the product, but he was dissatisfied and stopped using it.

I've been consuming a broad variety of Herbalife products every day since the summer of 1993. I very much appreciate the energy and feeling of well-being they provide. I don't consider them more important than my whole food diet or exercise habits; but, they have made a world of difference for me. For someone who wants to maximize nutrition while minimizing calories and increasing activity, I think these can be very worthwhile. If you don't like the flavor of the shake, try one of the other dozen flavors and consider mixing it with different milks or juices. There's an infinite variety of recipes.

These products are loaded with sugar and some caffeine. The combination can be deadly for some people, and it's disgraceful that people who are bodybuilders claim to use this stuff. I don't know about any of you but sugar shouldn't be the second ingredient in a meal replacement shake.

It is the worse product for weight lose! It's been 3 weeks on it! Am committed and exercising with 0 results. I think it s stopping my body from the normal weight lose! It's a complete waste of money and time!

Their shakes taste great. A few years ago, I tried Herbalife. Back then I've never heard of it. It was introduced by someone who set up a Nutrition Club (which was actually a Herbalife club, but I didn't mind that). I tried the meal replacement shake - I think it was strawberry. It was great, blended with oatmeal and banana. It won't substitute for a meal (in my opinion), but it would make a great snack alternative. I guess I didn't use the Herbalife system as it was intended for. But the shakes were great nonetheless. Thumbs up for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Herbalife?

Really I had a very bad experience with this horrible company. I joined this company as a senior consultant by paying 29000/- and I got that product which I could not sell. Even I was not in position to invest but I trusted the sponsor and invested. I didn't sell single product. My so-called sponsor KHAJA ** and ABDUL ** didn't even showed any concern. They are just behind taking money from people and making their own business. I request people please don't take such steps. They will make you see big dreams in a box but when you open the box it's nothing but obvious failure.

I started drinking Herbalife 7 days ago. I drink the F1 shake, Aloe, and Thermo tea. My coach told me to drink shake, aloe and tea in the morning. Eat usual lunch with aloe. Another shake in the noon and small dinner but reasonable portion. As soon as I drank my morning routine I felt awful. It makes me bloated, wanted to puke, hungry all the time, cold sweat, dizziness, headache. I thought WTH! Why am I having all of this symptoms? Is this food poisoning? I asked my coach and she said that it was good, I should continue.

Day 2-4 my hair started falling like crazy. I was going to quit but my coach said, "Don't, just stick with it and you will feel much better after the detox." And boy I did feel better. Started to feel better day 6, and I weigh myself first time since getting the products. I lost 2kg. I can't believe my eyes! 2kgs! I'm so happy! And since day six I've been feeling more energized, alert, hair loss back to normal.

The detox symptoms is lessened, no more bloating. A pimple came out. No more hungry feeling. Less craving (if I'm hungry I drink half shake). I feel a whole lot better, more healthy, and drank 3-4L of water per day. It helps! You should be drinking at least 3L water daily even if you didn't drink Herbalife. What I really like about this is that I stopped feeling tired & sluggish. But I've also read many reviews where it didn't work. I feel bad because if it didn't work then it's a big waste of money. Thankfully it worked for me.

I first used Herbalife on 2014, for like one month. A friend push me to it. I was totally out control. I had gained so much weight. I loss some pounds, but I couldn't buy it any more, I wasn't working. So I always working out, eating healthy, but always very tired, sick, pain everywhere. My daughter last year starts working out in one of those Herbalife clubs. I told her, "Be careful, they will force you to get into their crazy business." Well time passes, my daughter finally is getting to her ideal weight. She started talking to shakes, and friends start it asking, so they go we her, they buy the products from someone else. So yes she signed up. She is happy, sales the products. Well back to me, I'm tire of being fat tired all the time. Think people like me need a very control program.

My daughter give me as part of Mother's Day the 3 days start kit. I was like "well, what I have to lose?" She weight me, 209.00 I'm only 5.4. My BMI 38, and body fat 50%. My age according to that 70 years old, I'm only 49 years old. Nice that is what you want to hear on Mother's Day lol. Monday I started my new program 1 shake in the morning, 2 snacks 1 colorful meal and another shake at night. I'm walking 20 minutes at lunch, started 2 weeks ago, and doing Zumba 4 times a week. Not one pound less. But from Monday to today, I had loss 4.5 pounds, Fat 49% and BMI 35% from 38 what??? And now I'm 69 yrs old according to the results. I know I have long time to go, but this is a very good start.

This is not a temporary solution. It's a lifetime comments why I want to be here longer and healthy. What I been doing in the last 6 yrs is not working. I want to keep reporting my progress, and help other to do what is good for you. That I was hungry, between meals, Yes, but I drink water, tea or black coffee. If I don't stop now, I can get to 300 pounds, not way José??? I'm working very hard. I have more energy, I feel much lighter. God first it is a new beginning for me. The photo is from last Sunday 209. This Sunday I will take another picture.

I've been reading all these negative reviews about Herbalife and I have to disagree. I love the shakes and the tea and the Aloe. I'm down to pounds in 2 weeks and that's about all I can ask for. It's not a magic shake. You have to also exercise and eat right. Everyone is complaining about the products. I love them and I'm glad to have a friend that sells them. I've had no problems the past two weeks and I'm feeling pretty good about myself at this point. The shakes taste great and truly fill me up, I'm eating less and moving more and isn't that the key to weight loss after all? Herbalife isn't a magic cure for weight loss. It's just an aid to help speed up the process but some bodies store their fat when you eat less. Maybe it's not for your body, but overall it's a great product and I recommend it.

I bought the Herbalife Shampoo and Conditioner because the person selling it to me said a friend of theirs is a hair stylist and told him it works wonders on hair! I have naturally curly, very thick hair; I used this product for a little over a month and it made my hair oily, dull looking and did absolutely nothing for the frizz. It also caused it to go a bit flat I.E. nowhere near as much natural curl as I had prior to use. It doesn't smell good at all and every time I used it, I didn't feel like my hair was even coming clean. To top it off, I couldn't even brush or comb through my hair normally during use because it caused my hair to tangle a lot more easily.

I've tried the shakes; they're pretty good tasting but I wasn't a huge fan of them either aside from taste. I really didn't notice anything significantly change in me except that I was more hungry! Overall my experience with Herbalife was not wonderful. And the aloe drink that they sell is EXACTLY the same product as the aloe sold by another get rich quick company called Market America. If you want a weight loss plan that's healthy, try the Purium cleanse. I love that! Herbalife however is just not for me.

I’m a martial artist since 14. I’m a ** winner. Iron Maiden style – period. I’ve started with NRG + form 1 + protein. At 5th NRG almost killed me. I went to hospital to measure my blood pressure. I’ve felt Bruce Lee at the moment of drinking it… But I’ve never felt so bad after some hours. It was like after a party with cocaine. I’ve cut NRG and only f1 + protein = I’m not hungry, I don’t want to train, I felt tired. I think this is **. It’s probably good for some sick, obese people. Not for real athletes with natural stamina, etc. I’ve an appointment with a dr. on Monday. What am I doing???!!!

I started Herbalife April 5, 2016. I started with the Protein shake with the meal plus the Aloe with the tea, appetite control pill, am & pm pills & fiber pill... First week I went from 196 to 187. Yaaayyy! I thought so I made sure I didn't cheat and today I weighed myself and I'm at 190 wth!!! I called my rep. She said we have to meet and maybe I need to take the hormone pill... Another pill. I don't even take Tylenol and all of a sudden I'm popping 11 pill a day like crazy and it's not working not to mention all the water I'm drinking. I'm sorry but I don't think this is for me. I'm not only bombed out, it stop working. I'm also out a few hundred bucks.

I have tried many MLM companies in my life but Herbalife is by far my greatest disappointment. I didn't even like the products themselves and ended up recruiting new distributors at all costs. My clients weren't happy with the products either and one of them had a severe reaction to them =(. In the end Herbalife was more stressful than anything and I don't recommend it at all. Good luck!

For four years I've watched and watched one after another people receiving amazing results. I realize that in all my years of working out by myself and little knowledge on weight loss, that I hit a wall on losing weight around my stomach. A month ago I purchased my very own Herbalife package. In it was two flavored shakes: one protein mix tea, Cell-U-Loss and Thermo-Bond. Within my first month I lost 9 pounds (you can see my results on Instagram at **) and gained plenty of energy and muscles.

I'm not sure what many was told by the people that sold them the product, but the person that sold my package to me explained that, "I have two shakes a day and one full nutritious meal", just like everyone explained. But in addition to that, I could have a mini meal (nutritious) with my shake, also to have a snack (nutritious) within every 2-3 hours also to drink plenty of water. I eat all day but the gaps are so well-planned out I'm burning off the food previously before I eat again thus keeping my metabolism high all day in addition to a 20-30 min workout three times a week.

I read that people have had bad pooping issues but I read clearly on the back of the Formula 1 and all other packages that before taking the product, one should meet with their physician, which means to me, "find out if your body can handle the product" because people might have health issues with soy or caffeine. Be careful and read the information on the back of the product and if your distributor fails to explain any of the suggested info to you that I mentioned here, contact me at ** and I'll do my best to assist you with your issues with the product.

I was fooled by an agent to buy 100 euros worth of products. Everybody wants to get skinnier, I wanted to gain weight. Actually I didn't wanted anything, but someone recommended me to measure myself because is free and they can tell me what can I do to have more energy. In theory I think they are right, I need to gain weight, so I reach the normal parameters and the energy will come with it, and suddenly it sounded like a good idea to try something new since with the food is not working. The agent gave me a shake to try it, he said is his dinner (I feel so sorry for him now), it was not bad at taste, but I felt my stomach bloated the whole evening. Not saying that was sweet and artificially flavoured and this will become irritable very soon if you use it 3 times a day.

Me as a vegan I should have spotted this from miles away, but I was weak and I was fooled. After I purchased two shakes and two boxes of magical pills the plan was to start from the next morning. I put 2 spoons of powder in my usual smoothies (breakfast) but couldn't finish it till noon, I had the same bloated stomach feeling. This was the last attempt. The agent called me 3 times but didn't answered yet, of course he did and he'll do it again, I'll try to return them but reading these reviews might have 0 chances. Lesson learned: never ever buy something expensive and dubious without investigating first, and the sad thing is I had plenty of time to investigate while I was there.

I am concerned about the price of the products of Herbalife. Yes I am satisfied with the products and I do enjoy using them. It is making changes in the life of my family. My mom has diabetes and I see how using the breakfast has brought changes for her. My main concern is the price that is on the product. I want to know the following. Does Herbalife work at recycling? Because the package from each product is made from such good material that I believe it can be recycled and also hope that this can bring down the cost of the product. The people who can use this product to improve their health may not be able to afford Herbalife products and this is very sad. I would love to see more persons benefiting from this product.

I notice most people talk bad about Herbalife but I personally love Herbalife. I started using it end of Nov 2015 and I have lost 7kg already. My body has been transformed in a good way. Even my skin glows because of the good nutrition I am taking in. I have learnt how to eat well as I am 2 shakes and a healthy meal a day. I can recommend it to everyone and anyone. It's worth every the cent!

I have been using Herbalife products for just over one month. I have had great success with all the Herbalife products I use. From the shakes and supplements to the shampoo, conditioner and body wash. I have dropped over 21lbs. in 4 weeks and haven't felt this healthy in years. I have plenty of energy and can't give these products enough praise for my ongoing transformation from fat to fit.

If I could give this no stars I would. The product is absolutely terrible. That is just the beginning! When you go to return unused products they will make it seem like everything will be refunded very smoothly but that is the complete opposite. You will spend hours trying to get a hold of someone on the customer service line then they will be absolutely no help. They will tell you they will call you back and they won't do that either. The company is an entire scam. I sent my products back in February and I am still waiting for this so called company to refund my money! ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SIGN UP FOR HERBALIFE!

I changed my email address, wanted to order products. I find customer service crap. They changed email, still cannot get into my account. Charge me more if I order by phone. Pulling my hair out.

I have been taking Herbalife products for a couple weeks now, and I have already lost 9 pounds! I wonder if some of these other reviewers actually tried the products, as I have had none of the issues that some of these others have had. I feel so much better since I have been using the products. I love the taste of the formula 1 shakes, and I have been drinking the tea in the afternoon. I have been replacing two of my meals (usually breakfast and lunch) with shakes, and then eating a healthy, balanced dinner. I feel energized, focused, and more motivated since I started. The prices are really decent compared to other nutrition companies as well.

True, people that all of a sudden intake more fiber and protein may have more/irregular bowel movements, but that is just your body reacting to the change in nutrition. It doesn't matter if it is Herbalife or another protein shake by a different company, your body still needs to adjust to the extra protein, and everyone knows (or should know), that increased fiber means your bowels move quicker = your body has to adjust. You can't just change your diet or nutrition, and all of a sudden expect your body to react just as quickly as you changed. You need to give it some time, follow the guidelines from Herbalife, and you will feel great and lose weight!

I tried to use Herbalife products last year (Dec. 2015). I bought the shake formula, aloe and tea. I was advised to drink the aloe, tea and shake every morning and avoid eating high carbo diets and meats (except chicken and fish). I did not have any result after the 21 day period. I thought that maybe because I did not follow much the instruction. I admit that I cheat, I eat my usual diet because of the holiday season. So January of the following year, 2016, I decided to buy again the product, the same formula. Aloe, tea and shake but this time they intensify the amount of products to be consumed.

The agent requires me to take aloe, tea and shake in the morning, tea, aloe and regular healthy food at lunch and aloe, tea and shake for supper. Aside from this, I have to consume lots of fluids the whole day, that makes me have 5x extra trip to the CR to pee. I am also required to have a 30 mins. exercise. I follow all the instructions. I am now on my second week but see no changes even a small decrease in weight. My coach told me that maybe I am not following the procedure but that's not true.

I am barely eating real food. How come it still don't work? They advise me to take another product, the vitamins and minerals, and so I did. I take it 2x a day. But still no result. They want me to buy another product, the fibroherb, but I guess that is too much, I am spending a lot of money for the product. And I am not happy with the result. I am giving Herbalife 2 weeks chance to effect their promised weight loss for me, after that if it still won't work, then I will stop consuming their product anymore.

I started using Herbalife last week. I experience headache and a bit of dizziness which I assumed was due to the change dies as I had replaced my two meals with Herbalife shake. Would have a fruit in the morning around 0900, boil two eggs around 1200 and then have the shake around 1500. Came weekend I cheated big time as I ate everything I avoided during the week but I was not bothered as I told myself it will not happen again, Monday morning I was so constipated as hell, I am in pain as I am writing this review. My bums are on fire, can't even go to the loo to pee. I regret the day I joined Herbalife.

People with bad coaching experiences. I had taken these products since 2012 and I love all of them. People should know who they are dealing with and if they are getting trained on a regular basis by company standards. Caffeine is caffeine, if you are sensitive to it you will not like it. If you are not used to fiber you will notice it. Is not the product, people are not used to it. Never buy one of these products from Amazon or any other site that does not have a direct Corporate server address. For all those people that feel they have been taken, you can call Herbalife and talk to them directly, headquarters is also very serious about people with complaints about the product itself. You should write them instead of here.

I was told to take the product before my biggest meal and it would block the gluten and make me feel full so I eat less. Next day I had awful diarrhea and I was not told this. I took pill in the morning instead hoping for better results but the same thing happened. I could not get out of the bathroom. I have not taken anymore pills. The pills have not produced the effects I was told. I will not be ordering anymore pills. Beware the diarrhea is pretty bad!!! No one has reviewed on this product.

I am sorry that any of you felt scammed by Herbalife. I however was not. I love the product. You cannot just do the shakes, you must use the cell activator with it (at least). It opens up cells in your body to absorb the protein properly. Due to our hormonal society of food. Our body has a hard time absorbing nutrients correctly in the body. Anything in a fruit or vegetable you buy at the store that has any chemical additive in it. The body will not recognize therefore will think of it as waste and will not absorb it.

I have taken all the minimum recommendations of this product without doing a vigorous exercise. Products as in metabolic tea, shakes, cell activator, multi-vitamin, and my favorite Aminogen (works great to bring skin back to its original form from weight loss). And yes the product is pricey. But I am going to be getting back on it. It's worth it. Another thing you are not suppose to mix any other protein products with this. It ruins the cell make up of the product. And if you mix you will gain and see no results. Compare... straight whey protein shakes to Herbalife. Blend both up. Herbalife does not separate, it absorbs while whey does not absorb (which means if it doesn't absorb water it doesn't absorb in your body).

Started taking this product 11 years ago when I was only 12 years of age. I was 10 kgs underweight and unable to gain no matter how much I ate. With Herbalife I gained 10 kgs in about 6 months and have managed to maintain my weight the past 11 years! My whole family is on it too, and the health changes they've experienced are simply amazing! Apart from that, I've been helping my friends and peers lose weight, get more concentration in their studies, and live healthier, active lifestyles. Definitely would recommend this to anyone who's willing to make a LIFESTYLE change. This isn't a part time or temporary change.

I buy the tea, the aloe and the pina colada shake once a month. One for my work and another set to have at my house. I take these shakes for breakfast and lunch (during work). I lost a total of 15 Pounds in 4 MONTHS!!! I worked out (a lot of treadmill running) for 30-45 min 4 times a week and had cheat meals Friday and Saturday. After a while you get tired of drinking shakes but it's worth it, you feel more energized and happy! I always switch flavors when I am tired of one!

I'm 6'6 and I was 314 pounds. Was diagnostic with high blood pressure and I needed to start taking care of my health since I wasn't 20 years old no more like we all think we are. So I started on the product and I replaced breakfast with a shake and dinner with a shake, for lunch chicken or steak with salad and I didn't cheat with garbage food. I had snacks like healthy bars or fruits to keep full and not starving. I think the product works. You also need to at least work out 45 minutes - 1 hour a day. Not just sit at home, have your shake and expect miracles to happen when you're not working on it.

Been using the product for a month Plus I EXERCISE regularly and have lost 10 lbs so far. I haven't seen anyone mention exercise in their review. The product gives you energy so you can increase your activity level. Duh!

Expert Review

JJ VirginWeight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.    More about JJ→

A multi-level marketing (MLM) company, Herbalife markets skincare and weight-loss products. Among these weight-loss products are a meal replacement shake and a “Formula 1 Express Meal Bar.” They offer 3 programs for fat loss: Quick Start, Advanced, and Ultimate. The Quick Start contains Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake Mix, Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex, Formula 3 Cell Activator®, and Herbal Tea Concentrate.

• Choices: A choice of 3 programs allows the customer to decide what level (and price point) they want to pursue fat loss. The Ultimate program “contains the entire collection of Advance program products, plus added enhancers to help boost metabolism, rev up your energy and fight hunger.” If you’re simply looking for a meal-replacement powder or fat-burning enhancer, Herbalife has a selection of products to meet your needs.
  • Nutrients: Herbalife acknowledges that nutrients play a key role in fat loss. Their Weight Management Enhancers include Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex and, for blood sugar support, Snack Defense®.
  • Protein: The program emphasizes optimal protein and keeping blood sugar in check with their bars and shakes. Protein curbs hunger and helps balance blood sugar levels, reducing cravings.
  • Lots of soy: Soy is a protein source for their shakes, bars, and other snacks. Soy is a primary food intolerance that can create numerous reactions and stall fat loss.
  • Hard sell: Distributors are taught to sell products, not necessarily guide people through the fat-loss process. Instead of specific instructions about how to handle plateaus and other roadblocks, you may be simply instructed to buy more of their products. Conveniently, Herbalife has a plethora of supplements like Thermo-Bond® designed to enhance fat loss.
  • Minimal community: Anyone who needs specific guidance, pre-designed meal plans, or a forum to interact with others may find Herbalife frustrating to navigate.
  • Best for New moms, former athletes, busy adults and college students.

Compare Weight Loss Programs