Herbalife

Compare Weight Loss Programs

Research top Weight Loss Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Very unhealthy and expensive. My husband, daughter, and I all was using Herbalife. It was ok for the first 2 weeks. Then I started having stomach pains. I let my coach know, which in return she said to take something else that was Herbalife. My Hair started falling out and I let my doctor know. I was told to stop using Herbalife, since then I am not have the stomach pains and my hair is starting to fall out less. Avoid at all cost!

I tried the product for 3 weeks. I did lose 12 pounds. Very very happy however I noticed I felt more tired and I was starting to hold in water. I started to turn a little bit yellow, my hair was falling out, my fingertips wrinkly and I started to feel nauseous. Never once did I think it could be the milkshake from Herbalife product one because it's a milkshake right. At first I was taking the whole starter kit pack but after a while it was just the milkshake. I stopped the milkshake for a month. I felt more energy, no wrinkled fingertips, my hair was starting to grow back.

I bought it again. This time after one week the same thing started to happen again. I had a liver function test. My LT was over a hundred and my AST was over 40. Pretty high for being above the normal range. This is the only thing I was drinking I have no medical conditions. I stopped and retested blood work after 2 months. Everything went back down to normal again. I do not think this product is safe. Not sure what it is but it did elevate my liver enzymes.

When I first started Herbalife I felt great for the first month. Then the following month, my health started to deteriorate. My liver was inflamed and I started to lose an exceptional amount of hair. Although I lost 4 pounds in the first week, which was great, I do not suggest taking these supplements and shakes. Unless you're up for the challenge.

I have been on Herbalife for about a month. I feel great, I had my thyroid removed a couple years back and haven't am had any energy at all and always in a bad but since I started Herbalife I have so much energy and I'm losing weight healthy and have so much energy and I am no longer moody. In my opinion the individuals who are having issues I would contact your coach so they can go over it different meal plans and help you. If they are not available you can contact me ** and I can try and help you!! I love Herbalife.

I have been on the product for 4 days now. To be honest I feel like crap. I feel more tired. I don't feel energized. I just don't see any changes. I been doing my best to follow the instructions to the T and I don't know I'm not seeing any changes. But I will be back end of this month and follow and let you guys know how it's going so far for me. Before Herbalife I was working out and didn't lose a pound at all. Lol. So I paid a lot of money for this and it doesn't fill me up but I guess it's a matter of getting use to it. See you guys in the end of February.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Herbalife?

I did a 3 day trial and loved it enough to take the plunge. I've been doing the plan for 5 days now and have already seen results. My energy level has greatly improved and I feel great! I think two of the tricks to this is to drink LOTS of water and eat snacks and the one main meal that is high in protein. By doing this, I realized that the way I was eating before was not a lot of food, but were things that were high in fat, sugar, and calories. Now, I feel like I eat a lot of food even though it is high protein and fiber. I don't see how anyone is going hungry doing this plan. The shakes taste awesome also!

Ok so I started Herbalife around 6 months ago last year like on june 2016 and well I weighed back then 159 lbs total. I took the 2 shakes daily, the 2 snacks and the one meal. It was hard at the beginning but right now I'M used to them. I love it. I do. I'M not gonna lie because I have never felt better physically but, I also noticed that ever since I started herbalife like 1 month passed and I started to lose a lot of hair. I'M a women so obviously this was devastating to me because right now I feel very happy with my body but I'M sad because I have very little hair and so I decided to take 1 shake daily just to maintain my weight. It's been a month and I see tiny little hairs growing so I'LL keep you guys updated to how it goes. I've heard people that their hair has been falling off with herbalife so I'LL see if my hair grows back then mostly likely that was the issue.

I been using Herbalife meal replacements 4 months now and diet and exercise. What I can say is I haven't gained weight but definitely haven't lost any. I've wasted so much money looking for a plan to help me but I will say that I tried the tea and couldn't tolerate it and got a full refund.

I bought the product as an obligation to a friend, only to realize that they do not care so much about your friendship. I informed them that I was hypothyroid and they promised that it would not affect my condition. After consuming the product, my thyroid levels rocketed from 2.1 to 5.7!!! My fasting blood sugar has gone up and it has not come back to normal even after a year!!! DO NOT CONSUME HERBALIFE PRODUCTS!!!

I have been on Herbalife for 2 months. I wanted to see how I felt on the products and off the product. I work nights and I need to stay up and I am a mother of four. Since I have ever been on Herbalife I love the products and I love the shakes the tablets and the skin care line. I did join to get a savings and it's worth it. I haven't been able to work out like I want but changing my eating habits and having 2 shakes a day I have lost 4 pounds in a month. If you want to lose weight in a healthy manner then do the program. Some people try the product and think that in 30 days a big magic trick is going to take place. I NEVER endorse a product but this time I am. Because I can only tell you how I feel and I feel wonderful. I love the NRG tablets that gives me energy and I don't feel sluggish at all. I don't depend on coffee as a pick me anymore.

I started my Herbalife journey on Monday, October 24th, 2016. I knew I had to do something because I was not happy with my weight. I am only 5'2 and weighing 210, I was cranky all the time, nothing fits, and let's not even talk about the food I was eating. I decided to do Herbalife because my friend had great results, so I told myself, let me just buy it. I was only able to buy the shakes, due to financial reasons, but I figured something is better than nothing.

Day 1- the first time I tried it, I didn't know how much water to put or how much ice, so it was a little watery for my taste, but still better than other shakes I have tried. I had a piece of cheese for snack, an Atkins frozen food for lunch, some almonds for snack and another shake for dinner. I felt bloated, and even had to use the restroom a few times that night. Please keep in mind, that I am not regular. I would just go every 3 to 4 days. Day 2- tried the shakes with less water, but still too watery. Had the same foods as Monday, and lots of water. For some reason on Day 2 I was really thirsty. Day 3- Finally got the shake to look more like a smoothie, had the same foods as above. This time I feel like I've lost a few pounds, but I haven't weighed my since. I want to try to wait until it's been a week officially.

I recently got the three day trial from Herbalife. The shakes tasted really good, but at the end of the three days, it caused a lot of health problems for me. My stomach is very upset, I GAINED weight, have no energy and have been in a horrible mood for several days following the trial. Very disappointed and will be seeking a refund.

I've been using Herbalife products for four years now. I've also tried a large number of other diet plans and diet products. I found the ones that were cheaper, were horrible to take. Plans, similar to Nutrisystem worked but once you were off their overpriced food, you gained even more weight back. I'm not a distributor but I did sign on to get the product cheaper. I find, if made correctly, it's delicious and a great meal replacement! The supplements have gone a long way with helping me gain more energy so that I could move my lazy butt and get out and do some walking, riding and swimming!

I've learned portion control and even checked with my "professional nutritionist" who, by the way isn't with Herbalife, and she helped me pick the right supplements and made sure I was getting what I need. My coach, I think, has learned as much from me as she from me! Does it work? OMG, yes...down 60 lbs and it's staying away! Why? It has to be a lifestyle change and NOT a diet! Once you reach your goal weight, you simply go on maintenance and eat regular food with portion control!

I was recommended to take Herbalife from a personal trainer and have been using the product on and off. Now with many weight loss programs you have to workout and eat right. Been reading the reviews and from what I read they are not using the product right. I recommended that people research before they use any product. Now for me I do the meal replacement and the cellulose and multivitamins and the skin product. I am losing 2 to 1lb a week. I workout 3 times a week and watch how much I eat and plenty of water. Plenty of water is the key with any diet program.

This thing gave me headache, dizziness, dry mouth, and stomach problems! There is no money in it either! Don't believe anything what Herbalife distributors says. They just want your money!!! It's one of the biggest scam! Bad quality ingredients, nothing is healthy here it's can make you very sick, trust me! I have $15.000 in products and nobody wants them!!! People run away when I ask if you want a Herbalife shake!!! Scammers.

I don't know why Herbalife didn't work for some people. Being honest, my coach told me Herbalife isn't really important for me. All I need to do is eat right and do some exercise since my fat content was just 29.6. But I wanted to try Herbalife. I wanted to lose those fats around my belly and my arms and double chin to disappear. I'm a short girl, just 5'1" and I'm 20 years old. My weight was 51. And trust me, my bmi was fine too. But yet looking at my bulging belly I was not happy. Gym never worked out for me. So I stepped into Herbalife on August 3. Today is August 26 and now I weigh 45. That's my ideal goal. And really, weight doesn't matter for me. My belly fats has lessen so much I'm surprised myself. People started commenting that my face look slim like how it was one year ago. My thigh gap has started to come out. I'm so happy with this result and I'm still going to use this for my abs to get visible. Yes abs. I have started getting upper abs.

Isn't it awesome? I can wear crop tops now and don't have to wear baggy clothes at all. But yeah, I had a hard time in the beginning. Stomach bloating, regular nature call, water intake goal. My coach told me to take 2L water by the way. But after a week or so everything became well. I'm really happy. If you want to see my pics of before and now, I can show you. Happy with Herbalife. But damn too expensive for a student like me.

Okay Im not going to lie but Ive started it for only one day and I couldnt even drink. I had to force myself. I weigh 145 pounds & the drinks are making it even harder. My household not helping. We have nothing but unhealthy food. It's tempting low key just want to stop. I have drinking the formula 1 caffe latte. I did it with water. Im going to try milk. I guess I just need someone to lower my self esteem other than me.

I tried the 3 day trial from my sister in law, felt OK and lost a little so I decided to sign up with a membership. Wow is it expensive! Even with the discounts. Also, I found out it is full of sugar and soy which is not good, plus other junky fillers. The tea gave me a bad headache and dry mouth. Found an all organic product that works better and is wayyy cheaper! Plus I got to thinking about the whole wellness coach thing, and who really teaches it? Are they actually certified in nutrition?

As I read through all the reviews I am sitting here like dang! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am here to share mine. I have started Herbalife 2 months ago and love it. I have gained so much energy, lost 36lbs, and gained my confidence back. All I take is the formula 1 shake mix, protein bars, cell-u-loss, the tea, bev mix, the skin drink mix, and active fiber. I do the 2 shakes a day with a nice healthy meal. I also exercise 5 to 7 days a week too. Exercise is required for any meal replacement shakes in order for them to work. I am so grateful for these products because dieting on your own is not easy. That's where I started before being introduced to Herbalife. Dieting wasn't working for me at all. Now thanks to Herbalife I have learned how to eat healthy and manage how much I eat. I chose to be healthy for my kids and that's what Herbalife provides for me.

I've been using the Formula 1 shakes for 2 months now. I consume no other Herbalife product. I was overweight mostly because I was too tired and was drinking lots of sugary caffeinated drinks. I weighed in at 185 lbs. Now I'm down to 164. I have added no exercise, but I have cut out all drinks with sugar in them. I cannot say that the whole loss was due to Herbalife, but I'm happy with the product, and I continue to consume. I make my shake with whole milk. I did initially suffer from constipation, but after adding more water to my diet that cleared up. Now my wife has started consuming the product, and she also drinks the tea (peach flavored). She likes it. She's lost some weight, but she's still overweight. My mother-in-law has started using the product, and she's losing weight too. My brother-in-law started using the product, but he was dissatisfied and stopped using it.

I've been consuming a broad variety of Herbalife products every day since the summer of 1993. I very much appreciate the energy and feeling of well-being they provide. I don't consider them more important than my whole food diet or exercise habits; but, they have made a world of difference for me. For someone who wants to maximize nutrition while minimizing calories and increasing activity, I think these can be very worthwhile. If you don't like the flavor of the shake, try one of the other dozen flavors and consider mixing it with different milks or juices. There's an infinite variety of recipes.

These products are loaded with sugar and some caffeine. The combination can be deadly for some people, and it's disgraceful that people who are bodybuilders claim to use this stuff. I don't know about any of you but sugar shouldn't be the second ingredient in a meal replacement shake.

It is the worse product for weight lose! It's been 3 weeks on it! Am committed and exercising with 0 results. I think it s stopping my body from the normal weight lose! It's a complete waste of money and time!

Their shakes taste great. A few years ago, I tried Herbalife. Back then I've never heard of it. It was introduced by someone who set up a Nutrition Club (which was actually a Herbalife club, but I didn't mind that). I tried the meal replacement shake - I think it was strawberry. It was great, blended with oatmeal and banana. It won't substitute for a meal (in my opinion), but it would make a great snack alternative. I guess I didn't use the Herbalife system as it was intended for. But the shakes were great nonetheless. Thumbs up for me.

Really I had a very bad experience with this horrible company. I joined this company as a senior consultant by paying 29000/- and I got that product which I could not sell. Even I was not in position to invest but I trusted the sponsor and invested. I didn't sell single product. My so-called sponsor KHAJA ** and ABDUL ** didn't even showed any concern. They are just behind taking money from people and making their own business. I request people please don't take such steps. They will make you see big dreams in a box but when you open the box it's nothing but obvious failure.

I started drinking Herbalife 7 days ago. I drink the F1 shake, Aloe, and Thermo tea. My coach told me to drink shake, aloe and tea in the morning. Eat usual lunch with aloe. Another shake in the noon and small dinner but reasonable portion. As soon as I drank my morning routine I felt awful. It makes me bloated, wanted to puke, hungry all the time, cold sweat, dizziness, headache. I thought WTH! Why am I having all of this symptoms? Is this food poisoning? I asked my coach and she said that it was good, I should continue.

Day 2-4 my hair started falling like crazy. I was going to quit but my coach said, "Don't, just stick with it and you will feel much better after the detox." And boy I did feel better. Started to feel better day 6, and I weigh myself first time since getting the products. I lost 2kg. I can't believe my eyes! 2kgs! I'm so happy! And since day six I've been feeling more energized, alert, hair loss back to normal.

The detox symptoms is lessened, no more bloating. A pimple came out. No more hungry feeling. Less craving (if I'm hungry I drink half shake). I feel a whole lot better, more healthy, and drank 3-4L of water per day. It helps! You should be drinking at least 3L water daily even if you didn't drink Herbalife. What I really like about this is that I stopped feeling tired & sluggish. But I've also read many reviews where it didn't work. I feel bad because if it didn't work then it's a big waste of money. Thankfully it worked for me.

I first used Herbalife on 2014, for like one month. A friend push me to it. I was totally out control. I had gained so much weight. I loss some pounds, but I couldn't buy it any more, I wasn't working. So I always working out, eating healthy, but always very tired, sick, pain everywhere. My daughter last year starts working out in one of those Herbalife clubs. I told her, "Be careful, they will force you to get into their crazy business." Well time passes, my daughter finally is getting to her ideal weight. She started talking to shakes, and friends start it asking, so they go we her, they buy the products from someone else. So yes she signed up. She is happy, sales the products. Well back to me, I'm tire of being fat tired all the time. Think people like me need a very control program.

My daughter give me as part of Mother's Day the 3 days start kit. I was like "well, what I have to lose?" She weight me, 209.00 I'm only 5.4. My BMI 38, and body fat 50%. My age according to that 70 years old, I'm only 49 years old. Nice that is what you want to hear on Mother's Day lol. Monday I started my new program 1 shake in the morning, 2 snacks 1 colorful meal and another shake at night. I'm walking 20 minutes at lunch, started 2 weeks ago, and doing Zumba 4 times a week. Not one pound less. But from Monday to today, I had loss 4.5 pounds, Fat 49% and BMI 35% from 38 what??? And now I'm 69 yrs old according to the results. I know I have long time to go, but this is a very good start.

This is not a temporary solution. It's a lifetime comments why I want to be here longer and healthy. What I been doing in the last 6 yrs is not working. I want to keep reporting my progress, and help other to do what is good for you. That I was hungry, between meals, Yes, but I drink water, tea or black coffee. If I don't stop now, I can get to 300 pounds, not way José??? I'm working very hard. I have more energy, I feel much lighter. God first it is a new beginning for me. The photo is from last Sunday 209. This Sunday I will take another picture.

I've been reading all these negative reviews about Herbalife and I have to disagree. I love the shakes and the tea and the Aloe. I'm down to pounds in 2 weeks and that's about all I can ask for. It's not a magic shake. You have to also exercise and eat right. Everyone is complaining about the products. I love them and I'm glad to have a friend that sells them. I've had no problems the past two weeks and I'm feeling pretty good about myself at this point. The shakes taste great and truly fill me up, I'm eating less and moving more and isn't that the key to weight loss after all? Herbalife isn't a magic cure for weight loss. It's just an aid to help speed up the process but some bodies store their fat when you eat less. Maybe it's not for your body, but overall it's a great product and I recommend it.

I bought the Herbalife Shampoo and Conditioner because the person selling it to me said a friend of theirs is a hair stylist and told him it works wonders on hair! I have naturally curly, very thick hair; I used this product for a little over a month and it made my hair oily, dull looking and did absolutely nothing for the frizz. It also caused it to go a bit flat I.E. nowhere near as much natural curl as I had prior to use. It doesn't smell good at all and every time I used it, I didn't feel like my hair was even coming clean. To top it off, I couldn't even brush or comb through my hair normally during use because it caused my hair to tangle a lot more easily.

I've tried the shakes; they're pretty good tasting but I wasn't a huge fan of them either aside from taste. I really didn't notice anything significantly change in me except that I was more hungry! Overall my experience with Herbalife was not wonderful. And the aloe drink that they sell is EXACTLY the same product as the aloe sold by another get rich quick company called Market America. If you want a weight loss plan that's healthy, try the Purium cleanse. I love that! Herbalife however is just not for me.

I’m a martial artist since 14. I’m a ** winner. Iron Maiden style – period. I’ve started with NRG + form 1 + protein. At 5th NRG almost killed me. I went to hospital to measure my blood pressure. I’ve felt Bruce Lee at the moment of drinking it… But I’ve never felt so bad after some hours. It was like after a party with cocaine. I’ve cut NRG and only f1 + protein = I’m not hungry, I don’t want to train, I felt tired. I think this is **. It’s probably good for some sick, obese people. Not for real athletes with natural stamina, etc. I’ve an appointment with a dr. on Monday. What am I doing???!!!

Expert Review

JJ VirginWeight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.    More about JJ→

Herbalife was founded in 1980 as a weight-management program and multi-level marketing (MLM) company. Herbalife specializes in meal-replacement shakes and bars, as well as dietary supplements, beverage mixes and skin and hair care products. These products are marketed in categories including weight management, targetted nutrition, and energy and fitness. To purchase Herbalife products, customers must contact an independent sales representative, called a distributor; you can find a distributor near you through the Herbalife website.

• Choices: A choice of 3 programs allows the customer to decide what level (and price point) they want to pursue fat loss. The Ultimate program “contains the entire collection of Advance program products, plus added enhancers to help boost metabolism, rev up your energy and fight hunger.” If you’re simply looking for a meal-replacement powder or fat-burning enhancer, Herbalife has a selection of products to meet your needs.
  • Nutrients: Herbalife acknowledges that nutrients play a key role in fat loss. Their Weight Management Enhancers include Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex and, for blood sugar support, Snack Defense®.
  • Protein: The program emphasizes optimal protein and keeping blood sugar in check with their bars and shakes. Protein curbs hunger and helps balance blood sugar levels, reducing cravings.
  • Soy protein: Soy is the main protein source for their shakes, bars, and other snacks. This can be great for some customers, such as those who have dairy or nut allergies. Other customers may not tolerate soy as well.
  • Sales focus: Some Herbalife distributors may not be fully knowledgable about the product they are selling or the best process for your optimal weight loss. If you need more personalized feedback, you can use their website to send a question or concern and receive personalized feedback.
  • Nutrition clubs: As Herbalife has grown, they have implemented Nutrition Clubs in select communities to help encourage customers to meet their dietary and fitness goals. These clubs are social gatherings designed to support customers and distributors.
  • Best for new moms, former athletes, busy adults and college students.

Compare Weight Loss Programs