This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Herbalife is a multilevel marketing corporation that supplies dietary supplements to independent distributors. It sells protein shakes, snack bars and teas. For more information, see our picks for the best meal replacement shakes for weight loss.
Herbalife offers meal replacement shakes, weight loss programs and skincare products for dieters to manage their weight, care for their health and jumpstart a healthy lifestyle.
- Easy for on-the-go lifestyles
- Vegetarian options
- 3-day trial sample packs
- Available through independent dealers
I used to have back pain for months and I tried Xtra-calcium or joint support and this made my back feel better and made me more active.Read full review
I had lost 40lbs. with Herbalife products with no side effects. As with any diet or lifestyle change, you have to follow through to get results! … The distributors can be a little pushy, but my distributors were a great support system and wonderful cheerleaders...Read full review
What is Herbalife?
Herbalife offers weight-loss and health management products. Herbalife products are sold exclusively through independent distributors, often customers themselves, who have been trained and educated on the Herbalife system. Through the program, Herbalife also allows loyal dieters an opportunity to earn and work part-time or full-time from home.
With on-the-go drink mix packets, vegetarian shake mixes and high-protein snacks, Herbalife makes it reasonably easy for most people to follow the program. Herbalife consists of three core products — the Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix, Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex and Cell Activator. Their Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix comes in 10+ flavors and provides a balanced meal with 9 grams of fat and fiber for weight management. The Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex is a daily vitamin used to maintain essential micronutrients throughout the program. Finally, Cell Activator is an alpha-lipoic acid supplement, which can aid in the body’s processing of carbs and energy production.
How does Herbalife work?
The Herbalife program works by helping dieters limit their calorie intake while boosting their metabolism through supplements. The global nutrition company uses Herbalife Nutrition Distributors to sell their products, and you can buy Herbalife products online. Herbalife offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and can return products within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.
Herbalife offers meal replacement shakes, dietary supplements and other health products for dieters through the Core, Healthy Weight, Specialized Nutrition, Energy and Fitness product lines.
- Core Products: Herbalife’s flagship line includes the Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix, Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex and Cell Activator. Shake mixes come in many different flavors, and protein drink mixes are available in pea, quinoa, and rice protein for vegetarians. Suggested retail price for Core Products ranges from $25 to $42, with their Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix at the top of their price point.
- Healthy Weight: Herbalife’s Healthy Weight line offers products like the Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake, Total Control tea and caffeine metabolism enhancers. Herbalife also offers a three-day trial pack with six packets of Formula 1 Cookies ’n Cream nutritional shake and vanilla on-the-go protein drink mix packets, as well as two sample packets of Total Control tea and caffeine metabolism enhancers.
- Specialized Nutrition: Products in the Specialized Nutrition line include Joint Support Advanced, Herbal Aloe Concentrate and a women’s daily booster designed for new moms. Aside from the Digestive Health and 21-Day Herbal Balancing programs, most products in the Specialized Nutrition category can be purchased individually, starting around $13.
- Energy and Fitness: All of the products in the Energy and Fitness line are designed to help athletes recover faster and endure longer. Protein powders, fitness drinks and green tea supplements start at $37.35.
- Skin and Hair Care: This line was created to combat dry skin, wrinkles and acne blemishes. Full Herbalife SKIN programs for normal, dry or oily skin start around $100.
- Is Herbalife FDA approved?
- No, the FDA can’t approve Herbalife products since the FDA doesn’t approve dietary supplements or cosmetic items. However, Herbalife follows FDA regulations and standards in manufacturing its products and is subject to FDA investigations.
- Is Herbalife gluten-free?
- Some Herbalife products are gluten-free and recognized by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO). These include Herbalife’s Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake Mix, Protein Drink Mix Select and Herbal Tea Concentrate.
- Are Herbalife shakes healthy?
- Yes, Herbalife shakes are healthy in moderation. Herbalife’s shakes are designed to replace one meal per day, or as a snack as supplemental nutrition to a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
- Is Herbalife good for diabetes?
- Each diabetic case is different, so Herbalife suggests anyone with diabetes consult a medical professional before using their products.
- Are Herbalife shakes vegan?
- No, Herbalife currently doesn’t offer any vegan shakes.
- How much does Herbalife cost?
- Herbalife offers a variety of products and programs that start around $40 when purchased individually. For more specific price points, contact an Independent Nutrition Distributor.
- Can you drink Herbalife while breastfeeding?
- If you’re breastfeeding, Herbalife advises you consult a healthcare provider or medical professional before drinking or taking any Herbalife products.
- Where can I buy Herbalife?
- Herbalife is available through Independent Nutrition Distributors nationwide. To find a Herbalife distributor near you, head to the Herbalife website where you can buy products from one of Herbalife’s distributors online.
- Can you drink coffee while on Herbalife?
- Yes, however, Herbalife dieters should limit their caffeine intake based on their tolerance. Herbalife does offer a high-protein iced coffee for individuals looking to make caffeine a regular part of their weight management.
- Is Herbalife a scam?
- Many have labeled Herbalife as a scam because of the negative association attached to multi-level marketing (MLM) companies. MLM companies, also known as network marketing or referral marketing, use brand ambassadors to sell and distribute their products.
- Is Herbalife dangerous?
- Herbalife products don’t include dangerous ingredients; however, some dieters have reported unhealthy reactions that they attribute to the program. Experts in nutrition, science, and health who ensure all products comply with government laws comprise The Herbalife Nutrition Advisory Board. As part of their program, Herbalife trains their Independent Distributors and sales employees.
Is Herbalife worth it?
As supplemental nutrition, Herbalife products are suitable for some individuals who already have an active lifestyle. Herbalife products can only be purchased through Independent Nutrition Distributors, making it a less viable option for individuals looking for a quick and easy solution.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
I am very skeptical of reviews that get either a one or a five because more than likely emotion is a trigger factor in such extreme cases. I noticed that many of the ones that were given had to do with some "negative" experience that really has nothing to do with the products themselves. If you do the research you will find several scientific peer reviewed articles about Herbalife products and its effect on health.
No causation study has shown anything inherently wrong with the current Herbalife products themselves as having a negative effect on human health. However, there have been studies that showed a correlation between liver toxicity and high doses of green tea extract, comfrey and even aloe in rare cases. Also, anything can be considered toxic without moderation or if a food supplement is heavily relied upon without a nutritionally balanced approach. That is what seems to be the case in all of the reviews on this topic concerning Herbalife Products that got bad reviews.
My own experience with this product has been a good one because I try to take a very nutritionally balanced approach when it comes to supplements. I am 53 years old and before I started taking these supplements I weighed 197 and had low energy issues. After 3 months of a good balanced diet and Herbalife supplements, I have decreased my weight by 7 pounds and can run a mile under 7 minutes. Before taking these supplements I ran close to an 8 minute mile. My 43 year old fiance, who has been taking these supplements for 14 years, has never been sick enough to go to a clinic for any reason during that time.
So, what does the research say about products like Herbalife and their effect on human health. One peer reviewed scientific study: "A critical analysis of the hepatotoxicity cases described in the literature related to Herbalife® products" - Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences concluded that, "The correct and rational use of the supplements and dietetic formulations can contribute to promoting health and could yield benefits for users."
Why do I give this topic a 4 instead of a 5? Well, that has more to do with the cost and the fact that you may end up with a bad distributor than anything else. There is no correlation between these products and loss of hair, stress, back pain (which is ridiculous) or any other serious health issue. The fact that you have millions of satisfied long term users and relatively very few reported issues is probably due to other external or internal health issues that exist while taking this product. If you do not believe me then do the research (and secondary non-peer reviewed studies is not good research - also called science tabloid literature).
It's a very nice experience with this product. I can describe exactly the sensation that I think about it... It's is a food, snack, candy, drink or whatever you want but the best. It's good and healthy for our body..out and into.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I had lost 40lbs. with Herbalife products with no side effects. As with any diet or lifestyle change, you have to follow through to get results! Follow the routine: shake, snack, shake, snack, healthy meal. Snacks should be healthy! The distributors can be a little pushy, but my distributors were a great support system and wonderful cheerleaders for me! I was with the Baltimore, MD. community and the group is fun, supportive, and motivating. My experience has been great!
I Used their shakes for weight loss and it's a total loss. I bought this product as I have been told by an associate that it's very good for weight loss and that he himself used it for weight management. I followed each and every step what he told me but there was no result. I was not able to lose even 1 kilo of weight. Then he again said that you will have to continue with the supplement to see results. I again trusted him and I am very sorry to say that this was a very bad experience. They lie, cheat you and take your hard earned money... 1 word cheaters, liars...
I thought I’d try the protein coffee to keep me from getting hungry through the morning. It seemed harmless and did work to curb my appetite. I’m seeing lots of people who have lost weight on these products according to their reviews! Good for you but you must know that there are lots of products that help you lose weight. You can even lose it the old fashioned way with traditional diet and exercise which is probably the healthiest way.
After reading a large number of reviews I have come to this conclusion, I’m not taking the chance with this stuff! I too experienced the heart palpitations & seemed to have a case of pancreatitis! My liver didn’t like this product! This had nothing to do with the shop who sold it or bad communication with the seller. YOU CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF IF YOU MUST & if you have problems then write a review based on your experience. I’m not saying you will experience the same things I did but is it worth it to find out? Also check out the research on this product!
- 2,312,273 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Full cheat. They make me member with promise to guide and help in work. But after investment they cheat. The person get all product back. But not pay me yet. It's almost 9 month passed. I didn't get my money back. Nobody looks in matter. Even I don't know where I complaint about it.
If I could give this company no stars I would. I have never seen such a horrible level of customer service in my life. Not only did it take me almost a week to get anyone to respond to my concerns but I also paid for an order to be delivered overnight and didn't receive it for 2 weeks. When presenting the problem to Herbalife they claimed they would give me a full refund and it would take 3-5 business days which is the least they could do given the circumstances that it was their fault I had not received my products yet. That was a week ago yesterday. So I reached out to once again check the status of my refund and they completely took back saying they would refund me at all!
I save the transcript which states that I will get my refund. I would not recommend this company to anyone that actually wants to do a consistent reliable challenge. This company is known to be a pyramid scheme and this just proves that all they care about is money and not making their customers happy. Beyond disappointing.
Is a scam and handles business in a very unethical way. They take advantage of the old and uneducated victims who are lured by misinformation, chasing a goal that’s always so close to reach but never a reality, I invested so much and when they realized I was no longer useful they discarded me like they did to others complaining. Companies like this have always been getting away with it because most people don’t know they can get their money back. Luckily I found someone in these comments called Alex, the most reliable Asset Recovery Agent who took on my case and made sure I recovered everything I lost. You can email him here; **.
Doesn't seem to really fit my needs but am generally satisfied with product. Not really interested in trying anything else at the moment.
In my experience it is not good for health. I took two months this shake, meantime avoided tea, coffee, sweets, etc as the part of instructions followed by the club persons. And I lose only 1 or two kg weight invariably. But, my sugar level dropped down alarmingly then under treatment of health issues like headache - vision problem, etc... I can't recommended this product to anybody.
Herbalife Company Information
- Company Name: