2.6/5 (302 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Herbalife

Herbalife is a multilevel marketing corporation that supplies dietary supplements to independent distributors. It sells protein shakes, snack bars and teas. For more information, see our picks for the best meal replacement shakes for weight loss.

Pros

• Easy for on-the-go lifestyles
  • Vegetarian options
  • 3-day trial sample packs

Cons

• Available through independent dealers
  • Expensive

Bottom Line

Herbalife offers meal replacement shakes, weight loss programs and skincare products for dieters to manage their weight, care for their health and jumpstart a healthy lifestyle.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Herbalife Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Herbalife?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Herbalife?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

First thing to healthy lifestyle definitely eat correct nutrition to your body and exercise. Knowledge is important. No matter whether what product that you are consuming, ensure you know what you are taking. Believe your body reaction and feeling. Your body is your own responsibility. For me, taking this product helped me. I have tried many many type of dieting, yet this is the best solution. So if this doesn't suit you, then just ensure you go find your best solution suits your body. This is because it is not what you can eat, it is what you can absorb. To me, those product doesn't work for me, I just say that my body can't absorb. And I only believe by research and try it by following the correct step. I heard a lot of reviews that I am sure that outside have a lot of irresponsible distributor. Sometime it is not the company problem, is the distributor. Like how I used to be cheated by another company, but it was not because the product issue, is the distributor. So trust yourself and trust your body. It doesn't lie to you.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Hello, I tried this product once and nothing happened. It was the 3 day strict diet one. Then I decided to give it another shot and tried the shake. I literally gained weight and it was scary how quickly I did. I was using it for a month. I think my hormones may have been messed up due to this product.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Here’s the thing, I have Crohn's, my constipation is absolutely ridiculous. I can’t eat a lot of foods either, ( I have an ulcer). I started using Herballife about 3 years ago, on and off during my flare-ups. It helped me a lot, I honestly would not use it to lose weight, but the shakes help with my constipation, and they help me get something substantial in my body. I use a lot of the “extras” to add to my shake. I also have a family friend who sales me the products at 50% off, so it’s not killing my wallet. If that wasn’t an option I’m honestly not sure if I’d use them as much as I do, mostly because of their priciness.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Hi Everyone. Hello to all my Friends. My name is Rakesh ** and I remember my very first day when I saw one of my friend result and when he shared it's with the help of Herbalife. I did a lot of Googling and that time also came to this website and got confused rather to start my journey with Herbalife Nutrition or not. But today it has more than four years I am using this nutrition Products and feel Extremely Energetic. Let me clear few things guys which you all might confused when you go through reviews. 1. Herbalife is not a weight loss company. It's nutrition company which help you provide the meal replacement which fulfill all your nutrition needs. It's low in calories & high in Nutrition. 2. If you think this product will help you to lose weight you are totally wrong because Herbalife Distributors give the same nutrition for Weight Loss & Weight Gain so what is the difference.

The Difference is Calories Management. If you consume the shake and make deficit in your calories, follow healthy active lifestyle, you gonna lose the weight but at the same time if you consume the shake and at the same time you take your meal there will be no Result. Maybe you gonna gain some Weight. So what is the conclusion Guys. The Conclusion is if you want to drop body fat remember this nutrition just support you to complete your body nutrition needs. So if you follow healthy active Lifestyle, cut down off your extra calories, follow your coach guidelines, you gonna lose body weight...

My experience with this nutrition is I am using this from last 5 years. With the help of good Nutrition Healthy ACTIVE LIFESTYLE and right support my coach I lost 14 kg of body weight. Now I know exactly how many calories I have to consume throughout the day and I do follow it. Result my Weight is Maintain. So stop being misguided Guys. Just check does your coach have enough consumers and what does he promote? Only herbalife or Herbalife with Coach Education and overall Lifestyle Improvement all factors play important role for your body Transformation. Hope my review will help you to take a right decision. Thanks.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I ordered from Herbalife about 2 months ago and paid for a 2-7 business day shipping. I gave it a month before calling them. They had yet to even ship my order out, so it wasn't like it got lost in the mail or anything. I reached out to the distributor I made the purchase from initially and she wasn't helpful at all. She seemed more interested in selling me more products than anything. She said that she would take care of it but nothing happened so, I reached out to her again a week later, but she never responded. I called the company and they were somewhat helpful. They filed the complaint for me.

However, they said they would reach out to the distributor themselves and if they couldn't get a hold of her within 3 days they would reach back out to me and move forward with the process but they never did. I called them back over a week later curious what was going on with my refund. All they said was it was going to be another month. This order was less than $50 including the shipping, plus they already have all my information to give the refund. I have never received such poor customer service from a company before.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I am very skeptical of reviews that get either a one or a five because more than likely emotion is a trigger factor in such extreme cases. I noticed that many of the ones that were given had to do with some "negative" experience that really has nothing to do with the products themselves. If you do the research you will find several scientific peer reviewed articles about Herbalife products and its effect on health.

No causation study has shown anything inherently wrong with the current Herbalife products themselves as having a negative effect on human health. However, there have been studies that showed a correlation between liver toxicity and high doses of green tea extract, comfrey and even aloe in rare cases. Also, anything can be considered toxic without moderation or if a food supplement is heavily relied upon without a nutritionally balanced approach. That is what seems to be the case in all of the reviews on this topic concerning Herbalife Products that got bad reviews.

My own experience with this product has been a good one because I try to take a very nutritionally balanced approach when it comes to supplements. I am 53 years old and before I started taking these supplements I weighed 197 and had low energy issues. After 3 months of a good balanced diet and Herbalife supplements, I have decreased my weight by 7 pounds and can run a mile under 7 minutes. Before taking these supplements I ran close to an 8 minute mile. My 43 year old fiance, who has been taking these supplements for 14 years, has never been sick enough to go to a clinic for any reason during that time.

So, what does the research say about products like Herbalife and their effect on human health. One peer reviewed scientific study: "A critical analysis of the hepatotoxicity cases described in the literature related to Herbalife® products" - Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences concluded that, "The correct and rational use of the supplements and dietetic formulations can contribute to promoting health and could yield benefits for users."

Why do I give this topic a 4 instead of a 5? Well, that has more to do with the cost and the fact that you may end up with a bad distributor than anything else. There is no correlation between these products and loss of hair, stress, back pain (which is ridiculous) or any other serious health issue. The fact that you have millions of satisfied long term users and relatively very few reported issues is probably due to other external or internal health issues that exist while taking this product. If you do not believe me then do the research (and secondary non-peer reviewed studies is not good research - also called science tabloid literature).

Original review: May 3, 2020

I Used their shakes for weight loss and it's a total loss. I bought this product as I have been told by an associate that it's very good for weight loss and that he himself used it for weight management. I followed each and every step what he told me but there was no result. I was not able to lose even 1 kilo of weight. Then he again said that you will have to continue with the supplement to see results. I again trusted him and I am very sorry to say that this was a very bad experience. They lie, cheat you and take your hard earned money... 1 word cheaters, liars...

Original review: March 18, 2020

I thought I’d try the protein coffee to keep me from getting hungry through the morning. It seemed harmless and did work to curb my appetite. I’m seeing lots of people who have lost weight on these products according to their reviews! Good for you but you must know that there are lots of products that help you lose weight. You can even lose it the old fashioned way with traditional diet and exercise which is probably the healthiest way.

After reading a large number of reviews I have come to this conclusion, I’m not taking the chance with this stuff! I too experienced the heart palpitations & seemed to have a case of pancreatitis! My liver didn’t like this product! This had nothing to do with the shop who sold it or bad communication with the seller. YOU CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF IF YOU MUST & if you have problems then write a review based on your experience. I’m not saying you will experience the same things I did but is it worth it to find out? Also check out the research on this product!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Full cheat. They make me member with promise to guide and help in work. But after investment they cheat. The person get all product back. But not pay me yet. It's almost 9 month passed. I didn't get my money back. Nobody looks in matter. Even I don't know where I complaint about it.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

If I could give this company no stars I would. I have never seen such a horrible level of customer service in my life. Not only did it take me almost a week to get anyone to respond to my concerns but I also paid for an order to be delivered overnight and didn't receive it for 2 weeks. When presenting the problem to Herbalife they claimed they would give me a full refund and it would take 3-5 business days which is the least they could do given the circumstances that it was their fault I had not received my products yet. That was a week ago yesterday. So I reached out to once again check the status of my refund and they completely took back saying they would refund me at all!

I save the transcript which states that I will get my refund. I would not recommend this company to anyone that actually wants to do a consistent reliable challenge. This company is known to be a pyramid scheme and this just proves that all they care about is money and not making their customers happy. Beyond disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

It's a very nice experience with this product. I can describe exactly the sensation that I think about it... It's is a food, snack, candy, drink or whatever you want but the best. It's good and healthy for our body..out and into.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Is a scam and handles business in a very unethical way. They take advantage of the old and uneducated victims who are lured by misinformation, chasing a goal that’s always so close to reach but never a reality, I invested so much and when they realized I was no longer useful they discarded me like they did to others complaining. Companies like this have always been getting away with it because most people don’t know they can get their money back. Luckily I found someone in these comments called Alex, the most reliable Asset Recovery Agent who took on my case and made sure I recovered everything I lost. You can email him here; **.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Doesn't seem to really fit my needs but am generally satisfied with product. Not really interested in trying anything else at the moment.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had lost 40lbs. with Herbalife products with no side effects. As with any diet or lifestyle change, you have to follow through to get results! Follow the routine: shake, snack, shake, snack, healthy meal. Snacks should be healthy! The distributors can be a little pushy, but my distributors were a great support system and wonderful cheerleaders for me! I was with the Baltimore, MD. community and the group is fun, supportive, and motivating. My experience has been great!

Original review: June 15, 2019

In my experience it is not good for health. I took two months this shake, meantime avoided tea, coffee, sweets, etc as the part of instructions followed by the club persons. And I lose only 1 or two kg weight invariably. But, my sugar level dropped down alarmingly then under treatment of health issues like headache - vision problem, etc... I can't recommended this product to anybody.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I started the three day trial and it made me queasy. I spoke with my sponsor and they said they would help me with the return but when I went in for help all they told me was that nothing was wrong with the product. That's fine. I contacted customer service to return and that was three weeks ago. They transfer me from one person to the other and I have gotten nowhere. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Herbalife is a fraud company. They are supplying duplicate/without barcode products to their customers. Their MD ** has also accepted without barcode if his company has sent me products then this is a big mistake. Company itself promotes of buying products directly from them instead of buying from outside. But this so called fraud company has supplied me product without barcode. I have been getting calls from Herbalife to handover them the boxes that doesn’t have the barcode. This means they are trying to capture the boxes in their custody so that I cannot raise a complaint against them. They are not at all bothered about my health. Although I have asked them multiple times to get my health checkup done. I have all the proofs available with me. Pl do not use their products. It's harmful for your health.

Original review: March 10, 2019

This product caused me severe liver enlargement, gallstone and gastritis. As per my doctors I could have ended with total liver failure if I had consumed it for a longer time. I was misguided by the agent claiming it's FDA approved, it's not. She also said it's food, it's not, it contains several product unfit for human consumption. Also the agent said it has no side effects. Another lie. Frauds. Cheats.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I'm getting excessive cold after using Herbalife milkshakes. The worst part is it has been years I took the shake, still I'm suffering with this side effect. I'm getting cold very often and every time I get cold, it takes a lot of time to subside. Has anyone else suffered this way and have find a solution. Please share with me.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I became a member of Herbalife team through **. He used to be very helpful especially when he was getting me involved with the membership. I bought some products and later on couldn’t take them properly and couldn’t sell them as well. Then I gave up and change my mind to quit from the membership. I quit and sent them all products back to the company. But unfortunately couldn’t get my money back. It was cost me 700-800$ approximately. It has been one year and still unfortunately couldn’t take even one step forward. No one answers my inquiry. No one tells the truth.

The only truth I have so far, they are basically confiscating my money illegally. My bank told me there is no received money from Herbalife. Even the company told me they deposited the money into my account. My bank denies it officially. So I don’t like to deal with this company anymore but keep advertising this company with this worst reputation. Don’t get Herbalife if you don’t need a headache and big trouble.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Herbalife is a helpful way to lose weight or maintain your weight. People think that losing weight by only try this product and not working out or eating a healthy meal. The results start working after a few weeks or up to a few months, Herbalife should be taken for your entire life, not for the moment. People should stop thinking that is product is going to miracles less than a week. I used to have back pain for months and I tried Xtra-calcium or joint support and this made my back feel better and made me more active.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I tried the pre workout, the peach tea and also the Liftoff and no results. It’s makes me super tired every time I drink it!! I tried it once and thought maybe I didn’t do it right or whatever so I continued to try for a week and nothing but tiredness!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had joined above said centre on 11.09.2018 with good expectation to improve my health along with my parents. My parents left the centre within a short period and continue taking herbal products still. Myself is continuing to attend centre and taken shake and Afresh for 20 days with understanding that product will be taken from their centre only and I will continue exercise etc. After 20 days completed I started taking products from their centre at 19% discount only. Now today that lady Monika asking me to continue taking the product at the centre only. Therefore I discontinue going for exercise and continue taking the product from other sources. This shows that how much there is transparency in their centre. She has opened the centre only for business purpose and nothing else.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I started using Herbalife the end of June 2018. The first week I lost 6 pounds! Now here in mid-October I am down a total of 25 lbs! First off the key to these programs are finding a reputable distributor! The person I am dealing with does not ever push product! As a matter of fact they recommended I started out with 4 basic items! The PDM formula which is the protein base. The Formula 1 powder which is your flavor. Those two items make your shake. Then they recommend their tea. And the last item they recommend is the Aloe drink. On my own I decided to purchase a few other products. The Aminogen and the cellulose. As a matter of fact I was asking about certain other products my Herbalife distributor told me I did not need them at that time. Most of the complaints on here and readings are due to unrepresentable unscrupulous distributors.

The product itself works if you follow the program! I drink two shakes a day and have a very well-balanced healthy meal for dinner. As well as to high protein snacks between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner! I work out moderately. When I walked in the door I was 284 lb at 55 years of age. I am now down to 258 lb! They have tons of different recipes for different flavor shakes so you don't get bored. As well as recipes to make different food items with their protein base! I have tried many programs over the years and none have seem to work for me!

I find this the best fit for me! I highly recommend finding a reputable distributor in your area and trying this product out! My A1C from my diabetes went from 7.3 to 6.2! Like any other weight loss regimen if you do not follow the regimen you will not lose! Many people do not work the program correctly and want to blame the product! Again I highly recommend Herbalife! It has changed my health and has giving me astounding results! Good luck to everyone!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I am so excited to report that in just 4 weeks I lost 2kg. I wake up and drink a shake, take the 5 supplements. For lunch, I drink a shake and take 4 supplements and at dinner, I have vegetables with a small portion of salmon. NO carbs, no snacks, just water all day. I am excited to see how much I can lose in the new few weeks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

It's great experience but consultation with an expert is required for a better result. NU cosmetic give me advice for this product thanks for that. They have good and UK facility and providing better service to the clients.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I am so excited to report that in just one week I lost 8. I wake up and drink a shake, take the 5 supplements. For lunch I drink a shake and take 4 supplements and at dinner I have vegetables with small portion of salmon. NO carbs, no snacks, just water all day. I am excited to see how much I can lose in the new few weeks.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The system Herbalife has does not let you unsubscribe to their marketing materials. I have tried numerous times. I am able to enter my email however once you it submit it never connects to the server.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I've been using Herbalife products for 20 days. It has altered my hormones and now my periods doesn't stop. Tried to contact the agent but no answer from her. It affects the hormones so please clarify my query.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

2 weeks ago (17 Sept 2018), I bought products through someone who sells herbal life. The products were manufactured in 2016 September, expiring September 2018 - in the next few days. Mistakenly, the agent ordered 3 out off the 5 products wrong. I asked the agent to exchange this, but they had no access to a phone so I had to call herbal life myself. When I called, the lady who answered the phone had no appetite to help. She just told me to give to tell the agent to sell the items to someone else. I tried to explain that the agent is 500km away. She said sorry there's no return policy, you will have to make a plan and ended the call. So I want to know what kind of business is this where customers are treated like this and sold expired products. Obviously there's no way I will use up a moisturizer and finish it in 1 week.

Herbalife Company Information