Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 2 stars7
  • 1 stars18
    12%

www.nutrisystem.com

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works.

For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life.

With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hi Kimberly,

We are delighted to read your feedback about Nutrisystem! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to please! Have a great day.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 7, 2016

I am on Uniquely Yours since 1/16. I LOVE IT!!! I have lost 60 lbs as of 7/6/16 and look forward to losing more. The food is great, portions are satisfying & this program I feel is better than Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig which I have done both.

Hello Judith,

Thank you for your review of our program! We are thrilled to hear that you have had success on our plan, not once, but twice! We wish you the best luck moving forward on your weight loss journey. If there is anything we can do to assist you, just let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 9, 2016

I have used Nutrisystem twice with excellent results. I like that I do not have to weigh food or count calories. I would highly recommend their program to anyone in need of weight loss!

Hello Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback. We are so happy to hear the Nutrisystem Counseling Team has been able to promptly meet your needs. We wish you the best of luck and hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend, Sue.

Original review: July 22, 2016

I had an issue with site that I was having trouble resolving on my own, so I emailed. Gabriel ** responded to me within the hour, and again when I had another concern I was again answered within an hour. I'm amazed!! You guys are great and it's so nice to get immediate help.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us so far! We are happy to hear that you have reached out with questions and concerns. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know!

Original review: July 22, 2016

I just received the first of two shipments and can't wait until the second one comes so I can begin this program. I have tried other programs and have met with poor results. According to everything I see this system can't fail unless I don't follow it. After reading the documents I received with the first shipment, I had a question. I requested an answer to clarify and received an almost immediate response. From everything I am able to ascertain, this is a great organization and I am looking forward to realizing my goals with their help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your weight loss on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your results did not meet your expectations. We are committed to helping each and every customer attain their weight loss goals, and will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: July 21, 2016

Had no luck losing weight this time. I was always hungry after dinner. Breakfast, Lunch, went fine. I think I was adding too much vegetables?

Hello Sonya,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that the quality of our meals have not met your expectations. We want to do everything we can to provide you with a positive and memorable experience while on your weight loss journey. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

Original review: July 21, 2016

The contract, return policy, and the food is absolutely horrible. Try to exchange items for what you want? It is either not in your program or discontinued. Try to cancel your membership? Near impossible task. You will guarantee spend $600++ just beginning the program. The food is disgusting (unless you like canned ravioli, I prefer good quality fresh food). Over priced ** program. Supposed it works for some which is great but the restrictions on this program is unbelievable. Lastly, I need wheat free and dairy free, when I ordered the Vanilla/Chocolate Turbo pack I received all chocolate with meals have wheat and dairy in them. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

Hi Bernie,

We are delighted to read your feedback about Nutrisystem! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the program and that it helped you get your portions under control. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to please!

Original review: July 21, 2016

I always felt like I had willpower, but my portions were out of whack and I slowly but surely constantly gained weight. The regular eating, portion control, and protein and nutritional packed meals on Nutrisystem were absolutely critical for my success. Tracking my food is also very eye opening and motivating for me. Bottom line - it worked. I started at 241 pounds and exceeded my goal of losing 30 pounds. I lost 38 pounds in 5 months, thanks to Nutrisystem!

Hello Karina,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with your order. We would like to take a look into this further for you to see what we can do to help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: July 20, 2016

I was on automatic delivery and received an email saying that a new order is about to ship. I called 3 days before the processing date and was prompted to a computer, which asked me if I wanted to delay the order. I agreed and it confirmed that it was delayed for 10 days. Today I receive an email saying it shipped. I called customer service and asked not to ship the item. I am going on vacation, and will not be there to receive the item. The customer service rep said that they cannot stop the shipment as it was not scanned in yet? And even if they did, it would be a shipping charge I am responsible for, she says she has no record of me calling prior to the processing date. She also proposed I arrange for someone else to receive it and ship it back? Now I have to pay for shipping, find someone to deal with after I called and delayed it. Their system is designed to deceive you and cost money. I am yet to lose the pounds.

Hi Emilie,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your experience today. We are very sorry to hear that you are not seeing results on your plan. We are committed to helping each and every customer attain their weight loss goals, and will be in contact with you shortly. We hope you have a great Wednesday.

Original review: July 20, 2016

I am so very disappointment. I have tried so hard to do everything right. But haven't lost an ounce. My daughter is the one who recommended Nutrisystem to me. She did very well. I had her and your counselors go over everything I've eaten, and they say I'm doing everything right. But yet I'm not losing. I haven't even lost an ounce. This Friday if I still don't lose anything, I'm sending what's left of my order back. I'm so hurt, and thoroughly disgusted.

Hello Karyn,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory service. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 19, 2016

I have spent over a thousand dollars on Nutrisystem food and while I've liked the flavors of many of the items, lately quality control has been down with food arriving not expired, but chalky and old (see pic). To add to that, I had MANY food items that QUICKLY expired. For the hundreds of dollars charged each month and the manner of the food, there is no reason for this to suddenly happen. I felt like they had food that was about to expire and they loaded up my orders with them. :(

When I contacted Nutrisystem, I was pleasantly surprised that their customer service department was standing by their products and they offered to replace all of these items. I followed their instructions and spent time organizing them, photographing them and I still have them if they want them returned. Then the WAITING started. No answer from the first email and no replacements. No answer from the 2nd email and no replacements received. They finally responded to the 3rd email, claiming they didn't receive the others and then DECLINED to replace them even though they had stated they would. Lying is not a customer service trait that I look for in a company. :(

Hello Gail,

First of all, welcome to the program! We are very happy to hear you are enjoying the program and genuinely appreciate that you took the time to acknowledge the support you've been receiving so far, Gail.

We wish you the best of luck and look forward to continue to be a part of your weight loss journey!

Have a great day, Gail!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 18, 2016

So far I have lost about 5 pounds and it's not even a week yet. The support you get from Nutrisystem is prompt, clear and helpful for continued participation and encouragement. I had a shipment that partially melted and they are replacing the melted items free. So far it's been great!

Hello Launa

Original review: July 16, 2016

Hi, Today I checked my acct and instead of the 300.00 dollars for my second month like the salesperson promised, I was charged 389.00 so I called... 20 mins wait... was told that they charged me again for the turbo shakes (and not at discount price... Full price) that I would have to send it back and wait for a refund. I really trusted the salesman that sold it to me, cause I was concerned that it would only be 300.00. (I never let someone charge my acct but he reassured me! I was disconnected two times, 20 mins on hold to reach each person.)

With that being said I love the program! I have lost 14 lbs in one month... But I would like to cancel my subscription so I will not be overcharged any more! Update: emailed customer service... Now I have to pay to send product back! And it will take two billing cycles to refund and only to the card that I bought it with. Card expires July 2016.

Hello Gail,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize that there were any issues with the ice cream sandwich's availability. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: July 16, 2016

You sent me an email telling me ice cream sandwiches should be back in stock by the middle of Aug, so I must delay my next order until after they are back in stock. Interestingly, today I got an email from Nutrisystem telling me I can order a 10-pack of ice cream sandwiches for $19.99. Interesting, isn't it? They're available for separate extra purchase but not available with an order!!!

Hello Jean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are very glad that Matthew was such a huge help. Make sure to keep the Counselors updated on your progress and if there is anything they can help out with do not hesitate to reach out. Enjoy your weekend, Jean!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 15, 2016

I called to request a tracker for the Turbo 10 plan and a tracker for the remainder of the month. Matthew ** was extremely helpful and patient.

Hello David,

Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing about your experiences! That's a wonderful suggestion about the cookbook and we will certainly pass along this feedback.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 14, 2016

I needed the strict portion control with the choice of a variety of meals. I tried making portioned meals in advance but that limited my meal choices and became bothersome for me. If one tracks their monthly grocery expenses, including eating out meals, the small additional cost for Nutrisystem more than justifies the results. I feel much healthier. My one suggestion is for NS to publish a "cookbook" using NS meals as the base, adding spices and other ingredients to add even more variety. This would be successful, I believe, especially when ordering NS long term. Nutrisystem could possibly start with the recipes from The Leaf and customer submissions.

Hello Domenica,

Thank you so much for your very kind words and sharing your story! We're happy to hear about experiences with the program.

Enjoy your day!

Original review: July 14, 2016

When I went on Nutrisystem I was 298 pounds. I now weigh 174. I have maintained my weight for a number of years. I am very conscious of what I eat now. It's a way of life. I have recently retired so I can't afford to stay on Nutrisystem so I try my own methods to maintain my weight. Also far I am doing just that. I love your diet. Especially when I was working. Just prepare and eat. Very easy to stick with it.

Hello Debbie,

We are sorry to hear that the taste of some of our meals have not met your expectations. We certainly understand how important it can be to feel excited your menu on your plan. We want to do everything we can to provide you with a positive and memorable experience while on your weight loss journey. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

Original review: July 13, 2016

My rating would have been 4 or 5 stars prior to my last email but I didn't get a satisfactory answer from counseling except that "foods are reformulated from time to time." Which I understand but that doesn't explain the pizza I got with virtually NOTHING on it. I even sent a pic. Also had 2 days during the last month that I had a sick tummy from eating frozen entrees.... and I can't recall now which ones except one was a egg and sausage muffin thing. Overall, I am satisfied with the program. I am losing weight but if I keep getting sick or keep getting foods that are not what they're suppose to be, my rating will be severely lower.

Hello Ralph,

We appreciate your opinion on the tastes of the food. We are sorry to hear that the new formulation of the pizzas are not to your liking. We know how very important it is to love the food you are receiving. We want to do make sure we help you be able to stay on the plan. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible, Ralph!

Original review: July 13, 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed the old Margherita pizza formula. The major taste was tomato which is what Margherita pizza should be. In fact both my wife's and I major dinner selection was the Margherita pizza. The last order we got we got a new formula pizza. It tasted horrible. It has an overwhelming parmesan flavor or something else of a strong cheese flavor. It is not a good change and quite frankly we stopped all future Margherita pizza orders. The pizza is also smaller! I know it list the same weight on package but the crisper below the pizza on old formula filled the crisper plate. The new one does not.

Hello Diane,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have had such an excellent experience so far. We are sure that this is going to continue. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns that we can address. We wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 11, 2016

I have just signed up for this program. So far the customer service has been outstanding, of course I have not tried to cancel anything! LOL! The person on the phone was upfront about the $99 cancellation fee. Have not received my order yet, but hopefully everything will be just as they said. P.S. I did go back to order their shake special after I made my first order, and they honored everything that the first salesmen told me they would (price and shipping). I had not tried the shakes before I ordered the Big Plan, but I had some that I had picked up at Wal-Mart. He said if I tried them and liked them to give them a call and they would send them out at the special price. I was sure the shakes would taste nasty like some other diet ones I have tried, but these chocolate ones were quite tasty. Looking forward to getting this weight off!

Hello Cynthia,

Thank you for taking the time to review the program! We want to make sure our members are receiving the best customer experience possible so we will be reaching out to you shortly regarding your review. We hope you have a great day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 8, 2016

Ref my question on why for my 2nd mo of ordering, there were only 24 dinners & lunches offered vs. 28 breakfasts & snacks. The answer was we are encouraged to prep 4 lunch & dinner flex meals. I would prefer having the option to choose until 3-4 mo into the program.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 20, 2016

You guys are awesome. I had some concerns and wanted to cancel but you offered an awesome solution to my concerns. Thank you, Nutrisystem.

Hello Patty,

We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding with the ordering of our plan on auto-delivery. We want to do everything we can to meet your expectations for a positive experience. We will be looking into this and will provide you with a response as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Original review: July 6, 2016

I only liked the breakfast selections, lunch and dinner, well I didn't like any of it. Too many breakfast bars, lunch bars, snack bars, and not enough regular food to choose from. I didn't realize I would be charged to cancel. 99.00. Wow harsh.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Resolution response: July 16, 2016

Yes, thank you. I have not received an e-mail in over a week. Thank you for taking care of this matter

Hello Colleen,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We apologize for the inconvenience with the emails, and we would like to look into this for you. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Original review: July 6, 2016

After numerous times asking to be removed from e-mail list, they just keep on coming. I don't understand why this simple task seems so hard for this company.

Hello Patty,

We appreciate your review of Nutrisystem. All feedback helps us to improve. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, and we would like to look into this for you. Someone will be in touch with you shortly. We hope you have a good rest of your day.

Original review: July 6, 2016

Was told if I ordered $50 of frozen a la carte food I'd get free shipping. When the confirmation indicated I was charged $12 for shipping I tried to contact Nutrisystem. Waited on phone 1/2 hr. Finally chatted with someone only to find I only was entitled to partial free shipping. Wish I'd been told that during ordering. It's a sneaky way to do business & all the complaints about hidden charges are true. I won't order again. I spent over $700 so far & am very dissatisfied with your business methods. I feel I was lied to.

Insufficient response received

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have had good success on our program. We are sorry to hear that you would like to discontinue your service with us. One of our representatives will be in contact with you shortly to assist you with this process. Have a wonderful week!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 5, 2016

Cancel Service. Had good results. Product is too expensive.

Hello Sheila,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the program! We are sorry to hear that you did not see the results that you were hoping for. We will be reviewing your account and will be in touch shortly. Have a good day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 4, 2016

I have talked with many people and emailed many times with no help. I get same thing, "What can we do to help?" I have lost 2 lbs in 3 months. So feel that I should get turbo 10 again free of charge, but no you would be glad to send it for 70 dollars. I have already spent several hundred dollars with no satisfaction. I will not rate because you do not deserve even a 1 star. Thanks for nothing. When I was on in past you all at least tried to help, what has changed... your service or help is terrible.

Hello Stanley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback about the program! We will be reviewing your account and will be in touch shortly. Have a great Tuesday!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 3, 2016

I entered the Uniquely Yours Plan. Before I finished with the first 28 day plan I called and told them I wanted to stop the plan and don't send me anymore meals per the instructions. I had already paid over $425 dollars for the first part of the plan and the meals weren't very palatable at all and way too expensive. That is why I stopped. I was then notified that I was going to owe Nutrisystem $99.00 to stop or continue with another month of bad food at the cost of over $458.00. I was told to go back and read the fine print on the cancellation policy. Not only was it very fine print. It is very confusing and on first read it sounded like Nutrisystem was going to refund me $99.00. Letters to the BBB and the State AG are in order.

Hello Cheryl,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your weight loss on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your results did not meet your expectations. We would be happy to address your concerns and will be in contact with your shortly. Have a nice weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 1, 2016

I purchased the NutriSystem and was promised I would lose 10 lbs in the first month. I wanted to lose 20, so I figured two months would have me at my goal weight. I exercised every day - walked 2 to 2 1/2 miles, went to the gym and did a workout tape at home. I followed the program religiously, no alcohol, exercised, ate fresh veggies. I only lost 3 pounds!!! I had terrible stomach pains and was constantly bloated and very uncomfortable. I still have a full box of food that I will not touch. I lost 15 pounds on my own without all the discomfort.

Hello Shirley,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your weight loss on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your results did not meet your expectations, Shirley. We are committed to helping each and every customer attain their weight loss goals, and will be in contact with you shortly.

We also sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding with the ordering of our plan on auto-delivery as well as for the thawed frozen foods you had received. We want to do everything we can to meet your expectations for a positive experience. Please be assured that we are looking into this and will provide you with a response as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Original review: June 30, 2016

This is the 2nd time I have tried Nutrisystem. The first time, I didn't like many of the items. I followed the plan until all items were gone and ended up gaining weight. This year I had lost 12 lbs on my own and the idea of ramping that up 10 lbs in one month, I decided to try again. My first issue was ordering. I was told a certain price by the customer service person and I pointed out their website showed a different price. I cut and pasted their website price into the chat. Then I was told I'd be getting a $30 discount. It wouldn't go through she said but she'd apply it to my 2nd order (because I did auto delivery). That's right, to get the discount I was told I'd get, I had to place a 2nd order. As for the money back guarantee. Well you have to return the product within weeks of starting the program for the guarantee. I wanted to try the program for the month so I didn't get the money back guarantee.

The food was better than the previous time. I followed the plan exactly and I gained weight, 6 lbs. When the 2nd shipment arrived (the auto delivery I didn't get credit for), I wanted to send it back. Well, that would cost me $75. The frozen food arrived thawed because there wasn't any dry ice in the box. I called and was basically told they were sorry. That's it. Sorry. So I decided to keep it and changed up the program with how I lost 12 lbs and substituted some of my meals with Nutrisystem. Gained another 3 lbs. Stopped the program altogether and back to my old slow process, I've lost 5 of the lbs I gained on their program.

I called to cancel future shipments. I explained why. The man kept saying, "Well you didn't follow the program right". Yes, I did. I have under active thyroid and I don't know if their plan doesn't work well with that condition. Their packaged foods have a ton of chemicals in them. So I was cheated on the price of the 1st shipment. The 2nd shipment arrived thawed. I gained 9 lbs in 2 months on the program. Customer service ignored my questions on price, on shipment arriving thawed and when I canceled because the program failed to deliver any weight loss. 2nd shipment cost $305. First shipment cost $375. Waste of money.

Hi Mary Ellen,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We are happy to see that you are happy with the quick responses and information we provide. We are always looking to improve our program and menu options so check back in the future to see if there are more of those fish entrees. Have wonderful day and thank you again!

-The Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 30, 2016

Quick response, accurate, informative but still would like to see fish on the menu.

Nutrisystem Company Profile