Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.24/5
50% Off All Meal Plans + a Free Week of Shakes! *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

BOTTOM LINE

Nutrisystem delivers healthy meals with a detailed guide and diet plan to your door. Monthly plans don’t offer in-person support, but they do help dieters learn about balanced, portion-controlled eating habits.

PROS

• Meals shipped to your door
  • Vegetarian and diabetic options
  • Affordable

CONS

• No in-person support

Top Nutrisystem Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

I have been using Nutrisystem for almost a year and I am very pleased with the food and the results. My food always arrives fast and tastes amazing… Nutrisystem is flexible and offers me the convenience I need.

Just want to say thanks. I've sent several emails to counseling support in the few days that I've been on the plan and they are so helpful and encouraging... I like the emails as this way I can save for reference. Thanks Nutrisystem!

Nutrisystem Learn More

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

What is Nutrisystem?

Nutrisystem is a weight loss and nutrition company for people who want to manage their weight, eat healthily and create new diet habits. Nutrisystem offers monthly meal plans and à la carte items, and it sells products on the company's website and through authorized retailers and distributors.

Nutrisystem offers four primary plans — Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus — and has vegetarian and diabetic options available. Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include unlimited frozen meals and snacks, and flex meals allow customers the opportunity to cook balanced meals at home or eat at restaurants. Customers have the option of getting handpicked meals with the Chef’s Choice menu or individually picking their meals at sign-up. Nutrisystem sells plans directly on its website.

How does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem dieters eat every two to three hours, up to six times per day. A printed meal plan is included in the first shipment to make it easy for dieters to follow their Nutrisystem plan from the start. Depending on the plan, meal and snack items include options such as buttermilk waffles, mac and cheese, grilled chicken sandwiches and chocolate-covered pretzels.

Meal deliveries are made every four to 10 days. Frozen meals are shipped in frozen storage trucks and packed in dry ice that keeps them frozen for up to eight hours after delivery. One of the benefits of Nutrisystem is free order tracking, which makes it easy to manage and adjust your meals.

Nutrisystem plans

Nutrisystem Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus and Vegetarian plans can be customized for male or female dieters, and the company has diabetic options. Nutrisystem’s website lists a comprehensive nutritional breakdown of all menu items on each plan.

Nutrisystem Basic
Choose your meals or go with the Chef’s Choice, a preset menu of popular foods. A typical eating schedule on Nutrisystem includes three meals and three snacks per day and includes menu items like three-cheese chicken with steamed broccoli, apple cinnamon oatmeal and white cheddar popcorn. A four-week Basic plan with auto-delivery costs $294.99. Customers can add shakes for an additional $79.98.
  • Basic Diabetes: Nutrisystem created its Basic Diabetes plan to help customers manage their glucose levels while losing weight. The Basic Diabetes plan includes menu items such as blueberry muffins, chicken noodle soup and white chocolate chunk cookies.
Nutrisystem Core
Nutrisystem Core comes with more variety and food options than the Basic plan. The first week comes with specially selected meals to jump-start weight loss and ease dieters into the plan. The Core plan also includes unlimited online support from counselors and dietitians. A four-week Core plan with auto-delivery costs $319.99, and probiotic shakes can be added for an additional fee.
  • Core Diabetes: The Core Diabetes plan offers Chef’s Choice Pack and unlimited customer support. With portion control, customers can enjoy whole-grain crackers and cheese, cheese tortellini and Santa Fe-style chicken on Nutrisystem’s Core Diabetes plan.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours
Uniquely Yours is similar to the Core and Basic plans but comes with even more menu options. A typical Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours day might include a cranberry orange muffin, mixed nuts and a cup of coffee for breakfast, a hamburger and side salad for lunch, roasted turkey and green beans for dinner and snacks throughout the day. Not including shakes, four weeks of auto-delivery costs $359.99.
  • Uniquely Yours Diabetes: With even more menu options created for those with Type 2 diabetes, dieters can manage their blood glucose levels and eat healthy, balanced meals and snacks. On the Uniquely Yours Diabetes, customers have the bonus of receiving unlimited frozen meals and snacks. Favorite menu items include apple slices dipped in peanut butter, ice cream sandwiches and broccoli and cheese melt with sliced vegetables.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Plus
The Uniquely Yours Plus plan includes everything in the three previous plans and adds even more variety and high-protein shakes. On a typical day, you might have waffles and scrambled eggs with coffee for breakfast, a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad for lunch and a pizza with salad for dinner. Probiotic shakes, cheese puffs, popcorn and mixed nuts make for great snacks throughout the day, and you can even have a chocolate brownie sundae for an evening snack. At $399.99 per month with auto-delivery, it’s one of Nutrisystems best plans for those who crave variety.
Nutrisystem Vegetarian
Nutrisystem's vegetarian plan makes it easy for customers on plant-based diets to enjoy balanced and nutritional meals. Menu items include home-style pancakes and stuffed shells with sautéed spinach plus a variety of sweet and savory snacks. Four-week vegetarian plans with auto-delivery start at $359.99.

Compare Nutrisystem cost

Core$11.43
Uniquely Yours$12.86
Uniquely Yours Plus$14.29

Nutrisystem FAQ

How much weight can I lose on Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem results vary, but you can lose up to 13 to 15 pounds in the first month and one to two pounds per week after.
Can you drink alcohol on Nutrisystem?
Yes. Nutrisystem dieters can enjoy alcohol in moderation — stick to drier wines and light beer. Customers should avoid mixed cocktails and alcoholic beverages high in sugar or fat.
Do you have to exercise on Nutrisystem?
Yes. Nutrisystem is designed to help dieters create healthy lifestyle habits and encourages 150 minutes of moderately intense physical activity each week. Nutrisystem offers the My Daily 3 plan as part of the company’s eating schedule to help customers get 30 minutes of exercise every day.
Are Nutrisystem meals frozen?
Sometimes. Nutrisystem uses a soft canning process to keep meals fresh and ready to eat without freezing. Only Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans have frozen menu items.
Does Nutrisystem food have preservatives?
Most Nutrisystem meals don’t have preservatives, though some include BHT, potassium sorbate, calcium propionate and sodium benzoate. More than 120 Nutrisystem foods don’t contain preservatives.
Can Nutrisystem plans be gluten-free?
No, Nutrisystem does not currently offer a gluten-free plan.
Does Nutrisystem have a vegetarian plan?
Yes, Nutrisystem has a vegetarian plan.
Does Nutrisystem offer diabetic options?
Yes, Nutrisystem offers diabetic options.
Does Nutrisystem use artificial sweeteners?
Yes, some Nutrisystem foods contain artificial sweeteners, most commonly sucralose. Some offered meals also include sugar alcohols such as maltitol, sorbitol and isomalt.
Does Nutrisystem food have a lot of sodium?
Not a lot. Most Nutrisystem plans are below the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommended daily sodium intake of 2,300 milligrams or less.
What is the cost of Nutrisystem for one month?
The cost of Nutrisystem for one month ranges from $294.99 to $399.99 with auto-delivery.
What is Nutrisystem’s return policy?
Regular subscribers can request a return or refund within 30 days of their delivery. After 30 days, Nutrisystem provides a refund for unopened, non-frozen Nutrisystem foods. Customers can also request a full refund within 14 days of their first order, not including à la carte and weekly orders.

Does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem’s plans work for dieters who want to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise. You can choose from multiple plan options — Core and Basic plans are good for starting out, while the Uniquely Yours plans give dieters more variety and flexibility. All Nutrisystem plans deliver ready-to-go meals straight to your door to help manage short-term and long-term weight loss.

Nutrisystem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: May 22, 2020

My orders came missing items and I could not connect with online chat or phone so I sent email. Honestly I was a bit grumpy I'd been having a difficult day. My email was answered within hours and because of the difficulty contacting anyone Nutrisystem unexpectedly added extra items. What amazing customer service. I have not been losing fast and that is my fault because I was not eating enough and didn't believe counselor who said I should add more of recommended foods. Honestly, I was afraid to go out during the virus.

Finally in my PPE I bought vegs and fruit and cottage cheese. Immediately I started to lose again. The food surprised me that it was good and the food I did not like I could change before my next order. The virus and wanting to start my own construction business was the catalyst to get back in shape. You are all so kind and helpful. I tell everyone about the program. Unfortunately I stay home as much as possible so they haven't seen me yet but just wait. You all rock! I so believe in you and the program. Any chance of adding fish (salmon)? And thank you for going the extra step and changing my day from grumpy to fantastic.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It is greatly appreciated to hear positive feedback from our customers and help them continue their weight loss journeys. If you have further meal plan questions, you are able to chat in or email our counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com When sending an email , please remember to include a brief description, along with your name and phone number on your account.

Have a great day, Judy!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 2, 2020

I am writing you about my experience in hopes to improve your system of initial communication. I understand that not everyone may have had the same experience. When I signed up...paid with my credit card, I got no acknowledgement of my order. Yet it showed up as pending on my credit card then disappeared then showed up again. Perhaps that was due to my credit card, but between that and a lack of confirmation was confusing at the least. Five days went by before I heard trom Nutrisystem and when a order might come (up to 10 days more). In the meantime I had to buy more groceries. I would ask you to send a confirmation immediately of receiving the order.

Hello Julia!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. Once your order is placed, you will receive confirmation once the order ships. Our shipping time frame is 1-10 business days. If you have further questions regarding your account, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with your name, email address, and phone number on the account.

Have a great day! Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have lost 115 lbs and I honestly don't think I could have done it without Nutri-System. I'm a pretty picky eater and yet I managed to find plenty of tasty foods and snacks on the Uniquely Yours plan to keep me on track. The monthly challenges on Numi really keep me motivated because I want to win all the free things! I have had to contact customer services a few times along the way and have always been met with a friendly person who was able to answer my questions or resolve my shipping issue.

If I had to pick one criticism, it would be the excessive packaging and styrofoam use. I understand that shipping the frozen foods is a delicate issue and it's highly important that the foods arrive safely and still cold. It's just that the containers add up and it's hard to find a good way to recycle them. Although I've reached my goal weight (and changed from the UY plan to the Advantage a la Carte plan), I believe I'll continue to order my favorite foods. I can't live without the pizzas! When people ask how I did it, I'm always happy to answer "with NUTRI-SYSTEM"!!

Hello Bridgette!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Congratulations on your weight loss! We are pleased that you have had a successful journey with us. As you get closer to reaching your weight loss goal, feel free to view our Success: Transition Plans. If you have any further concerns, please reach out at 1-800-585-5483 option 2.

Have a great day! - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

It has been 2 weeks and I like it. Some other reviews say you have to buy other groceries, of course you do. They can't ship you milk or fresh fruit or vegetables. But it's not much at all, it's just necessary add-ons for complete nutrition. I love the NuMi app, it helps track things so easily! I eat something pretty much every 2-3 hours and I haven't been hungry at all. The program helps me get my 4 vegetable servings in every day--I know I am eating better and drinking more water. The app syncs with my FitBit, too! I'm excited to keep going because I think I'm headed to a fabulous destination and look forward to seeing this through to my goals. The only reason I subtracted a star is because some of my shipment came with torn food wrappers and I hope that food isn't bad! We'll see...

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the plan and thank you for sharing your experience with us, so happy to hear that you are enjoying the plan.

We love seeing that you are utilizing the app and tracking your food and activity, that can be so important in staying on track!

We are happy to replace damaged items, so feel free to give us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and we would be happy to help!

We look forward to seeing your progress, Linda!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

To be completely honest I was very disappointed with the first weeks loss. It was only 1.2lbs but after 25 days I have lost over 8.5 lbs. I feel that this is the perfect rate of weight loss. I have tried many programs before: Weight Watchers, HCG, Beverly Hills Diet and Eating only once a day. This program is by far the easiest and most realistic one to follow. My only complaint is the repetitiveness of my food choices. I live in Canada and as a result my options are much more limited. I can't have any of the frozen foods and some of them look so delicious.

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much success you are having on the plan so far! We appreciate your feedback on the food choices for our Canadians clients and will be sure to pass on your concerns.

Please keep us posted on your continued success! Hope you have a happy and healthy new year.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Email responses were quick and fair and all issues resolved as promised. Everyone who worked with me was professional. Even with COVID-19 situation the resolutions were very timely. Better than expected. Have highly recommended Nutrisystem to friends and family especially with new flares of infections.

Hi Phyllis,
    Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your concern was address quickly and to your satisfaction. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. You can email us any time at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number in the email. Thank you again for your review. Please stay safe.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Please cancel my subscription. I am having upset stomach problems with the food especially the beans. The convenience was helpful. I found the menu dull and repetitious I have decided to join a local online weight loss group in my area(It will meet in person after the quarantine is lifted.) Thank-you. Judy

Hello Judith,

Thanks for reaching out to Nutrisystem about cancelling. In order to cancel your account, you will need to call in to do so. We cannot cancel accounts over this site or via email.

To cancel, please call in at 1-800-585-5483. You may also try 1-855-504-0105 or 1-877-629-2946. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8am-8pm EST and on Saturday and Sunday from 9am-5:30pm EST.

Have a great day!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Updated on 11/06/2020: I did not see a space to respond to Nutrisystem’s reply to my review, so I’m posting it here. Nutrisystem’s reply is factually accurate. The problem, however, as I pointed out in my original review, is that its auto renewal conditions are not clear at the time of purchase. Unless a customer scours the terms and conditions in the pages-long agreement, they will easily miss that they are signing up to pay, in my case, $640 for two months’ of products, rather than $320 for one month of products. They will also likely miss that a penalty of $125 will automatically be deducted from their bank account if they seek to return to the implied agreement.

A Deloitte survey of 2,000 consumers in the U.S found that 91% of people consent to legal terms and services conditions without reading them, and I’m confident that Nutrisystem’s lawyers and marketing team are aware of this. This is why I have reached the conclusion that Nutrisystem’s practices are shady and why I’m going to the trouble to warn potential customers. No need for Nutrisystem to refer me to its customer service dept again; I have lost confidence in their services and am only posting this for the benefit of other consumers, not to communicate with Nutrisystem.

Original Review: Read the fine print very carefully. Embedded deep in the terms and conditions of my subscription, for example, is a clause that says you’re committing to twice the implied financial agreement, and that a $125 penalty will be assigned if you cancel the second auto-delivery. Heather in Customer Service assured me that “95% of customers” read the pages-long fine print before committing, and I believe that to be a generous estimate unsupported by consumer studies. Buyer beware.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your review. Members who sign up for auto-delivery receive a discount and are not charged the full one-time order price, so we just ask that they take at least two orders. If a customer would like to discontinue their plan before receiving a second auto-delivery order, we have a standard fee of $125. After the second order though there is no fee to stop the plan. If you would like further assistance please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I joined Nutritionist plan to be able to shed 10 pound. I was under the impression that the plan has 4 weeks of 3 meals and snacks, however my second order was only for 20 days and overall, although following the plan to the T, I did not lose even 1 pound. So, I cancelled the 3rd order. Thank you, Gabriele.

Hello Gabriele

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback about your experience on the program. We are sorry to hear the weight loss didn't progress as planned. For us to better assist you, please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. You can list a brief description of your concern as you did here. We look forward to addressing your concerns.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I have sent several emails and been told I have to call someone to cancel this. I’m not interested in talking to anyone about this cancellation. I know they always try to talk you out of it and I have made up my mind. Just cancel my program immediately! Please cancel this now. Thank you.

Hello Gerald

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with trying to cancel. We do require verbal confirmation to cancel the account. Please try calling 1-800-585-5483, option 1. You can also reach us at 1-855-496-7705 or 1-866-223-5038. If you are still having trouble cancelling, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the full name and phone number on your account. We look forward to helping!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team