Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you have had such good experiences with our Weight Loss Counselors. Please let us know anything that we can help with in the future. We hope you have a great weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Counseling Support - You guys are so quick in responding!!! I can't even begin to imagine how many people you deal with day-to-day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to respond so quickly. I really appreciate it.

Hello Dee,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We will be sure to pass your feedback to the correct parties. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. Have a wonderful week!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

A caring message received from the Counseling Team. Nutrisystem not only is here to help in making our lives better but they also truly care about our lives and what we are dealing with in everyday life. This was shown to me recently. I am very appreciative. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

They really messed up my recent order. It's been challenging this month, my family knows I've slipped up some and now they want to stop shipping the food. Lately, I'm not having enough discipline to ride my exercise bike, I don't know if they are stopping it or not. When your family member is paying for it and you're cheating at all, they want to stop it which is understandable. Maybe I need to get on the Mini website for support. Thanks.

I had about 10-15 lbs I wanted to lose & just couldn't do it so I decided to try you. I really wasn't that confident it would work but I still wanted to try. I ordered the basic & when it came I started the first Turbo week just as described. I stayed with it faithfully & even though I felt I wasn't losing weight, I didn't weigh myself until the 8th day. I was thrilled to see that I had lost 6 1/2 lbs!! I'm starting the next 3 week program with much more enthusiasm & just wanted to let you know how pleased I was with the results. Also, I can't believe how good the food is. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

I found Peggy to be helpful, knowledgeable, pleasant, and easygoing. She was able to answer my questions, clarify my interpretation of the program and sent me the tracker I needed. I would have no problem calling back to ask a question knowing you have people like her there. Thank you.

I started Nutrisystem in late February, the 20th to be exact. To this day, March 15th, I have lost 7 lbs... I was ok with this. Last week I called on the last day of orders to change my order for this coming month... I called today, and have been told, that my order was cancelled and a new one was not placed. I am SO MAD right now. How can a company who is supposed to have a counselling centre NOT follow up on why an order wasn't placed? I can't sit here now, I am in Canada, and wait 10 days for food... This diet may work for people who may get service delivered quicker, but I DO NOT recommend this to any serious people who really want the help to lose weight. I am waiting to hear back from counselling to see what it is I have to do to cancel this disaster I signed up for. What a waste of time.

I called today and Chelsie listen and found the help I needed. I need to discuss my meal plan and amount of insulin I am taking. She made arrangements for me to have my diabetic counselor to call back. Thanks.

I started out in early January with a weight of 216 pounds and a desire to lose at least 25 pounds after two months. This was a very aggressive goal, but I was determined. This a legitimate chance to succeed. Month plan the first week of March and I weighed 190 pounds, so I met my goal and more. I loved the food on this diet and only found the first week very difficult. The food was delicious and plentiful during weeks two to eight. I would recommend this diet to anyone interested in quick weight loss. The hard work however begins now, when I am on my own, but I have two other very supportive people in our household to remind me when I desire something that I shouldn't have.

I am trying to cancel my order. I don't want to speak with anyone. I just want it done. I tried calling and your offices are closed because of bad weather. DO NOT SHIP ME ANY FOOD OR CHARGE MY ACCOUNT!!

I had tried and tried to manage my auto delivery a la carte order and I was not able to customize my order. After several failed attempts and emails to customer service, it was still not possible for me to customize my order so I called your customer service. The customer service representative on the phone was so professional and although she was not able to customize my order either, she was very kind. When I asked her to cancel my order so that I could start over when I was ready she did so without hassle. It was a very positive experience. I just hope the website gets fixed so that the a la carte can be customized from month to month. Thank you!

I had been contemplating NS for some time and finally decided to do it. The promotion was for $25 off a month and a fitness tracker. After completing the online form I noticed that I never saw a place to put the code for the $25 off. I immediately (not even more than 2 min) called and was told there was nothing they could do and that I would get $25 off my NEXT order. I was mad but I let it go. When my order arrived the 'fitness tracker' was nowhere to be seen. I called them and again was given the "too bad so sad we'll give you money off your NEXT purchase."

There was a time limit to place the order and I placed my order before it ended. This is a typical thing I have seen with big companies who think they can screw people and get away with it. I will be going to their competition next time (South Beach Diet). This was your classic bait and switch. Nutrisystem is dishonest and I do not recommend them.

I may be just 1 little guy, but I know that enough people will read my review and go elsewhere. And cost them a lot more than the $100 or so they took me for. I don't see how they think that I will do business with a company that has been dishonest with me. They must be from the school of trump ripoffs. Don't be a sucker and patronize Nutrisystem. I'm a very loyal customer when a company is fair with me. CYA, Nutrisystem. Yelp, here I come!

My experience with the program was great until I went to cancel. No mention on the website. No easy way to get out of the program. There is nothing I despise more than a business that tries to lock me in by making it difficult to quit. You might have had an advocate for your program but now I will spend all of my energy telling people to stay away. I will never buy from you again. I lodged a complaint with the BBB and will rate you on every social site I can find with poor ratings. I will also use my skills as someone with 30 years of advertising and marketing to get this message out.

I went on the system 9 years ago and found it very helpful. This time I found it more confusing, instructions not as clear. My biggest issue was with the amount of sugar in the products. I am not diabetic, but do watch my sugar intake. I did not choose the diabetic plan, but was still surprised at the high level of sugar, esp. in the breakfast food.

I had requested a delay in my order. I received an email stating that my request was received. I received the order anyway. My live chat, while pleasant resolved nothing. I was even told that there was a record of my request for delay. I was told to call another number. I don't have time for all of this. My account was charged. I did not have room for my frozen items so had to give this food away so it wouldn't spoil. I love your program and love your food. It's so convenient for my very busy week. This error was expensive and disappointing. Thanks.

The food was fantastic and the service was good. However, after being on the plan for 1 1/2 months I only lost 7 pounds. This was following the plan 100% and exercising daily. At around $700 spent I expected better results.

Please retrain your customer service representatives. Please have them give you the option of putting your order on hold & if you do cancel you will be billed $125. Very poor customer service I experienced by Lisa in Pennsylvania. Not helpful.

I have been on Nutrisystem for 9 weeks now and have lost 7 pounds. The plan is easy and the food is delicious! You get a variety of food to choose from for each meal. NuMi makes it easy to keep track of your daily calorie intake. I cannot think of a better way to lose weight. So much better than heavy workouts.

I wanted to let you know how thrilled I am with the Nutrisystem's program. Today was my 28th day and I'm down 13.4 lbs! I've been on every diet known to man and this one works! I have cheekbones again!!! I love the convenience, the food is good, I'm getting healthy again, and I'm able to resist the junk in the evening because I have my delicious Nutri-snack! When I'm down my 50 lbs, my husband is buying me a new wardrobe!

Hello Linda!

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review about one of our Counselors. We are thrilled that she was able to help you resolve the issue at hand. We wish you continued success on the program, Linda. Have a good one!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: March 10, 2017

I Hate Chocolate and Peanut Butter. I need to substitute something else on my next order! Spoke with Rebecca, and she took care of my problem over the phone. She was so helpful and friendly. Enjoyed talking with her and taking care of this little problem.

Nutrisystem verbally guarantees their product. If you cancel in the first 14 days - no problem. I did and they charged me an additional $99 for cancelling. Their terms and conditions require 14 days or less - but they DO NOT HONOR IT FOR AUTOMATIC DELIVERY!! Customer service - rude, rude, rude or maybe it was just too early in the morning.

ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY THEY BAIL!!!! Nutrisystem was ordered on the phone. The person taking the order was helpful and ready to take the order, but never explained auto-delivery or penalties - just kept pushing "Money Back Guarantee". So OK, I can sift through the very fine print. After problem, called and asked to talk to supervisor. None available and no return call as promised. Company reliability and customer service almost at its worst.

Twelve days after the product came, I called to cancel, customer service rep pushed back with an arrogant reply, "Oh, so because YOU don't like it - your husband is cancelling, too"! Taking a personal offense that my husband chose not to do the program because we did not see the results expected therefore the product was not for us. What shows up on my charge 4 weeks later!? Nutrisystem charged me $99 each for my husband and me for cancelling. Even though I cancelled before 14 days and even though they emphasize loudly a "Money Back Guarantee". They chose not to honor even the first portion of the guarantee. I did my part and cancelled before 14 days!!!

I have added a quote from their site of Terms and Conditions: "You may cancel your auto-delivery program at any time before 6:00 p.m. ET the day before your order is scheduled to be processed by calling 1-877-338-8446. If you cancel after the first 14 days and prior to paying for your second shipment, your payment method will credit Nutrisystem $125 [for us it was $99. each???] for the auto-delivery discount received on your first shipment."

Hi Dave!

We are so happy to hear that getting started on the program was easy for you. We want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this wonderful review. Keep up the hard work and it'll pay off in the end.

Original review: March 10, 2017

Normally I need to start on a Monday or a day I have planned. I received my order last week but had a very hectic weekend with ailing parents. So I planned on this past Monday. The day was very busy so I pushed starting off till Tuesday... Well that was a busy day too, so I thought this coming Monday will do. For some reason I woke up Wednesday inspired and began. The portions are small but it's an easy plan. I lost 4 pounds in two days! Not a bad start. I have 46 more pounds to lose but this start is motivating.

March 8, 2017 - I am so disgusted with your Nutrisystem Customer Service! I received the turbo charge food order and many of the foods that I wanted was not on the list. I tried some of the food I received with the Turbo Charge and it didn't agree with me. I called Nutrisystem to cancel future food orders and receive a full refund. The customer service rep. was extremely rude. She was upset that I was returning the food, and her tone was nasty. She proceeded to tell me that I would receive a pre-printed return label for $19.99 in my email within an hour. I waited for the label. However I never received it. I called back and told another rep. that I never received the label. That Rep. told me that I would get it in regular delivery mail. She also was extremely rude and asked why I was returning the food!!

Your customer service Dept. needs to address the needs of its customers with care and learn how to speak to customers using manners!!! I am very upset with the service I received. I hope this will reach Bill MacBride your senior Vice President so he can look further into the disconnect with his customer service dept. They definitely need training in public relations. The service I received is unacceptable gives Nutrisystem a poor rating.

After my physician asked that I not use this product, I requested that I discontinue the program. I appreciate the fact that I was not confronted and that an upsell was not initiated. As well, I was advised that I could return my recent shipment for a partial credit. All of the communications I received from customer service were helpful and professional. Kudos.

Resolution In Progress

Hello Bruce,

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience while cancelling the program. We will be looking into this for you and will be in touch. We hope you have a great Monday!

Original review: March 9, 2017

The plan did not work for me. Lost weight the first week, but sticking closely to the rules, I didn't lose anything for the next week and a half. Also my head could not grasp how this type of carb laden meals could aid weight loss. Didn't want to ask for the money back but did want to cancel my next shipment which was due to be processed in another four days. When I called, the Nutrisystem rep. was apparently having a bad day (rather curt/rude). The rep cancelled my order, but charged me $150. When I objected, he basically told me that it was too late to change my mind and ended the call. I immediately checked my credit card and indeed the charge was already posted. Buyer beware!!!

Hello Jill!

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review! We are happy to see that you found the plan to be easy to follow. The added bonus was that you also saw results, too! :) Keep up the awesome progress, Jill.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I lost 20 lbs in two months. It's a no fail program if you follow it. You will definitely lose weight. I usually spend 300$ a month on groceries so it's not too bad the price. I'm hoping to go back on it soon.

Recently I opened up one of the chocolate muffins and it was moldy and hard but the expiration date was still good. I wrote to Nutrisystem and only got a quick apology and a statement that this was a rare complaint from a customer. Not happy.

Resolution In Progress

Hello Angela,

Thank you for your review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will be reaching out to you shortly so that we can look into this for you.

Have a great weekend, Angela.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: March 8, 2017

I have to say, I've been on the program for 3 weeks and really like it! I'm down 8 pounds. (Although my online Numi says I've been on the program for nearly a month, I haven't.) The food (I'm surprised) is good; and easy. My only frustration has been trying to 'ask questions'. I've tried the online chat several times and waiting 20+ minutes is AVERAGE. Once I have my counselor, I don't get the impression that they really know the answers to my questions, that they are 'winging' it. I wish there were more written materials - I would enjoy that.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. We are sorry to see you are experiencing low blood sugar on the program. As always, we recommend speaking to your doctor before starting the program and while you are on the plan just in case some medications need adjusting. We wish you the best of luck.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: March 7, 2017

I have lost weight the first month. I was on basic diabetes diet. Then I switched to uniquely yours diabetic diet. I gained weight that month. I had to eat extra food due to low blood sugars. I'm at a loss at what to do. I don't want to have to eat extra to keep my blood sugar up, and I'm gaining weight. Looks like I need to stop more insulin. I see my doctor in 2 weeks. I'll talk to my doctor then about all of this.

Nutrisystem Company Profile