Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you have had such good experiences with our Weight Loss Counselors. Please let us know anything that we can help with in the future. We hope you have a great weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Counseling Support - You guys are so quick in responding!!! I can't even begin to imagine how many people you deal with day-to-day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to respond so quickly. I really appreciate it.

Hello Dee,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We will be sure to pass your feedback to the correct parties. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. Have a wonderful week!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

A caring message received from the Counseling Team. Nutrisystem not only is here to help in making our lives better but they also truly care about our lives and what we are dealing with in everyday life. This was shown to me recently. I am very appreciative. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hello Trish,

Thank you for writing this review. We are glad to hear the sample menus have helped you with your busy lifestyle. We will be looking into your account and reaching out shortly.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: May 23, 2017

I spoke with a counselor about providing me with weekly menu plans. I did use the one on your site and you just sent me another. I was hoping to receive several weeks of menu plans. They are very helpful especially with a busy schedule. Thank you.

Hello Gerrad,

We are sorry that we do not have a place online to cancel the program. We will be looking into your account and reaching out shortly.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have written several emails stating I would like to cancel my service but they want me to call to cancel. First of all they should have a way to cancel online as you can order it online just like any other company out there. Fine. Charge me an early termination fee I don't have an issue with that.

Hello Lenore,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear about this mix-up. We will be investigating and reaching out soon.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I ordered food for my daughter that needed to be delivered to UPS store. There were so many mix ups and when we finally canceled, the food shows up. I call 3x and emailed 3x and couldn't get to the bottom of the issue. The worst customer care in the entire world. It's no wonder you failed in your bricks and mortar sales.

Hello Tish,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry for your experience while delaying and trying to return the unwanted order. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I delayed my order via computer. I was surprised when it arrived at my door and called. They verified I had delayed it but said since I didn't call to delay it and used the computer instead, it delayed the NEXT order. I asked to return it since it was unopened and was refused. They transferred me to another department who said they were incorrect and I could return it but they would have to transfer me back to the first department. Then that person said the person who said I could return it did not know what they were talking about and I should have called to delay my shipment instead of using the computer. They said that they'd cancel the dry portion for me though... but it too arrived several days later. Horrible customer service!!! I've now joined Weight Watchers.

Hi Tani!

We are happy to hear that we were able to answer you quickly and get you the answers you were looking for! :-) We wish you all the best on the plan and please reach out to our Weight Loss Counselors if you have any questions about getting started.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Thank you so much for your very timely reply to my question about a payment plan. I will be calling soon to place my order. I'm very excited to start the Nutrisystem Plan. I am thankful you have a payment plan option. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hello Joel,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time on the program. We will be looking at your account and reaching out shortly.

Original review: May 17, 2017

The plan did not work. Now I see how things work. I will not recommend it to anyone. You pay all that money I was literally hungry. For the 2 months. I am very well disgusted. Thanks for your time and a waste of my money.

Hello Candice,

We are sorry to hear that you were unaware of our cancellation policy upon trying to discontinue the program. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: May 17, 2017

The deal seemed great at the time but I'm guessing that the frozen and other snack foods are the better options with your brand. You all snuck the cancellation policy in the terms and conditions which feels sleazy so I couldn't cancel.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy to hear that you are experiencing results. Keep up the hard work and you'll soon reach your goal!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I could not have done it myself. I have lost close to 15 lbs. and it's an amazing feeling! I have high hopes that I will continue to lose the weight even as my time on Nutrisystem comes to an end. I highly recommend this to anyone. Even if it's just for a couple months. Give it a chance and take what you learn to your day to day routine! You can succeed!

Hello Ruth,

We are sad to hear that you did not enjoy the foods as much as we would have hoped. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Worst tasting stuff ever. All pasta and gravy. Do they even use real meat? Can't try the upgraded food if you aren't home all the time for delivery. Then, when I cancelled (after sticking consistently to the diet and losing 2 lbs. in a MONTH), I was charged an extra $99. And it took me 3 tries and over an hour on the phone to get them to cancel my membership. You can't do that online. I'd used Nutrisystem years ago with excellent results. They have really gone downhill.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 21, 2017

Nutrisystem was very helpful once I talked to the right employee. I appreciate that they do acknowledge their customers. Like I said, its a great system with good food, just maybe try the starter kit if you feel uneasy about it!

Hello Lena,

We are sorry to hear about the poor experience you had while cancelling the program. This is certainly not how we want out customers to feel once discontinuing. We will be looking into your account and reaching out shortly.

Original review: May 17, 2017

So I ordered Nutrisystem for a month, I liked it but couldn't afford it anymore so I wanted to cancel. I called and was blindsided by the $125 fee, but I accepted the fact that it was my mistake that I didn't see the loophole and was willing to pay the fee. I changed the credit card on my account and deleted the one I used before because I needed to use my new credit card for the fee. They charged the old one (which overdrafted) and I had to make a bunch of calls to try and fix the problem!

Now I want my fee waived because that was not on me, it was on them! I have proof that my new card was the only card on my file at the time I cancelled. They said they will get back to me shortly but I waited a day and had to call them back. I had to repeat myself over and over for them to tell me that if I want a refund on my old card they have to charge my new one first! So now I'm at a lost at $250, plus my overdraft fee! They don't believe in refunds. I think I deserve my fee waived for all the trouble I went through. The system is great if you have the money, just be sure you look at all the charges! And if anything, try the 5-day $40 box they sell at Wal-Mart before you buy a whole month's worth.

Hello Jessica,

First off, congratulations on being a new mom! We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the foods and were unaware of the cancellation charge associated with early termination. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I was very excited to start Nutrisystem. A new mom desperate to shed the weight quickly while eating "well" I went on an ordering spree. After spending over $450 and despite being screwed out of my online "$50 off your first order coupon" - I was ready to go. To my disappointment, the food wasn't that great, I constantly felt hungry. There is a bit of concern about all the dry packed meals and the sodium content. All in all, it just wasn't for me. I called almost two weeks in advance to cancel my subscription and was charged a RIDICULOUS cancellation fee of $125.

I cannot believe that this company would not stand wholeheartedly behind the product and cancel a subscription free of charge for dissatisfaction. I wasn't asking for a refund, I finished my entire month. I just did not want another $450 worth of food which honestly I could've went down the frozen food aisle and bought Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers frozen meals and would've been MUCH happier and saved a ton of money. I gave two stars because the people on the phone are relatively kind. Otherwise I learned the hard way. I spent a lot of money on food that was terrible and then spent a lot of money ($125 to cancel!!!) trying to get myself out of that mess. I would not recommend this.

Hi Donna!

Sounds like you have some hungry dogs! :-) Let's hope they didn't get into the chocolate items. We are glad that we were able to send you out replacements. This'll definitely keep you on track!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I received my very first order, opened the box and poked around and went out for Mother's Day. I came back to find that dogs helped themselves to several items. I contacted NS and they are graciously sending me replacements at no cost! TYSM.

Hi Donna!

We are thrilled that Michael was able to help you get on track! We wish you all the luck with reaching your goal!

Original review: May 15, 2017

Didn't receive Daily tracker in first package, so had no idea what a PowerFuel Carb or SmartCarb was. Haven't been losing weight... could be the reason, I've just been eating whatever I wanted of the NS delivered. I spoke to Michael ** today and he was extremely helpful and emailed me the tracker, grocery guide and women's quick start guide.

Hello Tamara,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sad to hear that you are unsatisfied with NuMi. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I was awarded NUMI rewards only to find out that you have to pay for the s&h. Not good customer service for those of us who use the NUMI app and complete the challenges. What's the point? Where is the incentive? Why bother using NUMI. There are plenty of great calorie counting apps out there. LOSE IT is an exceptional app that you can scan ANY food barcode. And I earned 50% off turbo shakes from using NUMI but have to pay for S&H. So I won't be buying any shakes unless they are 1/2 off again and can be added to my next order. Come on Nutrisystem, don't nickel and dime your true blue old customers because there is plenty of competition out there in the diet food industry!

Hello Scott,

Thank you for providing insights into where we could improve. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: May 14, 2017

I am amazed at how good this program could be, if only NS cared about the customer experience. Numi needs work. Your inventory and ordering system needs work. Your quality control program needs work and there is a definite sense that NS doesn't care. Does anyone even monitor the Facebook NS support thread? The answer is no. How can popular items be out of stock [and not backorderable!] for weeks at a time? Overall, the food is better than I expected, everything else fails to meet expectations.

Hi Donna,

We are sorry to hear you are not enjoying the foods you ordered. We will be looking at your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I am rather disappointed with the program. Thought at first it would be great, not trying to figure out what to eat. However, I am in the 2nd month and dreading meal time. Some of the food is fine, but most of it isn't. Just this morning, had the cinnamon roll and it was so hard and dry, I had to dunk it in coffee. Most of the pasta is soft and mushy. I want to cancel but having trouble.

Hello Anndrea,

We are sorry to hear about your experience on the program. We will be looking into your account and be reaching out shortly.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I was on the program for 7 weeks before I called to cancel any future orders. I was motivated and ready and limited on the extra financial to do this diet program to what I had set aside for what I hoped would be 2 orders. If I still would need to continue after that, I planned to figure it out when I reached that time as far as how I would afford another month. It took a long time to get the first order but I was able to stay motivated and followed the program to a tee. I only lost a few pounds but felt good and could tell the weight was shifting and clothes were beginning to fit better.

However I received only half of my second order and tried to make do using the containers to help with my own groceries while waiting for my frozen order which never arrived. At this point I lost all motivation and although I still have not gone off of the deep end it is frustrating and aggravating to not have been able to continue correctly. Especially having only lost a few pounds I knew one more order was now not going to be enough! When I called about my unreceived order after waiting over a week I was told it would be express shipped and I still did not received until the following Wednesday. That's 2 weeks late and a month after ordering it! When I mentioned how discouraging this was for someone trying to lose weight and depending on this plan all the woman on the phone could tell me was she was sorry!

Then when I sent a similar email... I was told "I see. Call the weight loss counselors." Are you kidding me? Why do you advertise all the reasons one should choose Nutrisystem, such as "perfect for people with busy lifestyles" "and "affordable for any budget", if you're not going to completely understand what that actually means? For being such a large company, I am amazed at the low level of customer service displayed! I am in the service industry and the second I feel a customer is not happy, I do everything I can to turn that around. Starting with refunds and providing services at no charge so that they see we really do care about them and their future business. I did not at all feel cared for. I feel like instead of losing weight, I lost money and motivation! If that was not discouraging enough I was going to have to lose even more money if I ever found that motivation again!

If you stood behind what you claim what you would have done is offer me a full refund, which you did not (and should have) or start my whole plan over again with a credit for my first 2 orders which was not done either! (And honestly would have been the right thing to do for both my health and your profit margin!) Instead what I received was a complete disregard for my inconvenience. And sabotaged motivation, an increase to the financial struggle this already was for me and a sorry about my luck attitude as far as being set back in my goal. So as far as telling me to contact one of your weight loss counselors, somehow that feels like a slap in the face!

Hello Kerri,

We are sorry to hear about the poor experience you had while discontinuing your plan with us. We will be looking into your account and be reaching out shortly.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I placed my first order with Nutrisystem in March. Received my food promptly. I was not satisfied with the food or the program and decided not to continue. I cancelled my next order and thought I was done. I received an email Thursday night that my next order had shipped. What?! I sent an email and was told to call. When I got up the next morning my account had been debited almost $400. I called and was told that I had not been cancelled. I had been delayed. Really?! Sounds really suspicious to me. Apparently when placed on delayed they just send the next order. They don't check with the client.

Deceptive practices for sure. So I spoke with a supervisor who was really rude. He told me he'd cancel my account but kept trying to talk me into staying and asking why I was discontinuing. I finally said, "Look it's really none of your business." He said I would get my money back in 3-5 days. What?!! Really?!! More deceptive practice. I did receive an email that my account was closed and I would receive my refund in 7-10 days if I was due one. So while Nutrisystem is making money off my money I'm out that money. As I was talking to the supervisor he mentioned that I had signed a contract and the contract stated I had to pay $125 to get out of the contract. So, in reality I never signed a contract. Their deceptive practices are cheating me out of $125.

I called back a few hours later and customer service rep told me the account was closed. When I asked when I'd be getting my money back he became unclear. I asked to speak with a supervisor. I waited on hold for 10 minutes. Another rep picked up the call like it was a brand new call. What happened to the supervisor?? She took my information all over again and said she'd forward me to a supervisor. I held for another 15 minutes. In all fairness she came back to me 3 times that the only supervisor was busy with another customer. After a total of 30 minutes waiting she told me that she would have the supervisor call me. It is now 24 hours later and now call. So I'm out $516. No one will call me back. I'm disappointed and angry. I will continue pursuing this but I beg you not to believe the marketing hype. You can lose weight on your own just my portion control and watching what you eat. I'm down almost 20 pounds on my own eating regular food!

Hello Marilyn,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that our Weight Loss Counselors were able to help you gain answers to your questions. Keep up the awesome work!

Original review: May 13, 2017

The counselor was very helpful. The best! I had some anxiety about my first day of eating. She walked me through what I was to do and sent me the menus I had requested. I am feeling better and looking forward to my experience. Thanks.

Hi Allan!

Thanks for stopping by to post this positive review! We are happy that Michael was able to help you in a congenial and professional way. We hope you find success in your weight loss journey, Allan!

Original review: May 12, 2017

I just got off the phone with a counselor named Michael and he asked if I would be willing to stay on the line after our business was finished so I could take part in a survey, and I said I would be happy to; however, I waited and the survey was never presented, and the call terminated so I am happy to have this opportunity to state my comments here. Michael's congeniality and professionalism were superb and I was well satisfied with the way he addressed my concerns, Thank you for this opportunity.

Hello Tara,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you got exactly what you needed when emailing us! We wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey, Tara!

Original review: May 12, 2017

I sent a query to ask for the information on how the Turbo Week works. I need to reboot my plan. I received exactly the information I needed. A breakdown of the foods that are that package and the guidelines. Thank you... this is a great help.

Hello Dawn,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that the shakes you purchased were spoiled. We will be looking into this and reaching out shortly.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I purchased two 4 packs of the Nutrisystem D Shakes. One Vanilla and one Chocolate and when I got them home and chilled them took them out to drink them they both had a bad odor and tasted like they were starting to sour. I proceeded to dump the rest of them out not thinking that I should have kept them until I got ahold of you guys. I was wondering what if anything you could do for me about this. I paid $7.88 each (times 2) and I don't have that kind of money to just dump it down the drain. I no longer have any of the packaging so am hoping you could still help me. Thank you.

Hello EC,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than satisfactory from the sign up to the food. We will be looking into your account and reaching out shortly.

Original review: May 12, 2017

My mother and I decided to try Nutrisystem together. It was an expensive decision at $316.97. Problems immediately started. First, even though we signed up at approximately the same time we were charged different amounts. I was later provided different reasons for that, but ultimately was to receive a credit on my second month. I didn't make it to the second month.

The food provided to customers is horrible. It has a terrible aftertaste and just plain bad. We contacted them to discuss a return on the same day, hours apart. I had to pay $19.95 for a shipping label that was emailed to me. My mother didn't have to pay anything for the label, but was mailed the label. The label didn't arrive for over two weeks. I sent the items back towards the end of March. I still have received a refund. I called on May 1, 2017 and the representative stated I would have my refund by May 11, 2017. I called today, May 12, 2017, and was told it would take another 3-5 to process because now they claim it takes up to 14 business days after receipt of the items. That means that they are claiming it took over a month for the items to be shipped back to them by FedEx. They offer no reviews on their home page, Facebook page, or anywhere I can find. I think that Nutrisystem is a shady company. I will be surprised if I actually receive my refund.

Hello Carl,

First off, we want to apologize that part of your order came thawed but we are happy to hear that you were able to get that resolved rather quickly with our Live Chat option! :-) With summer quickly approaching, please let us know if you come across any other issue with your frozen shipments!

Original review: May 12, 2017

My third order of frozen food came with a 1/3 of the food thawed. I tried to reply to the emails about the delivery and no response. I tried to email Nutrisystem contacts and did not get a response. After vacation I saw the chat option and chatted with a representative that resolved the issue quickly and seemed concerned about the quality of the shipment along with my health. What started out as a frustrating experience was turned around when getting with a representative that seemed to care about me and the product I am using.

Hello Gail,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the plan and wanted to discontinue before the 2nd order. We will be looking at your account and reaching out shortly.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I decided to cancel my second order before the 2 week limit. I was told by Nicole (Nutrisystem) that I would be penalized for doing so, I would have to take the second order before I cancel. That is not what the advertisement said. I will never order again from these people.

Hello John!

We are thrilled to hear that not only 1, but 2 of our representatives were able to help you! :-) We wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!

Original review: May 12, 2017

Both Mike when I called in to asked questions and then Lucrecia from the counseling team were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make sure I understand the program. I'll be checking with my doctor as recommend to see if it is safe for me with my medical condition. Great Job. Thanks!

Hello Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with being charged for shipping. We are going to look into your account and will be reaching out soon.

Original review: May 11, 2017

The order was canceled and a new order was done to correct the shipping charge error. I have been on Nutrisystem for over 6 months and enjoy the food. Was not very thrilled to get the email saying free shipping and then I was charged shipping. I have been charged the same about then it changed and I am on auto-delivery. One phone call took care of the issue, which I was very pleased. Todd figured it out and corrected the issue. I just hope this does not happen again and my charge card is not charged double.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Gary,

We are sorry to hear the foods did not meet your requirements you need in a diet. We will be reviewing your account and reaching out shortly. We hope you have a good weekend.

Original review: May 11, 2017

My wife signed up in my behalf because, frankly I'm overweight, having gained 40 or so pounds over the past year. Partly due to being diabetic. So the Nutrisystem D (for diabetes) seemed the perfect solution - we both were looking forward to getting on the program. So the box arrived, and looking at the snacks and meals everyone had sugar - 9g; 12g; and none were "No sugar added" or mentioning anything like Splenda. Calling Nutrisystem I come to learn the "D" program is the same as the regular weight loss - only without two items such as cheesecake and something else. That's totally unacceptable as a diabetic/weight loss program - no doctor would say "ok" to such high sugar content.

Final - I sent the box back for a full refund and will go make myself a salad for lunch - this program is all hype. Good TV commercials but not at all a healthy plan for "D" - and still, nothing fresh - everything like you'd get in a vending machine - only more expensive. Costco to the rescue - eat fresh, exercise and don't buy cookies with sugar - see, free advice can save you hundreds of dollars.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Jerry,

We are sad to hear that you had a poor experience while on the program and are sorry that the plan did not seem to fit what you are looking for in a diet. We will be having someone look into your account and reach out shortly.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: May 10, 2017

My order took 14 days to receive due to a flooded warehouse in Reno, NV. After taking the Nutrisystem food for 5 days, I got a terrible yeast infection, come to find out, all the food had heavy content of sugar. When I tried to return the food, I was told I had 14 days to return the Nutrisystem food. When I told billing at the Nutrisystem billing office I didn't even get the food for 14 days, she told me she was sorry but that was their policy. I disputed the charge with my card holder who eventually credited my account back the initial food charge. Beware, the food does not taste good, it is loaded with sugar and you only have 14 days to return your order from the initial day of your order, yucky stuff. Went to Weight Watchers and lost 16 lbs. in 25 days. AVOID NUTRISYSTEM FOOD, TOO EXPENSIVE AND TASTE HORRIBLE.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hello Patt,

We are sorry to hear that you were unaware that you signed up on an auto-delivery program. We will be looking into your account and having someone reach out.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: May 9, 2017

On the way to my appointment I tried to call again and once answered I was asked my name and address over and over and I responded repeatedly and then was disconnected. Once again I called and Cynthia answered. I explained that I had received an email about auto deliveries and I wanted to make it clear that I would never request or agree to auto delivery. We are retired and on a fixed income and trying Nutrisystem for a month is all I'd agreed to. We were able to do this month because of the Costco discount. At that point she told me that there would be a cancellation charge of $125. I said that was completely unacceptable and that I would not pay a cancellation charge. I requested she speak with a manager and then continued to my appointment. As you can see, there were numerous frustrating "PR" experiences that could be remedied for future goodwill and customer service.

Nutrisystem Company Profile