4.62/5
Based on 293 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Last updated: April 18, 2018

2845 Nutrisystem Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

She was a wonderful, courteous, sincere consultant who listened to my concerns and helped me with suggestions to get over this 2 week plateau. Great customer service, very knowledgeable and patient! I put her recommendations in place today so we’ll see how it goes! A++ call!

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I placed an extra order of frozen food. Unfortunately, it arrived thawed. I emailed Nutrisystem and got a response within a couple of days saying they would resend the order. I really appreciate the quick response and the way they handled it. Thank you!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have been having good success with the food so far, most are very good. However, I was sent a couple items I cannot eat due to dietary reasons. They are being replaced without charge and working with Nutrisystem has been a pleasure so far.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I had an issue with my order and it was solved completely through Twitter DMs. I was accidentally sent entrees with meat in them even though I ordered the vegetarian plan through QVC and the Nutrisystem team went above and beyond to make it right. I am so beyond impressed!!

Hello Catherine,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your positive experience with our Nutrisystem Social Care Team. We will be sure to pass on your compliment.

Hope you have a great day and welcome to the program!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have to say I like Nutrisystem but my weight isn't coming off. I have been told I am insulin resistant by a doctor. This could be the reason why I am not losing weight. I spoke with a diet counselor this morning and she was very informative about what I should try. I have neglected eating smart carbs in the afternoon, so I am going to try and see if that helps. I am willing to try anything because I want to succeed in my weight loss and my start to good eating habits.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are sorry to hear you have not been losing on the plan. Sometimes a small change like getting in all the PowerFuels and SmartCarbs can make a big difference.

Please keep us posted on your continued progress!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: April 12, 2018

I was getting automatic deliveries too often and have attempted to do an a la carte order which turned out to be more of a problem because I again started getting automatic deliveries of items I did not order. I have requested that all ordering and delivering cease and I do not want to deal with Nutrisystem any longer.

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with your order and trying to cancel your program.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I did not understand how the three week free Nutrisystem coupon worked. I recently cancelled Nutrisystem to take place after the current shipment which just shipped because in a few weeks I am going to be out of town for a few months and I could not continue the program. But will I get a fifth week of Nutrisystem supplies?

Hi Leonora,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. If you signed up with the three weeks free promotion, the free week will be included in your order. You should have a total of five weeks in your shipment.

If anything is missing, please give us a call at 1-800-585-5483 press option one.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I had great success the first time, the second time, I lost 5 pounds. Then just kind of got stuck. I could not stay on Nutrisystem forever. I guess I’m trying to say it works great, if you can stay on the program. I could not afford to stay on it.

Hi Martha,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the program! We are sorry to hear you had to stop the plan due to pricing.

We wanted to let you know that we do have many meal plans available at a variety of price points. We're confident that we can help you find the best fit for you. To learn more please reach out to us at 1-888-848-4689. A Program Specialist would be happy to go over the plans, pricing and current promotions.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2018

Don't be fooled like I was by the commercials. You pay for a 28 day meal plan, but they only give you food for 24 days!!! Portions are small. I am 5'4" and weigh 145. I want to lose 15 lbs and I will because I am starving.

Hi Darlene,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We are so sorry to hear you were not happy with the FLEX meal configuration of the program.

We will have a member from our team reach out soon to help address your concerns. They will also be happy to go over some tips to help with hungry and cravings.

Hope you have a great day.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 9, 2018

It has been wonderful week and I have lost 10 lbs. This is very exciting. Although the portions seem small, with the addition of the vegetables, and spacing out my food intake, I am eating more than enough food. Obviously, portion control and eating the right kind of nutrients was and is my problem. I have not felt hungry at all. Some of the food does not taste as good since it is pre-packaged but it is doing its job. My least favorite lunch is the Kung Pao spicy noodles and my least favorite snack is the honey mustard pretzels. I have been pretty happy with everything else. I've also enjoyed the turbo chocolate shake mix and nutricurb peanut butter chocolate bar. Both have really helped me to curb my hunger pains. Thank you.

Hello Panyoua,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the plan. Congrats on your weight loss, you are off to a great start.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you! Hope you have a great day and welcome to the program.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 8, 2018

I emailed a counseling query on Saturday, April 7. The response was within 3 hours and were accurate and complete. It is reassuring to know that counseling and NuMi chat exist to help me. I like NuMi. I am on my second day of my second week. I am happy with the program so far. Thanks.

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for sending in your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how happy you are with the plan, NuMi and your counseling services.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 6, 2018

Dawn really helped me today. I just started With this program and had some questions. She was very patience in explaining the program and listen what I had to say and send me the menu and a paper for my diverticulosis. My doctor told me only one thing not to eat was corn.She also told me to call on Sunday so I will learn about flex day. I am looking forward to hear about it. Thank you again Dawn for your patience and kindness.

Hello Yolanda,

Thank you so much for your review and welcome to the program! We are so happy to hear that Dawn was able to assist with getting you started with the plan.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I am loving this program. My husband and I are doing it together. I need to lose 75 lbs. and he wants to lose 30 lbs. The food is delicious. I am on Day 5 of the Turbo Takeoff. Looking forward to reaching my goal.

Hi Joyce,

Welcome to the program! We are so happy to hear that you and your hubby are enjoying the plan. What a nice support to be doing the program together!

Please keep us posted on your progress. Hope you have a great day!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Counseling re Turbo Week - My counselor was very helpful and explained my options. She was easy to talk to and helped me to keep my momentum. I am encouraged and have a better understanding of the first week. My counselor also suggested that I use the NuMi app which is a good idea for supporting my concern. Thank you!

Hello Reva,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that Marquita was able to assist with getting you started on the program.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Started Nutrisystem in March and have had nice results so far. I'm wearing jeans I haven't worn in years. Customer Service is outstanding the couple times I have called. All the food, with the exception of 2 items, have been very palatable and yummy! I see negative reviews for the cancellation policy and the fact is... you should be reading EVERYTHING before agreeing to ANYTHING! It's only common sense. I won't be cancelling anytime soon as I am thoroughly enjoying the convenience of the program as well as the results I am seeing! Kudos Nutrisystem!!!

Hi Nikki,

Thank you so much for sending in your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you are enjoying the plan.

Congratulations on your weight loss and please keep us posted on your continued progress!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I would like to say that the Nutrisystem program is absolutely wonderful. I wasn't able to exercise after breaking my leg, and I gained 13 lb. I did not know how I was going to lose it so I gave Nutrisystem a try. I have had the best experience ever with Nutrisystem and the counselors. I kept hitting plateaus because I wasn't exercising, but the counselors kept encouraging me. The food was delicious! I will continue on the success program to maintain my weight. I want to thank everyone at Nutrisystem for all of their help guidance and support. No matter how many times I called in, the counselors were great! Today, I met my goal! I could not be more elated. The program is so great that I lost this weight without being able to exercise. It is also taught me to eat much healthier than I have ever done in my life!

Hi Judy,

Congratulations on reaching your goal! We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the plan and the meals.

We appreciate the kind words regarding the counseling services and will be sure to let them know.

Hope you have a great day and keep up the good work!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Customer service was so pleasant. Answered all my questions and took care of what I needed. I lost some of the paperwork in my shipment. This is being sent to me at no charge. Looking forward to the program and am assured if I need assistance it is available.

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the program and thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear you concern was taking care of in timely manner.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the plan.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Dishonest company. If you cancel before your second or third expensive ($450) shipment, they charge you all the money you saved on the first shipment. Also, the money back guarantee is only good if you return it within 14 days and send all the products back. Not practical. Food is terrible and there’s not nearly enough to function properly. Cancelling is a nightmare as you have to talk to a pushy salesman. I would not recommend Nutrisystem.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience on the program. We are sorry to hear you were not happy with food and had a hard time cancelling.

Customer increased Rating by 3 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 4, 2018

I signed up for one month. Lost 10lbs. I am very happy that I had the weight loss. I was charged for a second shipment and when I called to stop the delivery and ensure I was canceled from the program I was charged another large fee. I understand there is small print but when you go through the small print ensure you can read it. Their system is very overwhelming and not easy to get to all the small print. I have been trying to resolve this issue and requested a supervisor. After being transferred twice I was told a supervisor would call me. It’s been three days and have not heard from one but they ensured to charge my account again.

Hello Al,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. Congrats on your weight loss with the program. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had when trying to cancel.

We will be looking into your account and getting in touch soon to assist.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Because of a fraud alert on my card I had to cancel it. They assured me my NUMI order would go through, but that was not the case. After 50 minutes of waiting for a consultant I decided to use the chat. Nick ** was extremely helpful & put me through to Matthew **. He was awesome and gave me the tools I needed until I get my next order.

Hi Beth,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so sorry to hear about the issue with your order and wait time!

We appreciate you letting us know what a great job Nick and Matt did on your chat. We will be sure to let their supervisors know.

Customer increased Rating by 1 stars! Resolution In Progress
Resolution response: April 14, 2018

Since my last review, Nutrisystem staff members have made a concerted effort to reach out to me regarding the rocky start I experienced. They were very kind and generous in this regard which is more in keeping with what I would have expected initially. I appreciate their understanding but mostly hope that they have confirmed their policies with their sales staff with regard to chronic conditions when a customer first begins Nutrisystem.

We are enjoying the ease of having pre-packaged foods that each of us can choose to our individual tastes, are losing weight, and are re-calibrating what healthy portion sizes are compared to what we have ‘learned’ to expect over years of family dinners and fast food marketing.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Ordering via telephone was long and drawn out. I was told that I would be called back in two minutes to speak to the 'nutrition' counselor (because I have hypertension) and did not receive a call in 30 minutes, so I called back, spoke to someone else who took my order and said I did not have to speak to the 'nutrition' counselor. I then received a message stating that my order had been cancelled because I did indeed have to speak to a counselor before ordering. The sales rep was courteous, but somewhat stuck on selling me a certain plan (the full 30 month with automatic 2nd month or penalty) such that it took quite a bit of time to understand what my options really were.

Finally ordered and he gave us a week's worth of shakes for the 'troubles' (no shaker)--was a nice gesture, but frankly, given what occurred, I expected more. Told me quickly how it was supposed to work--well, that we'd eat our own meals on the weekends. When I received the food there was no sample meal plan as stated there would be online. There was a "success" booklet, but that is not what we were doing or had discussed with the salesman. I called to inquire and finally, via email, I received the sample meal plan with instructions/guidance about how the program is supposed to work for me and my husband.

The food so far has actually exceeded our expectations except for a couple of breakfast bars and snacks. I can feel/tell already a change in what I recognize as a portion--smaller than I had grown (pun intended) to expect and eat. So, we got off to a disappointing start (feeling pressured to buy something I didn't want or need rather than fitting the program to what best suited me, ordering/not ordering, wrong information, no information), but so far so good--am enjoying the portioned, easily made meals. Hoping for success.

Hello Darlene,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience on the program. We are sorry to hear there were such issues with your first order!

Original review: April 1, 2018

I sent an email and got a reply with no answer. I sent another email and again got no reply. I need to know how long the 2 boxes of food I have received are supposed to last. This is poor customer service. Please contact me at my email with the answer. Thank you.

Hello Anita,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had when emailing us about your program. You should have received 24 breakfasts, 24 lunches, 24 dinners, and 24 snacks for this month.

We will be looking into your account and getting in touch soon to assist.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 1, 2018

Called customer service because I mixed up my turbo package. And Alex was awesome!!! I did call again because I didn’t know if he had the right email and a VERY rude associate answered! But thankfully Alex did send it to the right email, pray I for now on, get people to answer like Alex, he was AWESOME! Thank you!

Hello Christa,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that Alex was able to assist with your question.

We will be sure to let his supervisor know what a great job he did! We will also have a member from our team reach out regarding your concern with the second representative. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

Original review: March 31, 2018

Did not receive a Get Started book with my order and the young man who helped me was just so helpful. He answered all my questions. And he went over and over my plan. I'm on to make sure I'm ok with it. Said he'd mail me my book I need in the mail. Very sweet guy, Thank you for all your help.

Hello Sandy,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that Thomas was able to assist with getting you started on the program.

We will be sure to let his supervisor know what a great job he did!

Original review: March 31, 2018

On the website's Manage Next Order page, I accidentally moved up my next order to the next day, which was same date my current order was being delivered. I sent an email and the response from Kristen ** was very quick and solved the issue. Thank you.

Hello Karla,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that Kristen was able to assist with your order.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Very quick and helpful fix. I’ve contacted Nutrisystem 4 times. Two times before I joined with questions and once due to a damaged item in shipping and now this. Each time, my expectations have been exceeded. Great customer services! Thank you!

Hello Sonya,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you were pleased with your experience when contacting us for assistance!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 30, 2018

This was the dumbest thing ever. I had to call and got a woman who wouldn’t let me cancel because I “had an active account”. I don’t know what that means but I want the food to stop coming; no one eats it. This was frustrating and an email should have sufficed. I don’t understand why I had to give “verbal confirmation” that I wanted to cancel.

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had when trying to cancel your program.

Customer increased Rating by 2 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 29, 2018

The message system Nutrisystem is using is very poor. This crackling and on the line and it's very unclear at times. When I press number 3 that they said was Diet counseling I got cancellation. This should be addressed as soon as possible. I'm disappointed. Also I did not received the paperwork in my order that I should have received. I had to call Nutrisystem to ask what I should do for the very first day tomorrow. I'm a new customer and I don't feel that I've been treated very well.

Hello Gloria,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had issues when calling in for assistance. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We value you as a customer and will have someone from our team reach out soon.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was interested in knowing if I could swap out my nightly snack for an apple or orange and was told I could swap out with a PowerFuel & SmartCarb. Great to know!!! Everything about this program is great and I am very happy with my results thus far. Looking forward to a healthy new lifestyle with Nutrisystem!!!

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We are so happy to hear that your counselor was able to give you some helpful suggestions.

Please keep us posted on your continued progress with the plan.

Hope you have a great day.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I want to thank Nutrisystem for helping me make healthy changes to my order. I am diabetic and originally ordered things not knowing they were not all diabetic friendly, so when I contacted them about making the changes I needed. I spoke with a customer service rep who was originally not that helpful, but she passed me on to another person who was very, very helpful. I wanted to put in a good word on her behalf, but she was also very humble and just said she was glad to help. Nutrisystem should find this lady and give her a higher pay grade, she's awesome! Thank you so much for helping me get this right for my health!

Hello Mike,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you were pleased with your experience when speaking with your counselor.

We will be sure to let her supervisor know what a great job she did on your phone call.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Nutrisystem expert review by JJ Virgin

Nutrisystem's low-calorie diet plans feature both pre-selected and customized menus with more than 150 pre-packaged food options. Customers can benefit from an online health tracking platform and individualized counseling from dieticians and weight loss coaches.

• Separate plans: Nutrisystem offers separate plans for men and women, with different options and price points customized to your weight loss goals. Because it is not a “one size fits all” plan, Nutrisystem could work well for anyone on the go who demands fast, satisfying meals for weight loss.

• A diabetes plan: With meals containing 12 grams or less of sugar, Nutrisystem takes the guesswork out of choosing optimal low-glycemic foods to stabilize blood sugar -- which could be good for people with any degree of insulin resistance.

• Convenience: Any busy person who does not have time to prepare their own meals would benefit from having frozen and other pre-packaged meals and snacks delivered to their home. Nutrisystem will ship all the food you need to your doorstep, with free shipping included. You can also find their products on QVC, at Costco and at several major grocers and mass retailers like Kroger and Walmart.

• Transition and maintenance plan: This program provides long-term fat loss success rather than just focusing on initial weight loss, which is important for those who need to establish lifelong healthy habits.

• Vegetarian options: While all of the meals offered by Nutrisystem are designed to comply with the USDA's recommendations for a nutritious diet, those who want to stick to a vegetarian diet can especially benefit from Nutrisystem. You can avoid all animal products and still lose weight with Nutrisystem, with over 90 vegetarian options.

• Frequent meals: Many people fail at diets because their bodies crave snacks to maintain their blood sugar levels throughout the day. Because Nutrisystem allows 6 meals a day, you can avoid a dip in your blood sugar that could lead to cravings. By eating smaller portions, you can eat more frequently and still reach your weight loss goals.

• Best for: college students, busy adults and new moms.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin

Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Nutrisystem Company Information