4.16/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

2543 Nutrisystem Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I was unable to log my new weight on page where teddy bears were shown. I'm impressed with the response time for an answer. Unfortunately I'm unimpressed with the new NuMi and will now simply keep a journal by hand.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

All of my Doctors, and I do have a lot of them, wanted me to have the sleeve done so that I could lose weight. I chose Nutrisystem instead. This is the start of my third month and I have lost 33 pounds. I am very happy with the food choices and appreciate how many different choices you give us. All of the staff is very helpful and believe me that is really appreciated.

Hi Carolyn!

We are so happy to hear about your progress on the program. We wish you continued success on the program. Show them doctors who's boss! :-)

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was concerned that vanilla extract might contain alcohol as this is an ingredient I cannot have at all in any amount. Olivia, my counselor was very helpful and reassuring and explained that none of the foods in Nutrisystem contains alcohol. But she went even further to replace the food that contained vanilla extract with one that didn't and to send me a list of the ingredients in every meal.

Hi Iman!

We are so happy to hear that you were able to have your concerns about vanilla extract dealt with in a satisfactory way. We wish you the best of luck with your program. Please call, email, or live chat with us if you come across any other questions!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The food was tasty. The NuMi app is amazing. This app made losing the weight so much easier. I use it every day. I have lost all the weight I wanted and still plan on using NuMi every day. Being able to see my progress was so helpful. This app literally kept me responsible for my diet/activity choices and in turn kept me motivated.

Hi Suzanne!

We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed the food and NuMi while on the program. Using what works for you will make you even more successful. Keep it up!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I appreciate the prompt response and am very satisfied with the info relayed to me. Also accidentally skipped survey for chat. Tina was very personable and answered all my questions as well. Impressed so far with all aspects of Nutrisystem!

Hi Tamera,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy to hear that Tina was able to help you out! We wish you the best of luck with the program. Don't ever hesitate to call, email, or live chat with us!

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Nutrisystem's customer service reps are great! I have had contact with two different people in the past 2 weeks and the promptness of their response and the concise information was much appreciated. They are what customer service should be. Thank you also for the great food - everything, so far, is delicious..

Hi Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great interaction with not 1, but 2 of our representatives. We wish you the best of luck on the program. Any questions that arise, feel free to give us a call, email, or live chat with us!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I received my first Nutrisystem delivery. No problems except almost everything has a chocolate ingredient (hate chocolate). Attempted link without success. Opened my e-mail this AM and found shipment has been sent. The company sent e-mail late night prior to delivery ensuring a high probability of inability to stop shipment. Feels a little wrong to me, discontinued plan. I think they have a questionable ethics model for their business.

Hi Erma,

We are sorry to hear that you received an unwanted shipment. We will be taking a look at your profile and reaching out shortly.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I pay a lot of money for only 24 days of food. I must have your prepared food at this stage of my diet. Now I have to schedule more deliveries at a greater cost to me. Unfair. On top of it you cannot get the deliveries to me on time. I am disgusted.

Hi Lori,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the program configuration as well as are you not getting your orders in a timely manner. We will be looking into this and reaching out.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I tried the Nutrisystem for the first time after ordering it online. I read the fine print but evidently missed the part about owing a penalty if I canceled after the first order and didn't order a second. This is not a good business practice if you want to have a good reputation. In fact, it should be illegal!!! So now I owe a $125.00 penalty out of my meager military retirement pay!!! I didn't request a second order because I found the food to be practically uneatable... Bland and extremely small servings. No wonder they advertise that if you follow the plan you will lose weight... Who wouldn't on that meager amount of food! It seems you can't trust any company anymore... They all are after your money.

Hi Larry,

We are sorry that you missed the cancellation fee when reading the Terms and Conditions. We will be taking a look at your account and reaching out soon.

Resolution response: Nov. 12, 2017

Thank you for your prompt response to my concern. Please know that I am satisfied with my results on your program and would be happy to enroll in the program again if needed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I would first like to say that I am pleased with my progress on Nutrisystem. However after about five months of orders, I decided to start the process of reincorporating different food into my diet. This morning, I tried to cancel my reoccurring order, and I received less than courteous service. The representative tried to argue with me rather than accept my cancellation. I understand that their goal is to sell product, but I was dismayed when she continued to argue against my reasoning for cancellation.

Hi Camiria,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience while trying to cancel. We certainly do not want out customers, current and prior, to ever feel this way when calling in. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Option: Out of Nutrisystem. I want to decline any further Nutrisystem contact and no further food orders to be sent to my home. You had sent two boxes to my home which were not authorized. Do not do this. Refund my Visa charge card immediately.

Hi Nanette,

We are so sorry to hear that you are receiving orders that are unwanted. We will be taking a peek into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I ordered in January of 2017. I hated the food. It was nasty. I grit my teeth and ate the food for 3 weeks before I got sick. I contacted customer service and they told me "you cannot cancel." I went online and delayed my order every month. Changed my credit card, but the credit card company only changed the security number on the back of the card! Last month Nutrisystem charged my Discover card $99 cancellation fee. WTF. So much for satisfaction guaranteed. I not only didn't lose weight. I HATED the food and it made me sick! Do yourself a favor and don't buy this crap!

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear that you were not a big fan of the foods which was the reason for your cancellation. We will be taking a peek at your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I very excitedly signed up online to begin my Nutrisystem weight loss program. The food and all the information pamphlets arrived in a timely manner and I began the program. Almost 2 weeks into the program I began experiencing stomach cramping and diarrhea. I thought I had picked up a bug and continued with the Nutrisystem. My condition continued and became a bit worse. I went off the packaged meals for a day and began feeling better. Upon resuming my program, the symptoms returned. I decided it must be something in the meals. I called Nutrisystem and the representative I spoke with said they were aware of the fact that some of the additives they had to use did cause some people problems.

She offered to upgrade my program for no additional fee, but since I did not know exactly what ingredient was causing my problem, I declined. I couldn’t justify spending another $300 when I didn’t know if that would take care of the problem. When I told her I just wanted to cancel, I was told it would cost $125 to do so. She said it was in the information I had looked at on the online site. I honestly do not remember seeing that, I could have just been excited about joining. I just feel that if there is a known problem with their product, I should not be penalized because of their problem. This has left me with a very negative feeling towards Nutrisystem.

Hi Stephanie,

We are so sorry to hear that you were experiencing cramping and diarrhea while eating the food. We will be looking into your profile and reaching out soon.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I subscribed to the weight loss program and must admit that I couldn't follow it right away as we had visitors from out of the country. Once they left early October, I got back on the program and followed it closely and did not lose weight, but actually gained weight! I called Customer Service and we refined my program a bit and I followed it daily and used my tracker. Another woman in my office is on the program and has had success with it.

When I complained that not only was I NOT losing weight, but had actually gained 2 pounds, she couldn't figure out the reason. After a while, I finally lost 2 pounds for my total weight loss. I am really, really disappointed. It's difficult to stay on track and when you are disciplining yourself to remain faithful with no cheats, the reward of no weight loss is HUGE. I gave up today and will return to Jenny Craig in a week or two. I actually lost weight on that program 10 years ago and wish I wouldn't have wasted the 2 months I spent on Nutrisystem this time.

Hi Nancy,

We are sorry to hear that you did not experience the results on the program that you were hoping for. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Can't say enough about the Nutrisystem weight loss program. The food is delicious; very reasonably priced and counselors are always available to offer assistance. I've been a lifetime member with Weight Watchers for a number of years, but now that I've tried Nutrisystem, I have to say I prefer this program over Weight Watchers. Weight loss was much quicker as well. I plan to continue ordering Nutrisystem food items after I've reached my goal, and into the future. That's how good the food is.

Hello Charla,

Thank you so much for you kind review! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the plan. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Hardly an answer with any corrective action to be addressed. The customer should have more choices regarding how and when an order is shipped PERIOD. UPS or USPS or overnight freight. Additionally if a delay shipment pre-ordered could be an option delivery, could be tailored to a specific date so the customer would have what he wants when he wants it and you all would fill it as it was convenient for that delivery date. Everybody wins!!

Hello Lindel,

We are sorry to hear that the methods of shipment that we offer are not to your satisfaction. One of our team members will reach out to you soon to review your options.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

When I updated my monthly order today I noticed that there was no turkey or meatloaf dinner. The turkey dinner has been an all time favorite of mine for over 3 years (still order food for maintenance of lost weight). Please don't discontinue these items. There aren't enough meat and potato type meals already for lunch and dinner. Also, I wish you would bring back the old shakes. The new Turbo shakes don't taste nearly as good. Granola cereal also not as good as before.

Hello Luanne,

We are sorry to hear that some of your favorites are missing from the menu! Additionally, we are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying some of the items that have been updated. One of our team members will be reaching out shortly to assist you with your concerns.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Nutrisystem is very overpriced. The food is terrible and when I called for assistance the girl that helped me was very rude. Would never ever recommend this to anybody and also Nutrisystem needs to post that there is a two month contract in the beginning of their website not till the very very end when you go to sign out and pay. Also needs to be a little bit located they should let you know earlier when you’re reading about Nutrisystem that is it a two month contract and the Money back guarantee should be for one month not for 14 days because you have one month worth of food.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that the plan has not met your expectations. We will have one of our team members reach out soon to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

This was the third time I have used Nutrisystem. My goals were different this time and my focus was more dedicated. Being dedicated and committed to weight loss is crucial. I lost 42 lbs, went from a 18W to a size 12. Feeling great!!

Hello Wendy,

We are thrilled to hear that you are feeling great! Keep up the awesome work and let us know if there is anything we can help you with!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have grown averse to most of the foods in the frozen selections. The last order is one of the first to arrive without melted food. Food is thrown at my door when I am here by delivery without even knocking on door (lest the bang!) I have not lost weight. This summer when I visited my mother, I lost 16 pounds just eating normally and getting in a daily swim/bike ride. I don't like biting into the cartilage-like chicken, the bars get stuck in my throat. Recently, the french toast, broccoli wraps and ice cream bars are fairly good, but I've been on the program so long that I am sick of them. I am also traveling and cannot keep up. My freezer was stuffed when hurricane Irma hit, and I didn't lose power, but my being on the diet at this time with family obligations out of state is wasteful and cost prohibitive.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the foods, but certainly understand that the foods can become monotonous after a while. We will have a team member reach out shortly to assist you!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Just ordered a month's supply. Got 25 days of food. Lie number one. Tried to cancel future deliveries. Was told that would cost $125.00. Not anything made clear in the sale ordered online so it must be in the miles of fine print. Could not cancel online due to security reasons. Right but I ordered and used my CC ONLINE. I HATE BEING LIED TO. HATE BEING RIPPED OFF EVERY TIME BY THESE CRIMINALS. If you think there are 25 days in a month have fun. I'm not anybody's fool. Provide 30 days of diet food not 25.

Hi Mike,

We are sorry to hear that you were unaware of the program configuration, as well as the cancellation fee. We will be assigning this to a member of the team and they will be reaching out soon.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

After ordering the food, (I went with the more expensive option so I could choose my food), I realized that I was only getting 18 days plus 7 of the turbo which is 25 days and that the next month I would only be getting 24 days worth of food! This means I'm paying for 7 days of the program that I will be just eating my own food! They advertise the price at 11.99 per day but with the "flex days" (actually meaning buy your own food days) it's 13.99 a day!!! That's almost $50 extra dollars I'm being charged! I contacted them through the chat function and got no help and when I asked for a manager was told there was none available!

Hi Rebekkah,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry that the program configuration was not clear to you. We will be looking into your account and reaching out.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I thought the Nutrisystem worked wonders on me. I just ran out of money, and I feel very guilty using money when my husband is the only one working. But it was more than I thought it would be. I don't get hungry. The food is very good, and the plan worked for me. I still have lots more to lose, but someday I will reach it, and it's due in part to Nutrisystem!

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the plan. If you have any questions about maintaining, please call one of our helpful Weight Loss Counselors to help stay on track!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

There are several cautions that I want to raise:

1. Nutrisystem has a sneaky penalty for subscribers: If you purchase a 28-day supply using their discounted subscription pricing, you effectively commit to receiving at least one more order from them, or face having a $125 penalty assessed for cancelling before the second order is processed. I realized this as my order was being placed online… and that’s certainly not when you want to learn about a hidden cost.

2. Nutrisystem now advertises and sells what they call a 28 day plan, but the reality is that they only send meals for 24 days, not 28. Why is this, you might ask? The answer is what they call a Flex Meal. Here’s what they say: “While on Nutrisystem, you’ll get to enjoy flex meals and snacks – one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner and two snacks each week on your own.” That’s an inconvenient way to describe how they short your order for 4 days worth of food on that 28-day meal plan (and yes, they are truly shorting your order – see my next point).

3. Prices for Nutrisystem have gone way, way up and they deliver a lot less at the same time. Because I was a recurring customer starting in 2008 I have access to the orders I placed then, and can compare them to what I’m purchasing now. Here’s a comparison: Nov 2008: 4 weeks + 1 week free, male $277.99 (no discount); Nov 2011: 35 day program, male $259.99 (no discount); Aug 2013: 4 weeks + 1 week free, male $259.99 ($65 discount); Sep 2017: 4 weeks (technically 24 days), male $384.29 ($133.07 discount); Oct 2017: 4 weeks (technically 24 days), male $414.29 ($103.07 discount). That “discount” is a complete joke, because their prices have gone from roughly $7.94 per day for meals in 2008, to $17.26 per day for meals in 2017… and that’s not including the pre discounted price. That’s a 217% increase in cost.

4. Order processing is late; often later than you’d expect. My first recent order took 1 week to process. My second recent order (keep in mind that it was a subscription/automatic order) was supposed to process 5 days ago, and is still unprocessed. At this point I will have a gap in the Nutrisystem diet because I’ve effectively run out of food from the first order. Keep in mind that my prior orders in 2008, 2011 and 2013 always processed in one day. According to their customer service, their official processing and shipping time is now 4-10 business days.

5. Customer Service is a soothe-sayer, and they aren’t great at placating. That problem you’re contacting them about isn’t really a problem; it’s a feature of the program, or it’s their interpretation. As an example, when I contacted them about the late second order I was told “With the way our auto-delivery system works, we weren’t scheduled to begin processing you(r) order until [order date].” Silly me. I thought that with the order in their system for weeks, they could actually have planned to ship the order on the date indicated.

6.You have to call to cancel their Auto-Delivery program. Even though you can order, delay and edit your order online, the one thing you can’t do is cancel the service online… which only makes sense if you’re going to talk someone out of cancelling the service. According to forum support topics, "How do I cancel my plan?" and "Can I customize, cancel or delay my auto-delivery order?" You MUST call to cancel the auto-delivery service. The best part? If you already paid and are due a refund, they take their sweet time (up to 8 weeks) to refund your money.

Once my second order finally ships, I’m placing the call to cancel any future auto-delivery with Nutrisystem. Yes I’ve lost weight; but the problems of cost/value, bad customer practices and poor customer service are enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Hello Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and voice your concerns. We will have one of our team members reach out soon to help address these matters. We look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I am sorry to say the food did not taste good at all. It all had a certain smell and flavor that was very unappealing. I did see that the frozen got good reviews. I may try that ala carte but must say what I got I would not eat. I am throwing it out. Oh the bars were pretty good.

Hello Ellen,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy some of the foods. Taste can be tricky. We will have one of our team members reach out soon to help you out with coming up with some new ways to enjoy it!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I enjoy the food and it’s easy to stay on track, but when I try to eat normal food for the flex meals, my stomach won’t tolerate it. Makes it hard to attempt eating out. Is this normal?? 5 months and down 35 lbs so it does work!

Hello Kate,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you are doing well but certainly understand your concern of eating out. We will have one of our team members reach out to offer advice!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I signed my wife and I up for Nutrisystem 2 months ago, she only joined to help support my weight loss and get me started. The problem started when I went to cancel her account, Nutrisystem has you create an account with your email and a password but only allows you to cancel by phone. When I called to cancel her account, an account I created for her on-line with our credit card, the service rep would not cancel her account without talking to her, stating it was for security reasons. This was not true, remember I had to create an account with a password so you should be able to cancel your account after logging onto Nutrisystem with that password!

The reason my wife was forced to get on the phone with Customer Service was so they could pressure her into continuing with the program. I was so angry that I cancelled my account as well! But only after having to explain to the rep 4 times why. Nutrisystem, you have a good product, you don't need the high pressure tactics. You lost out on a long term customer! I still have @80 lbs to lose and now I'm looking for a new company to do business with! If you use this company just be prepared to argue and fight with the customer service rep when it's time to stop.

Hello Jeff,

We are sorry that you had trouble discontinuing your wife's account. We are happy to know that you have a great support system! One of our team members will reach out soon to assist you with your wife's account!

Resolution response: Nov. 5, 2017

Sorry, didn’t realize this was a public forum when I wrote the above or I wouldn’t have written it. I’ve been doing well on Nutrisystem and it’s working for me. Lost 23 lbs in 12 weeks. The food is tasty and the people on the phone are encouraging. Looking forward to my next bear!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have lost over 20 lbs and was waiting for Nutribear20. Today in the mail I got another red 10 lb bear. Makes me want to eat a bag of chips!!!! The packing slip says it should be a 20 bear. Will it be another 2 weeks before the correct one is sent out?

Hello Robin,

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! We are happy to hear that you are doing well but completely understand the disappointment in getting the wrong bear. One of our team members will reach out soon to assist you in getting the right bear!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Nutrisystem works. I've lost over 70 lbs since January. Problem is... a couple of months or so ago they changed shipping services from UPS to FedEx. I've had problems ever since. I've lost my frozen food twice now because FedEx can't get it to me with any kind of predictability. And... if FedEx doesn't feel like making the effort then they just drop it off at the post office where it may set for a day or two before anybody realized that it is there. Great went to terrible just like that. I'm recommending to all of my friends and family to avoid Nutrisystem like the plague until they can correct their issues. Doesn't sound like they are interested in doing that. Terrible business decision.

Hi Joel,

We are so happy to hear you've been successful on the program but your success is being overshadowed by the troubles you are having with the shipping of your orders. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Ive struggled with losing weight for a number of years. I looked at several diet systems but finally settled on trying Nutrisystem because it seemed to be the closest to what would fit me. I stuck to the plan for 16 weeks and only "cheated" once or twice. However, even when I cheated I kept Nutrisystem in mind and made better choices. I lost 38 lbs by the end of those 16 weeks and have lost another 10 or 12 on my own so far. On Feb 27, 2017 I wore sz 16/18 pants and today I wear sz 8/10!!! That's smaller than when I met my husband 17 years ago!! Im aiming to be down to 160 by Christmas or at least by my 1 yr Nutrisystem Anniversary on Feb 27, 2018! I couldn't have gotten this far without your system and councilors! Thank you!!

Hello Leah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review! We are thrilled to hear that you are doing well on the plan! Please let us know if there is anything we can answer for you.

Nutrisystem Company Information