Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Nutrisystem delivers healthy meals with a detailed guide and diet plan to your door. Monthly plans don’t offer in-person support, but they do help dieters learn about balanced, portion-controlled eating habits.

PROS

• Meals shipped to your door
  • Vegetarian and diabetic options
  • Affordable

CONS

• No in-person support

Top Nutrisystem Reviews We Found

I have been using Nutrisystem for almost a year and I am very pleased with the food and the results. My food always arrives fast and tastes amazing… Nutrisystem is flexible and offers me the convenience I need.

Just want to say thanks. I've sent several emails to counseling support in the few days that I've been on the plan and they are so helpful and encouraging... I like the emails as this way I can save for reference. Thanks Nutrisystem!

Nutrisystem Learn More

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

What is Nutrisystem?

Nutrisystem is a weight loss and nutrition company for people who want to manage their weight, eat healthily and create new diet habits. Nutrisystem offers monthly meal plans and à la carte items, and it sells products on the company's website and through authorized retailers and distributors.

Nutrisystem offers four primary plans — Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus — and has vegetarian and diabetic options available. Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include unlimited frozen meals and snacks, and flex meals allow customers the opportunity to cook balanced meals at home or eat at restaurants. Customers have the option of getting handpicked meals with the Chef’s Choice menu or individually picking their meals at sign-up. Nutrisystem sells plans directly on its website.

How does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem dieters eat every two to three hours, up to six times per day. A printed meal plan is included in the first shipment to make it easy for dieters to follow their Nutrisystem plan from the start. Depending on the plan, meal and snack items include options such as buttermilk waffles, mac and cheese, grilled chicken sandwiches and chocolate-covered pretzels.

Meal deliveries are made every four to 10 days. Frozen meals are shipped in frozen storage trucks and packed in dry ice that keeps them frozen for up to eight hours after delivery. One of the benefits of Nutrisystem is free order tracking, which makes it easy to manage and adjust your meals.

Nutrisystem plans

Nutrisystem Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus and Vegetarian plans can be customized for male or female dieters, and the company has diabetic options. Nutrisystem’s website lists a comprehensive nutritional breakdown of all menu items on each plan.

Nutrisystem Basic
Choose your meals or go with the Chef’s Choice, a preset menu of popular foods. A typical eating schedule on Nutrisystem includes three meals and three snacks per day and includes menu items like three-cheese chicken with steamed broccoli, apple cinnamon oatmeal and white cheddar popcorn. A four-week Basic plan with auto-delivery costs $294.99. Customers can add shakes for an additional $79.98.
  • Basic Diabetes: Nutrisystem created its Basic Diabetes plan to help customers manage their glucose levels while losing weight. The Basic Diabetes plan includes menu items such as blueberry muffins, chicken noodle soup and white chocolate chunk cookies.
Nutrisystem Core
Nutrisystem Core comes with more variety and food options than the Basic plan. The first week comes with specially selected meals to jump-start weight loss and ease dieters into the plan. The Core plan also includes unlimited online support from counselors and dietitians. A four-week Core plan with auto-delivery costs $319.99, and probiotic shakes can be added for an additional fee.
  • Core Diabetes: The Core Diabetes plan offers Chef’s Choice Pack and unlimited customer support. With portion control, customers can enjoy whole-grain crackers and cheese, cheese tortellini and Santa Fe-style chicken on Nutrisystem’s Core Diabetes plan.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours
Uniquely Yours is similar to the Core and Basic plans but comes with even more menu options. A typical Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours day might include a cranberry orange muffin, mixed nuts and a cup of coffee for breakfast, a hamburger and side salad for lunch, roasted turkey and green beans for dinner and snacks throughout the day. Not including shakes, four weeks of auto-delivery costs $359.99.
  • Uniquely Yours Diabetes: With even more menu options created for those with Type 2 diabetes, dieters can manage their blood glucose levels and eat healthy, balanced meals and snacks. On the Uniquely Yours Diabetes, customers have the bonus of receiving unlimited frozen meals and snacks. Favorite menu items include apple slices dipped in peanut butter, ice cream sandwiches and broccoli and cheese melt with sliced vegetables.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Plus
The Uniquely Yours Plus plan includes everything in the three previous plans and adds even more variety and high-protein shakes. On a typical day, you might have waffles and scrambled eggs with coffee for breakfast, a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad for lunch and a pizza with salad for dinner. Probiotic shakes, cheese puffs, popcorn and mixed nuts make for great snacks throughout the day, and you can even have a chocolate brownie sundae for an evening snack. At $399.99 per month with auto-delivery, it’s one of Nutrisystems best plans for those who crave variety.
Nutrisystem Vegetarian
Nutrisystem's vegetarian plan makes it easy for customers on plant-based diets to enjoy balanced and nutritional meals. Menu items include home-style pancakes and stuffed shells with sautéed spinach plus a variety of sweet and savory snacks. Four-week vegetarian plans with auto-delivery start at $359.99.

Compare Nutrisystem cost

Core$11.43
Uniquely Yours$12.86
Uniquely Yours Plus$14.29

Nutrisystem FAQ

How much weight can I lose on Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem results vary, but you can lose up to 13 to 15 pounds in the first month and one to two pounds per week after.
Can you drink alcohol on Nutrisystem?
Yes. Nutrisystem dieters can enjoy alcohol in moderation — stick to drier wines and light beer. Customers should avoid mixed cocktails and alcoholic beverages high in sugar or fat.
Do you have to exercise on Nutrisystem?
Yes. Nutrisystem is designed to help dieters create healthy lifestyle habits and encourages 150 minutes of moderately intense physical activity each week. Nutrisystem offers the My Daily 3 plan as part of the company’s eating schedule to help customers get 30 minutes of exercise every day.
Are Nutrisystem meals frozen?
Sometimes. Nutrisystem uses a soft canning process to keep meals fresh and ready to eat without freezing. Only Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans have frozen menu items.
Does Nutrisystem food have preservatives?
Most Nutrisystem meals don’t have preservatives, though some include BHT, potassium sorbate, calcium propionate and sodium benzoate. More than 120 Nutrisystem foods don’t contain preservatives.
Can Nutrisystem plans be gluten-free?
No, Nutrisystem does not currently offer a gluten-free plan.
Does Nutrisystem have a vegetarian plan?
Yes, Nutrisystem has a vegetarian plan.
Does Nutrisystem offer diabetic options?
Yes, Nutrisystem offers diabetic options.
Does Nutrisystem use artificial sweeteners?
Yes, some Nutrisystem foods contain artificial sweeteners, most commonly sucralose. Some offered meals also include sugar alcohols such as maltitol, sorbitol and isomalt.
Does Nutrisystem food have a lot of sodium?
Not a lot. Most Nutrisystem plans are below the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommended daily sodium intake of 2,300 milligrams or less.
What is the cost of Nutrisystem for one month?
The cost of Nutrisystem for one month ranges from $294.99 to $399.99 with auto-delivery.
What is Nutrisystem’s return policy?
Regular subscribers can request a return or refund within 30 days of their delivery. After 30 days, Nutrisystem provides a refund for unopened, non-frozen Nutrisystem foods. Customers can also request a full refund within 14 days of their first order, not including à la carte and weekly orders.

Does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem’s plans work for dieters who want to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise. You can choose from multiple plan options — Core and Basic plans are good for starting out, while the Uniquely Yours plans give dieters more variety and flexibility. All Nutrisystem plans deliver ready-to-go meals straight to your door to help manage short-term and long-term weight loss.

Nutrisystem Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

To be completely honest I was very disappointed with the first weeks loss. It was only 1.2lbs but after 25 days I have lost over 8.5 lbs. I feel that this is the perfect rate of weight loss. I have tried many programs before: Weight Watchers, HCG, Beverly Hills Diet and Eating only once a day. This program is by far the easiest and most realistic one to follow. My only complaint is the repetitiveness of my food choices. I live in Canada and as a result my options are much more limited. I can't have any of the frozen foods and some of them look so delicious.

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much success you are having on the plan so far! We appreciate your feedback on the food choices for our Canadians clients and will be sure to pass on your concerns.

Please keep us posted on your continued success! Hope you have a happy and healthy new year.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I have been a customer for several years. I have always found the quality of the meals to be excellent. Apart from the fact that I have indeed lost and maintained an impressive amount of weight, I think that there are several other aspects to the Nutrisystem Plan that deserve to be mentioned. The Plan has taught me about portion control, how to balance the type of nutrition that is healthy and will allow you to lose weight, and maintain your loss. I learned about the different types of carbohydrates and the importance of including the correct amount of protein to keep your meals balanced and healthy. The amount of food allowed is more than adequate; I never felt hungry or deprived of any food that I enjoyed. I never thought of Nutrisystem as a "diet," but rather as the path to a new lifetime way of eating to remain healthy.

I believe that the knowledge I take with me as I transition back to preparing my own meals, will keep me on the healthy eating track I have learned and have chosen to follow since experiencing the Nutrisystem Plan. I do, without hesitation, highly recommend Nutrisystem to anyone who has tried and failed "every type of diet out there." My best regards to Nutrisystem and to all of their future Plan participants. :)

Hi Deb,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how well you did on the plan and how much you have learned along the way. We think you are going to do great with your maintenance. However, if you have any questions or need some guidance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our counselors at 1-800-585-5483 press option two.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Information provided was limited and not very helpful. Emailed me the information guide that was missing from my package and didn’t feel like addressing some of my concerns. Having never dieted before I would have preferred some information in my conversation instead of downloading a large number of pages off my printer because it was missing from my order. So far this is the first person that was not very helpful.

Hello Bonnie,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about your experience. I understand why you would feel fristrated and look forward to helping.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details on your concerns.

I hope you have a great day, Bonnie!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I am currently subscribed to the Uniquely Yours Nutrisystem (NS) plan. This is my second "real" experience with NS as I used their old 28 day Flex plan about 10 years ago and lost 64 pounds in about 8 months. Unfortunately, I slipped back into my old bad habits and since no other diet (Keto, Atkins, low-cal) worked for me, I came back to NS. The food has greatly improved over the last 10 years! I am absolutely loving everything about NS this time around. The NuMi app makes it so easy to track everything no matter where I am and it syncs with my Fitbit tracker so I don't even have to bother with inputting my activity.

On another note, I'm not sure why people are having issues with the ordering system on the website because it's really easy to use and I have never had a problem with it (even back in the old days). It wouldn't let me remove the shakes (functionality is not available), so I called and the rep removed them immediately. The shakes are delicious but the two cans are impossible to get through in one month even though I drink one a day for my morning snack so I have plenty saved up. As I said before, the food is great! There are quite a few old foods that I already knew I didn't like so I make sure not to select those, but the majority of the food is really tasty.

I am amazed by the updated frozen pizzas too. They used to greatly lack in toppings and now they're piled on. The "melts" which I like to refer to as "Nutri-pockets" are so so good and super easy. I could go on and on... I've been back with it for exactly two months and have lost 20 pounds. I'm extremely happy with Nutrisystem and would recommend it to anyone.

Hi Andrea,

Welcome back to the program! Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the program. We appreciate you taking the time to let us how about your success and how easy you are finding the new plan.

Please keep us posted on your continued success. Hope you have a great day and congrats on your weight loss.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I lost 60 pounds on NutriSystem! I want to share my success story in having lost the weight I needed to lose. I went on the plan, followed it, added exercise to my daily routine and lost the weight. I have been off of the plan for two months and have kept the weight off. I believe I have learned to eat the right amount of portions as well as the right kinds of foods. I have found great support from the NutriSystem customer representatives and found encouragement as they cheered me on. Thank you for helping to jump start my weight loss. I feel like a new person.

I weighed 260lbs on March 11th. (first picture). I lost 20lbs in the first month and weighed 240lbs on April 11th. (double picture). I weighed in at 220lbs on May 11th (Third picture). I weighed in at 198lbs on July 11th (Fourth picture). My weight loss goal was to get to 200lbs. I think the discipline was the hardest part of the plan. And, once you realize that you aren't as much hungry as you are used to eating at set times each day you figure it out.

Hi James,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your story. We are so happy to hear how well you did on the program. Congrats on your weight loss and continued maintenance!

Here is a link to the online Success Stories section of the website. We would love to hear more about your journey and see some before/after pictures. Keep up the good work! https://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/success_stories/index.jsp?weightLoss=20

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: June 29, 2020

In addition to the sinful shipping charges (50% of products) it is impossible to navigate the site or to find how to reach customer service. There is almost zero support. Chat tells you to send an email. No response to emails.

Hello Roberta,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We want to help you. Please chat Live with an agent at www.nutrisystem.com with any questions you have. We will be glad to help you with your questions about our site or anything else about our plans, prices, and products. We look forward to hearing from you.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 26, 2020

They screw up again for the second time. Got the same thing in both order and when I call was on hold for 30 minutes. Got hung up. Chat line is a joke. No one help me there. Having trouble learning this. Haven't loss since day 1. I want to weigh 110. I now weigh 156. No one understand. I have trouble understanding if not showing it's my money. Had 4 friends that wants to join and I told them no cause you people don't help.

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your current account issues. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 24, 2020

It is impossible to get help from you!! We have tried numerous times to call. We have sent emails and we get no response!! This is very upsetting. This is supposed to be a respectable company. Why do you advertise special offers when you are not here to service your customers? Covid is a lame excuse for bad service! If we don't get help with our concern, we will have our credit card cancel payment. We need to speak to someone who can help us. Call us at **. I am also on the verge of calling the Better Business Bureau.

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your review. We are now able to be reached via phone, chat or email. We want to help you with your meal plan. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your meal plan.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 23, 2020

As of June 2020 Nutrisystem is claiming Covid-19 is preventing them from doing anything right. They are advertising a full menu of foods, but many of the higher quality foods are not available and they'll substitute inferior foods at their will. Yet, they never reduce the price of the rather expensive meal plans. Nutrisystem has also failed to meet adequate shipping times and monthly food deliveries show up 10 days late. When I complained saying I needed the food to stay on the diet a "counselor" replied, "I can help you with Flex meals." In other words, how not to use Nutrisystem.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review.I am terribly sorry for your experience. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we are experiencing a higher than normal interest in our products.We are still delivering within our standard 1-10 business day time frame. We do apologize that some of your food was subsituted.So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience.We thank you for your review and your feedback- Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team.

Original review: June 21, 2020

All of 9 frozen bars delivered were thawed and runny. This week missing a dinner. I canceled last week on the 11th. Received confirmation then was delivered more food on the 17th and 18th. I cant reach anyone by phone. Frustrated because otherwise I really like the program and food.

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with your review. We are so sorry for your experience with your order. We would like the opportunity to resolve this concern with you. So we can better assist you with this please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.You can also reach us by phone at 1-800-585-5483. Please press Option 1 follow by Option 8. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Nutrisystem Company Information