Call toll free
4.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3430 Nutrisystem Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 17, 2019

If I had to use this stuff to lose weight, I'm sure I'd fail - portions are too small and I'm not into salads and celery much. What I do really like about this product is the convenience and quality. I'm recently single and these items arrive regularly each month labeled for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. They are mostly delicious and all microwaveable.

I've compared similar grocery food store items and Nutrisystem's product is definitely a healthier product - less salt and carbs. Been doing this for about 8 months, feel healthier and do not get heartburn anymore except when I indulge other stuff - which I do on a regular basis. Also, my first 3 months had a discount so when the fourth month came around, price jumped up dramatically. I was able to talk to a representative and get regular payments reduced to affordability. It's worth it for me for the purpose I buy it for... Keeps me from making bad choices at the grocery store now that I have to shop on my own.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I've been on Nutrisystem for about 3 weeks. I have lost between 7-9 lbs. The food tastes good for the most part. Some snacks (bars) are a bit bland, but overall it's edible. I would just caution folks when using the website the first time. Determine if you want the big discount and auto delivery of another shipment/payment. If not, look for the fine print (short small statement) above the meal plans where you can toggle from "one time" with no discount, to "auto delivery" with a sizable discount but at least one more required plan purchase/shipment.

Hi,

Thanks for your review, Emily. Thank you for also sharing your success on the program so far. Yes, we have different ordering options as far as auto-delivery and one-time ordering. We always recommend calling/emailing/chatting if anyone has any questions upon signing up! Best wishes on the program, Emily.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My order was mixed by my grandchildren. I need to know the exact Nutrisystem package of food to eat during my first week. Not Nutrisystem Breakfast Entree but exactly what package has been chosen for me to eat. I hope I explained myself clearly :). Thank you. Joanne

Hi Joanne,

Welcome! Thanks for writing us. We will be getting you a list as soon as we can. Hold tight for now!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: March 14, 2019

I had wrote earlier about the 50% discount on the shakes. You said it was those who auto order. I was auto ordering when I sent the message. So far have liked the food. This is my second order. So will see how it goes. The shakes are good. That's why was going to order them since they were 50% off. Thanks for getting back to me but thought since I was ordering I could get the discount. It's been an easy diet for me.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for writing us. We are so sorry that you weren't able to redeem the 50% off shakes. We will be looking at your account and reaching out soon to discuss.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I was charged $125 on 1/25/19 for items I never received. I did not want to receive them and cancelled my order. However I was still charged and almost two months later - no refund. Please correct this immediately. I have reached out to Nutrisystem several times.

Hi Richelle,

We apologize that you have been seeking a refund for so long. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: March 13, 2019

I ordered my first month and called back for some guidance. Then I was told if I cancelled after the first month I would have to pay a cancellation fee of $125.00. All I wanted was one month. Then I was told that if I cancelled after 14 days I could return the leftover products but could keep the frozen food. Is this true or is it another scam. I very disappointed because I thought I could get just one month.

Hi Rosalie,

Thanks for reaching out. We will be reviewing your account and getting you those answers. Hold tight for now. We will be reaching out soon.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I stupidly ordered the diabetic Chef's Choice plan. What I received was food loaded with carbs not mention 300 to 800 mg sodium. I called and told them I am now receiving extra frozen meals to make it up. Told them I wanted to cancel next month and was told I can't. No mention of cancellation fee. I'm stuck paying a huge amount of money for food I can't eat. Weight loss? Yeah I'm limited income. I don't get to eat now. Thanks for nothing. I'd rather pay a cancellation fee than for food I can't eat.

Hi Lorene,

We are sad to hear you were not a fan of the foods. We will be looking at your account and reaching out with some options.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I sent in a question about shakes containing dairy and what my choices would be. I am very satisfied how quickly I received a reply. And when I responded to the first response and asked a new question I received a response very quickly, very helpful. Couldn’t ask for better customer service! Christie

Hi Christie,

We are so glad you were able to get the answers to your questions quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: March 12, 2019

Not once, but twice now have I had to contact Nutrisystem and request a list of products that contain certain ingredients. The first time it was sugar alcohols the second time it was inulin. And there was a third inquiry as well. I’ve been extremely pleased at how responsive they are in sending me complete and full list of information that I request each time. I really value this type of corporate responsibility and transparency.

Hi Debbe!

We are happy to hear that you are getting everything you need when you contact us! :-) Whenever you have questions, we are here for you!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I got on Nutrisystem the end of February and have received nothing but the first starter box. The frozen foods have been ordered twice and I still show the shipping as pending! I am running out of food for this diet after paying an EXORBITANT amount and am ready to cancel. I ordered extra shakes last week and even those have not been shipped. This is absolutely ridiculous! How is someone supposed to benefit from this diet when YOU CANNOT GET THE FOOD?

Hi Janet,

We are sorry that your package experienced an unusually long processing time frame. We will be looking into this and reaching out.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Spoke to Allen. He was very nice and helpful. We went over my plan and he made some good suggestions. He also sent me an email with more information. Hopefully this info will help me get over this plateau I have hit over the last 3 weeks.

Hi Patti!

We are so happy to hear that you were given some useful tips to get you on the right track. Best wishes to you, Patti!

Original review: March 10, 2019

Email counseling support response time is too slow. Responses to my email questions take 3 days. My expectation would be same day. I requested a list of free foods and received a list of condiments - I feel it should be obvious that condiments are not "food". Due to slow email response times, it took me 6 days to get an answer, as I had to respond to your response with that information. Thank you.

Hi Susan,

We are sorry that our email responses were slower than you had expected. We will be reviewing your account and reaching out with some more info for you.

Original review: March 10, 2019

As usual you didn't reads my response. Your rep said and I quote, "It's 20 days of foods not 28" like I said and you just stated. He said and I quote, "It's 20 days. End of story, it doesn’t matter that the monthly price divided by 28 is the price." Right on the money. So with that confusion, why in the hell would I order anything else from your company when your first line of customer service is wrong. I've used the product before and it works nicely, that being said there are other programs that I’m sure work nicely as well without this BS. Thank you.

Hi William,

Thanks for writing your review. We will be reaching out to you to discuss the configuration of the program. Hold tight for now.

Original review: March 9, 2019

It's been mixed. Joe the guy who signed me up, was friendly and enthusiastic, but didn't have enough info and some was inaccurate. He said it's 5 days on/2 days off, which is not the case, according to Kaley, the nutritional consultant. I also wasn't clear on logistics of orders arriving and the guarantee; he kept saying "We prefer you wait for 2 shipments" but I don't know what that means. The rep I spoke to at the toll-free number was nice and professional but 2 things she said conflicted with what Kaley, the nutritional counselor, said.

I just started and breakfast was delicious. Also, everything came packed neatly and nicely. The material enclosed in the shipment kept saying you can call us but there was no phone number anywhere. I had to go back to my notes -- why is that? The pocket guide that came with the shipment is not complete and lacks many things in the online guide. I think they should be consistent.

I have called twice (initial call and follow-up call) and both times the hold time was very long, really ridiculous. Yes, you have the callback option but it's not good for me because I'm on the phone a lot for work. Also, repeating the "You can get a callback by pressing 1 or hold by pressing 2" so many times was annoying -- too many times. Also, why not just press 1 to get a callback and not have me press an extra button to stay on hold?

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for bringing these discrepancies to our attention. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Mar 9, 2019. I was very pleased to receive a response so fast and with the suggestion of the vegetarian plan will be a great help for me. I feel the vegetarian meal plan will help me in losing the weight from my tummy. Please all replies by email.

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for writing this review. Best wishes to you on the program!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Tried to cancel auto delivery. The person on the phone would not help unless I answered a series of questions. He asked how much weight I lost, when I told him I didn’t want to answer that question he just kept asking it. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he continued to ask the same question. No matter how many times I requested a supervisor he kept asking the same question. So I asked if I didn’t answer the question then I would’ve be able to cancel auto delivery, he said he would never say that in a recorded call then processed to ask the same question. I hung up in frustration. Very unsatisfying results. Would not recommend your services.

Hi Manuel,

We are so sorry for the difficulties you faced with cancelling your account. We will be reaching out soon to help.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I called to get counseling because I'm not losing weight. Also to get suggestions for food, due to I'm lactose intolerance and wanted ideas for the next order. He sent me immediately an email with a list of options. He explained to me also that I'm eating less of what I'm supposed to.

Hi Priscilla!

We are so happy to hear that you got all the answers you were looking for when giving us a call. Give us a call whenever you have any questions.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had two questions. Both were answered and the Service Representative I spoke with on the phone was very, very helpful! Thank you! I am better prepared to continue on with my weight loss. I have already dropped eighty pounds and feel so much better!

Hi William!

Thanks for sharing your success so far. Keep it up. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I’ve used Nutrisystem for years. A while back I spoke with a lady that told me a price that I would be charged. She said that it wouldn’t ever change to be any higher. When reviewing my history I realized that I had been charged too much. I called Nutrisystem. The lady that answered was extremely rude. I explained to her what I was told by the other lady. This lady tells me that she didn’t have any proof of that. I asked that she review the notes in my account to find the previous conversation. She didn’t want to help. Needless to say I told her to cancel my plan. Like I said, I’ve been ordering Nutrisystem for years. I maintain my weight by eating it. One rude individual caused me to cancel my order.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My Chicken Marsala Dinner JH111618 came in with a slit in the box making eating the dinner circumspect. I refused to eat it, registered my concern with Nutrisystem, they offered to send me another, recommended throwing the dinner away. I'm satisfied with the advice and believe the conclusion was relatively hassle-free which I appreciate very much. Thank you Nutrisystem. Very Sincerely yours.

Hi Suzanne,

We are so sorry that you received a damaged item but are happy that we could replace it for you. Best of luck on the program!

Original review: March 7, 2019

The shipment was returned, I received a shipment label for Feb 1 - Unable to do program, was cancelled the same night order was placed. And then the next morning by customer service who stated order was never placed and gave me a confirmation number. Still received package in the rain. The 3rd customer service rep was very rude and unprofessional. Told me order was placed on the 20 and not the 27. Explained the box was left in rain and she said that I had to return anyway. Each call I placed wait time 45-60 minutes. Recorded on my phone.

Hi Mary Anne,

We are sorry that you had such a poor experience with us. We will be looking into your account and reaching out to help.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I was missing a dinner in my first order. I called Customer Service, and a replacement was sent out. Also sent an e-mail, and I got a response within several days due to weather issues. I was told to eat another meal until that one comes.

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for writing this review. We apologize that you had a missing dinner from your first order but are happy that we were able to send you a replacement! Enjoy!

Original review: March 7, 2019

We have had weather delays but I wasn’t informed promptly regarding these delays. The website was not helpful and getting in touch with a live person at Nutrisystem is not the easiest thing to do. If this happens again I will not be ordering again.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for writing this review. We apologize that your order was impacted by the recent weather. We will be looking at your account to see how we can help.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Nutrisystem has worked well for my wife and I, I have lost a total of 71lbs and have only gained back 8lbs, I am maintaining well now due to the knowledge that Nutrisystem has taught us. The only thing I would like to see is when you elect to just maintain and just buy Ala Carte menu that you could get some kind of discount on orders, because you have paid a high price during the plan, but overall it has been a great experience.

Hi Timothy!

Thanks for writing this review and sharing you and your wife's success on the program! We do have a plan called Nutrisystem Advantage that gives you a discount when purchasing A La Carte foods. Give us a call, chat, or email and we can discuss further!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I used this program and even tried it for 2 months with buying the food and following it to a T. It cost me over $400 for the plan and being a senior with a 2 time knee replacement I can't run miles or walk for days as the commercials show. I do workout 3 times a week on a treadmill and weights, but never lost a pound in 2 months. If this program is sooo good why do they only give you 14 days to try it? If you're not happy you can only get your money back if you ask within a 2 week period. These guys who have lost over a 100 pounds have had surgery of some type.

Hello!

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your results while on the program. We will be reaching out to see what we can do!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I didn’t order 5 popcorns or Smokey BBQ or honey mustard bits. If you are willing to send me what I wanted, it would be nutrichoclate and milk chocolate pretzels. Thank you so much. I really like everything. The lunches and dinners are very good and filling. Virginia

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for writing this review. We are sorry that you received some foods that you didn't order. We will be reaching out shortly to resolve.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I was booted from Nutrisystem for asking about protein content of foods so I can be consistent - and being diabetic, making sure I don't add too much (my own rules - I don't have kidney disease). Being proactive about my own health got me kicked off - then the next day (today), they ship and charge me for an a la carte AFTER kicking me out - used my credit card after I was no longer a member.

Hi J,

Thank you for writing this review. We will be looking into this to see where the possible misunderstanding happened and will be reaching out soon.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I just want to thank your customer service team for dealing with my knee-jerk reaction to what I thought was missing items (not missing). Not only were they professional and understanding, but went over and above that and made sure I received the order immediately. Top notch. Thank you!

Hi Laura!

We all have knee-jerk reactions. No need to be ashamed of them. :-) We are glad we could help you out! Let us know if you need anything. We are only a call/chat/email away. Best wishes on the program, Laura!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have received moldy food, opened packages of food and now a frozen delivery of thawed out rotten food. This was the last straw, I am done with this program who clearly has no quality standards. I canceled the order however I now have to pay for the return! Unacceptable!

HI Claudine,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will be looking up your account and reaching out soon to resolve and gather more information.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Bought a discount card from Costco to try Nutrisystem. Log on, they take your credit card you enter the discount and get the pricing. However the default is the auto renewal program. If you want to cancel after the initial month they charge you $125 because they say the auto renewal was "Such a deep discount." It isn't worth the aggravation to join the Nutrisystem as cancelling is like trying to leave a cult.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry that you were not aware of the cancellation fee. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon to help.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Nutrisystem expert review by JJ Virgin

Portioned meals and snacks delivered every four weeks starting at $9.40 a day. Plans are tailored for men or women and are vegetarian-friendly and diabetes-safe. Phone and online support is available.

• Specialty programs: Nutrisystem for Men addresses the weight loss needs of men. Nutrisystem D is designed for Prediabetes or Type 2 dieters and includes access to certified Diabetes counselors.

• Menu options: Dieters can choose from over 150 breakfast, lunch and dinner options, including snacks, shakes and frozen foods. More than 90 vegetarian offerings are also available, along with a vegetarian plan.

• Goal weight maintenance: Nutrisystem Success helps users maintain healthy eating habits with customized meal planning and portion-controlled, pre-measured food containers.

• Free shipping: Free FedEx shipping is available on all orders within the continental United States. Customers using auto-delivery also get 35 percent off every order and reminders to choose food.

• Support: Counselors are available via phone, email or online chat every day from 7 a.m. to midnight, except Christmas and Thanksgiving. Nutrisystem’s website, social media and app provide food tracking, tips, recipes and news.

• Quick start: All plans (except those for diabetics) include Turbo Takeoff, a special first week of meals and snacks designed to burn fat and jumpstart weight loss.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Nutrisystem Company Information