Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you have had such good experiences with our Weight Loss Counselors. Please let us know anything that we can help with in the future. We hope you have a great weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Counseling Support - You guys are so quick in responding!!! I can't even begin to imagine how many people you deal with day-to-day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to respond so quickly. I really appreciate it.

Hello Dee,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We will be sure to pass your feedback to the correct parties. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. Have a wonderful week!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

A caring message received from the Counseling Team. Nutrisystem not only is here to help in making our lives better but they also truly care about our lives and what we are dealing with in everyday life. This was shown to me recently. I am very appreciative. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hello Sharon,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with one of our counselors. We strive to make every experience positive! Please let us know if there is anything that we can assist you with.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Needed counseling. I spoke with Sarah to get advice on how to maintain once you've reached your goal. She was extremely helpful and sent some information to my email. She was patient, informative and professional. I think Nutrisystem is a great plan and the people are wonderful.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review. We are so happy that we were able to help you promptly and courteously. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else! Keep up the fabulous work, Brandon. Happy Sunday!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I had to move for 4 months for work. At this apartment, I have had numerous things stolen from me (Amazon packages, Nutrisystem etc.). I called and told the representative what had happened and they were nothing but helpful and reshipped my stolen food right away. I really appreciated the courteous and quick help. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hello Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry that the soy content in the foods did not meet your needs but are happy to hear that you enjoyed most of the foods! :-) We wish the best in your weight loss journey!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Pulled-pork and chicken bbq does not look good like to photographs and it has a very strong hickory smoky taste (too much smoky seasoning). I have noticed that there is a lot of soy in everything and soy is very bad for thyroid. Which is why some people have a harder time losing the weight. However, I do enjoy most of the entrees and snacks. Thank you so very much.

Hi Lauren!

We are thrilled to hear that one of our Counselors was able to help you with getting started on the program and make things a little less confusing. :-) We wish you the best of luck as you get started on your journey. Contact us anytime if you have questions via email, Live Chat, and by phone. Have a good weekend, Lauren!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I had several questions about my Uniquely Yours Plan. I got all of my questions answered perfectly! The counselor was so helpful and very kind. I like how specific she was about the answers that she gave me. I got confused by the Turbo Take-Off and how everything worked, especially the bars and shakes. But she helped me get everything resolved!

Hi Tim,

We want to thank you for the kind words towards one of our Counselors! We are happy to hear she was able to prepare you for your upcoming vacation. I'm sure this will make it much more enjoyable and relaxing! :-) Keep us posted on your progress, Tim. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Talked with Bernadette and she was most helpful and supportive. Got a lot of tips for a vacation we have planned in the future in addition to the forthcoming copy of the Eating Out Guide. So far, we have found Nutrisystem to be a top notch organization and are happy to recommend to friends and family.

Hi Charles!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this uplifting review of one of our Counselors! We are happy to see that she was able to get you started off on the right foot so you are successful on the program! Keep up the awesome work, Charles. We hope you have a great weekend.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Bernadette helped me. She was very knowledgeable and upbeat. She explained what I need to do to get off on the right foot. I'm really glad I called because I wasn't eating all the foods I was supposed to eat.

Hello Antigona,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us! We are so happy to know that you have found a plan that works for you and it is ours. In addition, we are happy to know how pleased you are with the service that has been provided.

If you have any questions about the plan, please do not hesitate to contact us!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Amazing customer service. Every time I have any questions right away I get response and encouragement and this the only plan that's working for me. I tried lots of plans and this the one that's magic and the customer support it makes it even more better and easy for me. Thank you for all your help. Y'all rock.

Hello Samera,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience. We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction when you called to discontinue your program. We would like to take a look into this further for you.

One of our representatives will be in contact with you shortly with further information.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Was very much excited to start the Nutrisystem plan. Wanted to put an end to years of struggle for weight loss. Finally received the food, tasted it and was completely disgusted by it. The food was so inedible that after a single spoonful the food ends up in the garbage. Called to cancel the order and to find out they will charge me an additional 99$ for cancellation. What a RIP OFF!

Hello Keven,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are sorry to hear about this situation and we will be happy to look into this further for you. We will have a representative review your account and reach out shortly.

Have a great evening!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I love Nutrisystem and what it has done for me and my family. However, due to my work, I was told that I would have to leave to China for a year on short notice. When I called to try to cancel my order, I was told that I couldn't, that I should have read the fine print! This is unacceptable! How could the providers of such a fantastic product not be flexible in the least in understanding that I hold no control over the decisions my job made. I am incredibly disappointed and now I have spent all this money on food that I want but can't take with me to China!

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time today to post your review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the app. We are sorry to know that you initially had trouble, but were thrilled with the results once the bugs got fixed. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Enjoy your week!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I had a problem with Numi adding in veggie counts. No one seemed to listen until I sent screen captures. THEN the NUMI techies got to work, sent a message I would be starting over but wouldn't lose data, and I did, and that is exactly what happened. All is well. And even more has been fixed that I didn't even realize WAS a problem. I now have power fuels and smart carbs listed in my menu plan for the day. Veggies tally up properly. And I finally feel I understand my program. Thanks. Following my plan is so much easier.

Hi Jan,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We periodically reformulate foods on our menu to better meet continuously-changing nutrition guidelines. We do this while keeping our foods as tasty as possible. The Core and Uniquely Yours plans are fully customizable to allow for us to send only the foods that you enjoy. We hope you have a great evening and best of luck keeping your weight off!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Hi. I had been on Nutrisystem for years! Lost my weight and maintained the loss! BUT the food began to have no flavor or taste when ordering. I would ask about the changes to the food quality and no one ever had any good answers. For years the quality was great!!! Do not know why the change but it was too much for me.

Hello Peggy,

Thank you for taking the time today to write about your recent experience. We are thrilled to hear that you were so pleased. We strive to make every experience as wonderful as what you had. We will be sure to pass this feedback along! We love when our counselors are recognized for exceptional work in making clients happy!

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can answer for you.

Have a great week!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Brian was polite and very encouraging. I told him I emptied the Turbo Takeoff box for my first week and didn't know what was in it. He sent me an email of the list of foods. He answered all my questions. After thanking me for calling he asked me to call counseling at the end of my first week to let them know how it's going. I'm excited to get started!!

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience, we really appreciate it! We are happy that you enjoyed your time calling in and hope that you do not hesitate to contact us again if you need anything down the line. Best of luck and have a great day!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Bernadette was the most caring, supportive, enthusiast, helpful counselor! I wish Sarah, my daughter, could have spoken with her personally. I will encourage her to call in the future. I have great expectations for this plan.

Hello Rick,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory service. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

You have a great program & products but your people on the phones do not know the details of the promotions. I had to talk to 4 different people to finally find someone that stumbled through the special. Not professional! My next suggestion is to put a program for seniors to easily follow to maintain their weight, build back digestive health or add to their needs. They all have blood work that shows the lows & highs! You could get SSA to fund the program!? Thank you.

Hello Patti,

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I have contacted Nutrisystem about 4 times in reference to a big mistake made by Nutrisystem. I specifically called and ordered the Lean 13 program. Just because one person checked the wrong box, they are basically calling me a liar and saying the person that took my order was entirely correct. The ONLY reason I started with Nutrisystem was to get the Lean 13 program. I probably have seen it advertised about one hundred times on TV and that was what I kept requesting with the service rep.

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not like the entrees. We would like to reach out to you and will have a representative reply to you shortly. Enjoy your night, Sharon!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Their frozen & packaged lunches & dinners are terrible. The packaged lunches & dinners were tasteless! It was very much like eating baby food on a piece of cardboard. I canceled my order after only 3 days & returned the unrefrigerated portion to get a full refund! I prefer eating real healthy food. I will reduce my own calorie intake to fit my needs.

Hello Lori,

Thank you for your review. We would like to gather some more information from you and look into this. We will have a representative reach out to you shortly. Enjoy your night, Lori!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

With my purchase there was free bars and shakes promised to try - 7 of each. It was in my cart and stated is for ANY new 28 day program. I contacted customer support and received this message - "After reviewing your account, I see that you are enrolled in our transition Dinners On Your Own Program. The 7 Turbo Shakes and 7 NutriCrush Bars are only included for free with our 28 day programs - either the Basic, Core or Uniquely Yours. We apologize for any misunderstanding!" I feel this is a false advertisement when nowhere does it state this and was in fact in my cart as I have a screen shot capturing it. I am exceptionally disappointed in the handling of a new customer account in this fashion.

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your review. We would like to gather some more information from you and look into this. We will have a representative reach out to you shortly. Enjoy your night, Craig!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

First of all the program is easy. Food is terrible and expensive! Please buy healthy choice meals at your grocery as they are better portions and quality and same fat and calorie content. Also, they will do everything they can to keep you buying. If you cancel they whack you with a $95 fee... FIGHT IT... AGAIN WATCH OUT. THEY WILL RIP YOU WHENEVER THEY CAN.

Hello Monica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience and will have a representative reach out to you shortly. We would like to gather some more information. Enjoy your evening, Monica!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

The extra bars and shakes states with any four week plan and does not state there are exclusions or restrictions. Thus, my original inquiry as to why they were not added to my order. Your reply was that the dinners my way did not count, although no statement on your website to that effect.

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to see your disappointment and would like to gather some more information. We will have a representative reach out to you shortly so please look out for that. Enjoy your night, Melissa!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My Nutrisystem experience started with false advertising. The site advertised "Free bars and shakes with any 4-week plan, first order only." When I contacted Customer Service about the bars and shakes that were missing from my order, I was told the offer applied only to 28-day plans, not 20-day plans. My plan is a 4-week plan but only five days a week. I went back and forth with a customer service rep with no satisfaction. I now believe their intent was to only offer the free items with 28-day plans but that is CLEARLY not how it was advertised! I sent the customer service rep pictures of how it was advertised (ANY 4-week plan) and copies of my invoice, describing my plan as a 4-week plan. I asked the rep to show me where the offer stated it was valid on 28-day plans but he failed to do so.

Hello Lorraine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience and will have a representative reach out to you shortly. We would like to gather some more information. Enjoy your evening, Lorraine!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I thought I would try NutriSystem and began my journey with Uniquely Yours. I could not eat these meals and found them to be disgusting. I proceed to cancel my order only to be charged a $99 cancel fee. Ridiculous! Had the food been somewhat tasty, I wouldn't have cancelled. I'm tired of everyone having a "hook". I feel that I should not be bound by any "contractual obligations" as Nutrisystem is not - I was told that the food was delicious and yet, finding it bordering on repulsive, the only thing I can do is cancel which still benefited Nutrisystem.

It was explained by the customer service that I received my first order at a discounted rate - something along the lines of $350. Had I paid the "full price", upwards of $500, I would not have to pay the cancel fee. I now have an abundance of meals I will not and can not eat, and I am now paying another $99! Nutrisystem should be more responsible as even at $350, the meals are not even close to what is advertised. I am disgusted with nutrisystem and I really believe that a policy change is in order. So not good Nutrisystem.

Hello Kerrie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience and will have a representative reach out to you shortly. We would like to gather some more information. Enjoy your evening, Kerrie!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

This is my first month on Nutrisystem and I am already annoyed, disappointed and would never recommend to a friend. For those of you considering this weight-loss program (specifically Uniquely Yours), please keep this mind - You will pay over $300 for a 4-week program and receive: 18 dinners, 18 lunches, 21 breakfast, 21 snacks. That is not a 4-week program. What they don't tell you (until after you pay) is that they send you a week's worth of food to help boost your weight loss.

Food THEY pick out for you, even though I paid extra money for the Uniquely Yours package which lets me choose my own food. I paid for food that I do not like, will never eat and now is sitting in my pantry. When I asked why that information wasn't listed on their website, I was told it was in the 'terms and conditions' portion of check-out. That portion comes AFTER you pay. And who really reads that long and lengthy section? No one, we click the box to accept. I paid over $300 for 18 days of food I'll eat in my first "month."

So please keep in mind that your first month will only come with the 18 meals listed above and you will receive more food, but only food they pick out for you. On top of that, every meal plan is a flex-meal plan. Again, nothing you will find on their website. This means that a 4-week/28 day plan (which they advertise) is only 24 lunches and dinners. You can not change that unless you pay extra for a la carte items.

On a positive note, ordering is easy and the food is better than expected. Some items I would never order again and others were surprisingly good. I really want this to work but I feel like a sucker, and I really hate their inability to be transparent on their website considering how much money I am spending each month. Actually every 24 days. They seem very shady and that causes great concern.

Hello Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you were happy with the service you received! We strive to make every experience a positive one.

If you have any questions about your plan, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I notified customer service that I had a problem with a package leaking. Within 24 hours, customer service contacted me with a resolution - a replacement meal will be sent with my next shipment. Thank you.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hello MaryJane,

We are sorry to hear that you were having troubles ordering online. We would like to look into this matter. We will be in touch with you shortly. Have a great Tuesday, MaryJane.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I placed my first order online tonight. I went through all the steps to choose my food selections for each meal and fought with the website freezing and my browser having to recover the webpage. However after I placed my order for what I thought was the Unique Custom Order, my order history was emailed to me and showed I had selected the Core Women's Favorite Pick. I NEVER selected this option and do no want it. I want to pick my own foods, not eat someone else's favorites.

I don't know what happened during this order but it needs fixed. I used the Chat option for Customer Service but did not get any satisfaction. She said she put a cancel order request in but couldn't make any promises and that I would need to call and cancel my automatic shipping. I went online and fixed my next order to what I thought I had ordered the first time but now the price is more. What a racket. Why do I bother to order what I want, if you are just going to change it and charge me more? Very doubtful that I will continue this service if I can't get this fixed. I will try calling Customer Service tomorrow. Hoping they are more responsive.

Hi Dana,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry that you believe you were short on snacks. We will be taking a peek into your account and will be reaching out shortly. We appreciate your patience. Have a good one, Dana.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I signed up for a 4-week Meal Plan package with Nutrisystem. The Meal Plan requires 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. That comes out to 56 snacks over a 28-day period but the package only includes 28 snacks. You are required to make or purchase the other 28 snacks (a $67 addition). And the Meal Plan also gives you four "flex days" where they short you 8 meals. They justify this by saying they want you to practice making your own lunch and dinner "so you know how" to do this once you stop the program. Seriously? I already know how to cook. I purchased a 4-week meal plan, not cooking lessons. These absent meals are valued at approximately $33. Added to the $67 of missing snacks, it costs an additional $100 if you want a "true" 4-week meal plan. When I called to inquire, it's basically... so sad, too bad. I resent being mislead. Very much.

Hello Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience. We are always thrilled to hear that members are happy with the service they received. We will be sure to pass your feedback along to the correct people!

Please let us know if you have any other questions starting your plan.

Have a great weekend,

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I called to ask about the contents of the Turbo 10 box. Tasha was so kind and helpful, and e-mailed me my 7-day meal plan immediately. I also had a question about how to fit in 4 servings of vegetables. She was very helpful with her suggestions.

Factual basis uncertain

I really was looking forward to trying out this system, but after reviewing most of the reviews, it seems like this company is not consistent with their products and that when a problem does occur, it is very difficult to reach someone who is willing to help. Not sure if I want to go through with this system.

Nutrisystem Company Profile