toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you have had such good experiences with our Weight Loss Counselors. Please let us know anything that we can help with in the future. We hope you have a great weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Counseling Support - You guys are so quick in responding!!! I can't even begin to imagine how many people you deal with day-to-day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to respond so quickly. I really appreciate it.

Hello Dee,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We will be sure to pass your feedback to the correct parties. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. Have a wonderful week!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

A caring message received from the Counseling Team. Nutrisystem not only is here to help in making our lives better but they also truly care about our lives and what we are dealing with in everyday life. This was shown to me recently. I am very appreciative. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hello Heather,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience on the plan with us! We are elated to hear you are seeing success but also enjoying the plan and learning from it. If there is anything else we can help with in the future, please let us know and keep us posted!

Have a great day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I have been on Nutrisystem for 3 months and have lost 20 lbs with no struggle. I get to eat 6 times a day which seems like a lot in comparison to the two meals I used to eat! The food is actually very good in comparison to other similar diets and great for busy people on the go! I travel a lot for business and have saved money by not stopping at convenience stores or fast food restaurants because I can easily pre-plan. So anyone who is fussing about it being "so expensive" I have to disagree, because I SAVE money by not going out to eat any more! In addition, the diet that my personal trainer tried to put me on seemed impossible. All I could eat was chicken and vegetables which was BLAND and boring. To say you can never have sugar again...no way. It's not livable.

Nutrisystem is easy and you feel like you aren't on a diet and that's why it's working. In addition, everyone saying "you're going to gain it all back plus some", I disagree. With the concept of eating 6 meals of day and counting calories through their NUMI system, this is my new life. I can't thank them enough, because this was the positive kick in the pants I needed AND my pants keep getting smaller!

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy to hear that we were able to resolve your issue. If there is anything else we can help with in the future, please let us know!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I have been using Nutrisystem for over a year. I have lost the weight I wanted to and I am on maintenance. I had an issue with one of the items and with one email to customer service. They have offered to send a replacement. Thanks for the great service and responding almost immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hello John,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that your order arrived in that state. We will be reviewing your account and will be in touch shortly. We hope you have a good day!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I call and told someone about the order being, hot and no ice. I have called several times about this issue. When I first called you were going to replace the melted food with replacement. Now that time has gone and I have nothing, except the new order coming in which is my 2nd month. I'd like a refund or food replacement for the error of your group not putting enough ice for the shipment, and letting the food melt. Please contact me at my email and let me know what you plan on doing so I can plan my diet.

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you so much for your kind words and rating. We appreciate from the bottom of our hearts the authenticity and truth you have brought to this review, Stephanie. Please feel free to come to us, especially our Counseling Team, if you ever need anything.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

My husband and I decided to place an a la carte order and when it arrived we realized that two items were unaccounted for. Before I even got an email from Allison ** saying a replacement was on its way... I received a shipping notice letting me know that the replacement order had processed. I really appreciate your making things right so quickly and painlessly. The real issue was never that we were "missing snacks" but that an item that had been paid for was not received and I appreciate that at no point did the transaction/interaction make me feel like a fat person complaining about missing food. Fat shaming is real and pervasive. And sadly it is something that becomes internalized and creeps into your psyche. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the upbeat, encouraging and all around positive experience my husband and I have had so far. It's the best experience we have had on our weight loss journey.

Hello Anna,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory service, Anna. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It feels like the counselor on the phone was quick to provide suggestions and answers. I did not get a sense that the counselor took time to get to know who I was and what I was like. It felt like any other customer service where the answers are provided and that's all. I am used to having the counselor who took time to get to know me to customize the answers that will fit my needs. This call was quite disappointing. I don't think it's this particular person, though. But this was my first call, so I might be wrong.

Hello Susan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with placing your order, Susan. We would like to take a look into this further for you to see what we can do to help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I ordered Nutrisystem with a Groupon last night. Great deal, very excited to try it. I went through the process of a standard order assuming I would be able to see food before order was placed. Maybe I would upgrade from standard or favorites? There is no chance to review food choices before order is placed. I immediately sent two different emails which resulted in responses saying thanks for the email and "I will get to you soon." I had to call this morning, they had to cancel my entire order and asked me to call back tomorrow for a new order # and then I can place my order again?

Hello Linda,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with discontinuing your program. We are also sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food. We would like to take a look into this for you. We will be in contact with you shortly with further information.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I ordered one month of food from Nutrisystem. I chose my plan for which one price was offered. I happened upon an email from Nutrisystem in my spam that said my automatic delivery would be sent soon. I had no idea I was "signed up" for this . I did not want auto delivery. When rechecking the website I saw it was very easy not to realize you were doing that, it's purposely unclear and I feel deceitful. When I called customer service I was told I would have to pay $99 to cancel the order, I was incensed, supposedly that was somewhere in fine print. So now I have to pay for an order I didn't even place. To make matters worse the customer service rep was extremely rude and argumentative. He tried to tell me it was clear from the website. I am an intelligent person... and this was NOT CLEAR.

Nutrisystem is purposely luring customers into a plan they do not want. Why can't they be straightforward and obvious as to what the customer is actually signing up for, and also VERY clear as to any penalties. I am disgusted with this company and feel as I have been treated badly. On top of everything the food plan is horrible, the meals made me sick to my stomach, smelled and tasted like dog food.

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience via email! If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know. We hope you have a great day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I asked if I could drink Lifewater while on Nutrisystem. They replied the next day with a very good explanation. And if anyone else wants to know, need to check the flavor, mine has 0 calories so can drink.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate it! We do have many different programs to fit many different budgets. We recommend contacting a Program Specialist at 1-800-321-8446 to get more information on those options. Have a great day!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I love Nutrisystem so much but I am unable to afford it anymore. I wish that I could stay with it but I can't. I lost 100 pounds off of it. I would tell anybody to use it because it worked for me. Nutrisystem saved my life. I weighed 300 pounds, I lost 100 pounds off of Nutrisystem. Thank you Nutrisystem for my life back.

Hi Juanita,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we aim to please! We are happy that you are enjoying the program.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I would like to change my plan to the one without dinners. I want the frozen foods. Thank you for having this option. I am somewhat handicapped and love having the food here at home, but I like having my dinner with my family. The frozen foods are especially tasty.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 29, 2016

Thank you for your assistance in the resolution of this matter. All has been resolved there are no pending issues. Thank you again for your help!

Hello Edward,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had as well. We would like to take a look a further look into this for you. We will be in contact with you shortly with further information.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I belonged to Nutrisystem for several months and lost a lot of weight. As a senior citizen, had to drop out after 3-4 months. Was out of program for 3 months and re enrolled on a special online sale. After the first month I was not losing and a situation developed that required me to stop the plan. I called and spoke to a Nichole who kept pushing but I said Please Stop The Plan. I was advised there would be penalty of $99.00 and it would be added to my credit card. She said I should have read the Terms & Conditions more carefully. I was required to do two months on the program or pay the penalty. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING. I must protest the charge on my card. Not what I expected from Nutrisystem after a total of five months on program. At these prices then be hit with a penalty left a bad taste. Again, be careful when ordering as one can get an ugly surprise.

Hello Ibrahim,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience with the program. We would like to take a look into this and will be in contact with you shortly. Enjoy your weekend, Ibrahim!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Whenever a company won't let you cancel online and forces you to call, you can be guaranteed that they're out to try and hard sell you on staying and make canceling as difficult as possible. It's a shady practice that should be discouraged. The same goes for chargebacks on cancellations - I was charged $99.00 for canceling my subscription today.

Hello Patricia,

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Just a review of the misleading chat help and how Nutrisystem auto-delivery works: I just wanted to try the product for one month. I used the chat feature to have them walk me through the order process and I was adamant that I only wanted to try it one month. I just followed (like a sheep apparently) the chat helper's instructions and signed up, got the product, etc. I lost 1 lb so far after 3 weeks of following the program to a T. I don't have any medical or metabolic issues. It just didn't work for me.

Today I just thought about the chance of an auto-ship, so I went online to view my account and chatting AGAIN with a helper, I explained the program really wasn't working and I didn't really like the taste of the food. Almost everything tastes like a chemical to me. Not sure why. Anyway, you can't cancel a program without calling the company. I had no clue that I had signed up for auto-ship. I guess I just followed the chat counselor's directions.

Don't rely on help from the chat. Call in and get advice, and have them put it in writing. I guess I got a deal when I paid $300+ a month for boxed food rather than paying over $500 for signing up for no auto-ship, which I NEVER would have done had I not followed chat's advice. Misleading chat. In retrospect, I think he was just looking for the immediate sale and not the fallout after I found out I would be charged to stop after one month.

Hello Crystal,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are sorry to hear about your experience. We will be reviewing your account and will be in touch shortly. We hope you have a good day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I needed to ship a return back to you whereby I paid an extra $20 to get an email that had a FedEx label. I applied the label and sent it back to Nutrisystem. About a week later, I received the package back on my porch! I went through a full day of trying to go from a Fedex drop off point to drop off point, all of these places gave me the run around about not being able to find out why this happened to me (I carried the 23lb box ea time). Finally, I end up at the local Fedex ground shipping location and got through to the manager there who fixed the problem. Then on top of all that, I see that Nutrisystem did NOT give me the proper refund for return of the order! I am NOT a happy camper.

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are sorry to hear that you had trouble signing up for our tracking website. We will be reviewing your account and will be in touch shortly. We hope you have a great day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I had unexpected difficulty finding the right place to sign up for a NuMi account after recently becoming a new customer of Nutrisystem. In spite of my profile being entered into Nutrisystem, I had to fill it all in again, enter my user ID and Password (blind) and made a number of mistakes which required re-entry (3x) of most data. There are existing programs that can be used that do not irritate your customers so much as this one which did not meet my expectations.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Kathryn,

Thank you for taking the time today to write a review on our plan. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Cinnamon Rolls, but thrilled to hear that the other foods have met your expectations. We would like to ensure that this does not happen again, so one of our team members will be reaching out shortly to gather some additional information.

Enjoy your evening!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

The food that I ordered was good with the exception of the breakfast item, the cinnamon roll. All of the cinnamon rolls that came with my order were stale. The taste was good but the rolls were hard and the icing was dried up. I am commenting on this item because other than that, I enjoyed the entrees and because I know you value feedback.

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our plan. We are happy to hear that you received wonderful service from one of our Counselors. If you have any questions, please let us know!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Becky told me NuMi was down and I could get help tomorrow. She asked me if there was anything else. She sounded like she really cared. We talked a minute and she volunteered to send me a carb list. Thank you.

Insufficient response received

Hello Liz,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your weight loss results did not meet your expectations. We want to do everything we can to provide you with a positive and memorable experience while on your weight loss journey. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Eat the Nutrisystem foods person time (breakfast, lunch, dinner). Don't even eat the snacks. Eat salad with each meal except breakfast. Drink water and unsweet iced tea constantly. At breakfast drink 1 cup coffee with sugar free, fat free French Vanilla Creme. Lost nothing, but gained 2 lbs in one month. You guys are sending me another month the order and charging me. Explain excessively for it because you told me I'm committed to 2 months on your program. I'd rather not, but have no choice, so will try another month.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2016

Nutrisystem responded very quickly to my concerns. The $99 fee for canceling after the first month was refunded and the issue resolved. This does show me that Nutrisystem is a reputable company that is sensitive about customer concerns. Thank you!

Hello Susan,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that the taste of our meals have not met your expectations. We also apologize for any issues you had with discontinuing your program. We would like to take a look into this further for you to see if we can come up with a satisfactory resolution to your situation. We will be in contact with you shortly with further information.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I ordered the vegetarian option. I found a small breakfast snack bar not nearly enough for the meal. The frozen portions were not received until over a week after the initial order so choices were extremely limited. Some of the lunches were simply awful and I was unable to eat the entire small portion. I did like a few of the choices and the turbo shakes but for the cost (plus the cost of adding in fresh fruits and vegetables), I will hire a nutritionist to help me make better food choices. I also did not appreciate being charged $99 when I cancelled my order after the first month. I will not be recommending Nutrisystem to anyone.

Hello Jessica,

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I received an email today stating that Nutrisystem was about to ship me a second order. I never gave my consent for a second order. After I called customer service to cancel, the agent was less than helpful and informed me that my order will be canceled but I would received a $99 cancellation fee. This was after I had told her I dissatisfied with the product and that was why I was canceling. She told me there wasn't anything she could do about it because I'm "outside of my 14 day satisfaction."

Nutrisystem counts the day of shipment as part of your 14 days and it takes 10 days before it even gets to you. Apparently you really have 4 days to decide if you like it or not... so I'm out $99 for food I will never received and the food I have now isn't enough to feed anyone.. DO NOT GET NUTRISYSTEM. They are one of those typical subscription companies with hidden fees.

Hi Gary,

We are so very happy to hear about your positive experience with our Customer Service department! We will be sure to forward this along.

Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Two reps that I chatted with were unable to give clear and concise instructions about how to change my plan. When I sent an e-mail to customer service, they responded with a three sentence instruction that enabled me to accomplish my goal with one phone call. Thank you customer service.

Insufficient response received

Hello Shannon,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We certainly understand how important it is to receive the right variety of meals in each order in order to have the best success possible on our program. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I did receive a prompt response as to where my order is which is great... I'm kind of wondering though why I received some items I didn't think that I ordered in the dry food of which I'm not to fond of... I really only like the frozen foods. I received some smoked hamburger patties that I don't remember ordering, and I don't care for the cranberry cookies or whatever they are. I really only like the big oatmeal cookie. Other than that I would like to lose more weight weekly also. Just saying.

Hi Samuel,

We are delighted to read your feedback about Nutrisystem! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to please! Have a fantastic day.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

The person I spoke with was very nice and helpful. He gave me several suggestions that I think will help me a lot to reach my goal of lowering my glucose level and weight. Thanks for having such knowledgeable and helpful people.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you were able to get your questions answered quickly and effectively and hope you continue to reach out with any additional questions you may have. Have a great day!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

Very happy with the speed, detail, and honesty of the response to my question. Somewhat disappointed with the impersonal nature of the response from "The Nutrisystem Counseling Team." While I was on the Medifast program, all responses to my questions were from a named person; so, this just seemed quite impersonal and detached.

Hi Sherry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Nutrisystem, we aim to please! We appreciate the feedback and are happy to send you a hard copy of the Eating Out Guide. If you need anything else please let us know. Have a great day!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

Things have gone very well! I have lost 10 pounds without any problems and without ever being hungry! I am supposed to be receiving another box in November. I am hoping you can include a copy of the Eating Out guide because my husband doesn't want me to print out the whole thing that you sent me by e-mail (thanks for sending it anyway!). Thank you for always answering my questions quickly! I have been the same weight forever so losing these 10 pounds is wonderful!

Hello Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with one of our Weight Loss Counselors. If there is anything else we can help with, please feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Enjoy your day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

As usual I called nutrisystem and she was very helpful. NOT ONLY SHE FIXED MY PROBLEM OF THE WRONG BEAR SENT SHE HELPED ME WITH MY PROBLEM OF MAINTAINING MY GOAL. I was still losing weight instead of maintaining my weight. She gave me great advice. I hope to be able to talk to her again. Love Nutrisystem.

Hello Pamela,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you did not care for all of the entrees. We understand that everyone has different tastes. We will be in touch shortly. We hope you have a good day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Very expensive (over $300 for 28 days of meals, not including the fresh produce you'll buy), punitive cancellation fee of $99 before you even get to try it, and worst of all, the food is very poor. Trying to hide chemical flavors with too much spice, overly processed and downright nasty sometimes. Many entrees I basically took a bite, grimaced, and threw it out. The shakes are good. The breakfast bars are fine. The lunch entrees and the dinner entrees are quite distasteful. I'd be better off making a homemade soup with fresh veggies, eating fruit, and losing weight with better nutrition and food value... not to mention saving several hundred dollars. This is a plan for someone who normally eats a lot of processed food and frozen foods and is used to the cardboard flavor, strange texture, and chemical overload. I can't believe that if you ate three or four weeks of this food, you would still retain your health.

Nutrisystem Company Profile