Call toll free
3.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3601 Nutrisystem Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Positives: Nutrisystem works and it is easy and delicious. Negatives: Nutrisystem is slow weight loss, you will probably give up before you reach your goal because you will get sick of the food. Tips for Success: Add nutrition to the program, add vegetables to every meal and snack. Add high quality protein too. Add a fiber supplement to keep feeling full. Add spices and herbs. Buy extra to serve to your family when you are having a day where it is hard to stay on the program. Add exercise AFTER you've lost about 20% of your goal because it is hard to eat a restricted calorie diet when you're burning more calories and you want to eat more food. How to be Successful: It is a mindset. Think that Nutrisystem is supplying all the junk food, you have to supply the high nutrition food. When you have to add food, you add only nutritious foods. You don't add any extra junk.

How I felt physically: I felt ok, I didn't always feel great but that wasn't always due to Nutrisystem because I had some physical problems. Things that were Nutrisystem related were that I noticed that I had a white coating on my tongue that went away after I stopped the program. It was difficult to even brush it off at night before I went to bed. I'd wake up with it too. I was hungry often on the diet, it is not a lot of food. When I would sweat, the sweat would smell like the Nutrisystem food which was not good. How I felt emotionally: Sometimes I felt isolated from other people because I avoided social events centered around food because I knew I'd eat the food. This is temporary because I just went to a food event last week and I was fine. I ate the crudite and left the chips and fried foods alone.

What happened along the weight loss journey that surprised me: Once I lost some weight and started feeling better about myself and feeling more like "my old self", I noticed that I didn't eat the dessert/snack everyday. My son ate the ice cream treats and I didn't even notice. The Hardest Part of the Program: For me it was cooking for my family. I am an excellent cook and I continued to make delicious dinners for them. It was HARD and I would cheat with my own food. How I handled it was I made less delicious food and I bought extra Nutrisystem food and fed them Nutrisystem on the days I was having a hard time sticking to the program. Dinner times were always the hardest part.

My favorite foods: Chocolate muffin at breakfast, tortilla soup for lunch, frozen cheese pizza for dinner, cheese popcorn for snack. I liked all the lunch soups and the peanut butter lunch bar. Lunch was always my favorite meal. Least favorite foods: I had some food I detested but the biggest complaint I have about the food is that the cubed chicken in the frozen dinners was tough, chewy and rubbery. I used to spit it out. Otherwise, I had no real complaints about the food. There was enough selection that I always found items I thought were delicious. In Conclusion: It works, it's easy and delicious. It is also slow but if you stick with it you will reach your goal. You need to add high quality nutritious foods. Bottom line: I would recommend it to anyone, particularly people who like their junk foods. It will wean you off of them. I give it 5 stars, I loved it!

Hi Dawn!

Thank you for sharing your comprehensive review of our plan, including tips to succeed, your favorites, and how you felt on the program. I'm sure this review will help many others on and off the program. We wish you all the best, Dawn!

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I am on Nutrisystem and have lost weight. A friend of mine was on the program and quit, leaving me a large supply of product. Tried to postpone my next shipment online but was only able to choose postponement for a couple of weeks. I wanted to postpone for more than a month. The choices were there but it does not allow you to choose them. I had to call and wait online too long to talk to someone who could postpone for a month or more. They purposely do this so you have to call a counselor in order for them to try to keep you on the system and to keep buying their product.

HI Marvin,

We are so sorry you had issues delaying your order online. We will be sending this feedback along to the correct department to look into. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We wish you the best of luck on the program.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The most important thing for me is that it is working. On the road to lose 80 lbs. I've lost 28 after only 6 weeks. The food is not fine dining but it is good enough and with enough variety to not be boring. Some of the food is quite tasty and others only rate around good but, for me, that is not the point. The point is that now most of the time I am not hungry and I am losing weight without having to make major alterations to my life. Surely, there are times when I just want to get a pizza delivered and munch out but Nutrisystem provides ways to deal with that. I'm not going to blow smoke, some self-control will be required. The few times I have some real cravings, I just pull up the weight chart and see that nice downward trend of weight and remind myself why I am doing this. The quick start program, for me, was the most difficult portion to get through but it surely did as it described.

My weight loss started quickly and tapered a bit, as expected, once I got on the regular weekly plan. I am still losing around 3 to 4 lbs a week which might be a little atypical but I'm not complaining. This meal plan was exactly what I needed. Previously I ate healthy but I just ate too much. Comparing then to now, I realized I was eating roughly double what I should have been. So not only has this plan allowed me to lose weight but it has provided me with an idea of what meal sizes should be if I ever decide to stop with Nutrisystem. I personally think the frozen meals are a very good add-on as they provide more variety and tend to be a bit more tasty and satisfying.

I really do appreciate that this program exists. I just turned 50 not too long ago and was starting to have more concerns about my weight which has always been above 'normal'. Nutrisystem not only seems to be dealing with my weight but it also helped me ease my mind about my future health. I'm also a workaholic which means that previous diets I tried had, what I feel was, a significant impact on my lifestyle. Which is probably the main reason they all failed.

Nutrisystem is very simple. Take their base plan, modify the meal times to fit your current schedule, keep the intervals between meals roughly the same, and in no time it just becomes part of your day. The food for the most part is portable as well which is rather convenient. Again, Thank You for providing this product. Before I was skeptical about ever seeing what I consider a healthy weight but this product and changed that skepticism into hope and has provided exactly what the proverbial doctor ordered.

Hi Douglas!

Thank you for writing this review! We are so excited for you, Douglas! We truly appreciate the kind words for the brand :-) You are doing excellent work on the program. We wish you the best of luck with everything. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The young lady that helped me was very nice and the young man that helped me on the very first order was great. Understood I did not eat chicken and set my orders up so I would get no chicken products... but did not get the Turbo Takeoff box. Had to call... did this order Two weeks later so am just starting this diet Monday Sept 17th. Sad... When I received the Red Turbo Takeoff box it had two (2) chicken entries. Amazing. So now I am down 2 dinners... I am just hoping that there will be no chicken entries of any kind in my next month's order. Other than that... all is good.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear that you received chicken items that you did not want. We will be reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 13, 2018

FYI I am 81 years old, a male and an RN still working. I found myself at 202lbs when I needed to be about 170lbs, started 3 month ago and so far have lost 17lbs. My experience has been: the whole thing is about learning food selection and portion control otherwise you will lose the weight and put it right back on. Most of the meals are good, one or two have been not so good and a few have been excellent, but they are providing you with a lot of variety and all and all the food is satisfying and convenient. Several people that know I am doing Nutrisystem have talked to me and one of the main concerns seems to be about the cost. It works like this, you are buying most of your groceries just one time a month, you will still need to buy supplementary vegetables and a few other things but in my case once I deducted junk food and fast food meals I probably am spending less.

The delivery has been perfect. It comes by FedEx and has been right on time and nothing has been damaged in shipment. You get 2 boxes one with shelf storage items and a box of frozen stuff packed with dry ice. The frozen stuff has been always still frozen so far! The people at Nutrisystem have been very good to work with always courteous and helpful, replies by Email take a little time but they will get back with you and work things out to your satisfaction.

Looking back I remember only one really bad moment, I had just received my first package and had what seemed to be a huge number of packages of food all over the kitchen table and didn't know where to start to make sense of it all, my wife told me "look for the instructions!" Sure enough I found the instructions and read them it made sense. Read the directions, DON'T OVERTHINK IT. Just do what you are supposed to and it will work. You didn't get overweight in two weeks, you won't lose it in two weeks have some patience. GOOD LUCK!

Hello David,

Thank you for sharing this with us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the plan and your success so far! Keep up the great work. Be sure to reach out and let us know if you have any questions about your plan.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: May 18, 2019

I appreciate the help with portion control. That has always been my biggest challenge in weight loss. I have learned more about portion control in the last two weeks than in many other weight loss programs I have tried. The food also tastes very good. I have liked everything I have eaten so far. I also enjoy the grab and go bars when I have lots to do in a day.

Hi Yancy,

Thanks for taking the time is send in your review. We are glad to hear how much you are learning from the program. Keep up the good work!

Original review: May 17, 2019

My daughter and I have been customers for 2 years. When I saw the 50% off Spring sale, I told her to order and I would pay for her birthday. Before I got the bill, she had another order so I thought the $364 was a double bill until I just got my next bill today with a $439 charge for 4/19. I called to find out why we had not gotten the 50% off price and all Alexis keep saying it was past the 30 days and she could not do anything. I said the 4/19 is within 30 days and she said, "No it goes by the ship date of 4/15 and it is 4/17." I asked why we did not get the Spring sale price and she said my daughter did not order it right online. I think that is bad business practices to not give your advertised price automatically when someone is ordering during that time frame.

I ask to speak to her supervisor because I was sure someone would offer some kind of adjustment or $50 off at least to an upset customer. She had me on hold for a while and came back and told me her supervisor agreed with her and would not let me talk to them or give me their name. You have lost 2 customers and since I am furious I will not speak kindly to anyone about Nutrisystem. Customer Service means finding ways to make a customer happy and appreciated not just quoting rules. Any effort would have saved you 2 customers. Jackie ** and Kristy **.

Hello Jacqueline,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. I am very sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with the 50% off promotion. I certainly understand how this may be frustrating and would be happy to look into this further.

We typically have several promotions running at one time and these are unable to be combined. We are only able to offer one promotion per account. I am very sorry for any confusion when placing the order and that a different promotion was added. I will be looking into your account further and reaching out soon to see how I can help.

I look forward to working with you!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: May 17, 2019

I was shocked and disappointed to be told there is no way to print out a summary report of the NuMi journal by date range. What good is an app that swallows information that cannot be retrieved or analyzed? This is 2019. Basic Analytics, or at the very least a summary report should be included in baseline functions of any health-related app.

I called support because my endocrinologist asked for a copy of my caloric and nutritional intake over the past 90 days to reconcile against my A1C result. After searching for about 15 mins, your rep determined the only output allowed by the NuMi app was printing a single page of the journal via the NuMi website. I hung up frustrated that no consideration was given to reporting/analytics after keying data in keystroke by keystroke. What good is data if it can’t be used to provide information?

—-Dale

Original review: May 17, 2019

My complaint is the inability to switch payment types after an order has been placed, but prior to its delivery. The default credit card on file was charged, per our agreement, but I wanted to switch out the payment for another. Because of the EST and my PST, I missed this deadline by one hour. (I read the email text on my phone, saw the date and did not scroll to the bottom where it addresses the time deadline. I mistakenly assumed I had ALL that day to make my changes.) NS inability to credit my card and substitute payment within a one-day grace period is, in my opinion, inflexible and unreasonable. My intention was NOT to return the food, simply pay with another method.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, and I wanted to write you to assist with your concerns. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty changing the payment method for your order, I know that can be frustrating, but I'd be glad to help how I can.

Unfortunately after the deadline to edit your order, the order begins processing and cannot be changed. If caught in time, we can usually cancel an order and just reschedule the shipping time of your next order so you are not without food. Once an order ships though, we are not able to stop it.

I'll be looking into your concern in more detail and reaching out soon! I look forward to helping resolve your concerns, and I hope you enjoy your weekend, Chris.

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: May 16, 2019

Once I spoke to a counselor regarding how the plan worked, I was put at ease. I was so happy to speak with someone who could answer my questions. I look forward to losing some weight and am glad Nutrisystem is there for me!!

Hi JoAnne,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

We are so happy to hear that one of our counselors was able to assist you with getting started on the program.

Hope you have a great day and best of luck with the plan!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I don’t understand why I only lost 4 lbs. I followed the program instructions. I have 5 more days hopefully I’ll lose another 1lb or so. I only needed to lose 10 lbs so I only signed up for 1 month. Please do not call me.

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your weight loss. I am sorry hear that it less than expected for you and understand how disappointing that it can be.

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team and I am willing to work with you to help troubleshoot your weight loss. A healthy rate of loss is about 1-2 lbs per week or a loss of about 1% of your body weight per week. The rate of loss is impacted by starting weight, level of physical activity, compliance to the program, medical issues, medications and gender. I will be sending you a message shortly to help address your concerns.

I wish you the best of luck Barbara and looking forward to connecting with you soon. Please enjoy your day!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I received my first ready to go foods on Saturday May 11th. I started my program on Monday. My frozen was NOT shipped in time for me to continue on schedule without having to switch my dinner for lunch on Friday. My frozen will arrive Friday afternoon. I would appreciate that a better plan for shipping my frozen be put in place next month. Is it not possible to have everything shipped at once? Just asking. I realize the food comes from two different areas as some are ready to go and some are frozen. If I would have started on Sunday, I would be two days shifting dinners for lunches. Thanks Susan.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing your review about your frozen order, I apologize that it hasn't arrived as expected. I understand how frustrating this may be to run out of food.

We are happy to look into this and will reach out shortly!

Original review: May 15, 2019

It would have been beneficial to have a guide on top of the first box that arrived with a flow sheet directing my actions. Like: locate the box on the bottom called “Jump Start”. A down and dirty steps to get started.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your review and welcome to the program. We appreciate you taking the time to send in your feedback on how to improve the getting started experience. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Hope you have a great day!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I feel horribly gypped by your program. Please help. I signed up over the phone and no one told me I had to make my own meals. That's why your rates are cut in half because you send half the meals. This is not a discount at all. And I find your advertising very misleading. Now I'm on hold with a totaly UNEMPATHETIC representative who has put me on hold.

Hi Dana,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about our plan configuration and our advertising. We are sorry to hear that you feel misled, but we are happy to help.

Our current plan configuration includes flex meals since we believe they are a great way to practice eating on your own. Each week women are expected to incorporate two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners, and two evening snacks. Men incorporate the same amount of flex meals, but they practice four flex snacks throughout the week. We recommend spreading these meals throughout each week instead of doing full days on your own. We don't expect anyone to be on our program forever and want to help instill better eating habits for the future which is why we have incorporated flex meals. We apologize for any confusion surrounding this.

I will be looking into your concern and reaching out with more detail.

We look forward to working with you, Dana.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Had a problem with my milestone water bottle breaking. I contacted customer service and they are sending a free replacement. No questions asked. I still wish the bottles were better quality but am happy with the service. I am doing well with Nutrisystem and the reward bands for the bottle really are quite motivational.

Hi Josh!

We are sorry to hear about your water bottle but are happy to hear that we were able to get you a replacement. Stay hydrated!

Original review: May 13, 2019

Your TV advertising is false and misleading. If you’re in the business of helping people lose weight it shouldn’t matter what program they choose, there should be guidelines and explanations on how to work the program. I spent $285,00 and all I received was a bunch of packaged food labeled breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack and shakes. Seems you’re in the business of taking people’s money!!

Hello Nancy,

We are sorry to hear about your experience regarding the shipment. We would like to help out. We will have a representative reach out to you shortly.

Enjoy your evening, Nancy.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I placed an a la carte order and it said it was $86.20 so I hit submit order but then it said thank you for your order and it was like $136.00 or something like that. So I called your number and was on hold for like 45 minutes before I hung up and tried chat. That took like 15 minutes and they weren't able to fix the problem just cancel the order. These special discounts mess up all the time. Very frustrating.

Hello Marilyn,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to hear that your discount fell off of the order once you placed it. I would be happy to take a look at your account and see how I can assist you with this.

I will reach out with a Private Message as soon as I know more. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered Nutrisystem and actually lost a couple of pounds in the first week. In the second week I started to retain water and gained it back. I was miserable. So I called within the 14 days and asked for a refund. The Customer Service Rep really gave me a hard time, saying I needed to talk to one of their nutritionists. When I pushed back and said I was going to use Weight Watchers she said WW was unhealthy. I just laughed at her. She finally said she needed to make the arrangements and asked me to hold. I was on hold for 30 minutes (I guess she misjudged my stubbornness). When she finally returned she was very terse and said I wouldn't be able. I said GOOD!

Hello Sherry,

We are sorry to hear about your experience while on the program. We would like to help out.

We will have a representative reach out to you shortly.

Enjoy your evening, Sherry.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Process for delaying orders. Nutrisystem needs to make it easier to delay regular orders. I should be able to do it from the website, but after putting in one delay, the website would not accept further delays and I had to send an email. This is pretty poor customer interaction.

Hi Dwight,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about delaying your orders. I understand how frustrating it must have been to not be able to delay on the website at your convenience.

Typically, the system online will not allow you to delay more than 60 days. If you would like to delay further, we suggest reaching out to us just like you mentioned so that we can bypass the system for you. The intention isn't for it to be an inconvenience, but as a way for us to touch base with the client to ensure all is well with their journey and if not, what we can do to help the person get back on track.

As a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, I look forward to working with you to address your concerns. I will be in touch soon. Have a great day and good luck Dwight!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I ordered this men's plan for one month to try it out. I hate the food. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, so called to cancel the auto delivery and she says, she is going to charge my credit card $125 for an early cancellation fee! Great idea charge me more and make a customer more angry than they already are. I will dispute the charge and will also call the CEO and have a long talk her.

Hi Rock,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on the program. I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team and will be assisting you with your concerns about the food and the fee to discontinue.

I understand how disappointing and frustration the experience must have been for you to dislike the meals and then have to pay a fee when you wish to discontinue. I am sorry that the terms of the auto-delivery were not clear for you and I am happy to help you to better understand them.

When you signed up for your 4 week shipment, you were given a special discount off of the retail value of the package. We are unable to extend this discount if you only take one package which is where the cancellation fee comes in. The cost of which is $125. All that we ask to keep this discount is to accept two shipments.

However, we do have a 14-day Money Back Guarantee. You have 2 weeks from the time the package arrives at your door to try out the product and see if it is the program for you. If not, simply call us within those first 14 days to cancel the program. We will waive the cancellation fee and provide you a label to send back the foods. You will receive a full refund minus the cost of the label, about $20.

If you choose to not accept a second package and want to keep the first package, you can cancel, but you would incur the cancellation charge of $125. Once you have accepted a second package which fulfills your 2 shipment minimum, you are able to discontinue the program without incurring any additional fees.

I will look into your concerns further and will be in touch soon regarding ways we can work to address and resolve your issues regarding the food and the fee. Please enjoy the rest of your day Rock!

Original review: May 9, 2019

My husband and I joined 3 years ago for a couple of months. We didn’t like the food then. February 2019 we signed up again and we were surprised by the quality of the food. It was very good! Good results.

Hi Elvie!

Thanks for the positive words for the food. We are glad to hear you are enjoying things this time around. Best wishes!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I was eating the Nutrisystem mac and cheese dinner, when I noticed a dark object, upon further examination I found 4 more of these objects. They looked like the skin that is found around processed meats like ham or turkey. I just want to inform Nutrisystem to the possibility of more of these pieces being found in this particular meal.

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, and I just wanted to reach out to discuss your concerns. I sincerely apologize that you received an item in that condition, and I'd be glad to forward the matter to our Quality Assurance Team so they can look into the matter further. We take our product quality very seriously here any Nutrisystem, and I am sorry that you received an item not up to our standards.

I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and I will be reaching out soon to see if I can gather some more information for the Quality Assurance Team.

Thank you for making us part of your journey and have a great week, Nancy!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: May 9, 2019

After a flaw in their order system did not allow me to change the foods on an order that I just had entered seconds before while the system was not giving me a chance to customize my order before confirming and locking it for edits. I tried for a day to reach anybody at Nutrisystem using all the avenues available to me as a customer.

The online chat system and the phone number disconnected me both after waiting a long time without reason and explanation. At the end of a stressful and frustrating day I finally could each somebody on the online chat - of course after receiving that the order with the computer picked and not wanted food had shipped. Both people were while friendly not helpful and seemed not to care that they were about to lose a long term and repeat customer and acted like robots quoting corporate guidelines rules and tried to pin the fault on me since I did put in that order (not listening or understanding why I was unhappy and couldn't change the order - which in itself is ridiculous. Amazon gives you 30 minutes to avoid situations like this).

Of course the money was charged immediately to my credit card and I might get it back in a few weeks. Finally somebody from the social media team cared enough to call FedEx and turn the order around so I do not have to deal with sending it back (the two ** on the chat could have done the same and if the customer service would have read their email at a normal pace they could have stopped the shipment altogether before it happened). After day I got a few apologies (probably automated computer letters). Nobody seems to care losing a customer, nobody asked how they could have corrected the issue in an acceptable way and maybe kept me on board. All in all not an uncommon, but very bad, frustrating and upsetting experience.

Hello Hugo,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience team. Thank you for writing your review about the issues you had with your order. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service that you received.

Your satisfaction with our program is our top priority here at Nutrisystem. I see that you have been working with our Social Media Team about this issue. They were able to have your package rerouted back to our warehouse. Your refund was requested on 5/9, please just allow 3-5 business days for that to process.

I will be doing some additional research on your account and reaching out soon!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I bought 2 months and had no weight loss. I am asking for a refund for these orders. I actually gained weight eating so much. I had gastric bypass and I could not eat all this. I gained weight with this plan.

Hi Aileen,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience about your time on Nutrisystem. I am sorry to hear that your weight loss was less than expected and understand how disappointment you must feel.

As a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, I will review your account and follow up with you regarding your concerns.

In the meantime, I am happy to help you to better understand our Terms and Conditions.

The rate of loss is typically about 1-2 lbs per week. The rate of various factors including gender, starting weight, level of physical activity, medications, medical issues and level of compliance. Our team of Counselors are available to review your food log and progress if needed while on the program. They can be reached at 800-585-5483 option 2 from 8 AM to 10 PM EST weekdays and 9 AM to 9 PM weekends to help provide tips if you have more than 2 weeks without seeing weight loss.

I look forward to working with you Aileen as I look into your issue further. Please enjoy the rest of your day and best of luck to you!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have tried countless times to contact customer service for help with my account and NOT ONCE have I been helped. I wait 5 days between emails, spend hours on hold, and nobody on the online chat is competent or helpful. The responses I do get are lazy, rude, or completely unhelpful. To spend hundreds of dollars a month and then get treated like this is completely absurd. Needless to say, I will no longer be paying into this company.

Hello Arianna,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble getting in contact with us. As a member of the Consumer Experience Team here at Nutrisystem, I will be looking into your account to see how I can assist you and improvise your experience.

I will be looking into your account and once I gather more information on how I can help, I will send a Private Message. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: May 7, 2019

We were double charged for cancellation of program when if our account had been handled properly it would have been no charge. Why our review was not complete and we have tried on 3 occasion to get someone on the phone who could help me.

Hello Shirley,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about your cancellation experience. I apologize for any frustration you feel and look forward to helping.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more specifics on your concern.

We look forward to working with you, Shirley.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I really learned about the calories and intake. I didn’t realize how much l was eating in the past. The vegetarian program was good but it was way too much dairy for me and it had caused a considerable amount of GI issues. The shakes were very good and the meal bars were also good. I have been a vegetarian for years so that was not an issue.

Hi Esther,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you learned while on the program. We appreciate your feedback on the vegetarian menu options. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hope you have a great day!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Their food is not tasty. Some of the food, I wouldn't feed my pet nor do I think it would eat it. A lot of the food is based on beans which I don't particularly care for. A tremendous amount is based on snack bars and trail mix bars and such like that. I only need to lose about 30 lbs. and after this experience, I know I would have paid the same price or less if I had just bought Lean Cuisine, Weight Watcher's Smart Ones, the South Beach Diet, etc. which I could have bought in my own supermarket for probably a lot less had I bought them on sale. Certainly it wouldn't have been anymore and they would have been tastier because I got to choose what I wanted to eat. I'd give them less than a one star review if possible.

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for your feedback on the plan, we want to know what others are thinking!

We do offer a large variety of food beyond bars and items with beans and would be happy to see which program you were on and see what may have given you more variety.

We will take a look at your account and reach out to help!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 7, 2019

My husband wanted to try and get control of his weight so we signed up for the Uniquely Yours Program. Program arrived and after a bit of adjustment began seeing the results he wanted. We just finished our 2nd month and waiting g for the 3rd to ship. WE ARE OUT OF FOOD. What they don't tell you ANYWHERE is it's only 20 days. Let's see, 4 week plan, 7 days a week should be 28 meals. No-no my friends they only send 20 days. That's a whole week plus a day you are without any meals. When I called customer service I was told it's a flex plan. What does that mean? I get crickets on the other end. I guess we are suppose to Know that means you get SOME meals. Website is very deceiving and we feel we have been duped. It's a shame as we feel the program is good and works if you "just eat the food" which is exactly what the commercial on TV states. What they don't tell you is 1/2 the month you're on your own.

Hello Brooks,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry for any confusion about the Flex™ Meals, but would be happy to assist you further.

Our four week programs do incorporate Flex™ Meals throughout the week. These meals on your own have been included to allow flexibility as well as provide a great learning experience that is necessary for maintenance. The Nutrisystem® program is not merely food, we also educate our members on proper portion sizes and healthy choices. Our goal is to teach our members not only how to attain a healthy weight, but how to maintain it when eating their own foods.

We do try our best to disclose this information on our website. After you select the "Uniquely Yours" plan on the "Shop Plans" tab, there is a link above where you select your gender that says "What's included?" This will bring up a page that explains the Flex Meals, and also includes a link with a Sample Week Menu. We also include information about the Flex Meals on our “How It Works” page. I am very sorry again for any confusion or inconvenience caused. I will be forwarding on your feedback to the appropriate departments for review.

We provide our members many resources to help them learn throughout their journey. For each plan, we have a 7 day sample menu on our blog The Leaf that incorporate the Flex™ Meals throughout the week as recommended: https://leaf.nutrisystem.com/for_customers/one-week-sample-menu-for-men/

We also have thousands of Flex™ Meal recipes for each meal occasion on The Leaf at the following link: https://leaf.nutrisystem.com/recipes/?filters=

When dining out with friends or family, we have a great Dining Out Guide with tips and tricks for sticking to the plan and suggestions on meals you can order at a variety of popular restaurants: https://leaf.nutrisystem.com/for_customers/eating-out-guide/

Our Weight Loss Counseling Team is also available 7 days week to help you with planning your Flex™ Meals if needed. They can be reached via email, LIVE CHAT on our website www.nutrisystem.com, or by calling 1-800-585-5483, option #2.

I apologize again for any confusion regarding these Flex™ Meals, Brooks. I will be looking into your account and reaching out soon to see how I can help. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Worst customer representatives in the entire business community. They definitely need to go back to school and learn people skills. They were the rudest people I have ever had to deal with. This is Dorothy’s P.O.A. And we as a family and everyone we know will hear about this and never do business with Nutrisystem ever again.

Hello Richard,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience team. Thank you for writing your review about the issues you had with Dorothy's order. I am sorry to hear the service you received was not up to our standards.

Your satisfaction with our program is our top priority here at Nutrisystem. I will be looking into Dorothy's account and reaching out to assist. I look forward to working with you!

Nutrisystem expert review by JJ Virgin

Portioned meals and snacks delivered every four weeks starting at $9.40 a day. Plans are tailored for men or women and are vegetarian-friendly and diabetes-safe. Phone and online support is available.

• Specialty programs: Nutrisystem for Men addresses the weight loss needs of men. Nutrisystem D is designed for Prediabetes or Type 2 dieters and includes access to certified Diabetes counselors.

• Menu options: Dieters can choose from over 150 breakfast, lunch and dinner options, including snacks, shakes and frozen foods. More than 90 vegetarian offerings are also available, along with a vegetarian plan.

• Goal weight maintenance: Nutrisystem Success helps users maintain healthy eating habits with customized meal planning and portion-controlled, pre-measured food containers.

• Free shipping: Free FedEx shipping is available on all orders within the continental United States. Customers using auto-delivery also get 35 percent off every order and reminders to choose food.

• Support: Counselors are available via phone, email or online chat every day from 7 a.m. to midnight, except Christmas and Thanksgiving. Nutrisystem’s website, social media and app provide food tracking, tips, recipes and news.

• Quick start: All plans (except those for diabetics) include Turbo Takeoff, a special first week of meals and snacks designed to burn fat and jumpstart weight loss.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Nutrisystem Company Information