4.22/5
  • 1 star
Based on 303 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

2637 Nutrisystem Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Visited with SallyL about my plan. I was confused on the flex meals and how to use nutrishakes. I was unable to give her a review as every time she transferred me to the survey the phone call disconnected. Please let those concerned that I was very pleased with our conversation. She more than met my expectations.

Hi Harold,

Thank you for reaching out! We are sorry to hear there was an issue with the survey. We will be sure to let Sally's supervisor know what a great job she did.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Hope you have a wonderful day.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Lady over phone was very helpful and she explained second week program for Nutrisystem plan and food we don't like she replacing which is very nice about because some food is too sweet for me so I request her and she replacing all sweet food for me.

Hi Jayshriben,

Thank you for reaching out! We are so happy to hear you were pleased with your Customer Service experience.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I needed to determine which items had stevia since I had an allergic reaction to one of the foods on the plan. I called the counselor support line and within minutes, the counselor sent me a list of all the foods that contain stevia and all the stevia derivatives. I then sent an email about replacing the items that were in my first order. I could change my upcoming order, but was left with several items I couldn't eat. They responded and instructed me the line to call and option to choose. It then took only a few minutes for the gentleman on the phone to help me choose my replacement items and provide me with the office to send back the items I was exchanging.

Every time I spoke or wrote the counselors, they were extremely responsive, made me feel like they genuinely cared about my issues and helping me resolve them. I've tried several other weight loss solutions and have never received the service from them as I have from Nutrisystem. It's clear why this place has been in business for so many years. Oh, and it's much less expensive than some other programs, and the foods taste much better. Thank you to Victoria, Olivia and Thomas for all their help.

Hello Sheetal,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you have been please with your experience on the program so far.

We will be sure to let Victoria, Olivia and Thomas' supervisors know what a great job they are doing.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Thank you for letting me know that my Nutribear is on the way. I only have to lose 6 more pounds to get my next one! I absolutely LOVE Nutrisystem! It's the only plan that has ever worked for me, and I'm having a great time enjoying the food and learning proper portion and food combination control! Even after I reach my goal, I intend to continue enjoying the food to maintain my weight. Looking good for a 62 yrs young lady!!!

Hi Toni,

Thank you so much for your review! Congrats on your weight loss, you are off to a great start! We are thrilled to hear how much you are enjoying the program and learning new healthy eating habits.

Please keep us posted on your continued success.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The majority of the Nutrisystem food is delicious. I loved that I could choose my own meals, after the first shipment. I felt it was a well rounded food plan. I lost 30# in 3 months on the plan. I learned about the importance of small meals with 3 snacks per day. I believe Nutrisystem has taught me how to eat going forward now that I am having to leave the program. I would continue in if finances wasn't an issue.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you so much for your review! Congrats on your weight loss. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the program and learned new healthy eating habits.

If you are interested in coming back to the program, you can check out this link for more ways to save on the plan https://goo.gl/sutSlq.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had already removed the Canadian turkey bacon egg and cheese muffins from my auto order, the last representative stated that he too had removed them from any future orders. Will I receive a credit to my account? I had to get rid of the spoiled ones. I did buy real Canadian bacon eggs and cheese and I have been making sandwiches myself to try to stick to the Nutrisystem program guidelines. There are many positives to this program and I am very thankful for the support I have had. I would like information about the size of the vitamins. It is difficult for me to swallow large pills. Thank you.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. We are sorry to hear about the issue you had with your order.

We would be happy to have a representative look into your credit and your question on the vitamins.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Having used the Weight Watchers app before, I find it disappointing that your NuMi app does not have the basic information in it that you already provide in other pdfs such as the grocery guide. Simple search for "fresh apple" can't tell me if that is a power fuel or a smart carb. Seems pretty basic to me. I went from really liking how easy it is to use your foods and follow the diet, to being fairly confused and afraid to each anything since I don't know how to classify it. That makes me more hungry than the first week, and more cranky.

Hello Katarzyna,

Thank you for reaching out! We are very sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the NuMi app.

We will be reaching out soon to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

2 weeks into the program contacted the counselor on the back of the Nutrisystem booklet... Counselor is very good. Explained the program to me. She was very thorough and kind and wished me luck. I came to the conclusion that I probably wasn't even enough Foods.

Hi Lucille,

This is wonderful to hear! A kind voice and caring Counselor can make a huge difference in your experience on the plan. We are happy to hear you got the advice and service you need to be successful. Please keep us posted on your progress, Lucille!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Unhappy with NUMI changes - Former system better. It allowed 2 snacks/day - 1/am-1/pm. I liked/used chocolate drink for dessert after dinner. Lost 15 pounds -gained back 5, but lost it again - Am back to goal of 30 lbs. Not using NUMI - it's neither easy or intuitive - Am also unhappy with 1 snack after dinner.

Hi Diana,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the update to NuMi. We will be reaching out shortly to gain more information.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have just started for my second time. I previously was on Nutrisytem in Sept 2013 and lost over 30 lbs. A hip replacement surgery has resulted in more than satisfactory weight gain. My new goal is now 52 lbs. This is such a great program and the jump start seems to be going well as I am in my second full day.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the nice review and welcome back to the program! Please let us know if you have any questions regarding getting back on track.

Hope you have a great day!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Food was good and actually helped me to lose and maintain my weight. Huge issue was delivery service. My meals rarely arrived as scheduled. 80% of shipments arrived damaged and melted, even when I repeatedly asked not to overpack boxes and pack additional dry ice. It caused constant disruptions in my diet and inconvenience of waiting for re-ordered deliveries when my schedule calls for frequent travel.

Hello Elina,

Thank you for writing this review. We are so sorry to hear about the condition of your orders.

We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I received a frozen order two months ago (my first order) and it was completely melted on arrival. I requested a replacement and received it in around six business days but it was still frozen so problem solved. I again received a melted frozen order three weeks ago and requested a replacement. They blamed the shipping provider stating it was melted because it sat on the truck too long (even though the shipment was received within the 7-10 day shipping that Nutrisystem pays for so it’s their fault for not packing enough dry ice to keep items frozen for the duration of shipment). They said they would send a replacement but I never received it. I called back to check the status of my replacement and they said the replacement order was “cancelled due to a warehouse error”. Whatever that means.

So they said they would send yet another replacement (third attempt) two days ago and expedite shipping that day but I just checked the order status and it STILL has not shipped. I’ve been out of food for three days and am gaining weight due to being forced off the diet for lack of food. When I asked the rep what I should do about being out of food I was told I should go out to eat and refer to the eating out guidelines. When asked if they could upgrade to a faster shipping option I was told no by two different supervisors (both of which have prolonged the issue rather than resolving it). DO NOT TRY NUTRISYSTEM. They will force you to break their diet and also pay for non-Nutrisystem food because they are too cheap to pay for appropriate shipping.

Hello Alysia,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your order.

We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I contacted a counselor for advice in downloading NuMi. My counselor was Bernadette. She helped me confirm that NuMi was not functioning properly. Her advice regarding diet procedures was excellent. I look forward to working with her again. Thanks Bernadette!

HI Rick,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you had such a great experience when you contacted us.

We have passed on your review to Bernadette's supervisor. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, Rick!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Purchased the box for a month from QVC. No instructions. Hung up on twice. Went to look for shaker for shakes To find out it's extra cost. Then I'm searching for the box with shakes as seen on QVC... Well I don't have them either. Great start to my weight goals!

Hello Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to learn of your experience and will be happy to help!

One of our team members will reach out soon to gather more information and assist you with your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

The delivery of food is slow. I've been waiting a week for replacement items. The frozen foods are shipped days apart from the non-frozen food. The response of customer service to a question is about a week. Trying to get a rep on the phone takes several calls, and then when you get them on the phone, they're so slow. Nutrisystem needs to seriously improve response times, delivery times and customer service.

Hello Veronica ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for issues you had getting your concerns addressed. We want to assure you that we are dedicated to resolving your concerns and making your experience a positive one.

We would like to see how we can help and one of our representatives will be reaching out to you shortly. Have a good day!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I went online to cancel/delay my order and it did not save it. When I received the email that the order went through I emailed at 230 am to cancel my order b/c there was a problem with the website to delay my order. I receive an email 6 pm that day after I got one that said the order shipped. That it was too late to cancel and you needed to contact customer service before 6 pm to cancel. Too bad I did this and the order still didn't get cancelled. They still sent out the dry food and are charging me. I want my account cancelled and autofill stopped. Terrible customer service. Way to make people have to order stuff when they don't want to and want to delay it.

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time discontinuing the program. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I just wanted to say that you guys are truly wonderful and helpful to your customers, if I have a problem or a question you (everyone) bend over backwards to make it right and to help. This is why Nutrisystem works because you make it a pleasure to work with you. Thank you so much.

Hi Kathleen!

We are so happy that you received such great customer service!. You truly are appreciated! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Overall experience not good. Not being very computer techy and missing the "automatic renewal". I see from unhappy FB comments this happens often. CS unhelpful. I was finally connected to a supervisor who assured me I would be refunded and returned unwanted month too but when my MCard bill came I was still charged a "penalty". I will never purchase Nutrisystem again and will give Family and friends my opinion.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with your refund. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I just finished the Turbo week and I have to say, while it's great to have lost 3 lb in one week, I much preferred the program I first did, where I went on the regular diet immediately and lost 1lb per week. It was so unpleasant to spend a week unable to concentrate on work or anything else because of being so hungry. Far better to spend 3 weeks, fully satisfied by the amount of food, and losing 1 lb per week than to "crash" into the program with turbo.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. We are so sorry to hear you were not happy with your first week on the program.

We will have someone from our team reach out to review your concern in more detail. Have a good evening.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

My wife and I each placed an order on 01/03/2018. Minutes later a confirmation came through on email for her order (2nd listing above.) I have yet to receive a confirmation; however, the regular portion of my order did arrive yesterday 01/10 with the frozen portion today, 01/11. Roberta's order arrived on 01/09 and we do not understand why my order was delayed. Both orders were taken by Tom, and at the same phone call, yet one order arrived 2 days before the other. Explanation?

Hello Tony and Roberta,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review,. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the first orders.

We will have a member from our team reach out to follow up with you regarding your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have received two full shipments and one frozen food extra order. The majority of frozen items are received damaged (not the boxed items) or broken. Typical damaged items are: omelets, pancakes, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, ice cream bars not to mention cookies that arrive as cookie bits. Pretzels are pretzel bits. This is ridiculous.

Hello Roy,

Thank you for reaching out! We are so sorry to hear about your order arriving with damage foods.

We will have someone look into this and they will be reaching out soon. Have a good evening.

Resolution response: Jan. 17, 2018

Very happy with Nutrisystem for reaching out and addressing my concerns. Kudos for outstanding customer service.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Just starting with Nutrisystem, and it's not getting off to a good start. When joining, they offered 7 days of free products for all new customers starting on an auto-delivery 4-week plan. When my shipment arrived, I got 3 weeks of meals plus my "free" products for the first week. When I called I was told I got my 4 weeks and my free products. Never mind the math, she had no clue and said "I don't know what to tell you."

They really should be more forthcoming with your 4 week plan being only 3 weeks for the first month, and that the "free" products aren't really free since they are technically the 1st week of the initial "4 week plan." Also, when you download their NuMi app you are suppose to get a free food sampler. Doesn't mention anywhere that you actually have to pay $8 for shipping. Technically they're correct that the product itself is free, but their ads should note somewhere in the fine print that shipping is not included. Anyway, started day one of my diet today so we'll see if things get better.

Hello John,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review,. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your first order.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Due to medical conditions. Extremely nice about it. What I ate was excellent. Except did have exploding cans. The girl I talked to on the phone was extremely nice. The food I ate was very filling and good. I wish I could have stayed on the diet but I did learn portions.

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and share your experience. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the food and learned portion control while on the plan.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We wish you the best in your weight loss journey!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I used this plan 4 years ago and the cost was considerably less than today's prices. And, now there is less food per day and fewer days of food provided. There has been zero inflation in the cost of goods in the United States over the past few years, so I can't understand the reason for Nutrisystem for skimping. I don't think I will be a returning customer. But actually, I was checking on this for a friend and I won't be recommending it to them.

Hello Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review,. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment when researching the program. .

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I was transferred 4x before I was connected with the correct person. Finally Latasha ** took the time to help me with my simple request - my order did not come with the daily planner. She quickly sent the information via email and will follow up with a hard copy. The other representatives could not be bothered with taking the time to truly assist - just quickly transferred me. Not what I expected from NutriSystem.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience when you called. We strive to give 5 star service each and every time you contact us for assistance.

A member of our team will be reaching out soon to review your concern in more detail.

Hope you have a great day, Karen.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I needed to delay my orders and Nutrisystem kindly honored my requests. I am following the principles of the program and continue to lose weight consistently. I am extremely happy with my 18 lb loss so far and I look forward to my next order in February. Thank you Nutrisystem.

HI Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you had such a great experience contacting us to delay your order. We appreciate the update on your progress as well!

Hope you have a great day, Anne!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The counselor I spoke with today was friendly and encouraging. She was knowledgeable of my situation, and very helpful! Was able to get me a copy of the turbo boost pamphlet which is what I needed. And emailed it to me. Thank you for your help and time!

HI Sheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you had such a great experience contacting us and got exactly what you needed to make you successful on the program.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the plan.

Hope you have a great day, Sheryl.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

The lady I spoke with was so helpful, she answered all my questions and now I feel confident that I will start right on track with Nutrisystem. I found out that since I am still breastfeeding that I need more calories than what the diabetic diet has to offer, and she sent me an e-mail with a updated version of what I should eat.

Hi Kristin,

This is wonderful to hear! A caring Counselor can make a huge difference in your experience on the plan. We are happy to hear you got the advice and service you need to be successful. Please keep us posted on your progress, Kristin!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I was not aware there was a $125.00 fee to cancel the program. I also did not approve to have my credit card charged for additional food. The amount withdrawn has put my bank account into a negative balance and additional overdraft charges have been made to my bank account. I’m unhappy and I should be refunded the money withdrawn, including the $46.00 overdraft fees.

Hello Maria,

We are sorry to hear that you were unaware of the cancellation fee upon discontinuing your program. We will be looking into your account and getting in touch soon.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Not happy about Nutrisystem's policies. The food is very expensive without being SLAMMED into high cost add-ons. I was offered a half price shakes for $39 at sign up. I thought this was a one time thing. Today shipment 2 arrived with $79 (were $39) of shakes. When I tried to return them I held for 27 minutes to get an operator who was new and put me on hold with every question I asked.

I asked about web chat, he said there was none and the box popped up online. I held almost 30 minutes for web chat and then was told the shakes have to be canceled and the price doubles after the first shipment. The return policy is EXTREMELY poor customer service. A return label for the shakes I was slammed into is $19.99, they would not offer a one time price adjustment because of the misunderstanding and just told me that is the way it is. NOT IMPRESSED NUTRISYSTEM!!!

Hello MC,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with some of the charges made and the refund process. One of our team members will be happy to look into your account further and will reach out soon.

Nutrisystem Company Information

www.nutrisystem.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use