Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.65/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Nutrisystem delivers healthy meals with a detailed guide and diet plan to your door. Monthly plans don’t offer in-person support, but they do help dieters learn about balanced, portion-controlled eating habits.

PROS

• Meals shipped to your door
  • Vegetarian and diabetic options
  • Affordable

CONS

• No in-person support

Top Nutrisystem Reviews

I have been using Nutrisystem for almost a year and I am very pleased with the food and the results. My food always arrives fast and tastes amazing… Nutrisystem is flexible and offers me the convenience I need.

Just want to say thanks. I've sent several emails to counseling support in the few days that I've been on the plan and they are so helpful and encouraging... I like the emails as this way I can save for reference. Thanks Nutrisystem!

What is Nutrisystem?

Nutrisystem is a weight loss and nutrition company for people who want to manage their weight, eat healthily and create new diet habits. Nutrisystem offers monthly meal plans and à la carte items, and it sells products on the company's website and through authorized retailers and distributors.

Nutrisystem offers four primary plans — Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus — and has vegetarian and diabetic options available. Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include unlimited frozen meals and snacks, and flex meals allow customers the opportunity to cook balanced meals at home or eat at restaurants. Customers have the option of getting handpicked meals with the Chef’s Choice menu or individually picking their meals at sign-up. Nutrisystem sells plans directly on its website.

How does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem dieters eat every two to three hours, up to six times per day. A printed meal plan is included in the first shipment to make it easy for dieters to follow their Nutrisystem plan from the start. Depending on the plan, meal and snack items include options such as buttermilk waffles, mac and cheese, grilled chicken sandwiches and chocolate-covered pretzels.

Meal deliveries are made every four to 10 days. Frozen meals are shipped in frozen storage trucks and packed in dry ice that keeps them frozen for up to eight hours after delivery. One of the benefits of Nutrisystem is free order tracking, which makes it easy to manage and adjust your meals.

Nutrisystem plans

Nutrisystem Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus and Vegetarian plans can be customized for male or female dieters, and the company has diabetic options. Nutrisystem’s website lists a comprehensive nutritional breakdown of all menu items on each plan.

Nutrisystem Basic
    Choose your meals or go with the Chef’s Choice, a preset menu of popular foods. A typical eating schedule on Nutrisystem includes three meals and three snacks per day and includes menu items like three-cheese chicken with steamed broccoli, apple cinnamon oatmeal and white cheddar popcorn. A four-week Basic plan with auto-delivery costs $294.99. Customers can add shakes for an additional $79.98.
    • Basic Diabetes: Nutrisystem created its Basic Diabetes plan to help customers manage their glucose levels while losing weight. The Basic Diabetes plan includes menu items such as blueberry muffins, chicken noodle soup and white chocolate chunk cookies.
    Nutrisystem Core
    Nutrisystem Core comes with more variety and food options than the Basic plan. The first week comes with specially selected meals to jump-start weight loss and ease dieters into the plan. The Core plan also includes unlimited online support from counselors and dietitians. A four-week Core plan with auto-delivery costs $319.99, and probiotic shakes can be added for an additional fee.
    • Core Diabetes: The Core Diabetes plan offers Chef’s Choice Pack and unlimited customer support. With portion control, customers can enjoy whole-grain crackers and cheese, cheese tortellini and Santa Fe-style chicken on Nutrisystem’s Core Diabetes plan.
    Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours
    Uniquely Yours is similar to the Core and Basic plans but comes with even more menu options. A typical Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours day might include a cranberry orange muffin, mixed nuts and a cup of coffee for breakfast, a hamburger and side salad for lunch, roasted turkey and green beans for dinner and snacks throughout the day. Not including shakes, four weeks of auto-delivery costs $359.99.
    • Uniquely Yours Diabetes: With even more menu options created for those with Type 2 diabetes, dieters can manage their blood glucose levels and eat healthy, balanced meals and snacks. On the Uniquely Yours Diabetes, customers have the bonus of receiving unlimited frozen meals and snacks. Favorite menu items include apple slices dipped in peanut butter, ice cream sandwiches and broccoli and cheese melt with sliced vegetables.
    Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Plus
    The Uniquely Yours Plus plan includes everything in the three previous plans and adds even more variety and high-protein shakes. On a typical day, you might have waffles and scrambled eggs with coffee for breakfast, a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad for lunch and a pizza with salad for dinner. Probiotic shakes, cheese puffs, popcorn and mixed nuts make for great snacks throughout the day, and you can even have a chocolate brownie sundae for an evening snack. At $399.99 per month with auto-delivery, it’s one of Nutrisystems best plans for those who crave variety.
    Nutrisystem Vegetarian
    Nutrisystem's vegetarian plan makes it easy for customers on plant-based diets to enjoy balanced and nutritional meals. Menu items include home-style pancakes and stuffed shells with sautéed spinach plus a variety of sweet and savory snacks. Four-week vegetarian plans with auto-delivery start at $359.99.

Compare Nutrisystem cost

Core$11.43
    Uniquely Yours$12.86
    Uniquely Yours Plus$14.29

Nutrisystem FAQ

How much weight can I lose on Nutrisystem?
    Nutrisystem results vary, but you can lose up to 13 to 15 pounds in the first month and one to two pounds per week after.
    Can you drink alcohol on Nutrisystem?
    Yes. Nutrisystem dieters can enjoy alcohol in moderation — stick to drier wines and light beer. Customers should avoid mixed cocktails and alcoholic beverages high in sugar or fat.
    Do you have to exercise on Nutrisystem?
    Yes. Nutrisystem is designed to help dieters create healthy lifestyle habits and encourages 150 minutes of moderately intense physical activity each week. Nutrisystem offers the My Daily 3 plan as part of the company’s eating schedule to help customers get 30 minutes of exercise every day.
    Are Nutrisystem meals frozen?
    Sometimes. Nutrisystem uses a soft canning process to keep meals fresh and ready to eat without freezing. Only Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans have frozen menu items.
    Does Nutrisystem food have preservatives?
    Most Nutrisystem meals don’t have preservatives, though some include BHT, potassium sorbate, calcium propionate and sodium benzoate. More than 120 Nutrisystem foods don’t contain preservatives.
    Can Nutrisystem plans be gluten-free?
    No, Nutrisystem does not currently offer a gluten-free plan.
    Does Nutrisystem have a vegetarian plan?
    Yes, Nutrisystem has a vegetarian plan.
    Does Nutrisystem offer diabetic options?
    Yes, Nutrisystem offers diabetic options.
    Does Nutrisystem use artificial sweeteners?
    Yes, some Nutrisystem foods contain artificial sweeteners, most commonly sucralose. Some offered meals also include sugar alcohols such as maltitol, sorbitol and isomalt.
    Does Nutrisystem food have a lot of sodium?
    Not a lot. Most Nutrisystem plans are below the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommended daily sodium intake of 2,300 milligrams or less.
    What is the cost of Nutrisystem for one month?
    The cost of Nutrisystem for one month ranges from $294.99 to $399.99 with auto-delivery.
    What is Nutrisystem’s return policy?
    Regular subscribers can request a return or refund within 30 days of their delivery. After 30 days, Nutrisystem provides a refund for unopened, non-frozen Nutrisystem foods. Customers can also request a full refund within 14 days of their first order, not including à la carte and weekly orders.

Does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem’s plans work for dieters who want to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise. You can choose from multiple plan options — Core and Basic plans are good for starting out, while the Uniquely Yours plans give dieters more variety and flexibility. All Nutrisystem plans deliver ready-to-go meals straight to your door to help manage short-term and long-term weight loss.

Nutrisystem Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

To be completely honest I was very disappointed with the first weeks loss. It was only 1.2lbs but after 25 days I have lost over 8.5 lbs. I feel that this is the perfect rate of weight loss. I have tried many programs before: Weight Watchers, HCG, Beverly Hills Diet and Eating only once a day. This program is by far the easiest and most realistic one to follow. My only complaint is the repetitiveness of my food choices. I live in Canada and as a result my options are much more limited. I can't have any of the frozen foods and some of them look so delicious.

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much success you are having on the plan so far! We appreciate your feedback on the food choices for our Canadians clients and will be sure to pass on your concerns.

Please keep us posted on your continued success! Hope you have a happy and healthy new year.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Information provided was limited and not very helpful. Emailed me the information guide that was missing from my package and didn’t feel like addressing some of my concerns. Having never dieted before I would have preferred some information in my conversation instead of downloading a large number of pages off my printer because it was missing from my order. So far this is the first person that was not very helpful.

Hello Bonnie,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about your experience. I understand why you would feel fristrated and look forward to helping.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details on your concerns.

I hope you have a great day, Bonnie!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I am currently subscribed to the Uniquely Yours Nutrisystem (NS) plan. This is my second "real" experience with NS as I used their old 28 day Flex plan about 10 years ago and lost 64 pounds in about 8 months. Unfortunately, I slipped back into my old bad habits and since no other diet (Keto, Atkins, low-cal) worked for me, I came back to NS. The food has greatly improved over the last 10 years! I am absolutely loving everything about NS this time around. The NuMi app makes it so easy to track everything no matter where I am and it syncs with my Fitbit tracker so I don't even have to bother with inputting my activity.

On another note, I'm not sure why people are having issues with the ordering system on the website because it's really easy to use and I have never had a problem with it (even back in the old days). It wouldn't let me remove the shakes (functionality is not available), so I called and the rep removed them immediately. The shakes are delicious but the two cans are impossible to get through in one month even though I drink one a day for my morning snack so I have plenty saved up. As I said before, the food is great! There are quite a few old foods that I already knew I didn't like so I make sure not to select those, but the majority of the food is really tasty.

I am amazed by the updated frozen pizzas too. They used to greatly lack in toppings and now they're piled on. The "melts" which I like to refer to as "Nutri-pockets" are so so good and super easy. I could go on and on... I've been back with it for exactly two months and have lost 20 pounds. I'm extremely happy with Nutrisystem and would recommend it to anyone.

Hi Andrea,

Welcome back to the program! Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the program. We appreciate you taking the time to let us how about your success and how easy you are finding the new plan.

Please keep us posted on your continued success. Hope you have a great day and congrats on your weight loss.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I lost 60 pounds on NutriSystem! I want to share my success story in having lost the weight I needed to lose. I went on the plan, followed it, added exercise to my daily routine and lost the weight. I have been off of the plan for two months and have kept the weight off. I believe I have learned to eat the right amount of portions as well as the right kinds of foods. I have found great support from the NutriSystem customer representatives and found encouragement as they cheered me on. Thank you for helping to jump start my weight loss. I feel like a new person.

I weighed 260lbs on March 11th. (first picture). I lost 20lbs in the first month and weighed 240lbs on April 11th. (double picture). I weighed in at 220lbs on May 11th (Third picture). I weighed in at 198lbs on July 11th (Fourth picture). My weight loss goal was to get to 200lbs. I think the discipline was the hardest part of the plan. And, once you realize that you aren't as much hungry as you are used to eating at set times each day you figure it out.

Hi James,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your story. We are so happy to hear how well you did on the program. Congrats on your weight loss and continued maintenance!

Here is a link to the online Success Stories section of the website. We would love to hear more about your journey and see some before/after pictures. Keep up the good work! https://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/success_stories/index.jsp?weightLoss=20

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 2, 2019

Overall the food was good. I really liked the breakfast items like the waffles, egg sandwich and chocolate muffins. I will continue to order those. I also like the lunch bars. Tasty and fulfilling. I only ended up ordering for dinner the meatloaf and hamburger sandwiches. Also the pizzas. The other foods did not look appetizing. The snacks were delicious and there is a lot of selections. The popcorn was so good and very sad to see it is not on the menu. I want to order more so I hope it comes back. Also the ice cream sandwiches, chocolate chip cookies, honey mustard pretzels and cheese puffs are also tasty. I will continue to order these items when they go on sale.

Regarding the shipping, the packaging is awful especially the frozen foods coming in that terrible Styrofoam. It is horribly messy when you open the box. There were always small pieces of Styrofoam sticking to the food and I pieces of grass or whatever it was but it was disgusting. As I would put the frozen foods in the freezer all this junk from the box was getting into the freezer. It was awful. Also there were several times that the waffles were crushed and had to ask for a new shipment. The frozen foods only last a short time before getting freezer burn. Very disappointing. The only food that lasts longer are the ones in the boxes.

The boxes that contain non frozen items are way too big. Those need to be downsized. It is a waste of cardboard and we have a lot to cut up for recycling. I recently ordered some snacks and the box was twice the size as it should have been. Please look into better options and downsizing the boxing for food. Again the Styrofoam boxes are terrible and messy. I will be also posting these comments on Facebook. Thank you.

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the program! We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the plan. Please keep us posted on your continued progress.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: April 2, 2020

I cancelled an order within an hour of placing it due to a state mandated shut down with Covid 19 I got confirmation that it was cancelled not to worry. Next morning got another email, "Your order has shipped!!" I had to call several #s to get a person. He was not helpful. Said nothing he could do. No supervisor since he was at home. No pick up label was sent. No refund to my card of 299.00. Sent several more emails. Still no answer except one say, "I see you already spoke to someone." Aghhhh such bad customer service!! Just want a refund and for them to arrange pickup. I cannot drive to a post office. It’s illegal. I will get fined. Terrible terrible company.

Hello Lori!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We want the chance to make right on the situation. To better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the name, email address, phone number on your account, and a brief description of the situtaion.

Hope to hear from you soon! - The Nutrisystem Consunmer Experience Team

Original review: April 2, 2020

I am writing you about my experience in hopes to improve your system of initial communication. I understand that not everyone may have had the same experience. When I signed up...paid with my credit card, I got no acknowledgement of my order. Yet it showed up as pending on my credit card then disappeared then showed up again. Perhaps that was due to my credit card, but between that and a lack of confirmation was confusing at the least. Five days went by before I heard trom Nutrisystem and when a order might come (up to 10 days more). In the meantime I had to buy more groceries. I would ask you to send a confirmation immediately of receiving the order.

Hello Julia!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. Once your order is placed, you will receive confirmation once the order ships. Our shipping time frame is 1-10 business days. If you have further questions regarding your account, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with your name, email address, and phone number on the account.

Have a great day! Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 30, 2020

Policy is deceiving. Wanted to try it out, my thought process was they would be an honest company. Subscribed for one month, so I thought. The food came in and honestly half of it was good but the other half (mostly dinners) are not. I get a notification from my bank they are billing me for a second box. I called in an attempt to stop the charges. One I didn’t do a auto refill. Two thanks to the coronavirus money is tight. After jumping through hoops to try and get a live human on the phone, I was told they are charging me 150 dollars for canceling. Granted I never signed up for auto refill. You would think a large company like Nutrisystem would not have to steal.

Hello Toni,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing our concerns to our attention. We want the chance to make right on the situation. So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. You can also reach us by phone at 1-800-585-5483. Please wait until all the options have been listed before pressing Option 1 first and then press option 8. We thank you for your feedback- The Nutrisystem Consunmer Experience Team

Original review: March 30, 2020

I have found the meals very nutritious and tasty. I am used to skipping meals and not getting the nutrition my doctor says I need. This makes it really easy to eat through the day, get the proper nutrition, and feel good. I just began a few weeks ago and have more energy and lost a few pounds. The people who serve customers are very knowledgable, patient and friendly. They helped me personalize my order and taught me how to use the Numi app to track what I am eating to stay balanced. I highly recommend them if you are someone (like me) who forgets to eat, or I believe would be satisfying for someone who may eat too much.

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our weight loss plan. We are so happy to hear that our plan is working for you. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. We are always here to help if anything should come up. You keep up the great work! - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: March 29, 2020

Thank you for responding to my email and shipping me the storage so quickly and adding the extra product. I have been very happy and feel better now that I am back on it again. I am now down 23 pounds and very happy.

Hi Sandy!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. Congratulations on your 23 pound weight loss. We are so happy to hear that the plan is working for you. It was and is our pleasure to help you. We are here if you need us but in the meantime we wish you all the best with your weight loss journey. - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Nutrisystem Company Information