Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.22/5
50% Off All Meal Plans + a Free Week of Shakes! *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

BOTTOM LINE

Nutrisystem delivers healthy meals with a detailed guide and diet plan to your door. Monthly plans don’t offer in-person support, but they do help dieters learn about balanced, portion-controlled eating habits.

PROS

• Meals shipped to your door
  • Vegetarian and diabetic options
  • Affordable

CONS

• No in-person support

Top Nutrisystem Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

I have been using Nutrisystem for almost a year and I am very pleased with the food and the results. My food always arrives fast and tastes amazing… Nutrisystem is flexible and offers me the convenience I need.

Just want to say thanks. I've sent several emails to counseling support in the few days that I've been on the plan and they are so helpful and encouraging... I like the emails as this way I can save for reference. Thanks Nutrisystem!

Nutrisystem Learn More

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

What is Nutrisystem?

Nutrisystem is a weight loss and nutrition company for people who want to manage their weight, eat healthily and create new diet habits. Nutrisystem offers monthly meal plans and à la carte items, and it sells products on the company's website and through authorized retailers and distributors.

Nutrisystem offers four primary plans — Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus — and has vegetarian and diabetic options available. Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include unlimited frozen meals and snacks, and flex meals allow customers the opportunity to cook balanced meals at home or eat at restaurants. Customers have the option of getting handpicked meals with the Chef’s Choice menu or individually picking their meals at sign-up. Nutrisystem sells plans directly on its website.

How does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem dieters eat every two to three hours, up to six times per day. A printed meal plan is included in the first shipment to make it easy for dieters to follow their Nutrisystem plan from the start. Depending on the plan, meal and snack items include options such as buttermilk waffles, mac and cheese, grilled chicken sandwiches and chocolate-covered pretzels.

Meal deliveries are made every four to 10 days. Frozen meals are shipped in frozen storage trucks and packed in dry ice that keeps them frozen for up to eight hours after delivery. One of the benefits of Nutrisystem is free order tracking, which makes it easy to manage and adjust your meals.

Nutrisystem plans

Nutrisystem Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus and Vegetarian plans can be customized for male or female dieters, and the company has diabetic options. Nutrisystem’s website lists a comprehensive nutritional breakdown of all menu items on each plan.

Nutrisystem Basic
Choose your meals or go with the Chef’s Choice, a preset menu of popular foods. A typical eating schedule on Nutrisystem includes three meals and three snacks per day and includes menu items like three-cheese chicken with steamed broccoli, apple cinnamon oatmeal and white cheddar popcorn. A four-week Basic plan with auto-delivery costs $294.99. Customers can add shakes for an additional $79.98.
  • Basic Diabetes: Nutrisystem created its Basic Diabetes plan to help customers manage their glucose levels while losing weight. The Basic Diabetes plan includes menu items such as blueberry muffins, chicken noodle soup and white chocolate chunk cookies.
Nutrisystem Core
Nutrisystem Core comes with more variety and food options than the Basic plan. The first week comes with specially selected meals to jump-start weight loss and ease dieters into the plan. The Core plan also includes unlimited online support from counselors and dietitians. A four-week Core plan with auto-delivery costs $319.99, and probiotic shakes can be added for an additional fee.
  • Core Diabetes: The Core Diabetes plan offers Chef’s Choice Pack and unlimited customer support. With portion control, customers can enjoy whole-grain crackers and cheese, cheese tortellini and Santa Fe-style chicken on Nutrisystem’s Core Diabetes plan.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours
Uniquely Yours is similar to the Core and Basic plans but comes with even more menu options. A typical Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours day might include a cranberry orange muffin, mixed nuts and a cup of coffee for breakfast, a hamburger and side salad for lunch, roasted turkey and green beans for dinner and snacks throughout the day. Not including shakes, four weeks of auto-delivery costs $359.99.
  • Uniquely Yours Diabetes: With even more menu options created for those with Type 2 diabetes, dieters can manage their blood glucose levels and eat healthy, balanced meals and snacks. On the Uniquely Yours Diabetes, customers have the bonus of receiving unlimited frozen meals and snacks. Favorite menu items include apple slices dipped in peanut butter, ice cream sandwiches and broccoli and cheese melt with sliced vegetables.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Plus
The Uniquely Yours Plus plan includes everything in the three previous plans and adds even more variety and high-protein shakes. On a typical day, you might have waffles and scrambled eggs with coffee for breakfast, a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad for lunch and a pizza with salad for dinner. Probiotic shakes, cheese puffs, popcorn and mixed nuts make for great snacks throughout the day, and you can even have a chocolate brownie sundae for an evening snack. At $399.99 per month with auto-delivery, it’s one of Nutrisystems best plans for those who crave variety.
Nutrisystem Vegetarian
Nutrisystem's vegetarian plan makes it easy for customers on plant-based diets to enjoy balanced and nutritional meals. Menu items include home-style pancakes and stuffed shells with sautéed spinach plus a variety of sweet and savory snacks. Four-week vegetarian plans with auto-delivery start at $359.99.

Compare Nutrisystem cost

Core$11.43
Uniquely Yours$12.86
Uniquely Yours Plus$14.29

Nutrisystem FAQ

How much weight can I lose on Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem results vary, but you can lose up to 13 to 15 pounds in the first month and one to two pounds per week after.
Can you drink alcohol on Nutrisystem?
Yes. Nutrisystem dieters can enjoy alcohol in moderation — stick to drier wines and light beer. Customers should avoid mixed cocktails and alcoholic beverages high in sugar or fat.
Do you have to exercise on Nutrisystem?
Yes. Nutrisystem is designed to help dieters create healthy lifestyle habits and encourages 150 minutes of moderately intense physical activity each week. Nutrisystem offers the My Daily 3 plan as part of the company’s eating schedule to help customers get 30 minutes of exercise every day.
Are Nutrisystem meals frozen?
Sometimes. Nutrisystem uses a soft canning process to keep meals fresh and ready to eat without freezing. Only Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans have frozen menu items.
Does Nutrisystem food have preservatives?
Most Nutrisystem meals don’t have preservatives, though some include BHT, potassium sorbate, calcium propionate and sodium benzoate. More than 120 Nutrisystem foods don’t contain preservatives.
Can Nutrisystem plans be gluten-free?
No, Nutrisystem does not currently offer a gluten-free plan.
Does Nutrisystem have a vegetarian plan?
Yes, Nutrisystem has a vegetarian plan.
Does Nutrisystem offer diabetic options?
Yes, Nutrisystem offers diabetic options.
Does Nutrisystem use artificial sweeteners?
Yes, some Nutrisystem foods contain artificial sweeteners, most commonly sucralose. Some offered meals also include sugar alcohols such as maltitol, sorbitol and isomalt.
Does Nutrisystem food have a lot of sodium?
Not a lot. Most Nutrisystem plans are below the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommended daily sodium intake of 2,300 milligrams or less.
What is the cost of Nutrisystem for one month?
The cost of Nutrisystem for one month ranges from $294.99 to $399.99 with auto-delivery.
What is Nutrisystem’s return policy?
Regular subscribers can request a return or refund within 30 days of their delivery. After 30 days, Nutrisystem provides a refund for unopened, non-frozen Nutrisystem foods. Customers can also request a full refund within 14 days of their first order, not including à la carte and weekly orders.

Does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem’s plans work for dieters who want to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise. You can choose from multiple plan options — Core and Basic plans are good for starting out, while the Uniquely Yours plans give dieters more variety and flexibility. All Nutrisystem plans deliver ready-to-go meals straight to your door to help manage short-term and long-term weight loss.

Nutrisystem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: May 22, 2020

My orders came missing items and I could not connect with online chat or phone so I sent email. Honestly I was a bit grumpy I'd been having a difficult day. My email was answered within hours and because of the difficulty contacting anyone Nutrisystem unexpectedly added extra items. What amazing customer service. I have not been losing fast and that is my fault because I was not eating enough and didn't believe counselor who said I should add more of recommended foods. Honestly, I was afraid to go out during the virus.

Finally in my PPE I bought vegs and fruit and cottage cheese. Immediately I started to lose again. The food surprised me that it was good and the food I did not like I could change before my next order. The virus and wanting to start my own construction business was the catalyst to get back in shape. You are all so kind and helpful. I tell everyone about the program. Unfortunately I stay home as much as possible so they haven't seen me yet but just wait. You all rock! I so believe in you and the program. Any chance of adding fish (salmon)? And thank you for going the extra step and changing my day from grumpy to fantastic.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It is greatly appreciated to hear positive feedback from our customers and help them continue their weight loss journeys. If you have further meal plan questions, you are able to chat in or email our counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com When sending an email , please remember to include a brief description, along with your name and phone number on your account.

Have a great day, Judy!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have lost 115 lbs and I honestly don't think I could have done it without Nutri-System. I'm a pretty picky eater and yet I managed to find plenty of tasty foods and snacks on the Uniquely Yours plan to keep me on track. The monthly challenges on Numi really keep me motivated because I want to win all the free things! I have had to contact customer services a few times along the way and have always been met with a friendly person who was able to answer my questions or resolve my shipping issue.

If I had to pick one criticism, it would be the excessive packaging and styrofoam use. I understand that shipping the frozen foods is a delicate issue and it's highly important that the foods arrive safely and still cold. It's just that the containers add up and it's hard to find a good way to recycle them. Although I've reached my goal weight (and changed from the UY plan to the Advantage a la Carte plan), I believe I'll continue to order my favorite foods. I can't live without the pizzas! When people ask how I did it, I'm always happy to answer "with NUTRI-SYSTEM"!!

Hello Bridgette!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Congratulations on your weight loss! We are pleased that you have had a successful journey with us. As you get closer to reaching your weight loss goal, feel free to view our Success: Transition Plans. If you have any further concerns, please reach out at 1-800-585-5483 option 2.

Have a great day! - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

To be completely honest I was very disappointed with the first weeks loss. It was only 1.2lbs but after 25 days I have lost over 8.5 lbs. I feel that this is the perfect rate of weight loss. I have tried many programs before: Weight Watchers, HCG, Beverly Hills Diet and Eating only once a day. This program is by far the easiest and most realistic one to follow. My only complaint is the repetitiveness of my food choices. I live in Canada and as a result my options are much more limited. I can't have any of the frozen foods and some of them look so delicious.

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much success you are having on the plan so far! We appreciate your feedback on the food choices for our Canadians clients and will be sure to pass on your concerns.

Please keep us posted on your continued success! Hope you have a happy and healthy new year.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Coming from a health nut like me you’d think I would stay on top of what I eat and how I train my body. But since college I found myself skyrocketing from 180 all the way to 250, nearing what the BMI Index told me to be morbidly obese. I was down, the big guy of the group and would always sit on the sidelines when my friends went out to play sports, or had to constantly take a seat while walking through a beautiful city night with my girlfriend. I was on a downward spiral, and then my own mother started ordering Nutrisystem. Originally it was for my step dad, but when I saw the results he achieved I thought why not?

Now here I am 85 pounds lighter, doing the things I love and feeling great. My confidence is up, my self esteem is up, and my overall lifestyle has drastically improved thanks to the amazing results Nutrisystem provides. From the bottom of my heart thank you, you truly gave an unhealthy guy like me a second chance at life, and I am forever grateful for that.

Shane,

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your success on the plan. We are so happy to hear how much your weight loss has changed your life. Keep up the great work!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I have had a great overall experience with Nutrisystem. I am doing two months of the Men's Uniquely Yours Plan for now and I am starting my second month. I lost 10 pounds total in the first month and kept it off. I will disclose that I am only needing to lose around 25/30 pounds to get to my normal body weight but unfortunately I have a thyroid issue which makes it difficult for me to lose weight and I gain weight very quickly.

The customer service has been great with resolving any issues. A lot of people seem to be confused about the plans, if you sign up with an offer you need to do two months so look at what the cost is going to be for the first and second month before you sign up. But the thing is that it is very easy to cancel after the two months and then just sign up again (maybe with an even better offer). So it's pretty flexible in that respect. The food is pretty good for diet food, the frozen items are better than the dried. I really like that they have a good amount of high protein items so you don't lose muscle while dieting. So I have no complaints and glad I lost the 10 pounds in my first month. If I can update this after my second month I will.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how pleased you are with the plan. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Hope you have a great day and congrats on your weight loss!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

My husband and I spoke with Alisa this morning. We both want to convey how comfortable she made us feel. Very informative and showed great empathy. Helped with written information by sending to our emails. Made us much more comfortable using the system and a feeling that we can do this. Five (5) Stars.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us with this glowing review of our Weight Loss Counselor. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. We passed this on to Alisa as well as her supervisor. We wish you both all the best as you both continue your weight loss journeys. Should you need us for anything you can reach us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com~ The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Ordered Premium Select Your Own Product on Two for One Plan - 09.13.20. Spent well over an hour making selections, even correcting items they slipped in. Gave all information for making the purchase. Did a review of the order, which bore no resemblance to my order. Rejected the order and canceled it - got web response that the order was canceled - 09.13.20. Wrote an email to customer service requesting verification order was canceled 09.13.20. Got a response from customer support that the order cancellation was verified 09.14.20. Saw on my bank statement that the order was still Pending 09.14.20. Got an email from Nutrisystem that my order was being processed - 09.15.20. Got an email from Nutrisystem that my order had been shipped 09.16.20.

Called Nutrisystem 09.16.20 and went over my order and was told that my Auto-delivery was canceled NOT the order itself - Reviewed the emails again and same response - that I would have to return ship the shelf food (but not the frozen food) and when they received it they would refund the money. Asked to speak to a manager and was told OK. After a couple of minutes I asked were they still there, she said she was waiting to hear back from her manager but had no idea how long that would take.

Called FedEx with the tracking number and asked that they stop the shipment whereever it is and Return to Sender 09.16.20. Sent a Recap email with all the supporting documentation and asked this be addressed up the chain of command 09.16.20. Received an email from Nutrisystem that due to high volume that they would respond when they could 09.16.20. Met with the bank and asked them to flag the submission 09.16.20.

Hello David,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about any confusion regarding the cancellation of your account. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find and review your account. Also, please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you, David.

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

When I ordered Nutrisystem they said you could lose 18 lbs in 2 months. I lost 9. The second month food was two weeks late so I had to try to figure out what I could eat in the meantime. The food they send you is awful. Every time I opened a package I wanted to throw up the smell was nauseating the portions were so small and yet loaded with calories you had to supplement with veggies and fruit which added more calories. After I received the 2 nd months food I had to make myself eat it. Their customer service was so bad when you called it took45 min to speak to an actual person who really didn’t help much. All in all I certainly would not recommend it to anyone. I’ve been on many diets and this is the worse one ever!

Hello Shirley,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We apologize to you for what you experienced with our diet and the service provided when you called us for assistance. So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please briefly describe the nature of your concern as you did here. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to assisting you and resolving this for you.-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Very disappointed with this system right now. Received frozen food today and it was all warm and thawed. My order took 5 days to be delivered. You would think paying all that money they would ship the frozen food overnight. Tried to call the call center but of course they are closed for the day and the online chat directed me to call the call center. What’s more annoying is after spending $350 on food I now need to go buy my own food that I’m sure they won’t replace the money for that because they took too long shipping my order and I have to wait until tomorrow to be on hold to talk to a love rep. My advise find another program. They do not have the support staff or call staff to help you when you need it.

Hello Matt:

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that your order arrived melted and about your experience in trying to reach up by phone. We want to help you resolve this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.Please include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.We will get this resolved for you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I had used Nutrisystem about 20 years ago with great success so thought I'd try it again. As before, I am highly pleased with the program and recommend it for weight loss. My loss has been slow but study but I feel that is the safe way and I love 98% of the meals I choose for myself. I will continue to use this system until I reach my goal of a 40 lbs weight loss. I am reading so many complaints about the service but I have never had a problem. My food comes frozen solid and on time and when I call Customer Service, I have never had a problem getting satisfactory answers to my questions. The food is very tasty and healthy!

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive view and and we're happy to hear that you enjoy our program. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your meal plan, please feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. We look forward to helping you!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team