Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you have had such good experiences with our Weight Loss Counselors. Please let us know anything that we can help with in the future. We hope you have a great weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Counseling Support - You guys are so quick in responding!!! I can't even begin to imagine how many people you deal with day-to-day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to respond so quickly. I really appreciate it.

Hello Dee,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We will be sure to pass your feedback to the correct parties. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. Have a wonderful week!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

A caring message received from the Counseling Team. Nutrisystem not only is here to help in making our lives better but they also truly care about our lives and what we are dealing with in everyday life. This was shown to me recently. I am very appreciative. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hello Susan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to get through to cancel your plan. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I wish to cancel my subscription but did not have time to wait on hold for 10 minutes (per the recording) to speak with a rep. Also, when I have called before to cancel, the rep talk me into continuing another month, or postponing my order "till after the holidays" (which I did in Dec). So I emailed my request to cancel, and the email reply said I needed to call the number that makes me wait 10+ minutes! Your program is fine and I enjoyed the food for the first couple months. But then I got kind of bored with pre-packaged food and prefer to make my own. I lost a few pounds the first month, but the food was so good, I found myself eating two snacks at once! My problem is my mindset, and NO program is going to work for me until I deal with the stress that is causing my comfort-feeding. So, PLEASE CANCEL my subscription without making me call in to accomplish that! If I MUST call in to cancel, that is the reason for my 3 stars rather than 4.

Hi Kaylee,

We are so very happy to hear about your positive experience and congratulations on your baby! Please keep checking in with Counseling to let us know how you are doing and best of luck.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I had emailed the counseling department regarding breastfeeding while on Nutrisystem. The member who responded to my email inquiry was very in-depth and informative. I appreciated the lengthy response versus a short response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for stopping by with your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you are doing well on the plan! We are very sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting information on your shipment. The Counselors will also be able to help with tracking your order or feel free to message us back with your account information to look into this for you. We wish you continued success, Michael!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Counselors are all great. I have been on program seven months and doing well. Lost 25lbs. Still waiting for my next shipment. Still hasn't been shipped. Out of food. Counselors are very helpful. Hard to talk to a real person when you have a problem with a shipment. All you get is a recording.

Hello Jean,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with the online challenge features. We would like to take a look into this further for you to see what we can do to help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Feel all challenge/contest should be set up to accommodate all customers. We all buy the product and work hard at losing weight and need the incentive. You are only targeting the group that have cell phones. No cell phone - no rewards.

Hello Lori,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave these kind words! We are very happy to hear you were pleased with our service, Lori.

Have a great weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I am a vegetarian and am not especially fond of chocolate, so I ordered my turbo take off and next 21 days of meals with customer service. She was amazing. I asked for email understanding and phone help when I move to day 8 thru 21 on smart carbs and powerfuels. Both the phone and email help was really appreciated.

I have tried this plan before, it really works. The only problem I have is the food has high sodium. I have a high blood pressure and take medication. If the chooses can have less sodium it would be great. Thank you.

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the help you needed in getting started. You should have received instructions with your shipment that we would be happy to have a Counselor review with you. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I have received the food but the directions for the program are difficult to obtain and understand. I see Turbo and Lean 13 and don't understand which is which. The website is all about sales not direction. Chat was less than helpful. I did not receive an accurate chart for the first week. I hope the diet works better than the support.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for sharing your feedback today regarding your experience on the program. We are very sorry to hear this. We will be looking into this further and will have someone reach out to you shortly.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I have called and waited on hold 4 for over 30 minutes at a time. EVERY time your sales rep comes on the line and tries to talk me into staying and when I finally get him to understand that I do not want to continue they are rude and transfer me to voicemail. I want to cancel plain and simple. If I do not get a response in the next 48 hours I will file for fraud with my bank, and file a claim with the BBB.

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the program. We appreciate you taking the time to post about your positive experience. Feel free to contact us again if you need anything and best of luck on the program!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I was very impressed and pleased with the young lady that helped me with my order for January 2017. I've experienced financial problems, and you were nice enough to give me $50.00 discount. She went through and helped me to get one week of the Turbo Trim program along with my regular order. She even emails me the choice of foods for the first week with the shakes & bars. The call was over 30 mins, and she was never in a hurry. Excellent employee. :-)

Hi Randall,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience on the program. Enjoy the new you!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

During 2016 I lost 50 pounds using Nutrisystem. My goal was to lose the weight by my 65th birthday. I started at 270 pounds and hit my goal of 220 in seven months, 7 weeks ahead of schedule. I tried a variety of the foods and settled on the frozen as my favorites. It was easy to stick with the plan because I enjoyed the food and I selected all my food at the beginning of each day. All I changed was the food I ate and the portions. I found the program affordable because it was near to what I was paying monthly for food already. I truly enjoy the "New Me."

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Nutrisystem so far, we appreciate it! We are happy to have you back on the program. Weight Loss Counselors are available seven days a week from 7 AM - 12 AM EST via chats, emails and the phone. Feel free to contact them as much as you'd like! They can be reached at 1-800-585-5483, option #2 or at consumerexperience@Nutrisystem.com. Have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Wow, Nutrisystem has changed in the last decade or two! I love the food, the Leaf is fun to read and has some tips I actually didn't know about, and I'm so happy with the help I got from Thomas when I called counseling to learn how to do my flex days! Now I just have one question: if I'm feeling like I might go on a midnight eating binge, is there anyone I can contact for a word of encouragement?

Hello Alissa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory service. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I called yesterday and asked for a call back, no one ever returned my call. I then emailed asking how I can cancel. I received an email back on how to DELAY it? That is not what I asked. Finally a 3rd time I got Rachel today who I would give five stars, but the hoops I had to go through I do not feel are good service up to getting a hold of her.

Hello Noreen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback. We try our best to keep the app organized and user-friendly, but we agree this idea is worth passing along. Let us know if you can share any other input about NuMi. We wish you the best!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Affairs Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I'm not sure if you are open to ideas from your subscribers/clients, but it would be extremely helpful if your IT programmers could somehow create a sorting tool so that users could click on a button or tool bar to automatically alphabetize the food items that they have created in their "customized" food listing. It is very cumbersome and time consuming to find specially created food items as the list grows larger when they cannot be sorted. Just a suggestion, but would appreciate your consideration for enhancing this feature. Thank you.

Hello Laura,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out with this wonderful progress! We are very happy for you and hope you continue to share your success. Let us know if you need any help with maintenance. We can are happy to continue helping.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

What an amazing program! I lost 30 pounds in three months and it was super easy. Nutrisystem taught me how to eat the right foods with the right portion size. It's been a year and a half and I've kept all the weight off. I have more energy than I ever imagined and I feel super happy and confident in my own skin. I was very skeptical when I first started the program, but I began using the Fast5 and lost 4.5 pounds of the very first week. That is what gave me the motivation to keep going, and after a month I lost a little over 10 pounds. I no longer cringe when walking past a mirror. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and diet on your own. Nutrisystem has its own team of nutritional experts that created a program to lose weight effectively. Thank you Nutrisystem for an amazing product that works the very first time.

Hello Olivia,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. We are sorry to hear our website is not clear to you, as we provide several ways of contacting us without the use of a phone. For example, you could contact a Weight Loss Counselor at counseling@nutrisystem.com. A representative will be contacting you shortly with more details.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Just wanted to say it's very annoying how there is only a number on the website for you to call and not an email address to converse over. I hate calling people and it's much easier for me to communicate via emails.

Hello Warren,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with your results and in discontinuing your program. We would like to take a look into this further for you to see if we can come up with a satisfactory resolution to your situation. We will be in contact with you shortly with further information.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I ordered the Uniquely Yours Plan and found the food to be overpriced and did not lose but a couple of pounds over a 27 day period. I got much better results by simply eating soup for lunch when not using the NutriSystem product. I received an email thanking me for my auto-delivery reorder. I immediately cancelled the order with much difficulty. I was told by phone after terrible effort to reach a live person that I would be charged $99 cancellation fee or I could order $99 worth of terrible food. What a ripoff. I have been unable to alert PayPal to prevent them allowing the charge for cancellation. Despite what some, probably NutriSystem employees, have said it does not show on the website when you go through the order process that a cancellation fee will be charged. I would recommend to anyone to not fool with this company. Deceptive and unethical business practices was what I experienced.

Hello Sharmica,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory service. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us, Shamica. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

Do not believe their claims of offering counseling for certain plans. I have the Uniquely Yours Plan and asked probably the most basic and common question about sugar cravings. Their reply was, "We don't sell anything for sugar cravings and eat the snacks we provide you timely." That was the end of the advice.

Hello Susan,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that the selection of our meals have not met your expectations. We certainly understand how important it can be to feel excited your menu on your plan, Susan. We want to do everything we can to provide you with a positive and memorable experience while on your weight loss journey. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

I am trying to be fair! The selections I received were disappointing. I got way too many bars. Bars for breakfast, bars for lunch. I don't like bars at all of any kind. The snacks are bars too. The dinners are better. How can I change this? I was never given an opportunity to pick what I wanted.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Christina,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your plan did not meet your expectations with the new configuration including the Flex Meals. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I have been a long time user of Nutrisystem and value the consistency of the diet especially being prediabetic. I need that consistency and in the past it has paid off with decreased cholesterol levels and blood sugar. I paid good money for it so I can eat the food "every day". I have had some life events that led me off the diet and I have recently in the last couple of months restarted, only to find that you have removed four of my lunches and dinner. I truly am disappointed and upset about this. I did not purchase this plan to have an option to cook on my own. Not until at least I've lost all my weight that is.

I did put a hold on my order for a month last month to look at other options but when my doctor said I medically need a diet that works I choose Nutrisystem. Again this month the price has not changed. I only got a small $30 coupon but that doesn't compensate for the fact that I have to come up with eight cooking meals when I do not have time and that is not the reason I purchased Nutrisystem. I don't feel it though that is a good change that you have made. I feel very ripped off.

I feel it is wrong to do that to your customers especially customers that have been Nutrisystem for a long time many years. I still want my eat meals and I should not have to purchase more food. I think that is wrong. I think you should significantly decrease the price by almost $100 a month but in reality it should not have happened At all. I am paying the same price for the eight meals I had before and I want those meals and not have to buy them again. That is so wrong. I know Nutrisystem works for me so that's what hurts the most and in the back of my mind I'm still considering other options at all times. I'm hoping that this can get some hell resolved within your company. This is a problem.

Hello Marsha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave these review! We're happy to be of assistance.

Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Have a Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I needed to delay my next automatic delivery because of impending surgery and rehab, and I just could not get to the appropriate screen. I emailed Nutrisystem and... Yeah, Yeah... they got the job done for me in just a few hours. Thank you so much for easing my mind.

Hello Karrie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are happy to hear you have been satisfied with our service so far.

Please be sure to contact our Counseling Team when you are ready to start and we would love to continue supporting you on your weight loss journey, Karrie.

Have a Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I have looked into Nutrisystem for a while now and recently decided it was time to take the plunge and get signed up. I called into customer service to find out more about the program. Spoke with John and was very satisfied with the level of customer service. He walked me through all of the programs until we found one that would be a right fit for me and even helped me customize all my meals. I am excited for what's to come with my weight loss journey through Nutrisystem. Thanks John!

Hello Kristen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your weight loss on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your results did not meet your expectations.

We would also like to sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding with the ordering of our plan on auto-delivery, Kristen. We want to do everything we can to meet your expectations for a positive experience. Please be assured that we are looking into this and will provide you with a response as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I eat healthy already so when I got NutriSystem to lose it did not work. I called to try to cancel after 30 days and they told me I would have a penalty fee if I canceled, said nothing about their "guarantee." Not until I saw their commercials later did I realize I had that card to play. If you are already eating clean only order if you need to gain 10. I feel cheated and completely disappointed, I know better... Why did I fall for this gimmick?

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Nutrisystem, we appreciate it! Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Thank you for asking me for my suggestions. Being on Nutrisystem made a difference in my life. One of your email I did respond to and wanted to come back to the program. Customer service did not know what I was talking about, took my phone # and said someone would call me back, no one called me back.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing us and providing us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience, and would like to take a look into this further for you. We will be in contact shortly.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I have used Nutrisystem before with great results and recommended it to my friends. This time I was doing very well but was going away for a short period of time. I did not want to reorder right away since delivery was a problem. I was told that I had signed up for auto delivery. In order to stop I had to pay $100 ridiculous!!! I cancelled, paid the $100 and you lost me as a customer!!! If you want to get me back you should refund my $100 and never charge that to me again. I have a few homes and travel quite a bit. Auto delivery is not something that works for me. I am very dissatisfied.

Hi Kimberly,

We are so happy to hear that you had the great experience you deserve! Thanks so much for stopping by to share and Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I emailed on 12/27 with a request to delay my shipment 2 weeks. While I attempted to stay on program fully the past 2 weeks, it was a challenge. I still have so much food and this gives me time to get BACK on program prior to next arrival. I hear back within a day, from the counseling team, who just went ahead and took care of my request and sent the email saying they did so. I appreciate the quick response AND willingness to help with my request. Happy holidays and a wonderful and blessed New Year to all!

Second time on Nutrisystem and it get better each time. Changed jobs and decrease in exercise and food consumption put an extra 5 inches and 25 LBs on me. Started up with delicious meals that didn't leave me starved and three weeks into it, I've lost 14 LBS and 3 inches off my waist. Feeling healthy again!

Hello Ivy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with discontinuing your program. We would like to take a look into this further for you to see if we can come up with a satisfactory resolution to your situation. We will be in contact with you shortly with further information.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I am new to Nutrisystem. Have been curious about this plan for years and finally took the plunge primarily due to the fact I need to lose weight before an important doctor's appointment in 3 months and also due to the sale they are having right now (I did save close to 200.00 for joining). The first shipment took me by surprise. It's a ton of food and I was thinking, "how am I gonna get through all this food?" But the food is surprisingly good and the snacks (which are plentiful) I do enjoy. Now the complaints. It's what they don't tell you. They don't tell you that your next shipment is an ADDITIONAL 300/bucks. I assumed since I only ordered and paid for one month. That one month was all I was going to get until I ordered more. NO. That is not how it worked. Now when I cancelled the next order, it cost me 99.00 TO CANCEL NEXT MONTH'S ORDER... 99.00 DOLLARS! I essentially paid 99.00 dollars for nothing, NOTHING.

Nutrisystem Company Profile