Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you have had such good experiences with our Weight Loss Counselors. Please let us know anything that we can help with in the future. We hope you have a great weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Counseling Support - You guys are so quick in responding!!! I can't even begin to imagine how many people you deal with day-to-day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to respond so quickly. I really appreciate it.

Hello Dee,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We will be sure to pass your feedback to the correct parties. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. Have a wonderful week!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

A caring message received from the Counseling Team. Nutrisystem not only is here to help in making our lives better but they also truly care about our lives and what we are dealing with in everyday life. This was shown to me recently. I am very appreciative. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hi Mike!

Thanks for posting about your success while on the program! We enjoy reading these stories. :-) We wish you the best of luck and continued success on and off the program!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 20, 2017

I have tried dieting and it seems like most every gimmick or version during my lifetime, and Folks, Nutrisystem WORKS. I lost 31 pounds in 79 days. From 216 to 185... Nutrisystem educated me on CALORIES, I have found food nutrition to be so confusing, all the different ingredients. With Nutrisystem they do all the work and research for you, you just adhere to their suggested food and GUARANTEED you will lose weight. I typically burn 2,500 calories a day and with Nutrisystem I have been taking in 1,000 to 1,500 calories a day... The pounds started dropping off me... I could not be more pleased, THANK YOU Nutrisystem.

Hi Stephen,

Welcome aboard! First off, we want to apologize there was an issue with your first order, however, we are thrilled to hear that we were able to help you resolve the issue! :-) We wish you the best of luck on the program.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 19, 2017

There was a problem with my first order from Nutrisystem, so I reported the issue via email. Received a response, apology, and remedy within 5 hours! Wow! Thanks, Beth **!!! P.S. So far, food tastes great--- really!

Hi Kaitlin,

Welcome to the program! We are happy to hear that our Weight Loss Counselor, Christina, was able to help get you started off on the right foot! We wish you the best of luck, and as you know, you are always welcome to give us a call whenever you need any questions answered.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 17, 2017

I needed help with figuring out the turbo system as a family member had put all the food away before I could get to it... Christina was very very helpful, and sent the contents immediately so I could get started right. I am very pleased!

Hi Lara,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry that you had to contact us with shipping issues but are happy to hear we were able to resolve this for you. We wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 14, 2017

Shipping issues haven't been pleasant, but your quick response to my email made it better, thank you. Too bad I had to email... Should have been able to get my order reprocessed without calling, updating and then emailing too. Almost a full week behind.

Hi Don!

Thanks for the kind words towards our Weight Loss Counselor, Bernadette! We are so happy to hear that she was able to help you out. We also want to apologize for the fact that you were missing something from your order. If this ever happens again, simply let us know! :-) We wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Original review: July 13, 2017

Berneditte was very helpful. I had not received my Men’s Daily Tracker and was just starting. As you can imagine it was very confusing without and she did an excellent job working with me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hello Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry that you were dissatisfied with the shipping charges associated with placing a la carte orders. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I won a 20% discount on snacks with the spin wheel. It said I would get the discount at check out. However I noticed before checking out that they were going to charge over $11 for shipping. The shipping charge is more than the discount.

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sad to hear this news! We certainly do not want our customers to feel that way. We will be assigning this to a member of the team and they will be reaching out soon.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Years ago when I used Nutrisystem, I received a lot of help and felt someone was available when I had questions. That seems to have changed. I can never get through to someone and that is frustrating. Thank you for your help but I won't be purchasing from you again or recommending you to my friends as I did previously.

Hi Virginia!

Thanks for writing these wonderful words! :-) We wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Original review: July 11, 2017

I have MS and have difficulty remembering and difficulty organizing information, consequently I have called you about 5 times in the last 2 days. Everyone I have spoken with has been very friendly, courteous and helpful. I have managed to write down the directions you have provided and feel much more confident in working on my diet. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Maryellen!

We are happy that we have the opportunity to help you maintain your 30lbs weight loss! Keep us posted on your progress. :-)

Original review: July 10, 2017

I have been with NS since May 2016. I have lost 30 lbs but am starting to creep up. I decided to go ala carte and the rep was agreeable to waive the shipping since my order consisted of frozen foods (over $50) and the remaining was non-frozen. I appreciate the little things that NS does for me. I have always had positive experiences with NS.

Hello Marika,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that the program is messing with your blood sugars. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I received my first box (food and advertising) on July 2nd. I had to call several time to get direction how to use it. Finally on the 5th of July I started, and discovered I was missing more information. (No list of Fruits, and Veggies) I could eat. Other Phone call, more Sales talk to buy other junk from you. I was able to start for good on the 7th. I was thinking to Quit because twice my blood sugar was so low I could not drive. Almost had an accident. I'm Diabetic, The last 3 days now that I'm following your DIET. MY Blood Sugar is always over 200. (FASTING) For me it is not normal, usually it is under 150 (FASTING). What next you suggest??? CC. To MARIE OSMOND, AND ALL THE LOCAL TV STATIONS THAT SHE IS ADVERTISING.

Hello Fred,

We are sorry to hear that you were not aware of the auto-delivery process. We will be assigning this to a member of the Consumer Experience team and they will be reaching out soon.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I object to using the term auto delivery. It is my opinion is that it should be called Auto Renewal. Auto renewal in my opinion should be not be legal. Companies are taking advantage of honest people to make money. Some things like medication make sense to be on auto refill. You advertise a 29 day plan for X dollars. Your plan does not make clear that if you suggest auto delivery it could double the customer cost. When I spoke to one of your reps, after I received a email basically saying that I had to make some product choices. This agent was very argumentative saying in the middle of some page the words "Auto delivery" was in bold.

He said if I cancelled I would have to pay the cancellation fee of $125. He did not care when I said I did not want the service. When I asked to speak to a manager I got the runaround. I called again later in the day and talked to a lady by the name of Danada I believe? I asked for her last name. She said for security reason she could not give me her last name. I don't know how Your company can hold people accountable if you allow them to hide behind secrecy. Thanks for the refund!

Hi Dave,

We are sorry that you felt we were selling you while trying to discontinue your program. We definitely don't want out customers to feel that way. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Have to call and beg to cancel. They just keep trying to sell and sell and sell. Should let you cancel with manage your account. They won't because they want the opportunity to sell and sell and sell again.

Hi Debbie,

We are sorry to hear that there was an issue with double billing. We will be investigating this and reaching out to you soon.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Due to a mix up with the auto delivery dates, I was double billed and sent 2 shipments. I am now in the red. I didn't have enough money to cover 2 shipments!! Tried to remedy problem but to no avail. Poor customer service for the very first time.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear about your difficulty with adding items on NuMi. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 6, 2017

Please add the ability to add non-nutrisystem food for Bar Codes. I scan an item and it says it can't find it, and asks if I want to add it. I spent out 5 minutes adding all the nutritional details and click save. So, one assumes it saves it. But when I scan the same item again, it says it can't find it.

Hello Lawrence!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry that you found the document we sent irrelevant. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 5, 2017

Last Friday I received an email from Nutrisystem saying it is time to order next months menu. In order to select my menu I need list to select from. I have called numerous times this morning to get the list. One of your dumb ** operators sent me the ala carte menu. Now please tell me how I am supposed to make a selection if you don't give me a list to select from. This afternoon I will be busy and not able to deal with your incompetent operators/system. And if I don't make my selection by 6:00 p.m. you will just send me any old stuff. But if I haven't made a selection by 5:30 p.m. I will cancel any new orders with you and your system. Have a nice day. P.S. I gave you one star because the system won't send my message if I give Zero stars...

Hi Allan!

Thanks for the kind words! We see you gave us a 4-star rating. Feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com to let us know if there is anything we can improve upon to earn a 5-star rating! :-) Any and all feedback is welcome. We wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey, Allan.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Fantastic customer service--very speedy, polite, and informative. Way to go!

Hi Kelly!

We are sorry that you had an issue that caused you to contact us but are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations on all occasions! Keep up the awesome work on the program!

Original review: July 4, 2017

I have contacted customer service 3 times in the last 2 months with various questions and each time, customer service has exceeded my expectations. I have been very pleased with the timely response and the outcome! I've been recommending Nutrisystem to everyone because it works and any questions are answered! Thank you!

Hello Robert,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the auto-delivery program. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I have been very satisfied with the Nutrisystem products. I lost the weight I was hoping to lose and I love the taste and the products. However, I have been VERY dissatisfied with your consumer shipping and how you deal with us. I thought I signed up for a 2-month program. I quickly found out it's a lifetime program unless you cancel. I wanted to order ala-carte after 2 months. Again, unless you sign up for the $99.00 yearly program you get raked over the coals with product costs and shipping. I signed up. No big deal. Again, after my first ala-carte order you put me on auto ship. I called in and asked them to STOP auto ship. I remembered the guy on the phone saying, "NO Problem, done." No more auto ship. The other day a package showed up on my doorstep. How do I pay for it? Oh crap! I forgot. You have my PayPal account and you automatically took the money out of my account without my OK. Love the product! Hate the way you do business!

Hello Neil,

We are sad to hear that you had a poor experience while ordering. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon!

Original review: July 3, 2017

It's really frustrating that despite the fact that your program is so good, the ordering experience is lousy. First, you sent an order that I didn't order, and then when I finally tried to come back and send a new order, it had me locked into some sort of quick-start program that I didn't need, because I'd already started. I called customer service, was told it was straightened out, and found out it wasn't. I had to email customer service, and it took three days for a response! So I'm told again that everything on the website for my account is fixed, and I can go ahead and place a full four-week order. If I get online and it's still screwed up, I'm all done with Nutrisystem.

Hi Toni!

We are sorry to hear that your foods arrived melted but are thrilled to hear we were able to help you out with this! Let us know how you are doing on your weight loss journey! :-)

Original review: July 3, 2017

I had let Nutrisystem know that my products came to my house melted from FedEx, which that is whom I blame not Nutrisystem. But Nutrisystem made good on the products and I thank you very much for your great customer service.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sad to hear about your experience in an attempt to get answers. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 2, 2017

I was considering your program. I want to know the cost of the second shipment - a simple question. Yesterday I waited for "chat now" until after 8:15, (starts at 8), and still no one was there. I sent an e-mail (as it instructs) with the same simple question. The first e-mail reply from you was "Sorry, we're very busy right now", and the second e-mail was "Call our 800 number and speak to a representative". Now there are 2 more e-mails reminding me that I never checked out my cart and trying to sell me the program. (I don't think so...)

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 67 and have experienced lactose intolerance for the past several years. The digestive distress caused by eating dairy products can be embarrassing and extremely uncomfortable. Nutrisystem's non-dairy options are very limited, and I found myself selecting the same handful of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks with each order. If I chose foods with a dairy component, I had to take ** to avoid digestive distress. While some of the foods are very good, there simply isn't enough variety to sustain long term use.

I lost weight and hope to continue the good habits I established while on Nutrisystem. The program is easy to follow, and food delivery/packaging is convenient and efficient. I submitted several positive reviews on some of the foods that were favorites. I would recommend Nutrisystem to others with the caveat that the menu is quite limited for people with lactose intolerance.

Hello Toni,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry that you found the foods too high in sodium. We will be having a representative reach out to you shortly.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 1, 2017

I need to lose weight on a program that provides pre-made entrees. I've gained weight over the years cooking for others and have lost my sense of correct portion sizes. Your program seems perfect for me however, I was disappointed to see entrees with such high sodium content. I'm not on a sodium restricted diet but have never needed extra salt but I do not buy soups and packaged meals that contain high levels of salt. There's 500 - 600 mg of sodium in your little lunch soups and the same in all the other entrees. In addition, they have Disodium Inosinate - a flavor enhancer more powerful than MSG, that keeps me awake at night.

Hello Kendra

We are sorry to hear that you were unaware of the cancellation fee upon discontinuing your program. We will be looking into your account and getting in touch soon.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I called today to cancel my subscription and was informed of the cancellation fee. That fine print information supposedly made clear to new subscribers. Typically anyone looking for a diet is feeling gullible and eager for a change, so these "contract fees" don't stand out. I wish I'd researched other customer complaints before ordering. The agent I spoke with on the phone told me there were no other agents around in order for my call to be escalated. Very poor ethics in supporting customer satisfaction. I ended the call out of frustration. Where's the "I'm sorry the program didn't work for you?" And end it there? Charging back the initial discount? Really? It's not a discount. It's a gimmick spread over two months minimum, guaranteeing Nutrisystem at least $600 per customer. Will NOT recommend this program to any of my teacher coworkers. What a shame.

Hello Martha,

We are sad to hear that you did not experience the results you were hoping for. We will be reaching out soon!

Original review: June 29, 2017

I am so sorry to report that the program did not work for me. I lost some with the first drink and bar but after that, no loss. I was on it for four months and thought I at least should have lost more so I canceled it. SORRY.

Hello Judy!

Thanks for the positive words! We wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey. Keep us posted! :-)

Original review: June 28, 2017

Great program for weight loss. The counselors are always ready to assist, either by CHAT, email or phone. It is very easy to change an order to suit your own food preferences. Thanks for helping me achieve my goals.

Hi Kevin,

We are sad to hear about your experience with discontinuing your program. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I subscribed for one month, lost about 7 lbs but didn't feel that paying more than $470 for processed foods was worth it, so I canceled prior to my 2nd shipment going out. Two days after my cancellation confirmation, I was charged for another months of food and received notification that it had shipped. I called to get this rectified and was told that I had to pay $120 to cancel, which I was not happy with but agreed to. The rep told me that the food was already shipped so they could not refund my money. I explained that I canceled two days prior to the order shipping so I should not be responsible for their error. I got nowhere so I went to my bank to file a dispute. The dry food was rerouted back to their warehouse but the frozen food arrived. I was refunded about half of the $470, for the frozen food I assume, plus charged the $120. All in all, it cost me $400 to cancel this subscription even though I canceled prior to the shipment going out.

I was happy with the program but thought I could do better with better quality food on my own after learning how their program worked. After this debacle however, I will not recommend Nutrsystem. Poor Customer Service and criminal in the way they steal your money without authorization. Cancellation confirmation number ** on 5-29-17. Shipment shipped 5-31, for order **, tracking number ** and 6-1, tracking number **.

Hi Linds,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you did not experience the results you were hoping for. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I followed the plan and did not cheat. I am an active 74 year old and asked the adviser if age would be a problem. He told me it might be slower but would work. I have been on this program for 11 days and lost 1 lb. I consider this very disappointing after giving up bread, sweets, alcohol, and my favorite foods.

Hi Elizabeth!

WOW! These are wonderful words for our Weight Loss Counselors, Niesha! :-) We will make sure her supervisor is aware of this! We wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey. Please do not hesitate to contact is with any further questions.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 27, 2017

Hello Nutrisystem Counseling Support Dept., I, literally, just got off the telephone with Niesha in Counseling Support and was absolutely going to give her “flying colors” in the Survey at the end of our phone call. HOWEVER, I am so used to just pushing the “off” button that I hung up and totally missed the Telephone Survey. I am SO SORRY because I really, really want to give Niesha “flying colors”, “Niesha Rocks!” and “Niesha is wonderful on the phone – very personable and easy to talk with – she was able to understand my questions and was really awesome!” That’s it! I simply wanted to participate in a Survey of some kind regarding my phone call with Niesha since I hung up too quickly to participate in the Telephone Survey. Thank you so very much for passing my thanks along to Niesha PLUS I want Management to know about my thanks, as well.

Hello Sandra,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time on the program but did not like how the program is advertised. We will be assigning this to a member of the Consumer Experience team and they will be reaching out soon.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 26, 2017

I was very satisfied with the food and plan that Nutrisystem provides. I lost my goal amount in the time they specified. However, I did not like the fact that Nutrisystem gives the impression on their "4 Week" Plan in bold Advertisement, but in the very fine print, it is a 2 month commitment, costing me two times the amount that I had Saved and Planned for. I think they should place In BOLD print the Exact time and money frame that the plan will cost you. It took me a long time to save up and commit to Nutrisystem, only to have to be surprised and burdened with cost I did not plan for. READ THE FINE LINES for the financial commitment.

Nutrisystem Company Profile