Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

BOTTOM LINE

Nutrisystem delivers healthy meals with a detailed guide and diet plan to your door. Monthly plans don’t offer in-person support, but they do help dieters learn about balanced, portion-controlled eating habits.

PROS

• Meals shipped to your door
  • Vegetarian and diabetic options
  • Affordable

CONS

• No in-person support

Top Nutrisystem Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

I have been using Nutrisystem for almost a year and I am very pleased with the food and the results. My food always arrives fast and tastes amazing… Nutrisystem is flexible and offers me the convenience I need.

Just want to say thanks. I've sent several emails to counseling support in the few days that I've been on the plan and they are so helpful and encouraging... I like the emails as this way I can save for reference. Thanks Nutrisystem!

Nutrisystem Learn More

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

What is Nutrisystem?

Nutrisystem is a weight loss and nutrition company for people who want to manage their weight, eat healthily and create new diet habits. Nutrisystem offers monthly meal plans and à la carte items, and it sells products on the company's website and through authorized retailers and distributors.

Nutrisystem offers four primary plans — Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus — and has vegetarian and diabetic options available. Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include unlimited frozen meals and snacks, and flex meals allow customers the opportunity to cook balanced meals at home or eat at restaurants. Customers have the option of getting handpicked meals with the Chef’s Choice menu or individually picking their meals at sign-up. Nutrisystem sells plans directly on its website.

How does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem dieters eat every two to three hours, up to six times per day. A printed meal plan is included in the first shipment to make it easy for dieters to follow their Nutrisystem plan from the start. Depending on the plan, meal and snack items include options such as buttermilk waffles, mac and cheese, grilled chicken sandwiches and chocolate-covered pretzels.

Meal deliveries are made every four to 10 days. Frozen meals are shipped in frozen storage trucks and packed in dry ice that keeps them frozen for up to eight hours after delivery. One of the benefits of Nutrisystem is free order tracking, which makes it easy to manage and adjust your meals.

Nutrisystem plans

Nutrisystem Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus and Vegetarian plans can be customized for male or female dieters, and the company has diabetic options. Nutrisystem’s website lists a comprehensive nutritional breakdown of all menu items on each plan.

Nutrisystem Basic
Choose your meals or go with the Chef’s Choice, a preset menu of popular foods. A typical eating schedule on Nutrisystem includes three meals and three snacks per day and includes menu items like three-cheese chicken with steamed broccoli, apple cinnamon oatmeal and white cheddar popcorn. A four-week Basic plan with auto-delivery costs $294.99. Customers can add shakes for an additional $79.98.
  • Basic Diabetes: Nutrisystem created its Basic Diabetes plan to help customers manage their glucose levels while losing weight. The Basic Diabetes plan includes menu items such as blueberry muffins, chicken noodle soup and white chocolate chunk cookies.
Nutrisystem Core
Nutrisystem Core comes with more variety and food options than the Basic plan. The first week comes with specially selected meals to jump-start weight loss and ease dieters into the plan. The Core plan also includes unlimited online support from counselors and dietitians. A four-week Core plan with auto-delivery costs $319.99, and probiotic shakes can be added for an additional fee.
  • Core Diabetes: The Core Diabetes plan offers Chef’s Choice Pack and unlimited customer support. With portion control, customers can enjoy whole-grain crackers and cheese, cheese tortellini and Santa Fe-style chicken on Nutrisystem’s Core Diabetes plan.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours
Uniquely Yours is similar to the Core and Basic plans but comes with even more menu options. A typical Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours day might include a cranberry orange muffin, mixed nuts and a cup of coffee for breakfast, a hamburger and side salad for lunch, roasted turkey and green beans for dinner and snacks throughout the day. Not including shakes, four weeks of auto-delivery costs $359.99.
  • Uniquely Yours Diabetes: With even more menu options created for those with Type 2 diabetes, dieters can manage their blood glucose levels and eat healthy, balanced meals and snacks. On the Uniquely Yours Diabetes, customers have the bonus of receiving unlimited frozen meals and snacks. Favorite menu items include apple slices dipped in peanut butter, ice cream sandwiches and broccoli and cheese melt with sliced vegetables.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Plus
The Uniquely Yours Plus plan includes everything in the three previous plans and adds even more variety and high-protein shakes. On a typical day, you might have waffles and scrambled eggs with coffee for breakfast, a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad for lunch and a pizza with salad for dinner. Probiotic shakes, cheese puffs, popcorn and mixed nuts make for great snacks throughout the day, and you can even have a chocolate brownie sundae for an evening snack. At $399.99 per month with auto-delivery, it’s one of Nutrisystems best plans for those who crave variety.
Nutrisystem Vegetarian
Nutrisystem's vegetarian plan makes it easy for customers on plant-based diets to enjoy balanced and nutritional meals. Menu items include home-style pancakes and stuffed shells with sautéed spinach plus a variety of sweet and savory snacks. Four-week vegetarian plans with auto-delivery start at $359.99.

Compare Nutrisystem cost

Core$11.43
Uniquely Yours$12.86
Uniquely Yours Plus$14.29

Nutrisystem FAQ

How much weight can I lose on Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem results vary, but you can lose up to 13 to 15 pounds in the first month and one to two pounds per week after.
Can you drink alcohol on Nutrisystem?
Yes. Nutrisystem dieters can enjoy alcohol in moderation — stick to drier wines and light beer. Customers should avoid mixed cocktails and alcoholic beverages high in sugar or fat.
Do you have to exercise on Nutrisystem?
Yes. Nutrisystem is designed to help dieters create healthy lifestyle habits and encourages 150 minutes of moderately intense physical activity each week. Nutrisystem offers the My Daily 3 plan as part of the company’s eating schedule to help customers get 30 minutes of exercise every day.
Are Nutrisystem meals frozen?
Sometimes. Nutrisystem uses a soft canning process to keep meals fresh and ready to eat without freezing. Only Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans have frozen menu items.
Does Nutrisystem food have preservatives?
Most Nutrisystem meals don’t have preservatives, though some include BHT, potassium sorbate, calcium propionate and sodium benzoate. More than 120 Nutrisystem foods don’t contain preservatives.
Can Nutrisystem plans be gluten-free?
No, Nutrisystem does not currently offer a gluten-free plan.
Does Nutrisystem have a vegetarian plan?
Yes, Nutrisystem has a vegetarian plan.
Does Nutrisystem offer diabetic options?
Yes, Nutrisystem offers diabetic options.
Does Nutrisystem use artificial sweeteners?
Yes, some Nutrisystem foods contain artificial sweeteners, most commonly sucralose. Some offered meals also include sugar alcohols such as maltitol, sorbitol and isomalt.
Does Nutrisystem food have a lot of sodium?
Not a lot. Most Nutrisystem plans are below the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommended daily sodium intake of 2,300 milligrams or less.
What is the cost of Nutrisystem for one month?
The cost of Nutrisystem for one month ranges from $294.99 to $399.99 with auto-delivery.
What is Nutrisystem’s return policy?
Regular subscribers can request a return or refund within 30 days of their delivery. After 30 days, Nutrisystem provides a refund for unopened, non-frozen Nutrisystem foods. Customers can also request a full refund within 14 days of their first order, not including à la carte and weekly orders.

Does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem’s plans work for dieters who want to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise. You can choose from multiple plan options — Core and Basic plans are good for starting out, while the Uniquely Yours plans give dieters more variety and flexibility. All Nutrisystem plans deliver ready-to-go meals straight to your door to help manage short-term and long-term weight loss.

Nutrisystem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Lost ten pounds the first week, 10 pounds over the next 3 weeks and then got stuck halfway to my goal weight. Once I figured out which food I liked, I was able to eat more of what I liked the second month. It's super convenient to have all the meals ready to heat up and eat, the orders were very close to being right every time. I almost didn't my frozen order in time the second month. The system of tracking food and activity is well laid out and easy to understand, as was the whole program. I had a hard time eating all the extra PFs, SCs and Veggies and contacted a counselor. =-( All she said was to cut a morning protein shake in half, it was too many calories, and eat the smaller portions of SCs and PFs... I already couldn't fit all the food in my day and she told me to space out my meals. Mixed feelings about the program. I'd say it's worth a try.

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your review. If you still need help with your meal plan and progress on the plan, please email us at counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com or you can reach a Weight Loss Counselor at 1-800-585-5483, option 2, or through our Live Chat service at www.nutrisystem.com. We are here for you! Have a great day and thanks for choosing Nutrisystem!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I had used Nutrisystem about 20 years ago with great success so thought I'd try it again. As before, I am highly pleased with the program and recommend it for weight loss. My loss has been slow but study but I feel that is the safe way and I love 98% of the meals I choose for myself. I will continue to use this system until I reach my goal of a 40 lbs weight loss. I am reading so many complaints about the service but I have never had a problem. My food comes frozen solid and on time and when I call Customer Service, I have never had a problem getting satisfactory answers to my questions. The food is very tasty and healthy!

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive view and and we're happy to hear that you enjoy our program. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your meal plan, please feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. We look forward to helping you!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2020

My orders came missing items and I could not connect with online chat or phone so I sent email. Honestly I was a bit grumpy I'd been having a difficult day. My email was answered within hours and because of the difficulty contacting anyone Nutrisystem unexpectedly added extra items. What amazing customer service. I have not been losing fast and that is my fault because I was not eating enough and didn't believe counselor who said I should add more of recommended foods. Honestly, I was afraid to go out during the virus.

Finally in my PPE I bought vegs and fruit and cottage cheese. Immediately I started to lose again. The food surprised me that it was good and the food I did not like I could change before my next order. The virus and wanting to start my own construction business was the catalyst to get back in shape. You are all so kind and helpful. I tell everyone about the program. Unfortunately I stay home as much as possible so they haven't seen me yet but just wait. You all rock! I so believe in you and the program. Any chance of adding fish (salmon)? And thank you for going the extra step and changing my day from grumpy to fantastic.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It is greatly appreciated to hear positive feedback from our customers and help them continue their weight loss journeys. If you have further meal plan questions, you are able to chat in or email our counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com When sending an email , please remember to include a brief description, along with your name and phone number on your account.

Have a great day, Judy!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have lost 115 lbs and I honestly don't think I could have done it without Nutri-System. I'm a pretty picky eater and yet I managed to find plenty of tasty foods and snacks on the Uniquely Yours plan to keep me on track. The monthly challenges on Numi really keep me motivated because I want to win all the free things! I have had to contact customer services a few times along the way and have always been met with a friendly person who was able to answer my questions or resolve my shipping issue.

If I had to pick one criticism, it would be the excessive packaging and styrofoam use. I understand that shipping the frozen foods is a delicate issue and it's highly important that the foods arrive safely and still cold. It's just that the containers add up and it's hard to find a good way to recycle them. Although I've reached my goal weight (and changed from the UY plan to the Advantage a la Carte plan), I believe I'll continue to order my favorite foods. I can't live without the pizzas! When people ask how I did it, I'm always happy to answer "with NUTRI-SYSTEM"!!

Hello Bridgette!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Congratulations on your weight loss! We are pleased that you have had a successful journey with us. As you get closer to reaching your weight loss goal, feel free to view our Success: Transition Plans. If you have any further concerns, please reach out at 1-800-585-5483 option 2.

Have a great day! - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

It has been 2 weeks and I like it. Some other reviews say you have to buy other groceries, of course you do. They can't ship you milk or fresh fruit or vegetables. But it's not much at all, it's just necessary add-ons for complete nutrition. I love the NuMi app, it helps track things so easily! I eat something pretty much every 2-3 hours and I haven't been hungry at all. The program helps me get my 4 vegetable servings in every day--I know I am eating better and drinking more water. The app syncs with my FitBit, too! I'm excited to keep going because I think I'm headed to a fabulous destination and look forward to seeing this through to my goals. The only reason I subtracted a star is because some of my shipment came with torn food wrappers and I hope that food isn't bad! We'll see...

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the plan and thank you for sharing your experience with us, so happy to hear that you are enjoying the plan.

We love seeing that you are utilizing the app and tracking your food and activity, that can be so important in staying on track!

We are happy to replace damaged items, so feel free to give us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and we would be happy to help!

We look forward to seeing your progress, Linda!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Going to the web-site I could not find any way to cancel my subscription. This was very frustrating. I sent an e-mail and rec'd a reply that failed to confirm whether my subscription has been canceled or not. I can no longer afford this program and need to cancel. It should not be so difficult to get a confirmation of my cancelation. I will refuse any future deliveries and complain to my State Attorney General's office if this is not cleared up.

Hello Joanne

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with trying to cancel. We do require verbal confirmation to cancel the account. Please try calling 1-800-585-5483, option 1. You can also reach us at 1-855-496-7705 or 1-866-223-5038. If you are still having trouble cancelling, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the full name and phone number on your account. We look forward to helping!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

No matter who you talk with, they continue to ship food. My freezer is full of my daughter's food and it just keeps coming. How much food do they expect one person to eat?!!! We called and asked it to stop, just keeps coming. Read the reviews. This is their system to get rid of their stock. Also continue to charge for it.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience! If you need to delay the next order, you may do so by logging into the account, click on My Account, then Edit Next Order and then Delay My Order. If you are looking to discontinue the plan altogether, you will need to call in at 1-800-585-5483 and get a confirmation number after you cancel. If you have other questions, email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I received two garlic cheese flatbreads that were completely moldy. I received a letter acknowledging the fact and want to send me two to replace the moldy ones. I would like two more of the same kind. Just not moldy.

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your message. We are so sorry to hear about these moldy items. We take the quality of our entrees very seriously and we want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name and phone number on your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and to helping.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I received my first box of goodies but did not find the 7 free shakes that came with the box. I emailed support and got a reply a few days later from Allison apologizing for my missing shakes. She immediately placed an order for me and my free shakes are making their way to me. I am very happy with the quick reply back.

Hi Sylvia!

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your issued was resolved in a timely manner! If you need help with anything else, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com or call us at 1-800-585-5483, option 1. We are here to help! Have a great day!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I was not aware my program did not include frozen food. I can't believe it cost me $352.76 for just what I received. I will no longer order from you. I picked ut frozen food when I ordered!!!! I was a member earlier in the year and received frozen food and I paid just as much back then for everything.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that your order was not how you wanted it. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Nutrisystem Company Information