Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 3 stars14
  • 2 stars7
  • 1 stars12

www.nutrisystem.com

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works.

For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life.

With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hi Kimberly,

We are delighted to read your feedback about Nutrisystem! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to please! Have a great day.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 7, 2016

I am on Uniquely Yours since 1/16. I LOVE IT!!! I have lost 60 lbs as of 7/6/16 and look forward to losing more. The food is great, portions are satisfying & this program I feel is better than Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig which I have done both.

Hello Judith,

Thank you for your review of our program! We are thrilled to hear that you have had success on our plan, not once, but twice! We wish you the best luck moving forward on your weight loss journey. If there is anything we can do to assist you, just let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 9, 2016

I have used Nutrisystem twice with excellent results. I like that I do not have to weigh food or count calories. I would highly recommend their program to anyone in need of weight loss!

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to see you are bummed about the Nutribears. A member of our team will be reaching out to you shortly to see if there is any way of helping out. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we hope everything is going great for you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I was disappointed to learn that I cannot receive bears. I receive my auto ship thru QVC but enhance that with Ala Carte Frozen orders. It is a real bummer that we as QVC's customers as well cannot participate in the rewards.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and share your experience trying one of our 5 Day Walmart kits. We're sorry to hear that a few of our Nutrisystem Snacks appeared empty! We share your concern and will be in contact with you soon to address this Quality Assurance issue. We appreciate your patience and cooperation, Sandra.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I purchase my Nutrisystem boxes on a weekly basis for myself and my husband at my local Walmart. This week we are using the Jumpstart Box. I have tried a different box every week and really like these products. They taste good and are very easy to use for weight loss. I have used 2 days of product from my Jumpstart box and notice that one of the Chocolate sandwich cookies "packaging" is sealed with nothing inside the wrapper. I attempted to take it back to Walmart and they were not able to replace the missing item due to the box being partially eaten. I then called customer service at Nutrisystem and was told that they could not help me due to the Nutrisystem product being purchased at Walmart.

I want to know what I need to do to get this product replaced and will be glad to mail the sealed wrapped for the Chocolate Sandwich Cookies to you as proof of what happened. I am upset that Nutrisystem would not replace their missing item and that Walmart was unable to do so either. Please advise on what can be done about this issue...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hi Zona,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this positive feedback, we really appreciate it! We are happy that you were able to have all of your questions answered and hope you have a great day!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Matthew was very helpful with my questions. Thanks Nutrisystem.

Hello Youngmi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory service regarding your pricing. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Signed up on 7/27 by a sales call from Nutrisystem. She explained that if I sign up she will give $50 off from first month at total cost of $245 and second month will be same price. I reiterated that if I sign up I will get the same discount on second month as well. She said "yes". After I agreed is when she mentioned about cancellation fee of $99 if I cancel after first month. After about three two weeks on the plan I did lose about 5 pounds. The food that was auto-filled was filled with meal bars. Some are chocolate covered which I did not try as I am not crazy about chocolate.

When it was time to order second month I noticed that price was $20 more than what I was quoted by the saleslady. I chatted online with one of their representative and he explained about promotions and that's why it is higher on the second month. It is not the amount but the business principle. It's as though they will say anything to get the sale and if the consumer cancels, they still get cancellation fee. I'm disappointed and discouraged to promote Nutrisystem to my anyone.

Hello Noreen,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out with your positive experience. We are happy to read that you reached your goals while also feeling satisfied. To continue sharing your story, we recommend visiting the Success Stories feature of our website linked (http://goo.gl/PRa3). Be sure to click on SHARE YOUR STORY and follow the instructions provided. We wish you the best of luck moving forward, Noreen.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I lost 50 pounds, and it was the simple and I very seldom felt deprived. I am a walking advertisement.

Hello Ann,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory service when attempting to attain information regarding the sodium content on the plan. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I inquired about the sodium content of your food items. I am on a restricted sodium diet (for kidney health). Megan ** replied w/ limited info & a link to get more info. The link failed to provide the info I need before further considering an order of Nutrisystem products. Megan also suggested that I check w/ my doctor before going on any diet. This is something I intend to do but the sodium level is of concern & I need to have it in order for my doctor or me to make an informed decision. I replied to Megan ** expressing my need for the detailed sodium count in your products before ordering any products.

I just now sent it & will allow sufficient time for the response that is needed before going further w/ the Nutrisystem program. I have been on a sodium restricted diet for many years (30+) & am familiar w/ ways to decrease sodium intake while still eating satisfying meals. The price is high, compared to home preparation but I need a system that I can manage & still stay w/in my restricted sodium limits. If Nutrisystem fits my need, I can possibly take the next step!

UPDATED ON 08/23/2016: I was still waiting for the answer to a question (asked 3 times) & informed them (ConsumerAffairs) that I could not/would not order before my question was answered. How could I be a "verified buyer" when I had not yet received the information needed to consult w/ my doctor? Makes me wonder what else is misrepresented by this company? And then I read of the $99 cancellation fee which apparently came as a surprise to several other "verified buyers"! I'm still waiting for a response to an additional question... I doubt I will ever be a "verified buyer." I'm so disappointed. I thought/hoped that Nutrisystem might be the answer to my hope of losing weight, despite being partially paralyzed & confined to a wheelchair. I have a ZERO TOLERANCE of being "used" to mislead naive folks for the profit of others. I take pride in a lifetime of ALWAYS being "TRUTHFUL"!

Hi Eileen,

We are very sorry of the inconvenience of the app being down. We are doing all we can to get it up and running smoothly. We are recommending using your included Daily Tracker to log in the meantime and utilizing the Counseling resources via phone or chat with any questions about the plan. If you would like, a Counselor can reach out to you to review any questions you have. NuMi will be for logging your meals each day but the Counseling resources will be your best bet for researching anything on the plan! We hope to hear from you soon so we can answer any questions you have.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

The system has been down for 24 hours. I really needed to stay on track and that hasn't happened. I needed to research things on Nutrisystem and that hasn't happened. This is a terrible and expensive service. This would of never happened at weight watchers. I feel that I should be compensated for the inconvenience of my time and my health trying to stay focused.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Diana,

We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding with the ordering of our plan on auto-delivery. We want to do everything we can to meet your expectations for a positive experience. Please be assured that we are looking into this and will provide you with a response as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

When ordering online, it is in very small print that you cannot cancel your auto-renew until after at least 2 months meals!!! After beginning the program I decided that it wasn't for me and tried to cancel. I was very adamantly advised that the contract was explained in "Terms and Conditions" and that I agreed to it, so to cancel cost me another $99. THE ABSOLUTE WORST BUSINESS PRACTICE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!! Definitely have no interest in customer service. And, the food terribly processed and is filled with preservatives - certainly not a healthy way to lose weight. I would not recommend to anyone!!!

Hi John,

We are so happy to hear of your positive experience with us and that you found some relief with our chat service. We will certainly forward this on! Continue checking in with us as needed as we would be more than happy to help while on your journey, John!

Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

Initially in panic mode late last night, I felt blindsided by the notice of impending shipment of more Nutrisystem Select for Men. After waiting until morning, I was able to have the shipment delayed until 10/14 by a very pleasant service rep. A follow up "chat" with Kim in customer service, provided me with a transcript of the transaction; I am much relieved! My current health status has been compromised by a recent fall at home. :-() I will have to continue to stagger future shipments in order to keep w/in budget while sharing my Nutrisystem largess with my adult son who recently moved back home as of April 1st! I'm particularly grateful to Michael ** who had guided me through an earlier misunderstanding on my part. He has been great. :-)) My grandpa had the habit of saying, "It's tough to get old"; now I know what he was hinting at as I reach his age!

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for writing your review today! We are glad to hear that you have found success on our program and that you also learned about proper and healthy portion sizes. We do appreciate your feedback regarding the shakes as well as the design of the Daily Tracker book. We forward along all feedback that we receive for review. If there is anything else that we can do to help, Sandra, please let us know.

We hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

The program gave me structure... Got me results and taught me balance in my eating habits and food choices/portions. The emails about nutrition are very helpful and appreciated. As far as the meal plans... I liked the new pouch packaging for some of the selections and the menu choices offered variety. I didn't like that the breakfast shakes were no longer automatically included in the meal plans & and I didn't like the new tracker book design... The spiral books opened flat and were just easier to use.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2016

Issue has been resolved and I'm very happy with the quick response from Nutrisystem.

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for leaving your feedback today regarding your experience with discontinuing your program. We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction, and we will be reaching out to you shortly to try and help as best we can. We hope you have a nice weekend!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Worst customer experience EVER. I will never order from this company again and I will certainly let my friends and coworkers know my experience with this company. The idea that they charge you $99.00 to cancel the program is unbelievable. Even if you indicated that the reason why you were quitting the program because you did not like the food, they want to sell you $99.00 of food instead of paying the cancellation fee. Never again.

Hello Karen,

Welcome to the program! We are happy to hear that the Nutrisystem Counseling Team made your initial transition a little easier. They are always willing to assist and typically respond within 48 hours. We wish you the best of luck, Karen!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Questions regarding my numi account. The counselors that answered my emails were wonderful and took care of everything in a timely way. Just getting started and very excited! Thank you!

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to reach regarding these struggles with NuMi. Our NuMi Development Team is working hard to resolve recent trending compatibility issues synching our app to Fitbit devices. Another member of our team will be contacting you shortly to best address this concern. We hope you have a peaceful evening, Jennifer.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

My NuMi journal is not updating info from my Fitbit scale, though it indicates that it is connected. I emailed for help and I was told to disconnect then reconnect the device, and if that didn't work to call. I did that, and it didn't work, so I called. The person I talked to had no idea what to do and was no help whatsoever. Nutrisystem seems to be touting the claim that the NuMi journal syncs with tracking devices and scales. I am very disappointed that there is no tech support to make that a reality, in my case.

Hello Wendy,

You are most welcome. Thank you for taking the time to share this positive experience with the Nutrisystem Counseling Team. We are happy to hear that you were helped to your satisfaction and can certainly record this feedback. Please let us know if you have any other concerns or further input. We hope you have a wonderful rest of your week, Wendy.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Wrote a email this morning about being discouraged. Got a wonderful answer from the email support team. I will also call my counselors to discuss further. Not losing the weight I thought I would. The support team has been very helpful on all of my emails that I have sent. Thank you.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2016

I have been on the program for 2 weeks and it is going okay. Not great loss, but slow and steady. Most of the food is very good. I really have my preferences. They do give the opportunity to get the food you want. It is cheaper than a lot of weight loss programs.

Hello Elsie,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you are understanding the program. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly to see if there is anything else we can assist you with in starting your program! Enjoy the rest of your day.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

The problem is no more as I finally figured out how to read the instructions. Thank you.

Hello Angela,

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you experienced success on the plan and will be happy to have you back should you decide to return to. Please let us know if there is anything that we can help you with!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Had to stop this plan. Lost 5 lbs. in one month but had to stop due to price too high for my budget. Food is good but some not i.e. Mushroom risotto. Sorry. Too expensive.

Hi Cherlese,

We are so excited to hear you are loving the plan! Enjoying the foods can be pivotal to your success so we are so happy to see you are liking your meals. Please keep us posted with your continued success and check in with a Counselor as needed for support! Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I am a brand new customer, and I really did my homework when it came to purchasing. I read VERY negative reviews and I am so glad I didn't listen to them. I am down 10 lbs in 15 days... YEA 15 days. The food is WAY BETTER than expected. 30 more to go!!!

Insufficient response received

Hello Joyce,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your weight loss on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your results did not meet your expectations. We are happy to see that the foods were easy for traveling. We are committed to helping each and every customer attain their weight loss goals, and will be in contact with you shortly to review your plan.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Slow Weight Lost - Good to use when traveling.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Karen,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that the soy ingredients included in our meals have not met your expectations, Karen. We certainly understand how important it can be to feel excited your menu options on your plan. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

First of all, I want to say, that the customer service rep that answered my emails was fair and did a fine job. I am not dissatisfied with the representative. I am dissatisfied with the program itself. Nutrisystem worked for some extended family members and I was hoping it would work for me too. But the fact that you have no no-soy options is very ridiculous. My doctor says to stay away from soy. When you add the fact that I cannot consume dairy, that eliminates most weight-loss programs, shakes etc. etc. etc. What am I to do? Exercise alone clearly is not helping me as I am still 60 lbs overweight.

Hi Nancy,

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad to hear that you're getting help and encouragement that you deserve on our program. If you need anything, we're always here to help! Have a great rest of your day!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

They are being very helpful and encouraging.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for leaving your review today regarding your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your dietary needs and that you did not experience the results you were expecting on the program. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you and will be in contact shortly. We hope you have a nice rest of your weekend.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

I have cancelled my Nutrisystem account. Too many foods on the menu do not fit my dietary needs, the selection is filled with high carb foods, which hinder my weight loss.

Hi Nan,

Thank you for posting your review today regarding your experience! We're happy to hear that the Weight Loss Counseling team has been able to help you with your question. If you ever have any questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

We're wishing you the best and hope you have a nice rest of your weekend!

The Nutrisystem Social Care Team

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

I posed a question to counseling & rec'd very satisfactory answer.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for leaving your review today! We're happy to hear that your plan is going well so far. We certainly understand that some people may not enjoy the meals provided on the Basic plan, however as you stated we do have a customization option available on the Core and Uniquely Yours plans so that you can select your menu to your preferences.

As the Nutrisystem program is not an all-inclusive diet, we do want members to be adding in those grocery items each day for the best results. We've found that the knowledge gained through adding in these foods on your own as well as the flex meals help members to feel more comfortable with eating off of the plan as well.

If you have any questions, we are here to help! We hope you have a fantastic rest of your weekend.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

First let me say that Nutrisystem works, at least for me. I've been on the program for a month and lost 12 pounds so far without many instances of hunger pains. But here are the things you need to be aware of that are not readily known. Depending on your point of view, Nutrisystem is expensive. The program only provides about half the food they want you to eat. You have to buy fruits, vegetables and a lot of stuff they call power foods and smart carbs that will add another couple hundred dollars to your food bill over the cost of the program. Next, I read all the time you don't have to count calories or do portion control. That is not true. All the supplemental food you buy is strictly portion controlled.

Lastly, their standard (and cheapest) food pack is terrible. If you want to enjoy this program at all you will need to spend an additional $20 a month to customize your meals. So what is wrong with the standard pack? Well nothing if eating dry old granola bars is your idea of food. About half the breakfast and lunch food is one of about two dozen different types of granola bar. Lastly the snacks included are also terrible. Bags and bags of a dozen different dry pretzels, puffed chips, etc. So am I happy with the program so far - yes; is it perfect - no. So do yourself a favor. Struggle through the first month with the standard pack to see what you want to get rid of and from then on customize your food selection each month.

Insufficient response received

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your weight loss on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your results did not meet your expectations, Glenn. We are committed to helping each and every customer attain their weight loss goals, and will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

Worked well for the first two months then nothing after that.

Hello Jack,

Thank you so much for posting this very positive review and providing your very valuable feedback! It sounds like you have found success with the program in more ways than one, Jack. We will certainly pass along this feedback about those big opportunities!

Have a nice day!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

Your excellent advertising seems to ignore an important category - older folks. I have lost 55 pounds - down from 260 to 205 lbs. My cardiologist was so happy to see that I had taken his advice and achieved a serious weight loss. He said most older people ignore his pleadings. I am 79 1/2 yrs old. Both my doctor and my cardiologist have studied my recent blood work report and cannot believe how positive that report is. The "elderly" - big opportunity!!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Donald,

Thank you for providing your feedback today regarding your experience. We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy many of the meals on your plan. We feel that it is of utmost importance that our customers are excited about the different menu options that we have available, as it certainly helps everyone to be more successful in their weight loss.

We would be happy to take a look into this further for you and will be in contact with you soon. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I previously used Nutrisystem and lost some weight but was not at all pleased with the taste of a lot of the entrees. Many of them were over spicy and I don't eat that sort of thing. Not that I want bland food either, but some of the spices kinda suck. So I broke the program. I wish to talk with Jane to find out if anything has been done to make things more palatable. Also, since I am a diabetic, I may have been on the wrong program. Please have Jane ** contact me.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you so much for leaving your review today! We're thrilled to hear about your success so far on the program. We're always happy to help if you ever have any questions or concerns, or would just like to check in to let us know how everything is going.

Please let us know if you need anything! We hope you have a wonderful day.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

Phenomenal support. I've sent texts and emails as well as phone calls. Thanks for continuous support. I'm down 17+ pounds in 5 weeks.

Nutrisystem Company Profile