Call toll free
4.54/5
Based on 327 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3078 Nutrisystem Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have used Nutrisystem three times over about 10 years to lose weight. Obviously, I have not been great at maintaining the weight loss, though the effects and eating styles taught by Nutrisystem have lasted for long periods of time. It is a great program that gets me to eat smaller portions with more vegetables and more water throughout the day. I recommend it for anyone whose eating habits have gotten out of control and needs a powerful fix. Many of the food items are delicious, and the comprehensive program makes it easy to implement. I know if I ever need to lose weight and get on the right path toward healthy living, Nutrisystem is the way to go.

Hi William,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you have enjoyed the plan over the years.

Please keep us posted on your progress! Hope you have a great day.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I had reached 30 pounds lost and for some reason did not get a code to receive my bear and could not find them on the website. I emailed the counselors and they added it to my next shipment for me. They were also very supportive and encouraging about my success.

Hello Carol,

Thank you so much for your review. Congratulations on your 30 pound weight loss!

We are so happy to hear that you pleased with the service you received when emailing us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Hope you have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

BUYER BEWARE - MANY PRICING OFFERS FOR SAME PLANS. I am upset to find out that there is a cheaper offer for the plan I ordered today! When I spoke with the friend (my mother) that referred me, she informed me she purchased the same plan yesterday for $249.00!! The infuriating part is my plan for $301.06 is that charge after using the $30 OFF code from her referral email. I am assuming it’s all the same food?!?

I am asking that you credit my plan for the difference and sign me up at the $249.00 with an additional $30 off for being referred by a friend, with my auto-delivery to be charged at the $249.00. If this is not possible, I feel I will be forced to cancel the plan and dispute charges due to the confusing nature of the different pricing for the same plan. Please advise.

Hello Sondra,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so sorry to hear about the issues you had with your order.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been off of Nutrisystem's for several months and have put on a few pounds. I am looking to start again, but I have been encouraging a friend to join in doing this. Do you have a programs for two people to work together. Thanks.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We would suggest calling a Program Specialist at 1-800-435-4074. They would be happy to go over the current promotions and help get both of you signed up.

Hope you have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was charged $283, and two days later I realized that I had gotten a call from another representative who promised me that he could lock in my price for $257 a month. This means I paid $34 too much, and finances are really a challenge right now. The shenanigans I went through to get the good service that I did finally get from Larry was really quite excessive.

Hello Tina,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so sorry to hear about the issues you had with your pricing.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Bernadette was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. She answered all our questions, we appreciate it. Thanks for all your help. We look forward to speaking with the counseling team on a frequent basis, that makes the Nutrisystem process a lot easier.

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that Bernadette was able to assist with your questions.

We will be sure to let her supervisor know what a great job she did!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I decided to splurge and try it to lose a little weight before a trip to Mexico. The only time I lost weight (2 lbs) was the first jumpstart week. After that, was plateaued the remainder of the time. I anticipated only trying it the first month to see how it worked for me, when I suddenly see a charge on my card for a second month I called to cancel, which they then told me I was obligated to a 2 month minimum since my plan was a 'discounted' plan. Cancellation charge at that point was $125... so they convinced me to do the shakes and bars only for that months for $175.00... then assured it was cancelled after that.

I received the shakes and bars, which they were the MALE version, not the female. I called and they sent out a new package, which I didn't receive till a month later, which again, was only the shakes, and was the same as the male version I previously received. THEN, I see a third charge for a third month of food, which I had to call again, and they attempted the same story of having to charge me $125 for early cancellation. I was livid of course, and mentioned the plan never worked to begin with and wanted my money back for the entire thing as promised. At that point, they explained that only pertains if you cancel within the first 14 days... That's the KICKER, I didn't receive my first order for OVER 2 weeks... so money back guarantee is actually NOT an option at all due to their super slow shipping. It's a complete scam... DO NOT DO IT!! I'm still waiting for my credit card to be credited from that third mystery order!!!

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We appreciate you bringing to our attention the issues you experienced with your order.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

When a user is in the online systems it does not check to see if a customer is placing a duplicate order and customer service answers is, "You did it. You pay for it." But if you don't use the online system and call in then they tell you that this action would generate a second order. To me this is a form of consumer fraud.

Hello Royse,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the website.

We will have a member from our team reach out to assist.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have had to call or email Nutrisystem several times with questions about my order and almost all of the representatives were VERY helpful and a pleasure to chat with online or in person. Overall it was a good experience.

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience when you called/chatted or emailed for assistance.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Hope you have a great day.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I am very happy with the program. Support council has been helpful, by e-mail and online. Losing weight and feeling fine! Would like to add turbo shakes and additional bars for on the road. Hoping to keep up with the program while on vacation.

Hello Ruth,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the program and counseling services.

You always have the option to order the shakes and bars from the a la carte menu at http://goo.gl/8Vj67q . If you have any issues with your order, please give us a call at 1-800-585-5483 press option three. We would be happy to help you place your order.

Hope you have a great day and congrats on your weight loss!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have been trying to get a refund or replacement for several emails. "My first Order #: **. I ordered 8 Cinnamon Rolls. I ate 1 yesterday and got sick. I checked the date and the Enjoy by was Apr 19 2018 on all of them. My Order Date was 04/11/2018! I was sent almost expired stuff in my first delivery!" I replied with the lot # but keep getting the runaround.

Hi Kathie,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so sorry to hear that you received items that were near the expiration date in your first order.

We will have a member from our team reach out soon to assist. We appreciate your patience.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I love the food. Your service, on the other hand, makes me exasperated... to the point that I am not going to order anymore unless absolutely necessary. Main issues: (1) sales with imaginary/hidden ending dates. C'mon, NO ONE thinks that's how a sale works. NO ONE. (2) I almost ALWAYS (maybe ALWAYS?) had to get a human to intervene when I "won" something on the NUMI app, because it was otherwise IMPOSSIBLE to get what I won. Simply not acceptable in today's online world. (3) When I did a chat to get what I "won", I was invariably starting from the wrong choice on the pull-down that starts the chat. (As if "Existing orders go here, new orders go there, what you want to chat about is always the opposite of what you chose".) Just make that straightforward, OK, and quit wasting everyone's time.

Hi Marcia,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so sorry to hear about issues you have been experiencing with your reward offers and promotions.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Nutrisystem changed my live. I was 270lbs and did not have the motivation to go anything about it. I had 2 knee replacements so exercise was almost non existence but through the great program I lost 50 lbs. I would have continued but I lost my income and could not afford it. Maybe some day I can continue my journey to get down to my goal weight.

Hi George,

We are so happy that you were able to find success on the program. We are sad that you had to stop but wish you the best of luck! Remember, use what you've learned while on the program to continue your success off the program. :-)

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for almost a year and a half. I spoke with a customer service rep by the name of Frank on 07/31/2018 approx at 1:20 pm. Who was very rude. He informed me that the plan I thought I had ordered (Weekends My Way) was not the plan I had been on. I thought it was the plan I always had ordered due to the fact I order the same way off the app the every time. He refused to cancel my next coming up order and when I asked to speak to a manager he said there was not one. I tried to explain to him my confusion and he would just cut me off and not listen. After we hung up And before I could get a call back from a manager like he had promised, he canceled my order and charged my card $125 fee. I never got a chance to rectify my situation and I feel as a loyal customer I was mistreated.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

OK thank you. I was having trouble on what which food eat at what time. So I asked the counselor the best way for me to eat and she explained to me the best way for me to eat so that he also got a copy of the booklet. How my email I got to get the book of first like I guess who is like at the booklet thank you.

Hi Robert!

Thanks for writing this review. We will be giving you a call to make sure you are good-to-go on the program. We will be in touch.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I placed my first order almost a month ago via my phone. I called today to cancel my next order because I am not losing the weight I wanted to lose. The rep told me that if I cancel I will be charged $125. This is absurd as I do not recall signing up for this! The rep said I checked off the auto delivery and that I should have read the terms & conditions. Nutrisystem didn't even put a disclaimer regarding this cancellation charge before ordering their products. This company will take your money! Such a scam!

Hi Loren,

We are sorry to hear that you were unaware of the cancellation fee before signing up. We will taking a look at your account and be reaching out soon.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When signing up for this product my husband did not read the terms and conditions-that is on us. It would be a huge inconvenience for anyone to return the product. However, I still feel the cancellation fee is outrageous and will NOT recommend your company to anyone. Plus the few products he did try were not very appetizing.

Hi Melody,

We are sorry that you were not aware of the cancellation fee and that your husband did not enjoy the foods. We will be looking at your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have been getting the 5 day box and find that there's hot spicy food in the mix, and I can't for the life of understand why. When I contact you I get a bunch of BS and no real answers. There is absolutely no reason for these items to be in the menu, not when there are many HOT sauces on the market that anyone who enjoys heartburn and a sore mouth can take advantage of. This is not the first time I've complained to you about this problem. I had the same problem with you when I did the 30 day program, it's ridiculous that you do this.

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry that you were not a fan of the spicy items on the menu. As you know, taste is a subjective thing and we try to accommodate most taste palates. We will be taking a peek at your account to see if we can assist further.

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 30, 2018

I think Nutrisystem is a rip-off. They offered me a discount on my first month's food as long as I promised to order a second month. When I decided I didn't want a second month, they charged me $125. I truly regret making the stupid and foolish decision to order a month of their food. The portions are extremely small, and the food doesn't look appetizing or healthy. I did contact customer service, and the people I spoke with were poor listeners and had a surly attitude. Save yourself time and money and find another diet - this one is a scam. Honestly, if their product was so good, they wouldn't offer discounts and then take them away.

Hi Chantelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry that you were unaware of the cancellation fee for only receiving one order and for the poor experience you explained while calling. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 28, 2018

I am sixty-five years old. Was in a nursing home for five years. I had eleven stents in my heart and a pacemaker. Had gone through two cancers. I was in a wheelchair for five years. I had given up along with my Drs. I moved to Missouri with my brother. I went on Nutrisystem and over the past year and a few months I have now lost over seventy pounds. I am out of my wheelchair and am now a different person. I want to thank Nutrisystem for the part it played in changing my life.

Hi Deborah,

This is wonderful news! We are so happy that you decided to choose use in your weight loss journey! Keep up the awesome work.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 27, 2018

Received my 7 day ala carte meal kit. Most of the food was fine with the exception of the golden pound cake. The package was sealed and after opening discovered green mold covering the bottom half of the cake. The package states enjoy by Nov292018.

Hi Molly,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so sorry that you received a molded item. We will be reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 26, 2018

I understand that it is partly my issue because I didn't alter my order in time, but I was unexpectedly sent away on business. I am somewhere I don't have cell service and no access to a computer where I can do personal work on. So there was no way I could call or use the chat (it wouldn't pull up on my phone). I emailed because it was my only option. It took two days for someone to get back with me and by then it was too late. I live in the city so there was no one to receive my packages and no one but myself has a key to my apartment.

So now my frozen items are sitting in the hot sun (we're currently in a heat wave) and my boxed items are about to join it. I'm just disappointed that no one was able to help me and the policy is basically that I am SOL on my items when they spoil in the heat. I do understand that it is also partly my fault, but it bothers me that it took two days for anyone to get back with me. If email is not a viable and quick option, don't include it, or make the chat feature more mobile friendly. Thank you.

Hi Anna Elise,

We are sorry that it took longer than expected for us to get back to you about your order. We will be reviewing your account and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 25, 2018

Olivia was very pleasant and helpful. She was able to answer all of my questions. If she an true example of your staff your company is doing something right. My only complaint is that when you press that you have a question, you only get 3 choices none of which had anything to do with my question.

Hi Brian!

We are so happy that Olivia was able to help you in such a pleasant way! We will also be forwarding your feedback along about the phone tree as you as not the only one with this concern. Best wishes, Brian!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 24, 2018

I don’t want to really leave but I really want to take advantage of the autoship uniquely yours D plan and that’s what everyone tells me to do to get it for $249 monthly. If I can change to that plan for that price I would stay because I do believe it works and I don’t want to do anything unethical.

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy you believe the program works but is a little too expensive for you. We will be peeking at your account and reaching out soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 22, 2018

As of this writing nothing, I repeat nothing has arrived. And I don’t understand how my original order did not have everything and that I have called three (3) times and yet it is still not correct based on your emails. Who investigates and follows up with me concerning the three orders placed after the June delivery but you only show two orders?? Please have some respond or contact me.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear that you are still missing things even following a few phone calls to us. We will be assigning this to a member of the Consumer Experience Team and they will be reaching out soon.

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 20, 2018

I tried Nutrisystem and had so many issues before the food even arrived. I'm not sure how you can call 100 or 150 calories a "meal" or the fact that you have to add in your own fruits, vegetables and other food items. A meal should be the whole thing, otherwise it should be call a very low calorie entree. The customer service was impossible to fix my order that was incorrect and I was on the phone for over an hour just to cancel. I can't get them to give me my money back even though I cancelled within 5 days of ordering.

Hi Katie,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the program. We will be looking into your account to see if we can help out at all.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 19, 2018

I stayed with the program for 2 months, you can check the website, order # **. When I got the next order confirmation email order ** I called to report I was having allergies to some food which I was willing to avoid, instead they decided to kick me out of the plan. The problem here is that I was charged the package anyway. I called several times to Nutrisystem and they claimed my issue should be with my bank not with them.

My bank refuses to issue a refund because Nutrisystem keeps claiming I got the box when there is not even a tracking number to track. The program was canceled when I got email confirmation. Nutrisystem refused to refund the $306.98. They never sent me a letter confirming they were going to refund the money, or any kind of proof they were not going to charge me for some box I didn’t get that month. Checking the website you can see there’s only 2 monthly boxes delivered at my address and the no more boxes after the cancellation. I find this totally unacceptable, I have called Nutrisystem so many times and the answer is always the same, that they didn’t charge me but they can’t send proof of no charge. At the end I don’t have the food, I don’t have the money and I was charged for 3 shipments but only received 2! So unfair!!!

Hi Yuri,

We are sorry to hear that you've been having issues receiving a refund. We are going to take a peek at this and reach out soon.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Three days ago I tried to change the delivery of my August order since I’ll be away until mid-month. Somehow the date of the change wouldn‘t move the month forward from July, and it registered July 13 as my next processing date. I immediately emailed, asking you to fix it, and got an automated response. Yesterday I called to follow up and found that you’d already debited my account. Vince changed the next shipment to process on August 13. Meanwhile, you have not returned the $339 you stole. This resulted in my account being overdrawn. This is totally unacceptable. You need to fix your act.

Hi Connie,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear that your order processed too soon resulting in your account being overdrawn. We will be reaching out soon.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I asked about promotions and was given a generic answer. I receive “plan” promotions but not Ala Carte promotions on my Facebook page. I would like to see Ala Carte promotions on my Facebook page. I would purchase Items when on sale as opposed to purchasing items at the grocery store.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for this feedback regarding promotions on your social media page. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 18, 2018

Because you double charged me, I am now getting overdraft fees charged to my bank account. I cannot afford your mistake and for me to wait 14 days for you to refund my $254 is criminal. My emails and phone calls do no good in getting my money back. You are money hungry crooks and I will definitely spread this information.

Hi Pamela,

We are sorry to hear that your account was double charged. We will be investigating your account and reaching out soon.

Nutrisystem expert review by JJ Virgin

Nutrisystem's low-calorie diet plans feature both pre-selected and customized menus with more than 150 pre-packaged food options. Customers can benefit from an online health tracking platform and individualized counseling from dieticians and weight loss coaches.

• Separate plans: Nutrisystem offers separate plans for men and women, with different options and price points customized to your weight loss goals. Because it is not a “one size fits all” plan, Nutrisystem could work well for anyone on the go who demands fast, satisfying meals for weight loss.

• A diabetes plan: With meals containing 12 grams or less of sugar, Nutrisystem takes the guesswork out of choosing optimal low-glycemic foods to stabilize blood sugar -- which could be good for people with any degree of insulin resistance.

• Convenience: Any busy person who does not have time to prepare their own meals would benefit from having frozen and other pre-packaged meals and snacks delivered to their home. Nutrisystem will ship all the food you need to your doorstep, with free shipping included. You can also find their products on QVC, at Costco and at several major grocers and mass retailers like Kroger and Walmart.

• Transition and maintenance plan: This program provides long-term fat loss success rather than just focusing on initial weight loss, which is important for those who need to establish lifelong healthy habits.

• Vegetarian options: While all of the meals offered by Nutrisystem are designed to comply with the USDA's recommendations for a nutritious diet, those who want to stick to a vegetarian diet can especially benefit from Nutrisystem. You can avoid all animal products and still lose weight with Nutrisystem, with over 90 vegetarian options.

• Frequent meals: Many people fail at diets because their bodies crave snacks to maintain their blood sugar levels throughout the day. Because Nutrisystem allows 6 meals a day, you can avoid a dip in your blood sugar that could lead to cravings. By eating smaller portions, you can eat more frequently and still reach your weight loss goals.

• Best for: college students, busy adults and new moms.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin

Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Nutrisystem Company Information

www.nutrisystem.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business