Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 3 stars13
  • 2 stars7
  • 1 stars13

www.nutrisystem.com

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works.

For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life.

With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Hello Shirley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and fantastic progress. We're so happy to read that you're enjoying the menu and continuing to benefit from our program. Please let us know if you run into any questions or concerns in the future. Wish you the best of luck moving forward!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I started on the Nutrisystem diet on August 3, 2016. To this date 9/11/16 I have lost 14 lbs and 4" off my waist line. This is the easiest and best diet ever. I love the fact you don't lose 1-2 lbs a day which we all know we put back on and then some more. Nutrisystem is a winner with me. The food is great. Add a salad and a steamed veg with your entree and you have a great meal... The snacks are unbelievable. I eat a snack (dessert) every night which I didn't do before and still losing the weight. By far you can't go wrong with Nutrisystem. The shakes are so flavorful and sweet and NOT chalky like the other companies have. I am so satisfied with this program and so will you. Give it a try if you don't like or dissatisfied you get your money back. So what do you have to lose. Only the weight and feeling better about yourself.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hi Kimberly,

We are delighted to read your feedback about Nutrisystem! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to please! Have a great day.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 7, 2016

I am on Uniquely Yours since 1/16. I LOVE IT!!! I have lost 60 lbs as of 7/6/16 and look forward to losing more. The food is great, portions are satisfying & this program I feel is better than Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig which I have done both.

Hello Emile,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and providing your feedback! And thank you as well for sharing your story. We will be happy to continue supporting you every step of the way in losing those 15-20 pounds, Emile. Please keep us posted on your progress!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I'm on my third 4-week of the Nutrisystem diet. It has worked well for me. I'm rarely hungry and, so far, I've lost 13 lbs. My goal is another 15-20, which I hope to reach this year. The counseling over the phone has been outstanding in every respect.

Hello Donna,

Thank you for submitting your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with cancelling. We will be looking over your account and will be in touch shortly. We hope you have a great night.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I am not able to continue with the $300 per month food plan, so I called to cancel and was told that I need 2 orders delivered before I can cancel out of Nutrisystem. I ended up taking shakes that cost me $79 and feel that is not fair I have to take drinks that I don't even care for. Why can I be sent $79 worth of food (muffins) or just eliminate the $79 charge completely. I can't afford $300 or $79 at this time. I work in a customer service business with a large hotel and know that there are always exceptions and we always take our customer interests into consideration and do right by them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hello Russell,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We will be looking over your account and will be in touch shortly. Have a great evening!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I ordered the 28 day meal program for diabetics from Nutrisystem and was charged $374.99. Received the food and found it rather bland and tasteless. Followed the food intake instructions precisely but instead of losing any weight I actually gained more weight. After 3 weeks I was notified by email that an automatic shipment was being prepared. I had to chat with an employee to get the phone number to cancel my membership as there was no way to do so on their website. Phoned them this morning and was rudely informed that my credit card would be charged another $99.00 to cancel the order and my membership. When originally ordering I saw no prominent display of this planned action. If I had seen it I most likely would not have placed the order and would therefore have saved myself nearly $500 on food I didn't like and which didn't work as advertised.

Hi Janet,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We aim to please! If you need anything else in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

My frozen items didn't come as timely as usual because the room temp box came before the frozen was apparently shipped. That wasn't the usual case, frozen always came first. After contacting Nutrisystem, I got a reply in less than 24 hours and the frozen items were on their way with a coupon on my next order. Excellent service.

Hello Michele,

Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay in your frozen foods. Our guaranteed delivery time frame is four to ten business days and we are sorry that you have been experiencing the longer side of that time frame. We are happy to look into this for you and provide you with more detailed information. One of our team members will be reaching out to shortly to address your concerns. Have a great evening!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Clearly the frozen food taste better but they can't seem to ship both parts of your order on the same day. I have been waiting 10 days so far and counting to get confirmation my frozen portion has shipped and customer service tells me it hasn't shipped yet! I don't get why the 2 parts can't ship on the same day. I am beyond frustrated because last month the delay was only 3 days. Something in the system needs to be fixed.

Hi Natalie,

We apologize that you were not happy with the service! We hope we can clarify this for you. You will receive 14 free shakes that you will have twice a day in your first week kit. As for our hours, Customer Service is here on Sundays from 830am to 5pm EST but our Counseling Line is open daily from 7am to Midnight EST. You can reach a Counselor by calling 1-800-585-5483 option 2 during those hours. We are hoping this clarifies as we want to give you the great service you deserve. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

Not off to a good start! I placed an order last night. Saw an ad right after I placed my order saying free shakes for 14 days. Only got free for 7 days. Sent an email. Several responses keep saying phone support available 7 days a week until midnight. When I called each number says phone support only available until 5 pm.

Hi Bill!

We are so happy to hear you received the great service you deserve and for sharing this. Keep us posted on your progress and keep chatting in. We are so happy to help!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I wanted some guidance as to how to get past "plateauing". Gabriel was very helpful in offering several suggestions and sending me information regarding powder fuels and smart carbs to get me past this plateau.

Hello Rosalie,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with your shipment and would like to look into this for you. We will be contacting you shortly. Enjoy your evening!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

HUGE BOX OF FOOD SHIPPED WAS FALLING APART AND SOMEONE perhaps shipping co. had taped it together trying to secure its contents. Also there were fewer types of food than listed on shipping list and a couple more than listed... no problem. They seem to be easily cross filled when choosing the daily foods. Will not be able to use turbo drinks because of milk products in the mix. I am lactose intolerant. Shakes causing embarrassing gas... and trips to the bathroom. There should be a substitute product for people like myself!! Thanks for listening.

Hello Nan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! We are happy to hear you have been pleased with your experience.

Have a wonderful day,

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I was able to lose 10 lbs in my 1st 4 weeks & I will recommend this program to anyone who asks me for advice. I will be doing flex meals on my own with your guide. This experience is exactly what I needed. If I need more help in the future, I will be back. Response to my questions was always courteous, helpful, & timely. Thank you.

Hello George,

Thank you so much for your kind words and leaving this review! Please let us know if you have any feedback about anything we can improve upon.

Enjoy your weekend!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I have lost from 265 pounds using the guide supplied with orders and it is easy to stay the course because the foods are very tasty and just the correct amount to help you maintain the weight loss you are looking to reach. I now weigh 231 pounds and am more able to wear the clothes I used to as a younger man. If you are wanting to lose it is the easy way to do it.

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear about this situation about the hair loss. We want to do everything we can to provide you with more information and provide a positive and memorable experience while on your weight loss journey. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I have been on the program for 5 weeks and had been pretty satisfied, even with the slow weight loss. However, in the last few weeks I have been noticing a lot of hair loss, which shouldn't happen, especially since I have been using Rogain regularly for the past several years. I saw my hair dresser today and she also mentioned how much hair I've lost since I saw her 4 weeks ago. I wasn't sure if it was the Nutrisystem, although it's the only change I've made in the last month. Then today I did a google search and I was shocked to see how many people were on the program and experienced too much hair loss. A lot of them said when they went off the program, the hair started coming back, but often not to where it was originally when they started. I am extremely upset and want to know if there are some of the foods I can avoid to stop this hair loss and I want to know what Nutrisystem can do to make this up to me.

Hello Tammy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with discontinuing your program. We would like to take a look into this further for you to see if we can come up with a satisfactory resolution to your situation. We will be in contact with you shortly with further information.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

It is NOT right to require a phone call to fix an issue! I have tried to call to cancel but I get a high pressure to order more stuff. This is NOT right. I want my account cancelled right now! You don't even have the right address to ship stuff too. Now I am getting threats of legal action if I don't call. This is WRONG! Cancel this right now. I have offered for them to send me a bill for the charge to cancel and I will mail a money order for the amount they claim I owe. This is so wrong!

Hello Russell,

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I originally signed up for the two-month basic plan and cancelled after delivery of the second month products. I received a third shipment and refused delivery as I had previously cancelled. Twice now Nutrisystem has taken money from my Bank Account without my permission. I have recently cancelled the account for a third time and was promised reimbursement of funds for the nonfrozen amount of product but have yet to receive the product or reimbursement.

Hello Sheila,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are sorry to see that you did not have a good experience while on the program. We would to see if there is anything we can do to help out. We will be in touch shortly. Enjoy your day!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I should have looked into it more. My joints do not do well with so much grain esp. when it is white pasta (how can that be healthy?). I was disappointed in so much snacks and bars. I believe healthy means less snacking and eating better food. Didn't think all this stuff was all that "delicious". I lose some weight because I stuck with the food, but after a while I starting eating other things instead. So I canceled but not soon enough I have a box now that will be a "just in case we need something, anything to eat". I know many people must enjoy it but I didn't.

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with one of our representatives. It is also great to see that you enjoyed the entrees. We are here for your success after all :) If there is anything we can do to help in the future, please let us know!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

My order was mailed without items such as a daily tracker which made starting the program difficult. I spoke with a guy from the Nutrisystem Counseling Team who was not rude but seemed in a rush to explain the plan. Not very helpful. I called back today and spoke with Penny from the same team. She was very helpful. She saw in her records that items were missing on shipment but that the missing items were on the way. She also patiently walked me through my daily plan explaining not only how the plan is set up but also why. She then emailed a digital copy of the tracker complete tracker (PDF), a full day at a glance of meal types required of the tracker (in Word) and even a grocery guide. She was very patient, helpful and kind! She is an excellent ambassador for Nutrisystem. Penny's assistance more than made up for the oversight in sending an incomplete order. As for the food, it is delicious, packed well and in good condition.

Hello John,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear about you getting two orders. Alacarte is separate from your auto delivery so you would have had to cancel that if you did not want to continue the auto delivery. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I ordered La Carte just few days ago and didn't realize that that did not automatically stop a regular $340 order that got charged a couple days later. So, now I have this $340 order coming that I didn't ask for and your claims dept couldn't care less because the frozen food is already on FedEx so because I have a small freezer I will be throwing the entire order directly into my recycling bin unopened... (into the trash). Your so called customer service person had attitude and didn't mind losing a customer for good. So after me spending thousands on your diet you chose to not work with me and take your lousy $340 and lose a customer. What a scam your company is. I will spread the word or mouth any chance I get.

Hello LuAnne,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience and that you enjoyed the entrees so much. It means a ton to us that our members are happy :) Please let us know if there is anything we can help out with in the future. Best of luck moving forward!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Nutrisystem was wonderful when it came to requesting cancellation of my plan w/ them. They were VERY understanding of my situation (surgery & costs arising from it, etc.) and they even sent me a discount coupon to use when & if I should be willing and able to once again use their program. By the way, the food was delicious & it certainly never left me feeling hungry, in fact there were times when I ate what & when I was supposed to even though I wasn't thinking of food. Surprisingly, I lost weight even though it seemed as though I was eating more. I ALWAYS lose weight post-op (I have R A & have needed a couple of joint replacements) so I plan on keeping it off using the tools afforded me by the information I received from Nutrisystem! Just thought you might like To know that they are one of the GOOD GUYS!!

Hello Paula,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We are glad to see that the representative was able to help out with your Numi app. Also, we're glad to see that you are tracking! This is so key for success on the plan. We are here if you need anything and make sure to check in with our Counselors for progress updates. Enjoy your weekend, Paula!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I couldn't log in when I was journaling in Numi late at night. I was just frustrated and tired, but it was handled and I could log in after calling the next day. It was the second time my login wouldn't work. Seems that it was near the end of my first month the first time and this week is the end of my 2nd month when I couldn't log in again. It's okay now. Appreciated the nice person helping me.

Hello Clarissa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory service. We assure you that providing each and every customer with great service is a top priority for us. We would be happy to take a look into this further for you to see how we can help. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

Let me start off by saying this is my second time trying Nutrisystem. The first time I tried it was back in 2012. I loved it! I also lost about 30lbs in 2 months. However it became a bit pricey too for me to continue. I managed to keep the weight off for about 2 years. Then I slowly gained it back after having my 3rd baby. I got an email with a promotion of $250 off. So I figured, "Hey why not let me try it?" I initially started with the Core Program (no frozen foods) because it is a bit pricey. However after being on it now for about a week I am not liking too many of the choices and feel that the Uniquely yours option would be better. I literally just received my food just last week and asked them if it was possible to change my plan for the next shipment but keep my discounted price they offered when I first ordered. Their response was NO. They would change my plan however they could not keep my discounted price.

This kind of gave me a negative feeling about them. Not sure why I would not get the same thing I was offered just 1 week ago? I did not ask them to send it to me on this order. I am committing to another month and wanted to change plan but keep my same promotional offer. I mean that's the reason I signed up again. I am not asking for an additional discount just the same one I have now. But they said if I change my plan I lose the discount I have. Not Good... Debating whether I should just cancel. I believe in their product because I am living proof that it has worked however it's bad business ethic. Not Happy.

Insufficient response received

Hello Wesley,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your weight loss on the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that your results did not meet your expectations. We are committed to helping each and every customer attain their weight loss goals, and will be in contact with you shortly to review your plan.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

Was looking forward to losing some weight. It became an instant struggle. Lost about 7 lbs, then couldn't make any headway. I got very disappointed, weight dropped from 201 to 194 and that was it. I now am back to 202, after several months of buying food. Like the last time I got down to 184, 4 lbs short of my goal, a couple of years ago.

Hi Maryellen,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and are happy to hear that the program went well for you. We do have frozen foods available to purchase A LA CARTE in case you ever want to try some of the frozen entrees.

If you'd like someone to call out to assist you with placing an A LA CARTE order for some frozen entrees please let us know. You can also view the A LA CARTE page by going to the bottom of www.nutrisytem.com and clicking on the link that says A LA CARTE. There will be a page for the frozen entrees. You can reach out to us with any questions here, or by emailing us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Have a great day!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

NS really worked for me. I will admit breakfast is the best, followed by lunch. Not too thrilled about the dinners. Maybe if I ordered the frozen entrees I might change my mind. The program has really opened my eyes to portion control and supplement between meals. It has been a good experience and I am currently eating less NS products but continuing good eating habits during the week. Weekends not so much.

Resolution response: Sept. 12, 2016

I have heard back from the Nutrisystem team and they have offered a credit for my next order. I appreciate the fast response back. I do wish it would have been easier to resolve however I am now satisfied and hope that the rest of my weight loss journey goes smoothly.

Hello Emily,

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

So I am in my first month of Nutrisystem and I will start with the good. I have lost 10 lbs in the first 23 days so I am very happy with that. Overall I feel the plan is easy to follow and most of the food is good. I am on the Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours plan which includes the frozen food options. Let me tell you, the extra money for frozen choices is definitely worth it. I enjoy the frozen entrees much more than the non-frozen ones. I think having the frozen foods to choose from will help me stick to the program.

The only complaint that I have is that I was sent 1 week of Turbo10 that is supposed to help jump start the weight loss. This is food that was chosen by Nutrisystem. I ate the food for 2 day and was not enjoying it, I would try the food and then throw away half of the meal because I really didn't like it. Well on the second night when I tried to make my dinner I fainted (most likely because I was not eating enough). This led me to start eating the food that I had chosen and since then it's been going great. But here I am with days worth of food that I will not eat. So I contacted a customer service representative online who told me I could return the food that I had and was not intending to eat.

He gave me the phone number to call and when I reached the second representative, he said that because the food was a part of the Turbo10, they could not accept the food because that was the only way to guarantee the up to 10 lbs in the first month. Well I have already hit that mark and do not need any guarantee. I am just frustrated that I have all of this food that is going to waste all because it was included in the Turbo10 box. I have ordered an extra week of food in my next month's order to make up for the Turbo10 box. I was hoping to get some credit back after spending another $60 for a week of food.

Their website states, "If, within thirty days of receipt of your package, you wish to return any unopened Nutrisystem non-frozen food item, Nutrisystem will give you a refund (less return shipping), no questions asked; that's how confident Nutrisystem is that you'll love the food and enjoy losing weight with the diet program." I find this to be misleading. All of the food I intended to return is non-frozen food and they are all items offered on their regular menu. So why should I be unable to return it. Overall I am frustrated with this aspect and can understand reviews about sub par customer service. I intend to stick to the program because I am seeing great results but I am weary to contact customer service for help with anything in the future.

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience. If there is anything we can do to help in the future, please let us know!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I received my box damaged with several items inedible. I sent a request to have them replaced and to also ship my 10 lb bear that was missing. Within 24 hrs I received a response saying the new shipment will be sent out with a confirmation of the shipment. Very satisfied and happy with the quick turnaround. Thank you!

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with NuMi. We will be looking over your account and will be in touch shortly. Have a good day!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

For some reason the Numi app cannot get overall weight progress correct. Even customer support can't fix it.

No response received

Hello Billy Joe,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that the plan has not met your expectations. We certainly understand how important it can be to feel excited your menu on your plan. We want to do everything we can to provide you with a positive and memorable experience while on your weight loss journey. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

I don't think Nutrisystem is a very good diet to go on. The food taste horrible, and I always have to choke it down just to lose weight. Also, I wanted to cancel my plan, but it costs $99 dollars just to cancel this! Why the hell should you pay that much money to stop using Nutrisystem?! That's not straight. I hope you lower the amount you have to pay to stop doing this plan so I can cancel and pay less money. This isn't straight.

Hello Christy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratulations on reaching your goal! We will be reviewing your account and will be in touch shortly. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I wanted to try one month of food. After finishing the first month, I achieved my goal. I called 12 hours into day 15 to cancel further shipments. I was notified that I would be billed an additional $99.00 for choosing to stop the program. So in total, I'll be paying a total of $474.00 for one month of food. Really, Nutrisystem? This is an outrageous business practice. I strongly suggest that others should stay away from this business. I will never recommend Nutrisystem.

Resolution response: Sept. 8, 2016

Thank you for contacting me regarding my lack of success on my Nutrisystem program the second time around. I have come to the conclusion that my expectations may have been too high. The first time I had a lot of weight to lose. This time, I didn't. I am going to follow my doctor's advice until the end of the year. If that doesn't work either, I will go back to Nutrisystem again and keep in touch with the counselors on a regular basis. In the meantime, I will adhere to your advice and guidance to help me reach my goal.

Hello Margie,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are sorry to hear that your weight loss had not processed as you had hoped. We will be looking over your account and will be in touch shortly!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

The first time on Nutrisystem I lost over 80 lbs in 9 months. After putting on about 25 lbs I tried it again. This time no matter how much exercise I did, stuck to the program, spoke with counselors, it wasn't working. My doctor put me on a different diet.

Nutrisystem Company Profile