toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you have had such good experiences with our Weight Loss Counselors. Please let us know anything that we can help with in the future. We hope you have a great weekend!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Counseling Support - You guys are so quick in responding!!! I can't even begin to imagine how many people you deal with day-to-day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to respond so quickly. I really appreciate it.

Hello Dee,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We will be sure to pass your feedback to the correct parties. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. Have a wonderful week!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

A caring message received from the Counseling Team. Nutrisystem not only is here to help in making our lives better but they also truly care about our lives and what we are dealing with in everyday life. This was shown to me recently. I am very appreciative. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the plan. We are happy to hear that you are doing so well with it. If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Nutrisystem worked for me because the program is easy to follow, the food tastes great, and it gave me the structure I needed to accomplish my weight loss goals. So far I have lost 105 lbs and I feel great! Nutrisystem takes the guess work away; no counting calories, just open the food and enjoy! I was still able to enjoy my favorite foods like pizza, muffins, and popcorn which helped curb cravings. My tips to anyone looking for a program that works is just make the phone call or order online. Nutrisystem will change your life as it did mine. No more excuses, it's time to make yourself a priority!

Hello Karla,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for the menu changes upon changing your order. We will be having someone look into your account and will be reaching out shortly.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 20, 2017

When signing up for Nutrisystem I first started with the regular 28 day program (custom). I was excited to see that there was all kinds of meal variety (lots of egg options for breakfast). I then decided that 28 days would be too much, especially since I am busy on the weekends and opted for the Weekends My Way option which is 20 days. Well, when I went to choose my food I noticed that for this plan they greatly reduced the options for all meals! I am not certain if it was because I used a Groupon or because it's the type of plan but I think it's not appropriate. The choices should be the same regardless of how much you pay! With the exception of the Diabetic plan.

I have been on the program for about 6 weeks. Easter and Passover were difficult times but now I am back on track. The food is very tasty and generally enough. Learning to drink all of the required water is a continual work in progress.

Hi Kelli,

We are so happy to hear that we were able to take the stress and worry away while you are trying to sell your house and have so many other things on your plate. Keep up the awesome work and let us know if there is anything else we can help you with! :-)

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 18, 2017

You are amazing! I was overwhelmed during my house is being on the market and it hasn't been sold yet. I didn't keep tracking on my Nutrisystem diet and have so much food here. Also I wasn't sure if I stay at this address by the time the delivery would arrive. I was worried for days. You delayed my order in two months. I feel so relief and appreciated your understanding. Thank you so much.

Hello Amanda!

Thank you for the positive review! :) We are thrilled that you were able to get in contact with some of our Weight Loss Counselors to help you! Keep up the awesome work, Amanda!

Original review: April 17, 2017

My issue was resolved by very friendly and patient staff who took the time to empathize, clarify my needs and resolve them. I spoke with a great customer support person (I don't remember her name) and with Becky, a counselor, who was wonderful.

HI Margaret!

Thanks for the positive words to one of our Weight Loss Counselors! We are thrilled to hear that she was able to help you get on the right track with your program and make it work best for you! :-) Keep up the awesome work, Margaret!

Original review: April 17, 2017

The counselor (Bernadette) that I talked to was very supportive, positive and helped me with ways to make my program with new plans to help me feel better about my loss and ways to improve. Thanks for giving me ideas and making me feel better about ideas to make my program work better!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Hello John,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our plan. We are sorry to hear that your items were spoiled when you tried to eat them. This certainly should not happen as our foods have a longer shelf life.

We are also sorry to hear that you did not lose any weight while on the plan. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have on the plan and help you continue on if you would like.

We will have a member of our team reach out shortly to help you out!

Have a great night!

Original review: April 16, 2017

First there were no instructions in the refrigerated carton stating to place items in freezer. I put them in refrigerator and they were spoiled when I tried to eat. I cancelled shipment by email. Instructions said to call a number & press 1 then 5. Nothing happened when I pressed 5. I did not lose any weight.

Hello Karla,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your order was delivered upside-down and caused a mess on your floor.

We would be happy to help you follow the plan. We will have a member of our team reach out shortly to answer any questions that you may have!

Original review: April 16, 2017

My frozen part of my delivery. I was 10 feet from the door and the man did not knock or ring the bell and the way I found it was I was tracking it and seen it was del. at 2.38 and it was then 1.35 I brought it in and took plastic off and when I took the lid off it all fell on the floor. That idiot delivered it upside down and there was no arrow saying this side up or anything. I am very unhappy as it all was scattered across the floor and I had a mess.

My question is I am confused as to how to start this diet. I picked mon the 17th to start and I still have no idea what to do. Do I just pick what is in the package or do I have to go into the book for the pf, sc, and the rest or is it marked on each pkg? I need to know as tomorrow is my start date and I can't grab the book each meal and look up everything, please reply asap. Thank you.

Hello Martha,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience! We always strive to provide a positive and memorable experience for everyone. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Original review: April 16, 2017

I emailed about my referring my sister in law to Nutrisystem who had forgotten to list me as her referral. I received a reply email that my request and referral had been pleasantly handled. Great job! Thank you.

Hello Elisa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive any print material in your initial order. We know how important it is to understand the diet you are starting.

We will have one of our Team Members reach out to your shortly to address your concerns with the paper work and ensuring it gets sent out and answer any questions you have about the plan!

We will speak to you soon!

Original review: April 14, 2017

No Directions Included - Thank you for your reply. Although it does not suggest any corrective measures will be put in place to prevent your distribution center from letting this happen in the future, I am at least glad my email was received and read. I think this is a great program but your customer service leaves little to get desired. I requested a supervisor get in touch with me but was told 3-5 days waiting period. Totally unprofessional.

Hello Karelyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that the foods did not meet your dietary requirements. We will be looking into your account and will be having someone reach out to you shortly. Have a great evening.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I'm really disappointed in your product. All the no no's of proper nutrition. Trans fats for one. We all know they are bad. Sugar in everything I've had already. Why do you need sugar in Mac and Cheese? Then there is sodium. I have high blood pressure and have been checking labels for years. The size of servings seems large to me. Agreed, I'm an 80 year old woman and know a strapping young man would find them small. I have had a few days in my first week of eating out and admit to a few glasses of wine but I'm afraid all your food will make me gain weight instead of lose. I thought I needed the money incentive. If I pay for it I'd better do it right and not waste the money. At this point, I'd like to return the unused food but will stick with it. I just hope you will make your food healthier in the future. You should be changing bad habits, not encouraging them.

Hi Kasundra,

Thanks you for taking the time to write this great review! We are so happy to hear about your success on the program and wish you continued success on the program. Keep up the awesome work!

Original review: April 13, 2017

I started the program with Nutrisystem shipping all my meals every 28 days. My goal was to lose 40 lbs. I am happy to say in just a little over 2 months I have reached my goal. I love the Nutrisystem plan! It really works! I feel so much better about myself. The food is really good, you have a lot of different choices and the cost of the food is definitely acceptable. The plan is easy to follow and I would recommend this to anyone who is ready to lose weight.

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you so much for writing this review! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with one of our representatives. We will be sure to pass it along to the right department.

Please let us know if there are any other questions we can answer for you!

Original review: April 13, 2017

I waited online to leave counselor, Michael a review but we got disconnected. Michael gets 5 stars for being friendly, helpful, and offering to send me information that could support my efforts. I really appreciated the care he showed. Great representative for the Nutrisystem program.

Hello Debbie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy the plan and the foods. We hope that you have been happy with your results as well!

If you do have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. Have a wonderful evening!

Original review: April 13, 2017

If you are not good at preparing your own meals and on the go, this diet plan is perfect. A bit expensive and I prefer the frozen meals but if you follow according to plan and exercise you will lose a significant amount of weight. I have always enjoyed this plan and go back as required. Nutrisystem is great.

Hello Nyoka,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with us. We will be having someone look into your account and will be reaching out shortly.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I ordered over the phone just one month, was very specific that I had never tried them and was skeptical. After first month I called to cancel, found out that if you cancel before two full deliveries they charge you 99.00. Which was never disclosed even after asking. Then it took talking to 5 very rude reps, to get order cancelled. I also had to return the package they sent (after I cancelled) to find out two weeks later that they tried to charge me again. So I got my bank involved and stop that payment but they still owe me 137.14. I have contacted our local news and going social media, to let people know that this is not a reputable company. To add insult to injury the food for dinners are gross.

Hello Melody,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time on the program and that you did not experience the results you were expecting. We are going to take a peek into your account to see if there is any way we can help. We will be in touch.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Cancelling. This did not work for me at all. I lost 6-8 pounds in a month and a half. I worked out more and still didn't lose. This is my opinion. If you can't cook or eat all the wrong things this might work for you. I learned one thing, I need to cut the amount of food I eat in half and I can do that on my own.

Hello Penny,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sad to hear that you did not enjoy the foods that you received. Unfortunately, the early cancellation fee is referenced in our Terms & Conditions that you agree to upon signing up on the program. We are going to have someone take a peek at your account to see if we can help you out. We will be in contact shortly.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I signed up for this program with high hopes. Received my food and began to try it. The word 'food' is inappropriate here, but I slogged through countless awful meals thinking the next one might be better. Finally, I called to cancel further orders. Was told that I was free to cancel but because I had (inadvertently) signed up for an autoship, I would be charged $125. To NOT get any more food that I hate! I'm sure all of these rules are in the small print somewhere, but I sure never saw that. When I said I would not pay this fee, they threatened to bill me anyway and send it to collection. A good company does not have to strong-arm their customers. A good company stands behind its product. And believe me, I wanted to succeed with this! Did I lose weight? I probably lost one or two pounds, but that was literally from giving my nasty meals to the dog instead of eating them. Buyer beware!

Hello Marilynn,

Thanks for writing this review. We are happy to hear you were able to speak to a counselor to clear up any confusion regarding your order. We wish you the best of luck and success on the program!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 12, 2017

I thought the order was short some meals and snacks. I was short 6 snack bars, only. Peggy, your counselor, explained the program to me and cleared up my original misconception as to how many meals, etc I was supposed to receive.

Hello Karen,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience while cancelling the program. We are sad to hear that the foods were not what you were looking for in a diet program. We will be looking into your account and reaching out shortly. We hope you have a good weekend.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I ordered Nutrisystem and completed a month and only lost 5 lbs. I canceled my auto ship but they shipped anyway and stated that they had no record of me canceling the shipment. They wouldn't do anything about it so I am stuck with paying for another month's supply. On top of that, they did not put dry ice in the 2nd order (they did in the first) and everything was melted. I called to complain and they still would not refund me. Instead, they stated that they would reship the frozen order again. My reason for canceling in the first place was the quality of the food, too many chemicals (processed), too much salt, gluten and high in carbs.

See photo below. I think it speaks for itself! Poor quality control. I contacted Nutrisystem about it and was told a $15 coupon would be applied to my next order. What makes them think I'm going to order again? Also I was told to not order the pizzas anymore if I'm not satisfied with them!! WOW!! I would have preferred hearing "we will fix the quality of the pizza to look like the picture on the box and send you a new pizza." Their response indicated to me that they have no intentions of changing their quality.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Dee Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the foods as much as we would have hoped. When signing up on the auto-delivery program, you are required to accept 2 orders before cancelling and if you cancel early, there will be an early cancellation fee. We apologize this was unclear to you upon signing up. We will be looking into your account and be in touch.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Wanted to try for a month. Was not crazy about the food. It smelled. Tried to cancel and they charged me $125 to cancel the order unless you order two months of food. Could not handle another month of the smell and taste.

Hi Gabriela!

We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with one of our Weight Loss Counselors. We wish you the best of luck and keep us posted! :-)

Original review: April 11, 2017

I have run into a roadblock and my weight loss has stagnated. And when I phone the Counselor she was awesome, she suggested I try a different approach and I will try it and will let you know what happens in 1 week. :)

Hi Sandra,

We are sorry to hear about your difficulty customizing your order online. We will be taking a look at your account and be in contact shortly. We hope you have a great weekend!

Original review: April 11, 2017

I attempted to customize my order. I participated in 2 online chats and in both instances I was unable to get in and customize my order so my problem was not resolved. I've customized my order before and had no trouble so I don't know why this time wouldn't work. I hope my last request is how my next order will arrive. If not, I'll be very disappointed.

Hello!

Thank you for the positive words about the program! We are thrilled that you are enjoying the foods and seeing results. If you come across any questions, give us a call at 1-800-585-5483, Live Chat, or email at consumerexperience@Nutrisystem.com. Keep up the awesome work!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 10, 2017

I really enjoy your food. It's so much better than I recall from years ago trying Nutrisystem. I Will tell the World!!! Please try your program. It's the best out there. Eat and lose weight. It's that simple. Thanks guys.

Hello Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear you were not a big fan of the food and were expecting the lose more than you did. We will be looking into your account and be reaching out to you shortly. We hope you enjoy your evening.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I was disappointed in the original selections Nutrisystem choose for me. A few of them were good. Most of them were not very tasty. I did not lose 13 lbs in 30 days. I lost 9. I really hoped this would be a good experience and I could recommend it to others. I would not recommend Nutrisystem. The website needs to be clearer that you have to order 2 months of food. If I had seen that I would never have started.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Nutrisystem program. We are sorry to hear that the quality of our meals have not met your expectations. We certainly understand how important it can be to feel excited your menu on your plan. We want to do everything we can to provide you with a positive and memorable experience while on your weight loss journey. We will be looking into this further will be in contact as soon as possible.

Original review: April 7, 2017

If I could give ZERO stars I would. Part of my dissatisfaction is my fault for not researching. I don't mind that packaging is really small, I get this is a portion control program. What does bother me is the claim the crap is "healthy." NO, it is not. Everything is loaded with sodium and sugar. Another problem, everything needs to be microwaved - I don't own a microwave and don't plan on ever owning one. I called to discontinue future deliveries and was informed that I was obligated to another month because I received my order at a "discount" - this program is NOT cheap even at the "discount" price. I told the representative that I do not cook w/ a microwave so this program is pretty inconvenient. Obviously I can figure out how to warm the meals; however, that does take some of the convenience away.

The representative told me that there were stove-top directions on all the meals packaging. NOT TRUE. I hadn't seen one meal at the time that had stove-top directions. BUT, there are a few that do have stove-top directions, but definitely NOT all. I emailed Nutrisystem my concerns because the phone call I made to Nutrisystem only made me upset. I never received a reply so they clearly do NOT care about customer satisfaction. I also felt manipulated into the obligated second month. They DO NOT make that clear when ordering. YES, I should have paid better attention. So some of the fault certainly is mine. But the program sucks and now I'm stuck with two months of really ** food (anyone that says the food is good, clearly has terrible taste). And I'm positive that Marie Osmond is NOT eating this dog food. Nutrisystem super sucks.

Hello Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize that you feel pressured when giving us a call to cancel. That is certainly not our intention, but rather to ensure that we have exacerbated other options that may be appealing to you than your current choice. We do require verbal confirmation of a customer's desire to cancel on a recorded line. If there is anything we can improve upon further, please let us know! We will be looking into your account to make sure everything was handled properly. We will be in touch shortly. We wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey, Maria.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Very disappointed that I have to talk to an agent to cancel my account. Emailed customer service and was told to call instead. I have previously called to cancel an account for my mother-in-law that I had set-up and was paying for and didn't like the hassle of canceling. Too much pressure to continue or change to a maintenance plan.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that the program is going well for you! Please keep us posted on your progress and don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything. Have a great day :)

Original review: April 7, 2017

I have to admit that I was not sure about getting involved with this Diet Plan. I took the risk and have been on the diet for 16 days and have actually lost 2 inches in the waist and 8 lbs. I workout on treadmill several days a week for 45 min. Eating well and really like the food that I got, matter fact I just ordered via a la carte, and my entire order will be shipped next week, it's another month supply. I would like to lose about 15 more but maybe only 10. The Shakes are great and by the end of a day I feel like my stomach is going to bust from eating all the meals I am required to do, 3 meals a day and snacks, etc. but next morning it's gone. Anyway so far I'm totally happy with this diet. It works, you eat the food and you lose the wt.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that your wife was unaware that orders would be automatic as well as there would be a cancellation fee if she were to cancel prior to keeping the 2nd order. We will be looking into this matter for you and reaching out shortly. Have a great weekend!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: April 6, 2017

I find the practice of automatic reorders by Nutrisystem to be very unfair and is just there to assure more money is spent by the consumer. My wife ordered the 1st month supply not realizing that buried somewhere in the terms and conditions that automatic reorders would occur. When she found out that a reorder was about to be shipped (more than a weeks supply was yet to be used) she called Nutrisystem to tell them she did not want anymore. She received a cancellation confirmation but Nutrisystem delivered the order anyway. We immediately returned the unopened box.

When we called Nutrisystem to tell them what happened the representative told us we would have to pay them $200 to return the $417 order they had just charged us. This is grossly unfair business practice that should be stopped immediately. People should have to make a positive affirmation that they want automatic reorders... not have it buried in the terms and conditions somewhere. We are protesting the $416.96 charge to our credit card.

UPDATED ON 04/15/2017: I previously posted about Nutrisystem's unfair automatic re-order process. I received no call from them about anything but today I received a credit on our credit card for $269.99 regarding the $416.96 charged for the order that had been cancelled & acknowledged by them in an e-mail. Their food was returned and accepted back by them. But now they want a payment of $147 for the return. We think that is ridiculous under the circumstances but are willing to pay $50 to settle the issue.

Hi Deanna!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear about your diagnosis. We are sure its a transitioning time for you and are glad that we could make it a bit easier. Best wishes, Deanna!

Original review: April 5, 2017

After joining and ordering Nutrisystem for Women, I was diagnosed as being gluten intolerant. I expected to be held to the commitment of the auto order but was very pleasantly surprised and relieved when the counselor indicated that my program could be cancelled. Thank you!

Hi Julie!

Thanks for writing such kind words. We are so thrilled that you are enjoying the plan and talking with us! :-) As you already know, we are just a phone call away so if you come across more questions, pick up that phone of yours and give us a jingle. Best wishes, Julie!

Original review: April 5, 2017

Everyone I have talked to with Nutrisystem has been friendly, caring and very, very helpful. It is great knowing you can just pick up the phone and find someone that will answer your questions. Thanks to all that I have spoken to.

Nutrisystem Company Profile