toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Kelly!

We are sorry that you had an issue that caused you to contact us but are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations on all occasions! Keep up the awesome work on the program!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 4, 2017

I have contacted customer service 3 times in the last 2 months with various questions and each time, customer service has exceeded my expectations. I have been very pleased with the timely response and the outcome! I've been recommending Nutrisystem to everyone because it works and any questions are answered! Thank you!

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our plan and sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant experience and have been happy with your weight loss. Please let us know if you have any questions.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 15, 2017

I have used Nutrisystem in the past and just finished two months. My goal was 25 pounds and I did meet me goal. I find the plan to be very easy to follow and have gotten to know which selections I like which really makes it much easier. I would recommend the plan to anyone. I can say that I never really find myself hungry and the regular meals, snacks and water consumption makes it relatively easy. In addition everyone that I have dealt with on the phone has been very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Hi Karen!

We are so happy for your progress on the program! We are glad to hear that the plan was easy to follow and required little effort on your part. Keep up the awesome work! :)

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: May 31, 2017

I would like to thank you for the help Nutrisystem gave me in losing weight. I gained 11 pounds and could not get it off. I was afraid 11 would turn into 15 and 15 into 20. I am 67 so I think my metabolism may be slower now. I found the food tasty and the most important thing to me was I knew exactly what I was supposed to eat each day. It was all planned out and required no research or work on my part. I am single and so often just picked up take out or ate a frozen dinner or ate out with friends which of course is always tempting and fattening. So I was able to lose the weight (9 pounds with one or two to go). Thank you very much.

I love the product and have had a great experience in all things with exception of redeeming NuMi awards, but it was corrected quickly and explained. Thank you very much. I am having success with your product and do not feel deprived.

Hi Becky,

Thanks so much for leaving your review today! We are happy to hear that Beth was able to help you with your questions about your plan.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about getting started. We hope that you have a wonderful day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Beth ** was very friendly and helpful with all of my questions and concerns today. She was knowledgeable and friendly and very patient with my questions. She also shared very helpful information with me in wanting to start my journey with Nutrisystem. I greatly appreciate her help this afternoon.

Hi Diane,

Thanks so much for leaving your review today about your experience! We appreciate your support over the years and are happy to hear that you're doing well. :) If you have any questions, we are always happy to help. We hope that you have a wonderful day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have been a Nutrisystem member for several years and I can promise you this. "If you follow the plan, it works." The foods are pretty tasty and there is enough to eat. The ice cream desserts are really good, however, when you realize, what a proper serving size is, you realize why you gained weight in the first place. I would recommend Nutrisystem to anyone who wants to lose a small or large amount of weight. It is a healthy and disciplined way to reach your goal.

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us today. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and will be having someone reach out to discuss your concerns with you to see how we can help.

We hope that you have a wonderful day.

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My first shipment didn't include the Grocery & Tracker Guide for use after the first Turbo Takeoff Week. I had to initiate the chat feature 3 times, received email from the agent with info that I wasn't able to print and had to then request a written booklet be sent. Also I referred a friend who subsequently signed up and received her discount, but I didn't get discount and had to chat and email to receive promo code. I'm definitely disappointed with the process in Nutrisystem.

Hi Debra!

We are so happy to hear that you found success on the program. We wish you the best of luck on and off the program as you practice maintenance! :-) Rooting for you!

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I lost 13 pounds and it has put me on the right track... The food was good... I was always satisfied. Thank you for the opportunity to get myself back to where I need to be... I like that the program has reminded me of portion control and the need for more water in my life... Thank you again for helping me get in control again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

HI Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sad to hear that you were treated so poorly. We will be looking into this matter and will be reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I restarted the program after being on a 60 day vacation. After they told me I could customize my dry order, they shipped items I could not eat and then had the attitude "too bad, eat it." NEVER AGAIN. Worst people in the world to deal with.

Hello Kristen,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We certainly do not want you to feel as if your questions are not being answered. We will be having someone take a look at your account and they will be reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I reached out to support for questions about the program as I just got my food and I am not quite sure where to begin. I asked SEVERAL questions and none of those questions were answered. So that's how you treat new members? I am going to get two months and then cancel my autoship and switch to another weight loss plan. I should have paid attention to NS lousy reviews.

I enjoy just about all the entrees Nutrisystem has except for the ones that come with their own bread (pizza, flatbread pizza, pot pies). The bread is awful and has the consistency of cardboard. My overall experience has been great, losing a total of 30 lbs. I have recommended Nutrisystem to others but their complaint is always the upfront cost. I explain how breaking that cost down to daily cost per day that you're actually saving money on food as compared to buying food every day. This is the second time I used Nutrisystem and will not hesitate using it again if the need arises.

Hello Anna,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear that you received items that were melted. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I ordered six bags of NutriChocolates with my order of lunches and snacks and the chocolates were completely melted. I requested replacements but said they should be sent with an ice pack since the weather has been so hot. I received the replacements today and again, they were completely melted. All of these chocolates are wasted and inedible.

Hi Conrad,

We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulty with getting a refund from your order. We will be investigating this and reaching out soon.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

The food was ok. Was very light snacks. Felt like I was going to pass out so I cancelled my account on 8/24/17. Lady over phone said I should be receiving refund in the next 14 business days. Now it is 9/4/17 no refund and the most crazy part is on 9/1/17 They took out an additional 146 out of my account because I made split payments. 146 when I sign up and additional 146 on the first but I cancelled on 8/24/17! So far nobody is willing to give refund until they receive the package! I told them, "I understand so what about my 146 that you took out my account when I didn't even authorize the transaction because I cancelled"... still same answer. "It will take 14 business days after we receive the package." I don't recommend this company to anyone. It's been straight nightmare!

Hi Madelyne,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that the program did not fit your needs. Weight loss needs to be customized to fit each individual person. We will be taking a look at your account and assigning this to a member of the Consumer Experience Team to follow up. We will be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

This program is not for everyone... Some people start losing weight right away but for some it's impossible. I discovered I had a hormonal imbalance after ordering the program. I understand that is not their fault. Doctor advised me that I will not be able to lose weight until I deal with this hormonal issue. But what I cannot understand and accept is that they punish you for trying to get out of the program. In less than a month I explained to them that the program was not working for me. And their response was that they were going to charge me $125 cancellation fee. I think this is outrageous. They have a money back warranty but it's only for 14 days. I was planning on continuing with the program after controlling my hormones but because of their action I will never ever want to deal with this company again.

Plus to tell you the truth... I was not thrill with the food. It's a bunch of junk food. Too many preservatives and unknown additives. I think it's more healthy if you cook your own food and control the portions. It's going to be much cheaper. Don't let them fool you. They know that there is a large amount of people that cancel the program after the first month but they want to get a big chunk of money at the beginning when you are excited about the program. I don't recommend this program to anyone.

No response received

Hi Lorena,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience with our staff, however, are sad to hear you have not been able to get started due to not having the appropriate information. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I first want to say the staff have been very nice but when my order was first placed it was not complete when it got to my home. I was missing the getting started materials. They said they would send but unfortunately I do not get mail at my home address and the woman would not allow a post office box when I first ordered. It makes it difficult to start something when you do not have the instructions. They did send it to my computer but it is at home not at the grocery store with me. I am just very disappointed that I still have not been able to start.

Hi Heidi,

We are sorry to hear that you were having difficulty with the discount applying to your order. We will be looking into this and reaching out with a resolution.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Promotion was $25 off - until I checked out. It was not deducted, I could get nobody on phone with several attempts, and it took 3 days to get email response. Was told nothing could be done on current order, will take off next time. Wish there was some way to verify that... Not a happy camper.

Factual basis uncertain

HI Jan,

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry to hear that you had difficulty discontinuing your program. We will be taking a peek at your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I used your product 3 months and lost 37 pounds. I was pleased. Then I tried to cancel my order. I wrote via 3 email attempts and asked them to cancel my account. They would not do it. I finally called and was talked to death. I gave up and had them delay my order for three months. Three months past and I tried several time again to cancel my account via email. They wouldn't do it.

My last email to you said: "You are not listening. I don't want to talk to anyone. You call 1-800-585-5483 and select Option 1 and then Option 5. Then you wait on the phone and tell them I quit. It seems rather simple to me. Or you can let them send the food and try to use the credit card number they have which will not work." They finally canceled my account. Why wasn't my requested done the first time. When your customer asks for a cancellation just do it. Even though your product worked well, I will not recommend dealing with your company. It is a hassle. You were not customer friendly at all.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 12, 2017

Having missed the 14-day cancellation period I was being charged the $125 fee which I had saved on initial delivery. I was not very pleased with this. Today I received a call from Nutrisystem. They are refunding that $125. I told the gentleman that it just wasn't a good time to be spending this amount of money in Nutrisystem and then to owe $125 for cancellation was ridiculous. Anyway, they say they will refund the money. When I receive that refund I will have no problem increasing this rating further.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you were unaware of the fee to discontinue the program if you are to not accept a second order on auto-delivery. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Very dissatisfied with cancellation fees. $125 ridiculous. They said it was due to the fact that I received free shipping on my first delivery. Total nonsense. The first delivery was almost $400 and so not worth it. I told the guy money did not permit me to continue at this time but I would give it a shot in the future. Not now. I guess it's better to be out $125 than over $400. So much for my financial concerns right now. Very angry!

Hi Virginia!

We are so happy to hear that one of our weight loss counselors was able to help you get the discount you were looking for when placing an order. We wish you the best of luck!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Could not make NUMI app work to order 40% off ala carte. Had a wonderful counselor who assisted and when the phone call dropped called me right back to complete the transaction. Thank you so much for all your assistance. That was the second call I had made to Nutrisystem. The first gentleman told me he could not help as the sale was only through the NUMI app and I would have to keep trying.

Hi Johanna,

Thank you for taking the time to write this. We apologize for the difficulty you've had with use in regards to getting the help you are looking for. We will be looking into this and reaching out.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Enjoyed food. Needed to change date/food. Change on line with rep. Not changed. Difficult to communicate with Nutrisystem. Everything automatic not personal HELP. Unwanted frozen food sitting in kitchen. Pick this up. Credit my card.

Hi Teresa,

We are sorry to hear that you had difficulty with cancelling your program and melted items. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I signed on to this program in May. After two deliveries, I decided to discontinue the program for two reasons, only one of which I'll discuss here. I phoned and spoke to one of the "counselors," who was very polite and professional. When I explained the two reasons for my decision, he asked me if he could cancel the account but also put a reminder on the account to check back with me in two months for possible renewal, to which I agreed. In response to one of the two reasons I explained, he offered to send me some replacement items, to which I also agreed. The replacement items were the snack bars, chocolate candy, and cookies, all of which had melted during shipping, due to the brutal heat. I thought that was fair.

A few days later, I received a small box, inside of which were some snack bars and the chocolate candy. The problem was that, this time the candy was more badly melted than the first shipment. In fact, I was so irritated that I put the packet of candy in a box, carefully packed it so that it would be protected, and sent it to Nutrisystem with a note. The candy had melted so that it was no longer individual pieces of candy. It was just one melted together disc of chocolate. My note asked, "Exactly how did you expect me to eat this?" I never heard a word of reply. Not an apology, and certainly not an offer to replace the congealed mess they sent me. I just decided to let it go and move on.

Last night, I came home from work to find two boxes of Nutrisystem food at my front gate! Oh, no! I cancelled this order, and of course the reasons I know without fail that they got my cancellation notification is the fact that they sent me the replacement of the snack bars and candy. Obviously, the person with whom I spoke never bothered to put in the cancellation, even after a long discussion about why I was cancelling, the least important of the two reasons being the melted goodies. Now I'm mad. I called last night to protest and was told that they "had no record" of my cancellation.

I don't believe that for one minute. I MIGHT have bought their denial that I had cancelled, were it not for the fact that it was the same conversation when I initially called to cancel that prompted the shipment of the replacement items (that were worse than the items they were supposed to replace). If they had that part of the conversation, they had both parts of the conversation. If they implemented one action item (shipping the replacement order), then they should have implemented the other part (cancelling further deliveries). If Nutrisystem thinks my credit card is their piggy bank, they best think again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 6, 2017

I am very appreciative of the fast response from customer service. I feel they did the right thing to resolve my concern. They also asked important questions which show me they care about their consumers as well. I will recommend them, just not for auto delivery. The frozen food tastes really good too. Thank you.

Hi Chiana,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear you were not feeling well on the program. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I ordered NutriSystem because they had a great promotion and a friend recommended it with a $30 coupon. So I decided to try it. Approximately 3 to 4 days into the Turbo week I felt weak, I starting losing sensation in my feet, I was super tired and I was strictly following the diet. I called a counselor who told me to stop Turbo Week immediately as it is not for people who do intense exercise. I exercise 8 to 10 times per week including intense boot camp classes 6 days a week. I was told to add more protein and more calories. I had to spend so much more on groceries to compensate for what was missing in NutriSystem that it wasn't worth it. Not only that but after 3 weeks I did not lose one pound.

Hey I gave a try it did not work, I called to cancel. You are not able to cancel on their website or by email, it took 5 calls to get through. The customer service rep was very rude. I received a charge to my account for $125 cancellation fee. I called the company to have this reversed. They refused. I then asked if they could give me store credit in the amount because I can't understand losing $400 total on a system that does not even work. She was extremely rude, and said they didn't owe me anything because I got a discount from my friend and a discount on delivery.

Well okay I can pay for delivery but I shouldn't have to reimburse a $30 coupon or pay a $125 cancellation fee. I was very disappointed with how unprofessional the customer service rep was. I do not recommend NutriSystem. False Advertising - Not for everyone. You Do Not Lose Weight. Makes you sick and weak. Two of my chocolate muffins had mold in them, one blueberry muffin tasted moldy. Rude Customer Service.

Hi Nancy,

We are sad to hear your frustrations over the program, the auto-delivery, and our advertising. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I ordered Nutrisystem and was very frustrated that they did not provide me with a menu of what to eat! They sent me a little book to try and figure it myself and I continued to ask for help but the people who work on the phone don't even know anything about their product. They never informed me about the cancelation fee (which is written in small print that you would have to use a magnifying glass to view). They use the autoship program which is about trapping you into this program. The tactics they use are bait and switch in the TV ad. Shame on Marie Osmond who must be hard up for money. The company is just using her to promote Nutrisystem and I thought she was better than that!

Hi Marie!

We are so happy to hear this news! We are thrilled that Rebecca was able to help you with providing the documents that are needed for your success! Keep up the great work, Marie! :-)

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I really had a great response when I asked questions on how to handle my diet with snacks, power fuel and smart carbs. She sent me a tracker which I did not have and a grocery list. Now I am on the right track thanks to Rebecca.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you feel the foods are causing your high blood pressure. We will be taking a peek into your account and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I called and told the counselors that I'm on hypertension medication, and they need to adjust the food accordingly... but when I checked after having a severe headache caused by my blood pressure being high... 190/210 stroke level... all of the dinners and lunch have sodium levels over 500mg. What do I do with all this food, that I cannot eat??

Hi Brandy,

We are sorry to hear that the food is not meeting your expectations. We are going to be looking into this and reaching out shortly.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Tem

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I received food that was considerably older than when I first started the program including brownies that were moldy. The three cheese chicken was old and didn't taste the same, the cookies were crunchy with the first order and the last order they were stale. The arroz con pollo rice was nice and fluffy at first and the last order was mushy and tasted old.

Insufficient response received

Hi Tina,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sad to hear that Nutrisystem did not fit what you were looking for in a diet, however, we are happy to hear that you have found something that works for you. We will be taking a look at your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

The food gets old quick. It all tastes the same. Would order food that wasn't pasta and always get pasta. Could never get through to customer service. Lost very little weight and I stuck to it perfectly. It's expensive and you will have to spend more money on all the extra things they wanted you to eat. I thought it sucked and had to stop because I just couldn't eat their awful food anymore.

I did better dieting on my own. I lost ten lbs on it then lost thirty lbs doing it myself. Eating a low fat and low carb diet spending half of what they charged. Learn to eat healthy on your own and walk. You will do better. Learn little tricks when it comes to eating on your own like cutting the crust off of bread. Use a half slice of cheese on a sandwich. Use fat free salad dressing as a dip, use bowls instead of holding onto a bag when snacking. Use a tiny bit of a butter substitute on things. Only use half a bun when eating a burger. You can hold it from the bottom.

There are so many ways to cut out carbs and fat and eat food you like. If you want pasta fill up a small bowl. If you want pizza pull off half the cheese and use a napkin and pat it down to absorb extra fat. There are so many ways to turn your own food into lower fat and carbs. Learn to read labels. You can use it to get started but dont rely on it for months. I have a much wider selection of food I eat now. I went from a size 12 to a 6 doing it myself. I found all new foods I liked and stuck to portion control. Walk a little and you will lose weight. I also bring my own salad dressing to restaurants.

HI David!

We are happy to hear that you are finding success on the program and are enjoying the foods. We wish you continued success.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Very good meals. Cannot eat the meals that have Spinach in them. I'm on ** medicine, the dark green foods mess up my blood thinning. I've lost almost 8 lbs. so far. Staying pretty close to the meals you sent me. It's working pretty good so far. Thank you.

No response received

Hi Cory,

We are sorry to hear that the plan was confusing to you and that the plan includes flex days that you were unaware of. We will be taking a look at your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

The 3 food items I have tried are really horrible. The plan and or menu is not laid out anywhere in a manner that can be comprehended without considerable searching. The advertisement indicates 1 month worth of food but it appears to be a 24 day supply of meals. The bulk of what I received is just granola type bars for most of the breakfast and lunches. When my order was delivered it was dropped on the front step in the hot sun, don't know for how long? Don't know if the food needs to be refrigerated? I had requested notification when delivered, never received one.

Hi Anne-Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you did not experience the results you were hoping for. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Joined the Nutri 13 to lose 13 pounds in 4 weeks following the Nutri 13 program and logging into NUMI each day. After 7 weeks I had lost 4 pounds, and 1". Not as advertised, I would never recommend to anyone!

Hi Karen!

Thanks for the nice words about our Weight Loss Counselors! They are here for your continued success to keep calling/emailing/chatting with us! :-)

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

The counselor was very helpful in explaining the best use of the system and sent us a list of recommended lower sugar items and lower carbs list which is very helpful for me as I am a type 2 diabetic.

Hi Nancy!

Thank you for the kind words about the food and staff! We wish you continued success on and off the program!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Folks are terrific at solving any problems, and answering any questions! The food taste so much better than expected. I have tried many different diets, and so far, this one seems quite doable! Thank you.

Hi Sandy!

We are so happy to hear that you have found success with the program and enjoyed your chat with Sara, one of our Weight Loss Counselors. Feel free to give us a call whenever!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

On Sat. Sept. 26.2017 around 7:10ish. Sara (Sarah) Helped me get a jump start on my weight loss. My doctor told me I needed to get off weight before my surgery. She helped with my menu. I last did the Lean 13 in Feb or sometime back then. She sent me the food menu so I could customize my order. I received my email before I could finish my coffee. She was great. I haven't finished my order yet. No order number. I have lost over 30 #s and so far I have kept it over for over 2 years. Weigh (lol) to go NutriSystem.

Nutrisystem Company Profile