Call toll free
4.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3248 Nutrisystem Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I did Nutrisystem for three orders or three months. The food was amazing especially the frozen food. During this period, I started walking and still continue to do, 30 minutes a day. I have been off the diet for a few months and have since lost a few more pounds. Why? It's simple I have learned to eat differently and make better choices. The men's book that was sent with each order is my go to book and sort of my bible. I carry it everywhere and when I'm out with friends for a meal I choose from the flex meals.

I would cut the label from various breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and paste it in a book. When looking to substitute something that is similar in Calorie, Fat and Protein it makes it easier for me to do. I lost a total of 33 pounds and feel terrific. I weigh myself every few days and like with any diet once you are eating regular and not diet food you have to watch. I am very happy with the results and how this program has geared me to eat healthy and exercise. Thanks Much.

Hi John!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time on the program and are continuing what you learned off the program as well! We wish you the best of luck.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This is my first time ordering Nutrisystem and I was really excited to start the program. I received the frozen food package and dry food package today 12/12/18. The frozen package had all my orders but the dry food package was completely wrong. I received 7 snacks out of 28, dinners that I did not order and the starter booklet with free shakes and bars were not included. I’m really disappointed with my first experience.

Hi Andrea,

We are so sorry to hear about this horrible experience as you are just getting started. We agree, this is not a good way to start off. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I appreciated your prompt responds with a problem I had with my order. Thanks for correcting it. I am very satisfied with my results so far. In 13 days, I have lost 8 lbs. I have stuck to the plan religiously and it is paying off. I like the food. It is very satisfying.

Hi Doris!

We are sorry to hear that you had an issue but are happy to hear that we were able to resolve it quickly for you. Keep up the awesome work!

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

You should let people cancel online. I find it manipulative to force people to call you. If I was going to rejoin once I was in a better place financially, I will not now because of this. If I can order it online I should be able to cancel it online.

Jennifer,

Thank you for this feedback. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My wife decided give Nutrisystem another try (she did it a couple years back and had a little success). On the first shipment they send her a whole week worth the food she didn't pick or want and had no say about not sending (turbo week). She is a picky eater so she is limited on what she will eat to begin with. This time all the food she liked last time did not taste the same as before and so she decided it wasn't for her. So she calls and cancels and they charge $125 on top of the $357.98 that was paid for the first order for 3 weeks worth the food.

I talked to the representative on the phone and he told me that we had to physically click a box to agree to terms and conditions that you would buy 2 months before canceling. Looking back on the site it is all the way down but not a box to check. Unfortunately now we are out 482.98 for three weeks of food. Just hoping this helps out other people from losing out on all this money on a program that doesn't have very good food/snacks.

Hi William,

We are sad to hear that your wife did not enjoy the program like she once did. We will be peeking at your account and reaching out soon to discuss a resolution.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I received my order from your company. Upon opening it and checking the contents I found numerous mistakes. I received 16 items I did not order. In addition to 3 items I not only didn't order but were not listed on the packing slip. 12 items I ordered were not contained in this delivery. I have not received the frozen part of the order yet. Hopefully this is correct. I have sent an e-mail and will call your customer service people to correct this.

Hi Rick,

We are sorry to hear that your order was a complete mess. We will be looking into this and reaching out to discuss shortly.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I wanted to say that there was an issue with some of my product due to delivery and customer service responded quickly and offered to replace the damaged product without me asking. This is what makes NS so successful!

Hi Heather!

Thank you for the compliment. Again, we are sorry that you had some damaged items but are happy that we could help resolve this quickly for you. Best wishes on the program!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I choose the plan where I could select my food. Without exception the food was dry, tasteless. High in calories, and had terrible texture. It was hard to find a package I could consume and I picked things I enjoy. The pasta was mush and the sauce was bitter. When I chose snacks they tasted like cardboard. Could not continue after two weeks and I had gained a pound while following instructions. Do not waste your money on this horrible experience.

Hi Hank,

We are sorry to hear that you did not experience the results you were expecting and that the foods were not good for you. We will be reaching out shortly.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have been eating Nutrisystem food for quite some time and today when I picked carrot cake and opened it it was bad. Had fungus. Date on the cake is Dec 24th.

Very worried now about all Nutrisystem food I have. Attached image.

Hi Meenal,

We are so sorry for the spoiled food that you received. We will be reaching out to gather more info.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Wow! Better than expected! I had 1 pizza without the tray. I sent an email without asking for anything. Customer Service responded immediately. They sent several replacements! Years ago, I had a pizza that had molded in its package. I asked for a replacement. They declined. Thank you for going above and beyond in improving the food quality, selection, and flavor, and your customer service!

Hi Linda!

We are so sorry that you received a pizza without the crisping tray but are happy that we could help you out! Le us know if you need anything else. Best wishes, Linda.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Be very careful about trying Nutrisystem in Canada. Exchange rate makes prices high and on top of that if you are not happy with the service there is no option to return! I am locked into a minimum of two months or they will charge me $170 American to cancel early. I did not know this signing up but apparently I did not read the fine print. Overall my experience with Jenny Craig was much better. As far as weight loss I’m not sure but customer service is definitely lacking.

Hi Jodi-Lynn,

Thank you for writing this review. We apologize that you were unaware that the prices displayed were USD. We will be taking a peek at your account to see what we can do.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Nutrisystem allows you to join and order online but does not allow you to cancel online. You have to go through a lengthy phone call in order to cancel. When I told the consultant I simply wanted to cancel without answering a bunch of questions she insisted that I had to answer them.

Hello Mary,

We are sorry to hear you had difficulty cancelling your program. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Contacted customer service recently regarding items left out of shipping, answered my email immediately and the missing items were on their way! Also have spoken with counselors who were very knowledgeable and helpful. Have had all good experiences with Nutrisystem.

Hi Denise,

We are so happy to hear that we were able to get those missing items sent out to you so quickly. We apologize that they were missing to begin with.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Too difficult to cancel auto delivery - will not accept email cancellations, but it does not say that anywhere, only phone calls. Expensive foods. Give you the run-around when trying to cancel and will not accept return of unwanted frozen foods and will take back non-frozen items, but customer has to pay shipping costs. I will do my best to convince people not to utilize this company. Customer service is inadequate, and rules they have put into place put money in their pockets, and out of yours. I am sorry I did not read these reviews or Better Business Reviews before beginning the Nutrisystem nightmare.

Had to contact credit card company even AFTER removing my card from my acct on their web. Hummm. Card not on file, but they still managed to charge and ship? Painful. Gonna have to donate this crap to someone. Feel bad already for that person. All the marketing in the world cannot mask word of mouth. Very unhappy, and more frustrated. Oh and by the way, I have to keep track of shipping, to ensure the credit is done, 7-14 days. WTF.

Hi Jeff,

We are so sad to hear about your poor experience on the program. We will be looking at your account to see if there is anything we can do. We will be in contact soon.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Just want to say thanks. I've sent several emails to counseling support in the few days that I've been on the plan and they are so helpful and encouraging. They gave me a good outline of how to incorporate a food, wild rice, and how to use as a Flex Meal. I like the emails as this way I can save for reference. Thanks Nutrisystem!

Hi Teresa,

Glad to hear we could help get you started off on the correct foot! Please continue to email us with any questions you may have.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

My concern was not addressed! I totally understand the range of days it can take to receive an order. My concern was I was given 4 different dates~ Fri, 11/30, Tuesday, 12/4..then Friday, 11/30! Sooo I stayed home & that a.m. delivery still for Friday... "on vehicle for delivery!“ After 5pm no delivery so checked again & said, "No info available due to CUSTOMER!!!" Huh?? There was an obscure point about customer not allow access?? I’ve had 4 deliveries with NO issues. So what is going on?

Hi Vicki,

We are sorry to hear about the issue you were having with FedEx tracking and the delivery of your program. We will be reaching out soon to see what we can do.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I had contacted them via email as I could not locate anywhere on the website, instructions on how to cancel my program. They responded within 2 hours (awesome!) and were very courteous. They gave me the information I needed, told me they were sorry to see me go (nice touch) and wished me the best of luck. I am leaving the program on a very positive note and will recommend Nutrisystem to my friends - if they have the space for all the food.

Hi Lori!

We are sad to hear you were looking to cancel but hope you reach your goal while on the program. We wish you continued success off the program through the holiday. Remember to apply what you learned while on the program to be just as successful off the program! :-)

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I’ve done Nutrisystem twice and lost 65 pounds the first time and 14 pounds the second. I only needed to lose a few pounds the second time. The food is a lot better the second time around considering a 10 year difference in ordering. The only complaint I have is the customer service when canceling. I called twice and both times they are rude and acted like it’s an inconvenience for them. Remember a customer speaks to others and either can recommend or not recommend. Customer service is very important to me.

Hi Nathan!

WOW! This is wonderful news about your success on the program. As for your experience cancelling, well, that is unacceptable and we will be looking into that. We will be in touch soon.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Thank you for taking time to send me an email addressing the question that I had. I will call within the next couple weeks - as soon as I’m out of the temporary housing and in my new home. As always, your support team is stellar!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Olivia was very helpful when I was asking my questions about different shakes about how often to do the turbo program and about sales going on and promotions!! I did the online chat and it was fast and accurate. It seems like a very personal conversation and I was having with a friend.

Hi Alex!

We are so happy you found what you were looking for when chatting in with us. Continue to do so if you ever have any questions! Best wishes.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

New foods I enjoy. Discussion of transition. What I can try to help get to my goal. Foods I dislike. Switching to a more sustainable diet plan monetary as well as taste. Representative did a great job to keep me enrolled. I was rusty to cancel while program.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Extraordinarily difficult to cancel auto delivery - will not accept email cancellations, only phone calls if you can get through. Very, very expensive foods. Could eat gourmet foods for a lot less. Cost per meal equals to $10 or more per meal, including a small packet of oatmeal. Give you the run-around when trying to cancel and will not accept return of unwanted frozen foods and will take back non-frozen items, but customer has to pay shipping costs. I will do my best to convince people not to utilize this company. Customer service is inadequate, and rules they have put into place put money in their pockets, and out of yours. I am sorry I did not read these reviews or Better Business Reviews before beginning the NutriSystem nightmare.

Hi Sandra,

We are sorry to hear that you had a tough time cancelling your program. We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Thank you for caring. Your food is great. Your delivery is right on time. You are very responsive to our concerns. The variety is the spice of life. The menu fits right in to everyday life. Keep up the good work. Thank you for everything.

Hi Christine!

Thanks for giving us a chance! We are so happy that you are enjoying the program. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any question. Good luck!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I ordered Nutrisystem for the first time after seeing good reviews. I only wanted to try for 30 days to see if it works for me. On November 22, I saw another charge of $252.22 to my checking account. I called Nutrisystem. After waiting for almost an hour on the phone, I finally spoke to a representative. I told him my account was charged for the 2nd order while I only wanted to try 30 days. He said to cancel, I have to pay $125 cancellation fee which I wasn't aware of and which is not mentioned clearly on their website. I was very upset and felt unfair. The program does not work for me after three weeks I strictly followed. This is a total waste of money and do not order from this company ever again.

Hi Amy,

We are sorry to hear that you were unaware of the cancellation fee associated with cancelling the program prior to receiving the 2nd order. We will be reaching out shortly to discuss.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

In theory these folks have found a successful way to lose weight. Lost weight doing this food plan. But when I stopped and used the same principles, I continued to lose weight for 1/4 the price. Pi= (you name it, but the equation ends with Nutrisystem makes money and in the long run you gain weight until you come back for the temporary cure.)

Hi James!

We are so happy to hear that you got the results you were hoping for on the program. We are glad that you are able to apply what you learned while on the program to your life! Continued best wishes.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

When I opened my pantry order, there was a white powder all over everything. As I sorted the order and began to clean up the mess I realized the white powder came from a crushed loaded potato container. It appears to have been packed in that condition because it was in its own slot with no exterior crushing. Please replace it with the same item in my next order. I have taken pictures of the crushed item.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are so sorry that you received the item damaged in this way. We will be reaching out soon.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I love the meals. I do not get hungry like I thought I would and I did not lose my energy to jog. In fact I felt lighter jogging after one week on the program. I would definitely recommend this program for those who wants to eat a healthy diet.

Hi Mary!

We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the meals and you are continuing you jog! Keep up the awesome work.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I just opened a moldy blueberry muffin, exp date 3/2019. See attached photos. Given the amount of money spent on your food items, I’m truly disappointed. The items were stored according to the recommendation. I purchased extra muffins and at this point I don’t know what to expect.

Hi Isabel,

We are so sorry to hear that you received a spoiled muffin. We will be looking into this and reaching out soon.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I have just been informed that it is going to cost me another $125, to cancel the auto delivery that I feel was not represented well by your website. I was real happy with your program until I saw my email this morning that said you were shipping another $397 in food which I had not ordered. I had assumed that I didn’t have to read the fine print when dealing with a reputable company as yourself. Your representative had to guide me through the website and show me exactly what to click on so I could see this unscrupulous way of doing business. I would like to know how many other people are tricked into this situation! This is truthfully a rude way of doing business!

Hi David,

Thanks for writing a review. We are sorry to hear that you were unaware of the $125 cancellation fee associated with cancelling early. We will be reaching out soon to discuss.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Due to a weather event ** my frozen order arrived late. Everything was thawed. I used a dial (probe) thermometer and 40 to 45 degrees was what registered. Customer Service has already assured me they will reship. I have thrown the product away. I am happy with the response but would like an estimated delivery date. It's the holidays and I need to plan.

Hi Terence,

We are so sorry that you received a thawed frozen order. We will be investigating and getting you an estimated time of delivery for your replacement order. We will be in touch.

Nutrisystem expert review by JJ Virgin

Portioned meals and snacks delivered every four weeks starting at $9.40 a day. Plans are tailored for men or women and are vegetarian-friendly and diabetes-safe. Phone and online support is available.

• Specialty programs: Nutrisystem for Men addresses the weight loss needs of men. Nutrisystem D is designed for Prediabetes or Type 2 dieters and includes access to certified Diabetes counselors.

• Menu options: Dieters can choose from over 150 breakfast, lunch and dinner options, including snacks, shakes and frozen foods. More than 90 vegetarian offerings are also available, along with a vegetarian plan.

• Goal weight maintenance: Nutrisystem Success helps users maintain healthy eating habits with customized meal planning and portion-controlled, pre-measured food containers.

• Free shipping: Free FedEx shipping is available on all orders within the continental United States. Customers using auto-delivery also get 35 percent off every order and reminders to choose food.

• Support: Counselors are available via phone, email or online chat every day from 7 a.m. to midnight, except Christmas and Thanksgiving. Nutrisystem’s website, social media and app provide food tracking, tips, recipes and news.

• Quick start: All plans (except those for diabetics) include Turbo Takeoff, a special first week of meals and snacks designed to burn fat and jumpstart weight loss.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Nutrisystem Company Information