2.6/5 (299 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Herbalife

Herbalife is a multilevel marketing corporation that supplies dietary supplements to independent distributors. It sells protein shakes, snack bars and teas. For more information, see our picks for the best meal replacement shakes for weight loss.

Pros

• Easy for on-the-go lifestyles
  • Vegetarian options
  • 3-day trial sample packs

Cons

• Available through independent dealers
  • Expensive

Bottom Line

Herbalife offers meal replacement shakes, weight loss programs and skincare products for dieters to manage their weight, care for their health and jumpstart a healthy lifestyle.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Herbalife Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Herbalife?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Herbalife?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I started using Herbalife the end of June 2018. The first week I lost 6 pounds! Now here in mid-October I am down a total of 25 lbs! First off the key to these programs are finding a reputable distributor! The person I am dealing with does not ever push product! As a matter of fact they recommended I started out with 4 basic items! The PDM formula which is the protein base. The Formula 1 powder which is your flavor. Those two items make your shake. Then they recommend their tea. And the last item they recommend is the Aloe drink. On my own I decided to purchase a few other products. The Aminogen and the cellulose. As a matter of fact I was asking about certain other products my Herbalife distributor told me I did not need them at that time. Most of the complaints on here and readings are due to unrepresentable unscrupulous distributors.

The product itself works if you follow the program! I drink two shakes a day and have a very well-balanced healthy meal for dinner. As well as to high protein snacks between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner! I work out moderately. When I walked in the door I was 284 lb at 55 years of age. I am now down to 258 lb! They have tons of different recipes for different flavor shakes so you don't get bored. As well as recipes to make different food items with their protein base! I have tried many programs over the years and none have seem to work for me!

I find this the best fit for me! I highly recommend finding a reputable distributor in your area and trying this product out! My A1C from my diabetes went from 7.3 to 6.2! Like any other weight loss regimen if you do not follow the regimen you will not lose! Many people do not work the program correctly and want to blame the product! Again I highly recommend Herbalife! It has changed my health and has giving me astounding results! Good luck to everyone!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I am so excited to report that in just 4 weeks I lost 2kg. I wake up and drink a shake, take the 5 supplements. For lunch, I drink a shake and take 4 supplements and at dinner, I have vegetables with a small portion of salmon. NO carbs, no snacks, just water all day. I am excited to see how much I can lose in the new few weeks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

It's great experience but consultation with an expert is required for a better result. NU cosmetic give me advice for this product thanks for that. They have good and UK facility and providing better service to the clients.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I am so excited to report that in just one week I lost 8. I wake up and drink a shake, take the 5 supplements. For lunch I drink a shake and take 4 supplements and at dinner I have vegetables with small portion of salmon. NO carbs, no snacks, just water all day. I am excited to see how much I can lose in the new few weeks.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The system Herbalife has does not let you unsubscribe to their marketing materials. I have tried numerous times. I am able to enter my email however once you it submit it never connects to the server.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I've been using Herbalife products for 20 days. It has altered my hormones and now my periods doesn't stop. Tried to contact the agent but no answer from her. It affects the hormones so please clarify my query.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

2 weeks ago (17 Sept 2018), I bought products through someone who sells herbal life. The products were manufactured in 2016 September, expiring September 2018 - in the next few days. Mistakenly, the agent ordered 3 out off the 5 products wrong. I asked the agent to exchange this, but they had no access to a phone so I had to call herbal life myself. When I called, the lady who answered the phone had no appetite to help. She just told me to give to tell the agent to sell the items to someone else. I tried to explain that the agent is 500km away. She said sorry there's no return policy, you will have to make a plan and ended the call. So I want to know what kind of business is this where customers are treated like this and sold expired products. Obviously there's no way I will use up a moisturizer and finish it in 1 week.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

It's really very bad experience, whereas during purchase they take responsibility that it's good for health and it's not medicine. They says it's food, but will gain weight if we stop using it. They don't care if you gain weight after using, only suggestion is to take it for 1 more time and place order, if we ask for refund they start showing true colors by asking weight pictures. How can they think everyone should take weight pictures every day. But really bad service at Hyderabad whom I contact by WhatsApp. My advice is please don't waste your amount by believing them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have used Herbalife for the last 3-4 weeks and lost 8lbs in weight as well as reduced other measures. I strictly followed the plan given and started to go back to the gym most days before work. For me, I needed a kick start, after getting myself into bad habits with eating and being lazy after work, all triggered by a health issue. I found the products to be expensive and I found the referral system to get your products cheaper, another name for a pyramid scheme which is illegal in some countries. I found my rep to be polite and had no issues with him and the products combined with my new found fitness regime worked. But, I do think it comes down to the same old adage, if you're going to lose weight, you need to make some healthy lifestyle choices, review what you eat, eat healthy, drink less alcohol and exercise a lot more. I think I could have achieved the same results without the products.

I ended up going to Holland and Barrett and buying the equivalent - i.e. aloe vera concentrate, fat burn tablets, and cod liver oil. Protein shakes I am reviewing but I won't buy at full price again from Herbalife and I won't be convincing others to get it through me so I can get my already overpriced supplies slightly cheaper. If you're going to use this product, give it a trial run, everyone is different. But be prepared to put in 100% to get the results. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I've just join this company to work for someone else as my job and my supervisor looped hole me into business and making me a business scandal. He made me want me to advertise these products thinking they are the best in the world when people are pretending are excellent when they just cheated it out with regular food in their lives. I've tried it myself for a month nearly 2 months and horribly hated it over time. They think it works on me, NO way it never and including the people I'm trying to promote on the street and the supervisor told me not to sell anything about Herbalife. Useless he say so but it's not working if people could like to know the company and the products first before they sign up.

This company is terrible for people who have or not have working jobs in Australia or in the world because basically you're just wasting all your money or saving for all buying these expensive and never work products even it's at the highest rating but it's never worked on me so this is the biggest mistake of my life. This is a cash grabbing company and I'm telling these losers to stop selling me more fraud products. The more they fraud other people in the streets, they get more better awards or achievement for being manipulating others and even friends to donate money to them for the best and from random people that they getting off from rejected application and everyone.

I'll stop working for these busts forever because this basically doesn't work even advertising around the streets by words and putting down the ad posters everywhere I go even on any social media. I never made any money from these idiots and my supervisor never explains enough about how to get clients and made excuses when he phone people about the company when they are in voicemail. These Herbalife staff members manipulation idiots just pretending that the products working on them giving great life when they don't have proper self control, plus I've tried the products, it's sucks and never changed my life in 60 days ago but same old person as before. Just have anger issues with using Herbalife products.

Remember these Herbalife products don't change people's life, they just made it worse by forcing them by buying more and more of these expensive and never works even exercising or workout. What real thing that a fit normal person would have a much better workout and eating the right foods without Herbalife because they have much better self control by not getting involved with them.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I started Herbalife in March 2017. I was 21 years old. I took it for about 3-6 months. I developed back problems. One day it was so bad, the pain of walking made me feel paralyzed. I had to leave work and take myself to the hospital. It's been 1 year and I haven't used the products since. It works with weight loss, sure, but the pains it brings isn't worth it. Now I have a ton of this product in my house, never touching it again. It's just spoiling away in a shelf somewhere. My doctors do not recommend. And another thing that won't go away? The people who sold it to me. They keep texting me to this day about new Herbalife products. I'm not buying it.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I tried the weight loss programme a couple of years ago. With exercise I did lose weight. I had to stop products as I had bad cramps after a couple of months. I assume it's to do with the intake of milk. Greatest downfall are the suppliers/vendors. A then close friend of mine was a seller, once he found out that I found someone locally selling Herbalife, rather than being happy I was trying this product he stopped talking to me. The lady I used was found on the Herbalife website. She came, took my measurements and weighed me. I made a note of all measurements for myself. She came out almost each week to check up on me. Then after 4 weeks sent me my progress, entering a larger weight to start off with showing a big loss, she was very happy for me and thought continuing product will help me further. When I corrected her she said she made a mistake, but still by continuing the products will help me lose weight.

After the cramps got worse, I stopped Herbalife. After 2 years now, I see on Instagram and other social media all these different programmes they offer now. The breakfast plan, free trial they send you some sachets of shake and small sachets of tea. I had now gained weight and thought rather than purchasing 2 big tubs of shake I'd ease myself into with the breakfast shakes. I texted the seller sending her pictures of what I had seen, ''free trial'' she sent me the link saying to place the order where the free trial would cost me £15. Which I did. I again had cramps, went to the doctors was told maybe it was the milk. So now I order the same trial pack to try with soya/almond milk she sent me less tea than what should be in the package, when I questioned her she told me oh she must've sent it out incorrectly. That she will get more tea sent out to me. Never got it.

As the almond milk worked better for me. I decided to go all out and place a weight loss program order. I placed order on the Sunday, sent her a text to let her know. She replied to say she will get product out asap. Wednesday came I still had nothing. By now I am talking myself out of this whole healthy thing (we know it take motivation to want to lose weight). Thursday I have message her asking where the products are. I was told she was still waiting on them. Friday now I've messaged her asking for a refund as £142 is a lot of money to waste as I literally had no more motivation. She replied that's fine send her my bank details as she will need to process refund now because in the evening she was going on holiday for 2 weeks. I tried another seller and was told as I've used someone else before I can't use them. Now 2 months later messaged and placed an order.

She had the nerve to call me and say I wanted to check your definitely going to use the product and not cancel again... which I had to highlight the only reason I cancelled was she didn't have the product. Well I again have paid for postage so ask her to post products to me (was a Thursday) so I can start on Monday. She told me that's fine. She will come and see me Monday (today) to take measurements and have a chat, and that I can drop her off at her house so I can see where she lives in-case I ever need to know. She basically wants a lift home after I'm spending £150 with her. I said ok.

Monday morning I get a text saying she hopes I have an amazing week, and how she will bring the products with her after 4 pm! I've replied saying I thought we agreed they would get posted so I can start today, she replied saying she sent products to her friend and royal mail have lost them and she should've messaged me to let know she wasn't posting them. It feels like all the seller want is your money. I have expressed how annoyed I am. As there's always something. Wish me luck if these product's turn up.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I requested a refund from Herbalife due to the fact I had an adverse reaction to their products. I'm being told it takes up to 4 weeks to do a refund. How in the world is this possible when it only takes them a few seconds to debit your account when you become a member. They received their product back a week ago and I haven't heard anything else from them. This company is very shady and their distributors are no better. They push these products and make you believe that they are best products in the world. They lie like a rug to get you to purchase them. Beware. The distributors are wolves in sheep clothing. I will never ever do business with this company again.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I lost 13 pounds in 3 months. I changed my lifestyle. No diets so I was not hungry or without energy. I started using Herbalife products before. I never thought it worked but now I can only recommend it.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Herbalife is probably the WORST company I have ever dealt with. They are also massive LIARS! Be warned and do not believe the 30 day money back guarantee that they advertise as this is completely untrue. I bought the products and used them for a week but throughout I had a reaction to them and suffered massive stomach pains, I was very unwell and my doctor advised me to stop taking them. I got in touch with ** who sold them to me, ** on Instagram (beware) and she agreed to give me a refund and asked me to send the products back, for which I did and paid £12 to do so.

I am still waiting for my refund and she now refuses to give me my money back, I have called the customer services number and no one got back to me after they said 48 hours. This is literally the worst experience I have had. The products themselves are also very dangerous so take them with caution, there are so many ingredients in there that don't even make sense, you are better off following the body reset diet which is natural smoothies which are a balanced meal none of this radioactive crap!!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I found this product to be extremely helpful. I have a motor neuron disease and am physically unable to maintain exercise programs due to other health issues, including epidermolysis bullosa simplex and PCOS etc. None of the diets recommended by doctors or specialists were having any results. I devoutly followed Atkins, CSIRO heart foundation, Bodytrim. I gained weight. I spoke to a nutritionist and a weight specialist and they both said they were sorry, but it seemed that I could survive on a peanut and there was little hope to lose weight. These diets and processes were costly and disappointing. I decided to try this product after the birth of my child, it was breastfeeding friendly and instead of gaining a kg per week as on other diet programmes, I lost a kg per week.

I had so much energy and felt great. I have had to stop purchasing this product however as it is not affordable. If you have the income to support it, it's fantastic. I found the best diet they offered was near $700 per month AU. Worth every penny if you can afford it. For me that worked out to $175 per kg lol! But I watched others without my health issues shed easily 10 kg in the first month and feel great for it. I tried the basic diet plan at $250 per month and it had no effect on my weight, but I didn't gain more as on other diets. I found the consultant I dealt with to be money oriented and it made me uncomfortable. I later met another consultant that was lovely and in the business for the right reasons.

Original review: March 11, 2018

One of the worst experience with the Associate Ashsish ** who deals in these products and stays in TDI Kundli - Sonipat Haryana. This fellow in totally unprofessional, arrogant, ill-mannered. He is a cheat of the highest degree and sells these products at very exorbitant rates compared to other associates. If confronted, never returns them. Even forcefully sells its products and hardly picks the phone when tried to return them. This Associate try to fool so BEWARE of this fellow... HE IS A CHEAT.

Original review: March 1, 2018

These Herbalife guys are cheats. Product is good but the associates are very cunning and money minded. I gave money for a product with one associate in Bangalore and he never delivered the product. I stopped the product itself and moved to Amway. Amway has better professionalism and good associates so don’t try this. Else you need to be an associate yourself but it is not worth it. Try Amway instead.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I have done business with Herbalife for many years. Their customer service has gone way downhill in the last year. My credit card company kept blocking my order so I tried to change the card on Herbalife's system but it did not work on the recording. I was told that it could not be changed. The order was blocked five more times. Herbalife did not even call to let me know. I finally got them to change it but the next month they used my old card and the result was it was blocked again. You would think I could get help. I waited 30 minutes for a supervisor who then changed the card but I was told my order would take a while to get. They refused to send it out in a quicker way even though it was their fault. I am considering using another company. Thanks for letting me air this complaint.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Herbalife is a good product. The formula one, which is your meal supplement, taste more like smoothie than a diet shake. In overall the products are of good quality. If you take as recommended you should have results. I lost 40lbs my first round, it is a lifestyle change but the results are great. The people who sell it can be a bit pushy but if you overlook that and get to know the products offered you can understand why it has been in business over 30 years.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I tried to support my friend by buying some product. She was close to throwing all her products away since she could not sell it. She spent thousands of dollars and was stuck with the inventory. As for me, I had rectal bleeding for 2 days. I went to my doctor and he couldn't figure out why and we decided to go back to the same diet before Herbalife and my rectal bleeding went away. I used ** for the massive hemorrhoids. I told my friend and she did not believe me and gave me some meal replacement. I was reluctant to take it but tried it again. After two days I was urinating blood and my hemorrhoids returned. I broke out with blisters on my lips. My friend who sold me the product told me her aunt was urinating blood as well so I don't think it was a coincidence. Please avoid this product as much as possible.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I need urgently to be help by Herbalife USA as my membership is from there, when I came to South Africa try changing address and send all documents necessary but they insisted that I need it IRS number which I don't have here. So just like that no more option were given to do transfer. Losing even my distributor's commission money as they claim I can't get it here in South Africa and was more the $250.00 dollars when we first claim in S.A.

And now I'm about to lose even the faculty to buy because they ask me to listen to a training in the Training Center with we don't have access in this location. So no more Herbalife for me??? Or my family. It's incredible after almost 12 years of giving to a company. I was Get Team and this situation only discourages us to try building a business here as was no point. I have always defend Herbalife as I had so good time in Latino America but sad to see a lot of what is sale to promote business as wild wide opportunity is not true!!!

Original review: June 15, 2017

I bought some products online from Herbal Canada distributor and I didn't receive it for long period of time (24-48 hours base on the site). In the web, there isn't any option for contact (like fishing sites) except an email address never heard back. When I called main office in Montreal, they couldn't do anything and they confess they don't have any authority or power to do anything. I strongly recommend to prevent putting your time, money and mind on pressure for nothing.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Herbalife nutrition shake is good result for me & my father. I was 104 kg after 2 months, lost 14kg. My father use this shake for control blood sugar. Now his blood sugar is normal & stopped insulin intake. Me & my father use same shake mix in same periods. His body weight is idle, only controls blood sugar. My result is reduced weight & (idle) normal blood sugar level when I start Herbalife nutrition shake. It means there is no side effect in this product. If it have any side effect my blood sugar goes very low & my father's weight also very low. Herbalife products are very good for my family.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Herbalife has decent shakes and their teas are good, but the group of people in this business are immature and uneducated! They are selfish and it is all about making money for themselves and not to actually help people with their health issues.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I've been doing Herbalife for only a week now and it's amazing how much energy I have. I NEVER exercise but since I've been doing the shakes twice a day and the tea, which I think helps the most, I've been running about three miles a day and hiking in the mornings. I don't have a scale so I'm not sure if I've lost any weight but I do know that I feel really good and confident and my skin hasn't been breaking out as much (I have really bad acne). Also, it all tastes delicious!

Resolution response: June 3, 2017

Update on my review concerning the Herbalife supplements. After a visit to my primary care doctor, I learned that some of the supplements I was using were interacting with the prescription drugs I was taking. While I still am not convinced my friends are actually going to make any money in this business, the supplements are actually good. A lesson here: if you are on any prescription medications, be sure and tell your doctor about any herbal supplements you are taking. Some supplements can cause bad interactions with certain drugs.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I have been using Herbalife products on and off for a few years. I initially started using the products to help support friends/family members in their endeavors in Herbalife's business model. But, I watched my friends and family members go broke while the "big guys" in this company made money hand over fist! Since starting these products, my energy and mood greatly diminished. At first, I didn't link this to Herbalife. But, before starting Herbalife, I ate sensibly, took a few Ayurvedic herbal tinctures, and exercised vigorously 4-5 times a week. My hair was thick and lustrous, and I felt the best I have felt in my life! After about a year or so on the products, however, I noticed my energy levels were declining, my hair was falling out, and I started having problems with my digestion again.

Upon further review of the ingredients in these products, I saw they had a lot of artificial ingredients in them. I have spent a fortune on these products, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to throw them away and go back to my simple lifestyle; eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, along with vigorous exercise, and meditation practices. Sadly, I feel as though I have lost a lot of ground (not to mention money). It will take a lot of time to get my hair back in shape, and my fitness level back to where it used to be. Herbalife's customer service is extremely lacking, too. They would take forever to deliver my products and didn't even send me an email letting me know they had been shipped. I am so sad and disappointed with this whole experience.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I joined Herbalife in January this year, got on trial package on 10th. I lost inches, I felt amazing, they were very positive. I didn't lost anything but water weight, which happened because I started eating right. Everything was great, I became a member in March, or end of February, I'm not sure. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it as a business or just stay a VIP client, my mentor, as they call themselves, tricked me into getting into business. I most definitely spend 500 dollars, more or less, in 4 months. I did see progress, but that was because of healthier diet, not the shake. I started getting hungry, they told me to get proteins to add to the shake, so I did. It tasted sweet, now it started tasting like it got bad. Then they told me to get aloe, I did and added it to my tea, I couldn't drink tea without aloe anymore. I doubt it's a healthy product, and I tell you this as a distributor, as it contains artificial sugars which have a bad impact of your brain from what I know.

But all that aside, the club and the team... It was great at first, but I decided to also find tips and workouts online since we only had boot camp twice a week and no one there knew anything about right dieting, so I looked at websites of certified dietitians and nutritionists, and found other kinds of workouts, which makes me think my mentor didn't greet with enthusiasm, her ego is prevailing. I didn't ask her to help me with anything too much, I knew what I was doing and if something wasn't clear I asked, and I didn't go to the STS because I was sick, after which I felt she is keeping me there for volumes.

I started distancing myself from them. My boyfriend visited and we went to see them, all they asked him about was Herbalife. And all their stories come down to or are about Herbalife. I am all for loving something and enjoying it, but it's consuming people, my sister-in-law is celebrating my niece's birthday a week early so she can attend the STS this month. And the products are making me sick now, I switched to regular food and eating frequently, doing everything I did except not using Herbalife anymore and I feel great. All they wanted from me were volumes and money, I got nothing from them. I also "won" a spa day which I still didn't get and I won a t-shirt which I didn't get.

I am attending my last event on Sunday and only because I won the pizza party which is occurring after the event, so pizza is the only reason haha. After that, I'm done with them, done with Herbalife. It's a waste of money. There are so many fit and healthy people out there who are using real, clean food. If they can do it, I can do it. All these promises of trips and obsessing over things they "won" makes me sick. Also, trips they win, they paid for in a way because they have to buy products to collect volumes to qualify. So I don't understand how someone can be so brainwashed.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I have had a good experience with using the Herbalife products but I do not do the business. At first I didn't know if I could give up solid food at breakfast, and I don't always give it up, but I surely do enjoy my routine of having a cup of coffee in the morning and then a nice shake to start the day. I have to admit, I add things to the shake like peanut butter, a banana, or a squirt of flavoring that you use in water bottles to mix it up every now and then.

I am 55 and truly feel like my body responds very well to the Formula One Shakes products. My skin is very healthy, my weight is staying balanced, I have minimal menopause issues, and regarding my hair, I feel like it is thicker than it's ever been. I see that's peculiar because I've read some reviews where people's hair was actually falling out following using the products. I do not like the tea and don't even like the aloe so I pretty much stick with my shakes and the multivitamin. It's a simple plan but it works for me.

Original review: April 17, 2017

When I started on the Herbalife products. The first thing I noticed was headaches and itching. I was breaking out in hives so bad I couldn't sleep at night. Then my hair started to fall out. I call my coach. She told me that it's nothing she can do about it. Then the phone call ended from her, but when I was spending money with her she call me twice a week. I had to end up getting my hair cut like a boy. And that is depressing. I'm not use of short hair like this.

Herbalife Company Information