Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.03/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Noom is a personalized weight loss app with access to coaching in your pocket! Their habit changing solution includes meal-plans, snacks and exercise tracking designed to fit individual lifestyle. Their custom plans are created using your unique goals and needs, teaching you a lifetime of healthy habits. Take Noom's 30 second quiz and start your customized plan today!

BOTTOM LINE

Noom is a weight loss app developed by registered dietitians and nutritionists. Through the app, users can log their meals, snacks and activities and get personalized support.

PROS

• Personalized coaching
  • Community support
  • Inspires healthy eating habits
  • Free trial period

CONS

• Dieticians aren’t available 24/7
  • $45 monthly fee

What is Noom?

Noom is a mobile-based wellness program that encourages long-term healthy eating habits. Through the Noom app, you can get personalized, one-on-one coaching from a health expert, log meals and snacks, record your exercise sessions and track your weight loss progress. Dieters can also access interactive articles, quizzes and the Noom online community for motivation and support. Other Noom benefits include an in-app pedometer and a log for monitoring blood pressure and blood sugar.

How does Noom work?

Noom works by motivating you to change your behavior. It starts with a 30-second evaluation to determine your goals and needs. An algorithm then determines your individualized weight loss plan.

Noom dieters don’t have to worry about food exclusions or banned foods. Instead, foods are assigned a color — green, yellow or red — to indicate how much they help you reach your goal.

• Green: Green foods have the least calories and the highest amount of nutrients. Most green foods are vegetables and whole grains. Noom dieters can eat an unlimited amount of green foods.
    • Yellow: Yellow foods are less healthy than green foods but can be enjoyed in moderate proportions. Many yellow foods are starches, lean meats and dairy products.
    • Red: Red foods are the highest in calories and have the least healthy nutrients. Most red foods are red meats and dessert dishes. Red foods aren’t totally off-limits but should be eaten sparingly.

Users track what they eat, set goals and record progress through Noom’s mobile app. The app encourages you to set achievable goals and keeps you accountable during the 16-week program.

Noom programs

Noom has two programs: the Healthy Weight Program and the Diabetes Management Program.

• The Health Weight Program is made of four stages over 16 weeks: learning, practicing, advanced learning and mastery. Participants receive easy-to-follow tasks and track their progress through the app. Users also benefit from feedback and encouragement from their personal support coach and peers.
    • The Diabetes Management Program offers similar support but focuses on the carbohydrate content of the foods you consume. The diabetes program is recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which requires programs to meet certain criteria to qualify. These criteria include program participation, curriculum review and other success metrics.

Is Noom worth it?

Noom is worth it if you want to lose weight and don’t mind logging everything in your phone. A popular app among millennials, Noom gives many dieters the motivation and support they need to change their habits for the better.

Noom Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2020

I joined Noom almost 3 weeks ago and have lost 6 lbs. Weight has always been an issue for me and I have been on diets for 50 years. I am determined to take the weight off and keep it off for the last time. Noom teaches things that even if you have heard it before, it's put in a way that sticks. I enjoy my coaches, my team and the foods I can eat. I will stick with this and I know that I will be the loser; of my weight that is. I also want to say that I was charged $149.33 for 12 months. Much less than the $19.95 WW is charging. Great plan, great price and you do what you set out to do; Lose Weight.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I started this program in August and I was able to reach my goal of losing 30+ pounds back in January. I’ve seen other reviews talk about the monthly subscription charge and it specifically says it will charge you monthly and that you have to subscribe to use the app so I don’t understand why people are angry that they didn’t read before they signed up. Also read some reviews elsewhere saying it was difficult to navigate through the app and if you can’t do that then you shouldn’t be using any type technology because it is extremely easy to use!

It’s more than just a food logging app, it has articles to read that helps you understand how to lose weight and helpful guides and tips on how to be successful. It motivates you to be healthier and more active. This app has changed my life and it is worth every penny I spent on the subscription! If you aren’t ready to lose weight mentally then this app won’t work for you, but if you are determined to change your life it’s the best program out there because it doesn’t even feel like you're on a diet. It was extremely easy to lose weight over time and I couldn’t believe I lost so much weight in only five months!

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I started the program the first time in February 2019, after I weighed in at my heaviest and my energy was gone. I worked hard at it that first month. However, unexpected and tragic life circumstances took my focus away from the program. As my life calmed down, I started the program again on August 1st. I have stuck to the plan, took the advice seriously and the information was so helpful to keep me motivated and engaged. Noom gets deep into the issues and I discovered why I was struggling to have a healthy relationship with food, including limiting portions and not eating out of stress, boredom, or compulsiveness.

The way I plan my day's meals is now mindful. The way I shop for foods is mindful. I eat 1200 calories/day and feel that is what my body needs and what feels best. I am never so full that I feel miserable or guilty. I have learned moderation and mindful planning and eating helps me stay and feel more in control. I have lost a total of 55 pounds and feel great. I know more about calories than I ever thought I would! This is a lifestyle that will continue after my Noom subscription expires. It has totally changed my relationship with food. Noom works if you commit. But you have to be ready and willing to put in the effort. Dedicate to the program and trust the program. It works!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

This is a fantastic program for those that struggle with weight loss. Each week work on one goal and classes and facts given to you everyday about eating. No good food, bad food - weight loss at your own speed fantastic be slow fast or super fast. They call in tortoise hare or don’t know both because I am a tortoise. Just about to meet for 10 percent goal is fantastic. Try it. You won’t be disappointed from someone who joined ww every year. Omg. Have lost slowly 6 kilos 10 weeks. Others losing much faster.. go for it. Yes 159 they bill you but weightwatchers charges every month then you don’t have to worry. You get a group of people to inspire you, access to coach any time is fantastic in helping you make changes one by one. Really like it. Will be in for the year at least. Can’t wait Feeling better and better!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I had read some negative reviews and was skeptical, but decided to join the free trial program. I began losing weight immediately. The nutrition information was common sense, but it is what I needed to basically be mindful of what I was eating and how much. The readings about the psychological aspects of mindfulness, making choices, and feeling good about yourself were enlightening at first, but after 5 1/2 months, have grown old. There is a supportive online community of other participants, and group and individual coaches who pop in to see how things are going.

The green-yellow-red food ratings help to guide food choices, but may be too simplistic, as there are some red foods, like nuts, that in moderation, are nutritionally valid. Overall, I am very happy with the results. Could I do this on my own for free? Probably, but I tend to hold myself more accountable to something that I have paid for and that has a structured approach.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Noom?

Original review: March 20, 2020

I thought I was signing up for a $1 trial. There was no warning from Noom that trial would end, and I never even downloaded the app. Then they charged my credit card $159 and there is no way to contact them to cancel. There is a phone number online which just asks you to download the app and ask through the app. Even though you have not used their "program" they just take your money and run. Stay away from this company - it is just a money grab AND THERE IS NO WAY TO TALK TO A HUMAN BEING AT NOOM. 60 Minutes, you need to investigate.

Original review: March 19, 2020

In March 2020 I purchased a trial membership and a separate diet program. The cost was $51.25 for this. However, I found I could not access either the membership app or the diet program. I worked with "Noom Support" for two weeks via e-mail (they have no live chat and their 800 number provided no options I could use). Nothing that Noom support told me to do worked. I finally, after much frustration, asked for my money back. They refused. I live on Social Security so $51.25 is a lot of money for me but I wanted to start eating more healthfully. I wish I could have my services or my money back but they will not provide me with either.

Original review: March 16, 2020

ZERO STARS. The company has spent millions of dollars for advertising on TV and other media. I thought I was signing up for a $1 trial for a week. But less than a week time, they charged my credit card $159 and there is no way to contact them to cancel. There is a phone number online which just asks you to download the app and ask through the app. Even though you have not used their "program" they just take your money and run. All lies and false information being disseminated using advertisement that they bought on legitimate sources. Stay away from this company and is there a way to close down this company and bring them to justice?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Absolute worst mistake of my life: NOOM. They keep charging my credit card.... I cannot use the program (the phone number is the phone of my late husband, the phone does not have the programs on it to run the program) and have been unable to cancel it. There is no way to contact anyone or to cancel it you unless you download it. I cannot download it and have never used it but they keep charging my credit card. I am a disabled widow in mourning and am completely stressed out by what this company is doing to me.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I signed up for the two week trial period for $1 and on the fifteenth day I was charged $129 and signed up for four months without any further communication. THEY refused to refund me, change the enrollment plan or communicate with me outside of BOT responses. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION.

Original review: March 11, 2020

The app does ask you if you want to try it for free 2 week, during the first 2 weeks, there was no guidance or help at all, just a standard meal logging app (most are free). They they charged me $99 for a 2 month membership without asking if I enjoyed the trial!! I asked for my money back and they will NOT refund me. The application was live for 2 months and it still does not add any value and my account doesn't even appear to be turned on even though I paid. NOOM IS A SCAM!! Do not buy into it!!

Original review: March 10, 2020

Coaching doesn't work. At first I was excited as it looked like this could help me. Then it turned out to be like I was interacting with a robot. Slow responses and sometimes no response at all. I cancelled before the end of the trial because they just seem to want to get you past the trial and then you're stuck. Never got my "custom meal plan" trying to get a refund for that. You can't do anything on their website except sign up. All recipes are only available on the phone app. I tried installing to my iPad but it's not built for an iPad so it looks like a phone app on the iPad - lame.

To be fair, the daily advise is good and they provide sound advise on how to overcome eating disorders and to control food intake, but to say they have "coaching" is too much. It's not coaching when the coach doesn't respond or only responds with canned "atta boy!" platitudes. I'm going to check out the local company my doctor recommended which is going to cost ~$200 month but at least I'll actually speak with real human counselors and get real meal plans instead of having to hunt for recipes in their app.

Original review: March 7, 2020

Be careful if you sign up for the trial membership. If you read the agreement (which I stupidly did not - my bad!) you will automatically be signed up for 6 months and they will charge your card $149.00. I don't feel they were very upfront about this. I also think they are unrealistic with the how long it will take to reach your goal weight. There is no way their estimates are realistic.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Not what I expected at all. This isn’t a program to be “on”. I have been reading their stuff for 2 months. Not learning anything new, and nothing is personalized to you. What works for one didn’t for the other and this app doesn’t see that. Logging food is pointless. Nothing I log is in their color wheel. It’s 2 months and not added yet. For a simple calorie count, many other fitness apps work better. Refund policy is horrible. You don’t learn enough about the app in the first 14 days. It’s not until after that you get in to it, and then it’s too late. They charge you, can’t cancel, and can’t get a refund. It’s a scam in my opinion. I wish I could get my $159 back. I’d go somewhere else to get personal attention.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I can't speak to the actual product because I didn't use it; however, I did purchase the trial. I was under the assumption that my trial would give me guidance on diet, exercise, etc. Noom is initially deceptive because they let you choose your trial $$$ ($1, $3, $10) b/c they do not want finance to be a barrier, but don't let the smooth taste fool you. AFTER taking your money, they then inform you that if you want a nutrition or exercise plan, you are going to have to pay (the food plan was over $50). That immediately sent a red flag up for me. It should have been made clear before taking your money.

Just for my own satisfaction, I took the time to go back, make another profile (just to make sure they didn't say something and I missed it) and was further shocked by what I found. Not only did they say nothing about more money for an eating/exercise plan, the PRICE WAS DIFFERENT. My original plan was $99 for 2 months after the trial (which is outrageous considering without spending the "extra money" it's just a food logging app). The 2nd time I went through, the price after trial was $149 for 6 months! Shady to say the least. Additionally, if you didn't read the small print, you might not even know you were going to be billed an exorbitant fee after 2 weeks. I would be very wary when considering them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Just another app looking to take your money. Most of the information they provide is free on other programs. You will never be able to get your money back or speak to someone directly. Their customer service reps are abhorrent, and they can cancel the trial that you paid upfront for, for no reason. I hope this saves someone the frustration that I experienced, it is definitely not worth the hassle. The company literally do not care about you or your health or wellness. It's just about the SSS!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

It's literally just a diet app that you can get for free from other sites. Within 2 hours of signing up for the "Free" trial I was asked to "Donate" $10 because "People who invested money stick to it better". Really it's just to get your payment information for later undisclosed charges. After I realized it was a scam I looked for anyway to end the "Service" on my own. NOPE can't do it. I have to ask my "Health Coach" to do it for me and then she "Misunderstood" my request to terminate Noom. $300.00 dollars & 3 months later my husband asks me how the Noom is working because he never sees me on the app. Since I paid with his PayPal I had no idea they were continuing to charge me. Seriously don't take all of the (paid) bloggers advice on this. Noom is a scam.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

With a FB post this company firstly asks you to download the app and provide card details. They charge you £10 just to do this. Then the very same day the email you the receipt, telling you that the trial will expire in 2 weeks, and then £99 will be charged. After this? Nothing else! You don't like the app you cancel it and then you forget about this bad experience, but then at the end of trial (that you still paid originally £10) suddenly they charge you £99 without even telling you in advance, without reminding you your trial is expiring, without one receipt, forcing you to download again the app in order to cancel the subscription. I will take actions wherever possible. Be careful.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

When you sign up for this, it says that the trial amount is "optional" and that you should select what it is worth to you. I selected the $10 amount. It also says that you will receive notices before the trial period is up so you can cancel. NO NOTICE, I woke up this morning to a $149 PayPal charge. Luckily it is paypal so I can contest the charge. (I did). It literally is a food logging app. The "psychology" of it is that they ask you to decide which of 3 preselected answers, means that you are falling off the diet.

I looked at the app a couple of times in the first 10 hours I had it on my phone and then never opened it again. I go looking for the refund thing (trial ended on 2/19, it is 2/20 and the charge is on my paypal for $149) and it says "Refund policy. You can cancel any time within the trial period. Learn how to cancel here. We are unable to refund trial charges as well as charges that are processed after the trial period ends.".... So, no refunds ever. Even for dis-satisfaction, even though there is also an add for them that says you get a money back satisfaction guarantee.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I authorized a payment of $10.00. Next thing I knew $140.87 was debited from my bank account by NOOM. Since I paid using PayPal I’ve contacted them. However there has been no resolution as yet. Whether their product is any good I wouldn’t know. I would only suggest being very careful when dealing with them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

So this app costs 44 dollars a month and is JUST a food logging system which you can do for free or 9.99 on Weight Watchers. They advertise coaches and community and help reaching your goals, there is none of that! You cannot get in touch with anyone and they check in with you once a week! That is all. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! Or time.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I would not recommend this app to my worst enemy! They have zero customer service, no one ever gets back with you and it’s impossible to get a refund or cancel your subscription! They are out to get your money and that’s all they care about. I have had other companies that I have had auto renewal programs and I have had great customer service with them but not this one. It is the most frustrating experience I have ever had. Now I have to go cancel my credit card all because of these idiots! I’m feeling more and more like the idiot for trusting this program. Live and learn I guess.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Great advice, good delivery of articles. But what they sell, the support, is lacking. The coaches are not available as they imply. They regroup you without warning, based on the level of participation. I was an active participant, and we were placed in a group. Randomly, a few weeks in, when it was hardest, there were all these new people in our group. That felt jarring, and the coach was benign at best. I felt I was putting all this effort, and money, and it just felt like any random chat group. So no- for not that much more, I could have a coach that would really work out. That's how it felt, anyway. I was grateful for the good info, but in all honesty, it was basic info that could be found on the internet. Granted, it was delivered strategically, in small portions, but if their sell is coaching, yeah, you can the the same level joining most any FB health group for free, IMO.

Out of curiosity, clicked on their FB stress app sell, and it was set to a timer to join! Reminded me of their sell the first time, the "millenial" sell. Fool me once... :( Disappointed that it didn't work out, had high hopes for this company, should have known better with that level of sell. Good wares do not need that level of social media marketing.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Noom was advertised on TV, I started filling out the question and answers, and it all looked legitimate, so I agreed to free trial. As soon as I saw that there was a $159 fee attached I cancelled my subscription immediately. I never heard from them via email or app, to say I had accepted the program. They could not take the money out of my credit card until I actually had enough money in it, which happened yesterday. I then tried to contact them but when I rang the American number, no one answered. I sent them a text to call me, but no one has responded. I have contacted my bank and cancelled my credit card. NAB were very helpful, I hope they can get my money back. I just don't want this to happen to any more people, thousands of others have responded or signed up.

Yours sincerely Jo

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Joining is somewhat easy. My subscription was interrupted mid way through my time due to an error on their side. My "coach" checked in less and less... more of like an afterthought more than an encourager. I received a SURPRISE bill (auto renewal) on my AMEX this week and of course absolutely zero response from Noom when I reached out. I rely on customer service and seamless experiences, if you do as well...I would recommend going another route.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I tried a “free” introduction period from this company. Did not even participate in the program as not the right time for me. Tried to cancel via email with no response. They charged my PayPal account $159.00 prior to the intro. period expiration without notification. I finally received a text when I cancelled my subscription again. Many attempts to contact via same text message and emails requesting refund for a service I have never used go unanswered. Current dispute through PayPal is underway. Do NOT use this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

If you aren't savvy on your phone, don't do it. You HAVE to use an app. There's no way to get it on your desktop. There is no phone number you can call so if you have any issues at all, you have to use your app. For older people like myself, using the phone is difficult on my eyes. I just paid $129 and can't get a refund, and can't use it either.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I like Noom's theory and application of weight loss, but the app is terrible. New data from Noom would not download. Each day of the trial (I only lasted 4 days) I would have to delete the app from my phone and reload it from the cloud to get access to the days lessons, food logging, and weight logging. My coach nor Noom Support ever addressed or acknowledge the problems I was having with the App.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Noom is not worth the money unless all you need is someone to send you messages daily. I signed up for the trial subscription and then unfortunately dug a little deeper. I thought they were going to offer personal, pointed information directly associated with me. No, general guidelines and broad recommendations, so I changed my mind. Though they did stop the "negative option subscription" - a scam in itself, they will not refund my trial subscription in spite of their "no risk, no small print" cancellation policy statement. And I cancelled it the same day, within hours of signing up.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I made the mistake of seeing one of their ads and try to check out on Google. I was asked to download app & was given 3 choices & asked what I thought was a fair price to pay to access app, from memory it was $1 (which was only amount I was willing to pay to look at app) then $20, third choice was $100 (can't remember exact amounts except for $1 as that was what I was willing to pay for a look. I gave cc details and had a look at app but didn't think it would benefit me. I checked my account and only $1 was withdrawn, which was only amount I had authorised.

Fast forward about 2 weeks later, I was expecting my fortnightly annuity, which I rely on to purchase medications & living expenses. I went to purchase an item, believing my money in my account and was rejected. I checked my account & $160 had been withdrawn from my account by Noom! I was livid, I had not authorised any monies to be withdrawn (unless it was in fine print, where you cannot see). I complained. A response came back saying they apologise and will refund money back to my account.

Now, it's the third week & I am still waiting. I have even sent saying I have not received my the refund back to my account but no response. Noom have no contact number, have no complaint button on their website, only a feedback form which allows approximately 3 lines. So, if you want to complain, like I did, I had to send 6 feedback forms just to try & explain my complaint. Horror story! Be very very wary!,,,

Noom Company Information