Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

Noom is a personalized weight loss app with access to coaching in your pocket! Their habit changing solution includes meal-plans, snacks and exercise tracking designed to fit individual lifestyle. Their custom plans are created using your unique goals and needs, teaching you a lifetime of healthy habits. Take Noom's 30 second quiz and start your customized plan today!

BOTTOM LINE

Noom is a weight loss app developed by registered dietitians and nutritionists. Through the app, users can log their meals, snacks and activities and get personalized support.

PROS

• Community support
  • Free trial period
  • Personalized coaching

CONS

• Dieticians aren’t available 24/7

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

What is Noom?

Noom is a mobile-based wellness program that encourages long-term healthy eating habits. Through the Noom app, you can get personalized, one-on-one coaching from a health expert, log meals and snacks, record your exercise sessions and track your weight loss progress. Dieters can also access interactive articles, quizzes and the Noom online community for motivation and support. Other Noom benefits include an in-app pedometer and a log for monitoring blood pressure and blood sugar.

How does Noom work?

Noom works by motivating you to change your behavior. It starts with a 30-second evaluation to determine your goals and needs. An algorithm then determines your individualized weight loss plan.

Noom dieters don’t have to worry about food exclusions or banned foods. Instead, foods are assigned a color — green, yellow or red — to indicate how much they help you reach your goal.

• Green: Green foods have the least calories and the highest amount of nutrients. Most green foods are vegetables and whole grains. Noom dieters can eat an unlimited amount of green foods.
  • Yellow: Yellow foods are less healthy than green foods but can be enjoyed in moderate proportions. Many yellow foods are starches, lean meats and dairy products.
  • Red: Red foods are the highest in calories and have the least healthy nutrients. Most red foods are red meats and dessert dishes. Red foods aren’t totally off-limits but should be eaten sparingly.

Users track what they eat, set goals and record progress through Noom’s mobile app. The app encourages you to set achievable goals and keeps you accountable during the 16-week program.

Noom programs

Noom has two programs: the Healthy Weight Program and the Diabetes Management Program.

• The Health Weight Program is made of four stages over 16 weeks: learning, practicing, advanced learning and mastery. Participants receive easy-to-follow tasks and track their progress through the app. Users also benefit from feedback and encouragement from their personal support coach and peers.
  • The Diabetes Management Program offers similar support but focuses on the carbohydrate content of the foods you consume. The diabetes program is recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which requires programs to meet certain criteria to qualify. These criteria include program participation, curriculum review and other success metrics.

Is Noom worth it?

Noom is worth it if you want to lose weight and don’t mind logging everything in your phone. A popular app among millennials, Noom gives many dieters the motivation and support they need to change their habits for the better.

Noom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Noom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Noom?

Original review: April 29, 2020

I read some of these other reviews and I don’t understand why people are saying they didn’t know they would be charged after two weeks. When I signed up, I knew the exact day I would be charged for the two week trial. My on-line coach has talked to me every day and then I got transferred to a goal specialist who has been great. I asked for grocery shopping lists and they sent them to me. The app is super easy to use and I spend 5-10 a day reading the articles and working through my day on the app. It is much easier than other reviews are saying it is. Yes, it’s expensive but it’s cheaper than being on meds for health related issues or paying for a gym membership. The only thing I wish was different is not having to pay for a meal plan. I feel like it should be included in the price, at least for a month or so.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I started this program in August and I was able to reach my goal of losing 30+ pounds back in January. I’ve seen other reviews talk about the monthly subscription charge and it specifically says it will charge you monthly and that you have to subscribe to use the app so I don’t understand why people are angry that they didn’t read before they signed up. Also read some reviews elsewhere saying it was difficult to navigate through the app and if you can’t do that then you shouldn’t be using any type technology because it is extremely easy to use!

It’s more than just a food logging app, it has articles to read that helps you understand how to lose weight and helpful guides and tips on how to be successful. It motivates you to be healthier and more active. This app has changed my life and it is worth every penny I spent on the subscription! If you aren’t ready to lose weight mentally then this app won’t work for you, but if you are determined to change your life it’s the best program out there because it doesn’t even feel like you're on a diet. It was extremely easy to lose weight over time and I couldn’t believe I lost so much weight in only five months!

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I started the program the first time in February 2019, after I weighed in at my heaviest and my energy was gone. I worked hard at it that first month. However, unexpected and tragic life circumstances took my focus away from the program. As my life calmed down, I started the program again on August 1st. I have stuck to the plan, took the advice seriously and the information was so helpful to keep me motivated and engaged. Noom gets deep into the issues and I discovered why I was struggling to have a healthy relationship with food, including limiting portions and not eating out of stress, boredom, or compulsiveness.

The way I plan my day's meals is now mindful. The way I shop for foods is mindful. I eat 1200 calories/day and feel that is what my body needs and what feels best. I am never so full that I feel miserable or guilty. I have learned moderation and mindful planning and eating helps me stay and feel more in control. I have lost a total of 55 pounds and feel great. I know more about calories than I ever thought I would! This is a lifestyle that will continue after my Noom subscription expires. It has totally changed my relationship with food. Noom works if you commit. But you have to be ready and willing to put in the effort. Dedicate to the program and trust the program. It works!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

This is a fantastic program for those that struggle with weight loss. Each week work on one goal and classes and facts given to you everyday about eating. No good food, bad food - weight loss at your own speed fantastic be slow fast or super fast. They call in tortoise hare or don’t know both because I am a tortoise. Just about to meet for 10 percent goal is fantastic. Try it. You won’t be disappointed from someone who joined ww every year. Omg. Have lost slowly 6 kilos 10 weeks. Others losing much faster.. go for it. Yes 159 they bill you but weightwatchers charges every month then you don’t have to worry. You get a group of people to inspire you, access to coach any time is fantastic in helping you make changes one by one. Really like it. Will be in for the year at least. Can’t wait Feeling better and better!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I had read some negative reviews and was skeptical, but decided to join the free trial program. I began losing weight immediately. The nutrition information was common sense, but it is what I needed to basically be mindful of what I was eating and how much. The readings about the psychological aspects of mindfulness, making choices, and feeling good about yourself were enlightening at first, but after 5 1/2 months, have grown old. There is a supportive online community of other participants, and group and individual coaches who pop in to see how things are going.

The green-yellow-red food ratings help to guide food choices, but may be too simplistic, as there are some red foods, like nuts, that in moderation, are nutritionally valid. Overall, I am very happy with the results. Could I do this on my own for free? Probably, but I tend to hold myself more accountable to something that I have paid for and that has a structured approach.

Original review: July 8, 2020

My 16 year old joined, their app is too easy for minor children to join. What do you get for $360.00.. It is all advertising.. When trying to contact them There is no contact information. I feel this is a scam. Minor children can join by changing a number. They were quick to charge my account and before her trial was up.

Original review: June 30, 2020

DO NOT RECOMMEND. Many reasons. First their program states inclusive of PERSONALIZED DIET & EXERCISE PROGRAMS according to your personal likes/dislikes. #1 had to pay $49.00 extra for these. #2 I NEVER received them. #3 After several requests (with no responses) to have them sent to me I finally requested again to either send me these PERSONALIZED PROGRAMS I already paid for & to start my trial period after I did receive them so I could judge if the program was going to work for me under the conditions their program stated or cancel my program & refund me the $49.00 additional charges I already paid & not charge my cc for the program itself, they chose to NOT send me my PERSONALIZED PROGRAMS and cancel my program.

They did charge me for canceling which also was not stated. Even more importantly they state you are not restricted from eating any of the foods you like/normally eat. Really? NOT any MORE or ANY LESS than ANY/ALL other DIETS/DIET PROGRAMS. Their so-called ‘coaches’, their messages/responses seem nothing more than computerized messages. There’s much more, but instead, I’ll add, go to BBB site for more honest reviews.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I was expecting to have a reoccurring charge of $59.99/mo but was charged a multi-month of $169.99 and no way to dispute either through Noom or PayPal. AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH NOON, ESPECIALLY THE FREE TRIAL!!!!

Original review: June 25, 2020

This is a site that is supposed to be devoted to helping with body, health, and mind wellness. I signed up for the trial period, $10, and before I knew it, I was subscribed for $129. I never even logged on. I am sure that somewhere in the fine print it said this, but I sure didn't see it. I feel deceived and disappointed that this company needed to resort to this.

Original review: June 24, 2020
    This place is a scam. They tell you it’s one thing, and then it’s another. They asked me when I was doing the application, “How much will you like to pay?” Like $7, $10, I don’t remember. I was charged $162. And I was like, “Why am I being charged $162?” When I come to see their money is non-refundable, they don’t believe in that, I was just pissed. I was really pissed off. Please do not go to Noom. It’s not true. It’s all a scam. Don’t do it to yourself. It’s not worth it.

Noom Company Information