It's that easy Request Information
3.74/5

Weight Watchers

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

WW is Weight Watchers Reimagined, a proven weight loss program founded in the 1960s. Their membership includes online tracking, in-person meetings, and one-on-one personal coaching. WW is focused on improving overall health, not just weight. Their app helps track food intake and activity, find recipes, join local meetings and find support within the online community. They also offer a SmartPoints and FitPoints program so members can start earning and stay on track.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2516 WW (Weight Watchers) Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

I was working on the requirements for my employer to cover $25 a paycheck towards my insurance premium. I was to complete one of three options, two of which were easy: a physical at my doctor's office or a class on good sleeping habits. With all the medications I was on, I could have chosen the physical and called it good. The third was a 3 month trial of Weight Watchers.

I watched my mom struggle with her weight all my life, and not from lack of trying. Exercise, diets, nothing worked. I was her first born and never saw her healthy unless it was in old photos before she was pregnant with me. She developed diabetes and was on the Atkins diet only by necessity and had no weight loss. She finally lost 70 pounds by the time I was 21. The lap band surgery was what finally gave her what she'd wanted for two decades. It was stunning, but costly to her. It never taught her better habits that got her there, only forced her to eat much slower and much less at once. When the food inevitably got stuck above the band, it had to come back up. The constant acid up her throat damaged much of her vocal cords. My mom's singing voice was one of our family treasures. She was heartbroken at losing her ability.

I was gifted with a similar talent. I struggled with my own weight gains. I was terrified that I would have to give up my own singing voice in order to reach my previous state of health. Back to seeing that WW option. For free. I remember my grandma tried it and did well. She was the only person I knew who had. If my employer was willing to waste their money for three months when nothing happened and still pay part of my premiums, I felt I had nothing to lose. I had built confidence in myself that didn't rely on how I physically looked. It couldn't hurt to try it.

January 12th, 2018 I was 247 pounds. April 12th, I had lost 19.2 of them. That week my employer gave me an email thanking me for sticking with all three months. The same email informed me they were paying for the next nine months of my membership. I'd become convinced of the program's benefits a month before and was planning on paying it myself at the end of the three months. I was elated at this reward!

May 3rd I reached 25 down. In September, we had the first anniversary of our wedding. I was 38 down. April 5th, 2019 I was under 200 pounds. I hadn't seen that for at least 7 years. My husband woke up thinking something happened when he heard me yelling that morning. A month later I reached 50 pounds down. My dog's bag of food weighs 50 pounds, and I struggle to carry it.

My journey wasn't a total straight declining line. Whoever named them plateaus was a liar. Should have named them nauseous roller coasters. I've had FOUR of them... so far. At those times it boiled down to a waiting game and finding new ways to keep my physical confidence in myself high. I'm not ready to call it done. If I could choose an ultimate weight goal, mine would be 160 - the same as when I was 18. I don't have any baby weight to lose as I've never been pregnant. I'm only 35 pounds away as of May 19th. I've become a fan of my local thrift shop. I'll probably keep going there even after I no longer have clothes outgrowing me.

I finally found the contact info for those amazing souls who offered me the first three months on them. I'm working on sending them a big thank you. My husband has been in love with me and my body years before I started. This month he picked me up for the first time. He grins every time his arms wrap tighter around me than before. I see my face in the mirror and have found a long lost friend. Most of all, my biggest non-scale victory: I can still sing.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

WW is a blessing! It is not perfect, but what program out there works better?! I tried MANY and WW is the ONLY program that has worked for me. I am a Lifetime member and planning to attend the workshops as long as I am able. I have never been as healthy as I am now, and WW IS what has helped! It is AMAZING how making 200 foods worth 0 points actually ENCOURAGES one to eat more of what we SHOULD be eating already.

Now... in actuality, living "well" is a lifetime commitment. Life constantly throws at us "trials and struggles". Of course eating STILL happens THROUGH these challenges... and the workshops provide support with many ideas of how to stay well THROUGH these hardships. I learn something new almost every week! I learn of new recipes that break the boredom syndrome which results from overuse of normal meal plans. Even in Lifetime, EACH workshop brings something motivational, interesting, and encouraging to me. Living well is a lifetime commitment... so WW allows for lifetime accountability and encouragement from others (at no extra cost)... and even continues to reward you. If one does not care for the reward options, then one is welcome to donate their wins to someone in need. THAT is not a worthless reward but one with REAL meaning and more value than ANY of the other options combined!

WW is also a place to "give back" encouragement and help others along to "wellness" as one attends weekly workshops. If one follows the WW plan as taught, and "tracks" and eats as encouraged, plus follows through with other topics discussed in the workshops... like drinking minimally 6 cups of water, getting plenty of sleep, staying positive (which is encouraged in the workshops), exercising several times per week, eating plenty of protein-rich foods, and keeping accurate tracking of points in foods... then one will certainly be on their way to wellness that works! I'm am MORE than thankful for the WW program. It has CERTAINLY worked for me... Follow the program (meaning that you GO to the workshops and actually follow-through with what the coach encourages), and it WILL work for YOU!!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I am enjoying the WW online only experience. I find the tracking software easy to use. I also enjoy Connect, though I do not, as yet, post to it. I appreciate the recent efforts to restore civility and focus to Connect by providing guidelines for political posting. Though everyone says "scroll on by," it is a more pleasant atmosphere when there is not a plethora of angry posts bashing a particular political party, person or value. I do see that there is a limited angry backlash to new guidelines, but I believe many people also appreciate an attempt to keep Connect a positive place.

I would love to see the WW website Connect feature to become as fully functional as the phone app. Not all people live on an iPhone or android phone, and some actually prefer to use a personal computer. It would be nice to have the same "clickability" on the website for features such as looking up a particular Connect member, following and UNfollowing other Connect members, etc. It would simplify the experience.

As far as the WW program itself and the change from SmartPoints to Freestyle, I do see the struggle that has resulted for two groups in particular: Those who struggle with portion control. The zero points foods which are more calorie dense (chicken, fish, eggs, Greek nonfat yogurt, beans, corn, etc) can become problematic for those who struggle with controlling portion size. Free doesn't mean zero calories. I believe, from reading Connect posts, that many people have found their weight loss stalling on Freestyle.

Those who LOVE all the foods which transitioned to zero points on Freestyle. For some people, the new program meant a gentle re-structuring of their food preferences... pushing them to healthier choices. But, if a person already loved and frequently "budgeted" and ate those newly zero foods, I think it might have had the same effect as for those who struggle with portion control. Now a person suddenly has "extra points" simply by virtue of the choices they already regularly made becoming zero point foods... "freeing up" points to spend on things which might now be causing a stall in weight loss. (If that makes sense.)

Perhaps a workable process might be to have the healthy, yet calorie dense foods be zero points for a first serving, and have points when more than 1/2 cup, or 3 oz (for example) is consumed. Don't know if that complicates things too much. Those are my thoughts!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I am writing to you to celebrate a long time goal (not WW goal yet but planning on making it to LIFETIME) that I was doubting myself. I FINALLY made it to 179 after been stuck in 180-184 for over 1 year and the scale has not budged. To be honest some of it was my fault and not totally being true to the plan, others reasons are that I didn't have my head in the game totally. Without seeing any movements on the scale and other reasons I didn't track honestly. Also I used to be at a size 18 jeans pushing bigger if I didn't stop myself. Now I am in a size 14 and those are now loose and falling down with having to get a smaller size. I'm not sure if I can get into a size 12 yet. But if I do that is the smallest size that I have wore and that we back in High School. UPDATE: I can wear a size 12!!!!!

I have a bunch of reasons now which is I am proud of MYSELF for where I am at now versus where I started at. I started Weight Watchers at my all time highest weight at 217 and I am 2 pounds from a 40 pounds loss. This makes me want to cry happy tears. I first joined Weight Watchers back in 2006 and never stayed on it very long just to get my 16 weeks and 10%. (that old charm holder that looks like 10%) I have been previously been borderline diabetes and with losing weight I have defeated that for a long time. I have been for over 1 year right in the normal range. It runs in my family on both sides so I was told that I choose when I get it our if I get it. It took a long time to really take care about myself.

I started this back in February 2016 and other people doubted me and said that I couldn't do it. Plus other people at my work back then started a diet of their own choice. Then shortly after I joined and I was keeping my eye on the prize. They ALL ended up stoping their diet and then I got the normal why are you paying to loose weight? Well my why was cause I did it before years ago but fell off the wagon hard. But I kept going on the path cause I wanted to prove them wrong and that I could do it; but now I am happy to say that I am doing this for me and I don't care what anyone things.

I was focused on the number on the scale versus how my clothes fit, how I feel, and you know all the other things like we all have felt once we got there. I had some bad habits like just taking cookie dough out of the fridge and eating it like a snack, eating in my car tubes of frosting, 2-3 donuts in one sitting. I look back at that now and think “ Why did I do that to myself I only made it worse and harder to work off after how many times that I did that”.

I have a great leader and our corner of friends at the meeting every Saturday that I go weigh in. I have a great family support of my husband that keeps me in check if I like it or not, and close friends that hasn't had doubts. I have other friends that have helped me through this and seen them get to goal. I also have a great accountability partner Kathleen we have stuck together no matter what type of week we have we communicate everyday multi times a day. We keep each other going. She has became a close friend to me like another family member.

I also have just finally be able to get my wedding ring past my knuckle. I haven't been able to do that until now. I thank you for believing in me while I didn't believe in myself but I am happy to say I am in the game and not giving up this feeling at all. I also just signed up for to run my 5K in Maryland in November this year. I am in training to prepare for it. In closing this is what my why would be other than the common things family and feeling better about myself. I have never put thought of what or how I would put my why. I did not intend for this to be this long but more came out while I was thinking and makes me think of how far I have came from the start.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I love the Smart Point Program and the shared recipes on WW. Connections is a great way to meet others and listen to their stories. I enjoy the interaction and hearing the stories. What I don't like is the lack of communication about the Lifetime program. There should be a written document detailing how to become a Lifetime Member and how to maintain that level of membership. Here's why: I joined online with a coach because I live in the Rocky Mountains. The nearest WW meeting is an hour away from me and it was at 5:30 PM. During the winter months, I do not drive at night due to icy conditions, wildlife, and distracted drivers. So, I joined online with a coach for the first three months.

Through Connections, I started noticing that some members were becoming Lifetime Members. So, I asked my coach about that. Her response was that once someone hits goal, they become a Lifetime Member. Nothing was said about having to do this at an actual meeting and the goal had to be maintained for 6 consecutive weeks. So, when I hit my goal in June of this year, I announced that through Connections. But then WW kept charging me for membership. So, I called in and the customer service rep explained the process. So, now I'm on the monthly plan and attend meetings once a week. I am at goal but have to do the 6 weeks.

While I was registering for the first time, another woman apparently had the same negative experience I had. She too had joined online, reached her goal, was still being charged for WW, and called in to talk to a customer service rep. She, however, was not told that as a Lifetime Member, she still had to weigh in once a month. A quiet argument ensued between this woman and the WW gal. I felt sorry for the WW gal as it wasn't her fault. So, a clear, concise page that explains how the Lifetime Program works would take care of members not understanding the program, and your staff wouldn't be subject to irate customers. I think WW owes this to its members and to its staff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WW (Weight Watchers)?

Original review: June 15, 2019

I joined WW in March. I've struggled with sugar addiction for many, many years. My last EKG was not great. I'm 66 and have several health issues. Chronic kidney disease; my left hip has been replaced and revised twice, due to a birth defect; reconstruction surgery on both of my feet, which wasn't successful. My toes are numb from the surgery that makes my balance unsteady. And, I've managed to injure my AC ligament in my left shoulder.

I've lost and gained the same 3 pounds for these 3 months and I can't get moving. Oprah's letter about numbers spoke to me. I can't get motivated. I used to be active. Now weights are out until my shoulder heals. I'm getting PT for that. My numbers need to improve greatly. I can't afford a trainer, which is probably what I need. We're retired and income is very limited. I want to be successful. 20 pounds is my goal and it should be easy but I'm just too tired. We're leaving to visit family on Tuesday for a month. I'm concerned of putting more weight on. And then there's the inadequacy of being around family members. I'm sure my story isn't unique and many have conquered their issues. I just don't know how to conquer mine. I want to be a success story and not a failure. Thank for allowing me to come to you for help. Best. Debra **

Original review: June 14, 2019

I joined WW approximately 3 or 4 weeks ago. I love it! It took the first week or so to understand the app. I tell everyone about it. And I’ve lost 10 lbs.! I truly think this is a program I can live with. ❤️

Original review: June 14, 2019

I signed up for WW to try it out. I found the app to always be freezing and logging me out. I tried to cancel the day of the automated charge coming out and called to ask if they could cancel my membership and refund me since the transaction was that day and I had not used nor was I planning to use it again. The customer service rep was very rude. Kept trying to repeatedly convince me not to cancel for about 5 min. I asked to speak to her manager and was basically laughed at and told they can’t speak to me. She put me on hold for another 10 min and I told her I would continue to wait. After another 10 min they said I should continue to wait. I still have yet to speak to someone in charge. I would hope a company like Weight Watchers would have better customer service. Instead they were condescending and rude and laughed at my concerns. Stay away from this company!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I have recently re-joined WW and am thoroughly enjoying it. The very first time I joined was approximately 1985 and have been on and off the program many times since then. I know it is the most successful program out there and it is 'all me' when it is not working. It is truly a lifestyle and you have to be on top of things all the time for it to work. The best part for me is that nothing is off limits, you just have to work around any poor choice you might make along the way. The other aspect that I am really enjoying is the coaching and support we receive through Connect. It is nice to follow people who have similar issues and share in each other's successes.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I really do love the WW App. It is very easy to use, much better than other apps I have tried. I have lost 20 lbs since March of 2018 when I started. It was really hard to adjust my eating habits at first, but once I got the hang of it, I started to see a change. I get loads of compliments now! The reason why I gave 4 out of 5 stars is this, I am an App user only, and I do not get the little key rings and such for losing weight as I went. I do not think that is fair because I am very good at logging my meals and activities (except I just had surgery so logging activities lately!).

Original review: June 11, 2019

After being on one of the old Weight Watchers diets many years ago and then on different diets since then, I was skeptical if the Smart Points system would work well. I was pleasantly surprised (at age 73) how I was able to work it, using the app made it so easy.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have always felt Weight Watchers was an up-front kinda company. They want you to be successful and teach you how to. Unfortunately their business marketing model is a greedy and fraudulent one of late. I had success on the plan but needed to cancel my membership due to financial concerns in August of 2018. I spoke to a kind representative on the phone and he said I was all squared away and my membership was cancelled. He then said he would give me 30 days free to see if I wanted to come back. The way I understood it, it was up to me to re-subscribe after that - HOWEVER - after the 30 days they began charging my bank account each month. I was not aware that I was being charged, should I be blamed for not checking my bank statement each month?

In June of 2019 I noticed the charges and called completely confused and was told that it was my job to call back and cancel after the 30 days. What? Why would I call to cancel and then want to call 30 days later to cancel again?? The membership isn't THAT great! At first I was told I would not be refunded at all, after speaking to a supervisor I continued to argue my case until she offered 3 months, then 4 months and finally 6 months reimbursement. I am appreciative of the return of some of my money but I am disgusted with the model of luring someone to accept charges for something they don't want.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Daughter and I were doing great, then WW change program to Freestyle and it's been a disappointing struggle. On a FB WW support page I follow it appears those who started on Freestyle are doing great, however, a majority of those who had to switch to FS, are struggling to succeed. Not happy that WW changes their plan with no option to stay on program you joined on. Should be an option within the WW app.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I signed up about six weeks ago because a coworker had good results. I understand points and easy to look up but no one explained anything, not weekly rollover tracking fitness, How much water to have. I have just had to try and figure out on my own.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have been on Weight Watchers diet for just a little under a month. At 72, healthy, active and 6 pounds gained this past year, I decided enough is enough. The gain followed the death of my brother, Jim. I found myself eating huge snacks at night when I have never been one to snack at night. I knew WW was the way to go. My daughter is my role model. She has been living Weight Watchers this past year and looks fantastic. So far, I have lost just over 5 lbs., clothes fit fine and I feel better. This is no longer a diet for me but a way of life making better choices, especially at night while snacking. Thank you.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I saw my primary care physician in April. She wasn't overly concerned with my weight but because I am Type 2 diabetic she suggested I eat healthier and said WW was the best plan out there for a healthy life style, I came straight home and joined. Best decision I have made in a long time. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks and I have lost, before weigh-in tomorrow, 12 lbs. Eating much healthier but still having a treat each day and very aware of what I purchase at grocery store. Love the bar code scan on WW website!!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I love the checks and balances (point system). It helps me to know what I should and should not be eating. Even though I don't always adhere to it, at least it's a constant reminder of where I am, and where I should be. I live in the country, so to speak, and the closest WW's outlet is 40-46 miles away. So, going to meetings is not a luxury for me. I have to admit, another problem I have is, I don't really have time, or the resources, to sat around and plan meals, so that is a hindrance as well. However, I intend to stick with it as long as I can, and try to become more knowledgeable of the system. I am also trying to get more effective at finding the right things to eat.

Original review: June 10, 2019

When using the food measurements on the mobile app I find the font to be very hard to read, it's too small. It would be very helpful to increase the size so these old eyes can read the measurements. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

I went thru the proper channels to cancel my membership before my 3 month trial was up. I received an email that my membership would be cancelled "but how about a free month on them". So I agreed to a free month, thinking I would not be charged. However, I was charged $19.95 for this. When I called customer service, they told me because I agreed to this, it reset my preferences and started the membership over again. They would not refund me the $19.95. This is just wrong - nowhere did it say if I agree to a free month would this restart me on the program. Very upset and feel I was just taken for $19.95 and nothing I can do about it.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We appreciate the time you have taken to reach out to us, Sandra. Our sincerest apologies for your experience regarding our free month offer. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out shortly. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I am starting my 6th week with WW and I am thrilled that I have lost 9.2 pounds! I did WW back in 2003 or so and as I got closer to goal weight there was no way to eat so few points. I absolutely love that this plan trains you to rely on whole foods and if I am hungry I have only myself to blame since I always have plenty of healthy zero points foods to eat! I can see how at the end of this journey I will know how to rely on lean proteins and fruits and vegetables with a few treats here and there. This is the way I want to eat for the rest of my life.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

Need sodium count in WW App; scanner in app is only partially functional; I find lots of errant info posted in Connect part of app... Haven't found any way to report this to admins; have found wildly varying point counts for some items.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Your feedback is important to us and we want to ensure all of your concerns are resolved, Carol. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you here. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I am currently a Junior in college and have started WW about a month ago. I have never found or been on a program that has worked better for me and my lifestyle. I have struggled with my weight ever since I was a little kid but it has gotten to the point that I really wanted a lifestyle change. I have tried Keto, Paleo, Nutrisystem, Slim 4 Life, you name it I probably tried it. Nothing has worked as good as WW has for me. I never feel like i am on a diet. I can truly go out on dates and get what i want and still loose weight that week! It has taught me not just how to lose weight but how to eat right and what it looks like to be healthy but still get to live. I have told everyone I know about WW and have encouraged so many friends to try it because I personally think it is the only program that truly works and will keep the weight off.

Original review: June 10, 2019

When I see a WW recipe online I would like to try why don't you have a print symbol? I usually can print recipes I would like to try but this morning I read your article about filling foods. The article happened to include some wonderful salad recipes so I tried to print and could not. Really WW? To belong to WW is not cheap so we should not have to hand write a recipe we would like to try for our family. The other thing that needs improvement is building a recipe in the computer takes too long. Also older WW books with old points; there should be an easy way to update these to the new points?

Original review: June 10, 2019

The first time I joined Weight Watchers was back around 1980. I was about 25 lbs overweight and my goal weight was 123 lbs. I was a young adult. Back then you had to weigh and measure everything and eating out was difficult to calculate. I had to count servings of protein, fats, grains, dairy, organ meats and I can't remember what else. I lost all my weight and became a lifetime member. Fast forward through 2 marriages and 2 children later and my weight fluctuated over the years because I stopped attending meetings (currentluly referred to as workshops).

Finally during the summer of 2016, I decided it was time for me to do something about my weight. I was at the heaviest in my life. 239.5 lbs, I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and being pre-diabetic. I started eating clean food, cutting out all added sugars and processed carbs and was able to drop 50 lbs. I got bored and switched to the KETO diet and dropped another 25 lbs. Then I realized, for me, that KETO wasn't sustainable for long term. It was difficult eating outside my home, without gaining weight. I decided to go back to Weight Watcher's, now called WW because I know it works and is sustainable for life.

I rejoined on May 11th, have lost 8.8 lbs and am very happy with the choice I made. Going to workshops helps a lot. There is a freeing feeling to know that I am making better choices in the food I eat and how I live my life. I am no longer on cholesterol medication and I am no longer pre-diabetic. I have created a collage of photos that range from my high school yearbook photo through my 75 lb weight loss. Wellness truly Wins with WW!

Original review: June 10, 2019

WW is so much easier to follow now and I have been successful. Weighing in weekly does help. I like the woman that runs the meeting. I have mentioned to friends and Family how easy the program is, how successful I have been.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have really enjoyed attending the WW meetings and logging my food daily. I've lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks even with eating more than my daily points allowed on some days. However, I exercise and have linked my Fitbit to my WW account, and the exercise is key. For me, as a pre-diabetic, my nutritionist wants me to watch carbs and many of the 0 pt foods such as fruit are over my carb limit. Also, the packaged snacks and food that WW sells are too high in sugar and carbs for me, but I think they are ok for people that aren't pre-diabetic. My nutritionist wants me to avoid as many carbs as I can, but I have a hard time balancing the benefits (and low pts) of whole grains such as farro, brown rice, legumes etc. that WW allows and recommends w/the carbs. It would be wonderful if WW came up with a pre-diabetes plan b/c the reality is that 1 out of 3 Americans are pre-diabetic.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I finally decided to try the online membership. I have severe arthritis and need knee replacements but my doc won't do it until I lose some weight. I am ROCKING this program, happy to say! 20 lbs so far (not even 2 months) and counting, and tracking couldn't be easier. Two things I love are: I get to COOK (was a chef for many years), develop my own recipes, and my active lifestyle counts! I am a dog rescuer and gardener and those two things keep me in fitpoints each week. I am not a "joiner" generally so going to meetings did not appeal. So glad WW developed an online way to do the job! Thank you!

Original review: June 10, 2019

This is the first weight loss program I have ever tried and I’m VERY pleased. I really like the WW app and tracking my points for the each meal. It has really helped me to stay on track and most importantly, lose weight! I also really gained a lot from the weekly workshops. They have helped me to focus on 1 thing each week: protein, strength training, gratitude, etc. I’m also enjoying trying some of the recipes. Lastly, the snacks are yummy and also help me to incorporate treats and still stay on track.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

When I signed up, a free gift of a Welcome Kit was offered. When it never came, I was told I signed up for the wrong plan. I asked to have that corrected. I was told that offer was no longer available. It sounds like false advertising. I am disappointed in the company practices. I do like the program, but I don’t like to support companies with deceptive practices. I will decide to continue with the discounted period expires. It is a shame too. I do like the program, but you shouldn’t try to trick people.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We appreciate your feedback and your concerns are important to us, Kathy. We will be reaching out to you shortly in hopes of speaking with you.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I love all of the staff at my meeting... They are so helpful and check on you and keep you connected with facebook and text messages. I am down 9 pounds in 3 weeks. Very happy with my journey so far...

WW (Weight Watchers) expert review by JJ Virgin

Food and activity is digitally tracked starting at $4.22 a week with access to online recipes, a members-only community and 24/7 expert chat. In-person workshops and personal coaching is optional.

• Food choice flexibility: The SmartPoints system assigns all food and drinks a number and each user a personalized budget. More than 200 foods (like fruits and vegetables) are zero points and don’t have to be tracked or measured.

• Rewards program: A free WellnessWins rewards program allows members to earn points for everyday healthy behaviors, like meal tracking, activity and weight loss. Rewards include clothing, gift cards and accessories.

• Eat packaged food: Scan the barcode of packaged food with the Weight Watchers’ app to determine its SmartPoints value and add it to your diet.

• Personalization: Work on your own or opt to attend weekly group workshops in your area or interact online with a coach of your choosing, available for unlimited one-on-one phone sessions.

• Shop online or in stores: Weight Watchers’ brand products, including food and snacks with assigned SmartPoints values, are available online or in grocery stores nationwide.

• Best of those who like to cook: Members can access a growing database of over 4,000 recipes filtered by meal time, SmartPoints value, prep time and dietary needs.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

WW (Weight Watchers) Company Information