Call toll free
4.11/5
Based on 1,074 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Weight Watchers is a proven weight loss program founded in the 1960s. Their membership includes online tracking, in-person meetings, and one-on-one personal coaching. Weight Watchers is focused on improving overall health, not just weight. Their app helps track food intake and activity, find recipes, join local meetings and find support within the online community. They also offer a SmartPoints and FitPoints program so members can start earning and stay on track.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1743 Weight Watchers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I really like Weight Watchers. They teach you how to live with life's eating decisions instead of just dieting and there is more to life than just food. The support from others that are having the same issues is phenomenal! The leaders are very inspiring and make the meetings fun.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I have had an incredible experience joining Weight Watchers. I feel supported and cared about when I get weighed in and attend meetings each week. I do have to say though, a week ago, there was a change. The stickers for weigh-ins were taken away, and “bravo” stickers were also taken away. I believe that these are both very important pieces to member’s successes and should be reimplemented, or something new, but comparable, should take the place of them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

This is my second time on WW. So far I’m losing weight and I’m changing my diet while still taking time to indulge. I love it so far! My only advice is for the app to have an easy spot to log your water intake. Overall it’s simple to use and works great with my Apple Watch!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Have struggled with weight loss for many years, bouncing back and forth, losing interest and boring foods. Started Freestyle a month ago, lost 16lbs so far and really loving the program. The key for me is the WW app that holds me responsible and I can really see my progress as well as view my food selections to eat healthy. I never go over my daily points and have not used my weekly bank, but am really satisfied from choosing the right meals. This is making me very positive with high hopes and a change in my lifestyle. Lovin it!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I love the new freestyle program on Weight Watchers. It's so much easier than the old way although I did lose 55 lbs after the birth of our daughter on the old program. This new Freestyle allows for more options and less tracking. I love it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weight Watchers?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I started WW to lose weight to be able to have spinal surgery performed to alleviate numbness and severe pain in my lower extremities. This is the 2nd surgery stemming from being hit by a vehicle as a LEO. I never expected the results that I have been seeing and the goals that I am achieving. I only wish that I had joined six months ago. My meeting group are a great bunch of people and are extremely supportive, our coach is awesome and a excellent motivator as well.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Blood pressure was 200/100 when I started the program. Have lost 17 lbs in a month and bp is now 137/71. I still have another 77 lbs to go but with the app and the Freestyle program it is a snap to follow. Would recommend and have recommended to everybody. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

At 6 weeks with WW I am finding such value in attending the meetings. The other participates offer great ideas and encouragement! Lisa our instructor really has a knack for making everyone feel comfortable! She is great at helping everyone open up and share.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I LOVE the new Freestyle program! I have had success with Weight Watchers in the past, but with this new program I know I will have lifelong success. Having so many free foods really helps me feel like I’m not on a diet. I’m really enjoying my weight loss journey.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I love the ease. There is great support with the chat options. I live the partnered with Aldi. The foods I buy are in the tracker. I have lost 18 pounds and plan to continue since I track it all on my phone.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The Weight Watchers point system is an easy to understand and effective way to deal with my diet issues. So far over the first five weeks I have consistently lost weight and have my goal in sight. I'm glad I heard about Weight Watchers from a friend.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I love the Smart Point Program and the shared recipes on WW. Connections is a great way to meet others and listen to their stories. I enjoy the interaction and hearing the stories. What I don't like is the lack of communication about the Lifetime program. There should be a written document detailing how to become a Lifetime Member and how to maintain that level of membership. Here's why: I joined online with a coach because I live in the Rocky Mountains. The nearest WW meeting is an hour away from me and it was at 5:30 PM. During the winter months, I do not drive at night due to icy conditions, wildlife, and distracted drivers. So, I joined online with a coach for the first three months.

Through Connections, I started noticing that some members were becoming Lifetime Members. So, I asked my coach about that. Her response was that once someone hits goal, they become a Lifetime Member. Nothing was said about having to do this at an actual meeting and the goal had to be maintained for 6 consecutive weeks. So, when I hit my goal in June of this year, I announced that through Connections. But then WW kept charging me for membership. So, I called in and the customer service rep explained the process. So, now I'm on the monthly plan and attend meetings once a week. I am at goal but have to do the 6 weeks.

While I was registering for the first time, another woman apparently had the same negative experience I had. She too had joined online, reached her goal, was still being charged for WW, and called in to talk to a customer service rep. She, however, was not told that as a Lifetime Member, she still had to weigh in once a month. A quiet argument ensued between this woman and the WW gal. I felt sorry for the WW gal as it wasn't her fault. So, a clear, concise page that explains how the Lifetime Program works would take care of members not understanding the program, and your staff wouldn't be subject to irate customers. I think WW owes this to its members and to its staff.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The Weight Watchers online weight loss program is very user-friendly. Since starting in July, I have lost 7 pounds. Tracking is key! We tend to eat more food in a day than we think. I am making healthy choices each day. I feel great!!!

Weight Watchers response

We are so ecstatic to hear about your weight loss success so far, Adele! Keep up the amazing job you're doing! You've got this!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

There is not much support for diabetic people. Granted they encourage weight loss through good eating. Need support for people that also have health issues that need to lose weight. People are that work there are wonderful. Bad thing is some facilities don’t have convenient times for their meetings. Also they are promoting their food which I don’t care for, they are expensive.

Weight Watchers response

We appreciate the time you've taken to reach out, Mark. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to speaking with you.

--Weight Watchers Resolution Team--

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I enjoy the meetings (every Saturday morning at 7 A.M.) and find them very helpful. I am finding it difficult to lose weight - probably because of my age - in spite of the fact that I work out 6-7 days a week. I have found some really good breakfasts recipes - quick, easy, and delicious!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I love the WW Freestyle program and have seen some success on it (this is my 3rd time joining WW). I believe that this is the easiest of the plans for me, personally, to follow because it allows me more freedom to include fun food on occasion and balance those out with zero points foods... it definitely has made it more like a lifestyle change than a diet. I like the emphasis on REAL foods rather than processed, and less sugar. Be warned, though, that if you switch from Online Only to Meetings (like I did recently), you might get your weight history erased thus erasing your pounds lost! I worked so hard to lose what I have lost so far, so I was really discouraged when that happened. I have had to contact support three times and am still waiting on a resolution to this problem. :( Despite this experience, I do highly recommend the WW program, it will change your life if you give it a chance!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I appreciate Weight Watchers for their healthy balanced approach to weight loss. I’m a vegetarian and this Freestyle program includes foods I can incorporate into my eating style. I use with Fitness Pal because I prefer some of the tracking features on their free app.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Knew I needed to get back on track. WW offers the only program that is a lifestyle, not a fad. Leaders are great. If I slip up (as we all do), leaders offer encouragement and never berate you. They know everyone is human. We get back on that Eagan and ride to healthy success.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Hello, my name is John ** and I have lost 20 pounds so far. I think that the freestyle program is very do-able because of free foods (foods that you don’t have to measure or weight). The scanner tool helps when I am grocery shopping too.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I’ve tried WW in the past, but wasn’t successful. I didn’t want to go to meetings, and the app was hard for me to use. Now the app is user-friendly and so thorough that it makes it really easy. There are Facebook support groups, so I don’t feel like I need the meetings. I’ve lost 10 pounds in a month and finally feel like I can stick with it.

Weight Watchers response

Thank you, Nancy, for providing your experience with your weight loss and wellness journey with Weight Watchers! We wish you continued success going forward!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The new program is easy to follow. I love the app and my leader is fun and energetic. I look up menus on the app besides recording what I have eaten. My Garmin connects automatically for activities. The meetings are motivating.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I have done WW several times, beginning in 1990... when I started gaining middle-age weight, and have to keep at it consistently. The transition from counting calories to points was confusing to me, but the “adjustment” was removed by going online and zapping the bar code while grocery shopping. I have been running for 30 years and now I win races in my age group b/c so few women over 70 still race (ho ho).

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Went to group meetings for a few weeks and didn't really connect with the leader. I was losing weight and then I was in a period when my weight was up and down. I felt like I needed to get back on track so I signed up for coaching. Knowing that I am accountable to someone other than me is motivating. I've had the flu so I've lost weight but I started losing as soon as I started focusing. I really like the program. Probably won't continue coaching - it's kind of expensive - but will definitely start again if I lose my focus.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The WW products (snack and food/drink items) are very irresponsible, full of toxins and basically bad news. The app has its ups and downs. Since the latest release, it’s impossible to add items to previous days: although you change the date, it ends up adding it to “today” - very annoying. Lastly, the program is expensive. I “downgraded” to online only (app) because I could no longer justify the monthly price that includes meetings. Even to just use the app, it’s a lot of money every month to just look up points and track them.

One last thing: the meetings are inconsistent. I always went to the one in Coral Gables (Miami), Florida and not once did I get recognized or given anything to celebrate my weight loss. When I was on a trip and decided to go to the meeting in NYC, they told me I had met a milestone and gave me a charm. I asked what it was for and she explained me that we are supposed to get charms for a keychain every time we hit a milestone. That was news to me! The lady then gave me a whole bunch of them as she could see the ones I had missed (5%, 10% etc). Very sad, the ones in Miami obviously don’t care about these small gestures.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I've been on Weight Watchers since July 18th. I have consistently lost 1.5 lbs per week. I don't feel hungry or deprived. I like the discipline of being accountable for everything I eat and my activity level. I have been on Weight Watchers several times over the past years and it's always what I turn to when I need a weight loss program.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I love the new Weight Watchers plan. I have been a member of WW several times over the years, but I always become discouraged and quit. With the new plan, I have lost more weight, faster than ever before. I never feel hungry because of the Zero Points foods that we’re allowed. And I’m losing weight at the same time. I know that I will make it to goal this time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I have been on and off with WW. This time the program is amazing and works well with me. I had to make several adjustments after I was diagnosed with cancer last year and WW is my new beginning. I am cancer free and want to be healthy for my family. WW is helping me so much!

Weight Watchers response

We are so happy to hear you are cancer free now, Caryn! We wish you great success with your weight loss and wellness journey! Fight the good fight!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I like the freestyle program because it's very flexible but the weight is not coming off like it did before on the old programs. I wish there was a way we could choose what program we want to use. If a program is working, I don't understand why it gets changed.

Weight Watchers response

Thank you for taking the time to reach out, Kristina. Your success is very important to us. We will reach out to you privately to assist.

--Weight Watchers Resolution Team--

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Losing weight but something has happened to my subscription. I will have to reopening it on 9 September be I’ll do so as the program works. I am adjusting to living within the recommended points balance. Love the ability to chose zero point foods. Finding point values for foods has been almost problem free.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I just came off of low carb of 2 years (lost 100 pounds) and had HORRIBLE food anxiety! I’ve lost 12 pounds but no more food anxiety!! Best thing that’s ever happened to me is Weight Watchers! It’s made me a better wife & mother!

Weight Watchers expert review by JJ Virgin

Founded 50 years ago, Weight Watchers assists members in losing weight by forming helpful habits, eating smarter, getting more exercise and providing support.

• Buddy system: Studies show people who pair up with like-minded groups or friends attain better fat loss (and keep it off better) than those who go it alone. For anyone who needs group support – either in person or online – Weight Watcher is top notch.

• How does Weight Watchers work?: Weight Watchers assigns "points" values for every food and helps you set a goal for how many points you should consume daily. This system means you can make low-point choices throughout the day in preparation for a special meal or event instead of having to forgo the extra calories because of your diet. Consumers looking for a budget-friendly option can simply purchase Weight Watchers brand food products at their grocery store or mass retailer and follow the plan's basic diet, which is available online.​ Those who want more support can join the program, which offers individuals plans including options like a smartphone-based app for tracking food and activities, in-person weekly support meetings, online community support and one-on-one coaching via text messaging or telephone.​

• Digital tools: High-tech apps and digital tools increase compliance and accountability and make it easier for you to track your progress and stay motivated. Tech-savvy folks will find these valuable and even enjoyable.

• Flexibility: The program allows flexibility to eat real food, allows people to maintain their social lives, and makes losing weight easy even with the busiest schedule without deprivation. Since no food is forbidden, you simply modify portion sizes to fit their PointsPlus® system.

• Food philosophy: Weight Watchers is designed to be a lifestyle approach to food, so no foods are considered off limits. While this philosophy could become a slippery slope for people who have problems with cravings for certain unhealthy foods, it can also help by encouraging moderation and accountability for food choices.

• Best for: new moms, college students, busy adults, teens, older men, older women and former athletes.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin

Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Weight Watchers Company Information

www.weightwatchers.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business