It's that easy Request Information
3.84/5

Weight Watchers

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

WW is Weight Watchers Reimagined, a proven weight loss program founded in the 1960s. Their membership includes online tracking, in-person meetings, and one-on-one personal coaching. WW is focused on improving overall health, not just weight. Their app helps track food intake and activity, find recipes, join local meetings and find support within the online community. They also offer a SmartPoints and FitPoints program so members can start earning and stay on track.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2036 WW (Weight Watchers) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Wondering why I'm already being charged given Holiday hype of low cost and free month. My advice to many of you - Call your credit card company that WW is charging. If you can provide support for WW overcharging, ask for a chargeback to WW. Your Credit Card Company can spend time fighting them and they will remove the charge(s) from your card. After reading so many negative comments, I anticipate I may end up doing this. I hope I don't have to, but the comments are very telling.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We would love the opportunity to assist you with your billing and any concerns you may have, Sally. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you here. We look forward to speaking with you.

--WW Resolution Team--

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I, as many others, who have choices on the weight loss app we hope will assist us with our journey, had signed up for Weight Watchers last year and was not impressed, but I decided to try it again this year because I was offered a month free. I signed up for the 6-month plan, thinking that I was going to stick with this for the long haul. I have been on the program, FAITHFULLY, for a month and have not lost a pound yet! In fact, I GAINED 2 pounds!!! I was charged for the first month, that was supposed to be free and when I called to cancel, the first lady who answered the phone, I could not understand so I hung up and called back, hoping that I would get a different person on the phone that I could have an intelligent conversation with.

The second person who answered the phone was no better. I COULDN'T understand her and she couldn't understand me! What I did understand is that I'm going to be charged $40 to cancel! She said there was nothing she could do that I will be charged $40 for terminating early! I always felt like WW had a great reputation for being the "ALL AMERICAN", upstanding company that CARES about people! It is not that type of company at all. I paid over $60 to gain 2 pounds! Thank you, Weight Watchers!!! I will share with everyone I know!

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, Shellie. We would love to look into your concerns and we appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I found it extremely difficult to cancel my membership after one month. I spoke to representatives for over one half hour on 2/13/19, and not only did they not refund the money they had just taken out of my account, but they took out money for an additional month even though I had cancelled the membership. Electronic payments are probably not the best way to deal with Weight Watchers.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, Norma. One of our Resolution Specialist's will reach out to you shortly. We look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I, too, feel tricked into paying for an additional month after I purchased 3 months in November. I never saw anything stating I would automatically be billed after the 3 month period was over. So, maybe it was in the fine print. Is that really how this company wants to do business. In the past I have had great customer service when calling or emailing Weight Watchers. This week I spoke with someone who obviously was reading from a script and knew nothing of the company nor its product. She was not helpful nor personable at all. I received the same result from my written inquiry. In both cases, the representatives used poor grammar and language skills. Does anyone remember when you could talk to a customer service representative who actually talked to you, congratulated you on your successes and listened??

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We appreciate the time you have taken to reach out to us, Ann. Please know we take your concerns very seriously. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Weight Watchers. Deciding on what program to use, I signed up for Weight Watchers' free trial in August. I actually liked the program and paid for the more expensive subscription of $19.95 per month. In November, a special was received for Weight Watchers Online plus for $13.31. Awesome, I will sign up for the $13.31 for 3 months. I did this all under the SAME account. Life of course got busy for the last two months and to my dismay Weight Watchers has been charging me $19.95 and $13.31 each month.

I called customer service in which they just told me, "You signed up for two plan under the same account." Why, would anyone sign up for the two exact same plan at a different cost under the same amount? Furthermore, why did my Weight Watchers account not show I had two plans and why did they keep charging me the $19.95? This is terrible. I have paid about $100 over the last two months for Weight Watchers. I feel betrayed and cheated by this company.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We are truly sorry for your experience, Kari. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately in hopes of providing you with a resolution. We look forward to hearing from you.

--WW Resolution Team--

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WW (Weight Watchers)?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

About four weeks ago, I joined WW at work. The WW’s coach asked if there was anyone who did not have a Smart Phone. I said that I had a cell phone that was not smart. She said I could get the Smart Points online. I went to WW’s website, entered the numbers from my scratch off card, entered a user name and password. WW asked me for a credit card number which I did not enter. I didn’t realize I was required to enter a credit card when I just paid $132.60. The next week, the WW coach said I was required to enter a credit card even though I had already paid in full.

I logged into WW again when I got home from work, but this time I entered my Citibank credit card. WW said the card was invalid three times. Each time I checked the numbers and the numbers were correct. I use this card with no problems at least once a week online. When I contacted Citibank, they said it was the WW website. I emailed WW numerous times with no resolve. Someone from WW would reply to emails, but never replied again. So, here I am four weeks into WW with no access to Smart Points. After reading the other reviews, I do not want to enter a credit card and then get charged again. My resolve is to never join WW again.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We are truly sorry to hear of your frustration, Kimberly. It is never our goal to upset or discourage our members. We would love the opportunity to assist you. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you shortly. We look forward to assisting you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I signed up for WW because there was a special over the holidays to try the program for 6 months free. With so many free weight loss apps available, I decided to give WW a try because of this promotion. I like the program and planned to continue WW after the promotion ends but I was charged during the free trial and I was charged for more than the digital version which is what I have and what I selected. I have attempted to work with WW but I keep getting the same form letter from various Representatives saying the same thing. "We are unable to refund your money and that I will be charged a cancellation fee." I am very disappointed that they won't stand behind their offer and program and make this right. If they do I am sure to stay in this program.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We appreciate you for reaching out to us, Colleen. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you shortly. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My complaint is the same as the others. I enrolled in the 3 month program and never consented to the monthly program after it ended. I was charged in January 8, 2019 and just yesterday too. I called Weight Watchers this morning to cancel and to receive a credit for the 2 months that I was charged. Kevin, the rep said that he couldn’t refund me. In the past I was able to get a refund and so I didn’t understand why the policy change. I also sent an email and received an automatic reply on using a free month redemption. My workplace also already has Weight Watchers. I am deeply disappointed in Weight Watchers. The mission I thought was to help people live a more healthy life, not charge them unknowingly and also not give back a full refund. I will definitely complain to my workplace about Weight Watchers.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, Tia. Your feedback is important to us and we take it very seriously. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you here. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I signed up for Weight Watchers, first month free. I got on the Weight Watchers app from my phone to inquire on cancellation. I was looking for answers, would I be charged if I cancelled and if so how much. I followed through the cancel process and when asked if I wanted to submit the form, I chose ‘cancel’. I got online to inquire as well and sent an email then received an email stating if I don’t cancel my next month will be free. I checked my personal email (first email was through work) and saw an email that said I was cancelled and my account was charged. I finally called. And proceeded to receive the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The girl didn’t understand what I was saying and kept telling me there was nothing she could do.

I asked to speak to someone else, a supervisor. She asked me why I would want to do that. She told me no one else would be able to help me. I insisted on speaking with a supervisor, I was told all of them were in a meeting. I’ve worked in a call center and know how they work, they are trained to do what they can to not escalate the call. I was put on hold and then told they were still in the meeting but I would get a callback. I kept telling her I was inquiring on cancellation, I didn’t want to cancel my account. Nothing I can do. Unbelievable. I’m contacting my bank and anyone else I can think of. This is ridiculous. I had a great view of Weight Watchers but after this, I will make sure everyone else knows how much of a scam this business is.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We are so sorry to hear of your frustration and we would love the opportunity to speak with you, Leaha. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to providing you with a resolution soon.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This company is a complete scam! I have been reading reviews for about 20 minutes and not one has been a good review... Although some reviews have 3-4 stars even if the review is a negative one...seems a little fishy to me! I really wish I would have read these reviews before losing my hard earned money! I signed up for what I thought was a "free trial month" only to be told before the end of my so called "free trial" that I had signed up for 6 months (with the first month being "free") at approximately $45 per month after the "free month". I tried Weight Watchers about 20 years ago and had great results... This new plan sucks!

I tried to cancel my subscription online and read they would charge me $65 cancellation fee so, I called and told them that I had only signed up for the 1 month free trial and of course the foreign man on the phone basically told me that I was incorrect in thinking I only signed up for a "free month". He acted as if I were crazy for thinking such a thing! They along with many other scandalous companies deceive the consumer who is unaware of their devious and unethical practices! And by the way Weight Watchers, I know one of your henchmen will write back to me saying that you will have someone follow up with me to resolve this matter. Please don't bother! I am going to inquire about getting an attorney or possibly contact an investigative team from a local news station to look into this matter and make this a more public affair and possibly start a civil lawsuit! Shame on you!!!

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Maria, we are truly very sorry for the experiences you've had. We are here to assist you with getting this resolved and would like to speak with you. A representative from our Corporate Affairs department would be happy to speak with you over the phone to get this taken care of. We will follow up with a private message here, so if you wish, please provide us with a telephone number and time you can best be reached. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

When I was cancelling my membership in Dec 2018, they offer me 2 free months to continue which I accepted but never used. THEN I RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FROM WEIGHT WATCHERS... "We are so glad you decided to accept our offer and continue your journey with WW. We have successfully processed your free 2 months of membership. Your next billing due date is 2/13/2019. Please note that your account will remain active and will automatically renew until you contact us to cancel".

Today 2/6/2019, I phoned to cancel and the customer service person did not understand and kept telling me that my membership was cancelled in December 2018. She could not understand 2 free months. She had a very thick accent and barely spoke English so I don't know how to be certain what she understood, because I barely understood her even after several repeats. I want my membership cancelled simple as that. Please reply. You have horrible customer service. I guess Oprah doesn't care as long as you keep charging accounts and her pocket keeps growing. AGAIN please reply.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Bev. We would love the opportunity to speak with you further. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward speaking with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

In early November 2018 I tried to cancel my subscription to Weight Watchers online. I was offered 2 months for free if I was interested and when I agreed, I was told online to cancel by today (February 6, 2019) to avoid being charged. I even wrote it in my diary to cancel by today. Today when I went to cancel my subscription online, I noticed that I was charged $44.95 yesterday (February 5, 2019). I called the live agent phone number and tried to explain to the agent the situation. She kept telling me that there was no 2 month offer online and then that I did not cancel by January 28, so that is why I was charged yesterday. It does not make any sense that they offer and give a date to cancel by & then charge before that date.

I had difficulty understanding the agent when I was speaking to her. I requested the agent put me through to a manager that could process the issue I was having. The agent continually repeating the same answer, without regard to my explanation, was beyond frustrating. She kept telling me she could cancel my subscription today and then I would not be charged in March. They left me on hold for 5 minutes, saying they were sourcing a manager and then said that all the managers were busy, and then repeated what she had said over and over already.

I had intended to cancel and restart in the spring when I could have my children in care and concentrate on myself, but now I am really disappointed that this is how Weight Watchers conducts their business and fraudulently charges credit cards before the dates they say they will. I would like the $44.95 returned to my credit card, because I don't intend to continue with Weight Watchers. I did not attend any meetings last year and I still paid the monthly fee without any argument. It is fraudulent to offer something and then charge before the agreed date. I am considering contacting my bank to report a fraudulent credit card charge.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We are sorry to hear of your experience and we would love the opportunity to discuss this further. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to speaking with you.

--WW Resolution Team--

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

WW charged 64.95 to my credit card when the 20.00 fee and first month of 44.95 was free. When I saw this I called WW customer service and received the absolutely worst service or make that no service. I was lied to the first attempt, 2nd, 3rd attempts refused supervisor was told a call back would be made. I never got a callback. After much resistance I got a supervisor who canceled me but sent me to a level 2 who said there was nothing she could do. I am out my money. WW is actually a front for getting your credit card number. I was a fool for thinking this would actually help me. I will be contacting my bank. I want my refund please. WW is all about commandeering your credit card number than helping people lose weight. I want my refund.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We truly and sincerely apologize for your frustration, Patricia. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to your privately to discuss this further. We look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Updated on 02/11/2019: This is a follow up to an earlier complaint about Weight Watchers and their practice of automatically renewing unsuspecting customers and stealing money directly from their accounts. After contacting customer service and filing a formal complaint, the company returned a month of what they stole...44.95 out of the 218 that they stole from my account was returned. I am unsatisfied with this result. STAY AWAY from weight watchers! You absolutely should not give them access to your account because they will continue to debit funds from your account long after you complete your initial membership. Untrustworthy and very difficult to get any results from repeated complaints!

Original Review: I signed up for a 3 month plan at a local Weight Watchers location. On viewing my bank statement today, I noticed a charged of 44. I immediately called and got no help. The first lady that I spoke with stated that it is their policy to Immediately renew your membership! Weight Watchers did not have my consent to automatically renew my membership after the 3 month period was up. The lady was foreign and rude. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she stated the supervisor would tell me the same thing. She also refused to give her last name. I hung up and got another person and had the exact same experience. Now I plan to resolve this issue with my bank and make sure weight watchers is totally blocked from my account because they have essentially been stealing from me for 3 months. I am a very busy teacher who 100% regrets any involvement that I had with Weight Watchers!

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Please know we sincerely apologize for your experience and we would like the opportunity to look into this further. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We hope to speak with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I signed up for one month just to try it. Did not realize they were going to do the automatic billing, which why would they have me pick the one month. Anyway once I realized I was going to be charged I canceled. I canceled on the exact date I signed up but it was too late they said. So I’m charged for the next month that I’m not using. They won’t give me a refund. I felt like I was being scammed and that I was dum for not reading the fine print. $20 is not a lot for some but it’s a lot for me. That won’t get any more from me.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We appreciate the time you have taken to reach out to us, Ella. We would love the opportunity to speak with you further. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you shortly. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

When I joined Weight Watchers for three months for and 1 month free. I called before the end of my last month renewal and asked what the price would be for the next 3 months, I hadn't been going, I was told $26.95 for 3 months. I get charged $44.95, I call customer service for them to credit me and get the runaround on hold forever. This is not right. They need to credit my account and train their people correct customer service.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We sincerely apologize for your frustration and experience with us, Terri. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you shortly. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I signed up for a monthly pass, which was fine. I realized a number of months later that the "chat" doesn't work - and didn't for months. I later tried to get in touch with someone over the phone. I called, was put on hold, waited for long periods of time - then got someone who had no idea about the program. This happened a couple of times.

Ever since, it has been months, I tried to escalate. What didn't they do wrong. I wanted help to change to a different program, and I got conflicting messages no matter who I talked to. Someone said they changed it, I made an appt with coaching, the coach never called me - then it hadn't been changed, then I insisted I change back to the monthly pass. Now, after escalating to resolutions department, the woman passes me all over. To me no one really cares and the point of the matter is that people asking for help, often need support and compassion with these difficult issues of weight and eating, not incompetence and a complete lack of connection.

Just today after they kept saying they checked on their end about the chats, they "informed me" that chats aren't working and haven't for a while. (Why didn't they ever send some kind of correspondence?) Finally, the woman sent me an e-mail to sign up for what she offered me as 2 free months, and it was not explained clearly, and my whole account had been wiped out. It is so clear to me that the level of their help is sub par. It's damaging to someone who would like to get support. It's obvious that this is only a money making organization - unlike some of the free 12 step programs who truly want to help.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We are so sorry to hear of your experience, Debbie. Please know we take your concerns very seriously and we are forwarding your feedback to the appropriate team for review. In the meantime we would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you here on Consumer Affairs. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Called today to cancel the automatic payment on my credit card and was told I missed the deadline by a few hours and would be charged for one more month. Thanks for the non-understanding and extension of a courtesy. As a long-time user of WW and someone trying to adjust to the program being geared to online, I didn't appreciate the lack of exception. I was told if I was pregnant, they would have reversed the charge. Can that be right?

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lorraine. We are sorry to hear of your experience and we would love to discuss this further with you. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I signed up for a monthly subscription through the WW app but I am still showing up as a free registered user with no access to the app. I have a confirmation of payment and have confirmation the money has been taken from my account. I have been trying for four days to get access to a subscription I paid for and no one “can” help me. They keep telling me to re-sign up, that I never paid, and keep trying to walk me through signing up instead of locating my payment. They then tried to pass the buck to iTunes support who can clearly see I paid when I called and that I should have no problem accessing the app. They then told me I need to call back WW support to gain access. For such a large corporation this is completely unacceptable. How is it that I can prove I paid, have the card I paid on and still no one be able to help me? I’m not even looking for a refund. I just want to be able to use the app I paid for.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We would love for you to be able to use the account you created, Alison. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you shortly. We look forward to providing you with a resolution.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I checked my bank account today to verify my payslip deposit and noticed that WW charged me $52, today. I immediately called CS # to cancel my subscription and get a refund. Although the woman on the phone said she cancelled my account, she would not refund my money. I did not wait a week or a month to request a refund, it was merely hours of the charge hitting my account. When I asked to speak with her manager or supervisor, I immediately got "they are unavailable right now." It took several requests for her to even put me on hold to check, then after several "not availables" the CS rep came back to tell me that her supervisor asked for my information to call me back. When I asked what the supervisor's name, she would not give it to me.

I don't usually care where someone is from (background) but I happened to ask where this customer service department was located, and she said the Philippines. This is concerning because of the way I was being treated, nothing else. She never took my information, but it's all on my account, so I'm not even sure why she was asking for it. I hope to not get charged any further, but I am really hoping that someone can refund my $52. It's absurd that they will charge you and not refund all in the same day. WW will never see my business again. I'd rather be fat than use a company that is misrepresenting in every way.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, Katherine. Our Resolution Team would love the opportunity to speak with you. We will reach out to you privately.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Have been on WW digital plan for about 4-5 mos and decided to cancel the subscription today (I'm no longer on a contract). The billing cycle started today, which means I got charged today. When you cancel online, they offer you a 'free month'. I called to get a refund for the month they JUST charged me, and no, I don't want a free month, I just want a refund (even if prorated, although again, the charge happened today).

The CS rep that is abroad somewhere was awfully trained, very hard to understand (never have had an issue with reps in other countries before, I work with them to solve the issues) and told me they CAN'T issue a refund because I was "on a digital plan that auto-charges" and when I asked for her name, she said "we can't give out personal information". Haven't been able to speak with a supervisor. The excuses for not being able to refund in addition to the 'can't give out name' policy are ridiculous and frankly not something I would expect a company like WW to practice.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We are sorry to hear of your experience and we would like to discuss this further, Claudia. A Resolution Specialist will reach out to you privately. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I completed a 17 week course at my workplace. Payments were agreed to be taken out of my paycheck biweekly to cover the cost. Once the program ended though WW does not end your subscription. At the beginning you are asked to provide your CC or bank account info, and that is where you are tricked! Now that my workplace sessions are over WW has still been pulling money from my account. I have been told by customer service THERE IS NO WAY TO RECEIVE MY MONEY BACK! Granted it has been a few months, and I should have thoroughly checked my AUTO-PAYS from my account, but there is no way for me to get any money back? Not even the previous month? Before anyone signs up for this program through the workplace ask for someone from WW to fully go over payments, and when you should end your subscription. WW where you lose more money than weight. :(

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, Daluana. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to assisting you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I’ve used Weight Watchers off and on for the past 5 years to lose weight, and at one point even lost 20 lbs. The most recent time I joined, the only program offered was the Freestyle program. I actually GAINED weight. Foods like plain yogurt, that used to be approx. 5 points per small serving, are now zero. Or eggs, that had a significant point value, were now zero. So, I followed the new program, snacking and making meals using the “zero point” foods, and my weight didn’t budge, and actually went up. I will not be using Weight Watchers again until they give the option of using the old accountability system with real points, not “Freestyle”. Sad, because the old system worked! The new one does not.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback with us, Jordan. We are sorry to hear of your frustration and experience with WW Freestyle. Please know we take your concerns very seriously and we are forwarding this to the appropriate teams for review. We are wishing you the best of luck on your wellness journey.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

First off if you only need to lose 10lbs the points didn't help me. Also once you sign up. They make it very difficult to cancel and NO REFUNDS. Once they have your credit card they keep charging. Their customer service sucks and they don't care if you are unhappy. Buyers beware. They will take your money if you decide not to do their program anymore.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Bethany. We do care about your success and happiness as this is so important to your journey. We sincerely apologize if we have dropped the ball for you. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to providing you with a resolution.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I joined WW on a 3 month special. Keeping track of everything you eat didn’t work for me, by the end of the week I was already not entering what I have eaten. The meetings they have are a waste of time. Their food/snacks are plain. I had to wait 3 month to cancel. November and December are very busy months, In January I realized that WW has been charging me every month over $40 for the service. I called and wrote them asking for a reimbursement for the last two months. Be aware. They do not reimburse your money. That is how they make their business. They make you listen to a contract at the beginning, I think it was on the phone. Then you forget about it and they keep charging you full price. It is not right!

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We appreciate the time you have taken to bring your concerns to our attention, Monica. Please know we take these concerns very seriously. A member of our Resolution Team will message you privately. We hope to speak with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I called to cancel after 5 months. Was not informed of the correct cancellation fee and process. Charged 3 times what I was quoted. Called back twice for explanation. CS reps couldnt give me one. Asked for Manager callback. Manager never called back. Not a happy customer!!

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, Diana. We sincerely apologize for your experience. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you privately. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Canceled my membership on November 19 and was emailed about my account being canceled with my membership ending on December 14. I saw a charge on my account again in January. I called up the company to report this billing error but was told a refund cannot be issued. I continued to tell him that I had proof for my account being canceled, but he continued to say the same thing over and over again about how a refund can not be issued. It was extremely frustrating to speak with the rep. I asked to speak with someone in management, but was kept on hold for way too long and at the end was told they have a high call volume. It seems from the reviews here this is a common problem.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We appreciate the time you have taken to reach out to us here, Hamid. A member of our Resolution Team would like the opportunity to speak with you further. We will reach out to you shortly.

--WW Resolution Team--

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

No matter what length of program you sign up for, they will keep charging you monthly. There is no point in selecting the length of time on the program. Also, I had two other friends join (I regret that) in which I was supposed to get 2 additional months free which never happened. I just got off the phone with them and I have been charged 4 additional months. On top of that, they are very terse when you call and of course it’s not resolved. I put a stop payment on my card. I also see that this is happening to other people. Beware! Not only do they take your money but it eats up your time dealing with it!

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, Elaine. A member of our Resolution Team will reach out to you in hopes of providing you with a resolution. We look forward to speaking with you.

--WW Resolution Team--

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I am so mad and I will never work with Weight Watchers again. I should've read all of the reviews on Consumer Affairs as this seems to be a pattern with the company which is a huge disappointment. YOU WILL GET A CALL SERVICE IN INDIA AND IT'S AWFUL!!! I was told in December my membership was cancelled and was assured I would no longer be charged for anything. Then surprise today, January 14th, I was billed again for $49.95. After TWO calls over 30 minutes each and a "supervisor" that I asked repeatedly for and was unavailable (I think they must be fake or a ghost), I was told no one could issue me a refund and that my membership would now be cancelled in February... another month - why would anyone want that? They just said sorry the representative in December misinformed me. A mistake on their part they weren't willing to correct and now I have to choke down $50 when I don't even have money for gas.

One of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had when 1) they don't offer to fix a problem that the company caused and 2) the language barrier and lack of supervisors is ridiculous. I hope to save someone the grief I went through today. I am very unhappy that such a well known company has such terrible service. I think I'm going to cry now.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

We are sorry to hear of your frustration. A member of our Resolution Team would love the opportunity to assist you. We will reach out to you shortly.

--WW Resolution Team--

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

App is horrible for counting points daily - I purchased a plan and when I started using it, the app logged me out each time. When I tried to log back in, the app said the account is not recognized under my email. When I called customer service, the staff had me trouble shoot with them which took forever and basically told me it was my phone that was the problem. I asked for refund but was given an extension instead and told a refund was not possible. I gave it a try again hoping it was an isolated incident. The very next day the app logged me out and told me my account was not activated. I did not have the tolerance or the time to call back again. Then when my account was charged, I called and complained and asked for a refund. I was told that was not possible because the charge already went through. I even asked for a prorated amount. I really didn't care about the money, this was about a faulty product at this point.

After keeping me on the phone for 37 minutes, I was told that they would waive the early termination fee and give me a 1 month extension but not give me a refund. What kind of customer service is this??? I asked the staff, point blank, "Do you not refund money for a faulty product?" I then demanded to speak to a supervisor and told no one was available. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with in my life! Never again would I waste my money on this company.

WW (Weight Watchers) response

Alicia, thank you for taking the time to reach out and for sharing your experience. A WW Resolution Specialist will be contacting you privately to further discuss your experiences and concerns. We look forward to speaking with you and appreciate your continued patience.

WW (Weight Watchers) expert review by JJ Virgin

Food and activity is digitally tracked starting at $4.22 a week with access to online recipes, a members-only community and 24/7 expert chat. In-person workshops and personal coaching is optional.

• Food choice flexibility: The SmartPoints system assigns all food and drinks a number and each user a personalized budget. More than 200 foods (like fruits and vegetables) are zero points and don’t have to be tracked or measured.

• Rewards program: A free WellnessWins rewards program allows members to earn points for everyday healthy behaviors, like meal tracking, activity and weight loss. Rewards include clothing, gift cards and accessories.

• Eat packaged food: Scan the barcode of packaged food with the Weight Watchers’ app to determine its SmartPoints value and add it to your diet.

• Personalization: Work on your own or opt to attend weekly group workshops in your area or interact online with a coach of your choosing, available for unlimited one-on-one phone sessions.

• Shop online or in stores: Weight Watchers’ brand products, including food and snacks with assigned SmartPoints values, are available online or in grocery stores nationwide.

• Best of those who like to cook: Members can access a growing database of over 4,000 recipes filtered by meal time, SmartPoints value, prep time and dietary needs.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

WW (Weight Watchers) Company Information