3.91/5
Based on 762 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Weight Watchers is a proven weight loss program founded in the 1960s. Their membership includes online tracking, in-person meetings, and one-on-one personal coaching. Weight Watchers is focused on improving overall health, not just weight. Their app helps track food intake and activity, find recipes, join local meetings and find support within the online community. They also offer a SmartPoints and FitPoints program so members can start earning and stay on track.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Last updated: April 17, 2018

1329 Weight Watchers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

The new Weight Watchers program is amazing. The APP makes shopping simple and you really can eat just about anything. You eat normal food and still lose weight. It is working for me. I can eat out at any restaurant and don't have to feel left out or draw attention to myself by ordering special meals. I also like how the APP syncs with any fitness program so you can earn extra points while walking at work or doing yard work. The program really fits my lifestyle.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

My experience has been very good. I am new to Weight Watchers and am only doing it online for now as I have a lot to lose. Connect is a great forum for getting ideas and encouragement. One thing I would like to see changed is the computer version. I would like it to be able to do some of the things I can do on the app - ie - view the videos that people do, and post to my account. I can type a lot faster on a computer keyboard than I can text on my phone. The other thing I would like to see is the "blue dots" on my computer. I strive diligently to stay within my recommended range and I know what it is but those little blue dots are meaningful to me - a visual of how I am doing. Thank you Weight Watchers - because of your program and work on making it work I am able to lose weight consistently and I have never been able to do that before.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The app for Weight Watchers is really comfy: easy to use, provide you with all details you need to stick to the diet. As of today, I did not see any food available in supermarkets which I would not find in the app which allowed me to stay on track and to prepare meals for a weak with practically minimum effort.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Overall, WW has been a good experience. I've been on the program off and on for almost 10 years and have success when I put my mind to it and have a strong WW support system. In FL (where I am now), I have found that the meetings are not the greatest, although I did try a new one - and it's going ok so far. There is only one WW storefront, and the meeting times are very limited and are overrun by the older crowd (being in FL). I'm also annoyed that WW is not offered at my workplace, even though there are many people interested.

Weight Watchers response

Thank you so much for providing your feedback regarding your weight loss journey with Weight Watchers! A representative will contact you privately regarding your meeting location complaint. We're here to help!

Weight Watchers Resolution Team

Original review: April 17, 2018

The program really does work and it works correctly. You lose weight at a pace that is healthy and manageable. I gave it four stars only because I wish it was cheaper for me to go to meetings. Can be pricey doing the whole package.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weight Watchers?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have done WW before and always had success, but I love the new app for my phone with the scanner! I find it very easy and quick to track my meals/points. I also like the Connect feature. I have tried the recipes as well. I would have to say the biggest difference for me is the scanner. I love it!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

The WW program is easy to use and works well for me when I am using it. My only issues with the program over the years have been some of the changes - though I don't think they are bad - because they are sometimes things that are hard habits to get out of. Another problem I encountered is living in Miami some of the stores have meetings in Spanish which was not indicated on the website so I went to a meeting expecting English but was in Spanish.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I love the app and WW is making more conscious of what I’m eating. By tracking what I’m eating I’m more aware of what not to eat. I’m finding that writing down what I eat is a good thing. I just wish I could find more time to spend at the gym.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am doing Weight Watchers for the 3rd time in 10 years. I have been pleased with how it has evolved over the years, and am enjoying the Freestyle Program so far. However, being a younger member (32) and one who has done it before and knows the basic idea, I wish that there were younger leaders in my area and a tiered system of meetings (some for newcomers and some with more advanced concepts and ideas who have done this before). I feel meetings would be more valuable if I were hearing from someone my own age who understands the challenges.

Weight Watchers response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Jess. We will reach out to you in a private message to discuss this further. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: April 16, 2018

FreeStyle - I've been loving it. It's so easy and it's made dieting a breeze. Zero point foods also make it easy on me to eat without having to go over my points. Just wish y'all would stop discontinuing the good snacks y'all make.

Original review: April 16, 2018

WW has been great for me! The app makes it easy to keep track of your day! I love that you can look up recipes and restaurants. I also enjoy that you don’t have to cut out foods or drinks. You just have to budget for them! Losing weight with WW in the past month has given me so much more energy and confidence!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I recently joined Weight Watchers. I am a past member, under the old plan, over 20 years ago. The new plan is great and improved. It not only allow me to lose weight, it has taught me how to make good food choices for the rest of my life. The Zero Foods choices Is useful to guide me to fill in food gaps, ensures good food choices, and help me manage my hunger. I love this new plan and will always use WW to manage and maintain my weight and live a healthy life.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I participate in all parts of the WW program--on-site weigh-in, online tools, & meetings. It's a package deal and all of it helps reach goals and build your best self; your most-healthy self. The accountability of going in person has been important to me. The meetings are a valuable time for me to recenter and set me up for success for the next week.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I enjoy the meetings and there are lots of meeting times. The person leading the meeting has always been very knowledgeable. I have already gotten two awards they’re hanging on a necklace in my car to inspire me. I would love a Monday morning meeting but that’s not in the cards for this location at this time. The leader does a good job of encouraging and rewarding members for their accomplishments. I would like more charms available though but can’t have everything.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have an adult daughter with an intellectual disability. She is constantly thinking about food, and always asking. I usually gave in, because it was easier and I really didn't know what my options were! As a result, she has gained a significant amount of weight. With the freestyle smart points, I now know how much to give her on a daily basis. I can incorporate a sweet treat into her meals, and if she is hungry beyond her planned meals, then I can offer her fruit or veggies. One of her favorite snacks is celery with fat free Greek yogurt and salsa for dipping. Her weight loss has been slow, but she is learning how to make choices, and how to limit her portions. I am also following the plan and need to lose a lot of weight. The staff at the center, Kim and Laura, are wonderful. They are very knowledgeable and always make us both feel welcome. Lizzy always looks forward to her Thursday night meetings.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I couldn't be happier! I have lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks and don't feel the least bit deprived! The app makes it SUPER easy to track, the website is more than helpful and the staff at meetings is incredibly supportive!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I make fresh juice a lot. I questioned leader about juicing during last program. She said just don’t, eat solid fruits and veggies. It’s easy to bring fresh juice for lunch. I work out of a utility truck. So now I’ve signed back up with new program and I asked online help and answer was do what team leader said. I tried another rep few days later and was told how to actually track my juice. I’d rather someone say I don’t know and research it and get back to you than just guess at an answer. Juicing is very popular and should be addressed officially. Fresh, homemade without chemicals or processed ingredients.

Weight Watchers response

We would love to help you with your feedback, Lora. We will reach out to you privately.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I wish there were more of a place to write notes concerning the food and weight. Possible things that may have affected the weight and energy levels. Also easier water tracking like in the old app would be nice. However I really like the Connect page.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I started WW 2 months ago and it is awesome. It is so easy having everything on your phone. I never feel like I am dieting. I have lost 12 lbs. I have been on many diets in my life but nothing compares to WW’s. All I can say is please try it as you will love it!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Losing weight, I know you heard everyone story diet after diet. I feel good being a Weight Watchers because I feel good inside and out. I’m losing from February 28 until March 17. I’m now 11.4. I could not have imagined that I have lost that much weight so I’m here to stay. Thank you, Weight Watchers.

Original review: April 16, 2018

This is truly a lifestyle that I can do for the rest of my life!! I'm loving the recipes & the free choices. I can go anywhere & be able to eat what I want. I count the points & know that I'll continue to lose weight. I love this program & I highly recommend it to anyone that will take the time to listen to me. My daughter & niece have joined with me & we keep in touch with each other by email, text & on connect. We've been enjoying sharing this experience. Thank you.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I started this journey in 2015 starting weight at 280. I decided to take charge of my body and feed it right. I lost 50 lbs doing Simply Filling. I stopped the program because I wasn’t being honest to myself or the program. Then I rejoined at least twice and said that I can do this. I just couldn’t get my mojo back. So I canceled again.

One day me and my hubby were getting ready to go out. It took me over an hour to find something I felt comfortable in. When I found that outfit I still was uncomfortable. Later that night I got on the scale and it said 254. I made my goal to not get back to the 280 mark. So I rejoined with the new Freestyle program. Let me tell you, I love this new program. It makes it so much easier to track and it adds more to the Simply Filling that I used to do. Since I rejoined March 20th. I feel more in control of my decisions on food. I have lost a total of 8.4 lbs in just 3 weeks. I am so excited to see how this time around turns me around. Thanks Weight Watchers.

Original review: April 16, 2018

It has been one of the easiest diet I have ever been on. I have tried many time some success but mostly not. I have lost 28 lbs. in 6 weeks. Amazing. It's easy to follow and has great recipes. I have my doctors and they are so excited for me. I have many medical issues, including heart disease and diabetes. This diet is really helping my issues. I have told everybody that would listen to me. I have and would recommend WW.

Original review: April 16, 2018

The cost really doesn't justify the end result. It's a monitoring system. Old schoolers like me find it difficult to maneuver. Not worth money. How can one egg be same points as ten? Freestyling is lame theme. What does that even mean. There are free apps. I want my money back. Did well first couple weeks.

Weight Watchers response

Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate you for taking the time to leave your feedback. A Resolution Specialist will reach out to you shortly.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I became a "Lifetime" member about 20 years ago. Whenever I stopped following the program and stopped going for the monthly weigh in I would start to gain weight back. I restarted to program three times. Each time it worked, but I didn't stay with it long enough to get back to goal. This time my husband joined with me. He is doing GREAT! With his support and attending the meetings with me I am within 7lbs of goal. He is also getting very close to his goal after attending for 6 weeks.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I love WW. The app is easy to use and helps me keep track of everything I eat. Meetings are helpful to stay on track. My leader was awesome, but we have a new one I haven’t yet met. The greeters are terrific. They work hard to keep your numbers private. I am pleased overall. I have lost close to 12 lbs in 8 weeks.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I joined Weight Watchers 5 weeks ago. I’m down 7 pounds. I love the WW App! The WW App keeps me accountable by tracking food/points. It’s so easy to use! This is the first time I’ve been successful on WW and attribute that fact totally to using the Online App & tools to help me reach my goal! So many Zero Point foods. I am Never hungry! You must use online app & tools when you join WW!! You too will succeed!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I really enjoy the meeting with Kara in Coxsackie N.Y. She makes the meeting fun and interactive with the entire group. I couldn’t do this alone. I am so grateful for everything Weight Watchers has helped me with. I have made new lifelong friendships.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Weight loss has been good, diet is great and easy to follow. I have talked with two coaches, difficult to make an appointment. Also, the second coach was terrible, late for my appointment and lectured me and didn't listen. But diet is good, I'm losing and enjoying my food.

Weight Watchers response

We're sorry to hear about your experience with your Coaching sessions, Nita. A representative will contact you privately to discuss this further.

Weight Watchers Resolution Team

Original review: April 15, 2018

The program is very easy to follow and the fact that you can check point values with the scanner as you shop makes it fantastic. The online help and encouragement augments the meetings and feedback you receive there is invaluable. The online help and encouragement from Oprah just adds the finishing touch.

Weight Watchers expert review by JJ Virgin

Founded 50 years ago, Weight Watchers assists members in losing weight by forming helpful habits, eating smarter, getting more exercise and providing support.

• Buddy system: Studies show people who pair up with like-minded groups or friends attain better fat loss (and keep it off better) than those who go it alone. For anyone who needs group support – either in person or online – Weight Watcher is top notch.

• How does Weight Watchers work?: Weight Watchers assigns "points" values for every food and helps you set a goal for how many points you should consume daily. This system means you can make low-point choices throughout the day in preparation for a special meal or event instead of having to forgo the extra calories because of your diet. Consumers looking for a budget-friendly option can simply purchase Weight Watchers brand food products at their grocery store or mass retailer and follow the plan's basic diet, which is available online.​ Those who want more support can join the program, which offers individuals plans including options like a smartphone-based app for tracking food and activities, in-person weekly support meetings, online community support and one-on-one coaching via text messaging or telephone.​

• Digital tools: High-tech apps and digital tools increase compliance and accountability and make it easier for you to track your progress and stay motivated. Tech-savvy folks will find these valuable and even enjoyable.

• Flexibility: The program allows flexibility to eat real food, allows people to maintain their social lives, and makes losing weight easy even with the busiest schedule without deprivation. Since no food is forbidden, you simply modify portion sizes to fit their PointsPlus® system.

• Food philosophy: Weight Watchers is designed to be a lifestyle approach to food, so no foods are considered off limits. While this philosophy could become a slippery slope for people who have problems with cravings for certain unhealthy foods, it can also help by encouraging moderation and accountability for food choices.

• Best for: new moms, college students, busy adults, teens, older men, older women and former athletes.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin

Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Weight Watchers Company Information