It's that easy Request Information
3.78/5

Weight Watchers

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

WW is Weight Watchers Reimagined, a proven weight loss program founded in the 1960s. Their membership includes online tracking, in-person meetings, and one-on-one personal coaching. WW is focused on improving overall health, not just weight. Their app helps track food intake and activity, find recipes, join local meetings and find support within the online community. They also offer a SmartPoints and FitPoints program so members can start earning and stay on track.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2331 WW (Weight Watchers) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

I am very happy with the WW program. I lost 17 lbs so far. I am so aware now of everything I am eating and I have done a whole 360 degree turn in what I choose. I am more active now also. I'm looking forward to being healthier. WW is helping me every step of the way along with my friends who are doing it with me.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Since you asked for my opinion, privately, I've joined many times and lost interest after about 6 weeks. I think the program works and I appreciate the science behind the program. There are a few areas that I wish you would consider. I value my privacy and do not want to share my 'successes or failures' with the larger group. I’d appreciate respect for those of us who consider our weight and health to be personal matters. I share selectively with family and close friends but this is not an area I wish to be pushed into doing. Any and everything online can be hacked one way or another, and I've no confidence that personal information would not be taken by someone in the community and shared or published without my consent.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I've been a member of WW for a little over a month now and I love it! I do not have a lot of weight to lose overall, however I always try and maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle. I've found that social settings involving food and adult beverages on a regular basis makes it near impossible to do so! However WW gives enough structure to still remain social yet keep on track. Over the years, I've done Whole30, Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Intermittent Fasting, Adkins, Slim Fast... and all of them will give results of some sort, however it comes at the cost of restricting and cutting out whole food groups or even meals.

WW allows you to enjoy any food group you want however many times you want... yet you can still lose weight! What a concept! Along with enjoying any food (and still keep drinking my wine), health-wise I feel amazing too! I just PR'd on a Mud Run and I've been doing them for 5 years now! I truly believe it's due to the way I've been eating and I have WW to thank! :)

Original review: April 23, 2019

I joined Weight Watchers six weeks ago at the advice of my doctor. After logging my food intake for one month, my doctor determined I was eating between 801,000 cal per day. I thought I was fine, because I never felt hungry. When I joined weight watchers, I felt that I was going to gain weight because I had never eaten that much food in one day. Lo and behold six weeks later I have lost a total of 15 pounds! I feel great! Although I do not notice my progress, other people have.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I love the community on WW. Connect has been a bit weird lately. Not allowing me to comment, however I enjoy talking with people about their journey. It is helpful and inspiring. I would love to receive charms despite being an online only user. I also live the recipes/restaurant section. It needs to be updated a bit more though. I find things no longer available on there. I often can't find newer foods though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WW (Weight Watchers)?

Original review: April 22, 2019

I love this new plan. Been on WW many years ago. Did well. This is so much better. Lost 18 lbs since March. Use zero points during the day. Breakfast has point but after that mostly zero points til night time. TV time I use some of them. Yesterday was Easter so I used my extra points. Don't do too well when I use extra points.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I had utilized WW about 15 years ago, just when the point system had started. Recently, I found myself at the highest body weight ever and decided it was time to take action. A friend recommended WW and so I joined. This new program is MUCH easier. And the online application is powerful. The ability to scan items assists me in purchasing items. This is my second week and I lost 3 pounds the first week! I feel good, never hungry, never feel like "I can't" eat something. The weight-in was fast and friendly. I did not stay for the meeting as meetings were not helpful to me last time.

Original review: April 22, 2019

WW has been amazing. The app is super easy to use and love all recipes and database of foods. It makes it very easy to track my food and points. My favorite thing is WW makes me accountable for what I am eating. I am responsible for my success - WW gives me to tools to reach my goal!

Original review: April 22, 2019

This is the easiest and most user friendly program that I have ever tried. It's also the first program that I have been able to be successful doing. I love the fact that you can basically eat anything but you have to budget and plan. Tracking makes the process doable and easy. I love all the recipes that are available and it makes tracking a breeze. All of the pre-figured points for so many items, including things at most restaurants. I am successful because the program is well thought out and so much support!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Fast shipping and packaged well. I appreciate the ability to shop online for WW tools and snacks. I live in a small city and we don’t always have the snacks I like available at our meetings. Thank you, WW, for keeping things simple.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Learning later in life to be more thoughtful about when, when and how much to eat. To chart food choices it has been a bit of a struggle as so many food choices are not easily available for tracking unless a user has created the choice.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I love this program. It has helped me realize that food doesn’t control me. I control food. I started my journey on November 2018 and have lost a total of 32 pounds. I have to say that it hasn’t been difficult at all. There are moments where I may feel despaired but going to meetings has helped me with my struggle. I totally recommend WW!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have really enjoyed my on line experience with the new WW program. The app makes it easy to track my smart points... And the program is excellent. I am very satisfied. I receive weekly helpful hints, and encouragement from connecting with other members.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I enjoy the workshops. Our coach Dorothy always keeps them going and you leave feeling ready to face another week. We have a great core group who encourage each other. Weigh ins are quick and the ladies always smile and keep you up no matter what the scale says.

Original review: April 21, 2019

My husband and I are doing WW Freestyle again. We learned a lot from our last attempt. One of the biggest things we learned is that we cannot use all of the points that are given to us and lose weight. I think it’s just way too much. Also, The hard thing about all the “0” point foods is that human nature wants to go overboard. We are going to the meetings this time which is great. The support is so helpful for us and we are both doing really well and losing. But we can’t follow the plan exactly as it is now or we would never lose.

Original review: April 21, 2019

This is my fourth time to do WeightWatchers and this new Zero Point Foods is the absolute best program they have ever had!! I am full and my desire for sweets or chips has gone away - best of all - I don't miss them.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I think the plan for WW is great, and I am steadily losing weight and inches with the plan. But the biggest thing that sets WW apart from other weight loss plans, is the opportunity to go to workshops with other amazing people going through the program right along with you. The exchange of tips, tricks, experiences, encouragement, support, and accountability is priceless. The people I've met in my workshop have truly become a second family to me. Which brings me to the one negative experience I'm having; The time of my workshop keeps changing. When I started, we met at 6:00 PM on Tuesdays. Shortly after I started, they added a second workshop at 4PM.

Recently the numbers of the early workshop dwindled, so they combined the two, and now it is held at 5:00 PM. The problem is, the majority of my dear friends from the 6:00PM workshop don't get off work until 5:00, making it impossible to get to our workshop anymore. I'm told that before I started, our workshop originally started at 5:45. I just wish that whoever makes such decisions would actually take into consideration the people who are attending.

Original review: April 21, 2019

So far the program has help me stay focus while working on my goal to stay fit and lose weight. The weekly meeting are a plus, because it helps me stay connected with the other members in which we share ideas and encouragement. It's sad that the price of the program has gone up so much which is very difficult to afford when you are on a fix income. It will be ideally if there's a special for members to continue with the program at a lower price.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Absolutely love the app! Just wish there were more recipes on the app! More of a variety would be nice. But besides that, I am beyond happy with it! I love the feature of scanning items at the store. Makes it really easy to stay within my allotted points for the day.

Original review: April 21, 2019

WW has helped me to lose 7.7lbs in just 3 weeks. I have learned how to meal plan to better help me meet my goals. This is the first program I have been able to stick to. The Connect part of the app is my favorite part of it and helps me to stay motivated. I only wish Weight Watchers gave online members the recognition they give in-person members with the keychains.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I think the app is genius! I have been to WW over the years.. This freestyle has taught me of earing from the free menu and adding points on smaller yet satisfying quantities.... It has also helped me understand as how much I was consuming in the past... food I did not really need!... Seems like a small thing but for me just incredible to understand it as well as realizing it is up me if I want to be healthy the rest of my life.... It is not a diet!

Original review: April 21, 2019

WW has been a great experience so far. The meetings are fun and friendly. The WW App is FANTASTIC! I feel like I have been completely in control of my eating for the past month, and I am choosing to add more movements to my days. Credit needs to go to the Solera group as well for partnering with WW to assist diabetics and those of us who have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic. Both organizations rock!

Original review: April 21, 2019

I gained weight as I grew older due to inactivity and eating the wrong things, including drinking wine. Can't really increase my activity for health reasons but I strictly track everything I eat. Lost 11 pounds since I started WW. My doctor congratulated me! Never liked the meetings, although I know others really do. So I am working strictly through the Internet. I even am able to schedule wine into my points so I am not feeling deprived. Overall, I am happy with my progress and WW. It will be three weeks tomorrow and I'm looking forward to more weight loss.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I joined WW in early March and now almost 3 months I probably have lost 5lbs. I am in menopause therefore I keep gaining weight and having a hard time losing it. Kudos to all the women and men that have succeeded with losing weight. I will be cancelling my membership as I feel this isn't working out for me. Thank you.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Hello! I needed some help calculating activity points accurately, so tried the chat function on my app. Lynn responded quickly, gave me all of the information I needed, and was wonderful! Thank you for such a great experience! I have been using the online program for about three weeks so far and really love it!

Original review: April 21, 2019

The program is Super easy to follow. Well organized. Supportive online community. I’m Learning new habits to eat healthy. Lost 11 lbs in my first 2 weeks and never once felt hungry. The zero point foods are amazing. This couldn’t be any easier.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I would like to be able to alter pre-existing foods. For example, I don't get cheese on anything. When I got Goodcents the other night no cheese or condiments therefore saving calories. I would like to be able to choose my ingredients when eating out.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Went from digital to digital+workshops. Lost 10 lbs, working on next 7 to 10 lbs to reach goal. Whether you are very overweight or trying to lose only 20 lbs. and old or young this is a great program. It teaches you what to eat and how much you actually consume when you don’t track. One would not overfeed a baby or a child, why would we overeat ourselves?! Because we are not conscious of the food we ingest into the only body we are given. This is not a diet, it is the way we should treat our bodies.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I always have heard of WW and I have in my mind that was another diet regimen. However, I subscribed one month ago and it is a lifestyle change. I am really happy with the online app, the customer service and the easy that it is to cancel in the case I need it. Also the community chat really help to get positive and motivate you.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I am no weight bearing due to a car accident. I tried to cancel my membership last month only to be told I would be charged an early termination fee. I have been a WE member for over two years and numerous times before this. I am truly disappointed in your termination policy. How dare you tell me I have to pay an early termination fee for something that is beyond my control! It’s bad enough that I cannot walk and then to be told that I have to continue to pay for a membership or pay to have it terminated. Shame on you WW! I will definitely not return! You should treat your customers better!

WW (Weight Watchers) expert review by JJ Virgin

Food and activity is digitally tracked starting at $4.22 a week with access to online recipes, a members-only community and 24/7 expert chat. In-person workshops and personal coaching is optional.

• Food choice flexibility: The SmartPoints system assigns all food and drinks a number and each user a personalized budget. More than 200 foods (like fruits and vegetables) are zero points and don’t have to be tracked or measured.

• Rewards program: A free WellnessWins rewards program allows members to earn points for everyday healthy behaviors, like meal tracking, activity and weight loss. Rewards include clothing, gift cards and accessories.

• Eat packaged food: Scan the barcode of packaged food with the Weight Watchers’ app to determine its SmartPoints value and add it to your diet.

• Personalization: Work on your own or opt to attend weekly group workshops in your area or interact online with a coach of your choosing, available for unlimited one-on-one phone sessions.

• Shop online or in stores: Weight Watchers’ brand products, including food and snacks with assigned SmartPoints values, are available online or in grocery stores nationwide.

• Best of those who like to cook: Members can access a growing database of over 4,000 recipes filtered by meal time, SmartPoints value, prep time and dietary needs.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

WW (Weight Watchers) Company Information