Find the Best Storage Units in Indianapolis, IN
Top 11 Indianapolis Self Storage Companies
Read 2,804 Reviews
Provides residential and commercial moving and storage solutions. Offers various container sizes. Local moves tend to cost about $500. Most long-distance moves cost between $1,000 and $5,000. Month-to-month pod rental.
Read 106 Reviews
Offers month-to-month storage. Provides packing materials and pickup and delivery services in California, New York, New Jersey, Washington and Illinois. Creates a photo inventory of all items. Averages around $250 a month.
Read 781 Reviews
Offers storage units for personal, business and vehicle storage. Thousands of locations nationwide. No long-term commitment required. Climate-controlled facilities available.
|Extra Space Self Storage|
Read 303 Reviews
Self-storage options available in 43 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico. Climate-controlled facilities available. Options for vehicle, RV and boat storage. Units range in size from 5 feet by 5 feet to 10 feet by 30 feet.
Price comparison for self-storage, car storage, RV and boat storage. Offers free online reservations with no credit card. Deals on storage fees, portable storage and moving trucks. Facilities throughout the United States.
|EZstorit Indianapolis||Read Author Review|
Focuses on cheap storage unit rentals throughout Indianapolis. Multiple facilities in West Indianapolis. Features manager’s specials, such as $1 for the first month’s rent. Provides side-by-side comparisons.
|Great Value Storage Indianapolis||Read Author Review|
Provides storage solutions for personal, business and vehicle storage. Offers drive-up storage units for cars, boats, RV and motorcycle storage.
|Infinite Self Storage||Read Author Review|
Specializes in commitment-free self storage services with 24/7 access. Includes free transfers, no deposits and coded gate entry. Offers flexible dates with no long-term commitments.
|SecurCare Indianapolis||Read Author Review|
Operates 16 storage facilities across Indianapolis. Prices start at $13 a month for 4’ x 12’ units. Offers amenities such as climate control, 24-hour video surveillance and truck rental. First month free on select units.
|SelfStorage.com - Indianapolis||Read Author Review|
Displays hundreds of storage units in the Indianapolis metro area. Rents basic self storage units and spaces for vehicle storage. Several locations offer first month free.
|Storage Express||Read Author Review|
Offers 24/7 self storage services with climate-controlled units. Features include drive-up access, video surveillance and complimentary e-statements.
Average cost of storage units in Indianapolis
Size is the most significant factor in determining a storage unit’s price, but location also has an impact on the cost. Indianapolis units are likely to be more expensive in Downtown areas, including the Wholesale District and Bates-Hendricks. Communities in transition, like Holy Cross, also have higher prices because of the number of young professionals moving into the area.
No matter where the facility is located, storage units in Indianapolis are relatively affordable when compared to the rest of the country. Small units, typically around 5’ x 5’, start at $29 per month, and 10’ x 30’ units start at $102 per month. With special deals and discounts, expect to pay anywhere from $20 to $140 per month for a storage unit. Most facilities rent on month-to-month agreements, but check with the storage company to be sure it doesn’t require a minimum time rental time.
Choosing the right storage unit company in Indianapolis
There are numerous storage facilities in Indianapolis, and choosing the right one requires considering the amenities you need. When comparing storage units, ask yourself these questions:
- How much space do I need for storage? Unit sizes range from 2’ x 4’ closets to large, 10’ x 30’ units. Some facilities also offer vehicle storage for RVs or boats.
- Will your items be light and easy to load? If you’re storing heavy or bulky items, look for a ground-level unit or a facility with a freight elevator. Before signing a contract, talk to the site manager to pick the best unit for you, whether that’s indoors, outdoors, on the ground level or a few floors up.
- Will your items need protection from the weather? Changes in Indianapolis weather affect where and how you store your belongings. A climate-controlled unit costs more but protects your possessions from humidity, rain, snow and other weather factors that could damage your items.
- How much access do you require? Most storage facilities are open five to seven days a week and have set hours of operation, but some provide 24/7 access. Before picking a storage unit company, think about how often you'll access your unit to make sure your needs match with the company’s operations schedule.
- Do you need tight security? Camera monitoring and key code access are common features in Indianapolis storage facilities, but some companies offer advanced security features. These options might include property managers who live on-site and individually alarmed units.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Indianapolis self storage company information
SecurCare provides affordable storage starting at $13 per month at select locations. The company offers fully fenced facilities, drive-up access and electronic gates. The storage sites are well-lit and staffed with an on-site manager for customer safety. Choose from small, medium and large units.
- Address: 551 Stover Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Phone: (317) 231-5116
- Hours: Sun - Sat: 6am - 10pm
- Website: securcareselfstorage.com/self-storage-locations/indiana/indianapolis-in-storage-units
Great Value Storage operates a location in the Northeastwood neighborhood of Indianapolis. The company’s units start at $39 a month for a 5’ x 7’ indoor, ground-level unit. Great Value Storage offers a special rate of $1 for first month’s rent on select units. Protection plans, month-to-month leases and moving supplies are also available. Reserving a unit through the company’s website is straightforward and takes 30 seconds.
- Address: 3380 N. Post Road, Indianapolis, IN 46226
- Phone: (317) 899-3311
- Hours: M - F: 10am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 4pm
- Website: greatvaluestorage.com/self-storage/indiana-in-indianapolis
SelfStorage.com is an aggregator for storage units in Indianapolis and surrounding areas. You can filter by amenities and location to find the best storage unit for your needs. The company offers free cancellations on reserved units. AAA members receive a $20 rebate and one month free at certain storage facilities. You can rent small units starting for as little as $21 a month through SelfStorage.com.
- Address: Serves Indianapolis residents
- Phone: (844) 699-9745
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: selfstorage.com/self-storage/indiana/indianapolis
EZstorit is a broker-style website for self storage units across Indianapolis. The site is free to use and lets prospective customers compare different companies’ facilities and prices. It also alerts users of potential discounts, including businesses that offer the first month’s rent for $1. EZstorit has several options for vehicle storage and focuses on finding affordable units.
- Address: Serves Indianapolis residents
- Phone: (888) 686-2849
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: ezstorit.com/Indianapolis-IN-self-storage
Storage Express offers a quick, affordable storage solution and doesn’t require long-term contracts. All of the company’s storage facilities are 24/7 rental centers that allow customers to access their units any time or day of the year. Customer support is available during extended hours as well. Units start at $50 per month, and all units have drive-up access. Storage Express has online payment options.
- Address: 6110 S. Belmont Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46217
- Phone: (317) 788-8099
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: storageexpress.com
Infinite Self Storage operates two locations in Indianapolis: Broad Ripple and Nora. Both properties offer the first month’s rent free and allow renters to save $25 for referring a friend. A 25-square-feet unit with drive-up access starts at $41 at their Nora facility and $43 at Broad Ripple. Both facilities have 24/7 security monitoring, an on-site manager, month-to-month rentals and available warehouse space. Customers can make quick and easy payments using the 24/7 payment center.
- Address: 1102 E. 52nd St., Indianapolis, IN 46205
- Phone: (317) 466-1707
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: infiniteselfstorage.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.