4.94/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

From packing your belongings, storing them, and delivering your items back to you at a specific time, Clutter has your back. Schedule exactly what you need and when you need it done through their mobile app or over the phone. Clutter’s team will make sure this process is easy and stress-free!

You can find locations in the following areas: New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Delaware, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Chicago, Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, and Portland. More locations coming soon!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Clutter is a storage company with 2 million square feet of secure warehouse facilities and more than 200 trucks. Storage isn't available nationwide, but Clutter customer service is excellent in the locations they service.

PROS

• Digital inventory
  • Protection plan available
  • Price match guarantee
  • Pick-up, delivery and packing included

CONS

• No in-person access
  • Not available nationwide

Clutter review

Clutter storage solutions provide month-to-month storage for your belongings. Clutter services include packing materials, packing help, pick up and delivery. What sets Clutter apart from other storage companies is their extensive photo inventory process. With this system, Clutter and their customers have both a visual inventory and itemized list of stored items. Since Clutter’s storage facilities are secured and closed to the public, you can’t visit your items in storage; however, you can have them delivered back to you at any time.

Clutter conducts extensive background checks and screenings on all employees, making their moving and storage specialists well-trained and thoroughly vetted. Clutter storage facilities are closed to the public and monitored with 24/7 motion-sensor cameras. The Clutter storage company provides their Limited Security Warranty Policy to all customers, and further protection for items can be purchased for a fee.

Clutter storage solutions

Clutter services available include packing assistance, pickup, storage and delivery. Clutter customers can manage their items in storage, book pickups and returns, and schedule or reschedule orders through the Clutter website.

Clutter storage services
Before they store anything in one of their secure warehouse facilities, Clutter collects an online photo inventory, so they have an exact index and location of all your items. Clutter offers a variety of storage units, from the size of a small closet to custom accommodations for storing an entire business inventory or large estate.
  • Clutter storage locations: Chicago, Los Angeles, New Jersey, New York City, Orange County, San Diego, the Bay Area and Seattle.
Clutter pickup services
Clutter’s pickup service will transport items from clients’ homes to a Clutter storage warehouse. Items should be boxed and labeled in advance.
  • Prohibited items: Liquids of any kind, food or perishables, illegal or controlled substances, hazardous materials, living things, grand pianos, upright pianos, and pool tables are prohibited. For an entire list of prohibited items, refer to the Clutter Terms Of Service.
Clutter delivery services
Clutter transports items from their warehouse facilities back to clients’ homes upon request. Upon delivery, Clutter representatives place appliances or furniture in the area of your choosing one time at no additional cost.
  • Delivery service areas: New York City, Los Angeles, the Bay Area, Orange County, Inland Empire, Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, Philadelphia and New Jersey.
Clutter packing services
Clutter packing help is a service that adequately prepares and packs all your items into boxes or storage containers. Clutter representatives provide packing materials — like moving blankets and shrink wrap — to ensure that your belongings are suitably packed for transportation and storage.

How does Clutter work?

As a full-service storage company, Clutter picks-up, stores then delivers items when needed. First-time pickups can be scheduled online or over the phone with a Clutter customer service representative. On the scheduled pickup day, a team of Clutter moving specialists arrives at your location.

Before packing, Clutter collects a digital photographic inventory of your belongings and assigns a unique barcode to each item. Then, Clutter transports the inventory to one of their secured storage facilities.

If you want to retrieve an item in the future, all you need to do is access your Clutter account and select which item you need. Clutter will then deliver the item back to you.

Clutter storage prices

Clutter prices depend significantly upon how many items need to be stored. To get a free quote for the cost of Clutter storage, fill out a brief questionnaire and provide your ZIP code, the size of storage unit you need, how you plan to move your belongings into storage, how long you plan to use the storage unit, and the date you need the storage unit. Review a variety of pickup time options, and if the Clutter price is acceptable, submit your email address.

Please note that Clutter charges a deposit for the first pickup. The first month of storage is charged after pickup, and then billing is automatic. If you ever need to update your billing information, you can easily log in to your Clutter account and update your default for automatic payments.

Clutter security and protection

Clutter automatically provides a Limited Security Warranty Policy that covers possessions up to $1.00 per pound. Additional $1,000 or $2,500 protection plans are available for an extra charge. Be aware that Clutter is only responsible for the items they pack and visually inspect.

34 Clutter Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

Clutter is an amazing company in every way! They arrived on time and within 45 minutes had my daughter’s things all packed up and on their truck to storage. When they quoted me over the phone, and by the way I filled out an application online and within 2 min of hitting send, someone called me right away, I thought this company was too good to be true. It wasn’t expensive and they helped me a great deal with all the heavy items that I wouldn’t have been able to do on my own. They promised and delivered everything they said they would. I am curious to see if I will get the same service when they deliver my daughter’s things to her new dorm. I have a good feeling they will!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I thought the packing up and moving process was too good to be true, and it sort of was... it was a bit arduous and packers were not skilled. I saw them drop a whole stack of my furniture from the truck lift, and cringed, but let it go. When the movers brought my stuff back, of course, a lot of stuff was broken. The good thing was, they were very good about reimbursing anything that broke at whatever the going cost was of the product. I got replies back from almost everything except the last item, but I figured I waited too long (almost 3 weeks after the move in before I found it was broken), and it was very hard to show by a photo at the lamp switch was jammed and couldn't be turned on. Fortunately not of my items were extremely expensive. For the price I paid, I don't think anyone could find a comparable service.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have had two great experiences. First I had a show set that needed storage and they were prompt to pick up and help pack up the set. It's a real cost saver in terms of bodies needed, rental and storage costs. Storage costs are reasonable. Second I had them pack up my apartment and I wasn't sure how big a storage space I needed but they were honest and put me in a smaller space which was such a great rate. Plus I like the pictures that I can see of my stuff. I recommend to everyone!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Genuinely the best service I've ever received anywhere. Lately I've been talking about how bad service has gotten... in restaurants, retail stores, everywhere. But Clutter not only met my high expectations, they exceeded them. I worked with three separate teams on three different occasions and each team was extremely polite, highly efficient, exceptionally organized and just absolutely as nice as could be. I've honestly never been more impressed with a service. They wrapped my items far better than I ever could. They were fast and conscientious.

When I had my items delivered, there was no damage whatsoever. And the amount of bubble wrap protecting every single item was beyond what I would have used myself. They were so careful taking furniture out and delivering it to my new home. No scratches, bumps or dings on walls. And even when I changed my mind and asked to move an item to a different room, they didn't grumble or roll their eyes. They said, "Of course, happy to!" I especially enjoyed having a couple females on the crews to show my daughter that girls can do anything guys can! I have referred Clutter many times and would trust them with anything. Thanks for making my pre-move and final move so easy and carefree!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Each experience with the Clutter team has always been positive. The drivers/movers are very kind. They take great care in packing and moving furniture as if it is their own. The Customer Service Team is very polite and helpful when calling in with questions/concerns. One Criticism: Since I am from NY and your Customer Service Team is in CA, it is not possible to speak to someone in Customer Service when I am expecting a delivery at 7am NY Time because it is only 4AM CA time. If there were some way to bridge that gap and make someone available in CA that would be helpful. Perhaps you can add instructions on the recording that says "If you are calling our office outside of our business hours, please call our dispatch department at the following telephone number". Just a suggestion. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clutter?

Original review: July 17, 2019

We used Clutter in 2018 for 2 simultaneous moves & storage... Everything was seamless from the initial contact through to the delivery of our items after being in storage. Everything was returned intact with no damage at all. Dealing with Clutter was the most pleasurable part of our entire move!

Original review: July 16, 2019

Moving is usually a traumatic event. I'm glad that I chose Clutter to assist with my experience. I had the best and easiest move EVER!!! John and Terrill, you are simply the best!!! I have been able to store my belongings worry-free. I would gladly recommend Clutter to anyone needing storage.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I've been very impressed with Clutter's service, communication, and resources. When we "packed up" our apartment for short-term storage, they were a perfect partner. As we transitioned to our new place, I was just as happy with their service. The communication is great throughout the process of pickup/delivery. The movers were respectful and nice. Although our situation did not specifically use the delivery-on-demand of specifically stored items, I really like this option for our future consideration. Overall, I've been very happy and impressed with Clutter's services. Will use again!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I was quoted 10x10 storage space over the phone based on my description of my stuff. Clutter team came in - boxed up everything, moved them to their truck - Then told me that I only need 7x10 storage space. I saved me some money. Thank you Clutter.

Original review: July 11, 2019

All customer service is top notch, from the phone calls, emails and in person communication upon pick of storage items. I love being able to choose a pick up window and the up to date messages let you know exactly where the driver is. Would highly recommend this company for your storage needs.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Generally good service. The communication process was smooth and the delivery went on well too. I was a little confused about the coupon/discount system as I’m not so sure whether I can get both one month discount and Amazon coupon or just one of them since I was referred by my friend.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This is the third time we have moved with Clutter.com and will only use them in the future. They are the best from start to finish and could not make it easier for the person moving or the parents of the person moving. Could not recommend them more!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I have received perfect service from Clutter from the very beginning. I found them online. I faced moving from a large house to a very small residence, Clutter helped me preserve important things. All boxes were scanned, picked up, some delivered back to me when needed. Polite, professional staff on the phone and in person, I have recommended them to anyone who needs this service. I am very pleased.

Original review: July 3, 2019

So far so good! Customer service has been great! Would without a doubt recommend to anyone seeking storage. This is way more convenient and very competitive price-wise compared to any other 'do it yourself' storage company in my area!

Original review: July 3, 2019

My son goes to college out of town in the heart of Chicago, Clutter has been on top of each move. They are on time, courteous and fast. They help pack barcode and move all of my son's college belonings to their storage facility and back for fall semister. It has been seamless. Thank you. Marie

Original review: July 3, 2019

I like how all I do is pack. They do all the moving to the truck labor. They charge by space taken up and it's all so very convenient. They do all the work and I can do as I need to. I love Clutter. I would recommend.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I had to keep my stuff in storage while I was looking for a new place. Both teams were exceptional and went above my expectations with helpfulness and friendliness. I would definitely recommend clutter to others. My only concern is that they get too big and lose that friendliness edge that Clutter seems to value which is missing in competitors today. More than five stars!

Original review: July 2, 2019

For the most part, using Clutter.com was convenient as temporary storage for moving furniture/more out of my house in preparation for both house staging and moving from CA to NM with select items, however, there was damage to my armoire that can't be repaired and wasn't noticed until the item was unpacked in NM. Package tape was directly secured to the wood finish in the wrapping process and now leaves its mark in addition to a chunk of trim at the upper left front corner that's missing... a big disappointment and discovered too late for compensation.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Clutter has among the best customer service I have ever experienced. Their service is amazing, reliable, and much more comprehensive and inclusive than anything I have found, and at a better rate than traditional brick and mortar storage companies. After dumping my current storage company for doubling my monthly rate in 2 years and offering absolutely no added value for it, Clutter made the move to them very easy and I saved money in the process.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I am very happy with the service and the cooperation of the help. They took great care of getting me packed up. They sent me photos of all my items in storage. I would highly recommend them to my friends.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I am so pleased with Clutter! It’s so convenient. The people there are the nicest and professional people. I live in a small apartment, and Clutter allows me to change my decor for the seasons or just to provide me with more space. I wish I was able to afford a larger space, but my budget doesn’t call for that. And anyway I’d probably be tempted to buy more decor if I had a bigger storage. Thank you Clutter for allowing me to declutter!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I just love Clutter, they're very understanding and courteous. Clutter is all I talk about to my friends and family. I don't know what else to say about them but I will say this I'm a Clutter forever. Their prices are reasonable and fit in my budget being that I live off disability. I sent this picture twice just to make sure you got it.

Original review: July 2, 2019

We are so happy that we chose Clutter. Our experience has been the best and know that it will be just as good when we move into our new place. The truck came on time and the crew did a very professional job packing and getting all the stuff into the van. They were very polite and respectful of us and our belongings. I fully recommend them.

Original review: July 2, 2019

This was the perfect way for me to store my things and I couldn't be happier with the service. Movers were professional and did a great job moving my things carefully and quickly. Price was great, service was good, what more can you ask for?

Original review: July 2, 2019

Excellent customer service from pick up from my apartment, then to delivery location about 9 months later. I moved out of Clutter's delivery zone, unfortunately, but they did everything they could to be helpful to give me advice how to get my belongings to Antioch, Illinois.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I recommend Clutter to everyone! Their pick up and drop off service is the best ever and all of the staff members have all been professional, very helpful and polite. For a senior citizen like myself, Clutter is a "life saver"!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Call them, very clear communication, understanding, soo damn helpful. They will wrap package and broke down anything & everything, you're able to get your stuff out when you ready. This is the second time I’m using them, trust me when I say they the best, you can get a appointment as soon as the next day... The Best.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I was hesitant to try an alternative to a moving and storage company, but found the new web-savvy Clutter moving company to offer the most competitive rates and, ultimately, unsurpassed service. The movers were professional and proficient. The prices are right. And the overall experience provides a greater degree of confidence that I could have expected. I will use Clutter in the future and recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 2, 2019

The Clutter experience was great from the first call I made into the service to ask about timing, payments, packing support, etc. Beyond that, I was pleasantly surprised to receive their Amazon gift card for choosing to stick with their service. This gesture definitely spurred me to bring up Clutter in conversation with friends as I was in the process of moving ("not only the they move and store-- they're paying me for it!"). The entire staff was nice, we had a punctual pickup and drop off, and everything arrived as expected.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've used Clutter a few times for moves and storage. They are so professional and courtesy. The minute they answer your call you know you are in good hands. They keep you up to date with all details, the movers/packers are always the nicest young men and are very efficient. They take pictures of EVERYTHING... no guesswork for the customer. Highly recommend CLUTTER!!!

Clutter customer service

Most scheduling and rescheduling is completed through the Clutter website. If you have further logistical questions, you can call Clutter customer service number any day of the week, from Monday to Friday, 6:00–6:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 a.m–5:00 p.m., PT.

Clutter FAQ

Do I have to sign a contract to store with Clutter?
Yes. However, all Clutter storage agreements are month-to-month.
What items are prohibited at Clutter storage?
Clutter company policy prohibits certain items, like liquids, perishable food items, living creatures, hazardous materials, some types of pianos, pool tables and vehicles. A detailed list of Clutter prohibited items can be found on their Terms of Service.
Is Clutter responsible for packing delicate items and valuables?
Clutter can only ensure delicate or valuable items are packed safely with the additional Clutter Plus service. If you don’t have Clutter Plus, then it is your responsibility to pack your delicate belongings correctly.
Can Clutter store my belongings for a month or less?
All Clutter storage contracts are month-to-month. You can store items at a Clutter warehouse for less than a month, but Clutter will not prorate the cost.
Can Clutter dispose of or donate my unwanted items?
No, Clutter will not dispose of or donate unwanted items at this time.
Should I tip Clutter movers?
Only if you want to — Clutter moving specialists appreciate tips, but tipping is not required.
Can I visit my things in Clutter storage?
No, Clutter storage facilities are not open to the public. However, you can schedule the delivery of your items at any time.
What happens if I move outside of the Clutter service areas?
Clutter does not provide shipping services but can help to facilitate the relocation of clients’ belongings anywhere.
Does Clutter charge a late fee for overdue payments?
Yes, Clutter charges a 15% fee if a payment is more than 30 days late.
How much does Clutter storage cost?
Clutter storage rates vary by size and location, but the average Clutter storage cost is $150–$250 per month.
Does Clutter charge a deposit?
Yes, Clutter charges a deposit for first-time pickups. The specific amount will be in the confirmation email sent before your pickup date.

Do we recommend Clutter?

Yes, Clutter storage company is a smart choice for those who live in an area where their services are available. Professional moving and storage specialists take a digital inventory of all their clients’ belongings to eliminate confusion. Plus, Clutter storage facilities are closed to the public and monitored with 24/7 motion-sensor cameras, so you know your most valuable or sentimental items are safe.

Clutter Company Information