Call toll free
4.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the nation’s #1 personal emergency response company that has a proven track record of savings lives and improving customers’ wellbeing. As the industry leader in personal protection, Life Alert is the first medical alert provider that incorporated LTE technology into their cutting-edge devices and services. Life Alert is also the only company that offers mobile protection with GPS that never needs charging, so loved ones are protected 24/7.

As the one and only, “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up,” company, Life Alert offers various lifesaving services that can be designed to fit a person’s lifestyle and budget. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone or call out for help.

With over 40,000 published lifesaving testimonials from grateful customer’s and families, put the safety and life of your loved one in the care of Life Alert.

Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes.

Call today to get a free quote now!

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

My mom did not feel well about 2:30am in the morning. While I live only 12 miles away, Life Alert had called me, and my three friend backups to let them know what was going on. They called me as I was driving dark back roads to get to my mom. They also alerted my friends to what was going on. They let me know when the paramedics arrived to my mom and that they had taken her to the hospital. I was so grateful for their detailed customer service. My mom, who is 85 now, is just fine...but she got to the hospital in time. By time I arrived to the hospital she was already in a room with MDs/nurses being taken care of... Thank you Life Alert-

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

About 3 weeks ago, I fell outside (didn’t get hurt). I pushed my Life Alert button, not sure if it went through. Less than a minute or so my phone rang and it was Life Alert saying, “Paramedics are on the way.” Then asked if I was hurt and then said they would call my daughter. I said my son-in-law was on his way up. I was able to call him. Life Alert called paramedics and son-in-law, and talked to them. So, I am so glad I had it or I would have been in trouble. If I hadn’t had Life Alert, I don’t know what would have happened. Where I fell, no one would have seen me and it would have been an hour and a half before my daughter would have called, and then when I didn’t answer, they would have come up to see where I was, and been really worried… Yes, I am thankful for Life Alert.

Original review: July 19, 2019

What a wonderful, caring company you have! My Life Alert neck pendant was stolen (police know). I quickly was sent another... That, too, was stolen. The woman to whom I spoke was kind and empathetic and said if I paid $25 postage, there would be no charge for another. I told her she took a bad day and turned it in to a beautiful day! As you know, the best advertising, it’s been said, is word of mouth. (I’m on the job!) All the folks at Life Alert are great, with much patience and empathy. Thank you for being you and having this wonderful company!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I am 80 years old and live by myself. Since my son enrolled me in Life Alert I have had to call for help (4) times. The first (3) calls was because I lost my balance and fell down and needed help to get back up. The last time was severe pain in one of my legs and knee in the middle of the night. Had to be taken to the ER for X-Rays and treatment. I cannot tell you what a help Life Alert has been to me. The police that came to my house with the ambulance and the EMTs were so nice to me, and arrived very quickly, and knew exactly how to get in my house and had all my information in order to treat me. Thank you for your service! God bless!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I can’t think of but two times Life Alert has been called purposely, and they have been fast, courteous, and responsible to get 911 out here on the double; and stayed with me while awaiting the arrival of EMTs, talking while waiting to be sure I was not seriously in dire straits. One time was when I fell out of bed between bed and table, first time in 84 years that had happened. Same results. Yes, I am much impressed with Life Alert, as was the medical driver. As a matter of fact, I just finished talking to a friend about them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was outside my home when I fell down. I knew I could not get up by myself. I pushed my alarm and Life Alert came on. (In the meantime, a neighbor came and helped me up.) I told Life Alert that I was OK, that a neighbor had helped me. I went to my home, and found Life Alert checking on me. I said I was OK, and they called two contacts, who also checked on me. I really thought Life Alert was excellent...continuing their care through.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

When I moved into a senior living with pull cords and people to respond 24/7, I tried to cancel my service. I was not allowed to. I was told by the billing department that all they needed was a letter from my new residence confirming that I have an alert system here. We have continually faxed and emailed the letter and they insist they are not getting it. Sending by certified mail today. They are not customer friendly. Buyer beware.

Life Alert Emergency Response response

Dear Shelvie,

We have investigated your concerns and found we have performed our best to assist you. Unfortunately, we have not received the required documentation to cancel.

However, our representatives have been in touch with you and we are currently in the process of cancelling your account. We apologize that you feel you have had a difficult time. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Sincerely,

Life Alert

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I called Life Alert to get information about their service for my mother. I spoke with a customer service representative. He informed me that we could do a conference call with my mother to discuss it further. The 3 of us talked about it and my mother decided to go with it. During the conversation the rep never volunteered that there is a 3 year contract. I had to ask if it was month to month or a contract. Even so, my mother said she would go with their service. They took her information and credit card number, etc. They told her they wouldn't charge her card until she signed the contract, which they would send within 3 days. We looked at the reviews of Life Alert and decided not to go with the service after all, because it is very difficult to get out of the contract, even if you provide the paperwork needed from the doctor, etc stating that the person is no longer independent.

Therefore, my mother left a message with the rep we were working with stating she changed her mind and didn't want it after all. After she left the message, the sales rep called 5 times a day or more. He also called me every day. They apparently don't take no for an answer. Then I received a text asking to call a different rep back regarding my mother's "paid" service. I called him and told him we already said we didn't want the service. He claimed they had never received the message and they had charged my mother the $198.00 installation fee and needed to reverse the charge!

They charged her credit card but never sent out the equipment nor provided any service! This seems to be a very unethical and shady way to do business. They harass the elderly by calling and calling and attempting to use high pressure sales tactics. Shame on Life Alert for taking advantage of elderly people! My mother called her credit card company and if the charge isn't reversed, of course the credit card company will take care of the dispute.

Not only do they harass and try to pressure people, they are way more expensive than most similar services and require a contract. All the others are month to month. I am shocked at how a company can operate the way they do. I have never experience anything like the amount of harassing calls and nasty attitudes that come from Life Alert. No one should be subjected to that kind of stress from a company that is supposed to "care" about people.

Life Alert Emergency Response response

Dear Diane,

Unlike other companies who will charge you up front and then take weeks to send out the equipment, Life Alert never charges prior to installation but sets up a pre-authorization of a deposit which automatically drops off in 7 days.

When a new customer cannot be reached, regardless of whether they are cancelling or not, we text their emergency contacts to ensure the person is alright, because Life Alert takes saving lives seriously and we know a catastrophe can happen at any time. We were calling to confirm the cancellation, but unfortunately our calls were not answered or returned. Once we finally made contact, we assured you that the deposit authorization was reversed and we never called again.

Life Alert is the industry leader in personal protection, and no other medical alert company can come close to what we offer and the guarantee help that we provide. Life Alert has over 40,000 lifesaving testimonials from grateful customers and their family just on our website alone. This does not include the hundreds of testimonials found on Consumer Affairs. It’s disappointing that you have made a decision based on only 5% of negative feedback (many of them fake complaints by competitors) versus 95% positive, all verified, testimonials. But if you ever reconsider, we invite you to go to this site and see the hundreds of people who switched over to Life Alert after getting cheap emergency service from competitors. http://www.lifealert.com/lifealertbetterservice.aspx

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I had a sudden episode of extremely painful diverticulitis. Not only that, my blood pressure fell to 80/30 which caused me to almost pass out. I hit my Life Alert pendant and I would say the ambulance arrived in about 10 minutes. I was taken to the ER, which I don’t really remember, but know Life Alert saved my life.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

They stayed on the phone, kept me and my granddaughter calm; it’s like someone was with us….The people of Life Alert have been wonderful and it keeps me and my son worry free.

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

The 24/7 emergency response team sends fast help in the event of a fall or home invasion with the push of a button. Monthly service fees range $49.95. Mobile battery unit can last up to 10 years.

• Cutting edge technology: Quality technology is designed and manufactured for all lifestyles and ages to ensure protection at home or on the go.

• 24/7 monitoring centers: U.S.-based monitoring centers ensure that help can be summoned quickly and accurately 24/7.

• Five Diamond certified: Five Diamond certified with the International Central Station Alarm Association.

• No fees: Free shipping and no equipment costs. Device comes with free warranty.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410