4.89/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

4117 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My wife fell and the response was so quick I couldn’t believe it. The EMTs were at the door and helping her within minutes of the fall. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Life Alert contacted us, and they kept trying until they could get a hold of us. They even called our work. Our father had fallen near his bed and was alert enough to finally press his button. Life Alert staff was thorough and reacted quickly and efficiently! The ambulance was already at his house when we arrived. They had also contacted his nephew who was listed as a contact. Thank you for all you do.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had a fall episode. I was unconscious for a period of time and do not remember pressing my Life Alert button, but somehow I did. They contacted my family members and ambulance personnel. I am very thankful, without Life Alert I don’t know how this would have ended.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I’ve only had one experience with Life Alert, but that first experience was wonderful! They were very prompt, kind, and reassuring. I thank you.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Life Alert has come to my aid many times and each time they are prompt and very helpful while waiting for help to arrive. They stayed with me and kept me calm until they knew help had arrived. That’s why I don’t mind paying every month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Life Alert stayed on the phone with mom until emergency services could get to her. Life Alert was able to tell emergency workers where the key was hidden in the garage as well as give them the code to open the garage door. We cried and hugged each other at the hospital saying how happy we were with Life Alert. It really works!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had received three booster shots for the flu, pneumonia and diphtheria (in error by a pharmacist). I should only have had the flu shot. However, I awoke in the night with severe vomiting and the room was spinning like a 100 mph. My left arm was red hot, with a black line going down my arm as well as being swollen. I had no option but to contact Life Alert due to the severe reaction.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I fell outside my door and fractured my hip. Life Alert was very kind and helpful. I feel safe knowing that they’re there when I call.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

When I pressed the Life Alert button, they answered right away. They stayed on the phone with me until the ambulance arrived. They were kind and very efficient. I cannot praise them enough.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My mom was having a reaction to a medication she received, and it left her very weak and she was short of passing out. Life Alert was called and got her to the hospital. It helped a lot, as we got her back on track. The Life Alert team was very helpful and very calming for my mom. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My mother had a dizzy spell while in the bathroom and fainted. I was home at the time and pushed the Life Alert button as I needed assistance with her. The paramedics arrived within five minutes. She suffered no major injury. Life Alert stayed until paramedics did not need further information.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My mom’s legs were weak that day and she was unable to get up off the couch. She wasn’t near the phone so Life Alert couldn’t speak to her. However, shortly after, the EMTs arrived and helped her up!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Mom fell and couldn’t get to her phone to call me. She pressed her Life Alert button and the dispatcher sent an ambulance. She could have been on the floor for hours if she hadn’t had Life Alert! We are grateful for their quick response and the peace of mind in knowing they are just a button push away.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The Life Alert employee could not be any better. I had fallen on the carpet because I had turned around too fast. The paramedics checked my vitals and said they could take me to the hospital. I refused to go as no bleeding or bones broken. I just needed help to get on my feet.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I am reassured because I have Life Alert. When I called, the Life Alert employee was great! Thank you for being there.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My mother woke up and felt confused. She hit her head, but with the help of Life Alert, help arrived within a few minutes.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I lost my balance getting ready for bed. I was not able to hinder the fall, as my feet slid on the slippery floor. I was laying on the floor and I was trying to get up, but couldn’t. My hearing aid and telephone was out of reach so I pushed my Life Alert button. A few minutes later, I heard the garage door open and voices coming to my rescue. They took my hand and walked me to my bed. I very much appreciate the polite and efficient people at Life Alert.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Life Alert has helped my mother in a life extending manner in the past few months. She had to use the device by herself the first time and I was with her just recently when she had to push the button again. She is still in the hospital getting better, but she would probably not be if it wasn’t for your help!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I was frightened by someone I thought was an intruder at 5:30 in the morning constantly ringing the doorbell. It was pitch dark and I could not see who it was. I pushed the help button in the bathroom and Life Alert immediately contacted law enforcement and solved the problem.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I was experiencing a lot of pain in my hips, legs, and feet. I was with my daughters when I pushed the Life Alert button. Life Alert was a great help to me and I would recommend Life Alert to anyone who needs help right away. Thank you, Life Alert!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I fell and I thought I could get up by myself, but I found out that I need someone to help me up. I pushed the Life Alert button and they were here in five minutes or less. They gently helped me up the stairs. They were very nice people, smiling at me and talking to me as they were helping me in my home.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Mother had trouble breathing and had pain in her lower stomach. Life Alert was called and they called the rescue squad who in turn took her to the hospital. They stayed in contact with my mother until help arrived.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

To begin with I have no depth perception. I was sewing with a machine and sowed through my finger. The needle went through the nail and through the back of my finger, so I pushed my Life Alert pendant. Everyone was extremely courteous. Ten minutes later four men came to my door. Out came the needle, and one washed the finger and put on a band aid. It’s been a few weeks now. P.S. I went right back to sewing and sowed for several hours.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Brother slipped in the shower and could not get back on his feet. He did not injury himself, but needed help to get back on his feet. Life Alert notified the local fire/rescue who responded quickly to the call, and were able to assist him.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I fell on the ground beside the garage -- couldn’t get up -- I was not wearing my “outdoor” pendant, so I couldn’t talk with anyone -- I made it to the garage on my bum and kept pressing my pendant. The firemen came, lifted me up, and helped me in the house -- you called my son and daughter to make sure everything was ok. I appreciate you calling them. Nice company, good people to work with and it gives me a sense of confidence to work outside or when in the shower -- thanks Life Alert!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I was returning from the bathroom at 3:00am one morning with my walker. I inadvertently positioned it wrong and I fell. I tried to get up on my own -- but could not -- so I pressed my Life Alert button more than once (it was the first time I used it). You got me help immediately. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I was walking down the hallway to the bathroom and I hit a closet door that I had forgotten to close. The door hit the floor and I fell to my knees. I couldn’t get up, so I pushed my Life Alert panic button. Fifteen minutes the ambulance and paramedics arrived and took me to the emergency room. The service is great. I didn’t have any broken bones, thank goodness.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

(CO2) Gas detector started beeping which went straight to Life Alert, who then called fire department. I was told to go outside and wait for the firemen, which I did. They tested all appliances -- we needed to purchase a new water heater. All was taken care of. Life Alert handled everything. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I fell and broke my hip. The lady on the radio kept talking and asking me questions, because I was scared to death! The ambulance came and they were very nice. I have recommended Life Alert to several people and I think one got it for her mom! Your service is great for old folks like me!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My mother has had Life Alert for 6 years. It has helped her stay independent. She was able to stay in her apartment, the staff did as we requested. If she fell and just needed the front desk, they called them before calling emergency.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410