2. Medical Alert Systems

4.9/5 (380 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Life Alert Emergency Response

Life Alert is the nation’s #1 personal emergency response company that has a proven track record of savings lives and improving customers’ wellbeing. As the industry leader in personal protection, Life Alert is the first medical alert provider that incorporated LTE technology into their cutting-edge devices and services. Life Alert is also the only company that offers mobile protection with GPS that never needs charging, so loved ones are protected 24/7.

Pros

• Cellular and landline functions
  • Batteries never need charging
  • Nationwide service

Cons

• Not covered by Medicare

Bottom Line

Life Alert Emergency Response designs its own medical alert devices and provides a variety of personal protection services. The company provides 24/7 nationwide service with easy-to-use, low-maintenance medical alert systems.

Top Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Verified

I had a fall and had a concussion and not able to sleep. Called Life Alert in a hysterical moment and they called ambulance and daughter. Same thing happened two nights later. Lif...

Verified

I was outside my home when I fell down ... I pushed my alarm and Life Alert came on. (In the meantime, a neighbor came and helped me up.) I told Life Alert that I was OK ... I wen...

How does Life Alert work?

Life Alert, the oldest emergency response company in the United States, creates medical alert devices that let customers feel safe while living at home and retaining their independence. With nationwide service and low-maintenance medical alert systems, you can get started with Life Alert by viewing their available products.

Life Alert devices

Life Alert has products for every life situation and services that can easily be customized to fit your needs. If you need help, Life Alert’s two-way monitoring device puts you in contact with the company's on-site dispatch center so that a Life Alert representative can stay on the line with you until help arrives. All products come with professional installation and a lifetime warranty, which ensures that your Life Alert system is ready when you need it.

Emergency pendants
  • Waterproof
  • 800-feet range
  • Wear as a wristband or pendant
  • Battery lasts up to seven years
Help buttons
  • Specially designed for bathroom and shower use
  • No telephone or electrical outlet needed
  • Battery lasts up to 10 years
Home intrusion protection
  • Audio monitoring system with a small “help” button
  • Hypersensitive microphone detects unusual activity in your home
  • Can request police response if necessary
Life Alert Mobile
  • Special button for use outside the home
  • Battery lasts up to 10 years
  • GPS services included
Life Alert app/cell phone services
  • For cell phones, get Life Alert speed dial services
  • For smartphones, get the Life Alert mobile app

How much is Life Alert?

Life Alert offers a variety of lifesaving services ranging in price so you can design the right protection package to suit your lifestyle and budget.

Life Alert’s Signature Service starts at $49.95 and includes free use of equipment, free shipping and 24/7 monitoring from Life Alert’s 5-Diamond TMA certified emergency dispatch center.

Does Medicare cover Life Alert?

No, Life Alert systems usually aren’t covered by Medicare. However, if you have Medicare Advantage or Medicaid, you may be eligible for partial or full medical alert system coverage or reimbursement. You might also qualify for medical alert coverage under your long-term care insurance plan.

Is Life Alert worth it?

Life Alert is an industry leader, and the company says it has saved more than 530,000 lives since 2008. Life Alert offers nationwide services that protect you in and out of the home and states it saves a life every 11 minutes. If you're searching for comprehensive and reliable service from a known and trusted name, Life Alert is a good choice.

Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

At 6:00 pm, I was in my kitchen and tripped on a standing towel rack. I hit my head on the pantry door as I went down resulting in a large knot and could not get up. I pushed my neck pendant and Life Alert, knowing were my front door key was and who to contact, were here in minutes. I sat in a chair and it was decided I should go to the emergency room and get an MRI on my head and it turned out ok.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I fell on my cement porch and tried to get up- to no avail! I pressed my Life Alert wrist button and got an answer in a minute or two. I knew it was bad and I would not use the left foot at all. I had help in a short while and went to the hospital and found that I had broken a metatarsal bone on my foot. I still am not able to use it fully but am doing fine. If not for Life Alert I would have waited longer for help.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Patient took his lift chair upstairs. When it got to the top, he realized he didn’t have his cane. He got up and moved to get the cane, lying on the floor at his feet at the top of the stairs. He hollered for me and I came finding him lying on the stairs, face down and body followed. I did not waste time. I pushed the button for Life Alert. Keeping in touch with two responders, got [patient] up and on his feet. Thank God. Everyone had a job and they did it. He was banged up some, but not serious.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

On May 14, 2020, I started to get off my bed and slipped down onto the floor where I was unable to get up. I am 93 years old and in good health for my age, but I was caught in a tight spot. I was not hurt but I just could not get up. I was able to push my Life Alert button and help arrived in an amazingly short time. Your phone messenger stayed with me all the time and reassured me that help was coming. Thank you for all your help.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

For some reason, I blacked out and fell backwards. When I came to, I was bleeding as I had cut quite a gash on the side of my head, and I was bleeding and couldn’t get up as I’ve got two bad knees. Luckily, I was wearing my Life Alert pendant and they answered my call quickly, notified my daughter-in-law and my granddaughter and off to the hospital. Had several staples to close the cut and many x-rays. I am so grateful that I have Life Alert!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

Ordered life alert and lifeline, still 5 weeks later not set up because no equipment received! Pay upfront, get nagged for reviews and feedback and to setup my account, but unable to do anything! Where is my lifeline system?

Life Alert Emergency Response response

Lifeline and Life Alert are two different companies. You did not order from LIFE ALERT. As the industry leader in saving lives, when you join our family, we ship your equipment FREE of charge to you with 2-3 days, and assist with setting up our lifesaving services BEFORE any monitoring payment is due. Unfortunately, other companies are not as attentive to their customers. If you would like to know more about why we are the nation's #1 medical alert company, please call 1-800-360-0329 and we promise to get you set up and safe immediately.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Mom fell and broke her elbow (humorous bone). Life Alert stayed on through the whole ordeal and called family on list and called to check on her. We appreciated it very much.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I’ve had both seizures and a heart tachycardia. Life Alert, for me, helped when I couldn’t get to my cell phone.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My father fell in the bathroom and called Life Alert to get an ambulance to take him to the hospital. Life Alert was there and very helpful and stayed on the phone until EMT’s arrived.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Mom fell and broke her hip and Life Alert called emergency personnel right away, even though no one answered home phone. Then follow up with a call to me right away. Life Alert response was better than excellent. Thank you.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
    www.lifealert.com