Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4539 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My mom needed help, and was unable to move. Your Life Alert operator summoned fire and ambulance, and notified me. They helped my mom. Thank you. Also your operator was on line until she was transported to the hospital.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I fell while going out our front doorstep. I had a 4-pronged cane, but didn’t have it positioned adequately. I landed in the flower bed on my left shoulder. Didn’t break anything. I pushed the Life Alert alarm button and help was immediately on the way. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

was having side effects from a new medicine causing weakness and swelling of my legs and dizziness. I tried getting out of the recliner and slid off to the floor. The fall caused the Life Alert button to go off. EMT’s and family came and helped me back up. Discontinued the medicine and am doing fine. Thanks so much for your assistance. It makes a huge difference when living alone.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I stepped off my carport (about 6”), lost my balance and fell. My friend was outside with me but did not have the strength to get me up. Life Alert got our local EMS to me promptly.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had extreme pain and my doctor told me (by phone) to go to the hospital. Unable to drive, I called Life Alert. In a very short time the meds arrived and took me to the hospital emergency ward. Before the day was over I was having surgery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My mom fell, and broke her nose and cracked her rib. She doesn’t remember talking to Life Alert. I’m so grateful she pushed her emergency button. We were notified of the alert and informed of which hospital she was going to. The police officer that was notified stayed with mom until the rescue squad came to get her.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

While getting ready for bed, she lost her balance and fell backwards, hitting her head on a table. With no way of getting back on her feet, she pushed her Life Alert button and the operator summoned 911 on her behalf.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Have called Life Alert on two occasions. Both have been very positive. On one they took me to the ER, on the other call it was just a house call. Both because of falls. Both were answered quickly.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

fell in the kitchen at 5:30am. No way could I get up. Called Life Alert and they contacted the paramedics and stayed on the phone with me until they arrived and got me on my feet. I appreciated their kindness and concern. Please thank the operator.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My legs went out from under me and I was going down 3 flights of steps and could not get up. I hit the alert button and talked to the Life Alert people, and the fire department arrived within 10 minutes. Thank God for Life Alert. They were great and very professional.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I fell and Life Alert had help there in just a matter of minutes. They called an ambulance and the ones on my list to get in touch with. Thankful for Life Alert.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

When the crew of Life Alert reached my home 4 ½ minutes after I called them, I felt so safe – I asked God to love and bless these wonderful men that responded to help me. I am home now. I will be 90 years in December. May God bless all of the persons who work for Life Alert.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I was scared but I needed help, I was having a problem with my throat. The Life Alert staff was wonderful. They were pleasant, really patient, and they were so nice and really seemed to be concern. I felt calm.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had fallen and could not get up. I notified Life Alert and they had fire and rescue, and an ambulance here in 15 minutes. Very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

On July 19, 2018, I fell in my backyard. I called out for help but none of my neighbors were in their yards. I wasn’t sure my Life Alert button would work outdoors, but I pushed on it anyways. The local fire department/rescue truck came and found me, and transported me to the ER. Life Alert phoned my emergency contact list with details.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I fell and broke my left foot, compound fracture. I pressed my Life Alert necklace and the Life Alert staff member came on immediately. They called the EMT’s right away and my son. They saved my foot!! My life too, since I was bleeding profusely. I will definitely recommend Life Alert to everyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I had a vein burst in my leg! I have never seen so much blood in my life! Life Alert let me know that help was on the way! I know this makes my daughter feel better! Wouldn’t be without it!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We got Life Alert for my dad who lives alone. Twice in one week Life Alert helped dad call for an ambulance which he could not have done otherwise. Thank you so much.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My mom’s chair broke and she fell and was unable to get up. She is 99 and lives by herself. Life Alert notified the fire department and her three children. Everything went well. Your program worked great.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Mom fell outside her home and Life Alert was able to call for help for her, and no medical emergency was necessary because of the prompt attention to her situation.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Life Alert staff always contacted me, as I am the contact person to my mom’s alerts, and always followed up with the status. They also let me know when they received a signal that the power was out and were concerned about her oxygen supple. Life Alert is awesome!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

When I need Life Alert your response is very helpful and the staff is very kind and caring. Thank you. I really appreciate having Life Alert.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Mom fell, she received a large skin tear and was unable to get up by herself. Life Alert notified the appropriate authorities to assist my mom. They also notified us of the emergency. Then notified us that she was all right and no transport needed to the hospital.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I have nothing but positive feedback regarding Life Alert company! Anytime, and it seems like it’s more and more, my mom falls. I receive a phone call, and everyone has always been polite and gracious!! Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I was outside and fell in my driveway. After pushing my Life Alert button the emergency unit arrived within 15 minutes. No serious injuries – just couldn’t get up. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Mom had chest pains and the Life Alert attendant gave paramedics pertinent information about her medications and dosages and diagnosed conditions. She turned out to be fine and did not have to be transported to the emergency room.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I needed transport to a doctor appointment - I live alone and did not feel well enough to drive. Life Alert told me that they would have EMT’s transport me to the hospital. They took over and I did not have to worry!! I used my pendant, making it easy!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Fell in the bathroom. Rescuers came quickly and helped get me off the floor which I couldn’t do myself. Life Alert saved me, I would highly recommend them! They stayed on the line until help arrived.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Took a fall in the middle of the night. Life Alert folks called EMS and they were there right away. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My husband slipped to the floor while sitting on the edge of the bed in the morning. He was able to contact Life Alert from his floor position via the GPS. He fell again an hour or so later and they returned to pick him up once again. All 3 young men were polite courteous and helpful.

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

Life Alert is far more than a medical alert system. It offers protection against carbon monoxide poisoning, home invasion, fire and smoke, and much more. It is an all-inclusive security package.

• Service is available nationwide: Call centers handle a variety of areas, with 200 percent more emergency staff per member than a traditional security company.

• The service is comprehensive: This monitored service can notify police, fire departments and hospitals in the event of an emergency.

• On-the-go coverage is available: Life Alert offers emergency services away from home using a cellphone emergency button.

• Price: Life Alert is more expensive than most traditional medical alert systems, but it does offer substantially more service.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410