2. Medical Alert Systems

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.94/5
Learn More

Life Alert is the nation’s #1 personal emergency response company that has a proven track record of savings lives and improving customers’ wellbeing. As the industry leader in personal protection, Life Alert is the first medical alert provider that incorporated LTE technology into their cutting-edge devices and services. Life Alert is also the only company that offers mobile protection with GPS that never needs charging, so loved ones are protected 24/7.

As the one and only, “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up,” company, Life Alert offers various lifesaving services that can be designed to fit a person’s lifestyle and budget. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone or call out for help.

With over 40,000 published lifesaving testimonials from grateful customer’s and families, put the safety and life of your loved one in the care of Life Alert.

Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes.

Call today to get a free quote now!

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

Life Alert Emergency Response designs its own medical alert devices and provides a variety of personal protection services. The company provides 24/7 nationwide service with easy-to-use, low-maintenance medical alert systems.

PROS

• Cellular and landline functions
  • Batteries never need charging
  • Nationwide service

CONS

• Not covered by Medicare

Top Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

I had a fall and had a concussion and not able to sleep. Called Life Alert in a hysterical moment and they called ambulance and daughter. Same thing happened two nights later. Life Alert stayed on alert line until all things are handled satisfactorily both times.

I was outside my home when I fell down ... I pushed my alarm and Life Alert came on. (In the meantime, a neighbor came and helped me up.) I told Life Alert that I was OK ... I went to my home, and found Life Alert checking on me ... I really thought Life Alert was excellent...

Life Alert Emergency Response Call Now Toll Free (800) 920-3410 Learn More Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

How does Life Alert work?

Life Alert, the oldest emergency response company in the United States, creates medical alert devices that let customers feel safe while living at home and retaining their independence. With nationwide service and low-maintenance medical alert systems, you can get started with Life Alert by viewing their available products.

Life Alert devices

Life Alert has products for every life situation and services that can easily be customized to fit your needs. If you need help, Life Alert’s two-way monitoring device puts you in contact with the company's on-site dispatch center so that a Life Alert representative can stay on the line with you until help arrives. All products come with professional installation and a lifetime warranty, which ensures that your Life Alert system is ready when you need it.

Emergency pendants
  • Waterproof
  • 800-feet range
  • Wear as a wristband or pendant
  • Battery lasts up to seven years
Help buttons
  • Specially designed for bathroom and shower use
  • No telephone or electrical outlet needed
  • Battery lasts up to 10 years
Home intrusion protection
  • Audio monitoring system with a small “help” button
  • Hypersensitive microphone detects unusual activity in your home
  • Can request police response if necessary
Life Alert Mobile
  • Special button for use outside the home
  • Battery lasts up to 10 years
  • GPS services included
Life Alert app/cell phone services
  • For cell phones, get Life Alert speed dial services
  • For smartphones, get the Life Alert mobile app

How much is Life Alert?

Life Alert offers a variety of lifesaving services ranging in price so you can design the right protection package to suit your lifestyle and budget.

Life Alert’s Signature Service starts at $49.95 and includes free use of equipment, free shipping and 24/7 monitoring from Life Alert’s 5-Diamond TMA certified emergency dispatch center.

Does Medicare cover Life Alert?

No, Life Alert systems usually aren’t covered by Medicare. However, if you have Medicare Advantage or Medicaid, you may be eligible for partial or full medical alert system coverage or reimbursement. You might also qualify for medical alert coverage under your long-term care insurance plan.

Is Life Alert worth it?

Life Alert is an industry leader, and the company says it has saved more than 530,000 lives since 2008. Life Alert offers nationwide services that protect you in and out of the home and states it saves a life every 11 minutes. If you're searching for comprehensive and reliable service from a known and trusted name, Life Alert is a good choice.

Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response?

Original review: March 12, 2020

I was in my kitchen one morning and all of a sudden I had excruciating pain in my chest and knew it was a heart attack. I have Life Alert’s unit in my kitchen so pressed on it and almost immediately it was answered. I told them the seriousness of my problem, they asked for my phone number and within ten to fifteen minutes the ambulance was coming down my driveway and in another five to ten minutes I was in the hospital being seen by the doctor who immediately started the surgery to put a stent in my clogged artery. I feel your Life Alert system and your employee saved my life. I’m also grateful for the fact that the hospital is only a very short distance from where I live.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

My mom did not feel well about 2:30am in the morning. While I live only 12 miles away, Life Alert had called me, and my three friend backups to let them know what was going on. They called me as I was driving dark back roads to get to my mom. They also alerted my friends to what was going on. They let me know when the paramedics arrived to my mom and that they had taken her to the hospital. I was so grateful for their detailed customer service. My mom, who is 85 now, is just fine...but she got to the hospital in time. By time I arrived to the hospital she was already in a room with MDs/nurses being taken care of... Thank you Life Alert-

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I woke up about 6 AM. Didn’t feel quite right, my right hand felt different, and within about a half hour I couldn’t move my right leg and then my right arm. I pushed the Life Alert button and within seconds the Life Alert was talking to me. There was no doubt I would have been paralyzed. I didn’t know I was having a stroke. But after the first responders were here and talked to the Life Alert man, he remarked, “that was the sickest thing I’ve ever seen.” I have praised Life Alert to the people I associate with at my community center I go to and to my friends at the local AM legion, and anyone who will listen. Life Alert saved my life.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

About 3 weeks ago, I fell outside (didn’t get hurt). I pushed my Life Alert button, not sure if it went through. Less than a minute or so my phone rang and it was Life Alert saying, “Paramedics are on the way.” Then asked if I was hurt and then said they would call my daughter. I said my son-in-law was on his way up. I was able to call him. Life Alert called paramedics and son-in-law, and talked to them. So, I am so glad I had it or I would have been in trouble. If I hadn’t had Life Alert, I don’t know what would have happened. Where I fell, no one would have seen me and it would have been an hour and a half before my daughter would have called, and then when I didn’t answer, they would have come up to see where I was, and been really worried… Yes, I am thankful for Life Alert.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I am 80 years old and live by myself. Since my son enrolled me in Life Alert I have had to call for help (4) times. The first (3) calls was because I lost my balance and fell down and needed help to get back up. The last time was severe pain in one of my legs and knee in the middle of the night. Had to be taken to the ER for X-Rays and treatment. I cannot tell you what a help Life Alert has been to me. The police that came to my house with the ambulance and the EMTs were so nice to me, and arrived very quickly, and knew exactly how to get in my house and had all my information in order to treat me. Thank you for your service! God bless!

Original review: June 12, 2020

Fell and was unable to get up. Called Life Alert and they arranged to have first responders and fire department come to our home. They assisted in helping me up. They were all courteous and helpful. Life Alert was very helpful and also courteous.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I have used Life Alert twice. Once when I was having trouble breathing and another time when I fell. Both times they answered my call in good time and stayed on the line with me until help came. Gave them my information. I would recommend them to others.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I had the flu which caused an asthma attack. My husband was sleeping. I started wheezing and became increasingly S.O.B., I couldn’t call EMS. I was so frightened. I pushed my Life Alert button. When the Life Alert operator asked if I needed help, I couldn’t speak above a whisper. The Life Alert operator responded right away, “I’m sending help.” Approximately ten paramedics and ambulance were here. P.S., my inhaler had expired! I feel Life Alert saved my life!

Original review: June 11, 2020

I fell in my living room and was unable to get back up on my feet. I used my Life Alert button and the operator contacted my local fire dept., who sent help within five minutes. The operator was very calm and reassuring, and stayed on the line with me until the firemen had me up on my feet and had ascertained that I was not injured. Although I was embarrassed at not being able to get up on my own, I was, and am, very grateful to the Life Alert operator and the fire dept.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Life Alert called first responders several times for my father’s severe nosebleeds. This led to a diagnosis that my father required a pacemaker. Without Life Alert, I do not know that my father’s condition would have been diagnosed. Thank you.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
    800-920-3410