Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4753 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2019

Hi everyone, just saw a Life Alert ad and it brought back some bad feeling I have for that company. What they do is great. But when they make a mistake that made the paramedic/firefighters break down our doors to get into my home to help my mom. Which they admitted doing. I’m glad that they were able to get in and help my mother. But I wish Life Alert would have done their job and tell the fireman that we have a lockbox (which Life Alert made us buy and put in) with a door key in it and also give the fireman the combination. Which they were supposed to do. I had to spend over $2000 to replace our double doors.

I asked Life Alert what they were going to do about it and they told me they would give us 3 months free service. They told me that’s what the fine print in the contract we signed says they would be liable for in case they do something wrong that causes damage to your property. 3 months at $59 = $177. That really sucks. Needless to say there are a lot of better, less expensive and with no contract out there. Do your homework and I’ll never use Life Alert again!!!

Life Alert Emergency Response response
Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. Although your mother’s account had been cancelled years ago, we are sorry you feel that you were not justly compensated. All our calls are recorded, so we were able to look into this matter. At the time of your mother’s emergency, you explained that your front doors were very old, cracked, and you were going to replace them anyway, and that you did not expect us to buy you new doors but would like some compensation. We offered you 3 months of free service, which you seemed to be satisfied with at that time. Moreover, we suggested that you send in a receipt for the doors for review, but unfortunately, we never received any further information. Again, we are sorry you had a frustrating experience with us, and we truly wish you well.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I tried to cancel the equipment when my mother went into assisted living. I live in Florida. My mom was in NJ. My sister was taking care of the details. I called. They refused to cancel till they had a death certificate. I told them it was outrageous. She passed a year later. I call 5x. No callback. I've still got the equipment. They are running a scam. Don't ever SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I fell in the kitchen while using the walker. Feet got tangled and I went down, face down. The Life Alert was pressed and I heard a voice from the other room. I called for help and the dispatcher said, “Help, is on the way.” Fire department came in 5 minutes.

Original review: March 22, 2019

July 5th, I fell in the dark and fractured my nose and a rib. Staff notified police and my family. My family was very pleased with Life Alert service. Nov 4th, I felt strange and had trouble thinking and speaking. Your staff member felt I was having a stroke. He had an ambulance here in no time. He stayed on the line talking to me and calming me. I appreciated that very much! I found at the hospital I was having TIA’s.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Life Alert was extraordinarily helpful to our family. My elderly mom lived on her own and though we lived in town we felt it was important for her to have the peace of mind knowing that professional help could arrive quickly. We used your services on several occasions and all were quick, positive, pleasant, and professional. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have COPD and had an extremely difficulty time breathing, and called Life Alert. I ended up staying in the hospital 5 days. I live alone and Life Alert made me very comfortable while ambulance was on the way.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I fell in my home, because of severe weakness in my legs. The EMTs/paramedics where at my home within 5 minutes because Life Alert were “on the ball” so to speak. I have been helped by Life Alert several times in 2018. Thank all who helped.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I was changing from PJ’s to clothes. Turned around, lost balance, fell on bedroom floor, couldn’t get up – tried to pull up on bed, cedar chest, and my Hugo to no luck – punched button around my neck – the Life Alert man alerted firemen, called ambulance – I just needed help getting up from floor – by then firemen were leaving and my son was walking up – he had been alerted.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I fell and needed assistance getting up – the dispatcher stayed on the line assuring me help was on the way – he made sure the emergency attendants were in the room before he left – 20 minutes after all emergency attendants were gone the dispatcher called back to be sure I was okay.

Original review: March 19, 2019

When I was in a rehab facility recovering from a dislocation of my right hip, I laid on the floor for 7 hours waiting for someone to find me, I decided to call Life Alert for installation. That was the best thing I ever did because it saved my life on four more occasions. This last time, and all others, you communicated very well with rescue as to how to get into my house. It has served me well. Thank you.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My husband fell coming in from the garage and broke his hip. The response was prompt and the paramedics were thorough and courteous. The staff on the phone was very attentive. I think Life Alert is a wonderful service and would definitely recommended the service.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My mother was dizzy and unable to walk. I contacted Life Alert, who sent an ambulance to transport my mother to the hospital. While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, the woman on the phone kept in contact with me and only hung up after the ambulance reached the house. She was calm and helpful.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My dad lost his balance and fell. I am his daughter – I arrived at his home a few minutes after he fell. He had contacted Life Alert – he was not seriously hurt. Life Alert is so good about keeping everyone calm and assuring us that help was on the way. I’m so glad he has this service.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My mother fell while returning to bed. No one was with her at the time. She pressed the Life Alert call button, family was alerted as was the paramedics. She was transported by ambulance to the hospital. That day Life Alert staff were very courteous and helpful.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I’ve had several falls, Life Alert responded so fast and were so concerned in taking care of me. The police, fire department and ambulance responded so quick, everyone was so concerned and they all took very good care of me with different falls that I’ve had. I thank you all, God bless everyone that took good care of me!!!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I called Life Alert at around 5:00am as I had gotten up to get a glass of water out of refrigerator and I fell at the door. When I fall I can’t get up as I have arthritis in all my joints and can’t get up when I get down, and they were very good to me.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My sister fell off the bed and pushed the button on the necklace alarm she was wearing. I was unable to get her up and off the floor. Life Alert called the ambulance and stayed on the phone with me until the EMTs arrived. It was a very smooth process. She lives with me but they also called her son who met her at the hospital.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had a severe nose bleed which scared me. I activated my Life Alert, and they were very quick to respond. My experience was very positive and would recommend Life Alert to anyone.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I fell in the bathroom and had nothing to grab onto to lift myself up. Life Alert stayed with me the entire time, until my daughter arrived. This is the second time Life Alert has come to my rescue. I have MS and have balance difficulties. Thank God for being there.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I could not get my breath and I called my neighbor, and she helped me call Life Alert. In a matter of 5-10 minutes, there were 6 people coming through my garage into my kitchen. They gave me oxygen and took me to the hospital.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I had not been feeling well throughout the day. At bedtime my heart rate was rapid. I activated my Life Alert pendant. There was an immediate response; responder called ambulance, remained on line even after ambulance arrived; was very reassuring; and asked pertinent questions. Ultimately notified family. She was marvelous!

Original review: March 11, 2019

My mother has had several falls and other emergencies where she or her caretaker have pressed the Life Alert button. Help came immediately and Life Alert operator was able to give paramedics pertinent information regarding my mother’s health. It was extremely helpful.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I do not remember how, but I fell on the floor in my bedroom and landed with my left leg over my right, preventing me from being able to get up. I used my bum and scooted across the floor, but was tired, so I pressed my Life Alert button (on my wrist). Help was here very quickly. Thank you.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Fell on Thanksgiving Day. Live alone. First time to use everything - went the way it was supposed to. I am so happy to have Life Alert. Anyone living alone should have this system for peace of mind. I am a widow living alone, 77 years old.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I had an episode where blood pressure continued to elevate. Was informed by the doctor to go to the ER if continued. Pressed the Life Alert button. The person called the EMTs and stayed on the line until EMTs arrived, and spoke with them. Also contacted the people on my list. Was very efficient.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Life Alert was wonderful and stayed on the line. My mom got extremely constipated and could not bend to get up. I was worried about an obstruction in the colon. She started to experience pain and we needed to get to the ER ASAP. Life Alert informed the emergency services who came, addressed the situation to them, then transported her to the ER safety. Thank you for your help.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The last time I slipped and fell coming in my back door. Could not get up on my own. Called Life Alert and got a prompt response. Firemen got me up. The knee was damaged but not broken.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I had two episodes of a nose bleed that I could not stop after 2 hours. I live alone and needed help. Life Alert saw to it that medical help arrived and took me to the emergency at the hospital. I had help and exam, and returned home. The help I needed resolved the problem.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had stomach, and chest pain, couldn’t get it to stop, thought it might be a heart attack, called Life Alert and went to the hospital. It was determined to be high blood pressure. Went back 20 days later to be diagnosed with cancer. I am so thankful for Life Alert - everyone is so very nice.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was having dizziness in my head and feeling unbalanced. So called the Life Alert operator. She called the emergency ambulance and kept me on the phone. Life Alert also called my son. After a couple of hours, Life Alert operator called me back to confirm if I was ok.

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

The 24/7 emergency response team sends fast help in the event of a fall or home invasion with the push of a button. Monthly service fees range $49.95. Mobile battery unit can last up to 10 years.

• Cutting edge technology: Quality technology is designed and manufactured for all lifestyles and ages to ensure protection at home or on the go.

• 24/7 monitoring centers: U.S.-based monitoring centers ensure that help can be summoned quickly and accurately 24/7.

• Five Diamond certified: Five Diamond certified with the International Central Station Alarm Association.

• No fees: Free shipping and no equipment costs. Device comes with free warranty.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410