Call toll free
4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Life Alert systems come with a main unit and an emergency pendant. The company has mostly positive reviews. Customers appreciate the company's fast response time and helpful emergency response team. The lightweight pendant is waterproof with a range of 800 feet.

PROS

• Offers smoke and CO Gas detectors
  • Fast response time
  • 24-hour emergency response
  • Helpful emergency response team
  • Alerts loved one and emergency medical services

CONS

• Customized pricing
  • Refunds processing times can vary

4571 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My wife was home alone for a brief period when she fell and was unable to get up without help. After pushing the Life Alert button, the sheriff was there within minutes with the EMT’s, and her family there shortly. She was well taken care of. We greatly appreciated Life Alert.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Had a duodenal ulcer attack. Thought it was heart attack when I called Life Alert. Response was wonderful. Got immediate help and made to feel comfortable and calm.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I fell out of bed and could not get up. I pressed the button for help. Life Alert took over at this time. EMT’s came to my apartment and helped me off the floor, asked me if I needed to go to the hospital. I said no. They made sure I was alright.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Life Alert was very prompt when I fell. Ambulance arrived quietly, as requested. I am very pleased with Life Alert. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

On August 23, I was attempting to put my trailer on my truck. I lost control of the trailer and it knocked me down. I landed in a sitting position on a hard surface. The impact caused me to be partially paralyzed. I used Life Alert to summon help. The response was excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I fell during an electrical outage but was able to use my Life Alert. EMS came right away and assisted. We love Life Alert!! Also they were invaluable during my husband’s lengthy illness.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

When one is alone and feeling sick and faint having the voice from Life Alert assure you someone is on the way it is comforting. Life Alert notified family and the ambulance, and I was taken to the hospital immediately.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I was at my friend’s house when I had my emergency. Life Alert GPS responder got me help from your staff. They were very helpful and stayed with me till help arrived. I can’t say enough about your services. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Slid out of bed while trying to get up. Water proof pad made me slide. Fell on knees. Could not get up without help. Had to call Life Alert for fire department to help me get up. Lady stayed on line and was very courteous.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My heart stopped beating, I passed out and fell on my tile floor. Broke nose and 2 bones in my neck. After pushing the Life Alert button emergency people came right away and took me to the hospital.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I fell in my bedroom and pressed my Life Alert necklace button. The person was very helpful and fast in dispatching EMT’s to my house. They helped me up and checked me out and determined I was fine. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was walking our little dog, have been living here 6 months and never knew there was a drop off, and went down the bank about 6 feet, my legs are very weak once down, could not get up. So when I went down, I could not stand up. My wife called Life Alert, and 2 men came and helped me to my feet.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Life Alert stayed on the line until EMTs came to take me to the ER. I’m home now and relieved to have Life Alert. It brings me peace of mind!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I’m very impressed. The service I received was exactly what I saw advertised on television. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I awoke quite ill – had been for days but thought I’d get better. This morning I faced the fact that I’d better call for an ambulance. I called my Life Alert and the girl called an ambulance, which took me to the hospital. She was polite and speedy, which I appreciated!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My mom’s blood pressure was very high and she was having vision issues. Life Alert felt very strongly that EMT’s needed to be sent. My mom spent two days in the hospital before things were (and still are) fairly normal for a 92 year old. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My mom fell in the bathroom and Life Alert called the fire department and paramedics. They got her up and moving. Thank you so much!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I slipped getting out of the tub. The dispatcher was calming, called 911 immediately, and stayed with me until help came.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I was outside on a freezing, snowy night to de-leach a dog – door locked behind me – no coat or boots, I pressed my Life Alert. They got a hold of the fire department who responded, opened the key lock box, and let me in. I could not see the numbers on lock box because it was too dark.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I was losing a lot of blood and Life Alert saved my life getting me to the hospital very fast. Thank you for being there.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

My mother had gotten dehydrated and was so dizzy she could not sit up. I called Life Alert and help was on the way.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I had been having severe pain in my back and also my chest. I couldn’t lay in bed or sit back in my lazy boy. When I rang Life Alert, they answered immediately and stayed on the line until the ambulance came.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I felt dizzy and pressed the button. Life Alert responded immediately and called my daughter. Rescue was notified and responded quickly, and took me to the hospital.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I fell and couldn’t get up. I received help from local emergency personnel. I was surprised when my son came in and I found out my other son and daughter were called to let them know of my welfare. Thank you, Life Alert, so much for the help I received.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My father signed up for the life alert system earlier in the year. The sales people were very pushy and used high pressure sales tactics. They told us that the system had a three year money back guarantee if the person using the system died or went into a nursing home within 3 years. 3 months later my father could no longer live by himself and had to go to a nursing home. They asked for proof which we provided and then they said the guarantee only applied if the customer died. This is a company that only cares about getting your money and wont honor anything it promises. There are other companies out there that will do more for you and cost much less without a 3 year commitment or dishonest salespeople!

Life Alert Emergency Response response

Dear Neil,

We understand the challenges that families face when having to uproot their elderly loved and move them into a nursing home. It can be a confusing time.

Life Alert is the only medical alert company that has a money back guarantee that if a person dies at home alone – Life Alert will refund all the monies back. This is noted in the Monitoring Fee Refund paragraph of our Service Agreement. We do not refund money if the person goes into a nursing home, however, we will cancel the agreement with no penalty fees when the paperwork is provided.

Please know that it would not have been financially or professionally adventitious for the representative to have misled the customer. There simply would not have been any benefit to the rep, but instead serious financial retributions.

Unlike other companies, Life Alert puts its promises in writing so our customers know that their price is guaranteed, there are no hidden fees, and they are protected by the industry leader in personal protection.

We are sorry for the confusion you may have felt and hope this response has been helpful.

Very Sincerely,

Life Alert

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Life Alert gives me a feeling of security. I have fallen about 4 or 5 times and your employee calms me down by saying, “Help is on the way.” Really appreciate you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I fell in the shower and was unable to get up. Thank goodness I have a Life Alert button right in my shower. Help arrived quickly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Tripped in the living room turning on the carpet. My vitals were checked. I was helped to my feet with no consequences.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We were sitting and talking when the Life Alert alarm from you folks told us to get out of the house. Our house was loaded with gas, help arrived, and we opened doors for the gas to leave the house. We and family thank you folks for advising us of this problem. It could have been a major tragedy. Thanks again. I don’t think that this system can be beat.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My mom fell and the ambulance had to be called. She just pushed her Life Alert button and they called me and the EMT’s. Service was prompt and we appreciate it very much.

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

The 24/7 emergency response team sends fast help in the event of a fall or home invasion with the push of a button. Monthly service fees range $49.95. Mobile battery unit can last up to 10 years.

• Cutting edge technology: Quality technology is designed and manufactured for all lifestyles and ages to ensure protection at home or on the go.

• 24/7 monitoring centers: U.S.-based monitoring centers ensure that help can be summoned quickly and accurately 24/7.

• Five Diamond certified: Five Diamond certified with the International Central Station Alarm Association.

• No fees: Free shipping and no equipment costs. Device comes with free warranty.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410