Life Alert Emergency Response

Consumer Reviews

This had happened twice. I fell down at home and could not reach a telephone. I pressed the Life Alert button on my necklace and talked to Life Alert through the machine, which was across the room. Life Alert asked what kind of help I needed. I told them to call 911 and have them send a fire truck to help me up. Life Alert stayed on the phone with me until they came. Life Alert asked how the firemen could get in. I told them there was a code for the lock on the front door. Life Alert was very supportive and reassuring and even called me back to make sure I got the help I needed. I was very thankful I had Life Alert.

I had sugar and water on stove to make hummingbird feed. I forgot it until the smoke alarm came on. I looked in the kitchen--all smoke and took pan off the stove. Life Alert called and said to open all doors and windows, they called the fire department. Two neighbors came right away. Life Alert called the fire department--they brought a fire truck and put a fan to draw smoke out.

I was running a temperature of 104 degrees, incoherent, and could not put one foot in front of the other. My family pressed the Life Alert and EMTs were here in a couple of minutes. When I arrived at the hospital, I was told I had pneumonia, severe UTI and was septic. My hospital stay was 29 days. I thank Life Alert for saving my life.

I suppose Life Alert's action were small, but priceless to me. Just a matter of getting me back on my feet. After grocery shopping one Friday, I began carrying my grocery bags into my house from the garage. I was tired and didn't pick my foot high enough, I hit below the step and fell forward. I was not hurt - just couldn't get up. When the firemen came, they not only got me on my feet but finished carrying the rest of my groceries in the house. Thank you!

My dad woke up with a horrible pain in his right arm. We could not get him out of bed due to the pain. I called Life Alert. They responded immediately. Within minutes, the paramedics came to help. After checking my dad, they rushed him to the nearest emergency room at the hospital. Life Alert stayed on the system the whole time the paramedics were helping.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Recently my mom fell going to use the bathroom at 2am. She broke her collarbone. She pushed the Life Alert button, which awoke me. Within 15 minutes, paramedics were here and helped her to her feet. She opted not to go to the hospital at that time. We took her the next day.

My foot was stuck in an afghan and I was trying to free it. I got the afghan on the floor near my Hoveround’s front wheels. Then the wheel got stuck in the afghan and the chair wouldn't move. My kids who live nearby were out of town so I had to hit my new Life Alert button or never get to the bathroom again. I wheeled my chair back to my bedside and got in bed. Two paramedics came and got out medical knives and started cutting off the afghan. Then they vacuumed all the fuzz. I couldn't have been happier.

I fell in my living room and couldn't get up. The lady on the Life Alert was in my bedroom base and was hard to hear but then I noticed my phone was in reach of my cane nearby, so I managed to use that to get the phone in my hand. She was advising me where the aid car was in coming to my aid.

Most recent experience happened when the hospital called me to go to the emergency room. I did not know at that time, that I was in a serious situation. I called Life Alert as I was talking to the hospital personnel. Life Alert responded in minutes and stayed in contact with me until the EMS arrived. Even after the arrival of the EMS, Life Alert continued to talk with me and reassured me until I was placed in the EMS ambulance.

I am 98 years old but generally healthy. Evidently, I fell down in my apartment because I was extremely amoebic (when I arrived at the hospital, my red blood cells registered at '7,' which was told was dangerously low). Lying on the floor, I pressed my Life Alert button. I wiggled and crawled until I pulled myself up onto a chair. The doorbell rang; the ambulance had arrived. At this point, the building superintendent, who is due to be called by Life Alert, had not arrived, so I carefully stood up and went to the front door myself. We later learned that the superintendent was not at home that evening. Lesson: my son subsequently bought a “lockbox,” which holds my front door key and is opened by anyone with the combination, which he has given Life Alert for future use if needed.

Shortness of breath, I could not breathe. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I pushed the Life Alert button and voice came on. Five minutes later, four men from nearby fire station came and were so nice, very competent, and helpful; and took me to the emergency hospital for help. I'm anemic also.

I needed the fire department to check my light fixture as I had trouble trying to change a bulb late at night and was afraid there could be a short and start a fire. Life Alert got the fire department out (no sirens needed) and asked if they needed to contact my emergency contacts (they did not). Life Alert stayed on the line all through the fire department’s help and all ended well. No short and I did not get hurt, trying to change the bulb myself. It was an overhead light in the front room.

I passed out (did not fall) in my bathroom. I did not hit anything to hunt myself. I just could not get up. I had knee surgery in September 2013, so it’s hard to get up without something to hold on to. I pushed my Life Alert necklace then decided I didn’t need help and pushed it again--I got a call from Life Alert. An EMT was at my house within minutes. The Life Alert contacted my sister who was a mile away. Life Alert also called an ambulance. I had a UTI, which I'd never had before and never wish to have again. The next day, my daughter took me for an appointment with a surgeon to make a date for my surgery on my back. While I was waiting for my daughter to check me in at the hospital for blood, chest x-ray, and an EKG, I passed out again and my head hit a big aluminum column. No harm to my head but I spent 4 days in the hospital going through all kinds of tests to make sure my heart was okay. Now it’s funny, even hilarious, but not then. Glad I had the Life Alert necklace.

When I fell, it was on my back. Having a bad back, I could not get up. The Life Alert staff was very good, kept talking to me until help arrived. While I was talking to her, she called my daughter. When we decided I was OK, Life Alert called my daughter back telling her I was OK. Very nice, I thought.

My husband went to bed early, and I decided to stay up and watch TV in the living room. I fell asleep while watching the TV. Apparently, my husband tried calling out to me, but I could not hear him. I heard the Life Alert system go off and ran into the bedroom. The Life Alert operator stayed online with me until the EMS came. It was comforting to have someone to talk to and give updates on my husband. My husband is doing well and was released the same day. Great job, thank you!

I had taken my garbage out and I must have locked my door behind me. I didn’t have my cane, cellphone, or keys with me. I tried to walk to the house next door. Nobody answered. I was able to get back to my steps and started having chest pains. It was hot and had no shade. The pains got worse. I told myself my Life Alert is supposed to work in the yard. I pushed Life Alert and of course I couldn’t hear or talk to anyone. I just prayed someone would come. I soon heard the sirens. EMTs took me to the hospital. I just kept telling everyone I was thankful for my Life Alert. It's truly a God's send. Thank you!

Since I have a heart condition, I have had to call Life Alert. They have been wonderful answering as quickly as possible when I tell the Life Alert operator that it is a heart problem and to send paramedics. Also, one other time Life Alert called me on the smoke alarm and told me to leave the house. There was a potato which caught on fire in the microwave almost no smoke but Life Alert called the fire department. Very quick response even though I told them it was not necessary they persisted. I recommend Life Alert to everyone. Since, I live alone I would never want to be without Life Alert! I realize there are other plans but no one is as good and reliable as Life Alert, and I tell everyone about Life Alert.

About 3am, I woke to go to the bathroom. My slippers were under a recliner. As I bent over to find them a table moved and I fell head first and landed on my hands. The telephone was out of reach. One of my hands were caught under my chest. I finally got it loose and felt the Life Alert pendant. Ambulance came and turned me over and got me to my feet. Life Alert called my neighbor. Thank you so much.

My dad fell in his bedroom and pressed Life Alert. They immediately called paramedics and our family. Dad didn’t break anything, paramedic did hear fluid in the lungs, gently put him in bed; he refused to go in an ambulance. We took him to the emergency room the next day when we found he had pneumonia. Thank you so much to them and Life Alert.

Client was not feeling well, and we called the nurse and she was concerned about a possible heart problem and recommended going to the emergency room. We called Life Alert by pressing the pendant button. Life Alert responders checked client over and determined it was not necessary to go to the hospital. Vitals checked out OK. We agreed and it worked out fine. We agreed to see doctor soon.

I had fire on the stove and I was in another room. I smelled something funny. Then the smoke alarm went off and Life Alert came on immediately and told me to go outside and the fire department came moments later. Fire dept. had fire contained and ran their fan to get smoke out.

I fell in the bathroom and hit my right forehead on the tile and up against the door jam. I thought I had broken some ribs also. Life Alert was there and EMTs took me to the emergency. Other than a huge black eye and a knot on my forehead and bruised ribs, I’m okay! I am very satisfied with Life Alert!

My husband was in such bad pain, he couldn’t speak, and he was doubled over and thought he was getting a heart attack. Pressed button for Life Alert and someone responded immediately and help was here in a few minutes. Life Alert talked to us the whole time and asked if we wanted to call other names on list.

Called Life Alert when father needed an ambulance. The man at Life Alert was very helpful and called an ambulance right away after asking me what was happening. He stayed on the line until EMTs showed up. Life Alert was a life saver in my mind!

On date of the incident, I was having a difficult time at getting to sleep. At approximately 4:00am, I got out of bed and took a sleeping pill (Ambien). Sometime between four and five in the morning, I got out of bed (sleep walking) and found myself on bathroom floor bleeding profusely from a head wound. I got my Life Alert pendant, knowing that I may have a serious injury, and called for help from Life Alert immediately. Life Alert operator came on the line and told her what happened, she said help is on its way. The Life Alert operator said she will stay with me until EMTs arrived, which she did talk to me constantly. I was taken to the hospital to close an approximately 6-inch laceration to my scalp. I will definitely recommend Life Alert to anyone.

I fell over backwards; hitting the back of my head very hard. I immediately called Life Alert. They called 911. Immediate response from paramedics. Return call from Life Alert. We were very pleased with service, as we only had service of Life Alert for 2-3 days.

Life Alert called me as soon as they could and called back to check on her status. Life Alert is always very polite and helpful when it comes to giving me details of my grandma and call back to check on if she got home.

My Life Alert CO detector went off. The fire department responded and took care of it. It appears my golf cart recharging gave off some CO and H2 gas. The Life Alert did what it was supposed to do! Life Alert operator was very professional and courteous! Excellent job!

It was 8am on July 21, 2016 when I slipped on a piece of card board in my bedroom. I fell on my left side. I was in bad pain but thought it would go away. It wasn’t until about 8-9pm I pushed my Life Alert pendant. I had an immediate response. Life Alert remained on the line until help arrived. I never knew such pain in my life. I was taken excellent, gentle and courteous care by all the staff. I had a fractured pelvis. I remained 5 days at the hospital and over three weeks at air force village. I tell many people about Life Alert! Keep up the good work!

I had Life Alert for one week. When I awoke at 1:30am, I knew I was very sick. After a short debate with myself as to "should I" or "shouldn't I," the decision was easy--press the Life Alert button! Someone was on the phone with me in a minute. She stayed with me until the ambulance came and she had spoken with the medic to make sure I was on the way to the hospital. My son and home health were also called! I now feel secure and my son rests well!!!

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Profile

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.