Call toll free
4.81/5
Based on 451 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4366 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was having difficulty breathing along with a panic attack at the time I activated my Life Alert button. They were quick on notifying all emergency personnel. In the meanwhile, they did their best to keep me calm. Extremely helpful to EMT’s with information when they arrived.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have a spinal disability and I fell trying to get into bed. I pushed my Life Alert alarm button and EMT’s arrived in less than 15 minutes, loaded me into an ambulance, and took me into the hospital emergency very soon after. They were very capable and pleasant.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I started to sit on my car seat and went down on the floor of the car and couldn’t get up. I tried for an 1 ½ hours and then I pushed my Life Alert button and got some help. I am so thankful for Life Alert.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My wife fell and broke her shoulder terribly. Life Alert had EMT’s here in 15 minutes and getting her to the emergency room. I am so grateful for your help!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I fell when I was coming up the basement stairs. Luckily my daughter was here, she pushed the Life Alert on my wrist. Within minutes an ambulance came. Thank you, Life Alert.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: June 4, 2018

I was not feeling well all morning, then I started to feel my heart beating really fast, so fast I could feel it in my ears. I was feeling weak and I was having trouble breathing. Life Alert staff was talking to my son until EMT’s arrived.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I’m 85 years of age. I fell to my knees and couldn’t get up on my own. I walked on my knees from out in the garage, to my kitchen, to the Life Alert station. It took 2 EMT’s to get me to my feet. I would still be on my knees, if I didn’t have Life Alert.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I fell in the parking lot of the complex and could not get up. I pressed my Life Alert button and in 10 minutes later EMT’s arrived. This is a real service!

Original review: May 30, 2018

On May 1st, I tripped and fell on the step of my front door and there was nothing around to give me the strength to get up. I pressed my Life Alert button and the lady dispatcher was very efficient. She got the EMT’s to me promptly, called my neighbor who had a key, and my son to inform him. Four EMT’s and my neighbor were here in no time. I had no serious injuries, just a small cut on my elbow. I’m so pleased with Life Alert and feel comforted that I can press the button and get help whenever I need it, 24 hours a day. I wear my pendant at all times. I have had Life Alert service for four years since my husband passed away, but this was my first time needing to use it. I am so pleased with Life Alert. Thank you for your promptness. My son is very impressed with Life Alert’s service as well. Let everyone know, that I personally let you know that everyone who lives alone should have Life Alert.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I fell getting out of bed. I spent the next 5 hours trying to get up myself. Finally, at 5 a.m., I remembered my Life Alert pendant and pressed it. I got an immediate response from the Life Alert representative, and EMT’s arrived 10 minutes later! God blessed me with Life Alert!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I am on a walker every day, as the radiation from cancer has weakened my bones. As I went to head over to get me a cracker, I lost my balance and went down. Life Alert saved me from laying [on the floor] for hours. I have had to use it twice and only had it for 3 months. It is wonderful and makes me feel safe because someone is coming to help me.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Heart attack, Life Alert were so great. Kept us calm.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I fell out of a 3 leg metal chair on the patio and hit my head on the wall. Life Alert called and EMT’S came out in about 5 minutes, checked me out, and offered to take me to the Emergency. I didn’t feel like I needed to go. They waited awhile to make sure it was okay. They are very nice.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Great response time. Life Alert called everyone on my call list. Each time they did this the staff was very courteous and thoughtful.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I lost my balance and fell to the floor. Then I was unable to get up. Life Alert called my daughter and friends. On emergency, needed to get in house with doors locked; they got in. Life Alert kept assuring me that help was on the way. EMT’s came and checked me. It was very reassuring, as I live alone and I am 87 years old.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I wouldn’t take anything for my Life Alert. My daughter talked me into getting Life Alert and I am so pleased with the service. It gives me on added sense of security. My 2 friends were here and both times called Life Alert for me on March 19 and March 22, 2018. Life Alert responded right away both times. The 19th of March, I was having a terrible headache, numbness, very high blood pressure. On March 22, my condition was almost the same except my blood pressure was extremely high, head, neck, shoulder, and arm pain accompanied by panic attacks. Thank you, Life Alert!!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I fell down, hit my head and was bleeding. EMT’s arrived very quickly, came in and stopped the bleeding, and transported me right away to the hospital. I couldn’t reach my phone. Without Life Alert, I could have bleed to death. Life Alert saved my life. Thank you, Life Alert.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My mom was having a stroke, she woke from a nap and couldn’t get her words to come out right. My sister pushed the button to call Life Alert, an [EMT] came and assessed her, and took her to Emergency Room. Mom had a couple of TIA’s, but she could have died. Thank God she didn’t. Thank you, Life Alert.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Mom fell and couldn’t get up. EMT’s arrived, Life Alert stayed on the line until they did. She had hurt her knee and was transported to the hospital. Just bruised and strained. She is fine.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My husband’s sugar was 400, by the time EMT’s got here it was 600. When we got to the Hospital it was 700. The whole time Life Alert stayed with us, keeping me calm. When I had to go to the Hospital I couldn’t breathe, again Life Alert was with my husband, keeping both of us calm. They got in touch with my daughter who lives in Florida. Both of us were so scared. God bless all of you.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My mother fell and she pushed the Life Alert button, and it did not take EMT’s long to get there. They were courteous and helpful. Everybody was nice. They helped her up and checked her out to make sure she was okay. The people who called were courteous and helpful.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I fell about 5:00 a.m., I had a dizzy spell and down I went backwards. I tried to get up for over an hour. I knew then I couldn’t get up, so I called Life Alert. I told them I wasn’t hurt and just a few minutes my call for help was answered. I was so glad I had Life Alert! I’ll be 89 years old May 9, 2018.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My mother fell in the bathroom. Her nose was bleeding, (my sister was there), but Life Alert contacted me as well. Life Alert sent EMT’s, and took care of the bleeding very fast.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I fell flat on my face in my kitchen and, because of knee replacements, could not get up. My Life Alert was my God send, as the EMT’s were here within 10 minutes. I have already told people how happy I am with this service.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was walking with my walker and my legs gave way and were too weak. I’m 95 years old and have severe arthritis. I called Life Alert and EMT’s came immediately. When I’ve fallen before, EMT’s always make sure I’m okay, before they leave. I really like Life Alert and tell other people about them.

Original review: May 16, 2018

She lost her balance and fell on the floor. Unable to get up off the floor, she used Life Alert to call for help. Life Alert called the local EMT’s and help was on the way.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had a grease fire, Life Alert was very helpful, and I was panic and frightened because I have oxygen. A neighbor talked the Life Alert worker. Life Alert worked through the neighbor. I was very grateful, I also I had a stroke and can’t walk too well.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Friend was visiting, she fell and couldn’t get up. We called Life Alert and Life Alert sent help. Life Alert notified my emergency contact in case it was me that needed help. Everything worked as expected.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I woke up having hard time breathing. Only had Life Alert a short time. So I pressed the Life Alert button. They got help right away and called my daughter who lives down the street. She was with me before EMT’s showed up. Life Alert stays on the line until they know EMT’s are there. So glad I have Life Alert!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I was backing out of my closet, lost balance, and fell backward into wall, sliding down the wall and unable to get up. Called Life Alert who called local EMT’s, who came to help me. No broken bones, just bruises. Thank you, Life Alert.

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

Life Alert is far more than a medical alert system. It offers protection against carbon monoxide poisoning, home invasion, fire and smoke, and much more. It is an all-inclusive security package.

• Service is available nationwide: Call centers handle a variety of areas, with 200 percent more emergency staff per member than a traditional security company.

• The service is comprehensive: This monitored service can notify police, fire departments and hospitals in the event of an emergency.

• On-the-go coverage is available: Life Alert offers emergency services away from home using a cellphone emergency button.

• Price: Life Alert is more expensive than most traditional medical alert systems, but it does offer substantially more service.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410