Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 498 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

4180 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My mother fell and broke her ankle and leg, and Life Alert got the EMS people there and transported her to the hospital. Very good system!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I fell and couldn’t get up. At my residents Life Alert sent 2 people to help me off the floor. I didn’t need an ambulance or the fire truck. They were courteous and helpful. They checked my medications and left after approximately 1/2 hour. All ok.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

The man on Life Alert was nice and very professional. He stayed on Life Alert until the medics arrived and took me to the hospital.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I fell and could not get up. I activated my Life Alert button and the operator dispatched the ambulance to my home. The operator stayed on with me until the ambulance arrived and took me to the hospital. Very, very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I called in the middle of the night when I got up to go to the bathroom and couldn’t get back in bed because I couldn’t lift my leg due to weakness and pain in the back and hip. The Life Alert staff called the 911 team which did transfer me to the hospital emergency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Bringing dogs back from a walk, one seen the cat next door and ran around me, wrapping the lease around my ankle causing me to fall. Landed on my knee, hurt so much I couldn’t stand, scooted over to the Life Alert box and pushed. Everyone that responded was professional and polite.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath -- Life Alert responded quickly -- sent the ambulance and let my son and my pastor know right away -- I highly recommend Life Alert to everyone I know, it saved my life!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I fell in the basement, was unable to get up. No phone available -- used my Life Alert and paramedics came to my rescue. No injuries -- helped up by two capable gentlemen. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My mom is on oxygen 24/7 and the hose for her O2 came off and she was unable to put it back on. She pressed her button and was connected right away. Life Alert notified authorities and me also of the emergency. The authorities got there quickly and was able to hook her O2 tank back up. If she didn’t have Life Alert - it’s hard to say what the outcome would have been.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My grandson had a seizure, banged his head. The Life Alert lady talking to me was very friendly. She stayed on till ambulance arrived. They took care of him. The lady called my sister and told her everything was okay with my grandson. Thank you for being prompt on answering our call and getting help to us. Appreciate your service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Mom caught her slipper on a nail in the floor. She tripped and fell. I couldn’t get her up so I used Life Alert and the paramedics were there in a timely fashion. Good job!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I fell two times in the kitchen. I fell backwards as I was having a dizzy spell. I did pass out for a short time, luckily there was no blood and no broken bones, I was lucky! The Life Alert dispatcher answered the phone within two minutes and asked questions and stayed on the line until the paramedics arrived. I was taken to the hospital and they checked me over. I stayed there for two days. The Life Alert dispatcher was very polite and helpful, they also kept me calm.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

My father fell in his backyard and was unable to get up. He could not get his phone to work to call me, so he pressed his Life Alert button. The ambulance got to his home before I did. Life Alert had called me, then called me again afterwards. If my dad had not had Life Alert he would have laid in the backyard for an unknown amount of time.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Life Alert has helped me many times and I really appreciate how quickly they arrive. They stay until they are sure I am ok and then I get a follow up phone call. They are great to me and I thank them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I fell getting out of bed and could not get up. Life Alert answered my button call immediately, called the emergency services, and the people on my emergency list.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Life Alert has saved my life three times. It is the very best money I have ever spent. I tell everyone they should get Life Alert. You never know when it will be needed. One of the very best services in the whole world!! I have been in the hospital for 20 days already. I would have bled to death if Life Alert had not answered my button call. God bless all of you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I was cooking and forgot to turn the burner down. The food caused the alarm to go off, causing smoke in the apartment. Life Alert called me to see what was wrong. I had smoke in the apartment and the alarm wouldn’t go off. I was asked if I need the fire department, worker came and they put the alarm on correct to make sure all were well. The Life Alert people would not leave me until help came.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My mother had a very serious bleed and fall. She had the presence of mind to press her button. Life Alert called first responders and then me. By the time she got to the hospital she was barely responsive. She was bleeding so much. Life Alert saved her life!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I couldn’t catch my breath, I sat alone for a relatively long time and it didn’t get better. I pulled out my button for Life Alert. They came quickly, so quickly that I was on oxygen and in the ambulance very fast. Great!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Very responsive and helpful when dad had a couple of emergencies. They kept us always informed of what was happening and kept the family informed of what was happening with dad. I think you’re the greatest.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I called Life Alert and they have been considerate, kind, helpful, and I would recommend them to anyone. They are OK in my book.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I am so grateful and blessed to have Life Alert in my life. I live alone and no immediate family. Life Alert is my life saver.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I was in severe pain, Life Alert staff were very kind and efficient in getting me to the hospital. I very much count on Life Alert.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

My mom was home by herself and got a bloody nose. The blood wouldn’t stop from her nose after more than 15-20 minutes so she hit the Life Alert button for help. Fire department and EMTs arrived and transported her to the local hospital. Messages from Life Alert were left to all our family members to notify us of what happened and that she was taken to local hospital. Follow up call from Life Alert also followed. We all appreciate the care and concern. Speedy and professional service by Life Alert!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

My mother fell and could not get up and get to the phone. Life Alert called me and I came. If it had not been for Life Alert she would have been on the floor till the next day.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

After losing her balance, my mom fell in her living room. She was sandwiched between her chair and wall. She pressed her Life Alert button and requested help. I was contacted and informed that emergency personnel were being dispatched. Because this incident occurred at night, she may have spent the night trapped if she had not had Life Alert.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I fell feeding my cats. Life Alert was on the phone at once. I had help in less than a few minutes. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My electricity went out and Life Alert called. It was the night of the Cascade fire. Without Life Alert, I would not be alive. My home was spared; however, over 200 homes burned to the ground.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I had an accident out on my sidewalk. My walker slid into a cut on the sidewalk and I fell. I was bleeding all over my face, hand and arm. Also got a black eye. Was in the hospital for seven days. Life Alert took care of me very well. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Had chest pain and was taken to the hospital to find out I had a heart attack. I had surgery and am doing well. I appreciate Life Alert staying on the line with me and notifying my family.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410
www.lifealert.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use