Life Alert Emergency Response

Consumer Reviews

I fell on my kitchen floor and pushed the Life Alert neck button. Life Alert staff arrived in less than 15 minutes, picked me up carefully, and led me in my walker to a recliner in a TV room. Team was professional, did not rush, assured of my comfort and at all times helpful, polite and friendly. Great!!

My mother fell in her kitchen in the early morning. Life Alert dispatched an ambulance for her and called the 4 contacts on her list. I would like to say a sincere “thank you” to all the Life Alert dispatchers who answered her calls for help the past 3 years. It gave us great peace of mind knowing Life Alert was there. God Bless you always!

I became light-headed and dizzy at home. Took my blood pressure (84) pushed and called in my Life Alert button. First responders and paramedics answered the call. After two blood pressure readings, they recommended I go to the ER. Urine specimens showed UTI. I didn’t realize I had it. Returned home after three hours in ER. All emergency personnel were professional and very nice. Thank you for being there. I’ll pay my monthly fee, without any gripes! My Life Alert button's more than paid for itself.

Dad fell. He pushed the Life Alert button on the lanyard around his neck. The ambulance came in a timely manner and took him to the hospital. He was found to have a cracked pelvis. The EMR staff said Life Alert communication was appropriate. “Life Alert did everything just like it was supposed to work.” We are very pleased and happy we choose Life Alert!

I live alone and have spinal disease. I feel very safe with my Life Alert button. I wear Life Alert all the time and have used it a few times when I fell and couldn’t get up. Life Alert people stayed with me until the paramedics and police came. They were encouraging and supportive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

My husband slipped out of bed and I found him in a very awkward position lying down in a tight place and he could not get up and I could not lift him. It was 1:30 am and we did not want to ask friends to come over. I pushed the Life Alert button on the bracelet and got a response right away. Help came after 15 minutes. Three people - and he was in bed within minutes, he was not hurt. I liked the way Life Alert stayed with me during the wait. Two people of the local fire department also came, just in case.

I fell outside of my home. Pushed the Life Alert button for help. Garage door was open. I yelled to Life Alert and explained where I was. I gave her the information that I was outside by an opened door of garage and I had a broken my wrist and needed help to get up. Response was positive and I was taken to the emergency when squad arrived. Thank you!!

My mother was recovering from a broken hip and fell backwards re-injuring her hip and breaking her tail bone. She hit her Life Alert button and EMTs were on their way as I was leaving my apartment, just a short distance away. I don’t think it could have been any better or quicker.

Mom slipped out of the bed and landed on the floor. Caregiver found her right after and pressed the Life Alert button. Life Alert called the ambulance and she was taken to the hospital. Also, found out she had a urinary tract infection.

I fell in my kitchen and could not get up. I called Life Alert, they also called my daughters. EMTs helped me up and took me to the hospital. I broke my left arm and elbow. They were very nice and I am 95 years old and live alone.

I tripped and fell against a door. I was unable to reach my cellphone. Pressed Life Alert. Fire department and an ambulance arrived within minutes. I sustained a superficial cut on my right arm. Fire department got me up and dressed the cut. My wife then took me to the emergency room where I received care of the cut; i.e. sutures.

I was unable to contact my mother. Her phone was ringing with a busy tone for quite a while. All I could picture in my head was that something was terribly wrong. I contacted Life Alert for assistance, they were very comforting and reassuring. They made a “welfare check” with a local police department. I was contacted immediately with wonderful news that she was okay. Apparently she had pushed the telephone wire out of the wall without her knowledge. Life Alert gives me peace of mind which is priceless. Thank you.

My grandmother broke her hip and called Life Alert. EMS was dispatched. Life Alert called me with updates--much appreciated. She had previously been nervous to call Life Alert but we did a test call and the staff was very kind. She lives alone so I am so thankful she was wearing the Life Alert necklace that day. Thank you!

I fell in the parking lot at my apartment. I called, or I mean, I pushed the button on my GPS phone for Life Alert. Spoke on the phone to agent and help was there quickly. Second time, called inside home. Life Alert agent very helpful. Help arrived quickly. Very happy to have Life Alert. I feel much safer now as far as being able to help myself in serious situations so far. Thanks for being there when I needed help.

I was gathering the trash from the waste baskets and fell to the floor while emptying the basket into the garbage bag. I fell, then punched my Life Alert bracelet. The paramedics arrived right away. I was fine and was very glad I had Life Alert.

Mom fell quite a few times so we got Life Alert in these past few months to help her. Life Alert was so prompt to help. Help came within 10 minutes from the call. I feel so relieved knowing she has the Life Alert button on her neck. And also, she feels so safe wearing it. Best thing that ever happened was buying the help of Life Alert.

I found mom slumped over in her bathroom. She was unresponsive so I pressed her Life Alert button. I was answered immediately and the paramedics were here in about 8-10 minutes. Life Alert stayed on with me until EMTs took her out. Mom was awake when I got to the hospital and came home the next day. The young man who answered called me back later to check on her. How nice!

Approximately 6pm, I was standing in front of my washing machine. I felt a pulse in my forehead promising a fall to my right, (I stopped the fall). So, I called Life Alert--five very professional men arrived with a stretcher. My somewhat imbalance was apparently due to blood pressure. No question there - as a retired registered nurse (I practiced it for 45 years), I told them I take blood pressure meds. I went to the hospital emergency room.

I was brushing my son's dog near the family room door and the patio door when I fell onto the outside cement patio. I was wearing my wrist band Life Alert. If I hadn’t been wearing the wristband I would have to scream for help and cause a lot of commotion and embarrassment for myself. Life Alert sent help and saved me and the dog's day!

I am pleased with the response of Life Alert staff when I press the emergency bracelet of my husband. Life Alert staff asks what the emergency is all about and call the ambulance for us and makes assurances that helped is on our way; approximately the ambulance people come at least 10 minutes after. Thanks to the Life Alert staff, we are greatly appreciative of Life Alert’s past responses.

My mother suffered a stroke. Life Alert stayed on the phone with her until medical transport arrived and took her to the hospital. She is doing much better. Thanks to Life Alert.

I was having a hard time breathing with asthma and bronchitis. I called Life Alert and a well-trained operator kept me well informed of what was going on. It was very comforting for me as she kept informing me that help was on the way. I spent nine days in the hospital recovering.

Resolution In Progress

Life Alert Emergency Response

All of our calls are recorded for quality assurance and our representatives are trained to assist customers to the best of their abilities while maintaining a courteous, professional manner. Each person that the complainant spoke with maintained their professionalism while providing information and instructions to her on how to cancel.

The complainant was irritated by being asked the reason for cancellation as we needed that information in order to transfer her to the appropriate department who would assist her in a timely manner.

The representative who assisted the complainant in cancelling the service was professional and informative but unfortunately the complainant was extremely agitated and rude towards her. At one point the complainant started screaming at her and our rep reminded the complainant that our calls were being recorded.

Although we do our best to accommodate our customers - we do not condone our personnel being treated poorly. We find no fault in our representative defending herself.

This account has been cancelled.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I called for two days to cancel a account I had paid for over 15 years that I had never had to use once thankfully. We had it for a business in case of emergency, could help us get help if needed at push of a button. Every time we tested machine we had polite operators. Upon canceling the account we had the exact opposite experience. We were transferred the first day 4 times, spent 40 minutes trying to stop acct., never got it accomplished. They kept asking me why I wanted to cancel then would say "let me get you to the right person." Felt like a scam after 3rd time.

On 2nd day LeAnna my rude agent did help disable box rudely and belligerent the entire call. I was shocked after being a good perfect customer and will possibly need the service again this is how they act upon cancellation. I was so upset I asked for her supervisor, waited on hold 25 minutes, no one ever came. I hung up and wrote this. Beware when you need to cancel they don't make it easy. Hope they stopped my auto pay! Sure will make me think before using them ever again!

Client was home alone in the late evening hours. I received a phone call from Life Alert at 6am telling me he had fallen in the bathroom and the paramedics were on their way. I received a second phone call telling me the condition of the client. He had no broken bones or injuries. Life Alert responded to client’s call for help immediately and kept me up-to-date with his condition. I, his caregiver, was out of town and Life Alert continued to call his children to let them know his condition as well.

I fell, and when I fall I can’t get up without help. Life Alert was very professional and prompt. EMTs helped me to my wheelchair. Don’t know what I would have done without Life Alert. They’re a life saver. Thank you so much.

About 9am, I don’t know how or why I fell to my knees in the living room facing my chair. I use a walker, oxygen and all my joints are arthritic. I have not knelt for thirty years. I pushed my Life Alert button and help was on the way. The fire company had to break in the back door, all the time Life Alert stuck with me, it was a great comfort.

After my Life Alert system was set up, I used Life Alert within the next week. I went outside to get my newspaper early in the AM. Slipped and fell on the damp side walk. No bleeding or broken bones so I was able to scoot up to the entry way of my home. I pushed my Life Alert button and it was responded to quickly. I am really pleased with Life Alert for the security it provides for me.

My mother fell while alone. Life Alert notified me then followed up to be sure the situation was under control. Although my mother was not near the Life Alert box, she could hear the representative and they could hear her clearly.

I was walking outside and stepped on some uneven driveway and fell face down on blacktop. I was unable to roll over or sit up. I had my Life Alert and was able to push the Life Alert button. They were professional and had an ambulance in about 10 minutes. Life Alert staff responded on first push of the Life Alert button and stayed on with me until ambulance arrived. Highly recommend this Life Alert service to anyone living alone. Thank you so much.

I was coming up from my basement. At the top step, I suddenly felt no breath. I panicked and walked into my living room and hit the Life Alert button. Immediately, someone answered and in no time at all, an ambulance was at my address, and two attendants. One spoke with Life Alert and the other man attended to me.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Profile

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.