2. Medical Alert Systems

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.95/5
Learn More

Life Alert is the nation’s #1 personal emergency response company that has a proven track record of savings lives and improving customers’ wellbeing. As the industry leader in personal protection, Life Alert is the first medical alert provider that incorporated LTE technology into their cutting-edge devices and services. Life Alert is also the only company that offers mobile protection with GPS that never needs charging, so loved ones are protected 24/7.

As the one and only, “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up,” company, Life Alert offers various lifesaving services that can be designed to fit a person’s lifestyle and budget. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone or call out for help.

With over 40,000 published lifesaving testimonials from grateful customer’s and families, put the safety and life of your loved one in the care of Life Alert.

Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes.

Call today to get a free quote now!

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. Gallery (1)
BOTTOM LINE

Life Alert Emergency Response designs its own medical alert devices and provides a variety of personal protection services. The company provides 24/7 nationwide service with easy-to-use, low-maintenance medical alert systems.

PROS
  • Cellular and landline functions
  • Batteries never need charging
  • Nationwide service
CONS
  • Not covered by Medicare

Top Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

I had a fall and had a concussion and not able to sleep. Called Life Alert in a hysterical moment and they called ambulance and daughter. Same thing happened two nights later. Life Alert stayed on alert line until all things are handled satisfactorily both times.

I was outside my home when I fell down ... I pushed my alarm and Life Alert came on. (In the meantime, a neighbor came and helped me up.) I told Life Alert that I was OK ... I went to my home, and found Life Alert checking on me ... I really thought Life Alert was excellent...

Life Alert Emergency Response Call Now Toll Free (800) 920-3410 Learn More Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

How does Life Alert work?

Life Alert, the oldest emergency response company in the United States, creates medical alert devices that let customers feel safe while living at home and retaining their independence. With nationwide service and low-maintenance medical alert systems, you can get started with Life Alert by viewing their available products.

Life Alert devices

Life Alert has products for every life situation and services that can easily be customized to fit your needs. If you need help, Life Alert’s two-way monitoring device puts you in contact with the company's on-site dispatch center so that a Life Alert representative can stay on the line with you until help arrives. All products come with professional installation and a lifetime warranty, which ensures that your Life Alert system is ready when you need it.

Emergency pendants
  • Waterproof
  • 800-feet range
  • Wear as a wristband or pendant
  • Battery lasts up to seven years
Help buttons
  • Specially designed for bathroom and shower use
  • No telephone or electrical outlet needed
  • Battery lasts up to 10 years
Home intrusion protection
  • Audio monitoring system with a small “help” button
  • Hypersensitive microphone detects unusual activity in your home
  • Can request police response if necessary
Life Alert Mobile
  • Special button for use outside the home
  • Battery lasts up to 10 years
  • GPS services included
Life Alert app/cell phone services
  • For cell phones, get Life Alert speed dial services
  • For smartphones, get the Life Alert mobile app

How much is Life Alert?

Life Alert offers a variety of lifesaving services ranging in price so you can design the right protection package to suit your lifestyle and budget.

Life Alert’s Signature Service starts at $49.95 and includes free use of equipment, free shipping and 24/7 monitoring from Life Alert’s 5-Diamond TMA certified emergency dispatch center.

Does Medicare cover Life Alert?

No, Life Alert systems usually aren’t covered by Medicare. However, if you have Medicare Advantage or Medicaid, you may be eligible for partial or full medical alert system coverage or reimbursement. You might also qualify for medical alert coverage under your long-term care insurance plan.

Is Life Alert worth it?

Life Alert is an industry leader, and the company says it has saved more than 530,000 lives since 2008. Life Alert offers nationwide services that protect you in and out of the home and states it saves a life every 11 minutes. If you're searching for comprehensive and reliable service from a known and trusted name, Life Alert is a good choice.

Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Patient took his lift chair upstairs. When it got to the top, he realized he didn’t have his cane. He got up and moved to get the cane, lying on the floor at his feet at the top of the stairs. He hollered for me and I came finding him lying on the stairs, face down and body followed. I did not waste time. I pushed the button for Life Alert. Keeping in touch with two responders, got [patient] up and on his feet. Thank God. Everyone had a job and they did it. He was banged up some, but not serious.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

On May 14, 2020, I started to get off my bed and slipped down onto the floor where I was unable to get up. I am 93 years old and in good health for my age, but I was caught in a tight spot. I was not hurt but I just could not get up. I was able to push my Life Alert button and help arrived in an amazingly short time. Your phone messenger stayed with me all the time and reassured me that help was coming. Thank you for all your help.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I fell in my living room and was unable to get back up on my feet. I used my Life Alert button and the operator contacted my local fire dept., who sent help within five minutes. The operator was very calm and reassuring, and stayed on the line with me until the firemen had me up on my feet and had ascertained that I was not injured. Although I was embarrassed at not being able to get up on my own, I was, and am, very grateful to the Life Alert operator and the fire dept.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I had been having excruciating pain in my left knee. After seeing the dr., she gave me a shot in my knee. She said to take it easy for two or three days. The first morning after, I decided I could do laundry OK. It exhausted me, I will be 90 in July. I fixed a cup of coffee and water, put it on my rollator walker. I fell in the living room - on hardwood floor. I pushed my Life Alert button. I knew I couldn’t get up. I wasn’t hurt as it turned out. I am thankful.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I reached to far for something on a dining room chair, lost my balance and fell to the floor. Being unable to get up on my own, I used my Life Alert pendant to call for help. All of the Life Alert people were friendly, helpful and nonjudgmental. Also- they listen to the person in need of help. I am 81 years old, I’ve had my share of medical people, ER who ignore older people and only talk to their children. Having people interact with me is as it should be, and a real relief.

Original review: April 1, 2021

When one has health issues that could cause a fall or lose consciousness they should wear an alert system to get the help they need asap. Getting help in a timely manner is important to have a timely response. My wife fell about a year ago and if I had not been there she would have suffered for a much longer time with severe pain.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Both times I had were due to my husband falling (once in bath tub and once in house). Life Alert was wonderful and stayed on the phone until the responders got my husband up and checked him over and helped get my husband in the bed. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

When I pushed my necklace button, I got a quick response from Life Alert. They stayed on the line with me until the squad arrived and took me to the hospital. I had pneumonia. I am grateful, thank you to you all.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I was unable to breathe and pressed my Life Alert on my window sill. They alerted the EMTs and saved me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I fall a lot. Most of the time when I call Life Alert, the team just helps get me up. They are always prepared and always ask me if I need to go to the emergency room.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
    www.lifealert.com