2. Medical Alert Systems

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.95/5
Learn More

Life Alert is the nation’s #1 personal emergency response company that has a proven track record of savings lives and improving customers’ wellbeing. As the industry leader in personal protection, Life Alert is the first medical alert provider that incorporated LTE technology into their cutting-edge devices and services. Life Alert is also the only company that offers mobile protection with GPS that never needs charging, so loved ones are protected 24/7.

As the one and only, “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up,” company, Life Alert offers various lifesaving services that can be designed to fit a person’s lifestyle and budget. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone or call out for help.

With over 40,000 published lifesaving testimonials from grateful customer’s and families, put the safety and life of your loved one in the care of Life Alert.

Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes.

Call today to get a free quote now!

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

Life Alert Emergency Response designs its own medical alert devices and provides a variety of personal protection services. The company provides 24/7 nationwide service with easy-to-use, low-maintenance medical alert systems.

PROS

• Cellular and landline functions
  • Batteries never need charging
  • Nationwide service

CONS

• Not covered by Medicare

Top Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

I had a fall and had a concussion and not able to sleep. Called Life Alert in a hysterical moment and they called ambulance and daughter. Same thing happened two nights later. Life Alert stayed on alert line until all things are handled satisfactorily both times.

I was outside my home when I fell down ... I pushed my alarm and Life Alert came on. (In the meantime, a neighbor came and helped me up.) I told Life Alert that I was OK ... I went to my home, and found Life Alert checking on me ... I really thought Life Alert was excellent...

Life Alert Emergency Response Call Now Toll Free (800) 920-3410 Learn More Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

How does Life Alert work?

Life Alert, the oldest emergency response company in the United States, creates medical alert devices that let customers feel safe while living at home and retaining their independence. With nationwide service and low-maintenance medical alert systems, you can get started with Life Alert by viewing their available products.

Life Alert devices

Life Alert has products for every life situation and services that can easily be customized to fit your needs. If you need help, Life Alert’s two-way monitoring device puts you in contact with the company's on-site dispatch center so that a Life Alert representative can stay on the line with you until help arrives. All products come with professional installation and a lifetime warranty, which ensures that your Life Alert system is ready when you need it.

Emergency pendants
  • Waterproof
  • 800-feet range
  • Wear as a wristband or pendant
  • Battery lasts up to seven years
Help buttons
  • Specially designed for bathroom and shower use
  • No telephone or electrical outlet needed
  • Battery lasts up to 10 years
Home intrusion protection
  • Audio monitoring system with a small “help” button
  • Hypersensitive microphone detects unusual activity in your home
  • Can request police response if necessary
Life Alert Mobile
  • Special button for use outside the home
  • Battery lasts up to 10 years
  • GPS services included
Life Alert app/cell phone services
  • For cell phones, get Life Alert speed dial services
  • For smartphones, get the Life Alert mobile app

How much is Life Alert?

Life Alert offers a variety of lifesaving services ranging in price so you can design the right protection package to suit your lifestyle and budget.

Life Alert’s Signature Service starts at $49.95 and includes free use of equipment, free shipping and 24/7 monitoring from Life Alert’s 5-Diamond TMA certified emergency dispatch center.

Does Medicare cover Life Alert?

No, Life Alert systems usually aren’t covered by Medicare. However, if you have Medicare Advantage or Medicaid, you may be eligible for partial or full medical alert system coverage or reimbursement. You might also qualify for medical alert coverage under your long-term care insurance plan.

Is Life Alert worth it?

Life Alert is an industry leader, and the company says it has saved more than 530,000 lives since 2008. Life Alert offers nationwide services that protect you in and out of the home and states it saves a life every 11 minutes. If you're searching for comprehensive and reliable service from a known and trusted name, Life Alert is a good choice.

Life Alert Emergency Response Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Patient took his lift chair upstairs. When it got to the top, he realized he didn’t have his cane. He got up and moved to get the cane, lying on the floor at his feet at the top of the stairs. He hollered for me and I came finding him lying on the stairs, face down and body followed. I did not waste time. I pushed the button for Life Alert. Keeping in touch with two responders, got [patient] up and on his feet. Thank God. Everyone had a job and they did it. He was banged up some, but not serious.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I fell in my living room and was unable to get back up on my feet. I used my Life Alert button and the operator contacted my local fire dept., who sent help within five minutes. The operator was very calm and reassuring, and stayed on the line with me until the firemen had me up on my feet and had ascertained that I was not injured. Although I was embarrassed at not being able to get up on my own, I was, and am, very grateful to the Life Alert operator and the fire dept.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I had been having excruciating pain in my left knee. After seeing the dr., she gave me a shot in my knee. She said to take it easy for two or three days. The first morning after, I decided I could do laundry OK. It exhausted me, I will be 90 in July. I fixed a cup of coffee and water, put it on my rollator walker. I fell in the living room - on hardwood floor. I pushed my Life Alert button. I knew I couldn’t get up. I wasn’t hurt as it turned out. I am thankful.

Original review: March 13, 2020

My husband was in the basement. I asked him to come upstairs but he was not ready. A half hour later I heard him on the stairs, so I went there. He was two stairs from the top, holding on to the railing. He was excitedly stated he was afraid he would fall backwards, down the stairs. I got him to sit on the stairs and got him back up the remaining steps and got to the landing. He was unable to stand and I couldn’t help. Called Life Alert and the fire dept came to help. Thank God!

Original review: March 12, 2020

I was in my kitchen one morning and all of a sudden I had excruciating pain in my chest and knew it was a heart attack. I have Life Alert’s unit in my kitchen so pressed on it and almost immediately it was answered. I told them the seriousness of my problem, they asked for my phone number and within ten to fifteen minutes the ambulance was coming down my driveway and in another five to ten minutes I was in the hospital being seen by the doctor who immediately started the surgery to put a stent in my clogged artery. I feel your Life Alert system and your employee saved my life. I’m also grateful for the fact that the hospital is only a very short distance from where I live.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I have fallen out of bed five times, out of a chair once, and on the kitchen floor once – and last of all – on the back porch. At no time do I recall any symptoms preceding fainting but I simply blacked out suddenly and woke up face down, unable to get up. I pressed my Life Alert each time and was rushed to the ER. Reasons for blacking out are not yet identified. Thank the Lord for the invention of your device!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Promptly answered call and notified ambulance immediately. The operator stayed online with me and kept checking on the circumstances. When the ambulance arrived they confirmed their arrival. We have no complaints about Life Alert. Thankful we have it, thanks to our daughter.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

My father became very confused and wouldn’t take his meds and thought we were trying to hurt him. He had a UTI that was severe. His doctor told us we needed to get him to the hospital. We called his Life Alert and they contacted the ambulance and police. Life Alert stayed online with us until they came.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I had a severe edema in both of my legs, which was very painful. About three am on July 23, I had dozed off in my chair. When I got up to go to bed, because of the pain, my left leg gave out and I fell with my walker. I pushed my Life Alert button. My phone was not by me at that time. When the phone rang, I couldn’t answer it. After about 20-25 minutes, the ambulance came. Thank God for Life Alert.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Fell in the bathroom. Used the Life Alert pendant. Even though I was a distance from the main unit, they were able to hear me and dispatched ambulance right away. Also notified both of my sons and one of them were here before they had me in the ambulance.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
    800-920-3410