Call toll free
4.83/5
Based on 454 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4455 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I fell on my face and broke my nose. I called Life Alert, they called my neighbor. Shortly my paramedics and neighbor were at my home. Worked like it was supposed to. Thank you, Thank you!!

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I fell and even with my husband’s help, I couldn’t get up. Life Alert responded quickly with an ambulance. Thank you, Life Alert.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My father had pressed his Life Alert system and was complaining about his chest hurting thinking it may be a heart attack. Life Alert called me to advise me of the situation and that an ambulance was on the way. Life Alert stayed with my father until the ambulance arrived. My father did have a heart attack and was taken care of quickly. Thank you very much for your help!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Life Alert were very prompt in responding to my dad’s emergency. They called both my sister and I, and informed us that my dad was being transported to the hospital. Thank you for all you do.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Mom fell and broke her arm. She pushed the alert button and person talked with her while emergency personal was contacted. Life Alert contacted me, her daughter, and I got to her house in about 20 minutes. Emergency personnel had arrived by then.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Fell down two stairs backwards and hit my head. Transported to hospital, tests were good. I was one lucky person. Life Alert staff was expediently and all went as promised. I’ve used the service 2 times. The first responders were wonderful. Many thanks to them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I tripped over my caregivers dog a month or so ago, fell on my face, got a cut lip, a bloody nose and hurt my left knee, had to call Life Alert to send paramedics, they took me to the hospital to see if I had any broken bones, thank God, I didn’t. Went home.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I passed out for 20 minutes on my floor. Woke up and pushed my Life Alert button. Life Alert immediately called my daughter, who in turn called my pastor, who got to my house before the EMT’s. EMT’s took care of me and took me to the hospital. Thank you, Life Alert, as you were with me through it all.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Fell into bathtub backwards and hit my head on wall. I’m on blood thinner. I called Life Alert and they called the ambulance which took me to the emergency. There I had a CAT scan. It proved that there was no damage done. Everything about your treatment was great. Couldn’t been nicer. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Well, I strongly agree all seniors should get Life Alert. It saved my life on 05/30/2018. I love to stay in my living room more than anywhere else in my apartment, so I started to my bathroom at 2:00am and fell between the bedroom door and living room door and couldn’t move at all, so it saved me.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was alone that night and I fell out of bed, and I couldn’t get up or reach the phone. I pushed the Life Alert button that I wear around my neck, and very soon after, came very helpful men and a woman. They came in (they had my address and combination for the door), and I was back in bed. I can’t tell you how polite and concerned they were! I’m 93 years old.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

It has been very helpful the way everything was handle by you, with my wife and me. All the time we have been with you, through all the accidents we had - you were fast and efficient. I am so happy we joined Life Alert. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Life Alert gets the response you need in an emergency. I was having a stroke and they got the ambulance for me within minutes. My house filled with smoke and they got the fire department right away.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I fell out of my wheelchair. I didn’t hurt myself but I could not get up. The Life Alert person answered my call and asked if I was ok, called 911 for me, and stayed on the line with me until they came.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My husband is confined to a power chair. He had a seizure and drove his chair off the sidewalk and was stuck down in a ditch. Thanks to Life Alert, their five people were able to get him out. Thanks a million!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Husband has COPD. He was having a problem breathing so I punched Life Alert and they got a hold of the ambulance. Kept in touch with me to see if they had arrived. Stayed with me until they arrived. Then talked to the ambulance drivers. This time they got him settled and did not have to take him to the hospital. Thanks to everyone for being there.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Life Alert is great, Life Alert is right on time when you need them. When I call for help, after I fell, EMT’s were there in no time to take me to the hospital. Thank God for Life Alert. They also call your relatives.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The Life Alert person was very courteous and stayed on the line with me until the EMT’s arrived. Since I fell outdoors I was very thankful my Life Alert worked that far.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have used Life Alert 3 times, response is immediate, courteous and lifesaving. My daughters and grandson were notified immediately. Service EMTs that responded were wonderful to me, checked me thoroughly, and made me feel safe. Just a great service for me. I’m 94 years old!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I had a fall in my home on May 2, 2018, I knew I was injured. Someone pushed my alarm for Life Alert. A short time later the ambulance came, the paramedics evaluated me and asked me what I wanted to do and I chose to ride in the ambulance to the emergency room. They took x-rays and found I had a broken hip. From there I went to surgery for a hip replacement.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I live alone, so Life Alert help me feel more secure. I had a bad episode with my breathing. EMT’s came. They were very helpful and kept me calm.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I tripped over something in my apartment and hit my head and nose on the baseboard of my bed. After alerting Life Alert, the fire department and ambulance arrived. I ended up with 17 stitches on my face. I don’t know what I would have done without Life Alert as I am legally blind.

Original review: July 28, 2018

In 2017 I had right knee replacement and left knee replacement in 2018. The incident happened when I attempted to lift the watering can which was full and too heavy and I lost my balance, falling backwards. As I fell, I knocked over the standing bird feeder and the top seed holder hit me on the head. I was lying on my back, unable to get up on my knees and was completely helpless. I pushed the Life Alert button and within minutes the fire department was here to help me. Wow, what handsome young men!

Original review: July 26, 2018

I am 92 years old and fell and couldn’t get up. I pushed my Life Alert button and EMT’s were here in a short time and very helpful and courteous.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’m 98 years old and if I didn’t have Life Alert I could have been dead or I would have had a heart attack or a stroke. Anyone who lives alone should have one. I recommend it for everyone. You don’t have to be old.

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I got out of the shower, I noticed I was bleeding from my backside. I couldn’t stop it, or see where it was coming from. Life Alert contacted 911 and notified my family members. The attendant waited on line till paramedics arrived.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I fractured my right rib and was badly injured. Life Alert responded and sent me a medical team who transported me by ambulance to the hospital. My children were also contacted.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I fell and could not get up. Used Life Alert, was sent to the hospital to have back surgery. I recommend Life Alert for every man, woman and child. Life Alert saved my life.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I had been trying to get up from the sofa for 4 hours. It was 3:00am when I called Life Alert. They were kind, asked questions to understand the situation, and asked if it was an emergency. No! The men who responded were kind, helped me to my feet, and asked if I was ok. Altogether a good experience.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I don’t know why I fell but I did – the space was small – I tried and tried but just could not get up – I pressed my Life Alert monitor and less than ten minutes – 6 men were in my bedroom and helped me. I was not hurt just needed help to get up this time – for an 95 year old I was lucky this time, that has not always been the case – thanks a bunch!!

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

Life Alert is far more than a medical alert system. It offers protection against carbon monoxide poisoning, home invasion, fire and smoke, and much more. It is an all-inclusive security package.

• Service is available nationwide: Call centers handle a variety of areas, with 200 percent more emergency staff per member than a traditional security company.

• The service is comprehensive: This monitored service can notify police, fire departments and hospitals in the event of an emergency.

• On-the-go coverage is available: Life Alert offers emergency services away from home using a cellphone emergency button.

• Price: Life Alert is more expensive than most traditional medical alert systems, but it does offer substantially more service.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410
www.lifealert.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business