4.83/5
Based on 433 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: March 30, 2018

4252 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2018

I purchased the system for my mom, recently recovering from multiple strokes. System set-up, installation everything went great, system up and running. As it turns out my mom also became eligible for Medicare Services approximately 3 months into the contract. Medicare provides their own system and monitoring. This is not an option for Medicare. You have to use their system. She now gets 7 days a week visit and assistance with 24/7 monitoring. I called and spoke with retention that my mom's situation has changed and no longer need the service understanding I'm out the $198 for the equipment and install. As it turns out I'm also obligated for another approximate $2,895.

My perception when sold to me was if her circumstances change I could cancel. Circumstances defined is in a nursing home. Retention Dept wasn't rude but certainly not flexible at all. Read through many other reviews and I'm sure Life Alerts responses are justified in some cases but very very defensive overall. Not sure what to do here; have attorney reviewing contract which I'm sure is locked solid so I'll be out $3k. Not happy at all and certainly will not recommend unless they work something out that is fair. Lesson learned, folks have an out or choose someone else because "life" does happen with no flexibility. Life Alert - when you respond let me know how much to send for closure to this colossal mistake I made. Thanks much.

Life Alert Emergency Response response

Life Alert understands that circumstances change with our customers, that is why we have a cancellation clause that states if our customer has to go into a nursing home or receives 24/7 professional nursing care, we will immediately cancel the account without any penalties. Unfortunately, that is not the case with this account – as getting another medical alert system does not qualify for cancellation.

More importantly, medical alert systems are not all equal. A free system does not mean it is a quality system or that the emergency dispatch center will be able to get your mother help fast, 24/7. Whereas, Life Alert has a legal obligation to assist your mother. Here is a link to a sample of the many people who have switched from a previous system to join the security of Life Alert. http://www.lifealert.com/lifealertbetterservice.aspx

We truly hope to give this family peace of mind in knowing that their loved one is being taken care of by Life Alert, the leader and inventor of the medical alert industry, and that we are #1 in saving lives.

If you need further assistance, please email us at wecare@lifealert with your mother’s name and number, so we can have a representative contact you.

Sincerely,

Life Alert

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

On Dec 25th my father passed out in the bathroom. When he was able to he pressed his button around his neck because he was stuck between the toilet and the wall. Life Alert contacted me and my brothers to let us know EMS was on their way. They then called us when they arrived and contacted us again after we got to the ER. Life Alert was awesome and worked like a charm!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Life Alert was very helpful during this time. The gentlemen kept talking to my friend till I arrived and stayed on the line and asked who was there every time someone came in. They stayed on the line till the ambulance got here for her.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I passed out and fell to the floor, and when I came to myself, I called Life Alert. They stayed on their phone until the ambulance arrived and checked me out and took me to the hospital. I appreciate what they did. Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

While caring for my son’s dog – I left his home to go home – I was putting in the code to close the garage door – I lost my balance and fell. I pressed my Life Alert help button and the fire department came. I was not injured, except a skinned elbow which one of the lady fire person cleaned and bandaged and helped me to my feet. The people who answered my call at Life Alert were very helpful and I really appreciate your help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I wear long leg braces and fell in my driveway transferring from my scooter to my van. I could not get up. I called Life Alert and they contacted local EMT’s who picked me up and checked me out for injuries. Life Alert followed up to see that I was okay.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I fell and broke my right wrist, and twisted my ankle and tore the muscle in my leg. Life Alert answered my notion for help instantly and stayed with me until help arrived. Don’t know what I would have done without them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I cut the front of my leg and it was bleeding bad. I could not get the bleeding to stop. I called for help and they came right away and got the bleeding stopped. They were so helpful and had very nice manners. Thank God for Life Alert.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Husband fell in our bedroom as he stepped on his shoe as he was getting out of bed. I punched the Life Alert button and a voice came over the speaker asking what help he needed. She called the paramedics and they quickly came and pulled him up. He was not injured and they left. The Life Alert person stayed on the line until they left. She also called my son and friend on list.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

My dad had a non-stop nose bleed so we called Life Alert and they immediately called the EMT’s, and police, and ambulance – Life Alert stayed on the call until my dad was transferred to the hospital. They also called the other contacts on our list to let them know what happened.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I called Life Alert December 11, 2017. I was very sick. I called at 2am. They came right away and took me to the emergency. If it wasn’t for Life Alert, I don’t think I would have made it. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

My sugar dropped very low, they worked on me until I got better, and they stayed with me until they made sure I was ok. Than they told me what to do. They didn’t leave until they were sure I was all right. Truly professional and kind. Thank you, Life Alert.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

My mother had a pinched nerve in her back and it caused severe leg pain. She was struggling to walk, so we used Life Alert to call 911. I was very grateful for the service.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I had chest pains thinking I was having a heart attack. They answered me immediately and stayed on the line until the ambulance got here, even talked to one of the EMTs. I’m well pleased with their assistance.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Husband was choking on a large marshmallow and when I saw he was having trouble getting his breathe, I performed the Heimlich on him, and it went to his stomach. I had called Life Alert and the firemen and police came and checked him over.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Our mother fell – punched the Life Alert button. Life Alert called 911 and first person on call list who immediately came over and stayed until EMT’s and some family members arrived. Saved her life!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Mom had difficulty breathing. Life Alert operator responded immediately and EMT team arrived too. Operator was able to communicate well to me while response team was here -- until mom was brought to hospital. Operator notified 2 members of the family too which is very helpful

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My mother could not get out of bed. She was dizzy – she pressed her Life Alert button and immediately got an answer and Life Alert waited until the ambulance got there. I am very pleased with your service.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

With Life Alert, I was able to get to the emergency room at the hospital quickly. The ambulance was prompt on getting to the scene of where I fell. The accident (fall) resulted in a busted left knee cap that broke in 3 places and required surgery.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I thank you that all things worked out well the day of my car accident. When I called your office, you responded right away and the emergency transportation service were out there within fifteen minutes. I thank you for calling my children so they would be aware of what’s going on. In other words, you did an excellent job. I’ve been telling my friends about Life Alert.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I called and was told help was on the way almost immediately. They were there to help in about 8 to 10 minutes. Life Alert notified my family immediately. Everything went well. I certainly am well pleased with the system.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Male caller today 02.14.18 from Life Alert at 12:42 PM was abusive and crass. After he told me to contact some other low rate service then he hung up on me. I only asked for the price of the plans. He told me he was better than mail information offered from when I called several days ago and spoke to Pamela. This service has lost the courtesy that firms should offer. I will not recommend them to anyone.

Life Alert Emergency Response response

Life Alert takes establishing relationships with our customers as important as saving lives. Our representatives have vast knowledge in personal protection and we are proud of the fact that we spend a great deal of time with our customers – answering their questions, understanding their needs, and helping design a Life Alert protection package that fits their lifestyle and financial budget. A phone consultation helps to give us an idea of what the customer needs first before we can give prices. However, we apologize to Quentin of Houston, TX that he felt our rep was abrasive – as this is inconsistent with our training and policies. We have escalated this concern to the rep’s manager.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I stepped intentionally off my front landing and I experienced a freaky broken ankle. I crawled in the house and called Life Alert who responded immediately and they called my son and daughter-in-law. Help was on the way! Wonderful service.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My emergency call was a nose bleed, which doesn’t sound like much, but blood thinners makes it look like a crime scene. The Life Alert operator stayed with me until the ambulance arrived. I don’t know what I would do without Life Alert.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I fell in the house. My balance is very bad and so are my knees. I cannot get up from the floor by myself. They are always there to help me. Wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for Life Alert. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was choking at home alone. Pressed my Life Alert wrist button, could barely speak. The Life Alert operator stayed on the line with me until paramedics arrived.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I’ve had to use Life Alert many times. The experience is always good as was this last one when I had a mild heart attack, and I reached the hospital before it became serious.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My mother is 100 years old and lives by herself. She was baking and somehow she couldn’t turn the oven off, therefore it was getting hot more and more. She pushed her panic button and Life Alert went to work on her behalf. The firemen came and pulled the oven from the wall and unplugged it. Praise God for them. It really could have been a terrible situation. Thank you, Life Alert, for being there.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Twice I have fallen outside my house. If I hadn’t had my Life Alert in my pocket I would have had to lie there for a long time until someone came along and found me. I pushed the button and was surprised on how soon help came to me. Thanks so very much for Life Alert!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My dad dropped the remote control for the TV and tried to get it, and accidentally fell out of bed and couldn’t get up. Police and EMTs came, found the hidden key, and got him back up. No hospitalization was needed. The response from Life Alert was very good. I was also called and met them at the house.

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

Life Alert is far more than a medical alert system. It offers protection against carbon monoxide poisoning, home invasion, fire and smoke, and much more. It is an all-inclusive security package.

• Service is available nationwide: Call centers handle a variety of areas, with 200 percent more emergency staff per member than a traditional security company.

• The service is comprehensive: This monitored service can notify police, fire departments and hospitals in the event of an emergency.

• On-the-go coverage is available: Life Alert offers emergency services away from home using a cellphone emergency button.

• Price: Life Alert is more expensive than most traditional medical alert systems, but it does offer substantially more service.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410