Call toll free
4.81/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the leading emergency response company in the country, dedicated to solving home safety issues. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824.

Life Alert offers many protection packages such as monitored Smoke and CO Gas detectors, and an emergency 911 phone so your protection can be as mobile as you. Our service may allow members to avoid moving into a retirement community by having them live in their own homes much longer.

As the industry leader in medical alert and monitored protection, Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes and is the only company that former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, M.D. endorses.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4691 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had a drug interaction which caused me to become very disoriented and confused at 2:00ish a.m. one morning. My niece needed help to get me off the floor and to the hospital. She activated the Life Alert button to get help. The Life Alert agent was a great help in getting this done.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Life Alert sent a representative to help install equipment and it would not work. The representative took the equipment with her and did not return it! So I was billed on my CC 196.00 and then again 71.96... Even though it was documented that the person they sent took the equipment with her, they refuse to credit my Credit card until their employee returns the equipment, and then say that may refund 100%? Bad Business! Take advantage of senior citizens.

Life Alert Emergency Response response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were not aware of the unintentional mix-up in communication. We have since rectified the problem and implemented new procedures so this situation does not happen again. We truly appreciate your patience with us. We are refunding your credit card.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have had Life Alert since 2014. I have always been treated with respect, the service is very good and fast. They were here at my home within 10 minutes. They also called my 3 children to tell them I had fallen and was being taken care of. I have nothing but good to say about Life Alert, I tell my friends they should get this service!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Six months ago I had to have my right leg amputated. If I fall (which I did) I need two people to pick me up. Unfortunately there was only one person here (she is not very strong) - so I needed two strong bodies to help me back into the wheelchair. Life Alert was very kind and helpful.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I lost my balance and fell backwards and cut my head and cracked a rib. Activated my Life Alert and got an immediate reply. Explained the situation and ambulance was sent to transport me to the hospital. Remained for 18 days and then spent 16 days in rehab. Am very satisfied with the assistance I received from Life Alert.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Life Alert saved my life and has made me feel safe and secure in my home and outside of my home. Please keep up the good work! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I fell and I could not get up. I am 93 and I don’t have any strength in my arms and hands. I have had to call at least two times. They were here within 5 minutes after I called. Thanks to Life Alert for your service. I live in a senior complex and everyone out here has one.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My brother fell out of bed and couldn’t get up because of his condition. Life Alert responded very fast after he activated button. They called emergency personnel to come and check him out. Stayed with me until help arrived and then spoke to paramedics. I wasn’t aware he activated the button and he said I didn’t hear him so he summoned help. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My last experience with Life Alert was very helpful and could have made a big change for me. The call for help only took a very few minutes before the paramedics were here. People have seen me with my necklace on and they ask what it is and I tell them that I wouldn’t be without it. I know there are other kinds out there but I would not change.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I fell coming into my living room, in my nightgown and slippers, about 8a.m. (on Sept. 25, 2018) I think that was the date. I tried for one hour to get up by myself, but was not able to do it, so I pressed the button. Person on phone, from Life Alert, was very nice and helpful, she stayed on line with me till help arrived. I was not really hurt, so they just got me back up on my feet, very grateful for Life Alert. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I fell – couldn’t get up. I pressed the Life Alert button and the EMT and firemen came and saved me – they thought fast and acted intelligently and they were very nice and comforted me and made sure I was ok – I am so grateful for them! Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I fell on the floor and couldn’t get up, I pushed my Life Alert bracelet and they responded. They notified the ambulance and they came and picked me up. If I didn’t have the bracelet, I had no way of notifying anyone. They check up on me to see if I was taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

To Life Alert, we want to thank you for always being here for my husband. We don’t know what we would do without your Life Alert. Thank you for always being here for us!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

During my emergency - I couldn’t find someone to take me to urgent care so I pushed my button for Life Alert. While in the paramedic’s ambulance it was discovered I had a racing heart. I went to the hospital – for a 3 day stay. Thank you, Life Alert, for your quick action. I have already recommended your service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Went to get up from my chair and lost my balance and ended up sitting on the floor. I didn’t need a hospital visit, just help getting up off the floor. Life Alert has been very helpful these few years. Thank you everyone for helping me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I slipped and fell in the bathroom and had no phone to call for help. I am 89 years old and could not pull myself up. After about an hour of trying, I pushed the Life Alert and got help immediately. I was very grateful!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Slipped and fell backwards into the bathtub, I could not get up. Life Alert notified EMS that my daughter would be there shortly to let them in. They remained on the line with me until EMS and my daughter arrived.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My father had two recent falls at his home (9/19/18 and 9/26/18), on both occasions he was unable to get up and pressed the button on his monitor. Life Alert quickly dispatched paramedics and informed the family of the circumstances. A job well done.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Fell in kitchen. Unable to get up. Pushed the Life Alert button. Life Alert responded. Luckily I was near box, so able to have conversation. Life Alert alerted ambulance and police. They were very courteous and helpful. Turned out I had a broken hip, so this was a critical situation. Very happy I had Life Alert.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My husband suffered a fall down stairs. I alerted Life Alert, they responded immediately and stayed on the line with me until they were able to speak with first responders. They made calls to our son and daughter as directed, and honored my right of privacy.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Patient fell getting out of her lift chair and couldn’t get up without help. Life Alert called for EMTs and fire fighters who got her up and verified she wasn’t hurt. They also contacted my cell number, my home number, and my sister’s number to keep us informed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I got dizzy and couldn’t stand or walk by myself. My son told me to push my Life Alert button. The emergency vehicles were here very quick, 10 or 20 minutes. The Life Alert operator stayed on the phone and told the paramedics, who was getting my blood pressure and checking me out, all my problems past and present and all my medicines I am on. They stayed on the phone until they took me to the hospital. I was diagnosed with vertigo.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I had migraine headache all day. My son came over to take me to the emergency room. We decided it would be best if we called for an ambulance. We pressed the help button and the Life Alert member was very calm and kept talking until the paramedics arrived. Once the paramedics arrived. The Life Alert member was able to relay all my information to the paramedics. It was so nice I didn’t have to, because of the way I was feeling. Life Alert is great!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was having chest pain. I alerted Life Alert and an agent called the ambulance which arrived in 5 minutes. The agent stayed on the phone with me to keep me calm, then talked to police upon arrival. It was reassuring.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I fell and could not get up. I could not move – I was alone – there was something on my stove smoking. I thought I might die from the fire. I don’t remember pressing my Life Alert button, but somehow it was punched. The people came and took very good care of me. I was not really injured, I was home alone.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My mother, was in the basement of her home, alone, and suffered a broken leg. She punched her Life Alert and within 10-15 minutes fire and rescue was in the home and taking her to the emergency room. She had surgery the next morning and is currently in rehab doing nicely. Thank you so very much.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was having a reaction to new medication. Life Alert answered my call quickly. I was on my way to the ER in a very short time. Thank you for this service, I feel so much safer knowing you’re always there!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I had a very hard, unexpected fall involving a lot of blood but was able to press my Life Alert pendant, get up, and start to try to clean up. The Life Alert people were there almost immediately, cleaned up the blood on the floor, and took me to the hospital where I received fast and fabulous treatment for my various injuries. Life Alert also contacted my family as to my condition.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I fell in the hall at the front of our house. I called my niece – as soon as she got home, we called Life Alert for help. Two very nice young men came promptly – helped me up and asked if I needed to go to the ER. I did not go – the reason I could not get up was I have had 5 surgeries and could not put any pressure on them my legs.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I pressed my Life Alert button and received a response immediately – the operator stayed in contact with me until the ambulance arrived. They talked with the ambulance persons and my family was notified and was at the hospital when I arrived.

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

The 24/7 emergency response team sends fast help in the event of a fall or home invasion with the push of a button. Monthly service fees range $49.95. Mobile battery unit can last up to 10 years.

• Cutting edge technology: Quality technology is designed and manufactured for all lifestyles and ages to ensure protection at home or on the go.

• 24/7 monitoring centers: U.S.-based monitoring centers ensure that help can be summoned quickly and accurately 24/7.

• Five Diamond certified: Five Diamond certified with the International Central Station Alarm Association.

• No fees: Free shipping and no equipment costs. Device comes with free warranty.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410
www.lifealert.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.