Call toll free
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Alert is the nation’s #1 personal emergency response company that has a proven track record of savings lives and improving customers’ wellbeing. As the industry leader in personal protection, Life Alert is the first medical alert provider that incorporated LTE technology into their cutting-edge devices and services. Life Alert is also the only company that offers mobile protection with GPS that never needs charging, so loved ones are protected 24/7.

As the one and only, “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up,” company, Life Alert offers various lifesaving services that can be designed to fit a person’s lifestyle and budget. Whether it’s accidental, medical, fire, or a home invasion emergency, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, even when you can’t reach a phone or call out for help.

With over 40,000 published lifesaving testimonials from grateful customer’s and families, put the safety and life of your loved one in the care of Life Alert.

Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophe every 11 minutes.

For a free Life Alert brochure please call 800-519-5824

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4845 Life Alert Emergency Response Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 2, 2019

I can’t think of but two times Life Alert has been called purposely, and they have been fast, courteous, and responsible to get 911 out here on the double; and stayed with me while awaiting the arrival of EMTs, talking while waiting to be sure I was not seriously in dire straits. One time was when I fell out of bed between bed and table, first time in 84 years that had happened. Same results. Yes, I am much impressed with Life Alert, as was the medical driver. As a matter of fact, I just finished talking to a friend about them.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was unable to get out of bed because the pain was so intense it caused me not to be able to go beyond a certain point. Life Alert summoned the ambulance to take me to the hospital. The hospital did not find anything wrong. I went to the doctor (neurologist), he did an EMG that showed a pinched nerve at the C1-C2 and the MRI showed bulging discs at the C3-C4, C4-C5, C6-C7 pressing on the spinal cord. I was sent for physical therapy for 6 months. I received traction and rehabilitation.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I was walking in the yard using my rolling garden cart as a seat. I was trimming grass at the edge of a flower arraignment. I moved to get grass closer to the end and my cart rolled off the grass. I slid to the ground. I could not get up. I had no phone with me. Called for neighbor but she was not home! I pressed my Life Alert button. Fire rescue arrived in less than 10 minutes to pick me up and check to make sure I was not injured. My daughter was on the way, but she is 30 minutes away.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I went into A-Fib – heart rate 96-187 and irregular. I pressed my medallion for Life Alert and an operator responded within 2 minutes. She asked appropriate questions – chest pain – what I was feeling. She pulled up my info and called paramedics. She was very reassuring and stayed on the line until the paramedics were on the scene. I live alone and it was comforting to know I was able to speak to someone if anything changed. She waited for the paramedics to complete their assessment and stayed on the line in case they needed any further information.

Original review: July 28, 2018

In 2017 I had right knee replacement and left knee replacement in 2018. The incident happened when I attempted to lift the watering can which was full and too heavy and I lost my balance, falling backwards. As I fell, I knocked over the standing bird feeder and the top seed holder hit me on the head. I was lying on my back, unable to get up on my knees and was completely helpless. I pushed the Life Alert button and within minutes the fire department was here to help me. Wow, what handsome young men!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.?

Original review: June 12, 2019

Professional company with excellent customer service. I feel secure in knowing my GPS version is protecting me regardless of where I am. Highly recommend LifeStation for your medical alert service needs.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I have not had to use this but it gives my family a sense of security for me when I am home alone or anywhere that they aren’t with me. It is very simple to use and seems to have instant response. My family thanks you.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Life Alert’s response was fast, courteous, and so very comforting. Was so impressed with the speed in which you notified my sons. Thank you for your amazing service. The reason I needed help was that I suffered a compression fractured of my vertebrae – extremely painful!

Original review: May 24, 2019

I hadn’t felt good all day – very vague and detached – then knew I was falling but I was able to push my button and yell “help!” That was all I knew for the 2 days I was in the hospital. I live alone (with 2 dogs) on 10 acres. There is no way of knowing how long I would have laid on my living room floor – days – without Life Alert? I feel I owe my life to Life Alert.

Original review: May 23, 2019

The response from Life Alert was very good. I had help within a 15 minute time span. The overall incident was very positive. I don’t mind paying the monthly fee because of the response I get.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Fell getting out of bed and hit her head on wooden TV stand, also tore the skin on her left arm. Life Alert had fire department personal come to our house and pick her up, bandaged her arm, and put her back in bed. I took her to the hospital where she underwent surgery on her neck.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I live alone and at 4am I needed to call for the ambulance. I had no phone service at that time. When I pushed the button on my Life Alert they came through for me. Thank you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I had a very bad low sugar count as I am a diabetic and I would not be without Life Alert, I have been helped a lot of times; therefore, I feel better knowing I have your help day or night. Thank you and God bless all your workers.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I fell down and called my son, he and my grandson came and tried to get me up, but they could not do it. Then we called Life Alert, and a man and woman came and picked me up. They were very friendly and polite, also they knew what they were doing. We all were very happy and they did excellent job. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My mom falls quite often, and I tell everyone that we just love this company. Well worth the money. [Life Alert] are very helpful, the two women that came also changed mom cause she was wet. They are all so friendly and helpful.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Patient became unresponsive and they called the ambulance to take her to the hospital. Life Alert stayed on until we told them she was in route to the hospital. Thank you!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have violent reactions to some antibiotics. This particular incident was an allergic reaction to Macrobid. I took 1 pill about 10:00pm and by 2:00pm, I could not breathe. I just pushed my button and Life Alert stayed on the phone with me the whole time until paramedics arrived.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’m the son, my mother had problems breathing, I pushed the Life Alert button and within 13 minutes someone was there, saved her life. I recommend this service to everyone, very important. Good service, well needed.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Husband had gone to the bathroom with his walker and was coming back to the master bedroom without his walker, he sometimes feels that just because he is older (100) that walkers are for “old people” and he doesn’t think he is old nor does he need to use his walker, well he does. All Life Alert people we spoke with during and after lift assist was done were caring, thoughtful and concerned. We appreciate all of your help and also help from the fire department personnel!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was home alone and fell in the garage. I pressed my pendant, (which I wear all the time). They answered right away in just a few minutes the paramedics were here. I didn't get hurt but they stayed with me till my daughter got here. Life Alert even called my sons, one in VA the other in MD.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was extremely dizzy after a water aerobics class and afraid I'd fall (pass out) in the shower. Two ladies saw that I got home. I was afraid to rest very long for fear of passing out. I live alone. I called Life Alert and 2 vehicles came and 3-4 men in each took me to emergency at hospital. They got all info and hooked me up to equipment. I think. They were very nice and helpful.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My mother woke up in extreme pain. I was unable to transport her to the hospital. Life Alert was notified. They immediately contacted our local ambulance. They stayed in contact until first responders arrived. I have had to contact Life Alert the past two years several times. They have always been prompt and very helpful. Highly recommend them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

In short, I was extremely pleased with the entire procedure. I felt like I was in very good hands. And someone on my Life Alert stayed with me and talked to me until EMT's arrived, which was very shortly and transported me to the hospital.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was extremely satisfied with Life Alert. Them calling ambulance service made it so much easier. I have recommended it to a few friends. It's worth every cent! My mom means everything to me and you all are the best.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I fell in the kitchen and stayed alert. Did not move because I knew I hit my head and was afraid of concussion. I heard a voice from my Life Alert machine but could not answer. I did not wait long before family and fire department were here. Although head was bleeding badly - no stitches were necessary - I always recommend your company.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2019

I cancelled your service after an experience we had. I had your service for my Mother and Mother-in-law. When my Mom was found unresponsive, my sister pushed the button when she found her. The operator questioned whether it was a real emergency. Precious time passed before an ambulance was called (which we called). I asked for a full review of what happened and evidently no one thought it was important enough to check into since I never heard anything back. The person I talked to was not helpful nor were they concerned, so I wasn't surprised I didn't hear anything. There was a happy ending after my Mom spent several weeks in the hospital. She is doing okay now. We couldn't take a chance on something like that happening again so we now have a service we can trust.

Life Alert Emergency Response response

Dear Joel,

We have performed a thorough investigation of your concerns, and listened to all of the audio recordings. We understand the emotional strain families go through in an emergency of a loved one. Sometimes events can be perceived differently while under extreme stress.

When we first received the emergency signal, we called the house immediately and asked to speak to your mother. Her caregiver said, “She is asleep right now.” We explained that we needed to speak to her because we received a signal. The caregiver then gave the phone to your sister, who told our dispatcher what was happening. Our operator immediately notified the authorities and they arrived due to our notification to them. This was completed under two minutes. We found that all of our personnel were professional and performed their jobs fully, appropriately, and timely.

However, we are sorry that you feel you had a bad experience with Life Alert.

We wish you and your family great health.

Life Alert

Original review: May 13, 2019

I went to sit on the edge of my new mattress (7 inches higher than my old mattress) and it was too high and I slipped and fell and hit my head on the nightstand on the way to the floor. I have knee replacements and I couldn't get up, so I pushed my LifeAlert button. They were so quick in getting hold of the ambulance.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I fell after answering an early morning phone call. I pressed my Life Alert button and help was on the way. The ambulance was there in 5 minutes. I will not do without it ever.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Everyone we dealt with at the emergency call center was amazing and fabulous. Very happy with all service! Dispatch of ambulance was quick, very happy with service. Happy positive knowledgeable people. Even checked back with us afterwards. Life Alert is the best!! Even check with me if accidentally hit it.. Love it.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My mother slipped and feel out of her bed. She was able to push her Life Alert button and received help within minutes. No injures - was helped back in bed by the paramedics. So thankful for Life Alert and all their wonderful responses in directing the fire and paramedics to the key, door and entrance. Wonderful team - great dispatcher.

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc. expert review by Shelley Webb

The 24/7 emergency response team sends fast help in the event of a fall or home invasion with the push of a button. Monthly service fees range $49.95. Mobile battery unit can last up to 10 years.

• Cutting edge technology: Quality technology is designed and manufactured for all lifestyles and ages to ensure protection at home or on the go.

• 24/7 monitoring centers: U.S.-based monitoring centers ensure that help can be summoned quickly and accurately 24/7.

• Five Diamond certified: Five Diamond certified with the International Central Station Alarm Association.

• No fees: Free shipping and no equipment costs. Device comes with free warranty.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Life Alert Emergency Response Company Information

Life Alert Emergency Response, Inc.
800-920-3410