Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sunbeam Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2013

I have bought 3 king size electric blankets in 3 years. The first two I chalked up as a loss even though they were warrantied. This time I contacted Sunbeam and received an email promising a response within 2 business days. Nothing. As I read the complaints of others, I realize these blankets are simply junk. What bothers me most is the fact that large companies are able to rob us of our hard-earned money while all we can really do is post our frustrations on sites like this that only other disgruntled customers will read, while they continue to make more faulty items and rob more people. Disgusting... LATER Sunbeam. Oh by the way, I have a BIG mouth and will post on Facebook about you! That will help spread the word! May what you do to others come right back to you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2013

I bought a box of Sunbeam 6 soft white bulbs, 60watts. They blow out the next day. In a week, I went through the whole box of 6 light bulbs. This is crazy now. The bulb will make a sizzle noise right before they blow out. I used other brands of light bulbs before & never had this happen.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2013

The other night my husband and I were lying in bed. I had the heating pad turned on for about 5 minutes and had it lying on my lower abdomen. The controller was between my husband and I. All of a sudden I hear this loud pop, sparks, and my husband flying out of bed. I jumped out and flipped on the light. The controller busted and electrocuted my husband (he is okay). Then the controller popped again and burst into flames for a second and went out. I ran over and unplugged it. It popped the electrical cord right out of the controller, melted through two sets of satin sheets and left a hole in the mattress. The whole controller is now black and in half. This was so scary and could have been so much worse!

Original review: June 5, 2013

I called Target and Sunbeam about it but got nowhere. Sunbeam offered to send someone out to pick it up, but I refused. I should have done more and still feel guilty about it.

Original review: May 12, 2013

We have had 3 Sunbeam electric blankets with 5-year warranties. Each one quit working after 1 or 2 years. Our new Sunbeam toaster has had very little use over the year we have owned it, but now it smells like it's burning as soon as it's turned on. There are no crumbs to be causing this. We're afraid to use it and its past warranty so we will throw it away. We don't want anyone else to have a fire if we sell it or give it away. Add us to the number of people on this site who will never buy a Sunbeam product again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2013

I purchased a twin Sunbeam electric blanket on 12/11/11. It has been used very little and never washed. It recently just stopped working. I have the receipt from Wal-Mart for $49.00. I would like to request a refund of this amount. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2013

I purchased a microwave in July 2012. The microwave just stopped working. The 90-day warranty had expired, so I called Sunbeam. They want a receipt, the cord, the ring and the model and number on the back of the microwave. That was on November 7, 2012. I have called numerous times. Each time I was told something different including it took three weeks to receive the package from UPS consisting of the ring, etc. I was also told not to throw away the old microwave, which I haven't. I was told I would receive the refund check the first week of February, the second week, which I haven't. Each time I have emailed, I am told that is handled by a different department, the same department. I have called over and over. Maybe it is because I have told them I will never ever purchase a Sunbeam product ever again. I want anyone to contact me about my complaint. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2012

We have a Sunbeam Soft Touch Automatic Heating Pad Model 790 (E12107, Cat. 92 on back of control). It has performed well for a number of years. We can’t remember when we bought it, maybe 10 years or more ago. Yesterday when my wife was using it for her leg after a fall, the control started smoking. Since she can’t walk on her leg, she was trying to get up to unplug it. I rushed over and pulled the plug. The control smoked and smelled for quite a while and the back of the control had a spot where the plastic was melting in the area towards the top left corner. I can’t imagine what would have happened if she had been asleep.

Granted this unit is well out of warranty and if it had just stopped working, I would have thought nothing about it and would have just bought another one. What concerns me is the fact that the control was shorting out and would have soon melted through the plastic housing. It seems to me there should have been some type of fail-safe mechanism built into this that would have shut it off (fuse?) so this would have not happened. Just be warned! Be aware of this if you are still using this model of heating pad. By the way, the unit was made in China.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2012

My aunt has purchased six of these Sunbeam Heating Blankets in the last six years. The reason is, after a 1-year use, it doesn't heat up anymore. She called Sunbeam to complain and they told her to send the item back and all these other things she has to do and they can either repair it or they can send her another one. She is elderly and said she can't do all these things they want her to do. I told her, "Do not buy another one." They are ripping people off. It has a five-year warranty but they won't do anything really to help you get another one. It's not easy. I believe I'll take it higher to Consumer Affairs and file a complaint. Oh, btw, she has to pay to have it shipped back to them. That's bs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2012

I was using the Sunbeam heating pad for my lumbar. I was using it the correct way and kept smelling something not realizing it was the heating pad. I went to my doctor and he asked me if I was using a heating pad. Shocked, I said yes and he noticed the imprint from the coils on my back. I still did not think much about it and I realized every time I used it, I smelled that smell. It was my heating pad burning. I noticed the brown color on the pad from burning. I took it back to the store and got my money back, but it does not make it right that it burned my back. I was grateful I did not fall asleep with it and burn up.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2012

My husband was using our Sunbeam heating pad last night. It is supposed to shut off after a period of time. I smelled something funky and went into the bedroom. I asked him if he smelled something when he jumped off the bed and we found that the heating pad burned his back, you could actually see the imprint from the coils on his back. Not only this, but it blackened my bedspread (which was my mother's and I've had it on my bed since she passed away because it makes me feel closer to her). It also burned through the flannel sheet, the mattress pad and into my Sleep Number bed. Thank God it didn't start a fire. I was going to contact Sunbeam with the pictures I took, but it seems that I may have to contact a lawyer instead. How can they keep making these defective products? Anyone think of getting a class action lawsuit? I might just start one!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2012

I was opening my first bottle of wine with your product and got it screwed into the cork. But when I pulled down on the handles, it came apart where the two pieces were punched together. I don't see how this product could have ever passed inspections. Consequence was that I had to get my pliers out and fight with the cork. It certainly made me look cheap for having such a worthless corkscrew! A recall and design change would not be a bad idea.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2012

Sunbeam electric heating pad is supposed to have an auto-shut off but failed miserably. While using the heating pad on my neck and back area where I had pain, the Sunbeam product burned a severe hole into my back which continues to cause pain and I must wear a bandage everyday to keep clothing from rubbing and distressing the area. I sent two letters to the CEO and many phone calls with their representative, which I felt completely brushed off, one even stating, "Our lawyers only speak with other lawyers!" Why is there no recourse for large companies with enough money that they can simply dismiss consumers after permanent injuries?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2012

I purchased a Sunbeam Microwave Oven model SGB8901 June 2012. The interior light bulb burned out less than 3 months later. Sunbeam will not honor their 1 year warranty, claiming that light bulbs are not included. The warranty states that service call to replace light bulb is not covered. I asked them to send me replacement part, but was denied. Sunbeam Customer service (866-257-3336) is not at all helpful.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2012

Three of them broke in a short time. I have a disability that heat helps. I have bought 3 large ones in the last 6 months. I realize they are used a lot, but this last time, rather than issues with the cord, the red light keeps flashing. These cost a lot and I feel there is a problem with the product rather than how I treat them. Please help me!

Original review: April 25, 2012

While mixing a cake, a loud noise happened and it was noticed that the beaters were not working properly on the Sunbeam Cafe Series Mixmaster (model MX8900W). They appeared to be out of sync. I tried using other beaters provided with the Mixmaster and exactly the same noise occurred. Whilst the machine is just out of warranty, it has had very little use (we are pensioners). We are totally dissatisfied with this product and would welcome communication with Sunbeam’s customer service regarding this matter.

Original review: April 19, 2012

I recently purchased 2 Sunbeam Hot Shot hot water heaters to boil hot water. I owned one before and it was great. The new model, however, has barely enough clearance to fit a large coffee/tea cup under the dispenser!

Original review: April 9, 2012

I have purchased 3 heating pads last year, all of which were Sunbeam. They all started doing the same thing after a very short period of time. The high button light starts blinking and it won't work anymore. I have thought Sunbeam stood behind their products and I can remember a time when if it said Sunbeam, you could depend on years of good service from the product. My husband has had 8 back surgeries and a heating pad on his back is the only small relief he can get. It is very upsetting when your product fails him in the middle of the night when it is only 3 months old! I think that some of the heating pad designs that your company has come out with is just great (such as, softer material and ones designed for the neck and the back), but they don't hold up. I would appreciate some type of compensation for these heating pads. Thank you.

Original review: March 19, 2012

We recently purchased a Sunbeam Portable Mix-master. The slowest speed throws the contents out of the bowl. There are 6 speeds plus a booster. I can’t imagine what would happen if we used a faster speed. My wife refuses to use it. We will purchase another mixer but it won't be a Sunbeam. The numbers are E21 6756 FP5BHM 1502 another number is PN139927 We have had other Sunbeam products we were happy with but not this one.

Original review: March 17, 2012

I purchased a Sunbeam 4-place toaster (model # 6278). My toaster does not toast the bread all over in any of the slots. The upper 1/4 of the bread toasts okay, but the lower portion of the slice of bread does not toast at all. The coils don't seem to heat up. I have to turn the bread upside down and put it back in, put it down again. It takes too long to make toast. It's very inefficient! I'm very frustrated and disappointed with my toaster!

Original review: March 17, 2012

4-Slice Toaster Model #6278 (black) - My toaster does not toast the bread evenly. The lower half of the bread is not toasted at all, the coils don't heat up. I have to turn the bread around and put it down again, taking too long to toast! Very frustrating, I'm very disappointed!

Original review: March 17, 2012

0.7 cu ft Microwave Model SM0701A7E Too Hot to Touch - I received this microwave as a Christmas present in 2011. I am having the same experience as Winston of Piscataway NJ. Winston could not have described it better. The only additional information I can provide is that the unit has a thermal shut down mode and after two to three minutes will reset. However, it will not heat for longer than three minutes without becoming too hot to touch above the controls and thermally shutting down. I have not tried contacting support, but I am extremely doubtful as the response based on the experience of others.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2012

Mattress pad will not shut off. I called and they told me they would be sending replacement out right away, along with return slip to package up defect using packing from replacement. This has been over a month ago. I call every week and they are telling me there waiting on new inventory, but everywhere I look this up online, no one has them and showing out of stock. Some say they don’t know if they will be getting them back in. So Sunbeam, what’s going on? Meanwhile, spring is coming and won’t need it until next winter. Someone is not telling me the real story here (pad isn’t four months old).

Original review: Feb. 6, 2012

I bought a microwave that had a one year warranty, and after 6 months, it stopped working. The machine sounds like it's working, but it's not doing the job. I called the warranty department, and sent them my receipt, and one year warranty notice from the manual, but received no response from them. Sunbeam is a terrible company for quality.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2012

I purchased a sunbeam queen sized dual control electric blanket 2 weeks ago, and to say I am angry is an understatement! we had to keep unplugging it, to get it to stop blinking, and then 2 days ago, we had a tree fall on the power line, and the control, which wasn't on, just plugged in, caught on fire, and put my bed on fire! It is extremely dangerous, but because I don't have the box, I can't take it back to the store. I am out way more than the $80.00 for the blanket, because I have to replace my expensive headboard. I will never buy another one of these blankets.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2012

Approximately 6 months ago, I purchased a Sunbeam microwave model # SGM4902 and a few days ago, heating something up in it... it started sparking on the side where the cover covers the wiring inside and it caught on fire, burned through the cover on the inside of microwave! It's black, charred, and bowed out where it burnt through to the inside of microwave!

I unplugged the microwave as fast as I could and let the fire burn out. Found out they do not have a recall on the product! How ridiculous! I thought maybe it was a fluke and would be taken cared of by the company but no, not through them or through the store because of how long ago the purchase was!....Do not buy one of these microwaves if you don't want a fire in one! Very dangerous purchase!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

I purchased king size electric blanket in Nov. 2011 and on Jan 2, 2012, only one (1) side was working. Sunbeam needs to recall these inferior, poor quality products now. I previously purchased a Sunbeam electric blanket (approximately 20 years ago) which lasted until 2011. This blanket was made in the U.S.A., while this new piece of junk was made in China. Enough said.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2012

What should happen is someone from Sunbeam should look at all of the disgruntled people on this website concerning their products (especially electric blankets). I also purchased a P.O.S. King size electric blanket at Kohl's of Culpeper, VA in mid 2011. Kohl's, unlike some stores I read about, did replace it once. That one was also defective for the same reason, one side heated, the other did not. I am throwing the cords away and using it as a $100 P.O.S. plain blanket. I will never, never, never, never ever buy another Sunbeam product. I recommend that Sunbeam would make a conciencious decision to produce saleable, safe products or dismantle their entire operation.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2012

Correction! A five star outrage! I just attempted to turn the product on! Sunbeam does not answer any calls on the weekend. Their warranty number is unavailable. Their dual control electric blanket product does not even turn on! It just shows FF a million times over! We just took it back to the poor retailer who had the misfortune to sell the stupid thing! They even anticipate this outrageous problem in the instructions and say to call service. But there is none! Calling all consumers, trust Sunbeam never! Their name is mudbeam.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2012

I was given a conventional microwave as a gift and it doesn't heat up. I don't know is where it was purchased but I'd be happy with a working replacement. That's all.

Sunbeam Company Information