1.42/5
Based on 125 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sunbeam

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 3, 2018

210 Sunbeam Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

I have been using a twin size e.b. since early October '15. Recently the light would start to flash on the control and you couldn't do anything other than unplug it and then plug it back in. It would be OK for a short time and then do the same thing. When it kept flashing, the heat went way down to barely any at all. I had forgotten having trouble with another Sunbeam blanket a couple of years ago. The blanket itself was so nice, but the controls didn't last. Sunbeam replaced two but both went out and so did the blanket. Now I have two, one has been used for only a couple of nights and so far is working OK. Wonder how long that will last. I haven't called Sunbeam yet to see if they will replace the control. If not, I will never purchase another Sunbeam product. Thought they had a good reputation for quality products. Guess I was wrong.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

Junk, purchased a twin size heated blanket from Walmart... $40, it died 35 days later. Why would I save the receipt so I called Sunbeam. They troubleshoot, asked for codes on the plug (this is when you know they know of lot #'s being faulty) and requested I send it in for repair... WTF, it would cost me $10-15 to send it and be without a blanket for 3-4 weeks. I told them shove it. POOR PRODUCT. I will never own another Sunbeam product in my life.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

I purchased a heating wearable scarf for my homeless brother. It did not work. I first tried it with the batteries they provide and kept it on for about 30-40 minutes. Then I decided it might be the batteries. I changed them and again turned switch to ON for about 1 hour and nothing. I regretted this purchase and the heated mattress purchase. I called Sunbeam today to ask if they could cover the $6.00 return shipping for this $13.99 item and at first the CSR agreed to cover it and kept me on hold while she was processing to email me a label. Then she returned on phone to say that in fact they would not cover it. I got upset. Also I reviewed the items on Sunbeam's website and they removed the review on the scarf!!! They clearly removed it on purpose. I hope that the heated wrap I bought for my mother continues to work as I tested it and so far it works. I never want to order from them as their return policy is terrible as is their customer service and obvious the quality of the products is terrible.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

The mattress pad we purchased November 2015 makes a lot of buzzing sounds and we paid over $149 for and they want us to cover the shipping for a return for a new product. This after numerous phone calls and emails to their customer service reps. The pad gets hotter than we can handle at level 3 and then it makes sounds like a buzzing sort of sound and cannot use this for fear of it being a fire hazard. We showed it to our firemen friends and they said - "do not use it - return it".

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

I bought a Sunbeam microwave with a round clock on the front. When you unpacked it it had a sheet, a plastic under the clock rather than over it that was very difficult to remove. I had pieces of plastic hanging out from around the clock. I called Sunbeam to ask if the face of the clock popped off to which they urged me not to take apart the microwave and to use tools. I actually had tried to use tweezers but started scratching the metal surface. A lot of trouble for a piece of plastic. Microwave will go back to the store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

This mattress pad only worked for one year. The second season very few areas of the pad heat up. Store will not take it back and Sunbeam doesn't even answer their phone or reply to emails. So much for a five year warranty! This company is selling a poor product and why isn't the government stepping in to make them honor their warranty? Will never buy another Sunbeam product. Do not purchase this, it's expensive and will only last a year!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I bought this warming throw from Walmart for my mother last year. She passed away last July and I started using it a couple weeks ago. I noticed something that looked like someone had spilled something on it. On closer inspection, it became apparent the "spill" was in fact melted material. I then noticed that there were several areas where smaller holes had been created by the heat of the blanket. What the hell Sunbeam. This is what happens when reputable American corporations take their manufacturing to China.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

KING SIZE heating blanket - This is the 3rd time I have purchased this product. Every year around the same time I get one because when winter starts I take the blanket from storage try to use it and it never heats. So every year I have to purchase a new one. Will never again!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

Fleece heating blanket twin size - This is the 4th time I bought one of these blankets. Not buying anymore, they only last a few months. I thought I was doing something wrong but I bought my mom and daughter one as a gift for Christmas. The same thing, I wouldn't buy it unless you just need it temporary.

Original review: June 14, 2015

This is the 4th or 5th Sunbeam Jug Kettle with built-in obsolescence. No more electric kettles of any make. It would help if they included an extra base so when one breaks you have the other. Total piece of crap.

Original review: June 11, 2015

Sunbeam Electric Blanket - Bought the blanket at Kohl’s for $100. Loved it the first year. Second year it just wasn't heating properly. Tried different things recommended in instruction pamphlet to no avail. Finally requested an address to send back since it was under warranty. Returned in February 2015. Did EVERYTHING they told me to... Have not received refund yet despite calling numerous times. It's always 10 - 12 weeks wait, we didn't receive notice the blanket had arrived, etc. Each time I call they add more time to how long I need to wait for my money. It is maddening to deal with the employees and Sunbeam. It is time for a class action to stop them from treating consumers this way... All the while they keep our money despite warranty.

Original review: June 4, 2015

Sunbeam "professional" iron, being used for perhaps the 20th time, shut itself off and will not reheat. I have transported to other outlets to test, with no success. In phoning Sunbeam "customer service" I was told the product is "out of warranty" thus no assistance was available. A rarely-used 18-month-old Sunbeam product that should last 25 years has convinced me never again to purchase anything Sunbeam.

Original review: May 30, 2015

I bought the Sunbeam Heating Pad, using it for my hip replacement surgery. However, the plastic part burned me. Not very happy about it at all!! I have 2 burns from the tip of the plastic where the cover should cover but falls out.

Original review: May 21, 2015

Was gifted a Sunbeam microwave last December. Didn't set it up until we moved into our new apartment in February. I heated coconut oil in a microwave safe dish, MICROWAVE SAFE. After 7 seconds the microwave started sparking and making awful static noises. Caught fire. We were not misusing this microwave and had not put anything dangerous into it. Beware Sunbeam and their awful, dangerous products.

Original review: April 14, 2015

A dangerous product that caused first degree burns to my left hand and arm and severe water damage to my parquet wood floors due to some sort of leak. The plastic bin that the water sits in gets dangerously hot to the point that it almost feels like it could melt. When unplugged, sparks flew out of the plug. The product is cheap, dangerous in many ways and certainly a fire hazard. The water in the tank looked burned and black. When turned on, there was a snapping noise like electricity hitting the water inside the tank. The product either put out little steam or it sputters and boils excessively.

I contacted Sunbeam back in January about this product and told them about the injuries and damages sustained. They asked me to send in the vaporizer for testing, along with photos of the burns, damages and receipts for medical expenses, etc. It is now April 14th, three months later and claim was denied. According to Sunbeam, there was nothing wrong with the unit and no leak.

Meanwhile, the unit leaked boiling hot water all over my floor and on my arm. I sent photos showing burned water inside the tank, photos of my arm and photos showing the damages. They denied my claim, saying their product did not leak! I guess it's easier to deny their product is dangerous and refuse to reimburse customers for any damages. Horrible product and horrible company! According to Amazon.com reviews, there are many people who reviewed this product as dangerous so I am not the only person who has had issues with this particular product.

Original review: March 25, 2015

Purchased a sunbeam heating pad about 10 months ago and it has already burned out. This is the second sunbeam heating pad I have purchased and the first one was no better. I like the style and feel but the quality just doesn't seem to be there. Should last longer.

Original review: March 6, 2015

I purchased an electric blanket around October, 2014. Did not keep receipt because I liked it and planned to keep it. In February 2015 one of the controls failed, so, the blanket only heated on one side. I called Sunbeam about it & was told they did not have a service center in New Brunswick (a very big province) & told me I would have to go to another province to a service center. I explained I would not travel that distance (gas prices alone would be cost of the blanket) & offered to purchase a new control set for the blanket. I was refused and told I could try taking it back to where I purchased or buy a new one. I always thought Sunbeam was a large Corporation that had been around for years. That's the only reason I bought the blanket (a trusted Company - I thought). Never again will I buy any Sunbeam products & will be telling everyone who I know. Guarantee Sunbeam has lost many good customers from this experience!

Original review: March 4, 2015

I bought two Sunbeam electric blankets, one full size and one queen. I bought them at WalMart Oct 2014. My blanket was not heating, it took forever to warm up and then would increase its temperature during my sleep becoming too hot. It had cool spots, mostly the center of the blanket. I returned it to the Walmart store where I bought it last week, Feb. 2015. I have the receipt. Walmart refused to take it back, and suggested I contact Sunbeam.

I have reviewed the complaints made about Sunbeam corporation and wonder why they are still in business, and have not been made to answer complaints and lawsuits. I am not even going to try and return my blanket, or the gift blanket I bought for my family. How could I forgive myself for causing fire or death or even burns, because of negligence on the part of Sunbeam corporation. I will also file a complaint with WalMart and with the BBB. I am not using the blanket at all, no comfort at the price of fear.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Sunbeam Warming Throws - I have purchased 5 in the last 7 years. They last just over a year and quit. I am now down to 1 left that works. The last one was in warranty so I called Sunbeam. After "troubleshooting" it for longer than needed I was told I had not used the throw correctly (I sit with them on my lap). I no longer recommend them as I did in the beginning. I am young and have osteoarthritis and they help with the inflammation and pain. I think I have learned my lesson - NO MORE SUNBEAM.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

My blanket would not heat. I read other complaints and knew I was stuck with it. So I did a few things. 1st I made sure all wires were straight.. At the end where plug in is I found the wires had looped and the wires it. The blanket needed to be stretched out 1 at a time. Then I flipped the cord over at bottom of blanket. Then turned off & on at the controller. The blanket is getting warm now. This took a lot of time to do.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

I bought a Sun bean toaster Model no. tssbtrs. Well the toast pops out so high that there are times you have to search for where the toast went. When the toast comes flying in the air, the knob that you push down on, comes flying off. This is not worth the money. I bought this at Target, and did not keep the receipt.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

Micro plush electric Blanket - Bought a Sunbeam Electric Blanket Dec,1st 2014 and went to sleep with it on high and woke up about an hour later with 2nd degree burns- 3 on my leg, 2 on my back, one on my hip and one on my elbow. Filed a complaint with Wal-mart where I bought it and was contacted by Sunbeam who wanted me to send them the blanket right away but I got a lawyer and he has the blanket to be tested. He strongly advised me not to give the blanket to Sunbeam because that is my evidence. I will update when I know more.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

We used the 60 watt bulbs in our house and two burnt out at the same time. When my husband went to take the bulbs out, the metal part and the glass separated leaving the metal part in the light socket. This is SO DANGEROUS!!!! I will never purchase another Sunbeam thing again in my life!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

This is a complaint about sunbeam. In October 2001 my mom purchased a sunbeam electric blanket brand-new. On November 30, 2001 my mother went to sleep with her electric blanket turned on and the electric blanket caught on fire while she was sleeping. My mother died as a result of that fire that was caused by the electric blanket. The fire department was called as a result of the fire and the fire marshal ruled the cause of the fire from the sunbeam electric blanket. Sunbeam refused to take responsibility. I did contact an attorney but found out later that Sunbeam has bigger and better attorneys. And sunbeam is able to pay their attorneys a lot of money to stop lawsuits with people like myself. This is why Sunbeam still sells electric blankets.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

We purchased a heated throw. Unfortunately, they forgot to place a cord in the box. So we have no way of heating the blanket. Called their customer service. They gave us a choice to either buy a cord for $28.00 or pay for our own shipping and send the blanket back to them. Not sure why they want the blanket - nothing wrong with it...we just need a cord. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

New Year's Eve 2014. I was out shopping during the day. Stopped and purchased a box of Sunbeam 60-watt light bulbs. I needed some in my bathroom over my vanity mirror. The fixture requires 6 bulbs and 2 were blown out. I put in 2 new bulbs that were purchased that day. Later in the evening, when I entered my bathroom, as I flicked on the light switch, the same two bulbs exploded and shattered all over my bathroom. Some of the thin glass flew into my hair. I did pick up the shattered glass right away. I could understand if one bulb did this, but two at the same time? What are the odds? I purchased a three-pack of bulbs but will not use the other one, afraid of it happening again to me or my children. Absolutely horrible. I read the box that states that the bulbs are guaranteed to work 3000 hours from the original purchase date, which was earlier today. I'm supposed to return the defective bulbs with receipt for refund? Well that's not possible since they were shattered. Not worth the trouble and they know that!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2014

I bought my first one 2 years ago and it kept blinking error and didn't heat, so I bought another one this year thinking it was a problem that maybe Sunbeam had fixed, but NO. I purchased another one, and within 5 MINUTES IT DISPLAYED AN ERROR MESSAGE!!! And I can't get ANYONE from Sunbeam to help me. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR - DON'T EVEN CONSIDER BUYING AN ELECTRIC BLANKET FROM THEM.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2014

Cord shorted out the first night. Called Jarden which they claim is Sunbeam. Told me I had to mail the blanket back to them and were going to charge me $39 to fix and then $35 to mail it to them, but they would pay to ship it back and it would take 6 weeks to do so. They make it so that it costs as much to buy another blanket rather than pay for all the fees. They were extremely rude so I just bit the bullet and bought a different electric blanket. I did not trust their product anymore. Shame on Sunbeam for treating their customers like crap. Buyers beware. I have read internet posts where people had the same rotten treatment I did.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2014

A few weeks ago I purchased a Sunbeam king sized electric blanket. The numbers I could find on it were: Intertek 2002215 Style 84SKE. The shell is made of 100% Polyester. The problem is the shell of the blanket is so slick that the blanket slides off the bed every night and the quilt covering it also slides off the bed. It is impossible to use the blanket for sleeping and still keep it on the bed. Unfortunately my husband threw away the receipt or I would have returned it. It is impossible to use it for the purpose for which it was purchased.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

Sunbeam Heating Blanket RN 17280 - I have bought a number of Sunbeam Heating Blankets. If I am luck they last about two years and then stop heating up. I do not abuse them, sit on them and fold them up carefully and store in the off season. These are expensive blankets and they sure as heck should be lasting more than two years (if they last that long).

Sunbeam Company Information

www.sunbeam.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use