toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Anthony & Sylvan built our pool in 1971, so we went back to them for the renovation and they gave us a good price. The design consultant came out and he told us what we needed to do. He was very professional and friendly so we did it. They replaced the tile and picked some of the coping. I like the covers that they did on the pool.

We've been looking for a pool for about three years. I went out to several of the pool builders for a bid. Anthony & Sylvan was not the lowest bid, but it was the one that I hoped could build the best pool and give me the deal for my dollars. I was not disappointed. Our pool is a non-heated, free-form pool. I like the water features and the way it was designed. It fits well because it doesn't overwhelm the backyard. There's little room for walkways and gardens. Now we have a nice and beautiful backyard and we will be able to maximize the use of it. I have a 15-year-old daughter who can't wait to have some pool parties.

One thing I really enjoyed within the process was that I wasn't pressured. I started the process about 11 months before I actually got the pool going because I had to weigh the information. The project manager and the scheduling team were easy to get hold of. We worked closely in getting subcontractors in and out. There was one instance where we had some problems with the plumbing and they were out there immediately and took care of it. The response was fast and things went as smoothly as possibly could be.

For over 20 years, I’ve always wanted to have a pool. I think it'll keep all my family close together. I enjoy having my grandchildren around. They love swimming and one of them loves to have all her friends around. It's going to be fun for them as they grow up. What Anthony & Sylvan had to offer was clear and concise, so I contacted them. I had two schedulers and everyone worked well. They were on time and very knowledgeable. They took care of everything so I was pleased. Even though it's an ordeal they made it easier. Our pool is gorgeous! It's egg-shaped and it's eight feet deep on one end. We've got a little diving board. We got the one that has an ochre color. It's neat and it changes as the sun goes across the skies and to the different shades of blue in the pool. The tile work is just beautiful. I got the tan tiles that were different from what most people have. Then, I had extra areas of cement put through. It's really nice.

I've been wanting to have a pool for six years. I then had Anthony & Sylvan build a free-form pool. It has a waterfall and a spa which are my favorite things about it. Everything was fine with keeping things on track and issues that arose as we were going. I would recommend them. And I'm looking forward to swimming in it when it warms up.

We've wanted a pool forever and made the decision to get one after we visited a friend in Houston who had a salt water pool. We checked several different pool people that had advertised and looked on the internet for pool people in our area. Anthony & Sylvan was the most responsive and seemed the most professional. We got a geometric pool from them and I like looking at it. It's beautiful. However, we had a problem with communications for scheduling. It took a while but once communication was working for us, our project manager realized that the technical people were not getting our information to us twice a week. Something was a glitch. He couldn't have been better and understood how vital communications were.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

We normally have pools before but when we moved to our current house and it didn't have one. We were new to the area so we went with the well-established company which Anthony & Sylvan seemed to be. The project manager was great. He always kept up on things and followed through. We got a three to five feet, free-form design pool with a little deck and spa and I'm looking forward to using it.

We had Anthony & Sylvan build our new pool. I like that it is a gunite pool and I like its tanning ledge. Our project manager and the scheduling team were very cooperative and on time with appointments as to what parts were ready to be done on each part of the pool as it was being constructed.

We wanted our pool to be fiberglass and Anthony & Sylvan was one of the only ones who did that. We had a lovely freeform pool with a nice size entry. We're older and so it's a nice size pool for us to be able to handle. It also has a four-foot by three-foot ledge which is one of my favorite things. I have five grandchildren with a couple more on the way and so it has a nice platform that is shallow to get into the pool which is one reason why we bought it. We have a lot of company and so the pool is very much of a relationship spot for us.

Their staff were all very kind and we thoroughly enjoy all of them. The only negative that we ever had with the whole process was the timing of it all. There's a lot of stuff like the weather and it just took forever but it really wasn't anybody's fault. I would recommend them. In fact, we already did to two in our neighborhood since they saw what Anthony & Sylvan did for us.

I heard of Anthony & Sylvan through a builder I know and I chose them based on his recommendation. I had professional interactions with their reps and our pool that they made is salt water. I also like the auto cover and the spa. I'm looking forward to a relief from the summertime heat in Las Vegas.

A family member had the pool from Anthony & Sylvan and so I went with them for my pool. They were all very professional. I have a Grecian style pool and I like the newness of it. We have a five-year-old and a seven-year-old and they're really enjoying it. I'm looking forward to having family and friends over.

I got an Anthony & Sylvan standard pool. Their price is reasonable and the salesman I talked to was courteous. As far as the communication, I give them a A-grade. Throughout the construction process, their people kept me in the loop, from digging the hole to gunite the pool, and the whole progress. I like the size of the pool as it is long enough to do some real exercises instead of just fun and soak type of pool. It is 17 by 35 rectangular-shaped, concrete pool, 8-ft deep on the deep end and has a bench on either side, too. On a hot summer day, I can dive into it.

We've been looking to get a pool for our new house for the last two years. We had to wait until the ground settled at the new house. We had another house that had an inground pool and that pool was built by Maryland Pools. They had some issues so we didn't go with them. We had so many pool companies come out and we were so impressed with Anthony & Sylvan that I had a really good feeling. We also happened to see them online and then a friend of ours was doing a pool decking with them and then he told us about it. So, we had Anthony & Sylvan come out. They came in a little bit higher in price compared to the other pool companies, however, we do know that we get what we pay for.

They made a pool with Grecian edge for us. It's 22 by 45 feet and it has an eight-foot by 15-foot ledge, with the umbrella insert. It doesn't have any waterfall features but we got the heater and then we have about 2,000 square feet of paver decking. The best thing is the wall that was built and then we have a fence around it, too. So, we have plenty of room to lie out and plenty of room to swim, as well.

This experience with Anthony & Sylvan was top-notch. Every contractor that came over to do either the steel work, or inside the pool, or to dig the pool, was just phenomenal. They were professional, knowledgeable, and cleaned up after themselves. I'm actually going to call them 'cause I want to get some inflates on a diving board and we're going to do a diving rock. Any other work that I get done, it will be with Anthony & Sylvan.

I looked at the reviews and read the testimonials of Anthony & Sylvan online and that's how I decided to choose them. I talked to the project manager and scheduling team frequently which was definitely a good experience. My pool is peanut shape, heated and has a spa, and I look forward to utilizing it once the weather warms up. I would definitely refer Anthony & Sylvan to a friend.

It's been forever since I wanted a pool and some friends of ours recommended Anthony & Sylvan. We had a free-form pool installed by them last year close to winter. They were all very prompt and everything went really smooth. I'm living in Central Texas and it will be a relief to get in the pool on an August afternoon.

A neighbor recommended Anthony & Sylvan. The staff was wonderful, quick, efficient and very responsive to emails. John was very knowledgeable and helpful. The pool is very nice-looking. I like the family time that we can have in and around the pool.

We had seen a couple of advertisements and a few people in our neighborhood had used Anthony & Sylvan. My husband started doing his research and he felt very comfortable with them. He also liked their product and their customer service. Our sales rep Brian was very forthcoming and gave us all the information. He was very helpful and patient with my husband because my husband was not completely convinced that he should do it. Everybody was very professional. We were very lucky with the weather and scheduling, so whenever they were able to schedule us to something, they were here. They did what they had to do and cleaned up and were out of here on time.

We found seven different vendors and we chose Anthony and Sylvan because of their customer service, the quality, their price and also based on what we had heard from other reviews. I have a free form pool with spa built by them and we are very happy about it. There are lights and patio decking that went with it, the placement and a shelf. Its features really fit our needs. The project manager and his scheduling team were very responsive and considerate. Everything was done on time. I'm grateful to the gentleman that oversaw the pool construction. He found things that we didn't even know that needed to be corrected. We really felt like he went over and above finding those issues during the inspections. We really appreciate this especially since we're a novice in this area in understanding what needs to be done and that it was being done right too.

We went with Anthony & Sylvan because of their lifetime warranty. The project manager was very good. The free-form pool and the patio is perfect.

We've bought the house new and intended to put a pool in from that point. We've wanted a pool for about 3 years and went with Anthony & Sylvan to construct it because they have a good reputation. I had a pool in Texas before I married my wife and had considered Anthony & Sylvan at that time but went with somebody else and then I didn’t have the greatest of experiences. Also, Anthony & Sylvan has the nationwide support so we could get better customer service.

We worked with Don, who was our project manager, since the first meeting with the design consultant at our house prior to excavation. The experience was really good and Don was very communicative, had always responded to our emails or texted quickly or showed up at the site, and would always send the report of those site visits so we'd know what was going on. We were at a unique situation such that we were not at the location permanently yet, and so my wife wasn't able to be there during some of the construction. But again, we were kept in contact and they let us know where we were at in the process and able to keep our schedule so that we were there when we needed to be there.

Our pool is geometric with no spa and the design was able to adapt to the shape of the backyard. I like the overall look that we were able to achieve, especially the clean lines. It was pretty finished up in November so we haven't had a chance to get into it yet but we're looking forward to using it when the weather gets warmer and having the extra outdoor living space where we can cool off when the weather gets hot. Right now, we're enjoying the outdoor space more in the backyard and how it tied to the house.

Anthony & Sylvan's bids were good compared to everywhere else I had come out and they had a good vibe when it comes to customer satisfaction. Our project manager was awesome. He had to switch for a little bit, but when he came back, he emailed me every day if he or I had an issue. We talked all the time. I'm a general contractor’s kid, so I was probably inspecting them more than him, but he was great. The scheduling turned out really well. The only issue we had was a little bit of miscommunication on certain things. The startup could’ve also been a little better, but other than that, everything was good. The pool is free-form, which has a 9-foot beach, a 13-foot bench in the deep end, and a 6-foot waterfall. It has Pebble Sheen, pool decking, and LED colored lights. The tile turned out really good.

Vince from Anthony & Sylvan was our project manager and he was good to work with. He was easy to communicate if we had any questions. We really like how the final finish of the interior of the pool turned out. However, after the final concrete was put on, we left the pool for a few days because we were instructed to and now there are some stains in the bottom of the pool which I can't get rid of. I'm curious if they'd still be there when the season breaks for us and we reopen the pool.

We got from them a free-form pool with a spa. We've had one before so it was time to do it again. We also have two boys that we figured would enjoy it. I'm looking forward to summer and spending a lot of time outside. When it gets as hot as it does here in Friendswood or Houston area, it's nice to jump into the pool and enjoy time at home.

With the scheduling team, everything was down on the line, but the scheduler responded quickly and things went well. On the other hand, it seemed like the project manager was busy with quite a few other pools. I know he was supposed to have some checking points to verify that things were being done properly, but at times, I felt like I was keeping him informed of what was going on because stuff get scheduled and no one’s ever showing up. I didn’t see the project manager as much as I thought I would but I'm satisfied with him overall. Anthony & Sylvan have been around a long time and they are people I'd definitely recommend.

We bought a free-form pool with a spa. Aside from the size, we chose Anthony & Sylvan because of expectations that they would be able to follow through with building the pool and they'll be around for the next couple of years. I've had several interactions with their team and they were all positive. The project manager was excellent to work with. He kept us informed with what was going on and did what he said he was gonna do. Their sales guy was very confident, too. The pool makes the backyard a nice place and we don’t have to go far to get to it. I look forward to the entertainment of having the pool.

I've wanted a pool for a year and I went with Anthony & Sylvan to build it because they've been in business for so long. My pool is free-form with spa and I like everything about it especially the design and finish. I had really good interactions with their team. The person in charge who was assigned for everything was Tim and he really made the whole project a breeze. He answered on the same day every time I called, was really on the top of everything, and has been really great. I'm now looking forward to summer with the kids and enjoying leisure in the weekend. For sure, I would recommend them.

We've had pools in the past and we decided that we would like another one. We had three companies come out to our house to draw up plans and give us estimates. We picked the one that we thought would do the best job and gave us the best design and prices. Our original designer was very efficient, thorough, and answered our questions, and the project manager went way out of his way to make sure we were happy. Every single person we dealt with at Anthony & Sylvan was excellent, friendly and helpful.

The pool's rectangular and has a fantastic side spa on it that fits eight people. It has colored lights and goes from three feet to six. It's a perfect size, and it's what we wanted. But my husband and I's favorite part of the pool is the spa. We didn't realize how much we were going to enjoy it. It is also going to do salt water but we haven't turned on that part yet because it was completed at the end of last year, but we will this spring. And we are going to have family over, sit back and not have to go anywhere and just enjoy the pool.

I made up my mind up to get a new pool a couple months. I viewed several contractors and I liked Anthony & Sylvan the best. I found them in the phonebook and tried them. I have a simple rectangular pool and my wife loves it.

We've wanted a new pool for three years since we bought the house. I did my online research and went by with Anthony & Sylvan which had better reviews. I thought at that point, going with a national chain would have been wise. There wouldn't be having someone to chase down and there will always be someone to answer my calls. When I had any questions or concerns, someone got back to me whether it'd be the salesman or the project manager.

I have a salt water pool which is like a kidney-shaped spa with a little water feature which is cool. We also did some mosaics and though I don't know why those aren't pushed harder, it made the pool really cool especially for kids. And it will be good when it's hot. Also, there's the elevation on the back side of our pool which is really neat. There's two and they act like benches which are within the pool. Everything went fast. I look forward to using it for the staycation in the backyard in the summer.

I've always had a pool so I got one from Anthony & Sylvan when I moved into my home a year ago. I got a free form one and I love everything about it - the spa, the finish that was done on it, and the shape. Every single person I dealt with - from the minute they came to the house, to the sales people, all the way through the booking of everything and the project manager - were all incredible and explained everything to me each step. There were different people that I had to deal with from the breaking of the ground, to the plaster, to the plumbing and they were right on target with everyone. They showed up whenever they said they were gonna come. Everything was great.

We got a free-form Anthony & Sylvan pool. We actually built it for saltwater but at the last minute converted it to chlorine. But it has a 3-foot rock wall along the entire backside which was like a tiered rock wall with stacked stone wall that has a waterfall that comes out from it. I love the plaster and the stone and tile selection. But the wall is definitely our favorite.

As far as scheduling, they were very on top of things. They're always calling to let us know who was coming out and if there were rain delays. They were constantly keeping us updated. This was a really tough weather. We had a lot of rains, so I was shocked at how well they did in keeping up with all of the shuffling that they needed to do and making contacts. Our project manager was fabulous. If it wasn’t for him, I think this could’ve been ugly. He did such a great job of keeping everything together, making sure that the subcontractors that were here knew exactly what was to be done because my husband is very specific about how he wanted the wall done and the stone that was to be used.

And since they were going through our neighbor’s property to access the yard, he did a great job managing expectations of our neighbors, our expectations, and then making sure that the crew knew exactly how things were supposed to be done and what was not supposed to be done. The kids are so excited with the pool and I'm looking forward to just relaxing and de-stressing in it.

Back in 2004, we built a house and we wanted to hire Anthony & Sylvan to do a pool. We started the contractual process but then had to stop it because we ended up relocating. So when we came back to Pennsylvania and we were able to finally get a pool, we wanted to go back to them because the experience the first time was fantastic. We got a free-form pool with a spa. I love the shape of it. In fact, we designed the shape with them. We like the LED lighting and we love the saltwater. It is phenomenal. We would not do it any other way. It's beautiful and a great pool to have. We did a darker colored plaster, so it looks phenomenal in the sunlight. And then we did the decking, so we poured stamped concrete decking around it.

After we signed the contract and we got to the construction point, Anthony & Sylvan did all the legwork for us. They took care of the permitting process and pool design, and once we approved everything, they submitted it to the township for approval. When it's time to start doing the construction, we dealt with one specific project manager the whole way and he was phenomenal. Even if we didn't use Anthony & Sylvan for the decking, he took time out on a Saturday to come out and make sure that we tied it properly into the coping etc.

We have an eight-year-old son and I grew up with a concrete pool when I was a child, so we're looking forward to opening up and having a pool season this year. I love the spa feature that we built into the pool. Previously, we were going to build it separate of the pool but through the recommendation of Anthony & Sylvan which they said, for the extra cost to build it outside of the pool and have separate plumbing, most people once they do that they don't use it as much as they thought and they end up wasting money. So they were very good along the whole process.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Company Profile