toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I looked at the reviews and read the testimonials of Anthony & Sylvan online and that's how I decided to choose them. I talked to the project manager and scheduling team frequently which was definitely a good experience. My pool is peanut shape, heated and has a spa, and I look forward to utilizing it once the weather warms up. I would definitely refer Anthony & Sylvan to a friend.

It's been forever since I wanted a pool and some friends of ours recommended Anthony & Sylvan. We had a free-form pool installed by them last year close to winter. They were all very prompt and everything went really smooth. I'm living in Central Texas and it will be a relief to get in the pool on an August afternoon.

A neighbor recommended Anthony & Sylvan. The staff was wonderful, quick, efficient and very responsive to emails. John was very knowledgeable and helpful. The pool is very nice-looking. I like the family time that we can have in and around the pool.

We had seen a couple of advertisements and a few people in our neighborhood had used Anthony & Sylvan. My husband started doing his research and he felt very comfortable with them. He also liked their product and their customer service. Our sales rep Brian was very forthcoming and gave us all the information. He was very helpful and patient with my husband because my husband was not completely convinced that he should do it. Everybody was very professional. We were very lucky with the weather and scheduling, so whenever they were able to schedule us to something, they were here. They did what they had to do and cleaned up and were out of here on time.

We found seven different vendors and we chose Anthony and Sylvan because of their customer service, the quality, their price and also based on what we had heard from other reviews. I have a free form pool with spa built by them and we are very happy about it. There are lights and patio decking that went with it, the placement and a shelf. Its features really fit our needs. The project manager and his scheduling team were very responsive and considerate. Everything was done on time. I'm grateful to the gentleman that oversaw the pool construction. He found things that we didn't even know that needed to be corrected. We really felt like he went over and above finding those issues during the inspections. We really appreciate this especially since we're a novice in this area in understanding what needs to be done and that it was being done right too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

We went with Anthony & Sylvan because of their lifetime warranty. The project manager was very good. The free-form pool and the patio is perfect.

We've bought the house new and intended to put a pool in from that point. We've wanted a pool for about 3 years and went with Anthony & Sylvan to construct it because they have a good reputation. I had a pool in Texas before I married my wife and had considered Anthony & Sylvan at that time but went with somebody else and then I didn’t have the greatest of experiences. Also, Anthony & Sylvan has the nationwide support so we could get better customer service.

We worked with Don, who was our project manager, since the first meeting with the design consultant at our house prior to excavation. The experience was really good and Don was very communicative, had always responded to our emails or texted quickly or showed up at the site, and would always send the report of those site visits so we'd know what was going on. We were at a unique situation such that we were not at the location permanently yet, and so my wife wasn't able to be there during some of the construction. But again, we were kept in contact and they let us know where we were at in the process and able to keep our schedule so that we were there when we needed to be there.

Our pool is geometric with no spa and the design was able to adapt to the shape of the backyard. I like the overall look that we were able to achieve, especially the clean lines. It was pretty finished up in November so we haven't had a chance to get into it yet but we're looking forward to using it when the weather gets warmer and having the extra outdoor living space where we can cool off when the weather gets hot. Right now, we're enjoying the outdoor space more in the backyard and how it tied to the house.

Anthony & Sylvan's bids were good compared to everywhere else I had come out and they had a good vibe when it comes to customer satisfaction. Our project manager was awesome. He had to switch for a little bit, but when he came back, he emailed me every day if he or I had an issue. We talked all the time. I'm a general contractor’s kid, so I was probably inspecting them more than him, but he was great. The scheduling turned out really well. The only issue we had was a little bit of miscommunication on certain things. The startup could’ve also been a little better, but other than that, everything was good. The pool is free-form, which has a 9-foot beach, a 13-foot bench in the deep end, and a 6-foot waterfall. It has Pebble Sheen, pool decking, and LED colored lights. The tile turned out really good.

Vince from Anthony & Sylvan was our project manager and he was good to work with. He was easy to communicate if we had any questions. We really like how the final finish of the interior of the pool turned out. However, after the final concrete was put on, we left the pool for a few days because we were instructed to and now there are some stains in the bottom of the pool which I can't get rid of. I'm curious if they'd still be there when the season breaks for us and we reopen the pool.

We got from them a free-form pool with a spa. We've had one before so it was time to do it again. We also have two boys that we figured would enjoy it. I'm looking forward to summer and spending a lot of time outside. When it gets as hot as it does here in Friendswood or Houston area, it's nice to jump into the pool and enjoy time at home.

With the scheduling team, everything was down on the line, but the scheduler responded quickly and things went well. On the other hand, it seemed like the project manager was busy with quite a few other pools. I know he was supposed to have some checking points to verify that things were being done properly, but at times, I felt like I was keeping him informed of what was going on because stuff get scheduled and no one’s ever showing up. I didn’t see the project manager as much as I thought I would but I'm satisfied with him overall. Anthony & Sylvan have been around a long time and they are people I'd definitely recommend.

We bought a free-form pool with a spa. Aside from the size, we chose Anthony & Sylvan because of expectations that they would be able to follow through with building the pool and they'll be around for the next couple of years. I've had several interactions with their team and they were all positive. The project manager was excellent to work with. He kept us informed with what was going on and did what he said he was gonna do. Their sales guy was very confident, too. The pool makes the backyard a nice place and we don’t have to go far to get to it. I look forward to the entertainment of having the pool.

I've wanted a pool for a year and I went with Anthony & Sylvan to build it because they've been in business for so long. My pool is free-form with spa and I like everything about it especially the design and finish. I had really good interactions with their team. The person in charge who was assigned for everything was Tim and he really made the whole project a breeze. He answered on the same day every time I called, was really on the top of everything, and has been really great. I'm now looking forward to summer with the kids and enjoying leisure in the weekend. For sure, I would recommend them.

We've had pools in the past and we decided that we would like another one. We had three companies come out to our house to draw up plans and give us estimates. We picked the one that we thought would do the best job and gave us the best design and prices. Our original designer was very efficient, thorough, and answered our questions, and the project manager went way out of his way to make sure we were happy. Every single person we dealt with at Anthony & Sylvan was excellent, friendly and helpful.

The pool's rectangular and has a fantastic side spa on it that fits eight people. It has colored lights and goes from three feet to six. It's a perfect size, and it's what we wanted. But my husband and I's favorite part of the pool is the spa. We didn't realize how much we were going to enjoy it. It is also going to do salt water but we haven't turned on that part yet because it was completed at the end of last year, but we will this spring. And we are going to have family over, sit back and not have to go anywhere and just enjoy the pool.

I made up my mind up to get a new pool a couple months. I viewed several contractors and I liked Anthony & Sylvan the best. I found them in the phonebook and tried them. I have a simple rectangular pool and my wife loves it.

We've wanted a new pool for three years since we bought the house. I did my online research and went by with Anthony & Sylvan which had better reviews. I thought at that point, going with a national chain would have been wise. There wouldn't be having someone to chase down and there will always be someone to answer my calls. When I had any questions or concerns, someone got back to me whether it'd be the salesman or the project manager.

I have a salt water pool which is like a kidney-shaped spa with a little water feature which is cool. We also did some mosaics and though I don't know why those aren't pushed harder, it made the pool really cool especially for kids. And it will be good when it's hot. Also, there's the elevation on the back side of our pool which is really neat. There's two and they act like benches which are within the pool. Everything went fast. I look forward to using it for the staycation in the backyard in the summer.

I've always had a pool so I got one from Anthony & Sylvan when I moved into my home a year ago. I got a free form one and I love everything about it - the spa, the finish that was done on it, and the shape. Every single person I dealt with - from the minute they came to the house, to the sales people, all the way through the booking of everything and the project manager - were all incredible and explained everything to me each step. There were different people that I had to deal with from the breaking of the ground, to the plaster, to the plumbing and they were right on target with everyone. They showed up whenever they said they were gonna come. Everything was great.

We got a free-form Anthony & Sylvan pool. We actually built it for saltwater but at the last minute converted it to chlorine. But it has a 3-foot rock wall along the entire backside which was like a tiered rock wall with stacked stone wall that has a waterfall that comes out from it. I love the plaster and the stone and tile selection. But the wall is definitely our favorite.

As far as scheduling, they were very on top of things. They're always calling to let us know who was coming out and if there were rain delays. They were constantly keeping us updated. This was a really tough weather. We had a lot of rains, so I was shocked at how well they did in keeping up with all of the shuffling that they needed to do and making contacts. Our project manager was fabulous. If it wasn’t for him, I think this could’ve been ugly. He did such a great job of keeping everything together, making sure that the subcontractors that were here knew exactly what was to be done because my husband is very specific about how he wanted the wall done and the stone that was to be used.

And since they were going through our neighbor’s property to access the yard, he did a great job managing expectations of our neighbors, our expectations, and then making sure that the crew knew exactly how things were supposed to be done and what was not supposed to be done. The kids are so excited with the pool and I'm looking forward to just relaxing and de-stressing in it.

Back in 2004, we built a house and we wanted to hire Anthony & Sylvan to do a pool. We started the contractual process but then had to stop it because we ended up relocating. So when we came back to Pennsylvania and we were able to finally get a pool, we wanted to go back to them because the experience the first time was fantastic. We got a free-form pool with a spa. I love the shape of it. In fact, we designed the shape with them. We like the LED lighting and we love the saltwater. It is phenomenal. We would not do it any other way. It's beautiful and a great pool to have. We did a darker colored plaster, so it looks phenomenal in the sunlight. And then we did the decking, so we poured stamped concrete decking around it.

After we signed the contract and we got to the construction point, Anthony & Sylvan did all the legwork for us. They took care of the permitting process and pool design, and once we approved everything, they submitted it to the township for approval. When it's time to start doing the construction, we dealt with one specific project manager the whole way and he was phenomenal. Even if we didn't use Anthony & Sylvan for the decking, he took time out on a Saturday to come out and make sure that we tied it properly into the coping etc.

We have an eight-year-old son and I grew up with a concrete pool when I was a child, so we're looking forward to opening up and having a pool season this year. I love the spa feature that we built into the pool. Previously, we were going to build it separate of the pool but through the recommendation of Anthony & Sylvan which they said, for the extra cost to build it outside of the pool and have separate plumbing, most people once they do that they don't use it as much as they thought and they end up wasting money. So they were very good along the whole process.

We had our pool tile and the coping remodeled by Anthony & Sylvan and it was gorgeous. However, they were a little rough with dropping something in the pool and scratched it everywhere. My consultant came back and looked at it, then he took pictures. He was supposed to get me some pool paint and he never did. But, I love swimming in it.

I've wanted a pool for years, and so we got one with a spa from Anthony & Sylvan. I like it and I look forward to my kids enjoying themselves with it. The project manager and scheduling team were pretty cool and everybody was nice. I'd recommend them to a friend.

Some friends of ours had a couple of pools built by Anthony & Sylvan. We've checked around and we felt more comfortable with them because of their warranty, length of time in business, and their size. We got a 5 feet deep rectangle pool with a small deck on the front of it, which they call a splash deck, for the little grandkids. It has one water feature on a wall on the back with a flat fountain coming out of it, and a couple of bubblers that’s on that little ledge they call splash ledge. We've really not gotten use to it yet because when it got finished, it turned cold about three days later. But we like it because it's out there for the grandkids to come use it and it's what we were looking for. I'm looking forward to see my grandkids to get in there and play because they love a pool.

The project manager was excellent. Any time I asked him a question, he was always going on the spot to give me an answer back. He'd call and check on things with us and give us an update. He'd email his updates, pictures of what was going on, and he was always very informative and very professional. And the scheduler, she always made sure we knew what was coming up, sending us emails, keeping us up to date. And if there was any questions, she would email me right back. So it was seamless.

I've wanted a pool for 20 years and Anthony & Sylvan were the most thorough and their presentation and prices were the best. My pool is a 17 by 33, has a spa, free-form but symmetrical pool. It's a rectangular pool, not saltwater, and has an ozonator. I love the spa and that it's heated. Also, the kids and I love the lights. All my interactions with both the sales team and project manager have been phenomenal. They are prompt to respond to any issues that I have and they've had great communication with me so far so I have no issues at all. Everything has been great with them and I've already recommended them to a friend.

I've wanted a pool for a long time but the law did not allow me to do that where we lived. So I moved and this particular location where I live had a pool but it was a liner pool. We had to totally start over. I researched on the internet and Anthony & Sylvan's reviews appeared to be top-notch. And for something that I'm gonna spend that kind of money on, I wanted to make sure I had a quality pool company that stood behind what they built and offered. I give the top rate kudos to Patty, the project manager. She was very articulate and did a phenomenal job. Anthony & Sylvan should be happy they have her. She interacts with us customers and is making sure that the next step, if it's rain, she's gonna be on it to say, “this is why, this is where you are in the schedule and this is what I'm trying to do.” She treats people the way she wants to be treated. I truly appreciate Patty.

They call the pool a double style and it's beautiful. They did a great job. I have the tanning shelf and it has a place for two umbrellas on it and it's a saltwater pool. We love the pool. I like the easy maintenance of it. And we decided for one that was no more than 5 foot deep which I like so that it's deep and long enough to enjoy quality laps but I don’t have to worry if I get tired. I like the ability to go out there and use it for exercise purposes. I'm a retired senior and my husband is as well. And that was the reason we really wanted to go after a pool. Not only just to have fun with friends but more for the aspect of our own health. I've already recommended Anthony & Sylvan to several people.

Our pool was built in 1983 by Sylvan before Anthony joined with Sylvan. I actually got half a dozen estimates before I elected to go with Anthony because I figured they were the safest and their price was pretty competitive. Their design consultant always returned my calls whenever I had a question about something because I always have questions that I would like answered once the salesman leaves, and he was very quick to respond. After the renovation, the pool looked like how it did when it was new. Our three children are now out of the house but they have a bunch of grandchildren, and everybody really enjoys the pool when they come over.

We wanted to upgrade our 20-year-old pool and get something fresher since its tiles aren't around anymore. I called three different companies, but Anthony & Sylvan gave me the best price, and I liked the fellow that I dealt with. He showed us a lot of pictures of different things that we liked. We called them and he got back to us again and gave us some ideas. He knew what he was talking about and did a good job. Then their staff showed up and did what they were supposed to do. They finished the pool and it looked terrific but we had to close it for the winter. So I'm hoping, when we open it in the spring, it'll be very nice. It was a pleasant experience with Anthony & Sylvan.

Anthony & Sylvan did my pool and spa renovation. The consultant came out to give the estimate and a pamphlet to choose our tile and he was helpful with the planning of it all. He was very pleasant and I was very satisfied with him. Also, the scheduling team was fabulous. Someone would call the night before and let me know what was going to be done and when they would be showing up. Everything that they've said went exactly as they told me. My pool looks brand new and the water is nice and blue. The tile is a beautiful color and I love it. They were a great company and they did a wonderful job. I'm a tough person to satisfy, and they did it. I also want to get some plumbing work done and will have them come back. I was so happy with them.

I've wanted a pool for four years and my landscape contractor recommended Anthony & Sylvan. I had them install a simple free-form pool and it has a sun shelf. I had several interactions with the project manager, as well as the scheduling team, which was all through email, and everyone was very polite. The only thing was I felt like I needed to stay on top of the project myself to make sure things kept moving along. But all in all, I like the lighting in the pool and the overall aesthetics. So far, it's been easy to take care of too. I also enjoy our family time there and entertaining there.

Anthony & Sylvan is a local company and we chose them for our new pool because they had the cheapest quote and we were also happy with the sales guy. Their project manager and scheduling team were great too. They were very friendly, confident and informed. They were very proactive and kept us abreast with everything. We got a free-form pool and it has a spa. I love my tanning ledge, the spa and the pool's size and shape. We also enjoy the convenience of being able to have the pool for ourselves, entertaining, and spending time with the children. We're in Pennsylvania so we only do it in the summer.

I had an above ground pool in the last seven years before I had to replace it. And I've wanted an in-ground pool for a long time. I grew up with an in-ground pool at my grandparents' house. Anthony & Sylvan did a concrete, kidney-shaped pool. It has a sun deck, a low end and a deep end, and a diving board. And it looks awesome. I like having the deep end. My project manager was awesome. He's the only reason why I think my pool got completed, and he was the one who fixed any issues that I had except for one that we're still working on resolving. Also the scheduling team were prompt on getting everything completed. I like cooling off in the pool in the hot summer days.

My aunt also has a pool down in North Carolina, and she has a saltwater pool. My coworker, when he bought his Anthony & Sylvan pool 10 years ago, initially got chlorine and just converted his to saltwater. And I was very adamant about getting in a saltwater pool. I didn't know that the salesman didn't put that in the contract. From the very get-go, I was talking about getting a saltwater pool. My project manager stopped by whenever they were placing the pool to see how everything was going, and we were talking about starting up the saltwater in the spring. And at that time, he told me that I'm not set up for saltwater. I'm trying to get this issue resolved on what I got to do to make my pool a saltwater pool.

Anthony & Sylvan's presentation and what they proposed were better than the four other people that we interviewed. We were in constant contact nightly with the project manager via text or email of what was coming next, and they were always out here double-checking because we had just moved into our home. The pool has a water feature and it is free-form. It looks great. It has a great finish on it, which they recommended. And they did an outstanding job with the tile and coping.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Company Profile