Call toll free
3.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a premier builder of inground concrete and fiberglass swimming pools. Since 1946, we have designed and installed more than 370,000 pools for home owners all across the nation. Our pools are easy to maintain and built for life. With additions such as vanishing edges, raised spas and rock waterfalls your pool is an oasis in your backyard.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Gallery (9)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Anthony & Sylvan builds, renovates and maintains custom pools. With tons of features to choose from, most customers should be able to design their ideal pool with Anthony & Sylvan.

PROS

• Accessibility and safety features
  • Complete customization available
  • Lifetime warranty available

CONS

• Retail stores not widely available

Top Anthony & Sylvan Pools Reviews

06/12/2019

We've been with Anthony & Sylvan since 1994. They've always been responsive and they don't make it a habit of trying to sell you something you don't need. So, that's much appreciated. I would recommend them.

06/12/2019

Anthony & Sylvan installed our pool some years ago. I've gone around to a number of different pool service providers and [came] back to them. I like Anthony & Sylvan's service guys, [they] explain what’s going on, what they’re doing, and tell me if I needed to work on something.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a professional in-ground swimming pool company that builds, renovates and maintains pools with a variety of styles, features and options.

FeatureOptions
Pool typesChlorine, saltwater
Pool finishesConcrete, fiberglass
Pool designsGeometric, modern, freeform, beach entry (aka zero entry), custom design
OptionsTile and mosaics, coping, decking, lighting, fencing
FeaturesWater features, vanishing edges, sunken barbeque pits, beach entries, raised spas with spillways
Safety and AccessibilityKid-friendly pool customizations, handicap accessibility
EquipmentAutomatic controls, pool cleaning systems, pumps and filters, water purifiers, heaters, safety covers

Environmentally responsible pools

Anthony & Sylvan use environmentally-friendly designs, products and systems that are safe for both you and the environment. Special features include high-efficiency pumps, LED lighting and intelligent filtration systems, with saltwater systems that can purify water even when the filter pump isn’t active. The Zodiac Nature2 Fusion In-ground and the Del Ozone Eclipse Ozonator reduce the need for harsh chemicals and eliminate bacteria by up to 90%, naturally.

Handicap accessible pools

Customize your pool with handicap-accessible options including lifts, ramps and walk-in pools (also referred to as beach access pools), so everyone in your family can enjoy the pool or spa safely.

Kid-friendly pools

Anthony & Sylvan can make sure your pool is a fun, safe addition to your home by adding-on safety features including non-slip decking, fencing, gates, covers and barricades to prevent accidents and limit access when you’re not able to supervise.

Anthony & Sylvan pool prices

Because Anthony & Sylvan offers so much customization with their pools, you’ll need to contact the company directly for an exact quote. However, they do have a general price guide that provides a range of $45,000 or under for something basic, to $100,000 and up for a more complex, customized pool.

Anthony & Sylvan pool services

Anthony & Sylvan can help maintain your pool once it’s installed. There’s a simple, easy-access scheduling tool online to book your services, or you can elect to purchase packages to receive regularly scheduled pool maintenance.

Anthony & Sylvan can help with the following services:

• Opening and closing
  • Cleaning
  • Equipment repair
  • Warranty service
  • Water testing

Packages are available for regular maintenance in the categories of pool opening and closing, chemical packages and winter watch services. You can also buy closing kits and start-up kits.

Anthony & Sylvan Pool supplies

You can buy pool supplies, equipment, chemicals and accessories online or in-person at Anthony & Sylvan retail stores located in the mid-Atlantic region — specifically Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Do we recommend Anthony & Sylvan pools?

Anthony & Sylvan pools offer customers several options when it comes to designing the perfect pool. If you are looking for a more extravagant experience, we think Anthony & Sylvan have great features and add-ons for a wholly customized pool experience. What really makes them stand out to us is their dedication to accessibility, safety and their environmentally conscious options.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Reviews

Original review: June 25, 2019

When we bought the house, the previous owner used Anthony & Sylvan for the lights for the duration of the pool. The owner was strict with his pool and he wanted to see it clean all the time. They explained to me that they had tried to take a couple of different routes throughout the years and they regretted it. They recommended Anthony & Sylvan so that we didn't have any regrets. This is my first year owning a pool. Anthony & Sylvan closed it last and they opened it this year. They've done a lot more than just lights. A lot of my friends told me they could find someone a lot cheaper for me. But that really didn't matter because I wanted a proper job done. All our interactions over the phone with Anthony & Sylvan were very professional and very courteous. Their secretary was very polite. She returned my phone calls immediately which I really liked. I was working when the pool guys came but did their thing.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2019

When I had decided that we were gonna get a pool, I googled throughout the area. I live in a rural area, so there isn't very much to choose from. But I chose Anthony and Sylvan because they seem to have been in business the longest. They installed my pool. They also open it and close it for me. Recently, my favorite thing about them is they saved me a lot of money. They offered a program where I can open and close my pool for less than it would normally cost. They charged me a one-time fee for opening and closing. Normally, I would pay to open and then in the fall, I would pay to close it. That was more money. The only thing is one of the technicians who opens the pool is an older gentleman with a very thick accent. I can't understand what he says.

Overall, I don't have a problem with Anthony & Sylvan per se but I had a problem with one of the contractors that they used. They are a paving company called Concrete Masters. This is my third season with the pool. We have a fire pit that has a bunch of cracks in it from the get-go and different pavers that need to be fixed. I had their guy Silvio out here in the spring. He said they were gonna do this and that. That was on a Monday. He said they were gonna be back on Friday but they never came. I never heard from him all summer. My fire pit and the other issues are still not fixed.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I searched for different companies in my area and called a couple of companies to sit down with and have a conversation about products that are offered as well as pricing. Some feedback from other customers also helped clear my decision to do business with Anthony & Sylvan. They built my pool. They also closed my pool and opened it in the spring.

Working with Anthony & Sylvan, I like the ease of scheduling. I work with Frank who is the point person for the project. He was always reachable. If I left a message, he was quick to get back to me, answered questions that I had, and showed me information. He walked me through the process with the material so I could feel comfortable not having any prior knowledge of the pool system. He gave me information and I learned as I went.

My overall experience is great. I had one negative piece where there was misunderstanding and miscommunication with the concrete that incurred an additional cost to myself. I have right now a step that’s not quite correct with the concrete. But I’m not gonna allow that to overshadow my whole experience and the whole project of the pool. I know it’s a large undertaking to get all those working pieces in place.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Anthony & Sylvan has good service. We moved into our home in 2015. It had a pool and I didn’t know anything about how to take care of pools. So, I looked into Yellow Pages for one of the nearest branches of pool care and Anthony & Sylvan was there. I gave them a call and we've had this relationship ever since. I use them for opening and closing the pool. Anthony & Sylvan has good retention of staffs, so I see the same people year after year. It developed a good communication and good customer-contractor relationship there.

The service guys do great work and describe their work step by step to me so I know what they're doing. Also, over the phone to schedule, the reps are very accommodating to my schedule and time availability. The service guys show up within the prescribed time that they promised. They take their time. They don’t rush through it. If they see any kind of issue or problem, they expedite then and there, which is nice. They don’t reschedule the service call. So, it's a good service. This year, they opened the pool season and there was just a small issue with the heater that turned on and turned off. We opened it up and there was a snake in there, and the service guy didn’t freak out. He kinda scared the snake away, which was non-poisonous. I highly recommend Anthony & Sylvan.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Anthony & Sylvan installed our pool some years ago. And I’ve gone around to a number of different pool service providers and had to even come back to them. I’ve used Anthony & Sylvan for opening and closing, and I’ve moved up to even using the VIP service, which is weekly. I’ve had interaction with the office in Northern Virginia and I used to take my samples up to them and test them, and they gave me all the information in reference to what I needed to accomplish in adjusting my water balances. But right now, with the VIP service, they come out and do it on a weekly basis. I like Anthony & Sylvan's service guys. They’re willing to explain what’s going on, they’re willing to say what they’re doing, and they’re willing to tell me if I needed to work on something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Anthony and Sylvan Pools did a fine job. They did what they were supposed to do for me for a pool closing.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

TLDR: At no stage was this project handled professionally, nor was work completed in a timely or satisfactory manner. I would strongly caution you to consider selecting another builder, most notably because Anthony & Sylvan will work not to finish your project correctly, but simply to shut you up. This project was riddled with problems (detailed above) and at no point were we made to feel like Anthony & Sylvan cared.

As of the writing of this review, we are down to fixing the height of the deck drains and fixing the landscaping. I'm confident there will be future issues, but time will tell. I've requested a 10% refund due to the 100+ hours of personal time I've invested in this project that I shouldn't have had to. Out of a $69,000 (roughly) project, I think at minimum $6,900 refund would be reasonable. The stress this entire project caused has been staggering. My full review was too long for Yelp and Google. Full review here: **.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Subs were messy and unreliable as expected. Cracked the neighbor's driveway with their Bobcat. Kool Deck has 7 hairline cracks on the surface. Anthony Sylvan said that they do not warranty the cracks unless you can fit a quarter in it. I contacted Kool Deck and they said this is not normal.

Hello George,

Thank you very much for sharing these concerns with us and we're so sorry to hear this. We have located your account, and will be reaching out to you shortly. I look forward to working with you to better understand your experience and to try to find a positive resolution to your concerns.

Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

They all use subcontractors who don't give a darn what kind of work is done since Sylvan pays them nothing for the jobs. The excavator was more worried about his old 97 truck making it home than doing a good job digging, the electrician wanted an extra 500 cash to do the job correctly, my project mgr Sean is a complete joke. Never gets back, lies his tail off. My salesman Jarrod is another joke. After grabbing my check he disappears. This was nothing but a nightmare. Do not deal with these jacks. I probably was spoiled by having a pool built 20 years ago by Crystal Pools where the owner and the children did the work and really cared about what was built and the customers and they are still doing it with the grandkids working. Go with them. I beg you or Good 'ol don't be idiot like me and get sucked in by these liars from Sylvan. Please contact me anytime. I have video and picts of the lousy workmanship. ** Tom **

Hello Thomas,

Thank you very much for sharing these concerns with us and we're so sorry to hear this. To get started, please email customercare@anthonysylvan.com with the address associated with your account and the best phone number to be reached at. We look forward to working with you to better understand your experience and to try to find a positive resolution to your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

If I ran my company like they run theirs, I couldn’t even afford a pool. Worst working ethics ever! We waited months and months for the work to be completed but although they gave us dates again and again, they didn’t show up. An unoccupied construction site for months in front of our patio. Not only ugly but also extremely dangerous. What an ongoing nuisance.

Hello Alexandra,

Thank you very much for sharing these concerns with us and we're so sorry to hear this. To get started, please email customercare@anthonysylvan.com with the address associated with your account and the best phone number to be reached at. I look forward to working with you to better understand your experience and to try to find a positive resolution to your concerns.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Company Information