toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My dad told me about Anthony & Sylvan and we talked to several pool companies, and Anthony & Sylvan wasn’t the cheapest, but they weren’t the most expensive. They were in-between so we chose them. We spoke with David, their project manager, about every other day and he was always polite and got the job done right. Our pool made by them is free-form and it has a spa. We have a table built into the pool as well. We have a suntan ledge that’s 18 inches up above the pool with the waterfall coming out of that, as well as a fire pit that’s integrated into the pool. I personally really like the table. I can sit back, drink beers, and let the kids play in the pool and not bother me.

We had researched a couple of other pool companies and we liked how thorough Anthony & Sylvan were. They had a specialist to go in each department while some pool builders try to do it all. We met with their designer who specializes in designing and then we worked with the general contractors who oversee the pool building and then they had other people they recommended that they worked well with. So we used them because they were used to working together. I’ve had another friend go with them that also had a great experience, so that was the icing on the cake.

We had a very irregular backyard which at first we didn't even know if a pool would fit. So after changing the grade of the yard and getting it to where the pool could fit in there, it turned out to be the perfect spot. They built a chlorinated pool with a spa and they also helped us design a fireplace towards the back of it that is elevated up on a hill. It's a pretty scene and it was exciting to see the whole process come to life. They were able to personalize things. I have young children so it was important that I always have a place for shade in my pool and they sporadically put little spots where I could put an umbrella.

They were wonderful and I'd definitely recommend them. The project manager Ray was with us through the whole process. If he was here and I was away, he would always take pictures of the project and send it to me and let me know what he thought. There's a ton of communication and I always felt I could pick up the phone and call or email him with any questions. Then Patty, in scheduling, is like the brain behind everything. She does all the scheduling and manages all of these pools that they do. If one place cancels or has extra time, she would call and ask if they could come out that day.

One of my colleagues was under a construction with Anthony & Sylvan and he had nothing but good things to say about them. I also used them and they finished our pool construction in October. The project manager was awesome, and the scheduler was on top of everything and couldn't be more helpful. I love the look of the pool and the color couldn't have come better than what we picked out. We got a nice stone retaining wall in the back side of the pool for us. We have a nice patio, too. They poured the exposed aggregate for us so it looks great. We can't wait to get a pergola and a grill on it.

We moved here from Arizona in 2006 and we’ve always had pools out there so we’ve been wanting to get one since then. We had Anthony & Sylvan build a free-form pool for us. Our decking is Travertine Pavers and we have a nice tanning shelf with little bubbler. I like the shape that we picked with the benches in it and the tanning shelf. The tanning shelf is my favorite then the deck jets which are fun. Our Project Manager was a wonderful gentleman. He was happy, positive and provided good information. What he said was going to happen, happened. Our scheduler was communicative, polite and very prompt in getting back with us.

Anthony & Sylvan send flyers in through the mail for anything that needs to be renovated so I went with them. Since they installed the pool it’s the best choice to do. I had them replastered the pool because I probably would have had to redo it in another two years. We took care of everything at the same time. Our pool looks brand new and beautiful all over again. I would definitely recommend them to other people. Everyone was fantastic. The consultant came in, explained how the process would go, gave me my options on the reinstall of the coping and gave me a breakdown of how the payments process would go so everything went fairly smoothly. The team called the night before to make sure that I knew they were coming and if nobody was going to be home we left the area open for them and they took care of everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

Anthony & Sylvan was a referral from a friend who told me that they were good to deal with. Their project manager and scheduling team were very communicative and wanted to make sure that I was satisfied with the job. They did it on time and came in at budget. My pool is free-form and has a spa. I most look forward to the aesthetics of how it fits into the landscaping and the house.

Our general contractor recommended Anthony & Sylvan Pools so I gave the company a call and that’s how the ball got started. They did an outstanding job construction wise. These guys are very punctual and easy to work with. One or two small things popped up but they repaired it immediately. We love the pool. I've had one before but we never had one like this and never paid as much for a pool as I've had for this. It is absolutely beautiful. It has a very odd shape and two free-flowing waterfalls though we've only moved into our house since December 1st and it was 10 degrees here last night so we haven't had a chance to swim in it yet. But I look forward to the pool in the summertime because I have three grandkids so it's certainly available to them. It's very exciting. I highly recommend Anthony & Sylvan.

My wife and I were looking to get a pool and we got five different quotes from different companies. Then a lady my wife worked with recently got a pool put in by Anthony & Sylvan. She recommended to give Anthony & Sylvan a call, so we added them to the list of quotes. We narrowed it down to about three companies and we ended up working with Anthony & Sylvan because they had the best customer service and price. They were about $12,000 less than their competitor. Every time we asked Bryan, the guy whom we dealt with, he would get us an answer within 24 hours and he was there to help us throughout the process. He was very professional, articulate and to the point. He drew up a 3D sketch of what our plans were and what our vision was. He had a good vision and was willing to work with that and drew it up for us exactly how we wanted it. I’m glad it came out great.

They’ve been very responsive. Any questions we had, the Project Manager Wayne told us to feel free to call on his cell phone. It was a very joyful experience with Anthony & Sylvan Pools. They completed our entire project within about nine weeks so it was a lot faster than expected. We got the pool, spa and a fire pit combo in the back. We like the design of the pool and it fits perfect to our house.

We have been wanting a pool for the last couple of years and we decided to go ahead and call Anthony & Sylvan. They were also a referral from people that we know in our area who were having an Anthony & Sylvan pool built. And when Bill came out, it was a no-brainer. He was such a good salesman and a good guy. And with the special that was going on that time, we signed the contract that day. Everything was great with the scheduling team. Their rep would put it on their website and I would go and look and sure enough, they ran true to almost the exact day every time. The project manager was amazing, as well. Our pool is free-form and it's seven foot deep. It's a good size pool and it will be such a great entertainment for my grandkids during the summer. Also, we have a large family and we have people here all the time and just to watch them enjoy the pool would be the most fun for us.

We have always wanted to have a pool ever since we lived in this home. We had obtained a list of pool providers from our home's association, but the first one was another resident and I wasn't gonna go with a small company. The second number off that list is Anthony & Sylvan and I called them. We got a free-form pool with a raised spa from them. It has a beach entry with a promenade then step down into the pool which is great for my wife because she has a lot of orthopedic issues. It also has a nice sized waterfall with a weeping wall on each side and some fountains on the beach entry. They also installed a seating area on one end of the pool.

The work of the pool has been more than we had hoped. It transformed the look of our backyard and we're out there all the time now. It turned this big space into a usable living area. Also, the equipment package that was installed gives me a lot of automation in controlling the pool and it handles all my requirements. However, the disappointing episode in this pool was that we had a horrendous project manager. He wouldn't communicate well. But their scheduler, Michelle, took it upon herself to handle this and really made it work. She ensured that people were showing up and that my needs were met. She listened to my concerns and make sure they were covered.

Overall, there were no deficits in the installation of the pool because of Michelle. They worked very quickly and were always here when they said they were. Then if I had a problem, she handled it which I would have expected the project manager to do for me. I'm looking forward to the use of it as a grandkids' magnet especially that we had a little bit of time this summer.

I chose Anthony & Sylvan because they may not be the lowest price, but they have the best value. I interacted with their people quite frequently. We'd be on the phone with them when needed. We haven't been able to get into the pool yet because it turned cold as soon as we have it put in, but the hot tub and everything looks really good. Looking forward to getting in it and swimming and enjoying cooling off in the hot days.

Our neighbors next to us used Anthony & Sylvan for their pool and were quite happy with it so we agreed to meet with Anthony & Sylvan's salesperson, Bob. He listened to what our desire was and was very helpful with changes that would allow us to achieve our budget goal. He gave very creative solutions to the design of the pool including the layout of the Jacuzzi as well as the layout of the pool using papers rather than a concrete board. A lot of the credit to the design of the pool goes to Bob and we couldn't be happier with his critical recommendation.

The project manager was always very positive, very friendly, very helpful, and immediately responsive to any reports of any issues or questions that we sent thru text messages, voicemails or emails. We would get a response within the same day or within the same hour. And I couldn't be happier working with them as a team. They were very fast. This is our third pool and they completed building it in about half the time of our previous pools. But the quality didn't suffer. In fact, it was very well done. Our pool looks attractive. It is rectangular and has a spa. It was also relatively low-cost and worked as we expected without any flaws or problems. It exceeded our expectations. I look forward to being able to relax at home and we can have our own pool that's clean and as we would like it, whenever we want it. And my wife uses the Jacuzzi almost daily.

Anthony & Sylvan did our pool before when we lived in another location and we were happy with them. So, we called again and are happy with them this time. Our pool is kidney shaped, six-foot deep on the deep end and four and a half on the shallow end. It takes 10,500 gallons of water. I like the shape of it and the steps and approach. We had railings put in and they worked out really well. We had very good cooperation with the project manager. All the crews that worked were efficient. They didn't goof off and they ended up doing a good job.

I spoke to Anthony & Sylvan's salesman and I liked his ideas. He was newly hired by Anthony & Sylvan and he is the one who brought us to them. We got a free-form pool with a spa and I like the way it fits into the natural landscapes and other existing structures we have. However, the project manager is a poor communicator and never knew what was going on. I would recommend Anthony & Sylvan to a friend with the caveat of being careful with the project manager.

I've wanted a pool for 3 years now. So when someone in our community who used Anthony & Sylvan highly recommended them, we had them make our new pool. Our experience with them has been so much easier than I thought. Our project manager was available throughout. He was excellent, very responsive, and always called me back quickly, and answered a lot of questions I had. He helped me through a lot of the details of the process even though they lay it out very nicely into 10-12 steps process. Mark, the design consultant was a lot more upfront and he checked in once the work and the pool had started to take shape. Both of the project manager and Mark helped ensure that I was prepared. There's a lot of reading to do and Mark had all the great pictures in his book that visually told the story as like him verbalizing it.

But I didn't read the fine print in ordering the gate in time, so they warned me that it takes 6 to 10 weeks and to not wait to get the gate because they can't do their last step in the install. They can't put the plaster in if we don't have a fence up since it's the law in our county. Now, we have a 700-square-feet freeform pool with a tanning ledge, a spa, and a waterfall. It's got room for a basketball hoop in the concrete so the kids have their fun, but away from the tanning shelf and the spa area where the adults are in so that everybody gets their fun.

My husband's family, when he was a kid, had Anthony & Sylvan install their pool. My neighbor and a couple had recommended them too. We had them do a free-form pool with a diving board, a sunbathing deck where it has about five to eight inches of water where I can lie down, and a few benches off the deep end. It's a very large pool with a size of 44x30. The scheduling was done very promptly by phone calls or emails. The project manager was always calling or emailing me. He was very good at responding when I had to make phone calls if I had questions or things that might need change. The process went smoothly and nice.

I like how beautiful the pool looks in the backyard and I also like the space because we have big families and lots of friends with children. I'm looking forward to cooling off in the summer, being entertained, and having friends and family over or making family memories. We recommended Anthony & Sylvan to another couple who, I believe, signed a contract with them as well.

Anthony & Sylvan renovated our 14-year old pool which they also built. They did the tile and coping. They were great and interacting with them was easy. The renovation design consultant explained himself well and was able to lay out the different options that we had so that I could understand. The pool now looks great and I don't have to worry about it for another 14 years.

When I was researching 14 years ago, Anthony & Sylvan were the best that I found on the internet so I had them build my pool and now we are renovating with them. The renovation design consultant from them came over and I showed him the stress cracks and other things that needed to be done. He told me that what I was looking at was nothing that needed to be repaired right away. Instead of just trying to upsell me, he only told me the things that I really needed to take care of at that time. So, all that they did was around the edges and coping and then resealed it so water doesn't get in between the side of the pool and the ground.

Their team called me an hour before they were supposed to get here and they showed up on time. They were friendly, did everything in a timely manner, got my work done, and made sure everything was cleaned up afterwards. Then they called me the very next day to make sure that everything was still fine from what they did. Everything is exactly as I wanted and I didn't have to pay anything more than what I needed to. I'm not dissatisfied with anything. Every experience I've ever had with them has been terrific.

Anthony & Sylvan had a sign up in our neighborhood because they were putting in another pool. I did a little research online just to read other reviews about the company then talked to some other people I know who have pools. Anthony & Sylvan was highly recommended and had good reviews. And since I've wanted a pool for years, we finally made the decision to pull the trigger at the beating of this summer and we asked them to come out and give us an estimate.

Our project manager, Frank, was wonderful and it was great that we saw him very regularly over the course of the project. He was very responsive to calls or emails with any questions. The scheduling team was also great. They were right on top of each step as the project progressed and kept me informed about what would be happening when and when I needed to be here. Everything moved along on the six-week schedule as promised. The design consultant was really helpful in helping us pick something that worked really well in our yard in terms of the size and the shape. And we love the shape of our new concrete, freeform pool. It is a great place for us to relax and have friends and family over and just enjoy just staying at home in the summer.

I've been wanting a pool for 5 years. Anthony & Sylvan came at the right time when I was ready to move forward and they had the right options. They were more flexible on the phases of construction. I have a custom pool. It's got lots of different curves in it and it has a spa. The spa is in the pool. It was something I saw when on Choose.com and they said they never did one like that but they figured it up and they did it for me. Spending time with my family at the pool is my favorite thing, enjoying it and the relaxation.

My kids and I are swimmers, and ever since we moved into our brand new house we wanted to build a pool. We chose Anthony & Sylvan Pools based on their reputation and good reviews from the website and hearsay from other customers and friends that actually went with them. My pool is chlorinated, it's a geometric rectangular pool for lap purposes only. It has a variable-speed drive option. Everything went well and done on time. Now I'm able to swim whenever I please and do my exercises.

I initially read about Anthony & Sylvan on Angie's List then went to their website. After a couple of business from other companies, I decided to go with Anthony. They represented a good product and a big company name that guarantees the pool after the installation. I feel comfortable with their overall presentation. I communicated with the project manager and he responded within the day and took care of any of my concerns. He's very punctual and professional in his dealings with me.

Our pool was installed and finished around the 1st of July. It's rectangular, about 19 by 39, and with depths going from about three and a half to six and a half. But it's still deeper since it's over seven feet. There's no spa but the pool looks very aesthetic. It confines in the yard well, integrated well with the backyard, and the quality is top-notched. I feel that it represents a well-made pool when I use it. I look forward to using the pool for the spring and summer months and entertaining friends and family. For whatever reason, the water is very cold even during the height of 115-degree temperature so we're going to install a solar heating for the pool in February which should take care of that problem.

Ever since we moved to our house ten years ago, we have wanted to have a pool. We have woods along three sides of our property and Anthony & Sylvan was able to design it in such a way that it contoured to the land directly behind the house which looks very natural. It's a 40 x 20 free-form salt-water pool and has a heater. It also has waterfalls that have separate elevations that also conforms to the elevation of our property. The team went over the schedule when we bought the pool and we didn't have any weather delays. Dealing with the project manager has been straightforward. There were a lot of times where we wanted what they had to offer but needed to modify or add something like the stamped concrete with a certain color pattern. We had several estimates done and they made that easy for us to get done. So, that was a big win. We're looking forward to enjoying the pool in the spring and in summer. We have recommended them to a friend and they already built them the pool.

We just built the house about a year and a half ago and we waited for it to finish to get the pool. We had seen stuff online when we were searching on the internet for them. Then we had a couple of friends also that had done quotes and stuff before with Anthony & Sylvan. We liked the people we talked to at Anthony & Sylvan, and so we chose them.

The scheduler was the best person. She was the one that made sure all the contracts were there with any issues that we had. I wanted to be outside for pretty much all of the stuff that was happening and she was really good about letting me know when they're gonna be there and what time, and when things were gonna happen. She was really good at keeping track of all the things that were being done. We had a lot of special requests and custom stuff done in the pool and she made sure that all of those things that we had that were not standard were all being taken care of and they were understood before the work got done.

The pool is big and rectangular. I like that it's big enough for our families to get in, everybody's being able to fit in there all at the same time. My wife and I both have big families, so we built it for all of our family. All of the kids and cousins play in there. I'd definitely recommend Anthony & Sylvan to a friend.

Our pool from Anthony & Sylvan is a free-form without a spa, and has a small stair waterfall. I like being in it to keep cool in the summer. The salesman was very personable. My project manager and I interacted regularly. He was very involved and helpful. Also, the rep in charge of scheduling was very good. Early on in the process, it definitely seemed like they were overwhelmed due to a shortage of people, but they recovered nicely, which is why I gave them high marks. They solved the challenges they had in front of them and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

We had Anthony & Sylvan build our free-form pool. Our project manager and the scheduling team were very attentive. We had open and honest interactions. Our pool has a spa, which is what I like the most. I look forward to spending time with my family in our new pool.

I've been wanting a pool for a number of years. We had Anthony & Sylvan out a couple of years prior to giving us a price, and we couldn’t decide. Our five grandkids who live close by are the main reason we picked the pool. I asked some people who put pools in and I was getting all mixed feedback, and Anthony & Sylvan seemed to be the biggest. Also, I figured if I had any problems, they would turn around and be the easiest ones to correct any issues if there was any. Additionally, somebody else somewhere told me that they were one of the better builders of pools in the area.

We had them build a free-form pool. If I turn around, it has a raised spa with the waterfalls. I started its depth at four feet, which they said was not normal, and I went from four to seven. We're a very tall family and it is perfect for the depth. It’s a good pool. I like that everybody is enjoying it. Watching the grandkids in there having fun looks nice. The waterfall is a nice view to look at also.

The project manager was great. He always called back. He helped out anytime there’s a question. If for some reason, I cannot reach him, the sales manager was right there. One of them was always right there to answer any questions. Even after the pool was done, I had questions and they called me right back and answered the questions. They always got me the answers I want.

I shopped around and got about five estimates from different pool people and representatives come out to my house. But I was most pleased with the guy from Anthony & Sylvan. Everybody was great, from the project manager to the scheduling team. I had a 900 square foot pool and it has a lot of decking going around it. It starts at 3 feet and goes to six feet. However, I had a little decking issue, but they sent the guys right back out to fix what needed to be fixed right away. It’s a nice pool and I’m very happy with it. I like having access to get out my backdoor, get into the pool and just be able to swim outdoors in late spring, sometimes early fall since it has a nice heater on it. I have pool parties and my grandkids come over and play in the pool as well.

We've planned on getting a pool for the last five years. We’re from New York and there was no room to have a pool there, so coming down to North Carolina with a nice piece of property, we thought a pool was a must-have. And I got some good feedback from my aunt who had an Anthony & Sylvan pool built seven years ago. I had done a lot of research on pools and pools company too, but I didn’t know little things like where would you like the sun to hit you when your pool is built. So, I loved that the pool we got from Anthony and Sylvan answered questions that I didn’t even know we had. Our pool's beautifully constructed and it's pretty much everything that was designed in the consultant portion of the process. It’s also easy to maintain and that’s the best part which my husband loves.

My project manager was also amazing. He visited the site every time we had a major phase go by, even with the depth building and the coping, he was always accessible. He was laid back, but whenever we did have a question, the response time was amazing. And the scheduler was also outstanding. We couldn’t be happier.

We had a 30-year-old pool that was built by Abano Pool. During the 30 years, I had it renovated 10 years ago, but I wasn’t happy with the service that was with another company. On the contrary, I liked Anthony & Sylvan's salesman. He seemed like a person I could trust. In fact, he was one of the reasons that made us pick Anthony & Sylvan. He definitely knew the business. He was a salesman but in his younger days, he was a renovator so he knew exactly what we wanted to do. We had them remodel our pool's tile and coping. I like our newly renovated pool's Travertine coping.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Company Profile