4.79/5
Based on 190 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a premier builder of inground concrete and fiberglass swimming pools. Since 1946, we have designed and installed more than 370,000 pools for home owners all across the nation. Our pools are easy to maintain and built for life. With additions such as vanishing edges, raised spas and rock waterfalls your pool is an oasis in your backyard.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Gallery (9)
Read More Read More
Last updated: Jan. 22, 2018

1227 Anthony & Sylvan Pools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built the pool and I’ve had them open and close all the time for years. They explained to me how everything is going. I always watch them and I ask questions, and they answer the questions promptly and nicely. They were very nice when they were closing the pool and informative, too. I already recommended Anthony & Sylvan to people down the street.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Out of the three companies I was looking at, Anthony & Sylvan's customer service was by far superior than the others. I had them install a pool for me which they closed in the fall and would be opening in the spring for me. Everyone that’s come out to help with the build was phenomenal and has top-notched communication. It was pleasant of them to inform me with everything that they were doing. And anytime I would call, they'd be right on top of things. They would explain things step-by-step and would have all the right answers.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I use Anthony & Sylvan for just about everything. They come over to get things done and then, they're gone. Also, they usually got what I need. In fact, I bought my supplies there. Overall, they do a good job!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I was using another pool service and switched to Anthony & Sylvan. I wasn't satisfied with the costs of the previous pool service. Anthony & Sylvan is very responsive. I use them for opening, closing and servicing the broiler. The service people who come out are very cooperative, interactive, approachable and they’re easy to work with as far as dates.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan is very accommodating and kind. They do what I want and they suggest what I should have and talk about it. I've been having their pool services since 1992 and I use them for all of my needs. Everything is doing very well. I have recommended them to my friends and they have turned over to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan was very easy to deal with and all our interactions with them were fine. And our pool, a rectangular and standard one, doesn't leak and it works.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My friend recommended Anthony and Sylvan and they built in and then closed our pool for us. They were on time and did a good job for the closing.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I've been using chemicals from Anthony & Sylvan since I opened the pool, and I also use their equipment. I like that they are local and the person who installed my pool said that she uses their stuff too. They check my water occasionally when I ask to. It doesn't cost me anything and they're on track of what I needed. We recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built my pool and I called them for service since the company that normally does it was unavailable. I made sure that Anthony & Sylvan was available when I called and I had them for the opening and closing of the pool, which was convenient. Scheduling the service was very easy and convenient as well, and they came fairly quickly compared to other companies. Everything was finished and neatly put away when I came home. Everything was folded and the hoses were wrapped up. They were very thorough and organized. They did a really great job as far as attention to detail.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan had the reputation of being one of the better pool installers in the area. They replaced a pool that I have had installed that was a vinyl liner. I had that for a good many years but I wanted a top-quality, concrete or gunite installation so I chose Anthony & Sylvan because of their reputation. When you go to their retail stores, their people in the retail stores are so helpful. They know everything about my pool. Every time I’ve been in there for water treatments and for chemistry, they got it down.

When they installed the pool. I was there for pretty much at least 80% of all the work they did. They always use top-notch subcontractors, for one. And I have even taken a vacation to Hawaii. I was gone for like 10 days and they were communicating with me even in Hawaii. They left no stone unturned. If I moved and wanted another pool, I would definitely have them do the installation.

However, I have a hot tub and a pool. They are combined. In the one area where they put mosaic tile on the surface, that should have been concrete. When they put the cover on for the winter season, they put so much pressure on the ledge where the water comes out of the spa and into the water. That ledge will crush the mosaic tile. And every year there’s always a little bit of repair there. I do the repair myself but had they extended the concrete out like they have around my pool, that would have been foolproof. There wouldn’t be any problems at all.

I know enough about pools, at this stage, to open my pool and have no problems. So I only use Anthony & Sylvan to close my pool. I know that if I did something wrong in the closing of my pool like if I had frozen a pipe because of my inability to close the pool professionally, that it would be on me. But if they did something wrong, they would stand behind the work because they do a good job.

They have maybe three different groups that come out and do the pool closings. The last two pool closings I’ve had have been the same guy. And they’re always very conscientious. And they even taught me a few things about how to prepare the covers so when they come, it’ll be easier to put the cover on. It was always a good installation. It's just that I would rather they have a retail store right here in the Yardley. They have one in Feasterville and that long long ride all the way out to no man’s land, out near Plumsteadville.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan is in my local area and I use them for closing my pool. They always provide good service. I also got a waterproof cover from them this year and I was satisfied with that too.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I’ve tried several local pool people and was very dissatisfied, so I called Anthony & Sylvan who put this pool in 30 years ago and they’ve been easy to work with. I told them my problem, they set a date and they were here when they said they’re going to be. They did the closing of the pool and equipment upgrades. Two years ago, I had them close the pool. Everything went beautifully and they installed one of the safety covers for me that year as well. When I went to open the pool the next spring, I could not get one of the plugs out that they had put in as part of the closing. I called them, they sent a three people team that arrived four hours after I called and they were here for almost two hours solving the problem.

I also had a team that closed the pool one year and it was 40 degrees. I looked at them and said they were out of their minds because I knew they’d get wet doing it but they said they were all right. I’ve tried three other pool services and I have not been able to get this kind of service from anybody else. Anthony & Sylvan is great and they stand behind their work.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

We were happy with the feedback we got from Anthony & Sylvan, as well as the quick responses to questions before we decided to purchase a pool. So far, we've only used them for pool closing. And their team has been very courteous, answered all my questions, and came up with solutions that I didn’t think about.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Anthony & Sylvan redid my pool a couple of years ago and they did a great job. I ran into a few issues when the pool was being resurfaced but they took care of them. The pool is brand new again so all the equipment is new and I use Anthony & Sylvan for opening and closing. As far as closing it, they did the chemicals and put the cover on then they were out of here so they did a nice job. They’re very courteous and responsive as well.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

We've used Anthony & Sylvan before and I've known about them for many years. They've been around for a long time. Working with them gave me peace of mind knowing that the job will get done. We also had a great project manager and a sales guy, so I'm very happy with them. Harold and Robert, whom we dealt with the most, were really good to work with.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I was building a rather extraordinary pool so I chose Anthony & Sylvan because they were leaders in the market. The pool is free-form and it has the largest spa that Anthony & Sylvan makes as well as a shower beach entry. Plus, the spa is easy to maintain. The communication while building the pool was timely and regular. There were a few problems that popped up along the way but they rectified those to make us happy because it was clearly something that they had overlooked. I've wanted a pool for 10 years and now, I'm looking forward to the gathering of family and friends.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Anthony & Sylvan built the pool for us 11 years ago so I just kept them for service. They do our opening and closing every year. The people that come to do the opening and closing are usually very knowledgeable and they're very happy to answer questions. They do the job a lot better than I ever could and they're very efficient about it. I haven't had any complaints about that part of the service and they do a really nice job. When they come, I usually have some questions about the water and how it is or the things about the equipment. And they're always happy to take the time and stop and answer questions that I have. They usually give good answers. The manager that I worked with at the retail store recently has also been very helpful. He has repaired some of our pool cleaners for me a couple of times and he's been very good to work with as well.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I heard good stuff about Anthony & Sylvan that's why I went with them for my pool installation and my service. They installed my pool and they've done some work with caulking around the pool. I get my chemicals from them and I open and close my pool with them. Anthony & Sylvan follows up and they’re proficient. I don't have to constantly call them but when they come out, they do an excellent job and I'm very pleased with their service. They've been courteous and professional and they deal with me in a timely fashion. I don't have to wait on them and I'm pleased with that. My wife and I will continue doing business with them and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Anthony & Sylvan was prompt. They were okay to work with during opening and closing except for the subcontractors when I had my pool resurfaced. I was never really angry with them though, just the contractors.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Most of my experience with Anthony and Sylvan has been negative. But the opening and closing has not been an issue. The one person that I've had good interaction with is Alicia.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We had Anthony & Sylvan install a pool. They put it in about five years ago and we just kept with them ever since for maintaining, opening and closing it. They come when they say they're going to come. They are polite and courteous and they always explain what they're doing. My husband is the one who meets with them and they explained to him how to help the pool and keep the level of the chemicals. They gave him extra tips and hints as well. I always enjoyed following them around and listening to them. I’d recommend them for sure.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

The previous owners had Anthony & Sylvan install the pool and we continued using them. They open and close the pool, maintain the equipment, and they also completely redid it. Their team follows up on things, is always around and helpful and does a good job. The only negative about them is that they're a little on the pricey side. However we have confidence in them so we're willing to pay a little bit more.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Anthony & Sylvan installed our pool initially. We use them for pool opening and closings. We like that they schedule everything. They’re always on time and always do a great job. I always get a response when I call. When they come out to open or close the pool, they know where the cover is and they know where to put things away. They’re also able to guide me through things over the phone to get things taken care of. I have recommended Anthony & Sylvan to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I’ve known of Anthony & Sylvan for forever. I’ve had three pools so, I’ve had them from the past. I have them for openings and closings and the service has been good. They’ve always been on time and I’ve gotten to know some of the guys and they’re pleasant. It’s a beautiful pool and I’ve had it for about seven years. It’s been trouble-free the whole time I’ve owned it. It’s been uneventful, problem-wise and that’s a good thing. Everything’s great and I would certainly use them again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Anthony & Sylvan built our pool. They do our pool closing for us. We’ve used other people and they didn’t do a good job. Anthony & Sylvan's people are knowledgeable and they know what they’re doing. They back up their work.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have been going to the Anthony & Sylvan retail store in Montgomeryville, and that’s how I knew they had a service department as well. One time I called them because I had a minor problem with the filtering system, of which they did not charge me and I was very impressed. That’s why I called them to close the pool this year. They do good work, have a reasonable price, and are prompt. It was also easy to get an appointment. Their people are competent and nice guys.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Anthony & Sylvan is known in the pool industry, and we're satisfied with the convenience in having them open and close the pool every year. They also helped us with the design of the pool, which we liked a lot, and we loved the work they did put the pool in. Their people are always very nice and helpful too. We have already recommended Anthony & Sylvan.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We had a friend who had a pool built by Anthony & Sylvan and we were happy with what it turned out to be so we decided to give them a try. We use Anthony & Sylvan mainly for opening and closing. We live quite a distance away from their office but they’re always very accommodating when they schedule to come out to service our pool so they’re very flexible. Also, when we needed help in trying to get a new pool cleaner, the man who was here servicing the pool was very helpful in helping us decide on which one to look at.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We had a couple different pool contractors to come out and give us estimates. Anthony & Sylvan had the best deal for the money so we picked them. They did our pool opening and closings, and they did the construction before as well. We like the convenience of working with them. They were here when they said they were going to be. And when they came here to open and close the pool, everyone was friendly and they answered all questions. They also explained everything as they were doing it. I’ve recommended them to people.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I use Anthony & Sylvan for opening and closing my pool. I decided to go with them after my neighbor bought a pool from them and liked it. I like that they're on time, professional, polite, clean, and do a very good job.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Anthony & Sylvan is a pool company that has been in business since 1946. It installs pools and does regular maintenance and cleaning. The company is known for its unique and custom pool design and it offers a lifetime structural warranty.

• Variety: Anthony & Sylvan installs a wide variety of pools, including concrete and fiberglass pools.

• Vanishing edges: It can install "infinity pools" -- pools the appear as though they don't have any edges.

• Add-ons: Anthony & Sylvan can install many add-ons, such as sunken barbecue pits near the pool, beach entries, rock waterfalls, spillways and more.

• Experience: The company has been in business for nearly 70 years and has worked on over 370,000 pools.

• National availability: Anthony & Sylvan provides pool services to people across the country and can work closely with consumers to give them exactly the pool they want.

• Best for: Homeowners, business owners, pool owners and property managers that are looking for a custom pool design.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs