toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a pool desperately the minute I moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, when it was 120 degrees outside.We got three pools put in by Anthony & Sylvan Pools for our multiple properties. They design pools any way you want. The first pool is 6 feet deep, 12 feet wide and 25 feet long. I customized architectural corners to it and fit pillars in each corner. And then they’d done the big steps where one can get out on the deep end but it's a very basic rectangular pool. The new pool we had done six months ago has a Jacuzzi and modern features. I like that my pool is solar heated and I can warm it up to any degrees I want. We keep it at bathtub water. I like that it’s not too deep. I don’t recommend people buying deep pools, especially when we usually never use the deep ends.

Anthony & Sylvan did a fine job designing our pool and picking out the color of the tiles. We let them make the decision on how to make it look. I had a wonderful project manager. However, there was a little crack in the pipe so he got the guys right out and got everything fixed. So far, we haven’t had a problem yet after that. I work from home so at any time of the day, I can walk out and get wet. Also, we keep it family-oriented. A lot of our family members have kids, and it’s more of an entertainment thing for the kids and the family. Overall, I had a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We built the pool with Sylvan over 40 years ago. Then, we had the interior remodeled with them as well. We had a fine experience with the design consultant. Came out and measured everything, told us what to expect, how long it would take, what substance they use and when it would be done. The team that scheduled and coordinated our renovation was Spanish-speaking and I do not speak Spanish but if I had a question there was one gentleman I could speak with. This is the second summer now since it was done and it looks nice and is smooth. Nice clear water and we've had no problems with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been wanting a pool for 10 years and I heard about Anthony & Sylvan Pools through a website advertisement. Now, we have a free form concrete pool and I like that I got the nice pebbled type and the nonslip-resistant features of the pool. Although I never got to utilize it as much yet because of a new construction, I like the way it's located in my backyard and the way it gives a nice feel to it. The interactions we had with them during the process was real nice. They kept in touch with me on a regular basis and their project manager came by at least once a week to check on the progress and spoke about stuff. It was a pleasant experience.

After getting surveys and opinions off the internet, I had Anthony & Sylvan install my geometric pool. The project manager and scheduling team were very clear every step of the way. They made sure I understood the process and the duration. They kept in touch almost every day with anything I needed to consider that might wind up being unexpected than we planned for. All my interactions with them have been very positive. I like the water features and the design of our saline pool. It's really nice for just the comfort of the water compared to using chemical chlorine. I’m very happy with what it turned out.

When we were shopping for pool contractors, we talked to three or four different ones. I’ve heard a lot of horror stories from the neighbors that had the worst experience with their pool company. Anthony & Sylvan was then recommended by a friend. From sales and design, all the way through construction, and even afterwards with the warranty, the whole project has been very pleasant and smooth. We now have a freeform, lagoon style pool with a spa, a large sun shelf, a rock water feature and a bubble machine. The pool is heated, it’s a good use of space in our yard and the kids love it. My kids are still young so we've got lots and lots of years to enjoy it and we look forward to the family memories that we’ll have.

When I was getting my things approved for the pool, a lady up in the clubhouse confirmed that I made the right decision after she told me that Anthony & Sylvan are fantastic. Also, whoever I talk to about them only got positive feedback. Ron, the project manager, was on top of the construction of the pool and was absolutely wonderful. They showed us what we could have for the backyard, brought the procedure step by step printed out, and they did exactly what they said they were going to do. We knew exactly what was going to happen throughout the whole process. They knew what they’re doing, and came exactly when they said they were going to come.

The pool that Anthony & Sylvan Pools made for my backyard turned out to be everything that I wanted. It is gorgeous. We chose to have salt water in it because it is better for your skin. It also has a deep end in the middle, has no shallow end, and you can do laps from end to end in it. My husband, a handicap who's in a wheelchair, needs to exercise his legs so I knew it would be good for him to get into the pool and exercise. It would be good for me as well to get in it, exercise, and swim especially during the heat of days in the desert.

Anthony & Sylvan's scheduling team was very good. We had some problems with the rain but we were on time with everything. Also, I was very happy with the project manager. He was receptive to my calls. If I had a problem, he would come out and take care of it. They were very friendly and helped me figure out what I wanted. And now, I have a geometric pool and a spa. I love the spa and they explained everything so well about the pool that I have no problems with it at all. It’s easy to take care of everything. I think my pool is pretty and I enjoy relaxing and sitting up there in the evenings and turning the lights on and watching it. I enjoy being in the pool and spa very much. I love when my kids come down there and that they have a pool to go to.

I’ve owned my home since late 2014 and we have wanted a pool for a while since it brings my family and friends together. A friend of mine who bought a home a few months after mine had her pool built by Anthony & Sylvan Pools. I liked her pool's design so I called them and sat with who did hers. My interactions with Anthony and Sylvan have been very good. Their project manager and the scheduling team were always there when they said they were going to be. They were really good about working around my schedule because I work and there are no other adults in my home to be there. Also, the process went along with the time frame that they had given me. Our new pool brings the family and friends together. My parents had a pool years ago and used a lot of chemicals like chlorine. But my L-shaped pool has a salination system which is a good feature that helps me keep the price and usage of my chemicals down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

Anthony & Sylvan have built two pools for us. During the time the second pool was being built, we've had very good interactions with their rep, David, especially on any issues, concerns that I had during and after the construction. He was very quick to address every concern that we had and made changes. We had some features that included the stuffing of fire pit valves and plumbing and Anthony & Sylvan were very well in tuned to on the fly changes to the current work order plans. So overall, it's a very good experience with the team.

Also, we wanted the second pool to be very conventional. But we went ahead with the rectangular front pool with a spa attached to it, which is my favorite feature of it. The kidney-shaped pool we had before this new one didn't have a spa. And this new pool they’ve made has a modern look compared to what we had before. We're looking forward to being able to enjoy with the family and friends using the new pool and being able to walk out and enjoy the amenities there.

A colleague recommended Anthony & Sylvan and their team has been really great and I would highly recommend them. We had them install our free-form pool with a spa. It's a pebble tech, no plaster, with tile and stacked stone, and it looks good.

Anthony & Sylvan was referred to me by my friend who had his pool designed and built by them. Also, we went with them because out of all of the other competitors, they were really good and gave honest pricing. They didn't try to mark us up. The process went very smoothly and their team was great. We had rain a couple of times, but they worked through it. The scheduling was on point and everything went according to plan, with the exception of a few bad weather days, which was out of their control. They let us know that they would be out the next day weather-permitting and stayed in touch. If we had any questions, they were available 24/7. My new pool has a grotto feature, a raised spa, and rock features around it. We're very happy with it. Aside from the fact that it keeps us cool when it's hot and doesn't heat, we like the eight and a half feet of depth, and the absolutely fun time with the family.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Please find this review of Anthony & Sylvan Pools as a consumer awareness before signing a contract. Anyone familiar with doing a major home improvement project has surely experienced obstacles, delays, and/or inconveniences. Upon deciding to take the "plunge" associated with an inground pool, we anticipated a couple of delays related to climate such as Spring rain.

However, we were not prepared for inadequate communication related to our complete project. Initially, our timetable was flawless, Salesperson Jason ** had been to our home 2 years before and again when we decided to pursue our dream. He graciously took the time to go over our plans and even kept our original plans from the earlier visit years before. His communication was diligent from concept changes to final plan assessment and the final "meet and greet" to go over final concepts and meet the Project Manager, Vance **. At the "Meet and Greet" all seemed to be in order and ready to move forward. Everything in accordance to the plans and contract were introduced and appropriate questions asked and answered: Payment plan, construction timeline, and inspections from township and PM.

What should have been my first clue was when I asked for dates associated with the overall project timelines, Excavation>Rebar>Gunite>Tile and Coping>Concrete Decking(Sidewalk around Pool)>and Plaster/Final Inspection. Now I realize the fact that weather plays an important part in the process, but whenever something was scheduled and the subcontractors utilized by AS were scheduled, they took it upon themselves that the weather was "dicey" and not show up. Now customarily, I could understand IF the subcontractors called the customer explaining this OR at the very least contact AS and inform them so they could inform the consumer. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me!

Secondly and in our estimation, the major offense was the inaccurate accounting in association of our payment plan. Austin **, Construction Project Manager, set up our appointment and explained in an email, the amount(s) needed to be deposited prior to or on the day of the project(s) requiring payment(s). We completed this through their iSwim account which is conveniently setup online and efficient. Unfortunately, the payment amounts requested and submitted were overly abundant to our project and not in compliance to our contract. Numerous emails were sent trying to confirm the correct price but were not answered. It was not until I rechecked our contract and double checked our account that I noticed the overpayment of our pool project and our payment made in full for the entire project WITHOUT completion of the project!

The lack of communication, in our estimation based upon our current experience with Anthony & Sylvan Pools, is due to the fact of over extension. While the company has a sales office in our area, Lititz, Pennsylvania, ALL of the subcontractors are from the Philadelphia and/or near the state of Delaware! While I am only surmising this, my guess is a lowered price quoted to them from Unionized Contractors: excavation, plumbing, electrical, steelwork, and concrete masonry then passed onto the consumers and splitting the profits. This will undoubtedly be denied and explained in a way that will incorporate delays associated to weather, subcontracted scheduling inconveniences, etc. etc. etc!

What really transpires is the fact that AS has too many people associated with customers specific projects. Instead of assigning one project scheduling associate in relation to one customer, AS has a multiple call center to which you try and contact the appropriate associate only to have that associate(s) phone message center not accepting messages because it is either not setup or full... with complaints... I ASSUME. In our particular case, we were given the names of Alba and Noemi ** construction project schedulers. As Customer Service representatives, when a consumer inquires as to the status of their next timeline it is usually met with a filed log of the completed portions and next required project. In our case, our inquiries were met with, "Was this completed?", "Did you have your inspections by your PM and township?", "What are you calling about?", "We'll get back to you."

If it weren't for handling our own affairs and in constant communication on our own behalf, our project would not be halfway done and our contract was signed on February 11, 2017. We were told barring weather, Memorial Day could be a possibility... but definitely by the July 4, 2017 summer holiday. It is now July 3, 2017 and no work has been done since June 20, 2017, which was the Coping and Tiling phase of which their subcontractor tries to upsell tile design for the steps and pool for a cash only payment to them while they are there. No check just cash... shady! All that is left to do is the concrete decking around the pool, plastering, and final inspection. Pre Deck Inspection was done by PM Vance on June 21, 2017! Why in God's name does it take a week in between inspections or longer to schedule the next phase(s) especially since the project is completely paid for! At this rate, we will be closing the pool and not using it until 2018!

Utterly ridiculous, to put it plainly, our inquiries to have our PM's boss, Mike **, call us have been unheeded nor has he answered our emails. Now on behalf of Mike **, he instructed his PM to contact us to; 1. Receive an AS gift card for our overpayment amount and an additional $250 for the inconvenience they have caused us. 2. He graciously have his PM, Vance **, permission to contact another Deck Mason not normally utilized, David ** of Architectural Concrete Design, who is phenomenal!

Dave contacted us one day after informing AS of our complete dissatisfaction of this whole project timeline. Dave was gracious, understanding, concerned, and informed that our project is completely paid for and we are still in limbo! He took the time with my wife as I was unavailable to incorporate our ideas and his intuition providing us with a plan emailed to us 11:30 pm that same night and asked us to pick from his proposals over the next day! We chose our deck design and signed his proposal while away for the day and answered us within minutes! Kudos, David **!!!

In conclusion, while Anthony & Sylvan Pools has a wonderful design and sales department, their choices regarding subcontractors and their internal communication practices are subpar to say the very least. Plan on waiting between paid project phases a minimum of 2 weeks or longer. Ask numerous questions regarding their use of subcontractors and be prepared for lots of phone calls or messaging between you and the PM. Once the meet and greet are done, you will not receive any communication from your sales person despite your attempts.

After the Electrical Inspection, I contacted the PM to inquire about the Tile and Coping Phase and asked if I could backfill the 3 foot trenches since they were preventing my dogs from going outside without being endangered of falling in and injuring themselves. Good thing I did since this would need to be done as well creating an additional delay! Not all of the images in accordance with the timeline are listed but can be added if requested at a later date to be determined.

When we were purchasing, I really like that Anthony & Sylvan's salesperson, Jason, did not pressure us and gave great advice in the design of the pool and what features to put in. Our pool has a spa that flows into it and it's got a shelf for kids to play on with the bubbler. I also had them install two spring fountains that shoot up into the pool. It's very relaxing to step out near the pool in the evening and it keeps the kids occupied. I like that it's close by and I enjoy it with the family during the summer.

The project manager and scheduling team were timely in meeting all our needs. They responded quickly to any questions we had even after the pool was finished. They were always there to answer any additional questions and come by to make sure that everything was running correctly. I had a small punch list at the end, which they addressed immediately. Overall, it was a fantastic experience compared to some of the other pool cases I've seen out there. I've been a consumer report protection attorney, and I have a couple of pool cases. They didn’t have as good of an experience as I had. I've already recommended Anthony & Sylvan to a number of other people.

We've wanted a pool for a while now, maybe 10 or 15 years. So I did my research online and read through online groups that had reviews and testimonials from customers. Then I called my top three pool companies and decided on getting a free-form pool installed by Anthony & Sylvan Pools. They kept us in the loop and if we had concerns, the project manager, David, worked hard to address them quickly for our satisfaction. Our backyard living space has now been changed to where we want to spend time in. Plus we're now able to entertain guests and have kids over to enjoy it. All in all, it was a great experience with them.

Anthony & Sylvan are nationally advertised. After sitting down and talking with them, their warranty pushed me towards them. I had them build my free-form pool which has a built-in spa and a four-foot waterfall. It also has a travertine deck. The pool came out nice and everybody in the family likes it. We could go out in the evening and be in the spa or the pool. Kids and grandkids could come over and we'll have picnics. It's a good focal point.

I had a good relationship with the designer. We sat down and he had as much fun designing the pool as I had working with him coming up with what I wanted. I wasn’t too impressed with the project guy but the warranty group, which I've used them a couple of times, has been fantastic. There were no questions asked. They came out and took care of the small issues that I had after they installed it. Overall, it has been a good experience and I would recommend them.

I've been wanting to have a new pool for 10 years. After doing a lot of research, I learned about Anthony & Sylvan and ended up using them. We did the project in November and December and it was freezing cold that time but the guys showed up when they were supposed to unless it was a weather issue because they can't do some of the things if it's raining. Everybody was helpful, very friendly and polite. I had no issues with them being on my property. Everything was picked up and they were great. I like the pool they made. It’s fabulous, free-form with a waterfall.

We had nothing but outstanding interactions with Ray, the project manager from Anthony & Sylvan him. The scheduling was with Patty and she was very efficient in keeping us up to date on what was going on as far as scheduling goes. Our pool is free-form with a sundeck on one end. The tanning deck is our favorite because it allows our grandchild to get in and enjoy the pool. Plus, we put a heater in it and it allowed us to open it at least a month or a month and a half early. Also, I'm disabled and I'm able to work out in it. It also brings the family together and since we put it in, we've had more family time because we all come and enjoy the pool at our house.

After doing an online search, we reviewed the information and quotes provided by Anthony & Sylvan and then made our determination to get a simple, free-form pool from them. We have about under an acre of land. The pool's not very large, about 30 X 20 and standard 6ft at one end and 3.5ft on the other, and it's the right size. It sits in well with the topography in the backyard, which we landscaped around the pool to look like a woodwork. The pool is maintenance-free, symmetric and blends well with the overall impression of the house. It’s also convenient and beautiful. It’s heated by the sun because it’s in the right position to it, and in the winter, we have a heater on the pool. So, we can use it for 10 months out of the year and most of the time the water temperature is right. It's absolutely perfect for us. I'm looking forward to being able to access it with no crowds and use it whenever I want. I do laps and I can choose any time of the day or night.

I had several interactions with the Anthony & Sylvan team, including my project manager, Ray, and our scheduling person, Patty. They were all perfect and everything always went as expected. Our free-form pool that they installed has a spa, a dive rock, an 8-ft end, and a shallow end. I’m free to go in it whenever I want.

When I moved in here, I wanted a pool built since I always had one. I then saw Anthony and Sylvan's commercials and got recommendations for them, so I wanted the estimates. I've always gotten free estimates before going in a project. So I mailed all the pool companies and Anthony & Sylvan seemed to be the most responsive. The manager was great and the scheduler was fantastic. They always let me know when they were coming and what they were doing. They were real professional about it and they built the pool on time.

I’ve built a number of pools and, by far, Anthony & Sylvan was the finest and professional crew that I’ve had. I was very pleased with the job and I haven’t had any problems with it. I like the fact that the pool is as advertised. It's a granite pool with a spa and a Pebble Tec interior. It’s 33 X 18, not a big pool, but it's got a tanning ledge. It’s great for the little kids too. Now that we have the pool here, I'm looking forward to my granddaughter learning to swim.

We looked for pool builders and interviewed a few of them. We saw Anthony & Sylvan has been in business for so many years and they also had a reputation, so we decided to go with them. I like the lady my wife dealt with in the office, because she was on the spot. I also had pretty good rapport with the project manager. He values customer satisfaction and I appreciate what he’s done. I like that he was focused on the customers as well as getting the pool done properly. When we have questions about what they’re doing, they would call the project manager. Then he would come out, we'd talk about it and we got relieved that they get things straightened out.

Our new kidney-shaped pool has a waterfall on the side. I like that it vacuums and they also added something that divides the pool from the deeper to the shallow part. I enjoy getting in the pool and exercising in it. The family also comes over and gets in it. They love it. I like what Anthony & Sylvan has done, plus my neighbors and the people that have seen it, they liked what they did too. As a matter of fact, my mate is getting a pool and I have recommended Anthony & Sylvan 100%.

We've wanted a pool even before we built it. We decided on it about six months ago and now, we have a free-form pool installed by Anthony & Sylvan. All my interactions with them were very professional. They were prompt with any concerns I had and very communicative throughout the entire process. I like the look of the pool and it seems to be of high quality. I also like that it was done quickly and now, we can use it. My two-year-old daughter loves it too and I enjoy creating memories in it with my family. I would highly recommend Anthony & Sylvan Pools. In fact, I have recommended them already.

We worked with the salesman, Chris, and got a big free-form pool from Anthony & Sylvan. It has a great layout. We decided to have two steps up to an elevated area where we attached a slide. That part has been the favorite of all the kids. While our interactions with our project manager and scheduling team were a little rough, our scheduler Michelle was our biggest godsend. We were very pleased with her. She became our interim project manager after somebody left. She kept us going on-track and finished the project.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

We're so sorry to hear this and thank you very much for sharing these concerns with us. We have located your account and will be contacting you shortly to better understand your overall experience and to try to find a positive resolution to your concerns.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Pool in process of building. Newly hired salesman had good ideas but not much experience in construction. Project manager has nice personality but not around usually until called by homeowner. Excavation crew dug and formed nice pool design but disaster in removing excess dirt, clay, and grass. Just spread over my beautifully manicured yard. PM had to bring in two different crews to cleanup mess and haul off six to seven loads of useless dirt. Now my entire back yard is destroyed. Will need several loads of good dirt and grass.

Pump was installed too close to waterfall. They are hung up on a 5ft distance actually can be up to 25ft as told by other bid contacts. Electric was excellent. P-trap plumber installed trap incorrectly and wrong place as requested by homeowner, salesman, and pm and now inspection failed by city. Instructions left by inspector and plumber pushing back repairs until he talks face to face with inspector. PM, has not called. If you choose this company be advised YOU will be project manager. So far, probably in top10 of worst decisions made in my almost 68years on earth. Be warned. Hope it gets better staying in condition "Orange" for duration.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

We're very sorry to hear this and thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We have located your account and will be contacting you shortly to better understand your experience and to try to find a positive resolution to your concerns.

Original review: June 22, 2017

We contracted the remodel of our pool by Anthony and Sylvan (A&S) on July 5, 2011. This remodel included plastering the interior of the pool and spa and this plaster work was under a three-year warranty but the work wasn’t completed until 2012. On June 30, 2013, Bill wrote an email to Hart ** at A&S stating that the “Plaster on the seat [of the spa] was extremely rough, not smooth like it used to be. So rough, we couldn’t even sit on it. Very disturbing. Is it ruined? How could something like this occur?”

Hart replies, “Not to worry, spa plaster will be fine. Most likely from a fluctuation in the PH. Happens in spas sometimes over the winter. Keep the PH on the low side (7.0-7.2) by adding muriatic acid to the spa water. Then brush the areas a few times. Repeat brushing will help smooth. Then after return PH to normal range (7.2-7.6).” My husband’s worked over 5 hours to remove the “scale” (rough surface) and followed all the instructions as given and got the plaster smooth enough so we could use the spa that year.

In July 2013, we received another email from Hart regarding the rough spa surface that said, “Don’t worry. More than likely this issue won’t happen again.” UNFORTUNATELY, THIS SPA SCENARIO HAS REPEATED ITSELF IN 2014, 2015, 2016, AND NOW AGAIN IN 2017. This is not working and now the plaster is so damaged in the spa that it needs to be re-plastered. Our pool was built approximately 25 years before our remodel with A&S and not once in that 25 years did the spa EVER have a rough surface.

Evan at A&S said it would cost between $4,000-5,000 to re-plaster the spa and suggested sandblasting the finish to make it smooth because it would be cheaper. We tried to explain that the spa is too damaged for any more erosion of the finish to be helpful as there are now spots where the concrete is showing through. And that re-plaster should be under warranty since we’ve had difficulty with it every year since the remodel. Sean from A&S warranty says scale is not covered. We tried to file a BBB complaint but were told we are outside of warranty and over 12 months old. PLEASE BE WARNED! THIS COMPANY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUNAROUND. File a BBB complaint in the first year your plaster job goes south if you are foolish enough to use this company.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 28, 2017

Although it took way to many reminders and patience. My pool looks outstanding and all they have left to do is at the end of the year will put the Anthony and Silvan tile marker.

Hi David,

Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention and for allowing us the opportunity to work with you to resolve these concerns. We look forward to installing your Anthony & Sylvan Pools logo tile at a time that is convenient for you. Please contact me, directly, when you are ready.

Very Sincerely,

Owen

Customer Care

Original review: June 16, 2017

We originally contracted with them in the fall for our pool which was built by them 15 years ago... The shell started to crack and the coping and tiles were in need of repair. The sale person came out and showed us what was going to be done. In the fall they put in new coping which they had to come back in Spring to replace. They left my yard and garden a mess and broke two lights. In the Spring they came out and finished the inside of the pool and we had to have the district manager come out to make it right. We are now waiting and it's mid June for the Caulking between the patio and pool to be completed despite numerous calls and text to the company. One department doesnt talk to the other. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They make a great product but customer service is horrible.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

Thank you for sharing these concerns with us. We have located your account and will be reaching out to you shortly to better understand these concerns and to work with you to try to find a positive resolution.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I have a 30' by 50' cement pool that was renovated to a tile/plaster pool. There are over 20 walls with a small space between each wall that make up the walls of the in-ground pool. Anthony & Sylvan had a subcontractor group, who did not speak English come out to install the coping and plaster/tile work. Because of this, I could not communicate with them. After the first winter, there were cracks at every location where the walls underneath the plaster meet. They needed to be fixed and A.S. sent out a person to fill in the cracks and promised that it would solve the problem. Well obviously, it never solved the problem since the pool keeps leaking.

Every time I drain the pool for a repair, it costs thousands of dollars. After about 5 repairs, the A.S. engineer came out and said that he would never have plastered the pool without taking into consideration the joints/spaces between the walls. It was around that same time that A.S. said they would not keep coming out because the warranty was up. They made an engineering error by not considering the spaces between the walls and they just left me with a systemic and recurring problem which costs thousands of dollars every year to temporarily fix. This is not what a reputable company would do. They need to make it right, as it should have been from the start.

Insufficient response received

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

We're so sorry to hear this and thank you very much for bringing these concerns to our attention. We have located your account and will be contacting you shortly to discuss potential next steps to resolve your concerns.

Original review: June 14, 2017

A few months after losing my husband I bought my current home for my kids and I. I struggled with making the decision to take on such a huge investment and commitment myself as a newly widowed single Mom of 3. I wanted to give my kids a gift, something to help keep them busy, happy, something to bring friends and family over for fun times. So I contacted, set up multiple consultations, and in the end Anthony and Sylvan, and the project designer and manager had me sold. They were by no means the cheapest, but like they said I was paying for a life long investment, lifetime guarantee on concrete pool, having a project manager who is constantly on job site, great professionalism, executed on time project completion, and regular check ups after pool completion.

Not only did I fall for the sales pitch for a 20x40 concrete pool, but add-ons like tile, coping, and a diving board. What they did include was decking 3 foot on all 4 sides. I also had that upgraded to 10 foot of decking on shallow end and 6 ft on other 3 sides and 2 additional walkways. We signed, contacted and I put down my 1st payment of 3. The 1st week of my pool started on time, then the nightmare began. I was constantly on the phone texting, calling, emailing my designer and manager trying to find out why it's been weeks since any contractor or person has been to my house. I don't have the standard swim out in deep end, yet I never requested for any change in the swim out.

While the swim out was being formed I called my manager who said I had to hurry and decide while concrete guys were still there if I was going to pay and have them reframe and spray the standard swim out after the ground is excavated of course or if I'm going to leave it way it was. I was already way over expected budget so it stayed the same. Decking and sidewalk day finally arrived. The contractor said his orders were only for the original 3 ft that's included. I instantly showed my paperwork. I called manager. No answer. Contractor called him, got through instantly. I ended up writing a 8 thousand dollar check to get my sidewalks. The old ones I already had ripped out.

Since the pool was weeks behind schedule when the final step was scheduled to be completed I was to be in Florida, Disney family trip. I was promised, for the unfortunate inconveniences during construction, when I returned they would immediately send someone to show me how to operate the pool. I've never seen or heard from anyone since. I've had to pay other pool companies to open and close my pool. Anthony and Sylvan took what is a huge amount of money for me and then ignored, forgot, and left me with no knowledge on how to operate a single thing on what they sold me. I've never felt like just another "account number" before until this, especially when my designer knew my circumstances, why I was putting in a new pool.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

Thank you very much for bringing these concerns to our attention. We have located your account and will be contacting you shortly to better understand these concerns and to work with you to try to find a positive resolution.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Our retirement dream was to have an in-ground pool. We choose Anthony & Sylvan because of what we thought was a good reputation. We gave our first deposit on January 23rd, 2017 and today is June 12th, 2017 and we still do not have a completed pool. We were told the pool would be completed close to Memorial Day, now the 4th of July is around the corner and I am very doubtful we will be swimming in our dream.

Additionally, there has been a total lack of communication. We have made numerous phone calls, no one calls back within 24 hours like stated. You are lucky if you get a call within a week. We have also had the experience of work being scheduled for a specific day, but no one ever showed up. We called 4 different times that day, and no one even called us back. We have also had issues with the quality of the work, the gunite had to patched with hydraulic concrete because poor workmanship. Anthony & Sylvan has been disappointment.

Resolution response: June 2, 2017

In the spirit of good will, this review is marked as resolved.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

Thank you very much for bringing these concerns to our attention. We have located your account and will be contacting you shortly to better understand your experience and to try to find a positive resolution to your concerns.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I purchased my home in 2003. After searching for a company to do the work, I decided on Anthony & Sylvan because they were publicly traded and they had no issues coming to my city (Inglewood, CA). I should have ran when the designer went to the wrong address. Subsequently, once we had a reschedule and I met the consultant, I was sold. He was very nice and knowledgeable. That was before things took a turn for the worse.

The job was promised to be complete in 8 to 12 weeks. It started on October 1, 2003 and was not finished until June 2004. Before you ask, they were paid in full by November 2003. I never got the plumbing completed to fill the pool. They ran the lines but that was it; there are no water spigots any place near the pool and 14 years later, I am still dragging the water hose to put water in the pool. I have had issue after issue with equipment. First, the salt cell stopped generating after 2 years, Secondly, the pump went out after four years. Then the spa stopped working. Between all of this, was the vacuum, which has been replaced at least 7 times. I have replaced the motherboard on the heater 3 times and for the last year and a half, I have had no heater. I was told all of these, with the exception of the salt cell, would last for years! Nothing made it to 5 years. By the way, I just had to drag the water hose up to the pool to add water.

I know compared to Shaq O'Neal and Koby Bryant spending 100's of thousands on their landscape and pools, my 40+ thousand was a mere drop in the bucket. That does not dispel the fact that I should have received good products, good service, and most of all, exactly what I paid for. This review has come several years late and I am only submitting it today because I am extremely upset that once again, I will have to shell out money for the heater if I wish to enjoy the spa. Many have inquired who built my pool and spa. My answer was and remains, "I will help you find someone else!"

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had built a new home three years ago and considered having a pool shortly after we built it. We backed out and then we just started talking about it again and went shopping. I had gone online doing some research because I was working at less expensive alternatives. Anthony & Sylvan were one of the companies that would advertise to do the in the ground type shell pool and I wanted to get information on that. Turned out that they didn't really do that in Texas so I ended up talking to a salesperson and letting them come out and give me a bid on a full- length ground pool, which is what we really wanted. I had a great experience with Hannah and I thought that she really listened to me. We got to design more and paid more attention to details of what I was looking for. Price is within the budget that we were comfortable with so we decided to go forward.

The pool is free form. We worked to design to make it fit our landscape because we're in the country so it's kind of a special look. But what I really like about it is one of those little sun shelves. Those are the little shallow parts that you step into. Then with the design, we extended a little sitting bench on the side of it because we have young grandchildren and we're older. We weren't looking for a lap pool, we just want to get in there and get refreshed. So to be able to just kind of sit in there on the bench, it just fits our lifestyle. If it's really sunshiny and warm, I go out there with a book, sit by the pool, relax and breathe. I just love the aesthetics of it.

I gave them some harsher feedback on the scheduling though. I had to qualify that we don't live within the metropolitan area. Everything works a little different. Our scheduling was falling where the crew would show up on Saturday morning. They put out their schedule on Friday night so that did not work well for me. I gave them feedback on that because it's a fairly automated system and it's fine. So we woke up on Saturday morning because we got a crew out there at 6 AM and they were just there without the notification. It really was more automated that they did and it just happened that way. The day that they started ours and the way it's scheduled out so that was kind of a glitch. But they took the feedback really well and they understood what I was talking about so they were great.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

We're sorry to hear this and thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We have located your account and will be contacting you shortly to better understand your concerns and to try to find a positive resolution.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I have my pool built by Anthony and Sylvan Pools fall of 2016, it went smoothly to the end. But it left my drainage around the pool with water that stayed for days without any drainage capability, I have contacted the Project Manager right after the finish which is just a person without any responsibility or power and he responded that it will drain it by itself. Spring has come and I have tried several times to contact the salesperson (Mike **) and other persons in charge by emails and phone calls as well as the project manager for a month and nobody has responded back to me regarding the issues. I did mention to the salesperson about the drainage around my house at the time of signing the contract and he assured me that they will take good care of it. I am very unhappy about this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Anthony & Sylvan built our pool in 1971, so we went back to them for the renovation and they gave us a good price. The design consultant came out and he told us what we needed to do. He was very professional and friendly so we did it. They replaced the tile and picked some of the coping. I like the covers that they did on the pool.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Company Profile