Call toll free
4.71/5
Based on 407 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a premier builder of inground concrete and fiberglass swimming pools. Since 1946, we have designed and installed more than 370,000 pools for home owners all across the nation. Our pools are easy to maintain and built for life. With additions such as vanishing edges, raised spas and rock waterfalls your pool is an oasis in your backyard.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Gallery (9)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1477 Anthony & Sylvan Pools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Thirty years ago we’ve put in our pool through Anthony & Sylvan and two years ago we had our pool re-plastered also through them. Their staff is knowledgeable, courteous and they help me keep the pool in shape.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We’re very pleased and satisfied with Anthony & Sylvan. They put in my pool in 1963 and since then, we’ve been getting our supplies from them. They also remodeled the pool in 1995. We’re very pleased with the girl at Route 46 and since we’ve been dealing with her, we've have had no problems with our pool. There was another girl who has moved and got her own store, but she was also fantastic. One day, we walked into Anthony & Sylvan and they had a sale on the vacuum. The fellow there explained everything to us and was very helpful. We bought the vacuum and have had no problems with it since.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We’ve been going to Anthony & Sylvan for years. They also redid our pool about six years ago and and it has been great.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I saw Anthony & Sylvan on the road when I passed by, so I tried buying stuff from them for my pool needs. I haven't had problems dealing with them and they have a great staff there.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan has built my pool and I’m happy with them. It began with the guy who came for the estimate and rates, then the project manager and staff. The people in their store are totally knowledgeable and they take care of us immediately. They do the closing and opening of the pool each year. Also, they make it easy to get on parts to upgrade the system quickly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

Original review: July 30, 2018

I pass by Anthony & Sylvan Pools on the highway when I drive to work and I’ve been going there for years. Their reps are very courteous and helpful. They're also knowledgeable and say exactly what I need when my water chemicals are off.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Ian who works in the Anthony & Sylvan store is probably the most knowledgeable pool person I’ve ever dealt with. He would not rest until he found a way to help. He knew we were at the end of our rope with our Polaris and he fixed it.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I deal with Anthony & Sylvan for the closing of my pool, but I have another company open it. Anthony & Sylvan built my pool 15 years ago, then 10 years ago we had trouble with the pool which was under warranty and they serviced it. But the trouble happened again and I had somebody else service the pool because I didn’t like the way Anthony & Sylvan did it before. But as far as the store goes, there has been no problem. They test my water and I buy the chemicals from them. The rep that I dealt with at the store has been very knowledgeable and helpful. I've had a very good experience overall with this pool company.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan Pools was closer to my home than the other pool companies, so I got my pool supplies from them. I bought a Polaris and all my water testing supplies and chemicals in there. The first time I went with them, their pricing was less than the other pool suppliers. Ever since, I’ve been going there and I’ve been very satisfied. The manager, Ian, is such a nice person. If I don’t need something, he doesn’t try and sell it to me. When I first got my chemicals tested, the sales rep tried to sell me a lot of chemicals. But Ian said the chlorine had to settle down and I didn't need as much. He was right and the pool has been clean since then. When I bought the Polaris, he gave me a discount on it. Also, when I had something that broke, he fixed it for me right away and he didn’t charge me for the repair.

Original review: July 28, 2018

The quality of the pool by Anthony & Sylvan is good. The staff in the store are on top of any questions that I have when I go to get chemicals in opening the pool. They got everything I need and it's all good. However, the caulking around my pool pavers stain and it gets molds on after the cover is on it. It’s not pretty to look at and it’s tough to clean, so I wasn’t impressed with that service. But, the caulking does its job and it’s better than the styrofoam.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Our neighbor referred us to Anthony & Sylvan years ago when we were having a pool installed, and we're also using them now for all our supplies. Every time I ask a question with regard to my water or the algae or any other problem I’m having, the manager makes a recommendation to deal with the problem. He’s very good.

Original review: July 27, 2018

My pool is an Anthony & Sylvan pool. It was installed in 1987 so I want to use their products as best as I can even though I have less opening and closing. I’m 77 so I don’t have to clean it out, so there’s enough I have to do with our opening and closing. Their store staff has been knowledgeable. Through the years, I go there about three times a year and they’re always very polite. If I ordered a number of things, they offered to carry that to my car. They used to have a woman there who was very good because if I have some problems she could dissect what exactly the problem was and recommend such and such.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I searched on Google and realized that Anthony & Sylvan are local and they’ve been around for a while. So, I opted to go to their store for my pool supply needs. Their rep, Kirsten, is knowledgeable in both chemistry and products. I would totally recommend Anthony & Sylvan.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan staff were always helpful. They’re very courteous too and they wait on me right away.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan is very local to where I live and they give me good service. They test my waters and they give me a good synopsis to what I need for the pool.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The staff of Anthony & Sylvan Pools was very knowledgeable. They were able to fix my problem. They were able to diagnose my chemicals issue. I had very high nitrate and I wasn’t able to get the algae out of my pool and the staff gave me instructions on how to do that and now my pool is crystal clear. I’m happy with the experience.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan put in my pool and they do routine maintenance on my pool. If I need my joints filled in and things like that, they do that stuff. The manager, Ian, is the genius behind the store and he knows what he is talking about. He helps everyone and he is courteous. Everybody loves him. Everyone is usually frustrated when they come in there and there is always something going on with their pool, but he is very knowledgeable and he will always try to help you.

When I bring my water for testing and put in my information, the computer sometimes gives out more chemicals and more things than I actually need. But when I spoke with my maintenance person that maintains the pool, he said that I don't need all those stuff and that I only needed a fraction of what was on the sheet. So, when I went back and told Ian or the staff there, I asked why the computer was telling me that we needed so much stuff. He said that the computer is basing it on what they see as a problem, so they’ll know what is actually necessary. Sometimes, I feel like the computer is giving out stuff for us to buy and that is what it is set up to do. It tells me that I need a lot of things even though sometimes I really don’t need it, and that’s what I don’t like. But their staff is good.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I've been going to Anthony & Sylvan and I buy pool equipment there. They got a lot of experience in managing a pool correctly. They've had a couple of young good kids in there and they have a positive attitude. If they don't know the answer, they'll go out and find the answer for me. Their store manager, in cooperation with their staff, was acting more of a neighbor than a manager for the last couple of years. And in a lot of ways, I truly believe that he's looking to help with the best interest possible.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built our pool in 1992 and I also go to them frequently. They’ve been helping me with the problem with my pool presently and their instruction has been helpful. I like dealing with them. They're all very helpful and knowledgeable.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I have an Anthony & Sylvan pool and I’ve been going to their store in Fairfield, New Jersey for a number of years. Also, I just had the pool re-plastered by Anthony & Sylvan and their reps were helpful. When the construction process was going on, they communicated on a fairly frequent basis to get me up to date on the progress and what was gonna happen. But after the plaster was finished, there was some yellowing and the people that contacted me from Anthony & Sylvan was supposed to have someone come out and take a look but that never happened. It’s not a very large area but it happened almost instantly after plastering was completed.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built and installed my pool. I also use their retail services and I like the knowledge and helpfulness of their reps. Plus, the communication is done very well. And every time I go there and I have questions, they answer my questions thoroughly and give me resolutions to any problems that I might be having with the pool. I find their information be very useful and I’m very pleased with the level of support I get at their store.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan installed our pool about 15 years ago and I normally get them when I need something for my pool. They’re very helpful about testing the water and they tell me what I need to put in it or if I have to put some chemicals in it to balance it properly. Anytime I go to their location if I’m buying some supplies, they treat me well and work the things I need fast.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan put my pool originally. I also go to their store and their reps are very knowledgeable and helpful. Last year, I had algae in the pool and they recommended what to do and it was perfect. I also had a crack in my pool and the guy who fixed it did a fantastic job. I’m always happy and satisfied when I go to Anthony & Sylvan. Their staff is always wonderful.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The Anthony & Sylvan store is in a convenient location and their staff are very helpful.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I go to Anthony & Sylvan's store to buy stuff or ask for advice and everything was always done satisfactorily.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan had a good reputation. They still do. And that was enough fro us to choose them over others for pool services. They also built the pool for us. They’re very friendly and they give us good and accurate results.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We bought our pool from Anthony & Sylvan. And the guy that runs the store up on Route 9 is extremely knowledgeable about everything about pools. When you ask him, he knows. Everyone there is also wonderful. They do great work and always help me if I have any questions. That’s also where I go to check the water and if I have any issues. When I had a problem with the heater, I asked them where the plug is and they told me about it. They tell me anything. They also tell me what I need to do to keep the pool running clean. So, I’m very happy with them. But they don’t close pools and they don't do openings. All they do is chemicals.

Original review: July 14, 2018

The staff at Anthony & Sylvan are knowledgeable and helpful. If I have a question, they know what they're talking about and they help me find what I need in the store. But they need some more people in the store 'cause they don't answer their phone when they're busy.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I usually buy my chemicals at Anthony & Sylvan and they're always so helpful. They always seem to have everything that I need, like if I have a problem and I tell them, they make suggestions for materials since they have it available for me to purchase them. They also have things that I need that other stores don't have. Every time I go in, I get good service and I'm very happy.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I got my pool from Anthony & Sylvan and I've been using their opening and closing services. Anthony & Sylvan has been professional.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Anthony & Sylvan is a pool company that has been in business since 1946. It installs pools and does regular maintenance and cleaning. The company is known for its unique and custom pool design and it offers a lifetime structural warranty.

• Variety: Anthony & Sylvan installs a wide variety of pools, including concrete and fiberglass pools.

• Vanishing edges: It can install "infinity pools" -- pools the appear as though they don't have any edges.

• Add-ons: Anthony & Sylvan can install many add-ons, such as sunken barbecue pits near the pool, beach entries, rock waterfalls, spillways and more.

• Experience: The company has been in business for nearly 70 years and has worked on over 370,000 pools.

• National availability: Anthony & Sylvan provides pool services to people across the country and can work closely with consumers to give them exactly the pool they want.

• Best for: Homeowners, business owners, pool owners and property managers that are looking for a custom pool design.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Doylestown
PA
www.anthonysylvan.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business