Call toll free
4.72/5
Based on 331 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a premier builder of inground concrete and fiberglass swimming pools. Since 1946, we have designed and installed more than 370,000 pools for home owners all across the nation. Our pools are easy to maintain and built for life. With additions such as vanishing edges, raised spas and rock waterfalls your pool is an oasis in your backyard.

1380 Anthony & Sylvan Pools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan put our pool in over 20 years ago and we use them to take care of pool services like the resurfacing we did a few years ago. Their reps are informative and courteous. We’re also having our pool filter put in and they're supposed to be out today.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built my pool and I've stayed with them for six years now. I've used their Platinum service and I've also had them do some work on the tiles. Whatever I need, they're the only people I call. I like their flexibility, attention to detail and their response time. They're excellent.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The landscaper, Eagle Wings Business Network, was putting in a patio for us and when we decided to put in a pool, Anthony & Sylvan was recommended to us. I liked working with Van, who was Anthony & Sylvan’s supervisor of our project. Any time we had a question, he would answer in a decent amount of time. We had the opening and the closing of the pool done and for everything that their team came out for, I've been here the whole time.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I’ve been associated with Anthony & Sylvan Pools for the past 12 years or so. Every year, they come out and do the opening and closing of my pool. They’re pretty experienced in what they do and give good service which is what I’m pretty impressed with. I've asked their reps about how much chlorine should I be adding from time to time or if I had to backwash it and put DE into the filter, and they were pretty efficient in answering that. I’ve been very satisfied with the service that Anthony & Sylvan provides every year.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We’ve used Anthony & Sylvan in the past. We started using them because our pool, which is an older one, is an original Sylvan pool. We've used them for seasonal opening and closing. They also did a pool renovation for us last summer and they installed a pool heater for us this summer. They’ve been very professional and responsive when we place a call. They come out when they say they’ll be there and complete the work as expected. And they always leave things very neat and clean. We’ve been happy with the work they did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

Original review: June 20, 2018

We have been using Anthony & Sylvan Pools for years. They built the original pool 69 and they were also part of re-plastering the pool about 10 years or so ago. We always go to their stores, use their own chemicals and have the water tested. We use them only if there's a problem. They are easy to work with and I also like their knowledge. Also, whenever I have some questions about the pressure and about some upkeep chemicals, they have been helpful. However, the only disappointment that we have had is buying a pool tarp to winterize the pool that has been very thin. They do not make them like they used to anymore. Nevertheless, Joe, who opened the pool, Sid, the guy at the store, and everybody has been great. Nobody has stirred us in the wrong direction.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Our neighbors who have pools told us about Anthony & Sylvan and I got them for the opening and closing of my pool. They have a lady in the office in the service department who's very responsive. When I first opened the new pool, the guy who did it was extremely helpful. He was very pleasant to call in and would give me advice. Overall, I had a good experience with Anthony & Sylvan and I'd recommend them to friends.

Original review: June 19, 2018

A few years ago Anthony & Sylvan had a promotion and I called them and set up their services. They have been doing the opening and closing of my pool for the last three years now. I have an ongoing contract with them so I don't have to remember that I have them set up. It makes it easy for me because I'm not a young fellow anymore. They are nice and friendly young people. I've always gotten along very well with them. Also they've always come on time and done a good job. I can't ask for any more than that.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We use Anthony & Sylvan for openings, closings and equipment maintenance. They were also the builders of the pool. I just call them up and make an appointment then they come down. They do the job right and price me correctly.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built our pool and we also used them to maintain all sorts of equipment and to replace the heater, valve and recently, the pump. In addition, we like that they describe what's going on, they raise any concerns that they have and they tell us if we need any proactive follow-up action. If they want us to take care of it, they will automatically add that to our service recorded. We used other vendors for opening and closing in the first three years, but we did not find them as reliable and consistent in service as Anthony & Sylvan especially when it comes to setting up an appointment and keeping the date and the time.

We bought our heater about two years ago and we had a problem that could be related to where our property is situated with the wind. They came out recently and put a wind guard in, changed a piece of the equipment so that it operates more consistently and they did that at no expense because they wanted to back up my heater purchase.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The Anthony & Sylvan people are good at getting back to me. I heard about this company through a mailer and chose them for their reputation. I have a weekly cleaning service with them and they open and close my pool. They also redid my pool. They are professional, polite and helpful.

Original review: June 18, 2018

When I was looking for someone to maintain the pool, I decided that I would go with the folks that had installed it 15 years ago. Anthony & Sylvan would know the most about the pool. We've used them for opening and weekly maintenance and then we’ll also close. Aside from that, they’ve done some repair work. They installed a new chlorinator and something else for the bath filter.

My favorite thing is how beautiful my pool looks. Second to that, every single person that I’ve dealt with so far has been phenomenal. They’re courteous and informative when they come and do stuff on the pool for me. I was just raving to my daughter about them yesterday. And whenever I call, the team that answers is courteous. I’ve dealt with a couple of other pool companies where I didn't really get a return call. But with Anthony & Sylvan, if I leave a message, they call me right back and answer my questions. They’re terrific to deal with and I've been so impressed. It’s been a wonderful experience.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a local company and a friend of mine, Neil, works for them and referred me to them, and I reached out to them to get a pool. We used their services originally for a pool installation in 2002 and we've used them too for yearly openings and closings, as well as for repair work over the course of the years. I had a coping problem that was hard to nail down and they came out every year and tried to fix it. They finally did a resolution and I was very happy last year when they came out and made the repair on the coping. They did a phenomenal job and they went all out at very minimal cost. I like Anthony & Sylvan's attention to detail and their professionalism, not only with the work that they do but with the people that they employ.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan had the best price at the time and their salesman was excellent. However, they came to open the pool up and the light didn't work. They're supposed to order one of the lights and I haven't heard back in four weeks. I'm with Anthony & Sylvan by default, not because I think it's the greatest thing in the world but because everybody else charges the same price and there's no competition out there that I see. They all essentially do the same thing. On the other hand, individually, Anthony & Sylvan have some great people. Some of the techs that come out here and some of their people when I call on the phone are excellent.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built my pool and we also use them for opening and closing. The folks that I deal with, mostly in the scheduling, know me pretty well and that’s nice. When I’ve had close interaction with the guy such as in opening and closing, they're knowledgeable and easy to work with as well.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I’ve been a long-time customer of Anthony & Sylvan and they were very easy to work with. I’ve used them for the construction, opening and closing of the pool. I’ve had interactions with the salesperson, the project manager and the opening and closing crew and everything went extremely well.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan did the original installation of my pool and I'm also using their services for opening and closing. They're very through.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan was the original construction contractor and the service that I used 20-something years ago. Right now, I use them for opening and closing our pool, as well as replacing some of the equipment that needed replacing as far as the pump and the filter. I find them reliable and trustworthy compared to some of the other contractors that I've had. Also, the technicians that come out are very courteous and very knowledgeable of what my needs may be.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had the pool put in by Anthony & Sylvan and we continued with the service as we move forward. We've had all of our opening and closings for the last four years with them. Also, we purchased a heater from them which they installed. Up until recently, I had a problem with them returning phone calls but they've gotten much better on that. They respond and that's the main thing. Everything has been okay and they're pretty good.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We've had a pool for 17 years and we have Anthony & Sylvan's pool services for opening and closing, and equipment maintenance. I wish, though, that the technicians would have a little more verbalization with us about what’s going on when they come out. For instance, they said our heater needed cleaning and they’d do it when they come back, but I wasn’t here and they just left a note. But other than that, they’re a good company and their technician, Vince, did a great opening and closing for us.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We have an Anthony & Sylvan pool which was installed about 40 years ago and we use the company for closing. This year, we had to have the pool re-plastered. My husband takes care of the pool but he has been in the hospital. So, it has been me with the assistance of everybody from Anthony & Sylvan showing me how to take care of this pool. Two guys have been here to open the pool for me and put in the new ladder. Also, I've been at the store in Doylestown every other day for the last three weeks. So, they've been great.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Our pool is under Anthony & Sylvan’s warranty since they built it. And we've had them for opening and closing the pool and some repairs. Scheduling and talking to them when they’re out here has been fine.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have excellent service from Anthony & Sylvan. They built my concrete pool and I also use them to close and open it. They are very polite when they come to my house. I even read up on how they’ve become Anthony & Sylvan with the owners. That was interesting, the whole arrangement that I had with them building the pool.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built our pool and they also do the opening and closing services. I like that their team is very good about communicating what needs to be done and what's still remaining. Their scheduling is very efficient and timely too. However, they don't always tell us all the information that we need to know to manage the pool. We didn’t know about the saline and automation and an iPad or an arc point pad is used to start the saline up and buttons were pushed on the control by the pool. However, those were not working so I called for technician support.

In addition, we had a couple of defects after the representatives came back and acid-washed the pool. We had Jeremy come out and take a look at the pool. He told me that the holes need to be fixed. It was before closing the pool last year and nobody has come to talk to us about how they're gonna fix those hiccups since. Other than that, Anthony & Sylvan has worked adequately.

Original review: June 15, 2018

A friend of mine recommended Anthony & Sylvan and I used their services to open our pool. The interactions I've had with them are mostly good but yesterday, they never showed up when they're supposed to do a salt system.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have been buying my chemicals from Anthony & Sylvan for quite some time and I was not pleased with my previous service provider, so I gave them a shot. It’s worked out well. I've used their opening and closing services and tomorrow, I’m replacing my filter through them. I really like that with Anthony & Sylvan, I don’t have to worry about what they’re gonna do. They’re gonna do what they tell me they’re gonna do. Everything has been very positive. Anthony & Sylvan's team is very professional and courteous.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We’ve had our pool for 50 years and we’ve always used Anthony & Sylvan. They’ve renovated the pool. They’ve opened and closed the pool. And they come for service if I need it. The people are great. They answered all my questions and explained everything to me. I’ve always had a good experience from the renovators to the people at the retail store. They’re always very helpful. It’s really great.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Our pool was made by Anthony & Sylvan and we also used them for opening service and equipment replacement. The actual pool service person, Ben, was excellent. In the past, we used Anthony & Sylvan for a renovation of our pool and we also recently recommended somebody else to get on their schedule.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Anthony & Sylvan built our pool. We've used them for seasonal opening and closing services too. They know the pool and they’re pretty quick at coming out and fixing something if there’s a problem. They’re also very easy to work with.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Since I moved to this new house where we have the pool. I’ve been using Anthony & Sylvan for opening, closing and purchasing of all my chemicals. The staff is friendly, and the store nearby and being able to schedule the opening and closing online are convenient. In the past, we made a purchase and the wrong order was placed for that. We had to go back and forth quite a bit in order to get that resolved but the manager at that time was responsive and helped resolve that issue effectively.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Anthony & Sylvan is a pool company that has been in business since 1946. It installs pools and does regular maintenance and cleaning. The company is known for its unique and custom pool design and it offers a lifetime structural warranty.

• Variety: Anthony & Sylvan installs a wide variety of pools, including concrete and fiberglass pools.

• Vanishing edges: It can install "infinity pools" -- pools the appear as though they don't have any edges.

• Add-ons: Anthony & Sylvan can install many add-ons, such as sunken barbecue pits near the pool, beach entries, rock waterfalls, spillways and more.

• Experience: The company has been in business for nearly 70 years and has worked on over 370,000 pools.

• National availability: Anthony & Sylvan provides pool services to people across the country and can work closely with consumers to give them exactly the pool they want.

• Best for: Homeowners, business owners, pool owners and property managers that are looking for a custom pool design.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs