toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Since we built the house and moved here in 2009, we've wanted to have a pool. My girlfriend had a networking group and knew the Anthony & Sylvan salesman. We interviewed many people, many companies and we loved Anthony & Sylvan's salesmen and foreman. Their project manager was awesome. He was always quick to get back to us if we ever had a question. We designed the pool ourselves. It was a free-form pool. It has a spa, a tanning shelf and a table with a bench around it. I like everything about it. A lot of people love the table. The spa and the beach entry were very inviting. We do a lot of entertaining and people just love it.

My parents did a pool with Anthony & Sylvan. Then I got them to construct our 40 by 20 rectangular pool with overspills and a raised spa. I had an issue with the pool but the project manager was very helpful. I like the size of the pool and the Jacuzzi. I enjoy it with my family and my kids.

I would definitely recommend Anthony & Sylvan to a friend. My project manager, Ray, was here every step of the way and answered every questions I had. He followed through with everything that he said he was gonna do. After the pool was paid for, I did have some minor issues. I told him I need them fixed and he always came through and finished the job even after the initial install was already done. Patti who took care of the scheduling was also right on top of my questions. Everything went flawlessly. They happened exactly when she said they were gonna happen.

We heard about Anthony & Sylvan through a friend and we decided to choose them based on reputation and more on price. Our pool is a free-form with a spa that goes over into the pool. I like the overall aesthetic of the pool, the way it fits into the yard and also the spa. We interacted frequently with the project manager throughout the design process in figuring out what we wanted. And as far as scheduling goes, everything was done in a timely manner. We got calls, had a good time, there's been a reasonable amount of time to get the pool scheduled and done. Overall, I like being able to let my children enjoy it, watching the friends enjoy it and complete our weekend for the summer.

Arn is very knowledgeable and efficient. Everybody at Anthony & Sylvan did what they said they were going to do when they said they were gonna do it. There was no real hiccups. The service has been great, and everything about it has been brilliant. The pool looks fantastic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

I had wanted a pool for a couple of years. We called several pool companies and talked to friends who recommended Anthony & Sylvan which we ended up going with because of their pricing and warranty. My project manager, David, went above and beyond customer service. Even here lately, I've had a few questions and he was on top of them with the answers that I needed. My pool has been completed since July. I've recommended the company to a friend.

When the salesperson from Anthony & Sylvan came, he gave me the best information and I was happy with how he presented the company's products. I got a diving pool that is 20 by 41 and 8 and a half feet deep. It has a spa on it, a swim-out, and a front deck. It fits in the backyard and was designed very well. I'm enjoying my time in the backyard and with my family. We got everything we wanted when I was shopping through them and I have maintenance on it as well.

When I had my first meeting with the project manager, he gave me his card and his phone number. For any problems or concerns, I called him. He stepped out either that day or the next day. He also did his own visits and came out five times during the whole time. He also sent me updates. With the scheduling team, everybody came. They would give me a call the night before or two days before to let me know people were confirmed or not confirmed. They really kept me aware of what was going to happen with the pool and the timeframe that they were on.

I had my pool done by Anthony & Sylvan since they are a bigger name and more nationwide. I love being able to enjoy it with my family and its tanning ledge is my favorite. However, the scheduling was the worst thing of all. Workers came once a week and didn't know what was going on. I had to send several emails at a time to follow up.

An Anthony & Sylvan consultant came to my house and it was an excellent experience. They gave me lots of different choices and cost rates based on my and my family's lifestyle, then they gave us an opportunity to make our own choices. A woman called me on the day they were coming to let me know exactly what they do there. They arrived on time and did their renovation work exactly as I was told and they departed it exactly as I was told. Everything was perfectly on schedule and my granite pool this past summer was like it was brand new.

Anthony & Sylvan has a good reputation, so we had them build our free-form pool with a waterfall. I like that it's in my yard, and it's available all the time. Our project manager, David, was outstanding and our experience with them has been top-notch.

We have our rectangle pool made by Anthony & Sylvan. It has a waiting deck on the top and three fountains on the waiting area. I'm really enjoying the in-floor cleaner that they put in. We live in a lot of pine trees and oak trees, so it's constant needles and this thing takes care of it. We have the ozone. They use less chemicals so it's a good thing to put in there. As for the reps, they were all great. They answered the calls, showed up when they said they would and helped us with any problems that we had.

My brother-in-law had a pool built by Anthony & Sylvan about five years ago, and we got them to build a pool for us, too. Our pool has an Anthony & Sylvan design. It's not just a rectangular pool since Anthony & Sylvan doesn't like to build something that's simple. So, our pool has got a couple of waves in it, a sun shelf at the shallow end, and a spa.

The salesman did a heck of a job when we sat down with him before we ever got started building the pool. The project manager was really good to work with and the scheduling person is probably the top person there. But it took so long to get the pool built. There were a number of delays and issues so I haven't used the pool yet and didn't get to enjoy it as much as I wanted to this past summer. However, I look forward to using it a lot next summer. Having a pool here in South Carolina helps us get over the heat in the summer.

I've been wanting to have a pool for three months now. So when a friend of mine gave me Anthony & Sylvan's number, I had them work on my geometric pool. Its quality and workmanship are good. There was one time wherein we had a few days delay because of the weather. But other than that, everything was on time.

When we built our new house, we wanted a pool because we had a pool in our last house and Anthony & Sylvan was the only reputable people around that we knew. Our pool is kidney-shaped with stairs without a spa and I like that it is low maintenance. However, the scheduling team didn’t meet the initial date that they estimated but they were very friendly in coordinating a revised date and eventually showing up because there was a weather problem this spring.

We have wanted a new pool for seven years and I had chosen five manufacturers or installers and narrowed it down to two. Anthony & Sylvan was the top two and I decided to go with them because of their years in business. This is the first time I’ve ever had a pool built and it was a big task. Even so, they addressed any issues that I had right away. I’d send a picture or an email when I had an issue and I would get a response and we would talk it through and get it resolved. We have a free-form custom pool that we’re enjoying. I had the plan and I had the idea in my mind for the last three years. Although it doesn’t have a spa, our favorite thing about it is the fact that we're able to get in and swim in it. We’ve been having friends and family over. I've even put in a solar heater system that’s allowed us to extend our swim period. It’s the fun family social value that we get out of having a pool.

We just moved into the house and got a pool as soon as we moved in. We shopped around on the internet, read customer reviews, and looked at people’s pictures that they posted on the website. We got a couple of estimates and design ideas from different companies and Anthony & Sylvan seems to be the best one for us. Our project manager was Skye and he was super informative and was always there checking on the project. He kept us informed every step of the way of what was next, what had to be done, and whatnot. Pretty much everything was on schedule as he said. It was convenient. We got a geometric pool with a spa and our favorite features are the lighting, the decking, the tile, and pretty much all of it.

We heard about Anthony & Sylvan when we actually started looking into purchasing a pool for our home. We went through a period of time where we thought, we'll put in a pool when we move. But when we decided to stay, Anthony & Sylvan was very quick to come and meet us on both times I called them. The salespeople were very professional and answered all of our questions promptly, which was a big deal for us. I also didn't feel like there was any lingo that was a gray area.

It was our first pool and we've been looking forward to doing it for 10 years. We got a free-form pool with a bar stool inside and a bar area on the outside of the pool, exactly where we wanted it for entertaining. We also have a sunning deck and a couple of bubblers that come up out of that shallow area where the kids enjoy playing. During the warmer months, my kids are gonna have their friends over and we're gonna get to enjoy watching them play. We'll also know where they are and who they're with. We're also looking forward to being able to enjoy our pool as a family. I also like knowing that at the end of the day, especially on a hot or busy day, I just have to go out the back door if I wanted to relax in the pool.

Anthony & Sylvan was able to incorporate the pool into the landscape since we had a bit of hardscape already in the back patio. The pool looks great with our existing patio, which has lower and upper areas. They were able to put the pool right where we wanted it, something that other pool companies were unwilling to do. The others wanted to push the pool back and add a lot more decking. However, we wanted to have as much of our yard with grass as we could.

We had crazy rain during the process of the project so the work had some delay. At the same time, Dan the project manager was also getting married and needed to go on a honeymoon. But he managed to pull off the job well. He was very honest with us about time frames. He never made a promise that he wasn't gonna be able to fulfill or legitimately try. We really appreciated that. He also always got back to us if we had questions, whether it was a text, email or phone call. When he said he was coming, he was there. Furthermore, he saw things that we didn't, like a slope that he didn't like. It delayed the process a little bit but I felt like it was important to Anthony & Sylvan and to him to make sure that they got it right, rather than getting it done. We liked that as well.

The scheduler also did a pretty good job. However there were a couple of times that we got the emails that were sent out two days after Dan already returned from his vacation. I don't know if that was a computer error since it seems like an automated message. But usually if we called for our questions, they're really good about answering and letting us know a time when we could expect the workers since sometimes we needed to be at the house to let the workers in and put the dogs away.

When we first met our project manager from Anthony & Sylvan, he was very friendly, informative, personable and told us a lot about the pool. We have a kidney-shaped pool. It is 350 square feet with a large patio around and a waterfall. We also have the propane to heat it in the summertime to even warmer, so I love it. We had a deck built, too. With all the work, it was a really good workmanship. I'm looking forward to having parties, entertain outdoors, and the daily use of my new pool.

I heard about Anthony & Sylvan through some friends and chose them for our pool because of their warranty. Our pool is free-form with a waterfall and a hot tub for 12. That's really cool because it's set up on a hill overlooking our ranch and the hot tub is overlooking the farm. The waterfall is my favorite thing. We’re out here in the country so it’s got all the big rocks and boulders, and they used the flagstone a lot. We built a home that looks like a mountain lodge, so the waterfall goes right with our home. Everybody that came to see the waterfall loves it. However, I had a hard time getting a hold of my project manager for the most part, so I wasn’t pleased with all that. I had to ride him pretty hard to get something done. But generally, the scheduling lady got everything on time.

My husband and I have been waiting to get a pool for 37 years and now that we moved to Delaware, we can have one. So I went to a local company and made an appointment for them to come out and give me an estimate, but he stood us up. When he called to tell me that he was in a meeting and he was delayed, I told him not to bother. Then I went back online and found Anthony & Sylvan. But it was my realtor who recommended them because she had a pool done by them.

Everything went pretty smooth with the project manager and scheduling team. There were a couple of glitches but my project manager, Frank, was fantastic. He pulled everything together and made sure that I could email him if I had a problem. He lives in town and he would come or stop over and make sure everything was okay. He checked on every phase. When there was a hold up on the fencing, he took care of that so it was really good. Everyone I spoke to was very helpful. We had a lot of rain and even though mine was one of the earliest pools, it took longer because of the rain and it put off everything. Like everything else, we have to wait for the weather.

Ours is a 14 by 30 foot rectangular pool with stairs at one end, a railing, and a ladder at the other end. It’s seven feet deep and the shallow end is four feet. It has a cobalt blue tile on the edging. We have a patio and a fenced-in area around it. There's also a deck in the fenced-in area. It’s beautiful and I’ve had a lot of compliments. Everybody loves this pool. It’s in my backyard and I can go in any time I like. I have a long season in Delaware and I can use my pool from the end of April to October. It’s also bringing my family in as they’ve come to visit almost every weekend. The pool's wonderful to have as a social gathering place. I like having the family down and enjoying being able to grill on the patio where I have a nice swing and lots of chairs. In fact, even when the pool was too cold to swim, we sat around it and had a glass of wine. It was lovely and really beautiful.

Insufficient response received

Anthony & Sylvan Pools

Thank you very much for bringing these concerns to our attention. We have located your account and will be contacting you shortly to better understand your concerns and to try to find a positive resolution to your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Anthony & Sylvan had better reviews than local pool contractors in the area and they are a nationally-known name so we got them to build us a free-form pool with a spa. We like the spa feature as well as the wading rocks. Their people were very good in the beginning, but once we had made all of our payments and the contractors were paid in full, although the pool wasn't complete at that point, we began to have difficulty with the scheduler. It also became extremely difficult to get the remaining issues resolved. We had to bring the salesman back in to work on our behalf to get the last remaining things completed.

I searched on numerous companies and I went with Anthony & Sylvan because of referrals from other people and the reviews of other individuals through customer satisfaction surveys and the Better Business Bureau. We got a free-form pool and my favorite thing about it is the hot tub. I also like that it provides recreation for my kids. The project went pretty much as scheduled and planned. They laid out everything for us and things went as smooth as I had imagined they would.

My pool is free-form without spa from Anthony & Sylvan. I like that it brings our family together. It's very nice to have in the summer time for relaxing and having friend over. We ran into a few minor incidents with the Anthony & Sylvan staff like on the weather or somebody cancelled and it took a little longer than what I was told but, overall, the quality is good. Then about halfway they got a new project manager. He was young, attentive, and responsive. It seemed like he was learning the ropes. When I went to the higher-up, he was very helpful and he got back to me relatively quickly, whether via email or phone.

We heard about Anthony & Sylvan through a friend and we interviewed him. It took us about a year to make a decision. The gentleman who came out was professional and he was really responsive. They delivered everything they promised. They were here on time and followed through on what that they said the price they said they were going to do it for. They followed up, made sure the job was done right and the contractors were great. We liked the idea of having a pool in the backyard and we also like that it's heated. The whole family enjoys it.

We were considering moving and buying a house with a pool over the last few years and we finally decided to move last year. We were not able to find a house with a pool that we like so we bought a house and we decided to build a pool ourselves. We did an internet search for reputable pool companies and Anthony & Sylvan came up as a nationwide company that had relatively close local branches.

I like the overall look of the pool. When the sun hits the coping, tile-work, and the court finish inside, the pool gives a really beautiful blue color that is exactly what we were looking for. It is a free-form pool that’s about 21,000 gallons. It was the design of Anthony & Sylvan and we were able to choose the depth and the length and scale it up to the size that we wanted. It’s a standard shallow-end and not-quite-deep-end. It’s 6.5 ft. so not dive-legal but deep enough to dive if one really so chose to.

The interactions we had with our project manager, Jomar, were on a regular basis via phone and in-person. He was very hands-on and easy enough to get a hold of. Any concerns are usually addressed within the day, sometimes immediately. I would definitely recommend working with a project manager like him versus someone who just answers the phone and that’s it. We had a couple of hiccups because I have had a little bit of problems with some of the sub-contractors, but they’re clearly resolved without issues. I would definitely work with Anthony & Sylvan again.

My neighbor built a pool and she told me that she was very happy with Anthony & Sylvan, and that's why I called them, and we had them install a pool for us. The project manager and scheduling team were very professional. They always answered my questions, gave us advice, and were always into the schedule. They were amazing. Our pool has a lagoon shape, a spa, and a waterfall. It's not saltwater, but a combination of saltwater and chlorine. They explained to us that it's now the new thing and better for our skin and hair. I love the spa. What I like about my pool is I can invite people over and we can share, and we can easily do summer in my backyard.

I've heard of Anthony & Sylvan pools 30-plus years ago. Then my in-law's neighbor had recently had them for the pool. I got one myself and I like the color of the cement on it. My interactions with their team have been pretty much all positive.

Anthony & Sylvan originally built our swimming pool in 1997. We recently had them renovate our pool for the coping and the tiles. I got four bids for the pool renovation and there were a lot of private companies who wanted our business, but Anthony & Sylvan worked with me and they even matched the competitor's price. Working with a big company, I knew we had to go back to Anthony & Sylvan. We liked the design consultant who worked for them. He's very knowledgeable and he has been in the pool business for 40 years. He used to build pools, so he knows what he's talking about. It was good working with him. He returned every phone call I made to him and explained everything to us.

Anthony & Sylvan did a full renovation of our pool. All the tiles have been replaced. They tore off the coping and rebuilt the wall where the coping is on, and they also did the piece of caulking behind the coping. We have a raised spa that the waterfall goes into, and they rebuilt all that. The construction guys from the company that Anthony & Sylvan subcontracted to were great and did an awesome job. I only have a lot of good things to say about them. They were quick, in-and-out, and clean. Everything worked out excellent and I'd use them again.

We did a special order tile because we didn't like anything in the book. Even when we built our pool originally, we used a special order tile. We finally realized that the special order tile that we ordered was not what we were getting. Compared to what we had picked, the tile that we received was terribly off. I get that the tile we picked was a discontinued tile but the tile company didn’t tell Anthony & Sylvan. Tiles had to be obtained from four or five other locations that had samples, and 29 pieces were needed to get the job done.

It took four shipments to get the tiles correct. When the construction guys came to do the work, they had to come back four times because every time they came out, it was the incorrect tile. It was very frustrating dealing with the manager in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. The correct tile finally came out of California with the fourth shipment. A lot of phone calls had to be made and a job that should have taken just a week took almost five weeks until the correct special order tile was delivered, but we finally got this issue worked out and our renovated pool turned out great.

It's a beautiful pool, a free-form with 300 sq. ft. If you're in the pool, it looks fine. You can put a generic tile on the pool and it doesn't look nice. We have something different right at the area of the pool out there -- retaining walls made out of stone, and the colors of the tile are a burgundy and a brown. The pool pulls up all the colors on the retaining walls. So, the tiles make the pool.

I'd recommend Anthony & Sylvan to a friend. They're very good, with a gentle eye. But when I leave a message for someone, and they don't get back to me or return my calls, it gets me upset. Towards the end of the project, when I needed some answers, I called the design consultant, but he never returned my call. This was frustrating for me because that was when we had an issue with the special order tile coming in correct. After calling Anthony & Sylvan seven or eight times, they did pick up and gave excuses why they didn't return my phone calls. They finally got electrified after dealing with quite a few people. Nevertheless, Anthony & Sylvan took care of me. They gave me a gift card for $600 to the store. Then they gave me $500 off from my bill on the special order tile. They're a great company.

I had a pool before for years and I had to redo it. I did a bunch of research on pool companies. In the pool industry, there isn’t a big difference on pricing and pool companies come and go, but not Anthony & Sylvan Pools. Basically that's the bottomline. So we got them to install our pool, which is a 16x32 concrete rectangular pool with heater. Anthony & Sylvan finished it in July and they did a really nice job. The project manager is a guy in Jessup and he was outstanding and always kept in touch. But the project management or scheduling team could be hit-or-miss at times only because they didn't always tell me when people were going to show up. Apart from that, I like that our pool is done. Having a redone pool with all-new equipment is very nice. I would recommend them!

We had Anthony & Sylvan make a free-form pool with mineral water system. We chose them due to their high consumer ratings. I like the sun shelf the best, it's a really nice feature. They also have a very responsive team. They have a nice system setup, having a very integrated piece of software that communicates and logs all their visits. There were are few bumps in the project road that were not the most pleasant, but they were dealt with ultimately and I have been pleased with them overall. I'm looking forward to relax by the pool every day in the summer.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Company Profile