1.5/5 (31 ratings)

About Premier Pools and Spas

Premier Pools and Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Pools and Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Pools and Spas?

Original review: May 4, 2022

After speaking with a few different pool contractors and receiving some different quotes, we chose to go with Premier primarily due to the reviews I found online as well as the presentation they sent us about their business and the so-called prestige that went with it. In the beginning everything went very smooth. We were very pleased working with Jodi on the design and her knowledge and expertise was a huge help. We really liked how she presented us “menu” types of options based on our budget as well individual line-item fees for such features and options.

My father was a general contractor, so I know how construction goes and the fact that the construction industry is extremely busy right now with materials being scarce and costs going up. Therefore, I tempered my level of expectations on both the project and the completion date yet was super excited to get into our new pool!

As I mentioned before things were off to a good start. Then towards the latter half of the project is when things started to deteriorate. It really started with having a junior project manager assigned to our project that had absolutely no idea what he was doing. There were a lot of empty promises made and ignored requests which created problems that could have been easily avoided. Towards the end I didn’t even want him stepping foot on our property ever again. I understand that Premier needs to use sub-contractors to assist them in finishing the project and I feel they could have done a much better job as well.

This company has serious communication problems and a persistent “pass-the-buck” mentality. Their attention to detail was messy and to this day I am still scraping off the over-spray of concrete and plaster, removing chunks of concrete from my planters, and the final task of applying the clear coat on my BBQ counters took an additional 4 months after the job was finished. There was little to no follow up on equipment claim requests due to equipment failures and I had to keep badgering them to get things done. Of the people I have spoken with now that our pool is finished, I tend to hear the same complaints about Premier; bad communication, poor project management, and that all they care about is the money.

There were many frustrations towards the end and not once did the owner of the company reach out to us to offer any type of customer service, relief, or even a “thank you” for the massive amount of money we spent to have our dream pool and back yard. I am stoked now to be working with Pool Pros on our monthly pool maintenance and the fact that they can handle most of the warranty issues directly. I have submitted warranty claims on a few faulty issues and never once even got a reply from Premier which just flat-out sucks. Installing a pool is a lengthy, messy, expensive, and emotional process therefore I would not recommend working with Premier.

Original review: April 10, 2022

If I could give 0 stars I would. This particular location is in Plano, but they are a franchise mostly owned by a few people. This place is a dumpster fire of incompetence, from their internal staff lying, and messing up the legal documents, plans etc, to their countless careless sub contractors who aren't qualified to dig ditches much less build pools and construction projects. We are going on more than a year now for our pool project, (we were prepared for some delays, knowing many people who recently built pools and gave us heads up on pitfalls so we planned for them in advance.

We paid upfront for equipment and tiles and had them delivered before they broke ground, stored them in our garage so they couldn't say supply chain delays), then we had mishap after mishap, incredibly poor craftsmanship at every turn, property damage, theft of personal property by their sub contractors, damage to a brand new trampoline we had just purchased for our kids rendering it unsafe to use, damage to our new cedar fencing from their careless heavy equipment drivers, and zero accountability when issues are pointed out, over 130k paid out so far and over a year later they keep dragging their feet with only 1 days worth of work to be finished.

They dug our hole, and let it sit bare last spring during the rain season, then when it caved in multiple times, they said it was an act of God vs their negligence in not getting the gunite poured for over 4 months and tried to charge it back to our pool costs, contractors have damaged our driveway, our neighbors yard has huge visible dually tire ruts and destroyed lawn from their countless contractors driving over their lawn breaking water lines and sprinkler heads not even on our property, they broke concrete footings on our hvac equipment never fixed it, installed tiles upside down and laid incorrectly all over the place, came out and fixed it multiple times, each trip they made it worse, mismatching the grout, now visibly crooked, falling off again... cracked and failing grout everywhere, with gobs of mortar all over the surface and falling off, left boot prints all over the fresh salt finish concrete patio they laid, cement and gunite splatters all over the back of our house, all over our windows.

They've damaged our gutters' down spouts so bad we had to get them replaced, they destroyed our fence so bad taking it out to gain access to our yard they couldn't put it back together, the contractors for that came out 4x and made it worse with each trip. Booger welds, spray paint on my house, lost sections, they even cut off the once functional outdoor gate hinges and welded on interior house door hinges, we finally told them to stop destroying the fence and we'd hire our own contractor to come out and build a new one since between their mangling, careless "attempted" repairs" and lost parts, it couldn't be salvaged.

They dug holes and planted beams for our structure in the wrong spot 2x even after I showed them on their own plans they were doing it wrong, they buried unterminated drains during our final grade so drains couldn't empty and water would simply pool on our decking. Had to hire a landscaper to come fix them, We have had to escalate multiple times, our project manager while a nice, guy, is near impossible to have come out to the property to actually inspect the work he's supposed to be "managing", much less get our concerns actually addressed to several internal managers who were either indifferent, or plain rude, had one even yell at me on the phone because I was a "bad customer" for holding them accountable and then he threaten me.

Have literally dozens of unreturned calls for unresolved issues. We're now 6+ months past their "estimated" finish date, they have just the plaster and pool fill to complete, yet months have gone by and we've heard crickets.. It's just sitting empty besides all the trash their people left in it, and keeps filling up with nasty water to be drained with each rainfall, Keep contacting our PM and asking when the pool will be done.. He has no idea, has zero ability to get us scheduled... Again at the mercy of "sub contractors" who may just show up one day unannounced.

During this wait we've had the fence rebuilt, the entire yard re-plumbed for irrigation, re-sodded and plants installed and extensive landscaping done, all in less time than it's taken them to even get us scheduled for the plaster... DO NOT USE THESE GUYS... They claim to be the "Biggest Pool Company in the country" and it's a joke They changed their name from Premier to Pinnacle mid project which threw up tons of red flags, do some googling you'll see hundreds of recent complaints from pissed off customers, but we were already under contract so we're basically stuck, they sub out everything and have zero control, zero accountability and much of their internal staff is unreachable once you give them money.

I have hundreds of pictures of their incompetence, documented every bit of damage and communication of this damage to our property and our neighbors property even video where my cameras would catch them, even their contractors defecating and urinating in my yard and in bottles later found stuffed in corners of our property and in my cesspool of a hole that should be a functional pool by now. I fully plan to leave reviews on every site and include pics of all the issues where possible.

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2022

We started our pool and coordinating hardscape & landscape in August and here it is April and our project is still not complete. The design process with Jodi went well and the first few months we were pleased. If we had been asked to write a review in October it would have been 5 stars. However, the last couple of months have been the most frustrating encounter with any contractor we have ever had! We have owned 6 homes and each one we completely remodel, so we have dealt with quite a few contractors. Very poor communication - we have to ask for updates othwerwise none is given. Even when you ask for an update and a timeframe, you do not get a response or get a "canned" answer like "We will check on it" or "We put in a work order".

We have been waiting on an amended permit for a fireplace that was never added to the original fireplace. We cannot get final inspection and yet the inspector told them in December during the pre-plaster inspection it needed to be done. It should have been handled before the inspector even said it but still here it is 4 months later and still nothing. We have a Pebbletec repair that we have been waiting on since January. Getting the outdoor BBQ complete was like pulling teeth! Keep in mind they charge a premium on these other items like fireplace, BBQs, etc. of about 20% which we paid to "streamline" the process. It has been anything but streamlined! Our backyard looks great and pool looks good but their customer service is terrible.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

We used Premier Pools and Spas in NJ operate by husband Dickson ** and wife Allison **. This company was unprofessional all around. They will take your money and then become unresponsive to any of your questions or concerns. They damaged my property and denied any responsibilities. The entire process was a nightmare. Be careful with their reviews on Google as we came to find out afterwards that many of their positive reviews were written by themselves or subcontractors that they hired and work with. Unreliable and unprofessional summarize this company. If you are in the market for a new pool, look for another company who truly cares about your project and one that has the professional ethics to work along with.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

This is our experience with Premier Pools and Spa owned by Chip Rayburn. This company overpromises and underdelivers. Their ads and salesman promised to finish our pool in 6-8 weeks, as it is the standard for their local competitors. The salesman was initially responsive to our inquiries and provided references who highly recommended him; they were not specifically in the Bryan/College Station area but in the Houston area. We did not make a big deal of it and concluded that if the references were trustworthy, we were going to acquire a pool of similar quality to those offered by the local competitors plus it would be ready by early Summer (Several friends had highly recommended a couple of local competitors but the companies admitted to be very busy and already scheduled far beyond what Premier Pools and Spa claimed to be).

From all the five bids we requested, Premier Pools and Spa was the most expensive one; however, we decided to move forward with their contract as we thought that the extra thousand dollars were paying for earlier completion of the pool and the promising good customer service. Neither the customer service nor the anticipated timeline for the pool were achieved after signing the contract, and too late we realized how overcommitted this company was. Premier Pools and Spa took 18 weeks from excavation to plaster, at which point they considered the pool “complete”. Through the 18 weeks process, they were unresponsive and evasive to our questions regarding the schedule delays, although one time they accepted to be overcommitted and claimed a shortage of labor (it seemed their subcontractors often dropped the company projects at the last minute to attend other companies that paid better).

Premier Pools and Spa also underdelivered in the quality of the project. They caused several expensive damages to our utilities - but they protect themselves from liability in the contract. The deck was constructed close to the house foundation without proper expansion joints, as was promised during the sale. Due to lack of supervision, the plaster crew damaged the coping and installed the wrong color, with a rougher texture than the sample shown during the sale (the texture is so rough that often causes skin abrasions to my son and has damaged our bath suits). After the plaster error, they offered either a small refund or stripping the plaster. We were exhausted from dealing with them - at this point, 4+ months - and decided to go with the refund and save us from more damages.

For several work orders, due to their lack of responsiveness, my husband simply decided to get them done himself, including cleaning construction debris and food trash from subcontractors, compaction of soil pre-decking, installation of the fence, etc. In the end, we were willing to put up with all of that and get it done but once they give us the refund, we did not hear from them anymore despite multiple calls, texts and emails. We signed the contract in February and 8 months later they have not even done a proper City inspection for the final approval.

The last straw - and the main reason to rate 1-star - is when the owner of the company, Mr. Rayburn, called me after an honest review I left in one of their facebook ads, to stop me from writing any review. More details about this incident in their facebook page reviews (**). Overall, we truly advise to stay away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Do yourselves a favor, take heed to the BBB rating and run from this company. I was excited to get my third pool built, and being new to the Austin area, we selected Premier since they were the most attentive to the lead. We were super excited when Aaron ** met with us and created the video for our pool. We were promised three things which helped us make the AWFUL decision to go to Premier Pools.

Premier Pools would get the required permits.
    Premier Pools would get approval from the Santa Rita Ranch HOA on our behalf prior to our closing on the home.
    Excavation would begin a week after move-in.

If for some reason, we decide not to go with Premier pools, we'd receive our $1000 deposit back minus $100 for the contract processing.

We've been lied to by Joan ** with blatant intent. She promised me everything was moving forward, but when I contacted our HOA, nothing had been submitted with our address on it. I informed Joan of it and quickly crafted a lie. She even said she spoke to my wife, unknowingly to her my wife and I were sitting together, and we caught her in the lie and called her one it. When Joan was caught in the lie for not submitting our application to the HOA, she became angry, stated, "I'm mad now," and said she'd call Aaron to get it fixed. Five days later, nothing happened. I called to cancel the entire deal only to be told that we lose the deposit if we canceled. This was not what was promised to us at all during the consultation.

We closed 7/10, no movent through 8/23, and now it's 9/23, still no refund, no pool, no response. Horrible company! I equate this to a robbery. I thought Aaron ** was a good guy, but he hasn't refunded me; he has been more concerned about his commission even though we were very patient. I don't take kindly to being robbed for $1000 for nothing. Run, Run, Run!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Premier is not an honest Company and they will take your money and become nonresponsive. Project started on April 10, 2021 and is still not completed. They hire sub contractors that breaks things and want to pass cost off to you. They will not do work for 3 to 6 weeks at a time and won’t call you back. The owners are liars Garrett and Andy. They will try to keep squeezing more money out of if you let them. They also want o be paid in full before a job is completed. They will leave your yard a mess and say, "It’s on you or pay me more money." They check off things in contract and don’t complete them and try to say not in contract even if point them out. Don’t use this company. Worst ever and they should not be doing business in period. Choose another Company as they will treat you poorly as a customer and based on your race.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I am giving this review to this company for many reasons. First, they are irresponsible with his job. They didn't informed me the schedule for his job, so you never know when they come to work. They dug the hole months ago, and I didn't receive any news from them since then. I called many times from seller to the supervisor, and they did no answer my call. When they finally answer me, they excuse did not have sensed. Therefore, I don’t recommend you to contract this company.

Original review: April 9, 2021

We have a contract that states our pool will be done in 14 weeks. It is week 30 and it is STILL NOT DONE! We have had issues every step of the way from changes to our contracted specs without consultation, sales guy made promises Premier didn't intend to honor (if you do work with them get EVERYTHING specifically spelled out in writing), to flooding our basement, months of no returned phone calls, and more issues than I can list here.

While Premier does have some good people, the organization and scheduling/prioritizing is atrocious and done purely to get more jobs started to get more money in. Even after Zack finally apologizing... 2 months have passed and our pool is still not completed. The sub-contractors who do 95% of the work seem to scratch/forget/mess up something every time they come that has to be fixed again! For almost 8 months people have come and gone with no notice and no respect for our property. The pool itself (the part completed) is lovely... but this has been a nightmare of a process with such poor communication.

Original review: March 29, 2021

We had been on the fence for a long time to buy a pool. Premier made the experience about as good as I think it could be. They are swamped busy after Covid but I found my Designer knowledgeable and had some great ideas. Apparently, Premier works as a design team vs a single designer and I think it shows. I don't want to post my home pictures here but they came up with something that was really cool! Much more than we expected.

We love the travertine decking around the pool... really adds a beautiful touch. Hot tub is something my wife and I love to dip in every day. The hot water is sooo nice. Love the lighting effects and night too. Before this we barely used our back yard and now there is little reason to not go outside. My kids LOVE it... eager for it to warm up a bit. Premier team made this a reality for us and clearly it is far more complex than it seems but sooo worth it.

Premier Pools and Spas author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Premier Pools and Spas have over 25 years of pool-building expertise. The company specializes in luxury pools and custom-designed pools.

• Extras: Premier Pools and Spas offers plenty of extras, such as slides, Acapulco shelves, beach entries and more.

• Reputation: The company has been recognized for its work in Pool and Spa News' Top 50 Builders list.

• Nationwide: It has a nationwide network of builders that can help clients all across the country. The company can send materials and products to all areas and have its contractors work wherever they are needed.

• Experience: It has been in business for over 25 years and worked with thousands of customers.

• Remodeling: In addition to custom building, Premier Pools also remodels existing pools to help pool owners, both commercial and residential, redesign pools into something more attractive.

Premier Pools and Spas Company Information