1.67/5

Looking for a pool company?

Premier Pools and Spas

Looking for a pool company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Premier Pools and Spas Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

If you have experienced the same horrible service, lies, broken promises, unfinished project and headache as our family please contact me. We are now moving forward with an Atty to right some of the wrongs with this project. If you too would like to seek assistance in completing a project or having your wrongs made right please contact us immediately. They are paid in full and nothing is usable.... Even paid for enclosure that doesn’t exist.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

This is a company that will make you pull your hair out. Started pool in May, now at end of August and we are maybe halfway finished. They haven’t been on the job site in over a month. They don’t answer calls or texts. This was suppose to be a custom pool, so far we have gotten nothing that we picked. It’s their custom pool. Everything has been wrong from the beginning. Wrong pool color, wrong fountain stone, wrong pavers, etc, etc. If you catch them putting in the wrong thing, they will say they’ll order it and they can disappear for a month. I am so sorry we picked them to construct our pool. Hate to see what’s going to happen if there’s something wrong with it. Do yourself a huge favor, stay away from this company.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have been in the pool business for 10+ years. I built pools in NY and am now the owner of a Pool Retail Store and Service location in Boynton Beach. I would like to rate this company 0 stars. So far Premier Pools and Spas has been the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I had a horrible experience with my last pool built by Craftmaster Custom Pools and this experience supersedes that one by far. It's a shame they are dragging the name of a franchise that has become popular on TV down the drain. No communication whatsoever. Text, calls and emails unanswered. $65+k with about $50k paid to them already and this is the service I get. I am very lucky to have been able to supply my own equipment that they were not happy about.

May 2019, this company broke ground, started plumbing, rebar and gunite. When that part was done I walked out and noticed a huge mistake on the sundeck. The workers had the nerve to say it's fine. The 8x10 sundeck I designed into the plans with 2 bubblers were noticeably off center. Had I not went out to check the work, they would have continued working like nothing was wrong.

June 2019, we were in the office picking our tile and Travertine Marble. I spoke with Eric and Dana about the mistake on the sundeck and was told it would be fixed that same week. 2 weeks passed and no repair, no communication. Suddenly a guy showed up on a Saturday for 2 hours to do equipment. Another week and no repair, no communication. Suddenly Eric showed up for 2 more hours to do the rest of the Equipment setup. I asked about the sundeck and was told that week for sure because they were ready to start decking the following Monday.

8/11/2019. Today we are a month since the last communication. My pool sits an empty shell. No one will answer our Emails, Text or calls. I unfortunately learned things about this franchise locations business tactics and horrible customer service by referring them to one of my own customers. My customer had the same issues. I have also spoken with others that have had the same problems and are currently going through problems. Some are talking lawsuit.

I am currently looking into having the pool finished by a different company. I will be speaking to an attorney about a possible lawsuit for any possible damages to the structure, the repair of the sundeck and any extra cost above the remainder of our actual contract price. Plus any loss of wages and attorney fees. I am interested in anyone else that is having these problems to form a possible class action suit against this company. The pictures show my pool as it sits now. The sundeck with existing pipes where the bubblers are and the black markings of where they are suppose to be plus the umbrella hole in the middle.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I am in the pool business and the presentation was good. Once we paid the first installment it was all downhill. It has been 3 months and I have a hole that looks like a pool but only 2 days of work has been done for 5 weeks. Mistakes are made that I have to get them to correct. I'd say stay away from this company. I learned it's a franchise and the company couldn't care less who buys into it.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Like so many other reviews on here about Premier Pools and Spas - our experience with Premier has also been exhausting and extremely stressful. We signed a contract July 2018, broke ground November 30, 2018 - they hired contractors who made mistakes that would take days, or weeks, to repair. Premier hired contractors who would scratch their head and walk around aimlessly and confused because they did not know how to install a linear fire feature.

At one point, Premier asked for one of the payment draws earlier than scheduled because of some excuse that our gas company would not do their work unless the pool equipment was installed first - come to find out that was not accurate. The delays have been because it taking days or weeks to fix their screw ups, as well as their lack of organization and scheduling so that the project can run smoothly and efficiently. It took from February until June to get the linear fire feature installed after getting all the pertaining pieces that go with it piecemeal; set accurately; and, centered. Then when they finally decided to test it (in June) they realized the fire feature was not working - so, that took another few weeks to correct.

It has been almost 1 full year and we are still not scheduled for final inspection. They are blaming the delays on the city, as well as the companies we have hired to handle the gas and screen, but in reality our screen company was ready and had us on schedule should Premier had been ready for them to begin their part of the project, but when it was time, Premier was not ready for the screen company and we got put to the end of the screen company's schedule since they had other projects to work on and could not sit around and wait for Premier to do their part.

Premier damaged our neighbor's sod, which we had to replace and they have not even offered to pay for it and have avoided the issue, but now we found out (after them finally testing our sheer descent) that our gas company damaged one of their pipes and they are requesting us to pay them upfront $300.00 for them to fix it. We asked them for an invoice with the breakdown of the repair, including but not limited to the materials and labor, but they refuse to do the work unless we pay them up front. Pathetic is what they are!

With all of the aggravation and the fact that Premier hired incompetent contractors to do the job right - the first time - we filed a complaint with their corporate website and received no acknowledgment, so we complained to the Better Business Bureau and when asked what we would ask of Premier to do, we asked Premier to split the last draw by 50% and they rejected and said we could hire our own plastering company to finish the pool project. In order to avoid any more delays, we agreed to let them finish the project and paid in full, after we rejected their measly $750.00 offer for us to remove our complaint. We told them that we would rather pay the full amount owed for them to finish the project than to not share with potential interested customers what we have dealt with so that no-one else goes through the same, or even close to it.

If you are considering hiring Premier, first look at all the reviews online and look at all the complaints with the BBB. You will get all the info you need. If they say they are making good on what is wrong and attending to their unsatisfied customers, well that is, at best, untrue for most customers, including us, as you can see the reviews yourselves. Not only will they not try to make things somewhat right by trying to satisfy a customer, but even the franchise owners (or managers), can be unprofessional and rude.

I once asked to get the name of the plaster company they would be using and their response was, "what is it to you who we hire to do the work"? Ummmm... how about it is my property they will be doing work on and I have every right to check if they are active and/or licensed contractors! I, too, regret the day we ever came in contact with them!!! A real nightmare. Premier Pool and Spa does not even deserve a one star rating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Pools and Spas?

Original review: April 5, 2019

Stay away from pool maintenance service. I can't comment on repairs or new pools, but I purchased a home where this company was maintaining the pool (they had built it). It has taken me two months to sort out the MAJOR problems. The pool pump broke; they did not notice this (maybe they never came). I found it after 6 weeks. The saline level was 0 (zero). The only way this could happen was if they never checked it - it takes a long time (many month or a year) for the saline level to drop to zero. The saline cell was so caked and damaged I needed to replace it ($500). I went to check the mineral filter cartridge (it should be changed every 6 months) - there was none!! I paid this company for 6 weeks after buying the house and had to stop payment on my credit card after that. I do not know what they were doing but I would stay away from them!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

PPAS not only built my leaky pool in the wrong location, they also refuse to honor the warranty. I’ve contacted the owners multiple times as well as the CEO of PPAS. I would strongly advise anyone considering building to do your research, look at the reviews for multiple locations and you will see their reputation speaks for itself.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I had my pool built by PPAS this Spring... Loved working with Casey, Chad, Marie and Amber and the entire crew. They were super communicative about every step of the process, gave us exactly what we wanted, took less than estimated time to complete and had us enjoying our new pool for the 4th of July last month. I cannot say enough good things about the communication, the overall quality of the workmanship, the ease and painlessness of the entire process, etc. I feel the team there are "family" and my two Goldendoodles LOVED getting check'ins from the team when they were onsite. If you want an in ground pool built, there is NO ONE else to consider.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have attached pictures for Premier Pool. In November 2016 they resurfaced our pool for the 2017 opening, we paid 13,000. 1 month after the pool opened they started doing patch jobs after we paid 13,000. Here it is 2018 pool open and if you look at the picture it is a nightmare. Good luck to anyone that hires this company, it is just wrong. I did reach out to them to see how they are going to rectify this situation and will keep you all posted. My pool looks worse now than when we hired them to resurface. I will give you an update within a month.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Premier Pools designed and build us the pool of our dreams. The design and execution was flawless. Follow up and warranty issues have been amazingly simple and smooth. Couldn’t ask for a better experience from start to finish. A+ Best Pool Builder in DFW.

Premier Pools and Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Premier Pools and Spas have over 25 years of pool-building expertise. The company specializes in luxury pools and custom-designed pools.

• Extras: Premier Pools and Spas offers plenty of extras, such as slides, Acapulco shelves, beach entries and more.

• Reputation: The company has been recognized for its work in Pool and Spa News' Top 50 Builders list.

• Nationwide: It has a nationwide network of builders that can help clients all across the country. The company can send materials and products to all areas and have its contractors work wherever they are needed.

• Experience: It has been in business for over 25 years and worked with thousands of customers.

• Remodeling: In addition to custom building, Premier Pools also remodels existing pools to help pool owners, both commercial and residential, redesign pools into something more attractive.

• Best for: Homeowners, business owners and property managers across the country who are looking for a luxury pool.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs