2. Homeowners
  3. Pool Companies

1.6/5 (28 ratings)

About Premier Pools and Spas

Premier Pools and Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Pools and Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Pools and Spas?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

We used Premier Pools and Spas in NJ operate by husband Dickson ** and wife Allison **. This company was unprofessional all around. They will take your money and then become unresponsive to any of your questions or concerns. They damaged my property and denied any responsibilities. The entire process was a nightmare. Be careful with their reviews on Google as we came to find out afterwards that many of their positive reviews were written by themselves or subcontractors that they hired and work with. Unreliable and unprofessional summarize this company. If you are in the market for a new pool, look for another company who truly cares about your project and one that has the professional ethics to work along with.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

This is our experience with Premier Pools and Spa owned by Chip Rayburn. This company overpromises and underdelivers. Their ads and salesman promised to finish our pool in 6-8 weeks, as it is the standard for their local competitors. The salesman was initially responsive to our inquiries and provided references who highly recommended him; they were not specifically in the Bryan/College Station area but in the Houston area. We did not make a big deal of it and concluded that if the references were trustworthy, we were going to acquire a pool of similar quality to those offered by the local competitors plus it would be ready by early Summer (Several friends had highly recommended a couple of local competitors but the companies admitted to be very busy and already scheduled far beyond what Premier Pools and Spa claimed to be).

From all the five bids we requested, Premier Pools and Spa was the most expensive one; however, we decided to move forward with their contract as we thought that the extra thousand dollars were paying for earlier completion of the pool and the promising good customer service. Neither the customer service nor the anticipated timeline for the pool were achieved after signing the contract, and too late we realized how overcommitted this company was. Premier Pools and Spa took 18 weeks from excavation to plaster, at which point they considered the pool “complete”. Through the 18 weeks process, they were unresponsive and evasive to our questions regarding the schedule delays, although one time they accepted to be overcommitted and claimed a shortage of labor (it seemed their subcontractors often dropped the company projects at the last minute to attend other companies that paid better).

Premier Pools and Spa also underdelivered in the quality of the project. They caused several expensive damages to our utilities - but they protect themselves from liability in the contract. The deck was constructed close to the house foundation without proper expansion joints, as was promised during the sale. Due to lack of supervision, the plaster crew damaged the coping and installed the wrong color, with a rougher texture than the sample shown during the sale (the texture is so rough that often causes skin abrasions to my son and has damaged our bath suits). After the plaster error, they offered either a small refund or stripping the plaster. We were exhausted from dealing with them - at this point, 4+ months - and decided to go with the refund and save us from more damages.

For several work orders, due to their lack of responsiveness, my husband simply decided to get them done himself, including cleaning construction debris and food trash from subcontractors, compaction of soil pre-decking, installation of the fence, etc. In the end, we were willing to put up with all of that and get it done but once they give us the refund, we did not hear from them anymore despite multiple calls, texts and emails. We signed the contract in February and 8 months later they have not even done a proper City inspection for the final approval.

The last straw - and the main reason to rate 1-star - is when the owner of the company, Mr. Rayburn, called me after an honest review I left in one of their facebook ads, to stop me from writing any review. More details about this incident in their facebook page reviews (**). Overall, we truly advise to stay away from this company.

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Do yourselves a favor, take heed to the BBB rating and run from this company. I was excited to get my third pool built, and being new to the Austin area, we selected Premier since they were the most attentive to the lead. We were super excited when Aaron ** met with us and created the video for our pool. We were promised three things which helped us make the AWFUL decision to go to Premier Pools.

Premier Pools would get the required permits.
    Premier Pools would get approval from the Santa Rita Ranch HOA on our behalf prior to our closing on the home.
    Excavation would begin a week after move-in.

If for some reason, we decide not to go with Premier pools, we'd receive our $1000 deposit back minus $100 for the contract processing.

We've been lied to by Joan ** with blatant intent. She promised me everything was moving forward, but when I contacted our HOA, nothing had been submitted with our address on it. I informed Joan of it and quickly crafted a lie. She even said she spoke to my wife, unknowingly to her my wife and I were sitting together, and we caught her in the lie and called her one it. When Joan was caught in the lie for not submitting our application to the HOA, she became angry, stated, "I'm mad now," and said she'd call Aaron to get it fixed. Five days later, nothing happened. I called to cancel the entire deal only to be told that we lose the deposit if we canceled. This was not what was promised to us at all during the consultation.

We closed 7/10, no movent through 8/23, and now it's 9/23, still no refund, no pool, no response. Horrible company! I equate this to a robbery. I thought Aaron ** was a good guy, but he hasn't refunded me; he has been more concerned about his commission even though we were very patient. I don't take kindly to being robbed for $1000 for nothing. Run, Run, Run!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Premier is not an honest Company and they will take your money and become nonresponsive. Project started on April 10, 2021 and is still not completed. They hire sub contractors that breaks things and want to pass cost off to you. They will not do work for 3 to 6 weeks at a time and won’t call you back. The owners are liars Garrett and Andy. They will try to keep squeezing more money out of if you let them. They also want o be paid in full before a job is completed. They will leave your yard a mess and say, "It’s on you or pay me more money." They check off things in contract and don’t complete them and try to say not in contract even if point them out. Don’t use this company. Worst ever and they should not be doing business in period. Choose another Company as they will treat you poorly as a customer and based on your race.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I am giving this review to this company for many reasons. First, they are irresponsible with his job. They didn't informed me the schedule for his job, so you never know when they come to work. They dug the hole months ago, and I didn't receive any news from them since then. I called many times from seller to the supervisor, and they did no answer my call. When they finally answer me, they excuse did not have sensed. Therefore, I don’t recommend you to contract this company.

Original review: April 9, 2021

We have a contract that states our pool will be done in 14 weeks. It is week 30 and it is STILL NOT DONE! We have had issues every step of the way from changes to our contracted specs without consultation, sales guy made promises Premier didn't intend to honor (if you do work with them get EVERYTHING specifically spelled out in writing), to flooding our basement, months of no returned phone calls, and more issues than I can list here.

While Premier does have some good people, the organization and scheduling/prioritizing is atrocious and done purely to get more jobs started to get more money in. Even after Zack finally apologizing... 2 months have passed and our pool is still not completed. The sub-contractors who do 95% of the work seem to scratch/forget/mess up something every time they come that has to be fixed again! For almost 8 months people have come and gone with no notice and no respect for our property. The pool itself (the part completed) is lovely... but this has been a nightmare of a process with such poor communication.

Original review: March 29, 2021

We had been on the fence for a long time to buy a pool. Premier made the experience about as good as I think it could be. They are swamped busy after Covid but I found my Designer knowledgeable and had some great ideas. Apparently, Premier works as a design team vs a single designer and I think it shows. I don't want to post my home pictures here but they came up with something that was really cool! Much more than we expected.

We love the travertine decking around the pool... really adds a beautiful touch. Hot tub is something my wife and I love to dip in every day. The hot water is sooo nice. Love the lighting effects and night too. Before this we barely used our back yard and now there is little reason to not go outside. My kids LOVE it... eager for it to warm up a bit. Premier team made this a reality for us and clearly it is far more complex than it seems but sooo worth it.

Original review: March 19, 2021

We were very excited to finally put in a pool. Our design process was great. The designer was very informative and helpful. The builder filed for permits and showed up for the dig in a timely manner. He got it ladies out and dug quickly and received his draw. Unfortunately it all went south after that. His contractors could not figure out the in floor cleaning system and took three weeks to complete the plumbing.

Once they finally got all the plumbing complete I asked him to come rate the work that had been completed. He agreed that it was very low quality. He brought a second crew to demo the work and Re-plumb. The second crew did a fantastic job. Rebar and framing came next. After the first day I pointed out that the spillway from spa to pool was not correct. This was ignored for a couple weeks. The day before gunite I pointed it out for 100th time. They assured me they would fix it before they shot. Gunite came and was shot over the existing mistake. So... they had to cut and patch. Next came tile and coping. This took five weeks to complete. The builder everyday apologized for the delay and said he would get another crew. This never happened. The builder then refused to do the plaster until he was paid for the tile and coping job that wasn’t completed. After much back and forth we agreed on a payment schedule based on completion and dates.

Plaster came while they were still tiling and went poorly as well (Note. The plaster issue was not the builders fault and the plaster company did all they could to make it right.). There were multiple issues with missing pool equipment or the wrong parts. The temporary plugs in the main drain all got stuck. The builder spent a week trying to remove them after the pool was full of water. He finally got them out. Or... that’s what he told us. We have been battling the pool functionality for about six months now. In floor system not working properly and the filter pump would starve for water and make a strange noise when at full speed. We recently had to drain the pool for some maintenance.

I noticed that only two of ten the screws on the main grate were actually installed correctly. When I was tightening the screws I noticed two plugs still installed. The third had a 1” hole knocked through it. The other two are still stuck. I am assuming this is why the In floor doesn’t work and why the pump couldn’t run full speed. Long, dramatic story short. I absolutely would not recommend anyone using this company in the Oklahoma area. He is a very polite person. He is also very unreliable and does not show or follow through with much.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I’m devastated, disappointed & heartbroken! We signed our contract in September 2020 with Premiere Pools & Spas. Work started in January 2021. After hole was dug finally and framing has begun the work has stopped for few weeks. When finally they call and ask to meet with us for a meeting we ask why. All we are told we got a very rare problem. Will talk in 8 days. Then few days later workers arrive and without any notification or communication they fill in the hole like nothing happened. Finally day 8 of waiting has arrived the sales rep Keith ** and another man named Ron from management arrived. I was anxious to find out what is happening and to hear a solution instead I was blamed, attacked, manipulated, and threatened!

I find out our property survey is wrong we provided 2 papers which were older surveys at time of signing which the sales rep took photo copy of, then he requested the surveys again few months later. At that time I did not know where I put it. I just reached out to the city and requested the survey from the Port Saint Lucie Building Department. Once I received it via email I sent it! Permit was approved by the city after six weeks. We were good to go! Now they are telling me all 3 surveys they had were all bad. Someone messed up but who the pool company's manager blamed me. It's my fault. He immediately said the price will go up higher and additional charges will be added to our plan. But we had an agreement we signed a contract we had a $42,000 contract.

I told him I have no more money he immediately started threatening me saying if I don’t pay he will hold a lien against my home but how for what I don’t even have a hole in the ground anymore and they all ready have $18,000 dollars from us! They got upset when we asked a simple question, "Who is responsible for this mistake? Why should we pay for someone else’s mistake and be blamed for it?" They got upset at us asking this question and walked off our property saying they are canceling our contract and they are not willing to work with us any longer and they still have our money! I do not recommend them. We have put complete trust into their hands. They are the professionals who is supposed to know the ins and outs of this business. If they come into a problem they should take the responsibility and try to help a customer and solve the situation but they did not do that! Now I stand here after months $18,000 out and a destroyed backyard!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

When you go and pay someone $40,000 I think you are paying a large sum for a service and product. I have had nothing but issues from day one. the salesman lied and told us all these promises. Well, guess what didn't happen then they called me a liar stating it was never said because it was not in the contract. Fast forward to when the pool is finally finished months after they said it would be done mind you. Oh and after the destroyed my fence and fixed it half **. The waterfall fell apart then some stones came loose. It took me calling every day and hijacking their Facebook post for them to finally get back to me and send someone to fix them after we had the pool for a few months.

Fast Forward to our 2nd August. Having the pool really only one full summer. We have every stone on top of the pool that is now loose, cracked, or falling off the other waterfall is broken. Cracks all around the pool and again they say it's not under warranty. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They have no verbal communication, it is never their fault and they use contractors so they do not stand behind the people they use and blame them. If you want to waste your money and have a pool that is broken after paying a large amount then be my guess.

Premier Pools and Spas author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Premier Pools and Spas have over 25 years of pool-building expertise. The company specializes in luxury pools and custom-designed pools.

• Extras: Premier Pools and Spas offers plenty of extras, such as slides, Acapulco shelves, beach entries and more.

• Reputation: The company has been recognized for its work in Pool and Spa News' Top 50 Builders list.

• Nationwide: It has a nationwide network of builders that can help clients all across the country. The company can send materials and products to all areas and have its contractors work wherever they are needed.

• Experience: It has been in business for over 25 years and worked with thousands of customers.

• Remodeling: In addition to custom building, Premier Pools also remodels existing pools to help pool owners, both commercial and residential, redesign pools into something more attractive.

Premier Pools and Spas Company Information