2. Homeowners
  3. Pool Companies

1.7/5 (23 ratings)

About Premier Pools and Spas

Premier Pools and Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Pools and Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Pools and Spas?

Original review: April 9, 2021

We have a contract that states our pool will be done in 14 weeks. It is week 30 and it is STILL NOT DONE! We have had issues every step of the way from changes to our contracted specs without consultation, sales guy made promises Premier didn't intend to honor (if you do work with them get EVERYTHING specifically spelled out in writing), to flooding our basement, months of no returned phone calls, and more issues than I can list here.

While Premier does have some good people, the organization and scheduling/prioritizing is atrocious and done purely to get more jobs started to get more money in. Even after Zack finally apologizing... 2 months have passed and our pool is still not completed. The sub-contractors who do 95% of the work seem to scratch/forget/mess up something every time they come that has to be fixed again! For almost 8 months people have come and gone with no notice and no respect for our property. The pool itself (the part completed) is lovely... but this has been a nightmare of a process with such poor communication.

Original review: March 29, 2021

We had been on the fence for a long time to buy a pool. Premier made the experience about as good as I think it could be. They are swamped busy after Covid but I found my Designer knowledgeable and had some great ideas. Apparently, Premier works as a design team vs a single designer and I think it shows. I don't want to post my home pictures here but they came up with something that was really cool! Much more than we expected.

We love the travertine decking around the pool... really adds a beautiful touch. Hot tub is something my wife and I love to dip in every day. The hot water is sooo nice. Love the lighting effects and night too. Before this we barely used our back yard and now there is little reason to not go outside. My kids LOVE it... eager for it to warm up a bit. Premier team made this a reality for us and clearly it is far more complex than it seems but sooo worth it.

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2021

We were very excited to finally put in a pool. Our design process was great. The designer was very informative and helpful. The builder filed for permits and showed up for the dig in a timely manner. He got it ladies out and dug quickly and received his draw. Unfortunately it all went south after that. His contractors could not figure out the in floor cleaning system and took three weeks to complete the plumbing.

Once they finally got all the plumbing complete I asked him to come rate the work that had been completed. He agreed that it was very low quality. He brought a second crew to demo the work and Re-plumb. The second crew did a fantastic job. Rebar and framing came next. After the first day I pointed out that the spillway from spa to pool was not correct. This was ignored for a couple weeks. The day before gunite I pointed it out for 100th time. They assured me they would fix it before they shot. Gunite came and was shot over the existing mistake. So... they had to cut and patch. Next came tile and coping. This took five weeks to complete. The builder everyday apologized for the delay and said he would get another crew. This never happened. The builder then refused to do the plaster until he was paid for the tile and coping job that wasn’t completed. After much back and forth we agreed on a payment schedule based on completion and dates.

Plaster came while they were still tiling and went poorly as well (Note. The plaster issue was not the builders fault and the plaster company did all they could to make it right.). There were multiple issues with missing pool equipment or the wrong parts. The temporary plugs in the main drain all got stuck. The builder spent a week trying to remove them after the pool was full of water. He finally got them out. Or... that’s what he told us. We have been battling the pool functionality for about six months now. In floor system not working properly and the filter pump would starve for water and make a strange noise when at full speed. We recently had to drain the pool for some maintenance.

I noticed that only two of ten the screws on the main grate were actually installed correctly. When I was tightening the screws I noticed two plugs still installed. The third had a 1” hole knocked through it. The other two are still stuck. I am assuming this is why the In floor doesn’t work and why the pump couldn’t run full speed. Long, dramatic story short. I absolutely would not recommend anyone using this company in the Oklahoma area. He is a very polite person. He is also very unreliable and does not show or follow through with much.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I’m devastated, disappointed & heartbroken! We signed our contract in September 2020 with Premiere Pools & Spas. Work started in January 2021. After hole was dug finally and framing has begun the work has stopped for few weeks. When finally they call and ask to meet with us for a meeting we ask why. All we are told we got a very rare problem. Will talk in 8 days. Then few days later workers arrive and without any notification or communication they fill in the hole like nothing happened. Finally day 8 of waiting has arrived the sales rep Keith ** and another man named Ron from management arrived. I was anxious to find out what is happening and to hear a solution instead I was blamed, attacked, manipulated, and threatened!

I find out our property survey is wrong we provided 2 papers which were older surveys at time of signing which the sales rep took photo copy of, then he requested the surveys again few months later. At that time I did not know where I put it. I just reached out to the city and requested the survey from the Port Saint Lucie Building Department. Once I received it via email I sent it! Permit was approved by the city after six weeks. We were good to go! Now they are telling me all 3 surveys they had were all bad. Someone messed up but who the pool company's manager blamed me. It's my fault. He immediately said the price will go up higher and additional charges will be added to our plan. But we had an agreement we signed a contract we had a $42,000 contract.

I told him I have no more money he immediately started threatening me saying if I don’t pay he will hold a lien against my home but how for what I don’t even have a hole in the ground anymore and they all ready have $18,000 dollars from us! They got upset when we asked a simple question, "Who is responsible for this mistake? Why should we pay for someone else’s mistake and be blamed for it?" They got upset at us asking this question and walked off our property saying they are canceling our contract and they are not willing to work with us any longer and they still have our money! I do not recommend them. We have put complete trust into their hands. They are the professionals who is supposed to know the ins and outs of this business. If they come into a problem they should take the responsibility and try to help a customer and solve the situation but they did not do that! Now I stand here after months $18,000 out and a destroyed backyard!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

When you go and pay someone $40,000 I think you are paying a large sum for a service and product. I have had nothing but issues from day one. the salesman lied and told us all these promises. Well, guess what didn't happen then they called me a liar stating it was never said because it was not in the contract. Fast forward to when the pool is finally finished months after they said it would be done mind you. Oh and after the destroyed my fence and fixed it half **. The waterfall fell apart then some stones came loose. It took me calling every day and hijacking their Facebook post for them to finally get back to me and send someone to fix them after we had the pool for a few months.

Fast Forward to our 2nd August. Having the pool really only one full summer. We have every stone on top of the pool that is now loose, cracked, or falling off the other waterfall is broken. Cracks all around the pool and again they say it's not under warranty. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They have no verbal communication, it is never their fault and they use contractors so they do not stand behind the people they use and blame them. If you want to waste your money and have a pool that is broken after paying a large amount then be my guess.

Original review: May 9, 2020

This company doesn’t honor their contracts!! Lied about not having to pay until pool finished! They owe us money! Haven’t finished our pool and it’s been almost a year! They keep sending people out every couple of months to “look” at what needs to be finished and fixed. Then they never come back. Communication is horrible!!

Original review: May 8, 2020

About two and a half years ago the wife and I decided to go with Premier Pools in Pensacola FL to build our dream pool. The design process was easy, they started on time, the pool was framed and poured without any issues. After they were “done” the nightmare began. Long story short the company never showed when promised to fix any of the many issues we have had. When they promised a few weeks it ended up being months. My travertine deck is still a disaster after the install company used regular sand instead of Poly sand. Premier tried to fix the hack job but they expectedly fell short.

I have had and still have light issues not only with the lights working properly but poor engineering that leaves a dead spot in the pool. It took them 6 months to find a pool leak. The pool finishes are horrible. My river rock pool had to be resurfaced and it is still three different colors. I have saved two years of text messages from them lying and blowing me off because the thoughts of getting a lawyer are still smacking me every time I look at the hack job in my yard. You would think that after spending 65K on a pool that the company would come thru and provide the relaxing dream that you were promised but these guys fail to deliver on every level.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I contacted Premier Pools in the fall of 2018 about a new pool project in connection with construction of our new resident. We kept them abreast of the status of the construction in accordance with their request so as to coordinate the completion of the pool at completion of the house. Based on their recommendation, they actually started work on the pool project the first week of June 2019. It is January 2, 2019, and I am still waiting for them to finish everything. It has been an awful experience to say the least. They came the first week and dug the hole for the pool. Then it sat for a week or two. Then they came to frame and pour the pool structure. Then it sat for months with nothing being done. Finally they began the paver deck portion of the project.

A few days after they finished installing the deck, most of it caved in all the way around the pool. They finally removed and reinstalled the pool deck. This time it was out of alignment with the side of the pool and looked terrible. After more delay they finally came back and removed and reinstalled it again. All the while causing extensive delays. They then laid the stone and top on the fire pit. It was nowhere near level. After more delay they finally came back and removed and replaced the top of the fire pit to level it. When they finally got around to plastering the pool, the material had been sitting on the job site so long that it couldn't be used. As of yesterday, that unused material, which probably weighs 2000 lbs and is not movable, was still sitting on my property.

Over a month ago the supervisor came out to complete a punch list. We identified a number of items that still were not complete or working. The auto fill did not work. The pool equipment was leaking from numerous places. The pool heater had not been connected. The eye outlets in the pool had not been installed, so there were still just open pipes where the water flows in. The Polaris for the pool had been left coiled up for months, so the tail is all bent and does not function properly to allow it to sweep the pool.

I'm still, today, begging them to finish the job. Then I learn today that they need me to schedule a final inspection with the county. What? What contractor leaves it to the homeowner to get the needed inspections of their project? It is just absurd. All the while they demand to be paid the instant something is done. Regardless of whether it is done correctly. With regard to the plaster, they demanded final payment for the entire project that very day. Now here I am just begging them to finish the work because they have been paid in full for a couple months. And for context, this is the second home, and second pool, I have had built. The other pool project was nothing like this. It was a breeze, so I know how it should go. Unfortunately, the awesome pool company that installed my other pool, Mystic Pools out of south Georgia, did not serve the Florida panhandle area, so I had to go with someone else.

I regret that I made the terrible decision of using Premier Pools and Spas. Please save yourself the hassle and heartache and use someone else. I would venture to say you would be hard-pressed to find someone worse than Premier Pools and Spas. It was an all-around awful experience and warrants zero stars. I gave them one so it would allow me to write a review.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

If you have experienced the same horrible service, lies, broken promises, unfinished project and headache as our family please contact me. We are now moving forward with an Atty to right some of the wrongs with this project. If you too would like to seek assistance in completing a project or having your wrongs made right please contact us immediately. They are paid in full and nothing is usable.... Even paid for enclosure that doesn’t exist.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

This is a company that will make you pull your hair out. Started pool in May, now at end of August and we are maybe halfway finished. They haven’t been on the job site in over a month. They don’t answer calls or texts. This was suppose to be a custom pool, so far we have gotten nothing that we picked. It’s their custom pool. Everything has been wrong from the beginning. Wrong pool color, wrong fountain stone, wrong pavers, etc, etc. If you catch them putting in the wrong thing, they will say they’ll order it and they can disappear for a month. I am so sorry we picked them to construct our pool. Hate to see what’s going to happen if there’s something wrong with it. Do yourself a huge favor, stay away from this company.

Premier Pools and Spas author review by ConsumerAffairs

Premier Pools and Spas have over 25 years of pool-building expertise. The company specializes in luxury pools and custom-designed pools.

• Extras: Premier Pools and Spas offers plenty of extras, such as slides, Acapulco shelves, beach entries and more.

• Reputation: The company has been recognized for its work in Pool and Spa News' Top 50 Builders list.

• Nationwide: It has a nationwide network of builders that can help clients all across the country. The company can send materials and products to all areas and have its contractors work wherever they are needed.

• Experience: It has been in business for over 25 years and worked with thousands of customers.

• Remodeling: In addition to custom building, Premier Pools also remodels existing pools to help pool owners, both commercial and residential, redesign pools into something more attractive.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team