2.00/5

Looking for a pool company?

Premier Pools and Spas

Looking for a pool company?

10 Premier Pools and Spas Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 5, 2019

Stay away from pool maintenance service. I can't comment on repairs or new pools, but I purchased a home where this company was maintaining the pool (they had built it). It has taken me two months to sort out the MAJOR problems. The pool pump broke; they did not notice this (maybe they never came). I found it after 6 weeks. The saline level was 0 (zero). The only way this could happen was if they never checked it - it takes a long time (many month or a year) for the saline level to drop to zero. The saline cell was so caked and damaged I needed to replace it ($500). I went to check the mineral filter cartridge (it should be changed every 6 months) - there was none!! I paid this company for 6 weeks after buying the house and had to stop payment on my credit card after that. I do not know what they were doing but I would stay away from them!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

PPAS not only built my leaky pool in the wrong location, they also refuse to honor the warranty. I’ve contacted the owners multiple times as well as the CEO of PPAS. I would strongly advise anyone considering building to do your research, look at the reviews for multiple locations and you will see their reputation speaks for itself.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I had my pool built by PPAS this Spring... Loved working with Casey, Chad, Marie and Amber and the entire crew. They were super communicative about every step of the process, gave us exactly what we wanted, took less than estimated time to complete and had us enjoying our new pool for the 4th of July last month. I cannot say enough good things about the communication, the overall quality of the workmanship, the ease and painlessness of the entire process, etc. I feel the team there are "family" and my two Goldendoodles LOVED getting check'ins from the team when they were onsite. If you want an in ground pool built, there is NO ONE else to consider.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have attached pictures for Premier Pool. In November 2016 they resurfaced our pool for the 2017 opening, we paid 13,000. 1 month after the pool opened they started doing patch jobs after we paid 13,000. Here it is 2018 pool open and if you look at the picture it is a nightmare. Good luck to anyone that hires this company, it is just wrong. I did reach out to them to see how they are going to rectify this situation and will keep you all posted. My pool looks worse now than when we hired them to resurface. I will give you an update within a month.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Premier Pools designed and build us the pool of our dreams. The design and execution was flawless. Follow up and warranty issues have been amazingly simple and smooth. Couldn’t ask for a better experience from start to finish. A+ Best Pool Builder in DFW.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Pools and Spas?

Original review: July 27, 2017

Our experience with Premier Pools has been exhausting and extremely stressful mainly because it has been almost a year since they began construction on our pool and we are not even close to being finished. We could move into our new home in a couple of weeks but we won't be able to because Premier Pools can't find subcontractors to work for them because the word on the street is Premier Pools doesn't pay their subcontractors. They have lied to us over and over again, told us workers would be at our house to work and they never show up, avoided our calls, they are very good at making promises and not following through and they tell you what you want to hear but at the end of the day there is zero progress!!!

If you are considering hiring Premier, first look at all the reviews online and look at all the complaints with the BBB. You will get all the info you need. If they say they are making good on what is wrong and attending to their unsatisfied customers, well that is a complete lie!!! The subs they hire do average work at best and it's never a crew of workers it's a one man show. Pathetic, aggravating and unprofessional best describes our experience with Premier Pools. I regret the day we ever came in contact with them!!! A real nightmare. The truth is they don't even deserve a one star rating.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I began the remodel of my pool and deck in February, 2016. Despite quoting me an 8 week turnaround, they finally got final sign off on June 13, 2016. I am still having issues with the pool and mostly, the deck. The deck was done in travertine pavers. The job is done poorly: highs and lows, not enough polymeric cement, shoddy workmanship. They have sent subcontractors out to fix things, but they don't know what they are doing and it still looks terrible. Now they are not even returning my calls. Additionally, there has been a problem with the auto fill on the pool since day one. A service tech finally admitted that on October 25, 2016 and promised to send someone to fix it. It is not yet fixed and again, they will not return my calls.

Original review: July 16, 2016

My contract with Premier states that the pool will be completed within 8 - 10 weeks from excavation date, which was March 31. However, my contract was signed January 26, 2016 and expected construction was to commence on February 15th. Excavation took place on March 31st. They have lied to the City of Fort Myers Inspectors on at least two occasions.

To date, my pool cannot pass the City safety inspections. The criteria for my final payment was predicated on passing the electrical inspection. On June 3rd, the construction manager for Premier told me they passed inspection and demanded my final check. Approximately a week later, after contacting the City, I learned Premier failed the electric inspection. This action alone constitutes duplicitous behavior. Six months later, I have been advised by the City that it is not safe to swim in my pool because it will not pass the safety inspection. This company is new to Florida, but should not be able to do business here based on their covert lies, lack of ethics, pathetic customer service, harassing by subcontractors, and duplicitous behavior. I would strongly recommend to anyone building a pool to find a different company.

Updated on 08/15/2016: To date, after spending $50,000 for a pool by Premier Pools, the following items remain unresolved: 1. They have failed to pay the screen enclosure company, Fabritech, and Fabritech is preparing to put a construction lien against my property. The screen enclosure is a part of the contract; 2. The ozonator has failed to work property emitting large balls of air (which are toxic in this form) instead of small bubbles into my pool. This is NOT the way an ozone generator is supposed to work. My pool actually sounds like it's regurgitating; 3. The overflow has failed to work on three separate occasions; 4. The auto fill does not work and I paid another company to test these out, and they confirmed the autofill, like the overflow, do not work at all.

The company's partner merely responds that everything is fine and has refused to address my concerns. His behavior and communications are duplicitous on many accounts and this is a company that should NOT BE ALLOWED to do business in the State of Florida.

Original review: May 31, 2016

This pool remodel has been nothing but a nightmare. 9 mo. in and all we get are excuses and false promises. No project management, trash all over yard & safety hazards everywhere. I keep wondering if they are going out of business or something.

Original review: July 30, 2012

A big piece of concrete cracked and eventually dropped into the pool. It took 3 months to get them out to do the repair. The repair looked so bad that they had to come out and redo it. The section that was replaced is lower than the rest of the concrete. My children have stubbed their toes twice due to the difference in the concrete. John with Premier Pools told me that he doesn't see a problem with the concrete and that he's happy with the job that their contractor did for us.

Premier Pools and Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Premier Pools and Spas have over 25 years of pool-building expertise. The company specializes in luxury pools and custom-designed pools.

• Extras: Premier Pools and Spas offers plenty of extras, such as slides, Acapulco shelves, beach entries and more.

• Reputation: The company has been recognized for its work in Pool and Spa News' Top 50 Builders list.

• Nationwide: It has a nationwide network of builders that can help clients all across the country. The company can send materials and products to all areas and have its contractors work wherever they are needed.

• Experience: It has been in business for over 25 years and worked with thousands of customers.

• Remodeling: In addition to custom building, Premier Pools also remodels existing pools to help pool owners, both commercial and residential, redesign pools into something more attractive.

• Best for: Homeowners, business owners and property managers across the country who are looking for a luxury pool.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs