2. Homeowners

Vista, CA

4.3/5 (493 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Jandy Pro Series

Jandy manufactures professional-­grade pool and spa equipment, including a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators and automation solutions. You can buy equipment directly from its website, and its energy-efficient pumps could help lower your overall pool operating costs.

Pros

• Efficient models
  • Expert installers
  • Lower operating costs
  • Enhanced durability

Cons

• Limited warranty
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Jandy offers efficient, durable pool equipment that can lower the total cost of operation. Although its products can be expensive, the company's warranties and installation expertise might make it worth it.

Top Jandy Pro Series Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

Jandy equipment

Jandy supplies equipment for commercial and residential pool owners. It employs a network of qualified professionals who provide on-site services, such as installation and tips for long-term use, and support for adhering to local guidelines and building codes. It’s important to note that its warranties are only valid when Jandy professionals handle installation.

How do Jandy pumps work?

Jandy pool pumps circulate water through a filtration system in order to offer a clean and cool pool experience. They’re designed to be more durable and reliable than pumps from other brands, and they use up to 70% less energy. Jandy offers three types of residential and commercial pool pumps:

• Specialty: For pools with added features like waterfalls
  • Variable speed: For year-round pools
  • Single- and two-speed: For pools used for a few months per year

How much does a Jandy pool pump cost?

Jandy pumps usually cost between $750 and $1,500. Its single- and two-speed pumps are more affordable initially than the variable or specialty pumps, but variable pumps might be more cost-efficient to run throughout the year. All Jandy variable-speed pool pumps are ENERGY STAR-certified and can save pool owners more than $1,100 a year. Third parties can’t sell Jandy products online, so finding lower prices can be tough — and can void your warranties.

Jandy Pro Series FAQ

How much does a Jandy pool heater cost?
Between $2,200 and $2,900. Price depends on pool size and gas type.
Are Jandy and Zodiac the same company?
Yes. Zodiac Pool Systems owns and sells the Jandy product line.
Are Jandy pool heaters good?
Yes. Jandy heaters are known for their efficiency and heating capacity, which means they could be more ideal for the environment and your budget than other options.
Where can I buy Jandy pumps?
On the Jandy site. Zodiac, Jandy’s parent company, has prohibited online sales of its products.

Is Jandy a good pool pump supplier?

Yes, Jandy’s products are known for their energy efficiency, and you can choose from several Jandy pump models. These pumps can be more affordable both initially and to run than some other options, and Jandy employs professionals to supply and install them.

Jandy Pro Series Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: May 18, 2021

Our Jandy Pro Series heater is less than a year old and already stopped working. We have submitted a warranty request and tried to deal with their warranty dept for a month already and still they have not come out to evaluate or fix our heater. We did not spend this much on a heater to have such a terrible service experience. We would not recommend them at all given their heater hasn’t even lasted 10 months without breaking. Completely unacceptable!

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I purchased a Booster Pump and installed a entire Jandy system not more than 3 months later my Booster Pump broke. Texas just had very bad weather and electrical issues and they are saying my Booster Pump broke because of the weather. Sure, I really do not know for sure if it was poor product design or as they say it was the frozen weather.

In either case, I did not request a full refund, I just ask for some type of understanding since I barely bought it 3 months ago and had it installed. All I ask is to work with me, anything, let me get a discount: let me pay for the install - show me some customer loyalty. Instead, "no" was their answer to everything. I now am having to install a new booster pump and will be using PENTAIR going forward for the remaining of my life and anyone who asks. Yes, I'm just one lousy customer, but a lousy customer that will never purchaser anything related to Jandy again. Thank you for reading.

Hi Mike,

We're sorry about the issues you're experiencing issues with Polaris booster pump. Product quality and customer satisfaction are top priorities to us. Please visit the Polaris website for information on reaching customer support so we can connect you with a product specialist who can help.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Fluidra

Manufacturer of Jandy, Polaris, and Zodiac products

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I purchased all new Jandy equipment for my pool 2.5 years ago. Within the first 2 months I had 2 valves go out. Then my salt cell about 1 year later and then my pump a few months later. Now my heater has gone out and they refuse to repair or replace it. They claim it is due to a ph balance issue. First if you are building pool equipment it should be able to handle ph issues. Second my pool maintenance guy keeps a weekly log of all ph levels and my pool has been perfect since the day this equipment was installed. Faulty products and their representatives just try to pass the buck and take 0 responsibility. I would highly recommend spending your money with another company.

Hi Allan,

Our apologies for your experience! We take customer satisfaction very seriously and we'd like to speak with you to see how we may be able to assist. Please visit the Jandy website for information on reaching customer support.

Thank you for your patience!

Fluidra

Manufacturer of Jandy, Polaris, and Zodiac products

Original review: June 21, 2020

I have had several pumps installed in my inground system for about 10 years. Like clockwork, every 2 or so seasons I have to replace at least 1 pump. This year, on start up, one of my 2HP pumps has failed, tripping the circuit breaker. I own an electrical contracting company, so no issue with wiring. Everything is new this year. I have 6 pumps that I have replaced, for which I purchased rebuild kits, and time permitting, I will rebuild them. Motors, however, is not an easy rebuild, other than the bearings. I am looking to replace the Jandy system with something that has direct connections so I don’t have to modify the piping. My maintenance guy recommended installing a Jandy auto control system, with wifi to control my pool and spa. I would not recommend, and therefore will say no to an auto Jandy control system.

Original review: May 5, 2020

The salt cell leaks from the sight glass lid we have replaced the o ring and lubed the seal. It does not leak from the seal. It leaks from the sight glass lid. There is no gasket for this area. The system is less than two years old and no Resolution.

Hi Trevor,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this product. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and we'd like to speak with you to see how we may be able to assist. A product specialist will be in touch.

Jandy, a Fluidra Company

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Jandy/Zodiac customer service agent said he is unable to help a homeowner test or reset the indoor controller. Like a thermostat, the controller is 24 volts (that is, harmless). Jandy cited "liability concerns." I asked Jandy to tell me what newer model I could purchase in the event that the controller has gone bad. They told me they could not do that either. They told me to speak with my local pool service technician. Jandy could not provide a list of any such technician in Miami, FL. All matter of fact, and absurd. I will find what I need from Hayward or some manufacturer that offers customer service.

Hi david daniel,

We apologize for the issues you are having with your Jandy controller. We will have a technical support representative reach out to you. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The buying experience with Jandy was fine and the big thing about the pump is that it’s quiet. I had Hayward and it was so loud that the guy next door said he would buy me a new pump if I just get rid of it. He went to Denmark and he’s gonna be surprised when he gets back.

Hello Donald,

We are happy to hear that you and your neighbor will enjoy the quiet operation of your new pump.

Happy Swimming!

Jandy

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

My pool pump died and I purchased the Jandy pump 101 medium HP FloPro. The professional installed it, and it was super easy. It has been performing exactly the way it should. It was not cheap, but the quality of the product is good.

Hello Ash,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Jandy

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I’m 100% satisfied with the pump that I got from Jandy. I had no problems when I purchased it and since I had it installed, its performance has been good. I like it. Ironically, we just had another one installed at my parent’s house yesterday. They’ve a home next to mine and they got the one horsepower.

Hello Michelle,

We are happy to hear that you and your family are enjoying the performance of your new pumps.

Swim On!

Jandy

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I bought a house and its pool is really old. I couldn’t even clean it. So, I had to hire a pool cleaning service and they said that the pump I got needed to be replaced. A couple of days after they said that, the thing pretty much crapped out. They recommended Jandy, and then they installed the pump that I have. It is working very well.

Hello AJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Jandy Pro Series Company Information