Call toll free
4.34/5

Vista, CA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

Jandy Pro Series Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

323 Jandy Pro Series Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Our pool is 25 years old and I went to the place where I buy my supplies. I replaced the motor last year and the whole pool had to be redone. We needed a new pump and new heater and the pool people recommended Jandy Pro. The cost was about what I expected. However, I am disappointed because I thought there's a rebate. There was a $400 rebate a year ago so that significantly made me go with them. I registered it online probably a month after they put it in and they said they would check to see if there were rebates online. I waited and waited and I really haven’t heard anything. I called Jandy and they go, “No. There’s no rebates on heaters in California.” Other than that I'm happy. The reps were very nice and very polite. They were local, down south in the San Diego area. The heater seems very efficient as well, and it's very easy to turn on and off. I just look at the buttons and hit it.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We purchased the Plus-HP Variable Speed Pump from Jandy Pro and it's doing well. Most of everything we have is Jandy. I'm satisfied with them.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi John, Thanks for rating your experience with Jandy Pro Series equipment. Our products are designed to provide reliable performance so you can have the perfect pool experience. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to elevate your experience. We're listening at feedback@zodiac.com. All the Best, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I’ve got automation equipment through Jandy and it’s good. However, the waterproofing in all of the controller is less than desirable. I replaced a previous FloPro that had only been there a little over two and a half, so I wasn’t real happy with that. They’re priced up in the higher end so the quality ought to be better. But overall, it keeps the utility cost down and I’m happy with that.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Don, Thanks for your feedback! We're glad the pump is saving you money and providing reliable water circulation. We'd be interested in learning more about the water damage you faced. Can you please tell us more information at feedback@zodiac.com?

To the Perfect Swim,

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

A guy who installs swimming pool equipment advised me that Jandy has good products. I got a Jandy Stealth Pump and Jandy Pro Series from that company. However, they replaced the first unit I got about three months after I got it. Something happened to the unit and so I called the company. It took their reps some time to call back. I kept calling and calling and when I got through, they sent someone out to install the replacement, which took a week. Nevertheless, the equipment has been performing pretty well since then and my pool looks really clean with them working pretty well. Despite the issues I had, I recommend Jandy.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Ramon, Thanks for your loyalty and recommendation of Jandy products. We're so happy to know that your pool is clean and that you don't have to worry about your pool equipment. Here's to many carefree swims! Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I had a pool heater that failed. It was a really old one, a Hayward, which was in the house before I bought it. I thought of replacing it with an updated model but when I called my pool maintenance guy, he suggested Jandy Pro Series so we went with it. He did all the work for me and did the installation as well. It was at the beginning of summer when it broke and by the time I got the new one in, it’s the middle of the summer so I haven’t really had to use it very much. I’ve tried it a couple of times though and it’s easy to put in and it’s working okay.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Robin, Thanks for sharing your Jandy product experience with others. We hope you receive many reliable swim seasons from your Jandy heater. We are here if you need any support. Best, Jandy Pro Series

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Our pool professional recommended Jandy when the old filter stopped working and we purchased the Diatomaceous Earth Filter. Our experience with them has been fine. So far, the filter works and it hasn't broken down since it's been installed. Jandy Pro Series is better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Bob, Thanks for telling us your Jandy story! We're glad your Diatomaceous Earth Filter has been reliably cleaning your pool. If there's anything else we can do to improve your experience, please let us know! We're listening at feedback@zodiac.com. Best, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My husband and I bought a house 3 years ago in October with an inground pool. When we opened the pool the following year the pool equipment was old and hardly worked. The pool company we were using to open it suggested new equipment and recommended Jandy over Hayward equipment. My husband and myself both had had pools before with Hayward equipment with no problems but opted to go with the recommendation of the pool company and went with Jandy. We are so sorry we did after only 2 seasons are Jandy pump quit working and we had to get another one. The Hayward pump last years.

Now our Jandy heater is causing an excess of copper in our water and making the liner, steps, ladder, etc. to be discolored brown and the heater only being 2 years old also is not covered. We spent a lot of money to supposed to buy the best pool equipment. I beg to differ. It’s all faulty generic equipment that does not last and Jandy does not stand behind their product!!!

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Kris, Our customer service representatives are eager to help resolve the issues you're facing with your equipment. We reached out to you via email on October 8, but haven't heard back yet. Please provide us with your phone number and a good time to call you at feedback@zodiac.com. Jandy always stands behind its products and we want to make things right. Highest Regards, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We have a pool service and every time we have something updated, Jandy is the company they recommend. Around late July, the professional who takes care of our pool installed the Jandy FloPro head pump and the Jandy Blower and they've been great. The cost was fine too. It wasn't very far out of line from what we had purchased in the past. We have no complaints.

Jandy Pro Series response

We appreciate your positive feedback, Lori. Please enjoy your Jandy equipment and have a perfect swim! - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Our pool professional purchased a TruClear Saltwater Chlorinator from Jandy Pro Series as a replacement for one that stopped working and he did the installation as well. We put in our pool six years ago and this is our second full system but we've had other things replaced too. The reliability was decent and the cost was fine. So far, it has been performing well and is absolutely easy to maintain.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi India, We're glad you are enjoying the benefits of carefree pool sanitation from your Jandy TruClear Saltwater Chlorinator. We hope you enjoy a splash in your clean pool! - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Our pool builder put in the Jandy pool equipment and said that they registered all the equipment. I was also able to register some of the equipment myself. We have a heater among a lot of stuff, and the pump is running. Everything's worked fine except for some issues I had with the AquaLink remote. I spoke with a customer service rep about it and he listened to what I had been through with that remote. The experience was very quick and simple, and he sent me a new one, which took care of my problem.

Jandy Pro Series response

Thanks for your honest and thorough review, Jeffrey. We hope you continue to have a positive experience and we're here if you need anything! Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

The purchasing experience with Jandy was pretty easy, but their website was clunky and needs to be more user-friendly. I like the hardware that I bought from them, it works great, heats low and does everything it’s supposed to do.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Jason, Thanks for your feedback! We'd like to hear more about the suggestions you have for our website, www.Jandy.com. Please email more details to feedback@zodiac.com. Thank you, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My previous spa heater stopped working and I got a Jandy JXi Pool & Spa Heater from Jandy Pro. I had it installed by a professional and it was messy and disjointed. He realized that he was not equipped to do the gas plumbing necessary once he got there and we had to get a second professional to do it. It delayed the project and they didn't tell us upfront that they wouldn't be able to do the gas pump so, it was frustrating. The pool is not functioning right now. It’s only a few months old and I have warranty issues with it already.

The pool equipment sucks but interacting with the customer service reps have been good as well as the responsiveness. I asked them for some advice to see if I can self-diagnose the issue I'm having with JXi. They wrote back and said that I needed a professional to come out and that it was within warranty. I wrote back that the warranty was just for the parts and not for the labor. It was gonna cost me money to get a professional out here to deal with this. They gave me a warranty outlet where they would cover parts and labor. If I can make that work, I'll be pleased about it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

When we built a brand-new pool, we bought a cartridge filter, head pump and spa heater from Jandy Pro Series and they're great. They're high quality products and I'm really happy with them. They're a little pricey, but all pool equipment are so it's reasonable. We had an issue with something and my installer and Jandy took care of it.

Jandy Pro Series response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Taylor! We're so glad you are happy with your Jandy products and interactions with our company. Happy Swimming! Jandy Pro Series

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

When I redid my pool, I was getting laminar jets, and I got the CS100 because it was recommended. I also did my own research and bought them from Jandy Pro. I'm running a separate system for the three laminar jets with the CS100 filter and the water feature pump. I do my own as for the chemicals, but, as far as the closings and making sure all the water is out of the lines because I live in the north, I have professionals do that. The pool has been pretty good.

However, there were some limitations to them that I wasn't aware of because I went through a whole long thing with Jandy, and the tech support was kind of a nightmare. I had filed a question because after I fired the first guy, I wanted to find somebody. I wanted to make sure that the work had been done correctly, so I was trying to confirm that the way that he had plumbed them was right because the deck had all been ripped out. Also, I wasn't gonna allow anyone to pour concrete until it was confirmed that all the connections were correct.

And the first time I contacted the Jandy tech support, the gentleman was very helpful. I explained the situation, and we went on round robin about two or three times. They also had me take pictures and send them. Then, after about a week of that, that gentleman went on vacation. The actual tech guy said that he couldn't work with me because his supervisor said that they couldn't get between me and my pool man. However, I didn't have a pool man, and that was what the whole problem was! So, I was really kinda pissed off because they didn't really provide any.

I spent $25,000 on these laminar jets, and I'm trying to find out if these have been plumbed right. Then, finally, I found a pool professional locally through no help of the Jandy website. Jandy website was incorrect in terms of the two or three people it planned. The one guy referred me to someone who only does it on new pools, and then the other guy said, "I've never done it," so he didn't know why he was even listed on the website. So, as far as that whole thing with Jandy, it was like, "Okay. I gotta find somebody who really knows what they're talking about because I'm not getting any help from the manufacturer."

The pool was built in 1957, and I had to replace all the plumbing and the drains. And at that point, we had to rip out the deck and dig everything out. We decided to put Jandy Pro lights in, as well as the laminar jets, and the water feature pump, and the wiring. I probably spent about $15,000 in all of this. Their equipment is good, but I found their support really terrible. If I had known I wasn't gonna be able to get professionals who had done this stuff before, I wouldn't have been buying it all myself.

Dear David,

We are deeply sorry you had a difficult experience finding the right pool professional in your area. The dealer locator tool is intended to help pool owners locate professionals in their local area, but some research and comparison may still be required to find the right pro to match the service and renovation requirements.

We also understand that it may be frustrating for our technical support department to decline to walk you through complex plumbing and installation steps. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide in-depth support to homeowners in certain technical situations due to safety liabilities. We recommend pool owners consult a licensed pool & spa professional in their area.

We hope you understand these precautions are set in place to protect our customers and to promote safe and trustworthy product installations. If you have further feedback for us, we'd love to hear more details at feedback@zodiac.com.

Best Regards,

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My personal pool guy installed Jandy's JS100 Packout Assembly, a pool spa heater to replace the old one that wasn't working anymore. He got it per his recommendation and he did the installation very efficiently. The new heater works extremely well and it’s quicker to heat up my spa. It is pretty pricey but so far, the quality is good.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Our pool professional recommended Jandy Pro Series. I liked the cartridge filter I got from them. It's a good quality product, and it has been performing great.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I got the super deluxe model of the Jandy VS FloPro Variable Speed Pump and accomplished nothing. I was given two options by the pool company and I was told that Jandy offers a better service contract so I got them. However, the system is overpriced. I paid $1,000 for this when the typical pump is only $450 to $500 so it’s ludicrous. They say it pays for itself overtime. My electric bill is usually $350 a month and I expected around $60 savings but I haven't seen that. They said that maybe the kids use more power. But they claim that this represents 40% of my electric bill. I’m not that smart but I know how to find good people so I let the pool reps do the maintenance. I don’t touch it. It’s too computerized. It also has a loud noise. It sounds like an airplane taking off. But the pool looks clean and everything I have is Jandy.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi William, Thanks for sharing your honest opinion of the Jandy VS FloPro variable-speed pump. The best way to get energy savings from your pump is to utilize the lowest flow settings for low usage times and the higher flow settings when there is greater demand (kids, many swimmers, etc.). Your pool professional can inform you of the current flow cycles the pump is operating at. Some adjustments may be able to help you achieve the savings you are looking for. Ultimately, we're happy to know your pool is clean and the pump is performing reliably. If you'd like to speak with a Jandy product specialist, simply email us at feedback@zodiac.com or call (800) 822-7933. Best Regards, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We bought a home in November and when we opened the pool for the first time and looked at the equipment, it was literally 30 years old. We wanted to go ahead and replace everything and I got advice from Swim Gem and picked the system they thought was best which was the Jandy Pro Series, and they installed it really quickly and really well. It has been a great system all summer long. I love it. It’s easy to use. The pool has been maintenance-free. You hear stories about pools are hard to maintain and hard to keep clean and I haven’t had that experience at all. If you check your water and you know what the numbers are supposed to look like, it’s not very hard. The system has made it easier for me. It was a really good price. I would highly recommend Jandy Pro Series.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We had a new pool built and a Jandy equipment was put in by our contractor. We've had a couple of issues since it's been installed, but they are some random things. When I call in to Jandy, they would filter me through to somebody in our area locally. We've had some trouble with the salt and with the heater freezing up. After we tried to get a hold of somebody at Jandy, we ultimately went through our pool guy who had a connection.We had to replace the handle of the chlorinator and there was one other issue that we had to have our pool guy work on. Our pool service takes care of things once a week and they adjust the jets and the filters. I've also always had, just right off the gate, a really severe mineral line around the water line which I assume is too much salt in the water. It's an unsightly line around the tile that we seem to have gotten immediately and can't get off. Otherwise, we have a very clean pool and it's very low maintenance.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had a good pump before, also a Jandy, but it was very old. I wanted to stick with the same so we replaced it with Jandy Pro Series. The purchasing experience was flawless. I have a pool guy and he bought and installed it for me. He maintains them too. The quality of the pump is very good and so far, the system has been performing perfectly.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I found the Jandy Pro Series heater online then I spoke to them over the phone to purchase it. I received excellent customer service from their reps. They were very responsive, professional, and assisted me in a timely manner. Then I had someone from Jandy install the heater and everything was perfect.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Our old pump went out and we needed a new one. The guys that come out and keep our pool maintained recommended Jandy Pro. They, then, ordered it for me and installed it as well. We changed it over to saltwater from chlorine. The other pump, if you were outside anywhere in the yard, you could hear it. This one, even if you are sitting right on top of it, it is very quiet. I'd recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We ordered through Jandy since my house had an old heater which was a Jandy one. The motor's good, but we're still waiting on the heater. Still, it's awesome and it saves energy. I'm really happy.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The technician who was doing my pool service one time recommended Jandy to me. I chose to buy a salt chlorinator system which he acquired at the place where he buys his equipment. He then installed it for me. I've gotten rid of that technician since and a new person has been maintaining it. Currently, the chlorinator keeps a more even level of chlorine in my system so I don't have spikes and drops. Normally, we put a bunch of chlorine once a week in the summer. Since its installation, the chlorinator has kept a more steady flow. However, it hasn't been as maintenance free as I had expected.

Customer service is my number one complaint about Jandy. While the product itself seems to be doing what it needs to do, it had a leak recently so I had to call customer service. There wasn't even a number available online. I emailed support and they only gave me a list of people that are authorized service companies. I knew I would need to call one of them. I told the rep that I already have a pool maintenance person and that it's a product that I could send pictures of how badly it's leaking and where. When I did that, Jandy took a week to respond and when they did, they said that the only way they could have a warranty service is through one of their authorized dealers.

So, I ended up having to call Jeff & Karen's Pool Service and it took almost a month to get the replacement part because they said it was on backorder. But then when my regular pool maintenance person went to Jandy directly, their reps told him it wasn't on back order and they could give him a unit right away. At that point however, I already had a request with the person I was told I had to go through for Jandy's warranty service. Overall, when Jandy's product is working, it's fine. Still, I will never go with Jandy again because of the service level I received. People should look at other options.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Jeffrey, We are deeply sorry your service experience was less than satisfactory. One of our representatives will give you a call within 48 hours to speak with you personally. Best Regards, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My purchasing experience with Jandy was fine. I chose the Jandy heater myself based on feedback that I had from the various people that have purchased it. And then, I asked my pool guy when we decided on the installation to go with that unit. It was installed by a professional and they did fine. I have my regular pool company that does the maintenance of it. It’s been fine now with the exception of a couple of times when we’ve had a problem with the wireless connection but it started working after a while. The cost was quite high though but we're very happy with the overall quality of the heater. It was for our rental units. And so, it obviously makes it easier for renters to be able to use the pool when it’s cooler. I’d recommend Jandy Pro Series.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I needed the heater for my pool. I had a good experience with the old one, a Jandy, but it was 15 years old so it needed to be replaced. I figured the last one was good, so I went with Jandy Pro Series again and it was installed by a professional. He had a little problem putting it in and I got involved and helped because calling up the Jandy hotline and trying to get somebody to come in and properly install the heater after the first person was having issues was basically useless.

They kept telling me to call people and I called them and they would say, “No, we don’t do that.” I said, “I got your number from Jandy.” And they said, “Well, I don’t know why Jandy keeps giving out our number but we don’t do that.” They didn’t have anybody in Staten Island, New York where I live which is a half a million people and they couldn’t give me anybody within that area. They gave me people that were in New Jersey who wouldn’t come to New York. And then, they gave me somebody else that was in Long Island, New York, which is a three-hour drive. So he would have to drive three hours here to fix the heater and drive three hours home, and he refused to do that. So, I wound up doing it myself because I couldn’t get anybody to fix it. But once I did it, it seems to be working good since then.

Overall, the cost was fair, the quality is fine and it’s easy to maintain. I get a longer season out of it. But I wouldn’t count on Jandy fixing it for me. They don't have anybody to talk to at all. I would recommend their product but not their services because if you have a problem, you’re on your own. I happened to be a handy person. If you’re not a handy person, you’re out of luck.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have been extremely disappointed with the Jandy warranty services and their representative in Georgia Pool Tech. I purchased my heater in May 2018 and it is gushing water out the side in 3 months. Jandy will not stand by their warranty citing chemical damage. Really? You don't run chemicals through your pool? My last heater lasted 30 years. The Pool Tech representative said "They don't make them the same as they used to 30 years ago" You think so? Very rude to deal with and wasted $2031 plus installation of $300. Don't buy any of their products!

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Linda, Your product experience is extremely important to us. One of our product specialists will be contacting you to discuss possible solutions. Thank you for your patience. - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Our pool for over 30 years had a DE Filter and we had to have a separation tank when we backwash because of the location of the pool in the neighborhood. So over the years, I’ve been nursing this old Anthony pool equipment and they’re harder and harder to find. My pool service provider recommended Jandy Pro cartridge filter which would eliminate all the excess work. So I went over to the store over the winter, took a look at it, and it was a no-brainer. Then we had the filter installed some time in March and opened the pool in May. We have 11 grandchildren that live within walking distance, and this a very child-active area, and we have people in the pool all the time. We also had a 4th of July party where we invited a lot of people. A lot of people came and that was the only time this summer that the water got slightly grey. My wife and I decided to leave the pump all night and by the next day, it was crystal clear.

We were told that when the pressure gauge got to 20, it was time to clean the filter. We just closed the pool early September and I never had to open it up. So the guys from our service provider have taken the filter and the cartridges, and they're gonna clean them for me, and we put them back in there. And we saved a lot of money on any excess chlorine. We usually have to put back Shock in there but now we have an extra box of Shock left over because we haven’t used it. We've been living in this house for 34 years and this is, by far, the absolute best experience, and we didn't have to worry about it too much. I worked through my dealer, and every time I was in the store to do something, I would grab one of the guys and thank them for introducing Jandy Pro to me. I would even go on TV for Jandy Pro.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I own a pool cleaning business. I purchased Jandy Pro Series equipment for my customers and I also purchased it for my house because I was upgrading to new energy efficient equipment and getting rid of the single speed outdated stuff. Their customer service and their reps are outstanding. I bought a variable speed, a heater, blower, filter, booster pump, pool cleaner and another pump for my water heater. I did the installation myself and it was wonderful. The products are very user-friendly that anybody can do it. They're top of the line and very reasonable compared to some of the other ones that are out there. They have made my pool maintenance a lot easier because everything is compatible with my system and I have the ability to control it from my phone.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I called Thomas Pools, a local store and they referred the Jandy brand heater. The guy installed it but he couldn’t make it work. He said something was stuck in the pipe in the swimming pool. When the pool water gets to the spa, the water will be drained quickly. Every ten minutes, the spa water goes 1 inch lower and eventually, it drains out. I called Jandy to check the equipment and their customer service team answered my questions. It was a good interaction. They made an appointment and sent the same local maintenance service guy that comes to my house. He checked it and there was no problem. Then, he called me and said that there was something wrong with the pipe. Something was stuck and blocks the water to return to the spa.

Right now, I don’t use the heater since it can’t heat up the pool. When the water flow is low, the crumpling sound won't stop. You will hear it right away, so you would think something is wrong and turn it off. Something in the design needs to be modified. If you want the best brand, you should get a different one. However, Jandy could be a second option.

Dear Randy,

We're so sorry you've had a frustrating experience that has prevented you from using your pool heater. Upon further investigation, our local service representatives have determined that there is an issue with your plumbing and not the heater. The rattling sound you mentioned is due to low water flow through the heater. You will need to contact a local plumber to address the plumbing issue.

We wish you a speedy resolution!

Jandy Pro Series expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.

• Versa Plumb® system: The Jandy Pro Series Versa Plumb system includes a pump, heater, filter, valves and salt system. It reduces hydraulic resistance and uses less horsepower, resulting in energy savings.

• Water sanitizers: Jandy offers several water sanitizers for your pool or hot tub, including the TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, Jandy Pro Series Ozone Generator, AquaPure® Salt Water Pool System and AquaPure® Ei™ saltwater sanitation system.

• AquaLink® Control Systems: Jandy Pro Series uses its exclusive AquaLink® control system to fully automate many pool and spa features including LED lighting, temperature maintenance, salt and chlorination and more. Users can also install the iAquaLink™ app to control these features from smartphones or tablets.

• Online videos: Jandy’s website offers a series of helpful videos about its products, including how to install and use various products and how to control your pool or hot tub’s automation.

• Online calculators: Jandy offers several equipment calculators on its website, so you can calculate potential costs and energy savings. The calculators include Pool Pump Savings, Pool Heater Cost, Pool Heater Sizing and Spa Heater Sizing.

• Online calculators: Jandy pool products are available through independent pool builders, pool product retailers and pool service professionals.

• Best for: those who need pool or hot tub parts and products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs