Call toll free
4.36/5

Vista, CA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

Jandy Pro Series Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

417 Jandy Pro Series Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 22, 2019

After only 9 months of use this heater completely failed and was not repairable... Service people said it was damaged by chemicals in the water. However my pool company measures the ph in my pool every week and follows the test kit and chart exactly. Expensive heater that worked great but only for 9 months.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We had our pool renovated so we got a new Jandy Pro Series control system, a heater and a blower and added a spa to the pool as well. We wanted a system that comes with its own remote so we got an AquaLink 2.0 and we had actually asked for the remote that comes with the system. Our concern was if we have to do it with our phones and if we have to update our phones at some point, then I'd rather have a hardwired remote. But our pool professional who did the installation said that that's not a thing anymore and that it has to be through the app. Then we had a little bit of difficulty with the heater control and it wasn't controlling it through the phone. We could not get the heater to turn on. So, our guy had to have someone else come out and do some sort of setup, and then it worked fine. It wasn't originally enabled but we're all done with it now and it works well through the app. We're happy with the Jandy system.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you are all set. If you have additional concerns, please reach out to our technical support department at (800) 822-7933. They will be happy to assist you.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 14, 2019

I needed the Jandy equipment ‘cause I have the hot tub. I got the AquaLink and it is good. Everything is working the way it should be. And for the price, it's a little bit higher than all the other brands that I know out there, but the quality is better. I also love the website navigation and the purchasing experience. Everything is synchronized and I could do it from my iPhone.

Hello Sam,

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the ease using your pool equipment from the palm of your hand.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 8, 2019

I'm a pool professional and I needed a pool equipment to update an old equipment. The Jandy product is good. I’m always on my phone looking at it. I think it controls me. I installed it myself and it was easy. Jandy is fine.

Hello Evan,

Thank you for your feedback. Wishing you all the best while enjoying the ease of controlling your equipment from the palm of your hands.

Happy Swimming!

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 7, 2019

The iAquaLink Web Connect Device from Jandy Pro seems to be working fine. The quality is what I was expecting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 6, 2019

We were going on vacation, came back and our filter wasn't working. Our pool guy came out many times, took pictures and got a hold of Jandy Pro's people who could help him and know what to do. He was trying to figure out whether to put in the same thing that we had or go with something else. He put in what we had and we didn't have to redo our panel. With what he put in, it runs slower and it seems to be better as far as energy. He has it on for quite a while, but he's telling us that it will save energy, and I can still track it on my phone. I'm very satisfied.

Hello Carol,

Thank you for your feedback. We noticed that you left a three-star rating and we would like to learn how we can improve any issues that you may be experiencing. Please email us if you'd like us to help troubleshoot your equipment.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 5, 2019

Champion Pools did a complete pool installation in the new house from beginning to end. I'm very familiar with Hayward products because I was a pool owner before, but Champion uses Jandy and they said it's far more superior to Hayward. The technicians that came out to install the hardware had no issues and everything is working well. I can see that the quality is a lot better from the way the filter housing is. It's very simple and easy to remove.

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback. We want to wish you a happy swim season.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 4, 2019

My old filter was not working and I needed a new one. My pool man did it all. The pool has been working and looking good since the filter was installed. I’m very satisfied with Jandy Pro.

Hello Nazie,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your new Jandy equipment.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 3, 2019

Our former motherboard fried and our pool guy recommended the board he put in which was from Jandy. So, we got that one. Our pool has been functioning properly since then. It's cleaning and doing what it's supposed to do. Jandy products are good, and their reps were great. It was really easy to get a hold of them.

Hello Tom,

We are happy to hear that you're enjoying the ease of using your new system.

Happy Swimming,

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 2, 2019

The panel shorted out on the AquaLink and my pool professional purchased a pool service repair from Jandy. It's been good so far but I've got something else going on with the heater which wasn't working for the spa. It was on but something wasn't circulating through it and the water wasn't getting hot. I had an issue where it lost connection and I didn't know why, but the service guy walked me through it. It was last weekend and almost after hours but he walked me through the whole thing and got the heater back to working. I was really appreciative of him getting me through all that and that was great.

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing heater issues and we will have a technical specialist reach out to you.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 1, 2019

I spent several months worth of time and effort and resources trying to get the pool equipment back up to work. Every time I had it worked on, it would work for one or two times and then it would quit again. So I decided I needed to replace it rather than continuing putting parts in it. I went shopping and the people that did the repairs recommended the Jandy equipment. I had it installed by a Jandy distributor and installation company. The pool heater seems to be working for what it is designed to do. I turn it on and it just takes 35 seconds and then it kicks in. I highly recommend Jandy in my area.

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for recommending us to others. Wishing a fantastic swim season.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I had to replace my original pool pump which was making a high pitched squealing noise. My pool professional recommended the Jandy Pro variable-speed pump so I got one. Their reps were able to address my questions and concerns with my first pump. The installation of the new one was smooth and the quality of the product is pretty good. Since I got the new pump, it has been easy to use and maintain.

Hello Carl,

We are happy to hear that you're enjoying your new variable-speed pump.

Happy Swimming!

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

When my skimmer pump died on me, I purchased a Jandy product from an installer. The price was reasonable compared to what the other ones were. Plus, I got a $200 rebate. It also has the single wireless compatibility. But it is not universal with other controllers. Maybe Jandy can make it more functional with something else to control it rather than one device. My only problem is that I can’t turn on the heat pump at the same time. It’s a different brand. That aside, everything has been working well. The installation had been pretty easy too.

Hello John,

Thank you for your feedback. We will share your feedback with our product development team for future product enhancements.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My other Jandy Pro went bad so I bought another one. I just relied on my knowledgeable pool guy. He upsized the pump so I'm pleased. So far, everything's fine. The new one is still working since its installation and it seems to have done a better job.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The pool builder suggested getting a salt water chlorinator and a few other parts like filters from Jandy Pro. They also had a two-year warranty and it was better than other companies, so I went with them. The pool builder did all the installation and the cost of the equipment was packaged into the building. So far, everything's doing really good. I have the Jandy Pro products for only a few months but I'm happy.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My pool guy purchased a Jandy Pro for me and comes in every other week, so he has a handle on it. The equipment cost was fair and it kept my pool clean. My experience with Jandy Pro has been good so far.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Our pool equipment was outdated and it was recommended by the pool mechanic that we have or we use when we have issues that we needed a new one. We purchased the PlusHP Variable-Speed Pump, the saltwater chlorinator, and the cartridge filter from Jandy and had our pool professional install them. But I'm having issues with one of the filters or the pumps. I go to adjust it because it's only really adjustable through the app and it loses connection constantly. I should be able to change it, turn it, or shut it off from anywhere but it drops connection and I can't. Other than that, I'm extremely pleased with everything we've purchased. The pool is basically maintenance-free. I'm not happy with being able to control the equipment but I would still recommend Jandy.

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that yo're enjoying your new equipment, and we'd like to ensure that your equipment is properly installed.

Please reach out to us, if you'd like a technical support representative to assist you.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The pool heater is perfect. It took a long time to finally get it installed because the hook up to the gas was complicated. We needed some specialist for the gas and we waited for a month before we got it hooked up. But the installation was great. The two guys came and they took an hour to install. The Jandy Pro equipment is working good. We are happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased a new pump for my pool from Jandy Pro Series to replace another one. I had a good experience when I purchased the equipment. The service representatives were good, informative and helpful. The product was installed by a pool professional, but I do the maintenance on it and it is easy to maintain. The quality of the product is good and it has been working fine.

Hello George,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that as the homeowner you find our equipment easy to use and to maintain. Wishing you a happy swim season!

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We wanted the convenience of automating our pool and spa, so we purchased a pool automation system from Jandy Pro Series. We were thinking of a different system, but the pool professionals recommended Jandy. They thought that the Jandy system was way more convenient and easy to use, and had a smaller footprint too. Then we had Jandy install it for us. The installation went smoothly and everything worked. The installer was extremely thorough and persistent. We were trying to run a wire to our light and he took his time. We thought that was not gonna work as we had a conduit going under our flagstone, but he persisted and was successful.

The product has been performing perfectly since it was installed and we hope it continues that way. It has made the pool maintenance a lot more convenient. It just requires the touch of a button. Before, we used to have to go and physically change some bulbs in order to turn on our spa. But now, if we have guests in our home, they just use the app to turn on the spa, so it has streamlined things in our life and it is easy to be automated.

Hello Nancy,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the ease of using our equipment. Wishing you a happy swim season!

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I bought a new variable speed pump from Jandy. And I also got the interface from them which was an upgrade over what I had before. To have it partially mechanized is helpful. It's affordable for what it can accomplish and it's running well. I enjoy the interface. It is helpful and I think in a warmer weather, it'll be more helpful. Moreover, the pump is fantastic. I'm really enjoying taking care of the pool with that. I'm very pleased with Jandy. I spoke with their technical people before choosing the pump, and they were very helpful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've always had Jandy products, and everything works as it is supposed to. We do not have any big surprises with it so far. One downfall is that we switched out our systems from the salt system to a regular chlorine system because the one from Jandy was not the best. Other than than, we recently bought a Jandy pump as a replacement for the original pump that we had, and the process was simple. We went with like for like. I dealt with a very reputable pool company here in The Woodlands whom I've been dealing with for a few years.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My pool guy installed the Medium FloPro Pump from Jandy and it's a nice-looking product. The strainer opening seems a little difficult to put on and off compared to my other one. With my other one, I was supposed to put Vaseline on the O-ring and I put Vaseline on this one but it didn't seem to help too much. Also, they're all too expensive. I went years with my Sta-Rite Pump. Just having it rebuilt every couple of years and that lasted 30 years. You're always having the motor redone. It's gonna take a long time for this one to prove itself as good as the Sta-Rite but so far, so good. I would recommend Jandy.

Hello Ed,

Thank you for your feedback. Our technical support representatives are here to help ensure that your equipment is correctly set-up. If you'd like their assistance, please email us and we will have someone reach out to you.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased the pool heater and the VersaFlo Bypass System from Jandy. I looked into it myself and chose Jandy because of the price, ratings, and reviews. I had the products installed by a professional and they have been working great. Also, the quality was good for the price, especially with who I got it from. I'm happy with the purchase.

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for choosing Jandy and welcome to the family!

Happy Swimming,

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We had a Jandy control panel previously and after about five years, we couldn't read the screen anymore. So we got another one and it's working fine. It's simple to use. So, we're very happy. The quality has been very good so far. Hopefully it lasts longer than the other one.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new Jandy equipment.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I got an AquaLink 2.0 upgrade kit from Jandy product. I've also put in a pump. I had a system in there before and I upgraded it to be able to use it remotely, which was helpful for me because I live in Georgia. I have a few residences, so I can control it from afar. Using the Jandy product has an energy impact. I have a camera on the swimming pool, and when I noticed the pool was running, I was able to quickly go into the Jandy product and turn off the pool. It allows me to save a little bit on power. I had a little bit of problem getting it programmed exactly what I wanted because of the user interface and some quirky things with the system. Some of the things were not as intuitive as I would like but I was able to get the help I needed, and they were quickly back on track. There's always opportunities to improve the technology and the user interface a little bit, but overall, I like the technology.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will share your insights with the appropriate team for future product developments.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My pool needed a blower and the pool guy that I called to figure out why my jets weren't working the way they should.recommended the Jandy Pro Series product. I had the part installed professionally and the installation took an hour. I've had the blower installed for a couple of months and everything is working perfectly so far. Although I've only used it a few times, it seems to be doing what it was installed to do. I do the maintenance on my pool and come into contact with the Jandy products regularly. My experience with the Jandy pool equipment has been fine.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We built a brand-new pool and we selected certain features, and Jandy is the pool builder's preferred vendor. They purchased and installed the products. It’s part of our package. The installation of everything was straightforward for the most part, it’s . There were a couple of things that I would change that I really don’t like about the Jandy equipment specifically in the way it’s plumbed. I really do not like that when I go to empty the main screener basket that’s right before the pump itself, it siphons all the water back out unless I quickly take the basket out and quickly get the lid back on. Also, I have to go through a whole manual priming exercise to suck the water back into the pool in my hot tub. So, there should be something that stops that when there’s no pressure on the line when the pump is not running. It’s a frustrating experience. Other than that, everything seems to be fine. It’s quiet and does its job.

Hello Brian,

We appreciate your insightful feedback and will share it with our product development team.

Janda Pro Seris

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

When we bought the house, the pool filter we had was too small for the size of the pool. When we renovated, we got the Jandy Pro Series filter which was a little larger than what we had. I looked it up myself and found that the company has been around for a while. It also seemed like they would do the job for us, and they did. So far it's been so good and the pool looks pretty. It's clear, clean and inviting. We got our pool inspected today by the city inspector and everything seemed to be running fine. It's also good to know that the option of reaching out to them should an issue arise is out there and there would be no reason not to recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My heater went out and I had to buy a new one. I got a Jandy Pro Series JXi Pool Heater 400 Natural, and it is too expensive but it has been performing very well. So far, so good.

Jandy Pro Series expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.

• Versa Plumb® system: The Jandy Pro Series Versa Plumb system includes a pump, heater, filter, valves and salt system. It reduces hydraulic resistance and uses less horsepower, resulting in energy savings.

• Water sanitizers: Jandy offers several water sanitizers for your pool or hot tub, including the TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, Jandy Pro Series Ozone Generator, AquaPure® Salt Water Pool System and AquaPure® Ei™ saltwater sanitation system.

• AquaLink® Control Systems: Jandy Pro Series uses its exclusive AquaLink® control system to fully automate many pool and spa features including LED lighting, temperature maintenance, salt and chlorination and more. Users can also install the iAquaLink™ app to control these features from smartphones or tablets.

• Online videos: Jandy’s website offers a series of helpful videos about its products, including how to install and use various products and how to control your pool or hot tub’s automation.

• Online calculators: Jandy offers several equipment calculators on its website, so you can calculate potential costs and energy savings. The calculators include Pool Pump Savings, Pool Heater Cost, Pool Heater Sizing and Spa Heater Sizing.

• Online calculators: Jandy pool products are available through independent pool builders, pool product retailers and pool service professionals.

• Best for: those who need pool or hot tub parts and products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs