Call toll free
4.62/5
Based on 153 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vista, CA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

237 Jandy Pro Series Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have installed four of these guys for our clients and have had a positive experience. Until now I have only sold the Pentair Mastertemp 400 and Rheem m406a models. It combines the convenient size of the MasterTemp and the Aqualink interface capability of the Rheem into one unit. Since 90% of our clients have Aqualink automation systems this is a big plus. Easy to install with its versatile set of PVC unions and external gas line. Having Mathew ** promptly troubleshoot issues I have is a big bonus. So yea!!!We won't sell another type of heater.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The initial pump we had died on us and someone at the pool store recommended a Jandy brand and we found the right person to install it. He was an independent individual that installed pumps. The installation wasn’t too difficult. They just had to make some modifications on electrical because we have 110 and it needed to be 220. The pump is pretty quiet compared to the last one. We barely know it’s on. So far, it’s been great. The quality seems like it’s a really durable pump. In a few more months we’ll be able to see what we’re saving as far as electric. Being a variable speed, it fluctuates according to the water so, our bill should be lower. That’s what we really expect. I would recommend to people to do their research and research the different products that are out there before they make a decision. But I feel we made the right decision especially with the rebate from the electric company. So, it must be very energy-efficient for you to qualify for a rebate.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I've had a good experience with Jandy Pro Series. We bought the house a year and a half ago and at the time of the inspection, we found out the old heater that had been here since 2008 was no longer functioning. A salesperson came out and brought me brochures and made the recommendation. And then a few days later, South Florida Pool Heating came in and installed the heater. I wasn’t here at the house when they did it, but they came in in the morning and had it done within a couple of hours. It went smoothly and the product seems to function well. When we want heat, we know we can have the pool heated within three, four hours’ time. The cost was fair based on what I’ve been told by some of my other friends in the neighborhood.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Our pump had broken and Jandy Pro Series was the best choice that we could make. I saw the cost-saving reason behind it, but I did not know about the brand until the pool company informed me about it. I had the product installed by my professional and it's superb. It a quiet pump. I can sleep at night and I’ve been saving myself some money every month. The representatives were professional, courteous and customer service oriented. My experience altogether has been outstanding.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We had a pool with Jandy equipment for 18 years. We have since relocated and are living in Arizona. We had another pool installed and our preference for Jandy equipment helped lead us to the builder we selected. We maintain our own pool and we got a cartridge filter from Jandy. Their larger filters are now easier to remove and install. Also, the canister is now a lot easier to manage than it used to be. I no longer have the fear of the thing popping off at me once I relieve the pressure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: April 6, 2018

The pool pump was noisy and old, and I didn’t want any problems. A contractor recommended everything that we’d do and I bought the whole Jandy Pro Series thing with the heater and the air conditioning, with everything electric. The new pump is much better now, and it’s quiet and much stronger. So far, the quality of the Jandy Pro Series products is good. I will recommend them.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I put a new pool in and my brother owns a pool cleaning business and he recommended the Jandy Pro Series products. I got 2 variable speed pumps, 2 filters, a chlorine generator, a refill system, and then the automated filter. It was installed by a pool professional and it went well. Then I set the schedules for the pool professional for the changing and cleaning of the filters. I've had the Jandy products for a year and a half now, and they have been performing well. But there have been a few oddities which I don’t understand. I check it and it’s not programmed, or my pump will change speeds at 5:00 o’clock in the evening. And my waterfall’s running even though according to the program, it’s not. Near as I can tell, I don’t have that program, but it must be someplace. In any case, I use my brother to do the customer service for the Jandy products because he got the contact and he works directly with Jandy and their rep Mike.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I got the best pool guy in Palm Beach County and he bought the heater and put it all together. The quality is great and I would recommend it.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We had a very old heater, so I looked online for some reviews and did some pricing of my own and ringing around. We decided to go with Jandy and we were very, very happy with our installers. They did a very good job with explaining the benefits of the product. Its quality has been good so far. But if the timer was set to go off while you've been using the jacuzzi heater, the Jandy turns off. But when the timer comes on the next day, it starts again. So there's no way to turn it off once, and you can only get power to it if the pool is on. So it's really easy to forget to turn the pool back on to turn it off. So you end up heating your whole pool when you didn't know you were going to. It has happened to us numerous times. So things can be quite expensive and you end up overheating for longer than you wanted.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Jandy Pro is a really great company that’s easy to work with and provide quality products. My direct experience with Jandy wasn't much but it was great and very smooth. We had a pool built about a year ago and one of the lights from Jandy had started to fail in some way, shape or form. I called Jandy and they informed me how to go through the process of getting it replaced. The representative has been super kind and very professional. I called some local Jandy distributors and they handled the rest. The Jandy products are great and good quality. We’ve been very happy with Jandy so far and others should try them out.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My Jandy LED pool light was malfunctioning. One started blinking and not being in sync with the other ones, and then it would go out. I first told the pool contractor and then he gave me the information. It was a little difficult to get it all scheduled, for us to be able to be there for the technician when he came, but we got worked out. The light got replaced and now it works.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I had the brand new pool installed and the pool company put the Jandy Pro Series TruClear Saltwater Chlorinator in. They did a nice pool and they put nice equipment in, and everything was nice and perfect. The Jandy Pro product was actually very good and it has been performing very well since it was installed. It is very small, like the salt generator, but it does a very good job based on the experience that I had with it. So, I was surprised because I had the Pentair, which was a big equipment, at the other house but it was not doing as a good job as the small one from Jandy Pro.

The Jandy Pro product is not even a year old and it has broken down only once. I called the pool company and told them that the Jandy Pro product wasn't working, so they went in and checked it out, and they found that it was definitely not working. Recently, the Jandy Pro guys came out and replaced their product under warranty within 10 days, so that was perfect. The process went very smoothly and nicely, and I liked the service of Jandy Pro.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Vasiliy, Designing high-quality, innovative products like the Jandy TruClear™ and delivering world-class customer service are what we strive for at Jandy. It makes all the difference when we hear our customers tell us they are satisfied with our products and services. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us and other pool owners. Please enjoy your clean pool! - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 23, 2018

Purchasing our Jandy heater was wonderful. The equipment is fantastic. We have used Jandy before and we have been very, very happy with the performance of their equipment. I love that the heater is very compact now and got the same functions that the old Jandy used to do. It’s wonderful that they changed it a little bit.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Jose, Thank you for reviewing the Jandy LXi™ pool & spa heater. Thank you for choosing Jandy a second time for your pool heating needs. Have a great pool season! - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 22, 2018

The contractor who did our house was the one who purchased the Jandy TruClear Saltwater Chlorination and it was not bad. We do not need to keep adding chlorine in the pool. However, the sensor doesn’t read. An error shows that there's no flow or sometimes the salt is low. When I got it tested in the lab, they said, "No, everything's fine". I called their customer service and they told me, “Okay, just go online and choose the nearest dealer and they're gonna come and make a service on that." A company came over and they did some maintenance on it. So now, it's okay. Jandy Pro is good and I'd recommend it.

Jandy Pro Series response

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Jandy TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, Moe. Customer opinions matter to us and we're so glad your service professional was able to fix the issue with the flow sensor. Enjoy your low-maintenance pool! - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 21, 2018

I got the pool and spa heater from Jandy through my pool company. It was stuff that they recommended. The pool professional installed it for me and it has been working fine since the installation.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We needed to re-service the pool and all the equipment was as old as the pool so it was time to replace everything. The pool professional recommended Jandy Pro Series. We purchased a couple of different things like LED pool lights, a variable speed pump and the heat pump. The pool guy did the installation. So far, the products are good. I’d recommend Jandy.

Original review: March 19, 2018

We just built a complete new pool in our backyard and we decided to get a pool heater and I did some research to see exactly what we needed and how big. I read the reviews of different manufacturers and pool heaters and their cost. We decided that Jandy would be the best fit and I’ve ordered it online. My pool builder installed it and everything was really great. I had one issue. There was a part that didn’t work correctly so when the heater was unheating it would freeze on the outside and stop working, even though it was not a freezing temperature.

I called the technical support. It took quite a long time, like almost a month until it was fixed. It seems the technical team first didn’t really know what was wrong and when it was identified what could be wrong it took a little bit some time like two weeks or so to get the parts. And they came back and installed it. The repair was a little bit of a pain but it worked out at the end. We have a 17,000 gallon pool so it’s quite high and we heat the complete pool up to 97 degrees. It’s a big hot tub but it does not consume a lot of energy so it’s awesome and that's why we like it. The device, the quality of it and the efficiency is great. I definitely recommend Jandy.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I purchased a speed pump from Jandy and it's working fine. However, the AquaLink app stinks. There isn’t a lot you can do with it, especially on the auto timer. The max you can do is 30 minutes just for an auto clean. They have to keep restarting it if you want it to go any more, or you have to set a schedule for it. But it’s nice that it has an app, in general, to set the schedule and everything.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi J., Thanks for sharing your comments with others. We're pleased to know that your Jandy VS FloPro variable-speed pump is working well. If you'd like some assistance in operating your iAquaLink app, our product support team would be happy to assist you. Just email us at feedback@zodiac.com if you'd like some help. Thanks again, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have been trying to manually add the silver into the water on the pool which was almost a daily occurrence and it was not very fun. So, I talked to the local pool place that I'm dealing with now and they suggested I purchase a Nature2 chlorinator and sanitation system from Jandy Pro Series. I installed it myself on my Master Spa and it was difficult. I tried to seal off all the different ports so that water wasn't trying to back feed in and that was not happening. The water was trying to come up as I was drilling in and by that point, it was too late to call Jandy Pro about it. So I continued in and just dealt with the water until everything was sealed up. After I installed the equipment, everything has been going great. It's making it very easy to maintain my pool and turned it into a once a week type thing instead of daily. I would tell my friends to come on over and look at everything. I would also tell them that it's worth it.

Original review: March 13, 2018

When we bought the house last June, the pool and the spa were unheated so the pool company that was resurfacing our pool recommended the Jandy. They said it'd be more expensive to use a gas heater. But the Jandy JE heat pump that we purchased hasn't been good. It was not heating up the pool like we wanted it to. One morning when we got up, it had 12 inches of ice surrounding the outside of it. The bottom 12 inches of the unit was covered with ice. I talked to Kyle, their service person about it. He explained to me how heat pumps work. We've never owned a pool before so we're new at this. Our expectation was if it gets to be 50 degrees at night and we want to wake up to an 80-degree pool, we just turn on the pool heater. However, heat pumps don't work under 70 degrees because they're designed to work above 70 degrees temperature.

It was a very informative call for me. How then would we heat our pool if we wanted to heat it in 50-degree weather outside? Apparently, we had to have a gas or Propane heater to fire it up and it's not affected by the outside temperature, it will heat our pool. However, it will be much more expensive to heat a pool that way. And that was one of our reasons why we didn't select a gas heater, why we went with the heat pump. Our expectation was it would do the same thing. It will just take longer to heat the pool than a gas heater would. As it turns out, it's not gonna work under that temperature.

The other night here, it was down in the 40's and the rep explained, "I can come out and look at your heat pump but I know it's working as designed. It doesn't work at that temperature." He was very knowledgeable about it and I'm willing to accept his explanation of how a heat pump works. Now that we understand how it's supposed to work, we're just gonna have to deal with it. If it gets cold for a few months down here, we're not gonna get the pool heated with the heat pump. I guess you can heat your pool with a duo system which means on a real cold night you can have a Propane tank attached to a different heater and it will work during those cold temperatures. And then when the temperatures warm up you can switch over to your heat pump.

Kyle said to make sure that it's working as designed, I need to turn it on and within an hour and it will heat the spa very quickly to the 100-degree temperature that we wanted it to be. At first, I thought there was a problem with the pump because it's not heating the pool. But he told me that the pool has got a lot more water in it than the spa, but it should heat and it's warm every day. It's been around 80 degrees now so it should work just fine at this temperature to heat the spa to a 100 degrees. I wish I'd known about it because I would have probably selected a gas heater. My pool service should have just said, you can make it a gas heater so it heats fast.

You need people to have the right expectations. As we go through this spring and summer down here, I think we'll get more experienced with the heat pump. If it's 75 degrees out, I want the pool to be 85 degrees. And if it works just fine, then I'll know we just have to work around the issue that in low outside temperatures it's not gonna heat the pool up. And that's the important expectation that people should have about how a heat pump works versus how a gas heater works. Then, people can make a more informed decision and their expectations will be in line with what they're getting.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We purchased pretty much all of Jandy's equipment and the lights. We got everything through the person who did the pool remodel for us. He was the one who did all the ordering and installing. He suggested Jandy in his estimate and our older equipment that we replaced was also a Jandy, so we just went with the same brand. The lights look great. Everything seems to be working fine and I guess we’ll have a better sense once the pool season starts. But right now, everything seems to be working.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Aesha, Thanks so much for your honest feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to Jandy branded products and we wish you all the best during the upcoming pool season. All the Best, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 11, 2018

Our pool equipment went out and the technician that I use recommended that we get the Jandy Pro Series pool equipment. So, we bought it and the technician installed it. Compared to other pumps, it's a very expensive pump, but its quality is perfectly fine. It has been working perfectly fine in our pool since it was installed a month ago, and I just turn it on and off. I'd tell people that the Jandy Pro equipment is expensive but it works.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hello Paul, Thanks so much for sharing your valuable opinion with others. We're glad you gave the Jandy PlusHP pump a try and we hope you will find it to be a reliable addition to your pool pad. Thanks again! Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 10, 2018

We wanted automation. I looked up on the internet and found an installer. They were independent installers but they were licensed by Jandy. The purchasing was easy. Everything went well. The product's good and the company was helpful. It takes some time to set it up because the whole of that is connected to the internet. But they have good tech support. They helped me use it with my computer and cellphone. They're very professional and they give you detailed help. They've got a very good help desk.

I think it's a good product for the money and it’s a specialized product. It's not at Home Depot, that's for sure. Maintenance is the same but the operation of the different parts of the system is easier, because it's on the cellphone to see. The quality is just as good than other brands but all the cost is probably better. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 6, 2018

My pool professional recommended Jandy Pro Series and I got pump motor, lights, and the AquaPure chlorinator. Those were installed by the pool builder and the products were performing well. But the first light in the spa went out after only six months which the pool builder replaced, the AquaPure went out after 18 months which Jandy paid for, and then about six months later, some sort of sensor went on the AquaPure which Jandy also replaced.

At two years and 10 months, the motor went out and Jandy replaced the motor but I had to pay to have it installed. Then, both lights on the spa and the swimming pool went out in about three years and Jandy didn't want any part of that. I had to pay $700 for two lights and the installation. I was told by the guy who takes care of the chemicals that there are three names in the pool business and Jandy is one of them but he does not recommend Jandy. When the AquaPure does go, I'm going to go ahead and change the chlorinator system to another brand.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hello Peter, We appreciate your feedback. Product quality and customer satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us and we'd like to speak with you to find out how we might help. One of our representatives will be in contact with you as soon as possible. Highest Regards, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 5, 2018

We needed a pool filter because the previous one we had was bad. Our pool professional recommended Jandy Pro Series and we've had their filter for four months now. A different vendor installed the Jandy filter for us and it has been performing really well in our pool since it was installed. I would purchase this product again. Its quality is good and its cost is reasonable. It has made our pool cleaner and our pool maintenance much better. Jandy Pro is a great company and they have a good filter.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Patrice, Thank you for taking the time to review the Jandy CL150 cartridge filter. We know our cartridge filters are trusted by many homeowners and we're so glad you are one of them. Have a wonderful time in your pool this year. All the Best, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: March 4, 2018

I needed a new filter that will hold the cartridge part and I bought it from a deal on eBay. When the installer installed it, there was a little valve missing on the top. So, I called Jandy Pro and within a couple of days, they sent me a whole new piece. Then when I was cutting up the box, I found it at the bottom. Customer service is great and the product is pretty good for the cost. Also, I had to clean my old filter once a week but this one, it has been two months and I've cleaned it once a month. It's a little larger than what I had, so it does a better job. I like it and I would recommend them.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We had a pool put in the house and we got from Jandy Pro the variable speed pump, air blower, chlorinator, a pool heater, LED lights, the AquaLink and the things that change the flow from the spa to the pool. Jandy Pro was recommended by a pool professional. We've only had the pool in for five weeks and the products have been performing really well and the price seems reasonable.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I wanted something called automation. I had a pool guy set up a system which allowed me to turn on the hot tub and various pool functions using the Jandy automation, and it came with a remote. I've had the Jandy automation for probably over a year now and it works flawlessly. I'm pleased with it. Jandy provided great service, and they're probably the best option out there for certain applications.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Compared to other providers, Jandy was rated well. Our cleaner is also within the same company. The Jandy pool pump was a replacement for a one that went bad. The people that installed it for us did all of the correspondence. They were fantastic because we end up getting it for free. It's running very well. All we do is pour in the chlorine and some acid every once in a while. Our pool looks perfect.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have some Jandy equipment in my other homes and I liked their automatic equipment. There's pool and spa control. I have a new home that I purchased that had those controls on it, but the heater was not a Jandy heater and the older heater wasn't heating the pool. It wasn't powerful enough. So I contacted a local contractor and asked him what he recommended. He recommended the Jandy and he put the Jandy in, connected it with the existing Jandy pool controls. And the heater is working fantastic. I'm very happy with it and I love it.

Jandy Pro Series expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.

• Versa Plumb® system: The Jandy Pro Series Versa Plumb system includes a pump, heater, filter, valves and salt system. It reduces hydraulic resistance and uses less horsepower, resulting in energy savings.

• Water sanitizers: Jandy offers several water sanitizers for your pool or hot tub, including the TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, Jandy Pro Series Ozone Generator, AquaPure® Salt Water Pool System and AquaPure® Ei™ saltwater sanitation system.

• AquaLink® Control Systems: Jandy Pro Series uses its exclusive AquaLink® control system to fully automate many pool and spa features including LED lighting, temperature maintenance, salt and chlorination and more. Users can also install the iAquaLink™ app to control these features from smartphones or tablets.

• Online videos: Jandy’s website offers a series of helpful videos about its products, including how to install and use various products and how to control your pool or hot tub’s automation.

• Online calculators: Jandy offers several equipment calculators on its website, so you can calculate potential costs and energy savings. The calculators include Pool Pump Savings, Pool Heater Cost, Pool Heater Sizing and Spa Heater Sizing.

• Online calculators: Jandy pool products are available through independent pool builders, pool product retailers and pool service professionals.

• Best for: those who need pool or hot tub parts and products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs