Call toll free
4.26/5

Vista, CA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

Jandy Pro Series Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

354 Jandy Pro Series Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was doing a retrofit of a regular vinyl pool and the dealer that I used, Skipper Pools, recommended to purchase a salt water chlorinator. So, I bought one through them and it was a Jandy Pro product. Skipper Pools installed it and I have it now for close to three months. Also, I went to Jandy Pro's website and downloaded the booklet to see how it worked. The information was very good and so far, the product has really reduced the pool's maintenance. It took a lot to get used to it and I'm still not quite there completely, but I like it and I'm pleased with it. We're in Montgomery, Alabama and it occasionally freezes. That was kind of interesting because the thing just turns off and reads stand by or something like that. Other than that, it's working well and I appreciate their product. It's good stuff.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I've had pools in the past that I had the Jandy equipment, and I was real pleased with it. So, when I went to start my pool builder company, I knew I wanted this equipment. So, I started researching, and I did a lot of stuff on YouTube and Google, and just talking to different pool contractors. I got in touch with SCP, and they sold me all the equipment. I had to set up the account, and then I got in touch with a Jandy equipment installer. So, he came and installed all my equipment, and we went through the system a little bit. I'm real happy with all of my equipment. This was the first pool that I built, and everything is Jandy.

We did the 30 days where I'm still not running my salt yet because I wanted to get all of the sand and the decking done, and the irrigation, the trees and landscaping all around. It's taking me a little bit longer because I'm building this pool, and I have other jobs going on. They're about to finish the decking on the pool, and once they get that done, we're gonna clean everything, and then I'll have the guy that installed all the equipment for me to come back, and we're gonna go over everything again. He's gonna activate the salt cell system. I'm real happy all the equipment works. It all works off my phone, the apps, lights, the heater, the hot tub, and the blowers.

They have the AquaLink app which links everything up, so you can work all of the Jandy equipment from your phone. I was really impressed with all the equipment. I would definitely highly recommend it. It has pretty good warranties on all the equipments. The Jandy service guy that installed it is a certified technician, so I got an additional year of warranty. I got a three-year warranty all in all, and I'm real happy with everything.

Jandy Pro Series response

Wow, Gene! It sounds like you have quite the Jandy/AquaLink setup. Congratulations getting your pool building business started. If you ever want to learn more about Jandy products, we have a network of representatives who would be more than willing to support you. Additionally, we have online and in-person training workshops (see http://zodiacacademy.com), should you decide to grow your knowledge base. If you have any other questions or want us to connect you with a Jandy rep, just email us at feedback@zodiac.com. We wish you great success in your new business... Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I needed a new heater for the pool jacuzzi. I went to the local pool place that I use that takes care of all the work on my pool. They recommended Jandy, and then they came and installed Jandy JXi Pool & Spa Heater. It seems to work fine. But I was supposed to get a rebate from from Jandy. I went to the website and signed up for it, but I haven't gotten it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Our pool company uses Jandy only as they love their products, and we went by what they said. We did the installation of the chlorinator at the end of the summer, and I also had a liner and a new cover. We're new to the whole pool thing and we're trying to get used to it, but it's been working so far. I'm pretty satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We got a new pool installed, and Jandy Pro was one of the pieces of equipment that the pool company doing the installation included with our package. We had a warranty issue where our pump died on us after just a year. I turned it off to clean out the filters, and I went to put the filters back in and turn it back on, and it didn't turn on. Unfortunately, it was over a long weekend so our pool was going green and we had to get another pump. We called the pool company and they had an electrician that installed Jandy for them. For us, it was a warranty claim but I don't know if they ended up submitting it as a warranty or not. We couldn't wait because our pool was going green, and they said that sometimes Jandy warranties can take a long time. It was only two years and I was surprised the pump went so quickly, but hopefully it was just a fluke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We have a new pool and it needed everything, so we recently purchased a cartridge filter, heater, and blower from Jandy. They were recommended by the pool builder who did the installation as well. I’ve seen some of his other work and he uses Jandy quite a bit. The pool parts that we purchased have been working fine since they’ve been installed. I went online and, aside from Jandy's reviews, I also looked at the information videos on how the equipment works and these have been very useful. It has only been a month since we purchased from Jandy, but everything has been good.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was building a pool and I wanted the cartridge filter, the heat pumps, and the variable speed pumps. I looked around and most people reviewed Jandy Pro Series highly. Everybody uses the Jandy iQ for their automation, even if they use Pentair or any of the other products. When I bought the iQ20, I decided that I should get products made by the same manufacturer. If I was gonna spend money for all these items and everybody’s stuff was similarly priced, then I was gonna get them all from the same company.

I paid someone to install the products, but I should have installed them myself, and I might have done a better job. Initially, they were set up incorrectly and that took a long time to rectify because the installers were not knowledgeable about how things are supposed to work and their pool guys were far from technologically savvy. The pumps, filters and all that stuff are basically plumbing, so there are not a lot of the best and the brightest there. When it comes to setting up the automation, getting everything configured, and doing all the extra work, most of those guys just wanna show up and leave.

They didn’t wanna spend a lot of time configuring, so I had to spend a substantial amount of time fine-tuning all the different parts that I purchased to get everything to work. They installed the heat pump, but never configured it, so it was wired incorrectly. The heat pump needs to be wired to the controller on the RS board, but they wired it with two wires, so it never detected what it should have. It just came on and I had to control it with the manual console and couldn’t control it with the web app. I had to do the research and figure all that out. Had I known then what I know now, I would have set all that stuff up on my own and done the whole job myself. That would have been easy for me, even if might not be so for the average homeowner.

There were some things that I didn’t like. Although the quality on the surface, such as that of the variable pump, is impressive, the quality of the heat pump chiller is lacking in a couple of areas. For instance, the plastic screen that protects the fins on the outside easily cracks. Also, the heater chiller was difficult to move with the way it was shipped. I needed four guys to move it to try not to bend any of the fins on the outside. It was not packed in a way that protects the outside of it and if people lean up against it, they would flatten out the whole bunch of fins.

Furthermore, in the packing of the heater chiller, they used a bunch of screws to hold it on, and my plumber, the guy who installed the heater chiller, lost some of the screws within an hour of taking it apart. In hooking it up and putting it back together, he lost a couple of screws. But when I called Jandy to get some screws and pieces, they didn’t have the part numbers for these and they didn't know what kind they are. I ended up having to take the heater chiller apart to figure out what the pieces are, then I ordered the screws and the washers online.

In addition, the Jandy app is terrible and they should hire a bunch of web developers to come up with something for that. They could build an app for the phone that’s for the iQ. For one thing, there are no pop-ups on the web interface that indicate where you are. Also, the help section is difficult to follow. When you’re in a window and it tells you to go somewhere, it gives an ambiguous name for an option and what to do in there is ambiguous as well. So, unless you know ahead of time what it is you’re supposed to be doing, you wouldn't know what you're supposed to be doing there and you can’t just intuitively walk around the app and set stuff up.

Moreover, the documentation that was created for that stuff has very little depth to it and the explanations in some places are incredibly thin. So, you’re no better off reading the documentation than just scrolling through the app and looking at something and trying to figure it out on your own. There’s a big problem with the app and the web interface. The Jandy products themselves, though, are fine once they’re configured appropriately.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

The old unit had a cracked housing so it could not be repaired. Jandy Pro was recommended by the pool maintenance company that my home warranty company suggested. They installed the unit and though there wasn’t any problem with the unit itself, some of the connections that already exist in the pool equipment area had to be done twice. Everything works just fine according to the gentleman that takes care of the pool. As long as it works and no issues come up, I’m perfectly happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

With the filter system I had before, it was such a hassle cleaning the filter that I decided to find something simpler that would do the job. I was at the pool place and they went over and explained some of the attributes of the Jandy Top Mount Sand Filter. I liked it and chose it. So far, it’s working great. It seems to get the water cleaner. Jandy uses glass instead of sand. I researched it and generally, if you just have sand in the filter, it doesn’t get your water as clean. But the glass works great. Jandy puts a little sand in the bottom and for the rest, they use glass. And the filter has been fantastic for the pool maintenance.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Our old filter, which was a 50, was leaking because of too much pressure from the size of the pool and the pump. So we had to upgrade and make it a 100-gallon filter. We have a tech who comes out for the pool semi-annually and he said that it would be better if we got the Jandy system. And the pool does looks cleaner now. I don’t have to clean the filter that much, and it's easy to put back on and take off. It's very simple to use and very affordable too.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We were replacing an older pump and when I talked to the pool maintenance people that we use, he provided a couple of different quotes. I ended up picking the Jandy VS FloPro Variable Speed Pump because it was value-balanced. It had a good price as well as good quality and feature. After that, the professionals did the installation in less than a couple of hours. It was quick. And they were fantastic so I’ll recommend them.

This pool pump usually would take few years to break in and it’s only been a couple of months. But right now, I’m very happy with it. It’s a very good product. It is very high quality and it has been performing perfectly. It even does a better job. It runs all the time so the water is always circulating and it stays a little cleaner. That’s the biggest advantage. I will occasionally reset the speeds because I can do that on my phone. I can adjust the speeds and power consumption.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Our pump was constantly running at a high speed and the computer on the inside of the motor went bad somehow. It didn’t make sense to get the pieces since it would cost more money as it was an older unit, so the whole thing had to be replaced and I preferred Jandy. I’ve worked for a pool company in the past, and they have always been reliable. We got the Jandy VS FloPro variable-speed pump, which is a little high-end, but it is very good quality. We have little to no pool maintenance and we save some money. If you want less work, less pain, and no thought about whether or not the unit is gonna work, then Jandy is the way to go because it works. It’s a bit more expensive but it’s worth it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I had my old pump for a few years and when it failed, the pool technician recommended Jandy. He likes that company pump and he installed the Jandy FloPro medium-head pump. He also gave me a three-year warranty. When I registered it with the company though, the rep said it is a one-year warranty but the two more years, that is a total of three years warranty, may be given by some of these installers. One time, I heard some crunchy noise for a few seconds while the pump was operating. I don’t know what it was but it seems to be okay and my pool maintenance guy said it is working good. It is coming on and turning off on timer properly. This is a 1.5-horsepower and compared to my previous Hayward pump, this seems much more silent.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Adinarayana, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Jandy FloPro medium-head pump with others. We're glad to know the pump is working reliably and that you were able to receive an extended warranty from your Jandy-dedicated dealer. We hope you enjoy your holiday season and wish you the perfect swim season next year. - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I told the pool guy I needed a heater and he got me the Jandy Pool and Spa Heater. It made the pool warm when it was working but it broke quickly. However, I called and they sent me somebody under warranty to fix it. So I don’t have any complaint. It was great.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I called Jandy Pro to register the equipment that was installed by our pool manufacturer three years ago and find out who the local service provider was. Then, we purchased repair parts from Jandy and the their warranty service company repaired the equipment for us. It was covered by the warranty and we didn’t pay anything for it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We've had a pool heater since the house was constructed and after 21 years, it gave out. A company that came out and installed the new Jandy heater as replacement was contacted for us and it was turnkey everything, but the product stopped performing within 45 days. We went back to the people who installed it, and they said they never see this with Jandy products, which are awesome. They couldn't take responsibility for it. Once in a while, there’s a dud, but they don’t think that was it and they looked for some other explanation, maybe it was a check valve, the chemicals or something else.

It’s been broken for six months and because our children are grown, it’s not a terrible thing that it hasn’t been working, except now the unit started leaking profusely. It’s flooding our yard as well as our neighbor’s, and we’re trying to get something done about it. I spoke with the pool servicing company and told them we don't use the system often. They offered to put another one in for a few thousand and it will come with a full warranty. That’s amazing but considering our unit died in 45 days, I’m not sure a two or three-year warranty is gonna help. This was perhaps the worst experience.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

It's very unusual that the life expectancy of one of the Jandy products is three years. Then when you have to upgrade it, it is a substantial expense in terms of motherboards and other issues. I've had to upgrade mine about four times within a period of 10 years. People have come out and evaluated the system. And they have been very technically correct in terms of what I've needed to upgrade, why the system has not been functioning correctly and what price the upgrade would be. But in upgrading the product, I've had to change out multiple things, which is far more expensive than being trapped in the Jandy cycle of replacing parts every few years. So if I had to construct my pool over again, I would never do it with a Jandy product. I'm not a fan. It's like you're stuck with it. Instead, I'll spend a couple of grand and get some other total system.

The last time, I was actually going to dump Jandy but they came out with the plates that you have to acid wash to make the system work. Instead of $1,000, it was $340 and it is not replaceable. I guess they got the idea that people are not willing to have a 1,200-dollar expense to replace those things. So they got smart and decided to provide something that was more reasonable. As opposed to dumping the system, it's replaceable more competitively.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear John, Thank you for your feedback. We'd like to learn more about your experience to find out how we can help. One of our representatives will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your situation further. Highest Regards, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We remodeled and our old equipment was several years old. We got the Jandy blower and the pool professional who installed it was responsible. The old unit failed and we had to replace it after about five months.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Jeff, Thanks for your valuable feedback. We'd like to learn more about your Jandy blower experience and will be contacting you within 48 hours. Best, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I purchased a new pump and 2 new valves, and I worked with a place called A Perfect Pool for the installation. They completely re-plumbed my pool system and the pool has been working great since. I’m real happy with it ‘cause I was fighting that pool for a year and I had a whole issue with the way it was plumbed. It was creating a back pressure. The guys who put it in were very professional and they had a great installer. We walked through it, ‘cause there are multiple ways they could’ve done it. We also had some limitations in terms of the equipment we could get ‘cause we only had a small area to put it in, so we couldn’t buy the big, giant pump. Overall, the installers did a good job.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Jandy Pro Series was recommended by our pool professional, so I bought from them for a replacement project. Our pool guys, later on, installed it, and they maintain it as well. The product is great.

Jandy Pro Series response

Thanks for your positive review, Kelly! We appreciate your time and input. To the Perfect Swim, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We got a new pool and our pool professional recommended Jandy and bought the equipment. The pump's high and low both work fine and our pool has been performing well since the equipment was installed. Everything is perfect.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My old heater which I got second hand when I was 10 years old was with Jandy and that thing ran like a champ until it broke down. Because of the quality of their product, I purchased a Jandy heater again and I have everything else with Jandy. I had to pay a tad more, but a lot of times I didn't wanna go with the cheapest, so I’d rather choose quality over quantity. I had my old contractor come by to install the heater. I also have it maintained, and so far, everything has been working good. It's been also easy to get a hold of Jandy's reps when I have problems. I called them one time because the thermostat was incorrect and the interaction was good. They gave me a number for a service center which I called and the service center sent somebody out.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I was unsatisfied with the quality of Jandy products. My pool guy was just screwing the cap on and it jumped a gear. He didn't do anything crazy. He's a professional person so it wasn't mishandled. When I called Jandy and asked for a repair, they said that it wasn't covered under the warranty. I felt that because they're plastic gears, they might not lock in very well. I hoped that it could've been taken care of, but it wasn't taken care of by the company itself. So, I wasn't very satisfied with Jandy's customer service. Jandy listened, but they were firm on their position that it wasn't under the warranty. They even tried to hold the position that it was a product that was discontinued. As a consumer, it doesn't really affect me, whether it is or it isn't, as long as it is under warranty. I wasn't very happy. I had to buy a new gear myself and have my pool guy replace it. He took care of it and it got fixed in the end.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Nic, We're sorry your Jandy sanitizer wasn't covered under warranty. We'd like to speak with you to learn more about your experience and to see if we can make it up to you. A Jandy representative will contact you within 48 hours. We look forward to the opportunity to speak with you. - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We bought our house and the pool was purchased with it at the time that the house was built, and we're having a problem with the salt water chlorinator. It doesn't work and it needs to be replaced. I don't live in Florida full-time, and that's where the pool and the house is, so I have somebody who takes care of it. I have a pool guy and he's good about keeping me up to date. He has contacted Jandy a couple of times, and I'm assuming that since I haven't heard anything from him, they haven't told him when they can meet him.

Jandy has to look at the system before they could go make any replacement, and I'm having trouble having somebody meet him there. The pool guy called a number of times and I also called a number of times. I'm not really happy. The latest time I called, I was able to talk with somebody in their office and I was told that somebody has to look at the system before any replacements or fixes will be done. My pool guy has tried calling a number of times and he said, "I'm willing to meet whenever they can, but they're not responding." I'm dissatisfied. The issue is still going on for a couple of months.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Linda, We'd love the opportunity to speak with you about your saltwater chlorinator. One of our representatives has reached out to you by phone and email. We are awaiting your response and are happy to resolve any issues you're facing. Please contact us at your earliest convenience. Thank you, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I build houses and I’ve done about 15 pools. I’ve always used Jandy since my clients are all who want to be able to have AquaLink and a good system for working with on their iPhones. Whenever I've had an issue with their equipment especially those heaters, I've always gone through the warranty just filling out the paperwork. I then work with Bill although dealing with him has been tough and the customer service with him has been horrible. I've met him once and he's a nice guy, but he's not been available and everyone has been trying to make excuses for him. With him, things take quite a while to get put together to find parts and to get things going.

Any communication has been as slow as molasses and impossible unless Jandy does extremely high volume to get a call and to get some sort of resolution. Then whenever you’re trying so hard, it seems like it’s just consuming your personal free time because you’re trying to call once every other day. In my case, we didn’t give up and we used our relationships. We did everything we could to just beg to get some sort of resolution. The company that did the repair was fantastic, but we had a shutdown of about two months going back and forth trying to get the correct part.

I also have an issue now with a heater that was out of warranty. I have it at a job that we built three years ago which we didn’t finish until about eight months ago. We had a tenant in there who never used the heater and then we have one who just turned it on and with the motherboard, it immediately went out. It only has 10 hours of use on it. Since it's out of warranty, we're asking the pool guy who has one of our old ones that has a motherboard on it if he can use that part to get the thing going again. I don’t know what the fail is with those heaters, but they’ve been a nightmare.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Roy, Thanks for your feedback and for speaking with our representative over the phone. We were glad to hear that your heater issue is almost resolved. Please keep us posted on the resolution status by calling our representative back or emailing us at feedback@zodiac.com. Serving our customers and delivering the perfect pool experience is our constant goal. We're Listening, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I researched Jandy and I had a pool professional recommend them. They have better reviews and reputation reliability. I had a Jandy for many years before, which was an old go-blow-go single speed pump, and I wanted a variable speed. I got the variable speed sump pump from Jandy and its motor burned out within 2 weeks after installation. It was very odd and we didn't know what caused that. I called and I had a 30-day warranty on it so the company who installed it brought out a Jandy certified replacement promptly. That was great and Gary is excellent.

The pump has been working great but there is one issue since I didn't get a professional to program it. The programming of the timer is still a struggle and it's not holding the program for some reason. I programmed for certain speeds for three hours and another speed for another five hours. I successfully programmed the start and end time during the course of the day so that's set and working well. As is the time switch from number one to number two. But number two seems to be operating at a higher speed than I have originally set. I've tried calling Jandy but it's a long hold on the phone and I just gave up. It would be very helpful if they wanted to provide an option like leaving our number and they will call back within 3 days or send an email and set an appointment. Other than that, Jandy has a great product and I would definitely recommend them. It's better than a Hayward and the programming seems to be easier.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Our pool was switched from chlorine to salt and the pool guy ordered the chlorinator, which has worked well. I've had my pool for 15 years and this is the first year I've salted. The water stayed clear the whole year.

Jandy Pro Series response

Thanks for sharing your opinion with others, Harold! Enjoy the clear water. - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We had to replace an existing pool filter that was Jandy. I called and told them I wanted to replace what I had. There was another time when I called Jandy and left a message for them but they didn’t call me back. Nevertheless, the equipment has been working fine since the installation.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Keena, Thanks for the review! We're glad you've had an overall positive experience with your Jandy products and services. I'm sorry you didn't get a callback once, but we're here if ever you need us! Just call (800) 822-7933 or email us at feedback@zodiac.com. All the Best, Your friends at Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We are happy with the variable speed pump we got from Jandy. Jandy was recommended, but I was familiar with them as well and I would’ve gone with them without the recommendation. The installation was smooth and easy. I maintain the pump, and it’s very simple. They set me up with the AquaLink, which I know how to use. Also, the quality of the pump is good. It came with a three-year warranty, too. From what I know and what I’ve experienced in the past, Jandy is good stuff.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Our pool is 25 years old and I went to the place where I buy my supplies. I replaced the motor last year and the whole pool had to be redone. We needed a new pump and new heater and the pool people recommended Jandy Pro. The cost was about what I expected. However, I am disappointed because I thought there's a rebate. There was a $400 rebate a year ago so that significantly made me go with them. I registered it online probably a month after they put it in and they said they would check to see if there were rebates online. I waited and waited and I really haven’t heard anything. I called Jandy and they go, “No. There’s no rebates on heaters in California.” Other than that I'm happy. The reps were very nice and very polite. They were local, down south in the San Diego area. The heater seems very efficient as well, and it's very easy to turn on and off. I just look at the buttons and hit it.

Jandy Pro Series expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.

• Versa Plumb® system: The Jandy Pro Series Versa Plumb system includes a pump, heater, filter, valves and salt system. It reduces hydraulic resistance and uses less horsepower, resulting in energy savings.

• Water sanitizers: Jandy offers several water sanitizers for your pool or hot tub, including the TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, Jandy Pro Series Ozone Generator, AquaPure® Salt Water Pool System and AquaPure® Ei™ saltwater sanitation system.

• AquaLink® Control Systems: Jandy Pro Series uses its exclusive AquaLink® control system to fully automate many pool and spa features including LED lighting, temperature maintenance, salt and chlorination and more. Users can also install the iAquaLink™ app to control these features from smartphones or tablets.

• Online videos: Jandy’s website offers a series of helpful videos about its products, including how to install and use various products and how to control your pool or hot tub’s automation.

• Online calculators: Jandy offers several equipment calculators on its website, so you can calculate potential costs and energy savings. The calculators include Pool Pump Savings, Pool Heater Cost, Pool Heater Sizing and Spa Heater Sizing.

• Online calculators: Jandy pool products are available through independent pool builders, pool product retailers and pool service professionals.

• Best for: those who need pool or hot tub parts and products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs