Vista, CA

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jandy Pro Series makes great equipment. I have had their pumps, filter, heater, iAqualink, and lighting system on my pool for 3 years. Everything has worked perfectly. I have had one issue with my heater display, but the technician was out the next day and installed a new one and I was back up and running. Awesome service, Awesome Company.

I needed to replace my old Hayward single speed pool pump. I wasn't sure which direction I should go. I did my research and it appeared that Jandy, although maybe a little bit more expensive, it was worth it in the long run. I mean you get what you pay for right? I went with the FloPro Variable speed pump and WiFi IQPUMP01 controller. Instantly I was impressed with the phone app and wireless controller. I didn't have to get up to turn on water features! I also got a new cleaner and it reminds me of Wall-E from that Disney movie. It has wheels and climbs the pool walls and makes a jump back to the pool ground when it cleans to the top of the tile line! I was used to that big giant Manta ray thing that got stuck on everything. The customer service was awesome too! So glad I went with Jandy. Thanks guys and I can't wait to build another pool to see what other cool stuff I can get in there!

I've installed Jandy Pro Series valve components for swimming pool valves and they have been performing perfectly. I got good cost online that were in line with the parts' quality. Everything lived up to my expectations so I'm happy.

Hi James,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad your Jandy equipment is working well for you overall, but we're sorry the warranty process was a bit frustrating for you.

We typically honor the warranty from the date of installation. However, registering the product in advance does help simplify the warranty process. We're sorry to hear this process was frustrating for you and will consider ways we can improve this process for you and others.

Have a great pool season!

Original review: May 7, 2017

My pool installer put in Jandy for my whole pool system but we had a warranty situation. This is probably not Jandy's fault but the pool company's fault. When I had a problem with the Jandy component, they said that I was supposed to register all these stuff with Jandy. How am I supposed to know that? If I buy a $70,000 pool and enclosure and I've got a problem with it, why should I have had to call Jandy to get a new chlorine generator? If the pool company puts in Jandy equipment, I assume that they stand by the warranty from the day it's installed, whether I call them up and go through all this rhythm and roll of registering things or not. That should not be my responsibility. I didn't even know Jandy yet at that point. Also, several of my neighbors have had the same thing. But other than, it's been very good and I've recommended them.

We purchased the filter from the Jandy Pro Series, from R.B. Knot Pools and Spas. I was recommended by the folks that used to install it. We assessed what was needed and necessary and had it installed. The interaction with them was good, as well as the quality of the filter.

The guy working on my pool recommended Jandy Pro Series to me. My experience with them is not the greatest, but it's not the worst, either. I got the automatic pool equipment control installed. It controls the lights, the Jacuzzi pump and everything about the pool. It works but it has problems and I use it less because of that. To turn it on, I have to turn the whole remote on and it takes a couple of minutes before it starts. Once it starts, I turn on something, then if I need to turn it off, I have to go back in there, turn the remote on and it takes about half a minute. To make an improvement, it shouldn't turn off on its own so quickly. They did that so the battery doesn't run out, but they should have something electrical on the wall so we don't have to worry about the battery so much.

I have Jandy – the activators, valves and so forth. They were functioning fine. But the control unit was a different make and they don't make it anymore. So I ended up going with Jandy. So far, I have no complaints. I worked with the son of the owner of the company and he was great. He's the one I talked to from the beginning until the end. He showed me exactly what needs to be done and the pricing. He was well-aware of the product, installed it himself and it's working. And I can use my iPad or iPhone to monitor or schedule or turn off or on the pool lights, the pumps, etcetera.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

I had some worn-out parts on the pool sweep from Jandy Pro. I purchased replacement parts online and installed them myself. It was relatively easy as it has good instructions. The quality and the cost are in line with what my expectations are. Once I replaced the parts, it improved the effectiveness of the pool sweep. I'd recommend it and I'd use them again as well.

I purchased the automated system from my pool service people, Pink Dolphin. They are very good. They helped me decide whether I should update my older AquaLink system with the iAquaLink or change to an entirely new system. And it seemed like the best way to go is just to update the unit I had, so that's what we did. The older system has been fine. It's been installed before I bought the house and it's still basically working well. I just upgraded the board and provided the wireless link with it which is nice. We have the new system for a couple of months now. It was a little wacky and we had a few little ripples at the beginning but everything straightened down and is working fine now. So far, so good.

Hayward pool products are very big in the state of Florida but I'm not a great lover of it. So when I took out my 18 year-old pool pump, I decided to go for a Jandy Pro Series pump. I liked it so I stuck with it and went from a three-quarter to a one horse power. I purchased it through a pool supply in Krystal Clear Aquatics, a company that also does some work on my pool. I tried to buy it through Amazon at first, but Amazon's warranty was only 90 days, compared to that of Krystal Clear wherein they gave me a year on the pump. I installed it myself since I'm a contractor, and it took me an hour to do it.

I have a pool professional who comes in once a week to monitor my chemicals, but basically, both he and I take care of the pump. I have a Hayward filter on the pump and he pulls that every three weeks and power cleans it. We change the filter once a year, and I have an Alligator system that runs eight hours a day when the pool pump runs. It works fine and I'm looking to get seven to ten years out of the pump, because it runs 365 days a year. It runs for six hours in the winter and eight hours in the summer. So far, I'm satisfied with the Jandy pump and I would recommend it.

I purchased a pool pump from Jandy Pro Series so long ago. Our pool professional chose it and put the pool pump in. I maintain it and clean it. The quality is very good. It also seems like quieter and stronger and my pool seems to be cleaner. I'm really happy with my pool lately.

My original pool builder suggested Jandy Pro Series and I have had good success with them in the past. Their team was very courteous and knowledgeable. I’m currently on my third cell because my pool is 16 years old. I had a Jandy motor. I had an old AquaLink and I have a new iAquaLink now. I love the new cell that I got. It stopped working for two days and my pool got green. I then had a guy come out and we couldn’t figure out why it stopped working. But, it’s working fine now. On the whole, my experience with Jandy Pro has been good, so far.

We just purchased two new gas heaters from Jandy Pro not too long ago. The guy that has been servicing our old heaters for a long time, Brian, recommended the product and it's the one that he uses. He also installed everything for us. We use the pool every day and everyone's happy with them. We had a couple of hiccups as far as trying to figure out how to not have our gas fill it so high and when we had those first two bills, we were asking why are these brand new, high-efficient ones cost more than our old crappy ones.

It was basically because they were constantly trying to maintain that exact temperature, whereas the old heaters were just running and I was turning them on and off constantly, whereas these new ones you the kind that you set it and forget it. So, we figured out that if we turn them off at 7:00 PM with the covers on and then fire them back up at 4:00 AM, then our pool is perfect for the next day. So, we installed timers to have them turn off at night and it actually helped a ton once we did that. Overall, Jandy has been fantastic.

We have been installing their pumps for years and they always seem to impress me. Just installed our first iqpump and I was amazed at how easy the operation and the install was. Beyond that my service tech was blowing away at the ease of use and said "Can we put these on all the pools we service". Repair manager told me it was the coolest thing he has seen yet on the market for the price!

I bought the house with the Jandy Pro Series filter and heating system already installed. So far, so good. I have no problem with the quality of the products.

I'm a hard guy to please and Tony always lives up to expectations. Always helping us in situations. We are happy to be staying with Jandy. Mostly based on the relationships we have formed over the years. Tony & Bryan ** are stand up guys and we wouldn't want to deal with anyone else!

We decided with our pool builder what we wanted and that's how we ended up with the saltwater pump from Jandy Pro. We had our pool installed about a year and a half now. We've been cleaning the pump ourselves and so far, it's working okay. However, we don't know how to make adjustments to the pump, like if it should be going faster, because it has variable speed. We just had solar put in, so we don't really know about adjusting it. They gave me a product and we didn't really get instructed on how to tweak it.

The builders of my pool used Jandy Pro and up to now, the quality of the products has been okay. I bought the Jandy pool heater and it was leaking when I first installed it. But it was under warranty and they came out and fixed it.

Jandy Pro Series

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ron. We're glad we can offer products that simplify the pool maintenance routine for you and your customers. Water features and lights certainly do add the wow-factor you mentioned! We hope you have a great pool season.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I have been building pools for nearly 24 years, and have always been pleased with the quality and warranty service of Jandy equipment. Today, there are two things that really stand out with the Zodiac/Jandy equipment we use. First is the WOW factor: nothing better for an exciting pool than an LED lighted bubbler, or better yet, laminar jets. And second, are the things that make service easier for our end user: like the huge, flared basked in the Stealth pump and the handles and drain plug on the CL & CV filters. Great stuff!

As a pool service and pool repair company we highly recommend and prefer to use Jandy Products. They are easily compatible with every system we encounter. They offer an outstanding warranty. Warranty claims are easy to complete. Their customer service is great and tech support is excellent. We love Jandy!

I used to sell only Hayward VS Pumps but since I have purchased the Jandy Flo Pro VS Pumps I have been very happy. They are very easy to install and program. The quieter and have a better look than the competition. The price is very competitive with the other major brands which helps in this economy.

Jandy Pro Series

Thanks for sharing your experience, Charles! We're pleased we were able to assist you and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I had a rebate card expire and initially was told too bad but after replying back they admitted their mistake and did above and beyond of taking care of the issue and restored my faith in customer service once again.

Jandy Pro Series

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, John! And thanks for choosing Jandy Pro Series equipment.

Original review: March 28, 2017

It is a relief when I am able to install Jandy Pro Series pool equipment. I know from experience that their products are designed, manufactured and supported by an outstanding team who makes every effort to make a seamless installation for my company, and a outstanding customer experience.

Insufficient response received

Hi Alan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback for Jandy Pro Series! We apologize that your experience was not great with your heater. Thanks for also giving us the opportunity to speak with you directly about this. If there is anything else we can do for you in the future, please let us know. We're listening!

Original review: March 27, 2017

We didn’t have a good experience with Jandy Pro and we got rid of that pool here a while ago. The top was very open with vents and tree leaves went into it. We took an extended warranty and they replaced it at no charge.

The heater that the woman had on the pool when I moved in there was getting old and rusty. I've been in there for 15 years so I figured it was time for a new equipment. The guy that does my pool work recommended Jandy so, I went with Jandy heater. And the guy that put the heater in recommended I get a Jandy filter because it matched up better with the heater. So far, I've been happy with them. They're the best. I can't imagine anybody being any better. The pool has been much clearer and the water is easier to keep. Before, the pool would always look nice until the filter came on then it'd get cloudy. But now, it's been much clearer so, I'm pleased.

Setting up the IQPUMP01 is quick and easy. It enables the user to access and control their Jandy Variable Speed pump from their smartphone. Controlling speeds and run times is a snap. Connections are through a four wire connection at the pump and are simple to connect.

We needed service on a heater that was installed 9/2016. Mario has a service tech on the property the next day and stayed in contact with us as to what was wrong. He also contacted the Property Manager and kept him in the loop. Much appreciated!

I just had my pool upgraded and I got all new Jandy equipment. I read reviews online and ultimately believed in what my builder told me. He said that Jandy has the best products and the company stands behind it all, no matter what and they even have a "quality promise"! I love my new pool and I love my pool, my builder, and all the products from Jandy. Everything works perfectly! Especially the app that lets me control it all from my phone!

We have installed various Pro Series heaters, light and pumps. All of the equipment we have installed have been excellent and my customers are satisfied with Jandy products. I highly recommend Jandy equipment. Jandy also has great customer support, reps and techs are readily available.

Ease of installation and the ability to control the pool through an application on the phone is a great product. I have installed over 100 of these. Being able to control a pool from my app has saved me time and travel by not having to go to the customer's house when they are having an issue. The price for the is IQ 2.0 is quite inexpensive and that makes it easier for the consumer to purchase this unit.

I'm a pool contractor for almost 20 yrs. Jandy Pro Series offers the best customer service and user-friendly equipment. Their quality is second to none! Carlos ** my sales rep. has been very helpful and knowledgeable in assisting us with product information. Thanks!

My company has sold the Jandy Pro Series pumps for almost 5 years now. Our experience with these pumps has surpassed that of the competing pumps. We experience the lowest failure rate along with the some of the best integration features found on the market. All around great pumps!

Jandy Pro Series Company Profile