Call toll free
4.30/5

Vista, CA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

Jandy Pro Series Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

473 Jandy Pro Series Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 2, 2019

I had an insurance claim ‘cause I had a huge tree that blew down during the storm across my pool equipment and broke all my pool equipment and my brick wall. While I was at it, I decided that I wanted to change to salt water because I was having so much trouble keeping the other clear and I’m spending so much money on chemicals. I bought the Jandy equipment through a local pool company and they came and installed it. I was real happy with it. It seems so much easier. Also, I have it hooked up to a WiFi switch so I can set it to where the pump and everything turns off and then comes back on, and it works well with that. So, I think it’s really good quality. The cost was very affordable too. I probably will have my money paid for it back in probably a year and a half or so for all the chemicals that I’m not having to buy now.

It’s probably been a couple of months ago when the LED screen on there just got stuck. It would only show what percentage of chlorinating it was doing. It was stuck on 60% and none of the buttons would let me change anything. I just called and told them what was happening, and they gave me some suggestions on what to try to do. I did that, and it didn’t help. I still couldn’t get the display to work. They said they'd send somebody out. They looked up with my address as to who is the nearest service provider. They called on my behalf and I gave them the warranty information.

Then, that pool company called me to set up a time to come out and look at it. They came out and it was then when they said they couldn’t fix it at that time. They put a new board in there so I could change the settings on it. When they did that, the whole thing wouldn’t show anything. The pool company was a different one than who installed it, but they verified that everything was installed and wired correctly. Then they just ended up replacing it. They had to order me a whole new system, and it took about four or five days or so until it came in. They came and put it back on. That was the only problem I had and Jandy has corrected it easily so I’m real pleased with the service. It was real easy talking with them about the issue.

I have recommended Jandy to someone who bought one. The salt level stays up, and I’m gonna take the water to get it checked. Everything’s usually right in level, so it performs well. The only thing is I wish that it would show me what my current salt level is. Some of them have that but I think with Jandy, you may have to buy an additional piece of equipment to do that.

Hello Steven,

Thank you for your feedback. Wishing you the perfect swim season.

Jandy

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a pool built in a coastal climate in 2013 and originally, it was the Jandy LXi that was installed. That heater had some ventilation right on the top and it was supposed to direct rainfall. But that apparently wasn’t a good design. It started cutting out and loosened igniters after four years then it gave up altogether six months ago. My regular pool maintenance people are also the people who installed the pool. Rainey sent me a proposal for replacing the heater with this new model that I bought. But it was a little pricey so I started digging around and I found another installer on the internet. I was very pleased with both the price, the installation process and the timeline with Whale Pools and have not had any issues with the installation. In particular, Rainey wanted me to hire electricians and plumbers on top of expense. But these other guys were kind of a one-stop shop and they were $1,000 cheaper.

There was a bit of hesitation because this Jandy product is a newer model in terms of being Jandy name-plated but the design isn’t necessarily brand new now. But I asked a number of different pool guys who work in this coastal climate to see if they had any opinions about which manufacturer’s equipment is holding up better down there. Everyone kept coming back to this unit that I recently purchased and I had some additional confidence in it because I have a similarly designed unit in Houston that I never had any maintenance issues with. So I ran with it since I knew it would work with the existing heater that was there. It’s a Jandy setup out there and that made it somewhat easier to be confident that everything would work with it. Frank also sent me a little table comparing a couple of different heaters to help me nail down that decision and that was very helpful. So far, I am very pleased. Everything is great. It all works.

I’m very happy with the installation process because I did not have to be involved at all and it got done right and on time. Frank has got kind of an internet shop and I really like how he’s put his business together. It was all done by telephone or text so millennials will love this guy. He’s got the model for the future. He’s got a low overhead and he passes the savings on to the customer. He also knows everything about the pool equipment. He is an NSPF-certified pool operator and an APSP-certified pool and spa-building professional. So if you’re an engineer like me, he’s gonna answer your questions as detailed as you wanna go.

He sent pictures during the installation so that I could see how it was going and that was cool. He showed the old heater and then the new heater on the slab and the connections. He sent close-ups so I could see he tied everything in. Most people that he would send this to wouldn’t see things like the pipe dope on the gas connections and the care taken to plumb up to lawn’s level. But it’s a pretty clean install. I liked this experience so much better than I liked dealing with the Rainey guys on this thing where you call the shop and they get a service guy connected to you. Frank was a lean mean pool heating installation machine. He was awesome. If Jandy wants to sell more pool heaters, they need to put these guys at the top of their list of dealers.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Somebody stole my Pentair variable speed pump so I had to get a new one. I read the review on Jandy and that was one of the reasons I bought it. Plus I had so much invested in Jandy anyway. I thought the system would work better if I had a Jandy variable speed pump. Despite the communication table that came with the Pentair, it still didn't communicate well with the Jandy controller system. It was sort of makeshift. It was the bare minimum and if you wanted to adjust the speed, you would have to do it by hand.

I had a pool guy do the installation and I like the new heat pump that I have. It uses a surprisingly small amount of electricity. Even in comparing its rpm with my old Pentair pump's, the new one uses half the energy. The only thing I don’t like is that I can't set the rpm like I could for my Pentair pump. I guess it’s not really a smart pump. It does whatever it’s told but it can’t program itself or any other pieces of equipment. But I think you can run several other pumps and program it that way.

I recommended the Jandy pump to the pool guy and he recommended the salt cell because it was quite expensive. I didn’t wanna get anything overly complicated or expensive. I had a Goldline one where I had a panel and I could actually adjust the salt concentration and do a lot of programming. But I don’t really need that much control over the salt. So I got the basic one and it seems to work well. I was hoping though that because I had all Jandy equipment now, there might be more information conveyed with the salt cell but there really isn’t.

The only way to run it is to manually set how long you want it to run and then everything else is pretty automatic. My controls don’t tell me what’s going on, like whether it’s running or not. I have to go there and look at it manually to see what’s going on. I have the iAquaLink so I can do a lot of things with my phone remotely. But I can’t do anything in regard to the salt cell. Nonetheless, I’m real happy with that salt cell. The only thing is that there seems to be an issue with the controller inside my house and the iAquaLink. They don't communicate well. When I set things with the iAquaLink, it doesn’t get reflected very well on the controller inside my house. It would tell me that the pump is not running on the inside of my house even though I know it is. I can see it running on my iAquaLink or I can walk up to it.

Another thing is that there should be some one-touch settings, which is a nice feature. The house is a vacation rental and when left alone, the renters would push every button they can possibly find. They would keep pushing it until everything is completely screwed up. They do that then they would call me and ask me to fix it. Nonetheless, the Jandy products have made the pool maintenance easier especially with the iAquaLink because I live about two hours away. I can’t be there all the time to turn it on, program it or do whatever I need to do. The iAquaLink helps me do everything remotely.

Robert,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Jandy variable speed pump. We hope that you enjoy the convenience and energy savings for years to come. Thank you for your insightful feedback. We hear your concerns, and we will pass them along to our product development team. We value opinions such as yours and welcome any additional feedback you would like to share with us. Please feel free to email us with your comments at, feedback@zodiac.com. Thank you, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was building a pool and I wanted the cartridge filter, the heat pumps, and the variable speed pumps. I looked around and most people reviewed Jandy Pro Series highly. Everybody uses the Jandy iQ for their automation, even if they use Pentair or any of the other products. When I bought the iQ20, I decided that I should get products made by the same manufacturer. If I was gonna spend money for all these items and everybody’s stuff was similarly priced, then I was gonna get them all from the same company.

I paid someone to install the products, but I should have installed them myself, and I might have done a better job. Initially, they were set up incorrectly and that took a long time to rectify because the installers were not knowledgeable about how things are supposed to work and their pool guys were far from technologically savvy. The pumps, filters and all that stuff are basically plumbing, so there are not a lot of the best and the brightest there. When it comes to setting up the automation, getting everything configured, and doing all the extra work, most of those guys just wanna show up and leave.

They didn’t wanna spend a lot of time configuring, so I had to spend a substantial amount of time fine-tuning all the different parts that I purchased to get everything to work. They installed the heat pump, but never configured it, so it was wired incorrectly. The heat pump needs to be wired to the controller on the RS board, but they wired it with two wires, so it never detected what it should have. It just came on and I had to control it with the manual console and couldn’t control it with the web app. I had to do the research and figure all that out. Had I known then what I know now, I would have set all that stuff up on my own and done the whole job myself. That would have been easy for me, even if might not be so for the average homeowner.

There were some things that I didn’t like. Although the quality on the surface, such as that of the variable pump, is impressive, the quality of the heat pump chiller is lacking in a couple of areas. For instance, the plastic screen that protects the fins on the outside easily cracks. Also, the heater chiller was difficult to move with the way it was shipped. I needed four guys to move it to try not to bend any of the fins on the outside. It was not packed in a way that protects the outside of it and if people lean up against it, they would flatten out the whole bunch of fins.

Furthermore, in the packing of the heater chiller, they used a bunch of screws to hold it on, and my plumber, the guy who installed the heater chiller, lost some of the screws within an hour of taking it apart. In hooking it up and putting it back together, he lost a couple of screws. But when I called Jandy to get some screws and pieces, they didn’t have the part numbers for these and they didn't know what kind they are. I ended up having to take the heater chiller apart to figure out what the pieces are, then I ordered the screws and the washers online.

In addition, the Jandy app is terrible and they should hire a bunch of web developers to come up with something for that. They could build an app for the phone that’s for the iQ. For one thing, there are no pop-ups on the web interface that indicate where you are. Also, the help section is difficult to follow. When you’re in a window and it tells you to go somewhere, it gives an ambiguous name for an option and what to do in there is ambiguous as well. So, unless you know ahead of time what it is you’re supposed to be doing, you wouldn't know what you're supposed to be doing there and you can’t just intuitively walk around the app and set stuff up.

Moreover, the documentation that was created for that stuff has very little depth to it and the explanations in some places are incredibly thin. So, you’re no better off reading the documentation than just scrolling through the app and looking at something and trying to figure it out on your own. There’s a big problem with the app and the web interface. The Jandy products themselves, though, are fine once they’re configured appropriately.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I had a Hayward pump that had gotten very old and it needed to be replaced. Something wasn’t working right and so I talked with the guy who was maintaining my pool at the time and we agreed that if I spent a little extra money upfront for this variable speed pump, I would see rewards in terms of the cost to run it. I did some math and decided that I would give it a shot. He picked the brand Jandy Pro Series. Then he brought somebody that sometimes works with him and they uninstalled the Hayward and then installed the Jandy Pro inside of 90 minutes, which I thought was pretty cool. I was really surprised at how quickly he got it together. And then, before he could get it up and running, he had to get a piece that didn’t fit onto the pipes and plumbing stuff that I had. He came back and finished in five minutes.

One time, I applied for a credit with my electricity company and when I took advantage of that on the electric company site, they didn’t have the name of the product that I purchased. Jandy helped me get that sorted out, then I was able to check the right box and I got a $300 rebate which was nice too, ‘cause I spent about $1,300 for buying it and paying the guy to put it in. I'm quite happy and I really like my variable speed pump from Jandy. It lowered my cost of electricity for about forty bucks a month less so that has been a very nice aspect of it.

Jandy Pro Series response

Wow, Tami. Thank you for sharing your complete Jandy story online for other pool owners to hear about. It sounds like you had an exceptional experience from beginning to end -- from the fast Jandy VS FloPro pump installation provided by your pool servicer, to the Jandy customer support and energy savings you experienced after the pump was up and running.

We value all customers, and your feedback makes us smile knowing you are having the pool experience you deserve.

Here's to a perfect swim!

Jandy Pro Series

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: June 15, 2019

The pump we purchased from Jandy Pro Series is working fine and it's doing its job. My old pump went bad, and I went and bought a new one. I installed it myself and it was easy. It's also of good quality. And while I'd like to see the cost cheaper, it’s reasonable.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We bought the house last September and I kept my pool open all winter. My pump was fine but it ran at high RPMs all the time. It was killing my electric bill so I wanted a variable speed and I bought a pump from Jandy. I used Pool Solutions in Rock Hill for the installation and they were great. The rep was totally professional and it took one day. Since then, the pump has been outstanding. I use it every day. So far, the experience with Jandy has been good. I’m happy with it.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I wanted to replace the pool pump I had because it burned out and the pool maintenance person bought from Jandy. The quality seems to be fine although it was a little on the pricier side. We’ll see how long it works.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My old pump had gone bad. I asked my salesman which pumps he would recommend and he put in this pump from Jandy Pro. Since having the new pump installed, the pool has been smooth-running and it doesn’t leak. Jandy Pro's product is a larger-sized motor than my last one was and it has been performing very well. I got what I paid for and I would tell a friend to make the purchase with Jandy Pro.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Jandy Pro was recommended by a pool professional. I bought a pump that replaced a failed one. It's a good value and it seems to be going good, overall.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I needed pool equipment because mine was 35 years old, rusting and falling apart. When the pool heater takes three hours to heat, it’s time to get something new. My pool professional recommended Jandy Pro. Last year, I bought their automation product and had it installed by a pool professional. It works perfectly. It's of very good quality and I’ve had no problems at all. Compared to other products I got, this is absolutely fantastic. I take care of all of it.

Original review: June 6, 2019

The lights in my pool didn’t coordinate with the system. I can turn them on but they don’t rotate through or it’s hard to get them on the light that I want. So, it wasn’t compatible. Then, the software system with the phone was not working consistently. Pool City, a pool professional, did the installation and they were also the liaison between Jandy and me. I talked to a rep and they didn’t know what the problem was. I called the Jandy service line and whoever I talked to at their service center was very helpful, accommodating and helpful in finding a solution. I got Pool City and Jandy connected, and they solved the problem. Now, the software is working, so that was just a hiccup in there.

It was a small thing to get it working properly but it was frustrating because I didn’t know why the software wasn’t working on my phone and then, it was also frustrating with the lights not being compatible with the system. Going in to get a replacement and putting that in, they didn’t anticipate that the lights wouldn’t be compatible. Other than those two things, everything else is working well. I’m glad I made the change and I’m happy with the product.

The variable speed is supposed to help on the electricity cost of it and running it. It seems like our electricity bill has gone down and the system is running well. So, the other one needed to be replaced. I’m satisfied with the way it’s working. We have a service that comes in and does the pool maintenance and the fellow that does the pool maintenance was impressed with the equipment that we put in there and that the size was much smaller, which takes up less space. He said that we got the top-of-the-line, so I respected his opinion.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I purchased a Jandy Pro Series heater and a guy and his son installed it and did a beautiful job. They charged a decent price for it. So, I’m very happy with it. I got some of his cards and I give them out to my friends. The heater has been performing just fine. Jandy products tend to be a little more costly. But the first one lasted 14 years, which was pretty good.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We bought a house and the pool was chlorine and I wanted it swapped over to a salt system. The guy that I contacted to do this for me didn’t specify what he was gonna put it in. So, he just automatically picked Jandy and didn’t consult with me. And at first, I wasn’t too happy with it. But it was more his fault than the product's fault. He told me he had put in a salt cell that was good enough for a 35,000-gallon pool. I have an 8,000-gallon pool. And so, I was running this thing at 40% and I couldn't figure out why every time I went to get the water tested, it had no chlorine in it. I finally took a picture of the unit, brought it to the local Pinch a Penny pool supply, and they said, "It's for 11,000 gallons, not for 35,000 gallons." So, I bumped it back up to 80% and lo and behold, I have extra chlorine now in it. It turns out I was just misinformed and I was setting it too low. And now that it's set right, it's working fine.

With the other salt cell I had, I didn’t have to set the percentage of how hard I want the thing to work. I just had to turn the knob that set the parts per million which was a shot in the dark either way because you really don’t know until you find that sweet spot. And then, that sweet spot is gonna change depending on the time of year, how many people are in the pool and so on. But Jandy is definitely easier to clean than the other unit I had because I just take it out of the housing, and I put it in a bucket with muriatic acid and water, and it does great. I'm really happy with it now that I've figured out what the deal was. I get the water tested weekly and usually, it's "Add two cups of acid," and that's about the expense of the maintenance other than to clean the salt cell.

Hello Crin,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of your new saltwater system. Wishing you the perfect pool season.

Jandy

Original review: May 29, 2019

The Jandy Pro Series was purchased as a replacement and was recommended by the pool technicians. They had initial problems setting it up because they didn't wire it correctly. But once we got the right professional in to do it, it's not been an issue anymore. I find Jandy to be quite good. Everything is reasonable for what I'm getting.

Hello Gianni,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Jandy product.

Happy Swimming!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 28, 2019

Jandy Pro series lasted 4 months! Paid extra for what was supposed to be a superior warranty! Absolutely do not buy this product. They will not stand behind their products! Factory representatives Is blaming me for the failure.

Original review: May 25, 2019

When one of our lights died down, I started calling Jandy. A pool professional recommended them and then installed the product. And I really like it. It’s safe. The price is also in line with the quality of it so I'm happy with both.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I purchased a filter pump, the Jandy valve and all that pool installation of a new swimming pool. I chose the Jandy equipment through the recommendation of the pool person and it has been performing very well since it was installed. I'm pretty pleased with it and I'd recommend Jandy. They're pretty easy to use and dependable. Hopefully, they'll last longer than a year.

I've called them on a couple occasions and the customer service reps were very handy and very responsive to my questions and concerns. I printed out the user guide and there's pretty much adequate information. They have very self-explainable instruction manuals. The user guides are very well put together, and I haven't had any issues. The only very minor concern that I have is the inclusion. I have the Jandy TruClear salt treatment and the numbers for the parts regarding the tailpipe that’s next to the salt chlorinator are not listed anywhere on the user guide. So, I had the hardest time trying to get a replacement part last month. I had really dug in deep, did some research and really worked hard to figure out what those part numbers were.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The heater has been in service for less than two years. Shortly after opening the pool last month, the heat exchanger began to gush water. I’m very disappointed in this product. My first Jandy heater lasted almost 12 years. I would not recommend this heater. I have been in contact with Sal at Jandy customer service. He has been helpful. I expect Jandy to do the right thing and pay for this repair.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 20, 2019

This very expensive pump doesn’t work because the iAquaLink app that you are forced to use with it doesn’t connect. This is not a problem with our internet or anything else, as initially told by the Jandy reps who came to troubleshoot. After getting a new router and extender (extra $s) and spending hours on it it still doesn’t function. It is completely an issue with the app. After research it turns out this app has had issues for a long time. We were told it was the most recent updated app, but that is simply not true. They might make a good pump, if it worked, but until the company invests in good programmers it won’t matter. If you have the old app and it works, do not update it. If you’re a new customer you’re stuck with the new app that isn’t functional. It has been this way for weeks and weeks. Very disappointing.

Hello Leslie,

We are sorry to hear that you've experienced issues with your Jandy Equipment. Both customer satisfaction and product quality are top priorities for us, and nothing less than the perfect pool experience will do. We will have an IOT specialist reach out to you.

Jandy

Original review: May 19, 2019

The pool lighting I got from Jandy is working really good. I've got a Hayward pool pump and a Hayward filter, and I got the two LED lights as well. They're probably the best lights I've ever seen. Everybody's impressed of them. My wife and I decided to have two of them. One area lights up the steps, and the other end lights up the deep end by the swim out, and it's really nice. They got like party lights. I gotta figure out how to program to where we could just pick a color and have a color stay on. They go through multiple colors - amber, blue, purple.

The quality of the product we got from Jandy is awesome. I would recommend it to anybody. It's a very easy product to install instead of those big, ugly, stainless steel lights that I'm used to back in the 70s, 80s, 90s. These things just go right in. And you turn them in, and those rubber O-rings, they just lock right into place. I saw the electrician put it in. And then you ain't gotta worry about burning out bulbs and water getting in behind the niche. It's a great idea.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I purchased the Jandy Pro through a local company here and it was their recommendation. The cost didn't seem out of line. The product appears to be excellent and it makes the pool perform better. We haven't really gotten into pool season yet but the couple times that I've used it, it's made everything a lot easier than it had been. A very good experience overall.

Original review: May 16, 2019

With the other filter I had, the bladders need to be replaced every couple of years. When it failed, I purchased the filter from Jandy Pro. The service company that I use suggested it and they did the installation. This is the first time they’ve used that particular filter with me and I've only had it for a couple of months. They also maintain it if there's an issue. I just have to call them to schedule it. If the bladders fail, they will replace it for me.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We decided to have a pool heater installed and upon recommendation from Thompson Pool Services in Las Vegas we purchased a Jandy and had it installed. The total cost of the unit and installation totaled $4940. After 2 seasons the unit needs to be replaced due to corrosion issues! We maintained the pool on a regular basis, monitored the chemicals and even replaced the water before we started seeing problems. Although customer service at Jandy were helpful we were informed that repairs or replacement would not be covered under warranty. Despite checking and maintaining the pool on a regular basis we were never informed by Thompson Pool that the chemical balance is critical.

Their customer satisfaction is NOT their priority as indicated on their website as we had to call them out several times before the unit broke down and they were never able to come out the same week. The igniter for the unit had to be replaced after one season and I would expect that if the unit was such bad shape that they would have been able to see it at that time. As a partner of Jandy and for us to sit with such a huge loss is horrible. This must be one of the worst losses that we have encountered through no fault of our own. My recommendation to anyone looking to purchase a pool heater is to stay away from this company!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 3, 2019

In Jan 2019 I had a pool installed with a Jandy heater. Unfortunately, within 4-6 weeks of installation, the pump started making a horrible, loud whistling noise. The water heated quickly and the pump appeared to be working, other than the noise. Contemporary Pools in Columbia, SC manage the Jandy warranties in the area. They came out, checked my heater, consulted with Jandy and determined nothing wrong.

A week later, whistling resumed and I called again. This time it was determined the gas valve put in by the HVAC company was faulty. I have had the valve replaced under warranty and neither Jandy nor the HVAC company will pay for the approximately $600 Jandy parts to fix the water pump! So here I sit with no water heat pump on my pool unless I pay for it - not gonna happen!!! A multi-million dollar company like Jandy should be able to resolve my customer service problem, if for no other reason that to keep their good name. I am very upset these two companies have left me with the financial responsibilities after I spent thousands on this pool already. I will make sure that people I know will hear about this and encourage People NOT to buy Jandy products!

Hello Mary,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your equipment. In order to warranty parts, we require installation by a pool professional. Please provide the HVAC professionals information to us, and we will follow up to ensure that your issue is appropriately resolved.

Jandy

Original review: May 1, 2019

I bought a pool heater but after that, I had a very bad experience from the service people. It’s a big issue, and they blamed it on the gas line that was coming and where it was installed. Everything was sufficient enough and I changed the chimney on the thing, and everything still didn’t work. The biggest issue was when I had to start up and they refused to do any service on it. I tried calling Jandy customer service and they were very rude. I would not ever buy Jandy again nor would I recommend anybody to buy them. It's not the optimum thing to buy. I had to buy another one for my Florida house and I bought something else.

Hello Amarjit,

Thank you for your feedback. Customer satisfaction and product quality are top priorities for us, and nothing less than the perfect pool experience will do.

We want to learn more about the experience you had with our customer service team, and we'd like to listen to the recording of your call with the technician. We will have a representative reach out to you and gather the pertinent information regarding your personal experience with our customer support department.

We thank you in advance for your time.

All the best,

Jandy

Original review: April 30, 2019

So far, our Jandy products are working well. I recently had a pool professional, the same builder who handles my maintenance, replace the filters and it's working fine.

Original review: April 29, 2019

One of the dual heat sensors inside the heater went bad two years ago and I bought a new one from Jandy to replace it. I did it myself and it was easy, though the troubleshooting was hard to figure out. Now it's back to normal. I've recommended them to my former neighbors.

Original review: April 28, 2019

My electric heat pump wasn’t working and then gas also became available in my neighborhood. Gas just gets hotter faster. So I went from an electric heat pump to natural gas. I looked at different units and Jandy was more of a compact unit so I went with it. The brand is also pretty well-known and I have a buddy who works there. He gave a good recommendation. Then I had a pool professional install the unit. But he didn't do it right completely. Then when I tried to get parts for it, it was pretty difficult. There was a unique thing where Jandy has a list of installers but if you had it installed by different people, you get different warranties. I wasn’t versed on that and when I called about the parts, Jandy said I would have to pay for the labor on it. All they were gonna pay for was the parts, if their guy said it was okay.

Later, I had another guy who was also on the service list but if he had done the installation, I would have gotten two years' warranty for parts and labor. They were sort of qualified by Jandy. With the people I had install it, all they were gonna give me is a one-year warranty for parts, no labor. So I was not happy with that. It would have been helpful to know the difference. Nonetheless, I've been very happy with how the heater has been performing. It performs the way it's supposed to and although it wasn’t cheap, it wasn’t overly expensive either. So I was pretty happy with the cost-benefit. It seemed like it's medium and balanced.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I sell and install Jandy pool heaters, and I like them. It’s got a two-year parts and label warranty. I’ve had a couple of warranty calls from some of my customers, but Jandy is good about covering stuff. I'm very satisfied.

Jandy Pro Series expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.

• Versa Plumb® system: The Jandy Pro Series Versa Plumb system includes a pump, heater, filter, valves and salt system. It reduces hydraulic resistance and uses less horsepower, resulting in energy savings.

• Water sanitizers: Jandy offers several water sanitizers for your pool or hot tub, including the TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, Jandy Pro Series Ozone Generator, AquaPure® Salt Water Pool System and AquaPure® Ei™ saltwater sanitation system.

• AquaLink® Control Systems: Jandy Pro Series uses its exclusive AquaLink® control system to fully automate many pool and spa features including LED lighting, temperature maintenance, salt and chlorination and more. Users can also install the iAquaLink™ app to control these features from smartphones or tablets.

• Online videos: Jandy’s website offers a series of helpful videos about its products, including how to install and use various products and how to control your pool or hot tub’s automation.

• Online calculators: Jandy offers several equipment calculators on its website, so you can calculate potential costs and energy savings. The calculators include Pool Pump Savings, Pool Heater Cost, Pool Heater Sizing and Spa Heater Sizing.

• Online calculators: Jandy pool products are available through independent pool builders, pool product retailers and pool service professionals.

• Best for: those who need pool or hot tub parts and products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs