4.59/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

Jandy Pro Series Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

157 Jandy Pro Series Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I had a Jandy Pro Series pool pump installed. It’s working and it's pumping away. So far, my experience with them has been fine.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have a Jandy pool and I extended my Jandy product line by getting an upgrade on my pool equipment controller from them. It was installed by a pool professional, and it seems to be working fine and it does its job. It was fairly priced for the quality. I got some quotes from various people, and they recommended that the most cost-effective solution was to use the software upgrade to our system. It's called the iAquaLink, which is a web-based interface, so I'm able to control my pool through my iPhone, which is convenient. It also helps me to save money because I'm working with some Pentair equipment pump, so I'm able to customize the cleaning times. I run our pump more often during the hotter months and then, I dial it back during the cooler months. So, my electric bill will probably be better.

I had to call the customer service team at Jandy a few times for them to troubleshoot a few things, and they were pretty helpful. They have resolved an issue that I was having. And, also, they had to do something on their end to make sure all the functionality of my pool colored lights worked right. I could have possibly gone with a whole Jandy system, but it seems like pool professionals like to mix and match. They all seem to have a preference towards certain components. The people I worked with seemed to be in favor of Pentair pumps, filters, and heaters, but they liked the Jandy controller. I'm very satisfied with Jandy, and I was pretty pleased with the software and the controller. I inherited my pool, and I know there's a lot of good pool equipment providers. But Jandy is definitely on par and people could consider them for their software, controller, or pool equipment.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had Jandy equipment before and I was happy with it, but it was very old and I needed to replace it. So, I went with them again. They did a great job and the installation went very smoothly. However, the pool heater and the variable-speed pump had to have a couple of service calls early on. There was a malfunction on the computer board twice inside the heater, so I talked to the contractor and each time, they came out the next day and fixed it. It’s working perfectly now. Other than the initial problems, it's great and of good value. I have used Jandy's products for almost 20 years and I've always been happy with them. They are reliable and I would buy them again. I would also recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My pool equipment of 12 years quit working and I had it replaced with Jandy. I also looked at a couple of others, and Jandy seemed to be rated very high, so I went with them. Their cost was in line with some other parts I looked at. I worked with the pool company that takes care of my equipment to purchase from Jandy and everything worked out great. The installation also went well and it seemed like the online parts that they set up didn’t have any problems. The product is of very good quality and has been doing great. Also, everything is easy to use. I like having the online experience where I can do everything. I can do it through my iPhone too. I’m very satisfied with my experience with Jandy. I would do it again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Our pool heater was not operating so I told the company we hired to do the work that I wanted a new one. They offered me the Jandy Pro and it's been great. Installation was an easy process and the heater seemed fine from the two times that I've used it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We purchased a house and the pool equipment was pretty old and not efficient, so we decided to change the heater and pump. We use our local pool company for the maintenance and they recommended Jandy, so we trusted them to select the models. My wife ordered the equipment and the pool company installed it but there was a little hiccup between the gas company and the equipment. We had the manufacturer come out and look at what’s going on and identify the issue with the gas pipe and we had the gas company come and check it.

The new equipment needed a new meter, and when the gas company installed it, they had a little rock in the regulator. So every time the gas flows, the rock blocked it. The second time the gas company came, they fixed the problem. Jandy did come out several times, so the installation was pretty good. Both Jandy and the pool company were good and I’m happy with them. I appreciate Jandy’s product but maybe they could make it more energy efficient.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We had a new pool installed and the pool professional recommended Jandy Pro. Cash, the representative from Gulf Coast Gunite Pools, dealt with Jandy and he was absolutely the best. The installation of the equipment we got from Jandy Pro looked great to me and the performance has been outstanding. We've been totally satisfied so far.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My other equipment went out of commission and our pool service people recommended Jandy Pro. I purchased the pump, the filter, and the water heater. Our old Jandy filter and the new one did not jive so I also had to purchase the spider thing where you go to back wash and so on. Their prices are a little steep but that’s what I needed so I got them. And the Jandy products are doing wonderfully.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I got multiple bids, and one guy from MB Pools said he could get the Jandy pool equipment and I’d buy it through his company. He said that I may have to pay a bit more but I’ll get better service so I did that. I paid maybe $1000 more than what I should have paid, but I’m pretty happy with the way he installed it as he was professional. But it could have been a better experience because I had an initial problem. When the water was coming out of the pool and going to the Jandy filter process, it made a noise, so I called MB Pools. The guy there said they couldn’t fix my problem and that I should call Jandy because they’re not authorized for Jandy yet, even though he told me they were.

It was one of those experiences where I thought I was going to get more, and so I fixed it myself. The heater has been running fine since it was installed. It heats my hot tub which seats 12 in about 20 minutes to about 103 degrees, so it’s really good. I expected from Jandy something that had more metal parts because it’s light and about 40 pounds. They’re all plastic and it’s not like they used to make them where they were more quality built. I had a unit that was all metal and it was heavy and it wouldn’t blow. With the Jandy, when the strong wind blows, it kind of moves from the little bricks and could potentially break the seal on the two products. But that’s not really worrying right now.

It doesn’t leak gas and it works great. I like the LCD display, but it’s really expensive. The Jandy products cost $2100. Some of these other companies that they compete with, you buy their pool and spa heater and you get the installation free which is $1000. The Jandy product is great but it’s overpriced and not worth the money that you pay. I would recommend them if there’s nothing else out there that’s even better.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We were redoing our pool and Jandy Pro Series came recommended by the pool guy. I had a fairly new motor so he put in a new filter. I had an undersized single cartridge type filter to begin with, so the new one definitely holds up and it’s been nice that it works a little bit better than that. And I don’t have to clean it as longer. Also, a branch fell on the thing during the hurricane and the pool guy got the replacement parts quick. I’ve had the products for about four months now and all has been good so far.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The Jandy Pro sales rep explained to me the features of their unit that made it good. It's self-enclosed so that you had fewer issues with rodents and things like that getting in. It also has a valve that prevents water from getting in. It's a lot faster than my old heater. However, it stopped working and they had to replace something in it. Their technician even had to order parts so it was out of service for two weeks. It works well overall but I would definitely be unhappy if it breaks down again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We purchased a new pool through a company out of Thomaston, Georgia. The pool professional decided to go with Jandy Pro Series and put in the equipment. I did all the manufacturer warranties and everything has worked perfectly. I would refer friends to Jandy.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I placed a call to Jandy Pro Series two months ago and installed a variable speed pump by Pentair. I also replaced the home automation board a year and a half ago. I replaced the existing Jandy equipment but I did not want to complicate things so I kept Jandy as the vendor. The quality is good and the pool is performing fine since the installation.

My experience in the setup of the original board was very easy. The internet application leaves a bit to be desired because of the very old style interface. The people were helpful and customer service treated me well. But their knowledge was mixed and I struggled to get the new variable speed pump set up and working adequately. I explained the configuration and they connected remotely into my system through my account. They also struggled to get it working and I finally just reset the system. I had to go through the complete set up again and got it functioning. It took a few calls with Jandy to figure out what I needed to look at. Customer service was friendly and willing to help but the people I talked to needed support.

Overall I would recommend and stick with Jandy. The equipment is expensive but I'm a techie guy and I like the automation and the convenience and some of the capability it allows. Everything that I wanted to do I can do but as homes become more automated and the internet becomes more pervasive, Jandy has to step up their game for a consumer to be with them for the next five to eight years. I'd love to talk to their product people and tell them some features that I would love to see.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I had a new pool construction about two years ago and I purchased from Jandy Pro Series everything that came with the pool from the filter. The products have been working fine but there were a few minor hiccups here and there but it's more related to the debris from the hurricane. It’s good that it has its own saltwater system so I don't have to put in the liquid anymore. I asked the reps one time some questions on it and they mentioned to me that I needed to get the person who installed the pool to get a person in there to fix it. Overall, Jandy Pro hasn't failed me yet and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I had a Hayward pump that was only about four years old and it fell. I had my pool guy come out and I was looking for automation. We made the decision to purchase a Jandy pump to get the automation. My pool guy installed it. He called Jandy a few times to get some assistance and clarification in configuring it and setting it up. He installed it in just a few hours and everything works very well, except that he became MIA. And he was supposed to get my heater to work with the app. I'm going to call technical support and see if they can walk me through setting it up.

I don't like the app which I think is marginal at best. It is very convoluted and not very pleasant to look at. It's also not very easy to maneuver. It's not easy to change settings, rename things, and change timers. But the pump itself works great. So far, I love it and I'm very satisfied. As long as it lasts five-six years, I'll be happy. I also purchased other Jandy products such as the flappers and the seals. They don't last as long as I wish, but they last a year and a half to two years. And then, you're going to buy another one for 30 bucks.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My pool professional purchased the pumps from Jandy Pro Series and it was easy. The pumps beat very robustly and the function is very good. The cost is a little bit high but the quality and the consumption is better than what I had before and it gives me the same effect even for cleaning up the pool.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We needed a new heater since the other one stopped working and the pool guy recommended to purchase from Jandy. The installation went smoothly and the heater works great. We've used it for a couple of months now and it's wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We've heard people talk about how hard it is to take care of the pool but I have yet to experience that. Right now, we’re happy with the equipment since we've only had it a few months so hopefully, we’ll feel the same way a year or so from now. We've got the Polaris and the filters from Jandy Pro Series and all the equipment seems to work well together. It was part of the pool equipment that we got when the installer installed the new pool this summer. All I did was fill out the paperwork online and it was taken care of. It’s very efficient and I don't spend a lot of time cleaning. Everything has been easy and relatively simple so, we've been really pleased.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My previous heater was too old and needed to be replaced. I had the guy who resurfaced my pool purchase a heater from Jandy Pro. Their reps were wonderful. It was expensive but it's been good so far. I've used it once so far and it's working properly.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had a new a pool put in and Jandy Pro Series was recommended to me by my pool professional. He's installing it and from what I read and saw, it looks good. It's a good product and a good buy.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

All my pool equipment was 40 years old and worn out and my pool guy recommended Jandy Pro Series. I have a new filter, motor, pool sweep and everything. It's like a new pool. Jandy Pro installed and maintains everything, and so far, so good. I've had the equipment since July and I like it. I would recommend Jandy Pro.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

My pool professional purchased and installed the pump for me and I was very much shocked at how quiet it was compared to what I had before. I'm also very pleased that it's functioning beautifully. The cost was spot on and I got what I paid for. The maintenance and the water flow that results in the filtering have also improved overall. I would definitely turn to Jandy Pro Series based on the experience I have with the current quality of the product.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My old pump died and I needed a new one. I had my swimming pool guy who is kind of helping me with equipment and if I need any kind of maintenance and he recommended that I use Jandy Pro but I had a different one then. I had a Hayward Super Pump. I made sure by reading the reviews and liked Jandy Pro, and then we decided to purchase this one. I bought it online from the pool supply store instead of getting it from the pool guy who maintains my pool because I could get it cheaper when they offered. I saved a few hundred dollars by buying it myself and I just let them install it.

I do my own weekly maintenance - I open it up, clean it and let it go. I only call pool guys if there is some kind of issue, like if something is broken and I cannot fix it myself. The pump is really well-made and it works very quietly compared to the product that I had before. The name Jandy Pro is good and speaks for itself, and the pool and the pump are working fine. My pool is running perfect and it’s been doing great. It's only been like three months and hopefully, it will continue and give me years of service without a lot of headaches. I would definitely recommend Jandy Pro.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

When our pool was first installed, there were issues with our irrigation. Water got into the filter and it would run off, get into the pool and get it dirty. So, we got these new filters with the company that installed the pool. The pool company dealt with Jandy and the filters have been working well. We placed the saltwater cell in the pool that we had for about two and a half years now. Jandy covered it under warranty, but I keep watching for the quality of the product.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We have two Jandy pumps and I have constant headaches with them. The lid starts leaking and had to be replaced, but now it’s getting air into it again. The pumps work fine but they leak and it’s difficult to take it apart and put lube on the orange part of the lid. We had the older version of the pumps and the new one was so expensive so that piece has been disappointing. The other equipment, the heater, was working okay but the whole copper inside was all rusted and then it started leaking profusely. We called customer service when the heater went bad and they told us that it's out of warranty and there was nothing they could do. We had to get a second one in and this is the second heater that we have. We had a tough time registering online but the new heater has been working well and it has been good for us. We contacted a store, they shipped the product to us and then we had a pool expert come in and had it installed for us.

We always have our products installed by a professional and the installation process is very straightforward. We use local experts that are referred to us by local pool stores. They're expensive but they do a good job. When we bought the house, the person who we bought it from trained us on how to maintain, do the water checks and do the adding of the chlorine, so we do the maintenance ourselves. The quality of the products that we purchased from Jandy was not very impressive for the price we pay and for the name we hear about Jandy. We've put a lot of money with them, yet the experience has been average. It's sad that the Jandy pool equipment gave us many more headaches much sooner than all the other stuff that we have in our house. Some things work well and some things don't.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hello Sandeep, It was such a pleasure to resolve your pool equipment needs today. In a few days, you should have everything you need from us to fix the leaking gasket on your pump and to replace your damaged booster pump. We hope you enjoy your clean and convenient pool! - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My pool guy bought and installed the pumps, the filter, the Z4, and the chlorinator from Jandy Pro. While the chlorinator is difficult to keep clean, everything else is doing well. I'm very satisfied and it's been a lovely experience.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We have a pool with no heater and I wanted to extend my swimming a few months out of the year. Since we’re putting in a house generator, it would be more efficient to get a gas heater propane. We have a 500-gallon propane in the ground so it heats up faster and it would use less electric than propane. In Florida, it will be more cost-efficient than a gas heater and the size also mattered. I needed it small and the electrics are so big. I researched a lot of and went into Pinch A Penny. They sell Jandy water heater there so I purchased through them. We did the installation ourselves and it was easy. We have to redo everything since we bought a new pump as well. A variable speed pump which we also researched but it was not from Jandy. We had to redo all of the plumbing to get it on the pad. We ripped everything out and put everything in new.

We love the pool heater we bought from Jandy. The quality of the water heater is very good. We put in a Sacrificial Anode since we have a falls water and we wanted to protect it as much as we could from the falls generator that comes on after. The Sacrificial Anode is in before the process. We put a bypass in it as well. We ran a bypass for it so that when we're not running it, we could bypass and then it backs itself. The heater was reasonable in price compared to some of the others I saw and it's been three months since it was installed. It takes about 15 minutes to heat from 82 to 85 degrees. It was perfect and still warm. Overall, it was an outstanding experience with Jandy and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My pool equipment was 10 years old so the pumps were starting to go out and I had to buy replacements. I bought the pumps through a dealer of Jandy and the pool professional installed the two pipes and some wires. About three weeks ago, one of the pumps went out pretty quickly. It was a three horsepower, which is more than enough, but the actual pump part that creates deflection was defective.

There was a problem with contacting the place that I bought the pump from which is Pool IQ. They wanted me to contact Jandy but I didn't know what the exact problem is so then Jandy wanted to talk to my pool guy. It was a phone contacting for a while and they want to just replace the pump part instead of the whole pump. But I didn't want just the part since I spent 900 bucks for a new pump and now it's defective. That part was a pain in the butt. We were going in circles. There was no finding the bottom line person that would say that they're going to do this.

It took a couple of weeks to get the pump. That was a problem since I have a house that's on the lake with the pool and I rent it sometimes on Vacation Rental By Owners. I had people there that were renting the house and the pump had gone out and so I had to scramble and find a replacement pump to get it by while people were there. Otherwise, I could've lost a couple of grand on my rental. Jandy finally replaced it with a brand new pump so it was okay and everything is fine.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My pool equipment was very old and our pool guy said Jandy Pro Series was a great pump. We got it and then he installed it for us. We’ve only used it thrice since installation and it’s been good so far. Also, it is much more energy efficient. However, Jandy was more expensive than most pool equipment but we were told that it would save us money in the long run. It was a very good experience and I’d recommend Jandy.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Based on the reviews, Jandy Pro is the most efficient so I chose to buy the pump, the AquaLink, and the motherboard from them. The products were good upfront. The pump costs $1,600. I expect some savings so it's working fine pumping water and I saw a 20% increase in my electricity which was great. The motherboard might have been some third company product but it just connects all the electronics together. But the AquaLink was not a good product. I've had it replaced already but it goes down everyday and it's so inconsistent. The pool guy was frustrated as he came out 11 times because I complained it to him when he installed it and it's not working. It keeps getting disconnected from the internet so he returned it and bought a new one. The remote and app that they set up were not there and it cost a lot of money.

I was on the verge of having the pool guy pick it up and just thrash it because it's ruining the whole pool experience. It's either they're using old technology or whatever but it's not being connected to the internet even though I've purchased and tried two different top of the line routers to test which one works. The pool guy and I called customer service and I've stayed on the phone with them. I went through with the first person the whole process of calling and explain what the problem was but they can't resolve it and they needed to connect me to someone else. Then I spent another half an hour explaining to them and doing the same test steps that the previous help tried to do but they would only get nowhere. Then they blame on the internet provider and the modem. The problem was I haven't had any of my whole house connected so there were no other products except their AquaLink so I know there's nothing wrong with my internet provider.

It has to do something with their product where there is no technology so the customer service had been terrible. Jandy Pro has a return policy for three months and it’s terrible as well. It cost me $3000 and if I spent thousand dollars, I want a little better than that. They provide this short term, crappy warranty because they have a high rate failure and didn’t want everyone lining up. It took me a couple of months just to have it set up after I've purchased it, and I had to schedule and write all that stuff so the warranty was not sufficient. At the minimum, it should be a year. It's an expensive upgrade and the company doesn’t stand by its product. They just sell and don't want to accept them.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Sanjhar,

Thank you for the opportunity to resolve your concerns regarding your pool equipment today. We hope the solutions we provided will improve your pool experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at feedback@zodiac.com if you need any further assistance. - Jandy Pro Series

Jandy Pro Series Company Information