4.59/5
  • 1 star
Based on 139 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

Jandy Pro Series Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

169 Jandy Pro Series Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We don't and won't use anything but Jandy equipment for our customers. Great products, great service and great sales. As a company we started selling Jandy in 2015 and in 2017 went exclusive with Jandy. All of our customers love the product and enjoy how easy it is to use. We were able to change out equipment for customers for less money but give them better equipment.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Very Simple system to install and simple for clients to use and warranty and customer service is awesome! Heater also saves so much on gas and helps prevents rodents inside to mess up the wiring and internals. Love the footprint of this heater. Very small.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The pool company that built my pool used Jandy Pro Series. It's a 15 by 30 pool and I had the heater, filter and pumps installed in it. The equipment works well but in the beginning, the heater wasn't working, so Jandy's tech came over and fixed it. The overall quality of the pool is great and I'm happy with it. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Jandy heater is much better than the one that I had and they did a good job. I like the heater a lot.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My old DE filter manifold broke and so I did some research and found that the Jandy 150 was good for my pool. I decided to get it from Amazon and installing it was easy -- I did it in 30 minutes. So far, it's been performing well. Though the first days, the pressure was getting high so I assumed that it was the quality of the water because the other filter was putting DE back to the pool. But now, it’s doing good. Overall, I would recommend the Jandy filter to friends because of the ease of use, and it’s been doing good cleaning the water. You could even clean the filter every day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

We had issues with the Jandy Pro Series pool heater because it wasn’t keeping up with the temperature in the pool. I went online to get some help, and they recommended a pool company that would fix it under warranty. The pool company I’m working with has been very good but they’re missing something with regard to how to fix it. We have had them come out three times to fix this and it has not been fixed. It is off by up to 6 degrees which I don’t understand because at the beginning when we bought it over a year ago, it was perfectly aligned with all the other thermostats. Towards the end of the summer, it is growing even further apart. I have to put the temperature at 104 degrees to actually get it at 92 so that is frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

My pool pump died due to very old age, so I had a pool guy take care of everything and install a Jandy Pro pump. Since the replacement, everything's working fine. And while the equipment was expensive, its cost was competitive with everybody else.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We’ve had our pool for 16 years and all of its equipment have always been Jandy. We've had the automation system and then, six months ago, we put in a wireless system. Then last month, we put in an additional equipment and replaced all of our equipment tied into the automation. We had a professional install the products. He did the programming, but we also did a little programming here and there. Their products are of good quality and it is nice to be able to do stuff over our phone, plus I can control 90% of the pool features through it. It was very convenient and I would recommend that.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The system I had to operate my pool or the circuit board got fried due to a lightning strike. I then needed to replace it. I bought Jandy Pro Series and there was no difficulty in the whole process of purchasing it. The equipment has good quality and it's working fine.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I had a pool put in and the pool professionals recommended Jandy. I have their pump and filter. The quality is fine and everything's good. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The old heater went out and I needed a new one. I got a replacement through the people who service our pool. I gave them an idea, the budget and they gave me some selections. I knew Jandy was good and decided that it was the one that fits my budget well. Some of the other stuff in my pool is Jandy as well, the hot tub and the waterfall. We haven't had to use it much because we've done it at the tail end of the winter. It did fine the few times we used it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I had a Jandy Pro Series pool pump installed. It’s working and it's pumping away. So far, my experience with them has been fine.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have a Jandy pool and I extended my Jandy product line by getting an upgrade on my pool equipment controller from them. It was installed by a pool professional, and it seems to be working fine and it does its job. It was fairly priced for the quality. I got some quotes from various people, and they recommended that the most cost-effective solution was to use the software upgrade to our system. It's called the iAquaLink, which is a web-based interface, so I'm able to control my pool through my iPhone, which is convenient. It also helps me to save money because I'm working with some Pentair equipment pump, so I'm able to customize the cleaning times. I run our pump more often during the hotter months and then, I dial it back during the cooler months. So, my electric bill will probably be better.

I had to call the customer service team at Jandy a few times for them to troubleshoot a few things, and they were pretty helpful. They have resolved an issue that I was having. And, also, they had to do something on their end to make sure all the functionality of my pool colored lights worked right. I could have possibly gone with a whole Jandy system, but it seems like pool professionals like to mix and match. They all seem to have a preference towards certain components. The people I worked with seemed to be in favor of Pentair pumps, filters, and heaters, but they liked the Jandy controller. I'm very satisfied with Jandy, and I was pretty pleased with the software and the controller. I inherited my pool, and I know there's a lot of good pool equipment providers. But Jandy is definitely on par and people could consider them for their software, controller, or pool equipment.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had Jandy equipment before and I was happy with it, but it was very old and I needed to replace it. So, I went with them again. They did a great job and the installation went very smoothly. However, the pool heater and the variable-speed pump had to have a couple of service calls early on. There was a malfunction on the computer board twice inside the heater, so I talked to the contractor and each time, they came out the next day and fixed it. It’s working perfectly now. Other than the initial problems, it's great and of good value. I have used Jandy's products for almost 20 years and I've always been happy with them. They are reliable and I would buy them again. I would also recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My pool equipment of 12 years quit working and I had it replaced with Jandy. I also looked at a couple of others, and Jandy seemed to be rated very high, so I went with them. Their cost was in line with some other parts I looked at. I worked with the pool company that takes care of my equipment to purchase from Jandy and everything worked out great. The installation also went well and it seemed like the online parts that they set up didn’t have any problems. The product is of very good quality and has been doing great. Also, everything is easy to use. I like having the online experience where I can do everything. I can do it through my iPhone too. I’m very satisfied with my experience with Jandy. I would do it again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Our pool heater was not operating so I told the company we hired to do the work that I wanted a new one. They offered me the Jandy Pro and it's been great. Installation was an easy process and the heater seemed fine from the two times that I've used it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We purchased a house and the pool equipment was pretty old and not efficient, so we decided to change the heater and pump. We use our local pool company for the maintenance and they recommended Jandy, so we trusted them to select the models. My wife ordered the equipment and the pool company installed it but there was a little hiccup between the gas company and the equipment. We had the manufacturer come out and look at what’s going on and identify the issue with the gas pipe and we had the gas company come and check it.

The new equipment needed a new meter, and when the gas company installed it, they had a little rock in the regulator. So every time the gas flows, the rock blocked it. The second time the gas company came, they fixed the problem. Jandy did come out several times, so the installation was pretty good. Both Jandy and the pool company were good and I’m happy with them. I appreciate Jandy’s product but maybe they could make it more energy efficient.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We had a new pool installed and the pool professional recommended Jandy Pro. Cash, the representative from Gulf Coast Gunite Pools, dealt with Jandy and he was absolutely the best. The installation of the equipment we got from Jandy Pro looked great to me and the performance has been outstanding. We've been totally satisfied so far.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My other equipment went out of commission and our pool service people recommended Jandy Pro. I purchased the pump, the filter, and the water heater. Our old Jandy filter and the new one did not jive so I also had to purchase the spider thing where you go to back wash and so on. Their prices are a little steep but that’s what I needed so I got them. And the Jandy products are doing wonderfully.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I got multiple bids, and one guy from MB Pools said he could get the Jandy pool equipment and I’d buy it through his company. He said that I may have to pay a bit more but I’ll get better service so I did that. I paid maybe $1000 more than what I should have paid, but I’m pretty happy with the way he installed it as he was professional. But it could have been a better experience because I had an initial problem. When the water was coming out of the pool and going to the Jandy filter process, it made a noise, so I called MB Pools. The guy there said they couldn’t fix my problem and that I should call Jandy because they’re not authorized for Jandy yet, even though he told me they were.

It was one of those experiences where I thought I was going to get more, and so I fixed it myself. The heater has been running fine since it was installed. It heats my hot tub which seats 12 in about 20 minutes to about 103 degrees, so it’s really good. I expected from Jandy something that had more metal parts because it’s light and about 40 pounds. They’re all plastic and it’s not like they used to make them where they were more quality built. I had a unit that was all metal and it was heavy and it wouldn’t blow. With the Jandy, when the strong wind blows, it kind of moves from the little bricks and could potentially break the seal on the two products. But that’s not really worrying right now.

It doesn’t leak gas and it works great. I like the LCD display, but it’s really expensive. The Jandy products cost $2100. Some of these other companies that they compete with, you buy their pool and spa heater and you get the installation free which is $1000. The Jandy product is great but it’s overpriced and not worth the money that you pay. I would recommend them if there’s nothing else out there that’s even better.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We were redoing our pool and Jandy Pro Series came recommended by the pool guy. I had a fairly new motor so he put in a new filter. I had an undersized single cartridge type filter to begin with, so the new one definitely holds up and it’s been nice that it works a little bit better than that. And I don’t have to clean it as longer. Also, a branch fell on the thing during the hurricane and the pool guy got the replacement parts quick. I’ve had the products for about four months now and all has been good so far.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The Jandy Pro sales rep explained to me the features of their unit that made it good. It's self-enclosed so that you had fewer issues with rodents and things like that getting in. It also has a valve that prevents water from getting in. It's a lot faster than my old heater. However, it stopped working and they had to replace something in it. Their technician even had to order parts so it was out of service for two weeks. It works well overall but I would definitely be unhappy if it breaks down again.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Brent, Thank you for sharing your feedback for the Jandy JXi400NK heater with VersaFlo Integrated Bypass. We're glad to hear it heats your pool quickly and efficiently. We hope you experience uninterrupted service from your heater from this point on. If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to contact us at feedback@zodiac.com. Thanks again! Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We purchased a new pool through a company out of Thomaston, Georgia. The pool professional decided to go with Jandy Pro Series and put in the equipment. I did all the manufacturer warranties and everything has worked perfectly. I would refer friends to Jandy.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I placed a call to Jandy Pro Series two months ago and installed a variable speed pump by Pentair. I also replaced the home automation board a year and a half ago. I replaced the existing Jandy equipment but I did not want to complicate things so I kept Jandy as the vendor. The quality is good and the pool is performing fine since the installation.

My experience in the setup of the original board was very easy. The internet application leaves a bit to be desired because of the very old style interface. The people were helpful and customer service treated me well. But their knowledge was mixed and I struggled to get the new variable speed pump set up and working adequately. I explained the configuration and they connected remotely into my system through my account. They also struggled to get it working and I finally just reset the system. I had to go through the complete set up again and got it functioning. It took a few calls with Jandy to figure out what I needed to look at. Customer service was friendly and willing to help but the people I talked to needed support.

Overall I would recommend and stick with Jandy. The equipment is expensive but I'm a techie guy and I like the automation and the convenience and some of the capability it allows. Everything that I wanted to do I can do but as homes become more automated and the internet becomes more pervasive, Jandy has to step up their game for a consumer to be with them for the next five to eight years. I'd love to talk to their product people and tell them some features that I would love to see.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I had a new pool construction about two years ago and I purchased from Jandy Pro Series everything that came with the pool from the filter. The products have been working fine but there were a few minor hiccups here and there but it's more related to the debris from the hurricane. It’s good that it has its own saltwater system so I don't have to put in the liquid anymore. I asked the reps one time some questions on it and they mentioned to me that I needed to get the person who installed the pool to get a person in there to fix it. Overall, Jandy Pro hasn't failed me yet and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I had a Hayward pump that was only about four years old and it fell. I had my pool guy come out and I was looking for automation. We made the decision to purchase a Jandy pump to get the automation. My pool guy installed it. He called Jandy a few times to get some assistance and clarification in configuring it and setting it up. He installed it in just a few hours and everything works very well, except that he became MIA. And he was supposed to get my heater to work with the app. I'm going to call technical support and see if they can walk me through setting it up.

I don't like the app which I think is marginal at best. It is very convoluted and not very pleasant to look at. It's also not very easy to maneuver. It's not easy to change settings, rename things, and change timers. But the pump itself works great. So far, I love it and I'm very satisfied. As long as it lasts five-six years, I'll be happy. I also purchased other Jandy products such as the flappers and the seals. They don't last as long as I wish, but they last a year and a half to two years. And then, you're going to buy another one for 30 bucks.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My pool professional purchased the pumps from Jandy Pro Series and it was easy. The pumps beat very robustly and the function is very good. The cost is a little bit high but the quality and the consumption is better than what I had before and it gives me the same effect even for cleaning up the pool.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We needed a new heater since the other one stopped working and the pool guy recommended to purchase from Jandy. The installation went smoothly and the heater works great. We've used it for a couple of months now and it's wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We've heard people talk about how hard it is to take care of the pool but I have yet to experience that. Right now, we’re happy with the equipment since we've only had it a few months so hopefully, we’ll feel the same way a year or so from now. We've got the Polaris and the filters from Jandy Pro Series and all the equipment seems to work well together. It was part of the pool equipment that we got when the installer installed the new pool this summer. All I did was fill out the paperwork online and it was taken care of. It’s very efficient and I don't spend a lot of time cleaning. Everything has been easy and relatively simple so, we've been really pleased.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My previous heater was too old and needed to be replaced. I had the guy who resurfaced my pool purchase a heater from Jandy Pro. Their reps were wonderful. It was expensive but it's been good so far. I've used it once so far and it's working properly.

Jandy Pro Series Company Information

www.jandypoolproducts.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use