4.30/5

Vista, CA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

Jandy Pro Series Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Jandy Pro Series Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 6, 2019

The lights in my pool didn’t coordinate with the system. I can turn them on but they don’t rotate through or it’s hard to get them on the light that I want. So, it wasn’t compatible. Then, the software system with the phone was not working consistently. Pool City, a pool professional, did the installation and they were also the liaison between Jandy and me. I talked to a rep and they didn’t know what the problem was. I called the Jandy service line and whoever I talked to at their service center was very helpful, accommodating and helpful in finding a solution. I got Pool City and Jandy connected, and they solved the problem. Now, the software is working, so that was just a hiccup in there.

It was a small thing to get it working properly but it was frustrating because I didn’t know why the software wasn’t working on my phone and then, it was also frustrating with the lights not being compatible with the system. Going in to get a replacement and putting that in, they didn’t anticipate that the lights wouldn’t be compatible. Other than those two things, everything else is working well. I’m glad I made the change and I’m happy with the product.

The variable speed is supposed to help on the electricity cost of it and running it. It seems like our electricity bill has gone down and the system is running well. So, the other one needed to be replaced. I’m satisfied with the way it’s working. We have a service that comes in and does the pool maintenance and the fellow that does the pool maintenance was impressed with the equipment that we put in there and that the size was much smaller, which takes up less space. He said that we got the top-of-the-line, so I respected his opinion.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I had an insurance claim ‘cause I had a huge tree that blew down during the storm across my pool equipment and broke all my pool equipment and my brick wall. While I was at it, I decided that I wanted to change to salt water because I was having so much trouble keeping the other clear and I’m spending so much money on chemicals. I bought the Jandy equipment through a local pool company and they came and installed it. I was real happy with it. It seems so much easier. Also, I have it hooked up to a WiFi switch so I can set it to where the pump and everything turns off and then comes back on, and it works well with that. So, I think it’s really good quality. The cost was very affordable too. I probably will have my money paid for it back in probably a year and a half or so for all the chemicals that I’m not having to buy now.

It’s probably been a couple of months ago when the LED screen on there just got stuck. It would only show what percentage of chlorinating it was doing. It was stuck on 60% and none of the buttons would let me change anything. I just called and told them what was happening, and they gave me some suggestions on what to try to do. I did that, and it didn’t help. I still couldn’t get the display to work. They said they'd send somebody out. They looked up with my address as to who is the nearest service provider. They called on my behalf and I gave them the warranty information.

Then, that pool company called me to set up a time to come out and look at it. They came out and it was then when they said they couldn’t fix it at that time. They put a new board in there so I could change the settings on it. When they did that, the whole thing wouldn’t show anything. The pool company was a different one than who installed it, but they verified that everything was installed and wired correctly. Then they just ended up replacing it. They had to order me a whole new system, and it took about four or five days or so until it came in. They came and put it back on. That was the only problem I had and Jandy has corrected it easily so I’m real pleased with the service. It was real easy talking with them about the issue.

I have recommended Jandy to someone who bought one. The salt level stays up, and I’m gonna take the water to get it checked. Everything’s usually right in level, so it performs well. The only thing is I wish that it would show me what my current salt level is. Some of them have that but I think with Jandy, you may have to buy an additional piece of equipment to do that.

Hello Steven,

Thank you for your feedback. Wishing you the perfect swim season.

Jandy

Original review: May 30, 2019

We bought a house and the pool was chlorine and I wanted it swapped over to a salt system. The guy that I contacted to do this for me didn’t specify what he was gonna put it in. So, he just automatically picked Jandy and didn’t consult with me. And at first, I wasn’t too happy with it. But it was more his fault than the product's fault. He told me he had put in a salt cell that was good enough for a 35,000-gallon pool. I have an 8,000-gallon pool. And so, I was running this thing at 40% and I couldn't figure out why every time I went to get the water tested, it had no chlorine in it. I finally took a picture of the unit, brought it to the local Pinch a Penny pool supply, and they said, "It's for 11,000 gallons, not for 35,000 gallons." So, I bumped it back up to 80% and lo and behold, I have extra chlorine now in it. It turns out I was just misinformed and I was setting it too low. And now that it's set right, it's working fine.

With the other salt cell I had, I didn’t have to set the percentage of how hard I want the thing to work. I just had to turn the knob that set the parts per million which was a shot in the dark either way because you really don’t know until you find that sweet spot. And then, that sweet spot is gonna change depending on the time of year, how many people are in the pool and so on. But Jandy is definitely easier to clean than the other unit I had because I just take it out of the housing, and I put it in a bucket with muriatic acid and water, and it does great. I'm really happy with it now that I've figured out what the deal was. I get the water tested weekly and usually, it's "Add two cups of acid," and that's about the expense of the maintenance other than to clean the salt cell.

Hello Crin,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of your new saltwater system. Wishing you the perfect pool season.

Jandy

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a pool built in a coastal climate in 2013 and originally, it was the Jandy LXi that was installed. That heater had some ventilation right on the top and it was supposed to direct rainfall. But that apparently wasn’t a good design. It started cutting out and loosened igniters after four years then it gave up altogether six months ago. My regular pool maintenance people are also the people who installed the pool. Rainey sent me a proposal for replacing the heater with this new model that I bought. But it was a little pricey so I started digging around and I found another installer on the internet. I was very pleased with both the price, the installation process and the timeline with Whale Pools and have not had any issues with the installation. In particular, Rainey wanted me to hire electricians and plumbers on top of expense. But these other guys were kind of a one-stop shop and they were $1,000 cheaper.

There was a bit of hesitation because this Jandy product is a newer model in terms of being Jandy name-plated but the design isn’t necessarily brand new now. But I asked a number of different pool guys who work in this coastal climate to see if they had any opinions about which manufacturer’s equipment is holding up better down there. Everyone kept coming back to this unit that I recently purchased and I had some additional confidence in it because I have a similarly designed unit in Houston that I never had any maintenance issues with. So I ran with it since I knew it would work with the existing heater that was there. It’s a Jandy setup out there and that made it somewhat easier to be confident that everything would work with it. Frank also sent me a little table comparing a couple of different heaters to help me nail down that decision and that was very helpful. So far, I am very pleased. Everything is great. It all works.

I’m very happy with the installation process because I did not have to be involved at all and it got done right and on time. Frank has got kind of an internet shop and I really like how he’s put his business together. It was all done by telephone or text so millennials will love this guy. He’s got the model for the future. He’s got a low overhead and he passes the savings on to the customer. He also knows everything about the pool equipment. He is an NSPF-certified pool operator and an APSP-certified pool and spa-building professional. So if you’re an engineer like me, he’s gonna answer your questions as detailed as you wanna go.

He sent pictures during the installation so that I could see how it was going and that was cool. He showed the old heater and then the new heater on the slab and the connections. He sent close-ups so I could see he tied everything in. Most people that he would send this to wouldn’t see things like the pipe dope on the gas connections and the care taken to plumb up to lawn’s level. But it’s a pretty clean install. I liked this experience so much better than I liked dealing with the Rainey guys on this thing where you call the shop and they get a service guy connected to you. Frank was a lean mean pool heating installation machine. He was awesome. If Jandy wants to sell more pool heaters, they need to put these guys at the top of their list of dealers.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Somebody stole my Pentair variable speed pump so I had to get a new one. I read the review on Jandy and that was one of the reasons I bought it. Plus I had so much invested in Jandy anyway. I thought the system would work better if I had a Jandy variable speed pump. Despite the communication table that came with the Pentair, it still didn't communicate well with the Jandy controller system. It was sort of makeshift. It was the bare minimum and if you wanted to adjust the speed, you would have to do it by hand.

I had a pool guy do the installation and I like the new heat pump that I have. It uses a surprisingly small amount of electricity. Even in comparing its rpm with my old Pentair pump's, the new one uses half the energy. The only thing I don’t like is that I can't set the rpm like I could for my Pentair pump. I guess it’s not really a smart pump. It does whatever it’s told but it can’t program itself or any other pieces of equipment. But I think you can run several other pumps and program it that way.

I recommended the Jandy pump to the pool guy and he recommended the salt cell because it was quite expensive. I didn’t wanna get anything overly complicated or expensive. I had a Goldline one where I had a panel and I could actually adjust the salt concentration and do a lot of programming. But I don’t really need that much control over the salt. So I got the basic one and it seems to work well. I was hoping though that because I had all Jandy equipment now, there might be more information conveyed with the salt cell but there really isn’t.

The only way to run it is to manually set how long you want it to run and then everything else is pretty automatic. My controls don’t tell me what’s going on, like whether it’s running or not. I have to go there and look at it manually to see what’s going on. I have the iAquaLink so I can do a lot of things with my phone remotely. But I can’t do anything in regard to the salt cell. Nonetheless, I’m real happy with that salt cell. The only thing is that there seems to be an issue with the controller inside my house and the iAquaLink. They don't communicate well. When I set things with the iAquaLink, it doesn’t get reflected very well on the controller inside my house. It would tell me that the pump is not running on the inside of my house even though I know it is. I can see it running on my iAquaLink or I can walk up to it.

Another thing is that there should be some one-touch settings, which is a nice feature. The house is a vacation rental and when left alone, the renters would push every button they can possibly find. They would keep pushing it until everything is completely screwed up. They do that then they would call me and ask me to fix it. Nonetheless, the Jandy products have made the pool maintenance easier especially with the iAquaLink because I live about two hours away. I can’t be there all the time to turn it on, program it or do whatever I need to do. The iAquaLink helps me do everything remotely.

Robert,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Jandy variable speed pump. We hope that you enjoy the convenience and energy savings for years to come. Thank you for your insightful feedback. We hear your concerns, and we will pass them along to our product development team. We value opinions such as yours and welcome any additional feedback you would like to share with us. Please feel free to email us with your comments at, feedback@zodiac.com. Thank you, Jandy Pro Series

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The buying experience with Jandy was fine and the big thing about the pump is that it’s quiet. I had Hayward and it was so loud that the guy next door said he would buy me a new pump if I just get rid of it. He went to Denmark and he’s gonna be surprised when he gets back.

Hello Donald,

We are happy to hear that you and your neighbor will enjoy the quiet operation of your new pump.

Happy Swimming!

Jandy

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

My pool pump died and I purchased the Jandy pump 101 medium HP FloPro. The professional installed it, and it was super easy. It has been performing exactly the way it should. It was not cheap, but the quality of the product is good.

Hello Ash,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Jandy

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I’m 100% satisfied with the pump that I got from Jandy. I had no problems when I purchased it and since I had it installed, its performance has been good. I like it. Ironically, we just had another one installed at my parent’s house yesterday. They’ve a home next to mine and they got the one horsepower.

Hello Michelle,

We are happy to hear that you and your family are enjoying the performance of your new pumps.

Swim On!

Jandy

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I bought a house and its pool is really old. I couldn’t even clean it. So, I had to hire a pool cleaning service and they said that the pump I got needed to be replaced. A couple of days after they said that, the thing pretty much crapped out. They recommended Jandy, and then they installed the pump that I have. It is working very well.

Hello AJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Jandy

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

The pool pump from Jandy is fine. One of our neighbors said, “Well, it used to be so damn loud," and then they said, “We can’t hear it now.” For 35 years, we had the same company servicing us. When we decided, we went to area pool stores and asked questions and asked for prices. Then we started calling pool companies who service pools. Ironically, the company that services our well originally got their start doing pools, and so they knew all about it. We were thinking of getting a different equipment, and they said, “No, you do not want to get that equipment here. You want to get this equipment,” suggesting Jandy Pro Series. They said that its warranty is so much better.

One of them called and asked me, “Now, is everything okay?” He wanted to make sure that we were happy and everything was fine. Our pool guy said, “Man, you can really tell you got a better pool pump on here than you’ve had for 10 years. One, there is not as many bugs on there. And two, your filter getting dirty quickly." Also, the jets were like blowing through a soda straw before. Now, we got the whole blender going. It is so warm and it is so strong that it makes my back feel better. We are really happy with our pool pump. I'm now trying to watch the electric bill because it is supposed to cut back on the electric, too. We have already recommended it.

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying the quiet operation of your new pump.

Jandy Pro Series expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.

• Versa Plumb® system: The Jandy Pro Series Versa Plumb system includes a pump, heater, filter, valves and salt system. It reduces hydraulic resistance and uses less horsepower, resulting in energy savings.

• Water sanitizers: Jandy offers several water sanitizers for your pool or hot tub, including the TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, Jandy Pro Series Ozone Generator, AquaPure® Salt Water Pool System and AquaPure® Ei™ saltwater sanitation system.

• AquaLink® Control Systems: Jandy Pro Series uses its exclusive AquaLink® control system to fully automate many pool and spa features including LED lighting, temperature maintenance, salt and chlorination and more. Users can also install the iAquaLink™ app to control these features from smartphones or tablets.

• Online videos: Jandy’s website offers a series of helpful videos about its products, including how to install and use various products and how to control your pool or hot tub’s automation.

• Online calculators: Jandy offers several equipment calculators on its website, so you can calculate potential costs and energy savings. The calculators include Pool Pump Savings, Pool Heater Cost, Pool Heater Sizing and Spa Heater Sizing.

• Online calculators: Jandy pool products are available through independent pool builders, pool product retailers and pool service professionals.

• Best for: those who need pool or hot tub parts and products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs