toll free

Vista, CA
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had the iAquaLink installed which is a control unit for my valves and turns my pool pump on and off. The old one went out and this was an upgrade that was recommended. Pinch a Penny had the best price on it and I went with them. We always want something less expensive but for what it does, the cost is reasonable. The unit is pretty much all set up and I don’t have to do anything or worry about anything. It’s set and forget so it makes it a positive experience. It's also expandable if I upgrade anything else in my pool.

I needed to replace my old Hayward single speed pool pump. I wasn't sure which direction I should go. I did my research and it appeared that Jandy, although maybe a little bit more expensive, it was worth it in the long run. I mean you get what you pay for right? I went with the FloPro Variable speed pump and WiFi IQPUMP01 controller. Instantly I was impressed with the phone app and wireless controller. I didn't have to get up to turn on water features! I also got a new cleaner and it reminds me of Wall-E from that Disney movie. It has wheels and climbs the pool walls and makes a jump back to the pool ground when it cleans to the top of the tile line! I was used to that big giant Manta ray thing that got stuck on everything. The customer service was awesome too! So glad I went with Jandy. Thanks guys and I can't wait to build another pool to see what other cool stuff I can get in there!

Resolution In Progress

Jandy Pro Series

Dear Liz, We are very sorry to learn about your experience. We will have a customer service representative contact you as soon as possible to find a solution to your pool pump challenges. Thank you! - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

When investing $1000 to have a new pump installed, I expect to get more than three years out of it. However, here we are with a dead motor. Even the pool service rep who inspected it said he was extremely disappointed in the way this pump stopped performing. NEVER AGAIN.

The Jandy Pro Series pump and heater were recommended by the pool company, and purchasing them was very easy and straightforward. They were installed by a professional and they've been performing perfectly since then. It's only been our first season with them, but the quality is good so far. They also made the pool enjoyable and easy to use so it’s been really good. It's been a smooth experience.

My experience with their filter system has been horrible! I have replaced every part of the filter in 5 years. The salt cell, the pump, the tank, and the heater is still not working after two attempts to fix it. Same error message each time, it works for half hour and then the same error message appears. Now the filter tank which was replaced a year or so ago is leaking again. They said a week for the warranty replacement and we are going on two weeks. Losing about two inches of water a day if I run the filter. Now the pool is green and has/will cost me more than had I just bought a new tank. I would NEVER buy a pool with a Jandy filter system again.

My pool service guy recommended a Jandy Pro Series variable speed pump. I emailed him and got a quote. I paid him the money and they installed it that following week so it was painless. The pump does what it’s supposed to do so I’m happy. I’ve only had one issue when the menu didn’t work right, but after it shut down and started back up, everything was fine and it’s never done it since.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your feedback for Jandy® Pro Series pool equipment. We're glad the equipment has been performing well in your pool overall. However, we're sorry the pump failed prematurely. Please feel free to contact us if you have any issues in the future at feedback@zodiac.com. Thanks again, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Jandy Pro Series was supposed to be the best and my wife purchased two pumps, the heater and the salt system from them. They were installed by a pool professional and everything was perfect with Jandy and their tech support. The contractors were also very knowledgeable and they’re very good at what they do. They told me how the equipment work and how to maintain them. The salt system makes the maintenance of the pool easier. However, the first pump went out in two years and when it came to do my second one six months ago, I was leaning to another company. But the pool place said that that can happen and talked me back into Jandy. I’m just not so happy because I had to buy two pumps. But the second pump is working fine so we'll see.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

My pool pump company purchased Jandy Pro on my behalf. It has a two-year warranty that's why I bought it. I got the pool pump, the whole thing and the pool professionals maintain it for me. The equipment's good since it was installed and I have no issues right now, but hopefully, Jandy Pro will stand by their warranty.

Jandy Pro Series

Thank you for sharing your opinion of Jandy products, Linda! We hope you continue to enjoy a perfect pool experience with your Jandy heat pump and filtration pump. If you'd like to learn more about the other Jandy product lineups, you can also visit www.jandy.com. Thanks again! Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

We changed to a new pool company and they recommended Jandy Pro Series. I purchased a heater pump and the guy ordered and installed it for us. Then I ordered a pump too. They've been working great so far. The heat pump heats the Jacuzzi really fast. We were used to an old heater and it took forever. We had to wait three hours to get anything warmed up, but that one warms the pool quick.

We just bought the house so there have been a couple of things that our pool service put in which includes a new heater and a new pump. Everything’s working fine. The pump from Jandy Pro Series was installed three months ago and it's doing what we wanted it to do.

We needed a pool heater so I just went online, looked around and tried to find somebody that was local that could also do the installing. I then found this guy from his listing, went to his small shop and bought the Jandy Pro Series pool heater from there. I chose Jandy after talking to the vendor and hearing some of his recommendations. It's more compact in size and it also has the feature where, if the heater is not on, it has a diverter plate that keeps the water from flowing into the heater.

It may be slightly more expensive than Raypak but it's competitive with all the other ones around. I was willing to pay a little more for the more updated electronics and the size. I just had it installed and it works great. As far as long term reliability and quality, that seems to be all right and only time will tell as to whether it's going to last or not. All in all, it was a pleasure dealing with the vendor and the installer.

The guy who was doing our pool stuff is good in our area and Jandy’s the one he uses, so I purchased Jandy automation panel from him and he put it all in. With the Jandy hooked up to our phones, we could do different stuff and we were able to do it when he showed the test run. It was super easy and it's pretty cool. He showed us how he usually does all the passwords, and if I'm confused, I text him and he'd help me. This automation panel has all the little automatic switches in my pool pump, for my spa, and the lights. It's like a little transponder that I put in my house that does all the on and off about it. We didn’t want to put it in the house on a keypad because we didn’t want the kids to touch it. It was really simple that my husband just went in there and was able to figure it out.

The quality is nice and it hasn't broken yet. Also I didn’t think it cost that much to put it in either. If we were more tech-savvy or outgoing, it would have more stuff that you can use with it. Honestly, I’m not very advanced and I don’t understand all that pool equipment stuff, but you go in there and it just says how long you want the pump to run and all the settings. It’s great and we like it. We just use it for our pool and to turn my spa on and off, but you can hook it up to your pool lighting and your stereo system. I can even hook it to my air conditioner in my house. It's easy, efficient and does what it's supposed to do. I've recommended it to friends.

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for sharing your feedback for Jandy and AquaLink equipment. We're sorry you've had some trouble with various aspects of the equipment.

Some things to note:

1. Our technical support department now utilizes a feature which allows our technicians to see what you see via live video sharing. Next time you call in, feel free to ask about the video sharing feature to allow you to better interface with our reps.

2. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about pump size since that is determined by your pool builder. If you'd like to explore other pump size options to discuss with your pool professional, including our energy efficient variable-speed pumps feel free to visit: www.jandy.com/en/products/pumps

3. Calcium build up is typically related to water chemistry or if you have a D.E. filter, you may be seeing excess D.E. debris. We recommend consulting your pool professional about this.

We hope these tips help! If you'd like us to contact you directly to offer assistance, please let us know. You can also email us directly at feedback@zodiac.com with any other questions you may have.

Thanks again!

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: July 29, 2017

Jandy Pro Series was recommended by the pool builder and he installed the whole pump system for us. But Jandy had to come out a couple of times because there were some issues. We also called the number on that electrical box because we were having trouble with the iAquaLink which the builder never provided the manual for. Jandy's reps were courteous but it was hard to understand without somebody there showing us what to do instead of just over the phone. We had to figure out everything ourselves so it took a while. Also, the pool pump is too small for our pool. It's only for a 40,000-gallon pool and we have 47,000-gallon pool. Every time I bring the pool water to get it tested, I'm always asked how big the pool is and what pump we have. We also get a lot of calcium coming out the jets that look like white sand. It has something to do with the system but we don’t know what it is so I contacted the pool builder.

Jandy Pro Series

Hi Roy, Thanks for trusting Jandy for your pool filtration needs! We're glad you are enjoying the energy efficiency and cost savings of the Jandy VS FloPro 1.0 hp pump. If there's anything you need in the future, we hope you will consider Jandy products and the Zodiac family of brands. To learn more about our product offerings, visit www.jandy.com. Thanks again! Jandy Pro Series

Original review: July 26, 2017

My pool service guy had recommended Jandy Pro Series and he said they were very reliable. Plus, from what I researched on the internet, they seem to have a good reputation for quality so that’s the reason I went with them. About two months ago, the service company installed the variable speed pump. It was one that was on a rebate with the SMUD Electrical here in Sacramento. I've been very pleased with the operation and I've had no troubles since it's been installed, so I'm very happy. It's also very quiet and very good on my electrical bill. I like it very much. The one I had before had been in there for 40 years, so it did a pretty good job. But Jandy looks like a pretty good quality pump and I hope that it's as reliable as they say it is.

The pool guy measured up the pool and how much water we had, then he recommended the Jandy Pro filter. He installed it and it's been performing perfectly. It is a lot better than the other one we had and it's a good product for a good price. We're satisfied with the quality and it doesn’t shed fiberglass when we brush up against it.

I purchased a Jandy pool pump. A guy from Blue Bay Services installed it and so far, it’s okay. The water’s clean. However, the pool is a very expensive thing for me. I’m paying close to $4000 a year to maintain it and I’m not very happy about it. Every time the pool guy comes for maintenance, it costs me a lot of money. He also added a lot of other things and sometimes he doesn’t give me a detailed breakdown of the bill.

Our pool guy recommended Jandy Pro Series. He pretty much maintains everything. We are not having problems and the quality of the products is fine.

We have all of our pool equipment from Jandy Pro. We had a contractor do the pool and he ordered everything. We have been taking care of the equipment and they've been running pretty well. But the zip lock net that catches all the leaves has to be replaced a little too often. Maybe they could make it a little bigger and stronger. Other than that, our Jandy Pro items are of good quality and I’m happy with it. Without them, we would do more than we would have. We would have leaves everywhere and the bottom would be a mess. It is reliable and it makes things effortless. They're critical and vital to the survival of our pool.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 28, 2017

The issue has been resolved very promptly and professionally at no cost for new equipment and installation.
Zodiac has outstanding customer service!

I am updating star rating to reflect my satisfaction with the replacement process.

I do hope I have better luck with new lights.

Jandy Pro Series

Hi Sergey, Thank you for the opportunity to assist you offline. We are glad we were able to help resolve this for you. If there is anything else you need, please do not hesitate to contact us at feedback@zodiac.com.

Original review: June 14, 2017

My Jandy Pro lights were installed by authorized dealer/builder in 2014. I really liked them in 2014 and that was the only season when I had good experience with those lights. Over past 3 seasons (year 2014, 2015, 2016), we had to repair the lights two times. The first it had a sync issue and then the second time it was the same sync issue and light had to be replaced. This, 2017 season, it started not syncing again and then one of the lights went off and now appears to be dead. Frankly, I would not expect this type of lack of reliability from $2 light bulb let alone from sophisticated $500 pool light. I am really disappointed and at this point not sure if I even should go ahead and repair this light or think about replacing the whole system. Obviously, I am not a very happy customer.

Jandy Pro Series

Thank you for sharing your story with others, Pierre! We're glad your Jandy equipment is performing well. We did make significant improvements to our heater line with the JXi, which performs reliably for most customers and also has a smaller footprint than the Legacy. We hope you will continue to choose Jandy for your pool maintenance needs. Thanks again! Jandy Pro Series

Original review: June 8, 2017

I got the Jandy Pro AquaPure, JXi pool heater, two stage pumps and a cartridge filter from Campbell Pools in Orleans, Ontario. I had a lot of issues with Campbell. Everything was the worst experience ever. The pool was crooked and leaking, then the pump was grounded and blew up my GFI breaker. Plus, the remote control took forever to load up. It kept burning up the batteries so Campbell replaced it. They did what they could after-sales, but as for the experience as a whole, I wouldn't recommend anybody installing an in-ground pool. I talked to a lot of my neighbors and they had the same experience with different installers.

As for Jandy, I haven't had any problems. I put the pool heater in myself and it's been doing well. However, I'm a lead technician so I'm getting a lot of calls on the Legacy product which is garbage. It keeps tripping and burning up wires. I overheard from suppliers that Legacy has been their biggest problem. I'm trying to replace them with the JXi but most suppliers don't wanna deal with Jandy anymore. Overall, Jandy has good products and prices. Their product is doing what it should be doing.

We purchased our new pool filter and variable speed pump from Contemporary Pools in Geysers Park. They had the Jandy Pro Series on display with other products and that was good so we knew what we were getting. It was also nice to have someone knowledgeable to walk us through to make sure that we're making an informed decision. It was actually the owner and that was very helpful. The price was what we expected to pay when we did our research online.

We've only had it for a year or for a season but we're quite happy with the product itself, so far. It has wifi capability, so we can control it even when we're not home, turn it off and back on, or program the pool filter so it's on at a certain time and off at another time. It's spectacular. It even saved us some money on our electric bill, which is what we were looking for because we had noticed that there was a spike in the summers when the pool filter and motor are on. Plus, we also received the rebate from our electric company for any variable speed pump because of the less cost of it and less utilization of electricity.

My husband was annoyed with our old pump but the maintenance for this pump is pretty easy. No frustrations at all. Pool maintenance is also a lot easier because the force of the pump is a lot higher than what we had previously. And so, the leaves and debris going into the primary and secondary skimmer makes the pool clean-up a lot easier. It is much cleaner and there is less expense on our part.

Our pool was built by Fountain Pools and they incorporated components from Jandy Pro Series like the pump, a filter and a salt system with the build. Those were part of the pool package that we bought. The heater was the only separate item we bought. So far, everything's been working very well and I like them. I'd recommend Jandy to anybody.

I bought Jandy Pro Series pool equipment. I have all of them but it would take another couple of weeks before the equipment goes in. They are not yet installed because there's still construction going on around the pool. But I'm happy with the quality because I did the remodeling process so I have some of the Jandy stuff which was installed by the pool guy and the construction guy before. I got the same plans.

I’ve been pleased with my Jandy products. The service representatives and the guy that installed it did an excellent job. I wish my heat pump wouldn't break and I didn’t have to replace it, but things break down. I would recommend Jandy.

I got a million dollar home from a builder and I've got this pool where all the equipment has been less than satisfactory. I had three Jandy pool lights that failed after two years and I had to replace two of those which cost me $1000. They have replaced the larger LED light with a lot smaller, better-sealed light. But the design of both initial LED lights was poor because they got water in them. These lights have a three-year warranty but the other one had a one-year warranty. I bought the lights from Pool Supply World online and had them shipped to me. And then, I had my pool guy come, thread and install them in the existing PVC pipe. I've got a Jandy controller over there so I wanted to tie those back to Jandy lights but it's a multi-color light.

Jandy is a good product but I have had terrible luck with these lights. The lights were about $700 and it cost me $300 to have them installed. My third one's started to flicker different colors. It's supposed to be either red, green, one solid color and now they're red with some green inside of them and it's got water inside of it. So, it's getting ready to fail and that's going to cost me another $500. These things should last longer than that. I also had a heater manifold and it hasn't been very reliable and they had to replace it. I'm very disappointed with them. I had Jandy equipment by the pool in Midland, Texas and didn't have as many problems with it. I also had a Jandy automatic chlorinator which failed after about two years. The bottom came apart on it but Jandy took care of that and replaced it on warranty.

We had a Jandy Pro Series valve installed and it was easy to find, the quality is good and it kept the pool maintenance easy. We sold the house this year and the valve was fine up until then.

I've installed Jandy Pro Series valve components for swimming pool valves and they have been performing perfectly. I got good cost online that were in line with the parts' quality. Everything lived up to my expectations so I'm happy.

Hi James,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad your Jandy equipment is working well for you overall, but we're sorry the warranty process was a bit frustrating for you.

We typically honor the warranty from the date of installation. However, registering the product in advance does help simplify the warranty process. We're sorry to hear this process was frustrating for you and will consider ways we can improve this process for you and others.

Have a great pool season!

Original review: May 7, 2017

My pool installer put in Jandy for my whole pool system but we had a warranty situation. This is probably not Jandy's fault but the pool company's fault. When I had a problem with the Jandy component, they said that I was supposed to register all these stuff with Jandy. How am I supposed to know that? If I buy a $70,000 pool and enclosure and I've got a problem with it, why should I have had to call Jandy to get a new chlorine generator? If the pool company puts in Jandy equipment, I assume that they stand by the warranty from the day it's installed, whether I call them up and go through all this rhythm and roll of registering things or not. That should not be my responsibility. I didn't even know Jandy yet at that point. Also, several of my neighbors have had the same thing. But other than, it's been very good and I've recommended them.

We purchased the filter from the Jandy Pro Series, from R.B. Knot Pools and Spas. I was recommended by the folks that used to install it. We assessed what was needed and necessary and had it installed. The interaction with them was good, as well as the quality of the filter.

The guy working on my pool recommended Jandy Pro Series to me. My experience with them is not the greatest, but it's not the worst, either. I got the automatic pool equipment control installed. It controls the lights, the Jacuzzi pump and everything about the pool. It works but it has problems and I use it less because of that. To turn it on, I have to turn the whole remote on and it takes a couple of minutes before it starts. Once it starts, I turn on something, then if I need to turn it off, I have to go back in there, turn the remote on and it takes about half a minute. To make an improvement, it shouldn't turn off on its own so quickly. They did that so the battery doesn't run out, but they should have something electrical on the wall so we don't have to worry about the battery so much.

I have Jandy – the activators, valves and so forth. They were functioning fine. But the control unit was a different make and they don't make it anymore. So I ended up going with Jandy. So far, I have no complaints. I worked with the son of the owner of the company and he was great. He's the one I talked to from the beginning until the end. He showed me exactly what needs to be done and the pricing. He was well-aware of the product, installed it himself and it's working. And I can use my iPad or iPhone to monitor or schedule or turn off or on the pool lights, the pumps, etcetera.

I had some worn-out parts on the pool sweep from Jandy Pro. I purchased replacement parts online and installed them myself. It was relatively easy as it has good instructions. The quality and the cost are in line with what my expectations are. Once I replaced the parts, it improved the effectiveness of the pool sweep. I'd recommend it and I'd use them again as well.

Jandy Pro Series Company Profile