Call toll free
4.55/5
Based on 177 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vista, CA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jandy's premium, professional-­grade pool and spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators, and the award-winning automation solutions to control it all. Jandy's focus is on enabling the perfect pool environment so pool owners can spend time enjoying their pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. Jandy's commitment is to provide quality products and superior support to all their customers.

Jandy Pro Series Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

274 Jandy Pro Series Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Our pool maintenance guy for years explained to me that he had a quality product from Jandy Pro at a valuable price versus some of the other brand names out there that we all know. I trust him so I agreed with him and went with it. He installed the equipment with ease and it’s been working fine. I find the motor to be quite silent and smooth-running. All the plastic casing and plastic parts seemed to have been innovations over the last year over the old metal and steel. There are no issues so far, which is good. I have a quality product at a fair price, which is always appreciated in this day and age.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Mark, We appreciate your honest sentiments and willingness to share your story with others. Thanks for choosing Jandy! - Jandy Pro Series

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

A pool professional recommended Jandy. The product has been working fine since the installation. We had an issue with the original one that was put in, which was the same one. It lasted for two years only.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The previous pool pump I had burnt out, and Jandy Pro was recommended by my pool guy. It's better because it's a variable speed one, and I didn't have that before. It's also a little more economical with the electric. So far, the quality of the product is all right and I'm pleased with what it's doing for me. I would recommend Jandy Pro.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Kelli, Thank you for the kind review! We hope you enjoy your new Jandy variable-speed pump. Swim on, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I had to replace my equipment and through recommendations, I bought the Jandy equipment. I recently purchased a variable speed pump, filters and a couple other different pool products. I initially had those installed and then, I made some modifications with some re-plumbing and re-piping. I’m very happy with all the choices of the pool pump, the optional controller, and the filter and the recommended WiFi controller option has been extremely helpful. Also, I'm impressed as a first time pool owner. It’s easy for a first time owner because of all the online support available and it was helpful for me to register my equipment with Jandy.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The FloPro Speed Pump from Jandy has been running flawlessly. The one kind of beef that I had after I bought it was I couldn’t put my booster pump up to it. I would’ve had to get a more expensive model to be able to tap in the power to the pump and have the primary pump tied to the booster pump. I gotta be careful because if the Jandy pump turns off when the booster pump’s on, then the booster pump can fry out. There’s no auxiliary output power on this model. So, my recommendation to Jandy would be to provide that auxiliary output power to a booster pump from the main pump, in lower-level models. That would be cool.

The only other complaint that I have is when I empty and clean the collection basket in the pump every now and then. Because of the plastic grooves that are on the inside of the basket, the stuff gets stuck in there and I can’t just use my hand to pull the stuff out. I gotta scrub it with a brush to get it out of there. And it was way easier around my old basket that I had in there to clean it than it was this one. But the quality of the pump is great and I love it.

I’m gonna try to save my electric bills from this year. And as far as the pool and how I was keeping it, the fact that I can leave it running on this lower speed at night and then have it run a little faster during the day, the pool’s been fantastic all summer long. The fact that we also had the rebate from our electric company made the cost very similar to a cost of a more standard pump. So, the cost wasn’t all that bad, as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The pool builder recommended Jandy Pro to me. The FloPro pump is fine, although it uses more electricity than I thought it would. The spa heater is good too, but the thermostat seems to always go higher than I set it at. If I set it at 104, it may go up to 107. But it does heat up within about 30 minutes. So, once the heat starts, I don’t have any problem with it. It just doesn’t maintain the heat at the thermostat where I set it at. But aside from that, the quality of the products seems fine.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I've been using Jandy Pro's product now for about two months. It came with the pool when I purchased it. It has been great but it’s unfortunate that some people that install these products do not tell you anything about them. A professional pool company installed a variable speed pump. It has the salt system and the wireless modem. If somebody had gone over and gave me proper end services, it would have made the process a lot easier and a lot nicer.

If you don't get the modem system correct on how to schedule things, you'll never get your service out of your pump, because you can set the variable speed motor at whatever speed you want. And if you don't get that adjustment correct, it throws off your salt generator and cleanliness of your pool and the filtration. It's so intricately involved with each other, that you have to get a nice mix of all the systems together to make it work right. It took me probably three weeks to get it all figured out and how it all worked together. I would not recommend Jandy unless they had a service provider that was gonna handle all the explanation on how things function and how they interface with each other. But that was my only disappointment and the equipment itself works great.

It's doing a great job, but I would not buy the same equipment. I would use the salt generator but I would not go with their variable speed pump. I had a pool for 20 years and it was the old system, just a regular straight C pump and commercial timer. I never had a bit of trouble with it. If anything ever happens with this equipment, I will be the first one to go back to the old-fashioned commercial manual timer system with a straight motor and let it go with that. It's very easy to work with and makes life a lot easier. Also, the wireless timer they mounted on the wall is like $85 and I can buy a commercial manual timer for the same price. And I can do what I want with it without having to rely on my iPhone or my iPad.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

First, my pool is four years old and technically out of warranty. But I need to go back in history as to the original installation. My pool was designed for a seven station, digitally controlled vacuum "Caretaker" system. Within mere days, the electronics failed. The Jandy representative made three replacements, all failing in a matter of days. It seems outside temperature was frying the electronics. I was told that was not an issue, yet also know that it is a problem with the system and there have been very similar complaints in several areas, for example in Phoenix as reported by a pool service provider professional technician.

Finally, the Jandy representative related that they could combine some stations, downgrading to a five station system, and install a completely mechanical driven controller. He assured me that the downgrade would work just as well in terms of vacuuming the bottom of the pool. Not only has that system not cleaned (pitifully), but itself has been replaced with a "repair" kit numerous times. I accept the wear and tear issues of any machinery, but DO NOT accept a flawed system that simply does not work as intended. Instead of denying the problem, Jandy should fix the problem and that begins with electronics that are properly temperature compensated, or alternatively provide the means to protect the system. On a final note, the local Jandy representative has been non responsive, even arrogant. The issue has been and remains ongoing with no attempt to resolve by Jandy.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear David, We're sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. We are investigating your history with Caretaker customer support and will see what we can do to get this resolved. Thank you, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My purchase experience from Jandy was fine. They were able to get 100% of what I needed because I ended up having to swap more equipment out later after the pump was installed. The local store, Palm Tree Pools in Oviedo, Florida, has Jandy reps. They installed my pump and filter. I was going from Hayward to Jandy, so I had some compatibility issues that they've attempted to address. There were some ancillary stuff that I had to do. I have an automated pool system using a Hayward OmniLogic, which allows me to control my stuff. So, one of their variable speed pumps wasn't gonna function with my system, so I had to buy just a single-speed pump to be able to control it.

And then, I had to have a Hayward tech come out, and do a little tweaking on the OmniLogic system because the pump was shutting off. So, there was some control issues that needed to be taken care of. Also, my filter was a Hayward DE and we ended up having to replace that shortly after because for the first week, the pump wouldn't stay running. We ended up pulling the filter off and putting a Jandy cartridge-type filter. I had to get a new vacuum, new pump, and new filter for my system, in order for everything to really work fine and to this point, everything's been working fine. I like the quality of Jandy's products. I had a good experience and I would recommend Jandy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We had an old pool that never had a heater and a pool professional recommended Jandy Pro. All I do is turn it on and off and he maintains it. With the equipment I could use the pool earlier in the season and hopefully later in the season when it cools down. Everything's great.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We have previously lived in a place with a saltwater pool and when we bought this place, it had a chlorine pool. So, we wanted to have a saltwater pool, so there was no question about getting a saltwater chlorinator. Before, we had a Zodiac Clearwater. It was great, but they don’t make those anymore. So then, Jandy Pro was the next one that was the most similar. Our saltwater chlorinator is running fine. The persons who installed it were quite knowledgeable about the product and got it all set up quickly. It was a retrofit, so they put it into the existing pool that we were working where we have a chlorine pool to a saltwater system. The chlorine levels are as expected the way they should be that requires little or no maintenance or attention. I maintain it, and the only maintenance so far that we’ve required is just changing the chlorine level that is boosting the percentage. The product's quality is right on the money.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I had a professional install my Jandy Pro Series and I’m a little bit disappointed that he didn’t come back and go over everything with us. I don’t know when I’m supposed to be adding salt. I like to talk with customer service and see if we can get someone out there. I wanna make sure that we do everything correctly but so far, I’ve been doing the maintenance myself and I’m satisfied with the product.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We resurfaced our pool and we added the salt water system which was with Jandy. The only thing that was really confusing to me was how much salt to add because if you looked at the tables, I was about ready to put 500 pounds of salt in the pool and people were saying to not do that because then I'm gonna add too much and that was the tricky part. I added the first five bags and then I added another four bags, two bags at a time on two other day until it gets me to where I needed to be as far as the salt in the system.

Nonetheless, my husband was able to set it perfectly. However, Jandy is not testing our water for free for anything. They’re trying to sell me something so everytime I came, it was like a different reading and that’s just maybe salt but for something else they would say that we need to add this and that and I would say, “Well, I just put that in," so wasn’t really too happy about it. My husband was thinking that maybe they are like not adding enough rocks and all of it or adding too much rock to make us buy more products.

There is one other thing too. When I went to go register the product, it was to find the serial number on it. I always try to take a picture of the boxes with the serial number on the box and that wasn’t it. That was for the box on the wall. It wasn’t for the part of the actual product itself and it doesn’t tell you anywhere where to find it on the equipment when you’re going through the directions. Nonetheless, the pool professional gave a choice of Jandy or Hayward and there were two reasons why we chose Jandy. One was the price and although Hayward's menu is a little bit easier to go through Jandy is easier to clean.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I was replacing my pump when I purchased from Jandy Pro. The pool professional recommended it to me, and the installation was made by a professional, too. They maintain it as well. Since we had it, it has been fine, and I'd recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Jandy was referred to me by other people who had their products. I had a new pool built and I had my contractor install a Jandy Pro then. Since installation, I haven't had any problems with it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I had a pool installed and the contractor installed Truclear. It's the saltwater chlorinator from the Jandy Pro Series and it's been fine so far.

Original review: July 31, 2018

A professional recommended Jandy Pro to me, and the installation was made by a professional too. The performance of the heater, as well as its cost, have both been fine. I'm satisfied.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I contracted with a company to build a pool for me and they took care of purchasing the parts for the whole pump equipment to filter the pool from Jandy. At this point, the pumps work as expected and I don't have any complaints about them. But they're a little loud and if Jandy could figure out a way to make them a little quieter, that would be beneficial.

Original review: July 29, 2018

We have a pool business. We have some customers that have products like Hayward and Pentair, so we give them the option, but we definitely try to recommend Jandy. The Variable Speed is something that we highly recommend because it lasts longer. It’s better quality and it also is cost-effective over the long term. The better unit, the less power. The total experience is really good because it’s a smoother running pump. I also have one of their catalog books, so that always helps. If I have an issue with any of our products, we call and we troubleshoot. Their tech support is great. The warranty system and how they do that are awesome. Also, how I put in my rebate is great. Keep up the good work with the product quality. It’s fantastic.

Resolution response: Aug. 8, 2018

I recently filed a complaint regarding my Pro Series lights as well as the Jandy Care Taker system. I was immediately contacted by "Ray" at Zodiac lights. He listened and understood my issue. He has replaced the lights and the call was entirely gracious. Ray exhibited the epitome of "customer service". I am upgrading my rating from 1, to 5 as far as the lights are concerned. However, I am going to register the Care Taker complaint again, with more detail as I've not have a word from the Care Taker division.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have a four year old pool so my issues go beyond “warranty”. My pool has three very expensive pro series lights, one of which has failed and two are failing. These high dollar lights are designed for thousands of hours and have worked only a few hundred. My initial caretaker system was a seven station digital unit that could not withstand the outside temperature. Jandy downgraded to a mechanical five station system that is less than pathetic. Worse the Jandy rep has been arrogant and nonresponsive. Granted warranty is warranty but I feel I’ve spent high dollars on equipment proving to me little more than junk.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I bought a lot of equipment from Jandy last year. I got the AquaLink, and I got the new pump with the two-speed motor. And then I had a problem with the motor this year. It burnt out. And Jandy gave me some references. The customer service reps were really nice. They got me the information and they helped me get a tech out here as soon as they could. The tech came out and he was good. The pool pump is under warranty, and he got it working properly. I also did some extra stuff this year like adding Jandy automatic valves, and it's working really good now.

Jandy's products have good quality overall. I'm a little concerned that it was only a three-year warranty. And in one year, my motor burnt out. I got two years left on the warranty then I'm off. But my overall experience with Jandy has been good. I would tell others to check the warranty before they purchase and try to get five years, if not longer.

Jandy Pro Series response

Anthony, Thanks for your comments! Our promise to our customers is to maintain the highest quality standards. Each of our products is tested in pool environments, inspected, and quality-assured for reliability and durability. We want you to have 100% confidence in your Jandy pump. Please know, your experience is of the utmost importance to us. If you need anything in the future, we stand by our products and by you! We're listening at feedback@zodiac.com. - Jandy Pro Series

Original review: July 25, 2018

The guy who does my pool recommended Jandy Pro. I purchased the equipment online and he installed it. Now, the water is continuing to move. My experience has been a piece of cake.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Jandy was recommended to us by our pool person. Since the installation of our pool and spa heater, it's been working fine. However, we might have a small issue as it seems that our pump is sucking a lot more air. We noticed the problem soon after he put the unit in for us.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I went to my pool supplier that I usually buy my pool supplies from. They told me that I may need a new pump soon and recommended a Jandy pump. It was on sale at the time and I decided to but it. My old pump was almost 10 years old and the timing of getting the new one couldn't have worked any better because the old one ended up going on me on a Sunday afternoon. And it just so happened that I purchased a pump a day before. So, it worked out well. I installed the new pump and had no problems. Everything has been fine since then.

But I later learned about the variable speed pump and I wish I wasn't told about it because I would have preferred to install that than the normal Jandy pump that I got. I should have been told that there was a different pump out there available for me other than this one that I purchased. I wasn't given any other options at the time I purchased it. Other than that, I'm familiar with the Jandy product. I know they've been around for a long time, so their product is easily a good quality product. I also feel comfortable with what I have and I'd recommend them.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 22, 2018

The purchase that I made was a replacement for a failed pump that was previously installed. Based on the previous failure of the pump, quality is not that high given that this was a replacement for that. But it was a one-for-one swap out so I couldn't complain with the ease of installation of the new one. With the pump previously being down, Jandy needed some time to get the pool back to normal. But since then, it's working again as expected and doing what it should be.

I was the second owner of the original pump that failed, so it was still within a warranty period but Jandy would not warranty it because I was not the original owner. So I was highly disappointed in that. Upon purchasing the new replacement pump and getting that installed, I gave Jandy a feedback directly that my experience was pretty poor and I was gravely displeased with having to buy my own pump and it being still within the warranty period. Once they received that feedback, they were happy to replace it for me. But because I had already purchased my own pump, there was nothing they could do at that point.

However, they went ahead and offered me a robotic pool cleaner which I accepted. It was a nice little bonus and perk but still, the hassle with the warranty and them front-ending it was a big issue for me. Overall Jandy has decent products and good equipment. They wanna do right but you need to go through the right channel to get what you need if you're not satisfied.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We had pool service and they said we needed a cartridge filter, and they purchased one from Jandy. The quality is okay and it’s functioning fine.

Jandy Pro Series response

Hi Bill, Thanks for your Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter review. We hope this filter proves to be a reliable addition to your pool pad for many years. Enjoy, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: July 20, 2018 My pool pump died and I contacted my pool guy. I was on vacation at the time he put the pump in. It’s hooked up to my salt system and I have yet to figure out how that is telling the salt system when to come on and when to come off. I reached out to Jandy through their website and they have been great with sending me information and documentation, but I have since then left that pool company for other reasons, so I’m still struggling with understanding how it all works together.

Jandy Pro provided me with two service people, one of whom, I actually used years ago with a different salt system. However, I just bought the pump, so I’m not really in the mood to spend money on a service call right now. When I feel like paying for a service call, I will have him come out and show us how it all works.

Jandy Pro Series response

Dear Sandra, Thank you for telling your story. We hope you gain the confidence you need to operate your pool equipment. You might find some of the resources available on our website www.jandy.com useful. Ultimately, we hope you find a pool pro that can assist you with maintenance and setup. We're here if you need anything! Just contact (800) 822-7933 or feedback@zodiac.com. Best, Jandy Pro Series

Original review: July 19, 2018

I used one of Jandy's approved companies when it came to upgrading my equipment. I bought a new LXi heater 400k BTU, the one with the nickel Cupro heat exchanger, I got a new blower, a whole AquaLink system and some nicheless lights to go into my pool wall. I give all the hard equipment high marks. Everything has been working fine and I'm very pleased overall.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I moved from Long Island to Georgia and it's hot down here. I also bought a house and I wanted a pool. So I got one and I purchased everything from Jandy like the CV 340 Cartridge filter, the pump, and the heater. I also got the Polaris, the little robot that goes around the pool, from them. I have the whole AquaLink system, too, and I love that old kinda wireless control system. I have Jandy's LED lights that change colors as well. But I've been in the lighting industry for 30 years and the quality of these lights needs a lot to be desired. Other than that, the products I got from them are great. I like the equipment and they're very well-made. I've been happy with them so far.

Also, ever since they were installed, I put water in the pool on June 6th and everything was doing fine for the first two weeks. Then the motor burned down on the pump. The installer was here last week and I only have a temporary used motor in place. It's a month ago already since the motor was gone and I'm trying to work with the installer to get the right capacity pump back in place because the one they put in place right now is too small. It's a 40,000 gallon pool and the pump that was in place and purchased for this was about a 2.7 horsepower, AC Variable speed motor. And right now, we just have a 1.5 horsepower motor pumping there.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I got my Jandy TrueClear Salt Water Chlorinator from a local pool place around here, and it was the first Jandy that I bought. I did the installation myself and there was no problem at all. And since it was installed, it seems to be doing well. I've got a 30,000-gallon pool and my chlorination is good. I'll recommend Jandy all the way. Jandy had a good price line, and it had a good recommendation for us. Apparently, the customer service is really good, where the others have started to kinda decline. I'd tell my friends to get Jandy as well.

Jandy Pro Series expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.

• Versa Plumb® system: The Jandy Pro Series Versa Plumb system includes a pump, heater, filter, valves and salt system. It reduces hydraulic resistance and uses less horsepower, resulting in energy savings.

• Water sanitizers: Jandy offers several water sanitizers for your pool or hot tub, including the TruClear™ Saltwater Chlorinator, Jandy Pro Series Ozone Generator, AquaPure® Salt Water Pool System and AquaPure® Ei™ saltwater sanitation system.

• AquaLink® Control Systems: Jandy Pro Series uses its exclusive AquaLink® control system to fully automate many pool and spa features including LED lighting, temperature maintenance, salt and chlorination and more. Users can also install the iAquaLink™ app to control these features from smartphones or tablets.

• Online videos: Jandy’s website offers a series of helpful videos about its products, including how to install and use various products and how to control your pool or hot tub’s automation.

• Online calculators: Jandy offers several equipment calculators on its website, so you can calculate potential costs and energy savings. The calculators include Pool Pump Savings, Pool Heater Cost, Pool Heater Sizing and Spa Heater Sizing.

• Online calculators: Jandy pool products are available through independent pool builders, pool product retailers and pool service professionals.

• Best for: those who need pool or hot tub parts and products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

92081
Fax:
www.jandypoolproducts.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business