toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like to shop in Namco because their products are good, they warranty their items, and they treat their customers well. I got an above ground pool and they're going to deliver it in May. When I went in their store, there's always somebody there who can help me find what I'm interested to buy and they also tell me which product is better. They helped me in everything.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Alice,

Please rest easy knowing you're in good hands at Namco. We will reach out to your installation company and have them contact you.

You can always shop with us online at namcopool.com if the Colonie store is too far for you!

Original review: March 21, 2017

We’re at our third pool from Namco. We have a signed contract and it’s paid for but we haven’t heard anything for the installation. In the past, we put up our own pool. This is gonna be our first experience of having them put it up. We’re a little nervous but we’ll wait and see how it goes. The only disappointment I had was that Namco closed their Latham store and it was actually a bit further out for us to go because we’re not from that area. They changed location, and the store that we went to for the third pool was almost like an empty room. There were just four or five pool setups and two people that was there were not getting their pools going and busy.

But at the Latham store, their shelves were full and ready to go for summer and there were people that were getting things going and working towards their spring line. We used to go there to buy our supplies, and now we won’t because it was not feasible to drive three hours to pick up chlorine and have our water checked. Other than that, we’ve never had a bad experience with Namco and I’m very pleased with the product.

We bought an above ground pool and deck from Namco. The other place got a great product but it has an outrageous price. I compared prices and there was a big difference so the pricing of Namco was good. And Namco had one product that was on layaway and then we realized that the pool was actually gonna be too big for the yard. It would've been a really good deal though.

Namco had a catchy place. We ended up purchasing the same day. I liked the way their rep was talking to me. I felt comfortable. I don't like to feel pressured when I'm purchasing something, she was really good and flexible too. I was told that we might have a problem because we have a marshland behind the house and the ground tends to be wet. So the pool that she was gonna sell us was an all steel one. And I was more worried about problems with rusting. I told her, "Then I'm gonna go with the newer style with all aluminum." And she was like, "Oh, yeah. That's why I reserved both of them. I just figured that way you can talk to the town and figure out which best gonna work for you."

I also told her that the building inspector in our town is really tough and I was surprised when I went over everything with him. The only thing he was really stringent on was staying away from the property line and keeping the pool close to the house because of the wetlands. When I told her about that, she was like, "Well, I want you to get all the information you need and then I'll hold these pools." That's why I told my wife, "I thought it was one of those things that will give you sleepless nights, but it wasn't at all." She was really good to deal with. But this other guy, he called us afterwards, and he was like almost mad. Like, he spent the time with us and we weren't buying the floor. I hate that.

The pools have come a long way since I bought one for my father years ago and that was just basically a pool. There are so much choices I have to pick from with the filtration systems and the way they're built. They do a lot more nowadays and it was very good. They haven't installed anything yet but I hope that the experience of buying it is the same as installation and everything else.

At that time, my kids wanted a pool and it was close to the summer. We recently moved to this house and it has a really big yard. We have space for the pool and so we used Namco Pools & Patios. It was a recommendation from some friends. And from my understanding, they do everything and come to the house. We asked them about that when we went to buy.

When I called and made an appointment with the installation company, they told me that I have to go to the city and do things. If they told me about that, I wouldn’t have paid the installation, and they just made it hard for me. I really have no time. I work, I have kids, and my husband works as well. Then just for that form, they were charging almost $1,000 or a little bit more on top. So it's not cheap and they should've at least told me. I told them that I would think about it and see what I can do. Because I'm not the type of person that’s gonna be running in all offices. They close like 4:00 or 5:00 and I don’t get out of work until 6:00. My husband is a truck driver so we had no schedule. It was just horrible.

So then I have to go to another company and canceled the installation with them. By then I want to return the whole system. We don’t have everything set up yet and the materials are still in the boxes because I wasn’t able to get all the papers that they asked me to do. They said that if I return, they will give me 50%. That’s their policy and that’s how they work. For me, it doesn’t make sense. There's always a return policy with anything that one buys. So I'm losing all that money and that's crazy. Then they told me that I can sell that to someone else.

We went to another place but it was a little bit more expensive. Now I know why. That company would do everything. All I have to worry about is just be home. I don’t mind paying a couple more hundred. I wanna be just nice and comfortable sitting in the pool. We were really disappointed. I was very dissatisfied and will not recommend them.

Customer service was excellent!!! Jillian was professional and so very helpful. She is very knowledgeable. She is a great asset to Namco!!! I would highly recommend her. Thanks Jillian!!! She gave us a great deal on our pool!!! She knows everything about chemicals, parts, etc.

I have been going to the Namco Pools & Patios store on the corner from where I work for years and their people were nice. We got a hot tub and a couple of artificial trees. We have also been getting pool supplies from them and the lady that works there has been wonderful every time I go in. She remembers my name.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

When our 13 year old NAMCO pool began to show signs of rust, we decided to purchase a replacement. We purchased a new model that had an aluminum side wall where the skimmer is located. We put the pool up in May and were able to enjoy the pool for one summer. We winterized the pool in the fall (as we have for the last 13 years), and this February we noticed that the aluminum wall has developed several splits in it and has collapsed. I called the company for a replacement since this pool isn't even a year old, and was told that they will not provide any warranty service since it was weather related.

We have had a fairly mild winter, far less snow and ice as in previous winters, and our last pool never had any issues. For a pool that is less than a year old to collapse like this is unacceptable. I also find it interesting that there are no negative reviews on their website. I recently posted a similar review to this, and it does not appear on their site. That, to me, is misrepresentation. We will never do business with or recommend NAMCO in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had pool supplies and purchased a pool last year from Namco. Namco is fine but the vendor that installed it wasn't the best. They weren't very professional at all and were complaining about the job.

I purchased a pool from Namco twenty years ago. Purchased all pool supplies including chemicals also from Namco over the years. On 5/11/16 I purchased a new 15 X 26 oval above ground pool and had it installed on 6/15/16 by Namco's Sub Contractor named Stephen **, SJ Pools. Had water delivered and paid $700.00. Within a month we had seven sink holes. I called Stephen and he came up to look at it and said the only way to fix it would be to drain the water and redo the liner. I wasn't happy with the idea of draining the water since we paid for delivery and would have to pay again for delivery. He said he would put in a claim to Namco for reimbursement of the $700.00 we would have to pay again for the water delivery.

After they came to redo the pool and water was delivered we gave Stephen the receipt. Stephen tried to get the reimbursement and I tried also. I was told to speak with James ** and given his business phone number. I called everyday for 4-5 weeks Monday thru Friday leaving James numerous messages. I even left messages to other employees at Namco's, never received a callback. All I am asking for is my $700.00 to be reimbursed back to me. To be clear, I am not blaming Stephen for anything. He did good work.

I went online, looked at different websites and did some comparisons. Though the prices were comparable, I went with Namco since I’d like to keep my business local. I’ve been going to them for years now to get tools and supplies for my pool, which is another reason why I went with them for purchase. The staff there is great. The lady was so cordial and willing to work with me, and got me the best price. I put on layaway a 12-foot swimming pool. I have an existing 20-foot and it is so big that the back side of it is just collapsing. My friend recommended Namco to me and I would also recommend them to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a pool from Namco Pools & Patios 15 years ago and we just purchased another pool from them. The rep was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We did not run into any problems and although the pool will still be installed later on, the experience so far has been easy and pleasant.

I worked with Kristin at the Manchester Namco to purchase a new pool to replace the pool I had originally purchased previously years before. My pool was damaged by a tree limb and I was looking to purchase a new one. She was extremely helpful and friendly to answer all my questions and accommodate me in the purchase of a new pool. She went above and beyond when I asked many questions and she had answers for me. I really appreciate having someone so helpful during a time when I was not expecting to be purchasing a pool, however, due to the circumstances I was in I feel she really was a great assistance to me.

We had no plans to buy from Namco. But Gianna was so great, we ended up purchasing a pool. She had a ton of information, and quickly answered my many questions. If this level of service continues as the pool is delivered and after, then it will have been a very good decision.

My wife and I saw the commercials for the July 4th sale and literally took the plunge to get a new pool! Neither of us have ever owned a pool before, so we were complete novices. We couldn't be happier with the service from Namco and especially Jillian, who walked us through the whole process!

Your assistant store (Sofia) is a real asset to your company. I'm a regular customer and I'm in the store every week and she has gone overboard to always help me. Employees like Sofia are hard to come by and it would be in your best interests to keep her.

Customer service regarding the purchase was great. However, after that I was completely on my own in terms of understanding how the filter, pump everything worked. Thank god for google and YouTube. More than happy to sell me whatever chemicals/add-ons, but very little available support to understand what you need to do the first time you have a pool. And the installation company were ill equipped and prepared for the job. Otherwise, we love the pool.

I would like to say that Jillian at the Peabody Namco is wonderful! She is so knowledgeable of all of the products in her store. This year we had to purchase a new pump and filter for our 15' round, above ground pool. She helped us out so much in buying the right one. Jillian is a people person and has a nice way about her. We love the Peabody Namco because of Jillian.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've gone to Namco for years for pool chemicals since they're mostly convenient and 10 minutes away from our home. We usually get pool closing chemicals, chlorine, and stabilizers we use to maintain the pool. We check the prices of everything. The gentleman who work in there was alone I felt bad for him, but he’s very helpful and knowledgeable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a huge family and we always have children over here, and the pool we have doesn’t really suit our need. So we looked for a pool and Namco was cheaper so we bought a pool from them. It came with a pump, a vacuum etc. Our purchasing experience was good. The rep that worked with us was really great. He was informative. When we had hesitations on buying because of the price, he said he would text me if a better sale came along. And when one did, he did contact us and that’s when we purchased our pool. We did not have it installed yet. They’re holding it until the spring, since it was the end of the summer.

We purchased a pool on 9/5/2016. Our sales associate was knowledgeable about all the pools and pumps. Our experience was good from beginning to end. We felt we got the best price. We would recommend our friend & family to shop at Namco. (Ask for Jillian.)

We liked that Namco was local. We didn't end up getting the pool at the end, however, because we found out that there's a lot of other added cost that we had to do that was outside of our budget for the present time. So what we told them is that we will contact them again around springtime to see if we can finish what we started. The team was professional, kind, very informative, and explained everything to us. Plus, Robert, the salesperson we dealt with, was extremely professional. But then we had to do our own research. As an example, the electrician said the cost could be a range from $300 to $1,000, so we had to contact our own electrician just to get an idea of what the cost was. But, Namco gave us the groundwork of where to begin at. They were great, and I would do the buying at Namco again.

I've been with Namco for a couple of years now and had a great and very productive experience with them. They offered more products than other suppliers and their sales and installation teams are perfect. The manager at the Peabody store went above and beyond to help us. She educated me and did a great job. I got a pool, chemicals, and a filter and when it broke, I got a new part.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend bought a pool and he kept telling me to go over there and see the pool. Then I said that I wanted to buy one this year, so I bought the pool from Namco Pools. This is my first pool and it's beautiful. Their reps answered me very good, explained everything. It's amazing. They say "call me anytime," and I'm happy. The installer David was a perfect guy, too. I can't complain about the whole service, very nice guys. They have a very, very good team.

I have been a loyal Namco customer for over 25 years! In August of 2012 I purchased my second pool from Namco (the first pool from Namco lasted 21 years) an end of the year special - the pool was delivered in placed inside for the winter and professionally installed in April of 2013! After just 3 years of use (2013, 2014 and 2015) when I opened the pool May of 2016 all 18 top rails are showing rust and pieces of metal are falling into the pool! I contacted customer service and have done everything they have asked (photos, name of installer)! Namco offered me replacement rails for the pool! I am trying to ensure that this problem does not happen again so when I asked to customer service rep she immediately stopped helping and directed me to the manufacturer!

The manufacturer recommended resin rails however I would have to restart the warranty claim (photos etc). I asked Namco if they could get me the resin rails. Namco's rep rudely told me there was nothing she could do! I asked to talk to her superior and she refused to connect me to any supervisor - all of her communications (e-mails and phone conversations) have been rude, abrupt and not in a timely fashion! I am totally dissatisfied with Namco and their customer service department in particular the unprofessional person I have been dealing with! I want the pool repaired and only then will I consider to continue doing business with Namco!

The other places I talked to seemed high-priced and I didn’t like what I was hearing from them. Then, a friend of mine told me that his father went with Namco in Peabody. I went up there and struck gold. The store manager was very sweet and intelligent when it comes to their products. Every question that I had, which deterred me from a couple of the other places, she hits right on spot. She also told me that I didn’t need to buy a lot or worry about a lot of other things. I was going to buy a bigger pool, and she told me I wouldn’t be able to fit it. And she was right, because when the installer came out to measure, he said that I would be fine with the 15-foot pool.

I’ve been to Namco several times since then. I bought all my cleaning products, chemicals, toys and floats, and bathroom cleaners from there. Another deciding factor was the price. I bought a lot of stuff on sale. I got a better deal from them from top to bottom. I had to call the store manager back four times for different small things, and even if she couldn’t take the call right then, she got back to me in a timely manner.

The installer came out first and measured because I wasn’t aware of the size. They were there two days after I bought the pool and installed it. He came back on his own time the next day to make sure there were no wrinkles in the liner and nothing was leaking. I had to call him one time because I had a question about a pump and he swung by on his way home and walked me through it. I also told a couple of my neighbors about Namco because they liked the pool. I hear all kinds of stories about how hard it is to get a pool up and running, and that in the end, it turns out to be a mess. But it’s the opposite. They did a good job and I was very satisfied.

I came in to the Namco store #00005 on Sat 7/30. I thought I needed a new pump/motor. The manager of the store, James ** helped me with the purchase of the new pump. I needed a pump right away, so I was disappointed to learn that the store did not have any in stock. I ordered a pump, he honored the online price that was less than in-store, and then added a coupon. Then he went above and beyond and set up a used pump to lend me until my new one came in. This was all while helping other customers on this busy day. His excellent customer service did not end there. The pump we borrowed did not work with our filter. I came back to the store the following day, he helped modify some fittings.

At the last moment I had him try my pump with the store's power source. It worked! James returned my order, insisted it was no problem even though he took the time to send me home with a pump. The other associates were also helpful. Namco is very fortunate to have an employee like James **. Without a doubt, I will be back at his store in the future. Thank you.

I ordered a pool almost two weeks before July 4th and was told by the store associate it would be installed by the 4th. First installer called and got upset with me because he couldn't make the deadline. I called the store right after and was told they would contact a new installer to meet the promised date. They never did. Didn't cancel the first installer either. I had to do that. Over the next 3.5 weeks I contacted the store and corporate office several times to find out who the new installer was and when it was going to happen. Never received a callback. Four weeks after original order, I had to pack up the pool (very heavy and lots of boxes) and return to store. Then the install manager "Dave" wanted to speak with me on the phone for the first time. They did refund my money. Complete lack of communication, made a promise they couldn't keep. Very disappointed. Now wife and kids go without this summer.

Customer service representative was very curt, could not give me a time when my pool would be arriving, never knew anything; there was no one else to speak with; she was it. Carefree attitude. I was calling every week without an adequate answer. One day I received a call that my pool would be delivered the next day. Pool delivery person with a bad attitude. Called me at work because my son didn't answer the door quick enough then he hung up on me. I called him back to see what the problem was and he denied there was any problem. Never again will I order anything from them. The in store personnel have been courteous. I have not had any problems with the store.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we went in to their stores, they had the items on display and we liked them. The initial purchase we had in August was great. We bought the pool, a whole outdoor patio set and swings. The guy was nice and helpful. However, he also told us to purchase the ladder and the filter in the winter as they ran holiday sales that time. When we called in though, there was never a sale. It turned into a huge nightmare. They said that we should have purchased those along the first time, so that we could have been booked for installation. We didn’t get our pool put in until July the following year, and even that was horrible. We had to keep calling.

The installers were okay. They had to come back once but it was more of Namco's fault. The main manager had no idea what he was doing. One of the assistant managers was terrible but the other one was excellent. He ended up fixing and getting the pool installed. He did a lot of work to fix a lot of people’s errors. But overall, it was a bad experience. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got some lounge chairs and a patio set from Namco. We found the color and size that we wanted there and their service was fine. The person in the department helped me out and knew what he was talking about for the most part. However, they don't test pool water and I was surprised with that as they're a pool patio place.

We've wanted a pool for a while, so we decided to purchase one from the Rocky Hill, CT Namco store. Robert, the store manager, was very knowledgeable and helped us decide upon and select exactly what we needed. Unfortunately, our installation didn't go so well -- the liner leaked and although we tried to contact the installer several times, he didn't return our calls. The first time he actually did call us back, he said that he would be over later in the week... but he never showed up. We tried contacting Namco's Customer Service, but it wasn't much help.

We contacted Robert for assistance. He followed up with both the installer and customer service. It took a couple of weeks, and we ran into a few more problems, but everything was finally resolved. Throughout it all, Robert always returned our calls, fought for us and made sure positive progress was made -- even working past his quitting time to make sure. Robert is wonderful to work with and is a true asset to the company!!!

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Company Profile