toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My wife and I saw the commercials for the July 4th sale and literally took the plunge to get a new pool! Neither of us have ever owned a pool before, so we were complete novices. We couldn't be happier with the service from Namco and especially Jillian, who walked us through the whole process!

Your assistant store (Sofia) is a real asset to your company. I'm a regular customer and I'm in the store every week and she has gone overboard to always help me. Employees like Sofia are hard to come by and it would be in your best interests to keep her.

Customer service regarding the purchase was great. However, after that I was completely on my own in terms of understanding how the filter, pump everything worked. Thank god for google and YouTube. More than happy to sell me whatever chemicals/add-ons, but very little available support to understand what you need to do the first time you have a pool. And the installation company were ill equipped and prepared for the job. Otherwise, we love the pool.

I would like to say that Jillian at the Peabody Namco is wonderful! She is so knowledgeable of all of the products in her store. This year we had to purchase a new pump and filter for our 15' round, above ground pool. She helped us out so much in buying the right one. Jillian is a people person and has a nice way about her. We love the Peabody Namco because of Jillian.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've gone to Namco for years for pool chemicals since they're mostly convenient and 10 minutes away from our home. We usually get pool closing chemicals, chlorine, and stabilizers we use to maintain the pool. We check the prices of everything. The gentleman who work in there was alone I felt bad for him, but he’s very helpful and knowledgeable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a huge family and we always have children over here, and the pool we have doesn’t really suit our need. So we looked for a pool and Namco was cheaper so we bought a pool from them. It came with a pump, a vacuum etc. Our purchasing experience was good. The rep that worked with us was really great. He was informative. When we had hesitations on buying because of the price, he said he would text me if a better sale came along. And when one did, he did contact us and that’s when we purchased our pool. We did not have it installed yet. They’re holding it until the spring, since it was the end of the summer.

We purchased a pool on 9/5/2016. Our sales associate was knowledgeable about all the pools and pumps. Our experience was good from beginning to end. We felt we got the best price. We would recommend our friend & family to shop at Namco. (Ask for Jillian.)

We liked that Namco was local. We didn't end up getting the pool at the end, however, because we found out that there's a lot of other added cost that we had to do that was outside of our budget for the present time. So what we told them is that we will contact them again around springtime to see if we can finish what we started. The team was professional, kind, very informative, and explained everything to us. Plus, Robert, the salesperson we dealt with, was extremely professional. But then we had to do our own research. As an example, the electrician said the cost could be a range from $300 to $1,000, so we had to contact our own electrician just to get an idea of what the cost was. But, Namco gave us the groundwork of where to begin at. They were great, and I would do the buying at Namco again.

I've been with Namco for a couple of years now and had a great and very productive experience with them. They offered more products than other suppliers and their sales and installation teams are perfect. The manager at the Peabody store went above and beyond to help us. She educated me and did a great job. I got a pool, chemicals, and a filter and when it broke, I got a new part.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend bought a pool and he kept telling me to go over there and see the pool. Then I said that I wanted to buy one this year, so I bought the pool from Namco Pools. This is my first pool and it's beautiful. Their reps answered me very good, explained everything. It's amazing. They say "call me anytime," and I'm happy. The installer David was a perfect guy, too. I can't complain about the whole service, very nice guys. They have a very, very good team.

I have been a loyal Namco customer for over 25 years! In August of 2012 I purchased my second pool from Namco (the first pool from Namco lasted 21 years) an end of the year special - the pool was delivered in placed inside for the winter and professionally installed in April of 2013! After just 3 years of use (2013, 2014 and 2015) when I opened the pool May of 2016 all 18 top rails are showing rust and pieces of metal are falling into the pool! I contacted customer service and have done everything they have asked (photos, name of installer)! Namco offered me replacement rails for the pool! I am trying to ensure that this problem does not happen again so when I asked to customer service rep she immediately stopped helping and directed me to the manufacturer!

The manufacturer recommended resin rails however I would have to restart the warranty claim (photos etc). I asked Namco if they could get me the resin rails. Namco's rep rudely told me there was nothing she could do! I asked to talk to her superior and she refused to connect me to any supervisor - all of her communications (e-mails and phone conversations) have been rude, abrupt and not in a timely fashion! I am totally dissatisfied with Namco and their customer service department in particular the unprofessional person I have been dealing with! I want the pool repaired and only then will I consider to continue doing business with Namco!

The other places I talked to seemed high-priced and I didn’t like what I was hearing from them. Then, a friend of mine told me that his father went with Namco in Peabody. I went up there and struck gold. The store manager was very sweet and intelligent when it comes to their products. Every question that I had, which deterred me from a couple of the other places, she hits right on spot. She also told me that I didn’t need to buy a lot or worry about a lot of other things. I was going to buy a bigger pool, and she told me I wouldn’t be able to fit it. And she was right, because when the installer came out to measure, he said that I would be fine with the 15-foot pool.

I’ve been to Namco several times since then. I bought all my cleaning products, chemicals, toys and floats, and bathroom cleaners from there. Another deciding factor was the price. I bought a lot of stuff on sale. I got a better deal from them from top to bottom. I had to call the store manager back four times for different small things, and even if she couldn’t take the call right then, she got back to me in a timely manner.

The installer came out first and measured because I wasn’t aware of the size. They were there two days after I bought the pool and installed it. He came back on his own time the next day to make sure there were no wrinkles in the liner and nothing was leaking. I had to call him one time because I had a question about a pump and he swung by on his way home and walked me through it. I also told a couple of my neighbors about Namco because they liked the pool. I hear all kinds of stories about how hard it is to get a pool up and running, and that in the end, it turns out to be a mess. But it’s the opposite. They did a good job and I was very satisfied.

I came in to the Namco store #00005 on Sat 7/30. I thought I needed a new pump/motor. The manager of the store, James ** helped me with the purchase of the new pump. I needed a pump right away, so I was disappointed to learn that the store did not have any in stock. I ordered a pump, he honored the online price that was less than in-store, and then added a coupon. Then he went above and beyond and set up a used pump to lend me until my new one came in. This was all while helping other customers on this busy day. His excellent customer service did not end there. The pump we borrowed did not work with our filter. I came back to the store the following day, he helped modify some fittings.

At the last moment I had him try my pump with the store's power source. It worked! James returned my order, insisted it was no problem even though he took the time to send me home with a pump. The other associates were also helpful. Namco is very fortunate to have an employee like James **. Without a doubt, I will be back at his store in the future. Thank you.

I ordered a pool almost two weeks before July 4th and was told by the store associate it would be installed by the 4th. First installer called and got upset with me because he couldn't make the deadline. I called the store right after and was told they would contact a new installer to meet the promised date. They never did. Didn't cancel the first installer either. I had to do that. Over the next 3.5 weeks I contacted the store and corporate office several times to find out who the new installer was and when it was going to happen. Never received a callback. Four weeks after original order, I had to pack up the pool (very heavy and lots of boxes) and return to store. Then the install manager "Dave" wanted to speak with me on the phone for the first time. They did refund my money. Complete lack of communication, made a promise they couldn't keep. Very disappointed. Now wife and kids go without this summer.

Customer service representative was very curt, could not give me a time when my pool would be arriving, never knew anything; there was no one else to speak with; she was it. Carefree attitude. I was calling every week without an adequate answer. One day I received a call that my pool would be delivered the next day. Pool delivery person with a bad attitude. Called me at work because my son didn't answer the door quick enough then he hung up on me. I called him back to see what the problem was and he denied there was any problem. Never again will I order anything from them. The in store personnel have been courteous. I have not had any problems with the store.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we went in to their stores, they had the items on display and we liked them. The initial purchase we had in August was great. We bought the pool, a whole outdoor patio set and swings. The guy was nice and helpful. However, he also told us to purchase the ladder and the filter in the winter as they ran holiday sales that time. When we called in though, there was never a sale. It turned into a huge nightmare. They said that we should have purchased those along the first time, so that we could have been booked for installation. We didn’t get our pool put in until July the following year, and even that was horrible. We had to keep calling.

The installers were okay. They had to come back once but it was more of Namco's fault. The main manager had no idea what he was doing. One of the assistant managers was terrible but the other one was excellent. He ended up fixing and getting the pool installed. He did a lot of work to fix a lot of people’s errors. But overall, it was a bad experience. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got some lounge chairs and a patio set from Namco. We found the color and size that we wanted there and their service was fine. The person in the department helped me out and knew what he was talking about for the most part. However, they don't test pool water and I was surprised with that as they're a pool patio place.

We've wanted a pool for a while, so we decided to purchase one from the Rocky Hill, CT Namco store. Robert, the store manager, was very knowledgeable and helped us decide upon and select exactly what we needed. Unfortunately, our installation didn't go so well -- the liner leaked and although we tried to contact the installer several times, he didn't return our calls. The first time he actually did call us back, he said that he would be over later in the week... but he never showed up. We tried contacting Namco's Customer Service, but it wasn't much help.

We contacted Robert for assistance. He followed up with both the installer and customer service. It took a couple of weeks, and we ran into a few more problems, but everything was finally resolved. Throughout it all, Robert always returned our calls, fought for us and made sure positive progress was made -- even working past his quitting time to make sure. Robert is wonderful to work with and is a true asset to the company!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Namco seemed cheaper and had more of what I needed as far as an above-ground pool goes. The other pool people were more in-ground installers. The price was the main reason I went with them, though. The sales guys were the regular guys at the store and were okay. I told them what I wanted and asked what they had. I got two pools from Namco Pools and Patios. The first time was fine and we had that pool for five years. The second time, they had a little more of a problem. They sent me the wrong pool and the people that they contracted to install the pool were jerks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is my second pool from Namco. The other one didn't last as long as I had hoped, but for the price, I was happy. So I decided to go again with a Namco product. The sales manager was really good. He did everything he said he was going to do so I don't have any complaint. He talked about the installation fee but I put the pool up myself. I recently had to bring back a part that cracked over the winter and he replaced it for me. He did a warranty replacement without any issues and I was happy about it.

Just wanting to let you know that Mike ** from store #6 - Springfield, helped me in a great way with my new filter and questions that I had with it. He took the time to show me how to use it and how it works etc. He was a great help! Even going through various email throughout the day and helping me till I arrived at the store. Thanks!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in Hanover and I drive by Namco Pools and Patios, it’s just convenient. I bought a patio set, some bar stools for outside, pool sticks and a couple of things like that before in the past from them. Then one time, they had a table that I liked. It was on sale and my old one was broken so I bought it as I needed one. Namco's people were nice enough when I'm buying there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Namco's prices are a little cheaper than some of the other pool places so we got our pools from them. We got the first pool 20 years ago from their branch in New Hampshire but we had a bad winter and it collapsed. We have a second pool which is now on its third year with us. The pool was missing some parts so we had to go to Salem, New Hampshire to get it. Nevertheless, it's nor running and we just got a new pump and motor there this year. Anything that we have needed, they have provided. I never had a problem with any of their sales people, they were always accommodating. We'd recommend this company.

We were having trouble opening our pool. We packed up our Hayward DE ec40 filter and pool equipment and went down to the Namco store (store 6). It was spitting out DE into the pool. An employee named "Mike" was extremely helpful. He came out to our car and noticed that there was a crack in the plate. He removed all of the fingers and replaced the plate for us. Thank you Mike.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a pool from Namco years ago and we went back to them after seven years because there was a problem with the pool - it had a hole in the side. But the company that made the pool is out of business now, so there was nothing that Namco could do. So I purchased another pool and Namco installed it, and I paid for the upgrade of the liner. They put the wrong liner in, but took care of it all. So everything turned out good with them.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've always wanted a pool at our house, so we decided to purchase one from Namco. They have no-interest financing. The sales team were very knowledgeable. They helped me pick out the right size pool because I had no idea what size pool to get and it would have never fit in my yard if I had gone with what I wanted to get. Then the installation team that came was nice and easy to work with, and they did a good job for us. Overall, they were terrific.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for outside furniture. We purchased a patio furniture from Namco because of the quality and price. The sales rep was very helpful. Purchasing was great and easy. We were at Nashua, New Hampshire and they were very good and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Namco gave me a good deal on the pool. The lady was really nice and she helped me with everything. The only thing I don't like is they offer a system with an electrical part. They just tell you you're going to need this and that but I didn't know how hard it's gonna be having the electrical part. So I would've liked it if I would've gotten more advice about the electrical because this is not something simple that you're gonna just plug in the pump and start running. I would definitely tell people to find their own electricians. I spent about $700 buying the electrical supply that I needed to run the thing. If they would've told me, I would've paid $1,100 for them to have somebody do the installation anyway.

I also didn't like the installers. They were in a rush to do it. They have so many places to go and then they charge you $1,300 just for the installation. They do a real mess all over so it wasn't a nice experience. There's nothing that I can do with these people because I'm not paying them, I'm paying Namco. I spoke to the lady and she said, "We install it for you. We set it up nicely." You see the picture and you see how the pool's gonna end up, but it didn't end up like that. But with the service, it's something that they will help you a little bit more.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Namco Pools & Patios was a well-known name and I figured to go and check it out. I got a 24-foot aboveground pool. Sheen, their sales rep, was very nice. Their installation team had a good attitude. They got the job done and left. There were no issues. However, if I knew what was involved, I wouldn't have bought the pool because I had an intact pool that was just good for me and I wouldn't have to put up with our town hall which wants to have my pool grounded. What they're asking me to do is unbelievable.

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Company Profile