toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like to shop in Namco because their products are good, they warranty their items, and they treat their customers well. I got an above ground pool and they're going to deliver it in May. When I went in their store, there's always somebody there who can help me find what I'm interested to buy and they also tell me which product is better. They helped me in everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife grew up on the street that we live, a few houses down, and they had an in-ground pool their whole life. However, the house is going to be sold because her parents are elderly now and we don't have use of the pool. We also have one of those small iTech pools for the grandkids for the last few years, and we decided to get a little bit bigger one. Namco is one of the three places in town and they also install the product. We have ordered and set up a contract with them and it should be delivered tomorrow. It was an easy process and the salesman was really helpful. He didn't try to oversell us and gave us options if we wanted to conserve. They were courteous and able to answer all of our questions. It was cost-effective and our experience with them has been pleasant so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My little daughter got surgery last year and she was asking me for a pool. So I promised her for this year that I'm going to get one for her. I was asking for pools at Namco and the sales rep started giving me options and recommendations and I chose the one that I felt was best for me and my family. The sales rep was great and the pool is going to come at the end of this month.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've always wanted a pool and my husband finally agreed to get one so, I ran right out and got one before he changed his mind. I went to the Namco Pools in Southington and the rep was really nice. He sat down with me and we went through all the stuff. Then, the installation was very nice and professional. They were done in a day and I had no problems. The guy came back, gave us free pool school and taught us how to do everything. Also, I go to Namco in Rocky Hill a lot because I get all my supplies there. The woman who might be the manager is so nice over there. She seems to know everything so, whenever I have a question, that's where I go. I would highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales rep at Namco is really nice and she explained everything to us and made us understand everything. We felt comfortable with the associate and she was really good. That made our decision a lot easier to go with them. We bought a pool and it was excellent. We thought it was a fair price and they're supposed to install it in May. It was a good experience all around. I would definitely go back there because of the associate.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Namco always has great deals that I always see in the papers and we were constantly looking at Namco flyers so we chose them. We were looking at the 18x52 pool and they didn't have it in stock but they had a special going on and it was the same price as the 21 so we got the 21. The salesperson Gianna was great. She explained everything to us and went over everything. She also made sure we got what we needed. It was a very easy process and it was a great experience. I won't mind doing business with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

We bought our last pool from Namco, which we have used for more than 26 years. We purchased from them again. We haven’t had much of an experience yet because we haven’t got the pool. It won’t go out until the beginning of April. We went in, told them what we were looking for and they showed us what they had, and then we made a decision. Our new pool has a good deal and it checked all the boxes that we wanted. We decided to put another one in because it had been several years and the last one was old. We always bought replacement liners when we needed them and we’ve always had good luck with Namco.

The previous pool owner bought the pool at Namco. It rusted out so we went back to the same store and got another above-ground pool. Everything went well with the purchase. The only thing was we purchased a wall thing on the base that is supposed to go on the edge of the pool. When the installer came, I asked if it was really important or not, and he told me it’s more of a personal preference. We paid for it, but the installer said it wasn’t included and the project has already started. I asked my dad but he didn’t want to stop the guy from doing the pool over that type of thing. The older pool didn’t have it but when we talked to the guy at Namco, he said it’s a good thing to have because it goes around so we won’t have holes or whatnot on the floor. Other than that, the pool installation was good.

Our pool got torn down during the last blizzard we had, so I decided to look online to see what kind of deals I could get. Namco was considerably cheaper and the person who sold the pool to me was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. I have a couple more payments left, and then after that, we'll set up a date for the installation. I hope I have great experience as far as them setting up the pool, too. My experience with them was great.

I went to Namco before. It’s been a while since I bought my last pool but I like the reputation of Namco. That’s why I went back and purchased a swimming pool from them when it was time for another one. I went in there, saw the pool that I wanted and bought it. The quality of Namco products is excellent. Overall, my experience was spectacular.

Namco was the most well-known distributor in the area. I wanted to get an above-ground pool for the family. The rep in the store was very helpful. It went pretty smoothly. It hasn’t been installed yet because we are waiting for things to thaw out and then schedule it. I just had to go back for pool alarms, something that I didn’t realize I needed initially to pull the permit.

I had the perception that Namco had affordable and reasonable prices so we purchased an above-ground, 18-foot pool from them. There was also a promotion on that size at the time that we were looking to make the purchase. The purchasing experience was mostly positive. I had some great conversations with the salesmen. We did everything over the phone and for the most part, the process seemed pretty straightforward. We live quite a distance away, so it was really helpful that the salesman did work with us over the phone and some things via email. And they also arranged for the installer to come and assemble the pool. We still get a foot of snow so we are looking to have the pool installed in May.

The only part that I’m uncomfortable or hesitant on at this point is that we purchased the pool with a card and we’re already making payments on it. But I don’t have any product here. We did the purchase in February and he said that a couple of things would be shipped to us. It was a pretty big purchase and I’m not sure what will arrive when. He may have given that to me and I may be spacing out, but I don’t recall that there was a specific date. I would feel slightly less anxious when all the items arrive. I’m probably out of my mind that I bought a pool I never even looked at. I guess I have a lot of faith in Namco’s products. But I would follow-up if I don’t see anything by the 1st of April.

Hi Alice,

Please rest easy knowing you're in good hands at Namco. We will reach out to your installation company and have them contact you.

You can always shop with us online at namcopool.com if the Colonie store is too far for you!

Original review: March 21, 2017

We’re at our third pool from Namco. We have a signed contract and it’s paid for but we haven’t heard anything for the installation. In the past, we put up our own pool. This is gonna be our first experience of having them put it up. We’re a little nervous but we’ll wait and see how it goes. The only disappointment I had was that Namco closed their Latham store and it was actually a bit further out for us to go because we’re not from that area. They changed location, and the store that we went to for the third pool was almost like an empty room. There were just four or five pool setups and two people that was there were not getting their pools going and busy.

But at the Latham store, their shelves were full and ready to go for summer and there were people that were getting things going and working towards their spring line. We used to go there to buy our supplies, and now we won’t because it was not feasible to drive three hours to pick up chlorine and have our water checked. Other than that, we’ve never had a bad experience with Namco and I’m very pleased with the product.

We bought an above ground pool and deck from Namco. The other place got a great product but it has an outrageous price. I compared prices and there was a big difference so the pricing of Namco was good. And Namco had one product that was on layaway and then we realized that the pool was actually gonna be too big for the yard. It would've been a really good deal though.

Namco had a catchy place. We ended up purchasing the same day. I liked the way their rep was talking to me. I felt comfortable. I don't like to feel pressured when I'm purchasing something, she was really good and flexible too. I was told that we might have a problem because we have a marshland behind the house and the ground tends to be wet. So the pool that she was gonna sell us was an all steel one. And I was more worried about problems with rusting. I told her, "Then I'm gonna go with the newer style with all aluminum." And she was like, "Oh, yeah. That's why I reserved both of them. I just figured that way you can talk to the town and figure out which best gonna work for you."

I also told her that the building inspector in our town is really tough and I was surprised when I went over everything with him. The only thing he was really stringent on was staying away from the property line and keeping the pool close to the house because of the wetlands. When I told her about that, she was like, "Well, I want you to get all the information you need and then I'll hold these pools." That's why I told my wife, "I thought it was one of those things that will give you sleepless nights, but it wasn't at all." She was really good to deal with. But this other guy, he called us afterwards, and he was like almost mad. Like, he spent the time with us and we weren't buying the floor. I hate that.

The pools have come a long way since I bought one for my father years ago and that was just basically a pool. There are so much choices I have to pick from with the filtration systems and the way they're built. They do a lot more nowadays and it was very good. They haven't installed anything yet but I hope that the experience of buying it is the same as installation and everything else.

At that time, my kids wanted a pool and it was close to the summer. We recently moved to this house and it has a really big yard. We have space for the pool and so we used Namco Pools & Patios. It was a recommendation from some friends. And from my understanding, they do everything and come to the house. We asked them about that when we went to buy.

When I called and made an appointment with the installation company, they told me that I have to go to the city and do things. If they told me about that, I wouldn’t have paid the installation, and they just made it hard for me. I really have no time. I work, I have kids, and my husband works as well. Then just for that form, they were charging almost $1,000 or a little bit more on top. So it's not cheap and they should've at least told me. I told them that I would think about it and see what I can do. Because I'm not the type of person that’s gonna be running in all offices. They close like 4:00 or 5:00 and I don’t get out of work until 6:00. My husband is a truck driver so we had no schedule. It was just horrible.

So then I have to go to another company and canceled the installation with them. By then I want to return the whole system. We don’t have everything set up yet and the materials are still in the boxes because I wasn’t able to get all the papers that they asked me to do. They said that if I return, they will give me 50%. That’s their policy and that’s how they work. For me, it doesn’t make sense. There's always a return policy with anything that one buys. So I'm losing all that money and that's crazy. Then they told me that I can sell that to someone else.

We went to another place but it was a little bit more expensive. Now I know why. That company would do everything. All I have to worry about is just be home. I don’t mind paying a couple more hundred. I wanna be just nice and comfortable sitting in the pool. We were really disappointed. I was very dissatisfied and will not recommend them.

Customer service was excellent!!! Jillian was professional and so very helpful. She is very knowledgeable. She is a great asset to Namco!!! I would highly recommend her. Thanks Jillian!!! She gave us a great deal on our pool!!! She knows everything about chemicals, parts, etc.

I have been going to the Namco Pools & Patios store on the corner from where I work for years and their people were nice. We got a hot tub and a couple of artificial trees. We have also been getting pool supplies from them and the lady that works there has been wonderful every time I go in. She remembers my name.

When our 13 year old NAMCO pool began to show signs of rust, we decided to purchase a replacement. We purchased a new model that had an aluminum side wall where the skimmer is located. We put the pool up in May and were able to enjoy the pool for one summer. We winterized the pool in the fall (as we have for the last 13 years), and this February we noticed that the aluminum wall has developed several splits in it and has collapsed. I called the company for a replacement since this pool isn't even a year old, and was told that they will not provide any warranty service since it was weather related.

We have had a fairly mild winter, far less snow and ice as in previous winters, and our last pool never had any issues. For a pool that is less than a year old to collapse like this is unacceptable. I also find it interesting that there are no negative reviews on their website. I recently posted a similar review to this, and it does not appear on their site. That, to me, is misrepresentation. We will never do business with or recommend NAMCO in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had pool supplies and purchased a pool last year from Namco. Namco is fine but the vendor that installed it wasn't the best. They weren't very professional at all and were complaining about the job.

I purchased a pool from Namco twenty years ago. Purchased all pool supplies including chemicals also from Namco over the years. On 5/11/16 I purchased a new 15 X 26 oval above ground pool and had it installed on 6/15/16 by Namco's Sub Contractor named Stephen **, SJ Pools. Had water delivered and paid $700.00. Within a month we had seven sink holes. I called Stephen and he came up to look at it and said the only way to fix it would be to drain the water and redo the liner. I wasn't happy with the idea of draining the water since we paid for delivery and would have to pay again for delivery. He said he would put in a claim to Namco for reimbursement of the $700.00 we would have to pay again for the water delivery.

After they came to redo the pool and water was delivered we gave Stephen the receipt. Stephen tried to get the reimbursement and I tried also. I was told to speak with James ** and given his business phone number. I called everyday for 4-5 weeks Monday thru Friday leaving James numerous messages. I even left messages to other employees at Namco's, never received a callback. All I am asking for is my $700.00 to be reimbursed back to me. To be clear, I am not blaming Stephen for anything. He did good work.

I went online, looked at different websites and did some comparisons. Though the prices were comparable, I went with Namco since I’d like to keep my business local. I’ve been going to them for years now to get tools and supplies for my pool, which is another reason why I went with them for purchase. The staff there is great. The lady was so cordial and willing to work with me, and got me the best price. I put on layaway a 12-foot swimming pool. I have an existing 20-foot and it is so big that the back side of it is just collapsing. My friend recommended Namco to me and I would also recommend them to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a pool from Namco Pools & Patios 15 years ago and we just purchased another pool from them. The rep was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We did not run into any problems and although the pool will still be installed later on, the experience so far has been easy and pleasant.

I worked with Kristin at the Manchester Namco to purchase a new pool to replace the pool I had originally purchased previously years before. My pool was damaged by a tree limb and I was looking to purchase a new one. She was extremely helpful and friendly to answer all my questions and accommodate me in the purchase of a new pool. She went above and beyond when I asked many questions and she had answers for me. I really appreciate having someone so helpful during a time when I was not expecting to be purchasing a pool, however, due to the circumstances I was in I feel she really was a great assistance to me.

We had no plans to buy from Namco. But Gianna was so great, we ended up purchasing a pool. She had a ton of information, and quickly answered my many questions. If this level of service continues as the pool is delivered and after, then it will have been a very good decision.

My wife and I saw the commercials for the July 4th sale and literally took the plunge to get a new pool! Neither of us have ever owned a pool before, so we were complete novices. We couldn't be happier with the service from Namco and especially Jillian, who walked us through the whole process!

Your assistant store (Sofia) is a real asset to your company. I'm a regular customer and I'm in the store every week and she has gone overboard to always help me. Employees like Sofia are hard to come by and it would be in your best interests to keep her.

Customer service regarding the purchase was great. However, after that I was completely on my own in terms of understanding how the filter, pump everything worked. Thank god for google and YouTube. More than happy to sell me whatever chemicals/add-ons, but very little available support to understand what you need to do the first time you have a pool. And the installation company were ill equipped and prepared for the job. Otherwise, we love the pool.

I would like to say that Jillian at the Peabody Namco is wonderful! She is so knowledgeable of all of the products in her store. This year we had to purchase a new pump and filter for our 15' round, above ground pool. She helped us out so much in buying the right one. Jillian is a people person and has a nice way about her. We love the Peabody Namco because of Jillian.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've gone to Namco for years for pool chemicals since they're mostly convenient and 10 minutes away from our home. We usually get pool closing chemicals, chlorine, and stabilizers we use to maintain the pool. We check the prices of everything. The gentleman who work in there was alone I felt bad for him, but he’s very helpful and knowledgeable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a huge family and we always have children over here, and the pool we have doesn’t really suit our need. So we looked for a pool and Namco was cheaper so we bought a pool from them. It came with a pump, a vacuum etc. Our purchasing experience was good. The rep that worked with us was really great. He was informative. When we had hesitations on buying because of the price, he said he would text me if a better sale came along. And when one did, he did contact us and that’s when we purchased our pool. We did not have it installed yet. They’re holding it until the spring, since it was the end of the summer.

We purchased a pool on 9/5/2016. Our sales associate was knowledgeable about all the pools and pumps. Our experience was good from beginning to end. We felt we got the best price. We would recommend our friend & family to shop at Namco. (Ask for Jillian.)

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Company Profile