Call toll free
3.68/5
Based on 81 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1962, NAMCO began as a family operated business. Now 50 years later they are one of the largest vendors for swimming pools, pool chemicals, patio furniture and more. They provide indoor and outdoor entertainment products with practical prices for your family’s entertainment needs.

NAMCO is a proud member of the (APSP) Association of Pool & Spa Professionals. We look forward to helping you build your dream “Staycation” home. Call us today!

View More View More

397 Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 12, 2018

Namco is a local company in my town. I bought a brand-new pool from them, and different chemicals and everything for my pool and hot tub to keep them going. I ordered something from them about a month and a week ago and they made me prepay for it. But I haven’t heard from them. They could at least give me a heads-up call whether the order got there or not. Also, their employees seem to always change, but everybody is always pretty decent and customer service is great.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 7, 2018

We've had an above ground pool for almost 50 years. We've replaced the lining in the pool and everything else. Namco used to be in Norwalk, Connecticut and that's how we started going there. Now, we don't like it because it's up in Orange or Milford and it's a long ride for us. We use hoses, chlorine and things like that through Namco. Their service has been very good. I just hope they move closer to us.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Had a positive sales experience when purchasing the pool. We purchased all the start up and winterizing equipment as well from Namco. We followed all the directions, asked the appropriate questions when not sure and had a wonderful two seasons with the pool. And then the water drained this past winter. The Manchester store guaranteed us we had a warranty on the liner if the seam was the reason. Sure enough when we opened the pool the bottom liner was pulled away in two places right on the seam. We took the pictures and sent them with our request to replace the liner, replace the two caps & cover which ripped due to stress. We also requested the pool water be refilled at their expense to requested email address.

We waiting the required 2 weeks to get an answer, when one failed to show up, we called. The email was deleted was the response. What? Why??? Then we called directly to corporate and they told us to resend and wait two weeks, but they would try to expedite. Again with no response we call, they sent an offer to the wrong email address. So they sent it again, the offer was 20% on a new liner. What happened to the warranty? Oh it depreciated over two summers a whopping 80%. My timeline of aggravation starts in April 2018, and today I still have no pool to use. I will be purchasing a new liner (not from Namco) and refilling the pool this week. I could have started this process a month ago, had I known the resolution was not in the warranty. As I now do my research (a little too late) I find the rating in all of CT to be a D- or worse!

Original review: July 5, 2018

My mom referred me to Namco, and they were having a sale at the time I was choosing to purchase a pool. I got a 15-foot above ground pool from them and the purchasing experience was fairly easy. But I had an issue with the ladder that I purchased, and I had to lug it to the store after it was put back together. And I was talking to someone extensively about returning it and picking out another ladder because the quality was bad. I didn’t feel it was worth the money and I wasn’t comfortable with it being safe. When I lugged it all the way back to the store, and after talking to the manager several times, at no point did they tell me that they don’t sell another ladder that is up to code. So, I ended up having to keep that ladder because they were only gonna do an even exchange. They were not gonna return my money. And I drove all the way there. So, I didn’t shop there after that.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We were in the market to purchase a pool, and I liked Namco's quick service. We purchased an above ground pool from them. The Namco people were excellent. They were attentive, and we ran into an issue with the installer and Namco was quick to respond and resolve any conflicts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

Original review: June 14, 2018

Disappointing to say the least... We order a pool. Good price A+ for that. No shipping details, no email to tell us our pool has shipped or when it will be delivered. We have to call and find out . May take up to 3 weeks to process we were told. 3 weeks??? Really??? Didnt take that long. Thank god. So our pool guy comes to start the set up... 1 of the strappings is too short. Oh great! I guess that happens. We drive to our local Namco to see if they have an extra one. Nope! But they say they will order it for us. Ok Good. That was on a Sunday. The next Friday after not seeing anything, we call and they promise us it will be there by Tuesday. Ok. We call our pool guy to have him come Wednesday now.

Tuesday rolls around... nothing! We call again. We are told the part is coming from Canada. We ask for a tracking number. They cant give us one. We call back Thursday, again no tracking number but the lady tells us she will overnight the part from Canada. Wait? You mistake the part was the wrong part and you didnt overnight it to begin with? Shame on you!!! So I'm taking it that the part was never ordered the 1st time. 3 days later we receive it. FROM NEW YORK, NOT CANADA!!! Ok over 2 weeks now we have a pool to get set up but we lost our pool guy to another job.

Now we have to spend a lot more on someone else. Already PISSED as it is. take out the liner... plain blue. NOT WHAT WE ORDERED. After almost an hour on the phone the lady finally gives in to give us the liner that we had originally ordered. Almost a week goes by, nothing. We call again today and we are told it is going to be shipped out today. Why was it not shipped out right away??? WHY ARE YOU NOT TAKING CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! AWFUL AWFUL.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We wanted to have a pool in the house. We got the whole pool with pumps from Namco. They explained everything to me and they answered all the questions that I had. I was very happy with the service from them. People can go over there and they can find whatever they need. However, Namco should have more replacement parts for the pumps because they don't have some of the stuff.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought my pool last year. Got it a week later, then it sat in my garage until the middle of July when it was promised to be installed before the 4th of July. Funny that never happened. Now here I am a year later and mind you I only got to use my pool last year for maybe 3 months, now here we are storing of 2018 my warranty ran out on the motor to my pool on May 30 Labor Day weekend and when I called the Namco store in Springfield the manager told me he would honor the warranty. It would cost me 38 dollars to replace it and it would get replace it with a Hayward motor.

When I got to the store yesterday it was a different story. They want to charge me 38 dollars for someone to look at it and try to fix it. Well lo and behold they are not even set up to repair the motors so one of the guys that work there was taking it home to try and fix it. The bar rings are gone in it. I stood around this store for over an hour to be told that they are not set up to repair them so in my eyes they should honor the motor warranty after all the crap I went through to even get the pool installed. Needless to say I will never deal with Namco again.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought a pool from Namco a few years ago and then bought one last year as well. Aside from that, I got some chemicals from them. When I bought the pool, the sales rep was very good but I had a problem with the installation. They forgot to put 22 screws in the top and they didn’t bother putting in the caps. I paid somebody else to come because it's under the deck. I called the installer and told him so he sent me the $25. But it was the aggravation off it. When you put up a pool nowadays, you have to have the pool filter grounded and Namco didn’t go over any of that. Years ago, you didn’t have to do that but now, you have to get an electrician to ground everything. The installers don’t do it and it’s an extra expense but Namco don’t bother telling you that. Fortunately for me when I took down the pool, grounding wires were there and I didn't disrupt them. I just took them off the pool. But other than that, it was fine and the price was good.

I would recommend them but I wouldn't have them put the pool in if I wasn't there. You have to watch the people when they put the installation and you have to check everything. Also, I was having a birthday party on the 21st of June last year and they brought the pool in three days before. I got nervous so, I called them and they were supposed to send me a gift certificate because there was a delay. They never did but that’s okay.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased a whole pool from Namco 30 years ago. Then about 15 years ago, I purchased another pool. And then I purchased a replacement pool wall 4 years ago, which is fine and fair. Their price at the time was a better price than the other pool suppliers. Now, I get mostly pool related products and services from them. I buy the chemicals yearly and I also bought the motors to run the pool. Namco's pricing is really good but you have to do some work on your own to know what you want to be getting and whatever you need.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I moved to an area where they had Namco Pools and Patios. I stopped by two pool companies, Namco and Leslie's, and I checked their prices. Namco was good and they had lower prices than Leslie's. I always look for sales and Namco had more sales on chemicals. I bought a pool table and some chemicals for my swimming pool from Namco. But the place wasn't well run. The sales reps at the store sat around the main desk and didn't help the customers unless they went and found them. When I bought the pool table, an independent company came out and they were fine.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Namco Pools & Patios was close to my house so I bought a pool and all my chemicals from them. My experience with them was really good and the process was very easy. I was the one who picked up the items and did the installation, and everything was fine. They are a great company to work with. However, the one in the Rocky Hill area need to carry more filters in stock because they ran out in July and we couldn’t find a filter for the whole season.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I recently went into the Springfield, MA store on Boston Road after not visiting it for over a year. I had been previously unimpressed with their customer service and even had to call the corporate office a few times when getting the pool that I had purchased from them installed last year. Recently however, I ran in quickly to buy starter chemicals for the season and I was pleasantly surprised by the service. Everyone in the store was very friendly and helpful and I spoke with Howard, the new store manager for a few minutes as well. He was incredibly professional and I even ended up purchasing a new self-driven vacuum. This store has clearly made drastic changes to their appearance (much cleaner and more organized) and customer service. They have succeeded in winning me over again as a customer.

Original review: May 17, 2018

They claim they stand by their products. My pool lasted 1 summer. It caved in in the Winter. They said I live in the North East and it gets cold. As I drive I see those throw away pools from Walmart and Target still standing. Shame on you Namco. So buyer beware. Go to a local pool dealer. Spend a few dollars more. Cheaper is not better.

Original review: May 17, 2018

A friend of ours got a Namco pool and said the price was reasonable. So, we got the pool and all accompanying accessories from them too. However, we had a little trouble with the financing as far as transparency and charges but after several calls and lots of phone time, it was resolved. The installation team was great. A lot of their sales reps seemed like kids on a part-time job and the woman that we dealt with was nice but rough around the edges. She was not overly accommodating.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I went to Namco Pool & Patio, the one in Manchester, and it’s nothing like it used to be. They used to sell pool tables and lawn stuff. Right now, I'm not satisfied with what they have to offer.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Namco Pools & Patios is right down the street from where I live. I buy chemicals and all my pool supplies there. Interacting with their sales and installation teams has been pretty good. Namco is excellent.

Original review: April 28, 2018

In the beginning, we had a difficult time with Namco Pools & Patios because we received the wrong walls for the pool. We ordered a 52 but then we got a 56. We put it up and we didn't even realize that the walls were wrong until we decided to fill it with water. Nevertheless, the guy who sold us the pool was very nice and tried to help us solve the issue.

The installation was a nightmare because we did it ourselves. We put the siding in and realized that the walls were too high for the pool that we ordered. My husband had to go somewhere to pick up the walls and it was a week after when we finally had our pool together. Nevertheless, there have no problems since then. We have the stuff to make the pool run. We also got a ladder, cleaning tablets and water brightener. We also got a kit wherein we'll have to do something different next year. Namco's people are very pleasant each time we go. Others should just check everything with the pool when they load it into their cars. Make sure that the walls of the pool are in the right kit.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have a ground pool and when I went to Namco they were very gracious and very kind. They helped me with everything I wanted. I used to go to somebody else before but then I ended up staying with Namco for about seven years. I got some chairs at one time. My son got a lot of patio furniture and I got all my chemicals for the summer for the pool. The summer before I had a problem with the pool and they were awesome. They really solved the problem. They were good every time I went back and they would tell me what else I need, what to do and what to look for. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Namco Pools & Patios had a good price for the pool stuff that I was looking for. My purchase went fine and I did the installation myself.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Namco Pools was heavily commercialized during Labor Day weekend. So, I decided to get a pool from them. I also got a filter, a ladder and other things that come with the pool. Interacting with their representatives was quite challenging because the Nashua, New Hampshire branch closed. I dealt with someone from the Auburn Namco branch in Massachusetts. Still, everybody has been kind, helpful and thorough. However, the delivery of all the supplies for my Namco pool was not scheduled and there was no notification. Their delivery people showed up and had 40 or 50 boxes and dropped them off in the garage. While my experience with Namco hasn't been completely smooth and perfect, I recommend them.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased an above ground pool from Namco. The process of getting the pool was easy. However, when their team installed the pool, they did a messy job and my husband had to clean up a lot of their mess. It took them a week to complete the project. Furthermore, right after I bought the pool, it went on sale. I called many times to see if they would adjust my purchase to the sale price but no one ever got back to me and I wasn't happy about that.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We got the pool 12 years ago. We went down in Lawrence to another pool place and we went to the other place in Salem, then we tried Namco and everything seemed to work out good. The price is good and the people were informative, nice and reasonable. My wife goes there and she has a good experience with them.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Namco had a cheaper price on the pool and I get most of my pool chemicals from there. Purchasing was pretty simple. I told them what size I wanted and then went through the options and made the purchase. However, I don’t think their computer systems are making things work, and it's a pain. Getting the install scheduled took longer than originally quoted by the Namco people, so that was frustrating. But the reps were knowledgeable and they went through everything. And then the install guys were quick and got us through the day.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My sister had a pool put in by Namco a few years back, and she said they were reasonable so we gave it a shot. Their prices were better too. Aside from the pool, we got things that go with it that are necessary, like a filter, ladder and pump. Purchasing was chaotic ‘cause my children were with me, but other than that, it was fine. I’m trying to get the installation set up and their facility is under construction right now, but it's been an okay experience so far and I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I wanted to get a pool for my family. I used to work in Leslie’s Pool Supplies when I was a teenager and I always knew Namco was around. Namco was closer to home, and so I bought an 18-foot round pool, which was last year’s model. Initially, I went in the store and I did some research. And I ended up speaking to the store manager. I've gone to the pool place three times that week and then I decided to make my purchase. I bought the pool over this last summer. And I was told I was going to get all help and for any questions, they said to call them and they'd guide me through it. And none of those happened.

I bought the pool right out and did not do payment plans. And then, when it was time to pick everything up, they were missing this and that, so I was upset. I had to make several trips, which was not what I was expecting being that I paid in full. And a store manager helped me, but then she wasn’t available after a while. When I needed help, I called them and I got sarcasm. I reported the person to the store manager. And every time I called, they were too busy to talk to me, and when I showed up at the store, it was the same scenario. I walked out of the store pissed off. Everybody else when I called, it was a hassle. But I dealt with one specific lady who was amazing.

I had problems with my hoses and I went back to the store and the told me that it was what comes with the pool. And they were leaking, too. I ended up paying $1,600 that Namco charged to use their third party for the installation. They came back and checked it out and they kept talking about the hoses. But not once did Namco say they'd exchange them. And I asked them several times if they can you give me new hoses and it never happened. The installation team tried to help, but once they got paid and did their job, they didn’t care. And then when they came it was towards the end of the day and not even the actual owner would come. He just sent his workers to look at the hose and they told me the same exact things that we already discussed.

I'd tell others not to bother going with Namco. I went back and forth. I never owned a pool. So, I bought a saltwater pool, and all they did was give me a piece of paper with instructions, which makes no sense unless you’re dealing with pools. I kept calling and it was very upsetting. I also bought the pool late July. I’m in Connecticut, so I didn’t really get to enjoy the pool that much, and I got all the problems. Namco told us to call a specific company for water to fill up the pool. I paid $275 and they only filled up my pool halfway. It was very upsetting, too. I called and I complained. I have to reopen this pool, too. And I’ve never reopened a pool, but I’m using YouTube. And it would be great if they could help me with the chemicals and the six bags of salt that I got to buy to put in the pool.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My brother bought a pool from Namco two years ago. He had no problems with them so I bought a pool too. The reps talked to me about everything and kept the best plan and pool they could find in the area I have. Namco was really good and I’d use them all the time.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We used to go with the little balloon type pools but we got tired of having them because they're disposable, so we ended up investing to have a pool done professionally. We bought an above the ground pool from Namco because of my disability. The person who sold us the pool was a sweetheart. She was there whenever there was a problem in the beginning when they were still open because we found out they were closing down the New Hampshire store until further notice because of a new management. I am curious though about how the warranty that we paid for would go.

The crew that came out were a great bunch of guys as well. But when I had an issue with the pool, the original person that did it had to have surgery and he retired from doing the job. Namco found someone else who gave me a line and said that he doesn’t touch anybody else's work. So, I had to call back another person to solve the problem and Namco found someone else who did so. Other than that, it has been a good experience with Namco. They get things done professionally. If I knew anyone who would get a pool, I would send them to Namco and tell them to buy there instead of getting the cheap ones.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Namco had giant signs then about their 30% off deal. It seemed like a good time and we bought a pool. The store was nice, things were clean, people were good, knowledgeable and not pushy. I had a very nice experience when I went to the showroom, looked and when I bought it. The woman who worked in the showroom was very knowledgeable. She broke it down very simply and didn’t make it very complicated. I didn’t feel like there was a hidden cost. It made the purchasing experience a lot more agreeable. We bought the pool in the fall and I am going to get a call soon for the installation. So far, everything looks great. The craftsmanship looked like it was good but we’re still waiting to get ours.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I've heard Namco Pools & Patios in the past and they made themselves sound like I know what they were. I’ve got mostly chemicals and cleaners, like chlorine, from them and it was a fine experience. The people in the store were friendly and they have a huge selection and a very big store. I would recommend Namco Pools & Patios.

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Namco started as a small, family owned and operated business in the early 1960s. Today, the company has a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse and 19 retail locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and New York. Many items can be purchased online and shipped anywhere.

• Free shipping: Residents of several states in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions receive free delivery when they purchase items at Namco’s online store. The company have several items that are only available online.

• Comparison tool: Interested customers can use the website’s comparison tool for a side-by-side comparison of different pools and their features.

• Blog: Namco’s blog features tips for opening, maintaining and winterizing a pool. It also has recommendations for throwing pool parties, best pool-side reading lists and more. Readers can subscribe or follow the blog on Facebook or Twitter.

• Staycation program: Customers can earn points in Namco’s Staycation Rewards Program for every purchase they make a retail location. They can then redeem rewards points for pool, entertainment and accessory purchases.

• Deals: Namco’s website includes a clearance section where consumers can find deep discounts on a variety of products. The site also features seasonal deals and sales. Consumers can also see these deals by following Namco’s Facebook page.

• Best for: Namco has products for anyone looking for an above ground pool, patio furniture and accessories and/or game room entertainment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs