3.93/5
Based on 79 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1962, NAMCO began as a family operated business. Now 50 years later they are one of the largest vendors for swimming pools, pool chemicals, patio furniture and more. They provide indoor and outdoor entertainment products with practical prices for your family’s entertainment needs.

NAMCO is a proud member of the (APSP) Association of Pool & Spa Professionals. We look forward to helping you build your dream “Staycation” home. Call us today!

Read More Read More
Last updated: May 23, 2018

386 Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

Namco Pools & Patios was close to my house so I bought a pool and all my chemicals from them. My experience with them was really good and the process was very easy. I was the one who picked up the items and did the installation, and everything was fine. They are a great company to work with. However, the one in the Rocky Hill area need to carry more filters in stock because they ran out in July and we couldn’t find a filter for the whole season.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I recently went into the Springfield, MA store on Boston Road after not visiting it for over a year. I had been previously unimpressed with their customer service and even had to call the corporate office a few times when getting the pool that I had purchased from them installed last year. Recently however, I ran in quickly to buy starter chemicals for the season and I was pleasantly surprised by the service. Everyone in the store was very friendly and helpful and I spoke with Howard, the new store manager for a few minutes as well. He was incredibly professional and I even ended up purchasing a new self-driven vacuum. This store has clearly made drastic changes to their appearance (much cleaner and more organized) and customer service. They have succeeded in winning me over again as a customer.

Original review: May 17, 2018

They claim they stand by their products. My pool lasted 1 summer. It caved in in the Winter. They said I live in the North East and it gets cold. As I drive I see those throw away pools from Walmart and Target still standing. Shame on you Namco. So buyer beware. Go to a local pool dealer. Spend a few dollars more. Cheaper is not better.

Original review: May 17, 2018

A friend of ours got a Namco pool and said the price was reasonable. So, we got the pool and all accompanying accessories from them too. However, we had a little trouble with the financing as far as transparency and charges but after several calls and lots of phone time, it was resolved. The installation team was great. A lot of their sales reps seemed like kids on a part-time job and the woman that we dealt with was nice but rough around the edges. She was not overly accommodating.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I went to Namco Pool & Patio, the one in Manchester, and it’s nothing like it used to be. They used to sell pool tables and lawn stuff. Right now, I'm not satisfied with what they have to offer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

Original review: May 3, 2018

Namco Pools & Patios is right down the street from where I live. I buy chemicals and all my pool supplies there. Interacting with their sales and installation teams has been pretty good. Namco is excellent.

Original review: April 28, 2018

In the beginning, we had a difficult time with Namco Pools & Patios because we received the wrong walls for the pool. We ordered a 52 but then we got a 56. We put it up and we didn't even realize that the walls were wrong until we decided to fill it with water. Nevertheless, the guy who sold us the pool was very nice and tried to help us solve the issue.

The installation was a nightmare because we did it ourselves. We put the siding in and realized that the walls were too high for the pool that we ordered. My husband had to go somewhere to pick up the walls and it was a week after when we finally had our pool together. Nevertheless, there have no problems since then. We have the stuff to make the pool run. We also got a ladder, cleaning tablets and water brightener. We also got a kit wherein we'll have to do something different next year. Namco's people are very pleasant each time we go. Others should just check everything with the pool when they load it into their cars. Make sure that the walls of the pool are in the right kit.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have a ground pool and when I went to Namco they were very gracious and very kind. They helped me with everything I wanted. I used to go to somebody else before but then I ended up staying with Namco for about seven years. I got some chairs at one time. My son got a lot of patio furniture and I got all my chemicals for the summer for the pool. The summer before I had a problem with the pool and they were awesome. They really solved the problem. They were good every time I went back and they would tell me what else I need, what to do and what to look for. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Namco Pools & Patios had a good price for the pool stuff that I was looking for. My purchase went fine and I did the installation myself.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Namco Pools was heavily commercialized during Labor Day weekend. So, I decided to get a pool from them. I also got a filter, a ladder and other things that come with the pool. Interacting with their representatives was quite challenging because the Nashua, New Hampshire branch closed. I dealt with someone from the Auburn Namco branch in Massachusetts. Still, everybody has been kind, helpful and thorough. However, the delivery of all the supplies for my Namco pool was not scheduled and there was no notification. Their delivery people showed up and had 40 or 50 boxes and dropped them off in the garage. While my experience with Namco hasn't been completely smooth and perfect, I recommend them.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased an above ground pool from Namco. The process of getting the pool was easy. However, when their team installed the pool, they did a messy job and my husband had to clean up a lot of their mess. It took them a week to complete the project. Furthermore, right after I bought the pool, it went on sale. I called many times to see if they would adjust my purchase to the sale price but no one ever got back to me and I wasn't happy about that.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We got the pool 12 years ago. We went down in Lawrence to another pool place and we went to the other place in Salem, then we tried Namco and everything seemed to work out good. The price is good and the people were informative, nice and reasonable. My wife goes there and she has a good experience with them.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Namco had a cheaper price on the pool and I get most of my pool chemicals from there. Purchasing was pretty simple. I told them what size I wanted and then went through the options and made the purchase. However, I don’t think their computer systems are making things work, and it's a pain. Getting the install scheduled took longer than originally quoted by the Namco people, so that was frustrating. But the reps were knowledgeable and they went through everything. And then the install guys were quick and got us through the day.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My sister had a pool put in by Namco a few years back, and she said they were reasonable so we gave it a shot. Their prices were better too. Aside from the pool, we got things that go with it that are necessary, like a filter, ladder and pump. Purchasing was chaotic ‘cause my children were with me, but other than that, it was fine. I’m trying to get the installation set up and their facility is under construction right now, but it's been an okay experience so far and I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I wanted to get a pool for my family. I used to work in Leslie’s Pool Supplies when I was a teenager and I always knew Namco was around. Namco was closer to home, and so I bought an 18-foot round pool, which was last year’s model. Initially, I went in the store and I did some research. And I ended up speaking to the store manager. I've gone to the pool place three times that week and then I decided to make my purchase. I bought the pool over this last summer. And I was told I was going to get all help and for any questions, they said to call them and they'd guide me through it. And none of those happened.

I bought the pool right out and did not do payment plans. And then, when it was time to pick everything up, they were missing this and that, so I was upset. I had to make several trips, which was not what I was expecting being that I paid in full. And a store manager helped me, but then she wasn’t available after a while. When I needed help, I called them and I got sarcasm. I reported the person to the store manager. And every time I called, they were too busy to talk to me, and when I showed up at the store, it was the same scenario. I walked out of the store pissed off. Everybody else when I called, it was a hassle. But I dealt with one specific lady who was amazing.

I had problems with my hoses and I went back to the store and the told me that it was what comes with the pool. And they were leaking, too. I ended up paying $1,600 that Namco charged to use their third party for the installation. They came back and checked it out and they kept talking about the hoses. But not once did Namco say they'd exchange them. And I asked them several times if they can you give me new hoses and it never happened. The installation team tried to help, but once they got paid and did their job, they didn’t care. And then when they came it was towards the end of the day and not even the actual owner would come. He just sent his workers to look at the hose and they told me the same exact things that we already discussed.

I'd tell others not to bother going with Namco. I went back and forth. I never owned a pool. So, I bought a saltwater pool, and all they did was give me a piece of paper with instructions, which makes no sense unless you’re dealing with pools. I kept calling and it was very upsetting. I also bought the pool late July. I’m in Connecticut, so I didn’t really get to enjoy the pool that much, and I got all the problems. Namco told us to call a specific company for water to fill up the pool. I paid $275 and they only filled up my pool halfway. It was very upsetting, too. I called and I complained. I have to reopen this pool, too. And I’ve never reopened a pool, but I’m using YouTube. And it would be great if they could help me with the chemicals and the six bags of salt that I got to buy to put in the pool.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My brother bought a pool from Namco two years ago. He had no problems with them so I bought a pool too. The reps talked to me about everything and kept the best plan and pool they could find in the area I have. Namco was really good and I’d use them all the time.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We used to go with the little balloon type pools but we got tired of having them because they're disposable, so we ended up investing to have a pool done professionally. We bought an above the ground pool from Namco because of my disability. The person who sold us the pool was a sweetheart. She was there whenever there was a problem in the beginning when they were still open because we found out they were closing down the New Hampshire store until further notice because of a new management. I am curious though about how the warranty that we paid for would go.

The crew that came out were a great bunch of guys as well. But when I had an issue with the pool, the original person that did it had to have surgery and he retired from doing the job. Namco found someone else who gave me a line and said that he doesn’t touch anybody else's work. So, I had to call back another person to solve the problem and Namco found someone else who did so. Other than that, it has been a good experience with Namco. They get things done professionally. If I knew anyone who would get a pool, I would send them to Namco and tell them to buy there instead of getting the cheap ones.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Namco had giant signs then about their 30% off deal. It seemed like a good time and we bought a pool. The store was nice, things were clean, people were good, knowledgeable and not pushy. I had a very nice experience when I went to the showroom, looked and when I bought it. The woman who worked in the showroom was very knowledgeable. She broke it down very simply and didn’t make it very complicated. I didn’t feel like there was a hidden cost. It made the purchasing experience a lot more agreeable. We bought the pool in the fall and I am going to get a call soon for the installation. So far, everything looks great. The craftsmanship looked like it was good but we’re still waiting to get ours.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I've heard Namco Pools & Patios in the past and they made themselves sound like I know what they were. I’ve got mostly chemicals and cleaners, like chlorine, from them and it was a fine experience. The people in the store were friendly and they have a huge selection and a very big store. I would recommend Namco Pools & Patios.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I bought a pool from Namco about 25 years ago. I usually buy all my pool supplies from them and I also purchased a pool table a few years ago. Their prices are reasonable and their staff is very knowledgeable. Anytime I have a question they answer it. It's a great experience and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My daughter got her pool and pool supplies from Namco. I bought a pool from them as well and it’s supposed to be installed in April. Buying from Namco was very nice. Their salesman was very helpful and very pleasant, too.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I wanted a pool for my kids and I knew about Namco down in Salem. I went in their store and had an easy and seamless purchasing experience. Their sales team was great, very helpful, and knowledgeable. I'm looking forward to hearing from them to do the set up in early spring.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I live in Peabody and Namco Pools & Patios is right there on the corner from me. They've got lower prices and I purchased some chemicals from them. They were very cooperative and I never had a problem with them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Namco was having a special at that time, which was guaranteed lowest price forever, so I bought an above-ground pool from them. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and she did a great job, and the purchasing experience was very quick and easy. However, they said there will be no new installation until April because the ground is frozen up here in Massachusetts. Nevertheless, Namco is a good place and they work best.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We’ve known about Namco for years and we’ve gotten our first pool from them years and years ago. We've also gotten pool supplies, pool covers, chlorine, and a couple of patio sets. I got my lounge chairs, swivel chairs and tables from them and they last. The quality of the stuff is good but their customer service isn’t the greatest. The people are very nice but they have a staffing issue.

There’s always only one person on all the time so if people are coming in through the door and we're trying to do a main purchase it takes time and they have to stop every few minutes to help someone else who could be standing there for half an hour before the guy is free enough to help. At the first Namco we went to the kid had no idea what he was talking about. He didn’t even know what kind of liners came with the pool and he was the only one there. If they're only going to have one person in the store they should make sure that person knows what they’re talking about. A kid who has no experience at all isn’t going to sell them some pools. When doing a major purchase I don’t want someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. It makes me a little wary.

We left and we were going to go to Leslie Pools and then my husband said they were having such a good deal and we went to try a different Namco. The one near us closed so we had to go to Nashua, but the guy was awesome. He knew exactly what he was talking about and he told us what we would need and what we should go with. He’s the reason why we got the pool and he made up for the first guy who was clueless.

We bought the pool early and two months later Namco called and said it was not available so they gave us a different pool. That wasn’t a good start but the installation was awesome and it lasted for almost 15 years. The team was excellent and great. The last pool we ordered from Namco was half-off, which was a really good deal. But from what we heard from other people who had it done the new installation team isn’t great so we’re a little nervous. We got a lifetime warranty and a warranty for the installation in case anything goes wrong so we’re covered all the way around.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Namco Pools & Patios is a big name and it's been around. I've heard they have good quality pools, so I went there. The staff was very helpful. We originally spoke with one person and we had a lot of questions. He figured that maybe somebody else was best for us to speak with, so he asked somebody else to talk to us. We talked to the big guy, the district manager and he worked with us to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. It was good. And so, we bought an above ground pool from them. However, we had some trouble with financing. They told me it was going to be three years interest-free and when I got my first bill, it was two years interest-free so I called them. They eventually got it straightened out and everything was fine now. But when I got my first bill, I was so frustrated. So far, I have told friends about the pool and that I went down to Namco. I said that they worked with me and they made sure we got what we were looking for.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I've been using Namco since I got a home and put a pool in it. They were the closest to where I live and their prices were good. I've bought patio furniture, two pools, and all kinds of chemicals from them and I'm happy with the service I've gotten. Whenever I go in and ask them a question, they tell me what I need, and I go and I do it. But my first pool was put together really badly. I told them that the liner was crooked and they told me that it was just the way that it was. I was stuck looking at the crooked liner for years and it aggravated me like hell. I then had the whole ground surveyed and everything and had my contractor friends come over to make it perfect. I put together a second one myself and it came out a lot better.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We went to a different pool supplier, a local place in town and it was very expensive. We checked out Namco and the prices were considerably cheaper. We could open a charge card there and pay off the pool a little bit each month. We got a 27-foot round pool from Namco. But the first Namco I went into was really bad. It was the one we ended up buying it from and it was the national store. We went in there and the girl took forever to come out and then she just couldn’t be bothered with me.

She was just rude. I was getting information on the pool and she was like, “Look over there.” I’m like, “Okay, do you think that you can show me some information because I have no idea what I’m doing, this is the first step for me.” She said, “Yeah, just go over there, that’s all the paperwork that you can look at.” She was just horrible and I wound up walking out. Then I went back about a week later, walked in, I saw the same girl and I just turned around and walked out. I didn’t want to deal with her again.

I called and I spoke to a manager and he was said, “I’m so sorry. She’s actually not employed here anymore, what can I help you with?” He wound up saying, “Come down I’ll talk to you and everything.” I went down and talked to him and he was really helpful. He walked us through the process, what to get, suggestions, what to do, what not to do, and got the ball rolling and it was fine from there.

They were nice and all but I don’t believe that the pool was level. It’s just a little bit off and depending on who I ask, people are like, “Oh, it’s fine. It doesn’t have to be perfect.” And I’m like, “Well it should be perfect considering I paid a lot of money to have it installed.” I talked to Namco about it and the rep was like, “Oh yeah just email Namco.com.” I never heard back. I did not send the email and I didn’t want to be brushed off like that, to just be like, “Hey, contact Namco.” They hired somebody to install the pool so they should be the one to follow through and find out about why this guy is installing it and not coming back to fix it.

But I do feel like they were really good. Their employees are knowledgeable and they know what they’re doing. They just need to be careful with who they have to install your pool to make sure it’s level. And I talked to a guy across the street who is very, very picky about what he does and he said he went through there and he had nothing but positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had a pool with Namco Pool and Patio 15 years ago and it died after 13 years. I bought another one from them three years ago. They were cheaper than other pool suppliers at the time and the Namco saleslady that I had was nice and very knowledgeable. I’m satisfied with Namco and I’d tell others to go and give them a shot.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Our house came with a pool and we go to Namco to buy our supplies. We then had problems with the pool and we ended up having to buy a new one. We got it from Namco as well, but I did it online and then we stuck with them. They’re more affordable and we used to get a lot of our chemicals from them. We got a pool cover and a vacuum from them. We’ve gone to other pool places but they were extremely more expensive and they don’t do coupons like Namco does.

The buying process was super easy, especially in person. It was also really easy to do online. When I ran into a problem and I called, they were able to help me with no problems. However, there are some employees that aren’t really so knowledgeable. You’ll ask them a question and they don’t really know how to answer. But there was this one girl that was always so nice to us. Her name was Cindy, and she was always been really helpful. Every time that she has given us a rate and recommended something, it always worked out.

She also called us at the end of the summer to remind us that we had a coupon. We were coincidentally closing the pool that day and we needed the chemical, so my husband was going over there anyway and we ended up buying the chemicals without having to pay for them because we have a coupon. Namco is a good company and we haven't had any bad experience with them.

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Namco started as a small, family owned and operated business in the early 1960s. Today, the company has a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse and 19 retail locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and New York. Many items can be purchased online and shipped anywhere.

• Free shipping: Residents of several states in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions receive free delivery when they purchase items at Namco’s online store. The company have several items that are only available online.

• Comparison tool: Interested customers can use the website’s comparison tool for a side-by-side comparison of different pools and their features.

• Blog: Namco’s blog features tips for opening, maintaining and winterizing a pool. It also has recommendations for throwing pool parties, best pool-side reading lists and more. Readers can subscribe or follow the blog on Facebook or Twitter.

• Staycation program: Customers can earn points in Namco’s Staycation Rewards Program for every purchase they make a retail location. They can then redeem rewards points for pool, entertainment and accessory purchases.

• Deals: Namco’s website includes a clearance section where consumers can find deep discounts on a variety of products. The site also features seasonal deals and sales. Consumers can also see these deals by following Namco’s Facebook page.

• Best for: Namco has products for anyone looking for an above ground pool, patio furniture and accessories and/or game room entertainment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs