2. Homeowners
  3. Pool Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

In 1962, NAMCO began as a family operated business. Now 50 years later they are one of the largest vendors for swimming pools, pool chemicals, patio furniture and more. They provide indoor and outdoor entertainment products with practical prices for your family’s entertainment needs.

NAMCO is a proud member of the (APSP) Association of Pool & Spa Professionals. We look forward to helping you build your dream “Staycation” home. Call us today!

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

Original review: June 26, 2020

Purchased an item from their website and no longer was needed. I have been calling their customer service captured from their website at https://www.namcopool.com for the past 2 weeks to try to cancel my order and get my refund however I have not been able to get through. Their mailbox keeps saying that is full. I want to cancel and get my 100% refund and this company is not responsive. Extremely frustrated and disappointed that Namco Pools would take my payment and never respond.

Original review: June 20, 2020

Horrible service. The staff will basically say anything to make a sale! I was guaranteed a pool ladder for my inspection, Conor said I will get you a loaner! No worries. No loaner, no ladder! I got a refund. Liner also broken.

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I ordered a pump and a pool cover from Namco, they charged me and never delivered the products. I emailed them 3 or 4 times with no response. I then called every number I could find, each time I had to give them my number and they said someone will call me back, no one ever called. I deiced to buy the pump somewhere else and get a refund. Well the store near my house will not refund me and when I call the customer service number, they will not refund me either. So I paid almost $500 for merchandise that they never sent me and they will not refund me either. I have an order number, I have an invoice, I have an order confirmation, I have been charged the money, but I have no product and no way to get a refund.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I received above and beyond help at the Manchester Namco location. The employees were quite helpful in assisting me questions and advice. The employees were able to recognize the items I needed to close my pool and get ready for the winter season and helped prepare me to do so.

Original review: July 9, 2019

My pool purchase through Namco has been hands down my worst experience with any purchase through any company. I bought a 30 ft above ground pool through Namco last summer. The sales manager was great and helped me choose the best pool for my family and needs. I had my pool professionally installed and other than having to make 3 trips back to the store for items I'd purchased but were missed in my delivery everything seemed good. At the end of the season I had to return to the store for the pool cover I'd purchased that was forgotten in my delivery. The girl working gave me a pool cover and sold me 2 flat pillows to place in the middle of the pool for closing. I questioned if the cover was adequate size for my pool and also if the pillows would really be sufficient to protect my pool through the winter. We closed the pool exactly as instructed and weighted down the cover which just fit over the edges.

Having never owned a pool I thought everything was good. I got instructions and products from the pool experts right? Within the first 2 storms of the winter the cover, which turned out to be too small, pulled completely into the pool and was so weighted down with snow and rain we were unable to remove it or pull it back over the sides. We cleaned the top as best we could after each storm but early this spring the pool completely fell apart. The post bent under at the footings, the walls folded in in themselves and the liner was completely destroyed. We called Namco at the first sign of a problem and followed the instructions but it was too late. After explaining the damage and what we believed to be the cause Namco agreed to cover the pool parts under warranty but not installation or water fill, (over $3,000).

We were just relieved they were going to help with replacement and were so grateful for their help. My replacement pool was ordered the beginning of April for the first time. It has been reordered 2 more times since and as of today I still do not have my replacement pool. I have spent tons of time making phone calls, sending emails and driving to the store trying to get updates and just communication as to what's going on. At this point I had requested that installation and water fill also be covered for the 3.5 month delay, frustration and very poor communication and customer service. I was told they are not willing to cover installation or water fill but my pool should be delivered next week. Last week I was told it would be here this week! By the time I get my pool, schedule installation and fill I'll be lucky if I have it up by August as I don't dare book install until my pool is actually here.

I have been told at LEAST a half dozen times over the past 3.5 months that my pool "should be in with our delivery next week." I have never been so unimpressed with a company. What's worse the manufacturer is footing the bill when I feel Namco is largely responsible for damaged pool and they are unwilling to compensate for any of their errors, delays or poor customer service. Wait, that's not true. They did offer me a $50 dollar gift card for the inconvenience. What a joke.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I am giving zero stars for this company, I went there yesterday July 4, 2019 to find out what to use to clear up the green around the edges of my pool and I showed the lady which happened to be the manager there what type of pump I have because I have an oxygen generator and she then informed me that I needed to add salt to my pool which didn’t make any sense ‘cause it’s not a salt water pool however she’s supposed to be the professional when it comes to pools so I listened and did what she told me to do which was put 3 40lb bags of salt in the pool which was in fact completely wrong.

She apparently thought the oxygen generator was for salt which it’s not so in the end I now have to replace the oxygen generator which was $400 and empty and refill my pool which is gonna cost a whole lot more money and when I went back to tell her she steered me in the wrong direction. She said, “Oh there’s nothing I can do now.” I WILL NEVER EVER DEAL WITH NAMCO OR RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE EVER!!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I purchased a pool in May and had it installed June 29th. Days without a functioning filter. Initially the installers they contracted with told us it was too wet, they would be in touch. They never called despite dry weather. When I called Namco I was told the installers had called but were told the owners were on vacation which was not true. When I asked for new installers they told me that it would put me to the bottom of the list and to stick with this one, after initially telling me they had put me on the list for a new installer. The installers showed up, put in the pool, set up the filter, and told me they did not know how the salt water filter worked and left. No one along the way in the process advised us of the steps needed in the proper order. Any advice I received from Namco was incorrect or conflicting from who installs a heater to how to properly put the salt in for the first time.

When I initially called to inquire about what could be done I had to call the manager back but he know of my frustration. When I called back, I had to call back several times before anyone answered the phone, and was told he was busy and would call back. When he did not call back towards the end of the day I called again and was initially told he was busy but when I insisted I speak to someone, he got on the phone. He never apologized for not calling back, simply said he had been busy.

When the filter was hooked up to electricity and did not work I called and was told to come in for a tutorial despite paying for installation to include that at my house with my filter. I was told they would "put a ticket in" but could not tell me how soon I would receive any assistance. I called the head of installation and have not received a callback. They falsely advertise an installation service that provides expert guidance and do not place any value on customer service or accountability.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Namco is trying to redefine themselves as a higher end pool store, but they are still Namco. They hire people that not only don't know pools, they don't even know the store. ALWAYS understaffed. There are only prices on about a third of the merchandise, yet when you want to ask a price, there's nobody to ask. Even when you try to pay for merchandise, their computers don't show the prices until you pay and receive a slip. In my opinion, Namco has gotten worse and worse over the years; time to start shopping elsewhere.

Original review: May 31, 2019

After the 1st year I noticed rust. Each year it got worse. After 3 years I replaced the top rail by the ladder. Last year the 6th year I opened to find metal in the bottom of the pool. I had to replace the metal - the metal that goes under the top railing. This year would have been the 8th season, I filled and later that night the pool collapsed, thank GOD no one was hurt. My little granddaughters were in the pool earlier. I am devastated that they would sell such poor quality pools. I wish I could show you the pictures and the damage it did in my yard and to my basement. Because of the rust it is not covered under my homeowners insurance.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have been the owner of three Namco swimming pools in my lifetime over a span of 30 plus years but I would never buy anything from them again. My swimming pool is 8 years old and after the winter my wife noticed a rust hole about the size of your little finger in the side wall of the pool. This caused a small slit in the liner so there was rusty water running down the outside wall of the pool. I did some research online and found out that there was a three year full and thirty year prorated warranty on the pool. I live in Pennsylvania and all of the Namco stores went out of business so I contacted one of the stores in Connecticut. The store manager had me send some pictures of the area and after a few weeks of calling, the store told me that Namco thought it looked like a stone made the hole even though the area wasn't even dented in. The area of the pool with the hole was also under a deck so I know the hole didn't come from a stone.

The store manager gave me a website called mypoolwarranty.com and told me that I needed to go through them to work out the problem. I contacted them and they wanted pictures sent of the area with the hole, the whole pool, and the inlet and skimmer areas so I sent them the pictures. There was a small amount of corrosion below the inlet on the pool wall and according to them, even though that was nowhere near the hole in the side wall, they claim that the warranty was void. As far as I am concerned, this was just Namco's way of getting out of having to pay out any money. So I decided to fix the pool myself.

I drained the pool water below the hole and moved the deck out about four feet so I could take off the caps and top rails in that area in order to separated the liner from the wall. I got a small piece of galvanized sheet metal and I used liquid nail to fasten it to the outer wall. I used some liquid nails on the inside of the wall, patched the liner on both sides and then spray painted the inside and outside of the wall. I used duct tape on the inside of the wall and inside of the liner and put the pool back together. I used some steel wool on the wall at the inlet and spray painted that area as well. I will never buy anything from Namco again and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment author review by ConsumerAffairs

Namco started as a small, family owned and operated business in the early 1960s. Today, the company has a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse and 19 retail locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and New York. Many items can be purchased online and shipped anywhere.

• Free shipping: Residents of several states in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions receive free delivery when they purchase items at Namco’s online store. The company have several items that are only available online.

• Comparison tool: Interested customers can use the website’s comparison tool for a side-by-side comparison of different pools and their features.

• Blog: Namco’s blog features tips for opening, maintaining and winterizing a pool. It also has recommendations for throwing pool parties, best pool-side reading lists and more. Readers can subscribe or follow the blog on Facebook or Twitter.

• Staycation program: Customers can earn points in Namco’s Staycation Rewards Program for every purchase they make a retail location. They can then redeem rewards points for pool, entertainment and accessory purchases.

• Deals: Namco’s website includes a clearance section where consumers can find deep discounts on a variety of products. The site also features seasonal deals and sales. Consumers can also see these deals by following Namco’s Facebook page.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team