3.90/5

Looking for a pool company?

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment

In 1962, NAMCO began as a family operated business. Now 50 years later they are one of the largest vendors for swimming pools, pool chemicals, patio furniture and more. They provide indoor and outdoor entertainment products with practical prices for your family’s entertainment needs.

NAMCO is a proud member of the (APSP) Association of Pool & Spa Professionals. We look forward to helping you build your dream “Staycation” home. Call us today!

View More View More

Looking for a pool company?

432 Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2019

We purchased a large above-ground pool from RH Namco last summer (2018), along with a small deck to go with it, filter (salt-water!), and steps to replace the deck-to-pool ladder included in the package we chose. We were VERY impressed with the Customer Service we received from the company. They made the purchase easy by clear explanation of all components necessary, they tailored our purchase easily and beautifully to suit our specific needs. They took care of arranging delivery, installation, all of it.

We had a couple issues initially with the pool (the liner had a very slow leak, and the steps, which were filled with sand to weigh them down, leaked sand into the pool). They willingly replaced both for us, without delay or too much questioning, and arranged for the installation of the new liner to be done this spring (on them). They explained that a goal of theirs is to focus more on customer service than in the past - rather than just being a supplier of goods, they are working to become more full-service -- and IT SHOWS! Very pleased with their service and with our refreshing and fun new backyard centerpiece!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We went on the computer and started searching pools. We wanted a good quality pool. Namco specializes in it. I like the way they treated us. We went to another one, but I liked Namco better. Their rep showed us the choices we wanted and the upgrade we could get. She showed us different levels of prices so she wasn’t pressuring us to go for the highest-priced one. The installation team was also excellent. They were very professional and they knew what they were doing. The pool has a cover and the winterization. The Namco team has been on the phone with us to get parts if we needed it and every time that we’ve had to call they always tried to help us out.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

There was a pool in my yard when I bought the house and I would go to Namco for certain chemicals and hoses. Namco is local in our area and buying a pool from them was a pleasure. They were very informed and they showed me the product lines. They were extremely knowledgeable about their products. I knew what I was looking for and they stayed with me in the direction of the type of pool I bought. However, I wasn't happy with the installation. I didn’t know what to expect before the installers came out so I drew on the ground where I thought the pool was gonna go. I’m not a pool installer and I didn’t know the exact size of what they’d put in, and they did exactly what I told their main guy not to do.

I have a retainer wall that I was putting up a pool against and when the team came to install, I told the main guy that I don’t want the pool touching the retainer wall ‘cause it makes it hard for me to cover the pool. I’ve had that issue in the past with the previous pool. He said "Yeah," and that he got it. He seemed like a very knowledgeable guy. He and his guys worked very hard. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the installation was finished. When I came home, the pool was touching the wall. I called him and he got belligerent on the phone. He told me to go “f” myself, which were his exact words. I was gonna complain directly to Namco, but I decided to let it go. I knew I could fix it to my satisfaction. So, I cut back some of the concrete on the retainer wall and now I can slide the cover over the edge of the whole thing to get it secured. I also bought a fence for the pool.

I’d buy another pool from Namco, but I’d probably stay there the whole time when I'd get it installed to make sure I'd get exactly what I want. I’d also totally explain what I want. So, I still go to the Namco here and I'm very happy with the people in the store, the manager, and even the owners. They are great and they answer every question I have.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I've been going to Namco in Manchester for a decade and I love my experience all the time. They're awesome. Every time I go, they're on point. I get all my pool stuff from them and the chemicals are perfect. I go in there and I get my own stuff. They let the customer decide for themselves. But if I need their help, they always give me their help. I even bought reindeer from them. I'm so happy with them. What really stands out is their rewards program where every time I spend a certain amount, I get a $25. I love being able to get that and I like that because it's mere showing of customer appreciation.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My sister bought a pool from Namco and it rotted out and then I got the other pool. I could have went with a couple of other people but I decided to go back to Namco. I purchased a pool cover from Namco last Saturday and the girl at the store was a little excited. She showed me what I could get for my points and then I could get a $25 gift certificate but it would take awhile and I could maybe get it for next year.

I bought pool covers before and it lasted a couple of years. I got the 21-foot pool within a year ago, and I really like it. My sister got the 18 pool before and I saw that Namco didn’t have that style anymore. The new pool that we got from Namco has been fine. When I ordered the pool, I asked Namco if the guys were coming but they told me to call a number. But I was not too happy about them. I had to call the warehouse in Connecticut and they said that the pool was coming. They were all mixed up and confused, but in the end, I got everything up for the pool. I'm happy with my experience overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

Original review: July 9, 2019

My pool purchase through Namco has been hands down my worst experience with any purchase through any company. I bought a 30 ft above ground pool through Namco last summer. The sales manager was great and helped me choose the best pool for my family and needs. I had my pool professionally installed and other than having to make 3 trips back to the store for items I'd purchased but were missed in my delivery everything seemed good. At the end of the season I had to return to the store for the pool cover I'd purchased that was forgotten in my delivery. The girl working gave me a pool cover and sold me 2 flat pillows to place in the middle of the pool for closing. I questioned if the cover was adequate size for my pool and also if the pillows would really be sufficient to protect my pool through the winter. We closed the pool exactly as instructed and weighted down the cover which just fit over the edges.

Having never owned a pool I thought everything was good. I got instructions and products from the pool experts right? Within the first 2 storms of the winter the cover, which turned out to be too small, pulled completely into the pool and was so weighted down with snow and rain we were unable to remove it or pull it back over the sides. We cleaned the top as best we could after each storm but early this spring the pool completely fell apart. The post bent under at the footings, the walls folded in in themselves and the liner was completely destroyed. We called Namco at the first sign of a problem and followed the instructions but it was too late. After explaining the damage and what we believed to be the cause Namco agreed to cover the pool parts under warranty but not installation or water fill, (over $3,000).

We were just relieved they were going to help with replacement and were so grateful for their help. My replacement pool was ordered the beginning of April for the first time. It has been reordered 2 more times since and as of today I still do not have my replacement pool. I have spent tons of time making phone calls, sending emails and driving to the store trying to get updates and just communication as to what's going on. At this point I had requested that installation and water fill also be covered for the 3.5 month delay, frustration and very poor communication and customer service. I was told they are not willing to cover installation or water fill but my pool should be delivered next week. Last week I was told it would be here this week! By the time I get my pool, schedule installation and fill I'll be lucky if I have it up by August as I don't dare book install until my pool is actually here.

I have been told at LEAST a half dozen times over the past 3.5 months that my pool "should be in with our delivery next week." I have never been so unimpressed with a company. What's worse the manufacturer is footing the bill when I feel Namco is largely responsible for damaged pool and they are unwilling to compensate for any of their errors, delays or poor customer service. Wait, that's not true. They did offer me a $50 dollar gift card for the inconvenience. What a joke.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I am giving zero stars for this company, I went there yesterday July 4, 2019 to find out what to use to clear up the green around the edges of my pool and I showed the lady which happened to be the manager there what type of pump I have because I have an oxygen generator and she then informed me that I needed to add salt to my pool which didn’t make any sense ‘cause it’s not a salt water pool however she’s supposed to be the professional when it comes to pools so I listened and did what she told me to do which was put 3 40lb bags of salt in the pool which was in fact completely wrong.

She apparently thought the oxygen generator was for salt which it’s not so in the end I now have to replace the oxygen generator which was $400 and empty and refill my pool which is gonna cost a whole lot more money and when I went back to tell her she steered me in the wrong direction. She said, “Oh there’s nothing I can do now.” I WILL NEVER EVER DEAL WITH NAMCO OR RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE EVER!!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I purchased a pool in May and had it installed June 29th. Days without a functioning filter. Initially the installers they contracted with told us it was too wet, they would be in touch. They never called despite dry weather. When I called Namco I was told the installers had called but were told the owners were on vacation which was not true. When I asked for new installers they told me that it would put me to the bottom of the list and to stick with this one, after initially telling me they had put me on the list for a new installer. The installers showed up, put in the pool, set up the filter, and told me they did not know how the salt water filter worked and left. No one along the way in the process advised us of the steps needed in the proper order. Any advice I received from Namco was incorrect or conflicting from who installs a heater to how to properly put the salt in for the first time.

When I initially called to inquire about what could be done I had to call the manager back but he know of my frustration. When I called back, I had to call back several times before anyone answered the phone, and was told he was busy and would call back. When he did not call back towards the end of the day I called again and was initially told he was busy but when I insisted I speak to someone, he got on the phone. He never apologized for not calling back, simply said he had been busy.

When the filter was hooked up to electricity and did not work I called and was told to come in for a tutorial despite paying for installation to include that at my house with my filter. I was told they would "put a ticket in" but could not tell me how soon I would receive any assistance. I called the head of installation and have not received a callback. They falsely advertise an installation service that provides expert guidance and do not place any value on customer service or accountability.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Namco is trying to redefine themselves as a higher end pool store, but they are still Namco. They hire people that not only don't know pools, they don't even know the store. ALWAYS understaffed. There are only prices on about a third of the merchandise, yet when you want to ask a price, there's nobody to ask. Even when you try to pay for merchandise, their computers don't show the prices until you pay and receive a slip. In my opinion, Namco has gotten worse and worse over the years; time to start shopping elsewhere.

Original review: May 31, 2019

After the 1st year I noticed rust. Each year it got worse. After 3 years I replaced the top rail by the ladder. Last year the 6th year I opened to find metal in the bottom of the pool. I had to replace the metal - the metal that goes under the top railing. This year would have been the 8th season, I filled and later that night the pool collapsed, thank GOD no one was hurt. My little granddaughters were in the pool earlier. I am devastated that they would sell such poor quality pools. I wish I could show you the pictures and the damage it did in my yard and to my basement. Because of the rust it is not covered under my homeowners insurance.

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Namco started as a small, family owned and operated business in the early 1960s. Today, the company has a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse and 19 retail locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and New York. Many items can be purchased online and shipped anywhere.

• Free shipping: Residents of several states in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions receive free delivery when they purchase items at Namco’s online store. The company have several items that are only available online.

• Comparison tool: Interested customers can use the website’s comparison tool for a side-by-side comparison of different pools and their features.

• Blog: Namco’s blog features tips for opening, maintaining and winterizing a pool. It also has recommendations for throwing pool parties, best pool-side reading lists and more. Readers can subscribe or follow the blog on Facebook or Twitter.

• Staycation program: Customers can earn points in Namco’s Staycation Rewards Program for every purchase they make a retail location. They can then redeem rewards points for pool, entertainment and accessory purchases.

• Deals: Namco’s website includes a clearance section where consumers can find deep discounts on a variety of products. The site also features seasonal deals and sales. Consumers can also see these deals by following Namco’s Facebook page.

• Best for: Namco has products for anyone looking for an above ground pool, patio furniture and accessories and/or game room entertainment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs