Call toll free
3.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1962, NAMCO began as a family operated business. Now 50 years later they are one of the largest vendors for swimming pools, pool chemicals, patio furniture and more. They provide indoor and outdoor entertainment products with practical prices for your family’s entertainment needs.

NAMCO is a proud member of the (APSP) Association of Pool & Spa Professionals. We look forward to helping you build your dream “Staycation” home. Call us today!

View More View More

416 Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Namco had a sale going on and I saw that it was worthwhile to take a closer look. I decided to go in and I purchased a pool. But there was no information as to how to set up the pool. They did get someone to come in and put it together. But we've never had a pool, so maintenance-wise, it was a little daunting. We also had a little problem last year with the snow. The weight on the top actually made the pool buckle on one side. They said that they would take care of that under the warranty. And it just came in, about five months after I put the claim in. So we didn't have a pool this summer. We had been waiting for the pool wall. They said that their manufacturer was having problems with getting the aluminum. But that turned out to be a lie from what I heard from someone at Namco. So I don't want to deal with Namco anymore.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I found what I wanted from Namco. Their price was fine and they had an end-of-the-season sale so we bought a 24-foot above ground pool from them last year. And, we did our end-of-the-season chemicals with them. Their reps gave me what I needed and wanted, and then they gave me a reference of who can install it. My experience was good. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Namco's pool was half price and they had what we wanted so we bought an 18-foot diameter pool from them. We had a good idea of what we were looking for. What helped us was they had a lot of the pool stuff in their showroom so we could see what we were buying. The purchasing process was easy. We were able to substitute a better liner than what came with the package and they suggested some other things we can buy. I was pleased with my experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

There was a pool in my yard when I bought the house and I would go to Namco for certain chemicals and hoses. Namco is local in our area and buying a pool from them was a pleasure. They were very informed and they showed me the product lines. They were extremely knowledgeable about their products. I knew what I was looking for and they stayed with me in the direction of the type of pool I bought. However, I wasn't happy with the installation. I didn’t know what to expect before the installers came out so I drew on the ground where I thought the pool was gonna go. I’m not a pool installer and I didn’t know the exact size of what they’d put in, and they did exactly what I told their main guy not to do.

I have a retainer wall that I was putting up a pool against and when the team came to install, I told the main guy that I don’t want the pool touching the retainer wall ‘cause it makes it hard for me to cover the pool. I’ve had that issue in the past with the previous pool. He said "Yeah," and that he got it. He seemed like a very knowledgeable guy. He and his guys worked very hard. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the installation was finished. When I came home, the pool was touching the wall. I called him and he got belligerent on the phone. He told me to go “f” myself, which were his exact words. I was gonna complain directly to Namco, but I decided to let it go. I knew I could fix it to my satisfaction. So, I cut back some of the concrete on the retainer wall and now I can slide the cover over the edge of the whole thing to get it secured. I also bought a fence for the pool.

I’d buy another pool from Namco, but I’d probably stay there the whole time when I'd get it installed to make sure I'd get exactly what I want. I’d also totally explain what I want. So, I still go to the Namco here and I'm very happy with the people in the store, the manager, and even the owners. They are great and they answer every question I have.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I bought four pools from Namco in 30 years and I had a very good purchasing experience with them. They were very helpful if I had questions about the pool.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We purchased a 21-foot pool from Namco and everything that goes with it. My wife loves the people there and they're very good. They're also very responsive to the questions and problems. We also go there every year and buy our supplies.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I've been going to Namco in Manchester for a decade and I love my experience all the time. They're awesome. Every time I go, they're on point. I get all my pool stuff from them and the chemicals are perfect. I go in there and I get my own stuff. They let the customer decide for themselves. But if I need their help, they always give me their help. I even bought reindeer from them. I'm so happy with them. What really stands out is their rewards program where every time I spend a certain amount, I get a $25. I love being able to get that and I like that because it's mere showing of customer appreciation.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We’ve bought our pools at Namco for the past 30 years. I’ve bought three pools and all the stuff for it. They have been very good and helpful since they changed names or owners. They had all my receipts on the computer when I forgot them. There has been a little bump on the road but all has seemed to go very nicely. I love the quality of the pool. It cleans up well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My sister bought a pool from Namco and it rotted out and then I got the other pool. I could have went with a couple of other people but I decided to go back to Namco. I purchased a pool cover from Namco last Saturday and the girl at the store was a little excited. She showed me what I could get for my points and then I could get a $25 gift certificate but it would take awhile and I could maybe get it for next year.

I bought pool covers before and it lasted a couple of years. I got the 21-foot pool within a year ago, and I really like it. My sister got the 18 pool before and I saw that Namco didn’t have that style anymore. The new pool that we got from Namco has been fine. When I ordered the pool, I asked Namco if the guys were coming but they told me to call a number. But I was not too happy about them. I had to call the warehouse in Connecticut and they said that the pool was coming. They were all mixed up and confused, but in the end, I got everything up for the pool. I'm happy with my experience overall.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I purchased a pool from Namco and had an excellent experience with their reps. Their guys did the installation and it went smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought a pool from Namco six years ago and a couple of years ago, when we had a really bad winter, the wind destroyed my pool, dented it and pushed it inward. They didn’t do anything to help me on it. It was a mess and they were only offering me some money towards a cheaper pool. I didn’t take it and got rid of my Namco pool. I was not happy and I was very dissatisfied. I researched and got a pool with a lifetime warranty on it. I wasn’t gonna go back to Namco for a pool no matter what I did at that point because they didn’t even wanna replace my liner, which was destroyed. We continued to use the filter system that we had from our Namco pool which was not ruined because it was taken out for the winter. We like the Aqua-Fil system and unfortunately, they’re the only place that supplies any parts for it, so whenever we need anything we have to go to Namco for that.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

After survey installer said I needed to pay an extra 200.00 for excavation. I asked him to move the pool a little and he rudely shrugged me off saying that I should keep it where he outlined. BTW... I have over 7 acres of land. Namco store was no help in resolving the issue.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This is the second summer that I haven't been able to swim in my pool because Namco screwed it up so much. They were a local pool place and right after we bought the whole package for the above ground pool, they went out of business, so there wasn't any customer service. The pool wasn’t set up correctly so I had to have somebody else come in and do that. The pump hasn’t work properly so I also had to have another company come in and try and fix that. The automatic cleaner has never worked, so it’s just been a nightmare. We also bought a pool heater from Namco and it has just been a whole other can of worms.

We messed with the pool all summer last year and we ended up calling another local pool place, but we just closed it up for the winter. We started again this summer trying to get the pool heater hooked up and trying to get the pump to work properly. One of the pieces was leaking and we had to have another part, and then that part hasn’t worked real well either.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We bought a pool and got someone that Namco recommended. The installation was horrendous. After having the pool up for a year and a half, we had to put a new liner in it, and the person that repaired it told us it was installed wrong.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We had to get a pool replacement because our old pool was beginning to rust being up for over 25 years. We used Namco because of their prices and they were wonderful. Their teams were awesome, very friendly, professional, and pleasant. They were nice to talk to, informative, and not pushy. Couldn’t ask for a better experience there. They should keep up the good work and keep the prices. Of course the people there don’t set their prices but they do a fantastic job and they have sold me. I would go back there in the drop of a dime.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My wife found Namco up in Portland and we bought accessories there ‘cause that’s the only pool place we knew of at the time. We went in, found the stuff we needed and bought it, and it was easy. There were a couple different ladies who helped us there and they’ve always been friendly. Namco does what they were designed to do which is to supply us with pool supplies and they do it friendly. They also tested our water before and they know what they’re doing. It’s a fine place and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I bought a pool from Namco. I bought the liner and all my chemicals from them. Anything for my pool, I buy it from there and I like their prices better than Leslie's Pool Supplies, which is a competition. Everybody at Namco is polite when I speak to them. They were helpful in the store. If I need help finding something, someone's more than happy to help me. All their products work. I recommend them.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Namco Pools & Patios is closest to our house and I’ve been going there for a good 20-25 years. I get all my chemicals there as well as all my services as far as with the pool. I also bought my second pool from them 3 years ago. I get the equipment for all the pools from there too. Their people do what they say they’re gonna do and I have no problems with them.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I liked the financing of Namco pools. I got a 24-foot round aboveground pool from them. We told them what we wanted and they knew exactly what it was. Within a day or two after we left the store, they had the pool company, Zack's Pool Service, contact us and I dealt with them directly. The installation went smoothly and their team was excellent. For the price I paid, the pool I got has been very good.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Namco is a local company in my town. I bought a brand-new pool from them, and different chemicals and everything for my pool and hot tub to keep them going. I ordered something from them about a month and a week ago and they made me prepay for it. But I haven’t heard from them. They could at least give me a heads-up call whether the order got there or not. Also, their employees seem to always change, but everybody is always pretty decent and customer service is great.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We've had an above ground pool for almost 50 years. We've replaced the lining in the pool and everything else. Namco used to be in Norwalk, Connecticut and that's how we started going there. Now, we don't like it because it's up in Orange or Milford and it's a long ride for us. We use hoses, chlorine and things like that through Namco. Their service has been very good. I just hope they move closer to us.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Had a positive sales experience when purchasing the pool. We purchased all the start up and winterizing equipment as well from Namco. We followed all the directions, asked the appropriate questions when not sure and had a wonderful two seasons with the pool. And then the water drained this past winter. The Manchester store guaranteed us we had a warranty on the liner if the seam was the reason. Sure enough when we opened the pool the bottom liner was pulled away in two places right on the seam. We took the pictures and sent them with our request to replace the liner, replace the two caps & cover which ripped due to stress. We also requested the pool water be refilled at their expense to requested email address.

We waiting the required 2 weeks to get an answer, when one failed to show up, we called. The email was deleted was the response. What? Why??? Then we called directly to corporate and they told us to resend and wait two weeks, but they would try to expedite. Again with no response we call, they sent an offer to the wrong email address. So they sent it again, the offer was 20% on a new liner. What happened to the warranty? Oh it depreciated over two summers a whopping 80%. My timeline of aggravation starts in April 2018, and today I still have no pool to use. I will be purchasing a new liner (not from Namco) and refilling the pool this week. I could have started this process a month ago, had I known the resolution was not in the warranty. As I now do my research (a little too late) I find the rating in all of CT to be a D- or worse!

Original review: July 5, 2018

My mom referred me to Namco, and they were having a sale at the time I was choosing to purchase a pool. I got a 15-foot above ground pool from them and the purchasing experience was fairly easy. But I had an issue with the ladder that I purchased, and I had to lug it to the store after it was put back together. And I was talking to someone extensively about returning it and picking out another ladder because the quality was bad. I didn’t feel it was worth the money and I wasn’t comfortable with it being safe. When I lugged it all the way back to the store, and after talking to the manager several times, at no point did they tell me that they don’t sell another ladder that is up to code. So, I ended up having to keep that ladder because they were only gonna do an even exchange. They were not gonna return my money. And I drove all the way there. So, I didn’t shop there after that.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We were in the market to purchase a pool, and I liked Namco's quick service. We purchased an above ground pool from them. The Namco people were excellent. They were attentive, and we ran into an issue with the installer and Namco was quick to respond and resolve any conflicts.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Disappointing to say the least... We order a pool. Good price A+ for that. No shipping details, no email to tell us our pool has shipped or when it will be delivered. We have to call and find out . May take up to 3 weeks to process we were told. 3 weeks??? Really??? Didnt take that long. Thank god. So our pool guy comes to start the set up... 1 of the strappings is too short. Oh great! I guess that happens. We drive to our local Namco to see if they have an extra one. Nope! But they say they will order it for us. Ok Good. That was on a Sunday. The next Friday after not seeing anything, we call and they promise us it will be there by Tuesday. Ok. We call our pool guy to have him come Wednesday now.

Tuesday rolls around... nothing! We call again. We are told the part is coming from Canada. We ask for a tracking number. They cant give us one. We call back Thursday, again no tracking number but the lady tells us she will overnight the part from Canada. Wait? You mistake the part was the wrong part and you didnt overnight it to begin with? Shame on you!!! So I'm taking it that the part was never ordered the 1st time. 3 days later we receive it. FROM NEW YORK, NOT CANADA!!! Ok over 2 weeks now we have a pool to get set up but we lost our pool guy to another job.

Now we have to spend a lot more on someone else. Already PISSED as it is. take out the liner... plain blue. NOT WHAT WE ORDERED. After almost an hour on the phone the lady finally gives in to give us the liner that we had originally ordered. Almost a week goes by, nothing. We call again today and we are told it is going to be shipped out today. Why was it not shipped out right away??? WHY ARE YOU NOT TAKING CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! AWFUL AWFUL.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We wanted to have a pool in the house. We got the whole pool with pumps from Namco. They explained everything to me and they answered all the questions that I had. I was very happy with the service from them. People can go over there and they can find whatever they need. However, Namco should have more replacement parts for the pumps because they don't have some of the stuff.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought my pool last year. Got it a week later, then it sat in my garage until the middle of July when it was promised to be installed before the 4th of July. Funny that never happened. Now here I am a year later and mind you I only got to use my pool last year for maybe 3 months, now here we are storing of 2018 my warranty ran out on the motor to my pool on May 30 Labor Day weekend and when I called the Namco store in Springfield the manager told me he would honor the warranty. It would cost me 38 dollars to replace it and it would get replace it with a Hayward motor.

When I got to the store yesterday it was a different story. They want to charge me 38 dollars for someone to look at it and try to fix it. Well lo and behold they are not even set up to repair the motors so one of the guys that work there was taking it home to try and fix it. The bar rings are gone in it. I stood around this store for over an hour to be told that they are not set up to repair them so in my eyes they should honor the motor warranty after all the crap I went through to even get the pool installed. Needless to say I will never deal with Namco again.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I bought a pool from Namco a few years ago and then bought one last year as well. Aside from that, I got some chemicals from them. When I bought the pool, the sales rep was very good but I had a problem with the installation. They forgot to put 22 screws in the top and they didn’t bother putting in the caps. I paid somebody else to come because it's under the deck. I called the installer and told him so he sent me the $25. But it was the aggravation off it. When you put up a pool nowadays, you have to have the pool filter grounded and Namco didn’t go over any of that. Years ago, you didn’t have to do that but now, you have to get an electrician to ground everything. The installers don’t do it and it’s an extra expense but Namco don’t bother telling you that. Fortunately for me when I took down the pool, grounding wires were there and I didn't disrupt them. I just took them off the pool. But other than that, it was fine and the price was good.

I would recommend them but I wouldn't have them put the pool in if I wasn't there. You have to watch the people when they put the installation and you have to check everything. Also, I was having a birthday party on the 21st of June last year and they brought the pool in three days before. I got nervous so, I called them and they were supposed to send me a gift certificate because there was a delay. They never did but that’s okay.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased a whole pool from Namco 30 years ago. Then about 15 years ago, I purchased another pool. And then I purchased a replacement pool wall 4 years ago, which is fine and fair. Their price at the time was a better price than the other pool suppliers. Now, I get mostly pool related products and services from them. I buy the chemicals yearly and I also bought the motors to run the pool. Namco's pricing is really good but you have to do some work on your own to know what you want to be getting and whatever you need.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I moved to an area where they had Namco Pools and Patios. I stopped by two pool companies, Namco and Leslie's, and I checked their prices. Namco was good and they had lower prices than Leslie's. I always look for sales and Namco had more sales on chemicals. I bought a pool table and some chemicals for my swimming pool from Namco. But the place wasn't well run. The sales reps at the store sat around the main desk and didn't help the customers unless they went and found them. When I bought the pool table, an independent company came out and they were fine.

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Namco started as a small, family owned and operated business in the early 1960s. Today, the company has a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse and 19 retail locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and New York. Many items can be purchased online and shipped anywhere.

• Free shipping: Residents of several states in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions receive free delivery when they purchase items at Namco’s online store. The company have several items that are only available online.

• Comparison tool: Interested customers can use the website’s comparison tool for a side-by-side comparison of different pools and their features.

• Blog: Namco’s blog features tips for opening, maintaining and winterizing a pool. It also has recommendations for throwing pool parties, best pool-side reading lists and more. Readers can subscribe or follow the blog on Facebook or Twitter.

• Staycation program: Customers can earn points in Namco’s Staycation Rewards Program for every purchase they make a retail location. They can then redeem rewards points for pool, entertainment and accessory purchases.

• Deals: Namco’s website includes a clearance section where consumers can find deep discounts on a variety of products. The site also features seasonal deals and sales. Consumers can also see these deals by following Namco’s Facebook page.

• Best for: Namco has products for anyone looking for an above ground pool, patio furniture and accessories and/or game room entertainment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs