toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like to shop in Namco because their products are good, they warranty their items, and they treat their customers well. I got an above ground pool and they're going to deliver it in May. When I went in their store, there's always somebody there who can help me find what I'm interested to buy and they also tell me which product is better. They helped me in everything.

This decision to purchase my pool & install through Namco was the biggest mistake of my life. Namco does not manage this process or take any responsibility with the install and does not make you aware of this upfront. The installers pool guru were late and installed my pool without excavating my land. I had to fight with Namco to have it redone causing more delays. Namco had to order a new liner and never Actually ordered causing more delays. I had to manage this process for 4 months. Never would I ever recommend this place to anyone!

While I am satisfied with my in store experience, I do have some issues. Let's start with the good. 1st your sales staff was great to deal with and very informative. They answered all my questions politely. I have since been back for other items. However my issue is with your installer. And there are a few issues with them. 1st of all I am not thrilled about the fact, that myself as the homeowner was told I needed to pull my own permit. I understand paying for it but I feel that should be the contractor's duty. The fact that the contractor basically scammed me out of the extra fee for excavation really bothered me.

I work in the construction field as a heavy equipment operator. He told me he had to remove 9" of material which was a total lie, however for sake of not arguing I told him to go ahead and continue with the job anyway. I gave some specific directions on how I wanted the pool lined up (have an existing deck I wanted pool parallel to). It's not straight and gap looks horrible. While I understand that no liner will be perfect, I feel there are a lot more wrinkles in the floor of my pool than necessary. It was a bit windy the day of install. I feel if I did not pick up the mess as they were installing, there would have been debris all over my neighborhood. I guess in closing what I am saying is that maybe you should look into other installers, who will represent your brand better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Namco was having a sale so I went to their store and purchased a pool including everything that's associated with it like chemicals, pool cover, filter, toys and games. Their sales reps were courteous enough but their knowledge about their products was not up to par. They’re also not always attentive or they don’t have enough employees in the store to help with the people that are there. But I worked with Namco when I was 17 and I knew enough about a pool to know what I wanted so I didn't really need a lot of help. Still, Namco should hire people who know more. They got kids who are 21 years old and under working in there, which is fine, but they should require some kind of training for them. I wouldn’t recommend Namco.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We liked the customer service at Namco Pools & Patios at Orange. We spoke with Robert who seemed to be very knowledgeable, helped us to get the best price, and stuck with any questions that we had throughout the buying and then receiving of the pools. It was a good experience and we’re really enjoying the pool.

I purchased a pool from Namco 2 years ago, it is now rusting. My first complaint is that it took almost 3 months to get a response, and this was only because I contacted the manufacturer. I finally received a response and was told that the corrosion was due to a leak in the output valve and not covered by warranty. It's a pool. Isn't it suppose to be made to withstand these kinds of things. I mean the rust is bad for a 2 year old pool. They did offer to sell me a new pool wall, discounted. NO THANK YOU.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband went to Namco looking for some patio furniture. It was easy to purchase and they said that we would get a credit but we never got that. They also said it would take 10 to 14 business days for delivery but none was delivered after three weeks. It was getting close to when the nice weather was coming so we were going to cancel the order then I was going to go somewhere else to purchase. It was surprising because we called them on a Tuesday afternoon and said that if we don’t have our purchase by Friday then we’re going to cancel the order. Then we got the furniture on Friday so they clearly had it in the warehouse and just didn’t want to bring it. My experience was tainted because of waiting for almost a month and having to call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Purchased my pool in April. Received it in May. I was told the installer would call me within one week of my receiving it. He did not. I called back. They told me he was very busy, I said, "You told me he would call". They gave me his name and number. I called. He said he didn't have a work order. I then went back to store they spoke directly with him. He said I would have pool installed by July 4. July 8 still have not heard from anyone. I call again. They give me customer service number (guess they are tired of me calling the store I purchased from).

Call customer service. They blame me for the installation taking so long. Tell me the head of installation will call me by end of day on Monday. By Wednesday have not heard from anyone. I call back. They repeat that they do not have a work order for me and he is working on it and will get back to me, he is very busy. I purchased my pool in April and it is still sitting in my garage on July 16 and no one is responding to me.

Our Namco pool wore out. Because of their price and the reliability of their pools, we decided to purchase a replacement from them. We made the purchase on the phone through the Southington store and it was very easy. Also, their installation team went right to work, and they knew what they were doing. They talked to me and were very professional. And so, I would recommend Namco Pool and Patio to anybody who is looking for a pool.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very DISSATISFIED with an online order placed 2 weeks ago after a Namco employee encouraged us to use the online system. Customer service has been of no assistance. When given an order number why are they not able to track it?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve purchased a pool from Namco in the past. I was happy with it so I bought another one and this time, I went with an above ground pool. The value of the pool was good. Picking on price versus quality, we went with the one with the higher end pools. The purchasing process went fine but my experience this time has been less than great. I purchased the pool on April 2nd to get it installed early on in the summer but I had issues with getting the pool delivered. I called about a month ago to check on the delivery of the pool. I was told that it would be delivered the following week, that I would get a call that week, and that they would also arrange the install. That week came but nothing happened. There was no call. I called back the following week and received the same story. No call again. I ended up having to get on the phone with customer service and quite a few people to finally get the pool delivered so I could arrange to have the install done.

My goal was to have the pool installed by Memorial day weekend and they got the pool delivered in time. The next part was to have the excavation done on the site but they subcontracted somebody to come in and do the excavation. He totally messed up the site that the pool was sitting on so I had to go in and excavate myself. I have the equipment and I’m capable of doing that but the reason I had paid Namco to do it was because of my time. I ended up having to do it anyway. I also had an expense out of pocket because of the material that I had to have brought in to put into the site, which wouldn’t have been necessary if somebody didn’t tear the site up.

I had been on customer service trying to get this resolved a bit. I was looking for some credit back due to the money I have out of pocket and a bit from my time. But customer service requested that I contact the sub-contractors themselves which is not the right way for me to do it. I didn’t sign a contract with the sub-contractor, I signed a contract with Namco. This is something that’s still in process but I’m less than happy with any results that I’ve received from Namco's customer service.

We have had a problem since the pool installation (they said it would take about 2 days and it took almost 2 weeks). The installer was always late and was talking bad about us to people around the town we live in. I have sent about 10 emails and called at least 12 times and no one responds or calls back. We are first-time pool owners and are very disappointed with the way in which we are being treated. I have asked several times for them to send us a copy of our pool permit so we could have it for our records. No response.

I’ve dealt with the other pool places in the past and they were outrageous. And so now we went with Namco since they’re not that far away. Rick, the sales rep and manager, was great. When I spoke with him, we explained that it was going next to a pre-existing deck and that we needed a buttress-free system. That’s why we picked the pool that we ended up getting. But when we received it, we got the buttresses and so, there was mix-up somewhere. We’ve called them back and forth but they kept patching us through to different places and nobody would ever answer the phone. Then they started dodging us and leaving us on hold forever. We were on hold for 25 minutes so we used another one of our cellphones and called. The other person said, the person that we were waiting for already went home. So, that was a pain.

We just figured that we were going to have to take it as is. And so, I had to go underneath the deck and dig trenches to put these buttresses. I had to rent machinery to compact it and buy stuff for grounds stabilizer to make sure it would hold these buttresses up. Once I installed the buttresses, that next day I came home from work and the parts that we originally needed were here. Before that, my wife had talked to another lady and she told us, they don’t make that style of pool anymore because it collapses. Or because it was a thinner wall and they don’t have it with buttress-free anymore.

We ended up starting to install the pool when all of a sudden, some of the buttress-free parts showed up. So, I tore all that apart and put all the other stuff back together except, we were missing all kinds of stuff. I had to go make 16 plates and had to go buy grade 8 stainless bolts and other stuff that was missing. The packages said that there were 32, but the instruction said we needed 40. And the I open the packages and there’s 31. And a bunch of them said that they were stainless, but they were not. They were just galvanized. I wanted to follow the instructions to a T because it’s 45 tons of water sitting there. I’ve got downhill neighbors so if it ever collapsed, it would waste their house. So, I started going back and forth, getting nuts and bolts and trying to find grade 8 bolts around, that length was a chore.

So, it was a pain, but I guess that’s what you get for installing it yourself instead of having a crew that does it every day. They probably have all the extra parts in their truck. The manager said he was going to send us a $250 voucher to use at the store. So that would make me feel better about the pain that I’ve had but right now, I don’t think I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we bought the house over 20 years ago, we wanted a swimming pool and liked Namco's pricing so we had an above ground swimming pool from them. However, it collapsed so we just bought a new one from them again, and Robert who was sales person was very helpful. Our experience with Namco has been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently had a wonderful positive and most professional experience with Robert. We had a problem with our pool liner. The process to resolve the situation was handled the way any consumer could only dream for! He is a first class man. Here is the problem. The interaction I witnessed with a bully ignorant stupid person was beyond gross... Robert was berated to a new level of degrading a store personnel. This should not happen to anyone anywhere. My experience as a adult has NEVER witnessed this action. Robert should be an example of professional behavior in the workplace. Please extend to your fellow staff Robert is a person outstanding character. He should be an example of professional behavior in the workplace. Again your company should be proud to have him represent NAMCO.

I saw Namco Pools and Patios online and I was planning to do an above the ground pool. But then I changed my mind so I didn't purchase. Nonetheless, I had good interactions with their sales team and they're very knowledgeable and provided good service. It was a good experience and I was very satisfied.

I'm happy with Namco. When I first purchased our first pool 15 years ago, it was a good price and deal. However, I'm far away from them so I get some of the locally. Sometimes Namco stores could have more supplies in there because I don’t think they stock enough. But the people usually are helpful though I did have a bad experience a few years ago with a person that didn't really care so I'm sure they're hopefully not there anymore. Overall, I'm satisfied with Namco.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife grew up on the street that we live, a few houses down, and they had an in-ground pool their whole life. However, the house is going to be sold because her parents are elderly now and we don't have use of the pool. We also have one of those small iTech pools for the grandkids for the last few years, and we decided to get a little bit bigger one. Namco is one of the three places in town and they also install the product. We have ordered and set up a contract with them and it should be delivered tomorrow. It was an easy process and the salesman was really helpful. He didn't try to oversell us and gave us options if we wanted to conserve. They were courteous and able to answer all of our questions. It was cost-effective and our experience with them has been pleasant so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My little daughter got surgery last year and she was asking me for a pool. So I promised her for this year that I'm going to get one for her. I was asking for pools at Namco and the sales rep started giving me options and recommendations and I chose the one that I felt was best for me and my family. The sales rep was great and the pool is going to come at the end of this month.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've always wanted a pool and my husband finally agreed to get one so, I ran right out and got one before he changed his mind. I went to the Namco Pools in Southington and the rep was really nice. He sat down with me and we went through all the stuff. Then, the installation was very nice and professional. They were done in a day and I had no problems. The guy came back, gave us free pool school and taught us how to do everything. Also, I go to Namco in Rocky Hill a lot because I get all my supplies there. The woman who might be the manager is so nice over there. She seems to know everything so, whenever I have a question, that's where I go. I would highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales rep at Namco is really nice and she explained everything to us and made us understand everything. We felt comfortable with the associate and she was really good. That made our decision a lot easier to go with them. We bought a pool and it was excellent. We thought it was a fair price and they're supposed to install it in May. It was a good experience all around. I would definitely go back there because of the associate.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Namco always has great deals that I always see in the papers and we were constantly looking at Namco flyers so we chose them. We were looking at the 18x52 pool and they didn't have it in stock but they had a special going on and it was the same price as the 21 so we got the 21. The salesperson Gianna was great. She explained everything to us and went over everything. She also made sure we got what we needed. It was a very easy process and it was a great experience. I won't mind doing business with them again.

We bought our last pool from Namco, which we have used for more than 26 years. We purchased from them again. We haven’t had much of an experience yet because we haven’t got the pool. It won’t go out until the beginning of April. We went in, told them what we were looking for and they showed us what they had, and then we made a decision. Our new pool has a good deal and it checked all the boxes that we wanted. We decided to put another one in because it had been several years and the last one was old. We always bought replacement liners when we needed them and we’ve always had good luck with Namco.

The previous pool owner bought the pool at Namco. It rusted out so we went back to the same store and got another above-ground pool. Everything went well with the purchase. The only thing was we purchased a wall thing on the base that is supposed to go on the edge of the pool. When the installer came, I asked if it was really important or not, and he told me it’s more of a personal preference. We paid for it, but the installer said it wasn’t included and the project has already started. I asked my dad but he didn’t want to stop the guy from doing the pool over that type of thing. The older pool didn’t have it but when we talked to the guy at Namco, he said it’s a good thing to have because it goes around so we won’t have holes or whatnot on the floor. Other than that, the pool installation was good.

Our pool got torn down during the last blizzard we had, so I decided to look online to see what kind of deals I could get. Namco was considerably cheaper and the person who sold the pool to me was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. I have a couple more payments left, and then after that, we'll set up a date for the installation. I hope I have great experience as far as them setting up the pool, too. My experience with them was great.

I went to Namco before. It’s been a while since I bought my last pool but I like the reputation of Namco. That’s why I went back and purchased a swimming pool from them when it was time for another one. I went in there, saw the pool that I wanted and bought it. The quality of Namco products is excellent. Overall, my experience was spectacular.

Namco was the most well-known distributor in the area. I wanted to get an above-ground pool for the family. The rep in the store was very helpful. It went pretty smoothly. It hasn’t been installed yet because we are waiting for things to thaw out and then schedule it. I just had to go back for pool alarms, something that I didn’t realize I needed initially to pull the permit.

I had the perception that Namco had affordable and reasonable prices so we purchased an above-ground, 18-foot pool from them. There was also a promotion on that size at the time that we were looking to make the purchase. The purchasing experience was mostly positive. I had some great conversations with the salesmen. We did everything over the phone and for the most part, the process seemed pretty straightforward. We live quite a distance away, so it was really helpful that the salesman did work with us over the phone and some things via email. And they also arranged for the installer to come and assemble the pool. We still get a foot of snow so we are looking to have the pool installed in May.

The only part that I’m uncomfortable or hesitant on at this point is that we purchased the pool with a card and we’re already making payments on it. But I don’t have any product here. We did the purchase in February and he said that a couple of things would be shipped to us. It was a pretty big purchase and I’m not sure what will arrive when. He may have given that to me and I may be spacing out, but I don’t recall that there was a specific date. I would feel slightly less anxious when all the items arrive. I’m probably out of my mind that I bought a pool I never even looked at. I guess I have a lot of faith in Namco’s products. But I would follow-up if I don’t see anything by the 1st of April.

Hi Alice,

Please rest easy knowing you're in good hands at Namco. We will reach out to your installation company and have them contact you.

You can always shop with us online at namcopool.com if the Colonie store is too far for you!

Original review: March 21, 2017

We’re at our third pool from Namco. We have a signed contract and it’s paid for but we haven’t heard anything for the installation. In the past, we put up our own pool. This is gonna be our first experience of having them put it up. We’re a little nervous but we’ll wait and see how it goes. The only disappointment I had was that Namco closed their Latham store and it was actually a bit further out for us to go because we’re not from that area. They changed location, and the store that we went to for the third pool was almost like an empty room. There were just four or five pool setups and two people that was there were not getting their pools going and busy.

But at the Latham store, their shelves were full and ready to go for summer and there were people that were getting things going and working towards their spring line. We used to go there to buy our supplies, and now we won’t because it was not feasible to drive three hours to pick up chlorine and have our water checked. Other than that, we’ve never had a bad experience with Namco and I’m very pleased with the product.

We bought an above ground pool and deck from Namco. The other place got a great product but it has an outrageous price. I compared prices and there was a big difference so the pricing of Namco was good. And Namco had one product that was on layaway and then we realized that the pool was actually gonna be too big for the yard. It would've been a really good deal though.

Namco had a catchy place. We ended up purchasing the same day. I liked the way their rep was talking to me. I felt comfortable. I don't like to feel pressured when I'm purchasing something, she was really good and flexible too. I was told that we might have a problem because we have a marshland behind the house and the ground tends to be wet. So the pool that she was gonna sell us was an all steel one. And I was more worried about problems with rusting. I told her, "Then I'm gonna go with the newer style with all aluminum." And she was like, "Oh, yeah. That's why I reserved both of them. I just figured that way you can talk to the town and figure out which best gonna work for you."

I also told her that the building inspector in our town is really tough and I was surprised when I went over everything with him. The only thing he was really stringent on was staying away from the property line and keeping the pool close to the house because of the wetlands. When I told her about that, she was like, "Well, I want you to get all the information you need and then I'll hold these pools." That's why I told my wife, "I thought it was one of those things that will give you sleepless nights, but it wasn't at all." She was really good to deal with. But this other guy, he called us afterwards, and he was like almost mad. Like, he spent the time with us and we weren't buying the floor. I hate that.

The pools have come a long way since I bought one for my father years ago and that was just basically a pool. There are so much choices I have to pick from with the filtration systems and the way they're built. They do a lot more nowadays and it was very good. They haven't installed anything yet but I hope that the experience of buying it is the same as installation and everything else.

At that time, my kids wanted a pool and it was close to the summer. We recently moved to this house and it has a really big yard. We have space for the pool and so we used Namco Pools & Patios. It was a recommendation from some friends. And from my understanding, they do everything and come to the house. We asked them about that when we went to buy.

When I called and made an appointment with the installation company, they told me that I have to go to the city and do things. If they told me about that, I wouldn’t have paid the installation, and they just made it hard for me. I really have no time. I work, I have kids, and my husband works as well. Then just for that form, they were charging almost $1,000 or a little bit more on top. So it's not cheap and they should've at least told me. I told them that I would think about it and see what I can do. Because I'm not the type of person that’s gonna be running in all offices. They close like 4:00 or 5:00 and I don’t get out of work until 6:00. My husband is a truck driver so we had no schedule. It was just horrible.

So then I have to go to another company and canceled the installation with them. By then I want to return the whole system. We don’t have everything set up yet and the materials are still in the boxes because I wasn’t able to get all the papers that they asked me to do. They said that if I return, they will give me 50%. That’s their policy and that’s how they work. For me, it doesn’t make sense. There's always a return policy with anything that one buys. So I'm losing all that money and that's crazy. Then they told me that I can sell that to someone else.

We went to another place but it was a little bit more expensive. Now I know why. That company would do everything. All I have to worry about is just be home. I don’t mind paying a couple more hundred. I wanna be just nice and comfortable sitting in the pool. We were really disappointed. I was very dissatisfied and will not recommend them.

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Company Profile