Call toll free
3.24/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1962, NAMCO began as a family operated business. Now 50 years later they are one of the largest vendors for swimming pools, pool chemicals, patio furniture and more. They provide indoor and outdoor entertainment products with practical prices for your family’s entertainment needs.

NAMCO is a proud member of the (APSP) Association of Pool & Spa Professionals. We look forward to helping you build your dream “Staycation” home. Call us today!

View More View More

429 Namco Pool & Patio Equipment Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2019

We purchased a large above-ground pool from RH Namco last summer (2018), along with a small deck to go with it, filter (salt-water!), and steps to replace the deck-to-pool ladder included in the package we chose. We were VERY impressed with the Customer Service we received from the company. They made the purchase easy by clear explanation of all components necessary, they tailored our purchase easily and beautifully to suit our specific needs. They took care of arranging delivery, installation, all of it.

We had a couple issues initially with the pool (the liner had a very slow leak, and the steps, which were filled with sand to weigh them down, leaked sand into the pool). They willingly replaced both for us, without delay or too much questioning, and arranged for the installation of the new liner to be done this spring (on them). They explained that a goal of theirs is to focus more on customer service than in the past - rather than just being a supplier of goods, they are working to become more full-service -- and IT SHOWS! Very pleased with their service and with our refreshing and fun new backyard centerpiece!

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We went on the computer and started searching pools. We wanted a good quality pool. Namco specializes in it. I like the way they treated us. We went to another one, but I liked Namco better. Their rep showed us the choices we wanted and the upgrade we could get. She showed us different levels of prices so she wasn’t pressuring us to go for the highest-priced one. The installation team was also excellent. They were very professional and they knew what they were doing. The pool has a cover and the winterization. The Namco team has been on the phone with us to get parts if we needed it and every time that we’ve had to call they always tried to help us out.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

There was a pool in my yard when I bought the house and I would go to Namco for certain chemicals and hoses. Namco is local in our area and buying a pool from them was a pleasure. They were very informed and they showed me the product lines. They were extremely knowledgeable about their products. I knew what I was looking for and they stayed with me in the direction of the type of pool I bought. However, I wasn't happy with the installation. I didn’t know what to expect before the installers came out so I drew on the ground where I thought the pool was gonna go. I’m not a pool installer and I didn’t know the exact size of what they’d put in, and they did exactly what I told their main guy not to do.

I have a retainer wall that I was putting up a pool against and when the team came to install, I told the main guy that I don’t want the pool touching the retainer wall ‘cause it makes it hard for me to cover the pool. I’ve had that issue in the past with the previous pool. He said "Yeah," and that he got it. He seemed like a very knowledgeable guy. He and his guys worked very hard. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the installation was finished. When I came home, the pool was touching the wall. I called him and he got belligerent on the phone. He told me to go “f” myself, which were his exact words. I was gonna complain directly to Namco, but I decided to let it go. I knew I could fix it to my satisfaction. So, I cut back some of the concrete on the retainer wall and now I can slide the cover over the edge of the whole thing to get it secured. I also bought a fence for the pool.

I’d buy another pool from Namco, but I’d probably stay there the whole time when I'd get it installed to make sure I'd get exactly what I want. I’d also totally explain what I want. So, I still go to the Namco here and I'm very happy with the people in the store, the manager, and even the owners. They are great and they answer every question I have.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I've been going to Namco in Manchester for a decade and I love my experience all the time. They're awesome. Every time I go, they're on point. I get all my pool stuff from them and the chemicals are perfect. I go in there and I get my own stuff. They let the customer decide for themselves. But if I need their help, they always give me their help. I even bought reindeer from them. I'm so happy with them. What really stands out is their rewards program where every time I spend a certain amount, I get a $25. I love being able to get that and I like that because it's mere showing of customer appreciation.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My sister bought a pool from Namco and it rotted out and then I got the other pool. I could have went with a couple of other people but I decided to go back to Namco. I purchased a pool cover from Namco last Saturday and the girl at the store was a little excited. She showed me what I could get for my points and then I could get a $25 gift certificate but it would take awhile and I could maybe get it for next year.

I bought pool covers before and it lasted a couple of years. I got the 21-foot pool within a year ago, and I really like it. My sister got the 18 pool before and I saw that Namco didn’t have that style anymore. The new pool that we got from Namco has been fine. When I ordered the pool, I asked Namco if the guys were coming but they told me to call a number. But I was not too happy about them. I had to call the warehouse in Connecticut and they said that the pool was coming. They were all mixed up and confused, but in the end, I got everything up for the pool. I'm happy with my experience overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namco Pool & Patio Equipment?

Original review: June 12, 2019

Namco is trying to redefine themselves as a higher end pool store, but they are still Namco. They hire people that not only don't know pools, they don't even know the store. ALWAYS understaffed. There are only prices on about a third of the merchandise, yet when you want to ask a price, there's nobody to ask. Even when you try to pay for merchandise, their computers don't show the prices until you pay and receive a slip. In my opinion, Namco has gotten worse and worse over the years; time to start shopping elsewhere.

Original review: May 31, 2019

After the 1st year I noticed rust. Each year it got worse. After 3 years I replaced the top rail by the ladder. Last year the 6th year I opened to find metal in the bottom of the pool. I had to replace the metal - the metal that goes under the top railing. This year would have been the 8th season, I filled and later that night the pool collapsed, thank GOD no one was hurt. My little granddaughters were in the pool earlier. I am devastated that they would sell such poor quality pools. I wish I could show you the pictures and the damage it did in my yard and to my basement. Because of the rust it is not covered under my homeowners insurance.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have been the owner of three Namco swimming pools in my lifetime over a span of 30 plus years but I would never buy anything from them again. My swimming pool is 8 years old and after the winter my wife noticed a rust hole about the size of your little finger in the side wall of the pool. This caused a small slit in the liner so there was rusty water running down the outside wall of the pool. I did some research online and found out that there was a three year full and thirty year prorated warranty on the pool. I live in Pennsylvania and all of the Namco stores went out of business so I contacted one of the stores in Connecticut. The store manager had me send some pictures of the area and after a few weeks of calling, the store told me that Namco thought it looked like a stone made the hole even though the area wasn't even dented in. The area of the pool with the hole was also under a deck so I know the hole didn't come from a stone.

The store manager gave me a website called mypoolwarranty.com and told me that I needed to go through them to work out the problem. I contacted them and they wanted pictures sent of the area with the hole, the whole pool, and the inlet and skimmer areas so I sent them the pictures. There was a small amount of corrosion below the inlet on the pool wall and according to them, even though that was nowhere near the hole in the side wall, they claim that the warranty was void. As far as I am concerned, this was just Namco's way of getting out of having to pay out any money. So I decided to fix the pool myself.

I drained the pool water below the hole and moved the deck out about four feet so I could take off the caps and top rails in that area in order to separated the liner from the wall. I got a small piece of galvanized sheet metal and I used liquid nail to fasten it to the outer wall. I used some liquid nails on the inside of the wall, patched the liner on both sides and then spray painted the inside and outside of the wall. I used duct tape on the inside of the wall and inside of the liner and put the pool back together. I used some steel wool on the wall at the inlet and spray painted that area as well. I will never buy anything from Namco again and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

Original review: May 1, 2019

Namco sold us a supposed saltwater pool and all equipment, 4 years ago. Turns out the pool was not a saltwater pool and started rusting at a rapid rate after the first 2 years. When we complained to the Somerset, Ma store manager, Lisa, told us they had many people with the same problem, and that she would help us. However, after avoiding my phone calls asking the status, we were quickly discarded to deal with corporate headquarters. After months of dealing with corporate and countless calls, and emails with multitudes of pictures showing the severe corrosion and how compromised our pool had become, they said the best they could do was offer us replacement parts at prorated warranty price. Leaving us no choice, we moved forward with placing an order at the end of last year for over $1000. of replacement parts. We paid them.

Until today, we have been chasing them around now 6 months, and we still have not received our parts nor can we get a straight answer as to what the heck the hold up is. We have gotten so many ridiculous excuses, from “the manufacturer was closed for a month in Nov.”, “they won’t ship to us until they have a full truckload”, “it’s here at our warehouse and the order needs to be packaged and sent out”, and so on. Two weeks ago, after leaving several messages, I received a call from the person (Sherie) I had been working with all this time saying they were packing it on Patriots Day and sending it on FedEx and she would call me with a tracking number...never got a call.

Just this Monday I was finally able to get hold of a real human being...Karen...who told me Sherie (who I’d been dealing with all this time) was no longer with the company. Karen looked up my information and said she was going to send an email to the warehouse. I made her promise to call me back, she said she would. Did not call me back, so today, I had to leave her a voicemail asking for an update. She called me back and left me a voicemail asking if it was a parts order I was looking for and for me to call her. Seriously? We just spoke Monday...I gave her the details. She put me on hold and supposedly went to look up the order...how does someone leave me a message like that.

I was expecting her to have left me a voicemail with the order status and a tracking number, not asking me again what the order was for. I HAVE BEEN WAITING 6 MONTHS FOR THIS ORDER! How does this company even stay afloat? If this issue is not resolved soon, I will be calling the TV station that helps people get resolution to their problems when they get taken by companies. I really think they should do an investigative report on Namco so people are aware of the shortcomings of this company. I’m so tired of this company giving me the runaround. My advice...stay clear of them! Unless you are as patient as I have been and as gullible to believe all the excuses as I was.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We used Namco a long time ago. This time around, we bought a pool from them. I liked working with them. Since we had a pool before, my husband and I knew what we wanted going in, so I didn't have any problems at all and everything went well. The installers they had were also fine. Namco is good. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I ordered my pool and paid for it July 28th 2017. It was delivered April of 2018. The installation was not done to my satisfaction, they had garbage all over my yard. It was not placed where we asked them to, spoke with the local store and corporate. They had the installers come out again, nothing was changed. When purchasing the pool I told the manager I wanted to purchase everything to start up the pool, solar heater, solar cover, skimmer, everything. I did not get all items, no vacuum, no skimmer, I had to return to the store 5 times to get everything I needed. The people at the local store were very helpful. But my overall experience was not.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I've been working with Namco for the past 14 years. My pool company provides labor and installation services, and the products like the pools and spas come from the store. Their products are okay. I've had no issues with any of them, but when we do, the company normally takes care of the customers with no issues. I like Namco. They were going downhill the past couple of years, but I saw that they are having a lot of improvements this year.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I bought a pool with accessories and chemicals from Namco. The person that sold me the pool was very knowledgeable and friendly but that individual no longer works at Namco. The store has all new people in it and some of those I interact with are friendly and know the product. But some others don’t know the product. Other than that, I've never had an issue purchasing from Namco. Every time I go in there, it seems well-stocked.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I’d been going to Namco for years. They usually have everything and we can just go in and pick what we need. Plus their prices are usually a little bit better than the other pool companies. Then we didn’t go for quite some time, and when we went back this summer, they were terrible. There was a lack of help, too many people and not enough staff. We would be working with someone, and then somebody would come up and they would walk off. We were waiting for a brand new pool filter, and we needed a few things. We were there for an hour to get the filter. They knew what we needed but we couldn’t get anybody to go back and get it. It was totally chaotic. We walked out without it and paid a few hundred dollars more somewhere else ‘cause I wasn’t gonna put up with that anymore.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I've been using Namco for years but I stopped using them this year. I got a pool solar cover from them and it works fine, but they messed up my pool too badly. Their testing wasn’t correct so I had to go elsewhere. I spent lots of money on chemicals that were messing it up more than helping it. Also, in the past years, Namco's team has been awful. I’d go buy cases of chemicals and nobody would ever help me out. I’d have to get it out to the parking lot myself and there was nobody ever in the store, which is another reason I stopped using them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I had a really good experience with Namco. I've been using them for five years and purchasing from them has been easy. They have more in stock and more patio furniture. I bought a lot of patio furniture, a pool liner, and some pool supplies. Namco's reps were good guys, too.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Namco had a sale going on and I saw that it was worthwhile to take a closer look. I decided to go in and I purchased a pool. But there was no information as to how to set up the pool. They did get someone to come in and put it together. But we've never had a pool, so maintenance-wise, it was a little daunting. We also had a little problem last year with the snow. The weight on the top actually made the pool buckle on one side. They said that they would take care of that under the warranty. And it just came in, about five months after I put the claim in. So we didn't have a pool this summer. We had been waiting for the pool wall. They said that their manufacturer was having problems with getting the aluminum. But that turned out to be a lie from what I heard from someone at Namco. So I don't want to deal with Namco anymore.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I found what I wanted from Namco. Their price was fine and they had an end-of-the-season sale so we bought a 24-foot above ground pool from them last year. And, we did our end-of-the-season chemicals with them. Their reps gave me what I needed and wanted, and then they gave me a reference of who can install it. My experience was good. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Namco's pool was half price and they had what we wanted so we bought an 18-foot diameter pool from them. We had a good idea of what we were looking for. What helped us was they had a lot of the pool stuff in their showroom so we could see what we were buying. The purchasing process was easy. We were able to substitute a better liner than what came with the package and they suggested some other things we can buy. I was pleased with my experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I bought four pools from Namco in 30 years and I had a very good purchasing experience with them. They were very helpful if I had questions about the pool.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We purchased a 21-foot pool from Namco and everything that goes with it. My wife loves the people there and they're very good. They're also very responsive to the questions and problems. We also go there every year and buy our supplies.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We’ve bought our pools at Namco for the past 30 years. I’ve bought three pools and all the stuff for it. They have been very good and helpful since they changed names or owners. They had all my receipts on the computer when I forgot them. There has been a little bump on the road but all has seemed to go very nicely. I love the quality of the pool. It cleans up well.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I purchased a pool from Namco and had an excellent experience with their reps. Their guys did the installation and it went smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought a pool from Namco six years ago and a couple of years ago, when we had a really bad winter, the wind destroyed my pool, dented it and pushed it inward. They didn’t do anything to help me on it. It was a mess and they were only offering me some money towards a cheaper pool. I didn’t take it and got rid of my Namco pool. I was not happy and I was very dissatisfied. I researched and got a pool with a lifetime warranty on it. I wasn’t gonna go back to Namco for a pool no matter what I did at that point because they didn’t even wanna replace my liner, which was destroyed. We continued to use the filter system that we had from our Namco pool which was not ruined because it was taken out for the winter. We like the Aqua-Fil system and unfortunately, they’re the only place that supplies any parts for it, so whenever we need anything we have to go to Namco for that.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

After survey installer said I needed to pay an extra 200.00 for excavation. I asked him to move the pool a little and he rudely shrugged me off saying that I should keep it where he outlined. BTW... I have over 7 acres of land. Namco store was no help in resolving the issue.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This is the second summer that I haven't been able to swim in my pool because Namco screwed it up so much. They were a local pool place and right after we bought the whole package for the above ground pool, they went out of business, so there wasn't any customer service. The pool wasn’t set up correctly so I had to have somebody else come in and do that. The pump hasn’t work properly so I also had to have another company come in and try and fix that. The automatic cleaner has never worked, so it’s just been a nightmare. We also bought a pool heater from Namco and it has just been a whole other can of worms.

We messed with the pool all summer last year and we ended up calling another local pool place, but we just closed it up for the winter. We started again this summer trying to get the pool heater hooked up and trying to get the pump to work properly. One of the pieces was leaking and we had to have another part, and then that part hasn’t worked real well either.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We bought a pool and got someone that Namco recommended. The installation was horrendous. After having the pool up for a year and a half, we had to put a new liner in it, and the person that repaired it told us it was installed wrong.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We had to get a pool replacement because our old pool was beginning to rust being up for over 25 years. We used Namco because of their prices and they were wonderful. Their teams were awesome, very friendly, professional, and pleasant. They were nice to talk to, informative, and not pushy. Couldn’t ask for a better experience there. They should keep up the good work and keep the prices. Of course the people there don’t set their prices but they do a fantastic job and they have sold me. I would go back there in the drop of a dime.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My wife found Namco up in Portland and we bought accessories there ‘cause that’s the only pool place we knew of at the time. We went in, found the stuff we needed and bought it, and it was easy. There were a couple different ladies who helped us there and they’ve always been friendly. Namco does what they were designed to do which is to supply us with pool supplies and they do it friendly. They also tested our water before and they know what they’re doing. It’s a fine place and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I bought a pool from Namco. I bought the liner and all my chemicals from them. Anything for my pool, I buy it from there and I like their prices better than Leslie's Pool Supplies, which is a competition. Everybody at Namco is polite when I speak to them. They were helpful in the store. If I need help finding something, someone's more than happy to help me. All their products work. I recommend them.

Namco Pool & Patio Equipment expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Namco started as a small, family owned and operated business in the early 1960s. Today, the company has a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse and 19 retail locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and New York. Many items can be purchased online and shipped anywhere.

• Free shipping: Residents of several states in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions receive free delivery when they purchase items at Namco’s online store. The company have several items that are only available online.

• Comparison tool: Interested customers can use the website’s comparison tool for a side-by-side comparison of different pools and their features.

• Blog: Namco’s blog features tips for opening, maintaining and winterizing a pool. It also has recommendations for throwing pool parties, best pool-side reading lists and more. Readers can subscribe or follow the blog on Facebook or Twitter.

• Staycation program: Customers can earn points in Namco’s Staycation Rewards Program for every purchase they make a retail location. They can then redeem rewards points for pool, entertainment and accessory purchases.

• Deals: Namco’s website includes a clearance section where consumers can find deep discounts on a variety of products. The site also features seasonal deals and sales. Consumers can also see these deals by following Namco’s Facebook page.

• Best for: Namco has products for anyone looking for an above ground pool, patio furniture and accessories and/or game room entertainment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs