2. Homeowners
  3. Pool Companies

1.9/5 (43 ratings)

About Kayak Pools

Kayak Pools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kayak Pools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kayak Pools?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Our Kayak pool was installed four months late and then after having it for two weeks the jet broke. We are now over a month out with service only excuses on why they are delayed fixing our pool. We are unable to use the pool, unable to run the water, which is turning green and unable to close the pool for winter. We have called and are told to send an email, the emails are returned with a new excuse as to why they can't come and fix pool and no one is able to provide an ETA. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I wouldn't recommend Kayak/Beauty pools to no one!!!! Won't answer, Won't return messages, dropped pool off promising install within a week, 4 weeks later installer comes, tears up my yard, says it's too wet he'd return later in day! Took all tools and called 2 days later to inform me he's not doing it because my yard is clay lol. Asked him to inform Kayak/Beauty Pools hoping they'd resolve it, he says that's my problem and hung up!!! Still no response from Company.

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I filled out a form online because I am getting quotes for a pool installation. They returned my phone call and basically told me I couldn't have the appointment without my husband. Like I'm not capable of asking questions and getting a quote on my own. Even when I assured her that my husband would NOT have any questions she still insisted. It was sexist and insulting. I ended the call without setting up a consultation.

Original review: June 29, 2021

We didn’t even get past the “virtual” appointment we were supposed to have. First of all, it was scheduled to start at 8 pm, and we were given the caveat that they -could- call up to 30 minutes early if they finished their preceding appointment early. The first thing the woman says to me after I answer is “wow, you sound tired.” She then proceeds to give us a “rough estimate” of $35k without even asking about what features we want or anything. Then, can we put 20% down?? I said, “Well that’s obviously going to depend on the size of the pool we go with.” She then said “1-2 grand, is that a doable down payment?” I said, “yes, but that’s not 20% of the cost you gave me.”

I proceed to ask about traditional liner pools and fiberglass, to which I get the response that their pools are much superior to those. (Obviously based on all the glowing reviews). THEN, I begin asking her questions, which is the point of this entire call, and she says “Ok calm down!” Then, she asks if we will be handling our own backfilling. I said “No, that’s why I’m calling you. If that were the case we would put in our own damn pool.”

In no way was this “salesperson” even remotely friendly OR helpful. Nor was the the slightest bit professional. She would have rather been doing something else and that’s fine, but don’t insult my intelligence by telling me you’re selling a superior project. This is obviously not that, based on the other reviews I have seen. Unfortunately for Kayak, they will never get past that initial phone call with me.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Ordered a pool. Was told it could be fully sunk. Wrong. The given a different pool option wrong. Now a supposed tree fell on it. Next. New pool to be installed as led lady Friday. Nope. Still waiting. Every time we call we get Ceilia. Completely worthless. Has to go thru her manager for everything and manager refused to ever call us or get on the phone. Now we’re waiting on installers to let us know a date. Meanwhile sand and pool parts have been killing our grass for over a week. If not for permits for this pool I would have cancelled this whole deal. Very shady people from sales to service. They have two more days then we will cancel this disaster. 17000 for nothing but aggravation.

Original review: June 25, 2020

This is a shady business. The customer service was top notch until I made my deposit on the pool. I was lied to by the Salesperson. I asked if there were any delays due to COVID (which was a deciding factor in our decision for this summer) and was told “NO, we are pumping them out pretty good!” I was then lied to by the installation department and told that the pool would be in and installed within our 21-28 day timeframe. Prior to this everything said “above ground is typically 21-28 days.” This was AFTER I asked again if there were any delays due to COVID.

I called on a weekly basis for an update (because until last week they never checked in like they said they would). Day 21 was Monday of this week and I have yet to be told when my pool will be delivered, much less installed. I am now at day 24. Next steps are they call me to schedule the delivery day (who knows how long that takes) then within 72 hours I get a call for the actual install date to be scheduled. Given next Wed is day 28, clearly this isn’t going to happen. I explicitly asked again last week if we were delayed and again was told no. Not until AFTER I pointed out that Monday would be day 21 and we don’t even have a delivery date yet, it is looking like to me that we might be delayed.... The install coordinator then acts surprised and says, "Well yes I suppose you might be delayed....maybe a week or 2" (remember every other call was “you are still in schedule to be within your timeframe.”).

I then called the QA department to explain to see if they could help and was adamantly told that they told me I would be delayed due to COVID at the time of my initial install call - This NEVER happened (otherwise I wouldn’t be so upset or confused this whole time of the lack of updates). She said she would listen to the calls and call me right back. That was now 2 days ago and no callback. Feeling lied to and reconsidering this entire purchase and may go elsewhere.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I cannot speak to the product as we have decided 100% against this type of pool due to our experience with Jay, the sales rep. We were told to set aside 60-90 minutes for a virtual meeting to discuss an inground pool. He was very short, failed to answer our questions and it was obvious that the timing was bad for him and he wanted it to be over. He cut us off during our questions and kept saying "I'm offering you the best price" but would not give us a straight answer on what was included down to every detail (which I would expect on a 30-50K purchase). Our entire meeting was 30 minutes; we were told we had to make a decision by June 7 if we wanted guaranteed install this year.

When we booked our appointment it was under the impression we could be a demo home; but we were told 4 days later that they did not need anymore and that we had to make a quick decision if we even wanted one. He was not friendly AT ALL. He kept flipping super quick through a power point on our computer screen but we were told we could not actually see the whole thing because "other companies would pay us thousands for that information on the power point". It was an all around terrible experience. I wish I could have given 0 stars.

Original review: July 12, 2019

We've been waiting for 7 YEARS to get the handrail that we ordered! Every time you call they tell you to call & text CHRIS ** & this guy NEVER answers your calls or texts! Kayak REFUSES to do anything about this to help. I would NEVER recommend buying anything from Kayak Pools!

Original review: July 1, 2019

After buying this pool and having it installed I would urge others not to do it. I am still trying to get rid of the dirt they dug out. Now I can't get the filter out to clean it. It is so frustrating. The video tells you that the chlorine frog should last some time but that is now empty. I think you can only buy it from them. The pool has only been up a short time, since May 2019. All these things can't go wrong in such a short time.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Like many others our water walls corroded and rotted away. Our pool was purchased in 1999. Started noticing bumps under the liner spreading across the walls. Decided to replace liner and see what was going on. All 16 water walls were corroded and needed replaced. Called Kayak to check on warranty of the limited lifetime water walls, knowing I would be prorated. They "sell" a water wall kit of 16 walls for $1599.99, but to use the warranty I would have to pay OVER $2000 (80% of $2559.99) for the SAME 16 walls. They keep their "retail" price inflated so the warranty is WORTHLESS. They did offer $150 in customer cash, I do not plan on giving Kayak any more of my money. Very disappointed!

Kayak Pools author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kayak Pools makes pools and spas based on the needs of its customers. It is a corporation, based in New York, that outsources to dealers and businesses to sell their pools nationwide.

• Custom design: Kayak Pools offers custom pool design and can work around customer's design needs.

• Variety: The company designs pools in both steel and concrete wall free form.

• Availability: Kayak has plenty of franchised dealerships around the country, so many customers can take advantage of its retail stores.

• Specialized drain: The pools come with a main bottom drain that constantly filters out sediment and leaves pool owners with fewer pool maintenance problems.

• Warranty: Kayak Pools provides a 30-year warranty on its pools.

Kayak Pools Company Information