Spa Castle

College Point, NY

Compare Pool Companies

Research top Pool Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So, I have read most of these reviews. While yes, the place has its flaws... too many uncontrolled kids and overcrowding in the pools, my wife and I had a great time. We went there last minute on Memorial day so we clearly paid the $50 full Holiday price. With a little planning, we could have bought the tickets on groupon and saved a bunch. Allow me to repeat, it was Memorial Day, so that was one of the reasons for the overcrowding.

We arrived around 4:45 and yes, the wait to get inside was a little long. But we got to the cashier, and while the gentleman at the desk wasn't overly nice, he was very far from rude. He greeted us, asked us how many, and even gave us directions and pointed us to the behind the desk safety deposit boxes. Since this was our first time there, we didn't really know where to go next. My wife and I headed to our respective locker rooms to change into their "uniforms" and met on the first floor. We spent the next couple hours bouncing from one sauna to another and mixing in the Iceland room every so often to cool down.

The saunas were very relaxing. There were a few kids that looked a little young to be in them but they were quiet and well behaved so that's a parent issue. We decided to head upstairs to the pools and that is where the relaxation changed. The pool area was very overcrowded and the kids were running amuck. Staff should attempt to control the kids, but really, it's just poor parenting. So, my wife and I spent very little time and headed back to the relaxation of the sauna floor. We headed back up to the pool level around 9:00. A lot of people had left and there were a lot less kids. Needless to say, it was much more enjoyable and we stayed up there until we decided to leave.

When we went to check out, we headed again to our respective locker rooms and changed and headed to pay. I of course finished changing before my wife. I went to the counter, gave them my watch key card and the key to the safety deposit box. The gentleman who was Asian was very respectful and polite. Asked me if I wanted to pay for the charges on my wife's watch key also, and I did.

All in all, my wife and I look forward to returning. Next time we will plan better and use groupon and not return on a Holiday. There are a lot of negative reviews, while I'm sure everyone has a story, and people tend to focus only on the negative - I won't do that. The sad part of reviews is that people can be somewhere for 4 hours and have a great time and then have a bad experience in the last 5 minutes. People then review based on 5 bad minutes instead of the 300 good minutes. In our experience, the good far outweighed the bad.

On Wednesday May 25 I took my sister and her children to the spa because my past experiences we great and I wanted my family to enjoy the day at the spa. I was relaxing and the lifeguard was trying to get my attention. I ignored him the he walks over to us and ask were these my children. I said no. He continued in a disrespectful manner to shout out disrespectful slurs for example get ya ** children. I told him, "Get away from me." He said, "** I'll get you put out" as he grabbed his genitals and said, "**." I told him he was rude and disrespectful. The next thing I know some lady approaches me and stated if I acted in this manner I would get put out.

I explained to her what happen. She ignored me and said she didn't believe me. I then asked her to run the camera so she could see he was harassing me. She finally left me alone. The next thing I know the manager approached me and asked me to leave. I told him what happen. He stated that I was lying. Once again I asked him to play back his film because there was a camera so after spending over four hundred dollars in entrance fees my family and I were kicked out and they didn't even refund me the money I spend. I hate the Spa Castle. They listened to their lying worker and lost a faithful customer.

First, they had a photo contest in December, where they used their customers to market the facility for them. The winner would win massages for two. However, it is February now and they still have not chosen a winner. I have spoken with the customer service person who keeps ignoring my questions and keeps telling me to talk to management. Then she says she will talk to management, then never got back to me. Other participants of this contest ask, but they never respond. In other words, they lie. I spoke with another worker who told me they never were going to select a winner in the first place. Their facility smells, is unclean and deceitful. I would never recommend anyone to come here. I would never come back. I can go to somewhere a lot cheaper in New York and get better service. This place clearly cares only about money.

Beware!! Do not bring any valuable items there. They have thieves working there. My jewelry was stolen from my robe by one of their employees. I am currently in the process of taking them to court. They have a dishonest staff and this has happened in the past. A relaxing spa day turned into a nightmare.

I was trying to wrap up and leave but the lights went out on me at 12:10 on the dot. The staff was less than helpful. We asked them to turn the lights on so we could leave and were told we needed to leave. DUH!! We were trying to leave but it was rather difficult in a pitch black locker room!!! Thank goodness Keith was there, but this has still been the WORST SPA EXPERIENCE EVER! Shame on you Spa Castle for giving no **! Even though I spent over $200!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spa Castle?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

The first time there the girl stopped me, "you must be nude", I said "what!!!" So I went home without showering. I came with my niece, she was shy with me, so I went home again without showering. I came with eight people again, my sister, sister in law, nieces, aunt, my brother and his son also left without showering. He said he Will have to answer questions when he gets home. We all left without showering. As family members we don't want to see each other in the nude. IF other people feel free with nudity in their families, Good for them.

So my suggestion - "just for showering only"!! - have the shower room optional for families who don't want to be in the nude. The sauna in the locker room, nude!!, that is understandable. This is USA we have options. I go to the Gym, and there people can be nude or not. Who cares. As I'm writing this, the news is talking about rodents and water bugs in the same facility. Imagine, you're in the nude and a water bug dropped from the broken ceiling, where do you think you're running to..

I had no complaints with spa castle. Me and my husband spent our anniversary there, we had a blast, the jacuzzi's were very relaxing, the bar was great and the food was excellent, we can't wait til summer to go back.

I was pleased with my experience with Spa Castle. All staff members were very nice & professional. The only negative thing I have to say is about children being allowed in. I was going to the spa to get away from children & relax. Hard to relax inside the sauna when kids keep going in & out. Would be better if the age limit was 18 & older.

Very poor customer service! The bath and sauna parts of this spa are clean and relaxing, just don't spend money for extra services. I got an 'Aromatherapy Manicure' that was advertised as 40 minutes. It was NOT worth $25. It was a regular manicure with a bit of lavender oil added to the lotion. I shouldn't pay $10 extra for two drops of oil. It isn't any longer than a regular manicure either, honestly it felt really rushed. Not to mention one of the employees phones kept going off to the point that my nail technician commented on it! "Turn your phone to silent when customers are there, I don't want to hear a duck quacking every 30 seconds during my mani." When I told management, the lady ran off and came back 20 minutes later and proceeded to argue with me about the quality of the manicure. She said she checked the cameras and I spent 30 minutes in the nail salon so I was wrong and everything was as advertised. I want those 10 minutes or $10 back! Needless to say I didn't get a refund. Very poor customer service.

I booked a foot massage at 8 PM EST today in College Point Spa Castle. The Spa's idea of a foot massage was inappropriate touching of upper inner thigh. After hearing my complaint the assistant manager (female) and the manager (male) made me pay for the "services rendered" - $40 as if nothing ever happened!

My daughter was here from out of town and we went to Spa Castle for a day of pampering and relaxation. It was wonderful. Very clean and quiet. We enjoyed it very much. We will return once again. Thank you for the experience. Namaste. I recommend.

I have been to Spa Castle in College Point several times. Each time the scenario is always the same. You first have to wait in a small cold lobby where these NASTY cashiers/management take your cash. You are NOT greeted with a warm smile or a 'hello'. They take your money and leave it to you to guess where to proceed next. Once you enter the locker room, you get yelled at by the locker room staff, demanding you put on your uniform and take off your shoes. The spa itself is nice, but its reputation is ruined by the management. Spa Castle... Listen Up, You treat people like crap and your place of business will fail if you don't care about your customers. Even the $50 salt-scrub ladies in the locker room are rude. It's obvious you all need to attend Charm School and start being nice to people. I once lost my wristband as they gave me one that was 1/2 broken and they wanted $80 to checkout! A young boy was nice enough to return the wristband to me. He found it at the bottom of the pool and went around the spa asking who lost their wristband. Spa Castle Management - FIX your nasty ways. If you don't like what you do for a living, then change it.

I've been going to Spa Castle since it opened. I live in the neighborhood and constantly rave about the place. After all, it is a vacation in my back yard. Oh well, NOT ANYMORE! It feels more and more like being in a North Korean style camp.

It starts with the sour-faced cashiers (unless you speak Spanish). It continues with the "scary" guard at the entrance (I do understand that they check for alcohol but still.....) but, the minute you enter, you already feel like a criminal. The Cold shoulder reception by the girls at the locker room counters, and so on!!!! I think that the word "SPA" should be removed from the name. It also doesn't feel clean anymore. I always hated the idea of barefoot, especially in the restrooms. I'll confess - I use their towels to stand on.

I loved the place so much that I bought gift certificates for my girlfriends' birthdays. Unfortunately, one of them could not use them within the 6 months they allot for a gift certificate, and visited the spa 2 months after the expiration date. I know that according to the law, they don't have to honor this certificate but I would think that for pure customer service accommodation, they should have honored it. They did receive the money after all!!!! If Bed Bath & Beyond honors their expired coupons, which shows what real customer appreciation means, they should too!!! They took the money and should honor that certificate. We've asked for the manager and he too said that the headquarters rules are to basically - not respect visiting customers.

I did love the place but, as of today, I don't know how often, if at all I will return there. I will definitely not continue recommending the place to friends, nor will I bring out of town or out of country friends over, anymore. What a shame that the owners do not respect the American clientele and stay in a Korean culture mode in their service and attitude. I don't know about the customers who frequent the place since I always go during early morning weekdays when the spa is basically empty. But, I do hope that the owners read our reviews and will start reconsidering their management approach.

I see so many complaints about the Spa Castle in upstate. Ours is probably less than two years old here in Carrollton, Texas. My friends and I hang out there like it's a second home. Now I will agree that each visit, it does appear that more and more things don't work, or are getting rusty or unkempt and they have not even reached their two-year opening anniversary. I really hope that this location does something to upkeep this fine establishment for we so enjoy it there.

Rude, horrible and disgusting cashiers, managers and security. I spent $700.00 and was treated like **. They talk and laugh about you in Korean while there's an issue checking out. They pushed to the limit where I finally lost it. I said things I normally never would and really left after spending so much money, more stressed than when I came in. It was a perfect day until checkout. I will post this on every social media site, Better Business Bureau, Ripoff and Consumer Affairs. $700.00 is a lot of money and it's horrible. Customers are always right. No matter what, they should never be pushed to the limits in which they freak out. Don't go. It's a shame they leave their business in the hands of reception area.

This place is such a ripoff! I went there for the first time to have a relaxing day at a spa and paid $45.00 to enter. Since it is called Spa Castle, I assumed it would be relaxing and that there would be an adults only area where adults could read quietly, relax and spend the day doing just that. Well unfortunately, this place is a poorly managed, free for all that allows families, kids of all ages to take over the pools, horseplay, run around, fight, eat and drink in the pools and throw their food in the water. I saw it all in the 3 hours I was there. The place was extremely overcrowded and people should have been turned away so the people that paid $45.00 per person could actually get inside the pools.

When we finally found a corner to sit in the pool, among the 8 kids that were splashing around, we noticed that the water wasn't even that hot. It was lukewarm and after 15 minutes, we had to get out because it felt cold. When I went into the locker room, I saw a little girl pee on a cushion and no one did anything about it. One woman was furious and she complained so much, but they not only seem to not speak English so well, but they seem understaffed and not able to keep the place clean. The other pool had baskets of french fries, chicken and cups of smoothies sitting on the tables at the pool bar and no one cleaned it up for hours. I imagine that also many kids pee in the pool since there are so many of them at Spa Castle.

I think that this place has potential, but it is poorly managed with no separate areas for kids and adults, not enough staff, pools need to be kept at a higher temperature and place needs to have staffers picking up people's garbage that they leave poolside. Not to mention, they should not pack people in like cattle. It's clear that Spa Castle is all about making money. The experience they give you is not important and even the name is misleading. Spa Castle should be renamed Public Pool or Adventureland! Don't waste your money or time there!

I had a great time at Spa Castle in College Point, Queens, until closing time. My best friend and I were the only patrons left in the male locker room. The only other person was their employee, Marcus. After getting dressed, I plugged my cellphone into the wall and placed it on the counter. I sat down on the bench to dry my feet and put on my socks. I went back to the counter to put on lotion. My phone was still there with a pile of soiled towels next to it. My best friend asked me for deodorant, so I gave it to him from my bag on the bench. I completely forgot my phone and proceeded to put on my shoes and checked out.

I left the spa, made it to the corner and realized I forgot my phone. I ran back in and the security officer, Hector, escorted me back into the locker room. I told him my cellphone was on the counter. He said he didn't see it there. Then Marcus, their employee (the only one left in the locker room), came around the corner (with his book bag on his shoulder) and stated he didn't see a cellphone. I bluntly said, "Marcus, give me my phone please." He repeated that he didn't see a cellphone. I asked him, "Who moved the soiled towels on the counter?" He said he did. I said, "So, you had to see a cellphone on the counter and plugged into the wall socket." He said maybe he threw it in the hamper with the soiled towels.

We checked the hamper and no such luck. I asked him to please give me my phone again. Security went to get a manager and Marcus proceeded to exit the locker room. So I followed him and asked, "Could I use the front desk phone to call my cell phone?" The floor manager, JP, agreed my best friend and I were the only ones left in the locker room besides him. As I was dialing my cellphone number from the front desk, Marcus was exiting the spa. I asked the floor manager, JP, for him to please stop him from leaving, knowing he took my phone. He just looked at me and kept counting money. So I raised my voice and said, "You're going to allow him to exit during this investigation of my stolen cellphone?"

He just stood there staring at me and then went back to counting his money. As my cellphone started ringing, Marcus was out of the building. I stood there in disbelief as to what just transpired. They gave me an email address to JP who's under the CEO of Spa Castle. To avoid the issue, JP claimed he was only a floor manager. I called the next day and Marcus called out so they couldn't question him. Needless to say, nothing was ever done.

Spa Castle is Ripping People Off - When I checked out of Spa Castle, I saw that there was a $50 charge for a body scrub on my bill. I told the cashier that I never received a body scrub. She told me to wait and walked into the spa area to talk to the massage therapist. She went back and forth, and I also spoke to the manager many times and he was very rude and they kept telling me to wait. After 20 minutes, they still kept me waiting but I told them that I was leaving. For your information, you can't get out of the spa without a token that lets you go through a turnstile, which is guarded by a large security officer.

In addition, as I was waiting, I witnessed that they tried to get extra money from two additional customers and the customers had to also argue to get the charges taken off their bill. One was for towels and one was for a lost key. The towels were never actually used and the key was found, and the customer was told that the missing key charge would be taken off her bill much earlier in the day.

If this is what happens in a span of 20 minutes, then I can't even imagine what else goes on there. Imagine all the people that don't check their bill and just get ripped off. I hope you will take my claim seriously and investigate this matter.

I believe that Spa Castle was the best thing in Queens thus far! I agree that the staff used to be very rude. However, I believe that they have changed their ways for the better! What I truly dislike is the lack of responsible parents who tend to let their child roam around and then complain if something happens to their child. I believe that negligent parents shouldn't bring down the fact that Spa Castle is an amazing place in Queens. I feel like this place is like six flags you have to wander around and experience it for yourself! I despise some of the customers who claim that they have gotten their stuff stolen because this is one of the safest places I know. The locker system is fool proof. If you don't know how to scan and use your keys then why should others be blamed? I hate that this place has so many bad reviews because all of them seemed untrue when I came to enjoy a day at the spa.

Actually, my friends and I have been going to spa castle for almost 2 years now and though we use to joke about not telling anyone about the place (because we felt it was a hidden gem), it has been deteriorating with each visit. Biggest complaint over past year are more and more things not working. Unsupervised children in the pool. And one visit the stench of something awful in the pool brought no attention from the staff.

Today's visit was the worst ever. We always get there early in the a.m. because the pools tend to be left unsupervised and children with floating tubes all over the pools. Early in the day, its pretty empty. The last time we were here, the power jets were not turned on and we waited about half hour. Today, you couldn't put your foot in the pools, the water was so cold. We were told it would be fixed in 30 minutes. We waited 30 minutes in the hot tub by the pool and still no improvement in the temperatures of the pool water. We were told it's being worked on. Since I had a massage scheduled, I knew I was not going back up to the pool. I would have to be out of my wet bathing suit and dried off for the massage. Had the massage and we found the pools empty. We decided to leave but to speak to the manager.

Management claimed (though I think the guy we spoke to was not management) and insisted the pool was fine after 11am. We told him one of us had gone up there and not only was the pool still cold there was no one in the pools. The manager apologized and said, "Nothing we can do." I told him I wanted either my entrance fee refunded or a pass for my next entry fee. We also explained between the three of us visiting we spent quite a bit of money. He then responded, we'll give u a juice item on your next visit. Talk about insulting. I asked him for the managers name and he handed me a pamphlet.

Rip off city. The place is getting dirtier, a lot less supervision of the children in the pool, non working pools, non working power jets. This place has no class anymore. Staff is not helpful and so called management is rude.

On Sunday, November 1, 2009, my two daughters and I were enjoying a much anticipated day out to one of the local spas which my oldest daughter had given me a gift certificate for a body massage at when the unthinkable thing happened -- I was robbed.

Our scheduled massage appointment was for 2:30 PM. When we arrived on time for the appointment we were unfortunately in line behind 80 members from a local church also signing in to use the facilities so we arrived about 15 minutes late for our appointments and was told that they would have to be rescheduled. Our appointments were rescheduled for 6 PM and my daughters and I took advantage of the other amenities that were there. Every thing was going well and we were actually enjoying ourselves while we waited. We had a bite to eat from the buffet area paying on my "key" that I was assigned. When we went to the desk at 5:50 PM to sign in for the massage was when I got the shock of my life. I was told that my "key" no longer work because I had reported it lost and I was issued a new one. Needless to say this never happened. I never had a conversation with any one that I had lost my key.

I went to the ladies locker room where I found that my locker had been opened by one of the employees at the request of one of the clients, without checking for proper ID and all of my cash money had been stolen, $360.00 and my locker had been rummaged through and it was left open. The rules of the establishment are that you have to pay a standard fee just to come into the spa. Once we paid the $45.00 each, for my daughters and I, we had to undress and redress into the clothes that they provided for each client. I locked my shoes in one area using the "key" that they had provided. The "key" is very similar to a watch that you strap on your wrist with your locker number displayed in big numbers on the face. After locking my shoes in the locker I was given a set of shorts and a top which I changed into. I then locked my clothes along with my purse with my wallet which had all of my personal identification in it as well as $360.00 in cash. I checked to make sure that the locker was locked, which it was. As I discovered that my locker had been open by the staff under false pretense from one of their clients I asked that the crime be reported to the police. This happened at 6:00PM, I immediately asked that the police be called and thought that they were. After about one hour of not hearing from the police I went out to see what was the hold up to discover that the staff were looking for the perpetrator and that the police had not yet been call.

I insisted that the police be call as to my understanding this was a crime. Two police officers from the 109 PCT arrived and took my report. They were very helpful and understanding and were very instrumental in me getting the $360.00 back which the manager Mr. K, did not want to reimburse me for and even questioned how he could be sure that it was $360.00. In my opinion questioning if I was really telling the truth. Now it is a little past 8 PM and I am exhausted and shocked from the whole ordeal so my daughters and I prepare to leave without receiving the services that we had gone there for in the first place. I explained to the manager, Mr. K. That we had not received our massages and questioned if we would have to pay the admission fee of $135.00 if we were to return to get massages, still trying to use the gift certificate that my daughter had given me as a gift for my birthday. Mr. K was very rude and in a way dismissed me stating that they had done all for me that they could and they were not going to do any more. He stated that they, meaning the establishment, were the victims and he walked off.

I am appalled by the lack of concern and care that was shown to me as a client that had her property stolen because of their lack of security and their customer service is the worse. My locker with all of my credit cards, my drivers license, my check book, my cash money which was stolen was open by one of their staff members giving who ever wanted it free access to all of my personal information and my personal belongings. I secured my locker, they opened it and yet I had to beg for my cash money to be retuned and to file a police report. They did not accommodate me at all for the shock and trauma that I had to endure on their part because of their lack of security and they denied me reimbursement for the admission fee. Because of their lack of security and the worse hospitality I have ever had to endure I have no plans to ever visit their establishment again, nor will I recommend it.

Spa Castle Company Profile