1.74/5

Looking for a pool company?

College Point, NY

Looking for a pool company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Spa Castle Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have been going to Spa Castle for several years. It was never the ultimate spa experience, but you get what you pay for. Employees are great and always helpful. It's relatively clean and has what you need to relax. My last and final experience was the worst. While sitting in a sauna, a large bug, not a roach climbed the walls and into the heater. The thing had to be 3 inches long. As all 5 occupants exited we noticed another sauna was being dismantled and cleaned and a third was being shut down which I also assume was for cleaning.

I spoke with an employee who said the night crew exterminators didn’t do a good job. Okay, you took my money to get in but half the services were not available. Several weeks earlier in a different sauna a cockroach appeared. Up at the outdoor heated pools the tempurature was not that hot. When I asked to speak to a manager I waited 30 minutes and he or she never showed. $10 beers, overpriced massages and a deteriorating facility. Never again. Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Well where should I start! Let me start by saying Spa Castle is the worst! I will never consider or recommend you guys for anything. I booked a day of relaxation for my wife and her best friend on her birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise. So I picked out a package for 2 with the rep on the phone. I exchanged my credit info on the phone thinking I am paying for my package deal. She assured me that everything is set up. "When your wife comes tell her to say your name at the front desk." I asked again do she need any ID. She said, "All she has to do is mention your name." Fast forward to the day of reservation. My wife is turned away because she doesn't have my credit card??? And to top it off we live miles away. So thank you Spa Castle for destroying my wife's birthday.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I've been here a couple of times and it is very evident that this is not a family place and it is not even a place for true relaxing, place is dirty, people are inappropriate, people are inconsiderate, workers are unfriendly... The list can go on and on, eventually this place should and will shut down! They also monitor Yelp reviews and will remove any negative ones, go at our own risk!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The spa is a nice place but the drivers are so rude always. I complained that my back is hurt so if is possible to use the front the but the driver was so nasty and said that he can't see on a brand new car. I believe the Korean driver at 5:45 pm on 11/08/2017 was the rude person I ever see.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER FOR US. Nobody guide you at the entrance, then the stupid policy that you have to wear uniform, no sandals etc. For us it is more photo shoot than what it is. They call pool to that but you can't swim nowhere in that place, and how they don't let you know you don't need money there because you pay with the watch they provide you at the end. My husband lost his money because he forgot about it and he throw the short in their laundry bins. When he realize it was late. All of them are the same and we didn't found it, but that's not the worse part. After all that we were already disappointed but finally we went to the valet parking and they crashed my car. How somebody wanted to get in. My husband park right outside and I went in to do the complaint and they didn't want to be responsible for that saying I can't prove they did it. What kind a place is this???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spa Castle?

Original review: May 31, 2016

So, I have read most of these reviews. While yes, the place has its flaws... too many uncontrolled kids and overcrowding in the pools, my wife and I had a great time. We went there last minute on Memorial day so we clearly paid the $50 full Holiday price. With a little planning, we could have bought the tickets on groupon and saved a bunch. Allow me to repeat, it was Memorial Day, so that was one of the reasons for the overcrowding.

We arrived around 4:45 and yes, the wait to get inside was a little long. But we got to the cashier, and while the gentleman at the desk wasn't overly nice, he was very far from rude. He greeted us, asked us how many, and even gave us directions and pointed us to the behind the desk safety deposit boxes. Since this was our first time there, we didn't really know where to go next. My wife and I headed to our respective locker rooms to change into their "uniforms" and met on the first floor. We spent the next couple hours bouncing from one sauna to another and mixing in the Iceland room every so often to cool down.

The saunas were very relaxing. There were a few kids that looked a little young to be in them but they were quiet and well behaved so that's a parent issue. We decided to head upstairs to the pools and that is where the relaxation changed. The pool area was very overcrowded and the kids were running amuck. Staff should attempt to control the kids, but really, it's just poor parenting. So, my wife and I spent very little time and headed back to the relaxation of the sauna floor. We headed back up to the pool level around 9:00. A lot of people had left and there were a lot less kids. Needless to say, it was much more enjoyable and we stayed up there until we decided to leave.

When we went to check out, we headed again to our respective locker rooms and changed and headed to pay. I of course finished changing before my wife. I went to the counter, gave them my watch key card and the key to the safety deposit box. The gentleman who was Asian was very respectful and polite. Asked me if I wanted to pay for the charges on my wife's watch key also, and I did.

All in all, my wife and I look forward to returning. Next time we will plan better and use groupon and not return on a Holiday. There are a lot of negative reviews, while I'm sure everyone has a story, and people tend to focus only on the negative - I won't do that. The sad part of reviews is that people can be somewhere for 4 hours and have a great time and then have a bad experience in the last 5 minutes. People then review based on 5 bad minutes instead of the 300 good minutes. In our experience, the good far outweighed the bad.

Original review: May 28, 2016

On Wednesday May 25 I took my sister and her children to the spa because my past experiences we great and I wanted my family to enjoy the day at the spa. I was relaxing and the lifeguard was trying to get my attention. I ignored him the he walks over to us and ask were these my children. I said no. He continued in a disrespectful manner to shout out disrespectful slurs for example get ya ** children. I told him, "Get away from me." He said, "** I'll get you put out" as he grabbed his genitals and said, "**." I told him he was rude and disrespectful. The next thing I know some lady approaches me and stated if I acted in this manner I would get put out.

I explained to her what happen. She ignored me and said she didn't believe me. I then asked her to run the camera so she could see he was harassing me. She finally left me alone. The next thing I know the manager approached me and asked me to leave. I told him what happen. He stated that I was lying. Once again I asked him to play back his film because there was a camera so after spending over four hundred dollars in entrance fees my family and I were kicked out and they didn't even refund me the money I spend. I hate the Spa Castle. They listened to their lying worker and lost a faithful customer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

First, they had a photo contest in December, where they used their customers to market the facility for them. The winner would win massages for two. However, it is February now and they still have not chosen a winner. I have spoken with the customer service person who keeps ignoring my questions and keeps telling me to talk to management. Then she says she will talk to management, then never got back to me. Other participants of this contest ask, but they never respond. In other words, they lie. I spoke with another worker who told me they never were going to select a winner in the first place. Their facility smells, is unclean and deceitful. I would never recommend anyone to come here. I would never come back. I can go to somewhere a lot cheaper in New York and get better service. This place clearly cares only about money.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

Beware!! Do not bring any valuable items there. They have thieves working there. My jewelry was stolen from my robe by one of their employees. I am currently in the process of taking them to court. They have a dishonest staff and this has happened in the past. A relaxing spa day turned into a nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I was trying to wrap up and leave but the lights went out on me at 12:10 on the dot. The staff was less than helpful. We asked them to turn the lights on so we could leave and were told we needed to leave. DUH!! We were trying to leave but it was rather difficult in a pitch black locker room!!! Thank goodness Keith was there, but this has still been the WORST SPA EXPERIENCE EVER! Shame on you Spa Castle for giving no **! Even though I spent over $200!!!

Spa Castle Company Information