Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

372 Emerson Microwave Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

It is very easy to use and works great. Ours has a round tray that spins to cook and heat evenly and a single push start to get it going without a lot of trouble...

Original review: July 9, 2019

It is a great small microwave. It is small in circumference and therefore, larger items causes it to not turn like it does with smaller items. Otherwise I have had no problems and it has worked wonderful.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought this microwave more than 7 years ago, I have never had an issue with it. It has a glass dish to place containers on and it goes around to cook and heat foods through. The color is black with silver, all the buttons the clock still work, and illuminate.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This microwave has been a big ugly champ for 20 years. It heats stuff up quickly and fairly evenly in plastic, and glass. I don’t know about it electrical consumption or efficiency. It’s straightforward on the buttons and cleaning. All around a great performer for daily if not hourly use.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I’m happy with the microwave, it’s lasted 7 years with no problems, it’s easy to clean. It’s a mid-size, but has plenty of room for large items like chicken. Also, it warms evenly. It looks modern even after 7 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emerson?

Original review: July 11, 2019

Original purchase it performed as expected, then within a year it stopped & I received another under warranty and at the present time it has reduced in performance to requiring additional minutes to heat more than the normal. Sometimes three times the amount of time.

Original review: July 10, 2019

The paint on the inside of the microwave has bubbled up and chipped off and I’ve never had a microwave do that. It was given to me as a gift and it’s not very powerful but for what it’s used for then it’s okay.

Original review: July 1, 2019

We have been happy with the microwave UNTIL recently! When the microwave stops and we reach in to remove the item the microwave starts running again. With the door open and our hand inside!!!! Is there a recall!

Original review: May 12, 2018

My son and I bought a new stove and microwave around the same time about 3 years ago. While the stove is doing great the microwave is not. I've had microwaves that lasted 10-20 years but 3 years is ridiculous. The bottom liner where the little wheels turn the plate is cracking and peeling. I don't know if it's safe to use with the cracks on the liner. Hope to get an answer soon. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have had my Emerson microwave going on 8 years now. What made me write this review was the multiple things I’ve put this poor microwave through. Today I accidentally left my metal spoon inside of the bowl of soup I was making again... It was perfectly fine and works great still. Moved around, slammed around, fallen off the counter. It’s been used every almost since I bought it. Still works great. I couldn’t ask for a better fake way to heat things up. This is a 900 watt microwave I bought at K-mart for $75.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I loved my Emerson microwave with Grill function. Till it malfunctioned and melted my microwave popcorn bowl that is MADE to use in the microwave. 2.5 minutes, as instructed by the wattage, and has been done 50 or more times before, and it melted it down to a pile of melted/burnt smoking glob. It was wrecked. Both microwave and bowl. I went to Walmart and bought the same identical microwave. It only took a keep for it to MALFUNCTION. When now popping microwave popcorn in a paper bag, it STARTED ON FIRE!!! FIRE in just over a minute of the 2 minutes the popcorn button was set at!! The grill was smoking hot on the top side.

Wal-Mart would not return it without a receipt, dispute the cashier remembering me the month before telling her how it nearly set my house on fire. Last night, IT NEARLY SET MY HOUSE on FIRE!!! I was using a pampered chef steamer that so have had 14 years, and use daily for vegetables or leftovers. I used the 3 minute quick button. And the GRILL STARTED/MALFUNCTIONED AGAIN and MELTED MY PAMPERED CHEF pot, the food in it, and was on fire!! I was able to grab the glass turn table with a potholder and throw it outside and use the hose to put the fire out!! This time, if they don't help me, I will be starting a lawsuit!!!

Original review: July 15, 2017

I own a small Emerson microwave oven. The unit has a nice feature in that all you have to do is touch the 1, 2 or 3 button and it runs for 1, 2 or 3 minutes without having to actually punch in the time you are selecting which is a longer process. Likewise touching the start button gives you 30 seconds of operation. The irony of this is that the item you place in the front of the turntable always ends up in the rear of the unit when you go to remove it. I'm wondering why a co. would design such a convenient feature but didn't think it through enough to allow for easy retrieval at the completion of the convenience feature. I suspect poor engineering is the culprit as is sadly the case in many of the products of today!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have had two Emerson microwaves. I owned the 1st one about a year but it began making strange sounds so Emerson replaced it with the one I now have. I have had the replacement microwave oven a little over 2 years and now the turntable starts turning when you open the door... The Customer Service department said I will have to have a technician fix the problem because it is out of warranty. I chose Emerson because of my familiarity with the brand name and believed they would have an excellent product. But a microwave should last longer than 2 years, especially since it's mainly used to heat food!!! I'm rather disappointed with the Emerson microwaves. I've had two in a short period of time and had problems with both!!! No more Emersons.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Highly recommended to all buyers, shoppers and to the families that really want a highly easy, convenient process especially when it comes to meats and stuff. The whole products are good. Its features are great and it's safe. The durability itself are great, enough to cooked big stuff esp. meats and other kind of "ovenated" foods. The size is fit as what I expected. I like it because is not that big, not that small. It's perfect for me. The appearances are pretty good enough. Overall it's satisfied me a lot. It's high quality and pretty gorgeous.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I love this microwave. It is the best microwave I've owned. It is a standard size and it works well for my family of 3 people. It works like a microwave should. It heats up my food without burning it, as long as I read the instructions on the food I'm cooking. I can clean it easily. This is a very durable microwave. It has lasted for 16 years. It is like a member of the family. Not even the turnplate has broken in this. It works perfectly... That is what is important.

Original review: April 29, 2017

It is the most beautiful microwave I ever, ever seen in my entire life. Nothing compares to an Emerson. The size works for me. Don't like the big and bulky ones. Considering what I paid for it, it works well, not powerful but it gets the job done. But could use more power or wattages and maybe a little bigger inside. It also needs a reheat option.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Cooks water fine for coffee. I cook alone mostly and do drink instant coffee so 1 min and 11 seconds is perfect for my morning coffee. It also defrosts meats for dinner fine. The frozen meals are heated properly and the popcorn is great, plus the tray spins and cooks foods evenly and thoroughly. The kitchen timer is fine and the clock can be seen and works grand. The cost was 100 dollars and fit myself fine and the power is 11000 watts, perfect for me alone. The colour selection was great. Mine is black, which matches my other appliances. Also, perfect size for the self-built custom, plus not too big to take up much space.

Original review: April 27, 2017

The brand is very reputable and Emerson Microwave worked fairly well. Plus the cost was very reasonable. It was durable and had most functions a typical microwave would have. It had reheat, defrost, and specific levels for different types of foods. It was good for reheating foods or making popcorn. But it took longer than usual to cook potatoes. It did not heat frozen foods well. My microwave was white with a black front. It was easy to care for and clean. It was not full size but perfect for someone with limited space or who just wants to reheat food or cook fresh vegetables. I purchased the smallest unit they had at that time due to lack of counter space in my apartment. But I would suggest a larger unit.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have owned my Emerson Microwave for about 13 years and it seems pretty durable. I heat up many items from the freezer in it and use it every morning for oatmeal. It wasn't that expensive so I am getting my money's worth. It's an average size microwave, big enough to suit my needs. It fits perfectly on my counter and doesn't take up an enormous amount of space. The microwave I own is standard white. It's low key and it blends into my kitchen and always looks clean. I like it a lot and it works good.

Original review: April 25, 2017

The Emerson Microwave has enough wattage and cooks everything just right. Has multiple settings for everything you need it to do, has a turntable to rotate it in a circle for evenly cook. It's very affordable at a low cost for lots of wattage, strong and durable. Also, it doesn't take up a lot of room and not too small. Can fit almost everything into it with room to spare. Will also fit on a shelf and not too heavy. It is without a doubt one of the best microwaves I have ever owned. It has a very nice design, beautiful color, and can get in many different colors to choose from.

Original review: April 23, 2017

The Emerson Microwave is affordable and was got for purpose and there are a few designs to choose from too. It functions well and has lasted for a long time and is durable. It has survived two house moves. They look like a standard microwave. The more you pay the more fancy they come and you can choose different colors etc. silver, chrome, white, black. I was initially happy with the size I bought, but I am considering a bigger model. Other than that, I would buy this brand again and would recommend to others.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I was looking to get something that was both budget wise and a good size for the tasks I need it to do. The Emerson Microwave works well and I can count on the temperature to be consistent. The reset keys are great! It doesn't burn the popcorn. It is super for reheating things and is easy for my daughter to use without getting injured or needing assistance. The price point is great and the size is perfect for the space that I have on my counter to fit in without being in the way. I would not need a larger one and a smaller one would not have been an adequate size to accommodate our dinner plates which we often use for reheating leftovers. It is a plain kind of appliance that does little to attract attention to itself because a microwave is hardly a signature piece in my kitchen. I'm just happy with it just blending in.

Original review: April 21, 2017

The microwave is very easy to operate and it heats food very quickly. The function such as heating food and defrosting frozen items work perfect. For the price I paid I would definitely say I got my money's worth. It was a great price and the convenience it adds to my day and cooking is very pleasant. It is large enough to fit bigger items and the size also makes it easy to clean the inside. It's not so big that it is too heavy and hard to move. It is just right. It is very clean cut and classy looking. I have a standard black and it keeps its color and stays cleaner looking. I am happy with the modern look it gives to my kitchen.

Original review: April 21, 2017

The microwave was a fairly economical purchase for the kid's dorm or rec room. It has survived four college kids and is still working fine now that they have grown and gone their own way. It is not the biggest one they make, about medium. We have a larger one but this one seems to be large enough for most jobs. There are a variety of settings along with some standard settings for popcorn and other ones. Seems fairly accurate wherever you need to set it. It also cleans very easily so it can remain neat. It's white and if you wipe it down regularly, it does seem to be quite attractive and would fit into almost any kitchen. I have been in design most of my life, probably not the sleekest model but also the most expensive.

Original review: April 20, 2017

The microwave is much more valuable than the price I paid. I expect no problems with the microwave. It performs correctly with the functions. The microwave is efficient. Food heats very evenly and the timing is very accurate. It is a 20 inch. It is not big and bulky and fits great on the counter and I looked for a size that met my needs. I'm sure that they have other sizes if my need changes. The window is big and the food is very visible. It is a gunpowder color and goes with all colors of kitchens. This is a great overall microwave and recommend it strongly.

Original review: April 19, 2017

This microwave performs well and the results are consistent with the directions in the recipe. I have made some very delicious meals in it. Great for leftovers too! I purchased this microwave on Black Friday for a really fair price and it was a great investment to my kitchen appliance collection. I love that it is sturdy on my cabinet. The microwave is quite large and takes up more space on my counter cabinet than I would prefer. I'm looking into having it installed under my cabinet over the stove. But it's easy to clean. It shines when it's wiped down like it's new. I chose the color black and it matches my other appliances perfectly.

Original review: April 18, 2017

The Emerson Microwave is worth the price and it is a quality appliance. It works well and is very durable. Have had one for a long time and I am very satisfied with it. This appliance is very reliable. It has many features and it is very handy to have. I am very happy and satisfied. This appliance is the proper size to complete most tasks needed by a microwave. The rotating plate assures equal heating of the food and the numerous heat settings can perform many different tasks. This appliance looks nice in the kitchen. It has a modern look and it serves a very useful task as a tool to assist in food preparation for your family.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I purchase this microwave when I moved. They come in small, medium, and large. I got the medium microwave. I liked the microwave's appearance. It was white. It can go with almost any colors. The product was a good value. It has been durable and has done the job required. It worked well for one person. I have used it to cook microwave popcorn, potatoes, and TV dinners. It has lasted longer than I would expect.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I paid less than 100 dollars for the microwave 10 years ago and it is still working great. They had several different sizes. I purchased a white model and one that could be installed under a cabinet or set on a counter. I have always had it set on the counter and it does not take up much space. It is easy to clean and still looks like new. I've never had any issues with its appearance. The inside has gotten a little discolored but it's been 10 years. It still heats things properly and thoroughly. It has held up through 3 moves also. It is definitely a good value. I'd definitely recommend it.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I paid $60 for it over 10 years ago from Target. I chose the red chrome version which is easy to decorate around. It's easy to keep clean inside and out. The buttons on the front are easy to clean as well. It's been through 5 moves, 2 kids, and 2 adults and it still works like the day I purchased it. It still heats evenly, easy to use. It's always reliable and it doesn't heat too hot. The value is amazing! Also, the size of my microwave is perfect. In my 5 different homes I was easily able to find counterpoint space.

Emerson Microwave Company Information