Emerson Microwave

Compare Microwaves

Research top Microwaves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They come in a wide variety of sizes each at the level anyone can afford from small for confident for camping and dorm rooms to a large for your kitchen. They also come in a variety of colors from metallic to black. Whatever you need Emerson can deliver. I bought my Emerson microwave at Walmart for a great price. I bought a white one to match my appliances. It is a high quality product that allows me to either heat up or make a whole delicious meal. It has a large amount of wattage that cooks everything thoroughly. Also, it has a large capacity to make just about anything you desire and it's very affordable.

I chose to get the microwave size because it is what I was looking for. There are other sizes to choose from also. The appearance of the microwave is what I absolutely love most about it. It is black with a red door handle. I chose this one in particular because I love those colors. Those are my favorite colors. It is a very good product and I would definitely recommend this to any one of my family and very close friends. I absolutely love it and is absolutely satisfied with it. Emerson products are top notch and I would vouch for them on any day and continue purchasing them.

This microwave did not work well as it said it would. I took it back to the store to get my money back and told them all about how it didn't live up to it standards. I hated my experience. It wasn't even close at all in value and I paid way too much for junk and it's small size. It didn't work or heat food or even light up so I could check on my food which was one of the features it was supposed to have. I was led to believe it was a great micro but instead, I got ripped off in the worst way. I was so mad about it that I stopped listening to other people and going to stores and buying that brand. It wasn't that great looking. Then when I got it home and opened it it was completely different from what it looked like on the box. So not cool. Will never buy another.

It gets the job done. It's nothing too fancy, but it's easy to use. It has easy buttons, easy to see, understand, and use. I like it just fine as it suits my family's needs well. It was not crazy expensive like some. I feel it's priced appropriately for the product and its description. It was very good value and I am very happy with it. I didn't want a large microwave as I have limited counter space so the size I chose is small. I am not cooking turkeys in it. It is used to reheat leftovers, make popcorn. I like the way it looks. It is basic, white, and clean. I did not want anything fancy. It's perfect for me and my family. I wouldn't change a thing.

The microwave is a sleek black with a well marked flat panel and it's easy to read. Panel is in large letters and has shortcuts, so you can just push one minute, for example, and not type it in. However the panel is beginning to be so worn by fingerprints, that it's becoming noticeable. But it's reliable and heats evenly. Timer beeps every 30 seconds after food is cooked to remind you, if you can't get to it right away. I purchased this size to fit over the oven, so it's quite large. I like this size, although it is often bigger than it needs to be for the food going in it. Also, it can take a lot of abuse, getting the door slammed frequently and things like that. It cleans easily, but the glass bottom is heavy. Afraid it's going to fall when being taken out. It has lasted quite a while now with no problems. It is a good product for the price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emerson?

I purchased my microwave over seven years ago and is used multiple times every day and functions perfectly! I paid one hundred dollars for this microwave and maybe should have purchased two for when this one does not work any longer because I know that this style is already considered outdated! It is rectangular in shape, it is 1000 watts and the size is a bit bigger than my last microwave but decided at the time it would be better.

It's perfect and just great for me. I've had my microwave for a number of years and its still working well and no problems. The performance is the best and the value is great. It was reasonably priced and I found it on sale at the store. They are super affordable and they last for years and years with no disappointment. The size is just right. It fits perfectly in my kitchen. Its not too big and not too small. I am completely satisfied with my purchase of ghettos microwave. The appearance is very nice. I chose the color white to match all of my other appliances. It looks absolutely perfect in my kitchen. I couldn't be any happier.

This microwave model MW9338RD-A was purchased June/2015 at Target and shortly afterwards it was noticed that peeling and flaking began to occur although the microwave was kept cleaned without abrasive cleansers. It kept working. On 012917 on my way to church after heating breakfast a terrible burning smell/smoke/sparks came from the microwave! The door was opened and it was noticed what appeared to be a rusted surface burning. The microwave was immediately disconnected. Upon return the microwave was reconnected and the burning/sparks/smoke started again.

A call was made to Emerson (Tammara) 013117 8:30 a. She advised that a replacement would be provided once the receipt was provided. The receipt was provided by my credit card company. A second call was made on 020717 and Tammara advised me cut the cord off, get a $15 money order and attach label on back of the microwave and mail back to: Emerson Radio, Attn: Return, 701 Malaga Pl, Ontario, CA 91761. It was later learned that a receipt from my credit card was insufficient after waiting for a week to receive it. Tammara did not say this initially. This was just too much! I spoke to a supervisor and she confirmed this process. Emerson was advised of this review and Emerson Products are no longer welcome in my home. Thanks.

My microwave has several settings that suits my needs very well. I use the 4 minute time most often to boil water for my coffee in the mornings. It has lasted for several years now... I would estimate over six since I purchased it, so as far as value goes, it has been a really terrific value for the money spent. I really like the size because I can fit a large size dish or platter inside this microwave and it has a spinning plate which keeps food from getting heated in just one area. But it's an average looking microwave. There's nothing grand or special about it and it doesn't stand out. It's not stainless.

I am very satisfied with the color and matches my appliances perfectly. I am also generally satisfied with the size of the microwave. I wish it was a little bigger but for the most part whatever I need to microwave fits. I am very satisfied with the value and have used this product for years, is still working well. Have not had any problems with it. I would definitely buy this brand again in a heartbeat, and would recommend to family and friends.

I love the appearance of this microwave. It is shiny and white, always looks clean. Can be very easily cleaned on the outside and still looks brand new. The size is about the same as most microwaves. I wish it were a little smaller but that would defeat the purpose of why I use this microwave. I love to be able to put a full size plate or large bowl in it, and also when I bake my potatoes, I love to put about 6 in at one time. It was a purchase I made not to cook food but to re-heat, and also to warm water or milk for coffee and hot chocolate, and to melt items for use in baking products. It's great for the little tasks. Cost was well under $100, takes up a minimal amount of space, functions well, the inside is easy to clean, too. It's pretty sturdy, stays in place well. I wish the button functions were easier to understand with regard to defrosting. This has always confused me so as a result, I never use it.

I normally don't care about looks, but if you like fancy stuff, feel free to buy this shiny microwave if you want to decorate your kitchen. It may cost a lot of money, but it will be worth it. Just be sure to save plenty of money in time to buy it before it's all gone for good. It's not too heavy or too light. So it shouldn't be too hard to carry and risk dropping. I have had no problem carrying it from my car to my house. It will heat up your food in no time. Especially if you're having leftovers for lunch and dinner. This is a microwave I'd recommend to everyone all around the world.

I bought my microwave for a good price. I bought it a few years back on black friday. I thought I got it for a great deal compared to what the other ones cost. I like how my microwave appears. It is a nice shiny color and it is a microwave that I would want sitting on top of my kitchen counter. I wish microwaves were smaller but I think the size of my microwave is pretty decent. It works great and super fast. The only thing is the buttons. The last three numbers does not work.

The microwave does a good job of cooking well and making the food taste good too. When you want the right brand consider the best to get the job done right. I think the Emerson microwave is a good cost since it will last a long time with all the functions you will need. So nice to have the popcorn button to cook the popcorn just right for eating. It is the full size of the microwave as you don't want a small one unless you need it small to fit only a small space on your counter. But I like the full size upon my stove to reach and be the right size. The microwave appearance is good since you can get the color you want and a lot of folks are looking to the stainless steel at this time. If you wish one color and easy to keep clean go with the white one.

I purchased Emerson microwave a reasonable price and it also came with a good warranty. I wanted something that was stylish and looked nice in the kitchen. The style was clean and bright with stainless steel on part of the face of the microwave. It always was good at reheating where the product would come out hot. Plus, the microwave was big enough for me. Not too small where it wouldn't hold a larger plate of food or too large where it would be bulky on the counter or cart. It was also lightweight and durable. Easy to clean and keep clean with removable tray. I was happy about that because I'm always cleaning around the house.

Needs a better power settings. Prefer a child safety door so a young child cannot open it. It does have a safety feature so the timer cannot be set. The size is small and needs to be bigger for plates. You can only fit a saucer in it and you can forget trying to put a plate in it. But the value is good for the size and the wattage is also good. This is ideal for college students. I like the color red on it but they could have more colors than just red maybe blue, black. The touchpad is ok but the letters on it could be a lot better. Also, the sides feel a little flimsy. It is made ok but could be built better. But it's easy to use and understand how to operate it.

This is nice and easy to clean. It has a nice size and is good looking on my counter. At first this is good price and you get what you pay for with this microwave. I'm happy with it and would buy the same kind next time.

After reading the reviews on the Emerson microwave, I now realize that calling the company is probably a waste of time. I try to keep it clean but nothing in my house is perfectly clean. I heat up a recommended solution of vinegar and water in my microwave, then wipe clean. Even though I try to keep it clean, I too have experienced flaking, rusting, and sparks coming from our microwave. What's remarkable is that it still works. Even though the turntable is cutting into the metal. I guess it's time to get a new one, the problem is they don't make things like they used to. Everything's disposable these days.

Bought microwave oven in July 2016. Stop working. Called the company. "Yes send it to us and we'll replace it." Now the oven cost 86. And 5 dollars for additional warranty. Now to send it to them to replace it 30.30 to send it to them so a 86. Microwave now costs 121.10 but I guess you get what you pay for.

After our old microwave stopped working, we went out looking for a replacement. After checking online reviews and consumers thoughts, we bought this one. The previous one was a Panasonic and that worked extremely well also, but with three teenagers at home at the time, it was sure to fail due to teens unknowingly slamming the door shut and starting and stopping it. Though my wife has passed I use this Emerson every day and am always confident it will work when I push the buttons. I've had this microwave for nine years. I haven't had a single problem with it and it continues to function flawlessly.

Emerson Microwave is a good brand - never needs repairs, gets my food hot. Also, the timer is easy to use. I've had it for 4 yrs. I purchased the microwave at Walmart for a good price. It's not too small or too large - fits my counter perfectly.

My Emerson microwave is truly a blessing. It does everything it says it can do each and every time. I will keep buying this brand microwave. I use it at least 6 times daily. Best one if you want my opinion.

Well it has some great features, but it's the first one we've owned that overheats and shuts off! This microwave has a grilling feature which is nice and works fairly well. The size is perfect for our dinnerware, but if we need to heat something or cook something that takes 10+ minutes it's just luck of the draw as to whether or not it will make through or overheat. We have to move it out from the wall and cupboards so nothing stops the air around it from being impeded which will cause the overheating problem.

It gets the job done. Most microwaves have usually been slow or really awkward to operate. The center plate that rotates the dish you are preparing always gave me trouble, but this one has always worked so smoothly. We have owned it almost 4 years now and it has never given us any trouble.

I was getting ready to head out when I noticed my Emerson MWG9115SB microwave started spinning on its own. I opened the door and that stopped the spinning. I closed it and it started spinning again. I immediately unplugged it. Being a dog mom of three I am not taking any chances in keeping this unit in my home. If it happened once it will happen again.

I purchased this microwave (Model MW9338SB) and within a few months it started making a weird noise. We kept an eye on it and one day it just burst into flames. I called Emerson to see if they could do anything for me. They said that it was my fault because there was food particles inside of the microwave. They offer to replace it with the same model but I had to send $15 for shipping. And they wouldn't do anything else. I declined the new microwave because it was the exact same model and I think it would be a hazard in my home. Do not purchase this hazardous piece of equipment!

My daughter bought a microwave back in 2011 and all the top from the inside was like a bubbles so I call and they send one to us. Now this microwave is messed up. I called them and they said that since they sent this one in 2012 it had no more warranty. I was just letting them know that they have a problem with their microwave because my 9 year old grandson came to me and told me that the microwave was making fire so I checked and it was true. You can see in the pictures that there is a hole and that the metal is gone from there.

The Emerson Microwave turned on by itself when I was not home. It caused a smoking condition throughout my brand new apartment and hall. The police and fire department were called and had to gain entry to stop the oven from continuing burning. Huge fans were brought in to clear the smoke and awful smell in my apartment and hallway. I had to stay somewhere else from Sept. 29, 2016 - Oct. 3, 2016 until the smoke was cleared. I have heard that the Emerson Microwave has a history of turning on by itself. I want to know if there is a class action suit or more complaints similar to mine re: Emerson Microwaves.

It is a very serious problem. People must be warned before someone is seriously injured or dies from a fire. I appreciate any input you have on this Emerson Microwave defect. I am grateful no one was seriously hurt or worse from this defect. The fire department took the microwave with them. I am left with scorched marble kitchen counter and severe stress reaction from this near tragedy.

Do not remember when this microwave was bought, I think it was bought in 2014. But let me just say, unlike the Panasonic Microwave which is the current microwave that cuts off Wi-Fi, this microwave barely even cut off our internet! Whenever this was used, little to no chances of the internet cutting off. However, only 1 problem, which is why this is 3 stars instead of 5: After 1 1/2 years this microwave broke down in April 2016. I have a family member that I go to all the time that has a Hamilton Beach Microwave and no problems with it either so far. I would recommend this microwave UNLIKE PANASONIC MICROWAVE! Be aware, it might break after at least 2 years from purchase date.

I have an Emerson MW1337SB microwave that would start the turntable turning whenever I opened the door - the microwave producing part wouldn't start because of all the interlocks, but just the turntable. It was out of warranty, so I took it apart. Found that one of the three microswitches operated by the door handle was obviously broken. Got a new switch for about $6 and replaced it. Worked fine for another year until the turntable motor stopped working. That part is another $26-60 if you can find it at all. Might be time to just get another whole machine. WARNING: Do not open up a microwave unless you are comfortable working with high voltage and have discharged the large capacitor before starting repairs! IT CAN KILL YOU IF DONE INCORRECTLY! I should disclose that this microwave is in the kitchen of my office and is used probably 30-40 times per day.

Emerson Microwave Company Profile