4.25/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

12 Hotpoint Microwaves Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2017

All I had to do was set up time of day on my Hotpoint but I did not know how to reset the factory setting. Wish you could change the factory setting, let people set up their own preset buttons and use the time I wanted. And they should have a better timer and longer beeps to let me know the mac is done. I wish I had gotten the over the oven kind but love the one I have. It works great and cost little. I have had the best luck with Hotpoint, but would like to check out other brand names. I would tell others to buy the big under the counter one.

Original review: July 17, 2017

The microwave is very simple to use and was not too complicated to set up. It fits into a cabinet so it was a little difficult to get it to fit but other than that there was no problem to setting it up. It meets my needs very well and I have no problems with it. I like the fact that the microwave is large and will accommodate large things. I like the fact that there are different settings for the power so I can use half-power for some things instead of full power. I like the black color which goes with my kitchen appliances. But I dislike the fact that there are no settings geared toward specific things. For instance there are no settings with times for baked potatoes and things of that nature. I like the specifics of how long things need to cook for this specific microwave oven and this one does not have that. I have to guess at how long to zap things.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2017

For the price I would tell everyone to get one. It has a great name, it fits really good with the rest of the kitchen and heats nice. It has great features, it's easy for the kids to use, and they can make their own dinner when I don't have the time to do it myself. But it needs to be a little bigger than it is. It can only hold small dishes, not really a lot which I don't like about it. But it works better than the other brands that are out there. It was a good price too. It can be installed by anyone and you don't have to have very many tools to do it. It came with great instructions and was real easy to put in under the stove. I did it all myself. Overall, very satisfied with it.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Setting up the Hotpoint microwave was very easy. The packaging was not difficult to remove and the three prong grounded plug is a good feature of safety. The control panel is user-friendly and was easy to figure out even without the manual. Also, the touch sensitive panel is easy to use, and takes little pressure to enter the number or function you are putting in. But I dislike the turntable and the plastic ring with the three rollers is rather flimsy. When you use a large dish the turntable often hesitates instead of turning freely. This can cause uneven cooking of the food in the dish and can lead to boil over on some food items, resulting in a mess to clean up.

Original review: July 11, 2017

This microwave have all the features that would possibly want. The controls are very easy to use. The lighted controls are easy on the eyes and respond to a very light touch. I really like the reheat option and the defrost option. The manual is easy to comprehend but as I get older I would like the manuals to have the printing just a tad larger. Other than that, the setup, functions and controls are very easy to understand. The best mico-wave I have ever used.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotpoint Microwaves?

Original review: July 9, 2017

The microwave was very easy to use. I bought it, took it home, and plugged it in. I couldn't believe how easy it was to set up, and how fast I could start using my microwave. However, the microwave that I own at the moment, is not very tall, so I cannot fit anything into it larger than a cereal bowl. That is very involving because I like to heat my food in the microwave in large bowls. But other than that, I highly appreciate the one-touch heat time buttons. I also like how evenly all the food cooks inside the microwave. Also, all of the special feature buttons, such as popcorn, are timed perfectly. I highly recommend the brand.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I like that the microwave cooks quickly and large capacity. Like the high wattage too and food gets done relatively evenly. It's lasted a long time and makes relatively little noise. Great for beginning or end of the day meals. But stainless steel might have been better for outside. Glass rotating dish and cavity can be burdensome to clean. Wish it was easier to clean. Would like a more stain resistant, less easily scratchable surface. More intuitive control programming would be a great improvement. White color becomes greasy brown over time. Setting up and using it is simple though. All I had to do was take it out of box, plug it in and plop it down in kitchen. It's a snap. And remove styrofoam and plastic too. Then just add water and pop the food inside.

Original review: July 3, 2017

The Hotpoint microwave is very simple to use. I like this microwave and it works great for me. It comes in various colors. I like the minute buttons that are pre-programmed. It's easy to read, use and function. I would like these functions on my next microwave. If I were to replace this I would look into another Hotpoint. Never had any problems with it in 12 yrs and I would recommend this brand to anyone looking for a microwave.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I like that I can heat or thaw anything in my microwave. Using it was very simple and I love that I didn't need any help to use it and love the way it has easy to use instructions and love the color. I love all the features mine has and it works great. And my family loves it also.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The microwave is an attractive unit that came at a good price with an excellent warranty. The unit is energy saving and features a rotating tray and LED display. I like the fact that it cooks evenly and quickly. Setup and use of the microwave is extremely simple and you can be cooking in minutes. The product exceeded my expectations at an excellent price and is very useful for kids and seniors looking for a quick meal. It works as advertised. The only improvement that I can think of is to make the unit a bit smaller. This takes up quite a bit of overall counter space in a small kitchen.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I like that my microwave has one button push for convenience and it is a powerful microwave. This is a brand I would recommend to anyone. I am satisfied with it just how it is. It is just the right size and fits nicely on my countertop. It was very easy to set up and is simple to use. I enjoy my microwave. It more than meets my needs and expectations, and I am very happy with it. It cooks food very quickly.

Original review: May 15, 2017

The Hotpoint microwave is very simple to use and the controls are easy to use. I like that it is touch screen and has many different heating options (such as defrost with varying types of food choices for proper defrost time). It also has a revolving platter to ensure that the food is heated evenly. I am quite satisfied with the features it already has and I'm happy with its current configuration.

Hotpoint Microwaves Company Information