Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Kenmore Microwave
3.19/5

Kenmore Microwave

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Microwave Reviews

Original review: July 20, 2019

The Kenmore Microwave was expensive when we purchased in 2015 but has proven to be reliable. Cooks foods evenly with the turntable. Easy to clean and easy operation. The black color looks good with our black appliances as well. Easy cleaning and well designed microwave and I would highly recommend the Kenmore brand to my friends and family.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I use my microwave everyday. It heats evenly. I also love the sensor heating element. You key in the type and amount of servings and the microwave senses the length of time needed to cook or reheat. It is a hood microwave and the fan comes on automatically if it senses too much heat. I maintain the service warranty annually in case it stops working. It is very easy to clean and has quiet operation.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought this over the range microwave from Sears a couple of years ago. I thought that 1000 watts would be plenty. However most food that you buy for the microwave directions, usually state 1100 watt ovens. The food doesn't seem to stay hot as long as food cooked on the range or in a conventional oven.

Original review: July 9, 2019

My wife bought this microwave oven in 2014. It came with a set of dishwasher and oven. We have been using for a long time without having any problems. That's why I gave it such a high rating. The price was not bad. I would refer it to anybody who was looking for a nice microwave oven.

Original review: July 1, 2019

We purchased this microwave 16 years ago when we built our house. It has worked every single day. We've never had to have it repaired or serviced. It matches all the other appliances in our kitchen. It's quiet and efficient. We cook popcorn, defrost meals and meats, reheat meals especially during the holidays. It was a great buy and we have been pleased with it for 16 years!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: July 23, 2019

I love the way it looks and the way it works. It is so easy to clean and so big inside. I have had this microwave for six years and have never had a problem with it. I will never own anything but a Kenmore.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Easy to understand and use. This microwave is powerful. We’ve had it for 21 years with a lot of use and it still works perfectly. The add one minute is the most convenient feature. The ability to adjust the power is also very easy.

Original review: July 21, 2019

This microwave is a dual machine as it not only a microwave but also functions as a convection oven with a combo function which I has not used. The buttons for different special items (popcorn, etc) works well. The reheat button allows a selection of different dishes.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I like ours because it’s also an oven. It would have been nice if there is a reasonably priced model that fits in a kitchen island or cabinet drawer instead of top of stove because it’s in the way while someone is cooking.

Original review: July 15, 2019

We've had this microwave for almost 15 years and it works the same today as it did then. We purchased it in a bundle with other Kenmore appliances, and we have been happy with it! It's never given us any problems, and it cooks very quickly.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a household name in many parts of the world. The company has more than a century of experience in the appliance industry and provides a wide range of high-quality products that include ovens, microwaves, vacuum cleaners, cooking pots and other home essentials.

• Wide selection: Kenmore has dozens of microwaves available, each with its own set of special features. They are manufactured in different colors, sizes and price points.

• Diamondback: The Diamondback technology of certain Kenmore microwaves eradicates the need for the rotating plate. The microwaves bounce off the diamond indentations and are redirected to provide even heating.

• Freezer to plate: The continual heating selection allows you to defrost and then cook various items without having to stop and reset the microwave.

• Convection: The convection setting allows you to change from conventional microwave heating to fan-powered convection through a heated element. This is better for roasting and baking.

• High wattage: Kenmore microwaves are manufactured in a variety of sizes and wattages. The energy capacity of these ovens reaches up to 1100 watts.

• Best for: Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs