Find a Microwaves partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Kenmore Microwave

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Microwave?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have a Kenmore Over The Range microwave. It is a great microwave. It cooks well, and easy to clean. My favorite feature is the minute plus. If you need to add time to the cooking time simply press the number one button for each minute you need to add. This feature enables adding time easy and convenient. The thing I dislike the most is the amount of time before the end timer signal goes off the second time. It sounds when done then again in less than a minute. This is particularly annoying to me. I wholeheartedly would recommend this microwave.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

We continue to use our 1986 countertop Kenmore Microwave (model 87627) several times a week. Still works perfectly, display and keypad never had a glitch. Even the original light bulb works. My point? We have had much newer Sears Elite appliances that have not lasted as long, or the display/control panels burn out, refrigerator diffusers stop working, light switches fail, some push buttons stop working, etc. They don't make them like they used to.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

I have consistently had good luck when purchasing Kenmore products, and the microwave is no exception. I got it at a reduced price on a Black Friday, and it has consistently performed well with accurate "doneness" based on recommended settings. It is easy to clean and is 9 years old... so it was a good choice.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I've had this microwave since October 2005. It's never been serviced. It is digital and very modern and sleek looking above the range by the same maker. The displays make it very user friendly. The options for different types of food prep are many. I just can't say enough good things about it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

It has been reliable so far for 2 years and never an issue. Had one Kenmore microwave before for 15 years before it gave out and never an issue. They are worth the money and easy to use. I would recommend any product that is kenmore. Refrigerator, stove and microwave since I have owned all 3.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I have a built-in Kenmore microwave (not my choice). I just don't like it when compared to my older Whirlpool or Panasonic microwaves. It lacks the conveniences the others had and doesn't seem like it works as good as them. One thing that gets on my nerve is the weird sound it makes when it is done.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Purchased the Kenmore pro microwave oven. Beautiful looking appliance for my new kitchen. I loved the features along with the over the stove lighting. It was the first microwave I owned that had useful lighting. I never had any problems with it. Then it happened--one year and 7 days later it stopped working. Out of warranty, out of luck.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Turntable never functioned correctly. Clock does not work. Never worked from beginning. Defrost numbers malfunction. They said turn things manually every few minutes. Could not be fixed to work. Very aggravating to say the least, I will never purchase another one.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Controls are not confusing and are easy to understand. There are enough settings for all my needs and uses. Unit is just the right size for the over the stove use and easy to reach. It is easy to clean, the tray is a good quality glass and not too heavy.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

It’s a microwave with convection built in, I use it more than my oven, convenient and easy from defrost to heating food or baking scrumptious deserts. It’s a great choice to work with, the settings are easy visible. Works like a charm, love it.

Kenmore Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a household name in many parts of the world. The company has more than a century of experience in the appliance industry and provides a wide range of high-quality products that include ovens, microwaves, vacuum cleaners, cooking pots and other home essentials.

• Wide selection: Kenmore has dozens of microwaves available, each with its own set of special features. They are manufactured in different colors, sizes and price points.

• Diamondback: The Diamondback technology of certain Kenmore microwaves eradicates the need for the rotating plate. The microwaves bounce off the diamond indentations and are redirected to provide even heating.

• Freezer to plate: The continual heating selection allows you to defrost and then cook various items without having to stop and reset the microwave.

• Convection: The convection setting allows you to change from conventional microwave heating to fan-powered convection through a heated element. This is better for roasting and baking.

• High wattage: Kenmore microwaves are manufactured in a variety of sizes and wattages. The energy capacity of these ovens reaches up to 1100 watts.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team