Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

373 Emerson Microwave Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have had my Emerson microwave going on 8 years now. What made me write this review was the multiple things I’ve put this poor microwave through. Today I accidentally left my metal spoon inside of the bowl of soup I was making again... It was perfectly fine and works great still. Moved around, slammed around, fallen off the counter. It’s been used every almost since I bought it. Still works great. I couldn’t ask for a better fake way to heat things up. This is a 900 watt microwave I bought at K-mart for $75.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I loved my Emerson microwave with Grill function. Till it malfunctioned and melted my microwave popcorn bowl that is MADE to use in the microwave. 2.5 minutes, as instructed by the wattage, and has been done 50 or more times before, and it melted it down to a pile of melted/burnt smoking glob. It was wrecked. Both microwave and bowl. I went to Walmart and bought the same identical microwave. It only took a keep for it to MALFUNCTION. When now popping microwave popcorn in a paper bag, it STARTED ON FIRE!!! FIRE in just over a minute of the 2 minutes the popcorn button was set at!! The grill was smoking hot on the top side.

Wal-Mart would not return it without a receipt, dispute the cashier remembering me the month before telling her how it nearly set my house on fire. Last night, IT NEARLY SET MY HOUSE on FIRE!!! I was using a pampered chef steamer that so have had 14 years, and use daily for vegetables or leftovers. I used the 3 minute quick button. And the GRILL STARTED/MALFUNCTIONED AGAIN and MELTED MY PAMPERED CHEF pot, the food in it, and was on fire!! I was able to grab the glass turn table with a potholder and throw it outside and use the hose to put the fire out!! This time, if they don't help me, I will be starting a lawsuit!!!

Original review: July 15, 2017

I own a small Emerson microwave oven. The unit has a nice feature in that all you have to do is touch the 1, 2 or 3 button and it runs for 1, 2 or 3 minutes without having to actually punch in the time you are selecting which is a longer process. Likewise touching the start button gives you 30 seconds of operation. The irony of this is that the item you place in the front of the turntable always ends up in the rear of the unit when you go to remove it. I'm wondering why a co. would design such a convenient feature but didn't think it through enough to allow for easy retrieval at the completion of the convenience feature. I suspect poor engineering is the culprit as is sadly the case in many of the products of today!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have had two Emerson microwaves. I owned the 1st one about a year but it began making strange sounds so Emerson replaced it with the one I now have. I have had the replacement microwave oven a little over 2 years and now the turntable starts turning when you open the door... The Customer Service department said I will have to have a technician fix the problem because it is out of warranty. I chose Emerson because of my familiarity with the brand name and believed they would have an excellent product. But a microwave should last longer than 2 years, especially since it's mainly used to heat food!!! I'm rather disappointed with the Emerson microwaves. I've had two in a short period of time and had problems with both!!! No more Emersons.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Highly recommended to all buyers, shoppers and to the families that really want a highly easy, convenient process especially when it comes to meats and stuff. The whole products are good. Its features are great and it's safe. The durability itself are great, enough to cooked big stuff esp. meats and other kind of "ovenated" foods. The size is fit as what I expected. I like it because is not that big, not that small. It's perfect for me. The appearances are pretty good enough. Overall it's satisfied me a lot. It's high quality and pretty gorgeous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emerson?

Original review: May 4, 2017

I love this microwave. It is the best microwave I've owned. It is a standard size and it works well for my family of 3 people. It works like a microwave should. It heats up my food without burning it, as long as I read the instructions on the food I'm cooking. I can clean it easily. This is a very durable microwave. It has lasted for 16 years. It is like a member of the family. Not even the turnplate has broken in this. It works perfectly... That is what is important.

Original review: April 29, 2017

It is the most beautiful microwave I ever, ever seen in my entire life. Nothing compares to an Emerson. The size works for me. Don't like the big and bulky ones. Considering what I paid for it, it works well, not powerful but it gets the job done. But could use more power or wattages and maybe a little bigger inside. It also needs a reheat option.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Cooks water fine for coffee. I cook alone mostly and do drink instant coffee so 1 min and 11 seconds is perfect for my morning coffee. It also defrosts meats for dinner fine. The frozen meals are heated properly and the popcorn is great, plus the tray spins and cooks foods evenly and thoroughly. The kitchen timer is fine and the clock can be seen and works grand. The cost was 100 dollars and fit myself fine and the power is 11000 watts, perfect for me alone. The colour selection was great. Mine is black, which matches my other appliances. Also, perfect size for the self-built custom, plus not too big to take up much space.

Original review: April 27, 2017

The brand is very reputable and Emerson Microwave worked fairly well. Plus the cost was very reasonable. It was durable and had most functions a typical microwave would have. It had reheat, defrost, and specific levels for different types of foods. It was good for reheating foods or making popcorn. But it took longer than usual to cook potatoes. It did not heat frozen foods well. My microwave was white with a black front. It was easy to care for and clean. It was not full size but perfect for someone with limited space or who just wants to reheat food or cook fresh vegetables. I purchased the smallest unit they had at that time due to lack of counter space in my apartment. But I would suggest a larger unit.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have owned my Emerson Microwave for about 13 years and it seems pretty durable. I heat up many items from the freezer in it and use it every morning for oatmeal. It wasn't that expensive so I am getting my money's worth. It's an average size microwave, big enough to suit my needs. It fits perfectly on my counter and doesn't take up an enormous amount of space. The microwave I own is standard white. It's low key and it blends into my kitchen and always looks clean. I like it a lot and it works good.

Emerson Microwave Company Information