Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sharp Microwave Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

Model No. : R-551ZS. It has instant start 1-6 and 30 sec when the start button is pressed, which are great features. Also the sensor reheat (SR) button works great. When we first purchased it I burnt some popcorn because I pushed the wrong button and the bag caught on fire. We had to unplug and take the microwave outside to cool down and it has worked perfectly even after that catastrophe. The coffee reheat button is 1min 10 secs which I wish was 1min 20 secs. Overall it is a great microwave oven. Purchased at Walmart and not overpriced. I would recommend this oven.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I purchased this unit years ago, as it was not only a microwave, but a toaster oven, baker, grill, in a small countertop unit that does not take up much room - I would say that it is similar to the new microwaves that air fry, convection, etc. Works great at everything - the only downfall is that the microwave is only 600 watts, but the trade off is having all the other options to choose from.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

This was gifted to me 6 years ago, by someone who moved into a house that had a built-in microwave. I am not sure how long they had it, but I was in need of one at the time. It has worked great, but the presets on it for cook, defrost and reheat are just about useless. It does have a quick start, that runs for one minute, perfect for heating up coffee and small amounts, or it can just be pushed more than one. Also, it has a rotating glass tray which is easy to clean.

Original review: July 10, 2019

This is an under counter “drawer” type MW. It has all the features one might need and works well. Instead of a rotating plate it has a dispersion unit built into the unit. One downside is that the control panel is not backlighted and this is minor problem but for those who don’t want to turn on the lights to make a bag of popcorn it is a problem. The drawer operates smoothly and there are no spills on opening or closing as long as you use the auto function which can be overridden just by pulling on the drawer. However not a good idea to do that if you have a bowl or cup full of liquid.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Sharp is the originator of the 'carousel' function. When I needed to replace my microwave oven, I had to travel a bit to purchase it. Seems like some stores stop carrying this brand; for reasons unknown to me. The performance; versatility; durability are second to none. I've had no problems to write about. Primary uses are - warming leftovers, heating water, melting butter, popcorn, defrosting. Lots of settings, 1.2 cu. ft. capacity, and it has a 'night light'. In use over six years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

The Microwave caught fire as a result of using the microwave sensor cooking option to cook a medium size potato. It burned the potato to crisp leaving the oven scorched and ruined. Apparently this is not an isolated incident and in my opinion it is an safety issue that should be addressed by Sharp ASAP. My confidence with sharp and its products has been shattered. Would never buy again.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I bought a microwave and the light blew after 5 months. I got a replacement, and the same thing happened within 6 months. It is a design fault. They are no longer using incandescent lights which would last years. Sharp are trying to reduce energy consumption with new electronic low energy circuit lights which have a short life span. I was advised in store that Sharp know about it and are trying to rectify. I asked if I could return the microwave given it was twice in 12 months, and Sharp have said NO.

Another issue is the clock doesn't run properly. I thought my husband was accidentally pressing wrong buttons, but looking at other reviews, seems this also is a problem with clock not keeping correct time. The warranty is only 12 months, so be warned, if you buy this microwave, based on my experience, you may be visiting the service centre every 6 months, and having to pay for the replacement bulb after the the 12 month warranty runs out. Very disappointed in Sharp, having been an avid user for over 30 years. Customer Care response was a definite no. You can't return. Go to service center - and it will take 2-4 weeks to repair. Not a satisfactory solution given it has happened twice now in 12 months.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My son bought us this microwave about 7 years ago and haven't had any problems with it. We use it on a daily basis. It is perfect for all of our needs, reheating, warming up, making popcorn, and actually cooking in it.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have included a previously Sharp Microwave within a solid black color since 1999, & that was working very fine & fully clear for 19 following years. But it recently had external digital signals that were unfortunately not working, so I purchased a brand new Sharp Microwave while now within a solid white version. But few months later after including minor water breeze inside (after microwaving something), the metal within the internal rear --> is unfortunately becoming rusted!! So why would Sharp include this specified Metal Wall inside (or something similar). for unfortunately including that!!!

Original review: July 21, 2019

This is just strong enough for what I need, compact enough to fit on the top of the fridge and was a good value for the price. I would buy another one like this again as it has worked well for 4 years. It is easy to clean and has a turntable.

Sharp TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a top electronics and appliance brand that strives to be involved in every aspect of your technological lifestyle. From televisions to washing machines, they do it all. Sharp products are designed to be aesthetically pleasing as well as effective.

• Sharp microwave drawer: The built-in microwave drawer lets you tuck the appliance away when it is not in use.

• Commercial microwaves: Sharp provides medium-duty and heavy-duty commercial microwaves with high wattage, up to 1200 watts.

• Low cost countertop models: Sometimes you just need a microwave without all the frills and special features. Sharp has a full line of affordable and dependable microwaves.

• Quick-cook buttons: Sharp microwaves feature "Popcorn," "Defrost," "Potato" and many more pre-sets.

• Built-in kits: The kit allows you to install the microwave yourself without having to hire someone else to put it in the kitchen.

• Best for: Singles, couples and commercial kitchens. These microwaves come in three basic ranges: smaller ovens, classic ovens and commercial ovens.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs