Sharp Microwave

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Sharp Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

We bought a Sharp microwave drawer. Brand new. $1300. From day one the auto close malfunctioned and instead of closing, the drawer would pop back out. Technician came to look at it. He said it would be a 3 hour repair and didn’t have tools necessary. I contacted sharp and told them we would rather replace it. They refused, stating warranty is only for parts and service. ON A BRAND NEW ITEM THAT'S BROKEN??? Will never buy their items again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I purchased model # 1132 CS 8 months ago. The control panel is out. I contacted Lowe's and was told the 1 year is a manufacturer warranty. The number-1800BESHARP does not connect. I'm frustrated. I chose to go with a more expensive brand name in hopes of the product lasting longer. That doesn't seem to be the case. I'm highly disappointed in "customer service", or lack thereof.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

We tried to live with it, turning off breaker to reset computer in appliance in hopes that would correct issue. That worked for a while, giving us another week or so, or several and then the panel was on the fritz again. They say warranty starts from purchase not from when we began using it, which was in October 2021. What?! It sat in our living room from July to October while kitchen was being remodeled. The product failed before year was out, control pad was completely on the fritz. Unit would turn on like Disney's fantasia microwave, without being instructed to do so. You'd close the drawer it would turn on. Open drawer it would turn on again. You'd push a button to get a certain power or time and no response. Very expensive microwave for such a short shelf life. We are very sorry we purchased.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

We were excited to receive our new Sharp microwave drawer. Unfortunately, it arrived broken and we cannot reach anyone at Sharp to help us fix the problem. I've called daily for the last 4 days and have gotten one email with the message that the issue is "being reviewed". When I have connected to someone, it's been an operator in another country with a TERRIBLE phone connection or headset so scratchy, I can't hear/understand them. No matter because when I HAVE been able to talk to someone, they have no idea how to help or answer any of my questions, saying "Someone will get back to you" -- only to have me wait, never getting a call or an answer.

The company is AWFUL. And the drawer sucks. It would have been MUCH better to just use our old inexpensive countertop microwave. What a waste of money!!! And such an unprofessional, terrible company to try and deal with. I absolutely do NOT recommend buying ANY product from Sharp. I know we will avoid them at all costs. It's just not worth the headache. TERRIBLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I do not have enough electrical power for the larger microwave that I would like to have as I cook a lot and could really benefit from a larger model. I am a senior citizen on a very fixed income and therefore cannot afford to have my home rewired at this particular time.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Microwave starts on its own and doesn’t shut off. Manufacturers was contacted about the defect and offered $40 off to buy another fire hazard instead of replacing the microwave. DON'T WASTE YOUR SAFETY.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I purchase this Sharp carousel microwave in 2019, yesterday popping popcorn, it have been making noise and sparks before but it stopped, I ignored it because it did not do it all the time. Yesterday popping popcorn there sparks, smoke, then fire in microwave. I am glad I was still in kitchen when it happened. Was it a recall on this model SMC1131C.

Original review: July 14, 2021

We just purchased this microwave and found that the instructions for setting the power level are incomplete. There is no mention that you have to set the cooking time before setting the power level. Otherwise, the microwave is great so far. It is attractive, is just the right size for the space in which it is used and cooks well. My mother had a Sharp microwave for over 25 years and it worked perfectly every time.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I bought this Carousel Microwave oven New in 1983. It has the Temp Probe/Sensor. Everything on it still works. I have changed the light bulb twice in it. The best appliance I ever bought. When I bought it I was just starting in the USAF. This microwave has stood up to numerous moves. I feel it deserves a craftsmanship award. If Sharp ever makes another one like this, I would love to have one.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

When we moved to our new residence in 2010, we needed a microwave. I got in my car and drove to the closest department store, which happened to be Target, and they have one on a clearance sale; a Sharp 1200 watts microwave, Model No. R-520KS-T. I hesitated some before purchasing it because I was afraid it wouldn't last but we were in a budget and needed a microwave right away, so I took the chance and bought it. This was 10 years ago, and since then, it has worked without any issues. In 2018, my wife and I decided to upgrade all our kitchen appliances, including the microwave.

The price for the new microwave was over $900 more than the Sharp microwave. We had built a patio addition to the house and decided to keep the Sharp microwave for the occasional outdoor cooking. On December 2020, the new microwave broke down, so while waiting for it to be repaired we brought the older Sharp microwave back into the kitchen. It still works as the same day it was purchased, no issues and we love it more than ever. We are still waiting for the manufacture of the newer microwave to get it repaired, while in the meantime our beloved Sharp microwave still kicking and cooking those occasional quick meals without any issues whatsoever.

Sharp TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sharp is a well-known electronics and appliance brand that strives to be involved in every aspect of your technological lifestyle. Sharp products are designed to be aesthetically pleasing as well as effective.

• Sharp microwave drawer: The built-in microwave drawer lets you tuck the appliance away when it is not in use.

• Commercial microwaves: Sharp provides medium-duty and heavy-duty commercial microwaves with high wattage, up to 1200 watts.

• Low cost countertop models: Sometimes you just need a microwave without all the frills and special features. Sharp has a full line of affordable and dependable microwaves.

• Quick-cook buttons: Sharp microwaves feature "Popcorn," "Defrost," "Potato" and many more pre-sets.

• Built-in kits: The kit allows you to install the microwave yourself without having to hire someone else to put it in the kitchen.

Sharp Microwave Company Information