Magic Chef Microwave

Compare Microwaves

Research top Microwaves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have no trouble with Magic Chef Microwave MCD1110ST1 operating. Only had it 4 days. But cannot read the control panel (have had 5 others check if they could and they could not also). You have to get up within 2-3 inches to see it. Reflection and light lettering - basically told can't suggest anything, go exchange it. Anyone else have this useless microwave, why designed that way.

The microwave has 1200 watts of power to cook a lot of items very efficiently. And it also offers many different functions/features. It is a good product. The price that I paid for the microwave I feel was a very good value. I have used it for at least a year, and it still works very good. I like that the product has a lot of convenient features on the panel. Also, the size of this microwave was small enough on the outside to fit within my limited cupboard space, but still provided plenty of room on the inside. More so, the appearance of the product met my expectations completely. The only difference is that it was white in color, and I would have preferred something more like a silver.

The microwave works well. It even reminds you if you've left something in it. The light inside works and the beep isn't too annoying. This microwave was a good value. I bought it on sale. I haven't had any issues with it at all and would recommend Magic Chef to anyone who needs a microwave. This microwave is black. It's easy to clean and there is plenty of room inside. It also matches the rest of the appliances in my kitchen. I'm glad I bought this microwave. However, this microwave does take up a lot of counter space. The door swings out pretty far. This is my only complaint with this microwave.

The microwave that I purchased was exactly what I had hoped for. It works efficient and heat is distributed evenly throughout the food. The size is great for smaller spaces but large enough for all my microwave needs. It requires very little space to work properly. I also like the appearance and the design is sleek and modern as well as easy to clean up. I also was pleased with the cost of the microwave and would recommend this brand to others.

My microwave works well. Always consistent cooking and temperatures. Lasted for over 20 years, not many things will last that long. Considering that it only cost a little over one hundred dollars, I figure for lasting over 20 years, that is a great value. I used it daily, many, many, many times. Definitely big enough to cook anything you would want to cook in a microwave. However, I do not normally cook many things in a microwave, as I think they are mostly for warming up things or melting butter or chocolate. The microwave looks nice, would fit into any kitchen, office, dorm room or break room decor. Unobtrusive and easy to fit on any table, countertop or another surface.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magic Chef Microwaves?

It worked well and did its job. Good brand. Enjoyed it. I loved it for ten year then we had a power surge and it went out. It was an amazing appliance working every time day in and out. Easy to clean, easy to function, and great for all ages to run from great grandpa to small grandchildren. The size was large enough for all the big dishes for a large family but a little large as the children grew up and we downsized. We kept it because it was a great appliance. It was white. Economical to run, fun to use, and worth the price I paid for it.

This microwave oven worked well in my small kitchen and fit nicely on my apartment counter. It was powerful for its size and it heated food well, quickly and evenly. Though nondescript, the appliance was not ugly. It kept its shine, was easy to keep clean and stayed new looking for a long time. The appliance lasted a long time, which made it a good value. I was very happy with my purchase.

Heats fast, quiet as a microwave can be and easy to clean. It is a lot smaller in size and shorter compared to my old one that weighs a ton. This one is light enough that sometimes cleaning it out the whole things moves which is a downside but it is okay. It's very pretty and sleek. Red and black. Red has a little thin line to a thicker line across the front, the glass is tinted black and the inside has the usually clear glass and white wall. The popcorn button is a little long log for popcorn but not that hard to shut off. It was well worth the money, would buy another if I need it and would give as a gift if anyone needed one. Also recommended it to a relative and they bought it and seem to like it so far, but it has only been a week.

Our Magic Chef Microwave has one touch controls with ease of operation and cleaning. Its browning unit makes the food look and feel like it was cooked in the oven, and its turntable gives easy and even cooking. It was a great value and the price could not be beaten. I would have been happy if I had paid up to $100.00, since the money saved by not having to use my oven is incomparable. It is small enough to fit on an elevated shelf but big enough to hold a large dinner plate and still have space for the turntable to fully rotate the plate without hitting the sides of the microwave. It has black background with highlighted number keypad and instruction keys. It also has large open button which is a one touch easy opener. It's brightly lighten and item can be seen through a see thru panel in the door.

This microwave is high performance and very good looking, also glad was able to choose a nice color - a black and silver model. It's easy to wipe clean and like the shine when the unit is sitting in my kitchen all clean and sleek looking. It is also a medium sized unit with good height and width and have never encountered an instance where I could not fit what I wanted to cook or heat up in the oven. This microwave also has high wattage and is good at heating food quickly and evenly. I am able to reheat a dinner plate from the refrigerator in less than 3 minutes and it is always hot to my liking. This is a quality microwave that I would be happy to recommend to friends.

It had nice features like defrost, reheat, and popcorn buttons. I liked that it was easy to use, very simple to operate without any instructions and not hard to set the timer or clock. It was not very expensive and served its purpose well. No defects or problems with its functioning ability. So it was a good value and dependable. It is a good size and fits all cups, plates and bowls that I wanted to use in it. I can fit big bowls inside for popping popcorn and also fit my tall tea mugs. And I like that my large plates don't touch the sides when placed inside. I also like the colors and the nice sized buttons that are easy to read and that the microwave doesn't look massive and bulky on my kitchen counter.

Magic Chef Microwave does the job as I thought it would. If something does not come out right it is usually my or my wife's fault for not entering the correct times but the food always tastes right when you eat. We use it for almost every meal and when we want a quick snack. Also, it is great at thawing frozen meats as we keep plenty in the big freezer out in the garage. We have 2 microwaves and this one is the larger and heats foods for meals including frozen vegetables which we have for almost every dinner. Our kitchen is white and it fits in perfectly with the color scheme that my wife likes and it is much better than the one that came when we bought our home.

The microwave is durable, and easy to use and to follow instruction. It has different modes of cooking and has a turntable which cooks the food efficiently and evenly and easy to clean up. The size was perfect and efficient with roominess to cook large bowls and plates. The appearance was excellent and looks beautiful to sit on my countertop underneath my cabinets. It is stainless steel and has a classy look and matches all my other appliances. I checked out several stainless steel microwaves, and this was definitely the best value for the money. The black buttons you punch in for different cooking options is very attractive as well.

This microwave is quiet and has a lot of features that come in handy such as a button for potatoes, frozen items, thaw and cooking temperatures. It is highly durable, easy to clean and the brushed silver front matches with most kitchens. Many times the silver front cost much more than the basic black or white colored microwave. This Magic Chef was comparable to the prices of many microwaves of smaller size. Their size can fit a large casserole dish inside. It fits neatly on a shelf on a baker's rack but could also be placed on a small apartment size counter top without being in the way or taking up too much room. The brushed silver finish and black control panel matches almost all decors and one of the reasons I purchased this model. I feel this model is stylish, modern and perfect for all tastes and decors.

We paid under $100, so it came to less than $3 a year for the 36 years we had it and that is absolute value. It never needed to be repaired and for our simple needs, it was perfect. We were a family of four, until the kids grew up, and then just my wife and I for the last 20 years. We never made a turkey in it (can you?), but other than that, it always worked for what we needed. Until one day it just died (sob). We replaced it with another brand and are not satisfied with it.

We purchased this microwave to fit in the small kitchen closet space. It fits perfectly and is powerful enough for its small size to fill all our microwaving needs. Makes perfect popcorn. Heats TV dinners quicker than the instructions on the package indicate. This microwave is about as generic in appearance as can be. We would prefer a mid-century modern jet-age looking appliance, but the one we found was not powerful enough. Had to make do with this one. Works as advertised.

Fair price for a fairly generic product. It has held up for several years, and is easy to clean and reliable. I expect to own it for several more years.

Magic chef is a good product. Very efficient, easy to clean, nice features, and energy star qualified. It's also very easy to mount under cabinet and has nice colors, trim, and pleasing finishes to choose from. It blends in nicely with our lichen decor. IT's small enough to compliment kitchen, large enough for all the needs of a family of four. Easy to use, and good value for the price. Easy to upkeep, no troubles or device issues. Door takes a great deal of abuse with no issues. Would recommend. Have done so severally times to friends and family

The Magic Chef microwave works well and cooked all things perfectly. It's easy to use and keep clean, and it's large enough to cook whole chicken. Cooking time was also fast. It comes in different watts, and the size and wattage for microwave was well worth the price. Also, its size fits the space well. Compact but works like a full size. Very durable and lightweight, not bulky. It also comes in different colors and warranty. It looks great on the counter, not an eye sore and matches other appliances in the kitchen. Easy to read panel with large buttons and has settings for different foods. Can also find replacement parts easily.

The Magic Chef microwave always works and never failed. Had it for many years without a problem and everything still works and no parts have broken. It fits perfectly above the stove yet it is big enough to cook large portions of food. There are also countertop microwave ovens but we have little counter space so this one works best. We purchased the microwave at a discount store and it's cheaper than anywhere else we looked. We purchased a white microwave since our other appliances are also white. It has not yellowed in any way and the inside also is still looking good. The digital panel is still in good shape as well.

It has nice, clean appearance. It's white, and the inside is very roomy and has a useful turntable. The cooking instruction panel is easy to operate and has a number of useful ways to cook, reheat, warm etc. The price was very reasonable for a utilitarian over-the-range microwave. Very low price for a good, useful over-the-range microwave that does all the basic cooking, reheating, etc. functions that I need it to do. Mine is an over-the-range one with a turntable and is large enough. I don't recall other sizes that are available. It does what I need it to do, but has a very noisy fan. A less noisy fan would be desirable.

This is perfect microwave for you if you are looking for a perfect and good quality for a microwave brand. This is easy to operate and use for your everyday. The size of this brand is not just right and perfect in your kitchen or above your oven... you find also the different size that you are looking for and you're sure you'll love it. And the appearance is nice, beautiful and I love the color. The price is right and enough for your budget. I love my microwave and I can recommend this to everyone.

I love my Magic Chef microwave. I just loved the look from the minute I saw it. It is stainless steel and black. It not only looked great but it worked wonderfully. It was also nice looking too. It was medium size and perfect for the countertop. I loved the way it defrosted frozen meat. Unlike old one that cooked partly while defrosting, the Magic Chef did just right. The functions were readable and easy to see. Heating things up was a breeze, always was done evenly and all the one button functions were spot on too. Also, most cups fit at least for me. Always had problem with that in my old one, it never fit my to go coffee cups. Compared to my old one, it was the best. I don't recall how much I paid but the Magic Chef name in my opinion was great no matter what product but the microwave was well worth its cost.

The Magic Chef microwave performs effectively and it's really good. It's durable. I never had a problem with it and I've had it for over a year now. My microwave is a black color and it looks slick and nice. It looks decent and humble. It's a regular size microwave not too big not too small and doesn't take up too much counter space. It does a good job at heating up the food and the price was also reasonable.

We have owned this microwave for several years. It was a good price when purchased new, and has maintained a consistent performance throughout the years. The microwave works very well and heats food evenly. It has a very classic design and fits well with the other appliances in my kitchen. Our microwave is white and looks very sharp and clean. It cleans easily and matches the other appliances in my kitchen. The classic look means that it doesn't quickly look outdated or old. The popcorn feature is spot on and does not burn or undercook the snack. I wish we would have purchased a smaller size, as the microwave we currently own is very large and takes up a lot of counter space, which is at a premium in our current home. Hopefully our next kitchen will have more room to accommodate this appliance.

My microwave is a medium-sized unit. It fits perfectly on my counter. I can heat up and cook small, medium and large dishes in a snap and it heats items evenly. When using defrost, it doesn't cook my food. The quick buttons are convenient. I have had my microwave for a few years now and have had no issues with my microwave the whole time I've had it. It works just as well today as the day I bought it. Compared to other microwaves, I saved a lot of money and I see no need to purchase a new one. My microwave is nothing fancy, I don't believe it needs to be.

The product is excellent. It is cool to use for in terms of making and baking food. The appearance of the product is excellent. Everything I see at the product looks amazing. The only thing I might not like is the color, which is gray. I would prefer black or white, but gray is okay for me. The value is great. It is something I would like to have for long periods of time. The size is great too. It is not as small as many would think when they see the product online and think it is going to be small than the picture being shown, but it is not. I would recommend Magic Chef to others, including my family and friends. It is something I would like to give to someone as a present.

The Magic Chef microwave heats up really fast. I have the largest they have and the highest wattage. I like ours cause it is black and the inside is white but easy to take care of. It is easy to keep clean just wipe it out every use. It cooks like it says and it has a very good platter in the microwave. It is very good microwave and I know it cost more than others but the more you pay the better it is.

Magic Chef Microwaves Company Profile