Magic Chef Microwaves
  • 1 star
Based on 92 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Magic Chef Microwave

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

92 Magic Chef Microwaves Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This microwave was very easy to set up. After I removed the microwave from the box, I set the unit on my microwave stand, and plugged it in. It was ready to use. Has a clock, timer with different speeds and times, add a minute timer, a turn table for even cooking, a popcorn button for popcorn. However, sometimes, the popcorn bag bursts and if I cover my dish with Saran Wrap, the Saran Wrap begins to melt because the temperature is too hot. But in my opinion, my microwave is about perfect. I have used a microwave for about 30 years, and this one is the easiest one to use.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Cooking couldn't be simpler than with a Magic Chef Microwave, and I wouldn't have it any other way. To put it simply, this is the best microwave that I have ever had the pleasure of using in my kitchen, and it should be a favorite of many others! This microwave is simple to set up, as all that is needed is to plug it in and set the temperature. This definitely meets my expectations and then some!

This microwave has many satisfying features, the main one being the timer's flexibility. I mainly like the ability to stop the timer mid-cook. This allows me to time multiple sessions in the same cooking phase. This makes work in the kitchen a lot quicker than other brands. But I would like to more easily program the clock on the microwave, as it would be nice to have the clock function properly. Other than that, I love this microwave. The clock is unimportant when the rest works so well. Magic Chef, keep up the good work!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Like the size and was a perfect fit above our stove with a non-issue install. However, this oven seems much noisier than the last one which was a Whirlpool but opted to get this one which was on sale for a good price. Not always the best option I guess and I miss the quiet old one. But it's easy to use and met all expectations for the amount of cooking we do in the microwave. Like the quick cycles for certain foods such as popcorn, reheating and defrosting. It also has adequate defrosting options.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The process of setting up and using this microwave is simple, plug it in and select the cooking time and wattage. I like that it has high wattages, different levels of cooking and defrost. It is a great product and it meets my needs and expectations.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

It was very easy to set up with clear and concise instructions. It showed step by step how to use each feature and what each feature should be used for. I began using it once it was plugged into the electrical outlet. It warms hot and at a very quick time. I wish there was a lower temp and longer duration for the warming button, same with the softening selection as to not melt what I am trying to soften. I like the defrost feature. You can pinpoint what sort of meat and the weight for proper defrosting. I also like the popcorn button and the minute button for quick microwaving.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magic Chef Microwaves?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I like the way that it looks on my countertop compared to other brands I've used. It was very easy to setup. Put the rotating plate inside, set the time and it's done. But less complicated controls would help the overall experience, specifically the defrost and the baked potato feature and the like.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I like how how stylish and lightweight the product is. I was able to take this product out of the box, set it up and have it working in no time. It's easy to use and I like how the glass allows me to see my meal as it's being cooked. This product made cooking and preparing meals easy and fun. I would tell all my friends that this brand of microwave is one of the best in its class.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Compared to most microwaves, setting up the Magic Chef was rather easy and simplistic to get going, which was a great thing to do. To make my needs and expectations, it did quite nicely. However, a microwave is for ease of use, not to have to understand computers to do so. I would appreciate a quicker use to get from point A to point B, without having to wait like for instance, thirty minutes to cook some baked potatoes in the microwave by Magic Chef. I like the ease of use to do what you'd like to have done, without having to look things up or go into nasty menus and other hard to use settings to use the microwave normally.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My microwave was quick to set up. It took a little bit to figure out all of the controls and extras but that came fairly quick as well so overall very easy to set up and use. It is a great product and the perfect size and I can cook almost anything in it while at the same time I can simply heat a cup of coffee up in it. I like the fact that it is all digital and never any raw food left as it does a great job at cooking all the way through and doesn't dry it out.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Magic Chef Microwaves are simple with easy to use functions and keypad for everyone in the house, even the kids are able to use the microwave with issues and it didn’t take them long to figure out the process of using it. The timer function is a great feature for our family as we use it for a wide variety of reasons. The auto defrost/timed defrost function makes it easy to defrost something last minute for a meal. I feel that this microwave totally meets our needs as a family and all our expectations. However, I have found that the ability to clean the inside and the outside of the microwave is very difficult. Takes a while of hard scrubbing and some very harsh chemicals at times that are not healthy for people to inhale while they are cleaning it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Magic Chef Microwaves have quick minute button that is useful. It heats things very fast and evenly which is the best and most important part. It has different buttons for different foods and a defrost setting as well. It is very simple to use. You place it on the counter and plug it in. From there you just pick a setting and go. Couldn't be easier and I have zero complaints about this microwave. It has a pull handle where you have to pull the handle to open it. Sometimes on other pull handle microwaves it wouldn't work and the whole microwave would move when you tried to open it. This one doesn't do that though so it would be a great thing about this one that usually doesn’t work.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My microwave really get things done and it is very easy to clean and use. It have a reheat button and a lot of button on it for different kinds of food like a popcorn button and a meat one too. But I wish it would come in different color than black and silver and I would make it a little bigger and a lot more feature and I would really love if the price was not so high.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

It is easy to set most of the time, but some settings are confusing. I would like for the temperature settings along with other settings that have to be set at the same time to change cooking style were easier to complete. There isn't a timer either. It would be much more convenient when using the cooking methods without using the microwave if there was a timer I could set. It would help me while cooking dinner. Otherwise, I like the different setting for cook times and temps, defrost and other buttons for different foods. The potato button could go to a higher number so it would be correct for more potatoes at one time for more convenience.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

My Magic Chef microwave is small so it fits anywhere, it's red and I like that it's a different color than boring black, silver or white. I wish that more microwave brands would offer different colors so that you could coordinate it with your other kitchen appliances. Setting it up was very simple, all I had to do was take it out of the box, set it up on the counter and plug it in. After I plugged it in I was able to look on the keypad and follow the instructions to set the time and it was ready to use right away. However, its wheel that the glass plate spins on is awful. The plate forever comes off the "guides" so I have to make sure that it is on. Otherwise the plate doesn't spin and the food doesn't revolve when it's being heated.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

It is very easy to use. I push the buttons & it starts and the machine can be stopped at any time throughout the session as well. I like the revolving glass plate so all the food heats evenly. I also like the timer feature to time any device in the kitchen and once installed the microwave was ready to go. But the sound made when a cycle is done is annoying, three beeps at a high pitch. The read out should simply say 'done' or ' ready' when finished which this one does not.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Magic Chef is a great microwave and includes an automatic fan, as well as features of high priced microwaves. Good value and was easy to install. The unit itself works great. Only problem with it was that it had been dropped at some point and bent the flange on the back of the unit. We were able to make it work but it caused some grief. If there had been another unit of the same color we would have returned it to the store. The only other color you had was white and not what we wanted. Also, this microwave sounds like a rocket ship while on, it's extremely loud and not energy efficient. My electric bill increased when I installed this microwave. I noticed that it takes longer to heat food than my previous energy efficient microwave. It dulled so quickly, it's a low-quality material and not easy to keep clean and polished.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Getting my food heated or thawed is quick and simple. I like that only pressing a number button once is a minute and not seconds. It also has food defrosting temperatures that I really like about this microwave. The only thing I dislike about this microwave is that goes bad or dies out quickly after a year of use which isn't very long to me. There's this beeping noise when cooking done that don't like either. But I'm satisfied with this microwave overall. The setting up of this microwave was pretty simple and has everything I need and expect from a microwave for me at least.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The Magic Chef microwave is very powerful and warms food in high energy and is eco-efficient saving me energy and money. I like the sleek design, the power buttons are very professionally balanced and stacked with features that are very useful in preparing food, baking potatoes and even defrosting of frozen foods. It is all very good and premium. It is also very useful and simple to use, the buttons are laid out very neatly enabling the use of the microwave to save time.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I really like this microwave because I really like the color and the features that come with the microwave. For example, there is a fast cook so you do not have to wait as long to heat your food, such as 30 seconds being turned into about 15.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The microwave works very well and it has all of the features that I need and use. It is easy to use and clean, too. When you purchase this microwave oven you take it out of the container, read the instructions and plug it into an outlet and that's all you need to do. This is probably the best microwave on the market at the present time.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I like the ease of use, individual quick settings and heat control. Very uncomplicated and easy to set clock and timer features were appreciated. The settings for defrosting items are well timed and thought out. Moreover, the size and exterior finish is easy to keep clean and fingerprint free. The interior is simple and easy to clean and has removable pieces for easy wipe ups of spills and overflows. Larger numbers and lighted background for numbers would be extremely helpful though. Also, having the light bulb in a more accessible location inside the unit would be desirable and a standard sized bulb would be more economical.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I have always loved the quality of Magic Chef. I like the features thirty-second express cooking option and LED display design. The dimensions of it are good for my kitchen and the 10 power level options. The kitchen timer/clock for easy use is very convenient. It has an easy setup. Just plug it in and go. Buttons are easy to understand. It has eight quick-set menu buttons and easy-to-use door. I would maybe make it a little more colorful though and they could maybe do them in multicolor.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I like the reliability and the price of this brand. There are numerous other brands out there but I stick with who I trust. The ease of use is a necessity and the fact that they try and keep them up to date with the most current technologies. While they are reliable to use, the durability is not the best. And some that I have owned are difficult to clean. But setting up the Magic Chef microwave is quite easy. You just plug it in and follow the directions to set it up. It is a super simple process which is what people want. The microwave far exceeds normal expectations of this appliance.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I won this microwave in 1999. A couple of years later a family member gave me a different one that was bigger and supposedly better. I put this one in storage but the other one broke down and I took this one out of storage. It is getting older but still worked perfectly. The controls on this microwave are easy to understand and setting it up just included placing the plate, etc. But someone needs to invent a better revolving plate system for microwaves. They are difficult to clean and go off track too easily! I would definitely buy this microwave brand again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I liked the microwave very much. It has all the latest technology features with advanced starting system and easy to cook anything which is very helpful in day to day life. It’s very simple in setting up the microwave. No need of any assistance and very easy to understand the guidelines and regulations. Am very satisfied with the brand which I bought… right thing for the right price. I dislike anything much instead of loving it and unique characteristics and features when compared to other microwave brands.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The microwave has a clock for telling time that was easy to set and a timer for timing whatever it is I'm cooking. I dont have to constantly check to see if it cooking or burning. Very easy, doesnt take a genius to operate it. The pizza and popcorn button and the quick cook button and that I can use it to warm up leftover, coffee, or just melt cheese on my sandwich, or chocolate, marshmallow for quick dessert, or warm up a cup of hot cocoa, or warm up soup, or a hot pack, I also can make scrambled eggs. The size I would like to have one big enough to cook a meal in. Like a pot roast or a casserole or a tv dinner, or stew. Easy, simple, and just what I need.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

The microwave is easy to use and thoroughly cooks the food hot enough. I like that the buttons corresponds to what you want in a cooked meal. However, they should coordinate the timer to make it a simple process. There should be more buttons on it to see that the meal is cooked well because sometimes the meal is not cooked well. It should be easier to use to cook the meal. You need to set in the food and the package must be microwave ready. Set the desired settings and press start to cook. You need to set the timer if necessary. Little time-consuming.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I like that the microwave is 1200 watt which is what most microwave food package cook times are based on. It has a nice sleek look on my countertop and fits perfectly in the spot on the counter. I do wish the inside cavity was just a little bit large so some of my dishes I use to reheat food in would fit in there better, and not occasionally bump the side wall of the microwave. It was very simple to setup and program. I did not even have to use the manual was so very easy and intuitive to understand what to do.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Magic Chef is dependable. Sleek lines with flat screen for easy use and cleaning. Wattage is high enough to cook anything you like. I like the pre timed features for cooking potatoes, popcorn and heating leftovers. Price was reasonable. Color blends in with the kitchen. Size is nice. It fits perfectly on the counter to be used whenever needed. One problem is changing the bulb when it blows out.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The Magic Chef Microwaves meets all of my expectations. Has everything I need, all the bells and whistles. Very easy to set up and use. Simple, cooks food very fast, never a problem. Even a child could use this Magic Chef Microwaves. The cleaning is very easy also. Just take out the glass dish, and wipe out the whole microwave.

Magic Chef Microwaves Company Information