4.37/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Magic Chef Microwave

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

79 Magic Chef Microwaves Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My microwave was quick to set up. It took a little bit to figure out all of the controls and extras but that came fairly quick as well so overall very easy to set up and use. It is a great product and the perfect size and I can cook almost anything in it while at the same time I can simply heat a cup of coffee up in it. I like the fact that it is all digital and never any raw food left as it does a great job at cooking all the way through and doesn't dry it out.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My microwave really get things done and it is very easy to clean and use. It have a reheat button and a lot of button on it for different kinds of food like a popcorn button and a meat one too. But I wish it would come in different color than black and silver and I would make it a little bigger and a lot more feature and I would really love if the price was not so high.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

It is very easy to use. I push the buttons & it starts and the machine can be stopped at any time throughout the session as well. I like the revolving glass plate so all the food heats evenly. I also like the timer feature to time any device in the kitchen and once installed the microwave was ready to go. But the sound made when a cycle is done is annoying, three beeps at a high pitch. The read out should simply say 'done' or ' ready' when finished which this one does not.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Getting my food heated or thawed is quick and simple. I like that only pressing a number button once is a minute and not seconds. It also has food defrosting temperatures that I really like about this microwave. The only thing I dislike about this microwave is that goes bad or dies out quickly after a year of use which isn't very long to me. There's this beeping noise when cooking done that don't like either. But I'm satisfied with this microwave overall. The setting up of this microwave was pretty simple and has everything I need and expect from a microwave for me at least.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The Magic Chef microwave is very powerful and warms food in high energy and is eco-efficient saving me energy and money. I like the sleek design, the power buttons are very professionally balanced and stacked with features that are very useful in preparing food, baking potatoes and even defrosting of frozen foods. It is all very good and premium. It is also very useful and simple to use, the buttons are laid out very neatly enabling the use of the microwave to save time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magic Chef Microwaves?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I really like this microwave because I really like the color and the features that come with the microwave. For example, there is a fast cook so you do not have to wait as long to heat your food, such as 30 seconds being turned into about 15.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The microwave works very well and it has all of the features that I need and use. It is easy to use and clean, too. When you purchase this microwave oven you take it out of the container, read the instructions and plug it into an outlet and that's all you need to do. This is probably the best microwave on the market at the present time.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I like the ease of use, individual quick settings and heat control. Very uncomplicated and easy to set clock and timer features were appreciated. The settings for defrosting items are well timed and thought out. Moreover, the size and exterior finish is easy to keep clean and fingerprint free. The interior is simple and easy to clean and has removable pieces for easy wipe ups of spills and overflows. Larger numbers and lighted background for numbers would be extremely helpful though. Also, having the light bulb in a more accessible location inside the unit would be desirable and a standard sized bulb would be more economical.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I have always loved the quality of Magic Chef. I like the features thirty-second express cooking option and LED display design. The dimensions of it are good for my kitchen and the 10 power level options. The kitchen timer/clock for easy use is very convenient. It has an easy setup. Just plug it in and go. Buttons are easy to understand. It has eight quick-set menu buttons and easy-to-use door. I would maybe make it a little more colorful though and they could maybe do them in multicolor.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I like the reliability and the price of this brand. There are numerous other brands out there but I stick with who I trust. The ease of use is a necessity and the fact that they try and keep them up to date with the most current technologies. While they are reliable to use, the durability is not the best. And some that I have owned are difficult to clean. But setting up the Magic Chef microwave is quite easy. You just plug it in and follow the directions to set it up. It is a super simple process which is what people want. The microwave far exceeds normal expectations of this appliance.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I won this microwave in 1999. A couple of years later a family member gave me a different one that was bigger and supposedly better. I put this one in storage but the other one broke down and I took this one out of storage. It is getting older but still worked perfectly. The controls on this microwave are easy to understand and setting it up just included placing the plate, etc. But someone needs to invent a better revolving plate system for microwaves. They are difficult to clean and go off track too easily! I would definitely buy this microwave brand again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I liked the microwave very much. It has all the latest technology features with advanced starting system and easy to cook anything which is very helpful in day to day life. It’s very simple in setting up the microwave. No need of any assistance and very easy to understand the guidelines and regulations. Am very satisfied with the brand which I bought… right thing for the right price. I dislike anything much instead of loving it and unique characteristics and features when compared to other microwave brands.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The microwave has a clock for telling time that was easy to set and a timer for timing whatever it is I'm cooking. I dont have to constantly check to see if it cooking or burning. Very easy, doesnt take a genius to operate it. The pizza and popcorn button and the quick cook button and that I can use it to warm up leftover, coffee, or just melt cheese on my sandwich, or chocolate, marshmallow for quick dessert, or warm up a cup of hot cocoa, or warm up soup, or a hot pack, I also can make scrambled eggs. The size I would like to have one big enough to cook a meal in. Like a pot roast or a casserole or a tv dinner, or stew. Easy, simple, and just what I need.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

The microwave is easy to use and thoroughly cooks the food hot enough. I like that the buttons corresponds to what you want in a cooked meal. However, they should coordinate the timer to make it a simple process. There should be more buttons on it to see that the meal is cooked well because sometimes the meal is not cooked well. It should be easier to use to cook the meal. You need to set in the food and the package must be microwave ready. Set the desired settings and press start to cook. You need to set the timer if necessary. Little time-consuming.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I like that the microwave is 1200 watt which is what most microwave food package cook times are based on. It has a nice sleek look on my countertop and fits perfectly in the spot on the counter. I do wish the inside cavity was just a little bit large so some of my dishes I use to reheat food in would fit in there better, and not occasionally bump the side wall of the microwave. It was very simple to setup and program. I did not even have to use the manual was so very easy and intuitive to understand what to do.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Magic Chef is dependable. Sleek lines with flat screen for easy use and cleaning. Wattage is high enough to cook anything you like. I like the pre timed features for cooking potatoes, popcorn and heating leftovers. Price was reasonable. Color blends in with the kitchen. Size is nice. It fits perfectly on the counter to be used whenever needed. One problem is changing the bulb when it blows out.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The Magic Chef Microwaves meets all of my expectations. Has everything I need, all the bells and whistles. Very easy to set up and use. Simple, cooks food very fast, never a problem. Even a child could use this Magic Chef Microwaves. The cleaning is very easy also. Just take out the glass dish, and wipe out the whole microwave.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The microwave was very easy to set up, basically plug and play kind of setup. Partially digital which I like, also the metal rack with rubber tips is useful sometimes. Convection cooking is always a plus. There are too many dials and buttons and yet it still doesn't have some of the functions I would prefer. A fingerprint free finish would also be nice. I wouldn't say it quite meets my needs or expectations. Just satisfactory is all.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

It was easy to set up and easy to use it. The instructions are clear and precise. It can do almost everything I want, almost don't need to use the stove to cook anymore. Its large LCD screen makes for easy to set timing and temp control. Works great, plenty of preset button options, quick thaw and reheat food. Popcorn, quick start and timed options. Easy to read screen and easy to use button controls. Kid friendly, easy clean up, smooth turntable movement parts, power level controls. Add voice control option, no touch, auto open feature to help avoid juggling food, auto light sensor, self clean option, runs silent feature. auto sense temp control to help avoid hot spots and ensure even cooking. Smart start options, remember previous commands for certain foods and or drink heating. Auto sense popcorn popping as it reaches the finishing point to help avoid burning popcorn or overcooking food add moisture control. It's a awesome microwave.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

The microwave comes with all the standard features to get the job done, plus it has some extra features. My Magic Chef Microwaves has a surface fan that helps when cooking something on the stove and it causes a lot of fumes. It also has a surface light that can be turned on in times when the lighting is less than visible. The surface fan can be a little loud, but since the surface light provides only light to what's directly on the range, there are no features that are untrustworthy. This microwave is simple to use. When I first set it up, all I had to do was plug it up. Other than setting the alarm its been very easy to setup and install.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

The microwave is solidly constructed. Haven't had to deal with needing to fix any part of it. It was easy to set up. And even easier to use. The button panel includes all you need to know about operating the microwave. It meets my needs and expectations because I had previously owned another brand that I was constantly frustrated with because it took such a long time to heat up any kind of food. The Magic Chef microwave lets me get to my meal faster and I rarely have to put in the dish for more time. I feel like things heated up faster and more thoroughly when I first started using this microwave, but over time it has not been as effective as I would like.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I like that Magic Chef Microwave has simple and easy to use features. All I did was take it out of the box and plug it in. I thought it was a little small on the inside but it fits my needs very well. The speed dethaw is the most help. It works very well and dethaws food very quickly. The settings for different foods are also very helpful when cooking different foods. But it would be nice to have more space in the microwave so food doesn't get caught on the side when it's cooking. Bags of popcorn get caught on the side and don't spin.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I like that the Magic Chef Microwave has digital timer both for specific menu items and per minute timer. It has alarm bell that tells you when cycle is finished. Microwave also has 3 different power settings for various levels of cooking, low, medium and high. However, this microwave does not have short cooking cycles. Minimum would be one minute. Sometimes I would like to hear 15 seconds for quick heating for example for drinks that only require 15 heating just to remove the chill. Nevertheless, you select menu item with illustration on keypad. Example popcorn three minutes, baked potato 5 minutes, or you can set timer for a certain amount of minutes. Basically this microwave is very user-friendly.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I like that it has a turntable - also that it is also a vent hood for my stove/oven unit that it is installed above in my kitchen cabinetry - it makes for a nice, clean, uncluttered appearance and my kitchen is quite small so it's nice to have it up and off the counter. The one thing I would change would be the brightness of the under hood light - while it does illuminate the rangetop below it, the lamp is not really bright enough to cook by, you still have to turn on the brighter ceiling light to be sure of what you are doing. But it is very easy to operate - has several convenience features like preset buttons for things like popcorn or baked potatoes - also incorporates a countdown timer that is easy to use and lastly has a minute button that can be pressed to start and run the devise X number of minutes depending on how many times you mash the button.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I like that the Magic Chef Microwave has a built-in timer that I can use for other things without me having to use the microwave itself. I also like the defrost setting on it. There's no need to wait for my food to thaw out in an old-fashioned way, especially if I'm running late. However, when the buzzer goes off, it's not really loud enough so it can be heard upstairs. I also dislike that there's no option for adding time to the timer while it's still running. That would be very helpful. Nevertheless, it is a very good microwave, very simple to use and the buttons pretty much explain how to use it just by reading them. It meets my standards very well.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I like that it is compact and heats up food quick. I also like the color of the microwave and that it was inexpensive when I first bought it. The one thing I dislike about this microwave is whenever I place food in the microwave, the food begin to splatter and it makes me want to punch someone in the face for that reason. The microwave is easy to set up. I just press the numbers and select how many minutes I want and it is easy to do that a dog can do it. It is a positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

The push button, clock, turntable and size is many of how it fits into my kitchen. The Magic Chef Microwave is a medium size and not large or too small. It's simply what I wanted and the brand seemed to have a good reputation. I wish that it came in different colors actually or a more chrome look. All types of kitchen products now are ones that stand out and look so nice in a kitchen. It was very simple to set up. Just plug it up and go! The box held the microwave in securely and I liked how it's all simply able to be used as soon as you just plug it in.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I like the Magic Chef Microwave's efficiency and size. You plug the microwave in and get started by simple push and play kind of method. I like how easy it heats up but it doesn't heat up too well. It takes some time to get my food at the temperature I want. It's something I need to do often and it's bothersome. Other than that, I'm pleased with its simplicity and it's pretty popular. I liked my purchase.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I like the Magic Chef Microwave. I have had this brand microwave before and it was easy to set up. It is very simple to set the time I want to cook or at the temperature setting (High, Med, Low). I like the fast buttons that allow you to hit the start button for 30 seconds or the 1 for 1 minute etc. I also like the rotating glass that allows the food to cook at a more even rate. The microwave meets my expectations and would buy another one when I need one.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have always liked a large capacity microwave which the Magic Chef Microwaves has been. I think that very few microwaves are made that will have the space to accommodate a wide diameter and a high item like a cake and that is something that is desirable at times. The dial options on the microwave are few but mostly all I do is heat or reheat items that have been prepared already. I think that a simple quick heat option for thirty seconds or sixty seconds would be good as well as a defrost option for things like frozen items that need to be cooked or fried. The roller ring and plate that come with the oven of course need to be set in place but other than that the setup is very simple and uncomplicated. You just need to set in on the counter and plug the oven into the outlet.

Magic Chef Microwaves Company Information