Magic Chef Microwave

Compare Microwaves

Research top Microwaves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love my Magic Chef microwave very much. It works so wonderfully. It's stainless steel and looks so nice in my kitchen. It has all modern functions and has different setting program in. Setting up my Magic Chef microwave was so very very simple. All I had to basically do was take it out of the box and plug it in. I needed to set the time but besides that I didn't need to do anything. But some of the programmed choices for soup or popcorn aren't always the correct time and sometimes it needs more or less time.

I absolutely love my microwave and the size. It was really easy to set up, use, and clean. I like the feature that you can brown or cook from frozen. Also like my defrost setting. Has the really great timer feature that I love along with the time and date setting. Also has a really cool baking feature. I am really amazed by everything my microwave does and can do. It is really fun to use. Will not change it for the world. It is great and it is my favorite brand. I highly recommend to anyone.

The Magic Chef microwave was basically just a plug in and setting the clock which are the only settings I had to set up overall. It includes the latest technology which is what I love in electronic products that come to the market. They enable me to put little to no effort into using my microwave. I use all features that my microwave has, some more than others but I still use them all on many different occasions. It meets my needs completely and I have had no problems at all with my device.

There are a few things that I like as features on my brand of microwave. It is a simple microwave with simple colors and simple functions. The price is right and it meets my expectations for the price. I also love that the settings are easy to push and understand but it could be a bit bigger. It is big enough to hold one full plate but I would want it to hold a few sides such as a small cup or bowl.

This microwave has lasted me a long time and the setup and use have been very simple. I bought the microwave over ten years ago and have moved three different times since I bought it and it's still working. It does what I need it to do regardless of its smaller size and it fits well on my counter. I also like the use of the popcorn function and the defrost function a lot. But I would like a more powerful microwave with more functions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magic Chef Microwaves?

Love the controls and it is easy to keep clean. Also love how it cooks my food so very quickly and easily. Nice looking unit as well, pretty colors, and accents. Nice and big on the inside, more than enough room for what I want to cook. It's not too heavy, can be moved around if need be. It is pretty straightforward to me as far as how to use it. Has many preset features and cook levels that make it a breeze to use. I used it to cook my Thanksgiving meal in and it worked great for me, and continues to as well. If it only could be a little bigger I guess, for cooking bigger types of dishes and meals. Could probably make it have more fine settings for ethnic types of food. A popcorn feature would be nice as well, but is not a must have. Would be nice to have a turntable in it as well, for cooking things like chicken and turkeys. But it's reliable, handy, useful, excellent.

This Magic Chef microwave was very simple to set up and use right out of the box. You just set up the time and a couple of other things and you can use it right away! I like the look of this microwave. It is sleek and modern and simple. Also, the button locations are great. The ease of use is really great, practical and useful! If anything, maybe add a few different settings and making it a bit larger. I would also try to include modern trending colors like pastels.

The size, weight, and cost were all within range for my intended use as a second floor convenient warming microwave when spending so much time there after an arduous climb. Made hot drinks essential on the floor where I actually spend most time. It was very easy to set up and no trouble to use, even though it has a different timing system than my main microwave, a KitchenAid. It is very good for its intended use and heats faster than the bigger microwave. However, the footprint is slighter larger than the base I have it on, causing problems with heat at rear, sliding and protrusion. I do not like how the turntable slips around nor that it nearly always leaves the handle in the rear, so I have to stoop down and turn carefully to retrieve my now very hot beverage.

It has the easy setting on it for different items, like potatoes, reheating defrosting and cooking items. It also has a good size plate that rotates and evenly cooks. It's somewhat easy to set up. Load, set the timing and close door and push start. It's very easy to load it and unload it. Setting is also very easy. But it beeps too much at the end of the settings and because it's a large size microwave sometimes it cooks or reheats up too fast and I end up burning whatever I am trying to reheat or cook. So I really need to watch what I put in there because I can end up burning it and throwing it away.

The Magic Chef microwave was very simple to use and set up. Just plug in and go. It was very intuitive cooking with very smart design. It uses a lot less space but is powerful enough to cook an entire meal if I need it to. I like the multiple settings, how evenly it cooks the food, how I can cook large dishes inside of it. The cooking area is large and the controls are smart. It works wonderfully as is - one of the best microwaves I have used.

I like the color they come in and the heating options they have. I like the size and the space for you to heat up your food and the price is pretty low too. Setting it up is easy as pie, you plug it up and set your world clock to the time and really that's how you start warming up your food. It really meets my expectations that I thought it would. Also, it has very nice watts. The light is bright and it gets your food warm the way you want it. But they can make it bigger than what it is.

Stop using Magic Chef Microwave model MCM995KB now. Risk of fire. Placed two pieces of bread with a paper towel using the 30second button. Detected an electrical burning smell and unit did not auto shut off. Opened door to shut off, filled house with black smoke. House is retaining smell, hopefully it will air out and not stay in fabrics. A rust orange oil inside the unit and outside on right rear vent. See pics.

I have no trouble with Magic Chef Microwave MCD1110ST1 operating. Only had it 4 days. But cannot read the control panel (have had 5 others check if they could and they could not also). You have to get up within 2-3 inches to see it. Reflection and light lettering - basically told can't suggest anything, go exchange it. Anyone else have this useless microwave, why designed that way.

The microwave has 1200 watts of power to cook a lot of items very efficiently. And it also offers many different functions/features. It is a good product. The price that I paid for the microwave I feel was a very good value. I have used it for at least a year, and it still works very good. I like that the product has a lot of convenient features on the panel. Also, the size of this microwave was small enough on the outside to fit within my limited cupboard space, but still provided plenty of room on the inside. More so, the appearance of the product met my expectations completely. The only difference is that it was white in color, and I would have preferred something more like a silver.

The microwave works well. It even reminds you if you've left something in it. The light inside works and the beep isn't too annoying. This microwave was a good value. I bought it on sale. I haven't had any issues with it at all and would recommend Magic Chef to anyone who needs a microwave. This microwave is black. It's easy to clean and there is plenty of room inside. It also matches the rest of the appliances in my kitchen. I'm glad I bought this microwave. However, this microwave does take up a lot of counter space. The door swings out pretty far. This is my only complaint with this microwave.

The microwave that I purchased was exactly what I had hoped for. It works efficient and heat is distributed evenly throughout the food. The size is great for smaller spaces but large enough for all my microwave needs. It requires very little space to work properly. I also like the appearance and the design is sleek and modern as well as easy to clean up. I also was pleased with the cost of the microwave and would recommend this brand to others.

My microwave works well. Always consistent cooking and temperatures. Lasted for over 20 years, not many things will last that long. Considering that it only cost a little over one hundred dollars, I figure for lasting over 20 years, that is a great value. I used it daily, many, many, many times. Definitely big enough to cook anything you would want to cook in a microwave. However, I do not normally cook many things in a microwave, as I think they are mostly for warming up things or melting butter or chocolate. The microwave looks nice, would fit into any kitchen, office, dorm room or break room decor. Unobtrusive and easy to fit on any table, countertop or another surface.

It worked well and did its job. Good brand. Enjoyed it. I loved it for ten year then we had a power surge and it went out. It was an amazing appliance working every time day in and out. Easy to clean, easy to function, and great for all ages to run from great grandpa to small grandchildren. The size was large enough for all the big dishes for a large family but a little large as the children grew up and we downsized. We kept it because it was a great appliance. It was white. Economical to run, fun to use, and worth the price I paid for it.

This microwave oven worked well in my small kitchen and fit nicely on my apartment counter. It was powerful for its size and it heated food well, quickly and evenly. Though nondescript, the appliance was not ugly. It kept its shine, was easy to keep clean and stayed new looking for a long time. The appliance lasted a long time, which made it a good value. I was very happy with my purchase.

Heats fast, quiet as a microwave can be and easy to clean. It is a lot smaller in size and shorter compared to my old one that weighs a ton. This one is light enough that sometimes cleaning it out the whole things moves which is a downside but it is okay. It's very pretty and sleek. Red and black. Red has a little thin line to a thicker line across the front, the glass is tinted black and the inside has the usually clear glass and white wall. The popcorn button is a little long log for popcorn but not that hard to shut off. It was well worth the money, would buy another if I need it and would give as a gift if anyone needed one. Also recommended it to a relative and they bought it and seem to like it so far, but it has only been a week.

Our Magic Chef Microwave has one touch controls with ease of operation and cleaning. Its browning unit makes the food look and feel like it was cooked in the oven, and its turntable gives easy and even cooking. It was a great value and the price could not be beaten. I would have been happy if I had paid up to $100.00, since the money saved by not having to use my oven is incomparable. It is small enough to fit on an elevated shelf but big enough to hold a large dinner plate and still have space for the turntable to fully rotate the plate without hitting the sides of the microwave. It has black background with highlighted number keypad and instruction keys. It also has large open button which is a one touch easy opener. It's brightly lighten and item can be seen through a see thru panel in the door.

This microwave is high performance and very good looking, also glad was able to choose a nice color - a black and silver model. It's easy to wipe clean and like the shine when the unit is sitting in my kitchen all clean and sleek looking. It is also a medium sized unit with good height and width and have never encountered an instance where I could not fit what I wanted to cook or heat up in the oven. This microwave also has high wattage and is good at heating food quickly and evenly. I am able to reheat a dinner plate from the refrigerator in less than 3 minutes and it is always hot to my liking. This is a quality microwave that I would be happy to recommend to friends.

It had nice features like defrost, reheat, and popcorn buttons. I liked that it was easy to use, very simple to operate without any instructions and not hard to set the timer or clock. It was not very expensive and served its purpose well. No defects or problems with its functioning ability. So it was a good value and dependable. It is a good size and fits all cups, plates and bowls that I wanted to use in it. I can fit big bowls inside for popping popcorn and also fit my tall tea mugs. And I like that my large plates don't touch the sides when placed inside. I also like the colors and the nice sized buttons that are easy to read and that the microwave doesn't look massive and bulky on my kitchen counter.

Magic Chef Microwave does the job as I thought it would. If something does not come out right it is usually my or my wife's fault for not entering the correct times but the food always tastes right when you eat. We use it for almost every meal and when we want a quick snack. Also, it is great at thawing frozen meats as we keep plenty in the big freezer out in the garage. We have 2 microwaves and this one is the larger and heats foods for meals including frozen vegetables which we have for almost every dinner. Our kitchen is white and it fits in perfectly with the color scheme that my wife likes and it is much better than the one that came when we bought our home.

The microwave is durable, and easy to use and to follow instruction. It has different modes of cooking and has a turntable which cooks the food efficiently and evenly and easy to clean up. The size was perfect and efficient with roominess to cook large bowls and plates. The appearance was excellent and looks beautiful to sit on my countertop underneath my cabinets. It is stainless steel and has a classy look and matches all my other appliances. I checked out several stainless steel microwaves, and this was definitely the best value for the money. The black buttons you punch in for different cooking options is very attractive as well.

This microwave is quiet and has a lot of features that come in handy such as a button for potatoes, frozen items, thaw and cooking temperatures. It is highly durable, easy to clean and the brushed silver front matches with most kitchens. Many times the silver front cost much more than the basic black or white colored microwave. This Magic Chef was comparable to the prices of many microwaves of smaller size. Their size can fit a large casserole dish inside. It fits neatly on a shelf on a baker's rack but could also be placed on a small apartment size counter top without being in the way or taking up too much room. The brushed silver finish and black control panel matches almost all decors and one of the reasons I purchased this model. I feel this model is stylish, modern and perfect for all tastes and decors.

We paid under $100, so it came to less than $3 a year for the 36 years we had it and that is absolute value. It never needed to be repaired and for our simple needs, it was perfect. We were a family of four, until the kids grew up, and then just my wife and I for the last 20 years. We never made a turkey in it (can you?), but other than that, it always worked for what we needed. Until one day it just died (sob). We replaced it with another brand and are not satisfied with it.

We purchased this microwave to fit in the small kitchen closet space. It fits perfectly and is powerful enough for its small size to fill all our microwaving needs. Makes perfect popcorn. Heats TV dinners quicker than the instructions on the package indicate. This microwave is about as generic in appearance as can be. We would prefer a mid-century modern jet-age looking appliance, but the one we found was not powerful enough. Had to make do with this one. Works as advertised.

Fair price for a fairly generic product. It has held up for several years, and is easy to clean and reliable. I expect to own it for several more years.

Magic chef is a good product. Very efficient, easy to clean, nice features, and energy star qualified. It's also very easy to mount under cabinet and has nice colors, trim, and pleasing finishes to choose from. It blends in nicely with our lichen decor. IT's small enough to compliment kitchen, large enough for all the needs of a family of four. Easy to use, and good value for the price. Easy to upkeep, no troubles or device issues. Door takes a great deal of abuse with no issues. Would recommend. Have done so severally times to friends and family

The Magic Chef microwave works well and cooked all things perfectly. It's easy to use and keep clean, and it's large enough to cook whole chicken. Cooking time was also fast. It comes in different watts, and the size and wattage for microwave was well worth the price. Also, its size fits the space well. Compact but works like a full size. Very durable and lightweight, not bulky. It also comes in different colors and warranty. It looks great on the counter, not an eye sore and matches other appliances in the kitchen. Easy to read panel with large buttons and has settings for different foods. Can also find replacement parts easily.

Magic Chef Microwaves Company Profile