2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Magic Chef Microwaves Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

My Magic Chef Microwave looks like a million dollars and works like charm! It heats evenly and on time. I have tried a few other brands without a success rate. My Magic Chef, always outperforms the others. My last microwave took twice the time to cook and left the middle of things burnt while not cooking the edges. (Very weird machine.) I love my new Magic Chef.

Original review: July 10, 2019

It's a small microwave with a turntable and I have had it 3 + years. $80.00 and works awesome on anything I cook or reheat in it. It's small but I don't have a problem with what I put in it. Great value for the price. Other microwave were $30.00 more and I did not see the higher price for the same size.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Gets the job done and sleek look. Powerful and roomy. Would recommend it to others. Price is very reasonable. Easy to clean. A bit large to fit in compact kitchens. Bought this one to replace a smaller microwave.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

$750 and a year later product never received!!!! To be honest, I can’t say enough bad things about this company. Never reached out on their own to give me updates on my order. Would only return my calls early on after several calls to them. This is an odd sized unit that I built a kitchen around in a tiny home. The home was only in the planning stage when I ordered the microwave. The home is complete and have set a small Walmart microwave in the hole where the Magic Chef is supposed to be. They have never offered to give my money back, Just made excuses early on why the product was being delayed. I am a self-employed businessman, I would be ashamed to operate this way.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Our unit HMD1110W is one year and four months old. The warranty is for a year. Of course, the unit stopped working just out of warranty and the company won't say anything except that it is past warranty. We've hardly used it. This a very poor quality item and even poorer company support. I'll never buy another one. I sent photos to the online customer support and was told to call. I did, waited on hold, only to be told that they can't help me. Total runaround.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magic Chef Microwaves?

Original review: July 11, 2019

Just a basic microwave with minimal frills. It has functioned well for our purpose. Have been using for about three years as we just warm food in it and make popcorn sometimes. The one we have is compact for our space in laundry room.

Original review: June 13, 2019

We have a Magic Chef Microwave in our kitchen. Was already installed in our kitchen when we moved in 2 years ago. As I was in another room, I heard a beep that came from the kitchen. I went to see what was beeping and the microwave says it is set to cook at 3.5 minutes, all by itself, and then it turned on as if it were cooking something. The panel didn't respond to pressing cancel or anything else I pressed so I had to unplug it. A couple of days later, the same thing happens after I plugged it in. It works fine for a while and then randomly, the same thing happens in the middle of the night or some other random time.

I can wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning, hear a beep and the setting was the same at 3.5 minutes and the appliance starts cooking nothing. It just turns on but the panel doesn't respond to anything you press to stop the microwave. Same issue that many others have apparently. It needs to be recalled definitely. I need to shop for a new one now. The microwave is a menace and a fire hazard.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I purchased this new microwave online 2 yrs ago. With a gift card at Walmart. It was a nice gift and I liked it. All of a sudden 5 days ago. It became possessed. I opened the door to put a t.v. dinner in, and to my surprise the turntable started turning, on its own. Have to buy a new microwave, very dangerous.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This microwave was very easy to set up. After I removed the microwave from the box, I set the unit on my microwave stand, and plugged it in. It was ready to use. Has a clock, timer with different speeds and times, add a minute timer, a turn table for even cooking, a popcorn button for popcorn. However, sometimes, the popcorn bag bursts and if I cover my dish with Saran Wrap, the Saran Wrap begins to melt because the temperature is too hot. But in my opinion, my microwave is about perfect. I have used a microwave for about 30 years, and this one is the easiest one to use.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Cooking couldn't be simpler than with a Magic Chef Microwave, and I wouldn't have it any other way. To put it simply, this is the best microwave that I have ever had the pleasure of using in my kitchen, and it should be a favorite of many others! This microwave is simple to set up, as all that is needed is to plug it in and set the temperature. This definitely meets my expectations and then some!

This microwave has many satisfying features, the main one being the timer's flexibility. I mainly like the ability to stop the timer mid-cook. This allows me to time multiple sessions in the same cooking phase. This makes work in the kitchen a lot quicker than other brands. But I would like to more easily program the clock on the microwave, as it would be nice to have the clock function properly. Other than that, I love this microwave. The clock is unimportant when the rest works so well. Magic Chef, keep up the good work!

Magic Chef Microwaves Company Information